时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | We’ve chosen a name. Baby Klara. | 我们选了个名字 克莱尔宝宝 |
[00:15] | They are dead. | 她们都病死了 |
[00:16] | They got the measle and– | 她们得了麻疹 |
[00:18] | Measles traveled with you from Cross Creek. | 麻疹是你从横溪带来的 |
[00:20] | It spreads from person to person. | 它在人与人之间传播 |
[00:23] | Murtagh. | 穆塔夫 |
[00:25] | I have my forge here. | 我需要这里的锻铁炉 |
[00:26] | Will you return to Fraser’s Ridge with us? | 你愿意跟我们回弗雷泽山脊吗 |
[00:28] | We’ll work together. | 我们一起合作 |
[00:30] | I am Major John William Grey, the governor of this prison. | 我是约翰·威廉·格雷少校 这座监狱的狱长 |
[00:33] | I couldn’t give you freedom. | 我不能让你自由 |
[00:34] | This is the next best I could manage. | 这是我能做到的极限了 |
[00:36] | It’s called Helwater. | 那里叫赫尔沃特 |
[00:38] | Well, my wedding is in three days. | 我的婚礼三天后举行 |
[00:40] | I want my first time to be with someone like you. | 我要把第一次给你这样的人 |
[00:44] | My sister’s dead. | 我姐姐死了 |
[00:45] | Ellesmere knew the child wasn’t his. | 埃尔斯米尔知道孩子不是他的 |
[00:47] | We named him William. | 我们为他取名为威廉 |
[00:48] | Would you look out for Willie as his father? | 你能作为一个父亲的角色照顾威利吗 |
[02:57] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[03:00] | What the devil? | 怎么回事 |
[03:06] | Well, what are you doing in the backcountry? | 你来这穷乡僻壤做什么 |
[03:08] | Well, your letter painted such a beautiful picture of your land, | 你信里把这里写得很美 |
[03:10] | I was determined to see it with my own eyes. | 我决定亲眼来看看 |
[03:13] | And I have business in Virginia. | 正好我要来弗吉尼亚州办事 |
[03:17] | Virginia’s some way north, John. | 弗吉尼亚州在很远的北方 约翰 |
[03:21] | True. | 没错 |
[03:23] | Which is why I sent the men who accompanied us ahead | 所以我派随从先去伍拉姆溪 |
[03:25] | to Woolam’s Creek to make preparations for the onward journey. | 为接下来的旅程做准备 |
[03:32] | He’s here with me. | 他和我一起来了 |
[03:34] | He’s waiting by the stream. | 他在溪边等着 |
[03:37] | I thought I might have a word with you alone first | 去接他之前 我想先和你谈谈 |
[03:39] | before retrieving him, if possible. | 如果可以的话 |
[03:45] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[03:54] | Here. | 给 |
[03:56] | Christ. | 天啊 |
[04:00] | Pride goeth before a fall. | 骄傲使人失败 |
[04:02] | And a broken back. | 并且伤了背 |
[04:04] | Be thankful for the help while you have it. | 有人帮你就谢天谢地吧 |
[04:07] | Perhaps you should stay. | 或许你应该留下 |
[04:09] | You’ve barely had time to complain at all. | 你都没时间好好抱怨一下 |
[04:12] | And Jamie’s quite fond of you, I suppose. | 而且我猜杰米很喜欢你 |
[04:16] | Well, it’s a blessing to see ye as well, Claire. | 我也很高兴见到你 克莱尔 |
[04:20] | Having you here has really made Fraser’s Ridge feel like home. | 你待在这里让弗雷泽山脊感觉像个家 |
[04:25] | Are you sure you can’t stay? | 你确定你不想留下吗 |
[04:29] | I have the forge to run. | 我要管理锻造炉 |
[04:32] | If I’m to stay in North Carolina at all, | 如果我待在北卡罗来纳州 |
[04:35] | I’ll need to pay my taxes. | 我就得交税 |
[04:37] | And ye ken what that means. | 你知道那意味着什么 |
[04:40] | I do, unfortunately. | 很不幸 我知道 |
[04:43] | As we speak, two of our best men | 在我们谈话的同时 我们最得力的两个人 |
[04:46] | are presenting the governor with our petition for fewer taxes. | 正在向州长申请减税 |
[04:49] | Your regulator friends? | 你的监管者朋友吗 |
[04:52] | Help! | 救命 |
[04:54] | Get them off me! Ah. | 把它们弄下来 |
[04:59] | What is it, lad? | 怎么了 孩子 |
[05:02] | Oh, they’re just leeches. They won’t hurt you. | 它们只是水蛭 不会伤害你 |
[05:06] | Please, c-can you remove them at once? | 拜托了 你能立刻弄掉它们吗 |
[05:11] | They’re vile creatures. | 它们是恶劣的生物 |
[05:12] | Oh, they’re not so terribly vile. | 它们没那么恶劣 |
[05:14] | They have their uses. | 它们有用处 |
[05:16] | And if you can stand it, | 如果你能忍受的话 |
[05:17] | it’s better to wait until they drop off by themselves. | 最好等它们自己掉下来 |
[05:20] | I hate them, and I’d rather not wait. | 我讨厌它们 我不想等 |
[05:23] | If you please. | 请你弄掉 |
[05:25] | Very well, then. | 好吧 |
[05:26] | Murtagh, can you pass me a bucket? | 穆塔夫 桶给我 |
[05:29] | Don’t want to waste them. | 我不想浪费它们 |
[05:30] | They’re very effective… | 它们非常适合 |
[05:34] | in reducing the swelling of bruises. | 消除瘀伤肿胀 |
[05:36] | I want my father. | 我想见我父亲 |
[05:38] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[05:42] | I don’t know if he’ll remember you. | 我不知道他是否记得你 |
[05:51] | He was barely six when I left Helwater. | 我离开赫尔沃特时他还不到六岁 |
[05:56] | A lifetime ago. | 恍如隔世 |
[06:04] | Best he doesn’t remember. For his own sake. | 对他来说 不记得最好 |
[06:07] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[06:10] | By the by, he insists we call him William now. | 顺便说句 他坚持要我们叫他威廉 |
[06:16] | We would be honored if you were to stay a while. | 如果你们作为客人住一段时间 |
[06:18] | As guests. | 我们会很荣幸 |
[06:20] | That would be delightful. | 那就太好了 |
[06:25] | Is, uh, Isobel with you? | 伊泽贝尔和你一起来了吗 |
[06:30] | No. | 没有 |
[06:34] | Isobel has died. | 伊泽贝尔死了 |
[06:36] | On the ship between England and Jamaica. | 死在英格兰去牙买加的船上 |
[06:40] | She and William were coming to join me there, | 她和威廉去那里找我 |
[06:43] | and she took ill. | 她生病了 |
[06:45] | John, I… | 约翰 我 |
