时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[00:03] | Daddy, who is that woman? | 爸爸 那女人是谁 |
[00:04] | – Daddy? – Sassenach witch! | -爸爸 -英格兰女巫 |
[00:07] | – Laoghaire? – He’s my husband now. | -里奥加尔 -他现在是我丈夫了 |
[00:10] | What does Laoghaire want? | 里奥加尔想怎么样 |
[00:11] | She may be amenable to alimony. | 她可能会接受赡养费 |
[00:14] | Where do you intend to get the money to pay her? | 你打算从哪儿弄钱赔给她 |
[00:16] | There’s a box… | 有一个箱子 |
[00:18] | full of ancient coins on Selkie Island. | 装着古币的箱子 在斯尔基岛 |
[00:20] | Can’t swim anywhere– not until that arm’s healed. | 你不能游泳 你的手臂还没痊愈 |
[00:23] | I can swim that. | 我可以游过去 |
[00:24] | I’m just not sure if we belong together anymore. | 我只是不确定我们还应该在一起 |
[00:27] | How can you say that? | 你怎么能这么说 |
[00:27] | It’s been so much harder than I could ever have imagined. | 这比我想象中要难得多 |
[00:30] | You belong with me. We’re mated for life, Sassenach. | 你属于我 我们终生为伴 英格兰人 |
[00:34] | Jamie… | 杰米 |
[00:37] | – Uh, where’s Ian? – Ian! | -伊恩呢 -伊恩 |
[00:39] | Go back! | 回去 |
[00:41] | Ian! | 伊恩 |
[02:28] | It’s all arranged, then. | 都安排好了 |
[02:30] | You’ll act as supercargo in charge of the freight. | 你假扮成负责押运的货运员 |
[02:33] | Master Raines is glad not to have the responsibility. | 雷恩斯先生先生很高兴不用负责 |
[02:37] | – She’s not much, but– – – She’ll do. | -她不怎么像 但是… -她可以的 |
[02:42] | Oh, the weather is beginning to turn. | 天气要变脸了 |
[02:44] | Even a brig of this size will be bobbin’ like a cork. | 就算是这么大的双桅船也可能被吹成碎片 |
[02:47] | Uh–but at least you’ll have a physician at hand | 不过至少在你呕得连内脏都吐出来时 |
[02:50] | when ye begin retching yer innards. | 身边能有一位医生 |
[02:54] | I’ll manage. | 我会想办法的 |
[02:57] | All that matters now is Young Ian. | 现在最重要的是小伊恩 |
[03:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:02] | Well, the harbor master had record | 根据港务长的记录 |
[03:03] | of only one three-masted frigate | 只有一艘三桅舰 |
[03:05] | sailing under a Portuguese flag: | 是葡萄牙马得拉旗的 |
[03:07] | the Bruja. Her home port is Jamaica. | 布鲁加号 是从牙买加驶来的 |
[03:10] | And she was riding very low in the water. | 吃水非常深 |
[03:12] | Hold musta been laden. | 肯定载满了 |
[03:14] | Then they would most likely be on their way home. | 那他们很可能是在回去的途中 |
[03:17] | Dinna fash, a healthy male can be sold | 别气馁 一名健康壮实的男性 |
[03:20] | for upward of 30 pounds in Jamaica. | 在牙买加最多可以卖30镑 |
[03:22] | As long as he doesn’t make trouble, | 只要伊恩不惹麻烦 |
[03:24] | Ian will be fine. | 他不会有事的 |
[03:26] | West Indies is our best chance, then. | 那西印度群岛是我们最好的机会 |
[03:30] | Thank ye, Jared. Ye’ve been a great help. | 谢谢你 杰瑞德 你帮了很大的忙 |
[03:34] | Bon voyage. God be with you… | 一路平安 愿上帝保佑你们 |
[03:37] | and the lad. | 还有那小子 |
[03:45] | ‘Twas ill luck to use the money | 这都是因为我想用这笔钱 |
[03:48] | to pay Laoghaire so I could be wi’ you. | 给里奥加尔 好和你一起而招致的厄运 |
[03:52] | Maybe I’m being punished for wanting too much. | 也许这是因为我的贪婪受到的惩罚 |
[03:54] | Jamie, no god worth his salt | 杰米 真正称职的上帝 |
[03:56] | would take your nephew away from you | 不会因为你想要过得快乐 |
[03:58] | just because you wanted to be happy. | 而夺走你的侄子 |
[04:02] | Will we be? | 我们会吗 |
[04:04] | Happy? | 会快乐吗 |
[04:07] | I meant what I said. | 我是认真的 |
[04:09] | You belong wi’ me. | 你属于我 |
[04:11] | If ye truly want to go back, | 如果你真的想回去 |
[04:12] | I’ll take ye to the stones myself. | 我会亲自送你回到那块石头 |
[04:16] | Most important thing right now | 现在最重要的是 |
[04:19] | is that we find Young Ian. | 我们要找到小伊恩 |
[04:22] | Captain, uh, Raines wants to cast off. | 雷恩斯船长想起航了 |
[04:25] | If we don’t, we’ll no catch the tide. | 不然的话潮水就要退了 |
[04:28] | Maybe we should leave tomorrow on a fresh tide. | 也许我们应该明天再走 赶新的潮 |
[04:31] | “Fresh tide”? | 新的潮 |
[04:32] | They’re all the same, ye numbskull. | 那根本都一样 笨蛋 |
[04:33] | – He’s full of nerves. – Aye, it’s no “Nerves.” | -他很紧张 -这不是紧张 |
[04:36] | Twice I’ve been on a ship– | 我上过两次船 |
[04:38] | once when they took me from Scotland as an indentured slave, | 一次是他们把我当契约奴隶从苏格兰带走 |
[04:41] | another when I returned home. | 另一次是我回来的时候 |
[04:43] | If it wasna for Mac Dubh, | 要不是为了布莱恩之子 |
[04:44] | I would no be setting foot on that bucket of shite. | 我绝对不会踏上那种破船 |
[04:47] | Well, if it’s any consolation, | 不瞒你们说 |
[04:50] | I’m not one for sea voyages either. | 我也不喜欢海上航行 |
[04:53] | But we’re very glad of your help. | 但我们很高兴你们愿意帮我们 |
[04:56] | – Has Willoughby arrived? – Aye, he’s on deck now. | -威洛比到了吗 -嗯 他在甲板上 |
[04:58] | Then inform Captain Raines | 那就通知雷恩斯船长 |
[05:00] | that we have sufficient crew aboard. | 我们的人手足够了 |
[05:02] | Just waiting on Fergus. | 再等等费格斯 |
[05:03] | The wee frog’s already on board, Mac Dubh. Fergus and– | 这个家伙已经上船了 布莱恩之子 费格斯和… |
[05:06] | And the baggage from… | 和拉里布洛克的 |
[05:08] | Lallybroch. | 行李 |
[05:11] | The lad’s brought ye some clothes and supplies. | 那小子给你带了些衣服和供给 |
[05:17] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[05:23] | Since Jenny and Ian think we’re still headed | 既然珍妮和伊恩仍然认为我们 |
[05:25] | – to France, then… – They’ll not yet be worried. | -要去法国 那… -他们不会担心 |
[05:29] | I’ve sent them a letter explaining everything. | 我已经给他们寄了一封信解释了一切 |
[05:54] | Try and look at the horizon. | 试试看海平线 |
[05:55] | Might help alleviate nausea. | 也许能帮你减轻恶心感 |
[05:59] | I haven’t noticed my stomach yet, Sassenach. | 我还没感觉到肚子疼痛 英格兰人 |
[06:02] | Watching Scotland fall away is causing pain enough. | 看着苏格兰远去已经够痛苦的了 |
[06:06] | I won’t set foot on our shores again | 找不到小伊恩我绝对 |
[06:09] | wi’out Young Ian. | 不回来 |
[06:12] | We will find him. | 我们会找到他的 |
[06:15] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[06:19] | If this fair wind holds, | 要是风力持续这么大 |
[06:22] | we should gain on the Bruja. | 我们应该能追上布鲁加号 |
[06:26] | Good day. | 你们好 |
[06:35] | Morning, sir. | 早上好 先生 |
[06:44] | – Let’s get settled in. – Aye. | -我们进去吧 -好 |
[06:47] | You, uh, should touch the horseshoe, Sassenach. | 你应该碰一下马蹄铁 英格兰人 |
