| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:00] | …proposed marriage. | …向我求婚了 | 
| [00:01] | I have yet to give him my answer. | 我还没有给他答复 | 
| [00:04] | I’ll no’ stand in the way of yer happiness. | 我是不会阻拦你追求幸福的 | 
| [00:07] | Ye will escort Claire home. | 你护送克莱尔回家 | 
| [00:09] | What about the militia? | 那民兵队怎么办 | 
| [00:10] | I made ye a captain without time | 我任命你当队长 但却没时间 | 
| [00:11] | to teach ye what the word meant. | 告诉你这个词语的含义 | 
| [00:13] | Da left you here to protect the Ridge while he’s gone. | 爸让你留在这是为在他不在时保护山脊 | 
| [00:15] | He doesn’t respect me, Bree. | 他不尊重我 布丽 | 
| [00:17] | I’ve told Gerald Forbes | 我让杰拉德·福布斯 | 
| [00:18] | to draw up a will, leaving River Run | 起草一份遗嘱 把奔流庄园 | 
| [00:20] | and all its contents to Jeremiah. | 及其一切留给杰里迈亚 | 
| [00:23] | Mistress Fraser, I’d like to introduce you | 弗雷泽夫人 这位是 | 
| [00:25] | to Mr. Wylie. | 威利先生 | 
| [00:27] | 广告 罗林斯医生 | |
| [00:28] | – Who’s Dr. Rawlings? – Me. | -罗林斯医生是谁 -我 | 
| [00:30] | It’s no longer safe for you to remain here. | 你继续留在这里不安全 | 
| [00:32] | I know you stay because of the vow | 我知道你留下是因为 | 
| [00:34] | you made to my mother and to me. | 你对我母亲和我发过的誓 | 
| [00:37] | I release you from it. Be hard to find. | 我解除你的誓言 好好藏起来 | 
| [02:42] | There are dragoons ahead. | 前面有骑兵 | 
| [02:45] | Halt. | 吁 | 
| [02:58] | Make yourselves known. | 报上大名 | 
| [03:03] | Thank goodness. | 谢天谢地 | 
| [03:05] | Oh, you are a welcome sight, Lieutenant. | 很高兴见到你 中尉 | 
| [03:09] | We are making our way as far as possible from Culloden. | 我们在尽可能远离克罗登 | 
| [03:12] | Whom do I address, sir? | 你是哪位 先生 | 
| [03:14] | Of course, where are my manners? | 当然了 我真没礼貌 | 
| [03:16] | Uh, I am Samuel Torrington. | 我叫塞缪尔·托林顿 | 
| [03:18] | My wife and daughter are inside. | 我的妻女都在车里 | 
| [03:21] | Will you have them step out? | 请她们下车可以吗 | 
| [03:23] | By order of the duke of Cumberland, | 根据坎伯兰公爵大人的命令 | 
| [03:24] | we are to search every conveyance on these roads. | 我们要搜查这些路上的每一辆马车 | 
| [03:28] | Very wise precaution. | 非常明智的预防措施 | 
| [03:32] | My dears. | 亲爱的们 | 
| [03:36] | Not a word. | 别说话 | 
| [04:05] | It’s empty, sir. | 车是空的 先生 | 
| [04:07] | Very well. You should be on your way. | 很好 你们可以走了 | 
| [04:17] | Allow me, miss. | 我来吧 小姐 | 
| [04:18] | Have you a destination, sir? | 你们要去哪里 先生 | 
| [04:21] | To the border, across to Carlisle. | 穿过边境去卡莱尔 | 
| [04:24] | My brother has an estate. | 我哥哥在那有房产 | 
| [04:25] | You’ll be far from the fighting there. | 在那里你们会远离战争 | 
| [04:28] | Good day, sir. Travel safely. | 日安 先生 一路顺风 | 
| [04:31] | Thank you. God save the king. | 谢谢 天佑吾王 | 
| [04:39] | And which king would that be? | 是哪个国王呢 | 
| [04:42] | Lieutenant, gold… | 中尉 黄金 | 
| [04:44] | with the king of France’s mark on it. | 上面有法国国王的记号 | 
| [04:47] | Must be intended for Charles Stuart. | 一定是给查尔斯·斯图尔特的 | 
| [04:50] | We’ve found ourselves some Jacobite traitors. | 我们碰上了詹姆斯二世党叛徒 | 
| [04:52] | Hector. | 赫克托 | 
| [04:57] | Sir, lower your weapon. | 先生 放下武器 | 
| [05:02] | Papa! | 爸爸 | 
| [05:10] | Morna? | 莫娜 | 
| [05:20] | Morna. Morna. | 莫娜 莫娜 | 
| [05:22] | Morna. | 莫娜 | 
| [05:24] | Morna. | 莫娜 | 
| [05:28] | Morna? | 莫娜 | 
| [05:31] | – She’s dead. – No. | -她死了 -不 | 
| [05:33] | – Ye canna help her. – No, no. | -你帮不了她 -不 | 
| [05:39] | We must go. | 我们必须走了 | 
| [05:40] | No. | 不 | 
| [05:42] | Jocasta, come. | 乔卡斯特 走吧 | 
| [05:43] | Hector, we canna leave her. | 赫克托 我们不能丢下她 | 
| [05:46] | Morna! | 莫娜 | 
| [05:54] | Drive on! | 驾车 | 
| [05:59] | Morna! Morna! | 莫娜 莫娜 | 
| [06:04] | Morna! | 莫娜 | 
| [06:18] | Do ye have a moment, ma’am? | 你有空吗 夫人 | 
| [06:20] | Come in. | 进来吧 | 
| [06:24] | Good morning, Mr. Innes. | 早上好 英尼斯先生 | 
| [06:26] | Uh, sorry to disturb ye. | 抱歉打扰你了 | 
| [06:28] | Margaret, Abigail, ye may leave us. | 玛格丽特 艾比盖尔 你们下去吧 | 
| [06:36] | I ken the wedding’s tomorrow, but, um… | 我知道婚礼就在明天 但是 | 
| [06:39] | I wanted to give ye this. | 我想送你这个 | 
| [06:43] | Is that lavender I smell? | 我闻到的是薰衣草味吗 | 
| [06:44] | Aye, to soothe yer nerves, perhaps. | 是的 能让你舒缓 | 
| [06:48] | I ken a bride has much on her mind… | 我知道新娘有很多事要操心 | 
| [06:51] | flowers and frocks and ribbons to choose. | 要选什么鲜花 连衣裙和丝带 | 
| [06:58] | It’s the MacKenzie motto. | 是麦肯齐家族的座右铭 | 
| [07:01] | “I shine, not burn.” | “我光照四方 而不燃烧自己” | 
| [07:04] | A wee token of my affection. | 我的一点心意 | 
| [07:12] | I ken perhaps that… | 我知道也许 | 
| [07:16] | Ye dinna burn with passion for me, but… | 你对我没有激情 但是 | 
| [07:21] | The name Innes comes from the Gaelic: | 英尼斯这个名字来源于盖尔语 | 
| [07:25] | an island formed by two branches of a stream, | 意思是一条小溪的两个支流形成的岛 | 
| [07:30] | and in time… | 不久以后 | 
| [07:34] | I hope that we might– | 我希望我们也许 | 
| [07:35] | Thank ye. | 谢谢你 | 
| [07:37] | Thank ye… Mr. Innes. | 谢谢你 英尼斯先生 | 
| [07:39] | It is most kind. | 你太好了 | 
| [07:42] | Pardon me, Mistress. | 打扰了 夫人 | 
| [07:44] | Ulysses. | 尤利西斯 | 
| [07:45] | Your nephew and Mr. Forbes are | 您外甥和福布斯先生 | 
| [07:48] | waiting for you downstairs. | 在楼下等您 | 
| [07:50] | Ah, indeed. | 是的 | 
| [07:56] | I’ll leave ye to it, then. | 那你先忙吧 | 
| [08:04] | Do ye really think I canna | 你真认为我感受不到 | 
| [08:05] | feel the look ye were giving that poor man? | 你看向那个可怜人的眼神吗 | 
| [08:10] | I only want you to be happy. | 我只希望您幸福 | 
| [08:12] | Happiness doesna come into it. | 这跟幸福无关 | 
| [08:16] | In time, Mr. Innes may afford me | 不久以后 英尼斯先生也许会给我带来 | 
| [08:18] | a wee bit of…peace. | 一点平静 | 
| [08:42] | My apologies, gentlemen. | 抱歉 先生们 | 
| [08:45] | No need to apologize, Auntie. | 不用道歉 姨妈 | 
| [08:47] | We’ve come to River Run for celebrations in yer honor. | 我们是为向你祝福而来到奔流庄园 | 
| [08:50] | Take as long as ye please. | 你按自己的步调来就好 | 
| [08:53] | Well, thank ye… | 谢谢 | 
| [08:56] | How generous you are, Mistress Cameron. | 卡梅隆夫人 你真是太慷慨了 | 
| [08:59] | I’m sure Brianna must be sensible of the kind attention | 我想布丽安娜一定能感受你给予她儿子 | 
| [09:03] | you’ve bestowed upon her son. | 无上的美意 | 
| [09:08] | But, uh, you’re sure Mr. Innes understands what this means? | 但你确定英尼斯先生明白这意味着什么 | 
| [09:13] | Mr. Innes has graciously agreed | 英尼斯先生欣然同意 | 
| [09:15] | to allow me to serve as guardian of River Run | 允许我在杰里迈亚成年前 | 
| [09:17] | until Jeremiah comes of age. | 代为管理奔流庄园 | 
| [09:20] | We have no children, after all. | 毕竟我们没有孩子 | 
