| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:06] | Alex is the volunteer coordinator here. | Alex是这儿的义工协调员 | 
| [00:08] | Oh, hi. | 你好 | 
| [00:09] | I’m an alcoholic. | 我有酒瘾 | 
| [00:11] | I’ve been in recovery for five months. | 已经接受了五个月的恢复治疗 | 
| [00:14] | And I’m telling you this because relationships, | 我告诉你 | 
| [00:16] | romantic relationships, just aren’t good for me right now. | 因为我现在没法谈恋爱 | 
| [00:21] | Okay, Drew, pay attention here. | Drew 看好了啊 | 
| [00:23] | This is, like, a very important man lesson, see? | 这可是作为男人很重要的一课 | 
| [00:26] | It’s psychologically purging. | 就像净化心灵 | 
| [00:30] | You got the old, miserable disgusting oil… | 把陈年肮脏又恶心的油… | 
| [00:32] | Yeah, I can tell. | 是 我明白 | 
| [00:34] | It’s kinda like popping a pimple or something. | 像挤掉了脓包一样 | 
| [00:38] | Ugh, man, you gotta get outta my head. | 天啊 真是英雄所见略同 | 
| [00:41] | What is going on down there? | 你们爷孙俩干啥呢? | 
| [00:42] | – Hey! – Nothing. | 没干啥 | 
| [00:44] | We’re changing the oil in the beast. | 给这爷们换机油呢 | 
| [00:47] | Well, I don’t know how that’s gonna look | 我咋给你老师写假条? | 
| [00:48] | in a note to your teacher. | |
| [00:49] | “Drew was changing the oil | “Drew忙于给一台 | 
| [00:50] | in a 60-year-old tractor that barely runs.” | 60岁的报废拖拉机换机油” | 
| [00:52] | Yeah, she’ll get going though. | 老师会理解的 | 
| [00:54] | You’re a mess. Go change your shirt. | 看你脏的 去换件衣服 | 
| [00:55] | You look like you work at a gas station. | 像在加油站做了苦力似的 | 
| [00:56] | Oh, man. | 天啊 | 
| [00:58] | I can’t believe I forgot about school. | 我居然忘记都开学了 | 
| [01:00] | I think… Are they starting earlier? | 我还以为… 提前开学了吗? | 
| [01:01] | No, dad, same old regular time. | 爸 | 
| [01:03] | Oh. | 没有 还是老时间 | 
| [01:05] | So, um, was he talking to you? | 那… 他跟你谈心了? | 
| [01:07] | Oh, yeah. | 当然啦 | 
| [01:07] | You know, I had to tell him to shut up. | 废话多得很 不得不叫他闭嘴 | 
| [01:11] | Thanks for spending time with him. | 谢谢你抽空陪他 | 
| [01:13] | I love him. | 我爱他 | 
| [01:14] | He’s my grandson, you know? | 他可是我外孙 | 
| [01:16] | I love you, | 我也爱你 还有这拖拉机 当然少不了我外孙 | 
| [01:16] | and the tractor, and I love him. | 我也爱你 还有这拖拉机 当然少不了我外孙 | 
| [01:20] | Who comes first? | 最爱哪个? | 
| [01:21] | – Tractor. – Oh, I knew it. | – 拖拉机 – 我就知道 | 
| [01:22] | I’m going to school. I’ll be home by 10:30. | 我去上学了 十点半回来 | 
| [01:25] | Whoa, Nelly, 10:30 on a weeknight? | 姑娘 又不是周末 咋那么晚? | 
| [01:27] | – Okay, I’ll come home at 10:00. – Where are you going tonight? | – 那就十点好了 – 你今晚要去哪? | 
| [01:28] | To a friend’s house. God! | – 就是 – 去朋友家啊! | 
| [01:30] | Whose house are you going to? | 哪个朋友? | 
| [01:32] | Jenna’s. | |
| [01:33] | – I don’t know… – Yes, you do, mom. | – 我不认识… – 妈 你认识的 | 
| [01:35] | – Okay. – Okay, fine? | – 好吧 – 行了吧? | 
| [01:37] | Can I go? | 我能走了吗? | 
| [01:38] | Fine. Call me. | – 走吧 记得打给我啊 | 
| [01:39] | Great, thanks. See you. | – 好 谢了 回见 | 
| [01:42] | – I love you. – Bye. | – 爱你 – 拜 | 
| [01:47] | She’s lying. | 她在撒谎 | 
| [01:48] | – Haddie’s lying? – You think? | – Haddie撒谎了? – 是吗? | 
| [01:49] | Yep, I think she’s lying. | 没错 她在撒谎 | 
| [01:51] | I think she’s going to see that boy Alex. | 她是去见那个Alex | 
| [01:53] | Wait a minute, we don’t know that she’s lying. | 等等 咱还不能确定 | 
| [01:55] | You know, she needs a consequence because she lied. | 她如果撒谎 就要受罚 | 
| [01:57] | Okay, if she’s lying, she needs a consequence, | 必须要这样做 | 
| [01:59] | or she’s just gonna keep lying. | 不然她就会继续撒谎 | 
| [02:00] | I would. | 我就会 | 
| [02:03] | How’s that oatmeal? | 燕麦粥味道咋样? | 
| [02:04] | – Tastes kind of mushy. – Mmm. | 粘糊糊的 | 
| [02:07] | Did you know that oatmeal is what they call porridge | 跟你讲哦 | 
| [02:08] | in fairy tales? | 童话里喝的粥就是这种 | 
| [02:11] | Oh, my… What? | 天啊 咋回事? | 
| [02:13] | No. | 不是吧 | 
| [02:15] | Oh, no. | 不要啊 | 
| [02:17] | Oh, boy. | 小可怜啊 | 
| [02:19] | Oh, babe, don’t touch it. Oh! | 亲爱的 别碰它 | 
| [02:20] | What? What? I got it. | 没关系 我拿起来了 | 
| [02:21] | Is it hurt? | 它受伤了吗? | 
| [02:23] | I think it’s stunned. | 我觉得是受惊了 | 
| [02:25] | Well, will it be okay? | 那它会好起来吗? | 
| [02:26] | Yeah, sweetie, it’ll be fine. | 宝贝 会好的 | 
| [02:27] | Hey, you know, if you go find a shoe box, | 不如你去找个鞋盒 | 
| [02:29] | I’ll make a bird hospital. | 咱给它做个小鸟病床 | 
| [02:34] | It’ll be fine, right? | 它没事吧? | 
| [02:36] | We’ll see. | 拭目以待吧 | 
| [02:37] | Oh, babe, don’t take it in the house. | 亲爱的 别把它拿进屋嘛 | 
| [02:38] | – What? – No, it’s not hygienic. | – 咋啦? – 不卫生啦 | 
| [02:40] | – It’s not hygienic? – No, it’s not. | – 不卫生? – 是啊 | 
| [02:41] | It’s not sterile. | 有细菌啦 | 
| [02:43] | Hi, my name is Alex, and I’m an alcoholic. | 大家好 我叫Alex 我有酒瘾 | 
| [02:45] | Hi, Alex. | Alex 你好 | 
| [02:48] | They say you have to hit rock bottom | 跌落人生的谷底 | 
| [02:50] | before you can humble yourself and give up your dependence. | 才能收敛锐气 真正独立 | 
| [02:53] | They also say if you give up that dependence, | 只有凡事都依靠自己 | 
| [02:55] | you start to feel life again. | 生活的历程才算开启 | 
| [02:56] | And I’m here to tell you that it is true, | 我要告诉大家 这是真的 | 
| [02:59] | that piece by piece, step by step | 一点点 一步步 | 
| [03:01] | you start to feel your life coming back. | 生活开始回到正轨 | 
| [03:03] | Now, I made a friend. | 最近我交了个朋友 | 
| [03:08] | And she really showed me that I had something to offer. | 她让我明白 我也可以有所贡献 | 
| [03:12] | You know, she showed me my worth. | 让我知道了自己的价值 | 
| [03:13] | I never thought I would meet somebody | 我从未想过 | 
| [03:14] | that was so kind and unselfish, so caring. | 能遇上这样善良无私的人 | 
| [03:20] | So I want to thank her. | 所以 我要感谢她 | 
| [03:23] | I want to thank my sponsor. | 感谢我的监督人 | 
| [03:24] | I want to thank all of you | 还要感谢在座的各位 | 
| [03:25] | for reminding me what I’m fighting for. | 是你们时刻提醒我 | 
| [03:27] | So thank you. | 该为什么去奋斗 谢谢你们 | 
| [03:39] | Thanks for coming with me. | 谢谢你能来 | 
| [03:41] | You didn’t have to. | 其实你不必这样做的 | 
| [03:43] | I mean, thank you for letting me come. | 我还想说谢谢你让我来呢 | 
| [03:56] | Your friend who you were talking about, | 你说到的那个朋友 | 
| [03:59] | it’s me, right? | 是我吧? 当然是啦 | 
| [04:06] | Of course it is. | 校/轴: 慧慧/依尔丶 | 
| [05:55] | Hey, Jabbar, what happened in your room? | Jabbar 你的房间咋回事? | 
| [05:58] | Did something explode in there? | 发生爆炸了? | 
| [06:00] | – Um, no. – No? | – 没啊 – 没? | 
| [06:02] | Did you see his room when you were getting him dressed? | 你给他穿衣服时 没注意到? | 
| [06:05] | Clothes, toys, crayons everywhere. | 衣服 玩具 蜡笔 到处都是 | 
| [06:07] | It was a mess. | 乱七八糟的 | 
| [06:09] | I didn’t notice. | 没注意诶 | 
| [06:12] | Jabbar, you’ve got to be more responsible with your things. | Jabbar 你要负责收好自己的东西 | 
| [06:15] | Put them away when you’re done using them. | 玩好了就要收起来 | 
| [06:17] | But I wasn’t done using them. | 可我没玩好啊 | 
| [06:19] | If you’re going to bed, you’re done using them. | 上床睡觉前 就该收拾好 | 
| [06:21] | I need you to get up right now, | 现在 离开餐桌 | 
| [06:22] | go in there, and clean up your room. | 去把房间收拾干净 | 
| [06:24] | Get some done before school. Let’s go. | 上学前能收多少是多少 快去 | 
| [06:26] | I guess your mom wants you to do it, you better go. | 你妈都说咯 快去收拾吧 | 
| [06:33] | “I guess your mom wants you to”? | “你妈都说咯”? | 
| [06:35] | What’s that? You should want him to too. | 说的啥话啊? 你也该叫他收拾的 | 
