时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | My pain, it grows more tedious. | 我的痛苦日益加重了 |
[00:05] | It will be like drifting off into a deep sleep. | 会让你感觉像是渐渐沉睡 |
[00:08] | Oh, brother. | 哥哥 |
[00:10] | The prince is a canny, slippery man. | 王子是个精明狡猾的人 |
[00:12] | We have thwarted him all we can. | 我们得尽力去挫败他 |
[00:13] | All that plotting. How the bloody hell did we end up here? | 所有运筹 我们怎么还是落到了这个下场 |
[00:17] | The prince will have his battle on Culloden Moor. | 王子将会在克罗登沼泽作战 |
[00:19] | It is the promise of history. | 这是历史的必然 |
[00:20] | Promise me that if the time should come, | 答应我 如果有那么一天 |
[00:22] | you will go back through the stones. | 你会穿过石头回去 |
[00:24] | I promise. | 我答应你 |
[00:26] | – Claire? – Frank, I’m back. | -克莱尔 -弗兰克 我回来了 |
[00:28] | I’m carrying another man’s child. | 我怀着另一个男人的孩子 |
[00:30] | Yes, Roger? | 有什么事 罗杰 |
[00:31] | May I go outside to play, Father? | 请问我能出去玩吗 父亲 |
[00:33] | I don’t think I’ve ever heard him call you father. | 我好像从没有听过他叫你父亲 |
[00:36] | Children accept the world as it is presented to them. | 孩子会全盘接受眼前的世界 |
[00:39] | I want us to be together. | 我想跟你在一起 |
[00:40] | Are you sure about this, Frank? | 你确定吗 弗兰克 |
[00:41] | We will raise this child as our own. | 我们把这个孩子当做是我们的孩子养 |
[00:44] | Yours and mine. | 你和我的结晶 |
[02:16] | Good morning, Mrs. Peel. | 早安 皮尔太太 |
[02:17] | Good morning, Steed. The door’s open. | 早安 斯蒂德 门是开着的 |
[02:26] | Social visit? | 不速之客啊 |
[02:28] | That’s it. Happened to be passing by, thought I’d drop in. | 没错 我正巧路过 顺道拜访 |
[02:35] | The coffee’s over there. | 那里有咖啡 |
[02:41] | Not enough flexibility in the wrist. | 手腕灵活性不够 |
[02:44] | Weight on the wrong foot. | 重心放错了脚 |
[02:47] | Friendly advice. | 友善的建议 |
[02:50] | There doesn’t appear to be any cream. | 好像没有奶油了 |
[02:52] | The cream… is in the kitchen. | 奶油…在厨房里 |
[02:59] | You really should get back to your guests. | 你真的该回去陪客人了 |
[03:03] | They keep asking for you. | 他们一直在问你 |
[03:25] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家的到来 |
[03:27] | It would’ve meant a great deal to my father. | 这对我父亲意义重大 |
[03:30] | And if you knew him, you know that | 如果你们认识他 就知道 |
[03:33] | he was not one to leave anything to chance, | 他是要抓住一切机会的人 |
[03:36] | including the toast for his own wake. | 包括在自己的葬礼上祝酒 |
[03:42] | “To Death, the jolly old bouncer now.” | “敬死亡 快活的老保镖” |
[03:47] | “Our glasses let’s be clinking. | “碰响我们的酒杯 |
[03:49] | If he hadn’t put other out, I trow, | 若它没夺去我们的爱人 |
[03:52] | to-night we’d not be drinking.” | 今夜我们不会痛饮” |
[03:59] | – The Reverend. – The Reverend. | -敬牧师 -敬牧师 |
[04:09] | Your father was such a delightful man. | 你的父亲真是个快乐的人 |
[04:11] | I’ll always remember his sense of humor. | 我会一直记得他的幽默感 |
[04:14] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:14] | The Reverend helped so many people. | 牧师帮助了很多人 |
[04:17] | – He’ll be sorely missed. – Thank you. | -他会被深深怀念的 -谢谢 |
[04:19] | Would you excuse me, uh, for a moment? | 我能失陪一下吗 |
[04:21] | Oh, of course. | 当然 |
[04:24] | Roger, so sorry to hear about your loss. | 罗杰 请节哀顺变 |
[04:26] | – Thanks very much. – It’s nice to see you. | -谢谢 -很高兴见到您 |
[04:28] | – My condolences. – Thanks very much. | -请节哀 -谢谢 |
[04:31] | Appreciate it. | 谢谢你 |
[04:32] | – You have my sympathies. – Oh, thank you. | -请接受我的哀悼 -谢谢 |
[04:34] | I’ll speak to you in a minute. | 我马上再跟您聊天 |
[04:36] | – Tom, how are you? – Yeah, not bad. | -汤姆 你好吗 -还不错 |
[04:38] | – Good. – Listen, Roger, I’ll be here for you. | -好 -罗杰 我会在你身边 |
[04:40] | – I appreciate it. Thank you. – Okay. | -谢谢你 -好的 |
[04:45] | Are you Roger Wakefield? | 你是罗杰·韦克菲尔德吗 |
[04:49] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:52] | Definitely. That’s me. Yes. | 没错 就是我 |
[04:56] | – I’m afraid I haven’t had the pleasure. – Roger. | -恐怕我还不知道你的名字 -罗杰 |
[04:59] | It is. | 是他 |
[05:00] | Well, I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[05:02] | After all these years. | 这么多年了 |
[05:05] | Uh, I’m sorry, | 抱歉 |
[05:07] | but do I… do I know you? | 但是…我认识你们吗 |
[05:09] | Oh, of course, you wouldn’t remember me. | 当然 你不记得我了 |
[05:11] | Last time I saw you, you were about, | 上次我见到你 你才… |
[05:14] | oh, seven or eight years old. | 七岁还是八岁 |
[05:16] | I’m Claire Randall. I was an old friend of your father’s. | 我是克莱尔·兰德尔 你父亲的旧友 |
[05:20] | Very sorry to hear about his passing. | 真抱歉听到他过世的消息 |
[05:22] | – Thank you. – I see you’ve met my daughter. | -谢谢 -看来你认识我女儿了 |
[05:25] | Actually, no, we haven’t been formally introduced. | 其实 不 我们还没正式介绍 |
[05:28] | Brianna. | 布丽安娜 |
[05:30] | The daughter. | 她女儿 |
[05:32] | A pleasure, Miss Randall. | 幸会 兰德尔小姐 |
[05:34] | We were staying with relatives down in London when we heard. | 我们听到消息时 正住在南边伦敦的亲戚家 |
[05:37] | His heart, I believe? | 是心脏问题 是吗 |
[05:39] | Yes, yes, uh… very sudden. | 对 突然发病 |
[05:44] | I’d just seen him at Christmas, and he was in high spirits. | 我在圣诞节才见的他 当时精神还很好 |
[05:49] | I hadn’t seen your father in a very long time, | 我有很久没见到你父亲了 |
[05:52] | but I… I was very fond of him. | 但我很喜欢他 |
[05:56] | – So was Daddy. – Oh, yes, of course. | -爸爸也是 -对 当然 |
[06:00] | Uh, my late husband, Frank… they were very close. | 我已故的丈夫 弗兰克 他们很要好 |
[06:05] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[06:07] | Frank Randall, of course. | 弗兰克·兰德尔 当然了 |
[06:09] | I remember you now, yes. | 我想起来了 |
[06:11] | Claire. You… you’re a nurse, as I recall. | 克莱尔 我记得您是位护士 |
[06:16] | Oh, yes, I was. I… I’m a doctor now. | 对 曾经是 现在我是医生了 |
[06:21] | She’s being modest. She’s a surgeon. | 她在谦虚呢 她是位军医 |
[06:26] | Uh, Bree and I are… are visiting from the States. | 布丽和我…是从美国过来的 |
[06:29] | Oh, I thought I detected an American accent. | 我就觉得听到了美国口音 |
[06:32] | Boston, to be exact. | 准确说来 是波士顿口音 |
[06:33] | She’s a history major in Harvard. | 她在哈佛念历史学 |
[06:36] | Really? I’m on leave from the history department at Oxford. | 是吗 我在牛津的历史系教书 |
[06:39] | Oxford. Impressive. | 牛津 厉害 |
[06:43] | Is Mrs. Graham still in the Reverend’s employ? | 格雷厄姆太太还在为牧师工作吗 |
[06:46] | I haven’t seen her yet. | 我一直没看见她 |
[06:48] | Sadly, we lost her a few years ago, | 可惜 她几年前去世了 |
[06:50] | but her granddaughter Fiona is here somewhere. | 但她的孙女费欧娜还在这 |
[06:57] | So many things are the same, and yet things are so different. | 一切都那么熟悉 却又那么不同 |
[07:05] | There are quite a lot of memories here. | 这里可有不少回忆 |
[07:08] | Would you excuse me? | 能失陪一下吗 |
[07:09] | – I’d like to take a look around. – Yeah. | -我想在这转转 -好的 |
[07:24] | Uh, first time in Scotland, then? | 你是第一次来苏格兰吗 |
[07:30] | And will you have much time | 那你来这里 |
[07:31] | to take in the sights while you’re here? | 有足够的时间去看看风景吗 |
[07:32] | We only came up for the day so Mother could pay her respects. | 我们只在这待一天 好让母亲来吊唁 |
[07:38] | We’re meant to be headed back to London this evening. | 定好的今天晚上回伦敦 |
[07:40] | Oh, that’s a shame. Beautiful, wild country. | 真遗憾 这是个旷美的地方 |
[07:44] | I was always curious about Scotland. | 我一直对苏格兰很好奇 |
[07:46] | It was a special place to both my parents. | 这里对我父母来说是个特别之地 |
[07:49] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[07:51] | I beg your pardon, but it’s time to say good-bye. | 不好意思 不过该告别了 |
[07:55] | The Browns are leaving. | 布朗一家要走了 |
[07:58] | Oh, yes, of course. Thank you, Fiona. | 当然 谢谢你 费欧娜 |
[08:06] | Uh… you’ll excuse me for a moment? | 那我失陪了 |
[08:08] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[08:30] | Mrs. Graham had warned me | 格雷厄姆太太提醒过我 |
[08:32] | not to spend my days chasing a ghost, | 别再用余生去怀恋一个鬼魂 |
[08:35] | and so I hadn’t. | 所以我没有 |
[08:37] | But now that I was here, the ghosts were starting to chase me. | 但如今在这里 鬼魂们开始追逐着我 |
[08:52] | Thanks again. | 再次感谢 |
[08:54] | Thank you. Arthur, love to your wife. | 谢谢 亚瑟 问您妻子好 |
[08:56] | Hey, sorry she couldn’t come along. | 真遗憾她不能来 |
[08:58] | Well, we should be going. | 我们该走了 |
[09:00] | Not all the way back to London? | 不会要连夜赶回伦敦吧 |
[09:02] | Oh, no, we’ll drive as far as we can | 不 我们开车开到累了 |
[09:04] | and then stop at a pub for the night. | 就找个小客栈休息 |
[09:06] | There’s plenty of room here if you’d like to stay. | 如果你们愿意留下 这里的房间够住 |
[09:10] | Oh, we couldn’t possibly impose. | 我们不该叨扰你 |
[09:12] | You wouldn’t be. | 不会 |
[09:14] | In fact, I’d welcome the company. | 实际上 我欢迎有人作伴 |
[09:16] | It’s a big house. | 这房子太大了 |
[09:17] | Sounds better than jolting down the wrong side of the road | 听起来比大晚上还在路上颠簸 |
[09:20] | in the dark. | 可好多了 |
[09:22] | Besides, it’ll give me a chance to take in the sights. | 而且 我还能看看风景 |
[09:26] | I hear it’s a beautiful, wild country. | 听说这是个旷美的地方 |
[09:31] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:33] | Uh, just so long as we’re no bother. | 只要我们没有添麻烦 |
