时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[00:12] | [McEnroe] Don’t worry, folks, you’re not in an alternate dimension. | 别担心 各位 你并不是到了异次元 |
[00:15] | Our good girl is actually dating a bad boy. | 我们的好女孩 真的在跟坏小子谈恋爱 |
[00:19] | After a truly humiliating start to senior year, | 虽然高三的开端可谓非常屈辱 |
[00:22] | Devi was finally hitting her stride. | 德维终于迈出了坚定的步伐 |
[00:25] | She was about to apply early to Princeton, and she was dating a stone-cold ten. | 她准备提早申请普林斯顿 同时跟标准的满分男神搞上了对象 |
[00:31] | And sure, Ethan wasn’t good at school or polite to adults, | 当然 伊森既不擅长学习 也不懂得尊老 |
[00:35] | but he had other skills that Devi deeply respected. | 但他的其他技能却令德维十分钦佩 |
[00:38] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, | 现在 请容我暂时告退 |
[00:40] | I’m gonna go play the Wordle | 我要去玩组词游戏了 |
[00:42] | while the next scene illustrates said skills. | 请各位自行领会接下来的场景 |
[00:45] | [“Touch” by TENDER playing] | |
[00:55] | [breathing heavily] | |
[00:56] | Okay, so we’re gonna be home alone for hours, | 好啦 我们有几小时单独相处的时间 |
[00:59] | and I was thinking maybe we could… | 我在想或许可以… |
[01:04] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[01:05] | ♪ …feel that touch ♪ | |
[01:06] | ♪ Feel me course through your veins ♪ | |
[01:10] | ♪ Yeah, you love the idea of us… ♪ | |
[01:12] | So how should we do this? [sighs] | 那应该怎么做? |
[01:14] | Me on top, or you on top? | 我在上还是你在上? |
[01:15] | Or perhaps, we could be side-to-side to be more egalitarian? | 要不面对面侧躺?这样比较平等 |
[01:20] | -Have you ever done this before? -Once. | -你之前做过吗? -就一次 |
[01:23] | But it didn’t go so great. | 但并不顺利 |
[01:24] | Well, that’s because you didn’t have sex with me. | 那是因为你不是跟我滚的床单 |
[01:29] | ♪ Do you miss the smell of my skin? ♪ | |
[01:32] | -[“Sideways” by Flasher playing] -Wow. | |
[01:39] | [exhales] | |
[01:40] | See you tomorrow. | 明天见 |
[01:43] | [McEnroe] I’m back. | 我回来啦 |
[01:44] | And today’s Wordle should have been “shero” | 今天的组词游戏答案应该是“英雌” |
[01:47] | because our girl has pulled her senior year out of a nosedive, | 因为咱家姑娘刹住了 她高中最后一年的断崖下跌势头 |
[01:50] | and now she’s absolutely soaring. | 现在正一飞冲天 |
[01:53] | [screams in excitement] | |
[01:54] | [“Sideways” continues playing] | |
[01:55] | ♪ Face in the background ♪ | 好想做一次…毁掉自己的未来 |
[01:57] | ♪ Speeding sideways… ♪ | |
[02:00] | [McEnroe] Devi was finally the type of sexually active senior | 德维终于成为了她一直向往的 |
[02:03] | she’d always wanted to be. | 那种性致勃勃的高三生了 |
[02:05] | but right now, she needed to shift her focus away from emissions | 不过眼下 |
[02:09] | toward admissions | 她需要将关注点 从大屌转移到大学上来 |
[02:10] | because today was the college fair, baby. | 因为高校会展就在今天 宝贝 |
[02:14] | She would finally be face-to-face with the admissions officer | 她终于能跟招生人员面对面 |
[02:17] | who would decide whether she got into Princeton. | 而对方将决定 她是否能上普林斯顿大学 |
[02:21] | And she was determined to make an incredible first impression. | 她决心要惊艳亮相 |
[02:29] | [Ethan] ‘Sup? | 好哇? |
[02:31] | I like your outfit. You look like a little business lady. | 我喜欢你的装束 |
[02:33] | -Hmm. -It’s hot. | 像那种职业女性 |
[02:35] | [Devi chuckles, exhales] | 很性感 |
[02:38] | Wanna go to the supply closet and boss me around later? | 想去储物间任意使唤我吗? |
[02:41] | [sighs] No, I can’t. I have the college fair. | 不行哦 我要去高校会展 |
[02:44] | And, hey, maybe you should pick that trash up. | 那什么 你还是把垃圾捡起来比较好 |
[02:48] | Mr. Morales, pick up your litter. | 莫拉莱斯先生 把垃圾捡起来 |
[02:50] | This isn’t the 405. | 这可不是加州405高速路 |
[02:54] | Miss Vishwakumar, walk with me. | 维什瓦库马尔小姐 |
[02:56] | Mmm. | 跟我来 |
[02:57] | -I’ll find you later. -Okay. | -回头见 -行 |
[02:59] | Ms. Warner, wanna discuss my plan of attack for the college fair? | 华纳女士 要讨论一下 我的高校会展进攻策略吗? |
[03:03] | No, no, I don’t think you need any advice on how to attack anything. | 不 我认为你不需要 在任何进攻方面听取什么建议 |
[03:06] | No, I wanna discuss who you’re choosing to spend your time with. | 我是想聊聊你目前所结交的人 |
[03:09] | Ah, you’re talking about my brand new, smoking-hot boyfriend? | 你指的是我吸引力爆表的新男友? |
[03:12] | Yeah, you can give me a high five for that. | 没错 来击掌祝贺我吧 |
[03:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:15] | Look, I understand the appeal for the bad boy. | 听我说 坏小子有吸引力 我懂 |
[03:18] | Most of my exes have stolen my identity. | 我大多数前男友还盗用我的身份 |
[03:20] | But you’re getting ready to apply to Princeton, | 但你是在准备申请普林斯顿 |
[03:22] | and I just don’t want anything or anyone to drag you down. | 而我不希望 任何事或任何人拖你后腿 |
[03:26] | Trust me, nothing is getting in my way. | 相信我 没什么能阻拦我 |
[03:29] | I’ve been practicing my spiel for the Princeton rep for months. | 我的自荐演讲都练了几个月了 是专为普林斯顿招生代表准备的 |
[03:32] | The tone is gonna be half-Sheryl Sandberg, half-Kool-Aid Man. | 语调就设为 半雪莉·桑德伯格 半酷爱饮料人 |
[03:35] | Breaking through the glass ceiling and the wall. | 桑德伯格打破职场天花板 |
[03:37] | -Mm-hmm. -[Ms. Warner] Love it. | 酷爱饮料人打破壁垒 真不错 |
[03:39] | Just be careful. | 只是要当心 |
[03:40] | Sometimes, certain people can cloud our judgment. | 有时候 某些人会蒙蔽我们的判断力 |
[03:43] | Ms. Warner, I’m a modern woman. | 华纳女士 我可是现代女性 |
