时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | No. I’m going to let it go moldy. | 不 我打算让它们发霉 |
[00:03] | I’m making penicillin, | 我在制造青霉素 |
[00:04] | or at least I’m going to try to. | 至少是在尝试 |
[00:06] | The time has come for you to fulfill your oath. | 已经到了兑现你诺言的时刻 |
[00:08] | Gather your men. | 集合你的人 |
[00:09] | I want Murtagh Fitzgibbons and his insurgents | 我要穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯和一众叛徒 |
[00:11] | brought to justice. | 被绳之以法 |
[00:12] | Do not disappoint me, Colonel. | 别让我失望 上校 |
[00:15] | Roger. | 罗杰 |
[00:16] | If I call up a militia, he’ll be expected to fight. | 如果组成民兵 他也要战斗 |
[00:18] | He’s not ready for that. | 他还没准备好 |
[00:20] | – Captain Roger MacKenzie. – Captain? | -罗杰·麦肯齐上尉 -上尉 |
[00:23] | Where is Murtagh Fitzgibbons? | 穆塔夫·菲茨吉本斯在哪里 |
[00:28] | You executed a man without trial! | 你未经审判就处死了一个人 |
[00:31] | Josiah, the hunter. | 猎人约西亚 |
[00:33] | Abscessed tonsils. | 扁桃体脓肿 |
[00:35] | I can remove them. | 我能摘除脓肿 |
[00:36] | If Claire does this for ye, lad, | 如果克莱尔帮你治好了病 孩子 |
[00:37] | you’ll settle at the Ridge? | 你就去山脊定居 |
[00:39] | Do the hunting when I’m away? | 我不在的时候打打猎 |
[00:41] | Thank ye. | 谢谢 |
[00:55] | How d’ye ken what to look for? | 你怎么知道要找什么 |
[00:59] | That is a very good question… | 这是个好问题 |
[01:03] | just the sort of question you should be asking. | 你就该问这种问题 |
[01:07] | Well? | 所以呢 |
[01:08] | Well, what sort of teacher would I be | 我要是直接告诉你所有答案 |
[01:11] | if I simply gave you all the answers? | 我还算好老师吗 |
[01:14] | Now, how do you think I know what to look for? | 你觉得我为什么知道要找什么 |
[01:19] | From an experiment? | 根据经验 |
[01:22] | From a book… | 从书里看来的 |
[01:24] | in Boston, perhaps? | 也许在波士顿 |
[01:26] | They seem to have all sorts of newfangled ideas and things there. | 那里的人好像有各种各样新奇的想法 |
[01:32] | Yes, they do. | 没错 |
[01:37] | So? | 所以呢 |
[01:39] | So… the mold is gray or white, | 所以 霉菌是灰色或白色的 |
[01:44] | ye said. | 你说过 |
[01:46] | Or… | 或是… |
[01:48] | Light blue, sometimes green. | 淡蓝色 有时是绿色 |
[01:50] | Aye, and we’re trying to avoid | 对 要尽量避免 |
[01:53] | dark green and black. | 深绿色和黑色 |
[01:55] | Those are the harmful molds. | 那些是有害的霉菌 |
[01:57] | And the more food we have, the more likely we are | 我们有越多食物 就越有可能 |
[02:00] | to find the kind of mold that’s useful as medicine. | 找到能用作药物的霉菌 |
[02:04] | Very good. | 很好 |
[02:05] | And soon we’ll start looking at it under a microscope. | 很快我们就开始放到显微镜下观察 |
[02:10] | And what then? | 然后怎么办 |
[02:12] | Well, then… the real work begins. | 然后 真正的工作就开始了 |
[02:29] | Jamie and I had tried in the past and failed | 我和杰米过去曾尝试 |
[02:32] | to stop history from happening. | 阻止历史发生 都失败了 |
[02:35] | What I was doing now was different. | 我现在做的事不一样 |
[02:37] | I was literally tempting fate, | 我简直是在挑战命运 |
[02:40] | willing events to happen, bringing the future forward. | 决心让某些事发生 让未来提前到来 |
[02:44] | Penicillin was one of those newfangled things | 青霉素是其中一样 |
[02:47] | I hoped would have a place in the past, | 我希望过去能有的新奇东西 |
[02:50] | and I was daring history to try and stop me. | 我看历史敢不敢出手阻止我 |
[03:10] | Damn. | 该死 |
[05:46] | Deo gratias. | 承神之佑 |
[05:59] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[06:29] | What are you thanking the Lord for? | 你为什么感谢上帝 |
[06:39] | For the sight of you, Sassenach. | 感谢祂让我见到你 英格兰人 |
[06:58] | You liked Lieutenant Knox. | 你喜欢诺克斯中尉 |
[07:04] | I did. | 是的 |
[07:05] | Even though Ethan provoked him, I… | 虽然伊顿激怒了他 但我… |
[07:08] | I didna think he’d act so vengefully, so recklessly. | 我没想到他会表现得如此复仇心切 鲁莽草率 |
[07:15] | You can’t feel responsible for the choices others make. | 其他人做的选择 你不能觉得自己有责任 |
[07:20] | You made yours by freeing those men, | 你释放那些人就是做出了你的选择 |
[07:23] | and hopefully it’ll make a difference. | 希望那会改变一切 |
[07:28] | That’s what I fear. | 我正是惧怕这个 |
[07:30] | It willna. | 不能改变什么 |
[07:33] | Those men told me they have an army now. | 那些人告诉我他们现在有一支军队 |
[07:38] | I saw it with my own eyes. | 我亲眼看到了 |
[07:41] | They’re not afraid to face death. | 他们不怕面对死亡 |
[07:45] | Right now… Murtagh’s safe, | 现在 穆塔夫安全了 |
[07:49] | and you’re home. | 你也回家了 |
[07:53] | I’ve missed you. | 我很想你 |
[07:58] | Everyone will be so happy to have you back. | 你回来了 大家都会很高兴的 |
[08:05] | I doubt our tenants would share your sentiments, | 恐怕我们佃户的想法和你不一样 |
