时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | – I’m not pregnant. – Ok. | – 我没怀孕 – 好吧 |
[00:02] | I’ve been trying for four months. | 都试了4个月了 |
[00:04] | When did it get so hard to get pregnant? | 现在怀个孕比登天都难 |
[00:07] | Up all night, writing. | 熬夜写东西啊 |
[00:09] | I’ve just started and it came out and I don’t know what it is. | 开了个头就文思泉涌了 我也不知道这算啥 |
[00:12] | You might want to talk to my friend Carly Barow. | 跟Carly Barow聊聊吧 她是我朋友 |
[00:15] | Tell me why you’re interested in going to Berkeley. | 你为啥想上伯克利? |
[00:17] | It’s a great school. | 那是名校啊 |
[00:18] | Gaby has been working for us | Gaby都在这儿工作了一年多了 |
[00:19] | for over a year, trying to gain Max’s trust, | 一直在争取Max的信任 |
[00:21] | and she quit because of Crosby. | 因为Crosby 她辞职了 |
[00:23] | What you did to me makes me sick. | 你的所作所为 |
[00:24] | What you did to our family makes me sick. | 伤害了我和家人 |
[00:26] | I don’t even want to look at you! | 我不想看到你! |
[00:28] | ♪ Don’t wait up ♪ | 丫头 |
[00:31] | ♪ I’ll be walking through the graveyard ♪ | 赶紧的 |
[00:37] | ♪ and I’m hardly alive if I try ♪ | 该上学啦 |
[00:40] | Okay, late bite, Syd. We gotta go, hon. | – 早吃完了 |
[00:41] | – I already finished. – Thank you. | – 太给力了 |
[00:43] | – Thank you. – Yeah. Hey, so? | – 你辛苦咯 – 咋样? |
[00:46] | So, um…So no. | 还是… |
[00:48] | So we came up dry again. | 没有 |
[00:50] | It’s fine. | 又失败了 没事的 |
[00:51] | You know, I had an appointment last week, | 我上周去看了医生了 |
[00:53] | and everything looked fine, so… | 一切正常 所以… |
[00:54] | Honey, it’s supposed to take a while. | 老婆 |
[00:56] | It’s early in the process. | 你得有点耐心 |
[00:57] | You just gotta take it easy. | 要个过程嘛 放心啦 |
[00:58] | You know what? Maybe it’s time | 没准你该去检查下 |
[01:00] | we get you checked out, babe, just… just to be sure. | 保证万无一失嘛 |
[01:02] | Be sure…Of what? | 保证… 啥啊? |
[01:04] | How many fish you have | 看你有多少小鱼 |
[01:05] | and how fast they’re swimming. | 它们能游多快啊 |
[01:07] | We’re getting a fish? – Uh… – Well, no, sweetie. | 咱家要养鱼啦? |
[01:10] | Maybe. Um… | 闺女 也许养 也许不养 |
[01:12] | I’m setting up an appointment for you, okay? | 我帮你预约下? |
[01:13] | Really? I’m pretty sure I’ve got a tank | 你来真的? |
[01:15] | full of really, really fast, athletic swimmers. | 我敢肯定 |
[01:17] | I’m sure they are. | 这儿有一大缸游泳健将呢 |
[01:18] | We’re getting an aquarium? | 可不是嘛 咱家要买水族箱吗? |
[01:20] | – Uh… – No. Maybe. | – 也许买 |
[01:22] | Maybe. Both: We’ll see. | 也许不买 – 现在还说不准 |
[01:23] | Daddy, I forgot my backpack. | – 把拔 |
[01:25] | Thank you. All right. Come on. | 没拿书包呢 – |
[01:27] | My fish are fine. | 真贴心 好了 走吧 |
[01:29] | ♪ It’s a difficult burden to bear ♪ | 我的小鱼儿可厉害了 |
[01:31] | ♪ when you’re not quite there ♪ | 好啦 |
[01:33] | I will talk to my husband, and I will call you back. | 走啦 我跟我丈夫商量下 |
[01:35] | No, thank you. Okay. | 然后回您电话 |
[01:37] | [Beep] Talk to me about what? | 谢谢您才是 好的 |
[01:39] | – Who’s that? – That was Max’s school. | 跟我商量啥? 谁打来的? |
[01:42] | They want us to come in this afternoon | Max的学校打来的 |
[01:44] | for a parent conference. Really. Why? | 叫咱下午去一趟 |
[01:47] | I don’t know. They wouldn’t say. | – 是吗? 为啥? – 不知道 没说 只说想当面谈谈 – 出啥事儿了? – 没啥事儿啊 Robertson博士想见咱 校长啊 情况不妙 – 上次叫咱去… – 是要开除Max 好吧 我下午请个假 – 好 不会有事的 – 好 肯定不会的 我拿不定主意了 要么跟小姨一样 要么像个老土的图书管理员 公司就是这样啦 他们穿这些制服不难受吗? 不知道 可能吧 这可是律师事务所啊 |
[01:48] | They just said they wanted to discuss it with us in person. | |
[01:50] | – Did something happen? – Not that I know of. | |
[01:52] | They said that Dr. Robertson wants to see us. | |
[01:55] | The principal. That’s not good. | |
[01:57] | Mm-mm. The last time this happened was when… | |
[01:59] | When Max got kicked out of school… I know. | |
[02:03] | All right. I’ll clear my schedule this afternoon. | |
[02:05] | – Okay. It’ll be fine. – Yeah. | |
[02:11] | I don’t know, what do you think? | |
[02:13] | It’s either, you know, aunt Julia impression | |
[02:15] | or it’s, you know, a corny librarian. | |
[02:17] | Welcome to the corporate world, okay? | |
[02:19] | Do you think they feel good in those suits and ties? | |
[02:21] | I don’t know. Maybe. I mean, it’s a law firm. | |
[02:23] | What am I gonna talk to these people about? | 要咋跟他们交流啊? |
[02:25] | I mean, I’m completely out of my element. | 我完全不在行啊 |
[02:26] | Exactly. It’s a whole new experience. | 这是全新的体验 |
[02:29] | You should thank aunt Julia. | 你得谢谢小姨哦 |
[02:31] | I mean, look at you. Everything’s happening. | 一切都如预期所想哦 |
[02:32] | This is an internship that could turn into a job. | 这次实习可能是 |
[02:35] | You could do this during the summer, | 未来工作的契机哟 |
[02:36] | when you’re off of Berkeley. | 伯克利放暑假时 |
[02:38] | When I’m off from Berkeley with you guys. | 你可以再回这儿实习 |
[02:39] | I’m going to Berkeley. | 又开始了 |
[02:41] | I mean, mom, we don’t know yet. | 那也得先被录取啊 |
[02:42] | Oh, Amber… | – 这事还不一定呢 |
[02:43] | [Toilet flushing] Can I just ask you a quick question? | – 丫头… |
[02:45] | What if I don’t get into Berkeley? | 有个小问题 – |
[02:46] | Why don’t you think about something positive? | 我要是进不了伯克利呢? – |
[02:48] | Mom, I know! | 为啥不往好的方面想呢? 妈 我懂! |
[02:50] | It’s just, you’re putting all this pressure on me. | 你让我鸭梨好大啊 爸 |
[02:52] | What do you have in your pants, dad? | 你裤子里揣着啥? – |
[02:53] | What kind of a question is that? | 这是啥问题啊? – 我刚上完厕所 |
[02:55] | I was going to the bathroom, | 顺便看了下你的剧本 |
[02:56] | and I, uh, was perusing your play. | 你说啥? |
[02:58] | Dad, are you kidding me? You read… | 你看了… |
[03:00] | You took that in the bathroom? | – 你把它拿去厕所了? |
[03:01] | A play? What does that mean? | – 剧本? 咋回事? |
[03:03] | It’s not a play. It’s part of a play. | – 还不是 只写了一幕 |
[03:04] | Your mother has written a play, | – 外孙女 |
[03:06] | – and it’s fantastic, Amber. – You wrote a play? | 你妈写了个剧本哦 – 写得非常好哟 |
[03:08] | I wrote this thing. It’s not even done yet. | – 真的假的啊? 我还没写完呢 |
[03:11] | You shouldn’t be reading this. | 你咋就拿去看了? |
[03:12] | No one’s supposed to read this yet. | 现在还不是时候 |
[03:13] | Am I in there? Was I in there? | – 有写到我吗? |
[03:15] | It’s all about you. | 有吗? 有吗? |
[03:16] | [School bell rings] | – 都是写你的 |
[03:20] | – Oh, hey. – Hey. | – 还是赶来了啊? |
[03:22] | – You made it after all? – Yeah, class ended early. | – 对 |
[03:24] | So…Thanks for covering for me. | 提前下课了 – 谢谢你过来 |
[03:25] | Yeah. No problem. | – 没事 |
[03:31] | Okay. Well… | 不客气 好了 |
[03:32] | You can go. | 你可以走了 Jasmine 我知道你不想跟我讲话 |
[03:38] | You know, Jasmine, I know that you don’t want to talk to me. | – 没错 |
[03:42] | – I don’t. – But if you could… | – 但你能… |
[03:44] | – Mom and dad, guess what? – Hey! | 爸爸 妈妈 |
[03:46] | – Hey, buddy. – I’m star of the week. | – 乖儿子 |
[03:48] | Yeah! | – 我是本周之星哦 |
[03:50] | – Look. Voila! – [Laughs] | – 太好了! |
[03:52] | – Oh, cool! – That’s great! | – 看啊! |
[03:54] | You get to put pictures on it | – 太酷了! |
[03:56] | and say things that you like… | – 真不赖啊! |
[03:57] | And then your mom and dad | 可以在上面贴照片 写想说的话… |
[03:58] | get to come to class | 你俩要来学校哦 |
[03:59] | and talk about your family! | 在全班面前介绍咱家! |
[04:01] | – All three of us together? | |
[04:03] | Yeah! | 咱仨一起? – |
[04:04] | You guys can come, right? | 是啊! |
[04:10] | Yeah. Of course. Of course. | 你们会来的吧? – |
[04:13] | Yes! | 当然会咯 |
[04:14] | I’m gonna put a lotta pictures on it. | – 太好啦! |
[04:16] | I’m gonna put all the pictures that we have on it. | 我要贴好多照片上去 |
[04:20] | All about Jabbar! Whoo! | 把所有的照片都贴上 |