[03:45] | I can do a bad boy and a good college at the same time. | 我可以坏小子和好大学兼得 |
[03:49] | You’ll see. | 你瞧好吧 |
[03:50] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[03:53] | Hello, Miss Torres. Oh! | 你好 托雷斯小姐 |
[03:54] | Elise, what a surprise. | 伊莉斯 真是惊喜 |
[03:57] | Parents don’t usually attend these college check-ins. | 家长一般不太参与升学指导会谈 |
[04:00] | I know! But it’s a big decision, | 我知道 |
[04:01] | so I thought we could all tackle it together as a team. | 可这是个重大决定 我觉得我们可以共同应战 |
[04:04] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:06] | Well, Fabiola, what are you thinking? | 那么 法比奥拉 你有什么想法? |
[04:07] | Well, I’ve narrowed my list to 15 schools that all have amazing robotics programs | 我已经把范围缩小到15所学校 它们都有很棒的机器人技术专业 |
[04:13] | and a high ratio of single-stall bathrooms. | 还有相当高比例的单间厕所哦 |
[04:17] | Well, these are excellent. | 很不错啊 |
[04:18] | Michigan, Carnegie Mellon, Howard. | 密歇根大学、卡内基梅隆大学 霍华德大学 |
[04:21] | [Fabiola] They have a killer mechanical engineering program. | 它们的机械工程专业都很牛 |
[04:23] | So are you thinking about early decision for any of these? | 你有考虑申请其中哪所学校的 提前批次录取吗? |
[04:27] | I don’t think so. | 不要了吧 |
[04:28] | I wanna cast a wide net so that I find the absolute perfect school for me. | 我想广撒网 好找到跟我完美适配的大学 |
[04:32] | This is where I’d like to jump in. | 这就是我希望干涉一下的地方 |
[04:34] | I think Fab should apply early to an Ivy. | 我觉得法比应该提前申请常春藤名校 |
[04:37] | Oh, I don’t even know if I wanna go to an Ivy, Mom. | 我都不一定想去藤校呢 妈妈 |
[04:40] | Everybody wants to go to an Ivy. And applying early can help your chances. | 大家都想进藤校 提前申请能提高你的录取机会 |
[04:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:45] | Um, there are Ivies who do offer early action, | 的确有藤校允许同时申请多所学校 |
[04:48] | so you can still apply to these other schools. | 所以你可以照样申请这些备选大学 |
[04:50] | And which Ivies are those? | 是哪几间藤校呢? |
[04:51] | Uh, Harvard, Yale, and Princeton. | 哈佛、耶鲁和普林斯顿 |
[04:54] | Well, I can’t do Princeton. That’s Devi’s school. | 我不能申普林斯顿 那是德维的心仪大学 |
[04:57] | So I’m sure she’d love for you to go to school together. | 我相信她一定会愿意跟你继续当同学 |
[04:59] | Mom, Princeton is insanely selective. | 妈 普林斯顿超级挑剔 |
[05:01] | They’re not gonna take more than one person early | 他们不会提前录取超过一个人 |
[05:04] | from a mediocre public school in the Valley. | 毕竟我们只是谷地的普通公立高中 |
[05:06] | -No offense. -No, no, no, that’s pretty accurate. | -无意冒犯 -不 你说得十分准确 |
[05:08] | And Devi would kill me if I mess with her shot, | 况且 要是我害德维没申上 她非杀了我不可 |
[05:11] | especially when she called dibs on Princeton in, like, the first grade. | 尤其她一年级的时候 就先说了要读普林斯顿的 |
[05:14] | Fabiola, you cannot count out a world-class institution | 法比奥拉 你不能因为朋友先说了 |
[05:18] | because your friend called dibs. | 就不考虑就读世界一流大学 |
[05:20] | I expect you to look at all of these schools at the fair, | 我希望你在展会上把这些学校都看看 |
[05:22] | including Princeton. | 包括普林斯顿 |
[05:24] | -Mom… -I said including Princeton. | -妈… -我说了 包括普林斯顿 |
[05:28] | Thank you, Jennifer. | 谢谢你 |
[05:29] | [gentle music playing] [door opens] | 珍妮弗 |
[05:40] | Guess who’s back from LASIK? | 猜猜谁做完激光视力矫正手术 |
[05:42] | Oh. Kamala. | 回来啦? 卡玛拉 |
[05:45] | Aiyo. How are you feeling, chellam? | 感觉怎么样 亲爱的? |
[05:48] | -The surgery was actually fine. -[Nalini] Uh-huh. | 手术倒是没什么 |
[05:50] | I’d say that Pati’s driving was more stressful. | 要我说 奶奶开车才是叫人压力山大 |
[05:52] | What was I supposed to do? | 那我还能怎么办? |
[05:54] | Not reverse on the highway because we missed our exit? | 高速路上错过了出口 我难道不用倒车回去吗? |
[05:57] | Okay. | 好吧 卡玛拉 |
[05:58] | Uh, Kamala, why don’t you go to the couch, lie down and rest? | 要不你去沙发 躺下来休息吧? |
[06:02] | Andres is just patching the drywall upstairs. It’s a bit of a mess. | 安德烈在楼上修补干墙 有点脏乱 |
[06:05] | Wait, Andres is still working on the house? | 等等 安德烈还在帮咱们家做修缮? |
[06:07] | Didn’t you already have him fix the stairs and then redo the garage? | 你不是已经让他修好了楼梯 还重建了车库吗? |
[06:10] | What do you want me to do? | 那你想要我怎样? |
[06:12] | I mean, the house needs to be updated, right? | 房子需要升级 好吗? |
[06:14] | Would you prefer if I just let it fall down on our heads or something? | 难道你宁愿我任由头顶塌房不成? |
[06:17] | [school bell ringing] | (舍曼奥克斯高中高校会展) |
[06:20] | All right, gals, it’s game time. Let’s get into that college fair. | 好了 姐妹们 要上场了 |
[06:23] | [indistinct chatter] | 大家向高校会展进发吧 (夏威夷大学 德克萨斯大学) (圣莫尼卡学院) |
[06:29] | Okay, but first, how do I look? | 好了 不过先等等 我看起来怎么样? |
[06:31] | Uh, fit check? Zit check? | 着装怎么样?痘痘盖住了吗? |
[06:33] | Can you see this concealer blob is hiding a hickey? | 看得出是遮瑕膏遮吻痕吗? |
[06:35] | -Nope, you look extremely profesh. -[Devi chuckles] | 看不出 你整个人相当职业范儿 |
[06:37] | [gasps] Like a person who signs people up for credit cards at the airport. | 就像在机场给人开信用卡的那种 |
[06:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:41] | Ms. Warner said I couldn’t do it all. I can be both sexy and successful. | 华纳女士说我无法二者兼得 我可是性感与成功尽在掌握 |
[06:45] | Wait. Why doesn’t Ms. Warner think you’re succ-sexy? | 慢着 华纳女士干吗不承认 你是成功辣妹? |
