时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | This is Devi Vishwakumar, | 这是德维·维什瓦库马尔 |
[00:13] | a 16-year-old girl from the San Fernando Valley… | 一个来自圣费尔南多谷的16岁女孩 |
[00:18] | …and now Paxton’s ex-girlfriend. | 现在沦落成了帕克斯顿的前女友 |
[00:21] | Remember this? | 记得这情节吗? |
[00:22] | Look, I’m sorry. | 听着 对不起 |
[00:23] | The moment where Devi blew it with her dream man for the second time. | 德维第二次和她的梦中情人闹翻 |
[00:27] | Yeah, we all lost something that day. | 对 那天我们都有所失去 |
[00:30] | As you can imagine, she did not take it well | 如你想象 她一时难以接受 |
[00:34] | and plunged headfirst into all of the stages of breakup grief. | 一头栽倒在分手后悲痛的各个阶段里 |
[00:37] | She raged. | 她怒火中烧 |
[00:38] | She wallowed. | 她伤心得不可自拔 |
[00:41] | And after several long, pretty-hard-to-watch months, | 经历了漫长且不堪入目的几个月 |
[00:45] | she finally accepted it. | 她终于接受了 |
[00:47] | Also, this little bit was supposed to show the passing of time, | 这一部分剧情 本来应该表现出时间的流逝 |
[00:51] | but there aren’t any seasons in Southern California. | 但南加州没有任何季节变化 |
[00:54] | See, there are some little pumpkins on the porch. | 你看 门廊上有一些小南瓜 |
[00:57] | Anyway, now she was back to being her normal nerdy, Indian virgin self | 不管怎样 现在她恢复了 往常的书呆子兼印度处女那个自我 |
[01:02] | and was finally at peace with her breakup, | 终于心平气和地接受了分手的事实 |
[01:05] | and could now smile at Paxton without bursting into tears. | 现在向帕克斯顿微笑时 也再也不会泪流满面了 |
[01:08] | – Hi. – Well, that is until she heard the news. | -嗨 -直到她听到这则消息 |
[01:11] | Paxton has a new girlfriend. | 帕克斯顿交了新的女朋友 |
[01:13] | Yep. Hard to be at peace with that. | 对 这很难让人心平气和 |
[01:23] | How you feeling? | 你心情如何? |
[01:25] | You want a hit off my inhaler? | 要不要吸一口我的吸入器? |
[01:27] | No. No. I’m fine. | 不用 我没事 |
[01:28] | I knew this day would come, and I feel very prepared for it. | 我早就知道会有这一天 所以我做了充分的心理准备 |
[01:32] | – Who is it? – Phoebe Hayward. | -是谁? -菲比海沃德 |
[01:33] | Handjob Hayward? Sherman Oaks’ hugest skankosaurus. | 手活海沃德? 舍曼奥克斯高中最没节操的绿茶婊 |
[01:36] | Could he stoop any lower? | 他还能再堕落一点吗? |
[01:38] | I’m sorry. That wasn’t very feminist of me. | 对不起 我刚刚没有尊重女权主义 |
[01:41] | I’m sure all the rumors about her were perpetuated by the patriarchy. | 所有关于她的传言 肯定都是因为父权思想才会漫天飞 |
[01:45] | It’s interesting how women can’t rage | 有趣的是 女性发怒的时候 |
[01:47] | without thinking about it in the context of other people’s oppression. | 一定会考虑到别人受到压迫这个情况 |
[01:51] | I’m really happy I’m a man. | 我很庆幸自己是男人 |
[01:53] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[01:54] | Uh… Yeah. I’m all right. | 对 我没事 |
[01:56] | I know it sucks he moved on before you, | 他比你先找到新欢 我知道这感觉很糟 |
[01:58] | but it’s not like you’re a loser or anything. | 但你不是个失败者 |
[02:00] | Look at Aneesa. She hasn’t dated anyone since Ben. | 看看安妮莎 她跟本分开后就没有跟别人恋爱过 |
[02:02] | She hasn’t, right? | 她没有吧? |
[02:03] | You would know better than we would. You guys are like such good friends now. | 你会比我们更清楚 因为你们现在走得很近 |
[02:07] | Oh yeah, we’re good friends now. | 对 我们是很好的朋友 |
[02:10] | Devi, please pick up some extra toilet paper on your way home tonight. | 德维 今晚回家的路上 麻烦买一些厕纸 |
[02:14] | And not the cheap kind. My guests deserve the one that feels like a little quilt. | 不能买便宜的那种 我的客人用的纸巾得有被子的质感 |
[02:17] | Great. While Paxton’s banging the captain of the gymnastics team, | 很好 帕克斯顿 在搞体操队队长的时候 |
[02:21] | I’ll be making sure a bunch of elderly butts are clean. | 我要负责确保 让老人的屁股干干净净 |
[02:23] | – Huh? – Uh… Nothing. | -啊? -没什么 |
[02:24] | My grandma’s just throwing a party for Navaratri tonight. | 我奶奶今晚要为九夜节开派对 |
[02:27] | What’s Navaratri? | 九夜节是什么? |
[02:28] | Oh, Navaratri is a nine-day Hindu festival that commemorates the great battle | 九夜节是为期九天的印度教节日 为了纪念牛魔王玛希哈和女神杜嘉 之间的大战 |
[02:32] | between the demon Mahishasura and goddess Durga. Right, Devi? | 对吧 德维? |
[02:36] | Yeah. That’s… That’s basically it. | 对 基本上就是这样 |
[02:38] | She has no clue what Navaratri is. | 她根本不知道九夜节是什么 |
[02:40] | Ugh! It’s gonna be all old people. | 客人都会是老人家 |
[02:43] | I wish I wasn’t so terrified of drugs, so I could be high for it. | 我要是没那么害怕毒品就好了 不然今晚我就可以嗑嗨 |
[02:46] | Oh, wait. Trent and Paxton are coming over. | 等等 特伦特和帕克斯顿要过来了 |
[02:48] | And I’m like, “Grandma, stop trying to eat your toothbrush. It’s not a hot dog.” | 我说:“奶奶 别再吃你的牙刷了 这不是热狗” |
[02:52] | Thanks to their best friends, | 多亏了双方最好的朋友 |
[02:54] | Devi and Paxton were occasionally forced into awkward moments like this. | 德维和帕克斯顿不时 会面对这样的尴尬时刻 |
