时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | I need you to back me up on that. We’re a team. | 你得支持我 咱得合作 |
[00:05] | Thanks for spending time with him. | 谢谢你抽空陪他 |
[00:07] | I love him. He’s my grandson. | 我爱他 他可是我外孙 |
[00:08] | You don’t like how I’m directing the play, | 你不喜欢我导的剧 |
[00:10] | you spice it up however you like. | 那你来吧 随便你加啥 |
[00:12] | Joel, I’m begging you, man. You’ve gotta come back. | Joel 求你了 你得回来 |
[00:15] | If you don’t, this play’s gonna be the biggest disaster | 要不然 这剧将是加州1905大地震以来 |
[00:18] | in California since the earthquake in 1905. | 最大的灾难… |
[00:21] | Our most talented director is back from vacation. | 咱的大导演放假归来啦 |
[00:24] | Joel! [Cheers and applause] | |
[00:28] | – Alex. – Adam Braverm. | – 我叫Alex – 我是Adam Braverman |
[00:30] | Nice to meet you, Mr. Braverman. | Braverman先生 幸会 |
[00:31] | What’d they think about me? Did I pass? | 他们咋说我的? 过关了吗? |
[00:32] | – They loved you. – It’s best if you don’t | 他们很喜欢你 |
[00:34] | see Alex anymore. | 你最好不要再见Alex了 |
[00:36] | [Vibrating] | |
[00:41] | Hey, Alex. | |
[00:42] | I’m just picking up the last donation for the day, | 我出来拿捐赠的东西 |
[00:44] | and the truck doesn’t have to be back for a couple hours. | 可以开车多逛几个小时 |
[00:46] | You want to get some food? | 一起吃个饭? |
[00:47] | – You mean, like, now? – Yeah, now. | – 现在吗? – 对啊 就现在 |
[00:49] | I’m, like, five minutes from your house. | 我离你家就五分钟路程 |
[00:50] | I’m starving. | 好饿哦 |
[00:51] | I haven’t eaten anything all day. | 今天到现在还没吃东西呢 |
[00:54] | Hello? | 喂? |
[00:55] | Haddie, you there? | Haddie 在听吗? |
[00:57] | Just give me ten minutes. I’m not really dressed. | 等我十分钟 我没穿好衣服呢 |
[01:00] | You don’t have to be dressed. Just throw some sweats on. | 不用打扮啦 随便穿件运动服就好 |
[01:02] | I really want to see you. I miss you. | 我想你了 好想见你 |
[01:04] | And I heard this is a really good movie. | 听说这电影很好看的 |
[01:07] | All right, haddie, we’re out of here. | Haddie 我们走啦 |
[01:08] | Okay, bye. Have fun. | 好 拜拜 好好玩 |
[01:10] | Um, okay, yeah. I’ll see you in a few minutes. | 好的 |
[01:13] | All: ♪ now that we have struck it rich ♪ ♪ we should keep in mind ♪ | 过会儿见 |
[01:30] | that’s you, buddy. | 小家伙 该你啦 |
[01:32] | I can’t see. | 我看不见了 |
[01:33] | That’s okay, you just say the line. | 没关系 把台词说出来就好 |
[01:35] | I can’t. I forgot it. | 不行 我忘了 |
[01:39] | Okay. Charles, can we cut that? | Charles 先把灯关了好吗? |
[01:41] | What do you think? | 咋说啊? |
[01:44] | All right, I’ll talk to him. | 我跟他聊聊 |
[01:46] | – All right. – Hey, buddy, come here. | – 好吧 – 小家伙 过来 |
[01:49] | Hey, what’s going on? | 咋回事啊? |
[01:51] | We’ve done this, like, 100 times. | 咱都练过上百回了 |
[01:53] | But we never had a light before. | 但之前没有灯光啊 |
[01:55] | Oh, well, that’s part of the dress rehearsal, buddy. | 所以才要彩排啊 |
[01:57] | See, we can see how it’s actually gonna be | 这样咱就可以熟悉 |
[01:59] | on the night of the show. | 表演那天的状况了 |
[02:00] | It hurts my eyes. | 可是照得我眼睛痛 |
[02:03] | Listen, the spotlight’s really cool | 聚光灯很炫的 |
[02:05] | ’cause it lets us see your big moment. | 大家都会看到你的 |
[02:06] | Yeah, super cool. | 对呀 酷毙了 |
[02:07] | – You look awesome. – Mm-hmm. | 你看上去棒极了 |
[02:10] | I don’t want to do this anymore. | 我不想演这个角色了 |
[02:11] | Buddy, you don’t have to be scared of anything. | 别害怕啊 |
[02:13] | You’re doing great, and you just… | 你做得很好 再继续… |
[02:15] | yeah, you keep on truckin’. | 对 再加把劲儿就好 |
[02:16] | Could somebody else do it? | 能让别人替我吗? |
[02:18] | I will. | 我来吧 |
[02:19] | Buddy, you can’t quit right now. | 你不能临阵脱逃啊 |
[02:21] | The play is in two days. | 再过两天就表演了 |
[02:23] | I want to be with those guys. | 我想跟他们一样 |
[02:25] | You want to be with those guys? | 跟他们一样? |
[02:26] | Listen, we gotta… we gotta keep going here. | 听我说 咱得继续彩排 |
[02:29] | Would it be all right if we make the switch? | 换个人行吗? |
[02:33] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | – 好吧 – 行吗? |
[02:34] | Okay, Syd, get behind the curtain. | Syd 到后台去吧 |
[02:38] | Jabbar, you’re down there in that empty space. | Jabbar 你站台下的空位子上 |
[02:40] | All right, guys, pick it up where we left off. | 大家从刚才的地方重新开始 |
[02:43] | – Mom, remember the fund-raiser I had to do for baseball? | 妈 记得棒球队要我做的筹资吗? |
[02:47] | Uh…Yes. | 记得啊 |
[02:49] | Okay, well, I kinda slacked off on it, | 好吧 我没咋上心 |
[02:51] | and now I have to sell all of this by Friday. | 周五前我得把这些全卖出去 |
[02:53] | And if I don’t sell it, I can’t go to the tournament. | 要不然 就不能参加联赛了 |
[02:55] | What is it? | 卖啥啊? |
[02:56] | It’s, like, wrapping paper. | 包装纸 |
[02:59] | – Christmas stuff? – Yeah, Christmas stuff. | – 圣诞节的包装纸? – 没错 |
[03:03] | Drew, that’s insane. | Drew 你疯了啊 |
[03:04] | It’s January. I know. | – 这都一月了 – 我知道 |
[03:06] | Why didn’t you sell it during the holidays? | 那你为啥不放假时卖? |
[03:07] | Please, mom, look, you’re kickass at sales. | 妈 求你了 卖东西你最在行了 |
[03:09] | You’re the only chance I have at selling this. | 只有你能帮我啦 |
[03:11] | – Honey, are you kidding me? – Please. | – 亲爱的 你认真的啊? – 求你啦 |
[03:13] | Yeah, really, you can’t do this to your mother. | 做儿子的 咋能这么对你老妈呢 |
[03:15] | You can’t do this to your son. | 做老妈的 才不能不管儿子呢 |
[03:17] | I can’t go to the tournament if I don’t sell this. | 卖不掉我就不能参加比赛了 |
[03:20] | Okay, we’ll figure something out. | 好吧 我帮你想办法 |
[03:22] | I’ll help you. Thank you. Thank you. | – 帮你就是 – 谢谢 太谢谢了 |
[03:25] | I’ll go get the other box. | 我去把另一箱也拿来 |
[03:26] | The other box? | 还有一箱啊? |
[03:29] | ♪ She’s a simple girl ♪ | |
[03:30] | ♪ she’s governed by simple pleasures ♪ | |
[03:34] | ♪ she won’t ever let you meet her family ♪ | |
[03:37] | ♪ but she’ll show you pictures ♪ | |
[03:39] | ♪ da da da, da da da da da da ♪ | |
[03:44] | – where is it? – I don’t know where it is. | – 哪儿去了? – 我不知道 |
[03:46] | What are you guys doing? Didn’t you just leave? | 咋回来了? 不是刚走吗? |
[03:49] | Max forgot his gift card. | Max忘带礼品卡了 |
[03:50] | Why does that matter? | 然后呢? |
[03:53] | Why does it matter that he forgot that? | 忘带礼品卡又咋啦? |
[03:55] | – Are you going somewhere? – No, I left my bag downstairs | – 你要出去吗? – 不 我把书包忘楼下了 |
[03:58] | and I needed to come get it. I thought you had to study. | – 就下楼拿 – 我以为你要学习 |
[03:59] | I do. I’m studying. | 是啊 我在学习 |
[04:00] | I’m taking a break. It doesn’t matter. | 我休息会嘛 没关系吧 |
[04:01] | It doesn’t look like you’re taking a break. | 看着不像只是在休息啊 |
[04:03] | – I’m… okay. – Yes, go mom! | – 我… 好吧 – 妈妈 太好了! |
[04:05] | – Thank God. – Oh, great. Okay. | 谢天谢地 太棒了 |
[04:08] | [Doorbell rings] Who the hell is that? | 谁啊? |
[04:09] | I don’t know. I’ll get it. | 不知道 我去开门 |
[04:11] | – Haddie. – You just go to the movies. | – 看你们的电影去吧 |
[04:13] | Hey. Tag, you’re it. Let’s go. You’re it. Come on. | 你来啦 快走吧 |
[04:16] | – Haddie! – Mr. Braverman. | – Braverman先生 |
[04:20] | Alex, what are you doing here? | Alex 你来这儿干啥? |
[04:22] | Is there something wrong? | 有啥问题吗? |
[04:26] | I think you should leave. | 你还是走吧 |
[04:27] | – Um, dad, Alex was just… – Did I miss something? | – 爸 Alex只是… – 有啥事我不知道吗? |
[04:30] | Driving in the neighborhood. | 开车经过这儿 |
[04:31] | – Uh-huh. Just in the neighborhood. | 只是经过啊 |
[04:32] | Okay, listen, you two aren’t | 好 听着 你俩… |
[04:34] | going anywhere together today. You should leave. | 今天哪都不能去 你走吧 |
[04:36] | Am I missing something? Sir, I don’t… | 这是咋回事? 先生 我不知道… |
