时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Since you’ve been home for 20 years, | 既然你回来已有二十年了 |
[00:03] | we have to establish that Jamie’s alive 20 years after Culloden. | 我们得证实克罗登一役的二十年后 杰米还活着 |
[00:07] | Part of me doesn’t want to find him either, | 我的内心也有一部分不希望找到他 |
[00:09] | because once we do, you’ll go back to Boston. | 因为一旦我们找到他了 你就会回波士顿 |
[00:14] | I believe these belong to you. | 我相信这是你的 |
[00:17] | I never thought I would see these again. | 我从没想过会再次见到 |
[00:21] | Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[00:24] | It’s the hospital in Boston. | 是波士顿的医院打来的 |
[00:25] | Hello, this is Dr. Randall. | 你好 我是兰德尔医生 |
[00:27] | I scheduled a surgery for next week. | 我安排了下周手术 |
[00:29] | You can handle it, Joe. | 你可以的 乔 |
[00:30] | Let me know how it goes. | 记得告诉我进展 |
[00:32] | “Freedom an’ whisky gang thegither!” | “自由与威士忌同在” |
[00:35] | – I used to quote that to Jamie. – We will find him. | -我曾经还向杰米引用这句话 -我们会找到他的 |
[00:38] | This is exactly what Mrs. Graham warned me about: | 但这正是格雷厄姆太太警告过我的 |
[00:41] | spending my life chasing a ghost. | 穷尽一生追逐一个幽灵 |
[00:44] | It’s time to go home. | 该回家了 |
[02:21] | Sutures are in place. | 缝线准备完毕 |
[02:22] | We’re done here. Let’s pack her. | 好了 准备缝合 |
[02:25] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[02:27] | I think I still see some necrosis under here. | 我好像还看到有些坏疽 |
[02:29] | More retraction. | 继续牵引 |
[02:32] | Systolic’s dropped to 80. | 收缩压降至80 |
[02:33] | We need to control the bleeding and start packing. | 我们需要控制出血 开始缝合 |
[02:35] | We get the necrosis, | 等清除坏疽后 |
[02:36] | and then I will tie off the bleeder. | 我会抑制出血点 |
[02:38] | Forceps. | 夹子 |
[02:42] | – Down to 70. – Dr. Randall. | -降至70 -兰德尔医生 |
[02:44] | – Two seconds. – We don’t have two seconds. | -两秒钟 -我们没有两秒钟了 |
[02:46] | Then one. | 那就一秒 |
[02:51] | Scissors. | 剪刀 |
[02:59] | That’s it. | 好了 |
[03:02] | Forceps. | 夹子 |
[03:06] | I found the bleeder. Clamp. | 我找到出血点了 夹上 |
[03:11] | Tie it off. | 打结 |
[03:26] | 75 and climbing. | 75 并在回升 |
[03:29] | Scissors. | 剪刀 |
[03:34] | All right. Let’s pack her. | 好吧 缝合吧 |
[03:43] | “Listen, my children, | “听着 孩子们 |
[03:44] | “And you shall hear | “你会听到 |
[03:46] | of the midnight ride of Paul Revere.” | 保罗·瑞威尔的午夜漫步” |
[03:49] | Well, we’ve all heard Longfellow’s immortal verse. | 我们都听说过朗费罗的不朽诗篇 |
[03:52] | That fateful night– April 18, 1775. | 那命运的一晚 1775年4月18日 |
[03:56] | “One if by land, two if by sea.” | “一盏灯则走陆路 两盏灯则走水路” |
[03:59] | And our hero, spreading the warning of the British attack | 我们的英雄东奔西走告诉人们英军进攻的事 |
[04:02] | and then single-handedly saving the day. | 然后靠他一个人拯救了大家 |
[04:07] | Except… | 然而… |
[04:10] | it’s a lie. | 这是个谎言 |
[04:15] | Revere did ride that night, | 瑞威尔那天的确在外奔走 |
[04:16] | but he had company– | 但他还有同伴 |
[04:18] | two men, in fact– | 其实是两名 |
[04:19] | William Dawes and Samuel Prescott. | 威廉姆·道斯和塞穆尔·普雷斯科特 |
[04:22] | Revere made it to Lexington, but he was captured | 瑞威尔到了莱克星墩 但是他被英军 |
[04:25] | by the redcoats. | 抓了起来 |
[04:27] | It was Prescott who completed the mission. | 是普雷斯科特完成了任务 |
[04:32] | But his name is lost to history. Why? | 但他的名字却被遗忘在历史长河中 为什么 |
[04:38] | Revere had a better publicist. | 瑞威尔的公关更好 |
[04:42] | Okay. | 好了 |
[04:43] | After the Christmas break, we’ll continue to examine | 圣诞假期过后 我们将继续讨论 |
[04:45] | how fictional prose can alter | 小说会如何改变 |
[04:48] | the perception of history. | 历史的描述 |
[04:51] | Have a great holiday. | 祝大家假期愉快 |
[04:55] | Uh, Miss Randall, a word? | 兰德尔小姐 来聊聊 |
[05:01] | You’re failing. | 你的成绩下滑了 |
[05:03] | This can’t come as a surprise. | 这并不意外 |
[05:06] | I’ve spoken with your other professors, | 我和你其他教授也聊过 |
[05:08] | and it’s not just history. | 不仅仅是历史课 |
[05:11] | Maybe I’m just not as smart as everyone thinks I am. | 也许我只是没有大家想的那么聪明 |
[05:13] | You wouldn’t be at Harvard if that were the case. | 如果是那样 你就不会考上哈佛了 |
[05:18] | Your father was more than just a colleague. | 我跟你父亲不仅是同事 |
[05:20] | He was my friend. | 他还是我朋友 |
[05:22] | So I’ve always felt a responsibility to look out for you. | 所以我一直觉得有责任照看你 |
[05:25] | Last semester, your grades were outstanding. | 上学期 你的成绩非常优秀 |
[05:28] | What’s changed? | 发生什么事了 |
[05:31] | You can talk to me. | 你可以告诉我 |
[05:34] | Everything’s fine. | 一切都很好 |
[05:36] | You’ve got to turn this around, Brianna… | 你得提高成绩 布丽安娜 |
[05:39] | or your future here is in jeopardy. | 不然你的学业就岌岌可危了 |
[07:45] | You got that look. | 你又出现那种表情了 |
[07:48] | The same look you had when you came back from Scotland. | 就是你从苏格兰回来时 脸上出现的那种表情 |
[07:53] | You ever gonna tell me what really happened over there? | 你要告诉我那边到底发生了什么事吗 |
[08:03] | There’s nothing to tell, really. | 其实没什么好说的 |
[08:05] | Did you meet a man, Lady Jane? | 你遇见了什么男人吗 “简女王” |
