英文名称:Operation Christmas Drop
年代:2020
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:35] | ♪ Hark how the bells, sweet silver bells ♪ | ♪ 听那钟声 悦耳的银钟声 ♪ |
[00:37] | ♪ All seem to say, throw cares away ♪ | ♪ 都仿佛在说 丢掉烦恼 ♪ |
[00:39] | ♪ Christmas is here, bringing good cheer ♪ | ♪ 圣诞已至 把欢乐带给了 ♪ |
[00:41] | ♪ To young and old, meek and the bold ♪ | ♪ 年轻人和老人 温顺的和勇敢的 ♪ |
[00:43] | ♪ Ding dong ding dong, that is their song ♪ | ♪ 叮咚叮咚 那是它们的歌 ♪ |
[00:45] | ♪ With joyful ring, all caroling ♪ | ♪ 欢乐清脆的铃声 都是圣诞颂歌 ♪ |
[00:47] | ♪ One seems to hear, words of good cheer ♪ | ♪ 有人好像听见 祝福的颂词 ♪ |
[00:49] | ♪ From everywhere, filling the air ♪ | ♪ 来自各处 响彻天际 ♪ |
[00:51] | ♪ Oh, how they pound, raising the sound ♪ | ♪ 听它们碰撞 声响渐高 ♪ |
[00:53] | ♪ O’er hill and dale, telling their tale ♪ | ♪ 翻山越谷 讲着它们的故事 ♪ |
[00:55] | ♪ Gaily they ring, while people sing ♪ | ♪ 它们欢乐地响着 当人们唱着 ♪ |
[00:57] | ♪ Songs of good cheer, Christmas is here ♪ | ♪ 美好祝福之歌 圣诞已至 ♪ |
[00:59] | ♪ Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas ♪ | ♪ 圣诞快乐 ♪ |
[01:01] | ♪ Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas ♪ | ♪ 圣诞快乐 ♪ |
[01:03] | ♪ On and on they send, on without end ♪ | ♪ 它们持续送出祝福 不曾停息 ♪ |
[01:05] | ♪ Their joyful tone to every home… ♪ | ♪ 将它们欢乐的曲调送入千家万户 ♪ |
[01:08] | Hey, Sally. This is taking longer than I thought. | 萨莉 这事比我想的更费时间 |
[01:10] | Can you jump on my schedule a bit more? | 你能多替我一会儿吗 |
[01:13] | I’m working my way through the congresswoman’s Christmas list, | 我在执行国会女议员的圣诞购物清单 |
[01:16] | and I’m still two cashmere sweaters | 我还差两件山羊绒毛衣 |
[01:18] | and a Tiffany bracelet away from the bottom. | 还有一个蒂芙尼的手镯才算买完 |
[01:21] | I’m feeling less like a legislative aide | 我感觉自己不像一个立法助理 |
[01:23] | and more and more a personal shopper. | 而更像一个私人购物助理 |
[01:25] | It’s a compliment, Erica. | 这是对你的肯定 艾瑞卡 |
[01:26] | The congresswoman takes her Christmas shopping very seriously. | 国会女议员对她的圣诞购物十分重视 |
[01:29] | That’s why she only trusts it to you. | 这也是为什么她只信任你来做这件事 |
[01:30] | That’s a positive spin. | 这是积极的看法 |
[01:34] | Oh, I found that article you wanted. | 我找到那篇你要的文章了 |
[01:39] | What’s a Christmas Drop? | 什么是圣诞空投 |
[01:40] | It’s some sort of mission out of an airbase in the Pacific | 那是太平洋上一个空军基地的某种任务 |
[01:43] | where they parachute gifts and supplies | 他们在圣诞时向偏远岛屿 |
[01:45] | to remote islands at Christmas. | 空投礼物和补给 |
[01:46] | I am sending you a photo of the headline page now. | 我在把一张头条页的照片发给你 |
[01:53] | So who’s Major Eye Candy in the Santa cap? | 所以这个戴圣诞帽的花瓶少校是谁啊 |
[02:00] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[02:03] | But ever since the congresswoman | 但自从国会女议员 |
[02:04] | became head of the Base Realignment and Closure Commission… | 成为军事基地重组与关闭委员会的主席后 |
[02:08] | …this base has been at the top of her naughty list. | 这座基地就在她的目标名单首位 |
[02:11] | ♪ I’m dreaming of a white Christmas ♪ | ♪ 我梦想着过一个白色的圣诞节 ♪ |
[02:20] | ♪ Just like the ones I used to know ♪ | ♪ 就像我曾经熟悉的那样 ♪ |
[02:26] | ♪ Where the treetops glisten ♪ | ♪ 树梢上闪着光 ♪ |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1712个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:298个,六级词汇:138个,GRE词汇:163个,托福词汇:216个,考研词汇:334个,专四词汇:265个,专八词汇:43个, 所有生词标注共:609个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[02:30] | ♪ And children listen ♪ | ♪ 孩子们聆听着 ♪ |
[02:34] | ♪ To hear sleigh bells in the snow ♪ | ♪ 雪中雪橇的铃铛声 ♪ |
[02:43] | ♪ I’m dreaming of a white Christmas ♪ | ♪ 我梦想着过一个白色的圣诞节 ♪ |
[02:51] | ♪ With every Christmas card I write ♪ | ♪ 我会亲手写下每一封圣诞贺卡 ♪ |
[02:56] | ♪ May your day … ♪ | ♪ 祝你们每天 ♪ |
[02:59] | Again? | 又来 |
[03:01] | Sorry, I lost you. | 抱歉 我这边断开了 |
[03:02] | Indiana, are you guys there? | 印第安纳 你们还在吗 |
[03:03] | Yeah. No, the Wi-Fi’s buffering again. | 还在 又没了 Wi-Fi又在缓冲了 |
[03:06] | Haskell, I thought we agreed to upgrade our bandwidth. | 哈斯克尔 我记得我们说好升级带宽的 |
[03:09] | We did. | 我们升了 |
[03:10] | But since you had me put the router in the barn | 但因为你让我把路由器安在了谷仓里 |
[03:11] | so you could FaceTime the vet, | 让你能和兽医视频通话 |
[03:13] | the signal’s too weak. | 这里的信号就太弱了 |
[03:14] | Let’s just reboot the modem. | 我们重启下路由器吧 |
[03:16] | No! Then we’ll lose Andrew. | 别 那样我们就看不到安德鲁了 |
[03:18] | No! Haskell! | 别 哈斯克尔 |
[03:19] | And so ends our family’s attempt | 我们家通过网络一起唱圣诞颂歌的尝试 |
[03:21] | at Christmas caroling via web. | 就这样结束了 |
[03:23] | Ah, that’s okay, sis. | 没事 姐 |
[03:24] | Watching Mom and Dad bicker about Wi-Fi | 看着爸妈为Wi-Fi斗嘴 |
[03:26] | reminds me of Christmas more than you know. | 比你想的更让我感到圣诞的气氛 |
[03:30] | How’s your Christmas over there, Uncle Andrew? | 你在那边圣诞节过得怎样啊 安德鲁叔叔 |
[03:33] | Well, you heard of a partridge in a pear tree? | 你听过梨树上的山鹑吗 |
[03:35] | I got a seagull in a coconut palm. | 我这里有椰子树上的海鸥 |
[03:37] | Maybe you could borrow an Air Force jet and fly home. | 或许你可以借架空军喷气机飞回来 |
[03:40] | It’s only eight days till Christmas. | 还有八天就到圣诞节了 |
[03:43] | I wish I could, kiddo, but they need me here. | 我希望我能 孩子 但他们需要我在这里 |
[03:44] | We got a big job helping Santa out. | 我们有个帮圣诞老人的重大任务 |
[03:47] | I know. Mom told me. | 我知道 妈给我说了 |
[03:51] | I just wish you were here for Christmas. | 我就是希望圣诞时你也在这里 |
[03:54] | Me too, pumpkin. | 我也想 小南瓜 |
[03:56] | Me too. | 我也想 |
[04:08] | Man, I really miss home this time of year. | 一年的这个时候 我总特别想家 |
[04:10] | Look, man, I’m telling you | 我给你说 |
[04:12] | Nothing beats Christmas in Wisconsin. | 没有什么比得过威斯康星州的圣诞节 |
[04:14] | Ice skating, ice fishing, snowmobiling through the trees. | 滑冰 冰钓 在树林里骑雪地摩托 |
[04:17] | Winter there is the best season there is. | 那里的冬天是最好的季节 |
[04:19] | Yeah, Wisconsin’s got all the seasons, all right. | 是啊 威斯康星州什么季节都有 |
[04:21] | It’s got winter, still winter, | 那里有冬天 还是冬天 |
[04:22] | more winter, mud, and then winter again. | 更多的冬天 泥泞 然后又是冬天 |
[04:24] | Repeatin’ the same joke each day | 每天重复同样的笑话 |
[04:26] | doesn’t make it any funnier, eh, Joker? | 不会让它变得更好笑 不是吗 开心果 |
[04:29] | Look, I just thought adding in the extra “winter” | 我只是觉得再加一个额外的”冬天” |
[04:31] | would give it more life, you know? | 会让它更生动 |
[04:33] | ‘Cause it had life? | 因为它是有生命的吗 |
[04:34] | The joke is Wisconsin’s got nothing on Arizona. | 威斯康星州没什么比得上亚利桑那州 |
[04:37] | And, man, do I miss my momma’s eggnog pumpkin pie. | 我是多么想念我妈做的蛋酒和南瓜派啊 |
[04:41] | What about you, Sunshine? Miss anything? Anyone? | 你呢 阳光 想念什么或者谁吗 |
[04:47] | I really miss Cam. | 我很想科迈罗 |
[04:50] | My ’67 Camaro. | 我的67年款科迈罗 |
[04:52] | In my garage, gatherin’ dust. | 在我的车库里 落着灰 |
[04:54] | Well, we all wanna be home this time of year | 在一年的这个时候我们都想回家 |
[04:56] | but, uh, we got the next best thing. | 但我们有仅次于回家的事做 |
[04:58] | Need your signature, Captain. | 需要你的签名 上尉 |
[05:01] | Are you gonna be on base for Christmas this year, Airman? | 你今年圣诞节会在基地吗 航空兵 |
[05:04] | Afraid so, sir. | 恐怕会的 长官 |
[05:05] | Well, we got the Drop coming up. | 不久后我们就要进行空投了 |
[05:07] | The typhoon last month ripped the roof off of our warehouse, | 上个月的台风掀掉了我们仓库的顶棚 |
[05:10] | and we lost most of our donations, | 我们损失了大部分的捐助 |
[05:11] | so we’re still playing catch-up. | 所以我们还在补缺 |
[05:12] | We could use as much help as we can get. | 我们用得上所有我们能获得的帮助 |
[05:13] | I’m already signed up, sir | 我已经报名了长官 |
[05:14] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[05:16] | We got a fundraiser coming up this weekend. | 这周末我们有一个募捐活动 |
[05:18] | It’s gonna be lots of good music, good people, holiday cheer. | 会有很多好音乐 好人还有节日气氛 |
[05:21] | And dancing. Lots and lots of dancing. | 还有跳舞 跳很多很多的舞 |
[05:24] | I’m a world-class dancer, Sunshine. | 我是个世界级的舞者 阳光 |
[05:26] | You know, there might be enough room | 那里可能有足够的空间 |
[05:28] | for me to show you all my moves. | 能让我向你展示我所有的舞步 |
[05:31] | Not gonna happen. | 不会发生的 |
[05:32] | Yeah, you wouldn’t wanna miss Joker’s world-class dancing. | 是啊 你绝不想错过他的世界级舞蹈 |
[05:35] | And it’s for the best cause, so… | 也是为了最应当的事募捐 所以 |
[05:37] | Yeah, that’s just one part of the captain’s personal mission | 上尉个人任务的一部分就是 |
[05:39] | to make sure that nobody in this base misses the holiday season. | 确保这座基地没有人想念假日季 |
[05:42] | If we can’t be home for Christmas… | 如果我们不能回家过圣诞 |
[05:46] | we’re gonna bring Christmas here. | 那我们就把圣诞带到这里来 |
[05:50] | ♪ Happy Christmas ♪ | ♪ 圣诞快乐 ♪ |
[05:53] | ♪ Happy Christmas ♪ | ♪ 圣诞快乐 ♪ |
[05:56] | ♪ Happy Christmas, everyone ♪ | ♪ 祝大家圣诞快乐 ♪ |
[06:01] | Come on, Sam. The committee meeting ended at three A.M., okay? | 拜托山姆 委员会的会议早上三点才结束 |
[06:04] | The congresswoman was tired and misspoke. | 国会女议员很累了没精力说话 |
[06:06] | How about you quote someone else for your article, | 你在你的报道里引述其他人的话怎么样 |
[06:08] | and maybe I can find an | 而我或许能给你搞到张 |
[06:11] | invite for you for the French embassy’s New Year’s party? | 法国大使馆新年派对的邀请函 |
[06:16] | Yes. With a plus one. Great. | 对 可以带同伴的 太好了 |
[06:20] | You’re magic. | 你太神奇了 |
[06:22] | I think this legislative-aide thing | 我觉得你对立法助理工作的胜任 |
[06:23] | may put your personal shopping career on the back burner. | 可能会搁置你的私人购物助理生涯 |
[06:26] | And that’s why you’re a shoo-in to be the next chief of staff. | 这也是为什么你是下任幕僚长的热门人选 |
[06:29] | Last I checked, we already have one. | 据我所知 我们已经有一位幕僚长了 |
[06:31] | Not for long. I hear that lobbying group | 她不会干太久了 我听说那个游说组织 |
[06:33] | just upped Sheila’s offer. | 刚向希拉发出了更高职位的邀请 |
[06:35] | Seriously? | 认真的吗 |
[06:39] | No. There’s… | 不 还有 |
[06:40] | …others way ahead of me in line for that, like Matt. | 其他人比我离那个位置更近 像是马特 |
[06:43] | How do I compete with a guy | 我如何能与一个 |
[06:45] | that can pull off a holiday tie and a matching pocket square? | 能穿好节日领带和配套方巾的家伙竞争呢 |
[06:51] | Bradford’s Bat-Signal. | 布拉德福的求救信号 |
[06:52] | It’s all emojis. She’s in trouble. | 全都是表情 她陷入麻烦了 |
[06:55] | I got this. | 我来处理 |
[07:02] | Well, it’s… it’s quite a lot of detail to take in. | 一下要了解的细节太多了 |
[07:05] | Excuse me, congresswoman. | 打扰一下 国会女议员 |
[07:06] | You’re wanted on an urgent matter. | 有紧急事态需要您 |
[07:09] | National security. | 国家安全问题 |
[07:11] | Excuse us | 失陪一下 |
[07:13] | Ah, that was perfect timing. | 你来得太及时了 |
[07:15] | Remind me not to have discussions | 提醒我以后不要再和 |
[07:17] | with snow sculpture enthusiasts again. | 雪雕爱好者讨论事情 |
[07:19] | I’ll add it to the list, ma’am. | 我会记下的 女士 |
[07:21] | Okay. You have 40 minutes | 好了 您还有40分钟 |
[07:23] | before your meeting with General Mason | 在您和梅森将军关于 |
[07:25] | about the closure proposals. | 关闭基地提案的会议之前 |
[07:26] | That’s today? | 那是今天吗 |
[07:27] | Where are you with the research on that air base in the Pacific? | 你对那个太平洋上空军基地的调查如何了 |
[07:30] | Andersen is the base. I’m pulling together some info. | 是安德森空军基地 我收集了一些资料 |
[07:36] | “Operation Christmas Drop.” | 圣诞投放计划 |
[07:38] | They’ve been using our military cargo planes | 他们在用我们的军用货机 |
[07:40] | to drop gifts and supplies to remote islands at Christmas. | 在圣诞时向偏远岛屿投送礼物和补给 |
[07:43] | If we’re looking to close down bases, | 如果我们想找基地关闭 |
[07:45] | this one’s flashing red and green. | 这座基地正闪着红绿灯 |
[07:46] | They’re calling it a low altitude training exercise. | 他们称其为低海拔训练活动 |
[07:48] | That just happens to be dropping Christmas presents. | 训练内容刚好就是空投圣诞礼物 |
[07:50] | Yes, but I’m sure there’s more to it than that. | 是 但我相信肯定不只是为了那个 |
[07:53] | Well, then, find out. I’m gonna send you over there. | 那么就查清楚 我要把你派过去 |
[07:56] | You can assess their operations, suggest cuts, | 你可以评估他们的行动 提议缩减开支 |
[07:59] | or, better yet, make a case for base closure. | 要是能找到足够关闭基地的理由就更好了 |
[08:01] | You’re sending me? | 你要把我外派吗 |
[08:02] | I need your investigative prowess | 我需要你高超的调查能力 |
[08:04] | to turn over every stone on that island. | 来将那个岛翻个遍 |
[08:07] | You know, January in the tropics doesn’t sound so bad. | 在热带过一月份听起来还不赖 |
[08:10] | Says here this Drop thing is in a week. | 这里说空投将在一周内进行 |
[08:13] | You need to be there before it happens. | 你得在它发生前抵达那里 |
[08:15] | Boots on the ground, Miller. | 去实地考察吧 米勒 |
[08:19] | Kind of had plans for Christmas. | 我圣诞已经有安排了 |
[08:22] | Hey, Dad. | 嘿 老爸 |
[08:25] | I guess, by the look on your face, you got my message. | 据你的表情来看 我猜你收到我的信息了 |
[08:28] | Honey, what assignment is so important | 亲爱的 这次又是什么任务重要到 |
[08:30] | you have to cancel Christmas with your family this time? | 让你不能和家人一起过圣诞 |
[08:33] | Look, I know you’re disappointed, but I can’t get out of it. | 我知道你很失望 但我不能推掉这项任务 |
[08:36] | Carol and I were really looking forward to seeing you this year. | 本来卡萝和我今年还很期待见到你呢 |
[08:40] | I know, Dad. | 我知道 爸 |
[08:41] | But it’s a chief of staff job opening, | 但现在幕僚长的位置空出来了 |
[08:44] | and this might be a real game-changer for me. | 这项任务可能就是我能否升职的关键 |
[08:48] | Are you sure that’s really the reason, sweetheart? | 你确定真的是那个原因吗 甜心 |
[08:51] | What else would it be? | 还能是什么 |
[08:53] | You haven’t been here for Christmas | 你就没回来过过圣诞 |
[08:55] | since your mom passed away, Eri. | 自从你妈去世后 艾瑞 |
[08:56] | If you could just give Carol a chance, | 如果你能给卡萝一个机会 |
[08:58] | I think you two could be friends. | 我觉得你俩能成为朋友的 |
[09:00] | It’s not Carol, Dad. | 不是因为卡萝 爸 |
[09:03] | Look, maybe there’s a way that I can… | 或许我能想办法 |
[09:06] | come for your birthday, maybe. | 去给你过生日 或许 |
[09:09] | Another “maybe.” | 又一个”或许” |
[09:11] | Well, that’s the best I got, Dad. | 我只能做到这样了 爸 |
[09:14] | Be safe. I love you. | 注意安全 我爱你 |
[09:18] | Okay. I love you. | 好 我也爱你 |
[09:29] | I know, Mom. | 我知道 妈 |
[09:31] | I’m trying. | 我在努力了 |
[09:38] | – Permission to enter, sir? – Enter. | -请求入内 长官 -进 |
[09:47] | At ease, Andrew. | 稍息 安德鲁 |
[09:48] | – You asked to see me, sir? – I did. | -您要见我吗 长官 -没错 |
[09:51] | I got off the phone with the head of | 我今早和军事委员会的主席 |