[04:38] | I’m sorry, I think you should go and I’ll call you, | 抱歉 你先走吧 我回头打给你 |
[04:39] | and I’ll explain it all. | 我再解释 |
[04:41] | – Alex! – Max, please. | – Max 拜托 |
[04:42] | She’s not gonna call you. | 她不能打给你 |
[04:43] | You’re not calling anybody! Just stop. Stop. | – 不准打电话了! – 别说了 别说了 |
[04:46] | – You’re something else. – What? | – 你真行 – 什么? |
[04:48] | I did not raise you to be a liar and a sneak. | 咱可不想把你养成 满嘴谎话 偷偷摸摸的人 |
[04:52] | We talked about this, honey. What is he doing here? | 亲爱的 咱不是说好了嘛 他来这儿干啥? |
[04:54] | Why couldn’t you come and talk to us about this? | 你为啥不来和我们商量? |
[04:56] | Why do you have to sneak around behind our back? | 为啥非得在咱背后鬼鬼祟祟呢? |
[04:58] | You lied to us. You weren’t listening to me. | – 你骗了我们 – 是你们不听我说话 |
[05:00] | Now’s not the time to talk about it! | 现在没空跟你说这个 |
[05:02] | Get in the house. Just go. | 进屋 去吧 |
[05:03] | – You’re grounded. – Go. | – 你被禁足了 – 进去吧 |
[05:15] | ♪ May God bless and keep you always ♪ | |
[05:18] | ♪ and may your wishes all come true ♪ | |
[05:20] | ♪ may you always do for others ♪ | |
[05:23] | ♪ and let others do for you ♪ | |
[05:25] | ♪ may you build a ladder to the stars ♪ | |
[05:28] | ♪ and climb on every rung ♪ | |
[05:30] | ♪ and may you stay ♪ | |
[05:32] | ♪ forever young ♪ | |
[05:35] | ♪ may you grow up to be righteous ♪ | |
[05:37] | ♪ may you grow up to be true ♪ | |
[05:40] | ♪ may you always know the truth ♪ | |
[05:42] | ♪ and see the lights surrounding you ♪ | |
[05:45] | ♪ may you always be courageous ♪ | |
[05:47] | ♪ stand upright and be strong ♪ | |
[05:49] | ♪ and may you stay ♪ | |
[05:51] | ♪ forever young ♪ | |
[05:54] | ♪ may you stay ♪ | |
[05:56] | ♪ forever young ♪ | |
[06:04] | Hey, excuse me, would you like to buy some paper? | 打扰了 需要一些纸吗? 帮帮小懒虫 |
[06:06] | Excuse me, miss, do you want… | 打扰下 女士 你需要… |
[06:08] | hey, sir, how do you feel about paper? | 先生 买点纸咋样? |
[06:09] | Sorry, I’m late for work. | 抱歉 赶着上班 |
[06:10] | Maybe say what kind of paper. | 没准应该说出来是包装纸 |
[06:12] | You know, that it’s wrapping paper. | |
[06:13] | I’m really bad at this. | 这我实在做不来 |
[06:14] | You’re not really bad at this. | 你不是做不来 |
[06:15] | – Yeah, I am. – You just, um… | – 我就是 – 你只是… |
[06:17] | You know, try a little… excuse me, miss. | 没准得试着…打搅了 女士 |
[06:20] | Have you wrapped your presents for Martin Luther King day yet? | 马丁・路德・金纪念日的礼物包装了吗? (一月的第三个周一) |
[06:23] | No? Okay, well, I have a dream | 没有吗? 太好了 我有一个梦想 (模仿马丁・路德・金) |
[06:25] | that this would make them look super special. | 这一定能让礼物超级特别 |
[06:27] | Okay, what do you got? | 好吧 你都有什么纸? |
[06:29] | – Oh… – Oh, my… | 天啊 |
[06:32] | well, we have reindeer. Yes. | – 有驯鹿图案的 – 对啊 |
[06:35] | – Snowflakes. – So it’s Christmas paper. | – 雪花的 – 是圣诞节的包装纸啊 |
[06:36] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:37] | It seems weird, | 感觉很奇怪 |
[06:39] | ’cause you say to yourself, “the holidays are over.” | 因为你觉得圣诞节已经过了 |
[06:41] | It’s not that. I’m Buddhist. | 不是的 我是佛教徒 |
[06:43] | – Oh. – I don’t celebrate Christmas. | 我不过圣诞节 |
[06:45] | Oh… | |
[06:48] | If you had any Visakah puja, I could help you out. | 如果有卫塞节的 我倒可以帮忙 (释迦牟尼诞辰 五月的月圆之日) |
[06:50] | Sorry. Good luck. Thanks. | – 抱歉了 好运啊 – 谢啦 |
[06:52] | They don’t make Visakah puja paper. | 哪有人生产卫塞节的包装纸啊 |
[06:54] | [Sighs] | |
[06:55] | I wish we could just do what everyone else does. | 真希望能像其他人一样 |
[06:56] | Why? What did everyone else do? | 咋啦 其他人咋办的? |
[06:58] | Well…No one else sells any of this. | 没人卖这些东西的 |
[07:01] | They just have their parents buy it all. | 都是让父母买下的 |
[07:03] | I don’t believe that. | 我不信 |
[07:06] | They do. I promise. | 真的 我保证 |
[07:07] | Well, that’s terrible. | 好吧 真糟糕 |
[07:10] | Even if I had $500, I wouldn’t do that. | 就算有五百块 我也不干 |
[07:14] | That’s cheating. | 那是作弊 |
[07:15] | Yeah. I guess. | 我想是吧 |
[07:17] | Excuse me, sir, do you want to… | 打扰了 先生 你需要… |
[07:20] | would you like to buy some pa… | 需要买纸… |
[07:22] | well, he just didn’t look friendly. | 他看着就凶巴巴的 |
[07:23] | ♪ It makes you love a life of misery ♪ | |
[07:26] | the kids, they love the garlic mashed potatoes. | 孩子们很喜欢大蒜土豆泥 |
[07:30] | All right. Thanks, Torrey. | 行 谢啦 Torrey |
[07:33] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[07:36] | They told you not to see me, didn’t they? | 他们不让你见我 是吗? |
[07:38] | They’re crazy, Alex. They’re… | Alex 他们疯掉了 |
[07:40] | they like you as a person. | 他们很喜欢你本人 |
[07:41] | They freaked out because, | 他们吓坏了 是因为… |
[07:43] | you know, you’re not in school, | 你不是学生 |
[07:45] | and you live on your own and… Black, right? | – 你自己住… – 还是个黑人 是吧? |
[07:48] | No. No, they’re not racist. | 不不 他们可不是种族主义者 |
[07:51] | I didn’t come here to defend them or anything, | 我不是来替他们说话的 |
[07:53] | but they’re not racist. | 但他们不歧视黑人 |
[07:54] | They freaked out because you’re in aa. | 他们吓坏了是因为你在匿名戒酒会 |
[07:56] | They barely even know me, haddie. | Haddie 他们对我一无所知 |
[07:58] | I know. That’s exactly what I’ve been telling them. | 是啊 我一直这么说 |
[08:00] | I’ve told them that 100 times. | 说了上百遍了 |
[08:02] | You lied to me. And you lied to them. | 你骗了我 也骗了他们 |
[08:04] | And when you did that, you made me part of your lie. | 你这么做 害我也陷入欺骗之中 |
[08:07] | You’ve been lying so much, I don’t even know which lie | 你说了那么多谎 我都不知道 |
[08:09] | we’re talking about right now. | 现在咱说的是哪个了 |
[08:10] | – I was gonna tell you. – When were you gonna tell me? | – 我本想告诉你的 – 啥时候啊? |
[08:12] | I don’t know, I… please don’t be mad at me. | 我不知道 我… 求你别生我气 |
[08:15] | Why wouldn’t I be mad, haddie? | Haddie 我咋能不生气? |
[08:17] | You know about the program! | 你知道我的项目! |
[08:20] | You know how hard I work to be an honest person, | 你知道我努力工作 老实做人 |
[08:22] | and you just took that away from me | 而你想都没想 |
[08:24] | without even thinking. | 就让一切付之东流 |
[08:26] | I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. | 对不起 真的很对不起 |
[08:30] | Look. Look at me. | 看着我 |
[08:33] | We can fix this. | 咱能弥补这事 |
[08:36] | I know we can get past this, | 我知道咱过得去这一关的 |
[08:37] | but I need you to help me. | 但你得帮我 |
[08:42] | All right, you need to go to school. | 好了 |
[08:45] | [Phone ringing] | 你上学去吧 |
[08:47] | I gotta take this. Oakland food bank. | 我得接电话了 Oakland救济中心 |
[09:00] | Hey, haddie. | 嗨 Haddie |
[09:01] | Aren’t you supposed to be in school? | 你不是应该在学校吗? |
[09:04] | You okay? | 没事吧? |
[09:07] | Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[09:11] | He just doesn’t like me anymore. | 他不喜欢我了 |
[09:13] | Oh, of course he does. | 他当然喜欢你 |
[09:14] | I don’t know what to do. I don’t know how to fix it. | 我不知道该咋办 咋去弥补 |
[09:17] | I don’t know how it happened. | 我都不知道事情咋发生的 |
[09:19] | I wasn’t trying to make it happen. | 我不想这样 |
[09:22] | It’s just like… I don’t know! | 就像… 我不知道! |
[09:25] | I hate my parents! | 我讨厌爸妈! |
[09:27] | Your parents don’t know anything about Alex. | 你父母不了解Alex |
[09:31] | You know? All they know about him | 他们只知道他有酒瘾 |
[09:32] | is that he’s a recovering alcoholic, | 正在戒酒 |
[09:35] | and he’s older. | 年龄又大 |
[09:37] | So you know. You know. | 可你知道啊 |
[09:40] | Well, of course I do, but, sweetie, | 当然了 但是 亲爱的 |
[09:42] | I can’t get between you and your parents. | 我不能干涉你和你父母 |
