时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | Mistress MacKenzie. May I present my son. | 麦肯齐夫人 我介绍一下我的儿子 |
[00:43] | William Ransom. | 威廉蓝森 |
[00:45] | This is the deed to the house. Your name’s on it now with all the bank accounts. | 这是房子的契约 你的名字 和所有的银行账户都在上面 |
[00:48] | I went through the stones to save my baby. | 我曾经穿过石头去救我的孩子 |
[00:51] | I can’t believe this is goodbye. | 我不敢相信这是再见 |
[00:53] | Are you interested? | 你们感兴趣吗 |
[00:59] | -Mr. Cornelius Harnett, I presume. -How do I know we can trust you? | -您就是科尼利厄斯哈内特先生吧 -我怎么知道我们可以信任你 |
[01:02] | There’ll be soldiers coming through that door to make arrests. | 很快就会有士兵冲进来 要逮捕到叛党 |
[01:05] | -How do you know? -Tell them to leave. | -你怎么会知道这事 -让大家离开 |
[01:09] | It was by my hand that this woman has died. | 是我亲手杀死了这个女人 |
[01:12] | A life for a life. | 一命还一命 |
[01:13] | When you’ve something worth taking, you’ll see me again. | 等你有了值得被拿走的东西 你会再见到我 |
[01:18] | I made a promise to my sister. I’d bring Young Ian back to her. | 我对姐姐许下过承诺 我会把小伊恩带回她身边 |
[01:22] | The musket balls will be enough for passage to Scotland. | 这些火枪弹足够我们去苏格兰了 |
[01:48] | You’re back. How was it? | 你回来了 怎么样 |
[01:50] | Found this at Oxfam. | 在乐施会找到了这个 |
[01:53] | Bit of seasoning, it’ll be right as rain. A wee taste of home. | 加点调料就会很美味 有点家的味道 |
[01:57] | It’s perfect. | 棒极了 |
[02:00] | Mama. Mandy hit me. | 妈妈 曼迪打我 |
[02:02] | With a stick. And she didn’t say she was sorry. | 拿棍子打的 而且她没有道歉 |
[02:07] | Mandy. | 曼迪 |
[02:08] | -Say you’re sorry. -Won’t. | -道歉 -我不 |
[02:10] | Aye, you will. | 要 你要道歉 |
[02:11] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[02:20] | -Sorry about that. -It’s nae bother. | -抱歉让你见笑了 -完全不会 |
[02:22] | I’ve got wee ones myself. If they’d been living in a caravan for two years, | 我自己也有孩子 要是他们 在大篷车里住两年 |
[02:26] | they’d have driven me mad wi’ their mischief. | 也会用他们的恶作剧把我逼疯的 |
[02:29] | Yeah, it’s been a lot. | 对 已经经历过很多了 |
[02:31] | How close are we on the bedrooms upstairs? | 楼上的卧室还有多久弄好 |
[02:34] | Well, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about. | 这就是我想和你们谈的 |
[02:52] | I was meaning to say, | 我是想说 |
[02:54] | it’s brilliant you’re so keen to preserve the murals in the dining room, | 你们如此热衷于 保存餐厅里的壁画真是太棒了 |
[02:57] | but are you sure you won’t let me plaster over that slash? | 但你们确定不要 我在那个划痕处抹石膏吗 |
[03:01] | Bit of an eyesore now I’ve fixed everything else up. | 现在我把所有东西都修好了 它有点碍眼 |
[03:06] | It’s been there since just after the ’45. We’re keeping it. | 那个1945年后就在那儿了 我们要留着 |
[03:11] | You were saying, the bedrooms. | 你是要谈卧室的事 |
[03:13] | Right. We can start upstairs as early as next week. | 对 我们最快下周 就可以开始楼上的装修了 |
[03:17] | Whoever did the roof before did an okay job, | 之前修屋顶的人干得不错 |
[03:19] | but there’s loads of work up there still. | 但仍有大量工作要做 |
[03:23] | So I’ve changed the estimate. | 所以我调整了估价 |
[03:31] | We’re not looking for Buckingham Palace, just a simple upstairs. | 我们要的不是白金汉宫 只是简单装修一下楼上 |
[03:35] | I know it’s higher than you were expecting. | 我知道这比你们预期的要高 |
[03:37] | -It’s astronomical. -Well, have a think. | -这是天文数字 -考虑一下吧 |
[03:46] | -Bree, this is– -We don’t have it, do we? | -布丽 这… -我们没钱 是吧 |
[03:49] | We’ve burnt through nearly everything to get this far. | 我们几乎耗尽了一切才走到这一步 |
[03:54] | Well, we’re halfway in. | 我们已经完成了一半 |
[03:56] | We have a working kitchen, we have flushing toilets. | 我们有一个基本够用的厨房 我们有抽水马桶 |
[04:00] | We’re living the 20th century dream. | 我们正在实现20世纪的梦想 |
[04:14] | ♪ Sing me a song ♪ | 给我唱一首歌 |
[04:16] | ♪ Of a lass that is gone ♪ | 一首女孩已经远去的歌 |
[04:20] | ♪ Say, could that lass ♪ | 你说那个女孩 |
[04:23] | ♪ Be I? ♪ | 能否是我 |
[04:26] | ♪ Merry of soul ♪ | 精神喜悦 |
[04:28] | ♪ She sailed on a day ♪ | 她有一天扬帆远航 |
[04:31] | ♪ Over the sea ♪ | 驶向大海 |
[04:34] | ♪ To Skye ♪ | 驶向斯凯 |
[04:37] | ♪ Billow and breeze ♪ | 巨浪 微风 |
[04:40] | ♪ Islands and seas ♪ | 岛屿 大海 |
[04:43] | ♪ Mountains of rain and sun ♪ | 倾盆大雨 明媚阳光 |
[04:48] | ♪ All that was good ♪ | 曾经的一切美好 |
[04:51] | ♪ All that was fair ♪ | 曾经的一切舒适 |
[04:54] | ♪ All that was me ♪ | 曾经的我 |
[04:56] | ♪ Is gone ♪ | 已经远去 |
[05:00] | ♪ Sing me a song ♪ | 给我唱一首歌 |
[05:02] | ♪ Of a lass that is gone ♪ | 一首女孩已经远去的歌 |
[05:05] | ♪ Say, could that lass ♪ | 你说那个女孩 |
[05:08] | ♪ Be I? ♪ | 能否是我 |
[05:11] | ♪ Merry of soul ♪ | 精神喜悦 |
[05:13] | ♪ She sailed on a day ♪ | 她有一天扬帆远航 |
[05:16] | ♪ Over the sea ♪ | 驶向大海 |
[05:21] | ♪ To Skye ♪ | 驶向斯凯 |
[05:36] | ♪ Sing me a song ♪ | 给我唱一首歌 |
[05:40] | ♪ Of a lass that is gone ♪ | 一首女孩已经远去的歌 |
[05:44] | ♪ Say, could that lass ♪ | 你说那个女孩 |
[05:49] | ♪ Be I? ♪ | 能否是我 |
[06:18] | What are you looking for? | 你在找什么 |
[06:20] | I’m hungry, thought I’d have– | 我饿了 以为我带了… |
[06:24] | -An apple. -An apple? | -一个苹果 -一个苹果 |
[06:27] | Dinna want to catch that scurvy you speak about. | 不想得你说的那个坏血病 |
[06:30] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不会得的 |
[06:35] | Here. | 给你 |
[06:42] | How is it? | 味道如何 |
[06:44] | Delicious. | 好吃 |
[06:48] | Nice try, Jamie Fraser. | 不错 杰米弗雷泽 |
[06:51] | But I learned a long time ago | 但是我很久以前就知道 |
[06:53] | that Highlanders have an innate suspicion of fresh fruit. Here. | 高地人天生不爱吃新鲜水果 给你 |
[06:58] | But eat your apple as well. We’re going to be on a ship for three months. | 但你把苹果也吃了吧 我们要在船上待三个月呢 |
[07:03] | -If you say so, Sassenach. -I do say so. | -如果你这么说的话 英格兰人 -我就是这么说的 |
[07:06] | How many women do you know who are my age who still have all their own teeth? | 你认识的女人中有多少 还像我这样有一口好牙的 |
[07:11] | Well, I admit, you’re very well-preserved for such an old crone. | 我承认你这老太婆牙是保护得挺好 |
[07:16] | An old crone? | 老太婆 |
[07:24] | Who’s there? | 谁在那里 |
[07:31] | Arch Bug. | 阿奇巴格 |
[07:34] | Is that you? | 是你吗 |
[07:38] | Show yourself. I’m no’ afraid of you. | 出来吧 我不怕你 |