[09:35] | I’ll fetch your bags from the car. | 我帮你们把行李拿进来 |
[09:37] | – The guest room’s just… – Top of the stairs. | -客房就在… -楼梯顶上 |
[09:40] | I remember. | 我记得 |
[10:04] | I couldn’t sleep, so I helped myself to a dram. | 我睡不着 所以倒了些酒喝 |
[10:08] | I hope you don’t mind. | 希望你不介意 |
[10:10] | Oh, no bother. | 没关系 |
[10:12] | I’ll have one with you. | 我陪你喝一杯 |
[10:31] | That’s better. | 好多了 |
[10:40] | You know, I pestered him for years to throw things away | 知道吗 我缠了他好久让他扔掉旧物 |
[10:42] | and clean up the clutter. | 打扫干净屋子 |
[10:45] | Now I can’t bear to part with any of it. | 现在我什么都舍不得扔 |
[10:47] | There’s a lot of history here. | 这里有很多的历史 |
[10:50] | Not just the family’s, either, | 不光是这个家的 |
[10:52] | but Scotland’s as well. | 还有苏格兰的 |
[10:54] | The college here in Inverness have asked me | 因弗内斯的大学请求我 |
[10:56] | to donate his library to their archives. | 把他的藏书捐赠给学校档案馆 |
[11:00] | I’m not sure I’ll donate everything. | 我未必会全捐掉 |
[11:02] | He was quite fond of several rare editions | 他曾经很喜欢几部关于 |
[11:04] | of Prince Charles Stuart and the Battle of Culloden. | 查尔斯·斯图尔特王子和克罗登之战的珍本 |
[11:10] | Culloden. | 克罗登吗 |
[11:13] | Final battle of the ’45. | 詹姆斯二世党叛乱的收官战 |
[11:16] | My ancestors fought and died there, actually. | 其实 我的祖先还在那里捐躯了 |
[11:21] | Really? | 是吗 |
[11:22] | Yes, my true name’s Roger MacKenzie. | 对 我的真名是罗杰·麦肯齐 |
[11:26] | My parents were Jerry and Marjorie MacKenzie. | 父母是杰瑞与玛乔丽·麦肯齐 |
[11:31] | The Reverend adopted me after they were killed in World War II. | 他们俩在二战中丧生后 牧师领养了我 |
[11:37] | MacKenzie. | 麦肯齐 |
[11:40] | I used to know quite a few MacKenzies… | 我认识不少这个姓的人 |
[11:43] | once upon a time. | 在很久以前 |
[11:45] | It’s a common name here. | 它在这是个常见姓 |
[11:51] | May I ask you something personal? | 我能问你些私事吗 |
[11:59] | How did you do it? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[12:05] | Finally say good-bye… | 终于和这世上 |
[12:10] | to that one person you loved most in all the world? | 你最爱的那个人道了别 |
[12:21] | Truth is, I’ve never been very good at saying good-bye, | 其实 我从来不擅长道别 |
[12:26] | but that’s the hell of it, isn’t it? | 但这就是可恨之处 不是吗 |
[12:30] | Whether you want to say good-bye or not, | 不论你是否愿意道别 |
[12:34] | they’re gone, and… | 他们都走了 |
[12:39] | you have to go on living without them. | 你只能继续活下去 |
[12:49] | Because that’s what they would want. | 因为这是他们的期待 |
[13:06] | Thank you for the whisky. | 谢谢你的威士忌 |
[13:09] | Good night, Roger. | 晚安 罗杰 |
[13:44] | God, you are so like him. | 天呐 你真像他 |
[14:05] | 1746年4月16日 上午7:23 | |
[14:10] | I tell you, the… the army is not ready | 听我说 军队今天还没有 |
[14:13] | for battle this day. | 准备好作战 |
[14:15] | We must retreat to safer ground | 我们得在英军发现优势 |
[14:16] | before the British realize their advantage and destroy us all. | 一举击溃我们前 撤回更安全的地方 |
[14:25] | You are my Thomas. | 你就是我的多马 |
[14:29] | It was the Apostle Thomas who doubted | 使徒多马曾经质疑 |
[14:31] | the Lord who had risen from the dead… | 上帝从死亡中复生 |
[14:36] | Not until he felt the wounds, | 说只有看见他的伤口 |
[14:39] | pressed his fingers where the nails had been. | 用指头探入那钉痕才会相信 |
[14:42] | The Lord said to him, | 上帝对他说 |
[14:43] | “Because you have seen, you believe, | “你因看见了我才信 |
[14:47] | “But blessed are those who have not seen and yet believe.” | 那没有看见就信的有福了” |
[14:54] | But today is the day, James. | 今天时机正佳 詹姆斯 |
[14:56] | And mark me, before this day is over, | 记住我说的 在今天结束前 |
[14:59] | I will make a believer of you. | 我会将你变成信徒 |
[15:10] | It’s a blessing… | 卡伦算是走运 |
[15:12] | Colum didn’t live to see this dark day. | 没活下来看到今天这黑暗日子 |
[15:15] | It’s the Prince. | 是王子 |
[15:18] | The Battle of Culloden will happen today, | 克罗登之战就在今天了 |
[15:21] | just as history foretold. | 正如历史的预言 |
[15:22] | Sentries have spotted the advance guard four miles out. | 哨兵在四英里外看见了先锋军 |
[15:25] | Cumberland has broken camp. | 坎伯兰拔营了 |
[15:27] | His army is marching on the south side of Kildrummie Moss. | 他的军队正在库卓密沼泽南边行军 |
[15:30] | Go inside. | 进去吧 |
[15:32] | Inform Lord George. | 通报乔治大人 |
[15:34] | There’s only one thing left. | 只剩下一件事了 |
[15:37] | One possibility. | 一个可能 |
[15:39] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[15:42] | Not here. | 换个地方说 |
[16:18] | Fort William. | 威廉堡 |
[16:20] | Built in the 1600s. | 建于十七世纪 |
[16:22] | The Gaelic name for it is An Gearastan Dubh, | 它的盖尔语名字叫黑色堡垒[盖尔语] |
[16:25] | “The Black Garrison.” | “黑色堡垒” |
[16:28] | It was used by the British as a command post and prison, | 曾被英军用来作为指挥所和监狱 |
[16:31] | intended to control the “Savage clans and the roving barbarians.” | 意在控制”野蛮的家族与粗鄙的土人” |
[16:36] | Military history isn’t really my specialty. | 军事史并不是我的特长 |
[16:40] | It was your father’s, though, right? | 不过是你父亲的 对吗 |
[16:43] | The Reverend has a couple of his books in the library. | 牧师的藏书里有几本他的著作 |
[16:49] | One of my earliest memories is dropping an ice cream cone | 我最早的记忆之一 是把一支甜筒掉到了 |
[16:52] | off the ramparts of Fort Ticonderoga, | 提康德罗加堡的城墙上 |
[16:54] | while he held forth on the heroics of Ethan Allen | 而他在一边滔滔不绝地说着伊顿·阿伦 |
[16:57] | and the Green Mountain Boys. | 和格林山兄弟会的英雄史诗 |
[16:59] | Ethan Allen? | 伊顿·阿伦吗 |
[17:01] | “I regret I have but one life to give…” | “我唯一遗憾的 是仅有一次生命…” |
[17:04] | Nathan Hale. | 内森·黑尔 |
[17:05] | Common mistake. | 常见错误啦 |
[17:08] | Never quote American history to an American. | 永远别对着美国人引用美国历史 |
[17:13] | The Revolutionary War | 独立战争 |
[17:14] | is practically a religious text in Boston. | 在波士顿可算宗教典籍了 |
[17:16] | With George Washington as the Messiah | 乔治·华盛顿是救世主 |
[17:19] | and, uh, Benedict Arnold as Judas, no doubt. | 本尼迪克特·阿诺德肯定是犹大了 |
[17:22] | Benedict Arnold is a deeply misunderstood historical figure. | 本尼迪克特·阿诺德是个被深深误解的历史人物 |
[17:26] | I thought you didn’t like military history. | 我还以为你不喜欢军事史 |
[17:29] | We Randalls are a verra complicated clan, laddie. | 我们兰德尔可是个难懂的家族 小子 |
[17:33] | That is absolutely the worst accent I have ever heard. | 这真是我听过最糟糕的口音了 |
[17:44] | Do you remember my father very well? | 你还记得清我父亲的事吗 |
[17:47] | Bits and pieces. | 零零碎碎吧 |
[17:51] | He was a snappy dresser. | 他穿着很时髦 |
[17:54] | Wore his hat down over one eye, very dashing, | 把帽子斜着戴遮住一只眼睛 很帅 |
[17:57] | and, um… | 还有… |
[17:59] | seemed very kind. | 看起来人很好 |
[18:01] | He was. | 是的 |
[18:03] | The kindest man in the world. | 全世界最好的人 |
[18:06] | Your mother seems very kind as well. | 你母亲看起来人也很好 |
[18:11] | My mother… | 我母亲… |
[18:12] | lives in another world. | 活在另一个世界 |
[18:18] | This place gives me the chills. | 这里让我寒毛直竖 |
[18:20] | With good reason. | 有原因的 |
[18:21] | Many Scottish prisoners were flogged here. | 很多苏格兰犯人在这受过鞭刑 |
[18:25] | A lot of blood was spilled on this ground. | 地上曾经洒过不少鲜血 |
[19:34] | My father built this place, ye ken. | 这地方是我父亲一手建造的 |
[19:38] | His blood and sweat are in this stone. | 他的血与泪融入了这些石头里 |
[19:42] | Are you playing with the apples? | 你是在玩苹果吗 |
[19:44] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[19:46] | This is my wee Jamie. | 这是我的小杰米 |
[19:47] | This is your uncle, mo chridhe, | 这是你舅舅 宝贝 |
[19:48] | the one you’re named after. | 你的名字就是根据他的取的 |
[19:51] | Congratulations, | 恭喜 |
[19:53] | your bonny little lass… | 你的小美女… |
[19:56] | Little Margaret Ellen Murray. | 小玛格丽特·艾伦·莫瑞 |
[19:58] | ‘Twas my grandmother’s name. | 这是我祖母的名字 |
[20:00] | Claire, Claire, they’re ready. | 克莱尔 克莱尔 它们熟了 |
[20:03] | – They’re giant. – Oh, my goodness. | -它们好大 -天啊 |
[20:05] | You were right, telling us to plant them. | 你让我们种土豆是正确的 |
[20:07] | I’m beginning to feel like… | 我开始感觉 |
[20:10] | I actually belong here. | 我真正属于这里 |
[20:12] | I knew ye belonged here with me, | 第一次看到你的时候 |
[20:15] | since the first time I laid eyes on ye. | 我就知道你属于这里 应该和我在一起 |
[20:20] | “Come and let us live, my Dear. | “来一起生活吧 亲爱的 |
[20:23] | Let us love and never fear.” | 让我们相爱 永不畏惧 |
[20:26] | “Then let amorous kisses dwell, | 让多情的吻缠绵 |
[20:30] | “On our lips, begin and tell | 用我们的唇 谱写故事 |
[20:33] | “A Thousand and a Hundred score, | 千千百百次 |
[20:37] | a Hundred and a Thousand more.” | 百百千千次” |
[21:15] | This battle, this war… | 这场战斗 这场战争 |
[21:17] | everything that’s about to happen… | 一切将要发生的事 |
[21:19] | it all depends on Charles. | 都取决于查尔斯 |
[21:22] | Aye. | 是的 |
[21:26] | And what if he were to die… | 如果他死了呢 |
[21:28] | now? | 现在 |
[21:30] | Right now. | 就是现在 |
[21:31] | Then the battle wouldn’t happen, | 那么战斗就不会打起来 |
[21:33] | and this whole bloody rebellion would die with him. | 整个该死的起义也会随他而逝 |
[21:39] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[21:41] | I have this. | 我有这个 |
[21:44] | It’s yellow jasmine, and it’s poisonous. | 这是黄茉莉 有毒 |
