时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | Be back for dinner, mommy-o. | 妈妈 我晚饭回来 |
[02:55] | Jax. | 杰克斯 |
[02:57] | Hey, Jax, wait. | 杰克斯 等等 |
[03:00] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[03:02] | Welcome to Earth. | 欢迎来到地球 |
[03:03] | You’re not Professor Osborn. | 你不是奥斯本教授 |
[03:05] | You’re perceptive, I see. | 你很有洞察力 |
[03:07] | I’m his teaching assistant, Xander Duvall. | 我是他的助教 桑德尔·杜瓦尔 |
[03:10] | I was told I’d be meeting Dr. Osborn, so… | 我是来见奥斯本医生的 所以 |
[03:12] | Yeah, he was supposed to. He wanted to, in fact. | 是的 他是要来见你的 他也想来 |
[03:15] | But he’s very busy, so he sent me instead. | 但是他很忙 所以他派我来了 |
[03:17] | You think he’d find the time | 你觉得他会抽时间 |
[03:18] | to meet the orphaned niece he’s never met. | 来见他从未见过的孤儿侄女吗 |
[03:20] | Yeah, like I said, he’s– | 我说了 他 |
[03:21] | Very busy. | 很忙 |
[03:24] | I heard you. | 我听见了 |
[03:26] | I’m not sure we’re completely getting off | 咱俩的第一印象 |
[03:27] | on the right foot here, are we? | 好像不是很好啊 |
[03:29] | Well, it appears I’m not the only one who’s perceptive. | 看来不光我一个人有洞察力啊 |
[03:32] | I had a class with your mother… | 我上过你母亲的课 |
[03:36] | when I was a freshman. | 大一的时候 |
[03:38] | She was an inspiring teacher. | 她是一位热情的老师 |
[03:40] | I’m sorry for your loss. | 节哀顺变 |
[03:43] | That’s very kind of you. | 你人真好 |
[03:47] | I suppose we should go get my duffels then. | 我们去拿我的行李吧 |
[03:50] | You may just be strong enough to carry all of them. | 你应该正好能拿得动 |
[04:06] | Interesting he chose to model his home on the Queen Anne’s. | 有趣 他家的建筑风格居然是安妮女王 |
[04:11] | Not what I was expecting. | 跟我想的不一样 |
[04:12] | Yeah? What were you expecting? | 是吗 你想的是什么样 |
[04:15] | Certainly not to find my uncle aspiring to live in the home | 反正我没想到我叔叔这么喜欢 |
[04:18] | of a bonanza king. | 住在富饶的国王家中 |
[04:19] | even if just a very impressive replica. | 哪怕这只是逼真的复制品 |
[04:22] | Is that you, Mr. Duvall? | 是你吗 杜瓦尔先生 |
[04:25] | It is, Professor. | 是的 教授 |
[04:27] | Uncle. | 叔叔 |
[04:28] | Jacqueline. | 杰奎琳 |
[04:30] | Sorry I was unable to greet you personally, | 对不起 我没能亲自去接你 |
[04:33] | but it is most agreeable to finally meet you after all these years, | 不过这么多年来终于见到你 真是太好了 |
[04:35] | sadly under such unfortunate circumstances. | 可惜是在这种情况下 |
[04:38] | I appreciate your help, uncle. | 谢谢你的帮助 叔叔 |
[04:40] | It’s been a difficult few months as I’m sure you can imagine. | 这几个月很难熬 我相信你可以想象 |
[04:42] | I presume you’ve already been briefed on your dispensation. | 你应该知道以后我就是你的监护人了 |
[04:45] | If you mean that as my only living relative, | 你是说作为我唯一的亲人 |
[04:46] | I’m now your burden, then yes. | 我现在是你的负担了 我知道 |
[04:49] | Hardly a burden, my dear. | 怎么能叫负担呢 亲爱的 |
[04:51] | I’m not an emotional man, but I loved your mother dearly. | 虽然我不感性 但我很爱你的母亲 |
[04:54] | And to her, family was everything. | 对她来说 家庭就是一切 |
[04:56] | I feel it incumbent upon me to make sure that you’re looked after. | 我有责任照顾你 |
[05:00] | It’s what she would have wanted. | 这也是她想要的 |
[05:02] | Is there any news on the investigation? | 调查有什么消息吗 |
[05:05] | None as of yet, | 目前为止还没有 |
[05:07] | but I’ll see what I can find out. | 但我会想想办法 |
[05:08] | In the interim, you’re aware I arranged with the chancellor | 在此期间 你知道我和校长帮你安排好了 |
[05:11] | for you to matriculate this semester at the Fleet Training Academy. | 你将进入舰队训练学院学习 |
[05:14] | I appreciate you interceding on my behalf. | 感谢你帮我安排 |
[05:16] | The school year started two weeks ago, | 两周前已经开学了 |
[05:19] | but based on your grades | 但是根据你的成绩 |
[05:20] | you should have no problem playing catch-up. | 你赶上进度应该没什么问题 |
[05:23] | And if there’s anything else you need– | 如果你还需要什么 |
[05:24] | Quite right. | 没错 |
[05:25] | Mr. Duvall can assist you. | 杜瓦尔先生可以帮你 |
[05:26] | He’s one of my brightest pupils. | 他是我最聪明的学生之一 |
[05:28] | Please feel free to rely on him for any of your immediate needs. | 有任何事都可以找他 |
[05:32] | I certainly will, uncle. | 我会的 叔叔 |
[05:34] | Now as Mr. Duvall said, | 正如杜瓦尔先生所说 |
[05:35] | the school year has indeed commenced, | 学年已经开始了 |
[05:36] | and I am already quite inundated with work, | 我已经忙疯了 |
[05:39] | so if you’ll excuse me, | 失陪了 |
[05:40] | I’ll see you both on Friday for dinner here promptly at 7:00. | 周五晚上七点在这里吃个晚餐吧 |
[05:44] | Of course. | 好的 |
[05:47] | Such a warm and sociable man. | 真是和蔼可亲啊 |
[05:51] | Great men like the professor are often somewhat quirky. | 像教授这样的伟人都有点古怪 |
[05:56] | Not the word I would’ve used. | 我想的不是这个词 |
[06:00] | Anything else I can help you with? | 还有什么能帮你的吗 |
[06:02] | What do you know about my the death of my parents? | 你对我父母的死了解多少 |
[06:05] | Nothing. | 不了解 |
[06:07] | I only T.A. For the professor, | 我只是教授的助教 |
[06:08] | and as you can imagine, he’s pretty tight-lipped. | 你可以想象 他嘴巴很紧 |
[06:12] | Of course. | 是的 |
[06:14] | I guess I’ll be seeing you around then. | 那再见咯 |
[06:16] | Sooner than you might like. I’ll be seeing you in class. | 比你想象中要快 课堂上就会见到了 |
[06:42] | May I assist you? | 有事吗 |
[06:43] | Is this Interstellar Protocol? | 这是星际协议课吗 |
[06:45] | Stellar Cartography. | 恒星制图课 |
[06:47] | Wrong class. Sorry. | 走错了 对不起 |
[06:50] | Protocol is more than simple etiquette. | 协议不仅仅是简单的礼仪 |
[06:57] | It’s not about manners or pleasantries. | 无关礼貌或客套 |
[07:00] | It’s about respecting customs and traditions | 这是使用适当的外交形式 |
[07:01] | utilizing proper diplomatic formality. | 来尊重习俗和传统 |
[07:05] | For instance, if I wanted to convey my profound indignation | 例如 如果我因为一个学员迟到 |
[07:09] | over the inability of a cadet to arrive on time in my class… | 想表达我强烈的愤慨 |