[08:09] | at least not those who swore an oath to me. | 至少那些对我起过誓的 |
[08:15] | I, uh… | 我… |
[08:23] | I must gather a militia, | 我得建立一支民兵 |
[08:26] | as many men as I can muster, | 召集尽可能多的人 |
[08:28] | return to Hillsborough with all due speed. | 以最快速度返回希尔斯堡 |
[08:35] | To fight? | 去打仗吗 |
[08:41] | I hope not. | 希望不是 |
[08:46] | Knox sent word, asked Tryon for reinforcements. | 诺克斯传话来 请求泰伦增援 |
[08:52] | If I can gather enough men… | 如果我能召集足够人手… |
[08:55] | A show of force to prevent war. | 就能通过展示武力避免开战 |
[09:01] | Whatever happens with the Regulators, | 不管监管者发生了什么 |
[09:03] | there isn’t anything written about it, as far as I know. | 据我所知 都完全没有这方面的历史记载 |
[09:07] | So it can’t amount to much. | 所以影响不会很大 |
[09:10] | Well, the man Knox killed | 诺克斯杀的那个人 |
[09:11] | might disagree with the historians about what it amounts to. | 恐怕不会赞同历史学家认为的影响不大 |
[09:18] | I’m coming with you. | 我和你一起去 |
[09:24] | If there is a war with the Regulators… | 若是我们和监管者开战… |
[09:26] | Then you’ll need a physician. | 那你们就需要医生 |
[09:30] | You know, Murtagh, Knox, Tryon, | 穆塔夫 诺克斯 泰伦 |
[09:33] | they’ve all made their choices. | 他们都做出了自己的选择 |
[09:37] | And I’ve made mine. | 我也做了我的 |
[09:41] | You need my help. | 你需要我的帮助 |
[09:48] | I always have. | 一直都是 |
[09:53] | And I always will. | 也一直都会 |
[10:04] | Grand-Père! | 爷爷 |
[10:05] | Germain. | 热尔曼 |
[10:08] | Yer friend Thomas is here. | 你的朋友托马斯来了 |
[10:10] | Take this and share it wi’ him. | 拿这个去跟他一起玩吧 |
[10:11] | Dinna tell yer ma. | 别告诉你妈 |
[10:20] | I saw Ronnie at the still. | 我在蒸馏室遇到罗尼了 |
[10:22] | He said you were gathering the militia. | 他说你在集结民兵 |
[10:25] | Aye. | 对 |
[10:26] | I’m glad ye’re here. | 我很高兴你来了 |
[10:28] | Perhaps ye could deliver a advertisement | 或许你能帮我送张告示 |
[10:30] | to the printer in Woolam’s Creek. | 给伍拉姆溪的印刷工 |
[10:33] | Let me fetch a pen and some paper. | 我去拿纸笔 |
[10:51] | Commencez. | 说吧[法语] |
[10:52] | “Colonel James Fraser, | “我 詹姆斯·弗雷泽上校 |
[10:54] | in command of a militia company for Rowan County, | 罗文县民兵队队长 |
[10:59] | raised against the Regulators. | 将举兵反抗监管者 |
[11:02] | To all good and able men between the age of 16 and 60. | 致所有年龄在16到60岁间的健康男子 |
[11:07] | I’ll be passing through the county | 我将在全县境内 |
[11:08] | commencing on the 21st of this month to recruit men.” | 从本月21日起征集民兵” |
[11:13] | – So soon? – Aye. | -这么快吗 -没错 |
[11:16] | Have them print a dozen broadsheets. | 让他们印上十二张大幅纸 |
[11:18] | We’ll post them out to the settlements hereabouts. | 我们把这附近的定居点都贴上 |
[11:20] | I sent Roger Mac to tell the men o’ the Ridge | 我派了罗杰去通知山脊的人马 |
[11:22] | we’ll be leaving in a week. | 我们一周后就走 |
[11:25] | Ye’ll be back in time to join us. | 你要准时回来加入 |
[11:26] | We’ll be taking yer whisky wi’ us, | 我们会带上你的威士忌 |
[11:29] | share it wi’ the men who enlist. | 跟应征的民兵们一起分享 |
[11:31] | It’s the finest I’ve tasted since leaving Scotland. | 那是我从离开苏格兰之后喝过最好的酒 |
[11:34] | I’m grateful, milord. | 谢谢你 老爷 |
[11:36] | As am I. Go now. | 也谢谢你 去吧 |
[11:41] | And hurry home. | 然后快回家 |
[12:40] | We’ll gather more men along the way, | 我们沿路再征集更多人马 |
[12:42] | stop in Brownsville first. | 先去布朗斯维尔 |
[12:44] | – Aye, Colonel. – Aye, Colonel. | -是 上校 -是 上校 |
[12:51] | I’m hoping ye willna need use of it. | 希望你用不到它 |
[12:54] | Milord. | 老爷 |
[12:57] | A letter for you has arrived from… | 有一封给你的信… |
[12:59] | Ah, I, uh… I ken who sent it. | 我知道是谁寄来的 |
[13:03] | Thank ye, lad. | 谢谢你 小子 |
[13:07] | Thank you, Mrs. Bug. | 谢谢你 巴格太太 |
[13:08] | And where’s Mr. Trouble? | 还有小麻烦先生呢 |
[13:10] | You behave yourself while we’re away. | 你会在我们走的时候乖乖的吧 |
[13:14] | Have a safe journey. | 一路顺风 |
[13:17] | Keep up your studies. | 继续学习 |
[13:18] | You may have to sew up a wound at some point. | 以后你可能需要缝合伤口 |
[13:21] | So keep practicing your stitching. | 所以继续练习缝针 |
[13:25] | Remember? | 记住了吗 |
[13:26] | Pig flesh is a good substitute for human tissue. | 猪肉是很好的人体组织替代物 |
[13:29] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[13:30] | And I’ve left you some drawings of penicillium mold. | 我还给你留了些青霉菌的图画 |
[13:33] | So look in the microscope like I showed you. | 记得像我教你的那样用显微镜观察 |
[13:35] | I will. | 我会的 |
[13:38] | Bree, will you help Marsali with her reading? | 布丽 你能帮玛沙利认字吗 |