| [06:38] | And, by the way, a shrug doesn’t constitute | 还有啊 | 
| [06:40] | having my back on this. | 耸耸肩可不代表你支持我 | 
| [06:41] | I don’t think I shrugged, but I don’t… | 我没啊… 只是… | 
| [06:43] | No, you totally shrugged. | 你绝对有 | 
| [06:44] | Okay, well, I’m sorry if I don’t think it’s important | 好吧 我不觉得 | 
| [06:47] | for a little kid to clean his room. | 让一个小鬼 收拾自己的屋子有多重要 | 
| [06:48] | I mean, he’s a little kid. | 他还小呢 | 
| [06:49] | It’s just gonna get messy again. | 很快又会搞得一团糟 | 
| [06:51] | All right. | 好吧 | 
| [06:52] | He has to learn responsibility, | 他要学会负责任 | 
| [06:54] | and that’s our job as parents to teach him that. | 而作为父母 咱要教他这样做 | 
| [06:55] | – Okay. – Okay? | – 好吧 – 懂? | 
| [06:56] | We need to be on the same page. | 咱得统一战线 | 
| [06:58] | We have to discipline him. | 教他学会守规矩 | 
| [06:59] | I need you to back me up on that. | 你得支持我 | 
| [07:01] | – Okay. – Okay? | – 好的 – 明白啦? | 
| [07:02] | We’re a team. | 咱得合作 | 
| [07:06] | You know, this is good, | 这主意不错 | 
| [07:07] | but judge gainer’s a hard ass. | 但Gainer法官很难搞 | 
| [07:10] | I need you to find evidence | 你得找到证据 | 
| [07:11] | that they were actively involved in the infringement. | 证明他们确实参与了侵权行为 | 
| [07:13] | Knock, knock. Hey, sorry. | 咚咚咚 打扰啦 | 
| [07:14] | Hi, what are you doing… Why are you here? | 你这是干啥… 你咋来啦? | 
| [07:19] | Sorry. | 等一下 你明白我的意思了吧? | 
| [07:20] | Okay, anyway, you got that, right? | 等一下 你明白我的意思了吧? | 
| [07:21] | – You’re all over it? – I’m on it. | – 能搞定吧? – 这就去做 | 
| [07:22] | Okay, yeah, you should take lunch anyway. | 你也去吃午饭了 | 
| [07:25] | Why are you here? | 你咋来啦? | 
| [07:27] | “Hi, Sarah. Great to see you. | “Sarah 你好啊 见到你很高兴” | 
| [07:29] | Are those cupcakes? What an unexpected treat.” | “那是纸杯蛋糕吗? 真是意想不到的美食啊” | 
| [07:31] | All of the above. | 除此之外 | 
| [07:32] | And why are you here? | 还是得问 你咋来啦? | 
| [07:33] | Well, because I have some exciting news, | 有激动人心的消息嘛 | 
| [07:36] | and I brought us some lunch. Okay, let’s hear it. | – 还带来了午饭 – 我洗耳恭听 | 
| [07:41] | I made a new year’s resolution, | 我做好了新年计划 | 
| [07:42] | – one I can really keep. – Cool. | – 这次一定说到做到 – 不错嘛 | 
| [07:44] | I’ve decided I am never going to date anyone | 我决定 不谈恋爱了 | 
| [07:49] | ever again. | 永远都不谈了 | 
| [07:53] | – Good. – Right? | – 很好 – 是吧? | 
| [07:54] | Because I want to have fun this year. | 今年 我就找乐子 | 
| [07:56] | And my relationships are not fun. | 我的恋情都太没劲了 | 
| [07:58] | Ergo, to wit, don’t have any. | 如此一来 干脆不谈了 | 
| [08:01] | I’m using a little legal jargon there for your comfort. | 为了取悦你 我用了法律术语哦 | 
| [08:03] | I noticed that. | 注意到了 | 
| [08:04] | I’m gonna do fun things. | 我要找点好玩的事 | 
| [08:05] | I’m gonna go to museums | 参观博物馆啊 | 
| [08:07] | and, you know, read more. | 还有 多读书啊 | 
| [08:10] | I’m gonna have a girls’ night out with my sister. | 和妹妹一起 来个女生狂欢夜啊 | 
| [08:13] | When’s the last time we had a girls’ night out? | 咱上次一起出去玩是啥时候? | 
| [08:15] | I don’t actually know that we’ve ever had | 咱就没有过女生狂欢夜 | 
| [08:16] | a girls’ night out. | |
| [08:17] | Come on, wouldn’t it be fun? | 拜托 会很有趣啦 | 
| [08:18] | You’re asking me to hang out with you, | – 你约我出去玩? | 
| [08:19] | – is that what’s happening? – Yes. | – 没错 | 
| [08:20] | Do you want to party like it’s 1999 or what? | 想不想来个疯狂的派对 体验下回到99年的感觉? | 
| [08:24] | Okay. | 好啊 | 
| [08:26] | It’s kinda my 13-year-old fantasy coming true actually. | 我十三岁的美梦终于成真啦 | 
| [08:28] | It is? Did you think I was so cool? | – 是吗? | 
| [08:30] | – Yeah. – Aww. | 当时你觉得我这么酷啊? – 是啊 | 
| [08:31] | We get to hang out? My cool older sister? | 咱要一起疯啦? 跟我的酷大姐一起? | 
| [08:33] | Well, now I think you’re cool, | 好嘛 现在换我觉得你很酷 | 
| [08:34] | and I really need you as a friend. | 我很需要你这个朋友哦 | 
| [08:36] | – So what do you say? – Okay. | – 你觉得咋样? – 好啊 | 
| [08:38] | Good. We’re gonna have fun. | 太棒啦 会很有趣的 | 
| [08:43] | Yo, Holt, catch! | 大球星 接球! | 
| [08:46] | What up? Nice catch. | 接得好啊 | 
| [08:47] | What’s up? How was your baseball camp? | 棒球集训营咋样啦? | 
| [08:49] | – Oh, dude, it was awesome. – That’s good. | – 伙计 棒极了 – 那挺好啊 | 
| [08:51] | – Hey, guys. – What’s up, man? | – 伙计们好啊 – 最近好吗? | 
| [08:52] | And it got me away from those crazy relatives, | 帮我摆脱了那帮疯亲戚 | 
| [08:54] | which I could not be happier about. | 让我再开心不过了 | 
| [08:55] | Yeah. | 是嘛 | 
| [08:57] | So what did you end up doing? | 你都干啥了? | 
| [09:00] | I actually spent time with relatives. | 跟家人待着呗 | 
| [09:02] | I’m so sorry to hear that. | 真可怜 | 
| [09:03] | No, it’s fine. My grandfather’s cool. | 不会啊 还不错 我外公很酷的 | 
| [09:05] | He let me drink beer and stuff, | 给我啤酒喝 | 
| [09:06] | and we just hung out. | 跟我一起玩儿呢 | 
| [09:07] | Wait, shh, wait. | 等等 | 
| [09:09] | Your grandpa let you drink? | 你外公让你喝酒? | 
| [09:11] | Oh, yeah, totally. | 是啊 | 
| [09:12] | He always has, like, a case of beer in his fridge | 他车库的冰箱里就有啤酒 | 
| [09:14] | in the garage, and we go back there. | 我们就在那儿喝 | 
| [09:16] | And he just let you… | 让你… | 
| [09:17] | You guys just drink casually together? | 随意喝? | 
| [09:19] | – Yeah. – That’s awesome, dude. | – 对 – 伙计 真不赖啊 | 
| [09:21] | It’s so rad. | 真羡慕你 | 
| [09:22] | His grandpa’s got a bar in the garage. | 他外公车库里有个酒吧哦 | 
| [09:24] | I think that that sounds like a field trip. | – 咱该来个实地考察 | 
| [09:27] | Yeah, it does. | – 没错 | 
| [09:29] | Would that be cool, | 放学后 | 
| [09:31] | if we came over after school | 咱去你那喝点酒 | 
| [09:32] | and got some brewskis? | 成吗? | 
| [09:36] | Yeah, totally. | 没问题 | 
| [09:38] | Rock on, man. | 酷毙了 | 
| [09:39] | – Hell, yeah. – Par-tay, yes! | – 赞 – 聚会咯 | 
| [09:40] | – Dude, awesome. – Yeah. | 伙计 真有你的 | 
| [09:45] | This is gonna help you, little guy. | 小可怜 喝点水会好的 | 
| [09:50] | Well, crap. | 糟糕 | 
| [09:55] | Oh, that’s dead. | 还是死了 | 
| [09:58] | Oh, man. | |
| [09:59] | How’s Amelia? | Amelia还好吗? | 
| [10:00] | Oh, uh… | |
| [10:01] | She… she’s great. | 她… 挺好的 | 
| [10:03] | She just, uh… | 刚… | 
| [10:05] | Drank some water, and now she’s, um, sleeping. | 喝了点水 现在睡着了 | 
| [10:09] | Shh, we should be quiet then. | 那咱小点声 | 
| [10:11] | Come on up into my room and play. | 来我房里玩吧 | 
| [10:12] | Okay, good idea. | 好主意 | 
| [10:22] | There you go. | 给你 | 
| [10:23] | You know, you’d never know it | 跟你们说 | 
| [10:24] | ’cause she’s always wearing that green dress thing, | 别看Watson老师总穿着那条绿裙子 | 
| [10:26] | but miss Watson is super hot. | 她可超辣的 | 
| [10:29] | Miss Watson? | Watson老师? | 
| [10:29] | Yeah, I saw her last summer | 暑假时 | 
| [10:31] | playing volleyball in booty shorts. | 我见她穿着热裤打排球了 | 
| [10:32] | She pulls it off. | 超在行的 | 
| [10:34] | Nah, I’m all about miss Gonzales. | 我喜欢Gonzales老师 | 
| [10:35] | – Oh, that’s true. – Muy bonita. | – 的确 – 美呆了 | 
| [10:37] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. | 是啊 是啊 | 
| [10:38] | They should not let 28-year-olds teach Spanish | 真不该让个28岁的美女 | 
| [10:41] | to high school dudes. | 教高中生西班牙语 | 
| [10:42] | Every time she rolls that “r” I can’t concentrate. | 她一发卷舌音 我就分心 | 
| [10:44] | I just want to get, like, right under that tongue and… | 真想钻到她舌头底下去 | 
| [10:47] | Oh, God. | 天啊 | 
| [10:48] | I wouldn’t really mind being in one of those | 我完全不介意跟她传师生恋 | 
