时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | You know what, Crosby? | 你知道吗 克罗斯比 |
[00:01] | However hard you think it is having a kid, | 无论你觉得养小孩有多困难 |
[00:02] | Just double it. | 实际都要困难得多 |
[00:03] | I’m really glad that you had a valuable learning experience | 当你把我们5岁的儿子一人留在游泳池时 |
[00:06] | While leaving our five-year-old son alone in the pool. | 我很高兴你学到了宝贵的一课 |
[00:08] | Can we just rewind and forget about this conversation? | 我们能从头开始 忘了刚才的对话吗 |
[00:11] | Actually, you just need to go, okay? | 事实上 你可以走了 好吗 |
[00:13] | Berkeley is a living hell, mom. | 伯克利是人间地狱 老妈 |
[00:14] | I am moving in with Damien. We’ve decided. | 我要搬来跟达米安住 我们决定了 |
[00:20] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你为什么要这样折磨我 |
[00:21] | You’re ruining my life! | 你毁了我的生活 |
[00:22] | I can’t believe you drove all the way from Fresno. | 真不敢相信你大老远从弗雷斯诺开车过来 |
[00:28] | She bangs the ball behind my back during story time. | 讲故事的时候 她在我背后扔球 |
[00:32] | That’s not good. | 这可不好 |
[00:33] | She disrupts the class, | 她扰乱了课堂秩序 |
[00:33] | Uses the ball to draw attention to herself. | 用这个球来引起注意 |
[00:37] | – I’m surprised. – I was,too. | -我很惊讶 -我也是 |
[00:39] | She is obsessed with this ball. | 她对这个球很着迷 |
[00:42] | I’m pretty sure she took a box of rubber bands out of my desk drawer. | 我肯定 她从我抽屉里拿了一盒橡皮筋 |
[00:45] | When was she able to do that? | 她什么时候拿的 |
[00:47] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[00:48] | Is she ever left in the room alone? | 她被独自留在房间里吗 |
[00:50] | Not do I know her. | 据我所知没有 |
[00:50] | Then you don’t have any evidence that she could do that. | 那么你没有证据证明是她拿的 |
[00:53] | No,I’m not certain. | 好吧 我不是很肯定 |
[00:54] | I was going to let her run its course | 我正要让她讲故事 |
[00:56] | But when it became a danger. | 她却闯祸了 |
[00:59] | Wait,you mean danger,what do you mean? | 等等 你说闯祸 闯什么祸了 |
[01:01] | She hit little Jan Crance in the head with that ball. | 她用那球打了杰·克兰斯的头 |
[01:04] | – On purpose? – Oh,my. Is he okay? | -故意的吗 -天哪 他没事吧 |
[01:05] | He is OK, and I don’t think she did it on purpose. | 他没事 我认为她不是故意的 |
[01:10] | She may be aiming at me. | 她要打的可能是我 |
[01:12] | So you can see why I had to take the ball away | 这就是我为何要把球没收 |
[01:15] | And call you in. | 并请你们来的原因 |
[01:17] | Sure,we will take care of this.Thank you so much. | 知道了 我们会处理的 非常感谢 |
[01:24] | I can take this, right? | 我可以把这个带走 对吧 |
[01:26] | Sure. | 当然 |
[01:27] | My doctor says, | 我的医生说 |
[01:29] | “You can’t have a garlic knot.” I mean… | “你不能吃蒜香包” 我说… |
[01:30] | Really? From Mama Lucia’s? | 当真吗 露西亚妈妈餐馆的吗 |
[01:32] | Your–no, not right now, thank you. | 你的…不 现在不方便 谢谢 |
[01:34] | – Whoo. Is she new? – You’ve met Jenny before. | -她是新来的吗 -你见过珍妮的 |
[01:36] | Oh, is she Gordon’s assistant? Hey, where’s Gordon? | 她是戈登的助理吗 戈登人呢 |
[01:39] | Look, if the doctor’s telling you not to have garlic knots, | 听着 如果医生告诉你不要吃蒜香包 |
[01:41] | Don’t have the garlic knots. | 就不要吃 |
[01:42] | Okay, I won’t. | 好的 我不吃 |
[01:44] | All right, just take care of yourself, would you? | 好 照顾好自己 好吗 |
[01:45] | What do you want to talk about? | 你想聊些什么 |
[01:46] | There’s this investment property that I want you to see. | 有项房产投资 我想让你看看 |
[01:49] | And in this climate, it’d be an incredible opportunity. | 当前形势下 是个极好的投资机会 |
[01:52] | Before I do anything with it, I want to get your opinion. | 我想先征求你的意见 再作打算 |
[01:55] | My opinion? Why? | 我的意见 为什么 |
[01:57] | Because you have real estate/business acumen, son. | 儿子 因为你有房产投资及经商的头脑 |
[02:02] | – Acumen? – Yeah. | -经商头脑 -是的 |
[02:03] | We’d have to drive there, stay overnight. | 我们开车去 在那儿过夜 |
[02:05] | Come on, dad. I don’t have time to go stay overnight somewhere. | 拜托 老爸 我可没空去别处过夜 |
[02:07] | Where is this place? | 这地方在哪儿 |
[02:09] | It’d be like father and son time, you know. | 就像是父子时间 |
[02:11] | We could get a chance to talk, Adam. | 亚当 我们就有机会聊聊了 |
[02:12] | We don’t have enough of that. | 我们交流得并不多 |
[02:13] | I’ll call Kristina. | 我给克利斯蒂娜打电话 |
[02:15] | I’ll just make sure it’s clear with her, okay? | 确定她那边没有问题 好吗 |
[02:17] | That’s all I wanted to hear. | 这才是我爱听的 |
[02:18] | – All right. – All right. | -行 -好的 |
[02:19] | – You’re not gonna be sorry. – All right. | -你不会失望的 -好吧 |
[02:20] | You want some garlic knots? | 你想来点蒜香包吗 |
[02:21] | Why don’t I take those from you? | 为何不都给我呢 |
[02:23] | No. I’ll have as many garlic knots as I want. | 不行 我要尽情享用蒜香包 |
[02:26] | Your real estate acumen? | 你有房产投资头脑 |
[02:28] | He used the word “Acumen”? | 他用了”头脑”这个词 |
[02:29] | – Yup. – That’s worrisome. | -是的 -这真令人不安 |
[02:31] | Yeah, I was wondering if he wanted me to go in on a piece of, | 是啊 我在想他会不会让我和他一起 |
[02:34] | I don’t know, vacation real estate with him or something. | 去看一处度假房产什么的 |
[02:36] | Then he tried to sell it to me as father and son time. | 然后想用父子情深那套来说服我买下 |
[02:39] | Yikes. | 吓人啊 |
[02:40] | Hey, speaking of which, I brought something over | 说到父子相处 我带了样东西 |
[02:42] | I want you to look at. | 想让你看看 |
[02:43] | Yeah, what’s that? | 行啊 什么东西 |
[02:47] | That’s great. What about it? | 不错啊 怎么了 |
[02:48] | – That’s great? – Yeah. | -不错吗 -是啊 |
[02:50] | You don’t think it’s weird to receive an invitation | 你不觉得收到邮递来的自己儿子的 |
[02:51] | To your son’s birthday party in the mail? | 生日派对邀请函很古怪吗 |
[02:53] | You’re lucky you got invited at all. | 能邀请你就不错了 |
[02:55] | Hey, whose side are you on? | 你到底向着谁啊 |
[02:56] | There are no sides here. | 没有向着谁这一说 |
[02:57] | You just got to pay attention to your kid. | 你只要把心思放在你的孩子身上就好 |
[02:59] | Yeah, listen, | 对啊 听着 |
[03:00] | I’ve been spending a lot of time with Jabbar, okay? | 我跟乔巴相处了 很长一段时间 |
[03:02] | He knows me pretty well now, and he’s smart, | 他现在跟我很熟 并且他很聪明 |
[03:04] | So if I don’t plan this party, | 如果我没参与筹备这个派对 |
[03:05] | He’s gonna sense that. | 他会察觉到的 |
[03:06] | Great chair. | 好椅子 |
[03:07] | – You like this? – Yeah, high quality. | -你喜欢吗 -是 很结实 |
[03:10] | Look, if you want to be there, | 听着 如果你想去 |
[03:11] | Just, you know, give Jasmine a call | 就给贾思敏打个电话 |
[03:13] | And tell her you want to be a part of it. | 告诉她你想参与筹备 |
[03:14] | She’s just sending a lot of mixed messages. | 她传递的信息很复杂 |
[03:16] | It’s, like, half the time she wants me to be the dad, | 就像 一会儿想让我扮演父亲的角色 |
[03:19] | And then the other half, she’s keeping me on the outside. | 一会儿又把我挡在外面 |
[03:21] | I just wish she would pick a path and stick to it. | 我只是希望她做出选择 坚持到底 |
[03:24] | Well, then you should go. | 那你就应该去 |
[03:25] | You should call Jasmine and say you want in. | 你该给贾思敏打电话 说你想”进来” |
[03:28] | Except you shouldn’t use those words. | 但可别像刚才那样说 |
[03:30] | I don’t get it. | 我没明白 |
[03:31] | Is there a sexual joke in there? | 那句话里有黄段子吗 |
[03:33] | Amber, I’m coming in. | 安博 我进来了 |
[03:34] | Mom, can you just give me a minute? | 妈妈 你能等一会儿吗 |
[03:36] | – I’m showering. – Yes. Can you give me a minute? | -我在洗澡 -我知道 一会儿就好 |
[03:38] | I’m just brushing my teeth. | 我就刷下牙 |
[03:39] | Hey, do you have the toothpaste in there? | 牙膏在你那儿吗 |
