英文名称:Nowhere Special
年代:2020
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:40] | 片名:默默無聞 | |
[03:56] | Hiya, Michael. | 你好 麥可 |
[03:59] | You OK? | 還好嗎? |
[04:05] | Hello, Daddy. Hello. | 哈羅 爸比 |
[04:06] | You been a good boy? Huh? | 哈羅 你有乖乖嗎? |
[04:14] | Hiya, Deirdre. | 你好 黛麗 |
[04:16] | He’s been very quiet.As good as gold really, | 他很安靜 非常乖 |
[04:19] | but didn’t want to finish his tea. | 可是不想把東西吃完 |
[04:22] | Why didn’t you eat what Deirdre gave you, huh? | 怎麼不吃黛麗給你的東西呢? |
[04:24] | I was waiting for you. | 我在等你 |
[04:28] | Here. Sit down here. | 來 坐下 |
[04:34] | Mmm?Sure. I’ll get that. | 我弄就好 |
[04:38] | I hope I put everything where you like it. | 希望我把東西都擺對地方 |
[04:40] | Anyway, you can let me know next time. | 你可以下次再告訴我 |
[04:43] | Social Services said they want me to come again next week. | 社會局要我下周再來 |
[04:46] | Cheers. | 謝了 |
[04:48] | Er… I’m sure it’s grand. | 應該沒問題 |
[04:51] | Well, that’s me.Bye, Michael. | 那就這樣 拜 麥可 |
[04:55] | And don’t tire your dad. | 別把你爸累壞羅 |
[04:57] | Michael? | 麥可? |
[04:58] | Bye. | 拜 |
[05:00] | Thank you, Deirdre. | 謝謝你 黛麗 |
[05:02] | No problem. | 不客氣 |
[05:09] | Can we play now? | 現在可以玩了嗎? |
[05:12] | Aye.Shall we have some grapes first? Yeah? | 好 先吃葡萄好不好? |
[05:19] | OK. | 好 |
[05:41] | Five. | 五只 |
[05:45] | Someone at school is not washing their hair. | 學校有人沒洗頭 |
[05:50] | Five. | 五只 |
[05:54] | “‘Come down, come down,’ his father cried. | “下來 下來”他父親哭喊 |
[05:57] | “‘You’ll be much safer by my side.'” | “你在我身邊會比較安全” |
[06:01] | Page. | 翻頁 |
[06:06] | “But then the crowd below cheered loud to | 後來下麵的人大聲歡呼 |
[06:09] | see a turtle touch a cloud. | 看見烏龜差點摸到雲 |
[06:13] | “They’d never seen a boy so brave. | 他們沒見過這麼勇敢的男孩 |
[06:17] | “He gave his dad a little wave.” | 他讓他爸爸開心不已 |
[06:20] | Page. | 翻頁 |
[06:25] | “And when he reached the other side”his father’s heart was full of pride. | 當他抵達另一邊 父親充滿驕傲 |
[06:32] | “‘Come look,’ he called to everyone. | 他叫大家過來看 |
[06:36] | “‘That tightrope turtle… that’s my son.'” | 他說“那只走繩索的烏龜是我兒子” |
[06:40] | Again. | 再說一個故事 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:800个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:90个,六级词汇:33个,GRE词汇:29个,托福词汇:54个,考研词汇:96个,专四词汇:82个,专八词汇:11个, 所有生词标注共:151个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:42] | Come on, Michael, it’s late. It’s bedtime. | 麥可 不早了 睡覺吧 |
[06:55] | Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. | 現在我要睡了 求主保佑我的靈魂 |
[07:03] | May God guard me through the night | 願主引導我平安度過今夜 |
[07:06] | and wake me with the morning light. | 再以晨光喚醒我 阿們 |
[07:10] | Amen. Amen. | 阿們 |
[07:38] | Good night, Michael. | 晚安 麥可 |
[08:33] | Listen, Sam’s mummy will pick you up from school. | 山姆的媽咪會接你放學 |
[08:37] | You can take his puppy for a walk. | 你可以帶他的小狗去散步 |
[08:40] | I want a puppy. | 我要一只狗狗 |
[08:46] | Please don’t play with the food. | 拜託不要玩食物 |
[08:49] | I’ll get you some Coco Pops tomorrow. | 明天我幫你買巧克力玉米球 |
[08:52] | And just try and finish the orange juice. | 儘量喝光柳橙汁 |
[10:19] | Hello, Owen. | 你好 歐文 |
[10:21] | Good morning, Miss Rose. | 早 蘿絲老師 |
[10:23] | Have fun, Michael, and pay attention to Miss Rose. | 上學愉快 注意聽蘿絲老師的話 |
[10:29] | Bye, Mummy. Bye now, boys. See you later. | 拜 羅 回頭見 |
[10:33] | Bye. Bye, chicken. | 拜 媽咪 |
[10:34] | See you later. | 拜 再見 |
[10:36] | Where’s my mummy? | 我的媽咪呢? |
[10:42] | I’ve told you, Michael, she had to go away. | 我說過了 麥可 她不得不走 |
[10:45] | Far, far away? | 去很遠很遠的地方嗎? |
[10:47] | Yes. | 對 |
[10:50] | Far, far away. | 很遠很遠的地方 |
[10:55] | Kiss. | 親親 |
[11:01] | Hi, Michael. | 嗨 麥可 |
[11:05] | See you in there. | 裏頭見 |
[11:14] | I drew a unicorn for my grandmother. | 我幫奶奶畫了一只獨角獸 |
[11:17] | I’m sure she’ll love that. Have you put the books in your bag? | 她一定會喜歡 書有記得放包包嗎? |
[11:20] | Yes, Mummy. | 有 媽咪 |
[11:26] | Yeah, the commute can be difficult sometimes, | 通勤有時比較累 |
[11:31] | but it’s worth it though when you come back to this every night. | 但每晚回到家就值得了 |
[11:32] | Peace and quiet, surrounded by greenery. | 安詳寧靜 充滿綠意 |
[11:36] | Does he like nature? | 他喜歡大自然嗎? |
[11:39] | We’re very outdoorsy people. | 我們熱愛戶外活動 |
[11:42] | We like to go for long walks, as you can see. | 你應該看得出來 我們喜歡走路 |
[11:46] | We were thinking about maybe getting a dog? | 我們在考慮…養條狗 |
[11:52] | I know Michael would love a puppy, to be responsible for. | 我知道麥可會喜歡小狗 會為它擔起責任 |
[11:56] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[11:57] | We sort of hope the boy would enjoy the same childhood as ourselves, | 希望他跟我們過一樣的童年 |
[12:01] | not just inside on the computer all day. | 不是整天在家裏玩電腦 |
[12:03] | And here he’s free to run around, not be mollycoddled, | 他能盡情奔跑 不受溺愛 |
[12:07] | free to climb trees and fall out of trees. | 可以自由爬樹 從樹上掉下來 |
[12:10] | I mean, we will look after him obviously, but you know what I mean. | 我們當然會照顧他 你懂我意思 |
[12:14] | No, I’m… I’m sure he’ll love to climb trees. | 我相信他會喜歡爬樹 |
[12:18] | He’s a… he’s a quiet wee boy, | 他是個安靜的小男生 |
[12:20] | but he listens and he’s always well behaved. | 但會聽話 一向很乖 |
[12:22] | He’s very popular at school. | 在學校人緣很好 |
[12:25] | I’m always being told what a great kid he is. | 大家都說他是個好孩子 |
[12:28] | He’s loving… caring. | 他很有愛心 會關心別人 |
[12:33] | He… he’s a happy wee boy. | 他是個快樂的小男生 |
[12:38] | I, er… I want… | 我想要… |
[12:44] | He deserves a normal family, two parents, | 他值得有個正常家庭 一對父母 |
[12:48] | a loving family home | 一個甜蜜的家 |
[12:50] | and all the opportunities I never had as a child. | 還有我小時候沒有的各種機會 |
[12:53] | Oh! | 你看那個 |
[12:56] | You bang your head? Are you all right? | 撞到頭了 還好嗎? |
[12:58] | I’m all right. | 我還好 |
[12:59] | You sure? | 真的嗎? |
[13:00] | I want him to be able to do all the things I never could. | 我要他做我無法做的事 |
[13:04] | Never even thought of. | 甚至沒想過的事 |
[13:06] | We understand that. | 我們瞭解 |
[13:08] | We’ve painted one of the rooms blue, | 我們把一個房間漆成藍色 |
