时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:12] | Crap | 倒霉 |
[00:17] | – Morning – Morning | -早上好 -早上好 |
[00:20] | Adam, I got to talk to you. | 亚当 我得跟你谈谈 |
[00:21] | I’m late, late for work. | 我晚了 上班要迟到了 |
[00:24] | If we’re still families, you wanna hear some news? | 我们是一家人吧 想听点新闻吗 |
[00:26] | Yeah, do you want some more | 想…你想来点..吗 |
[00:28] | Yes, I would love some. | 是的 我想来点 |
[00:29] | So much hospitality from your daughter. | 你女儿真好客 |
[00:31] | Where would she have learnt that from? | 她是从哪学来的呀 |
[00:33] | That you’ll be lecturing social conventions is a laugh. | 你来讲社会习俗真是太搞笑了 |
[00:36] | I have been killing myself all summer flying back and forth New York. | 这一个夏天来回飞纽约快把我折腾死了 |
[00:39] | Jasmine and Jabbar are visiting me. | 贾斯敏和乔巴要来看我了 |
[00:42] | – Great. -Right? | -好极了 -对吧 |
[00:42] | – wow, cool. – That’s so great. | -酷 -这太棒了 |
[00:43] | – When does that happen? – Friday. | -什么时候 -周五 |
[00:45] | – Crosby, Jabbar’s coming. – He is. | -克罗斯比 乔巴要来了 -是的 |
[00:47] | That’s so cool. Can I have a playdate with him? | 太酷了 我能跟他一起玩吗 |
[00:50] | – Yes. | -是的 |
[00:51] | I’m excited too. | 我也很激动 |
[00:52] | I know. I’m on fire. | 我知道 我太兴奋了 |
[00:53] | Let’s celebrate. How about a hug? | 我们庆祝下吧 拥抱一下怎样 |
[00:55] | You want to… | 你想要… |
[00:57] | You…Oddly beautiful stranger in the kitchen? | 你…这位厨房中的陌生美女 |
[01:02] | This is Gaby. | 这是盖比 |
[01:03] | Oh, famous Gaby. | 著名的盖比 |
[01:05] | Oh, I don’t know about that. | 我怎么没听说过 |
[01:06] | Oh, I’ll–I’ll help you. It’s social. | 我来帮你 这是社交 |
[01:08] | – I can get a sticker. – Oh, okay. | -我能得到一张贴纸 -好的 |
[01:10] | I don’t want to pass that up. | 我不想错过 |
[01:11] | Um, it’s kind of weird | 这很奇怪 |
[01:12] | That we haven’t met yet, don’t you think? | 我们竟然从来没见过 你说呢 |
[01:14] | Crosby, Crosby, Crosby, | 克罗斯比 克罗斯比 |
[01:15] | Crosby, Crosby, sit down. | 克罗斯比 克罗斯比 坐下 |
[01:17] | Maybe–maybe Jabbar could even, you know, have a sleepover. | 也许乔巴可以在这过夜 |
[01:19] | Are you good at sleepovers? | 你经常留人过夜吗 |
[01:21] | I’ve never– I’ve never had one before, | 我以前没留过人过夜 |
[01:23] | But it’s–it’s probably worth a lot of stickers, | 但是 这可能换到很多贴纸 |
[01:26] | Be–because it’s extremely social, right? | 因为这是很好的社交 对吧 |
[01:28] | Yeah, it is extremely social. | 对 这是很好的社交 |
[01:29] | Yes! Okay, okay. | 对 好 好 |
[01:31] | All right, then. | 那好 |
[01:32] | – Seven letters. – Moisten. | -7个字母 -Moisten |
[01:34] | Hey, ma. | 嗨 妈 |
[01:35] | Adam, your father’s in the barn. | 亚当 你爸爸在仓库 |
[01:36] | Listen, I got to get to work. I got a crisis. | 听着 我得去工作 我有急事 |
[01:38] | We’ve got a leak, and he’s gonna fix it himself. | 水管漏了 他要自己修 |
[01:41] | Oh, god. | 啊 天啊 |
[01:43] | Remember when he changed out the fuse box? | 记得上次他换保险丝盒吗 |
[01:45] | Three-alarm fire and $5,000 later… | 三次火灾报警以及5000美刀损失… |
[01:47] | Okay, all right, I’ll stop over on my way in, okay? | 好吧 我上班路来过去趟 好吗 |
[01:49] | Oh, thanks, sweetie. You’re the best. | 谢谢 亲爱的 你最棒 |
[01:53] | Zeek, why don’t you wait till Adam gets here? | 奇克 等亚当过来吧 |
[01:56] | Why would I wait for Adam to get here when I’m perfectly– | 我为什么要等亚当过来 我自己就 |
[01:59] | Because I asked you to. | 因为我让他过来 |
[02:00] | Camille, look, I’m not gonna be stopped | 卡米尔 听着 我不会被阻止修理 |
[02:02] | From fixing a leak in my own house | 我自己房子的漏水问题 |
[02:04] | Because some… | 仅仅因为一次… |
[02:10] | I hear you. | 我听到了 |
[02:12] | And I see you. | 我明白了 |
[02:16] | And I’m breathing. | 我还在呼吸 |
[02:21] | – You’re out of luck. – Yeah? | -你的好运用完了 -是吗 |
[02:23] | Yeah. Too bad. | 是啊 真糟糕 |
[02:28] | Did I come from a vagina? | 我是从阴道出来的吗 |
[02:30] | Where’d you hear that? | 你从哪听来的 |
[02:31] | Did I? | 是吗 |
[02:37] | Yeah, you did. Um… | 是的 你是的… |
[02:38] | Wow. Did you come out of a vagina too? | 哇 你也是从阴道出来的吗 |
[02:43] | Do you want ice cream? | 想吃冰激凌吗 |
[02:45] | Ice cream sounds like such a great idea. | 冰激凌 这主意不错 |
[02:47] | Did you? | 你是吗 |
[02:50] | Okay… | 好吧 |
[02:53] | I did. | 我是 |
[02:54] | – I did as well. – How about you? | -我也是 -那你呢 |
[02:56] | Um, bug, I don’t think we’re gonna have this conver– | 我不想谈这个话… |
[02:58] | Yeah. Yeah, I came from a vagina. | 对 对 我从阴道出来的 |
[03:01] | Wow, our whole family came from vaginas. | 哇 我们全家都是从阴道出来的 |
[03:05] | Katelyn, our whole family came from vaginas! | 凯特琳 我们全家都是从阴道出来的 |
[03:10] | She’s so smart. | 她太聪明了 |
[03:13] | Oh, my god. Adam, the roof is caving in. | 天啊 亚当 屋顶要塌方了 |
[03:15] | It’s like 2012 in there. What are you gonna do about it? | 那就像是2012 你准备怎么做 |
[03:17] | I really don’t have time to take a look at it, okay? | 我真的没时间看 好吗 |
[03:19] | Just tell mom I stopped by. | 告诉妈妈我来过了 |
[03:20] | And if it’s a simple leak, | 如果只是普通的漏水 |
[03:21] | he can fix it, okay? | 他能修好的 好吗 |
[03:22] | But if it’s a serious plumbing issue, | 但如果是严重的管道问题 |
[03:23] | Don’t let him anywhere near it. – I know that. | -别让他靠近乱折腾 -我知道 |
[03:25] | – Hey, Adam. – You need me to take a look? | -亚当 -需要我看看吗 |
[03:27] | No, you better get to work. | 不用 你快去工作 |
[03:28] | You don’t want to give Gordon any ammo. | 别让戈登抓到什么把柄 |
[03:30] | Ammo? What is that supposed to mean? | 把柄 什么意思 |
[03:34] | You said that he was coming down hard at you at work. | 你说过他要在工作上给你施压 |
[03:37] | I didn’t say he was coming down on me at work. | 我没说过他在工作上给我施压 |
[03:40] | Oh, please, Adam, come on. | 拜托 亚当 拜托 |
[03:41] | You know how the corporate world works. | 你知道公司如何运作 |
[03:43] | Gordon’s the boss, and you’re just a serf, son. | 戈登是老板 你只是个奴隶 儿子 |
[03:45] | You know what happens to serfs– they get beheaded. | 你知道奴隶的命运 被斩首 |
[03:48] | – Where do you get this stuff? – Just don’t even rise to the– | -你哪听来的这一套 -别提… |
[03:50] | – Go sell some shoes, son. – Listen to me. | -赶紧卖鞋去吧 儿子 -听我说 |
[03:53] | Okay, you are better at making repairs | 你比我认识的所有人 |
[03:55] | Than anybody I know, okay? | 都擅长修东西 |
[03:56] | So can you just deal with this for me? | 能帮我应付这事吗 |
[03:58] | You almost even got through that without laughing. | 你这样瞎掰居然还不笑场 |
[03:59] | I will, but I have a job interview today. | 我愿意的 但我今天有个面试 |
[04:02] | And–and I’m excited about it… | 我很期待… |
[04:03] | Okay, I get it. You need a job. | 好吧 明白 你需要一份工作 |
[04:05] | Okay, and I have a bunch of people who are depending on me | 好吧 而有一堆人则指望着我 |
[04:07] | To keep their jobs, | 帮他们保住饭碗 |
[04:08] | so I need to generate new product. | 所以我需要生产新产品 |
[04:09] | I’ve got to go. | 我得走了 |
[04:11] | Hey, I thought you were helping your grandfather. | 我以为你在帮你爷爷 |
[04:13] | I asked you to do that a half hour ago. | 我半小时前就让你帮忙了 |
[04:14] | No, I can’t find my shoes. | 还没 我找不到鞋了 |
[04:16] | You can’t find your shoes? | 你找不到鞋 |
[04:17] | – No. – Excuse me. | -没有 -抱歉 |
[04:19] | Do you have anything for cramps? | 你有治痉挛的药吗 |
[04:20] | I am, like, having a heavy– | 我觉得像是痉挛了… |
[04:21] | all right, that’s enough. | 好吧 我受够了 |
[04:22] | Where are your shoes? Why is nobody wearing shoes? | 你的鞋呢 为什么没人穿着鞋 |
[04:24] | Oh, my god. You know what you should invent? | 天啊 你知道你应该发明什么吗 |
[04:26] | Like, a shoe lojack, | 装有追踪器的鞋 |
[04:28] | Like, a beeper thing, you know, | 就像 呼叫器之类的 |
[04:30] | That you have a clicker, and the shoe beeps, | 拿个遥控器一按 然后鞋就响 |
[04:32] | And that way you can find it. | 那样你就可以找到它了 |
[04:33] | Mothers all over america would love it so much. | 全美国的妈妈都会喜欢的 |
[04:34] | I would love it. Just–that’s annoying. | 我会喜欢 就是声音有点吵 |
[04:36] | All right, I got to go. I’ll see you later. | 好的 我得走了 回见 |
[04:38] | Okay, but wait. What did you think of my idea? | 好的 等等 你觉得我的主意如何 |
