时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | She hexed Jamie and turned him away from me. | 她迷惑了杰米 把他从我身边夺走 |
[00:05] | She put an ill wish under my bed | 她在我床下放了一个诅咒娃娃 |
[00:07] | and then tried to seduce my husband! | 然后还试图勾引我丈夫 |
[00:12] | Sire, this woman is a liar and a witch! | 陛下 这个女人是骗子和女巫 |
[00:16] | But La Dame Blanche is a white witch, | 但是 白夫人是白女巫 |
[00:18] | and I practice white magic. | 我使用的是白魔法 |
[00:21] | And with French money, we will unite the clans, | 有了法国的钱 我们将会团结各家族 |
[00:24] | and I will lead you all to the gates of London | 我会带领你们来到伦敦的城门之下 |
[00:27] | and to glory. | 迈向荣耀 |
[00:28] | The Prince is a canny, slippery man, | 王子是个精明狡猾的人 |
[00:31] | yet can fool good men to believe he is God’s chosen one. | 能欺骗好人相信他是上帝选定的人 |
[00:33] | We’ve thwarted him all we can, | 我们得尽力去挫败他 |
[00:35] | and we find ourselves staring into the abyss | 在克罗登沼泽的底下 |
[00:37] | awaiting us at the bottom of Culloden Moor. | 或许有万丈深渊在等着我们 |
[00:39] | Bring me home… to Scotland. | 带我回家…回苏格兰 |
[00:42] | Aye. | 好 |
[00:44] | Scotland. | 苏格兰 |
[02:28] | We returned to heal | 我们回到平静的 |
[02:29] | in the peace of the Scottish Highlands. | 苏格兰高地进行疗养 |
[02:32] | Jamie’s sister, Jenny, | 杰米的妹妹 珍妮 |
[02:34] | and her husband, Ian, | 和她的丈夫 伊恩 |
[02:35] | had had another baby while we were in Paris. | 在我们前往巴黎期间又怀了一个孩子 |
[02:39] | Their welcome | 他们的盛情欢迎 |
[02:40] | and the daily routines of Lallybroch | 和拉里布洛克的日常生活 |
[02:42] | worked like a tonic on our battered souls. | 抚慰着我们千疮百孔的灵魂 |
[02:48] | We hoped we had done enough to stop the war. | 我们希望我们的努力已经足够阻止战争了 |
[02:52] | We began planning our future, | 我们开始计划我们的未来 |
[02:54] | but as a very prescient Scot once observed, | 但是一名非常睿智的苏格兰人曾说过 |
[02:57] | the best laid schemes of mice and men. | 即使最如意的安排设计 结局也往往会出其不意 |
[03:00] | Claire, Claire! They’re ready! | 克莱尔 克莱尔 它们熟了 |
[03:03] | Look how big they are. | 看看个头有多大 |
[03:04] | They’re giant! | 它们好大 |
[03:06] | Oh, my goodness, Rabbie. So they are. | 天啊 罗比 真的很大 |
[03:10] | – Can we eat them tonight? – Oh, I don’t see why not. | -我们今晚能吃吗 -当然可以 |
[03:13] | Come on, let’s go ask Mrs. Crook. | 来 我们去问问克鲁克夫人 |
[03:20] | A grand potato, if ever I saw one. | 这么大的土豆 我还从没见过 |
[03:23] | Ye’ve never seen one. | 你从来没见过 |
[03:25] | Not in Fraser land. | 至少在弗雷泽家 |
[03:26] | Not till now. | 之前从来没见过 |
[03:27] | Ye were right tellin’ us to plant them, Claire. | 你让我们种土豆是正确的 克莱尔 |
[03:29] | ‘Tis a fine crop. | 这庄稼真不错 |
[03:31] | I dinna see how ye’d ever grind them for parritch. | 我不知道要怎么把这些土豆磨成糊 |
[03:34] | I dinna believe ye grind them, Mrs. Crook. | 我觉得不用磨 克鲁克夫人 |
[03:36] | Och, aye? | 是吗 |
[03:37] | What do ye do with ’em, then? | 那你怎么做 |
[03:38] | You boil them. | 把它们煮熟 |
[03:40] | – Eat them with salt. – Aye. | -加盐吃 -对 |
[03:42] | – Butter is good, too. – Or roast them. | -黄油也不错 -或烤熟 |
[03:44] | Or you can mash them with milk. | 或者加牛奶捣碎 |
[03:45] | Oh, I dinna ken you could cook, Sassenach. | 我不知道你还会做饭 英格兰人 |
[03:47] | I’m not sure I can cook, | 我可不敢说我会做饭 |
[03:49] | but I can certainly boil a potato. | 但煮个土豆还是没问题的 |
[03:50] | Mm, then we shall have a feast. | 那我们得来一顿大餐了 |
[03:54] | Ye did well. | 你做得很好 |
[03:55] | Wipe yer feet and take off yer filthy boots | 你踩到地板上之前先脱掉脏靴子 |
[03:57] | before ye tramp all over this rug. | 把脚擦干净 |
[03:59] | Come along, lads. | 来吧 孩子们 |
[04:00] | You can help me scrub them clean. | 你们可以帮我把土豆洗干净 |
[04:02] | I ran into Hector on the way up. | 我今天进城的时候遇到了赫克托 |
[04:04] | Got the post from him, eh? | 问他拿了信件 |
[04:08] | Oh, Jamie, here’s one for you. | 杰米 这封信是给你的 |
[04:14] | Louise. | 露易丝 |
[04:15] | It’s the bill for the seed. | 是种子的账单 |
[04:16] | And one from Aunt Jocasta. | 还有一封乔卡斯特姑妈寄来的 |
[04:19] | Good, we haven’t heard from her in months. | 很好 好几个月没有她的消息了 |
[04:20] | Now, did ye get the ploughshare fixed? | 你把铧头修好了吗 |
[04:22] | Smitty says it’s broken straight through. | 斯密蒂说这个完全坏了 |
[04:24] | Canna be re-forged. | 没法重新锻造了 |
[04:26] | We’ll have to hand-till until we can get a new one. | 在有新的铧头之前 只能空手劳作了 |
[04:28] | I canna believe I’ve become a farmer. | 真不敢相信我变成了一个农民 |
[04:31] | Oh, three French novels | 巴黎寄来的 |
[04:33] | and a book of poetry from Paris. | 三本法国小说和一本诗集 |
[04:36] | Which one shall we read tonight? | 今晚我们要读哪一本呢 |
[04:43] | What is it? | 怎么回事 |
[04:49] | “Dear cousin, so pleased. | “亲爱的表弟 很高兴与你通信 |
[04:52] | “Words cannot express my admiration for your boldness | “单凭言语无法表达我多有钦佩你的大胆和 |
[04:55] | “And courage. | “勇气 |
[04:56] | My prayers are with you” | 我会为你祈祷” |
[05:01] | – Stuart Crest. – Aye. | -斯图尔特家徽 -对 |
[05:03] | It declares a Stuart’s divine right | 这说明斯图尔特家族 |
[05:05] | to the throne of Britain, | 对英国王位的神授之权 |
[05:07] | supported by the chieftains of the Highland clans, | 获得了高地宗族战酋的支持 |
[05:10] | signed by those pledging loyalty to Charles Stuart. | 都是这些号称忠于查尔斯·斯图尔特的人签署的 |
[05:14] | MacKinnon, Oliphant, | 麦克弗森家族 奥列芬特家族 |
[05:16] | MacDonald of Glencoe. | 格伦科的麦克唐纳家族 |
[05:21] | James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser. | 詹姆斯·亚历山大·马尔科姆·麦肯齐·弗雷泽 |
[05:27] | Jesus bloody Christ, he’s forged your signature. | 天啊 他伪造了你的签名 |
[05:30] | Aye, he has. | 没错 |
[05:33] | Charles has landed in Scotland | 查尔斯来到了苏格兰 |
[05:35] | and is gathering his army. | 正在召集军队 |
[05:37] | This was published, distributed. | 这是公开发表的 |
[05:39] | The names on this are traitors to the crown. | 这上面的名字就是国王的叛徒 |
[05:43] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[06:10] | It’s all coming to pass, isn’t it? | 这一切都要发生了 对吧 |
[06:14] | Jacobite rising, Culloden, the Clearances… | 詹姆斯党起义 克罗登 许可… |
[06:20] | The destruction of all of this. | 这一切都将毁灭 |
[06:23] | So it would seem. | 看上去的确如此 |
[06:26] | We could go to Ireland… | 我们可以去爱尔兰 |
[06:29] | or the colonies. | 或者殖民地 |
[06:30] | What of Ian and Jenny? | 那伊恩和珍妮呢 |
[06:32] | My nieces, nephews, our cousins? | 我的侄子 侄女 表兄弟们 |
[06:35] | We can bring them with us. | 我们能带他们一起走 |
[06:36] | All of them? | 所有人吗 |
[06:40] | What of our tenants? | 那我们的佃户呢 |
[06:42] | Leave them to the–the mercy of the British butchers | 如果克罗登战役输了 就把他们丢给 |
[06:46] | if the Culloden is lost? | 那些英格兰屠夫吗 |
[06:47] | Your name on that document | 你的名字在那封文件上 |
[06:49] | brands you as a traitor to the British. | 说明你是英格兰的叛徒 |
[06:52] | And you will be hung as one if they catch you. | 如果他们抓到你 就会绞死你 |
[06:55] | We can’t stay. | 我们不能留在这里 |
[07:02] | We know what will happen if the Jacobites lose the war. | 我们知道詹姆斯二世党输了战争后会发生什么 |
[07:07] | But… | 但是… |
[07:10] | but what if they win? | 但是如果他们赢了呢 |
[07:12] | They don’t. | 他们没有赢 |