[08:09] | – Not exactly. – Jesus. | -不完全是 -天呐 |
[08:12] | I can’t believe you held out on me. | 我不敢相信你竟瞒着我 |
[08:16] | Well? | 说吧 |
[08:20] | Well, there was someone. | 确实有个人 |
[08:23] | From my past. | 我以前认识的 |
[08:25] | So he’s Scottish? | 他是苏格兰人 |
[08:28] | As Scottish as they come. | 是个典型苏格兰人 |
[08:31] | Sounds serious. | 听上去很认真啊 |
[08:35] | As serious as it comes. | 确实很认真 |
[08:37] | Hell, what happened? | 那发生了什么呢 |
[08:41] | We…we went our separate ways. | 我们被迫分开了 |
[08:46] | And I had hoped that we would be able | 我一直希望我们能够 |
[08:48] | to find each other again, but… | 再次找到彼此 但是… |
[08:51] | fate had other ideas. | 天不遂人意 |
[08:53] | Fuck fate. | 去他的天意 |
[08:55] | The postsurgical reports you asked for, Doctor. | 这是您要的术后报告 医生 |
[09:00] | I’m off the clock. | 我要下班了 |
[09:03] | See you tomorrow, Joe. | 明天见了 乔 |
[09:07] | To be continued. | 明天接着聊 |
[09:28] | I’ve come this far. | 我都走到这一步了 |
[09:29] | No turning back now. | 不能回头了 |
[09:33] | Oh, this is either the most daft thing I’ve ever done | -这要么是我做过最蠢的事 |
[09:36] | – or the most brilliant. – Yeah. | -要么就是最明智的事 -是啊 |
[09:38] | $2.50, pal. | 两元五分 |
[09:41] | Keep the change. | 不用找了 |
[10:02] | Brianna, if that is the issue, | 布丽安娜 如果这是问题所在 |
[10:03] | then you do not go out. You buckle down. | 那你不能退出 你要全力以赴 |
[10:07] | You’re not listening. | 你没好好听 |
[10:10] | What? | 什么事 |
[10:16] | Happy Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[10:31] | Look who’s here. | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[10:36] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[10:38] | What a wonderful surprise. | 真是个惊喜啊 |
[10:41] | – What are you doing in town? – I should’ve sent word. | -你怎么来这里了 -我该提前打个招呼 |
[10:43] | Clearly, I’ve come at a bad time. | 显然 我来得不是时候 |
[10:46] | No, not at all. | 不 才不是 |
[10:49] | – Brianna and I were just– – Yelling. | -我和布丽安娜只是… -大吵 |
[10:53] | Brianna has…decided | 布丽安娜决定了 |
[10:56] | to withdraw from Harvard | 从哈佛退学 |
[10:59] | and is moving out. | 还要搬出去住 |
[11:00] | Which is my decision to make. | 这是我的决定 |
[11:02] | – Well, I, um– – Let me call Dean Tramble. | -我… -我联系一下特兰布尔院长 |
[11:05] | I’m sure he can have you reinstated. | 我肯定他可以让你复学 |
[11:06] | No! You’re not listening! | 不 你没用心听 |
[11:09] | I need a break. | 我需要休息一段时间 |
[11:13] | You expect me to just come back to Boston | 你想让我当什么事没发生 回波士顿 |
[11:15] | and be who I was? | 做回自己吗 |
[11:18] | I tried, and it’s not working. | 我试过了 没有用 |
[11:25] | Look, I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[11:28] | I’m sorry, Roger. | 抱歉 罗杰 |
[11:29] | It’s good to see you. | 见到你很高兴 |
[11:31] | Let’s hang out tomorrow, okay? | 我们明天一起出去玩吧 |
[11:41] | I’m so sorry, Roger. Let me take your coat. | 抱歉 罗杰 把你的外套给我吧 |
[11:43] | Thank you, but perhaps it’s best I check into my hotel. | 谢谢 不过我最好还是去宾馆吧 |
[11:46] | – I-I don’t want to– – Nonsense. | -我不想… -胡说 |
[11:48] | No, you’ll– you’ll stay here. | 你就住在这里 |
[11:53] | Have you been back to Inverness? | 你回过因弗内斯吗 |
[11:56] | No. | 没有 |
[11:58] | With Father gone, well… | 因为父亲不在了 |
[12:00] | there’s nothing there for me but books and dust. | 所以那里没有什么好让我留恋的了 |
[12:03] | It’s your first Christmas without the Reverend. | 这是牧师不在后你过的第一个圣诞节 |
[12:07] | Aye. | 是 |
[12:10] | Aye, he, um… | 他… |
[12:12] | he always liked to bring toys to the children’s home. | 他一直都喜欢带玩具去孤儿院 |
[12:16] | We were known to sing a rousing round of | 大家都知道我们 我们每次 |
[12:18] | “O Come All Ye Faithful” for the children | 都给孩子们唱《齐来崇拜》 |
[12:20] | and then eat Mrs. Graham’s plum pudding. | 然后吃格雷厄姆太太做的李子布丁 |
[12:25] | So I suppose that’s one of the reasons | 所以 那可能是我 |
[12:27] | why I took this trip. | 跑这一趟的原因之一 |
[12:30] | I’d like to try an American Christmas. | 我想过一次美国的圣诞节 |
[12:33] | Maybe make some new traditions of my own. | 我要自己创造一些新传统 |
[12:36] | We used to always read A Christmas Carol | 我们以前每年都给布丽安娜 |
[12:38] | to Brianna every year… | 读《圣诞颂歌》 |
[12:40] | till she grew out of it, I guess. | 一直读到她长大不再喜欢吧 |
[12:43] | Or maybe Frank and I did. | 或者是我和弗兰克烦了 |
[12:50] | You seem to be a magnet for our family quarrels. | 我们家人吵架的时候好像特别吸引你 |
[12:54] | You were quarrelling? I hadn’t noticed. | 你们是在吵架啊 我没注意 |
[13:01] | You didn’t just come here for an American Christmas, did you? | 你来此不止是为了过美国圣诞节吧 |
[13:05] | Is it that obvious? | 那么明显吗 |
[13:08] | Well, I’m glad you’re here. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[13:10] | Brianna needs someone to talk to, | 布丽安娜需要找个人聊聊 |
[13:12] | and you’re the only one who understands | 而只有你才明白 |
[13:13] | what she went through during the summer. | 夏天她经历的事 |
[13:17] | Ah, she puts up a good facade. | 她装得很好 |
[13:21] | Well, I think it’s finally hitting her. | 终于装不下去了吧 |
