时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:40] | This is Mrs. MacKenzie. Your new plant inspector. | 这位是麦肯齐太太 你们新的工厂检查员 |
[00:43] | Rob Cameron. | 罗伯贾梅伦 |
[00:49] | She saw someone outside and was scared. It was the Nuckelavee. | 她看到外面有人 很害怕 那是海人马 |
[00:53] | Deliver these letters with the utmost discretion. | 递送这些信件要极为谨慎 |
[00:55] | You’re lucky I found you. | 你很幸运我找到了你 |
[00:57] | My name is Ian Murray. This is William Ransom. He’s been injured. | 我的名字是伊恩默里 这是威廉蓝森 他受伤了 |
[01:00] | Claire Fraser is thy aunt? We’ve been working closely with her. | 克莱尔弗雷泽是你的婶婶 我们一直跟她密切合作 |
[01:03] | -Suppose I’ll be seeing more of you. -Suppose so. | -我想我会更经常见到你了 -我想是的 |
[01:05] | She grabbed me and said, “In this classroom, we speak English.” | 她抓住我说 “在这个教室里 我们说英语” |
[01:08] | -Why is it bad to speak Gaelic? -It’s not. | -为什么说盖尔语不好 -没有不好 |
[01:11] | We have to evacuate. | 我们必须撤离 |
[01:12] | I think I can walk with a little support. | 我想我可以借些力行走 |
[01:15] | I’m so sorry, but it’s too soon. The sutures won’t hold. | 我很抱歉 但这太快了 缝线会经不住的 |
[01:18] | British are short on food. They dinna have supplies to wait for a surrender. | 英国人缺食物 他们没有补给 就不会等我们投降 |
[01:22] | They’ll need to take the fort by force. | 他们会需要用武力夺取堡垒 |
[01:27] | ♪ Sing me a song ♪ | 给我唱一首歌 |
[01:30] | ♪ Of a lad that is gone ♪ | 一首女孩已经远去的歌 |
[01:33] | ♪ Say, could that lad ♪ | 你说那个女孩 |
[01:36] | ♪ Be I? ♪ | 能否是我 |
[01:39] | ♪ Merry of soul ♪ | 精神喜悦 |
[01:42] | ♪ He sailed on a day ♪ | 她有一天扬帆远航 |
[01:45] | ♪ Over the sea ♪ | 驶向大海 |
[01:47] | ♪ To Skye ♪ | 驶向斯凯 |
[01:50] | ♪ Billow and breeze ♪ | 巨浪 微风 |
[01:53] | ♪ Islands and seas ♪ | 岛屿 大海 |
[01:56] | ♪ Mountains of rain and sun ♪ | 倾盆大雨 明媚阳光 |
[02:02] | ♪ All that was good ♪ | 曾经的一切美好 |
[02:05] | ♪ All that was fair ♪ | 曾经的一切舒适 |
[02:08] | ♪ All that was me ♪ | 曾经的我 |
[02:10] | ♪ Is gone ♪ | 已经远去 |
[02:13] | ♪ Sing me a song ♪ | 给我唱一首歌 |
[02:15] | ♪ Of a lass that is gone ♪ | 一首女孩已经远去的歌 |
[02:19] | ♪ Say, could that lass ♪ | 你说那个女孩 |
[02:22] | ♪ Be I? ♪ | 能否是我 |
[02:24] | ♪ Merry of soul ♪ | 精神喜悦 |
[02:27] | ♪ She sailed on a day ♪ | 她有一天扬帆远航 |
[02:30] | ♪ Over the sea ♪ | 驶向大海 |
[02:34] | ♪ To Skye ♪ | 驶向斯凯 |
[02:49] | ♪ Sing me a song ♪ | 给我唱一首歌 |
[02:53] | ♪ Of a lad that is gone ♪ | 一首女孩已经远去的歌 |
[02:58] | ♪ Say, could that lad ♪ | 你说那个女孩 |
[03:03] | ♪ Be I? ♪ | 能否是我 |
[03:57] | Private, where might I find General Simon Fraser? | 二等兵 我去哪能找到 西蒙弗雷泽将军 |
[04:01] | The brigadier? I believe he’s up in the battlements, | 准将 我相信他在城垛上 |
[04:03] | surveying the spoils of victory. | 审视胜利的战利品 |
[04:10] | I encountered difficulties while undertaking duties for Captain Richardson. | 我在为理查森上尉 执行任务时遇到了困难 |
[04:14] | But I reached General Burgoyne at Fort Crown Point, | 但我在皇冠角堡找到了伯戈因将军 |
[04:17] | and he ordered me to report to your command. | 他命令我向你的指挥部报告 |
[04:19] | The captain will be with us shortly, I believe. | 我相信上尉很快就会和我们会合 |
[04:22] | Very good, sir. I wish I’d arrived in time to assist you in the battle for the fort. | 很好 长官 我希望我能及时赶到 在堡垒之战中帮助你 |
[04:27] | Hardly a battle. | 几乎没有仗可打 |
[04:28] | Not a single shot was fired. In fact, the Rebels were so eager | 一枪都没有开 事实上 叛军 |
[04:32] | to rid themselves of the place, they left us their cannon as a parting gift. | 太急于离开 还把大炮留给我们 作为临别礼物 |
[04:36] | But if it’s a battle you’re after, Lieutenant, you’ve no’ long to wait. | 但如果你想打一场仗 中尉 你不用等太久了 |
[04:41] | Burgoyne has ordered us to garrison the fort | 伯戈因已命令我们驻守堡垒 |
[04:45] | and then pursue the Rebels south, | 然后向南追击叛军 |
[04:48] | meet up with General Howe’s men. | 与豪将军的手下会合 |
[04:52] | Howe is in the city of New York. | 豪在纽约 |
[04:55] | If he marches north… | 如果他向北进军… |
[05:00] | We plan to cut off their Northern Army, isolate New England from the colonies. | 我们计划切断他们的北方军队 将新英格兰与殖民地隔离开来 |
[05:04] | Very perceptive. | 洞察力很强 |
[05:05] | But then I’d expect no less from the son of Lord John Grey. | 但我对约翰格雷大人的 儿子的期望也丝毫不减 |
[05:39] | Jamie, I don’t think many of these people will be able to make it far on foot. | 杰米 我觉得这些人走路走不远 |
[05:43] | No choice. The gunfire is coming from the portage point down the lake. | 我们没有选择 枪声是从湖下游的运输点传来的 |
[05:46] | We can’t defend if the British have beaten us there. | 如果英国人在那里打败了我们 我们就无法防御 |
[05:49] | It’d be safer if we make our way inland in small groups. | 我们分成小组往内陆走会更安全 |
[05:53] | I’ll join the troops and march towards Hubbardton. | 我会加入军队 向哈伯顿进军 |
[05:55] | Shouldn’t be more than a day or two away. | 应该不会超过一两天 |
[06:02] | Dinna fash, Sassenach. | 别担心 英格兰人 |
[06:04] | If anyone’s legs willna carry them, I will. | 要是有人走不动 我就背着他走 |
[06:07] | I’ll have Ian go ahead and find a path. | 我会让伊恩继续找路 |
[06:10] | Come now. It’s time to go. | 来吧 该走了 |
[06:13] | Here. Take hold of my arm, I’ll steady thee. | 来 抓住我的胳膊 我会扶住你的 |
[06:15] | That Indian, we can’t trust him. | 那个印第安人 我们不能相信他 |
[06:17] | He’s leading us into a trap to the other savages. He’ll kill us all. | 他正在把我们引向其他野蛮人的陷阱 他会害死我们所有人 |
[06:22] | Calm thyself. Thee has no cause for alarm. | 冷静 你不必惊慌 |
[06:25] | I won’t let him take me alive. He’ll skin me while I yet draw breath. | 我不会让他活捉我的 他会活剥了我的皮 |
[06:28] | He’ll do nothing of the kind. | 他不会做那种事 |
[06:31] | That is Ian. I know him. He’s as gentle as a lamb. | 他是伊恩 我了解他 他像羔羊一样温柔 |
