时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | If it wasn’t for Mac Dubh, | 要不是为了布莱恩之子 |
[00:13] | I wouldn’t be setting foot in that bucket of shite. | 我绝对不会踏上那种破船 |
[00:15] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[00:18] | Ian! | 伊恩 |
[00:19] | What do you do with the boys? | 你把那几个小伙子怎么了 |
[00:21] | Oh, I have my way with them. | 我自有法子招呼他们 |
[00:23] | Virgins have such power inside. | 处男内在充满了力量 |
[00:26] | We have a responsibility to change history. | 我们身负改变历史的重任 |
[00:28] | No! | 不 |
[00:30] | It’s God’s will. | 这是上帝的旨意 |
[00:32] | We must return to the ship now. Make ready to sail. | 我们得回到船上 准备启航 |
[00:39] | Claire! | 克莱尔 |
[00:46] | You must be from the ship, or what’s left of it. | 你们肯定是船上的人 它现在只剩残骸了 |
[00:48] | Any survivors? | 有没有幸存者 |
[00:49] | Aye, four miles south of here. | 有 离这里往南四英里 |
[00:51] | You’re on the mainland. | 你们在大陆 |
[00:52] | America. | 美国 |
[01:25] | 北美洲 公元前2000年 | |
[02:16] | For centuries humans have held an endless fascination with circles, | 几世纪以来 人类痴迷于圆圈 |
[02:21] | attributing meaning where they are found. | 赋予圆圈意义 |
[02:25] | From the eternal rotation of the planets around the sun | 从行星围绕太阳的永恒旋转 |
[02:29] | to the movement of clock hands, | 到钟针的移动 |
[02:32] | to a simple wedding band. | 到简单的婚礼乐队 |
[02:38] | And I more than most know full well | 我比大多数人更了解 |
[02:41] | just how a circle can affect one’s life. | 圆圈会如何影响人的生 |
[02:45] | Or death. | 或死 |
[02:52] | 北卡州 1767年 | |
[02:56] | Ripley! | 雷普利 |
[03:12] | Would you allow me a moment to bid farewell to my friend? | 能允许我向朋友告个别吗 |
[03:23] | Hayes. | 海斯 |
[03:27] | When they set you free near the gallows, | 他们在绞刑架旁给你松绑时 |
[03:29] | Fergus will create a stramash. | 费格斯会制造骚乱 |
[03:31] | Lesley and I will see to the watchmen, | 莱斯利和我会对付守卫 |
[03:32] | and then you run as though the devil himself is chasing you. | 然后你就像魔鬼在追你一样跑 |
[03:35] | Ye’re aff yer heid, Mac Dubh. | 你疯了 布莱恩之子 |
[03:37] | Do you intend to be hanged as well? | 你也想被绞死吗 |
[03:38] | I canna let ye die. | 我不能让你死 |
[03:39] | You came on this journey to aid us. | 你踏上这段旅程是为了协助我们 |
[03:42] | Aye. | 是的 |
[03:43] | And I dinna regret it. | 我不后悔 |
[03:45] | I shoulda listened to ye, Mac Dubh. | 我应该听你的 布莱恩之子 |
[03:46] | I shouldna lain with that woman. | 我不该睡那女人 |
[03:50] | Men do things drunk they wouldna when clear-headed. | 人喝醉时会做蠢事 |
[03:53] | I didna ken she was marrit till the husband came upon me | 我不知道她结婚了 直到她丈夫举着叉子 |
[03:55] | with a pitchfork. | 来找我 |
[03:56] | Kicked him down the stairs only to save my own neck. | 我踢他下楼是为了救自己的命 |
[03:59] | Now it’s with my neck that I’ll pay. | 现在我也要付出自己的命 |
[04:05] | There’s two things ye might grant me. | 你可以为我做两件事 |
[04:08] | Anything. | 什么事都行 |
[04:09] | First, whisky. | 首先是威士忌 |
[04:11] | With any luck… | 如果走运的话 |
[04:12] | I’ll hardly notice when the rope tightens. | 我都不会注意到绳子勒紧 |
[04:14] | A whisky’s hard to come by hearabouts, | 在这里很难搞到威士忌 |
[04:16] | but I do have a wee bit of rum. | 但我有一点朗姆酒 |
[04:24] | I can always count on ye. | 我总是能指望你 |
[04:27] | To my soul. | 敬我的灵魂 |
[04:40] | How about a drop for my soul as well? | 也敬我灵魂一口如何 |
[04:51] | To all our souls. | 敬所有人的灵魂 |
[04:53] | Sláinte. | 干杯 |
[04:54] | Sláinte. | 干杯 |
[04:58] | What was your second request? | 你的第二个要求是什么 |
[05:01] | I’d like the last face I look upon to be that of a friend. | 我想在最后一刻 看到朋友的脸 |
[05:07] | Smiling at me. | 为我微笑吧 |
[05:15] | You have my word. | 没问题 |
[05:45] | When they release Hayes, do nothing. | 他们给海斯松绑时 什么都别做 |
[05:48] | You have another plan, Milord? | 你有其他计划吗 老爷 |
[05:52] | No. | 没有 |
[05:55] | This is the way Hayes wants it. | 海斯想这样 |
[06:15] | It had been four months since we arrived in America. | 我们来美国已经四个月了 |
[06:20] | We’d been making our way up the coast when our friend, | 我们来到了海岸 这时候我们的朋友 |
[06:23] | Gavin Hayes, killed a man and was sentenced to death. | 加文·海斯杀了一个男人 被判死刑 |
[06:30] | Jamie tried everything he could to save Hayes, | 杰米为救海斯尽了一切努力 |
[06:33] | but the magistrate wouldn’t listen. | 但地方法官毫不理会 |
[06:46] | Stop. | 停下 |
[07:00] | Keep it going. | 继续走 |
[07:03] | Move. | 快点 |
[07:12] | The said Gavin Hayes feloniously and willfully | 这位加文·海斯残忍地故意杀人 |
[07:17] | did kill and murder against his Majesty’s peace, | 对国王陛下的安宁 国王陛下本人 |
[07:21] | his crown, and dignity. | 和他的尊严都是大不敬 |
[07:51] | Next. | 下一个 |
[08:02] | No, no! Stupid guards! | 不不 蠢守卫 |
[08:05] | You let him die! Hayes! | 你让他死了 海斯 |
[08:08] | It’s–It’s no right! They canna take him from me! | 这不对 他们不能从我身边夺走他 |
[08:13] | I’m sorry! Hayes! | 对不起 海斯 |
[08:15] | Move it, boy. Out of the way. | 走开 孩子 别挡路 |
[08:31] | He’s getting away! | 他逃了 |
[08:38] | Halt or I’ll fire! | 站住 不然我开枪了 |
[08:43] | Quickly, after him! | 快去追他 |
[10:40] | I spoke with the harbormaster. | 我和港务长谈过了 |
[10:41] | The Campagnia sets sail for home in three weeks, | 坎帕尼亚号三周后启航回家 |
[10:44] | allowing us time to visit my Aunt Jocasta at River Run. | 让我们有空去看我在奔流庄园的乔卡丝塔姨妈 |
[10:49] | Fergus? | 费格斯 |
[10:52] | Did you speak with a minister? | 你和牧师谈过了吗 |
[10:54] | Thieving wretch. | 趁火打劫的混蛋 |
[10:56] | He will not have a convicted felon | 他不让重罪犯 |
[10:57] | in his graveyard. | 进他的墓地 |
[10:58] | Not without a good deal of recompense for his sins. | 至少得为他的罪付上一大笔 |
[11:02] | An immoral wretch as well. He’s willing to take a bribe. | 坏人也行 他愿意接受贿赂 |
[11:06] | Did ye bring Hayes? | 海斯你们带来了吗 |
[11:08] | Aye. He’s in our wagon. | 对 他在车里 |
[11:12] | We could bury him in the wood. | 可以埋在森林里 |
[11:14] | No. | 不行 |
