时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | May I introduce Alexander Randall, | 这位是亚历山大·兰德尔 |
[00:04] | the younger brother of Captain Jonathan Randall. | 乔纳森·兰德尔队长的弟弟 |
[00:07] | Well, didn’t I see you talking to Mary Hawkins earlier? | 你之前是不是在跟玛丽·霍金斯聊天 |
[00:10] | You know her? Enchanting girl. | 你认识她吗 迷人的姑娘 |
[00:11] | You are unwell, Alex. | 你身体不好 亚历克斯 |
[00:13] | It’s not the future that Mary has envisioned for herself. | 这不是玛丽希望拥有的未来 |
[00:15] | You should set aside your feelings. | 你不该感情用事 |
[00:17] | Mary Hawkins and Jonathan Randall | 玛丽·霍金斯和乔纳森·兰德尔 |
[00:19] | were to have a child together. | 将会生下一个孩子 |
[00:20] | Alex and Mary simply could not be for Frank’s sake. | 为了弗兰克 亚历克斯和玛丽不能在一起 |
[00:24] | If we do not send men to fight, | 如果我们不派人去战斗 |
[00:26] | this rebellion will melt away. | 这次起义就会慢慢消散 |
[00:28] | Dougal. Colum change his mind then? | 杜格尔 卡伦改变主意了吗 |
[00:30] | Colum’s mind is his own. It’s no concern of mine. | 卡伦有自己的想法 不关我的事 |
[00:32] | We sail from France to fight a war. | 我们从法国来这里战斗 |
[00:35] | Let us fight. | 让我们战斗 |
[00:36] | Turns out you were right about Prestonpans. | 原来你对普雷斯顿潘斯的说法是对的 |
[00:38] | That means I’m also right about the disaster | 那也意味着我也说对了在克罗登 |
[00:40] | awaiting us at Culloden. | 等待我们的灾难 |
[00:42] | My Laird, is it true? Are we turning back? | 领主 是真的吗 我们要回去了吗 |
[00:44] | Aye, we’re going back across the border. | 是 我们要穿越边境回去 |
[00:46] | Home. | 回家 |
[02:34] | Where are we? | 我们到哪儿了 |
[02:37] | Just outside Inverness. | 刚出因弗内斯 |
[02:39] | Is that good? | 这算好事吗 |
[02:40] | We can rest here at least. | 至少我们能在这里休息一下 |
[02:43] | Very well. You look as if you need to sleep. | 很好 你看上去需要睡一觉 |
[02:53] | Adam! Smiths! | 亚当 史密斯 |
[03:07] | It was hard to believe that these were the same brave Highland warriors | 很难相信他们就是在普雷斯顿潘斯 |
[03:12] | who had beaten the British army at Prestonpans and Falkirk, | 和福尔柯克大胜英军 |
[03:16] | who had marched triumphantly into England. | 一路高歌挺进英格兰的高地勇士 |
[03:20] | Five months of retreat with not enough food and brutal weather | 撤退了五个月 并且缺乏粮食和恶劣的天气 |
[03:24] | had left them broken and demoralized. | 他们已经身心俱疲 士气低落 |
[03:27] | Our worst nightmare was coming true, | 我们最糟糕的噩梦成真了 |
[03:32] | and I felt completely helpless in the face of it. | 面对这一切 我感觉十分无力 |
[03:41] | Hey, take yer filthy hands off me. | 别拿你的脏手碰我 |
[03:45] | Say this for ye, Rupert, | 听我一言 鲁珀特 |
[03:47] | losing an eye hasna improved yer disposition any. | 瞎了一只眼让你越来越暴躁了 |
[03:53] | Well, what good is a rebellion that runs from a fight? | 从战场上逃脱还算什么起义 |
[03:57] | Ken what poor Angus would say? | 不知道可怜的安格斯会说什么 |
[04:00] | The same as poor Kincaid, I expect. | 我想应该和可怜的金凯德一样 |
[04:03] | “It’s time we turned– showed them our faces.” | “我们该掉头了 让他们看清我们的脸” |
[04:25] | Dougal… | 杜格尔 |
[04:28] | I ken yer men crave sleep, | 我知道你的人都很困倦 |
[04:30] | but I need you to take a patrol out, | 但我需要你派出一支侦察兵 |
[04:32] | locate the enemy. | 找出敌军的位置 |
[04:33] | Find out how close behind us they are. | 弄清楚他们离我们有多近 |
[04:35] | The horses’ll need feeding afore we set out. | 我们出发前得先把马喂饱 |
[04:38] | Aye. Take whatever we have left, | 好的 需要什么尽管用 |
[04:40] | but find the British army for us. | 但务必要找到英军 |
[04:42] | See that there’s food here when we return. | 确保我们回来能吃上东西 |
[04:44] | The men’s strength is dwindling on a bannock a day. | 士兵们现在每天只能靠一个饼充饥 |
[04:56] | Murtagh, Lord George will be | 穆塔夫 乔治大人要 |
[04:58] | calling a war council shortly. | 召开一个简短的作战会议 |
[05:02] | I need ye to ride to Inverness, fetch the prince. | 你赶紧骑马去因弗内斯 把王子接来 |
[05:05] | Ye’ll find him at Thunderton House, Batchen Lane. | 他在贝钦巷的桑德尔顿大宅 |
[05:07] | A war council, eh? | 作战会议 |
[05:10] | I think we three ken where that will lead. | 我觉得我们三个知道那会怎么样 |
[05:14] | Culloden Moor lies but a few miles east of here. | 往东几英里就是克罗登沼泽 |
[05:18] | 16th of April, ye said. | 你说4月16日 |
[05:21] | That’s when history records the battle. | 是历史上这场战争的日子 |
[05:27] | Three days from now. | 还有三天 |
[05:39] | All that work, | 所有努力 |
[05:41] | all that plotting, | 所有运筹 |
[05:45] | how the bloody hell did we end up here? | 我们怎么还是落到了这个下场 |
[05:50] | As ye say, Sassenach, | 正如你所说 英格兰人 |
[05:52] | it wasna from lack of trying. | 我们没有缺乏尝试 |
[05:56] | But dinna wave the white flag just yet. | 但是先别忙着举白旗 |
[05:59] | There’s still time to avoid the fight we canna win, | 我们还是有时间避免这场必败之战的 |
[06:03] | if I can make Charles see reason. | 只要我能让查尔斯明白事理 |
[06:08] | I must see to the welfare of the men. | 我要确保士兵的补给 |
[06:10] | Hopefully there’s something to eat in this Godforsaken place. | 希望这地方能有些吃的 |
[06:15] | I’ll need to go into Inverness, | 我得去一趟因弗内斯 |
[06:18] | see if I can replenish my medical supplies. | 看看能不能补充一些我的药物补给 |
[06:23] | I won’t be long. | 我很快就回来 |
[06:43] | Ginger, chamomile, and arsenic. | 姜 洋甘菊和砷 |
[06:48] | Will there be anything else, Miss? | 还需要些别的吗 小姐 |
[06:50] | A bottle of laudanum. | 一瓶鸦片酊 |
[06:52] | That’s the second bottle this week, Miss. | 这是您这周买的第二瓶 小姐 |
[06:55] | It’s a very strong medicine. | 这个药效果很强 |
[06:57] | A bottle of laudanum. Please. | 一瓶鸦片酊 谢谢 |
[07:00] | Mary? | 玛丽 |
[07:04] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[07:05] | What on earth are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[07:08] | I assume you’ve come with the Jacobite army. | 我想你应该是跟詹姆斯二世党军一起来的 |
[07:10] | Everyone seems to think there’ll be fighting soon. | 所有人都觉得马上要打仗了 |
[07:13] | Yes, that may be true. | 是的 可能的确如此 |
[07:16] | But why are you here? | 但你为什么在这里 |