| [09:27] | Shall we begin? | 我们是否可以开始了 | 
| [09:47] | And the colonel as witness. | 上校作为见证人签名 | 
| [10:08] | There ye have it. | 好了 | 
| [10:12] | River Run has a new master. | 奔流庄园有了新的主人 | 
| [10:19] | And in his absence, I should attend to my guests. | 鉴于他现在不在 我应该去招待客人们了 | 
| [10:22] | You’ll excuse me. | 恕我失陪 | 
| [10:24] | Mistress. | 慢走 夫人 | 
| [10:36] | Come, little laddie. | 小家伙 乖 | 
| [10:37] | Just a wee sniffle. | 只是擤擤鼻涕 | 
| [10:38] | It’s not so bad. | 不怕不怕 | 
| [10:42] | What I wouldn’t give for a box of tissues. | 我愿意用一切换一盒纸巾 | 
| [10:44] | Yeah, or some baby aspirin. | 没错 或者婴儿可服的阿司匹林 | 
| [10:48] | – Here. – Though I s’pose it wouldn’t make much difference. | -给 -但我想也不会有太大差别 | 
| [10:52] | How is it that 200 years from now, we have a man on the moon | 二百年后 我们连人都能送上月球 | 
| [10:55] | but still no cure for the bloody common cold? | 怎么竟然还治不好小小的普通感冒呢 | 
| [10:58] | You could have gone to the wedding, you know. | 你本可以去婚礼的 | 
| [11:00] | I can handle a kid with a cold. | 我可以照顾好感冒的孩子 | 
| [11:02] | I know, but I wanted to help. | 我知道 但我想帮忙 | 
| [11:10] | Jocasta insulted you at our wedding. | 乔卡丝塔在我们的婚礼上侮辱了你 | 
| [11:13] | So you thought you’d insult her by not going to hers. | 你就想通过不参加她的婚礼报复回去 | 
| [11:17] | Well, two birds with one stone. | 正好一举两得 | 
| [11:27] | Adso has brought us a gift. | 阿德索给我们带了礼物 | 
| [11:31] | What’s this? | 这是什么 | 
| [11:43] | I don’t think that’s a gift from Adso. | 我不觉得这是阿德索的礼物 | 
| [11:52] | And I hope it’s not a gift from the gods. | 我希望这不是诸神的礼物 | 
| [12:44] | It should be Murtagh at Jocasta’s side. | 乔卡丝塔身边应该是穆塔夫 | 
| [12:49] | Instead, here I am, | 而现在 我在这里 | 
| [12:51] | rubbing shoulders wi’ the very devils who’d see him dead. | 与想看他死的恶魔为伍 | 
| [12:56] | You can’t be so hard on yourself. | 你不能太苛责自己 | 
| [13:00] | You asked him to wait. | 你让他等的 | 
| [13:03] | If Murtagh isn’t here today, then… | 如果穆塔夫今天不出现 | 
| [13:06] | that’s his own choice. | 这也是他自己的选择 | 
| [13:12] | Come on. | 我们走 | 
| [13:15] | Let’s try and enjoy the day for Jocasta’s sake. | 为了乔卡丝塔 我们试着享受当下 | 
| [14:00] | – Excuse me. – I had no idea | -恕我失陪 -我都不知道 | 
| [14:01] | you were such a good dancer. | 你舞跳得这么好 | 
| [14:03] | Well, to tell the truth, I’m not certain I am. | 说实话 我不确定我是不是 | 
| [14:06] | I think I must have danced with every girl in the province. | 我想我应该和省里每一个姑娘都跳过舞了 | 
| [14:09] | All of them hoping to secure an advantageous match | 毋容置疑 她们每个人都希望确保自己 | 
| [14:11] | with Lord John Grey, no doubt. | 能与约翰·格雷大人强强联姻 | 
| [14:13] | Aye, it is the social event of the year. | 这是今年最盛大的社交活动 | 
| [14:15] | I’d wager there’s not a single young lady in North Carolina | 我敢打赌北卡州没有一个年轻的姑娘 | 
| [14:18] | who’d forfeit her chance to be worshipped | 会放弃自己今晚在丘比特之林中 | 
| [14:20] | in Cupid’s grove tonight. | 被敬奉的机会 | 
| [14:22] | Speaking of never missing a chance to be worshipped… | 说到从不放弃被敬奉的机会 | 
| [14:28] | Naturally. | 自然如此 | 
| [14:35] | Ah, Lord John Grey, Colonel Fraser, | 约翰·格雷大人 弗雷泽上校 | 
| [14:37] | this is an advantageous meeting. | 这可真是一次盛大的聚会 | 
| [14:39] | – Good day. – Your Excellency. | -日安 -大人 | 
| [14:41] | Mistress Fraser, delighted to see you again. | 弗雷泽夫人 很高兴再次见到你 | 
| [14:43] | Your Excellency. | 大人 | 
| [14:45] | Mistress Tryon. | 泰伦夫人 | 
| [14:45] | Her Excellency… | 叫她大人 | 
| [14:48] | If you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 | 
| [14:51] | My apologies. | 抱歉 | 
| [14:53] | Pay him no mind, Mistress Fraser. | 不要理他 弗雷泽夫人 | 
| [14:55] | I usually insist upon the title as a reminder to him. | 我执着于头衔是为了提醒他 | 
| [14:59] | And just as he’s finally begun introducing me this way | 而他才开始向北卡州的上流社会 | 
| [15:01] | to the good people of North Carolina, | 这样介绍我 | 
| [15:04] | we’re leaving for New York. | 我们就要离开了 前往纽约 | 
| [15:06] | Typical. | 真是不巧 | 
| [15:07] | New York? | 纽约 | 
| [15:10] | May I introduce the honorable Judge Martin Atticus? | 请容我介绍尊敬的马丁·阿蒂库斯法官大人 | 
| [15:13] | Your servant, sir. | 为您服务 先生 | 
| [15:15] | I swear, if I had my gloves, I would throw one down. | 我发誓如果我有手套 我现在就扔一只和你决斗 | 
| [15:18] | Then we would see who had any sense | 好让我们看看 究竟是谁 | 
| [15:19] | of good old-fashioned honor. | 懂得用古老的方式捍卫荣耀 | 
| [15:22] | Good Lord, who is that man? | 老天 那个人是谁 | 
| [15:23] | Quincy Arbuckle, Your Excellency. | 昆西·阿尔布克尔 大人 | 
| [15:26] | Always at least one self-righteous pillock at a wedding. | 婚礼上总至少有一个自以为是的傻瓜 | 
| [15:30] | I’m quite surprised by your language, | 我惊讶于你的用词 | 
| [15:32] | Your Honor, but, uh, can’t say I disagree. | 法官大人 但我不能说我不同意 | 
| [15:34] | And what’s worse is, I’m certain I attract them. | 更糟糕的是 我确定我会吸引这些人 | 
| [15:37] | The moment anyone discovers that I’m a judge, | 一旦有人发现我是法官 | 
| [15:39] | suddenly everyone in the vicinity is | 突然之间 附近的人都会摇身一变 | 
| [15:42] | a moral philosopher or expert in matters of the law. | 变为道德哲人或者法律专家 | 
| [15:45] | Well, my most recent legislative victory | 如果要我说的话 我最近一次立法胜利 | 
| [15:47] | was a stroke of genius, if I may say so. | 可谓是神来之笔 | 
| [15:50] | Indeed. | 没错 | 
| [15:51] | We are fortunate to have a governor so wise | 我们很幸运 能有如此智慧的州长 | 
| [15:53] | and merciful to offer pardons to these dishonorable men. | 宅心仁厚 赦免无耻之徒 | 
| [15:57] | My, news does travel slow in the backcountry. | 看来偏远地区的消息确实传得慢 | 
| [16:00] | Well, you have a fellow Scotsman, | 你要感谢你的苏格兰人同胞 | 
| [16:02] | Samuel Johnston, to thank for proposing it: | 塞缪尔·约翰逊 是他提出 | 
| [16:04] | an Act for Preventing Tumultuous and Riotous Assembly, | 《防止骚乱暴乱集会法令》 | 
| [16:07] | prohibiting 10 men or more | 禁止在某些情况下 | 
| [16:09] | from gathering under certain circumstances. | 十人及以上人群聚集 | 
| [16:11] | The reasoning being if men cannot gather, | 理由是 如果人们不聚集 | 
| [16:13] | they cannot conspire. | 就没法密谋 | 
| [16:15] | Yes, exactly. | 一点不错 | 
| [16:16] | If only I’d thought to do such a thing sooner, | 我要是能早点想到这件事 | 
| [16:17] | then, uh, Lieutenant Knox might be with us still. | 那诺克斯中尉或许还能在我们身边 | 
| [16:21] | Good heavens, Your Excellency. | 天哪 大人 | 
| [16:23] | Am I to be forever reminding you of proper etiquette? | 我非得时时提醒您注意礼节吗 | 
| [16:26] | Very sad indeed, terribly so, | 那的确令人遗憾 | 
| [16:29] | but not an appropriate conversation for such an auspicious day. | 但恐怕不适合在今天这种日子里说 | 
| [16:33] | Quite right. | 没错 | 