[21:46] | It’s what Colum took last night. | 昨晚卡伦服的就是这个 |
[21:48] | Colum? | 卡伦 |
[21:50] | He begged me. | 他求我的 |
[21:51] | He knew that his time was near. | 他知道他命不久矣 |
[21:53] | He took his own life? | 他自杀了吗 |
[21:55] | Claire, that’s a mortal sin. | 克莱尔 这是不可饶恕的罪 |
[21:56] | He wanted a quick and peaceful death, | 他想干脆而平静地离去 |
[21:59] | and I gave it to him. | 我成全了他 |
[22:02] | Charles has been suffering with scurvy for weeks, | 查尔斯得坏血病好几周了 |
[22:04] | and I’ve been treating him regularly with tinctures. | 我一直在用酊剂治疗他 |
[22:06] | I could put this in a tea. | 我可以把它倒在茶中 |
[22:10] | Kill Charles Stuart? | 杀死查尔斯·斯图尔特 |
[22:21] | The way it works… | 它的效果 |
[22:24] | it would be like drifting into a deep sleep. | 就像陷入了沉睡中 |
[22:30] | And he would never know? | 他永远不会知道吗 |
[22:33] | No one would ever know. | 永远不会有人知道 |
[22:42] | Do you have any memory of an incident that happened | 你还记得不记得我父母在这里时 |
[22:45] | with my parents when they were here? | 发生过的一起意外 |
[22:47] | How do you mean, “Incident”? | 你说的”意外”是什么意思 |
[22:49] | Something big that happened between them | 他们在这里和你父亲一起住时 |
[22:51] | when they were here staying with your father. | 他们之间发生过一件大事 |
[22:53] | I was just a wee lad. | 我那时还是个小孩子 |
[22:59] | I don’t remember all the details, but… | 我不记得所有细节 但是 |
[23:04] | I do recall finding Mrs. Graham crying | 我确实记得发现格雷厄姆太太 |
[23:07] | out in the tool shed. | 在工具房哭泣 |
[23:09] | There were a lot of broken things lying about, | 周围有很多破碎的东西 |
[23:12] | and I think she said your father had lost his temper | 我记得她说过 你父亲大发脾气 |
[23:16] | and smashed everything up. | 砸坏了所有东西 |
[23:17] | My father smashed… | 我父亲砸的… |
[23:18] | Yes, but that wasn’t the reason | 是的 但是那不是 |
[23:20] | why she was crying, | 她哭泣的原因 |
[23:21] | I’m certain of that. | 这点我很确定 |
[23:22] | My father definitely had a temper, | 我父亲确实脾气不好 |
[23:24] | but he kept it tightly under wraps. | 但是他自制能力很强 |
[23:27] | When did this happen? | 这是什么时候发生的 |
[23:29] | What year? | 哪一年 |
[23:30] | Your mother said I was seven or eight | 你母亲说她上次见我时 |
[23:33] | when she last saw me, so it must have been… | 我才七八岁 所以一定是 |
[23:35] | 1947 or ’48. | 1947或48年 |
[23:48] | My father kept this… | 我父亲在壁橱的 |
[23:51] | lockbox on the top shelf of his closet. | 最高层放了一个上锁的箱子 |
[23:57] | I knew where he hid the key, so… | 我知道他把钥匙藏在哪里 所以 |
[24:01] | one day, I opened it. | 有一天 我打开了 |
[24:03] | There were letters in there from your father. | 里面有你父亲寄来的信 |
[24:06] | Mostly academic stuff, but… | 大部分是学术信件 但是 |
[24:09] | there was this one letter. | 里面有一封信 |
[24:14] | The Reverend mentioned an incident | 牧师写到了一件 |
[24:17] | involving my mother and my father, | 与我父母有关的意外 |
[24:19] | and the way he phrased it | 他形容的方式 |
[24:21] | made me feel like it was something big, | 让我觉得那好像是一件大事 |
[24:23] | maybe something terrible. | 也许是很可怕的事 |
[24:25] | Definitely something he didn’t want | 肯定是他不想在纸上 |
[24:26] | to spell out on paper. | 写出来的事 |
[24:29] | It scared me for some reason. | 因为某种原因这令我很害怕 |
[24:32] | I put the letter back in the box, locked it, | 我把信放回箱子 锁了起来 |
[24:35] | and never looked at it again. | 再也没有看过 |
[24:40] | My father kept a journal. | 我父亲有一本日记 |
[24:43] | He wrote in it every night after supper. | 他每天晚饭后都写 |
[24:45] | There’s boxes of them in the storage room, | 在储藏室放了很多箱 |
[24:47] | if you wouldn’t mind getting a bit grubby. | 如果你不介意脏的话 |
[24:50] | Grubby doesn’t bother me. | 我不介意脏 |
[24:51] | You should see my bedroom. | 你应该看看我的卧室 |
[24:54] | That didn’t come out right. | 这话没说好 |
[24:56] | No, no, but I… I, uh, | 确实 但是我… |
[24:59] | I get your meaning. | 我懂你的意思 |
[26:01] | So I’ve traced the chain of title | 我查了拉里布洛克 |
[26:04] | for the estate known as Lallybroch or Broch Tuarach | 或布洛克·图拉克地产的产权链 |
[26:08] | and found this. | 发现了这个 |
[26:10] | It’s the earliest document we have in our files, | 这是我们档案里最早的文档 |
[26:13] | a deed of sasine, transferring title to the property | 授予封地和转移产权的契约书 |
[26:16] | from James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser | 由詹姆斯·亚历山大·马尔科姆·麦肯齐·弗雷泽 |
[26:20] | to James Jacob Fraser Murray. | 转给詹姆斯·雅各布·弗雷泽·莫瑞 |
[26:23] | The property was transferred in 1745, witnessed | 这个地产是在1745年转移的 |
[26:27] | by Murtagh Fitzgibbons Fraser | 由穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯·弗雷泽 |
[26:30] | and Claire Beauchamp… | 和克莱尔·比彻姆公证 |
[26:33] | well, it’s a bit smudged, but I think | 文档有点脏了 但是我觉得 |
[26:34] | her surname’s Fraser as well. | 她的姓氏也是弗雷泽 |
[26:41] | Yes… | 没错 |
[26:45] | I believe it was. | 我相信是叫这个 |
[26:47] | And, uh, after that? | 之后呢 |
[26:50] | Various Murrays, it seems. | 看起来好几个姓莫瑞的都经手过 |
[26:52] | The property stayed in that family | 地产在那个家族里 |
[26:53] | for many generations. | 传承了好几代 |
[26:55] | I’ve, uh, made you a copy, | 我给你拷贝了一份 |
[26:58] | so this one is yours to keep. | 所以这份给你 |
[27:01] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:03] | One last thing. | 最后一件事 |
[27:05] | Is it possible to do a genealogical search? | 有没有可能搜索一下宗谱 |
[27:08] | Aye, what’s the name? | 可以 名字是什么 |
[27:10] | Roger MacKenzie. | 罗杰·麦肯齐 |
[27:15] | How was your date? | 你的约会怎么样 |
[27:17] | It wasn’t a date. | 那不是约会 |
[27:20] | Well, you have to admit | 你必须承认 |
[27:20] | he is rather handsome and intelligent. | 他确实相当帅气聪明 |
[27:24] | Not to mention, he has a lovely physique. | 更不用说 他的体格很棒 |
[27:27] | Who says “Physique”? | 谁还用”体格”这词啊 |
[27:29] | Stop. | 够了 |
[27:31] | Of course, there are those deep blue eyes. | 当然了 还有那双深邃的蓝眼睛 |
[27:34] | Maybe you should date him. | 也许你应该跟他约会 |
[27:36] | So where did you end up going? | 你们最后去了哪里 |
[27:39] | Fort William. | 威廉堡 |
[27:40] | Have you been? | 你去过吗 |
[27:45] | Once. | 曾经去过 |
[27:47] | Didn’t much care for the place. | 不是很喜欢那个地方 |
[27:52] | So what did you do today? | 你今天做了什么 |
[27:55] | I just puttered around the village. | 我在村里随便逛了逛 |
[27:58] | Places you and Daddy went before? | 去你和父亲去过的地方吗 |
[28:01] | Some. | 有些地方去了 |
[28:08] | Do you miss him? | 你想念他吗 |
[28:13] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[28:16] | Sometimes it doesn’t seem like you do, | 有时候看起来你不想念他 |
[28:20] | or… | 或者说 |
[28:21] | you ever loved him. | 你从没爱过他 |
[28:27] | What a thing to say. | 怎么能说这种话 |
[28:30] | Well, did you? | 你有过吗 |
[28:32] | Love him? | 爱他 |
[28:36] | I did. | 我爱过 |
[28:53] | Make no mistake, this would be | 别搞错了 你要做的 |
[28:57] | cold-blooded murder | 可是一件 |
[28:59] | you would be carrying out. | 冷血谋杀 |
[29:00] | To stop a slaughter. | 这是为了阻止屠杀 |
[29:03] | If we kill the prince, we take one life | 如果我们杀了王子 就能用一条命 |
[29:04] | to save thousands. | 换千万条命 |
[29:07] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[29:09] | Lord George requests yer presence near the east dyke. | 乔治大人要求你前往东堤附近 |
[29:11] | Ye’ve to come at once. | 你必须立刻来 |
[29:12] | They’re calling the men to form lines. | 他们在让人们组成列队 |
[29:14] | Aye, on my way. | 好 我马上到 |
[29:19] | We would need to move quickly. | 我们必须立刻行动 |
[29:22] | I could put this in his tea now and give it to him. | 我可以现在就放在他的茶里 给他端上 |
[29:24] | Ye ungrateful son-of-a-bastard. | 你这忘恩负义的狗杂种 |
[29:31] | You filthy, whoring witch. | 你这肮脏 淫邪的女巫 |
[29:44] | I’m meeting the curator on the second floor. | 我在二楼跟馆长见面 |
[29:46] | I shouldn’t be long, then we, uh, | 不会太久 然后我们 |
[29:49] | can go start the great excavation | 就可以去探索 |
[29:50] | of the Reverend’s journals. Will you be okay? | 牧师的日记 你待在这里没事吧 |
[29:54] | – Yeah, sure, I’ll hang out. – Okay. | -当然没事 我逛逛 -好 |
[30:20] | And we can no longer allow | 我们不能再让他们 |
[30:22] | their vision to dictate ours. | 将意愿强加于我们 |
[30:25] | When Scotland was united with England | 当苏格兰和英格兰 |
[30:27] | under a single crown, | 统一之时 |
[30:28] | it was the beginning of the end for us. | 对我们来说是末日的开始 |
[30:31] | We lost more than our independence. | 我们失去的不只是我们的独立 |
[30:34] | We lost our spirit. | 我们还失去了我们的灵魂 |
[30:38] | The government in Westminster, | 威斯敏斯特的政府 |
[30:41] | the bankers in the city, | 伦敦市里的银行家 |
[30:42] | the newspapers of Fleet Street | 佛里特街的新闻界 |
[30:45] | have stolen our money. | 偷走了我们的钱 |
[30:49] | Our voices… | 我们的声音 |
[30:51] | our futures. | 我们的未来 |
[30:57] | Where are the rulers of old | 过去的那些统治者 |
[31:00] | who knew how to look after their people? | 那些懂得如何照看人民的人去哪了 |
[31:05] | The kings who have become legendary… | 那些成为传奇的众王 |
[31:08] | Arthur of Wales, | 威尔士的亚瑟王 |
[31:10] | Richard the Lionheart, | 狮心王理查 |
[31:13] | Prince Charles Edward Stuart… | 查尔斯·爱德华·斯图尔特王子 |
[31:17] | Our Bonnie Prince? | 我们的美王子 |
[31:19] | We’ve all heard of the Battle of Culloden… | 我们都听说过克罗登之战 |
[31:25] | But imagine how different | 但是想象一下 |
[31:27] | Scotland would be now | 如果我们当时赢了 |