| [10:50] | teacher/student sex scandal things with her. | |
| [10:52] | – Hello. – Amen. | – 那是 – 赞成 | 
| [10:54] | Yo quiero sexo with miss Gonzales. | 我想跟Gonzales老师爱爱 | 
| [10:56] | Is that even Spanish? | 这是西班牙语吗? | 
| [10:57] | You’re foolin’, dude. | 伙计 你就是个傻蛋 | 
| [10:58] | How would you conjugate | 西语”脱光光给我看”怎么说? | 
| [11:00] | “let me see you naked” in Spanish? | |
| [11:04] | – I don’t think that’s… – I failed. | – 这不是… | 
| [11:06] | Gonna let you all know. | – 西语我不及格 | 
| [11:08] | Yeah, I think that would be, | 我觉得应该是 | 
| [11:12] | “dejeme por favor verle desnudo.” | “再乱说话 就让你脱光光给人看” | 
| [11:18] | Hola, amigos. | 大伙儿好啊 | 
| [11:20] | Hola. | 您好 | 
| [11:22] | Hey. | |
| [11:24] | So guess what, the bar is now closed. | 酒吧打烊了 | 
| [11:26] | I didn’t see any cars in the driveway. | 没开车吧 | 
| [11:28] | So you guys should be walking home, correct? | 那就都乖乖走回家咯 | 
| [11:31] | – Yes, sir. | – Yes, sir. – 好的 先生 – 好的 先生 | 
| [11:33] | – Andale. – Okay. | – 去吧 – 好吧 | 
| [11:35] | I’ll see you at school, in Spanish. | – 学校见咯 – 说西班牙语 | 
| [11:37] | Sorry. | 抱歉 | 
| [11:39] | Hey, gringo, you got my beer there. | 外国小伙 啤酒还我 | 
| [11:41] | Sorry, sir. Later. | 不好意思 先生 | 
| [11:44] | Grandpa, I’ll pay you back for these if you want. | 外公 我会赔酒给你的 | 
| [11:49] | Grandson, when I gave you that beer at Thanksgiving, | 乖孙子 感恩节我让你喝酒 | 
| [11:52] | this isn’t what I had in mind. | 可没想到你会这样 | 
| [11:54] | I know. I totally know that. | 我知道 | 
| [11:55] | Drew, you look at me. | Drew 看着我 | 
| [12:01] | You are such a good kid. | 你是个好孩子 | 
| [12:03] | You don’t need to impress anybody. | 没必要取悦别人 | 
| [12:07] | You hear me? | 明白吗? | 
| [12:08] | All right. | 明白 – 这种事不能再发生 听明白了? – 懂了 | 
| [12:09] | And I don’t want this to happen again. | 明白 – 这种事不能再发生 | 
| [12:11] | – All right? – Okay. | 听明白了? – 懂了 | 
| [12:24] | The thing is you never know | 你永远不知道箱子里有啥 | 
| [12:25] | what’s gonna be in these boxes. | |
| [12:27] | Why? What do you mean? | 啥意思? | 
| [12:28] | Excuse me. | 拜托 | 
| [12:29] | People will donate anything. | 捐啥的都有 | 
| [12:30] | We gotta go through these boxes and figure out | 咱得逐个检查 | 
| [12:32] | if people will actually wear these clothes. | 看有啥能穿的 | 
| [12:34] | Why, what’s, like, the weirdest thing | 你见过最诡异的是啥? | 
| [12:35] | that you’ve found? | |
| [12:36] | You know, this rates | 这玩意儿就至少能排前五 | 
| [12:37] | up in the top five at least. | |
| [12:40] | – This is hot, right? – That’s disgusting. | – 性感吧? – 恶心死了 | 
| [12:42] | That’s disgusting. This shouldn’t be in here. | 太恶心了 捐这玩意儿干啥 | 
| [12:43] | What’s this? This is not clothing. | 这是啥啊? | 
| [12:45] | This is so weird. | 又不是衣服 真诡异 | 
| [12:47] | This shirt is horrible. | 这衬衫太差劲了 | 
| [12:48] | Like, my grandfather would not even… This stuff is horrible. | 我爷爷都不穿的… | 
| [12:51] | Hey, dad. | 爸 | 
| [12:52] | – Hey. – What are you doing here? | 你在这干啥? | 
| [12:55] | Well, I was in the area, and I wanted to stop by | 刚好在附近 就过来看一眼 | 
| [12:58] | and see where you’ve been spending so much time. | 看你一天到晚泡在这儿都做啥 | 
| [13:04] | Right. | 好吧 | 
| [13:06] | Alex. | – 我是Alex | 
| [13:07] | Adam Braverman. | – 我是Adam Braverman | 
| [13:08] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Braverman. | – Braverman先生 | 
| [13:09] | Pleased to meet you. | 很高兴认识您 – 我也是 | 
| [13:09] | Oh, you can just call him “Adam.” | 叫他Adam就行 | 
| [13:11] | You have a great girl. | 你女儿很棒 | 
| [13:12] | She’s been a huge help to me around here. | 帮了我很多忙 | 
| [13:15] | Well, thank you very much. | 谢谢夸奖 | 
| [13:17] | She’s a good kid. | 她确实是个好孩子 | 
| [13:20] | Okay, I was gonna take the bus home, | 我正想坐公车回家 | 
| [13:23] | but since you’re here, why don’t we just go now? | 既然你来了 那一起回家吧? | 
| [13:25] | – Okay. – I’ll see you. | – 好 – 回头见 | 
| [13:27] | Nice to meet you, Alex. | – Alex 很高兴认识你 – 我也是 | 
| [13:27] | Nice to meet you too. | – Alex 很高兴认识你 – 我也是 | 
| [13:28] | – See ya. – Bye. | – 回见 – 拜 | 
| [13:34] | Alex – Dad. – Say, Alex? | |
| [13:38] | I was wondering if you’d like to come over some night for dinner. | 有空来我家吃个饭吗? | 
| [13:42] | Dad, he’s really busy here. | – 爸 | 
| [13:43] | Once second. | 他很忙的 – 你别说话 | 
| [13:44] | You know, I’d actually love that. | 好啊 | 
| [13:46] | – Yeah? – Yeah, a lot. | – 真的? – 非常乐意 | 
| [13:47] | – How’s Wednesday? – Wednesday works. | – 周三如何? – 行 | 
| [13:49] | Great. We’ll see you then. | – 好 | 
| [13:51] | See you then. | 到时见 – 到时见 | 
| [13:57] | See you then. | 到时见 | 
| [13:58] | Come on, honey. | 宝贝 走啦 | 
| [14:09] | Hey, Haddie, I’m gonna go to the market today. | Haddie 我今天要去购物 | 
| [14:11] | What do you think your friend would like for dinner? | 你朋友喜欢吃啥? | 
| [14:12] | Hey, it’s your thing. You should really go wild. | 随便 你做主就行 | 
| [14:15] | Well, we don’t want to, you know, double up | 咱可不想拿救济中心的饭菜充数 | 
| [14:17] | on anything you guys make at the soup kitchen. | |
| [14:18] | – Like soup. – No soup. | – 要啥汤? – 别做汤啦 | 
| [14:21] | Mom, are you gonna make something weird? | 妈 你又要烧奇怪的菜了? | 
| [14:23] | Because usually when guests come over, | 每次有客人来 | 
| [14:25] | you make weird stuff. | 你就那样 | 
| [14:26] | I don’t cook weird stuff. | 我才没有 | 
| [14:27] | Who’s the guest? | 是谁要来? | 
| [14:28] | We’re gonna make something nice. | 咱得做点好吃的 | 
| [14:29] | – It’s nobody. – Who’s the guest? | – 没谁 – 是谁啊? | 
| [14:30] | Just somebody that I work with that dad wanted to come over. | 就是和我一起工作的人 爸爸非要让他过来吃饭 | 
| [14:32] | Is it the boy from the food bank that you lied about? | 救济中心的男生? 为了见他 你才撒谎的? | 
| [14:35] | – Hey, hey, hey, hey. – No hitting! | 不许打我 | 
| [14:37] | That was uncalled for, okay? | 这可是你不对了 | 
| [14:38] | You don’t have to shove your brother’s head. | 别打弟弟啊 | 
| [14:39] | – Exactly. – We were playing. | – 对呀 – 我逗他玩呢 | 
| [14:40] | – How about Rosemary chicken? – Fine. | – 迷迭香鸡排咋样? – 行啊 | 
| [14:46] | Things look sad when they’re dead. | 生命逝去真让人难过 | 
| [14:49] | Great observation, honey. | 真有眼力 | 
| [14:51] | Mortality makes you snippy. | 知道自己不能永生 就变暴躁啦? | 
| [14:53] | I just feel uncomfortable lying to Syd. | 骗了Syd 我心里难受 | 
| [14:56] | Well, all right, we’ll tell her. | 好 那咱就告诉她呗 | 
| [14:58] | – Yeah? – We’ll tell her, yeah. | – 真的? – 真的啊 | 
| [14:59] | – Good. – What should we say? | – 很好 – 那咋说呢? | 
| [15:02] | I was thinking something along the lines of, | 要不就说 | 
| [15:03] | “the bird is dead.” You like that? | “小鸟死了”? | 
| [15:06] | Well, that’s a little harsh. | 残酷点了吧 | 
| [15:08] | What else can we say? | 那还能说啥? | 
| [15:08] | I mean, it’s nature, it is harsh. | 大自然本来就是残酷的 | 
| [15:10] | Well, does she need to know at age six that nature’s harsh? | 可她才六岁 有必要告诉她实情吗? | 
| [15:13] | If Syd lived on a farm, | 要是她在农场上长大 | 
| [15:15] | she’d have seen death 100 times by now. | 估计早习惯了 | 
| [15:17] | Let’s move to a farm. | 那咱搬去农场咯 | 
| [15:19] | She’s so innocent and happy, | 她那么天真快乐 | 
| [15:21] | and she doesn’t understand. | 肯定理解不了的 | 
| [15:22] | It’s just, who wants to bring | 谁来告诉她呢? | 
| [15:25] | that little surprise to the party? | |
| [15:29] | Well, if we bring up heaven, | 要是咱说小鸟去了天堂 | 
| [15:31] | it’ll be a lot less scary. | 就没那么吓人了 | 