[06:49] | I’m sorry to hear it. | 我很遗憾听到这消息 |
[06:51] | How are you bearing up? | 你能承受住吗 |
[06:53] | As you’d expect. | 和你想的一样 |
[06:58] | It has been a trial. | 确实很难 |
[07:00] | For William, especially. He’s grief-stricken. | 尤其是对威廉来说 他极度悲痛 |
[07:06] | But I… | 但我 |
[07:10] | must keep my chin up for him. | 我必须为了他抬起头 |
[07:13] | She was such a kind soul. | 她是个非常好的人 |
[07:21] | And a wonderful mother to Willie. | 而且是威利的好妈妈 |
[07:25] | William. | 威廉 |
[07:29] | – Yes, she was. – Come along. | -确实 -来吧 |
[07:32] | We’ll see what we can do. | 我们看看怎么处理 |
[07:36] | Lord John. | 约翰大人 |
[07:38] | Mistress Fraser. | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[07:42] | Tis a pleasure to see you again. | 很高兴再次见到你 |
[07:44] | You know my father? | 你认识我父亲吗 |
[07:46] | I do. | 是的 |
[07:48] | The pleasure is mine. | 是我该高兴才对 |
[07:50] | A reunion indeed. | 真的都是故人啊 |
[07:52] | Mr. Fitzgibbons. | 菲茨吉本斯先生 |
[07:58] | Well, you appear well after all this time. | 你看起来一点也没变 |
[08:00] | Tis the mountain air, I expect. | 我猜是山里的空气好吧 |
[08:04] | I see you’ve made the acquaintance of our gracious hostess. | 看来你已经见到我们亲切的女主人了 |
[08:06] | Will you not also pay your compliments to our host? | 不跟男主人也问声好吗 |
[08:12] | I don’t believe I’ve been given your name, sir. | 我恐怕还不知道你的名字 先生 |
[08:14] | How impertinent of me. | 我真是无礼 |
[08:18] | May I present Mr. James Fraser. | 这位是詹姆斯·弗雷泽先生 |
[08:22] | Mr. Fraser, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. | 弗雷泽先生 很高兴认识你 |
[08:30] | Yours as well, Master William. | 我也是 威廉少爷 |
[08:35] | The young master encountered some leeches down at the stream. | 小少爷在溪流里被水蛭叮了 |
[08:40] | With your permission, | 您允许的话 |
[08:41] | I’d like to take him out to clean the wounds. | 我想带他出去清洁一下伤口 |
[08:44] | Yes, of course. | 好的 当然 |
[08:46] | Come along. | 来吧 |
[08:50] | William is unaware of the circumstances of how we three met. | 威廉还不知道我们三个是怎么认识的 |
[08:54] | I’d be grateful for your discretion in the matter. | 如果你能谨慎开口 我会很感激的 |
[08:58] | Aye. | 是 |
[08:59] | Wouldn’t want him to think you keep dishonorable company. | 可不能让他知道您还有我们这种下贱朋友 |
[09:02] | The past is the past. | 过去的已经过去了 |
[09:04] | Lord John is a trusted friend. | 约翰大人是位可信的朋友 |
[09:07] | His kindness helped to preserve your life. | 他发慈悲才留了你一条命 |
[09:11] | Aye. | 是 |
[09:13] | That it did. | 的确 |
[09:17] | I’ll say nothing of Ardsmuir to the lad. | 我不会对那孩子说阿德思穆尔的事 |
[09:19] | Thank you, Mr. Fitzgibbons. | 谢谢你 菲茨吉本斯先生 |
[09:25] | Did you sail into Wilmington? | 你们坐船去了威明顿吗 |
[09:27] | New Bern, sir. | 纽伯恩 先生 |
[09:28] | Governor Tryon was kind enough to offer us | 泰伦州长好心地让我们 |
[09:30] | respite at his new palace. | 在他的新宅邸歇脚 |
[09:31] | Ye ken the Governor, then? | 那你认识州长了 |
[09:33] | Yes, we met some years ago in London. | 是的 我们几年前在伦敦见过 |
[09:37] | We’re both members of the Society | 我们两人都是 |
[09:38] | for the Appreciation of the English Beefsteak. | 英式牛排鉴赏会的成员 |
[09:42] | It’s a gentleman’s club in London. | 那是间在伦敦的绅士俱乐部 |
[09:44] | Ian would love to hear of such a club. | 伊恩肯定会喜欢这间俱乐部的 |
[09:47] | – Your nephew? – Aye. | -你的侄子吗 -对 |
[09:48] | He’s out hunting with some of our Cherokee neighbors as we speak. | 他现在正在外面跟我们的几位切罗基邻居打猎呢 |
[09:51] | He lives with you here, then? | 那他和你们住了 |
[09:52] | I’m very sorry to find him absent. | 真遗憾他今天不在 |
[09:54] | The young man for whom you crossed an ocean. | 你可是为他远渡重洋了 |
[09:56] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[09:58] | The Governor’s built himself a palace, then? | 看来州长为自己造了座宅邸啊 |
[10:01] | Yes, when it is complete, it will stand as | 是的 等到完工 它会成为 |
[10:04] | a symbol to stability in the Province. | 这个州永恒的标志 |
[10:07] | A true monument to elegance. | 一座优雅的丰碑 |
[10:10] | Elegance? | 优雅吗 |
[10:13] | Where’s the money coming from? | 钱是从哪来的 |
[10:16] | A rather untimely investment, perhaps. | 这或许是不太合宜的投资吧 |
[10:21] | Well, given the debts of the Province due to the recent war. | 鉴于州里刚因为战争欠下了债务 |
[10:25] | I believe the Governor has asked the Assembly | 我相信州长是请州众议院 |
[10:27] | to allocate funds. | 安排的资金 |
[10:28] | Though it appears some here in the backcountry | 虽然看起来这里的一些偏僻地区 |
[10:31] | are rallying against the taxes levied to build it. | 正在反对为修建宅邸征的税 |
[10:33] | Because the taxes are excessive. | 因为税负太重了 |
[10:35] | And rising. | 还在继续增加 |
[10:37] | No doubt they feel a palace or a monument | 怪不得他们觉得一座宅邸 或者说丰碑 |
[10:40] | is not the best use of their hard-earned coin. | 不算是善用他们的血汗钱了 |
[10:42] | They? | “他们”吗 |
[10:44] | By they I suppose you mean the mob, | 我猜你的意思是那些暴徒吧 |
[10:45] | for that is what they inevitably turn out to be. | 毕竟似乎也没别的名字适合他们了 |
[10:48] | And take these “Regulators” For instance. | 比如那些”监管者”们 |
[10:50] | By all accounts, they’re unreasonable and dangerous. | 大家都说他们蛮横又危险 |
[10:53] | A menace to the backcountry | 威胁着偏僻地区 |
[10:55] | and given to causing disruption by means of riot. | 也喜欢借着暴乱来搞破坏 |
[10:58] | Have you encountered anything of the kind here? | 你们在这里遇到了那些人吗 |