[02:58] | – Hi. – Hey. | -嗨 -嘿 |
[02:59] | Hey, babe. Hey, babe’s friends. | 嘿 宝贝 嘿 宝贝的朋友们 |
[03:01] | So as you may have heard, today is my 18th birthday. | 你们可能听说了 今天是我的18岁生日 |
[03:04] | You announced it over the loudspeaker in the middle of the Pledge of Allegiance. | 你今天早上在效忠宣誓期间 通过大喇叭宣布了 |
[03:08] | Good ear, Crazy Devi. | 耳朵挺灵 疯子德维 |
[03:09] | Anyway, I would like to give you, Paxton, my best friend, | 不管怎么样 我想给你 我的死党帕克斯顿 |
[03:12] | and you, Eleanor, my girlfriend, a chance to throw me a birthday party tonight. | 和你 我的女友埃莉诺 为我举办生日派对的机会 |
[03:17] | Oh, okay. | 行啊 |
[03:18] | Kind of late notice, but I guess we can do that. | 通知得有点晚了 但我想我们能办到 |
[03:21] | Of course we can. | 当然可以 |
[03:22] | Oh my God, you guys, that’s so generous of you. | 天啊 你们真是太慷慨了 |
[03:25] | We could do it at my place. | 派对可以在我家办 |
[03:26] | My folks will be in Morongo trying to gamble back the car they lost. | 我的弟兄们会在莫伦戈赌场 努力将他们亏掉的车赢回来 |
[03:29] | Cool. So, what are you thinking theme-wise? | 很棒 那你想要什么主题? |
[03:32] | I would love to throw an Age of Innocence party with little masks. | 我想开一场纯真年代派对 大家都要戴上面具 |
[03:36] | I want this to be the most insane, puke-filled rager | 我想来一场学校史上最疯狂的大派对 |
[03:38] | in the history of the school and everybody has gotta come. | 让大家喝到吐 所有人都得来 |
[03:40] | Eleanor, bring your friend. Friend, bring your robot. | 埃莉诺 带上你的朋友 朋友 带上你的机器人 |
[03:43] | Paxton, bring your new girlfriend. And, Paxton, bring your old girlfriend. | 帕克斯顿 带上你的新女友 帕克斯顿 还要带上你的前女友 |
[03:48] | Oh, uh, Trent, I actually can’t come tonight. | 哦 特伦特 我今晚来不了 |
[03:50] | It’s a huge Hindu holiday. So gotta celebrate that. | 今晚我得庆祝一个重要的印度教节日 |
[03:53] | Oh, that’s a bummer to hear, but honestly, we’re not really that close of friends. | 真可惜啊 但说实话 我们也不是很熟 |
[03:57] | – So I’m not going to change the date, okay? – Okay. | -我不会为你改日期的 好吗? -好 |
[04:08] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[04:09] | Oh. Uh, hi. | 哦 你好啊 |
[04:11] | So, listen, I know why you’re not going to Trent’s. | 我知道你为什么不去特伦特家 |
[04:13] | You’ve heard of Navaratri too? | 你也听说过九夜节? |
[04:15] | Damn. Was it in an episode of Indian Matchmaking? | 是《印度媒婆 》的 某一集讲了这个节日吗? |
[04:18] | Devi, come on. I know you’re not very religious. | 德维 拜托 我知道你不怎么信教 |
[04:20] | You’re not going to Trent’s because of Phoebe, right? | 你是因为菲比才不去特伦特家的吧? |
[04:22] | No, no, no, no. It’s a real holiday. | 不 真的有这个节日 |
[04:24] | It’s about… Hold on. Let me talk to Fabiola. | 是为了纪念…等等 让我跟法比奥拉谈谈 |
[04:27] | No, no. It’s okay. | 不 没关系 |
[04:28] | All I wanted to say is I know we haven’t talked in a while, | 我只想说 我知道我们很久没说话了 |
[04:31] | but I-I’m really sorry if this Phoebe thing hurts you. | 但要是菲比的事情让你感到伤心 那我很抱歉 |
[04:34] | Hurts me? | 伤我的心? |
[04:35] | No. I’m fine, brosef. | 不 我没事 哥们 |
[04:37] | I’m also talking to people, loads of guys, so… | 我也有在跟别人聊天 很多男生 所以… |
[04:42] | Okay. I thought we could have an honest conversation here, | 好吧 我以为我们可以敞开心扉聊 |
[04:45] | but maybe it’s too soon for that. | 但也许现在还太早了 |
[04:49] | Uh… I was being honest. | 我说的是实话啊 |
[04:52] | It’s a real holiday, and I’m happy, and healthy, and Hindu. | 这是个真正的节日 我很开心、健康 也是个正宗的印度教徒 |
[04:57] | You should’ve seen the look of pity on his face. | 你该看到他脸上透出的怜悯 |
[04:59] | He, like, totally thought I was lying. | 他真心以为我在撒谎 |
[05:02] | You were kinda lying about talking to loads of guys. | 你说你跟很多男人聊天 那的确是撒谎 |
[05:04] | No, I wasn’t. I talked to like ten guys today. | 我没骗人 我今天就跟十个男人聊过 |
[05:06] | When you bitched out the percussion section for being off tempo? | 是指把乐队的打击乐器组臭骂一顿 因为他们乱了节拍? |
[05:09] | And what about it, Fabiola? | 那又怎么样 法比奥拉? |
[05:11] | Okay. Listen, you have to go to Trent’s tonight. | 好了 听着 你今晚必须去特伦特家 |
[05:14] | Yeah. Otherwise, you’re gonna seem so heartbroken and pathetic, | 否则你会显得像个心碎的可怜虫 |
[05:17] | – maybe even borderline obsessed. – Which I’m not. I’m totally fine. | -也许甚至有边缘型强迫症 -但我没有 我没事 |
[05:21] | I know, which is why you have to go. | 我知道 所以你必须去 |
[05:23] | Yeah. But how do I get out of Navaratri? | 但我要怎么从九夜节逃出来? |
[05:25] | Devi… How are you not dressed yet? | 德维…你怎么还没换衣服? |
[05:28] | Get ready, and go bring your grandmother the butter. | 去做好准备 把黄油拿给你奶奶 |
[05:31] | She has a bangle stuck on her wrist. | 她的手镯卡在手腕上了 |
[05:35] | Oh! | 噢! |
[05:38] | Bye. | 再见 |
[05:43] | Pati, your Golu is so fire. | 奶奶 你的雕塑展览太牛逼了 |