[04:40] | Lojack shoe. | 定位鞋 |
[04:42] | I am gonna put that in my idea file. | 我会把它写进创意文件 |
[04:46] | Oh, boy, I got to go. | 天啊 我得走了 |
[04:48] | – Okay, got to go! – The baby’s gushing! | -好的 我走了 -它爆发了 |
[04:50] | It’s just a leak, though. I can take care of it. | 只是漏水 我能解决 |
[04:52] | You know, you might want to call Joel | 你也许应该给乔尔打电话 |
[04:53] | For help on this one. | 请他帮忙 |
[04:55] | -He’s a professional. – Adam! | -他是专家 -亚当 |
[04:56] | Will you take me for some pizza? | 你会带我去吃披萨吗 |
[04:58] | No, they outlawed pizza since you left. | 不行 你走后他们不让卖披萨了 |
[05:01] | – What? – Yeah. | -什么 -真的 |
[05:03] | It was making people’s hair fall out. | 它会让人脱发 |
[05:07] | – What– – I’m just kidding you. | -什么 -我是开玩笑的 |
[05:10] | Of course I’ll take you to pizza. | 我当然会带你去吃披萨 |
[05:11] | I love going to pizza, because– | 我喜欢吃披萨 因为… |
[05:13] | Jabbar. Sorry, sweetie. | 乔巴 对不起 亲爱的 |
[05:14] | Say good-bye to your dad. We got to go. | 跟爸爸再见 我们得走了 |
[05:16] | Okay, wait. Hey, how would you feel about | 好的 等等 你觉得 |
[05:18] | having a little sleepover at your cousin max’s house? | 去麦克斯表哥家过夜怎么样 |
[05:20] | Yeah, yeah. | 好呀 好呀 |
[05:22] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -好吗 -好 |
[05:23] | All right. And then maybe your mother and I | 好的 那也许我和你妈妈 |
[05:25] | Can have a little much-needed alone time. | 可以有些独处的时间 |
[05:28] | Whoo-hoo! Hey, honey, we got to go. | 好了 亲爱的 我们该走了 |
[05:30] | Sweetie, you got to bend down more. | 亲爱的 再低点 |
[05:32] | I can’t see you. | 我看不见你 |
[05:33] | – We got to go. – Okay. | -我们得走了 -好的 |
[05:35] | Well, it’s the arranged time, though, so… | 还是定好的时间 所以… |
[05:37] | I know, but I’ve got a thousand things to do | 我知道 但在周末前 |
[05:39] | Before the weekend, so… | 我有上千件事要干… |
[05:40] | Well, I miss you guys. | 好吧 我想你们 |
[05:42] | – I can’t wait to see you. – Miss you too. | -等不及要见你们 -我也想你 |
[05:45] | Aah! There’s a monster on my computer screen! | 啊 我电脑屏幕上有个怪物 |
[05:56] | Braverman. | 布雷弗曼 |
[05:58] | Hey, gordon, listen, I’m really sorry. | 嗨 戈登 我很抱歉 |
[06:00] | I just got caught up in a family situation. | 我家里出了点事 |
[06:05] | Come on in. Let’s talk about that. | 进来 我们谈谈 |
[06:06] | Great. | 好的 |
[06:07] | You know, I had to dash over to my parents’ house | 你知道 我不得不去了一趟我父母家 |
[06:09] | ’cause they have this gigantic leak | 因为他们的客房水管漏了 |
[06:11] | In their guesthouse, where my sister’s staying, so… | 那是我妹妹住的地方 所以 |
[06:14] | I’m just–the point is, I know I’ve missed | 我只是…我想说的是…我知道最近 |
[06:16] | A lot of work lately– you know my situation with max. | 我耽误了一些工作 你也知道麦克斯的情况 |
[06:18] | But summers are always a little crazy, | 夏天总是有些疯狂 |
[06:19] | And, you know, school’s back next week. | 你知道 下周学校就开学了 |
[06:21] | Adam, we’re very different. | 亚当 我们很不同 |
[06:24] | Yeah. Agreed. | 是呀 同意 |
[06:26] | I mean, I’ve got a condo in Nob hill. | 我是说 我在诺布山有套公寓 |
[06:28] | You’ve got a real home in Berkeley. | 你在伯克利有个家 |
[06:29] | I have a sailboat in Sausalito. | 我在索萨利托有艘帆船 |
[06:31] | You drive a minivan. | 你开一辆小货车 |
[06:32] | I’ve had a slew of tantalizing relations, | 我有很多人脉 |
[06:34] | And you– you’ve got Katherine. | 而你…你有凯瑟琳 |
[06:37] | Uh, Kristina, but, yeah. | 是克里斯蒂娜 |
[06:39] | Listen, Adam, I just need to know | 听着 亚当 我需要确保 |
[06:41] | That your personal issues are not going to, you know, | 你的私人问题不会 |
[06:45] | Interfere with work. | 影响工作 |
[06:46] | Gordon, come on, this company | 戈登 拜托 对这个公司 |
[06:48] | Has my complete and undivided attention. | 我全心全意投入 |
[06:50] | Listen, I have a family. I have other things going on. | 听着 我有家庭 我还有其他事情 |
[06:53] | But even when I’m away from here, | 但是即使我不在公司 |
[06:54] | I’m always thinking about the company, you know? | 我也一直心系公司 你知道吗 |
[06:57] | I am always thinking. | 我一直想着 |
[06:58] | For example? | 比如说 |
[07:04] | Well, you know, this morning when I was driving to work, | 你知道 今早我开车来上班 |
[07:06] | I had this idea, okay? | 我想出了个主意 |
[07:07] | Now, it might be a terrible idea, but I was thinking about– | 可能是个很糟的主意 但是我在想… |
[07:10] | You know how kids are always losing their shoes? | 你知道孩子总是丢鞋吗 |
[07:12] | Well, they are. It’s a–it’s a universal thing. | 他们总丢 这是 是个普遍问题 |
[07:15] | Uh, I was thinking about… | 我在想 |
[07:18] | A kids shoe with a clicker. | 有遥控的鞋 |
[07:21] | Kid loses his shoe. You push the clicker. | 孩子丢了些 你按下遥控 |
[07:24] | It beeps. You find it– | 鞋响了 你就找到了 |
[07:26] | Whether it’s, you know, under the bed, | 不管是 在床底下 |
[07:28] | It’s in the closet, in the garage. | 在衣橱里 还是在车库里 |
[07:30] | Click, bzzz, bam… | 按下 滋滋 发现 |
[07:33] | Shoe. | 鞋 |
[07:34] | You thought of this? | 你想到的吗 |
[07:39] | Yes. | 对 |
[07:40] | Are you kidding me? | 你开玩笑吗 |
[07:41] | That’s great. I love it. It’s brill. | 这太棒了 我喜欢 棒极了 |
[07:43] | We got to move. | 我们得行动 |
[07:44] | All right, so you want me to get on this? | 好的 你想让我着手设计吗 |
[07:46] | Yes. Right away. Are you kidding? | 对 马上 你开玩笑吗 |
[07:48] | All right, I’m on it. | 好的 我就开工 |
[07:49] | – I love it. – Great. | -我很喜欢 -很好 |
[07:50] | By the way, | 顺便说下 |
[07:51] | This whole thing with the leak | 你父母家的 |
[07:53] | At your parents’ house… | 漏水那种事 |
[07:56] | Next time, call a plumber. | 如果下次再发生 叫个水管工 |
[08:49] | Italian–that’s good for an interview, right? | 意大利的 挺适合面试的 是不 |
[08:51] | Well, yeah, yeah. | 是的 |
[08:51] | You don’t need a blazer with this outfit at all. | 你不用再套个夹克 |
[08:53] | No, no, I want to look really corporate. | 不 不 我要看起来很专业 |
[08:55] | I want to look really serious. | 很正式 |
[08:56] | It actually looks better than this one. | 还是这件比较好 |
[08:57] | Oh, let me see that one again, though. | 那再试试这件吧 |
[08:59] | Um, no, no. | 不好 不好 |
[09:00] | – Okay, I’m gonna wear this one. – No. | -好吧 我要穿这套 -不 |
[09:02] | I like it. Please? | 我喜欢它 拜托了 |
[09:03] | It makes me feel corporate and serious. | 它让我看起来很专业很正式 |
[09:05] | Good. Wonderful. | 好吧 |
[09:06] | Joel, thank you so much for dealing with dad. | 乔尔 爸爸的事麻烦你了 |
[09:08] | – Oh, yeah. – And good luck. | -没什么 -祝你好运 |
[09:09] | You know, you can’t actually let him do anything. | 知道吗 你不能让他做任何事 |
[09:12] | You can’t let him make any decision. | 不能让他做任何决定 |
[09:14] | You have to make every decision. | 你得拿主意 |
[09:15] | But you have to make him think | 但你得让他觉得 |
[09:17] | That all the decisions you’re making are his. | 是他在拿主意 |
[09:18] | – That’s so important. – Ooh, I like this. | -这很重要 -我喜欢这套 |
[09:20] | Do you like this? | 你觉得如何 |
[09:21] | How exactly am I supposed to do all the work | 我要怎么样才能 |
[09:22] | And make him think he’s doing it? | 让他觉得是他做了所有事 |
[09:24] | Only you can figure that one out. | 你得自己想明白 |
[09:25] | Yeah, figure it out. Thank you so much. | 是的 好好想想吧 太感谢了 |
[09:27] | You are the greatest, babe. | 你是最棒的 宝贝 |
[09:28] | You are the greatest, babe. | 同感 |
[09:31] | Okay, can I borrow your purse too? | 我能也借下你的包吗 |
[09:32] | ’cause it’s blue, and it kind of matches. | 它的颜色实在很配 |
[09:34] | Do you mind? You have a million of them. | 你不会介意吧 你有那么多包 |
[09:35] | No, no. Would you– – awesome. | 不 你能不能别…好吧 |
[09:37] | – I love you. You’re the best. – I love you. | -我爱死你了 你最好了 -爱你 |
[09:40] | Do I look like the assistant to the assistant manager | 我看起来像”克里斯蒂的衣橱”的助理经理吗 |
[09:42] | Of christy’s clothes– “Clothes for real people”? | 那里是为普通人做衣服的 |
[09:45] | – Absolutely. Yep. – Spot on. | -太像了 -加油 |
[09:47] | I have a really good feeling about this. | 我感觉很好 |
[09:49] | Thank you, guys. | 谢谢你们 |