[11:04] | There is the backcountry, John, | 这里都不算偏僻地区了 约翰 |
[11:07] | and there is the wilderness. | 这里是荒野 |
[11:08] | Not likely to have that sort of trouble here at Fraser’s Ridge. | 弗雷泽山脊不太会有这些麻烦 |
[11:12] | By all accounts, it’s the Governor himself | 大家都说 真正蛮横与危险的 |
[11:16] | who’s unreasonable and dangerous. | 是州长本人 |
[11:25] | Those Regulators tied a sheriff to his horse | 那些监管者们把一位治安官绑在马背上 |
[11:27] | and marched with his beaten body | 带着他遍体鳞伤的尸体 |
[11:29] | through the streets of Hillsborough. | 在希尔斯堡游街 |
[11:30] | There were women and children present. | 还有妇女和小孩在场 |
[11:33] | Would you call that reasonable? | 你叫那讲理吗 |
[11:34] | Exaggeration and falsehood. | 全是夸张和谎言 |
[11:37] | I’m told there were many witnesses. | 我可听说有很多目击者 |
[11:43] | Have you not faired well in the New World? | 你在新世界里还过得不够好吗 |
[11:46] | Oh, aye. | 很好 |
[11:49] | I have more than rats to eat now, my Lord. | 我现在可不用再吃老鼠了 大人 |
[11:52] | You’ve eaten rats, sir? | 你吃过老鼠吗 先生 |
[11:53] | Mr. Fitzgibbons has a very peculiar sense of humor. | 菲茨吉本斯先生有种独特的幽默感 |
[11:58] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[11:59] | Aye. | 没错 |
[12:03] | Thank ye for dinner. | 谢谢你们的晚餐 |
[12:07] | A pleasant evening indeed. | 真的很愉快 |
[12:20] | Can I interest you in a game of chess? | 你有兴趣下一局象棋吗 |
[12:25] | I’m afraid I dinna have a chess set. | 恐怕我这没有棋盘 |
[12:27] | Fortunately for you, I brought mine. | 算你走运 我这里有 |
[12:29] | I’d never travel without it. | 我走到哪里都会带着 |
[12:31] | May I be excused? | 我可以离开了吗 |
[12:34] | Well, there’s a privy just behind the cabin, Master William. | 厕所就在小屋后面 威廉少爷 |
[12:38] | Outside? Won’t someone fetch a chamber pot? | 在外面 没人端尿壶来吗 |
[12:43] | You must become accustomed to using the privy | 现在我们是弗雷泽山脊的客人 |
[12:45] | while we’re guests here at Fraser’s Ridge. | 你必须要习惯用厕所 |
[12:47] | Yes, Papa. | 是 父亲 |
[12:50] | I’ll show ye where it is. | 我带你去 |
[13:04] | Mac? | 麦肯 |
[13:06] | Is your name not MacKenzie? | 你的名字不会是麦肯齐吧 |
[13:11] | Aye. | 是的 |
[13:14] | MacKenzie’s one of my given names. | 麦肯齐是我的名字之一 |
[13:16] | Then you are the groom at this estate? | 你是这里的马夫吗 |
[13:21] | No. | 不 |
[13:24] | No, Fraser’s Ridge is my land. | 不 弗雷泽山脊是我的领地 |
[13:26] | But I tend to the horses, along with everything else. | 但我也照看马 还有其他一切 |
[13:32] | Do you remember me? | 你还记得我吗 |
[13:38] | Fondly. | 一点没忘 |
[13:40] | Then why did you not remind me of our acquaintanceship | 那我们相互介绍的时候 你为什么 |
[13:43] | when we were introduced? | 不提我们认识的事 |
[13:53] | I dinna ken. | 当时我不知道 |
[13:58] | Do you still have the wooden snake I carved for ye? | 我给你刻的木蛇你还留着吗 |
[14:04] | I-I’m too old for toys, sir. | 我已经不是小孩了 先生 |
[14:23] | Where is Isobel’s estate? | 伊泽贝尔的庄园在哪 |
[14:26] | Lynchburg. | 林奇堡 |
[14:27] | That’s, uh, Virginia, isn’t it? | 那是在 弗吉尼亚州 对吗 |
[14:33] | Indeed it is. | 没错 |
[14:36] | However, after I received a letter from Jamie with news | 但是 收到杰米从北卡罗来纳州 |
[14:40] | of the land grant in North Carolina, | 关于政府增地的来信后 |
[14:42] | I thought it wise to seek a trusted friend’s counsel | 我觉得来问问老朋友 |
[14:45] | on the particulars of life in the Colonies. | 关于殖民地生活的意见是个明智的选择 |
[14:48] | Counsel for you, or for the Governor? | 是你想问 还是政府 |
[14:51] | Beg your pardon? | 什么 |
[14:54] | The Governor has sent you to ensure Jamie’s loyalty. | 政府派你来监视杰米是否忠诚 |
[14:59] | Well, he’s already given Tryon his word. | 他已经向泰伦做了保证 |
[15:04] | Perhaps I’ve had too much wine, but it, uh… | 可能是我喝多了头晕 但是 |
[15:07] | Well, it sounded as though you’re suggesting | 听起来你好像在暗示 |
[15:09] | I’m here to spy upon him? | 我是来监视他的 |
[15:11] | Are you? | 那你是吗 |
[15:20] | If our stay here is proving burdensome, | 如果我们做客此处有何不便 |
[15:23] | you’ve only to say the word. | 您一句话我们立刻就走 |
[15:25] | No, it’s no burden at all. | 不 没什么不便 |
[15:28] | I just wish I had time to make appropriate sleeping arrangements | 我只遗憾没来得及为您和少爷 |
[15:30] | for you and the young master. | 将住处安排得更妥帖 |
[15:41] | It’s hardly surprising he remembers you. | 他记得你也并不奇怪 |
[15:43] | When the lad said my name… | 那孩子念出我的名字时 |
[15:47] | My heart raced. | 我的心跳都加速了 |
[15:50] | I wanted to swing him through the air as I did | 我想像以前一样推他玩秋千 |
[15:51] | when he was a wee lad. | 像他小时候一样 |
[15:56] | Not so wee anymore. | 虽然他现在也不小了 |
[15:58] | Lad’s sprouted, but he’s still got that same cock to his head. | 他是长大了 但还是和小时候一样傲 |
[16:04] | Familiar fire in his eyes. | 和一样火热的眼神 |
[16:08] | He is very handsome. | 他长得很清秀 |
[16:13] | Aye. | 是 |
[16:19] | When the lad was near three, | 孩子快三岁时 |
[16:21] | Lord Dunsany brought him to the stables for his first ride. | 邓萨尼大人第一次带他去马厩 |
[16:27] | He was terrified. | 他很害怕 |
[16:29] | Kept screaming his favorite word at the time–mo. | 一直在喊他当时最喜欢的词 莫 |
[16:33] | Mo. | 莫 |
[16:34] | Mo? | 莫是什么意思 |
[16:36] | Otherwise known as no. | 就是不 |
[16:39] | But after I put the lad on my shoulders | 但我把手放在他肩上 |
[16:41] | and let him speak with the horse eye to eye, | 让他和马儿认真地对话 |
[16:48] | Willie embraced him. | 威利接受了他 |
