时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | People disappear all the time. | 人们一直都在消失 |
[00:13] | Young girls run away from home. | 年轻的女子离家出走 |
[00:16] | Children stray from their parents | 小孩与父母走散 |
[00:18] | and are never seen again. | 从此杳无音信 |
[00:20] | Housewives take the grocery money, | 家庭主妇拿上买日用品的钱 |
[00:22] | and a taxi to the train station. | 搭辆出租车便去了火车站 |
[00:26] | Most are found eventually. | 大部分人最终都会被找到 |
[00:29] | Disappearances, after all, have explanations. | 毕竟人不会莫名其妙地就消失 |
[00:33] | Usually. | 通常如此 |
[00:40] | Strange, the things you remember. | 消失后记忆中的东西会变得陌生 |
[00:43] | Single images and feelings | 随着时间的流逝 |
[00:44] | that stay with you down through the years. | 脑海中会只剩下单一的印象和感觉 |
[00:48] | Like the moment I realized | 比如那一瞬间我突然意识到 |
[00:50] | I’d never owned a vase. | 自己从未拥有过一个花瓶 |
[00:52] | That I’d never lived any place long enough | 我从未在一个地方久住 |
[00:55] | to justify having such a simple thing. | 所以连一个花瓶都不必拥有 |
[00:59] | And how at that moment, | 那一瞬间 |
[01:02] | I wanted nothing so much in all the world | 世界上的其它东西我什么都不想要 |
[01:04] | as to have a vase of my very own. | 我就只想要一个属于自己的花瓶 |
[01:10] | It was a Tuesday afternoon. | 那是一个周二的下午 |
[01:12] | Six months after the end of the war. | 战争结束后六个月 |
[01:23] | Oh, God! Oh, God! | 天哪 天哪 |
[01:25] | Hold him! Hold him right now! You hear me? | 按住他 快按住他 听见了吗 |
[01:27] | Jesus! | 天哪 |
[01:33] | Here, quickly! | 这里 快点 |
[01:37] | Doctor, doctor! | 医生 医生 |
[01:39] | I’ll have to clamp the femoral artery before he bleeds out. | 我得先在他失血过多前钳住他的股动脉 |
[01:43] | It’s all right, Jackie boy. You’re going home, mate. | 好了 杰克 马上就回家了 兄弟 |
[01:45] | Oh, my God! | 天哪 |
[01:51] | – Oh, Jesus. – Move! | -上帝啊 -闪开 |
[01:59] | We’ve got him now, nurse. | 交给我们吧 护士 |
[02:04] | Scalpel. | 给我手术刀 |
[02:27] | Claire! Did you hear? It’s over! | 克莱尔 你听说了吗 结束了 |
[02:29] | It’s really finally over! | 战争真的终于结束了 |
[03:06] | Somehow in my mind, V.E. Day, | 在我的脑海中 德国投降日 |
[03:10] | the end of the bloodiest | 人类历史上最血腥 |
[03:11] | and most terrible war in human history, | 最惨绝人寰的战争结束的日子 |
[03:14] | grows fainter with each passing day. | 随着时间的流逝越来越模糊 |
[03:19] | But I can still recall every detail of the day | 但是我仍然记得那天我看到 |
[03:22] | when I saw the life I wanted sitting in a window. | 我想要的生活就在橱窗里时的一切细节 |
[03:26] | I sometimes wonder what would’ve happened | 有时我会想 要是当时我买下那个花瓶 |
[03:28] | if I’d bought that vase and made a home for it. | 给它一个家 会是什么样子 |
[03:31] | Would that have changed things? | 那样会改变什么吗 |
[03:35] | Would I have been happy? Who can say? | 那样我会幸福吗 这可说不准 |
[03:38] | I do know this: even now, after all the pain | 但我知道 即使现在经历了 |
[03:42] | and death and heartbreak that followed, | 所有的痛苦死亡和心碎之后 |
[03:45] | I still would make the same choice. | 我仍然会做出同样的选择 |
[05:31] | We were in Scotland on our second honeymoon. | 当时我们在苏格兰第二次度蜜月 |
[05:35] | Or at least that’s what Frank called it. | 至少弗兰克是这么叫的 |
[05:37] | A way to celebrate the end of the war years | 我们度蜜月来庆祝持续多年的战争结束 |
[05:40] | and begin our lives anew. | 并且开始我们的新生活 |
[05:45] | But it was more than that. | 但实际上不止如此 |
[05:47] | I think we both felt | 我们应该都觉得 |
[05:49] | a holiday would be a convenient masquerade | 一起度假其实是一个便利快捷的方式 |
[05:51] | for the real business of getting to know | 可以让我们重新了解 |
[05:53] | the people we’d become after five years apart. | 分离五年后的彼此 |
[06:02] | – What do you suppose that is? – Huh? | -你觉得那是什么 -什么 |
[06:04] | Oh, good lord. It’s blood. | 天哪 那是血迹 |
[06:06] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[06:08] | Think I should know the look of blood by now. | 我觉得我到现在应该知道血是什么样子了 |
[06:11] | There’s a stain just like it on the house next door. | 隔壁门上也有同样的血迹 |
[06:15] | There’s two more over there. | 那边还有两处 |
[06:22] | We seem to be surrounded by homes marked with blood. | 我们周围好像全是血迹标注的房子 |
[06:25] | Perhaps Pharaoh has refused Moses, | 可能法老拒绝了摩西 |
[06:27] | and the spirit of death | 然后每到夜晚 |
[06:29] | will travel the streets of Inverness tonight, | 亡灵就会在因弗内斯的街上游荡 |
[06:31] | sparing only those who mark their doors with lamb’s blood. | 只有门上涂以羔羊之血的人家才会得以幸免 |
[06:33] | Well, you may be closer than you think. | 可能就是这么回事 |
[06:36] | Could well be some sort of sacrificial ritual, | 可能真的是某种祭祀仪式 |
[06:38] | but I suspect pagan rather than Hebrew. | 但我怀疑是异教徒弄的 不是希伯来人 |
[06:41] | I had no idea Inverness | 我不知道因弗内斯 |
[06:42] | was such a hotbed of contemporary paganism. | 还有这么多当代的异教徒呢 |
[06:44] | Oh, my dear, there’s no place on earth | 亲爱的 世界上没有哪里 |
[06:46] | with more magic and superstition | 比苏格兰群岛上有更多的 |
[06:48] | mixed into its daily life than the Scottish Islands. | 魔法和迷信跟人们的日常生活交织在一起了 |
[06:51] | Hm. Shall we? | 进去吗 |
[06:53] | Lead on. | 你先请 |
[07:06] | The blood you saw is that of a Black Cockerel. | 你看到的血是黑公鸡血 |
[07:09] | It’s an old custom at this time of year | 这是一个古老的习俗 每年这个时候 |
[07:11] | to make such a sacrifice to honor Saint Odhran. | 都要以黑公鸡血祭祀圣奥德兰 |
[07:13] | Ah, Odhran. | 奥德兰啊 |
[07:15] | He was sainted in the– the eighth century? | 他是… 八世纪时被封为圣人的对吧 |
[07:18] | You know your history. | 你很通晓历史 |
[07:20] | I’m afraid my husband is a historian, Mrs. Baird. | 我丈夫是历史学家 贝尔德太太 |
[07:23] | He’d quite happily stand here holding forth for hours | 如果你鼓励他 他肯定会很乐意跟你在这里 |