[03:41] | – No, no, no. – oh, my god! | -别 别 别 -天哪 |
[03:42] | Hey, Mrs. Bra– it’s just me. | 你好 布雷弗曼夫人 是我 |
[03:44] | No, you’re dead. | 你死定了 |
[03:46] | Get out! No, not now. | 滚出去 不是现在 |
[03:47] | Later. | 过一会儿 |
[03:51] | We’re screwed. | 我们完了 |
[04:40] | Ah! You have got to be kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[04:42] | Excuse me, but who the hell is that running out of my house? | 打扰了 从我房子里跑出去的到底是谁 |
[04:45] | – Amber! – Jeez. | -安博 -老天 |
[04:46] | Dad, it’s Amber’s boy– | 爸爸 是安博的男… |
[04:47] | Ex-boyfriend from Fresno. | 前男友 从弗雷斯诺来的 |
[04:48] | – Don’t–don’t worry about it. – I can’t get any privacy. | -别…别担心 -我一点隐私也没有 |
[04:49] | Why are you being such a tattletale? | 你怎么这么爱打小报告 |
[04:50] | Wait– Damien, the demon seed? | 等等…达米安 那个流氓胚吗 |
[04:52] | Why is everybody yelling at me? | 为什么人人都吼我 |
[04:53] | We got to set some boundaries, Amber. | 安博 我们得定规矩 |
[04:54] | Calm down, grandpa. | 冷静一下 外公 |
[04:56] | – I’m not yelling at ya. – Yes, you are. | -我没吼你 -你吼了 |
[04:57] | – It’s okay. – It’s my house! | -没事的 -这是我家 |
[04:59] | All right, I’ll take care of it, dad. | 行了 我会处理的 爸爸 |
[05:05] | I know you’re mad at me. | 我知道你很生我的气 |
[05:07] | What do you mean? I’m not mad at you. | 你说什么 我没生你的气 |
[05:09] | You’re mad at me because of Mr. Cyr. | 你生我的气是因为西尔老师 |
[05:10] | Because of dating your teacher. | 因为我同你的老师约会 |
[05:11] | Please, it has nothing to do with that. | 拜托 跟那一点关系都没有 |
[05:12] | And I know you’re still mad, and I’m sorry. | 我知道你还在生气 对不起 |
[05:13] | It’s fine. I don’t care. | 没什么 我不在乎 |
[05:16] | I’m sorry I went out with your teacher. | 很抱歉跟你的老师约会 |
[05:18] | It’s fine. | 没什么 |
[05:21] | We left Fresno, you know, | 我们离开弗雷斯诺 |
[05:23] | So you could have a better life. | 是想让你更好地生活 |
[05:24] | And I pulled you away from a lot of things, | 我阻止你做很多事 |
[05:27] | But he was one of ’em. | 其中之一就是和他在一起 |
[05:29] | And then, to have him here in the shower, | 而现在 和他一起洗澡 |
[05:32] | I mean, Amber, come on. | 我的意思是 安博 拜托 |
[05:34] | Don’t screw everything up for yourself | 不要因为生我的气 |
[05:36] | Just because you’re mad at me. | 就毁了自己的前程 |
[05:37] | This doesn’t have anything to do with you. | 这跟你一点关系都没有 |
[05:39] | Not everything I do is about you. | 不是我做的每件事都与你有关 |
[05:41] | I love him, and he loves me, okay? | 我爱他 他也爱我 可以吧 |
[05:43] | Oh, god. | 天哪 |
[05:45] | What? | 怎么了 |
[05:46] | Why do you insist on making every mistake I made? | 为什么你坚持要重蹈我的覆辙呢 |
[05:52] | You know, every time you talk about your life being a mistake, | 知道吗 每次你说你的人生是个错误 |
[05:56] | All I hear is that my whole existence is a mistake | 我听到的是 我的存在就是个错误 |
[05:59] | – And you… – Oh, no. Oh, no, no. | -你… -不 不 不是的 |
[06:02] | I don’t want to talk to you right now. | 我现在不想和你说话 |
[06:04] | Honey, I don’t want to leave you so upset. | 亲爱的 我不想你一个人难过 |
[06:06] | Please leave me alone, okay? | 请让我一个人静静 好吗 |
[06:08] | Please? I don’t want to talk to you. | 求你了 我不想和你说话 |
[06:11] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好 好 好 |
[06:15] | – I’m really sorry. – It’s fine, mom! | -我真的很抱歉 -没什么 妈妈 |
[06:17] | – Please, just leave me alone. – Okay. | -让我静一静 -好吧 |
[06:19] | I’ll come back. | 我一会儿过来 |
[06:26] | Don’t take any rubber bands off, please! | 不要拆那些橡皮筋 |
[06:28] | Wait, wait, whoa. Why? | 等等 等等 为什么 |
[06:30] | Well, because I’ve got ’em all counted up. | 因为我把它们都算好了 |
[06:32] | 18 blue, | 18根蓝色的 |
[06:33] | 53 reds, | 53根红色的 |
[06:35] | 118 brown. There’s too many brown. | 118根棕色的 棕色的太多了 |
[06:38] | And I don’t want the brown rubber bands to take over. | 我不想有太多棕色橡皮筋 |
[06:40] | I want my ball. I want my ball! | 我要我的球 我要我的球 |
[06:43] | All right, you know what? | 好吧 你知道吗 |
[06:44] | Let’s go upstairs. | 我们上楼吧 |
[06:46] | We’re gonna finish getting ready, | 把一切都准备好 |
[06:47] | And we will talk more about this in the morning. | 上午 我们要好好谈谈这件事 |
[06:49] | – I want my ball. – No. No. | -我要我的球 -不 不行 |
[06:50] | I want my ball! | 我要我的球 |
[06:52] | Sweetheart, the ball is staying right here, okay? | 宝贝 球就放在这 好吗 |
[06:56] | – Please, I want my ball. – No. | -求求你 我要我的球 -不行 |
[06:58] | We will not touch it. I promise you. | 我们不会碰它 我保证 |
[07:00] | We’re not gonna change it. Okay? | 我们也不会动它 好吗 |
[07:02] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[07:04] | Now get upstairs. | 现在上楼 |
[07:35] | Turn it down. | 关了它 |
[07:39] | You know who I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[07:40] | I’m sorry. You’re Amber’s grandfather. | 我很抱歉 你是安博的外公 |
[07:44] | The vietnam vet. | 越战老兵 |
[07:46] | Well, Damien, gee, I’m just sure you’re a nice guy, | 达米安 我相信你是个好小伙 |
[07:50] | But you left your sock in my house, | 但是你把你的袜子丢在我家了 |
[07:53] | But you took my granddaughter’s innocence. | 你还带走我孙女的纯真 |
[07:57] | Here’s your sock. | 拿好你的袜子 |
[07:59] | I’m gonna give you a 20, | 我给你20元 |
[08:01] | And I want you to fill up your tank, | 给你的车加满油 |
[08:04] | And I want you to clear out of here. | 我要你离开这儿 |
[08:07] | And I’m asking you nicely. | 我说的很客气 |
[08:09] | What about Amber? | 那安博怎么办 |
[08:10] | Damien, | 达米安 |
[08:13] | If this van is within a five-mile radius of my house, | 一旦这辆车出现在我家方圆五里内 |
[08:16] | I’ll know it. | 我会知道的 |
[08:19] | Cause I can smell it. | 因为我能闻得出来 |
[08:20] | And then you and I are gonna have a visit, | 到那时 我们俩会见个面 |
[08:22] | And I’m gonna spend some quiet time with you. | 我会和你独处一会 |
[08:25] | Do I make myself clear? | 我说明白了吗 |
[08:27] | Sir, I just want to let you know | 先生 我只是想让你知道 |
[08:28] | That I consider myself a student of philosophy. | 我只是一个哲学系学生 |
[08:31] | Live and let live. I mean no harm to anyone. | 得饶人处且饶人 我不想伤害任何人 |
[08:35] | I am an irrational hardass with rage issues. | 我发起火来可是毫不客气的 |
[08:41] | Don’t piss me off. | 别把我惹毛了 |
[08:52] | – Come in, come in. – Thanks. | -赶紧进来 -谢谢 |
[08:54] | What’s happening? | 怎么了 |
[08:55] | Good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[08:59] | I was gonna make some tea. Do you want some? | 我在泡茶 你要喝点吗 |
[09:00] | – Sure. – Chamomile or orange pekoe | -好的 -菊花茶还是柑橘香红茶 |
[09:02] | – Or green? – Whatever. Perfect. | -还是绿茶 -随便 都好 |
[09:04] | – Whatever? Okay. – Hi, Max. | -随便 好吧 -嗨 麦克斯 |
[09:07] | Max, buddy, aunt Julia just said hi to you. | 麦克斯 茱莉亚姑姑刚给你打招呼呢 |
[09:09] | Oh, did you know that pill bugs and sow bugs | 你知道球潮虫和潮虫 |
[09:13] | Are often mistakenly thought of as insects, | 常被误以为是昆虫 |
[09:16] | But they’re actually classified in the group called isopods… | 其实它们是属于等足目的 |
[09:19] | He got a new book on roly-polies today. | 他今天得到本关于球潮虫的新书 |
[09:21] | Hey, buddy, honey, aunt Julia’s probably not in the– | 宝贝 茱莉亚姑姑可能不感兴趣 |
[09:24] | So Adam is not here. | 亚当不在这 |
[09:27] | He’s at the office. Um… | 他在办公室 |
[09:29] | That’s fine. I actually wanted to talk to you. | 没关系 我是打算找你谈谈的 |
[09:33] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[09:36] | This is gonna sound stupid. | 这听起来很愚蠢 |
[09:37] | – Okay. – It has to do with this ball. | -好的 -和这个球有关 |
[09:40] | Sydney’s obsessed with it, | 西德尼对它着了迷 |
