时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | You need a date. | 你真的该去约会了 |
[00:01] | Jim Kazinsky– He was real cute. | 吉姆·卡辛斯基 他原来可是个大帅哥 |
[00:04] | – Really? – I’m setting it up. | -真的吗 -我来安排 |
[00:06] | – No condoms. – It’s okay. | -没有安全套 -没关系 |
[00:07] | Why does your dad have condoms in his desk drawer? | 你老爸抽屉里怎么会有盒安全套 |
[00:09] | Do you think he’s having an affair? | 他是不是有外遇了 |
[00:11] | Oh, my god, stop talking! | 上帝啊 别废话了 |
[00:13] | So you’re saying that you’ll have a baby with me | 你是说 你要在三年内和我 |
[00:15] | – in three years? – Yeah. | -生个孩子吗 -没错 |
[00:16] | – Who’s this? – That’s Jabbar. | -这是谁 -他是乔巴 |
[00:17] | He wanted to meet his dad. | 他想见见他的爸爸 |
[00:20] | – You must be Julia. – This is Racquel. | -你一定是茱莉亚了 -这是拉克尔 |
[00:21] | Hi. | 你好 |
[00:22] | – You are so amazing. – Oh. All righty. | -你真是太棒了 -好吧 |
[00:25] | Max’s behaviors are consistent | 麦克斯的行为 |
[00:27] | with an Asperger’s diagnosis. | 符合阿斯伯格综合症的症状 |
[00:29] | Oh, my god. | 我的天 |
[00:45] | Teacher, can you please turn the bubbles | 老师 你能让这些泡泡 |
[00:47] | down or something? | 别响了吗 |
[00:48] | Max, I need you to be quiet. | 麦克斯 保持安静 |
[01:03] | Max, I need you to return to your seat. | 麦克斯 请回到座位上去 |
[01:05] | Max, please go back and sit down… | 麦克斯 回去坐下 |
[01:09] | Ahoy | 该登船了 |
[01:11] | Careful. | 小心 |
[01:12] | Hey, there, captain. | 船长先生 你好 |
[01:13] | Welcome aboard. | 欢迎上船 |
[01:15] | – What do you got there? – Games. | -你带了什么 -游戏棋 |
[01:16] | Oh, games. I love games. | 游戏棋 我喜欢游戏棋 |
[01:18] | – Jump! Jump! Yeah. – Come on in. | -跳 跳下来 对了 -请进 |
[01:20] | – Okay. – Hello. | -好的 -你好 |
[01:22] | Why don’t you set those down over there, sweetie? | 亲爱的 把东西就放那吧 |
[01:25] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[01:26] | That’s his ejector seat, a flotation device or…? | 那是他的弹射座椅 漂浮装置或者 |
[01:30] | I can’t tell you how much I appreciate this, Crosby. | 克罗斯比 我真不知道该怎么谢你了 |
[01:32] | Hey, a whole day with Jabbar– what could be better? | 和乔巴玩一整天是我求之不得的 |
[01:34] | So you have my numbers if you need to call for anything. | 你有我号码 有事就联系我 |
[01:37] | Am I gna need to call? Is he gonna do something? | 需要打电话吗 还是他会出什么事 |
[01:38] | No, he’ll be fine. | 不 他会很好的 |
[01:39] | You know, things happen– just in case. | 就是 以防万一嘛 |
[01:41] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:42] | The audition’s in the city, so… | 市里有预选 所以 |
[01:43] | – Well, break a leg. – I might… | -祝你好运[直译摔断腿] -可能真的会 |
[01:46] | Seriously. | 说实话 |
[01:47] | It’s been a long time since I danced. | 我已经很久没跳舞了 |
[01:49] | Well, um, you’re a great dancer. | 你是个出色的舞者 |
[01:51] | – Thank you. – You’re limber, I think I remember. | -谢谢 -我记得你柔韧性很好 |
[01:54] | – And as long as you warm up… – Thanks? | -只要你做好准备活动 -谢了吧 |
[01:56] | You’re gonna be– | 你就会 |
[01:58] | – You’ll be fine. – Thanks for the advice. | -你就会很出色的 -谢谢你的建议 |
[02:00] | Oh, hey, um, when we play games, | 我们玩游戏的时候 |
[02:02] | I’m supposed to let him win, right? | 我是不是该让他赢 |
[02:03] | You might not have to let him. | 你不要故意让他 |
[02:05] | He cheats. Okay, thank you. | 偷偷让他 了解了 谢谢你 |
[02:06] | – He’s a genius. – Okay. | -他是个天才 -好吧 |
[02:07] | I’ll be on the lookout for it. | 我会时刻注意的 |
[02:09] | Can I have a kiss good-bye, please? | 我们来吻别 亲亲 |
[02:10] | – Bye. – Be good. | -再见 -要乖哦 |
[02:12] | Okay. | 我会的 |
[02:13] | Have fun. Dance hard or gracefully or whatever. | 过得愉快 努力跳 跳得优雅些 |
[02:17] | Have fun. | 好好玩 |
[02:21] | Well, can I get you something to drink? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[02:23] | – Mm-hmm. – Whiskey or beer? | -好 -威士忌还是啤酒 |
[02:26] | And holding tight to the board. | 握紧救生板 |
[02:28] | – And kick, kick, kick, kick. – Look, there’s mommy! | -然后蹬腿 蹬 -看 妈妈来了 |
[02:35] | They let you out of the dungeon. | 他们把你从地牢里放出来啦 |
[02:40] | Look at my big girl in a grown-up pool! | 我的宝贝女儿能在成人泳池游泳了 |
[02:42] | – Mommy, look. – That’s great, sweetie. | -妈妈 快看 -太棒了 宝贝儿 |
[02:45] | – Let me see some swimming. – Okay. | -游给我看看 -好的 |
[02:49] | What is she doing? | 她在干什么 |
[02:50] | She’s getting acclimated. | 她在熟悉水性 |
[02:51] | It’s all about feeling safe and confident in the water. | 这样有利于在水里会感到安全和自信 |
[02:54] | Right? | 对吗 |
[02:55] | Oh. She could do that in a bowl of soup | 她两岁就会在婴儿游泳池 |
[02:56] | – when she was two. – Just– | -做这个动作了 -只是 |
[02:59] | Julia, hi. | 茱莉亚 你好 |
[03:01] | Racquel, hi. | 拉克尔 你好 |
[03:03] | Mommy, look. Racquel has a tattoo. | 妈妈快看 拉克尔有个纹身 |
[03:06] | – See it? – We all see it. | -看见了吗 -我们都看见了 |
[03:07] | It means abundance. | 那个图案代表富足 |
[03:08] | I’m sure it does. | 我想也是 |
[03:10] | Hi. I have something for you. | 你好 我有个东西要给你 |
[03:12] | Joel told me about your nephew Max | 乔尔跟我说了你侄子麦克斯的事 |
[03:15] | – and his condition. – He did? | -以及他的处境 -是吗 |
[03:17] | So I got this in Tibet last summer, | 这是我去年夏天去西藏带回来的 |
[03:19] | and will you please give it to your brother for me? | 你能把这个交给你哥哥吗 |
[03:21] | For comfort and good luck. | 能带来静逸和好运 |
[03:25] | Wow. Thank you. | 真棒 谢谢你 |
[03:27] | Okay. | 不客气 |
[03:29] | That’s really sweet. | 真是太贴心了 |
[03:38] | – Yep? – Adam, it’s your son’s school on the line? | -喂 -亚当 你儿子学校的电话 |
[03:41] | They say it’s an emergency. | 说是有紧急情况 |
[03:45] | Adam Braverman. | 我是亚当·布雷弗曼 |
[03:49] | – Were they able to save any? – No. | -还有活下来的吗 -没有 |
[03:53] | So that’s it, then. We’re out of here. | 只能这样了 我们要被开除了 |
[03:56] | Probably. | 没错 |
[04:00] | I was gonna make fish for dinner too. | 我本来晚上还想烧鱼的 |
[04:04] | Hey, I’m so happy you came in. | 我很高兴你能来 |
[04:06] | Thanks. I’m so happy to see you. | 谢谢 见到你我也很开心 |
[04:07] | – I just wanted to say hi-hi. – Yeah, I know. | -我就想来跟你打个招呼 -我知道 |
[04:09] | I left you a couple messages, uh, at your house… | 我给你留了些字条 在你家 |
[04:11] | – I know. I’m sorry. – At home. | -我知道 很抱歉 -在家 |
[04:12] | No, no, it’s, like, you’re busy– | 不不 你看上去很忙 |