[04:22] | All about me. Whoo-hoo! | 巨星Jabbar来也! 大牌大牌就是偶 |
[04:23] | So, buddy, how’s school going? | 儿子 |
[04:25] | Everything good? You’re liking your friends? | 学校咋样? |
[04:26] | – Yeah. – They’re nice to you? | 没出啥事吧? – 跟同学相处的好吗? – 好啊 |
[04:28] | How much farther are we gonna go? | – 大家对你友好吗? |
[04:29] | Not too much farther. | – 咱还要走多远啊? 就快走完了 |
[04:31] | Just out for a little walk, you know. | 就是散个步嘛 �� 咱可从没散过步 |
[04:32] | This is so weird. We never go on walks. | – 挺有趣的啊 – |
[04:34] | – It’s kind of fun. – No. Not really. | 很无趣 一起待一会儿 呼吸下新鲜空气 |
[04:36] | Yeah. Spending time together. Getting some fresh air. | – 我想上厕所 – |
[04:38] | – I have to go to the bathroom. – What? Right now? | 啥? 现在? – |
[04:40] | – Yes. – Can you hold it? | 对 – 能忍一会儿吗? |
[04:41] | No, mom, this is serious. I have to pee… | 妈 我忍不了 |
[04:43] | – Honey, just hold it. – And I… I can’t… | 我要嘘嘘… – 儿子 |
[04:45] | Just for a little while… | 忍一下 – |
[04:46] | – I’m gonna go here. – You know what we can do? | 我忍不了… – 就一小会儿… |
[04:48] | We can go to the Lessings’ house. | – 咋忍啊 |
[04:49] | They’re right around the corner. | – 我去路边解决 – |
[04:51] | Just take it… Take it down. | 不然这样吧? 咱去Lessing家借厕所 就在街角那里 |
[04:52] | [Doorbell ringing] Hello. I need to pee! | 就… 再忍一下下 – 你好 我要嘘嘘! – 抱歉 冒昧打扰你 – 我俩出来散步… – 我要嘘嘘! – 可他想上厕所了 – 伦家要嘘嘘啦! – 要在平常 完全没问题 – 我要尿裤子啦! – 客用厕所正在装修 – 挺好啊 – 我要嘘嘘 – 啥时候的事儿? – 就最近这几天啦 我去原来那间 – Max 别… – 真没礼貌! 抱歉 走着走着他就… Gaby好! Noel好! Gaby在你家? 校/轴: 疯子 |
[04:54] | Hi! I’m so sorry to barge in on you like this. | |
[04:56] | – We were out for a walk… – I need to pee! | |
[04:58] | And he needs to use the bathroom. | |
[04:59] | You know, I would say normally that would be fine, | |
[05:01] | except the guest bathroom is being remodeled. | |
[05:04] | Oh, that’s wonderful. | |
[05:06] | – When did that happen? – Yeah, recently. | |
[05:07] | You know, I can use the old bathroom. | |
[05:09] | – Max, please… – Manners! | |
[05:11] | My gosh, I’m sorry. It’s just we were out walking… | |
[05:13] | Hey, Gaby! Hey, Noel! | |
[05:16] | Did he just say Gaby? | |
[05:19] | – Yes. – You didn’t… | |
[05:26] | ♪ May God bless and keep you always ♪ | |
[05:28] | ♪ and may your wishes all come true ♪ | |
[05:31] | ♪ may you always do for others ♪ | |
[05:33] | ♪ and let others do for you ♪ | |
[05:36] | ♪ may you build a ladder to the stars ♪ | |
[05:38] | ♪ and climb on every rung ♪ | |
[05:40] | ♪ and may you stay ♪ | |
[05:42] | ♪ forever young ♪ | |
[05:45] | ♪ may you grow up to be righteous ♪ | |
[05:48] | ♪ may you grow up to be true ♪ | |
[05:50] | ♪ may you always know the truth ♪ | |
[05:53] | ♪ and see the lights surrounding you ♪ | |
[05:55] | ♪ may you always be courageous ♪ | |
[05:57] | ♪ stand upright and be strong ♪ | |
[06:00] | ♪ and may you stay ♪ | |
[06:02] | ♪ forever young ♪ | |
[06:04] | ♪ may you stay ♪ | |
[06:07] | ♪ forever young ♪ | |
[06:13] | So maybe one of you guys can explain to me what’s going on right now, | 谁能给我解释下 这到底是咋回事 我完全糊涂了 – 你在辅导Noel? – 对啊 – 我本想告诉你的 – 啥? 你没告诉她? – 告诉我啥啊? – Noel需要帮助 |
[06:16] | because I’m totally confused. | |
[06:17] | So you’re working with Noel? | |
[06:19] | – I was going to tell you. – What? You didn’t tell her? | |
[06:21] | – Tell me what? – Noel really needed somebody. | |
[06:23] | He was having really bad problems in school. | – 他在学校表现得很不好 – 是吗? 我是你好友诶 |
[06:25] | I’m your best friend. You could have called me | – 你该打电话告诉我的 |
[06:27] | – and told me what’s going on. – Kristina, I’m sorry. | – Kristina 对不起 |
[06:29] | – I thought you knew. – No, I knew nothing, okay? | – 我以为你知道 – 我啥都不知道 |
[06:31] | You have no idea what Max is going through right now. | Max现在所经历的 你绝对无法想象 |
[06:33] | I understand you’re upset, but Suze needed help fast. | 你很生气 这我理解 但Suze真的急需帮助 |
[06:36] | What about Max? You left us high and dry, Gaby. | 那Max呢? |
[06:38] | He just found out that he has Asperger’s | 你就这样弃他于不顾 |
[06:40] | because of what you and Crosby did. | 因为你和Crosby的事 |
[06:42] | We have a meeting tonight at school | 他知道了自己的病 |
[06:43] | where he’s probably gonna get kicked out. | 下午学校要咱过去 没准儿要开除他呢 |
[06:44] | We have no idea what to do about it. | 咱也需要帮助 你就这样… |
[06:46] | – You just left… – What happened? | – 到底出了啥事? |
[06:47] | I don’t know what happened, because he won’t tell me, okay? | – 不知道 他也不说 |
[06:49] | – Max, honey, let’s go. – Coming! | – 儿子 咱们走 |
[06:51] | – I’m sorry. – Let’s go, buddy. | – 这就来! |
[06:52] | I hope my brother-in-law was worth it, | – 对不起 – |
[06:54] | because he’s not the only one you screwed here. | 要走了 希望Crosby值得你这样 受伤的可不止他一个 |
[06:58] | See ya around. | 再见了 |
[06:59] | – Kristina… – Good luck on the remodel. | – 祝装修顺利 |
[07:03] | This is really nice. I mean… | 真不赖啊 |
[07:05] | You’re so successful. | 你好厉害 像个真正的成功人士 |
[07:07] | You’re like a real successful woman. | 大家干啥总把Adam舅舅挂在嘴边? |
[07:09] | [Laughs] Well… | – 他不就一卖鞋的嘛 |
[07:11] | – Why does everybody always talk about Uncle Adam? | |
[07:13] | He’s just, like, shoes only. | 这话下回当他面说 谢谢你给我实习的机会 |
[07:15] | Please tell him that. | 这可… |
[07:17] | Oh, also I just wanted to say, uh, thank you for this job. | 帮上不少忙 虽然不是啥重要的工作 |
[07:21] | It’s…Really, really, really helpful. | – 但好歹是个不错的经历 |
[07:23] | – I know it’s not brain surgery or anything, | |
[07:26] | but it’s good, you know, it’s good experience. | 这样就很好了 |
[07:29] | And it’s really gonna help out with the money for college. | 还能帮我挣点大学学费 |
[07:31] | – Have you heard anything? – No. | – 有消息了? – |
[07:34] | – It’s really stressful. – I understand. | 还没 – 太折磨人了 |
[07:36] | It is brutal, but hang in there. | – 我明白 很残酷 |
[07:38] | – It’s worth it. – Yeah. | 但要坚持住 – 会有回报的 |
[07:40] | [Knock at door] Knock, knock. | – 嗯 – |
[07:42] | – Anybody home? – Come on in. | 打扰咯 – 进来吧 |
[07:44] | This is my niece Amber. Say hello to Gary. | 我外甥女Amber 这是Gary |
[07:47] | She’s gonna be a runner here starting today. | 今天开始她负责文书工作 |
[07:48] | So, uh, are you in law school or… | 你在读法学院… |
[07:51] | Do I look like I’m in law school? | 看起来像吗? |
[07:54] | Little bit, yeah. | 有点儿吧 可能是有点儿 |
[07:55] | Oh. Yeah. Guess I do. | 我还没进法学院呢 |
[07:58] | No, I’m not. I’m not in law school, uh, yet. | 没准儿以后吧 也不一定 |
[08:00] | I don’t know. Maybe later. I don’t know. | 这是你的车钥匙 |
[08:03] | Okay. Well, here are your car keys. | 洗好了 打了蜡 |
[08:05] | I, uh, washed and waxed it, put it back in its spot. | 停在原来的位置 |
[08:08] | I also took care of that body in the trunk. | 后备箱的尸体我也帮你处理掉了 – |
[08:10] | – Uh-huh. Thank you. – Thank you. | 谢了 |
[08:11] | – Get out. – Yes. It’s lovely meeting you. | – 客气 |
[08:13] | Try not to screw anything up on your first day. | 去忙吧 |
[08:15] | Funny. | 见到你很高兴 第一天当班别搞砸哦 |
[08:16] | [Phone ringing] | 乌鸦嘴 |
[08:18] | – Your husband on line one. – Good. Hi, babe. | – 你先生来电 1号线 – 好的 老公 你好啊 老婆 我要疯了 我没法对着杯子打手枪 我… 老公 很抱歉 我开了免提 Amber也在… 是吗? – 好呀 – 好啊 – 我先闪了 – 好 到底咋回事? – 老婆 我做不来 – 为啥? 这叫我咋开始啊 这间屋子冷得要命 我傻坐着 听着轻音乐 门外人来人往的 给了我一堆80年代的<花花公子> 让我完事了叫他们 – 老婆 �逅廊肆� – 抱歉 抱歉 你要我咋办? |
[08:20] | Julia, this is insane. I can’t masturbate into a cup. | |
[08:24] | Uh, I’m… babe, I’m so sorry. | |
[08:26] | I actually have you on speaker, | |
[08:28] | and Amber is here… | |
[08:30] | – She’s there? – Hey… | |
[08:32] | Hey! | |
[08:34] | – | – How are you? – I’m gonna go. – Okay. So…What’s happening? – I can’t do this, honey. – Why not? |
