时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | -(door bangs open) -OFFICER 1: Go, go, go! | |
[00:17] | -OFFICER 1: Doors are closed! -OFFICER 2: Stay inside! | 把门都关上!待在家里! |
[00:22] | BOTH: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god! | -我的天! -我的天! |
[00:25] | -MAN 1: Oh my god, oh my god… -MAN 2: Help me, someone! | -我的天! -来人啊 救命! |
[00:28] | MAN 1: We gotta get her! I’m not leaving her here! | 我们得接上她 我不会抛下她 |
[00:29] | -Oh, and I would? -Of course you would! | -难道我会吗? -你当然会 |
[00:31] | Of course I would! | 我当然会! |
[00:39] | -It’s not what you think. -(sirens wailing) | 不是你们想的那样 两个月前 |
[00:50] | MAN 1: Here’s a thing I don’t get. | 有一件事我不明白 |
[00:52] | People who worry about living in a big city | 那些因为犯罪案件而不敢住在大城市的人 |
[00:55] | because of all the crime. | |
[00:57] | As any true crime aficionado will tell you, | 但任何真实犯罪的发烧友都会告诉你 |
[00:59] | it’s the boondocks you need to worry about. | 你应该担心的是偏远地区 |
[01:02] | I mean, let’s face it. | 我是说 面对现实吧 |
[01:04] | Nobody ever discovered 19 bodies buried | 没有人在14层高的公寓楼后院 |
[01:06] | in the backyard of a 14-story apartment building. | 挖出过19具尸体 |
[01:10] | There’s eyes on you all over the place here. | 这里到处都有人盯着你 |
[01:13] | And New Yorkers have a special way of communicating. | 纽约客们有一种特殊的交流方式 |
[01:16] | And by special, I mean direct. | 我说的“特殊” 意思是直接 |
[01:19] | We’re packed in tight and stacked on top of each other | 这里的建筑物一次挨一个 拥挤不堪 |
[01:23] | like those of us who live… | 正如我们这些住在阿卡尼亚公寓的人 |
[01:25] | at the Arconia. | |
[01:29] | Hey, hold up. Wait, are you… | 嘿 等等 你不是那个… |
[01:32] | -I’m Brazzos. (laughs) -FAN: Oh shit, dude! | -我是布拉佐斯 -我靠 伙计 |
[01:34] | I used to watch that show with my dad | 我小时候经常跟我爸一起看那个剧 |
[01:36] | when I was a kid! That was his favorite! | 那是他的最爱 |
[01:38] | Wait, what was that thing you always said? | 等下 你总说的那句台词是什么来着? |
[01:41] | This sends the investigation into a whole new direction. | “这将调查推向了一个全新的方向” |
[01:44] | FAN: That’s it, man! That’s it! | 就是这句 伙计 |
[01:46] | Oh shit! So cool. | 我的天 太酷了 |
[01:49] | Dad’s got ALS now. | 我爸得了肌萎缩性侧索硬化症 |
[01:52] | He can’t really talk or… | 他现在说不了话了 |
[01:54] | -feed himself anymore. -I’m sorry. | 也无法自主进食 我很遗憾 |
[01:57] | He’s in hospice, but… | 他在临终疗养院 但是… |
[02:00] | he just won’t let go, you know? | 他不愿意离去 知道吗? |
[02:03] | And, honestly, it’d be, like, better for my whole family if… | 老实说 |
[02:07] | if he would. | 如果他现在撒手人寰 反而对我们一家人都好 |
[02:11] | -You want a photo? -FAN: Yes! Of course! | 你要拍张照吗? 当然 太好了 |
[02:14] | Yes! That’d be awesome. Thanks, man! | 那一定很棒 谢谢了 伙计 |
[02:19] | Actually, could you do it landscape? | 你能把后面的景也拍进去吗? |
[02:21] | -Turn it sideways. -FAN: Better if you turn it there. Yeah. | -横过来拍比较好 对 就是这样 -转一下 |
[02:23] | -That’s good, that’s good. Yep. -(shutter snaps) | 很好 对 |
[02:27] | You tell your dad Brazzos took that picture. | 你告诉你爸 这张照片是布拉佐斯拍的 |
[02:29] | I will, I will, but he won’t understand, you know? | 我会的 |
[02:32] | Not anymore. | 但他听不懂 脑子不行了 |
[02:36] | -Bye. -FAN: Thanks, man. Thanks a lot. | -再见 -谢谢 伙计 非常感谢 |
[02:41] | WOMAN: New York can be a fucking lot. | 纽约令人应接不暇 |
[02:44] | All the eyes on you all the time. | 所有人无时无刻都在盯着你 |
[02:47] | Hey, baby. Where you going so tough? | 嘿 宝贝 你这么着急去哪啊? |
[02:48] | WOMAN: Two thousand women report assaults here every year, | 每年有两千名女性报告被侵犯 |
[02:52] | so it’s a place that makes you binge Dateline | 所以这是一个让你疯狂刷《日界线》节目 |
[02:54] | to find out how not to end up on Dateline. | 来确保自己不会变成 《日界线》素材的地方 |
[02:57] | I have this recurring dream. | 我经常做一个相同的梦 |
[02:59] | I’m in bed, I wake up, | 我躺在床上 |
[03:02] | and there’s a man standing over me. | 我醒来 发现有一个男人在看着我 |
[03:04] | So, I kick him right in the nuts, | 于是我狠狠踢了他的下体 |
[03:06] | and I grab my knitting needle… | 然后拿起毛线针 |
[03:07] | -(stabbing, grunting) -…and I take him down | 戳得他血肉模糊 |
[03:09] | to the bone with that thing. | 动弹不得 |
[03:10] | Sometimes, when I can’t sleep, | 有时我睡不着 |
[03:12] | I imagine brutally murdering that dude. | 就会想象自己 残忍杀害那个家伙的场景 |
[03:16] | And I’m out like a light. Works every time. | 我立刻就会沉沉睡去 百试百灵 |