[13:11] | but if he didn’t like it, we could always change it. | 他不喜歡的話可以改 |
[13:13] | And, of course, we can afford the best education for our son. | 我們能給我們兒子最好的教育 |
[13:18] | I mean, your son. | 我是說你兒子 |
[13:21] | As you know, Celia’s a nursery teacher. | 西麗亞是托兒所老師 |
[13:23] | We could get him into her school. | 我們能讓他進她學校 |
[13:25] | And perhaps later on, he could attend my own boarding school. | 也許他以後能進我的寄宿學校 |
[13:29] | They’re very keen on having children of alumni. | 他們很願意收校友的小孩 |
[13:33] | Well, yeah, but, er… he’s doing well where he is. | 是 但他現在的學校很好 |
[13:39] | And, er… you know, it’s not far. He’s got friends, so… | 那裏離這不遠 他也有朋友 |
[13:42] | Oh, of course. We… we’d follow your guidance. | 當然 我們會照你的意思 |
[13:46] | And what does he know of your situation? | 他知道你的情況嗎? |
[13:50] | Nothing. The less he knows the better. | 不知道 他知道越少越好 |
[13:54] | And the birth mother? | 那生母呢? |
[13:56] | There is no birth mother. | 沒有生母 |
[13:59] | Can you see? Can you see the bugs? | 看到沒?看到小蟲了嗎? |
[14:01] | Can you see the bugs in there? | 看到裏面的小蟲了嗎? |
[14:05] | What about in the future, | 那未來呢? |
[14:07] | what would you like your son to know about you?To remember? | 你希望你兒子知道你什麼?記得什麼? |
[14:13] | What would you like your… the new family to…? | 你希望新的家庭… |
[14:22] | I’m a window cleaner. | 我是洗窗工人 |
[14:25] | 1 2 3 One, two, three, | |
[14:27] | 6 7 12 15 14 six, seven, twelve, fifteen, fourteen. | |
[14:51] | Just think, Michael, | 想想看 |
[14:53] | all those lorries,taking so many things to so many places. | 那些貨車載貨到好多地方 |
[14:59] | And all those cars with people going to work, | 那些車載人去上班 |
[15:03] | or to see their friends, far away. | 去很遠的地方看朋友 |
[15:09] | One day, Michael, would you like to live somewhere else, | 麥可 以後你想住在別的地方 |
[15:14] | in a different town, a different home? | 像是不同的城市 不同的家嗎? |
[15:18] | I like home. | 我喜歡我們的家 |
[16:41] | I don’t want him to think about it… | 我不想要他去想… |
[16:45] | …to understand death. | 去理解死亡 |
[16:48] | Not now, not yet. | 不是現在 還不到時候 |
[16:52] | He’s… he’s just too young. | 他年紀太小了 |
[16:56] | He’ll think it’ll happen again, | 他會以為這一切還會再發生 |
[16:58] | to his new family, all those around him. | 新的家人和身邊的人會死 |
[17:04] | He’ll be left thinking that he will die, too. I mean, you know… | 他會孤身一人並覺得自己也會死 |
[17:09] | What kind of childhood is that? | 那樣的童年太黑暗了 |
[17:11] | John, a memory box is different. | 約翰 記憶箱不是那樣的 |
[17:14] | He won’t need one now, but he will need it | 他現在不需要 以後才需要 |
[17:17] | and his new parents will too. | 他的新父母也需要 |
[17:21] | You know, John, | 你知道嗎 約翰 |
[17:23] | there might come a time when he thinks about you every day | 他可能有段時間會每天想你 |
[17:27] | and he’ll need something to start with, physical, real, | 他需要從實體的東西開始 |
[17:32] | to connect with and build on. | 去連結 去建立記憶 |
[17:35] | Build on? | 建立? |
[17:38] | Is that from a manual? Have you just passed the exam? | 是手冊上寫的嗎?你剛通過考試嗎? |
[17:41] | John, please. Shona’s right. | 約翰 別這樣 香娜說得對 |
[17:44] | Maybe not now, but later. | 就算不是現在 以後也會 |
[17:47] | And certainly when he’s eighteen and he has the right to find out for himself who his birth parents were. | 等他滿18歲 他有權瞭解親生父母 |
[17:51] | Why does he have to know he was adopted? | 他何必知道自己是被領養的? |
[17:54] | We will find him a family that will be his family, his only family. | 我們找人當他僅有的家人 |
[17:58] | He won’t even have to remember how useless his parents were. | 他根本不必記得他親生父母有多沒用 |
[18:01] | His mother leaves him and then his father dies. | 母親離開他 父親死掉 |
[18:04] | I mean, that… that would definitely fuck him up. | 他肯定會瘋掉 |
[18:27] | Oh, Michael, it’s early. | 麥可 時間還早 |
[18:51] | Michael, I told you not to draw in the books. | 麥可 我叫你別在書上畫畫 |
[18:54] | What’s Mrs Donnelly at the library gonna say? | 圖書館的唐太太會怎麼說? |
[19:05] | 好 | |
[19:36] | Here, where do we put it? You choose. | 放在哪里?你自己選 |
[19:40] | That’s good. Let me show you. | 很好 我貼給你看 |
[19:42] | Give it a big push. | 壓 用力壓 |
[19:45] | 很好 | |
[19:49] | I’m winning! | 我贏了 |
[21:36] | Don’t you just hate them? | 他們實在很討厭 |
[21:38] | They leave their dogs in the garden, loose, | 讓狗在花園裏亂跑 |
[21:40] | but they still expect their mail, don’t they? | 又希望收到郵件 |
[21:43] | And then they complain if something’s late, or God forbid, goes missing. | 郵件遲到或不見又愛抱怨 |
[21:48] | Them and their bloody dogs. | 他們和他們討厭的狗 |
[21:52] | A menace.And then, they come at you and they bite you. | 真可惡 然後它們還過來咬你 |
[21:56] | It’s like you’re their bit of fun for the day. | 好像你是它們的玩具 |
[21:59] | The small ones are the worst, aren’t they? Mmm. | 小只的最壞了 |
[22:02] | Look at that, Michael. | 你看 麥可 |
[22:04] | Right through my trousers. | 隔著褲子咬的 |
[22:07] | Always watch out for dogs, Michael. | 要注意狗狗 麥可 |
[22:09] | You never know what they feel like biting next. | 它們隨時都會咬人 |
[22:12] | Michael loves dogs.He knows a very nice puppy. | 麥可喜歡狗 他認識一只乖狗狗 |
[22:17] | Er… would you like some more cake, John? | 再來塊蛋糕嗎 約翰? |
[22:20] | It’s great, isn’t it? She made it herself. | 好吃吧?她自己做的 |
[22:22] | None of those old preservatives. | 完全沒有防腐劑 |
[22:24] | Thank you, no. It was delicious. | 謝謝 真好吃 |
[22:26] | Er… Shona, would you? | 香娜 吃一點? |
[22:27] | Oh, thank you, Pam, I really couldn’t. | 謝謝你 潘 我不能吃 |
[22:31] | Michael, would you like a wee bit more of Pam’s cake? | 麥可 你想再吃一點潘的蛋糕嗎? |
[22:35] | Ah, well…I’d better have a wee bit more myself then, | 那我最好再吃一點 |
[22:38] | before the rabbit gets to it. | 免得被兔子搶走了 |
[22:40] | Dad, rabbits don’t eat cake. | 爸 兔子又不吃蛋糕 |
[22:42] | I’m sure Michael knows I’m only joking, don’t you, Michael? | 麥可知道我在開玩笑 對吧 麥可? |
[22:47] | And you’ve been fostering for three years now, is that right? | 你們當寄養家庭三年了吧? |
[22:50] | Mm hmm. Yeah, but it’s been tough, you know? | 對 不容易 |
[22:54] | It’s… hard letting go of the idea of being pregnant. | 放棄懷孕的念頭很難 |