[04:14] | Half-caff soy latte, extra large. | 低卡豆奶拿铁 大杯的 |
[04:16] | I gave you an extra shot of hazelnut– | 我还给你多加了些榛子 |
[04:18] | My personal favorite. | 我最喜欢的口味 |
[04:19] | Thank you. I-I didn’t order anything. | 谢谢 可我没点东西啊 |
[04:21] | Oh, it’s our pleasure. | 我们愿意请你 |
[04:23] | Hmm. Enjoy. | 好好享受 |
[04:26] | That’s Stacy, | 她是斯泰茜 |
[04:28] | And that’s Bob, Alex, and Troy. | 那是鲍伯 阿莱克斯和特洛伊 |
[04:31] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[04:34] | Oh, thanks. | 太感谢了 |
[04:35] | One of the perks of, uh, working at a coffee shop. | 在咖啡店工作的一项特权 |
[04:37] | – Perk–I get it. – Perks… | -特殊福利 明白了 -福利 |
[04:39] | Free coffee. | 就是免费咖啡 |
[04:40] | Um, I really had fun the other night. | 那晚我真的很开心 |
[04:44] | And, uh, it was really fun to, you know… | 你知道吗 真的很有趣 |
[04:47] | You know. | 你明白的 |
[04:49] | I did too, and I’m so glad you said that, ’cause, you know– | 我也是 很高兴听你这么说 因为 |
[04:52] | It was nice. It was nice. | 那很棒 很好 |
[04:53] | You’re so nice. | 你真是个好人 |
[04:58] | Nice. Yeah. | 好人吗 当然 |
[05:01] | You know, the timing right now is not great. | 只是现在还不是时候 |
[05:04] | – Really, it’s… – Is that it? | -真的 -就这些吗 |
[05:06] | I just got here. I’m living in a room | 我刚到这 和我女儿挤在 |
[05:08] | in my parents’ house with my daughter. | 我父母那里的一间小屋里 |
[05:10] | You know, I don’t have a job. I-I mean… | 我连工作都没有 我想说 |
[05:13] | I got it. It’s not me, it’s you. | 我明白了 不是我的问题 |
[05:15] | Exactly. It’s not you, it’s me. | 没错 是我的问题 |
[05:27] | No, no. Uh-uh, no, no. | 不要 不是吧 |
[05:31] | No, no, not today, baby, not today. | 别在这种时侯耍我啊 |
[05:33] | Come on, let’so. Let’s go. | 快发动 快发动 |
[05:35] | This is not funny. Please… | 别开玩笑啊 配合下 |
[05:45] | No! No! Ahh! | 不是吧 |
[05:53] | You’ll never believe what– | 你们绝不会相信的 |
[05:59] | Can I borrow a phone? I’m so sorry. | 抱歉 我能借用下电话吗 |
[06:02] | You know what? Never mind. Never– | 还是算了 |
[06:04] | I’ll find a– | 我能找到 |
[06:06] | Thanks for the co–coffee. | 谢谢你们的咖啡 |
[07:14] | Whoa, what happened here? | 出什么事了 |
[07:16] | Uh, angry baristas, bad starter motor. | 愤怒的咖啡厅员工 抛锚的发动机 |
[07:19] | Oh, no, no, you got a blown head gasket. | 不对 应该是汽缸床坏了 |
[07:22] | Look at all the coolant here. | 冷却液都出来了 |
[07:23] | No, that’s old, dad. I fixed that eight months ago. | 那是旧故障 我八个月前修好了 |
[07:25] | You pulled the head and replaced the gasket yourself? | 你一个人更换的汽缸垫片吗 |
[07:28] | You know who taught me. | 你知道是谁教我的 |
[07:29] | That is my girl! I tell you what– | 这才是我的女儿 |
[07:31] | Why don’t you and I work on this puppy together? | 我们一起把这个可怜的家伙修好吧 |
[07:33] | It’d be just like old times. | 像以前那样 |
[07:35] | – Dad, I think it’s a goner. – God, again? | -爸爸 这东西没救了 -又坏了 |
[07:37] | Oh, no honey. You know what? | 亲爱的 没事的 |
[07:38] | Grandpa and I are gonna fix it. | 外公和我能修好它 |
[07:41] | I guess I should get used to taking the bus. | 看来我要开始坐公交了 |
[07:44] | Hey, excuse me. | 等下 |
[07:46] | Sorry, I-I couldn’t hear that. You mumbled. | 抱歉 我没听清你嘟囔什么了 |
[07:48] | What was with that little smirk? | 你那样假笑是什么意思 |
[07:50] | We won! We won! | 我们赢了 我们赢了 |
[07:52] | We’re going to the final, we’re going to the final. | 我们进决赛了 我们进决赛了 |
[07:54] | Wow, that’s great. That’s fantastic. | 太好了 太棒了 |
[07:56] | That is awesome. | 棒极了 |
[07:58] | Honey, I’m sorry that we didn’t make it. | 亲爱的 我们没能去看比赛很抱歉 |
[08:00] | – We just–there was some. – When’s the big game? | -我们有点 -什么时候决赛 |
[08:02] | That’s okay. | 没关系 |
[08:05] | Why are you guys being weird? | 你们怎么怪怪的 |
[08:07] | – Uh, we’re not. – We’re not being weird. | -没有啊 -我们很正常 |
[08:08] | When’s–when’s the big game? | 决赛是什么时候 |
[08:10] | What’s the, uh–what’s the exact date of the finals? | 决赛的日期是哪天 |
[08:12] | Max, what’s wrong? | 出什么事了麦克斯 |
[08:15] | I got kicked out of school. | 我被学校开除了 |
[08:22] | You know what, big guy? That’s their loss. | 那是他们的损失 |
[08:25] | That school sucked. | 那学校太烂了 |
[08:31] | I won… again. | 我又赢了 |
[08:34] | All right, you clocked me fair and square. | 好吧 你用实力打败了我 |
[08:36] | One more. | 再来 |
[08:37] | There’s only so much defeat a man can take. | 别再打击我了 |
[08:39] | I can play even easier. | 我可以让你 |
[08:41] | Oh, really? | 真的吗 |
[08:42] | Is there anything else you want to do? | 你还有别的想做的事情吗 |
[08:43] | Not really, no. | 没有 |
[08:46] | Well, okay, we’ve got a solid six or seven hours | 妈妈要六七个小时后 |
[08:50] | before mom’s back. | 才能回来 |
[08:53] | ESPN, anyone? | 想看球赛吗 |
[08:55] | I don’t really watch sports. | 我不喜欢看体育节目 |
[08:58] | We can watch more SpongeBob! | 我们可以看海绵宝宝 |
[09:01] | Ooh, well, let’s not be hasty. | 别太着急 |
[09:02] | I would hate to see you O.D. on Bob. | 我可不希望你看电视上瘾 |
[09:05] | Maybe we could, | 或许我们可以 |
[09:07] | let’s go for a car ride. | 开车去兜风怎么样 |
[09:09] | That’s what my dad used to do. You like car rides? | 我父亲经常这么做 喜欢兜风吗 |
[09:11] | Can I take the board? | 我能开吗 |
[09:12] | Oh, could you? | 你会吗 |
[09:13] | Okay, well, what if I don’t want you to do that for me, huh? | 如果我说不能会怎样呢 |
[09:17] | So was this a fish bowl or an actual– | 是小鱼盆还是 |
[09:20] | It was a tank. | 是大鱼缸 |
[09:22] | – Tank. – Pretty sizeable tank. | -鱼缸 -大的那种鱼缸 |
[09:25] | Were there any…? | 还有没有什么 |
[09:26] | Survivors? No. | 幸存的鱼吗 没了 |
[09:29] | Well, Sullivan’s recommending you change Max’s placement. | 苏利文的建议是让麦克斯换个环境 |
[09:31] | If that means that they kicked him out of the school, | 如果换环境指得是开除的话 |
[09:34] | then, yes. | 就是这意思 |
[09:35] | We’ve looked into a few schools. | 我们也查过一些学校 |
[09:36] | The one that everybody keeps telling us about | 每个人都推荐我们去 |
[09:38] | is Footpath elementary. | 福特帕斯小学 |
[09:39] | Footpath, yeah. | 福特帕斯 就是那个 |
[09:40] | Yeah, that would be best, | 没错 那是个很好的选择 |
[09:42] | and it would be a good fit for Max. | 也很适合麦克斯就读 |
[09:44] | However, it is very hard to get into. | 但是入学名额很紧张 |
[09:47] | – It is quite expensive. – How expensive? | -学费也很贵 -有多贵 |
[09:49] | You know how much private school costs– | 你知道私立学校的学费吧 |