[06:47] | Oh no, she does. She just thinks that Ethan’s bad for me. | 她承认的 只是她觉得伊森会拖我后腿 |
[06:50] | Oh, well, that’s true. | 噢 那倒是没错 |
[06:51] | Yeah, he’s like an anchor pulling you down into the depths. | 他就像拽着你沉向海底的船锚 |
[06:53] | W-W-W-Wait, you guys agree with her? | 等等 你俩竟然也同意? |
[06:55] | But, Eleanor, you had a crush on him too. | 埃莉诺 你也喜欢过他啊 |
[06:57] | Yeah. ‘Cause he’s hot. | 因为他帅啊 |
[06:58] | But I wouldn’t trust him with my social security number. | 但我可不会把社保账号告诉他 |
[07:01] | -Or your email address. -Or your passwords. | -或者邮件地址 -或者密码 |
[07:02] | -Or your credit card number. -Or your diaries. | -或者信用卡号 -或者日记 |
[07:04] | Whoa, you guys are all wrong. He’s just misunderstood. | 哇 你们大错特错 他只是遭人误会而已 |
[07:08] | Yeah, by you. | 没错 是你误会了 |
[07:09] | [Eleanor] Devi, we get it. | 德维 我们懂 |
[07:11] | You’re having your sensual hornissance. We love that. | 你正经历性觉醒 我们为你高兴 |
[07:13] | When the sex haze wears off, we will be here to help you flush that turd. | 等你性趣减退 我们会准备好帮你把那坨屎冲走 |
[07:17] | Okay, you know what, guys? Really not enjoying this conversation. | 好吧 你们知道吗? 我现在越聊越感觉别扭了 |
[07:20] | Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’m gonna go practice my spiel. | 失陪一下 我要去练习演讲了 |
[07:28] | Hey. I think I’m on snack duty with you? | 嘿 我是跟你一起负责零食摊 是吧? |
[07:30] | Oh, welcome. | 噢 欢迎 |
[07:32] | I see that you also got snubbed from the faculty trip to Margaritaville. | 看来你也被排除在 玛格丽塔维尔度假村之旅之外 |
[07:36] | Wait, what trip? | 等等 什么之旅? |
[07:37] | Yeah. The rest of the teachers are out day drinking | 没错 其他教师都大白天喝酒去了 |
[07:39] | while we chaperone this mayhem. | 就剩我俩在这儿守着这个乱摊子 |
[07:42] | So congratulations on officially being real low status. | 所以 恭喜你正式加入低贱身份群 |
[07:45] | Uh, speak for yourself. I’m not low status. | 别拽上我 我身份不低 |
[07:48] | Mmm, you’re an assistant swim coach. I wouldn’t call that a top-tier position. | 你是助理游泳教练 我可不觉得这是什么了不起的职位 |
[07:53] | So what? You’re a substitute. | 那又怎样?你还是代课老师呢 |
[07:55] | Yeah. I’m admitting that I’m at the bottom of the barrel. | 是呀 我承认我是底层 |
[07:59] | Oh, I… I’m sorry, dude. I didn’t mean to hit a nerve or anything. | 抱歉啊 老兄 我不是故意戳你痛处 |
[08:03] | I’m just making conversation, you know, at the saddest snack table in the world. | 我只是在世界第一悲催的零食摊 找话聊罢了 |
[08:07] | You didn’t hit a nerve. It’s totally chill. | 你没有戳我痛处 完全没事 |
[08:10] | [McEnroe] If you can’t tell, Paxton was feeling a little insecure | 你可能看不出来 自从帕克斯顿不小心听到 |
[08:14] | ever since he overheard the new Hot Pocket calling him pathetic. | 新的帅哥角说他多悲惨 就开始有了一些不安全感 |
[08:17] | Well, heads up, Pax, | 小心了啊 帕克斯 |
[08:19] | another kick in the dick is incoming. | 下一波裆下攻击即将到来 |
[08:21] | What’s up, Paxton? | 好哇 帕克斯顿 |
[08:22] | Hey, guess what. I, uh… I just talked to the ASU rep for, like, five seconds. | 你猜怎的? 我刚跟亚利桑那州立大学的代表 聊了五秒钟 |
[08:25] | So I basically went through as long as you did. | 基本上跟你上大学的时间一样长诶 |
[08:27] | [chuckles] | |
[08:28] | Hey, that’s real funny, bro. | 哇 好好笑哦 兄弟 |
[08:30] | Thanks, man. | 谢啦 伙计 |
[08:31] | So, uh, can I get some Fritos? | 给我来包薯片呗? |
[08:35] | Yeah. | 行 |
[08:41] | [whispering] Appreciate it. | 谢啦 |
[08:43] | [boys laughing] | |
[08:45] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[08:47] | [McEnroe] Devi was choosing to ignore what her friends said about Ethan, | 德维决定忽略朋友们关于伊森的言论 |
[08:51] | and instead focus on the person who could decide the fate of her future. | 转而专注于 有可能决定她未来命运的人 |
[08:55] | A person who happened to be… | 而这个人碰巧是… |
[08:57] | [indistinct chatter] | (普林斯顿大学) |
[08:58] | -I think you should make the trip. -[laughs] Indian! | 我认为你应该做一次探访 印度人! |
[09:01] | [inhales sharply] Big ups, gods. Thank you. | 疯狂点赞 神明们 谢谢大家 |
[09:04] | [McEnroe] The deities had provided, | 神明给了机会 |
[09:06] | and Devi was now a shoo-in to wow her Desi sister. | 德维现在相当有把握 让她眼前的南亚姐妹眼前一亮了 |
[09:11] | Just as soon as she could get through this long-ass line. | 只要等她排完这条长不见尾的队 |
[09:14] | Come on, Devi. | 加油 德维 |
[09:16] | What would Sheryl Sandberg do here? | 换作雪莉·桑德伯格 她会怎么做? |
[09:18] | Forget that. What would the Kool-Aid Man do here? | 算了 酷爱饮料人会怎么做? |
[09:22] | I’d love to see. So here’s some… | 欢迎你来 那么这是… |
[09:24] | Hi. [chuckles] | 你好 |
[09:25] | Hi. Um, there’s a… | 你好 请排… |
[09:27] | I’m Devi Vishwakumar. | 我叫德维·维什瓦库马尔 |
[09:28] | And here’s why Princeton needs a girl like me. | 普林斯顿需要我 理由如下 |
[09:30] | I’m at the top of all my classes. I’m president of eight different clubs, | 我所有课的成绩都名列前茅 还是八个不同社团的主席 |
[09:33] | and I’ve read every single book in the school library, | 我还把学校图书馆的藏书看了个遍 |
[09:36] | including the dictionaries. | 包括字典哦 |
[09:37] | So some would say I was born in the wrong decade… | 有些人会说 我生在了错误的年代… |
[09:39] | -Devi, is it? -[Devi] Mmm. | 德维 对吧? |
[09:41] | I’m Akshara, and I was actually talking to somebody else. | 我是阿克莎拉 我刚刚在跟别人说话 |
[09:43] | Yeah, but I’m… | 我知道 |
[09:45] | Mmm. | 但我是… |
[09:46] | And you’re… Mmm. | 而你也是… |
[09:49] | -Indian. -Oh my gosh, vanakkam to you too. | -印度人 -我的天 也向你问候 |
[09:52] | You’re still gonna need to wait in line. | 你还是得排队 |