[09:53] | the Armed Services Committee this morning. Word is | 通过电话 他说 |
[09:55] | We’re on the short list for realignment or closure. | 我们基地在被重组或关闭的候选名单上 |
[09:57] | Seriously, sir? | 认真的吗 长官 |
[09:58] | They make a final decision in a few weeks, | 他们会在几周内作出最终决定 |
[10:00] | but a friend on the Hill got a message to me saying | 但国会山上的一位朋友告诉我 |
[10:02] | we’ve got a target on our backs. | 我们被后方盯上了 |
[10:04] | But, sir, we’re the most strategically | 但是长官 我们是南太平洋最具有 |
[10:06] | important location in the South Pacific. | 战略性意义的位置 |
[10:08] | Maybe, but this didn’t help. | 也许吧 但是这并没有什么用 |
[10:11] | For some reason, this has grabbed Washington’s attention, | 出于某种原因华盛顿总部关注到了这个 |
[10:14] | and now we’re in their crosshairs. | 他们盯上我们了 |
[10:16] | – And I need you to get us out of it. – Me, sir? | -我需要你来解决这个问题 -我吗 长官 |
[10:18] | There’s a congressional aide flying in | 有一位国会助理将从华盛顿飞来 |
[10:20] | from DC to evaluate base operations. | 评估我们的基地行动 |
[10:23] | I need someone to show ’em around, | 我需要一个人带她到处逛逛 |
[10:24] | put our best foot forward. | 展现我们最好的面貌 |
[10:26] | But, sir, I’m a cargo pilot. | 但是长官 我只是一名货机驾驶员 |
[10:27] | You’ve also got mad people skills, Captain. | 你同样具有精湛的社交能力 上尉 |
[10:30] | And there isn’t anyone on this base | 在这个基地里没有其他比你更让我信任 |
[10:31] | I would trust more to pull this off. | 的人会把这件事做成 |
[10:33] | Sir, I really think you’d be better off | 长官 我真的认为您应该把这指派给 |
[10:35] | with one of the base PAOs. | 一名基地公共事务主任来完成 |
[10:36] | You know, the– | 你知道 那个 |
[10:37] | If I put a Public Affairs Officer on this, | 如果我指派一名公共事务主任的话 |
[10:39] | it would make it official, Andrew. | 这件事就会上升到官方层面 安德鲁 |
[10:41] | We’re not supposed to know about this yet. | 我们现在还应该对此事表示不知情 |
[10:43] | We got nothin’ to hide. | 我们没有什么好隐瞒的 |
[10:45] | Exactly, which is why I want you | 正是这样 这就是我要让你 |
[10:46] | to make sure this bean-counter sees | 去确保这个精明的国会助理看见 |
[10:48] | we are 100% mission-focused on this base. | 我们百分百集中于这个基地的状态 |
[10:51] | The flight from DC lands at 0900 tomorrow. | 明天她从华盛顿来的飞机降落在0900区域 |
[10:56] | That is all. | 我说完了 |
[10:58] | Understood, sir. | 明白 长官 |
[11:19] | Hi! | 你好 |
[11:21] | Those look dangerous. | 那些看起来很危险 |
[11:24] | Unexploded ordnance? | 未爆炸武器 |
[11:27] | Used to be. | 曾经是 |
[11:29] | Now we just use it to keep tourists off our break. | 现在我们只用来防止游客打扰我们休息 |
[11:33] | Aren’t you a little overdressed for the beach? | 对于沙滩来说你不觉得你穿的有点多吗 |
[11:35] | Aren’t you a little underdressed for an officer? | 作为一名军官你不觉得你穿的有点少吗 |
[11:39] | Off duty… | 现在是工作时间之外 |
[11:40] | for eight more minutes. | 还有8分钟 |
[11:43] | If you’re lost, the resort is back that way two clicks. | 如果你迷路了 度假区在那个方向2公里 |
[11:47] | I’m not lost. Just wanna stretch my legs. | 我不是迷路了 只是想抻抻腿 |
[11:49] | It was a pretty long flight. | 我坐了很长时间的飞机 |
[11:52] | – Long flight? – Yeah, 36 hours from DC. | -长途飞行 -是的 从华盛顿坐了36小时 |
[11:57] | Washington? | 华盛顿吗 |
[12:00] | Washington, DC. | 华盛顿特区 |
[12:04] | I think I’m your ride. | 我想我就是你的司机 |
[12:10] | Seriously, General Hatcher said | 说真的 哈彻将军说 |
[12:12] | your flight lands at 0900. | 你的飞机会降落在0900区 |
[12:14] | I switched planes in Pearl and shaved two hours off of my trip. | 我在珍珠港转机 缩短了2个小时的旅程 |
[12:19] | In my line of work, I look for ways to improve efficiency. | 我工作的时候追求提升效率 |
[12:23] | And what brainiac steered you down to the beach? | 哪个蠢货让你去沙滩那里的 |
[12:25] | Oh, the same one that tried your cell five times | 就是那个给你打了5次电话的人 |
[12:27] | while you were out playing in the water. | 当你在水里玩的时候 |
[12:34] | So it was one of the smart brainiacs. | 所以这是个聪明人了 |
[12:36] | – Is this military issue? – Nope. | -这是军用车吗 -不是 |
[12:38] | It’s my Jeep. I wouldn’t use | 这是我的吉普车 我不会用 |
[12:39] | a military-issue vehicle for personal use. | 军用车辆来做私人用途 |
[12:42] | By the way, the name’s Andrew. | 顺便介绍下 我是安德鲁 |
[12:43] | Oh, I know. I recognize you. | 我知道 我认出来你了 |
[12:47] | From that Stars and Stripes article | 从星条旗报上的那篇有关货机驾驶员 |
[12:49] | about cargo pilots providing just-in-time combat support? | 提供及时战斗支援的文章上 |
[12:52] | No, | 不是 |
[12:52] | from the ukulele Santa photo in the newspaper. | 是报纸上弹尤克里里的圣诞老人照片 |
[12:56] | No offense, ma’am, but you don’t know the first thing about me. | 无意冒犯 女士 但是你一点都不了解我 |
[12:59] | Captain Andrew Jantz, | 安德鲁·詹茨上尉 |
[13:01] | interim commander on G-Series orders | 在G系命令下被任命为临时指挥官 |
[13:03] | for the 734th Air Mobility Squadron. | 为第734空中机动中队效力 |
[13:06] | You’ve been a cargo pilot for nine years. | 你担任货机驾驶员有9年了 |
[13:08] | You graduated UCLA ROTC with high honors | 高分从加州大学洛杉矶预备军官队毕业 |
[13:12] | and a reprimand for a prank involving the colonel’s car… | 曾因为一起牵扯上校用车的恶作剧被谴责 |
[13:15] | and a possum. | 你还是一个好的领导者 |
[13:18] | Well, maybe I know a little bit about you, too. | 也许我也知道一点你的事情 |
[13:20] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[13:23] | By that accent, I’d say you hail from Philadelphia. | 从你的口音我知道你来自费城 |
[13:25] | That key chain on your tote bag says you went to Georgetown. | 你手提包上的钥匙链说明你去过乔治城 |
[13:29] | And by the way you like to call the shots, | 从你很喜欢发号施令的样子来看 |
[13:31] | you headed your college sorority. | 你曾经领导过所在大学的妇女联合会 |
[13:33] | Impressive. | 真不错 |
[13:36] | Wildly inaccurate. | 一点都不准确 |
[13:38] | The accent is from Boston, but I went to UPenn | 我是波士顿口音 但是我在宾大读书时 |
[13:41] | and lost most of it in a Delaware Valley dialect. | 逐渐变成了德拉瓦谷的口音 |
[13:44] | And the key chain on my tote | 我包上的钥匙链 |
[13:45] | is from Georgetown, but it was a gift | 确实来自乔治城 但这是来自 |
[13:47] | from the Georgetown School | 乔治城大学的一份礼物 |
[13:48] | of Foreign Service conference in Qatar. | 在一次与卡塔尔的对外服务会议上 |
[13:51] | Hey, Claws. You, uh, got that bean-counter yet? | 嗨 克劳兹 接到那个精明人了吗 |
[13:54] | “Claws”? | 克劳兹 |
[13:57] | Around here, I’m not Andrew. I’m Claws. C-L-A-W-S. | 在这我不叫安德鲁而是克劳兹C L A W S |
[14:00] | It’s an aircrew tradition to address each other with call signs. | 这是机组人员的传统 给每个人起个呼号 |
[14:03] | I would have thought “Claus” as in Santa | 我认为圣诞老人 |
[14:05] | would have made more sense. | 会更有道理一点 |
[14:06] | One picture in a Santa hat isn’t enough to earn a call sign. | 圣诞帽里的一张图片可不足以成为呼号 |
[14:08] | Okay, Claws, why did your general | 好吧克劳兹 为什么你们将军 |
[14:11] | pick you to fly my Jeep this week? | 选择你这周来接我 |
[14:15] | Must be his great sense of humor. | 那一定是因为他的幽默感 |
[14:17] | How about your boss sending you here a week before Christmas? | 你老板为什么在圣诞节前一周让你来这里 |
[14:21] | Duty calls. | 职责的召唤 |
[14:22] | You won’t find any inefficiencies you want to find in here | 在这里你不会找到任何低效率的事情 |
[14:24] | I’d like to see things for myself, just the same. | 我喜欢亲眼所见去验证 和你一样 |
[14:30] | Now I understand. | 现在我明白了 |
[14:32] | Understand what? | 明白什么 |
[14:33] | Why your boss sent you here. | 为什么你的老板派你来 |
[14:36] | So you wouldn’t spoil the office Christmas party. | 这样你就不会破坏他们的圣诞节派对了 |
[14:39] | Just drive. | 好好开你的车吧 |
[14:59] | You’ll be staying here. Base housing for short-term guests. | 你住在这里 基地提供给短期客人的住宅 |
[15:05] | You’ve been up all night. How about you get some shut-eye? | 你整晚没睡 要不要先去小憩一会 |
[15:07] | I’ll pick you up later this afternoon. | 今天下午我过来接你 |
[15:09] | Oh, no. We’re starting in 30 minutes. | 不用 我们30分钟后就开始 |
[15:12] | That didn’t sound like a question. | 这不像是一个问句 |
[15:15] | Yeah, well, I need to change my shoes and answer e-mails. | 我需要先换鞋然后回复几封邮件 |
[15:18] | And then I wanna tour the base. | 接着我想逛逛这个基地 |
[15:20] | I need to interview staff, review purchase orders. | 我需要采访工作人员 审查一下采买订单 |
[15:23] | Basic fact-finding mission. | 一些基本的进行实际调查的工作 |
[15:27] | What exactly do you intend to find? | 你想在这里找到什么 |
[15:30] | Probably more than you feel comfortable sharing. | 可能是你没想到的一个词”分享” |
[15:44] | Sorry it’s not the Ritz. | 抱歉这里不像丽思酒店那样豪华 |
[15:46] | But if you see a gecko, remember they’re good luck. | 如果你看到了壁虎 记住它们代表好运 |
[15:48] | Don’t worry. When you work on Capitol Hill, | 别担心 当你曾经在国会工作过 |
[15:50] | you’re used to all sorts of odd creatures. | 你会很快习惯所有奇怪生物的 |
[15:54] | Copy that. See you in 30. | 明白了 30分钟后见 |
[15:56] | Oh, and, Captain, can you get me a map of the island, | 对了 上尉 你能给我一份岛上的地图 |
[15:59] | a command org chart, and a base acquisition forecast? | 指挥机构图表和基地的收购预测书吗 |
[16:03] | Would you also like turndown service | 你还需要夜床服务 |
[16:04] | and mints on your pillow, too, ma’am? | 和枕头上的薄荷叶吗 女士 |
[16:07] | The general told me you were here | 将军告诉我你是来 |
[16:08] | to assist me in any way that I needed. | 协助我以备我的不时之需的 |
[16:13] | Map, org chart, and acquisition forecast. Roger that. | 地图 机构表 收购预测 收到 |
[16:16] | Perfect. | 很好 |
[16:17] | You’re gonna fit in great around here. | 你很快就会适应这里的 |
[16:20] | Clearly, you like giving orders. | 显然 你很喜欢下命令 |
[16:22] | See you in a half. | 半小时后见 |
[16:34] | The bean-counter has landed. | 那个精明人到了 |
[16:37] | And she is the most high-maintenance, | 她真是我见过的最耗费精力 |
[16:40] | condescending pencil pusher I’ve ever met. | 最居高临下的人 |
[16:43] | – She, sir? – Is she single? | -是位女士 长官 -她是单身吗 |
[16:44] | – Is she gonna be trouble? – Not if I can help it. | -她会是一个麻烦吗 -如果我帮她就不会 |
[16:46] | I’m just going to give her the grand tour, | 我待会要领她到处转转 |
[16:49] | let the island work its magic, and | 让我们这个小岛绽放它应有的魅力 |
[16:50] | she will be out of our hair in no time. | 然后她就不会再来烦我们了 |
[17:04] | Luck? Why don’t you go spread your luck outside or something, hm? | 好运 为什么你不出去释放你的好运呢 |
[17:09] | Come on. | 快来 |
[17:11] | come on | 快过来 |
[17:13] | Shoo, shoo. Come on. | 快出来 |
[17:23] | No? Okay. | 不想吗 好吧 |
[17:25] | It’s freakin’ me out. | 我真的要疯了 |
[17:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[17:38] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[17:40] | Aloha! How’s paradise treating you? | 你好 你在天堂呆的怎么样 |
[17:43] | It’s not aloha here, Sal. | 这里不说 Aloha Sal |
[17:45] | That is Hawaii. Here, they say hafa adai. | 那是夏威夷语 在这里他们说hafa adai |
[17:47] | And, as for paradise, | 至于天堂 |
[17:49] | there is a gecko that is giving me | 我们现在说话的时候有一只壁虎 |
[17:51] | the evil eye as we speak. | 在用它邪恶的眼睛盯着我 |
[17:53] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[17:54] | The boss wanted me to check in, | 老板想让我确认一下 |
[17:56] | make sure you got there in one piece. | 确保你安全到达了 |
[17:57] | Is it hot? It looks hot. | 那里热吗 看起来很热 |
[17:59] | It is so hot. | 非常热 |
[18:00] | I started into it. | 我开始逐渐适应了 |
[18:03] | They assigned me a handler. | 他们给我指派了一个顾问 |
[18:03] | He’s got a huge ego, but nothing I can’t handle. | 他真的很自大 但是我能应付 |
[18:07] | Is he a pilot? | 他是飞行员吗 |
[18:09] | Why? ‘Cause pilots have big egos? | 为什么这么问 因为飞行员都很自大吗 |
[18:11] | But that’s okay, because, you know, they’re pilots. | 这也没关系 因为他们是飞行员 |
[18:14] | Good thing the door was open. | 幸好房门是开着的 |
[18:15] | I don’t think my huge ego would fit through the window. | 否则我可不认为我的自大会穿透窗户进来 |
[18:18] | Uh… gotta go! Hafa adai. | 我得走了 拜拜 |
[18:22] | – Don’t people knock around here? – The door was open. | -这里的人都不会先敲门吗 -门是开着的 |
[18:25] | Yeah, I’m trying to get rid of this gecko. | 是啊 我想赶走那只壁虎 |
[18:27] | Don’t wanna do that. I told you, they’re lucky… | 不要这么做 我告诉过你他们代表幸运 |
[18:30] | and the best insect repellent you’re gonna find. | 并且他们是你能找到的最好驱虫剂 |
[18:36] | All right. Let’s get started. | 好吧 我们开始吧 |
[18:41] | Your air conditioner is broken. | 你的空调坏了 |
[18:45] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[18:49] | This base is home to the 36th | 这个基地属于第734空中机动中队 |
[18:50] | Wing in the 734th Air Mobility Squadron. | 下属第36航空基地联队 |
[18:52] | Bombers and heavy transport as well | 轰炸机和重型运输机 |
[18:54] | as fighter groups like these F-15s here | 像这里的F-15战斗机一样 |
[18:56] | rotate through on a regular basis. | 定期有人在上面轮值 |
[18:57] | We have operations all around the island. | 这个岛上的每一处都有演习 |
[18:59] | See, despite the impression that | 你看 不去管那篇报道留给你的印象 |
[19:00] | the article gave, there is no slack here. | 这个岛丝毫没有萧条的气氛 |
[19:02] | Everybody is busy with very serious work. | 每个人都在忙着很严肃的工作 |
[19:09] | Are those Christmas ornaments? | 那些是圣诞节装饰品吗 |
[19:11] | Ornaments and gifts for our local school kids. | 装饰物和礼品 为当地学校的学生而准备 |
[19:13] | Part of our community outreach. | 是我们社区拓展服务的一部分 |
[19:14] | We’ll head to Acquisitions, | 我们现在去采购部 |
[19:15] | and then we’ll go to the tower. Come on. | 然后我们会去高塔那里 快点 |
[19:19] | Okay. I am going to skim this one. | 好了 我要浏览一下这个文件 |
[19:25] | Um… This one. | 这个 |
[19:27] | Let’s see. | 让我看看 |
[19:30] | You know, I’ve got all the info on a portable hard drive. | 我有一个硬盘 上面有全部的信息 |
[19:33] | This one… | 这个 |
[19:35] | Actually, no, the binders work fine. | 但是 就让她翻这些文件夹吧 |
[19:39] | Yep. This one. | 好 还有这个 |
[19:51] | The elevator’s being serviced, but you can leave your stuff | 电梯在运行 你可以把你的东西放在 |
[19:54] | at the base of the stairs, or I’m happy to carry it up for you. | 下面台阶上 我也很乐意帮你拎上去 |
[19:58] | I’m good. Thanks. | 我很好 谢谢 |
[20:08] | This is the tallest tower in all the Pacific Air Forces. | 这是太平洋空军基地中最高的塔 |
[20:12] | Sixteen stories. | 一共十六层楼高 |
[20:14] | Originally built in the ’60s. | 最初建于60年代 |
[20:20] | Hey, guys, we have a visitor. | 嗨伙计们 我们有客人了 |
[20:25] | Sergeant, finish that doughnut. | 中士 赶快吃完那个甜甜圈 |
[20:28] | See? Nothing goes to waste here. | 看 在这里任何东西都不会被浪费 |
[20:31] | – Quite a view. – It is, ma’am. | -这里风景很好 -确实 女士 |
[20:36] | Yeah, I, uh… want to come up and see it at night, though. | 我晚上想来这里看看 |
[20:41] | I was leafing through your purchase orders, | 我在浏览你拿来的收购单 |
[20:43] | and I noticed an order for red and green… landing lights. | 我注意到一项关于红绿着陆灯的购买记录 |
[20:48] | Lights can be handy if you wanna land a plane at night. | 一台飞机想在夜晚着陆 灯光是很重要的 |