[09:41] | And basically I just wanted to ask you | 实际上我就想问问你 |
[09:46] | If you could tell me about, you know, some of the first signs | 你能告诉我一些麦克斯 |
[09:49] | That you saw with Max. | 早期的症状吗 |
[09:53] | Um, why don’t you have a seat? | 你先坐吧 |
[09:56] | – Okay. – And I will be right back. | -好的 -我一会过来 |
[09:57] | I’m just gonna try to rally him to get upstairs. | 我先把他劝上楼 |
[09:58] | What were you guys talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[09:59] | – Nothing, babe. – Have a seat. | -没什么 宝贝 -坐吧 |
[10:01] | – Thanks. – Can you do mommy a favor? | -谢谢 -你能帮妈妈一个忙吗 |
[10:03] | I need to talk to aunt Julia about something. | 我要和茱莉亚姑姑谈点事 |
[10:04] | Honey, please, I just want to talk | 宝贝 我只想和 |
[10:05] | To aunt Julia for a little bit, okay? | 茱莉亚姑姑聊一小会 好吗 |
[10:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:07] | Come up soon so I can get my stickers. | 快点上来 我要我的贴纸 |
[10:09] | I will. I promise. | 好的 我保证 |
[10:10] | Thank you. Okay. | 谢谢 好了 |
[10:12] | Um, I am 100% sure that you have nothing to worry about at all. | 我百分百确定你没必要担心 |
[10:16] | How can you be sure about that? | 你怎么能这么确定 |
[10:19] | Well, I’m not sure, | 好吧 我不确定 |
[10:20] | But I don’t really understand. I mean… | 但我不明白 我是说… |
[10:22] | Okay, she counted the number of rubber bands. | 她数了所有橡皮筋 |
[10:25] | She knows how many of each color there are. | 她知道每种颜色有多少根 |
[10:28] | And she’s so utterly fixated on it | 她对这个球念念不忘 |
[10:31] | That she can’t make eye contact anymore if you talk to her. | 若你和她说话 她看都不看你 |
[10:32] | Okay. You know what I’m gonna do. | 我的建议是 |
[10:35] | I’m gonna give you dr. Pelikan’s number. | 我把帕利甘医生的电话给你 |
[10:37] | He’s our doctor that we use for Max. | 他是麦克斯的医生 |
[10:39] | He’s amazing. | 他很棒 |
[10:40] | And he’ll be able to tell you if anything’s going on, | 如果有什么问题 他会告诉你的 |
[10:43] | Which I really don’t think that there is anything wrong. | 但是我真不觉得这有什么问题 |
[10:45] | – I really don’t. – Okay. | -真的 -好的 |
[10:46] | I just wouldn’t worry about it. | 我不会担心的 |
[10:48] | – Yeah, I’m–I’m, you know… – Oh, Julia. | -是的 你知道 -茱莉亚 |
[10:51] | – I’ll be fine. – It’s okay. | -我会没事的 -这没问题 |
[10:52] | Oh, so stupid. I’m sorry. | 太愚蠢了 真对不起 |
[10:54] | It’s not stupid at all. It’s not. | 这一点也不愚蠢 真的 |
[10:57] | I’m a horrible person, honey. | 亲爱的 我是个可怕的人 |
[10:59] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[11:00] | Because when Julia told me there might be something wrong with Sydney, | 茱莉亚告诉我西德尼可能有点问题时 |
[11:03] | Part of me felt glad and happy and, like– | 我的内心居然会有点窃喜… |
[11:04] | – A big part? – Like I couldn’t stop myself. | -很窃喜吗 -我无法控制自己 |
[11:06] | It was weird. It was like this feeling just came over me– | 这很奇怪 不自觉地冒出这种念头… |
[11:08] | Well, I think that’s human, | 我想这很正常 |
[11:10] | And I don’t think that’s horrible. | 我不觉得这很可怕 |
[11:11] | What would be so wrong | 家里再多个麦克斯一样的病例 |
[11:12] | With having somebody else in the family like Max? | 也没什么大不了的 |
[11:13] | Well, it doesn’t feel fair. | 但这么想可不公平 |
[11:15] | Exactly. And he would be less isolated. | 的确 他不会那么孤独了 |
[11:16] | We’d be less isolated. | 我们也不会那么孤独了 |
[11:19] | You’re horrible too. | 你也很可怕 |
[11:20] | You are– you’re horrible too. | 你也很邪恶 |
[11:21] | – You were thinking it. – I’m not horrible. | -你也有那种想法 -我不可怕 |
[11:23] | You’re the horriblest. | 你是最可怕的 |
[11:24] | And those jeans are just terrible. | 那些牛仔裤实在太糟了 |
[11:26] | Why do you think my dad thinks I have real estate acumen? | 你觉得爸爸为何会认为我有房产投资头脑 |
[11:28] | – I think he’s up to something. – Take these instead. | -我觉得他有问题 -换这套吧 |
[11:30] | You should have seen your sister’s face, though. | 你应该看看你妹妹的表情 |
[11:32] | She was totally freaked out. | 她真的快抓狂了 |
[11:33] | Look at Sydney compared to Max. | 看看西德尼 再看看麦克斯 |
[11:35] | There’s no way that these kids have the same thing. | 两个孩子不可能得了同样的病 |
[11:36] | Maybe she has A.D.D. | 也许她得了注意力缺损症 |
[11:38] | Yeah, or O.T.B. | 或者是场外下注 |
[11:39] | – Off-track betting? – O.C.D. | -场外下注 -强迫症 |
[11:41] | Yeah, there you go. | 那才对 |
[11:41] | Whatever it’s called. I don’t know. | 谁管它叫什么 我不知道 |
[11:42] | I did do one good thing. | 不过我做了一件好事 |
[11:44] | What’s that? | 什么 |
[11:45] | I didn’t tell her | 我没有告诉她 |
[11:46] | About Max’s rubber band ball. | 关于麦克斯的橡皮筋球的事 |
[11:48] | Well, see, you’re not horrible. | 看到了吧 你一点都不可怕 |
[11:50] | – I know. – You’re a sweetie. | -我知道 -你很贴心 |
[11:51] | I am sweet. | 我很贴心 |
[11:52] | – Kaboom. – Pow. | -爆炸 -轰 |
[11:53] | Let’s try that again. | 再来一遍 |
[11:54] | Kaboom! | 轰 |
[11:57] | – All right. – Okay, I feel better. | -好了 -我觉得好多了 |
[11:59] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不用谢 |
[12:00] | Now you could make me feel better. | 现在轮到你来伺候我啦 |
[12:04] | I’ll get you the lotion. | 我来给你拿乳液 |
[12:05] | – All right. – Right back. Lotion rub. | -好的 -一会儿搓澡伺候 |
[12:15] | Ooh, batman. What do you think? | 蝙蝠侠 你觉得如何 |
[12:17] | We did batman two years ago. | 两年前玩过了 |
[12:19] | Does he like G.I. Joe? | 他喜欢特种部队吗 |
[12:21] | His friend had a G.I. Joe party last month. | 他朋友上月刚办了一个特种部队的聚会 |
[12:23] | Well, I know he likes spongebob. | 好吧 我知道他喜欢海绵宝宝 |
[12:26] | He loves spongebob. We did that last year. | 他是喜欢 但是去年玩过了 |
[12:30] | Maybe I should have asked for the list of things | 也许我该问问 |
[12:31] | That you’ve already done. | 你们已经玩过什么了 |
[12:33] | You wanted to come here. It was your idea. | 你想来的 这是你的主意 |
[12:35] | Well, he’s my kid. | 他是我的孩子 |
[12:38] | I want to plan his party. I want to be a part of this. | 我想策划他的派对 想参与其中 |
[12:41] | How about this? Baseball. Think it’d be cute? | 这个如何 棒球 肯定很可爱 |
[12:44] | – Yeah, okay. – Yeah? | -好的 可以 -可以 |
[12:46] | Yeah, Bravermans love baseball. | 布雷弗曼人都喜欢棒球 |
[12:47] | – Great. – Okay. | -很好 -好的 |
[12:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:50] | Paper plates and utensils. About a dozen. | 还有纸盘和餐具 要一打 |
[12:52] | Okay, wait, a dozen? | 好的 等等 要一打 |
[12:53] | That’s not even gonna cover my family. | 那还不够我家人用的 |
[12:57] | Wait a minute. | 等一下 |
[12:58] | Are you saying my family’s not invited? | 难道你的意思是不邀请我家人 |
[13:00] | You’ve seen my apartment. It’s tiny. | 你知道我的公寓 很小 |
[13:02] | Yeah, well, they’re his family too. | 但是他们也是他的家人 |
[13:05] | Okay, so how about you invite four from your family? | 行 那么你家请四个怎样 |
[13:08] | I’ll just–like survivor. I’ll just pick four. | 就像玩《生存者》似的 我就只选四个 |
[13:12] | All right, how many people from your family are going? | 行 那你家那边要去多少人 |
[13:14] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[13:15] | What do you mean, you don’t know? | 你不知道是什么意思 |
[13:18] | I don’t know. Like, 10, maybe 15. | 还不清楚 十个吧 或者十五个 |
[13:21] | Oh, just 10 or 15. | 只来十个或者十五个 |
[13:25] | Fine. Just, will you promise me | 好吧 那你能不能答应我 |
[13:28] | That we’re gonna have an Ace theme party | 我们办王牌主题派对 |
[13:30] | And not a giants? | 不要巨人 |
[13:32] | – Ace? – Yeah. | -王牌吗 -对 |
[13:34] | Step aside. | 闪开 |
[13:39] | This is gonna get ugly. | 这肯定好看不了 |
[13:42] | Sydney is a great kid. | 西德尼这孩子很不错 |
[13:44] | She is playful and cooperative. | 她爱玩也愿意合作 |