| [15:34] | No. | 不行 | 
| [15:36] | I mean, I know you and I are probably not going, but… | 我知道咱俩可能去不了 | 
| [15:39] | Funny. | 好好笑哦 | 
| [15:39] | What exactly are you gonna tell her about heaven? | 你准备跟她怎么描述天堂? | 
| [15:43] | Normal stuff. | 就像大家说的那样啊 | 
| [15:44] | You mean the made-up stuff? | 人们编的那些瞎话? | 
| [15:46] | Yeah, the made-up stuff. | 没错 | 
| [15:48] | I don’t want to lie to her. | 我不想骗她 | 
| [15:49] | You don’t know that it’s lying. | 你咋知道那是骗人的 | 
| [15:50] | You don’t know. | 不能乱说 大家都不知道是真是假 | 
| [15:51] | Exactly, you don’t know. | 不能乱说 大家都不知道是真是假 | 
| [15:53] | That’s the point. That’s what faith is. | 这才是关键 | 
| [15:54] | You don’t know. | 信仰就是这样 就是因为你不知道啊 | 
| [15:56] | Is Amelia awake yet? | Amelia醒了吗? | 
| [15:57] | Hi, sweetie! | 宝贝 | 
| [15:59] | No, she’s still asleep. | 没 她还睡着呢 | 
| [16:01] | – Yep. – She’s sleeping a lot. | – 是的 – 她真喜欢睡 | 
| [16:02] | Yeah, mm-hmm. | – 是啊 – 是啊 | 
| [16:04] | You know, birds when they’re recovering | 鸟儿被撞伤后 | 
| [16:07] | from a concussion, | 要睡好久才能恢复的 – | 
| [16:08] | which is what Amelia is recovering from, | 就像Amelia这样 | 
| [16:10] | they do tend to sleep a lot. | – 要睡很久哦 | 
| [16:12] | Tons. | – 得睡一两天吧 – 没准三天呢 小鸟常这样的 | 
| [16:13] | I mean, a day or two days. | – 得睡一两天吧 | 
| [16:15] | Even three, not uncommon for a bird. | – 没准三天呢 小鸟常这样的 | 
| [16:17] | Yeah, because glass is so hard, | 玻璃好硬的 | 
| [16:20] | and their brains are so very, very soft. | 小鸟的头很脆弱 | 
| [16:24] | Okay, but I can’t wait till she wakes up. | 好吧 不过我都等不及啦 | 
| [16:27] | – Mm-hmm. – Yeah, me… me too. | 对啊 我… 也是 | 
| [16:30] | Get outta here, guys. | 你们该走啦 | 
| [16:31] | Okay, time for school. | 是啊 该去上学了 | 
| [16:33] | – Bye, daddy. – Good-bye, turnip. | – 爸 拜拜 – 拜 | 
| [16:35] | – Love you. | – Love you. – 我爱你 – 我也爱你 | 
| [16:35] | Have a good one. | 祝你开心 | 
| [16:37] | Uh-huh. | |
| [16:38] | – This can’t go on. – I know. | – 不能再瞒下去了 – 我知道 | 
| [16:45] | Hey, your mom’s gonna be home soon. | 妈妈快回来了 | 
| [16:47] | You want to clean up your room a little bit? | 收拾下房间吧? | 
| [16:49] | After I’m done playing. | 不玩了再收拾 | 
| [16:51] | Excuse me? | 你说啥? | 
| [16:52] | After I’m done playing. | 玩好了再说 | 
| [16:53] | Oh, yeah, when’s that gonna be, | 啥时候玩好? | 
| [16:54] | when you’re 11 and start liking girls? | 等你11岁 谈恋爱了再收? | 
| [16:55] | What? | 啥? | 
| [16:57] | All right, listen, | 听着 | 
| [16:59] | let’s have a little talk. A little man talk. | 咱来像男子汉一样谈谈吧 | 
| [17:02] | All right, okay. | 我不想像别的老爸那样 | 
| [17:04] | Now I don’t want to do that generic dad thing | |
| [17:06] | and bark orders at you or bribe you. | 对你大呼小叫或是哄着惯着 | 
| [17:09] | I want to talk to you like a man. | 我把你当成小男子汉 | 
| [17:11] | You’re a mature young man. | 你是个成熟的小伙子了 | 
| [17:12] | I think we can talk about this logically. | – 要讲道理 | 
| [17:14] | – Can we have a man talk? – Mm-hmm. | 谈谈吧? – 好啊 | 
| [17:16] | Okay. | 我知道你不喜欢收拾房间 | 
| [17:17] | You don’t like cleaning your room, I get it. | |
| [17:19] | I don’t like cleaning my room either. | 我也不喜欢 | 
| [17:20] | But it’s important… Hey, look at me. | 可这很重要… 看着我 | 
| [17:22] | It’s important to your mom, okay? | 对你妈妈很重要 明白吗? | 
| [17:24] | So that means we gotta do it. | 所以咱就得好好干 | 
| [17:26] | ‘Cause our job as guys, | 作为男人 | 
| [17:28] | we gotta make our ladies happy. | 咱得让女人开心 | 
| [17:30] | – All right? – Okay. | – 明白? – 明白啦 | 
| [17:32] | – Does that make sense? – Mm-hmm. | – 听懂啦? – 懂啦 | 
| [17:33] | Okay, good. | 很好 | 
| [17:35] | So you’ll clean up your room? | 那开始收拾吧? | 
| [17:36] | – | – Yep. – Okay. | 
| [17:38] | All right, you know what, | 好 | 
| [17:39] | I’ll even help you this one time. | – 这次老爸帮你 | 
| [17:41] | But then you gotta do it yourself after that. | 不过 以后你就得自己来了 | 
| [17:43] | It’ll be our secret. | 这是咱俩的小秘密哦 | 
| [17:45] | Secret on three? | 倒数三下? | 
| [17:46] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 | 
| [17:48] | Secret! | 秘密哦 | 
| [17:49] | All right, great. | 很好 | 
| [17:50] | See? That’s how you communicate. | 这才叫沟通 | 
| [17:52] | You make a plan and you get it done. | 制定计划 然后完成 | 
| [17:55] | Just two guys teaming up on a hard job. | 爷俩合作 所向披靡 | 
| [18:01] | Work just blows right by. | 困难迎刃而解 | 
| [18:07] | Hey. | |
| [18:08] | Hey. | 听说你请了几个朋友来家里做客 | 
| [18:09] | Oh, hey, I heard you had some of the guys over. | 听说你请了几个朋友来家里做客 | 
| [18:12] | – Grandpa told me. – Yeah. | – 外公说的 – 是啊 | 
| [18:15] | What are you guys doing, making trouble? | 你们干啥啦? 闯祸了? | 
| [18:19] | Look, mom, it wasn’t that big of a deal, okay? | 妈 没那么严重 好吧? | 
| [18:21] | – We just… – What? | – 咱… – 咋啦? | 
| [18:22] | We had a few beers. | 就喝了点啤酒 | 
| [18:23] | No one was drunk or anything. | 没人喝醉 也没闯祸 | 
| [18:24] | – What? – Nothing. | – 你说啥? – 没啥 | 
| [18:27] | – No, um… – Look, mom, I had the guys… | – 不是 这… – 妈 我请他们来… | 
| [18:29] | – who gave you beer? – Nobody. | – 谁给你啤酒的? – 没人 | 
| [18:30] | I knew that it was in grandpa’s barn, | 我知道外公车库里有啤酒 | 
| [18:33] | so I invited them over, | 所以 我就请他们来 | 
| [18:34] | and we had a few beers. | 喝了点啤酒 | 
| [18:36] | I mean, me and grandpa had a beer on Thanksgiving. | 感恩节时 外公和我喝了点啤酒 | 
| [18:39] | And I told them about it, | 我告诉了朋友们 | 
| [18:40] | and they kind of invited themselves over. | 然后 他们就不请自来了 | 
| [18:43] | And, I don’t know, they were just using me obviously. | 很显然 我被利用了 | 
| [18:47] | So grandpa gave you a beer on Thanksgiving? | – 感恩节时 | 
| [18:51] | Uh, yeah. | 外公让你喝酒了 – 是的 | 
| [18:52] | Okay, well, you’re not to have them over again. | 好吧 别再请他们来家里了 | 
| [18:56] | Look, mom, can we talk about this later? | 妈 | 
| [18:58] | Sorry. | 能不能以后再谈? 对不起 | 
| [19:11] | – Hey, dad. – Yeah? | – 爸 – 咋啦? | 
| [19:13] | Did you give Drew a beer at Thanksgiving? | 感恩节时 你让Drew喝啤酒了? | 
| [19:17] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [19:18] | Yeah, and I gave one to Adam and Crosby | Adam和Crosby那么大时 | 
| [19:20] | at about the same age. Why? | 我也给他们喝了 咋啦? | 
| [19:23] | I really wish you hadn’t done that. | 真希望你没这么做 | 
| [19:25] | And I hope you won’t do that again. | 以后别这么干了 | 
| [19:29] | Well, sweetheart, I don’t know. | 宝贝 | 
| [19:30] | I think it’s a good idea to teach guys how to handle alcohol | 该教他们怎样正确饮酒 | 
| [19:33] | before they go out there and make idiots out of themselves. | 总比以后他们自己出去丢人要好 | 
| [19:36] | Maybe that was okay for Adam and Crosby, | 这对Adam和Crosby也许奏效 | 
| [19:37] | but they didn’t have a father who was an alcoholic. | 因为他们的老爸不是酒鬼 | 
| [19:42] | Well… | |
| [19:44] | I don’t know if Seth was an alcoholic. | 我不知道Seth是个酒鬼 | 
| [19:46] | I know that he was a self-indulgent bum | 只知道他是个放纵的懒蛋 | 
| [19:48] | that couldn’t get a job. | 连工作都找不到 | 
| [19:53] | Seth is an alcoholic. | Seth是个酒鬼 | 
| [19:57] | Seth is a drug addict. | 还是个瘾君子 | 
| [20:01] | And you should have told me | 你发现他们喝酒 | 
| [20:03] | you found those guys in there drinking. | 就该告诉我 | 
| [20:06] | Okay, now wait a minute here. | 等下 | 
| [20:08] | I shut it down, honey. | 我训斥了他们 | 
| [20:11] | I handled it. | 处理得很好啊 | 
| [20:12] | So I really don’t see what the problem is here. | 真不明白有啥问题 | 
| [20:15] | The problem is I chose an addict | 问题是我找了个酒鬼 | 