[07:17] | We sent you home after what happened with the duke. | 公爵出事后我们就把你送回家了 |
[07:20] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:21] | And then Alex contacted me. | 然后亚历克斯联系了我 |
[07:25] | You heard me correctly, | 你没听错 |
[07:26] | I am here with Alex Randall. | 我跟亚历克斯·兰德尔一起来了这里 |
[07:29] | He got a position assisting the overseer | 他在因弗内斯附近的一个 |
[07:30] | of a large English estate near Inverness. | 英格兰大庄园中做监工 |
[07:33] | And I decided to join him. | 我决定和他一起 |
[07:35] | Alex and I are to be married. | 亚历克斯和我快结婚了 |
[07:40] | That’s wonderful. | 太棒了 |
[07:42] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[07:43] | You pretended to be my friend. | 你假装是我的朋友 |
[07:45] | I am your friend. | 我是你的朋友 |
[07:46] | Alex told me how you convinced him | 亚历克斯告诉我你说服他 |
[07:48] | that leaving me in Paris was in my best interest. | 在巴黎离开我才是对我最好的选择 |
[07:51] | He was in very poor health. | 他当时身体非常糟糕 |
[07:54] | And he had no prospects for employment; I– | 他根本没可能找到工作 我… |
[07:56] | Here’s your laudanum, Miss. | 你的鸦片酊 小姐 |
[07:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:03] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[08:05] | I’m sorry… | 我很抱歉 |
[08:07] | for any pain that I caused you or Alex. | 对你和亚历克斯造成这些痛苦 |
[08:10] | I shouldn’t have interfered. | 我不该干涉的 |
[08:12] | The situation, it was… | 当时的情况… |
[08:14] | it was complicated. | 很复杂 |
[08:18] | Is Alex all right? | 亚历克斯还好吗 |
[08:20] | He’s going to be fine. | 他会好的 |
[08:23] | I’m taking care of him now. | 我现在在照顾他 |
[08:24] | Our landlady has a sickly child, | 我们的女房东有一个多病的孩子 |
[08:26] | and she’s been advising me on proper medicines. | 我一直在她的建议下用药 |
[08:28] | I see. | 我懂了 |
[08:32] | Perhaps I could stop by? | 也许我能来拜访 |
[08:34] | To see Alex and to apologize. | 看看亚历克斯 来道歉 |
[08:38] | If you wish. | 如果你想来的话 |
[08:41] | We’ve taken a room at McGilvrey’s boarding house. | 我们住在麦吉尔夫雷旅店 |
[09:02] | Gentlemen, I have studied our situation carefully, | 先生们 我谨慎地研究了我们的形势 |
[09:06] | and our choice is clear: | 我们的选择很明显 |
[09:08] | the best spot to join battle with the enemy | 与敌人交战的最佳地点 |
[09:11] | is mere miles from where we now stand. | 距离我们只有几英里 |
[09:15] | Culloden Moor. | 克罗登沼泽 |
[09:17] | – Are we agreed? – Aye. | -各位同意吗 -同意 |
[09:21] | That is the perfect spot… | 这是完美的地点 |
[09:23] | for the British. | 对英格兰人来说 |
[09:26] | With that, I do agree. | 我同意这点 |
[09:27] | Culloden Moor is flat, plain ground, sir. | 克罗登沼泽是平坦的平原 先生 |
[09:32] | Without sufficient cavalry and artillery, | 没有足够的骑兵和炮兵 |
[09:34] | our lines will be smashed to pieces | 我们的军队在与敌人交战之前 |
[09:36] | before our troops can even engage the enemy. | 阵型就会被冲得粉碎 |
[09:38] | Aye, Clan Fraser, perhaps. | 弗雷泽家族也许会吧 |
[09:40] | But the MacDonalds will get the job done. | 但是麦克唐纳家族会完成任务 |
[09:41] | Aye, and the Camerons. | 对 卡梅隆家族也是 |
[09:44] | With all due respect, | 无意冒犯 |
[09:46] | why fight at all? | 为什么非要交战 |
[09:52] | I implore you, Your Royal Highness, | 我恳求您 王子殿下 |
[09:56] | walk the camp. | 巡视一下营地 |
[09:57] | See for yourself | 亲眼看看 |
[09:59] | the poor state of your army. | 您军队的糟糕状况 |
[10:02] | The men are too exhausted to fight a major battle. | 人们太疲惫了 无法打一场大仗 |
[10:06] | I refuse to listen to any more of this coward’s talk! | 我拒绝再听这个懦夫说话 |
[10:09] | Enough. | 够了 |
[10:13] | There is still the matter of the French gold. | 还有法国金子 |
[10:17] | A large shipment, you may recall, | 一大批货物 你们也许还记得 |
[10:21] | supposedly sailed from the continent. | 应该已从欧洲大陆启航 |
[10:25] | With such funds, we can secure food and weapons. | 有了这笔资金 我们就可以确保食物和武器 |
[10:29] | While we wait for its arrival, | 在我们等待金子抵达时 |
[10:31] | we split the army into smaller units, | 我们将军队分成小队 |
[10:33] | making it more difficult for the British to follow. | 让英格兰军队很难追踪 |
[10:36] | Then, when our men are well rested | 然后 当我们的人休息充足 |
[10:39] | and have the supplies they need, | 得到他们需要的补给时 |
[10:41] | we choose the better ground | 我们就选择更好的地点 |
[10:45] | to fight upon | 来交战 |
[10:47] | and defeat our enemy once and for all. | 一次性打败我们的敌人 |
[10:58] | James… | 詹姆斯 |
[11:00] | you are my most loyal companion and friend. | 你是我最忠诚的同伴和朋友 |
[11:13] | But I am not some frightened hare | 但我不是什么胆小的野兔 |
[11:16] | to be run down by a pack of British hounds. | 被一群英格兰猎犬追着跑 |
[11:20] | I am a man. | 我是一个男人 |
[11:22] | And I am a soldier. | 我是一个战士 |
[11:25] | And I shall comport myself as one. | 我要言行如一 |
[11:32] | I’m weary of retreat. | 我受够逃跑了 |
[11:42] | The men will rest, | 让士兵休息 |
[11:44] | and then we shall march to Culloden. | 然后我们向克罗登进军 |
[11:48] | Gentlemen, | 先生们 |
[11:50] | God will provide for us. | 上帝会保佑我们 |
[11:54] | We do His bidding. | 我们在为他而战 |
[11:57] | May He have mercy on us all. | 愿他保佑我们所有人 |
[12:28] | I’ve dissolved some more arsenic in this tea. | 我在茶里下了更多砒霜 |
[12:32] | Mary, arsenic will bring color to his cheeks, | 玛丽 砒霜会让他面色好转 |
[12:34] | but it won’t help his cough. | 但不能止咳 |
[12:43] | Madame Fraser. | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[12:46] | How good it is to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[12:49] | And you, Alex. | 我也是 亚历克斯 |
[12:50] | Save your breath. | 省口气吧 |
[12:53] | She’s right. | 她说的对 |
[12:56] | I’ll prepare a poultice | 我会准备泥敷剂 |
[12:58] | to ease the muscles on your chest and back. | 来放松你胸部和背部的肌肉 |
[13:08] | Johnny. | 大乔 |
[13:11] | You remember Madame Fraser. | 你还记得弗雷泽夫人吧 |
[13:20] | You said nothing about another visit | 你在最后一封信中没提过 |
[13:21] | in your last letter. | 你会再来拜访 |
[13:24] | And where is your uniform? | 你的制服呢 |
[13:26] | I was granted leave to see you. | 我获准离开见你 |