[31:30] | if we had won. | 苏格兰会多么不同 |
[31:37] | Where is our Bonnie Prince Charlie today? | 如今的美王子查理在哪里 |
[31:45] | I am… | 我是 |
[31:47] | Bonnie Prince Charlie. | 美王子查理 |
[31:50] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:50] | You are Bonnie Prince Charlie. | 你们是美王子查理 |
[31:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[31:55] | We are Bonnie Prince Charlie. | 我们都是美王子查理 |
[31:58] | Aye. Scotland! | 对 苏格兰 |
[32:11] | – Thank you so much. – Thank you. | -多谢 -谢谢 |
[32:12] | Cheers, and take that. | 再见 拿上这个 |
[32:14] | Yes, thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[32:15] | I liked your speech, | 我喜欢你的演讲 |
[32:16] | but wasn’t it the Scottish king James VI | 但是统一两国的难道不是苏格兰国王 |
[32:20] | who united the crowns? | 詹姆斯六世吗 |
[32:21] | And Queen Anne, his Scottish granddaughter, | 而他的苏格兰孙女 安妮女王 |
[32:23] | who signed the Acts of Union? | 签下了《联合法案》 |
[32:25] | Aye, | 是的 |
[32:26] | but Anne was raised Anglican, | 但是安妮是英国国教徒 |
[32:29] | already under the influence of Westminster. | 已经在威斯敏斯特的影响之下 |
[32:32] | Prince Charles and his father King James | 查尔斯王子和他的父亲詹姆斯国王 |
[32:34] | wanted to undo all that. | 想去除这些影响 |
[32:36] | Sounds like they would’ve been just | 听起来他们只是想 |
[32:37] | trading one king for another. | 换一个国王罢了 |
[32:39] | Charles was Catholic and a Scot. | 查尔斯是天主教徒和苏格兰人 |
[32:41] | Unlike German Geordie and the Hanovers, | 不像德国人乔迪和汉诺威人 |
[32:43] | his loyalty was to us. | 他忠于我们 |
[32:46] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[32:48] | You’re an American. | 你是个美国人 |
[32:50] | Are you a student here? | 你是这里的学生吗 |
[32:51] | Brianna Randall. | 布丽安娜·兰德尔 |
[32:53] | Just visiting. | 只是来拜访 |
[32:54] | So why are you here? | 你为什么来这里 |
[32:57] | I’m a history student. | 我是个历史系学生 |
[32:59] | I like watching history being made. | 我喜欢看着历史被创造 |
[33:01] | There you are. | 你在这里啊 |
[33:04] | Roger Wakefield. | 罗杰·韦克菲尔德 |
[33:06] | Gillian Edgars. | 吉莉安·艾格斯 |
[33:11] | There’s another big rally later, near here. | 稍后在附近还有一场大集会 |
[33:18] | We’ll be making history. | 我们会创造历史的 |
[33:21] | Cheers. | 再见 |
[33:40] | Tall fellow, wasn’t he? | 他个子很高 不是吗 |
[33:44] | Wasn’t that tall in real life. | 现实中没有这么高 |
[33:47] | He could have been great. | 他本可以成为伟人 |
[33:49] | He had the name, the cause, | 他有血统 有事业 |
[33:52] | the support of good men | 好人们支持他 |
[33:53] | willing to lay down their lives for him. | 愿意为他献上生命 |
[33:57] | They’ve taken a fool, | 他们被愚弄了 |
[33:59] | turned him into a hero. | 把他捧成了英雄 |
[34:06] | And what’s that thing inside there? | 里面那东西是什么 |
[34:10] | not sure. | 我不确定 |
[34:12] | Looks like a dragonfly, maybe? | 看起来也许是个蜻蜓 |
[34:27] | Dougal. It’s not what ye think, man. | 杜格尔 不是你想的那样 |
[34:30] | No? | 不是吗 |
[34:32] | Not what I think? | 不是我想的哪样 |
[34:34] | What, that, uh, that woman was urging ye to foul murder, | 那女人在诱劝你犯下阴毒的谋杀 |
[34:39] | the murder of your prince. | 谋杀自己的王子 |
[34:40] | – No. – Dougal, you have to listen… | -不 -杜格尔 你必须听我说 |
[34:42] | Shut your mouth. | 闭上你的嘴 |
[34:45] | I kent you were a traitor | 我第一次看见你时 |
[34:46] | the first time I clapped eyes on ye. | 就知道你是个叛徒 |
[34:48] | Easy now. | 别激动 |
[34:52] | Ye see, Jamie… | 是这样 杰米 |
[34:56] | ye place yer trust in someone, ye know? | 你信任一个人 |
[34:59] | And ye… ye give into them… | 全心全意… |
[35:02] | ye give into them with your heart and your soul, | 全心全意去信任他 |
[35:05] | and for you to then plan the murder | 结果你却要谋害 |
[35:08] | of our beloved prince… | 我们敬爱的王子 |
[35:09] | – No, Dougal… – Christ. | -不 杜格尔 -天呐 |
[35:12] | Christ. | 天呐 |
[35:15] | I’d rather be hung, drawn, and quartered. | 我还不如被绞死 溺死 五马分尸 |
[35:17] | I would. | 真的 |
[35:19] | Oh, Jamie. | 杰米 |
[35:21] | Ye’ve just… ye’ve betrayed us, you know? | 你背叛了我们 |
[35:23] | Ye have. All of us. | 背叛了所有人 |
[35:26] | Your people. | 你的人民 |
[35:28] | And worse than that, | 更令人发指的是 |
[35:30] | ye’ve betrayed Scotland herself. | 你背叛了苏格兰这片土地 |
[35:32] | No. | 不 |
[35:33] | And you. You’re nothing but a lying slut, | 而你 你就是个满嘴谎言的婊子 |
[35:38] | who would lead a man by the cock to his doom, | 将你的魔爪伸向他两腿之间 |
[35:40] | with your claws sunk deep into his balls. | 魅惑他自取灭亡 |
[35:43] | Claire is my wife. | 克莱尔是我妻子 |
[35:45] | Ye’ll no speak ill of her, even in your anger. | 不准你羞辱她 气话也不行 |
[35:48] | Anger? | 生气 |
[35:52] | Anger? | 生气 |
[35:53] | Oh, no. | 不 |
[35:54] | What ye’ve done to me… | 你对我的所为… |
[35:56] | we’re past anger. | 可不是生气这么简单 |
[35:57] | You’re tired, Dougal. | 你累了 杜格尔 |
[35:59] | Cold and hungry. | 又冷又饿 |
[36:01] | Leave now. | 赶紧走吧 |
[36:03] | No! | 不 |
[36:09] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[36:11] | Jamie, come to me | 杰米 过来吧 |
[36:13] | and I’ll kill you quick for your mother’s sake. | 念在你母亲的情分上 我给你个痛快 |
[36:14] | Dougal, we can talk this through. | 杜格尔 我们好好谈谈吧 |
[36:51] | Just stay down. | 别起来 |
[36:52] | Just stay. | 别起来 |
[37:55] | I’m so sorry, Uncle. | 对不起 舅舅 |
[38:08] | How long since anyone’s been in this place? | 这里多久没人来了 |
[38:11] | Ages, I expect. | 好多年了吧 |
[38:16] | Are these his journals? | 这些是他的日志吗 |
[38:22] | Aye. | 是 |
[38:23] | Aye, if there’s anything here about what happened back in 1948, | 是的 如果这里真记载了1948年发生的事 |
[38:27] | we should be able to find it. | 我们应该能找到 |
[38:29] | 1948年 随笔日记 | |
[38:32] | What was that? | 那是什么 |
[38:34] | Probably a rat. | 老鼠吧 |
[38:36] | Here, use that. | 给 用手电 |
[38:39] | At least you won’t be taken by surprise. | 至少你不会被吓一跳 |
[38:41] | Too late for that. | 已经被吓到了 |
[38:43] | Would you rather I did a rat satire? | 你想让我来段老鼠歌吗 |
[38:46] | A what? | 什么 |
[38:48] | A rat satire. | 老鼠歌 |
[38:51] | An old Scottish custom. | 古老的苏格兰习俗 |
[38:53] | If you had rats in your house, | 如果家里有老鼠 |
[38:54] | you could make them go away by singing to them | 可以唱歌来赶走老鼠 |
[38:56] | and telling them how poor the eating was | 告诉老鼠这里的食物多难吃 |
[38:58] | where they were and how good it was elsewhere. | 而别处的食物多美味 |
[39:01] | You’re kidding, right? | 你开玩笑吧 |
[39:03] | Ye rats, ye are too many, | 老鼠多多 |
[39:06] | If ye would dine in plenty, | 想要吃饱 |
[39:08] | Ye must go, ye must go. | 快快跑走 |
[39:11] | Go and fill your bellies, | 去吃饱饱 |
[39:12] | dinna stay and gnaw my wellies. | 不要留下 咬我长靴 |
[39:15] | Go, ye rats, go! | 老鼠 快走 快快走 |
[39:19] | You just made that up. | 你随口瞎编的 |
[39:20] | Obviously. | 当然了 |
[39:22] | Any good rat satire must always be… | 一首好的老鼠歌一定要是… |
[39:27] | original. | 原创的 |
[39:29] | Wow, after that performance, | 经过刚才的表演 |
[39:31] | there shouldn’t be a rat within miles of this place. | 这里方圆几公里都不会有老鼠了 |
[39:39] | Randall. | 兰德尔 |
[39:46] | Now there’s an heirloom for you. | 这有你的祖传遗物 |
[39:50] | A letter of commission in the army, | 军队的任命书 |
[39:51] | signed by His Royal Majesty, King George II. | 由乔治二世国王殿下签发 |
[39:55] | Dated 1735. | 签于1735年 |
[40:00] | “Jonathan Wolverton Randall.” | “乔纳森·沃弗顿·兰德尔” |
[40:02] | I remember Daddy talking about him. | 我记得爸爸说起过他 |
[40:04] | He’s one of our ancestors. | 他是我们的祖先之一 |
[40:14] | Here’s a letter from your father. | 这封信是你父亲寄来的 |
[40:18] | The Reverend was doing research on the Captain… | 牧师在研究那个队长的事迹… |
[40:22] | and my father told him to abandon the project. | 而我父亲让他放弃那个研究 |
[40:24] | “He’s not the man I thought.” | “他不是我想的那样” |
[40:27] | Odd. | 奇怪 |
[40:30] | Then let’s take these boxes into the library. | 我们把这些资料都拿到图书馆吧 |
[40:36] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[40:37] | Oh, Christ. | 天呐 |
[40:38] | Rupert. | 鲁珀特 |
[40:39] | I’d have torn out my one good eye, | 我宁愿自己双眼全瞎 |
[40:41] | if it could have stopped me seeing this. | 也不想见到这一幕啊 |
[40:43] | But seen it I have. | 但我确实看见了 |
[40:45] | Aye, ye have. | 是 你看见了 |
[40:48] | Wait. | 等下 |
[40:49] | There’s one service I ask of you. | 我只有一事相求 |
[40:55] | Give me two hours. | 给我两个小时 |
[40:57] | There are some things I need to tend to. | 我需要去处理些事 |
[41:00] | Ye understand? | 你能理解吗 |
[41:05] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[41:06] | And then I’ll come back and answer for what I have done. | 然后我就回来 为自己的所为负责 |
[41:10] | I give ye my word. | 我向你保证 |
[41:12] | Two hours. | 两小时 |
[41:14] | Grant me that, | 我处理完 |
[41:15] | before ye speak. | 你再告诉大家 |
[41:18] | For the memory of the friendship that I once had for you, | 看在我们往日的情份上 |
[41:22] | which you have now murdered | 虽然现在情分已尽 |
[41:24] | as certainly as you did my chieftain… | 毕竟你杀害了我的战酋 |
[41:28] | I’ll give ye two hours, | 我给你两小时 |
[41:31] | and then I’ll damn your soul to the fiery pit. | 然后我会将你千刀万剐 |
[41:48] | You can see how flat and open and boggy it is. | 这里平坦宽阔 又有很多沼泽 |
[41:52] | The Highland army was completely exposed, | 高地军队毫无掩护 |
