英文名称:One Life
年代:2023
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:38] | Home. | 我回来了 |
[02:39] | Although it’ll start off | 虽然早上开始时 |
[02:41] | with some sunshine in the morning, | 会有一些阳光 |
[02:42] | you’ll find cloud coming along in the afternoon. | 但到下午就会晴转多云 |
[02:44] | That’s all, have a lovely day. | 以上就是全部内容 祝你度过美好的一天 |
[02:51] | BBC News, and good day. | BBC新闻 早上好 |
[02:53] | Just 24 hours after what many are calling Black Monday, | 在经历被称为”黑色星期一”的24小时后 |
[02:56] | the FTSE 100 Index lost another 250 points, | 富时100指数再次下跌250点 |
[03:00] | leaving businesses and investors reeling. | 这让企业和投资者感到震惊 |
[03:02] | Well, that’s what happens when you deregulate. | 这就是放松管制的后果 |
[03:05] | Global markets have rallied somewhat | 全球股市在昨日下跌之后有所回升 |
[03:06] | after yesterday’s losses which saw Wall Street close a full 508 points down. | 华尔街收盘时下跌了整整508点 |
[03:12] | Idiots. | 蠢货 |
[03:15] | have gathered outside a London refugee detention centre | 聚集在伦敦一难民拘留中心外 |
[03:18] | to protest against the government’s plan | 抗议政府出台的 |
[03:20] | to deport them. | 驱逐他们的计划 |
[03:21] | We came here because in our country | 我们来这里是因为在我们国家 |
[03:23] | our lives are in danger. | 我们的生命处于危险之中 |
[03:25] | We came to keep our children safe. | 我们是来保护孩子们的安全的 |
[03:27] | A Home Office spokesman described | 英国内政部发言人称 |
[03:29] | Britaings humanitarian record as outstanding. | 英国的人道主义记录非常出色 |
[03:32] | We’ll have a report. | 详细报道… |
[03:41] | Hello, darling. | 你好 亲爱的 |
[03:45] | I was worried this would be… | 我还担心这样会… |
[03:47] | – Huh? – …burnt on top. | – 嗯?- 会把上面烧焦 |
[03:56] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[03:58] | – What? – What’s that? | – 啥?- 那是什么? |
[04:00] | Well, what does it look like? It’s a button. | 呃 你觉得像什么?是个纽扣 |
[04:04] | – A button? – Yes. | – 纽扣?- 是的 |
[04:06] | Somebody just, uh, put it in the tin. | 不知道是谁… 把它放进罐子里了 |
[04:09] | Honestly. People. | 得了吧 还能有谁? |
[04:13] | Well, you never know when it may come in handy. | 好吧 保不齐它什么时候会派上用场 |
[04:18] | Hm. | 嗯 |
[04:37] | Oh. | 哦 |
[04:41] | – Oh, hello. – What have you got now? | – 哦 你好 – 你手里拿的是什么? |
[04:44] | Oh, it’s a typewriter. | 噢 是台打字机 |
[04:46] | I know what it is, but you’ve already got one. | 我知道是打字机 不过 你不是已经有一台了吗? |
[04:49] | I know. It’s not for me. It’s, um… | 我知道 这不是给我的 这是 嗯… |
[04:52] | They don’t need it anymore at the day centre, | 日托中心不再需要它了 |
[04:55] | so I thought it would be all right | 所以我觉得把它放到 |
[04:56] | for the new care home. | 新的养老院也挺好 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1245个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:189个,六级词汇:88个,GRE词汇:87个,托福词汇:132个,考研词汇:209个,专四词汇:163个,专八词汇:33个, 所有生词标注共:335个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:57] | And, uh, we can hang on to it in the meanwhile. | 在此期间 我们可以先暂时留着它 |
[05:00] | – No. – Huh? | – 不 – 咋啦? |
[05:02] | No. | 不要 |
[05:03] | Why? Uh, I’ve also got a desk outside. | 为什么?外面我还有张桌子呢 |
[05:07] | – What? Where? – Well, I haven’t brought it in yet but… | – 什么?在哪?- 我还没搬过来 不过… |
[05:09] | – Oh, Nicky. It’s too much. – What? | – 噢 尼克 家里东西太多了 – 什么? |
[05:11] | How will we fit everyone in at Christmas? | 圣诞节我们怎么容纳下全家人? |
[05:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:15] | They’ll just have to shove up, won’t they? | 那他们只好挤一挤了 没办法 |
[05:16] | Your daughter is seven months pregnant. | 你女儿已经怀孕7个月了 |
[05:18] | – I know. – She cannot “shove up”. | – 我知道 – 她不能”挤一挤” |
[05:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[05:22] | Well, I’ll move it all to the study then. | 那我把它们都搬到书房去 |
[05:24] | Oh, the study. | 哦 书房 |
[05:25] | I bet you have plenty of room in the study. | 说的是 你书房还有很多空间 |
[05:28] | – God. – Let’s go and check the study. | – 天呐 – 我们去看看书房 |
[05:31] | – Oh, Nicky. – Out. | – 噢 尼克 – 哦 |
[05:34] | Do you still need all this? | 这些东西你都还要吗? |
[05:36] | Yes. Why? | 要啊 怎么了? |
[05:39] | What… What’s in all these drawers? | 这… 这些抽屉里都装了些啥? |
[05:42] | – Well, everything I think. – Darling. | – 嗯 啥都装 – 亲爱的 |
[05:47] | A domino, a biscuit | 多米诺骨牌 饼干 还有 |
[05:51] | and how many rubber bands does one man need? | 你一个男人要这么多橡皮筋干嘛? |
[05:54] | I don’t know. I’ve never asked the question. | 不知道 我从没想过这个问题 |
[05:59] | And you’ve got to find the right home for that. | 你得给它找一个合适的归宿了 |
[06:02] | Somewhere it will be appreciated. | 一个能让它被重视的地方 |
[06:07] | Please, Nicky, | 拜托 尼克 |
[06:09] | you have to let go. | 随它去吧 |
[06:11] | For your own sake. | 就算为了自己 |
[07:18] | Oh, I’m so looking forward to it. | 哦 我很期待 |
[07:20] | Do you want me to stay with him? | 你想让我陪着他吗? |
[07:22] | No, no. No, he’ll be fine. | 不 不要 他会没事的 |
[07:25] | Okay, well, maybe I’ll just call him. | 好吧 也许我该给他打个电话 |
[07:27] | Yes. Yes. He’s a grown man. | 是的 是的 他是个成年人了 |
[07:35] | You don’t have to wave me off. | 你没必要非得来送我 |
[07:36] | Of course I’m going to wave you off. | 我肯定要来送你 |
[07:38] | Everyone’s here. | 都到齐了 |
[07:40] | Ah. | 啊 |
[07:48] | Huh. | 哈 |
[07:58] | Hm. | 嗯 |
[08:00] | Nicky, | 尼克 |
[08:02] | don’t let yourself get… | 别让自己太… |
[08:04] | What? | 什么? |
[08:05] | How you get. | 你要怎么 |
[08:07] | I won’t. Of course I won’t. | 不会 我当然不会了 |
[08:10] | You have a wonderful time. | 玩得开心 |
[08:48] | – Home. – Ah, Nicky. | – 我回来了 – 啊 尼克 |
[08:51] | – You missed Martin. – Damn. | – 马丁给你打电话了 – 该死 |
[08:55] | Uh, hello. Did Martin say if he’d call back? | 哦 你好 马丁有说他会再打来吗? |
[08:58] | Seven o’clock sharp. | 七点整 |
[08:59] | Oh. | 哦 |
[09:02] | – Thank you, mother. – You’re very welcome, son. | – 谢谢你 妈妈 – 不客气 孩子 |
[09:05] | Isn’t Martin the chap he was supposed to be going skiing with? | 马丁不是那个本该和他一起去滑雪的家伙吗? |
[09:08] | Yes. But Martin is in Prague now, | 是的 但马丁现在在布拉格 |
[09:11] | helping refugees. | 在帮助难民 |
[09:13] | Prague? | 布拉格? |
[09:14] | Well, precisely. | 千真万确 |
[09:20] | – Hello? – It’s Martin. | – 喂 你好 – 是我 马丁 |
[09:21] | – Can you hear me? Nicky? – I… I can hear you. | – 能听到我说话吗 尼克?- 能 能听到 |
[09:23] | – It’s a terrible line. – I can hear you. | – 信号不好 – 我能听到你说话 |
[09:24] | Listen, I’m not sure you should come. | 听着 我不确定你是否该来 |
[09:25] | No, it’s all arranged. I have my ticket. | 别啊 我都安排好了 票也买好了 |
[09:28] | I have to leave Prague tonight. | 我今晚就得离开布拉格 |
[09:30] | I’ll have a man called Trevor Chadwick meet you. | 我会让一个叫特雷弗·查德威克的人来见你 |
[09:33] | I’m so sorry. It’s just such a mess here. | 抱歉 我这里现在一团糟 |
[09:43] | So, you going? | 那 你要去吗? |
[09:44] | I am, yes. | 是 要去 |
[09:50] | Everyone in Prague is trying to get out. | 布拉格的每个人都想着逃出去 |
[09:53] | My son is trying to get in. | 我儿子却想着进去 |
[09:55] | Did you speak to Martin? | 你和马丁谈过了吗? |
[09:58] | I did. Uh, turns out he’s not gonna be there. | 谈过了 不过 他不去了 |
[10:02] | He’s escorting some refugees out of the country | 他要护送一些难民出境 |
[10:04] | and then he’s heading back home to London. | 然后他要回伦敦的家 |
[10:06] | – Nicky. – Look, I have to do something. | – 尼克 – 听着 我得做点什么才行 |
[10:08] | It… Is… | 这… 这个… |
[10:10] | And you, of all people, should understand that. | 所有人中 你最应该明白这一点 |
[10:13] | Isn’t that what you taught me? | 这不是你教我的吗? |
[10:14] | Well, I can’t just sit here reading about it. | 我不能就这么光坐在这看报 |
[10:16] | These people need help. | 这些人需要帮助 |
[10:18] | I was never in doubt that the cause was just, | 我从没怀疑过这事的正义性 |
[10:21] | only whether Prague is safe. | 只是担心布拉格是否安全 |
[10:22] | It’s only a week. | 就一个星期 |
[10:24] | Uh, I’ll be back before you even miss me. | 在你想我之前我就回来了 |
[10:26] | Nicky, it’s not a joke. | 尼克 这可不是闹着玩的 |
[10:28] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[10:31] | I’m sorry, but I… | 对不起 但是我… |
[10:34] | I have to go. | 我必须得走了 |
[11:10] | Here we are. | 我们到了 |
[11:14] | – Mr Chadwick. – This is Mr Winton. | – 查德威克先生 – 这是温顿先生 |
[11:16] | – Evening. – Now, don’t go giving him | – 晚上好 – 不要给他开 |
[11:18] | a better room than me. | 比我还要好的房间哦 |
[11:19] | All our rooms are the best rooms, Mr Chadwick. | 我们所有的房间都是最好的 查德威克先生 |
[11:21] | Rudi takes good care of us. | 鲁迪对我们很照顾 |
[11:23] | Welcome. And Miss Warriner is in the bar. | 欢迎 对了 华瑞娜小姐现在在酒吧 |
[11:29] | Oh, that’s Doreen | 那是多琳 |
[11:31] | with one of our refugees. | 和她在一起的是我们的一个难民 |
[11:34] | Over here. | 坐这儿 |
[11:39] | Her husband was picked up | 她丈夫今天早上 |
[11:41] | on the street this morning. | 在街上被抓了 |
[11:44] | Picked up by? | 被谁抓了? |
[11:45] | Doreen thinks Nazi spies doing Hitler’s dirty work. | 多琳认为是纳粹间谍在帮希特勒做肮脏的勾当 |
[11:49] | What will happen? To him, I mean. | 会发生什么?我是说 她老公 |
[11:51] | Ah, thank you, thank you. | 啊 谢谢 谢谢 |
[11:54] | He’ll be dumped somewhere. | 他会被扔到某个地方 |
[11:55] | Maybe alive, | 也许还活着 |
[11:57] | but probably not. | 但也可能死了 |
[12:01] | You’re Martings friend, the stockbroker. | 你是马丁的朋友 那个股票经纪人? |
[12:03] | – Nicky. And you must be, uh… – Unbelievably angry. | – 尼克 你一定 呃… – 难以置信的愤怒 |
[12:07] | – So? – We’ve managed to get | – 然后呢?- 我们已经设法 |
[12:09] | Monika into a safe house for the night | 把莫妮卡带到安全屋过夜 |
[12:10] | and her daughter on the plane out tomorrow. | 给她女儿安排了明天的飞机 |
[12:13] | Well, that’s something. | 哇 太了不起了 |
[12:15] | So, Martin says you know your way around a desk. | 马丁说你很擅长案头工作 |
[12:18] | That’s quite an accolade. | 过奖了 |
[12:20] | It is here. Paperwork’s everything. | 在这里 文书工作意味着一切 |
[12:26] | And can I just ask, um, | 我能不能问一下 |
[12:27] | why… why was that woman’s husband taken? | 为什么… 那个女人的丈夫为什么会被抓走? |
[12:30] | He ran a newspaper in Germany. | 他在德国经营一家报纸 |
[12:32] | Spoke out against the Nazis. | 公开反对纳粹 |
[12:33] | When it got too dangerous, | 当处境变得极其危险时 |
[12:35] | they escaped over the border into Czechoslovakia. | 他们越过边境逃到了捷克斯洛伐克 |
[12:36] | – The Sudetenland. – Where they thought | – 苏台德地区 – 他们以为那里 |
[12:38] | they’d be safe. | 会很安全? |
[12:39] | And so they fled to Prague. | 于是他们逃到了布拉格 |
[12:43] | All right, I’ve got a lot to do. | 好了 我还有很多事要做 |
[12:44] | Taking supplies to the camps tomorrow. | 明天要把补给运到营地 |
[12:45] | I could use your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[12:52] | Can I ask what brought you out here? | 能问一下是什么风把你吹这里来了吗? |
[12:54] | I came 10 years ago for a study trip. | 我10年前来这里学习 |
[12:58] | I just… just love the place, love the people. | 我只是… 只是爱这个地方 爱这里的人 |
[13:02] | Now they’re in trouble. So I came back. | 现在他们有麻烦了 所以我就回来了 |