[13:25] | Can I pour you a whisky? | 你要喝杯威士忌吗 |
[13:28] | Sure. | 好 |
[13:34] | I have some news… | 我有个消息 |
[13:37] | that might put a smile on your face. | 可能会让你高兴一点 |
[13:39] | Well, I could do with some good news. | 我正需要一点好消息 |
[13:44] | I’m a historian. | 我是个历史学家 |
[13:48] | That’s what I do. | 我研究历史 |
[13:50] | I pursue. | 坚持不懈 |
[13:53] | I’m like a dog with a bone. | 我就好像看到骨头的狗 |
[13:58] | What are you saying? | 什么意思 |
[14:02] | I found him. | 我找到他了 |
[14:04] | Well, I found an article written in 1765 | 我在1765年一本叫做《福利斯特》的刊物上 |
[14:09] | in a journal called Forrester’s. | 找到了一篇文章 |
[14:10] | It advocates the repeal on the restrictions | 文章赞扬了对苏格兰高地精神 |
[14:12] | of the import of spirits to the Scottish Highlands. | 发扬限制的废除 |
[14:17] | Look at this line. | 你看这句 |
[14:23] | “For as has been known for ages past, | “众所周知 |
[14:26] | Freedom and whisky gang thegither.” | 自由与威士忌同在” |
[14:30] | At the hotel bar in Edinburgh, you told me | 在爱丁堡的宾馆酒吧 你告诉我 |
[14:32] | you quoted that line to Jamie. | 你曾引用这句给杰米 |
[14:39] | You think he wrote this? | 你觉得这是他写的 |
[14:40] | I do. | 是的 |
[14:42] | Look. | 你看 |
[14:44] | Even in the opening of the article, | 作者在文章开始 |
[14:47] | quotes the poem again, | 又引用了那首诗 |
[14:48] | addressing the ruling classes: “Ye knights an’ squires, | 写给统治阶级”你们这些骑士和乡绅 |
[14:51] | wha’ represent our brughs and shires…” | 代表我们的房子和土地…” |
[14:56] | But this is a poem by Robert Burns. | 但这是罗伯特·彭斯的诗 |
[14:59] | Anybody could have known this. | 谁都有可能知道 |
[15:01] | Robert Burns was only six years old in 1765. | 罗伯特·彭斯在1765年的时候只有6岁 |
[15:05] | The poem wasn’t written until 21 years later. | 这首诗是21年之后才问世的 |
[15:08] | Only someone with knowledge of the future | 只有知道未来的人 |
[15:10] | could have quoted lines that hadn’t been written yet. | 才有可能引用还未问世的诗 |
[15:16] | But it doesn’t indicate an author. | 但作者没有署名 |
[15:18] | Have a look at the printer’s name. | 你看印刷工的名字 |
[15:22] | Alexander Malcolm. | 亚历山大·马尔科姆 |
[15:24] | Jamie’s middle names, no? | 是杰米的中间名 对吗 |
[15:28] | 爱丁堡 亚历山大·马尔科姆缮印 1765年 | |
[15:36] | He was a printer? | 他是印刷工吗 |
[15:38] | And living in Edinburgh in 1765. | 还在1765年住在爱丁堡 |
[15:43] | According to the parallel timeline on our calendar… | 根据我们日历上的平行时间线 |
[15:47] | that’s only a year ago. | 只是一年之前 |
[16:04] | Now, I never asked you to do this. | 我从没请你这么做 |
[16:07] | – I thought you’d want to know. – Well, I don’t. | -我以为你会想知道 -我不想 |
[16:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[16:14] | I could’ve lived the rest of my life not knowing. | 我本可以一无所知的过完下半辈子 |
[16:21] | 20 years ago… | 20年前 |
[16:23] | I shut the door on the past. | 我关上了过去的门 |
[16:29] | And it was the hardest thing I have ever done. | 那是我做过最艰难的事 |
[16:34] | And when you told me | 当你告诉我 |
[16:36] | he survived Culloden… | 他从克罗登之战活了下来 |
[16:40] | I began to hope. | 我就开始梦想 |
[16:49] | I can’t go through that again. | 我不能再经历一次那种日子了 |
[16:53] | But this isn’t just hope. | 但这不只是梦想 |
[16:55] | This, this is– | 这是… |
[16:57] | this is real. You can go to Jamie. | 这是真实 你能去找杰米 |
[17:02] | And leave Brianna? | 然后丢下布丽安娜吗 |
[17:04] | With everything that she’s going through now? | 她又正在经历那么多事 |
[17:07] | How? | 怎么能 |
[17:10] | How could I do that to her? | 我怎么能那样对她 |
[17:16] | I am her mother, and she needs me. | 我是她的母亲 她需要我 |
[17:19] | And I cannot abandon my daughter. | 我也不能抛弃我的女儿 |
[17:23] | How can I help? What can I do? | 我能怎么帮你 做些什么 |
[17:28] | Just don’t tell her. | 别告诉她就好 |
[17:31] | It will only confuse matters. | 那只会让事情更乱 |
[17:34] | I won’t say a word. | 我一个字也不说 |
[17:38] | I know you meant well, Roger. | 我知道你是出于好意 罗杰 |
[17:44] | Thank you for a lovely dinner. | 谢谢你款待的晚餐 |
[17:47] | I think I’ll retire now– a bit of jet lag, I’m afraid. | 我先告辞了 我还有些时差 |
[18:30] | What’s all this about? | 这都是什么 |
[18:32] | A friend of mine, Horace Thompson, | 我的一个朋友霍勒斯·汤普森 |
[18:33] | sent these over for a second opinion. | 把它们送来想让我看看 |
[18:40] | Pretty lady. | 美丽的女士 |
[18:42] | Full grown, mature, maybe late 40s. | 发育完全 成熟 45岁左右 |
[19:01] | He sent you over a 150-year-old murder victim. | 他给你送来了个150多年前的谋杀案遇害人 |
[19:08] | You’re only off by about 50 years. | 你的判断只差大概50年 |
[19:12] | Horace is an anthropologist, | 霍勒斯是位人类学家 |
[19:14] | and as he’s looking for a cause of death, | 他想知道她的死因 |
[19:16] | what made you think she was murdered? | 你凭什么觉得她是被谋杀的 |
[19:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:23] | She’s from a cave in the Caribbean. | 她来自加勒比的一处山洞 |
[19:26] | There were artifacts found with her. | 跟她一同发现的还有手工艺品 |
[19:35] | Lookee here. | 看这个 |
[19:39] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[19:41] | – Broken neck? – More than that. | -脖子断了吗 -不止 |
[19:44] | Bone’s not just cracked. | 骨头不仅是破裂了 |