[16:52] | We couldn’t keep him away after that. | 之后就是想拉都拉不开他了 |
[16:55] | Even had his own way of brushing the horses | 他甚至还会用孩子用的毛刷 |
[16:57] | with short wee flicks. | 为马刷毛 |
[16:59] | He obviously learned that from watching you. | 肯定是跟你学的 |
[17:03] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[17:07] | His voice. | 他的声音 |
[17:10] | When he asked if I was the groom… | 当他问我是不是马夫时 |
[17:16] | It was the memory of a stranger. | 那似乎都是陌生人的回忆了 |
[17:21] | He just needs to get to know you again. | 过一段时间你们就又熟了 |
[17:27] | Aye. | 是 |
[17:29] | Come here. | 来 |
[17:40] | You know, I’ve been dreaming of a moment alone with you for weeks. | 我都梦想着和你单独待一会儿好几周了 |
[17:56] | Isn’t our guest waiting for you? | 客人不是还在等着你吗 |
[18:00] | Suppose he is. | 应该是 |
[18:07] | Go. | 去吧 |
[18:09] | Enjoy your game. | 好好下棋 |
[18:12] | But as soon as our guests leave, | 但是你的客人一走 |
[18:16] | I’ll be expecting your full attention. | 你就都是我的了 |
[18:30] | Save some for the rest of us, will ye? | 给我们也留点行吗 |
[18:33] | So ye continued yer acquaintanceship | 所以在阿德思穆尔监狱后 |
[18:36] | with the warden after Ardsmuir, then? | 你和监狱长并没断了联系 |
[18:38] | Aye. | 是 |
[18:40] | He saw to my parole. | 他帮忙保释了我 |
[18:41] | Grey’s sympathies lie with Tryon. | 格雷很同情泰伦 |
[18:46] | And with his dishonest sheriffs and tax collectors. | 还有他不诚实的治安官和收税员们 |
[18:48] | Yet my sympathies lie with the rats ye’ll be dining on | 但我最同情的 是如果你们不小心 |
[18:52] | once again when ye’re imprisoned for taking the law | 再违法被抓起来 |
[18:55] | into your own hands if ye’re not careful. | 又要吃掉的那些老鼠 |
[18:57] | And we’re to stand by and watch a man build a palace | 我们就这样看着他建造宅邸 |
[19:01] | while others are left wanting? | 而其他人只有想的份 |
[19:04] | I spoke with the Governor. | 我跟州长聊过了 |
[19:06] | He wishes to address the matter and put an end to these complaints. | 他想解决问题 结束这些抱怨 |
[19:11] | So he can carry on building his monument to elegance. | 好继续完善他的丰碑 |
[19:16] | And your guest keeps company with men like Tryon. | 你的客人与泰伦这种人结交 |
[19:21] | The Governor has no reason to keep secrets from Grey. | 州长没什么需要瞒着格雷的 |
[19:26] | Talk to him. | 去跟他聊聊 |
[19:28] | Find out what he knows. | 看看他知道些什么 |
[19:33] | I’ll no take advantage of my friendship. | 我不会利用友谊 |
[19:35] | Friendship? | 友谊 |
[19:42] | With an English redcoat? | 他可是个英格兰兵 |
[19:45] | Redcoat or not… | 不管是不是 |
[19:48] | Willie needs him. | 威利还需要他 |
[19:50] | And what is it that concerns you so about a lad you barely ken? | 你到底为什么这么在乎一个刚认识的孩子 |
[19:57] | Willie has lost two mothers. | 威利失去了两个母亲 |
[20:01] | John Grey is all he has left. | 约翰·格雷是他仅剩的亲人了 |
[20:03] | And how does that make the lad your responsibility? | 那你有什么立场要对这个孩子负责呢 |
[20:10] | He… | 他 |
[20:21] | He’s yours, isn’t he? | 他是你的孩子 是吗 |
[20:30] | Ye must keep this to yerself. | 你绝对不能告诉别人 |
[20:33] | Ye ken that the reputation of Lord William Ransom, | 我想你很清楚 威廉·兰森大人 |
[20:36] | ninth Earl of Ellesmere would be ruined. | 埃尔斯米尔伯爵九世的名声会被毁掉 |
[20:41] | He’d lose all he has if anyone were to find out. | 如果被人发现 他会失去现有的一切 |
[20:47] | Don’t worry about me keeping yer secrets. | 不用担心我会泄露你的秘密 |
[20:52] | I’ve kept them, each and every one. | 对你的每个秘密 我都会守口如瓶 |
[20:57] | Does Claire know? | 克莱尔知道吗 |
[20:59] | Aye. | 知道 |
[21:04] | When ye find the time, | 等你觉得时机成熟了 |
[21:06] | perhaps ye can tell me about his mother. | 或许你可以跟我说说他母亲的事 |
[21:08] | Unless that’s a secret as well. | 除非那也是个秘密 |
[21:22] | You sure you want to make that move? | 你确定要走那一步吗 |
[21:25] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:27] | Damn. | 该死 |
[21:34] | Damn. | 喝这个 |
[21:42] | Try a wee drop of this. | 尝一口这个 |
[21:55] | You’re meant to drink it, John, | 这个是用来喝的 约翰 |
[21:58] | not savor the scent. | 不是用来闻味道的 |
[22:11] | Let me guess. It’s meant to be whisky? | 我来猜猜 这是威士忌吗 |
[22:13] | After it ages a bit, it might be. | 再多放几年 或许会是威士忌 |
[22:16] | Well, will you redeem your honor with another game? | 你想跟我再下一局来扳回一城吗 |
[22:19] | Ah, aye. | 当然 |
[22:20] | You can hardly expect the same trick to work twice, after all. | 你总不会以为能用同样的伎俩让我输两次吧 |
[22:37] | Do you feel yourself content? | 你满意现在的生活吗 |
[22:42] | I have all that a man could want. | 该有的我都有了 |
[22:46] | Home. Honorable work. | 有家 有体面的工作 |
[22:50] | My wife by my side. | 妻子常伴身侧 |
[22:56] | Good friends. | 也不缺好友 |
[22:59] | And the knowledge | 并且知道 |
[23:01] | that my son is safe and well cared for. | 我的儿子安然无恙 被照顾得很好 |
[23:06] | I want no more. | 我不奢求更多了 |
[23:22] | Mistress Fraser, | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[23:24] | your hospitality these past few days | 十分感谢这几天以来 |
[23:25] | has been greatly appreciated. | 您的盛情款待 |
[23:28] | I’ll, uh, escort you to the road that’ll have you | 我送送你们 带你们到 |
[23:31] | on your way to Virginia. | 前往弗吉尼亚的路 |
[23:33] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我觉得不妥 |
[23:35] | You’re burning up. | 你烧得厉害 |
[23:39] | There’s a measles epidemic in Cross Creek. | 横溪那边麻疹正在肆虐 |
