时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | My own son directing? | -我的亲儿子当导演了 |
[00:02] | – Dad, please. | -爸爸 拜托 |
[00:03] | I-I need some help. I’m drowning over here. | -我需要帮助 我现在一头雾水 -我明白 |
[00:05] | – I understand. I’m just ridiculously jammed with this case. | 但这个案子让我忙得抽不开身 |
[00:09] | – Hello, Mabel. This is Alice Banks from Third Arm Gallery. | 你好 梅布 我是第三只手画廊的 爱丽丝·班克斯 |
[00:11] | We’re a little artist collective downtown. | 我们是市区的一个小型艺术家集体 |
[00:13] | There’s just something very compelling about you. Wanna show you something. | 你有一种摄人心魄的力量 我想给你看样东西 |
[00:16] | – It’s beautiful. | 很美 |
[00:17] | – I’m glad you like it because it’s you. | 我很高兴你喜欢 因为这是你 |
[00:20] | – Alright. What do we know? | 好吧 我们都知道些什么 |
[00:21] | Bunny was killed with a knife. | 邦尼是被刀捅死的 |
[00:23] | – Evidence keeps showing up in our apartments, | 证据接二连三地出现在我们的公寓里 |
[00:25] | and we don’t know how. I mean, | 我们不知道是怎么回事 |
[00:26] | first the painting over there, now the murder weapon? | 一开始是那幅画 然后是凶器 |
[00:29] | I think I know how people are getting into your apartment. | 我想我知道别人是怎么进到你公寓了 |
[00:31] | – In a shocking development, | 事情有了惊人进展 |
[00:34] | we’ve discovered the killer’s secret lair. | 我们发现了凶手的老巢 |
[00:36] | – Is your friend from yesterday joining you? | 你昨天的那位朋友也一起吗 |
[00:38] | Another waiter took my shift and said you were with someone. | 别的服务员昨天替我的班 说你跟另一个人一起来的 |
[00:42] | – Not coming. And not my friend. | 就我自己 而且那不是我朋友 |
[00:45] | I went over 20%. | 在正常20%小费的基础上 我又加了些 |
[00:47] | – That’s too much this time. | 这太多了 |
[00:49] | – No one else who needs it. | 没有人需要这笔钱 |
[00:50] | Well, unknown caller, | “未知号码” |
[00:52] | I need your help with something. | 我需要你帮个忙 |
[00:53] | – Hello, Charles. I’ve missed you. | 你好 查尔斯 我很想你 |
[01:04] | – Yeah, baby. We’re just doing this family tree for a science fair project. | 对 宝贝 我们在为他学校的科学展项目制作家谱 |
[01:09] | Well, I took over. | 我接手了 |
[01:13] | Yeah. I’ll make him do some of the gluing. | 好的 我会让他粘东西的 |
[01:17] | Okay. Yeah. Love you, too. Bye. | 好的 我也爱你 |
[01:24] | My dad in the 1970s. | 再见 这是我爸1970年代的照片 |
[01:27] | There was no better time to be in New York City. | 在纽约 没有比这更好的时代了 |
[01:29] | I know this only because he says it constantly. | 我之所以知道 是因为他总把这句话挂在嘴边 |
[01:33] | Yeah, I guess if you miss wall-to-wall porno theaters | 你一定很怀念随处可见的色情录像厅 |
[01:34] | and trashcan fires, the ’70s were your decade. | 和着火的垃圾桶 1970年代是你的黄金十年 |
[01:38] | But for my dad, they really were. | 但对我父亲而言 更是如此 |
[01:40] | – I’ve got an idea. Who wants to play… | 我有个主意 |
[01:44] | “Son of Sam?” | 谁想玩“山姆之子” 山姆之子 |
[01:47] | See, he spent a lot of those days | 你瞧 他大部分时间都用来 |
[01:49] | partying with friends and actors | 跟朋友 演员和艺术家们一起派对狂欢 |
[01:50] | and artists, completely carefree, | 无忧无虑 |
[01:52] | developing what he thinks is his greatest skill. | 培养他自认为最厉害的技能 |
[01:55] | Knowing when someone is hiding a secret from him. | 他知道一个人是否对他隐瞒了秘密 |
[01:58] | The object of the game is simple. | 游戏的目标很简单 |
[02:00] | If you’re the killer, kill. | 如果你拿到了杀手牌 目标是杀人 |
[02:05] | And if you’re anyone else, survive. | 如果你拿到了剩下的牌? 目标是活下来 |
[02:08] | Most of you are innocent blondes, but one of you | 你们中大部分人是无辜的金发女郎 |
[02:12] | is the Son of Sam killer… | 但你们其中一人是山姆之子凶手 |
[02:18] | …and I’m gonna find out who. | 我要把这个人找出来 |
[02:21] | Now, no cheating, Teddy. | 不准作弊 泰迪 |
[02:24] | – Who, me? | 谁 我吗 |
[02:25] | You know, sometimes I wonder | 有时 |
[02:27] | if he thought the parties would never end. | 我很好奇 他是不是认为派对永不结束 |
[02:29] | – Blackout! | 天黑请闭眼 |
[02:30] | Because for years, they didn’t. | 因为这么多年过去了 派对依然在继续 |
[02:32] | – One of you… is the Son of Sam killer. | 你们其中一人是山姆之子凶手 |
[02:38] | And I’m gonna find out who. | 我要找出这个人 |
[02:42] | Is it you, my darling wife, Roberta? | 是你吗 我亲爱的妻子 罗伯塔 |
[02:45] | See, he’s always been an observant guy. My dad. | 我父亲这个人 他很善于观察 |
[02:48] | It’s basically impossible to hide something from him. | 几乎没有什么能逃过他的眼睛 |
[02:50] | – Okay. Hold on. | 好吧 稍等我一下 |
[03:00] | William… | 威廉? |
[03:03] | Did you just sneak out of bed? | 你刚刚是不是偷偷下床了? |
[03:05] | – Um… No. | |
[03:07] | – Are you sure? You wouldn’t fib to your old father… | -没有 |
[03:10] | would you!? | -你确定吗 你不会欺骗你老爸的 |
[03:11] | – I admit it! I did! | 对吧 我承认 |
[03:15] | How come you always know? | 我下床了 但你怎么什么都知道 |
[03:18] | – Well, because everyone who has a secret has a tell. | 因为所有隐藏了秘密的人都有破绽 |
[03:23] | Both your sockies– Where’s that sock? Ah ha! | 你的两只袜子…你的袜子呢 |
[03:26] | Both your sockies are on, | 你的两只袜子都穿在脚上 |
[03:28] | but it’s well known that you hate sleeping in your sockies. | 但你最讨厌穿袜子睡觉了 |
[03:30] | That’s a tell. | 这就是破绽 |
[03:32] | Your door was ajar, but you like it closed to keep out the monsters. | 你的门开着 但你平时都关得很严 防止怪兽进来 |
[03:36] | I just know you, Willie. | 我太了解你了 威廉 |
[03:39] | Same way I know that Mom isn’t the Son of Sam tonight | 就像我知道妈妈不是今晚的山姆之子凶手 |
[03:41] | ’cause she ate some cheese, | 因为她吃了奶酪 |
[03:43] | and she only does that when she’s relaxed. | 她只有在放松的时候才会那么做 |
[03:46] | – You’re amazing, Dad. | 你好厉害 爸爸 |
[03:48] | – Well, you’re even more amazing | 你更厉害 |
[03:50] | for realizing how amazing I am so early in life. | 因为你早早就发现你爸爸有多厉害 |