[19:45] | Fracture plane’s right through the centrum. | 破裂面穿过中枢 |
[19:49] | Somebody tried to cut this lady’s head clean off– | 有人想用一把钝刀 把这位女士的脑袋 |
[19:52] | with a dull blade. | 整个砍下来 |
[19:57] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[20:00] | She just…felt like it. | 感觉…像是而已 |
[20:05] | Found in a cave, you said? | 你说她是在山洞里被发现的吗 |
[20:07] | A secret slave burial, they think. | 他们觉得那里是个秘密的奴隶冢 |
[20:10] | But this lady’s no slave, no, sirree. | 但这位女士可不是奴隶 |
[20:13] | She wasn’t black. See her tibia? | 她不是黑人 看到她的胫骨没 |
[20:17] | Short, relative to the femur. | 相对于股骨来说较短 |
[20:20] | The crural index. | 小腿说明了 |
[20:21] | This lady was white. | 这是位白人女性 |
[20:24] | – Bones don’t lie. – They tell all. | -骨头不会骗人 -它们坦诚相告 |
[20:27] | Now… what aren’t you telling me about your man in Scotland? | 现在 跟我说说你在苏格兰的那个男人吧 |
[20:38] | He’s… | 他… |
[20:47] | He’s Bree’s real father. | 他是布丽的生父 |
[20:51] | And I told her when we were in Scotland. | 我们在苏格兰时我告诉了她 |
[20:55] | That’s the reason she’s struggling so much at the moment. | 这是她现在纠结的原因 |
[21:03] | I’m glad you told me. Explains a lot. | 很高兴你告诉了我 说通了很多事 |
[21:08] | You still love him? | 你依然爱他吗 |
[21:13] | I never stopped. | 从没停止过 |
[21:17] | No one thought you and Frank were Ozzie and Harriet. | 没人认为你和弗兰克是模范家庭 |
[21:22] | I’ve watched you live a half-life for 15 years. | 我亲眼看着你过了15年不圆满的生活 |
[21:29] | If you have a second chance at love, | 如果你有第二次爱的机会 |
[21:31] | you should take it. | 你应该把握住 |
[21:33] | Brianna will come around. | 布丽安娜会想明白的 |
[21:41] | Thank you, Joe. | 谢谢 乔 |
[21:44] | She was desperate to be reunited with him, | 她迫切地想与他重聚 |
[21:47] | no matter what sacrifice she had to make. | 不管她要做出什么牺牲 |
[21:48] | Even her life? | 甚至她的生命吗 |
[21:50] | Yes, Barnabas, even her life. | 是的 巴纳巴斯 甚至她的生命 |
[21:52] | She wanted to be with him that much. | 她就有这么想跟他在一起 |
[21:56] | I know it’s been very difficult for you to accept… | 我知道你很难接受… |
[21:58] | You’re kidding. Dark Shadows? | 没搞错吧 《黑暗阴影》 |
[22:01] | Shh! Barnabas has just lost Victoria. | 嘘 巴纳巴斯刚失去了维多利亚 |
[22:04] | Chris is worried he’ll change into a werewolf, | 克里斯担心他会变成狼人 |
[22:06] | and–and–and Elizabeth, | 而伊丽莎白 |
[22:08] | she thinks she’s gonna be buried alive. | 她认为她会被活埋 |
[22:10] | What would your posh colleagues at Oxford say if they knew | 你高贵的牛津大学同事要是知道了你把脑力 |
[22:13] | you were rotting your brain on daytime TV? | 浪费在日间电视剧上会怎么说 |
[22:15] | Ah, those troglodytes wouldn’t understand | 那些老顽固不会理解 |
[22:17] | the travails of the House of Collins. | 柯林斯家族的艰辛的 |
[22:21] | Sorry about yesterday. | 昨天的事很抱歉 |
[22:26] | I shouldn’t have dropped in unannounced. | 我不该突然来的 |
[22:30] | I’m glad you did. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[22:32] | I came for an American Christmas | 我是来体验美国圣诞的 |
[22:35] | and…lobster rolls | 还有龙虾汉堡 |
[22:37] | and Boston cream pies, of course. | 还有波士顿奶油蛋糕 当然了 |
[22:40] | You know, I might know someone who can help you with that. | 我也许认识一个能帮到你的人 |
[22:48] | There’s this thing for my father at Harvard later today. | 今天晚些时候在哈佛有个关于我父亲的活动 |
[22:51] | They’re naming a fellowship after him. | 他们要以他命名一个奖学金 |
[22:54] | Maybe you could come. | 也许你可以来 |
[22:56] | We could go early, and I can show you the hallowed halls. | 我们可以早点离开 我可以带你看看神圣殿堂 |
[23:01] | I’d be honored. | 我深感荣幸 |
[23:06] | We could watch the rest of the episode first, of course. | 当然了 我们可以先看完这集 |
[23:14] | These are the Robinson cloisters, | 这是罗宾逊回廊 |
[23:17] | one of the only examples of Gothic revival on campus. | 哥特复兴在校园仅有的实例之一 |
[23:21] | I wonder how many people have wandered | 我想知道这么多年来 |
[23:23] | through here over the years. | 有多少人从这里走过 |
[23:26] | The conversations that took place, | 发生过的对话 |
[23:28] | the secrets etched in its nooks and crannies. | 蚀刻在角落和缝隙中的秘密 |
[23:33] | It’s funny. | 说来有趣 |
[23:34] | I’ve been coming here since I was a kid. | 我从小就来这里 |
[23:37] | My dad used to bring me, and… | 我爸爸以前常带我来 |
[23:40] | I never once thought about that. | 我从没有这样想过 |
[23:43] | You never wondered whether John Adams or… | 你没有想过约翰·亚当斯 |
[23:45] | or Teddy Roosevelt or John Kennedy stood | 泰迪·罗斯福或约翰·肯尼迪 |
[23:48] | under these same arches? | 有没有站在过相同的拱门下 |
[23:51] | Nope. | 没有 |
[23:53] | No, I was always fascinated with how this was built– | 没有 我一直好奇这是怎么建成的 |
[23:57] | that every single piece of stone | 每一块石头 |
[24:00] | is held in place by the pressure of the one next to it. | 都靠周围石头的压力固定 |
[24:03] | It’s based on measurements, calculations, precision. | 它基于测量 计算 精度 |
[24:08] | There’s a truth to this building. | 这栋建筑含有一种真理 |
[24:11] | That doesn’t sound like the daughter of a historian. | 听起来不像一个历史学家的女儿说的话 |
[24:13] | Well, I’m not, am I? | 我不是啊 对吗 |
[24:15] | I’m the daughter of an 18th-century highlander. | 我是一个18世纪高地人的女儿 |