[09:50] | – See ya. – Bye. Good luck. | -再见 -祝你好运 |
[09:51] | Last question– leading cause | 最后一个问题 |
[09:54] | Of teenage death in America? | 造成美国青年死亡的首要原因是 |
[09:56] | Uh, what is automobile accidents? | 汽车事故 |
[09:58] | Bingo. You got it right. | 答对了 |
[10:00] | Okay, let me tally these up real quick. | 让我算算成绩 |
[10:02] | – 49 out of 50– – I missed one. | -50道答对49道 -错了一道 |
[10:03] | – You missed one. – I missed one. | -你错了一道 -我错了一道 |
[10:05] | Can I drive now? | 我现在能开了吗 |
[10:06] | Of course, honey, you can drive. | 当然 宝贝 可以了 |
[10:08] | – Oh, great. – That’s why we’re here. | -真好 -我们就是为此而来的 |
[10:10] | – Hold on a second, though. – What? | -等等 -又怎么了 |
[10:11] | Just–patience, okay? | 耐心点 好吗 |
[10:12] | I’m just putting the car in gear. | 我正在挂离合器 |
[10:13] | Fine, put the car into gear and keep your foot | 很好 挂上离合器 保持你的脚 |
[10:15] | – Firmly depressed on the– – Now I can go. | -不动… -我要开了 |
[10:17] | Let go of my leg. Let go–let go of my leg! | 放开我的腿 放开 放开我的腿 |
[10:19] | – Brake! – Stop it! | -刹车 -够了 |
[10:20] | Okay! | 好的 |
[10:25] | I didn’t know if I was going or stopping. | 我不知道是要开还是要停 |
[10:27] | You have got to listen to me. | 你得听我的指挥 |
[10:29] | This is our fourth lesson. | 这是第四节课了 |
[10:30] | Are we gonna get on the road ever? | 到底什么时候能开上路 |
[10:34] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:48] | You know something, I really appreciate | 你知道吗 我真的很感激 |
[10:49] | You taking the time to do this, joel. | 你抽空过来 乔尔 |
[10:51] | I mean, I know you’re not doing anything | 我知道你挺闲的 |
[10:52] | Now that Sydney’s back at school. | 西德尼也回学校了 |
[10:54] | Yeah, just popping those bonbons. | 小事一桩 |
[10:57] | You know what I don’t believe in? | 你知道我最不相信什么吗 |
[10:59] | – What’s that? – Roofers. | -什么 -屋顶工人 |
[11:02] | You invite ’em into your house | 你请他们来 |
[11:03] | To do all this crap work, and then you end up paying. | 他们胡乱工作一番 你还要付给他们钱 |
[11:07] | You don’t even know what they’re doing. | 你甚至不知道他们做了什么 |
[11:10] | That’s a good point. | 说的不错 |
[11:15] | Whoa. Whoa. | 天啦 |
[11:18] | That beam is totally rotted. | 横梁都被腐蚀了 |
[11:21] | You got that right. | 你说对了 |
[11:24] | There’s no– | 没有… |
[11:25] | There’s no tar paper between the roof and the wood. | 屋顶和木头间都没有加沥青纸 |
[11:27] | Who–who did this? | 这是谁干的 |
[11:28] | That’d be me. | 是我 |
[11:31] | That’s quality work, huh? | 这还是质量不错的工程了 |
[11:32] | I mean, I couldn’t afford tar paper at the time. | 我是说 那时候我付不起沥青纸的钱 |
[11:35] | – Yeah. Yeah, well… – I did what I could. | -是吧 -我尽力了 |
[11:37] | Sure. Yeah. | 当然 |
[11:39] | Look, Joel, I know that you’ve dabbled | 乔尔 我知道 |
[11:42] | In some home repair. | 你有维修方面的经验 |
[11:44] | I’m a licensed contractor. | 我拿过执照的 |
[11:46] | So here’s the deal, Joel. | 那这样如何 乔尔 |
[11:48] | I built this with my own two hands. | 这房子是我自己建的 |
[11:50] | I converted it from a garage into a guesthouse. | 我把它从车库改装成客房 |
[11:52] | So I’ll be calling the shots. That gonna be okay with you? | 所以让我来搞定它 你觉得有问题吗 |
[11:57] | Wouldn’t have it any other way, Zeek. | 再好不过了 奇克 |
[12:01] | And I want you to know there’s a six-pack in it for you | 等你搞定了 |
[12:03] | When you’re done. | 可是有奖品的 |
[12:06] | Nice to see you. What’s going on? | 见到你真好 发生怎么了 |
[12:07] | Um, well, I’m riding my bike. | 我骑车过来的 |
[12:10] | So mom doesn’t want me to ever drive | 我觉察出来了 |
[12:12] | Is what I’m getting from her. | 妈妈根本不想让我开车 |
[12:14] | Yeah. Still not out of the parking lot, huh? | 还没开出停车场吧 |
[12:15] | No, we’re not even close. | 毫无进展 |
[12:17] | And I just would love for you to reconsider | 如果你可以考虑教我 |
[12:20] | Teaching me how to drive. | 我会非常感谢 |
[12:22] | I’m really busy at work, and we can’t change. | 我最近真的很忙 我们不能换 |
[12:23] | This is something your mother– she’s gonna feel like– | 这是你妈妈的性格 |
[12:25] | You know, she’s gonna take it personally. | 她一定要亲力亲为 |
[12:27] | Dad, it’s– it’s ridiculous. | 爸爸 这真的很荒谬 |
[12:29] | It’s like– I’ll show you. | 这就像…我演给你看 |
[12:31] | If you are me and you’re driving– | 你是我 你在开车 |
[12:33] | And so we’re both in the car. Put your hands on the wheel. | 我俩都在车里 把你的手放在方向盘上 |
[12:36] | – All right. – Put your hands on the wheel. | -好吧 -放好 |
[12:37] | Make sure– no, ten and two. Ten and two! | 确保 不 放准确了 |
[12:39] | – Okay, ten and two. – Yeah. No. | -好吧 放好了 -恩 不 |
[12:41] | Don’t look at me like that. Don’t look at me like that. | 别这么看着我 |
[12:43] | Yeah, you’re being your mother–I see, okay. | 好吧 你是在演你妈妈 我看出来了 |
[12:45] | – I’m driving. – So you’re driving. | -我在开车 -你在开车 |
[12:47] | Now slowly put your foot on the, uh, gas pedal. | 现在慢慢地把你的脚放在油门踏板上 |
[12:51] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[12:53] | That’s mom. | 妈妈就是这样的 |
[12:57] | Show me that you recognize this–I know you know it. | 你应该看得出来的 我知道你明白的 |
[13:00] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[13:02] | Dad, do you guys have, like, | 爸爸 你们是不是 |
[13:03] | Some stupid agreement about not acknowledging | 约好了一起忽视 |
[13:06] | Each other’s flaws? | 对方的缺点 |
[13:07] | Yeah. It’s called marriage. | 这就是婚姻 |
[13:09] | Braverman, I ran the beeper-shoe concept by– | 布雷弗曼 我又想了下那个定位鞋 |
[13:11] | Yeah. Hey, Gordon, you remember my daughter. | 戈登 还记得我的女儿吗 |
[13:13] | – Hi. – Oh, of course. | -你好 -当然 |
[13:15] | How are you? Emily, right? | 最近如何 艾米丽 是吗 |
[13:17] | It’s Haddie. Haddie. | 是海迪 |
[13:21] | – Haddie. I’m sorry. – That’s okay. | -海迪 不好意思 -没事 |
[13:23] | Hey, do you need me to come in the office? | 要我去你办公室吗 |
[13:24] | ’cause she was just gonna leave in a minute. | 她就要走了 |
[13:25] | We’re just having a family crisis, | 我们正处在家庭危机中 |
[13:27] | – But we have ten a day, so… – Haddie– | -争吵不断 -海迪 |
[13:29] | She’s being hyperbolic. That’s not true. | 她夸张了 不是那么回事 |
[13:31] | Well, I don’t mean to break up another family crisis. | 我可不想打断另一个家庭危机 |
[13:34] | Um, I’ll be in my office, okay? | 我在办公室等你 好吗 |
[13:35] | I’ll be over as soon as I can. | 我马上就结束 |
[13:37] | It’s good to see you again, Edie. | 很高兴见到你 伊迪 |
[13:38] | – Did he just say “Edie”? – Yeah, he did. | -他刚才是不是叫我伊迪 -是的 |
[13:41] | Listen, I will talk to your mother–we’ll fix it. | 我会和你妈妈谈谈 |
[13:43] | We’ll get you out of the parking lot, okay? | 我们会让你开上路的 好吗 |
[13:45] | – Okay. Thank you. – All right. | -好的 谢谢 -好的 |
[13:46] | Bye. Nice to see you. Stop by anytime. | 再见 随时来玩 |
[13:48] | Be afraid for my life. | 担忧我的人生 |
[13:49] | Braverman. | 布雷弗曼 |
[13:51] | I’m coming in, Gordon. | 我来了 戈登 |
[13:59] | All right. | 好了 |
[14:00] | Yeah, you know, let me– | 让我… |
[14:02] | Let me cut the water off before you– | 让我先把水关了吧 |
[14:04] | No, we don’t need that. | 没有必要 |
[14:06] | Hey, come on, I know what I’m doing here. | 我知道我在干什么 |
[14:14] | Shut it off. Shut it off, Joel! | 把水关了 乔尔 |
[14:16] | – Come on, man! – That’s a great idea. | -赶紧了 -好主意 |
[14:18] | Damn it! Come on! | 该死的 赶紧了 |
[14:20] | Hey, we got good pressure! | 水压很好啊 |
[14:23] | Where is it? | 开关在哪里 |
[14:25] | I don’t know. It’s down there somewhere. | 我不知道 就在下面某处 |
[14:27] | – You built this! – Oh, god. | -这房子是你建的 -天啊 |
[14:34] | Our father’s going completely insane. | 爸爸真是疯了 |
[14:36] | Well, he’s always been this way. | 他一直这样 |
[14:39] | Should we do something? | 我们不该做点什么吗 |
[14:42] | Trust Joel. | 相信乔尔就好 |
[14:44] | I guess. | 只好这样了 |
[14:47] | Hey, how’d that, uh, job interview go? | 面试如何 |
[14:49] | – Great. Fantastic. – Really? | -不错 很棒 -真的 |
[14:51] | No. They didn’t seem to be impressed | 假的 他们对我 |