[03:53] | Now, off to Dream Land, little boy. | 好了 |
[03:57] | Shh… | 进入梦乡吧 好孩子 |
[03:59] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[04:23] | Teddy… | 泰迪 |
[04:26] | You’re the killer. | 你是凶手 |
[04:37] | But, it turns out, | 山姆之子 |
[04:39] | you can hide a secret from my dad. | 但事实证明 你是可以对我父亲隐瞒秘密的 |
[04:44] | All you have to do is not know what you’re hiding. | 你需要做的就是 不知道自己在隐瞒什么 家谱 《大楼里只有谋杀》 |
[05:43] | It’s good you’re here. | 我很高兴你能来 |
[05:45] | Being in a place like this gives a gal a lot of time to think, | 待在这种地方 让一个女孩有很多时间思考 |
[05:47] | and I tend to get a little neurotic. | 而且我本身就有些神经质 |
[05:50] | I’m worried about us, Charles. Are we okay? | 我担心我们的关系 查尔斯 我们还好吗 |
[05:55] | – Are you insane? | 你疯了吗 |
[05:57] | – You mean, like, legally? I wish. | 你是指医学鉴定吗 我倒希望是 |
[06:02] | – I wanna know who killed Bunny. | 我想知道是谁杀了邦尼 |
[06:04] | And I thought you, | 然后我想到了你 |
[06:06] | as a maniac, | 作为一个疯子 |
[06:07] | might have some insight. | 也许会有些见解 |
[06:09] | – Oh, you guys are really struggling this season, aren’t you? | 你们这一季举步维艰 是吗 |
[06:13] | Mm, truthfully, I’m behind on your podcast. | 老实说 我还没听你们的播客 |
[06:15] | I only get 10 minutes of internet a day here, | 我每天只有十分钟上网时间 |
[06:18] | and mostly, I use it to watch pornography and TikToks. | 我大都用来看色情片和抖音了 |
[06:21] | Tell me about the case. | 跟我说说这个案子 |
[06:24] | – We know that Bunny was killed with a knife in Mabel’s apartment, | 我们知道邦尼是在梅布的公寓被人捅死的 |
[06:27] | and the killer composed the scene | 凶手伪装了现场 |
[06:30] | by placing a knitting needle in the wound | 将一根毛衣针插入伤口 |
[06:32] | to make the cops think we were involved. – Ew… | 让警察以为我们牵扯其中 |
[06:36] | Yum. Any theories? | 有趣 你们有线索了吗 |
[06:40] | – We were looking at Nina Lin, | 我们在调查妮娜·林 |
[06:42] | but we think that may be the wrong track. | 但我们可能搞错了 |
[06:44] | – Nina Lin? The Lululemon Gremlin? | 妮娜·林? 穿露露柠檬的小妖精? |
[06:48] | She’s not the stabbing type. | 她不是会捅人的类型 |
[06:50] | – Who is? A bloodthirsty bassoonist? | 那谁是?嗜血的巴松管演奏家? |
[06:53] | – Not in this case. | 在这个案子中不是 |
[06:54] | Though, I did stab my third one. | 不过我确实捅死了我的第三个受害者 |
[06:57] | You know, you really gotta know what you’re doing | 你必须得掌握一定的技巧 |
[06:59] | because, God forbid, you accidentally take out their | 因为万一不小心捅掉了他们的阑尾 |
[07:02] | appendix and save their life. | 搞不好还救了他们一命 |
[07:05] | – This was a mistake coming here. | 这是个错误 我就不该来这儿 |
[07:10] | – How can you pretend you don’t love this? | 你怎么能假装不为所动? |
[07:14] | The way we connect when we theorize and speculate. | 我们一起推理 分析案情时 彼此间的默契 |
[07:18] | It’s just like how we used to go back and forth | 就像我们在上一季的案件中不断构建推翻 |
[07:20] | about the last case. | |
[07:23] | – You mean the murder you committed? | 你是说你犯下的那个案子? |
[07:25] | – I don’t get hung up on the details. It’s the feelings that matter. | 我不关心细节 重要的是感觉 |
[07:30] | I know the real you, Charles. | 我了解真正的你 查尔斯 |
[07:34] | That last night we had together, | 我们最后缠绵的那一晚 |
[07:36] | we found our sweet spot. | 找到了彼此的敏感点 |
[07:42] | – You tried to kill me. | 你想要杀我 |
[07:44] | – Details. | 又是细节 |
[07:47] | Listen to what you said, Charles. | 听听你自己说的话 查尔斯 |
[07:50] | The killer composed the murder scene. | 凶手伪装了案发现场 |
[07:54] | That’s who you’re looking for. | 这就是你要找的人 |
[07:56] | A storyteller. An artist. | 一个讲故事的人 一个艺术家 |
[08:01] | – Go on. | 继续 |
[08:03] | An artist never finishes their piece in the middle. | 艺术家绝不对半途搁置自己的作品 |
[08:06] | They stick with it till the end. | 他们会坚持到最后 |
[08:09] | Finding ways to stay close to their work. | 尽可能地靠近他们的作品 |
[08:12] | Is someone staying close to you? | 有人靠近你吗 |
[08:14] | Does someone have a new friend? | 有谁交了新朋友吗 |
[08:18] | That’s your killer. | 那就是你要找的凶手 |
[08:20] | – So, you’re saying it’s not raining inside where you are? | 你是说你那边没下雨? |
[08:23] | – Skies are clear in this building. | -大楼里天气晴朗 |
[08:25] | Paint me a picture. What are you wearing right now? | -给我描述一下 你现在穿着什么? |
[08:27] | Actually, let me guess. Is it a, uh… | 算了 让我来猜猜 是… |
[08:30] | Is it a very, very sexy | 是不是一件1993年左右生产的 |
[08:32] | over-sized jumper circa 1993? | 非常性感的宽大毛衣外套 |
[08:36] | Wait, am I right? – That’s cute. | 等等 我猜对了? 真可爱 |
[08:39] | – I love that you have the same weekend attire as Norm from Cheers. | 我很开心你跟《干杯酒吧》里的诺姆 有一样的周末装扮 |
[08:43] | – How do you know what Cheers is? | 好吧 你怎么会知道《干杯酒吧》 |
[08:45] | I’m from London, not the moon. | 我是伦敦人 不是月球人 |
[08:47] | It’s funny, the turns life takes. | 人生际遇真的很奇妙 |
[08:50] | There I was, a posh girl being paid to party, | 当年我还是个 别人出钱请我去派对的时髦女孩 |
[08:52] | working on the door of the Rare Club. | 在高档夜总会门口查票 |
[08:54] | But even then, I still had this overwhelming feeling | 但即便那个时候 我就有一种预感 |
[08:57] | that I needed to check out the art scene of jolly old Bushwick, | 我日后将出入布什维克区的艺术场所 |
[09:01] | where, now, | 现在 |
[09:02] | my ceiling is weeping a brown liquid | 我的天花板在渗漏棕色液体 |
[09:04] | on the night I’m meant to be hosting a full collective get-together, | 而今天我要主持一个艺术家聚会 |
[09:07] | and I have no idea how I can get away with calling this a water feature, | 我不知道如果称之为水景的话 |
[09:10] | but do you have any ideas? – Jesus… | 能不能糊弄过去 你有什么好点子吗 |
[09:14] | – Jesus is right. – Um, hold on. | -上帝啊 -喊上帝是对的 |
[09:15] | I’m gonna put you on mute. | 稍等 我得切换成静音模式 |
