时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | There have been sightings of Bonnet in the Province. | 有人在省里看到邦内特了 |
[00:02] | His name was Otter Tooth. | 他叫水獭牙 |
[00:04] | He talked of war, | 他说到了战争 |
[00:05] | warning us of our future. | 警告我们的未来 |
[00:07] | And they began to believe he was possessed. | 大家开始相信 他是被恶灵附了身 |
[00:09] | Any man choosing to settle with me | 任何选择来落户的人 |
[00:11] | will receive 100 acres. | 都会有一百英亩土地 |
[00:13] | Good luck to you, Mr. Fraser. | 祝你好运 弗雷泽先生 |
[00:15] | Do you not want 100 acres for yourself and your family? | 你不希望自己和家人得到100英亩土地吗 |
[00:17] | I thank you, but no. | 谢谢你 但是不要 |
[00:19] | The time has come for you to fulfill your oath | 已经到了兑现你诺言的时刻 |
[00:21] | both to the crown and to me. | 包括对国王和我的誓言 |
[00:23] | Lieutenant Knox and his men will remain to assist you. | 诺克斯中尉和手下会协助你 |
[00:26] | If Tryon wants his Scot, I’ll give him his Scot. | 泰伦要苏格兰人 我就给他个苏格兰人 |
[00:30] | Stand by my hand, Roger, captain. | 追随我 罗杰 上尉 |
[00:34] | Captain? | 上尉 |
[00:35] | I know you stay because of the vow you made to my mother. | 我知道你留下是因为你对我母亲发过的誓 |
[00:39] | I release you from it. | 我解除你的誓言 |
[00:41] | Be hard to find. | 好好藏起来 |
[01:00] | Unhand me! | 放开我 |
[01:02] | Get off of me! | 别碰我 |
[01:14] | Show mercy! | 发发慈悲吧 |
[01:16] | I’m begging you, please! | 我求你们了 |
[01:20] | Where was the mercy | 这里的好乡亲 |
[01:21] | when the good folks here abouts begged for it? | 求情时 你饶过他们了吗 |
[01:26] | And you are justice of the peace. | 你还是治安法官 |
[01:29] | Where was it, eh? | 慈悲何在 |
[01:31] | When you painted them as criminals? | 你把他们涂黑 判成罪犯时 |
[01:37] | When they couldn’t pay their taxes? | 他们交不起税时 |
[01:44] | Go to it, lads. | 动手吧 |
[03:54] | Help! | 救命 |
[04:05] | Help us, please! | 求你们帮帮我们 |
[04:07] | Mistress Farrish, what has happened? | 法拉什夫人 出什么事了 |
[04:09] | Hurry, please! | 快帮他 |
[04:11] | Please, he canna breathe! | 求你了 他无法呼吸 |
[04:12] | He’s at death’s door. | 他快要死了 |
[04:14] | Quickly. | 快点 |
[04:18] | Mama, something’s wrong with Mr. Farrish. | 妈妈 法拉什先生不对劲 |
[04:20] | Here, Marsali. Clear this off. | 来 玛沙利 把桌子清出来 |
[04:22] | Lay him down on the table. | 把他放在桌子上 |
[04:25] | Brianna, get me a pillow. | 布丽安娜 给我拿个枕头 |
[04:30] | Oh, Lord. | 天啊 |
[04:31] | Oh, my Lord. | 我的天啊 |
[04:32] | I canna believe that ’tis come to this. | 真没想到会变得这么严重 |
[04:34] | I’ve been letting his blood. | 我一直在给他放血 |
[04:36] | I’ve given him purgatives. What more could I have done? | 我喂过他泻药了 我还能做什么呢 |
[04:39] | Mrs. Bug, get me a bowl of cold water, please. | 巴格太太 麻烦你帮我拿一碗冷水来 |
[04:42] | Need to cool him down. | 得帮他降温 |
[04:48] | Mr. Farrish, is it your stomach? | 法拉什先生 你是肚子不舒服吗 |
[04:54] | Like a knife to my gut. | 我的肚子好像被刀割一样 |
[04:57] | Lie still. Lie still. | 躺好 别动 |
[05:00] | You gave him purgatives? | 你喂他吃过泻药 |
[05:01] | How long ago, and what, exactly? | 多久之前的事 哪种泻药 |
[05:04] | Uh, two days ago, his belly was swollen | 两天前 他腹部肿胀 |
[05:05] | and he couldn’t eat, | 吃不下饭 |
[05:07] | so I gave him some calomel powder | 于是我给他吃了些甘汞粉 |
[05:08] | to rid him of noxious matter. | 帮他排出有害的东西 |
[05:11] | But he got worse, so you tried blood-letting. | 但他更严重了 于是你尝试给他放血 |
[05:13] | Aye, and some Blue Mass pills. | 是的 还给他吃了些蓝药丸 |
[05:16] | Mercury. | 汞 |
[05:19] | Does he need more blood let? | 他是不是还得再放点血 |
[05:26] | No. | 不 |
[05:29] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[05:33] | There’s nothing more I can do, Mrs. Farrish. | 我别无他法了 法拉什太太 |
[05:39] | You can’t help him? | 你救不了他吗 |
[05:42] | Come, let us leave them. | 走 我们回避吧 |
[05:48] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[06:28] | The governor shared your dispatches with me. | 州长将你的信件与我分享 |
[06:30] | You’ll not take offense, I hope. | 希望你不会感到被冒犯了 |
[06:32] | He merely wanted me to know the lay of the land. | 他只是想让我了解详情 |
[06:37] | The ground you’ve trodden in your search for Fitzgibbons. | 你为搜寻菲茨吉本斯去过哪些地方 |
[06:44] | He, uh… he merely wanted ye | 他只是想让你 |
[06:46] | to get the measure of the sort of man I am. | 衡量我的为人 |
[06:50] | Well… | 这… |
[06:56] | Did ye arrive at an opinion? | 你有没有得出结论 |
[07:01] | A man I am pleased to break bread with. | 一个我十分乐意与他同桌而食的人 |
[07:05] | An industrious man, certainly. | 为人勤勉 肯定的 |
[07:08] | Your efforts to cultivate the land Tryon granted you | 你为耕耘泰伦大人赐予的土地付出的努力 |
[07:10] | are confirmation of your loyalty to King and country. | 已证明了你对国王与国家的忠诚 |
[07:14] | You’ve brought men and women together. | 你令人民团结 |
[07:18] | And your gathering was proof of that. | 你的队伍便是最好的证明 |
[07:22] | Thank ye. | 谢谢 |
[07:28] | I, uh… | 我… |
[07:30] | I’ll be sure to mention the affable Lieutenant | 在我下封信中定会提及 |
[07:33] | in my next dispatch. | 和蔼可亲的中尉 |
[07:39] | I can only hope one day to be granted | 我只期望有朝一日能被赐予一片土地 |
[07:42] | a parcel of land that’s half as prosperous as yours. | 有你的土地一半丰饶便心满意足 |
[07:46] | Perhaps when we catch Fitzgibbons and see him hanged. | 或许待我们抓获菲茨吉本斯 看他被施以绞刑 |
[07:49] | Perhaps then the governor would be so kind. | 或许到时候 州长将赏赐予我 |
[08:28] | Charming. | 好极了 |
[08:29] | These backcountry folk are not much for manners, are they? | 穷乡僻壤的人可真不懂礼貌 |
[08:33] | It’s only civility that keeps us all | 只有礼貌文明才能阻止我们 |
[08:34] | from killing one another. | 自相残杀 |
[08:38] | No time for manners when ye’ve a family to feed. | 当你要养家糊口 可没心力注意礼貌 |
[08:41] | Maybe you should be glad he only spat at us. | 或许你该高兴他只是朝我们吐唾沫 |
[08:44] | I have to disagree. | 我不同意 |