[07:14] | It’s the verdict of history. | 这是历史的事实 |
[07:16] | Have you given up trying to change the future, | 你放弃改变未来了吗 |
[07:18] | then, Sassenach? | 英格兰人 |
[07:20] | Well, after Paris, haven’t you? | 巴黎一事过后 你还没有放弃吗 |
[07:22] | Aye, Paris was bitter disappointment. | 没错 巴黎的事的确令人失望 |
[07:29] | But you can change the future. | 但是你能改变未来 |
[07:31] | You’ve proven that. | 你已经证实了这一点 |
[07:33] | Thomas Baxter lives because of you. | 托马斯·巴克斯特因为你才活了下来 |
[07:37] | Paris was spared an outbreak of smallpox | 巴黎因为你才躲过了 |
[07:40] | because of you. | 天花爆发 |
[07:43] | And Louise de Rohan | 露易丝·德罗汉 |
[07:46] | will bear Charles Stuart’s bairn | 也是因为你才会怀上 |
[07:50] | because of you. | 查尔斯·斯图尔特的孩子 |
[07:53] | You want to fight for Prince Charles? | 你想为查尔斯王子而战吗 |
[07:58] | Fight… | 为 |
[08:00] | for our family… | 我们家族而战 |
[08:06] | And for Scotland. | 为苏格兰而战 |
[08:09] | Canna see any other way. | 我想不到别的办法 |
[08:12] | Can you? | 你能吗 |
[08:13] | Not one that we could live with. | 我想不到我们能接受的办法 |
[08:19] | They say the definition of insanity | 他们说疯狂的定义是 |
[08:21] | is doing the same thing over and over | 一遍又一遍做同样的事 |
[08:24] | and expecting a different result. | 却期盼不同的结果 |
[08:25] | Well, I do not ken who they are, Sassenach… | 我不知道他们是谁 英格兰人 |
[08:30] | but I’ll wager… | 但是我打赌 |
[08:34] | they have never traveled through time. | 他们从没有时间旅行过 |
[08:53] | So, with Daniel Wallace and Duncan MacLennan, | 所以加上丹尼尔·华莱士和邓肯·麦乐伦 |
[08:55] | ye should have 30 able-bodied men from Lallybroch. | 拉里布洛克有三十个男丁可供你调遣 |
[08:58] | Good. | 很好 |
[08:59] | Murtagh, I’ll need ye to bring the men to Kingussie. | 穆塔夫 我需要你把他们带去金尤西 |
[09:02] | Claire and I will meet you there in two weeks, | 克莱尔和我两周后在那里见你 |
[09:06] | and we’ll go together to join the prince at Crieff. | 然后我们一起去和在克里夫的王子汇合 |
[09:09] | As ye say. | 如你所愿 |
[09:10] | And where will we be during these two weeks? | 我们这两周去哪里 |
[09:15] | Uh, Prince Charles has dispatched me to enlist men | 查尔斯王子派我去争取同族者的 |
[09:17] | and support from our kinsman, | 人力和支持 |
[09:19] | Lord Simon Fraser of Lovat. | 拉瓦特领主西蒙·弗雷泽 |
[09:23] | Ye’re going to see Lord Lovat? | 你要去见拉瓦特领主吗 |
[09:25] | Ask him to do ye a favor? | 请求他帮你吗 |
[09:28] | Ask him to help preserve his country… | 请求他保护他的国家 |
[09:32] | and restore the rightful king to the throne. | 助正统国王登上王位 |
[09:34] | He does have a history of supporting the Jacobites, ye ken. | 他有支持詹姆斯二世党的历史 |
[09:37] | Oh, aye, and the British and anyone else | 没错 还有英格兰人 以及任何 |
[09:39] | that will help him line his pockets | 能帮他中饱私囊 |
[09:41] | and claim the title Chief of Clan Fraser of Lovat. | 保住拉瓦特弗雷泽家族战酋位置的人 |
[09:43] | A position he is entitled to | 他有权享有这个位置 |
[09:45] | and has held for over 20 years. | 而且已经坐了二十多年了 |
[09:47] | You’re defending the old buzzard, now? | 你现在开始为老秃鹰辩护了吗 |
[09:50] | Father must be birling in his grave. | 父亲肯定要在墓里不得安生了 |
[09:54] | – Who is Lord Lovat? – Our grandsire. | -拉瓦特领主是谁 -我们的祖父 |
[09:57] | Who we’ve laid eyes on but once in our lives, | 我们一生中只见过他一次 |
[10:00] | when he came to visit just after our mother died. | 当我们母亲死时他来过一次 |
[10:02] | Father threw him out before he could cross the threshold. | 他还没跨过门槛就被父亲赶走了 |
[10:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[10:09] | He tried to have our mother kidnapped | 他曾试图绑架我们母亲 |
[10:11] | and taken to the Monach Isles | 带她去莫纳克群岛 |
[10:13] | in order to prevent our father from marrying her. | 以阻止我们的父亲娶她 |
[10:16] | There was some bad blood between Lovat and the MacKenzies. | 拉瓦特和麦肯齐家族之间颇有嫌隙 |
[10:20] | A situation I assume Prince Charles is unaware of? | 我估计查尔斯王子不知道这个情况 |
[10:22] | ‘Tis not only degrading | 你爬向那个男人 |
[10:24] | for ye to crawl to that man and ask him for help. | 寻求帮助不只可耻 |
[10:26] | ‘Tis a fool’s errand. | 而且是徒劳无功的蠢事 |
[10:27] | The old fox does nothing that’s not in his best interest | 老狐狸只会做对自己有利的事 |
[10:30] | and never without a price. | 而且总会开价 |
[10:31] | No. | 不 |
[10:32] | No, what would be foolish, Janet, | 不 珍妮特 真正的蠢事是 |
[10:35] | would to let pride stand in the way | 让自尊阻碍我 |
[10:37] | of doing whatever I can to save Lallybroch, Scotland, | 尽我所能拯救拉里布洛克 苏格兰 |
[10:40] | and everything that we hold dear. | 以及一切我们珍爱的东西 |
[10:46] | We’ll leave for Beaufort Castle first thing tomorrow. | 我们明天一早出发前往波弗特城堡 |
[10:56] | I havena been completely honest | 我没有完全坦白 |
[10:58] | with ye about my family, Sassenach. | 我家人的情况 英格兰人 |
[11:02] | – What do you mean? – My father… | -你是什么意思 -我父亲 |
[11:07] | He was a bastard. | 他是个私生子 |
[11:08] | Acknowledged by his father, Lord Lovat, | 被他的父亲拉瓦特领主所承认 |
[11:12] | but a bastard nonetheless. | 但他依然是个私生子 |
[11:14] | And your grandmother? | 你的祖母是谁 |
[11:16] | Lord Lovat’s kitchen maid. | 拉瓦特领主的厨房女仆 |
[11:19] | She raised my father at Beaufort Castle. | 她在波弗特城堡抚养我爸爸长大 |
[11:25] | I should’ve told ye before we wed. | 我应该在结婚之前告诉你 |
[11:30] | I’m sorry. It was cowardly of me. | 抱歉 我这样做很懦夫 |
[11:34] | Jamie, you must know your father’s parentage | 杰米 你必须知道你父亲的出身 |
[11:38] | makes no difference to me. | 对我没什么影响 |
[11:42] | Well… | 其实 |
[11:44] | it should. | 应该有的 |
[11:55] | It doesn’t. | 没有影响 |
[12:11] | – Let’s go to bed. – Aye. | -我们去床上吧 -好 |
[13:49] | The bairn couldna sleep, | 孩子睡不着 |
[13:52] | and neither could Jamie. | 杰米也是 |
[13:54] | He thought they could keep each other company for a bit | 他觉得他们可以互相陪一会儿 |
[13:56] | while Ian and I slept. | 让伊恩和我睡觉 |
[14:00] | And he’s trying to get back on my good side. | 而且他想讨好我 |
[14:04] | Did it work? | 成功了吗 |
[14:06] | It’s a start. | 起了个好头 |
[14:12] | Ye can talk to a wee one | 跟孩子说话 |
[14:13] | in a way you canna talk to anyone else. | 不像跟其他人说话 |
[14:16] | Ye can pour out yer heart to them | 你可以向他们敞开内心 |
[14:18] | without choosing your words | 不用谨慎用词 |
[14:21] | or holding anything back at all. | 或隐瞒什么 |
[14:30] | And that’s a comfort to the soul. | 这是对灵魂的抚慰 |
[14:38] | It’s the way we talk to them before they’re born. | 这是我们在他们出生之前对他们说话的方式 |
[14:42] | Ye know. | 你知道的 |
[14:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:49] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:55] | The man has to wait until the child’s born, | 男人必须等到孩子出生 |
[14:59] | and then they hold their bairn and feel all the things | 抱着孩子的那一刻 他才会感受到 |
[15:03] | that might be and all the things that might never be… | 一切可能和不可能的事 |
[15:07] | and weep, | 然后哭泣 |
[15:09] | not knowing which ones will come to pass. | 不知道哪件事会先发生 |
[15:25] | – Take care of your Fraser. – Aye. | -照顾好你的弗雷泽 -好的 |
[15:28] | And you yours. | 你也是 |
[15:32] | Take this. | 拿上这个 |