[08:42] | How I don’t even know where to start. I mean, this room is freezing. I’m sitting here. They’re playing muzak. People are walking by, and they brought this stack of Playboys from the 1980s | |
[08:52] | are and told me to give them a call when I’m finished. – It is so weird, honey. – I’m sorry. Well…I mean, what do you want me to do? | |
[08:57] | you? [Stammers] Do you need my help? | |
[09:00] | What do you mean? | 要我帮忙吗? |
[09:02] | – You know, I mean, like… | |
[09:04] | Phone sex. | 咋个帮法? – |
[09:05] | [Muzak playing] | 我是说… 激情语聊啊 |
[09:07] | You know how to do that? | 你会这个? 差不多吧 |
[09:08] | – Well, yeah, I don’t know. | |
[09:11] | Um… | 好 等下 |
[09:14] | – Okay, give me a second. – Yeah, hold on. | – 好 |
[09:16] | Hang on. Yeah. | 等等 等下 |
[09:18] | Yep. Okay. | 好了 就好 |
[09:21] | I… | 来吧 |
[09:25] | I…Wanna… | 我… 我想要… |
[09:27] | I wanna… okay. | 我想要… |
[09:29] | Good luck. Thanks. | 祝你好运 谢啦 |
[09:33] | We wanted to discuss with you Max’s academic performance. | 我们想谈谈Max的学习 |
[09:36] | Yeah. What’s going on? Is he falling behind? | 有什么问题? |
[09:39] | If he is falling behind, | 他成绩落后了? |
[09:40] | – we just talked to him about his diagnosis, | |
[09:43] | so that could be the reason why. | 可能是他刚知道了自己的病 |
[09:44] | – He may be a little distracted. | |
[09:46] | Well, actually… It’s just the opposite. | 有点儿受影响 |
[09:48] | He is doing remarkably well, | 实际上… |
[09:50] | particularly in math and science. | 恰恰相反 |
[09:51] | Really? | 他的成绩相当棒 尤其是数学和科学两门课 |
[09:53] | That’s why we wanted to talk to you. | 真的啊? |
[09:54] | We wanted to let you know that we’re on top of it, | 这也是找你们来的原因 |
[09:56] | and we’re looking for ways to keep Max challenged | 学校会处理好这个事情 |
[09:58] | in the classroom | 会尽量想办法为他 |
[10:00] | so it doesn’t become an issue going forward. | 安排有挑战的课程 |
[10:02] | All right. | 保证不拖他后腿 |
[10:03] | – Hmm. – [Laughs] | 好的 – |
[10:05] | Wow. | 有问题吗? – |
[10:06] | – Something wrong? – No. | 没有 – |
[10:07] | – I just wasn’t expecting this. – Yeah, we… I… | 太出乎意料了 – 对 |
[10:10] | Well, you know what? This is good news. | 我们… – |
[10:12] | Absolutely. We wanted to have this conversation. | 终归是好消息啊 – |
[10:14] | You know, in case you wanna bring Max back, | 当然了 学校主要是怕你们 不打算再送他过来 |
[10:16] | we always have a running start. | 总要未雨绸缪嘛 |
[10:18] | Wait. I don’t understand. Why wouldn’t we… | 等下 |
[10:20] | Wanna have Max come back? | 我有点儿糊涂 为什么不送他过来? |
[10:21] | Max has definitely benefited from the program that we have | Max从我们开设的 |
[10:24] | at footpath socially. | 培训课程中获益良多 |
[10:25] | – Mm-hmm. – And the last thing we wanna do | 我们也不想失去 |
[10:27] | is talk ourselves out of having a fine family such as yours as part of our community. | 像你们这样美好的家庭 |
[10:31] | However, you need to decide if Max would be better off | 但你们该为他考虑 |
[10:34] | at a school where he would meet his full potential | 是否有必要选一所 |
[10:37] | socially and academically. | 德智体美劳全面发展的学校 |
[10:44] | – [Door slams] | |
[10:45] | Oh…Hi! | 今天咋样? |
[10:47] | – | – Hi. – How was it? |
[10:49] | Well, you know, it was fine. | 嗯 还行吧 |
[10:51] | It was a lot of, you know, filing and busywork. | – 写备案 跑腿 |
[10:54] | Did you memo anything or fax anybody? | 忙啊 – 给谁发传真了吗? |
[10:58] | No, there’s no faxes anymore because it’s not 1990. | 没 传真都是多少年前的东西了 |
[11:01] | Oh, they still have faxes, okay? | – 还有传真机的好吧? |
[11:03] | I don’t think so. Oh, my feet hurt. | – 有才怪 我脚酸死了 |
[11:06] | What’s going on? Why are you… | – 咋了? |
[11:09] | You’ve got mail. | 你为啥… – 有你的信哦 |
[11:15] | – What? – Great. | – 咋了? |
[11:16] | Look how skinny it is, okay? | – 这下好了 看它多薄? |
[11:19] | You don’t know what that’s gonna say. | 你咋知道信上说啥 |
[11:21] | Let’s see. | 让我看看 |
[11:25] | “I deeply regret that we’re unable to…” | “深感抱歉 我们无法…” |
[11:28] | – No way! – Yeah. Duh. | – 不是吧! – 看吧 |
[11:29] | Oh, honey, I’m so sorry. | 丫头 我很抱歉 |
[11:31] | – God, I really thought… – That was my safety school. | – 天啊 我真以为… – 这是我的保底学校 |
[11:35] | I only applied one other place. | 我一共就申请了2所学校 |
[11:36] | I should have applied more places. | – 该多申请几所的 |
[11:38] | Well, I mean, look… | – 听我说啊… |
[11:42] | You only picked one safety school | 你之所以这样做 |
[11:44] | because the whole Berkeley thing… | 因为伯克利大学会… |
[11:46] | I know, Berkeley. I get it, mom. | – 妈 又来了 |
[11:48] | No, I’m just saying, it’s… you know… | 我懂了 – 不 我只是说… |
[11:51] | With the great interview, your relationship with Carly… | 你和Carly的面试很顺利 有这一层关系 |
[11:53] | That’s why you only applied one other place. | 所以 你才没申请其他学校 |
[11:56] | – Mom… – I’m just saying, you… | – 妈… – 我说说而已 |
[11:57] | It’s just really stressful and a lot of pressure, okay? | – 我很紧张 鸭梨很大 懂吗? – 你要保持乐观的态度嘛 |
[11:59] | – Okay. Don’t feel pressure. – Well, I do. | – 你要淡定 – 我没法淡定 |
[12:01] | I’m just telling you it’s gonna be fine. | – 会被录取的 |
[12:02] | Okay. Thank you, I appreciate it. | – 借您吉言 |
[12:09] | This would be a good one. Halloween. | 这个应该不错 万圣节 |
[12:13] | I’m Evel Knievel. Who are you? | 我是克尼维尔 70年代叱咤一时的 世界头号飞车超人 我是绝地武士 (星球大战中的人物) |
[12:14] | You’re a guy in pajamas? | 你呢? |
[12:15] | I’m Jedi. | 穿睡衣的男孩? |
[12:17] | I like that one. We should probably… | 我喜欢这张… |
[12:18] | – Oh, this one’s good too. – Oh, bingo! | – 这张也不错 – 对啦! |
[12:21] | – Here we go. – No. | 找到咯 |
[12:23] | No? Okay. | – 不行 – 好吧 |
[12:24] | Remember the Japanese gardens? | – 记得这个日式花园吗? |
[12:26] | The goldfish were cool. | – 那儿的金鱼很酷的哦 |
[12:27] | – Yeah. – Maybe. | – 是啊 – 我考虑下 |
[12:28] | Or remember when we ate your face? | 记得啃你的这张吗? |
[12:30] | – Mm. – You don’t remember that? | 不记得? |
[12:32] | How ’bout this? | 这张咋样? |
[12:34] | Family jam session. | 家庭即兴演奏会 |
[12:35] | I was playing the piano, and you were what? | 我在弹钢琴 你呢? – |
[12:37] | – I was playing the bongos. – Yeah. | 我在敲手鼓 – 对 |
[12:40] | Then your mom was singing and dancing. | 你妈咪在一边载歌载舞 |
[12:42] | That was a lot of fun, wasn’t it? | 当时很开心 对吧? |
[12:44] | Yep. | 对啊 |
[12:45] | Maybe you should put that on your list. | 把这个加上去吧 |
[12:47] | You know what? That’s a good idea. | 好主意 |
[12:49] | Yeah. Playing music… With mom and dad. | 米错 “和爸妈一起玩音乐” |
[12:55] | She’s got a gift, I think, for languages. | 她很有写作天赋 |
[12:57] | – She’s got a… – Hi. | 她… |
[12:58] | – It’s amazing stuff. – Honey, quick. | – 写的不错 – 女儿 进来 |
[13:01] | Get the hell in here. I want you to meet somebody. | 快来啊 给你介绍个人 |
[13:03] | – Hi. – I’ve been hearing only | 你爸喋喋不休地夸了你一天啦 – |
[13:05] | extraordinary Sarah tales all day. | 谢谢 – |
[13:07] | – Oh, thanks. – This is Gilliam T. Blount. | 这是Gilliam T. Blount |
[13:10] | Oh. Having some… Martinis, are ya? | 在喝酒吗? |
[13:13] | We’re not… We’re just having a good time. | 没有 叙叙旧而已 |
[13:14] | Yeah. Gin is timeless. | 松子酒可经典了 |
[13:16] | Gilliam and I served in the war together, | 我和Gilliam一起打过仗 |
[13:19] | and he happened to have produced | 而且 他还在越南西贡市 监制了<推销员之死> |
[13:21] | the fine Death of a Salesman in Saigon. | 亚瑟-米勒的代表剧作 批判美国梦的物质主义 |
[13:24] | It would have knocked your socks off. | 绝对让你拍案叫绝 20世纪话剧的里程碑 获奖无数 |
[13:26] | Wow. You’re in the theater? | 你在剧院工作? |
[13:28] | And…He played the greatest biff you ever saw. | 他可是把Biff演的入木三分 |
[13:32] | – I should have been Willy. – Oh, give it up. | – 本来该演Willy的 – 真是还不死心啊 剧中主角 Biff是其儿子 |
[13:34] | Well, very nice to meet you. | 幸会 幸会 |