[08:46] | There’s always a need to respect his Majesty’s army. | 对国王陛下的军队总应心存敬畏 |
[08:48] | Life’s under no obligation to give us what we expect. | 生活没有义务对我们有求必应 |
[08:52] | We should take what is offered | 我们应欣然接受一切际遇 |
[08:53] | and be thankful it’s no worse than it is. | 并对境遇没有更糟而心怀感激 |
[08:56] | Men like you and me offer protection | 诸如你我 提供保护 |
[08:58] | to ensure that it isn’t any worse. | 确保人民的生活不会变糟 |
[09:00] | Appears he doesna share your beliefs in the matter. | 显然在这件事上他与你看法不同 |
[09:05] | And what are your beliefs in the matter? | 那你怎么而看 |
[09:08] | Why? | 为什么这么问 |
[09:10] | Are ye taking notes for yer own dispatches? | 为你自己的信件做好笔记吗 |
[09:13] | Recording my words for posterity? | 还是为后世记录我的语录 |
[09:16] | No, but if I were? | 并非如此 但倘若是这样呢 |
[09:21] | Then I would have to agree with ye. | 那我或许得同意你的观点 |
[09:25] | You and I united in our aim | 我们为目标团结一心 |
[09:27] | of offering protection to those we’ve sworn to defend. | 为我们誓言守护的人提供保护 |
[09:33] | I admire a man who puts duty and honor above all else. | 我敬佩认为责任和荣誉高于一切的男人 |
[09:39] | Then ye admire a man who’d rather starve | 那你会佩服一个宁可挨饿 |
[09:42] | than dishonor his own conscience? | 也不愿玷污自己良心的人 |
[09:45] | Do I detect some sympathy there for the Regulators, | 我是否感受到了些许对监管者的同情 |
[09:48] | Colonel Fraser? | 弗雷泽上校 |
[09:50] | I have sympathy for any man | 我同情每一个 |
[09:51] | who canna afford to eat, Lieutenant, | 吃不上饱饭的人 中尉 |
[09:54] | and yer generosity of coin tells me ye have some as well. | 而你先前不吝施舍也说明了你也有同情 |
[09:58] | I do believe it is right to give to those in need. | 我确实认为帮助有需要的人是对的 |
[10:02] | Well, I suppose it is reasonably true | 我想也许死亡或征税 |
[10:04] | that there is never a convenient time for death or taxes. | 永远不合时宜也是有道理的 |
[10:08] | Now, do I detect some sympathy | 现在 我是否感受到了些许 |
[10:10] | with the Regulators, Lieutenant? | 对监管者的同情 中尉 |
[10:18] | The Regulators have been rioting Hillsborough. | 监管者在希尔斯堡发生暴动 |
[10:20] | Are there any wounded? | 是否有人受伤 |
[10:21] | Aye, a few, | 有一些 |
[10:22] | but thankfully captured three of the bastards. | 但幸好抓住了三个混蛋 |
[10:24] | We should make haste. | 我们得快马加鞭了 |
[10:26] | Our presence there will reassure the townsfolk. | 我们的出现会让那里的居民安心 |
[10:40] | Mama? | 妈妈 |
[10:50] | Came to see if you needed any help. | 我来看看你需不需要帮忙 |
[10:53] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[10:55] | I know it’s difficult to see someone like this, | 我知道看到开膛破肚的人很不好受 |
[10:56] | but I had to do it. | 但我必须这么做 |
[10:59] | I had to confirm what the cause of death was. | 我必须确认死因 |
[11:04] | Practically, intellectually, yes. | 从事实的角度 理智的角度 是的 |
[11:07] | That makes perfect sense, in 1969. | 若在1969年 这非常合理 |
[11:13] | Mama, what if someone finds out? | 妈妈 如果有人发现了怎么办 |
[11:14] | They won’t. Now, I’ll make sure of it. | 不会的 我会确保这一点 |
[11:17] | You know the worst of it all? | 你知道最糟的是什么吗 |
[11:19] | His wife accelerated his death. | 他的妻子加速了他的死亡 |
[11:21] | His appendix burst, he was in septic shock, | 他的阑尾开裂 出现了败血性休克 |
[11:23] | and bacteria in his abdomen created a serious infection. | 腹腔里的细菌让他严重感染 |
[11:27] | Blood-letting and mercury pills | 放血和服用汞丸 |
[11:29] | weren’t going to do a damn thing except… | 根本没有用 除了… |
[11:31] | Kill him faster. | 加速他的死亡 |
[11:34] | But no one will understand. | 可没人会理解的 |
[11:36] | Maybe not, | 或许吧 |
[11:38] | but if I am to keep people safe here, | 但如果我要保护这里的人们 |
[11:41] | then I need to know what’s causing their illnesses. | 我就得知道是什么导致了他们患病 |
[11:44] | I can’t watch someone die like this, | 我不能看着谁这样死去 |
[11:46] | knowing that if he’d just come to me sooner, | 明知他如果能早点来找我 |
[11:48] | then I could have saved his life. | 那我就能拯救他 |
[11:50] | An appendectomy is… | 阑尾切除是… |
[11:53] | It’s one of the most straightforward procedures you can do. | 是你能做的最简单的手术之一 |
[11:57] | I know how difficult it was for you to lose him, | 我知道他的死让你多难过 |
[12:00] | but Mama, there is nothing you could have done. | 但妈妈 你没有其他办法 |
[12:06] | It’s bad enough I’m fighting the disease… | 我要对抗疾病已经够糟了 |
[12:10] | But I’m also fighting the cure. | 现在还要为治疗斗争 |
[12:15] | I know. | 我知道 |
[12:19] | Mom, I’m… I’m… I’m sorry. | 妈妈 对不起 |
[12:21] | I have to get some air. | 我得出去透口气了 |
[13:29] | This is what a world without civility looks like. | 没有礼仪的世界就是这番景象 |
[13:43] | I ken that man. | 我认识那男人 |
[13:45] | He’s a friend of the Governor’s. | 他是州长的朋友 |
[13:47] | Mr. Fanning! | 范宁先生 |
[13:51] | – Sinclair. – What? | -辛克莱 -什么 |
[13:53] | – Tend the horses. – Aye, Colonel. | -看好我的马 -是 上校 |
[13:59] | Mr. Fraser. | 弗雷泽先生 |
[14:01] | It’s good to see a familiar face. | 真高兴能看到一张熟脸 |
[14:05] | Mr. Fanning, | 范宁先生 |
[14:06] | may I acquaint you with Lieutenant Hamilton Knox. | 这位是汉密尔顿·诺克斯中尉 |
[14:09] | Mr. Edmund Fanning. | 这位是埃德蒙德·范宁先生 |
[14:11] | I’m sorry to make your acquaintance under such circumstances. | 抱歉在这种情况下与你相识 |
[14:14] | Let’s hope they’ll improve | 现在我们的军队 |
[14:15] | now that we have men stationed in the town. | 驻扎进了镇子 但愿能有所改观 |
[14:17] | Thank goodness you’re here. | 幸好你们来了 |
[14:19] | It’s getting worse and worse. | 情况现在越来越糟 |
[14:21] | This country is going to the dogs. | 这片乡村就要毁灭了 |
[14:23] | What did they do to you, Fanning? | 他们对你做了什么 范宁 |
[14:25] | Come with me. I’ll show you. | 跟我来 我带你们看 |
[14:36] | They seized control of the courthouse. | 他们占领了镇法庭 |
[14:39] | The honorable Judge Henderson | 亨德森法官大人 |
[14:40] | was forced to hear their complaint under duress, | 被迫听完他们诉苦 |
[14:43] | then fled for his life. | 然后逃命去了 |