[14:53] | By my 12 years of waitressing at nick’s pub. | 12年酒保生涯没什么兴趣 |
[14:56] | Listen, Sarah, you know, | 听着 莎拉 |
[14:57] | You’re gonna find something eventually, | 你会成功的 |
[14:59] | And you’re just gonna forget about this… | 然后你就会忘了这段… |
[15:01] | Period. | 时光 |
[15:03] | This period which has lasted for 38 years? | 这段长达38年的时光 |
[15:05] | I hope so. | 我也希望如此 |
[15:07] | Hey, you know, that idea you had | 你知道吗 |
[15:10] | About the shoe-clicker thing? | 你那个定位鞋的点子 |
[15:12] | You sold it? We made a million dollars? | 你把它卖了 我们赚了一百美元 |
[15:14] | No, not–not exactly. | 不是的 |
[15:15] | But I did bring the idea up to my boss. | 但我和我老板说了那个点子 |
[15:17] | And he fired you? | 然后他把你炒了吗 |
[15:18] | No, he liked it, actually. | 不 事实上 他挺喜欢的 |
[15:20] | – No. – Yeah. | -不会吧 -真的 |
[15:23] | And I think that, uh, you know, | 我在想 |
[15:25] | We’re gonna maybe develop the idea. | 也许我们会把它做大 |
[15:27] | – No, not really. – Yeah. | -不会吧 -是的 |
[15:31] | Look, we develop a lot of ideas, | 我们尝试了很多点子 |
[15:32] | And a lot of them end up going nowhere, but– | 很多都无疾而终 但是 |
[15:34] | No, no, I know, but that’s amazing. | 我知道 但这太不可思议了 |
[15:37] | Oh, my god! | 天啊 |
[15:38] | So… | 所以 |
[15:41] | Uh, you know, thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[15:44] | All right, listen, I got to go. | 听着 我得走了 |
[15:46] | I got to get back to the wife and kids. | 我得回家去了 |
[15:47] | So I’ll– I’ll see you later. | 再见 |
[15:50] | Well, hey, I mean, so, you know, good luck with it. | 我是说 你知道的 祝你好运 |
[15:54] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[16:00] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[16:08] | Hey, Haddie stopped by the office today. | 海迪今天来我办公室了 |
[16:11] | She did? | 是吗 |
[16:12] | She said that you guys still haven’t made it | 她说你们练了这么多天车 |
[16:14] | out of the parking lot? | 都还没出过停车场 |
[16:15] | What’s that? | 那又怎么样 |
[16:17] | Honey, you’re cutting that wrong. | 亲爱的 你不能这么切 |
[16:18] | The skin has to be completely off of that… | 要把皮全部切下来… |
[16:19] | I’m doing it fancy, like this. | 我喜欢这样切 像这样 |
[16:21] | You have to take all of the “Stripeys” Off. | 你要把这些条纹状的东西都切掉 |
[16:22] | – Why? – Max won’t eat it. | -为什么 -麦克斯不吃这个 |
[16:23] | – He’ll eat it. – No, he won’t. | -他会吃的 -他不会的 |
[16:25] | Listen, honey, all I’m saying is that | 亲爱的 我要说的是 |
[16:26] | when I learned how to drive, my dad took me out | 我学车的第一天 |
[16:27] | on the road the very first day. | 就被我爸带着开上马路了 |
[16:29] | Right, Zeek just threw you to the wolves. | 没错 奇克就这么让你自生自灭 |
[16:30] | – That’s a big shocker. – Absolutely. | -场面肯定很惨烈 -那确实 |
[16:32] | First day, wasn’t a problem. | 第一天嘛 没关系的 |
[16:33] | I haven’t had a single moving violation in my life. | 我这辈子还没违反过交通规则 |
[16:35] | Really? Are you criticizing my driving record? | 是吗 那你就是在批评我的驾驶记录喽 |
[16:38] | – Because I’m pretty good. – I’m just saying | -我的记录也很良好 -我只是想说 |
[16:39] | that we should try to get Haddie out on the road. | 我们该让海迪上路去试试 |
[16:41] | Absolutely. I will take her out on the road | 当然 我会带她上路去练车 |
[16:42] | when she’s ready. | 在她准备好之后 |
[16:44] | Listen, honey, I know that this is hard. | 是这样 亲爱的 我知道这挺不容易 |
[16:47] | Our 16-year old daughter is learning how to drive. | 我们16岁的女儿学开车 |
[16:48] | It’s not the easiest thing in the world to accept. | 要接受这个事实不是那么轻而易举 |
[16:50] | – This is not about me right now… – Are you sure? | -这不是我的问题… -你确定吗 |
[16:51] | it’s about her. | 是她的问题 |
[16:52] | I will take her out when she’s ready. | 她准备好了 我自然会带她上路去练 |
[16:53] | She’s not ready. Trust me. | 但是她还没准备好 相信我 |
[16:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[16:57] | You need to– | 你得… |
[16:58] | look… | 看着… |
[16:59] | – He’s gonna eat ’em like that. – No, he’s not. | -他会吃这种的 -他不会的 |
[17:03] | So it starts out as an egg. | 最开始它是一个卵子 |
[17:04] | And once the egg gets fertilized, | 受精之后 |
[17:06] | it develops into a baby. | 就会长成一个小宝宝 |
[17:08] | It’s one of life’s greatest miracles. | 这是生命中伟大的奇迹之一 |
[17:10] | That make, uh– make sense? | 明白…明白了吗 |
[17:12] | Wait, so how does the egg get fertilized? | 等等 那卵子是怎么受精的呢 |
[17:15] | It happens. | 就这么发生的 |
[17:16] | – It just magically happens? – Yeah. | -就这么神奇的发生了吗 -是的 |
[17:18] | Sydney, the dad– | 西德尼 是爸爸… |
[17:21] | The dad fertilizes it. | 是爸爸让卵子受精的 |
[17:25] | The dad? | 爸爸吗 |
[17:26] | Yeah, it’s the dad’s job. | 是的 是爸爸做的 |
[17:27] | Daddy, you brought the fertilizer? | 爸爸 你让卵子受精了吗 |
[17:30] | Yep. | 是 |
[17:31] | Well, how’d you get the fertilizer into the egg? | 那你是怎么让卵子受精的呢 |
[17:33] | I think we should have ice cream today. | 我觉得 我们今天去吃冰激凌吧 |
[17:36] | I want to know how you did it! | 我要知道你是怎么做到的 |
[17:38] | Well… | 好吧… |
[17:42] | – The dad has what’s called… – Julia… | -爸爸有一个叫做… -茱莉亚 |
[17:46] | The dad has what’s called a penis. | 爸爸有个叫做阴茎的东西 |
[17:48] | And… | 然后… |
[17:49] | he uses the penis to fertilize the egg. | 他用阴茎来让卵子受精 |
[17:53] | And the fertilizer is called sperm. | 而这个媒介就叫做精子 |
[17:56] | – And, uh… – Where does it happen? | -然后… -这是在哪发生的 |
[18:00] | Does the egg come out, or does the sperm go in? | 是卵子出来 还是精子进去呢 |
[18:08] | I’m gonna have a mint chocolate chip. | 我想吃薄荷巧克力片 |
[18:10] | Dad’s gonna have a sundae. | 爸爸要去吃个圣代 |
[18:11] | – That sounds great. – Yep. | -听起来挺不错 -嗯 |
[18:13] | It’s a million-dollar idea. | 这可是个价值几百万的创意 |
[18:15] | No, it isn’t. It’s not even an id–whole idea. | 才不是 这根本不算是个…完整的创意 |
[18:17] | It just was off the top of my head. | 我只是突然灵光一闪罢了 |
[18:19] | That’s a game changer, Sarah. | 这是个转折点 莎拉 |
[18:20] | That’s what that is. | 就是这样 |
[18:21] | Dad, really? No. | 是吗 爸爸 才不是 |
[18:23] | Dad, you know what? | 爸 知道吗 |
[18:24] | They’re not even gonna use it | 他们根本就不会用这个创意 |
[18:25] | or do anything with it. | 也不会付诸行动 |
[18:26] | Don’t think like that! Sweetheart, you have a gift. | 别这么想 宝贝 你有这种天赋 |
[18:29] | I don’t have a gift. | 天赋我没有 |
[18:32] | I have a kid who can’t find his shoes. | 只有个找不着鞋子的孩子 |
[18:34] | – Excuse me. – Oh, honey, listen… | -让让 -宝贝 听我说… |
[18:36] | Sweetheart, I love you, but you got to quit doing that. | 宝贝 我爱你 但是你不能这么做 |
[18:38] | Doing what? | 做什么 |
[18:40] | Well, belittling yourself, sweetheart. | 小看你自己啊 宝贝 |
[18:42] | It’s–it’s a defense mechanism. | 这是…这是种心理防卫机制 |
[18:44] | Zeek, come on. | 奇克 够了 |
[18:45] | She hasn’t even had her coffee yet. | 她还没喝她的咖啡呢 |
[18:47] | All I’m trying to do is just tell her | 我在想尽办法告诉她 |
[18:49] | she should value her ideas, Camille. | 她应该重视自己的创意 卡米尔 |
[18:51] | Yes, I can hear that. | 是 我听到了 |
[18:53] | And I’m trying to say that you should let Sarah and Adam | 而我想告诉你 你应该让莎拉和亚当 |
[18:55] | manage their own lives. | 自己决定自己要走的路 |
[18:56] | But all I’m trying to do is just instill | 但是我只是想给我们女儿 |
[18:59] | a little bit of confidence– | 灌输一点信心… |
[19:06] | I hear you. | 我听到了 |
[19:08] | And I see you, sweetheart. | 我明白了 亲爱的 |
[19:11] | I’ll be in my studio. | 我去画室了 |
[19:17] | Dad? | 爸 |
[19:17] | Are you my dad? | 你是我爸吗 |
[19:19] | – Yeah. – Is that marriage counseling? | -是 -那是婚姻咨询的效果吗 |
[19:22] | Yeah | 是 |
[19:23] | 150 bucks an hour. | 每小时150块 |
[19:24] | I don’t understand a damn word the guy is saying. | 我实在是搞不明白那人到底在说什么玩意 |
[19:26] | – All right? – Is that why you cut the hair? | -行了吧 -所以你才剪了头发 |
[19:28] | – That’s why I cut my hair. – Very impressive, dad. | -所以我剪了头发 -很棒啊 爸 |
[19:30] | Good job. – I wanted to look softer. | -干得好 -我希望能看起来温柔点 |
[19:32] | Do I look softer, a little? | 我看起来温柔点了吗 |
[19:34] | Yes? | 温柔点了 |