[23:01] | You know, you want people to make a fuss over you, | 你要別人感到驚喜 |
[23:03] | you want to get the… the baby room ready, you know? | 你希望佈置一間嬰兒房 |
[23:06] | And it lingers in your mind and you feel this pain | 它在腦中徘徊不去 你會感到痛苦 |
[23:11] | watching other mothers with their babies. | 看著別的母親帶著寶寶 |
[23:15] | Every month you feel like you… you’ve failed as a woman. | 每個月都覺得自己是個失敗的女人 |
[23:19] | No. | 不 |
[23:21] | Sorry, John. | 抱歉 約翰 |
[23:23] | I’m sure you know | 你應該知道 |
[23:25] | life doesn’t always work out the way you mean it to. | 人生不如意十之八九 |
[23:32] | So I thought that maybe I was put on this earth to look after other people’s children. | 也許我註定要照顧別人的孩子 |
[23:37] | And when Anne was… six? Seven.Seven, we started fostering. | 後來小安六歲…七歲時 我們就開始當寄養家庭 |
[23:45] | How was it for you, Anne? Did you enjoy? | 你覺得如何 小安?喜歡嗎? |
[23:47] | Oh, she took to it straight away, didn’t you? Didn’t you, pet? | 她從一開始就很喜歡 對吧? |
[23:49] | Like a duck to water. | 適應得很好 |
[23:53] | But sometimes it’s sad to see them go, you know? | 有時看到他們離開也很難過 |
[23:56] | 嗯 | |
[23:58] | Now we don’t want to say goodbye to any more. | 現在我們不想再道別了 |
[24:00] | We both made our mistakes, but we found someone special | 我們都犯過錯 但終究會找到適合的人 |
[24:04] | and we’ll be… we’ll be together forever, won’t we? | 就會永遠在一起了 |
[24:06] | They’re still holding hands when they’re together shopping. It’s embarrassing. | 他們逛街還會牽手 超尷尬 |
[24:10] | That might be somewhat true.We do nearly everything together. | 說得沒錯 我們幾乎形影不離 |
[24:14] | If I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom,she comes with me,keeps me company.So I go for a piss… | 我半夜上廁所 她還陪我 我還… |
[24:20] | Dad! | 爸 |
[24:21] | Why would you tell them that? What will they think? | 講這幹嘛?他們會怎麼想? |
[24:23] | What, he doesn’t piss? | 他不尿尿的嗎? |
[24:24] | Dad! | 爸 |
[24:25] | Don’t mind him. | 別理他 |
[24:27] | Now… look, your child will be part of a big family. | 你的孩子會成為這大家庭的一份子 |
[24:32] | All good people, real people. | 我們都是踏實的好人 |
[24:35] | You wanna stick to your own, people that respect you, | 最好跟尊重你的人在一起 |
[24:39] | not people who talk down to you. You know what I mean, John? | 不是瞧不起你的人 懂我意思嗎? |
[24:42] | I know what you mean. | 我懂 |
[24:44] | Postman, sure. | 我是郵差 |
[24:46] | You know, it’s… Nobody writes letters anymore | 沒人寫信了 |
[24:49] | and I’m sure they’re gonna do away with us pretty soon, | 相信我們很快就會被淘汰 |
[24:52] | replaced by a flying drone or something. | 被無人機取代 |
[24:56] | And what will all those dogs bite then, eh, Michael? Eh? | 到時狗要咬什麼呢 麥可? |
[25:21] | Did you like the rabbit, Michael? | 喜歡那只兔子嗎 麥可? |
[25:27] | Wouldn’t you like a rabbit to look after? | 你不想養只兔子嗎? |
[25:31] | I want a puppy. | 我要小狗 |
[25:54] | Almost done. | 快好了 |
[25:56] | Thank you, Mrs McDonagh. | 謝謝你 麥太太 |
[25:58] | You really didn’t have to go to the trouble. | 你不必這麼麻煩的 |
[26:00] | No trouble. You need your strength. | 不麻煩 你需要體力 |
[26:03] | And what else would I be doing with myself? | 不然我還能幹嘛? |
[26:29] | 來 金金 | |
[26:31] | 噢! | |
[26:33] | Here’s your special, | 你的特製三明治 |
[26:35] | just as you like it. | 都是你喜歡的配料 |
[26:37] | Thank you very much. | 真感謝 |
[26:41] | Kim. | 金金 |
[26:43] | Here you go. | 過來 |
[26:46] | Good girl. | 好乖 |
[26:49] | You know, John, these people, they may be a bit know it all, | 約翰 這些人或許有點自大 |
[26:53] | but they are professionals. | 但他們是專業人士 |
[26:58] | Er… you know, if they say that you should… | 如果他們說你應該… |
[27:01] | And what am I meant to tell him? | 我該怎麼跟他說? |
[27:04] | That I’m… in heaven, sitting next to God? | 說我會上天堂 坐在上帝旁邊嗎? |
[27:09] | The same God who did this? | 造成這件事的那個上帝嗎? |
[27:11] | Well… you know, my mother believed in it, an afterlife. | 其實 我母親相信來世 |
[27:18] | But none of your “dust to dust” stuff for her. | 她不相信塵歸塵 土歸土那套 |
[27:22] | “We are air not earth,” she would say. | 她會說我們是空氣 不是土 |
[27:27] | “And we’re always there, after. | 死後我們一直都在 |
[27:30] | “Our spirit, our energy, is in the air.” | 我們的靈魂和能量存在空氣中 |
[27:35] | You know, I used to, er… make fun of her, of her ideas, when I was young. | 以前我常嘲笑她的想法 |
[27:44] | But you know, she was right. | 可是 她說得沒錯 |
[27:50] | And now she comes back to me in all sorts of ways. | 現在她會以各種方式回來找我 |
[27:57] | She sits on my bed at night and we talk. | 晚上她會坐在我床上 跟我聊天 |
[28:01] | And she’s very peaceful. | 她非常平靜 |
[28:04] | I mean, she she doesn’t talk with her mouth or anything. | 她不是用嘴巴說話 |
[28:09] | But we… but we talk. | 但我們會聊天 |
[28:33] | Hi, John. Come on in. | 約翰 請進 |
[28:34] | Hi, Judy. Hello, Grace. | 你好 茱蒂 嗨 葛麗絲 |
[28:36] | Grace, say hello to Michael’s daddy. | 葛麗絲 跟麥可的爸比打招呼 |
[28:39] | Sorry. Come on in. | 抱歉 請進 |
[28:42] | Good girl. | 好乖 |
[28:46] | Er… I am sorry. It hasn’t been the best of playdates. | 抱歉 今天不太順利 |
[28:51] | Michael, your daddy’s here. | 麥可 你爸比來了 |
[28:58] | What are you doing under the table, Michael? | 你在桌子底下做什麼 麥可? |
[29:01] | We didn’t feel like playing today. | 他今天不想玩 |
[29:08] | And we weren’t very nice. | 他不太乖 |
[29:10] | We didn’t say nice things to Grace, did we? | 對葛麗絲講話有點凶 對吧? |
[29:14] | Michael? | 麥可? |
[29:16] | You’re late. | 你遲到了 |
[29:21] | I’m sorry. | 對不起 |
[29:24] | Can we go now? | 可以走了嗎? |
[29:34] | And can you say sorry to Grace and to Judy for not being nice? | 你能向葛麗絲和茱蒂道歉嗎? |
[29:38] | Sorry. | 對不起 |
[29:40] | It’s OK, Michael. | 沒關係 麥可 |
[29:45] | Don’t worry about it. It must be… difficult. | 別擔心 想必你很辛苦 |
[29:50] | Cheers, Judy. | 謝謝你 茱蒂 |
[29:51] | And thank you, Grace. | 謝謝你 葛麗絲 |
[29:58] | Thank you, Grace. | 謝謝你 葛麗絲 |
[29:59] | You are welcome, Michael. | 不客氣 麥可 |
[30:00] | And you come again anytime you want, OK? | 歡迎你隨時再來喔 |
[30:04] | Come on. See you. | 走吧 再見 |
[30:06] | See you at school. | 學校見 |
[30:16] | Are we gonna see any more new friends? | 我們要去見更多新朋友嗎? |
[30:23] | Not today. | 今天不會 |
[30:27] | Put your belt on. | 系上安全帶 |
[30:40] | Daddy. | 爸比 |