[13:15] | Are they all from the Sudetenland? | 他们都来自苏台德地区吗? |
[13:17] | Mostly. | 大部分是 |
[13:19] | Some from Austria and Germany who fled there first. | 还有一些最先逃到那的 来自奥地利和德国 |
[13:24] | Drive an hour north of here, towards the German border, | 从这里向北开车一小时 到德国边境 |
[13:26] | you’ll see the towns they ran from | 你会看到他们逃离的那些城镇 |
[13:28] | hung with Nazi flags. | 都悬挂着纳粹旗帜 |
[13:38] | Dear God. | 上帝啊 |
[13:39] | I know. And there are thousands more like this. | 没错 还有成千上万这样的 |
[13:54] | Ahoj, Hana. This is Nicholas Winton. | 你好 哈纳 这是尼古拉斯·温顿 |
[13:56] | He’s here to help out. | 他是来帮忙的 |
[13:58] | Oh. | 哦 |
[14:00] | Hana Hejdukova. Liaison officer for Czech refugees. | 汉娜·海杜科娃 捷克难民联络官 |
[14:02] | – Hello. – Your first time | – 你好 – 你是第一次 |
[14:04] | – in Czechoslovakia? – Yes, yes, it… Yes, it is. | – 来捷克斯洛伐克吗?- 是 是的 这… 是 第一次 |
[14:07] | Shame you didn’t come sooner. When there was more of it. | 很遗憾你没早点来 那时候的国土面积更大 |
[14:10] | Hana. | 汉娜 |
[14:13] | Um, can you get the others? | 呃 你能去叫一下其他人吗? |
[14:15] | Oh, there we go. | 哦 我来 |
[14:18] | So, you’ve managed to get doctors out to them? | 这么说 你已经设法让医生去找他们了? |
[14:20] | Oh, plenty of doctors already here. | 噢 已经有很多医生来了 |
[14:23] | Lots of these children grew up thinking the worst thing | 很多孩子在成长过程中都认为 |
[14:25] | that was ever gonna happen to them was piano practice. | 对他们来说最糟糕的事情就是练习钢琴 |
[14:31] | Nicky. | 尼克 |
[16:01] | Hello. | 你好 |
[16:07] | I’m so… I’m sorry, | 对… 对不住 |
[16:08] | I haven’t got anything. | 我身上什么都没有 |
[16:11] | Oh, wait, | 哦 等等 |
[16:13] | now hold on a moment. | 稍微等一下 |
[16:17] | Chocolate. | 巧克力 |
[16:20] | Here we go. | 给你 |
[16:22] | Oh, yes, | 哦 好的 |
[16:24] | of course you’d like some as well. | 当然你也想要一些 |
[16:26] | There we go. | 给 |
[16:29] | Oh. | 哦 |
[16:30] | Let’s see how far we go. | 看看我们还有多少 |
[16:32] | Oh, crikey. | 哎呀 |
[16:34] | There’s only a tiny bit. | 就只剩一点点了 |
[16:35] | And little bit for you. | 给你一点 |
[16:37] | Little bit for you. | 再给你一点 |
[16:40] | That’s it. That’s the last of it. | 就这么多了 这是最后一点了 |
[16:41] | There you go. | 给你 |
[16:47] | I’m sorry. I’ll, um… I’ll bring more, another day. | 对不起 我 呃… 我改天多带点来 |
[16:54] | Foto, foto. | 照相 照相 |
[16:59] | Yes, yes. It’s a good idea. | 好 好 这是个好主意 |
[17:02] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字? |
[17:04] | I’m Nicky. | 我叫尼克 |
[17:05] | Can you say, “Nicky”? | 你会说”尼克”吗? |
[17:09] | There we go. | 好了 |
[17:20] | How will these children survive the winter? | 这些孩子怎么熬过冬天呢? |
[17:22] | Well, they probably won’t. | 嗯 他们可能熬不过 |
[17:24] | And there are a dozen more places like this. | 像这样的地方还有很多 |
[17:28] | Surely, they should be the priority, | 我懂 只是这些孩子和家庭 |
[17:30] | the children, families. | 他们应该被优先考虑 |
[17:32] | My remit is to rescue politicals | 我的职责是营救那些 |
[17:35] | at imminent risk of arrest. | 有被捕危险的政客 |
[17:36] | And I’ve hardly the money or manpower for that. | 我既没有钱也没有人手做那些 |
[17:38] | What about the British government trains? | 英国政府的火车呢? |
[17:39] | The Kindertransport? | 不是有儿童撤离行动吗? |
[17:41] | It’s only for children leaving Germany and Austria. | 这只适用于离开德国和奥地利的孩子 |
[17:43] | Not from Czechoslovakia. | 不包括捷克斯洛伐克 |
[17:44] | Unfortunately, His Majesty’s government refuses | 不幸的是 国王陛下的政府 |
[17:47] | to believe these people are in danger. | 拒绝相信这些人身处险境 |
[18:04] | How many children are we talking about? | 有多少孩子? |
[18:06] | Oh, well, we don’t know. That’s part of the problem. | 我们也不知道 这就是问题所在 |
[18:07] | Thousands. There’s refugees all over the city. | 成千上万 城里到处都是难民 |
[18:11] | Jewish people, especially. | 尤其是犹太人 |
[18:12] | But anyone, really, who doesn’t fit | 但说真的 |
[18:13] | into Hitler’s master race. | 任何不符合希特勒优等种族的人 |
[18:15] | They’re banned from travel | 他们都被禁止旅行 |
[18:16] | and the UK’s refusing entry visas | 英国拒绝向试图离开的家庭 |
[18:18] | to families trying to get out. It’s chaos. | 发放入境签证 反正一片混乱 |
[18:21] | Welcome to the British Committee | 欢迎来到 |
[18:22] | for Refugees from Czechoslovakia. | 英国驻捷克斯洛伐克难民委员会 |
[18:25] | Hana, get him those files, would you? | 汉娜 把那些文件给他 好吗? |
[18:27] | That’s quite a filing system. | 相当复杂的一个归档系统 |
[18:29] | Yes. Well, if the Germans send in their spies, | 是的 如果德国人派出他们的间谍 |
[18:32] | at least they won’t be able to find anything. | 至少他们什么都找不到 |
[18:34] | In any case, | 无论如何 |
[18:36] | you’re the one who’s supposed to be good with paperwork. | 你才是那个擅长文书工作的人 |
[18:37] | This is you. | 就是你 |
[18:43] | Uh, yes, this report | 呃 对了 这份报告 |
[18:46] | details the political activists | 详细介绍了布拉格及其周边地区的 |
[18:48] | in and around Prague. | 政治活动家 |
[18:52] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[18:54] | The Führer’s travel plans in black and white. | 希特勒白纸黑字的旅行计划 |
[18:58] | He’s got his sights set on half of Europe. | 他的目标是半个欧洲 |
[19:00] | It’s just a question of when. | 只是时间的问题 |
[19:03] | Who else has seen it? | 还有谁看过这个? |
[19:04] | Half of Prague, I imagine. | 半个布拉格吧 我猜 |
[19:07] | Meant to intimidate. | 意在恐吓 |
[19:10] | Hitler’s never made any secret of his ambitions. | 希特勒从不掩饰他的野心 |
[19:12] | The allies banked on appeasing him | 盟国指望着 |
[19:13] | with a fat slice of this country. | 用这个国家的大片土地来安抚他 |
[19:15] | Now the vicious shit’s just gonna take the rest of it. | 现在这个恶毒的家伙要把剩下的都拿走了 |
[19:18] | The children. We have to move them. | 那些孩子们 我们得转移他们 |
[19:21] | Says the man who arrived yesterday. | 也就昨天刚到的人会这么说 |
[19:23] | Well, I’m not suggesting it’s gonna be easy. | 好吧 我并不是说这个很容易 |
[19:25] | A mass transit of children without money or… or visas? | 一场没有钱 没有签证的大规模儿童撤离? |
[19:29] | Well, we’ll find a way. | 我们会找到办法的 |
[19:31] | How long are you here for? A week? | 你在这要待多久?一个星期? |
[19:35] | And then you’re back to your bank. | 然后你就回到你的银行了 |
[19:36] | Can we please put that aside for now? | 我们能暂时把这事放一放吗? |
[19:37] | Well, can we please be realistic? | 好 那我们能现实一点吗? |
[19:39] | We can’t give these people false hope. | 我们不能给这些人飘渺的希望 |
[19:41] | Look, we… we have to believe that this might be possible. | 听着 我们… 我们必须相信这是有可能的 |
[19:45] | Look… | 这样… |
[19:47] | Let me try. Let… Let… Let me | 让我试试 让… 让… |
[19:50] | find out the scale of the problem. | 让我找出问题的严重性 |
[19:52] | You know, how many children, names and ages, | 你懂我意思 有多少孩子 他们的名字 年龄 |
[19:56] | where they’re living. | 他们住在哪 |
[19:59] | There must be existing information. | 肯定有现成的资料 |
[20:04] | Well, the vulnerable groups, they do have lists. | 好吧 那些弱势群体 他们确实有名单 |
[20:07] | But, they are scared to share them. | 但是 他们害怕公开这些信息 |
[20:11] | Well, then, we need to earn their trust. | 那 我们就赢得他们的信任 |
[20:15] | We need those lists. | 我们需要这些名单 |
[20:17] | So, we have to persuade them. | 所以 我们必须说服他们 |
[20:20] | Please, let me try. | 让我试试 求你了 |
[20:26] | Good afternoon. Uh, my name is Winton. | 下午好 我叫温顿 |
[20:29] | Nicholas Winton. | 尼古拉斯·温顿 |
[20:31] | Yes, I’m ringing from the British Committee for Refugees from Czechoslovakia. | 对 我是英国驻捷克斯洛伐克难民委员会的 |
[20:35] | Well, I’m looking to obtain a list of vulnerable children. | 我想要一份弱势儿童名单 |
[20:41] | No, I understand, but we will have everything in place. | 不 我明白 但我们会把一切安排妥当 |
[20:44] | Hello? Hello? | 喂?喂? |
[20:53] | Yes. May I at least come and meet? | 对 至少能让我来见个面吗? |
[20:57] | Thank you for seeing me. | 谢谢你愿意见我 |
[20:59] | How could I resist? | 这我怎么能拒绝呢? |
[21:01] | You’re offering to get children out of Prague. | 你要把孩子们带出布拉格 |
[21:03] | A lot of them. | 人数可不少啊 |
[21:04] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[21:06] | Hitler will be thrilled to know you’re helping him | 希特勒要知道你在帮他把犹太人 |
[21:08] | eradicate Jews from the region. | 从这个地区弄消失了 一定很激动 |
[21:13] | With… With respect, uh, I’m moving children | 恕 恕我直言 我要转移的孩子不分宗教 |
[21:17] | of all faiths and none. | 无论他们有没有信仰 |
[21:19] | Separating them from their families, | 将他们和家人分开 |
[21:21] | perhaps from their religion? | 也许是因为他们的宗教信仰? |
[21:24] | Accommodating them in safe homes, | 给他们安排安全的住处 |
[21:26] | with families in foster homes. | 和家人一起住在寄养家庭 |
[21:29] | Jewish foster homes? | 犹太人的寄养家庭? |
[21:34] | I don’t know. | 我还没想好 |
[21:36] | I don’t think that’s a question for now. | 我认为现在这不是一个问题 |
[21:38] | But it’s a question I’m asking. | 但这就是我要问的问题 |
[21:41] | You are not the only person at this table | 你不是这台面上 |
[21:43] | concerned about the well-being of Jewish children. | 唯一关心犹太儿童福祉的人 |
[21:45] | Parents in London are preparing | 伦敦的父母们正在准备 |
[21:48] | to send their children out of the city | 把他们的孩子送到安全的地方 |
[21:50] | to safety in the event of a war. | 以防战争发生 |
[21:51] | What I’m proposing is no different. | 我的提议也一样 |
[21:55] | Your children would be protected | 你的这些孩子会受到保护 |
[21:58] | and returned to their families as soon as it’s safe. | 一旦安全了就会回到他们家人身边 |
[22:03] | Are you Jewish, Mr Winton? | 你是犹太人吗 温顿先生? |
[22:09] | Why would you ask that? | 为什么这么问? |
[22:11] | Because I wonder why a person would undertake | 因为我想知道为什么一个人 |
[22:14] | this daunting task for people | 会在一个并不属于他的地方 |
[22:17] | to whom he has no real allegiance, | 为那些他并不真正效忠的人 |
[22:19] | in a place where he does not belong. | 承担这样一项艰巨的任务 |
[22:25] | You’re a stockbroker from London | 你来自伦敦 是个股票经纪人 |
[22:28] | with a comfortable life, I presume. | 据我所知 生活过得很舒适 |
[22:31] | You’ve done some research. | 下了些功夫调查我 |
[22:33] | It is a serious matter. So, why are you doing this? | 这是一件严肃的事情 你为什么要这么做? |
[22:37] | What I mean is, who are you, Mr Winton? | 我想说的是 你到底是谁 温顿先生? |
[22:41] | Well… | 好吧… |
[22:42] | My father’s family | 我父亲一家 |
[22:45] | came from Germany to London in the 1870s. | 70年代从德国来到伦敦 |
[22:49] | Till just a few months ago, we were Wertheims. | 就在几个月前 我们还姓韦特海姆 |
[22:53] | We went through the last war | 我们用一个德国姓氏 |
[22:54] | with a German surname and my mother… | 度过了上次战争 我母亲 |
[22:57] | my mother couldn’t stand doing it again, so… | 我妈再也受不了了 所以… |
[23:01] | And my grandparents on both sides were Jewish. | 我两边的祖父母都是犹太人 |
[23:07] | But I was baptised in the Church of England. | 但我是在英国教堂受洗的 |
[23:09] | So, | 所以 |
[23:12] | I don’t know what you’d call me. | 我不知道你会怎么称呼我 |
[23:14] | I would call you a Jew. | 我会称呼你为犹太人 |
[23:19] | I consider myself a European, | 我觉得自己是一个欧洲人 |
[23:22] | an agnostic, | 一个不可知论者 |
[23:25] | and a Socialist. | 还是一个社会主义者 |