[19:35] | Okay, honey, if you give yourself credit, | 好的 宝贝 如果你相信自己 |
[19:38] | then other people will start giving you credit too. | 那么别人也会相信你的 |
[19:40] | – All right? – Okay. | -行吗 -好吧 |
[19:42] | And the point is I think you could be | 而且我认为你可以 |
[19:43] | a part of the process of this whole shoe thing. | 参与到这件事的过程中去 |
[19:45] | There is no process. It’s Adam’s job. | 没什么过程 这是亚当的工作 |
[19:47] | And if he wanted my help, he could ask me– | 如果他需要我帮忙 他会问我的… |
[19:48] | How the hell is he gonna know if you don’t tell him? | 你不告诉他 他怎么会知道 |
[19:50] | You got to tell him you want to be involved. | 你得告诉他你想参与 |
[19:52] | I don’t know, dad. | 我不知道 爸 |
[19:53] | I don’t think he would love it, anyway. | 不管怎么样 我觉得他不会乐意我这么做的 |
[19:55] | And thank you for your advice, | 谢谢你的建议 |
[19:57] | but I don’t really need it. | 但是我真的不需要 |
[19:58] | I’m a grown-up, and I will take care of it. | 我已经长大了 我自己会想清楚的 |
[20:00] | And just–I’m sorry I even brought it up. | 我…我很抱歉提起这件事 |
[20:02] | Hey–sweetheart, now, I hear you, I see you. | 宝贝 我知道了 我明白了 |
[20:05] | That gives me the creeps. | 那让我毛骨悚然 |
[20:10] | I’m going to stop at the stop sign. | 我在停车标志那里停下 |
[20:11] | – Just relax. – I’m stopping right here. | -放松 -我要停在这里 |
[20:13] | You’re not listening to me at all. | 你完全没听我说话 |
[20:15] | I’m listening to you. I’m stopped. | 我听着呢 我停了 |
[20:16] | I’m the one with the driver’s license. You’re not. | 我才是有驾照的人 而你没有 |
[20:18] | Now do your counting. | 你现在可以数数了 |
[20:19] | One cranberry, two cranberry… | 一个酸梅 两个酸梅… |
[20:23] | If somebody toots like that, don’t get frazzled. | 如果有人这样按喇叭的话 不要心急 |
[20:25] | Okay, now, proceed. Make a right. | 好 现在发动 右转 |
[20:27] | Yeah, fine. | 嗯 好 |
[20:29] | I’m making a right. I’m making a right. | 我要右转了 我要右转了 |
[20:31] | Stop! | 停 |
[20:35] | – Hey, dad… – Do not blame me, okay? | – 爸爸… -别都怪我 行吗 |
[20:38] | Don’t blame this all on me, okay? | 别把错都推到我身上 好吗 |
[20:39] | You have to take a little bit of responsibility. | 你也有责任 |
[20:41] | You were the one behind the wheel. | 开车的那个人是你 |
[20:42] | If it was just me behind the wheel, | 如果只有我一个人在开的话 |
[20:44] | I would have been calm. | 我就能镇定下来了 |
[20:45] | We had an accident. | 我们出了点事故 |
[20:46] | What do you mean you had an accident? | 什么叫出了事故 |
[20:48] | Did anybody get hurt? | 有人受伤吗 |
[20:49] | We didn’t have an accident. | 我们没出事故 |
[20:51] | Well, I’m a little hurt. | 我受了点伤 |
[20:52] | We’re lucky to be standing here right now, actually. | 事实上 我们能站在这里已经很幸运了 |
[20:54] | – Do not make this into a thing. – It is a thing. | -别说的跟有多严重似的 -是很严重 |
[20:56] | – You’re exaggerating. – I’m not exaggerating. | -你太夸张了 -我一点没夸张 |
[20:58] | You don’t listen to me. I told you… | 你完全不听我的 我跟你说了… |
[21:00] | What happened to my car? | 我的车怎么了 |
[21:02] | Tell him what happened. Go ahead. | 告诉他怎么了 说啊 |
[21:04] | You’re gonna laugh. | 你肯定会笑的 |
[21:05] | – You’re gonna laugh. – You’re gonna laugh hard. | -你肯定会笑的 -你肯定会大笑 |
[21:08] | I swiped the mirror. That’s it. | 我撞坏了后视镜 就这样 |
[21:09] | That’s it? Just the side mirror? | 就这样吗 只是撞坏了后视镜吗 |
[21:11] | That’s it. That’s absolutely it. | 就是这样 就是这样而已 |
[21:12] | What do you mean, “That’s it”? | 什么叫做”就是这样” |
[21:14] | I mean, that’s it. That is reality. | 我是说 就是这样 事实就是这样 |
[21:15] | he whole thing is– | 整件事其实是… |
[21:17] | Honey, it’s just the mirror. | 亲爱的 只是一块后视镜嘛 |
[21:18] | You should be the one to teach me. | 应该让你来教我 |
[21:19] | Maybe I was right. | 也许我根本没错 |
[21:20] | You know what? Thanks for bringing it up. | 知道吗 谢谢你提出来 |
[21:21] | I hate the fact that you go behind my back | 我讨厌你背着我 |
[21:22] | and ask your dad to teach you. | 想让你爸爸教你 |
[21:24] | – I’m your driver’s license coach. – Well, you’re so crazy | -我是你的驾照教练 -你太不可理喻了 |
[21:25] | – That you think you’re a coach. – Don’t ever call me crazy. | -你以为你是教练 -不许再说我不可理喻 |
[21:27] | Let dad be my coach. | 让爸爸教我吧 |
[21:28] | I will never let you convince me | 我再也不会听你的劝说 |
[21:30] | to take her on the road ever again. | 我不会让她再上路练车了 |
[21:32] | – She’s not ready. – Dad. | -她没准备好 -爸爸 |
[21:33] | – What? – Are you guys having an argument? | -什么 -你们在吵架吗 |
[21:35] | No, no. | 没有 没有 |
[21:36] | Well, it sounds like you are. | 听起来你们的确是在吵架啊 |
[21:37] | I think you’re definitely having an argument. | 你们肯定是在吵架 |
[21:39] | We’re not having an argument. | 我们没在吵架 |
[21:40] | Just let me– let me talk to her. | 让我…让我跟她谈谈 |
[21:41] | It sounds like you’re having an argument. | 听起来你们的确在吵架 |
[21:43] | Tell mom to count backwards from 30 | 让妈妈从30开始倒数 |
[21:45] | – and to take deep breaths. – Okay. | -记得要做深呼吸 -好 |
[21:47] | They’re good coping mechanisms. | 它们对生气很有用的 |
[21:49] | Hey, Miles. | 迈尔斯 |
[21:51] | I think Haddie’s still mad at mom. | 我觉得海迪还在生妈妈的气 |
[21:53] | – I’m gonna kill you. – And she wants to kill me. | -我要杀了你 -她还想杀了我 |
[21:55] | – Hey, Kristina. – What? | -克利斯蒂娜 -干嘛 |
[21:57] | I love you, and I appreciate | 我爱你 我也很明白 |
[21:59] | everything you do for our children. | 你为孩子们做的一切 |
[22:00] | Okay, spit it out. What do you want to say? | 直截了当点 你想说什么 |
[22:02] | Is it possible that you’re being a little irrational with haddie? | 你对海迪这件事是不是有点无理取闹了 |
[22:05] | I’m being irrational? | 我无理取闹吗 |
[22:06] | – I’m being irrational? – I didn’t say– | -我在无理取闹吗 -我不是说… |
[22:08] | Honey, she just crashed the car. | 亲爱的 她刚撞了车 |
[22:09] | You know, I just think, this is a big step. | 知道吗 我觉得 这是你迈出的一大步 |
[22:11] | – Huge step. – Okay? | -巨大的一步 -好吗 |
[22:12] | Our daughter is learning how to drive. | 我们的女儿在学开车 |
[22:13] | – Absolutely. – It’s symbolic. | -没错 -这是件有象征意义的事 |
[22:14] | And maybe it’s not easy for you… | 也许对你来说很难… |
[22:16] | I am not being irrational, Adam, okay? | 亚当 我不是在无理取闹 好吗 |
[22:18] | You weren’t there. I was. | 你当时不在场 而我在场 |
[22:19] | Our daughter sucks at driving. That’s the problem. | 我们的女儿车开得很烂 问题就在这里 |
[22:22] | So butt out. | 所以什么都不用说了 |
[22:25] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:36] | I thought you were Zeek. | 我还以为是奇克呢 |
[22:38] | What you doing? | 你在干嘛呢 |
[22:40] | Well, I just thought I’d, uh, sneak in | 我本来想 偷偷溜进来 |
[22:42] | and fix this leak without your father knowing, | 修好漏雨的屋顶 不告诉你爸 |
[22:45] | Because he doesn’t know what he’s doing, | 因为他根本不知道他在干什么 |
[22:47] | and I thought I’d come in here | 我觉得我最好在明天 |
[22:49] | before we “Fix it” Tomorrow. | 和你爸一起”修好它”之前来一趟 |
[22:50] | Then what are you gonna tell him? | 那你要怎么跟他说 |
[22:52] | I’ll just be like, “Wow, that seemed a lot worse yesterday, | 我就说 “昨天看起来还很糟 |
[22:55] | but now here we are.” | 但是现在好多了” |
[22:56] | Don’t worry. I got a whole plan. | 放心 我都计划好了 |
[22:58] | It’s gonna be pretty awesome. | 没问题的 |
[22:59] | That’s amazing that you just know how to fix that. | 你知道怎么修屋顶真是太好了 |
[23:01] | Yeah, well, you know, | 是啊 你知道的 |
[23:03] | it’s what I did before I did, uh, playdates | 在带孩子 清理果汁盒这些事之前 |
[23:08] | And juice boxes and all that. | 我就是干这个谋生的 |
[23:13] | – What? – What? | -怎么了 -什么怎么了 |
[23:19] | Come on. Come on. | 什么事啊 说吧 |
[23:23] | I wonder if I could ask you to build me something. | 我想能不能麻烦你帮我做点东西 |
[23:26] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[23:31] | I wonder if you would build me a desk. | 能不能麻烦你帮我做个桌子 |
[23:35] | – I’d love to. – Really? | -很乐意啊 -真的 |
[23:37] | What kind–what kind of desk are we talking? | 什么样的 你想要什么样的桌子 |
[23:38] | What are you gonna use it for? | 你想用它来做什么 |
[23:40] | You know, I had this idea the other day. | 是这样的 几天前我有个想法 |