[07:42] | I ken you made a promise and I ken you mean to keep it. | 我知道你承诺过 我知道你打算兑现它 |
[07:47] | Well then, let’s settle it here and now, man. | 那么 我们现在就做个了结吧 伙计 |
[07:52] | I’m no’ afraid of you, do you hear? | 我不怕你 你听到了吗 |
[07:54] | Calm yourself. | 冷静 |
[07:56] | It’s not him. It’s in your head. | 不是他 那是你的想象 |
[07:59] | This is what he wants. For it to eat you up inside. It’s nothing. | 这就是他想要的 让那些吞噬你 那里什么都没有 |
[08:04] | I’m no’ worried for myself, Uncle. | 我不是担心自己 叔叔 |
[08:08] | But he means to kill someone I love. | 但他是想杀死我爱的人 |
[08:11] | And he kens how much I love the two of you. | 他知道我有多爱你们两个 |
[08:14] | Arch Bug will no’ be killing anyone. | 巴格先生不会杀死任何人 |
[08:17] | The three of us, together, we’ll make sure of that. | 我们三个人会在一起 我们会确保这一点 |
[08:23] | Get the fire going, lad. | 去生火吧 小伙子 |
[08:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:58] | Just about all that declaration is good for. The arrogance of it. | 这个声明的好处就在于此 真傲慢 |
[09:04] | Uncle Hal will be proud of you. | 哈尔叔叔会为你感到骄傲的 |
[09:06] | Trust you to bring up my father at a time like this. | 你居然这时候提起我的父亲 |
[09:09] | He’d be mortified to see me in my current state. | 看到我现在的状态 他会感到羞愧的 |
[09:12] | I’m expected to have a dazzling career. | 他指望我能成就一番事业 |
[09:13] | Oh, come now, don’t be so dour, cousin. We’re celebrating your new posting. | 得了 别这么消沉 表弟 我们要庆祝你的新职位 |
[09:18] | I’m still awaiting my orders. | 我还在等待我的命令呢 |
[09:19] | Yes, but New York? | 是的 但是纽约 |
[09:22] | Just seems so far away. | 似乎太遥远了 |
[09:24] | We did not leave England just to languish here in North Carolina. | 我们离开英格兰 并不是为了在北卡罗来纳州受苦 |
[09:28] | We left to put down this rebellion once and for all. | 我们离开是为了彻底平息这场叛乱 |
[09:32] | It will be glorious. | 这会是一件光荣的事 |
[09:34] | Yes, “glorious.” | 对 “光荣” |
[09:37] | Or bloody carnage. | 或者是血腥屠杀 |
[09:40] | I do wish you’d been posted there with me, William. | 我真希望你能和我一起去 威廉 |
[09:43] | Soon, I hope. | 我希望很快就会 |
[09:47] | But tonight, we’re drinking to you. | 但今晚 我们要敬你 |
[10:04] | -I’m weary, William. -The night is young, cousin. | -我累了 威廉 -天色还早 表弟 |
[10:08] | Bloody whore! | 该死的婊子 |
[10:10] | Keep your hands off of me. | 别碰我 |
[10:13] | Please. Please, stop it. | 求你了 住手 |
[10:16] | I’m sorry! | 我很抱歉 |
[10:19] | You damned fireship! | 该死的妓女 |
[10:21] | She’s got the pox! | 她得了瘟疫 |
[10:24] | Please, I didn’t know. | 求你了 我不知道 |
[10:27] | Look at your neck. It’s scarlet! | 看看你的脖子 是红色的 |
[10:31] | You expect me to believe you didn’t know, whore? | 你以为我会相信你不知情 婊子 |
[10:34] | You tried to kill me and made me pay for the pleasure of it. | 你想害死我 让我为一时的欢愉付出代价 |
[10:45] | Fireship! Fireship! | 烧死她 |
[10:47] | Fireship! Fireship! | 烧死她 |
[10:49] | -Whore! -Put boots to that whore. | -妓女 -打死那个妓女 |
[10:51] | Fireship! Fireship! Fireship! | 烧死她 |
[10:55] | -He’s going to kill her. -Don’t. | -他会杀死她的 -不 |
[11:32] | God curse you! | 上帝诅咒你们 |
[11:36] | May your goddamned pricks all rot and fall off! | 愿你们的鸡鸡烂掉 |
[11:40] | Got too many hot coals up your ass, Lieutenant? | 中尉 惹了太多麻烦吗 |
[11:44] | You vile bastard! | 你这个卑鄙的混蛋 |
[11:45] | What’s happened here? | 这里出什么事了 |
[11:48] | We should go. | 我们该走了 |
[11:51] | William. | 威廉 |
[11:54] | Let’s get another drink, mate. | 让我们再喝一杯 伙计 |
[12:03] | “Your grandmother says it’s always 200 years, give or take.” | “你外婆说 差不多是两百年” |
[12:08] | “This is true in the old fairy tales, and in our own experience.” | “在古老的童话故事 和我们自己的经验中都是如此” |
[12:13] | “But Geillis Duncan went further than that.” | “但吉利斯邓肯想得更远” |
[12:16] | “Of course, her belief in the necessity of blood sacrifice is wrong.” | “当然 她认为血祭是没必要的” |
[12:21] | “Blood sacrifice is wrong.” Well, yeah. | “血祭是没必要的” 对 |
[12:31] | It’s gonna take me bloody 200 years to write all this down. | 我要花上两百年的时间 才能写下这一切 |
[12:38] | What the hell? | 什么玩意儿 |
[12:40] | Gold? | 金子 |
[12:52] | Jem, Mandy, it’s time to get you ready for school. | 耶米、曼迪 你们该准备上学了 |
[12:56] | Let’s get you up and dressed. | 起来穿衣服吧 |
[12:59] | Jemmy. | 耶米 |
[13:01] | Why is my clock-radio in bits on the floor? | 我的时钟收单机为什么散落在地上 |
[13:06] | Jeremiah? | 耶利米 |
[13:12] | According to Jemmy, we have an infestation of fairy folk. | 根据耶米的说法 我们家里来了很多仙女 |
[13:23] | You want to tell us the truth about what happened to the radio? | 你想告诉我们到底发生了什么吗 |
[13:26] | The pixies came and took it apart. | 小精灵来把它拆开了 |
[13:29] | Right. | 对 |
[13:32] | No pocket money this week. Go get ready for school. | 这周没有零用钱了 去准备上学吧 |
[13:40] | -Can you put it back together? -Sure. | -你能把它修好吗 -当然可以 |
[13:43] | If the pixies didn’t lose any of the parts. | 如果小精灵没弄丢任何零件的话就行 |
[13:48] | I wonder where he got that from. | 我想知道他是从哪里听说的 |
[13:50] | Scotland has its fair share of fairy folk, but pixies, | 苏格兰有很多仙女的故事 但是小精灵 |
[13:55] | is a wee bit frivolous for us. | 那对我们来说有点无聊 |
[13:57] | We tend toward the grimmer manifestations of the supernatural. | 我们倾向于更阴森的超自然生物 |
[14:01] | Water horses, | 水马 |
[14:02] | banshee, uh, | 女妖 |
[14:05] | blue hags. | 蓝色女巫 |
[14:08] | It’s not like Jemmy to lie. | 耶米不像在撒谎 |
[14:10] | So you think we’ve had some supernatural visitors, too? | 所以你也觉得 有超自然生物来过我们家 |
[14:15] | Well, they do say they have a fondness for precious metals, | 人们确实说过他们喜欢贵金属 |
[14:18] | and I did find this. | 我也确实找到了这个 |
[14:21] | I was mindlessly rolling it around in my fingers and… | 我随意地在手指间摆弄它… |
[14:26] | Mama and Da must’ve put it in the box as a clue about the Jacobite gold. | 妈妈和爸爸一定把它放在盒子里 作为詹姆士黄金的线索了 |
[14:30] | Do you think we should talk to Jemmy about it? | 你认为我们应该和耶米谈谈吗 |
[14:32] | See what he knows? | 看看他知道什么 |
[14:35] | Not yet. | 还不行 |
[14:38] | I am glad they’ll have your book someday, to help them understand. | 我很高兴他们有一天会拿到你的书 以帮助他们理解 |
[14:41] | -But for now, I just want them to be– -Kids. | -但现在 我只想让他们当… -孩子 |
[14:46] | Yeah, me, too. | 对 我也是 |