[07:25] | – if you encourage him. – Hardly. | -滔滔不绝说上几个小时 -哪有 |
[07:28] | Highland folklore is far from my speciality, | 高地民俗故事不是我的专长 |
[07:31] | but am I right in thinking there’s– | 但我在想… |
[07:33] | isn’t there an old saying associated with Saint Odhran? | 是不是有句跟圣奥德兰有关的古话来着 |
[07:39] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:40] | “The earth went over Odhran’s eyes.” | “大地覆于奥德兰之眼上” |
[07:42] | He, um–he was buried alive, voluntarily. | 他 他自愿被活埋了 |
[07:46] | Charming. | 真厉害 |
[07:48] | Are you a professor, then, Mr. Randall? | 你是教授吗 兰德尔先生 |
[07:50] | I will be soon. | 马上就是了 |
[07:52] | He’s accepted a post at Oxford beginning in two weeks. | 他接受了牛津的邀请 两周后就去担任教授 |
[07:55] | Ah, then this is a last holiday | 那这是你稳定下来 |
[07:57] | before settling down to workaday life again, is it? | 工作之前的最后一次度假了对不对 |
[08:00] | Well, you’ve picked a bonnie time to be here. | 你们来得真是时候 |
[08:02] | Just nigh on Samhain. | 刚好快到夏末节了 |
[08:03] | I take it that’s Gaelic for “Halloween”? | 这是盖尔语里的万圣节对吗 |
[08:06] | Well, Halloween is derived from Samhain. | 万圣节源于夏末节 |
[08:10] | The church often took pagan holidays, | 教会经常拿异教徒的节日 |
[08:11] | renamed them for their own purposes. | 自己重新命名后收为己用 |
[08:14] | Samhain became Halloween, | 夏末节成了万圣节 |
[08:16] | Yule became Christmas, so on. | 耶诞节成了圣诞节 还有很多 |
[08:19] | Well, you’re both welcome at the festival, of course. | 当然 我们欢迎你们两位一起庆祝节日 |
[08:21] | Mind you, ghosts are freed on the feast days. | 提醒一下 节日之时鬼魂会出现 |
[08:25] | They’ll be wandering about, | 它们会到处游荡 |
[08:26] | free to do good or ill as they please. | 随心所欲地做好事或者坏事 |
[08:29] | Of course, what would Halloween, Samhain, | 当然了 没有个精彩的鬼故事 |
[08:32] | be without a good ghost story? | 万圣节 夏末节都还有什意思 |
[08:34] | Oh, and we have those, for sure. | 我们当然有很多精彩的鬼故事 |
[08:36] | I’ll show you to your room. | 我带你们去房间 |
[08:44] | Before the war we were inseparable. | 战前我们形影不离 |
[08:48] | But for the next five years, | 但是之后的五年 |
[08:49] | we saw each other a grand total of ten days. | 我们总共也就在一起了十天 |
[08:52] | It’s not without its charms. | 还是不错的 |
[08:55] | Beats an army tent and a cot in the mud. | 比军用帐篷和泥里的帆布床好多了 |
[08:58] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[09:06] | When the war ended, we both thought things would return | 战争结束后 我们都以为一切会 |
[09:09] | to the way they once were, but they hadn’t. | 回到原来的样子 但是没有 |
[09:18] | Gosh. | 天哪 |
[09:20] | So much for marital privacy. | 夫妻隐私算是没了 |
[09:22] | Do you think the sound carries? | 你觉得声音会传出去吗 |
[09:25] | I think it’s fair to say Mrs. Baird will be kept | 我觉得贝尔德太太肯定会 |
[09:28] | appraised of any renewed attempt to start a family. | 赞扬任何生儿育女的尝试 |
[09:38] | – Lazybones. – Hmm? | -大懒虫 -怎么了 |
[09:41] | You’ll never manage the next branch in your family tree | 如果你不努力点 你们家到你这里 |
[09:43] | if you don’t show more industry than that. | 可就要后继无人了 |
[09:45] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[09:50] | What are you doing? | 你干什么呢 |
[09:52] | Come on. | 一起来 |
[09:54] | Mrs. Randall, what am I to do with you? | 兰德尔太太 我该拿你怎么办啊 |
[09:58] | Right. | 好吧 |
[10:02] | What are you doing? | 你想干什么 |
[10:03] | You’re gonna break the bed. | 这样会把床弄坏的 |
[10:18] | You know, one of those things I used to try and remember, | 以前我躺在自己的帆布床上 |
[10:23] | lying in my cot was the sound of my husband’s laugh. | 努力想记起的就是我丈夫的笑声 |
[10:27] | I couldn’t conjure it no matter what I did. | 可无论如何我都想不起来 |
[10:30] | Couldn’t hear it, even though I’d heard it | 即使我之前听过无数次 |
[10:33] | a million times before. | 我都回忆不起来 |
[10:39] | It’s the strangest thing. | 真是奇怪 |
[10:41] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:45] | I used to, um… | 我曾经… |
[10:48] | I used to sketch this. | 曾经速写这个 |
[10:50] | – My hand? – Mm-hmm. | -我的手吗 -对 |
[10:51] | Well, the lines, really. | 其实是你手的纹路 |
[10:55] | Why, exactly, I’m not sure, | 我也不知道为什么 |
[10:56] | but I had a very clear memory of this–this pattern. | 但是我对你手相的记忆尤为清晰 |
[11:00] | Made little doodles everywhere. | 我到处乱涂乱画 |
[11:04] | There was, um… | 有次因为 |
[11:06] | a Brigadier once dressed me down because I drew it | 我画在了给部长报告的空白处 |
[11:08] | in the margin of a report for the Minister. | 有个准将还训斥了我 |
[11:13] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[11:29] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[12:18] | Happy? | 开心吗 |
[12:19] | Yes. | 开心 |
[12:23] | Frank’s passion for history | 弗兰克对历史的热爱 |
[12:25] | was another reason for choosing the Highlands. | 也是我们选择高地的另一个原因 |
[12:28] | You see up there? | 看到上面了吗 |
[12:29] | Up on top there, that’s Cocknammon Rock. | 那边顶上 有块科克南蒙石 |
[12:32] | And in the 17th and 18th centuries, | 在十七十八世纪 |
[12:34] | you would have often found British army patrol up there | 经常会有英军在上面巡逻 |
[12:37] | lying in wait for Scottish rebels and brigands. | 伏击苏格兰叛军和土匪强盗 |
[12:40] | Can you see how it commands the high ground | 在上面可以从各个方向 |
[12:42] | in every direction? | 发号施令 |
[12:43] | It was a perfect position for an ambush. | 那里是个伏击的绝佳地点 |
[12:46] | Not that I minded. | 我真的不关心 |
[12:48] | I was raised by my uncle after the death of my parents. | 父母死后我是由叔叔抚养长大的 |
[12:58] | – Uncle Lamb was an archaeologist. – Ah, yes. | -莱姆叔叔是位考古学家 -对 |
[13:00] | So I’d spent the balance of my formative years | 所以我从小到大都是在尘土飞扬的废墟里 |