[06:34] | He’s trying to help us. | 他在努力帮助我们 |
[06:35] | Are you certain? | 你确定吗 |
[06:37] | I trust him completely. | 我完全信任他 |
[06:40] | Come now. | 来吧 |
[07:08] | Mrs. Raven. | 拉文太太 |
[07:11] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[07:14] | These people need rest. We should find somewhere to camp for the night. | 这些人需要休息 我们应该找个地方安营过夜 |
[07:19] | Aye. | 好 |
[07:23] | Indians! We’ll all be killed! | 是印第安人 我们都会被杀掉 |
[07:25] | Quiet. They may not have seen us. Not yet. | 安静 他们可能 没看到我们 还没看到 |
[07:29] | Everyone off the road. | 所有人都离开小路 |
[07:32] | Come this way. Stay out of sight. | 跟我来 别让人看见 |
[07:36] | Stick together. | 待在一起 |
[07:56] | It’s just as I suspected. | 正如我所怀疑的那样 |
[07:58] | Redcoats, running alongside the road, pretending to be Indians. | 英国士兵在路边跑来跑去 装扮成印第安人 |
[08:01] | Trying to scare us into revealing our position. | 想吓唬我们 让我们暴露我们的位置 |
[08:03] | Almost worked. | 差点让他们成功了 |
[08:05] | You and the Hunters, take these folks deeper into the woods. | 你和亨特兄妹把这些人带到树林深处 |
[08:09] | My men will stay with you. Ian and I will draw the soldiers away. | 我的人会和你在一起 伊恩和我会引开士兵 |
[08:13] | Rachel, Denzell, let’s get everybody this way. | 瑞秋 丹泽尔 我们让大家都往这边走 |
[08:16] | Quiet. | 安静 |
[08:27] | -Have you seen Mrs. Raven? -Not since… | -你看到拉文太太了吗 -没有 自从… |
[08:30] | We were walking together when the screaming started. | 听到尖叫时 我们在一起 |
[08:33] | She was muttering something, not wanting them to take her. | 她嘟囔着什么 不想让他们带走她 |
[08:36] | I tried to soothe her, but Tommy started crying… | 我试图安抚她 但汤米开始哭… |
[08:38] | Where did you last see her? | 你最后一次见到她是在哪 |
[08:43] | All right, follow the others. | 好吧 跟着其他人 |
[08:52] | I was sorry to have to do it, but I hadn’t a choice, really. | 我很抱歉不得不这样做 但我别无选择 真的 |
[08:56] | I’ve got to support the authority of my teachers, | 我要支持老师的权威 |
[08:59] | or the whole place goes to hell. | 否则这整个地方都会毁于一旦 |
[09:01] | My son only cursed because that woman damn near tore his ear off. | 我儿子骂人是因为 那个女人差点把他耳朵扯下来 |
[09:07] | And for no crime greater than saying a few words in Gaelic. | 没有比说了几句盖尔语 更严重的罪行了 |
[09:11] | Did Jeremiah tell you what it was he said? | 耶利米有没有告诉你他说的是什么 |
[09:15] | Not in detail. No. | 没细说 |
[09:17] | He called Ms. Glendenning a haggard old goat-breathed daughter of a witch. | 他称格伦登宁女士 是女巫老态龙钟的女儿 |
[09:25] | I can imagine she wasn’t impressed. | 我可以想象她不以为然 |
[09:29] | He’ll have had that one from my father-in-law. | 他是从我岳父那里听来的 |
[09:31] | I would never have taught him that particular phrase. | 我绝不会教他那句话 |
[09:36] | But you do have the Gaelic yourself? | 但你自己也说盖尔语 |
[09:39] | Picked it up working on the fishing boats in the Minch when I was younger. | 我小时候在明奇海峡的 渔船上工作时学会的 |
[09:43] | Huh. Well, I have had a wee word with Ms. Glendenning, | 好吧 我跟格伦登宁女士聊过几句 |
[09:47] | but I fear she herself is just a symptom of a larger problem. | 但我担心她代表了一个更大的问题 |
[09:53] | And what’s that? | 什么问题 |
[09:55] | People nowadays are eager for their children to speak good English, | 现在的人都渴望自己的孩子 会说一口流利的英语 |
[09:58] | get good jobs, be able to leave the Highlands. | 找到好工作 能够离开高地 |
[10:01] | Aye, it’s a shame. | 是啊 真遗憾 |
[10:04] | The language is our history. Our culture. | 语言是我们的历史 我们的文化 |
[10:09] | Highlanders have been fighting and dying for the right to speak Gaelic… | 自起义之前 高地人 一直在为说盖尔语的权利 |
[10:14] | since before the Rising. | 奋斗和牺牲 |
[10:17] | I couldn’t agree more. You’re my man. | 我完全同意 你就是我要找的人 |
[10:22] | You were a teacher once, weren’t you? You’re passionate about it. | 你曾当过老师 是吗 你对此充满热情 |
[10:26] | I have been wanting to hold a class for exactly what you’re talking about. | 我一直想为你说的这个问题开一门课 |
[10:31] | I have it right. You were a teacher? | 我说的没错吧 你以前当过老师 |
[10:36] | Aye. | 是的 |
[10:52] | I think it’s the last one, Uncle. The others fled. | 我想这是最后一个了 叔叔 其他人逃走了 |
[10:57] | We best be getting back. | 我们最好往回走 |
[11:00] | Mrs. Raven? | 拉文太太 |
[11:04] | Mrs. Raven? | 拉文太太 |
[11:09] | Mrs. Raven. | 拉文太太 |
[11:20] | Mrs. Raven, you have to come with me. You’ll be safe back with the others. | 拉文太太 你得跟我走 你跟其他人在一起会很安全的 |
[11:25] | No, I’ll never be safe. They’re coming. | 不 我永远不会安全 他们来了 |
[11:27] | You have to be quiet. | 你必须保持安静 |
[11:31] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[11:50] | Show yourself. | 出来 |
[11:52] | Jamie, it’s me. It’s Denzell. | 杰米 是我 是丹泽尔 |
[11:54] | What are you doing here? Where are the others? | 你在这里做什么 其他人呢 |
[11:57] | Camped safely. | 已经安全扎营了 |
[11:58] | But Mrs. Wellman told me Claire went to look for one of her patients. | 但威尔曼夫人告诉我 克莱尔去找她的一个病人了 |
[12:02] | She never came back. It’s been quite a while, so I came looking for her. | 她再也没有回来 已经有段时间了 所以我一直在找她 |
[12:30] | Soldiers’ boots. Three or four of them, from this way. | 军靴的印子 有三四个人 从这边来的 |
[12:35] | Someone was dragged. | 有人被拖走了 |
[12:38] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[12:40] | They’re heading north, towards the fort. | 他们正向北朝堡垒走 |
[13:07] | Sir, may I have some water? | 先生 我可以喝点水吗 |
[13:15] | Sir, we need water. | 先生 我们需要水 |
[13:19] | May I at least go to the well and fetch some for the sick? | 我可以至少去井里取些水给病人吗 |
[13:22] | Madam, my orders are none of the prisoners are to leave this area. | 女士 我收到的命令是 所有囚犯都不能离开这个区域 |