[13:47] | What’s wrong with her? Is something wrong with her? | 她怎么了 她有什么问题吗 |
[13:49] | – Julia, just… – I wouldn’t say wrong. | -茱莉亚 -我觉得这不能算是问题 |
[13:53] | She doesn’t test in the normal range. | 她的检测结果不在正常范围内 |
[14:00] | Sydney is gifted. | 西德尼很有天赋 |
[14:04] | – I’m sorry. What? – She’s… | -不好意思 你说什么 -她很… |
[14:06] | She tests way above average intelligence for her age. | 她的测试结果远远高于同龄儿童的水平 |
[14:10] | Her issues in school are probably coming from boredom. | 她在学校出的问题可能是因为无聊所致 |
[14:13] | So you have to make sure that she’s in an environment | 所以你们要确保让她处于 |
[14:16] | Where she is being challenged. | 充满挑战的环境里 |
[14:17] | Something that you’ll have to monitor over time, | 也就是说 你们要时刻监督 |
[14:20] | And something that, as parents, you have to be aware of, pay close attention to. | 作为父母要意识到 要密切关注 |
[14:25] | – I think we can do that. – Good. | -我想我们能做到 -那太好了 |
[14:27] | We’re driving in the slowest lane. | 我们在最慢的车道上 |
[14:29] | What are we doing, about 30? | 时速三十 我们干嘛呢 |
[14:30] | – Hey, I’m driving. – Not very well. | -我在开车 -不是太好 |
[14:31] | You’re driving in the slowest lane. | 你在最慢的车道上开车 |
[14:33] | Do you remember the trip to the grand canyon? | 你记得上次的大峡谷之旅吗 |
[14:35] | Yeah. It was a good time. | 当然 那是一段美好时光 |
[14:36] | Yeah. Remember, you vomited all over your mother’s head? | 记得吧 你吐了你妈一脑袋 |
[14:40] | You know what, dad, that wasn’t me. | 爸爸 那个人不是我 |
[14:42] | That was Crosby. | 那是克罗斯比 |
[14:43] | All right. Well, go ahead and deny it. | 好吧 继续否认吧 |
[14:46] | You know, I had a little confrontation with the kid, | 我最近跟那孩子有点矛盾 |
[14:47] | And maybe I was a little hard on him. | 也许是我对他要求太严苛了 |
[14:49] | I’m not sure. Scared the hell out of him. | 我也不太清楚 把他吓到了 |
[14:51] | Do you think they caught the zodiac killer? | 你觉得他们抓到十二宫杀手[美国连环杀手]了吗 |
[14:53] | Move over. We got a lane open. | 换个车道 可以走这个车道 |
[14:55] | – You know what… – dad, dad, dad. | -知道吗 -爸 爸 爸 |
[14:57] | How’s the sex life? | 性生活怎么样 |
[14:59] | My sex life is fine. Why? | 我的性生活还好 怎么这么问 |
[15:01] | That’s not what I’m hearing. | 我听到的可不是这样 |
[15:02] | You learned to have sex in Vietnam? | 你是在越南学会房事的 |
[15:04] | Yeah, basically. Well, I was a kid, you know? | 差不多是 当时我还是个孩子 |
[15:06] | I mean, gosh, those girls could teach you so much, you know. | 我是说 那些女孩子有好多能教的 |
[15:09] | Just…I was ready to learn. | 只是…我做好学习的准备了 |
[15:10] | She’s not having orgasms? | 她没有性高潮吗 |
[15:12] | So you were okay? It was all Kristina’s fault? | 你没问题 问题出在克利斯蒂娜身上吗 |
[15:14] | Cause the Bravermans, you know, the Braverman men, | 你是布雷弗曼家的 布雷弗曼家男人 |
[15:17] | You know what I’m saying. | 你知道我的意思吧 |
[15:18] | We’re strong in the sexual department, son. | 儿子 我们在性方面实力雄厚 |
[15:20] | Is this embarrassing to you? | 这个话题让你觉得尴尬了吗 |
[15:21] | Yeah. Yeah, it is a little bit. | 有点儿 |
[15:23] | – I’m gonna tickle you. – Get off. | -我要挠你痒痒喽 -别闹 |
[15:25] | Is this why you wanted to come out here and take this drive? | 这就是你要我开车来这里的原因吗 |
[15:28] | Because you wanted to talk about this? | 因为你想跟我谈这个问题 |
[15:29] | No, there’s something I want to show you… | 不是 我有东西想让你看 |
[15:31] | Do you want to tell me what it is you’re gonna show me? | 你打算告诉我要给我看什么吗 |
[15:33] | No, I don’t. I want to keep it as a surprise. | 不想 我想给你个惊喜 |
[15:35] | It’s gonna be very exciting. | 会很激动人心的 |
[15:36] | Now I got to pee. | 现在我想去尿尿 |
[15:38] | How about a rest stop? | 找个休息停车点吧 |
[15:38] | What are you, five years old? | 多大了你 刚五岁啊 |
[15:39] | How do you unscrew this thing? | 这东西怎么拧开 |
[15:41] | Don’t pee in the cup. I’ll pull over up here. | 别在杯子里尿 我把车停下 |
[15:55] | Who’s there? | 谁在那 |
[15:56] | Hey, Miss Braverman. | 你好 布雷弗曼小姐 |
[15:58] | What are you doing here? Are you kidding me? | 你在这干嘛 开什么玩笑 |
[16:00] | If my father sees you… | 要是让我爸爸看到你… |
[16:01] | He hinted that I should wash up, | 他暗示我说 我该洗洗了 |
[16:03] | But then I saw these plants that needed attention. | 然后我看见了这些需要被关心的植物 |
[16:05] | Damien, listen, you seem like a, you know, an okay guy, | 达米安听着 你像个不错的小伙子 |
[16:10] | But Amber’s from a broken home. | 但是安博来自一个离异的家庭 |
[16:13] | Do you know what that means? | 你知道这意味着什么吗 |
[16:15] | She doesn’t know a serious relationship from a sandwich yet, | 她还不明白认真的两性关系源于日常生活 |
[16:17] | And the point is | 关键是 |
[16:20] | I want her to focus on herself, | 我想要她专注在自己身上 |
[16:22] | On her future, school, maybe even college. | 她的未来 学校 甚至大学学业上 |
[16:24] | There’s an old expression. | 有句老话说 |
[16:26] | If you love someone, set them free. | 爱一个人 就给予自由 |
[16:29] | If they come back, they’re yours. | 若回到你身边 就是你的 |
[16:31] | If they don’t, they never were. | 若没有 你就从未曾拥有 |
[16:35] | You know what I mean? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[16:37] | It’s not that easy. | 说得容易 |
[16:40] | You’re right. | 你说的没错 |
[16:42] | It isn’t that easy. | 的确不容易 |
[16:47] | But it would really help her out. | 但真的能帮到她走出困境 |
[16:49] | Just for now, you know. | 就眼下 你明白 |
[16:57] | – I got this. – You got this. | -我来 -你来 |
[17:00] | – I got this. Okay. – I believe in you. | -我来 -我相信你 |
[17:04] | – Kristina. – How are you? | -克利斯蒂娜 -你好吗 |
[17:05] | I’m good. How are you? | 很好 你呢 |
[17:07] | I only have a minute. Can I come in? | 我时间不多 能进来吗 |
[17:08] | Oh, please. | 请进 |
[17:09] | How you doing today? | 今天怎么样 |
[17:11] | – I’m good. – Yeah? | -很好 -是吗 |
[17:12] | Yeah, thank you. We’re good. | 谢谢 我们很好 |
[17:13] | I just wanted to stop by and drop off a couple of books for you. | 我只是顺便过来 然后给你几本书 |
[17:17] | They were a real comfort to Adam and me. | 它们真的让亚当和我觉得安慰很多 |
[17:19] | And I also wanted to tell you the other day when you stopped by, | 我还想告诉你 那天你来我家的时候 |
[17:22] | I don’t think that I fully expressed to you | 我想我没有完全表达出 |
[17:24] | How I feel about you and Sydney and your family. | 我对西德尼和你们家的感受 |
[17:27] | And I just– I want you to know | 我只想让你知道 |
[17:28] | That you’re with us in our hearts. | 在我们心中 你们和我们在一起 |
[17:31] | Thank you so much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[17:33] | We love you too, and, no, I knew that. | 我们也爱你们 我知道 |
[17:35] | – If you need any… – Yeah, Kristina… | -如果你们需要任何… -克利斯蒂娜 |
[17:45] | We– as soon as we hear anything… | 我们一得到任何消息… |
[17:48] | – You’ll call me. – I will call you. | -你就打电话给我 -我就打电话给你 |
[17:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:51] | We don’t know yet, so… | 我们还不知道结果嘛 所以 |
[17:52] | We’ll see. | 看看再说 |
[17:54] | – I gotta run. – Okay, great. | -我得走了 -好的 |
[17:56] | You have a good day. | 过得愉快哦 |
[17:57] | Okay, thanks. You too. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[17:59] | Bye. | 再见 |
[18:02] | – I’ll call you later. – Okay. | -回头给你打电话 -没问题 |
[18:06] | You were so strong. | 你那时说得太真了 |
[18:10] | I thought she took that rather well. | 我想她还真信了你的话 |
[18:15] | She just went out with Damien | 她就这样跟达米安出去了 |
[18:17] | And didn’t even bother to lie about it. | 甚至都懒得骗我 |
[18:18] | That’s good, right? | 那很好 不是吗 |
[18:20] | No, it’s not good. | 不好 才不好呢 |