[06:51] | It’s bad luck not to. | 不然会带来厄运 |
[06:56] | Well, if it’ll make you happy. | 如果这样能让你高兴的话 |
[07:03] | Day to you. | 你好 |
[07:05] | And you! | 你也是 |
[07:10] | Am I invisible? | 我是隐形的吗 |
[07:12] | You know, women are bad luck on ships, Sassenach. | 女人在船上是厄运 英格兰人 |
[07:15] | Redheads, too. | 红发也是 |
[07:17] | – So, you’re bad luck? – Aye. | -所以你是厄运 -是啊 |
[07:19] | That’s why they address me first before I speak to them. | 所以他们会在我开口前先和我打招呼 |
[07:23] | ‘Tis the only way to avoid misfortune. | 这是唯一躲避厄运的办法 |
[07:26] | How has Scotland survived all these centuries? | 苏格兰人到底是怎么活过这么多世纪的 |
[07:29] | It’s not just the Scots, Sassenach. | 不仅仅是苏格兰人 英格兰人 |
[07:33] | The English, Spanish, Dutch– | 英格兰 西班牙 荷兰 |
[07:34] | all have seafaring superstitions. | 都有航海的迷信 |
[07:39] | Dinna want to be caught wi a banana | 你可别在法国船上 |
[07:41] | on a French frigate. | 被发现拿着香蕉 |
[07:43] | – Milord. – Fergus. | -老爷 -费格斯 |
[07:50] | Marsali? | 玛沙利 |
[07:53] | What the hell are ye doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[07:57] | Fergus and I are married. | 费格斯和我结婚了 |
[08:01] | What in the name of holy God d’ye mean? | 这话是什么意思 |
[08:02] | Ye hardly know each other. | 你们俩都不熟 |
[08:05] | We’ve been courting since last August, | 我们去年八月开始就恋爱了 |
[08:07] | and we were handfast this morning. | 我们今早握手定约了 |
[08:09] | – Handfast? – A custom– | -握手定约 -一种习俗 |
[08:11] | it allows two people to be married if they… | 允许二人成婚 如果他们… |
[08:14] | clasp hands in front of witnesses | 于众人前双手合十 |
[08:15] | and declare themselves wed, but… not if… | 宣布他们结为夫妇 但除非… |
[08:23] | – Have you bedded her? – Not yet, Milord. | -你睡过她了吗 -还没有 老爷 |
[08:28] | Then it’s not yet binding. | 那就没有法律效力了 |
[08:32] | Captain! | 船长 |
[08:34] | We need to make for shore. | 我们得靠一下岸 |
[08:35] | If there’s anything you need, we’ll be putting in at St. Ives | 如果你需要什么 我们会在圣艾夫斯停靠 |
[08:38] | for final provisions. | 进行最后一次粮食补给 |
[08:40] | Then Marsali will disembark there. | 玛沙利会在那里下船 |
[08:41] | I’ll send someone to see her home. | 我会派人送她回家 |
[08:43] | This voyage is too dangerous for the lass. | 这次远航对女人来说太危险了 |
[08:45] | You’re taking her. | 你还带着她呢 |
[08:48] | Claire is no concern of yours. | 克莱尔不用你管 |
[08:50] | You left my mother for this English whore, | 你为了这个英格兰婊子抛弃了我妈 |
[08:53] | making her a laughingstock, and ye say it’s no my concern? | 让她沦为笑柄 你还说不用我管 |
[08:56] | The hellish nerve ye ha’, telling me what I shall do. | 你竟然有种对我指手画脚 |
[08:59] | Marsali, chÃcrie, | 玛沙利 亲爱的 |
[09:00] | you must not speak about Milady in such a way. | 你不能这样说夫人 |
[09:05] | – Does your mother ken? – I sent her a letter. | -你母亲知道吗 -我写了封信给她 |
[09:08] | Then she’ll have me killed. I am sending you home. | 那她会杀了我 我要把你送回家 |
[09:11] | I’ll tell everyone Fergus has already bedded me. | 我会告诉大家 费格斯睡了我 |
[09:15] | He hasn’t, but I’ll say it anyway. | 他没有 但我还是会这么说 |
[09:17] | So, you see, | 你选吧 |
[09:18] | I shall either be married or ruined. | 我要么结婚 要么名节受损 |
[09:30] | Fine. | 行 |
[09:31] | You can sail to Jamaica. | 你可以前往牙买加 |
[09:33] | Then I am taking you home. | 然后我会带你回家 |
[09:37] | But Fergus doesna touch ye. | 但费格斯不能碰你 |
[09:39] | We have two cabins. Fergus’ll be wi’ me. | 有两间房 费格斯跟我住一间 |
[09:42] | Marsali will be wi’ Claire. | 玛沙利和克莱尔住一间 |
[09:43] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[09:48] | Let’s go inside. You’re going to be sick. | 我们进去吧 你要晕船了 |
[09:51] | I…I feel fine. | 我很好 |
[09:54] | No, you don’t. | 你不好 |
[10:01] | We’ve been apart for 20 years, | 我们分开了二十年 |
[10:03] | and you want me to room with her? | 而你想让我跟她住一间房 |
[10:05] | Marsali is under my care now, like it or not. | 不管怎样 我得照看玛沙利 |
[10:08] | I am obliged to protect her virtue. | 我有义务保护她的贞洁 |
[10:11] | Mine as well, it would seem. | 看来还有我的 |
[10:20] | Now I am gonna be sick. | 这下我要晕船了 |
[10:34] | Can’t possibly be comfortable there. | 你在那里不可能舒服 |
[10:37] | You should try a hammock. | 你该试一下吊床 |
[10:40] | Swinging’s no helpful. | 晃来晃去更难受 |
[10:45] | Here. | 给 |
[10:50] | What in God’s name are ye forcing me to drink? | 你这是强灌我什么东西啊 |
[10:53] | Ginger tea. | 姜茶 |
[11:02] | Can’t believe Fergus lied to me about Marsali. | 费格斯竟然瞒着我和玛沙利的事 |
[11:05] | Courting…since August. | 去年八月开始 就恋爱了 |
[11:08] | Well… I don’t think they’ve thought through what it means | 我觉得他们没考虑清楚 |
[11:11] | to spend a lifetime together. | 共度一生的意思 |
[11:13] | Neither did we, when we were first married. | 我们当初结婚时 也没有考虑过 |
[11:16] | That’s because our marriage was arranged. | 那是因为我们是包办婚姻 |
[11:21] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[11:24] | The happy couple brought some of our things from Lallybroch. | “幸福小两口”带了一些我们在拉里布洛克的东西来 |
[11:27] | “Our things”? | “我们的东西” |
[11:35] | These are my clothes from when we were in Paris. | 这些是我们在巴黎时 我穿过的衣服 |
[11:39] | Well, you kept them! | 你一直留着啊 |
[11:41] | – Why didn’t you sell them, or– – Sell them? | -你怎么不卖掉… -卖掉 |
[11:44] | Memories of you? | 关于你的记忆 |
[11:47] | Never. | 绝对不行 |
[11:50] | That green cloak that Marsali was wearing… | 玛沙利穿得那件绿色披风 |
[11:52] | I knew I recognized it from somewhere. | 我就感觉看着眼熟 |
[11:54] | Uh, couldna sell yer garments, but… | 不能把你的衣物卖了 但… |
[11:58] | after I thought I’d never see you again, | 我以为我再也见不到你了 |
[12:01] | it seemed all right if Marsali made use of them. | 所以就拿给玛沙利穿了 |
[12:05] | Hope you dinna mind. | 希望你别介意 |
[12:06] | No. | 不 |
[12:08] | Now, has she altered them all? | 她把衣服都改过了吗 |
[12:12] | Not all. | 没有 |
[12:15] | Here. | 给 |
[12:18] | Have some more tea. | 多喝点茶 |
[12:20] | With hope, it’ll be calmer tomorrow. | 希望明天能好一些 |
[12:22] | I’ll be dead by then. | 我那时早死了 |
[12:24] | See to it I’m buried at Lallybroch. | 一定要把我葬到拉里布洛克 |
[12:29] | Mistress Claire, ye’re needed. | 克莱尔夫人 需要你帮忙 |
[12:37] | We were above, near the main-mast. | 我们当时在上面 靠近主桅杆 |