[13:26] | Then may I suggest that you or one of your men go get it. | 那你或你的一个战友去拿水吧 |
[13:30] | Or are your orders to let your prisoners die of thirst? | 还是你收到命令 要让你的囚犯渴死 |
[13:51] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[13:55] | Mrs. Fraser. Just couldn’t stay away, could you? | 弗雷泽夫人 你就是不能躲远点 对吧 |
[13:59] | Where’s Big Red? He make it out? | 大红呢 他成功了吗 |
[14:02] | He did. | 是的 |
[14:04] | What on earth are you doing out here? | 你到底在这外面做什么 |
[14:07] | The British needed a hospital for their own, I suppose. | 我想 英国人需要自己的医院 |
[14:11] | But I told them that I was to be moved with care. | 但我告诉他们要小心移动我 |
[14:15] | Surgeon’s orders. | 这是外科医生的命令 |
[14:16] | And they obliged me. | 他们答应了我 |
[14:18] | I’m very glad to hear it. | 我很高兴听你这么说 |
[14:24] | The bandage is dry, which indicates the wound is healing nicely. | 绷带是干的 说明伤口愈合良好 |
[14:30] | How are you feeling? | 你感觉怎么样 |
[14:32] | It’s not my leg that’s bothering me, ma’am. | 困扰我的不是我的腿 女士 |
[14:35] | It’s my chest. | 是我的胸 |
[14:37] | I can’t seem to take in enough air. | 我似乎无法吸入足够的空气 |
[14:41] | Let me have a listen. | 让我听一听 |
[14:46] | Take a long, deep breath. Slow and steady, Walter. | 缓慢而稳定地深呼吸 沃尔特 |
[14:58] | When did your symptoms start? | 你的症状是什么时候开始的 |
[15:00] | I was feeling good until a few hours ago. | 几个小时前我还感觉不错 |
[15:06] | What is it, Mrs. Fraser? | 我是怎么了 弗雷泽夫人 |
[15:09] | Could just be mucus in your lungs from the damp in the air. | 可能只是空气潮湿造成的肺部粘液 |
[15:13] | Then why do you look more worried now than when we thought | 那为什么你现在看起来比我们以为 |
[15:17] | the British might be firing? | 英国人可能会开火时更担心 |
[15:20] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:22] | It could also be an embolism. | 也可能是栓塞 |
[15:24] | That’s where your blood starts clotting in your lungs. | 就是你的血液开始在你的肺部凝结 |
[15:29] | It can be a complication after a surgery like your amputation. | 这可能是截肢等手术后的并发症 |
[15:35] | That doesn’t sound good. | 听起来不太好 |
[15:39] | It’s not. | 是不好 |
[15:41] | That’s why I’m going to keep a close eye on you. | 所以我要密切观察你 |
[15:45] | There’ll be water here soon, and I’ll try and fetch some herbs that might help. | 这里很快就会有水了 我会试着去取一些可能有帮助的药草 |
[15:51] | Seeing as though I don’t have much to do this afternoon, | 既然我今天下午没什么事要做 |
[15:55] | I suppose that’ll be just fine. | 我想应该没问题 |
[16:01] | Enter. | 进来 |
[16:05] | Captain Richardson. Sir. | 理查森上尉 您好 |
[16:07] | Lieutenant Lord Ellesmere. | 埃尔斯米尔勋爵中尉 |
[16:13] | I came as soon as I heard you’d arrived. | 我一听说你来了 就尽快赶来了 |
[16:15] | I had begun to despair of ever seeing you again. | 我已经开始绝望了 以为再也见不到你了 |
[16:18] | Apologies for my tardiness, sir. | 我为我的迟到道歉 先生 |
[16:20] | Fate conspired to keep me in Virginia longer than intended. | 命运安排我在弗吉尼亚待的时间 比预期的要长 |
[16:23] | Then I take it you had ample time to deliver my message. | 那么我认为 你有足够的时间传达了我的信息 |
[16:26] | Have you any for me in return? | 你有什么回报我的吗 |
[16:29] | Unfortunately, sir, the Great Dismal Swamp | 不幸的是 我在大阴暗沼泽里 |
[16:31] | deprived me of my horse, and with it, your correspondence. | 弄丢了我的马跟您的信件 |
[16:36] | And did you have occasion to look at the message before it was lost? | 你有没有在弄丢之前看过信的内容 |
[16:41] | Perhaps you attempted to break the cipher and commit its contents to memory? | 也许你试图破解密码 把里面的内容记起来 |
[16:45] | I did not read the message, sir, as you expressly gave me orders not to. | 我没有看过 先生 因为您明确命令过我不要看 |
[16:49] | However, | 然而 |
[16:51] | I did learn something about its intended recipients. | 我确实了解了一些收件人的情况 |
[16:56] | And what, pray tell, is that? | 请告诉我 是什么 |
[17:06] | I’ve been told that Samuel Cartwright is a Rebel. | 我听说塞缪尔卡特赖特是个叛军 |
[17:11] | I’ve since learned that Henry Carver and Joshua Harrington are as well. | 之后 我了解到亨利卡弗 和约书亚哈灵顿也是 |
[17:19] | How do you think wars are won, Lieutenant? | 中尉 你以为战争是怎么赢的 |
[17:22] | -With victory on the battlefield, sir. -Without a doubt. | -在战场上取得胜利 长官 -毫无疑问 |
[17:27] | But how do commanders know where that battlefield will be? | 但是指挥官们怎么知道 战场会在哪里呢 |
[17:31] | How do they know the size and strength of their opponent? | 他们怎么知道对手的规模和实力 |
[17:36] | What their opponent’s weaknesses are, how to exploit those weaknesses. | 他们的对手的弱点是什么 如何利用这些弱点 |
[17:41] | Intelligence. | 情报 |
[17:44] | And my many years of experience have taught me | 而我多年的经验教会了我 |
[17:47] | that the best intelligence comes from men the enemy trusts. | 最好的情报来自敌人信任的人 |
[17:54] | So those men are spies. | 所以那些人是间谍 |
[17:56] | Eyes and ears for the British cause. | 英国人的耳目 |
[17:59] | The information in that message was vitally important for their work. | 信件中的信息对他们的工作至关重要 |
[18:03] | And because of your misfortunes, that information did not reach them. | 而由于你的不幸 这些信息 没有送达他们的手中 |
[18:10] | Forgive me, Captain Richardson. | 原谅我 理查森上尉 |
[18:13] | I cannot tell you how sorry I am to have failed at this mission. | 我无法告诉你我对这次任务的失败 感到多么抱歉 |
[18:19] | Do you know what else my years of experience have taught me, Lieutenant? | 你知道我多年的经验 还教会了我什么吗 中尉 |
[18:24] | No, sir. | 不知道 长官 |
[18:32] | War is long. No doubt an opportunity for redemption will present itself. | 战争很漫长 毫无疑问 还会有机会弥补的 |
[18:38] | I will be ready when it does, sir. You have my word. | 我会准备好的 长官 我保证 |
[18:43] | Very well. | 很好 |
[18:45] | Now, I suggest you reacquaint yourself with your uniform, Lieutenant. | 现在 我建议你穿回你的制服 中尉 |