[09:44] | You know, they’re doing only what they think | 他们只是做他们认为 |
[09:47] | is best for you, you know? | 对你好的 知道吗? |
[09:49] | What am I supposed to do then? | 那我该咋办? |
[09:51] | I think you should just let everything simmer down. | 我想你该让一切平静下来 |
[09:53] | Just, you know… just let everything quiet down. | 就…就冷静下来 |
[09:57] | He’ll come around. | 他会明白的 |
[09:58] | Are you kidding me? I have to go to school? | 说真的吗? 我还得上学? |
[10:00] | Of course you do. | 当然了 |
[10:06] | ♪ Oh, oh ♪ | |
[10:07] | grandma. | 奶奶 |
[10:12] | Do you ever feel the butterflies? | 你有没有紧张得像被猫抓一样过啊? |
[10:14] | Yeah. Everyone does. | 有啊 谁都会啊 |
[10:16] | I get ’em when I meet a new band | 遇到我想合作的新乐队就会 |
[10:18] | I really want to work with… | |
[10:20] | Uh, whenever I see your mom. | 一见到你妈妈 |
[10:21] | ‘Cause she’s so pretty and cool, | 又漂亮又酷 |
[10:22] | she makes me nervous. | 我就紧张 |
[10:23] | – Hey. – And speak of the devil… | – 嗨 – 说曹操曹操就到 |
[10:25] | – Mommy! – Hi, cutie pie. | – 妈妈! – 嗨 宝贝 |
[10:28] | – How was class? – Good. | – 上课咋样啦? – 很好 |
[10:30] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 是吗? – 是啊 |
[10:32] | What are you boys doing? | 你们爷俩在干啥呢? |
[10:33] | Daddy’s telling me about the butterflies. | 我跟爸爸在说”猫抓”呢 |
[10:35] | Oh, yeah, yeah. I heard about that. | 哦 是啊 我听过呢 |
[10:37] | – Just butterflies. – Do you ever get them? | – 就猫抓而已嘛 – 你也有过吗? |
[10:40] | Yeah, remember when I had that big audition | 有啊 记得Alvin Ailey舞团那次试演吗? |
[10:42] | for Alvin Ailey? I had lots of butterflies then. | 我那时猫抓的严重呢 |
[10:45] | Remember, she took all those deep breaths, | 还记得吗? 她会深呼吸 |
[10:46] | and was, like, shaking her muscles out, | 还抖动肌肉放松啊 |
[10:48] | like… [Panting] | 像这样… |
[10:49] | That’s not even how I do it. | 我可不是那么做的 |
[10:50] | Yeah, you look just like this. | 是啊 你就这样的 |
[10:52] | – [Laughs] – Don’t you remember? | 难道忘记了吗? |
[10:53] | You look just like this. That’s what you look like. | 你就像这样 就这样的 |
[10:56] | So what’s going on, jabbar? | Jabbar 出啥事啦? |
[10:57] | You don’t want to do your part anymore? | 你不想演那个角色了? |
[10:59] | No, but daddy wants me to. | 不想 可爸爸希望我演 |
[11:01] | I said that I would like him to try it again, you know. | 我是说想让他再试试 |
[11:05] | Look, you don’t have to do it | 听着 不想演的话 |
[11:08] | if you don’t want to. It’s okay. | 不演就好啦 没关系 |
[11:09] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗? – 是啊 |
[11:11] | Good. | 太好了 |
[11:12] | Are you kidding me? Just like that? | 开玩笑吗? 就这样? |
[11:16] | What? It’s a kindergarten play. | 咋啦? 就一个幼儿园话剧 |
[11:18] | It’s not a big deal. | 没啥大不了啊 |
[11:19] | Yeah, it’s a big deal if our kid becomes a quitter. | 可要是孩子轻易放弃 就是大事啊 |
[11:22] | Our kid is not a quitter, okay? | 咱家孩子才不会 好吧? |
[11:23] | I don’t want to traumatize him. | 我不想让他有精神创伤 |
[11:25] | Just let him have fun. | 让他开心就好 |
[11:27] | Okay, he was having fun, | 好吧 他本来很开心的 |
[11:29] | and then he had one little hiccup | 然后就因为彩排时忘了点词 |
[11:30] | during a dress rehearsal, | |
[11:32] | and now we’re saying throw in the towel. | 就放弃啦 |
[11:34] | You know how important performing is to me, okay? | 我也很重视这个演出 |
[11:36] | But if he chokes out there, it’ll kill me. | 但是如果他在台上冷场了 我会很难受的 |
[11:39] | He doesn’t need the pressure. He’s only six years old. | 他才六岁 不能给他太大压力 |
[11:44] | Look, just relax, baby. | 宝贝 你就别想那么多了 |
[11:46] | Relax. Okay? | 放轻松点 好吗? |
[11:48] | Sydney’s gonna be great, Jabbar’s gonna have fun, | Sydney会表现得很好 Jabbar也会很开心 |
[11:51] | and you are going to be a very, very, big hit. | 你也一定会很出彩的 |
[11:57] | It’s all gonna be fine. | 会没事的 |
[12:00] | It’s gonna be fine. | 别担心 |
[12:06] | Haddie. | |
[12:07] | Your mother and I would like to talk to you. | 咱想和你谈谈 |
[12:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:11] | Yeah? | 啥事? |
[12:13] | Why did you miss your first four classes today? | 今天为啥没上第一节课? |
[12:17] | We got an email from the school. | 学校给咱发了邮件 |
[12:19] | Yeah. You can read it if you want. | 对 你想看的话可以来看看 |
[12:20] | – No, I’m fine. Thanks. – Where were you? | – 谢谢 还是算了吧 – 你去哪儿了? |
[12:23] | Answer your mother. | 你妈问你话呢 |
[12:25] | – I’m about to. – Just tell us the truth. | – 我知道 – 那就说实话 |
[12:27] | Okay. I want to tell you the truth. | 好吧 本来就要说实话的 |
[12:29] | We’re listening. | 我们等着呢 |
[12:30] | Great. Um, I was at the food bank, seeing Alex. | 我早上去救济中心找Alex了 |
[12:34] | – Unbelievable. – He hates me because | – 真不可思议 – 他非常生我的气 |
[12:37] | you guys told me that I couldn’t see him, and so I had to lie. | 因为你们不让我见他 所以我不得不撒谎 |
[12:38] | What part of being grounded didn’t you understand? | 你知不知道啥叫禁足啊? |
[12:41] | Stop treating me like a baby! | 别像管小孩子一样管我 |
[12:43] | Then don’t behave like one. | 那你就别这么幼稚 |
[12:44] | You know what, fine. I’m not going to. | 那好 我不是小孩子了 |
[12:46] | And I’m gonna do whatever I want. | 我要做我自己想做的事 |
[12:47] | I get to make decisions, and I’m gonna see Alex, | 自己做决定 我要和Alex继续约会 |
[12:49] | and you don’t get to say anything about it! | 你们说啥我都不管! |
[12:51] | – Really? – That’s right, go to your room. | – 是吗? – 好 你回你卧室去 |
[12:53] | And I want that cell phone. Do you want my soul too? | – 把你的手机给我 – 把我的灵魂也给你吧? |
[12:55] | You know what, you’re being real smart right now. | 你今天太过头了 |
[12:57] | – Haddie, I want… – I hate you! | – Haddie 我得… – 我恨你们 |
[13:06] | I’m not handy Bob here. Kristina, just take this. | – 我又不是鲁班 – Kristina 你拿着这个就行 |
[13:07] | Just take that, okay? | 好好拿着 行不? |
[13:09] | – Watch the point, honey. – I got it. I got it. | – 亲爱的 看准了啊 – 知道了 知道了 |
[13:11] | What are you doing? | 你们干啥呢? |
[13:14] | What does it look like we’re doing? | 你觉得呢? |
[13:16] | – Are you serious? – Yeah. | – 真的假的啊? – 当然是真的 |
[13:17] | When you regain our trust, you can have your door back. | 要想要回你的门 你就得先获得我们的信任 |
[13:19] | – Absolutely. – I don’t… | 没错 |
[13:22] | where am I supposed to change? | 那我在哪里换衣服啊? |
[13:23] | – Bathroom down the hall. – Right over there. | – 楼下的卫生间 – 就那儿 |
[13:26] | – Why not? – You guys have gone crazy. | – 挺好的嘛 – 你们太过分了 |
[13:29] | This is absubehavior. | 简直不可理喻 |
[13:31] | No, no, no, we’re not crazy. | 不不不 我们才没有 |
[13:32] | What’s crazy is you lying to your parents | 你向父母撒谎 还在我们背后搞小动作 |
[13:34] | and sneaking around behind our back. | 才是真正的不可理喻 |
[13:36] | So no longer are you just grounded… | 所以你被禁足了 |
[13:38] | You’re so grounded. No screens, nothing. | 不能看电视 一概不许 |
[13:41] | – No cell phone, no tv. – What? | – 包括手机 电视 – 什么? |
[13:43] | No laptop… you’ve given up your right to privacy. | 笔记本也没收 你自己放弃隐私权的 |
[13:45] | How am I supposed to do my homework? | 那我在哪儿写作业? |
[13:47] | There is a desktop downstairs you can do it on. | 楼下有个台式机 你可以在那儿写啊 |
[13:50] | – You’ll figure it out. – Absolutely. | – 你能完成作业的 – 当然了 |
[13:51] | Listen to yourselves! | 听听你们说的话 |
[13:52] | I met a person who I like, | 就因为见了见我喜欢的人 |
[13:54] | so I’m super-grounded | 我就被完全禁足了 |
[13:56] | and I don’t get to have a door? I don’t get it. | 而且门也被拆了 我真的搞不明白 |
[13:58] | This does not have to do with that. | 这跟那无关 |
[13:59] | This has to do with trust. | 这是信任问题 |
[14:01] | – What? – Exactly. | – 什么? – 你爸爸说的很对 |
[14:03] | You have no legitimate reasons for anything! | 你们根本没有权利这样做 |
[14:15] | Oh, honey, don’t drag it. No, it just doesn’t look nice. | – 宝贝 别拖着走 这样不好看 – 为啥? |
[14:19] | – Oh, my gosh. – Hi, everybody. | – 天啊 – 大家好 |