[14:50] | How’s it going? | 你怎么样 |
[14:52] | You look good sitting at that desk. | 你坐在桌子前的样子挺不错 |
[14:55] | I can picture Da sitting here. Do you feel like a laird behind it? | 我能想象爸爸坐在这里的样子 你觉得自己坐在后面像个领主吗 |
[15:01] | Do I look like a laird? | 我看起来像个领主吗 |
[15:10] | Shoot, I’m gonna be late. I need to go. A kiss for luck? | 哎呀 我要迟到了 我得走了 来个幸运之吻吗 |
[15:14] | Aye. | 好的 |
[15:35] | Sir. Lieutenant Lord Ellesmere. | -长官好 -埃尔斯米尔勋爵中尉 |
[15:38] | Some rather disgraceful events last night. | 昨晚发生了一些相当可耻的事情 |
[15:42] | I did hear, however, that one man tried to intervene. | 但我确实听说有个人试图站出来干预 |
[15:45] | I couldn’t prevent it, Captain Richardson. | 我无法阻止事情的发生 理查森上尉 |
[15:47] | But you tried., | 但你尝试了 |
[15:49] | Very few men have the courage to confront their fellow soldiers. | 极少数人有勇气跟自己的战友对峙 |
[15:56] | I have a proposition to put before you, Lieutenant. | 我有个职位想提供给你 中尉 |
[15:59] | Yes, sir. | 好的 长官 |
[16:00] | I am charged with the gathering of intelligence in the southern colonies. | 我负责在南部殖民地收集情报 |
[16:05] | Not that I’m in command of such operations, | 并不是说我在指挥这些行动 |
[16:07] | but a small part of them. | 我只是负责其中一小部分 |
[16:08] | I appreciate the value of such operations, sir. | 长官 我很欣赏这种行动的价值 |
[16:12] | But for myself– | 但就我而言… |
[16:13] | You have no interest in spying, of course not. | 你没兴趣当间谍 当然没有 |
[16:16] | Few men who regard themselves as soldiers do. | 很少有自认为是士兵的人有兴趣 |
[16:18] | I am not, however, recruiting you as a spy, | 但我不是要招你当间谍 |
[16:22] | but rather as a messenger to our allies. | 而是作为我们盟友的信使 |
[16:24] | I gather from your father you’ve traveled extensively | 我听你父亲说 你在家族种植园所在地 |
[16:27] | in North Carolina and Virginia, where you have a plantation? | 北卡罗来纳州和弗吉尼亚州 广泛游历过 |
[16:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:31] | Are you familiar with the Great Dismal Swamp? | 你熟悉大阴暗沼泽吗 |
[16:34] | I am. | 熟悉 |
[16:35] | A fetid place. I’ve traveled there on hunting expeditions. | 一个臭气熏天的地方 我在那里狩过猎 |
[16:43] | Do not open these. | 别把信打开 |
[16:46] | They are for Samuel Cartwright, Henry Carver, | 这些信只能让塞缪尔卡特赖特 亨利卡佛 |
[16:48] | and Joshua Harrington’s eyes only. | 和约书亚哈灵顿过目 |
[16:52] | Remember those names, they will not be written down. | 记住这几个名字 不会写下来 |
[16:56] | You will find them in Dismal Town. | 你要去阴暗镇找到他们 |
[17:00] | Say only you are a friend of Cartwright’s cousin | 就说你是卡特赖特表弟的朋友 |
[17:03] | and looking for work. | 是去找工作的 |
[17:06] | Deliver these letters with the utmost discretion. | 递送这些信件要极为谨慎 |
[17:09] | When that is done, travel north and join General Burgoyne’s forces in New York. | 送达后 往北走 加入纽约的 伯戈因将军的部队 |
[17:14] | I’ll be there as well. | 我也会去那里 |
[17:16] | I will not disappoint you, sir. | 我不会让你失望的 先生 |
[17:18] | Depart today, as soon as you are able. | 可以的话 今天就出发 |
[17:29] | And see you don’t die. | 要活下来 |
[17:47] | You don’t mind me eating, do you, Miss, um… | 你不介意我吃东西吧 小姐… |
[17:50] | Mrs. MacKenzie. | 麦肯齐夫人 |
[17:52] | Oh, that’s right. In fact, do you want to fetch us both a quick cuppa? | 没错 事实上 你能给咱俩各拿一杯茶吗 |
[17:58] | milk. | 加奶 |
[17:59] | Just a splash, yeah. | 就一点 对 |
[18:08] | Oh, and two sugars, if you please. | 两块糖 如果你愿意的话 |
[18:10] | If you remember that, you’ll do well here. | 如果你能记得这一点 你会在这里做得很好 |
[18:24] | -Here are my credentials. -Mmm. | 这是我的证书 |
[18:28] | As you can see, I was working toward my degree in engineering at MIT. | 如您所见 我正在攻读 麻省理工学院的工程学位 |
[18:33] | I’ve had a couple of apprenticeships, | 我有过几次实习经历 |
[18:35] | and I was top of my class, before taking some time off due to family issues. | 在因家庭问题请假之前 我是班上的佼佼者 |
[18:39] | I’ve earned the relevant City & Guilds qualification– | 我已经获得了相关的 城市和行会资格… |
[18:42] | No. I’m sorry, there’s been a… …a misunderstanding. | 不 我很抱歉 这中间有误会 |
[18:48] | It’s a secretary we’ll be needing. | 我们需要找的是秘书 |
[18:50] | Perhaps so. But I’m applying for the plant inspector position. | 也许是这样 但我正在申请 工厂检查员一职 |
[18:57] | But you’re a woman. | 但你是个女人 |
[19:00] | And what aspects of plant inspection require a penis? | 工厂检查员为什么需要是男人 |
[19:08] | Work environment’s not suitable for a female. | 工作环境不适合女性 |
[19:11] | The conditions are rough. | 条件很艰苦 |
[19:14] | To be perfectly honest, so are the men you’d encounter. | 老实说 你遇到的男人也会很难搞 |
[19:18] | So you hire the type of men who would assault a woman? | 所以你雇佣了那种 会攻击女人的男人 |
[19:21] | No. ‘Course not. | 不 当然不是 |
[19:24] | Are your plants physically dangerous? | 你的工厂对人的身体有害吗 |
[19:26] | In that case, you do need an inspector. | 那样的话 你确实需要一名检查员 |
[19:29] | It’s more about– | 更多的是… |
[19:30] | I noticed on my way in that your fish ladder isn’t in working order, | 我在来的路上发现你的鱼梯坏了 |
[19:34] | so unless you want a steep fine from the regulatory board, | 所以除非你想 向监管委员会交巨额罚款 |
[19:38] | that needs to be fixed. | 不然就需要立刻修好它 |
[19:39] | Far more concerning, | 更令人担忧的是 |
[19:41] | you’re releasing water over the spillway rather than through the dam. | 你在溢洪道上放水 而不是通过大坝 |
[19:44] | I’m guessing that means one of your turbines is out of service, | 我猜这意味着 你的涡轮机已经不运转了 |
[19:47] | but you should be passing the excess water through the dam dispersal unit. | 但是你应该将多余的水 通过大坝分散装置排掉 |
[19:51] | Now, whether it’s wear and tear or because the storms last week | 现在 这是因为磨损 还是因为上周的暴风雨 |
[19:55] | caused debris to be pulled into the turbine, I can’t say without looking. | 导致碎片被吹入涡轮机 我不能随便下定论 |
[19:59] | But I promise you, | 但我向你保证 |
[20:01] | that once I do, I will be able to identify the problem | 一旦我入职 我就能发现问题 |
[20:04] | and tell you how to fix it, promptly and economically. | 并告诉你如何快速省钱地修好 |
[20:39] | Samuel Cartwright, Henry Carver, | 塞缪尔卡特赖特、亨利卡佛 |
[20:44] | Joshua Harrington. | 约书亚哈灵顿 |
[21:08] | Jupiter! | 朱比特 |
[22:01] | Jupiter. | 朱比特 |
[22:05] | Jupiter! | 朱比特 |
[22:15] | Mr. Fraser. | 弗雷泽先生 |
[22:17] | Mr. Fraser. | 弗雷泽先生 |