[12:41] | One of the lines snapped and the deadeye hit him in the head. | 一条绳索断了 滑轮击中了他的头部 |
[12:46] | – What is your name? – Manzetti. | -你叫什么名字 -曼泽提 |
[12:51] | And do you know where you are? | 你知道你在哪吗 |
[12:53] | On a ship? | 船上 |
[12:54] | Well, where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[12:56] | The West Indies. Same as you, no? | 西印度群岛 跟你一样 不是吗 |
[13:01] | I don’t think you have a concussion. | 你应该没有脑震荡 |
[13:03] | What? | 什么 |
[13:04] | The cut’s not deep. | 伤口不深 |
[13:07] | But you’ll likely have a scar and a nasty headache. | 但可能会留疤 还可能会头痛 |
[13:10] | I have some peppermint oil that will help with that. | 我有些薄荷油 能治疗这个 |
[13:14] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[13:16] | I-I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:18] | The main topsail sheet was suddenly upon me. | 主桅第二层帆突然砸中我了 |
[13:21] | Did you not touch the horseshoe? | 你没摸马蹄铁吗 |
[13:23] | I did, Mr. Warren. We all did. | 摸了 沃伦先生 我们都摸了 |
[13:25] | Well, someone didn’t. | 有人没摸 |
[13:27] | A mishap as such while still in sight of land’s an ill omen. | 船还没开远 就发生这样的小灾祸 是凶兆 |
[13:30] | You know it as well as I. | 你也知道 |
[13:32] | Accidents do happen, Mister Warren. | 意外时有发生 沃伦先生 |
[13:38] | I’m sure you believe that, madam, | 这是你的看法 夫人 |
[13:39] | but when you’ve been at sea as long as we have… | 如果你像我们在海上待了这么久… |
[13:43] | Well, “There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio… | “天地之间有许多事情…” |
[13:47] | “Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” | “非你的睿智可以想象” |
[13:51] | Shakespeare was a very wise man. | 莎士比亚是个智慧超群之人 |
[13:54] | Indeed. | 确实 |
[13:56] | Madam, I wonder if you and your husband | 夫人 不知可否邀请你和你丈夫 |
[13:58] | would care to dine with me this evening. | 今晚同我一起用餐 |
[14:02] | Well, of course. | 当然可以了 |
[14:03] | Though, I think my husband might find the idea of food | 虽然我觉得我丈夫现在这个状态 |
[14:06] | a little off-putting at the moment. | 什么都吃不下 |
[14:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[14:15] | All right… | 好了 |
[14:19] | Ye hardly know her. | 你都不了解她 |
[14:21] | You didn’t know Milady long at all | 你和夫人结婚之前 |
[14:22] | – before you were married. – That was different. | -也不了解她 -那不一样 |
[14:27] | We were forced to marry. | 我们是被迫成婚 |
[14:29] | Milord, you forget. | 老爷 你忘了 |
[14:30] | I know your story. | 我了解你的经历 |
[14:32] | If you were forced to marry Milady, | 如果你是被迫娶夫人 |
[14:34] | then I am forced to breathe. | 那我就是被迫呼吸着 |
[14:36] | My heart, it is forced to beat. | 我的心就是被迫跳着 |
[14:39] | You yourself have told me you wanted her more than life | 是你亲口对我说 你从看到她的第一眼起 |
[14:42] | from the moment you saw her. | 就对她爱到能不要命 |
[14:45] | You didn’t need time. | 你不需要时间 |
[14:47] | Nor do I. | 我也是 |
[14:49] | I thought you’d be happy for me– | 我以为你会替我高兴 |
[14:51] | at least, I hoped as much. | 至少我希望是这样 |
[14:54] | Once you’d overcome your surprise. | 当你不再惊讶以后 |
[14:59] | Then why’d you lie to me all this time? | 但你为什么一直瞒着我 |
[15:02] | The same reason you didn’t tell Milady about Laoghaire… | 和你瞒着夫人里奥加尔的事一样 |
[15:07] | I was a coward. | 我当时很害怕 |
[15:10] | Did you lie to Marsali too? | 你也骗了玛沙利吗 |
[15:12] | Marsali and I do not have secrets. | 玛沙利和我之间没有秘密 |
[15:18] | She kens about your past, does she? | 她知道你的过去 是吗 |
[15:20] | That I grew up in a brothel? Yes. | 我在妓院长大的事吗 是的 |
[15:23] | And that I was a pickpocket. | 还有我当过小偷 |
[15:24] | And what about all yer other lassies? | 那你其他情人的事呢 |
[15:27] | – No, but– – In spring, it was Aileen. | -不知道 但是… -春天是艾琳 |
[15:30] | And in summer, it was, uh… | 夏天换成了… |
[15:33] | – Rhona? – Rhona. | -罗娜吗 -罗娜 |
[15:34] | Uh, and then you bedded Cairstine, and then– | 接着又跟卡丝婷在一起 然后… |
[15:36] | I understand, Milord. | 我懂你的意思 老爷 |
[15:38] | But I have not lain with Marsali– | 但从我开始追求玛沙利起 |
[15:40] | or with any other woman since we began our courtship. | 我就没和她上过床 或是其他女人 |
[15:44] | I’ve waited. Does that not mean something? | 我在等待 这难道没有意义吗 |
[15:51] | Not if you can’t be honest with her. | 你不对她说实话就没有 |
[16:03] | I’m sorry your husband is too unwell to join us. | 真抱歉你丈夫不愿来一起吃饭 |
[16:07] | But it’s me you wanted at your table, wasn’t it? | 你想请的也就是我 不是吗 |
[16:10] | I questioned your authority in regards to the horseshoe. | 我在马蹄铁那事情上质疑了您的权威 |
[16:15] | I merely wish to help you, Mistress Fraser… | 我并不很想帮你 弗雷泽夫人 |
[16:19] | to understand the rigors of sea and gain the crew’s respect | 作为随船医生 了解严酷的大海 |
[16:22] | as ship’s surgeon, eh? | 并赢得船员们的信任 |
[16:24] | You must put yourself in their shoes. | 你必须设身处地地替他们考虑 |
[16:27] | After all, on this ship, your very presence is ill luck. | 毕竟你在这条船上就是厄运了 |
[16:31] | – So my husband has informed me. – By rights, | -和我丈夫说的一样 -按理说 |
[16:34] | you and Mistress MacKimmie should, at this moment, be bare-breasted. | 你和麦基米太太现在都该是袒胸露乳的 |
[16:39] | I’m sorry? | 您说什么 |
[16:40] | A woman’s bare breasts calm an angry sea. | 女人裸露的乳房能让怒海平静 |
[16:42] | But fear not. The figurehead at the bow– | 不过别怕 船首的那座雕像 |
[16:44] | she bares her breasts for you | 为你们尽了这职责 |
[16:46] | and prevents us from being subject to any curses. | 让我们能不受任何诅咒 |
[16:50] | Well, how kind of her. | 她真是好心 |
[16:52] | The horseshoe is more complicated. | 马蹄铁那事更复杂 |
[16:54] | There’s no substitute. | 没什么东西代替 |
[16:56] | Surely you don’t believe by touching a piece of iron | 你一定不相信摸一块马蹄铁 |
[17:00] | you’ll bring us better luck. | 就会给我们带来好运吧 |
[17:02] | I’ve sailed on many ships, madam, and on each one, | 我驾驶过很多条船 夫人 每条船上 |
[17:04] | the sailors have their superstitions. | 水手们都有自己的迷信 |
[17:07] | Anything that provides them with a sense of assurance is, | 在我看来 任何能让他们安心的事 |
[17:09] | in my view, to be encouraged. | 都是值得鼓励的 |
[17:11] | The disadvantage being… | 但反过来说 |
[17:13] | that men can also lose faith | 当灾难的预兆出现 |
[17:15] | when the portents signify disaster. | 也会让船员们失去信心 |