[24:22] | I had few memories of my real father. | 我有几个关于我生父的记忆 |
[24:27] | Although there were boxes in the garage– | 尽管它们装在车库里的盒子中 |
[24:28] | his letters, his things, but… | 他的信 物品 但是 |
[24:32] | the reverend told me a story | 牧师告诉过我一个故事 |
[24:34] | about what he was like as a child. | 关于他小时候是什么样 |
[24:37] | How he made a martin house, but he made the hole too big, | 他做了一个鸟屋 但把洞做太大了 |
[24:40] | and a cuckoo got in. | 一只布谷鸟钻进去了 |
[24:43] | It’s a silly story, really, but… | 这个故事很蠢 真的 但 |
[24:46] | he made my father real to me. | 他让我更了解我的父亲 |
[24:50] | And knowing my father | 了解我的父亲 |
[24:53] | helped me know myself. | 帮助我了解我自己 |
[24:57] | Everybody needs a history. | 每个人都需要了解自己的历史 |
[25:01] | But how do you know it’s true? | 但你怎么知道他说的是不是真的 |
[25:03] | What if he made it up to make you feel better? | 万一他编造了这些故事好让你好受一点呢 |
[25:06] | Does it matter? | 重要吗 |
[25:09] | But that’s my point. | 但这就是我的意思 |
[25:11] | What is history? | 什么是历史 |
[25:14] | It’s just a story. | 这只是一个故事 |
[25:17] | It changes depending on who’s telling it. | 根据讲述者的不同会发生变化 |
[25:20] | Like Paul Revere’s, like Bonnie Prince Charlie’s… | 保罗·瑞威尔的版本 美王子查理的版本 |
[25:24] | like my parents’, like my own. | 我父母的版本 我的版本 |
[25:30] | History can’t be trusted. | 不能信任历史 |
[25:34] | We should get going. The ceremony is about to start. | 我们该走了 典礼要开始了 |
[25:42] | We’re here to honor the exceptional work | 我们相聚于此是为了纪念 |
[25:46] | of the late Professor Frank Randall, | 弗兰克·兰德尔教授杰出的工作成果 |
[25:48] | who served this university for nearly 20 years, | 他在大学里工作了近二十年 |
[25:52] | and to announce the recipient | 也是为了宣布新命名的 |
[25:54] | of the newly named Frank W. Randall fellowship | 弗兰克·W·兰德尔奖学金的接受者以嘉奖 |
[25:57] | in the field of European studies, but… | 他对欧洲研究领域做出杰出贡献 但 |
[25:59] | first, let’s talk about Professor Randall | 首先 让我们谈一谈兰德尔教授 |
[26:02] | and his groundbreaking research. | 和他开创性的发现 |
[26:10] | Dean Tramble, | 特兰布尔院长 |
[26:10] | it’s wonderful of you – to honor Frank this way. | 谢谢你用这种方式纪念兰德尔 |
[26:14] | It’s the least we could do after all he did for the university. | 他为大学付出这么多 这是我们应该的 |
[26:17] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[26:18] | Oh, Professor Travers. | 特拉维斯教授 |
[26:20] | I’ll need your grant proposal by Monday. | 周一把经费申请报告交给我 |
[26:23] | The endowment board waits for no man– | 基金理事会可不等人[男人] |
[26:25] | or woman. | 也不等女人 |
[26:26] | It’ll be on your desk first thing, sir. | 周一一早就交给你 先生 |
[26:32] | Oh, I’m sorry. This is Sandy Travers, | 不好意思 这位是桑迪·特拉维斯 |
[26:34] | one of Professor Randall’s former students. | 兰德尔教授生前的学生之一 |
[26:36] | This is his wife, Claire. | 这位是他的妻子 克莱尔 |
[26:38] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[26:39] | Professor Travers is undertaking research | 特拉维斯教授正在研究 |
[26:41] | on the influence of colonial English on autochthonous languages. | 殖民地英语对当地土著语言的影响 |
[26:46] | That’s fascinating. | 真厉害 |
[26:47] | Dean, can I have a word? | 院长 能不能说两句 |
[26:49] | Uh, excuse me. | 恕我失陪 |
[26:55] | Frank would’ve hated all this fuss. | 弗兰克一定会讨厌他们的小题大做 |
[26:59] | I think he would’ve rather liked it. | 我倒觉得他会喜欢的 |
[27:01] | He always told me, “The work is the reward.” | 他一直告诉我 工作就是最好的回报 |
[27:07] | If you’ll excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[27:10] | You should’ve let him go. | 你应该放他走的 |
[27:15] | – I beg your pardon? – All those years. | -你说什么 -这么多年 |
[27:18] | You never wanted him, but you wouldn’t give him up. | 你从来不想要他 又不愿意放弃他 |
[27:22] | I don’t see how that’s any of your business. | 这和你无关 |
[27:24] | He told me he stayed with you for Brianna, | 他告诉过我他是为了布丽安娜才和你在一起 |
[27:26] | but I knew. | 但我知道的 |
[27:27] | A part of him was still in love with you | 他心里有一部分依然爱着你 |
[27:30] | and always would be, | 永远会爱着你 |
[27:32] | no matter how much you broke his heart. | 无论你是如何伤了他的心 |
[27:36] | I had to live with that | 我不得不接受 |
[27:38] | because he was the love of my life. | 因为他是我一生的挚爱 |
[27:41] | And I wanted him, | 我想要他 |
[27:43] | even if it meant I had to share him with you. | 尽管这意味着我要和他分享你 |
[27:47] | I could’ve made him happy. | 我本可以让他很高兴的 |
[27:49] | But you were selfish. You wanted it all. | 但是你太自私 你什么都想要 |
[27:53] | So you lived a lie, | 所以你活在谎言之中 |
[27:54] | and you made Frank and Brianna live it too. | 还逼着弗兰克和布丽安娜也活在谎言中 |
[27:58] | You threw away 20 years with him. | 你白白浪费了和他在一起的二十年 |
[28:02] | I would give anything to have just one more day. | 而我愿意放弃一切只为换得和他多处一天 |
[28:21] | That blonde woman at the ceremony… | 典礼上那个金发女人 |
[28:24] | I recognized her. Who is she? | 我认识她 她是谁 |
[28:27] | Uh, she was a student of your father’s. | 她是你父亲的学生 |
[28:32] | I remember her. | 我记得她 |
[28:34] | We were at this bookstore once, | 我们曾来过这个书店 |
[28:35] | and Daddy stopped to talk to her. | 爸爸停下来和她说话 |