[03:19] | As I said, it’s a lot. | 正如我所说 这里令人应接不暇 |
[03:21] | Don’t be here if you don’t like a lot. | 如果你受不了 千万别来 |
[03:27] | MAN 2: “NYC. What is it about you?” | “纽约市 该怎么描绘你呢?” |
[03:30] | Which, of course, is a line from a big hit show about an orphan. | 这是一部关于孤儿的热门剧集里的台词 |
[03:34] | And don’t we all feel like orphans here at times, | 我们每个人不都像是孤儿 |
[03:37] | struggling to find our place? | 努力在这个城市寻找自己的一席之地吗? |
[03:39] | I saw this brilliant dance piece | 我最近在互联网上 |
[03:41] | on the worldwide web recently, | 看到了一段非常精彩的舞蹈 |
[03:43] | set to Clair de Lune. | 背景乐用的是《月光曲》 |
[03:47] | A simple premise of a man trying to reach | 舞蹈表现的是一个男人努力想爬上楼梯 |
[03:49] | the top of a staircase and falling, | 结果摔了下来 |
[03:52] | but always trying to find some new way | 但他锲而不舍 |
[03:54] | to bounce back up again. | 总能想办法重新站起来 |
[03:56] | And I thought, isn’t that each of us, | 我心想 |
[03:59] | every day in this big burg? | “这不就是我们每一个 生活在大城市里的人的真实写照吗?” |
[04:01] | That’s life in New– | “这就是纽约生活的日常…” |
[04:03] | -(tires screech, honking) -Really?! Do you not see this coat!? | 不是吧?你没看见我这身衣服吗? |
[04:08] | -(driver shouting) -Still, one thing is certain in this town. | -你在干什么? -不过 这城市里有一件事是确定的 |
[04:12] | Just when it’s all starting to feel the same, | 正当一切都开始变得司空见惯时 |
[04:15] | that’s when you get hit by something | 总会有一些完全出乎预料的事发生 |
[04:17] | you never saw coming. | |
[05:14] | -Hey, Lester. -(door shuts) | 嗨 莱斯特 |
[05:17] | (as Cary Grant): Oh, Ursula, my darling. | 乌苏拉 亲爱的 |
[05:19] | -Anything for me? -Yep. Save me a trip. | 有我的包裹吗? 有 省得我跑一趟了 |
[05:23] | (normal voice): Oh. Yeah, this is all research | 好的 |
[05:25] | for shows I’m developing. | 我在创作一部剧 这些都是研究资料 |
[05:26] | Some off-, some off-off, you know? | 外百老汇 外外百老汇 你知道吗? |
[05:30] | Stay out of the theater if you want a life, Ursula. Trust me. | 离剧院远点 乌苏拉 如果你还想有自己的生活 相信我 |
[05:37] | Hold it! | 等一下! |
[05:40] | Ah! Oh! Sorry. Thanks. | 抱歉 |
[05:43] | I just– Ooh! | 谢谢 |
[05:44] | Ah! Got it. (laughs) | 我只是…好了 |
[05:46] | Sorry, I’m just, uh, I-I have | 抱歉 |
[05:48] | -an important thing a little bit later– -Yeah, me, too. | 我稍后有一个重要安排 我也是 |
[05:51] | Oh, hello. | 你好 |
[05:53] | -Filming something today? -I’m sorry? | 今天有拍摄工作吗? 你说什么? |
[05:56] | All the makeup, I just assumed. | 我看你妆容精致 我猜的 |
[05:59] | I’m not wearing makeup. | 我没化妆 |
[06:01] | Oh. Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:03] | Me neither. (laughs) | 我也没有 |
[06:15] | Is it 5:00 yet, do you know? | 到5点了吗?你… |
[06:16] | -No. | -No. -没有 -没有 |
[06:20] | Tim Kono. | 蒂姆·科诺 |
[06:22] | With a K. Yes. | 科学的科 对 |
[06:28] | Do you see anything you got in today’s packages? | 你在今天拿到的包裹里有发现什么吗? |
[06:30] | Okay. I don’t know why this keeps happening. | 好吧 我不知道为什么总发生这种事 |
[06:33] | Well, this one is very important to me. | 这个包裹对我很重要 |
[06:35] | -How early tomorrow? -(ding) | 明天多早? |
[06:48] | Do you like your Beats? | 你喜欢你的耳麦吗? |
[06:55] | I had a yellow pair. I just loved them so much. | 我有一个黄色的 我超爱的 |
[06:58] | And then, like an idiot, | 然后 |
[06:59] | I leave them on the subway. | 我跟个傻子一样 把耳麦落在了地铁上 |
[07:01] | The thing is, when you lose something on the subway, | 问题是 如果你在地铁丢了东西 |
[07:03] | -you-you don’t know– -MAN 1: Ding! | -你根本不知道该找谁… -到了! |
[07:08] | Even the elevator wanted that story to end. | 就连电梯都听不下去了 |
[07:13] | Come on, Winnie. | 过来 维尼 |
[07:18] | Winnie. Look! | 维尼 看 |
[07:41] | -(flame roars) -Okay. | 《布拉佐斯》 好的 |
[07:58] | NARRATOR (on podcast): You’re listening to All Is Not OK In Oklahoma, | 您正在收听的是《俄克拉荷马不太欧克》 |
[08:01] | from Cinda Canning. | 切克沙市 我是主播辛达·坎宁 |
[08:03] | Funding is provided by our sponsors, | 本档节目由以下赞助商赞助 |
[08:05] | The Rand Corporation, the Milton and Miriam Swann Foundation | 兰德公司 弥尔顿和米利亚姆·斯旺艺术基金会 |
[08:08] | for the Arts and for Dissolving the Federal Reserve, | 及解散联邦储备基金会 |
[08:10] | and Trader Joe’s. | 以及乔氏食品 |
[08:12] | With additional support from Royal Crown Cruises, | 以及来自皇冠游轮公司 |
[08:15] | the Royal Crown Prince of Dubai, | 迪拜皇储 |
[08:16] | and listeners like you. | 和广大听众的额外支持 |
[08:18] | And now, here’s Cinda Canning | 接下来是辛达·坎宁为您带来的 |