[17:17] | Even then, | 即使那样 |
[17:18] | I would rather have them make their luck | 我也情愿让他们自己创造好运 |
[17:20] | than give up all hope. | 而不是放弃希望 |
[17:23] | It matters not whether I believe | 我相不相信 |
[17:25] | touching a piece of iron will bring good luck– | 摸那马蹄铁会带来好运并不重要 |
[17:28] | the men believe it. | 船员们相信 |
[17:29] | And they believe someone has not. | 而他们相信有人没摸 |
[17:32] | Believing something doesn’t make it real. | 相信一件事并不能让它成真 |
[17:35] | On this ship, it does. | 在这条船上 可以 |
[17:41] | “There is nothing either good or bad, | “世间本无善恶 |
[17:43] | but thinking makes it so.” | 全凭个人怎样想法而定” |
[18:04] | How long will you continue this farce? | 你还要继续吐多久 |
[18:12] | I must allow time for… | 我得耐心… |
[18:15] | my wife’s tea to do its work. | 等我妻子的茶起效 |
[18:19] | This…retching. | 这样的…呕吐 |
[18:22] | It can eat your stomach, | 能蚕食你的胃 |
[18:24] | tear your muscles, and… | 撕裂你的肌肉 |
[18:27] | your testicles, they can get twisted. | 扭曲你的睾丸 |
[18:29] | Most painful. | 非常疼痛 |
[18:33] | The only cure is removal. | 唯一的办法就是切掉它 |
[18:39] | But if you want to wait, that is your choice. | 但如果你想等 那是你的选择 |
[19:00] | That one’s bigger. | 那张床更大 |
[19:01] | Ye won’t bump your head when ye get up. | 你起来不会撞到头 |
[19:05] | Marsali, you don’t have to try and get in my good graces | 玛沙利 你不用想办法讨我欢心 |
[19:09] | just so I’ll put in a good word with Jamie. | 只为让我跟杰米说好话的 |
[19:12] | It’s really none of my business. | 那真的不关我的事 |
[19:16] | So, ye drop out of the clear blue sky, | 所以 你平白出现 |
[19:18] | sticking yer nose where it doesn’t belong, | 插手跟你无关的事 |
[19:20] | ruining my family, | 破坏我的家庭 |
[19:22] | and now ye’re minding yer own business? | 现在却开始只管你自己的事了吗 |
[19:26] | Well. | 真不错 |
[19:27] | Daddy may think you’re a wise woman, | 爸爸可能觉得你是聪明的女人 |
[19:28] | but I still think ye’re a whore. | 但我依然觉得你是妓女 |
[19:32] | Right, well… | 好吧 |
[19:33] | the whore should have the bigger bed then, shouldn’t she? | 那我这妓女就该睡大床做生意 不是吗 |
[20:13] | Verra pleasant day, is it not, Sassenach? | 今天天气不错吧 英格兰人 |
[20:16] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[20:17] | Well, you’re certainly feeling better. | 你显然是好多了 |
[20:30] | Fergus told me everything. | 费格斯都告诉我了 |
[20:32] | I’m no so naive to think he hasna been wi’ lassies. | 我还没天真到觉得他从没碰过女人 |
[20:35] | And now, we only want to be wi’ each other. | 但现在我们只想好好在一起 |
[20:38] | We’re hoping you will bless our union. | 我们希望你能祝福我们 |
[20:42] | Perhaps you should give them a chance. | 或许你该给他们个机会 |
[20:50] | I’m trying to help you. | 我是在帮你 |
[20:52] | If you let them continue their infatuation, | 如果你让他们继续这么苦恋 |
[20:54] | it might just fizzle out. | 最后可能会告吹的 |
[20:58] | I don’t know what a “Fizzle” Is, but… | 我不知道”告吹”是什么 但是… |
[21:00] | I ken your meaning well enough. | 我知道你的意思 |
[21:03] | And “Fizzle out” Is what I’m afraid of. | 我怕的就是”告吹” |
[21:08] | I’m sorry. I cannae allow it. | 抱歉 我不能同意 |
[22:10] | What is that? | 那是什么 |
[22:14] | It is, uh… a poem. | 是…一首诗 |
[22:23] | Is that more poetry? | 那些也是诗吗 |
[22:24] | No. | 不 |
[22:26] | I’ve been scribing the story of my life in China, | 我一直在写我在中国的故事 |
[22:29] | so that it… will not be forgotten. | 好让它以后…不被遗忘 |
[22:36] | A story told is… | 流传下故事… |
[22:39] | a life lived. | 才不算枉活 |
[22:43] | Would you tell it to me? | 你会跟我讲这故事吗 |
[22:44] | Not yet. | 还没到时候 |
[22:47] | Once I tell it, I have to let it go. | 当我说出来时 也就该放手了 |
[23:14] | The days started blending together. | 日子开始协调了起来 |
[23:18] | For me, this meant tending to minor injuries… | 对我来说 这意味着治疗轻伤 |
[23:24] | and making medicines. | 制作药品 |
[23:30] | Being on the ship at sea, with endless horizons, appealed to me… | 乘风破浪 向着诱人而无尽的地平线 |
[23:36] | It reminded me of a simpler time. | 这让我想起了更简单的时光 |
[23:43] | I took the lobster home | 我拎着龙虾回家 |
[23:44] | I couldn’t find a dish | 找不到碟子 |
[23:46] | So it was put in the pot | 所以我放进了 |
[23:48] | Where the mistress has a piss | 太太小便的罐子里 |
[23:50] | Singing aye-tiddly aye | 唱着哎滴滴哎 |
[23:52] | Aye-diddly do | 哎滴滴豆 |
[23:54] | Aye-tiddly aye, tiddly aye | 哎滴滴哎 滴滴哎 |
[23:56] | Tiddly do | 滴滴豆 |
[24:00] | Early the next morning | 第二天一早 |
[24:02] | The old woman arose | 老女人起床了 |
[24:03] | She leapt around the room | 她在房间跳来跳去 |
[24:05] | With a lobster on her cunt | 阴部夹着一只龙虾 |
[24:07] | Singing aye-tiddly aye | 唱着哎滴滴哎 |
[24:09] | Aye-tiddly do | 哎滴滴豆 |
[24:11] | Aye-tiddly aye, tiddly aye | 哎滴滴哎 滴滴哎 |
[24:14] | Tiddly oh | 滴滴哦 |
[24:17] | “Husband, husband,” She cried out to me | 丈夫 丈夫 她对我喊着 |
[24:23] | Jamie, you should hear the… | 杰米 你该听听… |
[24:25] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[24:28] | My, uh, apology. | 抱歉 |
[24:30] | He did not want to, but, uh, I insisted. | 他不想的 但我坚持 |
[24:33] | Didn’t want to what? | 他不想什么 |
[24:36] | Uh, zam gau… | 针灸 |
[24:38] | uh, for the vomiting. | 来治呕吐 |
[24:40] | – Acupuncture. – It is my fault. | -针灸 -是我的错 |
[24:42] | – I should never have– – It’s all right, Willoughby. | -我不该… -没关系 威洛比 |
[24:45] | You can go. | 你可以走了 |
[24:52] | So, this is what’s cured your seasickness. | 所以这才是治好你晕船的东西 |
[24:56] | And not the tea that I’ve been making | 而不是我过去三周来每天两次 |
[24:57] | twice a day for three weeks? | 为你泡的茶 |
[25:01] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[25:03] | I didn’t want to hurt yer feelings. | 我不想伤害你 |
[25:06] | You’d honestly think that | 你真的以为 |
[25:08] | I’d want you to suffer to save my pride? | 我宁愿让你受苦来挽救我的自尊 |
[25:10] | We aren’t on the most stable ground, | 我们现在的感情基础不是那么稳固 |
[25:12] | are we, Sassenach? | 是不是 英格兰人 |
[25:13] | I didna want ye to see it as more proof | 我不想让这件事更坚定 |
[25:15] | ye dinna belong here. | 你不属于这里的想法 |
[25:19] | Jamie… | 杰米 |
[25:22] | My return has been… | 我的归来让我 |
[25:24] | confusing and–and frustrating. | 很困扰 很受挫 |
[25:27] | But it’s never been a question of whether I love you. | 但者从来都不是我是否爱你的问题 |