[13:36] | Sweetheart, uh, you don’t know this, | 闺女 |
[13:38] | but you are standing in the presence of greatness. | 你见到的可是一位巨星 |
[13:42] | Gilliam T. Blount, if I may, | 大名鼎鼎的Gilliam T. Blount |
[13:45] | happens to be one of the finest Broadway producers | 是百老汇有史以来 |
[13:47] | to ever come along the pike. | 最棒的制作人之一 |
[13:49] | – Oh! – And guess what. | 你要知道 |
[13:51] | He has agreed… To read your play. | 他愿意… 看看你的剧本哦 |
[13:54] | No. Oh, God, that’s such a compliment. | 不 |
[13:57] | That’s amazing, but, dad, no. | 承蒙您的厚爱 这太棒了 |
[13:58] | Nobody’s supposed to read it yet. | 爸 不要 现在还不是时候 我都还没写完呢 |
[13:59] | It’s not ready. | It’s not ready. |
[14:01] | – We made copies. – I don’t want… | – 我都复印好了 – 我不想… |
[14:03] | They all say that. They all say that. | 所有人都爱这样说 |
[14:05] | I’m new at this, | 我是个新手 |
[14:07] | and there is some very personal stuff in there | 里面涉及到很多隐私 |
[14:08] | that I want to take out. | 我还没来得及删掉呢 |
[14:10] | You were gonna take out the personal stuff? | 你想删掉? |
[14:13] | What were you gonna leave, the shallow stuff? | 那你想保留什么? 肤浅的废话? |
[14:15] | Do you wanna be a writer? | – 你想当作家吗? |
[14:17] | – Yes. – Yeah, she does. | – 想啊 |
[14:19] | – Dad! – Do you wanna be a writer? | – 没错 – 爸! |
[14:22] | – Hmm? – Yes. | – 真想吗? – 想啊 |
[14:24] | You afraid of hurting somebody? | 你怕伤害到别人? |
[14:25] | – She’s willing to hurt people. – Dad! | – 她蛇蝎心肠 – 爸! |
[14:27] | Sarah, this is obviously about your family. | Sarah 很明显 剧里有你家人的影子 |
[14:29] | I’m asking you | 你是不是怕伤害他们的感情? |
[14:30] | are you afraid of hurting their feelings? | |
[14:34] | – Yes. – Yeah. | – 是 – 好 |
[14:36] | Your father saved my life | 你爸打仗时救过我的命 |
[14:38] | in the Vietnam war. | |
[14:40] | And even before I stopped resenting him for it, | 在此之前我还对他看不顺眼 |
[14:43] | I realized that I owed him a lot. | 我觉得自己欠他很多 |
[14:47] | I will…Leave here | 我会带走剧本 |
[14:50] | and I will read your material. | 仔细看的 |
[14:52] | – Ohh… – And I will tell you the brutal | 不管写得如何 |
[14:55] | or celebratory truth. | 我都会如实相告 |
[14:57] | [Sighs] I don’t know what to… | 真不知道该… |
[15:00] | I think the word you’re struggling for | 你绞尽脑汁在寻找的词应该是… – |
[15:03] | is…Thank you. | 谢谢 – |
[15:07] | – Thank you. – Yeah! | 谢谢 太好了! |
[15:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[15:17] | Hey honey. | 老公 |
[15:19] | You really wanna move Max to mainstream? | 你真想把儿子转到普通学校? |
[15:21] | [Toothbrush clatters] | |
[15:24] | Yes. | |
[15:26] | We’ve done the whole mainstream thing, and it sucked. | 对 咱试过了 |
[15:28] | – Remember how badly it sucked? – Kristina, he’s been growing | 结果很不好 你都忘了? |
[15:31] | by leaps and bounds. | 老婆 他的进步可谓突飞猛进 |
[15:33] | He’s, you know, behaving better, he’s better socially. | 听话了许多 懂得和别人相处了 |
[15:35] | I think that he can handle going mainstream. | 我觉得他能应付得来 |
[15:36] | Handle it? | 应付? |
[15:38] | I don’t want him to have to handle anything. | 我不想让他面对这些 |
[15:39] | I want him to flourish and grow and be good where he is, | 我希望他健康无忧就好 |
[15:43] | and he is right now at footpath. | 他现在就很好啊 |
[15:44] | I feel like you’re saying that maintaining these social skills | 你觉得掌握社交礼仪 |
[15:47] | is more important than having him be challenged academically. | 比挖掘他的学习潜力更重要? |
[15:49] | I think it’s both. | 两者都很重要 |
[15:51] | I think that you have this idea | 你是不是觉得普通学校 |
[15:53] | that mainstreaming is some magical cure, | |
[15:55] | – and it’s not, Adam. – No, I don’t. | – 是啥灵丹妙药 – 我没那么想 |
[15:56] | – Yes, you do. – No, I don’t. | – 你就有 – 我没有 |
[15:58] | Yes, you do. He’s doing so great. | 有有有 |
[15:59] | They said so. If they wanna give him | 他现在很好啊 校长都说了 |
[16:01] | more work to challenge him, they can. | 学校也会 |
[16:03] | There’s no reason to rock the boat. | 在课程方面进行调整 没理由转学啊 |
[16:04] | Okay. I hear you, and I get your point, okay? | 我明白你的意思了 |
[16:07] | But can we agree to talk about this some more later? | – 晚点再商量下? |
[16:10] | – Okay. – Fair? | – 行 |
[16:11] | – Yeah, that’s fair. – Okay. | – 同意? |
[16:13] | – Okay. – All right. | 好的 – |
[16:20] | [Cell phone chimes] | 好的 那好 |
[16:28] | Hey, Amber, it’s Carly Barow. | Amber 我是Carly Barow |
[16:31] | I spoke to the Dean of admissions at Berkeley. | 我和伯克利的招生主任谈过了 |
[16:34] | So, um, give me a call when you have a chance. | 有时间的话 |
[16:36] | Thanks, sweetie. [Hangs up] | 回电给我 |
[16:42] | If you’re ordering pizza, I like mushroom. | 亲爱的 |
[16:45] | That’s not very funny. | 谢谢 点披萨的话 |
[16:48] | Gary. | 我要吃蘑菇口味的 好冷哦 |
[16:50] | – Gary. – You’re Gary. | – 你叫Gary吧 – 米错 |
[16:51] | – I knew it. – Mm-hmm. | – Gary 我记得 |
[16:52] | I was just kidding. | – 对啦 刚逗你呢 |
[16:54] | So, uh, a few of us are going for happy hour a little later | 等下几个朋友要去吃饭 |
[16:56] | if you’re interested. | 你一起来吧? – |
[16:58] | – Really. – Yeah, you know, no big deal. | 我? – 是啊 |
[16:59] | Just grab a few beers, hang out, whatnot. | 喝点酒 聊聊天啥的 |
[17:03] | – | – Casual? – Yeah. |
[17:05] | Uh…Lt sounds fun, | 没其他意思? |
[17:07] | – but I…I can’t. | |
[17:09] | Aha. Oh, you know what? | 没啊 听起来不错 |
[17:11] | I get it. | 但我不能去 我算是明白了 |
[17:12] | – You’re one of the upstairs people… | |
[17:14] | Actually, I just, um… | 你是高高在上的白领 – |
[17:16] | I have some stuff that I have to do. | 其实 我还有工作要做 |
[17:17] | But I would love to take a rain check. | 要不改天吧 |
[17:20] | Well, I will hold you to a rain check. | 你欠我个约会哦 |
[17:23] | – Okay. – All right. Have a good night. | – 好 – 晚安 |
[17:26] | Bye. | 瘪瘪 |
[17:30] | Are you sure you’re okay to drive? | – 你确定可以开车? |
[17:32] | Oh, yeah. | – 没问题 |
[17:33] | – I mean, this is a… A big piece of iron here. | |
[17:35] | I’m very careful. | 这可是一个大家伙 – |
[17:36] | Tiny country roads. | 我很小心的 乡间小路可不宽敞 |
[17:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢了 |
[17:46] | – Sarah. – Yes. | – 在呢 |
[17:49] | When you investigate me on the worldwide web… | 你去网上百度我时 |
[17:52] | Which I would do if I were you… | 换了我肯定要去查查 |
[17:54] | You’re gonna come across some oddities or two. | 你可能会发现一些怪现象 |
[17:57] | Try not to do what other people do so easily nowadays | 别跟其他人一样妄下断论 |
[18:00] | and…Don’t prematurely compartmentalize me. | 也别把我划为某类人 |
[18:09] | – I won’t if you won’t. | |
[18:11] | [Chuckles] | 彼此彼此 |
[18:13] | – Ya got it. | |
[18:16] | Ah! | 必须的 |
[18:19] | [Engine turns] That’s a mailbox. Watch the mailbox. | 小心那个邮箱 |
[18:32] | – Dad. – Huh? | – 爸 – 咋了? |
[18:33] | What did he mean… oddities? | 他说怪事指啥? |
[18:35] | Oddities? | |
[18:36] | Well, there’s a ten-year period of time, | 怪事? 有这么一个10年的怪谈 |
[18:38] | and it’s kind of a mystery. | 那期间他做了啥是个谜 爸 |
[18:40] | Dad, who is this guy? Who did you give my play to? | 他到底是谁啊? 你干啥给他我的剧本 |
[18:45] | Remember when we were in New York | 记得在纽约的时候吗? |
[18:47] | – and remember at Halloween? – Mm-hmm. | 还有万圣节那次? |
[18:48] | And this is from the football game | 这张是橄榄球赛 |
[18:49] | when you scored all those touchdowns. | 所有的触底得分都是你拿的 |
[18:51] | I didn’t score that many. | 我没那么厉害吧 |
[18:53] | Uh-huh! Daddy said you were the star. | 爸爸说你就是球星 |
[18:56] | Ha! He did, did he? | 是吗? |
[18:57] | Yeah. Oh, and this one. | 对呀 |
[18:59] | Daddy said to ask you what song he was playing. | 还有这一张 爸爸让我问你他在弹啥 |
[19:02] | He said it was your favorite. | 他说这首歌是你的最爱 这首歌是… |
[19:05] | ||
[19:06] | It’s Kansas City and… It’s actually not my favorite. | 不是我的最爱 被众多明星演绎 |