[07:15] | how exactly would I do that? | 我该怎么做 |
[07:19] | I’m so sorry, I didn’t– | 对不起 我没 |
[07:22] | To misunderstand the culture you’re communicating with | 误解与之交流的文化 |
[07:25] | is one of the worst mistakes an officer can make | 是士兵在第一次接触的情况下 |
[07:27] | in a first contact situation. | 最严重的错误之一 |
[07:33] | Seemingly incomprehensible acts can often be better understood | 凡事从相反的角度审视时 |
[07:37] | when one examines the situation from the opposite perspective. | 看似不可理解的行为往往就能被理解了 |
[07:41] | And there are some worlds in which failure to adhere | 有些时候无法坚持 |
[07:43] | to proper protocol can have the direst of consequences. | 遵守适当的协议会产生严重的后果 |
[07:49] | Consider yourself lucky this is not one of them. | 你应该庆幸这不是其中之一 |
[07:52] | Wouldn’t you agree, Miss Zhou? | 周小姐 你同意吧 |
[08:08] | Shral didn’t need to be such a scum weasel. | 什拉尔那样太混账了 |
[08:12] | It’s my first day. | 这是我的第一天 |
[08:13] | I got lost on the way to class. | 我找上课的教室时迷路了 |
[08:15] | Are all the professors here so awful? | 这里所有的教授都那么糟糕吗 |
[08:16] | Actually, most of the profs are pretty neat. | 其实大多数教授都挺好的 |
[08:18] | Except Osborn. That man is a total ass. | 除了奥斯本 那个人太混蛋了 |
[08:21] | He’s also my uncle. | 他也是我叔叔 |
[08:24] | I guess I shouldn’t have said anything. | 我不该那么说他的 |
[08:26] | – I’m so sorry. – Oh, I agree. | -我很抱歉 -我同意 |
[08:28] | He is a total ass. | 他太混蛋了 |
[08:31] | I’m Jax. Nice to meet you. | 我是杰克斯 很高兴认识你 |
[08:32] | Atria. | 阿特丽亚 |
[08:34] | So where you headed now, Jax? | 你要去哪里 杰克斯 |
[08:36] | Back to the dorm. | 回宿舍 |
[08:36] | I have a ton of assignments to catch up on. | 我有很多作业要赶 |
[08:38] | Well, I’m going to hang at the Black Hole. | 好吧 我要去黑洞 |
[08:40] | – Want to come with? – Black Hole? | -一起去吗 -黑洞 |
[08:41] | Center of gravity on campus. | 校园的重心 |
[08:43] | Lounge, bar, hangout. | 酒廊 酒吧 娱乐场所 |
[08:45] | Place where you can unwind. | 放松的地方 |
[08:46] | And if you ever wanted to hear some really bad poetry, | 如果你想听一些烂诗 |
[08:49] | it’s the place to do that too. | 也可以去那 |
[08:51] | Did I mention it’s a great place to meet hot guys also? | 我有没有提到这里帅哥也很多 |
[08:54] | Not on my dance card this semester. | 我这学期不行 |
[08:57] | – I have other obligations. – You say that now. | -我还有其他的事要做 -你现在就嘴硬吧 |
[09:00] | Oh, that’s Tom. He’s also in Shral’s class. | 那是汤姆 他也在什拉尔的班上 |
[09:02] | You’ll like him. | 你会喜欢他的 |
[09:03] | He’s not your average joystick jockey. | 他可不是一般的飞行员 |
[09:05] | – Fighter pilot? – Wannabe. | -战斗机飞行员 -还没当上 |
[09:07] | Hopefully, he’ll wise up and get on a command track. | 希望他能想通去当指挥官 |
[09:09] | He’s way too smart to be flying jets in space. | 他太聪明了 不适合在太空中飞行 |
[09:13] | Glad you haven’t got many bruises | 很高兴看到你没受到 |
[09:15] | from that unprovoked attack in class today. | 今天课堂上无缘无故的攻击的影响 |
[09:17] | That you can see. | 看出来啦 |
[09:18] | Sumi Starburst for you, Tommy Boy. | 汤米 你的烟灰墨星爆 |
[09:21] | Hey, Atria. The usual and… | 阿特丽亚 老样子 |
[09:23] | and the new girl. | 新来的女孩 |
[09:25] | – Jax. – Jax. What can I get you? | -杰克斯 -杰克斯 要点什么 |
[09:28] | Just a shoulder to cry on. | 可以哭泣的肩膀 |
[09:29] | That I can definitely provide. | 绝对没问题 |
[09:31] | Let me guess. Osborn. | 让我猜猜 奥斯本 |
[09:33] | No. Shral carved her up and spit her out real good this morning. | 不 什拉尔今早把她好好训了一顿 |
[09:37] | I had him last year. | 我去年上过他的课 |
[09:39] | His bark is worse than his bite. | 他是刀子嘴豆腐心 |
[09:40] | He’s a pretty decent instructor once you get to know him. | 只要了解他 就会发现其实他是一个不错的教师 |
[09:43] | – What year are you? – Just finished my undergrad. | -你是哪一级的 -刚读完本科 |
[09:45] | On the med track now, looking to get onboard | 正在学医 想着以后 |
[09:46] | an exploratory vessel as a CMO. | 成为勘探舰的首席医疗官 |
[09:49] | Ah, a doctor. | 医生啊 |
[09:50] | Well, not yet. | 现在还不是 |
[09:51] | And with the way this semester’s been going, maybe never. | 看这学期的情况 也许我当不了了 |
[09:54] | Well, I love the humility. | 我喜欢谦逊的人 |
[09:56] | Not to mention a man who’s good with his hands. | 更不用说还有一双巧手了 |
[10:00] | So, what’s your story Jax? | 那你呢 杰克斯 |
[10:02] | Oh, not much to tell, really. | 其实没什么好说的 |
[10:04] | Yeah, somehow I doubt that. | 我怎么不信呢 |
[10:05] | Her parents were killed at New Portland. | 她的父母在新波特兰被杀了 |
[10:07] | Didn’t you hear? | 你们没听说吗 |
[10:10] | Yeah, I heard. | 听说了 |
[10:12] | Everybody heard. | 大家都听说了 |
[10:13] | But just because it’s on my mind doesn’t mean it’s on my tongue. | 但是知道不一定要说出来啊 |
[10:18] | I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to– | 我很抱歉 我不是故意的 |
[10:20] | It’s fine. It’s not any kind of secret. | 没事 这也不是秘密 |
[10:22] | Old news. Really. | 大家老早就知道了 |
[10:30] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:31] | Could I get a…? | 能给我一杯 |
[10:36] | Come to think of it, I think I am going to get that drink. | 我想了想 我要去喝一杯 |
[10:39] | I got this. | 我可以的 |
[10:47] | – Bartender. – What can I get you? | -酒保 -要点什么 |
[10:48] | He’ll have a Blue Safari, and so will I. | 给我俩各一杯蓝色游猎 |
[10:53] | If you wake up with a massive headache in the morning, | 如果你早上醒来时头疼得厉害 |
[10:55] | you can blame me. | 可以怪我 |
[10:56] | Why are you talking to me? | 你为什么和我说话 |
[10:59] | Why shouldn’t I? | 有何不可 |
[11:00] | I mean, if you’d prefer, I can go back and hang with my– | 如果你愿意 我可以回去和我 |
[11:02] | I guess I can’t really call them my friends, | 我也不能称他们为我的朋友 |
[11:04] | because I just met them, but the group I’m hanging with. | 因为我刚认识他们 但我一直和他们在一起 |
[11:08] | Are you with the Earth Intelligence Services? | 你是地球情报局的吗 |