[23:28] | There are children here, | 这里的孩子们 |
[23:32] | living in fields, in the open, in… in… in mud… | 住在田野里 住在露天的地方 在… 在… 住在泥巴里… |
[23:38] | The worst of winter’s still to come | 最糟糕的是即将到来的冬天 |
[23:40] | and under the threat of Nazi invasion. | 和纳粹入侵的威胁 |
[23:44] | I have seen this | 我亲眼所见 |
[23:46] | and I cannot unsee it. | 无法视而不见 |
[23:49] | And because I may be able to do something about it, | 因为我也许能做点什么 |
[23:56] | I must. | 我必须 |
[23:58] | At least try. | 至少要试试 |
[24:05] | The task you propose | 你提议的任务 |
[24:08] | requires money and visas. | 需要钱和签证 |
[24:10] | I don’t have them. Yet. | 我现在还没有这些 |
[24:17] | But I’ll get them. | 但我会搞到的 |
[24:30] | If I send these children to you, | 如果我把这些孩子交给你 |
[24:33] | I’m placing their lives in your hands. | 就是把他们的性命交给你了 |
[24:36] | A very great responsibility. | 责任重大 |
[24:38] | So, in the end, Mr Winton, | 所以 温顿先生 说到底 |
[24:43] | it is a question of trust. | 这是一个信任的问题 |
[24:49] | In Hebrew, there is a saying. | 希伯来语里有句谚语 |
[25:01] | Don’t start what you can’t finish. | 如若不能 切勿逞能 |
[25:16] | Hampstead, 7946. | 汉普斯特德 7946 |
[25:19] | Mother? | 妈妈? |
[25:20] | Nicky! So good to hear you. | 尼克 很高兴有你消息了 |
[25:22] | Now, listen, I can’t be long. | 听着 我不能在这待太久 |
[25:23] | No, of course not. No, uh… | 不 当然不能 不能 呃… |
[25:25] | But are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[25:26] | Are you safe? | 安全吗? |
[25:28] | I’m perfectly fine. | 我很好 |
[25:29] | You don’t sound very convincing. | 听上去不太让人信服 |
[25:31] | Just tell me you’re coming home, yes? | 你跟我说 你就要回家了 是不是? |
[25:33] | Yes, yes, now, listen. | 是的 是的 但现在 听着 |
[25:35] | I need you to do something for me. | 我需要你帮我做件事 |
[25:37] | Tell me. | 说吧 |
[25:38] | And I’m afraid it’s not going to be easy. | 这事恐怕没那么容易 |
[25:42] | Hello, Rudi, I’d like to send a telegram. | 你好 鲁迪 我想发一封电报 |
[25:44] | Yes, certainly, sir, just a moment. | 好的 当然可以 先生 请稍等 |
[25:49] | To, Mr Hart, H-A-R-T… | 发给哈特先生 H-A-R-T… |
[25:53] | At Crews Brothers, stockbrokers. | 在克鲁斯兄弟 股票经纪人 |
[25:55] | Slight change of plan. | 计划有变 |
[25:56] | – “Slight change.” – Stop. | – “计划… 有变… ” – 停 |
[26:00] | Working Prague with Refugees. | 布拉格与难民共事 |
[26:04] | Return to office delayed. | 回办公室要推迟了 |
[26:19] | Oh, no, no, no. I’m sorry. Um… | 哦 不 不 不 抱歉 嗯… |
[26:22] | No, I’m… I’m… I’m trying to help the families. | 我不是 我… 我… 我只是在努力帮助那些家庭 |
[26:34] | – Madam. – Oh. | – 夫人 请 – 哦 |
[26:37] | Good morning. My name is Babette Winton. | 早上好 我叫巴贝特·温顿 |
[26:40] | I’d like to speak to someone in immigration. | 我想找一下移民局的人 |
[26:43] | And where have you arrived from? | 你从哪里来的 |
[26:45] | From Hampstead, on the 24 bus. | 从汉普斯特德 乘24路公交车 |
[26:47] | I’m a British citizen seeking your advice. | 我是英国公民 想咨询你们的意见 |
[26:50] | – Do you have an appoint… – An appointment? No. | – 你有预约… – 预约?没有 |
[26:52] | But I’m happy to wait. | 但我很乐意等 |
[27:09] | Mr Jovak? | 乔瓦克先生? |
[27:11] | Here. | 这里 |
[27:12] | Come this way, please. | 麻烦过来一下 |
[27:19] | Anyone else? | 还有吗? |
[27:20] | Yes, actually, um, there was a young girl | 有 事实上 还有个小女孩 |
[27:24] | that I first saw when Doreen brought me here, um… | 多琳带我到这来的时候 是我第一次看到她 嗯… |
[27:26] | She was about 11 or 12. | 她大概十一二岁 |
[27:28] | She had a very young baby sister. | 有一个很小的妹妹 是个婴儿 |
[27:30] | Applications are considered according to protocol… | 按规定 程序应该按照… |
[27:32] | Oh, protocol. That is a meaningless phrase. | 哦 规定 那是个毫无意义的词 |
[27:34] | You repeating it ad infinitum really doesn’t help. | 你无休止的重复它不起任何作用 |
[27:37] | These are unaccompanied children. | 这些都是没人陪伴的孩子 |
[27:41] | They’re children, they are desperate, | 他们是孩子 他们很绝望 |
[27:42] | and they are starving. | 而且他们还在挨饿 |
[27:44] | Like many poorer British children. | 就跟很多贫穷的英国孩子一样 |
[27:45] | British children are not facing the threat | 英国的孩子现在没有面临 |
[27:48] | of imminent Nazi invasion. | 来自纳粹入侵的威胁 |
[27:49] | Mrs Winton, there are other people waiting. | 温顿夫人 还有其他人在等着呢 |
[27:56] | If you don’t mind… | 如果你不介意的话… |
[27:58] | Young man, I have something to tell you. Sit down. | 年轻人 我跟你说件事 你先坐下 |
[28:09] | I came here 30 years ago, from Germany, to marry. | 30年前 我从德国来到这里结婚 |
[28:14] | I raised my family here. | 我在这里养育了我的家庭 |
[28:16] | My husband is buried here. | 我丈夫就葬在这里 |
[28:19] | And what I have most admired about this country | 我对这个国家最钦佩的地方是 |
[28:24] | is its commitment to decency, kindness, | 它对正直 善良的承诺 |
[28:28] | and respect for others. | 以及对他人的尊重 |
[28:30] | I raised my son in accordance with these values | 我就是按照这些价值观来教育我的儿子的 |
[28:33] | and he is in Prague, now, as we speak, | 就在我俩说话时 他现在正在布拉格 |
[28:38] | putting these values into practice. | 将这些价值观付诸实践 |
[28:41] | I am merely asking you to do the same. | 我只是希望你也做同样的事 |
[28:45] | Is that too much to ask? | 这个要求很过分吗? |
[28:54] | Ask your questions, Mrs Winton. | 你问吧 温顿夫人 |
[28:57] | Thank you. Now, I need you to concentrate | 谢谢你 现在 我需要你集中精神 |
[29:01] | and I need you to be very clear. | 需要你认真听清楚 |
[29:07] | She’s 12. | 她12岁 |
[29:27] | They don’t know whose baby it is. No one does. | 他们也不知道这是谁的宝宝 没人知道 |
[29:31] | She is helping care for her. | 是她一直在帮忙照顾她 |
[29:35] | But what about the parents? | 那她父母呢? |
[29:39] | Hm, taken or dead. | 要么被抓 要么死了 |
[29:54] | Right. | 也是 |
[29:57] | Let’s get on. | 我们继续 |
[30:20] | This is Maidenhead, 3310. | 这里是梅登黑德 3310 |
[30:22] | Nicholas and Grete Winton. Please leave a message. | 尼古拉斯和格雷特·温顿一家 请留言 |
[30:27] | Hi, Dad. | 嗨 爸爸 |
[30:28] | It’s just me checking in to see you’re okay. | 就是问候一下 看看你是否安好 |
[30:32] | We’re all right. Had just been to the clinic, | 我们都很好 刚去了诊所 |
[30:33] | everything’s fine with the baby. | 宝宝一切都正常 |
[30:36] | Mum says that you’re thinking | 妈妈说你在考虑 |
[30:37] | about what to do with the briefcase. | 怎么处理那个公文包 |
[30:39] | Um… | 嗯… |
[30:41] | I know that won’t be easy for you. | 我知道这对你来说并不容易 |
[30:43] | I’m here if you wanna talk about it. | 如果你想找人谈谈 随时找我 |
[30:46] | Hope you’re swimming lots. | 希望你能多多游泳 |
[32:36] | In Munich, Nazis took my brothers. | 在慕尼黑 纳粹抓走了我的兄弟 |
[32:40] | My nephews tried to stop them, | 我的侄子们试图阻止他们 |
[32:43] | 12, 10 years old, just boys. | 一个12岁 一个10岁 都还是孩子 |
[32:47] | They were beaten and thrown down the stairs | 遭到殴打 从楼梯上被扔了下来 |
[32:51] | and taken to the camps. | 被带到了集中营 |
[33:00] | Eva and Vera. | 这是伊娃和维拉 |
[33:03] | These are my sister’s boys, | 这两个是我姐姐的儿子 |
[33:05] | Honza and Tommy. | 翁扎和汤米 |
[33:09] | Our family name is Diamantova. | 我们家姓迪曼托瓦 |
[33:16] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[33:19] | That’s Vera. | 这是维拉 |
[33:21] | Eva. | 伊娃 |
[33:23] | Honza, Tommy. | 翁扎 汤米 |
[33:26] | Oh, what happened here? | 哦 这里怎么了? |
[33:29] | She fell. Skiing. She loves the mountains. | 她摔了一跤 滑雪时摔的 她喜欢山 |
[33:32] | Oh. You like… You like skiing? | 哦 你喜欢… 你喜欢滑雪啊? |
[33:35] | I love skiing. | 我喜欢滑雪 |
[33:42] | Skiing and swimming. | 滑雪和游泳 |
[33:45] | And swimming? Me too. | 还喜欢游泳?我也是 |
[33:49] | – Morning, Rudi. – Morning. | – 早上好 鲁迪 – 早上好 |
[33:51] | Would you mind putting a call through to this number for me? | 你能帮我打个电话到这个号码上吗? |
[33:53] | – Of course. Give me a moment. – Thank you. | – 当然可以 等我一下 – 谢谢 |
[33:55] | And Mr Winton, you have a telegram. | 对了 温顿先生 你有一封电报 |
[33:58] | Oh. Thank you. | 哦 谢谢 |
[34:14] | Mr Winton, your call. | 温顿先生 你的电话 |
[34:15] | Cabin number two. | 在2号亭 |
[34:18] | Nicky, you will not believe | 尼克 你绝对猜不到 |
[34:20] | – what they are asking for. – All right, I’m ready. | – 他们有哪些要求 – 说吧 我准备好了 |
[34:23] | A separate visa application for each child. | 给每个孩子单独申请签证 |
[34:26] | An individual sponsor who must promise to pay | 一个必须承诺支付 |
[34:29] | for all the child’s needs. | 所有孩子需求的个体担保人 |
[34:31] | And a fee of 50 pounds to pay for their eventual return. | 还要50英镑用来支付他们最终回来时的费用 |
[34:37] | – Fifty pounds? – Yes, I know. | – 50英镑?- 是的 没说错 |
[34:38] | Wait, there’s more. | 等等 还有呢 |
[34:41] | A medical certificate, | 一份医疗证明 |
[34:42] | uh, and a foster parent to care for the child | 呃 还要有养父母来照顾孩子 |
[34:46] | till the age of 17 | 直到他们17岁 |
[34:47] | or until they are able to return home. | 或者直到他们能够回家为止 |
[34:50] | Christ, Nicky! | 我的天 尼克 |
[34:51] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:54] | Nicky? | 尼克? |
[34:56] | Mr Slonek. Hello. | 你好 斯洛内克先生 |
[34:58] | Hello, hello. Uh… | 你好 你好 呃… |
[35:01] | I have changed my mind. | 我改变主意了 |
[35:03] | Here are, uh, photos, | 这是 呃 这些是照片 |
[35:05] | I believe now you will help them? | 我现在能信你 会帮到他们吗? |
[35:12] | Jan. Petr. | 这是杨 这是彼得 |
[35:16] | – And… Karel. Karel. – Karel. | – 还有… 卡雷尔 – 卡雷尔 |
[35:19] | When will they go… please? | 他们什么时候走… 请问? |
[35:25] | What did I miss? | 我有错过什么没? |
[35:26] | Nicky was just saying we have to assume | 尼克刚才说我们必须推演一下 |
[35:28] | that this is happening. | 就当这事已经发生了 |
[35:29] | Yeah. | 好 |
[35:31] | We are moving the children. | 我们正在转移孩子们 |
[35:32] | In big groups. By train. | 成群结队 坐火车 |
[35:34] | That’s a two-day trip, | 整个行程为期两天 |
[35:35] | which would mean crossing Holland | 这就意味着要穿越荷兰 |
[35:37] | and the Dutch have shut their borders | 而荷兰已经对犹太难民 |
[35:38] | to Jewish refugees. | 关闭了边境 |
[35:40] | And they’d have to cross Germany. | 而且他们还得穿过德国 |
[35:42] | Yes, but they’d only be passing through | 是的 但是他们只能 |
[35:43] | and on British visas. | 持英国签证过境 |
[35:45] | With British foster parents waiting. | 英国养父母们早已等候 |
[35:47] | Well, that is, if you can find British foster parents. | 好吧 前提是你能找到英国养父母 |
[35:48] | There are a thousand children on that list. | 名单上有上千个孩子 |
[35:52] | The welcome may not be as warm as you’re all imagining. | 欢迎可能没有你们想象的那么热烈 |
[35:55] | Then we have to heat things up. | 那我们就造造势 |
[35:58] | We have to get the press working. | 我们得让媒体参与进来 |
[36:00] | Get them moving and on our side. | 让他们行动起来 站到我们这边来 |
[36:03] | Ordinary people wouldn’t stand for this | 普通民众如果知道要发生的事 |
[36:05] | if they knew what was actually happening. | 他们是不会袖手旁观的 |
[36:09] | You’ve a lot of faith in ordinary people. | 你对普通人很有信心啊 |
[36:13] | I do because I’m an ordinary person. | 没错 因为我就是一个普通人 |
[36:17] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[36:19] | And me. | 还有我 |
[36:21] | Well, there you go. | 好吧 那就这样 |
[36:23] | That’s just what we need, isn’t it? | 这正是我们需要的 不是吗? |