[13:29] | I didn’t want to attract attention. | 我不想引来注意 |
[13:33] | So good to see you, Johnny. | 很高兴看到你 大乔 |
[13:48] | You’re not leaving, are you? | 你不会离开 对吧 |
[13:52] | I don’t know what would have become of us without John. | 我不知道没了约翰我们会变成什么样 |
[13:55] | What do you mean? | 你是什么意思 |
[13:56] | Alex has been unable to work for weeks. | 亚历克斯好几周都没法工作 |
[13:58] | We would be completely destitute | 如果不是约翰为我们付账单 |
[13:59] | if it wasn’t for John paying our bills. | 我们会变得完全穷困潦倒 |
[14:03] | When do you think he’ll be able to get back to work again? | 你觉得他什么时候能再去工作 |
[14:07] | Mary… | 玛丽 |
[14:10] | I think you need to start | 我觉得你应该开始 |
[14:12] | making reparations with your family | 向你的家人赔罪了 |
[14:16] | so you have somewhere to go when Alex– | 这样你就有地方去了 等亚历克斯… |
[14:17] | When Alex what? | 等亚历克斯怎样 |
[14:21] | He won’t be going back to work. | 他没法再去工作了 |
[14:24] | He can’t be cured. I’m sorry. | 他无法被治愈 我很抱歉 |
[14:28] | Bu–but he must be cured. | 但是他必须被治愈 |
[14:37] | Oh, God, Mary, | 天啊 玛丽 |
[14:39] | are you pregnant? | 你怀孕了吗 |
[14:43] | Does Alex know? | 亚历克斯知道吗 |
[14:45] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:47] | – And John. – Mary. | -约翰也知道 -玛丽 |
[14:54] | Alex is asking for you. | 亚历克斯要见你 |
[15:12] | Madame Fraser. | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[15:16] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[15:20] | Do not take your animus for me out on my brother. | 别因为我对我弟弟持有敌意 |
[15:23] | Alex has not drawn an easy breath in weeks. | 亚历克斯好几周没有轻松喘过气了 |
[15:26] | His youth and vigor are drowning in blood and phlegm. | 他的青春和活力被血瘀浓痰所淹没 |
[15:30] | Cure him. | 治愈他 |
[15:31] | As I’ve explained to Mary, | 我也跟玛丽解释过了 |
[15:33] | I cannot help him. | 我救不了他 |
[15:36] | What are you saying? | 你是什么意思 |
[15:38] | Alex can’t be cured. | 亚历克斯无法被治愈 |
[15:45] | But you can ease his pain. | 但是你能减轻他的痛苦 |
[15:53] | I do not ask for myself. | 我这么做不是为了自己 |
[15:56] | I ask for my brother and Mary | 我是为了我弟弟和玛丽 |
[15:59] | and their unborn child. | 还有他们未出生的孩子 |
[16:06] | If I am to attend your brother, | 如果你想让我照料他 |
[16:09] | then I want something in exchange. | 那我们就做个交易 |
[16:15] | You will tell me where Cumberland’s army is. | 告诉我坎伯兰的军队在哪 |
[16:18] | My. | 天啊 |
[16:21] | You would barter over an innocent man’s suffering? | 你竟会拿一个无辜之人的痛苦做交易 |
[16:25] | Madame Fraser, you impress me. | 弗雷泽夫人 真厉害 |
[16:29] | The woman I am now is not the woman I once was, | 我如今已不是从前的我了 |
[16:32] | Captain Randall. | 兰德尔队长 |
[16:35] | We’ll never rid ourselves of that man. | 我们永远都摆脱不掉那个男人 |
[16:38] | But perhaps this time, his presence in our life | 但也许这次遇见他 |
[16:40] | – will be good for us. – Nairn. | -对我们有好处 -奈恩 |
[16:42] | Are you sure that’s what Randall said? | 你确定兰德尔是这么说的吗 |
[16:44] | That Cumberland’s army is encamped at Nairn? | 坎伯兰的军队驻扎在奈恩 |
[16:47] | Yes. | 是 |
[16:51] | That’s only 12 miles from here. | 那里离这里只有12英里 |
[16:53] | And he said that two nights from now, | 他说两天后的晚上 |
[16:55] | there’ll be a celebration for Cumberland’s birthday there. | 那里将举行坎伯兰的庆生会 |
[17:03] | Well, that’s very interesting information indeed, Sassenach, | 这个消息确实很有用 英格兰人 |
[17:08] | if it’s true. | 前提是消息可靠 |
[17:09] | I actually believe him. | 我真的相信他 |
[17:12] | Normally, I wouldn’t, but he seemed desperate. | 通常我不会 但感觉他不顾一切了 |
[17:15] | And we could confirm it, couldn’t we? | 我们能确认消息的可靠性吧 |
[17:17] | Aye. | 是 |
[17:19] | Aye. | 是 |
[17:23] | I want to go back and tend to Alex. | 我想回去照顾亚历克斯 |
[17:26] | I know it’s a small act | 考虑到面临的一切 |
[17:27] | in light of everything we’re facing here, | 做这种事实属微不足道 |
[17:29] | but I believe I owe Mary that much. | 但这是我欠玛丽的 |
[17:30] | And what if Alex dies in your care? | 如果亚历克斯在你的照料下病逝呢 |
[17:34] | What’s to stop that evil bastard brother of his | 你怎么知道那个恶毒的混蛋哥哥 |
[17:36] | sending you into the next world after him? | 不会让你陪葬呢 |
[17:38] | Murtagh could go with me. | 可以让穆塔夫陪我去 |
[18:09] | Here, on yer feet, ye lazy swine. | 赶紧站起来 你个懒猪 |
[18:11] | What? | 怎么了 |
[18:12] | Would ye be so kind as to tell me | 你能告诉我 |
[18:13] | what the MacKenzie’s doing here? | 麦肯齐怎么来了吗 |
[18:17] | If I knew, I would. | 我也不知道啊 |
[18:58] | It’s good to see some familiar faces. | 见到几个熟人真好啊 |
[19:03] | I was sorry to hear about Angus’ death. | 很遗憾听说安格斯去世了 |
[19:07] | I always thought when that wee bastard fell, | 我一直以为那个小混蛋死了 |
[19:09] | that you would fall with him. | 你会与他结伴赴黄泉 |
[19:13] | So did I. | 我也这么以为 |
[19:28] | Well, how long am I to stand here | 我都这身子骨了 |
[19:30] | on these rickety sticks of mine? | 还要站多久 |
[19:33] | Find me a bed to rest on. | 给我找张床休息 |
[19:37] | Bring me my brother and my nephew. | 把我弟弟和我侄子带来见我 |
[19:56] | Ye’re wasting yer time | 你这么戳来戳去 |
[19:58] | with all this prodding and poking. | 根本是在浪费时间 |
[20:03] | The healer who took your place at Leoch, | 在里奥克接你班的医生 |
[20:05] | he’s been looking more and more dour these past few weeks. | 他的表情最近几周越来越阴沉了 |
[20:10] | With good reason, I’m afraid. | 你这病情 也难怪他会那样 |
[20:13] | I’ve been dying for years. | 我都病入膏肓好几年了 |
[20:16] | It’s a wearisome process. | 这个过程真累人啊 |
[20:20] | I welcome its conclusion. | 终于盼到头了 |
[20:25] | Is that why ye travelled all this way, | 所以你才拖着孱弱的身子 |
[20:27] | in yer weakened condition? | 大老远过来了吗 |
[20:32] | To hurry your death along? | 让自己快点见阎王吗 |
[20:35] | It would appear my brother still gets satisfaction | 看来我弟弟还是很享受 |
[20:39] | from keeping me waiting. | 让我等他啊 |
[20:41] | Dougal isna in camp at present. | 杜格尔此刻不在营中 |
[20:44] | He’s leading a scout. | 他负责侦察队 |