| [16:35] | Come, let’s leave the men to their morbid talk of politics. | 走吧 我们让男人们去谈他们无聊的政治 | 
| [16:38] | Let’s. | 好的 | 
| [16:40] | I hear there’s a game of high-stakes whist taking place later. | 我听说 等下会有场高赌注的牌局 | 
| [16:45] | I find it very beguiling watching men gamble away their fortunes. | 我非常喜欢看男人们赌掉自己的财富 | 
| [17:02] | The swarm is gonna be here in a day. | 蝗群一天之内就会飞来 | 
| [17:04] | Aye, the crop will be crawling with the devils | 是 如果我们再等下去 | 
| [17:06] | if we wait any longer. | 庄稼就全毁了 | 
| [17:08] | We should burn Mr. Fraser’s field and be done with it. | 我们该烧了弗雷泽先生的田 斩草除根 | 
| [17:14] | Gentlemen, please, if I may. | 先生们 请听我说一句 | 
| [17:19] | Fire! | 着火了 | 
| [17:22] | That got everyone’s attention. | 这回大家倒都听见了 | 
| [17:26] | That panic you felt in your chest, that terror, | 你们心里感觉到的那种恐慌 害怕 | 
| [17:30] | the instinct to protect yourselves from danger… | 那种保护自己远离危险的直觉 | 
| [17:32] | now imagine if there really was a fire. | 现在想象一下 如果真的着火了呢 | 
| [17:34] | But we’d be rid of the buggers. | 但那样蝗虫就没了 | 
| [17:36] | Perhaps, until more come along. | 或许吧 直到更多蝗虫飞来 | 
| [17:40] | But you’d be ridding yourselves of a lot more as well. | 但你们没有的还可能是更多东西 | 
| [17:43] | One shift of the wind | 只要风向稍稍一变 | 
| [17:45] | and your homes could be reduced to ashes. | 你们的家园就能化为灰烬 | 
| [17:47] | Are you willing to take that chance, Mr. Lindsay? | 你愿意冒这个险吗 林赛先生 | 
| [17:52] | I wish Colonel Fraser was here. | 要是弗雷泽上校在这就好了 | 
| [17:53] | He’d have an answer for this. | 他会有答案的 | 
| [17:56] | Colonel Fraser is 10 days’ ride away. | 弗雷泽上校在离这儿十天路程外的地方 | 
| [17:58] | So what is it you propose we do, Captain Mackenzie? | 那你觉得我们该怎么做呢 麦肯齐上尉 | 
| [18:06] | No answer. | 哑巴了 | 
| [18:19] | I’m not saddened by leaving the palace at New Bern. | 我倒不为离开纽伯恩的宅子伤心 | 
| [18:22] | The building has certain elegant amenities, | 那里的确漂亮 住得也方便 | 
| [18:24] | but I’ve never felt comfortable there. | 但我从没感觉自在过 | 
| [18:26] | My God, is that Philip Wylie? | 天哪 那是菲利普·威利吗 | 
| [18:29] | You know him? | 你认识他吗 | 
| [18:30] | It’s hard to tell under all that powder, but yes. | 他打了那么厚的粉底 挺难看出来的 不过是的 | 
| [18:33] | I-I met him at a dinner in Wilmington. | 我在威明顿的一场晚宴上见过他 | 
| [18:36] | Though… I found him rather… | 但…我觉得他… | 
| [18:39] | Persistent? | 很执着吗 | 
| [18:41] | I was going to say annoying. | 我想说的是”烦人” | 
| [18:43] | Ever since he returned from Paris, | 自他从巴黎回来 | 
| [18:44] | he’s become an insufferable dandy, | 就成了个令人厌恶的花花公子 | 
| [18:47] | not to mention a rake. | 更别说风流了 | 
| [18:50] | Rumor has it he’s in an obscene amount of debt | 传闻说 他因为赌博和寻花问柳 | 
| [18:52] | after losing his fortune to gambling | 被掏空了家产 | 
| [18:54] | and in houses of ill repute. | 还欠下很大一笔债 | 
| [18:59] | Well, he’s coming towards us. | 他朝我们走过来了 | 
| [19:03] | Towards you. | 朝你 | 
| [19:06] | But perhaps I can distract him for you. | 但或许我能帮你引开他 | 
| [19:09] | I’m the wife of a politician, after all. | 毕竟 我可是政客的妻子 | 
| [19:11] | It’s a particular talent of mine. | 这是我的绝技 | 
| [19:15] | You should have seen the look on Robert’s face | 你真该看看我跟罗伯特说 | 
| [19:17] | when I told him that there were certain times | 以后每个月有几天 | 
| [19:19] | during the month from now on when he would be | 他要去客房睡时 | 
| [19:21] | sleeping in the guest chamber. | 他脸上的表情了 | 
| [19:24] | And he agreed to it? | 他也同意了吗 | 
| [19:26] | Well, what could he say? | 他能说什么 | 
| [19:27] | There it was written in plain ink: | 白纸黑字都写明了 | 
| [19:30] | the words of this Rawlings physician. | 那是罗林斯医生的要求 | 
| [19:33] | He was cursing the day that women were taught to read. | 他气得痛骂女人就不该识字 | 
| [19:35] | But don’t you think it a little sacrilegious? | 但你不觉得那有些渎神吗 | 
| [19:38] | A child is a divine blessing. | 孩子是上天的恩赐 | 
| [19:40] | If it’s God’s will, | 如果这是上帝的意愿 | 
| [19:42] | what sort of woman would willingly | 什么样的女人 | 
| [19:43] | prevent herself from bearing one? | 才会抗命不遵呢 | 
| [19:47] | Perhaps the sort of woman who doesn’t have the means | 或许是那种没有能力 | 
| [19:49] | to provide for an infinite number of blessings. | 抚养为这么多”恩赐”的女人 | 
| [20:01] | If you’ll excuse me. | 失陪了 | 
| [20:03] | – Oh! Well, Mistress Fraser. – Mr. Wylie. | -弗雷泽夫人 -威利先生 | 
| [20:07] | Deuced clumsy of me. | 我真是笨手笨脚 | 
| [20:08] | May I fetch you something to restore your spirits? | 请让我帮您再拿一杯什么吧 | 
| [20:11] | No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 | 
| [20:14] | How very good to see you. | 真高兴见到你 | 
| [20:15] | I assure you, madam, the pleasure is entirely mine. | 我敢保证 夫人 高兴的是我才对 | 
| [20:26] | Well, you are looking well, sir. | 你看起来真不错 先生 | 
| [20:30] | Fortune has smiled upon me this year. | 今年 命运眷顾了我 | 
| [20:32] | The trade with England has quite recovered. | 我们和英国的贸易大为恢复 | 
| [20:34] | May the gods be thanked. | 感谢上帝 | 
| [20:36] | And I’ve had my share of it and more besides. | 我也算因此收获了不少 | 
| [20:39] | May I likewise observe how becoming you look? | 我能同样夸一下您有多美吗 | 
| [20:44] | As always, you’re a most welcome ornament | 一如往常 您是这场宴会上 | 
| [20:47] | to this humble affair. | 最美的装饰 | 
| [20:50] | Excuse me, Mr. Wylie. | 打扰了 威利先生 | 
| [20:52] | Mistress Fraser’s aunt is in need of her opinion, | 弗雷泽夫人的姨妈需要她的意见 | 
| [20:55] | and we simply cannot keep a bride waiting. | 我们可不能让新娘子久等 | 
| [20:58] | Mr. Wylie. | 威利先生 告辞 | 
| [21:04] | Forgive my tardy intervention, but… | 真抱歉我来迟了一步 但是… | 
| [21:16] | You’re doing the best you can. | 你已经尽力了 | 
| [21:18] | Tell that to Evan Lindsay or Ronnie Sinclair. | 去跟埃文·林赛或者罗尼·辛克莱说这话吧 | 
| [21:20] | – They’re afraid. – So they should be. | -他们是害怕了 -他们是该害怕 | 
| [21:23] | If the locusts swarm their farms, | 如果蝗群啃光了他们的庄稼 | 
| [21:25] | their families will be starved come winter. | 他们的家人到冬天就会挨饿 | 
| [21:28] | If your father were here… | 如果你父亲在这… | 
| [21:31] | What would he be able to do any differently? | 他还能做什么不一样的事吗 | 
| [21:34] | I wish I knew. | 我希望我知道 | 
| [21:36] | But I’m done trying to outthink him. | 但我受够努力在思想上超越他了 | 
| [21:46] | Funny how certain things stick in your brain. | 有的事就是会永远记在你的脑子里 | 
| [21:51] | Locusts and smoke. | 蝗虫和烟雾 | 
| [21:55] | Aye. | 没错 | 
| [21:58] | This story my father read to me when I was a boy, | 我父亲在我小时候给我念过一个故事 | 
| [22:00] | it’s just-it’s coming back to me now. | 我现在突然想起来 | 
| [22:03] | Something about a plague of locusts | 这个故事是说美国西部 | 