[22:19] | -Mr. Harnett. -How good to see you again. | -哈内特先生 -再次见到你真好 |
[22:23] | Do you have a moment? | 你有空吗 |
[22:34] | Are you heading north to join the cause? Who will you be serving under? | 你要北上加入我们的事业吗 你会为谁效力呢 |
[22:39] | I’m afraid my wife and I have business of a personal nature to attend to | 恐怕我和我妻子要去苏格兰 |
[22:43] | in Scotland. | 处理私人事务 |
[22:44] | What luck that I should see you today. | 那今天能见到你真是太幸运了 |
[22:47] | General Schuyler desperately needs soldiers up at Fort Ticonderoga, | 斯凯勒将军迫切需要 召集士兵前往提康德罗加堡 |
[22:51] | to stall a British advance. Washington has none to spare. | 以阻止英军的进攻 华盛顿没有多余的钱 |
[22:55] | Who better than the Sons of Liberty | 还有谁比自由之子 |
[22:57] | to convince men to take up arms for the cause. | 更能说服人们拿起武器投入战争事业 |
[23:01] | So if you’d be so good as to sign here, Mr. Fraser. | 所以 如果你愿意在这里签字的话 弗雷泽先生 |
[23:03] | Next ship leaves in the morning. | 下一班船在早上离开 |
[23:06] | I will join the fight, Mr. Harnett, but I, uh, canna do so yet. | 我会加入战斗 哈内特先生 但我现在还做不到 |
[23:11] | Perhaps your business can wait. | 也许你的生意可以等一等 |
[23:14] | Rowan County has yet to meet its quota of men. | 罗南郡的男性人数还没有达到配额 |
[23:17] | Which means we have the authority to compel its citizens to join us. | 也就是说我们有权 强迫公民加入我们部队 |
[23:22] | The Continental Congress has spoken on the matter. | 大陆会议就此事发表了意见 |
[23:26] | You mean to conscript me? | 你的意思是征召我 |
[23:28] | I would be a fool not to, Mr. Fraser. You’re a born leader. | 不这么做我就太蠢了 弗雷泽先生 你是个天生的领导者 |
[23:33] | Of course, the law does allow for you to send someone in your stead. | 当然 法律确实允许你找人替代你 |
[23:38] | Who shall we send in your place? | 我们该派谁替代你 |
[23:40] | I saved your life. This is the choice you give me? | 我救过你的命 你却要我做这种选择 |
[23:45] | You saved my life so I could fight another day. | 你救了我的命 所以我可以再战一天 |
[23:49] | Today is that day, Mr. Fraser. | 今天就是那一天 弗雷泽先生 |
[23:52] | For you as well. | 对你也一样 |
[24:03] | You want to fight? | 你想参战吗 |
[24:14] | Aye. | 是的 |
[24:16] | But not for the ideal of freedom or liberty. | 但不是为了自由或自由的理想 |
[24:19] | Nor for the sake of being on the winning side, but for you. | 也不是为了站在胜利的一方 而是为了你 |
[24:24] | For Bree and the wee lad and lass. | 为了布丽和我们的孙子跟孙女 |
[24:27] | For our family. | 为了我们的家人 |
[24:32] | And because I couldna ask anyone to fight in my place. | 因为我不能要求任何人代替我战斗 |
[24:37] | Well, if that isn’t an ideal, I don’t know what is. | 如果这不是理想 我不知道这是什么 |
[24:46] | We’ve lost so much. Nothing is guaranteed. | 我们已经失去了太多 没有什么是有保证的 |
[24:51] | Not home, nor family, | 家没有 家人也没有 |
[24:54] | nor law, nor life itself. | 法律或生命本身也都没有 |
[25:01] | But I do ken we willna lose this war. | 但我知道我们不会输掉这场战争 |
[25:07] | At the very least, I can promise victory. | 至少 我可以保证胜利 |
[25:16] | The ship sails at dawn for New Haven. | 这艘船会在黎明时分驶向纽黑文 |
[25:20] | I’ll travel by foot from there to Fort Ticonderoga, | 我将作为一名民兵上校 |
[25:23] | as a colonel of militia. | 从那里步行到提康德罗加堡 |
[25:31] | I wasn’t prepared to join a war tonight. Neither were you. | 我没准备好你今晚就参战 你也没有准备好 |
[25:37] | And I won’t let you go without me. They’ll need doctors. | 我不会让你自己去的 他们也会需要医生 |
[25:41] | -I’m coming with you, too, Uncle. -No, lad. | -我也跟你一起去 叔叔 -不 小子 |
[25:46] | Sail home to Scotland. I made a promise to your mother. | 坐船回苏格兰 我答应过你母亲 |
[25:50] | You promised we’d return some day. | 你答应过我们有一天会回去 |
[25:53] | And we will. | 我们会的 |
[25:59] | I love this land, I want to fight for it. | 我爱这片土地 我要为它而战 |
[26:03] | Ian, I dinna ken if it’s wise. | 伊恩 我不知道这是否是明智之举 |
[26:07] | The Indians. | 印第安人 |
[26:09] | Many will have already sided with the British Army. | 很多已经站在英国军队一边了 |
[26:12] | I’ve heard the Shawnee are divided as to which side they’ll choose in this war. | 我听说萧尼族人 还对在战争中支持哪一方意见不一 |
[26:17] | I could offer my services, speak to Mr. Harnett. | 所以我愿意请缨 和哈内特先生谈谈 |
[26:22] | You mean to ride all the way through Virginia? | 你的意思是一路穿过弗吉尼亚 |
[26:27] | Aye. If it will help. | 对 如果有帮助的话 |
[26:29] | And if Mr. Harnett is willing. | 如果哈内特先生愿意的话 |
[26:37] | – You have to be quiet. – Jemmy! | -你必须保持安静 -耶米 |
[26:39] | Do you remember how to count to 100? | 你记得怎么数到一百吗 |
[26:41] | Stop it! -What? You’re so annoying. | -停 -怎么了 你很生气 |
[26:58] | It’s too quiet. Where’s your sister? | 太安静了 你妹妹呢 |
[27:15] | Do it again. | 再来一遍 |
[27:17] | Come here, you. | 你过来 |
[27:27] | What have I told you about putting your sister in the priest hole? | 对于你把妹妹关在那里 我是怎么跟你说的 |
[27:31] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[27:33] | I have to work on my punishments. | 我得改进我的惩罚方法 |
[27:37] | I got the job. | 我得到了这份工作 |
[27:40] | That’s great. | 那太棒了 |
[27:42] | Well done, you. | 你真棒 |
[27:47] | “Well done?” That’s it? That’s all I get? | “真棒 ” 就这样 这就是我得到的回应 |
[27:55] | Kids, go play in the parlor for a minute. | 孩子们 去客厅玩一会儿 |
[28:03] | You didn’t think I’d get it, did you? | 你没想到我会得到这份工作 是吗 |
[28:06] | Not because of you. Because of them. | 不是因为你 是因为他们 |
[28:11] | I admit, I didn’t think they would give the job to a woman. | 我承认 我没想到 他们会把这份工作交给女人 |
[28:14] | Well, they did. And yet, you’re still not excited. | 他们同意了 但你还是不觉得激动 |
[28:21] | Because you want to be the breadwinner. | 因为你想当那个养家糊口的人 |
[28:24] | Call me old-fashioned, but, yeah. | 就说我是个思想传统的人吧 但确实如此 |
[28:28] | More than anything, I just want to support my wife and children. And I’m not. | 最重要的是 我只想照顾好 我的妻子和孩子 但我没有 |
[28:34] | Come on. There was a time when you had your heart set on being a minister. | 拜托 有一段时间 你一心想成为一名牧师 |
[28:38] | That’s true. But then I used to believe that God was in control. | 确实如此 但后来我曾经相信上帝在控制一切 |
[28:43] | That everything was a part of His unalterable divine plan. | 一切都是他不可改变的 神圣计划的一部分 |
[28:50] | And then, we went and saved your parents’ lives and literally | 然后我们去救了你父母的命 |
[28:54] | changed history. | 真的改变了历史 |