[20:52] | – Got an answer for everything. – Cause I’m efficient. | -问题都解决了 -因为我效率很高 |
[20:55] | Up next, Detachment Two, | 我们接下来会去第二分遣队 |
[20:56] | the 21st Space Operations Squadron. | 和第二十一空间作战中队 |
[20:59] | Do we have to walk? | 我们一定要走着去吗 |
[21:01] | You know, when you visit our island, | 当你参观我们的小岛时 |
[21:03] | it’s considered bad luck not to visit all five of our beaches. | 不参观完我们所有的五个海滩是不吉利的 |
[21:08] | That line work with all the girls? | 你对所有女生都用这句台词吗 |
[21:10] | Look, Captain, I appreciate the guided tour, | 听着 上尉 我很感激你带我游玩 |
[21:12] | but I’d like to stay focused on base resources. | 但我想专注于基地资源 |
[21:29] | Like I said, we got operations all over the island. | 像我之前说的 我们在岛上各处都有行动 |
[21:37] | What’s at Tarague Beach? | 塔拉基海滩有什么东西 |
[21:40] | Oh, it’s just a… big swamp. | 只是一个大沼泽罢了 |
[21:42] | Lot of military assets heading toward a… big swamp. | 运这么多军事资产去一个大沼泽吗 |
[21:46] | Yes, they must be doing some sort of survival training. | 没错 他们肯定是在做什么生存训练 |
[21:49] | Next up, the largest outdoor market on the island. | 下一站 岛上最大的户外集市 |
[21:59] | How much is this? | 这个多少钱 |
[22:00] | You don’t like this one? Okay. | 你不喜欢这个吗 好吧 |
[22:02] | Thank you! Hi. How are you? Hey! | 谢谢 你好 |
[22:08] | – Hi, Andrew. – Hi, Noelia. Hey, guys. | -你好 安德鲁 -你好 诺莉娅 你们好 |
[22:11] | This is all really nice, but, uh… | 这些都很不错 但是 |
[22:14] | I came here to observe and report, | 我是来观察 写报告的 |
[22:16] | not, uh, work on my tan and taste the local fare, okay? | 不是来晒太阳和感受当地生活的 好吗 |
[22:23] | – Hafa adai, Sue. – Hey, Andrew. | -你好 苏 -嘿 安德鲁 |
[22:25] | – How you doin’? – Good. How are you? | -最近怎么样 -挺好的 你呢 |
[22:26] | – I’m good. Could I grab two, please? – Sure. | -我也挺好的 我能要两份这个吗 -当然 |
[22:29] | Oh, by the way, our church’s canned food drive was huge. | 噢 对了 教堂准备了很多罐头食品 |
[22:32] | We’ve got five crates of food for the Drop. | 我们为圣诞空投准备了五箱食物 |
[22:34] | – That’s awesome! – Yeah! | -那太好了 -是啊 |
[22:36] | – I’ll see you on packing day. – Yeah. | -打包日见 -好 |
[22:38] | Coconut Christmas. This Saturday. What’s that about? | 椰子圣诞节 这周六 这是干什么的 |
[22:43] | Probably just some local thing. | 可能是当地的活动吧 |
[22:46] | – Straw. – See you Saturday night, Andrew. | -吸管 -周六晚上见 安德鲁 |
[22:50] | Yeah… How do you like that? Christmas colors. | 嗯 你觉得怎么样 圣诞色 |
[22:54] | It’s hard to remember it’s Christmas when it’s this hot. | 天气这么热 我都忘了是圣诞节 |
[22:56] | Actually, will you excuse me for a second? Be right back. | 失陪一下好吗 我马上回来 |
[23:00] | Right? | 是吧 |
[23:03] | Hey, Mr. Mayor. Sorry to interrupt. | 你好 镇长先生 抱歉打扰一下 |
[23:06] | How are you doin’, sir? | 你怎么样 先生 |
[23:08] | Let me guess, Cap’n. | 让我猜猜 上尉 |
[23:09] | You want me to donate another generator? | 你想让我再捐一个发电机吧 |
[23:11] | The typhoon kicked the crap out of the atolls. | 台风把环礁刮得乱七八糟 |
[23:14] | Generators are their source of power. | 发电机是他们电的来源 |
[23:15] | We have no way of communicating with them | 如果他们不能用业余无线电的话 |
[23:17] | if they can’t use their ham radios. | 我们就没法跟他们沟通了 |
[23:18] | I get it. I feel for them. | 我明白 我很同情他们 |
[23:20] | But I’m not in the business of giving away generators for free. | 但我不是靠免费送发电机做生意的 |
[23:23] | They cost far too much. | 成本太高了 |
[23:25] | If you don’t mind, I’m in the middle of something. | 你不介意的话我就先走了 我还有事 |
[23:30] | Who was that? | 那是谁 |
[23:32] | That is Mayor Sampson. | 那是桑普森市长 |
[23:34] | He’s probably one of the richest men on the island. | 他可能是岛上最富有的人 |
[23:37] | And the one with the least amount of Christmas spirit. | 也是最没有圣诞精神的 |
[23:40] | Maybe someone should invite him to the Coconut | 也许某人应该邀请他去周六晚上的 |
[23:42] | Christmas on Saturday and remind him. | 提醒他一下周六是椰子圣诞节 |
[23:44] | That’s actually a good idea. | 好主意 |
[23:46] | I’ll talk to some of the locals about it | 我会跟当地 |
[23:47] | who are putting on this local event. | 负责这个活动的人谈谈 |
[23:56] | It’s getting late here. Is this even a road? | 天变晚了 这真的是一条路吗 |
[23:59] | Quick detour… | 这是条捷径 |
[24:01] | to the most sensational turquoise beach | 通往你见过 |
[24:02] | you’ll ever set your eyes on. | 最迷人的绿松石滩 |
[24:04] | Maybe run down the clock till I head home? | 你是想耗到我回家吗 |
[24:06] | I am offended you even think I would stoop so low. | 我被冒犯到了 你竟然觉得我会这么卑鄙 |
[24:14] | You know what, Captain? | 你知道吗 上尉 |
[24:17] | Maybe you’re right. | 也许你是对的 |
[24:19] | – I am? – Eh… | -是吗 -嗯 |
[24:20] | Can’t beat ’em, join ’em. | 打不过他们 就加入他们 |
[24:23] | Great! | 太好了 |
[24:25] | To the beach! | 去沙滩喽 |
[24:27] | To the beach. | 去沙滩 |
[24:36] | Nice, huh? | 不错吧 |
[24:38] | – I told you it’s beautiful. – Beautiful? Oh, it’s amazing. | -我跟你说过这里很美 -岂止是美 震撼 |
[24:54] | Nothin’ beats this view. | 没有什么能胜过这美景 |
[24:56] | Man, I have to send a selfie to my dad. | 天 我得给我爸发张自拍 |
[25:00] | Left your phone in the Jeep? | 手机落在车上了吗 |
[25:03] | – I did. – I can go get it. | -是的 -我可以去帮你拿 |
[25:04] | I got it. I got it. | 我去吧 我去吧 |
[25:05] | I got it. | 我去拿 |
[25:21] | Hey! | 喂 |
[25:24] | Enjoy the view. | 好好欣赏美景吧 |
[25:32] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[25:40] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[25:42] | Figured you’d come back through the trees. | 我猜到你会从树林里回来 |
[25:44] | – She left your Jeep for you. – Where is she? | -她把车留给你了 -她在哪 |
[25:46] | Where isn’t she? | 应该问她不在哪 |
[25:48] | Air Ops, Supply, Wing HQ, | 空战实验室 供应部 空军总部 |
[25:51] | Com Squadron. | 空军中队 她都去了 |
[25:52] | Oh, man! This assignment’s gonna be harder than I thought. | 噢 天哪 这个任务比我想象的要难 |
[26:11] | – Cap’n. – Where’s your shadow, Captain? | -上尉 -你的跟班呢 上尉 |
[26:14] | She went rogue, but it’s under control. | 她把我耍了 不过还在我掌控中 |
[26:17] | Claws to Andersen Tower. | 克劳兹呼叫安德森指挥塔 |
[26:18] | You guys got eyes on Blitzen? | 你们看见闪电了吗 |
[26:21] | Claws, Andersen Tower. | 克劳兹 这里是安德森指挥塔 |
[26:22] | Blitzen last seen outside | 闪电最后一次出现是在 |
[26:23] | Air Mobility, Hangar Three. | 司令部外面 三号机库 |
[26:25] | Oh, no. | 噢 不是吧 |
[26:28] | Blitzen? | 闪电 |
[26:31] | Really, Captain? | 认真的吗 上尉 |
[26:32] | I pitched for “Grinch,” but nobody went for it. | 我提议叫格林奇 但没人支持我 |
[26:35] | Hi. We were just, uh, talkin’ about you. How’d you find me? | 嗨 我们正说起你 你怎么找到我的 |
[26:37] | Left my phone in your Jeep and tracked you here. | 我把手机放在你车上 追踪你到这里 |
[26:40] | Figured the first place you’d go | 想着你去的第一个地方 |
[26:41] | is the last place you’d want me to see. | 就是你最不想让我看到的地方 |
[26:43] | Damn, she’s good. | 该死 她太强了 |
[26:46] | So, Air Force base | 所以 这是空军基地 |
[26:47] | or Claws’ little village? | 还是圣诞老人的小村庄 |
[26:50] | – I can explain. – Good. | -我可以解释 -好 |
[26:52] | You can start by explaining what is going on at Tarague Beach. | 你可以从塔拉基海滩的事情开始解释 |
[26:55] | I drove by there, and instead of finding survival training, | 我开车路过了一下 没看到生存训练 |
[26:58] | I found Christmas decorations and party supplies. | 只看到了圣诞装饰和派对用品 |
[27:02] | Time to lay your Christmas cards on the table, Captain. | 是时候摊牌了 上尉 |
[27:10] | Okay, that stuff you saw at the beach | 好吧 你在沙滩上看到的东西 |
[27:13] | is for Saturday night. | 是周六晚上要用的 |
[27:15] | And all of this is for Operation Christmas Drop. | 这里的所有东西都是为了圣诞投放计划 |
[27:17] | Yeah, I know. It’s one of the reasons I’m here. | 我知道 那是我来这里的原因之一 |
[27:20] | You might know it’s a tradition that goes back almost 70 years. | 你可能知道这是一个差不多70年的传统 |
[27:24] | Last year, we delivered medicine, food, toys, and gifts | 去年我们将药品 食物 玩具和礼物 |
[27:27] | to almost 30,000 people, 56 different islands. | 送到56个不同岛屿 近三万人 |
[27:30] | And we plan to do more this year. | 今年我们打算做更多 |
[27:31] | I’m sure it’s a good cause, but not on the taxpayers’ dime. | 这是个好理由 但对纳税人的钱来说不是 |
[27:34] | That’s just it. Taxpayers don’t pay a cent! | 这就是问题 我们没花纳税人一分钱 |
[27:36] | I find that hard to believe. | 这很难让人相信 |
[27:38] | It’s funded entirely by donation. | 一切都是捐赠而来的 |
[27:39] | Almost all of it from people here on the island. | 几乎所有东西都是岛上的人送来的 |
[27:42] | Individuals, businesses, church groups | 居民 企业 教堂组织 |
[27:44] | all year long are donating. | 一整年都在捐赠 |
[27:45] | Clothes, food, medicine, supplies, | 衣服 食物 药品 日用品 |
[27:48] | fishing nets, everything you see here. | 渔网 所有你在这看到的东西 |
[27:49] | But what about the military personnel that it takes? | 那动用的军队人员呢 |
[27:52] | Everyone is working on their off hours. | 他们都是在下班时间工作 |
[27:53] | That’s how much it means to them. | 这件事对他们的意义就是这么重大 |
[27:55] | Okay. What about the fuel? The wear and tear on the aircraft? | 好的 那燃料呢 对飞机的损耗呢 |
[27:59] | The Drop is probably the best | 圣诞空投可能是飞行员们最好的 |
[28:00] | low-altitude training these crews get. | 低海拔训练了 |
[28:03] | We’d be flying these planes to train anyways. | 不管怎样我们都要开飞机进行训练 |
[28:05] | At least, with the Drop, | 至少有了圣诞空投 |
[28:06] | we’re doing something good while we fly. | 我们在飞行的时候还能做些有意义的事 |
[28:08] | Plus, we get to work with our allies. | 而且 我们还能跟盟友们一起工作 |
[28:10] | The Japanese, the Australians. | 日本人 澳大利亚人 |
[28:13] | Most importantly, it’s Christmas. | 最重要的是 这是圣诞节 |
[28:16] | A lot of the people we help live on some | 我们帮助的很多人都住在 |
[28:18] | of the most remote islands in the world. | 世界上最偏远的一些岛上 |
[28:19] | If it wasn’t for us and the work we do, | 如果没有我们和我们的行动 |
[28:21] | they’d be on their own. | 他们就是孤身一人 |
[28:22] | I’m not the Grinch. | 我不是格林奇 |
[28:24] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[28:26] | It’s a good cause. It’s good training. | 这是好理由 也是好的训练方式 |
[28:28] | I see the benefits. | 我知道有好处 |
[28:29] | But I have an assignment, | 但我有任务在身 |
[28:32] | and, cost aside, I don’t see how | 而且 除了成本之外 我也看不出来 |
[28:33] | this helps the functioning of the base. | 这对基地的运作有什么帮助 |
[28:40] | For a lot of the enlisted kids here, this | 对很多报名参加的孩子们来说 |
[28:42] | is their first Christmas away from home. | 这是他们第一次在圣诞节离家 |
[28:45] | With the Drop, they feel like they’re | 有了圣诞空投 他们觉得他们 |
[28:47] | doing something important. Helping people. | 在做一件很重要的事情 在帮助别人 |
[28:49] | I’ll be sure to mention it all in my report. | 我一定会在报告里提到这些 |
[28:51] | Yeah, I bet. | 嗯 也许吧 |
[28:52] | What is that supposed to mean? | 你这是什么意思 |
[28:54] | I think you had your mind made up | 我觉得你下飞机之前 |
[28:55] | before you stepped off the plane. | 就已经打定了主意 |
[28:57] | Look, Captain, I’m not gonna tell | 听着 上尉 我不会因为 |
[28:58] | the congresswoman to take it easy | 你有一颗善良的心和好看的笑容 |
[29:00] | because you have a big heart and a nice smile. | 就跟国会女议员说不用担心 |
[29:05] | So you admit I have a nice smile? | 所以你承认我笑起来很好看吗 |
[29:07] | Look, we’re a family here. | 听着 在这里 我们所有人都是一家人 |
[29:10] | And what you say about us could lead to the base closing. | 你的报告可能会导致基地被关闭 |
[29:12] | – We’ve heard the rumors. – I don’t make the decision. | -我们已经听说了 -我不是做决定的人 |
[29:14] | I just write a report. | 我只是个写报告的 |
[29:15] | A report you’ve been told needs to be damning | 国会女议员吩咐你写份不利的报告 |
[29:17] | to get to a result some congresswoman needs to fill a quota. | 来帮她完成指标 |
[29:20] | That’s not true. | 才不是那样 |
[29:23] | Give me 24 hours to show you | 给我24小时向你展示 |
[29:24] | what we do here, starting with the Drop. | 我们在这里做什么 从圣诞空投开始 |
[29:26] | Then write whatever you want in your report. | 然后你在报告里写什么都可以 |
[29:28] | Captain, this isn’t a negotiation. | 上尉 这不是谈判 |
[29:30] | Everything’s a negotiation, Erica. | 一切都是谈判 艾瑞卡 |
[29:32] | I need you to see what we do here. | 我需要你看看我们在这里做什么 |
[29:35] | Then at least you’ll be writing the truth. | 那样至少你能够写些事实 |
[29:38] | Packing tape. Packing tape… | 胶带 胶带 |
[29:41] | Well, hold onto that tape. | 拿紧那个胶带 |
[30:01] | – Hi, I’m – Erica. | -你好 我是 -艾瑞卡 |
[30:03] | – Yeah. – Yes, of course. | -没错 -嗯 我知道 |
[30:04] | – I’m Sandra. Come on in. – Thanks. | -我是桑德拉 进来吧 -谢谢 |
[30:07] | So kind of you to invite me, and totally unnecessary. | 你邀请我来真是太客气了 完全没有必要 |
[30:10] | You’re far from home at Christmas. | 你在圣诞节离家这么远 |
[30:12] | The least we could do is give you a home-cooked meal. | 我们至少得给你准备些家常菜 |
[30:14] | Thank you. I like your place. | 谢谢 我喜欢你家的装修 |
[30:16] | Thanks. When we first moved in, | 谢谢 我们刚搬进来的时候 |
[30:17] | it was a little cinder-block chic. | 这里的装修是煤渣砖风格 |
[30:19] | Built to withstand typhoons and good taste. | 为了抵御台风和好品味建的 |
[30:21] | But I’ve managed to nudge it in the right direction. | 但我成功把它改造了 |
[30:24] | Are you a decorator? | 你是室内装潢师吗 |
[30:26] | No, actually, I’m the OSS Commander. | 不是 事实上 我是战略指挥官 |
[30:29] | That would make you– | 也就是 |
[30:29] | Lieutenant Colonel Blaine, | 空军中校布莱恩 |
[30:31] | your 3:00 p.M. tomorrow. | 你明天下午三点要见的人 |
[30:32] | Yeah. Okay! | 噢 好吧 |
[30:33] | I had no idea that you and the general were married. | 我完全不知道你跟将军是夫妻 |
[30:35] | Dinner’s ready! | 晚饭好了 |
[30:37] | Well, tonight, he is not the general. He’s the chef. | 今晚他不是将军 是主厨 |
[30:39] | And he will not tolerate it if we eat | 他绝不能容忍我们 |
[30:41] | cold food, so please take a seat. | 吃冷菜 所以请坐 |
[30:42] | Okay. Wow! | 好的 |
[30:45] | This is wonderful. | 这太棒了 |
[30:46] | Yeah. Not only a superb Wing Commander | 没错 他不仅是一个优秀的空军指挥官 |
[30:48] | but also a true epicurean when it comes to holiday meals. | 在节日大餐方面也是一个真正的美食家 |
[30:52] | I’d ask you to carve, Ms. Miller, | 我想请你来切火鸡 米勒女士 |
[30:54] | but I’m hoping to avoid you making any unnecessary cuts. | 但我希望尽量不让你做不必要的削减 |
[30:56] | – Hatch! – It’s okay, ma’am. | -哈奇 -没关系的 长官 |
[30:59] | I’m just here to write a report, General. | 我只是来写报告的 将军 |
[31:01] | My boss is the one making the decisions. | 我上司才是做决定的人 |
[31:03] | And has Captain Jantz been effectively facilitating your report? | 那詹茨上尉有没有帮到你 |
[31:06] | Yes, very effective in steering me in the wrong direction. | 有 非常有效地把我引向错误的方向 |
[31:09] | But that’ll only help me find the right one. | 但那只会帮助我找到正确的方向 |