| [20:17] | to be the father of my children, | 生了俩孩子 | 
| [20:19] | and I worry every day that they have that in them too. | 每天都担心孩子们 会走上他们父亲的老路 | 
| [20:24] | So please… | 所以… | 
| [20:28] | Let me handle this, okay? | 这事让我来处理 好吗? | 
| [20:32] | Okay. | – 好的 | 
| [20:33] | Thank you. | – 谢谢 | 
| [20:47] | – Just let me answer the door. – We’ll get the door. | – 我来开门 | 
| [20:49] | We got it, we got it. | – 我们来就好 | 
| [20:52] | Hi, Alex. | Alex 你好 – 大家好 – 你好 | 
| [20:52] | – Hey, how you guys doing? – How are you? | Alex 你好 – 大家好 – 你好 | 
| [20:54] | Thanks for having me. | 谢谢你们邀请我 – 我是Kristina – 你好 幸会 | 
| [20:55] | – Hi, I’m Kristina. – Hello, pleasure. | 谢谢你们邀请我 – 我是Kristina – 你好 幸会 | 
| [20:56] | – Nice to meet you. – Smells great in here. | – 我也是 – 好香啊 | 
| [20:58] | – I cooked all day. – Thank you. | – 做了很多好吃的哦 | 
| [20:59] | You didn’t have to bring flowers. | – 谢谢 没必要买花啦 | 
| [21:01] | Well, they’re not actually for you. | 不是给你的啦 | 
| [21:03] | – They’re for your mom. – Oh. | 是给你妈妈的 | 
| [21:05] | You’re kidding. | 真的啊 你真是太好了 谢谢 | 
| [21:06] | That is so sweet of you. Thank you. | 真的啊 你真是太好了 谢谢 | 
| [21:08] | Is this Haddie’s boyfriend? | 你是Haddie的男朋友吗? | 
| [21:10] | Uh, this is my brother Max. | 我弟弟 Max | 
| [21:13] | Hey, what’s going on? | 小伙子 你好啊 久闻大名啊 | 
| [21:13] | I heard a lot about you, little man. | 小伙子 你好啊 久闻大名啊 | 
| [21:16] | You’re black. | 你是黑人 | 
| [21:19] | Sorry, I’m sure Haddie told you about Max. | 抱歉 Haddie跟你说过Max的事吧 | 
| [21:20] | Max, that is not polite. | Max 这样不礼貌 | 
| [21:22] | No, it’s quite all right. You’re absolutely right. | 没关系 你说的没错 | 
| [21:24] | I am black. Technically a little brown. | 我是黑人 严格来说 是棕种人 | 
| [21:26] | You know, my Uncle Crosby’s marrying a black woman, | 我叔叔Crosby娶了个黑人 | 
| [21:28] | and they have a son who’s half-black. | 他们的儿子就有一半黑人血统 | 
| [21:30] | And if you and Haddie had a kid, | 假如你和Haddie生了个小孩 | 
| [21:31] | he’d look just like Jabbar. | 他就会跟Jabbar长得一样啦 | 
| [21:33] | Oh, we’re gonna go and check the chicken. | 咱去看看鸡肉熟了没 | 
| [21:34] | Jabbar would have a twin. | Jabbar会有个孪生兄弟的 | 
| [21:36] | Wouldn’t that be so awesome, guys? | 多炫啊 | 
| [21:37] | That’s probably not gonna happen tonight. | 这个今晚是不太可能发生了 | 
| [21:39] | Yeah, probably not. | 没错 不可能 | 
| [21:42] | So the cool thing about the Hercules beetle | 巨犀金龟可有意思了 | 
| [21:44] | is that it’s sexually dimorphic. | 它们是两性异形的 | 
| [21:46] | Hmm, I knew there was something special | 我知道它们很特别 | 
| [21:47] | about that beetle. | |
| [21:48] | Now the female Hercules beetle | 雌性巨犀金龟没有角 | 
| [21:50] | does not have horns. | |
| [21:51] | It’s larger-bodied but shorter than the male. | 体型比雄性大 长度却不及雄性 | 
| [21:55] | Yeah, I have a book in my room that shows you the difference. | 我房里有本书 有详细的说明 | 
| [21:58] | Well, that’s cool. I want to see it. | 太好了 我想看看呢 | 
| [21:59] | You know, I like bugs too. | 我也喜欢虫子 | 
| [22:01] | I had to live with them sometimes growing up. | 从小就跟它们打交道 | 
| [22:03] | Why? | 为啥? | 
| [22:05] | Because bugs tend to live in old buildings, | 因为虫子喜欢住在老房子里 | 
| [22:07] | buildings that haven’t really been taken care of. | 年久失修的那种 | 
| [22:13] | Oh, you’re poor. | 你是穷人啊 | 
| [22:14] | Max. I’m so sorry. | Max 真抱歉 | 
| [22:16] | It’s… it’s all right. | 没关系 | 
| [22:18] | I prefer honesty in people. | 我喜欢人们说实话 | 
| [22:19] | So Alex, how did you get involved with the food bank? | Alex 你是咋加入救济中心的? | 
| [22:22] | Um, that’s a funny story. | 说来有趣 | 
| [22:25] | I… I used to eat there. | 我在那儿接受过救济 | 
| [22:28] | Really? | 真的? 对 是它救了我 | 
| [22:29] | Yeah, that place saved my life. | 真的? 对 是它救了我 | 
| [22:31] | Wow. | 真不容易 | 
| [22:33] | That’s something. | |
| [22:35] | Yeah, my mom passed away a few years ago, | 我妈几年前去世了 | 
| [22:38] | and it was… | 所以… | 
| [22:39] | Sorry to hear that. | 很遗憾 | 
| [22:40] | Really sorry. I didn’t know that. | 真的很遗憾 我不知道还有这回事 | 
| [22:41] | Thanks, no, it’s okay. I’m all right. | 谢谢 没关系 | 
| [22:43] | It was a while ago. | 我没事的 都过去了 | 
| [22:44] | But my dad, | 不过我爸… | 
| [22:47] | he never really recovered. | 一直没法走出阴影 | 
| [22:49] | He was in a bad place. | 他的处境很不好 | 
| [22:51] | Had some… some demons | 他有些… | 
| [22:53] | he couldn’t get rid of. | 坏习惯 | 
| [22:56] | He wouldn’t get help. | 摆脱不了 也不愿接受帮助 | 
| [22:58] | So I ate quite a few meals there. | 所以 | 
| [23:04] | Wow. | 我接受了很长时间的救济 | 
| [23:06] | Must have been a difficult time. | 日子肯定不好过吧 | 
| [23:08] | I mean, it was. | 是 | 
| [23:09] | But you can’t make people’s choices for them, right? | 但问题总要自己解决 对吧? | 
| [23:12] | So when I was 16, | 所以 | 
| [23:14] | I emancipated myself. | 我十六岁就独自生活了 | 
| [23:16] | Mm-hmm, which was really brave. | 这么做很勇敢 | 
| [23:19] | So you’ve been living like an adult | 你像Haddie这么大时 | 
| [23:21] | since you were Haddie’s age? | 就像成人一样生活了? | 
| [23:23] | – 16? – Mm-hmm. | – 从十六岁开始? – 是啊 | 
| [23:25] | – Wow. – Very impressive. | 很厉害啊 | 
| [23:27] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [23:28] | I mean, to be completely honest, | 老实说 | 
| [23:30] | I had no idea what I was getting myself into. | 当时 我也搞不清状况 | 
| [23:32] | – Yeah. – But I’m in a good place now. | – 可不是嘛 – 不过我现在挺好 | 
| [23:34] | I’m getting my credits together to finish high school, | 正努力读完高中 | 
| [23:36] | managing the food bank. | 管理好救济中心 | 
| [23:38] | What I really want to do is have a career | 我想在社会服务领域做出点成就 | 
| [23:39] | in social services. | |
| [23:41] | Or politics, remember? | 还有政界啊 记得吗? | 
| [23:42] | Or politics. | 那也不错 | 
| [23:44] | But I really want to give back to the system first. | 不过我真的很想先回报救济中心 | 
| [23:45] | I know, but I mean, we talked about | 这我知道 可咱已经讨论过 | 
| [23:47] | – you would do well. – I guess. | – 最好还是从政 – 好吧 | 
| [23:49] | Want to go to college? | 想上大学吗? | 
| [23:51] | – College? – Yep. | – 大学? – 对啊 | 
| [23:52] | I’d like that. | 想啊 | 
| [23:53] | I’d have to figure some things out first. | 但还有问题要解决 | 
| [23:56] | But right now I really want to get through a year | 我想坚持治疗 | 
| [23:58] | on the program. | 满一年再说 | 
| [23:59] | What program? | 啥治疗? | 
| [24:02] | I’m in a.A. | AA的治疗 | 
| [24:07] | What does that mean? | 啥意思? | 
| [24:08] | I’ve heard it before. | 我以前听过这个名字 | 
| [24:10] | It’s alcoholics anonymous. | 就是匿名戒酒会 | 
| [24:12] | So you’re an alcoholic? | 你酗酒? | 
| [24:13] | Well, not anymore. | 以后都不会了 | 
| [24:14] | Well, you’re always an alcoholic. | 还是有可能再犯的 | 
| [24:17] | Just I’ve been sober for six months. | 但我已经戒酒半年了 | 
| [24:19] | Good for you. | – 那很好 – 这话题太无聊了 | 
| [24:20] | Yeah, this is really boring. | – 那很好 – 这话题太无聊了 | 
| [24:21] | My bug book would be so much more interesting than this. | 还是我的书有意思 | 
| [24:24] | I’m gonna go get it. | – 我去拿 | 
| [24:25] | All right. | – 好吧 | 
| [24:27] | I just got my six-month chip. | 我刚拿到戒酒半年的奖章 | 
| [24:29] | Haddie went with me. | – Haddie也在场 | 
| [24:30] | She did? Congratulations. | – 是吗? 祝贺你 | 
| [24:31] | That’s great. | 好极了 | 
| [24:32] | You should be really proud of yourself. | 你该为自己感到自豪 | 
| [24:33] | – That’s tough to do. – Good for you. | – 戒酒不容易的 | 
| [24:40] | Um… | – 做得好 | 
| [24:42] | I’m solid. | 我是个可靠的人 | 
| [24:45] | I want you guys to know that. | 希望你们能明白 | 