[19:10] | It’s grandma Renee’s favorite. | 最出名的版本属于Wilbert Harrison |
[19:11] | But I think that’s why he learned it. | 这是外婆的最爱 登上当年的Billboard 他学是想讨外婆开心吧 |
[19:18] | Hey, I got an idea. | 我有个主意 |
[19:19] | All this is great, and I love everything. | 这些都很好看 |
[19:22] | But how ’bout we add | 我也非常喜欢 |
[19:24] | some things that you and I like to do together. | 要不找一点母子秀放上去 |
[19:26] | Like… | 嗯… |
[19:28] | Watching television. | 看电视? |
[19:31] | Mm. That’s good. | 是不错 |
[19:32] | But I was kind of thinking more like… | 但妈咪的意思是… |
[19:35] | When we roast the marshmallows in the fireplace | 野炊一起做千层棉花糖的照片啊 – |
[19:37] | and make s’mores. | 对 米错 |
[19:38] | – Oh, yeah, that’s good. – Remember that? Yeah. | – 记得吧? |
[19:41] | Let’s do that. | 就这么干 |
[19:45] | When’s daddy’s boat gonna be fixed? | 老爸的船屋啥时能修好? |
[19:48] | I don’t know, sweetie. Why? | 不知道 |
[19:51] | I want him to live here again. | 咋了? |
[19:53] | We haven’t played nerf wars in a long time. | 我想让他回来住 |
[19:56] | ♪ I’ll never be like that ♪ ♪ I’ll never be the one I was in life ♪ | 都好久没一块儿打电游了 |
[20:01] | How do you spell s’mores? | “千层棉花糖”怎么写? |
[20:04] | ♪ I was in life ♪ | |
[20:18] | [Line ringing] | |
[20:21] | Hello? | |
[20:23] | Hey, Carly, it’s Amber. | 喂? |
[20:25] | I’m just, uh, returning your call. | Carly 你好 |
[20:27] | I got your message. | 我是Amber |
[20:28] | I was calling to let you know | 你让我打给你的 我收到你的留言了 |
[20:29] | that I spoke to the Dean of admissions today, | 我是想告诉你 |
[20:31] | and I’m afraid it’s not good news. | 我和招生主任谈过了 |
[20:34] | You didn’t get in. | 恐怕没啥好消息 |
[20:36] | I’m sorry, honey. | 你没被录取 很抱歉 |
[20:38] | Oh. Okay. | 喔 |
[20:40] | The letters don’t actually go out till the end of the week, | 通知函周末才能发出去 |
[20:44] | but if it was me, I figured I’d wanna know, | 我想还是别让你干等了 |
[20:46] | so I called. | 就给你打了电话 |
[20:47] | I hope that was okay. | 希望你别介意 |
[20:48] | Yeah. I’m… I appreciate it. Thanks. | 不会 |
[20:50] | Listen, Amber, you are a terrific young girl, | 我很感激 谢谢 |
[20:53] | and you’re gonna have so many opportunities. | Amber 你是个聪明伶俐的姑娘 |
[20:55] | – Trust me. – Okay. | 还会有其他学校适合你的 |
[20:57] | Thank you. I appreciate it. | – 相信我 – 好的 万分感谢 到家了 |
[21:14] | No, Syd, don’t just drop your bag. | 丫头 |
[21:15] | Take it upstairs in your room, honey. | 书包就乱丢啊 拿回自己的房间去 |
[21:17] | Not a hotel. [Ringing] | – 这儿又不是酒店 |
[21:19] | [Whining] Oh…Let’s so far. | – 伦家走不动了 |
[21:20] | Hello. Uh-huh. | 喂 |
[21:23] | Uh-huh. | |
[21:27] | [Exhales] Awesome. | |
[21:29] | Awesome. Thank you so much. | 太好了 非常感谢 |
[21:32] | Yeah, baby! My boys can swim! | 我就说吧! 我的鱼儿可会游了! |
[21:35] | – Whoo! – Swim? | 游? |
[21:36] | – Are we getting fish? – Uh, no, no, honey. | – 真要养鱼啦? – 捣蛋鬼 不是 |
[21:39] | Daddy just, uh, did really well on a test. | 老爸在一项测试中拿了高分 |
[21:41] | So when are we getting the aquarium? | 那啥时候买水族箱? |
[21:43] | Uh, you know, I don’t… I’m not sure… | 这个… |
[21:45] | Can I just… | 我也不确定 |
[21:46] | I’m gonna call your mom real quick. | 我要给你妈妈打个电话 |
[21:48] | Can you…Go over… | 你… |
[21:50] | Thank you. | 一边去玩吧 真乖 |
[21:52] | Great news! | 好消息! |
[21:54] | See…I don’t understand. | 你看 不找到啊 |
[21:56] | I distinctly remember doing inherit the wind | 我记得70年代末 皇家剧院 |
[21:57] | at the Royale in the late ’70s. | 他监制过<向上帝挑战>啊 根据1925年真实事件改编 1957年第一次登上百老汇的舞台 |
[22:00] | Dad, this is the late ’70s, the way you’re looking this up. | 爸 这就是70年代末 要向上找 |
[22:02] | Don’t do it by the play. Just do this. | – 别按剧来搜 |
[22:04] | Well, here, you sit down and do it, then. | 应该这样 – |
[22:07] | Um, just put his name in. | 你来 你来 输入他的名字 |
[22:12] | – There ya go. – Well, that’s him. | – 有啦 – 对啦 |
[22:14] | – Yes. That’s him. – That’s our guy. | 是他了 找到了 |
[22:17] | 1948, Ithaca, New York. | 1948年 |
[22:19] | Um… | 纽约Ithaca 康奈尔大学所在地 |
[22:20] | His credits. He did… | 他参与制作的剧目… |
[22:23] | Prisoner of second Avenue. | <能屈能伸大丈夫> 1971年在百老汇演出 获托尼奖最佳戏剧提名 |
[22:24] | Dad, there’s a lot of Broadway. | 爸 他参与了好多百老汇剧目哦 |
[22:26] | – That’s what I was telling you. – That’s really cool! | – 不都告诉你了 – 真是太酷了! |
[22:28] | Look, championship season… | 看 <冠军赛> 1972年被搬上百老汇 曾获普利策戏剧奖 托尼奖 |
[22:30] | No, that’s in the ’70s, dad. Look in the ’80s. | 爸 这还是70年的 看看80年代 |
[22:33] | It’s… Pickle juice. What is that? | <泡菜汁> 啥鬼玩意儿? |
[22:35] | It’s off-Broadway, but it’s still legit. | 不是百老汇 但也是正统剧院啊 |
[22:38] | – The…Old globe theater. – Pretty good, huh? | 老环球剧院 位于加州圣迭戈市巴博亚公园 |
[22:40] | Nothing since 2000. | 2000年之后就啥也没了 |
[22:42] | – Dad, nothing since 2000. – Yeah. | – 爸 他好久没制作剧了 |
[22:44] | I’ll say he took some time off there. | – 是啊 是啊 可能是休整吧 |
[22:46] | He directed some great stuff and produced some great stuff, | 他指导制作了那么多经典的剧目 |
[22:49] | and he wants to read my thing. | 现在还愿意看我写的东西 |
[22:51] | It’s not a thing, honey. It’s a… it’s a play. | 闺女 那不叫东西 那是剧本 |
[22:54] | Dad, it’s an incomplete play and… | 爸 我都还没写完… |
[22:56] | Look, Sarah, Gilliam T. Blount | 丫头 |
[22:59] | is going to make a comeback, | 我的老伙伴会杀回百老汇的 |
[23:01] | and he’s going to make a comeback producing | 他会用我女儿的剧本 |
[23:03] | and maybe directing Sarah Tracy Braverman’s play | 打个漂亮的翻身仗的 |
[23:07] | featuring Zeek Braverman in the role of Barry. | Barry的角色是我的哦 |
[23:10] | See you. | 回见 |
[23:11] | What? | 啥? |
[23:12] | Uh, never mind. Just a thought. | 啥? |
[23:14] | Just a thought, honey. | 没啥 随便一说 |
[23:16] | [Laughing] Oh, my God. | 天哟 |
[23:26] | Hey. | |
[23:32] | Hey… | |
[23:33] | How ’bout that rain check? | 我欠你一个约会吧? |
[23:47] | – Hi! – Bingo… hey. | 找到啦! |
[23:49] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干啥? |
[23:51] | – Raiding mom’s photo stash. – For what? | – 翻箱倒柜找照片呀 – 干啥? |
[23:53] | Well, it’s all about Jabbar week at school, | 这周儿子学校有活动 |
[23:56] | so I’m trying to get some fun-time family memories. | – 我想找些温馨的家庭照 |
[23:58] | All about Jabbar week? | – Jabbar是本周之星? |
[24:00] | – That’s awesome. – It’s a celebration of Jabbar. | – 真棒啊 |
[24:03] | – Mm-hmm. – At school. | – 为他庆祝下 |
[24:04] | And Jasmine and I go, | 我要和Jasmine一起去学校 |
[24:06] | and, you know… | 他要制作一张照片拼板 |
[24:08] | He makes like a little collage of photos. Remember this? | 记得吗? |
[24:12] | – Yeah. – The touchdown | – 记得 |
[24:13] | at the Turkey bowl? | – 火鸡碗球赛 |
[24:16] | That’s pretty nice. | 非常漂亮 |
[24:20] | Are you kinda hoping these family memories | 你希望这些照片 |
[24:23] | make Jasmine… Remember the good times | 能唤起Jasmine的美好回忆 |
[24:26] | to try to win her back? | 能帮你挽回这段感情? |
[24:28] | Is it that obvious? | 这么明显啊? |
[24:30] | It is. | 是哇 |
[24:32] | I don’t know what else to do. | 不知道还能咋做 |
[24:39] | I think… | 我想… |
[24:41] | It’s definitely gonna work. | 这一招一定管用 |
[24:45] | – I think it’s totally gonna work. | |
[24:47] | Thank you. | 一定会奏效的 – |
[24:48] | Let’s find some good ones. | 谢谢 我帮你一起找吧 |
[25:09] | Hey, honey. | – 老婆 |
[25:10] | Hi, honey. | – 老公 |
[25:11] | So glad there’s food. I’m starving. | 还有吃的真好 我要饿死了 |
[25:13] | Hey, honey, I got a call | 老公 |
[25:14] | from the admissions director from sycamore charter | 我接到一个电话 |
[25:17] | wanting to set up an appointment for Max. | 是Sycamore的招生主任打来的 |
[25:18] | Do you know anything about that? | 他说想给Max安排一个会面 你知道这事儿吗? |
[25:20] | Wow. They already called? That was fast. | 都来电话啦 真够快的 |
[25:25] | Adam, what are you doing? | 老公 你啥意思? |
[25:27] | I’m not doing anything. | 没啥意思啊 |