[13:40] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:46] | I’m going to miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[13:49] | I’ll write from Hillsborough | 如果要久留 |
[13:51] | if it looks like we have to stay long. | 我会从希尔斯堡写信给你 |
[13:54] | Bye, Mama. Take care of yourself. | 再见 妈妈 照顾好你自己 |
[14:00] | Reminds me of the time I was saying good-bye to your father | 这让我想起来原来我去参战时 |
[14:02] | on the station platform when I was going off to war. | 在月台和你父亲告别的场面了 |
[14:05] | Mama, this is not gonna be a war. | 妈妈 不会有战争的 |
[14:10] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[14:11] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[14:34] | I feel like Scarlett O’Hara, | 我觉得自己像斯嘉丽·奥哈拉 |
[14:37] | all the men leaving the plantations. | 看着男人们离开种植园 |
[14:47] | You should be honored. | 你该感到荣幸 |
[14:50] | Jamie left you in charge of the place. | 杰米把这里都交给你管了 |
[14:52] | What does that even mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[14:55] | Welcome to my world, where no amount of studying | 欢迎来到我的世界 再多的知识 |
[14:58] | can prepare you for what’s to come. | 也无法让你准备好迎接未来的事 |
[15:00] | Well, I guess that applies to life in any time. | 我猜那适用于人生所有时候 |
[15:03] | Oh, there we are. | 太棒了 |
[15:05] | There’s that pioneering spirit we’re looking for. | 这才是我们想看到的开拓精神 |
[16:00] | Push, lads! Push! | 推 伙计们 用力推 |
[16:02] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[16:04] | Push! | 推 |
[16:06] | Well done, lads. | 干得好 伙计们 |
[16:23] | Ronnie, take Evan and fetch more wood for the fire. | 罗尼 带上埃文再去捡些木头来生火 |
[16:26] | Looks to be a cold night. | 看来今晚会很冷 |
[16:28] | Aye, Colonel. | 是的 上校 |
[16:30] | There’s, uh, something I must tell you, Sassenach. | 我有话要和你说 英格兰人 |
[16:47] | I, uh… couldna tell ye at the wedding. | 我…我在婚礼上说不出口 |
[16:52] | Then I left wi’ Knox, and… | 然后我就和诺克斯一起走了… |
[16:56] | I wanted to be certain. | 我想先确定 |
[17:02] | Stephen Bonnet is alive. | 斯蒂芬·邦内特还活着 |
[17:12] | But the explosion at the jail… | 但是监狱的爆炸… |
[17:15] | Lord John told me that… | 约翰大人告诉我 |
[17:17] | Bonnet’s body wasna found among the rubble. | 在废墟里没有找到邦内特的尸体 |
[17:21] | He made further inquiries… | 他又进行了调查… |
[17:26] | Confirmed sightings of Bonnet in Wilmington. | 证实有人在威明顿看到了邦内特 |
[17:30] | He’s smuggling again. | 他又干起了走私 |
[17:35] | Bree doesn’t know, does she? | 布丽不知道吧 |
[17:38] | No. | 是的 |
[17:43] | Well, that’s one small blessing. | 这算是一点万幸 |
[17:47] | Aye, when I thought Black Jack dead, | 是啊 当初我以为黑杰克死了时 |
[17:51] | it allowed me some peace. | 才放下心来 |
[17:54] | Peace from contemplating revenge. | 从复仇中解脱出来 |
[18:00] | Half o’ me hopes never to see that bastard Bonnet again. | 我内心中有一部分再也不想看到那个混蛋邦内特 |
[18:12] | We’ll not have time for drills. | 我们没有时间操练 |
[18:15] | So we need to teach ’em to fight like Highlanders: | 所以得教他们像高地人一样战斗 |
[18:17] | gather or scatter on our command. | 听我们的命令集合和撤退 |
[18:20] | Aye. | 是 |
[18:23] | All quiet out there, Colonel. | 外面很平静 上校 |
[18:26] | Cold as charity, though. | 不过冷得要死 |
[18:29] | Fergus and Morton are guarding the cart | 费格斯和莫顿守着外面 |
[18:31] | from bears and whatnot. | 不让熊之类的动物靠近 |
[18:35] | Coldest damn spring I can remember. | 这简直是我记忆里最冷的春天 |
[18:38] | I can barely feel my bollocks. | 我的蛋都冻麻了 |
[18:41] | Aye, I went for a pish, but I couldna find it. | 是啊 我刚刚去尿尿都摸不到 |
[18:48] | Dinna put yer feet to the fire. | 别把脚离火太近 |
[18:49] | Scorch the soles o’ your boots if ye’re too close. | 不然的话会烧穿你们的靴子 |
[18:51] | See? | 看 |
[18:53] | Ah, it’s better than setting yer hair on fire. | 总比头发着火好 |
[18:54] | I dinna think my brother needs to worry too much about that. | 我觉得我弟弟应该不用担心这个 |
[18:58] | Unlike Roger Mac, eh? | 不像罗杰·麦肯齐 |
[19:00] | He as furry as a bear. | 他和熊一样毛发茂盛 |
[19:02] | Aye, I’ll go give Fergus and Morton | 是啊 我要去把费格斯和莫顿 |
[19:04] | the fright of their lives. | 吓个半死 |
[19:08] | What say you, Mac Dubh, eh? Heads or tails? | 怎么说 布莱恩之子 正面还是反面 |
[19:13] | Nae bother, lads. | 不用了 伙计们 |
[19:14] | I’ll sleep warm no matter how I’m laid. | 我怎么睡都暖和 |
[19:19] | That’s what you think. | 你自己这么以为而已 |
[19:29] | Stop! Thief! | 站住 小偷 |
[19:32] | Stop! Thief! Stop! | 站住 小偷 站住 |
[19:40] | – No! – Come here. | -不 -过来 |
[19:41] | No! | 不 |
[19:45] | Caught him pilfering provisions. | 抓到他偷东西 |
[19:46] | – Josiah? – This is the hunter? | -约西亚 -这是那个猎人吗 |
[19:49] | What are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[19:51] | Fergus, can you get him a blanket? | 费格斯 给他拿一条毯子 |