[20:50] | I always said ye were a smart lad. | 我一直都说你是个聪明的小子 |
[20:54] | Give my brother enough authority to keep him content, | 给予他足够的权力 让他满意 |
[21:01] | but not enough to allow him to grab for more. | 但又不足以让他争夺更多的权力 |
[21:06] | It’s as if ye read my mind. | 你看透了我的心思啊 |
[21:16] | While we await his return, | 我等他回来这会儿 |
[21:18] | I shall speak with Claire in private. | 我跟克莱尔单独谈谈吧 |
[21:27] | I’ll be close by, | 有什么事 |
[21:30] | if needed. | 就叫我 |
[21:39] | Here. | 来 |
[21:45] | My good lad. | 这小子真不错 |
[21:48] | I commend ye on such an admirable marriage, Claire. | 你的婚姻真令人称羡 克莱尔 |
[21:56] | I remember a time when you found our union less agreeable. | 我记得你以前不赞成我们的结合 |
[22:00] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[22:04] | That’s one of the pleasures of dying. | 这是将死之人的乐趣之一 |
[22:08] | I can finally admit my mistakes. | 我终于能承认自己的错误了 |
[22:12] | It also makes it easier to ask for favors. | 也能轻易开口求人了 |
[22:18] | And I need one from you, Claire. | 我有件事想求你 克莱尔 |
[22:24] | My pain, | 我的痛苦 |
[22:26] | it grows more tedious by the day. | 日益加重了 |
[22:29] | I’m sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[22:31] | I’ll get you some laudanum. | 我给你拿些鸦片酊 |
[22:32] | Laudanum, no, no. | 鸦片酊 不不 |
[22:36] | Laudanum just dulls the senses. | 鸦片酊只能麻木知觉而已 |
[22:41] | I would prefer something more final. | 我想要更绝一点的办法 |
[23:04] | Isn’t suicide a sin? | 自杀不是犯罪吗 |
[23:08] | What’s one more sin to a sinner? | 我本就是罪人 多加条罪又何妨 |
[23:15] | Geillis Duncan gave her husband a quick death. | 格列斯·邓肯给了她丈夫一个痛快 |
[23:20] | I would welcome the same. | 我也想要 |
[23:24] | It may have been quick, | 这样是很快 |
[23:27] | but death by cyanide poisoning | 但是被氰化物毒死 |
[23:31] | is an agonizing way to end one’s life. | 是一种非常痛苦的死法 |
[23:34] | I leave the details to you. | 这种细节就别跟我说了 |
[23:38] | I trust that you will give me a kinder death | 我相信你会让我死得好受些 |
[23:41] | than that bitch gave poor Arthur. | 不会像那个贱人对亚瑟那样 |
[23:43] | Do not speak ill of my friend Geillis. | 别诋毁我朋友格列斯 |
[23:51] | Memories… | 回忆 |
[23:54] | they remain raw even longer than wounds. | 伤口会愈合 回忆却不会褪色 |
[24:00] | But I have a piece of news to ease yer mind. | 我有个消息能让你宽心些 |
[24:05] | Geillis’ bairn lives. | 格列斯的孩子还活着 |
[24:12] | How? | 怎么会 |
[24:13] | Geillis wasn’t burned until after the bairn was born. | 格列斯是生下孩子后才被火烧死的 |
[24:21] | A boy. | 一个男孩 |
[24:24] | Where is he now? | 他如今在哪里 |
[24:25] | He’s with William MacKenzie and Sarah. | 威廉姆·麦肯齐与莎拉养着他 |
[24:28] | They have no children of their own. | 他们自己没孩子 |
[24:33] | Does Dougal know? | 杜格尔知道吗 |
[24:36] | I’ve never heard him mention the child. | 我从没听他提起过那个孩子 |
[24:38] | The boy is but one more mistake | 这个男孩只不过是又一个 |
[24:41] | my brother has to live with. | 我弟弟需要忍受的错误 |
[25:19] | This is yellow jasmine. | 这是黄茉莉 |
[25:22] | It will be like drifting off into a deep sleep. | 会让你感觉像是渐渐沉睡 |
[25:31] | For when you’re ready. | 你准备好了就可以服用 |
[25:42] | For what it’s worth, | 无论如何 |
[25:45] | y-you have my deepest gratitude. | 我深深地感激你 |
[25:55] | Breathe. | 呼吸 |
[26:00] | What are you doing? | 你做什么 |
[26:02] | Mary, light a taper. | 玛丽 点根灯芯 |
[26:05] | Alex. | 亚历克斯 |
[26:13] | He can’t smoke that. | 他不能抽这个 |
[26:14] | It’s a mixture of coltsfoot and thornapple. | 这是款冬蒲公英和曼陀罗的混合物 |
[26:16] | – It will help open his airway. – He can barely breathe. | -能帮助打开他的气管 -他几乎不能呼吸 |
[26:18] | This will help him breathe. | 这能帮助他呼吸 |
[26:20] | Trust me. I know what I’m doing. | 相信我 我知道我在做什么 |
[26:23] | – Mary, I need you to hold this. – No. No, no. | -玛丽 我要你拿着这个 -不不不 |
[26:25] | Please. | 拜托 |
[26:29] | Hold this up to his face. | 放在他的脸上 |
[26:31] | Cover both his nose and his mouth. | 盖住他的口鼻 |
[26:37] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[26:41] | Okay, breathe it in. Breathe it in. | 好的 吸进去 吸进去 |
[26:43] | Breathe deeply. | 深呼吸 |
[26:45] | That’s it. One more time. | 没错 再来一次 |
[26:49] | Slowly, Alex. | 慢点 亚历克斯 |
[26:57] | – Inhale. – Breathe it deeply. | -吸进去 -深呼吸 |
[27:00] | – Okay, one more. – Deep and slow. | -好的 再来一次 -缓慢深呼吸 |
[27:08] | Deep and slow. | 缓慢深呼吸 |
[27:10] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[27:26] | It’s all right. | 没事了 |
[27:28] | Mary. | 玛丽 |
[27:36] | You’re okay. | 你没事了 |
[27:41] | Here you go. | 没事了 |
[27:44] | There. | 乖 |
[27:48] | There, there. | 没事了 没事了 |
[27:49] | Madame Fraser. | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[27:58] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[28:00] | He’s in pain. | 他很痛苦 |
[28:03] | Yes, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[28:06] | Perhaps a bit more arsenic. | 我们也许可以再加一点砷 |
[28:08] | No more arsenic. | 别再加砷了 |
[28:09] | It won’t do any good. | 这没有益处 |
[28:11] | Laudanum if he needs to sleep. | 如果他需要睡眠 加鸦片酊 |
[28:17] | But there’s nothing more I can do. | 但我已经尽力了 |
[28:20] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:24] | Sorry? We had an agreement. | 抱歉 我们有协议 |
[28:26] | You said you would help him. | 你说过你会帮助他 |
[28:27] | I am helping to ease his pain, | 我的确在帮助他减缓痛苦 |
[28:30] | but I can’t cure him. | 但我不能治愈他 |
[28:31] | If ye need to vent yer frustration, | 如果你要发泄你的挫折感 |
[28:33] | then I’ll happily oblige ye. | 我会很乐意帮忙 |
[28:35] | Stop it, both of you. | 停下 你们都停下 |
[28:38] | Johnny. | 大乔 |
[28:43] | Johnny. | 大乔 |
[28:54] | Alex, what is it? | 亚历山大 怎么了 |
[28:58] | I must ask you to do something for me, | 我要请你为我 为我们 |
[29:02] | for us. | 做一件事 |
[29:05] | Anything. | 乐意效劳 |
[29:07] | Know that I do not ask this lightly, | 要知道这是我郑重的请求 |