[09:54] | Uh… | |
[09:56] | Okay, how about the elevator pitch? | 好吧 那来个电梯游说怎么样? |
[09:58] | I’m in all AP classes, including two languages. | 我上了所有先修课程 包括两门外语 |
[10:00] | I have a well over 4.0 GPA, | 我绩点远超4.0 |
[10:02] | and I’m actually first chair harpist in orchestra. | 我还是管弦乐团竖琴首席 |
[10:04] | Well, I’m actually the only harpist, | 呃 其实是唯一一位竖琴手 |
[10:06] | but the harp is a difficult instrument to master… | 但竖琴也是十分难掌握的乐器… |
[10:08] | That’s great, Devi. Thanks for stopping by. | 很好 德维 |
[10:12] | Oh. Is that it? You don’t wanna ask any questions about myself? | 谢谢你过来 就这样了吗?没有问题要问我吗? |
[10:15] | Nope, I think I understand you pretty well already. | 没有 |
[10:20] | Oh… Um… | 我对你已经有足够的了解了 |
[10:22] | You know what? | 那什么 |
[10:23] | O-On second thought, I am gonna go to the back of the line. | 仔细想想 我还是去排队好了 |
[10:27] | And maybe we could start over when I get to you? | 等我排到你面前 再重新来过 怎么样? |
[10:29] | Not necessary. Have a great day. | 没必要 祝你愉快 |
[10:32] | So these are the packages I was talking about earlier… | 那么 这些就是我刚刚说的… |
[10:36] | [McEnroe] Hold on. What the hell just happened? | 等一下 刚刚这他娘是怎么回事? |
[10:39] | Did Devi just screw up her chance at Princeton? | 莫非德维搞砸了进普林斯顿的机会? |
[10:43] | That’s why Columbia should be all about the Benjamin. | 这就是为什么哥伦比亚大学 应该把重点都放在本杰明身上 |
[10:46] | [McEnroe] Speaking of people who are shitting the bed at this fair… | 说到在这场展会上紧张到要死的人 |
[10:50] | [tense music playing] | |
[10:53] | [exhales] | |
[10:57] | [McEnroe] God, look at him. | 天呐 瞧瞧他 |
[10:59] | He’s making me feel stressed, | 他搞得我都紧张了 |
[11:00] | and I’m sitting in a bath right now. | 我还泡着澡呢 |
[11:03] | [sighs] | |
[11:04] | [sighs] | |
[11:06] | Yo, Devi, what are you doing? Aren’t you supposed to be at your dork conference? | 你怎么来了? 你不是应该参加书呆子大会吗? |
[11:09] | Nope. Because I blew it. | 没有了 |
[11:11] | [sighs] The rep hated me. | 我搞砸了 招生代表讨厌我 |
[11:12] | What? That bitch. | 什么?那个贱人 |
[11:15] | Listen, | 听着 |
[11:17] | do you want me to slash her tires or, you know, key her car? | 你想让我割她车胎 还是用钥匙划她车身? |
[11:20] | No, please don’t. | 不 |
[11:22] | Agh! I think I just came in too hot. | 拜托不要 我想是我用劲太猛 |
[11:26] | Yeah, you did. | 你是挺带劲儿的 |
[11:27] | Okay, I appreciate how you made that sound sexy, | 好吧 谢谢你讲得这么性感 |
[11:29] | but I really need to figure out how I’m gonna fix this. | 可我必须想想怎么挽回局面 |
[11:32] | Okay. Here’s what you have to do. So you follow her to her car. | 好 你需要做的是 跟着她去取车 |
[11:35] | And then when she starts to back up, you let her run you over just a bit. | 当她开始倒车 让她轻轻撞到你 |
[11:38] | She’ll feel bad and give you whatever you want. | 她过意不去 就会答应你任何要求 |
[11:40] | What? Does that actually work? | 什么?这招真的管用吗? |
[11:42] | Yeah. How do you think I haven’t been expelled yet? | 你以为我怎么做到还没被开除的? |
[11:45] | -I get run over, like, once a week. -Huh. | 我差不多每周都要被撞一次 |
[11:47] | Okay, so do I need to put, like, fake blood on myself, or…? | 好吧 那我需要弄点 什么血浆之类的吗 还是? |
[11:50] | -Oh damn. -Uh… No, no, I’m not gonna do that. | -哎呀 -不 我不能这么做 |
[11:52] | And honestly, Ethan, you gotta stop messing with people’s cars. | 说真的 |
[11:58] | [exhales] | 伊森 你别再对别人的车子下手了 |
[11:59] | So, what are you gonna do? | 那你要怎么办? |
[12:01] | [inhales deeply] I don’t need a scheme. I’m just gonna show her who I really am. | 我不能耍花招 我要让她看看我真实的样子 |
[12:04] | A mature young woman filled with grace and dignity. | 一位充满了优雅和尊严的 成熟青年女性 |
[12:08] | Please, please, please let me have another chance. | 拜托 求求你再给我一次机会 |
[12:10] | Actually, we have a lunch break now, so I’m gonna head to the lunchroom. | 现在是午餐休息时间 所以我要去餐厅吃饭了 |
[12:14] | Oh, yeah, please, I just… I feel like I really misrepresented myself, | 拜托了 我真的没能好好表现自己 |
[12:17] | and I… I just thought I needed to say everything that I’m good at, | 我只是觉得必须把所有长处都说一遍 |
[12:20] | which I realize now is very unlikable. | 而我现在意识到 这很不讨喜 |
[12:24] | I’m glad you realize that. | 我很高兴你意识到了 |
[12:25] | [sighs] I just… | 我只是… |
[12:28] | I’ve really wanted to go to Princeton ever since I was a little girl, | 我从小就向往着普林斯顿 |
[12:31] | and I guess the pressure got to me. | 可能是压力太大导致的 |
[12:36] | All right, I’ll give you 15 minutes, | 我可以给你15分钟时间 |
[12:37] | but I want one of those California grain bowls you guys do here. | 但我想吃你们餐厅的加州谷物杂烩 |
[12:40] | Yeah, yeah, coming right up. | 没问题 |
[12:42] | [pleasant music playing] | 马上来 |
[12:45] | It’s kind of cool living with three generations of women in my house. | 跟三代女性住在一起挺酷的 |
[12:48] | Yeah, Indian families definitely do not believe in nursing homes. | 是啊 印度家庭完全排斥养老院 |
[12:51] | My grandmother shared a bunk bed with me all through high school. | 一直到我高中毕业 我奶奶都跟我睡上下铺 |
[12:54] | Damn. Pati is way too much of a diva for that. | 我去 我奶奶太娇贵 根本受不了这样 |
[12:57] | She demands a Cali king. | 她非要睡豪华加大床呢 |
[12:58] | -[laughs] -[Ethan] Hey, hey. | 嘿 |
[13:00] | Uh… Ethan? | 伊森? |
[13:02] | You must be the Princeton lady? | 你就是普林斯顿来的女士吧? |
[13:04] | Yes, I am. And you are? | 我是 你是哪位? |
[13:05] | [McEnroe] Oh no. What’s this beautiful bonehead about to do? | 噢不 这白痴帅哥想闹哪样? |