[14:20] | Oops. Ow. Oh, I broke a nail. | 弄断了一个指甲 |
[14:22] | This is my son drew, | 这是我儿子Drew |
[14:24] | and he’s selling some wrapping paper… | 他正在卖包装纸 |
[14:27] | holiday-themed… at a wonderful discount. | 节日主题的… 价格实惠 |
[14:31] | It’s for his baseball team. | 是为他的棒球队募款 |
[14:32] | Eddie, remember when I bought all those thin mints | Eddie 还记得上次我从你女儿那儿 |
[14:35] | from your daughter? Payback. | 买了许多薄荷巧克力饼干 轮到你回报我了 |
[14:37] | You did. But you know, you didn’t buy ’em. | 确实 但你并没有买啊 |
[14:39] | No, I had ’em with my coffee. | 我喝咖啡的时候还吃了呢 |
[14:41] | You did, but you promised to buy ’em. | 那是因为你答应要买的 |
[14:42] | Oh, right. I, uh… I… | 确实 我… |
[14:46] | oh, okay, I’m gonna… well, anyway, | 好吧… 无论如何 |
[14:49] | um, my son… oh, Cory! | 我的儿子他… Cory! |
[14:52] | Hey. This is my son drew. | 你好 这是我儿子Drew |
[14:54] | Drew | Drew, this is my new boss Cory. |
[14:56] | [Knocking on window] – Hey. – Hi. Huh? | 这是我的新老板Cory |
[14:58] | Um, this is my son drew, and he’s, uh, | 这是我儿子Drew |
[15:02] | selling stuff for his baseball team. | 他要为他的棒球队卖些东西 |
[15:03] | You like to wrap? | 喜欢包装东西吗? |
[15:04] | Like freestyling? | 随意发挥的那种吗? |
[15:06] | Hey, how you doing? | |
[15:07] | What’s up, Cory? What up, dude? | – Cory 还好吗? – 老兄 你呢? |
[15:09] | – What’s up, my man? – It’s getting better. | – 老兄 还好吗? – 好多了呢 |
[15:12] | Hey, can I see you up in my office real quick? | 你能不能来我办公室一下? 很快就好 |
[15:16] | – Why are you going so fast? – Seriously? | – 你走这么快干啥? – 说真的? |
[15:18] | – | – What? – Look, can we not have |
[15:21] | the, you know, gift wrap fund-raising parade | 咋啦? |
[15:23] | coming through the lunch area, please? | – 能不能别在午餐区搞包装纸筹资啊? |
[15:24] | You’ve gotta be kidding me. | 你不是开玩笑的吧? |
[15:25] | Ben’s son sold magazines a week ago. | 上个礼拜Ben的儿子刚在这儿卖过杂志 |
[15:27] | Yeah, I know, but that was… Gordon was here, | 我知道 但当时Gordon是老板 |
[15:29] | and Gordon was never here. Don’t talk about him. | – 他从不来这儿 – 别扯到他 |
[15:30] | But this guy is unpredictable, | 但这家伙神出鬼没的 |
[15:31] | and I don’t know where I stand with him, okay? | 我不知道咋和他相处 |
[15:32] | And I don’t need anybody rocking the boat. | 我不想任何人来捣乱 |
[15:34] | Okay, I’m not rocking the boat. | 我不是在捣乱 |
[15:35] | I’m just trying to help my son. | 只是在尽力帮我儿子 |
[15:37] | All right, all right. I’m sorry, okay. | 好好好 我道歉 |
[15:39] | I’m just… I’m under a lot of pressure lately and… | 我只是最近压力有点大 |
[15:41] | – why? – This work situation, | – 咋啦? – 这种工作环境 |
[15:44] | and Haddie’s got stuff going on. | 而且Haddie也老惹事 |
[15:45] | – What? – She’s got this boyfriend. | – 啥事? – 她谈了个男朋友 |
[15:46] | It’s not her boyfriend, but it’s complicated. | 也不算是正式的 总之有点复杂 |
[15:49] | – Oh. – Kristina and I don’t approve. | 我和Kristina都不支持 |
[15:50] | What, the kid from the soup kitchen? | 咋啦? 救济中心那孩子吗? |
[15:52] | Yeah, well, he’s not a kid, okay. He’s 19. | 他已经不是个孩子了 都十九了 |
[15:54] | He’s got his own apartment. He’s in aa. | 自己住 而且还正在戒酒 |
[15:56] | It’s a complicated situation. | 反正有点难处理 |
[15:58] | Can I get his number? I’m kidding. It’s awful. | 能把他的电话给我吗? 开玩笑 确实挺麻烦 |
[16:00] | No, he’s too old for her. You’re right. | 确实 对Haddie来说 他是太大了 |
[16:02] | Hey, that Cory guy gave me 40 bucks. | 那个叫Cory的给我了我四十块钱 |
[16:04] | – You’re kidding. – He did? Great. | – 开玩笑的吧? – 是吗? 那真不错 |
[16:06] | – How much did you sell him? – Uh, none. | – 你买给他多少 – 一点都没卖 |
[16:08] | He just kinda felt bad for me. | 他只是有点同情我 |
[16:10] | Oh, he took pity on you? | 他同情你? |
[16:12] | Well, I guess it’s only $460 to go. | 现在只需要四百六十块钱啦 |
[16:15] | – All right… – So kind and generous of him. | – 好吧 – 他真是善良又大方 |
[16:17] | Oh, no, I wasn’t even thinking… Oh, look, I’ve got $47, okay? | – 不不 我不是这个意思 – 我这有四十七块钱 给你 |
[16:21] | Here you go. That, my friend, will get you | 朋友 |
[16:23] | the ugly poinsettia. | 这个不咋好看的圣诞红给你 |
[16:25] | Okay, you guys ready? | 准备好了吗? |
[16:27] | Picking it up from right in the middle… here we go. | 从中间部分接着来 |
[16:29] | ♪ Now that we have struck it rich ♪ | 开始 |
[16:30] | – hey, Julia. Here you go. – Hi. | Julia 这个给你 |
[16:32] | Your mom made that for Sydney. What? | – 这是你妈妈给Sydney做的 |
[16:34] | ♪ We should keep in mind ♪ | – 啥? |
[16:39] | let’s spread this gold around! | 让我们把金子分给大家吧 |
[16:41] | – Isn’t that Sydney? – Yep. | – 这不是Sydney吗? – 对啊 |
[16:43] | I thought jabbar was playing the gold miner. | 我还以为是Jabbar演那个矿工呢 |
[16:46] | Yeah, he was, but he changed his mind, so… | 原来是他演 可后来他改变注意了 所以… |
[16:48] | She’s doing a great job, though, isn’t she? | 不过她也表现得很好啊 不是吗? |
[16:50] | Yeah. I’ll be back. | 没错 我去去就来 |
[16:54] | Hey, son, what’s up? | 儿子 |
[16:56] | Hey, how come jabbar is in the chorus? | Jabbar怎么去唱大合唱了 |
[16:58] | You know, I’m a little busy right now, dad. | 爸爸 我现在有点忙 |
[17:01] | He’s supposed to be the gold miner. | 他应该演矿工的 |
[17:02] | What the hell happened? You know… | 到底出啥事啦? |
[17:05] | hey, can we take a break? | 先暂停一下好吗? |
[17:06] | – My bad. Sorry, Joel. – Only for you, Zeek. | – Joel 是我的不好 对不起 – Zeek 没事的 |
[17:10] | – He didn’t know his lines? – He knows his lines, okay. | – 他忘词了? – 他记得好好的 |
[17:14] | He doesn’t want to do it. | 他只是不想演了 |
[17:15] | What do you mean, he doesn’t want to do it? | 啥意思 他咋会不想演呢? |
[17:17] | He can’t quit. I mean, he’s a Braverman. | 他可不能就这样放弃 他是咱家的人 |
[17:20] | Braverman don’t quit. | 咱家的人可从来不做这种事儿 |
[17:21] | Yeah, well, maybe you should tell that to Jasmine. | 那你可以去和Jasmine谈谈 |
[17:23] | This is Jasmine’s idea? | 这是Jasmine的主意? |
[17:25] | What the hell does she know? I mean, come on. | 她知道啥啊? 这样吧 |
[17:27] | Let me… let me talk to him. | 让我和Jabbar说 |
[17:28] | You’re not gonna talk to him | 你别跟他说了 |
[17:30] | because he doesn’t want to do it, | 他根本就不想演 |
[17:31] | and she doesn’t want to push him. | Jasmine也不想逼他 |
[17:32] | So there’s nothing for you to say. | 所以你也没啥好说的 |
[17:33] | Well, how do you feel about it? | 那你觉得呢? |
[17:36] | It doesn’t matter how I feel about it. | 没人在乎我咋想 |
[17:37] | She’s the mom. | 她才是孩子他妈啊 |
[17:39] | What do you mean, it doesn’t matter | 啥叫没人在乎你咋想? |
[17:40] | how you feel about it? | |
[17:42] | He’s your son, Crosby… you gotta have a say in this thing. | Crosby 他是你儿子 你当然能说得上话 |
[17:44] | You’re setting a dangerous precedent here. | 你开的这个先例可相当不好 |
[17:46] | Who wears the pants in the family? | 这个家谁说了算啊? |
[17:49] | What year do you think this is, the ’50s? | 爸 这可不是五十年代了 |
[17:50] | There’s no one wearing the pants or not wearing the pants. | 不是谁当家不当家的问题 |
[17:52] | You know? It’s a partnership. | 咱得”合作” |
[17:58] | God, that sounds dreadful. | 天啊 |
[18:02] | Hey, kris. | 真可怕 |
[18:03] | Oh, my gosh, hi. | 你好 |
[18:05] | How are you? Nice surprise. | – 最近怎么样? – 非常高兴见到你 |
[18:07] | Yeah, I just… I thought I’d pop in. | 我就想不请自来一下 |
[18:09] | I want to talk to you about haddie. | 和你谈一下Haddie的事 |
[18:11] | You know this boy Alex, right? | 你知道那个叫Alex的男生吧? |
[18:13] | He works at the food bank. | 他在救济中心上班 |
[18:14] | – Yeah, I know him really well. – Okay. | – 对 我相当了解他 – 好吧 |
[18:16] | You know, I’ve been working at the center for a long time. | 我也在那儿工作过很长时间 |
[18:19] | I’ve known him since he was about nine. | 他九岁的时候我就认识他了 |
[18:21] | – Yeah. – You know? | 这样啊 |
[18:22] | He’s really a good kid. | 他真的是个好孩子 |
[18:23] | He’s, I’m sure, great, | 我知道他很好 |