[08:20] | with episode six of All Is Not OK In Oklahoma. | 《俄克拉荷马不太欧克》第六集 |
[08:27] | CINDA CANNING (on podcast): When Ray Butler walked me into the woods | 当雷·巴特勒那晚在切克沙 |
[08:30] | behind his barn that night in Chickasha | 带我走进他家谷仓后的树林时 |
[08:32] | -(dog barking) -I wasn’t expecting to find anything | 我没指望会发现任何 |
[08:34] | related to the disappearance of his niece, Becky. | 与他侄女贝基的失踪案相关的线索 |
[08:38] | I was thinking more about Ray’s unorthodox clothing choice | 我脑子里想的是雷不合时宜的务农装扮 |
[08:41] | for farm living. | |
[08:44] | But that all changed because of what was going on | 但因为河床边上发生的一件事 |
[08:47] | next to the riverbed, | 一切都改变了 |
[08:50] | where Ray’s old Lab, Bo, | 雷的老拉布拉多犬 |
[08:52] | -(barking) -was digging at something in the dirt. | 波 正在土里刨着什么 |
[08:57] | Once he got his dug-up prize, | 等他终于挖出了宝贝 |
[08:58] | Bo ran proudly to me with it dangling in his mouth. | 波叼在嘴里 十分骄傲地跑向我 |
[09:03] | It took a moment to absorb what it was, | 狗狗 波 河床发现 一开始我并没有意识到那是什么 |
[09:07] | but then, it became all too clear. | 但随后一切都变得清晰起来 |
[09:10] | -Bo had found… -(Bo whining) | 波找到了… |
[09:14] | Shit! | 狗屎! |
[09:15] | (sighs) My gah… No. | 我的天!不 |
[09:20] | -(barks) -Yeah! That’s good. | 乖 进去 |
[09:48] | -Lester, is this real? -I don’t know. We’re finding out. | -莱斯特 真出事了吗? -不知道 我们还在调查 利布里齐酒吧 |
[09:57] | CANNING (on podcast): Even in a steady Oklahoma rain, | 即使俄克拉荷马州正下着雨 |
[10:00] | -I was transfixed… -(restaurant noise) | 我竟浑然不觉 |
[10:01] | Well, look who got the last booth! (chuckles) | 看看最后一个位子被谁占了 |
[10:06] | CANNING: But all that changed | 但因为河床边上发生的一件事 |
[10:07] | because of what was going on next to the riverbed. | 一切都改变了 |
[10:09] | Listen, if I’ve ever offended you | 听着 如果我冒犯你了 |
[10:13] | during any of the many times you’ve auditioned for me, | 在你为我很多次的试镜中的某一次 那… |
[10:16] | -then– -I’ve never auditioned for you. | 我从来没有为你试过镜 |
[10:20] | Oh, you’re not Scott Bakula? | 你不是斯科特·巴库拉吗? |
[10:22] | I am not. | 不是 |
[10:24] | Oh! You’re the other one. Got it. | 你是另一个 我懂了 |
[10:27] | Well, listen, I-I won’t say a word, | 听我说 我本来不想开口的 |
[10:29] | but my, uh, favorite podcast just dropped a new episode tonight, and– | 但我最喜欢的播客 今晚发布了新一期内容 而且… |
[10:40] | What does Bo have in his mouth? | 波嘴里叼着什么? |
[10:43] | I don’t know! | 我不知道 |
[10:46] | Oh, man. | 我的天 上帝啊 |
[10:52] | Exc… (sighs) | 请问… |
[10:55] | Do you know if there’s any available? | -还有空位吗? |
[10:56] | I’m sorry. We’re totally booked. | -抱歉 我们全都预定满了 |
[10:58] | Hey! Come over! | 嘿!过来 |
[11:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:03] | Yeah! | 对 |
[11:04] | Sit down! Half the building’s in here. | 坐吧 大楼一半的住户都在这儿了 |
[11:07] | I’m Oliver, by the way. Oliver Putnam. | 对了 我叫奥利弗 奥利弗·帕特曼 |
[11:10] | Charles. Charles-Haden Savage. | 查尔斯 查尔斯·海登·萨维奇 |
[11:12] | Hey. I’m Mabel. | 你们好 我叫梅布 |
[11:14] | (laughs) No, really. What is– Oh. | 不 别开玩笑 |
[11:16] | A great old school name. | 你到底… 非常老派的名字 |
[11:18] | Get out. | 不是吧 |
[11:20] | What the fuck is in Bo’s mouth? | 波的嘴里到底叼着什么? |
[11:22] | BOTH: Becky’s panties! | 贝基的内裤! |
[11:24] | -It is not Ray. Too obvious. -Exactly. | 凶手不是雷 太明显了 |
[11:27] | Absolutely. Listen, I’m just relieved | -没错 -毫无疑问 |
[11:29] | that something of Becky Butler showed up somewhere. | 听着 我很庆幸贝基·巴特勒的物品 出现在某处 |
[11:32] | I almost forgot who went missing. | 我都快忘了是谁失踪了 |
[11:34] | MABEL: They took too long with it. | 铺垫得太长了 |
[11:35] | That whole thing: Student Council president, | 前面啰嗦了一堆 “学生会主席” |
[11:38] | “she had a smile that would light up a room,” blah blah blah. | “她有着灿烂的笑容” 什么什么的 |
[11:40] | OLIVER: Yeah, yeah. Listen, I am all for a good peeling of the onion, | 是啊 我对抽丝剥茧式的剧情没意见 |
[11:42] | but let’s pace it up, people. Please. | 但是 拜托 加快点速度 |
[11:46] | To that point… | 说起来 |
[11:50] | who are you, you fascinating creature? | 这位迷人的小姐 你是什么来头? |
[11:53] | I mean, we got our places 30 years ago when the Arconia was affordable, | 我们30年前买了阿卡尼亚公寓的房子 当时这楼盘还没这么贵 |
[11:56] | but you? Do your parents have a place there– | 但是你…是你父母名下的房产还是什么? |
[11:59] | Good god! You don’t have to answer that, Mabel. | 我的天 你不用回答 梅布 |