[18:21] | In this context, it shows a complete lack of respect. | 当前状况下 显得完全没有尊重 |
[18:24] | Sweetie, you can’t live their life for them. | 宝贝 你不能替她们活 |
[18:29] | Really. The best you can do is | 真的 你能做的只有 |
[18:32] | Help them avoid making some of the mistakes you made. | 帮他们避免犯你犯过的一些错误 |
[18:36] | That’s about it. | 仅此而已 |
[18:36] | I failed at that already. | 这一点我已经完全失败了 |
[18:39] | You haven’t. | 你没有 |
[18:40] | Why didn’t I just let dad kill him? | 我干嘛不干脆让爸爸杀了他算了 |
[18:41] | I’m out here | 我出来 |
[18:42] | Quoting “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” like an idiot. | 像傻子一样引用《海鸥乔纳森》里的句子 |
[18:45] | You were obsessed with that book. | 你看那本书看上瘾了 |
[18:47] | And Amber liked it too, didn’t she? | 安博也很喜欢 不是吗 |
[18:51] | Why does she hate me, mom? | 妈 她为什么讨厌我 |
[18:54] | Daughters hate their mothers. | 女儿讨厌妈妈 |
[18:57] | I think it’s a law of nature. | 我想这是自然规律 |
[18:59] | But you know what? Then they come back. | 但是知道吗 她们会回到你身边的 |
[19:11] | Sarah… | 莎拉… |
[19:15] | You’re my best one. | 你是我最好的孩子 |
[19:18] | Maybe not my best one, but you’re the one that I… | 可能不是最优秀的 但你是… |
[19:23] | Most identify with. | 和我最像的孩子 |
[19:31] | Not perfect Adam? | 不是完美亚当吗 |
[19:33] | No. | 不是 |
[19:35] | You’re the brave one. | 你是最勇敢的一个 |
[19:37] | You take risks. | 你不怕冒险 |
[19:40] | You always took a chance. | 你愿意冒险 |
[19:43] | You declared your independence pretty early on, | 你在很小的时候就宣布独立 |
[19:46] | And you went for it. | 然后你就那么做了 |
[19:51] | You have to honor that person. | 你应该尊敬那个人 |
[19:54] | That you are. | 那个如此勇敢的你 |
[19:56] | ’cause I do. | 我尊敬她 |
[20:02] | I mean, maybe I never said it | 我的意思是 或许我从来没说过 |
[20:04] | In, you know, those exact words before, | 你知道 没明说过 |
[20:07] | But… | 可… |
[20:14] | Sweetie, it’s gonna be okay. | 宝贝 会没事的 |
[20:19] | Sweetie. | 宝贝 |
[20:23] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[20:34] | Think about this. If you buy it, | 想想看 如果你买了这里 |
[20:35] | How long are you gonna have to hang on to it | 你得花多久时间 |
[20:37] | Before it pays off? | 才能还清贷款 |
[20:39] | That’s the great thing, son, is | 好就好在这里 儿子 |
[20:41] | I already own it. | 这里已经是我的了 |
[20:43] | Then what do you need me for? | 那你还需要我做什么 |
[20:45] | Look, before I do anything else with it, | 听着 在我打算拿它做些什么前 |
[20:47] | I was thinking what a great opportunity this would be for you, | 我在想这对你来说会是个好机会 |
[20:50] | You know, for your company, right? | 对你的公司来说 不是吗 |
[20:52] | A new manufactory and a factory, | 一个新的制造厂 一个工厂 |
[20:54] | You know, that sort of thing. | 就是那一类的东西 |
[20:55] | And I was thinking that your company | 而且我在想你的公司 |
[20:58] | Could buy it from me for a price… | 可以出钱买下这里… |
[21:01] | Adam, when it comes back, | 亚当 等经济好起来 |
[21:03] | This place is gonna be untouchable. | 这里想买都想不到 |
[21:05] | It’s gonna be a great investment opportunity. | 这会是个绝佳的投资机会 |
[21:08] | Who the hell, you know, wants to build a factory | 哪个该死的会想要把厂子 |
[21:11] | In thailand or mexico? | 建在泰国或者墨西哥 |
[21:13] | I mean, come on. | 我是说 你看 |
[21:14] | You got the savings right here. | 你的钱都在美国 |
[21:15] | Plus, you can hire American workers. | 另外 你可以雇用美国工人 |
[21:18] | – Now you’re into that, right? – Yeah, definitely. | -现在你有兴趣了吧 -啊 绝对 |
[21:24] | Well, who owns the rest of the complex? | 好吧 这里剩下的部分归谁 |
[21:26] | – Office park. – Sorry. | -办公区 -什么 |
[21:28] | Other entities. | 其它公司 |
[21:29] | I mean, some of it’s in foreclosure. | 我的意思是 有一部分要被没收拍卖 |
[21:31] | That’s why the construction is stalled, | 所以这里的施工停止了 |
[21:32] | But I mean, come on, it’s still got– | 可是 你看 这里还是有… |
[21:34] | Still got plenty of advantages. | 还是有很多优势的 |
[21:36] | You still got that– the camera thing on your phone? | 你手机上还有那个 能照相的东西吗 |
[21:39] | Come on. | 很好 |
[21:41] | Why don’t you take some pictures, | 为什么不拍点照片呢 |
[21:42] | And right over here, | 这里的照片 |
[21:43] | You can take them back to the office | 你可以带回公司 |
[21:44] | And discuss it amongst yourselves | 你们好好考虑考虑 |
[21:46] | And all of that, right? | 所有这些 |
[21:47] | I mean, adam, son, | 我是说 亚当 儿子 |
[21:48] | you’re looking at some raw space. | 你现在看到的是一处未开发的地方 |
[21:50] | – Definitely raw space. – All right? | -绝对未开发过 -可以吗 |
[21:52] | – You get it? – Yup. | -你明白了吗 -明白了 |
[21:56] | That goes right on this wall here. | 那个挂在这边 |
[22:00] | I thought you said put it here. | 我以为你说挂这边 |
[22:02] | So? I want that here. | 所以 我想把那个挂这边 |
[22:07] | So you just want to have two things hanging here | 所以你是想要在这边挂两个 |
[22:11] | – And then nothing over there? – Yup. | -然后那边什么都没有 -对 |
[22:12] | That’s how your family does it? | 这是你家传统吗 |
[22:14] | How my fam– wait, what are you, | 我家 等等 你谁呀 |
[22:16] | The party expert now? | 派对专家吗 |
[22:18] | How many parties have you thrown? | 你办过几次派对 |
[22:20] | Whose fault is that? | 那是谁的错 |
[22:22] | We are not gonna go there right now. | 我现在不想和你说那些 |
[22:24] | No, we’re doing this right now. | 不 我们现在就说清楚 |
[22:25] | No, we’re not gonna do this right now. | 不 现在不是讨论那个的时候 |
[22:26] | Listen to me. | 听着 |
[22:27] | You robbed me of five years of my son’s life. | 你夺走了我和儿子五年的相处时间 |
[22:30] | What gave you the right to do that? | 谁给你权利那么做 |
[22:35] | I’m decorating, | 我在挂彩带 |
[22:36] | And I’m seeing pictures of him all over the place, | 我看到这里摆满了他的照片 |
[22:38] | And that’s all I’m ever gonna see of him At this age. | 那些小时候的他 我永远都看不到了 |
[22:40] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[22:41] | You should have called me back | 你应该回我电话 |
[22:42] | Because I called you three times, four times, | 因为我打给你三次 四次 |
[22:44] | And you never called me back. | 而你从来没回过电话 |
[22:45] | What was I supposed to do? | 我还能怎么做 |
[22:47] | You know, leave me a– | 你可以 给我留个… |
[22:49] | Leave a message on your answering machine? | 给你在电话答录机上留言 |
[22:50] | “Hey, Crosby, it’s Jasmine. | “嘿 克罗斯比 我是贾斯敏 |
[22:51] | I’m pregnant. Call me back.” | 我怀孕了 打给我” |
[22:52] | Anything would have been better than what you did. | 怎么样都比你做的好 |
[22:54] | You know what, after the third call, | 知道吗 打了第三个电话以后 |
[22:56] | I realized I didn’t want you to call back. | 我发现自己并不想你回电话 |
[22:58] | I had this big, serious thing to do– | 我有这件重要而严肃的事情要做… |
[23:02] | Have a baby and raise that baby, | 生一个孩子把他养大 |
[23:04] | And what I didn’t need | 我不需要的是 |
[23:05] | Was some flaky guy in the picture. | 某个疯疯癫癫的男人出现在我生活里 |
[23:07] | It’s my son. | 那是我的儿子 |
[23:09] | You don’t get to just make those decisions. | 你不应该那么决定 |
[23:11] | What do you mean I don’t get– | 你说我不应该是什么意思 |
[23:12] | That’s my son too. I gave birth to him, okay? | 那也是我的儿子 是我生的他 好吗 |
[23:15] | All of a sudden, now you want to play daddy? | 现在你突然想扮演爸爸了 |
[23:17] | What kind of father takes his son on a play date | 什么样的爸爸会带他儿子出去玩 |
[23:19] | And leaves them with a stranger in a pool? | 然后把他和一个陌生人留在泳池里 |
[23:21] | It’s not a stranger. It was a lifeguard. | 那不是陌生人 是救生员 |
[23:25] | This is his party. I’m his dad. | 这是他的派对 我是他的爸爸 |
[23:26] | My family is his family. | 我的家人就是他的家人 |
[23:28] | I want his cousins and his aunts and his uncles here. | 我想要他的表哥 姑姑 伯伯参加 |