[11:12] | Not very trusting of the kindness of strangers, I see. | 我明白了 你不太相信陌生人的好意 |
[11:16] | Come on. | 给 |
[11:16] | Drinking alone is called alcoholism. | 单独饮酒是酗酒 |
[11:18] | Much better to do it with a crowd. | 有人一起要好很多 |
[11:21] | Go on. | 来吧 |
[11:23] | – So, what’s your name? – Ralen. | -你叫什么名字 -瑞伦 |
[11:26] | I’m Jax, this is Greg, Thomas and Atria. | 我是杰克斯 这是格雷格 托马斯和阿特丽亚 |
[11:28] | She’s easy to recognize, | 她很容易辨认 |
[11:29] | because she’s the only one on campus who’s a natural purple. | 因为她是校园里唯一一个天生紫发的人 |
[11:32] | – I see. – So… | -这样啊 -所以 |
[11:34] | you’re the Zatarian ambassador’s son, huh? | 你是扎塔大使的儿子吧 |
[11:36] | I have that privilege. | 没错 |
[11:37] | What made you decide to join the Academy, Ralen? | 你为什么加入学院 瑞伦 |
[11:39] | Other than spying on all of you? | 除了监视你们所有人吗 |
[11:45] | That was my attempt at humor. | 开个玩笑 |
[11:51] | It can’t be easy being the first Zatarian | 作为战后第一个来学院学习的 |
[11:53] | to ever attend the Academy since the war. | 扎塔人一定不好过吧 |
[11:55] | I can’t imagine it’s any easier for you. | 你也不好过吧 |
[11:57] | There’s not a long history of clones | 阿达派的克隆人 |
[11:58] | belonging to the Adari sect joining the space fleet. | 加入太空舰队可没多久吧 |
[12:01] | That’s true, but that’s because we’re considered as property | 没错 但那是因为我们被视为财产 |
[12:03] | and our masters won’t let us pursue a formal education. | 我们的主人不让我们接受正规教育 |
[12:06] | So how did you convince your master | 你是怎么说服你的主人 |
[12:08] | to let you go the Academy? | 让你来学院的 |
[12:10] | Adari masters aren’t known for emancipating their clones. | 阿达的主人也不怎么放纵克隆人啊 |
[12:15] | I killed him. | 我杀了他 |
[12:22] | Here. | 给 |
[12:23] | – Excuse me? – I could tell | -什么 -我可以看出来 |
[12:24] | you desperately wanted some chips, but didn’t want to ask. | 你很想吃薯条 但你张不开嘴 |
[12:27] | – Telepath? – Part. | -心灵感应者 -混血 |
[12:30] | My mother was a captain in EarthCom. | 我母亲是地球网的一名舰长 |
[12:32] | My pops, telepathic. | 我爸会心灵感应 |
[12:33] | In the C.I.S.? | 在中情局 |
[12:35] | No. Jail. | 不 监狱 |
[12:37] | He got busted in Macau for cheating at cards. | 他在澳门玩牌作弊被捕了 |
[12:39] | Wasn’t the first time either. | 也不是第一次了 |
[12:40] | Not what Earth Intelligence had in mind | 地球情报局创造心灵感应者时 |
[12:42] | – when they created telepaths. – Yeah. | -可没想到会这样 -是的 |
[12:45] | Wasn’t really what I had in mind for a dad either. | 我也没想到我爸会这样 |
[12:48] | So, what really brings you to the Academy, Ralen? | 那你到底为什么来学院 瑞伦 |
[12:58] | I have always thought | 我一直在想 |
[13:00] | the best way to avoid another conflict | 避免我们两个种族之间 |
[13:02] | between our two respective races | 冲突的最佳方法 |
[13:05] | is to understand each other better. | 就是更好地了解对方 |
[13:08] | That’s why I prevailed upon my father | 所以我才说服了我父亲 |
[13:10] | to have the Earth ambassador to Zatar | 让地球驻扎塔大使 |
[13:11] | request that my application to the Academy be accepted. | 要求学院接受我的申请 |
[13:14] | So, what do you think so far, mate? | 你目前觉得怎么样 伙计 |
[13:16] | Earth preaches a set of values across the galaxy | 地球在星系中一直宣扬 |
[13:19] | about tolerance and diversity, | 宽容和多样性的价值观 |
[13:24] | but I have yet to see the actions of your people | 但我还没有看到你们 |
[13:26] | meet their high-sounding words. | 达到他们冠冕堂皇的标准 |
[13:31] | Until today. | 直到今天 |
[13:34] | Tell you what. | 既然这样 |
[13:35] | Since we’re now apparently the paragons of human virtue, | 我们成了人类美德的典范 |
[13:38] | allow me to offer you the chance to join our study group. | 请你加入我们的学习小组 |
[13:40] | You and Jax, of course. | 你和杰克斯一起 |
[13:42] | Not easy to make it at the Academy alone. | 一个人在学院可不好过 |
[13:44] | We’re stronger together than apart. | 团结就是力量嘛 |
[13:47] | I will accept your invitation. | 我接受你们的邀请 |
[13:50] | We got to go, but we’ll see you soon. | 我们得走了 回头见 |
[13:52] | We’re needed in space. | 要上太空了 |
[13:58] | They a couple? | 他们是一对吗 |
[13:59] | Not yet. | 暂时不是 |
[14:01] | He has a girlfriend on Vega 5, | 他在织女星5号有个女朋友 |
[14:03] | which won’t last much longer. | 不会谈太久的 |
[14:05] | For some reason, | 不知道为什么 |
[14:06] | 147-trillion-mile-distance relationships never work. | 147万亿英里的异地恋永远成不了 |
[14:10] | Why? You interested? | 怎么了 你有兴趣吗 |
[14:13] | Nah. | 不 |
[14:14] | Not in him. | 对他没兴趣 |
[14:18] | I like Ralen. What do you think? | 我喜欢瑞伦 你觉得呢 |
[14:21] | We’ll see. | 走着瞧 |
[14:22] | I’m having a tough time reading him. | 他很难读懂 |
[14:24] | Maybe he just doesn’t like you poking around inside his head. | 也许他只是不喜欢你在他脑袋里偷窥 |
[14:28] | I know I don’t. | 反正我不喜欢 |
[14:33] | Zatarian attack ship closing. | 扎塔攻击舰正在接近 |
[14:35] | Should I attempt to hail them? | 我要跟他们打个招呼吗 |
[14:37] | They’re heading towards us and not communicating. | 他们正朝我们过来 没有交流 |
[14:40] | Could be trouble. Weapons hot. | 可能有麻烦 武器就绪 |
[14:41] | All pulse cannons online. Prepare to fire on my mark. | 脉冲炮就绪 听我指挥开火 |
[14:44] | But Tom, we don’t know their intentions. | 汤姆 我们还不知道他们的目的呢 |
[14:49] | We do now. | 现在知道了 |
[15:11] | Let’s go again. | 再来一次 |
[15:12] | Maybe this time a little bit less chattering, | 这次少了一点闲聊 |
[15:13] | little bit more blasting, yeah? | 专注攻击 好吗 |
[15:15] | Might help. | 可能会有帮助 |
[15:29] | Hey, Miss Congeniality. | 美女特工 |
[15:30] | You busy downloading from the datacore again? | 又忙着在数据库下载吗 |
[15:33] | Sorry to interrupt your reboot. | 很抱歉打断你的重启 |
[15:35] | I wish you wouldn’t call it that. | 别这么叫它 |
[15:36] | You know we call it meditation. | 你知道我们称之为冥想 |
[15:38] | I met some people today. | 我今天遇到了几个人 |
[15:39] | They invited us to join their study group. | 他们邀请我们加入他们的学习小组 |
[15:40] | I said yes for both of us. | 我帮咱俩答应了 |
[15:42] | Are you sure that is wise? | 这样合适吗 |