[28:59] | We changed the plan. | 我们改变了那个计划 |
[29:00] | And I don’t think I need to tell you how relieved I am that | 而且我认为我不需要告诉你 我对杰米和克莱尔幸免于难 |
[29:03] | Jamie and Claire survived. | 有多么让我欣慰 |
[29:09] | I suppose it was a comfort to think that things couldn’t change. | 我觉得认为事情不会改变是一种安慰 |
[29:14] | That they’re predestined. | 认为那是命中注定的 |
[29:16] | And that God’s in His Heaven and all’s right with the world. | 上帝在他的天堂里 与世界同在 |
[29:21] | Okay. But who’s to say that | 好吧 但谁能说 |
[29:24] | everything that happened wasn’t part of God’s plan? | 发生的一切 都不是上帝计划的一部分 |
[29:28] | I just wish I knew what that plan was. | 我只是希望我知道那个计划是什么 |
[29:33] | The last thing your father said to me was there was no other man he’d trust | 你父亲对我说的最后一句话是 他不会放心把女儿 |
[29:37] | with his daughter. Your mother said, “Take care of our girl.” | 交给其他人 你母亲说 “照顾好我们的女儿” |
[29:41] | I promised them both. | 我答应了他们俩 |
[29:44] | And I feel as if I’m failing. | 我觉得我好像失败了 |
[29:46] | Hey, you’re not. | 嘿 你没有 |
[29:48] | You’re not. | 你没有 |
[29:55] | I should have said it sooner. I’m sorry. | 我应该早点说的 对不起 |
[29:59] | I am proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲 |
[30:02] | It’s your new colleagues I should be worried about, not you. | 我应该担心的是你的新同事 而不是你 |
[30:07] | They don’t know what’s coming. | 他们不知道会发生什么 |
[30:43] | Samuel Cartwright. | 塞缪尔卡特赖特 |
[30:46] | Joshua Harrington. | 约书亚哈灵顿 |
[30:54] | Goddamn this swamp. | 该死的沼泽 |
[31:26] | I mean you no harm, sir. | 我没想伤害你 先生 |
[31:31] | Do you speak English? | 你会说英语吗 |
[31:32] | I’ve met Englishmen who’d say no. | 我遇到过会说不的英国人 |
[31:36] | I think you’ll understand me well enough. | 我想你会理解我的 |
[31:38] | You’re Scottish. | 你是苏格兰人 |
[31:43] | -I– -I lived with the Mohawk for a time. | -我… -和莫霍克族住了一段时间 |
[31:49] | I can pay you handsomely | 如果你愿意给我一些吃的或喝的 |
[31:51] | if you’d be willing to give me something to eat or drink. | 我可以给你丰厚的报酬 |
[31:54] | How generous, seeing as you dinna look as if you have very much to offer. | 真大方 看你的样子 好像没什么可以提供的 |
[31:58] | I don’t have much now, I grant you. | 我现在没有多少 我承认 |
[32:04] | But if you help me… | 但如果你帮助我… |
[32:13] | We must see to your wound. | 我们必须处理一下你的伤口 |
[32:16] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[32:18] | William Ransom. | 威廉蓝森 |
[32:28] | You know my father? | 你认识我父亲吗 |
[32:31] | He’s a friend of my uncle. James Fraser? | 他是我叔叔的朋友 詹姆斯弗雷泽 |
[32:36] | I believe you’ve met him. | 我相信你见过他 |
[32:38] | Yes. My father holds him in high regard. | 是的 我父亲非常尊敬他 |
[32:41] | The respect goes both ways. | 我叔叔也很尊敬你父亲 |
[32:44] | We’ve met as well, briefly, when you visited Fraser’s Ridge. | 当你访问弗雷泽岭时 我们也曾短暂地见过面 |
[32:49] | I’m sorry. I do not remember. | 对不起 我不记得了 |
[32:57] | You’re lucky I found you. | 你很幸运我找到了你 |
[33:11] | We have to get these wee bits of wood out. | 我们必须把这些小木头拿出来 |
[33:42] | Put your head between your knees. | 把你的头埋在膝盖之间 |
[33:44] | I am not giddy, I assure you. | 我不会晕倒的 我向你保证 |
[34:00] | Now let it dry. | 现在让伤口晾干 |
[34:10] | It’s a good distance if we’re to find you a physician. | 如果要给你找医生的话 我们得走一段距离 |
[34:13] | I’m not in need of one, thank you. | 我不需要 谢谢 |
[34:15] | We’ll see about that. | 我们看情况吧 |
[34:21] | How did you come to live among the Mohawk? | 你是怎么跟莫霍克族 生活在一起的 |
[34:25] | I was adopted by them. | 我被他们收养了 |
[34:28] | I was married to a woman of the Wolf Clan. | 我娶了狼族的一个女人 |
[34:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:46] | I understand that the Mohawk think it dishonorable | 我知道莫霍克人认为表现出任何恐惧 |
[34:49] | to show any fear whatsoever. | 是不光彩的 |
[34:52] | That if captured or tortured, | 如果被抓获或遭受酷刑 |
[34:54] | they will exhibit no outward sign of distress. Is it true? | 他们不会表现出任何痛苦的样子 这是真的吗 |
[34:59] | Mostly, you try not to put yourself in that position. | 多数情况下 你尽量别让自己 落入那样的处境中 |
[35:04] | If you do, | 如果你落入了 |
[35:06] | you sing your death song | 你就唱着死亡之歌 |
[35:08] | and hope to die well. | 期待能得一个好死 |
[35:10] | What sort of song would that be, the death song? | 死亡之歌是什么 |
[35:15] | I’ve only heard one. | 我只听过一次 |
[35:18] | There’s a good deal about who he was, the man who is dying. | 唱了很多这个将死之人的事迹 |
[35:23] | A bit about his victories, | 还有他取得的胜利 |
[35:27] | who he’d killed. | 他杀了谁 |
[35:30] | Does one compose it in advance? | 有人提前编曲吗 |
[35:33] | Or trust the muse of inspiration to find you? | 或者相信会突发灵感 |
[35:36] | You’re not dying. | 你不会死的 |
[35:39] | No. | 不会 |
[35:42] | No. Only wondering. | 不 我只是想知道 |
[35:44] | Aye. | 对 |
[35:46] | Well, it’s a wee bit of both. | 两者都有 |
[35:54] | I am William Clarence Henry George Ransom. | 我是威廉克拉伦斯亨利乔治蓝森 |
[36:02] | Earl of– | 伯爵… |
[36:06] | No, that’s too long. | 不 那太长了 |
[36:10] | I am William James. | 我是威廉詹姆斯 |
[36:16] | I am William. | 我是威廉 |
[36:18] | There’s more to it than your name. | 那不仅是你的名字 |
[36:21] | And if I have no deeds worthy of committing to song? | 要是我没什么好在歌里唱的呢 |
[36:24] | Well then, best not die. | 那最好不要死 |
[36:39] | He likes you. | 它喜欢你 |
[36:42] | Already thinks of you as family. | 已经把你当成家人了 |
[37:16] | Jesus H. Roosevelt. | 天啊 |
[37:19] | Tom? | 汤姆 |
[37:33] | I beg your pardon. | 对不起 |
[37:38] | You should be dead. | 你应该死了啊 |
[37:42] | So should you. | 你也应该已经死了 |
[37:45] | The fire at the Ridge. | 山岭上的火灾 |
[37:48] | Your husband, he is alive, too? | 你丈夫 他还活着吗 |
[37:53] | Yes. | 还活着 |
[37:57] | I’m glad to hear it. | 我很高兴听到这个消息 |
[38:00] | Are you staying in town? | 你们还住在城里吗 |
[38:03] | Uh, we’re staying at the Red Falcon Inn. | 我们住在红隼旅馆 |
[38:08] | Then allow me to accompany you. | 那就让我陪你去吧 |
[38:29] | Here. | 给 |
[38:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:48] | Does, uh… | 弗雷泽先生… |
[38:51] | Does Mr. Fraser know… | 是否知道… |
[38:54] | I did not tell him the reason for my confession. | 我没有告诉他我认罪的原因 |