| [22:04] | somewhere in the American West. | 有一群蝗虫 | 
| [22:09] | I hope there’s more. | 不会就这么没了吧 | 
| [22:13] | They used smoke to drive them away | 人们用烟在蝗虫落地前 | 
| [22:16] | before they could land. | 把它们熏走 | 
| [22:20] | You think that’d work? | 你觉得那样有用吗 | 
| [22:21] | So many stories are based on fact. | 很多故事都是根据现实改编的 | 
| [22:23] | Think of all the great writers, | 想想那些著名的作家们 | 
| [22:25] | so much truth in fiction. | 小说里很多事都是真的 | 
| [22:29] | It could work. | 可能会有用 | 
| [22:32] | We could set fires around the fields using green wood, | 我们可以用绿木在田里生火 | 
| [22:34] | and when the main swarm comes, | 等虫群来了 | 
| [22:35] | there’ll be so much smoke, they won’t land. | 浓烟就会让它们无法落地 | 
| [22:39] | I mean, we’d lose some of the crop. | 我们的确会损失一部分庄稼 | 
| [22:42] | There’s no helping that. | 这是没办法的事 | 
| [22:43] | But if we can ward off the rest… | 但如果能守住剩余的… | 
| [22:46] | That could work. | 可能会有用 | 
| [22:48] | It could work. | 可能有用 | 
| [22:51] | We just have to create enough smoke to cover the fields. | 我们只要生足够的烟 盖住农田 | 
| [22:56] | Hanged? | 绞死 | 
| [22:58] | I thought ye said the Riot Act outlaws assembly. | 你不是说《暴乱法》只宣布聚集不合法 | 
| [23:01] | It does. | 没错 | 
| [23:02] | It also permits me to indict any man | 但我也可以因此指控 | 
| [23:04] | who was seen at the Hillsborough Riots | 那些曾经参与希尔斯堡暴乱 | 
| [23:06] | or any past riot. | 或其他暴乱的人 | 
| [23:07] | Think of it as delayed justice. | 想成是迟到的正义吧 | 
| [23:10] | I mean, these men should have been arrested months ago. | 这些人几个月前就该被抓起来了 | 
| [23:13] | And if they refuse to submit themselves | 如果他们拒绝 | 
| [23:15] | to the king’s justice? | 服从国王的审判呢 | 
| [23:17] | Then I’ve given the sheriffs leave | 我已经给予治安官们 | 
| [23:18] | to discipline any man who resists. | 管教违抗者的权力 | 
| [23:20] | As I said to you when you first arrived | 你刚来到这片海岸时 | 
| [23:21] | on these shores, Mr. Fraser, | 我就和你说过 弗雷泽先生 | 
| [23:23] | there is the law… | 法律是一回事 | 
| [23:24] | And then there is what is done. | 怎么做是另一回事 | 
| [23:27] | I’m glad you think so. | 很高兴你也同意 | 
| [23:31] | But I’m curious. | 但我很好奇 | 
| [23:34] | Why do this now? | 为什么现在要这么做 | 
| [23:37] | Your wife mentioned you were bound for New York. | 你的妻子说过你要去纽约 | 
| [23:40] | Yes, I begged her to exercise discretion | 是的 我让她在确定之前 | 
| [23:43] | until it was made certain, but, um… | 一定不要到处乱说 但是 | 
| [23:46] | been offered the governorship there. | 我要去担任那里的州长 | 
| [23:48] | I mean, there’s a few minor formalities | 还有一些小手续 | 
| [23:50] | that need to be observed, | 要先办妥 | 
| [23:51] | but I have friends who have assured me | 但我的朋友向我保证 | 
| [23:53] | it’s a fait accompli. | 这是板上钉钉的了 | 
| [23:58] | And I take it these “Friends” | 我想这些”朋友” | 
| [24:01] | ken the troubles we have with the Regulators? | 知道我们和监管者的梁子吧 | 
| [24:05] | You know, when I first took office in North Carolina, | 我刚来北北卡罗来纳州就职时 | 
| [24:09] | my wife wept for a week. | 我的妻子哭了一个星期 | 
| [24:13] | I shared many of her reservations, and yet… | 我受到了她的不少影响 但是 | 
| [24:16] | I must admit I have grown quite fond of the place. | 我不得不说我后来很喜欢那个地方 | 
| [24:20] | Pain me to leave it in chaos, | 我很不想让这里陷入混乱 | 
| [24:22] | legacy of lawlessness. | 成为犯罪之地 | 
| [24:24] | Some of these men are savage at times, | 这些人有时候的确是暴徒 | 
| [24:28] | but they’re not entirely godless. | 但并不是完全没救的 | 
| [24:35] | A legacy of mercy would be… | 一点仁慈… | 
| [24:36] | And they shall have mercy… | 他们会得到仁慈… | 
| [24:39] | if they choose it. | 只要他们选对了 | 
| [24:42] | Best of both worlds: heaven or hell. | 到底要去哪个世界 天堂还是地狱 | 
| [24:54] | Here’s two more. | 还有两个 | 
| [24:56] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [24:58] | Are you filling those pots with… | 这些壶里都是… | 
| [24:59] | Shite. Aye. | 屎 没错 | 
| [25:02] | I’m using it to stave off insects. | 我用这个来驱虫 | 
| [25:05] | And there I was thinking it usually attracted ’em. | 我倒是觉得这一般会吸引虫子 | 
| [25:08] | Oh, I’m making smudge pots. | 我在做烟熏炉 | 
| [25:10] | They’ve been used for centuries. | 这已经流传了好几个世纪 | 
| [25:13] | Oil and dung goes in here. | 往里面灌油和屎 | 
| [25:15] | We don’t have crude oil, obviously, | 当然了 我们没有原油 | 
| [25:17] | so we’re using goose fat. | 所以我们只能用鹅油 | 
| [25:19] | When the pot’s heated, smoke will pour out the top | 把壶烧热后 这就会像烟囱一样 | 
| [25:23] | like a wee chimney. | 往外冒烟 | 
| [25:26] | If we place enough of them out in the field, | 只要我们在田里多放几个 | 
| [25:28] | it should be enough to cover what the green fires can’t reach. | 应该就能覆盖绿木烟到不了的地方 | 
| [25:31] | Very impressive, Professor MacKenzie. | 真厉害 麦肯齐教授 | 
| [25:33] | Aye. | 是啊 | 
| [25:34] | The only problem is, I don’t know how | 唯一的问题是 我不知道 | 
| [25:37] | we’re gonna push the smoke from the firepits | 我们要怎么让炉子里的烟 | 
| [25:38] | out over the field. | 覆盖整个田地 | 
| [25:40] | Wind’s picking up. | 会有风 | 
| [25:43] | But who knows what it’ll be like by the time we’re ready? | 但谁知道我们准备好的时候到底会不会有风 | 
| [25:50] | I have an idea for that. | 我有一个主意 | 
| [25:52] | Here. I’ll handle this. | 交给我吧 | 
| [25:53] | You keep shoveling your shit. | 你就继续铲屎吧 | 
| [26:06] | Abigail, have you seen my husband? | 艾比盖尔 你见到我丈夫了吗 | 
| [26:09] | No, Mistress. Shall I look for him? | 没有 夫人 要我去找他吗 | 
| [26:11] | No. No, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 | 
| [26:13] | Don’t worry. | 不用费心 | 
| [26:19] | Chantilly lace, | 尚蒂伊花边 | 
| [26:20] | a favorite of the mistress of King Louis of France, | 法国路易国王的情妇 杜巴丽夫人 | 
| [26:23] | Madame du Barry. | 最最喜欢的 | 
| [26:25] | My humble gift to the soon-to-be Jocasta Innes. | 这是我给未来的乔卡斯特·英尼斯的一点礼物 | 
| [26:31] | Lovely. | 真不错 | 
| [26:31] | Pity, it would look far lovelier on you. | 真可惜 如果你穿会更好看 | 
| [26:35] | Oh, I’m afraid such things are hard to come by. | 恐怕这种东西还是很难得到的 | 
| [26:37] | The excise duties are quite inconvenient. | 消费税的确很不方面 | 
| [26:41] | That is, unless you know the right people. | 前提是你还得认识对的人 | 
| [26:48] | As I was saying, | 我也说了 | 
| [26:50] | fine lace is of little use to me out in the backcountry. | 在乡下 华丽的花边对我来说没有什么用 | 
| [26:52] | And I was saying, | 我也说了 | 
| [26:54] | if you knew the right people, | 如果认识对的人 | 
| [26:55] | you wouldn’t be languishing in the backcountry. | 就不会在乡村野外暗自神伤 | 
| [26:57] | You’d be enjoying the finer things in life. | 而会享受生活中美好的事物 | 
| [26:59] | I can procure you whatever you wish, | 你想要什么 喜欢什么 | 