[23:43] | It was for a shoe for Adam’s company. | 给亚当的公司提了个鞋子的想法 |
[23:46] | If a kid lost their shoe, you click something, | 如果有种东西 当小孩找不到鞋子时 |
[23:49] | And the shoe would beep, and then they could find it. | 按下它鞋子就会响 那就很容易找到了 |
[23:50] | – I love that idea. – Really? | -我喜欢这个想法 -真的吗 |
[23:52] | Yeah. I’d buy a dozen of those for sydney. | 当然 我会给西德尼买一打 |
[23:56] | – So… – Yeah. | -所以… -往下说 |
[23:57] | I just started thinking, you know, | 我在想 |
[23:59] | If I had a space to have more ideas, | 如果我有个思考空间的话 |
[24:01] | Maybe I’d have more ideas. | 或许我会冒出更多的想法 |
[24:03] | I get ya. | 我明白 |
[24:06] | Makes sense to me. Yeah. | 我觉得很有道理 |
[24:13] | Hello. Yeah, please… | 你好 麦克斯 |
[24:15] | Come in and look over my shoulder, max. | 请进 然后从我背后偷看 |
[24:17] | – Don’t knock. – Okay. | -不用敲门 -好的 |
[24:18] | Are you still mad at mom? | 你还在生妈妈的气吗 |
[24:21] | I was being sarcastic. Yeah, I am. | 我刚才是在讽刺你 没错 我在生气 |
[24:24] | Can you help me get my sleepover set up? | 你能帮我布置我的睡衣晚会吗 |
[24:26] | Yeah. | 可以啊 |
[24:28] | You know, because Gaby made me | 加比给了我一张 |
[24:31] | A “How to have a successful sleepover” List. | “如何成功举办睡衣晚会”的清单 |
[24:35] | And one of the things is to make your guest | 其中有一项就是让客人 |
[24:37] | Feel at home. | 感觉像是在自己家 |
[24:38] | So I’m gonna put up a bunch | 所以我要在上铺的墙上 |
[24:40] | Of pictures of New York | 挂几张纽约市的照片 |
[24:41] | Around the top bunk where Jabbar’s gonna sleep. | 乔巴要睡在上铺的 |
[24:44] | Did you know that, with over 6,400 cars, | 你知道吗 纽约有超过6400列地铁 |
[24:47] | New York has the largest fleet of subway cars in the world? | 是全世界地铁数量最多的城市 |
[24:49] | Max, will you leave, and | 麦克斯 你先出去 |
[24:51] | I’ll talk to you about this later? | 等会儿我们再讨论好吗 |
[24:52] | – Okay. – Can you just go? | -好的 -你能不能离开这里 |
[24:53] | – Give me a minute, all right. – Okay. | -给我一分钟 行吗 -好的 |
[24:56] | – Great. Thank you. – One, two… | -太好了 谢谢 -一 二 |
[24:58] | What are you doing? Stop. | 你在干什么 停下 |
[24:59] | You said a minute, 60 seconds. | 你说一分钟 那是60秒 |
[25:01] | I don’t care. | 那不是重点 |
[25:01] | – I’ll just be there later. – Five | -我只是想一个人呆会儿 -五 |
[25:02] | – Get out of my room. – Six, seven… | -从我房间出去 -六 七 |
[25:04] | Max, leave my room. | 麦克斯 离开我的房间 |
[25:05] | Are you an idiot? Leave the room! | 你是白痴吗 离开我的房间 |
[25:07] | Hey! Leave! | 喂 出去 |
[25:10] | Nine, ten… | 九 十 |
[25:11] | Eleven… | 十一 |
[25:17] | Can you see him? | 看见他了吗 |
[25:18] | – Hi, buddy. – He’s awake. | -嗨 伙计 -他醒着 |
[25:22] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 -不客气 |
[25:23] | – I got my fix. – That’s our boy. | -我心定了 -这是我们儿子 |
[25:26] | Hey, so I was thinking, um, Friday night, | 我在考虑 周五晚上 |
[25:28] | Jabbar will be at Max’s for the sleepover. | 乔巴要去参加麦克斯的睡衣晚会 |
[25:31] | And we’ll be back here making the boat rock, | 而我们俩个回我家”船震” |
[25:34] | Don’t come knocking. | “请勿打扰” |
[25:36] | And then Saturday, you know, my mom’s gonna want | 然后周六 你知道 我妈妈恨不得 |
[25:39] | To stuff him full of lasagna, | 给她外孙肚子里填满意大利面 |
[25:41] | So I was thinking Saturday night at my parents’ house, | 所以我在想不如周六晚上待在我父母家 |
[25:44] | And then Sunday we kind of have to go to Julia’s, | 周日貌似得去茱莉亚家 |
[25:47] | Because she’s got this new, weird thing | 因为她有个全新的怪念头 |
[25:49] | Where she thinks no one wants to go to her house, | 她觉得没人愿意去她家 |
[25:52] | Which is kind of true. | 其实也差不多是事实 |
[25:53] | Crosby, sweetie, slow down. | 克罗斯比 亲爱的 慢慢来 |
[25:56] | What about my family? | 我家呢 |
[25:57] | You’re not an orphan. That’s right. | 你不是孤儿 没错 |
[25:59] | – Right. – Sorr–yeah. | -没错 -抱歉 |
[26:01] | Sorry, I forgot. | 抱歉 我忘了 |
[26:02] | You probably want to see them. | 你肯定很想他们 |
[26:04] | I really can’t even think | 我现在真的 |
[26:06] | About all this right now. | 没时间去想那些 |
[26:09] | What do you mean, you can’t think about it right now? | 你说什么 你现在没时间想那些 |
[26:13] | Well, I’m a little busy. | 我有点小忙 |
[26:15] | I’ve got Jabbar. | 我要照顾乔巴 |
[26:17] | I’ve got rehearsals. | 还要参加排练 |
[26:21] | You’re pissed? You’re pissed. | 生气了 你生气了 |
[26:24] | No, I’m not–no. | 没有 我没生气 |
[26:26] | It’s Okay if you are. | 生气也没关系的 |
[26:27] | Say what’s on your mind. | 心里怎么想的就怎么说 |
[26:28] | I love Jabbar, and–and I love you, | 我爱乔巴 我也爱你 |
[26:31] | And I miss you guys. | 我想你们 |
[26:33] | And I feel like I’m the only one | 可我觉得我是唯一一个 |
[26:35] | That’s putting any effort into this relationship. | 在努力用心维系这段关系的人 |
[26:37] | I’ve been flying back and forth every other week. | 我每隔一周就飞去你那里再飞回来 |
[26:40] | And now that you’re finally coming, | 然后现在你终于要回来了 |
[26:42] | You can’t even talk about it? | 你却连谈都不想谈这事儿 |
[26:43] | Well, I want to be with you too. | 我也想和你在一起 |
[26:46] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[26:47] | Yeah? You sure? | 是吗 你确定 |
[26:49] | – I do. – All right. | -当然 -好吧 |
[26:53] | Hold on one second. | 稍等 |
[26:54] | Take your time getting there. It’s a good shot. | 别急 慢慢来 话题转移的不错嘛 |
[26:56] | Shh. Not so loud. | 嘘 小声点 |
[26:58] | – Sorry. – I just wanted to make sure | -抱歉 -我只是想确定 |
[26:59] | That he was sleeping. | 他已经睡着了 |
[27:00] | They must have made this skype thing | 我们应该用这个网络电话软件 |
[27:02] | For something other than just talking. | 做点聊天以外的事情 |
[27:07] | Oh, my god. Are we about to have skype sex? | 天啊 我们是要电话做爱吗 |
[27:13] | ’cause I heard this can be very dangerous. | 我听别人说这么做很危险 |
[27:16] | Oh, my goodness. Wait–wait for me. | 我的天啊 等…等等我 |
[27:18] | Okay, go slower, though. Oh, my goodness. | 好啦 慢慢来 我的天啊 |
[27:21] | Why don’t you go lay down on the couch | 你为什么不去沙发 |
[27:23] | Or the bed or whatever? | 或者床上躺下来 |
[27:24] | Okay, yeah, I’m going to the bedroom. | 好的 没错 我现在去卧室 |
[27:28] | Dance a little slower, though, okay? | 慢慢点 好吗 |
[27:30] | You ready? | 好了吗 |
[27:31] | This is fantastic. | 这简直太棒了 |
[27:38] | Wait. Did you just stop moving, or is it– | 等等 是你停下了 还是 |
[27:41] | No, you’re breaking–hold on. | 不 你卡住了 等等 |
[27:43] | – You ready? – I think I’m in a dead zone. | -好了吗 -我想是这里没信号 |
[27:45] | I got to go back to the– | 我要回… |
[27:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:48] | – Jasmine? – Crosby? | -贾斯敏 -克罗斯比 |
[27:49] | Hold on. Don’t–don’t–don’t stop. | 稍等 别停下 |
[27:51] | Stronger signal, but don’t stop. | 信号强的地方 你别停 |
[27:54] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[27:57] | Come on! Jasmine! | 来吧 贾斯敏 |
[28:05] | Sorry, I should have called. | 抱歉 我应该先打个电话 |
[28:06] | – It’s a bad time? – Nope. | -很忙吗 -没有 |
[28:08] | Nope. Come on in. What’s up? | 没有 进来吧 什么事 |
[28:09] | – Hi. Nothing. – Good. | -没什么事 -好的 |
[28:10] | How are things at the house? What’s going on with the roof? | 家里怎么样了 屋顶怎么样 |
[28:12] | Joel’s working on it, and… | 乔尔在修… |
[28:14] | Good. | 很好 |
[28:16] | The shoe thing was an idea– | 那个鞋子的主意 |
[28:18] | Yeah, listen, hold on one second, okay? | 稍等一会儿好吗 |
[28:19] | Sarah, hold on one second. | 莎拉 稍等 |
[28:20] | Let’s talk about this in one second. | 很快就好 |
[28:22] | Hey, it’s just my sister. I’ll just be a minute. | 这是我妹妹 给我一分钟 |
[28:25] | Hey. Listen, we got to wrap this up. | 听着 我们得速战速决 |
[28:26] | I got to have a little meeting across the hall. | 我马上要去走廊那边开个会 |
[28:29] | Right. Okay. It was my idea. | 好的 好吧 那是我的想法 |
[28:31] | And I feel like you just kind of took it. | 感觉好像你就那么拿走用了 |
[28:35] | Sarah, look, you know, you said that to me | 莎拉 你看 那天早上 |
[28:37] | In an offhand way that morning. | 你是随口跟我说的 |
[28:39] | It’s not like we sat down | 又不是我们都坐下 |
[28:41] | And had an official pitch meeting. | 开了个创意大会 |