[09:17] | Yeah, I should go anyway. I have to decide by 9:00 | 我反正也不能多聊了 我得在9点之前决定好 |
[09:19] | whether I need to mop up this sewage water or try and call it art, | 把这个下水管道修好 还是称之为艺术 |
[09:22] | so… Unless… | 所以… 除非 |
[09:25] | you’d ever in a million years host it at your palatial apartment? | 你愿意在你宫殿般的公寓 举办聚会? |
[09:28] | It’s just a small drinks thing. | 就是一个小型酒会 |
[09:30] | It’s just passing the hat, | 搞点募捐 |
[09:31] | a little get-together. | 大家聚聚 |
[09:35] | No, Actually, that’s such an imposition. Please, | 还是不要了 我太强人所难了 |
[09:37] | just forget I said anything. – You know what? | -就当我什么都没说吧 -你知道吗 |
[09:39] | I think having it here would be a grand idea. | 我想在我家举办聚会是一个很棒的主意 |
[09:42] | – Really? – Sure. I kinda hate | -真的吗 -当然 |
[09:44] | the idea of being alone in my place these days. | 我讨厌一个人待在公寓里 |
[09:47] | I could use the company. – Wow! Amazing! Okay, this will be so fun. | -多些人热闹热闹也好 -哇 太棒了 放心 一定会很尽兴的 |
[09:50] | I’ll organize everything. I’ll get the wine, | 我负责安排一切 我会带酒的 |
[09:52] | and you just don’t worry about a thing. | 你什么都不用操心 |
[09:54] | – I won’t. – Okay, see you later. | -我不会的 -好了 |
[10:11] | Good, guys. | 到时见 泡菜餐馆 |
[10:12] | Flap those wings. Scary, guys, scary. | 很好 挥动翅膀 |
[10:15] | I gotta say, Dad, | 真吓人 孩子们 |
[10:17] | what you’ve done with the production value here… | 我得说一句 爸爸 你不知道你解决了我多大的难题 |
[10:19] | – Oh, it’s just my old costume buddies. You’re the one who cast the perfect Toto. | 就是一些之前的戏服 你指导的“托托”才叫一绝 |
[10:22] | That’s because I’m better at directing the dog than the kids. | 因为比起孩子 我更擅长指导狗拍戏 |
[10:25] | – I just think it’s so great to have another Putnam in the theater. | 咱们家又出了个导演 感觉太棒了 |
[10:28] | You know our family roots in this business of show | 咱们家族往上数五代人 |
[10:30] | go back five generations. | 都在演艺界摸爬滚打 |
[10:32] | Showmanship and desperation must be | 表现欲和绝望一定是 |
[10:34] | the twin helixes of our family DNA. | 我们家族基因的双螺旋链 |
[10:36] | – You know, I wonder if that’s gonna show up in the ancestry test | 我很好奇那是否会在亨利科学展项目 |
[10:39] | we had to take for Henry’s science fair project. | 的血统检测结果中有所体现 |
[10:41] | Oh, by the way, we could use your help with that, if you don’t mind. | 对了 如果你不介意的话 我们需要你的帮忙 |
[10:43] | – Sure. What do you need? | 没问题 你需要我做什么? |
[10:45] | Saliva I can give you right now. Urine might take a minute. | 口水现在就能给你 尿液可能需要酝酿一会 |
[10:52] | – Eh, it’s good to have you around, Dad. | 有你在真好 爸爸 |
[10:54] | You know, any time you want to stop by, | 随时欢迎你来 |
[10:56] | I know the kids will love it. | 我知道孩子们肯定会很高兴 |
[10:58] | – Well, let’s… let’s make it a standing thing, okay? | 我们… 我们把这变成一个常设活动吧 好吗 |
[11:01] | And I swear, I will never allow | 我发誓我永远不会让我对家庭的承诺 |
[11:03] | the commitment to my family to take a backseat to– | 让位于任何… |
[11:05] | Oh, hold on. I gotta get this. | 等下 我接个电话 |
[11:07] | Oh! I gotta split. Okay. – Yeah. | 梅布 来我家 尽快 -我得走了 -是啊 |
[11:09] | – Alright. Henry! Where are you? | 好了 亨利 你在哪 |
[11:11] | There you are, baby. Grandpa’s gotta go. | 你在这儿呢 宝贝 爷爷要走了 |
[11:14] | Okay, kids! Rush hour is approaching, | 好了 孩子们 下班高峰要到了 |
[11:16] | and the tunnel will be as packed as Orson Welles’ colon. | 隧道会像奥森·威尔斯的大肠一样 挤得水泄不通 |
[11:19] | Kids, Dad, kids… | 有孩子在场 爸爸 |
[11:22] | – No, it’s clever. It’s clever. | -注意影响 -没事 我这个比喻太赞了 |
[11:26] | – Alright, let’s go. Let’s take it from the top. | 好了 我们从头来一遍 |
[11:29] | – “…as Orson Welles’ colon.” | “像奥森·威尔斯的大肠” |
[11:32] | And everyone laughed, especially the kids. | 所有人都笑了 |
[11:36] | Ooh. Is that the matchbook in question? | 尤其是孩子们 这就是你们说的火柴盒? |
[11:39] | – No! Fingerprints! – Sorry. | -别碰 -指纹 |
[11:40] | The Pickle Diner? – Look. Is that blood? | 抱歉 “泡菜餐馆”? 看 这是血迹吗 |
[11:43] | – Or is that a spot of ketchup? | 还是番茄酱? |
[11:45] | – Interesting. | 有意思 |
[11:47] | Tell me, matchbook. | 告诉我 |
[11:49] | Are you clue or condiment? | 火柴盒 你是线索还是调味料 |
[11:52] | – So, the killer stabs Bunny here, | 所以 |
[11:54] | and then leaves through the hole in the bottom of my closet. | 凶手在这里捅死了邦尼 然后从我衣柜后面的洞口离开 |
[11:57] | – Hole in the closet? This is new. I didn’t hear that. | 衣柜的洞口?这倒新鲜了 我不知道这事 |
[11:59] | – And during the escape, drops the matchbook. | 在逃离途中 不慎掉落了火柴盒 |
[12:03] | – I must have come in right after that. Bunny said “14” and… | 我一定是刚好在那之后进来的 邦尼说了“14”和… |
[12:08] | – Passage. | 通道 |
[12:10] | – Maybe that’s what Bunny said. Not “savage.” | 也许邦尼说的是这个 不是“萨维奇” |
[12:13] | “Passage.” – Maybe, but it’s all still a blur. | 而是“通道” 有可能 但我记不清了 |
[12:17] | – B-but if someone was running through the walls, | 如果有人在墙里穿行 |
[12:19] | you’d think you’d hear something. | 你应该能听到动静 |
[12:21] | So, is it that you didn’t hear anything or you don’t remember hearing anything? | 所以 你是什么都没听到 还是你不记得听到了 |
[12:25] | Where’s the blur exactly? | 具体是哪种情况 |
[12:27] | – I’m not… It was– it was a hectic moment. | 我不… 当时…当时我很慌乱 |
[12:30] | – What’s the difference between hearing something | 听到动静和记得听到动静 |
[12:32] | and remembering hearing something? Well, Charles, | 这两者有什么区别 |
[12:35] | memory can contain both objective reality | 查尔斯 记忆可能包含 |
[12:37] | and subjective perception. For example, | 客观现实和主观感受 举个例子 |
[12:40] | you remember being a huge television star, | 你记得自己是一个著名的电视明星 |