[15:44] | What do you know of them and their abilities? | 你对他们和他们的能力了解多少 |
[15:45] | I know I like them. | 我知道我喜欢他们 |
[15:47] | Not necessarily the best criteria | 这可不是评估他们 |
[15:49] | to evaluate their suitability as study partners. | 作为学习伙伴合适性的最佳标准 |
[15:51] | Why do you always have to act so superior? | 你为什么总是自作聪明 |
[15:53] | Because I am superior. | 因为我就是比你聪明 |
[15:55] | It’s not narcissism, it’s an empirical fact. | 这不是自恋 而是经验事实 |
[15:58] | Right, well, one of them is Zatarian. | 好吧 其中一个是扎塔人 |
[16:01] | Ralen? | 瑞伦 |
[16:01] | – Yeah. You know him? – I know of him. | -是的 你认识他 -我听说过他 |
[16:04] | We should be wary. | 我们得小心点 |
[16:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[16:06] | Because he is Zatarian. | 因为他是扎塔人 |
[16:08] | We do not know his true motives for being here. | 我们不知道他来这里的真正动机 |
[16:10] | – I do. – You do? | -我知道 -是吗 |
[16:12] | Yeah. He said he wants to bring our races closer together | 是 他说他希望通过相互理解 |
[16:14] | through mutual understanding. | 让我们的种族更加亲近 |
[16:16] | – And you believe him? – Why shouldn’t I? | -你相信他了 -有何不可 |
[16:18] | – Because he is Zatarian. – You said that already. | -因为他是扎塔人 -你说过了 |
[16:22] | You have to understand, | 你必须明白 |
[16:24] | the Zatarian are violent and warlike. | 扎塔人凶猛好战 |
[16:27] | They’re treacherous and wary of other species. | 他们很危险 对其他物种也很警惕 |
[16:29] | They’re victims of their basest instincts. | 这是他们的本能 他们自己也没辙 |
[16:31] | I could say the same thing about human beings, | 人类也一样啊 |
[16:33] | and we struggle to overcome them every day. | 我们每天都在努力克服本能 |
[16:39] | So you’re saying you’re not going to be in the study group? | 那你不参加学习小组了吗 |
[16:41] | I thought you believed in respect for all races. | 我还以为你尊重所有种族呢 |
[16:44] | Isn’t it reasonable to evaluate this Zatarian base on his own merits | 在你根据你自己的偏见给扎塔人定性前 |
[16:47] | and give him a chance before convicting him | 是不是该给他一次机会 |
[16:49] | of your own personal prejudice? | 证明一下自己 |
[16:52] | I will participate in your study group. | 我加入你们的学习小组 |
[16:54] | What? | 什么 |
[16:55] | I said I’ll participate in your study group. | 我说我会加入你们的学习小组 |
[16:57] | Oh, well, I’m glad to hear that. | 那真是太好了 |
[16:59] | – Now I got to go. – Where are you going? | -我得走了 -你去哪 |
[17:02] | Dinner at my uncle’s. Should be lots of fun. | 去我叔叔家吃晚饭 应该会很有趣 |
[17:04] | Tons of laughs You’d love it. | 欢声笑语的 你肯定喜欢 |
[17:06] | Want to come? | 要来吗 |
[17:07] | No. | 不了 |
[17:20] | You clean up well. | 你收拾的挺好啊 |
[17:22] | I could say the same about you. | 你也是啊 |
[17:25] | How was your first day of school? | 你第一天上学怎么样 |
[17:26] | I’d prefer not to think about it. | 我不想回忆 |
[17:28] | I mean, I got raked over the coals by my prof today. | 我今天被教授训斥了 |
[17:30] | – Shral? – Yeah, Shral. | -什拉尔 -是的 什拉尔 |
[17:32] | He was a real ass, if you know what I mean. | 他真是个混蛋 你知道吧 |
[17:34] | No, I mean, hello, Professor Shral. | 不知道 你好 什拉尔教授 |
[17:37] | Mr. Duvall. | 杜瓦尔先生 |
[17:38] | Pleasure to see you, as always. | 每次见到你都很开心 |
[17:44] | Ah, Miss Zhou. | 周小姐 |
[17:45] | I thought I recognized that voice. | 我就说这声音挺耳熟的 |
[17:48] | A word of advice. | 给你一句忠告 |
[17:50] | A good officer needs to get along with all kind of personality. | 优秀的士兵需要适应各种各样的性格 |
[17:55] | Those you like, those you don’t. | 喜欢的人 不喜欢的人 |
[17:59] | Other species you can’t even begin to understand. | 甚至不了解的物种 |
[18:02] | You’d be wise to remember that. | 最好记住这一点 |
[18:05] | Enjoy the party. | 享受派对吧 |
[18:16] | You’re taking perverse glee in my predicament, aren’t you? | 你有点幸灾乐祸了吧 |
[18:19] | Never. | 哪有 |
[18:29] | You know, I admire a man who still has books. | 我很欣赏藏书之人 |
[18:32] | The touch and the feel of paper. | 纸张的手感 |
[18:35] | You know, it’s tangible. | 很有触感 |
[18:38] | And as much as we’ve gained as a civilization, | 虽然我们的文明在不断进步 |
[18:41] | I feel we’ve lost to life in our digital age. | 但我觉得我们在数字时代迷失了自我 |
[18:47] | Ellison Pevney, Miss Zhou. | 我是埃里森·佩夫尼 周小姐 |
[18:50] | I knew your parents well. | 我很了解你父母 |
[18:53] | My condolences. | 节哀 |
[18:54] | Professor Pevney, it is an honor, sir. | 佩夫尼教授 幸会 先生 |
[18:56] | The pleasure is all mine. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[18:58] | And I am delighted | 我很高兴 |
[19:00] | that you will be in my Earth History class this semester. | 你这学期会来上我的地球历史课 |
[19:03] | As am I. | 我也是 |
[19:04] | Do you mind me asking, | 多嘴问一句 |
[19:06] | is there any news of your parents? | 有你父母的消息了吗 |
[19:09] | I keep asking the same thing repeatedly, | 我也一直在问同样的问题 |
[19:12] | and no one seems to know anything. | 似乎没人知道 |
[19:14] | Well, surely your uncle can help. | 你叔叔肯定可以帮上忙 |
[19:17] | Help with what? | 帮什么忙 |
[19:19] | Donovan. We were just talking about you. | 多诺万 我们正说起你 |
[19:21] | We were talking about the investigation | 我们在讨论 |
[19:24] | into the attack on New Portland. | 新波特兰袭击的调查 |
[19:27] | I’m afraid I have no news to report. | 恐怕我没什么消息 |
[19:30] | I’ve just learned the investigation has been closed. | 我刚听说调查已经结束了 |
[19:33] | An entire colony was just obliterated. | 整个殖民地都被毁灭了 |
[19:35] | How can they just close the investigation? | 他们怎么能结束调查 |
[19:37] | I wish I had better news. | 我也希望我有更好的消息 |
[19:38] | If EarthCom doesn’t find out what happened, I will. | 如果地球网没什么发现 我会去查的 |
[19:41] | You realize that’s quite impossible, of course. | 你知道那是不可能的 |
[19:43] | We’ll see what’s impossible. | 走着瞧 |
[19:46] | Anyways, you’ll have to excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[19:48] | It’s been a long week, | 这周发生了很多事 |