[23:31] | They have a right to be here. | 他们有权来这儿 |
[23:35] | I’m talking to you. | 我在和你说话 |
[23:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:41] | You–you need to know that, um, | 你…你得知道 |
[23:45] | my family Isn’t exactly inclined towards you. | 我的家人其实不怎么喜欢你 |
[23:50] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[23:51] | Well, my father abandoned us, | 我爸爸抛弃了我们 |
[23:54] | and they think you’re– | 所以他们认为你… |
[23:57] | You did just, like, the same thing. | 你和他一样 |
[23:58] | I didn’t know that I had a kid. | 我以前不知道我有个孩子 |
[24:00] | How is that similar? | 这和你爸哪里像了 |
[24:01] | They don’t know that. | 他们不知道那点 |
[24:04] | Wait, they think that I knew about jabbar | 等等 他们以为我知道乔巴 |
[24:08] | And that I just blew him off? | 然后我抛弃了他 |
[24:10] | It didn’t seem to matter. | 我当时觉得无所谓 |
[24:12] | I didn’t think you’d ever be back in his life again. | 我没想过你还会再次出现 |
[24:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[24:17] | Just invite everyone. Have them all come. | 把他们都请来 让他们都来吧 |
[24:23] | We’ll manage. | 我们能行的 |
[24:25] | I have to admit I like when you screw up, kind of. | 我得承认我喜欢你搞砸的时候 |
[24:28] | It makes me feel like we’re a little bit more… | 那让我觉得我们更加… |
[24:34] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:37] | Hold up. | 等等 |
[24:39] | What are you doing? This is on me. | 你做什么 我买单 |
[24:40] | Dad, I can pay for my own room. | 爸 我可以付我那间房 |
[24:41] | Two rooms? Come on. That’s crazy. | 两间房 拜托 太奢侈了 |
[24:45] | Two double beds? | 有标准间吗 |
[24:49] | You have lovely eyes, by the way. | 顺便说一句 你的眼睛真美 |
[24:52] | – Thank you. – What’s your name? | -谢谢 -你叫什么名字 |
[24:53] | Manisha. | 玛妮莎 |
[24:54] | Manisha. Can you say that? | 玛妮莎 你会说吗 |
[25:02] | Oh, no, no, no, no, no. | 哦 不 不 不 |
[25:04] | Ice road truckers. Come on. | 看《冰路前行》 快点 |
[25:07] | Hey, dad, can we just pause with theTV for a second? | 爸 能关一会儿电视吗 |
[25:10] | I just want you to tell me what’s going on. | 我希望你告诉我怎么回事 |
[25:11] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:13] | With this property. | 那处房产 |
[25:15] | You know, that place, it’s not a great investment. | 你知道 那个地方 不是个好投资 |
[25:18] | I wish I thought it was. | 我希望我能说它是 |
[25:19] | And you’re a great salesman, | 你是个高明的推销员 |
[25:21] | But I don’t think you believe it is either. | 但我不认为长远来看 |
[25:23] | Long-term it is. | 你会认为它是个好投资 |
[25:25] | All right, well, then, hold on to it. | 那好 等着吧 |
[25:30] | I can’t, sonny. | 我不能等 乖儿子 |
[25:34] | Why not? | 为什么不能 |
[25:35] | You’re my first born son. | 你是我第一个儿子 |
[25:41] | I never wanted to go to you for anything. | 我从没想过要向你要什么 |
[25:44] | I give to you. | 我为你付出 |
[25:46] | Especially now, I mean, with Max. | 特别是现在 我是说 马克斯的事 |
[25:49] | – How bad is it? – It’s bad. | -有多糟 -很糟 |
[25:52] | I saw this opportunity. | 当时我看到的是机会 |
[25:55] | I mean, how the hell was I supposed to know | 我是说 我该死的怎么会知道 |
[25:57] | There was gonna be a bubble? | 会有泡沫经济 |
[25:59] | I had to take a second out on the house | 我当时不得不二次抵押了房子 |
[26:01] | So I could grab it, and then all hell broke loose. | 才能抓住机会买下 然后就一团混乱了 |
[26:04] | Pops. | 变成垃圾了 |
[26:06] | Well, I mean, the country’s in the toilet. | 我的意思是 全国经济都很糟 |
[26:08] | – It’s not just me. – Yeah, I know. I know. | -不止是我 -我知道 我知道 |
[26:14] | Look, you have great instincts. | 听着 你有敏锐的直觉 |
[26:16] | It’s just–like you said, it’s just timing like you said. | 只是 就像你说的 只是时机不对 |
[26:19] | – You know? – Yeah. | -你知道吗 -是的 |
[26:20] | Bad timing. | 时机不佳而已 |
[26:22] | Okay, now, look at it. | 好吧 你看 |
[26:25] | Now listen here. | 听着 |
[26:29] | Do you think there’s any chance at all | 你觉得有可能把它 |
[26:31] | With your company? | 卖给你们公司吗 |
[26:33] | Dad, I said I will talk to them. | 爸 我说了我会跟他们说说 |
[26:34] | I will talk to them. | 我会说的 |
[26:35] | And you show ’em the pictures, | 给他们看照片 |
[26:37] | And you tell’em that it’s… Raw space. | 告诉他们那是块 未开发的地方 |
[26:38] | I got it. Raw space. | 记住了 未开发的地方 |
[26:41] | That’s all I can do. | 我只能做这些了 |
[26:48] | What does this mean? | 这意味着什么 |
[26:50] | Does this mean you might lose the house? | 你会因此失去房子吗 |
[26:53] | I mean, do you need to talk to my accountant? | 你需要跟我的会计师谈谈吗 |
[26:56] | I have an accountant, Adam. | 我有会计师 亚当 |
[26:59] | I’m just trying to help. | 我只是想帮帮忙 |
[27:00] | Yeah, I know. It’s serious. | 恩 我知道 情况很严重 |
[27:02] | I mean, would we be here | 要是不严重的话 |
[27:05] | If it wasn’t serious? Come on. | 我们也不会到这来了 |
[27:07] | Serious. | 很严重 |
[27:10] | Does anybody else know about this? | 还有谁知道这事吗 |
[27:13] | Have you told mom? | 你告诉妈妈了吗 |
[27:14] | Oh, I can’t tell her this. | 我没法告诉她 |
[27:16] | You have to tell– you can’t keep this from her. | 你得告诉她 你不能瞒着她 |
[27:22] | Look, I will talk to Gordon. | 听着 我会跟戈登谈谈 |
[27:25] | – Okay? – Yeah. | -行吗 -恩 |
[27:28] | But you have to tell mom. | 但是你得告诉妈妈 |
[27:32] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:40] | – Want to see my room? – Sandwich? | -想看看我的房间吗 -要三明治吗 |
[27:44] | Would you like a sandwich? No? | 你要不要三明治 不要吗 |
[27:46] | Sandwich? No? | 三明治 不要吗 |
[27:48] | Watching your figure? | 保持体形吗 |
[27:50] | Hey, Crosby. I’d like you to meet some people. | 克罗斯比 我给你介绍一下 |
[27:53] | This is my brother Sekou. | 这是我哥哥塞科 |
[27:55] | Oh, great. | 太好了 |
[28:01] | And this is my– my mother Renee. | 这是我妈妈蕾妮 |
[28:04] | – Hi. – Yes. | -你好 -你好 |
[28:06] | Mom, this is Crosby. | 妈妈 这是克罗斯比 |
[28:08] | So nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[28:09] | Well, so nice to meet you, Crosby. | 真高兴能见到你 克罗斯比 |
[28:11] | -Sheila, could you help me? – Yeah, um… | -希拉 你能帮我… -好的 |
[28:21] | Who are all these white people? | 这些白人都是谁呀 |
[28:24] | The cirque du soleil? | 太阳马戏团 |
[28:26] | We did see one of those, but– | 我们去看了一场演出 但是… |
[28:30] | It’s a houseboat. | 我有一个船屋 |
[28:31] | There’s actually a bedroom and a living room | 有一个卧室 一个起居室 |
[28:32] | And a kitchen. It’s pretty comfortable. | 和一个厨房 很舒服 |
[28:35] | Well, that’s an interesting choice. | 真是有趣的选择 |
[28:39] | Sekou. That’s a beautiful name. | 塞科 名字真美 |
[28:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:43] | You named him after sekou tarunga, | 我猜 他的名字是取自塞科·陶兰加吗 |
[28:45] | The african independence leader, I assume. | 非洲独立领袖 |
[28:48] | Now how did you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[28:49] | Berkeley in the ’60s, babe. | 60年代上的伯克利 小妞儿 |
[28:51] | Oh, I hear that. | 我听说过 |
[28:53] | You know what, I’m sorry, this is weird. | 不好意思 这太别扭了 |
[28:57] | I know you’re trying and all that stuff, | 我知道你在努力 |
[28:59] | But where have you been, dude? | 但是你早干嘛去了 老兄 |
[29:02] | Um, I wish I had been here. | 我希望之前我也在这里 |
[29:04] | Yeah, that’s your loss. | 没错 那是你的损失 |
[29:05] | Yeah. No one knows that more than me. | 是呀 没人比我更清楚了 |
[29:07] | You know, I’m just glad I get to be in his life now | 我很高兴现在能成为他生活的一部分 |
[29:09] | And hopefully be a role model. | 甚至成为他的榜样 |
[29:11] | He has a role model, Crosby. | 他有榜样 克罗斯比 |
[29:13] | I’ve been here since the day he was born. | 从他出生那天起我就在他身边 |