[19:54] | Josiah… what’s wrong? | 约西亚 怎么了 |
[19:58] | Wait. | 等等 |
[20:01] | Didn’t he have a scar on his right hand? | 他的右手上不是有一道疤吗 |
[20:05] | Yes, a thief’s brand. | 是的 小偷的烙印 |
[20:06] | He is that. | 他就是小偷 |
[20:20] | Speak up, lad. | 说吧 小子 |
[20:23] | That’s Keziah… my brother. | 那是肯齐亚 我的兄弟 |
[20:38] | Look, lad, | 伙计 |
[20:39] | there’s a bargain between us. | 我们说好的 |
[20:41] | Ye’re my tenant. | 你是我的佃户 |
[20:44] | Ye have my protection. | 我会保护你 |
[20:45] | I have a right to the truth. | 你也该告诉我真相 |
[20:50] | Kezzie and I are indentured to a man | 我和肯齐在这附近的一个人 |
[20:53] | who lives not far from here. | 手下当仆人 |
[20:56] | I ran away a year ago. | 我一年前跑了 |
[20:59] | Wi’out your brother? | 没带上你的兄弟吗 |
[21:00] | It isn’t safe for him in the woods with me. | 他和我一起跑进森林里不安全 |
[21:02] | He can’t hear nothing coming up on him. | 他什么都听不见 |
[21:04] | I promised to come back for him | 我保证等我安定下来 |
[21:06] | when I had a situation for myself, | 我就会回去找他 |
[21:07] | which I have now, thanks to you. | 现在多亏了你 我站稳了脚跟 |
[21:11] | So I went back for him last night. | 于是我昨晚回去找他 |
[21:13] | We made camp in the woods, and when I woke up… | 我们在树林里扎了营 等我醒来… |
[21:17] | He has half starving when I got him, sir. | 我找到他时 他就已经饿得半死 先生 |
[21:19] | When he saw your provisions, I… | 他看到你们的粮草后 我… |
[21:21] | Ye’re welcome to the food, lad. | 你们可以随便吃 孩子 |
[21:34] | Jo, more. | 约 还要 |
[21:38] | He’d like some more. | 他还想要一些 |
[21:41] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[21:53] | Has he always been deaf? | 他一直都听不见吗 |
[21:55] | Since we were five, Mistress. | 我们5岁起他就听不见了 夫人 |
[21:58] | Our master boxed his ears. | 我们的主人打聋了他的耳朵 |
[22:06] | May I have a look? Will you ask him? | 我能看看吗 你能问问他吗 |
[22:09] | He can read your lips when you talk, Mistress. | 他能读你的唇语 夫人 |
[22:11] | And he knows words, only he’s shy about using ’em. | 他也会说一些话 只不过不好意思说 |
[22:16] | May I have a look at your ears? | 我能看看你的耳朵吗 |
[22:19] | Why isn’t he wearing any breeches? | 他为什么没有穿马裤 |
[22:22] | He took ’em off in the barn where he slept. | 他睡在谷仓里时把裤子脱掉了 |
[22:25] | The barn cat had her kittens on ’em. | 谷仓里的猫咪在他的裤子上生了崽 |
[22:27] | When I got him last night, | 我昨晚找到他时 |
[22:29] | he said he didn’t want to wake ’em. | 他说他不想吵醒它们 |
[22:45] | Ruptured eardrums. | 耳膜破了 |
[22:48] | Surprised they haven’t healed. | 居然还没有愈合 |
[22:51] | Though I suspect that wasn’t the only time | 不过我怀疑这不是你的主人第一次 |
[22:53] | your master boxed your ears. | 打你的耳朵了 |
[22:55] | Aye, Mistress. | 是的 夫人 |
[23:00] | Have ye any other family, lad? | 你还有其他家人吗 孩子 |
[23:02] | No. | 没了 |
[23:03] | We came across on a ship with our parents and our four sisters, | 我们坐船来的 跟父母和四个姐姐一起 |
[23:09] | but all of them perished from illness at sea. | 但他们渡海的时候都得病死了 |
[23:12] | So I’m told. | 我听说如此 |
[23:13] | We were but two. | 我们仅剩两个人 |
[23:16] | Mistress said we kent only our Christian names. | 夫人说只知道我们的受洗名 |
[23:19] | That was the first Mistress Beardsley. | 那是第一位比尔兹利夫人 |
[23:21] | Beardsley’s the name of the man who bought you. | 比尔兹利是买下你们的男人的名字 |
[23:23] | Aye. | 对 |
[23:25] | He’s an Indian trader. | 他是个印度贸易商 |
[23:27] | Ship’s captain sold us for a term of 30 years. | 船长以三十年为期把我们卖给了他 |
[23:32] | 30 years? | 三十年 |
[23:34] | And that scar on your hand, | 你手上的疤痕 |
[23:35] | that have anything to do with your running away? | 跟你逃跑有关系吗 |
[23:37] | I stole a cheese in town and the dairymaid saw me. | 我在城里偷了块奶酪 被挤奶女工看到了 |
[23:40] | Sheriff branded me as a warning, | 警长给我打烙印以示惩戒 |
[23:43] | but if Mr. Beardsley found out… | 但如果比尔兹利先生知道的话… |
[23:47] | You won’t send us back to him, will you, Colonel Fraser? | 你不会把我们送回去给他吧 弗雷泽上校 |
[23:51] | He beat us bad, starved us, as ye can see. | 他痛打我们 让我们饿肚子 如你所见 |
[23:56] | I willna send ye back. | 我不会送你们回去 |
[24:00] | But I’ll need to purchase your indenture | 但我得买下你们的契约 |
[24:02] | so he has no claim on ye. | 这样他就不能再说你们是他的人 |
[24:05] | Is he home, d’ye ken, or away trading? | 你们知道他在家吗 还是出去做生意了 |
[24:07] | I canna say. | 我说不上来 |
[24:09] | But I saw his horse in the barn when I got my brother. | 但我去接弟弟的时候看到他的马在畜棚里 |
[24:13] | Be careful, sir. | 小心 先生 |
[24:20] | Captain. | 上尉 |
[24:28] | Take these lads and the rest of the company | 带上这些孩子和其他的人 |
[24:31] | and continue to Brownsville. | 继续前往布朗斯维尔吧 |