[19:49] | and I have a lot of work to catch up on. | 我还有很多工作要做 |
[19:51] | Thank you for the gracious invitation. | 谢谢你的盛情邀请 |
[20:03] | What was all that about? | 怎么回事 |
[20:05] | She doesn’t know, does she? | 她还不知情 是吗 |
[20:06] | No. | 嗯 |
[20:08] | I don’t like it, Donovan. I think you’re making a mistake. | 这不好吧 多诺万 我觉得你犯了个错误 |
[20:12] | You need to tell her the truth. | 你得告诉她真相 |
[20:17] | For what it’s worth, I’m with Ellison on this one, Professor. | 不管怎样 这件事上我同意埃里森的看法 教授 |
[20:20] | That is your right. | 这是你的权利 |
[20:22] | But even if you disagree with my orders, | 但即使你不同意我的命令 |
[20:24] | I do expect you to follow them. | 我也希望你能听我的 |
[20:35] | I just want you to know that you still have | 我只想让你知道 |
[20:37] | my father’s full support. | 我父亲依然会全力支持你 |
[20:38] | And mine, of course. | 当然 我也一样 |
[20:40] | That is indeed a comfort. | 那我就放心了 |
[20:43] | By the way, I understand you already know the girl. | 对了 看来你已经认识那个女孩了 |
[20:46] | Not well. | 不太熟 |
[20:47] | She dated my sister for awhile. | 她和我妹交往过一段时间 |
[20:50] | But you knew that already, didn’t you, Professor? | 但是你已经知道了 不是吗 教授 |
[20:52] | I may have heard something to that effect. | 我好像听说过类似的事情 |
[20:54] | Don’t fence with me, Osborn. | 别搪塞我 奥斯本 |
[20:56] | My father won’t always control Parallax. | 我父亲不会一直控制视差的 |
[20:59] | If he keeps harvesting the organs of clones he grows | 如果他继续培育克隆体的器官 |
[21:01] | to sustain his frail body, he may just live forever. | 来维持他脆弱的身体 他可能会长生不老 |
[21:04] | You should try it. | 你也应该试试 |
[21:05] | We’ll see. | 走着瞧 |
[21:06] | One day Humpty Dumpty may not be able | 总有一天 他那把老骨头 |
[21:08] | to put himself back together again. | 会撑不下去的 |
[21:11] | I think it’s time you run back to Io and report. | 你该回木卫一报到了 |
[21:15] | Your father is not renowned for his patience. | 你父亲可没什么耐心 |
[21:17] | Neither am I. | 我也是 |
[21:19] | So I advise you to tread carefully. | 所以我建议你小心点 |
[21:22] | The company may be mine sooner than you think. | 说不定公司很快就是我了 |
[21:26] | I wonder what your sister, Odessa, would say about that. | 我很好奇你妹妹奥德萨会怎么说 |
[21:29] | I doubt she’ll be in a position to say anything. | 她可能都没有说话的资格 |
[21:31] | And if you don’t watch your tongue with me, | 如果你不跟我说话小心点 |
[21:33] | neither will you. | 你也不会有资格的 |
[22:30] | Prior to this, | 在此之前 |
[22:31] | World War I had been mistakenly | 一战被过于乐观地 |
[22:33] | and over-optimistically called “the war to end all wars.” | 错认为是”结束一切战争的战争” |
[22:42] | But two decades later, | 但20年后 |
[22:44] | the continent would again find itself | 世界再次发现自己 |
[22:46] | on the brink of conflict in the Second World War, | 在二战的冲突边缘 |
[22:50] | as you can see. | 正如你们所见 |
[23:00] | Enter. | 进来 |
[23:03] | You missed the study group. | 你没去学习小组 |
[23:06] | I came to see if you were all right. | 我来看看你有没有事 |
[23:09] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[23:12] | Human behavior remains a bit of an enigma to me, | 人类的行为对我来说仍然是个谜 |
[23:14] | but that was clearly a lie. | 但这显然是个谎言 |
[23:19] | I guess it is. | 是的 |
[23:22] | I’ve just… | 我只是 |
[23:23] | I’ve been thinking a lot about my parents lately. | 最近我一直在想我父母的事 |
[23:26] | They were killed in an attack. | 他们在一次袭击中丧生 |
[23:27] | New Portland colony? | 新波特兰殖民地 |
[23:29] | You heard about that? | 你听说过吗 |
[23:30] | My father is the Zatarian ambassador. | 我父亲是扎塔大使 |
[23:33] | There’s not much in the sector I don’t know about. | 这个领域我都略有耳闻 |
[23:36] | Of course. | 也是 |
[23:46] | One of the reasons I agreed to come here | 我同意来这里的原因之一 |
[23:48] | was I thought I might be able to find out more | 是我以为我能了解更多 |
[23:50] | about what happened to my parents. | 关于我父母的事情 |
[23:52] | And now it’s been three months, | 现在已经三个月了 |
[23:54] | and I don’t know any more today than the day they were murdered. | 我现在和当初了解的情况几乎没区别 |
[23:57] | And then I find out they closed the investigation entirely. | 然后我发现他们结束了调查 |
[24:00] | So now, I may never find out what really happened to them. | 现在我可能永远也不知道他们到底怎么了 |
[24:04] | And no one really seems to care about them or me. | 似乎没有人真正去关心他们或是我 |
[24:11] | I care. | 我关心 |
[24:14] | And I’m not the only one. | 我不是唯一一个 |
[24:17] | We are your friends, Jax. | 我们是你的朋友 杰克斯 |
[24:19] | I am your friend. | 我是你的朋友 |
[24:23] | Well, I appreciate that. | 很感谢 |
[24:25] | But unless you have a ship with EM-FTL capabilities, | 但是除非你有一艘拥有满载能力的飞船 |
[24:28] | I’m not sure there’s much you can do. | 不然你也无能为力 |
[24:30] | I do. | 我有 |
[24:33] | Do what? | 有什么 |
[24:35] | I might have access to a ship with light speed capabilities. | 我说不定能弄到有一艘拥有光速能力的船 |
[24:39] | I think I may have just found my new best friend. | 我可能找到了我最好的朋友 |
[24:47] | Are you sure this is legal? | 你确定这合法吗 |
[24:50] | We are students matriculated at the Academy. | 我们是学院的学生 |
[24:52] | and this ship is property of the Academy. | 这艘飞船是学院的财产 |
[24:56] | Are you saying this ship doesn’t belong to you? | 你是说这艘飞船不是你的吗 |
[24:58] | Let’s not split hairs, as you humans say. | 你们人类俗话说得好 别斤斤计较 |
[25:01] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[25:02] | It’s an old model training vessel. | 这是一艘老式的训练舰 |
[25:04] | They won’t miss it. | 他们不会当回事的 |
[25:06] | School is not back in session for several more days. | 学校过几天才会上课 |
[25:08] | So how do we get to it? | 那我们该怎么做呢 |
[25:10] | They’re not just going to let us fly it out of here. | 他们不会让我们飞出去的 |
[25:12] | I’ve already made arrangements. | 我已经安排好了 |
[25:14] | Happy birthday! | 生日快乐 |
[25:17] | I can understand if you don’t want to tell me how old you are, | 如果你不想告诉我你多大了 我也能理解 |