[29:15] | – Sekou. – No, I’m just telling him how it was. | -塞科 -我只是告诉他事实 |
[29:18] | I drove him back from the hospital. | 我开车把他接出医院 |
[29:19] | I stood at his christening. Huh? | 我参加了他的洗礼仪式 |
[29:22] | Look, I moved apartments just to be closer to him. | 为了离他近一些 我搬了家 |
[29:25] | I’m gonna go get the cake. | 我要去拿蛋糕 |
[29:26] | Sekou, would you help me? | 塞科 你能帮我一下吗 |
[29:28] | No, I’m telling him how it was, mom. | 不 我得告诉他 妈妈 |
[29:30] | I would like to say something if I may. | 我能说句话吗 |
[29:32] | Dad. | 爸 |
[29:32] | Are there any more of those little corn muffins? | 还有那种玉米松饼吗 |
[29:34] | You seem to have a wonderful family. | 看起来你有个很棒的家庭 |
[29:36] | I’ve met you, and I like you all, | 我见到了你们 我喜欢你们 |
[29:38] | But why are you treating my son | 但是你们为什么像对贱民一样 |
[29:40] | Like he’s a pariah? | 对待我的儿子呢 |
[29:43] | The only reason I can think of is because he’s white. | 我能想到的唯一原因是因为他是个白人 |
[29:44] | Dad! | 爸 |
[29:46] | Grandpa, no one– | 爷爷 没有人… |
[29:47] | We think he has tourette’s. | 他有图雷特综合症[会有声音抽动] |
[29:50] | He didn’t mean that the way that it sounds. | 他不是那个意思 |
[29:52] | Stating the obvious. | 实话实说 |
[29:53] | You know, maybe it’s because he’s irresponsible. | 也许是因为他不负责任 |
[29:56] | Renee, that is not my understanding. | 蕾妮 我不这么认为 |
[30:00] | Well, there’s a five-year-old little boy here | 一个五岁的孩子在这 |
[30:02] | That he hasn’t seen for five years. | 可他从没来看过他 |
[30:05] | Um, Zeek, I think I understand | 奇克 我知道 |
[30:09] | What you’re trying to say. | 你要说什么 |
[30:10] | Everyone here is upset with Crosby | 他们对克罗斯比不满是因为 |
[30:13] | Because they feel that he abandoned jabbar and me. | 他们觉得是他抛弃了乔巴和我 |
[30:18] | But he didn’t. | 但是他没有 |
[30:19] | What? | 什么 |
[30:22] | I never told him | 我没告诉他 |
[30:24] | About his son. | 他有个儿子 |
[30:27] | – You what? – Wow. | -你说什么 -天啊 |
[30:29] | Uh, it was just, um, | 对我来说 |
[30:31] | easier For me to lie to all of you | 对你们撒谎更简单些 |
[30:35] | And let you believe that he was just like dad. | 让你们相信 他跟爸爸一样 |
[30:40] | Easier for who, you or Jabbar? | 对谁更简单 对你 还是对乔巴 |
[30:45] | Look, um, you know, I was the one | 是我自己决定 |
[30:49] | That chose to have this baby | 留下这个孩子 |
[30:51] | And not let his father know. | 不告诉他的爸爸 |
[30:54] | It was me. It was me. | 是我 是我 |
[30:56] | And I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[30:58] | But if you’re gonna be mad at anyone, | 要是你们非得冲谁发火 |
[31:00] | Just be mad at me. | 就冲我发火吧 |
[31:01] | Don’t be mad at him. | 别冲着他 |
[31:06] | Is it time for cake? | 该吃蛋糕了吗 |
[31:09] | Oh, buddy, is it ever. | 小伙子 当然啦 |
[31:10] | Yeah, let’s eat cake now. | 是呀 吃蛋糕啦 |
[31:12] | Maybe grandpa Zeek can help us cut the cake. | 奇克爷爷可以帮我们切蛋糕 |
[31:14] | I’m on top of it, Renee, I must say. | 没问题 有我呢 蕾妮 |
[31:26] | Is this too much mayonnaise still? | 蛋黄酱是不是太多了 |
[31:28] | – No. – Never too much. | -不 -永远也不会太多 |
[31:30] | Excuse me, by the way, why wasn’t Amber there today? | 顺便问句 安博今天怎么没去 |
[31:32] | – Um, she… – She was studying. | –她… -她在学习 |
[31:35] | Oh, well, I think she should have been there. | 我觉得她应该去 |
[31:37] | Sorry. Yeah. | 抱歉 是呀 |
[31:38] | Did you talk to mom yet? | 你告诉妈妈了吗 |
[31:40] | Hey, sonny, I told you I would talk to her. | 儿子 我说了我会告诉她的 |
[31:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:47] | – Kristina. – Hey. | -克利斯蒂娜 -你好 |
[31:49] | Um, I’m returning this. I read it three times. | 书还给你 我读了三遍 |
[31:52] | – You did? – I did. | -是吗 -是呀 |
[31:54] | -I did. – Was it helpful? | -我读了 -有用吗 |
[31:55] | – Yeah. – It’s helpful, right? | -是呀 -很有用 对吧 |
[31:57] | I had no idea what you guys were facing. | 我真不知道你们要面对这么多 |
[31:58] | I wanted you to know also, | 我还想让你知道 |
[32:01] | Just, Joel and I both, we were so moved | 你们向我们伸出援手 |
[32:03] | By the way that you reached out, | 让乔尔和我都很感动 |
[32:05] | – And thank you for that, so… – Oh, my gosh. | -谢谢你们 -天啊 |
[32:06] | Are you kidding me? You would do the same. | 别说了 你们也会这样做的 |
[32:07] | -It’s fine. – Yeah. Thank you. | -没什么的 -恩 谢谢 |
[32:09] | How is sydney? Is she good? | 西德尼怎么样了 她没事吧 |
[32:10] | She’s good, yeah. | 她没事 |
[32:12] | We–we got the test results, and he said that | 我们拿到结果了 他说 |
[32:17] | Her trouble’s stemming from boredom in school, | 她的问题是学校的无聊引起的 |
[32:19] | And she tested gifted. | 她的测验结果是很有天赋 |
[32:25] | Gifted. | 有天赋 |
[32:26] | That’s great. | 太好了 |
[32:28] | That’s–what am I– that’s really great. | 那真是…我说吧 真是太好了 |
[32:31] | -That’s amazing. – Yeah. | -太棒了 -是呀 |
[32:32] | I was embarrassed to tell you that. | 告诉你这个很尴尬 |
[32:35] | – Julia, no. – I’m sorry. | -茱莉亚 别这样 -对不起 |
[32:36] | – That is amazing. – Thanks. | -太棒了 -谢谢 |
[32:38] | That’s wonderful. I’m happy for you and her. | 好极了 我真为你们高兴 |
[32:40] | -That’s great. – Hey, I’m going out. | -太好了 -我要出去一下 |
[32:42] | So I’ll see you later, okay? | 回头聊 好吗 |
[32:44] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[32:47] | Bye, honey. | 再见 亲爱的 |
[32:55] | We missed ya at the party. | 你错过生日派对了 |
[32:57] | – How was it? – It was fun. | -怎么样 -很有意思 |
[32:59] | It was good. | 很好 |
[32:59] | I saved you a piece of cake. | 我给你留了一块蛋糕 |
[33:00] | That’s nice. Thanks. | 真好 谢谢 |
[33:01] | I’ll have it when I get back. | 我回来再吃 |
[33:03] | Oh, no, take it with you. It’s a paper plate. | 不要 带上它 是个纸盘 |
[33:04] | That’s okay. I’ll have it when I get back. | 没事 我回来的时候再吃 |
[33:06] | Why won’t you take the cake? | 为什么不带上蛋糕 |
[33:07] | I don’t want to take the cake. | 我不想带蛋糕 |
[33:12] | I’m done trying to control you. | 我受够一直想要控制你 |
[33:14] | I–it doesn’t work. | 这根本没用 |
[33:18] | You know, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[33:19] | Are you? | 真的吗 |
[33:22] | Sometimes I’m not sure. | 有时候我不是很确定 |
[33:28] | I just don’t want us to be like this. | 我不想我们的关系变成这样 |
[33:30] | I love you so much. | 我太爱你了 |
[33:32] | I think I’ll just… | 我想我还是就… |
[33:36] | Try to get along with you | 试着与你和谐相处 |
[33:41] | And… | 还有… |
[33:43] | Trust you. | 信任你 |
[33:46] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:47] | Okay. | 好 |
[33:50] | I’m meeting Damien. He’s picking me up. | 我约了达米安 他来接我 |
[33:54] | Okay. | 行 |
[34:02] | – See you later. – See you later. | -回见 -回见 |
[34:23] | You look like a little baby. | 你就像个小宝宝 |
[34:25] | It’s all over your face. | 满脸都是 |
[34:39] | So, like, the other day, | 像是有一次 |
[34:40] | I got a “C” on this test that I was, like, sure that I had aced. | 我以为考得很好 结果却是个”C” |
[34:44] | – A “C”? – It was so weird. | -“C”吗 -很古怪吧 |
[34:45] | Well, I guess a “C”‘s better than a “D”, | 我想”C”总比”D”好 |
[34:47] | And you’ve had plenty of those, right? | 你已经有不少”D”了 对吧 |
[34:49] | Yeah, I guess. | 是 我想也是 |
[34:50] | You know, you could ace whatever you want, | 要知道 无论你想做什么 都能做好 |
[34:52] | But that stuff doesn’t really mean anything. | 不过那些东西毫无意义 |
[34:55] | I mean, after the electrical grid fails, | 我是说 当电网瘫痪 |
[34:57] | I mean, who’s gonna survive? | 谁能幸存 |
[34:59] | Someone who gets an “A” on a test | 是那些考试得”A”的 |