[14:45] | They meant to kill him? | 他们想杀了他吗 |
[14:47] | He certainly had reason to believe so. | 他绝对有理由这么想 |
[14:50] | Mr. Evans. | 埃文斯先生 |
[14:53] | When they did not receive | 当他们没有 |
[14:54] | their own particular brand of justice from the court, | 从法庭得到自己所谓的正义时 |
[14:58] | they did this. | 就做了这种事 |
[15:05] | My God. | 天啊 |
[15:07] | Paraded through town like a boiled goose | 我像只煮鹅一样被他们游街 |
[15:11] | for enforcing a tax they do not want to pay. | 就因为强收了他们不想交的税 |
[15:16] | In time, ye will wear yer scars wi’ honor, | 以后 这会成为你荣誉的印记 |
[15:20] | knowing ye received them doing your duty. | 你是在尽责工作 |
[15:23] | I pray you’re right. | 但愿你说得对 |
[15:25] | William Hooper suffered the same fate. | 威廉·霍珀也受了一样的罪 |
[15:28] | He lies abed as we speak, unable to move… | 现在正躺在床上 动弹不得 |
[15:31] | and may yet succumb to his wounds. | 或许时日无多了 |
[15:33] | Cowardly dogs. | 懦弱的狗杂种 |
[15:36] | I was beaten and forced to watch. | 他们殴打我 逼着我抬头看 |
[15:38] | Well, they may as well have blinded me, | 可他们还不如直接弄瞎我 |
[15:40] | for I can face seeing no more. | 因为我一刻也看不下去 |
[15:43] | They tore apart my house by the timbers. | 他们把我的房子拆得精光 |
[15:46] | I only wish your wife was with you. | 要是你的妻子也在就好了 |
[15:49] | We could surely employ a surgeon of her skill. | 我们绝对需要她的医术 |
[15:57] | Still feeling that sympathy, Colonel? | 你现在还同情他们吗 上校 |
[16:02] | I didna think them capable of this. | 我没想到他们会做出这种事 |
[16:06] | We’re told you captured three of them. | 我们听说你们抓到了三个他们的人 |
[16:08] | We did. | 没错 |
[16:09] | And they ought to hang! | 他们应该被绞死 |
[16:10] | They will, John. | 他们会的 约翰 |
[16:12] | Providence has brought us Lieutenant Knox | 上天给我们派来了诺克斯中尉 |
[16:15] | and Colonel Fraser. | 和弗雷泽上校 |
[16:18] | As it happens, we seek one of the insurgents ourselves. | 我们自己也在搜查一名叛徒 |
[16:22] | A leader. | 一个领导者 |
[16:24] | One Murtagh Fitzgibbons. | 穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯 |
[16:27] | Do ye ken if he’s among the men ye arrested? | 你还记得你抓捕的人里有没有他吗 |
[16:29] | No, but I can take you to them. | 没有 但是我可以带你们去看他们 |
[16:32] | Yes, sir. | 好 先生 |
[16:48] | Lieutenant. | 中尉 |
[16:52] | Do ye, um… do ye need time to compose yourself? | 你…你需要点时间冷静一下吗 |
[16:56] | I could speak with them alone. | 我可以单独和他们谈谈 |
[16:58] | No. | 不 |
[16:59] | Sickened as I am by their actions, | 虽然他们的行为让我感到恶心 |
[17:00] | I will face them. | 但我会面对他们 |
[17:01] | Mebbe let me have the first word. | 不如让我先问话 |
[17:04] | Highlander to Highlander. | 我们同为高地人 |
[17:06] | It may loosen their tongues. | 他们也许会松口 |
[17:12] | Bring them out. | 把他们带出来 |
[17:48] | Thank you, Mr. Fanning. | 谢谢你 范宁先生 |
[17:51] | I’m Colonel James Fraser. | 我是詹姆斯·弗雷泽上校 |
[17:53] | This is Lieutenant Hamilton Knox. | 这是汉密尔顿·诺克斯中尉 |
[17:55] | We’re looking for Murtagh Fitzgibbons, | 我们在找穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯 |
[17:58] | this leader of yours that we’ve heard so much about. | 你们的首领 我们听说了不少他的事 |
[18:03] | Was he the one who put ye up to this? | 是他让你们这么做的吗 |
[18:09] | I ken how persuasive a Highlander can be. | 我知道高地人很有煽动力 |
[18:12] | I’m grown out of the same ground. | 我也在那片土地上长大 |
[18:16] | And given where ye’re standing, | 看看你现在的位置 |
[18:19] | I’ll bet ye have got a few thousand acres | 肯定拿到了几千英亩的 |
[18:21] | of new ground now. | 新土地吧 |
[18:23] | I have settlers. | 我有定居者 |
[18:25] | Highland folk and others. | 高地人和其他人 |
[18:28] | Men and women who depend upon me. | 男女老少都指着我过活 |
[18:29] | Spoken as a true Laird. | 真是一个大领主 |
[18:31] | Look at ye on yer high horses. | 看看你骑着高头大马的样子 |
[18:35] | Ye’re no better than us. | 你没有比我们好到哪里去 |
[18:36] | How dare you. | 你怎么敢这么说话 |
[18:38] | Look me in the eye and tell me what you did was justified. | 看着我的眼睛 告诉我你所做之事是正当的 |
[18:41] | Oh, it was more than justified. | 那不仅仅是正当 |
[18:43] | Crooked thieves and extortionists, | 他们都是一群只会 |
[18:45] | all of ’em. | 偷盗勒索的狗贼 |
[18:46] | I’m only sorry we didn’t bathe | 我只后悔我们没有 |
[18:47] | the whole stinkin’ lot of ’em in tar. | 把他们全都活活烧死 |
[18:49] | Ye canna mean that. | 你不可能是认真的 |
[18:50] | We’ll wage war on ye if we must. | 万不得已之下 我们会对你们开战 |
[18:53] | Bring towns down around yer ears. | 攻陷你们身边的城镇 |
[18:55] | Nothing but white-livered miscreants, | 他们恶劣的罪行证明了 |
[18:57] | as evidenced by their repulsive crimes. | 他们只是一群胆小的恶棍 |
[18:59] | Try sayin’ that to me again when my hands are untied. | 你有种把我解开后再说一遍 |
[19:04] | Where are the rest of you hiding? | 你们其他人都躲在哪里 |
[19:09] | Where is Murtagh Fitzgibbons? | 穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯在哪里 |
[19:11] | I’d rather bite my own tongue off then tell ye. | 我宁愿咬舌自尽都不会告诉你 |
[19:17] | I will remind you that I am a Lieutenant in his Majesty’s army. | 我要提醒你们 我是皇家中尉 |
[19:20] | Knox. | 诺克斯 |
[19:21] | He canna help himself. | 他控制不了自己 |
[19:22] | Blood-red coat, the color of the devil himself. | 血红外套 这是恶魔的颜色 |
[19:25] | If you are truly so brave, I will ask you one last time. | 如果你真的这么勇敢 我再问你最后一遍 |
[19:30] | Where is Murtagh Fitzgibbons? | 穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯在哪里 |
[19:33] | I am Murtagh Fitzgibbons. | 我就是穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯 |
[19:39] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[19:42] | No! | 不 |
[19:44] | Lieutenant! | 中尉 |
[19:48] | What have you done? | 你做了什么 |
[19:51] | Hey, come on! | 坚持住 |
[19:59] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[20:02] | You executed a man without trial! | 你未经审判就处死了一个人 |
[20:06] | Gentlemen? | 先生们 |