[41:54] | and they then charged into the teeth of musket fire, cannons, mortars. | 他们冲向火枪 大炮迫击炮的枪林弹雨里 |
[41:59] | And it was very, very quick and very bloody. | 非常迅速 非常血腥 |
[42:02] | In effect, Culloden marked the end of the clans | 实际上 克罗登之战标志着宗族 |
[42:07] | and the end of the Highlander way of life. | 以及苏格兰高地人生活方式的终结 |
[42:19] | Are you a Fraser? | 你是弗雷泽家的人吗 |
[42:25] | Yes. I am. | 是 我是 |
[42:49] | I swore I’d never set foot on this horrid place, | 我发过誓 不会再来这个鬼地方 |
[42:54] | but here I am… | 但我还是来了 |
[42:57] | and you’re here too. | 你也在这里 |
[42:59] | Or your bones, at least. | 至少你的尸骨在这里 |
[43:04] | I’m not going to cry… | 我不会哭 |
[43:08] | because you wouldn’t want that, | 因为你不会想看到我哭的 |
[43:11] | and besides… | 再说 |
[43:16] | I’ve come with good news. | 我是带着好消息来的 |
[43:22] | You have a daughter, Brianna. | 你有个女儿 叫布丽安娜 |
[43:28] | Named after your father, | 是以你父亲的名字命名的 |
[43:31] | just as I promised. | 就像我当初答应你的那样 |
[43:43] | Jamie, I… | 杰米 我 |
[43:46] | was angry at you… | 这么久以来 |
[43:50] | for such a long time. | 都很生你的气 |
[43:55] | You made me go and live a life that… | 你让我离开 让我去过一种 |
[43:59] | I didn’t want to live. | 我不想过的日子 |
[44:03] | But you were right, | 但是你是对的 |
[44:05] | damn you. | 真该死 |
[44:10] | Brianna was safe… | 布丽安娜很安全 |
[44:15] | and loved… | 有人爱她 |
[44:17] | and raised well. | 被养育得很好 |
[44:19] | But sometimes, | 但有的时候 |
[44:22] | oh, when she turns and the light catches her red hair or… | 当她转身 灯光照在她的红发上时 |
[44:28] | I see her smile in her sleep… | 或是看到她熟睡中的笑容时 |
[44:33] | it takes my breath away… | 都会让我感觉无法呼吸 |
[44:37] | because I see you. | 因为我在她身上看到了你 |
[44:45] | She was born… | 她是早上七点十五分 |
[44:47] | 7:15 | 出生的 |
[44:49] | on a rainy Boston morning. | 那天早上波士顿下着雨 |
[44:57] | And that’s everything. | 就只有这些了 |
[45:00] | Everything I can remember. | 这是我能记住的所有事情 |
[45:03] | See? No tears. | 看到了吗 我没哭 |
[45:06] | Bet you didn’t think I could do that, did you? | 我猜你肯定没想到我能忍住眼泪 对吗 |
[45:20] | That day at Craigh na Dun… | 那天在克雷尼顿 |
[45:26] | we said a lot of things, | 我们说了很多话 |
[45:29] | but there was one thing I didn’t say. | 但有件事我却没说出口 |
[45:34] | Couldn’t. | 我说不出口 |
[45:38] | I haven’t for… | 这20年来 |
[45:40] | 20 years. | 我都说不出口 |
[45:46] | But I’m here, | 但今天我来了 |
[45:50] | and now it’s time. | 是时候说这句话了 |
[46:00] | Good-bye, Jamie Fraser. | 再见 杰米·弗雷泽 |
[46:07] | My love. | 我的挚爱 |
[46:25] | Rest easy, soldier. | 安息吧 战士 |
[46:50] | “Kidnapped by the Fairies”? | “被仙女带走” |
[46:54] | “Claire Randall, | “克莱尔·兰德尔 |
[46:55] | “wife of noted historian Frank Randall… | 著名历史学家弗兰克·兰德尔的妻子 |
[46:58] | “Holiday in Inverness. Car found. | 因弗内斯的假日 找到了汽车 |
[47:00] | Police thought she was possibly murdered.” | 警方认为她可能被谋杀了” |
[47:03] | Well, obviously not. She turned up. | 很显然没有 她后来出现了 |
[47:04] | Three years later. | 在三年后 |
[47:06] | “Mysteriously found wandering, | “不可思议地出现了 衣衫褴褛地在游荡 |
[47:07] | dressed in rags, disoriented, incoherent.” | 迷失方向 语无伦次” |
[47:10] | I think we’ve found your “Incident.” | 我想我们找到你想找的”事件”了 |
[47:14] | What about the Reverend’s journal? | 不如看看牧师的日记里会有什么 |
[47:16] | Maybe he says more about this. | 或许他对这件事记录得更多 |
[47:18] | Are you sure you want to do this? | 你确定要这样做吗 |
[47:20] | You may not like what you find. | 最后的结果你可能不会喜欢 |
[47:22] | I want the truth. | 我想知道真相 |
[47:25] | No matter what. | 无论真相是什么 |
[47:34] | Oh, there you are. | 你来了 |
[47:36] | Would you like some tea? | 要喝茶吗 |
[47:38] | What I’d like is to know | 我想知道 |
[47:39] | exactly what you’ve been doing the past two days. | 过去的这两天里你究竟在干什么 |
[47:42] | As I told you, I’ve just been… | 我告诉过你了 我只是在 |
[47:44] | Puttering around town, collecting herbs. | 城里四处走走 找找草药 |
[47:47] | Is that all? | 仅此而已吗 |
[47:50] | What’s going on, Bree? | 怎么了 布丽 |
[47:52] | Did you see him? | 你去见他了吗 |
[47:54] | Who? | 谁 |
[47:55] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[47:58] | Did you see my father? | 你去见我父亲了吗 |
[48:00] | What kind of question is that to ask? | 你怎么会问这种问题 |
[48:02] | Not Daddy. | 不是爸爸 |
[48:03] | No, he’s dead. I know that. | 不是他 他死了 这个我知道 |
[48:04] | I’m talking about my father, | 我说的是我的亲生父亲 |
[48:06] | the man you had an affair with. | 你的出轨对象 |
[48:08] | The man you were with for three years. | 那三年里 你都和他在一起那个男人 |
[48:32] | Bree. | 布丽 |
[48:40] | It’s complicated. | 事情很复杂 |
[48:42] | No, it’s pretty simple, actually. | 不 其实很简单 |
[48:45] | Newspapers say your “Miraculous return” | 报纸上说 你于1948年4月 |
[48:47] | was in April 1948. | “奇迹般回归” |
[48:49] | I was born in November ’48. | 而我是48年11月出生的 |
[48:53] | I did the math, and it turns out | 我算过了 结果证明 |
[48:55] | you were three months pregnant | 当”仙女”把你带回爸爸身边时 |
[48:57] | when the fairies brought you back to Daddy. | 你已经有三个月的身孕了 |
[49:01] | Bree… | 布丽 |
[49:04] | I found something else in the Reverend’s correspondence. | 我在牧师的信件里还找到了其他东西 |
[49:06] | Not sure what it means, but… | 不确定那代表什么 不过 |
[49:15] | I’m sorry. I should let you… | 抱歉 我应该让你们 |
[49:16] | No, stay. | 不 你留下 |
[49:18] | It’s your house, | 这是你的房子 |
[49:20] | and you haven’t lied to anyone. | 而且你没骗过人 |
[49:26] | I think we should talk alone. | 我想我们该单独谈谈 |
[49:28] | He’s my friend, and he stays. | 他是我朋友 他就要留下 |
[49:35] | All right. | 好吧 |
[49:39] | But I think you should sit down. | 不过我觉得你们最好先坐下 |
[49:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[50:00] | There was a… another man. | 是有另外一个男人的存在 |
[50:05] | And I loved him very much. | 而且我非常爱他 |
[50:14] | And yes… | 没错 |
[50:18] | he was your real father. | 他就是你的亲生父亲 |
[50:24] | You lied. | 你骗我 |
[50:28] | All my life, you’ve lied to me. | 从我出生 你都在骗我 |
[50:31] | Frank didn’t want you to know. | 弗兰克不想让你知道 |
[50:33] | Don’t you dare blame this on him. | 你怎么敢把责任推在他身上 |
[50:36] | He wanted to raise you as his own, | 他想把你当做亲生女儿一样抚养 |
[50:39] | and I agreed. | 我同意了 |
[50:42] | It’s why we moved to America. | 因此我们才搬去了美国 |
[50:46] | So we could put all this behind us. | 这样我们才能摆脱这一切 |
[50:48] | Until you found an excuse to visit Scotland? | 直到你找到再次回苏格兰的借口 |
[50:53] | Is that really why we’re here? | 这真的是我们来这的原因吗 |
[50:56] | So I could have some kind of | 你还想给我来次 |
[50:57] | surprise introduction to my real father? | 惊喜的父女相认的戏码 |
[51:00] | No. | 不 |
[51:06] | It’s not possible, anyway. | 那是不可能的 |
[51:09] | Because he has no interest in meeting his daughter? | 因为他根本不想见他自己的女儿吗 |
[51:15] | Because he’s dead. | 因为他死了 |
[51:17] | I promised Frank I wouldn’t tell you about him, | 我答应过弗兰克 不会告诉你他的事 |
[51:22] | so for 20 years, I… | 因此这20年来 |
[51:26] | I haven’t uttered his name out loud. | 我从没大声说出过他的名字 |
[51:33] | But now you know, | 但现在你知道了 |
[51:36] | and I need to tell you about him. | 我就得跟你说说他的事 |
[51:43] | About your real father… | 关于你的亲生父亲 |
[51:48] | Jamie Fraser. | 杰米·弗雷泽 |
[51:52] | I don’t want to know anything about him. | 我一点都不想知道他的事 |
[51:56] | Not one single thing. | 一点都不想 |
[51:59] | Bree. Brianna. | 布丽 布丽安娜 |
[52:01] | You told me you just wanted the truth, no matter what. | 你说过无论如何 你都想知道真相 |
[52:05] | This is it. | 这就是真相 |
[52:23] | Most important… | 最重要的是 |
[52:27] | Jamie loved you very much. | 杰米非常爱你 |
[52:32] | Even though he never met you, | 尽管他没有见过你 |
[52:35] | he loved you with all his heart. | 但他是真心实意地爱你 |
[52:39] | And he would have raised you… | 他本来也会抚养你长大 |
[52:47] | Well, if it wasn’t… | 如果不是 |
[52:54] | If it wasn’t… | 如果不是 |
[52:56] | for the Battle of Culloden. | 因为克罗登之战 |
[52:59] | I’ve killed Dougal MacKenzie. | 我杀掉了杜格尔·麦肯齐 |
[53:05] | Canna say I’m that surprised, | 还算在意料之中 |
[53:07] | only that it took ye so long. | 等了这么久倒是没想到 |
[53:10] | What’s to do, then? | 下一步怎么办 |
[53:23] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[53:24] | A deed of sasine. | 一份产权转让书 |
[53:26] | It conveys the title of Lallybroch | 将拉里布洛克的地契 |
[53:27] | to James Jacob Fraser Murray. | 移交给詹姆斯·雅各布·弗雷泽·莫瑞 |
[53:29] | Giving the place over to your nephew. | 把这块地产交给你侄子 |
[53:31] | Aye. | 对 |
[53:32] | This protects Lallybroch | 这样就保护了拉里布洛克 |
[53:33] | and keeps the estate in the family, | 让地产在家族内周转 |
[53:35] | safe from the Crown, | 不会被国王染指 |
[53:36] | to be held in trust by Jenny and Ian | 暂时交给珍妮和伊恩妥善保管 |
[53:38] | until Wee Jamie is old enough. | 直到小杰米长大 |
[53:39] | But it’s dated from a year ago. | 但日期是在一年之前 |
[53:41] | Aye, before the rebellion, before… | 是的 在起义之前 |
[53:45] | I was a traitor. | 在我成了叛徒之前 |
[53:46] | I just need the signature of two witnesses. | 我只需要两个证人的签名 |
[53:49] | Go fetch your master ink and a quill, lad. | 快帮老爷把笔墨拿来 小子 |
[53:51] | Quick about it. Go. | 快去吧 |
[53:55] | Will ye have me take it to Jenny? | 要我给珍妮送去吗 |
[53:56] | No, I’ll have Fergus take it. | 不 我让费格斯送去 |
[53:59] | – Me, milord? – Aye. | -我去 老爷 -对 |