[31:12] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[31:15] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[31:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:24] | Sandra, that was great. | 桑德拉 晚餐很棒 |
[31:26] | Are you sure I can’t give you a ride? | 你确定不用我开车送你吗 |
[31:28] | Oh, it’s such a beautiful night for a walk. | 今晚这么美 正适合走走 |
[31:30] | And the sooner I get back to my room, | 而且我越早回到房间 |
[31:32] | the sooner I have to get back to work. | 就得越早开始工作 |
[31:34] | – Your report. – My report. | -你的报告 -没错 |
[31:36] | A lot of people’s livelihoods are resting | 很多人的生计现在都 |
[31:38] | on your shoulders right now, Erica. | 落在你肩上了 艾瑞卡 |
[31:39] | I’m painfully aware of that, ma’am, but, | 我很痛心地意识到了这一点 女士 但是 |
[31:41] | as I said, I don’t make the decisions. | 正如我所说的 我也做不了主 |
[31:43] | Well, yeah, you do. Don’t fool yourself. | 不是的 你能做主 不要骗自己 |
[31:45] | Everything that you decide to write | 你决定写在报告里的 |
[31:47] | in that report will directly impact | 每件事都会直接影响到 |
[31:49] | the lives of everyone on this base. | 基地里每个人的生活 |
[31:51] | While you’re here, you need to meet all these people. | 当你在这的时候 你需要见见大家所有人 |
[31:54] | You need to see all the great work that they’re doing. | 你需要看看他们做的所有伟大的工作 |
[31:57] | Lieutenant Colonel, you know as well as I do | 中校 你和我一样清楚 |
[31:59] | that, sometimes, hard decisions | 有时候 为了更大的利益 |
[32:01] | have to be made for the greater good. | 我们不得不做出艰难的决定 |
[32:02] | As painful as they might be. I tried to tell Andrew that. | 可能会很痛苦 我试着告诉过安德鲁 |
[32:07] | Just so you know… I mean, Andrew is impossible. | 事先告诉你 安德鲁是不可能接受的 |
[32:11] | But he’s the most honorable guy you’ll ever meet. | 但他将会是你见过的最可敬的人 |
[32:13] | – Oh, really? – He’s a good person to be showing you around. | -真的吗 -他是带你到处转转的很好人选 |
[32:16] | And I really hope that you see everything. | 我真的希望你能看到这里的一切 |
[32:20] | Thank you. Well, have a good night. | 谢谢 那么 晚安了 |
[32:22] | Good night, Erica. | 晚安 艾瑞卡 |
[32:37] | See? We got three inches today. | 看到了吗 我们今天下了七公分的雪 |
[32:40] | They’re predicting it’ll be the whitest Christmas in 30 years. | 这预示了今年会是三十年来最白的圣诞节 |
[32:43] | Ah, makes me feel so Christmassy. | 让我感到了很浓的圣诞气息 |
[32:45] | Oh, I wish I was there. | 真希望我也能在这 |
[32:46] | Are you crazy? You’re in paradise. | 你疯了吗 你就在天堂里呢 |
[32:48] | You sound like the pilot they assigned to show me around here. | 你说得像他们派来带我到处转转的飞行员 |
[32:52] | He’s trying to get me to see how beautiful the island is | 他想让我看看这个岛有多美 |
[32:54] | instead of concentrating on the base. | 而不是着重于基地情况 |
[32:56] | Erica, promise me you will try to have some fun. | 艾瑞卡 答应我你会去找点乐子的 |
[32:59] | You’re on a tropical island. | 你在一个热带海岛上 |
[33:01] | Progress? | 进展如何 |
[33:04] | Yes, I, am… actually… | 是的 我 实际上 |
[33:07] | currently going through thousands of pages | 目前正在浏览数千页 |
[33:09] | of expenditure reports right now, ma’am. | 现在的开支报告 女士 |
[33:11] | Well, forget about that. | 算了吧 |
[33:13] | Matt and his group are working on the base’s file plan here. | 马特和他的小组正在研究基地的档案计划 |
[33:17] | It’s all available on the DOD server. | 国防部服务器上都有 |
[33:18] | I’m surprised you didn’t know about that. | 我很纳闷你连这都不知道 |
[33:21] | This is all they offered up. | 这是他们给我的全部了 |
[33:23] | I need you on your A game, Erica. | 我需要你拿出最好的状态 艾瑞卡 |
[33:26] | I’m being pushed to come up | 我被催得很紧 我得做出 |
[33:27] | with comprehensive shutter arguments for three bases. | 三个基地的全面运营参数 |
[33:30] | Two of them are easy. One of them is in my district. | 两个很好处理 还有一个在我的地区 |
[33:33] | I need a replacement, and that’s going to be your base | 我需要一个替代品 也就是你所在的 |
[33:36] | with its yearly Christmas present toss. | 每年投放圣诞礼物的基地 |
[33:39] | Actually, they’re not dropping presents. | 事实上 他们不是在投放礼物 |
[33:41] | It’s a remarkable humanitarian mission | 那是一个了不起的人道主义使命 |
[33:44] | that’s helping tens of thousands of people. | 可以帮到成千上万的人 |
[33:46] | I’m sorry to sound harsh here, but using military equipment | 我很抱歉要说刺耳的话 但使用军用装备 |
[33:49] | to drop Christmas presents in the middle | 在鸟不拉屎的地方投放圣诞礼物 |
[33:51] | of nowhere can’t be justified. | 是很不合理的 |
[33:52] | That’s just it. | 这就是问题所在 |
[33:53] | That’s not what’s happening here, ma’am. | 女士 这里不是您想的那样 |
[33:55] | As far as I’m concerned, that’s the headline of your report. | 在我看来 这就是你报告的标题 |
[33:59] | Don’t drink their Kool-Aid, Erica. | 别被他们用廉价饮料欺骗了 艾瑞卡 |
[34:27] | All right, I’m here. | 好了 我来了 |
[34:30] | As promised. | 应约来了 |
[34:31] | Great. Ready in a sec. | 太棒了 马上就好了 |
[34:36] | Love what you’ve done with the place. | 真喜欢你对把这个地方折腾成的样子 |
[34:39] | Don’t knock it. | 别看不起它 |
[34:40] | Cardboard is surprisingly strong and unexpectedly stylish. | 硬纸板惊人地耐用 并且超乎想象地时尚 |
[34:46] | Yeah, unexpectedly. | 是的 我想象不出来 |
[34:50] | These boxes will all be gone in a couple of days. | 这些箱子过几天就运走了 |
[34:54] | – What are you doing here? – What? | -你在这里做什么呢 -什么 |
[34:57] | I can’t imagine other captains live like this. | 我想象不到还有别的机长会这样生活 |
[34:59] | I like it here. | 我喜欢这样 |
[35:01] | I get to sort stuff on my free time. | 我空闲时可以整理东西 |
[35:03] | I don’t need much furniture. | 我不需要太多家具 |
[35:05] | Anyway, you ready for our trip? | 不管怎样 你准备好出发了吗 |
[35:08] | Sure. | 当然 |
[35:11] | What’d you have in mind? | 你有什么想法 |
[35:14] | I thought you said we were running an errand! | 我还以为你说我们是来跑腿的 |
[35:16] | We are. | 我们就是跑腿 |
[35:17] | Could’ve sworn you didn’t used the word “helicopter.” | 我可以发誓你没说”直升机”这个词 |
[35:20] | ‘Cause I knew you’d never go. | 因为我知道说了你就不来了 |
[35:23] | Man, what a day for flyin’. | 伙计 真是个飞行的好日子 |
[35:25] | Or crashing into the sea, maybe. | 或者是坠海的好日子 大概 |
[35:27] | I wouldn’t worry about that. | 我不会担心这个 |
[35:30] | We have the Navy to thank for letting us hitch a ride. | 我们要感谢海军让我们搭便车 |
[35:32] | They have all the rotary assets around here, | 他们有这附近所有的直升机资源 |
[35:34] | so we gotta be extra nice to them. | 所以我们要对他们特别好 |
[35:36] | Go Navy! Beat Army! | 上吧海军 干翻陆军 |
[35:46] | It’s so awesome up here! | 在直升机里里太棒了 |
[35:49] | Sometimes, I look down and realize | 有时我低头一看 就会意识到 |
[35:50] | I have the best job in the world. | 我有着世界上最好的工作 |
[35:52] | You know, it’s hard to believe that someone like you is a pilot. | 你知道 很难相信像你这样的人是飞行员 |
[35:56] | Yeah? What should someone like me do for a living? | 是吗 那像我这样的人该做什么工作 |
[35:58] | Sales of some sort? | 什么产品的销售 |
[36:04] | – What’s happening? – We’re landin’. | -发生了什么 -我们在降落 |
[36:07] | Just droppin’ in to say hi. | 只是顺路来打个招呼 |
[36:32] | Over here. | 这边走 |
[36:43] | A tropical island in the middle of nowhere. | 一个偏僻的热带海岛 |
[36:46] | It must be paradise living here. | 住在这里一定是天堂 |
[36:48] | No voicemail. No traffic. | 没有语音信箱 没有堵车 |
[36:52] | No doctors. No stores. No help. | 也没有医生 没有商店 没有援助 |
[36:55] | Out here, if you can’t build it | 在这里 如果你不能自己建造 |
[36:56] | or grow it yourself, you do without. | 或种出东西 你就得不到 |
[36:58] | Feliz Navidad! | 圣诞快乐 |
[36:59] | – Feliz Navidad! – Feliz Navidad! | -圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐 |
[37:02] | – Feliz Navidad. – Feliz Navidad. | -圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐 |
[37:05] | – And you hope for the best. – Yeah, and there’s that. | -你希望是最好的 -是的 就是这样 |
[37:07] | This island’s one of the lucky ones. | 这个岛是运气较好的岛之一 |
[37:09] | Some of the other islands only see a supply ship once a year. | 其他某些岛屿一年只能看到一艘补给船 |
[37:13] | How is it you know somebody all the way out here? | 你怎么认识的这么远的人 |
[37:15] | John Michael used to be stationed at the base. | 约翰·迈克尔以前驻扎在基地 |
[37:17] | He’s one of the best loadmasters I ever had. | 他是我见过的最好的装卸工之一 |
[37:19] | Used to be? | 以前吗 |
[37:20] | Buenas and hafa adai, cuz. | 大家好 你好吗朋友 |
[37:22] | Hafa adai, che’lu. | 你好 兄弟 |
[37:24] | Came back to help my family. | 我要回来帮助我的家人 |
[37:25] | They needed a hand. I’m John Michael. | 他们需要帮忙 我是约翰·迈克尔 |
[37:26] | Hi, Erica Miller. | 你好 我是艾瑞卡·米拉 |
[37:27] | Sorry, I didn’t mean to be nosy. | 抱歉 我并不是有意多管闲事 |
[37:29] | No, I mean if you’re hanging with this guy, | 没关系 如果你和这家伙在一起的话 |
[37:30] | I think someone deserves to cut you some slack. | 我觉得理应有人来帮你抗压 |
[37:32] | Wow! Shots fired! | 嘴下留情 |
[37:33] | Thank you. Finally! Someone who understands. | 谢谢 终于 来了个明白人 |
[37:37] | Erica’s visiting from DC. I’m showing her around the islands. | 艾瑞卡从华盛顿来 我在带她参观岛屿 |
[37:40] | Oh, well, hope you like coconuts. We’ve got a lot of coconuts. | 好吧 希望你喜欢椰子 我们有很多椰子 |
[37:44] | – Come on. – Let’s go. | -来吧 -我们走 |
[37:56] | Oh! Oh, I loved it. | 我喜欢这个 |
[38:04] | – Please help with that… – Oh, hello, little one! | -请搭把手 -你好 小家伙们 |
[38:07] | – Hi! – Ha-hey! Good to see you. | -你好 -见到你很高兴 |
[38:10] | – You too! – Hey, guys! | -我也是 -嗨 伙计们 |
[38:13] | Welcome to our village. | 欢迎来我们的村子 |
[38:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[38:17] | It’s beautiful. | 它很美 |
[38:20] | – Love it. – Thank you. | -我很喜欢 -谢谢 |
[38:23] | That’s my niece, Ilana. | 那是我侄女 伊拉娜 |
[38:26] | She’s a smart one. | 她很聪明 |
[38:27] | – Best reader in grade two. – Right on. | -二年级最好的学生 -真棒 |
[38:29] | – You have a grade school here? – Satellite internet school. | -你们这里有小学吗 -卫星网校 |
[38:32] | But since power got knocked out in the typhoon, | 但自从台风摧毁了供电系统 |
[38:34] | school’s been out of commission. | 学校就已经停课了 |
[38:36] | Hopefully, that’s just temporary. | 希望这只是暂时的 |
[38:38] | We need to find another generator. | 我们需要另一台发电机 |
[38:39] | Sampson said no again? | 桑普森又拒绝了吗 |
[38:41] | Yeah. I’ll make sure we have schoolbooks | 是的 我会确保下次空投 |
[38:43] | and mosquito nets for the next drop. | 会有课本和蚊帐 |
[38:45] | – Thanks, bro. – You provide schoolbooks? | -非常感谢 兄弟 -你们提供课本吗 |
[38:47] | – Yeah, whatever’s needed. – Everything gets used. | -是的 所有需要的东西 -全都物尽其用 |
[38:49] | Boxes, strappings. Even the parachutes are valuable. | 箱子 绳索 甚至降落伞都很珍贵 |
[38:52] | They get turned into sails for the canoes. | 他们被改成了独木舟的帆 |
[38:55] | You should see the kids swarm | 你应该看看孩子们听到飞机声 |
[38:57] | when they hear the planes. | 蜂拥而至的样子 |
[38:57] | It’s like Santa himself dropping off presents. | 就好像圣诞老人亲自来送礼物了一样 |
[39:03] | Hey, Ilana, I have an idea. | 嘿伊拉娜 我有个主意 |
[39:05] | How would you and your friends | 你和你的朋友们想不想要 |
[39:09] | like some markers to draw with? | 一些马克笔来画画 |
[39:11] | Can I see that? | 我能看看吗 |
[39:14] | – Markers? – Yeah. | -马克笔 -对 |
[39:15] | Hairbrush. | 发刷 |
[39:17] | – That’s right. – We don’t have one. | -对 -我们没有诶 |
[39:19] | I have a mirror compact in here. | 我这里有个小镜子 |
[39:21] | Oh, and here’s some scrunchies. | 这还有些皮筋 |
[39:24] | – There’s a sweater, if you ever get cold. – Oh, that’s nice! | -还有件毛衣 如果你们冷的话 -太好了 |
[39:30] | Actually, why don’t you just… take the bag? | 实际上 你们为什么不直接拿着这个包 |
[39:34] | You can put your seashells in it. | 你们可以用来装贝壳 |
[39:35] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[39:38] | This is for you. For Christmas. | 这是给你的 圣诞礼物 |
[39:46] | That’s awesome. | 棒极了 |
[39:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:50] | Merry Christmas! | 圣诞快乐 |
[39:52] | I haven’t tried that… | 我从来没试过 |
[39:59] | Now you know how I feel every time I come here. | 现在你知道我每次来这里的感觉了 |
[40:02] | All that’s missing is some Christmas music. | 来点圣诞音乐就更好了 |
[40:06] | Ilana, do you know anybody that knows any Christmas carols? | 伊拉娜 你认识会唱圣诞颂歌的人吗 |
[40:16] | Oh, I don’t know if now’s the time. | 我不知道现在时间合不合适 |
[40:17] | Play, Uncle. Please! | 弹吧叔叔 拜托了 |
[40:20] | Christmas carols on a ukulele? This should be good. | 用乌克丽丽弹圣诞颂歌 应该会不错 |
[40:23] | Any requests? | 有什么想听的吗 |
[40:25] | Anything to make me forget | 任何能让我忘记 |
[40:27] | I’m half a world away from home at Christmas. | 我在圣诞节离开家半个地球的歌都行 |
[40:32] | Let’s see. | 让我想一想 |
[40:41] | ♪ Deck my legs with tons of sunblock ♪ | ♪ 大量防晒霜 涂到我腿上 ♪ |
[40:44] | ♪ Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la ♪ | ♪ 发啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦啦 ♪ |
[40:47] | ♪ ‘Tis the season to go surfing ♪ | ♪ 现在正是 冲浪的季节 ♪ |
[40:50] | ♪ Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la ♪ | ♪ 发啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦啦 ♪ |
[40:53] | ♪ Don we now our brightest swimsuits ♪ | ♪ 我们正穿着 最靓的泳装 ♪ |
[40:57] | That’s good! | 接得不错 |
[40:58] | ♪ Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la ♪ | ♪ 发啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦啦 ♪ |
[41:00] | ♪ See the blazing sun above us ♪ | ♪ 看着头顶上 耀眼的太阳 ♪ |
[41:04] | ♪ Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la ♪ | ♪ 发啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦啦 ♪ |
[41:07] | ♪ Beat the drum and join the chorus ♪ | ♪ 敲起鼓儿来 加入合唱团 ♪ |
[41:10] | ♪ Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la ♪ | ♪ 发啦啦啦啦 啦啦啦啦 ♪ |
[41:14] | ♪ Ooh! Whoo! ♪ | ♪ 喔 ♪ |
[41:19] | Yeah! Yeah! | 真好 真好 |
[41:40] | It’s really nice that all of you try and help them. | 你们都在尽力帮助他们 真是太好了 |
[41:43] | We’re just doin’ the best we can with what we have. | 我们只是在尽可能地使用我们所有的能力 |
[41:47] | No. You made them happier in a few minutes | 不 比起我在国会大厦一整年所做的事 |
[41:50] | than I’ve done all year in the Capitol Building. | 你只用了几分钟就让他们更幸福了 |
[41:55] | And you did it all with a ukulele. | 而且是用乌克丽丽做到的 |
[41:58] | Come on, it’s time to show you | 来吧 是时候让你看看 |
[42:00] | what we’ve been up to at Tarague Beach. | 我们在塔拉基海滩做了什么了 |
[42:05] | So, what we’re gonna do is hook up 12 volts, uh, charger here. | 那么 我们要做的就是把12伏电接在这里 |
[42:09] | And so you can take the plus, and I’ll take the minus. | 然后你拿着正极 我拿着负极 |
[42:12] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:13] | Be sure it’s all cleared. | 一定要确保都记清楚了 |
[42:16] | All right, boys, just spread ’em out a little bit. | 好了孩子们 把它们挪开一点 |
[42:19] | I like that. I like that. Oh, shoot! | 我喜欢这样 我喜欢这样 糟 |