[13:09] | Is he gonna graffiti her face? | 难道是想在她脸上涂鸦? |
[13:11] | I’m Ethan, Devi’s boyfriend, | 我是伊森 德维的男朋友 |
[13:13] | and I just wanted to emphasize what a sick student she is. | 我只是想要强调她是个多牛逼的学生 |
[13:17] | She’s literally the smartest person I’ve ever met. Um… | 她绝对是我见过最聪明的人 |
[13:20] | This is the honor roll list. | 这是荣誉榜 |
[13:24] | I took it off the wall of the principal’s office. | 我从校长办公室墙上摘的 |
[13:26] | She’s at the top of it. | 她在第一位 |
[13:28] | And this is, like, a crazy huge school, | 而我们学校 可以说大得要死 |
[13:30] | so you should let her into your college or whatever. | 所以 你应该让她 进你们学院还是大学之类 |
[13:35] | Wow. Impressive, Devi. | 哇 厉害啊 德维 |
[13:37] | [McEnroe] Oh my God. | 我的天 |
[13:39] | Was Devi’s renegade romp partner | 德维这位没正形的男友 |
[13:41] | actually being helpful to her academically? | 这是在为她的学业助力吗? |
[13:44] | Take that Fab, El, and Ms. Dubs. | 法比、小埃、华纳女士 打脸了吧? |
[13:46] | Thank you, Ethan. That was really nice. | 谢谢你 伊森 你真好 |
[13:49] | Don’t worry about it. Just want to hype my girl up. | 别客气 我就想给自家姑娘打个气 |
[13:52] | See you later, okay? | 回头见 好吧? |
[13:54] | Okay. | 好 |
[13:57] | I had a boyfriend like him in high school. | 我高中也有过这样的男朋友 |
[14:00] | Make sure to enjoy it | 一定要好好享受 |
[14:01] | because there truly are none of those in Ivy League schools. | 因为在藤校 |
[14:05] | Hmm. | 一个这样的都找不到 |
[14:06] | [inhales] | 奶奶 |
[14:08] | [exhales] [exhales] Pati, how long have I been asleep? | 我睡了多久? |
[14:15] | [Len] About three hours. | 三小时左右 |
[14:17] | Len? Where’s my grandmother? | 伦恩?我奶奶呢? |
[14:19] | Yeah, well, I’m sorry to startle you, but she went out to run some errands, | 噢 对 抱歉吓到你了 她出去买东西去了 |
[14:23] | so she asked me to keep an eye on you, and here I am. | 她叫我来看着你 |
[14:27] | -[scoffs] -[phone vibrating] | 我就来啦 |
[14:29] | Oh, look, it’s Nirmy. | 你看 小尼玛打来的 |
[14:30] | Oh, give me that. | 手机给我 |
[14:33] | Excuse me. | 麻烦回避 |
[14:35] | -Yeah. -[Kamala sighs] | 好 |
[14:37] | Pati, where are you? | 奶奶 你在哪里? |
[14:38] | I’m picking up groceries so I can make medu vadai, your favorite. | 我在买菜啊 好给你做你最喜欢的炸豆圈 |
[14:41] | However, I did get a little distracted | 不过 店里在放宝莱坞电影 |
[14:44] | by the Bollywood movie playing in the store. | 看得我有点分心 |
[14:46] | Well, can you please come home now? | 那你现在回家来呗? |
[14:48] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:49] | As soon as the father approves of his daughter marrying the lowly tutor. | 看完那个爸爸 同意女儿嫁给低种姓家教 我就回去 |
[14:52] | Oh, so you’re just going to leave me here with Len? I don’t even know him. | 那你就留我一个人跟伦恩待着? 我都不认识他 |
[14:55] | Give him a chance. | 给他个机会嘛 |
[14:57] | Len is a great caretaker. | 伦恩很会照顾人的 |
[14:59] | Oh, but let me go. | 噢 先挂了吧 |
[15:00] | Ranveer is doing a shirtless dance. I’ll be home soon. | 兰维尔光膀子跳舞了 我看完就回去 |
[15:03] | [Kamala] What? | 什么? |
[15:04] | Pati, that’s going to take ten hours. | 奶奶 |
[15:06] | Okay. | 那得十小时啊 行吧 |
[15:08] | Look, I know it’s a little weird that I’m here, | 听我说 我知道我在这里有点奇怪 |
[15:13] | but I gotta say, | 但我必须说 |
[15:14] | I am the king of staying home during the day, weekdays, | 我可是工作日宅家之王 |
[15:18] | and we also have the holy grail of playing hooky, | 我们还手握翘班在家必杀技 |
[15:23] | and that is The Price Is Right. | 那就是看《价格竞猜》 |
[15:26] | -[game show playing on TV] -I can’t see anything. | 我什么都看不见 |
[15:27] | You don’t have to see the bid on household items. | 你用不着看家居用品的出价 |
[15:30] | You… You know your household items. | 你很了解家居用品 |
[15:32] | You know what I’m good at? Discount toiletries. | 知道我最擅长什么吗? 打折的洗漱用品 |
[15:35] | All right, Len, I see that you do have some skills. | 好吧 伦恩 |
[15:38] | -[Len] Mm-hmm. -Please hand me the saltiest snack. | 看来你确实有两把刷子 请把最咸的零食拿给我 |
[15:41] | That would be the popcorn. | 那就是爆米花了 |
[15:44] | -You want me to hold it for you? -Yes, please. | -想让我端着吗? -是的 谢谢 |
[15:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:47] | [Ben exhaling] | |
[15:51] | Hey. How did it go? | 嘿 怎么样? |
[15:52] | Did Columbia offer you admission right there on the spot? | 哥伦比亚大学是不是当场录取你了? |
[15:55] | I haven’t talked to them yet. | 我还没跟他们说上话 |
[15:56] | Uh, the line was too long. I’m just gonna wait till after lunch. | 队太长了 我得等到午餐后 |
[15:59] | Are you okay? Why are you sweating so much? | 你还好吗?怎么出这么多汗? |
[16:02] | I don’t know. I’ve been practicing my speech for weeks, | 不知道 我的演讲已经练了好几周 |
[16:04] | and I was waiting in line, | 但我排队的时候 |
[16:06] | and it just started to feel a little hard to breathe. | 突然有点呼吸困难 |
[16:08] | I think you’re just panicking a little bit. | 我觉得你只是有点慌 |
[16:10] | Oh God. | 天呐 |
[16:11] | Here, why don’t you do your speech for me? Maybe that’ll help you loosen up. | 对着我讲一遍吧 也许能帮你放松点 |
[16:14] | Yeah, okay. But, uh, promise you won’t be judgy. | 好吧 但你要保证 不评头论足 |
[16:17] | -I’m not gonna be judgy. Just go for it. -All right. [clears throat] | 我不会评头论足 来吧 好的 |
[16:21] | Power, leadership, innovation, domination. | 力量、领导、创新与主导 |
[16:25] | You’re getting the full package when you admit me. | 录取了我 你们就能得到这一整套 |