[54:00] | Aye, you’re to ride to Lallybroch. | 好了 你要骑马到拉里布洛克 |
[54:03] | Ye’ll leave now. | 现在就出发 |
[54:08] | This must reach Madame Murray without fail. | 务必要送到莫瑞夫人手上 确保万无一失 |
[54:11] | It is worth more than my life or yours. | 这比你我的性命都重要 |
[54:14] | I don’t want to leave you, milord. | 我不想离开你 老爷 |
[54:16] | – I refuse. – Ye must. | -我不去 -你必须得去 |
[54:19] | Not just for the deed, | 不只是为了契书 |
[54:20] | but no matter what happens here today, | 还在于今天这里无论发生什么 |
[54:22] | it’s important someone remembers. | 都应当被世人铭记 |
[54:24] | You understand? | 明白吗 |
[54:28] | I will not fail you, milord. | 我不会让你失望的 老爷 |
[54:30] | I know ye won’t. | 我知道你不会 |
[54:40] | So how long have you been cooking up this story? | 你编这故事编了多久 |
[54:45] | No, I… I know this must sound crazy, but… | 不 我知道这听起来很疯狂 但是 |
[54:49] | Did you really think I would swallow this… | 你真以为我就这么信了 |
[54:52] | fairy tale? | 这个童话 |
[54:54] | Do you think I’m still five years old? | 你觉得我还是五岁的小孩吗 |
[54:58] | It is not a fairy tale, Bree. | 这不是个童话 布丽 |
[55:00] | The man I grew up with, who loved me for 20 years, | 看着我长大的 20年来爱着我的男人 |
[55:03] | isn’t my father. | 不是我的父亲 |
[55:05] | My real father is some 6’3″ Redheaded guy | 我的生父是个来自18世纪 身高一米九 |
[55:08] | in a kilt from the 18th century? | 一头红发还身穿格子裙的家伙 |
[55:12] | What is wrong with you? | 你在胡说什么 |
[55:13] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[55:14] | Frank was your father in every way that matters | 弗兰克在任何意义上都称得上是你的父亲 |
[55:19] | except one. | 除了一点 |
[55:23] | He didn’t make you. | 你不是他亲生的 |
[55:26] | Jamie and I did. | 你是我和杰米的 |
[55:30] | You’re just like him. | 你和他神似 |
[55:32] | Your hair, your mannerisms. | 你的头发 举手投足 |
[55:36] | he would have loved you and raised you if… | 他本会关爱你 把你养大 要不是 |
[55:38] | If it hadn’t been for the Battle of Culloden? | 要不是因为克罗登之战 |
[55:41] | Oh, my God, stop. | 天啊 省省吧 |
[55:43] | It’s true. Here. | 这是事实 来 |
[55:45] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[55:48] | Here. | 来 |
[55:50] | The deed to Lallybroch. | 拉里布洛克契书 |
[55:53] | Claire Beauchamp Fraser. | 克莱尔·比彻姆·弗雷泽 |
[55:55] | It… it’s my maiden name, my signature. | 这是 这是我的娘家名 我的签名 |
[55:57] | Just admit it! | 承认吧 |
[55:58] | Admit that you are not a perfect person. | 承认你是个有瑕疵的人 |
[56:01] | Own up to the fact that you fucked | 坦白你在和爸爸结婚之后 |
[56:03] | someone else while you were married to Daddy, | 还和其他人上了床的事实吧 |
[56:05] | just like a million other bored housewives. | 就跟其他一众闲极无聊的家庭主妇一样 |
[56:07] | I was not bored, | 我没有闲极无聊 |
[56:08] | and what Jamie and I had was a hell of a lot more than fucking. | 我和杰米经历过的可比远不止上床 |
[56:11] | He was the love of my life! | 他是我一生挚爱 |
[56:21] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[56:26] | Bree, I… | 布丽 我 |
[56:29] | I’m doing this | 我这么做 |
[56:32] | because it’s the truth. | 是因为事实如此 |
[56:37] | Only two people know what the truth really is, | 只有两个人知道真相 |
[56:41] | and one of them is dead. | 而其中一个又去世了 |
[56:46] | Too bad it wasn’t you. | 真可惜死的不是你 |
[57:04] | You stop for nothing, except to sleep. | 除非睡觉 否则别停下 |
[57:08] | And if you do, hide yourself well. | 睡觉时也得藏好 |
[57:16] | You’re a soldier now, mon fils. | 你现在是个士兵了 孩子 |
[57:19] | I love you like a son. | 我把你当儿子看待 |
[57:24] | Like our own son. | 我们视你如己出 |
[58:00] | That doesn’t mean anything. | 这说明不了什么 |
[58:01] | I don’t know what it means, to be honest, | 说实话 我也不知道它能说明什么 |
[58:03] | but the Reverend obviously thought it meant something. | 但是牧师显然认为它意义非凡 |
[58:06] | She’s insane. | 她疯了 |
[58:07] | That’s all that matters. | 这一点就够了 |
[58:09] | Now, don’t lash out at me, | 先别冲我发脾气 |
[58:12] | but that deed of sasine did look authentic. | 这份产权契约看起来是真的 |
[58:16] | So some woman back in 17 | 所以某个存在于18世纪 |
[58:19] | whatever had the same name as she does, | 不知道哪年的女人和她名字一样 |
[58:22] | or she read about someone | 或者她读到过某人的经历 |
[58:24] | and is fantasizing it was her own life. | 幻想那就是她自己的经历 |
[58:25] | Or what if there’s… | 又或者她的故事 |
[58:28] | something to her story? | 的确有据可查 |
[58:31] | Keep that up and I might just lash out at you after all. | 接着编 也许最后我还是会冲你发火 |
[58:33] | Now, look, you told me | 听着 你告诉过我 |
[58:35] | that you could never get close to your mother, | 你永远也无法亲近你母亲 |
[58:37] | that she lived in another world. | 因为她生活在另一个世界 |
[58:39] | Well, maybe she’s trying to show you that world. | 也许她正试着向你展示那个世界呢 |
[58:42] | So you believe she traveled 200 years into the past? | 你相信她穿越到200年以前了 |
[58:48] | Through a stone? | 还是通过一块石头 |
[58:49] | It’s not important if I believe it. | 我信不信不重要 |
[58:51] | She believes it. | 重要的是她相信 |
[58:55] | I’m just saying, | 我的意思是 |
[58:58] | maybe we should keep an open mind. | 也许我们应该持开放态度 |
[59:02] | How ’bout we keep an open tab instead? | 现在先放开了喝如何 |
[59:25] | There were ghosts around me everywhere since I’d arrived. | 自从我来到这里 就有鬼魂一直萦绕在我身边 |
[59:29] | The face was unmistakable: | 那面容真真切切 |
[59:32] | Geillis Duncan. | 格列斯·邓肯 |
[59:34] | I remembered the date she’d told me at the trial, | 我还记得在审判时她告诉我的那个日期 |
[59:36] | the year she came through the stones. | 她穿过石头的那一年 |
[59:39] | 1968. | 1968年 |
[59:42] | This was no ghost. | 这不是鬼魂 |
[59:44] | Geillis was here… | 格列斯就在这里 |
[59:45] | a younger version of her… | 年轻时的她 |
[59:47] | but she was here. | 但她在这里 |
[59:48] | 吉莉安·艾格斯 苏格兰的白玫瑰 | |
[1:00:29] | Hello, | 你好 |
[1:00:30] | I’m looking for Gillian Edgars. | 我找吉莉安·艾格斯 |
[1:00:32] | Is this her residence? | 她住这吗 |
[1:00:34] | Aye. | 是的 |
[1:00:36] | And what is it you want with her? | 你找她干什么 |
[1:00:38] | Well, I’m an old friend of Gillian’s, Claire Randall. | 我是吉莉安的老朋友 克莱尔·兰德尔 |
[1:00:41] | You must be… | 你是 |
[1:00:43] | Greg. | 格雷格 |
[1:00:45] | Her husband. | 他的丈夫 |
[1:00:59] | I’m not going to be in the area long. | 我不会在这里久留 |
[1:01:01] | Do you know where she might be? | 你知道她在哪吗 |
[1:01:03] | I’d love to say hello. | 我想和她打个招呼 |
[1:01:05] | Aye. | 好 |
[1:01:07] | She will likely be with the Roses, but I… | 她应该跟玫瑰在一起 但我 |
[1:01:09] | I’ve no kept up. | 我也说不准 |
[1:01:13] | Slainte. | 祝你健康 |
[1:01:17] | The Roses? | 玫瑰 |
[1:01:19] | The White Roses of Scotland? | 苏格兰的白玫瑰 |
[1:01:22] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[1:01:24] | Aye, bloody Nationalists. | 那群该死的民族主义者 |
[1:01:28] | She spends all her time down the Institute, | 她一直待在学院 |
[1:01:31] | day and night, spendin’ all my money on courses. | 没日没夜的 把我的钱都拿去上课了 |
[1:01:36] | Folklore, they call it. | 他们管那叫民俗学 |
[1:01:40] | She filled up a million notebooks with her findings. | 她在数不清的笔记本上记满了发现 |
[1:01:43] | Why not just learn to type? | 为什么不去学打字 |
[1:01:46] | Get a job if she’s bored… | 无聊了就找个工作 |
[1:01:48] | that’s what I told her. | 我跟她是这样说的 |
[1:01:52] | So she left. | 她就离家出走了 |
[1:01:54] | It’s been weeks now. | 已经好几周了 |
[1:02:08] | So you say she’s been gone for weeks? | 你是说她已经离家出走几周了 |
[1:02:12] | Aye. That’s what I said. | 是的 |
[1:02:17] | Like… | 如果 |
[1:02:19] | if ye do see Gilly, | 你找到小吉 |
[1:02:21] | tell her to come home, eh? | 让她回来吧 |
[1:02:24] | Tell her I love her. | 和她说我爱她 |
[1:02:27] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[1:02:57] | Honestly, this pub’s been here since 1820, and… | 说真的 这家夜店于1820年建成 |
[1:03:00] | Gillian, hi. | 吉莉安 你好啊 |
[1:03:02] | You missed a great rally earlier. | 你错过了一场非常棒的集会 |
[1:03:04] | I’m sorry we missed it. | 很抱歉 我们错过了 |
[1:03:06] | Roger and I are just having a whisky. | 我和罗杰只是在喝威士忌 |
[1:03:08] | Aye. It’s been a bit of a tricky day. | 没错 今天有点不顺 |
[1:03:11] | My mother’s insane. | 我妈真是疯了 |
[1:03:14] | A sentiment echoed by daughters everywhere. | 做女儿的都是这种感觉 |
[1:03:16] | Maybe I’ll catch you again at the next rally. | 要不我下次集会去找你吧 |
[1:03:20] | Afraid I’m leaving tonight to… | 我今晚可能就要走 |
[1:03:24] | further the cause. | 为了推进事业 |
[1:03:26] | But don’t stop asking the hard questions. | 但你要继续提出尖锐的问题 |
[1:03:29] | That’s the way the world changes. | 这样才能改变世界 |
[1:03:38] | For hours I read Geillis’ notebooks. | 格列斯的笔记本我看了好几小时 |
[1:03:42] | I tried to make sense of the convoluted pages. | 我想弄明白那些费解的笔记 |
[1:03:45] | They contained formulas about the art and science of time travel. | 笔记中包含了时间穿越的艺术性与科学原理 |
[1:03:50] | Unlike myself, Geillis had studied and prepared for her journey. | 与我不同 格列斯为了旅程努力学习准备 |
[1:03:56] | I was stunned to learn | 我惊讶地发现 |
[1:03:57] | she believed you must have a human sacrifice | 她认为必须要牺牲一个人 |
[1:03:59] | to move through the stones, | 才能从石头穿越 |
[1:04:01] | and gemstones to protect and guide you. | 还需要宝石来保护与指引 |
[1:04:05] | From what I could tell, | 从笔记上来看 |
[1:04:07] | Geillis planned to pass through Craigh na Dun, and soon. | 格列斯计划在不久后穿过克雷尼顿 |
[1:04:11] | Sadly, I knew how that trip would end: | 遗憾的是 我知道会有什么下场 |