[12:44] | but I remember flipping past Brazzos | 但我记得看到《布拉佐斯》立刻调台 |
[12:46] | to watch the Iran-Contra hearings. So, Mabel, | 看伊朗军售案听证会 |
[12:49] | what do you remember? – Not the Iran-Contra. | 所以 梅布 |
[12:51] | – Oh, that one’s easy. | 你记得什么 -肯定不是伊朗军售案 -很简单 |
[12:53] | Ronald Reagan, who I didn’t always agree with politically, | 罗纳德·里根 虽然我并不总是 赞同他的政治观点 |
[12:55] | but whose acting chops and hair color I respected, | 但他的演技和发色我是十分欣赏的 |
[12:58] | was opposed to something called the Boland Amendment… | 与伯兰德修正案相违背… |
[13:00] | Whoa, whoa, whoa! He’s skipping over | 他取消了卡特的伊朗武器禁运政策… |
[13:02] | the Carter Iranian arms embargo! – She doesn’t need me to recap the whole embassy standoff. | 她不需要我重述大使馆对峙事件的全过程 |
[13:07] | Couple of names to remember. Robert McFarlane and John Poindexter. | 说几个关键人物 |
[13:10] | – And don’t forget Weinberger and North. – I wasn’t going to. | -罗伯特·麦法兰和约翰·波因德克斯特 -别忘了温伯格和诺斯 |
[13:13] | – Or the Tower Commission. – I wasn’t going to! | -我没忘 -还有托尔委员会 |
[13:15] | I know all the players! | 我没忘 我知道所有相关人物 |
[13:17] | Negroponte, Noriega, Hasenfus. | -尼葛洛庞帝 诺列加 |
[13:19] | – He forgot Ed Meese, everybody! | 汉森福斯 -他忘了爱德·密斯 各位 |
[13:22] | – Yeah, I wasn’t going to forget Ed Meese, everybody! | 我没忘爱德·密斯 各位 |
[13:25] | But, I’ll tell you who we did forget… | 但我告诉你 我们把谁忘了 |
[13:28] | Fawn Hall! | 范恩·霍尔 |
[13:31] | – My god, shut up! I don’t care about any of this! | 天啊 闭嘴 我根本不关心这些 |
[13:34] | – Well, you should. It’s worse than Watergate. | 你应该关心 这事比水门事件还恶劣 |
[13:35] | Just not as interesting. Okay, so… | 而且不及水门事件有趣 -好了 |
[13:37] | let’s focus. – Okay. | 我们专注案件吧 -好 |
[13:39] | – Does this matchbook belong to the killer? | 这个火柴盒是凶手的吗 |
[13:43] | – Wouldn’t it be nice if it was just simple this time? | 也许这次没那么复杂 |
[13:48] | If he was, like, a lifelong matchbook collector | 如果他是火柴盒收藏家 |
[13:51] | or a regular at the Pickle Diner. | 或是泡菜餐馆的常客 |
[13:54] | – There’s only one way to find out. | 只有一个办法能查清楚 |
[13:58] | – And here’s my list of regulars. – Thank you, Ivan. | -这是我常客的名单 -谢谢你 伊万 |
[14:02] | – How can you still be hungry? | 你怎么还能吃得下 |
[14:05] | – Charles, need I remind you that there is a killer | 查尔斯 需要我提醒你吗 |
[14:08] | traveling through the walls of the Arconia who can hear everything we’re saying, | 有个凶手在阿卡尼亚的墙壁中间穿行 能听到我们说的一切 |
[14:11] | and I can’t think of a single, safer location to work in | 我找不到一个比这里更安全的 |
[14:14] | that also has dips. Although these are pretty watery, truth be told. | 且有蘸酱的工作地点 不过 说实话 这个酱太稀了 |
[14:17] | – I agree. Not with the whole dip obsession. | 我同意 我指的不是蘸酱 |
[14:20] | Think it’s a crime against nutrition. | 我认为这样毫无营养 |
[14:23] | This is great. | 这个名单很棒 |
[14:24] | Half of Ivan’s list is in Russian. | 伊万名单上的一半人都是俄语名字 |
[14:27] | – The person who did this composed the scene | 凶手伪装了现场来讲述一个故事 |
[14:30] | to tell a story. | |
[14:32] | So, who did Bunny know who was | 所以 |
[14:33] | a-a storytelling artist-type | 邦尼认识的人当中 谁是擅长讲故事的艺术家类型 |
[14:36] | or an artsy storyteller-type? | 或是有艺术气息的作家类型 |
[14:38] | – Okay, Carl Jung PI. | 好吧 荣格 |
[14:41] | Maybe the killer is our shadow selves. | 私家侦探 也许凶手是我们阴暗的自我 |
[14:43] | Maybe it’s my grandson. | 也许是我孙子 |
[14:45] | You know, he recently got interested in the arts, | 他最近对艺术很感兴趣 |
[14:47] | although he’s more of a… mathlete at heart. | 虽然在内心深处他更迷恋数学 |
[14:49] | It’s hard to believe he’s blood relative. | 很难相信他跟我有血缘关系 |
[14:51] | – The only blood that we should be thinking about right now | 说到血 |
[14:54] | is whose blood… | 我们现在应该思考的是 秘密通道捡到的火柴盒上的血… |
[14:55] | – Uh, or ketchup. | 或是番茄酱 |
[14:57] | – …was on the matchbook in the… | 是谁的 |
[14:58] | secret passageways. | |
[15:00] | – What? | – What? -什么 -什么 |
[15:02] | Secret passageways. | 秘密通道 |
[15:04] | Can’t hear what you’re saying. | 我听不到你说什么 |
[15:05] | – The fucking secret passageways! | 该死的秘密通道 |
[15:07] | Hey, sorry. Did you just say that the killer | 嘿 抱歉 |
[15:10] | is an artist crawling throughout the Arconia’s secret passageways? | 你刚才说凶手是在阿卡尼亚 秘密通道中穿行的艺术家? |
[15:13] | – I believe it. – That’s big! | -我信 -重大突破 |
[15:14] | – Our fans! You rascals. | 我们的粉丝? |
[15:16] | Issue yourselves a spoiler alert. | 你们这些家伙 剧透警告 |
[15:18] | – You know, I think I know about those passageways. | 我想我知道那些通道 |
[15:21] | I do mold removal in the building. – But, you think they’re secret? | 我为大楼除霉 但你认为那些是秘密吗 |
[15:24] | – We are not prepared to confirm any theory at this particular juncture. | 目前这个阶段 我们不打算下任何定论 |
[15:28] | Nice job alerting the world | 谢谢你告诉大家我们毫无头绪 |
[15:29] | that we have no theories, Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[15:31] | But please, continue to wax poetic | 但是请继续对凶手的内在孩童做诗意解读 |
[15:33] | about our killer’s inner child. – Oh. | |
[15:35] | So, their psychological motivation is not important? | 怎么 他们的心理动机就不重要了? |
[15:38] | They’re toying with us. | 他们在耍我们 |
[15:40] | They have to get close to do that. | 他们一定距离我们很近才做得到 |
[15:41] | So, is anyone new trying to get close to us? | 所以 有没有新人试图接近我们 爱丽丝 派对在去往你家的路上 很快就到 |
[15:53] | – What? | 一切顺利 怎么了 |
[15:55] | This isn’t that. | 不是你们想的那样 |
[15:56] | This is just a friend who’s an artist. | 只是一个艺术家朋友 |
[16:01] | Alice is not a killer. She’s… | 爱丽丝不是凶手 |