[18:52] | Your trunk traveled north with my own. You’ll find it in the officers’ quarters. | 你的行李箱跟我的一起运往北边了 你能在军官宿舍找到 |
[19:09] | She’s hungry. | 她饿了 |
[19:12] | But my milk, well, | 但我的母乳 |
[19:14] | it’s not coming as it usually does. | 不像往常那样分泌了 |
[19:16] | Well, I’m not surprised. You’ve hardly had anything to eat or drink. | 嗯 我不意外 你几乎没吃的 也没喝的 |
[19:22] | That slows your milk. | 这会减慢你的泌乳速度 |
[19:25] | I need you to drink as much water as you can. | 我需要你尽可能多喝水 |
[19:28] | I’ll try and find you some food. | 我会试着给你找些食物 |
[19:32] | -Here. -Thank you, ma’am. | -给 -谢谢 女士 |
[19:45] | Walter. | 沃尔特 |
[19:47] | This should help. | 这应该会有所帮助 |
[19:49] | Thank you, Mrs. Fraser. | 谢谢你 弗雷泽夫人 |
[20:05] | Sir. Excuse me, sir. Sir! | 长官 不好意思 长官 长官 |
[20:10] | I must insist, at the very least that you provide | 我必须坚持 你至少得提供 |
[20:12] | the basic necessities of care for your prisoners. | 照顾囚犯的基本必需品吧 |
[20:16] | Sir, are you hearing me? | 长官 你在听我说话吗 |
[20:18] | I… | 我… |
[20:20] | I beg your pardon, madam, but I believe I know you. | 对不起 女士 但我相信我认识你 |
[20:25] | -You’re Mistress Fraser, are you not? -I am. | -你是弗雷泽夫人 不是吗 -我是 |
[20:29] | I am Lieutenant Lord Ellesmere. William Ransom. | 我是埃尔斯米尔中尉 威廉蓝森 |
[20:34] | I visited your home on Fraser’s Ridge when I was a boy. | 我小时候去过你在弗雷泽岭的家 |
[20:39] | You saved my father’s life. | 你救过我父亲的命 |
[20:42] | William? | 威廉 |
[20:52] | You’re a Rebel? | 你是叛军 |
[20:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:58] | My husband is a colonel in the militia. | 我丈夫是民兵上校 |
[21:00] | We were separated and I was captured. | 我们分开了 我被抓了 |
[21:06] | Now I wonder if I might ask for some supplies. | 现在我想知道 我是否可以要求一些补给品 |
[21:11] | Linens for bandages. | 亚麻布绷带 |
[21:13] | I’ll request our regimental surgeon send some bandages. | 我会要求我们的团外科医生 送一些绷带来 |
[21:16] | And food. We have a starving baby, and I fear we’re going to lose some of the sick | 还有食物 我们有一个挨饿的婴儿 我担心如果我们不尽快拿来吃的 |
[21:21] | if we don’t get some food soon. | 一些病人会饿死 |
[21:25] | That may be difficult. | 那可能很难 |
[21:30] | Our supplies are still two days behind us. | 我们的物资仍然落后两天 |
[21:32] | Your compatriots burned whatever was left in the storehouses. | 你的同胞把仓库里 剩下的东西都烧掉了 |
[21:40] | I’ll see what can be done. | 我会看看能做些什么 |
[21:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[21:47] | If you speak with your regimental surgeon, | 你跟团外科医生说说 |
[21:49] | perhaps he could spare some herbs and medicines. | 他也许可以分一些草药和药物给我们 |
[21:53] | It would do the world of good. | 那可帮大忙了 |
[21:56] | Your servant, madam. | 为您效劳 夫人 |
[22:12] | You know the buzzing sound, that feeling it gives you in your bones. | 你知道嗡嗡声 那种从骨子里给你的感觉 |
[22:16] | That’s what I felt in the tunnel before I found my way out. | 这就是我在隧道里 找到出路之前的感觉 |
[22:19] | And I saw something, too. | 我也看到了一些东西 |
[22:22] | Not stones, but energy. It was like– | 不是石头 而是能量 这就像是… |
[22:25] | Wait. Hold on, hold on, Bree. | 等等 等一下 布丽 |
[22:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:33] | It looked like the way heat shimmers off of asphalt. | 那看起来就像 热气从沥青上散发出来 |
[22:36] | Or water? | 或者是水 |
[22:38] | Oh, I don’t know, it’s hard to describe, but, Roger, there’s something down there. | 我不知道 很难描述 但是 罗格 下面有东西 |
[22:43] | I wonder. | 我想知道 |
[22:46] | -The dam’s right on the loch, isn’t it? -Yes. | -大坝就在湖边 不是吗 -是的 |
[22:49] | On the east side, toward Pitlochry. | 在东侧 朝向皮特洛赫里 |
[22:51] | Do you have any sense of the bearing of the tunnel to the dam? | 你知道隧道通向大坝的方向吗 |
[22:55] | The blueprints are at the office, I could check. | 设计图在办公室里 我可以检查 |
[22:58] | But if I remember correctly, | 但如果我没记错的话 |
[23:01] | the tunnel runs this way. | 隧道是这个朝向 |
[23:04] | We think there’s a ley line from the Achavanich Standing Stones | 我们认为这是阿查瓦尼奇立石 |
[23:08] | to the standing stones at Craigh na Dun, don’t we? What if– | 到克雷纳敦的巨石的地脉 是吧 要是… |
[23:11] | The same line continues down toward the Errochty Dam site. Yes. | 这条线一直延伸到 埃罗希蒂大坝 是的 |
[23:16] | Maybe the stone circles somehow | 也许石圈会以某种方式 |
[23:18] | interact with ley lines at certain locations | 在某些地点与地脉线互动 |
[23:21] | to create a kind of portal. | 形成某种入口 |
[23:25] | That’s as good a guess as any. | 这是一个很好的猜测 |
[23:27] | Well, engineers prefer the term “working hypothesis.” | 工程师更喜欢“工作假设”这个词 |
[23:32] | It’s as good a working hypothesis as any. | 这是一个很好的工作假设 |
[23:35] | I need this in my Hitchhiker’s Guide to Time Travel. | 我的《时空漫游指南》里 需要加上这一段 |
[23:37] | Wait a minute. That’s what you’re calling it? | 等等 你要叫这个名字 |
[23:40] | Like the BBC Radio comedy? | 就像BBC广播喜剧 |
[23:41] | Not officially, but sometimes to myself, for fun. | 不是正儿八经的作品 有时候自己写着玩儿的 |
[23:46] | Uh, aren’t you supposed to be doing your Gaelic class, four o’clock? | 你四点不是要上盖尔语课吗 |
[23:51] | Fucking bollocks. | 真是该死 |
[23:53] | -Uh, trousers or kilt? -Uh, kilt. | -穿裤子还是苏格兰裙 -苏格兰裙 |
[23:55] | -Can you help pack my bag? -Sure. | -能帮我把东西装包里吗 -没问题 |
[23:59] | Uh, under the map. | 在地图下面 |
[24:14] | Do you think the British Army will hang their prisoners? | 你认为英国军队 会绞死他们的囚犯吗 |
[24:18] | Aye. They dinna see them as prisoners of war. | 会 他们不把那些人视为战俘 |
[24:20] | That would mean acknowledging the sovereignty of America. | 那将意味着承认美国的主权 |