[13:03] | traipsing through dusty ruins, | 在世界各地 |
[13:05] | and various excavations throughout the world. | 挖东挖西度过的 |
[13:08] | I had learned to dig latrines and boil water, | 我学会了挖厕所 烧水 |
[13:10] | and do a number of other things | 学会了做各种各样 |
[13:12] | not suitable for a young lady of gentle birth. | 一个出身高贵的少女不适合做的事 |
[13:14] | Uncle. | 叔叔 |
[13:15] | Oh, yes. Very thoughtful. | 好 真周到 |
[13:38] | Frank’s newfound passion was genealogy. | 弗兰克开始对系谱学产生热情 |
[13:41] | His personal genealogy, that is. | 当然是对他自己家族的系谱 |
[13:45] | Mine was botany. | 而我是对植物学 |
[13:46] | I’d developed a keen interest | 我对有药用价值的 |
[13:48] | in the use of plants and herbs for medicinal purposes. | 植物和药草产生了浓厚的兴趣 |
[13:54] | So from what I can gather, | 根据目前掌握的资料 |
[13:56] | Castle Leoch was the ancestral home | 直到十九世纪中期 |
[13:59] | of the Laird of the Mackenzie clan | 里奥克城堡一直是 |
[14:01] | until midway through the nineteenth century. | 麦肯齐家族领主世代居住的地方 |
[14:04] | Here, take a look. | 我们一起看看 |
[14:22] | In a way, burying himself in the distant past | 某种程度上说 埋头于遥远的过去 |
[14:25] | gave Frank an ability to escape the recent. | 让弗兰克可以逃避现实 |
[14:29] | While I was in the army, | 当我在军队时 |
[14:30] | Frank had served in London in intelligence, | 弗兰克在伦敦替情报部门效力 |
[14:33] | overseeing spies and running covert operations. | 监视间谍 组织隐秘活动 |
[14:37] | See, I think this might’ve been the kitchen. | 我觉得这里可能是厨房 |
[14:39] | – Really? – Mm. | -是吗 -对 |
[14:41] | I would say that’s probably a hearth. | 那个可能是灶台 |
[14:52] | Strange. | 奇怪 |
[14:54] | I have no evidence that my ancestor visited this castle, | 我手里没证据证明我祖先来过这座城堡 |
[14:58] | but it was within his operational sphere, so… | 但这里在他的管辖范围内 所以 |
[15:02] | it’s just possible that he walked these very halls. | 可能他也到过这些走廊 |
[15:09] | He’d sent dozens of men behind the lines on secret missions. | 他派出过许多人深入敌后执行秘密任务 |
[15:13] | and most never came back. | 大都有去无回 |
[15:16] | He didn’t talk about it very often, | 他不经常提起 |
[15:19] | but I knew it preyed on him. | 但我知道这也影响了他 |
[15:56] | It won’t open. | 打不开 |
[15:58] | Oh, come on. | 我帮你 |
[16:01] | Three, two, one. | 三 二 一 |
[16:38] | What do you think this was used for? | 你觉得这地方是做什么的 |
[16:40] | From the lack of proper lighting and ventilation, | 没有日光照射 通风系统 |
[16:42] | I would say… | 我觉得… |
[16:45] | province of the Castle hermit? | 城堡里隐士的住处吗 |
[16:48] | Perhaps a troll or two. | 可能是一只或两只巨怪 |
[16:52] | I don’t think trolls live in pairs. | 我觉得巨怪不会群居 |
[16:56] | Solitary creatures, they. | 它们可是独居的生物 |
[17:00] | More’s the pity. | 真可惜 |
[17:03] | All this… | 这么多东西 |
[17:05] | and no one to share it with. | 却无人分享 |
[17:12] | You’ll get dirty. | 你会弄脏的 |
[17:15] | You can give me a bath. | 你可以帮我洗澡 |
[17:36] | Well, Mrs. Randall, | 好吧 兰德尔太太 |
[17:38] | I do believe you’ve left your undergarments at home. | 我相信你是把内衣忘在家了 |
[18:19] | Yes. | 没错 |
[18:20] | Yes, yes, yes, I found her. | 没错 我找到她了 |
[18:22] | Oh, indeed. Let’s have a look. | 是吗 我们看看 |
[18:25] | “Him”? | “他”吧 |
[18:25] | – Is it– is it Walter? – No, Darling, Jonathan. | -是沃尔特吗 -不 亲爱的 是乔纳森 |
[18:28] | Jonathan Wolverton Randall. Finally. | 乔纳森·沃弗顿·兰德尔 终于找到了 |
[18:31] | Captain of Dragoons in the British Army | 英国陆军骑兵团队长 |
[18:34] | – and your direct ancestor. – Exactly. | -也是你的直系祖先 -没错 |
[18:38] | Otherwise known as “Black Jack,” a rather dashing nickname | 也叫”黑杰克” 这个响亮的外号 |
[18:41] | that he probably acquired while he was stationed here | 或许是他18世纪40年代在这驻扎时 |
[18:43] | in the 1740s. | 得到的 |
[18:44] | The Reverend has found a series of army dispatches | 牧师大人找到了一系列 |
[18:46] | that mention the captain by name. | 提到队长名字的军队急件 |
[18:48] | – Oh, how exciting. – Mm. It is. | -真令人激动 -是的 |
[18:50] | Good to see all your sleuthing over the past week has paid off. | 真高兴你们过去一周的侦查有回报了 |
[18:54] | Yes, I was beginning to wonder. | 是啊 我都开始灰心了 |
[18:55] | It appears Black Jack commanded the garrison at Fort William | 看起来”黑杰克”在威廉堡要塞驻扎了 |
[18:58] | for four years or so. | 大约四年 |
[19:00] | Seems to have spent quite a bit of his time | 似乎大多是时间都在 |
[19:01] | harassing the Scottish countryside | 奉英国国王之命 |
[19:03] | on behalf of the crown. | 骚扰苏格兰乡村 |
[19:05] | Well, he was hardly alone in that endeavor. | 不光是他一个人这样做 |
[19:07] | The English were deeply unpopular | 在18世纪期间 |
[19:08] | throughout the Highlands in the 18th century. | 英国人在高地这块可不怎么受欢迎 |
[19:10] | Well into the 20th, it would seem. | 20世纪了也差不多吧 |
[19:12] | I distinctly heard the barman in the pub last night | 我昨晚在酒吧清楚听到酒保 |
[19:15] | refer to us as “Sassenachs.” | 说我们是”英国佬”[盖尔语 贬义] |
[19:18] | Well, I hope you didn’t take offense. | 希望你们不要介意 |
[19:20] | It only means “Englishman,” after all. | 那只是”英国人”的意思罢了 |
[19:22] | Or at worst, “outlander.” | 最坏也就是”外国人” |
[19:27] | I’ve brought you a wee bit of refreshment, gentlemen. | 我给各位拿了点茶点来 先生们 |
[19:29] | I brought but the two cups, | 我只拿了两个杯子 |
[19:31] | for I thought perhaps Mrs. Randall | 因为觉得兰德尔太太 |
[19:33] | might care to join me in the kitchen– | 或许想跟我去厨房喝茶… |
[19:35] | Yes. | 好啊 |
[19:36] | Yes, absolutely. Thank you. | 好啊 当然 谢谢 |
[19:41] | See you later. | 再见 |
[19:47] | This is… this person here… | 这个… 这个人… |
[19:50] | Ah, it’s been so long since I’ve had a good cup of Oolong. | 我已经很久没喝过一杯好乌龙茶了 |