[16:04] | an intimidatingly cool English girl | 她是一个令人生畏的英国酷女孩 |
[16:07] | I’ve been on a few dates with. | 我跟她约会了几次 |
[16:08] | – Dates? Like… | 约会?像是… |
[16:11] | – Oh. | 看看咱俩这反射弧 |
[16:13] | – Oh. Look at the wheels turn slowly. So slowly. | 太长了 |
[16:18] | Don’t you know it’s very hip to be bisexual these days, Charles? | 你不知道现在双性恋 是特别潮的一件事吗 查尔斯 |
[16:21] | You’re lucky. You know, back in the ’70s, I had to hide the fact | 你很幸运 要知道 |
[16:24] | that I had a lesbian lover. You know, | 在1970年代 我必须要极力掩盖 我有一个女同情人的事实 |
[16:26] | my daughter came out recently, | 我女儿最近出柜了 |
[16:27] | and I was so proud. | 我特别骄傲 |
[16:29] | She says I’m dead to her, | 她说我对她来说是个死人 |
[16:31] | but could a dead man “like” a Facebook post? | 但死人能点赞脸书动态吗 |
[16:35] | – Anyway, Alice’s gallery got flooded, | 总之 爱丽丝的画廊被水淹了 |
[16:37] | so she’s going to throw a party at my place tonight. | 所以她今晚要在我家开派对 |
[16:39] | – And we weren’t invited? | 没邀请我们吗 |
[16:41] | – You’re having a party at the crime scene? | 你们要在案发现场开派对? |
[16:42] | – It’s not really a party. It’s… very last minute. | 也不能算是派对吧 临时决定的 |
[16:46] | It’s just a get-together. You guys wouldn’t wanna come. | 就是朋友们小聚一下 你们不会想来的 |
[16:49] | – Invitation accepted! | 接受邀请 |
[16:50] | I have the perfect waistcoat to wear. | 我正好有一件适合派对穿的马甲 |
[16:52] | It’s brand new. – Can I go in this? | -是全新的 -我能去吗 |
[16:54] | Is that a serious question, | 你这是在严肃的发问 |
[16:55] | or do you think the theme of this party is “open casket funeral?” | 还是说你认为这次派对的主题是开棺葬礼 |
[16:58] | Oh! | |
[17:00] | I’ll get this. | 我来付吧 |
[17:02] | Oh, thank you. Guys, | 谢谢 |
[17:04] | just please be normal. Please. | 伙计们 拜托你们俩正常点 |
[17:07] | Okay. | -拜托了 -好的 |
[17:14] | – Finally, some story progress. | 终于有了些进展 |
[17:16] | – After that episode about the shit-talking bird… | 经过了说脏话的鸟那集 |
[17:19] | – And the baby-maker Board president? | 和怀孕的业委会主席? |
[17:21] | – Oh, I’m just glad that they don’t have a theory pointing to themselves. | 我只是很开心他们没有得出 把矛头对准自己的理论 |
[17:24] | – I like that Mabel’s dating a woman. Very progressive. | 我很开心梅布跟女生约会 |
[17:37] | – Mm. Okay. | 非常有进步精神 |
[17:39] | The good news is you’re not the worst dressed guest here. | 好吧 好消息是你不是穿戴最差劲的客人 |
[17:42] | Pleasure to meet you, Professor. | 很高兴认识你 |
[17:44] | Did you ride here in a hot air balloon? | 博士 |
[17:46] | – Mm-hmm. – Ah. | 你是坐热气球来的吗 |
[17:48] | – There she is. The artist. | 她在那 |
[17:51] | I don’t trust her. | 那个艺术家 我不相信她 |
[17:52] | And when did they start dating again? Right after Bunny’s murder. | 她们什么时候开始约会的来着 就在邦尼遇害之后 |
[17:55] | – Okay, you’re being paranoid. Can our friend not have one nice thing? | 好吧 你太多疑了 我们的朋友就不能谈一场甜蜜的恋爱吗 |
[17:58] | – Can I say I couldn’t be more excited | 能认识两位我倍感荣幸 |
[18:01] | to meet both the of you? – Oh! | |
[18:03] | – And hold on. Charles, | -等下 查尔斯 |
[18:04] | were you not in… Here we go. | 你是不是演过… -开始了 |
[18:06] | – …that Swedish movie | 那个野外露营三人行 |
[18:08] | with that tempestuous throuple that go camping | |
[18:11] | and torture each other with orgasms? | 用高潮来折磨彼此的瑞典电影? |
[18:13] | – You saw Encounter at Uppsala? | 你看过《情迷乌普萨拉》? |
[18:15] | I played the park ranger. Fabulously, | 我扮演公园管理员 |
[18:17] | by the way. If it were anyone else’s hands, | 演得很好 如果换作别人来演 |
[18:20] | it would have just been an average peeping tom. | 就会变成普通的偷窥狂 |
[18:22] | It’s one of the most memorable half-scenes of the entire film. Honestly. | 说实话 那是整部电影中 最令人印象深刻的转场场景 |
[18:26] | – And how did you see this movie? | 你怎么会看到这部电影 |
[18:28] | – I took a class on deviant sexuality in Scandinavian cinema. | 我上过斯堪的纳维亚电影变态性行为的课 |
[18:31] | By the way, I love your waistcoat. | 顺便一提 |
[18:33] | I used to have one just like it. | 我喜欢你的马甲 我原来有过一件类似的 |
[18:35] | – Oh, I-I doubt that. | 我表示怀疑 |
[18:37] | So tell me, how did you and Mabel meet? | 跟我说说 你跟梅布是怎么认识的 |
[18:40] | Because it’s so impossible to pry any information | 因为这位可爱的小姑娘 |
[18:43] | out of this adorable little vault. | 什么都不肯透露 |
[18:44] | – Well, okay, why don’t you guys go to the bar? | 好吧 不如你们去吧台喝一杯吧 |
[18:46] | It’s the door being used as a table. | 就是那扇被用来当桌子的门 |
[18:53] | – I hate to say it, but I think you may be right about our Alice. | 虽然我不愿意承认 但我想你对爱丽丝的判断也许是对的 |
[18:56] | There’s something about that story. | 那个故事总觉得不对劲 |
[18:58] | – She’s fantastic! She didn’t do it. | 她多棒啊 不是她干的 |
[19:01] | – So, some strange woman praises your one foreign film foray, | 某个陌生女人称赞了 你在外国影片上的尝试 |
[19:06] | and, all of a sudden, you trust her, It’s the Jan thing all over again. | 突然之间 你就相信她了 这简直是珍那件事的重演 |
[19:09] | – Okay. Uh, fair enough, | 好吧 |
[19:10] | but what are the odds of that happening again? | 有道理 但那种事再次发生的几率有多大 |
[19:12] | And you can’t go around thinking everybody’s lying. | 你不能把所有人都看作是骗子 |
[19:14] | – Yeah, I only think it if they’re lying, | 只有他们撒谎的时候 我才会把他们看作是骗子 |
[19:16] | and everyone has a tell. | 而且每个人都有破绽 |
[19:18] | – Oh? Really? What’s my tell? | 是吗 我的破绽是什么 |
[19:21] | – Your tell is that you don’t have a tell. | 你的破绽是你没有破绽 |
[19:23] | You’re just as uncomfortable as you look. | 你跟你看上去一样尴尬拘谨 |
[19:27] | I’ll be right back. – You can’t leave me here. | -我马上回来 -嘿 你不能扔下我一个人 |
[19:29] | I’m not good at parties! | 我不擅长应对派对这种场合 |
[19:32] | Oh, hi. – Hi! | 嗨 |