[24:24] | Instead, they see us as traitors to the crown. | 相反 他们认为美国是王室的叛徒 |
[24:28] | Soon as night falls, I’ll find a way in. Fetch your auntie. | 夜幕降临时 我会想办法进去 去找你阿姨 |
[24:31] | It has to be me, Uncle. | 得让我去 叔叔 |
[24:34] | If you get caught, they will hang you. | 要是你被抓住 他们会绞死你的 |
[24:37] | I willna get caught. | 我不会被抓住的 |
[24:40] | The Mohawk have aligned with the British. | 莫霍克人与英国人结盟了 |
[24:42] | The guards will think me an ally. | 守卫会认为我是盟友 |
[24:44] | Mohawk or no, they willna take kindly if they see you leaving wi’ a prisoner. | 不管你是不是莫霍克人 他们看到 你带着囚犯离开是不会客气的 |
[24:49] | Uncle, I can do this. | 叔叔 我可以的 |
[24:56] | Fine. Agreed. | 好吧 行 |
[24:59] | But maybe there’s something I can do to help draw their eyes away. | 但也许我可以做些什么 去转移他们的注意力 |
[25:03] | I’ll be needing to borrow that bow. | 我需要借那把弓 |
[25:09] | We need to collect sticks to light fires for boiling water, sterilize the linens. | 我们需要收集木棍 来生火烧开水 消毒亚麻布 |
[25:14] | Now, try up that way. | 现在试试这样 |
[25:18] | Mistress Fraser, | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[25:21] | the bandages you requested, along with some other supplies. | 你要求的绷带以及其他一些用品 |
[25:24] | And I’m told this contains various and sundry botanicals that are necessary. | 我听说这包里 含有各种必需的植物草药 |
[25:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:31] | Lieutenant Sandy Hammond, ma’am, at your service. | 女士 桑迪哈蒙德中尉愿为您效劳 |
[25:34] | The supplies are compliments of Lieutenant Lord Ellesmere. | 这些用品是埃尔斯米尔中尉的美意 |
[25:37] | Duty prevented him from bringing them himself. | 他因职责原因不能亲自过来 |
[25:40] | Please relay my utmost gratitude to him. | 请转达我对他最大的谢意 |
[25:44] | Do you think we may be able to get some food? | 你觉得我们能得到一些食物吗 |
[25:51] | I doubt it, ma’am. The lieutenant sent word to the bakehouse, | 恐怕不行 女士 中尉通知了面包房 |
[25:55] | but the troops are living off what they’ve been carrying. | 但部队一直以所带的食物为生 |
[25:58] | I’m afraid there’s naught to spare until the supply train arrives. I’m sorry. | 恐怕在后勤补给车到达前 没有多余的东西了 我很抱歉 |
[26:07] | Lord Ellesmere said I was to give you this as well. | 埃尔斯米尔勋爵让我把这个也交给您 |
[26:10] | He said you looked parched. | 他说您看起来很干渴 |
[26:18] | Please thank the lieutenant for the libations. | 谢谢中尉的酒 |
[26:25] | May I ask, | 请问 |
[26:28] | how did you know who I was? | 你怎么知道你要找的人是我 |
[26:31] | He said you’d be the curly-wig giving orders like a sergeant major. | 他说您会像军士长一样发号施令 |
[26:39] | Good luck, ma’am. | 祝您好运 女士 |
[26:47] | Feasgar math. | 下午好 |
[26:48] | Feasgar math. | 下午好 |
[26:52] | I’m Roger MacKenzie, Jeremiah’s da’. | 我是罗格麦肯齐 耶利米的爸爸 |
[26:56] | I was born here in the Highlands, | 我出生在高地 |
[26:59] | and I’m excited to talk to you today about the Gaelic. | 我很高兴今天能和你们谈谈盖尔语 |
[27:04] | I know some of you have heard your older relatives speak it | 我知道你们中有些人 听年长的亲戚说过 |
[27:07] | and may even know a few words yourselves. | 甚至可能自己也知道几句 |
[27:11] | How many of you would like to learn to curse in Gaelic? | 你们中有多少人 想学习用盖尔语骂人 |
[27:16] | We don’t have bad words in the Gaelic like there are in the English. | 盖尔语跟英语不一样 没有坏词 |
[27:22] | Gaelic cursing is a matter of art. | 用盖尔语骂人是一门艺术 |
[27:25] | I once heard a farmer say to a pig | 我曾经听一个农民对一头 |
[27:29] | who’d gotten into the mash, | 钻进土豆泥里的猪说 |
[27:31] | “Gun spreadhadh do mhionnach tro do bhru ‘s gun itheadh na feannagan e.” | “愿你的誓言不破你的笔尖 愿乌鸦吃掉它” |
[27:36] | But what does it mean? | 但那是什么意思 |
[27:37] | May your intestines burst through your belly and be eaten by crows! | 愿你的肠子撑破你的肚皮 被乌鸦吃掉 |
[27:43] | Now, | 好了 |
[27:46] | our people | 我们的村民 |
[27:48] | have been speaking Gaelic since the fourth century. | 自四世纪以来一直在说盖尔语 |
[27:53] | The fourth century. | 四世纪 |
[27:55] | That’s over 1,500 years ago. | 那是1500多年前的事了 |
[28:03] | How many of you know what waulking songs are? | 有多少人知道摇摇欲坠歌是什么 |
[28:08] | It’s what the women would sing, all working together, | 是女人们会唱的歌 大家一起工作 |
[28:11] | kneading the wet wool to make it waterproof. | 揉湿羊毛使其防水 |
[28:13] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[28:16] | That kind of thing shouldn’t be lost, should it? | 这种东西不该弄丢 对吧 |
[28:19] | No. | 不该 |
[28:21] | Then there’s the line singing. | 然后是台词歌 |
[28:24] | And it goes back to when folks hadn’t many books. | 那可以追溯到人们没有很多书的时候 |
[28:28] | You’d have a gathering or a congregation, | 大家会聚在一起或凑在一起 |
[28:31] | someone would lead a song and the others would sing it back. | 有人会带头唱一首歌 其他人唱回去 |
[28:35] | Jemmy, Bobby. | 耶米、鲍比 |
[28:37] | These are hymnals and folk songs from the 19th century | 这些是19世纪的赞美诗和民歌 |
[28:42] | that my late father, the Reverend Wakefield, collected. | 是我已故的父亲 维克菲尔德牧师收集的 |
[28:47] | Give them a wee look | 在我们 |
[28:49] | while we try our hand at some line singing. | 试着唱台词的时候 看看它们 |
[28:53] | When I prompt you, you do the swan calls. | 当我给你们提示时 你们就发出天鹅的叫声 |
[28:57] | They sound like this… | 声音像这样… |
[29:06] | – Shall we give it a go? – Yes. | -我们可以试试吗 -可以 |
[29:56] | Walter? | 沃尔特 |
[30:02] | Walter, I need you to drink as much of this as you can. | 沃尔特 我需要你尽可能多喝这个 |
[30:12] | What in God’s name is that? | 这到底是什么 |
[30:15] | It’s a tea. | 是一种茶 |
[30:17] | Ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. | 里面有姜、大蒜和辣椒 |
[30:20] | Now, I know it’s unpleasant, but it’s the best I can do. | 现在 我知道这不好喝 但我尽了最大的努力 |