[36:26] | An army of the ordinary. | 一支普通的军队 |
[36:28] | Nicky, you should go back to London, raise funds. | 尼克 你应该回伦敦去筹集资金 |
[36:33] | Raise a stink. | 搞出动静 |
[36:34] | I can do that. No problem. | 我能做到 没问题 |
[36:36] | What about your job in the bank? | 你在银行的工作怎么办? |
[36:38] | Well, stock market closes at half past three. | 嗯 股市三点半就收盘了 |
[36:40] | And I’ll take care of this end. | 我来处理这边的事 |
[36:42] | – With Hana’s help? – Of course. | – 汉娜能帮忙吗?- 当然 |
[36:44] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[36:46] | We’re actually doing this, aren’t we? | 我们真的就要这么做了 是吗? |
[36:50] | Here’s to the children’s section of the BCRC. | 为英国驻捷克斯洛伐克难民委员会儿童分会干杯 |
[36:52] | – There isn’t one. – There is now. | – 没有这个组织 – 现在有了 |
[36:55] | All those in favour. | 赞成的走一个 |
[37:03] | Nicky, if I may. | 尼克 如果可以的话… |
[37:05] | – What are you doing? – Excuse me. | – 你在干什么?- 不好意思 |
[37:07] | My God. | 我的天啊 |
[37:09] | Those your socks? | 那是你的袜子吗? |
[37:12] | Look, you’ll need something | 听着 你需要有东西 |
[37:13] | for all that paperwork. | 来装那些文书 |
[37:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[37:34] | To The Times’ letter section. | 致《纽约时报》读者来信栏目 |
[37:37] | Dear sir, I have just returned from Prague, | 尊敬的先生 我刚从布拉格回来 |
[37:40] | where I was assessing the fate | 在那里 我一直评估着 |
[37:42] | of refugees in the city. | 这座城市中难民的命运 |
[37:45] | Among the many unfortunate souls, | 在众多不幸的人中 |
[37:48] | I found about 2, 000 children | 我发现大约有2000名儿童 |
[37:51] | living in damp, | 住在潮湿 |
[37:55] | overcrowded camps. | 拥挤不堪的营地里 |
[37:56] | Overcrowded, insanitary camps. | 拥挤不堪 卫生堪忧的营地里 |
[37:59] | Yes, true. | 对 没错 |
[38:01] | In one of the camps, | 其中一个营地里 |
[38:03] | several have already succumbed to disease. | 已经有几个人死于疾病 |
[38:07] | I saw a mother cradling her dead child. | 我看见一位母亲抱着她死去的孩子 |
[38:10] | The thousands struggling to survive | 成千上万为了生存而挣扎的人 |
[38:13] | find themselves facing the threat of Nazi invasion | 发现自己正面临着纳粹入侵的威胁 |
[38:16] | and the horrors that will bring. | 以及由此带来的恐怖 |
[38:18] | We are working to evacuate these children by train | 当务之急 我们正努力用火车将这些儿童 |
[38:21] | to safety in Britain as a matter of urgency. | 转移到英国的安全地带 |
[38:26] | Will people please help with donations or foster homes? | 恳请大家帮忙捐赠或提供寄养家庭 |
[38:31] | Please contact Mr Nicholas G Winton, | 请与尼古拉斯·G·温顿先生联系 |
[38:34] | the British Council for Refugees in Czechoslovakia, | 英国驻捷克斯洛伐克难民委员会 |
[38:37] | Children’s section. | 儿童分会 |
[38:39] | 20 Willow Road, NW Three… | 柳树路20号 西北3… |
[38:42] | The wanderer returns! | 流浪者回来啦 |
[38:45] | Crikey, Nicky, Hart’s been apoplectic. | 哎呀 尼克 哈特都气疯了 |
[38:48] | Oh, well. | 哦 好吧 |
[38:49] | There goes your bonus. | 你的奖金没了 |
[39:05] | Mother. | 妈妈 |
[39:07] | Sorry. Thank you. | 抱歉 谢谢你 |
[39:14] | I’ve seen your letter in the press. | 我在报纸上看到了你写的信 |
[39:16] | Well, then you understand the urgency. | 那你应该能明白事情的紧迫性了 |
[39:20] | The process… | 整个过程… |
[39:21] | Our first group consists of 20 children | 第一批有20个孩子 |
[39:23] | who are in the most dire need. | 他们最需要获得帮助 |
[39:25] | They will arrive by train into Liverpool Street Station | 他们将在两周后乘火车 |
[39:28] | in two weeks’ time. | 到达利物浦街站 |
[39:32] | Yes, two weeks, a fortnight. | 没错 两周 两个星期 |
[39:36] | Which is why we’re asking for your help to… | 这就是为什么我们需要你来帮忙… |
[39:39] | to accelerate the process. | 加速这个过程 |
[39:40] | Applications are dealt with in turn. | 申请需要依次处理 |
[39:43] | The process takes time. | 这个过程需要时间 |
[39:44] | We don’t have time. | 我们没时间了 |
[39:46] | The German army could cross the border any day. | 德军随时都可能越过边境 |
[39:51] | Mr Leadbetter… | 利德贝特先生… |
[39:54] | these are your children, yes? | 这些是你的孩子 对吗? |
[39:57] | – They are. – There are families | – 是的 – 有很多家庭 |
[39:58] | just like this, just like yours, | 就像这样 和你一样的家庭 |
[40:02] | living in conditions you cannot imagine. | 正生活在你无法想象的环境中 |
[40:05] | The threat of war hangs over them. | 战争的威胁笼罩着他们 |
[40:07] | What they have done for you | 他们为你们抵抗着 |
[40:10] | is to stand against Nazi expansionism. | 纳粹主义的扩张 |
[40:13] | All they ask, in return, | 作为回报 他们所要求的 |
[40:15] | is a temporary refuge for their children. | 就是一个他们孩子的临时避难所 |
[40:18] | From whatever horror is yet to come. | 躲避即将到来的恐怖 |
[40:22] | Isn’t that the least this country should offer? | 这难道不是这个国家最起码应该提供的吗? |
[40:29] | Provided your paperwork is in order. | 前提是你的文件齐全 |
[40:31] | It is in perfect order. | 一切都井然有序 |
[40:34] | Then I’ll do my best. | 那我尽力而为 |
[40:36] | Two weeks, where are we going to find the money? | 两周时间 我们去哪找钱? |
[40:40] | We’ll find it. | 我们会找到的 |
[40:41] | In two weeks? | 两个星期内? |
[40:44] | – And the foster families? – I know. We’ll do it. | – 那 寄养家庭呢?- 我知道 我们会处理 |
[40:47] | Olga Santer… Santer, yes. | 奥尔加·桑特… 桑特 是的 |
[40:50] | and Petr Slonek. Slonek, Petr, yes. | 还有 彼得·斯洛内克 彼得 是 |
[40:58] | Right. It’s a start. | 好 这才开始 |
[41:12] | Jan Slonek, number 174. | 杨·斯洛内克 编号174 |
[41:16] | Petr Slonek, 144. | 彼得·斯洛内克 144号 |
[41:22] | Rosa Lenart, | 罗莎·雷纳特 |
[41:24] | number 529. | 编号529 |
[41:27] | Good. Tommy Katschinsky, | 很好 汤米·卡钦斯基 |
[41:29] | number nine. Michael Lappert, 46. | 编号9 迈克尔·拉伯特 46号 |
[41:32] | – Landesmann, 19. – Next. | – 兰德斯曼 19号 – 下一个 |
[41:35] | Jacob… | 雅各布… |
[41:36] | number twenty-four. | 编号24 |
[41:42] | I have a family from Shropshire | 我这有个什罗普郡的家庭 |
[41:45] | that will take a girl, 8 to 11 years, | 他们要领养一个8到11岁的女孩 |
[41:48] | and Mr and Mrs Horrell | 还有 霍雷尔夫妇 |
[41:50] | that will take a boy, just one, | 会收养一个男孩 只要一个 |
[41:53] | but ideally under eight and brown haired. | 但最好是8岁以下 棕色头发的 |
[41:56] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[42:02] | Martin. | 马丁 |
[42:04] | So sorry I wasn’t with you in Prague. | 很抱歉没和你一起去布拉格 |
[42:06] | Not at all. | 没关系 |
[42:07] | Anyway, I’m here now. What can I do? | 不管怎样 我现在来了 我能做些什么? |
[42:10] | Well, we’ve got, uh, 20 children ready to travel | 这样 我们有 呃 20个孩子准备出发了 |
[42:13] | and only eight foster homes. | 但只找到8个寄养家庭 |
[42:14] | There’s plenty of people who’d gladly take a child, | 有很多人都乐意收养一个孩子 |
[42:16] | but they can’t raise the 50 pounds guarantee. | 但他们无法承担50英镑的保证金 |
[42:18] | So, that’s what we need most right now. It’s money. | 所以 这是我们现在最需要的 也就是钱 |
[42:23] | Let me make some calls. | 我来打几个电话 |
[42:25] | Phone? | 电话在哪? |
[42:26] | Come with me. Coffee? | 跟我来 喝咖啡么? |
[42:28] | Nicky, five pounds! | 尼克 5英镑 |
[42:30] | Five pounds, 20 pounds from the Girl Guides and then… | 又一个5英镑 女童子军捐赠20英镑 然后是… |
[42:34] | That’s 100 in one day! | 一天就有了100英镑 |
[42:37] | And then Picture Post has raised 90 pounds. | 接着是《图画邮报》筹集了90英镑 |
[43:02] | Ready? We’ve foster families | 准备好了吗?我们已经找到寄养家庭 |
[43:04] | for, uh, Marlia Keller, | 收养玛丽亚·凯勒 |
[43:07] | – uh, Kristina Novotka… – Mm-hmm. | – 呃 克里斯蒂娜·诺沃特卡… – 嗯哼 |
[43:11] | -…the Blaufrank twins. – Yes. | – 布劳弗兰克双胞胎 – 对 |
[43:14] | And Jan and Petr Slonek. | 还有杨·斯洛内克和彼得·斯洛内克 |
[43:16] | And their brother? | 那他们的兄弟呢? |
[43:19] | No. No one would take all three. | 还没 没人愿意三个都要 |
[43:21] | Goodness. | 天哪 |
[43:22] | Tell them it won’t be long now. | 告诉他们不会太久的 |
[43:24] | – We’ll be moving them soon. – Nicky, | – 我们很快就会转移他们 – 尼克 |
[43:27] | it’s getting harder here. | 这里现在越来越难了 |
[43:29] | Two more people from Doreen’s list have disappeared. | 多琳名单上又有两个人失踪了 |
[43:33] | I don’t know how long we’ve got. | 我不知道我们还有多少时间 |
[44:41] | Come on, then. Good lads. | 来吧 好孩子 |
[44:43] | There you go, good lads. | 就这样 好小伙子 |
[44:48] | All right. | 好了 |
[45:30] | Thank God you’re here. I was worried. | 谢天谢地 你终于来了 担心死我了 |
[45:32] | I’m so sorry. | 十分抱歉 |
[45:34] | All right, all right, all right. | 好了 好了 好了 |
[45:38] | – Petr Slonek. – Slonek. Petr and Jan. | – 彼得·斯洛内克 – 姓斯洛内克 彼得和杨 |
[45:41] | 174. | 174号 |
[45:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[45:44] | 144. 144. | 144号 |
[45:46] | So, that’s only one we’re missing, now. | 所以 我们现在只缺一个了 |
[45:48] | Check them all. | 全部检查一遍 |
[45:50] | This is our train. | 这是我们的火车 |
[45:57] | Hello. | 你好 |
[45:59] | 141. 141. | 141号 |
[46:07] | Come on, then, let’s go. | 来吧 我们走了 |
[46:08] | Come on, come on, let’s go. | 来吧 来吧 我们走了 |
[46:11] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[46:14] | Good girl. | 好姑娘 |
[46:56] | The train at platform eight | 8号站台的火车 |
[46:58] | is the 9:25 service to Ipswich. | 将在9点25分开往伊普斯维奇 |
[47:02] | Calling at Shenfield, Chelmsford, Witham, | 列车停靠申菲尔德 切姆斯福德 威瑟姆 |
[47:06] | Colchester, Manningtree and Ipswich. | 科尔切斯特 曼宁特里及伊普斯维奇 |
[47:14] | The train now arriving at platform one | 现在到达1号站台的列车 |
[47:16] | is the delayed 8:47… | 是晚点的8点47分… |
[47:19] | international train from Harwich | 由哈威奇开往伦敦 |
[47:21] | to London Liverpool Street. | 利物浦街站的国际列车 |
[47:59] | Stay… Stay together, everyone. | 站好… 大家都站在一起 |
[48:01] | Very good. | 太好了 |
[48:03] | Trevor! Trevor. | 特雷弗 特雷弗 |
[48:09] | – You made it. Bless you. – Yes. | – 你做到了 老天保佑 – 是啊 |
[48:11] | Here, let me help you. | 来 我来帮你 |
[48:13] | This way, this way. | 这边 这边走 |
[48:15] | Are you all right? | 你都还好吧? |
[48:20] | So, Mr and Mrs Willou… Willoughby? | 那谁 威洛… 威洛比夫妇在哪? |
[48:24] | Here. | 这里 |
[48:27] | Nina, Olga. Olga Santer. | 尼娜 奥尔加 奥尔加·桑特 |
[48:31] | And Mr and Mrs Goodfellow. | 接下来 是古德费罗夫妇? |
[48:35] | Yes. Here. | 对 在这呢 |
[48:37] | – Nina. – Hello. | – 尼娜 – 你好 |
[48:40] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[48:41] | Jan and Petr Slonek. | 杨·斯洛内克和彼得·斯洛内克 |
[48:44] | – Lovely to meet you. – Petr? | – 很高兴认识你 – 彼得? |
[48:46] | – We’ll look after you. – Hello. | – 我们会照顾你的 – 你好 |
[48:48] | Frank. Come on, boys, | 弗兰克 来吧 孩子们 |
[48:49] | – let’s get you home. – Thank you. | – 我们带你回家 – 谢谢 |
[48:50] | Mr and Mrs Harland? | 哈兰夫妇? |
[48:54] | Harland? | 哈兰? |
[50:57] | Hi, Nicky. | 嗨 尼克 |
[50:58] | Oh, hello, Geoff. | 哦 你好 杰夫 |
[50:59] | You wanna come through? | 你要过来吗? |
[51:01] | Yes, thank you. | 是的 谢谢你 |
[51:02] | All right? | 你还好吧? |
[51:03] | Yes, of course I am. | 当然 我很好 |
[51:06] | You don’t have to look so nervous. | 你不用那么紧张 |
[51:08] | I can’t help it. | 每当我看到你来的时候 |
[51:09] | Whenever I see you coming, | 都会情不自禁的紧张 |
[51:11] | I know it’s gonna cost me a fortune. | 我知道又得花费我一大笔钱了 |
[51:12] | Oh, all in a good cause. | 哦 都是用来做好事 |
[51:18] | So, which is it this time? | 那 这次是为了什么? |