[24:33] | Fill that muster book of yers with as many men as ye can. | 招募尽可能多的人 填满你的登记簿 |
[24:39] | Ye ken what’s at stake here. | 你知道现在的利害关系 |
[24:41] | I do. | 的确 |
[24:43] | I won’t let you down. | 我不会让你失望的 |
[24:48] | Claire and I will go see this Mr. Beardsley. | 我会跟克莱尔去见见这个比尔兹利先生 |
[25:00] | I wonder how the dairymaid could be certain it was Josiah | 我很好奇挤奶女工怎么那么确定 |
[25:03] | who stole that cheese. | 是约西亚偷了奶酪 |
[25:06] | You think it was Kezzie but Josiah took the blame? | 你觉得是肯齐干的 但约西亚承认了 |
[25:09] | And the punishment. Aye, mebbe. | 并接受了惩罚 或许吧 |
[25:12] | He’s a brave lad. | 他是个勇敢的年轻人 |
[25:16] | Ye must cut that brand off of him, Sassenach. | 你必须帮他洗掉那个烙印 英格兰人 |
[25:20] | There are thieftakers in these parts. | 这些地方都有警察 |
[25:23] | Will ye do it like ye did for me? | 你会像之前为我做的那样做吗 |
[25:26] | Of course. | 当然 |
[25:27] | Ah, if we’re to buy his indenture, | 如果我们要买下他的契约 |
[25:30] | we must ensure he’s truly free of his past. | 我们必须确保他真的摆脱过去了 |
[25:35] | Ah, we’re here. | 我们到了 |
[25:37] | Ho! The house! | 停 有房子 |
[25:51] | You think they’ve gone looking for the boy? | 你觉得他们去找失踪的男孩了吗 |
[25:56] | Someone’s home. | 有人在家 |
[25:58] | I’ll check the barn. | 我去看看畜棚 |
[27:49] | Go away. | 滚 |
[27:52] | Good morning to you, Mistress. | 夫人 早上好 |
[27:54] | I’m Colonel James Fraser of Fraser’s Ridge. | 我是弗雷泽山脊的詹姆斯·弗雷泽上校 |
[27:56] | I must speak with your husband. | 我得跟你丈夫谈谈 |
[27:58] | Husband’s dead. | 死了 |
[28:01] | I’m sorry to hear that. | 很抱歉听到这个噩耗 |
[28:03] | I must speak with ye, then. | 那我就得跟你谈谈了 |
[28:05] | I’ve found myself in possession of yer two bond servants, | 你的两个契约仆人在我手上 |
[28:09] | and I would like to purchase their indentures. | 所以我想买下他们的契约 |
[28:11] | I’m certain we can arrange… | 我想我们可以安排… |
[28:12] | Keep ’em. I got no use for ’em. | 留着吧 我也用不上 |
[28:30] | Was that him? | 是他吗 |
[28:33] | Beardsley’s dead. | 比尔兹利死了 |
[28:35] | I spoke with his wife. | 我跟他妻子谈过了 |
[28:36] | She told me to keep the lads, free of charge. | 她让我留着两个孩子 不用买 |
[28:38] | Well, that’s good, isn’t it? | 是好事 对吧 |
[28:42] | I need their papers. | 我需要他们的契约 |
[28:43] | If we dinna have their indentures, | 如果拿不到他们的契约 |
[28:44] | she could change her mind. | 她可能会改主意 |
[28:48] | Oh, there’s something very strange about this place, Jamie. | 杰米 这里感觉很诡异 |
[28:51] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[28:53] | I’ll be quick. | 我很快回来 |
[29:10] | I need those papers. | 我需要契约文件 |
[29:59] | I don’t know where Mr. Beardsley would have kept their papers. | 我不知道比尔兹利先生把他们的契约放在哪里 |
[30:07] | What about in that… that desk there? | 会不会在那边那个桌子上 |
[30:19] | Why do you keep the goats indoors? | 你为什么把羊养在屋里 |
[30:22] | It’s too cold for ’em in the barn. | 畜棚里面太冷了 |
[30:25] | Too cold for the goats but not for the bond servant? | 对山羊太冷了 对仆人却不会吗 |
[30:29] | You want them papers or not? | 你想不想要他们的契约了 |
[30:31] | Ay. | 想 |
[30:34] | Aye, we do. | 我们想要 |
[30:39] | Christ. What was that? | 天哪 那是什么声音 |
[30:45] | Mrs. Beardsley. | 比尔兹利夫人 |
[30:50] | Shoo! Out! Come on, out. | 出去 快点 出去 |
[30:53] | Tch. Shoo. | 滚开 |
[31:11] | Stay away from there. | 别靠近那里 |
[31:22] | That’s just Billy. | 只是比利 |
[31:24] | We keep him in there so he doesn’t rut with the others. | 把它关在那是为了不让它和其它羊乱搞 |
[31:30] | Oh, God damn it. | 该死的 |
[31:32] | No, stay here. Keep looking. | 待在这 继续找 |
[31:41] | Go! Tch! Tch! Out! Out! | 走 出去 出去 |
[31:53] | Maybe he lost the papers. | 他可能把文件弄丢了 |
[31:57] | That smell… | 这个味道 |
[32:01] | It isn’t goat. | 不是山羊的味道 |
[32:04] | I don’t smell nothing. | 我什么都没闻到 |
[32:16] | Your husband… when did he die? | 你的丈夫什么时候死的 |
[32:21] | A few months ago. | 几个月前 |
[32:36] | What’s upstairs? | 楼上是什么 |
[32:38] | Don’t go up there! | 别上去 |
[33:28] | Sassenach? | 英格兰人 |
[33:29] | Jamie! | 杰米 |
[33:36] | Sassenach! | 英格兰人 |
[33:42] | I think we found Mr. Beardsley. | 他应该就是比尔兹利先生 |
[33:46] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[33:47] | If I had to guess, I would say he suffered a stroke, | 我猜他应该是中风了 |
[33:50] | an apoplexy, you’d call it. | 就是你们说的卒中 |
[33:53] | He’s lying in his own filth. | 他躺在自己的污垢中 |
[33:55] | Aye. | 是啊 |
[33:57] | Here, hold this. | 拿好蜡烛 |
[34:06] | Shh. It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[34:08] | Don’t try to talk. | 别说话 |
[34:11] | We’re here to help you. | 我们是来帮你的 |