[19:53] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[19:55] | I couldn’t get it during the war. | 战时太稀缺了 |
[19:59] | It’s best for the readings, though. | 不过这最适合用来占卜 |
[20:01] | Oh, I had a terrible time with that Earl Grey. | 伯爵红茶让我头疼 |
[20:03] | The leaves fall apart so fast it’s hard to tell anything at all. | 茶渣很快散开 根本看不出什么来 |
[20:11] | So you read tea leaves, then? | 你用茶叶占卜 是吗 |
[20:13] | Like my grandmother taught me. | 就像我祖母教我的 |
[20:16] | And her grandmother before that. | 也是她祖母教她的 |
[20:18] | Drink up your cup. Let’s see what we’ve got there. | 把这杯喝干净 我们看看你的 |
[20:34] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[20:35] | Am I going to meet a tall, dark stranger | 我会遇到一个高大黝黑的陌生人 |
[20:37] | and take a trip across the sea? | 带我横渡大海吗 |
[20:39] | Could be. | 有可能 |
[20:40] | Or could not. | 或者未必 |
[20:45] | Everything in it’s contradictory. | 凡事都是矛盾的 |
[20:48] | There’s a curved leaf, which indicates a journey, | 这里有片卷曲的叶子 代表一段旅程 |
[20:51] | but it’s crossed by a broken one, | 但却和一片断叶交叉 |
[20:53] | which means staying put. | 代表留在原地 |
[20:58] | And there are strangers there, to be sure. Several of them. | 肯定还有陌生人 好几个 |
[21:01] | And one of them’s your husband, if I read the leaves alright. | 而且如果我没解读错 其中一个是你丈夫 |
[21:07] | Show me your hand, dear. | 手给我看一下 亲爱的 |
[21:15] | Odd. | 奇怪 |
[21:17] | Most hands have a likeness to them. | 大部分的手掌都有相似之处 |
[21:19] | There are patterns, you know? | 都有一定的模式 |
[21:21] | But… | 但是… |
[21:23] | this is a pattern I’ve not seen before. | 我从未见过这样的手相 |
[21:30] | The large thumb, now, means that you’re strong-minded | 拇指很大 意味着你意志坚定 |
[21:34] | and you’ve a will not easily crossed. | 而且很不好惹 |
[21:38] | And this is your mount of Venus. | 这是你的金星丘 |
[21:42] | In a man, it means he likes the lasses. | 如果是男性 意味着风流 |
[21:44] | But ’tis a bit different for a woman. | 但是对女性来说有些不同 |
[21:47] | To be polite about it, | 委婉点说 |
[21:49] | your husband isn’t likely to stray far from your bed. | 你丈夫下不了你的床 |
[21:58] | The lifeline’s interrupted, | 生命线断断续续 |
[22:00] | all bits and pieces. | 支离破碎 |
[22:06] | The marriage line’s divided. | 婚姻线分开了 |
[22:08] | Means two marriages. | 意味着有两段婚姻 |
[22:11] | But… | 但是 |
[22:13] | most divided lines are broken. | 通常来说 分开的线是断开的 |
[22:19] | Yours is… | 你的是 |
[22:23] | forked. | 分叉的 |
[22:28] | I suspect your ancestor had a patron. | 我猜测你的祖先有一位庇护者 |
[22:32] | A prominent and powerful man who could protect him | 一位卓越而强大的人保护着他 |
[22:34] | from the censure of his superiors. | 免受上级的责难 |
[22:36] | Possibly, but it would have to have been someone very high up | 有可能 但那个人一定身居高层 |
[22:39] | in the hierarchy of the day to exert that kind of influence. | 才能施加这么大的影响力 |
[22:42] | The Duke of Sandringham. | 桑德林罕姆公爵 |
[22:45] | The Duke of Sandringham. | 桑德林罕姆公爵 |
[22:46] | Hold on, wasn’t Sandringham a suspected Jacobite himself? | 等等 公爵不是被怀疑为詹姆斯党人吗 |
[22:50] | Aye, you know, I believe you’re right. | 对 我相信你是对的 |
[22:53] | And the duke died under very suspicious circumstances | 而且公爵死时情况可疑 |
[22:55] | just before the battle of… | 恰好在大战之前… |
[22:56] | None of that, none of that. | 住手 住手 |
[22:58] | Stand away before you do some permanent damage. | 在你造成永久性损伤前闪开 |
[23:00] | We’re getting somewhere at last. | 我们终于有进展了 |
[23:01] | I’m really glad to hear it, | 我很高兴听到 |
[23:03] | but I think I shall take my leave. | 但我该走了 |
[23:06] | Oh, so soon? | 这么快啊 |
[23:07] | Yes, I, uh… feel a bath is in order. | 是的 我想沐浴 |
[23:10] | Aye, of course. | 当然了 |
[23:11] | Well, I hope you’ll join us for Samhain tomorrow night. | 希望你明晚能来参加夏末节 |
[23:14] | What, the pagan festival? | 那个异教徒节日吗 |
[23:16] | Reverend Wakefield, you do astonish me. | 韦克菲尔德牧师 你真令我吃惊 |
[23:18] | Well, I love a good ghost story as much as the next fellow. | 我跟其他人一样喜欢有趣的鬼故事 |
[23:22] | Right. | 好的 |
[23:23] | Take your time, darling. | 你不用急 亲爱的 |
[23:25] | But do try to get home before the storm breaks. | 但是尽量在暴风雨来临前回家 |
[23:27] | I will. | 我会的 |
[23:37] | I’d never put any stock in superstition. | 我从不迷信 |
[23:40] | And my Catholicism was nominal at best. | 对天主教的信仰也是点到为止 |
[23:44] | However, I couldn’t shake the feeling | 但是 我却觉得格雷厄姆太太的话 |
[23:46] | that Mrs. Graham’s words had the ring of prophecy. | 似乎是某种冥冥之中的预言 |
[23:51] | The war had taught me to cherish the present | 战争教会了我珍惜当下 |
[23:52] | because tomorrow might not ever come to pass. | 因为明天也许不会来临 |
[23:56] | What I didn’t know at the time | 但我当时不知道的是 |
[23:59] | was that tomorrow would prove less important than yesterday. | 明天其实只会越来越无足轻重 |
[24:09] | Jesus h. Roosevelt Christ. | 天杀的 |
[24:51] | Excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[24:53] | Can I help you with something? | 我能帮你什么吗 |
[25:19] | Frank, I was hoping to have the whole place lit up | 弗兰克 我正准备在你回家前 |
[25:22] | by the time you got back. | 在屋里点满蜡烛 |
[25:25] | Darling? | 亲爱的 |
[25:27] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[25:32] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[25:35] | You look like you’ve seen a ghost. | 你就好像见鬼了 |
[25:41] | I’m not at all sure that I haven’t. | 我可能真的见到了 |
[25:45] | When he pushed past me, he was close enough that | 他从我身边挤过时 因为离得很近 |
[25:47] | I should have felt him brush my sleeve as he passed, but I– | 我应该能感觉到他拂过我袖子 但是 |