[20:08] | What happened here? | 这里发生了什么事 |
[20:14] | Aye, sometimes a man must put aside his honor | 有时候为了维护自己 人必须学会 |
[20:18] | to defend himself. | 把荣誉放到一边 |
[20:24] | Take these men back to their cells. | 把这些人带回牢房去 |
[20:51] | Captain Roger MacKenzie, at your service. | 罗杰·麦肯齐上尉 为您效劳 |
[20:54] | They’re quick. | 它们移动很快 |
[20:55] | The whole thing’s ridiculous. | 这整件事简直太可笑了 |
[20:58] | The very fact that somehow I’m a militia captain | 我身为民兵队长却不会 |
[21:00] | that can’t shoot, | 开枪射击 |
[21:02] | the fact that I’m aiming at a squirrel in the first place, | 我起初瞄准松鼠却打中了树 |
[21:05] | the whole thing goes against nature, Bri. | 这一切都是违反自然的 布丽 |
[21:08] | It’s like shooting at Tufty Fluffytail. | 就像在射击毛尾巴土肥 |
[21:12] | Um, at what? | 射击什么 |
[21:14] | Ye’ve never heard of Tufty the Fluffytail? | 你没听说过毛尾巴土肥吗 |
[21:17] | Should have known that reference would be lost | 我应该想到的 这种地方俗语 |
[21:19] | on my American wife. | 我的美国妻子不知道 |
[21:21] | Tufty is a squirrel | 土肥是一只松鼠 |
[21:24] | who teaches children about road safety. | 它教小孩子道路安全常识 |
[21:27] | Sort of like your, uh, Smokey the Bear. | 有点像你们的防火护林熊 |
[21:31] | Sort of, but there are clubs. | 有点像 但是有俱乐部 |
[21:34] | Wow, sounds exciting. | 听上去真让人激动 |
[21:37] | I think I’d rather be in the militia. | 我想我还是宁愿去民兵队 |
[21:39] | Ah, well, I’ll confess that in my time at Oxford, | 我要坦白 我在牛津的时候 |
[21:41] | I hadn’t read about brigades of squirrels on battlefields. | 没有读到过战场上关于松鼠军队的事 |
[21:49] | Ye’re keeping me occupied hunting wee rodents | 你一直让我在这里捕猎小啮齿动物 |
[21:51] | while the real men are away. | 而真正的男人都离开了 |
[21:53] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[21:56] | Da left you here to protect the ridge while he’s gone. | 爸让你留在这是为在他不在时保护山脊 |
[21:59] | We’re practicing. | 我们是在练习 |
[22:00] | Protect it from what? Rabies? | 保护山脊远离什么 狂犬病吗 |
[22:04] | The Regulators pose no threat to us here. | 在这里监管者对我们没有威胁 |
[22:06] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[22:09] | He doesn’t respect me, Bri. | 他不尊重我 布丽 |
[22:12] | It doesn’t help matters that we had Jemmy baptized | 我们让吉米受长老教会员洗礼 |
[22:14] | by a Presbyterian. | 更加于事无补 |
[22:17] | Well, we already had one heretic in the family, | 我们家族里已经有一个异教徒了 |
[22:19] | and two are better than one. | 两个总比一个好 |
[22:23] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[22:25] | Let’s try something that doesn’t move. | 试试不动的靶子吧 |
[22:27] | Aim at that tree. | 瞄准那棵树 |
[22:29] | Are you serious? | 你认真的吗 |
[22:31] | Would you just… | 你就试试吧… |
[22:33] | A tree. | 一棵树 |
[22:37] | – What’s the… – Here. | -该怎么… -我来教你 |
[22:41] | Elbow. | 肘部支撑 |
[22:49] | Steady. | 保持平稳 |
[22:54] | Breathe. | 调整呼吸 |
[22:57] | Well now it’s you who’s driving me nuts. | 现在可是你让我要发疯了 |
[23:31] | You want to go back, don’t you? | 你想回去 对吧 |
[23:38] | You’re ready. | 你准备好了 |
[23:40] | Who knows? | 谁知道呢 |
[23:42] | Maybe I want Jemmy to be part of the Tufty club. | 或许我想让吉米成为土肥俱乐部的一员 |
[23:46] | There are plenty of squirrels here. | 这里有很多松鼠 |
[23:48] | We could pick one, name him Tufty. | 我们可以选一只 就叫它土肥 |
[23:50] | Done. Welcome to the club. | 搞定了 欢迎加入俱乐部 |
[23:54] | Look, maybe we should be glad. | 听着 或许我们该高兴 |
[23:57] | Jem doesn’t need road safety here. | 吉米在这里不需要道路安全 |
[23:59] | At least we know he’ll never be hurt in a car accident. | 至少我们知道他绝不会在车祸中受伤 |
[24:01] | Brianna. | 布丽安娜 |
[24:04] | Our family is here. | 我们的家在这里 |
[24:06] | You and Jemmy are my family. | 你和吉米是我的家 |
[24:09] | James Fraser is my Colonel. | 詹姆斯·弗雷泽是我的上校 |
[24:13] | And what about Mama? | 那妈妈呢 |
[24:20] | You don’t want to leave them. | 你不想离开他们 |
[24:44] | What have I done? | 我做了什么 |
[24:47] | I’ve become the very thing I despise. | 我变成了自己最鄙视的那种人 |
[24:53] | I’m a hypocrite. | 我是个伪君子 |
[24:56] | What’s done is done. | 发生的事情已经发生了 |
[25:04] | Ye must try to make amends, perhaps. | 或许你必须设法补偿 |
[25:09] | Ensure a fair trial for the others. | 确保其他人得到公平的审判 |
[25:11] | Ah, they will be found guilty and hanged. | 他们会被判有罪 受绞刑 |
[25:18] | I gave him a soldier’s death. | 我给了他士兵那样的死法 |
[25:24] | The other two will not be so lucky. | 另外两个就不会那么幸运了 |
[25:27] | Tomorrow they will go to New Bern to be hanged | 明天他们会被送去纽伯恩 接受绞刑 |
[25:30] | as proof of the work we’re doing here to staunch the uprising. | 以证明我们在此所做的镇压叛乱的工作 |
[25:33] | Is that what they deserve? | 这就是他们应得的下场吗 |
[25:34] | I gave that man better than he deserved. | 我给他的死法已经比他们应得的要好了 |
[25:42] | Is there no cause you would die for, Lieutenant? | 这世上就没什么值得你为之牺牲的事业吗 中尉 |
[25:47] | We’re here, aren’t we? | 我们到这来了 不是吗 |
[25:50] | To die for king and country? | 为了国王和我们的国家而牺牲 |
[25:53] | For that is an oath we both have sworn. | 因为这是你我共同立下的誓言 |
[25:58] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[26:02] | We have. | 我们立过誓 |
[26:08] | *Swift to its close* | *人生短日* |
[26:11] | *Ebbs out life’s little day* | *转瞬就已昏暮* |
[26:16] | *Earth’s joys grow dim* | 我乐渐残 |
[26:19] | *Its glories pass away* | *我的荣耀渐枯* |
[26:24] | *Change and decay* | *四境所见* |
[26:27] | *In all around I see* | *尽是变迁朽腐* |
[26:32] | *O Thou who changest not* | *永不变者* |
[26:36] | *Abide with me* | *求来与我同住* |
[26:46] | – If you need any more help… – Thank you. | -如果你需要帮忙的话 -谢谢 |
[26:54] | Fergus, would you mind looking after | 费格斯 能麻烦你 |
[26:57] | the children for a little while? | 帮忙照顾一下孩子吗 |
[26:58] | I need to speak with Marsali. | 我有事要跟玛沙利说 |
[26:59] | Of course. | 当然 |