[51:20] | Samaritans? MENCAP? Abbeyfield? | 撒玛利亚会?MENCAP慈善机构?还是阿比菲尔德协会的事? |
[51:24] | Oh, something new. Or rather, old. | 哦 是新的事情 或者 更确切的说 是旧事 |
[51:28] | Take a seat, Nicky. | 坐吧 尼克 |
[51:29] | Yes. Thank you. | 好 谢谢 |
[51:38] | It’s about, uh, documents from the Second World War | 是关于一些二战期间的文件 |
[51:44] | – rather relevant for today. – The war? | – 和今天的生活息息相关 – 二战? |
[51:47] | – Yes. – Oh, it’s exciting. | – 是的 – 哦 真令人激动 |
[51:50] | It’s the, uh, 50th anniversary of the outbreak coming up. | 今年是 呃 二战爆发50周年纪念 |
[51:54] | Yes, I suppose it must be. | 是 我想是的 |
[51:55] | Yeah, we’re planning a series of special editions. | 对 我们正在策划一系列特别版 |
[51:58] | – Oh. – Where did you serve? | – 哦 – 你曾经在哪里服役? |
[51:59] | Army, Navy? | 陆军还是海军? |
[52:01] | Oh, well, that’s neither here nor there, is it? | 哦 即非此也非彼 不行吗? |
[52:03] | Yeah, I bet you got some stories. | 行 那我打赌你肯定有故事 |
[52:06] | It’s really not about me. | 还真不是关于我的 |
[52:08] | It’s actually very important. It’s, uh, | 实际上 这非常重要 这是 呃 |
[52:11] | about refugees. | 关于难民的 |
[52:15] | Refugees? | 难民? |
[52:17] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[52:19] | I’m not really seeing | 那我真没看到梅登黑德 |
[52:21] | the Maidenhead angle in refugees. | 有关难民的一面 |
[52:32] | We wanna be famous | 我们想成名 |
[52:35] | We wanna be on TV | 我们想上电视 |
[52:37] | Famous, famous Famous, famous | 成名 成名 成名 成名 |
[53:18] | – Hello? – Hello. | – 喂?- 喂 你好 |
[53:21] | Guess who this is? | 猜猜我是谁 |
[53:22] | – Oh, good afternoon. – Good afternoon. | – 哦 下午好 – 下午好 |
[53:24] | I’m meeting Mr Martin Blake. | 我要见马丁·布莱克先生 |
[53:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[53:28] | – Oh, certainly. – Thank you. | – 哦 当然可以 – 谢谢 |
[53:30] | If you’d like to follow me? | 请跟我来 |
[53:31] | Yes. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[53:48] | Hello, Martin. Thank you. How are you? | 你好 马丁 谢谢你 你好吗? |
[53:51] | – Nicky. – Good to see you. | – 尼克 – 很高兴见到你 |
[53:52] | So, you’re footloose | 这么说 你这几天 |
[53:54] | for a couple of days? | 可以自由活动了 |
[53:56] | Yes. Looks like it, doesn’t it? | 是的 看起来是这样 不是吗? |
[53:57] | Time to catch up. I’m glad. | 是时候叙叙旧了 我很高兴 |
[53:59] | Yeah, it’s not much time, I’m afraid, | 是啊 恐怕没多少时间 |
[54:00] | because, um, I’ve been given my to-do list, you know? | 因为 嗯 他们给了我任务清单 知道吗? |
[54:04] | Grete’s reorganising everything | 在孩子出生前 |
[54:06] | – before the baby arrives. – Oh, yes! | – 格蕾特重新安排一切 – 哦 太好了 |
[54:08] | A grandfather. You excited? | 要当外公了 你兴奋吗? |
[54:09] | – No, I’m bloody terrified. – Why? | – 不 我都吓坏了 – 为什么? |
[54:12] | – I don’t know. – It’ll be fun, I’m sure. | – 我不知道 – 肯定很有意思 我确定 |
[54:14] | Oh, really? If you say so. | 哦 真的吗?既然你都这么说了 |
[54:16] | Uh, anyway, at the moment, we’re just, um, | 不管怎样 目前 我们只是 呃 |
[54:19] | throwing out a lot of old stuff, you know? And, uh… | 扔掉一大堆旧东西 你知道吧?而且… |
[54:21] | – Piles up. – Yes, it does. Yeah. | – 堆起来了 – 是啊 都堆起来了 |
[54:23] | You have to be ruthless. | 那你得毫不留情 |
[54:24] | – I know. – Yeah. Box files and, | – 对 – 是啊 盒子里的文件 还有 |
[54:26] | uh, records of all the old charity work, you know? | 以前所有慈善工作的记录 知道吧? |
[54:28] | You’ve always been so busy. | 你总是这么忙 |
[54:30] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 是的 |
[54:31] | Do you still volunteer with the Samaritans? | 你还在为撒玛利亚会做志愿者吗? |
[54:34] | No, no. They kicked me out. | 不 不 他们把我赶了出去 |
[54:35] | What? What on earth for? | 什么?到底是为什么? |
[54:37] | A woman, uh, phoned in and told me she was, um… | 有个女人打电话来跟我说 嗯… |
[54:40] | planning on killing herself. | 她打算自杀 |
[54:42] | I said, “Oh, dear me, there must be something else | 我说 “哦 天啊” |
[54:43] | -“you’d rather be doing.” – You didn’t. | – “你一定还有别的事要做” – 不是吧? |
[54:45] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我这么说了 |
[54:46] | She told me that she wanted to visit | 她告诉我她想去美国 |
[54:48] | her daughter in America. | 看望她的女儿 |
[54:50] | But her doctor warned her that the journey | 但她的医生警告她 |
[54:52] | would probably kill her. | 这次旅行可能会要了她的命 |
[54:53] | I said, “Well, that’s exactly what you want, isn’t it? | 我说 “那好啊 这不正是你想要的吗?” |
[54:55] | “To be killed?” | “寻死呀” |
[54:56] | Yeah, well, she had a good laugh. | 对 好吧 她笑得可开心了 |
[54:58] | We both had a good laugh. | 我们都笑得很开心 |
[54:59] | She went off to America. She saw her daughter. | 她去了美国 看到了她的女儿 |
[55:01] | Had a wonderful time. Came back, | 玩得很开心 |
[55:02] | – was happy as a lark. – Oh. | – 回来后快乐得像只百灵鸟 – 哦 |
[55:04] | But, uh, ooh, the Samaritans. Oh, God bless them. | 但是 撒玛利亚会 哦 上帝保佑 |
[55:06] | They gave me a real bollocking, | 他们把我骂得一比吊糟 |
[55:08] | pardon my French, | 原谅我讲脏话 |
[55:09] | and, uh, told me I’d broken all the rules. | 还说我违反了所有的规定 |
[55:11] | Well, you know, I couldn’t just sit there, could I? | 你知道的 我总不能就这么干坐着 对吧? |
[55:13] | I mean, you’re listening to a bunch of lonely people | 我是说 一群孤独的人跟你倾诉 |
[55:15] | when there was something I could actually say | 而我却能说点什么 |
[55:17] | to help cheer them up. | 让他们振作起来 |
[55:21] | You might wanna slow down anyway. | 不管怎样 你要放松心态 |
[55:22] | What, with the baby coming. | 再说 宝宝快要出生了 |
[55:25] | Why would I want to slow down? | 我为什么要放松? |
[55:26] | Oh, to enjoy it. | 哦 享受一下生活 |
[55:27] | You’ve done enough. | 你已经做的够多了 |
[55:29] | No. It’s never enough, is it? | 不 永远都不够 不是吗? |
[55:33] | Did you, uh, need more time with the wine list? | 请问 呃 你们的酒选好了吗? |
[55:34] | Oh, yes, um… | 哦 是的 嗯… |
[55:37] | They have nice Château Neuf. | 他们家布尔纳夫酒庄不错 |
[55:43] | We’ll have the Chablis. | 我们要一瓶夏布利 |
[55:44] | – Oh, dear. – Thank you. | – 哦 亲爱的 – 谢谢 |
[55:47] | Where were we, now? Oh, yes. | 我们说到哪了?哦 对了 |
[55:49] | When I was clearing out all the papers, | 当我清理所有文件的时候 |
[55:52] | I came across that old, uh, scrapbook from Prague. | 偶然发现了那本布拉格的旧剪贴簿 |
[55:55] | – Do you remember that? – I do. | – 你还记得吗?- 记得 |
[55:56] | Yes, you’re not throwing that out. | 对 那个你不能给扔了 |
[55:58] | No, I think it could be quite | 不会 我觉得从某种意义上来说 |
[55:59] | an important little record, in its way. | 它可能是个非常重要的记录 |
[56:01] | You know, full of history we should learn from. | 你知道的 充满了值得我们学习的历史 |
[56:03] | – It is. – Yeah. | – 是的 – 对 |
[56:08] | Look, maybe the, um, | 听着 也许 嗯 |
[56:10] | the Wiener archive might like it. In London. | 维纳档案馆会喜欢 就在伦敦 |
[56:13] | Yeah? | 是吗? |
[56:14] | I know people on the board, I could mention it. | 我认识董事会里的人 我可以提一下 |
[56:17] | Yeah, well, it’ll probably just gather dust there. | 好吧 放在那它可能只会积灰 |
[56:20] | I mean, I tried showing it to the Editor | 我想说 我试着把它交给 |
[56:22] | of the Maidenhead newspaper, what’s it called? | 梅登黑德报社的记者 叫什么来着? |
[56:24] | The Advertiser or something. | 报广告部主任 还是什么的 |
[56:27] | And, um, it’s funny because when I told him | 有意思的是 当我跟他说起 |
[56:30] | about the refugees, he said, | 有关难民的时候 他说 |
[56:31] | “I don’t quite get the Maidenhead angle.” | “真没看到梅登黑德有关难民的一面” |
[56:35] | So, uh, he’s a bit of a twit, really. | 所以 呃 他就是一个笨蛋 真的 |
[56:36] | Well, you might like to donate it to a museum. | 那 你可以把它捐给博物馆啊 |
[56:38] | In Prague? Or in Israel? | 布拉格或者以色列的 |
[56:41] | Most of the children were Jewish, after all. | 毕竟 大多数孩子都是犹太人 |
[56:43] | Prague. | 布拉格… |
[56:46] | Well… Yeah. | 好吧… 对 |
[56:50] | Tell me something… | 你跟我说… |
[56:54] | Do you ever think about the children | 你有没有想过这些孩子们 |
[56:55] | and what happened to them? | 以及他们发生了什么? |
[56:57] | Yes, yes, I do. From time to time. | 有 有 想过 时不时就会想 |
[56:59] | Do you? | 你呢? |
[57:02] | No, not really. | 没有 完全没有 |
[57:03] | Well, maybe a little, recently. | 好吧 也许最近有点吧 |
[57:06] | It is incredible. What you achieved. | 你的成就令人难以置信 |
[57:10] | Oh, I don’t think of it that way. | 哦 我可不这么认为 |
[57:11] | No, no, no, no, I mean it. | 不 不 不 不 我说真的 |
[57:13] | Truly. | 真心的 |
[57:15] | I mean, you should be proud. | 我是说 你应该感到自豪 |
[57:16] | – Well. – Save one life, | – 好吧 – 拯救他人生命 |
[57:18] | save the world. You know? | 拯救世界 你知道吧? |
[57:21] | Well, it’s nothing to brag about. | 这没什么好炫耀的 |
[57:24] | I mean, look at Doreen and, uh, Trevor. | 我是说 看看多琳 还有 特雷弗 |
[57:26] | They did far more than I did | 他们做的比我多得多 |
[57:27] | and they took all the risks. | 他们承担了所有的风险 |
[57:28] | And they actually stayed in Prague. | 实际上他们还留在了布拉格 |
[57:31] | You know, Nicky, telling people isn’t bragging. | 知道吗 尼克 将真相告诉大众可不是吹牛 |
[57:36] | No. | 不是 |
[58:11] | Hampstead, 7946. | 汉普斯特德 7946 |
[58:13] | The Germans crossed the frontier this morning. | 德国人今天早上越过边境了 |
[58:15] | They’ve already taken over | 他们已经接管了 |
[58:16] | – the ministry. – Oh, God. | – 政府部门 – 噢 天哪 |
[58:18] | Hitler’s motorcade just went past the hotel. | 希特勒的车队刚经过酒店 |
[58:21] | He was waving. | 他正在挥手 |
[58:34] | What does this mean? For us? | 这意味着什么?对我们而言? |
[58:38] | I have to go. We need to check safe houses. | 我得走了 我们需要确认安全屋 |
[58:42] | Just be careful. | 注意安全 |
[58:44] | Doreen? Doree… | 多琳?多… |
[58:55] | It’s not safe for them here. Please, get them home. | 他们在这里不安全 请带他们回家 |
[58:59] | Just make sure all the lists are locked up. | 确保把所有名单都封锁好 |
[59:30] | Downing Street has advised | 唐宁街表示 |
[59:32] | that this development does not mean that Germany is at war. | 这一事态发展并不意味着德国处于战争状态 |
[59:35] | The Germans are understood to have taken | 据悉 德国人已经 |
[59:37] | an administrative position in Czechoslovakia, | 在捷克斯洛伐克获得了行政地位 |
[59:40] | replacing the government in Prague. | 取代了布拉格政府 |
[59:42] | Flights from Prague… | 从布拉格起飞的航班… |
[59:43] | What happens now? | 现在怎么办? |
[59:45] | We work harder. | 我们要更努力工作 |
[59:47] | Instead of standing here wringing our hands in despair. | 而不是站在这里绝望地束手就擒 |
[59:51] | We need more trains. | 我们需要更多地火车 |
[59:53] | We do whatever it takes to make that happen. | 我们要不惜一切代价实现这个目标 |
[59:55] | We find more homes. | 我们要找更多的家庭 |
[59:57] | We place the children faster. | 要更快地安置孩子 |
[59:59] | We’re doing as much as we can. | 我们已经尽力了 |
[1:00:01] | It’s not enough, though, is it? | 但这还不够 不是吗? |
[1:00:06] | Look, we cannot… | 听着 我们不能… |
[1:00:08] | we cannot let these people down. | 我们不能让这些人失望 |
[1:00:11] | Well, they tell us the borders are still open. | 好吧 他们跟我们说边境仍然是开放的 |
[1:00:13] | The thing is now every visa has to be approved | 现在的问题是 所有签证都要经过 |
[1:00:17] | and stamped by the Gestapo. | 盖世太保的批准和盖章 |