| [27:01] | whatever your heart desires. | 我都可以给你 | 
| [27:04] | I know an Irish seafaring gentleman | 我认识一位航海的爱尔兰人 | 
| [27:05] | who does business in the port of Wilmington. | 他在威明顿港口做生意 | 
| [27:09] | You mean a-a smuggler? | 你是说走私犯吗 | 
| [27:12] | Why, Mistress Fraser, you wound me. | 弗雷泽夫人 你伤害了我 | 
| [27:15] | Do you take me for a common thief? | 把我当成一般的小偷 | 
| [27:17] | I only meant to imply that I have certain friends | 我只是说我认识一些朋友 | 
| [27:20] | who are in the business of acquiring rare | 他们可以帮忙弄到一些 | 
| [27:23] | and exquisite things. | 稀有精致的东西 | 
| [27:28] | Mr. Wylie… | 威利先生 | 
| [27:33] | I have something that may be of interest to you. | 我有个你或许会感兴趣的东西 | 
| [27:59] | Oh, it’s absolutely sinful. | 好喝到令人心生罪恶 | 
| [28:03] | My husband makes it. | 是我丈夫酿的 | 
| [28:05] | Which one is he, pray tell? | 请告诉我 你丈夫送你的是哪枚戒指 | 
| [28:07] | Silver or gold? | 银戒还是金戒 | 
| [28:12] | Silver. | 银戒 | 
| [28:14] | The gold is from my late husband. | 金戒是我亡夫送的 | 
| [28:20] | My sympathies. | 很遗憾 | 
| [28:23] | Do you mean to say that Mr. Fraser permits you to wear | 你是说弗雷泽先生允许你在他的戒指旁 | 
| [28:26] | another man’s token so near his own? | 还戴着其他男人的戒指 | 
| [28:29] | My husband is a very… | 我的丈夫非常 | 
| [28:31] | Clearly an extraordinary man. | 无疑是位伟大非凡的男人 | 
| [28:35] | May I ask when he died… | 你的亡夫 | 
| [28:39] | your first husband, I mean? | 是什么时候去世的 | 
| [28:43] | A lifetime ago. | 很久之前 | 
| [28:45] | He must have been quite the man to inspire | 过世多年还让你如此难忘 | 
| [28:47] | such devotion after all these years. | 他肯定是个很好的人 | 
| [28:51] | Yes, he was. | 确实 | 
| [28:52] | A star fixed in the firmament of a heart forever. | 心的苍穹上一颗永恒的星星 | 
| [28:58] | To love. | 敬爱情 | 
| [29:00] | Indeed. | 没错 | 
| [29:06] | Mr. Wylie, I was wondering if I might ask your advice. | 威利先生 不知能否请教你一件事 | 
| [29:11] | Certainly. I’m at your service. | 没问题 请随便问 | 
| [29:15] | On a matter of business. | 就是做生意的事 | 
| [29:18] | This man of yours, this associate… | 你的这位朋友 | 
| [29:22] | well, if he knew of a way… | 他是否有办法 | 
| [29:26] | to circumvent certain financial inconveniences… | 解决经济拮据的困境 | 
| [29:32] | Anything you want, name it, and it’s yours. | 你想要什么 说出来 我就能帮你搞定 | 
| [29:37] | Well, I was wondering… | 我只是想知道 | 
| [29:39] | my husband’s whisky venture, | 我丈夫的威士忌生意 | 
| [29:42] | it’s barely breaking even. | 刚能收支平衡 | 
| [29:45] | But a partner with the right connections… | 但如果有个有关系的合作伙伴 | 
| [29:50] | Trust me, Mr. Bonnet is possessed of… | 相信我 邦内特先生拥有 | 
| [29:54] | Shall we say a notoriously unhappy temper. | 这么说吧 他的脾气非常不好 | 
| [30:00] | He doesn’t do business with people he doesn’t know. | 他不和不熟悉的人做生意 | 
| [30:05] | Thankfully, we… | 幸运的是 我们 | 
| [30:08] | I would be dealing only with you. | 我只用和你做生意 | 
| [30:13] | And of course there’d be your share of the profits. | 当然你也会有该得的酬劳 | 
| [30:18] | It does pain me to hear such dull words as “Profit” | 从你这双漂亮的嘴唇里说出”酬劳” | 
| [30:22] | coming out of those lovely lips of yours. | 这个肮脏的词 还真让我受伤 | 
| [30:26] | Let’s not spoil such a splendid day by… | 别再谈论这些恼人的话题了 | 
| [30:30] | talking of such tedious matters. | 免得破坏这美好的一天 | 
| [30:34] | You’ve shown me your pride and joy. | 你让我见识到了你的骄傲和喜悦 | 
| [30:38] | Now I want to show you mine. | 现在该我给你展示了 | 
| [31:04] | Take it as far as you can. | 把这个拿得越远越好 | 
| [31:13] | See that the rest of those pots are delivered | 把剩下的炉子都拿到 | 
| [31:14] | to Evan Lindsay’s field. | 埃文·林赛的田里 | 
| [31:16] | Have your brother help too. | 让你弟弟也来帮忙 | 
| [31:17] | – Aye, Captain. – Go on. | -好 上尉 -去吧 | 
| [31:24] | You know, when your father left me in charge, | 你父亲把这里交给我时 | 
| [31:26] | I thought I might have to mend a fence, | 我还以为只是修修篱笆 | 
| [31:28] | wrangle the odd runaway cow, but no. | 把逃跑的奶牛牵回家 结果不是 | 
| [31:31] | I get a biblical plague. | 却遇到大规模灾祸 | 
| [31:58] | I’d like you to meet Lucas. | 我想让你见见卢卡斯 | 
| [32:04] | Magnificent. | 太漂亮了 | 
| [32:06] | Isn’t he? | 是啊 | 
| [32:07] | I believe he’s a descendant of Eclipse | 我相信它是达利阿拉伯马 | 
| [32:09] | of the Darley Arabian line. | 日蚀的后代 | 
| [32:12] | Eclipse? | 日蚀 | 
| [32:13] | One of the most famous racehorses who’s ever lived. | 有史以来最出名的赛马之一 | 
| [32:17] | Aren’t you sweet? | 你太可爱了 | 
| [32:19] | Sweet? | 可爱 | 
| [32:20] | Strange choice for such a magnificent creature. | 用这个词描述如此了不起的动物挺奇怪 | 
| [32:24] | All right, then… good-natured and spirited. | 好 那就是温顺精神 | 
| [32:29] | And above all, beautiful. | 最重要的是美丽 | 
| [32:32] | What the hell are you doing? | 你在干什么 | 
| [32:34] | Mistress Fraser, Claire, | 弗雷泽夫人 克莱尔 | 
| [32:37] | you madden me. | 我想你想到发疯 | 
| [32:43] | You bitch! | 你个贱人 | 
| [32:45] | Jamie, no! | 杰米 不 | 
| [32:46] | She plied me with drink | 她拿酒诱惑我 | 
| [32:48] | and practically begged me to take her where she stood. | 还恳求我将她就地正法 | 
| [32:50] | The woman’s a vile succubus! | 她就是个邪恶的女妖 | 
| [32:52] | How dare you? | 吃熊心豹子胆了你 | 
| [32:53] | Stop! | 住手 | 
| [32:54] | Are you really going to kill someone at your aunt’s wedding? | 你真的要在你姨妈的婚礼上杀人吗 | 
| [32:58] | He’s not worth it. | 他不值得脏了你的手 | 
| [33:08] | I see you near my wife again… | 要是让我看到你再靠近我妻子 | 
| [33:11] | I will kill you. | 我非杀了你 | 
| [33:13] | You understand? | 听懂了吗 | 
| [33:33] | Claire. | 克莱尔 | 
| [33:35] | What were ye thinking, | 你在想什么 | 
| [33:37] | spending time alone with a man like him? | 竟然跟这种人独处 | 
| [33:41] | He knows Stephen Bonnet. | 他认识斯蒂芬·邦内特 | 
| [33:45] | What? He told ye this? | 什么 他自己说的 | 
| [33:47] | Well, it turns out, it’s a very small world. | 原来这个世界很小 | 
| [33:50] | That smuggler he employs in Wilmington… | 他在威明顿雇的那个搞走私的 | 
| [33:53] | Wylie’s up to his neck in gambling debt. | 威利负债累累 | 
| [33:56] | So I-I thought if I could tempt him with a business deal, | 我就想如果能用一笔生意来诱惑他 | 
| [33:58] | then maybe he’d set up a meeting. | 或许他能安排一次见面 | 
| [34:01] | I had a feeling it was Stephen Bonnet. | 我就觉得那是斯蒂芬·邦内特 | 
| [34:03] | Turns out, I was right. | 结果 我想的没错 | 
| [34:05] | Christ. | 天啊 | 
| [34:07] | Speak of the devil and he appears. | 真是想什么来什么 | 
| [34:12] | Ye willna believe this. | 还有更难以置信的 | 
| [34:13] | Lord John told me Bonnet | 约翰大人告诉我 | 
| [34:15] | put a dagger to a man’s eyes in Wilmington. | 邦内特在威明顿把匕首刺进了一个人的眼睛里 | 
| [34:18] | Just goes to show what kind of man Wylie is. | 这恰恰能说明威利是个什么样的人 | 