[15:33] | It brought Ian back to me from France. | 它让伊恩从法国平安回到了我身边 |
[15:41] | Ye gave Ian a token when we went to France, and no’ me? | 我们去法国时你给伊恩了一个挂坠 却没给我 |
[15:44] | And him not even your betrothed at the time. | 他当时甚至还不是你的未婚夫 |
[15:47] | Don’t make me regret giving it to ye now. | 别让我后悔现在给了你 |
[15:56] | If ye don’t come back, brother, I’ll never forgive ye. | 如果你没回来 哥哥 我永远不会原谅你 |
[16:00] | Never is a very long time. | “永远”太久了 |
[16:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:04] | Jes where do ye think ye’re going? | 你以为你要去哪儿 |
[16:08] | Well, with Milord. | 和老爷一起走啊 |
[16:12] | Ye’re too young to fight, laddie. | 你太年轻了不能战斗 小伙子 |
[16:14] | Ye’ll bide here wi’ us. | 你要和我们待在这里 |
[16:15] | You can help Rabbie in the stables | 你可以给马厩的罗比打下手 |
[16:16] | till Milord returns. | 直到老爷回来 |
[16:18] | But I belong with you. | 但是我属于你 |
[16:21] | Is that not what you told me, Milady, | 你不是这样告诉我的吗 夫人 |
[16:23] | that I will always have a home with you? | 我在你身边永远有栖身之所 |
[16:26] | Yes, of course. | 当然了 |
[16:28] | – But sometimes it’s– – He’s right. | -但是有时候… -他说的对 |
[16:32] | His place is no’ here without us… | 他不应该远离我们待在这里 |
[16:36] | nor in France on his own. | 也不应该独自待在法国 |
[16:40] | Bring him with ye, Murtagh, when ye come with the men. | 你带人来的时候 穆塔夫 把他带上 |
[16:43] | Aye. | 好 |
[16:44] | If I havena killed him first. | 如果我之前没有杀了他的话 |
[16:47] | Dinna fash, Claire. | 别担心 克莱尔 |
[16:48] | We’ll keep him well away from the battle. | 我们会让他远离战场 |
[16:50] | The outcome is in yer hands, laddie. | 命运掌握在你自己手里 小伙子 |
[16:54] | A good soldier must learn to obey his commanding officer… | 一个好的士兵必须学会遵从他的指挥官 |
[17:01] | As well as his general. | 以及他的将军 |
[17:14] | Take care of each other… | 照顾好对方 |
[17:16] | and watch out for my grandsire. | 当心我的祖父 |
[17:18] | I will. Bye, Jenny. | 我会的 再见 珍妮 |
[17:55] | During our ride to Beaufort Castle, | 在去波弗特城堡的路上 |
[17:57] | Jamie filled me in on what he knew | 杰米告诉了我他所知道的 |
[17:59] | of his grandfather. | 关于他祖父的一切 |
[18:01] | Over the last 50 years, | 在过去的五十年里 |
[18:03] | Lord Simon Fraser of Lovat had been alternately loyal | 拉瓦特领主西蒙·弗雷泽曾轮流向 |
[18:07] | to both the exiled King James | 被放逐的詹姆斯国王 |
[18:09] | and the monarchs sitting on the British throne. | 坐在英格兰王座上的君主们效忠 |
[18:11] | His personal life was equally infamous. | 他的私生活也同样声名狼藉 |
[18:14] | Aside from numerous extramarital dalliances, | 不仅多次与别人通奸 |
[18:18] | Lord Lovat had had three wives, | 拉瓦特领主有过三位老婆 |
[18:20] | two of them acquired by nefarious means. | 其中两个都是通过不正当手段娶来的 |
[18:31] | Lord Lovat will be with you shortly. | 拉瓦特领主很快会接见你们 |
[18:41] | I do wish we’d had a chance | 我的确希望我们能有机会 |
[18:42] | to freshen up a bit before meeting your grandfather. | 在见到你祖父前稍稍梳洗一下 |
[18:45] | Dinna fash, Sassenach. | 别担心 英格兰人 |
[18:47] | You look bonny, | 你看上去很漂亮 |
[18:49] | though ye do have a few teasel heads | 尽管你的头发里确实 |
[18:53] | in your hair. | 有几根起绒草 |
[18:55] | Leave ’em. They suit her. | 放着吧 很衬她 |
[19:04] | Colum. | 卡伦 |
[19:05] | I arrived this morning, myself. | 我一个人 今天早上到的 |
[19:08] | I saw ye enter the courtyard from the window. | 我从窗子里看到了你们进了庭院 |
[19:11] | What are ye doing here? | 你怎么在这里 |
[19:13] | Well, I’m here to discuss a response | 我来这里是为了和拉瓦特领主 |
[19:15] | to the rebellion with Lord Lovat, | 商议如何回应谋反 |
[19:18] | as I assume you are. | 我相信你也是一样 |
[19:20] | War– | 战争… |
[19:22] | it makes for strange bedfellows. | 它会促成奇怪的盟友 |
[19:26] | I’m pleased to see that ye’re well. | 见到你很好 我很高兴 |
[19:29] | You’ll have to excuse me if I find that hard to believe. | 请恕我不太相信 |
[19:33] | The witch trial, Colum. | 女巫审判 卡伦 |
[19:34] | Ye seem to be implying that I, uh, | 你似乎是在暗示 |
[19:36] | I had something to do with your involvement in that. | 你被此事牵连与我有关 |
[19:40] | It is my impression that ye were simply | 在我的印象里你只是 |
[19:42] | in the wrong place at the wrong time. | 在错误的时间出现在了错误的地方 |
[19:43] | Yes, I was. | 是的 没错 |
[19:44] | Thanks to a message from your kitchen maid, Laoghaire, | 多亏了你的厨房女仆的消息 里奥加尔 |
[19:47] | who just happened to know the exact time | 她碰巧知道逮捕的 |
[19:49] | and place of the arrest. | 确切时间和地点 |
[19:50] | A gross overstepping of her place, | 她僭越了 |
[19:53] | for which I had her beaten. | 我打了她 以示惩戒 |
[19:55] | I would’ve thrown her out of Leoch, | 我本想把她扔出里奥克 |
[19:57] | but her grandmother, Mrs. Fitz, | 但她的祖母 菲茨太太 |
[19:59] | persuaded me she could keep the girl in check. | 说服我说她能管教这个姑娘 |
[20:01] | Is Dougal with ye? | 杜格尔在你身边吗 |
[20:03] | No. | 不在 |
[20:07] | It became clear that it was best for the clan | 显然 对家族最有利的情况是 |
[20:10] | that my brother remain at his own estate. | 我弟弟维持他现有的身份就好 |
[20:13] | Surely Dougal would be the one leading clan MacKenzie | 杜格尔一定会是那个带领麦肯齐家族 |
[20:15] | in fighting for King James? | 为詹姆斯国王战斗的人吧 |
[20:18] | I’d forgotten what a curious mind you have, lass. | 我都快忘了你有多好奇了 小姑娘 |
[20:24] | So the rumor is true. | 看来传言是真的 |
[20:26] | The grandson of Lord Simon Fraser of Lovat | 拉瓦特领主西蒙·弗雷泽的孙子 |
[20:31] | has bound himself to a Sassenach. | 娶了一个英格兰人 |
[20:34] | But I suppose ye are yer father’s son, after all. | 但我想毕竟有其父必有其子嘛 |
[20:37] | Who’s to expect the boy | 谁会想到一个男孩 |
[20:38] | to have more sense choosing a wife | 会比生了他的那个杂种 |
[20:41] | than did the bastard who made him? | 更会挑老婆呢 |
[20:43] | At least I had no need to take a wife by means of rape | 至少我不用靠强奸或欺骗 |
[20:47] | or trickery. | 来娶老婆 |
[20:53] | No’ as serious as yer father. | 不像你父亲那么死板 |
[20:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[20:57] | Enough breath wasted on a woman. | 别再说女人了 |
[20:59] | Leave us. | 退下吧 |
[21:01] | It’s time to talk politics | 是时候与我的孙子 |
[21:02] | with my grandson and my rival. | 和对手一起谈谈政治了 |
[21:26] | While Jamie’s meeting dragged on, | 趁杰米开会的时候 |
[21:28] | I took the opportunity to look | 我乘机仔细观察 |
[21:30] | over the place Lord Lovat called home. | 拉瓦特领主称之为家的地方 |
[21:34] | Mistress Fraser? | 弗雷泽女士 |
[21:36] | I’ve been looking for ye since I heard you were here. | 我听说你来了 就一直在找你 |
[21:42] | Laoghaire. | 里奥加尔 |
[21:43] | Did the laird not tell ye I was with him? | 领主没告诉你我和他一起来了吗 |
[21:45] | – No. – My grandmother sent me along | -没有 -我的祖母派遣我来 |
[21:47] | to wash his laundry and help wherever I’m needed. | 为他洗衣 在需要时帮忙 |
[21:50] | I wanted to find ye, though, because… | 但我想找你 因为… |
[21:57] | I need to tell you I am changed. | 我要告诉你 我痛改前非了 |
[22:02] | And I am sorry beyond measure for the horrible wrong | 我对我之前对你做的那些糟糕的事情真的感到 |
[22:05] | I did to ye. | 无与伦比的抱歉 |
[22:06] | My grandmother has made me see I canna be right with God | 我祖母让我明白我不可能与上帝同在 |