[25:20] | but it can’t be a day over 30. | 但肯定没超过30岁 |
[25:23] | Well, it’s not my birthday. | 今天不是我的生日 |
[25:26] | It’s not? | 不是吗 |
[25:27] | But I have a delivery order right here for William Rogers. | 但我这里有威廉·罗杰斯的快递 |
[25:33] | I’m Elias Wilson. | 我是伊莱亚斯·威尔逊 |
[25:35] | There must be some kind of mistake. | 一定是出了什么差错 |
[25:37] | But you’re the flight chief, right? | 但你是飞行主管 对吧 |
[25:40] | I am. | 是的 |
[25:46] | What are you doing here? | 你怎么来了 |
[25:48] | Well, rumor has it you were going on a little trip, | 听说你们要去旅行 |
[25:50] | and I love to travel. | 我喜欢旅行 |
[25:52] | Look, I appreciate the sentiment, | 谢谢你的关心 |
[25:54] | but I don’t think it’s a good idea if you try and tag along. | 但你还是别来了 |
[25:56] | I don’t know how long we’re going to be there, | 我不知道我们要去多久 |
[25:58] | or what we’re going to find. | 或是会找到什么 |
[25:59] | Well, sounds like we don’t have any more time to waste | 听起来我们没有时间 |
[26:01] | talking about it then. | 浪费在废话上了 |
[26:08] | I sure wouldn’t mind trying some of this tasty-looking cake. | 我不介意尝尝这个好看的蛋糕 |
[26:11] | It’s a long night, and I can’t leave my station. | 但今晚还很长 我不能擅离职守 |
[26:14] | Oh, I can’t. | 不行 |
[26:15] | But I can give you something sweet, | 但是我可以给你些甜点 |
[26:17] | because you’re so nice. | 因为你人真好 |
[26:20] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[26:21] | Did you just kiss that man? | 你刚刚吻了他吗 |
[26:23] | Well, of course. It’s his birthday, kind of. | 当然 今天是他的生日吧 |
[26:26] | Is that true? Is it your birthday? | 是吗 今天是你的生日吗 |
[26:29] | Well, no, not really. | 不 也不是 |
[26:31] | Then why are you kissing my girlfriend? | 那你为什么要吻我女朋友 |
[26:33] | I… | 我 |
[26:40] | Nice work. | 干得漂亮 |
[26:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:43] | Now I’m really hungry. That cake looked so yummy. | 现在我真的饿了 那蛋糕看起来很好吃 |
[26:47] | I just hope we’re not making a mistake. | 我只希望我们没有捅娄子 |
[26:50] | I mean, we could get expelled for this. | 我们可能因此被开除的 |
[26:53] | What have we gotten ourselves into? | 我们都卷入了什么 |
[26:55] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[26:56] | But I do know remember one thing my sisters used to tell me. | 但我记得我姐跟我说过 |
[27:00] | Be a voice, not an echo. | 成为声音 不做回声 |
[27:02] | You know, for years, I lived as a slave among the Adari | 这么多年来 我一直是阿达人的奴隶 |
[27:04] | because I wasn’t considered a real human being. | 因为他们认为我不是真正的人类 |
[27:08] | No one spoke for me. | 没有人替我说话 |
[27:09] | So I’ll tell you, Tom, | 我来告诉你 汤姆 |
[27:12] | I’ll never turn my back on someone who needs my help. | 我决不会拒绝需要我帮助的人 |
[27:15] | Ever. | 永远不会 |
[27:17] | You’re amazing, you know that? | 你真了不起 你知道吗 |
[27:20] | Stars can’t shine without darkness. | 没有黑暗 星星就不会发光 |
[27:27] | How far to planetfall? | 还有多远 |
[27:29] | At present speed, 16 hours, 24 minutes. | 以目前的速度 16小时24分钟 |
[27:32] | Okay. Anyone got anything to pass the time? | 有什么可以消磨时间的吗 |
[27:41] | I do love my classical. | 我很喜欢我的经典音乐 |
[28:07] | Scans? | 扫描仪 |
[28:09] | I’m detecting an EarthCom vessel in orbit around the planet. | 行星轨道上有一艘地球网的战舰 |
[28:11] | Registry, ECOM-19. | 编码 ECOM-19 |
[28:13] | It’s the battle cruiser Tereshkova. | 是捷列什科娃号巡洋舰 |
[28:16] | That’s strange. Osborn said the investigation had been closed. | 奇怪 奥斯本说调查已经结束了 |
[28:19] | Apparently not completely. | 看来没有完全结束 |
[28:22] | Can we get any closer without being detected? | 我们能悄悄接近吗 |
[28:24] | I can try bringing her down from a parallel orbit on the deck | 我可以试着让飞船撤离平行轨道 |
[28:27] | and below the ionosphere. | 藏在电离层下面 |
[28:28] | This ship is small enough it may not read on their scanners. | 这艘飞船很小 可能不会出现在扫描仪上 |
[28:31] | – Do it. – Aye, aye, cap. | -开始吧 -遵命 舰长 |
[28:39] | I can also deactivate the transponder codes, | 我还可以关闭应答机编码 |
[28:42] | which will make it less likely they’ll read us as well. | 这样他们就更不容易发现我们了 |
[28:44] | Yeah, but if they do, without our transponder codes, | 但是如果他们发现了 我们又没有应答机编码 |
[28:47] | they may just open fire on us thinking | 他们可能会把我们当作 |
[28:48] | we’re one of the marauders who attacked the planet. | 袭击地球的劫掠者直接开火 |
[28:51] | There is that too. | 也有可能 |
[28:53] | Jax, I’m detecting life-forms. | 杰克斯 发现生命形态 |
[28:56] | I think it’s time we join them. | 我们该加入他们了 |
[28:58] | Put her down near the colony where she won’t be seen. | 把飞船降落在不会被人看见的殖民地附近 |
[29:13] | I’m heading to the surface to see what’s really going on. | 我要去地面看看到底发生了什么 |
[29:15] | – Ralen, you up for a walk? – I am. | -瑞伦 走走吗 -好的 |
[29:18] | Greg, stay here with the ship. | 格雷格 留在飞船上 |
[29:19] | We’ll let you know as soon as we know more. | 我们一有消息就通知你 |
[29:21] | I didn’t travel thousands of light years | 我穿越几千光年过来 |
[29:23] | to let you go down there alone. | 可不是为了让你一个人下去的 |
[29:24] | Besides, it might actually hurt my feelings if I found out | 而且如果我发现你带我来只是因为我长得帅 |
[29:27] | you only brought me along for my charm and good looks. | 可能会伤害我的感情 |
[29:29] | Well, I’d never want to hurt your feelings. | 我永远不会伤害你的感情 |
[29:36] | The encampment where we lived isn’t far from here. | 我们住的营地离这儿不远 |
[29:38] | So, what are we looking for, exactly? | 我们到底在找什么 |
[29:40] | – A reason. – A reason? | -一个原因 -一个原因 |
[29:42] | A reason for the attack. | 袭击的原因 |
[29:43] | And what if there wasn’t one? | 如果没有原因呢 |
[29:44] | There’s always a reason. | 总是有原因的 |
[29:46] | Seemingly incomprehensible acts can often be understood | 凡事从相反的角度审视时 |
[29:48] | when examined from the opposite perspective. | 看似不可理解的行为往往就能被理解了 |
[29:51] | Or so I’ve been told. | 有人教过我这句话 |
[30:04] | – What is that? – I don’t know. | -那是什么 -不知道 |