| [34:21] | Now I’ve thrown him in horse shit | 如今我把他推进过马粪 | 
| [34:22] | and you’ve threatened to kill him. | 你又曾威胁要杀了他 | 
| [34:24] | How are we supposed to get him back on side? | 我们要怎么才能让他为我们所用 | 
| [34:29] | Ye say the man likes to gamble. | 你说他喜欢赌博 | 
| [35:28] | Don’t stop! Keep your fires going! | 继续煽 别让火熄灭 | 
| [35:44] | Is that good? | 这样可以了吗 | 
| [36:19] | Back so soon, Mr. Barlow? | 这么快就回来了 巴洛先生 | 
| [36:21] | I thought you’d had enough. | 我还以为你已经玩够了 | 
| [36:25] | It’s you. | 是你啊 | 
| [36:27] | If you think that’s enough to replace my coat, | 如果你觉得这些钱就够赔我的外衣 | 
| [36:30] | you’re sorely mistaken. | 真是大错特错 | 
| [36:31] | It was given to me by the countess of– | 我是从一位伯爵夫人… | 
| [36:33] | My wife was right. | 我夫人说的没错 | 
| [36:36] | I, uh, canna kill a man at my auntie’s wedding. | 我不能在我姨妈的婚礼动手杀人 | 
| [36:42] | So… | 所以 | 
| [36:45] | it seems we’ll have to settle this another way. | 看来我们得换种方式摆平这件事 | 
| [36:49] | If you’re referring to the incident in the stables, | 如果你说的是马厩里发生的事 | 
| [36:52] | it’s as I told you. | 正如我所说 | 
| [36:54] | I was the perfect gentleman. | 我可是光明磊落 | 
| [36:58] | Mr. Wylie. | 威利先生 | 
| [37:02] | You’re acquainted with the governor’s wife? | 你认识州长夫人吗 | 
| [37:08] | A fine woman, but, uh, between you and me… | 她是个好女人 不过 私下告诉你 | 
| [37:13] | She’s not known for her discretion. | 她不是一个守口如瓶的人 | 
| [37:16] | One word in her ear | 有些话传到她耳朵里 | 
| [37:18] | and in a fortnight, every man, woman, and child | 不出两星期 北卡州 | 
| [37:20] | in the Province of North Carolina | 所有男人 女人 小孩 | 
| [37:22] | will ken what kind of “Gentleman” you are. | 都会知道你是多么的”光明磊落”了 | 
| [37:28] | I’ve no doubt that Her Excellency thinks me a rake already. | 我很确信州长夫人已经认为我是个登徒子了 | 
| [37:35] | It’ll be no news to her. | 这话对她来说不稀奇 | 
| [37:37] | I’m afraid my reputation precedes me. | 恐怕我已经臭名远扬了 | 
| [37:42] | But, uh… | 不过 | 
| [37:44] | she hasn’t heard the things I have to say about ye. | 她还没听我告发你做的事呢 | 
| [37:49] | We settle this now. | 我们现在就来了结这件事 | 
| [37:52] | One game of whist. | 一局惠斯特 | 
| [37:55] | You win… | 你赢了 | 
| [37:57] | I’ll allow you to leave with your honor intact. | 我就保你名声周全 | 
| [38:02] | And if I lose? | 我要是输了呢 | 
| [38:04] | The stallion…Lucas. | 我要那匹种马 卢卡斯 | 
| [38:15] | Oh, you Scots are all alike, aren’t you? | 你们苏格兰人都是一个样子是吗 | 
| [38:18] | You brutes place far too high a price on things like pride. | 你们这些蠢货把尊严这种东西看得太值钱 | 
| [38:23] | The difference between you and me, Mr. Fraser, | 弗雷泽先生 你跟我的区别在于 | 
| [38:26] | is, given the choice between pride and gold… | 当尊严和钱财只能二选一时 | 
| [38:29] | I’d take gold any day. | 我永远都选钱财 | 
| [38:31] | Besides, Lucas is worth 10 times this amount. | 再说了 卢卡斯值这些钱的十倍 | 
| [38:37] | If you want to play at this table, Mr. Fraser, | 弗雷泽先生 你要是想玩这局牌 | 
| [38:40] | you’re going to have to produce | 你得亮出点 | 
| [38:41] | something far more valuable. | 更有价值的东西 | 
| [38:49] | Have you lost your mind? | 你疯了吗 | 
| [38:51] | He saw you wearing it earlier. | 他之前看见过你戴它 | 
| [38:55] | I dinna ken why, but he says | 我不知道为什么 但他说 | 
| [38:56] | it’s the only thing he’ll take for the horse. | 他只愿意用这个换那匹马 | 
| [38:57] | Because he saw how much this ring means to me. | 那是因为他知道这个戒指对我有多重要 | 
| [39:02] | Don’t you see, I humiliated him | 你不懂吗 我羞辱了他 | 
| [39:04] | and this is his idea of revenge. | 他这是要报复 | 
| [39:05] | And what if it is? | 是又怎么样 | 
| [39:07] | If I win this game, we get the horse. | 如果我赢了这局 我们就得到了那匹马 | 
| [39:09] | If we get the horse, | 如果我们得到那匹马 | 
| [39:11] | we get to take revenge on a man | 我们就能找那个 | 
| [39:12] | much worse than Philip Wylie. | 远比菲利普·威利更可恶的人报仇 | 
| [39:14] | No. | 不行 | 
| [39:16] | Not this. Not Frank’s ring. | 不能用这个 不能用弗兰克的戒指 | 
| [39:21] | Claire. | 克莱尔 | 
| [39:25] | Stephen Bonnet… | 斯蒂芬·邦内特… | 
| [39:26] | Stephen Bonnet tried to rip this out of my throat. | 斯蒂芬·邦内特曾不惜割开我的喉咙取出它 | 
| [39:30] | – Or have you forgotten? – That’s why I need you to trust me. | -你忘了吗 -所以我才要你相信我 | 
| [39:34] | This is our chance to get the bastard once and for all. | 利用这个机会 才能永远解决那个混蛋 | 
| [39:37] | I willna lose it, Claire. | 我不会输掉它的 克莱尔 | 
| [39:40] | And what if you do? | 如果你输掉了呢 | 
| [39:50] | Who are you doing this for? | 你这样做是为了谁 | 
| [39:55] | What do ye mean? | 你什么意思 | 
| [39:56] | Answer the question. | 回答我 | 
| [40:01] | For Bree…for our daughter. | 为了布丽 为了我们的女儿 | 
| [40:06] | For her honor… | 为了她的名声 | 
| [40:09] | or for yours? | 还是你的名声 | 
| [40:17] | If you’re going to take this… | 如果你想拿走它 | 
| [40:21] | Then you might as well take both of them. | 不如把两个戒指都拿走 | 
| [40:52] | We lost some beans. | 我们损失了一些豆子 | 
| [40:54] | The cornfield was saved. | 玉米地保住了 | 
| [40:56] | It worked. | 成功了 | 
| [40:59] | Captain MacKenzie. | 麦肯齐上尉 | 
| [41:05] | Mr. Lindsay. | 林赛先生 | 
| [41:10] | I thought this plan of yours was one of the most foolish | 我本来以为你这方法是我所听过的 | 
| [41:13] | I’d ever heard of. | 最愚蠢的一个 | 
| [41:15] | I’m indebted to ye. | 我得感激你 | 
| [41:17] | I only lost half an acre. | 我只损失了半亩田 | 
| [41:19] | My family willna go hungry this winter, | 今天冬天我全家不用挨饿了 | 
| [41:20] | thanks to you, Captain. | 都是多亏你 上尉 | 
| [41:23] | We all helped. | 大家都出力了 | 
| [41:30] | Maybe when Da returns, he’ll promote you to major. | 也许等爸回来 他会提拔你当少校 | 
| [41:35] | Christ. I hope not. | 天啊 还是不了吧 | 
| [41:59] | What is it? | 什么事 | 
| [42:04] | Mistress, um, a guest has arrived late. | 夫人 有位迟来的客人 | 
| [42:07] | He, uh, has a gift for you. | 他为您备了礼物 | 
| [42:09] | I’ll no’ receive any more visitors today, Ulysses. | 我今天不再接待访客了 尤利西斯 | 
| [42:13] | Tell him to leave it downstairs with the others. | 让他把礼物跟其他人的一起留在楼下 | 
| [42:15] | Well, that’s a right shame, | 那真是可惜了 | 
| [42:17] | seeing as I came all the way here to give it to ye myself. | 毕竟我大老远过来是为了亲自送给你 | 
| [42:23] | What are ye thinking, | 你在想什么 | 
| [42:25] | coming here today of all days? | 偏偏在今天过来 | 
| [42:27] | The governor himself is downstairs. | 州长本人可就在楼下 | 
| [42:29] | Lucky for me, I ran into your man outside, | 幸运的是 在我鲁莽行事前 | 
| [42:32] | and, well, that was before I could do anything rash. | 我在外面碰到了你的仆人 | 
| [42:36] | I, um, felt it wouldn’t do, Mistress, | 我觉得这样不太合适 夫人 | 
| [42:38] | to have a man shot the night before your wedding. | 在你婚礼前夜射杀别人 | 
| [42:53] | Ye’re completely mad, ye ken that? | 你太疯狂了 知道吗 | 