[11:15] | No, Gavin wouldna care for being alone in the woods. | 不 加文才不会愿意一个人被丢在树林 |
[11:18] | He was mortally scairt of spirits. | 他一直都很信这些 |
[11:21] | D’ye recall, Mac Dubh, at Ardsmuir, | 记得吗 布莱恩之子 在阿德思穆尔 |
[11:23] | how he told us of the tannasghe encountered? | 他跟我们讲怎么和坦纳家的遇到的 |
[11:30] | We’ll not lay him in unconsecrated ground. | 我们不能把他留在不洁之地 |
[11:34] | We’ll lay him to rest tonight in the company of other souls. | 我们今天就让他和其他灵魂一起安眠 |
[11:38] | It’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[11:41] | I’m very tired. | 我累了 |
[11:43] | Might I take her up to her room to rest? | 我带她上去休息吧 |
[11:46] | Aye. | 好 |
[11:47] | Aye, we’ll manage without ye. | 好 没你我们也能活下去 |
[11:49] | A man such as Hayes should ne’er have met wi’ such an end. | 海斯这样的人不该有这样的结局 |
[11:51] | Without so much as a proper lament sung for him. | 都没有一个体面的葬礼 |
[11:55] | Well, he shall have a caithris. | 我们应该给他办一场法事 |
[13:22] | And so we were off to bury our friend. | 我们去埋葬我们的朋友 |
[13:25] | Sadly Hayes would never return home to Scotland. | 可惜海斯回不到苏格兰的家了 |
[13:28] | And the only way the rest of us would make it back | 而我们回去的唯一办法 |
[13:31] | was to sell a gem stone we salvaged from the wreck of the Artemis. | 就是卖掉阿耳特弥斯号残骸找到的宝石 |
[13:37] | The Lillington’s dinner certainly seems promising. | 利林顿家的晚宴至少看着靠谱 |
[13:40] | And perhaps we’ll be able to find a buyer for the gem stones there. | 也许还能在那里找到买家 |
[13:43] | Aye, the gems will fetch a bonny price. | 是 宝石能卖个好价钱 |
[13:46] | Here’ll do, lads. | 好了 伙计们 |
[13:53] | Lesley, stay here with Claire. | 莱斯利 你跟克莱尔留在这里 |
[13:57] | Watch over Hayes. | 看着海斯 |
[13:59] | Ian and I will find a good place. | 伊恩和我去找个好地方 |
[14:01] | Won’t you need a headstone? | 不需要墓石吗 |
[14:03] | Surely they’ll notice a newly-dug grave. | 新墓穴他们肯定会注意到 |
[14:06] | Aye, they might. | 是 有可能 |
[14:07] | I shouldna think the minister would trouble himself | 我觉得大臣先生不会白费力气 |
[14:08] | to dig him up for nothing. | 把他挖出来的 |
[14:46] | What do you do with the boys? | 他们怎么办 |
[14:47] | I have my way with them. | 我自有办法 |
[14:51] | All right, lad? | 好的 小子 |
[14:52] | I have my way with them. | 我自有办法 |
[14:56] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[14:58] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[14:59] | And after that… | 之后 |
[15:01] | The Bakra. | 巴克拉 |
[15:02] | I’ve no use for them. | 我对他们没有用 |
[15:07] | Ian, Ian! | 伊恩 伊恩 |
[15:09] | Ian. Ian, what is it? | 伊恩 伊恩 怎么了 |
[15:14] | I didna want to summon the memories. | 我不想回想起来 |
[15:18] | But the grave… | 但是墓穴 |
[15:23] | It reminds me. | 让我想起来了 |
[15:24] | Some ghosts can only be banished by speaking their name | 有些幽灵只能叫出他们的名字 |
[15:29] | and foul deeds aloud. | 和其罪行才能驱逐 |
[15:33] | I–I, too, had a festering pain inside. | 我 也有可怕的回忆 |
[15:37] | Until I shared it with your Aunt Claire. | 直到和你舅妈克莱尔倾诉后 |
[15:51] | When I was taken to the woman ye called Geillis… | 我被带到你们口中的格列斯那里时 |
[15:57] | She was naked… | 她浑身赤裸 |
[16:00] | In a basin of blood. | 泡在血缸里 |
[16:03] | She talked about bedding virgins. | 她说起和处男同床的事 |
[16:06] | As plain as though she asked me whether I had parritch | 就像问我拿麦片当早餐 |
[16:08] | for breakfast. | 一样平淡 |
[16:11] | I spoke true and I told her I wasna chaste. | 我实话实说 说我不是童男 |
[16:17] | That answer was not to her liking. | 她很不喜欢这个答案 |
[16:22] | She needed someone chaste for her purposes. | 她需要用的是有童子之身之人 |
[16:28] | She took my hand, and upon my life, | 她拉着我的手 以我的生命威胁我 |
[16:32] | she made me come to bed and lie down. | 要我去床上躺下 |
[16:38] | She made me do things. | 她逼我做的事 |
[16:42] | Unspeakable things. | 我都难以启齿 |
[17:01] | Have you ever lain wi’ someone when ye didna want to do it? | 你有被迫和谁同床过吗 |
[17:10] | I have. | 有 |
[17:17] | Then ye understand how it can be? | 那你理解我的感受吗 |
[17:23] | How you can do it without wishing to, | 你做了并不想做的事 |
[17:29] | detesting it. | 让人憎恶 |
[17:33] | And all the while it feels… | 可与此同时又 |
[17:39] | Pleasing? | 有快感 |
[17:46] | Well, lad… | 孩子 |
[17:52] | What it comes down to… | 说到底 |
[17:59] | What it comes down to is that your cock doesn’t have a conscience, | 说到底 身体是没有意识的 |
[18:01] | but you have. | 但你有 |
[18:09] | It’s not your fault, lad. | 这不是你的错 孩子 |
[18:12] | Ye did what ye must and survived. | 你只是为了活下去 做了不得已的事 |
[18:16] | That’s all that matters. | 仅此而已 |
[18:22] | Well, that hole is deep enough. | 坑已经够深了 |
[18:24] | So… | 所以 |
[18:28] | Let’s bring Hayes along then, huh? | 我们去让海斯安眠吧 |
[18:36] | Lesley, let’s get on with it. | 莱斯利 动手吧 |
[18:39] | Gathering, I can’t, what another fellow needs. | 我不知道别人需要什么 |
[18:42] | Life without him doesna seem right. | 没有他 生命都再无意义 |
[18:45] | Ifrinn an Diabhail! A Dhia, thoir cobhair! | 见鬼 上帝 救命啊 |
[18:46] | Christ alive! Where did it come from? | 天哪 这是哪里来的 |
[18:48] | From Hell. May it return there at once! | 从地狱 让它赶紧回去才好 |
[18:53] | Not from Hell. From the gallows. | 不是地狱 是绞架 |
[18:57] | My apologies for frightening ye. | 抱歉吓到你们了 |
[18:58] | Come. | 来 |
[19:00] | All right, all right. | 好的 好的 |
[19:04] | How long were you in the wagon? | 你在车里多久了 |
[19:07] | Since–Since midovernoon. | 从 从半下午开始 |
[19:10] | I crawled up there once the frog loaded up poor old Hayes. | 他们把可怜的海斯搬上去我就溜进去了 |
[19:13] | I was keeping him company, | 我一直跟他在一起 |
[19:15] | hopin’ that you’d be leaving town and takin’ me with you. | 想着你们能带着我一起出城 |
[19:21] | Stephen Bonnet, sir. | 在下斯蒂芬·邦内特 先生 |
[19:26] | Mr. Bonnet. | 邦内特先生 |
[19:29] | For what crime were you condemned? | 你犯了什么罪 |
[19:32] | Thieving, smuggling, piracy. | 偷盗 抢劫 走私 |