[1:04:14] | with Geillis burned on a pyre in Cranesmuir. | 格列斯会在克兰斯缪尔被绑在柴堆上烧死 |
[1:04:18] | I had to try and stop her. | 我得阻止她 |
[1:04:26] | Gather the Frasers of Lallybroch together | 把拉里布洛克的弗雷泽家族召集起来 |
[1:04:29] | and get them out of here. | 让他们离开这 |
[1:04:30] | There’ll be pell-mell on the moor, | 沼泽即将会很混乱 |
[1:04:32] | wi’ troops and horses moving to and fro. | 军队马匹来来往往 |
[1:04:36] | Nobody will try and stop you wi’ the British in sight | 英军即将抵达 不会有人拦你们 |
[1:04:39] | and the battle about to begin. | 战争即将开始了 |
[1:04:41] | Tell them the order comes from me, | 告诉他们是我下的令 |
[1:04:43] | and they’ll follow without question. | 他们会无条件听令的 |
[1:04:45] | Lead them off the moor and away from the battle. | 带他们离开沼泽 远离战场 |
[1:04:47] | Set them on the road to Lallybroch and home. | 让他们回到拉里布洛克的故乡 |
[1:04:51] | Are ye sure? | 你确定吗 |
[1:04:52] | Aye. | 是的 |
[1:04:55] | This battle is already lost. | 这场战争我们已经输了 |
[1:04:58] | No matter how righteous, | 即使这是场正义的战争 |
[1:05:00] | it was doomed from the start. | 但从一开始就注定要失败 |
[1:05:02] | We’ve done all we could, | 我们已经竭尽全力了 |
[1:05:05] | but now it’s over. | 但现在都结束了 |
[1:05:07] | I’ll not have my kin die for nothing. | 我不能让我的族人白白送死 |
[1:05:11] | And what are you to do? | 那你有什么打算 |
[1:05:15] | I’ll take Claire to safety. | 我要把克莱尔带到安全的地方 |
[1:05:19] | Then I’ll turn back… | 然后我会回来 |
[1:05:24] | back to Culloden, | 回到克罗登 |
[1:05:26] | and fight till it’s done. | 战到最后一刻 |
[1:05:38] | I’ll guide yer men to safety | 我会把你的人带到安全的地方 |
[1:05:40] | and set them on the path home. | 让他们踏上回家的道路 |
[1:05:43] | But ken this: when ye return, | 但你记住 等你回来后 |
[1:05:46] | – I’ll be waiting here to fight by yer side. – No. | -我会在这等你 与你并肩作战 -不 |
[1:05:51] | No, I said I’ll not have ye dying for nothing. | 不行 我说了不能让你白白送死 |
[1:05:55] | I won’t be. | 不会的 |
[1:05:58] | I’ll be dying with you. | 我会和你一起战死 |
[1:06:17] | I don’t want to argue. | 我不想和你吵 |
[1:06:23] | Let’s just agree that I have a father who… isn’t Daddy. | 让我们同意我的亲生父亲不是爸爸吧 |
[1:06:31] | I don’t want to discuss your whole time travel delusion, | 我不想你和讨论时间穿越的幻想 |
[1:06:36] | but I do want to know more about this… | 但我想再了解一下这位 |
[1:06:41] | Jamie Fraser. | 杰米·弗雷泽 |
[1:06:46] | Tell me about him. | 和我说说他吧 |
[1:06:49] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[1:06:53] | All right. | 好吧 |
[1:06:58] | he was tall and had red hair just like yours. | 他很高 有一头像你一样的红发 |
[1:07:08] | His father’s name was Brian, | 他父亲叫布莱恩 |
[1:07:10] | and that’s where your name came from. | 你的名字就是这么来的 |
[1:07:15] | He spoke French, and he loved to play chess. | 他说法语 喜欢下象棋 |
[1:07:19] | he had a sister, Jenny, who’s your aunt… | 有个姐姐 珍妮 是你的姑妈 |
[1:07:31] | It would take too long | 让你彻底了解他 |
[1:07:34] | to tell you everything about him. | 需要很长时间 |
[1:07:38] | But I promise I will. | 但我一定会全部告诉你 |
[1:07:43] | Today, I visited his grave on Culloden Moor | 今天我去了克罗登沼泽为他扫墓 |
[1:07:47] | and was telling him all about you… | 一直在和他说你的事 |
[1:07:49] | This is the part where you lose me. | 这些就不用和我说了 |
[1:07:50] | I didn’t intend to fall in love. | 我并没有想爱上他 |
[1:07:56] | In fact, I… I fought against it. | 其实我反抗过 |
[1:08:00] | But I couldn’t deny what I felt for him. | 但我无法否认对他的爱 |
[1:08:04] | And I tried… | 我试过 |
[1:08:08] | but I couldn’t. | 但做不到 |
[1:08:12] | It was the most powerful thing that I’ve… | 这是我一生中 |
[1:08:16] | ever felt in my life. | 最强烈的感觉 |
[1:08:31] | How is she? | 她怎么样 |
[1:08:34] | Well, we’re talking, at least. | 起码和她聊了一会 |
[1:08:37] | A fair improvement on shouting. | 比叫嚷好多了 |
[1:08:42] | Well, do… do you know Gillian Edgars? | 你认识吉莉安·艾格斯吗 |
[1:08:44] | Not really. | 不算认识 |
[1:08:45] | I know she gave Brianna that after… | 我知道她给了布丽安娜那个 |
[1:08:47] | Brianna’s actually met her? | 布丽安娜见过她吗 |
[1:08:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:08:50] | Gillian’s great. | 吉莉安很好 |
[1:08:52] | I mean, she’s a little crazy | 我是说 她对 |
[1:08:53] | on the whole Scottish nationalist thing, | 苏格兰民族主义有些疯狂 |
[1:08:55] | but I liked her. | 但我喜欢她 |
[1:08:57] | Do you know where she is now? | 你知道她现在在哪里吗 |
[1:08:59] | No. Why? | 不知道 怎么了 |
[1:09:01] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[1:09:02] | I need to find her. It’s important. | 我得找到她 很重要 |
[1:09:04] | We… we just ran into her at the pub. | 我们刚在酒吧碰到她 |
[1:09:08] | She said she was leaving town tonight. | 她说她今晚离开这里 |
[1:09:10] | Something about going somewhere to “Further the cause.” | 说是要去哪里”推动事业” |
[1:09:12] | Didn’t sound like she would be back. | 听起来不像是要回来 |
[1:09:15] | She’s going through the stones. | 她要穿过石头 |
[1:09:18] | We’re not talking about this again. | 我们不要再谈这个 |
[1:09:20] | Gillian Edgars is Geillis Duncan from the witch trial. | 吉莉安·艾格斯就是审判的女巫格列斯·邓肯 |
[1:09:22] | This is her. | 这就是她 |
[1:09:24] | She is the one who saved my life, | 是她救了我的命 |
[1:09:26] | and if I can stop her going through the stones, | 如果我能阻止她穿过石头 |
[1:09:28] | then perhaps I can do the same for her. | 也许我也能救她的命 |
[1:09:34] | Except I can’t. | 不过我不能 |
[1:09:37] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:09:39] | Because of you. | 因为你 |
[1:09:41] | Me? | 我 |
[1:09:44] | When you told me that you were a MacKenzie… | 你跟我说你是麦肯齐家族的人时 |
[1:09:48] | I looked up your family history. | 我调查了你的家族史 |
[1:09:51] | Your seven-times great grandparents | 你的七代曾祖父母 |
[1:09:54] | were William and Sara MacKenzie. | 是威廉姆和莎拉·麦肯齐 |
[1:09:56] | They couldn’t have children, | 他们没法生孩子 |
[1:09:57] | so they were given one to raise as their own. | 所以家族给了他们一个孩子 让他们视若己出 |
[1:10:00] | That child belonged to Dougal MacKenzie and Geillis Duncan. | 那孩子是杜格尔·麦肯齐和格列斯·邓肯的 |
[1:10:04] | So you’re saying that my ancestors are actually the war chief | 你在说我的祖先实际上是你提到过的 |
[1:10:08] | that you spoke of and the witch? | 战酋和女巫吗 |
[1:10:11] | Don’t drag Roger into this. | 别把罗杰扯进来 |
[1:10:14] | He has the same right as you to know who he is. | 他跟你一样有权知道自己的身份 |
[1:10:18] | If all this is true, then we have to stop her, don’t we? | 如果这都是真的 那我们就得去阻止她 对吧 |
[1:10:22] | If she’s going back to be burned alive. | 如果她要回去被活活烧死 |
[1:10:24] | You’re kidding me. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[1:10:26] | But what if she never goes back, | 但如果她没回去呢 |
[1:10:28] | never meets Dougal MacKenzie, | 从未见过杜格尔·麦肯齐 |
[1:10:30] | never has their child? | 从未生过孩子 |
[1:10:33] | What if you’re never born? | 如果你从未出生呢 |
[1:10:35] | How I can not be born? I’m here. | 我怎么可能从未出生 我就在这里 |
[1:10:37] | I can’t just evaporate. | 我不能凭空蒸发 |
[1:10:39] | I don’t know how this all works. | 我不知道这一切是怎么回事 |
[1:10:43] | Roger, you’re not buying this, are you? | 罗杰 你不会信了吗 |
[1:10:47] | I don’t know… | 我不知道 |
[1:10:49] | but just to be on the safe side, | 但为了保险起见 |
[1:10:52] | I say we find her. Warn her, at least. | 我建议我们找到她 至少警告她 |
[1:10:54] | Yes, I… I could warn her | 是的 我可以警告她 |
[1:10:58] | not to draw attention to herself in the past. | 不要在过去引人注目 |
[1:11:01] | Do you see what’s happening here? | 你看出这是什么情况了吗 |
[1:11:03] | Roger, you are feeding her delusions. | 罗杰 你在给她提供幻想 |
[1:11:08] | Brianna. | 布丽安娜 |
[1:11:10] | Maybe I am. | 也许我是在这样做 |
[1:11:12] | But this could be our chance to make her actually face it. | 但这可能让我们有机会让她面对 |
[1:11:15] | – Face what? – Gillian. | -面对什么 -吉莉安 |
[1:11:18] | See what Gillian says about all this. | 看看吉莉安对这一切怎么说 |
[1:11:20] | And what if Gillian is as crazy as she is? | 如果吉莉安跟她一样疯呢 |
[1:11:23] | What if she really thinks that you can travel | 如果她真的觉得你能通过 |
[1:11:25] | through solid stone to the past? | 坚固的石头穿越到过去呢 |
[1:11:27] | Well, then maybe we all get to watch her slam her head | 也许我们都能看见她一头撞在 |
[1:11:29] | into a five-ton block of granite. | 重达五吨的花岗岩上 |
[1:11:31] | Either way, this gives us a chance to put a stop to it all. | 不管怎么样 这都让我们有机会制止这一切 |
[1:11:37] | – Okay. – I’ll get my keys. | -好吧 -我去拿钥匙 |
[1:12:15] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪里 |
[1:12:16] | Red Jamie won’t get far, but… but you. | 红杰米走不远 但你 |
[1:12:19] | I can save you, and I will. | 我可以救你 我会的 |
[1:12:22] | Well, we can leave together. Now. | 我们可以一起走 现在就走 |
[1:12:24] | We could sail somewhere, anywhere. | 我们可以乘船去别的地方 什么地方都行 |
[1:12:25] | The country is roused. | 苏格兰上下十分愤怒 |
[1:12:27] | The ports are closed. | 港口关闭了 |
[1:12:28] | I’m no afraid to die, Sassenach. | 我不害怕死 英格兰人 |
[1:12:30] | A musket ball, maybe a blade. | 中枪而死 也许是被刀砍死 |
[1:12:32] | It’s better than the hangman’s noose | 总比刽子手的套索 |
[1:12:33] | or the wrath of the MacKenzies. | 或者麦肯齐家族的怒火强 |
[1:12:35] | I’m a dead man already, | 我已经是个死人了 |
[1:12:37] | so I choose the battlefield. | 所以我选择战场 |
[1:12:38] | No. Then I will stay here with you. | 不 那我就留下来陪你 |