[39:00] | You mean, does he know about your | 你是说 他是否知道 |
[39:05] | gallant feelings towards me? | 你对我大胆的爱意 |
[39:10] | Yes, he does. | 是的 他知道 |
[39:13] | He’s sympathetic towards you. | 他很同情你 |
[39:16] | Knowing from experience what it’s like to… | 他有经验 知道爱我 |
[39:21] | to love me, as it were. | 是什么感觉 |
[39:26] | Anyway, how did you manage to escape? | 不管怎样 你是怎么逃出来的 |
[39:31] | Uh, upon discovering that I was literate and could write a fair hand, | 因为发现我识字 能写出一手好字 |
[39:35] | Governor Martin removed me from the brig to be his secretary. | 马丁总督把我从禁闭室调出来 当他的秘书 |
[39:43] | If I hadn’t mended your hand… | 要是我没治好你的手的话… |
[39:46] | We have taken turns saving each other’s lives, it would seem. | 看起来 我们轮流救了对方的命 |
[39:51] | After several months, an official secretary arrived. | 几个月后 一位正式的秘书来了 |
[39:55] | By that time, with the Governor’s influence dwindled, | 在那时 随着总督的影响力减弱 |
[39:58] | there was no one for them to surrender me to. | 没有人管得了我了 |
[40:05] | -Why did you not return to the Ridge? -Oh, I… | -你为什么不回山岭去 -我… |
[40:10] | I inquired and heard that my son had left, never to return. | 我打听到我儿子走了 再也没有回来 |
[40:16] | After everything that happened, I decided it best not to return either. | 在发生了这一切之后 我决定最好也别回去了 |
[40:28] | Is it true that your house burned down? | 你的房子被烧毁了的事是真的吗 |
[40:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[40:34] | We lost everything. | 我们失去了一切 |
[40:41] | A man named McCreary, from Woolam’s Creek, | 一个来自伍拉姆溪的叫麦克里的人 |
[40:44] | brought me news of the incident, so I placed an obituary. | 告诉了我这件事 所以我发了讣告 |
[40:49] | -You did? -Mmm. | 是你发的 |
[40:52] | I could not abide the thought that you, | 我不能忍受 你 你们所有人 |
[40:54] | all of you, should vanish from the Earth with no formal marking of the event. | 就这样悄无声息地从地球上消失了 |
[41:00] | I thought I would at least make a record, | 我想我至少可以做个记录 |
[41:06] | as I could not lay flowers on your grave. | 因为我不能在你的坟墓上献花 |
[41:16] | The Lord does answer prayer, you know. | 主确实回应了祈求 |
[41:20] | What did you pray for? | 你祈求了什么 |
[41:23] | You are a most uncomfortable woman. | 你是最让人难堪的女人了 |
[41:29] | You wouldn’t be the first person to think that. | 你不是第一个这么认为的人 |
[41:32] | And I don’t mean to pry, Tom, I was just curious. | 汤姆 我不是想窥探 我只是好奇 |
[41:38] | I, uh… | 我… |
[41:42] | I asked why, that’s all. | 我问了为什么 仅此而已 |
[41:46] | And now you are here. So I’ll say it. | 现在你在这里 所以我就说了 |
[41:50] | I have loved two women. | 我爱过两个女人 |
[41:54] | One was a witch and a whore. | 一个是巫师和妓女 |
[41:58] | Some say you are a witch yourself. | 有人说你自己就是个巫师 |
[42:02] | Makes not a whit of difference. | 没什么区别 |
[42:06] | The love of you has led me to my salvation, | 对你的爱让我得到了救赎 |
[42:08] | and to what I thought was my peace, | 和我所认为的平静 |
[42:11] | once I thought you dead. | 我一度以为你死了 |
[42:15] | And yet, here you are. | 然而你现在在这里 |
[42:21] | I shall have no peace while you live, woman. | 只要你活着 我就得不到安宁 女士 |
[42:35] | Mind… | 你知道就好… |
[42:38] | I don’t say I regret it. | 我没说我后悔 |
[43:02] | He kissed me. | 他吻了我 |
[43:07] | Liked it, did you? | 你喜欢 不是吗 |
[43:08] | It isn’t funny. | 这不好笑 |
[43:11] | Did he like it? | 他喜欢吗 |
[43:14] | Had I better go kill him? | 我最好去杀了他吗 |
[43:16] | Don’t be ridiculous. | 别荒唐了 |
[43:19] | It was an honest question, Sassenach. Not a serious one, but honest. | 这是一个诚实的问题 英格兰人 不是一个严肃的问题 但要诚实回答 |
[43:24] | -He touched you against your will. -He did. And, no, I didn’t like it. | -他违背你的意愿碰了你 -是的 不 我不喜欢 |
[43:29] | But not on Tom’s account. | 但那不是汤姆的错 |
[43:32] | Poor fellow. | 可怜人 |
[43:33] | He wouldn’t want your sympathy. | 他不会想要你的同情的 |
[43:35] | He would not. But he’s got it, nonetheless. | 他不会 但我还是同情他 |
[43:39] | Still, I am glad of it. | 尽管如此 我还是很高兴 |
[43:42] | Glad of what? | 高兴什么 |
[43:43] | That he’s alive, or surely not that he thinks he’s in love with me? | 高兴他还活着 不然肯定不是 他认为他爱上了我吧 |
[43:47] | Dinna belittle his feelings, Sassenach. | 不要轻视他的感情 英格兰人 |
[43:51] | He laid down his life for you once. | 他曾经为你牺牲过一次 |
[43:54] | I’d trust him to do it again. | 我相信他会再做一次 |
[43:56] | I didn’t want him to do it the first time. | 第一次时 我就不想让他那么做 |
[44:00] | The thing about Tom is, | 汤姆这件事是这样 |
[44:04] | he wants you. Badly. | 他想要你 非常想 |
[44:09] | -But he doesna ken a thing about you. -Oh, and you do? | -但他一点都不了解你 -你了解 |
[44:14] | I’ve want and need in plenty, | 我想要的和需要的很多 |
[44:16] | but I’ve never kissed you without kenning who you are, | 但我很了解我亲吻的这个人 |
[44:19] | and that’s something poor Tom will never know. | 那是可怜的汤姆永远不会知道的 |
[44:23] | You didn’t know a thing about me when you married me. | 你娶我的时候对我一无所知 |
[44:25] | I knew some things. | 我是知道一些事情的 |
[44:29] | Besides that, I mean. | 我是说 除此之外 |
[44:35] | You can’t be jealous. | 你不能吃醋 |
[44:38] | I can. | 我能 |
[44:40] | -But surely, you don’t think– -I don’t. | -但当然 你不觉得… -我没觉得 |
[44:43] | Well then… | 那么… |
[44:44] | I willna say I like Tom Christie, | 我不会说我喜欢汤姆克里斯蒂 |
[44:48] | but I’m very much pleased to know he’s alive. | 但我很高兴知道他还活着 |
[44:52] | You didna do wrong grieving for him, Sassenach. | 你为他悲伤是对的 英格兰人 |
[44:56] | I grieved for him, too. | 我也为他难过 |
[45:02] | It’s not gone white yet. | 头发还没有变白呢 |
[45:05] | Adawehi said you wouldna come into your full power | 阿达维西说在你的头发都变白之前 |
[45:08] | until your hair turned white. | 你不会恢复你全部的力量 |
[45:12] | I haven’t thought about that in ages. | 我已经好多年没有想过这个问题了 |
[45:16] | What’s made you think of that? | 是什么让你想到这个的 |
[45:19] | I was thinking I have a wee bit of time yet | 我在想我还有一点时间 |
[45:23] | before you become too dangerous for me to bed you. | 在你变得危险到让我没法睡你之前 |
[45:29] | And what exactly do you think I might do to you in bed? | 你到底认为我会在床上对你做什么 |
[45:32] | Well, so far, you’ve clawed me, | 到目前为止 你抓过我 |
[45:38] | bitten me, | 咬过我 |
[45:42] | stabbed me more than once. | 不只一次刺伤我 |