[09:51] | – Double that. – Doesn’t matter, okay | -是那个的两倍 -没问题的 |
[09:54] | Okay. Well, you would need to | 你们得联系一下主管招生的 |
[09:56] | contact Dr. Robertson in admissions. | 罗伯逊医生 |
[09:58] | – We have called her. – Several times. | -我们打过电话了 -很多次 |
[09:59] | Radio silence. | 没有回应 |
[10:00] | I’m sure that she’ll get back to you within the week. | 我敢肯定 她这周会给你们回话的 |
[10:02] | Look, Dr. Pelican, | 帕利甘医生 |
[10:03] | my son Max doesn’t have a school to go to. | 没有学校要麦克斯 |
[10:05] | What am I supposed to tell him? | 我该怎么跟他解释 |
[10:07] | You know, what if you called her on our behalf? | 你能不能帮我们给她打个电话 |
[10:10] | Please. Look, don’t make us | 拜托了 要不然我们 |
[10:13] | come and sit in your waiting room on a daily basis. | 每天都会来这里求你帮忙的 |
[10:14] | Cause we’ll do it. We will. | 我们会这么做的 |
[10:21] | Can you take me home now? | 我现在能回家吗 |
[10:23] | – Huh? – Can you take me home now? | -什么 -我能回家吗 |
[10:26] | Are you kidding, buddy? | 你在开玩笑吧 老弟 |
[10:27] | We got two and a half hours of bonding time left. | 我们还要一起待两个半小时 |
[10:31] | What do you think of these streets? | 你觉得这些街道怎么样 |
[10:32] | They’re like roller coasters, right? | 就像云霄飞车的轨道 对吧 |
[10:36] | Are you all right, buddy? | 你还好吧 老弟 |
[10:37] | Now I remember why my mom says | 我刚记起来为什么妈妈总说 |
[10:39] | that I can’t eat chocolate. | 我不能吃巧克力 |
[10:41] | I’m intolerant. | 我没法代谢 |
[10:43] | You’re what? | 你什么 |
[10:49] | Lactose. | 乳糖不耐 |
[10:52] | Yeah, yep. I see that. | 好吧 我看到了 |
[10:55] | Aw, come on. | 拜托 |
[11:06] | – Question. – Yes, counselor? | -我有个问题 -说吧 顾问 |
[11:08] | Are we a little concerned that Sydney has had | 西德尼已经上了五次游泳课 |
[11:10] | five swim lessons now– | 却只会在水下吐泡泡 |
[11:11] | All she can do is the blub blub blub… | 我们是否该担心一下呢 |
[11:13] | Uh, we are not concerned. | 我们不用担心 |
[11:15] | I know you were on the swim team, | 我知道你曾经是游泳队的 |
[11:16] | and you were really, really good. | 而且你游的非常好 |
[11:18] | I was not just really, really good. | 我可不只是游的非常好 |
[11:20] | I was All-CIF. | 我是CIF冠军[社区赛总冠军] |
[11:21] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[11:24] | Mommy, come see. | 妈妈 快过来看 |
[11:25] | God, Bravermans are so cocky. | 天 布雷弗曼家族的人可真自大 |
[11:30] | Mommy, look. | 妈妈 看着我 |
[11:35] | I’m swimming. | 我在游泳 |
[11:36] | That’s not swimming, baby. | 那不算游泳 宝贝儿 |
[11:37] | Don’t let anybody tell you that that’s swimming. | 如果别人告诉你这就是游泳 别信他们 |
[11:40] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[11:41] | Just like Racquel’s. | 就像拉克尔的一样 |
[11:44] | It means abundance. | 意思是富足 |
[11:46] | I know what it means. | 我知道是什么意思 |
[11:48] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[11:51] | Swim time’s over. | 游泳时间结束 |
[11:56] | You’ve dealt with kid puke before, right? | 你以前处理过小朋友呕吐的情况吧 |
[12:02] | – I don’t know how you do it, man. – Do what? | -我不知道你是怎么做到的 -做什么 |
[12:05] | This kid thing– it’s stressing me out. | 处理小孩的事情 我快被弄疯了 |
[12:07] | Come on, man, you had Jabbar for what, half a day? | 得了吧 你才和乔巴待了半天而已 |
[12:09] | You know, whatever. You had a little warm-up. | 不管怎么说 你至少做过预备运动 |
[12:12] | You know, you got to see your bun bake in the oven. | 看着你的小孩一点点长大 |
[12:15] | My kid came out talking and walking– | 我的小孩一出现就会说话会走路了 |
[12:17] | A three-foot-tall little candyland master. | 像个三英尺高的糖果乐园园长 |
[12:20] | Well, give it time. | 慢慢来吧 |
[12:22] | That’s easy for you to say. | 你说得容易 |
[12:26] | You know what, Crosby? | 你知道吗 克罗斯比 |
[12:27] | However hard you think it is having a kid, | 无论你觉得养小孩有多困难 |
[12:29] | just double it. | 实际都要困难得多 |
[12:32] | Yeah, well, he’s coming over again, and I have to work. | 但他还要经常来我这儿 我还得工作 |
[12:34] | What, am I supposed to bring him to the studio? | 难道让我把带他去录音室吗 |
[12:37] | – I can’t handle this. – You want us to watch him? | -我应付不了的 -你想让我们帮忙吗 |
[12:39] | Seriously? | 当真吗 |
[12:40] | No, jackass, he’s your son. | 当然不是 傻瓜 他是你儿子 |
[12:42] | Grow a pair. Deal with it. | 成熟点吧 自己处理 |
[12:44] | Uh, I wasn’t gonna take you up on it anyways. | 反正我也没指望你会帮忙 |
[12:46] | Oh, okay. | 那就好 |
[12:51] | What makes all this worth it? | 为什么要为孩子付出那么多呢 |
[12:58] | What makes it worth it is the connection. | 因为你们之间的血缘关系 |
[13:03] | It’s the bond you feel. | 是一种内在的联系 |
[13:06] | They’re yours, you know, and… You’re part of them. | 他们是属于你的 你是他们生命的一部分 |
[13:15] | Well, what if I don’t feel a connection, | 要是我感觉不到这种联系怎么办 |
[13:18] | you know, any–any more than you’d feel to any kid? | 如果对他的感觉和对其他孩子一样呢 |
[13:21] | You will. | 你会感觉到的 |
[13:32] | I think it’s better. | 我觉得好点儿了 |
[13:34] | Oh, man! Ugh! | 天哪 |
[13:37] | Not even close, my friend. I’ll see you inside. | 还差的远 兄弟 我先回屋了 |
[13:40] | What, are you just leaving me here? | 你留我一人在这儿吗 |
[13:41] | – Yep. Good night. – Hey, we’re not done here. | -是的 晚安 -我们还没处理完啊 |
[14:26] | Honey. | 宝贝儿 |
[14:28] | Honey! | 宝贝儿 |
[14:30] | Watch it! | 小心点儿 |
[14:33] | I’m trying to sleep here. What’s wrong with you? | 我刚要睡着 你怎么回事啊 |
[14:35] | – I’m so tired. – Come on, give me a break. | -我太累了 -拜托 饶了我吧 |
[14:37] | Give me a break. | 让我休息一下吧 |
[14:38] | Give me one little break so that I can get some sleep. | 饶了我吧 让我睡觉吧 |
[14:42] | Can you just move over a little bit? | 你能往那边挪一点吗 |
[14:43] | I can’t do this. I need my space! | 我没法再挪了 没地方了 |
[14:45] | I can’t do it anymore either! | 我也没法再挪了 |
[14:47] | Can you please remind me why little, | 请你告诉我为什么小德鲁 |
[14:48] | tiny Drew gets his own room? | 能有自己的房间 |
[14:49] | Drew’s a boy. Do you want to share a room with Drew? | 德鲁是男生 你想和他睡一间吗 |
[14:52] | Not really, but, you know, i’m not really loving this either. | 是不想 但我也不想像现在这样 |
[14:54] | – No offense. – I’m not loving it either. | -无意冒犯 -我也不想这样 |
[14:56] | Whatever. Tomorrow I’m asking grandpa if I can– | 随便吧 明天我问问姥爷能不能 |
[14:58] | – You’re not asking grandpa. – Why? Why not? | -你不准去问姥爷 -为什么不能 |
[15:00] | He doesn’t need it back there. He’s retired. | 他不需要那间房了 他已经退休了 |