[27:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[27:07] | There’s something I want to show you. | 我有东西要给你看 |
[27:11] | But Marsali, do you trust me? | 但是玛沙利 你相信我吗 |
[27:14] | Aye. | 当然 |
[27:29] | Now, you promised you’d let me explain. | 你保证过会听我的解释 |
[27:36] | Lord, have mercy! | 上帝啊 发发慈悲吧 |
[27:37] | Stop shouting! | 别喊了 |
[27:40] | – Marsali, please. – Deliver us from evil. | -玛沙利 求你了 -救我们脱离凶恶 |
[27:45] | Dinna make me say it, Claire. | 别逼我说那句话 克莱尔 |
[27:46] | Dinna make me say it. | 别逼我问你 |
[27:49] | Was she right, my Ma? Was she? | 我妈妈是对的吗 |
[27:51] | I’m not a witch. | 我不是女巫 |
[27:53] | Marsali, you have more sense than that. | 玛沙利 你是个理智的人 |
[27:54] | That is why I brought you here. | 所以我才选择叫你过来 |
[27:57] | Now, knowing me as you do for as long as you have, | 以你对我的了解 告诉我你觉得为什么 |
[27:59] | why do you think Mr. Farrish is on this table? | 我会把法拉什先生的尸体留在这里 |
[28:05] | Who did we bury? | 那我们刚刚埋的是谁 |
[28:07] | No one. | 谁都没埋 |
[28:08] | Roger and I filled the coffin with rocks. | 罗杰和我把棺材里装满了石头 |
[28:11] | Should a physician not be more concerned with the living? | 医生不应该更关心活人吗 |
[28:13] | The curse of the living is that they can’t tell you | 活人的诅咒是他们无法告诉你 |
[28:15] | the secrets of the dead. | 死者的秘密 |
[28:17] | And what secrets might those be? | 那会是什么秘密呢 |
[28:19] | How to save those who are still here with us. | 告诉你如何拯救那些还活着的人 |
[28:21] | How to perform life-saving surgeries. | 如何完成一次救人性命的手术 |
[28:24] | You know, we physicians, | 我们医生 |
[28:25] | we… we learn by practicing on the dead, | 我们是通过在死人身上练习实践的 |
[28:29] | and I think you’d be a good apprentice. | 我认为你会是一个很好的学徒 |
[28:32] | Now, I’ve seen you butchering. | 我看过你宰杀动物 |
[28:33] | You know how to use a knife. | 你知道怎么用刀 |
[28:34] | You understand the parts of an animal | 你了解动物的各个部位 |
[28:36] | and what they’re for. | 以及它们的作用 |
[28:39] | People are similar in many ways. | 人在很多方面跟动物是相似的 |
[28:42] | See for yourself. | 你自己看 |
[28:46] | God help us. | 上帝保佑我们 |
[28:48] | Well, I believe he does. | 我相信他肯定会的 |
[28:51] | It’s a miraculous thing, the human body, | 人的身体是一个很神奇的东西 |
[28:53] | and I want to use this body to teach you | 我想通过这具尸体来教给你 |
[28:55] | so that we can protect God’s miracle. | 这样我们就能保护上帝的奇迹了 |
[28:59] | Marsali, you are kind and caring, | 玛沙利 你很善良 乐于助人 |
[29:03] | and you have the right instincts, | 在这方面你有天赋 |
[29:05] | and I need help. | 而我需要帮助 |
[29:10] | But ye’ve… | 可是你 |
[29:14] | I could never defile a body. | 我不能亵渎一具尸体 我做不到 |
[29:16] | I didn’t defile him. | 我没有亵渎尸体 |
[29:18] | I did what’s called an autopsy to… to learn why he died. | 我所做的事称之为解剖 为了了解他的死因 |
[29:26] | So ye can find out what killed a man by cutting him open? | 你是说你把他身体切开就能找到他的死因吗 |
[29:30] | Yes. | 对 |
[29:32] | Now, I couldn’t save Mr. Farrish, | 我当时没能救下法拉什先生 |
[29:34] | but this way, his death will mean something. | 但这样做却能让他死得其所 |
[29:37] | Help save others. | 帮助拯救他人 |
[29:41] | And after I finish teaching you, | 我教完你之后 |
[29:43] | we’ll stitch him up and give him a proper burial. | 我们再把他缝合好 让他体面下葬 |
[29:44] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[29:46] | Roger even said he would help. | 罗杰说他也会帮忙 |
[29:48] | Stitch him up? | 把他缝合好 |
[29:51] | Like a seamstress? | 就像缝纫工 |
[30:47] | Ye’ve got balls coming back here, Mr. Fraser. | 你还有胆回来 弗雷泽先生 |
[30:49] | Or is it Colonel Fraser? | 还是该叫你弗雷泽上校 |
[30:51] | You come to finish us off, have ye? | 你是来杀我们的吗 |
[30:53] | If Murtagh had seen ye standing there… | 要是穆塔夫看到你在这 |
[30:55] | No. | 不 |
[30:56] | No, Knox shouldna ha’ done what he did, | 诺克斯是不该那样做 |
[30:58] | but you shouldn’t have tormented those men. | 但你也不该折磨那些人 |
[31:00] | I’m sorry for what happened to Ethan, | 伊顿的事我很难过 |
[31:02] | and for my part in this. | 为我参与其中感到抱歉 |
[31:03] | What part is that, exactly? | 你具体干了什么 |
[31:05] | Money, is it? | 为了钱吗 |
[31:06] | Tryon’s coin? | 泰伦的钱 |
[31:08] | The governor has bound me to him. | 州长把我和他绑在一起了 |
[31:10] | I’m trying to save all our lives. | 我是想救大家 |
[31:11] | How verra noble. | 你可真高尚 |
[31:12] | Ye’re not doin’ so well thus far. | 但你目前做得并不好 |
[31:14] | Dinna speak to me of what is noble. | 别跟我废话什么高尚 |
[31:15] | It is a war being waged. | 战争已经爆发 |
[31:18] | We believe in our cause. | 我们相信我们的大业 |
[31:19] | And I believe in mine, | 我也相信我的 |
[31:21] | preserving as many lives as possible. | 尽可能保住更多人命 |
[31:24] | We dinna have much time. | 时间不多了 |
[31:34] | Redcoats guard the town. | 英格兰兵把守着城里 |
[31:38] | I told Murtagh be hard to find. | 我让穆塔夫好好藏起来 |
[31:41] | I didna count on his friends laying a trail | 我可不想他的朋友留下踪迹 |
[31:43] | of tar and feathers to his doorstep. | 到他的藏身处 |
[31:45] | Murtagh was here with us. | 穆塔夫曾和我们来到这里 |
[31:50] | Then tell him not to return. | 那就让他别再回来 |
[31:52] | Knox has an army at his command. | 诺克斯指挥着一支军队 |
[31:53] | Across the water, mebbe, | 或许隔着大洋是如此 |
[31:55] | but we have an army of men here. | 但我们在这里有一支队伍 |
[31:58] | Men with nothing left to lose, | 他们都是一无所有之人 |
[32:00] | and farmers though we be, | 虽然我们是农民 |
[32:01] | we’ve beat our plowshares into swords | 但我们铸犁为剑 |
[32:03] | and are training for battle. | 为战争做好训练 |
[32:07] | How many men do you have? | 你有多少人 |
[32:29] | I’ll be lightin’ a candle | 我要给可怜的 |
[32:30] | for poor mistress Farrish. | 法拉什夫人点一支蜡烛 |
[32:33] | Terrible, is it not? | 实在太可怕了 |
[32:35] | He was so young. | 他还那么年轻 |
[32:36] | Aye, we say bad things come in threes, | 是啊 都说祸不单行 |
[32:39] | and did you hear? | 你听说了吗 |
[32:40] | My lad Thomas burnt his hand badly last week at the kiln, | 我儿子托马斯上周在窑炉里严重烧伤了手 |