[28:39] | Something about it– the way he looked at her… | 有些细节 他看她的眼神 |
[28:44] | It was the same way he used to look at you. | 就像他以前看你那样 |
[28:49] | Back at the stones, we said no more lies– | 在石头那里时 我们说好不再欺骗彼此 |
[28:52] | only the truth between us. | 我们要坦诚相待 |
[28:58] | Frank loved her. | 弗兰克爱过她 |
[29:01] | It went on for many years, | 持续了很多年 |
[29:03] | and he was planning on marrying her. | 他还打算娶她为妻 |
[29:13] | You told me I looked like Jamie. | 你说我长得像杰米 |
[29:17] | All my life, Daddy had to look at me | 从我出生起 每当爸爸看到我 |
[29:19] | and see another man– the man you really loved. | 就会看到另一个男人 你真爱过的男人 |
[29:25] | He must have hated me. | 他肯定恨着我 |
[29:27] | Oh, no, darling. | 不 亲爱的 |
[29:30] | No. | 不 |
[29:32] | You were the one thing | 你是弗兰克心中 |
[29:34] | that was really important to Frank. | 无比重要的人 |
[29:37] | Raising you– that was his life’s work, | 把你养大 是他毕生的心血 |
[29:42] | his greatest joy. | 是他莫大的喜悦 |
[29:46] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[29:49] | There must’ve been a part of you that resented me. | 你心里肯定也怨恨我 |
[29:52] | I was the reason you lost Jamie. | 是我让你失去了杰米 |
[29:56] | Never. | 不是 |
[29:58] | What I resented was that I had to leave Jamie. | 让我怨恨的是 我不得不离开杰米 |
[30:04] | But the day you were born | 但你出生的那天 |
[30:07] | and I held you in my arms | 当我抱着你的时候 |
[30:10] | and nursed you for the first time | 第一次给你喂奶 |
[30:15] | and you looked up at me… | 你看着我 |
[30:18] | I’ve never felt anything else like it. | 那种体验独一无二 |
[30:24] | I love you for you, Brianna. | 我因为你而爱你 布丽安娜 |
[30:28] | Not for the man who fathered you. | 而非因为你的生父 |
[30:32] | You must still think about him. | 你现在肯定还想着他 |
[30:38] | I do. | 是 |
[30:44] | There’s something else that I… | 还有一件事 |
[30:48] | Need to be honest about. | 我要坦白 |
[30:57] | “Alexander Malcolm.” | “亚历山大·马尔科姆” |
[31:00] | This–this is Jamie? | 这是杰米 |
[31:04] | – You found him? – Oh, Roger did. | -你找到他了 -罗杰找到的 |
[31:12] | Then you can go back. | 那你就能回去了 |
[31:14] | That’s not why I’m telling you this. | 我告诉你这些不是为了回去 |
[31:19] | My life is here, with you. | 我的生活在这 和你一起 |
[31:22] | I’m all grown up, Mama. | 我长大了 妈妈 |
[31:26] | I could live on my own. | 我能独立生活 |
[31:30] | I love you, but I don’t need you– | 我爱你 但我不需要你 |
[31:34] | not the way I did when I was little. | 像我小时候那样照顾我 |
[31:39] | I know. | 我懂 |
[31:46] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[31:51] | And God called the light day, | 神称光为昼 |
[31:53] | and the darkness, he called night. | 称暗为夜 |
[31:56] | And the evening and the morning were the first day. | 有晚上 有早晨 这是头一日 |
[31:58] | How do you take a trip like that | 人是怎么完成这样的旅行 |
[32:01] | and come back to life as you knew it? | 还能安然归来 仿佛意料之中 |
[32:03] | And let it divide the waters from the waters. | 将水分为上下 |
[32:07] | And God made the firmament and divided the waters… | 神就造出空气 将水分开 |
[32:10] | I had been, in many ways, further than the moon, | 很多意义上 我曾到过比月亮更远的地方 |
[32:14] | on an even more impossible journey. | 有过一段更不可思议的旅程 |
[32:18] | And the answer was yes, you can come back to your life, | 毋庸置疑 你能回归你的生活 |
[32:23] | but it’s never the same. | 但已物是人非 |
[32:25] | But maybe it was enough to have gone once. | 也许经历一次就足矣 |
[32:30] | How many people can say they had that? | 多少人能有这样的经历 |
[32:32] | And from the crew of Apollo 8, | 这里是阿波罗8号全体乘员 |
[32:34] | we close with good night, | 在结束时 我们祝大家晚安 |
[32:36] | good luck, a merry Christmas, and God bless all of you, | 好运 圣诞快乐 以及上帝保佑你们 |
[32:41] | all of you on the good Earth. | 保佑地球上所有的人 |
[32:46] | Apollo 8, Apollo 8, this is Houston. | 阿波罗8号 阿波罗8号 这里是休斯顿 |
[32:49] | Three minutes… | 三分钟 |
[33:22] | Bree, have you thought this through? | 布丽 你真的想好了吗 |
[33:26] | If I go… | 如果我去了 |
[33:28] | I may never be able to come back. | 可能会永远都回不来了 |
[33:32] | It’s not like an elevator, where you can just jump on and off. | 这不像是坐电梯 想上就上想下就下 |
[33:35] | You’ve done it before. | 你以前就去过 还回来了 |
[33:38] | But there are no guarantees. | 但我不能保证 |
[33:42] | It’s possible we may never see each other again. | 有可能我们再也见不到彼此了 |
[33:46] | Can you live with that? | 你能忍受这份痛苦吗 |
[33:50] | ‘Cause I don’t know if I can. | 我不知道我能不能忍受 |
[33:56] | To not be there to… to see you get married. | 不能亲眼看到你结婚 |
[34:02] | Walk you down the aisle, | 陪你走过红毯 |
[34:04] | or to watch you become a mother… | 看着你成为一位母亲 |
[34:07] | hold my first grandchild. | 不能抱抱我的第一个外孙 |
[34:09] | I know. It won’t be easy. | 我知道 这不是件易事 |
[34:16] | But I have been trying to figure out | 可是 我一直都想弄清楚自己 |
[34:20] | if I was more Randall or Fraser. | 是更像兰德尔还是更像弗雷泽 |
[34:26] | And what I realized is that I’m more you | 后来我意识到 比起两位父亲 |
[34:29] | than I am either of my fathers. | 我更像你 |