[22:08] | until I make amends for the pain my evil actions have caused. | 除非我为了我的邪恶行径所造成的痛苦道歉 |
[22:14] | I believe it is God brought us together here | 我相信是上帝让我们在此相聚 |
[22:17] | so I could do so. | 好让我为此道歉 |
[22:21] | God? | 上帝 |
[22:23] | You speak of God? | 你也会说上帝 |
[22:26] | How often have I thought about what I would do whenever I saw you again? | 我经常想到我再次见到你的时候会做什么 |
[22:31] | I have fantasized all manner of violent acts | 我想象了各种各样暴力的手段 |
[22:35] | that I would subject you to. | 可以用在你身上 |
[22:37] | To all of them… | 用在他们身上… |
[22:39] | Ending with lighting the pyre beneath your feet | 最后 我会点燃你脚下的柴堆 |
[22:43] | and dancing on your ashes | 在你的骨灰上跳舞 |
[22:44] | as you promised to dance on mine. | 就像你曾经发誓要在我的骨灰上跳舞一样 |
[22:53] | I don’t hate you, Laoghaire. | 我不恨你 里奥加尔 |
[23:00] | I pity you. | 我可怜你 |
[23:03] | The dark places you must’ve inhabited | 你的心中一定充满了黑暗 |
[23:07] | in the hopes of getting something that you’ll never have. | 因为你奢求着你永远也得不到的东西 |
[23:14] | As for getting right with God, | 至于与上帝同在 |
[23:18] | you’ll just have to find another way… | 你得想别的办法了 |
[23:22] | ’cause I can’t help you. | 因为我没法帮你 |
[23:31] | Maybe God did bring us together. | 或许上帝确实让我们在此相聚 |
[23:34] | Ah, somehow, I–I feel lighter. | 不知怎么的 我轻松多了 |
[23:38] | Ye’re more forgiving than I am, Sassenach. | 你比我宽容 英格兰人 |
[23:40] | I wouldna give that brazen besom the time of day. | 换做是我 不会施舍那个贱人一点时间 |
[23:43] | Perhaps. | 或许吧 |
[23:45] | So will I be allowed to join you at dinner tonight? | 我今晚可以和你们共进晚餐吗 |
[23:49] | Oh, aye. | 当然可以 |
[23:50] | Aye, my grandsire’s no’ opposed to a bit of decoration | 我的祖父不反对在晚餐餐桌上 |
[23:53] | at the dinner table… | 多一点摆设 |
[23:55] | As long as that decoration doesna speak. | 只要摆设不开口就行 |
[24:01] | Aye. | 没错 |
[24:03] | Just like that. | 就像这样 |
[24:07] | Now, come along. | 来吧 |
[24:15] | Every man here knows that to most British, | 人人都知道 对于大多数英格兰人来说 |
[24:20] | all Highlanders, no matter their allegiance, | 所有的高地人 无论他们为谁效忠 |
[24:23] | we’re all the same… | 我们都是一样的 |
[24:27] | savage dogs better put down than let live. | 是应该铲除而不是放任自流的野狗 |
[24:31] | And after three uprisings, | 经过三次起义 |
[24:33] | the British Army will be motivated to put us down for good. | 英军会十分愿意把我们彻底歼灭 一劳永逸 |
[24:37] | To save our clans, our country, | 为了拯救我们的家族 我们的国家 |
[24:40] | our very way of life, | 我们的生活方式 |
[24:43] | we must band together under the true king, King James. | 我们必须为了真正的国王团结 詹姆斯国王 |
[24:47] | Fight… | 战斗 |
[24:50] | and we must win. | 我们必须获胜 |
[24:56] | We’re very fortunate to have among us | 我们很幸运 在我们之中 |
[24:59] | such a close confidant of the prince. | 有这样一位王子的密友 |
[25:05] | Isn’t that so, Lovat? | 没错吧 拉瓦特 |
[25:07] | We’re lucky to have somebody to give us an inside view | 很幸运能有人给我们关于这场神圣的起义的 |
[25:11] | of this holy rebellion. | 内幕消息 |
[25:13] | Aye, but I dinna know how holy it is. | 是 但我不知道这能有多神圣 |
[25:20] | So can you tell us, then, nephew, | 那么 你能不能告诉我 外甥 |
[25:22] | how much support have the French agreed to give? | 法国人愿意提供多少支持 |
[25:31] | The French have already supported us, Colum, | 法国人已经支持我们了 卡伦 |
[25:34] | by engaging the British Army in Flanders, | 在佛兰德斯与英格兰军队交战 |
[25:37] | reducing the troops remaining here at home. | 减少留在家园的军队 |
[25:47] | The Prince is certain | 王子确定 |
[25:49] | the French will want to press the advantage, | 法国人会想要利用有利形势 |
[25:51] | send men and artillery to support the Jacobites. | 派军队与大炮去支援詹姆斯二世党 |
[25:54] | Oh, so–so the French | 这么说 法国人 |
[25:56] | have not yet committed to Prince Charles? | 还没答应要帮查尔斯王子吗 |
[26:00] | Always an unreliable ally, the French. | 法国人 向来靠不住 |
[26:07] | We will welcome the French support | 法国人要相助我们 |
[26:08] | when it comes, but we dinna need it. | 我们欢迎 但我们不需要 |
[26:18] | The Jacobite army is already 1,000 men strong in Crieff… | 詹姆斯二世党军队在克里夫拥兵千人 |
[26:24] | MacDonalds, Camerons, | 麦克唐纳家族 卡梅隆家族 |
[26:27] | Stewarts, and Grants, | 斯图尔特家族 格兰特家族 |
[26:31] | and more joining every day… | 每天都有更多人加入 |
[26:34] | while the majority of the British Army | 而大多数英格兰军队 |
[26:37] | remains on the continent licking their wounds. | 还停留在欧洲大陆上疗伤 |
[26:41] | I have heard the British have offered 30,000 pounds | 我听说英格兰人悬赏三万英镑 |
[26:44] | for the capture of Prince Charles. | 去捉拿查尔斯王子 |
[26:47] | Meaning what? | 那又如何 |
[26:51] | Meaning the British see Prince Charles as a real threat. | 这表示英格兰人把查尔斯王子当成威胁 |
[26:55] | Ye’ll join us then, cousin? | 那你会加入我们吗 表弟 |
[26:57] | Perhaps the British know, as the rest of us do, | 也许同在座各位一样 英格兰人也知道 |
[27:00] | how many cullions there are amongst the Campbells | 坎贝尔家族与卡梅隆家族之中 |
[27:02] | and the Camerons– | 有多少卑鄙小人 |
[27:04] | men who would sell their own grandmothers | 那些人愿意将自己的亲祖母 |
[27:06] | for half that amount. | 用一半价钱就卖了 |
[27:12] | – Well, I– – For 30,000 pounds, | -我… -用三万英镑 |
[27:15] | the British could end this rebellion before it even starts– | 英格兰人就能将这场叛乱扼杀于摇篮中 |
[27:18] | a fair sight less than it would cost them to wage a war. | 这要比发动战争的花费划算多了 |
[27:30] | I hadn’t considered that. | 我还没考虑到那点 |
[27:33] | Then sit down, ye mealy-mouthed wee smout, | 那就给我坐下 油嘴滑舌的臭小子 |
[27:37] | and dinna speak again until ye have considered | 没考虑周全之前 |
[27:39] | what ye’re about to say. | 就别开口 |
[27:43] | Bring us more wine… | 再拿些酒来 |
[27:47] | my lovely, | 亲爱的 |
[27:49] | and a glass of milk for my boy. | 给我的儿子拿杯奶来 |
[27:57] | Enough war talk tonight. | 今晚就别再谈战争了 |
[28:14] | You know, I got the impression that Colum was trying to use you | 我感觉卡伦是想利用你 |
[28:17] | to convince Lord Lovat not to join the rebellion. | 说服拉瓦特领主不参与起义 |
[28:23] | The first Jacobite rebellions failed, | 詹姆斯二世党起义第一回失败了 |
[28:25] | and Colum will never support another. | 卡伦不会再支持第二回 |
[28:27] | He wants Lovat’s clan to stay neutral with the MacKenzies, | 他想让拉瓦特家族与麦肯齐家族保持中立 |
[28:30] | knowing that the smaller clans will follow, | 心知那些小家族会跟从 |
[28:34] | and the rebellion will collapse before it ever gets started. | 那叛乱在发生前就会瓦解 |
[28:37] | Well, why doesn’t Colum just speak to him directly? | 卡伦怎么不直接跟他说 |
[28:41] | Because my grandsire doesna trust my uncle. | 因为我祖父不相信我叔叔 |
[28:46] | Using me is a much more effective strategy. | 利用我更有效 |
[28:50] | I need to speak to Lovat on my own, | 我得单独跟拉瓦特谈谈 |
[28:52] | without Colum leading me to make his arguments for him. | 那时候卡伦没在我身边让我为他做嫁衣 |
[28:58] | It’s a pity young Simon is such a spineless creature. | 西蒙这么没骨气 真可惜 |
[29:02] | I believe he could influence his father’s decision | 我认为如果他坚决站在我们这边 |
[29:05] | if he took a strong stance for our side. | 他能影响他父亲的决定 |