[30:23] | I need to thin your blood so we can dissolve the clot in your lungs. Here. | 我需要稀释你的血液 这样才能溶解你肺部的凝块 给 |
[30:39] | What I wouldn’t give for something | 我愿意付出一切 |
[30:42] | a little stronger. | 来恢复些体力 |
[30:47] | Well… | 好吧… |
[31:10] | Whatever I drink, it won’t likely change what’s going to happen, | 不管我喝什么 都不会改变我的结局 |
[31:17] | will it? | 是吗 |
[31:18] | No. | 不会 |
[31:19] | But brandy will help it go down easier. | 但白兰地能让它更适口一些 |
[31:43] | Walter, you told me you liked to dance, didn’t you? | 沃尔特 你告诉过我 你喜欢跳舞 是吗 |
[31:47] | That’s how you met your wife. | 你跟你的妻子就是那样相识的 |
[31:49] | Think of her. | 想想她 |
[31:51] | Now, you think of that | 现在 你想到了 |
[31:55] | first time you held her in your arms and you danced together. | 第一次你把她抱在怀里 你们一起跳舞 |
[32:04] | That just warmed my heart. | 那确实温暖了我的心 |
[32:07] | Ah, it was my pleasure. Thank you. | 那是我的荣幸 谢谢 |
[32:12] | It was wonderful, Roger. | 棒极了 罗格 |
[32:15] | I hope you’ll consider coming back in again for us. | 我希望你会考虑再来给我们上课 |
[32:18] | Again? | 再来 |
[32:20] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[32:23] | Do you know, if I’m honest, I have been feeling a bit, uh, adrift lately. | 知道吗 老实说 我最近一直感觉有点发飘 |
[32:30] | Teaching today gave me a nice, um, grounded feeling. | 今天上课让我感觉很接地气 感觉很好 |
[32:34] | -Is that a yes then? -You know, I think it is. | -那你是同意了吗 -我想是的 |
[32:38] | Aye. | 好 |
[32:39] | I’ll give you a ring with some dates and times. | 我会打电话告诉你时间安排 |
[32:45] | That was great. | 好极了 |
[32:47] | Rob Cameron. | 我是罗伯贾梅伦 |
[32:50] | Yeah, I know who you are. | 对 我知道你是谁 |
[32:52] | You work with my wife at the hydro. | 你和我妻子一起在水电厂工作 |
[32:55] | Best inspector we’ve had in years. Doesn’t take shite from anyone. | 她是这么多年来最好的检查员 她不会无视任何人的错误 |
[33:00] | No, she doesn’t. | 不 她不会 |
[33:02] | I brought my nephew, Bobby, that wee hooligan over there. | 我把我侄子鲍比带来了 就是那边那个小流氓 |
[33:06] | My sister’s a widow, so I pick up the slack wherever I can. | 我姐姐是个寡妇 所以我尽可能地帮她带孩子 |
[33:11] | -Well, I’m glad you enjoyed the class. -Oh, I loved it. | -我很高兴你喜欢这节课 -非常喜欢 |
[33:13] | Was really looking forward to reading the Reverend’s old hymnal. | 我真的很期待阅读牧师的旧赞美诗 |
[33:17] | -Did you not get a chance? -No. | -你没有机会读吗 -没有 |
[33:19] | No. I got to read something with a bit more action instead. | 不 我得读点更刺激的内容 |
[33:23] | This was with the books you were handing around. | 这本跟你分发的书放在一起了 |
[33:25] | It looked like it was in there by mistake, though, so I took it out. | 但看上去是误放在里面的 所以我拿出来了 |
[33:30] | Writing a novel? | 你在写小说 |
[33:34] | -Fiddling with the idea. -Aye. | -有这个想法 -嗯 |
[33:36] | I don’t know how that got in the stack. | 我不知道它是怎么混进去的 |
[33:39] | Well, maybe you’ll let me read it when it’s finished. | 也许等你写完了 可以让我读读看 |
[33:42] | I’m a great one for the science fiction. | 我很喜欢科幻小说 |
[33:44] | -Well, I have to finish it first. -Yeah. | -那我要先写完才行 -对 |
[33:51] | Well, I should, uh, probably grab Jem and get home to make the dinner. | 我该去接耶米回家做晚饭了 |
[33:55] | Wow. How’s that working for you? | 哇 你觉得那怎么样 |
[33:59] | Trust me, | 相信我 |
[34:01] | what I’ve got going on in the kitchen puts Bree to shame. | 我的厨艺会让布丽觉得羞愧的 |
[34:04] | Fighting words. | 你在开玩笑 |
[34:06] | Well, I’d love to try a dish sometime. Never turned down a home-cooked meal. | 有机会我想尝尝 我向来拒绝不了家常便饭 |
[34:11] | -Well, we should, uh, find a time. -I’m free next week, if that works. | -我们应该找个时间 -如果可以的话 我下周有空 |
[34:17] | I’ll bring the wine. | 我会带酒过去 |
[34:24] | -Aye. -Aye? | -好 -好吗 |
[34:25] | -Aye. Sure. -Perfect. | -好 当然 -好极了 |
[34:27] | Well, uh, great. I’ll see you soon. | 好极了 回头见 |
[35:03] | Godspeed, Walter. | 上帝保佑 沃尔特 |
[35:27] | Line them up on this side. | 把它们排在这边放好 |
[35:35] | Mistress Fraser. | 弗雷泽夫人 |
[35:39] | Just one moment. | 等一下 |
[35:40] | Ian. | 伊恩 |
[35:42] | Uncle Jamie sent me. We’re going to wait here, and as soon as– | 杰米叔叔派我来的 我们要在这里等着 一旦… |
[35:49] | Go. | 走 |
[35:52] | Mr. Murray! | 默里先生 |
[35:57] | What in God’s name are you doing here? | 上帝啊 你怎么来了 |
[35:59] | I’m a scout. | 我是侦察兵 |
[36:00] | Come from Thayendanegea. | 来自泰达尼加 |
[36:02] | The Mohawk leader you call Joseph Brant. | 你称之为约瑟夫布兰特的莫霍克领袖 |
[36:04] | -Of course. Your people. -Mm. | 当然 是你们的人 |
[36:07] | It is a fortunate alliance. | 这是一个幸运的联盟 |
[36:09] | -Beneficial for all parties involved. -Aye. Very fortunate. | -对所有相关方都有利 -是的 非常幸运 |
[36:14] | As is our meeting like this. | 就像我们的会面一样 |
[36:17] | I didn’t have the chance to… | 我没有机会… |
[36:21] | I wish to thank you, for the money and for entrusting me to the care | 我想感谢你给我的钱 也感谢你 |
[36:24] | of the exceedingly capable Hunters. | 把我托付给非常能干的亨特兄妹 |
[36:26] | I owe you a great debt, sir, for saving my life. | 先生 我欠你一个大人情 你救了我的命 |
[36:36] | Well, I better return to my duties. | 我还是回去工作吧 |
[36:39] | Farewell, Mr. Murray. | 再见 默里先生 |
[36:51] | Mr. Murray. | 默里先生 |
[36:54] | Did you not mention, when last we met, | 我们上次见面时 你是不是没提到 |
[36:56] | that our first encounter was at Fraser’s Ridge? | 我们第一次见面是在弗雷泽岭 |
[36:59] | Aye. | 是的 |
[37:00] | And that you’re the nephew of one James Fraser? | 你是詹姆斯弗雷泽的侄子 |
[37:02] | It is a strange coincidence that we have a Mistress Fraser | 有个奇怪的巧合是 我们的营地里 有一个弗雷泽夫人 |
[37:06] | in our camp, also of Fraser’s Ridge. | 也是弗雷泽岭的 |