[25:29] | You can’t make this decision by yourself. | 你不能自作主张 |
[25:31] | We talked about this. | 咱说好的 |
[25:33] | Look, I think it’s a good school. | 我觉得那是个很棒的学校啊 |
[25:34] | Jabbar goes there. Sydney goes there. | Jabbar和Sydney都在那儿上学呀 – |
[25:36] | – Mm-hmm. They both go there. – We should check it out. | 话是没错 – 咱该去试试 |
[25:37] | Okay. But we need to be on the same page about this. | 但这事儿不能你一个人说了算 – |
[25:39] | You just jumped the gun and did this by yourself. | 你都没跟我商量就擅自做主了 – |
[25:41] | We can’t afford to wait, honey. | 老婆 时间就是钱啊 |
[25:43] | We’ve got to get the deposit into footpath | 周末之前要交培训课的钱 |
[25:44] | by the end of the week, so if we want to look into | |
[25:46] | mainstreaming Max, we’ve got to do it now. | 要是想把儿子送去普通学校 现在就要办这事儿 |
[25:48] | Wait a second. There’s no way that we’re not | 等下 |
[25:50] | making that deposit… We will lose Max’s spot. | 培训课的钱必须交 否则儿子的名额就没了 |
[25:52] | Do you know how long the wait list is for footpath? | 你知道有多少人 在为名额排队吗? |
[25:53] | Well, do you know how much that deposit is? | – 试训课很贵 |
[25:55] | I do know how much the deposit is, | 你知道吗? – 我当然知道 |
[25:56] | but we can’t make this decision in a week. | 不能没考虑清楚就决定 |
[25:58] | He’s too smart for footpath. | 培训课已经满足不了他了 |
[26:00] | That’s what they said at the conference. | 校方在会面时也说了呀 |
[26:01] | They told us they could change up his curriculum | 他们会给儿子安排新的课程 |
[26:03] | and make it a little bit more challenging for him. | 让他学习更深层次的一些知识 |
[26:05] | I know they did, but I think that Max needs | 这我懂 |
[26:07] | a more vigorous academic setting. | 但我认为儿子需要 一个更加健全的学习环境 |
[26:09] | Max needs or you need? | 儿子需要还是你需要? |
[26:11] | – What? – I know that you want our son | 啥? 我知道你希望儿子 |
[26:13] | to be a normal kid at a normal school. | 上正常的学校 做正常的孩子 |
[26:15] | I do too, Adam. Believe me. | 老公 我也希望啊 |
[26:16] | Kristina, I know my son has Asperger’s, okay? | 老婆 我知道儿子有自闭症 |
[26:19] | I know that he has issues. | 我知道他有病 |
[26:21] | I want him to go to a school where he can learn, | 我只是希望他能够去 可以学到东西的地方 |
[26:22] | where he can grow, where he can have, you know, | 在那儿他可以获得成长 |
[26:24] | the best opportunity for a bright future. Right. I get it. | 能有机会获得光明未来 |
[26:27] | What if he’s the only kid in class without any friends? | 好好好 |
[26:29] | Are you forgetting where we came from, Adam? | 那要是他交不到朋友呢? 你忘了以前的事儿吗? |
[26:31] | I’m not forgetting anything, okay? | 我没忘 – |
[26:33] | – I know it’s a risk. – [Quietly] It’s a huge risk. | 我知道这很冒险 – 这简直太冒险了 |
[26:34] | Come on, Kristina. We’re not there anymore. | 老婆 别这样 咱挺过来了 |
[26:36] | He’s not there anymore. | 儿子也挺过来了 |
[26:39] | You know what, Kristina, listen to me. | 老婆 你听我说 |
[26:41] | I want what’s best for our son, okay? | 我希望给儿子最好的一切 |
[26:43] | And I don’t want to make a decision based on fear. I’m not afraid. | 不能因为怕就却步 |
[26:49] | Kristina, it’s okay to be afraid. | 我才不怕呢 |
[26:50] | I’m afraid. | 老婆 害怕很正常 我就怕 |
[26:52] | I’m afraid of what might happen, | 我怕会发生不好的事儿 |
[26:54] | but I think it’s a risk worth taking. | 但我觉得值得冒这个险 |
[26:57] | You’re wrong. | 值得才怪 |
[27:01] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:04] | So that’s my favorite part about dancing | 我最爱跳舞的原因是 |
[27:06] | is that you get to move your body. | 你可以随心舞动身体 |
[27:08] | And Jabbar likes it. | 而且Jabbar也喜欢啊 |
[27:10] | – You know? Show them. | |
[27:12] | Show them what ya got. | 展示一下 |
[27:14] | – [Making beat box sound] | |
[27:17] | Yeah! | 小帅哥扭起来 |
[27:22] | – Pretty good! – Yes. | 漂亮! |
[27:24] | How did you and Mr. Crosby meet? | 你说吧 你和Crosby先生是怎么认识的? |
[27:27] | – Well… – No, I’ll take this. | – 这个嘛… |
[27:29] | Well, it was a, um… | – 我来说吧 那是一个… |
[27:32] | It was a very dark and stormy night, | 月黑风高 冰雪交加的夜晚 |
[27:36] | and I was riding my trusty steed through the forest | 我驾着宝马良驹正穿越危险的丛林 突然 |
[27:39] | when yonder I spied a beautiful princess! | 一位迷人的公主 出现在我的视野之中! |
[27:43] | No! | 噗! |
[27:44] | No, what really happened was… | 是这样的啦… |
[27:46] | I was at a wedding in New York | 我在纽约参加一个婚礼 |
[27:49] | at the boathouse in central park, | 地点是中央公园的船屋 |
[27:52] | and there were all these important people there. | 婚礼上名流聚集 |
[27:55] | And you could tell they were important | 你一眼就能出这一点 |
[27:57] | because they were really, really boring. | 因为他们都相当无趣 |
[27:59] | So I went outside and… | 所以 我就到外面透透气… |
[28:03] | I saw this lady kneeling down on the ground | 这时 我就看见她单盖跪地 |
[28:06] | next to a chair, digging, | 就在椅子旁边 不停刨地 |
[28:08] | and her shoe was stuck in the grass. | 原来是鞋跟卡进土里了 |
[28:11] | So I reached down | 我就急忙赶过去 |
[28:12] | and I pulled her heel out from the mud, | 帮她把鞋子拔了出来 |
[28:15] | and I handed it to her. | 递还给她 |
[28:17] | And for the first time, she looked up at me, | 她抬起头看我第一眼时 |
[28:20] | and…in that tiny moment | 就在那一瞬间 |
[28:23] | my heart just stopped. | 我的心停止了跳动 |
[28:26] | Because she was the most beautiful girl | 因为她是我这辈子 |
[28:30] | I had ever seen in my life. | 见过的最美的姑娘 |
[28:32] | So I said, “hi. I’m Crosby.” | 我傻乎乎地说 “嗨 我是Crosby” |
[28:36] | And she said… [Deep voice] “Hi. I’m Jasmine” | 她回应道 “嗨 我是Jasmine” |
[28:39] | and then it took me a little while | 后来过了一段时间 |
[28:42] | for my brain to realize it, ’cause I’m kinda slow like that, | 我才意识到 我这个人有点后知后觉 |
[28:45] | but my heart knew in that moment that… | 但我的心早在那一刻就已明了 |
[28:49] | She was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. | 她就是我想与之共度余生的姑娘 |
[28:55] | – The end. | – The end. |
[28:57] | [Jabbar laughs] | – 完 – 完 |
[29:02] | I’m sorry, it’s probably not my business but | 抱歉 也许不关我的事儿 |
[29:05] | when she was gone for so long, I asked Edward to check, | 可到处都找不到她 我就让Edward去找 |
[29:07] | and she said that she was down here. | 得知她在这下面 |
[29:09] | That’s totally fine. You did the right thing. | 没关系 你做得很对 |
[29:11] | Gary. | Gary 她在哪儿? – 你这是在干啥? – 我… 因为… Amber 这可是我老板的车 啥? |
[29:13] | Where is she? | |
[29:14] | [Loud music playing] | |
[29:17] | ♪ | ♪ |
[29:21] | What the hell are you doing? | |
[29:23] | I, uh… | |
[29:24] | I was… because… um… | |
[29:26] | Amber, this is my boss’ car. | |
[29:29] | What? | |
[29:30] | – Okay… – Are you high? | – 好吧… – 你嗨上了? |
[29:33] | I’m… | 我… |
[29:34] | – High. – Okay. | – 是的 – 好了 |
[29:36] | I’m freaking out. | 我吓坏了 |
[29:38] | – Okay. – Oh, my gosh. | – 好了 |
[29:41] | I’m sorry. You’re mad. [Music stops] | – 天啊 |
[29:43] | – Yeah. – This is bad. | 对不起 你气坏了吧 |
[29:44] | – This is really bad. – Amber, this is not… | – 没错 – 这下坏了 – 这下糟糕了 |
[29:46] | Behind the gym at your High School or something. | 这不是学校的后操场 |
[29:49] | I vouched for you. I work here. | 我是你的担保人 |
[29:50] | Yeah. | 而且我在这儿上班 |
[29:51] | What is happening? | 是是是 到底咋了? |
[29:55] | I didn’t get into college. Like anywhere. | 我上不了大学了 |
[30:00] | And I just found out like a few days ago, | 几天前才知道的 |
[30:03] | and…I have been so embarrassed | 我心里羞愧难当 |
[30:06] | and confused and like upset and I… | 困惑不已 忐忑难安 |
[30:09] | Don’t know what I’m gonna do and I just… | 不知道该做啥… |
[30:13] | I didn’t have anybody to talk to about it, | 也… |
[30:14] | – you know, and I… – Oh, jeez. | 没人可以倾诉 |
[30:16] | Just was like holding it in. | – 我… – 老天啊 |
[30:17] | And I just did something like this. | 一直都憋在心里 |
[30:19] | I thought it would make me feel better, | 我嗑药是想让自己好受些 |
[30:21] | but I just feel weird. | |
[30:22] | And I’m sorry. | 但我感觉�逋噶� |