[29:10] | but for the sake of your love for me… | 看在你对我的爱上… |
[29:15] | Alex, I won’t let Mary or the child want for anything. | 亚历克斯 我不会亏待玛丽或孩子 |
[29:19] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[29:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[29:27] | I’ve sent for the minister. | 我找了牧师 |
[29:30] | The minister? | 牧师 |
[29:32] | No, no, the last rites, | 不 最后的仪式 |
[29:35] | not just yet. | 还没到 |
[29:39] | For your wedding. | 是为你的婚礼 |
[29:43] | My wedding? | 我的婚礼 |
[29:47] | You and Mary, dear brother. | 你和玛丽的 亲爱的哥哥 |
[29:57] | I need you to look after her, Johnny. | 我要你照顾她 大乔 |
[30:03] | We want… | 我们想要… |
[30:05] | our child to have the Randall name. | 一个冠了兰德尔姓的孩子 |
[30:08] | Alex, you can do that by marrying her yourself. | 亚历克斯 你自己娶她就可以了 |
[30:11] | Of course, I will see that she is taken care of. | 当然 我会好好照顾她 |
[30:14] | As her–her husband, | 作为她的丈夫 |
[30:16] | you can give Mary and our child | 你可以给玛丽和我们的孩子 |
[30:18] | some position in the world, | 一些地位 |
[30:22] | so much more than I could. | 比我能给的多得多 |
[30:30] | I commend the well being | 我把对我而言 |
[30:33] | of those most precious to me… | 最珍贵的那些人 |
[30:37] | to the one I have loved the longest. | 交给我爱得最久的人照顾了 |
[30:59] | You think I am unaware of the density of the dark wall you have built | 你以为我不知道你为了保护自己不受伤 |
[31:04] | to protect your better self from the world? | 而被迫建立了厚厚的黑暗之墙 |
[31:09] | But I have borne witness to your tenderness. | 但我也见证了你的柔软 |
[31:13] | I’ve been the beneficiary of your generous soul. | 我就是你那慷慨灵魂的受益者 |
[31:17] | That inner man is the one | 你内心的那个人 |
[31:20] | whom I entrust my love… | 是我托付挚爱和孩子的 |
[31:24] | and my child. | 那个人 |
[31:31] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:35] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[31:37] | Captain Randall. | 兰德尔队长 |
[31:39] | Where the hell are ye going? | 你要去哪里 |
[31:40] | Claire, please! | 克莱尔 拜托 |
[31:42] | Go after him. I need to speak with him. | 去追他 我要和他说话 |
[31:44] | Please. | 求你了 |
[31:45] | Coming. | 来了 |
[31:48] | Hold it up to his face again. | 再把它罩在他脸上 |
[31:53] | One more time, breathe. | 再来一次 呼吸 |
[31:57] | Dougal, what news? | 杜格尔 有什么新闻 |
[32:01] | The British are camped at Nairn. | 英格兰军在奈恩驻扎 |
[32:04] | – So I’ve been told. – Oh, have ye? | -有人是这么告诉我的 -是吗 |
[32:06] | I wish ye could have been told | 我希望你能在我骑了那么多马之前 |
[32:07] | before I did all that hard riding. | 就知道这件事了 |
[32:09] | I understand the British are planning to throw a party | 我知道英格兰军策划着举办派对 |
[32:11] | in celebration of Cumberland’s 25th birthday. | 庆祝坎伯兰25岁生日 |
[32:14] | Well, we saw no such preparations. | 我们没看到准备工作 |
[32:16] | Where did ye get the information? | 你从哪里得到的情报 |
[32:17] | Given to Claire by a British officer. | 一个英格兰军官告诉克莱尔的 |
[32:21] | Jonathan Wolverton Randall. | 乔纳森·沃弗顿·兰德尔 |
[32:23] | Black Jack Randall? | 黑杰克兰德尔 |
[32:25] | Well, there’s a tale behind that meeting, to be sure. | 这会面背后肯定有故事 |
[32:28] | And we’re not giving that bastard’s word credence? | 我们不会就这样信了这个混蛋的话 |
[32:30] | No, not on its own. | 不 单凭他的话我们不会相信 |
[32:33] | I’ve sent scouts to Inverness. | 我已经派人去因弗内斯打探情况了 |
[32:35] | It seems British commissary officers have been seen | 似乎有人看到英格兰的后勤官们 |
[32:38] | purchasing wine and sweet meats. | 在购买红酒和糖果了 |
[32:40] | Food and drink is all I’ve been thinking about | 这一路上我可光惦记着 |
[32:42] | on the ride back. | 食物和酒了 |
[32:47] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[32:48] | There’s little sustenance here, I’m afraid. | 恐怕这里是没什么食物了 |
[32:51] | You’ll have to postpone partaking even in that. | 就算只有这些 你也得过会再吃了 |
[32:53] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:54] | My belly’s crying out to be fed. | 我的肚子饿得都咕咕叫了 |
[32:57] | Colum has arrived. | 卡伦到了 |
[33:04] | I canna believe yer encouraging this madness, | 我真不敢相信你居然鼓励这种疯狂行为 |
[33:06] | all to save goddamned Frank Randall. | 全是为了救那该死的弗兰克·兰德尔 |
[33:09] | Hasn’t enough suffering been had | 为了拯救那个虚构的混蛋 |
[33:11] | in the name of saving that mythical prick? | 我们承受的苦难还不够多吗 |
[33:13] | Frank is neither a myth nor a prick. | 弗兰克不是虚构的也不是个混蛋 |
[33:16] | Oh, well, by all means, then, | 那我们就尽一切办法 |
[33:18] | let us hand over the lamb to be a plaything | 奉上羔羊 供那个变态的 |
[33:21] | for that twisted, black-hearted wolf. | 心怀歹毒的恶狼消遣 |
[33:23] | Look, I realize it may seem like I’ve made a deal | 听着 我知道这看起来像是 |
[33:26] | with the devil himself, | 我和恶魔做了个交易 |
[33:27] | but Mary Hawkins needs a husband. | 但是玛丽·霍金斯需要一个丈夫 |
[33:30] | Otherwise she and the child will be starving on the streets | 否则她和她的孩子就要在街头忍饥挨饿 |
[33:32] | and destitute. | 一生穷困潦倒 |
[33:36] | Then I will marry her. | 那我来娶她 |
[33:45] | She’s not the sort of woman I’d ever imagine fer myself, | 她不是我梦寐以求的那种女人 |
[33:48] | not that I spend much time doing that, mind ye. | 我没有整天瞎想 别想歪 |
[33:52] | And I’m hardly the kind she fancies, | 我也不是她能看得上的那种人 |
[33:55] | if that soft lump Alex Randall is any indication. | 看那软蛋亚历克斯·兰德尔也能猜得出来 |
[34:01] | But we could learn to get along. | 不过我们可以学着相处 |
[34:05] | People do. | 大家都这样 |
[34:08] | I’ve never been a father, | 我没当过父亲 |
[34:10] | but Jamie’s parents, | 但是杰米的父母 |
[34:13] | they chose me to be his godfather, | 选择了我做他的教父 |
[34:16] | and I’ve watched over him. | 我也一直照看着他 |
[34:19] | He didn’t turn out too badly. | 他长成了个好小伙子 |
[34:24] | You’ve been a wonderful godfather to him. | 你一直是个很好的教父 |
[34:27] | Mary and the baby would be lucky to have you. | 如果能有你是玛丽和孩子的运气 |
[34:31] | But? | 但是 |
[34:32] | We’re at war. | 我们身处战争 |
[34:35] | You could end up dead tomorrow or the next day, | 你可能明天就阵亡了 或者后天 |