[05:45] | Like, look at this. You got Lord Ganesha, Durga, Lakshmi, you know, all the OGs. | 看看这里 有象头神、女神杜嘉 吉祥天女 所有大佬都到齐了 |
[05:50] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[05:51] | But then you got some straight-up flare like this little crystal dolphin | 但你还放了些纯粹的摆件 像这个水晶海豚 |
[05:55] | or DIY Sanjay Gupta. | 或是自制的桑贾伊·古普塔医生 |
[05:57] | – Hubba-hubba. – Yo. | -万人迷呀 -哟 |
[05:59] | You are gonna own all the other aunties’ Golus. | 你肯定会打败别的阿姨的雕塑展览 |
[06:01] | It’s not a competition, Devi. | 这又不是比赛 德维 |
[06:03] | Yeah, right. The whole reason you throw a Golu | 不是才怪 办雕塑展览的目的 |
[06:05] | is so you can stunt on the other old ladies. | 就是为了向别的老太太炫耀 |
[06:07] | – Am I right, Pati? – Yes. I plan to stunt hard. | -我说得对吗 奶奶? -是的 我计划着闪瞎她们的眼睛 |
[06:10] | That’s why I have this pièce de résistance. | 所以我才把这个压轴杰作拿出来 |
[06:14] | – Uh, what is that? – A Bloomie’s bag. | -什么? -布鲁明黛百货的购物袋 |
[06:16] | Not even from the outlet. | 甚至不是奥特莱斯的货 |
[06:18] | And there’s even a receipt inside from my Shiseido’s perfume. | 里面还放了一张资生堂香水里的收据 |
[06:21] | That gossipy cow Smita is gonna faint when she sees this. | 要是让斯米塔那个长舌妇看到了 肯定会晕过去的 |
[06:25] | Mami, why did you invite Smita if you hate her so much? | 妈妈 既然你这么讨厌斯米塔 为什么还要请她呢? |
[06:28] | Because she’s my friend. | 因为她是我朋友啊 |
[06:30] | Although I know she’s going to go on and on about her granddaughter’s wedding at the Universal Studios. | 虽然我知道她会不停地聊起 她孙女在球影城举行的婚礼 |
[06:35] | If only I could have something to brag about to her. | 要是我有什么能拿来向她炫耀就好了 |
[06:38] | Well, you could tell her that I’ve been dating a very nice teacher who I like very much. | 你可以告诉她 我在跟一个我很喜欢的优秀老师约会 |
[06:42] | No. Why won’t you go out with any of the other young men I’ve introduced you to? | 不行 你为什么不跟 我给你介绍的其他男人出去? |
[06:47] | Because, once again, I am seeing Manish, and if you just give him a chance… | 再说一次 我在跟曼尼什约会 如果你给他一个机会… |
[06:51] | I have given him many chances. | 我给他很多机会了 |
[06:52] | Surprising him with pop quizzes on Indian history is not a chance. | 对他进行印度历史的突击测试 不算给他机会 |
[06:55] | It would have been had he gotten any answer right. | 如果他能答上任何一题 那就算机会了 |
[06:58] | You need to find someone who cares about our culture. | 你得找一个在乎我们的文化的人 |
[07:01] | That Manish probably thinks a Golu is a GoPro camera for the toilet. | 那个曼尼什可能认为雕塑展览 是拍厕所的GoPro运动相机 |
[07:05] | Damn, Pati. That was a savage burn. | 妈的 奶奶 你骂人太厉害了 |
[07:08] | Sorry, Kamala. | 抱歉 卡玛拉 |
[07:09] | So, where should we put Sanjay? | 我们该把桑贾伊放哪儿? |
[07:12] | If he’s in the center, the Golu will be too sexy. | 如果放在中间的话 这展览就太性感了 |
[07:15] | Hey! | 嘿! |
[07:18] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[07:23] | Okay. We’ve got three kegs courtesy of the adult lady Uber driver I flirted with. | 好 我们有三个小酒桶 都是跟我暧昧的 那位成人优步女司机送的 |
[07:27] | – So we should be set for the evening. – Get me up, boys. Yeah! | -今晚应该没问题了 -把我抬起来 兄弟们 对! |
[07:30] | And now the boy becomes a man. | 现在男孩成了男人 |
[07:33] | Feed me. | 喂我 |
[07:34] | Aw. Trent seems happy. | 特伦特看起来很开心 |
[07:36] | Yeah, he does. | 是啊 |
[07:37] | Hey, listen. Could you check on Devi tonight? | 你今晚能问问德维的情况吗? |
[07:39] | She seemed kind of upset when I talked to her today. | 我今天跟她说话的时候 她好像不开心 |
[07:41] | We’ve been out of touch for a while. | 我们有一阵子没联系了 |
[07:43] | – I just wanna make sure she’s okay. – Oh, I’m sure she is. | -我想确定她没事 -她一定没事 |
[07:47] | – I don’t think she cares about your girl… – Hey! | -我觉得她根本不在乎你的女… -嘿! |
[07:49] | Oh wow! You look amazing! | 哇!你看起来好美啊! |
[07:52] | Oh, shit. Those are some small clothes. | 妈的 内衣可真性感 |
[07:58] | You have to pump it and tilt your cup, or it’s gonna be all foam. | 你得用泵抽出来 倾斜杯子 不然全都是泡沫 |
[08:01] | God, have you never been to a party before? | 天啊 你从没参加过派对吗? |
[08:04] | No. I was sick for a really long time. | 没有 我病了很长一段时间 |
[08:07] | Oh. Sorry. | 哦 对不起 |
[08:11] | Oh my God! What’s your problem? | 天啊 你怎么回事? |
[08:13] | How are you even condescending about beer? | 怎么在啤酒这事上你都这么自大? |
[08:16] | I’m not condescending. I get annoyed when people don’t know how to do things. | 我不是自大 看到别人不知道怎么做 我就会觉得很烦 |
[08:19] | The problem with you, Ben, | 本 你的问题 |
[08:21] | is that you think you’re so much smarter than everyone else. | 就是你觉得自己比别人都要聪明很多 |
[08:23] | And you’re not. This is why Aneesa dumped you. | 但你没有 所以安妮莎才会甩了你 |
[08:26] | – Whatever. And I am smarter than most people. – You’re not smarter than me. | -随你怎么说 我就是比大多数人聪明 -你并没有比我聪明 |