[25:52] | I didn’t. | 我没有 |
[25:53] | And then I turned around to say something, and he’d gone. | 然后我回头想对他说话 他不见了 |
[25:57] | He just vanished. | 凭空消失了 |
[25:58] | That’s when I felt a chill down my spine. | 当时我的后脊背一阵发凉 |
[26:07] | Did you have many Scots in your charge during the war? | 你在战时护理过苏格兰人吗 |
[26:12] | Yes. Was quite a few. | 是的 不少呢 |
[26:16] | There was one in particular. | 其中有一个人很特别 |
[26:19] | He was a piper in the third Seaforths. | 他是塞弗斯第三步兵团的风笛手 |
[26:21] | He couldn’t stand being stuck with a needle. | 他承受不了针扎 |
[26:24] | Was… | 真是 |
[26:28] | Right. | 对 |
[26:37] | What is it, exactly, | 你到底 |
[26:38] | that you’re asking me, Frank ? | 想问我什么 弗兰克 |
[26:43] | When I saw that chap staring up at you, | 当我看到那家伙盯着你的样子时 |
[26:47] | I thought he might be someone you’d nursed. | 我觉得他可能是你护理过的某人 |
[26:50] | Someone who might be looking for you now. | 他可能正在找你 |
[26:53] | To reconnect. | 重续旧情 |
[26:59] | To “Reconnect?” | “重续旧情” |
[27:01] | It wouldn’t be unusual. | 这很正常 |
[27:04] | It wouldn’t be surprising if you’d– | 如果你曾寻求过慰藉 |
[27:06] | sought some comfort. | 我不会惊讶 |
[27:10] | Are you asking me– | 你是在问我 |
[27:13] | – if I’ve been unfaithful? – Claire… | -有没有出过轨吗 -克莱尔 |
[27:16] | Is that what you think of me, Frank ? | 我在你眼里就是这样的吗 弗兰克 |
[27:18] | No, darling, no. No. | 不 亲爱的 不 |
[27:21] | All I meant was that even if you had, | 我的意思是即使你出轨过 |
[27:24] | it would make no difference to me. | 对我来说也毫无差别 |
[27:25] | I love you, and nothing you could ever do | 我爱你 不论你做什么 |
[27:28] | could stop my loving you. | 都没法阻止我继续爱你 |
[27:36] | Forgive me. I… | 原谅我 我 |
[27:39] | Forgive me? | 原谅我 |
[27:44] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[28:15] | Sex was our bridge back to one another. | 性爱总能让我们尽释前嫌 |
[28:18] | The one place where we always met. | 我们一贯的交汇处 |
[28:21] | Whatever obstacles presented themselves | 无论白天或夜晚 |
[28:23] | during the day or night, | 我们有什么隔阂 |
[28:25] | we could seek out and find each other again in bed. | 在床上 我们又交合到一起 |
[28:29] | As long as we had that, | 只要我们还有性爱 |
[28:31] | I had faith that everything would work out. | 我相信一切都能解决 |
[28:55] | That reminds me, I, um… | 钟声让我想起 |
[28:56] | I want to set an alarm. | 我该设定个闹钟 |
[28:58] | Mm-mm, no. | 不要 |
[29:00] | I thought we weren’t setting alarms on this trip. | 不是说好旅行不设闹钟的吗 |
[29:07] | I want to see the witches. | 我想去看那些巫师 |
[29:09] | Must I ask? | 什么巫师 |
[29:11] | Apparently there’s a circle of standing stones | 村外的山顶上 |
[29:14] | on a hill just outside the village, | 有一圈竖立的石头 |
[29:16] | and there’s a local group who still observe rituals there. | 现在依然当地人在那举行仪式 |
[29:20] | Well, they’re not actually witches. | 其实他们不是巫师 |
[29:22] | This lot are meant to be Druids. | 而是德鲁伊 |
[29:24] | Sadly I don’t think they’ll be a coven of devil worshippers. | 不过我不认为那里会有魔鬼崇拜者的集会 |
[29:27] | Well, it’s a pity. | 确实很遗憾 |
[29:29] | Can’t imagine anything I’d rather do. | 我真是超级想去看 |
[29:32] | Liar. | 说谎 |
[29:34] | Where will we be watching this spectacle? | 我们去哪观看这奇观 |
[29:36] | A place called Craigh Na Dun. | 一个叫克雷尼顿的地方 |
[29:49] | So according to local folklore, | 根据当地传说 |
[29:52] | these stones were carried here from Africa | 这些石头是凯尔特族的巨人 |
[29:54] | by a race of Celtic giants. | 从非洲运来的 |
[29:56] | I wasn’t aware that the Celts made a lot of trips to Africa. | 我还真不知道凯尔特人去过非洲呢 |
[30:00] | Only the giant ones. | 只有巨人去了 |
[30:05] | Is that Inverness? | 那是因弗内斯吗 |
[30:07] | Yes, it must be. | 一定是 |
[30:11] | Someone’s coming. | 有人来了 |
[30:50] | Is that Mrs. Graham? | 那是格雷厄姆太太吗 |
[30:53] | I think it is. | 应该是 |
[30:55] | The reverend’s housekeeper’s a witch. | 牧师的女管家是名巫师 |
[30:58] | Not a witch. A Druid, remember? | 不是巫师 而是德鲁伊 记得吗 |
[31:22] | They should have been ridiculous. | 他们可能被人嘲笑 |
[31:25] | And perhaps they were. | 也许他们的确如此 |
[31:26] | Parading in circles on top of a hill. | 在山顶上排成环形 |
[31:30] | But the hairs on the back of my neck | 但我一见那场景 |
[31:32] | prickled at the sight. | 脖子上的汗毛都竖起来了 |
[31:34] | And some small voice inside warned me, | 内心的一个小声音警告着我 |
[31:37] | I wasn’t supposed to be here. | 我不应该来这儿 |
[31:40] | That I was an unwelcome voyeur | 我是个不受欢迎的偷窥狂 |
[31:43] | to something ancient and powerful. | 窥探着古老和强大的东西 |
[34:17] | Wait for me. | 等等我 |
[34:18] | I’m caught on something. I’ll be there in a minute. | 我发现些东西 马上就来 |
[34:22] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[34:23] | Someone’s coming. | 有人来了 |
[34:34] | Come on. Shh. | 快 别出声 |
[34:59] | We should go. | 我们走吧 |
[35:16] | What have you got there? | 你在干嘛 |
[35:17] | Mm, I’m looking for that plant. | 我在找那种植物 |
[35:19] | I think it’s a forget me not, but I’m not sure. | 我觉得是勿忘我 但不确定 |
[35:21] | Why don’t you pop back and get it? | 那不如你去把它摘回来 |
[35:23] | I was considering it. | 是有这个想法 |
[35:26] | Would you care to go with me? | 你愿意跟我一起去吗 |
[35:27] | Oh, darling, I’d love to, | 亲爱的 我很想去 |
[35:30] | but I’ve got an appointment with the reverend. | 但我约了牧师 |
[35:31] | He found a box of materials last night. | 他昨晚发现一箱材料 |
[35:33] | Bills of sale from Black Jack’s quartermaster. | 黑杰克军需官的卖据 |
[35:36] | That sounds terribly exciting. | 听起来很刺激 |
[35:38] | You’re laughing at me. | 你在讽刺我 |
[35:40] | Never. | 哪有 |
[35:43] | Shall I meet you for dinner later? | 那我稍后等你吃晚饭啊 |