[25:36] | I should’ve told you outright. | 我应该坦白的 |
[25:41] | You look like a pincushion. | 你看起来像个针垫 |
[25:44] | Ah, I feel like a damn pincushion, | 我觉得自己像个针垫 |
[25:46] | but I haven’t vomited for weeks. | 但我已经有几周没有呕吐了 |
[25:54] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[25:57] | We’re not moving. | 船不动了 |
[26:15] | Can’t explain it, Captain. We’re on course. | 不能解释 船长 我们在航线上 |
[26:24] | Captain. | 船长 |
[26:26] | What’s wrong? Why aren’t we moving? | 怎么回事 为什么船不动了 |
[26:29] | We’ve lost the wind, Mr. Fraser. | 没有风了 弗雷泽先生 |
[26:35] | What have you in your face? | 你的脸上是什么 |
[26:37] | It is Chinese treatment for, uh, seasickness–very healthy. | 是治晕船的中式疗法 很健康的 |
[26:47] | Is it common to… | 在这一纬度地区 |
[26:49] | lose the wind in these latitudes? | 没有风是很常见的事吗 |
[26:51] | No, it’s bad luck. | 不 是不祥的征兆 |
[26:53] | Someone’s brought this on us by their neglect. | 有人疏忽了 把霉运带给了我们 |
[26:56] | It’s a bit unusual for the season, but… | 在这个季节这确实不常见 但 |
[26:58] | there’s no cause for concern. | 没必要担心 |
[27:00] | I say it’s the Chinaman. | 我觉得是中国佬的错 |
[27:04] | It’s not him. | 不是他 |
[27:05] | Saw the Chinee touch the horseshoe. | 我看见他碰了马蹄铁 |
[27:10] | Well, why don’t we all just line up | 不如我们现在排好队 |
[27:11] | and touch the horseshoe now? | 挨个去碰那马蹄铁 |
[27:13] | And that way, we can make sure that everyone | 那样我们就可以保证所有人 |
[27:14] | has complied with the rules of the ship. | 都遵守了船上的规矩 |
[27:16] | Aye, good idea. | 好主意 |
[27:17] | Too late for that. | 太迟了 |
[27:19] | Must be done at the beginning of a voyage. | 这是必须在旅行刚开始时完成的 |
[27:22] | Fear not. | 别怕 |
[27:23] | The wind will return. | 风会回来的 |
[27:26] | We must endeavor to be ready when it does. | 我们要在风来时尽力准备好 |
[27:58] | Is it really just you and me? | 真的只有我们两个人吗 |
[28:03] | You and me. | 只有你和我 |
[28:08] | And the man in the moon. | 还有月球上的人 |
[28:20] | Before I left Boston, | 在我离开波士顿之前 |
[28:23] | men had just flown to the moon. | 人类才刚刚登上月球 |
[28:28] | I wonder what it looks like… | 我很好奇月球上 |
[28:31] | up there. | 是什么样 |
[28:32] | I saw pictures. | 我看过图片 |
[28:35] | Photographs. | 照片 |
[28:38] | It was rocky and barren, and… | 有很多石头 贫瘠荒芜 |
[28:41] | Was no life at all. | 没有生命 |
[28:45] | It was beautiful. | 很美 |
[28:49] | And you can see the craters from here. | 你可以在这里看到环形山 |
[28:51] | – The dark spots. – Aye. | -那些黑斑 -是的 |
[28:54] | Ah, that’s his face. | 那是他的脸 |
[28:58] | Seems close enough you could speak to him. | 看上去那么近 你都可以和他说话 |
[29:05] | “Goodnight moon. | 晚安月亮 |
[29:08] | “Goodnight cow jumping over the moon. | 晚安 飞跃月球的牛 |
[29:13] | “Goodnight light… | 晚安光芒 |
[29:16] | and the red balloon.” | 还有那红气球 |
[29:23] | It’s from a book I used to read Brianna | 这是我在布丽安娜小时候 |
[29:27] | when she was little. | 给她读的书里的一段话 |
[29:32] | She could recite the whole thing | 她以前能背出整篇文章 |
[29:33] | before she could even read. | 那时她还不认字 |
[29:36] | She used to say it to her favorite toy bunny. | 她以前会和她最喜欢的兔子讲这本书 |
[29:42] | She loved rabbits. | 她很喜欢兔子 |
[29:52] | You miss her. | 你想她 |
[29:57] | Terribly. | 非常想 |
[30:18] | The days turned into weeks | 从几天变成了几周 |
[30:20] | and the wind did not return. | 可风一直没有回来 |
[30:24] | We were becalmed in the middle of a vast ocean, | 我们被困于广袤的大海中央 |
[30:27] | hundreds of miles from the nearest shore. | 距离最近的海岸有几百英里远 |
[30:30] | Even the most experienced sailors | 即便是最有经验的水手 |
[30:32] | were growing anxious | 都开始焦虑了 |
[30:34] | and beginning to fear the worst. | 害怕最糟糕的情况发生 |
[30:37] | Damn, blazing Hades! Filth-eating son of a pig fart. | 该死 该死 该死 |
[30:43] | Water’s gone bad– | 水变质了 |
[30:44] | every one afoul and stinking. | 都臭了 |
[30:48] | Bilge water’s got into it. | 船底的污水渗进去了 |
[30:49] | Don’t! | 别喝 |
[30:51] | It will be filled with disease. | 里面都是病菌 |
[30:54] | Christ. | 天 |
[30:56] | Salvage what you can. The top row may be unspoiled. | 尽你所能地去补救 最上面可能还没坏 |
[30:58] | Boil the rest. | 把剩下的煮了 |
[31:00] | And go to half rations for every man. | 给每个人一半的配额 |
[31:04] | And pray for rain. | 祈祷能下雨 |
[31:13] | I have another suggestion. | 我有别的提议 |
[31:15] | We find the Jonah who’s brought us ill luck | 我们找到给我们带来厄运的灾星 |
[31:18] | and we throw him overboard. | 把他扔进海里 |
[31:20] | Aye. | 对 |
[31:22] | Aye. | 好 |
[31:32] | Five unspoiled barrels. | 五桶未受污染的水 |
[31:33] | Won’t be enough. | 不够的 |
[31:36] | Losing the wind happens, o’ course. | 风停了 这倒是时有发生 |
[31:38] | We can wait for it to return. | 我们可以等到再起风 |
[31:39] | But not without water or ale. | 但是没有水和麦芽酒可不行 |
[31:44] | So, who should we blame? | 那我们该怪谁呢 |
[31:45] | The bilge water spoiled the barrels. | 舱底的污水污染了那些桶 |
[31:48] | It’s no one’s fault. | 这不是谁的错 |
[31:49] | Said nothing of fault, madam. | 我没说谁错了 夫人 |
[31:50] | I asked who we should blame. | 我问的是我们该怪谁 |
[31:52] | We’ve been weeks without wind. | 我们已经几周没有风了 |
[31:55] | What’s your meaning, sir? | 你什么意思 先生 |
[31:58] | The men are calling for a Jonah. | 这些人想找个约拿 |
[32:02] | The men want to throw someone overboard? | 这些人想把某个人丢下船 |
[32:08] | And you’re going to let them. | 而你还打算允许此事发生 |
[32:09] | I may not be able to stop them. | 我可能无法阻止他们 |
[32:12] | – Well, that’s insanity. – I’ve only so much | -这真是疯狂 -维持秩序 |
[32:14] | at my disposal to keep order. | 就已经够我忙的了 |
[32:16] | This is not a Royal Navy vessel, madam. | 这船不是皇家海军的 夫人 |
[32:18] | I cannot flog the men if they disregard my authority. | 就算他们不听我的 我也不能鞭笞他们 |
[32:20] | They must believe | 他们必须相信 |
[32:23] | that I am doing all I can on their behalf, | 我是在代表他们尽力而为 |
[32:24] | or we shall have a mutiny. | 否则就会发生叛乱 |
[32:31] | You will not be throwing any of my men overboard… | 我的人你一个也别想丢下船 |
[32:35] | Captain. | 船长 |
[32:48] | I saw the frog’s lassie touch the horseshoe. | 我看见法国佬的女人碰过马蹄铁 |
[32:51] | As did I. | 我也碰过 |
[32:52] | The frog did as well. | 法国佬也碰过 |