[08:30] | Well, I mean, sure, you got a whole robotic science nerd thing going on, | 你的确是个懂机器人科学的书呆子 |
[08:33] | but I’m great in all my classes. | 但我在所有科目上都很优秀 |
[08:35] | You are so full of yourself. | 你太自以为是了 |
[08:38] | I bet I can beat you in any subject. Name one. | 不管什么科目 我肯定都能打败你 随你说一个吧 |
[08:40] | Fine. How about history? | 好吧 那历史怎么样? |
[08:42] | Fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[08:44] | Hey, Trent, do you still have our American History textbook from freshman year? | 特伦特 你还有高一时的 美国历史课本吗? |
[08:47] | Uh, yeah. I think it’s propping up my grow lamp upstairs. | 应该有 我好像用它 来垫大麻生长灯了 就在楼上 |
[08:51] | All right, history it is. And you know what? | 好 就比比历史课 你知道吗? |
[08:54] | Let’s make it interesting. A drinking game. | 就用好玩点儿的方式来比 玩喝酒游戏 |
[08:56] | If you get one wrong, you drink. | 答错一题就得喝酒 |
[08:58] | First person to tap out loses. | 谁先投降 就算谁输 |
[09:00] | You’re on, and I’ll never tap. | 没问题 我绝不会投降 |
[09:02] | I come from a long line of high-functioning alcoholics. | 我来自高功能酗酒者世家 |
[09:05] | And I come from a long line of people who never get any questions wrong. | 我来自屡答履对世家 |
[09:08] | – Hmm. – Also, I’m really sorry about your family. | 我为你家人感到难过 |
[09:14] | And then after the vows, we went to the Transformers ride, | 在交换婚礼誓词之后 我们去坐了变形金刚过山车 |
[09:18] | and Optimus Prime gave his blessings. | 擎天柱祝福了新郎新娘 |
[09:21] | It was stunning. | 真是太棒了 |
[09:23] | You are not going to believe this. | 你不会相信的 |
[09:27] | This is what Phoebe is wearing! | 菲比竟然穿成这样! |
[09:29] | Oh, I will. We’ll probably do something at Disneyland, with probably 2,000 people. | 我会的 我们可能会去迪士尼乐园玩 请2000个人来 |
[09:34] | Although, I don’t know how we’ll whittle down the guest list to that. | 但要请的人实在太多了 我都不知道该去掉谁 |
[09:37] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[09:38] | But who will be getting married? | 但要跟谁结婚呢? |
[09:40] | We’d heard about how things didn’t go so well with that handsome engineer. | 我们听说跟那个帅气的工程师 进展不太顺利 |
[09:45] | Oh, such a shame. | 太可惜了 |
[09:47] | What’s a real shame is how quickly your face-lift has relaxed. | 你刚做了拉皮 脸这么快就塌了 这才可惜呢 |
[09:50] | Okay. Okay. | 好了 |
[09:52] | We’ll just talk about something else. | 我们聊点别的吧 |
[09:54] | So Rhyah made the sundal. Isn’t it delicious? | 这是莱雅做的炒杂豆 好吃吧? |
[09:57] | Rhyah, can you please list every ingredient in this dish, please? | 莱雅 能不能说说 做这道菜都用了什么食材? |
[09:59] | Yeah, no, of course. So there’s chickpeas that are organic and locally sourced, | 当然了 有本地种的有机鹰嘴豆 |
[10:03] | which does matter… | 这点很重要… |
[10:04] | – Locally sourced from… – Sorry. I have to take this call. | -是本地种的… -抱歉 我得接这个电话 |
[10:07] | – Please don’t. – I’m so sorry. I know. Sweetheart, hi. | -拜托不要 -对不起 我知道 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[10:10] | Wait, we can be on our phones? BRB. | 等等 可以用手机了?很快回来 |
[10:12] | Apparently, I have to be the cartoon hot dog | 电影开场前都有卡通热狗 来提醒大家把手机调成静音 |
[10:15] | before the movie starts and ask everyone to silence your phones. | 显然那是我要扮演的角色 |
[10:20] | – Yo. – What’s the latest? | -哟 -最新情况如何? |
[10:21] | – Can you get out? – I don’t know how. | -能出来吗? -我不知道怎么溜走 |
[10:23] | There’s aunties parked at every exit. | 每个出口都有阿姨守着 |
[10:27] | It’s tighter security than a Sephora. | 安保比丝芙兰店里更严 |
[10:29] | Well, Paxton just asked me to check on you. | 帕克斯顿刚刚让我问问你的状况 |
[10:31] | I think he thinks you’re like locked away | 我觉得他认为你把自己关在房间里 |
[10:33] | in your room descending into madness, à la Queen’s Gambit. | 坠入疯狂的深渊 就像是《后翼弃兵》里一样 |
[10:35] | Ugh! Damn. I just wish I had some kind of distraction. | 该死 要是有什么 能分散注意力就好了 |
[10:41] | – Hello? – Holy shit. Mr. K.? | -有人吗? -天啊 库老师? |
[10:43] | Polite as always, Devi. | 你一如既往地有礼貌 |
[10:46] | Hey, El. I think I just found my window. | 听着 小艾 我好像找到出逃的窗户了 |
[10:48] | – Hi, Manish. Welcome. – What is he doing here? | -嗨 曼尼什 欢迎 -他来这里做什么? |
[10:51] | Well, I thought Manish could come over and celebrate our culture with us, | 我觉得曼尼什可以过来 一起弘扬我们的文化 |
[10:55] | – and you could get to know one another. – Vanakkam, Auntie. | -你们可以互相了解 -你好啊 阿姨 |
[11:00] | All right, cool it, WikiFeet. | 好了 冷静点 维基百科脚怪 |
[11:01] | – Yep. Sorry. It felt weird for me too. – Well, who do we have here? | -好的 对不起 我也觉得很奇怪 -是谁来了? |
[11:05] | This is just Devi’s teacher Mr. Kulkarni. | 这是德维的库尔卡尼老师 |