[15:02] | – Oh, god, I’m so tired. – What’s wrong with you, mom? | -天哪 我太累了 -怎么了 妈妈 |
[15:03] | Nothing is wrong with me. | 我没事 |
[15:04] | Why are you being such a weenie about this? | 你为什么这么懦弱 |
[15:06] | That’s his private space. I’m not being a weenie. | 那是姥爷的私人空间 我没有懦弱 |
[15:07] | Every time I bring up grandpa, | 每次我一提到姥爷 |
[15:09] | you get all, like, weenie, and you’re usually so ballsy. | 你就变得那么胆小 平时你都很大胆的 |
[15:10] | What’s going on? | 到底怎么了 |
[15:12] | That’s mean. | 你太刻薄了 |
[15:15] | That’s not true. | 那不是真的 |
[15:22] | Got a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[15:23] | For my little sister, I do, yeah. | 陪我妹妹吗 当然 |
[15:25] | Great. You want to go to Berkeley Coffee? | 太好了 你想去伯克利咖啡店吗 |
[15:27] | They love me over there. | 我在那里很受欢迎 |
[15:28] | Ever since I hooked Jim up with Sarah, | 自从帮吉姆和莎拉做媒之后 |
[15:29] | it’s like, free biscotti | 他们就会送我免费脆饼 |
[15:30] | and an immensimo when I only order a minimo. | 而且每当我点小份点心时 |
[15:32] | Uh-huh, it looks like maybe you’ve had a few too many. | 你总觉得小份有点过于多了对吗 |
[15:34] | I would love to go. | 我很愿意去 |
[15:35] | But I have to get out of here early today. | 但今天我得尽早收工 |
[15:38] | So is it okay if we just talk while I answer some emails, | 我能一边回邮件一边和你聊天吗 |
[15:41] | and I kind of half-listen to you? | 有点三心二意那样可以吗 |
[15:42] | – Yeah, that’ll work. – Okay. | -没问题 -好的 |
[15:43] | Okay, so… | 好吧 那么 |
[15:45] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[15:46] | Joel has Sydney in this Zen swimming class, | 乔尔让西德尼参加了个禅宗游泳班 |
[15:49] | which is basically a joke. | 其实很可笑 |
[15:50] | And then there’s Racquel, which is just– | 然后拉克尔也在那里 |
[15:51] | Wait, Racquel the hot one? | 等等 很性感的那个拉克尔吗 |
[15:53] | Is she hot? I hadn’t noticed. | 她性感吗 我没注意 |
[15:55] | Do you remember what a great swimmer I was? | 你还记得我当年游泳有多厉害吗 |
[15:57] | Yeah, you were All-CIF. | 是啊 你是CIF冠军 |
[15:58] | I was. Thank you! Gosh, that– | 没错 谢谢 天哪 |
[15:59] | That means a lot to me that you remember that. | 你居然还记得这些 |
[16:01] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[16:02] | Okay, anyway, I don’t get a say | 好吧 我居然没法决定 |
[16:04] | in how my daughter’s learning how to swim. | 该如何让我的女儿学游泳 |
[16:05] | Me, all-C.I.F…. | 我 CIF冠军 |
[16:07] | – Cause you have to work. – Because I have to work. | -因为你得去工作 -没错 我不得不去工作 |
[16:09] | Julia, listen to me. You don’t have to choose | 茱莉亚 听我说 你没有必要在工作 |
[16:10] | between being a mom and having to work. | 和孩子之间做如此纠结的选择 |
[16:13] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -明白吗 -明白 |
[16:14] | You may not be there all the time, | 你没必要时刻寸步不离 |
[16:15] | but the time that you do have, you can make it count. | 但要珍惜在她身边的每一刻 |
[16:17] | She’s your daughter. | 毕竟她是你的女儿 |
[16:18] | Teach her how to swim. | 教她如何游泳 |
[16:20] | She’ll remember that for the rest of her life. | 这段温馨记忆会伴她终生 |
[16:24] | – You’re absolutely right. – Well… | -你说的太对了 -当然 |
[16:25] | You’re the best. | 你真是太棒了 |
[16:30] | – I’ll see you later. – Okay, bye. | -回头见 -好的 再见 |
[16:31] | – No, sorry, wait. – What? | -对了 等一下 -怎么了 |
[16:33] | I have something for you. It’s from Racquel. | 有个东西给你 是拉克尔送的 |
[16:35] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -是这个 |
[16:36] | – It’s a tibetan prayer stone. – Well, that’s–that’s weird. | -是一块西藏祈祷石 -那一定很神秘 |
[16:40] | – For comfort and good luck… – Okay. | -能带来静逸和好运 -好的 |
[16:42] | With Max. | 送给麦克斯 |
[16:43] | Right. Okay, well, uh… | 真不错 好吧 |
[16:46] | Thank her for me. | 替我谢谢她 |
[16:48] | – Yeah, if I must. – All right. | -会的 如果必须的话 -好了 |
[16:49] | – Teach that girl how to swim. – Yes! | -记得教孩子游泳 -必须的 |
[16:51] | Who’s a better teacher than you? | 没人比你更适合当老师 |
[16:52] | – No one. – No one. | -没有 -对 没有 |
[16:55] | See ya. | 回头见 |
[17:07] | God. | 天哪 |
[17:16] | What are you doing back here? | 你在这里搞什么 |
[17:17] | Nothing. I just– | 没什么 我只是 |
[17:18] | I was just taking a minute. | 我只是在这里闲逛 |
[17:22] | Everything okay? | 你还好吧 |
[17:24] | Yeah. I’ll see you in there. | 很好 一会儿见 |
[17:27] | Oh, guess who called. | 对了 猜猜谁来电话了 |
[17:30] | Jim Kazinski. | 吉姆·卡辛斯基 |
[17:32] | I forgot how funny he is. | 我都忘记了他是那么搞笑 |
[17:33] | Do you remember his uncle the one | 你还记得他叔叔 |
[17:35] | who married the transsexual? | 娶了个变性人吗 |
[17:36] | They’re still together. Do you believe it? | 他们竟然还在一起 难以置信吧 |
[17:38] | I mean, talk about bucking the odds. | 我是说 那真是场灾难 |
[17:41] | How long did you talk to him for? | 你和他聊了多久 |
[17:42] | – A while. – Why? | -有一会儿吧 -为什么 |
[17:44] | Because he called. | 因为是他打来的 |
[17:46] | For me. He called for me. | 是找我的 他打来电话是找我的 |
[17:47] | And we just broke up. You know we just broke up. | 因为我们刚刚分手 你知道的 |
[17:49] | I mean, can’t you just say, | 我的意思是 你就不能说 |
[17:51] | “She’s not here, I’ll take a message, she’ll call you back”? | “她现在不在 我会告诉她的” 吗 |
[17:54] | Excuse me. I’m not gonna be rude to him. | 抱歉 我不想对他那么粗鲁 |
[17:56] | You talk about his transsexual relatives for half an hour. | 你和他聊变性的话题聊了一个半钟头 |
[17:59] | I like him. I’ve always liked Jim. | 我喜欢他 我一直喜欢吉姆 |
[18:01] | I know. If only I had married Jim | 我知道 如果我当初嫁给吉姆 |
[18:02] | instead of that musician, | 而不是那个音乐家的话 |
[18:04] | – how differently my life… – I never said that. | -我的生活将截然不同 -我从未说过这个 |
[18:05] | Would’ve turned out. You didn’t have to say it. | 你根本不用说 这不是明摆着吗 |
[18:07] | – Don’t be so oversensitive! – Don’t– | -不要过分敏感 -你不要 |
[18:13] | Well, listen, um… | 好的 听着 |
[18:16] | Your dad and I want you to let us buy you a new car. | 你父亲和我想给你买辆新车 |
[18:20] | – No. – Well, not a new car, | -不用 -好吧 并不是新车 |
[18:22] | of course, but a used car. | 一辆二手车而已 |
[18:23] | – No. – But one with a warranty. | -那也不要 -至少是辆有保修的车 |
[18:25] | Not a junkyard car. Come on, you’re long overdue. | 不是垃圾场的货色 你早就该换车了 |
[18:27] | Mom, isn’t it bad enough…? | 妈妈 情况还不够糟吗 |
[18:32] | I’m living at home. You’re feeding me. | 我住在家里 你们照顾我 |