[30:52] | What is it? | 那是什麼? |
[30:54] | What did you find? It doesn’t go. | 你發現什麼? 它不會走 |
[31:06] | It’s a beetle, Michael. | 這是甲蟲 麥可 |
[31:09] | It’s dead. | 它死了 |
[31:11] | It can’t walk anymore. | 它不能走路了 |
[31:14] | Make it go. | 叫它走 |
[31:17] | I can’t. | 沒辦法 |
[31:18] | It’s dead. | 它死了 |
[31:23] | When a beetle dies, its body doesn’t work anymore. | 甲蟲死後 身體就沒用了 |
[31:27] | It stops moving. And eating. And playing. | 它不會動 不會吃 也不會玩 |
[31:32] | Why? | 為什麼? |
[31:37] | Because… | 因為… |
[31:42] | Because like all the animals and the plants, | 就像所有動物和植物 |
[31:47] | all the living things, | 所有有生命的東西 |
[31:50] | it was born and lived a happy life | 出生後過著快樂的日子 |
[31:54] | and… then it got old and it died. | 然後變老 去世 |
[31:58] | And when it died, it left its body behind, | 死後留下身體 |
[32:02] | its wee legs, its head, its tummy, all empty. | 小小的腿、頭、肚子 都空了 |
[32:07] | But the beetle really isn’t there anymore, it’s… | 這只甲蟲其實已經不在了 |
[32:10] | It’s just its body. | 只剩下身體 |
[32:16] | Is it sad? | 它很難過嗎? |
[32:20] | No, Michael, it’s not sad, it’s… | 不 麥可 它不難過 |
[32:26] | It’s… | 它… |
[32:27] | it’s just not there. | 它就是不在了 |
[32:32] | Ice cream! Ice cream! | 霜淇淋 霜淇淋 |
[32:46] | (第一名老爸) | |
[33:18] | Oi! | 喂 |
[33:20] | I’m not paying you to sleep up there. | 我不是付錢請你來睡覺的 |
[33:23] | You missed that corner. | 那個角落沒洗到 |
[33:25] | Sir, I haven’t started on this one yet. | 先生 這扇窗還沒開始洗 |
[34:00] | Don’t know what there was to recommend. | 不知道別人在推薦你什麼 |
[34:02] | First and last time. Won’t have you around again, mate. | 以後不會找你了 兄弟 |
[34:05] | No risk of that. And I’m not your mate. | 別擔心 我也不是你兄弟 |
[34:08] | Right, just an uppity window cleaner who can’t clean fucking windows. | 對 只是不會洗窗的臭屁洗窗工 |
[34:41] | Hi, Lu. | 嗨 盧 |
[34:53] | See you later. | 回頭見 |
[36:27] | Sure, you’re old enough to do this yourself. | 你已經可以自己弄了 |
[36:30] | And without cutting your fingers. | 不會割到手指 |
[38:18] | Sometimes the children fight, | 孩子有時會吵架 |
[38:20] | hide in their rooms. | 躲在房間裏 |
[38:22] | Yeah, but then the same child will skip through the door from school, | 然後同一個孩子又會從學校回來 |
[38:26] | you know, clutching a prize that they’ve just won for maths | 還拿到一個數學獎之類的 |
[38:29] | and you know you’ve done something right. | 你就知道自己做對了 |
[38:33] | I’m so proud of them | 我好為他們驕傲 |
[38:35] | and grateful for the privilege | 也十分地感激 |
[38:37] | of sharing our lives with such incredible young people. | 有機會跟這麼棒的孩子一起生活 |
[38:40] | Really, Dad, even Tom? | 爸 真的嗎 包括湯姆? |
[38:41] | Yes. Even Thomas. In fact, especially Thomas. | 包括湯姆 尤其是湯姆 |
[38:47] | Dad is right. Do you remember what he was like? | 爸說得對 記得他本來的樣子嗎? |
[38:51] | Mum, can we go now? I’m gonna be late. | 媽 可以走了嗎?我快遲到了 |
[38:55] | Freddy, can you get your stuff together, please, and put it in the car? | 佛瑞迪 東西收好放車上 |
[38:58] | Make sure you don’t forget your boots this time. | 這次千萬別忘了靴子 |
[39:00] | I’ll be there in a minute. | 我馬上過去 |
[39:03] | Who put the empty carton back in the fridge? | 誰把空盒放回冰箱的? |
[39:05] | Freddy! | 佛瑞迪 |
[39:09] | Mum, Freddy’s taken my boots. | 媽 佛瑞迪拿走我的靴子 |
[39:11] | Mum, I’m late. | 媽 我遲到了 |
[39:13] | Coming. | 來了 |
[39:14] | I mean, what can I tell you, John? | 我能說什麼 約翰? |
[39:17] | To me there’s no difference in the way I feel about them. | 我對他們的感覺沒有不同 |
[39:20] | The birth children and the adopted ones. | 親生與領養的都一樣 |
[39:23] | My children are me own so I love them as me own. | 孩子都是我的 我視如己出 |
[39:28] | And he’ll… he’ll be our last one. | 他會是我們的最後一個 |
[39:31] | Oh, yeah, but if it’s God’s wish, | 如果老天爺願意 |
[39:34] | then he will be the last one to join our wee family, so to speak. | 他會是加入我們家的最後一個 |
[39:39] | And he’ll be loved… | 他會受到疼愛 |
[39:42] | …by all of us. | 我們都會愛他 |
[39:45] | Right, Billy? | 對吧 比利? |
[39:47] | Mum! | 媽 |
[40:19] | That’s on me. | 我請客 |
[40:21] | Cheers. | 乾杯 |
[40:23] | Come back and do them tomorrow if you can, or Friday. | 可以的話明天回來 或週五 |
[40:25] | Tomorrow. It should’ve settled by then. | 明天好了 到時候雨應該會停 |
[40:35] | Another wasted day. I should’ve stayed in bed. | 又浪費了一天 我該待在床上的 |
[40:50] | I hoped a baby would’ve made everything OK, | 我希望寶寶能讓情況改善 |
[40:53] | but, er… six months after he was born, | 但他出生後半年 |
[40:56] | she bought a ticket back to Russia and she left. | 她就買機票回俄國了 |
[40:59] | She just left.Didn’t even give us a forwarding address. | 就那樣離開了 連轉寄地址都沒留 |
[41:05] | Wherever she is, she has no idea of what she’s missed out on | 不管她在哪 損失可大了 |
[41:10] | and the lovely wee man he’s grown into. | 現在他是個可愛的小男生 |
[41:17] | Well, it wasn’t her fault. She… | 那不是她的錯 |
[41:21] | Here I just couldn’t give her what she wanted. | 我在這裏不能給她她想要的 |
[41:24] | She missed her country too much. | 她太想家了 |
[41:26] | The truth is, I wasn’t what she wanted. | 其實 我也不是她想要的 |
[41:30] | But, er… | 可是… |
[41:32] | when I was told about, you know… | 當我聽到… |
[41:36] | …I thought maybe she could, you know… | 我以為也許她能… |
[41:41] | …maybe one day… | 或許有一天 |
[41:42] | As Mrs Parkes explained, | 就像派太太解釋的 |
[41:45] | it really is too late, John. | 真的太遲了 |
[41:48] | Even if we were able to trace her, | 就算我們能找到她 |
[41:50] | the council would have no way of assessing the situation | 協會也無法評估狀況 |
[41:54] | and we couldn’t risk Michael’s wellbeing. | 我們不能不替麥可著想 |
[41:57] | John… | 約翰 |
[41:59] | One day at a time, yeah?We’ll get there. | 一步一步來 我們會找到的 |
[42:06] | Good morning, John. | 早 約翰 |
[42:09] | I’m sorry for keeping you waiting. | 抱歉讓你久等 |
[42:17] | How are you, John? | 你好嗎 約翰? |
[42:20] | You tell me. | 你說呢? |
[42:24] | John, we realise you want the best for your son. | 我們明白你想為兒子爭取最大權益 |
[42:29] | We all do. Believe me. | 我們都想 相信我 |
[42:31] | And your circumstances are exceptional. | 你的狀況很特殊 |
[42:35] | Which is why we’re treating this in an exceptional way. | 所以我們得以特殊方式處理 |