[1:00:19] | The bastards are all over bloody everything now. | 那些混蛋现在是无孔不入 |
[1:00:25] | Mr Winton? Oh, yeah. Oh, hello. | 温顿先生?是 哦 你好 |
[1:00:27] | The New Statesman. | 《新政治家》 |
[1:00:29] | Oh, hi. | 哦 嗨 |
[1:00:30] | Uh, shall we speak as we go? | 我们边走边聊吧 |
[1:00:32] | Uh, yes, please. | 嗯 好的 请 |
[1:00:33] | I don’t think I can recall | 我想我从来没见过 |
[1:00:34] | ever seeing anything quite so moving. | 这么令人感动的事 |
[1:00:38] | How many are there? There must be, uh, nearly a hundred. | 有多少?肯定有 呃 近百人了吧 |
[1:00:40] | Uh, yes, yes. Well over a hundred. | 呃 是 是的 一百多个 |
[1:00:42] | Hello. Uh, and this is our largest transport so far. | 这是目前我们最大的运力了 |
[1:00:47] | And this is your fourth train. | 这是你的第四班火车了 |
[1:00:48] | Are there more planned? | 还有更多计划吗? |
[1:00:49] | Yes, absolutely. | 有 当然有 |
[1:00:51] | The fifth traings only a few weeks away | 再过几个星期就要开第五班火车 |
[1:00:53] | with more trains already booked. | 更多的班次也都已经定好了 |
[1:00:55] | The eighth is confirmed, and the ninth’s in preparation | 第八班车已经确认 第九班正在准备 |
[1:00:59] | and, um, hundreds of children ready to board, | 还有 数百名儿童正准备登车 |
[1:01:01] | but there are thousands more who need our help | 但在捷克斯洛伐克还有数千名儿童 |
[1:01:03] | all over Czechoslovakia. | 需要我们的帮助 |
[1:01:05] | And these are children who are homeless, they’re starving. | 这些孩子无家可归 他们正在挨饿 |
[1:01:08] | And we don’t know how long the border will remain open. | 我们不知道边境还会开放多久 |
[1:01:11] | So, we do desperately need donations and foster homes. | 所以 我们迫切需要捐款和寄养家庭 |
[1:01:21] | – Hello? – Nicky. | – 喂?- 尼克 |
[1:01:22] | Nicky, it’s me. | 尼克 是我 |
[1:01:24] | Um, look, we have one or two missing from the next list. | 听着 我们下批名单中少了一两个人 |
[1:01:27] | – Missing? – Yes, I don’t know. | – 不见了?- 是的 我也不知道 |
[1:01:29] | Either they panicked or… or they were arrested. | 是他们惊慌失措了还是被捕了 |
[1:01:34] | Uh, right. Well, um, you’d better give me their names. | 哦 好 你最好把他们的名字告诉我 |
[1:01:39] | This one, ah. | 是这个 啊 |
[1:01:41] | That’s her. Lenka Weiss. | 就是她 伦卡·韦斯 |
[1:01:46] | There was a baby, too. | 还有个婴儿 |
[1:01:51] | Damn. | 该死 |
[1:01:56] | Nicky, | 尼克 |
[1:01:58] | you must know we cannot save them all. | 你要知道我们救不了他们所有人 |
[1:02:02] | You have to forgive yourself that. | 你必须原谅自己 |
[1:02:31] | If you want Leadbetter, he’s on his hols. | 你是在找利德贝特吗?他度假了 |
[1:02:34] | Week in Eastbourne, shame about the rain. | 要在伊斯特本待一周 因为下雨 不好意思 |
[1:02:36] | Look, I urgently need three visas | 听着 我急需三张 |
[1:02:38] | for a transport leaving Prague next week. | 下周离开布拉格的签证 |
[1:02:40] | Sorry. Can’t help you there. | 对不起 我帮不了你 |
[1:02:48] | – Trevor. – Is everything all right? | – 特雷弗 – 一切都好吧? |
[1:02:49] | Listen, we’re three visas short, | 听着 我们还差三张签证 |
[1:02:52] | Isabel Keller and Eva and Vera Diamantova. | 给伊莎贝尔·凯勒 伊娃还有维拉·迪亚曼托娃的 |
[1:02:57] | Is there anything you can do? | 你那有什么办法吗? |
[1:03:12] | I don’t know what you’re doing. | 我不知道你在干什么 |
[1:03:15] | But if you’re doing what I think you’re doing, | 但如果你在做我认为你在做的那件事 |
[1:03:18] | I don’t want to know. | 我不想知道 |
[1:03:23] | Train leaves at eight. | 火车8点钟开 |
[1:04:01] | – Where is he? – I don’t know. | – 他在哪?- 我不知道 |
[1:04:03] | He should have been here an hour ago. | 他一小时前就该到了 |
[1:04:15] | – Do you have them? – Yes. | – 你找到他们没?- 找到了 |
[1:04:17] | We have them. | 我们找到他们了 |
[1:05:39] | They’ve left Prague. | 他们已经离开布拉格了 |
[1:06:25] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:06:48] | Why does England want all these Jews? | 英国为什么要这么多犹太人? |
[1:07:09] | Miss Howson from Putney, please. | 帕特尼的豪森小姐 请问在吗? |
[1:07:13] | Diamantova, Eva. | 迪亚曼托娃 伊娃 |
[1:07:16] | Um, along here, please. Uh, yes, sir. | 嗯 请这边走 好的 先生 |
[1:07:19] | Thank you, Mrs MacFarlane. | 谢谢 麦克法兰夫人 |
[1:07:21] | Mrs MacFarlane? | 麦克法兰夫人在哪? |
[1:07:23] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:07:25] | Thank you. There they are. | 谢谢 他们在那 |
[1:07:28] | Thank you. Uh, Diamantova, Vera. | 谢谢 啊 迪亚曼托瓦 维拉 |
[1:07:31] | Lovely to meet you. | 很高兴见到你们 |
[1:07:33] | Mrs Rainford. | 雷恩佛夫人 |
[1:07:35] | Yes. Sorry, excuse me. | 在 对不起 打扰一下 |
[1:07:39] | Hello, dear. | 你好啊 亲爱的 |
[1:07:41] | – Hello. – Thank you. | – 你好 – 谢谢 |
[1:07:45] | Come along. | 过来 |
[1:07:49] | Are you hungry? | 你饿么? |
[1:07:50] | Someone needs to tell these people | 得有人告诉这些人 |
[1:07:52] | that they’ve only got the children temporarily. | 他们只是暂时照顾孩子 |
[1:07:53] | They’ve all got families to return to. | 他们都有家要回去的 |
[1:07:58] | Our most urgent cases yet. | 这些是我们最紧急的事情 |
[1:07:59] | They’re booked on a train, the ninth train, | 他们预定了一列火车 |
[1:08:01] | in three days’ time. | 三天后的第九班车 |
[1:08:03] | Please, Leadbetter. | 拜托了 利德贝特 |
[1:08:13] | We’ll do it. Of course. | 当然可以 我们来处理 |
[1:08:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:08:42] | Hello? | 喂? |
[1:08:54] | Today’s main event. | 今日要闻 |
[1:08:56] | Germany has invaded Poland and has bombed many towns. | 德国入侵波兰并轰炸了许多城镇 |
[1:09:01] | General mobilisation has been ordered in Britain and France. | 英法两国已下令全面动员 |
[1:09:05] | Parliament was summoned for six o’clock this evening. | 今晚6点 国会召开会议 |
[1:09:09] | The mobilisation of the navy, army and the air force… | 动员海陆空三军… |
[1:09:12] | Winton, where’re you going? Winton? | 温顿 你要去哪 温顿? |
[1:09:15] | There’s nothing you can do for them now. | 你现在什么也帮不了他们了 |
[1:09:17] | Winton! | 温顿 |
[1:09:29] | Excuse me. Excuse me. | 借过 借过 |
[1:09:31] | – Excuse me. – Stop pushing. | – 借过一下 – 别挤了 |
[1:09:32] | Look, listen, what’s happening to the international trains? | 听着 国际列车怎么了? |
[1:09:34] | I don’t know any more than you do. | 我知道的并不比你多 |
[1:09:35] | There’s a train due to leave from Prague. | 布拉格有趟火车要开了 |
[1:09:37] | You need to go to the station now. | 你得马上去车站 |
[1:09:39] | I am staying to help. | 我留下来帮忙 |
[1:09:41] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[1:09:42] | If they catch you, I can’t protect you. Go, now! | 如果他们抓到你 我就没法保护你了 快去 现在 |
[1:10:31] | Trevor. | 特雷弗 |
[1:10:32] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗? |
[1:10:33] | Yes, I am. | 是的 我很好 |
[1:10:34] | I’m… I’m going to go back to Doreen. | 我… 我要回去找多琳 |
[1:10:36] | – Should I… – You should leave now. | – 我该… – 你该马上离开 |
[1:10:38] | You have your papers. Go with the children. | 你有证件 和孩子们一起走 |
[1:10:41] | See you in London. | 伦敦见 |
[1:10:42] | Be careful. | 注意安全 |
[1:10:45] | You too. Bye. | 你也是 再见 |
[1:11:30] | – Hello. – Hello, darling. | – 好啊 – 好 亲爱的 |
[1:11:32] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[1:11:34] | Ah. Mm. | 啊 嗯 |
[1:11:37] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[1:11:45] | Goodness. | 天哪 |
[1:11:47] | Come and see this. | 过来看看这个 |
[1:11:50] | Big surprise. | 大惊喜 |
[1:12:02] | Well… | 好吧… |
[1:12:04] | You have got a lot done. | 你做了很多事嘛 |
[1:12:07] | Yeah. Do you want a cup of tea? | 是啊 要喝茶吗? |
[1:12:20] | Hello, Mr Winton. | 你好 温顿先生 |
[1:12:22] | This is Karl Caplan at the Weiner Library. | 我是维纳图书馆的卡尔·卡普兰 |
[1:12:24] | Uh, Martin Blake | 呃 马丁·布莱克 |
[1:12:25] | gave us your details. Oh. | 跟我们说了你的详细情况 哦 |
[1:12:27] | We have a researcher who we think | 我们有一位研究员 |
[1:12:28] | might find your archives very interesting. | 我们觉得他可能会对你的档案很感兴趣 |
[1:12:31] | So, if you can, please call us back on 01-636-7247. | 所以 如果可以的话 请拨打 01- 636- 7247 给我们回电 |
[1:12:37] | We look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks. | 我们期待着你的来电 多谢 |
[1:12:42] | Um, I just mentioned it in passing. | 嗯 我只是顺便提了一下 |
[1:12:45] | – Hmm. – But, uh, | – 嗯 – 但是… |
[1:12:48] | Martin, uh, he got straight onto them. | 马丁 呃 他就直接找到他们了 |
[1:12:52] | And, uh… You know… | 然后… 你知道了… |
[1:12:55] | But I don’t want it to go into a library. | 但我不想把它放到图书馆 |
[1:12:58] | Why not? | 为什么不? |
[1:12:59] | Oh, well, it won’t teach anyone anything | 好吧 任何束之高阁的东西 |
[1:13:02] | stuck on the shelf. | 都教育不到任何人 |
[1:13:08] | Then call them. | 那就打电话给他们 |
[1:13:11] | Talk to them. | 跟他们谈谈 |
[1:13:17] | Yes. Well, I’m very grateful. | 是的 嗯 我很感激 |
[1:13:20] | Well, we look forward to seeing you. | 好的 我们期待着和你见面 |
[1:13:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:13:28] | Tell me. | 跟我说说 |
[1:13:30] | Well, there’s this woman who wants to see the scrapbook. | 好吧 有个女人想看看剪贴簿 |
[1:13:33] | She’s a historian, | 她是一位历史学家 |
[1:13:35] | married to some… a man from Czechoslovakia. | 嫁给了一些… 一个捷克斯洛伐克人 |
[1:13:37] | His name is Robert Maxwell. | 他叫罗伯特·麦克斯韦尔 |
[1:13:39] | The newspaper man? | 那个新闻记者? |
[1:13:41] | Yes, that’s right and, uh, | 是的 没错 还有 |
[1:13:43] | she’s running some kind of a conference | 她正在开什么会议 |
[1:13:46] | and she wants to meet me. | 还说她想要见我 |
[1:13:48] | Elizabeth Maxwell, she calls herself Betty. | 她叫伊丽莎白·麦克斯韦 自称贝蒂 |
[1:13:51] | She’s French, apparently. | 她是个法国人 显而易见 |
[1:14:22] | I’m Nicholas Winton. | 我是尼古拉斯·温顿 |
[1:14:24] | Good afternoon. We’ve been expecting you. | 下午好 我们一直在等你 |
[1:14:33] | Oh. Oh, thank you so much | 哦 哦 非常感谢你 |
[1:14:35] | for coming all this way. | 能千里迢迢赶过来 |
[1:14:37] | Here it is. The scrapbook. | 东西在这 剪贴簿 |
[1:14:41] | Um, relates back | 嗯 这跟二战前 |
[1:14:44] | to some time I spent in Prague before the war. | 我在布拉格的一段经历有关 |
[1:14:47] | It’s a little heavy, I’m afraid. | 恐怕有点重 |
[1:14:51] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:14:54] | Now, a lot of that stuff is just touristy stuff. | 里面很多东西只是一些旅游时的物件 |
[1:14:57] | Postcards and so on and so forth. | 像明信片之类的 |
[1:15:00] | And, uh… Yes, there are all… That’s it. | 而且 呃… 它们都… 就这 |
[1:15:03] | There’re some letters | 有几封信 |
[1:15:04] | relating to the transport of children, | 是关于把孩子们送到 |
[1:15:07] | – uh, to Britain. – Ah. | – 英国的 – 啊 |
[1:15:10] | These are the eight children you saved? | 这就是你救的那八个孩子吗? |
[1:15:12] | No, no. It was a few more than that. | 不 不 不止这些 |
[1:15:14] | If you turn the pages, you can see. | 如果你往后翻 就会看到 |
[1:15:17] | I sent out those cards, uh for people to, | 我把这些卡片寄出去 呃 好让人们 |
[1:15:20] | uh, choose, you know? | 去挑选 懂吗? |
[1:15:21] | And, I must say it was a bit like, um, | 我必须说这有点像 嗯 |
[1:15:23] | it was bit like selling soap powder, | 有点像卖肥皂粉 |
[1:15:25] | if you know what I mean. | 如果你明白我什么意思 |
[1:15:27] | I couldn’t for the life of me think how else I could, | 我这辈子都想不出还有什么办法 |
[1:15:29] | uh, find enough families to take in so many kids. | 能找到足够多的家庭来接纳这么多孩子 |