[18:26] | but he’s not really a kid. He’s 19. | 但不是个孩子了 他已经十九岁了 |
[18:29] | Well…Okay. | 确实 |
[18:31] | Anyway, that’s the trouble we’re having. | 不管怎样 这就是麻烦所在 |
[18:32] | She… she thinks that she’s in love with him, | Haddie觉得自己爱上了他 |
[18:35] | and she wants to date him. | 而且想和他约会 |
[18:38] | And Adam and I told her that it’s completely inappropriate. | 我和Adam告诉她这不合适 |
[18:40] | Well, she told me all about it. | 我知道 她都给我讲过了 |
[18:42] | – Who? – Haddie. Yesterday. | – 谁? – Haddie 就是昨天 |
[18:44] | – You saw her yesterday? – When I drove her to school. | – 你昨天见她了? – 我开车送她去的学校 |
[18:46] | She didn’t tell you? She didn’t tell me anything. | – 她没告诉你吗? – 她啥都没说啊 |
[18:48] | Oh, gee, I just assumed that she did. | 天啊 我以为她会告诉你的 |
[18:51] | – No, she didn’t. – It was just… | 她一个字儿都没提 |
[18:54] | she was really… she was really upset. | 我只是觉得她非常非常难过 |
[18:56] | There was a lot of drama, a lot of tears | 充满了戏剧情节 |
[18:59] | on the way to school. | 上学路上她一直在哭 |
[19:00] | And, you know, typical, usual stuff for girls this age. | 都是些她这个年纪的女生常有的事 |
[19:04] | But I tried to work through it with her. | 但我尽量说通她了 |
[19:07] | That’s great. That’s wonderful. | 太好了 很好 |
[19:09] | She feels really comfortable confiding in you, | 她居然更喜欢跟你谈心 |
[19:12] | more than her own mother. | 而不是跟我这个老妈 |
[19:13] | Oh, well… | |
[19:15] | I’m sorry, I just… I can’t… | 对不起 我只是 |
[19:16] | Krissy, you know, sometimes | Krissy 有时候 |
[19:17] | young girls feel more comfortable | 小女生最不想跟自己妈妈谈心了 |
[19:19] | talking to someone who’s not their mother. | |
[19:21] | And, of course, when you tell a teenage girl | 而且 你越是阻止她干啥事 |
[19:23] | that she can’t have something, she’s gonna want it even more. | 她就偏是去干啥事 |
[19:26] | I mean, you know that. | 你知道的嘛 |
[19:27] | Right. | 对啊 |
[19:29] | So what you’re saying is, basically, | 你的意思是说 |
[19:31] | that Adam and I are making a mistake | Adam和我阻止她跟那个十九岁 |
[19:32] | by not letting her date a 19-year-old recovering alcoholic that lives alone… | 独居的戒瘾酒鬼交往是个错误… |
[19:36] | no, no, no. That’s exactly… That’s not what I’m saying. | – 不不不 – 不是 我不是这个意思 |
[19:38] | That’s exactly what you’re saying. | 你就是这个意思 |
[19:40] | I’m so stupid that I even came over here. | 我还跑来找你 真是傻透了 |
[19:41] | That’s not what I’m say… kris… | 我不是这个意思…Kris… |
[19:43] | You could have called, Camille. | Camille 你应该打电话给我们的 |
[19:44] | Kris | Kris, come on. |
[19:47] | Krissy… [Car door shuts] | 别这样 |
[19:48] | That’s not what happened. | 事情不是那样的 |
[19:51] | I’m just finishing up here at work, all right? | 我这儿的活儿就快干完了 |
[19:53] | Almost done, okay? [Knock on door] | 马上了 好吧? |
[19:58] | I tell you what, I’ll meet you there. Okay? | 跟你说 咱俩在那儿见好吧? |
[20:05] | Alex. Mr. braverman. | – Braverman先生 |
[20:07] | – Everything all right? – Yeah. | – 有啥事吗? – 没事 |
[20:08] | I didn’t mean to pop up on you like this, | 我不想突然登门的 |
[20:10] | but do you have a minute to talk? | 但您有没有时间跟我谈谈? |
[20:12] | Sure. Come on in. | 当然有 进来吧 |
[20:18] | Have a seat. It’s a nice place. | – 请坐 – 办公室真不错 |
[20:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:23] | You’re, like, the boss… Right? | 你是这儿的头儿是吧 |
[20:25] | Yeah, yeah, I’m, like, the boss. | 对对 差不多 |
[20:33] | I didn’t know you and your wife | 我不知道您和您夫人 |
[20:34] | told haddie she couldn’t see me. | 跟Haddie说别再见我 |
[20:35] | If I had known, I wouldn’t have seen her. | 要是我知道 我一定不会再见她的 |
[20:38] | I appreciate that. | 谢谢理解 |
[20:42] | And my wife will appreciate that. | 我妻子也一样 |
[20:44] | ‘Cause I work really hard to be 100% honest with my life, | 我尽力在生活里做个100%诚实的人 |
[20:46] | especially with other people. | 尤其是在待人上 |
[20:48] | To be honest to myself. | 对自己也是 |
[20:50] | And I understand you and Mrs. braverman think | 我理解您和您妻子 |
[20:52] | I’m not good enough for your daughter. | 认为我配不上您女儿 |
[20:53] | That is not the case. I don’t know… | 不是的 我不知道… |
[20:55] | I’m not trying to change your mind, sir. | 先生 我不是来说服你的 |
[20:57] | But whatever bogeyman you think I am… | 但不管你觉得我是怎样的… |
[21:01] | I’m not that guy. | 我其实不是那样的 |
[21:04] | Not anymore. | 我已经改过自新了 |
[21:07] | You came here to my office. | 你来我办公室 |
[21:09] | You’re talking to me like a man…I appreciate that. | 像个男人一样跟我说这些 我很感谢你 |
[21:12] | It’s not that I don’t think | 我并不是觉得你配不上我女儿 |
[21:14] | you’re good enough for my daughter. | |
[21:15] | It’s that haddie will be an adult, | 只是Haddie就要长大了 |
[21:18] | dealing with adult things for most of her life. | 她以后都要跟大人的世界打交道 |
[21:21] | But right now, she’s 16, | 可现在她还只有十六岁 |
[21:23] | and her mother and I want her to be 16 | 我们夫妻俩不想让她过早的 |
[21:27] | without rushing into adulthood for as long as she can. | 接触那些事情 |
[21:31] | You know where I’m coming from? I get it. | – 明白我的意思吗? – 明白 |
[21:39] | I wonder how I would have turned out | 要是我父母也像你们一样 |
[21:41] | if I had parents like you. | 我估计就不是现在这个状况了 |
[21:42] | You’re a good dad, Mr. braverman. | Braverman先生 你是个好父亲 |
[21:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:48] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢您跟我聊 |
[21:53] | Alex… | |
[21:55] | I wish you’d had someone who… | 我希望你小时候… |
[22:00] | Cared for you that way when you were a kid. | 也有个好家庭 |
[22:02] | You deserve that. | 那是你应得的 |
[22:03] | Haddie was the closest thing I’ve had to family | Haddie是我最亲近的人了 |
[22:06] | in a really long time, sir. | 就像家人一样 好久没这样过了 |
[22:09] | It’s felt good. | 感觉很不错 |
[22:28] | But listen, I have Lily’s dad on the other line. | Lily的爸爸打来了 |
[22:30] | Can I call you back? Okay, thanks. | 一会儿再打给你好吗? 好 谢谢 |
[22:32] | Hey, Dan. So listen, | 嗨 Dan 听着 |
[22:34] | there is room on the side of the stage for a tripod, | 舞台边上还有些空间 够放个三脚架 |
[22:36] | and we would love to have video, so… | 咱想拍点录像 所以说… |
[22:39] | Well, actually, Jabbar’s not gonna be featured in it anymore. | 其实Jabbar不再是主演了 |
[22:42] | He’s just in the choir, so… | 他就是在合唱那部分… |
[22:44] | Yeah. Okay. | 好的 |
[22:45] | Let’s go, buddy. Time for school. | 小伙儿 走啦 该上学啦 |
[22:47] | – Okay, mommy. – All right. | – 好的 – 好 |
[22:49] | I’ll see you down there. | 到时见 |
[22:53] | – So big day. – Yeah, big day’s here. | – 今天可是大日子啊 – 没错啊 |
[22:56] | Everyone’s fired up. Good. | – 每个人都跃跃欲试 – 很好啊 |
[22:58] | Everyone but our son, who’s brushing his teeth | 可咱儿子 |
[23:01] | like it’s any old day. | 还像平常一样在那儿刷牙 |
[23:03] | I know you’re disappointed, | 我知道你很失望 |
[23:04] | but it doesn’t take anything away | 但这对你给学校做的贡献并无影响啊 |
[23:05] | from what you’re accomplishing for the school. | |
[23:07] | Yeah, the only person it takes away from | 是呀 |
[23:08] | is our son. All right. | 影响的是咱儿子 好吧 |
[23:10] | We’ve been over this already, Crosby. | Crosby 咱已经讨论过这事儿了 |
[23:11] | You know what, he has two parents, okay? | 可他不只有妈妈 还有爸爸啊 |
[23:13] | I’m 50%, and you’re 50%. | 我占一半 你占一半 |
[23:16] | But for some reason, you act like the Captain all the time, | 但不知为啥 你搞得好像自己是船长 |
[23:18] | and I’m the first mate. | 我只是大副一样 |
[23:20] | I want my vote counted. | 我也要发表意见 |
[23:21] | This has nothing to do with anyone getting their way. | 这事跟咱俩谁说了算没关系 |
[23:23] | It’s about jabbar. That is what it’s about! | 这是有关Jabbar的事! |
[23:25] | You don’t even factor in what my opinion is, okay? | 可你根本听不进我的话 好吧? |