[34:16] | He’s been lying here for weeks, if not months. | 他在这躺了没有几个月也有几周了 |
[34:20] | God’s judgment, do ye think? | 这是天意 你说呢 |
[34:26] | Not entirely God’s. Look. | 不全是 看那个 |
[34:29] | She’s been feeding him just enough to keep him alive. | 她一直在喂他吃的 刚好够他活着 |
[34:33] | In misery. | 痛苦地活着 |
[34:36] | Is there aught ye can do for him? | 你有办法救他吗 |
[34:40] | For the apoplexy, no. | 卒中我没办法 |
[34:42] | But to do a proper assessment, I need better light. | 但我可以好好检查一下他 需要更亮的光线 |
[34:50] | You said he was dead. | 你说他死了 |
[34:52] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[34:55] | He chased me, | 他追赶我 |
[34:57] | struck me. | 打我 |
[35:00] | He was in a rage as ever, of course. | 他当时又发怒了 |
[35:01] | – When? – A month ago. | -什么时候 -一个月前 |
[35:06] | Come up here to get away from him. | 我逃到这里想躲开他 |
[35:08] | He followed me, and then he fell | 但他跟着来了 然后摔倒了 |
[35:10] | and lay writhing. | 痛得打滚 |
[35:12] | I couldn’t move him. | 我搬不动他 |
[35:15] | Go prepare some hot water. | 去准备一些热水 |
[35:18] | We’re bringing him down. | 我们把他抬下去 |
[35:26] | Governor Tryon’s orders: | 州长泰伦下令 |
[35:28] | all able-bodied men are asked to join | 所有健康男子都必须加入 |
[35:30] | His Excellency’s militia. | 州长大人的民兵 |
[35:32] | Poor men must bleed for rich man’s gold | 穷人必须为富人的财富卖命 |
[35:36] | and always will, eh? | 一直如此 对吧 |
[35:41] | Their father has gone to his reward in heaven, or he’d join ye. | 他们的父亲已经去世了 不然他就会去的 |
[35:46] | My condolences, Mistress Findlay. | 节哀 芬德利夫人 |
[35:48] | Is there a reward for my sons? | 我的儿子们会有奖励吗 |
[35:51] | 40 shillings each from the governor’s treasury | 州长出钱每人得四十先令 |
[35:54] | and two shillings a day for as long as they serve. | 他们服役的每一天都有两先令 |
[35:57] | And if they dinna come out of it? | 如果他们没能活着回来呢 |
[35:59] | I’ll make sure they come home. | 我会确保他们活着回家 |
[36:03] | Is that so? | 是吗 |
[36:08] | Well, then, Captain MacKenzie, | 既然如此 麦肯齐上尉 |
[36:10] | I’ll take yer word for it that if I lend you my sons, | 我相信你的话 如果你要带走我的儿子 |
[36:14] | ye’ll send them home safe. | 那你要把他们平安地带回来 |
[36:20] | So far as it lies in my power. | 我会竭尽所能 |
[36:27] | Sign the book, lads. | 签字吧 孩子们 |
[36:29] | Yes, Ma. | 好 妈 |
[36:31] | – Name? – Hugh Findlay. | -名字 -休·芬德利 |
[36:37] | Lain Og Findlay. | 赖伊·奥格·芬德利 |
[36:49] | He’s covered in bedsores. | 他浑身的褥疮 |
[36:52] | His muscles have wasted away. | 他的肌肉萎缩了 |
[36:55] | At least the maggots have kept his wounds clean. | 还好这些蛆确保了伤口是干净的 |
[36:59] | The man was trading goods. | 他是个生意人 |
[37:02] | There are barrels of food and bundles of furs out there. | 屋里有好几桶食物和几大捆皮草 |
[37:08] | Yet he lay where he fell, | 但他还是躺在倒下的地方 |
[37:11] | cold, starving. | 饥寒交迫 |
[37:16] | Why’d she no’ simply let him die? | 她怎么不让他死了算了 |
[37:23] | So she could do this. | 她是为了这个 |
[37:30] | Can he be healed? | 能治好他吗 |
[37:34] | Should ye not be looking for the indenture papers? | 你不该在找契约文件吗 |
[37:44] | She tried to bleed him to heal him? | 她给他放血是为了治好他吗 |
[37:47] | No. Look at his feet. | 不 看他的脚 |
[37:51] | She burns them over and over, | 她一遍遍灼烧他的脚 |
[37:53] | lets them heal, and then does it again. | 等伤好了后又开始灼烧 |
[37:57] | She was torturing him. | 她在折磨他 |
[38:05] | I think he understands you, Sassenach. | 他好像听得懂你说话 英格兰人 |
[38:11] | Can ye, man? | 能听懂吗 |
[38:13] | Did yer wife do this to ye? | 是你妻子做的吗 |
[38:21] | Blink once for yes. | 是就眨一下眼 |
[38:31] | What you must have done to deserve this. | 你做了什么才会遭到如此折磨 |
[38:56] | His right foot’s gangrenous. | 他的右脚得了坏疽 |
[38:58] | I’ll have to amputate soon, or it’ll spread and he’ll die. | 我得赶紧截掉他的右脚 不然转移了他就会死 |
[39:02] | I need a saw and something to sterilize it with. | 我要一把锯子和消毒它的东西 |
[39:05] | I can cauterize the wound and then… | 我可以烧灼消毒伤口 然后 |
[39:06] | We dinna have time, Claire, to do the surgery | 我们没时间了 克莱尔 没时间做手术 |
[39:10] | and give him time to heal. | 没时间让他愈合伤口 |
[39:12] | I must rejoin the company and go on to Hillsborough. | 我必须回到同伴身边 动身去希尔斯堡 |
[39:16] | I know, but I can’t leave him like this. | 我知道 但我不能放任他这样不管 |
[39:20] | If I can find a way to make him comfortable enough, | 如果我能让他的病情舒缓一些 |
[39:23] | then we can bring him with us to Brownsville | 那我们就可以带他一起去布朗斯维尔 |
[39:24] | and find someone there to look after him. | 在那里找个人照顾他 |
[39:26] | Then perhaps… | 然后或许 |
[39:29] | No! | 不要 |