[23:41] | Did you travel through there? | 你去过那边吗 |
[23:43] | Yes. | 去过 |
[23:44] | Have I got the measles? | 我得麻疹了吗 |
[23:46] | If so, you must keep William away. | 如果是这样 一定让威廉离我远点 |
[23:48] | Open your mouth. | 嘴巴张开 |
[23:55] | How long have you been feeling ill? | 你什么时候开始觉得不舒服的 |
[23:57] | I felt somewhat lightheaded when I retired last night. | 昨晚睡前我觉得有些头晕 |
[24:01] | I awoke with a bad headache, but I thought it a consequence | 早晨起来头很痛 但我以为是因为昨天 |
[24:05] | – of Jamie’s so-called whisky. – Yeah. | -喝了杰米的”威士忌” -是的 |
[24:07] | Well, I’ll put some willow bark to steep. | 我去煮一些柳树皮 |
[24:10] | – That will help with the headache. – Aye. | -可以缓解你的头痛 -好的 |
[24:11] | But you need to rest. | 但你需要休息 |
[24:21] | He’s very infectious. | 他现在传染性极高 |
[24:23] | Thank God you had measles as a child. | 谢天谢地你小时候得过麻疹了 |
[24:27] | Murtagh, as well. It willna infect us? | 穆塔夫也得过 病不会传染给我们吗 |
[24:30] | No, nor me, either. | 不 我也不会被传染 |
[24:32] | I’ve been inoculated. | 我接种过疫苗 |
[24:35] | But William may have been exposed to the same source | 但威廉或许也跟约翰大人一样 |
[24:37] | as Lord John and just not shown signs of it yet. | 接触过传染源 只是还没出现病症而已 |
[24:41] | Pass me the pot. | 把锅递给我 |
[24:48] | I’ll have Murtagh stay here with me. | 我会让穆塔夫跟我一起留在这里 |
[24:51] | But you’d better sleep outside with William. | 但你最好陪威廉睡在外面 |
[24:53] | You’d better stay away for at least six days. | 你们至少接下来六天都不要接近这里 |
[24:56] | Hopefully by then, John will be well on his way to recovery. | 希望到时候 约翰能慢慢开始康复了 |
[25:02] | Or… | 否则 |
[25:10] | I’ll take the lad for a tour. Show him Fraser’s Ridge. | 我带孩子去转转 带他看看弗雷泽山脊 |
[25:19] | I’ll look after him. | 我会照顾好他的 |
[25:23] | Master William. | 威廉少爷 |
[25:27] | William, mount up? | 威廉 上马 |
[25:30] | I’m not leaving. | 我不走 |
[25:36] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[25:38] | Here, no, no. Come–Don’t kick. | 不 别这样 不要踢人 |
[25:43] | It’s ill-mannered. | 这样很不礼貌 |
[25:44] | Now get up. | 上马 |
[25:49] | It’s very loyal of ye to want to stay with your father, | 你想待在这边陪你父亲 说明你对他很忠诚 |
[25:52] | but ye canna help him. | 但你帮不了他 |
[25:56] | You may do yourself harm by staying. | 留下了反而会害了你 |
[26:00] | And don’t try it. | 别想着下马 |
[26:02] | I dinna want to tie your feet to the stirrups, but I will. | 我不想把你的脚绑在马镫上 别逼我 |
[26:06] | Make no mistake. | 别犯傻 |
[26:10] | You, sir, are a lout. | 先生 您真是个粗人 |
[26:21] | Ye still have a way with horses. | 看来你还是很擅长骑马 |
[26:26] | Ye see these initials? | 看到树上刻的字母了吗 |
[26:31] | You’ll find similar markings all along this area. | 沿着这片区域走 你会发现其他类似的记号 |
[26:35] | They serve as a Treaty Line between Indian land | 这些记号算是印第安人跟英格兰的协议上 |
[26:37] | and the King’s land. | 划定的各自的领地 |
[26:39] | Ye must always stay on this side of the marked trees. | 你必须待在有记号的树的这一边 |
[26:45] | Why are the savages permitted to remain on the land? | 为什么要留给那些野蛮人自己的领地 |
[26:48] | Well, they were here first. | 他们先到了这片大陆 |
[26:50] | The Crown has already taken most of it from them. | 英格兰已经夺走了他们大部分的土地 |
[26:54] | The Indians respect the King’s land, | 印第安人不侵犯英方的领地 |
[26:58] | and we must respect theirs. | 我们也不能侵犯他们的 |
[27:00] | These Indians, they are agreeable? | 那些印第安人 他们通情理吗 |
[27:04] | Ah, some. | 有些是的 |
[27:06] | But they can be fierce when provoked. | 但如果被激怒了 他们会很野蛮 |
[27:22] | Have you ever seen such a glorious thing before, sir? | 你以前看过这么壮丽的风景吗 |
[27:27] | Never. | 从没看过 |
[27:44] | Get you some tea. | 来喝点茶吧 |
[27:46] | I’m most grateful mistress Fraser. | 真的非常感谢你 弗雷泽夫人 |
[27:49] | Claire. | 叫我克莱尔就好 |
[27:53] | Isobel truly believed a cup of tea could cure any ill. | 伊泽贝尔总是坚信茶能治百病 |
[28:01] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[28:03] | I had meant to offer you my condolences on the loss | 我一直想表达哀悼之情 你失去了 |
[28:06] | of your wife. | 自己的妻子 |
[28:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:12] | Yeah, we had known each other all our lives. | 是的 我们相识了一辈子 |
[28:15] | She might as well have been my sister. | 她可能也是我的姐妹 |
[28:19] | She satisfied with that? | 她满意吗 |
[28:22] | To be your sister? | 做你的姐妹 |
[28:27] | You cannot be at all a comfortable woman to live with. | 没人能与你这样的女人和谐共处吧 |
[28:31] | I believe she was satisfied with the life she lived. | 我相信她满意自己曾经的生活状况 |
[28:36] | She never said that she was not. | 她从没说过不满意 |
[28:40] | I was an adequate husband to her. | 我也是个称职的丈夫 |
[28:42] | In all ways. | 各个方面 |
[28:44] | That’s not for me to judge. | 那轮不到我来评判 |
[28:46] | But you don’t approve, because if you did, | 但你不赞同 因为如果你赞同 |
[28:50] | you could not keep thinking of me as you choose to. | 你就不会一直按你的意见来看待我 |
[28:52] | You shouldn’t presume to know what I think. | 你不该假设我在想什么 |
[28:56] | You’re envious of the time Jamie and I shared together | 你嫉妒我与杰米共度的那段日子 |
[28:59] | and with William. | 还有威廉 |
[29:03] | You’re envious of the fact that I’m raising Jamie’s son. | 你嫉妒我在养杰米的孩子 |
[29:08] | Are you not? | 不是吗 |
[29:14] | We have a daughter. | 我们有个女儿 |
[29:17] | Her name is Brianna. | 她叫布丽安娜 |