[23:28] | He’s a natural, all right. He’s a ham, just like you. | 他是块料子 他就像你一样 擅于表演 |
[23:31] | And if we give him an out right now, | 要是这次咱不让他演 |
[23:32] | we’re sending a message that we don’t think he can do it. | 就是告诉他 咱不相信他能演好 |
[23:35] | I just don’t want you to push him into doing something | 我只是不想你逼他去做让他难过的事 |
[23:36] | that he’s uncomfortable with. | |
[23:37] | Like I’m gonna make him uncomfortable? | 我会那样吗? |
[23:40] | I’m not gonna make my son uncomfortable. | 我才不会让自己的儿子难过 |
[23:42] | I want to take another shot | 我想再试一次 |
[23:44] | at getting him to change his mind. | 看他会不会改变主意 |
[23:46] | All right? | 好吗? |
[23:51] | Fine. Fine. | 好吧 好吧 |
[23:52] | But don’t come to me for the therapy bills | 但他要是有了阴影 |
[23:54] | when he’s damaged for life. | 做心理治疗的帐可别算在我头上 |
[23:56] | All right, well, I’m not gonna be | 好吧 我才不会 |
[23:57] | sending him to therapy, so… | 送他去看心理医生 所以嘛… |
[24:06] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[24:07] | Yeah, well, we’re all gonna go to the play | 咱要一起坐车去看话剧 |
[24:09] | in the car together. | |
[24:10] | – Okay. – Is that what you’re wearing? | – 好吧 – 你就穿这个? |
[24:13] | Yes, dad, this is what I’m wearing. | 对啊 我就穿这个啊 |
[24:15] | Okay. What are you doing? | 好吧 你干啥呢? |
[24:17] | I’m counting my tips. It’s fun. | 我在数零钱啊 多好玩啊 |
[24:20] | How come? | 数它干啥? |
[24:23] | Because drew had this assignment for school | Drew有个任务 |
[24:27] | where he had to raise $500 | 他得筹到五百块 |
[24:29] | so he can play in the baseball tournament. | 才能在棒球比赛中上场 |
[24:30] | He had to sell this wrapping paper, | 他得卖掉些包装纸 |
[24:32] | he didn’t sell it, and… How much is he short? | – 可他没卖掉 而且… – 还差多少钱? |
[24:34] | – Over $300. – Oh, my gosh. | – 三百多 – 天啊 |
[24:36] | And you want to bail him out. | 你想帮帮他 |
[24:37] | Oh, I’d love to be able to, | 我是想啊 |
[24:38] | but that’s just not gonna happen. | 可是不可能了 |
[24:40] | Not gonna happen. | 没可能了啊 |
[24:41] | I don’t know, Sarah. | Sarah 我说不清 |
[24:43] | I think you’re doing the right thing. | 我觉得你这么做是对的 |
[24:44] | I mean, you’ve gotta teach him | 你得教他 |
[24:46] | how to stand on his own two feet. | 怎样靠自己 |
[24:48] | I mean, any moron can bail their kids out, you know. | 笨蛋家长们可以帮他们的孩子 |
[24:51] | These kids have been standing on their own two feet | 这些孩子自出生以来 |
[24:52] | since the day they were born. | 就是靠自己了 |
[24:54] | What I’d like to do is… Be the moron. | 我想做的就是 当个笨蛋 |
[24:57] | Right. | 好吧 |
[25:00] | Guess that’s not gonna happen, huh? | 估计那也没戏吧? |
[25:02] | I guess not. | 是啊 |
[25:03] | Okay, well, thank you. | 好吧 谢谢你 |
[25:05] | Hey, listen, uh… | 听着… |
[25:08] | I wanted to tell you you’re late with your rent. | 我想跟你说 你的房租还没交 |
[25:10] | I don’t pay rent. | 我本来就不交房租的啊 |
[25:12] | Really? | 是吗? |
[25:15] | Well, you should pay rent. | 好吧 你应该要交的 |
[25:17] | I don’t know how that happened. | 真不知道咋回事 |
[25:19] | I’ll go ahead and shut this. [Door shuts] | 我先走了 帮你把门关上 |
[25:25] | Curtain is in 30 minutes, so the house is open. | 过三十分就开幕了 所以观众已经入场啦 |
[25:28] | That means we have to be very quiet. | 咱得小声点儿 |
[25:30] | So inside voices, okay? Hey. | 悄悄地说 好吗? |
[25:33] | Hey…Jabbar. | 嗨…Jabbar |
[25:38] | You can do this. | 你能行的 |
[25:40] | But mommy said I don’t have to. | 可妈妈说不想做可以不做 |
[25:43] | Yeah, you’re right. But we talked, and… | 对 说得对 但我们又谈了谈… |
[25:47] | Both daddy and mommy think that you should give it a try. | 爸妈觉得你还是去试一试 |
[25:52] | You can do it. | 你能行的 |
[25:55] | Give me your hands. | 把手给我 |
[25:58] | Feel that? | 感觉到啦? |
[25:59] | We can’t be with you onstage, | 我们不能在台上陪你 |
[26:01] | but we’re gonna be right there, all right? | 但我们就在台下 好吗? |
[26:04] | And so is everyone who loves you. | 还有所有爱你的人 |
[26:06] | So I want you to picture that all of us are | 你就想象隔着空气大家都握着你的手 |
[26:08] | holding your hand through the air. | |
[26:10] | But I only have two hands, dad. | 爸爸 可我只有两只手啊 |
[26:13] | We’ll be holding your hand in spirit, honey. | 亲爱的 我们在精神上握就好啦 |
[26:16] | When you do this, you’re gonna be so proud of yourself. | 成功之后 你会很为自己骄傲的 |
[26:19] | It’s gonna feel so good, I promise. | 我保证 感觉很不错的 |
[26:22] | What do you say? | 你说呢? |
[26:23] | – Okay. – Okay, that’s my boy! | – 好吧 – 好 这才是我的乖儿子! |
[26:28] | Okay, do you remember your line? | 好了 记得你的台词吗? |
[26:30] | – Uh-huh. – Okay, good. | 好 那就好 |
[26:31] | – Costume? – Um, yes. | – 服装呢? – 好了 |
[26:33] | Just over there. Okay. | – 就在那边 – 好的 |
[26:34] | Is Sydney gonna play the part too? | Sydney也要演这个角色吗? |
[26:44] | Hey. | |
[26:45] | – Hey. – I just want to tell you | 我想跟你说 |
[26:48] | that I’m not gonna be able to help you | 包装纸的事 |
[26:49] | with the wrapping paper thing. | 我帮不了你了 |
[26:51] | – Seriously, it’s okay. – No, I know it’s okay. | – 说真的 没事的 – 不 我知道没事 |
[26:53] | But I just want to tell you, someday I hope to be | 但我只是想跟你说 总有一天 |
[26:56] | the kind of mom who can frivolously | 我会变成个大富婆 |
[27:00] | throw buckets of money | 随手就能丢出一堆钱 |
[27:01] | for my child’s procrastination problems. | 你拖得再晚也不怕 |
[27:03] | But today is not that day, and I’m sorry. | 但现在还不行 对不起 |
[27:05] | Well, I sold it all. | 我把纸都卖出去了 |
[27:06] | – No. – Yeah. | – 不是吧 – 没错 |
[27:09] | What? Who would buy it? | 你说啥? 谁买的? |
[27:10] | – Some guy bought all of it. – Really? | – 有个人全买了 – 真的? |
[27:13] | Yeah. They probably just felt bad for me, but… | 对 没准他只是觉得我可怜 但是… |
[27:15] | – Oh, I’m so relieved. – So we’re off the hook. | – 真让我松了一口气 – 所以危机解除了 |
[27:16] | Well, you can play in your tournament. | 你也可以去打比赛了 |
[27:18] | – Yes. – Look at you. | – 是啊 – 看看你 |
[27:19] | It’s ’cause of that face. | 一定是因为你的正太脸 |
[27:21] | It’s ’cause of your little nosey, | 因为你的小鼻子小嘴 |
[27:22] | little mouth… so cute. | 可爱死了 |
[27:25] | Who could say no to that? I don’t know. | – 有谁能拒绝呢? – 我不知道 |
[27:26] | Listen, I’m glad, but next year, you start early, okay. | 听着 我是很高兴 不过明年 你早早就开始准备 |
[27:29] | Let’s not procrastinate. | 不许拖延了 |
[27:30] | Let’s, like, get on it, like, in July. | 咱应该七月份就开始 |
[27:31] | Because if people will buy it in January, | 既然一月份都有人会买 |
[27:33] | just imagine how much we could sell it in the summer. | 想想要是夏天的话 能卖出去多少啊 |
[27:36] | You know what I mean? That’s true. Yeah. | – 明白我的意思吗? – 没错 是啊 |
[27:37] | We could start, like, a whole craze… like, ooh, plan early. | 咱可以尽早实行疯狂计划 |
[27:39] | Okay, hon, listen, | 亲爱的 好了 听着 |
[27:41] | you really stepped up back there, you know. | 那天你真是挺身而出啊 |
[27:43] | Jabbar was scared, and you really helped him out. | Jabbar当时吓坏了 你真的帮了他个大忙 |
[27:45] | But he’s not scared anymore, | 但他现在不害怕了 |
[27:47] | and he would like to play the gold miner part. | 他想继续演矿工 |
[27:51] | So… | 所以… |
[27:53] | If I give him the part back, what do I get? | 我把那个角色还给他 那我有啥好处啊? |
[27:56] | Syd, it doesn’t work like that. You just… | Syd 不是那样的 你… |
[27:58] | no, no, no, no, no. I will play… | 不不不 我补偿你… |
[27:59] | I will play hardball. I tell you what, | 跟你说 |
[28:01] | how ’bout I pick you up on Saturday | 周六我去接你 |
[28:03] | and take you to any movie you want to see, pg or under? | 再带你去看电影 非限制级的 想看啥看啥? |
[28:07] | – You don’t have to do that. – Do I get popcorn? | – 不用那样的 – 我能吃爆米花吗? |
[28:09] | – Yeah, all you can eat. – And candy? | – 行 想吃多少吃多少 – 还有糖果? |
[28:11] | Oh, wow. She certainly is Julia’s daughter. | 还真像Julia的女儿 |
[28:14] | Isn’t she? | 可不是嘛 |