[30:05] | But I know what it’s not. | 但我知道那不是什么 |
[30:07] | The C.I.S. hasn’t remotely closed their investigation. | 中情局根本没有结束调查 |
[30:10] | So either Professor Osborn was misinformed… | 所以要么奥斯本教授被误导了 |
[30:13] | Or was lying. | 要么他在撒谎 |
[30:20] | I’m going down there. Stay here. | 我要过去 待在这里 |
[30:23] | Yeah, we’re not letting you go alone. | 我们不会让你一个人去的 |
[30:24] | This I need to do myself. | 我得自己去 |
[30:39] | The Cronin? | 克罗宁 |
[30:40] | They’re a long way from home. | 他们离家很远啊 |
[30:42] | What do you make of that? | 你觉得呢 |
[30:43] | I do not know. | 我不知道 |
[30:45] | But Cronin rarely travel this far from their mother world | 但是克罗宁很少离开他们的母星这么远 |
[30:47] | unless they have a very good reason. | 除非他们有充分的理由 |
[30:49] | We need to go tell Jax. | 我们得去告诉杰克斯 |
[30:50] | Jax does not need or want our help. | 杰克斯不需要也不想要我们的帮助 |
[30:53] | We must be patient. | 我们得耐心点 |
[30:54] | I wouldn’t presume to understand Jax. | 你有这么了解杰克斯吗 |
[30:58] | And you do? | 你了解吗 |
[31:00] | Because you wish to be intimate with her. | 因为你想亲近她 |
[31:03] | I only want to help her find out what happened to her parents. | 我只想帮助她了解她父母的遭遇 |
[31:06] | Of course. | 当然 |
[31:08] | Clearly, I misread your motives. | 显然我误解了你的动机 |
[31:10] | You got me. | 被你发现了 |
[31:12] | Next time I hang out with her, | 下次我和她出去玩的时候 |
[31:13] | I’m taking her somewhere romantic, like Euphoria 7. | 我要带她去浪漫一点的地方 比如欢欣7号星 |
[31:17] | Ah, the pleasure planet. | 快乐星球 |
[31:18] | So you’ve heard of it then. | 看来你听过 |
[31:20] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[31:22] | We should have annihilated it during the war. | 我们应该在战争中消灭它的 |
[31:43] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你不应该来这里 |
[31:46] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[31:47] | I could ask you the same question. | 我也想问你同样的问题 |
[31:49] | – This was my home. – Not anymore. | -这是我的家 -现在不是了 |
[31:51] | Everything I know was stolen from me. | 我所知的一切都被偷走了 |
[31:53] | I deserve to know why. | 我有权利知道原因 |
[31:54] | Look, you could get in a lot of trouble. | 你可能会惹上大麻烦 |
[31:57] | I’ve had to call– | 我不得不 |
[32:02] | I’ve had to call in more than a few favors | 我不得不找些关系 |
[32:04] | to cover for the fact that you stole a ship. | 来掩盖你偷了一艘飞船 |
[32:07] | And even if you don’t care, think of your friends. | 哪怕你自己不在乎 想想你的朋友吧 |
[32:10] | You have to return to the Academy, now. | 你现在必须回学院 |
[32:12] | You never answered my question. | 你还没回答我的问题 |
[32:14] | What are you doing here, Xander? | 你来这里干什么 桑德尔 |
[32:16] | I’m here to keep you from getting expelled. | 我是来阻止你被开除的 |
[32:18] | Nice try. Try again. | 拉倒吧 换个理由 |
[32:22] | Well, you’re just going to have to trust me. | 你得相信我 |
[32:23] | – Why in the worlds would I? – I wish I had a reason, | -我为什么要相信你 -我也想告诉你原因 |
[32:26] | but sometimes you just have to have a little faith. | 但有时候你只能相信我 |
[32:28] | Well, I’m afraid that’s in short supply these days. | 最近恐怕很难啊 |
[32:37] | – This mean anything to you? – Should it? | -你认识这些吗 -我应该认识吗 |
[32:39] | They’re images recovered from your mother’s workstation | 它们是在挖掘现场从你母亲的工作站上 |
[32:41] | at the dig site. | 恢复的图像 |
[32:46] | “The obstacle is the path.” What does that mean? | “障碍就是通道” 这是什么意思 |
[32:50] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 你为什么这么看我 |
[32:53] | Are you absolutely sure that’s what it says? | 你确定这就是你说的意思吗 |
[32:54] | Aren’t you? | 你不确定吗 |
[32:56] | – How do you know? – I don’t know. | -你怎么能看懂的 -我不知道 |
[32:58] | I guess my mother must have said something. | 可能是我妈说过吧 |
[33:00] | We’ve had hundreds of xenolinguistic experts and cryptologists, | 我们有几百个外星语言专家和密码学家 |
[33:03] | and hundreds of thousands of hours on the datastream | 他们花了上千小时分析数据流 |
[33:06] | trying to decode that image, | 就为了破译这些图形 |
[33:07] | and none of them have been able to crack it. | 但没有一个人能做到 |
[33:09] | Are you absolutely sure that’s what it says? | 你能肯定这就是你说的意思吗 |
[33:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[33:14] | Your mother never showed you that. | 你母亲没给你看过这些图形 |
[33:15] | Of course she did. How else would I know what it says? | 当然看过 要不然我怎么能看得懂 |
[33:18] | No, she didn’t. Those were the images she was working on decoding | 她没有 她在破译这些图形的时候 |
[33:21] | when the colony was attacked and she was killed. | 殖民地遭受了袭击 她也因此身亡 |
[33:28] | What’s really going on here, Xander? | 这里到底是怎么回事 桑德尔 |
[33:32] | I can’t tell you. | 我不能告诉你 |
[33:34] | But I can tell you that what your parents discovered | 但我能说的是 你父母发现的东西 |
[33:36] | may well be a threat to our entire galaxy. | 可能威胁到了整个星系 |
[33:41] | I need to see what’s inside this cave. | 我要看看洞穴里有什么东西 |
[33:43] | No. You need to go. | 不行 你得走了 |
[33:44] | Not until I see it for myself. | 不亲眼看看我是不会走的 |
[33:59] | We’re detecting some sort of immense power. | 我们探测到某种巨大的能量 |
[34:03] | Energy signatures off the charts. | 能量信号已经爆表了 |
[34:22] | You’ve never been here before, I presume? | 你从来没来过这里吧 |
[34:24] | Can’t say that I have. | 确实没来过 |
[34:29] | There’s something else you should see. | 还有一些东西应该让你看看 |
[34:37] | Your parents never told you about any of this? | 你父母从来没跟你讲过这里的事吗 |
[34:41] | To be honest, I always found their work pretty dull. | 说实话 我一直觉得他们的工作很无聊 |
[34:43] | I guess I was wrong. | 可能我错了 |
[35:17] | What does it mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[35:18] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[35:21] | There’s something on the other side of that portal. | 传送门另一头有东西 |
[35:23] | – The obstacle is the path. – Stand by. | -障碍就是通道 -站着别动 |