[29:07] | The man has nothing but contempt for the poor boy. | 那个男人对他可怜的孩子只有鄙视 |
[29:09] | Ah, he’s just trying to toughen him up, | 他只是想让他坚强起来 |
[29:13] | make him a viable successor to lead Clan Fraser of Lovat. | 让他成为合格的拉瓦特弗雷泽家族的继承人 |
[29:23] | My grandsire had the perfect opportunity | 我祖父今晚本有很好的机会 |
[29:25] | to say no to us tonight, but he didn’t. | 拒绝我们 但他没有 |
[29:28] | Perhaps Jenny was right. | 也许珍妮说得对 |
[29:31] | He wants something in exchange. | 他对我们有所求 想交易 |
[29:42] | Do ye think ye can toy with me? | 你觉得你能跟我藏心眼吗 |
[29:45] | Ye’re keeping something from me, ye old hag, | 你有话没告诉我 死老太婆 |
[29:48] | and I’m no’ havin’ it. | 我可不答应 |
[30:00] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[30:03] | Here, let me help you. | 来 让我来扶你 |
[30:05] | Oh, thank you, Mistress. | 谢谢您 夫人 |
[30:12] | – I’m Claire. – Maisri. | -我叫克莱尔 -麦丝芮 |
[30:14] | Lord Lovat’s seer. | 拉瓦特领主的先知 |
[30:18] | Wait. | 等下 |
[30:29] | I’ll wager yer father painted a black portrait of my character. | 你父亲肯定没少说我坏话吧 |
[30:35] | He said very little about ye. | 他很少提起你 |
[30:36] | He chose that MacKenzie whore… | 他选了麦肯齐那个贱货 |
[30:39] | And I’ll ask ye to keep a civil tongue | 提及家母时 |
[30:40] | when you speak of my mother! | 请你放尊重些 |
[30:42] | Over me, his father, twice. | 两次 他都没选我 |
[30:45] | First when I told him not to marry her– | 第一次是我不让他娶她 |
[30:46] | And yer kidnapping attempt failed. | 你试图绑架失败了 |
[30:48] | Second time, she was dead and buried. | 第二次 她去世下葬了 |
[30:50] | I was willing to forgive him, make him my successor, | 我想要原谅他 让他当我的继承人 |
[30:53] | despite the fact he was a bastard. | 尽管他是私生子 |
[30:56] | And he chose her memory | 他却选择了她的回忆 |
[30:59] | and that place… | 和那个地方 |
[31:01] | – Lallybroch. – Over me. | -拉里布洛克 -不选我 |
[31:08] | Is it true? | 是真的吗 |
[31:10] | What? | 什么 |
[31:12] | That you’ve no’ pledged yer fealty to Colum MacKenzie? | 你还没效忠卡伦·麦肯齐 |
[31:18] | That’s what ye’re after, is it? | 这就是你的目的吧 |
[31:23] | My fealty to you | 我效忠于你 |
[31:25] | in exchange for sending aid to Prince Charles? | 你才肯向查尔斯王子派援军 |
[31:29] | To be honest, I’m more interested in what goes with it. | 说实话 我对你能带来的领土更感兴趣 |
[31:35] | What need have ye of Lallybroch? | 你要拉里布洛克做什么 |
[31:37] | The tenants’ rents | 那边租客的房租 |
[31:39] | would probably make no difference to a place like this. | 对这里来说应该没有差别 |
[31:41] | What I do with that damnable place would be no concern of yers. | 我怎么处置那个破地方 不用你管 |
[31:46] | I’m yer grandsire | 我是你的祖父 |
[31:48] | and head of your clan, after all. | 毕竟是你们家族的头领 |
[31:50] | I demand my due. | 这是我应得的 |
[31:52] | If I wouldna give my pledge to Colum, | 如果我没有效忠卡伦 |
[31:54] | who I know to be kin, | 我知道的亲人 |
[31:56] | then what sort of fool would I be to give it to an old twister | 那我怎么会傻到去效忠一个糟老头子 |
[31:59] | that may or may not share my blood? | 也许他跟我还没血缘关系呢 |
[32:03] | You made free with yer housemaids. | 你睡过不少家里的女仆 |
[32:06] | Perhaps others did, too. | 也许你身边人也是呢 |
[32:12] | Oh, Christ, laddie. | 天呐 小子 |
[32:25] | Implying yer grandmother’s a whore to keep what you want? | 为保住自己想要的 就暗指你祖母是荡妇吗 |
[32:29] | Oh, ye’re my kin, all right. | 你绝对是我亲孙子 |
[32:32] | Would that my son had half yer mettle… | 我儿子要是有你一半的气概… |
[32:35] | I’ll give ye the same pledge I gave Colum. | 我会像对待卡伦那样效忠你 |
[32:39] | My help and goodwill, | 奉上我的协助与善意 |
[32:41] | my obedience to yer word, | 服从你的命令 |
[32:42] | so long as my feet rest on Lovat soil. | 只要我能依靠拉瓦特的势力 |
[32:44] | Did ye no’ hear me? | 你没听见我说话吗 |
[32:47] | It’s yer father’s precious estate I’m after. | 我想要的是你父亲心爱的领土 |
[32:52] | If ye’ll no’ give me Lallybroch | 如果不想用拉里布洛克 |
[32:54] | in exchange for men for Prince Charles, | 换取查尔斯王子的援军 |
[32:59] | how about this? | 这样如何 |
[33:02] | Lallybroch for yer wife’s honor. | 用拉里布洛克换你妻子的名誉 |
[33:13] | Go ahead. | 动手吧 |
[33:16] | Try to ravish my wife. | 去强暴我的妻子 |
[33:18] | And after she’s done with ye, | 等她收拾完你 |
[33:21] | I’ll send in the maid to sweep up yer remains. | 我会派佣人去打扫你的骨灰 |
[33:23] | Not I, lad, | 我不会出手 小伙子 |
[33:25] | though I’ve taken my pleasure with worse. | 虽然我享用过更糟糕的女人 |
[33:28] | Your grandmother comes to mind. | 想起了你的外祖母 |
[33:31] | But there are many men | 但在波弗特城堡 |
[33:33] | in Beaufort Castle who’d be of a mind | 有很多男人都会想 |
[33:35] | to put your… | 让你的 |
[33:37] | Sassenach wench | 英格兰少妇 |
[33:39] | to the only use she’s good for. | 发挥她唯一擅长的用途 |
[33:43] | Ye canna guard her night and day. | 你总不能日日夜夜守着她 |
[33:46] | No. | 不 |
[33:48] | I needn’t worry… | 我无须担心 |
[33:50] | Grandsire. | 祖父 |
[33:55] | My wife’s a rare woman… | 我妻子是个少见的奇女子 |
[33:58] | ye ken. | 你知道的 |
[33:59] | A wise woman. | 一个聪明的女人 |
[34:04] | La Dame Blanche… | 白夫人 |
[34:06] | the White Lady. | 白夫人 |
[34:08] | The Sassenach? | 英格兰人 |
[34:10] | A witch? | 女巫 |
[34:13] | Aye, it’s true. | 是的 没错 |
[34:18] | The man that takes her in unholy embrace | 玷污她的那个人 |
[34:20] | will have his privates blasted, | 他的私处将会爆开 |
[34:24] | like a frostbitten apple. | 就像霜冻过的苹果一样 |
[34:27] | And his soul… | 而他的灵魂 |
[34:31] | will… | 将会 |
[34:33] | burn… | 永远 |
[34:37] | forever in hell. | 受地狱之火的折磨 |
[34:52] | Like that. | 就像这样 |
[35:00] | My grandsire has a great respect for the supernatural, | 我祖父很相信这些超自然的东西 |
[35:03] | no’ for anything else, | 不为别的 |
[35:04] | but ye should take care the next few days | 接下来这几天 万一我不在 |
[35:06] | if I’m no’ here. | 你要照顾好自己 |
[35:07] | Well, he didn’t seem that frightened | 当他把那个可怜的女人 |
[35:08] | of that poor woman when he tossed her out into the corridor. | 扔到走廊上时 他看起来也没那么害怕 |
[35:11] | Ah, Maisri’s but a seer. | 麦丝芮只是个先知 |
[35:13] | She’s not a white lady, like my wife. | 她不像我妻子那样是白夫人 |
[35:15] | But she did know something she wasna telling him. | 但她确实知道什么事 却不愿透露给他 |
[35:18] | Your grandfather really is a brute, isn’t he? | 你祖父真是个蛮人 不是吗 |
[35:20] | Aye. | 对 |
[35:21] | A brute that may soon own my ancestral home. | 而我的祖宅不久后可能就会落入这个蛮人之手 |
[35:24] | You can’t be seriously thinking | 你不会真的考虑 |
[35:26] | about giving him what he wants? | 给他他想要的吧 |
[35:28] | Well, The Prince will hardly put much stock | 本来王子就不太信任我的能力 |
[35:30] | in my abilities to lead men or wage war | 无论是在领导方面还是作战方面 |
[35:32] | if I’m not even able to persuade my own grandsire | 如果我连自己的祖父都说服不了 |
[35:34] | to support our cause. | 让他支持我们的事业 |
[35:37] | Well, what about young Simon? | 小西蒙怎么样 |
[35:40] | What if we persuade him to– to stand up to his father, | 如果我们能说服他 让他反抗他父亲 |
[35:44] | declare his support for the rebellion? | 表明他对起义的支持 |
[35:45] | Aye. | 对 |
[35:47] | Aye, then Lovat may send his men if only to protect his heir, | 这样拉瓦特可能就会派人去保护他的继承人 |