[28:42] | Oh, I didn’t know– I didn’t know we had | 我不知道 我不知道 |
[28:44] | To have an official meeting. | 我们还得开个正式的会议 |
[28:45] | Maybe we should take it to the people’s court | 或许我们应该去人民法院 |
[28:47] | Or, you know, call judge judy. | 没错 找朱蒂法官 |
[28:48] | You know, sarah, let’s not have a fight about this. | 好了 莎拉 别为这个吵架 |
[28:50] | Seriously, I didn’t know we had to have a meeting. | 我是认真的 我不知道我们得开个会 |
[28:51] | Okay, Adam, I had an idea, and I feel | 好吧 亚当 我有了一个想法 |
[28:53] | Like if I don’t start to value my ideas, | 我觉得如果我不能去实现我的想法 |
[28:54] | I’m gonna disappear. | 我会没有存在感 |
[28:56] | Let me be part of it. | 让我参与吧 |
[28:58] | God, Sarah, I’ve done, like, a million things | 上帝啊 莎拉 在这些年里 |
[29:00] | For you over the years, and I’ve never asked | 我为你做了无数的事 除了一声谢谢 |
[29:01] | For more than a thank-you. | 从来没有向你要过什么 |
[29:05] | Well, I’m asking for more. | 可我想要得更多 |
[29:21] | No. No, wait, maybe hex. | 不不 等等 还是用六边形螺丝吧 |
[29:24] | I’m using flatheads. | 我用的是平头螺丝 |
[29:26] | Yeah, I know you’re using flatheads, | 我知道你用的是平头螺丝 |
[29:27] | But it’s the wrong screw. | 这是错误的 |
[29:28] | They’re gonna pop right through the shingle. | 它们会”啪”得一下把屋顶戳穿的 |
[29:30] | It’s not the wrong screw. Flatheads are fine. | 用这种螺丝没问题 平头螺丝可以用 |
[29:31] | You know, I can’t– | 你明白 我… |
[29:34] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我再也受不了了 |
[29:35] | Everything you’re doing is wrong. | 每一步你都做错了 |
[29:37] | Do you understand that? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[29:38] | And if there’s one thing I can’t stand, | 这世上有件事是我无法忍受的 |
[29:40] | It’s doing a job badly, and you are doing this… | 那就是把事情做得很糟 而你现在做得… |
[29:44] | So badly. | 简直太糟糕了 |
[29:45] | It’s like–it’s even worse | 更糟的是… |
[29:47] | That you’re treating me like I don’t know what I’m doing, | 你对我的态度就好像我什么都不懂 |
[29:49] | When I’m a certified contractor | 信不信由你 |
[29:50] | Who got paid, believe it or not, a lot of money | 在我做承包商的时候 别人要付很多钱 |
[29:53] | To do what you have– you have no idea how to do. | 请我做那些你闻所未闻的工作 |
[29:58] | – What, is that it? – Not remotely. | -说完了吗 -还早呢 |
[30:00] | – Really? – Yes. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[30:01] | Well, let me hear the rest of it. | 那好 继续说下去 |
[30:03] | I hate that you treat me like I’m my daughter’s age. | 我讨厌你把我当小孩一样对待 |
[30:06] | I’m a grown-ass man. | 我是个成年人 |
[30:07] | And if I didn’t have a recession | 要不是因为不景气 |
[30:09] | Where I couldn’t afford to pay my team, | 我付不出工资给我的团队 |
[30:11] | – I’d be up here… – All right, all right. | -我现在应该站在这儿… -好了 好了 |
[30:13] | Doing this job with several other more qualified people than yourself. | 和一些比你有资质的人一起完成这个工作 |
[30:16] | Got some anger in there, huh? | 火气有点大哦 |
[30:18] | A little spirit–I like that. | 有点性格 我喜欢 |
[30:20] | I don’t think I’ve ever heard you say | 我记得从认识你到现在 |
[30:21] | more than five words since I knew you | 从没听你说过一句话超过五个字的 |
[30:25] | No, really. | 是真的 |
[30:28] | I hear you. And I see you. | 我听见了 我明白了 |
[30:30] | That’s coming from my counseling sessions. | 这是我从婚姻咨询教程里听来的 |
[30:34] | t’s working, huh? That’s pretty good. | 管用吧 真的挺好的 |
[30:35] | You could benefit from it. You got some anger issues. | 你会受益匪浅的 你的内心有愤怒 |
[30:38] | I got to tell you, I like it. | 我得跟你说 我喜欢婚姻咨询 |
[30:40] | It’s spunky. | 让人充满活力 |
[30:48] | – Hello? – Hey, it’s me. | -嗨 -是我 |
[30:52] | You’re gonna hate me. | 你会恨我的 |
[30:54] | I’m not gonna hate you. I like you. | 我才不会恨你 我喜欢你 |
[30:57] | I’m counting down the hours. | 我正在倒计时 |
[31:01] | Uh, I can’t come out. | 我回不去了 |
[31:08] | I hate you. | 我恨你 |
[31:10] | It’s down to me and one other person | 因为要从我还有另一个人中 |
[31:13] | For that understudy part. | 选一个做候补演员 |
[31:15] | Well, it’s, uh– | 真是个… |
[31:18] | It’s for a good reason. | 好理由 |
[31:20] | I can’t pass this up. | 我不能放弃这个机会 |
[31:33] | Gordon, you got a minute? | 戈登 有时间吗 |
[31:35] | Come on in. | 进来 |
[31:38] | It wasn’t my idea– the shoe clicker. | 定位鞋 不是我的主意 |
[31:41] | My sister came up with it. | 是我妹妹想出来的 |
[31:42] | I don’t know why I lied about it, but I did. | 我不知道当时为什么要撒谎 |
[31:44] | How can I put this? | 那我该说什么好呢 |
[31:45] | Um, I don’t give a rat’s ass. | 关我啥事 |
[31:48] | All right, all right, I’ll–I’ll take care of it. | 好吧 好吧 这件事我来处理 |
[31:50] | All right? Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[31:51] | Listen, you know, | 等一下 |
[31:51] | You say that your family’s not a distraction, | 你说过不会因为家里的事而分心 |
[31:53] | But every time I turn around, | 但每次情况一有好转 |
[31:54] | We’ve got another crisis on our hands. | 手头马上又有其他麻烦 |
[31:57] | Yeah, yeah, I know. | 是的 是的 我知道 |
[31:58] | If you’re just gonna phone it in– | 如果你想敷衍了事 |
[31:59] | Hey, gordon, nobody’s phoning it in. | 戈登 没人敷衍了事 |
[32:01] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我什么意思 |
[32:03] | I need you here, adam, focused. | 亚当 我需要你全身心投入 |
[32:06] | You are an essential part of this company, okay? | 你是这个公司的顶梁柱 知道吗 |
[32:08] | And we’re in trouble. | 我们现在有麻烦了 |
[32:15] | All right. | 行 |
[32:16] | – No, no, no. – What? What? | -不 不 不 -怎么了 |
[32:19] | No, no. This goes here… | 不行 不行 这个应该 |
[32:21] | Uncle crosby! | 克罗斯比叔叔 |
[32:22] | We’re getting ready. | 我们就要弄好了 |
[32:24] | I see that. | 我看见了 |
[32:26] | – Look at all this. – It’s gonna be so awesome. | -瞧你们弄的 -一定棒极了 |
[32:28] | Check it out– jabbar’s favorite, | 看看这个 乔巴的最爱 |
[32:30] | Orange soda and… | 橘子汽水 |
[32:33] | – He loves that. – And sun chips. | -他喜欢的 -还有薯片 |
[32:35] | My mom said that it’s okay for me to have food | 我妈妈说了 这一次允许我 |
[32:37] | In my room just this one time. | 在卧室里吃零食 |
[32:38] | – Good job. – So eat it now | -真棒 -你现在就吃点吧 |
[32:39] | Because this is gonna be probably your last chance | 说不定这是你唯一一次 |
[32:41] | To ever eat food in my room. | 能在我的房间里吃零食 |
[32:42] | Okay. Maybe later, though. | 行 待会儿再吃吧 |
[32:43] | Um, is everyone…? | 其他人呢 |
[32:46] | – Everyone’s out. – Everyone’s out? | -他们都出去了 -都出去了吗 |
[32:47] | – Why? – Um, max… | -怎么了 -麦克斯 |
[32:50] | You did a really good job | 你筹备的深夜派对 |
[32:52] | Planning for this sleepover. | 干得非常好 |
[32:53] | Thank you. Thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[32:54] | – I love it. I love it. – Hey, buddy? | -我爱死了 爱死了 -不过 伙计 |
[32:55] | I have some bad news. | 我有个不好的消息 |
[32:56] | There’s been a change in plan, | 计划有变 |
[32:58] | And, uh, jabbar can’t come. | 乔巴他 不能来了 |
[33:00] | Yes, he can. He’s flying tomorrow– | 不 他会来的 他明天坐飞机过来 |
[33:03] | Flight 932, arriving oakland international airport, | 932号航班 奥克兰国际机场 |
[33:06] | 5:45 p.M. | 下午5:45到达 |
[33:08] | Okay, but he changed plans. | 是的 不过计划有变 |
[33:09] | No, he has a ticket. | 不 他都买了票了 |
[33:11] | Yeah, but there was a change of plan. | 是的 但是计划改变了 |
[33:13] | Max, I’m sure he can come back again soon, right? | 麦克斯 我保证他很快会再来的 好吗 |
[33:17] | Yeah, hopefully, | 是的 但愿吧 |
[33:18] | But, you know, who knows at this point? | 不过 这可就说不定了 |
[33:21] | What? No! This is unacceptable! | 什么 不 完全无法接受 |
[33:23] | – No, this sucks! – Max, max, buddy, buddy. | -这太糟糕了 -麦克斯 冷静点 冷静点 |
[33:25] | I’m in the same boat as you are. | 我也不好受 |
[33:31] | Max, max, max, max. | 麦克斯 麦克斯 麦克斯 |
[33:33] | Calm down. Max. | 冷静 麦克斯 |
[33:36] | Max, take a deep breath. Remember? We take a deep breath. | 麦克斯 深呼吸 记得吗 我们一起深呼吸 |
[33:38] | Remember? Okay. | 记得吗 好的 |
[33:40] | Listen, I know you’re upset. | 听着 我知道你很生气 |
[33:41] | You have every right to be, okay? | 你有理由生气 |