[16:27] | And that’s why Columbia should be all about the Benjamin. | 这就是为什么哥伦比亚大学 应该把重点都放在本杰明身上 |
[16:32] | Okay, that was… good. | 好的 讲得真…好 |
[16:36] | I knew it. You’re judging. | 我就知道 你要挑刺了 |
[16:37] | Yes, I am, | 对 确实是 |
[16:39] | but only because that felt like… a Bowflex commercial. | 但真的只是因为 你讲得好像搏飞运动店的广告词 |
[16:42] | What? | 什么? |
[16:43] | Why don’t you try a version that sounds more like you, or is more conversational? | 试试更本色的版本 更有日常对话风格的 |
[16:46] | Criticism is not what I need right now. | 我需要的不是批评 |
[16:48] | [Margot] Don’t… | 别… |
[16:50] | go… | 往… |
[16:51] | Oh shit. | 该死 |
[16:52] | [Margot] Um… | |
[16:54] | Here, here, let me try and wipe it off. | 来 我试试擦干净 |
[16:56] | -Uh… Ooh, that’s… -Oh… Oh… | 噢 这… |
[16:59] | -Margot, just stop. -[Margot] Uh… | 玛歌 别弄了 |
[17:01] | Goddamn it. Oh. | 该死的 |
[17:07] | Shit, shit, shit. Okay, come on. | 靠 好了 拜托 |
[17:11] | What the hell happened to you? | 你这是搞什么? |
[17:13] | Don’t worry about it. | 不用担心 |
[17:14] | Well, I hope you got to talk to the Columbia rep | 但愿你在刺杀小黄人之前 |
[17:16] | before you stabbed a minion. | 已经跟哥伦比亚招生代表聊过了 |
[17:18] | -I haven’t talked to the Columbia rep yet. -What? | -我还没跟哥大代表聊上呢 -什么? |
[17:21] | -But you can’t talk to him like that. -I know that, Devi. | -可你不能这个样子跟人家谈 -我知道 |
[17:26] | Ah, damn it. I don’t have one backup cable knit in here? | 德维 真该死 我就没放一件备用毛衣在里头吗? |
[17:29] | -I actually do think I’ve got a… -Devi, just walk away. | -其实 我好像是有一件… -德维 你走吧 |
[17:32] | How many times do I tell you Margot doesn’t want… | 我要跟你说多少次 玛歌不想… |
[17:34] | Want us to talk? Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 不想让你跟我说话?知道 |
[17:35] | I already know that was your decision. I overheard you guys. | 我知道那是你提出来的 我都听到了 |
[17:39] | Listen… I’m just trying to say I have an extra shirt. | 听着 我只想告诉你 我有件备用衬衫 |
[17:44] | Yeah, hard pass. | 是哦 |
[17:45] | [clicks tongue] | 绝对不要 |
[17:46] | Just come with me. | 你就跟我来吧 |
[17:48] | [pleasant song playing] | |
[17:51] | All right, you seem like a women’s medium. | 好了 你应该能穿女士中码 |
[17:55] | Take off your shirt. | 把衬衫脱了 |
[17:56] | What? Oh, okay. | 什么?噢 好 |
[18:03] | Put this on. | 穿这件 |
[18:10] | Never thought I’d be grateful you’re built like a shot-putter. | 万万没想到 我会因为 你壮得像铅球运动员而感恩 |
[18:13] | Um, please, I’m a snatched-waist slim-thicc queen, | 拜托 我可是蜂腰翘臀女王 好吗 |
[18:17] | And so are you, apparently. | 显然 你也是 |
[18:24] | Okay. Well, this actually looks pretty good. | 好了 |
[18:27] | Mmm. | 哎 看起来还挺不错 |
[18:29] | But listen… | 但听着… |
[18:30] | [sighs] Yeah, yeah, we’re still not friends. I get it. | 对 |
[18:32] | Now, go talk to Columbia. | 我们仍然不是朋友 |
[18:36] | [door opens] | 知道啦 快去找哥大代表吧 |
[18:39] | [sighs] Okay, I talked to Harvard and Yale. | 好的 我跟哈佛和耶鲁都聊过了 |
[18:41] | I just need to grab a brochure from Princeton | 现在只需要去普林斯顿领份宣传册 |
[18:43] | so my mom will get off my flipping case. | 好让我妈别他妈的再烦我 |
[18:46] | Sorry to use the F-word. | 抱歉 我骂人了 |
[18:47] | Devi’s done, so you’re good to grab. | 德维聊完了 你去领一份没问题 |
[18:50] | Cool. Are you talking to any colleges? | 太好了 你跟哪些学校面谈了吗? |
[18:52] | [scoffs] No, I’m only applying to acting conservatories. | 没有 我只申请表演艺术学院 |
[18:56] | I’m not a liberal arts person. I’m a one-art person. | 我不是文科生 而是艺专生 |
[18:59] | I’m only here to study regional accents. | 我来这里只为了学习方言 |
[19:01] | [gasps] Ooh, University of Iowa. BRB! | 噢 爱荷华大学 马上回来! |
[19:06] | Hi. What’s your name? | 你好 你是? |
[19:07] | Oh, it doesn’t matter. I’m just grabbing a brochure. | 我是谁不重要 我就来拿个宣传册 |
[19:10] | -Here you go. -Thanks. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[19:12] | Wait, are you on the robotics team, | 等等 你是机器人小队成员 |
[19:14] | or is that, like, an ironic shirt, and I am just proving how old I am? | 还是说这是反讽T恤 而我正在暴露年龄? |
[19:17] | Oh, uh, yeah, I’m actually the captain. | 没错 我是队长 |
[19:20] | Really? Is that something you wanna study in college? | 真的吗?你上大学也想学这个? |
[19:22] | Robotics? | 机器人技术? |
[19:24] | Yes, it’s my passion. | 对呀 这是我热情所在 |
[19:26] | One of my best friends is actually a robot. | 我最好的朋友之一其实是个机器人 |
[19:28] | Probably shouldn’t have said that out loud. | 我大概不该说这么大声 |
[19:30] | Well, Princeton has a phenomenal robotics team. | 普林斯顿有超一流的机器人技术团队 |
[19:34] | They’re building Micromouse maze-solvers autonomous drones, | 他们在构建 电脑鼠迷宫解算程序、自动无人机 |
[19:37] | and, sorry to geek out, but this year they’re building | 还有 容我犯一下书呆子气 |
[19:39] | a fully functioning BB-8 droid, like from… | 今年他们在造 一台全功能BB-8机器人 就是… |
[19:42] | -The Force Awakens? -Hmm. | 《原力觉醒》那种? |
[19:44] | Yeah, I’d say we have the best program in the Ivy League. | 我敢说 我们有藤校最强机器人技术专业 |
[19:46] | Here’s my email if you have any questions. | 这是我的邮件 有问题找我 |
[19:49] | Oh wow, thank you. | 哇 谢谢你 |
[19:51] | Mm-hmm. No problem. I didn’t get your name. | 小事 我还不知道你的名字 |
[19:53] | Uh, it’s Fabiola Torres. | 我叫法比奥拉·托雷斯 |
[20:04] | -Hello. Can I help you? -What? | -你好 有什么能帮你的? -什么? |
[20:06] | N-No, this isn’t my shirt. | 不 这不是我的衣服 |