| [24:48] | I get that you guys are parents, | 我了解你们身为父母 | 
| [24:49] | and I understand how crazy all this must sound, | 听我讲这些有多疯狂 | 
| [24:56] | but you go down the road you go down when you’re younger. | 年轻的时候 犯错在所难免 | 
| [25:00] | You learn what you learn from watching, | 所见所闻 | 
| [25:03] | imitating what you see, what’s right in front of you. | 都会成为模仿的对象 | 
| [25:06] | But when you grow up, | 但长大后 | 
| [25:08] | you get to make your own choices, | 就得为所做的抉择负责 | 
| [25:10] | choices that are gonna define who you are, | 这些抉择会体现你的为人 | 
| [25:14] | your morals, what you will stand for, | 道德 | 
| [25:16] | or what you’ll fall for, | 立场 还有信仰 | 
| [25:19] | who you want to be. | 以及你想成为哪种人 | 
| [25:23] | Well, I want to be completely honest with you guys. | 我不想欺骗你们 | 
| [25:27] | So thank you for letting me be. | 谢谢你们耐心的倾听 | 
| [25:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你说实话 | 
| [25:35] | Thank you for being so honest. | 谢谢你这么诚实 | 
| [25:49] | All right, honey. | 亲爱的 | 
| [25:50] | Hmm? | |
| [25:52] | I was very impressed with him. | 我很感动 | 
| [25:54] | Mm-hmm. | 他能如此成熟地处理自己的问题 | 
| [25:55] | Just the way he handles himself | 他能如此成熟地处理自己的问题 | 
| [25:56] | is incredibly mature and decent. | |
| [25:59] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [26:02] | I agree. | 我也觉得 | 
| [26:03] | He’s been through a lot. | – 他经历了很多事 | 
| [26:03] | Yeah, it’s amazing how grounded he is. | – 是啊 那么脚踏实地 | 
| [26:05] | He’s a great guy, and he’s charming. | 人挺好的 也很有魅力 | 
| [26:08] | He’s sweet. | 是啊 还很善解人意 | 
| [26:08] | He’s very nice to Haddie. | 是啊 | 
| [26:09] | He’s a hard worker. | 还很善解人意 | 
| [26:11] | He’s obviously a smart kid. | – 而且很聪明 | 
| [26:12] | He’s very smart. | – 可不是嘛 | 
| [26:14] | He’s gracious. | 还很有礼貌 | 
| [26:18] | I mean, he lives by himself. | 自己照顾自己 | 
| [26:21] | He lives like an adult. | 像个大人一样 | 
| [26:22] | He has his own place. | 有自己的公寓 | 
| [26:23] | He didn’t finish high school either. | 不过高中没毕业 | 
| [26:24] | Well, he’s working on that, | 他正在补救嘛 | 
| [26:26] | and, look, I give him a lot of credit for that | 还在努力戒酒 我很看好他 | 
| [26:27] | and for getting sober. Yeah, I do too. | 我也是 | 
| [26:29] | But all of that, it’s just, it’s too much | 但这一切 | 
| [26:31] | to put on the plate of our 16-year-old daughter. | 对女儿来说可能过于沉重了 | 
| [26:34] | I completely agree. | 完全同意 | 
| [26:35] | If she were 21 years old, different story. | 要是她二十一岁了 那另当别论 | 
| [26:37] | – Totally different. – Completely different. | – 当然 – 完全不同嘛 | 
| [26:39] | But she’s not 21. She’s 16. | 但她只有十六岁啊 | 
| [26:42] | And… | 还太年轻 | 
| [26:43] | That’s way too young. | |
| [26:46] | We have to tell her tomorrow. | 明天跟她谈谈吧 | 
| [26:48] | It’s better to end it now | 现在结束总比以后认真起来 | 
| [26:49] | than to let it continue and get serious. | 再分手要好 | 
| [26:51] | It’s the right thing to do. | 咱是为她好 | 
| [26:53] | Definitely. | 当然 | 
| [27:02] | She’s gonna hate us. | 她会恨死咱的 | 
| [27:19] | She died? | 小鸟死了? | 
| [27:22] | When? | 啥时候的事? | 
| [27:24] | Uh, just, like, an hour ago. | 差不多一小时前吧 | 
| [27:28] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [27:30] | Maybe if we put water on her, she might wake up. | 给它淋点水 说不定它会活过来的 | 
| [27:35] | Actually, sweetie, no, that’s… | 宝贝 不会的… | 
| [27:38] | When you die, that’s it. | 这就意味着生命结束了 | 
| [27:43] | Forever? | 永远? | 
| [27:46] | Yeah. | 对 | 
| [27:48] | Well, that’s sad. | 好伤心哦 | 
| [27:51] | It is… it is sad, bug. | 是… 是啊 | 
| [27:53] | It is sad. | 可不是嘛 | 
| [27:54] | So everything dies? | 大家都会死吗? | 
| [27:57] | Yeah, pretty much, hon. | 亲爱的 是的 | 
| [27:59] | But, you know, um, | 但这也就是世界的美妙之处 | 
| [28:01] | that’s kinda the beauty of the world. | |
| [28:04] | You know, it’s not permanent. | 万物非永恒啊 | 
| [28:08] | Are you and daddy gonna die? | 爸爸妈妈也会死吗? | 
| [28:11] | Am I gonna die? | 我呢? | 
| [28:14] | Not for a really, really long time. | 咱们要很久很久之后才会死的 | 
| [28:18] | Yeah. | 没错 | 
| [28:19] | Like 100 years. | 一百年之后 | 
| [28:22] | I don’t want you to die. I would miss you. | 我不想让你们死 我会想你们的 | 
| [28:30] | Well, you don’t have to, | 不用想我们 | 
| [28:31] | because we’ll see each other in heaven. | 咱会在天堂重逢的 | 
| [28:36] | Heaven is a beautiful place, | 天堂很美的 | 
| [28:40] | and that’s where you go when you die. | 人们死后就会去那儿 | 
| [28:43] | It’s peaceful there. | 那里和平安宁 | 
| [28:45] | And it’s happy. | 充满快乐 | 
| [28:47] | And everyone that you love, | 所有你爱的 | 
| [28:49] | everyone that you miss is there waiting for you. | 想的人都在那儿等你 | 
| [28:54] | You know, I don’t know if you remember this, | 还记不记得 | 
| [28:56] | but when you were really little | 你很小的时候 | 
| [29:01] | daddy’s mom died. | 奶奶去世了 | 
| [29:06] | And she’s there. | 她眼下就在天堂哦 | 
| [29:09] | And you get to see her when you go | 百年后你到了天堂 | 
| [29:12] | in 100 years. | 就可以见她啦 | 
| [29:17] | Okay, that sounds good. | 好吧 还不错 | 
| [29:20] | Will Amelia be there? | Amelia也会去那儿吗? | 
| [29:22] | Yep. | 会的 | 
| [29:23] | Absolutely. | 当然了 | 
| [29:25] | She’s probably there already with your grandma. | 估计这会儿 她已经和奶奶在一起咯 | 
| [29:33] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [29:44] | You just like her because she has big, blue eyes. | 你喜欢她 就是因为她蓝汪汪的大眼睛 | 
| [29:46] | Hey, you guys. | 孩子们 | 
| [29:47] | She likes you. It’s so obvious. | 她喜欢你 很明显嘛 | 
| [29:48] | I could hook something up for you if you’re interested. | 要是你愿意 我可以帮你 | 
| [29:50] | I would have to know for certain | – 我得先确定她对我有意思 | 
| [29:52] | that she felt the same way. She does. | – 她当然对你有意思 | 
| [29:53] | You guys, I don’t know how to… | 孩子们 我不知道… | 
| [29:55] | I don’t know when the right time is | 啥时候才算讨论这事的最佳时机 | 
| [29:57] | to bring this up exactly, | |
| [29:58] | but I’ve been wanting to talk to you. | 但我一直想… | 
| [29:59] | She’s really cute but just make sure you’re not settling. | 她很漂亮 可你别一棵树上吊死哦 | 
| [30:01] | Hey! Hey, guys. | 听我说! | 
| [30:03] | I want to talk to you about drugs and alcohol. | 我想跟你们聊聊药物酒精啥的 | 
| [30:07] | Yeah, okay, sorry, it’s a little late. | 是有点晚了 | 
| [30:09] | I know, you know everything. | 你们现在啥都懂了 | 
| [30:10] | I know how smart you are, okay? | 全都是聪明鬼 行了吧? | 
| [30:11] | – She’s on both right now. – I just want to say… | – 她现在一脚踏两船 – 我就想说… | 
| [30:13] | You know, ’cause Drew, when the… | 因为Drew… | 
| [30:14] | the thing with the beer and stuff. | 喝啤酒的事 | 
| [30:16] | What thing with the beer? | 啤酒? | 
| [30:17] | Are you drinking beer? | 你喝酒啦? | 
| [30:19] | Why didn’t you invite me? | 咋不叫我一起? | 
| [30:20] | You coulda sent me a text message. | 应该短我的嘛 | 
| [30:20] | Listen, you guys, please. | 听我说完 | 
| [30:22] | What? | 咋了? | 
| [30:24] | Your father had problems in this area. | 你们的父亲有这方面的问题 | 
| [30:28] | A lot. | 很严重的问题 | 
| [30:29] | And, you know, that can be | 这东西可能会遗传 | 
| [30:32] | a hereditary kind of problem. | |
| [30:36] | You have to be more careful than other kids. | 你们必须要万分小心 | 
| [30:40] | – You know that, Drew? – Yeah. | – Drew 明白吗? – 明白 | 
| [30:42] | – Do you understand? – Yeah. | – 你懂了? – 懂了 | 
| [30:46] | Do you hear me? | 你呢? | 
| [30:47] | Yeah, I think I hear you. | 懂了 | 
| [30:49] | You have to be careful. | 一定要注意 | 