[34:33] | And if I can turn out to be half the woman you are, | 如果我能成为有你一半优秀的女人 |
[34:37] | then I’ll be fine. | 那就很好了 |
[34:42] | But I’m the one who knows you better than anyone. | 可我比任何人都要了解你 |
[34:46] | You know who doesn’t know me? | 你知道谁不了解我吗 |
[34:49] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[34:51] | You owe it to him to go back, | 你得回去 这是你欠他的 |
[34:53] | and I want you to go. | 也是我所希望的 |
[34:56] | And tell him everything. | 把一切都告诉他 |
[35:06] | There’s something else. | 你还有别的顾虑 |
[35:12] | What if he’s forgotten me? | 如果他忘了我怎么办 |
[35:18] | Or what if he doesn’t love me anymore? | 或者他不再爱我了 |
[35:22] | You told me what you felt for Jamie | 你告诉过我 你对杰米的爱 |
[35:25] | was the most powerful thing you ever felt in your life. | 是你一生中感受过的最强烈的东西 |
[35:29] | Has that changed? | 那份爱变了吗 |
[35:34] | No. | 没有 |
[35:36] | Then you have to trust it’s the same for him. | 那你也必须相信 他对你也是一样的 |
[35:40] | You gave Jamie up for me. | 你为了我 放弃了杰米 |
[35:44] | Now I have to give him back to you. | 现在我放你回他的身边 |
[35:59] | Joe, I need a second opinion. | 乔 我需要点意见 |
[36:02] | What’s the case? | 怎么了 |
[36:04] | Well, actually, what I need is an honest opinion… | 我需要你给我一个诚实的答案 |
[36:10] | – From a friend. – Okay. | -以朋友的角度 -好的 |
[36:16] | Am I attractive? | 我有吸引力吗 |
[36:20] | Sexually? | 性吸引力 |
[36:22] | It’s a trick question, right? | 这是个陷阱 对吧 |
[36:24] | No. I need a male point of view, | 不 我需要一位男性给我意见 |
[36:27] | and, well, you’re the only man | 而你是唯一一个 |
[36:28] | I can have this conversation with. | 可以跟我谈论这个问题的男性 |
[36:31] | Is this about your man? | 是关于你喜欢的那个人吗 |
[36:35] | I’m thinking of giving it a go. | 我还是决定试一试 |
[36:37] | And you wanna look like you never left. | 你想看起来像是从未离开一样 |
[36:40] | Well, I haven’t seen him in 20 years. | 我已经20年没见过他了 |
[36:42] | Have I changed terribly | 从我们第一次见面到现在 |
[36:44] | since I first met you? | 我的变化大吗 |
[36:47] | You’re a skinny white broad with too much hair | 你是个瘦瘦的白人女人 头发过于茂密 |
[36:49] | but a great ass. | 不过有翘臀 |
[36:51] | He’ll be in heaven when he sees you, Lady Jane. | 他看到你的时候肯定会高兴死的 美女 |
[36:56] | That’s exactly what I needed to know. | 这正是我想听到的答案 |
[37:05] | What? | 怎么了 |
[37:09] | It’s nothing. Just… | 没什么 只是想 |
[37:12] | thank you, Joe. | 谢谢你 乔 |
[37:15] | My pleasure. Merry Christmas. | 不客气 圣诞快乐 |
[37:19] | Merry Christmas. | 圣诞快乐 |
[37:37] | We found them in an antique store. | 我们在一家古董店里找到的 |
[37:44] | These certainly will be useful in Edinburgh. | 这些在爱丁堡肯定会用到 |
[37:47] | I wanted to get you a flashlight, | 我本来想给你买支手电筒 |
[37:48] | but Roger said you’d end up at another witch trial. | 但罗杰说这样你可能会又迎来一场女巫审判 |
[37:52] | Well, I figured this would come in handy. | 我想这个应该能派上用场 |
[38:05] | This would’ve been helpful first time around. | 这个在我第一次去的时候肯定很有用 |
[38:09] | I’ve been thinking a lot about what else I’ll need. | 我想了很多我还需要什么 |
[38:13] | I borrowed some scalpels and penicillin | 我从医院借了些手术刀 |
[38:16] | – from the hospital. – Clever. | -还有青霉素 -聪明 |
[38:19] | Well, I thought, “1766 Edinburgh | 我觉得”1766年的爱丁堡 |
[38:22] | will need it more than 1968 Boston.” | 比1968年的波士顿更需要这些” |
[38:26] | Thank you both. | 谢谢你俩 |
[38:28] | – It’s incredibly generous. – Wait. | -礼物太好了 -等等 |
[38:32] | There’s one more. | 还有一件 |
[38:48] | Bree. | 布丽 |
[38:51] | It’s beautiful. | 好漂亮 |
[38:56] | Topaz. | 黄玉 |
[38:59] | It’s your birthstone. | 是你的生辰石 |
[39:03] | You’ll need it when you go through the stones. | 你从石头穿越过去时会用得着 |
[39:06] | Gillian mentioned in her notebook | 吉莉安在她的笔记本里提到 |
[39:07] | that gemstones were necessary. | 需要准备宝石 |
[39:10] | I lost one both times I went through before. | 我两次穿越时都各搞丢了一枚 |
[39:14] | First, my jeweled watch | 先是我的珠宝手表 |
[39:16] | and then the stone from Jamie’s father’s ring. | 然后是杰米父亲戒指上的宝石 |
[39:23] | How are you going to carry all of this? | 这么多东西你要怎么拿啊 |
[39:28] | I suppose I have to make something. | 我想我得做点东西出来 |
[39:31] | You’re going to make it? | 你要自己动手做 |
[39:33] | After 15 years of making your costumes | 给你做了十五年的衣服 |
[39:36] | and pageant outfits, I think I know my way | 还有盛会服装 我想我很熟悉 |
[39:38] | around a sewing machine, thank you very much. | 如何使用缝纫机 谢谢你担心 |
[39:40] | That’s brilliant. | 太厉害了 |
[39:41] | You could have your very own utility belt, | 你可以给自己做个万能腰带 |
[39:44] | just like the Caped Crusader himself. | 就像披风斗士本人[蝙蝠侠] |
[39:46] | You really do watch a lot of TV. | 你还真没少看电视 |
[41:30] | Mama! | 妈妈 |
[41:31] | You dyed your hair. | 你染头发了 |
[41:33] | Well, I just touched up the gray. | 我把白发染黑了 |
[41:37] | A little help from Miss Clairol. | 多亏了克罗尔小姐帮忙 |
[41:38] | That looks very natural. | 看着很自然 |
[41:40] | You look beautiful– | 你真美 |
[41:41] | with or without Miss Clairol. | 克罗尔小姐帮不帮忙你都很美 |
[41:44] | So is this it? | 就是这个吗 |
[41:47] | The bat-suit. | 蝙蝠侠战衣 |
[41:49] | Yes, I, uh… | 对 我 |