[35:50] | but after that scene last night… | 但是昨晚那一幕告诉我们 |
[35:54] | it’ll take more time than we have | 我们得花更多时间来让那个孩子 |
[35:56] | to give the boy the confidence | 变得足够自信 去反抗自己的父亲 |
[35:57] | he needs to truly defy his father. | 而我们没那么多时间了 |
[36:02] | Perhaps it depends | 或许这取决于 |
[36:03] | on what we use to boost his confidence. | 我们用什么来激发他的自信 |
[36:27] | Is that Jamie’s shirt? | 那是杰米的衬衫吗 |
[36:29] | I’ve done nothing to it. | 我什么手脚都没做 |
[36:33] | Didn’t mean to imply that you had. | 我也没说你做了什么 |
[36:35] | I have changed, ye ken. | 要知道 我已经改变了 |
[36:38] | I have repented and asked God’s forgiveness, | 我忏悔过 也祈求过上帝的宽恕 |
[36:40] | and it was working. | 也开始慢慢变好了 |
[36:42] | I thought he brought you both here to help me, | 我以为他让你们来这里是为了帮助我 |
[36:44] | but it was to test me. | 但实际是为了试炼我 |
[36:50] | In the great hall, Jamie didn’t even see me. | 在大厅 杰米甚至都没看到我 |
[36:51] | ‘Twas like I didna exist. | 就好像我不存在一样 |
[36:54] | If ye willna avenge yerself, ye must leave me be. | 如果你想报仇 请离我远点 |
[36:58] | Perhaps I could find my way to forgive you. | 或许我能找到原谅你的方法 |
[37:02] | – But Jamie… – Hail Mary, full of grace. | -但是杰米 -万福玛利亚 你充满圣宠 |
[37:04] | Jamie will never love you, Laoghaire. | 杰米永远都不会爱你的 里奥加尔 |
[37:09] | But there might be a way to earn his forgiveness… | 但是 或许有个方法能让他原谅你 |
[37:14] | for him to think of you without rancor. | 让他对你不再怀有仇恨 |
[37:17] | And why would you want him to do that? | 你为什么想让他原谅我 |
[37:22] | Because we need Lord Lovat | 因为我们需要拉瓦特领主 |
[37:24] | to send his men and weapons to fight for Prince Charles, | 派遣他的兵力和武器来支持查尔斯王子的起义 |
[37:27] | and we believe he might do this | 我们认为如果小西蒙反对他 |
[37:28] | if young Simon stood up to him | 选择站在杰米这一边 |
[37:30] | and took Jamie’s side. | 他或许会同意 |
[37:32] | And what is that to do with me? | 那和我又有什么关系 |
[37:33] | Young Simon is infatuated with you. | 小西蒙很迷恋你 |
[37:35] | You could use that to help persuade him. | 你可以利用这点 帮我们说服他 |
[37:39] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[37:41] | I’ll not sink further into the pit of depravity. | 我不会再陷入堕落的泥潭 |
[37:43] | I’ll not give up my maidenhead for you! | 我不会为你而失去自己的贞操 |
[37:45] | No one is asking you to give up anything. | 没人让你舍弃什么 |
[37:48] | Besides, it’s not for me. | 况且 这也不是为了我 |
[37:51] | It’s for Jamie. | 是为了杰米 |
[37:54] | A woman has more to offer a man than her body. | 除了身体 一个女人能给男人的还有很多 |
[37:59] | When a man is in love, | 当一个男人陷入了爱情 |
[38:00] | he craves his beloved’s approval. | 他最需要的是他心爱之人的赞许 |
[38:03] | He wishes to please her for– | 他想要取悦她 |
[38:05] | and to look heroic in her eyes. | 希望她用凝视英雄的眼光来凝视他 |
[38:09] | And if I do whatever it is ye have in mind, | 如果我按照你打算的做 |
[38:12] | ye’ll speak to Jamie on my behalf? | 你会替我向杰米说情吗 |
[38:15] | Yes. | 当然 |
[38:20] | I canna tell you how I know, but I do. | 我不能告诉你我怎么知道的 但我就是知道 |
[38:23] | You must believe me. | 你一定要相信我 |
[38:25] | The only way to survive… | 活下去的唯一机会 |
[38:28] | is to fight and win. | 就是战斗 并且取胜 |
[38:31] | And we need the weapons and men to do so. | 为了达到这个目的 我们需要兵力和武器 |
[38:33] | Remaining neutral will be seen | 如果继续保持中立 |
[38:34] | as treason by whatever side wins. | 那无论哪一方赢 我们都会被视为叛徒 |
[38:36] | Ye know? Ye just know? | 你知道 你就是知道 |
[38:39] | Ye sound like a madman! | 你说话的口气就像个疯子 |
[38:41] | History guides my course in this matter. | 在这件事上 我以史为鉴 |
[38:44] | History! | 历史 |
[38:45] | Not wild beliefs and wishful thinking. | 而不是什么疯狂的信念和美好的臆想 |
[38:48] | The other risings– | 其他的起义 |
[38:50] | they failed because there was no outside support, | 都失败了 因为没有外援 |
[38:53] | and that support does not exist now. | 而现在依然没有外援 |
[38:56] | If we do not send men to fight, | 如果我们不派人去战斗 |
[38:59] | this rebellion will– will melt away. | 这次起义就会慢慢消散 |
[39:02] | And when that happens, we will be left alone… | 到时候 就不会有人来打扰我们 |
[39:06] | as we were in the past. | 像过去那样 |
[39:10] | Lord Lovat… | 拉瓦特领主 |
[39:12] | he would see that, too, | 他也会意识到这一点的 |
[39:14] | if only the vengeful prize of Lallybroch | 只要他不要因为心存报复 |
[39:17] | was not dangling in front of his eyes. | 而老想着得到拉里布洛克这个战利品 |
[39:19] | And he would agree to neutrality. | 他会同意保持中立的 |
[39:26] | Jamie, ye were always headstrong, | 杰米 你一直都很固执 |
[39:29] | but ye were never reckless with the lives of others. | 但你绝不是那种那拿人性命来冒险的草率之徒 |
[39:33] | For yer sake, | 为了你自己 |
[39:34] | and for the sake of all you hold dear, | 为了所有你珍重的 |
[39:38] | do not make this bargain with that man. | 不要和那人做这个交易 |
[39:41] | Do not trade your home for a war ye canna win. | 不要为了一场不会赢的战争而失去自己的家 |
[39:45] | Will ye promise me that? | 你能跟我保证吗 |
[39:50] | I promise you, uncle. | 我向你保证 叔叔 |
[39:58] | I promise you… | 我向你保证 |
[40:00] | I will do what I must to save those things | 我会不惜一切代价 |
[40:03] | you and I hold most dear. | 来守护你我所珍重的 |
[40:29] | So nice of you to volunteer to show me the chapel, | 你愿意主动带我去教堂看看 真是太好了 |
[40:31] | Master Lovat. | 拉瓦特大人 |
[40:33] | I believe it was yer idea. | 我想是你先提出来的 |
[40:36] | It’s so peaceful here. | 这里真宁静 |
[40:37] | Do you plan to do much when you become laird? | 等你成为领主时 想有什么大作为吗 |
[40:40] | I’ve no’ given it much thought. | 这方面我还没想太多 |
[40:43] | My father’s still a vigorous man. | 我父亲如今依旧生龙活虎 |
[40:46] | Some have speculated he’s immortal. | 有人猜测他是不死之躯 |
[40:49] | And as ye may have noticed, | 你大概也注意到了 |
[40:52] | he doesn’t have much respect for me. | 他不是很尊重我 |
[40:55] | My husband confided in me | 我丈夫向我吐露过 |
[40:57] | that his father sometimes exposed him to public scorn, | 他父亲有时会当众嘲笑他 |
[41:00] | to make him a better leader of men. | 把他锤炼成更好的领导者 |
[41:02] | Oh, Laoghaire. | 里奥加尔 |
[41:08] | I hope we’re not disturbing you. | 希望我们没有打扰到你 |
[41:10] | Oh, no, Milady. | 没有 夫人 |
[41:11] | Just collecting some mushrooms for the cook. | 我只是在采些蘑菇来烹饪 |
[41:15] | I’d like a few private moments in the chapel. | 我想独自在教堂待一会 |
[41:18] | Do you mind waiting here for me? | 你能在这等等我吗 |
[41:22] | Oh, well, | 好的 |
[41:25] | if Mistress Laoghaire wouldn’t prefer her solitude… | 要是里奥加尔女士不想孤身一人的话 |
[41:28] | Oh, no, I’d welcome the company. | 当然 我希望有人陪着 |
[41:36] | It’s a dreich day. | 多阴沉的一天啊 |
[41:38] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[41:44] | Do you like mushrooms? | 你喜欢蘑菇吗 |
[41:45] | Not much, no. | 不太喜欢 |
[41:50] | I like poetry. | 我喜欢诗 |
[41:51] | So do I. | 我也是 |
[41:56] | “Though hurricanes rise, and rise every wind, | “即便狂风大作 骤然四起” |
[42:01] | “They’ll ne’er make a tempest like that in my mind. | “也难唤起我心中此般风雨” |
[42:04] | “Though loudest of thunder on louder waves roar, | “纵使浪滚惊雷 波涛咆哮” |