[1:15:31] | Uh, forgive me but how many children | 哦 不要意思 |
[1:15:33] | are we speaking about? | 到底有多少孩子? |
[1:15:34] | Oh. Uh… 669. | 哦 呃… 669个 |
[1:15:38] | We successfully placed. | 我们成功安置了669个 |
[1:15:41] | You… You… You brought 669 children | 你… 你… 你从布拉格 |
[1:15:44] | from Prague to England? | 带回了669个孩子到英国? |
[1:15:45] | Well, I mean with my colleagues | 我是说 是我和我的同事 |
[1:15:49] | Doreen Warriner, | 像多琳·沃里纳 |
[1:15:50] | Trevor Chadwick, and Hana and um… | 特雷弗·查德威克 哈娜还有… |
[1:15:52] | But there were so many other people involved, you know, | 当时还有很多其他人参与其中 你明白? |
[1:15:54] | and my own mother. She was a great help. | 还有我自己的母亲 她帮了我很大的忙 |
[1:15:57] | And I suppose… | 我想… |
[1:15:58] | I suppose I’m the only one left, now. | 我想现在就只剩我一个了 |
[1:16:00] | At least I think I am. | 至少我认为我是 |
[1:16:04] | Uh, the children that are crossed out | 啊 那些被划掉的孩子 |
[1:16:06] | are the ones we found homes for. | 是我们为他们找到寄养家庭的 |
[1:16:07] | And the faces that are not crossed out? | 那些没被划掉的呢? |
[1:16:10] | Ah, well, they were the less fortunate | 好吧 他们就没那么幸运了 |
[1:16:13] | and, uh, it was a lottery, I’m afraid. | 呃 恐怕就跟中彩票一样 |
[1:16:21] | You wrote to the president of the United States? | 你还给美国总统写信了? |
[1:16:23] | Fat lot of good he was. | 一点用都没有 |
[1:16:25] | I never heard back from him. | 我从没有收到他的回信 |
[1:16:28] | Yeah, it’s disappointing, I must say. | 是啊 不得不说 太令人失望了 |
[1:16:31] | Oh, yes, now, these, uh… | 哦 是的 现在这些… |
[1:16:33] | Those there are the names of the children | 这些是孩子们的名字 |
[1:16:35] | and their new addresses. | 还有他们的新地址 |
[1:16:39] | Excuse me, Mr Winton. | 不好意思 温顿先生 |
[1:16:41] | This is not exactly what I was expecting. | 这和我想的不太一样 |
[1:16:43] | I’m a little taken aback | 你的行动规模 |
[1:16:44] | at the scale of your operation. | 让我有点吃惊 |
[1:16:46] | Oh. Oh, you know, | 哦 哦 知道吗 |
[1:16:48] | if we’d had more money, more time | 如果那时我们有更多的钱 更多的时间 |
[1:16:51] | and more government support | 有更多的政府支持 |
[1:16:53] | we could’ve done a lot more, I think. | 我想我们可以做得更多 |
[1:16:58] | Blank pages? | 这些空白页? |
[1:17:00] | Yeah. That was the last train. | 是的 那是最后一班火车 |
[1:17:06] | Something happened to the last train? | 最后一班车出什么事了? |
[1:17:10] | Yes, it was the ninth train. | 是的 那是第九班火车 |
[1:17:13] | It was our largest group of 250 children and uh… | 那是我们最大规模的一次 有250个孩子… |
[1:17:19] | It was the 1st of September, 1939. | 那天是1939年的9月1日 |
[1:17:23] | The same day that Hitler invaded Poland. | 那一天希特勒入侵了波兰 |
[1:17:25] | The very start of the war. | 二战正式开始 |
[1:18:27] | Hana. | 汉娜 |
[1:18:28] | Trevor! | 特雷弗 |
[1:18:30] | Hana! | 汉娜 |
[1:18:32] | Hana! | 汉娜 |
[1:18:38] | That was the end of that. | 事情到此就结束了 |
[1:18:40] | Bloody Hitler, that’s all I can say. | 该死的希特勒 我只能这么说 |
[1:18:46] | We had hundreds of foster families waiting, | 我们有数百个寄养家庭在等着 |
[1:18:49] | ready to welcome them, but… | 准备欢迎他们 但是… |
[1:18:51] | yeah. | 嗯 |
[1:19:06] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[1:19:16] | Take milk? | 要喝牛奶吗? |
[1:19:17] | Uh, no, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[1:19:19] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:19:22] | That’s wonderful. Thank you. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[1:19:29] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:19:33] | Must be very difficult for you | 知道那些孩子的遭遇 |
[1:19:34] | knowing what happened to those children. | 对你来说一定很难受 |
[1:19:37] | Well, I don’t know what happened, do I? | 我也不知道发生了什么 不是吗?? |
[1:19:39] | They were taken off the train, | 他们被带下火车 |
[1:19:41] | returned to their families and… | 回到家人身边 然后… |
[1:19:44] | that was the end of that. | 就这样结束了 |
[1:19:48] | Surely, I’m almost certain | 当然 我几乎可以肯定 |
[1:19:49] | that they perished in the camps? | 他们是不是都死在集中营里了? |
[1:19:54] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:20:39] | Well, you may be right about those children, Mrs Maxwell. | 关于那些孩子 你可能是对的 麦克斯韦太太 |
[1:20:43] | But I’ve learned to keep my imagination in check. | 但我已经学会了控制自己的想象力 |
[1:20:47] | Uh, so I can still be of use | 这样 我还能派上用场 |
[1:20:49] | and not go raving mad. | 也不至于疯掉 |
[1:20:56] | Mr Winton, | 温顿先生 |
[1:20:59] | around 15, 000 children | 大约有15000名儿童 |
[1:21:02] | went into concentration camps in Czechoslovakia | 被关进了捷克斯洛伐克的集中营 |
[1:21:05] | and, uh, less than 200 of them survived, | 其中只有不到200人幸存下来 |
[1:21:09] | and you saved 669. | 而你却救了669人 |
[1:21:15] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:21:18] | Ah. | 啊 |
[1:21:20] | Anyway, I’d best, uh, I’d better be going | 不管怎样 我最好 最好现在就走了 |
[1:21:22] | because my wife is expecting me and I don’t want… | 因为我妻子在等我 我不想… |
[1:21:25] | I don’t want to get into any trouble, | 我不想惹上任何麻烦 |
[1:21:27] | if you know what I mean. | 如果你懂我意思的话 |
[1:21:28] | I would like very much | 如果可以的话 |
[1:21:30] | to hold on to your scrapbook, if I may. | 我非常想留下你的剪贴簿 |
[1:21:34] | – Well, all right. – And… | – 好吧 没问题 – 还有… |
[1:21:38] | with your permission, I would like to show it to my husband. | 如果你允许的话 我想让我丈夫看看 |
[1:21:43] | I’m sure he will consider it a very important story. | 我相信他一定会认为这是一个非常重要的故事 |
[1:21:48] | Oh. Well, thank you. | 哦 好的 谢谢你 |
[1:21:51] | Thank you. | 得谢谢你 |
[1:21:54] | As many of you will know, | 你们很多人都知道 |
[1:21:56] | our group was founded in 1965 | 我们组织成立于1965年 |
[1:21:59] | to encourage friendship between Maidenhead | 旨在促进梅登黑德 |
[1:22:01] | and its twin towns across Europe. | 与它两个欧洲兄弟城市之间的友谊 |
[1:22:06] | We were met at the airport by Maria Bechtler | 玛丽亚·贝赫特勒在机场接我们 |
[1:22:10] | and travelled by coach to Bad Godesberg, | 然后乘长途汽车前往巴德戈德斯堡 |
[1:22:13] | where we were given a warm… | 在那我们受到了热情的… . – |
[1:22:17] | All right? | 还好吧? |
[1:22:21] | Where we were given a warm Willkommen… | 在那我们受到了女主人 |
[1:22:24] | by our hostesses. | 热烈欢迎 |
[1:22:52] | Thank you, darling. Don’t trip, it’s heavy. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 别绊倒了 很重的 |
[1:22:56] | Hey, Steve. | 嗨 史蒂夫 |
[1:22:57] | Don’t strain yourself, will you? | 别太勉强自己了 好吗? |
[1:22:58] | – Here. Let me. – Give me a hand. | – 来 给我吧 – 帮我一下 |
[1:23:00] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[1:23:01] | I can’t get over all the space, Dad. | 这空间也太大了 爸爸 |
[1:23:02] | Hey, you could fit in a playpen in here. | 嘿 你可以在这放个婴儿围栏 |
[1:23:05] | Oh, no. | 哦 不 |
[1:23:06] | It looks lovely, doesn’t it? | 看起来很漂亮 对吧? |
[1:23:08] | – Doesn’t it? – Yeah. Doesn’t it, Dad? | – 是吗?- 是啊 难道不是吗 爸爸? |
[1:23:11] | Yes. | 是 |
[1:23:12] | Don’t set it on fire. | 别把它给点着了 |
[1:23:13] | Nicky! | 尼克 |
[1:23:14] | Well, you did last year, didn’t you? | 好吧 你去年就点着了 不是吗? |
[1:23:16] | – I did not. – Yes, you did | – 我没有 – 有 你点了 |
[1:23:17] | – and the year before that. – No. | – 前年也是 – 没有 |
[1:23:18] | He loves to tease, doesn’t he? | 他就爱开玩笑 不是吗? |
[1:23:19] | – Huh? – Oh, it looks lovely. | – 啊?- 哦 看起来好漂亮 |
[1:23:21] | Some of them new, aren’t they? | 有些是新的 对吧? |
[1:23:23] | – Well, merry Christmas. – Merry Christmas. | – 好吧 圣诞快乐 – 圣诞快乐 |
[1:23:25] | Merry Christmas. Cheers. | 圣诞快乐 干杯 |
[1:23:41] | It’s for you. | 这是寄给你的 |
[1:23:42] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:23:51] | Oh, this is interesting. | 哦 有意思 |
[1:23:53] | What is it? | 什么东西? |
[1:23:54] | It’s from the Editor of the Sunday Mirror. | 《星期日镜报》编辑寄来的 |
[1:23:57] | “We would very much like to publish a major article | 我们非常希望发表一篇重要文章 |
[1:24:00] | “detailing the child evacuation.” | 详细介绍儿童撤离的情况 |
[1:24:03] | But… That’s marvellous. | 可是… 这也太棒了 |
[1:24:04] | Oh, yes. It says, | 哦 是的 它还说 |
[1:24:06] | “With wider publicity in mind, | 考虑到更广泛的宣传 |
[1:24:09] | “I have been talking | 我一直在跟BBC电视台 |
[1:24:11] | “to the BBC Television programme That’s Life!” | 《这就是人生》栏目组在谈 |
[1:24:14] | Surely not. | 不会吧 |
[1:24:15] | Yes, they want me to go in and, uh, | 是的 他们想让我参加 |
[1:24:17] | check the historical accuracy. | 并核实下这段历史的真实性 |
[1:24:19] | But that’s such a silly show. | 但那是一个很傻的节目 |
[1:24:22] | – What? – That’s Life! | – 什么?- 《这就是人生》 |
[1:24:23] | It’s a very silly show. | 是个很傻的节目 |
[1:24:25] | It is. | 的确 |
[1:24:26] | Well, it’s very popular, isn’t it? | 可是 它很受欢迎 不是吗? |
[1:24:27] | I mean, a lot of people watch it. | 我是说 很多人都会看 |
[1:24:31] | Should I come with you? | 要我跟你一起去吗? |
[1:24:32] | Why would you want to come with me | 既然你觉得这节目很傻 |
[1:24:34] | if you think it’s so silly? | 为什么还要跟我一起去? |
[1:24:48] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:24:51] | Hello. Hi, Mr Winton, such a pleasure to meet you. | 你好 温顿先生 很高兴见到你 |
[1:24:55] | Just gonna take you through here. | 我带你过去 |
[1:24:57] | – Yes. – This way. | – 好 – 这边请 |
[1:25:00] | What exactly am I to do? | 我要做些什么呢? |
[1:25:01] | Oh, they’re going to explain all that. | 哦 他们会跟你解释的 |
[1:25:03] | – Oh. – It’s just through here. | – 哦 – 穿过这里就到了 |
[1:25:04] | All right. | 好的 |
[1:25:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:25:09] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:17] | Camera six. | 6号摄像机 |
[1:25:19] | Can you come from the other side? | 你能从另一边过来吗? |
[1:25:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:25] | Thirty seconds to on air. | 30秒后开始直播 |
[1:25:31] | Okay, and you are just here. | 好了 你就坐在这里 |
[1:25:35] | – Couldn’t I sit farther back? – I’m afraid not. | – 我不能坐得靠后一点吗?- 恐怕不行 |
[1:25:38] | Oh, I’d rather be backstage. | 哦 我宁愿待在后台 |
[1:25:39] | I’m… I’m really, really sorry. | 我… 我真的 很抱歉 |
[1:25:40] | It’s just they told me to put you here | 他们只是让我把你安排在这 |
[1:25:42] | and we’re running out of time. | 而且我们也没时间了 |
[1:25:43] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:25:54] | Who’s that? | 那是谁? |
[1:26:14] | Hello. Good evening. | 你好 晚上好 |
[1:26:24] | And would you want to be treated by this dentist | 你愿意接受巴斯这位名叫 |
[1:26:27] | in Bath who goes by the name Mr F Illing? | F·林先生的牙医的治疗吗? |
[1:26:33] | Esther. | 艾斯特 |
[1:26:36] | Now, an extraordinary story has come to light | 现在 有个非同寻常的故事浮出水面 |
[1:26:39] | about a young man who, | 这是关于一个年轻人 |
[1:26:40] | many years ago, visited Prague, | 很多年前的一个年轻人 在访问布拉格时 |
[1:26:43] | and what he found there was a terrible situation. | 在当地的一个可怕境遇 |
[1:26:47] | Thousands of refugees stranded, | 成千上万的难民被困 |