[35:44] | Yes. | 好的 |
[35:46] | – Love you. – Love you. | -爱你 -爱你 |
[35:49] | Come here. | 再来 |
[37:44] | Once, traveling at night, | 有一次夜间旅行 |
[37:47] | I fell asleep in the passenger seat of a moving car. | 我在车里睡着了 |
[37:51] | Lulled by the noise and the motion | 嘈杂和行驶 |
[37:53] | into an illusion of serene weightlessness. | 让我慢慢陷入一种失重的幻觉 |
[37:57] | Then the driver took a bridge too fast. | 司机飞快地驶过大桥 |
[38:00] | and I woke to see the world spinning outside the car windows, | 我醒来 发现窗外的世界都在旋转 |
[38:04] | and the sickening sensation of falling at high speed. | 还有高速下降那种令人作呕的感觉 |
[38:09] | That is as close as I can come | 我已经尽我所能描述出 |
[38:11] | to describing what I experienced. | 我当时的感受 |
[38:14] | But it falls woefully short. | 但这种感觉很快就结束了 |
[39:04] | What? | 什么 |
[40:15] | When confronted with the impossible, | 面对不可能的场景时 |
[40:17] | the rational mind will grope for the logical. | 理性思维会寻求合理的解释 |
[40:24] | Perhaps I had stumbled onto the set of a cinema company | 也许我只是不小心闯入了电影公司 |
[40:27] | filming a costume drama of some sort. | 拍摄某种古装戏的现场 |
[40:47] | But there was no logical reason for actors to fire live ammunition. | 但演员没理由也用实弹 |
[41:45] | Frank? | 弗兰克 |
[41:48] | What the devil are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[41:57] | You’re not Frank. | 你不是弗兰克 |
[41:59] | No, madam, I’m not. | 是的 女士 我不是 |
[42:02] | Who the bloody hell are you? | 那你他妈是谁 |
[42:10] | I’m Jonathan Randall, esquire. | 我是乔纳森·兰德尔先生 |
[42:12] | Captain of his majesty’s Eighth Dragoons. | 国王陛下第八骑兵队队长 |
[42:17] | At your service. | 有何吩咐 |
[42:30] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[42:31] | My husband’s expecting me. | 我丈夫在等我 |
[42:32] | He’ll come looking for me if I’m not back in ten minutes. | 如果我十分钟内没回去 他会来找我的 |
[42:35] | Your husband. What’s his name? | 你丈夫叫什么名字 |
[42:38] | What is his name? | 他叫什么 |
[42:41] | Frank. | 弗兰克 |
[42:43] | Frank what? | 姓什么 |
[42:46] | Frank Beauchamp. He’s a teacher. | 弗兰克·比彻姆 他是个老师 |
[42:50] | Well, it’s a pleasure to meet you, Mrs. Frank Beauchamp, | 见到你很高兴 弗兰克·比彻姆太太 |
[42:53] | a teacher’s wife. | 一名老师的妻子 |
[42:54] | You must think me the fool. | 你一定觉得我是个傻子 |
[42:56] | You’ll be well advised to tell me | 你最好告诉我 |
[42:57] | exactly who you are and why you are here. | 你到底是谁 为什么在这里 |
[43:00] | Madam, you will find my patience is not infinite. | 女士 我的耐心是有限的 |
[43:03] | Get off me, you bastard. | 放开我 你个混蛋 |
[43:08] | Ah, the speech of a lady. | 女士的腔调 |
[43:11] | The language of a whore. | 妓女的言语 |
[43:13] | I choose the whore. | 我选择妓女 |
[43:21] | Druid! | 德鲁伊 |
[43:21] | – What? – Druid! | -什么 -德鲁伊 |
[43:24] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[43:25] | Where are we going? Where are we go… | 我们这是去哪儿 我们去… |
[43:32] | Take your men over there! | 带你的人去这边 |
[43:32] | He– | 他… |
[43:38] | I wanted it to be a dream, but I knew it wasn’t. | 我希望这是一场梦 但我知道不是 |
[43:48] | If nothing else, my erstwhile savior fairly reeked of odors | 别无其他 我之前的救命恩人 |
[43:52] | too foul to be part of any dream I was likely to conjure up. | 浑身恶臭 我不可能做出这种梦 |
[44:25] | Let’s have a look at ye, then, lass. | 那让我们看看你吧 小姑娘 |
[44:30] | I trust you’re able to see me now. | 我想你现在可以看见我了吧 |
[44:32] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[44:33] | I decided to continue using my maiden name. | 我决定继续用我的娘家名 |
[44:37] | If they intended to ransom me, | 如果他们想勒索赎金 |
[44:38] | I didn’t want to lead them back to Frank. | 我不想让他们找到弗兰克 |
[44:41] | Claire. Claire Beauchamp. | 克莱尔 克莱尔·比彻姆 |
[44:44] | Claire Beauchamp. | 克莱尔·比彻姆 |
[44:46] | That’s right. And just what the hell do you think you’re… | 没错 你觉得你自己在做… |
[44:48] | – You said you found her? – Aye. | -你说是你找到的她吗 -对 |
[44:51] | She was having words with a certain captain of Dragoons | 她在和一个我们认识的骑兵队长 |
[44:54] | with whom we are acquaint’. | 进行争吵 |
[44:55] | There seemed to be some question as to whether | 好像他们对这位女士是不是妓女 |
[44:57] | the lady was or was not a whore. | 意见有所分歧 |
[44:59] | And what was the lady’s position in this discussion? | 在这场讨论中 这位女士是什么意见 |
[45:03] | I am not. | 我不是 |
[45:05] | We could put it to the test. | 我们可以检测一下 |
[45:07] | I don’t hold with rape. | 我不赞成强奸 |
[45:10] | And we’ve not the time for it, anyway. | 而且我们也没时间 |
[45:13] | Dougal, I’ve no idea what she might be or who, | 杜格尔 我不知道她可能是什么 或者是谁 |
[45:16] | but I’ll stake my best shot she’s no a whore. | 但我敢打赌 她不是妓女 |
[45:21] | We’ll puzzle it out later. | 我们回头会搞清的 |
[45:23] | We’ve got a good distance to go tonight. | 我们今晚要赶很远的路 |
[45:25] | And we must do something about Jamie first. | 我们首先必须治疗杰米 |
[45:28] | Escape was my chief concern. But I had no idea where I was. | 我最关心的就是逃跑 但我不知道自己在哪儿 |
[45:32] | And trying to find the road | 在夜幕之下 |
[45:33] | back to Inverness in the gathering darkness | 试图找到回到因弗内斯的道路 |
[45:35] | felt like a fool’s errand. | 感觉是徒劳 |
[45:37] | Out o’ joint, poor bugger. | 你脱臼了 可怜的家伙 |
[45:40] | Ye can’t ride with it like that, can you, lad? | 你这样没法骑马 对吧小伙子 |
[45:42] | Hurts bad enough sitting still. | 坐着就够疼了 |
[45:43] | I couldn’t manage a horse. | 我骑不了马 |
[45:45] | I don’t mean to be leaving him behind. | 我不想把他丢下 |
[45:46] | There’s no help for it, then. | 那就没办法了 |
[45:49] | I’ll have to force the joint back. | 我必须强行接骨 |