[42:08] | “That’s naething like leaving my love on the shore. | “也难比作别吾爱于故土之汹涌” |
[42:12] | – “To leave thee–” – Perhaps you’d like to sit down | -“离你而去” -也许你想过来 |
[42:14] | on the tree. | 坐在树上 |
[42:48] | Maisri. | 麦丝芮 |
[42:50] | It’s Claire Fraser. | 我是克莱尔·弗雷泽 |
[42:52] | We met in the corridor. | 我们在走廊上碰见过 |
[42:55] | Lord Lovat’s tenants do not like someone like me | 拉瓦特领主的佃户们可不希望我这样的人 |
[42:57] | in the house of God. | 出现在上帝的屋子里 |
[42:59] | This is the only place where my mind goes quiet. | 只有在这里我的内心才能平静下来 |
[43:03] | I don’t know why. | 我不知道为什么 |
[43:07] | They say you are a White Lady. | 他们说你是个白夫人 |
[43:11] | Yes, they do say that. | 是的 他们的确这样说 |
[43:13] | What brings you into a church, then? | 那你又为什么到这教堂来 |
[43:17] | It was cold outside. | 外面很冷 |
[43:22] | I’m glad to see that you’re doing all right. | 我很高兴看到你还好 |
[43:25] | Lord Lovat was so rough with you the other day. | 拉瓦特领主那天对你很苛刻 |
[43:27] | His Lordship is not an easy master. | 拉瓦特领主是个不好相处的领主 |
[43:30] | He asks what I see | 他问我看到了什么 |
[43:32] | and beats me when I tell him things that displease him. | 而当我说出令他不快的事时 又会打我 |
[43:34] | Does it always come to pass… | 你看到的那些事 |
[43:37] | the things that you see? | 总会应验吗 |
[43:39] | Mostly, aye, | 多数情况下 是的 |
[43:41] | although sometimes an action can change things. | 不过有些时候一个举动就可能改变事态 |
[43:46] | When I still lived in the village, | 当我还住在村子里时 |
[43:48] | I saw Lachlan Gibbons’ daughter’s man | 我看到拉克伦·吉本斯的女婿 |
[43:50] | wrapped in seaweed, | 被海草包裹着 |
[43:51] | and the eels stirring beneath his shirt. | 鳗鱼在他衣衫里面穿梭着 |
[43:54] | I told Lachlan what I’d seen, | 我告诉拉克伦我所见到的 |
[43:56] | and he went straight away | 他径直离开了 |
[43:58] | and stove a hole in the boy’s boat. | 在那孩子的船上凿了个洞 |
[44:00] | Lord, there was a stramash, | 天啊 当时发生了好一阵口角 |
[44:03] | a right to-do. | 争论他是否有权这么做 |
[44:05] | But when the great storm came the next week, | 但是一周后当暴风雨来临的时候 |
[44:08] | three men were drowned, | 有三个人被淹死了 |
[44:11] | and that boy was safe at home, | 而那孩子却在家安然无恙 |
[44:13] | still mending his boat. | 还在修着他的船 |
[44:17] | What did you see… | 在被拉瓦特领主 |
[44:19] | right before Lord Lovat threw you out? | 赶出来之前 你看到了什么 |
[44:22] | I promise, I won’t tell him that you told me. | 我发誓 我不会告诉他是你和我说的 |
[44:29] | He was standing there before the fire in his study, | 他站在他书房燃起的大火前 |
[44:32] | but it was daylight. | 但是那是在白天 |
[44:35] | A man stood behind him, | 一个男人站在他身后 |
[44:38] | still as a tree, | 像树一样静止不动 |
[44:40] | his face covered in black. | 黑色遮蔽了他的脸 |
[44:42] | And across His Lordship’s face, | 一把斧头的影子 |
[44:45] | there fell the shadow of an ax. | 在领主的脸上一闪而过 |
[44:50] | But if you told him, | 但是如果你告诉他 |
[44:52] | he could change his behavior, | 他就可能改变他的行为 |
[44:55] | perhaps change the outcome. | 也许还能改变结果 |
[44:56] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[44:58] | Or he might just kill the messenger. | 或者他可能直接把信使杀掉 |
[45:02] | Mistress Claire, where are ye? | 克莱尔夫人 你在哪 |
[45:07] | Mistress Claire? | 克莱尔夫人 |
[45:09] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就来 |
[45:15] | Where is young Simon? | 小西蒙去哪了 |
[45:17] | He ran off like a feart wee mouse. | 他像个受惊的小老鼠一样跑掉了 |
[45:19] | – What did you do? – Everything ye said. | -你都做了什么 -按你说的啊 |
[45:22] | I flattered him. | 我跟他调情 |
[45:23] | I told him how much I admired a man who made decisions, | 我告诉他我有多喜欢自己做决定的男人 |
[45:25] | who thought for himself. | 为自己着想的男人 |
[45:26] | I gave him a keek down the front of my dress, I– | 我让他往我裙子下边瞄了一眼 我 |
[45:28] | I told you it wasn’t about sex. | 我告诉过你这跟上床无关 |
[45:30] | No wonder he ran off. | 难怪他逃跑了 |
[45:32] | Well, other than reciting verse, | 除了背诗 |
[45:34] | he wasna doing much to hold up his end of the conversation. | 他根本就没什么话可说啊 |
[45:37] | I tried! | 我努力过了 |
[45:51] | – Jamie? – Aye. | -杰米 -在呢 |
[45:55] | Oh, I thought I’d find you in here. | 我就知道能在这找到你 |
[45:59] | More and more these days, | 这些天来我觉得 |
[46:01] | I think I’d prefer to be a beast. | 我越来越想变成头野兽 |
[46:05] | No luck with Colum, then? | 看样子卡伦那边没进展 |
[46:09] | No. | 没有 |
[46:11] | – And you, with young Simon? – No. | -你呢 小西蒙那边呢 -没有 |
[46:14] | I did find out what Maisri | 不过我知道了麦丝芮 |
[46:15] | wouldn’t tell Lord Lovat, though. | 不想告诉拉瓦特领主的事是什么 |
[46:18] | Aye? | 什么 |
[46:19] | She saw his death at the hands of an executioner. | 她看到了他死于刽子手手下 |
[46:22] | A traitor’s death. | 叛徒的死法 |
[46:23] | I dinna suppose she mentioned | 不知道她有没有提及 |
[46:25] | if the executioner was in the employ | 这刽子手是受雇于 |
[46:27] | of King George or King James? | 国王乔治还是詹姆斯 |
[46:29] | No, I’m afraid not. | 没有 |
[46:32] | I promised Colum | 我向卡伦保证 |
[46:36] | I’d do what I had to to save the Highlanders. | 我会尽我所能 保护高地人 |
[46:40] | So I must. | 所以我必须这么做 |
[46:42] | Jamie, it’s too much. | 杰米 这担子太重了 |
[46:44] | Let’s just go to Prince Charles | 我们直接带着拉里布洛克的人 |
[46:45] | with the men from Lallybroch. | 去找查尔斯王子吧 |
[46:46] | I canna go to the prince a failure. | 我不能以失败者的身份去找他 |
[46:49] | It seems I canna get the men from Lovat | 看来不交出我的土地 |
[46:51] | without giving him my land. | 就得不到拉瓦特的人马了 |
[46:52] | So, unless yer planning on declaring yerself | 所以除非你准备公开自己 |
[46:55] | a visitor from the future | 是个来自未来的拜访者 |
[46:57] | and describing what will happen if we dinna fight and win, | 并且说明如果我们不争取胜利的后果 |
[47:00] | then I dinna see I have much choice. | 否则我不知道我还有什么选择 |
[47:22] | I have had my secretary prepare a neutrality pact | 我已吩咐我的秘书准备了一个中立协定 |
[47:27] | between the Frasers of Lovat | 双方是拉瓦特的弗雷泽家族 |
[47:29] | and the MacKenzies of Leoch. | 和里奥克的麦肯齐家族 |
[47:36] | I have also had him prepare a deed of sasine | 我还让他准备了一份产权转让契约 |
[47:40] | for Lallybroch estate… | 把拉里布洛克城堡 |
[47:44] | assigning the property to me. | 转到我的名下 |
[47:48] | Sign it, | 签了它 |
[47:50] | and ye’ll have yer men for King James. | 你就可以得到给詹姆斯国王的人马 |
[47:54] | Don’t sign it, | 不签 |
[47:55] | and I’ll agree to neutrality with MacKenzie here. | 我就跟麦肯齐家族约定一起保持中立 |
[48:02] | Which will it be? | 你选哪个 |
[48:04] | Ye’ll let this boy decide the fate of Clan Lovat? | 你就让这个孩子决定拉瓦特家族的命运 |
[48:09] | He’s not even yer recognized heir. | 他都不是你承认的继承人 |
[48:11] | I have made this decision. | 我已经做好决定了 |
[48:13] | The boy is but an obstacle in my way. | 这孩子不过是我的一个绊脚石 |
[48:17] | What will it be, obstacle? | 选哪个呢 绊脚石 |
[48:21] | Dinna be a fool, Jamie. | 别犯傻 杰米 |
[48:34] | I do this | 我这样做 |
[48:36] | to ensure the future of my family and people. | 是为了保护我家族和人民的未来 |
[48:56] | – What are ye staring at? – Claire? | -你盯着什么看呢 -克莱尔 |
[49:03] | No! | 不 |
[49:05] | It’s another vision. | 另一个幻象 |
[49:08] | – Claire. – Leave her be. | -克莱尔 -别管她 |