[30:23] | I’m so sorry that I did this here | 对不起 |
[30:26] | at your work. It’s like… | 在你工作的地方给你添乱 |
[30:29] | You know, you have to talk to your mom. | 这… |
[30:33] | She’s gonna be so mad at me. | 你必须跟你妈妈说 – |
[30:35] | She’s not gonna be mad at you. | 她一定会气疯的 – |
[30:36] | She’s gonna be supportive of you, okay? | 不会的 她会支持你的 |
[30:38] | You’re building this up in your mind, okay? | 这都是你胡思乱想的 |
[30:41] | She loves you so much, all right? | 她爱你 懂了吗? |
[30:44] | And you’re just gonna feel better once you tell her. | 告诉她以后 |
[30:48] | Okay. | 你就不会这样难受了 |
[30:52] | Okey-dokey. Now… | 好的 |
[30:55] | This… | 好啦… |
[30:59] | Okay. I wanna do this. | 这个… |
[31:02] | Yeah! | 不错 我想拍它 |
[31:03] | – You liked it? – Mm-hmm. | 太棒了! 你喜欢? |
[31:05] | – Dad. – I like it a lot. | – 爸 |
[31:07] | I mean, I don’t like… What’s here right now. | – 我很喜欢 我不喜欢这些文字 |
[31:11] | I like what’s struggling to get out of it, you know? The rest of it is kinda trashy. | 我喜欢内心的那种矛盾挣扎 |
[31:15] | But what’s hidden in here is genius. | 其余的部分都是垃圾 |
[31:20] | So do you like it or you don’t like it? | 但隐藏的情感还是很不错的 |
[31:21] | I can’t tell. | 那你到底是喜不喜欢? |
[31:23] | Well, there’s a lot of silly stuff | 我都糊涂了 |
[31:24] | that surrounds some really, really brilliant | 还需精雕细琢 |
[31:27] | observations about this family. | 方能拨开云雾见月明 |
[31:29] | Can you be more specific? I mean… | 能说得明白点吗? |
[31:31] | Well, like, uh, Barry’s speech, for instance. | 比如 |
[31:33] | Okay. I love Barry’s speech. | Barry的感言 |
[31:35] | Well, I think Barry’s speech sucks on every level. | 我超爱那一段 写得糟糕透顶 你咋能这样说? 写得可好了! – 这是整个… – 抱歉 不该这样说 |
[31:38] | How can you say that? It doesn’t suck! | |
[31:40] | – It’s the culmination… – You’re right, I apologize. | |
[31:42] | – Of the whole first act! – You’re absolutely right. | – 第一幕的高潮! – 你说得没错 |
[31:43] | I apologize. It’s just terrible. | 别介意 确实写得不好 |
[31:45] | How is it terrible? He’s a simple man. | 哪里不好了? 他是个平凡的人 |
[31:46] | He’s speaking simply from the heart. | 说的话全都是由心而发 好了 好了 |
[31:48] | Okay, so let’s… let’s… I got a great idea. | 我有个好主意 – |
[31:51] | – Should we have a toast? – Dad. | 来点酒吧? – 爸 |
[31:52] | We’re not celebrating. We’re work-shopping. | 现在不是庆祝的时候 |
[31:54] | There’s no such thing as a simple guy, | 还没谈好呢 每个角色都不平凡 |
[31:57] | or is Marty a simple butcher | Marty是个平凡的屠夫? |
[31:58] | or is Stanley a simple truck driver? | Stanley是个平凡的卡车司机? |
[32:00] | Everyone in the theater speaks. | 每个人都有台词 |
[32:04] | All right, look. “I have lived all these years | 你看 |
[32:06] | “and never really understood it was you. | “我活了这么久” |
[32:10] | You were there all along, but I see it now.” | “从未真正了解的人就是你” |
[32:13] | And that’s not enough. | “而你一直陪伴左右 |
[32:17] | Is this a bad time? | 我现在才发现” 这样还不够 |
[32:18] | – Hi. Sorry. – Hi. No. | 打扰到你们了? |
[32:20] | – Hey, guess what. – I get it, I get it. | – 抱歉 – 没有 |
[32:22] | Your mom’s getting her play produced. | – 好了 好了 – 我知道了 你妈的剧本要被搬上大舞台咯 – 真的? – 这才刚开始谈呢 |
[32:24] | – Really? – We’re just at the beginning. | |
[32:26] | Of talking. Hi. | |
[32:28] | I’d like you to meet Amber, my granddaughter. | 这是我的外孙女 Amber |
[32:30] | – | – This is Gilliam T. Blount. – You’re the dark, uh… |
[32:33] | Shadowy short little | 这是Gilliam |
[32:35] | T. Blount short guy. | |
[32:37] | Yes, that’s… Exactly what I am. | – 腹黑 |
[32:39] | I didn’t describe you that way, just so you know. | 神秘的小鬼是你吧 对… |
[32:41] | I couldn’t have said it better myself. | 你说对了 我可没这样写你 |
[32:43] | – But I’m just… I’m tired, so… – Terrified. | 你把我描绘得唯妙唯肖啊 – 我累了… – 是害怕吧 被抓包了 我先闪了 – 你没事吧? – 幸会 – 我上楼去了 好 – 丫头 我马上就来 |
[32:45] | You got me. I’m gonna go. | |
[32:48] | – Are you okay? – It was nice to meet you. | |
[32:49] | – I’m gonna go upstairs. – Honey, I’ll come up | |
[32:51] | – in a minute, okay? – It’s fine. No, enjoy. | |
[32:53] | – I’ll catch up with you. – Take your time. | – 我马上就来 |
[32:55] | Thanks. | – 不急 |
[32:56] | And my lovely, talented daughter Sarah. | 谢谢 – |
[32:58] | Thank you. | 这瓶给天才有才的大女儿 – |
[32:59] | Nostrovia. Thank you. | 谢谢 – |
[33:02] | [Clink, clink] | 干杯 – 谢啦 |
[33:03] | – Okay. | – Okay. |
[33:05] | – Now we’re talking. | |
[33:14] | Hi. | 好了 |
[33:16] | – Hi. | |
[33:18] | I know I’m not supposed to be here, | 好了 |
[33:20] | but I just came by | 喝完继续谈 我知道自己不受欢迎 |
[33:21] | to see how the meeting went with footpath. | 但还是想来问下 |
[33:23] | Why? You’re not Max’s aide anymore. | 训练课程咋样? |
[33:26] | No. I know. It’s just… | 为啥? 你又不是Max的辅导师了 |
[33:28] | I’ve been thinking about it ever since you told me, | 我知道 只是… |
[33:30] | and I just thought I would just check in, I guess. | 你说了以后 我就不停在想 |
[33:33] | Uh-huh. Well, it actually went really well. | 想来想去还是要过来问问 非常顺利 |
[33:35] | Really, really well. We’re very happy. | 相当好 |
[33:37] | So… | 咱都很开心… |
[33:40] | Okay. | 那就好 |
[33:43] | Actually, we’re thinking about mainstreaming Max. | 咱想把他送去普通学校 |
[33:47] | Really? | 真的? |
[33:49] | Yeah. It’s a little bit crazy but, um… | 对 |
[33:51] | No, that’s… | 有点不靠谱 可… |
[33:53] | That’s great. | 不会啊… |
[33:55] | I-I-I don’t know. I’m a little concerned. | 那样很好啊 |
[34:00] | You can come in if you want. | 说不好 我有点担心 |
[34:02] | I’m just putting stuff away. | 进屋聊吧 |
[34:04] | Okay. | 我要把东西放下 |
[34:07] | Do you want some coffee? | 好 |
[34:09] | I have some on from earlier today. | 来点咖啡? |
[34:11] | – Sure. | |
[34:13] | You can have a seat if you want. | 早些时候煮了点 – |
[34:18] | So what school are you guys thinking about? | 好呀 |
[34:21] | – Sycamore. – That’s a great school. | 坐下说吧 准备选哪个学校? |
[34:23] | Yes. Adam is very, very excited about it. | – 很棒的学校哦 |
[34:26] | – And you’re not? – Actually, no. | 对 我老公可高兴了 |
[34:27] | I’m not. I’m really kind of worried about him. | – 你呢? |
[34:30] | Getting bullied and… He’s so safe where he is. | – 不太高兴 |
[34:32] | So I don’t want to pull him out of that environment | 我实在是比较担心 怕他受欺负 他在现在的学校很好 |
[34:34] | and just throw him into this… | 我不想让他去适应新环境 让他一个人… |
[34:37] | You know, you know how it is. | 你知道那种情况的 |
[34:38] | Having to go through that and… | 又要经历一次… |
[34:41] | Explaining to other parents | 跟别的家长解释 |
[34:42] | why your kid’s a little bit different | 为啥他有些不同 |
[34:44] | and, uh, why he doesn’t want to go to sleepovers or play sports. | 为啥他不能去别的同学家过夜 |
[34:47] | It’s like I’ve done it all. I’ve explained myself. | 为啥不参加运动 |
[34:49] | I don’t want to go there again ever. | 这些我都做过了 |
[34:51] | Which just sounds really pathetic | 解释过了 我不想再来一遍 |
[34:53] | and horrible, and I’m a horrible person… | 听起来可能比较可悲残忍 |
[34:55] | – No. – For saying it. | – 我就是个坏人 – 才不是 |
[34:57] | No, it’s true. But it’s like Adam says this. | 是真的 |
[34:58] | He’s like what if Max is the next math genius | 但我老公搞得好像 万一咱家儿子是 |
[35:00] | or science prodigy or whatever it is, | 下一个陶哲轩呢 或者下一个谢尔盾呢 |
[35:03] | and it’s like I’m holding him back | 搞得好像我在拖他后腿 |
[35:04] | because I’m so concerned about keeping him safe? | 就因为我怕他受到伤害 |
[35:07] | If that’s the case, then I won’t be able to live with myself. | 要是这样 |
[35:09] | – But I’m just… – Kristina… | 我没法心安理得 |
[35:11] | – I don’t want him getting hurt. | |
[35:13] | Kristina… | 但我… |
[35:15] | – You’re having a hard time with it, | |
[35:16] | and that’s normal, all right? | 我不想他受伤 |
[35:17] | If you weren’t struggling with it, | 你现在心里很不好受 这很正常 |