[35:26] | I need further instructions from Earth before proceeding. | 进入前我得请求地球方面的指令 |
[35:28] | Good thing I don’t. | 还好我不用 |
[35:36] | One thing’s for sure, we’re not in Kansas anymore. | 有一件事可以确定 我们不在堪萨斯了 |
[35:40] | What? | 什么 |
[35:42] | Never mind. | 没事 |
[35:44] | Any idea where we are? | 你觉得我们在哪 |
[35:47] | I wish I knew. | 我要是知道就好了 |
[35:48] | Commander Duvall, | 杜瓦尔指挥官 |
[35:50] | are you there? | 在吗 |
[35:51] | Do you copy? | 收到了吗 |
[35:51] | We’re okay. | 我们没事 |
[35:54] | Hold your positions. Await further instructions. | 原地待命 |
[35:59] | It seems to have created some sort of stable wormhole, | 这里貌似在我们的过去和现实之间 |
[36:01] | between where we were and where we are. | 创造了某种稳定的虫洞 |
[36:05] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:06] | You tell me. You opened it. | 你说呢 这可是你打开的 |
[36:11] | Dr. Slavin? | 斯拉温博士 |
[36:13] | Dr. Slavin, report. | 斯拉温博士 请报告 |
[36:15] | Report! | 请报告 |
[36:19] | Something’s not right. We need to leave, now. | 有点不对劲 我们得走了 |
[36:21] | I’m staying. This may have something to do | 我不走 这里可能 |
[36:22] | with what happened to my parents. | 和我父母的遭遇有关 |
[36:23] | This time I’m not taking no for an answer. | 这次你必须听我的 |
[36:35] | Stay here. | 待在这 |
[37:08] | Jax! | 杰克斯 |
[37:18] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[37:21] | Is it dead? | 它死了吗 |
[37:23] | Just stunned. For now. | 只是暂时晕过去了 |
[37:44] | Not going to say anything, are you? | 你还是什么都不说 是吗 |
[37:46] | Of course not. | 想想也是 |
[37:46] | So how about I tell you who you are. | 那我来说说你是个什么样的人 |
[37:48] | You’re some sort of intergalactic secret agent | 你应该是个军情局的 |
[37:50] | working for military intelligence. | 星际特工 |
[37:53] | Not going to tell me if I’m getting warmer, colder– | 永远都不会告诉我什么 |
[37:55] | – If I could tell you… – You would. | -要是我能告诉你 -你会的 |
[37:57] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[37:59] | And what about my uncle? What does he have to do with this? | 那我叔叔呢 他跟这件事有什么关系 |
[38:03] | He sent my parents to New Portland, didn’t he? | 是他把我父母送到新波特兰 对吧 |
[38:08] | Did he know they would be attacked? | 他知道我父母会遭到袭击吗 |
[38:16] | What about my friends? What’ll happen to them? | 我的朋友呢 他们怎么办 |
[38:18] | I’ll accompany all of you back to the Academy on the Earhart. | 我会用埃尔哈特送你们回学院 |
[38:22] | We’ll chalk it up to some sort of hazing prank. | 对外声称你们是在搞恶作剧 |
[38:25] | There won’t be any disciplinary action. | 不会有任何处分 |
[38:29] | I like you, Xander. | 我喜欢你 桑德尔 |
[38:31] | Against my better judgment, I do. | 虽然理智告诉我不能这样 但我还是喜欢你 |
[38:34] | But you know I am never going to let this go. | 但你知道我不会让这件事就这么过去 |
[38:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:41] | The worst part is never getting to say goodbye. | 最糟糕的是无法跟他们道别 |
[38:45] | You never really appreciate your parents until they’re gone. | 父母不在了 子女才知道感激 |
[38:49] | And I think they knew how much I loved them. | 我想他们知道我有多爱他们 |
[38:51] | At least, I hope so. | 至少我希望如此 |
[38:54] | God, I miss them. | 天啊 我好想他们 |
[39:00] | Good night, Xander. | 晚安 桑德尔 |
[39:08] | Good night, Jax. | 晚安 杰克斯 |
[39:14] | Doctor, what do you have for me? | 博士 你要给我看什么 |
[39:17] | I completed my analysis of its DNA. | 我分析完它的基因了 |
[39:19] | Not only does it share the same nucleobases | 它不仅与所有已知的陆地生物 |
[39:21] | as all known terrestrial life, | 拥有相同的核碱基 |
[39:23] | its genome is practically identical to that of Homo sapiens. | 它的基因组几乎和智人相同 |
[39:27] | Or at least the part of the code actually endemic to our species. | 至少它拥有部分我们物种特有的基因代码 |
[39:30] | That said, some of what would normally be non-coding genes | 也就是说 一些人类通常的非编码基因 |
[39:33] | in humans appears to be active. | 在它的体内似乎也很活跃 |
[39:38] | And that’s its DNA there? | 这就是它的基因吗 |
[39:41] | Yes and no. | 是也不是 |
[39:42] | I don’t have time for games, doctor. | 我没时间玩文字游戏 博士 |
[39:44] | No game, Agent Duvall. | 不是游戏 杜瓦尔特工 |
[39:46] | It’s virtually the same DNA, | 基因基本相同 |
[39:48] | but it’s not from the specimen. | 但这不是从样本中提取的 |
[39:50] | It’s the DNA you took from the girl. | 这是你从那个女孩身上提取的 |
[39:53] | She has the same active sequences. | 她也有同样活跃的基因序列 |
[40:04] | Are you saying that she’s not human? | 你是说她不是人类 |
[40:08] | That’s exactly what I’m saying. | 没错 我就是这个意思 |
[40:59] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[41:05] | I accompanied the students home on the Earhart. | 我用埃尔哈特送那些学生回家了 |
[41:08] | The Tereshkova will leave New Portland in 36 hours | 捷列什科娃号会在36小时后离开新波特兰 |
[41:12] | and return the specimen to Earth. | 然后把样本交给地球 |
[41:14] | I received your preliminary report. | 我已经收到你的初步报告 |
[41:17] | I believe things may be worse than we initially feared. | 我感觉事情可能比我们最初担心得更糟 |
[41:22] | You’re wrong about her. | 你看错她了 |
[41:24] | I might very well be, | 我可能是看错了 |
[41:27] | but we can’t afford to take that chance, | 但我们承担不起这样的风险 |
[41:28] | or Pandora could be responsible for the death of every man, | 否则潘多拉会杀死地球上 |
[41:30] | woman and child in existence. | 所有的男人 女人和小孩 |
[41:32] | She’s your niece. Her name is Jax. | 她是你侄女 她叫杰克斯 |
[41:34] | Call her that. Don’t use her code name. | 叫她的名字 别用代号 |
[41:36] | I know you’re fond of the girl. | 我知道你喜欢她 |
[41:37] | But this Pandora is a lot like her mythical antecedent. | 但潘多拉很像她神话里的祖先 |
[41:41] | She was curious too. | 她也很好奇 |
[41:43] | And by the time she opened her box, | 若她打开了潘多拉之盒 |
[41:45] | it was too late to stop the demons she unleashed into the world. | 再想阻止她释放恶魔就为时已晚了 |
[41:50] | And I assure you, | 我跟你保证 |
[41:52] | this Pandora’s demons are very, very real. | 潘多拉恶魔可不是闹着玩的 |