时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | Help wanted, huh? | 你这儿招聘员工是吗 |
[00:01] | I’m actually looking for a job. | 我实际上正在找工作 |
[00:02] | I need someone with photography experience. | 我只需要有过拍照经验的人 |
[00:05] | Oh, my God! | 噢 我的天呐 |
[00:06] | It’s been five months. | 已经过了5个月了 |
[00:07] | We can’t keep walking on eggshells | 我们不能继续如履薄冰似的 |
[00:09] | around this boy. | 来对待这个孩子 |
[00:11] | I feel like I’m waiting | 就像是我正等待着 |
[00:12] | to fall in love with our son. | 去爱我们的儿子 |
[00:13] | Today’s the big day, huh? Amy comes back from camp. | 今天是个大日子 是吧 艾米就要从训练营回来了 |
[00:16] | She seems kind of distant or something. | 她好像离家还有段距离呢 |
[00:18] | Oh, my God, I missed you so much. | 上帝啊 我好想你 |
[00:20] | I missed you too. | 我也好想你 |
[00:21] | I just have to tell you that | 我必须得告诉你们 |
[00:22] | I got into Cornell early admission. | 我考上康奈尔大学了 |
[00:24] | I’m gonna miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[00:45] | I love our son, but I love when he’s at grandma’s. | 我爱我们的儿子 但是我更爱他在他奶奶家 |
[00:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[00:51] | You know, next time let’s do it in the laundry room. | 下次我们去洗衣房试试 |
[00:53] | We’ll get every room in the house. | 我们会把这整座房子都占领的 |
[00:58] | Uhoh. That could be her. | 有可能是她 |
[01:00] | Could be your mama. | 可能是你妈发的 |
[01:01] | Don’t answer it. | 别接 |
[01:03] | Oh. No, it’s Adam. | 不是 是亚当发来的 |
[01:06] | “Remind Amber to pick up toner tomorrow”? | 提醒安博明天记得带爽肤水 |
[01:08] | Are you kidding me? | 你在逗我玩吗 |
[01:10] | These are the texts he’s sending at 10:00 P.M.? | 这些就是他晚上10点发来的短信吗 |
[01:12] | We are officially the hottest Braverman couple. | 我们现在可正是欲火焚身的布雷弗曼夫妇 |
[01:14] | You know, this really drives me nuts. | 真是让我抓狂 |
[01:16] | It takes Crosby forever to respond | 过了那么久 克罗斯比才回复了我 |
[01:17] | to an email or a text. | 一封邮件或一条短信 |
[01:19] | How hard could it be just to say, “Okay, I got it”? | 回复句“好的 知道了” 能有多难 |
[01:21] | Maybe he’s busy, honey. | 他或许正在忙 亲爱的 |
[01:23] | Honey, it’s Sunday night. | 亲爱的 这可是周日晚上 |
[01:29] | What? What are you looking at? | 怎么了 你在看什么 |
[01:29] | – Nothing. – Honey, what are you… | 没什么 亲爱的 你在… |
[01:31] | It’s nothing. What? | 没啥事 怎么了嘛 |
[01:33] | What are you looking at puppies for? | 你在网上看小狗干嘛 |
[01:34] | We always talked about getting a dog. | 我们一直不是在讨论要养只狗吗 |
[01:35] | No. No, we didn’t. | 不不行 我们没有讨论过 |
[01:36] | – Yes, we did. – No, we haven’t. | – 我们讨论过 – 不 我们没有 |
[01:39] | Adam. | 亚当 |
[01:40] | – Listen, we have. Look at how cute – What? | – 听着 我们的确讨论过 你看这小家伙 – 干嘛 |
[01:41] | – this guy… – Oh, come on, honey, I know that you miss Haddie, | – 多可爱啊… – 拜托 亲爱的 我知道你想海蒂 |
[01:43] | but really? | 但至于这样吗 |
[01:44] | This dog does not look like Haddie. | 这只狗可不像海蒂 |
[01:45] | Haddie… that dog looks exactly like Haddie. | 海蒂 这条狗看起来确实像海蒂 |
[01:47] | – This one? – Yes. | – 这条吗 – 是的 |
[01:48] | No, it doesn’t. Okay, maybe a little bit. | 不 它不像 好吧 或许有点像 |
[01:51] | The curls are a little different. | 但卷发有点小不同 |
[01:53] | The eyes are not the same. | 眼睛也不像 |
[01:54] | – What’s going on here? – Nothing. | – 到底有什么事 – 没事 |
[01:57] | Nothing. I’m just looking. Okay. | 没事 我只是看看 好吧 |
[01:59] | I’m not saying we’re going to get a dog. | 我没说我们马上就要养狗 |
[02:01] | We’re talking about a dog. | 我们只是在谈论狗而已 |
[02:02] | We’re talking about getting a dog? | 我们是在谈论养条狗吗 |
[02:04] | – Honey, I love dogs, – No. | – 亲爱的 我爱狗 – 不是 |
[02:05] | but I also know what a royal pain in the ass | 但是我也知道养条小狗狗 |
[02:06] | – having a puppy can be. – They’re cute. | – 屁股咬着有多痛 – 它们很可爱 |
[02:08] | – That guy is going to destroy my house. – They’re cuddly. | – 那小家伙会毁了我的房子的 – 它们超萌的 |
[02:10] | He’s gonna crap all over the place. | 它会上蹿下跳到处乱跑 |
[02:11] | So what? So do you. | 那又怎样呢 你不也是一样 |
[02:15] | – I’m just kidding. – They’re cute, honey, | – 我开玩笑的 – 它们很可爱 亲爱的 |
[02:17] | – but it’s a big… it’s a big commitment. – They are cute. | – 但是这是一份大的…是份大承诺 – 它们真的很可爱 |