[12:02] | I mean– I mean unless you want to because I’m also curious. | 除非你想回答 因为我也很好奇 |
[12:07] | -How do I know you? -Oh, Charles was in an old TV series, | 我好像在哪见过你? |
[12:11] | many, many years ago. | 查尔斯很多年前演过一个古早电视剧 |
[12:12] | -What was it called? Uh, Bozos. -Brazzos. | 叫什么来着? -《傻蛋》? |
[12:16] | Oh… Okay. | -《布拉佐斯》 好吧 |
[12:19] | As for me, uh, | 至于我嘛 |
[12:22] | directing is my day job. (laughs) I’m sure you’re aware. | 我白天的工作是导演 你应该注意到了 |
[12:27] | But, uh, my grandchildren… | 但我的孙辈… |
[12:32] | they’re my passion. | 他们才是我一生的事业 |
[12:34] | I just wish I had more time to spend with them. | 我只是希望有更多时间陪伴他们 |
[12:37] | That’s really all we want, isn’t it? | 这才是我们真正想要的 |
[12:39] | More time with the people we love. | 不是吗? 和我们所爱之人有更多时间相处 |
[12:41] | I literally pass him in the elevator once a month, just so you know. | 我一个月才在电梯里遇见他一次 所以你懂的 |
[12:45] | OLIVER: Anyway, | 总之 |
[12:46] | those are our proverbial onions. | 我们这俩老洋葱已经剥了皮了 |
[12:49] | Raw and peeled. And yours? Care to peel for us? | 你呢?介意也剥一下吗? |
[12:55] | I do not. | 介意 我来付吧? |
[12:56] | -Can I? -BOTH: Absolutely not. | -不用 我们来吧 |
[12:58] | No, absolutely. No, no. Thank you so much. | -别了 这可使不得 非常感谢 |
[13:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:03] | -OLIVER: Hi, baby. -(barks) | -嗨 宝贝 -好吧 |
[13:05] | MABEL: Oh! That’s a real dog. | -没关系 -这是真狗 |
[13:07] | OLIVER: Yeah, yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:18] | -Look at this. -(dog whines) | 看看 |
[13:21] | -CHARLES: Lester, what the hell? -Found someone dead. | 莱斯特 这是怎么回事? |
[13:24] | -(gasps) -What? | -我们发现有人死亡 -什么? |
[13:25] | Sounds like they offed themselves. | 好像是自杀的 |
[13:27] | -You’re kidding me. -LESTER: Ninth floor. | -你开玩笑吧 |
[13:29] | Can’t let anyone in. | -9楼 所有人禁止入内 |
[13:30] | -We can’t go to our apartments? -No, sir. Sorry. | -我们不能回家了? -不能 抱歉 |
[13:36] | -Did he say the ninth floor? -Yeah. | -他是不是说9楼? -对 |
[13:39] | I could get us to the freight elevator, | 我可以带你们坐货梯 |
[13:42] | just to take a peek. | 就偷偷看一眼 |
[13:46] | Just to see what’s happening. | 就是看看发生了什么 |
[13:48] | Okay. But, we should take it to eight. | 好吧 但我们应该坐到8楼 |
[13:50] | Why? | 为什么? |
[13:52] | They’ll have cops posted on nine. | 9楼肯定有很多警察 |
[13:54] | Ooh, you’re good. | 聪明 |
[14:08] | Tell the captain this is a suicide. | 告诉队长这是一起自杀案 |
[14:13] | Alright, guys, I need you to canvass around the building. | 好了 各位 我需要你们盘问 大楼里所有住户 |
[14:37] | OLIVER: It’s that guy from the elevator! | 是电梯里那个男人! |
[14:39] | -Oh my god. Oh my god. It’s that guy! -(door shuts) | 我的天啊 |
[14:42] | -It’s that guy… -His– His head was… | 是那个人 是那个… |
[14:44] | I’ve seen TV dead bodies. That was– Have you ever… | 他的头…我在电视上看过尸体 那是…你们见过… |
[14:47] | -He shot himself! -No, he didn’t. | -他枪杀了自己 -不 他没有 |
[14:49] | We saw him, what, like an hour ago? | 我们一小时前才见过他 |
[14:51] | Did he seem like he was gonna go do something like that? | 他看上去像是会自杀的样子吗? |
[14:57] | -Oh! -Are you associated with the deceased? | 你们和死者认识吗? |
[15:00] | -No, no. We don’t know him. -We’re neighbors in the building. | 不 我们不认识他 |
[15:03] | -We live in the building. -OLIVER: Yes. | 我们是大楼里的邻居 我们住在这里 |
[15:04] | -Mm-hmm. So, you don’t know him? -Just in passing. | -对 -所以你们不认识他? |
[15:06] | -Not his passing. -OLIVER: No, yes. | -就是打过照面 -不是死的时候见过 |
[15:08] | When we pass by him. | -对 |
[15:10] | Before he passed. | 活着的时候擦身而过 -在他死之前 |
[15:11] | That’s right. Um, but are y– are you, | 没错 |
[15:13] | uh, sure that it was suicide? | 但你确定他是自杀吗? |
[15:15] | It doesn’t make sense. | 这说不通啊 |
[15:17] | I mean, even in passing, he didn’t seem the type. | 尽管只是一面之缘 他看上去也不像自杀的类型 |
[15:20] | -So, you don’t know him. -CHARLES: (sighs) Look, | 所以你确定不认识他? |
[15:23] | you’re probably just starting your investigation, | 听着 你们可能刚开始调查 |
[15:25] | -looking into all the forensics– -Goddammit. | -拿到尸检报告… -该死的 |
[15:28] | What fuckin’ podcast are you all hooked on? Huh? | 你们是听播客听多了吧?是不是? |
[15:31] | I swear to God, if I meet | 我发誓 |
[15:33] | one more true crime nut… | 要是再让我遇见一个 沉迷真实犯罪的疯子… |
[15:36] | This is suicide. It’s textbook. | 这是自杀 教科书式的自杀案例 |