[32:43] | so I’ll be sayin’ my prayers tonight. | 所以今晚该我祈祷了 |
[32:45] | Put some honey on it, he ought. | 应该在伤口上涂些蜂蜜 |
[32:47] | Well, that should help. | 对 应该有用 |
[32:49] | It can prevent infection. | 蜂蜜能防止感染 |
[32:51] | D’ye think? | 是吗 |
[32:52] | The physician at Cross Creek | 横溪的医生说 |
[32:53] | told me honey was fer old wives. | 老妇人才用蜂蜜 |
[32:56] | Bartered for some of that St. James Fever Powder instead. | 我还用它换了些圣詹姆斯发烧粉 |
[33:00] | They say King George himself uses it. | 他们说乔治国王也用过 |
[33:03] | To ingest for a burn? | 吞服治烧伤吗 |
[33:07] | But the wound is on his hand. | 但伤口在他手上啊 |
[33:08] | Why risk it? | 为何要冒这个险 |
[33:09] | Well, exactly. | 没错 |
[33:11] | He may as well take it, if it will help. | 如果有用 他可能也会吞服 |
[33:13] | Good enough for the king, | 如果对国王有效 |
[33:15] | then it’s good enough for my boy. | 那对我的儿子也有效果 |
[33:16] | Mistress Chisolm, | 奇泽姆夫人 |
[33:17] | has Thomas been vomiting at all? | 托马斯有没有呕吐 |
[33:19] | Aye. | 有 |
[33:21] | St. James Powder contains antimony. | 圣詹姆斯发烧粉中含有锑 |
[33:25] | It’s a poison. | 它是一种毒 |
[33:26] | It makes you vomit, | 会致人呕吐 |
[33:28] | which in certain circumstances | 在特定的情况下 |
[33:29] | can make you feel better, but… | 它可以使人感觉好受一些 可是… |
[33:31] | I mean, if you take too much of it… | 如果用量过多… |
[33:32] | Ye’re a fine healer, Mistress, | 你是名出色的医生 女士 |
[33:34] | and we are blessed to have ye, | 有你在是上天眷顾 |
[33:36] | but Dr. Wilson is a learned physician. | 但威尔森医生的医术高明 |
[33:39] | Here. | 来 |
[33:40] | Can ye imagine if it was discovered that the King | 你能想得到会有人发现 |
[33:42] | was being poisoned by his own physician? | 国王一直被他的御医下毒吗 |
[33:56] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[33:58] | Just making a list. | 列个清单 |
[34:00] | Tips for preventative healthcare. | 一些预防疾病的养生建议 |
[34:02] | Hmm, telling people what to do? | 告诉人们应该做些什么吗 |
[34:05] | More importantly, what not to do. | 更重要的是 不该做什么 |
[34:07] | I’m gonna make as many copies as I can | 我要尽可能多抄一些出来 |
[34:09] | and hand them out to all the settlers. | 把它们发放给所有的定居者 |
[34:11] | And how are you gonna explain how you know these things? | 你该怎么解释你是怎么知道这些的 |
[34:15] | Sort of like Otter Tooth, isn’t it? | 就像是水獭牙一样 对吧 |
[34:18] | People even gonna listen to you? | 人们会听你的话吗 |
[34:22] | No, I very much doubt it, | 我也觉得不会 |
[34:23] | but they will listen to Dr. Rawlings. | 但他们肯定会听罗林斯医生的话 |
[34:26] | Dr. Rawlings recommends. | 罗林斯医生温馨提示 |
[34:29] | And who is Dr. Rawlings? | 罗林斯医生又是谁 |
[34:31] | The man who used to own my medical kit and my microscope, | 那个曾经拥有我的医疗箱和显微镜的人 |
[34:34] | and now the good doctor behind these radical new ideas. | 现在他则是想出这些新鲜想法的良医 |
[34:39] | Clever. | 真聪明 |
[34:42] | All right, do you have a spare pen? | 你有多余的笔吗 |
[34:45] | – Here you go. – Thank you. | -给你 -谢谢 |
[34:49] | Broken free from without. | 从外面打开的 |
[34:53] | Then there may be yet more traitors in town. | 那么镇上可能还有更多的叛徒 |
[34:57] | Mr. Fanning, | 范宁先生 |
[34:59] | perhaps you could make some enquiries? | 能请你展开调查吗 |
[35:02] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[35:10] | Mebbe this works in our favor. | 也许这样对我们有利 |
[35:13] | No doubt those men will tell Fitzgibbons | 那些人肯定会告诉菲茨吉本斯 |
[35:15] | what ye’re willing to do to bring an end to this uprising. | 你为了平息这场暴动所愿意做出的一切 |
[35:18] | We sought but one man. | 我们找到只是一个人 |
[35:21] | I fear now that war is inevitable. | 恐怕战争在所难免了 |
[35:24] | After all, | 毕竟 |
[35:25] | one man fighting for his home is worth 100… | 保家安民者遇重赏之勇夫… |
[35:27] | 100 fighting for pay. | 可以一敌百 |
[35:31] | You need more men. | 你还需要更多人手 |
[35:39] | I saw those you called at your daughter’s wedding. | 我看到你在你女儿婚礼上召集的那些人了 |
[35:44] | Not enough. | 还不够 |
[35:48] | I’ll leave tomorrow. | 我明天就动身 |
[35:50] | Gather a militia. | 建立一支民兵 |
[35:51] | Meet me here as soon as you’re able. | 你尽早在这里跟我回合 |
[35:56] | Come prepared for war. | 全副武装 准备开战 |
[36:05] | TLMSGBKV T, L, M, S, G, B, K, V? | |
[36:14] | Oh, I forgot to ask. | 我忘记问了 |
[36:16] | Did Marsali pass the test? | 玛沙利通过测试了吗 |
[36:20] | Well, I have a new apprentice. | 我收了一位新学徒 |
[36:22] | Thank you for helping me hide the body. | 谢谢你帮我把遗体藏起来 |
[36:25] | “The Apprentice Under the Root Cellar.” | 《地窖里的学徒》 |
[36:28] | Surely that’s a Nancy Drew novel begging to be written. | 这肯定能成为一部畅销侦探小说 |
[36:32] | We have another lesson tonight. | 我们今晚还有一节课 |
[36:35] | Now, look down, | 向下看 |
[36:38] | look into the light, | 看着光 |
[36:40] | and follow my finger. | 跟着我的手指移动视线 |
[36:47] | Your father, | 你的父亲 |
[36:49] | he was a spitfire pilot during the war? | 战争期间曾是一名喷火战机飞行员吗 |
[36:53] | Aye. | 是的 |
[36:55] | Jerry MacKenzie. | 杰瑞·麦肯齐 |
[36:57] | So he didn’t wear glasses? | 所以他不戴眼镜 对吗 |
[37:00] | No. | 不戴 |
[37:03] | No, I suppose, as a pilot, | 我想他应该不戴 作为一名飞行员 |
[37:04] | he must have had perfect vision. | 他的视力肯定非常好 |
[37:07] | That makes the chances of a hereditary vision problem | 所以你患有遗传性近视的可能性 |
[37:10] | a little less likely. | 比较低 |
[37:13] | So what’s the verdict? | 那诊断结果是什么 |
[37:15] | You’re slightly short-sighted in your left eye, | 你的左眼有点近视 |
[37:18] | but nothing that would cause any real difficulties. | 但没有什么大问题 |
[37:22] | So I’m just a terrible shot? | 所以我只是枪法烂 |
[37:25] | Maybe it’s psychological. | 也许是心理原因 |
[37:28] | I mean, my father may have been in the RAF, | 我父亲是在皇家空军服过役 |
[37:30] | but I was raised by a minister. | 但我是由一位牧师抚养长大的 |
[37:33] | I don’t want to shoot anyone. | 我不想射杀任何人 |