[32:55] | I saw all those accompanying the supercargo | 我看见所有一起押运的人 |
[32:56] | touch it too…save one. | 都碰了 除了一个人 |
[32:59] | – Jonah. – Leave us be. | -约拿 -离我们远点 |
[33:02] | You need no worry– | 你不用担心 |
[33:03] | it’s your friend who should be afeared. | 你的朋友才需要感到害怕 |
[33:04] | I’m no worried. | 我不担心 |
[33:06] | I’ll no fear the likes of you. | 我不怕你们这样的人 |
[33:23] | You’re not long for this world, Jonah. | 你命不久矣 约拿 |
[33:33] | I dinnae think I touched it. | 我觉得我没碰过它 |
[33:40] | Jump, you stupid, dog-faced Scot! | 跳吧 你这个狗脸苏格兰蠢货 |
[33:42] | – Over the side with him. – Rid us of this curse! | -让他跳下去 -解除我们的诅咒 |
[33:44] | Leave me be, you bastards! | 离我远点 你们这群混蛋 |
[33:46] | – Jump! – Prepare to meet your maker! | -跳啊 -准备去见上帝吧 |
[33:48] | Go on! Jump! | 快跳啊 |
[33:50] | He’s clear up there, Mac Dubh. | 他就在那上面 布莱恩之子 |
[33:52] | Get back! | 回来 |
[33:52] | Jump! Jump! Jump! | 跳 跳 跳 |
[33:54] | If I’m gonna die, I’ll be doing it by my own hand. | 就算要死 也要我亲手了结自己 |
[33:57] | He’s drunk. | 他喝醉了 |
[33:58] | Crew marked him as the Jonah. | 船员认定他就是约拿 |
[34:00] | They say he didna touch the horseshoe, | 他们说他没碰过马蹄铁 |
[34:01] | and he canna remember if he did or no. | 他也记不得自己碰没碰过 |
[34:03] | They intend to throw him overboard. | 他们准备把他扔下海 |
[34:05] | He scurried up there, tried to get away from the mob, | 他就爬到上面去 想甩开这帮暴徒 |
[34:07] | but now he’s thinking they might be right. | 但现在他觉得他们也许是对的 |
[34:09] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[34:10] | – Hayes! – Jump! | -海斯 -跳啊 |
[34:14] | Ye haven’t cursed us, Hayes. | 你没有诅咒我们 海斯 |
[34:16] | Even so, | 就算如此 |
[34:17] | we’re gonna run out of water and die! | 我们也会耗尽淡水渴死的 |
[34:19] | We won’t! | 我们不会的 |
[34:21] | – I promise. – He’s killed us all! | -我保证 -他害了我们所有人 |
[34:23] | Leave him be! | 别管他 |
[34:25] | Have I not always told ye the truth? | 我不是一直告诉你实情的吗 |
[34:27] | – Over the side with him! – Jump, Jonah! | -快让他跳 -跳啊 约拿 |
[34:29] | Dinna waste the climb, Mac Dubh! | 别费劲爬上来了 布莱恩之子 |
[34:31] | – It’s you… – Throw yourself over! | -你不死… -快跳啊 |
[34:33] | Or all of us. | 我们都会送命 |
[34:34] | Jump! | 跳 |
[34:36] | You have to stop this! | 你得阻止这一切 |
[34:37] | I don’t if it staves off a mutiny. | 我无动于衷是为了避免叛乱 |
[34:39] | – Jump! – Jump, Jonah! | -跳啊 -跳啊 约拿 |
[34:41] | You remember Ardsmuir– | 你还记得在阿德思穆尔监狱 |
[34:44] | it was us against them. | 是我们对抗他们的 |
[34:46] | It is the same now. | 现在也一样 |
[34:47] | We’ll have you bouncing off the decks! | 我们会把你从甲板上丢下去的 |
[34:48] | Let him jump! | 让他跳 |
[34:51] | Dinna listen to them. | 别听他们的 |
[34:53] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[34:54] | – Jump then, jump! – Throw yourself over! | -跳啊 快跳 -快跳下来 |
[34:57] | Let him go! | 让他跳 |
[34:58] | Hayes. | 海斯 |
[34:59] | Just let him go! | 让他跳 |
[35:02] | Throw him off! | 把他丢下去 |
[35:02] | And the whales are waiting for you, Jonah! | 鲸鱼等着你呐 约拿 |
[35:06] | Just jump! | 快跳吧 |
[35:09] | If they wanna throw you overboard, they’ll– | 如果他们想把你丢下船 他们得 |
[35:11] | they’ll have to throw me first. | 他们得先把我丢下去 |
[35:13] | – And Lesley. – Good riddance! | -还有莱斯利 -可算解脱了 |
[35:16] | Fergus… even Willoughby. | 费格斯 甚至还有威洛比 |
[35:31] | – Get back. – I have to do it. | -回来吧 -我必须这么做 |
[35:34] | Hold on–if ye do jump… | 等等 如果你真的跳了 |
[35:36] | Just let go! | 让他跳 |
[35:37] | – Jump! Jump! Jump! – Well… | -跳 跳 跳 -那么… |
[35:40] | I would have to go in after ye, and… | 我就得跟在你后面跳 并且 |
[35:42] | if ye make me do that, then… | 如果你逼我那么做 那么 |
[35:45] | ye ken, my wife will kill the both of us. | 你知道 我妻子会杀了我们俩 |
[35:47] | – Hayes, just jump! – He should join ye! | -海斯 快跳啊 -他该和你一起跳 |
[35:50] | I’ll not let harm befall ye. | 我不会让你受到伤害 |
[35:54] | Come. | 来吧 |
[35:56] | – Jump! – Ye have my word. | -跳 -我向你保证 |
[36:01] | There he goes! | 就要跳了 |
[36:03] | Come on! | 快跳啊 |
[36:04] | Jump! | 跳啊 |
[36:07] | Aye. | 好吧 |
[36:12] | I’ve got you. | 我抓住你了 |
[36:14] | Hold on! | 抓住 |
[36:14] | Mac Dubh! | 布莱恩之子 |
[36:16] | Let him jump! | 让他跳啊 |
[36:25] | Jump! | 跳啊 |
[36:36] | To hell with ye! | 去死吧你 |
[36:45] | Good lad, Hayes. | 好样的 海斯 |
[36:48] | – That’s it. – Throw yourself over! | -这就对了 -跳下去啊 |
[37:05] | Jonah! | 约拿 |
[37:07] | – Give him to the sea! – Throw him in! | -把他交给大海 -把他丢下去 |
[37:08] | You will do no such thing! | 你们不能这么干 |
[37:10] | He’s the Jonah. Over the side with him! | 他就是约拿 让他下去 |
[37:12] | Jonah. | 约拿 |
[37:13] | Jonah! Jonah! | 约拿 约拿 |
[37:15] | Jonah! Jonah! Jonah! Jonah! | 约拿 约拿 约拿 约拿 |
[37:18] | There is no Jonah! | 没有什么约拿 |
[37:20] | Stand aside! | 站一边去 |
[37:21] | I’ll take some of yu with me! | 我死也要找个人垫背 |
[37:22] | Jonah! Jonah! | 约拿 约拿 |
[37:25] | Curse you! | 我诅咒你 |
[37:34] | Spare us, Chinaman. | 省省吧 中国佬 |
[37:36] | – I was born Yi Tien Cho… – Keep to yourself, Chinaman! | -我是出生在 -闭嘴吧 中国佬 |
[37:40] | In Guangzhou, the City of Rams. | 羊城广州的倚天卓 |
[37:45] | I was found early | 很早就有人发现 |
[37:47] | to have skill in composition– | 我很有创作天赋 |
[37:50] | to make the images of my brush | 我的思绪如舞动的仙鹤 |
[37:52] | resemble the ideas | 在脑海中跳跃 |
[37:53] | that dance like cranes within my mind. | 而我妙笔生花 所画即所想 |
[37:57] | I became known as the fung-wong– | 我被冠以凤凰的称号 |
[38:00] | a bird of fire. | 那是烈火之鸟 |
[38:03] | What’s he on about? | 他在说什么 |
[38:04] | My poetry… | 我的诗歌 |
[38:06] | came before the eyes of Wan-Mei, | 被皇帝的第二任妻子 |
[38:10] | the emperor’s second wife. | 婉梅看中 |
[38:14] | She asked that I join her household in Pekin, | 她邀请我去皇城北京 |
[38:19] | – the Imperial City. – Mr. Willoughby, | -觐见她的丈夫 -威洛比先生 |
[38:22] | stand down. | 退下 |
[38:23] | Let the man speak… | 让他说完 |
[38:25] | Captain. | 船长 |
[38:34] | It was a great honor– | 我很荣幸 |
[38:37] | my name inscribed in The Book of Merit. | 能被载入《美诗集》当中 |
[38:40] | But there is a condition: | 但是有个条件 |
[38:43] | all servants of the royal wives | 帝王之妻的所有仆人 |