[34:39] | and then where would they be? | 那时他们该怎么办 |
[34:42] | Captain Randall could share the same fate, God willing. | 兰德尔队长也难逃这种命运 上帝保佑 |
[34:45] | Yes, but as Randall’s widow, | 是的 但是作为兰德尔的遗孀 |
[34:48] | she’d be entitled to his property | 她有权继承他的财产 |
[34:49] | and his officer’s pension. | 以及他作为军官的抚恤金 |
[34:51] | Plus he has a family pedigree and a station | 加上他的家族血脉和地位 |
[34:53] | that her father might find acceptable enough | 足够让他父亲接受她 |
[34:55] | to let her come home. | 回到家里 |
[34:57] | More acceptable than a broken down Highlander | 比一个身体糟糕 无家可归 |
[35:00] | with no home and no two sticks to rub together, eh? | 还揭不开锅的高地人更容易接受 对吧 |
[35:04] | I’m sorry to say, but yes. | 虽然这么说不好 但的确如此 |
[35:07] | Aye. | 好吧 |
[35:10] | This is the place. | 就是这里了 |
[35:14] | Well, wait here. | 在这等我 |
[35:15] | I feel it might go better if I went alone. | 我感觉自己进去会好一些 |
[36:00] | What kind of God creates a world | 什么样的神创造了这世界 |
[36:02] | where monsters thrive, | 里面怪胎恶魔疯狂生长 |
[36:06] | beauty and purity is rewarded | 而至美和纯真却只配得到 |
[36:07] | with poverty and death? | 贫穷和死亡 |
[36:12] | The same God that also offers an opportunity for redemption. | 这个神同样也提供了赎罪的机会 |
[36:21] | You have to help me | 你得帮我 |
[36:23] | persuade him to give this up. | 说服他放弃这件事 |
[36:27] | Alex must marry the girl himself, | 亚历克斯必须亲自迎娶那姑娘 |
[36:29] | give the child a father and a name. | 做那孩子的父亲 给他起个名字 |
[36:33] | I will see that she is taken care of, but I– | 我会保证有人照顾她 但是我 |
[36:34] | And what happens to Mary when you’re not alive to do that? | 在你死后 玛丽将何去何从 |
[36:46] | Your curse. | 你的诅咒 |
[36:49] | April 16th, 1746. | 1746年4月16日 |
[36:54] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:56] | The date of your death. | 你的死期 |
[37:00] | Merely days away. | 所剩时日不多了 |
[37:04] | And as your sister-in-law, Mary is entitled to nothing, | 作为你的弟媳 玛丽什么都得不到 |
[37:07] | but as your widow– | 但如果作为你的遗孀 |
[37:08] | What if your curse proves untrue | 要是你的诅咒无效 |
[37:11] | and the world continues as it always has? | 这世界照常运转 又会怎样 |
[37:14] | The pure of heart choking to death on their own blood, | 纯洁之心溺毙于自己的鲜血之中 |
[37:17] | helped there, perhaps, | 也许是因为 |
[37:22] | by the monsters that walk among them. | 行走于她们之间的恶魔做了帮凶 |
[37:26] | Have you ever harmed your brother? | 你曾伤害过你的弟弟吗 |
[37:28] | Never. | 从来没有 |
[37:31] | Perhaps that immunity will also extend | 也许这种豁免能惠及到 |
[37:34] | to those he holds most dear. | 他所珍爱的那些人 |
[37:36] | Mm, perhaps. | 也许 |
[37:40] | Is that good enough for you? | 这对你来说就够好了 |
[37:44] | Sometimes that’s all we get. | 有时我们也会别无所求 |
[37:55] | Did he never tell you | 他从未告诉过你 |
[37:58] | the things I did to him in that room? | 在那个房间我对他的所作所为吗 |
[38:08] | Yes. | 告诉过 |
[38:14] | I know the sound he makes at the last, | 我记得当他最后失去神志的时候 |
[38:16] | when he has lost himself. | 发出的声音 |
[38:23] | And I regret none of it. | 我对此毫不后悔 |
[38:28] | The pain, | 那种痛苦 |
[38:30] | fear, | 恐惧 |
[38:34] | I revel in it. | 我陶醉其中 |
[38:38] | Do you really want Mary in my bed? | 你真的想让玛丽和我同床共枕 |
[38:43] | Help me… | 帮帮我 |
[38:48] | persuade my brother to give this up. | 说服我弟弟放弃此事 |
[38:58] | Alex will not listen to me. | 亚历克斯不会听从我的 |
[39:02] | But you are sending your brother to his grave with a broken heart. | 但你是让你弟弟伤心地离开人世 |
[39:09] | If you love Alex, | 假如你还爱亚历克斯 |
[39:11] | then I trust that that love is enough | 那么我相信那份爱足够你 |
[39:15] | to stay your impulses with Mary. | 抑制住你对玛丽的兽性 |
[39:31] | It grieves me to see you so ill, brother. | 看你病得这么重让我伤心不已 哥哥 |
[39:34] | Congratulations on yer ability to hide it so well. | 你的伤心深藏不露真是让人钦佩 |
[39:38] | If so, it is because I also feel joy at yer change of heart. | 即便如此 那也是因为你心意的变化 |
[39:43] | What change would that be? | 我的心意有什么变化 |
[39:45] | Joining the MacKenzies of Leoch | 让里奥克的麦肯齐家族 |
[39:47] | with our righteous rebellion, | 加入我们正义的起义部队 |
[39:49] | restoring the king across the water to his throne. | 恢复身在彼岸的国王王位 |
[39:55] | You think I’ve turned Jacobite? | 你觉得我变成了詹姆斯二世党 |
[39:58] | That I’m going to lead the MacKenzies over the cliff, | 觉得我要和你们一起 把麦肯齐家族 |
[40:01] | with you lot? | 领上悬崖绝路 |
[40:03] | Well, I may be dying, | 我是快死了 |
[40:06] | but I have not turned simple. | 但我没有变得头脑简单 |
[40:09] | If you didn’t come to aid us, | 如果你不是来帮我们的 |
[40:12] | then why come at all? | 那你来干什么 |
[40:13] | There are matters, clan matters, | 有一些事务 家族事务 |
[40:16] | that must be resolved while I can still draw breath. | 必须在我生前解决 |
[40:30] | I have declared my wish | 我已经宣布了遗嘱 |
[40:33] | that my son Hamish | 我儿子哈米什 |
[40:35] | be the next chief of Clan MacKenzie. | 成为麦肯齐家族下一代首领 |
[40:39] | Hamish is but a lad. | 哈米什只是个小伙子 |
[40:42] | Who will guide the clan till he comes of age, | 谁要在他成年之前领导家族 |
[40:44] | teach him what it means to be chief? | 教他成为首领蕴含的意义呢 |
[40:47] | Ned Gowan can instruct him in clan law. | 奈德·高恩能教他家族法律 |
[40:51] | And I have chosen a guardian, | 我选择了一个监护人 |
[40:53] | somebody I believe the clan will follow | 我相信家族会追随他 |
[40:57] | until Hamish comes of age, | 直到哈米什成年 |
[41:00] | a man whose task it will be | 他的任务是 |
[41:02] | to guide the boy into manhood… | 引导那孩子成年 |
[41:07] | To see that he learns | 确保他学会 |
[41:10] | how to choose what’s best for the future of the clan | 如何做出对家族未来最好的选择 |
[41:17] | and to thus demonstrate his worthiness to be chief. | 以此证明他配得上首领这个位置 |
[41:26] | James Fraser, | 詹姆斯·弗雷泽 |
[41:28] | I offer you this guardianship. | 我请你当监护人 |
[41:32] | You choose a Fraser over a MacKenzie | 你选择弗雷泽家的人 而不是麦肯齐家的人 |
[41:34] | to lead the clan? | 领导家族吗 |