[28:15] | – Yeah, all-you-can-eat popcorn and candy. | 爆米花和糖果 随便吃 |
[28:18] | Deal. Pleasure doing business with you. | 成交 很高兴和你合作 |
[28:21] | The pleasure was all mine. | 该高兴的是我才对 |
[28:24] | And I don’t get why if haddie doesn’t have to go, | 我不明白为啥Haddie不用去 |
[28:25] | I still do. | 我却要去 |
[28:27] | It just does not seem like justice. | 这不公平 |
[28:28] | This play is about the history of California. | 这话剧是讲加州历史的 |
[28:30] | You love history. No, I don’t love history. | – 你最喜欢历史了 – 不 我不喜欢历史 |
[28:32] | I’m good at history. I don’t like it at all. | 我只是学得好罢了 我才不喜欢 |
[28:34] | I like math. Hey, kris. | – 我喜欢数学 – 嗨 Kris |
[28:36] | Hey, Cammy. | 嗨 Cammy |
[28:39] | – Now, cut that out. – Cut what out? | – 好了 别那样了 – 哪样? |
[28:43] | The thing with your arms that you do. | 你胳膊的姿势 |
[28:45] | When you get mad, you do that. | 你一生气就那样 |
[28:46] | [Scoffs] I’m not mad. Why would I be mad? | 我才没生气 我为啥要生气? |
[28:49] | I’m not mad. | 我不生气 |
[28:50] | I was just a little chilly. | 我就是有点儿冷 |
[28:51] | I should have called you. I’m sorry. | 我本该打给你的 抱歉 |
[28:53] | I’m sorry. It’s okay. | – 抱歉 – 没事 |
[28:55] | – I thought it was handled. – It’s handled, okay? | – 我以为自己搞定了 – 应经搞定了 好吧 |
[28:58] | And we would really appreciate it | 要是你能支持我俩 |
[29:00] | if you would support us. | 我们会感谢你的 |
[29:01] | – Hey, honey. – Hey, mom. | – 嗨 亲爱的 – 嗨 妈 |
[29:03] | Listen, honey, I’m sorry I’m late. | 亲爱的 抱歉我来晚了 |
[29:04] | Just… where are the kids? | 只是 孩子们呢? |
[29:05] | Max is over there sitting down, | Max在那边坐 |
[29:08] | and haddie is in the car. She doesn’t want to come in. | Haddie在车里呢 她不想来 |
[29:10] | – Why? – She’s pouting. | – 为啥? – 她生气着呢 |
[29:11] | Honey, that’s unacceptable. | 亲爱的 这太过分了 |
[29:12] | – I know, but she doesn’t… – I’m gonna go get her. | – 我知道 但她… – 我去把她叫来 |
[29:14] | She’s pouting. Don’t bother. The show’s about to start. | 她生气呢 别去了 演出快开始了 |
[29:16] | Forget it. Believe me. Okay. All right. | – 别想了 相信我 – 好的 好的 |
[29:19] | Ladies, how are you? | 女士们 你们好吗 |
[29:22] | Very well, thank you, sir. | 很好 |
[29:28] | ♪ I’m a little worried ♪ [Dialogue inaudible] | 谢谢了 |
[29:31] | ♪ That I killed something inside of me ♪ ♪ when I let you go ♪ | 先生 |
[29:37] | you can’t resist me | 你忍受不了我的诱惑的 |
[29:38] | because I’m so beautiful… Well… | 我那么美 |
[29:41] | – And funny. Yeah. – Great. | – 又有趣 – 太好了 |
[29:42] | – Thank you. – You’re welcome. | – 谢了 – 不客气 |
[29:44] | So… | 那么… |
[29:47] | I heard about the whole Alex battle. | 我听说了你们为了Alex大干一场 |
[29:51] | I can’t say that I’m a million percent on board | 我不能保证完全了解情况 |
[29:53] | because the aa thing makes me really nervous. | 因为戒酒协会的事 实在让我很紧张 |
[29:56] | But I know that I’ve said that already. | 但那话我已经说了 |
[29:58] | I know you obviously really like him a lot, | 我也知道你很喜欢他 |
[30:01] | so I’m gonna help you. | 所以我要来帮帮你 |
[30:05] | [Telephone rings] | |
[30:08] | – Hello? – Alex, hey, it’s Amber. | – 喂? – Alex 嗨 我叫Amber |
[30:12] | Haddie’s cousin. Hey. | – 是Haddie的表姐 – 嗨 |
[30:15] | Um, how’s she doing? | 她咋样啦? |
[30:17] | She’s okay. Listen, um, | 她还好 听我说 |
[30:21] | I just wanted to talk to you because I heard that | 我打给你是因为 |
[30:23] | you aren’t speaking to her. | 我听说你不理她了 |
[30:24] | Just sounds to me, like, the stupidest thing | 听起来蠢极了 |
[30:26] | I’ve ever heard. | |
[30:28] | She’s obviously doing this thing with her parents | 她这样跟父母吵架 |
[30:30] | because of you. | 明显是为了你 |
[30:31] | She’s doing it so that your feelings don’t get hurt. | 她这样是在乎你的感受 |
[30:33] | So it’s just a little confusing to me | 所以我很疑惑 |
[30:35] | that you’re not talking to her | 为啥她在帮你 |
[30:37] | when she’s just trying to help you. | 而你却不理她了 |
[30:39] | She needs you, you know what I mean? | 她需要你 明白吗? |
[30:40] | So it just kind of sucks. | 所以这事很不好 |
[30:42] | And if you blow this, | 要是你搞砸了这份感情 |
[30:43] | you’re the stupidest person ever | 你就是世上最蠢的人了 |
[30:46] | ’cause she’s the most incredible person that exists. | 她可是世上最好的女生 |
[30:49] | Aren’t you the thoughtful cousin. | 你还真会替人着想啊 |
[30:50] | I have my moments. | 我也有辉煌时刻啊 |
[30:51] | Yeah, but it’s a little more complicated than that. | 是嘛 只是这没那么简单 |
[30:53] | There’s a lot I need to think about. | 我要考虑的事太多 |
[30:56] | That’s annoying. She’ll be at this phone number | 真烦人 接下来四十五分钟 打这个号码 |
[30:58] | for the next 45 minutes, and then you’re on your own. | 你就能找到她 之后嘛 没人帮得了你了 |
[31:01] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[31:16] | Sycamore charter is proud to present | Sycamore学校 荣幸为您呈现 |
[31:17] | the history of California. | <加州历史> |
[31:19] | [Cheers and applause] | |
[31:21] | [Music plays] | |
[31:25] | ♪ ♪ | |
[31:27] | kids: ♪ here we are, you and me ♪ | |
[31:32] | ♪ California, heavenly ♪ | |
[31:37] | ♪ young and strong ♪ | |
[31:39] | ♪ fancy free ♪ | |
[31:41] | ♪ man, how lucky ♪ | |
[31:43] | ♪ can we be ♪ | |
[31:46] | ♪ ♪ | |
[31:49] | ♪ we got the mountains ♪ | |
[31:51] | ♪ we got the sea ♪ | |
[31:54] | ♪ got avocados on the tree ♪ | |
[31:59] | ♪ baking days of sunshine ♪ | |
[32:00] | ♪ healthy air to breathe ♪ | |
[32:02] | ♪ now we’ve got some golden opportunities ♪ | |
[32:06] | ♪ ♪ | |
[32:09] | viva Mexico! | 墨西哥万岁! |
[32:11] | He’s come to save your souls. | 他会来拯救你们的灵魂的 |
[32:15] | There’s gold in them there hills. | 这些山里有金子 |
[32:18] | – Hey, man, give peace a chance. – Power to the people. | – 伙计 |
[32:20] | [Applause] | 给和平个机会 – 将权力赋予人民 |
[32:23] | [Imitating schwarzenegger] I’m the governator | 我就是加州州长! (模仿施瓦辛格) |
[32:24] | of California! | 好莱坞庄园 |
[32:26] | [Cheers and applause] | 我要振兴加州 |
[32:29] | I like you, kid. You oughta be in pictures. | 孩子 我喜欢你 你得留张照片 |
[32:32] | That’s what I was thinking. | 我也这么想 |
[32:33] | What did you say your name is again? | 你叫什么来着? |
[32:35] | My friends call me Norma Jean, | 朋友们都叫我Norma Jean (梦露的真名) |
[32:36] | but my fans know me as Marilyn. | 但粉丝们叫我玛丽莲 |
[32:39] | Marilyn Monroe. | 玛丽莲 |
[32:40] | [Laughter] | 梦露 |
[32:42] | I cannot believe I’m letting her play a sex symbol. | 真不敢相信我竟然让她 扮演个性感尤物 |
[32:44] | This is… Oh, come on. | – 这太… – 拜托 |
[32:46] | It’s just a play. She’s cute. | 就是个话剧嘛 她很可爱啊 |
[32:49] | Dude, can’t you ever relax? | 姐们儿 放松点儿行不? |
[32:51] | No…Dude. | 不行…姐们儿 |
[32:52] | – You don’t say. – I do say! | – 你没说 – 我说了! |
[32:55] | That’s right, the first studios were built in 1903. | 对了 第一个工作室建于1903年 |
[32:59] | So that settles it, kid. You’ve got the part. | 孩子 就这样了 你来担任这个角色 |
[33:03] | Hey, you ready? | 准备好了没? |
[33:07] | I’m scared. There’s lots of people out there. | 我好害怕 下面坐了好多人哦 |
[33:10] | Don’t worry about all those people. | 别担心他们 |
[33:11] | Listen, just go out there and do your thing | 只要走上台去 演好你的角色 |
[33:13] | and say your line… you’re gonna be so good. | 讲出台词就行…会很棒的 |
[33:15] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[33:16] | – [Whispering] Crosby. – Yeah? | – 咋啦? |
[33:18] | Back to the piano. | 回去弹钢琴 |
[33:19] | Yeah, okay. I’m going. | 好 这就去 |
[33:20] | Okay, you’re gonna be great, all right? ♪ ♪ kids: ♪ look out there and you can see ♪ ♪ all the different faces ♪ | 好了 |
[33:49] | ♪ some of us are doing great ♪ ♪ others trail behind ♪ now that we have struck it rich ♪ ♪ we should keep in mind ♪ | 你会演好的 |