[42:25] | Yeah, that’s good. Put that one up. | 好的 不错 把那个拿上去 |
[42:27] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[42:30] | – Hafa adai. – Hafa adai, ma’am. | -你好 -你好 女士 |
[42:32] | – Andrew. Erica. Hey. – Hafa adai, Sandra. | -安德鲁 艾瑞卡 -你好 桑德拉 |
[42:36] | So, every year, we put on this Coconut Christmas fundraiser | 每年我们都会举办椰子圣诞募捐活动 |
[42:38] | so we can raise money for the Drop. | 这样我们就可以筹钱投放礼物 |
[42:41] | It stretches resources, but it’s worth it in the end. | 它占用了资源 但最终还是值得的 |
[42:43] | Don’t tell me this doesn’t cost anything to put on. | 别告诉我开展这个活动不用花钱 |
[42:46] | The wood is offcuts from a local construction company. | 这些木头是当地一家建筑公司的边角料 |
[42:49] | Everybody here brought whatever lights they can spare. | 这里的每个人都带来了能匀出的彩灯 |
[42:51] | And food is supplied by a local church group. | 食物是当地的教会团体提供的 |
[42:54] | Brother Bruce and Sunshine over there set it up | 那边的布鲁斯和阳光在搭建设备 |
[42:56] | so that we are 100% solar-powered. | 由此我们可以百分百太阳能供能 |
[42:59] | Brother Bruce? | 布鲁斯 |
[43:01] | Bruce Best. He’s a legend here. | 布鲁斯·贝斯特 他在这是个传奇人物 |
[43:03] | He’s our link between all the islands and atolls. | 他帮我们联系所有的岛屿和环礁 |
[43:06] | He’s been doing the Drop for the last 40 years. | 最近40年他一直在做圣诞空投 |
[43:09] | That’s nice! | 好人 |
[43:11] | – Whoa! – Yeah! That’s great. | – 嗯嗯 做得很棒 |
[43:12] | ♪ And a shed by the sea ♪ | ♪ 在海边的帐篷 ♪ |
[43:12] | Who pays him? | 谁给他工资 |
[43:14] | ♪ Where we can get together… ♪ | ♪ 我们聚在一起 ♪ |
[43:15] | He donates his time, all of it. | 他奉献了所有的时间 |
[43:20] | You know, you agreed to give this a chance. | 知道吗 你应该相信这些 |
[43:21] | That means unplugging that little cash | 这意味着打破你脑中 |
[43:23] | register you got in your head. | 固定的想法 |
[43:24] | Sorry. Sometimes, it’s on autopilot. | 抱歉 有时候有些想法自动出来 |
[43:29] | But I still don’t get what all this is for. | 但是我不仍知道做这些是为了什么 |
[43:32] | To raise money for things that | 为一些捐献不了的东西募集资金 |
[43:33] | we can’t get donated, like generators. | 比如发电机 |
[43:34] | We gotta raise a lot of cash. | 我们筹到了很多资金 |
[43:41] | More elves have arrived. | 来了很多小精灵 |
[43:43] | We’d better get to work. | 我们要去工作了 |
[43:46] | “We”? | 我们吗 |
[43:48] | Our deal was you’d try to understand what we do here. | 我们的协议是你要理解我们在这做什么 |
[43:51] | The best way to understand is to pitch in. | 最好的理解方式就是投入其中 |
[43:57] | Yeah! This looks great. | 看着不错 |
[44:00] | Do you want to do a few more? Yeah. | 你还想在做一些吗 好 |
[44:03] | Not bad! You’ve weaved palm leaves before? | 不错哦 以前你编过棕榈叶 |
[44:08] | Last weaving I did was friendship bracelets, | 上一次是编友谊手带 |
[44:11] | Camp Tabonga, 11 years old. | 塔邦加营地 11岁 |
[44:15] | You know, I’ve been part of the Drop | 知道吗 我是个小女孩的时候 |
[44:17] | since I was a little girl. | 就是圣诞空投的一员 |
[44:20] | My dad came from one of the islands. | 我爸爸是从其中一个岛过来的 |
[44:22] | Now my daughter and my grandson help, too. | 现在我的女儿和孙子都在帮忙 |
[44:26] | Well, hello there. | 你好 你在这 |
[44:29] | – Hey. – I see Andrew’s already put you to work. | -你好 -安德鲁已经给你安排工作了 |
[44:31] | Yeah. He seems to have a talent for that. | 是的 他很有这天份 |
[44:34] | Well, no time for people to be | 人们有事做的时候就 |
[44:35] | homesick when they have got something to do, right? | 不会想家了, 是不是 |
[44:38] | Hey, Blitzen… need your help over here. | 嘿 闪电 过来帮帮我 |
[44:45] | We were making palm-leaf wreathes. | 我们正在编棕榈叶 |
[44:49] | we’re resourceful. | 我们资源丰富 |
[44:52] | Instead of holly and mistletoe, we got flame tree flowers. | 虽然没有冬青与槲寄生 我们有火焰树花 |
[44:55] | Gotta improvise a bit on traditions. | 传统上有点即兴发挥 |
[44:57] | So fruitcake made with papaya and pineapple? | 所以用木瓜和菠萝做水果蛋糕 |
[45:00] | Instead of Christmas ham, you got Christmas Spam. | 我们有圣诞午餐肉来代替圣诞火腿 |
[45:03] | Instead of sledding at grandma’s backyard? | 代替在奶奶院子里玩雪橇的是 |
[45:06] | Christmas snorkeling on the reef. | 珊瑚礁附近圣诞潜水 |
[45:08] | That’d be fun. | 那会很有趣 |
[45:11] | Wait. | 等等 |
[45:13] | You’ve never been Christmas snorkeling? | 你有过圣诞潜水吗 |
[45:15] | I’ve never been Christmas, | 我从来没有过圣诞节 |
[45:17] | Easter, or Valentine’s snorkeling. | 复活节或者情人节潜水 |
[45:21] | You don’t know what you’re missin’. | 你不知道你错过些什么 |
[45:22] | I’ve never even worn a snorkel. | 从来没用过潜水通气管 |
[45:24] | Closest I have come is | 最接近的是捏住鼻子 |
[45:25] | swimming through budget reports while holding my nose. | 在预算报告里游泳 |
[45:38] | Long day. | 辛苦的一天 |
[45:41] | – But a good one. – That we can agree on. | -但是很美好 -我俩终于意见一致了 |
[45:44] | So, I have a question. | 所以我有个问题 |
[45:47] | You’re an officer, so… | 你是个军官 所以 |
[45:49] | why aren’t you spending Christmas at home? | 为什么你不在家过圣诞节呢 |
[45:53] | Well… right now, I’m commanding my unit, | 这样子的 现在我要指挥我的军队 |
[45:56] | so I have to be here. | 所以我不得不在这 |
[45:58] | But you’re right. I could… pull some strings. | 但你说得没错 我本可以推掉一些杂事 |
[46:03] | I’m also the only one here who’s | 但我是这里唯一一个 |
[46:04] | an air logistics planner and a pilot, | 空军后勤策划员和飞行员 |
[46:05] | so the Christmas Drop needs someone with my… | 圣诞空投需要这么一个人 |
[46:09] | How should I put it? | 所以我怎能推掉 |
[46:10] | Unique skill at finagling things. | 处理事情独有的技能 |
[46:16] | What’s your excuse? You could be anywhere, and you’re here. | 你呢 你本可以在任何地方 而你在这 |
[46:20] | I have a lot riding on this assignment. | 这次任务会给我很多便利 |
[46:22] | A promotion, maybe a really big one and… | 职位晋升 可能很大晋升 还有 |
[46:26] | Anyways, I like to stay in motion during Christmas these days. | 不管如何 圣诞节这几天我喜欢随时待命 |
[46:31] | By working over the holidays? Don’t you wanna be home? | 整个假期都工作吗 难道不想回家吗 |
[46:36] | My mom passed away three years ago, so… | 三年前我妈妈去世了 所以 |
[46:40] | I’m really sorry. | 节哀顺变 |
[46:41] | We used to have Christmas caroling by the fire and… | 我们以前常在火篝旁唱圣诞颂歌 |
[46:47] | my mom’s voice was loudest of all. | 我妈妈的声音是我们中最大的 |
[46:51] | There was mulled cider and gingerbread and… | 有香料苹果热酒 姜饼 还有 |
[46:57] | Now it’s just not the same, so… | 现在不仅仅是不一样了 所以 |
[47:00] | Especially since my dad got remarried last year. | 自从去年我爸爸再婚尤其不想回了 |
[47:05] | No, she’s nice, actually. She is. | 不 她很友好 真的 很友好 |
[47:08] | – She’s just – Not your mom? | -只是她 -不是你妈妈 |
[47:10] | Not my mom. | 不是我的亲母亲 |
[47:13] | Well, if there is one thing I’ve learned out here on this island, | 如果说我在这岛上学到了什么 |
[47:17] | it’s that, though you never wanna forget your traditions, | 那就是不管你怎么不想忘记你的传统 |
[47:19] | there’s always room to make new ones. | 总会有新的传统在那 |
[47:23] | So, tomorrow, we go Christmas snorkeling. | 所以 明天我们去圣诞潜水 |
[47:28] | – No. It’s already been 24 hours! – What? | -不 只有24个小时了 -怎么了 |
[47:30] | – We need to hit it hard tomorrow. – Sleeping doesn’t count. | -明天我们要努力做事 -不算睡觉时间 |
[47:33] | – You’re still on the hook for 12 hours. – My gosh! | -你仍然有12个小时做事 -天啊 |
[47:35] | You’re always working an angle, aren’t you? | 你总是等到最后一刻 是不是 |
[47:41] | Better go, I guess. | 我想我最好下车了 |
[47:43] | Work and… | 工作 还有 |
[47:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[47:47] | – Find you in the morning? – Yep. | -明早见 -好的 |
[47:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[48:09] | The big news is, Sheila tendered her resignation. | 大新闻 希拉提交了她的辞呈 |
[48:13] | Shut up. | 别乱说 |
[48:14] | Congresswoman Bradford now officially needs | 国会女议员布拉德福现在正式需要 |
[48:16] | a new chief of staff. | 一名新的办公室主任 |
[48:18] | Oh! And I’m 8,000 miles away, chasing my tail. | 我现在在8000英里以外 也是干着急 |
[48:21] | I’m pretty sure you’re still on the top of her list. | 我非常肯定你仍是她的首选 |
[48:23] | She asked me for an ETA on your report | 她让我在你的报告上标注预计到达时间 |
[48:26] | and to let you know about the job opening up. | 并让你知道这个岗位在招人 |
[48:27] | I can get something to her in a couple days. | 一两天后我写份报告给她 |
[48:29] | She’ll be on a plane in two days to Singapore | 两天后她要飞去新加坡 |
[48:32] | to meet with her family for the holidays. | 在那和家人过圣诞节 |
[48:34] | Pretty sure she’s gonna ask for it before she leaves. | 在她离开前要确保提交给她 |
[48:36] | Right. I’ll just bear down and get it done. | 对的 我会加倍努力完成 |
[48:41] | Is that a flower in your hair? | 你头发上是朵花吗 |
[48:45] | Oh. Yeah. I just… took a shortcut through some bushes. It’s… | 是的 过树林的时候走了捷径 |
[48:51] | It’s not like you to take a shortcut, Er. | 走捷径可不像你的风格 |
[48:53] | Sounds like that island is working its magic on you. | 听起来那个岛对你使了魔法 |
[48:58] | Gotta go. | 挂了 |
[49:09] | Oh, you should have seen the carolers tonight, honey. | 亲爱的 今晚你应该可以看到唱圣歌的人 |
[49:12] | Three different groups all trying to out-sing each other! | 三个不同的团队互相对唱 |
[49:14] | It was just… | 那只是 |
[49:16] | Man, I miss those cold walks into town with you guys. | 我很怀念和你们一起在镇上散步的时候 |
[49:19] | We could have used you when you got back. | 你回来后我们可以一起 |
[49:21] | Dad made us shovel up the path to the barn. | 爸爸帮我们铲条了路到车库 |
[49:23] | Even though it’s still snowing. | 当时还在下着雪 |
[49:26] | I’d like to make a toast to us being together. | 为我们聚在一起干杯 |
[49:28] | Oh, yes. There is nothing… | 是的 在圣诞节 |
[49:31] | …like family at Christmas. | 没有什么比得过家人 |
[49:34] | Guys? You’re breaking up. | 伙计们 网络连接中断 |
[49:37] | Guys? Dad? | 伙计们 爸爸 |
[49:41] | – And you’re gone. – Hey. | -又断了 -你好 |
[49:45] | Door was just open. | 门就开着 |
[49:47] | Yeah, we… We do that here. | 嗯 在这我们不关门 |
[49:50] | Am I interrupting? Are you… | 打断你了吗 你在 |
[49:51] | No. No, I’m all done. | 没有 没有 结束了 |
[49:54] | Everything okay? | 还好吗 |
[49:56] | Yeah. I was, uh… | 很好 我 |
[49:58] | just trying to FaceTime with my family. | 刚刚和家人视频聊天 |
[50:00] | We were gonna have dinner together, | 我们准备一起吃晚饭 |
[50:02] | but the internet on their end had different plans. | 但是他们那边网络不好断线了 |
[50:05] | Sorry to hear that. | 开心点 |
[50:08] | Anyway, you ready to go Christmas snorkeling? | 话说回来 你准备去圣诞潜水了吗 |
[50:10] | Actually, I stopped by to say I can’t go. | 实际上 我路过你这想跟你说我去不了 |
[50:13] | – Really? Why not? – I’m getting pressure from Washington. | -真的吗 为什么 -华盛顿那边给我压力 |
[50:16] | – Speed things up. – That’s exactly why you have to go. | -得加快完成工作 -所以你更得去 |
[50:18] | – I’m – As soon as possible. | -我 -越快越好 |
[50:20] | Getting in the water is the best cure for stress. | 下水是最好的解压方式 |
[50:22] | You come out feeling more relaxed, more efficient… | 如果这对你可行的话 |
[50:25] | if that’s even possible for you. | 从水里出来后你会感觉更轻松更高效 |
[50:28] | Wanna be good at your job? | 要想工作好 |
[50:30] | Snorkel. | 潜水去 |
[50:36] | All right. That should do it. | 好了 这样应该可以了 |
[50:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢你 |
[50:41] | Ready to take the plunge? | 准备好潜水了吗 |
[50:44] | As ready as I’ll ever be. | 随时都准备好了 |
[50:46] | – All right, let’s go. – Now? | -好的 出发 -现在吗 |
[50:47] | – Yep. – Okay. | -是的 -好 |
[50:48] | ♪ I love Christmas in the snow ♪ | ♪ 我钟爱着雪中的圣诞节 ♪ |
[50:52] | ♪ But Christmas in the sand ♪ | ♪ 沙滩上的圣诞节 ♪ |
[50:56] | ♪ Oh, man ♪ | ♪ 哦 朋友 ♪ |
[50:58] | ♪ I tell you, that’s where it’s at ♪ | ♪ 告诉你 就在那里 ♪ |
[51:03] | ♪ Hawaiian Tropic on my skin ♪ | ♪ 这里有夏威夷热风掠过我的皮肤 ♪ |
[51:07] | ♪ Candy cane of peppermint ♪ | ♪ 薄荷拐杖糖 ♪ |
[51:11] | ♪ A hint of cocoa on my lips ♪ | ♪ 唇边的可可粉痕迹 ♪ |
[51:16] | ♪ Could have been the sun Could have been the sea ♪ | ♪ 可能是阳光 可能是海洋 ♪ |
[51:20] | ♪ Could have been my childhood fantasy ♪ | ♪ 可能是童年梦想 ♪ |
[51:25] | ♪ But I saw Santa in his bathing suit ♪ | ♪ 我看见圣诞老人穿着泳衣 ♪ |
[51:29] | ♪ Tryin’ to catch a wave But he tried too soon ♪ | ♪ 试图逐浪狂奔 ♪ |
[51:33] | ♪ He laughed so hard That he could barely breathe ♪ | ♪ 他狂笑不止甚至不能呼吸♪ |
[51:37] | ♪ And washed up next to me ♪ | ♪ 突然出现在我身边 ♪ |
[51:39] | ♪ He said, “And you look naughty But I’m sure you’re nice” ♪ | ♪ 说“你很淘气但是我相信你很善良”♪ |
[51:44] | ♪ He was soakin’ wet But he cracked a smile ♪ | ♪ 他浑身湿透 面带微笑 ♪ |
[51:47] | ♪ With a present in his hand ♪ | ♪ 手里拿着礼物 ♪ |
[51:50] | ♪ He said, “It’s Christmas in the sand” ♪ | ♪ 他说“沙滩上的圣诞节礼物”♪ |
[51:53] | ♪ Christmas in the sand ♪ | ♪ 沙滩上的圣诞节 ♪ |
[51:55] | ♪ Christmas in the sand ♪ | ♪ 沙滩上的圣诞节 ♪ |
[51:57] | ♪ Whoa, Christmas in the sand… ♪ | ♪ 沙滩上的圣诞节 ♪ |
[52:00] | Oh, my gosh! | 天啊 |
[52:02] | ♪ Christmas in the sand, whoa… ♪ | ♪ 沙滩上的圣诞节 ♪ |
[52:02] | Aah! That was amazing! | 太不可思议了 |
[52:05] | That was amazing! | 太令人惊奇了 |
[52:06] | That parrotfish was like a rainbow with fins! | 鹦嘴鱼像个带鳍的彩虹 |
[52:10] | And the turtle, I tried to swim | 还有海龟 我想游到它后面 |
[52:11] | back to it, but it kept getting away. | 但是它一直游 |
[52:14] | And just like that, a new Christmas tradition is born. | 就像这样 一个新的圣诞传统产生了 |
[52:23] | The Procurement Office has a data drive ready for me, | 采购办公室给我准备了个数据硬盘 |
[52:26] | and I have a meeting with the general | 一个小时后在联队司令部 |
[52:27] | at Wing Headquarters in an hour. | 和上将有个会议 |
[52:29] | Suit yourself. | 你自己看着办 |
[52:30] | I’ve gotta do a bit of horse-trading | 不管如何我要为今晚的 |
[52:32] | for the fundraiser tonight anyway. | 募集活动准备交易 |
[52:33] | Okay. | 好的 |
[52:35] | Captain! Your shipment’s arrived. | 上尉 你的货物到了 |
[52:38] | I see that! | 我看见了 |
[52:40] | Wait. Trees. How did you get | 等下 树 你是怎么把 |
[52:42] | ten Douglas firs halfway across the world? | 世界那头的十颗道格拉斯冷杉弄到这里的 |
[52:45] | It’s not gonna end up in some sort of report, is it? | 这不会妨碍你的报告 是不 |
[52:48] | I promise you it didn’t cost the taxpayers a penny. | 我向你保证这不会花纳税人的一分钱 |
[52:50] | I find that hard to believe. | 很难让人相信 |
[52:52] | So a guy I know in Oregon owns a tree farm. | 我认识俄勒冈州的一个人有个林场 |
[52:54] | He donated ten trees and dropped them off | 他捐了十颗树 并把他们送到 |
[52:56] | at Portland at the Air National Guard. | 波特兰国家空军警卫队 |
[52:58] | They flew them to San Diego because | 他们把它空运到圣地亚哥 |
[52:59] | they were going there for training. | 因为那里有个新兵训练 |
[53:01] | And a buddy at the Naval Air Station there | 国家空军警卫队里有个同伴 |
[53:02] | was flying a C-40 of recruits to Pearl Harbor, so… | 要开新兵的C-40运输机来珍珠港 |