[18:35] | You’re feeding my kids. | 还要照顾我的孩子 |
[18:37] | You may not buy me a car. | 你们不能再给我买车了 |
[18:41] | Okay, fine. | 那好吧 |
[18:48] | This place is a lot bigger than I thought it was. | 这里比我想象中要大的多 |
[18:50] | It’s huge. | 真是够大的 |
[18:51] | Chipped paint over there on the wall, huh? | 那边墙上有些掉漆了 |
[18:53] | Yeah, I don’t see what all the hoopla’s about. | 是呀 我看并没有宣传得那么好 |
[18:56] | I mean, it’s kind of dirty. | 我是指 环境有些脏乱 |
[19:01] | Honey? | 亲爱的 |
[19:25] | Look, it would be tough to afford this place anyway. | 这里的学费不是普通人能负担得起的 |
[19:29] | I know. | 我知道 |
[19:30] | When we were reading about the kids in your program, | 我们在读你们的课程介绍时 |
[19:32] | they seemed so much like max, it was incredible. | 发现他们都很像麦克斯 太惊人了 |
[19:35] | And then we just saw this boy | 然后我们刚刚还在 |
[19:36] | down the hall in a classroom. | 下面的教室里 |
[19:38] | He was dressed up like a sailor, | 看到一个男孩穿得像个水手 |
[19:39] | Which is just like Max with his pirate costume. | 正如麦克斯穿得像个海盗一样 |
[19:41] | That’s Kellen, Kellen James. He’s a good kid. | 那是科伦 科伦·詹姆斯 他是个好孩子 |
[19:43] | – He is really cute. – Yeah, he’s good. | -他真的很可爱 -是的 他很乖 |
[19:45] | I understand your enthusiasm. | 我很理解你们的心情 |
[19:48] | However, we’ve already taken in one new child | 然而我们三年级的班 |
[19:49] | for the third-grade class. | 已经新收了一个孩子 |
[19:51] | But you took–you took a look at Max’s file, | 但是请你 请你看过麦克斯的档案了 |
[19:53] | – and you spoke with dr. Pelican? – Yes, I did. | -帕利甘医生也和你谈过了 -是的 谈过了 |
[19:54] | So you understand what we’re dealing with here. | 那么你应该知道我们来这里的目的 |
[19:57] | Our son Max is somewhere in between. | 我们的儿子麦克斯现在处境艰难 |
[19:58] | He’s too high-functioning for a special-needs program, | 他患有高功能自闭症需要特殊照顾 |
[20:01] | – But he doesn’t really– – He has real trouble | -但是他并非 -他现在确实无法 |
[20:03] | fitting into a mainstream school. | 适应普通学校的课程 |
[20:05] | He needs some help. | 他需要帮助 |
[20:06] | So what do you–what do you do with a child like that? | 所以求你们想想办法 |
[20:08] | We bring him to a school like ours…in September. | 我们可以把他送去另一所学校 九月份时 |
[20:11] | I’m sorry, are you saying that you won’t even see him? | 不好意思 你是说你连见见他都不愿意吗 |
[20:13] | We just feel like if you spend some time with him, | 我们真心希望你能抽些时间见见他 |
[20:15] | And you– you sat down with him, | 可以 可以和他坐下聊聊 |
[20:17] | you would see what we do as parents. | 你就会理解我们作为父母的处境了 |
[20:19] | I mean, he’s– the kid’s incredible. | 我是说 他确实很与众不同 |
[20:20] | If you just meet him… | 只要你能见见他 |
[20:21] | See, I don’t want to give you a false sense of hope, | 是这样 我不想给二位有希望的错觉 |
[20:23] | Because it’s really, really very unlikely– | 因为这希望是真的 真的 很渺茫 |
[20:25] | Listen, he is a fantastic kid, dr. Robertson. | 听着 他确实是个好孩子 罗伯逊医生 |
[20:27] | I’m not just saying that cause he’s my son. | 我没这样说只是因为他是我儿子 |
[20:29] | He’s great. He’s funny. He’s bright. | 他很棒 很可爱 很聪明 |
[20:32] | He says the oddest, most hilarious things | 他经常会说一些我闻所未闻的 |
[20:34] | I’ve ever heard in my entire life. | 并且让人捧腹大笑的事情 |
[20:36] | Plays the harmonica in a weirdly good way. | 而且会用有点古怪的方式吹口琴 |
[20:38] | He does. And he plays chess. | 没错 他还下象棋 |
[20:39] | He doesn’t really play chess so much, | 他并非真的在下象棋 |
[20:40] | but he makes up stories with the little pieces on the board, | 而是用棋子演绎情景故事 |
[20:42] | like, “I’m gonna kick– I’m gonna attack you.” | 好像这样 “我要踢你 我要攻击你” 之类的 |
[20:43] | You know, we–we just want you to meet him. | 我们 我们只是想让你见见他 |
[20:46] | Just 15 minutes of your time, that’s all–just meet him. | 仅仅占用你15分钟 只是见见而已 |
[20:48] | That’s it. And if you say no, | 就是这样 即便最后你依然拒绝 |
[20:50] | Then at least you’ll have made an informed decision. | 至少那是个公正的决定 |
[20:52] | – Just meet him. – Please. Five minutes. | -只是见见他而已 -求你了 就5分钟 |
[20:56] | I’m not gonna promise anything, all right? | 我不会承诺你们任何事 清楚吗 |
[20:58] | But you’re gonna meet him? That’s all we ask. | 但是你可以见他 对吧 这就足够了 |
[21:00] | – I’m gonna meet him. – Thank you. | -我可以见见他 -谢谢 |
[21:01] | – Okay, I’m gonna meet him. – She’s gonna meet him. | -好了 我会见他的 -她终于想见他了 |
[21:03] | – Thank you. – Thank you so much. | -谢谢你 -真是太谢谢你了 |
[21:05] | – Thank you. – I have to get some work done. | -谢谢你 -我还有点工作要做 |
[21:07] | Thank you. You look a little bit like Oprah. | 谢谢你 你看上去有点像欧普拉了 |
[21:09] | Good afternoon. Bye. Be careful. | 午安 再见 保重 |
[21:11] | – You take care. – Take care. | -保重 -保重 |
[21:13] | – Should I leave it open? – Please do. | -要我把门开着吗 -请开着吧 |
[22:02] | – Mommy! – Hi, sweetie. | -妈妈 -小甜心 |
[22:04] | You’re like a fish. | 你真像条鱼 |
[22:06] | You want me to teach you how to swim like a fish? | 想让我教你怎么像鱼一样游泳吗 |
[22:08] | Yeah. | 当然了 |
[22:10] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[22:11] | – Nice entrance. – Thanks. | -入水姿势很漂亮 -谢谢 |
[22:14] | You know how grandpa Zeek taught me to swim? | 你知道奇克爷爷是怎么教我游泳的吗 |
[22:16] | He dropped me in the deep end of the pool when I was two. | 我两岁时他就把我丢进深水池里 |
[22:21] | I’m gonna ask you to trust me okay? | 我会保护你的 好吗 |
[22:25] | All right, swim to me. | 好吧 游过来 |
[22:28] | I don’t know how to swim. | 可是我不会游 |
[22:31] | I saw you kicking. | 我见过你蹬水的样子 |
[22:32] | That’s all you need to know how to do, okay? | 那就是你所要做的的一切 好吗 |
[22:34] | – I’m scared. – Just kick off, let go, | -我害怕 -只要蹬一下岸边 |
[22:37] | and come here. | 然后游过来而已 |
[22:39] | – I’m right here. – I can’t. | -我就在这 -我做不到 |
[22:41] | Yeah, you can, babe. | 你能做到的 宝贝 |
[22:42] | – We know you can. Come on. – We’re right here. | -我们知道你可以的 -我们就在这 |
[22:44] | We’re not gonna let anything bad happen. | 不会有任何事的 |
[22:46] | – We’re right here. – Promise? | -我们就在这 -你保证吗 |
[22:48] | – Promise. Absolutely. – Promise. | -我们绝对保证 -我们保证 |
[22:49] | You got it. Come on. | 放心吧 游过来 |
[22:53] | Okay, she’s gonna kick. She’s gonna kick. | 好了 她要蹬了 她要蹬了 |
[22:55] | She’s sinking is what she’s doing. | 她都要沉下去了 |
[22:57] | – Well, give her a second. – Come on. | -给她点时间 -好了吧 |
[22:58] | Help, daddy! Help! | 救命 爸爸 救命 |