[45:43] | – I have not stabbed you. -You have. | -我没有刺伤过你 -你有 |
[45:47] | You stabbed me in the backside | 你用你讨厌的小针 |
[45:50] | with your nasty wee needles | 在背后刺伤过我 |
[45:51] | and a dozen times more with a rattlesnake’s fang. | 还有十几次是用响尾蛇的尖牙 |
[45:55] | I was saving your bloody life. | 我是在救你的命 |
[45:58] | I didna say otherwise, did I? | 我没有说因为别的 对吗 |
[46:01] | You’re not gonna deny you enjoyed it, though, are you? | 但你不会不承认你喜欢那样 是吧 |
[46:05] | Rattlesnake fang, no, but as for the hypodermic, | 用响尾蛇的牙的话 不喜欢 但至于皮下注射 |
[46:10] | you deserved it. | 那你应得的 |
[46:13] | Do no harm, is it? | 没什么害处 是吧 |
[46:17] | If you’re counting what I’d done to you in bed, you can’t count the shots. | 如果你在数我在床上对你做了什么 你数不过来的 |
[46:21] | -I was in bed. -I wasn’t. | -我当时在床上 -我不在 |
[46:24] | Aye. | 对 |
[46:27] | You took unfair advantage. | 你占了便宜 |
[46:29] | -Did I? -Mmm. | 我有吗 |
[46:30] | How would you like it if I were jealous? | 如果我嫉妒了 你会怎样 |
[46:34] | You were. | 你是嫉妒了 |
[46:36] | Of Laoghaire. | 嫉妒莱里 |
[46:39] | And I liked it fine. | 我喜欢那样 |
[46:42] | Maybe you still are. | 也许你还在嫉妒 |
[46:45] | Aye. Aye, I thought so. | 对 我是这么想的 |
[47:08] | Hold on a wee bit longer. | 再坚持一会儿 |
[47:12] | Anyone home? We need help. | 有人在家吗 我们需要帮助 |
[47:17] | Are you Denzell Hunter? | 你是丹泽尔亨特吗 |
[47:18] | -Neighbor said you’re a physician. -I am. | -邻居说你是医生 -我是 |
[47:20] | My name is Ian Murray. This is William Ransom. He’s been injured. | 我的名字是伊恩默里 这是威廉蓝森 他受伤了 |
[47:24] | Rachel! | 瑞秋 |
[47:26] | -What’s wrong? -These men need our urgent assistance. | -怎么了 -这些人需要我们进行急救 |
[48:01] | Rachel, fetch the saw. | 瑞秋 把锯子拿来 |
[48:04] | Wait. | 等等 |
[48:07] | You canna mean to– | 你不是说… |
[48:08] | Poisonous bile is spreading through thy friend’s body. I must remove his arm. | 有毒的胆汁正在你朋友的身体里扩散 我必须切掉他的手臂 |
[48:12] | No. | 不 |
[48:14] | No. I will not submit to this. | 不 我接受不了这样 |
[48:17] | Then kindly remove thyself from our table. | 那就请离开我们身边吧 |
[48:21] | I’d rather die than have you amputate my arm. | 我宁愿死也不想失去我的手臂 |
[48:26] | You canna do that. You still need a proper death song, aye? | 你不能那样做 你还需要一首 更合适的死亡之歌 对吗 |
[48:34] | Here. | 给你 |
[48:35] | My Uncle Jamie gave this in a moment when I needed it most. | 我的杰米叔叔在我最需要的时候 把它送给了我 |
[48:38] | It’ll give you strength. | 它会给你力量 |
[48:49] | Between thy teeth. | 咬住它 |
[48:54] | Hold him. | 按住他 |
[48:57] | Thee must brace thyself. | 你必须振作起来 |
[49:06] | Thanks be to God. | 感谢上帝 |
[49:10] | Is… Is that good? | 是好事吗 |
[49:13] | It appears the bile has collected in an abscess. | 看起来胆汁聚集在脓肿中 |
[49:16] | If we release this fluid, the poison should leave the body with it. | 如果我们把胆汁挤出去 毒液就能跟着排出去了 |
[49:20] | -And you willna have to amputate? -Not today. | -你们不用帮他截肢了 -今天不用了 |
[49:41] | I thought thee might need refreshment. | 我想你可能需要吃点东西 |
[49:44] | -Thee was at William’s bedside all night. -That’s kind of you. | -你整晚都待在威廉床边 -你真客气 |
[49:47] | It seems he’s overcome the worst of his fever. | 看来他已经挺过了最严重的发烧 |
[49:51] | Good. | 很好 |
[49:58] | Then I should take my leave of you. | 那我应该和你们告别了 |
[50:02] | I thought thee might stay until William’s well to travel. | 我以为你会一直等到威廉康复才离开 |
[50:05] | There’s somewhere I must be. | 有个地方我必须要去 |
[50:07] | I canna afford to lose another day’s ride. | 我不能再浪费一天的时间了 |
[50:10] | Thank you for helping my friend see reason. | 谢谢帮我的朋友找到病因 |
[50:15] | I’ve been told my manner can be too forward. | 有人告诉我 我的举止可能过于前卫 |
[50:18] | Maybe I’m used to it. My auntie is a physician. | 也许我已经习惯了 我的阿姨是一名医生 |
[50:21] | -Is she, indeed? -Aye. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[50:24] | I’ve seen her heal plenty of stubborn men. | 我见她治愈过很多顽固的男人 |
[50:28] | Sometimes, too forward is exactly what they need. | 有时 过于前卫正是他们所需要的 |
[50:36] | Thank you for the tea. | 谢谢你的茶 |
[50:40] | But I’ll be on my way. | 但我要上路了 |
[50:41] | Is thee certain thee wouldn’t like to say goodbye to William? | 你确定你不想和威廉说再见吗 |
[50:44] | He should be awake soon. | 他应该很快就醒了 |
[50:48] | You may tell him goodbye for me. | 你可以替我跟他说再见 |
[50:51] | I will. | 我会的 |
[50:54] | He wanted to return this to you. | 他想把这个还给你 |
[51:04] | I’d like him to keep it. | 我希望他留着它 |
[51:09] | And give him this, too, when he’s ready to leave. | 当他准备离开时 把这个也给他 |
[51:14] | He’ll need to purchase a horse. | 他需要买一匹马 |
[51:17] | Thee is most generous. I’ll make sure he receives it. | 你是最慷慨的人 我一定会交给他的 |
[51:23] | It was a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss Hunter. | 很高兴认识你 亨特小姐 |
[51:28] | And that of your brother. | 还有你哥哥 |
[51:31] | It was a pleasure for me as well. | 我也很高兴 |
[51:38] | Goodbye then. | 那么再见了 |
[51:41] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[51:43] | Goodbye, Rollo. | 再见 罗洛 |
[52:14] | Roger, where are all the biscuits and crisps? | 罗格 饼干和薯片都在哪儿 |
[52:20] | And the lemonade. I just went shopping yesterday. | 还有柠檬水 我昨天刚买的 |
[52:24] | Maybe it was the pixies again. | 也许又是小精灵干的 |
[52:32] | Jem, do you know what happened to all the biscuits and crisps? | 耶米 你知道所有的 饼干和薯片都怎么了吗 |
[52:36] | – No. – Jemmy, tell the truth. | -不知道 -耶米 说实话 |
[52:44] | It was the Nuckelavee. | 是海人马干的 |
[52:50] | Nuckelavee? | 海人马 |
[52:53] | It’s a folk tale from the Northern Isles. | 那是一个北岛的民间故事 |
[52:57] | Kind of a horse-like demon. | 是一个有点像马的恶魔 |
[53:01] | Who told you about that, Jem? | 谁告诉你的 耶米 |
[53:03] | It wasn’t Grandda, was it? | 不是外公吧 |
[53:06] | I met one. | 我遇到了一个 |
[53:08] | When we were outside earlier. He said he’d eat Mandy if I didn’t bring him food. | 我们早前在外面的时候 他说如果 我不给他送吃的 他就要吃掉曼迪 |
[53:12] | Jemmy! | 耶米 |
[53:13] | It’s true. | 这是真的 |
[53:15] | I’m sorry I lied before about the pixies, Mama. | 对不起 我之前对小精灵的事 撒了谎 妈妈 |
[53:18] | I broke the alarm clock. I was only trying to see how it worked. | 闹钟是我打破的 我只是想看看它是如何工作的 |