[15:38] | Residue powder on the hands, evidence of financial stress. | 手上有弹药残留 有证据表明陷入财务危机 |
[15:42] | We even found a note on his laptop saying he’s outta here, | 我们甚至在他的笔记本电脑里 发现了遗书 说他要离开这里 |
[15:44] | which is exactly where you all need to be. | 这正是你们该做的 |
[15:48] | -What if– -Nuh-uh, it’s not. | -不 不是 -如果… |
[15:50] | -B-b-but, y-y-you– -DETECTIVE: No, no, no, no, no. It’s not. | -没有如果 -不 不是 |
[15:53] | So, go on ahead and enjoy your cute little lives, | 所以 赶紧走吧 去享受你们渺小得不值一提的人生 |
[15:57] | and be glad that you still have one. | 你们该庆幸还有人生可过 |
[16:01] | You goddamn true crime fuckin’ numb-nuts. | 你们这些沉迷真实犯罪的蠢货 |
[16:44] | The motherfucking garbage bag! | 那个该死的垃圾袋 |
[16:46] | Why would he get on the elevator with that? | 他为什么拿着垃圾袋坐电梯? |
[16:47] | There’s a chute on every floor. What was in there? | 每层楼都有垃圾桶 垃圾袋里有什么? |
[16:55] | We all had the same thought? | 我们都想到一块去了? |
[16:56] | BOTH: The garbage bag! | 垃圾袋 |
[16:59] | Ah. Different thought. | 我想的不是这事 |
[17:01] | We should do our own podcast. | 我们应该做自己的播客节目 |
[17:03] | I’m sure that every true crime podcaster | 我相信每一个真实犯罪播客爱好者 |
[17:05] | wishes that he was on the case | 都希望他能 |
[17:07] | right from the start. | 从头至尾了解一个案子 |
[17:08] | And here we are, w– | 而我们刚好…我应该录下来 |
[17:10] | You know what? I should be recording this right now. | |
[17:13] | Well right now, the only thing that matters is that | 现在唯一重要的是 |
[17:14] | there’s a killer on the loose if we’re right, | 如果我们说中了 那就有个杀手逍遥法外 |
[17:17] | and he could be living somewhere in our building. | 他可能就住在我们大楼里 |
[17:19] | Oh, that is a very good line. | 这句台词不错 |
[17:21] | Badly delivered, but a good line. | 说得不够好 但台词不错 |
[17:23] | So, do it again for me, and this is what I need. | 再来一次 我需要你这样 |
[17:25] | I want you to really hit killer. | 我需要你强调一下“杀手” |
[17:28] | You know? Just killer. | 知道吗?重点是“杀手” |
[17:29] | There’s a killer loose somewhere– | 有个杀手正在某处逍遥法外 |
[17:31] | -No need to scream. -That’s too hard. | -没必要喊出来 -用力过猛了 |
[17:33] | You know what I need you to do? Really punch somewhere. | 你知道我需要你怎么做吗? 强调一下“某处” |
[17:36] | There’s a… | 好吧 |
[17:38] | -Gimme an action. -Action. | 那个…给我喊一句“开拍” |
[17:40] | Killer on the loose somewhere. | -开拍 -凶手正在某处逍遥法外 |
[17:42] | OLIVER: Okay, do it again, but slower, | 好的 再来一遍 这次慢点 |
[17:44] | and with, you know, | 而且 |
[17:45] | like a human… | 再带上一点情绪 这是…我再想想 |
[17:47] | “If there’s anyone left to care, | “如果还有人在乎的话 |
[17:49] | there is nothing for me anymore.” | 我已经一无所有了” |
[17:57] | OLIVER: Is that… | 这是… |
[17:59] | MABEL: “I’m just tired of feeling lonely. | “我厌倦了孤独的感觉” |
[18:03] | I don’t want to be lonely anymore.” | “我不想再孤独下去了” |
[18:07] | This is his. There’s mail in here to Tim Kono. | 这是他的 这里有一封信是寄给蒂姆·科诺的 |
[18:10] | And other notes! | 还有其他笔记 |
[18:12] | Attempts to get his last words right? | 都是给遗言打的草稿? |
[18:17] | Looks like we have our answer. | 看来答案已经有了 |
[18:20] | So, that’s it? We’re done? | 所以 |
[18:23] | No podcast. | 就这样了?这事结束了? 没有播客了 |
[18:25] | Back to Oklahoma. | 回去继续听《俄克拉荷马》吧 |
[18:36] | I read the script. My character has no lines, | 我读了剧本 |
[18:38] | not one. | 我的角色没有台词 一句都没有 |
[18:41] | Wait, they want someone who looks like Brazzos, | 等等 他们想要一个长得像布拉佐斯的人 |
[18:45] | and they want me to audition for this? | 然后找我去试镜? |
[19:01] | WOMAN (muffled): Well, I’m not that late. | 我不会晚到太久 |
[19:04] | Can we get the four-top by the window? | 能给我们一个靠窗的四人位吗? |
[19:08] | I’ll get the Caesar with the balsamic and the double croutons. | 我要一份凯撒沙拉 加意大利醋和双份炸面包丁 |
[19:12] | You need to ask for a bigger table. | 你需要一个更大的桌子 |
[19:16] | I have my grocery cart. | 我带了购物车 |
[19:17] | -Tell them it’s Bunny. They know me. -(elevator dings) | 告诉他们是邦尼要订的 他们认识我 |
[19:23] | I’m not always in here. | 我不是一直待在电梯里 |
[19:24] | I was just coming up to get you. | 我是专门上来找你的 |
[19:26] | I’ve got an audition. Wait a minute. | 我要去试镜 等下 |
[19:29] | -Is this about… -(whispers) Yes. | 这是关于… 是的 |
[19:31] | In or out, soft lips. I got places to be. | 你上不上来 嘤嘤怪?我赶时间 |
[19:35] | Fuck ’em. I’m offer only. | 去他们的 不找我的不拍 |
[19:37] | Okay, so I know what we found last night, | 好的 我知道我们昨晚发现了什么 |