[41:36] | Over your own brother? | 不选你自己的弟弟吗 |
[41:40] | Deny me the boy’s guardianship, when by rights, | 你不让我当小伙子的监护人 而按理说 |
[41:43] | you should be proposing me as successor? | 你该提出让我当继承人的 |
[41:45] | Jamie is our sister’s son. | 杰米是我们妹妹的儿子 |
[41:46] | Ach, away. | 得了吧 |
[41:47] | He shares our blood, and you know it. | 他跟我们流着相同的血液 你知道的 |
[41:50] | Besides, uh, I am skeptical that my support | 而且 我很怀疑我的支持 |
[41:54] | would be enough to convince the clan | 是否足够说服家族的人 |
[41:57] | to choose you as their chief. | 选择你当他们的首领 |
[42:00] | Do ye not think the MacKenzies would follow my leadership? | 你觉得麦肯齐家族的人不会听从我的领导吗 |
[42:05] | Brother, if you were half as popular | 弟弟 如果你有自己以为的 |
[42:08] | as you believe yerself to be, | 一半受欢迎 |
[42:12] | then there would be more men here today | 那今天你的军队里 |
[42:16] | in this army of yours. | 就会有更多人 |
[42:19] | Has that thought ever crossed your mind? | 你想过这件事吗 |
[42:21] | Christ’s bloody cross! | 我的天啊 |
[42:24] | I love Hamish, | 我爱哈米什 |
[42:26] | and he is considerably fond of me. | 他也相当喜欢我 |
[42:28] | He barely even knows Jamie. | 他甚至都不认识杰米 |
[42:29] | He’s your spawn, as you are very fond of reminding me, | 他是你的孩子 你很喜欢提醒我这点 |
[42:34] | and I ken the deep affection ye hold fer the boy. | 我知道你对那孩子的深厚感情 |
[42:37] | And I ken the real reason behind this loathsome decision of yours. | 我知道你这一可憎选择背后的真正原因 |
[42:42] | It’s your last chance to punish me | 这是你最后一个惩罚我的机会 |
[42:43] | for fathering the son that you never could. | 因为我养育了那孩子 而你不能这样 |
[42:48] | I do not have the strength to pick at old wounds. | 我没力气揭旧伤疤了 |
[42:52] | It is the future of the clan that holds sway over my thoughts, | 支配我的想法的是家族的未来 |
[42:59] | and I will do all I can to ensure that future. | 我会尽一切努力确保那个未来 |
[43:03] | And what future would that be? | 那是什么未来 |
[43:06] | Do you honestly think | 你真的觉得 |
[43:09] | that Jamie will do anything different from me? | 杰米会做跟我不一样的事情吗 |
[43:13] | When you close yer eyes for the final time, | 等你最终闭上双眼 |
[43:16] | he will rally the MacKenzies to our cause, | 他会集合麦肯齐家族的人加入我们的事业 |
[43:18] | and they will fight and die fer it. | 他们会战斗 为此牺牲 |
[43:22] | And damn your wishes. | 去你的愿望 |
[43:28] | I’m honored… | 我很荣幸 |
[43:30] | to be entrusted with the care of yer son. | 被你委托照顾你的儿子 |
[43:38] | But Dougal speaks true. | 但杜格尔说的是对的 |
[43:41] | I will use every option in my power | 我会尽一切能力 |
[43:44] | to defeat the British, | 打败英格兰人 |
[43:46] | and that includes raising the MacKenzie banner. | 包括举起麦肯齐家族的旗帜 |
[43:53] | I do not doubt yer fighting spirit, | 我不怀疑你的战斗精神 |
[43:56] | but I know that you will not | 但我知道你不会 |
[44:00] | sacrifice your men needlessly. | 无谓地牺牲手下 |
[44:04] | If the cause is lost, | 如果事业失败了 |
[44:08] | then you will put the lives of yer men above all else. | 那你就会确保你手下的生命安全 |
[44:27] | You tell me that you would do the same. | 你告诉我你也会这样做 |
[44:31] | Say the words… | 说出这句话 |
[44:33] | meaning them, in yer head and in yer heart, | 真心实意地说出来 |
[44:37] | and the guardianship is yers. | 监护人就由你来当 |
[44:59] | My poor brother. | 我可怜的弟弟 |
[45:02] | I have lived my life crippled in body, | 我是个瘸子 |
[45:06] | and he has lived his crippled in mind. | 而他是个堕落的人 |
[45:13] | In sickness and in health, | 无论疾病还是健康 |
[45:15] | forsaking all others, be faithful unto her | 在你们有生之年 不另做他想 |
[45:17] | as long as you both shall live? | 忠诚对待她吗 |
[45:30] | I will. | 我愿意 |
[45:32] | Miryam, will you take this man to be your husband, | 玛丽安 你愿意接受这个男人做你的丈夫吗 |
[45:36] | to live together forever in the covenant of marriage? | 在婚姻的契约下 永远生活在一起 |
[45:39] | Will you love him, comfort him, honor, and keep him | 你愿意爱他 安慰他 尊敬他 |
[45:42] | in sickness and in health, forsaking all others, | 无论疾病还是健康都陪伴他 在你们有生之年 |
[45:44] | be faithful unto him as long as you both shall live? | 不另做他想 忠诚对待他吗 |
[45:53] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[46:01] | I will. | 我愿意 |
[46:09] | Will those of you witnessing these promises | 见证承诺的人 |
[46:11] | do all in your power to uphold the marriage of these two people? | 愿意尽一切努力维护这对新人的婚姻吗 |
[46:18] | We will. | 我们愿意 |
[46:21] | Aye, I will. Get on with it. | 我愿意 继续吧 |
[46:25] | O gracious and everlasting God, | 宽容永恒的上帝 |
[46:28] | look mercifully upon this man and this woman, | 仁慈地看看这个男人和女人 |
[46:31] | who come to you seeking your blessing… | 他们来寻求你的祝福… |
[46:38] | A surprise attack? | 突袭 |
[46:42] | During Cumberland’s birthday festivities? | 在坎伯兰的生日庆祝活动期间 |
[46:45] | I guarantee | 我保证 |
[46:47] | it will prove a birthday he’ll not soon forget. | 这会是他难忘的一次生日 |
[46:50] | A birthday and a burial | 生日和葬礼 |
[46:53] | on the very same day. | 在同一天 |
[46:55] | That will be worth celebrating. | 的确值得庆祝 |
[46:57] | It doesn’t sound very gentlemanly. | 听起来可不绅士 |
[46:59] | I think we’ve all learned | 我们都知道 |
[47:00] | there’s nothing gentlemanly about waging war. | 作战可没什么绅士的 |
[47:04] | It would mean a 12-mile march by night. | 这意味着一晚行军12英里 |
[47:07] | And are the men capable of such strenuous endeavor? | 士兵们能做出这么艰苦的努力吗 |
[47:10] | They’ve not let us down yet. | 至今为止他们还没有让我们失望 |
[47:13] | Lord George will lead one column, | 乔治大人带一队人 |
[47:17] | I the other. | 我带另一队 |
[47:18] | Together we will trap the British between us. | 我们会将英军团团包围 |
[47:31] | John? | 约翰 |
[47:32] | John, I look to you, as always. | 约翰 我想听听你的意见 |
[47:38] | The plan has some merit, I’ll admit. | 我承认 这计划有些道理 |
[47:42] | I will agree to it… | 我会赞成 |
[47:44] | on one condition. | 但有个条件 |
[47:46] | Fraser, you and the general shall ride together. | 弗雷泽 你和将军一起出发 |