[11:07] | He has stopped by to congratulate Devi on being such a great student. | 他来是为了 恭喜德维在学业上表现优异 |
[11:11] | And he’s also my boyfriend. | 他也是我的男朋友 |
[11:13] | Oh. Please come have a seat. | 哦 那请进来坐一坐 |
[11:16] | Let us get to know you. Mmm? Come. | 让我们认识你吧 来 |
[11:19] | Hey, Mom, it seems like there’s a lot going on down here. | 妈妈 看来这里很混乱 |
[11:21] | So I’m just gonna go upstairs to my room for a sec. Got a little bit of a headache. | 我先回房间一下 我有点头疼 |
[11:25] | Enna, kanna? Yeah. Sure. | 什么 宝贝?当然可以 |
[11:35] | You are no one’s obsessed, sad sack ex. | 没人对你感到着迷 没鬼用的前任 |
[11:39] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[11:47] | Hey! What are you doing? | 喂!你在做什么? |
[11:52] | It was so weird. My contact blew out of my eye and then onto the roof. | 太奇怪了 我的隐形眼镜 从我的眼睛里飞出来 掉到了房顶 |
[11:56] | – So… – Get back inside. Now. | -所以… -马上给我回来 |
[12:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:01] | Your punishment is to sit and watch the aunties chew. | 你的惩罚是坐下来 看阿姨们嚼东西 |
[12:04] | – Okay. – Now hand out the vadais. Go. | -好 -现在把炸豆饼端出去 去吧 |
[12:10] | Nirmala Auntie, I couldn’t help but notice how impressive your Golu is. | 尼玛拉阿姨 我不禁注意到 你的雕塑展览有多厉害 |
[12:14] | It is a beautiful tribute to the goddess and her nine avatars. | 这是对女神和她的九个化身的致敬 很美妙 |
[12:19] | Last year, my Golu was seven steps, two more than Nirmala’s. | 去年我的雕塑展览摆了七层 比尼玛拉多了两层 |
[12:24] | But your steps had a lot of empty spaces. | 但每一层都有很多空位 |
[12:27] | I… I think five steps shows appropriate restraint | 我觉得五层展示了适当的节制 |
[12:30] | in avoiding the consumerism of the holiday. | 可以避免节日的消费主义 |
[12:33] | Thank you, Manish. That’s very kind of you to say. | 谢谢你 曼尼什 你这么说特别好心 |
[12:35] | Help yourself to a vada. | 吃个炸豆饼吧 |
[12:38] | I could have a couple. | 吃几个也行 |
[12:39] | – Just one. – Just… Okay. | -一个就好… -好的 |
[12:42] | Rhyah, I was looking for you. | 莱雅 我到处找你呢 |
[12:45] | Sorry. I was having a moment. | 抱歉 我有点走神 |
[12:47] | Oh no. | 不好 |
[12:49] | Are you okay? What’s going on? | 你没事吧?怎么了? |
[12:52] | I was just talking to my son. | 我刚刚跟儿子打电话 |
[12:54] | He’s just finished this high school program at sea for aspiring marine biologists. | 他刚在海上完成了 为有志成为海洋生物学家的学生 设立的高中课程 |
[13:00] | And he actually studied a sea slug colony. | 他研究了海参栖息地 |
[13:02] | Ever since he got back, his friends won’t hang out with him, | 回来后 他的朋友就不跟他玩了 |
[13:05] | and one even called him Dork Cousteau. | 还有一个人叫他呆瓜库斯托 |
[13:07] | And now he’s home alone, and it just breaks my heart. | 现在他一个人在家 这让我很伤心 |
[13:09] | If there was one thing Nalini could relate to, | 如果有什么事情 是娜里妮深有同感的 |
[13:12] | it was the pain of having your nerdy child ostracized. | 就是看到你的书呆子孩子被排斥 并为此感到心痛 |
[13:16] | I know what that’s like. People have called my daughter all sorts of names. | 我知道那种感觉 我女儿被冠上了各种绰号 |
[13:19] | I wish I could just go and make him some new friends instead of those little, pardon my language, assholes. | 我真希望我能带他去交些新朋友 而不是那些小混蛋 请原谅我说了脏话 |
[13:27] | But I know I can’t. | 但我知道我不能 |
[13:31] | Go see your friends and… | 去见你的朋友然后… |
[13:32] | Okay. Wait, so now you want me to go to the party at Trent’s house? | 好吧 等等 你想让我去特伦特家参加派对? |
[13:36] | Are you having a stroke? | 你是中风了吗? |
[13:37] | No. I take a baby aspirin with my tea every morning. | 不 我每天早上都会吃 低剂量阿司匹林 配着茶喝 |
[13:40] | Okay. Then, what’s up? | 好 那你是怎么回事? |
[13:41] | I want you to go to the party, and I want you to take Rhyah’s son with you. | 我要你去参加派对 我要你带莱雅的儿子去 |
[13:45] | What? Who’s Rhyah’s son? | 什么?莱雅的儿子是谁? |
[13:46] | He’s a sweet boy who has no friends and studies sea slugs. | 一个没有朋友的可爱男孩 他还研究海参 |
[13:49] | His name is Nirdesh. | 他叫尼德什 |
[13:51] | Nirdesh? Are you kidding me? | 尼德什?你在开玩笑吗? |
[13:53] | Yeah, that sounds like a parody of an Indian nerd. I’d rather just not go. | 这名字听起来像是“尼呆子” 我宁愿不去 |
[13:57] | What? You were so excited about this party a minute ago. | 什么?你刚才还满心激动 想去参加派对呢 |
[13:59] | You were throwing your body off the roof. | 你心甘情愿地想从屋顶跳下去 |
[14:02] | Hey, not to alarm you, but people overheard my call to you, | 嘿 我不是想吓你 但有人无意听到我给你打电话 |
[14:06] | and now they actually do think you’re descending into madness. | 现在他们真心觉得 你正堕入疯狂的深渊 |
[14:08] | So, get here soon, okay? | 你快点过来 好吗? |
[14:11] | I’ll go to the party, and I’ll take Nirdesh with me. | 好吧 我会去参加派对 也会带尼德什一起去 |
[14:14] | Excellent. And make sure no one bullies him there. | 太好了 你要确保那里没有人欺负他 |
[14:17] | He’s already been picked on enough. | 他已经饱受欺负 |