[35:02] | Or someone who’s been in the school of life? | 还是那些一辈子都呆在学校的呢 |
[35:06] | It’s all coming down, the whole world as we know it. | 我们所知的世界都将毁灭 |
[35:12] | Really? That’s what you think? | 真的吗 你是这样认为的吗 |
[35:15] | Yeah. I mean, I don’t know when. | 对 虽然我不知道什么时候 |
[35:18] | But I do know that what you get on a report card | 但我知道 成绩单上的东西 |
[35:21] | Is gonna seem pretty insignificant | 都将无关紧要 |
[35:23] | When you’re living off the land | 当你过着原始的生活 |
[35:25] | And fending off “Marooders.” | 防御”虐夺者” |
[35:29] | What did you say? | 你说什么 |
[35:31] | Marooders. | 虐夺者 |
[35:35] | But you know it’s marauders. | 但你知道应该是”掠夺者” |
[35:36] | Marooders. | 虐夺者 |
[35:37] | Mm. Marauders. | 是”掠夺者” |
[35:40] | – No one says that. – Mm, marauders. | -没人那么说 -掠夺者 |
[35:42] | – Okay? – Marauders. | -记住 -掠夺者 |
[35:44] | Eat this. | 尝尝这个 |
[35:52] | You didn’t tell me about your trip. | 你还没告诉我旅行的事 |
[35:54] | How’d it go? | 如何 |
[35:55] | Well, it was great. | 不错 |
[35:57] | Was our number one son helpful? | 我们的第一名儿子帮上忙了吗 |
[36:00] | Now, I will tell you something, that kid Adam | 现在 我要告诉你 亚当小子 |
[36:03] | Has got a great head for business. | 太有生意头脑了 |
[36:05] | Oh, you can settle an argument we were having now. | 现在 你能解决我们当初的争论了 |
[36:08] | I recalled the trips going to the grand canyon… | 我回想起了大峡谷之旅… |
[36:13] | Was it Adam or Crosby | 是亚当还是克洛斯比 |
[36:16] | That vomited on your head? | 吐在你头上了 |
[36:19] | It was Sarah. | 是莎拉 |
[36:21] | Boy, you really don’t remember, do you? | 天 你真的不记得了吗 |
[36:24] | Well, I mean, there was so much going on. | 我是说 发生太多事情了 |
[36:26] | You know, there’s been quite a background of information. | 要知道 情况太复杂了 |
[36:29] | I can’t keep track of all of it. | 我没法记住全部 |
[36:31] | Well, maybe that was because the vomit wasn’t dripping down your face. | 或许是因为呕吐物没流到你脸上的关系 |
[36:36] | You were too busy laughing. | 你光顾着笑了 |
[36:40] | Oh, you got to admit it was funny. | 你得承认很好笑 |
[36:48] | This is the way it went. | 事情是这样的 |
[36:49] | Julia got sick | 茱莉亚病了 |
[36:52] | And threw up in my hair. | 吐在我的头发上 |
[36:55] | She was screaming her little heart out. | 尖叫个不停 |
[36:58] | And I was trying to comfort her | 我忙着安慰她 |
[36:59] | While wiping puke out of my eyes. | 一边还要把眼睛里的呕吐物擦掉 |
[37:02] | You were too busy laughing to even think about helping. | 你就顾着笑 都想不起来要帮忙 |
[37:06] | You did me the big favor of pulling into a gas station. | 最大的帮助就是在加油站停车 |
[37:10] | While you were filling up the tank, I was in that… | 你加油的时候 我在那个… |
[37:15] | Disgusting bathroom trying to wash the vomit | 恶心的盥洗室的水龙头下 |
[37:19] | Out of my hair under the faucet in the sink. | 想要洗掉头发上的呕吐物 |
[37:33] | Millie, I never knew it upset you that much. | 米莉 我不知道那让你这么苦恼 |
[37:37] | Would you accept a belated apology? | 愿意接受迟来的道歉吗 |
[37:40] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:43] | Ha. Sure. | 当然 |
[37:53] | So what else about the trip? Anything? | 旅途中还有什么 |
[37:57] | Adam, he snores like a chainsaw, | 亚当的鼾声如电锯 |
[38:00] | But he’s not going to admit it. | 不过他不会承认的 |
[38:03] | What else can I tell you? | 还有什么呢 |
[38:10] | – Is he asleep? – Yeah. The eagle has landed. | -他睡着了吗 -是 黑鹰已降落 |
[38:13] | Thank god. I’m exhausted. | 谢天谢地 我累死了 |
[38:16] | Well… I found Sydney’s ball | 我在他枕头底下 |
[38:21] | Beneath his pillow. | 找到了西德尼的球 |
[38:23] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真的吗 -是 |
[38:25] | Oh, my god, she gave it to him? | 天 她把球给他了 |
[38:26] | No. He stole it from her. | 不 他从她那里偷的 |
[38:28] | – He stole it from her? – Uh-huh. | -他偷的吗 -是 |
[38:30] | – Are you sure? – Yeah. | -你确定吗 -是 |
[38:32] | Okay, honey, | 好吧 亲爱的 |
[38:33] | We have to call Julia and Joel. | 我们得给茱莉亚和乔尔打电话 |
[38:35] | Call them. Where’s the phone? | 给他们打电话 电话在哪里 |
[38:36] | Call them and what? Give it back? | 打电话又能怎样 还回去吗 |
[38:37] | – Yes. – Oh, screw that. | -是的 -得了吧 |
[38:38] | What? | 什么 |
[38:39] | Look, if she’s such a little genius, | 听着 若她是个小神童 |
[38:41] | She can make, you know, a thousand of ’em using cold fusion. | 她就能用冷核融合做上几千个 |
[38:43] | – Cold fusion? – Yeah. | -冷核融合吗 -对 |
[38:45] | Honey, you have to tell him that this is not okay. | 亲爱的 你得告诉他这样不对 |
[38:48] | He can’t just take things without asking. | 不能就这样问都不问就拿走 |
[38:49] | – Well, I did tell him. – Okay. Good. What did he say? | -我说了 -好吧 那么他怎么说 |
[38:51] | He said he asked her. | 他说他问过她了 |
[38:53] | – And? – And she said no. | -然后呢 -然后她说不行 |
[38:54] | – So he just stole it? – Mm-hmm. | -所以他就偷了 -是的 |
[39:02] | What’s so funny? | 什么事情那么好笑 |
[39:03] | – You are, buddy. – Is that my rubber band ball? | -你 小子 -那是我的橡皮筋球吗 |
[39:06] | I couldn’t find the rubber band ball | 你们的笑声吵醒我时 |
[39:09] | when you guys woke me up with the laughing. | 我找不到那个橡皮筋球 |
[39:10] | Why don’t you come in here? | 为何不过来 |
[39:12] | – Well, I asked her for it. – You did? | -我问她要来着 -你问了吗 |
[39:14] | You said I just had to ask. | 你说的 我问过就可以了 |
[39:16] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没这么说 |
[39:17] | You just said you can only have it if you ask her. | 你说的 问过她才能得到球 |
[39:22] | – But she has to say yes. – You never said that. | -但她得同意 -你从没那么说过 |
[39:25] | What you reading about? | 看什么书呢 |
[39:27] | Water scavenger beetle. | 水龟虫 |
[39:29] | Emerald click beetle. | 翡翠叩头虫 |
[39:31] | What’s your favorite beetle? | 哪个是你最喜欢的 |
[39:34] | – Hercules beetle. – Hercules beetle. | -巨犀金龟 -巨犀金龟 |
[39:40] | You know how much we love you, buddy? | 小子 你知道我们有多爱你 |
[39:42] | As much as I love beetles. | 就像我爱甲虫那样 |
[39:59] | What are you smiling about? | 你笑什么 |
[40:02] | Your family is intense. | 你的家人不太友好 |
[40:04] | You think? | 你这样认为吗 |
[40:05] | That’s saying a lot, coming from me. | 对我而言 意味着很多 |
[40:07] | Oh, yeah. | 是吗 |
[40:10] | Thanks for sticking up for me. | 谢谢你支持我 |
[40:13] | I know that wasn’t easy. | 我明白那样不容易 |
[40:15] | Yeah, well, I should have told ’em the truth a long time ago, you know. | 很久以前 我就该告诉他们真相 |
[40:25] | I think Jabbar had a good birthday party. | 乔巴的生日派对很棒 |
[40:27] | Yeah. Did you notice | 是啊 你注意到吗 |
[40:29] | That he had three pieces of cake? | 他吃了3块蛋糕 |
[40:31] | Did you notice | 有没有发现 |
[40:32] | that he went into a weird little sugar coma | 在吃第三块蛋糕的时候 |
[40:34] | At one point on the third slice | 他好像有点甜晕了 |
[40:36] | With, like, drool coming down | 像是 口水流下来 |
[40:38] | Mixed with the blue dye? | 和蓝色颜料混一起 |
[40:39] | Yes, I noticed that. | 对 我注意到了 |
[40:40] | He’s very cute, our son. | 他很可爱 我们的儿子 |
[40:45] | I think I’m falling in love. | 我想我恋爱了 |
[40:50] | With Jabbar. | 爱上了乔巴 |
[40:51] | – It’s okay. – Good. | -没事 -很好 |
[40:53] | – Oh, thank goodness. – Yeah. | -感谢上帝 -是啊 |
[40:54] | You look like you saw a ghost. | 你看上去像是见鬼了 |
[40:56] | Good. I was worried for a second. | 很好 我担心了一下 |
[41:03] | why don’t you… | 不如你… |
[41:07] | Why don’t you come join me in the living room? | 不如你和我一起来起居室 |
[41:16] | Okay. | 好的 |
[41:20] | I told Damien to go back. | 我让达米安回去了 |
[41:23] | It had absolutely nothing to do with you. | 和你完全没关系 |
[41:25] | I hope you’re happy. | 我希望你高兴 |