[37:35] | Brianna, on the other hand, she, um… | 但是布丽安娜 她 |
[37:38] | Have you seen her with a rifle? | 你看见过她拿着来复枪的样子吗 |
[37:40] | Well, she seems to be making do. | 她似乎还凑合 |
[37:43] | She’s happy here. | 她在这里很开心 |
[37:46] | I think she wants to stay. | 我觉得她想留下 |
[37:50] | And why wouldn’t you? | 为什么你不想呢 |
[37:51] | Want to stay, that is, | 我是说想留下 |
[37:54] | if you have all of your family around you? | 如果你能和全家人在一起 |
[37:57] | The Reverend was the last of mine. | 牧师是我最后的家人 |
[38:00] | Didn’t you tell me you had some many-times great grandparents | 你不是跟我说过你祖上的祖上的祖上 |
[38:03] | roaming around here somewhere in America? | 在美国不知什么地方转悠吗 |
[38:05] | Aye. Aye, I suppose I do. | 是啊 我想我是说过 |
[38:09] | Though, if we ever cross paths again, | 不过 如果我们还有机会再见 |
[38:11] | trying to explain to Morag MacKenzie | 要想跟莫拉格·麦肯齐解释 |
[38:12] | that we’re kin may be tricky. | 我们是亲戚关系 估计会很难 |
[38:18] | Well, either way, | 不管怎么说 |
[38:20] | we’re your family, Roger. | 我们是你的家人 罗杰 |
[38:24] | As much as I love all of you being here… | 虽然我很喜欢你们都在这里 |
[38:28] | I hope you don’t stay. | 但我不希望你们留下 |
[38:33] | I would miss you all. | 我会想念你们的 |
[38:35] | Terribly. | 会很想的 |
[38:38] | But it’s safer in the future for all three of you, | 但长远来说 这样对你们仨更安全 |
[38:41] | and I know you feel the same way. | 我知道你也是这么想的 |
[38:47] | I’m doing everything I can to make this a safer time, | 我竭尽所能想让这个时代更加安全 |
[38:49] | but it’s not. | 但事实并非如此 |
[38:54] | It’s my fault that you’re all here. | 你们全在这里都是我的错 |
[38:57] | And Jemmy, he could scrape his knee | 吉米可能会擦破膝盖 |
[38:59] | and get an infection, | 伤口感染 |
[39:02] | and I don’t know that I could save him | 我不知道我能不能救他 |
[39:03] | because I don’t have something as simple as an antibiotic. | 因为我没有像抗生素这样简单的东西 |
[39:10] | Well, it’s a moot point, isn’t it? | 这是个有争议的问题 不是吗 |
[39:14] | Brianna and I can’t go back until we know | 我和布丽安娜不能回去 除非知道 |
[39:16] | whether Jemmy can hear those stones. | 吉米是否能听到巨石的声音 |
[39:21] | That could be tomorrow… | 有可能是明天 |
[39:24] | Or a year from now. | 或是一年之后 |
[39:27] | Or never. | 或是永远听不到 |
[39:41] | What’re yer names? | 你们叫什么 |
[39:43] | Bryan Cranna and Lee Withers. | 布莱恩·克兰纳和李·威瑟斯 |
[39:46] | And the watchword? | 暗号是什么 |
[39:49] | If it hasna changed since we’ve been imprisoned, | 如果我们入狱后没变过的话就是 |
[39:52] | caisteal dhuni. | 达尼城堡 |
[39:58] | No, it hasna changed. | 是的 没变过 |
[40:01] | Friend Bryan. Friend Lee. | 布莱恩兄弟 李兄弟 |
[40:04] | ‘Tis good to see you returned. | 很高兴你们能回来 |
[40:05] | Mr. Husband. Mr. Hunter. | 哈斯本德先生 亨特先生 |
[40:08] | Have you news for us from Hillsborough? | 你们有从希尔斯堡带回什么消息吗 |
[40:11] | How is it that you are free? | 你们是怎么出狱的 |
[40:12] | Where’s Ethan? | 伊顿在哪里 |
[40:14] | A sorry tale, | 一个悲伤的故事 |
[40:16] | but I’ll tell it. | 但我会说的 |
[40:20] | Come. | 来吧 |
[40:49] | Though we mourn the loss of Ethan | 虽然我们为失去伊顿而伤痛 |
[40:51] | and long to avenge him, my godson’s right. | 渴望为他报仇 但我的教子说得对 |
[40:56] | We need to bide our time. | 我们需要等待时机 |
[40:58] | If he’s told us that we cannot return to Hillsborough… | 如果他已经说了我们不能回到希尔斯堡 |
[41:02] | There’s good reason. | 这有充分的理由 |
[41:03] | I ken ye trust him, Murtagh, | 我知道你相信他 穆塔夫 |
[41:05] | but I canna say he takes our side. | 但我不敢保证他站在我们这边 |
[41:12] | He’s walking between two fires. | 他左右为难 |
[41:14] | And ye? | 而你呢 |
[41:16] | Wavering between two fires. | 摇摆不定 |
[41:18] | Our cause on the one hand, | 一边是我们的事业 |
[41:20] | and your godson on the other. | 另一边是你的教子 |
[41:22] | Where will your allegiance lie when the time comes to fight? | 如果战争来临 你站哪边 |
[41:26] | We pray it does not come to that. | 我们祈祷事情不要发展到那个地步 |
[41:31] | If it does, we’ll be ready. | 要是开战 我们也会准备好 |
[41:37] | I have no say over my godson, | 我无法控制我的教子 |
[41:41] | and he has no say over me. | 他也不能控制我 |
[41:43] | But he stands with the crown. | 但他站在国王那边 |
[41:44] | No, he stands with his people. | 不 他站在自己的人民那边 |
[41:52] | And I stand with mine. | 而我站在我的人民这边 |
[41:57] | He’ll fight beside ye when the time comes, Bryan. | 真到那一天 他会与你并肩作战的 布莱恩 |
[42:01] | Ye have my word. | 我向你保证 |
[42:07] | She’s gone mad, she has. | 她疯了她是 |
[42:08] | Up all night baking. | 一晚上没睡就烤面包 |
[42:11] | More bread than the Lord when he fed the multitudes | 比上帝用五饼二鱼喂养他的子民时的 |
[42:14] | with the loaves and fishes. | 面包还多 |
[42:18] | Whoa. | 天哪 |
[42:20] | You’re not planning to eat all of that, are you? | 你不打算都吃完吧 |
[42:22] | No, I’m going to let it go moldy. | 不 我打算让它们发霉 |
[42:26] | What a terrible waste. | 真是太浪费了 |
[42:33] | Please tell me you’re being sarcastic. | 拜托告诉我你那是在讽刺 |
[42:35] | What, me? | 什么 我吗 |
[42:37] | Never. | 我从来不讽刺 |
[42:44] | I’m making penicillin, | 我在制造青霉素 |
[42:45] | or at least I’m going to try to. | 至少是在尝试 |
[42:49] | Okay, Mrs. Bug’s right. | 好吧 巴格太太没错 |
[42:50] | You have lost your mind. | 你确实疯了 |
[42:54] | – You can’t do that. – Yes, I can, I think. | -你不能这样 -我觉得我可以 |
[42:57] | And not just with the bread; I’ve sent Marsali out | 不光是用面包 我派玛沙利 |
[42:59] | to gather food scraps from the neighbors, | 去邻居那里搜集食物残渣了 |
[43:01] | things destined for the pig trough. | 那些沦为猪食的东西 |
[43:03] | With any luck, I’ll find the right strain. | 幸运的话 我就能找到对的菌株 |
[43:05] | No, Mama, | 不 妈妈 |
[43:06] | penicillin isn’t invented for another hundred years. | 青霉素还要过一百多年才发明呢 |
[43:10] | 157, to be precise. | 准确地说 是157年 |
[43:14] | Look, pretending to be someone else | 听着 伪装自己的身份 |
[43:16] | and writing lists | 列出一些 |