[53:06] | So that’s only halfway. | 那么还有一半的路程 |
[53:08] | Then, from Pearl, they ended up as freight on | 然后从珍珠港他们 |
[53:10] | a half-empty supply flight to Saipan, | 以一半负荷量飞到塞班 |
[53:12] | where they were put on a Super Hercules | 在那这些树被放到超级运输机上 |
[53:14] | already due for depot maintenance here. | 现在到这基地维修站 |
[53:16] | -Okay, but that doesn’t… – But nothin’. | -好吧 但也不能 -但是什么都没有 |
[53:20] | Come and see what all this free transports get to us. | 进来看看这些免费运输给我们带来什么 |
[53:22] | It’s time to trade horses. | 该是交易的时候了 |
[53:43] | Oh! That’s the same one we had last year! | 去年也是同样的这个 |
[53:45] | – Hey, Andrew! How are you? – Hey, how you doing? | -安德鲁 你好吗 -你好吗 |
[53:48] | Thank you for bringing the trees. Thank you for taking them. | 谢谢你把这些树带过来 谢谢你接收这些 |
[53:53] | Hello. | 你好 |
[53:54] | How are you? Good to see you. Hi. | 你好吗 很高兴见到你 你好 |
[53:56] | Watch out. It’s heavy. All right. | 当心 很重的 好的 |
[53:58] | Put them in the lobby. | 放到大厅里 |
[53:59] | Okay. So, what’s the angle here? | 好了 那么这里交易是什么 |
[54:01] | Thing you gotta remember is, it’s about finding the right angle. | 你要记住关键是要找到合适的切入点 |
[54:04] | – They’re beautiful. – I made a deal with hotel management. | -它们很漂亮 -我和酒店管理达成了协议 |
[54:07] | They are now officially the only resort on the island | 它们现在正式成为岛上唯一的度假胜地 |
[54:10] | that carries real Douglas fir trees, | 拥有真正的道格拉斯冷杉树 |
[54:12] | just in time for the Christmas Eve banquet tonight. | 正好赶上今晚的圣诞晚宴 |
[54:14] | In exchange for what? | 用什么换 |
[54:15] | Ten cases of soap, 20 sets of sheets, | 10箱肥皂 20套床单 |
[54:17] | 15 packs of rice, six sets of pots | 15包米 6套锅具 |
[54:18] | that their new chef doesn’t really like, | 他们的新主厨好像并不喜欢这锅具 |
[54:20] | and eight dozen eggs for the eggnog tonight. | 还有今晚喝蛋酒用的八打鸡蛋 |
[54:22] | All that for some trees? For some free trees. Yeah. | -就为了一些树 -为这些附赠的树 没错 |
[54:26] | And… | 还有 |
[54:30] | a little one to brighten up someone’s room | 还有一株小树为了照亮某个远道而来 |
[54:32] | who’s far away from home. | 人的房间 |
[54:36] | All right, let’s, uh, finish unloading these | 让我们 把这些卸下来 |
[54:38] | so we can get you back | 这样我们可以送你回去 |
[54:39] | so you can dive into that data drive, meet the general, | 你就可以投入到数据磁盘中 和大家见面 |
[54:41] | then we have a few hours before we put our party pants on. | 那在派对开始前就还可以余有几个小时 |
[54:45] | Okay. Come on. | 好的 走吧 |
[54:48] | Andrew, over here! | 安德鲁 这边 |
[54:51] | Yeah, that’s it. | 没错 就是这样 |
[54:54] | A flurry. | 一整片 |
[54:55] | Coconut shavings away! | 成片刮落的椰子 |
[55:00] | And that’s a white Christmas in the tropics. | 这就是热带地区的白色圣诞节 |
[55:18] | You pack a dress like this everywhere you go? | 你去哪都会带着这样一条裙子吗 |
[55:20] | Guess you’re not the only one who can horse-trade, Captain. | 看来你不是唯一会讨价还价的人 上尉 |
[55:24] | Does it look okay? | 这看起来可以吗 |
[55:27] | Yeah. | 很美 |
[55:30] | You look beautiful. | 你看起来很美 |
[55:32] | I like you in blue. | 我喜欢你穿着蓝色衣服 |
[55:37] | Good job, Andrew. | 安德鲁 你做得太棒了 |
[55:39] | I mean, I never knew coconut could stand in for snow. | 我从来不知道椰子可以代替雪 |
[55:43] | Yeah. Uh, it took us a while to figure that out. | 我们花了一些时间才想出来的 |
[55:47] | Last year, we tried freeze-dried potatoes au gratin. | 去年我们试图用冰冻土豆做雪 |
[55:53] | – And, uh… it wasn’t pretty. – No. | -是不是不美 -很美 |
[55:58] | – Hey, everybody, gather in. – Oh, there they are. | -所有人 集合 -他们在那里 |
[56:00] | Let’s get this party started. | 让我们开启这个派对 |
[56:02] | Oh, come on. Yeah, over here. Come on. | 快来 在那里 快来 |
[56:04] | Brother Bruce. | 布鲁斯 |
[56:06] | You ready for this, Auntie? | 你准备好了吗 姑妈 |
[56:08] | Let’s do it. | 开始吧 |
[56:18] | Yeah! | 太棒了 |
[56:21] | So… | 所以 |
[56:23] | So this is what a tropical Christmas is like? | 所以这就是热带的圣诞节 |
[56:25] | Like Rockefeller Plaza with palm trees. | 像是在有棕榈树的洛克菲勒广场 |
[56:28] | Oh! I see a few guests without drinks, | 我看到有些客人没有酒 |
[56:30] | and drinks are our biggest mark-up, so I best be on my way. | 而酒是我们最大的加分项 我最好去帮忙 |
[56:33] | – See you in a bit. – Okay. | -一会见 -好的 |
[56:38] | He’s, uh… always workin’ an angle, huh? | 他 总是可以耍花招做成事情是吗 |
[56:41] | Oh, yeah, pretty much. | 没错 差不多 |
[56:43] | Yeah, smooth-talker. Ladies must love that. | 会说话 女人们一定很爱这款 |
[56:47] | Actually, not really. | 事实上并不是这样 |
[56:50] | Uh, he may seem like he’s got all the moves, | 他也许看起来像是使出了浑身解数 |
[56:53] | but you know how Captain got his call sign, “Claws”? | 但你知道上尉是怎么得到代号”克劳兹”吗 |
[56:57] | Figured it was because he had his claws | 我想这是因为他对每个经过的漂亮游客 |
[56:59] | in every pretty tourist passing through. | 都伸出魔爪 |
[57:01] | Uh, “CLAWS,” as in, “Can’t Leave Anyone Without Santa.” | “克劳兹”意思是丢不下没有圣诞老人的人 |
[57:07] | Cap’n steps up whenever anybody needs help. | 只要有人需要帮助上尉就会站出来 |
[57:10] | Brings Christmas to everyone, everywhere. | 给每个人带来圣诞节 无论人在哪里 |
[57:12] | Doesn’t do anything else, | 其他什么都不做 |
[57:14] | and that’s why he can’t keep a girl | 这就是为什么他留不住一个女孩的原因 |
[57:16] | and why he’s always here every holiday. | 也是他为什么每次假期都在这里的原因 |
[57:19] | I didn’t know. | 我之前不知道 |
[57:22] | Didn’t you ever wonder about those living quarters of his? | 你有想过他的住处吗 |
[57:25] | The house of boxes and books? | 装满了盒子和书本的房子 |
[57:27] | Yeah. Yeah, that one. | 是的 没错 就是那个 |
[57:29] | Captain gave up his officer’s quarters | 上尉放弃了军官的住处 |
[57:31] | to make room for a family comin’ in from Hickam. | 从而为希卡姆来的一家人腾出住处 |
[57:33] | Since family housing was full, Cap’n stepped up, | 由于家庭住房已满 上尉就和以往一样 |
[57:37] | just like he always does. | 挺身而出 |
[57:38] | And those boxes are donations that come in throughout the year. | 这些盒子是全年的捐赠 |
[57:41] | He stores them there so they don’t take up space on the base. | 他来储存它们这样就不会占据基地的空间 |
[57:45] | ♪ …everyone said, ’cause I love you ♪ | ♪ 每个人都说 因为我爱你 ♪ |
[57:48] | ♪ I can’t get you out my head ‘Cause I love you ♪ | ♪ 我无法忘记你 因为我爱你 ♪ |
[57:54] | – So good, right? – Yeah, love that! | -很棒 是吗 -没错 我爱死了 |
[58:00] | You want more power? You add more solar panels, | 你要更多电量 你就增加更多太阳能电板 |
[58:03] | and then you can have your lights and stereo. | 然后你就可以开启灯光和音响 |
[58:09] | – Oh, yeah, that’s great. – Yeah! | -这太棒了 -没错 |
[58:12] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[58:13] | How much money do you need to raise for the Drop? | 为圣诞空投你需要筹集多少费用 |
[58:16] | -Ah, it’s never enough. -It’s a good-sized crowd. | -永远都不够 -这是相当大一批人 |
[58:19] | Should be. We plastered a bunch of flyers | 应该是 我们在度假胜地和市中心 |
[58:21] | at the resorts and downtown. | 都贴了很多传单 |
[58:22] | Hey, why is nobody dancing? | 为什么没人跳舞 |
[58:27] | Secret weapon time. | 秘密武器时间 |
[58:29] | Hey, Sunshine. | 嘿 阳光 |
[58:30] | – Yes, sir. – Let’s do it. | -是 长官 -我们开始吧 |
[58:31] | – Oh, it’s time. – Okay. I’ll see you. | -时间到了 -好的 一会见 |
[58:34] | You’re gonna wanna see this. | 你会想看这个的 |
[58:40] | – Here we go. – Okay! | -来吧 -好 |
[58:51] | All right! Go! | 继续 |
[58:52] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[59:07] | ♪ I saw three ships come sailin’ in ♪ | ♪ 我看见三艘船在 ♪ |
[59:08] | ♪ On Christmas Day, on Christmas Day ♪ | ♪ 圣诞节这天驶来 ♪ |
[59:10] | ♪ On Christmas Day in the mornin’ ♪ | ♪ 就在圣诞节的早晨 ♪ |
[59:13] | ♪ Whither sailed those ships all three On Christmas Day… ♪ | ♪ 这三艘船在圣诞节那天都去了哪里 ♪ |
[59:16] | Okay, for my next magic trick… | 我的下一个魔术是 |
[59:20] | – My lady, would you like to dance? – Oh, no, thank you. | -女士 你愿意与我跳支舞吗 -不了谢谢 |
[59:22] | – Is this a Washington thing? – I’m just gonna hold off. | -这是华盛顿传统吗 -我就是等一等 |
[59:24] | Why not? | 为何不跳舞 |
[59:26] | ‘Cause I’m a terrible dancer. | 因为我跳舞很糟糕 |
[59:28] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[59:28] | ♪ All the bells on Earth shall ring… ♪ | ♪ 地球上所有的钟声都会被敲响 ♪ |
[59:30] | Just dance like no one’s watching. | 跳舞吧 假装没人在看 |
[59:32] | ♪ On Christmas day in the mornin’ ♪ | ♪ 在圣诞节这天的早晨 ♪ |
[59:34] | ♪ All the souls on Earth… ♪ | ♪ 地球上所有的灵魂 ♪ |
[59:34] | You should gonna stop. | 停下 |
[59:37] | Never. Come on. | 不 一起来吧 |
[59:37] | ♪ All the souls on Earth shall sing… ♪ | ♪ 地球上所有的灵魂都将歌唱 ♪ |
[59:39] | Fine. Because it’s a good cause. | 好吧 这的确是个好理由 |
[59:41] | ♪ On Christmas Day in the mornin’ ♪ | ♪ 在圣诞节这天的早晨 ♪ |
[59:42] | Yeah, it’s for a good cause. Exactly. | 这是个好理由 完全正确 |
[59:47] | All right! | 好的 |
[59:50] | Yeah. | 就是这样 |
[59:58] | All right, girl, all right! Whoo! Whoo! | 太棒了 女孩 |
[1:00:00] | – Yeah, go, girl! – Erica. | -就是这样 跳 -艾瑞卡 |
[1:00:03] | Erica. | 艾瑞卡 |
[1:00:05] | Maybe dance like a few people are watchin’. | 也许还是当做有几个人在看你一样跳舞 |
[1:00:09] | ♪ And let us rejoice again On Christmas Day… ♪ | ♪ 让我们在圣诞节再次欢庆吧 ♪ |
[1:00:11] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:00:11] | ♪ On Christmas Day ♪ | ♪ 在圣诞节这天 ♪ |
[1:00:12] | ♪ And let us rejoice again ♪ | ♪ 让我们再度欢庆 ♪ |
[1:00:14] | What? It wasn’t that bad. | 怎么 这没那么糟糕 |
[1:00:14] | ♪ In the mornin’ ♪ | ♪ 就在早晨 ♪ |
[1:00:16] | ♪ Are you on a mission to embarrass me? | ♪ 我看见三艘船 ♪ |
[1:00:16] | Are you on a mission to embarrass me? | 你的任务是让我难堪吗? |
[1:00:19] | We’ve all got our missions here. | 这里我们都有自己的任务 |
[1:00:22] | I just hope yours isn’t to close down our base. | 我只希望你的不是要关闭我们的基地 |
[1:00:25] | I hope not, too. | 我也希望不是 |
[1:00:45] | I’d love to. | 我很乐意 |
[1:00:48] | ♪ The first Noel ♪ | ♪ 第一个圣诞节 ♪ |
[1:00:51] | ♪ The angels did say ♪ | ♪ 天使如此说道 ♪ |
[1:00:55] | ♪ Was to certain poor shepherds ♪ | ♪ 那些可怜的牧羊人 ♪ |
[1:00:59] | ♪ In fields where they lay ♪ | ♪ 是躺在田野里 ♪ |
[1:01:07] | ♪ Keeping their sheep ♪ | ♪ 看管他们的羊群 ♪ |
[1:01:10] | ♪ On a cold winter’s night ♪ | ♪ 在寒冷的冬日夜晚 ♪ |
[1:01:13] | ♪ That was so deep… ♪ | ♪ 是如此的黑 ♪ |
[1:01:13] | That’s nice. | 那样挺不错 |
[1:01:18] | What is it that makes you wanna help people? | 是什么让你想要帮助别人 |
[1:01:24] | I grew up on a farm. | 我在农场里长大 |
[1:01:25] | ♪ Born is the King… ♪ | ♪ 生为以色列的 ♪ |
[1:01:25] | We had a few tough winters in a row. | 我们连续经历了几个严冬 |
[1:01:29] | ♪ Of Israel ♪ | ♪ 国王 ♪ |
[1:01:29] | We were really close to losing it all. | 我们差点就失去一切 |
[1:01:31] | But then a bunch of our neighbors all got together, | 但是很多邻居集合起来 |
[1:01:34] | and they helped us through it. | 并且帮助我们渡过难关 |
[1:01:36] | My folks still live on that farm. | 我的家人还住在那个农场 |
[1:01:39] | I’ll never forget the kindness those people showed us. | 我永远不会忘记那些人对我们的善意 |
[1:01:44] | I guess I’m just trying to… | 我只是想试着 |
[1:01:47] | pay it forward. | 把爱传出去 |
[1:01:48] | ♪ They looked up… ♪ | ♪ 他们在寻找 ♪ |
[1:01:50] | I get it. | 我明白了 |
[1:01:50] | ♪ And saw a star… ♪ | ♪ 随后看见一颗星星 ♪ |
[1:01:53] | My mom taught me the noblest thing to do | 我妈妈和我说过最高尚的事情 |
[1:01:56] | was find a need and fill it. | 就是寻找需求并且满足它们 |
[1:01:59] | Find a hurt and heal it. | 寻找伤痛并且治愈它们 |
[1:02:02] | One of the Air Force core values is service before self. | 空军的核心价值观之一是先人后己 |
[1:02:07] | And, sometimes, I wonder if I’ve drifted too far | 有时候 我在想自己否已离当初从政的 |
[1:02:09] | from the real reason that I got into politics in the first place. | 真正原因太远了 |
[1:02:13] | Yesterday, I saw you give everything that you had in your purse | 昨天 我看见你把你包里的所有东西 |
[1:02:18] | to a little girl who you barely knew. | 给一个你几乎不认识的小女孩 |
[1:02:22] | You’re here. | 你和我们一样 |
[1:02:25] | And you’re helping. | 你正在帮助别人 |
[1:02:30] | You know, I misjudged you. | 你知道吗 我想错你了 |
[1:02:34] | I thought you were this self-centered egotist, | 我以为你是个以自我为中心的自大狂 |
[1:02:37] | wheeling and dealing for your own good. | 为了自己的利益而不择手段 |
[1:02:39] | And? | 然后 |
[1:02:42] | Waiting. | 我在等 |
[1:02:46] | Still waiting. | 还在等 |
[1:02:46] | ♪ Born is the King… ♪ | ♪ 生为以色列的 ♪ |
[1:02:49] | Clearly, there’s more to you than meets the eye. | 很明显 你比表面上的看到的有更多 |
[1:02:51] | ♪ Of Israel… ♪ | ♪ 国王 ♪ |
[1:02:53] | It’s funny… | 这很好笑 |
[1:02:56] | I was gonna say the same thing about you. | 我也想对你说同样的话 |
[1:02:56] | ♪ Noel, Noel ♪ | ♪ 圣诞节 圣诞节 ♪ |
[1:03:01] | ♪ Born is the King… ♪ | ♪ 生为以色列的 ♪ |
[1:03:01] | ♪ Hey, Captain. Uh, fire dancers are ready. | 上尉 火舞者准备好了 |
[1:03:04] | ♪ Of Israel ♪ | ♪ 国王 ♪ |
[1:03:08] | Fire dancers? | 火舞者 |
[1:03:28] | Is something wrong? | 出什么问题了吗 |
[1:03:30] | I missed three calls from DC. | 我漏接了三个来自华盛顿特区的电话 |
[1:03:34] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -没错 |
[1:03:35] | It’s, like, 4:30 in the morning there. | 这看起来 那里应该是凌晨四点半 |
[1:03:37] | Yeah, I’m gonna wait a couple hours before I call them back. | 没错 我要等几个小时再给他们回电话 |
[1:03:39] | I’m pretty sure I know what it’s about. | 我很确定知道是怎么回事 |
[1:03:42] | Our tallies are in, Andrew. | 我们的数据出来了 安德鲁 |
[1:03:44] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢你 女士 |
[1:03:48] | What? We did, like, double our numbers… | 什么 我们人数翻了一倍 |
[1:03:51] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:03:52] | …since last year! | 比起去年的 |
[1:03:53] | – Well done. – Oh, thank you, sir. | -干得好 -谢谢你 长官 |
[1:03:56] | But we’re still gonna have to prioritize our choices. | 但我们还是要优先考虑我们的选择 |
[1:03:59] | Rice, vegetables, seeds, canopy materials. | 大米 蔬菜 种子 冠层材料 |
[1:04:02] | I don’t think there’ll be much left. | 我想剩下的不多了 |
[1:04:05] | What about generators? | 发电机呢 |
[1:04:08] | I wish, but they’re a big-ticket item. | 我也想 但那是很贵的东西 |
[1:04:10] | We’re still playing catch-up. | 我们还没盈利 |
[1:04:12] | I keep thinking about Ilana and her friends with no power, | 我一直在想伊拉娜和她的朋友没有电 |
[1:04:14] | no way to access a web connection for school. | 以至于无法接入学校的网络连接 |
[1:04:18] | Well, Sampson’s the only one who | 桑普森是唯一一位 |
[1:04:19] | stocks them, and he’s not willing to play. | 储存这些的人 但是他不愿意用 |
[1:04:21] | I might have an idea that’ll help him change his mind. | 我有个主意也许能帮他改变主意 |
[1:04:31] | That’s a great idea! | 那个主意很棒 |
[1:04:33] | Honey, over here! | 亲爱的 这里 |
[1:04:34] | I really just wanna… I want you to have… | 我真是只是 我希望你有 |