[34:18] | again. Again. Kids: ♪ now that we have struck it rich ♪ | 再来 |
[34:25] | ♪ we should keep in mind ♪ [sighs] [Hushed murmurs] | 再来 |
[34:38] | To spread the gold around! | 把金子分给大家吧! |
[34:41] | [Cheers and applause] | |
[34:43] | Kids: ♪ we’re in this together ♪ | |
[34:46] | ♪ yes, we are, indeed ♪ | |
[34:50] | ♪ mother nature blessed us ♪ | |
[34:52] | ♪ with treasure in the ground ♪ | |
[34:57] | ♪ can’t we see eye to eye ♪ | |
[34:59] | ♪ let’s agree to split the pie ♪ | |
[35:03] | ♪ and we’ll spread the treasure ♪ | |
[35:07] | ♪ that golden, golden treasure ♪ | |
[35:11] | ♪ we’ll spread the treasure around ♪ | |
[35:16] | ♪ together ♪ | |
[35:18] | [cheers and applause] | |
[35:26] | [Cell phone vibrates] | |
[35:30] | – Hello? – Haddie? | – 喂? |
[35:33] | – Yeah? – Your cousin is pretty bold. | – 是啊 – 你表姐还真大胆 |
[35:35] | I mean, yeah, you have no idea. | 可不是嘛 |
[35:39] | All right, look, I’m just gonna say this. | 好吧 我只想跟你说几句话 |
[35:41] | After everything went down with you, | 经过咱俩这些事 |
[35:43] | I had to call my sponsor. | 我不得不打给我的监督人 |
[35:44] | – Are you okay? – Yeah, yeah. | – 你还好吧? – 还好 |
[35:47] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[35:49] | He told me in the beginning I shouldn’t have a relationship | 他一开始就说了 第一年我不该谈恋爱的 |
[35:51] | for the first year, and now I know why. | 现在我明白原因了 |
[35:57] | I feel terrible. | 我很抱歉 |
[35:58] | No, I don’t want you to feel bad. | 不 我不是这个意思 |
[35:59] | I care about you a whole lot, | 我很在乎你 |
[36:01] | but if things are gonna work out between us, | 但要是咱俩想继续下去 |
[36:03] | you gotta make things right with your folks. | 你得跟你爸妈说清楚 |
[36:05] | Their minds are made up. | 他们已经下定主意了 |
[36:08] | I don’t know, this is really just unfair. | 我不知道 这太不公平了 |
[36:10] | It is unfair. | 这不公平 |
[36:12] | It is what it is, though. | 但事实如此 |
[36:15] | I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[36:17] | Bye. | 再见了 |
[36:21] | ♪ I will stand here ♪ | |
[36:23] | ♪ and burn my skin ♪ | |
[36:40] | thanks, Crosby. You’re a good director. | Crosby 谢了 你导演得真好 |
[36:43] | Oh, thanks, Jensen. | Jensen 谢谢夸奖 |
[36:45] | Great job. Thanks again. | 做得很好 真谢谢你 |
[36:47] | Well, I am the toast of the town. | 现在大家都对我刮目相看了 |
[36:49] | I’m so popular. – Mm-hmm. | 我火咯 |
[36:58] | So he was pretty unbelievable, right? | 他也很厉害 是吧? |
[37:00] | – Yeah, he was amazing. – And? | – 对 相当精彩 – 还有呢? |
[37:03] | And…I’m really proud of both of you. | 还有…我为你俩感到骄傲 |
[37:09] | You know, you won’t spontaneously combust | 说句”Crosby说得对”又不会害你自燃 |
[37:12] | if you were to say “Crosby was right.” | |
[37:14] | It won’t kill you. | 死不了的 |
[37:16] | I don’t know about you being right. | 我可不知道你说对了 |
[37:17] | I don’t know about that. Oh, have you looked at him? | – 我啥也不知道 – 你看见他没? |
[37:20] | He’s like a whole new guy. | 像变了个人一样 |
[37:21] | ♪ We got the sea ♪ | |
[37:22] | – see how confident he is? – Okay, you’re right… | – 看他多自信? |
[37:25] | – Mm-hmm. | – 好吧 你说得对… |
[37:26] | Because our brave and talented son | 咱们又勇敢又天才的儿子 |
[37:28] | stepped to the plate. | 走上了舞台 |
[37:29] | – Hmm. – You got lucky. | 你走运而已 |
[37:31] | – I got lucky. – You got lucky. | – 我走运啊 – 对呀 |
[37:34] | – [Makes popping sounds] – You know, I’m gonna enter you | 你绝对会入选美国最顽固小姐比赛的 |
[37:37] | in the miss stubborn American pageant. | |
[37:40] | And I think you’re gonna win first place. | 估计还能拿冠军 |
[37:59] | Hey, Max, will you give this to Amber? | Max 能把这个给Amber吗? |
[38:01] | – Yeah. – I made a phone call, | – 好啊 – 我打了个电话 |
[38:03] | so if you want to ground me again | 要是你们想再禁我的足 |
[38:05] | or take something away, go for it. | 或者再拿走点儿东西 随便吧 |
[38:10] | Okay? Yeah. | – 好吧? – 好 |
[38:11] | – I’m gonna walk home. – Haddie… | – 我要走路回去 |
[38:12] | – You’re gonna walk home. – Yeah. | – 你要走回去? – 没错 |
[38:13] | It’s dark. | 天很黑的 |
[38:14] | It’s not safe. It’s ridiculous. | 太危险了 别无理取闹 |
[38:16] | I don’t want to be in the car with you guys right now. | 我现在不想跟你们一起待在车里 |
[38:19] | Okay? | 好吧? |
[38:25] | Haddie. | |
[38:27] | Honey, it’s fine. | 亲爱的 没事 |
[38:30] | She can walk. | 让她走吧 |
[38:33] | Come on, guys, let’s go! | 大伙儿 咱们走啦! |
[38:35] | Do you think we should call a cab | 咱是不是应该叫个出租车 |
[38:37] | to take us to the car? | 送咱去你的汽车那儿? |
[38:38] | – Now, now. – Yeah, right. | – 快快快 – 可不是嘛 |
[38:39] | I didn’t want to park in that parking lot | 我是不想停在那儿的停车场 |
[38:42] | because it takes too long to get the car out. | 开出来太久了 |
[38:43] | It’s right over here. | 就在这里了 |
[38:44] | I mean, you think you can make it, for Pete’s sake? | 天啊 你能撑到走到那儿不? |
[38:47] | – I don’t know. I’ll try. – See, it’s right there. | – 不知道 我尽量吧 – 看 就在那儿了 |
[38:49] | We can get oxygen on the way if you like. | 你们想的话 回去路上 还能呼吸呼吸新鲜空气呢 |
[38:51] | So, drew, what’d you think of your cousins? | Drew 觉得你的弟弟妹妹咋样? |
[38:54] | Pretty cute, huh? It was cute. | – 很可爱吧? – 是啊 |
[38:56] | It wasn’t as bad as I had expected. | 没我想象得那么糟 |
[38:58] | What an amazing review, al roker… through the roof. | 这评价真不错 Al Roker…高度评价啊 |
[39:03] | Why are you calling him al roker? | 为啥叫他Al Roker? (NBC天气预报员) |
[39:04] | – Thumbs up. – Roker doesn’t review movies. | – 竖大拇指咯 – Roker从不评论电影 |
[39:06] | – No, mom, not thumbs up. – Yes, he does. | – 不 妈 别竖拇指了 – 他评论的 |
[39:08] | No, he doesn’t. Maybe at home with his wife. | 才没有 在家跟他老婆说还差不多 |
[39:10] | – He’s a weather man. – Can you open up the back, dad? | – 他是天气预报员 – 老爸 后备箱打开一下? |
[39:12] | Dad, I just want to put these in there, okay? | 爸 让我放下东西? |
[39:15] | They’re very heavy for cakes. | 这蛋糕还挺重的 |
[39:19] | Dad… What? | – 爸… |
[39:41] | [Banging pots, cupboards] | – 咋啦? |
[39:55] | – Where’s the peanut butter? – Stop it. | – 花生酱呢? – 别这样 |
[39:57] | – Stop what? – This is over. | – 哪样? – 结束了 |
[39:59] | Okay? All of it is over. | 好吧? 一切都结束了 |
[40:01] | – What? What is over. – Slamming the cabinets, | – 啥? 啥结束了? – 摔橱柜门 |
[40:04] | the moping, the being rude… all of it’s over. Okay? | 闷闷不乐 发脾气…别再那样了好吗? |
[40:07] | Just stop. Okay. | – 停手吧 – 好啊 |
[40:09] | So then, when can I see Alex? | 那我啥时候能见Alex? |
[40:11] | Um, never. | 永远也不能 |
[40:13] | We talked about this. | 咱已经说好了 |
[40:15] | As long as you live in our house, | 只要你还住在这个家 |
[40:16] | you’re gonna abide by our rules, okay? | 就得守咱定的规矩 明白? |
[40:18] | And stick to our rules, that’s it. Enough is enough. | 乖乖听话 就这样 |
[40:23] | Enough is enough. You’re right. | 够了 没错 |
[40:27] | Really? What does that mean? | 真的? 你啥意思? |
[40:30] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪儿? |
[40:35] | ♪ There’s no saving anything ♪ | |
[40:41] | ♪ now we’re swallowing the shine of the sun ♪ | |
[40:46] | ♪ there’s no saving anything ♪ | |
[40:52] | ♪ ah, we swallow the sun ♪ | |
[40:55] | – hey. | – Hey. – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[40:59] | What’s wrong? Are you okay? You look upset. | 咋啦? 还好吧? 看起来很伤心的样子 |
[41:01] | Um, I was… I was wondering | 我…我在想 |
[41:06] | if I could stay here for a while. | 能不能让我在这儿住一段时间 |
[41:09] | Hi, sweetie. What’s going on? | 亲爱的 咋回事啊? |
[41:12] | Um, I… can I stay here? | 我…我能住这儿吗? |
[41:18] | For a while. | 就一段时间 |
[41:22] | How long a while? | 一段时间是多久? |
[41:26] | I mean, I don’t know. College? ♪ That’s taken us over ♪ | 不知道 |
[41:33] | ♪ ♪ ♪ and it’s taking forever ♪ | 上大学为止? |