[35:19] | I would be worried. | 要是你跟没事儿人一样 那我才要担心 |
[35:20] | And also you should know | 还有 你要知道 |
[35:22] | that Max’s awareness of his Asperger’s | Max知道了自己的病 |
[35:24] | is a much bigger deal to you than it is to him. | 对你来说是个更大的挑战 |
[35:28] | The only uncertain variable is his behavior, | 唯一不稳定的因素 |
[35:30] | and that can be supported. | 就是他的一举一动 |
[35:32] | If you ask me, | 这就需要你在一边支持他 要是你问我 |
[35:33] | I think Max could do extremely well | 我认为他会在学校里表现得很好 |
[35:35] | in a mainstream setting. | |
[35:40] | I just wanna make sure that he’s gonna be okay. | 我只是希望他不要出事 |
[35:42] | I wish that there were guarantees, | |
[35:44] | but you know there aren’t… | 我也希望 |
[35:46] | Not with Max or any other kid. | 可这种事没个准儿的 |
[35:51] | What would you do if it were your boy? | 不管是对Max 还是对其他小孩 |
[35:54] | If it were your child, what would you do? | 如果你是一位母亲呢? |
[35:57] | I hate that question. | 如果是这样的情况 |
[36:06] | I would do it. | 你会咋做? 这个问题真难答 |
[36:08] | I-I think that Max is ready. | 我会同意的 |
[36:11] | So I would do it. | 我认为Max已经准备好了 所以 |
[36:13] | You would do it. | 我会支持他的 这样啊 |
[36:19] | Sorry about before. | 之前的事很抱歉 |
[36:21] | Kristina, I’ve lost so much sleep over this. | Kristina 为这事儿 |
[36:23] | I let you down, I let Max down, | 我都失眠好久了 |
[36:25] | and I’m just… | 让你和Max失望… – |
[36:27] | I’m so sorry. | 对不起 |
[36:29] | It’s okay. | – 没事啦 |
[36:32] | Come here. | 来抱抱 |
[36:36] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:46] | Hey honey. | 老婆 |
[36:48] | – Hey. – Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉回来迟了 |
[36:50] | I had to take Cory to pick up his car. | 我载老板去取车了 |
[36:52] | It took me forever. Cory? | 耽误了一会 |
[36:54] | Hey, kids. Hey, you know, Max, | 孩子们 好呀 |
[36:56] | you gotta do your homework before you watch television. | 儿子 做完作业才能看电视哦 |
[36:58] | – I finished it an hour ago. – Good man. | – 一小时前就写完了 – 乖孩子 |
[37:01] | Haddie, how was your day? | 女儿 |
[37:07] | Hey, um… | 今天咋样? |
[37:08] | I, uh, I saw Gaby today. | 我今天见到Gaby了 |
[37:11] | You did? | 是吗? |
[37:13] | I did. | 是啊 |
[37:14] | How’d that go? | 感觉咋样? |
[37:17] | Well, it was a little awkward. Kind of… | 一开始挺尴尬的… |
[37:19] | – I can imagine. – Uncomfortable, you know, | – 不太舒服 – 我能想到 |
[37:21] | with what happened over at the Lessings’ house. | 因为Lessing家的那档子事儿嘛 |
[37:23] | But it actually turned out well. | 后来话说开了就没事了 |
[37:25] | – Mm-hmm. – And… | 而且… |
[37:27] | And I think that we should look into | 我觉得明年可以把儿子 |
[37:29] | mainstreaming Max next year. | 送去普通的学校上课 |
[37:31] | I think it’s a good idea. | 这主意挺好的 |
[37:34] | She gave me some valid points, | Gaby说了些很在理的话 |
[37:36] | and I’m… I’m on board. | 我… 同意了 |
[37:38] | – Really. – Yes. | – 真的 – 是的 |
[37:39] | – All right. – Yeah. | – 太好了 – 嗯 |
[37:43] | Listen, honey, I don’t wanna… | 老婆 我不想… |
[37:45] | Move forward with this unless you’re 100%. | 你要是不太确定就不要勉强 |
[37:47] | I just think that, you know, | 我只是觉得 |
[37:49] | took a lot of effort and things like that | 花了这么大的力气 |
[37:52] | to fill out this registration. | 才把登记的事儿搞定 |
[37:54] | We do know that at footpath the waiting list is very long, | 而且培训名额又那么紧张 |
[37:57] | and we could lose his spot, so… | 也许排不上他… |
[37:59] | We do know that. You’re 100%. | 你说的没错 你确定? |
[38:07] | 100%. | 确定 |
[38:13] | All right. | 好吧 |
[38:14] | What Russian president of the ’90s | “哪一位90年代的俄国总统” |
[38:17] | lost a thumb in a childhood grenade accident? | “在孩提时的手榴弹事故中 丢了根拇指?” |
[38:19] | – Oh! Boris Yeltsin! – We’re gonna say Gorbachev. | – 叶利钦! – “戈尔巴乔夫” |
[38:21] | – Oh, no. Strike one. – Yes! | – 错 扣一分 – 我说的吧! |
[38:23] | – All right, Max. – Oh, wow. | 儿子 真棒 |
[38:25] | How can they get that wrong? | 这个问题都答不上来 |
[38:26] | Both Isaac Newton and Gottfried Leibniz… | – “牛顿和莱布尼茨” – 微积分! |
[38:29] | – Calculus! – With inventing… | – “都建立了哪种数学分支?” |
[38:31] | – Calculus! – What mathematical branch? | – 微积分! |
[38:33] | – Physics. – We’re gonna go with physics. | – “物理学” – “应该是吧” |
[38:35] | Oh, no, strike two! | 错! 再扣一分 |
[38:36] | They got it wrong. | They got it wrong. 又答错了 |
[38:38] | How… how could they get that wrong? | 咋一题都答不上来 |
[38:39] | It’s the right thing to do. | 这是正确的决定 |
[38:42] | I’d win so much money if I was on cash cab. | 要是我上节目一定赢大钱 |
[38:44] | – I’d win like $5,000. – Yes, you would. | – 说不定能赢5000块呢 – 是啦 是啦 你厉害 |
[38:48] | If I won on cash cab. | 要是我能上节目的话 |
[38:56] | – Hey. | – Hey. |
[39:07] | You told some beautiful stories… | 你说的故事很动听… |
[39:10] | And showed some cute photos. | 也找了很多温馨的照片 |
[39:14] | And for a while, I was thinking… | 有那么一会儿 我在想… |
[39:17] | Yeah. That’s what it could be like. | 是啊 咱能拥有这样的生活 |
[39:20] | Three of us as a family. | 有爱的三口之家 |
[39:24] | Well… | |
[39:27] | We are a family. | 咱就是一家人啊 |
[39:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:32] | But then I remembered… | 但接着我就想起… |
[39:34] | Oh, yeah, you know, that all sounds great, but… | 这一切听起来都很美… |
[39:38] | You know, ‘cept for one thing. | 但我就是没法释怀 |
[39:41] | You slept with another woman while we were engaged. | 订婚期间 你跟别人有染 |
[39:51] | Sweetie, I’m so sorry. | 亲爱的 我错了 |
[39:54] | I’m ashamed of what I did. | 我很鄙视自己 |
[39:57] | But I will do anything | 只要你肯原谅 |
[40:00] | to get you to forgive me. | 让我做啥都成 |
[40:01] | I swear. | 对天起誓 以示诚心 |
[40:08] | I’m not ready to forgive you, Crosby. | Crosby 我还没准备好 |
[40:12] | And I don’t know if I ever will be. | 不知道能不能彻底忘怀 |
[40:21] | I think I need to move on. | 我打算开始新生活了 |
[40:23] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[40:28] | [Band of horses’ infinite arms] | |
[40:34] | ♪ I had a dream ♪ | |
[40:36] | ♪ I had a dream ♪ | |
[40:38] | ♪ that I was your neighbor ♪ | |
[40:41] | ♪ about to give birth ♪ | |
[40:42] | Oh. You’re home early. | 提早到家啦? |
[40:44] | – Yep. – I got dinner. | – 对 – 我买了晚饭 |
[40:47] | I’m just gonna go grab Syd, and then we can eat. | 接回女儿就开饭 |
[40:49] | Um…I have… I have to tell you something. | 我… 有事跟你说 |
[40:54] | – Um… – What is it? ♪ Twist in the plot ♪ | 咋了? |
[40:58] | ♪ my friends and family ♪ ♪ little things I got ♪ I don’t wanna freak you out. | 你冷静听我说 |
[41:03] | I just got off the phone with Dr. Sarris. | 我刚和Sarris医生通完话 |
[41:05] | I got the lab results back from my tests, | 测试有结果了 |
[41:07] | and, um, there is a problem. | 出了点问题 |
[41:10] | It’s not cancer. | 不是癌症 |
[41:13] | That’s the first thing she said, | 她怕我多想 一开始就说了 |
[41:15] | – so don’t worry about that. – Okay. | – 你不需要担心这个 – 好的 |
[41:17] | – Um… – What is it? | 到底啥病? |
[41:19] | It’s something called intrauterine scarring. | 查出有子宫淤痕的症状 |
[41:22] | What does that mean? | 啥意思? |
[41:24] | It’s just that, uh… | 就是说… |
[41:28] | It makes it really, really hard to get pregnant. | 我很难怀上孩子 |
[41:31] | And, um…Well, it’s just really unlikely. | 我… 完全没想到 |
[41:38] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:40] | You can’t apologize to me for something like that. | 别这样说 这又不是你的错 |
[41:43] | I’m s-s… | 我… |
[41:45] | I just… | 只是… |
[41:48] | I made you go to the doctor. | 我还让你去看医生 |
[41:50] | It wasn’t even you. It was me. | 最后有病的却是我 |
[41:52] | Forget it, honey. | 老婆 别想了 |
[41:53] | All that matters right now is you, okay?? | 现在想办法治病 才是最重要的 |
[42:00] | I really wanted to have another baby. | 我真的很想再要一个 |
[42:05] | I know you did. | 我懂 |
[42:07] | ♪ When my thoughts drift ♪ ♪ to you ♪ | 我懂 |