[22:59] | – You did it, baby! – Daddy, help! | -你做到了 宝贝 -爸爸 救命 |
[23:02] | Daddy… | 爸爸 |
[23:07] | You swam! | 你刚才游起来了 |
[23:08] | You “Drownded” Me! | 你想淹死我 |
[23:11] | It’s all right. | 好了 没事了 |
[23:19] | She swam. | 她刚才游了 |
[23:28] | I didn’t love how they call it “Automotive recycling.” | 我不喜欢他们管这个叫 汽车回收 |
[23:32] | I mean, what’s wrong with “Junk”? | 我的意思是 叫垃圾又怎么了 |
[23:33] | Junk is an honest word. | 垃圾 是一个诚实的词 |
[23:36] | Look at these, dad. | 看看它们 爸爸 |
[23:38] | Some of these cars have been around | 这些车你第一次 |
[23:39] | since the first time you brought me here. | 带我来的时候就在这了 |
[23:41] | Oh, dad, look at that– Pontiac. | 爸爸 看那辆庞蒂克车 |
[23:42] | What is that, at 1000? Maybe we can use some of that. | 标价1000 也许我们可以买下它 |
[23:45] | That’s a good eye, | 眼光不错 |
[23:47] | But it looks like it’s been stripped. | 但它看上去好像已经被拆过了 |
[23:49] | Oh, look at this. | 看看这辆 |
[23:51] | 1948 Cadillac– | 1948年的卡迪拉克 |
[23:53] | Now, I always wanted one of these. | 我一直想有辆这样的车 |
[23:59] | That’s American steel right there. | 这可是美国的钢制造的 |
[24:00] | The big iron! | 真是个大铁块 |
[24:02] | What would you think, dad, | 我想搬去你的工作间 |
[24:03] | if I moved into your office for a little while? | 住一阵子可以吗 爸爸 |
[24:05] | Well, honey, why the hell do you want to sleep back there? | 亲爱的 为什么你还想睡在那个地方 |
[24:07] | – It’s all moldy. – Well, maybe. | -都已经发霉了 -也许吧 |
[24:09] | But me and Amber in that little room– | 但是我和安博在那间小屋子里 |
[24:11] | It’s kind of tight. | 有点挤 |
[24:14] | Well, I work back there, sweetheart. | 好吧 我还要在那干活 甜心 |
[24:16] | – Right. – Oh, now, here you go. | -好吧 -看看这个 |
[24:18] | See, this is an engine you can work on. | 这可是那种很好用的引擎 |
[24:20] | Isn’t that beautiful? | 是不是很漂亮 |
[24:23] | Dad, why do you have condoms in the office? | 爸爸 你工作间里为什么会有避孕套 |
[24:32] | I don’t want to talk to you about that. | 我不想跟你讨论这件事 |
[24:42] | I’m so sorry. I just– | 我很抱歉 我只是 |
[24:44] | I thought that I could help– | 我本以为我可以帮她 |
[24:44] | Just pop in and have everything your way, | 你就这样突然出现然后按你的方法来 |
[24:47] | and then pop out? | 然后再突然离开吗 |
[24:52] | You’re mad. | 你生气了 |
[24:53] | You should have told me. | 你应该提前告诉我的 |
[24:58] | She did swim. You saw that. | 她当时的确游了 你看到了 |
[25:04] | I’ll see you at home. | 我们回家再谈 |
[25:09] | Joel. | 乔尔 |
[25:10] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[25:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[25:15] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[25:19] | Hey, sugar. | 甜心 |
[25:22] | Hey, guys. | 大家好 |
[25:24] | All right, you want to learn how to work this thing? | 你想学怎么操作这机器吗 |
[25:25] | All right, here we go. | 好的 那我们开始吧 |
[25:28] | What we want to do is add some drums, right? | 现在我们想加点鼓声 对吗 |
[25:31] | – Yep. – Hear that? | -是的 -听到了吗 |
[25:32] | Hmm, what does that need? | 还需要点什么 |
[25:34] | Ooh, I know. A little bass. | 我知道了 来点贝斯 |
[25:36] | Put some bass in there. Okay. | 加点贝斯进去 |
[25:38] | Starting to sound pretty good. | 听上去有点样子了 |
[25:40] | But I think I need a little something more. | 但是我觉得还需要加点什么 |
[25:41] | Let’s throw some guitar in there. | 我们再添点吉他进去 |
[25:43] | Then we go like this, | 然后我们这样做 |
[25:45] | – And then boom! Huh? – Whoa! Cool. | -然后 听吧 怎么样 -太酷了 |
[25:48] | Right? | 很酷吧 |
[25:49] | Don’t tell anyone around here what you saw, | 不要把你看到的这些告诉任何人 |
[25:51] | ’cause I don’t want everyone to know how fun my job is. | 我不想让别人知道我的工作这么有趣 |
[25:53] | – Hey, Crosby. – Oh, look, it’s happy hollow. | -克罗斯比 -原来是欢乐谷乐队 |
[25:56] | – Hey, how’s it going? – We’re so excited. | -你好 最近如何 -我们太兴奋了 |
[25:58] | – Oh, good. – We were thinking tonight | -那很好 -我们在想今晚 |
[26:01] | maybe we could just do it, um, live | 或许我们应该可以 现场表演了 |
[26:02] | And kind of get that raw, natural sort of feel. | 我们好像找到些灵感了 |
[26:05] | That’s good. We’ll capture it. | 那太好了 我们要抓住那些灵感 |
[26:07] | Cool. Who’s that? | 太棒了 这是谁 |
[26:08] | Oh, this is my sound engineer assistant, Jabbar. | 这是我的音响设备助理 乔巴 |
[26:12] | – Hi, Jabbar. – Hi. | -你好 乔巴 -你好 |
[26:14] | He’s very gifted. | 他相当有天赋 |
[26:16] | Can I talk to you for a second? | 我能跟你谈谈吗 |
[26:17] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[26:19] | – Is he gonna impinge? – Oh, no, he never impinges. | -他会搞砸吗 -不 他绝对不会 |
[26:22] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[26:24] | ‘Cause this is really, really important to us. | 因为这对我们来说太重要了 |
[26:25] | Take how important it is to you, | 只要想想对你们有多重要 |
[26:26] | Quadruple it– | 那么对他来说 |
[26:28] | That’s how important it is to Jabbar. | 这个重要性至少要乘以四 |
[26:29] | – Okay. – Go set up, get wild. | -好的 -去准备吧 狂野点 |
[26:39] | – Hey. – Hi. How was your day? | -嗨 -嗨 今天过得怎么样 |
[26:43] | Um, maybe you should let grandma and grandpa | 也许你该让外公外婆 |
[26:45] | help us buy a new car. | 帮我们买辆新车 |
[26:47] | – I’m just saying. – You too? | -我只是说说 -你也这么想吗 |
[26:48] | – I’m just saying. – Hey, come here for a second. | -我只是说说 -你过来一下 |
[26:52] | I want to explain to you why I don’t want to do that. | 我想跟你解释一下为什么不让他们帮忙 |
[26:55] | In this family, we take care of ourselves, | 在这个家庭里 我们自己照顾好自己 |
[26:59] | and we don’t expect other people to help us, | 我们从来不指望别人来帮我们 |
[27:01] | which is why, by the time I was your age, | 这也是为什么 我在你这个年纪的时候 |
[27:03] | I knew how to change a tire and, uh… | 我知道怎么去换胎 还有 |
[27:08] | – Bake a casserole… – A casserole? | -怎么做煲仔饭 -煲仔饭 |
[27:11] | And break into a car | 不用钥匙就能开车门 |
[27:12] | and fashion a tepee out of wood and leather. | 用木头和毛皮装饰一顶帐篷 |
[27:15] | Really? Really | 真的 真的吗 |
[27:17] | – I was just saying– – You don’t believe me? | -我刚才只是说 -你不相信我吗 |
[27:19] | I don’t think you get my point. Come here. | 我觉得你还没明白我的意思 过来 |
[27:20] | – Mom, I get the point. – Do you? | -老妈 我明白了 -是吗 |
[27:22] | Yes. I understand. | 是的 我明白 |
[27:24] | Then give me a hug. | 那来抱一个 |
[27:26] | What? Wh? | 怎么了 |
[27:28] | – Look at you. – Come here. | -看看你自己的样子 -过来啊 |