[49:10] | Do no’ give me orders about my own wife! | 别命令我该怎么对待我妻子 |
[49:12] | Claire! Claire, Claire. | 克莱尔 克莱尔 |
[49:15] | – What did she see? – Jamie! | -她看到了什么 -杰米 |
[49:17] | What did ye see, witch? | 你看到了什么 女巫 |
[49:18] | – Stay back! – Oh, Lovat. | -后退 -拉瓦特 |
[49:21] | Can you not see this for the pretense that it is? | 你看不出来这是假装的吗 |
[49:23] | Pretense? | 假装 |
[49:25] | You know that she was tried as a witch | 你知道她被那些不明白 |
[49:28] | by those that dinna understand the difference between black magic | 黑魔法和古老力量的人们 |
[49:32] | and the power of the old ones. | 当作女巫审判过 |
[49:36] | What did she see? | 她看到了什么 |
[49:38] | You don’t need to answer him, Claire. | 你没必要回答她 克莱尔 |
[49:41] | She will if she wants to walk out of this room. | 如果她想走出这个房间 那她就得说 |
[49:47] | No, it’s all right, Jamie. | 不 没事 杰米 |
[49:58] | I saw you… | 我看见你 |
[50:03] | Standing in bright sunlight. | 站在阳光下 |
[50:09] | There was a man behind you. | 一个男人站在你身后 |
[50:13] | He was wearing a black hood, | 他穿着黑色兜帽 |
[50:16] | shadow of an ax across your face! | 你脸上划过一把斧头的影子 |
[50:21] | Whose man? | 谁的人 |
[50:24] | Whose executioner? | 谁的刽子手 |
[50:26] | King James or King George? | 国王詹姆斯还是乔治 |
[50:32] | I-I don’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[50:39] | The ground… | 地上 |
[50:41] | was covered in white roses. | 都覆盖着白玫瑰 |
[50:44] | The symbol of the Jacobites! | 詹姆斯二世党的标志 |
[50:47] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[50:50] | Witch! I’ll cut out yer tongue! | 女巫 我要切断你的喉咙 |
[50:53] | Stop! | 住手 |
[51:01] | How dare you thwart me, boy. | 你胆敢反对我 小子 |
[51:10] | You and MacKenzie are fearful old men. | 你和麦肯齐是担心的老人 |
[51:14] | And you’re wrong. | 你们错了 |
[51:17] | My cousin is right. | 我表哥说得对 |
[51:19] | It’s our duty to stand up for our country and our kinsmen. | 维护我们的国家和同族者是我们的职责 |
[51:25] | I will fight for King James. | 我会为了詹姆斯国王而战 |
[51:28] | I will fight to change the White Lady’s vision… | 我会战斗 来改变白夫人的幻象 |
[51:34] | Even if ye will not. | 就算你们不会 |
[52:02] | The Frasers of Lovat… | 拉瓦特的弗雷泽家族 |
[52:08] | will stand with the MacKenzies of Leoch. | 将和里奥克的麦肯齐家族保持一致 |
[52:12] | We will remain neutral in the war. | 我们将在战争中保持中立 |
[52:27] | I wish ye luck, my boy. | 祝你好运 孩子 |
[52:30] | Come, MacKenzie, let’s drink to our newly formed alliance. | 来吧 麦肯齐 为我们新成立的联盟干杯 |
[52:58] | I’m ready. | 我准备好了 |
[53:00] | Ye did well, young Simon. | 你做得很好 小西蒙 |
[53:02] | I’m proud to be yer kinsman. | 很骄傲做你的同族 |
[53:04] | And I’ll be proud to fight by yer side. | 我也很骄傲跟你并肩作战 |
[53:07] | I’ll wait for ye outside the gate. | 我在门外等你们 |
[53:08] | Aye. | 好 |
[53:10] | So we go to the prince empty-handed. | 我们空手去找王子 |
[53:12] | But at least we were able to save Lallybroch. | 但至少我们能拯救拉里布洛克 |
[53:14] | Aye. | 是的 |
[53:32] | Go back to yer home and yer family. | 回家去 回到家人身边 |
[53:34] | I told you, Uncle– I canna do that. | 我跟你说了 叔叔 我做不到 |
[53:39] | Can you not convince him to listen to reason and go home? | 你不能说服他听从道理回家去吗 |
[53:44] | You’ve known him longer than I have. | 你认识他的时间比我长 |
[53:46] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[53:47] | I think it’s a blessing | 我觉得这是幸事 |
[53:49] | that his mother didn’t live to see | 他的母亲没活着看到 |
[53:51] | what a reckless fool she spawned. | 她生了这样一个鲁莽的傻瓜 |
[53:58] | Give me your hand. | 把你的手给我 |
[54:35] | We must away as well, Claire. | 我们也得走了 克莱尔 |
[54:37] | I need to be in Kingussie by the end of the week. | 我得在周末之前赶去金尤西 |
[54:40] | Wait. | 等等 |
[54:41] | Before we go, there’s something that I need you to do for me. | 我们走之前 我需要你为我做一件事 |
[54:45] | Aye. | 好 |
[54:46] | Say thank you to Laoghaire. | 对里奥加尔说谢谢 |
[54:49] | Thank you? | 谢谢 |
[54:52] | For what? | 为什么 |
[54:54] | Not trying to have you arrested in the last few days? | 最近几天里没找人逮捕你吗 |
[54:56] | Please. Do it for me. | 拜托 为了我这样做吧 |
[54:59] | I’ll explain it all later. | 我稍后解释 |
[55:02] | Aye. | 好 |
[55:16] | I, uh… | 我 |
[55:21] | I’m told to thank ye. | 有人告诉我要谢谢你 |
[55:26] | For what, I dinna ken, but… | 我不知道原因 但是 |
[55:30] | thank you, Laoghaire. | 谢谢你 里奥加尔 |
[55:33] | I hope one day I can also earn yer forgiveness, Jamie. | 我希望有一天我也能获得你的原谅 杰米 |
[55:40] | And yer love. | 还有你的爱 |
[55:45] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[56:29] | Who are they? | 他们是谁 |
[56:35] | My father’s men. | 我父亲的手下 |
[56:38] | Hup, come on. | 驾 |
[56:41] | Go. Go on. Come. | 驾 |
[56:49] | Don’t sit there gaping at me, ye glaiket sumph! | 别坐在那瞪着眼看我 你这笨蛋 |
[56:52] | Go see to yer men! | 去照看你的手下 |
[57:00] | Turning that one into a soldier | 把他变成士兵 |
[57:02] | will be a greater feat than beating the British. | 比起打败英格兰是更大的成就 |
[57:06] | What vision do ye have for me now, White Lady? | 你现在看到了我的什么幻象 白夫人 |
[57:10] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[57:12] | Now it will seem my grandsire | 好像我的祖父 |
[57:14] | has sent his heir to fight. | 派他的继承人去参战了 |
[57:16] | The Stuarts will credit Lovat | 斯图尔特家族如果赢了 |
[57:18] | with supporting King James, should they win. | 将赞颂拉瓦特支持了詹姆斯国王 |
[57:20] | They canna execute me for treason. | 他们不能因为叛国罪处决我了 |
[57:24] | But what about the neutrality agreement? | 那中立协议呢 |
[57:26] | I trust old Colum MacKenzie is right. | 我相信老卡伦·麦肯齐是对的 |
[57:29] | And that will protect me if the British should win. | 如果英格兰人获胜了 那将保护我 |
[57:32] | What will you say about your son | 那你儿子为詹姆斯二世党而战 |
[57:33] | fighting for the Jacobites? | 你要怎么说 |
[57:34] | He’s his own man, that one. | 他有主见了 |
[57:36] | Ye saw it yourself last night. | 你昨晚也看见了 |
[57:38] | Persuaded others to follow. | 说服了其他人跟他一起 |
[57:41] | I thank ye, White Lady. | 我谢谢你 白夫人 |
[57:44] | I couldna have got it all without ye. | 没有你我没法得到一切 |
[57:46] | Ye didna get Lallybroch. | 你没得到拉里布洛克 |
[57:49] | Not yet. Aye. Come on. | 暂时没有 驾 |
[57:53] | Please… | 拜托 |
[57:55] | tell me I’m nothing like him, Sassenach. | 告诉我我跟他一点也不像 英格兰人 |
[57:58] | I’m afraid I have seen | 恐怕我看见了 |
[57:59] | a similarly devious turn of mind. | 相似的狡猾性情 |
[58:02] | I might have to rethink our agreement | 我也许得重新考虑 |
[58:04] | not to lie to one another. | 不跟对方说谎的协议 |
[58:11] | As we put distance between ourselves and Jamie’s loathsome grandfather, | 我们远离杰米令人憎恶的祖父时 |
[58:16] | my heart lightened. | 我的心情轻松了 |
[58:19] | We had Lovat’s men now. | 我们现在有了拉瓦特的人 |
[58:21] | Jamie would have the prince’s favor | 杰米将会得到王子的青睐 |
[58:23] | and at least the opportunity to steer the rebellion to victory. | 至少能有机会引导起义军取得胜利 |
[58:28] | Maisri had said we could change the future. | 麦丝芮说过我们可以改变未来 |
[58:31] | Perhaps we already had. | 也许我们已经改变了 |