[19:33] | I-I’m nervous to talk to people because I can come off creepy. | 与人交谈让我很紧张 因为我可能会有令人不适的惊人之语 |
[19:41] | – Okay, zoomers! | 好了 Z世代 |
[19:43] | This shindig is flat-lining, | 派对快要无聊死了 |
[19:45] | but thankfully, Dr. Oliver Feelgood’s | 但是谢天谢地 |
[19:47] | got something to jump-start its heart. | 妙手回春的奥利弗医生 有办法让它起死回生 |
[19:50] | A party game. – Oliver, what are you doing? | -派对游戏 -奥利弗 你在干什么 |
[19:53] | – Oh, I know we’re all too cool for this, Mabel. | 我知道我们不屑于玩这种游戏 梅布 |
[19:55] | You know who else thought he was too cool? | 但你知道还有谁同样不可一世吗 |
[19:57] | Andy Warhol. I knew him. | 安迪·沃霍尔 我认识他 |
[20:00] | Taught him how to play at the Factory in ’79. | 1979年 我在他的工厂工作室 教会他玩这个游戏 |
[20:02] | – This is demented. I’m in. – Wonderful. Step one, | 感觉挺疯的 我加入 好极了 |
[20:06] | drugs! But, fair warning, they may be a few decades old. | 第一步 嗑药 但友情提示下 可能过期了几十年 |
[20:09] | Red before green, you’re peeing clean. | 先红后绿 尿液干净 |
[20:11] | Green before red, your liver’s dead. | 先绿后红 肝脏完蛋 |
[20:14] | – What is he doing? – He’s either pushing | 他在干什么 |
[20:15] | Benzedrine or penicillin. | 那药要么是苯丙胺 要么是盘尼西林 |
[20:17] | – It’s an innocent game. Now, everyone get pilled out | 这是个无伤大雅的游戏 等药劲上来了 |
[20:20] | and prepare to travel back to gritty-go-go-in-your-face, | 大家就跟我一起穿越回 那个摇摆舞女郎的时代 |
[20:23] | Dancin’, Bronx on fire, let’s go Knicks! | 《舞蹈》 布朗克斯区大火 |
[20:27] | Mean Streets. Taxi Driver. Muppets Take Manhattan. | “加油 尼克斯队” |
[20:30] | New York City of 1977! | 《穷街陋巷》 《出租车司机》《木偶出征百老汇》 1977年的纽约 |
[20:33] | And… blackout! | 天黑请闭眼 |
[20:36] | It’s a hot, sweaty summer night, | 那是一个闷热的夏日夜晚 |
[20:38] | and there’s a madman on the loose. | 一个疯子在外游荡 |
[20:42] | The game is Son of Sam. | 游戏的名字叫“山姆之子” |
[20:45] | Now, no one show each other your cards. | 每个人捂好自己的牌 不要给别人看 |
[20:48] | Most of you are innocent blondes, but one of you | 你们中大部分人是无辜的金发女郎 |
[20:53] | is the Son of Sam Killer. | 但你们其中一人是山姆之子凶手 |
[20:58] | Each round, after I quietly whisper, | 每一轮 |
[21:01] | “blackout!” | 当我轻轻地说出 “天黑请闭眼”之后 |
[21:03] | We all put our hands into the center, | 我们都把手放到中间 |
[21:06] | close our eyes, | 闭上眼睛 |
[21:09] | and the Son of Sam will secretly… | 山姆之子将会悄悄地掐一个受害人 |
[21:11] | pinch a victim like so. | 就像这样 |
[21:13] | Ah! and that pinch means that you’ve just had your head blown off in a parked car. | 这一下代表你在停好的车里被一枪爆头 |
[21:17] | Blam. | 砰砰 |
[21:22] | Blackout ends. We discuss, we debate. | 天亮之后 我们讨论 辩论 |
[21:24] | If we vote for the wrong person, | 如果我们投票选错了人 继续下一轮 |
[21:27] | blackout and so on, | 如此往复 |
[21:29] | until we have correctly identified the killer | 直到我们找出那个凶手 |
[21:32] | or every innocent blonde in Bay Ridge | 或者湾脊区所有无辜的金发女郎 |
[21:35] | has been slaughtered by the Son of Sam. | 都惨遭山姆之子的杀戮 |
[21:39] | – Oh, I used to play this game in Oxford, | 我以前在牛津玩过这个游戏 |
[21:41] | although we called it Jack the Ripper. | 不过我们叫它“开膛手杰克” |
[21:43] | – No. We’re in New York in the ’70s, Alice. Pay attention. | 不 我们在1970年代的纽约 |
[21:47] | You haven’t even been born yet. | 爱丽丝 注意听 你那会还没出生呢 |
[21:49] | Now, everyone ready? Get into the center. | 好了 大家都准备好了吗 到中间来 |
[21:55] | Blackout. | 天黑请闭眼 |
[21:56] | Eyes closed. | 闭上眼睛 |
[21:59] | Wait for the killer’s pinch. | 等待凶手掐人 |
[22:01] | Three, two, one! | 三 二 一 |
[22:09] | – I’m so dead. | 我死了 |
[22:10] | Ah. Now, would anyone like to begin | 好了 |
[22:13] | the investigation with a few questions? | 有人愿意提问 开始调查吗 |
[22:16] | – Charles is totally the killer. | 查尔斯是凶手 |
[22:18] | – Wait, that’s not even a question. | 等等 这根本不是问题 |
[22:20] | – Who else agrees? There’s a question. | 还有谁同意 这是个问题 |
[22:25] | – I’m no killer, Mabel. I’m just a curious coed from the Midwest, | 我不是凶手 梅布 我只是一个来自中西部的好奇的女学生 |
[22:28] | hoping to kiss my first Italian. | 希望能亲到第一个意大利人 |
[22:30] | – Well, as usual, I find your acting unconvincing. Let’s vote. | 和往常一样 你的表演不够令人信服 |
[22:33] | Who thinks it’s Charles? Yep. | 我们投票吧 谁认为凶手是查尔斯 |
[22:35] | – Sorry, but you’ve been found guilty | 抱歉 你被一群 |
[22:37] | by a vigilante mob of bridge-and-tunnel lunatics. | 住在桥上和隧道的用私刑的疯子认定有罪 |
[22:41] | – You all have blood on your hands. | 你们的手上都沾满了鲜血 |
[22:45] | – You must now spend the rest of the game over by that couch, | 接下来的游戏时间 你可以坐在那边的沙发 |
[22:47] | eating pretzels in purgatory. | 在炼狱中吃椒盐饼干 |
[22:49] | – Mm, sorry, Charles. – Yeah, me, too. | -抱歉 查尔斯 -我也是 |
[22:52] | Alright! Everyone, back in the center. | 好了 所有人回到中间来 |
[22:53] | And… blackout! | 天黑请闭眼 |
[22:57] | Eyes closed. Wait for the killer’s pinch. | 闭上眼睛 等待凶手掐人 染成金发的女郎伯莎 贝塔盒式录像机早期使用者 |
[23:16] | Blackout after blackout, the Son of Sam struck, | 夜复一夜 山姆之子持续作恶 |
[23:19] | and all efforts to catch the killer came to nought. | 所有追捕凶手的努力都化为乌有 |
[23:24] | And then there were three. | 现在就剩下三个人了 |
[23:26] | Only is it three? Or is it two | 只是 |
[23:29] | and a psycho killer? | 这是三个无辜的人吗 还有两个无辜的人和一个变态杀手 |
[23:31] | – You play many roles, Oliver. | 你扮演了很多角色 奥利弗 |
[23:32] | What’s stopping you from being the murderer? | 是什么阻止你走上犯罪道路 |
[23:34] | – I know for a fact | 我知道你就是山姆之子 |
[23:36] | that you’re the Son of Sam, Alice. | 爱丽丝 |
[23:38] | – Moi? What’s got you pointing the finger at me then? | 我?你为什么说是我? |
[23:41] | – Simple. You have a tell. | 很简单 你有破绽 |