[37:10] | -Now I believe that would make her– -His aunt. | -我相信她会是… -他的阿姨 |
[37:16] | You are no scout. | 你不是侦察兵 |
[37:19] | You’re a damned liar. | 你是个该死的骗子 |
[37:22] | -Are there others? -It’s only me. Come for my aunt. | -还有其他人吗 -只有我一个 来接我的阿姨 |
[37:28] | Mr. Murray, in spite of the fact that I have caught you | 默里先生 虽然我抓住了你 |
[37:30] | attempting to commit treason, | 企图叛国的举动 |
[37:33] | on my honor, I shall let you go. | 但我以名誉担保 我会放你走的 |
[37:36] | -I’m not going without her. -The lady stays. | -她不走我也不走 -这位女士要留下 |
[37:39] | She’s a prisoner of the King. | 她是国王的俘虏 |
[37:40] | William, please. | 威廉 拜托 |
[38:04] | -Let my auntie go. -I cannot. | -让我阿姨走吧 -我不能 |
[38:06] | -I am duty-bound to– -Do you owe me a life or not? | -我有义务… -你是不是欠我一条命 |
[38:09] | Aye, then. It’s hers. | 那好吧 就是她的命 |
[38:12] | Hardly a question of her life. You don’t suppose we kill women? | 她不会有生命危险的 你不会觉得我们会杀女人吧 |
[38:15] | I ken very well what your army is capable of. | 我很清楚你们军队的能力 |
[38:17] | General Burgoyne is a gentleman. As am I. | 伯戈因将军是一位绅士 我也是 |
[38:20] | I won’t always remain in your custody, will I? | 但不会一直由你关押我 对吧 |
[38:22] | What happens when you march out of here? Where will I be sent? To a prison ship. | 要是你离开了呢 我会被送去哪里 送到监狱船上 |
[38:28] | Christ, man. Turn your back for a moment and we’ll trouble you no more. | 天啊 伙计 你转过去一会儿 我们就不会再给你添麻烦了 |
[38:39] | For saving my father’s life. There’s a gap in the fence | 看在你救了我父亲命的份上 栅栏上有一道口子 |
[38:43] | where they’re digging latrine trenches. | 是他们在挖厕所沟的地方 |
[38:45] | -No one will see you go. -Thank you. | -没有人会看到你们逃走的 -谢谢 |
[38:50] | A life for a life, Murray. We’re quits. | 一命还一命 默里 我们两清了 |
[38:52] | Don’t let me see you again. I may not have a choice. | 别让我再见到你 我可能别无选择 |
[39:04] | This way. | 走这边 |
[39:12] | Auntie. | 阿姨 |
[39:18] | Sassenach. | 英格兰人 |
[39:22] | Jamie. | 杰米 |
[39:28] | Is it well with you? | 你还好吗 |
[39:34] | -You? -Well enough now. | -你呢 -现在很好 |
[39:41] | Jamie, all those people. | 杰米 所有那些人 |
[39:44] | Women and children, I just left them. | 妇女跟儿童 我刚离开了他们 |
[39:47] | I know you, Sassenach. | 我了解你 英格兰人 |
[39:50] | I ken you did all you could. Dinna think on it anymore. | 我知道你尽力了 我不想再想这件事了 |
[40:04] | -Mrs. Raven, she, uh… -Aye. | -拉文太太 她… -对 |
[40:08] | I ken. | 我知道 |
[40:11] | Walter Woodcock. | 沃尔特伍德科克 |
[40:14] | There wasn’t anything I could do. | 我无能为力 |
[40:18] | I just sat there and held his hand. | 我只是坐在那里握着他的手 |
[40:25] | Saved his life only to watch him die. | 救了他的命 却眼睁睁地看着他死去 |
[40:30] | Sometimes a hand in the dark is the comfort a man needs | 有时 黑暗中的一只手就是男人 |
[40:34] | before his soul takes its final journey. | 在生命走向终点前所需要的安慰 |
[40:45] | Is that brandy? | 是白兰地吗 |
[40:48] | Where’d you get it? | 你从哪儿弄来的 |
[40:53] | Your son. | 你的儿子 |
[41:00] | He gave it to me. | 他给我的 |
[41:05] | Tell me of him. | 跟我说说他 |
[41:09] | Later. When there’s time. | 等以后有空的时候 |
[41:18] | -Where are we going? -South. | -我们现在要去哪 -南方 |
[41:32] | After a few days’ journey, we rejoined the refugees from the fort | 经过几天的旅程 我们重新跟 那些从堡垒逃出来 |
[41:36] | who’d found their way back to the Continental Army. | 想回到大陆军中的难民们会合了 |
[41:42] | Jamie’s term of service was almost over, | 杰米的任期快结束了 |
[41:46] | and we’d be leaving soon for Scotland. | 我们很快就要动身去苏格兰了 |
[42:10] | I was told I’d find you here. | 有人告诉我能在这里找到你 |
[42:12] | Thee has arrived. | 你找到了 |
[42:14] | How is thy aunt? Does she need Denzell’s assistance? | 你阿姨好吗 她需要丹泽尔的帮助吗 |
[42:18] | He’s in the infirmary. I can take you to him. | 他在医务室 我可以带你去找他 |
[42:20] | No. My aunt is well, Bride be thanked. | 不用 我阿姨很好 感谢上帝 |
[42:25] | I dinna need your brother. | 我不需要找你哥哥 |
[42:27] | I need… | 我需要… |
[42:31] | Thee needn’t be embarrassed. I know the reason thee has come. | 你不必难为情 我知道你来的原因 |
[42:36] | You do? | 你知道 |
[42:37] | Of course. | 当然 |
[42:39] | Thee had hoped to see thy dearest companion, thy dog. | 你希望见到你最亲爱的伙伴 你的狗 |
[42:47] | Aye. | 对 |
[42:48] | Has he been a good lad? | 它表现好吗 |
[42:50] | I’ve been letting him sleep in with us, but during the day, he’s taken | 我一直让它和我们一起睡 但白天 |
[42:54] | to following the Wellman boy, hoping he’ll drop his supper. | 它就去跟着那个威尔曼男孩 希望他会把晚餐掉在地上 |
[42:57] | Well, better keep him close then. | 那最好别让它太靠近 |
[42:59] | Dinna want him getting us put out of camp for stealing. | 不想让它因为偷吃的 害我们被赶出营地 |
[43:02] | That would be most unfortunate. | 那就太倒霉了 |
[43:04] | Dinna fash. Uncle Jamie’s gone out hunting. | 别担心 杰米叔叔出去打猎了 |
[43:07] | I’m sure there’ll be enough food for us, and Rollo. | 我相信我们和罗洛会有足够的食物 |
[43:13] | I hope he wasn’t any trouble to you on the journey. | 我希望它在路上没有给你添麻烦 |
[43:16] | No. He was quite a comfort in the woods at night. | 没有 它晚上在树林里很惬意 |
[43:20] | Well, if you ever find yourself unable to sleep at night, | 好吧 要是你晚上睡不着 |
[43:26] | I’ll let you take Rollo. | 我可以让你带着罗洛 |
[43:28] | I’m sure he willna mind keeping you company. | 我确定它会愿意陪着你 |
[43:31] | Aren’t I the lucky one? | 那我真是个幸运儿 |
[43:59] | You do that a-purpose? | 你是故意的吗 |
[44:01] | Aye. I always shoot ’em through the eye. | 对 我总是打中它们的眼睛 |
[44:03] | Best place if you dinna want to spoil the meat. | 如果你不想破坏肉的话 打那里是最合适的 |
[44:08] | -And you are? -James Fraser. | -你是 -我是詹姆斯弗雷泽 |
[44:11] | Colonel of Fraser’s Irregulars. | 弗雷泽非正规军的上校 |