[1:04:37] | – Oh, I know! – Yeah, it’s really good. | -我知道 -这真的很棒 |
[1:04:39] | There he is. Wish me luck. | 那是他 祝我好运 |
[1:04:41] | Oh, sister, you don’t need luck. Go get ’em. | 你不需要好运 去拿下他 |
[1:04:43] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:04:45] | – Oh, that sounds fun! – Yeah, that’d be great. | -这听起来很有趣 -没错 这个很棒 |
[1:04:47] | Mayor Sampson, hi. Erica Miller. | 桑普森市长 你好 我是艾瑞卡 米勒 |
[1:04:49] | I work with Congresswoman Bradford. | 我在和布拉德福众议员共事 |
[1:04:52] | On the Base Realignment And Closure Commission. | 基地关闭及整改组的 |
[1:04:54] | – The same, Yes. – Oh. | -对 就是那个 -噢 |
[1:04:55] | Island grapevine has it you’re here to try and shutter the base. | 岛上的小道消息说你打算关掉这里的基地 |
[1:04:58] | I’m here to make recommendations | 我是来为潜在的任务整改可能性 |
[1:04:59] | about possible mission realignment. | 提供建议的 |
[1:05:01] | Or closure. I know how BRACC | 或是关闭 我知道整改组的 |
[1:05:02] | works, Miss Miller. | 工作内容 米勒女士 |
[1:05:03] | And I have to say, shutting this base would bankrupt my business | 我只能说 关掉这座基地会让我的生意 |
[1:05:06] | and a third of the rest of the island. | 还有这岛上三分之一的商户破产 |
[1:05:07] | I understand that, and I’m making sure | 我知道 我会确保 |
[1:05:09] | to include it all in my data collection. | 这一切都被计入我们收集的数据 |
[1:05:11] | But, Mr. Sampson, I’m not at liberty | 但是 桑普森先生 我无法随意 |
[1:05:12] | nor inclined to talk about my report. | 也不倾向于透露我的报告内容 |
[1:05:16] | Fair enough. | 行吧 |
[1:05:17] | I actually just wanna chat briefly about | 我只想简单的了解一下 |
[1:05:18] | Operation Christmas Drop. | 圣诞投放计划计划 |
[1:05:19] | Okay. No, no. I already told Captain Jantz | 好的 不 不 我已经告诉 詹茨上尉 |
[1:05:21] | those diesel generators are far too expensive | 那些燃油发电机太贵了 |
[1:05:23] | for me to give away left and right. | 我不能随随便便就送出去 |
[1:05:25] | Obviously. I mean, you’re a businessman, first and foremost. | 当然 我是说 我知道首先你是个商人 |
[1:05:28] | – I’m not here about your generators. – No? | -我不是来问发电机的 -不是吗 |
[1:05:29] | No, I wanna make you a business proposition. | 不 我是来向你谈一项商业合作的 |
[1:05:32] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:05:33] | Come with me. I wanna introduce you to a friend of mine. | 跟我来 我想给你介绍我的一位朋友 |
[1:05:36] | What do you know about solar inverters, sir? | 你对光伏逆变器了解多少 先生 |
[1:05:47] | Second round of rice, everybody. | 第二轮米饭来了 大家注意 |
[1:05:50] | One bag per box. You know what to do. | 每盒一包 懂得都懂 |
[1:06:12] | – What? – Yes. | -什么 -他说可以 |
[1:06:14] | That’s incredible! Oh! | 那太棒啦 |
[1:06:16] | How? What did you say to him? | 怎么做到的 你对他说了什么 |
[1:06:18] | I told him about a couple of initiatives out of Washington | 我跟他讲华盛顿的部分组织 |
[1:06:20] | that are encouraging businesses like his | 正在鼓励他这样的企业 |
[1:06:22] | to switch to renewable resources, | 转而使用可再生能源 |
[1:06:23] | and Brother Bruce did the rest. | 剩下的就交给布鲁斯了 |
[1:06:26] | Guys, Erica just got Sampson to donate | 伙计们 艾瑞卡成功让桑普森为投放计划 |
[1:06:29] | three solar-powered inverters to the Drop! | 捐赠三个太阳能逆变器 |
[1:06:32] | Oh! Yeah! | 真棒 |
[1:06:34] | Nice work, Erica! | 干得漂亮 艾瑞卡 |
[1:06:36] | Thank you! | 谢谢你 |
[1:06:39] | Hey, boss. General wants to see the team in the ready room. | 老大 将军想在准备室和全队见面 |
[1:06:44] | Whoo! Pass it to me. Come on. | -呜呼 -把它递给我 快点 |
[1:06:46] | Next up, snorkels, fish hooks, and masks! | 接下来是呼吸管 鱼钩 和面具 |
[1:06:49] | Let’s pack it up, people. | 准备收摊了 大伙们 |
[1:06:51] | You heard him. Let’s go! Yes! Go, go, go! | 都听到他了 |
[1:06:55] | It’s a rapidly intensifying cat-four typhoon, | 这是一个正在快速增幅的4级台风 |
[1:06:59] | and the outermost bands of this monster | 这个庞然大物的最外沿 |
[1:07:00] | look like they’ll make landfall | 大概两天之内 |
[1:07:02] | and sit on top of us in two days. | 就会在我们头上登陆 |
[1:07:04] | 130 to 150 mile an hour winds | 右前方四分的风力 |
[1:07:07] | in the right front quadrant. | 达到每小时130到150英里 |
[1:07:08] | Radius, 520 kilometers. | 半径520千米 |
[1:07:11] | Can we get over top of it? | 我们能从上面绕过去吗 |
[1:07:12] | We can, but it’s not gonna get any presents delivered. | 可以 但是那样一件礼物都投不了 |
[1:07:14] | It doesn’t matter. I can’t risk anything off the tarmac | 这无关紧要 我不想顶着这种庞然大物 |
[1:07:17] | with something this big in the way. | 冒任何东西被刮出跑道的风险 |
[1:07:18] | It’s moving slowly, | 它的动作很慢 |
[1:07:20] | building as it goes, which is both good and bad news. | 边移动边增幅 是好消息也是坏消息 |
[1:07:23] | What are the chances it’s not gonna hit us? | 它不撞上我们的概率有多大 |
[1:07:25] | – Slim to none. – What about the outer Islands? | -几乎没有 -那外围的岛屿呢 |
[1:07:28] | They haven’t recovered from the last one. | 他们还在为上一次台风重建 |
[1:07:30] | Thankfully, on its current trajectory, the | 万幸的是 按照现在的移动轨迹 |
[1:07:32] | worst of this one will miss them, but– | 其中最猛的那个会和他们擦肩而过 但是 |
[1:07:34] | Operation Christmas Drop can’t happen. | 圣诞投放计划要搁浅了 |
[1:07:36] | Not on this schedule. | 至少不能按照目前的计划 |
[1:07:38] | It may be after Christmas before we get back in the air. | 我们可能得在圣诞节后才能重新起飞 |
[1:07:42] | Then we need to work faster. | 那我们得加把劲了 |
[1:07:44] | Load up. Go now. | 装好东西 现在就走 |
[1:07:46] | Anyways, maybe the typhoon will veer off in another direction. | 也许台风会拐到另一个方向去 |
[1:07:49] | The furthest island is 11 hours out | 去最远的岛屿要11个小时 |
[1:07:51] | and 11 hours back. We just can’t make it. | 回来也要11个小时 我们做不到的 |
[1:07:53] | I won’t put our people at risk. | 我不会让我的人去冒险 |
[1:07:56] | But what we can do is keep sorting | 但是我们可以一直分拣和包装 |
[1:07:58] | and packing right up until we can’t. | 直到我们做不了为止 |
[1:08:01] | And hope for a Christmas miracle. | 然后祈求有一个圣诞奇迹 |
[1:08:07] | What? | 怎么了 |
[1:08:09] | They happen. | 奇迹可以发生 |
[1:08:15] | All right, people. Let’s get to it. | 好了 同志们 该干活了 |
[1:08:39] | All right, everybody, final items. | 好了 朋友们 最后的物资 |
[1:08:42] | Let’s make sure you got school supplies. | 我们得保证你们拿到学习用品 |
[1:08:44] | Let’s start closing it up. | 准备收工了 |
[1:08:46] | If your friends on the Hill could see you now. | 假如你华盛顿的的朋友现在看见你 |
[1:08:48] | If they could see me now, I’d be fired. | 假如他们现在看到我 我的工作就没了 |
[1:08:51] | Okay, my little elves. | 好了 我的小精灵们 |
[1:08:53] | Bring it in. | 把它带进来 |
[1:08:55] | Yeah, bring it in. | 对 把它带进来 |
[1:08:57] | – Come on! – What? It’s a tradition. | -求求你 -怎么了 这可是传统 |
[1:08:59] | – Every year? – Yeah. | -每年都是 -没错 |
[1:09:00] | – What’s going on? – Come on. | -现在做什么 -跟我来 |
[1:09:03] | ♪ Dashing through the snow ♪ | ♪ 冲破大风雪 ♪ |
[1:09:07] | ♪ In a one-horse open sleigh ♪ | ♪ 坐在雪橇上 ♪ |
[1:09:10] | ♪ O’er the fields we go ♪ | ♪ 飞驰过田野 ♪ |
[1:09:14] | ♪ Laughing all the way ♪ | ♪ 笑声洒一路 ♪ |
[1:09:16] | Whoo! | 呼 |
[1:09:17] | ♪ Well, I don’t sing well enough ♪ | ♪ 我歌力不足 ♪ |
[1:09:19] | To finish the rest of this song ♪ | ♪ 无法完成这首歌 ♪ |
[1:09:21] | ♪ Jingle bells, jingle bells ♪ | ♪ 叮叮当 叮叮当 ♪ |
[1:09:24] | ♪ Jingle all the way ♪ | ♪ 铃儿响叮当 ♪ |
[1:09:27] | ♪ Oh, what fun it is to ride ♪ | ♪ 我们在敞篷雪橇上 ♪ |
[1:09:29] | ♪ In a one-horse open sleigh ♪ | ♪ 滑雪多快乐 ♪ |
[1:09:31] | ♪ Hey! Jingle bells, jingle bells ♪ | ♪ 嘿 叮叮当 叮叮当 ♪ |
[1:09:35] | ♪ Jingle all the way ♪ | ♪ 铃儿响叮当 ♪ |
[1:09:37] | ♪ Oh, what fun it is to ride ♪ | ♪ 我们在敞篷雪橇上 ♪ |
[1:09:39] | ♪ In a one-horse open sleigh, hey! ♪ | ♪ 滑雪多快乐 嘿 ♪ |
[1:09:42] | Hm. You look good in a Santa hat. | 你戴着圣诞帽的样子挺靓的 |
[1:09:47] | Erica, what the heck is going on? | 艾瑞卡 这儿是怎么回事 |
[1:09:55] | Sorry, ma’am, I wasn’t expecting you. | 对不起 女士 没想到你会过来 |
[1:09:58] | Sally was supposed to call and tell you | 萨莉 本该打电话告诉你 |
[1:09:59] | that I rerouted through Honolulu. | 我从火奴鲁鲁绕路了 |
[1:10:01] | Yeah, I missed a few calls. | 啊 我漏接了几个电话 |
[1:10:03] | And the report that I was supposed | 还有个我走之前应该 |
[1:10:05] | to have in my hands before I left. | 交到我手上的报告 |
[1:10:07] | But, congresswoman, you didn’t have to fly in. | 但 众议员 你不一定要飞过去 |
[1:10:10] | Ma’am, I’m sorry to interrupt, but | 女士 很抱歉打扰到你们 但是 |
[1:10:11] | I’m afraid, if anyone’s to blame, it’s me. | 假如有人要负责 那个人该是我 |
[1:10:13] | I diverted your associate here– | 是我让你的下属分神 |
[1:10:14] | Captain, I don’t know you, | 队长 我不熟悉你 |
[1:10:16] | but I recognize your face from that photo in the newspaper. | 但是我在新闻的照片上见过你的脸 |
[1:10:20] | You’re part of the problem. | 你也是问题的一部分 |
[1:10:22] | Now, would you please explain to me what’s going on, | 那么 请你和我解释一下现在的情况 |
[1:10:24] | because this is obviously Operation Christmas Drop. | 因为这很显然是圣诞投放计划 |
[1:10:30] | Yeah, but, like I said, it’s all done by donations. | 是 但是我说过 一切都是捐赠募集来的 |
[1:10:34] | It provides resources to people in need | 它可以给几千平方里的有需要之人 |
[1:10:35] | over thousands of square miles. | 提供必须的物资 |
[1:10:37] | People who don’t vote in my district. | 不会在我的选区内投票的人 |
[1:10:40] | Now, how is this benefiting Americans? | 那么 这些又如何为美国人提供福利呢 |
[1:10:41] | Congresswoman, this base is America’s forward operating outpost | 众议员 这座基地是美国在敌对地区的 |
[1:10:44] | in a region of hostile– | 前沿作战岗哨 |
[1:10:45] | Your commander already briefed me on the base’s mission. | 你的指挥官已经和我简述过基地的任务了 |
[1:10:48] | Then you are aware the mission of this base is to provide | 那么你应该知道这个基地的任务 |
[1:10:51] | a US-based war-fighting platform, | 是提供一个美国的作战平台 |
[1:10:53] | as well as a rapid-response | 以及建立一个快速通往全球的 |
[1:10:55] | humanitarian relief program worldwide. | 人道主义救援组织 |
[1:11:00] | I’m going to Singapore in the morning, | 天气允许的话 |
[1:11:02] | weather permitting. | 我明天早上就要去新加坡了 |
[1:11:03] | Erica, I think it’s time you went home. | 艾瑞卡 我觉得你该回家了 |
[1:11:05] | But I’m… I’m not done– | 但我还没做完 |
[1:11:06] | I’m gonna let Matt and his team take this over, | 我会让马特和他的团队接手 |
[1:11:09] | and they can review what you’ve found back in DC. | 他们可以参考你在华盛顿整理的资料 |
[1:11:12] | I want you back at your desk, doing your job. | 我需要你在你的岗位上做你的工作 |
[1:11:17] | Lieutenant Bradley. | 布拉德利中尉 |
[1:11:25] | I better go pack. | 我得去收拾行李了 |
[1:11:27] | Whoa, whoa, whoa. | 喂 喂 喂 |
[1:11:29] | What, just like that? | 什么 就这 |
[1:11:32] | What happened to “We’re doing whatever it takes”? | 之前说的”我们要竭尽全力”呢 |
[1:11:34] | You heard her. My job is on the line. | 你也听见了 我的岗位都不保了 |
[1:11:38] | The winds are picking up, and the typhoon is on its way. | 风越刮越大 台风也正在路上 |
[1:11:40] | If we speed up our packing, we can | 假如我们加速收拾 我们可以 |
[1:11:41] | get a drop off first, before it hits. | 在它登陆前投放一次 |
[1:11:43] | I’m done with the Drop. | 我已经和投放计划没关系了 |
[1:11:45] | And if my boss has her way, | 假如我的老板有她的想法 |
[1:11:46] | you are too. | 那么你也可以有 |
[1:11:50] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:12:16] | Well, Lucky… | 嘿 幸运小壁虎 |
[1:12:18] | guess there’s not much truth to the island legend about you. | 关于你的岛屿传说也大多是编的吧 |
[1:12:29] | – Hey. – Listen, I am so sorry you got blindsided. | -嘿 -听着 你被蒙在鼓里真的很抱歉 |
[1:12:33] | It’s okay. She was supposed to go to Singapore. | 没关系 她是要去新加坡来着 |
[1:12:35] | – I kept trying your cell. – Sal! | -我一直试着打你的手机 -萨 |
[1:12:36] | It’s okay. I don’t know what I would have done differently, | 没事的 我也不知道我还能做什么 |
[1:12:39] | even if I’d known she was coming, so… | 就算我提前知道她要来 所以 |
[1:12:42] | Just finished packing and saying goodbye to a friend. | 刚刚收拾完行李 和一个朋友道别 |
[1:12:46] | That pilot? | 那个飞行员吗 |
[1:12:49] | Actually, this one is green with four legs. | 是一个四只脚 绿色的朋友 |
[1:12:52] | I’ve grown kind of fond of him. | 我有点喜欢上他了 |
[1:13:00] | You sure about coming back home now? | 你确定要现在回家吗 |
[1:13:04] | What can I do? | 我能怎么办 |
[1:13:06] | Bradford was crystal clear. | 布拉德福意思非常清楚 |
[1:13:08] | It’s just not like you to give up. | 感觉你不像是会退缩的人 |
[1:13:10] | I know. And this is the first Christmas | 我知道 而且这是长时间以来第一个 |
[1:13:12] | I’ve actually enjoyed in a while. | 我还有点喜欢的圣诞节 |
[1:13:24] | It reminds me of something. | 它让我想起一些东西 |
[1:13:26] | Reminds you of what? | 什么东西 |
[1:13:28] | Of Christmas. | 关于圣诞节 |
[1:13:32] | Like it used to be. | 以前的圣诞节 |
[1:13:39] | Sally, I have to go. | 萨莉 我得走了 |
[1:13:41] | I’ve got something I have to finish. | 我有一些要做的事情 |
[1:13:53] | Jake, how about another cranberry and soda? | 杰克 要不再来一点蔓越莓苏打 |
[1:13:56] | Comin’ up. | 马上就来 |
[1:13:59] | You can go home to your family, man. I’ll lock up when I leave. | 你可以先回家了 老兄 我走前会锁门 |
[1:14:03] | Thanks, Captain. Merry Christmas. | 谢了 圣诞快乐 |
[1:14:29] | Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world… | 在全世界所有的镇上所有的酒馆里 |
[1:14:34] | Don’t you have a flight to catch? | 你不是要赶飞机吗 |
[1:14:35] | – Could say the same thing to you. – Drop’s a bust. | -你不是也要吗 -投放计划泡汤了 |
[1:14:39] | Guess we’re all out of Christmas miracles this year. | 看来今年我们都没有圣诞奇迹 |
[1:14:42] | – So, you’re just gonna give up? – Look who’s talking. | -所以就这么放弃了 -站着说话不腰疼 |
[1:14:48] | We should get you to the airport | 我们应该把你弄到机场 |
[1:14:49] | while your flight can still take off. | 趁着飞机还能起飞的当口 |
[1:14:51] | I don’t care about my flight. | 我已经不关心我的航班了 |
[1:14:52] | It’s yours I’m thinking about. | 我更关心你的航班 |
[1:14:54] | This weather doesn’t have to ground you. | 这个天气并不一定会困住你 |
[1:14:57] | It has grounded me. | 它已经困住我了 |
[1:15:00] | I just saw a Christmas tree that made its way | 我刚刚看到一棵圣诞树 |
[1:15:02] | all the way from Oregon to San Diego to Saipan… | 从俄勒冈到圣地亚哥到塞班 |
[1:15:07] | to my living room in Guam. | 到我在关岛的卧室 |
[1:15:12] | Where there’s a will, there’s a way… | 有心者事竟成 |
[1:15:15] | especially at Christmas. | 尤其是圣诞节 |
[1:15:18] | It’s a lost cause. | 已经没机会了 |
[1:15:20] | The general grounded all transport. | 将军停掉了所有交通工具 |
[1:15:23] | There are no lost causes. | 没有什么是没机会的 |
[1:15:25] | – Wishing it won’t make it happen. – It’s not a wish. | -可不是许个愿就可以了 -这不是许愿 |
[1:15:29] | It’s a miracle. | 这是一个奇迹 |
[1:15:32] | I just talked to Travis. | 我刚刚和特拉维斯聊了聊 |
[1:15:34] | He’s been on the phone with | 他在和珍珠港的联合台风警报中心 |
[1:15:35] | the Joint Typhoon Warning Center at Pearl. | 打电话了解情况 |