[19:40] | but I also know me, and I can’t stop thinking about this. | 但我也了解我自己 我忍不住去想这件事 |
[19:42] | -Neither can I. -A week ago, I saw Tim, | 我也一样 一周前 |
[19:45] | the dead guy, at Bunny’s apartment. | 我在邦尼的公寓见过蒂姆 就是那个死者 |
[19:47] | Ooh, she’s head of the board. | 她是业委会主席 |
[19:49] | Okay, so he was asking her about a package of his | 对 |
[19:52] | that she got by mistake. | 他问她有没有拿错他的包裹 |
[19:53] | That makes sense. They’re on the A-line. | 这合情合理 他们都在A区 |
[19:55] | I get mis-delivered packages | 我的包裹总是送到C区 |
[19:56] | on the C-line all the time. | |
[19:58] | Do you remember him | 你还记得他在电梯里说… |
[19:59] | -on the elevator saying… -(ding) | |
[20:00] | Okay. I don’t know why this keeps happening. | 好吧 我不知道为什么总发生这种事 |
[20:02] | And it was important, and he couldn’t get it… | 这个包裹很重要 他却没拿到 |
[20:05] | Well, how early tomorrow? | 明天多早? |
[20:07] | Bunny’s got the package. | 邦尼拿到了包裹 |
[20:08] | -I have a way in. -(keys jingling, unlocks door) | 我有办法进去 |
[20:15] | -(door shuts) -What the… Who are you? | 搞什么…你是什么人啊? |
[20:18] | -I’m remodeling. -This is a major– | 我在重新装修 这是一个大型… |
[20:20] | How-how many rooms are in this? | 你家里有多少个房间? |
[20:22] | You’re living here in the middle of a renovation? | 房子还没装好你就住进来了? |
[20:24] | Shh! Please focus. | 专注点 |
[20:28] | Look, there it is. | 看 就是这里 |
[20:30] | A direct route into Bunny’s. | 直通邦尼的房间 |
[20:32] | We just need to take off the grate. | 我们只需要拆掉这个隔栅 |
[20:35] | No, no, no. | 不 |
[20:38] | Have you forgotten? | 你忘了吗? |
[20:41] | I’m Brazzos. | 我是布拉佐斯 |
[21:01] | Hey, Will! Surprise! | 嘿 威尔 |
[21:04] | -Grandpa’s here! -Dad, it’s… | 惊喜!爷爷来了! 爸爸 |
[21:06] | it’s Sunday. Mom’s got the kids. They’re at the zoo. | 今天是周日 孩子们都在妈妈那儿 他们去公园了 |
[21:10] | Oh. Right. | 对 |
[21:11] | Well then, I-I’ll just leave these for them. | 那我就把礼物放这儿吧 |
[21:15] | New deck looks fantastic, Will. | 新平台看上去棒极了 威尔 |
[21:18] | WILL: Yeah, the kids live out there. | 是啊 孩子们总在上面玩 |
[21:20] | Yeah, I’m sorry I missed them. | 是啊 我很遗憾错过了他们 |
[21:23] | (sighs) But this is– this is a… | 但这样也挺好 |
[21:25] | good. You and I get a little… | 我们俩有机会享受一点“泽西父子时间” |
[21:28] | Jersey hang time. | |
[21:30] | Jersey hang time? | 泽西父子时间? |
[21:33] | (scoffs) So, what’s up? | 所以 你还好吗? |
[21:38] | Do you have any milk? | 有牛奶吗? |
[21:41] | Brazzos was the son of a locksmith, | 布拉佐斯是开锁匠的儿子 |
[21:43] | so the crew gave me these jimmy keys as a wrap gift, season 5. | 摄制组把这串开锁钥匙送给了我 作为杀青礼物 |
[21:47] | I watched a few of those. Brazzos. | 我看过几集 《布拉佐斯》 |
[21:51] | I like the early ’90s stuff. | 我喜欢90年代早期的影视剧 |
[21:53] | Sometimes, you get to see Hammer pants. | 有时能看到当年流行的叠褶裤 |
[21:59] | You were good. You’re a good actor. | 你演得很好 你是一个好演员 |
[22:03] | -Have you done any other shows? -Uh, I did a few pilots, | 你还拍过别的剧吗? 拍过几个试播集 但之后都没有下文了 -我不擅长尝试新风格 -看出来了 是啊 谢谢 等等 你说什么? |
[22:05] | but they didn’t move forward. I don’t think I test well. | |
[22:08] | -Hm. I could see that. -Yeah, thank you. Wait, what? | |
[22:11] | That’s Bunny’s. | 那是邦尼的房间 |
[22:15] | WILL: So, how’s work? | 工作还顺利吗? |
[22:18] | Good. It’s fine. | 很好 |
[22:20] | You know, th-th-there’s some stuff out there. | 挺好的 手头有一些剧目 |
[22:22] | -WILL: Yeah? -Yeah. | -是吗? -是的 |
[22:24] | Did you, uh, get your next project? | 你拿到新项目了吗? |
[22:27] | Well, I-I thought I had something, but, uh… | 我本来挺有把握的 但是… |
[22:32] | it just went away. (soft laugh) | 到嘴的鸭子飞了 |
[22:37] | So… | |
[22:39] | Will, I’m gonna need to, um… | 那个 我需要… |
[22:41] | Oh no… | 不是吧 |
[22:44] | -God… -You know, I-I-I really did not | -你知道 我… |
[22:46] | want this to become | -老天 我不想总来麻烦你的 |
[22:48] | a regular thing, but I am strapped. | -但我走投无路了 -爸爸… |
[22:50] | -Dad… -Honey, I am so… | 亲爱的 我距离成功就差那么一点 |
[22:53] | -close on a few things. -Yeah, that’s what you said last time. | 是啊 你上次也是这么说的 |
[22:57] | -How long have you lived here? -Twenty-eight years. | -你住在这里多久了? -28年 |
[23:00] | But not always by yourself. | 但不总是一个人吧 |
[23:03] | -You’ve been alone for 28 years? -Shh… | 你一个人生活了28年? |
[23:06] | Alone isn’t so bad. I like alone. | 一个人没那么糟 我喜欢一个人 |