| [30:53] | I’ll be careful. | 我会的 | 
| [30:59] | Jabbar, I’m really proud of you. | Jabbar 我为你骄傲 | 
| [31:01] | Your room looks beautiful. | 房间真干净 | 
| [31:03] | Daddy cleaned my room. | 老爸帮我收拾的 | 
| [31:06] | He said it was our secret. | 还说这是我俩的秘密 | 
| [31:08] | Oh, he did, huh? You cleaned his room? | 是吗? 你收拾的? | 
| [31:10] | Uh, no, that’s not… I just helped. | 不是… 我就是帮忙 | 
| [31:13] | No, you did the whole thing. | 才不是 都是你干的 | 
| [31:15] | Well, it was a team effort | 本来是合作的 | 
| [31:18] | that I might have done most of. | 不过 好像我把活都干了 | 
| [31:21] | Finish up with this, okay? | 自己搞定 好吧? | 
| [31:22] | Okay. | 好 | 
| [31:26] | That is totally not cool. | 你这样可不对 | 
| [31:29] | It’s not cool! | 大错特错! | 
| [31:30] | I did not mean to do it. It just happened, okay? | 我也不想的 稀里糊涂就这样了 | 
| [31:33] | It was the easiest thing to do in the moment. | 特利索 三下五除二就拾掇好了 | 
| [31:35] | Easy is not good parenting, and easy is lazy. | 这可不是教育孩子的好方法 会让他变懒的 | 
| [31:37] | And you’re teaching him bad habits. | 会让他养成坏习惯的 | 
| [31:38] | Oh, I’m a lazy bad parent because I don’t think | 六岁娃娃的房间乱不是大事 | 
| [31:41] | that a dirty room for a six-year-old is a big deal? | 我这样想就成了个不称职的父亲? | 
| [31:43] | I think it’s stupid. | 你小题大做了吧 | 
| [31:44] | This has nothing to do with a clean room or even him. | 这跟房间或孩子无关 | 
| [31:46] | It’s you. | 问题在你身上 | 
| [31:47] | You won’t discipline. | 你自己不守规矩 | 
| [31:49] | You always want to be liked and be the good guy | 你总想唱红脸 让孩子喜欢你 | 
| [31:51] | and leaving me with the dirty work. | 坏事都让我来做 | 
| [31:52] | That’s not fair. | 不公平 | 
| [31:54] | You’re not his friend. You’re his father. | 你可不是他朋友 你是他父亲 | 
| [31:59] | Even, like, a restaurant that has a bar. | 就像是带酒吧的餐馆一样 | 
| [32:00] | – We don’t have to… – Yeah, that’s number two. | – 咱别… – 第二瓶 | 
| [32:02] | Or we could go to a club and dance or something. | 要么咱去夜店跳跳舞啥的 | 
| [32:04] | We’ll find someplace to go, and we’ll have a lot of fun. | 找个地方去玩 疯狂一把 | 
| [32:06] | And guess what, wherever we are going | 不管去哪儿 | 
| [32:08] | I will be drinking some more. Mmm. | 我都得再喝点 | 
| [32:15] | Because I’m not pregnant. | 因为我没怀孕 | 
| [32:21] | Okay. | 是嘛 | 
| [32:22] | Yep, actually I’ve been trying for four months. | 我已经试了四个月了 | 
| [32:30] | Oh. | |
| [32:31] | This is gonna be better, right? | 这样就更美啦 对吧? | 
| [32:34] | – Very nice. – Thank you. | – 衣服不错 – 谢啦 | 
| [32:36] | I don’t know, the real kind of bummer | 我一直都有种感觉 | 
| [32:38] | is that I keep thinking that I am pregnant, | 认为自己怀孕了 | 
| [32:41] | and then I start to get all sentimental | 然后就变得非常敏感 | 
| [32:43] | and I think that there’s actually… | 真觉得有个小生命在我肚子里 | 
| [32:46] | There’s a baby inside of me, | 每次现实袭来 | 
| [32:47] | and it kind of breaks my heart every time there’s not. | 我都伤心透顶 | 
| [32:50] | So anyway… | 要我说… | 
| [32:52] | When did it get so hard to get pregnant? | 啥时候连怀孕也这么难了? | 
| [32:55] | I wasn’t really intending it either time, | 我两次怀孕都是没计划过的 | 
| [32:57] | so… | 所以说… | 
| [33:01] | Right. | 没错 就得这样 不能去想怀孕 | 
| [33:01] | See, that’s all I need to do, | 没错 | 
| [33:03] | not want to get pregnant. | 就得这样 不能去想怀孕 | 
| [33:08] | Dad gave Drew a beer the other day, | 前几天老爸让Drew喝了啤酒 | 
| [33:09] | and I realized I have to tell them what… | 我觉得是时候告诉他们… | 
| [33:16] | The real story is. | 实情了 | 
| [33:18] | That their father could be missing | 他们的老爸有时失踪好些天 | 
| [33:20] | for days at a time, | |
| [33:21] | and he wasn’t on tour like I said, you know? | 其实不是去巡演 | 
| [33:28] | I just don’t know when to tell them | 可我不知道啥时候该告诉他们 | 
| [33:30] | how bad it actually was. | 事情有多严重 | 
| [33:32] | Don’t want them to be afraid, you know? | 我不想吓到他们 | 
| [33:34] | Yeah. | 我明白 是不是应该全盘托出? | 
| [33:35] | How much truth is too much truth? | 我明白 是不是应该全盘托出? | 
| [33:39] | Yes, or enough, but not too much. | 捡重点说就好 其他可以不提 | 
| [33:42] | You know, this whole thing, again, with Sydney | 跟Sydney解释来生 | 
| [33:44] | and the afterlife and the death and the bird. | 死亡和那只鸟 | 
| [33:47] | The bird? | 鸟? | 
| [33:48] | Why did that dumb bird have to die? | 为啥那呆鸟非死不可呢? | 
| [33:50] | I mean, couldn’t it have just healed itself? | 它咋就不能自愈呢? | 
| [33:53] | Would that have killed it? | 撞一下就挂了? | 
| [33:54] | Birds are so self-centered. | – 完全不顾别人的感受 | 
| [33:55] | Yes. | – 可不是 | 
| [33:57] | And then poor Joel has to deal with me | 然后 可怜的Joel 又要忍受我的控制欲 | 
| [33:58] | being so controlling, which I hate about myself. | 我也不想啊 | 
| [34:00] | But, I mean, what are you gonna do? | 不过 又能咋办呢? | 
| [34:02] | You should get those control issues under control. | 要让它得以控制 | 
| [34:05] | Thanks. | 谢了 | 
| [34:05] | You should really control those better. | 要学会适可而止 | 
| [34:08] | Uh-oh. | |
| [34:10] | It’s okay to come in? | 能进来吗? | 
| [34:12] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. – 能 – 行 | 
| [34:14] | Hi, pops. | 老爹好哇 | 
| [34:17] | Well, now that’s interesting. | 世界真奇妙 | 
| [34:19] | See, I keep walking into different rooms in my house | 我走进自己家 | 
| [34:21] | and finding people drinking. | 总看到别人在喝酒 | 
| [34:24] | Should I be taking it personally? | 是针对我吗? | 
| [34:26] | Is it a bad time? | 我打扰到你们了? | 
| [34:27] | Come in, dad, and have a drink. | 老爸 进来啦 来喝一杯 | 
| [34:29] | Right, okay. | 好吧 好吧 我来给你倒杯酒 | 
| [34:29] | I will get you a drink, that’s what I will do. | 好吧 好吧 我来给你倒杯酒 | 
| [34:37] | Are we okay? | 别生气咯? | 
| [34:42] | So… | 那… | 
| [34:45] | How much do you want? | 倒多少? | 
| [34:46] | – That’s good. – Ooh-ooh-ooh. | 好了 | 
| [34:55] | Okay, may I say something? | 好吧 我能说句话吗? | 
| [34:56] | Please. | 请说 | 
| [34:58] | You two ladies have done an incredible job | 你们都是好妈妈 | 
| [35:03] | being parents. | |
| [35:07] | And I am so proud to have you two | 我很自豪 | 
| [35:12] | beautiful girls. | 养了你们两个漂亮女儿 | 
| [35:17] | Thanks, dad. | 老爸 谢啦 | 
| [35:22] | Dad. | 爸 | 
| [35:22] | We’re supposed to be partying right now, | 咱是打算开派对的 不是来哭的啊 | 
| [35:24] | not crying, jeez. It’s girls’ night, dad. | 爸 这是女生狂欢夜 | 
| [35:26] | We’re supposed to be thinking about boys and lipstick. | 应该满脑子都是帅哥和口红才对 | 
| [35:28] | I think I should go with you. | 我跟你们一起去好了 | 
| [35:29] | – I do too. – You’re all gussied up. | – 我也这么想 – 都热情似火的 | 
| [35:32] | Let’s go dancing. We’ll take dad dancing. | 去跳舞 带上老爸一起 | 
| [35:34] | Yeah. | 好哇 | 
| [35:41] | Your mother and I had a long talk last night. | 昨晚 你妈跟我谈了很久 | 
| [35:44] | And we have decided that | 咱觉得 | 
| [35:48] | it’s best if you don’t see Alex anymore. | 你最好不要再见Alex了 | 
| [35:58] | Uh, is this because he’s black? | 因为他是黑人吗? | 
| [36:02] | Haddie, come on, your mother and I are not racists. | Haddie 我们不是种族主义者 | 
| [36:04] | Not at all, honey. | 亲爱的 不是那样的 | 
| [36:06] | Then I… Why? | 那是… 为啥? | 
| [36:09] | ‘Cause he was sitting here and you liked him. | 你们谈得很愉快啊 | 
| [36:12] | I saw you liked him. He’s a wonderful person, | – 我看得出来你们喜欢他 – 他人很好 | 
| [36:14] | – but it’s just… – Right, so what’s the problem? | – 只是… – 有啥问题? | 
| [36:16] | We feel that he’s too old for you. | 他年龄太大了 | 
| [36:18] | He’s just… he’s too grown-up. | 他… 太成熟 | 
| [36:20] | You know, he has no parents in his life. What does that mean? So? | – 而且无父无母 – 啥意思? 那又怎样? | 