[20:08] | -Excuse me? -Uh, sorry. No, nothing. | -什么? -抱歉 不 没什么 |
[20:10] | I just… I had to borrow a girl’s shirt. | 我只是…我不得不借了件女生衬衫 |
[20:13] | I don’t know why I’m telling you that. | 我都不知道为什么要跟你说这事儿 |
[20:15] | -Um, hi, I’m Ben. -Hi, Ben. | -你好 我是本 -你好 本 |
[20:17] | Did you sweat through the first shirt? Happens all the time at these things. | 你汗湿了第一件衬衫? 在类似场合 这种状况时有出现 |
[20:20] | No, um, I actually got a bunch of paint on myself when I was… | 不是 其实是蹭到颜料了 就在我… |
[20:24] | practicing what I was gonna say to you. | 练习对你说的内容的时候 |
[20:26] | Ah. Well, then I think that paint did you a favor. | 噢 那我觉得颜料助你一臂之力了 |
[20:30] | I hate when kids come to me with rehearsed spiel. | 我不喜欢学生对着我背稿子 |
[20:32] | I’d much rather talk to someone who’s just being themself. | 我更喜欢跟做自己的人聊天 |
[20:35] | Really? ‘Cause normally, I don’t trust my natural personality. | 真的吗?通常来说 |
[20:38] | [laughs] | 连我自己都不相信我的天性 |
[20:40] | You seem okay to me, bud. So why don’t you tell me about yourself? | 我瞧着你挺好的 何不向我介绍一下你自己? |
[20:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:45] | Um, well, I’m really involved at Sherman Oaks. | 我在舍曼奥克斯高中很活跃 |
[20:47] | I’ve been wanting to go to Columbia my whole life. | 我从小就向往哥伦比亚大学 |
[20:51] | [breathing heavily] | |
[20:52] | You were so freaking amazing. You made me look so good. | 你太他妈棒了 太给我长脸了 |
[20:55] | -You always look so good. -[laughs] | 你总是那么漂亮 |
[20:57] | I feel like I could really get in, you know? | 我真感觉能被录取 |
[20:59] | [Ethan] Mmm… | |
[21:00] | I mean, I’m basically best friends with… | 我都能算是她闺蜜了 |
[21:03] | [bag thuds] [suspicious music plays] | 就是那位… |
[21:06] | Akshara? | 阿克莎拉? |
[21:11] | Ethan, why do you have Akshara’s wallet? | 伊森 你怎么会有阿克莎拉的钱包? |
[21:14] | Because I stole it. | 因为我偷来了 |
[21:16] | You robbed the Princeton rep? Are you insane? | 你居然偷普林斯顿招生代表的东西? 你疯了吗? |
[21:18] | She was a bitch. And she deserved it for icing you out. | 她是个贱人 她冷落你 就活该被偷 |
[21:21] | Plus, there’s some cash in there. | 而且 里头有现金 |
[21:22] | We could do a lot of damage at Romano’s Macaroni Grill. | 我们可以去罗曼诺意式餐厅大吃一顿 |
[21:25] | How could you go into someone’s purse and steal their wallet? | 你怎么能乱翻人家的手提袋 偷人家的钱包? |
[21:28] | Well, it was actually pretty easy because it wasn’t really a purse. | 很简单啊 又不是正经手提袋 |
[21:30] | It was more of a tote without a zipper or anything. | 就是个托特包 连拉链都没有 |
[21:32] | [sighs] Oh my God, you are a dirtbag. | 我的天 你确实是个混蛋 |
[21:36] | What? | 什么? |
[21:38] | You’re not a bad boy, you’re just a bad person. | 你不是坏小子 你就是个混蛋啊 |
[21:42] | That’s a little harsh. | 这话有点过分了 |
[21:44] | Ethan, thank you so much for this incredible sexual awakening, | 伊森 非常感谢你 带我经历这场非凡的性觉醒之旅 |
[21:47] | but I think I’m now having a moral awakening. | 但我现在迎来了道德觉醒 |
[21:51] | I need to be with someone who knows right from wrong, | 我应该跟明辨是非的人交往 |
[21:54] | and that doesn’t seem to be you. | 而你似乎不是这种人 |
[21:57] | So you’re dumping me? | 你是要甩了我? |
[21:58] | [sighs] | 噢 |
[21:59] | [smacking lips] Oh, sweet Ethan. | 可爱的伊森 |
[22:04] | Goodbye. | 再见了 |
[22:12] | [McEnroe] Devi, do not knock on that door. | 德维 不要敲门 |
[22:15] | Just leave the wallet in that potted fern and run. | 把钱包扔到盆栽里就跑 |
[22:18] | She’s gonna think you’re a psycho. | 她会觉得你是个神经病 |
[22:21] | Mmm. | |
[22:25] | [exhales] | |
[22:28] | Devi? | 德维? |
[22:30] | Why are you at my hotel? | 你为什么来我酒店? |
[22:32] | Hi. Um… | 嗨 |
[22:34] | I have your wallet. | 你钱包在我这里 |
[22:35] | Oh. | |
[22:36] | I’ve been looking everywhere for this. Thank you so much. Where did you find it? | 我到处都找遍了 谢谢你 你是在哪里找到的? |
[22:40] | Funny story. [chuckles] | 说起来好笑 |
[22:41] | Remember that handsome kid that was formerly my boyfriend? | 记得那个曾经是我男友的帅哥吗? |
[22:44] | [inhales deeply] Well, he stole it. | 嗯 |
[22:47] | Oh. | 是他偷的 |
[22:49] | -Wow. -Yeah. Turns out he’s kind of the worst. | -哇 |
[22:53] | [scoffs] | -是的 原来他真的超差劲 |
[22:54] | Anyway, I’m really sorry about almost all of our interactions. | 总之 对于我们之间发生的一切 我由衷感到抱歉 |
[22:59] | I would understand if this is a deal-breaker. | 如果你因此拒绝我 我也能理解 |
[23:02] | -Can I ask you a question? -Mm-hmm. | 我能问你个问题吗? |
[23:05] | Why admit this to me? | 为什么要向我承认这件事? |
[23:06] | You could’ve just tossed it in that potted fern over there and run. | 你完全可以扔到蕨类盆栽里就走的 |
[23:09] | Yeah, I know, | 是 我知道 |
[23:11] | but it felt like the right thing to do. | 但感觉这样做才是对的 |
[23:13] | Mmm. Well, I appreciate your honesty. | 我感谢你的诚实 |
[23:16] | It was brave bringing this back to me not knowing if I was gonna press charges. | 你都不知道我会不会起诉 就来把钱包还给我 挺勇敢的 |
[23:20] | Oh my God, was that on the table? | 我的天 还有起诉这回事呢? |
[23:22] | I was joking. | 我开玩笑的 |
[23:23] | [chuckles nervously] | |
[23:24] | You’re a good kid, Devi. I think you have a bright future ahead of you. | 你是个好孩子 德维 你的前程一片光明 |
[23:28] | As long as you stop dating thieves. | 只要你不再跟小偷谈恋爱 |
[23:31] | Yep, I can do that. | 好 |
[23:33] | [uplifting music playing] Huh. | 这我做得到 |
[23:38] | [Shrimp] Yeah, I got it. Money. | 我知道了 是钱 |
[23:39] | Money. Oh my God. | 钱 |
[23:42] | [laughs] | 我的天 |