[42:39] | But there’s a limit to the number of families we can consider before taking a decision. | 做決定前能考慮的家庭有限 |
[42:44] | This is our responsibility, you understand? | 這是我們的責任 你懂嗎? |
[42:47] | And these are all good families… | 他們都是很好的家庭 |
[42:48] | I know. I do understand. But you can’t ask me to… | 我懂 但你們不能要我… |
[42:55] | I…I thought I would, you know, know when I first saw them. | 我以為第一次見到他們就會知道 |
[42:59] | I thought it would be simple. No, yes. | 我以為很簡單 要或不要 |
[43:02] | Not these. That’s them. | 這些不行 他們可以 |
[43:05] | But what if I’m wrong? You know, what if I… | 要是我錯了呢?要是… |
[43:10] | I need to be sure. | 我必須很篤定 |
[43:11] | Of course. | 當然 |
[43:12] | Can’t we just put an ad in the paper? In a frigging shop window? | 不能在報紙和商店櫥窗登廣告嗎? |
[43:15] | Because they’d still need to go through the approval process | 廣告還得經過核准程式 |
[43:19] | and we’re running out of time. | 我們快沒時間了 |
[44:42] | She should be fine.You might want to think about getting a new set of wheels on her. | 應該沒事 可考慮換組輪胎 |
[44:47] | But she’s, er… she’s as good as new. | 但現在跟新的一樣了 |
[44:53] | That’s… just for the discs.Labour’s on me. | 只收你碟盤費用 工錢算我的 |
[45:02] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[45:05] | Do you like cars, Michael? | 你喜歡汽車嗎 麥可? |
[45:06] | Lorries. | 貨車 |
[45:08] | Lorries? | 貨車? |
[45:10] | We fix lorries, too.Maybe you come around some day and give us a hand, eh? | 我們也修貨車 改天來幫我們忙? |
[45:15] | Would you like to, Michael? | 你想來嗎 麥可? |
[45:18] | Help George fix some lorries? | 幫喬治修貨車? |
[45:24] | Cheers, George. | 再見 喬治 |
[45:26] | Good luck. | 祝你好運 |
[45:31] | Come on. We’re gonna be late for tea. | 快點 晚餐要遲到了 |
[45:50] | Chocolate, chocolate. | 巧克力… |
[45:54] | Chocolate.Chocolate. | 巧克力… |
[45:59] | Can you see it? | 有看到嗎? |
[45:59] | Chocolate. | 巧克力 |
[46:02] | Where is the chocolate powder? | 巧克力粉在哪里? |
[46:04] | Chocolate. | 巧克力 |
[46:05] | Oh, there it is. | 在那裏 |
[46:12] | Brown or red? | 褐色還是紅色的? |
[46:15] | Mmm… red. | 紅色 |
[46:19] | Red chocolate. | 紅色巧克力 |
[46:23] | Baking powder… | 泡打粉… |
[46:24] | Where’s the baking powder? Baking powder. | 泡打粉在哪? 泡打粉 |
[46:26] | Baking powder? Baking powder. | 泡打粉呢? 泡打粉 |
[46:29] | Ah, there it is.Er… | 在這裏 |
[46:35] | Michael, maybe we can ask this lady which is the best baking powder? | 麥可 我們問小姐哪種泡打粉最好 |
[46:38] | You need baking powder? I do. | 要買泡打粉嗎?對 |
[46:41] | Is your mummy making you a cake? | 你媽咪要做蛋糕給你吃嗎? |
[46:47] | No, my daddy. | 不是 是我爸比 |
[46:49] | Lucky boy. | 好幸運的小男生 |
[46:54] | There. | 那種 |
[46:55] | This one? Perfect. | 這個?對 |
[46:57] | Great. Cheers. | 好 謝謝 |
[46:58] | Bye. | 拜 |
[47:00] | Michael, you want to put that in? | 麥可 放進去? |
[47:03] | Good man. | 好棒 |
[47:04] | Yeah. Good man. | 對 好棒 |
[47:09] | Grapes. | 葡萄 |
[47:14] | Aye. Grapes for Michael. | 葡萄給麥可吃 |
[47:17] | In they go. | 放好 |
[47:21] | OK.Have we got everything? | 好 東西都買了嗎? |
[47:24] | That’s the question. Let me check the list.Er… | 傷腦筋 我看一下清單 |
[47:31] | Michael, eggs. | 麥可 蛋 |
[47:33] | Eggs. | 蛋 |
[47:34] | Eggs. We forgot the eggs. | 蛋 忘了買蛋 |
[47:36] | Where are the eggs? Shall we go find the eggs? | 蛋在哪里?要去找蛋嗎? |
[47:40] | Eggs! Eggs. | 蛋…蛋… |
[47:43] | Eggs! | 蛋…蛋… |
[48:00] | Right! | 好 |
[48:02] | This is the last packet of candles. | 這是最後一包蠟燭 |
[48:07] | Which colour next? | 再來是什麼顏色? |
[48:09] | Red. Red. | 紅色 |
[48:10] | Red.Ok | 紅色 好 |
[48:13] | Red it is. | 就紅色 |
[48:17] | Mmm… we are ready to go. | 可以插了 |
[48:20] | Thirty three candles. | 33根蠟燭 |
[48:23] | Three. Three. | |
[48:26] | Mmm… nearly there. Which candle next? | 快好了 再來哪一根? |
[48:30] | Red. Red. | 紅色 紅色? |
[48:32] | Red? Are you sure? | 你確定? 紅色 |
[48:35] | Red. Red. OK.What a surprise. Red it is. | 紅色 好意外 就紅色吧 |
[48:42] | Ready. | 好了 |
[48:44] | Thirty four candles on Daddy’s cake. | 爸比的蛋糕上有34根蠟燭 |
[48:49] | Four. Four.Thirty four candles for thirty four years. | 34根蠟燭代表34歲 |
[48:56] | That’s it. We’re finished.What do you think? It looks good, huh? | 好 插好了 漂亮嗎? |
[49:04] | You’re old. | 你老了 |
[49:08] | I’m old? | 我老了? |
[49:13] | I’m not that old. | 我沒那麼老 |
[49:17] | But yes, Michael, | 對 麥可 |
[49:20] | Daddy’s not so young anymore. | 爸比已經不年輕了 |
[49:26] | And one day… | 有一天… |
[49:42] | Is this for me? | 送我的嗎? |
[49:45] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[50:22] | I am so sorry. I completely forgot yous were coming. | 真抱歉 我完全忘了你們要來 |
[50:25] | I’ve said that already, haven’t I? | 我是不是說過了? |
[50:26] | I mean, I ‘m not the tidiest of people, | 我雖然沒有潔癖 |
[50:28] | but the place isn’t usually this messy. | 但這裏通常沒這麼亂 |
[50:31] | I do my washing and ironing once a week. | 我一周洗一次衣服 |
[50:33] | I hate doing those half loads, don’t you? | 我不喜歡只洗一半的量 |
[50:35] | Well, with Michael’s things, it feels like all I do is half loads. | 當我洗麥可的衣服時 感覺我都只洗一半 |
[50:39] | Oh, really? You know, since Daddy’s gone, | 是嗎?自從孩子的爸離開後 |
[50:43] | I… I just kind of let it build up and then I’m left with this. | 我就讓衣服堆著 堆成這樣 |
[50:46] | Thank you, Shona. | 謝謝 香娜 |
[50:47] | All right, shall I put the kettle on and get us a cup of tea? | 我來燒水泡茶 |
[50:51] | Aye. Grand. | 太好了 |
[50:52] | Yeah? | 好嗎? |
[50:53] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[50:54] | Michael, do you want a cup of tea? | 麥可 想喝茶嗎?還是果汁? |
[50:58] | Would you… like some juice? No? Would he like some juice? | 他想喝果汁嗎? |
[51:01] | OK. | 好 |
[51:02] | So, John, I don’t know how much you know about my situation. | 約翰 不曉得你是否知道我的狀況 |
[51:06] | Well, I’d just turned sixteen and it was with one of the lads I worked with back home. | 當時我剛滿16歲 對方是同事 |
[51:11] | I mean, it was my first time and, you know, there it was.Typical. | 那是我的第一次 常見的情節 |
[51:15] | And I loved him. | 我愛他 |
[51:16] | You know, that sixteen year old love for your… | 16歲的愛情 很蠢 |
[51:21] | Just a dope.And then when my ones found out, well, Jesus, there was uproar. | 我家人發現時 鬧得很誇張 |