[27:30] | You’re still my favorite son. | 你永远都是我的宝贝儿子 |
[27:36] | Don’t half-ass it! | 别半途而废 |
[28:32] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[28:34] | all right, now, remember, Max, there’s no pressure, okay? | 好的 麦克斯你记住 不要有压力好吗 |
[28:36] | You just be yourself. | 做你自己就可以了 |
[28:37] | I will. | 我会的 |
[28:38] | Are you hungry, honey? | 饿了吗 宝贝 |
[28:40] | Do you want a snack? I have crackers. | 想吃点零食吗 我带了饼干 |
[28:41] | I have a banana. I have an apple. | 香蕉 还有苹果 |
[28:43] | – I’m fine. – I have some trail mix, | -我不饿 -我还带了干果巧克力 |
[28:44] | I have a granola bar. I have a hard-boiled egg. | 还有一个燕麦棒和煮鸡蛋 |
[28:45] | – I’m fine. I’m fine. – Do you have to pee? | -我不饿 -想不想上厕所 |
[28:47] | – Nope. – It’s right down the hall. | -不想 -厕所就在楼下 |
[28:49] | Granola bar? Chinese mix? An apple? | 燕麦棒 中国什锦菜 还是苹果 |
[28:53] | You just said that. Is something wrong? | 你刚说过了 出什么事了吗 |
[28:55] | No. Why? | 没有啊 怎么了 |
[28:57] | Because you’re saying the same thing over and over again, | 因为同样的话你们已经重复好多遍了 |
[28:59] | Which is what you do when something’s wrong. | 每次有坏事发生你们就是这种反应 |
[29:02] | No, we don’t. | 没有 我们没有 |
[29:04] | Okay, Max, we’re ready for you. | 好了 麦克斯 我们准备好了 |
[29:07] | – Exciting. – No pressure. | -高兴一点嘛 -不要有压力 |
[29:10] | – Good luck. Tnank you. – He’ll be just fine. | -祝你好运 谢谢 -他会没事的 |
[29:21] | Pretty cool, huh? | 很酷吧 |
[29:25] | Jabbar? Jabbar. | 乔巴 乔巴 |
[29:31] | Jabbar? | 乔巴 |
[29:36] | Jabbar, Jabbar? | 乔巴 乔巴 |
[29:38] | Man, you scared the crap out of me. | 你吓了我一大跳 |
[29:41] | – Sorry. – Hey, fiance. | -不好意思 -你好 未婚夫 |
[29:43] | Hey. Uh, what are you doing back? | 你好 你怎么回来了 |
[29:47] | Oh, I came straight from the airport. | 我直接从机场过来的 |
[29:48] | Apparently, music history is being made, | 显然 乐队正在上升期 |
[29:51] | and the band’s manager told me that I needed to be here. | 乐队经纪人要我待在这里 |
[29:54] | Here you go, big guy. | 给你 小朋友 |
[29:56] | Oh, no, no, no, no. | 不行 不行 不行 |
[29:58] | – Thank you. – No, no, no, no. | -谢谢 -不行不行 |
[30:00] | He–he can’t drink that. He’s lactose intolerant. | 他不能喝这个 他有乳糖不耐症 |
[30:05] | Oh, well, sorry. | 那好吧 不好意思 |
[30:08] | Let’s see what else we can get you. | 那我看看能不能找些别的饮料 |
[30:10] | So, Crosby, who is this little fella? | 克罗斯比 这个小伙子是谁呀 |
[30:11] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[30:16] | I don’t know. He, uh– | 我不知道 他 |
[30:17] | One of the girls up front asked me to watch him. | 刚才有个女孩让我照顾他一下 |
[30:19] | Okay, well, it’s really nice to meet you. | 那好吧 真的很高兴见到你 |
[30:22] | And I’m gonna go check on the band. | 我该去看看乐队的情况了 |
[30:47] | – What are you doing here. Wh.. – What’s up? | -你怎么来了 -怎么回事 |
[30:50] | I just– | 我只是 |
[30:50] | I thought you might be nervous, so… | 我想你们可能会紧张 所以 |
[30:53] | So you brought us coffee to calm us down. | 所以你给我们买了咖啡让我们放松 |
[30:55] | – That was very nice of you. – Just kidding. | -你真是你太好了 -她开玩笑的 |
[30:57] | Sarah That’s very nice. Thank you, sarah. | 你真是太贴心了 谢谢你 |
[30:58] | What do you got there, a rock or– | 你手上拿的什么 一块石头还是 |
[31:00] | No, it’s a tibetan prayer stone. | 不是 是一块西藏的祈祷石 |
[31:02] | Oh, dear god. It’s come to this? | 天哪 有这么糟吗 |
[31:05] | – I’m not taking any chances. – this? | -我不是病急乱投医 -用这个 |
[31:07] | Max it was an absolute pleasure to meet you, Max. | 很高兴见到你 麦克斯 |
[31:09] | You too. | 我也是 |
[31:10] | Hey, bud-zo. | 小伙子 |
[31:12] | Is everything okay? | 一切都还好吧 |
[31:13] | We’ll call you tomorrow. | 我们明天会联系你们的 |
[31:15] | – All right. – See you, Max. | -没问题 -麦克斯 说再见 |
[31:16] | – See you. – Hi, bud. | -再见 -你好 小伙子 |
[31:18] | Look forward to your call. | 我们会等你们电话的 |
[31:19] | Did Haddie win her game? | 海迪比赛赢了吗 |
[31:21] | Oh, god, we got to go. Come on. | 天哪 我们该走了 快 |
[31:22] | Come on, you guys, we got to go. | 大家快点 我们快走 |
[31:24] | – Let’s go. – Haddie’s game. | -走 -海迪的决赛 |
[31:25] | Her finals are today. | 今天是她的决赛 |
[31:27] | You forgot her game? | 你们忘记她今天比赛了吗 |
[31:28] | – Haddie. – Hi, sweetie. | -海迪 -宝贝 |
[31:30] | Haddie, listen, we are so sorry. | 海迪 我们实在太抱歉了 |
[31:32] | I’m sorry, we got stuck at Max’s interview. | 真对不起 我们在麦克斯的事上耽搁了 |
[31:34] | – Hey, you won. – It looks like–yeah. | -你赢了 -看起来确实是赢了 |
[31:36] | – Can we just go, please? – Haddie… | -我们能走了吧 -海迪 |
[31:39] | You know what, honey? I’m sorry. | 宝贝 真的太对不起了 |
[31:42] | Can you understand? | 你能原谅我们吗 |
[31:44] | – Max! – Max, come on. | -麦克斯 -快来 宝贝 |
[31:44] | – Max! – Max, come on. | -麦克斯 -麦克斯 快跟上 |
[32:14] | I put some oil on this bolt, | 我给这个螺栓上了点油 |
[32:16] | so I think it’s loosening. | 它可能就会松动一些了 |
[32:21] | What do you have, the half-inch? | 你用的哪个 半英寸的扳手吗 |
[32:23] | – Yeah. – you might try a smaller one. | -是的 -或许你该换个小的试试 |
[32:25] | That’s true. Here. Oh… | 没错 拿着 |
[32:29] | Maybe a little more oil. | 可能还要点油 |
[32:30] | Could you use this, see if it works? | 你试试用这个 看看有没有用 |
[32:34] | Here it goes, kind of. | 动了 有点动了 |
[32:36] | Here, I’ll try to put this on there, | 我试试把这个放上去 |
[32:38] | see if it works. | 看看有没有用 |
[32:40] | – Did you get those off? – Yeah. | -你把它们拆下来了吗 -是啊 |
[32:42] | – You’re getting really strong. – Thank you. | -你越来越有劲了 -谢谢 |
[32:44] | Come here, give me a hand. | 过来 帮我一把 |
[32:53] | You mind if I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[32:54] | It’s fine, dad. I’m over it. | 没事了 爸爸 我没事了 |
[32:57] | No, it’s not fine. | 怎么会没事 |
[33:03] | There are some days when you just blow it. | 有些时候你会搞砸某些事 |
[33:06] | You know? | 你知道的 |
[33:07] | And that is what happened today. | 就像今天这件事 |
[33:11] | I blew it. | 是我搞砸了 |
[33:12] | And I’m– I’m really, really sorry. | 我 真心诚意的道歉 |
[33:16] | It’s okay. Really. | 没关系的 真的 |
[33:19] | And I know with everything that has been going on with Max | 我知道为了麦克斯最近的这些事 |
[33:24] | you’ve been having a rough couple of weeks too. | 你这几个星期都不好过 |
[33:25] | Weeks? | 几个星期 |
[33:27] | Dad, try years. | 老爸 请用年这个字 |
[33:31] | What? | 什么 |