[1:26:49] | living in desperate conditions, | 生活在绝望的环境中 |
[1:26:52] | and at the mercy of Hitler’s imminent invasion. | 任由希特勒即将到来的入侵摆布 |
[1:26:55] | This young man, whose name was Nicholas Winton, | 这位名叫尼古拉斯·温顿的年轻人 |
[1:26:59] | decided that something had to be done. | 他决定必须做点什么 |
[1:27:01] | And so he managed to rescue 669 children. | 为此 他成功地救出了669名儿童 |
[1:27:07] | This is his scrapbook. | 这是他的剪贴簿 |
[1:27:10] | All sorts of fascinating photographs. | 各种各样迷人的照片 |
[1:27:16] | Perhaps you can see… | 或许你们能看到… |
[1:27:19] | Here’s a photograph of Nicholas Winton himself, | 这是尼古拉斯·温顿本人 |
[1:27:22] | with one of the children he rescued. | 和他救出的一个孩子的合影 |
[1:27:25] | But at the very back, is a list | 但在最后面 |
[1:27:29] | of all the children | 是他拯救过的 |
[1:27:31] | that he rescued. | 所有孩子的名单 |
[1:27:33] | Here is Vera Diamantova, now Vera Gissing. | 这是维拉·迪亚曼托娃 现在这张是维拉·吉辛 |
[1:27:36] | We found her name on his list. | 我们在他的名单上找到了她的名字 |
[1:27:39] | And Vera is here with us tonight. Hello, Vera. | 维拉今晚也在现场 你好 维拉 |
[1:27:43] | – Hello. – Now, I should tell you | – 你好 – 现在 我要告诉你 |
[1:27:44] | that you are, in fact, sitting next | 事实上 你正坐在 |
[1:27:46] | to Mr Nicholas Winton. | 尼古拉斯·温顿先生的旁边 |
[1:27:49] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:27:52] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:28:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:28:20] | I was reunited with my sister | 几年以后 |
[1:28:21] | a few years later. | 我和妹妹团聚了 |
[1:28:23] | And your parents? | 那你父母呢? |
[1:28:25] | My father was tortured, in Terezin. | 我父亲在特雷津受尽折磨 |
[1:28:29] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:28:30] | And then sent to Auschwitz. | 然后被送到奥斯维辛集中营 |
[1:28:35] | And then on to another labour camp. | 之后又去了另一个劳改营 |
[1:28:37] | Ah. | 啊 |
[1:28:39] | A fellow prisoner told me | 一个狱友告诉我的 |
[1:28:40] | he thought he’d been shot on the Death March. | 他认为他在死亡行军中被枪杀了 |
[1:28:45] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[1:28:48] | My mother, um, died of typhus. | 我母亲 死于斑疹伤寒 |
[1:28:52] | – So sorry. – Contracted at Belsen. | – 对不起 – 在贝尔森感染的 |
[1:28:56] | But she knew that we were safe. | 但她知道我们是安全的 |
[1:28:58] | For a mother, that is everything. | 对于一个母亲来说 这就是一切 |
[1:29:03] | And, um, my cousins, Honza and Tommy | 还有我的堂兄弟 翁扎和汤米 |
[1:29:09] | were on the last train. | 上了最后一班火车 |
[1:29:13] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:29:14] | Though I never saw them again, of course. | 当然 我再也没见过他们 |
[1:29:48] | Nicky. | 尼克 |
[1:30:01] | Nicky. | 尼克 |
[1:30:39] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:30:53] | I’m sorry. Very sorry. | 对不起 非常对不起 |
[1:30:55] | Don’t. | 你没有 |
[1:31:03] | I’ll get it. | 我去开 |
[1:31:09] | Nicky! You’ve not called me back. | 尼基 你没回我电话 |
[1:31:11] | I left messages! | 我给你留言了 |
[1:31:12] | – Doesn’t it follow that I don’t want to talk to you? – Oh, come on, come on, let me do a piece. | – 这是不是意味着我不想和你说话?- 哦 拜托 让我来写一篇 |
[1:31:16] | No, thanks. | 不 谢谢 |
[1:31:17] | Come on. It’s such a brilliant story, Nicky. | 拜托 这故事太精彩了 尼基 |
[1:31:19] | You’re a hero. Nicky, please. Please. | 你是个英雄 尼克 求你了 拜托 |
[1:31:23] | What… It’s not about me. | 什么… 这不是关于我的 |
[1:31:25] | Nicky, come on, | 尼克 求你了 |
[1:31:26] | give me a chance. | 给我一个机会 |
[1:31:30] | Maidenhead, 3310. | 梅登黑德 3310 |
[1:31:31] | Hello, is Mister Winton there, please? | 你好 请问温顿先生在吗? |
[1:31:33] | No, he’s not available. Can I ask who’s calling? | 不 他现在不在 请问您是哪位? |
[1:31:36] | This is Katinka Blackford from That’s Life! | 我是来自《这就是人生》栏目组的卡廷卡·布莱克福德 |
[1:31:39] | Oh. Oh, I see. | 哦 哦 我明白了 |
[1:31:43] | Two more children, huh? | 又有两个孩子 哈? |
[1:31:46] | They… They phoned in after last week’s show. | 他们… 他们在上周节目播出后打来电话 |
[1:31:50] | Yeah. | 噢 |
[1:31:53] | They so desperately want to meet you. | 他们迫切想见见你 |
[1:32:01] | You don’t have to do it. | 你也不是非得要去 |
[1:32:04] | Don’t I? | 是吗? |
[1:32:07] | I asked them to send the children’s details to us. | 我让他们把孩子们的详细资料发给我们 |
[1:32:11] | I won’t have you ambushed again. | 我不会再让人打你伏击了 |
[1:32:25] | Milena… | 尼娜… |
[1:32:27] | Well, goodness. This girl’s done very well for herself. | 天哪 这姑娘过得真好 |
[1:32:30] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:32:31] | Milena is now Lady Grenfell Baines. | 尼娜现在已经是格伦费尔·贝恩斯夫人了 |
[1:32:33] | Oh. | 噢 |
[1:32:34] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:32:42] | – Who’s that? – Hanus. | – 这是谁?- 哈努斯 |
[1:32:45] | Perhaps it’s too much. Perhaps you’ve done enough. | 也许太多了 也许你已经做得够多了 |
[1:32:47] | No, I… | 不 我… |
[1:32:50] | I started the whole thing, so… | 整件事都是我挑起的 所以… |
[1:32:52] | I have to finish it. | 我必须完成它 |
[1:32:57] | Last week was incredible for us here at That’s Life! | 上周对我们《这就是人生》来说是不可思议的 |
[1:33:00] | We told a story that touched the hearts of so many people. | 我们讲了一个故事 触动了很多人的心 |
[1:33:04] | We’ve been overwhelmed by the response. | 大家的反应让我们不知所措 |
[1:33:07] | One of the people who was very affected last week | 上周受到严重影响的人之一 |
[1:33:10] | is with us here tonight. | 今晚也在我们现场 |
[1:33:13] | Milena Fleischmann, now Lady Grenfell Baines, | 尼娜·弗莱希曼 现在是格伦费尔·贝恩斯夫人 |
[1:33:16] | was also one of the children that Nicholas Winton rescued. | 也是尼古拉斯·温顿救出的孩子之一 |
[1:33:21] | Milena, I understand you still have the name tag | 尼娜 我还知道 |
[1:33:25] | that you wore around your neck | 你到现在还留着小时候 |
[1:33:26] | when you arrived here as a little girl. | 来这里时戴在脖子上的名牌 |
[1:33:29] | Yes, I wore this around my neck | 是的 我把这个戴在脖子上 |
[1:33:32] | and this is the actual pass | 这实际上是 |
[1:33:36] | we were given to come to England. | 我们来英国的通行证 |
[1:33:39] | So, I am one of the children that you saved. | 所以 我就是你救过的孩子之一 |
[1:33:48] | Now, Mr Winton, having introduced you to Milena, | 温顿先生 在向您介绍尼娜之后 |
[1:33:51] | there’s somebody else that we’d like to tell you about. | 我们还有其他人的情况要告诉你 |
[1:33:54] | Hanus Schnabel was only 11 when he came over here. | 哈努斯·施纳贝尔来这里时才11岁 |
[1:34:00] | We have his passport | 我们有他的护照 |
[1:34:03] | with all the official stamps in it. | 上面盖满所有的官方公章 |
[1:34:06] | I don’t know whether you can see, | 我不知道你们能不能看见 |
[1:34:09] | but this is how he got here. | 但他就是这样来到这里的 |
[1:34:11] | And he told us… | 他跟我们说… |
[1:34:13] | “I don’t know how my rescue was arranged. | 我不知道对我的营救是如何安排的 |
[1:34:15] | “I had no idea when I left my parents at Prague station | 当我在布拉格车站离开父母时 |
[1:34:18] | “that I would never see them again. | 我不知道我再也见不到他们了 |
[1:34:20] | “My older brother Franta was supposed | 我哥哥弗兰塔本应该 |
[1:34:22] | “to come here by train in September, | 在九月乘火车来这里的 |
[1:34:23] | “but war broke out and I never saw him again either. | 但是战争爆发了 我也没能再见到他 |
[1:34:26] | “I hoped all through the war that they would survive, | 在整个战争期间 我都希望他们能活下来 |
[1:34:29] | “but they were gassed in a concentration camp. | 但他们在集中营里被毒气毒死了 |
[1:34:32] | “I’ve often wondered who was responsible | 我一直想知道是谁 |
[1:34:34] | “for organising my rescue. | 组织了对我的营救 |
[1:34:35] | “I would dearly love to meet him | 我非常想见到他 |
[1:34:37] | “and thank him for helping us children | 并感谢他在没有任何回报的情况下 |
[1:34:39] | “without any hope of acknowledgement.” | 帮助我们这些孩子 |
[1:34:41] | Hanus’ name is on Mr Winton’s list. | 哈努斯的名字出现在温顿的名单上 |
[1:34:45] | And Hanus is here with us tonight. | 哈努斯今晚也来了 |
[1:34:51] | Oh. | 哦 |
[1:34:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:34:57] | Now, I don’t want to rush you. | 我不想催你们 |
[1:34:58] | I know you’ve waited a long time for this moment, | 我知道你为这一刻等了很久 |
[1:35:01] | but you’ll be able to talk to Hanus later. | 但你稍后可以和哈努斯再好好聊聊 |
[1:35:05] | However, our evening isn’t quite over. | 不过 我们今晚的节目还没有结束 |
[1:35:12] | Can I ask, is there anyone in the audience tonight | 我能问一下 今晚的观众中 |
[1:35:16] | who owes their life to Nicholas Winton? | 还有谁是尼古拉斯·温顿救的命? |
[1:35:20] | If so, could you stand up, please? | 如果有 请站起来好吗? |
[1:35:41] | Mr Winton, would you like to turn around? | 温顿先生 你能转过身去吗? |
[1:36:03] | You can meet all of these people | 你可以在节目结束后 |
[1:36:04] | properly after the programme. | 和所有这些人好好见面 |
[1:36:07] | In the meantime, Mr Winton, on behalf of all of them, | 与此同时 温顿先生 我谨代表所有人 |
[1:36:12] | thank you very much indeed. | 向你表示衷心的感谢 |
[1:38:18] | See Grandpa? | 看到外公没? |
[1:38:27] | – Hello. Hello, Vera. Come in. – Oh, Nicky. | – 你好 维拉 请进 – 哦 尼克 |
[1:38:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[1:38:32] | – Good, go through. Hello. – Hi. | – 好 进去 你好啊 – 嗨 |
[1:38:35] | What’s your name? Hi, | 你叫什么名字啊?嗨 |
[1:38:37] | – I’m Vera’s daughter. – Hello. | – 我是维拉的女儿 – 你好 |
[1:38:39] | Nice to meet you. Hello. Come through. | 见到你很高兴 你好 快过来 |
[1:38:40] | This is so beautiful. | 这太漂亮了 |
[1:38:41] | Oh, this is Nicola. | 哦 这是妮可拉 |
[1:38:43] | – Oh, hello. Hello. – My daughter. | – 哦 你好 – 我女儿 |
[1:38:44] | And this is Rebecca, my little grandchild. | 这是丽贝卡 我的小孙女 |
[1:38:46] | – Wow. Hello. – Say, “Hello.” | – 哇 你好啊 – 说你好 |
[1:38:47] | Hi. So, you do have a pool. | 嗨 所以 你家真有一个游泳池呀 |
[1:38:49] | We do have a pool. | 我们确实有一个游泳池 |
[1:38:52] | Nicky, turn the music down a little bit, darling. | 尼基 把音乐关小点 亲爱的 |
[1:38:59] | Hello, young man. Hello. | 你好 小伙子 你好 |
[1:39:01] | Right, be careful, though. | 好的 不过要小心点 |
[1:39:03] | Not too fast. | 不要跑太快 |
[1:39:04] | Oh, it’s beautiful, isn’t it? | 哦 真漂亮 不是吗? |
[1:39:06] | Oh, my goodness. | 哦 我的天哪 |
[1:39:08] | Darling, you must be really careful here. | 亲爱的 这里你一定要担心 |
[1:39:09] | Oh, you have a lovely pool, Nicky. | 哦 你有个漂亮的游泳池 尼基 |
[1:39:12] | Yeah. I like to swim. | 是的 我喜欢游泳 |
[1:39:17] | – You remember? – Mm. | – 你还记得?- 嗯 |
[1:39:21] | You all got towels? Yes, yes, yes, yes. | 你们都有毛巾吗?有 有 有 |
[1:39:22] | Can we go in? Yes! | 我们能进去吗?进去吧 |
[1:39:24] | What’s the temperature like? | 气温怎么样? |
[1:39:25] | It’s all right if you’re a penguin. | 没关系 如果你是企鹅的话 |
[1:39:29] | Let’s have a little go, shall we? | 我们去试一试 好吗? |
[1:39:31] | Oh. Gotcha! | 哦 抓到你了 |
[1:39:35] | Oh! | 哦 |
[1:39:42] | Isn’t that lovely. | 这多可爱啊 |
[1:40:09] | 《这就是人生》栏目播出以后 数百名布拉格难民与尼古拉斯·温顿取得了联系 | |
[1:40:34] | 温顿夫妇将这本剪贴簿捐赠给了 以色列的亚德瓦谢姆世界大屠杀纪念中心 | |
[1:40:42] | 尼古拉斯·温顿因对人类的贡献被女王伊丽莎白二世封为爵士 并获得了捷克共和国的最高荣誉 | |
[1:40:55] | 多琳·沃林纳一直留在布拉格 直到盖世太保的逮捕威胁变得太大 在她1972年去世之前 她因在布拉格的工作而被授予大英帝国勋章 |