[19:37] | And how many men have you killed in commission of your crimes, | 那你犯罪的时候杀了多少人 |
[19:39] | Mr. Bonnet? | 邦内特先生 |
[19:41] | None that were not tryin’ to kill me first. | 都是他们先要杀我 |
[19:45] | Same as your friend. | 和你朋友一样 |
[19:54] | All right. | 好吧 |
[19:57] | You can go. | 你走吧 |
[20:00] | I’ll not hinder ye. | 那就不耽误你们了 |
[20:06] | Might I trouble you for conveyance? | 我能再请您帮个忙吗 |
[20:12] | There’ll be watchmen and soldiers | 这会儿大批巡逻队和士兵 |
[20:14] | out on the road tonight hunting me. | 都在大道上搜捕我 |
[20:16] | You could take me safely past them | 只要您带着我安全穿过哨卡 |
[20:17] | to a creek with an outlet down to the sea. | 走到一条通向大海的小溪 |
[20:19] | From there you’ll be on your way, | 然后您就忙您自己的去 |
[20:20] | free of the taint of my company. | 再不用忍受我了 |
[20:25] | I won’t bother you again. | 我不会再叨扰您了 |
[20:29] | You have my word. | 我保证 |
[20:38] | I’m begging you, sir. | 我求您了 先生 |
[20:45] | In the name of Gavin Hayes. | 看在加文·海斯的份上 |
[20:48] | He said you’d never turn your back on a friend. | 他说您绝对不会抛弃朋友 |
[20:59] | For a friend of Gavin? | 帮加文的朋友吗 |
[21:14] | All right. | 好吧 |
[21:17] | We’ll take ye. | 我们带上你 |
[21:19] | Great. | 很好 |
[21:21] | I’ll go with you. | 我跟着你们 |
[21:24] | Husband and wife will seem less suspicious. | 夫妻结伴的话不那么可疑 |
[21:27] | Fine. | 好 |
[21:29] | First, we lay Hayes to rest. | 我们先把海斯安葬了 |
[21:31] | After we’re done, you two take the horses | 完事之后 你们两个骑上马 |
[21:33] | return to the tavern. | 先回酒馆去 |
[21:35] | We’ll deliver Mr. Bonnet to safety. | 我们把邦内特先生送到安全地方去 |
[21:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[21:41] | I’d only ask one more thing. | 我还有一个请求 |
[21:44] | Well, that you allow me to help bury a friend. | 请允许我帮你安葬朋友吧 |
[22:17] | Halt. Make yourselves known. | 停下 报上名来 |
[22:25] | James Fraser and my wife, Claire Fraser. | 詹姆斯·弗雷泽 和妻子克莱尔·弗雷泽 |
[22:28] | What is it that brings you out so perilously late? | 这月黑风高的 你们出来干什么 |
[22:31] | A family matter. | 家事 |
[22:34] | What have you in the wagon? | 车上是什么 |
[22:37] | Nothing of worth. | 没什么值钱的 |
[22:39] | What little we have for our own provision. | 就是一些讨生活的物什 |
[22:42] | A cut of venison, sack of oats. | 一块鹿肉 一袋燕麦 |
[22:48] | And a body. | 还有一具尸体 |
[22:51] | A what? | 一具什么 |
[22:52] | A corpse. | 尸体 |
[22:53] | One of the men what was hanged this afternoon. | 今天下午绞死的人中的一个 |
[22:55] | We’re taking him for a proper burial with his kinsman. | 我们把他送到家族墓地里好好安葬 |
[22:59] | Have a look, Griswold. | 去看看 格里斯沃德 |
[23:11] | Yes, sir. It’s a body. | 没错 长官 是一具尸体 |
[23:13] | Wrapped in a shroud. | 裹尸布裹着呢 |
[23:19] | Take your bayonet and make sure it’s good and dead inside there. | 拿刺刀试试 看里面的人死没死透 |
[23:21] | That’s sacrilegious, Sergeant. | 您这是亵渎 中士 |
[23:23] | Would you defile a body, sir? | 您就这么玷污遗体吗 长官 |
[23:25] | Get on with it. | 继续 |
[23:27] | Stab it in the leg, Griswold, to be sure. | 戳他的腿 格里斯沃德 确认一下 |
[23:35] | Yeah, not a twitch. Dead as a doornail. | 没错 一动不动 死得透了 |
[23:39] | Be on your way, then, Mr. Fraser. | 继续赶路吧 弗雷泽先生 |
[24:19] | Are you wounded, Mr. Bonnet? | 你受伤了吗 邦内特先生 |
[24:25] | Danu the luck giver was with me. | 幸运之神与我同在啊 |
[24:27] | I think the venison bore the brunt of it. | 好像是鹿肉替我受了这一刀 |
[24:34] | They pinked me in the thigh a bit, though. | 不过确实伤到了我的大腿 |
[24:36] | Well, let my wife tend to your leg. | 让我妻子给你治治腿 |
[24:37] | She’s a healer. | 她是个医生 |
[24:40] | Here, let me look. | 来 让我看看 |
[24:45] | It’s not bad. | 还不算严重 |
[24:57] | Two wedding bands you wear. | 您戴着两个戒指 |
[24:59] | I’ve been married twice. | 我结了两次婚 |
[25:02] | Oh, two lucky men, then. | 哪两个家伙这么幸运啊 |
[25:14] | And you’ve never parted with the ring from the first? | 第一个戒指您一直留着吗 |
[25:17] | No. | 是 |
[25:23] | I never married. | 我没结过婚 |
[25:26] | But I’ve always been partial to rings. | 但是我一直挺喜欢戒指的 |
[25:30] | The watchmen dispossessed me of mine. | 卫兵从我这里抢走了一个 |
[25:35] | There’s something about the notion of an infinite circle | 无限圆圈这个概念 总是让我 |
[25:37] | that fascinates me. | 着迷不已 |
[25:41] | The hangman’s noose is a circle | 行刑人的绞索也是个圆圈 |
[25:44] | you’d do well to avoid in the future. | 你将来最好躲着点 |
[25:59] | It’s not the noose I fear, madam. | 我怕的不是绞索 夫人 |
[26:02] | No? | 不是吗 |
[26:08] | Since I was a lad, I’ve been plagued by… | 自从我长大 最让我害怕的 |
[26:13] | nightmares of drowning over and over again. | 就一直是溺水的噩梦 一遍又一遍 |
[26:19] | You’d think I’d foresee it and waken. | 你会认为我能有所预料 然后醒来 |
[26:24] | But I never do. | 但我从来没醒来过 |
[26:26] | Not till the water’s over my head. | 一直到水淹没我的头顶 |
[26:31] | I know it’ll be the death of me. | 我知道我就要死在这里了 |
[26:37] | Gray waters, dark with mud, | 那灰色的浊流 夹杂着泥沙 |
[26:40] | things swimmin’ blindly in it. | 有生物在其中盲目游动 |
[26:43] | Waiting for the sea to have her way with me. | 等着大海将我最终吞没 |
[26:48] | That they might do the same when she’s done. | 我溺死后 生物可能还会把我吃掉 |
[26:53] | Well, nightmares can’t harm you. | 噩梦伤不了你 |
[26:57] | No. | 确实 |
[27:00] | It’s the sea herself pullin’ at me. | 是大海拉着我 |
[27:05] | Have you ever felt the sea pullin’ at you? | 你有没有感觉到大海在拉扯你 |
[27:16] | I almost drowned once. | 我曾差点溺毙 |
[27:22] | In a storm at sea. | 遇上海上的暴风雨 |
[27:25] | Then you know what I speak of. | 那你知道我在说什么 |
[27:41] | Where will you go from here, Mr. Bonnet? | 你从这里启程去哪里呢 邦内特先生 |
[27:43] | Oh, some of my associates intended to weigh anchor | 我的一些伙伴想在附近的附属国起航 |
[27:45] | in a nearby tributary before the weather turns. | 赶在天气变化之前 |
[27:49] | I pray I’m not too late. | 祈祷我现在走还不完 |
[27:52] | Aye, why is it I get a feeling ’tis pirates that ye speak of? | 我怎么觉得你说的伙伴是海盗 |
[27:56] | Well certainly the governors of the Carolinas would call them so. | 当然了 卡罗莱纳州的狱长会这么称呼他们 |
[27:59] | The merchants of Wilmington would regard them otherwise. | 威明顿的商人们却不这样看待他们 |
[28:03] | No doubt you’ll be, uh, seeking some reward | 毫无疑问 你在寻求某种奖赏 |
[28:06] | for your assistance? | 为了你的伙伴 |
[28:07] | That can be settled. | 那没问题 |
[28:10] | I saved ye for Hayes’ sake. | 看在海斯的面子上我救了你 |
[28:13] | I’ll no seek reward for such service. | 并未为此寻求奖赏 |
[28:15] | Well, thank you, sir. | 感谢您 先生 |
[28:17] | You truly are a rare gentleman indeed. | 您真是一位罕见的绅士 |
[28:22] | I might advise you to be wary. | 我建议你警醒一点 |
[28:25] | Travelers in these woods, they’re–they’re often set upon | 在这些森林里穿行的旅行者 总是会被盗贼 |
[28:28] | by thieves and outlaws. | 和盗贼袭击 |
[28:34] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[28:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:39] | I must bid you now adieu. | 那么告辞了 |
[28:44] | I hope your good luck continues, Mr. Bonnet. | 邦内特先生 愿好运持续伴随着您 |
[28:49] | I found that a man most often makes his own luck. | 我发现通常一个人的运气是他自己创造的 |
[29:01] | I fear we may rouse suspicion | 如果我们太快通过英格兰兵的地界 |
[29:02] | if we pass by the redcoats so soon. | 怕是会引起怀疑 |
[29:04] | Hate to deprive you of a warm bed, | 真不愿意把你们从温暖的被窝里叫起来 |
[29:05] | but we’ll have to stay in the woods tonight. | 但我们今晚必须待在森林里 |
[29:08] | I don’t mind. | 我不介意 |
[29:10] | Nor do I. | 我也是 |
[29:13] | Let’s find a safe place to camp. | 找个安全的地方扎营吧 |
[29:31] | It’s been such a terrible day. | 今天真是太糟糕了 |
[29:38] | I feel so lucky to be here with you. | 能与你在一起我感到如此幸运 |
[29:45] | It isn’t wrong to be alive, Sassenach. | 想活着不是什么错 英格兰人 |
[29:52] | You’re right. | 没错 |
[29:57] | We have to treasure these moments. | 我们要珍惜这些时刻 |
[30:04] | Aye. | 没错 |
[30:07] | You and I ken better than most | 你我比大多数人都清楚 |
[30:11] | how fleeting life can be. | 亡命天涯是何种感受 |
[30:22] | Still, | 但是 |
[30:23] | can’t help but feel sometimes that all of this | 有时候还是忍不住觉得 |
[30:26] | could be ripped away at any moment. | 这一切可能被随时夺走 |
[30:29] | It doesn’t matter, Sassenach. Hmm? | 没关系 英格兰人 好吗 |
[30:36] | Don’t you see how small a thing death is between us? | 你不觉得我们之间生死已是小事 |
[30:43] | After you left me, after Culloden, | 克罗登之战 你我一别后 |
[30:48] | I was dead. | 我就像死了 |
[30:51] | Yet all that time I loved you. | 但那段时间我仍旧爱着你 |
[30:56] | I loved you too. | 我也爱你 |
[30:59] | I never stopped. | 从未停止过 |
[31:09] | When my body dies, my soul will still be yours. | 我的身体死去时 灵魂依然属于你 |
[31:14] | Nothing is lost, Sassenach. | 没有分毫损失 英格兰人 |
[31:18] | Only changed. | 只有改变 |
[31:25] | That’s the first law of thermodynamics. | 这是热力学第一定律 |
[31:30] | No. | 不 |
[31:35] | No. | 不 |
[31:37] | That’s faith. | 那是信念 |
[31:54] | I don’t care what it is. | 我不在乎它是什么 |
[31:56] | I want to feel alive with you right now. | 我现在只想与你感受生命活力 |
[33:53] | Do you know what lies beyond those trees? | 你知道丛林里还有什么吗 |
[33:57] | Aye. | 知道 |
[33:59] | More trees. | 更多的树 |
[34:03] | Yes, a lot more. | 没错 更多更多 |
[34:05] | They stretch all the way past a mighty river | 它们一路延伸到那条伟大的河流 |
[34:07] | named the Mississippi. | 密西西比河 |
[34:10] | The Great Plains. | 大平原 |
[34:12] | This is just the start of what America will become. | 这只是美国人创造历史的开端 |
[34:16] | Eventually it will reach all the way to the Pacific Ocean. | 最终将会一直延伸到太平洋 |
[34:21] | North Carolina will just be one of 50 states. | 北卡州将成为50个州之一 |
[34:28] | All filled with Scots. | 居民全都是苏格兰人 |
[34:32] | Oh, there will be lots of different people here | 这里会有很多不同的人 |
[34:35] | from countries all over the world. | 来自世界各地不同国家 |
[34:37] | And all hoping to live what will be called the American Dream. | 都希望来到这片热土上 实现所谓的美国梦 |
[34:43] | Is that the same as our dream? | 跟我们的梦想一样吗 |
[34:48] | I suppose it is. | 我想是的 |
[35:01] | A chance to live in a place where the only limitations | 生活在无拘无束之处的机会 唯一束缚你的 |
[35:06] | are a person’s own abilities. | 就是自己的能力 |
[35:10] | And the will to succeed. | 和想要成功的愿望 |
[35:14] | That’s the dream. | 就是那样的梦想 |
[35:19] | they’ll come here in their thousands. | 成千上万的人来到这里 |
[35:23] | And then millions. | 然后是上百万人 |
[35:26] | What about those already here? | 那么原来就在这里的人呢 |
[35:30] | The natives. | 当地人 |
[35:33] | What becomes of them? | 他们的境遇会是怎样 |
[35:37] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[35:39] | They are driven from their ancestral lands. | 他们被从祖先的土地上赶走 |
[35:44] | Killed. | 被残害 |
[35:47] | Or forced to live in reservations. | 或被强迫居住在保留地 |
[35:52] | It’s not unlike what the English did to the Highlanders. | 与英格兰人对苏格兰高地的人的所作所为一样 |
[35:56] | A dream for some | 一些人的梦想 |
[35:58] | can be a nightmare for others. | 可能是另一些人的噩梦 |
[36:10] | I suggested to Jamie we try and sell the ruby. | 我建议杰米把宝石卖掉 |
[36:13] | As we got ready for the Lillington dinner that night, | 在我们准备利灵顿晚宴的那晚 |
[36:16] | our hopes were high that we’d find a buyer. | 我们对找到买家的满怀希望 |
[36:24] | It’s not too much mutton dressed as lamb, is it? | 我这样不是老来俏吧 |
[36:27] | Never. | 从来都不是 |
[36:30] | Only thing missing… | 唯一缺少的 |
[36:33] | is a wee bit of jewelry. | 就是一点珠宝了 |
[36:38] | Took it to the goldsmith. | 我拿着它去找了金匠 |
[36:41] | Used some of our coin to fashion this mount. | 花了一些钱 做了底座 |
[36:47] | Only had time for any but the simplest design. | 我只有时间做最简单的设计 |
[36:51] | No, simple is best. | 不 简单是最好的 |
[36:57] | Heard Governor Tryon will be in attendance, | 听说州长泰伦会出席 |
[37:00] | along with a Baron Penzler. | 还有潘兹勒男爵 |
[37:03] | It’s said the Baron’s love of money | 据说男爵很爱钱 |
[37:06] | is accompanied by a love of the fine objects that come with it. | 还有随之而来的精美物品 |
[37:09] | well, let’s hope he’s a fondness for rubies. | 希望他喜欢红宝石 |
[37:21] | Might I request the pleasure of your company for dinner? | 可否请你赏光与我共进晚餐 |
[37:28] | Madam? | 夫人 |
[37:29] | You may. | 可以 |
[37:49] | Governor, Mrs. Lillington and I are so pleased… | 州长 利林顿夫人和我很高兴 |
[37:52] | Four shillings poll tax… | 四先令的人头税 |
[37:53] | And four pence per gallon rum duty. | 每加仑四便士的朗姆酒税 |
[37:56] | Will it never end? | 真是没完没了 |
[37:57] | That’s the very least of it, Stanhope. | 这是最微不足道的 斯坦诺普 |
[37:59] | It’s the never-ending expenses incurred in dividing our land | 让我担心的是为了将我们的土地 |
[38:02] | from that of the Cherokee savages which worries me. | 和切罗基人的土地分开而产生的无穷无尽的开支 |
[38:05] | – Yes, that’s a good question. – All from our taxes. | -那是个好问题 -全来自我们的税收 |
[38:07] | It beggars belief, does it not, Mistress Fraser? | 这让人难以置信 对吧 弗雷泽夫人 |
[38:12] | Mmm, though I doubt many women will be familiar with | 虽然我怀疑许多妇女是否熟悉 |
[38:15] | such provincial matters. | 这些州事 |
[38:20] | Well, on the contrary, Lord Penzler. | 恰恰相反 潘兹勒大人 |
[38:22] | I’m sure the very thought of inequitable taxes | 我相信 一想到不公平的税收 |
[38:25] | brings out the savage in all of us. | 就会引发许多人的不满 |
[38:27] | I’m particularly savage when it comes to taxes that bear | 我尤其不满的是穷人承担 |
[38:30] | disproportionately on the poor. | 不成比例的税收 |
[38:31] | Yes, that’s very good. The savage in all of us. | 说得好 我们所有人心中的不满 |
[38:33] | Yes, indeed. | 的确如此 |
[38:37] | You must try not to be so amusing, Mistress Fraser. | 你必须尽量不要这么风趣 弗雷泽夫人 |
[38:39] | It may be the death of poor Stanhope. | 可能导致可怜的斯坦诺普送了命 |
[38:43] | Is–Is this the–the style in Edinburgh, Mistress Fraser? | 这是爱丁堡的潮流吗 弗雷泽夫人 |
[38:48] | How–How charming. | 真迷人 |
[38:55] | Such a beautiful stone. | 真是美丽的宝石 |
[38:58] | You will permit me to look more closely? | 可否让我仔细看看 |
[39:02] | Certainly. | 没问题 |
[39:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:18] | Beautiful. | 真美 |
[39:21] | Sehr, sehr schon. | 非常好 |
[39:24] | And without flaw. | 毫无瑕疵 |
[39:27] | The governor and I have heard that you are the nephew | 州长和我听说你是奔流庄园 |
[39:30] | of the widow Cameron of River Run. | 卡梅隆寡妇的外甥 |
[39:33] | Have we been informed correctly, Mr. Fraser? | 这一消息正确吗 弗雷泽先生 |
[39:35] | Aye, uh, Jocasta Cameron is my late mother’s sister. | 对 乔卡丝塔·卡梅隆是我已故母亲的姐姐 |
[39:40] | Either of you acquainted with her? | 你俩跟她相识吗 |
[39:41] | Yes, um, I’ve been acquainted with Mistress Cameron | 是的 我和卡梅隆夫人 |
[39:44] | for many years. | 相识多年了 |
[39:46] | A most charming woman. | 她特别迷人 |
[39:48] | Are you familiar with her estate, Your Excellency? | 你知道她的庄园吗 阁下 |
[39:51] | Mmm, my wife and I passed several days at Cross Creek | 我妻子和我去年去北卡罗来纳州旅行了 |
[39:53] | last year during our tour of North Carolina. | 我们在横溪度过了几天 |
[39:56] | River Run, I believe, is situated on the Cape Fear River | 我记得奔流庄园位于开普费尔河旁的 |
[39:59] | at the foot of the mountains. | 山脚下 |
[40:01] | Aye. | 好吧 |
[40:03] | You know, my family are Highlanders. | 我家人是高地人 |
[40:05] | Mountains are like home to us. | 山就像是我们的家 |
[40:07] | Well, the Blue Ridge mountains are some of the most majestic | 蓝岭山脉会是你见过的最雄伟的山峰 |
[40:09] | you’ll see anywhere, Mr. Fraser. | 弗雷泽先生 |
[40:11] | Hmm, I intend on seeing them when I visit my aunt | 我打算去拜访姨妈 同时看看山景 |
[40:14] | before returning to Scotland. | 然后再回苏特兰 |
[40:22] | Would you, um, join me after dinner for a pipe | 晚餐后你愿意跟我抽根雪茄 |
[40:25] | and some brandy? | 喝杯白兰地吗 |
[40:26] | I have a case imported from France. | 我有一箱法国进口的酒 |
[40:28] | There’s a matter I wish to put before you. | 我想跟你说一件事 |
[40:40] | Mr. Lillington tells me you’ve been both a farmer | 利林顿先生告诉我 你当过农民 |
[40:42] | and a soldier and are newly arrived to the Colonies. | 当过兵 最近才来殖民地 |
[40:45] | Are you familiar with conditions here? | 你熟悉这里的情况吗 |
[40:47] | To which conditions might you refer, sir? | 你指什么情况 先生 |
[40:51] | North Carolina–though not as prosperous as its neighbors– | 北卡罗来纳州 虽然不如邻州繁荣 |
[40:54] | still offers wealth and prosperity for those | 仍然为坚持不懈耕种土地的人 |
[40:56] | willing to persevere and work the land. | 提供财富和繁荣 |
[41:01] | The Crown encourages settlement by industrious, | 国王鼓励勤劳虔诚的 |
[41:03] | God-fearing families. | 家庭定居 |
[41:06] | His Majesty is wise to encourage settlement of lands | 陛下鼓励人们定居在机遇之地 |
[41:08] | so rich in opportunity, Your Excellency. | 这是明智的 阁下 |
[41:12] | To this end, there is established a system of land grants | 为此目的 这里建立了政府赠地制度 |
[41:16] | whereby large acreage may be given to men who would | 谁承诺在他们的资助下 |
[41:19] | undertake to persuade numbers of emigrants to come and settle | 说服大批移民前来定居 |
[41:23] | on part of it under their sponsorship. | 就会获得大面积土地 |
[41:26] | I did hear mention of such grants, yet… | 我的确听到有人提起赠地 但是 |
[41:30] | Yet is it not true they come here steep quitrent per acre | 他们来这里后必须按英亩支付昂贵的土地租金 |
[41:32] | that must be paid in coin? | 难道不是吗 |
[41:35] | That is true. | 是这样 |
[41:37] | But in frankness, Mr. Fraser, | 但说实话 弗雷泽先生 |
[41:41] | there is the law, | 法律是一回事 |
[41:44] | and there is what is done. | 做的事又是另一回事 |
[41:48] | It may be possible to dispense with the requirements | 因为这里需要移民 |
[41:50] | of quitrents while one acquires settlers. | 所以免役税的要求可能被免除 |
[41:53] | Provided, of course, one swears an oath of loyalty | 当然前提是他宣誓向国王陛下效忠 |
[41:54] | to his Majesty the King, if not already done so. | 如果他还没有这样做的话 |
[41:58] | And so not wishing to remind you of any past indignity, | 虽然我不想让你想起任何过去的耻辱 |
[42:01] | – it is my duty to ask– – And mine to answer. | -但我必须问 -我也必须答 |
[42:09] | I’m a pardoned Jacobite. | 我是得到赦免的詹姆斯二世党人 |
[42:11] | I’ve sworn the oath. | 我宣誓过了 |
[42:14] | Like so many others that paid that price to keep their lives. | 跟许多付出代价才保住性命的人一样 |
[42:19] | It’s late, Your Excellency. | 现在很晚了 阁下 |
[42:22] | I must beg to take my leave of you. | 我必须向你辞行 |
[42:23] | Well, good night, Mr. Fraser. | 晚安 弗雷泽先生 |
[42:27] | Do consider my offer. | 考虑我的提议吧 |
[42:44] | 100 pounds sterling. | 100磅先令 |
[42:47] | For a single ruby, all thanks to you. | 买一颗红宝石 多亏了你 |
[42:50] | The Baron nearly dropped his eyeballs into your bosom, | 男爵几乎把眼珠子掉进了你的胸里 |
[42:52] | the filthy lecher. | 那个肮脏的色鬼 |
[42:53] | Had a right mind to challenge him over it. | 幸亏你头脑清醒 敢于向他挑战 |
[42:56] | Discretion is the better part of valor. | 谨慎也是英勇的一部分 |
[42:58] | I’ve yet to meet a Scot who seemed to think so. | 我还没见过这样想的苏格兰人 |
[43:02] | Eh, be that as it may, the Baron’s eye for fine gemstones | 虽然如此 男爵对精美珠宝的喜爱 |
[43:06] | means we’ve enough money to secure passage | 意味着我们有足够的钱 |
[43:09] | to Scotland many times over. | 多次来回苏格兰了 |
[43:12] | With what’s left over, I can– | 我还可以用剩下的钱 |
[43:15] | I can purchase a printing press. | 买下印刷机 |
[43:18] | You can practice your healing. | 你可以练习医术 |
[43:28] | Ah, do not fuss, Sassenach. | 别焦急 英格兰人 |
[43:30] | It’ll be fine. | 会没事的 |
[43:31] | John Grey used his influence to withdraw the warrant. | 约翰·格雷利用了他的影响力 撤销了搜查令 |
[43:35] | I’m no longer a wanted man. | 我不再是通缉犯了 |
[43:38] | – It’s not that. – You’re a terrible liar. | -不是这事 -你很不会撒谎 |
[43:43] | No, it’s nothing. | 不 没什么 |
[43:44] | Ah, thinking so loudly, I can hear ye from here. | 你思考的声音好大 我从这里都能听见 |
[43:49] | Well, I was thinking about the offer the Governor made to you. | 我想的是州长对你的提议 |
[43:58] | I was thinking on the matter myself. | 我自己也在想这件事 |
[44:01] | And? | 然后呢 |
[44:05] | Oh, he’s–he’s no offering me land | 他给我提供土地 |
[44:07] | for the sake of my bonny blue eyes. | 可不是为了我美丽的蓝眼睛 |
[44:10] | Bees that have honey in their mouth have a sting in their tail. | 嘴里有蜜的蜜蜂 尾巴上是有刺的 |
[44:16] | Ask yourself this. | 你问问自己 |
[44:18] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[44:20] | An outsider with few ties | 一个没什么关系 |
[44:21] | and no known loyalties. | 也不忠诚的局外人 |
[44:25] | Except to the man that’s offering you a large tract of land. | 那人只会对给他一大片土地的人忠诚 |
[44:30] | The man’s a soldier. A man of strategy. | 他是士兵 有谋略 |
[44:34] | He kens me as one. | 他觉得我也是 |
[44:36] | And I understand he’s had trouble with the Regulators | 我听说一年前他跟监管者 |
[44:39] | a year past. | 闹了矛盾 |
[44:42] | Who are the Regulators? | 监管者是谁 |
[44:44] | They’re men from the wilderness. | 从荒地来的人 |
[44:47] | They’ve taken offense at what they believe is illegal behavior | 他们被泰伦的收税员所谓的 |
[44:49] | on the part of Tryon’s tax collectors. | 非法行为冒犯了 |
[44:52] | So they’ve taken matters into their own hands. | 所以他们要自己管事 |
[44:55] | They called meetings, drawn up petitions, | 他们召开会议 起草请愿书 |
[44:59] | stirred up a spirit of resistance. | 激起了反抗的精神 |
[45:02] | The Governor’s clearly worried. | 州长明显很担心 |
[45:04] | So if things heat up, he wants to buy the loyalty | 如果事情计划 他希望买来 |
[45:07] | and obligation of an experienced soldier | 经验丰富的士兵的忠诚和职责 |
[45:10] | for the cost of a few acres of the King’s land. | 付出的代价仅是几英亩的国王土地 |
[45:13] | He’s much sneakier than I thought. | 他比我以为的还要狡猾 |
[45:16] | He’s practically Scottish. | 他基本上是苏格兰人 |
[45:18] | No. | 不 |
[45:22] | Jamie, you have to remember | 杰米 你得记住 |
[45:24] | there’s going to be another war in eight years. | 八年后又有一场战争 |
[45:28] | The American Revolution. | 美国独立战争 |
[45:30] | If you accepted the Governor’s offer of the land, | 如果你接受了州长提供的土地 |
[45:33] | he’d expect you to fight for the Crown | 他会希望你为国王效力 |
[45:35] | against the revolutionaries. | 对抗革命者 |
[45:37] | You know, I’ve fought in wars before, Sassenach. | 我之前也打过仗 英格兰人 |
[45:39] | Yes, but unlike Culloden, this one the British will lose. | 对 但是和克罗登之战不一样 这次英格兰会输 |
[45:44] | We would be on the wrong side of history again. | 我们又会站在了历史错误的一边 |
[45:47] | We would be branded as loyalists, | 我们会是效忠派 |
[45:49] | and the land the Governor has offered you | 州长给你的土地 |
[45:52] | would be taken from us. | 会被夺走 |
[45:58] | This–This becomes Brianna’s country, does it not? | 这以后是布丽安娜的祖国 对吗 |
[46:06] | Yes, she was born here. | 是的 她在这里出生 |
[46:10] | I dinna wish to fight in wars again or– | 我不希望再次打仗 或者 |
[46:14] | or have you in danger, Sassenach, but… | 让你身处危险之中 英格兰人 但是 |
[46:18] | If there’s a bit I can do to make this a good land | 但如果我能做点什么 让这里成为 |
[46:22] | for Brianna, if my presence here now | 布丽安娜的乐土 如果我现在在这里 |
[46:26] | can be felt by her later, then… | 之后能被她感受到 那么 |
[46:30] | Then that would be something. | 那么那就有所意义 |
[46:37] | Yes, it would. | 会的 |
[46:46] | Ian? Ian, where have you been? | 伊恩 伊恩 你去哪里了 |
[46:50] | And what’s this beast you have with you? | 你带的是什么野兽 |
[46:52] | Isn’t he a handsome dog, Uncle? | 它是条英俊的狗吧 舅舅 |
[46:54] | Don’t think that’s a dog, Ian. | 我觉得那不像狗 伊恩 |
[46:56] | More like a bloody wolf. | 更像一头狼 |
[46:58] | Broader through the head and chest than a wolf. | 头部和胸部比狼要宽 |
[47:01] | He’s a fine creature. Where’d you get him? | 它真英俊 从哪儿弄来的 |
[47:03] | I won him. | 我赢来的 |
[47:04] | Lucky roll of the dice. | 掷骰子走运了 |
[47:07] | So I called him Rollo. | 我叫它罗洛 |
[47:11] | Ye were dicin’? | 你在掷骰子啊 |
[47:14] | Aye, with sailors. | 是啊 和水手一起 |
[47:16] | But he’s not the only thing I won. | 但我不仅赢得了它 |