| [42:56] | Aye, I suppose that’s part of my charm. | 没错 我想这是我的魅力所在 | 
| [43:07] | I didna want to come empty-handed. | 我不想空着手过来 | 
| [43:31] | Why have ye come? | 你来干什么 | 
| [43:38] | To ask something of ye… | 来问你点事 | 
| [43:41] | Something I have no right to ask, | 虽然我无权过问 | 
| [43:44] | but I will all the same. | 但我还是想问 | 
| [43:50] | Because I can’t face the rest of my days if I don’t. | 因为如果不问清楚的话 我无法度过余生 | 
| [44:01] | Will ye wait for me? | 你愿意等我吗 | 
| [44:05] | Ye ask me now, the day before I’m to be wed. | 你现在来问我 在我婚礼的前一天 | 
| [44:09] | Ye have no love for Duncan Innes. Any fool can see that. | 你根本不爱邓肯·英尼斯 再蠢的人都看得出 | 
| [44:12] | Well, ye might have informed me of that | 你在我跟你说他向我求婚的那天 | 
| [44:13] | the day I told ye he proposed. | 就该告诉我这件事 | 
| [44:14] | Ye said not a word, | 可你当时什么也没说 | 
| [44:16] | only that ye wouldn’t stand in the way of my happiness. | 只说你不会阻碍我的幸福 | 
| [44:18] | Well, I’m standing in the way of it now, aren’t I? | 我现在阻碍了你的幸福 不是吗 | 
| [44:29] | Christ. | 老天 | 
| [44:35] | I didna think you’d say yes. | 我没想到你会答应 | 
| [44:43] | – If ye’d just listen to me– – To what end? | -如果你肯听我的 -为什么 | 
| [44:46] | Ye’re a wanted man, Murtagh. | 你是通缉犯 穆塔夫 | 
| [44:47] | Aye, for now. | 但只是暂时而已 | 
| [44:50] | But to have ye by my side in spite of everything, | 但不管发生了什么 你还在我身边 | 
| [44:53] | in spite of all that’s happened– | 不管发生了什么 | 
| [44:54] | Is that supposed to convince me? | 凭这几句话就想说服我吗 | 
| [44:56] | Is that an opinion, a reason, a question? | 这是观点 理由 还是问题 | 
| [45:00] | What are ye trying to say? | 你到底想说什么 | 
| [45:10] | I told ye once… | 我告诉过你 | 
| [45:12] | I wanted a woman who could hear in a man’s voice | 我想找的女人能从男人的话里 | 
| [45:16] | that he meant all the right things… | 听出来他是好意 | 
| [45:20] | Even if he hadna the right words to say. | 即使他没能很好地表达出来 | 
| [45:45] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [46:01] | Why in God’s name | 你到底为什么 | 
| [46:03] | would ye choose to grow old with a man like Innes? | 会选一个英尼斯这种的男人白头到老 | 
| [46:05] | I’ve long since grown old, Murtagh. | 我早就老了 穆塔夫 | 
| [46:09] | Ye cannot fault me for wanting to spend the time I have left | 你不能因为我想和一个好男人共度余生就责怪我 | 
| [46:12] | with a good man, man whose only cause will be my happiness. | 他唯一要做的就是确保我的幸福 | 
| [46:24] | Do you ken what it means? | 你知道这句话是什么意思吗 | 
| [46:29] | I shine, not burn. | 我光照四方 而不燃烧自己 | 
| [46:34] | My father told us that you could place a MacKenzie | 我父亲跟我们说如果把麦肯齐家族的人 | 
| [46:38] | in the hottest fires of hell itself, | 放在最烈的炼狱之火中 | 
| [46:40] | a fire that would burn any other man to bones, | 这火能把其他人挫骨扬灰 | 
| [46:42] | but a MacKenzie wouldna burn. | 但麦肯齐家族的人不会被焚 | 
| [46:46] | No. | 不会 | 
| [46:47] | A MacKenzie would survive. | 麦肯齐家族的人会幸存下来 | 
| [46:52] | The night we lost Culloden… | 我们输掉克罗登之战的那晚 | 
| [46:57] | Hector came running into the house | 赫克托跑进屋里 | 
| [47:00] | with a madness in his eyes I’d never seen before. | 我从没见过他那么疯狂的眼神 | 
| [47:03] | He told us–me and my youngest daughter, Morna… | 他让我们 我和我最小的女儿莫娜 | 
| [47:08] | Told us to gather up all we could carry. | 让我们把能带走的东西都收起来 | 
| [47:11] | We were going to America, he said, to a better world. | 我们要去美国 他说 去一个更好的世界 | 
| [47:16] | So we did as he bade us. | 所以我们照他说的做了 | 
| [47:19] | And we rode off in the dead of the night. | 然后我们在深夜骑马离开 | 
| [47:25] | We were bound for the estates of my eldest girls, | 我们准备去我大女儿们家里 | 
| [47:30] | Seonag and Clementina. | 香娜格和克莱门蒂娜 | 
| [47:31] | They had bairns of their own by then. | 她们那时已经有了自己的孩子 | 
| [47:35] | I kent well what the redcoats would do | 我很清楚英格兰军人 | 
| [47:39] | if they reached them | 抓到她们后会做什么 | 
| [47:40] | drunk as they were on the blood of Jacobites. | 詹姆斯二世党人的血让他们发狂 | 
| [47:47] | What I didna ken is that… | 我不知道的是 | 
| [47:50] | Hector had stolen a case of gold… | 赫克托偷走了一箱金子 | 
| [47:53] | Stuart gold… | 斯图尔特家的金子 | 
| [47:56] | arrived from France too late for the battle. | 从法国寄来的 用在战场为时已晚 | 
| [48:00] | We’d been traveling till near dawn | 我们一直在逃 直到黎明时分 | 
| [48:03] | when two dragoons came upon us, and… | 两个骑兵碰到了我们 | 
| [48:16] | She was 16, Morna. | 她才十六岁 莫娜 | 
| [48:18] | She was so beautiful. | 她那么美丽 | 
| [48:24] | I left her there in the mud, | 我把她遗弃在那片泥地里 | 
| [48:27] | lying next to strangers. | 躺在陌生人旁边 | 
| [48:32] | Her bones may be there still, on the road, gone to dust | 她的遗骨可能还在那里 在路上化成灰烬 | 
| [48:35] | while I’ve sat here for 30 years, | 而我却在这里住了三十年 | 
| [48:38] | growing old in a palace | 在这座豪宅里慢慢变老 | 
| [48:42] | made from the gold that took her from me. | 而建造这座宅子的金子从我身边带走了她 | 
| [48:48] | Seonag and Clementina perished in the fires. | 香娜格和克莱门蒂娜葬身火海 | 
| [49:01] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 | 
| [49:11] | Whenever I closed my eyes, I… | 无论何时 只要我闭上双眼 | 
| [49:15] | I-I saw it… | 我就能看见 | 
| [49:19] | Could h-hear Morna screaming for me, | 能听到莫娜向我尖叫的声音 | 
| [49:22] | could smell the fires burning to the north, | 能闻到大火烧向北方的味道 | 
| [49:25] | calling for the last of my children. | 召唤我最后的孩子 | 
| [49:29] | And when the world grew dim around me, | 当世界在我眼中慢慢变暗时 | 
| [49:32] | I saw it even clearer. | 我反而看得更加清晰 | 
| [49:36] | My blindness is punishment for…leaving her, | 眼盲是对我抛弃她的惩罚 | 
| [49:41] | for not looking back. | 对我不回头的惩罚 | 
| [49:47] | Hector believed in the Jacobite cause, | 赫克托信仰詹姆斯二世党的事业 | 
| [49:50] | and like you, | 而且和你一样 | 
| [49:52] | he believed he could change the world. | 他相信自己可以改变世界 | 
| [49:53] | And I lost everything because of it. | 而我为此失去了一切 | 
| [49:56] | I am not Hector. Hmm? | 我不是赫克托 | 
| [50:00] | I willna risk yer happiness. | 我不会拿你的幸福做赌注 | 
| [50:04] | After the war to come– | 接下来的这场战争结束后 | 
| [50:05] | There’ll be another and another, | 还会有无穷无尽的战争 | 
| [50:08] | on and on until long after we’re gone from the world. | 延续到我们与世长辞之后 | 
| [50:18] | You-you once said that… | 你曾经说过 | 
| [50:20] | you wanted a woman who truly lived, | 你想要的女人是活在现实中的 | 
| [50:23] | who kent what life is, not what she wished it to be. | 知道什么是命运 它不是理想化的一切 | 
| [50:27] | Well, I ken what this life is, Murtagh. | 我知道这辈子什么是命了 穆塔夫 | 
| [50:34] | And I ken what sort of man you are. | 我也知道你是什么样的男人 | 
| [50:40] | What sort of man is that? | 是什么样的男人 | 
| [50:46] | A sort of man | 是那种 | 