[14:24] | Hey, hey. I’m here. | 嘿 我来了 |
[14:25] | Hi. Oh my gosh, I don’t know where Paxton and Phoebe went, but you look so cute. | 嗨 我不知道帕克斯顿和菲比去哪了 但你看起来好美 |
[14:31] | When they see you, they’re not gonna think obsessive depressive. | 当他们看到你的时候 不会觉得你有强迫型抑郁症 |
[14:34] | They’re gonna think impressive successive. | 他们会觉得你有厉害“成钢”症 |
[14:36] | I think you mean successful. | 你是想说成功吧? |
[14:38] | Yeah, but that doesn’t sound as jazzy. | 对 但听起来并不朗朗上口 |
[14:40] | Sure. So there’s just one small, tiny hiccup tonight. | 行吧 所以今晚只有 一个微不足道的小问题 |
[14:44] | My mom wouldn’t let me come unless I brought one of her friends’ loser kids. | 我妈妈一定要我带上她朋友的 废物儿子 不然就不让我来 |
[14:47] | He’s meeting me here. Oh, this is him. | 他要来这里找我 说曹操 曹操到 |
[14:50] | “Hi, it’s Nirdesh.” | “嗨 我是尼德什” |
[14:52] | “I’m running behind.” | “我要迟到了” |
[14:53] | “I spilled some rasam on my sweater vest and had to change.” | “我把胡椒酸辣汤洒在毛衣背心上了 得去换衣服” |
[14:56] | “I should be there shortly.” | “我应该很快就到” |
[14:57] | Yikes! | 哎呀妈呀! |
[14:59] | This kid is like a medical-grade dork. | 这孩子就是医疗级的呆瓜 |
[15:01] | Maybe we could tell everyone he’s my cousin. | 也许可以告诉大家他是我的表弟 |
[15:03] | Ow! Ben. | 好痛啊!本 |
[15:05] | Sorry, David, but we need you. | 抱歉 但我们需要你 |
[15:06] | If I asked you who fought at the Battle of Little Bighorn, | 如果我问你谁参加了小大角战役 |
[15:09] | and you said General Custard, that should count, right? | 你说是卡仕达将军 这应该算答对了吧? |
[15:12] | Custard is a dessert. Custer is the general. | 卡仕达是一种甜点 将军名字叫卡斯特 |
[15:15] | Whatever! I’ve had four beers. | 随便啦!我已经喝了四瓶啤酒 |
[15:17] | What’s the big deal? | 有什么大不了的? |
[15:18] | Drink, bitch. | 快喝啊 烂人 |
[15:19] | Ugh! You know what I meant. | 你知道我的意思 |
[15:22] | What are you guys doing? | 你们在做什么? |
[15:23] | Playing a little drinking game called Are You Smarter Than a Ben? | 玩一个小小的喝酒游戏 叫“你比一个本聪明吗?” |
[15:29] | That was good. | 那太妙了 |
[15:30] | Oh my God. That is so lame. | 我的天 你们太扯了 |
[15:33] | Ooh. What if I drop off my cousin with these two | 如果我把表弟扔给这两个人 |
[15:37] | – while I go make an appearance with Paxton? – You have a cousin coming? – I do. | -然后我去找帕克斯顿如何? -你表弟要来? -没错 |
[15:40] | So if you see an Indian dork come through that door, let me know. | 所以你看到来了 一个印度呆子 就告诉我吧 |
[15:43] | I see an Indian guy coming through the door, | 我看到一个印度人从门口进来 |
[15:46] | but he definitely does not look like a dork. | 但他看起来绝对不像呆子 |
[15:58] | Oh shit. | 该死 |
[16:01] | I don’t wanna jinx it, but I think this is going really well. | 我觉得进展非常顺利 希望不要说了就开始倒霉 |
[16:04] | Your grandmother even looked me in the eye once. | 你奶奶甚至还跟我对视了 |
[16:06] | I got too excited and I looked away. | 我激动得躲开了她的眼神 |
[16:08] | I know. I feel good about it too. | 我也感觉不错 |
[16:09] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么? |
[16:11] | Oh God, Manish. Did you take that off the step? | 天啊 曼尼什 你把它从台阶上拿下来了吗? |
[16:14] | I thought someone put it there as trash. | 我以为袋子是垃圾 别人放到上面的 |
[16:16] | There’s a receipt in it and everything. | 里面有一张收据 |
[16:18] | The receipt is what makes it so special. | 收据就是袋子的特别之处 |
[16:20] | This Bloomie’s bag represented the American Dream, | 这个布鲁明黛百货的购物袋 代表了美国梦 |
[16:22] | and you have filled it with dirty napkins. | 但你把脏纸巾都扔到里面了 |
[16:24] | Oh my God. I am so, so sorry. | 我的天 太抱歉了 |
[16:27] | – Ooh, do I hear drama? – No! | -有什么精彩大戏吗? -没有! |
[16:30] | – Oh my God. – Oh my God! Let me help you. | -我的天 -天啊!我来帮你 |
[16:32] | No, uh, Manish. I think maybe you should just go. | 不 曼尼什 我觉得你应该走了 |
[16:35] | – Are you okay? – What are you doing? Who did this? | -你没事吧? -是谁干的? |
[16:37] | Does that hurt? | 疼吗? |
[16:41] | Hi, Devi? I’m Nirdesh, but my friends call me Des. | 你是德维吗?我是尼德什 但朋友们都叫我德斯 |
[16:45] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[16:45] | How come your cousin’s introducing himself to you? | 你表弟怎么会向你介绍自己? |
[16:48] | What? I’m not her cousin. Did you tell them I’m your cousin? | 什么?我不是她表弟 你是说我是你的表弟吗? |
[16:51] | Uh-huh. I may have said that. Yeah. | 我可能是这么说过 对 |
[16:54] | Only because she thought you were gonna be a huge loser, | 只是因为她以为你会是个大废物 |
[16:57] | which you’re definitely not. | 但你绝对不是 |
[16:58] | You thought I was gonna be a huge loser based on what? | 你以为我是个大废物 依据是什么呢? |
[17:02] | Well, because certain cultural context clues and… | 因为从某些文化背景得出的线索… |
[17:06] | Because I’m Indian? | 因为我是印度裔? |
[17:08] | Okay, um, I think I’m good. | 好吧 那算了吧 |