[33:32] | It’s been years, dad. | 已经很多年了 爸爸 |
[33:35] | Why is everybody | 为什么所有人 |
[33:36] | acting like this Max thing is big news? | 都认为麦克斯的事就是头等大事 |
[33:40] | He knocked over the cake at my tenth birthday | 他在我十岁生日的时候打翻了我的蛋糕 |
[33:44] | because he was afraid of the candles. | 就因为他怕蜡烛 |
[33:46] | We had to change rooms | 因为他不能待在空调房里 |
[33:47] | because he couldn’t be by the air conditioner. | 我们不得不换房间 |
[33:50] | Whenever he wants to watch TV, | 无论什么时候 他想看电视 |
[33:52] | we all have to give up. | 我们就都得让着他 |
[33:53] | It’s like– it’s never-ending. | 这简直就像是 没有底线 |
[33:57] | And ever since I can remember, | 自从我有记忆以来 |
[33:59] | it’s been all about Max. | 什么事都是以麦克斯为先 |
[34:07] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[34:09] | You’re absolutely right. | 你说的太对了 |
[34:18] | Do you think he’s gonna get into this school? | 你觉得这个学校会录取他吗 |
[34:31] | I am very… | 你真的 |
[34:38] | very proud of you… | 真是我的骄傲 |
[34:48] | in so many ways. | 很多方面都是 |
[35:13] | – They kept you late. – Yes, they did. | -他们让你加班了 -是啊 |
[35:17] | The price you pay for taking a little dip | 这是中午跑去游一会儿泳 |
[35:21] | in the middle of the day. | 要付出的代价 |
[35:25] | Yeah, speaking of that… | 对了 提到这个 |
[35:27] | Hey, Sydney, mom’s home. | 西德尼 妈妈回来了 |
[35:30] | – Hi, sweetie. – Mommy, look. | -你好啊 小甜心 -妈妈 你看 |
[35:34] | – What is it? – Look, it’s me. | -这是什么 -看 是我 |
[35:36] | Ready? Go! | 准备好了吗 出发 |
[35:39] | You got it. You got it. Keep going. | 你成功啦 成功啦 继续游 |
[35:42] | Look at you! | 看看啊 |
[35:44] | – I did it! – Yeah, you did it! | -我成功啦 -你成功啦 |
[35:48] | You swam? | 你会游泳了 |
[35:50] | Yeah, away from the side and the back. | 是啊 只是从岸边出发又回来而已 |
[35:53] | – Oh. Show me again. – Okay. | -再放一遍 -好的 |
[35:56] | Ready? Go! | 准备好了吗 出发 |
[35:58] | She never would have been able to do it | 要不是你狠心让她尝试 |
[35:59] | without you torturing her. | 她是没法学会的 |
[36:03] | – I did it! – Yeah, you did it! | -我成功啦 -你成功啦 |
[36:06] | – High five. – Show me again. | -来击掌 -再放一次 |
[36:17] | How much longer? | 还要等多久 |
[36:20] | Uh, your mom said she’d be here any minute now. | 你妈妈说她马上就到 |
[36:27] | Hey, listen… | 嘿 听着 |
[36:31] | You know what I told that lady before | 还记得之前我向那个女士介绍 |
[36:33] | about who you were? | 你是谁吗 |
[36:36] | I just got really scared. | 我只是有点害怕 |
[36:39] | It was stupid. | 我很愚蠢 |
[36:46] | It’s okay. I understand. | 没关系 我能理解 |
[36:49] | You do? | 是吗 |
[37:06] | Is this why you ran and hid, | 你跑开藏起来 |
[37:07] | ’cause you broke this off the mixing board? | 就因为你把这个从混音板上弄掉了吗 |
[37:12] | I thought you’d be mad. | 我以为你会很生气 |
[37:20] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[37:24] | I would have done the exact same thing. | 要是我 我也会这么做 |
[37:39] | All right, then. | 好吧 |
[37:41] | I guess that’s it. | 也只能这么办了 |
[37:43] | You sure? | 确定吗 |
[37:50] | You’re not gonna cry over this piece of junk, are you? | 你不会对着这堆”破铜烂铁”伤心吧 |
[37:52] | – No. – Okay. | -才不会 -好吧 |
[37:54] | I know it’s a bad car. It’s just… | 我知道只是辆烂车 但是 |
[37:59] | Amber said her first word in it– | 安博在里面学会了第一句话 |
[38:01] | “no”. | “不” |
[38:05] | Drew came within two blocks of being born in it. | 德鲁待了不到两条街就在里面出生 |
[38:08] | It hardly ever worked, but the day I needed | 虽然很久不用 但是我准备搬离塞斯 |
[38:11] | to move them out of Seth’s, it started on the first try. | 的那一天 它一下就启动了 |
[38:18] | – Ready? – Yeah. | -准备好了吗 -好了 |
[38:20] | – Okay. – We’re good. | -好了 -可以走了 |
[38:32] | Sarah, um, your mother and I, | 莎拉 我和你母亲 |
[38:34] | we haven’t been doing very well. | 最近不太和睦 |
[38:38] | I’ve been spending a lot of time in the guesthouse. | 我已经在工作间里住了一段时间了 |
[38:41] | I’ve been sleeping there, and that’s… | 我一直睡在那里 |
[38:44] | why I told you you couldn’t move in, | 这就是为什么我说你们不能搬过来 |
[38:46] | so, uh… | 所以 |
[38:48] | it was selfish. | 我很自私 |
[38:49] | I’m selfish sometimes. | 有时候我很自私 |
[38:53] | I want you to know that, please, go ahead, move in. | 我现在想说 来吧 住过来吧 |
[38:57] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[38:58] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[39:00] | And don’t worry about your mom and I. | 别为我和你母亲担心 |
[39:02] | – We’re gonna be doing okay. – Okay. | -我们会没事的 -好的 |
[39:17] | What time did those people from Footpath elementary | 福特帕斯小学的人说什么时候 |
[39:19] | say they were gonna call? | 会打电话来着 |
[39:22] | Eleven, I think. | 十一点吧 |
[39:24] | I’m not gonna make it. | 我都等不急了 |
[39:30] | – You want to make out? – Hmm. | -想来亲热一下吗 -好吧 |
[39:38] | Hey! | 你们好 |
[39:40] | – Good morning! – Good morning! | -早上好 -早上好 |
[39:41] | – Good morning. – We’re going swimming. | -早上好 -我们要去游泳 |
[39:43] | – Swimming? – Swimming! | -游泳 -游泳 |
[39:44] | Swimming, you know, the thing where you go… | 游泳啊 那个运动 |
[39:46] | Listen, you guys, I’m waiting for | 听着 我在等一个 |
[39:47] | a very important phone call. | 很重要的电话 |
[39:48] | I know, but that’s not for four hours, so let’s go. | 我知道 但是还有4个小时呢 走吧 |
[39:50] | Bring your cell phone. Come on! | 带上手机 来吧 |
[39:53] | – None of that. – All right, all right. | -别这样 -好吧 |
[39:57] | We brought coffee. | 我们带了咖啡来 |
[40:36] | No, but I like Hungarian goulash. | 但是我喜欢匈牙利红烩牛肉 |
[40:38] | I love it. | 爱死了 |
[40:40] | Oh, my god. | 天哪 |
[40:41] | Adam, honey, it’s Footpath. | 亚当 亲爱的 是福特帕斯小学 |
[40:43] | It’s Footpath. Yes, it is. Can you answer it? | 是福特帕斯 能过来接吗 |
[40:47] | Hurry, hurry! | 快点 快点 |
[40:49] | Hi. Yes, this is Adam. | 你好 我是亚当 |
[40:53] | Yes. Okay, I understand. | 好的 我知道了 |
[40:55] | Okay, bye. He got in! | 好的 再见 他被录取了 |
[40:56] | He got in! | 录取啦 |
[41:30] | Here you go. | 去上课吧 |
[41:31] | Still excited? | 高兴吗 |
[41:33] | I’m excited. | 我倒是很兴奋 |
[41:35] | Okay if I run ahead? It’s 8:14. | 我先走了 已经八点十四了 |
[41:36] | – Yep. Sure. – Yeah. | -当然 -好 |
[41:38] | – Have a good day, Max. – We love you. | -好好上课 麦克斯 -我们爱你 |
[42:08] | Hey, Sarah. | 你好 莎拉 |
[42:11] | Can I come in? | 我能进去吗 |
[42:17] | You like Lasagna? | 想来点烤面条吗 |