[47:50] | The prince and I shall command the second column. | 王子和我带领第二队人 |
[47:52] | I’m not sure that’s very wise. | 那可不大明智 |
[47:53] | We accept your conditions. | 我们接受你的条件 |
[47:59] | Well, then, gentlemen, it’s decided. | 那好吧 先生们 这事定了 |
[48:02] | Mark me… | 记着我的话 |
[48:07] | I shall bring my finest bottle of wine | 我会带上我最好的一瓶酒 |
[48:11] | as a gift for Cumberland, | 作为给坎伯兰的礼物 |
[48:14] | and I shall present it to him when he’s my prisoner. | 等他成了我的阶下囚 我会送给他 |
[48:20] | It will be most amusing to see his reaction. | 看他的反应会很有趣 |
[48:26] | Very good, sir. | 很好 先生 |
[48:43] | Brought ye a wee drink. | 给你带了点酒 |
[48:50] | Will ye not leave me in peace? | 你能别烦我吗 |
[48:53] | Ye reek of sour wine. | 你身上都是发酸葡萄酒的味儿 |
[48:57] | Aye, I do. | 是的 |
[49:00] | It’s all that I could find. | 我只找得到发酸葡萄酒 |
[49:04] | I’ve drunk enough to muddle a stallion, | 我喝的酒都足够灌倒种马了 |
[49:08] | and yet I remain as sober as a bairn. | 但我还是像小孩一样清醒 |
[49:20] | Oh, well, it appears there is none left to share. | 看来没有酒与你分享了 |
[49:25] | Oh, well. | 好吧 |
[49:28] | Perhaps it’s for the best. | 也许这样最好 |
[49:31] | God knows I have no wish for you to think | 天知道我不想让你觉得 |
[49:33] | I would hasten your leaving of this world. | 我会催你赶快离开这个世界 |
[49:39] | I am beyond any injury | 你再也没法 |
[49:43] | you could do to me. | 对我造成伤害了 |
[49:45] | “Injury I do you”? | 对你造成伤害 |
[49:57] | What about all the pain you’ve put me through | 那我们共度的该死生活中 |
[49:59] | in this bitch of a life we’ve shared? | 你让我经历的痛苦呢 |
[50:10] | Your life is your own. | 你的生活是你自己的事情 |
[50:15] | I take no blame for it. | 不该怪我 |
[50:18] | I still remember the day. | 我还是记得那天 |
[50:20] | You know, the… | 你知道的 |
[50:23] | the day they brought ye back after you’d been thrown by that horse. | 你被马抛下去后他们带你回来的那天 |
[50:28] | Was a stallion, I think. | 好像是种马 |
[50:32] | Too wild for a ten-year-old to ride. | 太野蛮了 不适合十岁小孩骑 |
[50:38] | You were sorely injured, but… | 你严重受伤了 但是 |
[50:42] | I knew you’d recover. | 我知道你会康复 |
[50:46] | You’re my big brother. | 你是我哥哥 |
[50:48] | Nothing hurts you. | 没什么会伤害你 |
[50:53] | Or so I believed. | 我是这么认为的 |
[50:59] | But you betrayed me, hmm? | 但你背叛了我啊 |
[51:04] | Instead of mending, ye got worse. | 你没有好转 反而更恶化了 |
[51:08] | And I watched ye every day, | 我每天都看着你 |
[51:12] | yer limbs getting more and more twisted. | 你的四肢越来越扭曲 |
[51:17] | I watched you shrink. | 我看着你缩小 |
[51:25] | And I hated ye for it. | 我为此恨你 |
[51:28] | And with that hate, | 带着仇恨 |
[51:31] | I wept. | 我哭了 |
[51:36] | I wept more than I ever have before or since. | 那一次我哭得最厉害 |
[51:46] | The world was never the same again. | 世界再也不一样了 |
[51:50] | You destroyed it. | 你毁了它 |
[52:03] | No response? | 没回应吗 |
[52:10] | Damn yer soul, answer me. | 你这该死的 回应我 |
[52:14] | Answer me. | 回应我 |
[52:18] | Brother? | 哥哥 |
[52:21] | Brother? | 哥哥 |
[52:53] | Oh, brother. | 哥哥 |
[52:57] | So ye turn yer back on me one final time, eh? | 这是你最后一次不搭理我了啊 |
[53:04] | And ye leave me alone in the dark… | 留我一个人在黑暗中… |
[53:08] | the darkness of the world. | 黑暗的世界里 |
[53:12] | And all I hoped to say to you… | 我只希望对你说 |
[53:18] | It remains trapped in here. | 它依然被困在这里 |
[53:27] | Right here. | 脑海里 |
[53:31] | Unsaid. | 未说出口的话 |
[53:35] | Forever. | 永永远远 |
[53:51] | All because you couldn’t keep yer arse on a bloody horse. | 就因为你没法好好骑一匹马 |
[55:47] | I can’t believe you encouraged that wee slip of a girl to… | 难以置信你鼓励那个苗条姑娘 |
[55:52] | to become his wife. | 做他妻子 |
[55:54] | I encouraged her to become his widow. | 我是鼓励她做他的寡妇 |
[55:57] | Black Jack will die tomorrow | 黑杰克明天就会死 |
[56:00] | at the Battle of Culloden. | 在克罗登战役中 |
[56:01] | But if we succeed tonight, | 但如果我们今晚成功了 |
[56:02] | there will be no battle. | 就不会有战役了 |
[56:04] | Then perhaps his death will come about by some other means. | 那也许他会因为别的事而死 |
[56:07] | And if it doesn’t? | 如果没有呢 |
[56:08] | Then I am prepared to keep my promise | 那我会遵守我在巴黎 |
[56:10] | that I made to you in Paris. | 对你许下的承诺 |
[56:14] | To help me… | 帮助我 |
[56:17] | bleed him. | 让他流血 |
[56:22] | Remind me not to get on your bad side, Sassenach. | 提醒我别招惹你 英格兰人 |
[56:34] | You be careful. | 你小心点 |
[57:19] | Well, where in God’s name is that imbecile Charles? | 那愚蠢的查尔斯到底在哪儿 |
[57:22] | Was supposed to be here hours ago. | 几小时前就该到这里了 |
[57:26] | Our army is spent. | 我们的军队精疲力尽 |
[57:28] | I fear we put too much faith in starving men. | 恐怕我们太信任饥饿的人们了 |
[57:31] | I’d take a starving Highlander | 饥饿的高地人 |
[57:32] | over a drunken British soldier any day. | 也比喝醉的英格兰士兵强 |
[57:35] | Aye. | 是 |
[57:36] | We could attack it now | 我们现在就能发动进攻 |
[57:38] | and hope the prince’s men turn up in time. | 并期待王子的手下及时出现 |
[57:40] | We have more chance here than with what awaits us | 在这里的机会比明天 |
[57:42] | on Culloden Moor tomorrow. | 在克罗登沼泽的大多了 |
[57:48] | The prince and his men, they turned back. | 王子和他的手下 他们往回走了 |
[57:52] | They lost their way in the darkness. | 他们在黑暗中迷路了 |
[57:54] | His troops are scattered from here to kingdom come. | 他的军队四处分散 |
[57:56] | Let me give the signal to attack. | 让我发出攻击的信号 |
[57:58] | We’re here. | 我们来了 |
[57:59] | Oh, with only a portion of our force, | 这里只有部分军队 |
[58:01] | it would be madness. | 这太疯狂了 |
[58:02] | And with the dawn, we’ll lose the element of surprise. | 黎明到了 我们就没法奇袭了 |
[58:04] | – No. – I have no choice | -不 -我别无选择 |
[58:07] | but to call off the attack. | 只能取消进攻 |
[58:10] | We march the army back to Inverness. | 我们回到因弗内斯 |
[58:14] | General! | 将军 |
[58:17] | Tomorrow the prince will have his battle in Culloden Moor. | 明天王子将会在克罗登沼泽作战 |