| [50:49] | who will lose everything for what he believes in. | 会因为自己的信仰失去一切的男人 | 
| [50:56] | The sort of man I swore | 我发誓不会 | 
| [50:57] | I would never give my heart to again. | 再对这种男人付出真心 | 
| [51:03] | Please… | 拜托了 | 
| [51:06] | go. | 走吧 | 
| [51:08] | I must rest for tomorrow. | 我必须休息 为明天做准备 | 
| [51:23] | I love ye, Jocasta MacKenzie. | 我爱你 乔卡丝塔·麦肯齐 | 
| [51:27] | This world may change… | 世道可能会变 | 
| [51:32] | But that will never change. | 但我对你的爱不会变 | 
| [51:52] | I only wish I’d been brave enough to say it sooner. | 我只希望我有足够的勇气早点说出来 | 
| [52:28] | I hope you’re worth it. | 希望你值得 | 
| [52:35] | I’ve been looking for ye. | 我一直在找你 | 
| [52:41] | – You’re drunk. – Hmm. | -你喝醉了 -是的 | 
| [52:45] | Had cause to celebrate. | 我有理由庆祝 | 
| [52:53] | I didn’t think there was anything else | 我没想到斯蒂芬·邦内特 | 
| [52:55] | Stephen Bonnet could take from us. | 还能夺走我们其他的东西 | 
| [52:59] | But you almost let him take those. | 但你差点让他夺走了我的戒指 | 
| [53:02] | Bonnet had nothing to do with this. | 这事跟邦内特无关 | 
| [53:05] | You’re condemning me for | 你在因为 | 
| [53:06] | wanting to make Wylie pay for what he did to you. | 我想让威利为他对你做的事付出代价而责怪我 | 
| [53:08] | No, I’m condemning you | 不 我是因为 | 
| [53:10] | for letting your hatred of Bonnet and Wylie come between us. | 你让自己对邦内特和威利的仇恨介入我们之间而责怪你 | 
| [53:14] | You let him use your Scottish pride against you. | 你让他利用你的苏格兰骄傲来对付你 | 
| [53:17] | My pride. | 我的骄傲 | 
| [53:19] | What about yours? | 那你的骄傲呢 | 
| [53:21] | Ye say and do what ye like, no matter the consequences. | 你为所欲为 不管后果 | 
| [53:24] | You think too much from your own time. | 你的思维还停留在你的年代 | 
| [53:27] | I don’t need you to tell me how to behave, thank you. | 我不需要你教我如何举止得体 谢谢 | 
| [53:30] | Sometimes you need reminding. | 有时候你需要提醒 | 
| [53:37] | You’re a woman like no other, Sassenach. | 你是个独一无二的女人 英格兰人 | 
| [53:40] | But don’t forget… you’re still a woman. | 但你别忘了 你还是个女人 | 
| [54:30] | Look. Look down. | 往下看 | 
| [54:37] | Watch as I take ye. | 看我占有你 | 
| [54:42] | Watch, damn ye. | 看啊 该死的 | 
| [55:05] | Ye dinna hate me for coming after ye | 你不恨我像饥渴的野兽一样 | 
| [55:07] | like a…raven beast? | 占有你吗 | 
| [55:12] | No. | 不 | 
| [55:15] | Actually, I quite liked that part. | 实际上 我挺喜欢那部分的 | 
| [55:21] | Though I think I have a rather nasty bruise. | 但是我的瘀伤好像很严重 | 
| [55:33] | Wish I had seen the look on Wylie’s face when he lost. | 真希望我能看到威利输掉时的表情 | 
| [55:38] | The man was almost in tears… | 那家伙差点哭了 | 
| [55:40] | till I told him I’d trade him the beast | 直到我告诉他 我愿意用这匹马 | 
| [55:43] | for a whisky partnership. | 来交换跟他合作售卖威士忌 | 
| [55:46] | And an introduction to the best smuggler in North Carolina? | 还要向你介绍北卡州最好的走私犯吗 | 
| [55:50] | Aye. | 是啊 | 
| [55:52] | Mr. Bonnet will be personally meeting | 邦内特先生将亲自会见 | 
| [55:53] | Mr. Alexander Malcolm, | 亚历山大·马尔科姆先生 | 
| [55:56] | purveyor of the finest whisky in the Carolinas. | 卡罗来纳州最好的威士忌酒商 | 
| [56:00] | And I thought Mr. Malcolm’s smuggling days were well over. | 我还以为马尔科姆先生走私的日子已经过去了 | 
| [56:05] | Believe me, so did I. | 相信我 我也这么想 | 
| [56:11] | We have him. | 我们找到他了 | 
| [56:14] | The bastard will finally pay for what he’s done. | 那个混蛋会为自己的所作所为付出代价 | 
| [56:20] | You were right, Claire. | 你是对的 克莱尔 | 
| [56:23] | I’m not doing this for Bree. I’m… | 我这样做不是为了布丽 我 | 
| [56:26] | I’m doing it because I-I want to see | 我这样做是因为我想看到 | 
| [56:28] | the monster that hurt our daughter dead, | 伤害我们女儿的禽兽付出生命的代价 | 
| [56:31] | for no other reason but I need to see it done. | 没有其他原因 就是我想亲眼看到 | 
| [56:35] | Is that so wrong? | 这样有错吗 | 
| [56:39] | No. | 没有 | 
| [56:45] | Promise me, Jamie… | 向我保证 杰米 | 
| [56:49] | Promise me that Stephen Bonnet | 向我保证斯蒂芬·邦内特 | 
| [56:51] | will never take another thing from us again. | 再也不会夺走我们的任何东西 | 
| [57:11] | I promise. | 我保证 | 
| [57:19] | I promise… | 我保证 | 
| [57:26] | That these rings will never leave your hands again. | 这些戒指再也不会离开你的手指 | 
| [57:32] | I swear it. | 我发誓 | 
| [58:10] | Is this what the gentlemen of America are drinking? | 现在美国绅士就喝这玩意儿吗 | 
| [58:14] | I’m afraid they don’t serve ale at the coffeehouse. | 恐怕咖啡馆不卖麦芽酒 | 
| [58:17] | What makes you think I prefer ale? | 你为什么觉得我更喜欢喝麦芽酒 | 
| [58:21] | No, I-I was just… | 不 我只是 | 
| [58:28] | I meant nothing by it, Mr. Bonnet. | 我没有别的意思 邦内特先生 | 
| [58:31] | I thank you for coming. I know you’re a busy man. | 谢谢你来这里 我知道你很忙 | 
| [58:33] | I… | 我 | 
| [58:35] | I’ve come from River Run | 我从奔流庄园过来 | 
| [58:39] | and the wedding of Jocasta Cameron. | 那里在办乔卡丝塔·卡梅隆的婚礼 | 
| [58:41] | Cameron? | 卡梅隆 | 
| [58:44] | Kin to James Fraser? | 詹姆斯·弗雷泽的亲戚吗 | 
| [58:46] | The very same– Mistress Innes now, of course. | 是的 现在是英尼斯夫人了 | 
| [58:51] | Well, you must give the old bat my heartfelt congratulations. | 你必须给那老家伙我衷心的祝贺 | 
| [58:54] | As a matter of fact, | 实际上 | 
| [58:56] | it appears you’re to be congratulated. | 似乎我该恭喜你才是 | 
| [59:01] | Your son is now the proud owner of River Run. | 你儿子现在是奔流庄园的主人了 | 
| [59:16] | Your Excellency. | 大人 | 
| [59:18] | I’ve received some rather regrettable news. | 我收到了一些令人遗憾的消息 | 
| [59:20] | It’s a shame after such a lovely celebration, | 真是太遗憾了 毕竟我们刚经历这么美好的庆祝活动 | 
| [59:21] | but it’s the way of the world, unfortunately. | 但是很不幸 这就是世道 | 
| [59:24] | Do you know how many Regulators submitted themselves | 你知道有多少监管者向法院 | 
| [59:25] | to the mercy of the courts? | 投案自首了吗 | 
| [59:27] | Not one. Not one man. | 一个都没有 | 
| [59:31] | I had hoped it wouldn’t come to this, | 我本希望事情不必发展到这个地步 | 
| [59:32] | but it seems we’re gonna have our war after all. | 但我们似乎终于还是要打仗了 | 
| [59:35] | I’ve arranged for a convoy of munitions | 我已经派人去送一队军需品 | 
| [59:36] | to be delivered to General Waddell. | 交给沃德尔将军 | 
| [59:38] | As soon as he is in receipt of those, | 他一旦收到 | 
| [59:39] | he will meet with me in Hillsborough. | 就会在希尔斯堡跟我碰头 | 
| [59:41] | You’re to gather your men and then find us there | 你去召集人手 两周内 | 
| [59:42] | within the fortnight. | 去希尔斯堡见我们 | 
| [59:43] | Oh, and you’re free to enjoy | 你可以尽情享受 | 
| [59:44] | this evening’s festivities. | 今晚的庆祝活动 | 
| [59:48] | Don’t worry, Colonel. | 别担心 上校 | 
| [59:50] | It should all be a very quick fight. | 这应该是一场很快的战斗 | 
| [59:53] | Aye, and the Regulators are disorganized… | 是啊 监管者缺乏组织 | 
| [59:58] | no way prepared for war against the Crown. | 不可能准备好了对抗国王的战争 |