[29:21] | She’s grown up now. | 她现在已经长大了 |
[29:24] | She lives in Boston. | 她住在波士顿 |
[29:29] | But we were robbed of the opportunity to raise her together | 但我们失去了一起抚养她的机会 |
[29:34] | because of Culloden. | 都是因为克罗登之战 |
[29:38] | I meant no offense. | 我没别的意思 |
[29:40] | No, but you did mean to imply that you and Jamie | 没错 但你的确想暗示你和杰米 |
[29:45] | have something together that we did not. | 拥有我们俩不曾拥有的时光 |
[29:51] | Perhaps you’re right about that. | 或许你说的对 |
[29:55] | Let me ask you, what if your son | 我问你 如果你的儿子 |
[30:00] | takes a good look at Jamie’s face and sees his own? | 认真看着杰米的脸 觉得非常相像怎么办 |
[30:04] | If he did learn that he’d been lied to his entire life, | 如果他发现自己被人骗了一辈子 |
[30:09] | he’d be devastated. | 他会非常绝望的 |
[30:11] | So I can’t for the life of me understand your motivation | 所以我没办法理解你来到这里的 |
[30:16] | for coming here. | 动机 |
[30:18] | The obvious. | 很明显 |
[30:22] | To allow Jamie to see the boy. | 为了让杰米能看到孩子 |
[30:25] | Or the other obvious. | 或是另一个明显原因 |
[30:29] | To allow you to see Jamie. | 让你能见到杰米 |
[30:40] | You are a rather remarkable woman. | 你是个了不起的女人 |
[30:45] | In what way? | 在什么方面 |
[30:47] | You are neither circumspect nor circuitous. | 你既不谨慎也不迂回 |
[30:52] | I don’t believe I’ve ever met anyone so | 我真的没有见过比你 |
[30:56] | devastatingly straightforward, | 还要直接的人 |
[30:59] | male or female. | 不管是男是女 |
[31:03] | Well, it’s not by choice. | 这不是我能选的 |
[31:05] | I was born that way. | 我生来如此 |
[31:24] | So was I. | 我也是 |
[31:35] | I don’t understand why they’re not taking the bait. | 我不明白它们为什么不上钩 |
[31:39] | Because that’s a fly. | 因为那是苍蝇 |
[31:43] | Yes, one of the very best. | 没错 最好的一种饵 |
[31:46] | Aye. | 是的 |
[31:48] | But it’s the wrong time of year. | 但是时候不对 |
[31:51] | The fish are wise enough to ken flies are no here. | 鱼足够聪明 知道现在没有苍蝇 |
[31:56] | Try a worm. | 用虫子试试吧 |
[31:58] | I don’t use worms, sir. | 我不用虫子 先生 |
[31:59] | Ye did when ye were younger. | 你小时候是会用的 |
[32:01] | D’ye not recall? | 不记得了吗 |
[32:06] | After heavy rains at Helwater, we’d gather the wee beasties. | 赫尔沃特下完大雨 我们一起去收集小虫子 |
[32:11] | I do remember some such thing. | 我的确记得 |
[32:14] | But I prefer fishing with a fly. | 但我更愿意用苍蝇做饵 |
[32:24] | The Indians dinna bother with line and hook. | 印第安人不用鱼线和鱼钩 |
[32:29] | Sometimes they–they place branches to stop the fish | 有时候他们直接用树枝阻挡鱼类 |
[32:33] | from crossing. | 游过去 |
[32:35] | Then they stand with sharp sticks, spearing them. | 然后用锋利的树枝直接插住鱼 |
[32:49] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[32:54] | Catching our dinner. | 抓晚饭 |
[32:58] | Highlanders can catch fish with | 高地人徒手胳肢 |
[33:02] | bare hands and a tickle. | 就可以抓到鱼 |
[33:05] | A tickle? | 胳肢 |
[33:06] | Please, sir, I’m not a child. | 拜托 先生 我不是小孩子 |
[33:19] | There. | 抓到了 |
[33:20] | Ah, yeah. | 没错 |
[33:22] | Now, we’ll have to make camp for the night. | 现在我们要扎营供夜晚休息 |
[33:25] | Rise before dawn to find the best deer. | 黎明前起床 去找最好的鹿 |
[33:30] | Are we to hunt deer? | 我们要去猎鹿吗 |
[33:48] | Stand down, William. | 别开枪 威廉 |
[33:55] | It was clearly a stag. | 明显是头牧鹿 |
[33:57] | Now you’ve let it get away. | 现在你把它放跑了 |
[33:59] | The distance was too great for a rifle. | 这个距离来复枪打不中 |
[34:02] | I could have injured it. | 我可能会打伤它 |
[34:04] | Aye, and made it suffer. | 对 让它很痛苦 |
[34:07] | Ye shoot to kill. | 要一击必杀 |
[34:08] | Ye ken how to deliver a fatal shot? | 知道怎么瞄准关键部位吗 |
[34:11] | Yes, sir. | 知道 先生 |
[34:13] | A-Aim for the heart. | 瞄准心脏 |
[34:22] | There. | 那里 |
[34:25] | Easy. | 别紧张 |
[34:28] | Easy. | 别紧张 |
[34:30] | Take aim. | 瞄准 |
[34:43] | Well done, lad. | 漂亮 小伙子 |
[34:44] | Tha- thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[34:49] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[34:52] | I-I’m allowing you time to dress the deer. | 我给你时间处理鹿肉 |
[34:54] | Yer servants may have dressed the game at home, | 你的仆人们可能习惯这样服侍你了 |
[34:57] | but here in the New World, we’re no hunting for sport. | 但在新世界 我们不会以捕猎作为消遣乐趣 |
[35:01] | Ye dinna prepare the gralloch, ye dinna eat. | 你不自己处理 你就没得吃 |
[35:03] | Come here. | 过来 |
[35:04] | You begin here. | 从这里开始 |
[35:07] | Angle your knife up like this, then cut down the middle. | 从这个角度捅进去 然后从中间切开 |
[35:10] | And be sure to pull the meat away from the offal as ye cut it. | 切的时候一定要把肉和内脏分开 |
[35:14] | Mistress Fraser will be upset if you damage the intestines. | 不然弗雷泽夫人会生气的 如果弄坏了内脏 |
[35:17] | She uses them for healing. | 她用这东西来治疗 |
[35:19] | And I need a new bow string. | 我也需要一根新弓弦 |
[35:26] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[35:32] | Mebbe ye’re not quite old enough. | 也许你还不够大 |
[35:43] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[35:54] | Good lad. | 好小伙 |
[35:59] | How’s the liver? | 肝怎么样 |
[36:01] | Delicious, sir. | 很好吃 先生 |
[36:03] | Aye. | 嗯 |
[36:04] | Yeah, my dad always said it tastes better | 我父亲总是说自己猎来的食物 |
[36:08] | when you’ve earned every bite. | 更好吃 |
[36:18] | Willie? | 威利 |
[36:24] | Master William? | 威廉少爷 |