[39:30] | No. Fanny. | 不要 范妮 |
[39:36] | No. | 不要 |
[39:39] | She would have saved him. He should die! I want him to die! | 她会把他救活的 他应该去死 我要他死 |
[39:42] | Ye could ha’ killed him at yer leisure! | 你不能这么随随便便杀了他 |
[39:43] | Why in God’s name would ye wait until ye had witnesses? | 你到底为什么要等到有目击证人时才行凶 |
[39:45] | I didn’t want him dead. | 我不想让他痛痛快快一死了之 |
[39:47] | I wanted him to die slowly! | 我要让他慢慢死去 |
[39:49] | You filthy beast! | 你这个肮脏的畜生 |
[39:51] | You dirty, wicked… | 你这个肮脏邪恶的 |
[39:53] | I’m his wife. Let him rot! | 我是他的妻子 让他腐烂吧 |
[40:06] | The babe. | 我的孩子 |
[40:15] | Big push, come on. | 用力推 使劲 |
[40:19] | That’s it. | 很好 |
[40:22] | Here. Okay, one more. | 看到头了 很好 再来一次 |
[40:24] | Come on. | 使劲 |
[40:35] | There we go, little girl. | 好了 小姑娘 |
[40:38] | Here. | 来 |
[40:42] | Well done. | 干得好 |
[40:44] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[40:48] | All right. | 好了 |
[40:51] | Now, the afterbirth. | 现在要排出胎盘 |
[40:53] | Small push more, all right? | 再用点力推 好吗 |
[40:58] | Come on! | 使劲 |
[41:00] | That’s it. | 很好 |
[41:05] | Well done. | 干得好 |
[41:08] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[41:22] | The baby’s skin. | 孩子的肤色 |
[41:27] | It would appear | 这就说明 |
[41:29] | the baby father’s is black. | 孩子的父亲是黑人 |
[41:32] | Let me see her. | 让我看看她 |
[41:41] | You have a beautiful baby girl. | 你有个美丽的女儿了 |
[41:48] | She isn’t his. | 她不是他的孩子 |
[41:53] | You hear that, you old bastard? | 你听到了吗 你这个老畜生 |
[41:57] | She isn’t yours. | 她不是你的孩子 |
[42:00] | She isn’t yours! | 她不是你的孩子 |
[42:10] | Oh, she isn’t his. | 她不是他的孩子 |
[42:29] | Do you have any family nearby? | 你有什么家人在附近吗 |
[42:32] | He took me from my father’s house in Baltimore | 他把我从巴尔的摩的父亲家里 |
[42:35] | to this place. | 带到了这里 |
[42:40] | I miss Baltimore. | 我想巴尔的摩了 |
[42:45] | How long ago was that? | 那是多久之前的事了 |
[42:48] | Two years… three months, and five days. | 两年三个月零五天 |
[42:55] | Those are your markings on the door. | 门上的那些标记是你做的 |
[42:59] | No. | 不是 |
[43:01] | That was Mary Ann, I believe. | 我想是玛丽·安做的 |
[43:05] | That was his first wife? | 她是他的第一任妻子吗 |
[43:08] | No. | 不是 |
[43:11] | Mary Ann was his fourth. | 玛丽·安是他的第四任 |
[43:16] | You’re his fifth? | 你是他的第五任 |
[43:22] | The others are buried in the woods under the rowan tree. | 其他人都埋在树林里 埋在山梨树下 |
[43:27] | I see their ghosts sometimes, | 我有时候会看见她们的灵魂 |
[43:31] | especially Mary Ann. | 尤其是玛丽·安的 |
[43:33] | She tells me things. | 她告诉我了很多事 |
[43:39] | He killed them all, you know. | 她们都是他杀的 |
[43:43] | He would have killed me too. | 他原本也会杀了我 |
[43:45] | None of us could give him a baby. | 我们没人能给他生孩子 |
[43:55] | Who is the father, if you don’t mind me asking? | 孩子的父亲是谁 如果不介意我问问的话 |
[44:00] | A good man. | 他是个好人 |
[44:04] | Does he live nearby? | 他住在附近吗 |
[44:12] | He beat us terrible, | 他对我们下手非常狠 |
[44:14] | me and those boys, all three of us. | 我和那些男孩 我们三个人 |
[44:18] | If I c-if I could find their papers, | 如果我能找到他们的文件 |
[44:21] | I’d give ’em to you. | 我会把它们给你的 |
[44:24] | They deserve some happiness, I suppose. | 我觉得他们值得拥有幸福 |
[44:28] | So should you | 你也值得幸福 |
[44:30] | and your baby. | 你的孩子也值得 |
[44:38] | Even though she’s born of her mother’s sin? | 即使她生来就要背负母亲的罪孽吗 |
[44:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[44:45] | Hopefully she was born out of love. | 希望她是因为爱而出生 |
[44:49] | She’ll need more than love to get by in this world. | 要想在这个世界立足 她需要的不仅仅是爱 |
[44:54] | You have the property… | 你有房产 |
[44:57] | this home. | 这个家 |
[44:59] | This place is her birthright, but… | 这间屋子是她与生俱来的所有物 但是 |
[45:02] | but to me, it’s naught but ugliness and evil. | 但对我来说 这里丑恶至极 |
[45:05] | We will take your husband with us to town. | 我们会带你丈夫一起进城 |
[45:09] | He can’t harm you anymore. | 他再也不能伤害你了 |
[45:14] | You’re a mother now. | 你现在是一位母亲了 |
[45:19] | Having a baby… doesn’t make me a mother | 有了孩子不会让我成为母亲 |
[45:24] | any more than sleeping in a stable makes someone a horse. | 就像睡在马厩里不会让人变成马一样 |
[45:41] | Maybe when you name her… | 也许你给她取名字时 |
[45:46] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[45:48] | I forgot to ask you your name. | 我忘记问你的名字了 |
[45:52] | It’s Frances. | 我叫弗朗西丝 |
[45:55] | My mother used to call me Fanny. | 我妈妈过去叫我范妮 |
[46:01] | It’s supposed to mean “Free.” | 意思是自由 |
[46:04] | And your name is… Sassenach. | 你叫 英格兰人 |