[17:10] | Wait. Des, no. I’m so sorry. | 等等 德斯 太对不起了 |
[17:12] | I did not mean to offend you. But, hey, let’s be honest. | 我不是故意冒犯你的 但我们坦诚相见吧 |
[17:15] | There’s a lot of nerdy Indian guys. | 很多印度男生都是书呆子 |
[17:17] | Don’t know if you know this, but your name does have the word “nerd” in it, so… | 不知道你是否知道 但你的名字读起来就像“呆子” 所以… |
[17:21] | Oh wow. You’re the first person who’s ever said that to me. | 你是第一个对我说这话的人 |
[17:25] | Definitely no one in elementary school did. | 连小学里都没人那么对我说过 |
[17:28] | Look, it’s… it’s fine. I’ve met a million of you before. | 没关系 你这种人我见得多了 |
[17:30] | You’re one of those Indian girls who only likes white guys, | 你是那种只喜欢白人男生的 印度裔女孩 |
[17:32] | and thinks all Indian dudes are just computer geeks | 认为所有印度男生 要么是古板的IT宅男 |
[17:35] | or cheesy club rats who wear too much cologne. | 要么是抹了太多香水的油腻男 还夜夜笙歌 |
[17:37] | No, that’s not what I’m like. | 不 我不是这种人 |
[17:39] | That’s exactly what she’s like. | 她就是这种人 |
[17:41] | Okay, Des, I am so sorry. | 好了 德斯 真的很抱歉 |
[17:43] | I didn’t mean anything by it. | 我没有任何恶意 |
[17:45] | Please just stay. And let’s go get a drink and… | 请留下来 我们去喝一杯 然后… |
[17:53] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[18:03] | Hey, you okay? What happened? | 嘿 你没事吧?怎么了? |
[18:07] | One minute you were apologizing to me for mild racism, | 上一分钟你还因为 抱有轻度种族歧视向我抱歉 |
[18:10] | the next, you’re crying. | 下一分钟你就开始哭了 |
[18:11] | Yeah, um, I’m sorry. Uh, that was my ex. | 对不起 那是我的前男友 |
[18:16] | Ah. Okay. I see. | 好 我明白了 |
[18:18] | Yeah. Um… | 对 |
[18:21] | I thought I was ready to see him with someone new. | 我以为我已经做好了心理建设 不会因为他有了新欢而难过 |
[18:26] | I’d been practicing with stuffed animals from my room. | 我一直在房间里用毛绒玩具彩排 |
[18:29] | Guess it didn’t help. | 看来没用 |
[18:31] | Well, look, now it’s done. | 好吧 都已经发生了 |
[18:34] | You saw your ex with someone else. | 你看到前男友有了新欢 |
[18:36] | You survived. | 活了下来 |
[18:38] | That was the worst it’s gonna be. | 最糟糕的情况都过去了 |
[18:40] | Yeah, I guess. | 应该是吧 |
[18:43] | How does someone like you not have any friends? | 你这样的人怎么会没有朋友? |
[18:45] | What? I have tons of friends. | 什么?我有大把朋友 |
[18:47] | My mom said to take you tonight because all of your friends ditched you. | 我妈妈让我今晚带你过来 说你的朋友都抛弃了你 |
[18:52] | Another reason I kind of thought you were a dork. | 这是另一个让我以为你是呆瓜的原因 |
[18:54] | Oh. My mom loves to exaggerate. | 哦 我妈喜欢夸大事实 |
[18:57] | Only one of my friends isn’t talking to me right now | 现在只有一个朋友不愿跟我说话 |
[19:00] | and it’s because I hooked up with a girl he liked. | 而且是因为我跟他喜欢的女生交往了 |
[19:03] | Twist! So you’re not a dork. | 剧情反转了!所以你不蠢 |
[19:06] | You’re just a bad person? | 只是坏? |
[19:07] | No, I didn’t know he liked her, | 不是!我不知道他喜欢她 |
[19:10] | and he should’ve said something before I lived on a boat with her for 3 months. | 而且我要跟她在船上同住三个月 他早应该告诉我 |
[19:13] | Everyone knows Semester at Sea is a floating hookup party. | 每个人都知道海上学期 就是浮在海上的勾搭盛宴 |
[19:17] | Shit. Was this kid somehow making sea slug school sound hot? | 该死 这孩子是不是 让海参学校听起来很性感? |
[19:22] | Okay, so you’re not a dork, and you’re not a jerk. | 好吧 所以你不是呆子 也不是混蛋 |
[19:26] | So, you’re a nice, cool person? | 这么说 你就是个又好又酷的人? |
[19:30] | Yeah, and maybe I can help you out. | 对 也许我可以帮你一把 |
[19:32] | What if we went back in there and made your ex jealous? | 我们回到里面 让你的前任吃醋 怎么样? |
[19:36] | Kind of seems fun, right? | 听起来好玩吧? |
[19:55] | All right. I think we’re exactly in his eyeline. | 好吧 我们应该正好 在他的视线范围内 |
[20:06] | Yes, Devi! | 干得好 德维! |
[20:07] | Paxton’s looking right at you, and he seems jealous. | 帕克斯顿正盯着你 看起来吃醋了 |
[20:11] | It’s working. | 起作用了 |
[20:13] | Devi, why aren’t you looking? | 德维 你怎么不看过去? |
[20:16] | Oh, wait. I see what’s happening here. | 等等 我看出来是怎么回事了 |
[20:29] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[20:31] | Oh yes! Someone’s puking. | 太好了 有人吐了 |
[20:33] | Thank you, babe. I can’t believe all my birthday dreams are coming true. | 谢谢你 宝贝 真不敢相信 我的生日愿望都实现了 |
[20:38] | I’m really sorry I made you drink so much in the lightning round. | 对不起 我让你在闪电赛中 喝了这么多 |
[20:41] | I knew I had you on Reconstruction. I watched a PBS doc on it with Gears. | 我知道我在“重建时期”打败了你 我和吉尔斯一起看了PBS纪录片 |
[20:45] | It’s okay. I deserve it. | 没关系 我活该 |
[20:47] | I know that I’m a dick sometimes. I get why you don’t like me. | 我知道我有时候很不是东西 我知道你为什么不喜欢我 |
[20:50] | It’s not that I don’t like you. | 不是我不喜欢你 |