[45:50] | Aye. | 好 |
[45:51] | The wisest course of action would have been | 最明智的做法会是 |
[45:53] | to keep my head down, my mouth shut, | 低下头 闭上嘴 |
[45:56] | and wait for the search parties Frank must have called out by now. | 等待着弗兰克派出的搜索队 |
[46:00] | Here, lad. | 来 小伙子 |
[46:12] | Hold him. | 按住他 |
[46:17] | Don’t you dare! | 你敢 |
[46:19] | Stand aside at once. | 马上站开 |
[46:21] | You’ll break his arm if you do it like that. | 如果你那样做 会扭断他的手臂 |
[46:25] | You have to get the bone of the upper arm | 你必须把上臂的骨头 |
[46:27] | in the correct position before it slips back into joint. | 放到合适的位置 然后再推到关节上 |
[46:44] | Hold him steady. | 按住他 |
[46:59] | This is the worst part. | 这是最疼的时候 |
[47:17] | It doesn’t hurt anymore. | 不疼了 |
[47:18] | It will. | 会疼的 |
[47:20] | It will be tender for about a week. | 一周内 这里都会很脆弱 |
[47:22] | You’ll need a sling. | 你需要绷带 |
[47:24] | You. | 你 |
[47:25] | Fetch me a long piece of cloth or a belt. | 给我找一块长长的布或者一根腰带 |
[47:27] | “Fetch me,” she says. | 她说 给我找 |
[47:29] | Do you hear that, lads? | 听到了吗 各位 |
[47:31] | Give her your belt. | 把你的腰带给她 |
[47:37] | Taking a guess you’ve done this before. | 我猜你以前做过这种事 |
[47:39] | I’m a nurse. | 我是护士 |
[47:40] | – Aye. – Not a wet nurse. | -好吧 -不是奶妈 |
[47:47] | He mustn’t move the joint for two or three days. | 他两三天都不能动关节 |
[47:50] | When you begin to use it again, go very slowly at first. | 你再次用手臂时 一开始要慢点来 |
[47:54] | Stop at once if it hurts. | 如果疼 就马上停止 |
[47:57] | And use warm compresses on it daily. | 每天都进行热敷 |
[48:00] | All right. How does that feel? | 好了 感觉怎么样 |
[48:05] | Better. Thank ye. | 好些了 谢谢你 |
[48:09] | – Can ye ride? – Aye. | -你能骑马吗 -可以 |
[48:11] | Good. We’re leaving. | 很好 我们要走了 |
[48:37] | Where is it? | 它在哪儿 |
[48:39] | Where’s the city? Should be visible from here. | 城市在哪儿 在这里应该能看见了 |
[48:42] | Inverness? | 因弗内斯 |
[48:45] | You’re looking straight at it. | 你正在看着它呢 |
[48:50] | There were no electric lights as far as the eye could see, | 一眼望去 没有电灯 |
[48:53] | so as much as my rational mind rebelled against the idea, | 虽然我的理性思维反抗着这一想法 |
[48:57] | I knew in my heart I was no longer in the 20th century. | 但我心里知道 我离开了20世纪 |
[49:05] | Get yerself up. | 上来吧 |
[49:07] | Ye be sure to stay close to the rest of us. | 你一定要跟紧我们其余人 |
[49:09] | And should ye try anything else, | 如果你敢玩花样 |
[49:11] | I shall slit your throat for ye. | 我就割开你的喉咙 |
[49:13] | Do you understand me? | 听懂了吗 |
[49:15] | Gimme yer foot. | 把脚伸给我 |
[49:16] | Give it to me. | 伸给我 |
[49:27] | Careful. What are you trying to do? | 小心点 你想做什么 |
[49:30] | I’ll get my plaid loose to cover ye. | 我要拿方格布披风来盖住你 |
[49:33] | You’re shivering. | 你在发抖 |
[49:38] | Thank you, but I’m fine, really. | 谢谢你 但我其实没事 |
[49:40] | You’re shaking so hard it’s making my teeth rattle. | 你抖得好厉害 让我的牙齿都打颤了 |
[49:43] | The plaid’ll keep us both warm, | 方格布披风会让我俩都暖和起来 |
[49:46] | but I canna do it one-handed. | 但我一只手没法做 |
[49:47] | Can you reach? | 你能拉一下吗 |
[50:00] | Don’t want you to freeze before sunup. | 可不想让你在日出前冻僵 |
[50:03] | Sunup? | 日出 |
[50:05] | You mean we’ll be riding all night? | 你是说我们整晚都会骑马吗 |
[50:07] | All night. | 是整晚 |
[50:09] | And the next one too, I reckon. | 我想明晚也是 |
[50:12] | A fine time of year for a ride, though. | 但今年这个时候挺适合骑马的 |
[50:15] | Druid. | 德鲁伊 |
[51:29] | You see up there? | 你看见那上面了吗 |
[51:32] | I know this place. | 我认识这地方 |
[51:35] | Been through here before, have ye? | 你以前来过啊 |
[51:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[51:39] | The 17th and 18th centuries, | 在十七十八世纪 |
[51:41] | you’d have often found a British army patrol up there. | 经常会有英军在上面巡逻 |
[51:44] | I recognize that rock. | 我认识那块石头 |
[51:46] | The one that looks like a cock’s tail. | 看起来像是公鸡的尾巴 |
[51:48] | It has a name. | 它有名字的 |
[51:53] | Cocknammon Rock. | 科克南蒙石 |
[51:56] | The English, they– they used it for ambushes. | 英格兰人在那里埋伏 |
[51:59] | They could be lying in wait right now. | 他们现在就可能埋伏着 |
[52:01] | It’s a bonnie place for an ambush, right enough. | 这地方的确很适合埋伏 |
[52:07] | Dougal. | 杜格尔 |
[52:10] | Dougal. Dougal. | 杜格尔 杜格尔 |
[52:29] | Now, you’ll be telling me exactly | 你要告诉我 你到底 |
[52:31] | how and why you come to know there’s an ambush up ahead. | 是如何以及为什么知道上面有埋伏的 |
[52:35] | I don’t know, but I heard the redcoats use Cocknammon Rock… | 我不知道 但我听说英国军人用科克南蒙石… |
[52:38] | Where did you hear? | 你从哪儿听到的 |
[52:42] | In the village. | 村子里 |
[53:03] | Hide yourself! | 藏起来 |
[54:07] | Lost yer way? | 迷路了吗 |
[54:15] | I hope you haven’t been misusing that shoulder. | 希望你没有乱用肩膀 |
[54:19] | You’re hurt. | 你受伤了 |
[54:20] | This lot is in my blood. | 我生来如此 |
[54:23] | Not much of it, anyway. | 反正也没伤多重 |
[54:28] | Dougal and the others will be waiting further up the stream. | 杜格尔和其他人在上游较远的地方等着 |
[54:34] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[54:36] | – I’m not going with you. – Yes, you are. | -我才不要跟你走 -你必须如此 |
[54:39] | What, are you going to cut my throat if I don’t? | 如果我不去 你要割开我的喉咙吗 |
[54:42] | Why no? | 为什么不呢 |
[54:44] | But… | 但是 |
[54:46] | you don’t look that heavy. | 你看起来不重 |
[54:49] | Now if you won’t walk, | 如果你不走 |
[54:51] | I shall pick you up and throw you over my shoulder. | 我就抱你起来 扛在肩上 |
[54:56] | Do you want me to do that? | 你想要我那样做吗 |
[54:59] | No. | 不要 |