| [36:24] | He doesn’t even have a high school diploma. | 高中也没毕业 | 
| [36:25] | I give him a lot of credit for working on it right now. | 我很欣赏 他在这方面所做的努力 | 
| [36:27] | The a.A. Thing, it’s scary. | 酗酒的问题 很严重 | 
| [36:28] | This is too adult a relationship for you. | 这段关系太成人化了 | 
| [36:30] | You shouldn’t be attending a.A. Meetings. | 你不该去戒酒会的 | 
| [36:32] | What do you think is gonna happen? | 你们觉得会出啥事? | 
| [36:34] | I’m not comfortable with him having his own apartment. | 他有自己的房子 这点让我不舒服 | 
| [36:37] | Why does it matter what you’re comfortable with? | 你们都在说什么乱七八糟的? | 
| [36:40] | I feel comfortable, and I feel happy. | 我舒服 我开心 | 
| [36:42] | – We’re your parents. – No! I don’t care! | – 咱是你的父母 – 不管! 我才不管! | 
| [36:45] | Why do you guys get to tell me… | 你们凭啥可以命令我… | 
| [36:46] | – We know what we’re doing. – Haddie, I’m sorry. | – 我们知道你很难过 – Haddie 很抱歉 | 
| [36:49] | I’m sorry. This conversation is over. | 谈话到此为止 | 
| [36:51] | We have made our minds up. Please, please, please. | – 咱已经做好了决定 – 求你们了 | 
| [36:53] | You are not to see Alex anymore. | 不许再见Alex了 | 
| [37:04] | We’re sorry. | 很抱歉 | 
| [37:15] | Great. | 这下好了 | 
| [37:26] | Pathetic. | 真可悲 | 
| [37:28] | We didn’t party like it was 1999. | 咱这水平可比不上99年 | 
| [37:30] | We didn’t even party like it was 1998. | 连98年都比不上 | 
| [37:33] | Phew, good morning! | 早上好! | 
| [37:34] | Hey! | |
| [37:36] | How was girls’ night out? | 女生狂欢夜咋样? | 
| [37:37] | – Pathetic. – We didn’t make it out. | – 可悲死了 – 连门都没出 | 
| [37:39] | We didn’t make it out of the house, dad. | 爸 | 
| [37:40] | Oh. | 咱根本没出家门 | 
| [37:41] | How come you’re not hung over? | 为啥你这么精神? | 
| [37:43] | Oh, come on, that was girly drinking. | 拜托 | 
| [37:45] | Amateur hour. | 你们女生那水平太业余 | 
| [37:47] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [37:48] | Oh, this is hazelnut. | 有榛子 | 
| [37:50] | Man, gah! | 天啊! | 
| [37:52] | I hate hazelnut. | 最恨榛子了 | 
| [37:54] | He’s right, we’re flavored-coffee-brewing losers. | 老爸说得对 咱连调味咖啡都煮不好 | 
| [37:58] | Okay, I’m gonna go home | 好吧 我得回家了 | 
| [37:59] | so my husband can make fun of me. | 好让老公嘲笑我 | 
| [38:01] | Okay, but we’re gonna do this again next week, right? | 好的 下周继续? | 
| [38:02] | – Yeah. – It’s girls’ night. | – 当然 – 女生狂欢夜哦 | 
| [38:05] | This is the year of fun. | 今年就是要找乐子 | 
| [38:07] | It’s the year of fun, right? | 对吧? | 
| [38:10] | Whoo! | |
| [38:18] | Hey! | |
| [38:20] | Head ’em up, move ’em out. | 注意啦 出门咯 | 
| [38:22] | Where are we going? | 去哪儿啊? | 
| [38:23] | I don’t know, getting some air. | 不知道 呼吸新鲜空气去 | 
| [38:24] | We’ll go take a hike. Whatever we wanna do. | 远足 想去哪儿去哪儿 | 
| [38:27] | I know we’re gonna get in that truck. | 上车吧 | 
| [38:28] | I know, we’ll go have some coffee, | 喝咖啡去 | 
| [38:30] | because men drink coffee. | 男人要会喝咖啡 | 
| [38:32] | You understand that? | 明白吗? | 
| [38:33] | Yeah, I guess. That makes sense. | 明白 挺有道理的 | 
| [38:35] | I mean, not all male bonding is done over beer. | 联络感情不一定非得喝啤酒 | 
| [38:39] | A lot of it is. | 虽然好多人这么做 | 
| [38:40] | I mean, probably way too much of it. | |
| [38:42] | Yeah, but here’s the important thing. | 最重要的是 | 
| [38:46] | Men don’t squeal on one another. | 男人不打小报告 | 
| [38:49] | All right? | 明白? | 
| [38:51] | Even under torture. | 打死都不说 | 
| [38:52] | What are you talking about? | 你说啥呢? | 
| [38:53] | You’re like a little chatty Kathy. | 你跟个娘们一样废话多 | 
| [38:57] | Here, hop in. I’ll explain it to you. | 上车吧 | 
| [39:06] | Hey. Hey. | 我跟你细说 | 
| [39:10] | You okay? | 你没事吧? | 
| [39:12] | Yeah. | 没事 | 
| [39:17] | Oh, honey. | 宝贝 | 
| [39:19] | I wish my mom was here to see how great she’s turning out. | 真希望我妈也能看到她现在的样子 | 
| [39:24] | Oh. | |
| [39:27] | Yeah, I know. | 我理解 | 
| [39:29] | And I… | 我… | 
| [39:33] | I like thinking about her in heaven, | 我喜欢想象她在天堂的样子 | 
| [39:36] | with that stupid bird. | 那只呆鸟陪在她身边 | 
| [39:41] | I kinda hate you for that. | 你那么说 我还真有点恨你 | 
| [39:42] | Oh, I love you. | 可我爱你啊 | 
| [39:44] | Come here. | 过来 | 
| [39:51] | Holy mackerel, you’re sweating alcohol. | 我滴神啊 | 
| [39:54] | Mm-hmm. | 浑身臭酒气 | 
| [39:55] | How much did you guys drink last night? | 昨晚喝了多少? | 
| [39:58] | A lot. | 好多 | 
| [39:59] | Yeah. You look good. | 真的呀 看上去真美 | 
| [40:01] | – Oh. – You look really good. | 真的 | 
| [40:10] | Jabbar, I just got a call from a walrus | Jabbar 刚才有只海象打电话来 | 
| [40:12] | who wants to know when we’re gonna be getting to the zoo. | 问咱啥时候去动物园 | 
| [40:15] | Oh, my… | 天… | 
| [40:17] | Buddy, what happened in here? | 伙计 这是咋搞的? | 
| [40:18] | It was just clean. | 刚刚还很干净呢 | 
| [40:19] | You could clean my room again. | 你再收拾一次就好啦 | 
| [40:21] | It can be our secret. | 咱的小秘密 | 
| [40:22] | No, no, we’re not doing that again, buddy. | 不行 这次不行了 | 
| [40:24] | I’ll clean it up after the zoo. | 那从动物园回来我再收拾 | 
| [40:26] | No, you need to clean it up now. | 不行 现在就收 | 
| [40:29] | No! | 我不! | 
| [40:30] | Okay, yes. | 必须收 | 
| [40:33] | You have to clean your room now, | 现在就动手 | 
| [40:34] | or we can’t go to the zoo. | 不然就不去动物园 | 
| [40:39] | All right? | 明白? | 
| [40:42] | Listen, Jabbar, you have to clean your room right now, | Jabbar 现在就动手 | 
| [40:45] | or we’re not going to the zoo. | 不然就不去了 | 
| [40:47] | – I’m not gonna do it! – Hey, what… Don’t. | – 我不干! – 别扔 | 
| [40:50] | Then we’re not going to the zoo. | 那咱不去了 | 
| [40:52] | – That’s not fair! – Yes, it is fair. | – 这不公平! – 这很公平 | 
| [40:53] | What’s not fair is me letting you just go through life | 我不该让你认为 | 
| [40:56] | thinking that someone’s gonna do everything | 总会有人来帮你做自己该做的事 | 
| [40:57] | you need doing, okay? | |
| [40:59] | That would make me a crappy dad. | 那样我就是个不称职的父亲 | 
| [41:01] | Fine, I’ll clean it. | 好吧 我收拾就是了 | 
| [41:04] | Okay, I’m cleaning. | 好 我开始收拾了 伙计 不行 你晚了一步 | 
| [41:04] | No, buddy, it’s too late. | 好 我开始收拾了 伙计 不行 你晚了一步 | 
| [41:07] | It’s too late. | 太晚了 | 
| [41:08] | Please, daddy, please! I really want to go. | 爸爸 求你了! 我真的很想去 | 
| [41:11] | No, I was very clear, okay? | 不行 我说的很明白了 | 
| [41:13] | Please, look, I’m cleaning. | 拜托 我在收拾了啊 | 
| [41:14] | See? | 你看啊? 我说了 咱不去了 | 
| [41:15] | No, buddy, I said now we’re not going, okay? | 你看啊? 我说了 咱不去了 | 
| [41:18] | You’re a meanie! | 小气鬼! | 
| [41:20] | Hey, stop throwing your stuff. | 别乱扔东西啦 | 
| [41:21] | I hate you! You’re so mean! Making it worse! | 讨厌你! 小气! | 
| [41:25] | I hate you! | 恨死你了! | 
| [41:26] | You’re the meanest dad in the world! | 世界上最小气的爸爸! | 
| [41:28] | You’re a meanie! | 小气鬼! | 
| [41:42] | Hey. | |
| [41:43] | Hey. | |
| [41:44] | What’s up? | 还好吧? | 
| [41:47] | So what happened? | 发生啥事啦? | 
| [41:50] | What’d they think about me? Did I pass? | 他们咋说我的? 过关了吗? | 
| [41:57] | They thought you were really impressive. | 他们说你很好 | 
| [42:00] | Impressive? | 很好? | 
| [42:02] | I mean, that’s it? | 就这样? | 
| [42:11] | Okay, all right, great, | 他们很喜欢你 | 
| [42:12] | ’cause I liked them too. | 我也喜欢他们 | 
| [42:13] | You have a really awesome family. | 你家人很棒 | 
| [42:18] | Lunch is in an hour. | 还有一个小时就开饭了 | 
| [42:19] | Do you want to go give Donna a hand in the kitchen? | 去厨房帮帮Donna? | 
| [42:22] | Yeah. | 好 | 
| [42:23] | Okay. | 乖 |