[20:52] | I just don’t like how you’ve treated my friends in the past. | 我不喜欢你以前对待我朋友的方式 |
[20:55] | You were a real jerk to Aneesa. | 你对安妮莎挺差的 |
[20:57] | Yeah, can’t argue with you on that one. | 对 这点我没法辩驳 |
[20:59] | And you were also so mean to Devi for, like, years. | 好几年来 你对德维也很刻薄 |
[21:02] | Not fair. She was also mean to me. | 那么说不公平 她对我也很差 |
[21:03] | Yeah, but you called us the UN, which was pretty brutal. | 对 但你说我们是没人要的呆子 那很伤人 |
[21:06] | Yeah, well, she broke my heart. | 谁让她伤了我的心呢? |
[21:09] | She broke your heart? | 她伤了你的心? |
[21:12] | – Yeah, kinda. – Oh. | 算是吧 |
[21:15] | I didn’t know it was that deep. | 我不知道你被伤得这么深 |
[21:18] | You probably don’t need to tell her that. Okay? | 这话就不必告诉她了 好吧? |
[21:22] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:24] | And I’ll work on not being so condescending. | 我会努力不要这么自大 |
[21:28] | You got a deal. | 说定了 |
[21:33] | There is no goodie bag that can make up for what has transpired tonight. | 不管送我什么礼品袋 都无法补偿今晚发生的灾难 |
[21:38] | Everyone is going to hear about this disgraceful event, Nirmala. | 尼玛拉 我会让大家 都知道这个可耻的事件 |
[21:42] | Put the oxygen mask on her. | 给她戴上氧气面罩 |
[21:43] | I would never let anyone get injured at my Golu, | 我绝不会让任何人 在我的雕塑展览期间受伤 |
[21:47] | because I know how to host properly! | 因为我知道如何正确地举办活动! |
[21:49] | I am so sorry about this, Pati. | 真的很抱歉 奶奶 |
[21:51] | This is exactly why I have my reservations about Manish. | 这就是为什么我对曼尼什持保留意见 |
[21:54] | He made a mistake. | 他只是犯了个错误 |
[21:56] | And wasn’t it a bit thrilling to see Smita Auntie take a little tumble? | 看到斯米塔阿姨摔倒 是不是很刺激? |
[21:59] | All it did was prove that this man has no respect for how things are done. | 这个小插曲只是证明了 这个男人根本不尊重规矩 |
[22:04] | And memorizing a Wikipedia page doesn’t change that. | 背下一整页维基百科条目也救不了他 |
[22:08] | But he makes me really happy. Doesn’t that count for anything? | 但他能把我逗得很开心 难道那不是加分项吗? |
[22:11] | Of course, I want you to be happy, | 我当然希望你开心 |
[22:13] | but he is not a serious man. | 但他不是个正经的男人 |
[22:16] | You don’t want to be with someone who’s constantly making messes for you to clean up. | 你不会想跟一个总是让你 给他收拾烂摊子的人在一起 |
[22:20] | That’s not who he is. He was trying really hard tonight. | 他不是那样的人 他今晚非常努力 |
[22:23] | And look what happened. | 那你看看结果如何? |
[22:25] | He crashed my party, | 他毁了我的派对 |
[22:26] | ruined my Bloomie’s bag, and sent my frenemy to the hospital. | 毁了我的布鲁黛明购物袋 还把我的友敌送进了医院 |
[22:29] | I’m really sorry, kanna. | 真的很抱歉 宝贝 |
[22:32] | I cannot support this relationship, | 我不支持你们俩在一起 |
[22:35] | and I would prefer that you do not bring him over again. | 我希望你不要再带他进家门了 |
[22:39] | I understand, Pati, | 我明白 奶奶 |
[22:40] | but I’m an adult. | 但我不是小孩子了 |
[22:43] | And I don’t want to end things with him. So perhaps the best way forward | 我不想跟他分手 如果要向前走 也许最好的办法 |
[22:47] | is for me to move out. | 就是让我搬出去住 |
[22:57] | Well, this is my house. | 我家到了 |
[23:01] | Thanks again for tonight. I had a really good time. | 今晚真的很感谢你 我过得很愉快 |
[23:05] | I did too. | 我也很开心 |
[23:06] | It was kind of a rocky start… | 刚开始不太顺利 |
[23:09] | …but then it was good. | 但后来挺不错的 |
[23:17] | I should probably go inside. | 我应该进去了 |
[23:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[23:21] | Yeah. Um… | 好的 |
[23:22] | Well, um… | 还有… |
[23:24] | Can I text you sometime? | 我可以找时间发短信给你吗? |
[23:28] | Yeah. For sure. | 当然可以啊 |
[23:46] | Oh, hi. | 你好啊 |
[23:47] | You missed quite the evening here. | 今晚这儿闹得鸡飞狗跳的 你都错过了 |
[23:49] | Mmm, I saw. The neighbors are gonna be creeped out | 我看到了 回收垃圾桶里 全都是雕塑的残肢 |
[23:52] | by all the broken doll bits in the recycling bin. | 肯定会把邻居们吓坏的 |
[23:54] | Oh yeah. | 是啊 |
[23:55] | So Rhyah texted saying Nirdesh had a good time tonight. | 莱雅给我发短信了 说尼德什今晚过得挺开心的 |
[23:58] | Really? He did? | 真的吗? |
[24:00] | Uh… What exactly did she say? | 她说什么了? |
[24:03] | Just that you cheered him up, so thank you for that, kanna. | 只是你让他高兴起来了 所以谢谢你 宝贝 |
[24:06] | However, you’re still grounded for the rest of the weekend, | 不过周末你还是被禁足了 |
[24:09] | and I will be asking your uncle to install security cameras outside your window. | 我还会让你的叔叔 在你的窗外装监控摄像头 |
[24:13] | Nothing gets past me. | 什么都逃不过我的眼睛 |
[24:15] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[24:20] | ♪ Looking for the next thing ♪ ♪ Looking for the next dream ♪ | (我要跟帕克斯顿做爱!) |
[24:29] | ♪ Looking for the next dream ♪ ♪ Looking for, looking for life ♪ | (我暗恋上德斯了!) |