[33:43] | It’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[33:45] | Max, I know you’re upset. I’m upset too, okay? | 麦克斯 我知道你很生气 我也是 |
[33:47] | I am. And it’s not fair. | 我也生气 这不公平 |
[33:49] | I know, all right? | 我知道 好吗 |
[33:51] | Max, look at me. | 麦克斯 看着我 |
[33:53] | But it’s not gonna help to kick and scream and yell. | 但是乱踢东西 尖叫狂喊是没有用的 |
[33:55] | Max, look at me. All right? | 麦克斯 看着我 好吗 |
[33:57] | So we’re gonna have to try and calm down | 我们应该冷静下来 |
[33:59] | And come up with another plan, all right? | 再想想其他办法 好吗 |
[34:01] | Calm down and come up with a plan “B,” Okay? | 冷静下来 再想一个B计划 好吗 |
[34:05] | Max, deep breath. | 麦克斯 深呼吸 |
[34:06] | I’m gonna go watch some tv. | 我要去看电视了 |
[34:07] | Do you want some extra screen time? | 想不想来点额外电视时间 |
[34:08] | No tv, actually. Maybe just a glass of water. | 最好别看电视 给他一杯水 |
[34:11] | And I’ll be right there. | 我一会儿就来 |
[34:16] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[34:18] | Um, yeah, I’ve never seen that side of him. | 我从来没见过他这一面 |
[34:20] | he’s gonna learn not to do that. | 他会学会控制自己的 |
[34:22] | It just– it just takes a while. | 只是需要时间 |
[34:24] | Hmm. Good–good job, though. | 你做得非常好 |
[34:25] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[34:35] | Wow. I’m back in the game. | 心情一下子就好了 |
[34:37] | That’s amazing, dad. Thank you. | 这太棒了 爸爸 谢谢你 |
[34:41] | Well, you know, joel contributed. | 是的 是乔尔的功劳 |
[34:56] | Your father loves me. | 你爸爸喜欢我 |
[34:59] | How does that feel? | 感觉如何 |
[35:02] | Not sure yet. | 还不大确定 |
[35:06] | I’m going back out there. | 我要重新跟她谈这个话题 |
[35:07] | I read ten books on sex ed. | 我看了十本关于性教育的书 |
[35:09] | I think I have a little bit of a better handle | 我已经知道怎样用更好的方式 |
[35:11] | On how to explain a penis to a six-year-old girl. | 向一个六岁女孩解释什么是阴茎 |
[35:13] | I don’t know if you can explain something– | 我不知道你是否能解释得清楚 |
[35:17] | Can we just give her five or six years to shake off | 要不我们等五六年后 |
[35:19] | The damage we’ve done and then start fresh? | 等她忘了这些 再重新给她讲解一遍 |
[35:22] | No, babe. I’m the mom. | 不 亲爱的 我是当妈的 |
[35:25] | She’s a girl. | 她是个女孩 |
[35:26] | You have to let me make this decision on this one. | 这种事得让我来决定 |
[35:30] | Yeah, and if we had a boy, you’d let me handle it? | 那要是我们有个儿子 是不是得让我来处理 |
[35:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[35:40] | It’s–when you said, “If we had a boy,” | 你说 如果我们有个儿子 |
[35:42] | I pictured us having a boy. | 我就在想象那个画面 |
[35:47] | I want her to have a brother or a sister. | 我希望她有个弟弟或者妹妹 |
[35:51] | We can’t wait forever on this, you know? | 总不能这样一直等下去吧 |
[35:54] | We always said you could build a bedroom above the garage, | 我们不是一直说车库上面可以建个卧室吗 |
[35:56] | So that’s– that is perfect. | 那简直 太棒了 |
[35:58] | Let’s just hold on a second. When are you– | 这个问题先搁一下 你什么时候… |
[35:59] | When– yes, that is key. | 什么时候…对 这才是关键的 |
[36:01] | That is absolutely key. | 这才是最最关键的 |
[36:06] | I can’t believe we’re having this conversation. | 不敢相信我们竟然谈到了这个话题 |
[36:10] | Neither can I. | 我也没想到 |
[36:36] | What you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[36:39] | I’m sorry. I’ll–I will pay for it. | 对不起 我会花钱修理的 |
[36:44] | Okay. | 好啊 |
[36:47] | So I’m gonna pay for it, then? | 那我花钱修理咯 |
[36:49] | I guess so. You just offered. | 好啊 你都这样说了 |
[36:52] | I don’t know. I feel stupid about it. | 我不知道 我觉得这样很蠢 |
[36:54] | Just– I don’t have money. | 我没有钱 |
[36:56] | I don’t have money to pay for it. | 我没有钱去修理 |
[36:57] | Haddie, it’s fine. | 海迪 没事的 |
[37:02] | I am sorry | 我很抱歉 |
[37:05] | For this and for being rude to you | 我不该把车撞了 不该对你无礼 |
[37:08] | And treating you really badly. | 不该那样对你 |
[37:10] | And, I don’t know, I just– | 我不知道 我只是… |
[37:12] | But I do have to say to you, and I don’t mean this | 我必须得说 我这样做不是为了 |
[37:15] | As an insult, | 要伤害你 |
[37:16] | But I feel like you were being a little bit irrational. | 不过我觉得你有那么一点不讲道理 |
[37:25] | – I was? – Yeah. | -我有吗 -有 |
[37:26] | A little bit… | 有一点… |
[37:29] | You know, a little out of the ordinary. | 平时的你不是这样的 |
[37:35] | It’s about “Catastrophization.” | 这是”灾难臆想症” |
[37:39] | “Catastrophization.” | “灾难臆想症” |
[37:41] | – That’s not a word. – It’s not a real word. | -没有这种说法 -是没有这种说法 |
[37:43] | But it’s one that your dad made up for me, | 是你爸爸给我造的一个词 |
[37:46] | ’cause I sometimes “Catastrophize” Things. | 因为我时常幻想一些灾难 |
[37:48] | You know, I look into the future, and… | 每当我想到以后… |
[37:52] | I see the worst– | 就是这样的画面… |
[37:53] | You driving this car, | 你开着车 |
[37:55] | And you getting in a horrible, awful car accident. | 然后发生了惨不忍睹的车祸 |
[37:58] | And me having to go down to the scene | 而我 来到车祸现场 |
[38:01] | And seeing your body and smell the carnage… | 看到你的尸体 满是血腥味 |
[38:04] | – What? Mom. – And I can see the people | -什么 妈妈 -然后我看见一群人 |
[38:05] | – Just swarming around… – Stop. | -围过来… -别说了 |
[38:07] | Stop. Stop. | 别说了 |
[38:08] | I just–I know. I’m sorry. | 我只是…我知道 对不起 |
[38:11] | That’s not gonna happen. | 不会发生这种事的 |
[38:14] | I know. | 我知道 |
[38:17] | I just love you way too much. | 我太爱你了 |
[38:20] | And I don’t know what I would do. | 我不知道我能做什么 |
[38:25] | And then I think about max | 每当我想到麦克斯 |
[38:26] | And who’s gonna take care of him when we’re not around. | 要是我们不在了 谁来照顾他 |
[38:28] | Mom, I will. | 妈妈 我会照顾他 |
[38:30] | Honey, I would never do that to you. | 宝贝 我不会那样做 |
[38:31] | I would never put that burden on you | 我不会把这个负担交给你 |
[38:32] | To take care of your brother. | 让你来照顾弟弟 |
[38:34] | I just–I wouldn’t. | 我不会的 |
[38:35] | It’s not a burden. | 这不是负担 |
[38:38] | I love max. He’s my brother. | 我爱麦克斯 他是我弟弟 |
[38:43] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[38:56] | I can’t believe I’m eating snacks | 不敢相信我在床上 |
[38:57] | And drinking soda in my bed. | 吃零食喝汽水 |
[39:02] | Hey, I wonder if the top bunk caved in on me | 我在想如果上铺塌下来压在我身上 |
[39:05] | If I’d die. | 我会不会死 |
[39:07] | I don’t think it would cave in. | 我觉得它不会塌下来 |
[39:10] | But if it did, I’d probably die, right? | 但如果塌下来了 我就死了 对吧 |
[39:13] | Uh, maybe. | 也许吧 |
[39:18] | Sleepovers rock. | 深夜派对太酷了 |
[39:20] | They do. | 是的 |
[39:22] | Are you having fun? | 你玩得高兴吗 |
[39:24] | Yeah. I’m having a lot of fun, max. | 是的 非常高兴 麦克斯 |
[39:28] | We should do this every night. | 我们应该每天都这样 |
[39:34] | It would be… | 那就… |
[39:35] | Pretty amazing. | 太棒了 |
[39:41] | Good night, haddie. | 晚安 海迪 |
[39:44] | Good night, max. | 晚安 麦克斯 |
[39:57] | Hey. I didn’t hear you pull up. | 没听见你停车 |
[39:59] | I just was inside, said hi to mom and dad. | 我在屋里 给妈爸打声招呼 |
[40:04] | How’s it going? | 面试怎么样 |
[40:05] | Oh, good. Fine. | 很好 不错 |
[40:10] | Listen, I’m really sorry | 非常抱歉 |
[40:12] | For co-opting your idea. | 盗用了你的想法 |
[40:15] | And I’d like to offer you a job. | 我想给你提供一份工作 |
[40:23] | What? You said you wanted more. | 怎么 你不是说你想要更多吗 |
[40:28] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[40:30] | You know, it’d be an internship. | 不过 这是一次实习 |
[40:31] | It’d be in the design department. | 我将你安排在设计部 |
[40:33] | But that would be good for you. | 这对你有好处 |
[40:35] | There’d be some money, not a lot, | 有薪水 不多 |
[40:36] | But it would be a start. | 但会是一个起点 |
[40:46] | That would be great. | 这太好了 |
[40:50] | All right. Great. | 是的 很好 |
[40:52] | All right, so we’ll, uh… | 行 那么我们… |
[40:54] | Work out some details tomorrow, okay? | 明天再详谈 好吗 |
[40:55] | I just got to get home. | 我得回家了 |
[41:00] | Adam? | 亚当 |
[41:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:09] | Thank you. | 应该谢谢你 |