[44:14] | I’m Colonel Daniel Morgan. Commander, Morgan’s Rifles. | 我是丹尼尔摩根上校 摩根步枪队指挥官 |
[44:17] | I’d like you to come with me. | 我希望你跟我来 |
[44:18] | Forgive me. I must speak with the quartermaster about my tent. | 对不起 我必须和军需官 谈谈我的帐篷 |
[44:22] | My wife and I have only recently arrived and have nowhere to lay our heads. | 我跟我妻子才刚到这里 没地方可睡 |
[44:27] | Never mind the quartermaster. | 别管军需官了 |
[44:28] | Come with me, I’ll be sure you’re well taken care of. | 跟我来 我保证 你们会得到很好的照顾 |
[44:33] | And, uh, bring your rifle. | 带上你的步枪 |
[44:42] | Daniel Morgan? | 丹尼尔摩根 |
[44:44] | -I recognize that name. -Yeah. | -我认得那个名字 -是的 |
[44:47] | The skill of his riflemen is talked of from here to Virginia. | 从这里到弗吉尼亚 人们都在谈论他的步枪技术 |
[44:53] | He wants you to become one of them? | 他想让你加入他们 |
[44:57] | But your enlistment’s almost finished. | 但你的入伍期快结束了 |
[45:00] | Aye. | 对 |
[45:03] | I said yes, Claire. | 我同意了 克莱尔 |
[45:06] | I ken that means Scotland will have to wait a while longer. | 我知道这意味着 不得不再推迟一段时间去苏格兰 |
[45:10] | Canna leave the fight now. | 但我现在没法从战场上抽身 |
[45:13] | General Gates has taken over our Northern Army, | 盖茨将军接管了我们的北方军队 |
[45:16] | gathering troops on the Hudson, | 在哈德逊河上集结部队 |
[45:18] | just outside a village called Saratoga. | 就在一个叫萨拉托加的村庄外面 |
[45:23] | The British are moving south. A battle is coming. | 英国人正在向南移动 一场战斗即将到来 |
[45:28] | The Battle of Saratoga. | 萨拉托加战役 |
[45:30] | Jamie, I don’t remember much of the details, | 杰米 我不记得太多细节了 |
[45:32] | but this is a turning point | 但这对美国来说 |
[45:34] | for the American cause. The battle that draws the French into the war. | 是一个转折点 这场战斗将法国人卷入了战争 |
[45:38] | Then you ken why I can’t walk away. | 那你知道我不能袖手旁观 |
[45:41] | I knew you wouldn’t. | 我知道你不会 |
[45:47] | But if you’re going to fight, then I’m glad that | 但如果你要打仗 那我很高兴 |
[45:51] | you’ve accepted Colonel Morgan’s offer. | 你接受了摩根上校的提议 |
[45:55] | Aye? Why is that? | 是吗 为什么 |
[46:00] | By their nature, snipers, | 就其性质而言 狙击手 |
[46:02] | that’s what we call riflemen in the future, | 那是未来对于步枪手的称呼 |
[46:05] | they fight from a distance. | 他们远距离作战 |
[46:08] | No soldier is safe, | 没有士兵是安全的 |
[46:10] | but the further you are from combat, the better. | 但你离战场越远越好 |
[46:24] | I wonder, | 我想知道 |
[46:27] | why is it that women don’t make wars? | 为什么女人不打仗 |
[46:34] | You’re not made for it, Sassenach. | 你不是为此而生的 英格兰人 |
[46:39] | You don’t think women are just as capable as men | 你不认为女人和男人一样有能力 |
[46:41] | at fighting for what they believe in? | 为她们的信仰而战 |
[46:49] | No. No, that’s not what I mean. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[46:53] | You’ve proven to me that they are, Sassenach, many times. | 你已经向我证明了她们的能力 英格兰人 证明了很多次了 |
[46:57] | It’s just that women | 只是女人 |
[47:00] | take so much more wi’ ’em when you go. | 在上战场时承载了更多东西 |
[47:05] | When a man dies, it’s only him. | 当一个男人死去时 就只是他一个人 |
[47:07] | And one is much like another. | 一个个都很像 |
[47:10] | Aye, a family needs a man | 对 一家人需要一个男人 |
[47:14] | to feed them, protect them. | 去养活他们 保护他们 |
[47:17] | Any decent man can do it. | 任何正派的人都能做到 |
[47:21] | A woman takes a life wi’ her when she goes. | 一个女人走的时候 会同时带走一条生命 |
[47:27] | A woman is | 一个女人是 |
[47:29] | possibility. | 可能性 |
[47:33] | If you think one man is just like another, | 如果你觉得一个男人 跟另一个男人是一样的 |
[47:39] | then I can’t agree with you. | 那我不能同意你的看法 |
[47:51] | Perhaps there is some truth in what you say. | 也许你说的有些道理 |
[47:54] | Maybe it’s | 也许是 |
[47:57] | the ability to create life | 创造生命的能力 |
[48:01] | that would make it that much harder to end it. | 让生命的终结变成更加困难 |
[48:13] | Canna say I’m so very much afraid of dying as I used to be. | 我不能说我像以前一样害怕死亡了 |
[48:18] | I shouldna like it, of course. | 我当然不应该喜欢 |
[48:20] | But there’d maybe be less regret about it. | 但或许会少一些遗憾 |
[48:25] | Children are grown. | 孩子们长大了 |
[48:28] | And grandchildren are thriving. | 孙辈们正在茁壮成长 |
[48:31] | On the other hand, | 另一方面 |
[48:33] | while I may be less afraid for myself, | 虽然我可能不那么为自己害怕 |
[48:37] | I’m more reluctant to kill young men who havena yet lived their lives. | 但我更不愿意杀死 尚未拥有过自己生活的年轻人 |
[48:41] | Surely you’re not going to assess the ages of those shooting at you. | 你肯定不会去评估 那些向你开枪的人的年龄 |
[48:46] | Difficult. | 很难做到 |
[48:49] | I sincerely hope you don’t intend to let some whippersnapper kill you | 我真诚地希望你不打算 让一些菜鸟杀了你 |
[48:54] | just because he hasn’t lived a life as full as yours yet. | 只是因为他还没有 像你那样充实地生活过 |
[49:00] | No. | 不会 |
[49:03] | I’ll kill them. | 我会杀了他们 |
[49:05] | I’ll just mind it more. | 我会更注意的 |
[49:12] | Now, | 现在 |
[49:15] | tell me about William. | 跟我说说威廉 |
[49:18] | Tell me about my son. | 跟我说说我的儿子 |
[49:25] | He’s handsome. | 他很帅 |
[49:28] | He always has been. | 他一直很帅 |
[49:32] | He is thoughtful | 他很周到 |
[49:35] | and observant, | 很细心 |
[49:38] | and he’s stubborn. | 很固执 |
[49:41] | But clearly a man of honor. | 但显然是一个有尊严的人 |
[49:48] | When he looked at me, | 当他看着我时 |
[49:51] | I saw the same kindness in his eyes. | 我从他的眼中看到了同样的善意 |
[49:58] | But there was also a fire there. | 但当时那里也发生了火灾 |
[50:03] | Fierceness of a Highlander under all those courtly manners. | 那些彬彬有礼的举止之下 也有高地人的凶悍 |
[50:57] | What do you think you’re doing? | 你知道你在干什么吗 |
[51:08] | Christ. | 天啊 |