[36:25] | Yes? | 怎么了 |
[36:28] | Do you feel unwell? | 你觉得不舒服吗 |
[36:32] | Are ye warm or feverish? | 你发热或者发烧吗 |
[36:35] | I’m quite well, sir. | 我很好 先生 |
[36:42] | Those dried apples no sit well? | 那些苹果干不好吃吗 |
[36:47] | I have a potion that will | 我有一服药剂 |
[36:50] | cure ills of the stomach. | 可以治胃疼 |
[36:54] | It’ll no take long to brew. | 煮药剂不会花太长时间 |
[37:01] | Claire made it. | 这是克莱尔做的 |
[37:03] | She’s a fine healer. | 她是出色的医生 |
[37:07] | She said Papa would live. | 她说父亲会活下去 |
[37:08] | She–She gave me her word. | 她跟我保证过了 |
[37:13] | Then you may depend upon it. | 那你就放心吧 |
[37:14] | I’ve had enough of sleeping under the stars as savages do. | 我受够了像野蛮人一样睡在露天 |
[37:19] | I want to go home. | 我想回家 |
[37:23] | Dinna fash, my Lord. | 别担心 少爷 |
[37:25] | We’ll begin our journey home in the morning. | 我们明早就回家 |
[37:27] | I–I want to see my papa now. | 我现在就想见我父亲 |
[37:31] | It’s too dark. | 太黑了 |
[37:34] | This is all your fault. | 这全是你的错 |
[37:36] | If my papa hadn’t come to visit you, | 如果我父亲没来拜访你 |
[37:38] | he never would have fallen ill. | 他就不会生病 |
[37:42] | And… | 还有 |
[37:45] | Now he’s going to die. | 他现在要病死了 |
[38:57] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[38:59] | Oh, God. My head will surely split. | 天啊 我的头肯定要裂开了 |
[39:07] | Here, let me try some acupressure. | 来 让我试试指压疗法 |
[39:12] | See if it won’t ease the pain. | 看看它是否会缓解疼痛 |
[39:18] | That’s it. | 这就对了 |
[39:32] | Am I to die today? | 我今天会死吗 |
[39:39] | Your temperature’s very high. | 你体温很高 |
[39:43] | We need to bring it down. | 我们得给你降温 |
[39:50] | I need to make a confession. | 我得坦白 |
[39:54] | When I heard that Isobel had died… | 当我听说伊泽贝尔去世时 |
[39:59] | I felt nothing. | 我毫无感觉 |
[40:05] | We shared a life. | 我们一起生活过 |
[40:08] | I should have felt something. | 我本该难过的 |
[40:13] | But I didn’t. | 但我没有 |
[40:16] | Just relax. | 放松吧 |
[40:18] | You asked me why I came here. | 你问我为什么来 |
[40:24] | I came to see whether I can still feel. | 我是来看看我是否还能感觉的 |
[40:32] | Whether it is my feelings that have died… | 是我的感情死了 |
[40:36] | Or only Isobel. | 还是我只对伊泽贝尔没感情 |
[40:45] | And? | 结果呢 |
[40:46] | I can still feel shame, at least. | 至少我还能觉得羞愧 |
[40:56] | Oh, it’s hard. | 这很难 |
[40:58] | It’s hard watching you with him. | 看着你和他在一起很难 |
[41:15] | Why torture yourself? | 为什么折磨自己 |
[41:18] | Surely you knew coming here that you could never have him. | 你当然知道到这儿来是永远得不到他的 |
[41:23] | I could have had him. | 我本可以得到他的 |
[41:29] | What? | 什么 |
[41:30] | In exchange for my commitment to serve as William’s father… | 作为对我承诺当威廉父亲的回报 |
[41:36] | Jamie offered himself to me. | 杰米主动向我献身 |
[41:41] | Of course I refused. | 我当然拒绝了 |
[41:44] | I would never take him on those terms. | 我决不会那样得到他 |
[41:53] | You should stop talking. | 你应该别说话了 |
[41:57] | You need your rest. | 你需要休息 |
[42:22] | Willie? | 威利 |
[42:32] | William! | 威廉 |
[43:14] | William? | 威廉 |
[43:16] | Look what I found. | 瞧瞧我找到了什么 |
[43:20] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不该来这里 |
[43:23] | It’s to break our fast. | 这是为了吃早饭 |
[43:25] | I thought I told you– | 我记得我告诉过你 |
[43:26] | Savages. | 野蛮人 |
[43:29] | Stay calm. | 保持冷静 |
[44:11] | The boy took fish from the place of the Cherokee. | 这孩子从切罗基人的地盘上拿走了鱼 |
[44:16] | He must pay with his blood. | 他必须用血偿还 |
[44:19] | No, no, no! | 不 不 |
[44:22] | The boy is my son! His blood is my blood. | 这孩子是我儿子 他的血就是我的血 |
[44:26] | Take mine instead. | 取我的血吧 |
[44:38] | I won’t go without you. | 我不会抛下你走的 |
[44:39] | Yes, you will. | 你会的 |
[44:41] | Follow the stream back to Fraser’s Ridge. | 顺着小溪回弗雷泽山脊 |
[44:45] | May the Lord protect her, her and the children. | 愿上帝保护她 她 还有孩子们 |
[44:50] | No, no, he’s not my father! | 不 他不是我父亲 |
[44:51] | He’s not my father! | 他不是我父亲 |
[44:53] | He showed me the boundaries, but I did not respect them. | 他给我看了边界 但我没尊重 |
[44:56] | I alone stole your fish. | 是我一个人偷走了你们的鱼 |
[45:00] | Stand down, Willie. | 后退 威利 |
[45:07] | No. No, no! Willie, no! | 不 威利 不 |
[45:12] | No! | 不 |
[45:53] | I dinna ken the meaning of all they’re saying, but… | 我不明白他们说的话的意思 但是 |
[45:57] | I believe their mercy was due to you. | 我想他们的仁慈是因为你 |
[46:06] | Your courage. | 你的勇气 |
[46:18] | I must beg your forgiveness. | 我必须恳求你的宽恕 |
[46:22] | My… lack of discretion, it… | 我不够谨慎 这 |
[46:28] | pierces my very core. | 刺穿了我的心 |
[46:30] | You were very ill. | 你病得很重 |
[46:32] | It’s no excuse. | 这不是借口 |
[46:36] | But you were wrong. | 但你错了 |
[46:39] | Knowing you have Jamie and I never will | 让我难过的不是知道你有了杰米 |
[46:41] | is not that which grieves me. | 而我永远不会得到他 |
[46:44] | It’s a truth to which I am reconciled. | 这是我已经接受的事实 |
[46:52] | It’s witnessing the satisfaction on your face | 看到你脸上的满足 |
[46:54] | that wounds me. | 让我很受伤 |
[46:56] | Something I could never give Isobel. | 这是我永远无法给伊泽贝尔的 |
[47:00] | Do you know what it’s like to love someone | 你知道爱一个人 |
[47:03] | and never be able to give them happiness? | 但无法让她得到幸福的感受吗 |
[47:05] | Not through any fault of yours or theirs, | 不是你的错 也不是她的错 |