[51:25] | Daddy was horrified.He just… he said that there was a doctor in the next town | 我爸嚇壞了 他說隔壁鎮上有醫生 |
[51:31] | and… like, I said, “No way.” | 我打死不同意 |
[51:33] | And then for me, that… | 對我來說 |
[51:37] | When it just came time to, you know, signing those forms… | 要簽那些表格時 |
[51:41] | it just… I think that I was just so angry.I was just so angry with everyone around me cos | 我真的好生氣 好氣身邊的人 |
[51:46] | I just really wanted to keep my son. | 我只想留下我兒子 |
[51:50] | And I really thought that I could do it | 我真的認為我們做得到 |
[51:52] | and I really, really wanted to do it, like, even back then. | 當時我真的很想做到 |
[52:00] | Do you believe me, John? | 你相信我嗎 約翰? |
[52:06] | And I couldn’t choose. | 我無法選擇 |
[52:08] | I mean, I didn’t even meet the parents that were set to take the baby. | 我根本沒見到要帶走寶寶的父母 |
[52:13] | So then all those years later, | 幾年後 |
[52:15] | the doctor said that I probably wouldn’t be able to carry a baby again. | 醫生說我應該無法再懷孕 |
[52:21] | Like, adoption was the obvious choice for me | 領養是最好的選擇 沒關係 |
[52:24] | and that was fine cos I would’ve just thought that | 我想將他們 |
[52:26] | I would love our child just the way I would have loved the child I had to give up. | 視如己出 |
[52:36] | But my husband, he didn’t feel the same. | 但我老公想法不同 |
[52:40] | He just thought that he couldn’t love a baby that wasn’t his, you know?Like, actually his. So… | 他覺得無法愛不是親生的小孩 |
[52:50] | That was the end of that. | 我們就離婚了 |
[52:52] | Right, come here, you. | 過來 |
[52:55] | Come here.Let’s see how many rocks you can fit into the truck. | 看卡車上能裝多少石頭 |
[53:02] | So it’s been, what, three years now since I’ve been…Two. Two. | 所以已經三年了 |
[53:08] | It’s been three years now since I’ve been approved and in the system. | 我排入系統三年了 |
[53:11] | You know, sometimes they say that they’re just looking for couples, which is fine, | 有時他們說只找夫妻 無所謂 |
[53:16] | but that’s the first thing I do when I go on those profiles. | 看資料時我會先看這一點 |
[53:18] | I see if it’s OK that I’m single. | 我想看單身能不能領養 |
[53:21] | I mean, I don’t blame them cos… | 我不怪他們 |
[53:24] | I think that if I was looking for a family for my baby, that’s what I’d want, you know? | 如果我為自己孩子找新家 |
[53:29] | Two people, doesn’t matter the colour or the shape or any of that craic. | 也會找兩個人 膚色體型無所謂 |
[53:34] | Just two people that loved each other. | 一對相愛的夫妻就好 |
[53:36] | I think that’s important, don’t you? | 我覺得那很重要 不是嗎? |
[53:39] | Yeah, yeah. I suppose. | 對 我想也是 |
[53:44] | It’s hard, you know? | 很不容易 |
[53:48] | I mean, for me, it’s like… it’s like the light at the end of the tunnel | 對我來說 隧道底的光 |
[53:52] | is a child coming into this house. | 就是即將進入這屋子的孩子 |
[53:55] | I would be like… it would be like winning the cup.Only it would be way better. | 就像贏得獎盃 只是更棒 |
[54:02] | How many did you get in?Mmm… | 你裝了幾個? |
[54:07] | I mean, I just… I just want a child to love, you know? | 我只想有個孩子來愛 |
[54:13] | To give my love to. | 給他我的愛 |
[54:15] | What was he like as a baby? | 他嬰兒時期乖不乖? |
[54:19] | Er… he kept us, er… well, me really, up all night. | 他害我整晚不能睡 |
[54:27] | His mother couldn’t give him milk and teething was difficult. | 他母親不能餵奶 長牙時也不好帶 |
[54:32] | And what were you like when you were his age? | 你在他這年紀又是什麼樣子? |
[54:35] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[54:38] | Er… they told me my dad brought me up for my first four years. | 聽說四歲前是我爸在帶 |
[54:44] | He was a lorry driver. | 他是貨車司機 |
[54:46] | Kept the cot in the back of the cab. | 把嬰兒床擺在車上 |
[54:49] | And then after that, it was foster homes. | 後來就到了寄養家庭 |
[54:57] | Can I ask you something? | 我能問你一件事嗎? |
[55:00] | What do you like to do with your dad? | 你喜歡跟你爸做什麼? |
[55:02] | Mmm… | 嗯… |
[55:05] | Well, we don’t do so much physical stuff these days, do we? | 近來我們不太做什麼活動了 |
[55:10] | So we… we read and watch TV, go to the park. | 我們會看書 看電視 去公園 |
[55:17] | And sometimes we wash windows, don’t we, Michael? | 有時洗窗戶 對吧 麥可? |
[55:23] | Do you love washing windows? Do you love getting wet? | 你喜歡洗窗戶嗎?喜歡弄濕嗎? |
[55:27] | No. | 不喜歡 |
[55:36] | When are you gonna die? | 你什麼時候會死? |
[55:45] | Er…Jesus. | 嗯… |
[55:47] | Well, I don’t know, Michael. | 我不知道 麥可 |
[55:52] | I don’t think anyone knows. | 沒有人知道 |
[55:54] | I hope it’s not for ages. | 希望不會很久 |
[57:00] | You know, I used to be so jealous. | 我以前常嫉妒別人 |
[57:04] | I was so envious of all those who lived on,all those old people, | 羡慕那些長壽的老人 |
[57:11] | and my husband was going to die and he was still young. | 當時我老公快死了 他還年輕 |
[57:17] | I’d lie awake at night next to him and… | 我醒著躺在他身邊 |
[57:21] | I just got so angry. | 真的好生氣 |
[57:25] | But he wasn’t like that at all. | 他跟我完全不同 |
[57:29] | He said he enjoyed even more every minute we spent together, | 他說他更喜歡我們相處的每一刻 |
[57:34] | that everything around him seemed to be more special, wonderful. | 他身邊的事物似乎更特別 更美好 |
[57:40] | The sun was brighter… | 陽光更燦爛 |
[57:43] | …the colours of the flowers were richer. | 花朵的顏色更鮮豔 |
[57:47] | Even the grass was greener. | 就連草地都更青翠了 |
[57:51] | I’m not sure I know what he was on about. | 我不太懂他在想什麼 |
[57:54] | Maybe he said it just to make me feel better. | 也許他那樣說只是為了讓我好過一些 |
[58:00] | All I see is death, always there. Everywhere. | 我只看到死亡 無所不在 |
[58:08] | Like some bloke hanging around who wants something. | 好像有人總是想伺機而動 |
[58:14] | Never show weakness is how I grew up. | 我小時候絕不示弱 |
[58:17] | You showed weakness in one of those places, you were screwed. | 在那種地方一示弱就完蛋了 |
[58:20] | That’s how I lived my whole life. | 那是我人生的原則 |
[58:25] | But sometimes… | 但有時送他上學 |
[58:31] | …when I drop him off at school,there’s all those mums there with their kids… | 好多媽媽帶著小孩 |
[58:35] | …the tears well up. | 我會莫名流淚 止不住 |
[58:40] | And there’s nothing I can do,just turn around, walk away and hope that nobody sees, | 我只能走開 不讓人看見 |
[58:45] | nobody… nobody comes over and tries to help. | 沒人會過來幫忙 |