[41:52] | I put some secret pockets in | 我在里面做了些隐藏的口袋 |
[41:53] | so I can bring everything that I need. | 这样就能带上所有需要的东西 |
[41:57] | You made it out of raincoats. | 你在雨衣的基础上缝制的 |
[41:59] | Well, it rains a lot in Scotland– | 不管是哪个世纪 |
[42:02] | no matter what century. | 苏格兰雨水都很多 |
[42:03] | The hem’s a mess, | 衫脚很乱 |
[42:05] | and one arm is still longer than the other, | 一只袖子还是比另一只长 |
[42:06] | – but– – Mama, I promise you, | -但 -妈妈 我敢保证 |
[42:08] | no one is going to care. | 没人会在意这个的 |
[42:10] | Especially Jamie. | 尤其是杰米 |
[42:17] | – Is that my– – Blouse. | -那是我的 -罩衫 |
[42:21] | May I borrow it? | 能借给我吗 |
[42:25] | It’ll look perfect. | 会很好看的 |
[42:30] | Pardon me. I, uh… | 抱歉 我 |
[42:32] | I have to fetch one last-minute provision. | 我得去拿最后的准备 |
[42:40] | He’s a good one. | 他人不错 |
[42:42] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:51] | I want you to give this to Joe Abernathy. | 我想让你把这个给乔·阿伯纳西 |
[42:53] | It’s, um… my resignation letter. | 是我的辞职信 |
[42:57] | He’ll know what to do with it. | 他会知道怎么做 |
[43:00] | And this is the deed to the house. | 这是房契 |
[43:03] | Your name’s on it now, | 现在归你名下了 |
[43:04] | along with all the bank accounts. | 所有银行账户也都是你的了 |
[43:13] | I can’t believe you’re not letting me | 我没想到你竟然 |
[43:15] | come with you to Scotland. | 不让我跟你回苏格兰 |
[43:18] | This is how I want to do it. | 我自己想要这样做 |
[43:22] | First time I went through, | 我第一次穿越时 |
[43:25] | I was terrified. | 非常害怕 |
[43:28] | Second time, heartbroken. | 第二次 心碎不已 |
[43:35] | This time, I want it to be peaceful. | 这次我希望能心如止水 |
[43:39] | If I had to say good-bye to you there… | 如果我得在那里跟你道别 |
[43:43] | I might never go. | 我也许永远也去不了 |
[43:47] | Well… | 好吧 |
[43:49] | That is not an option. | 这可不行 |
[43:54] | Oh, my beautiful girl. | 我的美丽女儿 |
[43:59] | I am gonna miss you so much. | 我会很想念你的 |
[44:02] | But I’ll be fine. | 但我会没事的 |
[44:04] | Find my father. | 找到我爸爸 |
[44:08] | And give him this. | 把这个带给他 |
[44:15] | I have something I want to give you. | 我有东西要给你 |
[44:34] | Scottish pearls. | 苏格兰珍珠 |
[44:37] | Jamie gave these to me on our wedding night. | 杰米在我们结婚之夜把这个给我 |
[44:42] | They were his mother’s– | 曾是他妈妈的 |
[44:44] | Ellen, your grandmother. | 艾伦 你的奶奶 |
[44:50] | You could wear them on your wedding day, if you like. | 如果你愿意 可以在你结婚那天戴 |
[44:57] | They’re beautiful. | 很美 |
[45:13] | Thank you, Roger… | 谢谢你 罗杰 |
[45:15] | for being a dog with a bone. | 你是一条看到骨头的狗 |
[45:19] | For everything. | 谢谢你做的一切 |
[45:24] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[45:26] | One last thing… | 最后一件事 |
[45:30] | wee nip for the road. | 喝上一点再出发吧 |
[45:49] | To freedom and whisky. | 敬自由和威士忌 |
[45:54] | Freedom and whisky. | 自由和威士忌 |
[46:57] | Stay here a minute. | 在这里待一会儿 |
[47:00] | Are you all right? | 你没事吧 |
[47:36] | Lobster roll and Boston cream pie? | 龙虾汉堡和波士顿奶油蛋糕吗 |
[47:39] | Maybe later, we can watch A Charlie Brown Christmas? | 也许晚点 我们可以看看《查理·布朗的圣诞节》 |
[47:42] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[47:44] | Part of your new American Christmas tradition. | 你的美国圣诞节新传统的一部分 |
[47:48] | I have something for you too. | 我也为你准备了礼物 |
[48:48] | “Marley was dead: to begin with. | 话说马利死了 |
[48:51] | “There was no doubt whatever about that. | 这是毫无疑问的事 |
[48:54] | “The register of his burial was signed by the clergyman, | 在他安葬的登记簿上有牧师 |
[48:57] | the clerk, the undertaker…” | 办事员和殡仪承办人的签字 |
[49:02] | When I was small, | 我小时候 |
[49:03] | I never wanted to step in puddles. | 从来都不喜欢踩水坑 |
[49:06] | I couldn’t bring myself to believe | 我无法认为 |
[49:08] | that the perfect, smooth expanse | 完美的平滑的区域 |
[49:09] | was no more than a thin film of water over solid earth. | 仅仅是土地上的一层薄水 |
[49:14] | I believed it was an opening into some fathomless space | 我相信那是去深不可测的空间的通路 |
[49:18] | and if I stepped in, I would drop at once | 如果我踩上去 就会立刻坠落 |
[49:21] | and keep on falling. | 一直往下 |
[49:24] | Even now, when I see a puddle in my path, | 就算现在 我看见路上的水坑时 |
[49:27] | my mind half halts, | 也会停止思考 |
[49:29] | though my feet do not, and I hurry on… | 但我的脚步并没有停 我急匆匆赶路 |
[49:35] | With only the echo of the thought left behind. | 身后只有思想的回声 |
[50:02] | Pardon. I’m looking for a printer. | 抱歉 我找一位印刷工 |
[50:06] | Uh, Mr. Malcolm– Alexander Malcolm. | 亚历山大·马尔科姆先生 |
[50:09] | Aye, just down the way and to the left. | 往前走 左边就是 |
[50:13] | Carfax Close, madam. | 卡法克斯街道 女士 |
[50:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:11] | That you, Geordie? | 是你吗 乔迪 |
[52:16] | Took you long enough. | 够久的 |
[52:32] | Where’d you go to get the ash? | 你去哪儿弄灰了 |
[52:33] | All the way to Glasgow? | 去格拉斯哥吗 |
[52:47] | It isn’t Geordie. | 不是乔迪 |
[52:53] | It’s me… | 是我 |
[52:59] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |