时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | Where will you go, nephew? | 你们要去哪 外甥 |
[00:12] | We’ll travel west. Claire can practice her healing. | 我们会向西部进发 克莱尔可以为人看病 |
[00:15] | I can find work as a printer. | 我可以当印刷工 |
[00:17] | Marsali would not be well-suited to a long journey. | 玛沙利不适合长途旅行 |
[00:20] | She is with child. | 她怀孕了 |
[00:21] | I don’t want you to live a half life. | 我不希望你过不圆满的生活 |
[00:23] | I would lay the world at your feet, Claire… | 我想把整个世界都献给你 克莱尔 |
[00:25] | but I have nothing to give you. | 但我一无所有 |
[00:27] | I’ve heard there were Indians | 我听说有的印第安人 |
[00:28] | that will cut yer heart from yer chest. | 会把你的心挖出来 |
[00:29] | Some can be friendly, | 有些部落的人很友好 |
[00:31] | and some you’d do well to steer clear of. | 有些部落的人你最好不要靠近 |
[00:38] | It’s a silver filling. He has to be someone like me. | 是银牙 他肯定跟我一样 |
[00:41] | – Will you marry me? – I’m not ready for this. | -你愿意嫁给我吗 -我还没准备好 |
[00:44] | If you don’t care enough to marry me, | 如果你不想嫁给我 |
[00:46] | then I don’t care enough to have you in my bed. | 那我也不想让你上我的床 |
[00:48] | This must be the most beautiful land I’ve ever seen. | 这也许是我见过的最美的土地 |
[00:51] | We’d have to accept Governor Tryon’s offer. | 我们得接受泰伦州长的提议 |
[00:53] | – Do ye trust me, Claire? – Always. | -你信任我吗 克莱尔 -一直如此 |
[02:42] | Commendable decision on your part, Mr. Fraser. | 你做了个值得称赞的决定 弗雷泽先生 |
[02:50] | One I dinna make lightly, Your Excellency. | 这个决定我不是轻易做的 大人 |
[02:52] | Of course, | 当然了 |
[02:53] | what with 10,000 acres of his Majesty’s land at your disposal, | 一万英亩的国王土地归你所有 |
[02:56] | a Herculean task lies before you. | 你面临着艰巨的任务 |
[02:58] | A task I welcome, sir… | 我期待完成这个任务 先生 |
[03:01] | A chart of your land. | 你土地的地图 |
[03:03] | And my secretary can make arrangements for Mistress Fraser | 我的秘书可以安排弗雷泽夫人 |
[03:05] | to be accommodated here at Wilmington | 先住在威明顿 |
[03:07] | while she awaits establishment of your new home. | 等你建设新家 |
[03:09] | It’s generous of you to consider her, Your Excellency, | 你能考虑到她真是慷慨 大人 |
[03:12] | but, uh, she intends to accompany me | 但是 她坚持协助我 |
[03:14] | to help build Fraser’s Ridge. | 建设弗雷泽山脊 |
[03:17] | Well then, as you wish. | 那如你所愿 |
[03:19] | May God grant you the fortitude to overcome the hardships | 愿上帝赐予你们毅力 |
[03:21] | you will undoubtedly face in the backcountry. | 克服在荒野遇到的困难 |
[03:23] | I assure you, sir, | 我向你保证 先生 |
[03:24] | she has a great deal of fortitude. | 她非常有毅力 |
[03:27] | She’s a healer. | 她是个医生 |
[03:29] | She’s seen war and plague. | 她经历过战争和瘟疫 |
[03:32] | Couldna do it without her | 没有她我坚持不下来 |
[03:35] | You’ve found good men willing to settle there also? | 你找到想在那里定居的好人了吗 |
[03:37] | I have my best man in Wilmington | 我正让我在威明顿最得力的手下 |
[03:39] | putting out the word. | 散播消息 |
[03:41] | I would encourage you to, uh, | 我建议你 |
[03:43] | take your time choosing settlers. | 谨慎选择移民 |
[03:46] | It’s very difficult to distinguish friend from foe. | 敌友很难分辨 |
[03:48] | So-called “Regulators” Are stirring up trouble in the Piedmont– | 所谓的”监管者”正在皮埃蒙特闹事 |
[03:51] | pitting themselves against my tax collectors. | 与我的收税员针锋相对 |
[03:54] | Brandy? | 白兰地 |
[03:55] | Aye. | 好 |
[03:58] | Aye, there’s talk in the taverns. | 是的 小酒馆里也有传言 |
[04:02] | Men of shallow understanding, | 一群肤浅的人 |
[04:03] | who believe themselves the sovereign arbiters of right and wrong. | 自以为是对错的绝对权威 |
[04:06] | What is wrong is their disorderly conduct | 真正错的是他们扰乱治安 |
[04:08] | and their continued failure to pay their taxes. | 和持续不纳税的行为 |
[04:12] | Can yer sheriffs not discourage them from taking matters into their own hands? | 你的治安官不去阻止他们采取行动吗 |
[04:16] | Well, I believe that they too are exacerbating matters. | 治安官队伍也存在问题 |
[04:19] | Some have proven to be dishonest. | 他们中有些人品行不端 |
[04:22] | The taxes are not reaching the treasurers. | 有些税收没有进入国库 |
[04:25] | I see. I’m sorry to hear it. | 明白了 我很遗憾 |
[04:28] | It’s not your sympathy I want, Mr. Fraser. | 我不要你的同情 弗雷泽先生 |
[04:30] | I meant no– I’m simply grateful. | 我无意… 我只是很感激 |
[04:37] | I gather you have supped with princes and paupers. | 我猜你与王子和乞丐都进过餐 |
[04:42] | I have, Your Excellency. | 是的 大人 |
[04:45] | It’s said that the Highlander has much in common with the Indian savage. | 据说高地人和印第安野蛮人有很多共同点 |
[04:48] | Do you think it so? | 你觉得对吗 |
[04:51] | Savagery can exist in many forms, Your Excellency. | 野蛮可以以多种形式存在 大人 |
[04:57] | I’ve witnessed it in both prince and pauper. | 我在王子和乞丐身上都见过 |
[05:00] | Given your own worldly wisdom, I’m sure you’ll agree | 你这么通晓人情世故 我相信你肯定同意 |
[05:02] | that those who live in defiance of His Majesty | 那些蔑视国王的人 |
[05:05] | are no better than barbarians. | 与野蛮人无异 |
[05:07] | And often, the law is not efficient in… | 很多时候 法律无法有效地 |
[05:09] | containing them. | 管制他们 |
[05:12] | Aye. | 是的 |
[05:14] | Well, there is the law, | 法律是一回事 |
[05:16] | and there is what is done. | 怎么做是另一回事 |
[05:20] | I’m pleased we understand each other, Mr. Fraser. | 我很高兴我们互相理解 弗雷泽 |
[05:22] | An agreement with a gentleman is worth its weight in gold, | 与绅士的协议堪比黄金 |
[05:26] | especially one who knows the world and its troubles. | 尤其是一个了解世界和其问题的绅士 |
[05:29] | Let’s hope the world keeps its troubles to itself, Your Excellency. | 但愿世界的问题别影响到他人 大人 |
[05:33] | I admire your spirit, Mr. Fraser. | 我敬佩你的精神 弗雷泽 |
[05:36] | You’re just the type of settler North Carolina needs. | 你正是北卡州需要的那种移民 |
[05:50] | That’s the last of it. | 这是最后几件 |
[05:52] | – I’ll take those, Auntie. – Ah, thank you, Ian. | -我来拿吧 舅妈 -谢谢 伊恩 |
[05:59] | Uh, could I buy some bread, cheese, | 我能买一些面包 奶酪 |
[06:01] | salt pork to take with us, please? | 咸肉带走吗 |
[06:04] | Aye. | 好 |
[06:05] | I had a mind to prepare ye a basket of provisions, | 我本想给你们准备一篮子食物 |
[06:08] | only the thought of it– | 但只要一想到… |
[06:11] | I can barely speak of a supper | 我甚至都不能提起晚餐 |
[06:13] | Without feeling as queasy as our time on the “Artemis.” | 一提起我就像在阿耳特弥斯号上时一样想吐 |
[06:16] | You’ll have me singing, | 你会让我唱 |
[06:17] | “Heave away, my Johnny, heave-a-way.” | “起航吧 约翰尼 起航吧” |
[06:20] | You should chew peppermint if you can find some. | 如果你能找到薄荷叶就嚼一嚼 |
[06:24] | And eat small meals often, | 而且要少食多餐 |
[06:27] | even if you’re not hungry. | 即使你不饿 |
[06:33] | And what’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[06:38] | I miss…my mother. | 我想我妈妈 |
[06:42] | I ken ye don’t care for her | 我知道你不喜欢她 |
[06:44] | and that there’s bad blood betwixt ye, | 你们以前有矛盾 |
[06:47] | but with a bairn coming, | 但孩子快生了 |
[06:51] | I wish she was here wi’ me. | 我希望她能陪在我身边 |
[06:55] | It’s not unusual to want your mother now. | 现在想你妈妈很正常 |
[06:58] | If there’s anything I can do… | 如果有什么我能做的… |
[07:00] | That’s verra kind of ye. | 你真好 |
[07:02] | And there is no other healer I’d want by my side | 如果出了什么事 除了你 |
[07:06] | if things were to go wrong– | 我不想要任何医生 |
[07:08] | only, there’s deliverin’ a bairn, | 不过 生下孩子是一回事 |
[07:14] | and then there’s raisin’ one. | 养大他是另一回事 |
[07:17] | Your mother did a fine job raising you… | 你母亲养出了你这个好孩子 |
[07:23] | and I’m sure you’ll do just as well. | 我相信你也可以的 |
[07:27] | I dinna want any settlers who may cause trouble. | 我不想要可能会惹麻烦的移民 |
[07:29] | I’ll be careful in my selection. | 我选人的时候会小心的 |
[07:31] | Find Highlanders, if you’re able, | 如果可以的话 雇高地人 |
[07:33] | and the men from Ardsmuir Prison. | 还有蹲过阿德思穆尔监狱的 |
[07:35] | They’ll be hereabouts. Bring as many as are willing. | 他们也在这一片 尽量找那些人 |
[07:38] | I’ll look for them, Milord. | 我会留心的 老爷 |
[07:42] | I, uh, | 我… |
[07:43] | I trust things are well for you here. | 我相信你们都挺好的吧 |
[07:46] | – You have enough money? – Aye. | -你的钱够吗 -是 |
[07:48] | You must not worry yourself, Milord. | 你不用担心 老爷 |
[07:50] | I’ve managed some work and with Marsali’s sewing, | 我找到了一些工作 加上玛沙利做做针线活 |
[07:53] | we’ve enough for now. | 我们现在过得去 |
[07:56] | Well then, the wagon is loaded. | 那行 马车都备好了 |
[08:04] | We will write to you the moment our bairn arrives. | 等孩子一出生 我们就会写信给你们 |
[08:09] | And we’ll have a fine cabin waiting for you. | 也会准备好木屋等你们来的 |
[08:12] | The three of you can join us. | 到时也欢迎你们一家三口 |
[08:23] | You have that faraway look in your eyes, Sassenach. | 你的眼神恍惚了 英格兰人 |
[08:26] | Ah, it’s nothing. I just– | 没什么 只是… |
[08:28] | Marsali– | 玛沙利 |
[08:30] | she’s so radiant with child. | 孩子真是让她容光焕发 |
[08:34] | She’s almost the same age as Brianna. | 她差不多和布丽安娜一样大了 |
[08:45] | Sometimes, I– | 有时候 我… |
[08:48] | well, I worry… | 我担心 |
[08:50] | that it was wrong to leave her. | 离开她是错的 |
[08:52] | You know, I don’t remember much about my mother. | 我对母亲的记忆不深 |
[08:56] | But I know I missed her dearly when I had Bree. | 但我知道在生布丽时 我很想她 |
[09:00] | And now, I won’t be there for her. | 现在 我没法陪在她身边 |
[09:05] | Or a grandchild. | 或是她孩子 |
[09:09] | When I– | 当你… |
[09:11] | when I was without you, | 当你不在我身边时 |
[09:14] | I held onto thoughts of your face, | 我会想到你的脸 |
[09:17] | yer words, yer heart. | 你的话语 你的心 |
[09:19] | I clung to those memories when I didna want to stand | 当我撑不下去时 我会重温那些回忆 |
[09:22] | and I was thankful for them when I could. | 当我能撑下去时 我会感谢那些回忆 |
[09:29] | Our daughter will do the same. | 我们女儿也会这么做的 |
[10:19] | You go on, Uncle Jamie. I’ll be fine. | 去吧 杰米舅舅 我没事的 |
[10:22] | Aye. | 好 |
[10:23] | Dinna like heights that much, eh? | 你不太喜欢山 是吧 |
[10:27] | I’ll never tire of this view. | 这风景我真是百看不厌 |
[10:30] | If this were a painting… | 如果这是一幅画 |
[10:33] | People would say it wasn’t real, | 人们会说它不可能是真的 |
[10:35] | that the artist had imagined it. | 而是画家的想象 |
[10:37] | Well, we’re near enough ye might speak with God Himself… | 这高山或许都能让你站在上帝的耳畔 |
[10:42] | And compliment Him on His brush strokes. | 夸夸他那绝美的笔触 |
[10:44] | He has a certain touch. | 他有一双巧手 |
[10:58] | Where now, Auntie? | 现在往哪去 舅妈 |
[11:01] | It’s another 100 yards that way. | 向那再走一百码 |
[11:04] | And then… | 然后… |
[11:06] | we have to turn to the south again. | 我们继续往南 |
[11:08] | We must have placed 100 posts! | 我们都树了一百根标杆了吧 |
[11:12] | Well, this is ours. | 这是我们的土地 |
[11:15] | Wondrous, is it not? | 真奇妙 对吗 |
[11:19] | “My country, ’tis of thee, | “我的祖国 |
[11:22] | Sweet land of liberty, | 美丽的自由之乡 |
[11:25] | of thee I sing.” | 我为你歌唱” |
[11:28] | Poem from yer time? | 是你那时候的诗吗 |
[11:30] | It’s a song called, “America.” | 是一首名叫《美国》的歌 |
[11:34] | It has the same melody as “God Save Great George Our King.” | 和《天佑乔治国王》是一个调子 |
[11:40] | Ye’re telling me the Americans | 你是说美国人 |
[11:41] | stole it from King George and made it their own? | 把乔治国王的歌偷来变成自己的了吗 |
[11:43] | We did. | 是的 |
[11:46] | Heartily applaud it, then… | 那我要为他们鼓掌 |
[11:52] | Sing it for me, Sassenach. | 唱给我听听吧 英格兰人 |
[11:54] | No. | 不 |
[11:58] | When you sing, | 你一唱歌 |
[12:00] | all proper and polite like ye’re in church, | 那庄严的感觉就像是在教堂 |
[12:03] | I must confess it makes me wanna do indecent things. | 我得承认 那简直让我想做坏事了 |
[12:07] | – Like what? – Where to begin? | -比如什么 -从哪说起呢 |
[12:11] | Well, the beginning is always nice. | 起初总是不错的 |
[12:14] | Well, maybe I’ll press ye up against my– | 或许我会把你压在… |
[12:16] | Uncle Jamie, come here! | 杰米舅舅 过来 |
[12:24] | They’re witness trees. | 那两棵是见证树 |
[12:26] | Governor Tryon spoke of them. | 泰伦州长说起过它们 |
[12:29] | They mark the farthest boundary of our land. | 这就是我们土地最远的边界了 |
[12:38] | This will be a sign to all who pass | 这个标志就能让过路人 |
[12:41] | that they’re entering Fraser’s Ridge. | 知道他们走进弗雷泽山脊了 |
[12:46] | Here. | 给我吧 |
[12:49] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[12:50] | I wonder what animal left that. Maybe a raccoon? | 不知道这是什么动物拉的 浣熊吗 |
[12:54] | Myers told me of such creatures. | 玛耶斯跟我说过这动物 |
[12:55] | It’d take a whole family of raccoons | 那得要一窝浣熊 |
[12:57] | to produce that amount. | 才能拉出这么多来 |
[12:58] | No, there are much more dangerous animals | 不 北卡罗来纳州有太多 |
[13:00] | in North Carolina that could claim it. | 数得出名的危险动物了 |
[13:03] | Wolves? | 狼吗 |
[13:05] | Certainly none as friendly as Rollo. | 肯定都没有罗洛友善 |
[13:10] | Lions? | 狮子吗 |
[13:11] | Try not to look so excited. | 别这么兴奋 |
[13:14] | But yes, there are mountain lions. | 不过是的 这里有山狮 |
[13:15] | Uh, they call them panthers in these parts. | 当地人叫它们美洲豹 |
[13:18] | And there are other wild animals– bears. | 还有其他的野生动物 熊 |
[13:21] | Though it might be a bit late in the year for them. | 虽然这季节它们可能不会活动了 |
[13:24] | They hibernate. | 熊会冬眠 |
[13:25] | They bed down for winter and sleep until spring. | 在冬天睡下 直到春天才醒 |
[13:31] | What’s got yer hackles up? | 你怎么这么激动 |
[13:38] | There’s something behind us. | 我们的背后有东西 |
[14:03] | Claire, put the knife in my hand and get behind me. | 克莱尔 把刀递给我 然后躲去我身后 |
[14:20] | What do they want, Uncle Jamie? | 他们想干什么 杰米舅舅 |
[14:23] | Suppose we’ll find out. | 我们就要知道了 |
[14:25] | They look like Cherokee. | 他们看起来像切罗基人 |
[14:27] | The ones Myers dealt with seemed friendly. | 跟玛耶斯做交易的切罗基人都还挺友善 |
[14:29] | – I’ll go with ye. – Dinna move a hair. | -我跟你过去 -别动 |
[14:33] | Both of ye, stay by the rifles. | 你们俩都去枪边上 |
[15:01] | James Fraser. | 詹姆斯·弗雷泽 |
[15:04] | I am James Fraser. | 我叫詹姆斯·弗雷泽 |
[15:40] | Why is it that grandmothers seem to be | 为什么我学生的奶奶们 |
[15:42] | in the habit of dying just when my students have an essay | 总喜欢在我要收一战诗歌论文的时候 |
[15:45] | on the poetry of the first World War to hand in? | 命不久矣呢 |
[15:50] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[15:57] | Sorry, Peter. I’m a bit distracted… | 抱歉 彼得 我有点分神 |
[15:59] | and busy. | 而且我在忙 |
[16:01] | Well, old chap, if you foresee an opening | 老伙计 要是你在你那个 |
[16:03] | in that chaotic diary of yours, | 乱糟糟的日记里看出了开头 |
[16:05] | then join us for a scotch and a smoke. | 就过来和我们喝一杯 抽支烟吧 |
[16:09] | Be like old times. | 像以前一样 |
[16:53] | “Mount Helicon, | “赫利孔山 |
[16:54] | now known as Grandfather Mountain…” | 也被称为祖父山” |
[16:57] | “Settled in the 1770s by Highland Scots.” | “1770年代由苏格兰高地人定居” |
[17:04] | “One nearby settlement called Fraser’s Ridge | “附近有片定居地叫做弗雷泽山脊 |
[17:07] | “Provides yet another example of a Scottish name | “是那一带有苏格兰人定居的 |
[17:09] | in the surrounding area.” | 又一例证” |
[17:20] | Good boy. | 真乖 |
[17:49] | “Fraser’s Ridge”? | 弗雷泽山脊 |
[18:02] | Is that a cabin I see before me? | 我是看到了一个小木屋吗 |
[18:06] | It will be, aye. | 将会是的 是的 |
[18:08] | Unless ye’d want to live under | 除非你后半辈子就打算 |
[18:10] | moss and grass the rest of yer days. | 睡在苔藓和青草上了 |
[18:14] | The front door, I presume? | 我猜这是正门 |
[18:16] | Aye, facing south… | 没错 朝南的 |
[18:21] | Catch the winter’s sun. | 好让冬日暖阳照进来 |
[18:25] | What will that be there? | 这里是什么 |
[18:27] | That will be a shed for meat. | 肉棚屋 |
[18:31] | We’ll dig a shallow pit at the back, | 在后面挖一个浅坑 |
[18:34] | filled with embers to smoke what we can. | 找些木料烧了填一填 |
[18:37] | Then we’ll make a rack for drying. | 就有风干架了 |
[18:40] | Myers calls it “Jerked” Meat. | 玛耶斯叫它风干肉 |
[18:43] | We called it “Jerky” in Boston | 在波士顿 我们叫它肉干 |
[18:46] | and it’s damned delicious. | 可好吃了 |
[18:48] | Ian tied our stores up. | 伊恩把我们的存货吊起来了 |
[18:50] | What meat we have will be kept there, | 我们的肉就存在那里 |
[18:51] | away from animals, till the shed’s built. | 远离野兽 直到棚屋搭好 |
[18:59] | What will this be? | 这里是什么 |
[19:02] | Well, this–this will be your wee shed, Sassenach, | 这里 这里是你的小屋 英格兰人 |
[19:07] | for your herbs and physician’s knives and such. | 放你的草药和手术刀什么的 |
[19:12] | And when we have settlers, | 等这里有了居民 |
[19:14] | ye can bring patients here, if you wish. | 你可以把患者带来 如果你愿意 |
[19:19] | You’ve thought of everything. | 你真是什么都想到了 |
[19:24] | Christ, the pole’s crooked. | 天哪 桩歪了 |
[19:29] | The shed will be too. | 这样棚子也要歪的 |
[19:31] | I canna have a crooked shed. | 我的棚子可不能歪 |
[19:34] | I hardly think the deer carcasses will mind. | 我觉得里面放的肉不会在乎的 |
[19:38] | Uncle Jamie! | 杰米舅舅 |
[19:40] | Uncle Jamie! | 杰米舅舅 |
[19:42] | They’ve returned. | 他们又来了 |
[19:44] | Get behind me. | 站我身后 |
[21:03] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[21:23] | – Hello? – Brianna? | -你好 -布丽安娜 |
[21:26] | – Roger? – Who is it? | -罗杰 -谁的电话 |
[21:28] | Is it too early? Did I wake ye? | 早不早 是不是吵醒你了 |
[21:30] | No, no, not at all. I’m up. | 没有没有 我起来了 |
[21:32] | Gayle and I were just gonna head to a rally in the Common. | 盖尔和我正要去参加集会 |
[21:37] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[21:39] | Oh, my… | 天哪 |
[21:44] | How, uh, how are you? | 你 你好吗 |
[21:46] | Is everything okay? | 没事吧 |
[21:48] | Aye, aye. I’m well. | 嗯嗯 我挺好 |
[21:51] | And you? | 你呢 |
[21:52] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m good. | 嗯 我很好 |
[21:54] | Just busy with school and all. | 就是学校的事很多 |
[22:01] | I was just thinking about you. | 我刚才还在想你 |
[22:05] | You were? | 是吗 |
[22:08] | Yeah. | 是 |
[22:10] | Just… | 就是 |
[22:13] | Wondering if you had a nice holiday. | 在想你节日过得好不好 |
[22:18] | Actually, it’s next week, but it’s not really a holiday. | 其实下周才过 而且也不算节日 |
[22:21] | I’m just heading up to Inverness | 我只是去因弗尼斯 |
[22:22] | to get the last of the boxes from the house. | 取最后那几个箱子 |
[22:25] | Fiona was kind enough to store them for me. | 费欧娜好心替我保存着呢 |
[22:30] | I, uh… | 我 |
[22:33] | Brianna, | 布丽安娜 |
[22:35] | I have some news about your mother. | 我有关于你妈妈的新消息 |
[22:38] | – My mother? – Aye. | -我妈妈 -是的 |
[22:41] | Remember the wee book you gave me at the festival? | 记得你在节日上给我的书吗 |
[22:44] | Well, I was flipping through it, | 我刚才在翻看 |
[22:45] | and I saw a line… | 看到了一句话 |
[22:47] | Uh, a-a single mention, really, | 其实就只是提了一下 |
[22:49] | about a place called Fraser’s Ridge. | 提到了一个叫弗雷泽山脊的地方 |
[22:54] | So I wrote to the author to find out more. | 所以我给作者去信询问更多详情 |
[22:59] | And? | 然后呢 |
[23:04] | Claire found Jamie. | 克莱尔找到了杰米 |
[23:08] | They were reunited. | 他们重逢了 |
[23:11] | They lived in North Carolina, | 他们住在北卡罗来纳州 |
[23:13] | from about 1768 at a settlement | 1768年左右 就定居在 |
[23:16] | called Fraser’s Ridge. | 这个叫弗雷泽山脊的地方 |
[23:19] | It’s not far from Mount Helicon, | 离赫利孔山很近 |
[23:22] | which is now called Grandfather Mountain. | 那里现在也叫祖父山 |
[23:26] | The place where the festival was held? | 节日庆祝的地方吗 |
[23:28] | Aye, the same mountain range. | 是的 同一座山 |
[23:30] | So they were early Americans? | 他们是美国早期移民 |
[23:32] | Aye. I have here in front of me a land grant showing Jamie | 是的 我这里有份政府授地书 |
[23:36] | received 10,000 acres from the Governor of North Carolina. | 北卡罗来纳政府授予了杰米一万英亩 |
[23:40] | You’re kidding. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[23:41] | And a letter from a woman to her family in England | 还有一封一个女人寄给英格兰家人的信 |
[23:45] | which mentions a James Fraser and, quote, | 信里提到了詹姆斯·弗雷泽 |
[23:47] | “His wife Claire, a healer.” | 和他的妻子克莱尔 医生 |
[23:54] | Bree? Are you–are you there? | 布丽 你还在听吗 |
[23:57] | I’m here. I just… | 我在 我只是 |
[24:02] | Roger, I cannot tell you what this means to me. | 罗杰 这件事对我的意义我无以言表 |
[24:05] | Thank you for looking… | 谢谢你的调查 |
[24:08] | despite everything that happened. | 虽然咱们之间有不愉快 |
[24:12] | Of course. | 应该的 |
[24:18] | Well, I have essays to mark. | 我还有论文要看 |
[24:25] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[24:34] | Good-bye, Brianna. | 再见 布丽安娜 |
[24:37] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[24:58] | Maybe we could build somewhere else. | 或许我们可以在别处修小屋 |
[25:00] | We do have 10,000 acres. | 我们有一万英亩的土地 |
[25:05] | No. | 不行 |
[25:06] | This is the place– | 就得在这里 |
[25:08] | close to the stream where the earth is tillable | 这里离河流很近 土地适于农耕 |
[25:11] | and we’re sheltered from the east wind. | 也免于受到东风侵袭 |
[25:15] | Perhaps we should | 或许我们应该 |
[25:16] | move further away from the shared border, then. | 搬到离共同边境远一些的地方 |
[25:23] | Something as small as a wee line on a map | 地图上小小的一条线 |
[25:25] | didna stop them today. | 已经无法阻止他们 |
[25:28] | If they mean to be rid of us, | 如果他们想除掉我们 |
[25:30] | they’ll come no matter where we settle on this ridge. | 那么不管我们安顿在山脊哪里 他们都会来的 |
[25:34] | And from what ye’ve told me, | 根据你告诉我的情况 |
[25:35] | there are Indians all over these lands. | 这些土地上有很多印第安人 |
[25:39] | So, no matter where we settle, we’ll have the same problem. | 所以不管我们安顿在哪里 都会面临同样的问题 |
[25:46] | You remember the skull I showed you– | 你还记得我给你看的头骨吗 |
[25:49] | the Indian I saw? | 我看到的那个印第安人 |
[25:52] | I thought that perhaps he was the one who led us | 我觉得他可能就是那个引导我们 |
[25:55] | back to each other, | 回到彼此身边的人 |
[25:57] | guided us to this place. | 指引我们来到了这里 |
[26:00] | What if it was a warning? | 如果那是一个警告呢 |
[26:04] | He’s someone like me– | 他是像我一样的人 |
[26:06] | someone from the future. | 来自于未来 |
[26:08] | What if he knows that something bad happens here? | 如果他知道这里会有不好的事发生呢 |
[26:16] | Ghost or not, Sassenach, | 不管他是不是鬼魂 英格兰人 |
[26:19] | I canna tell ye what it is for me to feel | 我无法告诉你为什么 |
[26:21] | the rightness of this place. | 我觉得这里就是注定之地 |
[26:24] | Wasn’t just yer ghost that brought us here. | 不只是你的鬼魂带我们来这里 |
[26:29] | The mountain spoke to me. | 山川也在对我说话 |
[26:36] | Trouble is, | 问题是 |
[26:38] | I canna speak wi’ this tribe, tell them I mean to honor | 我跟这个部落无法沟通 告诉他们我很尊重 |
[26:43] | the boundary lines, be a considerate neighbor. | 双方划定的边界 愿意做个体贴的邻居 |
[26:47] | Perhaps you should make a gesture of goodwill. | 或许你该做个善意的表示 |
[26:52] | Aye. | 对 |
[26:55] | I’ll speak with John Quincy Myers in the morning. | 我早上就去跟约翰·昆西·玛耶斯谈谈 |
[27:31] | Rollo. | 罗洛 |
[27:39] | The Cherokee. | 切罗基人 |
[28:23] | Where are they? | 他们在哪里 |
[28:48] | They took our meat! | 他们抢走了我们的肉 |
[28:51] | They mean for us to starve. | 他们想把我们饿死 |
[28:57] | Here. | 拿着 |
[29:21] | It’s Finley. | 是芬利 |
[29:35] | Uncle, look. | 舅舅 你看 |
[29:46] | This isn’t the Cherokee. | 不是切罗基人 |
[29:49] | This is a bear. | 是一头熊 |
[29:57] | A bear a-roaming, eh? | 一头闲晃的熊是吗 |
[30:00] | A fearful sight to behold if ever I saw one. | 如果我有幸得见 场面肯定很恐怖 |
[30:04] | Doing more than roaming. It nearly cost me a horse. | 可不止闲晃 让我差点付出一匹马的代价 |
[30:08] | Come to think of it, the Cherokee did tell me | 现在想来 切罗基人的确告诉我 |
[30:11] | they’d been visited by a Tskili Yona. | Tskili Yona来找他们了 |
[30:14] | A what? | 什么 |
[30:15] | Tskili Yona Tskili Yona. | |
[30:17] | “Yona” is their word for bear, | Yona在他们的语言里指熊 |
[30:19] | but “Tskili,” I’m less familiar with. | 但Tskili我就不太熟悉了 |
[30:22] | I gather it conjures a notion of “Wickedness” or “Evil.” | 我想它包含邪恶或者是凶恶之意 |
[30:27] | An evil spirit in the form of a bear, by my reckoning. | 我觉得是一个以熊的形象出现的恶灵 |
[30:32] | They believe it’s a– a monster? | 他们认为那是一个怪兽吗 |
[30:36] | They certainly believe it’s something more than a mere bear. | 他们相信肯定不仅仅是一头熊 |
[30:44] | You’ll take that meat since you lost your provisions. | 既然你损失了补给 那么那些肉你拿走 |
[30:49] | I didna come for charity. I came for counsel. | 我不是来求施舍的 我是来问你建议的 |
[30:53] | And I’ll give you some. | 那我就给你些建议 |
[30:57] | Without food in your bellies, | 如果肚中没有食物 |
[30:59] | your minds will be empty too. | 你的头脑也会空空如也 |
[31:05] | Claire tells me it’s verra tasty. | 克莱尔跟我说味道非常好 |
[31:08] | You’ll come by food again soon enough. | 很快你就会再弄到食物 |
[31:11] | Threats from Cherokee, however– | 然而切罗基人的威胁 |
[31:14] | well, that’s a matter as requires more thought. | 这是个需要多考虑考虑的问题 |
[31:18] | By returning your boundary posts to you yesterday, | 昨天他们把你的界桩还给你 |
[31:21] | they’ve given you a message. | 等于给你传达了一个信息 |
[31:26] | They didna get all of them at least. | 至少他们没拿掉所有的界桩 |
[31:28] | I was hoping to make them an offer, | 我本来希望给他们一点好处 |
[31:30] | but I dinna ken what exactly. | 但我还没想好到底如何表示 |
[31:36] | Tobacco is always welcomed. | 烟草永远都受欢迎 |
[31:39] | And you’re in luck– | 而你很幸运 |
[31:42] | I obtained a goodly amount from your aunt. | 我从你姨妈那里获得了不少 |
[31:45] | I’ll be happy to oblige you a portion of it. | 我将很高兴地赠与你们一部分 |
[31:47] | I’ll only take it if you allow me to repay you. | 只有你接受我的回报 我才会拿走一些烟草 |
[31:52] | And I shall take it to them at once, | 我应该立刻把这些带给他们 |
[31:54] | but I dinna ken their customs. | 但我不太了解他们的习俗 |
[31:56] | How do you approach them? | 如何才能接近他们 |
[31:58] | When you enter, if you want to greet them with respect, | 你进去的时候 如果想礼貌地打个招呼 |
[32:00] | say, “Siyo ginali.” | 你就说Siyo ginali |
[32:05] | Siyo ginali Siyo ginali. | |
[32:07] | Though the Cherokee are restless just now. | 不过切罗基人现在非常焦躁 |
[32:10] | I’m known to them. | 他们知道我 |
[32:12] | Perhaps it’s best I take the tobacco to them on your behalf. | 或许最好的方法是我以你的名义带烟草去 |
[32:17] | Maybe you’re right. Thank you, John. | 或许你说的对 谢谢你约翰 |
[32:22] | Truth be told, that bear may have been a stroke of fortune. | 说实话 那头熊或许是天降好运 |
[32:26] | I’d put off building your cabin until this matter is resolved. | 我要是你 就会先解决问题 再建造小屋 |
[32:30] | The Cherokee gave you a warning. | 切罗基人给了你警告 |
[32:33] | Next time they might not be so courteous. | 下次他们可能就不会这么礼貌了 |
[32:40] | Uncle Jamie will be pleased. | 杰米舅舅会很高兴的 |
[32:42] | It’s a good catch– | 大丰收 |
[32:44] | apart from the leviathan that tore through the net. | 虽然海中的怪兽撕破了渔网 |
[32:47] | You mended it yet? | 你修好了吗 |
[32:49] | Aye, almost. | 快了 |
[32:55] | Good hand for it. | 手真巧 |
[32:58] | Well, it’s akin to knitting. | 跟编织也差不多 |
[33:00] | Ma taught me well. | 妈妈把我教的很好 |
[33:03] | Ye’ve to be wary of yer stitches– | 缝的时候必须每一针都很精确 |
[33:05] | too close together and ye’ll soon run out of yarn. | 缝的太密集线一会儿就用完了 |
[33:08] | Too far apart, and ye’ll be walking around | 离得太远 缝补完的东西上 |
[33:10] | with holes where ye dinna want them. | 就会有很多你不想要的洞 |
[33:13] | I never learned how to knit. | 我从来学不会编织 |
[33:16] | That canna be. Everyone kens how to clickit. | 不可能 大家都知道怎么编织 |
[33:21] | I can sew a dress or a wound, | 我可以缝裙子 也可以缝伤口 |
[33:24] | but knitting is not something I was ever taught. | 但从来没有人教过我编织 |
[33:28] | What’d ye do for winter stockings in Boston then? | 那么在波士顿冬天穿的袜子你怎么办 |
[33:31] | I bought them. | 买就可以了 |
[33:33] | Everyone at Lallybroch knits | 所有拉里布洛克的人 |
[33:35] | from the time they can hold a needle. | 从懂拿针开始就会编织了 |
[33:39] | – Even Jamie? – Aye. | -甚至包括杰米吗 -对 |
[33:42] | Uncle Jamie knitted me a fine pair of stockings for my baptism. | 我受洗的时候杰米舅舅给我做了一双好袜子 |
[33:47] | I’d be happy to teach ye. | 我会很高兴来教你怎么缝 |
[33:49] | When I get my hands on a skein of wool, | 等我拿到一绞羊毛线 |
[33:51] | I’ll have ye knitting in no time at all. | 我马上教你编织 |
[33:55] | At the moment, I’d better get these ready to cook. | 现在我最好把这些准备好 |
[33:58] | Aye. | 是 |
[34:00] | I’ll look in on Finley. | 我去看看芬利 |
[34:07] | Do ye suppose the bear might still be roaming about? | 你觉得那头熊还在这附近游荡吗 |
[34:11] | Uh, with any luck, he’s gone back to sleep. | 如果走运的话 它就回去冬眠了 |
[34:15] | But be careful all the same. | 但你也得小心 |
[34:17] | Aye. You too. | 好 你也是 |
[34:20] | Come, Rollo. | 走吧 罗洛 |
[34:39] | A shame we canna eat wood or we’d have our supper. | 真可惜我们不能吃木头 不然晚餐就有了 |
[34:42] | Well, fortunately, | 幸运的是 |
[34:44] | we’ve plenty of trout. | 我们有足够的鳟鱼 |
[34:47] | Ye ken of easier ways of catching fish. | 你知道捕鱼的更容易方法 |
[34:50] | With that bear around, | 那头熊在这附近 |
[34:51] | I thought I’d see if I remembered how to shoot. | 我想看看我是否还记得如何开枪 |
[34:54] | Seems ye havena forgotten much. | 看来你还没忘记多少 |
[34:56] | Dinna think ye packed yer powder well enough. | 我觉得你的火药没装好 |
[35:06] | I’ve always marveled how soldiers could do that | 我总是好奇在战争中 |
[35:08] | in the heat of battle. | 士兵是怎样做到的 |
[35:10] | Aye, it’s one thing when ye’ve all the time in the world… | 当你时间充裕时 这是一回事 |
[35:16] | But when your enemy’s charging at ye… | 但当你的敌人朝你冲来时 |
[35:19] | it’s a different matter entirely. | 这就完全是另外一回事了 |
[36:03] | Uncle Jamie? | 杰米舅舅 |
[36:31] | – I don’t see it. – Aye. | -我没看见它 -嗯 |
[36:38] | Maybe we scared it off? | 也许我们把它吓跑了 |
[36:50] | Rollo? | 罗洛 |
[36:53] | What have ye got? | 你带来了什么 |
[36:58] | That’s human. | 那是人类 |
[37:04] | Here! | 给 |
[37:11] | – Myers. – What’s he doing here? | -玛耶斯 -他来这里干什么 |
[37:17] | The bear. | 熊 |
[37:19] | He’s been mauled. | 他被袭击了 |
[37:24] | Tskili Yona Tskili…Yona… | |
[37:29] | Tskili Yona Tskili Yona… | |
[37:46] | Tskili Yona Tskili Yona. | |
[37:48] | He looks so pale. | 他看起来面色苍白 |
[37:49] | I need my medical kit. | 我需要我的药箱 |
[37:50] | We have to get him back to the shelter now! | 我们得马上扶他进小屋 |
[37:54] | Tskili Yona Tskili Yona. | |
[38:08] | He has severe muscle damage. | 他有严重的肌肉损伤 |
[38:09] | Ian, hold this. Apply pressure. | 伊恩 拿着 用力压住 |
[38:16] | – Where are you going? – It’s still close. | -你去哪里 -它仍在附近 |
[38:19] | You’ll get yourself killed. | 你会送命的 |
[38:21] | Well, if I don’t go after it, it’ll come back. | 如果我不去追它 它会回来的 |
[38:23] | – I’ll go with you. – No. | -我跟你一起去 -不行 |
[38:24] | Stay here and help your auntie. You understand? | 留在这里 帮你舅妈 明白了吗 |
[38:27] | Aye. | 是的 |
[40:32] | I’d have to tie off his blood vessels. | 我得系住他的血管 |
[40:38] | He’s been bitten. | 他被咬了 |
[40:40] | Well, what is it? | 是什么 |
[40:42] | It wasn’t a bear. | 那不是熊 |
[43:12] | Siyo ginali Siyo…ginali. | |
[43:17] | You killed him? | 你杀了他吗 |
[43:25] | I did. | 是的 |
[43:30] | Tskili Yona Tskili Yona. Tskili Yona. | |
[43:37] | He’s only a man… | 他是个人 |
[43:42] | not a monster. | 不是怪兽 |
[43:48] | Oftentimes, man is monster. | 人很多时候就是怪兽 |
[43:56] | – You knew he was a man? – Yes. | -你知道他是个人吗 -是的 |
[43:59] | He lived among us. He was once a great warrior. | 他曾生活在我们之中 是个伟大的战士 |
[44:03] | But no more? | 但不再是了 |
[44:04] | He harmed his woman one year ago. | 一年前他伤害了他的女人 |
[44:07] | He laid with her against her wishes. | 他违背她的意愿上了她 |
[44:10] | That is not our way, so he was banished, | 我们不赞同这样 所以他被放逐了 |
[44:14] | to live alone in the woods with no Cherokee. | 独自生活在没有彻罗基人的森林里 |
[44:18] | He did not accept this. | 他不肯接受 |
[44:20] | He returned to us again and again, | 他一次又一次地回到我们身边 |
[44:23] | but we would not see him. | 但我们不见他 |
[44:26] | So he went deep into the woods, | 所以他去了森林深处 |
[44:28] | and his mind was lost forever. | 他永远失去了理智 |
[44:32] | Took the form of a bear. | 他以熊的形式出现 |
[44:34] | He became Tskili. | 变得邪恶 |
[44:37] | He came to us again this year– | 今年他又来了 |
[44:39] | destroying shelters, stealing food, | 摧毁小屋 偷走食物 |
[44:41] | but we could not kill what was already dead to us. | 但我们没法杀死对我们来说已经死去的人 |
[44:47] | Now there will be no more trouble from him. | 现在他不会带来更多麻烦了 |
[44:52] | And from you? | 你们呢 |
[44:57] | Will there be trouble for me– for my family? | 我和我家人会有麻烦吗 |
[45:00] | Death follows white men | 死亡跟随着白人 |
[45:02] | like the Great Spirit follows AniYunwiya. | 就像大神跟随着卡尔马联盟 |
[45:05] | I’m not Tskili. | 我不邪恶 |
[45:07] | My family and I wish to live peacefully. | 我家人和我希望安居乐业 |
[45:14] | I give ye my word. | 我向你保证 |
[45:25] | Try to walk a bit every day. | 试着每天走走路 |
[45:27] | It’ll help keep your strength up. | 这会帮助你保持体力 |
[45:28] | I’ll do whatever you say, Mistress. | 我按你说的做 夫人 |
[45:30] | I owe you my life. | 我欠你一条命 |
[45:33] | We all do… | 我们都是 |
[45:35] | I didn’t wish for you to be digging a burying ground | 我不希望你们建好小屋之前 |
[45:37] | before building your cabin. | 先挖墓地 |
[45:40] | Ye’re welcome to remain wi’ us until ye’re well. | 你可以先跟我们待在一起 直到你痊愈 |
[45:54] | Our chief, Nawohali. | 我们的酋长诺瓦哈利 |
[46:03] | He prays that no more blood is spilled between us. | 他祈祷我们之间不要再有流血事件了 |
[46:11] | That is our wish as well. | 这也是我们的愿望 |
[46:20] | Yona dihi Yona dihi. | |
[46:25] | Yona dihi “Yona dihi”? | |
[46:32] | It means “Bear killer.” | 意思是”杀熊者” |
[46:36] | That is how you will be known to our people. | 我们的人将这样称呼你 |
[46:43] | “Bear killer”? | “杀熊者” |
[46:50] | Join us. | 来吧 |
[47:00] | – Please. – I’m Giduhwa. | -请吧 -我是吉杜瓦 |
[47:03] | This is my husband’s grandmother, Adawehi. | 这是我丈夫的祖母阿达维希 |
[47:07] | I’m Claire. | 我是克莱尔 |
[47:09] | She had a dream about you. | 她做过关于你的梦 |
[47:27] | The moon was in the water, | 月亮在水中 |
[47:30] | and you became a white raven. | 你变成了一只白乌鸦 |
[47:32] | You flew over the water and swallowed the moon. | 你飞过水面 吞下了月亮 |
[47:36] | The white raven flew back | 白乌鸦飞了回去 |
[47:39] | and laid an egg in the palm of her hand. | 在她手里下了个蛋 |
[47:41] | The egg split open, | 蛋裂开了 |
[47:44] | and there was a shining stone inside. | 里面有一块闪亮的石头 |
[47:46] | She knew this was great magic, | 她知道这是伟大的魔术 |
[47:49] | that the stone could heal sickness. | 石头能治愈疾病 |
[47:52] | She’s a healer. | 她是医生 |
[47:53] | A very powerful healer. | 非常强大的医生 |
[47:58] | My husband’s grandmother says that | 我丈夫的祖母说 |
[48:01] | you have medicine now, | 你现在有药物 |
[48:05] | but you will have more. | 但你会有更多 |
[48:07] | When your hair is white like snow, | 当你的头发如同白雪时 |
[48:10] | you will have wisdom beyond time. | 你将拥有超越时间的智慧 |
[48:19] | You must not be troubled. | 你千万别担心 |
[48:20] | Death is sent from the gods. | 死亡是上帝的意思 |
[48:25] | It will not be your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[48:32] | I’m not sure I understand. | 我不确定我明白了 |
[48:46] | Come. | 来吧 |
[49:02] | I think this is the last of them. | 我想这是最后一点了 |
[49:04] | Thanks for storing them for me. | 感谢你为我存着 |
[49:06] | What do you think? | 你怎么觉得 |
[49:10] | It’s very… | 这非常 |
[49:13] | aye… | 行 |
[49:18] | So, have you spoken to her? | 你跟她聊过了吗 |
[49:23] | For all of five minutes a week ago. | 一周前聊了五分钟 |
[49:26] | It’s a start. | 这是个开始 |
[49:31] | First time since…? | 这是头一回吗 自从… |
[49:33] | Since my proposal, aye. | 自从我求婚后 对 |
[49:40] | And? How did it go? | 你们聊得怎么样 |
[49:43] | Fine–no, I’m not sure if she was happy to hear from me | 还行 我不确定她高兴是因为接到我的电话 |
[49:47] | or if it was the news I’d found that her mother, | 还是我查到的关于她妈妈的消息 |
[49:52] | Took a trip and found a lost love of hers. | 她去旅行了 去寻找她失去的爱人 |
[49:58] | You mean when she went back in time to find Jamie Fraser? | 你是说她穿越回去寻找杰米·弗雷泽 |
[50:04] | Back in… | 穿越 |
[50:07] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[50:09] | These walls are no as thick as you think. | 这些墙没有你以为的那么厚 |
[50:11] | I heard ye in the study with Claire and Brianna, | 我听见你在书房和克莱尔还有布丽安娜 |
[50:14] | speaking of the legendary Highlander. | 聊到了传奇的高地人 |
[50:17] | Granny was a caller at the stones. | 祖母经常去石头那 |
[50:19] | She led the dances. | 她是领舞的 |
[50:22] | I ken all the stories of people disappearing. | 我知道人们消失的所有故事 |
[50:25] | So ye knew? All this time? | 所以你一直以来都知道 |
[50:29] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[50:33] | I suspected that it would | 我猜这会 |
[50:36] | take its toll on Brianna– | 对布丽安娜造成影响 |
[50:40] | parting from her mother. | 与她妈妈分离 |
[50:41] | Aye, she couldn’t stop worrying about whether Claire found him, | 是啊 她一直担心克莱尔是否会找到他 |
[50:44] | so I kept looking until I found some proof she had. | 所以我一直寻找 直到我找到了他们重逢的证据 |
[50:49] | Brianna must have been thrilled. | 布丽安娜肯定很激动 |
[50:51] | Aye, she was. | 是的 |
[50:53] | I thought it might be a new beginning, or… | 我觉得这也许是个新开始 或者 |
[50:57] | something, but then– | 有所意义 但是 |
[50:58] | Ye havena heard from her. | 你没有接到她的电话 |
[51:03] | At least she knows. | 至少她知道了 |
[51:09] | What? | 怎么了 |
[51:11] | I wasna sure if I should show you. | 我不确定我是否给你看了 |
[51:17] | Granny used to help the Reverend with his research. | 祖母曾帮助教士进行研究 |
[51:22] | I have some of her papers that | 我有一些她的文件 |
[51:26] | I came across when Ernie and I were unpacking. | 厄尼和我收拾行李时 我无意中发现了 |
[51:30] | – An obituary? – Aye. | -讣告 -是的 |
[51:34] | This… | 这个 |
[51:36] | “It is with grief that the news is received | 我满怀悲痛收到这条消息 |
[51:39] | “of The deaths by fire of James Mackenzie Fraser… | 詹姆斯·麦肯齐·弗雷泽及其妻子 |
[51:45] | “And his wife in a conflagration | 在火灾中丧生 |
[51:48] | ” that Destroyed the home | 大火毁掉了弗雷泽山脊殖民地 |
[51:51] | on the settlement of Fraser’s Ridge.” | 他们居住的房屋 |
[51:59] | The date’s smudged– | 日期模糊了 |
[52:01] | 21st of January, 1770-something. | 1月21日 177几年 |
[52:06] | They received the land in 1768. | 他们在1768年得到的土地 |
[52:08] | So that means some time in the next 12 years, | 这就意味着 在12年内 |
[52:13] | they die. | 他们去世了 |
[52:20] | For all we know, they died two years after | 说不定他们是在得到土地两年后 |
[52:22] | receiving their land. | 就去世的 |
[52:25] | They might not have lived to see it become America. | 他们可能没有活到看到那里变成美国 |
[52:29] | Brianna will be devastated. | 布丽安娜会伤心欲绝的 |
[52:36] | I can’t tell her. | 我不能告诉她 |
[52:39] | But shouldn’t she know the truth? | 但她不该知道真相吗 |
[52:41] | Her mother’s dead, Rog– | 她母亲去世了 罗杰 |
[52:43] | She’s been dead, Fi, | 她已经去世了 费 |
[52:45] | for over 200 years. | 去世超过200年了 |
[52:48] | Brianna knows that much. | 布丽安娜就知道这么多 |
[52:49] | This… | 这 |
[52:53] | This will just break her heart all over again. | 这会又让她心碎的 |
[52:58] | Aye. | 是 |
[53:01] | I supposed ye’re right. | 我想你说得对 |
[54:06] | What are you doing? | 你干什么 |
[54:08] | Carrying my wife over the threshold. | 抱着我妻子过门槛 |
[54:13] | And this’ll be the door, | 这里是门 |
[54:15] | lined with hides to keep out the cold. | 用兽皮做内衬御寒 |
[54:19] | Ah, and over here, | 那边 |
[54:21] | we’ll have a wee pantry and a hearth, | 我们做一个小储藏室和壁炉 |
[54:25] | where I’ll perform a hearth blessing. | 我会在这里做炉边祝福 |
[54:28] | Perhaps you should start sooner rather than later. | 也许你该早点开始 |
[54:31] | We need all the help we can get. | 我们需要所有帮助 |
[54:35] | We’ll build shelves for our books, | 我们要为我们的书建书架 |
[54:38] | have candles so we can read at night. | 摆上蜡烛 这样我们就可以在晚上看书 |
[54:41] | We could put a fine table in the middle | 我们可以在中间放一张精致的桌子 |
[54:46] | for our dinners. | 共进晚餐 |
[54:48] | And over there will be our bed… | 这边是我们的床 |
[54:52] | Facing east so we can watch every sunrise. | 朝东 这样我们就可以看每一次日出了 |
[55:01] | It’s perfect. | 太完美了 |
[55:43] | Hello? | 喂 |
[55:44] | Hello, this is Roger Wakefield. | 你好 我是罗杰·韦克菲尔德 |
[55:47] | may I speak with Brianna Randall? | 我能和布丽安娜·兰德尔聊聊吗 |
[55:49] | This is Gayle, her roommate. | 我是盖尔 她的室友 |
[55:53] | Is this…the Roger? | 你是那个罗杰吗 |
[55:58] | It is I. | 是我 |
[56:00] | Is she at home? | 她在家吗 |
[56:02] | No, no, she’s not. | 她不在 |
[56:05] | She didn’t tell you? | 她没告诉你吗 |
[56:07] | Tell me what? | 告诉我什么 |
[56:09] | She went to Scotland. | 她去苏格兰了 |
[56:12] | To Scotland? Why? | 去苏格兰 为什么 |
[56:14] | To visit her mother. | 去拜访她妈妈 |
[56:19] | How long ago? | 多久前 |
[56:20] | A couple of weeks ago. | 几周前 |
[56:22] | Thought you two would’ve seen each other by now. | 我还以为你俩已经见过面了 |
[56:28] | Roger? | 罗杰 |
[56:31] | Hello? | 喂 |
[56:34] | Thanks, Gayle. | 谢谢 盖尔 |
[56:35] | I’ll…try her again. | 我再问问 |