[1:12:40] | No, no, you won’t. | 不行 |
[1:12:43] | At the witch trial, | 在女巫审判时 |
[1:12:45] | if I’d have gone to the stake with Geillis, | 如果我跟格列斯上了火刑柱 |
[1:12:47] | would you have left me? | 你会离开我吗 |
[1:12:48] | Left you? | 离开你 |
[1:12:49] | I would have gone to the stake with you, | 我会跟你一起上火刑柱 |
[1:12:53] | to hell and beyond, if it had gone to that, | 一起下地狱 如果事已至此 |
[1:12:56] | but I wasn’t carrying your child. | 但我没怀着你的孩子 |
[1:13:00] | You can’t know that. | 你不可能知道的 |
[1:13:02] | It’s much too soon. It… | 太早了 |
[1:13:04] | Oh, Sassenach, you have not been a day late in your courses in… | 英格兰人 自从你第一次让我上你的床后 |
[1:13:07] | in all the time since ye first took me to yer bed, | 你的月经没晚一天 |
[1:13:10] | but it’s been two months now. | 但现在已经晚了两个月了 |
[1:13:13] | You kept track? | 你还记日子了 |
[1:13:16] | In the middle of this bloody war, | 我们还在打仗呢 |
[1:13:18] | – you kept track? – Aye. | -你居然记日子了 -是的 |
[1:13:20] | How long have you known? | 你知道多久了 |
[1:13:24] | Not long. | 不久 |
[1:13:26] | This child… | 这孩子 |
[1:13:28] | this one is all | 将会是 |
[1:13:31] | that will be left of me… | 我剩下的一切 |
[1:13:34] | ever. | 永远 |
[1:13:38] | But now, we must go, | 但现在我们必须走了 |
[1:13:40] | so I beg you, Claire… | 我求你了 克莱尔 |
[1:13:41] | No, no, I can’t leave you. | 我不能离开你 |
[1:13:43] | You heard me give my word to Rupert, | 你听见了我对鲁珀特的保证 |
[1:13:46] | and you made me a promise | 为了饶兰德尔一命 |
[1:13:47] | to spare Randall’s life. | 你也答应了我一件事 |
[1:13:50] | You… you promised me that if it came to this, | 你跟我保证如果情况危急 |
[1:13:52] | ye’d go back through the stones, back home. | 你会回到石头边穿越回家 |
[1:13:55] | But you are my home. | 但你在的地方就是我的家 |
[1:13:56] | And you are mine, | 你在的地方也是我的家 |
[1:13:59] | but this home is lost. | 但这个家已经被毁了 |
[1:14:02] | And now you and the bairn… | 现在你和孩子 |
[1:14:05] | you must go to a safe place. | 必须去安全的地方 |
[1:14:08] | To a man… | 去找那个 |
[1:14:11] | A man that could care for you both. | 能照顾你俩的男人 |
[1:14:13] | No. | 不要 |
[1:14:16] | – No, I… – Claire. | -不 我 -克莱尔 |
[1:14:17] | Claire, there’s no time. | 克莱尔 没时间了 |
[1:14:30] | That’s her husband’s car. | 那是她丈夫的车 |
[1:14:39] | It’s this way. | 这边 |
[1:14:40] | Come on. | 快 |
[1:14:41] | What is that smell? | 这是什么味道 |
[1:14:43] | It smells like a fuckin’ barbecue. | 闻起来像是烤肉 |
[1:14:59] | Geillis, no! | 格列斯 不要 |
[1:15:08] | Where did she go? | 她去哪里了 |
[1:15:10] | Oh, my God, she… she went through the stone. | 天啊 她穿过了石头 |
[1:15:13] | She went right through it. | 直接穿过去了 |
[1:15:15] | Can you hear that? | 你能听到吗 |
[1:15:16] | That buzzing? | 嗡嗡声 |
[1:15:17] | Aye. | 能 |
[1:15:18] | It’s getting louder. | 越来越大了 |
[1:15:24] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[1:15:27] | Roger, go get help. | 罗杰 叫人帮忙 |
[1:16:28] | How will I explain all this? | 我要怎么解释这一切 |
[1:16:33] | How can I go back? | 我怎么能回去 |
[1:16:37] | To Frank. | 回到弗兰克身边 |
[1:16:41] | All that I leave to you. | 那一切由你来决定 |
[1:16:45] | Tell him what you will about me… | 告诉他我的事 |
[1:16:48] | About us. | 我们的事 |
[1:16:50] | It’s likely he’ll no want to hear, | 他可能不想听 |
[1:16:52] | but if he does… | 但如果他想听 |
[1:16:58] | Tell him I’m grateful. | 告诉他我很感激 |
[1:17:02] | And tell him I trust him, | 告诉他我信任他 |
[1:17:05] | and tell him I hate him to the very marrow of his bones. | 告诉他我恨他入骨 |
[1:17:11] | The buzzing. | 嗡嗡声 |
[1:17:16] | It’s so loud. | 好吵 |
[1:17:17] | I’m not ready, Jamie. I’m not ready. | 我还没准备好 杰米 我没有 |
[1:17:20] | Come with me. | 跟我一起走 |
[1:17:22] | Come with me through the stones. | 跟我一起穿过石头 |
[1:17:24] | Na, I can’t. | 不行 |
[1:17:27] | You could try. | 你可以试试 |
[1:17:29] | You hear it, right? | 你也听到了 对吧 |
[1:17:30] | The buzzing? | 嗡嗡声 |
[1:17:31] | I don’t hear anything, Claire. | 我什么都没听到 克莱尔 |
[1:17:39] | Even if I could… | 就算我可以 |
[1:17:42] | go back through the stones… | 穿过石头 |
[1:17:48] | It’s not my place. | 那里不是我的家 |
[1:17:52] | My destiny lies on Culloden Moor. | 我的命运在克罗登沼泽上 |
[1:17:57] | But I’ll find you. | 但我会找到你的 |
[1:18:00] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[1:18:02] | If I have to endure 200 years of purgatory… | 如果我得忍受200年的炼狱 |
[1:18:07] | 200 years without you, | 没有你的200年 |
[1:18:11] | then that is my punishment | 那就是我为我的罪孽 |
[1:18:13] | that I have earned for my crimes, | 遭受的惩罚 |
[1:18:16] | for I have lied, killed, stolen, | 因为我撒谎了 杀人了 偷东西了 |
[1:18:19] | betrayed… | 背叛了 |
[1:18:24] | And broken trust. | 失信了 |
[1:18:31] | But when I stand before God, | 但我站在上帝面前时 |
[1:18:34] | I’ll have one thing to say | 我只会说一句话 |
[1:18:36] | to weigh against all the rest. | 来权衡其它的一切 |
[1:18:42] | Lord… | 上帝啊 |
[1:18:44] | you gave me a rare woman… | 你给了我一个少见的奇女子 |
[1:18:52] | And God, I loved her well. | 我好爱她 |
[1:19:49] | It has begun. | 战役开始了 |
[1:19:57] | Our wedding gift | 我们的结婚礼物 |
[1:20:00] | from Hugh Munro. | 休·门罗送的 |
[1:20:02] | You keep it with you. | 你留着 |
[1:20:07] | Blood of my blood. | 血中之血 |
[1:20:12] | And bone of my bone. | 骨中之骨 |
[1:20:14] | As long as we both shall live. | 至死不渝 |
[1:20:33] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[1:20:38] | This… | 这 |
[1:20:40] | belonged to my father. | 是我父亲的 |
[1:20:44] | Give it to the bairn, | 等孩子够大了 |
[1:20:46] | when he’s old enough. | 就给他 |
[1:20:53] | I will name him Brian, | 我会给他取名为布莱恩 |
[1:20:56] | after your father. | 跟你父亲一样 |
[1:21:23] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:21:35] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:21:40] | And I you. | 我爱你 |
[1:22:06] | Good-bye, Claire. | 再见 克莱尔 |
[1:22:17] | It’s true, then. | 那这是真的了 |
[1:22:19] | Everything you said is true. | 你说的一切都是真的 |
[1:22:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:22:23] | Was that her husband? | 那是她丈夫吗 |
[1:22:27] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[1:22:28] | And so someone has to die to travel through the stones. | 想穿过石头 必须有人牺牲 |
[1:22:32] | I mean, is that how it works? | 是这样的吗 |
[1:22:33] | Geillis believed that she needed a human sacrifice, | 格列斯相信她需要活人献祭 |
[1:22:36] | but no one died when I went through. | 但我穿越时没人死 |
[1:22:42] | Wait. | 等等 |
[1:22:45] | Is this the last place you saw my father? | 你最后见到我父亲是在这里吗 |
[1:22:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:22:59] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[1:23:01] | I don’t understand it, but… | 我不明白 但是 |
[1:23:08] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[1:23:11] | No more lies. | 再也不要撒谎了 |
[1:23:13] | From now on, I only want the truth | 从今往后 我俩之间 |
[1:23:15] | between you and me. | 只有实话 |
[1:23:16] | All right? | 好吗 |
[1:23:21] | Oh, you’re so like your father. | 你真像你父亲 |
[1:23:24] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:23:26] | Only the truth from now on. | 从今往后 只有实话 |
[1:23:59] | I’ve called the police, | 我报警了 |
[1:24:01] | anonymously, of course, | 显然是匿名报警的 |
[1:24:04] | and God knows how long it’ll be before they get here. | 天知道他们多久后才会来 |
[1:24:09] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[1:24:11] | Tell her what you found. | 告诉她你找到的东西 |
[1:24:17] | Some research the Reverend did | 你丈夫请求牧师 |
[1:24:18] | at the request of your husband… | 进行的一些调查 |
[1:24:21] | your husband Frank. | 你丈夫弗兰克 |
[1:24:25] | I’m not certain if he ever sent it on to Boston. | 我不确定他是否寄去了波士顿 |
[1:24:30] | Well, what does it say? | 上面写着什么 |
[1:24:33] | After the battle at Culloden, | 克罗登之战中 |
[1:24:36] | a few Jacobite soldiers, all seriously wounded, | 一些受重伤的詹姆斯二世党士兵 |
[1:24:38] | took refuge in an old house… | 躲进了一所老房子里 |
[1:24:41] | for two days, | 有两天时间 |
[1:24:42] | then they were all taken out to be shot, | 然后他们被拉出来射杀了 |
[1:24:43] | but one of them, | 但其中有人 |
[1:24:45] | a Fraser of the Master of Lovat’s regiment, | 拉瓦特军团的一名弗雷泽 |
[1:24:47] | escaped execution. | 逃脱了死刑 |
[1:24:53] | There were a lot of Frasers on the field that day. | 那天在战场上有许多姓弗雷泽的人 |
[1:24:56] | But… only five Fraser officers, | 但只有五名姓弗雷泽的军官 |
[1:25:00] | and four of them have their names memorialized | 其中四个人的名字印在比尤利教堂的 |
[1:25:02] | on a plaque in the church in Beauly, so… | 纪念牌匾上以供纪念 所以 |
[1:25:04] | we know for certain that they were killed. | 我们知道他们被杀了 |
[1:25:10] | Who was the fifth? | 第五个人是谁 |
[1:25:14] | James Fraser. | 詹姆斯·弗雷泽 |
[1:25:19] | My father. | 我父亲 |
[1:25:29] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[1:25:37] | He didn’t die at Culloden? | 他没在克罗登之战中死去吗 |
[1:25:40] | Well, he meant to die, but… | 他本该死的 但是 |
[1:25:43] | He didn’t. | 他没死 |
[1:25:48] | He survived. | 他活下来了 |
[1:25:54] | He… | 他 |
[1:25:56] | he survived. | 他活下来了 |
[1:26:08] | If that’s true, then… | 如果那是真的 那么 |
[1:26:21] | I have to go back. | 我得回去 |