[23:43] | Yo, what’s up, Mad Pax? Why you look all Fury Road? | 唷 怎么样啊 疯子帕克斯? 干嘛一脸狂暴? |
[23:47] | Trent, can I ask you a question? | 特伦特 我问你个问题呗? |
[23:50] | Am I a loser now? | 我现在是个废柴了吗? |
[23:52] | What? | 什么? |
[23:53] | Don’t you dare talk about my best baby boy like that. | 不许你这么说我最好的小宝贝 |
[23:56] | Those little punks used to worship me. | 那些小混球以前还很崇拜我 |
[23:58] | Now they’re talking shit straight to my face. | 现在却拿屁话糊我一脸 |
[24:00] | I don’t know if you remember this, but you’re Paxton Hall-Yo-goddamn-shida. | 我不知道你还记不记得 但你可是帕克斯顿·霍尔-牛逼吉田 |
[24:05] | You are the king of this jungle, baby. | 你是这片丛林的王啊 宝贝 |
[24:08] | You’re a legend, you’re a handsome son of a bitch, | 你是传奇 你是大帅哥 |
[24:11] | and you’re that guy. | 你就是那个天选之子 |
[24:13] | -Yeah. -[Trent] Yeah. | -是啊 -没错 |
[24:14] | Sometimes, I’m brushing my teeth at night. I can’t even believe we’re best friends. | 有时候 我晚上一边刷牙 一边不敢相信我俩居然是铁哥们儿 |
[24:18] | And if you want their respect, you have to go in there | 你想让他们尊敬 那就到他们面前 |
[24:21] | and make them remember who the alpha is. | 让他们记起来谁才是头儿 |
[24:23] | -That’s what I’m talking about. -That’s what I’m talking about. | -这就对了 -这就对了 |
[24:26] | I gotta go to class. | 我还有课 |
[24:27] | -[Shrimp] You’re close. -Yo, Shrimp. | -就差一点儿 -喂 阿虾 |
[24:30] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[24:31] | That little ASU joke back there was pretty funny, huh? | 你刚刚讲的亚利桑那州立大学笑话 很好笑哦? |
[24:34] | Yeah, remember? Everyone who heard it laughed. [laughs] | 是哇 还记得吗?听到的人都笑死了 |
[24:37] | -Yeah, man, yeah. -[both laugh] | 是哦 伙计 确实 |
[24:41] | If you ever speak to me like that again, | 你再敢对我这么讲话 |
[24:43] | I’ll give you Saturday detention for the rest of the year. | 这学年每个周六我都会留你的堂 |
[24:46] | [scoffs] Wait, what? | 等等 啥? |
[24:47] | And I’ll make your lunch period 9 a.m. | 然后把你的午餐时间定在上午九点 |
[24:49] | But I’ll still be full from breakfast. | 可我那时候早餐还饱着呢 |
[24:51] | See, bro, I think you forget who you’re talking to. | 你瞧 兄弟 我想你是忘了你在跟谁说话 |
[24:54] | And now I have the power and the parking spot of a faculty member. | 现在 我有权了 还有教职工停车位 |
[25:01] | See, I can make your life miserable if I want to. | 你看哈 我想的话 你会过得很悲惨 |
[25:06] | So show some respect. | 所以 放尊重点 |
[25:08] | Look, I’m… I’m really sorry, Paxton, all right? | 帕克斯顿 我真的很抱歉 好吗? |
[25:10] | Please don’t be mad at me. I… | 拜托不要生我的气 |
[25:11] | You… You look really handsome. | 你可太帅了 |
[25:14] | Red is totally your color, man. [upbeat music playing] | 红色太适合你了 |
[25:19] | [gasps] [indistinct chatter] | 老兄 |
[25:26] | Len? | 伦恩? |
[25:27] | [indistinct chatter continues] | |
[25:32] | Pati, is that you? | 奶奶 是你吗? |
[25:33] | [Len] Look, I can’t talk about this right now. There’s somebody here. | 我现在不方便聊 屋里有人 |
[25:36] | -Hello? -[woman] Whatever, sweetie, I’ll call you. | -谁啊? |
[25:42] | [door closes] | -随便啦 亲爱的 |
[25:43] | Oh. Look who’s up from the couch. | 我再打给你 瞧瞧是谁睡醒啦 |
[25:46] | -Was there someone else here? -Nope, just good old Len. | -刚刚谁在说话? -没有 只有老伙计伦恩 |
[25:49] | Your grandma should be home in about ten minutes. | 你奶奶大概10分钟后回来 |
[25:52] | Oh! Come on. | 来吧 |
[25:54] | Let’s get you back to the couch before you ruin your brand-new corneas. | 咱们回沙发上去 别弄坏了你崭新的角膜 |
[25:58] | But I heard somebody. | 可我听到有人说话 |
[26:00] | Oh, the neighbors love to talk and loud. | 噢 邻居可喜欢大声说话了 |
[26:04] | [McEnroe] In Devi’s attempt to have it all, | 在德维试图鱼与熊掌兼得的过程中 |
[26:06] | she nearly lost the thing she cared about most. | 她差点失去了最在乎的东西 |
[26:10] | Yes, she did care about having a fulfilling sex life, | 没错 她确实在乎圆满的性生活 |
[26:13] | but not at the cost of her future. | 但并不能以前程作为代价 |
[26:15] | And speaking of future, | 说到前程 |
[26:17] | it was beginning right now for her and all the other kids | 现在她和其他孩子们正开始 |
[26:20] | submitting early-decision applications. | 提交大学早申 |
[26:22] | After all, for dorks like these kids… | 毕竟 对于这群小书呆子来说 |
[26:25] | Swoosh, baby. | 秒啊 宝贝 |
[26:26] | …college is where your life really starts. | 大学才是人生真正开始的地方 |
[26:28] | I am so proud of you, honey. | 我太为你骄傲了 亲爱的 |
[26:30] | You’re gonna be glad you did this. | 你会庆幸自己这么做的 |
[26:32] | I really hope so. | 我真心希望如此 (普林斯顿大学 提交) |
[26:35] | [McEnroe] Unless, of course, | 当然 |
[26:37] | there’s a Judas-sized obstacle in your path. | 除非半路杀出个程咬金 |
[26:39] | [sighs] | |
[26:41] | [“Bad Girls” by Kid Francescoli & Julia Minkin playing] | |
[26:43] | ♪ You backwards motherlover ♪ | |
[26:45] | ♪ Enough rap about Good girls and bad girls ♪ | |
[26:51] | ♪ That’s enough about Good girls and bad girls ♪ | |
[26:54] | ♪ You backwards motherlover ♪ | |
[26:56] | ♪ Enough rap about Good girls and bad ♪ | |
[27:01] | ♪ That’s enough about Good girls and bad girls ♪ | |
[27:05] | ♪ You backwards motherlover ♪ | |
[27:07] | ♪ Enough rap about Good girls and bad girls ♪ | |
[27:12] | ♪ That’s enough about Good girls and bad girls ♪ | |
[27:16] | ♪ You backwards motherlover ♪ | |
[27:18] | ♪ Enough rap about Good girls and bad ♪ | |
[27:24] | ♪ Bad girls ♪ | |
[27:30] | [song ends] |