[43:18] | that go against the accepted wisdom of the day is one thing, | 超出当下人类知识的清单是一回事 |
[43:23] | but this, it’s dangerous. | 但是这样做 是很危险的 |
[43:26] | What if it messes with some cosmic balance, | 如果它要是打破了宇宙的某种平衡 |
[43:29] | or breaks some rule of space and time? | 或者违反了时空的什么法则怎么办 |
[43:35] | Isn’t this playing God? | 这难道不是行上帝之事吗 |
[43:40] | You know, Bri, you played God | 布丽 你当时也是行了上帝之事 |
[43:42] | when you came back to save our lives, | 回到这里救了我们 |
[43:45] | and I’m so glad that you did. | 我很高兴你那么做了 |
[43:48] | Now, I change the future | 我在这里每救一个人 |
[43:49] | every time I save a person’s life here, | 都是在改变未来 |
[43:53] | and Jamie, even though he’s not a time-traveler, | 还有杰米 虽然他不是穿越来的人 |
[43:56] | his very presence here has affected the future | 但他的存在就影响了 |
[43:58] | of a lot of people who aren’t breathing anymore, | 许多死人的未来 |
[44:01] | and a few who are, like you… | 还有一些活人的未来 比如你 |
[44:06] | And Jemmy. | 还有吉米 |
[44:10] | So time, space, | 所以时空 |
[44:13] | history be damned. | 历史 都去它的 |
[44:28] | *Jeremiah was a bullfrog* | *杰里迈亚是个小牛蛙* |
[44:31] | *Was a good friend of mine* | *是我的好朋友* |
[44:34] | *I never understood a single word he said* | *我听不懂他的话* |
[44:37] | *But I helped him drink his wine* | *但我帮他喝红酒* |
[44:41] | *And he always had a mighty fine wine* | *他那里总是有好酒* |
[44:44] | *Singing joy to the world* | *他的歌谣让世界快乐* |
[44:48] | *All the boys and girls* | *让男孩女孩们快乐* |
[44:51] | *Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea* | *让那深蓝大海的鱼群快乐* |
[44:54] | *Joy to you and me* | *让你我快乐* |
[44:58] | You’re not a bullfrog, are you, Jeremiah? | 你不是小牛蛙吧 是不是 杰里迈亚 |
[45:02] | But it’s true. | 但真的 |
[45:03] | I canna understand a single word you’re saying. | 我是听不懂你说的话 |
[45:06] | I love that song. | 我喜欢那首歌 |
[45:13] | You’re a good dad. You know that? | 你是个好父亲 你知道吗 |
[45:18] | Here, I’ll take that. | 来 我拿 |
[45:19] | You can sit with Jemmy. | 你陪陪吉米 |
[45:27] | Go. | 去吧 |
[45:28] | Hi, where you going? | 你去哪儿呢 |
[45:30] | Hey, Jem. | 小吉 |
[45:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[46:22] | Roger! Roger, get out here quick! | 罗杰 罗杰 快出来 |
[46:29] | Da, you missed it, but Roger, he’s walking! | 爸 你错过了 罗杰 他在走路 |
[46:32] | He’s walking! Can you believe it? | 他在走路 你能信吗 |
[46:36] | Look at our baby! He’s walking! | 瞧瞧我们的孩子 他在走路 |
[46:46] | I know! | 我知道 |
[46:50] | Come on! Come on! | 加油 加油 |
[47:00] | One of these on the larger girl. | 押个儿大的女孩 |
[47:02] | Thank you very much. | 谢了 |
[47:10] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[47:11] | Put some strength into it! | 使点劲 |
[47:13] | Mr. Forbes! Fancy seeing you here. | 福布斯先生 没想到在这里见到你 |
[47:15] | I’d like to introduce you to an associate of mine. | 我想为你介绍一下我的生意伙伴 |
[47:18] | May I present Mr. Stephen Bonnet. | 这位是斯蒂芬·邦内特先生 |
[47:23] | Pleased to make your acquaintance. | 很高兴认识你 |
[47:29] | A gambling man, are you, Mr. Bonnet? | 你是赌徒吧 邦内特先生 |
[47:31] | I’ve been known to bet on the cocks, | 大家都知道我赌鸡 |
[47:34] | but truth be told, | 但是说实话 |
[47:34] | I find the sight of two women engaged | 我看到两个女人进行如此激烈的战斗 |
[47:36] | in such violent combat vulgar. | 觉得很粗俗 |
[47:40] | One claims the other cost her 20 shillings. | 一个女人说另一个害她损失了20先令 |
[47:43] | Stole her fancy man two nights in a row. | 连续两个晚上抢走了她的梦中情人 |
[47:48] | Far from bein’ the gentler sex today. | 今天远不是温柔的性爱啊 |
[47:51] | Then again, I’m not one to pass up a good wager. | 话又说回来 我不会放弃一次好赌注 |
[47:55] | My money is on the stocky damsel. | 我押的是矮壮的女子 |
[48:00] | I put a stake on the vicious little harlot. | 我押的是有狠劲的小妓女 |
[48:05] | So how is it you know Mr. Turnbull? | 你怎么认识特恩布尔先生的 |
[48:08] | Oh, Mr. Bonnet has facilitated the transport | 邦内特先生帮助我 |
[48:11] | of various proprietary goods for me and many others | 和许多希望避免国王征税的人 |
[48:14] | who wish to avoid the King’s levies. | 运输各种专用货物 |
[48:17] | He’s very discreet in his dealings. | 他做生意很谨慎 |
[48:21] | One good turn. | 善有善报 |
[48:22] | Indeed. | 的确 |
[48:23] | I’m glad we have… How shall I put it… | 很高兴我们 我该怎么说 |
[48:26] | Untethered you from your past, Mr. Bonnet. | 把你从过去解脱出来了 邦内特先生 |
[48:32] | It will be a pleasure doing business with you, Mr. Forbes, | 与你合作将是一件愉快的事 福布斯先生 |
[48:35] | should the need arise. | 如果你需要的话 |
[48:39] | I’ll surely keep that in mind. | 我会牢记在心的 |
[48:52] | Come on! | 使劲 |
[48:59] | What did I tell you? | 我怎么跟你说的 |
[49:01] | I know a winner when I see one. | 我认得出谁是赢家 |
[49:03] | And I know a cheater when I see one. | 我认得出谁在作弊 |
[49:07] | Clearly you know that woman. | 显然你认识那女人 |
[49:09] | What are you implying? | 你什么意思 |
[49:11] | You’re in league with the woman. | 你跟那女人是一伙的 |
[49:12] | You knew when she’d go down. | 你知道她什么时候会倒下 |
[49:14] | I know who you are, Mr. Bonnet. | 我知道你是谁 邦内特先生 |
[49:16] | I assure you, you’re quite mistaken. | 我向你保证 你完全错了 |
[49:18] | Damn your eyes, sir. | 你这不长眼的 |
[49:21] | I prefer to lose with honor rather than win by trickery. | 我情愿光荣地失败 也不愿用诡计取胜 |
[49:27] | I think it’s you that’s insulted my honor, sir. | 我觉得是你侮辱了我的荣誉 先生 |
[49:34] | Let us settle this like gentlemen. | 让我们像绅士一样解决这个问题 |
[49:45] | Come on, Bonnet! | 加油 邦内特 |
[49:50] | Come on! | 加油 |
[50:05] | Yield. Yield. | 认输 认输 |
[50:19] | ‘Tis not my eyes that will be damned, sir. | 不长眼的可不是我 先生 |
[50:36] | ‘Tis unlike you, Bonnet. | 这可不像你 邦内特 |
[50:39] | Why not kill the man outright? | 你为什么不直接杀了他 |
[50:41] | I considered it, | 我考虑过 |
[50:43] | but I must set a better example. | 但我必须树立更好的榜样 |
[50:48] | I’m a father now. | 我现在当爸爸了 |