[53:23] | But I mean it this time. The Nuckelavee is real. | 但这一次我是认真的 海人马是真的 |
[53:29] | I need another color now. | 我现在需要另一种颜色 |
[53:33] | I’ve got one. | 我有一个 |
[53:42] | First pixies and now Nuckelavees. Did he really think we’d believe him? | 首先是小精灵 现在是海人马 他真的认为我们会相信他吗 |
[53:48] | I think he believes it. | 我觉得他相信 |
[53:50] | And can you blame him, Bree? | 你能怪他吗 布丽 |
[53:53] | He’s traveled through time. | 他穿越过时空 |
[53:56] | He told us that Mandy could travel, too, before she could even talk. | 他告诉我们曼迪也可以穿越 甚至在她会说话之前 |
[54:01] | -He knows there’s magic in the world. -It’s all true. | -他知道世界上有魔法 -都是真的 |
[54:05] | And he has been really good about not telling people what he can do, | 他很擅长不告诉别人他能做什么 |
[54:09] | but those biscuits didn’t eat themselves. | 但那些饼干不会凭空消失 |
[54:12] | So, unless you think the Nuckelavee is real… | 所以除非你觉得海人马是真的… |
[54:17] | I’ll talk to him. | 我会和他谈谈的 |
[54:19] | I just worry that if we stifle his imagination, | 我只是担心 如果我们扼杀了他的想象力 |
[54:22] | he’ll forget where he comes form, | 他会忘记他是从哪里来的 |
[54:25] | who he comes from. | 他是谁的孩子 |
[54:27] | He’ll stop believing his own story. | 他将不再相信自己的身世 |
[54:31] | Fine. But if he ends up with imaginary cavities, you’re handling it. | 行 如果他得了想象中的蛀牙 你来处理 |
[54:38] | Deal. | 成交 |
[54:47] | It is regrettable thee cannot keep thy beard. | 很遗憾你不能留胡子 |
[54:50] | It is such a striking color. | 那颜色真醒目 |
[54:52] | I should think you’d consider it unseemly for me to have it, Miss Hunter. | 亨特小姐 我以为你会觉得 我不适合留胡子 |
[54:56] | Both, because I am a gentleman and because I understand that | 即是因为我是个绅士 也是因为我明白 |
[54:59] | Quakers deem vivid colors to be too worldly. | 贵格会信徒认为鲜艳的色彩过于世俗 |
[55:03] | Immodest ornament is hardly the same as acceptance of God’s gifts. | 不谦虚的装饰很难等同于 接受上帝的礼物 |
[55:07] | Do roses fling away their petals? | 玫瑰会扔掉花瓣吗 |
[55:09] | I very much doubt that roses find their petals to be as pruriginous | 我非常怀疑玫瑰是否发现 它们的花瓣会像胡子一样 |
[55:12] | as a beard. | 让人觉得痒 |
[55:14] | Itchy. | 痒 |
[55:16] | Thy speech is far superior to thy clothes, William. | 威廉 你的言语远胜过你的外表 |
[55:19] | But thee has not said what brought thee to the Great Dismal. | 但你没说你为什么来到大阴暗沼泽 |
[55:22] | It is a rare thing to see a gentleman of thy caliber in our part of the world. | 很少在我们这里 见到你这样有才干的绅士 |
[55:27] | Well, it was brought to my attention that | 我注意到 |
[55:32] | the hunting is unparalleled in these parts. | 这里的狩猎活动是无与伦比的 |
[55:36] | Does thee often go hunting unarmed? | 你经常徒手打猎吗 |
[55:38] | My horse bolted, as you know, ran off with my rifle. | 如你所知 我的马跑了 它带着我的步枪逃跑了 |
[55:44] | Careful, Miss Hunter, or I shall begin to think you take me for a liar. | 小心点 亨特小姐 否则我会 开始认为你觉得我是一个骗子 |
[55:49] | I do. | 我是这么认为 |
[55:50] | Or at least, I think thee is not telling me the whole tale. | 或者至少 我觉得 你没有告诉我全部情况 |
[56:06] | May I see thy wound? | 我可以看你的伤口吗 |
[56:18] | It has made a fine scar, I think. | 我想它已经结疤了 |
[56:20] | It looks like the star which led the Wise Men. | 看起来像指引智者的那颗星 |
[56:23] | Not too worldly, then? | 是不是太世俗了 |
[56:26] | It fits thy character. | 它符合你的性格 |
[56:29] | It is good thee has recovered so quickly. My brother and I, | 好在你恢复得很快 我跟我哥哥 |
[56:33] | we will be leaving this place in a few days. | 我们将在几天后离开这里 |
[56:35] | Why? | 为什么 |
[56:38] | At the last Yearly Meeting of the Society of Friends, | 在上届友谊会年会上 |
[56:41] | we all prayed on the matter of politics. | 我们都为政治问题祈祷 |
[56:44] | We were advised that peace lay in reconciliation with Mother England. | 有人告诉我们 和平在于与英格兰母亲和解 |
[56:48] | But the spirit moved my brother to speak in favor of independence. | 但这种精神促使我哥哥 发表了支持独立的言论 |
[56:52] | You mean rebellion. | 你的意思是逆反 |
[56:54] | I do not. | 不是 |
[56:56] | Liberty is a gift from God. Denny said we must endeavor to preserve it. | 自由是上帝的礼物 丹尼说我们必须努力保护它 |
[57:01] | Some saw that as encouraging violence. So Denny was put out of Meeting. | 有些人认为这是鼓励暴力 所以丹尼被排除在了会议之外 |
[57:06] | I think thee cannot perhaps understand what that means. | 我想你也许无法理解那是什么意思 |
[57:10] | I gather that is grave indeed. | 我认为这确实很严重 |
[57:13] | Something like being drummed out of one’s regiment. | 就像被从兵团里赶出来一样 |
[57:15] | It is more akin to being drummed out of one’s family. | 这更像是被赶出家门 |
[57:20] | But it has not deterred my brother. | 但这并没有阻止我的哥哥 |
[57:22] | He intends to join the Continental Army as a surgeon. One of the soldiers, | 他打算以外科医生的身份加入大陆军 其中一名士兵 |
[57:26] | Samuel Cartwright, said there was a call for men at Ticonderoga. | 塞缪尔卡特赖特说 提康德罗加需要男性 |
[57:30] | When we leave, that is where we will go. | 我们离开后就要去那里 |
[57:32] | Is that Samuel Cartwright from here in Dismal Town? | 那个塞缪尔卡特赖特 是来自阴暗镇的吗 |
[57:34] | Yes. He is a neighbor of ours. | 是的 他是我们的邻居 |
[57:38] | -Is thee acquainted with him? -He is known to a friend of mine. | -你认识他吗 -我的一个朋友认识他 |
[57:43] | My path also takes me north. | 我也要往北走 |
[57:46] | It’s a dangerous road. Perhaps I could accompany you and your brother. | 这是一条危险的道路 也许我可以陪着你和你的哥哥 |
[57:51] | I would very much appreciate having some company | 我非常感谢我的旅途中 |
[57:55] | on my journey. | 能有人作伴 |
[57:57] | Then I thank thee, William. I will let my brother know. | 那我谢谢你 威廉 我会让我哥哥知道的 |
[58:15] | People who don’t believe in telepathy have never set foot on a battlefield | 不相信心灵感应的人从来没上过战场 |
[58:19] | or served with an army. | 也从没参过军 |
[58:22] | Something passes unseen from man to man when an army is on the move. | 当军队行进时 有些东西会在人与人之间传递 |
[58:27] | The air itself is alive with feeling, | 空气本身充满了感觉 |
[58:30] | half eagerness, half dread, | 一半渴望、一半恐惧 |
[58:33] | it dances over the skin, | 在皮肤上跳舞 |
[58:35] | knowing with every step, death walks beside them. | 知道每走一步 死亡就在他们身边经过 |
[58:43] | Each hoping to live, | 每个人都希望活着 |
[58:46] | or die well. | 或得一个好死 |
[58:52] | There it is. Ticonderoga. | 到了 提康德罗加 |