[58:47] | That’s not weakness, angel, that’s love. | 那不是軟弱 那是愛 |
[58:53] | Yeah, but how can I do this to him? | 我怎麼能這樣對他? |
[58:57] | I’ve given him a family and now I’m taking it away. | 我給了他一個家 如今卻要奪走它 |
[59:01] | You are doing something very brave. | 你為他做的這件事很勇敢 |
[59:04] | You should be dead proud of what you’re doing for him. | 你應該驕傲得要死 |
[59:09] | I’m sorry, I mean… | 抱歉 我是說… |
[59:15] | It’s funny how you can rot inside and not even know it. | 人的體內都快爛了 竟能渾然不知 |
[59:19] | I know. | 就是啊 |
[59:27] | Do you still miss him? | 你還想他嗎? |
[59:32] | Yes. | 想 |
[59:33] | No. | 不 |
[59:35] | I talk to him every day. | 我每天跟他說話 |
[59:38] | We had fifty wonderful years together. | 我們共度了美好的50年 |
[59:45] | Our only sadness was that we never had children. | 我們唯一難過的是沒有小孩 |
[59:52] | I wish I wasn’t so old I could do this for you. | 真希望我沒這麼老 能幫你的忙 |
[1:00:04] | I finally threw out his toothbrush last Christmas. | 去年耶誕節我終於丟掉他的牙刷 |
[1:02:08] | Come here. | 過來 |
[1:02:21] | We don’t have to adopt. | 我們不必領養小孩 |
[1:02:24] | I’m… I’m sure my husband and I are perfectly capable | 我相信我和老公能生下可愛的寶寶 |
[1:02:28] | of bringing a lovely baby into the world,but it’s just not our choice. | 但我們選擇不那麼做 |
[1:02:32] | The idea of waddling around happily expectant | 想到挺著大肚子懷孕 |
[1:02:38] | and then bringing a little tiny newborn home from the hospital | 然後從醫院帶寶寶回家 |
[1:02:42] | and closing the door and… living in a little cocoon, | 關上門 住在一個小繭裏 |
[1:02:46] | all away from the world… | 跟世界隔離… |
[1:02:50] | It’s just not really me. | 不適合我 |
[1:02:52] | It’s just not us, is it, Trevor? | 不適合我們吧 崔佛? |
[1:02:55] | No. | 不適合 |
[1:02:56] | We we both feel that… | 我們都覺得… |
[1:02:58] | We like to confront life. | 我們喜歡迎接生活的挑戰 |
[1:03:01] | We like to face things head on. | 我們喜歡正面對決 |
[1:03:04] | And for us this would be… a new journey. | 這對我們來說會是一個新旅程 |
[1:03:10] | A whole new adventure. | 全新的冒險 |
[1:03:13] | And we have room in our hearts | 我們心裏有空間 |
[1:03:16] | and we certainly have plenty of room in our home, | 家裏更有充足的空間 |
[1:03:20] | so why would we not? | 所以為何不去做呢? |
[1:03:22] | And if someone needs parents, then we can be those parents. | 有人需要父母 我們能當父母 |
[1:03:35] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[1:03:38] | I’m, er… glad for you. | 我替你們高興 |
[1:03:44] | Er… do you like him, Michael? | 你喜歡他嗎 麥可? |
[1:03:47] | 嗯 | |
[1:03:48] | His name’s Jimmy. | 他叫吉米 |
[1:03:52] | Say thank you to Trevor. | 說謝謝崔佛 |
[1:03:53] | Thank you. | 謝謝 |
[1:03:59] | He doesn’t really look like his photo, does he? | 他跟照片不太像 對吧? |
[1:04:03] | I mean, or you. Does he look like the mother? | 也不像你 他像媽媽嗎? |
[1:04:08] | Aye, he has his mother’s eyes. | 他眼睛很像媽媽 |
[1:04:13] | I mean, how any mother can leave a child? | 什麼樣的母親會丟下孩子 |
[1:04:17] | I mean, leaving the father I can completely understand, | 離開老公我能理解 |
[1:04:20] | but leaving a child?A child needs a mother. | 可是丟下孩子?孩子需要母親啊 |
[1:04:25] | Wouldn’t you like a mummy, Michael? | 你要一個媽咪嗎 麥可? |
[1:04:33] | This will have to go. | 這得丟掉 |
[1:04:37] | We jumped the gun a bit. | 我們太早就準備好了 |
[1:04:40] | Lorraine… | 羅蘭她… |
[1:04:42] | We were hoping for a baby, but… | 我們希望生寶寶 可是… |
[1:04:45] | But please… please believe me, we will love him, | 請相信我 我們會愛他 |
[1:04:49] | we will, er… we will bring him up with love. | 我們會用愛把他養大 |
[1:04:52] | Not just for him, but but for us. | 不只為了他 也為了我們 |
[1:04:55] | That will be good.A life well spent, | 那樣會很好 充實的人生 |
[1:05:00] | something to be proud of. | 值得驕傲 |
[1:05:04] | I mean, after all, what could be better than helping a child grow up… | 畢竟幫助孩子成長最棒了 |
[1:05:09] | …ready to face life… | 讓他準備面對人生 |
[1:05:13] | …like your parents did for you? | 就像父母為我們做的 |
[1:05:18] | And to leave this world knowing that you contributed to something real, | 當快要離世時知道你有所貢獻 |
[1:05:22] | that your passage on this earth had a purpose… | 知道你在世上的旅程有目標與意義 |
[1:05:33] | …and a meaning.Sorry. You have to excuse me. Sometimes I go on. | 抱歉 有時我會說個不停 |
[1:05:40] | And, er… this… this is my room. | 這是我的房間 |
[1:05:45] | Well, it’s the train’s room, really. | 其實是火車的房間 |
[1:05:49] | Lorraine doesn’t understand why I spend so much time in here. | 羅蘭不懂我為何常待在這裏 |
[1:05:53] | But there’s always something to do, | 這裏總有事可做 |
[1:05:56] | something to improve, something to fix. | 有東西要改善 要修理 |
[1:06:00] | You just have to take the time to look at it, | 你必須花時間仔細瞧 |
[1:06:04] | carefully, like a child would. | 就像小孩子那樣 |
[1:06:08] | Do you think Michael would like it? | 你想麥可會喜歡嗎? |
[1:06:12] | He likes lorries… | 他喜歡貨車 |
[1:06:16] | …and trains. | 還有火車 |
[1:06:19] | Maybe you could show it to him. | 也許你能帶他來看 |
[1:06:22] | Yeah, yeah. | 好 |
[1:06:24] | When he’s older. It’s… it’s all a little delicate. | 等他大一點 這些容易弄壞 |
[1:06:38] | Hello, Daddy. | 哈羅 爸比 |
[1:06:41] | OK, huh? | 麥可 |
[1:06:43] | Well, thank you so much for coming. | 謝謝你們來 |
[1:06:45] | Michael, it was lovely to meet you. | 麥可 很高興認識你 |
[1:06:48] | And you too, John. Real pleasure. | 還有你 約翰 很榮幸 |
[1:06:50] | Yes. Thank you. | 是 謝謝 |
[1:06:52] | Trevor. | 崔佛 |
[1:07:04] | Michael, Jimmy lives here. | 麥可 吉米住這裏 |
[1:07:08] | But maybe you could come and play with him another time? | 改天你能來找他玩 |
[1:07:19] | Er… Michael, I want you to say goodbye to Jimmy. | 麥可 跟吉米說再見 |
[1:07:22] | And thank Trevor for letting you play with him, OK? | 謝謝崔佛讓你跟他玩 |
[1:07:30] | Thank you for letting me play with him. Bye. | 謝謝你讓我跟他玩 拜 |
[1:07:34] | Bye. Bye. | 拜 拜 |
[1:07:37] | Good. | 好 |
[1:07:38] | Come on, let’s go. | 我們走吧 |
[1:07:58] | What’s adopt, Daddy? | 什麼是“領養” 爸比? |
[1:08:13] | Adopt is…when a child cannot be looked after by his mummy and daddy… | 領養就是當小孩的爸媽不能照顧他時 |
[1:08:22] | …and so he can go and live with two nice new parents… | 他能去跟兩個好心的新爸媽住 |
[1:08:30] | …who can give him a new loving family home. | 他們能給他溫馨的新家 |