[47:21] | Christ, ya shouldna stake yer life gambling with sailors. | 天啊 你不该冒险和水手赌博 |
[47:26] | But you’re always at it, Uncle. | 但你总是在赌博 舅舅 |
[47:28] | Every tavern we’ve seen fit to rest, | 在每个适合休息的酒馆 |
[47:29] | you’ve wagered our coin. | 你都赌了我们的钱 |
[47:31] | That’s cards, not dice. | 那是纸牌 不是骰子 |
[47:33] | And I ken what I’m doing. | 我也知道我在做什么 |
[47:34] | Well, I won, did I no? | 我赢了 对吧 |
[47:36] | We have need of the money for the journey home. | 我们需要赚钱回家 |
[47:40] | Aye, well, if your mother hears of this… | 如果你妈妈听说这事 |
[47:43] | I won’t do it again. Promise. | 我不会再做了 我保证 |
[47:46] | You’re right, you won’t. | 你是不会做了 |
[47:48] | And you won’t need to. | 也没这必要 |
[47:49] | We’ve plenty of money now. | 我们现在有足够的钱了 |
[47:50] | We found a buyer for the ruby last night. | 我们昨晚找到了红宝石的买家 |
[47:52] | Well, that’s some good news, Auntie. | 真是好消息 舅妈 |
[47:54] | Aye, well, bring your mongrel and we’ll go inside. | 是啊 带上你的杂种狗 我们进去 |
[47:58] | We’ll have some food. | 我们吃点东西 |
[48:00] | Then there’s some things we need to talk about. | 然后得聊一聊 |
[48:07] | Come on, Rollo. | 走吧 罗洛 |
[48:19] | S-Staying in America? | 留在美国吗 |
[48:24] | Aye. | 是的 |
[48:26] | Aye, Claire and I have decided to try and make a life here. | 克莱尔和我决定在这里生活 |
[48:29] | That’s a fine idea. | 这是个好主意 |
[48:31] | – We could stay– – Not we, lad. | -我们可以留 -不是我们 小伙子 |
[48:32] | Ye’ll still be on a ship bound for Scotland. | 你还是要上回苏格兰的船 |
[48:35] | Oh, please, Uncle. | 拜托 舅舅 |
[48:36] | I’ll no be a worry to ye. | 我不会让你担心的 |
[48:38] | Truly, I swear it. | 真的 我发誓 |
[48:39] | I’ll work to earn my bread. | 我会工作 自足自给 |
[48:41] | I’ve a talent for selling. | 我有推销的才能 |
[48:42] | Fergus will tell ye. | 费格斯会告诉你的 |
[48:44] | Ye ken I would like nothing more than to have ye with me, | 你知道我很愿意带上你 |
[48:46] | but in what God’s name would your mother say? | 但你妈妈会说什么 |
[48:50] | I dinna ken. | 我不知道 |
[48:52] | But she’ll be saying it in Scotland, won’t she? | 但她会在苏格兰说 对吧 |
[48:56] | She kens I’m safe with ye. | 她知道我跟你在一起很安全 |
[48:58] | Ye wrote to her back in Georgia. | 你在乔治亚州给她写了信 |
[48:59] | I canna say that particular bit of knowledge will be | 我不能说她听到那条消息后 |
[49:02] | over-comforting to her, Ian. | 会觉得有多慰藉 伊恩 |
[49:06] | Your parents dinna want a vagrant’s life for you, lad. | 你父母不希望你过上流浪的生活 孩子 |
[49:08] | They want you to grow to be a man of learning and influence. | 他们希望你长成一个有学问和影响力的人 |
[49:11] | A man of worth. | 有价值的人 |
[49:14] | You’ll amount to something for yer mother’s sake. | 为了你妈妈 你要有出息 |
[49:17] | If it kills us both. | 就算搭上咱们两条命 |
[49:21] | Yer life’s no meant to be wasted. | 你的人生不该浪费 |
[49:27] | Where will you settle? | 你们在哪里安顿 |
[49:29] | We don’t know yet. | 我们还不知道 |
[49:30] | We thought we would work that out when we’re visiting River Run. | 我们打算去拜访奔流庄园时再弄明白 |
[49:35] | Fergus, I want ye to have a portion of the profit | 费格斯 我想把红宝石的利润 |
[49:39] | from the ruby. | 分你一部分 |
[49:40] | It will pay for ye and Marsali to return to Scotland, | 这足够你和玛沙利回到苏格兰 |
[49:42] | if that’s what you choose. | 如果你选择那样 |
[49:45] | And there’s a bit for Marsali to take home | 还有一份 给玛沙利带回家 |
[49:46] | to her mother. | 交给她妈妈 |
[49:48] | For the alimony I promised. | 这是我承诺的赡养费 |
[49:52] | There’s enough for you as well, Lesley. | 你也有足够的钱 莱斯利 |
[49:56] | I appreciate it, Mac Dubh. | 谢谢 布莱恩之子 |
[49:59] | But I’d have ye keep your coin | 但我希望你留着那笔钱 |
[50:01] | if I may travel with ye a bit longer. | 我想继续陪伴你 |
[50:07] | This is a wild country, and… | 这是个狂野的国家 |
[50:09] | my place is at your side. | 我该留在你身边 |
[50:14] | Aye, ye may. | 好 可以 |
[50:17] | We would like to stay in North Carolina as well, Milord. | 我们也希望留在北卡罗来纳州 老爷 |
[50:22] | Marsali would not be well-suited to a long journey. | 玛沙利不适合长途旅行 |
[50:31] | She is with child. | 她怀孕了 |
[50:35] | What? | 什么 |
[50:38] | Well, it certainly is a happy surprise. | 这真是个意外之喜 |
[50:41] | Aye, was a surprise to us as well. | 对我们来说也是 |
[50:47] | Of course we are delighted. | 我们当然很高兴 |
[50:50] | May God bless you both. | 愿上帝保佑你们 |
[50:54] | For now Marsali and I will stay in Wilmington. | 玛沙利和我会暂时留在威明顿 |
[50:57] | It’s a wee bit bigger than Broch Mordha. | 这里比布洛克莫哈大一些 |
[50:59] | I hope to find work as a seamstress, | 我希望找到女裁缝的工作 |
[51:02] | while Fergus seeks employment himself. | 而费格斯去找自己的工作 |
[51:04] | Aye, he’ll do fine, Marsali. | 他会找到的 玛沙利 |
[51:06] | And you–you’ll make a fine father. | 你会是很棒的父亲 |
[51:10] | Thank you, Milord. | 谢谢 老爷 |
[51:13] | Campagnia leaves in under a fortnight. | 坎帕尼亚号不到两周就离开了 |
[51:16] | You two will accompany us to River Run until then. | 在那之前 你俩陪我们去奔流庄园吧 |
[51:27] | Congratulations. Great news. | 恭喜 这是个好消息 |
[51:29] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[51:52] | So what is your Aunt Jocasta like? | 你姨妈乔卡丝塔是什么样的人 |
[51:58] | She’s a MacKenzie. | 她是麦肯齐家族的人 |
[52:01] | She’s my mother’s sister. | 是我妈妈的姐姐 |
[52:03] | And I haven’t seen her since I was a wee lad. | 我打小就没见过她 |
[52:06] | She wed a John Cameron and left Leoch | 在我父母结婚之前 她嫁给了约翰·卡梅隆 |
[52:08] | before my parents married. | 离开了里奥克 |
[52:10] | She’s never visited Lallybroch? | 她没来过拉里布洛克 |
[52:13] | Aye, once or twice. | 来过一两次 |
[52:16] | Then John died of a flux | 然后约翰生了重病 去世了 |
[52:18] | so she wed his cousin, Hugh Cameron. | 所以她嫁给了他表弟 休·卡梅隆 |
[52:21] | Well, he was killed hunting. | 他在打猎时被杀了 |
[52:24] | So, then she wed Hector Cameron. | 之后她嫁给了赫克托·卡梅隆 |
[52:29] | Well, she seems to have quite the taste for Camerons. | 她似乎很喜欢卡梅隆家族 |