[55:02] | Well, then… | 那么… |
[55:05] | I suppose that means yer coming with me. | 我想这是说你会跟我走 |
[55:21] | Serves you right. | 你活该 |
[55:22] | Probably torn your muscles as well as bruising. | 可能撕裂了你的肌肉 还有瘀伤 |
[55:24] | Well, wasna much of a choice. | 我没什么选择 |
[55:28] | If I dinna move my shoulder, | 如果我不动肩膀 |
[55:29] | I’d never have moved anything else ever again. | 就永远没法动别的地方了 |
[55:32] | I can handle a single Redcoat with one hand. | 我一只手也能对付一个英国军人 |
[55:35] | Maybe even two. | 也许两个 |
[55:37] | Not three. | 三个就不行了 |
[55:39] | Besides, ye can fix it for me again | 而且 等我们到了目的地 |
[55:40] | when we get to where we’re going. | 你可以再帮我治好 |
[55:42] | That’s what you think. | 那是你的想法 |
[55:44] | Here’s to you, lass. | 敬你 小姑娘 |
[55:46] | For tipping us to the villains in the rocks | 提前告诉我们石头后面埋伏着坏蛋 |
[55:48] | and giving us a wee bit o’ fun! | 让我们找了点乐子 |
[55:59] | Have a wee nip. | 喝一口吧 |
[56:01] | It willna fill your belly, but | 这会填满你的肚子 |
[56:03] | will make you forget you’re hungry. | 让你忘记你还饿着 |
[56:49] | Stop! | 停下 |
[56:51] | Help! He’s going over! | 帮帮忙 他要翻下去了 |
[56:57] | Help me get him up. | 帮我扶他起来 |
[57:00] | Come on. | 快 |
[57:01] | Lift. Take it easy. | 抬起来 慢点 |
[57:12] | Gunshot wound. | 枪伤 |
[57:13] | The idiot could have said something. | 这笨蛋可以说出来的 |
[57:15] | It’s a clean exit. | 子弹打穿了 |
[57:16] | I think the round’s gone straight through the muscle. | 子弹击中了肌肉 |
[57:19] | I don’t think it’s serious, but he’s lost a lot of blood. | 这不严重 但他失血过多 |
[57:22] | It’ll need to be disinfected before I can dress it properly. | 我包扎之前需要对伤口进行消毒 |
[57:25] | Disinfect? | 消毒 |
[57:27] | Yes, it must be cleaned of dirt to protect it from germs. | 是啊 必须清洁掉污垢 免得被细菌感染 |
[57:30] | Germs? | 细菌 |
[57:33] | Just get me some iodine. | 给我弄点碘酒来 |
[57:37] | Merthiolate? | 硫柳汞 |
[57:41] | Alcohol? | 酒 |
[57:42] | Oh, yes. Yes. | 知道了 |
[57:45] | Here ye go. | 给你 |
[57:53] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[57:55] | I’m all right, just a wee bit dizzy. | 我没事 只是有点晕 |
[57:56] | You’re not all right. | 你有事 |
[57:58] | Can you tell how badly you were bleeding? | 你能看出流血得有多厉害吗 |
[58:00] | You’re lucky you’re not dead. | 你没死是好事 |
[58:01] | Brawling and fighting and throwing yourself off horses. | 进行打斗 又摔下马背 |
[58:05] | Right, I need a sterile bandage and some clean cloth. | 我需要消毒绷带和干净的布 |
[58:13] | Jesus H. Roosevelt Christ. | 天杀的 |
[58:24] | Hold still. | 坚持住 |
[58:28] | Easy. | 放松 |
[58:31] | All right. Lift him up. | 好了 把他抬起来 |
[58:39] | Come on, you goddamn bloody bastard. | 来吧 你个该死的混蛋 |
[58:42] | I’ve never heard a woman use such language in my life. | 我这辈子从来没听过女人说这种话 |
[58:45] | Your husband should tan your hide for ye, woman. | 你丈夫该揍你了 女人 |
[58:47] | St. Paul says, “Let a woman be silent–“ | 圣保罗说 让女人安静 |
[58:49] | You can mind your own bloody business, and so can St. Paul. | 你管自己的事儿去吧 圣保罗也是 |
[58:58] | And if you move so much as a single muscle | 我给你绑绷带时 |
[59:00] | while I’m tying this bandage, I will bloody throttle you. | 你要是动了一动 我就掐死你 |
[59:03] | Ah. Threats, is it? | 威胁啊 |
[59:06] | And after I shared my drink with ye. | 我还把自己的酒给你喝了呢 |
[59:08] | We’ve 15 miles to go yet. | 我们还得走15英里 |
[59:10] | Five hours at least, if not seven. | 至少五到七个小时 |
[59:12] | We’ll stay long enough for ye to stem the bleeding | 我们会待足够长时间 让你帮他止血 |
[59:14] | and dress his wound, no more than that. | 包扎伤口 好了就马上走 |
[59:18] | He needs rest. | 他需要休息 |
[59:22] | Did you hear me? | 你听到了吗 |
[59:23] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[59:28] | The officer you– you encountered. | 你碰到的军官 |
[59:32] | He won’t give up so easily. | 他不会轻易放弃的 |
[59:35] | He commands the Redcoats hereabouts. | 他指挥这一代的英国军人 |
[59:38] | He’ll have sent patrols out in every direction by now. | 他现在肯定往各个方向都派了巡逻士兵 |
[59:43] | I canna stay here long. | 我不能久留 |
[59:46] | You know Randall? | 你认识兰德尔 |
[59:47] | Black Jack Randall, that is? | 黑杰克兰德尔啊 |
[59:51] | Aye. | 对 |
[59:55] | I won’t risk you or anyone else | 我不能冒险让你或者别人 |
[59:57] | being taken prisoner by that man. | 被那个人抓住 |
[1:00:01] | If ye canna fix me up well enough to ride, | 如果你不能治好我 让我可以骑马 |
[1:00:04] | you’ll be leaving me here with a loaded pistol, | 那就留我在这里 再给我一把上膛的手枪 |
[1:00:06] | so I may determine my own fate. | 这样我能决定自己的命运 |
[1:00:12] | Might’ve well told me you were shot | 你摔下马背前 |
[1:00:14] | before you fell off the horse. | 就该告诉我你中枪了 |
[1:00:17] | Didn’t hurt much at the time. | 那时候不太疼 |
[1:00:20] | Does it hurt now? | 现在疼了吗 |
[1:00:23] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[1:00:25] | Good. | 很好 |
[1:00:27] | That’s about all I can do. The rest is up to you. | 我只能为你做这么多 剩下的就靠你了 |
[1:00:47] | Thank you, Sassenach. | 谢谢你 英国人 |
[1:00:50] | Truly. | 真的 |
[1:00:54] | All right, well, on your horse, soldier. | 好吧 上马吧 士兵 |
[1:01:31] | Castle Leoch. | 里奥克城堡 |
[1:01:35] | I’d been here with Frank two days ago. | 我两天前就和弗兰克来过这里 |
[1:01:39] | Or was that in the future? | 或者那是未来的事 |
[1:01:43] | How could I remember something that hadn’t happened yet? | 我怎么能记起还没发生过的事呢 |
[1:01:51] | So far I’d been assaulted, threatened, | 到目前为止 我经历了袭击 威胁 |
[1:01:53] | kidnapped, and nearly raped. | 绑架 差点被强奸 |
[1:01:56] | And somehow, I knew that my journey had only just begun. | 不知怎么 我知道自己的旅途刚刚开始 |