[23:44] | You play with your hair when you’re lying like you’re doing right now. | 你撒谎的时候会摆弄头发 就像你现在这样 |
[23:47] | – That is something that you do. | 你确实有这个习惯 |
[23:49] | – I like playing with my hair. It’s not a tell. | 我喜欢摆弄头发 这不是破绽 |
[23:51] | – You did the exact same thing | 你说起自己是时髦的艺术家后人时 |
[23:53] | when you were talking about your life | |
[23:55] | as a posh little art legacy. | 也有同样的举动 |
[23:56] | – Well, that wasn’t a lie. – Wasn’t it? | -那不是谎言 -不是吗 |
[23:58] | You did the same thing when you mentioned going to Oxford. | 你说你在牛津读书时 也做了同样的事 |
[24:01] | – I didn’t. – Is this still a game? | -我没有 -这还是游戏吗 |
[24:03] | – You’re not who you say you are. Why did you really befriend Mabel? | 你不是你口中的那个人 你跟梅布做朋友的真正原因是什么 |
[24:06] | – Okay, this has to stop. | -好了 |
[24:07] | – I know you’re the Son of Sam | 到此打住吧 -我知道你是山姆之子 |
[24:08] | and potentially worse. | 真相可能更加惊悚 |
[24:10] | – Hey, pretzel boy, you wanna help me out here? | 喂 椒盐饼干男孩 你要帮我说句话吗 |
[24:16] | – I know it seems crazy, | 我知道这听上去很扯 |
[24:17] | but Alice came into your life so soon after Bunny died. | 但邦尼被害后 爱丽丝立刻就走进了你的生活 |
[24:21] | We thought she might be up to something. | 我们以为她可能有所图谋 |
[24:23] | – And she is. She’s lying to you, | 她确实有 她骗了你和今晚在场的所有人 |
[24:25] | and everyone else here tonight, aren’t you? | -对吗 -我没有 |
[24:27] | – No… Stop! – Admit it. | -承认吧 -够了 |
[24:29] | – You never saw his weird Swedish porno film, | 你没看过他那部诡异的瑞典色情片 |
[24:31] | and you are not who you say you are. – Okay! | 你也不是你口中的那个人 好吧 |
[24:35] | Fine. | 你说对了 |
[24:37] | I didn’t go to Oxford. | 我没去牛津 |
[24:39] | And no one in my family is rich or is in the arts. | 我家族里没有富人 也都跟艺术不搭边 |
[24:43] | But, who wants to buy a $50,000 painting | 但谁会花五万块 |
[24:45] | from the daughter of a plumber from Essex? | 买一个埃塞克斯水管工女儿的画作 |
[24:50] | I didn’t think so. I’ve had to lie | 我想也是 |
[24:53] | to create some legitimacy for myself in this world. | 我必须撒谎 才能在这个世界上立足 |
[24:56] | And yes, I get the irony in what I just said. | 是的 我知道我这句话有多么讽刺 |
[25:01] | And now, if you are done humiliating me… | 如果你羞辱够我了 |
[25:05] | Game over, please. Thank you. | 请结束这个游戏吧 谢谢 |
[25:18] | – Innocent blonde. | 无辜的金发女郎 |
[25:21] | I thought for sure she did it. | 我真以为是她干的 |
[25:24] | – If this is what people do at parties, I’m out. | 如果这就是所谓的派对 那我走了 给我最爱的伊万 亲吻和拥抱 |
[26:12] | Everybody’s gone. | 人都走了 |
[26:23] | Brave. | 真勇敢 |
[26:25] | – I know. I’m a coward. | 我知道 我是个懦夫 |
[26:28] | I can’t stand it when people are mad at me. | 我受不了别人生我的气 |
[26:30] | – Well, I am mad. | 我确实很生气 |
[26:32] | At Charles and Oliver, too, but especially you. | 生查尔斯和奥利弗的气 但更生你的气 |
[26:36] | You lied to me, | 你骗了我 |
[26:37] | and I’m not leaving here until you tell me why. | 你要是不告诉我原因 我不会走的 |
[26:40] | – It’s hard to explain. | 很难解释 |
[26:42] | I always knew I wanted to be an artist. | 我从小的梦想就是当艺术家 |
[26:44] | Oh god, it sounds so trite when you say it out loud, but… | 天啊 |
[26:49] | for me, it’s true. | 说出口显得很老套 但这是真的 |
[26:51] | And all the things that got in the way… | 而我面对的一切阻碍… |
[26:54] | going to the wrong schools, | 上错了学校 |
[26:57] | not knowing anyone important or famous | 不认识任何有头有脸的人物 |
[26:59] | or even vaguely interesting, | 甚至还有趣的人都不认识… |
[27:01] | it felt like something I could never have overcome, so I lied. | 我感觉我这辈子都混不出头了 所以我撒谎了 |
[27:06] | But, I should’ve been honest with you. | 但我应该对你诚实 |
[27:10] | I owed you that. | 这是我欠你的 |
[27:12] | I didn’t know how to tell you, and I’m sorry. | 我只是不知道该怎么跟你说 对不起 |
[27:19] | – Everyone lies a little. | 每个人都会撒谎 |
[27:22] | I lie. | 我也会撒谎 |
[27:23] | – About what? | 关于什么 |
[27:27] | – Remember when we went to that Thai restaurant, | 还记得我们去那家泰国餐厅吃饭 |
[27:29] | and you asked me if I thought the larb was too spicy? | 你问我鸭肉是不是太辣 |
[27:32] | And I was like, “no.” | 我说 “不辣” |
[27:34] | I was fucking lying. | 我骗了你 |
[27:37] | Also, whenever anyone asks me | 另外 |
[27:40] | if I’ve heard of a band or a movie, | 每次别人问我有没有听说过 某个乐队和电影 |
[27:42] | I’m like, “yeah!” | 我都会说 “听过” |
[27:45] | I’m fucking lying. | 我在撒谎 |
[27:48] | – Are we okay? | 我们没事了吗 |
[27:50] | – I’m glad that you told me the truth. | 我很高兴你说出了真相 |
[27:54] | I have trust issues. | 我有信任危机 |
[27:59] | – There’s a band called Trust Issues. Have you heard of them? | 有个乐队叫“信任危机” |
[28:01] | They’re really good. | 你听说过吗 |
[28:04] | – Hey. | 他们的歌很好听 |
[28:07] | No more half truths, okay? | 不要再说半真半假的谎言了 好吗 |
[28:18] | Wait, she’s dating an actual artist? No kidding. | 等等 她真的在跟艺术家约会 不会吧 |
[28:22] | That’s like a criminal profiling hole-in-one. | 这简直是完美的罪犯画像 |
[28:25] | Yeah, but, uh, now I’m not so sure. | 是啊 但我现在不那么确信了 |
[28:27] | Why? Is she flirting with you? I’m getting a wee bit jealous. | 为什么 她跟你调情了? 我有点嫉妒 |
[28:31] | – There’s nothing to be jealous abo– | 没什么好嫉妒的 |
[28:33] | Also, we’re not a couple! | -而且 我们不是情侣 |
[28:34] | – You’re a detective. Look at the evidence. | -你是警探 看看证据 |
[28:37] | We’re a good match. | 我们是天造地设的一对 |
[28:40] | You brought out something in my bassoon playing. | 你给了我演奏巴松管的灵感 |
[28:43] | Something feral. – Stop it. | 充满野性 别说了 |
[28:46] | – Oh, Charles. | 查尔斯 |
[28:48] | If you wanted me to stop, you’d just hang up. | 如果你想让我停下 只要挂电话就行了 |