[23:09] | Give me that smaller pick. | 把那把小的给我 |
[23:15] | My father was a Charles. I-I’m a Junior. | 我爸爸也叫查尔斯 我是小查尔斯 |
[23:18] | It was the most consistent refrain of my childhood | 我童年时 听到的最多的评价就是 |
[23:21] | was how much I was like him. | 我有多像他 |
[23:24] | And I really was. | 事实也确实如此 |
[23:26] | We were both right-handed, | 我们都是右撇子 |
[23:27] | but we used scissors with our left hand. | 但我们都用左手拿剪刀 |
[23:30] | We could both pick up just about any instrument | 我们都可以随便挑一件乐器 |
[23:33] | and play it by ear. | 不看乐谱就能演奏 |
[23:34] | But give us… | 但是给我们一道简单的代数题? |
[23:36] | basic algebra? Forget about it. | 这辈子都解不出来 |
[23:39] | He turned gray at 47, | 他47岁开始有白头发 |
[23:40] | white at 58, and, hm? | 58岁全白了 你看我就知道了 |
[23:45] | People liked my father. | 人们喜欢我父亲 |
[23:48] | They meant it as a compliment… | 他们说我像他是一种夸奖 |
[23:50] | when they said I was like him, but… | 但是… |
[23:54] | he was awful to my mother. Awful. | 他对我母亲很差 很差 |
[23:58] | He tried to make her feel… | 他试图打压她 |
[24:00] | small. He seemed to get… pleasure out of it, | 这对他而言仿佛是一种乐趣 |
[24:04] | making her feel silly. | 让她觉得自己很傻 |
[24:07] | Making her feel unsure of herself. | 怀疑自己 |
[24:12] | -(clicking) -So, at a certain point… | 所以 |
[24:15] | I thought, well, | 某一刻 |
[24:17] | we use scissors the same way, | 我忍不住会想 “我们拿剪刀的方式一样” |
[24:19] | and we can play any instrument the same way. | “我们演奏乐器的方式一样” |
[24:21] | Odds are… | “有没有可能…” |
[24:24] | Alone isn’t so bad. | “孤独并没有那么糟” |
[24:27] | OLIVER: Obviously, it’s… | 显然 |
[24:30] | mortifying… | 这是一件丢人的事 |
[24:32] | coming to you like this. I’m… | 厚着脸皮来找你 |
[24:37] | revolted at myself. | 我也厌恶我自己 |
[24:41] | But, I… | 但是 |
[24:42] | I can’t get any work, you know? | 我找不到工作 你知道吗? |
[24:44] | I mean, this is– it’s been years now. | 已经好几年了 |
[24:46] | And so, I just– | 所以 我只是… |
[24:48] | I need a little help from someone– | 我需要别人帮我一把 |
[24:50] | You have to sell the apartment. | -你得把那个公寓卖了 |
[24:51] | -I can’t do that. -Dad, | -我不能! |
[24:53] | you cannot keep living like this. | -爸爸 你不能继续过那种生活了 |
[24:54] | It’s all I have. It’s who I am. | -我只有那个公寓了 那是我的全部 |
[25:00] | Yeah, well, obviously, it makes me very sad to hear that. | 好吧 显然 听到你这么说我很难过 |
[25:06] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:08] | Willy, I’m so sorry. | 威尔 |
[25:12] | For so many things. | 我为很多事感到抱歉 |
[25:15] | But, it is just a rough patch, honey, and I just– | 但我只是经历了一段低谷期 儿子 我只是… |
[25:18] | -If someone would just– -WILL: Stop, stop, stop, stop. | -如果有人能… -别说了 |
[25:22] | I can’t. Not again. | 我做不到 这次不行了 |
[25:32] | Well, I… | 那 我… |
[25:34] | I-I certainly appreciate, um… | 我很感谢你为我做的一切 |
[25:38] | you know, everything that you have done, | |
[25:40] | and-and-and don’t worry. This is just a… | 别担心 这只是… |
[25:45] | it’s a rocky moment, | -一时的困难 我会没事的 |
[25:46] | -that’s all. I’ll be fine. -Dad. Stay for Sunday dinner. | -爸爸 留下来吃晚饭吧 |
[25:48] | No, no, no. I re– I do actually have to get back. | 不用了 我得回去了 |
[25:52] | I do. So, you know… | 真的 你知道 |
[25:54] | gotta dig in. Nose to the grindstone, right? | 得继续努力了 埋头苦干 对吗? |
[25:59] | Can I have my coat? Please? | 能帮我拿一下外套吗? |
[26:03] | It’s my aunt’s apartment. | 这是我姨妈的公寓 |
[26:05] | She asked me to redo it for her. | 她让我帮她重新装修 |
[26:07] | You can see how well that’s going. | 你也看到了 不太顺利 |
[26:10] | It’s the first time I’ve been alone in, like… | 这是我第一次独自生活 |
[26:13] | ever. | |
[26:15] | I tend to make packs wherever I go. | 不管我去到哪里 我都喜欢拉帮结派 |
[26:18] | When I was a kid, I had my Hardy Boys pack. | 小时候 我有一个哈迪男孩帮 |
[26:20] | That’s too old a reference for you. | 这个乐队火的时候 你还没出生吧 |
[26:23] | We were being old school calling ourselves that. | 我们走的复古风 所以叫这个名字 |
[26:26] | Anyway, me and my Hardy Boys… | 总之 我和我的哈迪男孩帮… |
[26:29] | Well, there were four of us, and two were actual boys, by the way. | 我们一共有四个人 其中两个是男孩 |
[26:33] | We would get into solving mysteries around | 我们沉迷于破解我们住宅楼的各种谜团 |
[26:37] | the complex that we all lived in. | |
[26:39] | So, this stuff is not new to you. | 所以 这种事对你来说不新鲜了 |
[26:42] | I mean, those were made-up mysteries. | 那些都是编造的谜团 |
[26:46] | At least, most were. | 至少大部分是 |