[1:08:41] | I don’t want to adopt. | 我不想被人領養 |
[1:09:01] | Don’t fall, Michael. | 別跌倒了 麥可 |
[1:09:04] | Be careful. | 小心點 |
[1:09:16] | John, these things are done in a certain way. | 約翰 這些事有特定的處理方式 |
[1:09:18] | There are all sorts of procedures we’re supposed to follow. | 我們得遵照各種程式 |
[1:09:22] | They’re not written for a case like yours. | 它們不適用你的情況 |
[1:09:24] | Where did you find those people? | 你們去哪找到那些人? |
[1:09:26] | What fucking procedures did you use? | 用了什麼鬼程式? |
[1:09:30] | I’m sorry, John. | 對不起 約翰 |
[1:09:33] | But it does happen.A lot of matches just don’t work out. | 這種事在所難免 很多配對不成功 |
[1:09:39] | I think they were just hoping for someone younger. | 他們只是想找年紀更小的 |
[1:09:41] | I wouldn’t have given them a dog to look after. Not even a fucking rabbit. | 我連狗都不會讓他們養 兔子也不行 |
[1:09:48] | This is the biggest decision of my life. | 這是我一生最重大的決定 |
[1:09:51] | Don’t they understand? Don’t you? | 他們不懂嗎?你不懂嗎? |
[1:09:56] | It’s not about me wanting to be right. It’s… | 不是我要求太多 |
[1:10:00] | I do understand. That’s why I’m here. | 我懂 所以我還在幫你 |
[1:10:04] | I’m breaking loads of rules | 我違反了好多規定 |
[1:10:06] | I know about and I’m sure a few more that I don’t. | 肯定連不懂的規定都違反了 |
[1:10:08] | If Mrs Parkes finds out,I’ll be asking you for a job before I finish my training. | 被派太太發現 我就得打包走人 |
[1:10:15] | It’s not even about them, figuring them out. | 重點根本不在瞭解他們 |
[1:10:19] | It’s Michael. | 是麥可 |
[1:10:23] | I always thought that I knew him. | 我總以為自己瞭解他 |
[1:10:27] | I mean, I do. I do.You know, he’s… he’s mine. He’s my son. | 我瞭解 我知道他是我兒子 |
[1:10:32] | But do I know him? Really know him, you know? | 但我真的瞭解他嗎? |
[1:10:38] | Enough? For this? | 為了這件事 夠瞭解嗎? |
[1:10:52] | Oh, God. Fuck. | 天啊 |
[1:10:55] | Where’s a drink when you need it? | 需要喝酒時怎麼沒酒? |
[1:10:57] | Why did you bring me to this place? | 你幹嘛帶我來這裏? |
[1:11:02] | You know what? I don’t know. | 其實…我不知道 |
[1:11:07] | For some cake? | 來吃蛋糕吧? |
[1:11:14] | OK, fine. We’ll go to a pub next time. | 好 下次去酒館 |
[1:11:17] | Have two big vodkas. And then we’ll sort it all out. | 點兩大杯伏特加 把事情搞定 |
[1:11:21] | Well… if you’re allowed. | 如果你獲准的話 |
[1:11:24] | Allowed? | 獲准? |
[1:11:28] | It’s definitely not gonna kill me. | 絕對害不死我的 |
[1:11:43] | Do you think you’ve cleaned that lorry enough, Michael? | 貨車洗得夠乾淨了嗎? |
[1:11:45] | It looks very clean to me. | 我覺得很乾淨了 |
[1:11:48] | No. It’s dirty. | 沒有 很髒 |
[1:11:54] | OK, come on, lean your head back. I don’t wanna get soap in your eyes. | 來 頭往後仰 免得肥皂流進眼睛 |
[1:11:59] | That’s it. | 對 |
[1:12:37] | No more. | 沒了 |
[1:12:40] | We can tell Miss Rose they’re all gone. | 跟蘿絲老師說沒頭蝨了 |
[1:12:43] | All dead. | 死光光了 |
[1:14:26] | No, don’t use my spoon. | 不要用我的湯匙 |
[1:14:32] | I told you it’s rude. | 跟你說過這樣很沒禮貌 |
[1:14:37] | More. | 我還要 |
[1:14:41] | I’ll get you more. Just please don’t eat mine. OK? | 再弄給你 別吃我的好嗎? |
[1:15:08] | No! | 不要 |
[1:15:10] | The tiger ones are dirty. You can’t wear them. | 老虎那件很髒了 不能穿 |
[1:15:12] | We’ll wash them tomorrow. Now it’s late. | 明天再洗 現在太晚了 |
[1:15:15] | Michael, put these on, please. | 麥可 拜託穿上 |
[1:15:20] | Michael! | 麥可 |
[1:15:27] | Michael, put the new pyjamas on now. | 麥可 穿上新睡衣 |
[1:15:29] | And don’t come out of here until you’re ready to say sorry. | 等你想道歉時再出來 |
[1:17:23] | What are you putting in that lorry there? | 你在貨車上放了什麼? |
[1:17:26] | Rocks. | 石頭 |
[1:20:35] | Yeah, so I’ve crossed out all the bad ones. | 我刪掉了所有奧客 |
[1:20:38] | Mm hmm. Put a star next to the good ones | 好客戶加星號 |
[1:20:41] | and a question mark next to the ones who, you know, do pay but just need a bit of reminding from time to time. | 問號是會付款 但需要提醒的 |
[1:20:50] | Here. | 好 |
[1:20:52] | So, if you have any more questions, you got my number. | 如果還有問題 打我電話 |
[1:20:54] | I should be on it for a little wee while. Thanks. That’s great. | 我應該還會用一陣子 |
[1:20:56] | Are you going abroad? | 謝謝 太好了 你要出國嗎? |
[1:21:02] | Aye. | 對 |
[1:21:04] | Oh, here are the keys. | 這是鑰匙 |
[1:21:07] | If you look after her, she shouldn’t let you down. | 好好照顧它 它不會讓你失望 |
[1:21:09] | Brilliant. I will. I’ll let you know how it goes. | 太棒了 會的 我會讓你知道狀況 |
[1:21:12] | Oh, sorry, I almost forgot. | 抱歉 差點忘了 |
[1:21:14] | This is for you. But don’t cash it until next Monday, OK? | 給你的 下週一才能兌現 |
[1:21:17] | Cheers. | 謝謝 |
[1:21:18] | Wish me luck! | 祝我好運 |
[1:21:20] | Keep her lit. | 好好對它 |
[1:23:12] | (當恐龍死的時候:瞭解死亡) | |
[1:23:46] | Like the beetle… left its body, | 就像甲蟲…離開它的身體 |
[1:23:50] | but is now flying around the forest… | 但如今在森林中飛翔 |
[1:23:56] | …one day soon… | 很快有一天 |
[1:23:59] | …your daddy will leave his body… | 爸比也會離開身體 |
[1:24:03] | …but will always be around you | 但永遠在你身邊 |
[1:24:07] | in the air. | 在空中 |
[1:24:11] | Like the balloon in the sky? | 像天上的氣球? |
[1:24:16] | Yes. | 對 |
[1:24:20] | You won’t see me, | 你看不到我 |
[1:24:24] | but you can talk to me… | 但可以跟我說話 |
[1:24:26] | and I’ll listen. | 我會仔細聽 |
[1:24:29] | And you won’t hear me like you hear me now… | 你不會像現在一樣聽到我的聲音 |
[1:24:34] | but… | 可是… |
[1:24:37] | …you’ll hear me inside you. | 你心裏會聽得見 |
[1:24:41] | Inside? | 心裏? |
[1:24:42] | Mm hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:24:46] | Cos I will always be with you… | 我會永遠陪著你 |
[1:24:51] | …in the air around you… | 在你身邊的空氣中 |
[1:24:55] | …and in the sunshine that warms you. | 在溫暖你的陽光裏 |
[1:25:00] | And the rain? | 還有雨水? |
[1:25:03] | Aye… | 對 |
[1:25:06] | and the rain that gets you wet. | 把你淋濕的雨水 |
[1:25:09] | And the grapes? | 還有葡萄? |
[1:25:12] | Yes. | 對 |
[1:25:17] | I’ll be there too. | 我也會在那裏 |
[1:25:20] | Not in the grape, | 不在葡萄裏 |
[1:25:24] | but in the taste of it.Mmm? | 在它的味道裏 |
[1:27:51] | (給麥可) | |
[1:28:02] | (小狗) | |
[1:30:29] | Hi, John. | 你好 約翰 |
[1:30:33] | Hi, Michael. It’s so lovely to see you again. | 麥可 真高興再見到你 |
[1:31:09] | (根據真實故事改編) |