[46:11] | Only to my husband. | 只有我丈夫这样叫我 |
[46:17] | You can call me Claire. | 你可以叫我克莱尔 |
[46:47] | Shh. | 嘘 |
[46:57] | How long will ye have to stay here? | 你要在这里待多久 |
[47:01] | A day or two at the least. | 最少一两天 |
[47:04] | We’ll need to find someone to look in on them. | 我们得找个人照看他们 |
[47:08] | I know you’re anxious to get going. | 我知道你急着要走 |
[47:17] | What will we do about him? | 我们该拿他怎么办 |
[47:20] | Oh, I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[47:24] | As a doctor, I can’t walk away, but… | 作为医生 我无法一走了之 但是 |
[47:28] | I’m not sure you owe him anything. | 我不确定你欠他什么 |
[47:34] | Well, they are our neighbors. | 他们是我们的邻居 |
[47:40] | What kind of world is this to bring a baby into? | 孩子出生在了什么世界啊 |
[47:46] | The only world. | 唯一的世界 |
[47:51] | No, it isn’t. | 不是 |
[47:57] | Jamie… I want Brianna and Roger | 杰米 我希望布丽安娜和罗杰 |
[48:01] | to go back to their own time | 一知道吉米能否穿越 |
[48:03] | as soon as they know if Jemmy can travel. | 就立刻回到他们的时代 |
[48:06] | It’s safer for them there, | 那里对他们来说更安全 |
[48:09] | for Jemmy especially. | 特别是吉米 |
[48:16] | Roger feels the same way. | 罗杰也这么想 |
[48:18] | – He wants to take them home. – Of course he does. | -他希望带他们回家 -当然了 |
[48:21] | Your penicillin will make it safer for them here, will it not? | 你的青霉素会让他们在这儿更安全 是吗 |
[48:25] | Only from infection. | 只能治感染 |
[48:28] | Well, perhaps it would be safer in your time. | 也许你的时代是更安全 |
[48:33] | But they would be without their family, | 但他们就没有家人陪伴了 |
[48:37] | without their blood. | 没有血亲 |
[48:42] | Come… | 来吧 |
[48:48] | Put these thoughts away. | 别乱想了 |
[48:53] | Sleep. | 睡觉吧 |
[49:52] | What is it? | 怎么了 |
[49:54] | Fanny? | 范妮 |
[49:57] | – The baby? – Still here. | -孩子呢 -还在这里 |
[50:01] | Where could she have gone? | 她会去哪儿呢 |
[50:03] | I’ll look outside. | 我去外面看看 |
[50:25] | Oh, shh. | 嘘 |
[50:45] | Her horse is gone. | 她的马不见了 |
[50:47] | Mebbe she’s gone to find help. | 也许她去寻求帮助了 |
[50:50] | She’s not coming back. | 她不会回来了 |
[50:54] | She left these with the baby. | 她在孩子身下放了这些 |
[50:57] | The deed. | 地契 |
[51:11] | And indenture papers. | 还有契约文件 |
[51:16] | She means for us to keep her. | 她希望我们留下她 |
[51:48] | We’ll have goat’s milk for the journey. | 这一路上我们有羊奶 |
[51:51] | Hopefully there’ll be a nursing mother in Brownsville. | 希望布朗斯维尔有乳母 |
[51:54] | And we’ll seek Mrs. Beardsley as we travel. | 我们一边赶路 一边寻找比尔兹利夫人 |
[51:57] | We won’t find her. | 我们找不到她的 |
[52:02] | What should we do about him? | 我们该拿他怎么办 |
[52:07] | Take the bairn outside. | 带孩子出去 |
[52:09] | Dinna come back until I call for ye. | 等我叫你你再回来 |
[52:12] | – Jamie… – I would do it for a dog, Claire. | -杰米 -我甚至会为狗了结 克莱尔 |
[52:15] | Could I do less for him? | 为他还能做得更少吗 |
[52:20] | Go. | 去吧 |
[52:21] | Let it be his choice, his will. | 这会是他的选择 他的意志 |
[52:26] | If or if not, I will call for ye. | 不管怎样 我都会叫你 |
[53:12] | Blink once for yes, twice for no. | 眨眼一次表示是 两次表示不 |
[53:18] | Do ye understand? | 你明白吗 |
[53:28] | Yer wife is gone. | 你妻子走了 |
[53:31] | Ye ken the child isna yers. | 你知道孩子不是你的 |
[53:53] | My wife is a healer, | 我妻子是医生 |
[53:56] | says you suffered an apoplexy, | 说你中风了 |
[53:59] | canna be cured of it. | 无法治愈 |
[54:03] | Your foot is putrid. | 你的脚化脓了 |
[54:06] | If it’s not taken off, ye’ll rot and die. | 如果不截掉 你会腐烂死去 |
[54:11] | D’ye understand? | 你明白吗 |
[54:21] | Would ye have her take your foot and tend to your wounds? | 你希望让她截掉你的脚 治疗你的伤口吗 |
[54:37] | Do you ask me to take yer life? | 你希望我了结你的性命吗 |
[54:55] | By all accounts, you are a wicked man. | 大家都说你是个坏人 |
[54:59] | I have no wish to send a soul to hell. | 我不想把一个灵魂送进地狱 |
[55:02] | Will ye pray for forgiveness? | 你会祈求宽恕吗 |
[55:20] | Then may God forgive us both. | 愿上帝宽恕我们俩 |
[56:15] | I thought apoplexy killed a man outright. | 我还以为中风会让人立刻毙命 |
[56:20] | Never thought to ask Jenny if my father suffered. | 从未想过问珍妮我父亲是否受苦 |
[56:28] | She would have told you. | 她应该会告诉你的 |
[56:32] | Perhaps. | 也许吧 |
[56:42] | She would have. | 她应该会的 |
[56:45] | Swear to me, Claire… | 向我发誓 克莱尔 |
[56:47] | if it should one day fall to my lot | 如果有一天我像父亲一样 |
[56:49] | as it did to my father… | 惨遭厄运 |
[56:52] | swear to me | 向我发誓 |
[56:54] | that ye will give me the same mercy | 你会给我个痛快 |
[56:55] | that I gave that wretch. | 就像我对那个可怜人一样 |
[57:04] | I’ll do what must be done. | 我会做必须做的事 |