[26:48] | And your Hardy Boys, where are they now? | 你的哈迪男孩们呢?他们现在在哪? |
[26:52] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[26:53] | Maybe going at it alone is better. | 也许做个独行侠更好 |
[26:59] | Any luck with that? | 打开了吗? |
[27:01] | -Oh, I’ve been in for a while. -(opens door) | 打开有一阵子了 |
[27:03] | Yes! Good job, Brazzos. | 太好了 干得漂亮 布拉佐斯 |
[27:11] | Alright. This is an A-line three bedroom. | 好吧 这是A区三室公寓 |
[27:14] | You take the living, dining, spare. | 你负责客厅 餐厅 客房 |
[27:16] | I’ll take the kitchen and the bedrooms on the side. | 我负责厨房和这一侧的卧室 |
[27:18] | Now, Bunny probably keeps her packages in a hutch | 邦尼可能会把包裹放在橱柜或是餐具柜里 |
[27:21] | -or a sideboard. -Brazzos, look at your hand. | 布拉佐斯 看看你的手 |
[27:28] | CHARLES: We have our first clue. | 我们有了第一个线索 |
[27:30] | And we stole it from a neighbor to get it! | 我们从邻居家偷来的 |
[27:32] | MABEL: Yeah. I know. I was there. | 是啊 我知道 |
[27:34] | You should open it. | 我也在现场 你来打开吧 |
[27:37] | I can’t tell if I want it to be nothing or… | 我不知道我是希望一无所获 |
[27:40] | for it to be something. | 还是发现点什么 |
[27:54] | What is it? | 是什么? |
[27:59] | What kinda guy kills himself | 什么样的人 |
[28:01] | an hour after being desperate to get his hands… | 自杀前一小时 还千方百计地想拿到 |
[28:06] | on this? | 这个? 你在哪? 我们有发现 这将调查… 推向了一个全新的方向 |
[29:42] | Here’s a thing I don’t get. | 有一件事我不明白 |
[29:44] | People who worry about living in the big city | 那些因为犯罪案件而不敢住在大城市的人 |
[29:46] | because of all the crime. | |
[29:47] | As any true crime aficionado will tell you, | 但任何真实犯罪的发烧友都会告诉你 |
[29:51] | it’s the boondocks you need to worry about. | 你应该担心的是偏远地区 |
[29:55] | Nailed it. | 完美 |
[29:56] | I don’t know. It-it-it’s so PBSy. | 我不知道 太PBS了 |
[29:59] | Like a Ken Burns documentary in the history of boredom. | 就像肯·伯恩斯拍的历史纪录片一样无聊 |
[30:02] | -Maybe Mabel should give it a try. -I’d rather die. | -也许梅布可以试试 -我宁愿去死 |
[30:05] | And now, he’s giving away my part. | 他把我的角色送人了 |
[30:06] | So tomorrow, we lay out a timeline. | 那明天我们来布局一个时间线 |
[30:09] | I have maps and I have full blueprints | 我有地图 |
[30:11] | of each floor of the Arconia. | 我有阿卡尼亚公寓每层楼的设计图纸 |
[30:13] | Oh. You fancy. | 厉害啊 |
[30:15] | Hey, did you guys hear about that mysterious death | 你们听说了昨晚公园发生的 |
[30:17] | in the Park last night? | 那起离奇死亡吗? |
[30:19] | We could multitask a little bit. | 我们可以一心两用 |
[30:21] | Silo out a second investigation, | 开展第二个独立调查 |
[30:23] | -do a second podcast. -CHARLES: No. | 再做一个播客节目 |
[30:25] | We need to focus. Only murders in the building. | 不行 我们得集中精力 大楼里唯一的谋杀案 |
[30:29] | “Only murders in the building.” | 《大楼里唯一的谋杀案》 |
[30:32] | CHARLES: Welcome to… | 欢迎收听《大楼里唯一的谋杀案》 |
[30:33] | Only Murders In The Building. | |
[30:36] | A true crime podcast. | 一档真实犯罪播客节目 |
[30:38] | I’m your host, | 我是你们的主持人查尔斯·海登·萨维奇 |
[30:40] | Charles-Haden Savage. | |
[30:45] | -For right now. -(elevator dings) | 暂时是 |
[30:51] | Hey. How’s it going? | 嘿 你还好吗? |
[30:53] | Oh, good. All good. You? | 挺好的 一切都好 你呢? |
[30:54] | Good. | 我也挺好 |
[30:56] | You know, sometimes I can smell that omelet you make. | 有时我能闻到你做的煎蛋的味道 |
[30:59] | Oh! Sorry. Next time, I’ll turn the fan on. | 抱歉 下次我会把风扇打开 |
[31:02] | No. I like it. | 不用 |
[31:04] | Reminds me of Lucy. | 我喜欢那味道 让我想起了露西 |
[31:07] | It was her favorite, right? | 她是你的最爱 对吗? |
[31:09] | Have you heard from her? | 你有她的消息吗? |
[31:11] | Here– Uh, here and there. | 偶尔吧 |
[31:14] | Well, tell her hi for me next time. | 好吧 下次替我问候她 |
[31:18] | CHARLES: A great true crime mystery unpeels itself | 一个优秀的真实犯罪谜团要像洋葱一样 |
[31:21] | -like an onion. -(door shuts) | 层层剥离真相 |
[31:24] | OLIVER: First the crime, then the characters, | 先要有犯罪案 然后是角色 |
[31:27] | and then their secrets. | 再然后是… 最后通知 他们的秘密 |
[31:31] | MABEL: The secrets are the fun part. | 秘密是最有趣的部分 |
[31:34] | Who is telling the truth? | 谁说的是真话?谁在撒谎? |
[31:36] | Who is lying? What are they hiding? | 他们在隐瞒什么? |
[31:40] | CHARLES: Because, let’s be honest. | 因为 承认吧 |
[31:42] | Sometimes it’s easier to figure out someone else’s secret | 有时窥探别人的秘密很容易 |
[31:47] | than it is to deal with your own. | 而自己的秘密则要棘手很多 我的哈迪男孩们 |