[52:32] | Is there something special about them as a clan? | 他们这个家族有什么特别之处吗 |
[52:35] | Outside from being accident-prone. | 除了容易出事故 |
[52:38] | Ah, well, they have a way wi’ words. | 他们很会遣词造句 |
[52:41] | Camerons are poets and jesters. | 卡梅隆家族都是诗人和弄臣 |
[52:44] | So which is Hector? A poet or a jester? | 赫克托是哪种 诗人还是弄臣 |
[52:47] | Neither. | 都不是 |
[52:49] | He’s dead now too. | 他现在也死了 |
[52:54] | So how did they come to be in North Carolina? | 那他们怎么到了北卡罗来纳州 |
[52:57] | Well, after the Rising, he and Jocasta fled Scotland | 起义后 他和乔卡丝塔离开了苏格兰 |
[52:59] | and came here. | 来到了这里 |
[53:01] | He was granted land, built a house and a saw mill, | 他获得了土地 建造了一所房子和一个锯木厂 |
[53:05] | planted tobacco. | 种植了烟草 |
[53:07] | And then he died of a morbid sore throat a year past. | 一年前 他死于病变喉痛 |
[53:14] | Well, I hope the messenger arrives with your letter | 希望信使赶在我们之前 |
[53:17] | before we do. | 送到你的信 |
[53:20] | He’d arrive before we do if he crawled on his hands and knees. | 就算他是爬过去的 也会比我们先到 |
[53:24] | Well, keep going, lad. | 继续吧 伙计 |
[53:26] | I expect ye’ll have us in River Run before nightfall. | 估计黄昏前就到奔流庄园了 |
[53:36] | Poor man deserves a rest. | 这可怜人需要休息了 |
[53:38] | Shouldn’t have elderly slaves on their feet all day. | 不该让上了年纪的奴隶整天站着 |
[53:44] | Needn’t worry yourself, madam. | 不用担心 夫人 |
[53:46] | He earns a fair wage for his work. | 他的这份工作报酬可不少 |
[53:48] | Isn’t that right, Eutroclus? | 对吧 尤特洛克拉斯 |
[53:49] | Yes, I do, captain. | 是的 船长 |
[53:52] | You mean to say that you’re free? | 你的意思是 你是自由的吗 |
[53:54] | Yes, madam. | 是 夫人 |
[53:55] | He used to be my slave. | 他以前是我的奴隶 |
[53:57] | Till one day I fell asleep with the lamp still burning. | 直到有一天 我睡着了 灯还烧着 |
[53:59] | The cabin caught fire | 小木屋着火了 |
[54:01] | and Troklus pulled me out in time. | 特洛克拉斯及时救出了我 |
[54:03] | After that, petitioned a court for his release | 之后 我请求法庭放了他 |
[54:05] | on the grounds of meritorious service and offered a surety for his freedom. | 因为他的优秀表现 并为他的自由提供担保 |
[54:10] | Been working for me ever since. | 从那以后他一直在为我工作 |
[54:12] | Best waterman on the river. | 他是河上最好的船工 |
[54:19] | You must be grateful every day | 你肯定每天都感激 |
[54:20] | for what he’s done for you. | 他对你做的事 |
[54:33] | Keep your eye up river. | 看着河面吧 |
[54:35] | You’ll want to steer around any logs. | 你得绕开木头 |
[54:37] | All right, lad. It’s your turn at the pole. | 小伙子 该你去划船了 |
[54:41] | This is harder than it looks. | 这比看起来更难 |
[54:44] | The current is stronger than I imagined. | 水流比我想象的更强大 |
[54:47] | Will you join me, Sassenach? | 你过来好吗 英格兰人 |
[54:53] | Of course. | 当然 |
[55:09] | Well, what’s this? | 这是什么 |
[55:14] | A present. | 一份礼物 |
[55:19] | Open it. | 打开 |
[55:43] | Do ye like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[55:49] | Oh, Jamie. | 杰米 |
[55:53] | It’s wonderful. | 这太棒了 |
[56:00] | Where did you find it? | 你从哪儿找到的 |
[56:02] | I saw the box when I– | 我看到了这个盒子 |
[56:04] | when I went to the goldsmith to have the ruby set. | 当我去找金匠做红宝石底座时 |
[56:06] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[56:10] | It’s a microscope. | 这是显微镜 |
[56:12] | Aye. | 对 |
[56:17] | And perhaps one day | 也许有一天 |
[56:17] | I’ll deck ye in laces and jewels. | 我用蕾丝和珠宝装饰你 |
[56:26] | I havena been able to give ye much ever, | 我没能给你多少东西 |
[56:29] | save for this wee ring. | 只有这枚小戒指 |
[56:32] | And my mother’s pearls. | 还有我母亲的珍珠 |
[56:35] | You’ve given me so much more. | 你给了我更多 |
[56:44] | Brianna, for one. | 比如说 布丽安娜 |
[56:47] | I gave the pearls to her. | 我把珍珠送给了她 |
[56:51] | They’re an heirloom, after all. | 毕竟那是传家宝 |
[56:56] | And this ring is all I need. | 我只需要这枚戒指 |
[56:59] | 24 years ago I married ye, Sassenach. | 24年前我娶了你 英格兰人 |
[57:04] | I hope I haven’t ever given you cause to regret it. | 我希望我从未让你后悔过 |
[57:12] | Not for a single day. | 我一天都没后悔过 |
[57:53] | Mr. And Mrs. Fraser, pleasure to see you again. | 弗雷泽先生和夫人 很高兴再次见到你们 |
[57:56] | Stephen. | 斯蒂芬 |
[58:05] | Oh beautiful | 美丽的亚美利加 |
[58:09] | For heroes proved | 那些经历自由战争的英雄 |
[58:10] | We’ve got to go. Come on. | 我们得走了 快 |
[58:14] | Ian! | 伊恩 |
[58:16] | Get out of here! | 离开这里 |
[58:17] | In liberating strife | 证明了这一点 |
[58:24] | Who more than self our country loved | 他们爱祖国胜过爱自己 |
[58:32] | And mercy more than life | 怜悯它 胜过自己的生命 |
[58:43] | America, Ooh America | 亚美利加 亚美利加 |
[58:52] | May God thy gold refine | 愿上帝纯洁你的财富 |
[58:58] | Till all success be nobleness | 让所有的成就崇高伟大 |
[59:08] | And every gain divined | 让个个收获神圣完美 |
[59:14] | And you know when I was in school we used to sing it something like this. | 我在学校时 我们曾这样唱 |
[59:16] | Listen here. | 听好了 |
[59:18] | Oh beautiful | 美丽的亚美利加 |
[59:22] | For spacious skies | 辽阔的天空 |
[59:29] | For amber waves of grain | 金色的麦浪 |
[59:37] | For purple mountain majesties | 耸立在富饶平原上的 |
[59:46] | Above the fruited plain | 巍巍群山 |
[59:51] | Well now wait a minute | 等等 |
[59:53] | I’m talking about America | 我说的是亚美利加 |
[59:58] | Sweet America | 可爱的亚美利加 |
[1:00:04] | You know God done shed His grace On thee | 上帝赐福于你 |
[1:00:10] | He crowned thy good | 给你戴上 |
[1:00:15] | Yes, He did | 是的 |
[1:00:17] | In brotherhood | 友爱的皇冠 |
[1:00:20] | From sea to shining sea | 从闪光的东海岸到西海岸 |
[1:00:27] | You ought to love Him for it | 你得爱他 |
[1:00:29] | ‘Cause He, He, He, He crowned thy good | 因为他给你戴上 |
[1:00:33] | He told me He would | 他告诉我他会的 |
[1:00:36] | With brotherhood | 友爱的皇冠 |
[1:00:39] | From sea to shining sea | 从东海岸到闪光的西海岸 |
[1:00:46] | Oh Lord Oh Lord | 上帝 上帝 |
[1:00:49] | I thank you Lord | 谢谢你 上帝 |
[1:00:51] | Shining sea | 闪光的西海岸 |