[47:08] | but simply because you were not born the right person for them? | 但就因为你天生不是适合她的人 |
[47:19] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[47:22] | All too well. | 很懂 |
[47:27] | When I thought Jamie was dead, I… | 当我以为杰米战死时 我 |
[47:35] | I was married to another man. | 我嫁给了另一个人 |
[47:40] | Oh, a good man. | 一个好人 |
[47:43] | But… | 但是 |
[47:52] | I must ask for your forgiveness, too. | 我也必须请求你的原谅 |
[47:57] | You were right. | 你说得对 |
[47:58] | I suppose I am envious | 我想我的确嫉妒 |
[48:01] | of the time you spent with Jamie. | 你和杰米共度的时光 |
[48:06] | We were deprived of 20 years together. | 我们被剥夺了在一起20年的时光 |
[48:17] | Now that you’ve come here… | 现在你来了 |
[48:22] | And seen him… | 见到他 |
[48:28] | Do you still have feelings? | 你还有感情吗 |
[48:33] | I do. | 有 |
[48:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[48:40] | God help me. | 愿上帝帮助我 |
[48:53] | When you said you have nothing of Jamie, | 你说你没有杰米的任何东西 |
[48:57] | you’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[49:02] | You have William. | 你有威廉 |
[49:18] | Do you remember the day you left Helwater? | 你记得你离开赫尔沃特的那天吗 |
[49:22] | Aye. | 记得 |
[49:26] | I ran to you. | 我跑向你 |
[49:29] | But you did not look back at me. | 但你没有回头看我 |
[49:34] | Why did you not look back at me? | 你为什么不回头看我 |
[49:44] | I wanted to. | 我想的 |
[49:50] | I didn’t look because… | 我没看是因为 |
[49:52] | I didn’t want to give ye false hope. | 我不想给你虚假的希望 |
[49:56] | I never expected to see you again. | 我从来没料到能再次见到你 |
[50:07] | William. | 威廉 |
[50:18] | Here. | 给 |
[50:26] | He’s well. | 他没事了 |
[50:27] | And no longer contagious. | 不再有传染性 |
[50:31] | All right, lad. | 好吧 小伙子 |
[50:33] | Papa. | 父亲 |
[50:45] | I trust he was well-behaved for you. | 我相信他行为很规矩 |
[50:50] | William was a very brave travel companion. | 威廉是个勇敢的旅伴 |
[50:56] | You’ve raised him well. | 你把他教得很好 |
[51:00] | You’re a good father. | 你是个好父亲 |
[51:05] | You’re fortunate to have each other. | 你们很幸运 拥有彼此 |
[51:13] | How can I repay your kindness? | 我要怎么报答你的好意呢 |
[51:17] | You can get plenty of rest. | 你可以充分休息 |
[51:20] | And eat well. | 注意饮食 |
[51:22] | Lots of carrots and squash and liver. | 多吃胡萝卜 南瓜和肝脏 |
[51:27] | And… | 还有 |
[51:30] | Don’t lose hope. | 别失去希望 |
[51:34] | You, too, deserve | 你的脸上 |
[51:37] | to have the look of satisfaction on your face. | 也该拥有满足的表情 |
[51:54] | Ye sure ye remember the way? | 你确定你记得路吗 |
[51:58] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[52:09] | I’d be delighted if you accept this. | 如果你接受这个 我会很高兴 |
[52:12] | Your chess set? | 你的国际象棋 |
[52:13] | – No, John, I canna– – Please. | -不 约翰 我不能 -拜托 |
[52:16] | It will give me great pleasure to think of you | 想到你能偶尔下一盘棋 |
[52:17] | having a game now and then. | 我就会很高兴 |
[52:19] | Perhaps you’ll teach your nephew. | 也许你会教你的外甥 |
[52:22] | I look forward to it. | 我很期待 |
[52:24] | I’m afraid the time has come to bid you all farewell. | 恐怕是时候和你们大家告别了 |
[52:28] | A pleasure, Mistress Fraser. | 幸会 弗雷泽夫人 |
[52:32] | The pleasure is all mine. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[52:37] | Good luck to you both. | 祝你们好运 |
[53:41] | Well, I hope Murtagh comes to see us again soon. | 希望穆塔夫很快会来见我们 |
[53:44] | He’ll no stay away now he’s had a taste | 他现在已经尝过了你的厨艺 |
[53:46] | of your fine cooking. | 不会远离这里的 |
[54:11] | So often I’ve burned for ye. | 我常常为你欲火焚身 |
[54:15] | But this water on your skin… | 但你皮肤上的水 |
[54:18] | Caressing you. | 爱抚着你 |
[54:26] | Makes me jealous of the rain itself. | 让我对雨都心生嫉妒了 |
[54:35] | Your kisses raining down on me… | 你的吻如雨般落在我身上 |
[54:40] | Is it a drizzle or a torrent? | 是毛毛雨 还是暴雨 |
[54:44] | I’ll bathe you in them. | 多到能为你洗浴 |
[54:53] | Then I… should hurry up. | 那我该快点了 |
[54:58] | Ye have no need of cloth tonight, Sassenach. | 你今晚不需要衣服 英格兰人 |
[55:02] | Well, that’s not fair. You’re still fully clothed. | 这不公平 你还穿着衣服 |
[55:06] | There are times when a husband kens best. | 有些时候丈夫最懂了 |
[55:09] | And I am your husband. | 我是你丈夫 |
[55:12] | Though ye’d never ken it. | 虽然你永远不懂 |
[55:18] | I don’t need a ring | 我不需要戒指 |
[55:20] | to know how much you love me. | 就知道你有多爱我 |
[55:22] | No. | 是不用 |
[55:26] | But it helps. | 但这有所帮助 |
[55:51] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[55:56] | It’s so beautiful. | 好美啊 |
[55:59] | Where is it from? | 这是哪里来的 |
[56:01] | I had Murtagh make it. | 我让穆塔夫为我做的 |
[56:03] | From one of the silver candlesticks. | 用了一个银烛台 |
[56:06] | I ken my mother would give her blessing | 我知道我妈妈会同意 |
[56:11] | to fashion part of it into a ring for ye. | 把银烛台改造成送你的戒指 |
[56:16] | She would be proud | 她应该很骄傲 |
[56:18] | to know that she raised such a thoughtful son. | 知道她养了一个体贴周到的儿子 |
[56:32] | Oh, there’s an inscription. | 还有铭文 |
[56:46] | Give me 1,000 kisses. | 给我一千个吻 |
[57:00] | And I’ll give you 1,000 more. | 我会再给你一千个 |
[57:35] | One. | 一个 |
[57:45] | Two. | 两个 |
[57:52] | Three. | 三个 |
[57:57] | Five. | 五个 |
[58:00] | Five? | 五个吗 |