[38:47] | must be… | 必须是 |
[38:50] | eunuchs! | 阉人 |
[38:56] | – What’s a eunuch? – I’ll tell you later. | -阉人是什么 -我过后再给你解释 |
[38:58] | It was most dishonorable | 拒绝皇帝的赏赐 |
[39:00] | to refuse the emperor’s gift. | 是莫大的不敬 |
[39:03] | It was… | 那是 |
[39:06] | a death sentence. | 死刑 |
[39:10] | And yet… | 然而 |
[39:13] | I had fallen in love. | 我当时爱上了 |
[39:17] | With… | 有深爱的 |
[39:20] | woman. | 女人 |
[39:22] | The emperor’s wife? | 皇帝的妻子吗 |
[39:23] | Not a woman. | 不是某个女人 |
[39:26] | All woman. | 是所有女人 |
[39:29] | Their beauty blooming like lotus flowers, | 她们美若盛开的荷花 |
[39:32] | the taste of their breasts like apricots– | 她们的乳房味若杏仁 |
[39:36] | the scent of a navel in the winter, | 冬日里她们肚脐眼的味道 |
[39:40] | the warmth of a mound | 私密处的温暖 |
[39:43] | that fills your hand like a ripe peach. | 就像摸着熟透的桃子 |
[39:52] | I fled… | 于是 |
[39:55] | on the Night of the Lanterns. | 我在元灯节之夜逃走了 |
[39:59] | As the fireworks shot from the palace roof, | 当漫天烟花点亮皇宫的屋顶 |
[40:04] | I left my house | 我离家出逃 |
[40:06] | and came to a place | 来到了这里 |
[40:08] | where the golden words of my poems | 而我诗歌里的美词佳句 |
[40:11] | are taken as the clucking of hens, | 到这却成了庸俗无味之物 |
[40:14] | and my brushstrokes for their scratchings. | 而我的画作也被他们撕碎 |
[40:17] | For the love of Woman, I am come to a place | 我为了寻求女人的爱来到这里 |
[40:20] | where no woman is worthy of love– | 而这里的女人却不值得被爱 |
[40:22] | to a place where women are coarse and rank as bears, | 而这里的女人粗俗野蛮 |
[40:26] | creatures of no grace. | 毫无羞耻之心 |
[40:28] | And these woman disdain me as a yellow worm, | 这些女人把我贬低成黄虫 |
[40:31] | so that even the lowest of whores will not lie with me! | 连最低等的妓女也不愿跟我睡觉 |
[40:47] | By not… | 为了 |
[40:50] | surrendering my manhood, | 不放弃我的男子气概 |
[40:55] | I have lost all else. | 我失去了一切 |
[40:58] | Honor… | 尊严 |
[41:01] | livelihood… | 生计 |
[41:04] | country. | 祖国 |
[41:08] | Sometimes, I think… | 有时我在想 |
[41:16] | “Not worth it.” | “不值得” |
[41:44] | We have wind! | 有风了 |
[41:47] | Man the sheets, lads! | 拉帆绳 伙计们 |
[41:49] | Aloft, topmen! | 把帆升到顶 |
[41:50] | Lay out and loose the fore tops’l! | 散开 放开前桅帆 |
[41:51] | Man halyards and sheets. | 控制吊索和拉帆绳 |
[41:54] | Hold the wind! All of the wind! | 把风挡上 全挡上 |
[41:57] | Avast those sheets! | 停下拉帆绳 |
[41:59] | Mr. Warren! | 沃伦先生 |
[42:02] | Your story–it was… | 你的故事… |
[42:06] | Well, I’ve heard worse. | 我听过更惨的 |
[42:12] | How did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[42:14] | When the Seon Tin Jung fly high, | 当信天翁飞得很高时 |
[42:17] | it mean the air light– dry, no rain. | 就代表空气轻薄干燥 没有雨 |
[42:23] | – When they fly low, it means… – The air is heavy. | -当它们低飞时 就代表 -空气潮湿 |
[42:29] | Rain is coming. | 要下雨了 |
[42:35] | Yi Tien Cho. | 倚天卓 |
[42:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[42:52] | Ease away the sheets! | 收起缭绳 |
[42:53] | Roll up halyard! | 升起升降索 |
[43:46] | – Hurry up. – Aye. | -快 -好 |
[43:47] | God, it’s so hot in here, I’m melting. | 天啊 这里太热了 我要融化了 |
[43:49] | I’m melting wi’ ye. | 我跟你一起融化 |
[44:02] | Someone is going to hear us. | 会有人听到我们的 |
[44:04] | Oh, let them. | 听去吧 |
[44:22] | I like the gray. | 我喜欢银发 |
[44:30] | The way the light hits it. | 光照射头发的样子 |
[44:33] | Like a piece of… silver moonlight. | 就像一缕银色的月光 |
[44:39] | Oh, how could I not love a man who says such things? | 我怎么会不爱一个说这种话的男人 |
[44:45] | If you were to say that in the 20th century, | 如果你在20世纪说这种话 |
[44:48] | you would be the king of all men. | 那就成了男人中的王者 |
[45:01] | You know, when I thought about coming back here… | 当我想到回到这里时 |
[45:07] | I knew we’d have to get used to each other again. | 就知道我们得再次习惯彼此 |
[45:14] | No matter what troubles happen around us, Sassenach… | 不管遇到什么麻烦 英格兰人 |
[45:21] | This… | 我们 |
[45:23] | what it is between us… | 我们之间的感情 |
[45:26] | never changes. | 绝不会变 |
[45:29] | It doesn’t. | 没变 |
[45:47] | Captain. What is it? | 船长 这是什么 |
[45:50] | British man-o-war. | 英格兰战船 |
[45:52] | Been on our stern for more than five hours. | 在我们的船尾后面跟了五个多小时了 |
[45:54] | An’ closing. | 还在靠近 |
[46:00] | – They’re firing at us. – No, signaling. | -他们朝我们开火了 -不 是信号 |
[46:03] | They want us to heave to. | 他们想让我们顶风停船 |
[46:04] | They mean to board us. Damn. | 就是要上我们的船 该死 |
[46:07] | You can see from her rigging they’re shorthanded. | 从船的索具来看 他们人手不足 |
[46:10] | They may need men. | 或许需要人手 |
[46:13] | Return the salute and heave to. | 回话 顶风停船 |
[46:15] | Aye, Captain. Return the salute. | 好 船长 回话 |
[46:16] | Heave tip to windward! | 顶风停船 |
[46:20] | What does he mean, “Need men”? | 他说”需要人手”是什么意思 |
[46:23] | By law, they can press any British subjects – into service. | 根据法律 他们可以征用任何英格兰人 |
[46:27] | That’s over half the crew– including you. | 那得有一半的船员 包括你 |
[46:31] | Aye. | 对 |
[46:33] | If they do take me, you must continue on to Jamaica | 如果他们带走了我 你必须继续去牙买加 |
[46:38] | and find Young Ian. | 找到小伊恩 |
[46:43] | Right. You have my word. | 好 我向你保证 |
[47:04] | I am Captain Thomas Leonard of His Majesty’s ship, the Porpoise. | 我是英格兰皇家海豚号托马斯·伦纳德船长 |
[47:08] | – You’re the captain? – Acting captain. | -你是船长吗 -代理船长 |
[47:10] | Formerly third lieutenant. | 原第三中尉 |
[47:12] | Uh, for the love of God, have you a surgeon on board? | 看在老天的分上 你船上有医生吗 |
[47:19] | We suffered an outbreak of infectious plague– | 我们船上爆发了传染瘟疫 |
[47:22] | ship’s fever. | 船舶热 |
[47:24] | I’m the Artemis’ surgeon. | 我是阿耳特弥斯号的医生 |
[47:26] | And it’s imperative you do not touch anyone while on board. | 切记 你在船上时别碰任何人 |
[47:28] | – You should not have come here. – I had no choice, madam. | -你不该过来的 -我别无选择 夫人 |
[47:32] | The captain and the two senior lieutenants died, | 船长和两位高阶中尉病死了 |
[47:35] | as well as the surgeon and the surgeon’s mate. | 还有医生及其助手 |
[47:39] | Of our 400-man crew, 100 have fallen ill | 我们的400名船员中有100人染病 |
[47:42] | and 80 have departed this earth. | 80人死亡 |