[1:15:37] | They have a P-3 over top of the storm, | 他们把台风的评级降为3级 |
[1:15:39] | and they say it’s rapidly degrading. | 还说风力正在快速下降 |
[1:15:41] | General Hatcher said it is up to you, | 哈彻将军说让任务的指挥 |
[1:15:43] | the mission commander, to decide if we take off. | 也就是你 来决定是否起飞 |
[1:15:49] | If we take off? | 决定是否起飞 |
[1:15:51] | You called me Blitzen, right? | 你叫我闪电 不是吗 |
[1:15:54] | Isn’t it my job to deliver presents at Christmas? | 在圣诞节投递礼物 不正是我的工作吗 |
[1:16:28] | Look at everyone, giving up their time the day before Christmas. | 看看这群人 圣诞前一天还在工作 |
[1:16:31] | Beautiful, isn’t it? | 不觉得很美妙吗 |
[1:16:33] | Yeah. Almost as beautiful as this. | 是的 几乎和这个一样好看 |
[1:16:35] | Can I get everyone’s attention, please? | 请大家注意这里 |
[1:16:36] | The JTWC has just confirmed | 联合台风预警中心刚刚确认了 |
[1:16:38] | they downgraded the system to a tropical storm. | 他们将等级降低为热带风暴 |
[1:16:42] | We are clear all the way to Kapingamarangi atoll. | 我们一路开到卡宾格马朗吉环礁 |
[1:16:48] | Then, Captain Jantz | 那么 詹茨上尉 |
[1:16:49] | you are green to go with all three of Santa’s sleighs. | 你带着三架圣诞号一路顺利 |
[1:16:51] | Awesome! Let’s get this show on the road! | 太棒了 我们上路吧 |
[1:16:53] | You heard her, Trav. | 你听见她说的了 特拉维斯 |
[1:16:54] | – Fire it up. – Roger that, Claws. | -启程 -收到 克劳兹. |
[1:16:56] | Andersen Tower, | 安德森指挥塔 |
[1:16:57] | this is Santa’s Helper 01. | 这里是圣诞助手1号 |
[1:16:58] | Control departure time, 20 minutes. | 控制出发时间 20分钟 |
[1:17:03] | Oh, no. | 不会吧 |
[1:17:14] | – General. Lieutenant Colonel. – Ma’am. | -将军 中校 -夫人 |
[1:17:17] | I thought I asked you to stop this whole Christmas thing. | 我认为我告知过你停止整个圣诞计划 |
[1:17:20] | Yes, you did ask, congresswoman. | 是的 您说过 议员 |
[1:17:22] | And I thought I was quite clear that | 并且我认为我清楚的说过 |
[1:17:24] | I wanted you on a plane stateside today. | 我希望你今天坐飞机回美国 |
[1:17:27] | You were clear, ma’am, | 您是说过 夫人 |
[1:17:28] | but there’s too much for me to do here. | 但我在这儿有太多事要做 |
[1:17:30] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[1:17:31] | Respectfully, ma’am, | 郑重地 夫人 |
[1:17:32] | what’s happening here is far more important | 这里的事情远比 |
[1:17:33] | than what I’d be doing back home. | 我回家重要 |
[1:17:35] | You’re very close to throwing it all away, Ms. Miller. | 你把我说的话都抛到脑后了 米勒小姐 |
[1:17:42] | I’m gonna stay here and help. | 我会留在这里帮忙 |
[1:17:45] | And you should too. | 并且您也应该这样 |
[1:17:49] | I remember, when you first got elected, | 我记得 您第一次选举的时候 |
[1:17:51] | the cornerstone of your campaign | 您竞选的重要宗旨 |
[1:17:52] | was to make the world a better place. | 是为了让世界更美好 |
[1:17:55] | You promised your constituents that | 您向您的选民承诺过 |
[1:17:57] | you would work on making a difference. | 您会努力改变现状 |
[1:17:59] | These people, | 这些人 |
[1:18:01] | right here, | 现在就在这里 |
[1:18:03] | are making that difference. | 正在创造您所说的不同 |
[1:18:07] | I haven’t seen any evidence– | 我没有看到任何迹象 |
[1:18:08] | Well, I can show you some, congresswoman. | 好吧 我可以向您展示 夫人 |
[1:18:11] | Come fly with us today, | 今天请和我们一起飞 |
[1:18:12] | see what we do up there. | 看看我们在上面做些什么 |
[1:18:13] | I don’t think the optics– | 我不认为 |
[1:18:14] | No one has to know who you are or where you’re from. | 没人知道您是谁或者您从哪来 |
[1:18:17] | Erica can fly with Captain Jantz and his crew. | 艾瑞卡可以和詹茨上尉的团队一起飞 |
[1:18:19] | You come with me and mine. | 您和我的团队一起飞 |
[1:18:20] | Give it a chance, ma’am. | 给我们一个机会 夫人 |
[1:18:22] | I’ll meet you afterwards, and I’ll give you my report. | 我之后会去见您 给您我的报告 |
[1:18:40] | Okay? | 还好吗 |
[1:18:41] | Okay. | 没事 |
[1:19:09] | Tower, this is Santa 01. We’re ready for departure. | 塔台 这里是圣诞老人1号我们准备出发 |
[1:19:13] | Roger, Santa 01. Clear for take off. | 收到 圣诞老人1号 准备起飞 |
[1:19:14] | Operation Christmas Drop up and away. | 圣诞空投行动准备起飞 |
[1:19:38] | Sure is beautiful, huh? | 很漂亮对吗 |
[1:19:41] | I know what you mean. | 我懂你的意思 |
[1:19:45] | Shouldn’t you be keeping your eyes on the road, Captain? | 你的眼睛不是应该看着路线吗 上尉 |
[1:19:48] | Sorry, momentarily distracted. | 抱歉 一时兴起 |
[1:19:53] | Aah. Can’t deliver presents without the right music. | 送礼物需要合适的音乐 |
[1:20:02] | ♪ Joy, joy to the world ♪ | ♪ 欢乐 给世界带来欢乐 ♪ |
[1:20:05] | ♪ Joy to the world ♪ | ♪ 给世界带来欢乐 ♪ |
[1:20:06] | ♪ Joy, joy to the world ♪ | ♪ 欢乐 给世界带来欢乐 ♪ |
[1:20:10] | ♪ Joy to the world, yeah ♪ | ♪ 给世界带来欢乐 ♪ |
[1:20:11] | ♪ Joy to the world, the time has come… ♪ | ♪ 给世界带来欢乐 机会到来 ♪ |
[1:20:20] | All right, crew, we’re coming up on the first drop. | 好了 大家 首次空投即将开始 |
[1:20:22] | Ready, Cargo? | 准备 货物准备好了吗 |
[1:20:23] | You bet. Cargo’s ready, Captain. | 真的吗 货物准备好了 上尉 |
[1:20:25] | Roger that. Three minutes out. | 收到 三分钟投放 |
[1:20:30] | Erica, why don’t you go back to watch? | 艾瑞卡 你为什么不到后面去看呢 |
[1:20:32] | Sunshine will hook you up. | 阳光很吸引人 |
[1:20:35] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[1:20:38] | Sure. Yeah! | 当然 耶 |
[1:20:41] | ♪ Joy to the world yeah ♪ | ♪ 给世界带来欢乐 ♪ |
[1:20:43] | ♪ Joy to the world ♪ | ♪ 给世界带来欢乐 ♪ |
[1:20:51] | Put it on like a vest. | 像穿马甲一样穿上它 |
[1:21:00] | All right, we’re all buckled up back here, Cap. | 好的 我们都系好安全带了 队长 |
[1:21:02] | Copy that, Cargo. | 收到 货物 |
[1:21:04] | – Hold on to this. – Okay. | -抓紧这个 -好的 |
[1:21:07] | Door’s clear to open. | 门即将打开 |
[1:21:25] | One minute out. | 一分钟后 |
[1:21:26] | Acknowledge, Computer drop switch. | 收到 切换电脑投放控制 |
[1:21:33] | Set auto. | 设置自动 |
[1:21:34] | Auto set. | 自动已设置 |
[1:21:39] | – Thirty sec out. – Copy. | -三十秒后投放 -收到 |
[1:21:46] | Green light. | 投放 |
[1:22:15] | Yeah! Mmm! | 耶 |
[1:22:22] | Yeah! Whoo! | 耶 |
[1:22:37] | Yeah! Whoo! | 耶 |
[1:22:39] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[1:22:57] | Whoo-hoo! Nice one, Erica! | 漂亮 艾瑞卡 |
[1:23:12] | Cool! Toys! And books! | 酷 玩具 和书 |
[1:23:18] | Uncle, look at all this stuff! | 叔叔 看看这些东西 |
[1:23:20] | Look what Santa brought! | 看看圣诞老人带来了什么 |
[1:23:24] | Bye! Bye! | 再见 再见 |
[1:23:38] | Yeah! | 耶 |
[1:23:45] | Is everthing ok | 投放还顺利吗 |
[1:23:47] | Better than okay! | 比那还要好 |
[1:23:49] | This is what Christmas is supposed to feel like. | 这才是圣诞节该有的感觉 |
[1:23:51] | Yeah, it is. | 是的 |
[1:24:05] | All right! Yeah! | 太好了 耶 |
[1:24:08] | – We did it! – Yeah, we did! | -我们做到了 -是的我们做到了 |
[1:24:10] | We did that! | 我们做到了 |
[1:24:11] | The other planes are reporting 100% successful drops too! | 其他飞机也报告了空投百分之百成功 |
[1:24:16] | – So good. – Way to go. Way to go. | -太好了 -这边走 这边走 |
[1:24:20] | Thank you, Lieutenant Colonel Blaine. | 谢谢你 空军中校布莱恩 |
[1:24:23] | That was… spectacular. | 那实在是太 壮观了 |
[1:24:28] | And very moving. | 而且非常感人 |
[1:24:30] | Well, you are more than welcome, congresswoman. | 好的 非常欢迎您 国会女议员 |
[1:24:33] | Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with | 一旦你们沟通过之后有什么需要我帮忙 |
[1:24:35] | once you guys have had your talk. | 请一定要告诉我 |
[1:24:47] | The base could cut waste | 这个基地可以减少浪费 |
[1:24:49] | and maximize efficiencies | 并最大限度提高效率 |
[1:24:50] | by privatizing housing and base support functions, | 通过住房私有化和基地支持 |
[1:24:53] | like the gym, dining hall, | 类似健身房 餐厅 |
[1:24:56] | postal support, all contracted out to reduce the overhead. | 邮政 全部外包以减少开销 |
[1:25:00] | I’ll have to see the numbers. | 我得看看数据 |
[1:25:01] | Yeah. Sally is working with Matt on getting them for you | 是的 您去新加坡的时候萨莉和马特 |
[1:25:03] | by the time you hit Singapore. | 正在为您整理这些数据 |
[1:25:05] | I don’t know if it’s gonna be enough. | 我不知道这些够不够 |
[1:25:07] | Ma’am, my task here was | 夫人 我在这儿的任务是 |
[1:25:10] | to find the inefficiencies. | 找到效率低下的原因 |
[1:25:12] | The problem is there just aren’t enough | 问题是仅仅 |
[1:25:14] | to justify shutting down this base. | 关闭这个基地是不够的 |
[1:25:18] | These men and women are working diligently | 这些男男女女 |
[1:25:21] | at stretching every cent they have. | 尽其所能的勤奋工作 |
[1:25:24] | Okay? Operation Christmas Drop is just one example of that. | 好吧 圣诞投放行动就是一个实例 |
[1:25:27] | Lieutenant Colonel Blaine | 空军中校布莱恩 |
[1:25:29] | walked me through the donations, the training, volunteer time. | 带我去看了捐款 训练 志愿时间 |
[1:25:32] | The Joint Chiefs call this island | 参谋长联席会议称这个岛 |
[1:25:34] | an unsinkable aircraft carrier. | 是永不沉没的航空母舰。 |
[1:25:36] | Couple that with the training and the work | 再加上训练和工作 |
[1:25:38] | with the outlying communities, | 远离了中心区域 |
[1:25:39] | you have a very compelling argument | 你有足够的理由 |
[1:25:41] | to take this base off of the list. | 把这个基地从名单上剔除 |
[1:25:47] | Did you see… | 你看见了吗 |
[1:25:49] | the look on the faces of the islanders | 当我们的飞机进入后 |
[1:25:51] | when they saw our planes coming in? | 岛民脸上的表情 |
[1:25:53] | I did, ma’am. | 我看见了 夫人 |
[1:25:55] | I haven’t seen that kind of joy in a very long time. | 我已经很久没有见到那种快乐了 |
[1:25:59] | To see our military making | 看到我们的军队 |
[1:26:01] | that kind of difference in people’s lives, | 为人民制造了如此不同的生活 |
[1:26:05] | that was what Christmas should look like. | 那才是圣诞节该有的样子 |
[1:26:08] | You know, I couldn’t agree more. | 您知道 我和您想的一样 |
[1:26:10] | You’re very good at what you do. | 你做的很好 |
[1:26:13] | And I’m so glad you’re working with me. | 我非常开心你能和我一起工作 |
[1:26:17] | See you back in DC. | 华盛顿特区见 |
[1:26:18] | There is an empty desk there | 那里有一张空位 |
[1:26:20] | waiting for someone like you to fill it. | 等着像你这样的人来坐 |
[1:26:23] | It would be my honor, ma’am. | 那是我的荣幸 夫人 |
[1:26:27] | And thank you… for reminding me | 并且谢谢你 提醒我 |
[1:26:29] | why I got into this in the first place. | 我的初衷 |
[1:26:35] | Merry Christmas, Erica. | 圣诞快乐 艾瑞卡 |
[1:26:37] | Merry Christmas, Angela. | 圣诞快乐 安其拉 |
[1:27:01] | So, was that a “you’re fired” hug? Eh… | 所以 那是”你被炒了”拥抱吗 |
[1:27:04] | No. | 没有 |
[1:27:07] | I just wanna thank you… | 我只是想谢谢你 |
[1:27:10] | for getting me involved in everything around here. | 让我参与了这周围的一切 |
[1:27:15] | Helping play Santa got my Christmas spirit back. | 扮演圣诞老人让我找回了我的圣诞精神 |
[1:27:20] | Somethin’ told me you had it all along. | 我知道你一直都有 |
[1:27:30] | So… | 所以 |
[1:27:32] | Christmas Eve on the other side of the world. | 在世界另一面的平安夜 |
[1:27:35] | Yeah. It’s not home, | 是的 不在家里 |
[1:27:37] | but we try to make it feel that way. | 但是我们尝试有家的感觉 |
[1:27:39] | It’s not really home though, not without family. | 但是这不是真正的家 没有家人陪伴 |
[1:27:43] | Yeah, well, my family is 8,000 miles away, | 是的 好吧 我的家人在8000英里以外 |
[1:27:46] | so… | 所以 |
[1:27:47] | Actually, they’re only about 80 yards away. | 事实上 他们仅仅离这里80码 |
[1:27:50] | They flew in this afternoon. | 他们今天下午飞过来了 |
[1:27:52] | They’re getting ready for Christmas dinner | 他们正在将军家 |
[1:27:54] | at the general’s house. | 准备圣诞晚餐 |
[1:27:58] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[1:27:59] | You’re not the only one that can cut through red tape. | 看淡繁文缛节的人不止你一个 |
[1:28:04] | Thank you for having us. This is really great. | 谢谢您邀请我们 这真是太棒了 |
[1:28:08] | Uh… What? | 什么 |
[1:28:11] | That– that must’ve cost a fortune. | 那 那一定花了很多钱 |
[1:28:13] | Didn’t cost a cent. | 没花钱 |
[1:28:16] | There was a TV news crew already flying in to cover the Drop. | 这里有一个电视新闻组准备来报道空投 |
[1:28:19] | A news reporter owed me a favor. | 一个新人记者欠我人情 |
[1:28:20] | There was some space on the plane, and I guess I was… | 飞机上有空余的位置 所以我想我 |
[1:28:24] | feeling inspired. | 想到这个主意 |
[1:28:26] | Someone once made me see that, sometimes in life, | 有个人曾经让我明白生活中有些时候 |
[1:28:28] | you just have to find the right angle. | 只要找到正确的方向就可以 |
[1:28:35] | You’re incredible! | 你太不可思议了 |
[1:28:40] | What about your family? | 你的家人呢 |
[1:28:42] | ♪ I heard the bells… ♪ | ♪ 我听见了铃声 ♪ |
[1:28:43] | I just talked to my dad and my stepmom. | 我刚告诉了我爸爸和继母 |
[1:28:46] | I’m gonna see them for a week at New Year’s. | 我新年的时候休息一周去看他们 |
[1:28:49] | A whole week? | 一整个星期吗 |
[1:28:50] | – Yeah. – That’s awesome! | -是的 -那太棒了 |
[1:28:51] | Yeah. I have to give my stepmom a chance. | 是的 我应该给我继母一个机会 |
[1:28:54] | ♪ And wild and sweet the words… ♪ | ♪ 和那狂野且甜美的话语 ♪ |
[1:28:59] | Can you spend Christmas with my family this year? | 你今年愿意和我的家人一起过圣诞吗 |
[1:29:01] | ♪ Peace on Earth… ♪ | ♪ 地球和平 ♪ |
[1:29:02] | A tropical Christmas. | 一个热带的圣诞节 |
[1:29:03] | – Maybe we’ll throw snorkeling in. – Andrew. | -也许我们可以去潜泳 -安德鲁 |
[1:29:04] | You don’t have to talk me into anything. | 你不必和我说这些 |
[1:29:12] | ♪ Till ringing, singing on its way ♪ | ♪ 直到铃声响起 在路上歌唱 ♪ |
[1:29:18] | ♪ The world revolved from night to day ♪ | ♪ 世界从黑夜到白昼 ♪ |
[1:29:25] | ♪ A voice, a chime ♪ | ♪ 一个声音 一道钟声♪ |
[1:29:27] | ♪ A chant sublime ♪ | ♪ 神圣的圣歌 ♪ |
[1:29:31] | ♪ Of peace on Earth ♪ | ♪ 地球上的和平 ♪ |
[1:29:33] | ♪ Goodwill to men ♪ | ♪ 对人亲善 ♪ |
[1:29:38] | 圣诞空投行动 是美国国防部史上最长的人道主义空投行动 | |
[1:29:42] | 自1952年以来美国空军每年向 密克罗西尼亚岛岛民空投足以改变生活的物资 | |
[1:29:58] | 布鲁特贝斯特兄弟自愿担任联络员 负责该岛与关岛之间唯一的联络超过40年 | |
[1:30:01] | ♪ And in despair ♪ | ♪ 绝望中 ♪ |
[1:30:04] | ♪ I bowed my head ♪ | ♪ 我低下头 ♪ |
[1:30:07] | ♪ “There is no peace on Earth,” I said ♪ | ♪ 地球上没有和平 我说道 ♪ |
[1:30:13] | ♪ For hate is strong ♪ | ♪ 因为仇恨是那么强烈 ♪ |
[1:30:16] | ♪ And mocks the song ♪ | ♪ 嘲笑着这歌 ♪ |
[1:30:19] | ♪ Of peace on Earth ♪ | ♪ 地球和平 ♪ |
[1:30:22] | ♪ Goodwill to men ♪ | ♪ 对人亲善 ♪ |
[1:30:31] | ♪ Then pealed the bells ♪ | ♪ 钟声响起♪ |
[1:30:34] | ♪ More loud and deep ♪ | ♪ 更急响亮深沉♪ |
[1:30:37] | ♪ Oh, God’s not dead and not asleep ♪ | ♪ 上帝还在 ♪ |
[1:30:44] | ♪ The wrong shall fail ♪ | ♪ 恶意终将失败 ♪ |
[1:30:46] | ♪ The right prevail ♪ | ♪ 善意胜出 ♪ |
[1:30:50] | ♪ With peace on Earth ♪ | ♪ 带着世界的和平 ♪ |
[1:30:52] | ♪ Goodwill to men ♪ | ♪ 对人亲善 ♪ |
[1:30:56] | ♪ Peace on Earth ♪ | ♪ 世界和平 ♪ |
[1:30:58] | ♪ Goodwill to men ♪ | ♪ 对人亲善 ♪ |
[1:31:02] | ♪ Oh, peace on Earth ♪ | ♪ 世界和平 ♪ |
[1:31:04] | ♪ Goodwill to men ♪ | ♪ 对人亲善 ♪ |
[1:31:08] | ♪ Peace on Earth ♪ | ♪ 世界和平 ♪ |
[1:31:11] | ♪ Goodwill to men ♪ | ♪ 对人亲善 ♪ |