[28:55] | – I heard you talking about Bunny this morning, | 我听到你今早提到了邦尼 |
[28:58] | make me think I should return the money she gave me. | 我觉得我应该把她给我的钱还回去 |
[29:01] | I don’t want any trouble. | 我不想惹麻烦 |
[29:03] | – But, this is a hell of a lot of money. Ivan, doesn’t look good. | 这是很大一笔钱 伊万 看着很可疑 |
[29:07] | – For seven years, she was my regular. | 这七年来 她一直是我的常客 |
[29:10] | She always tipped me extra. At first, just little. | 她每次都多给小费 一开始只多给一点 |
[29:15] | Then, even more generously. | 后来出手越来越大方 |
[29:18] | Maybe she saw me as grandson. | 也许她把我当孙子看待 |
[29:20] | Maybe she saw me as… something else. | 也许她对我有别的想法 |
[29:24] | – This is… This is one layer of the onion I did not need to peel back. | 具体细节你就不必展开了 |
[29:31] | But, look… | 但是听着 |
[29:33] | Is there anything about Bunny | 关于邦尼 |
[29:37] | that you remember that could help? | 你有没有记得什么事能帮上忙 |
[29:40] | Anything about her final days that were different? | 她临死前那段时间有没有什么反常 |
[29:55] | – It’s so quiet in the building now. | 大楼里现在很安静 |
[29:59] | Aside from some yodeling. | 除了有人唱约德尔 |
[30:00] | – Yodeling? | 约德尔? |
[30:02] | – Yeah. Howard has a group. Don’t ask. | 是啊 霍华德有个乐队 |
[30:05] | I miss the bassoon. You have one minute remaining. | 别问 我想念巴松管 还剩一分钟通话时间 |
[30:08] | – I should go. – Wait. | -我该挂了 -等等 |
[30:10] | You know what I’ve been thinking about? | 你知道我在想什么吗 |
[30:12] | It’s warm and moist. | 温暖 |
[30:14] | There’s a bit of sweetness in every bite. | 湿润 每一口都有些微甜 |
[30:17] | – Is it the food in prison? – Blech. | 你是说监狱的食物吗 |
[30:21] | I’m talking about those blueberry bagels we had. | 我说的是我们买的蓝莓贝果 |
[30:25] | Remember? – Oh yeah. | 还记得吗 记得 |
[30:29] | The morning after we first, uh… | -那天早上 那是我们第一次… |
[30:31] | – You do remember. – Hey. | -你都记得 是的 |
[30:34] | – You know, I bet those bagels are still in your freezer. | 我猜那些贝果还放在你的冰箱里 |
[30:38] | So cold and lonely, | 寒冷 孤独 |
[30:41] | waiting for someone to come heat up their lives again | 等待一个人重新给它们注入生命 |
[30:44] | like she did before. | 就像她之前做的那样 |
[30:47] | What I’d give to taste one of those blueberry bad boys. | 只要能让我吃上一口蓝莓贝果 我做什么都愿意 |
[30:51] | – You know, Jan, | 你知道 |
[30:53] | neurotics make very good sex partners. | 珍 神经病人是非常好的性伴侣 |
[30:59] | Jan? | 珍? |
[31:01] | Jan? | 珍? |
[31:07] | Now, the day before she died, I took the day off, | 她死的前一天 我请假了 |
[31:10] | but I heard that Bunny met with someone here. | 但我听说邦尼在餐厅见了一个人 |
[31:13] | Someone who pissed her off. | 那个人把她惹火了 |
[31:16] | – Okay, you really need to upgrade to 4K. | 好吧 |
[31:19] | This is unwatchable. | 你真的得升级成高清画质了 |
[31:21] | – I… – Hold on. | 这什么都看不清 等下 |
[31:26] | There, on the tape, was the murderer. | 录像里的那个人就是凶手 |
[31:29] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[31:30] | Looking… murderous. | 看起来像凶手 |
[31:34] | Possibly. | 有可能 |
[31:35] | And… | 而且很模糊 |
[31:37] | grainy. | |
[31:39] | Too grainy to make out any physical characteristics at all. | 太模糊了 我完全辨认不出任何外貌特征 |
[31:42] | Oh, hold on. | 等下 |
[31:45] | What was that? What did they just pick up? | 那是什么 他拿了什么 |
[31:46] | – Nothing. That’s where we keep the matchbooks. | 没什么 那是我们放火柴盒的地方 |
[31:51] | – God, I’m good! | 天啊 我太棒了 |
[31:57] | You know, my dad | 我父亲不仅擅长刺探别人的秘密 |
[31:59] | isn’t just good at figuring out people’s secrets. | |
[32:04] | Hey! Dad! | 嘿 爸爸 |
[32:05] | He can get obsessed with it. | 他沉迷其中不可自拔 |
[32:09] | I could never figure out why. | 我一直想不通为什么 |
[32:13] | Maybe it makes you feel safe. | 也许那让你觉得安全 山姆之子 |
[32:20] | Maybe it makes you feel needed. | 也许那让你觉得被需要 |
[32:22] | – Thank you for the bagels, Charles. | 谢谢你给我带贝果 查尔斯 |
[32:28] | Or maybe it makes you feel powerful. | 抑或是那让你觉得强大 梅布 查尔斯 希望这能弥补昨晚… |
[32:36] | But sometimes, it doesn’t do any of that. | 但有时那没有任何作用 |
[32:40] | Sometimes, it just makes you feel worse. | 有时那只会让你感觉更糟 |
[32:43] | – So, what’s up, baby? | 怎么了 宝贝 |
[32:46] | – So, uh, we got back the DNA test | 亨利学校作业的基因检测结果出来了 |
[32:49] | we took for Henry’s school project. | |
[32:51] | – Oh, is this about the predisposition of prostate cancer? | 是为了检测前列腺癌的患病几率吗 |
[32:54] | Dr. Kipper said it’s no big deal. | 奇普医生说不用担心 |
[32:55] | You just put your finger up there twice a year, | 只要每年做两次体检 |
[32:57] | and then you phone someone you’re fond of. | 然后给喜欢的人打电话 |
[32:59] | – No. No, i-it’s about the ancestry. | 不 是关于血统的 |
[33:03] | Dad, are you sure you’re 100% Irish? | 爸爸 你确定你是百分百爱尔兰人吗 |
[33:05] | Am I 100% Irish? | 我是百分百爱尔兰人吗 |
[33:08] | I’ll have you know I’m Putnam through and through, | 我会让你知道我的血统有多纯粹 |
[33:10] | and divil the man who say a word agin me, you know. | 让那个质疑我的家伙去死 |
[33:13] | – Right. Um… | 好吧 |
[33:15] | You know, well, my DNA came back, and, | 我的DNA结果出来了 |
[33:18] | you know, half was clearly Mom, | 显然 一半是妈妈的基因 |
[33:21] | but the other half was… | 但另一半是希腊血统? |
[33:23] | all Greek. | |
[33:26] | Th-hat’s not possible, is it? | 这不可能 对吧 |
[33:27] | – Greek? | 希腊? |
[33:30] | No, that c-can’t… | 不 不可能 迪马斯精品熟食 |
[33:38] | – Who’s the Son of Sam tonight, Dad? | 爸爸 谁是今晚的山姆之子 |
[33:41] | – Oh, Teddy. | 泰迪 |
[33:43] | It’s always obvious when he’s hiding something. | 是那个显然易见有所隐瞒的人 |
[33:46] | You’re awfully quiet tonight, Teddy. | 你今晚很安静 泰迪 |
[33:49] | What, do you have another secret? | 你还有别的秘密吗 |