[47:45] | Are you experiencing any symptoms yourself? | 你自己有任何症状吗 |
[47:48] | Thankfully, no. | 谢天谢地 没有 |
[47:48] | Are you here to press men, sir? | 你是来征用人的吗 军官 |
[47:51] | The last thing I need is more mouths to feed. | 我最不需要的就是养活更多人 |
[47:53] | But, if you can provide any medical assistance… | 但如果你能提供任何医疗援助 |
[47:56] | Yes. | 好 |
[47:57] | What symptoms are the men experiencing? | 人们出现了什么症状 |
[48:00] | It starts with griping pains in the belly– | 一开始是腹中绞痛 |
[48:02] | a terrible vomiting. | 恶心呕吐 |
[48:03] | The afflicted complain of fever. | 受高烧折磨 |
[48:05] | Do they also have a rash on their stomachs? | 他们胃部有皮疹吗 |
[48:08] | Yes. | 有 |
[48:09] | And most of them have the blazing shits. | 大部分人都拉肚子 |
[48:13] | – I beg your pardon, madam. – I know what it might be. | -你说什么 夫人 -我知道可能是什么病 |
[48:16] | But I’ll need to examine them first, to be certain. | 但我先得进行检查 确保万无一失 |
[48:18] | Might you come over then? | 那你能过去吗 |
[48:19] | – Yes, of course. – No. | -当然可以 -不行 |
[48:25] | Excuse us, gentlemen. | 先失陪一下 先生们 |
[48:44] | Are ye mad? | 你疯了吗 |
[48:45] | Ye can’t set foot on a ship with the plague. | 你不能去得了瘟疫的船 |
[48:47] | It’s typhoid fever. | 那是伤寒症 |
[48:50] | – You mean typhus? – No–well, not what you mean by it, anyway. | -你是说斑疹伤寒吗 -反正不是你说的那个意思 |
[48:54] | It’s something you don’t know about yet. | 这种病你还不知道 |
[48:57] | They won’t know how to stop it, but I can show them what to do. | 他们不知道如何阻止 但我可以教他们 |
[49:01] | I can’t catch it. | 我不会传染的 |
[49:03] | I’ve been inoculated. | 我接种过疫苗 |
[49:06] | Jamie, I have an obligation to help. | 杰米 我有责任帮忙 |
[49:08] | I swore an oath when I became a doctor. | 我成为医生时发过誓 |
[49:13] | I’ve taken an oath now and then, myself. | 我自己偶尔也发誓 |
[49:18] | And none of them lightly. | 都是很沉重的 |
[49:22] | There’s no talking you out of this, is there, Sassenach? | 我无法劝住你了 对吧 英格兰人 |
[49:28] | It seems you are both older and wiser. | 看来你越老越聪明了 |
[49:31] | Well… | 好吧 |
[49:33] | I won’t take my eyes off that ship until you return. | 我会盯着那艘船 直到你回来 |
[50:23] | All hands are aft! | 都来船尾 |
[50:35] | The sick are down below. | 病人在底下 |
[51:08] | Ma’am. | 夫人 |
[51:53] | Will you light over there? | 能照亮那边吗 |
[52:04] | May I look at your stomach? | 我能看看你的胃部吗 |
[52:06] | Yes, ma’am. | 可以 夫人 |
[52:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:35] | It’s called typhoid. | 这叫伤寒 |
[52:37] | Our surgeon said it was ship’s fever. | 我们的医生说这是船舶热 |
[52:39] | Well, it’s similar, but how you contain it is different. | 两者很相似 但遏制方法不同 |
[52:43] | And you know how to do that– how to contain it? | 你知道如何遏制吗 |
[52:46] | Yes. The sick men need to be washed | 知道 病人需要清洗身体 |
[52:48] | and laid somewhere they can breathe fresh air. | 躺在能呼吸到新鲜空气的地方 |
[52:50] | And they’ll need a liquid diet– lots of boiled water. | 他们需要流质饮食 大量开水 |
[52:54] | And you’ll need to reach land as quickly as possible. | 你得尽快上岸 |
[52:57] | You’re likely to run out of drinking water. | 你们很可能会用光饮用水 |
[53:02] | Most of the sick will die. | 大部分病人都会死去 |
[53:04] | A lucky few won’t. | 小部分幸运的人不会 |
[53:06] | The hope is that you contain the spread. | 希望在于你控制传染 |
[53:10] | Need to prepare yourself. | 得做好准备 |
[53:12] | It’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. | 情况先会恶化 才会好转 |
[53:18] | If you want, I’d be willing to stay for a short while– | 如果你愿意 我可以待一阵子 |
[53:21] | to help you organize yourselves. | 帮你们组织好 |
[53:24] | I shall be eternally grateful | 对于你给我们提供的任何帮助 |
[53:25] | for any assistance you can render us. | 我都感激不尽 |
[53:28] | I’ll need a–a dozen of your healthiest crewmen. | 我需要一些最健康的船员 |
[53:31] | Mr. Pound! | 庞德先生 |
[53:33] | You can start with Mr. Pound. | 你可以先从庞德先生开始 |
[53:43] | Hello. I’m Claire Fraser. | 你好 我是克莱尔·弗雷泽 |
[53:46] | Ah, Mistress Fraser is a surgeon. | 弗雷泽夫人是医生 |
[53:47] | She’s acting under my personal authority. | 她的行为是我个人许可的 |
[53:49] | See she gets whatever she needs. | 确保她的要求得到满足 |
[53:50] | Yes, sir. | 是 长官 |
[53:51] | The main deck will need to be cleared | 主甲板得腾出地方 |
[53:53] | so we can bring the sick men above. | 好让我们将病人运上去 |
[53:54] | – Can you see to it? – Of course, madam. | -你能保证吗 -当然 夫人 |
[54:02] | I will work fast. Captain Raines will be anxious | 我会尽快工作 雷恩斯船长 |
[54:05] | to get on his way– as will my husband. | 和我丈夫都急于赶路 |
[54:07] | I shall alert them you will be a little while longer. | 我去告诉他们你还需要一会儿 |
[54:10] | Which way to the galley? | 去厨房怎么走 |
[54:12] | Uh, Mr. Brisker will escort you. | 布里斯科尔先生会护送你 |
[54:27] | I’ll need boiled water, and lots of it. | 我需要开水 许多开水 |
[54:30] | I’m in the middle of preparing the captain’s meal. | 我在准备船长的饭呢 |
[54:34] | This is on the captain’s orders. | 这是船长的命令 |
[54:40] | Why are we moving? | 我们为什么移动了 |
[54:50] | Lay aloft and set the fall across! | 上桅 升起吊索 |
[54:52] | Haul in the special halyard. | 绞入特别升降索 |
[54:53] | Let go clew garnets! | 松开绞帆滑车 |
[54:55] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[54:56] | I am in urgent need of your services. | 我急切需要你的帮助 |
[54:59] | Well, turn back–at once! | 马上回头 |
[55:01] | You said yourself, we must make haste. | 你自己说了 我们必须赶紧 |
[55:03] | Well, you can’t just kidnap me like this! | 你不能就这样绑架我 |
[55:05] | Truth is, I am desperate. | 事实是 我无路可走了 |
[55:07] | You may be our only chance. | 你也许是我们唯一的机会 |
[55:09] | I must take it. | 我必须把握住 |
[55:10] | Both our ships are sailing to Jamaica. | 我们两条船都驶向牙买加 |
[55:13] | I’ve had a message conveyed to Captain Raines | 我向雷恩斯船长发了消息 |
[55:14] | and promised him that His Majesty’s navy will provide | 跟他保证皇家海军会为你 |
[55:16] | accommodation for you until you are able to rejoin the Artemis. | 提供住宿 直到你能重回阿耳特弥斯号 |
[55:20] | Let fall! Get the tack on board. | 左吊索 把上下角索拿上来 |
[55:22] | Haul out the sheet. | 拉出缭绳 |
[55:23] | Aye, sir! | 是 长官 |
[55:27] | Madam. | 夫人 |
[55:28] | We’re ready to move the men. | 我们准备好转移病人了 |