[02:18] | Research shows that this dog would be good for Max | 研究表明 拿这种狗作为麦克斯的伙伴 |
[02:21] | as a companion. | 是非常有好处的 |
[02:22] | They’re compatible for kids | 它们非常适合那些 |
[02:23] | on the autism spectrum, they are. | 有自闭症的孩子 真的 |
[02:26] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[02:27] | Well, let’s just make sure we take a beat | 在我们在养了狗后却对它不管不顾之前 |
[02:28] | before we just run off and get a dog. | 我们要保证能应付 |
[02:30] | Let’s make sure we’re thinking rationally | 我们一定得在这之前理性地 |
[02:32] | – about this. – And there’s another one | – 思考一下 – 这里还有一条 |
[02:33] | – I want to show you too. – It’s a 14-year commitment. | – 我想让你看看 – 一个14年的承诺 |
[02:34] | This one looks like your mom. | 这只看起来像你的妈妈 |
[02:38] | – Ruff. – We’ll think about it. | – 我赢了 – 我们可以考虑看看 |
[02:41] | Smile and say, “Senior.” | 笑一下 说“高中” |
[02:44] | “Senior.” Oh, wait. Hold on, I’m on video. | “高中” 噢 等一下 别动 我调成了录像模式 |
[02:46] | Crud. One more time, one more time. | 可恶 再来一次再来一次 |
[02:47] | I really have to pick her up at 7:45, so… | 我真的必须在7点45去接她 所以… |
[02:48] | – I know, I know, I know. – Wait, wait, wait. | – 我知道 我知道 我知道 – 等等 等等 等等 |
[02:50] | – We got to get this. – It won’t stop recording. | – 我们必须得照 – 我停不下来它了 |
[02:51] | Okay, smile. | 好了 笑一下 |
[02:52] | – Good. Yeah. – Yay! | – 很好 这多好啊 – 耶 |
[02:53] | Great. I’m glad we got that. | 太好了 真高兴照到了 |
[02:55] | Hey, grandson, wait a minute, wait a minute. | 嘿 孙子 等一等等一等 |
[02:57] | I want to tell you something. | 我想跟你说点事 |
[02:58] | Now, for the next 12 months, I want you to behold | 在接下来的12个月里 我会要你领悟 |
[03:01] | the breast of knowledge, thrust yourself upon it, | 乳房的知识 对此你要有信心 |
[03:05] | – and suck. – Gross, dad. | – 然后吮吸 – 真恶心 爸 |
[03:06] | Why does knowledge have boobs? | 为什么教的知识里会有胸部 |
[03:08] | Uh, listen, honey, pick me up at 5:00, okay? | 听着 亲爱的 下午5点的时候来接我 好吗 |
[03:10] | – Yeah, yeah, yeah. – Don’t forget. | – 好好好 – 别忘了 |
[03:11] | And, listen, if you use the blinker and the windshield wipers | 还有 听着 如果你同时用闪光灯和雨刷器的话 |
[03:13] | at the same time, the car will shake, so… | 这车就会震动 所以 |
[03:15] | – Oh, jeez. – It’s actually not raining. | – 天啊 – 其实现在还没下雨 |
[03:17] | But. Well, you never know. | 但是 天有不测风云 |
[03:18] | – Honey, have a great first day. – All right. | – 亲爱的 祝你地一天过得愉快 – 好吧 |
[03:20] | Yup. | 嗯 |
[03:20] | – Say hi to Amy. Be polite to everybody. – Bye, guys. I will. | – 替我向艾米问好 对大家要有礼貌 – 再见了 我知道 |
[03:23] | – Bye, guys. – Don’t forget to… | – 再见 – 不要忘了… |
[03:25] | – Wash your hands. – Bye. | – 洗手 – 再见 |
[03:27] | See you later, gran… “Wash your hands”? | 回头见 孙… 洗手 |
[03:30] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:33] | One anchovy-peanut butter sandwich. | 给你一个鱼花生黄油酱三明治 |
[03:36] | – That’s your favorite, right? – No. | – 这是你最喜欢的 是吗 – 不是 |
[03:37] | – Thank you. – Hey, Victor. | – 谢谢 嘿 – 维克托 |
[03:39] | Come get your lunch. | 过来拿你的午餐 |
[03:40] | – Oh, yeah, don’t forget your sugar water. – Orange. | – 哦 对了 别忘记带你的糖水 – 橘子 |
[03:42] | Victor? | 维克托 |
[03:44] | Buddy, we don’t want you to be late on your first day of school. | 儿子 我们可不想让你第一天上学就迟到 |
[03:48] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[03:49] | I don’t feel good. | 我不舒服 |
[03:50] | What’s the matter? | 怎么啦 |
[03:52] | My head hurts, and so does my stomach. | 我头痛 胃也疼 |
[03:54] | Oh, boy. | 噢 天呐 |
[03:56] | Let’s see. | 我看看 |
[03:58] | Okay, well, you don’t feel too warm. | 好吧 摸起来头不是很热嘛 |
[04:00] | It’s mostly my stomach. | 主要是胃疼 |
[04:02] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[04:03] | Guys, it’s ten till. What’s going on? | 都十点了 出什么事了 |
[04:04] | Victor doesn’t feel well. | 维克托感觉不舒服 |
[04:06] | I think that we’re gonna have to keep you home. | 我想我们就让你待在家吧 |
[04:09] | But, hon, it’s the first day. | 但是 亲爱的 今天可是上学的第一天 |
[04:11] | I know, but what if he’s contagious? | 我知道 但是万一他会传染别人呢 |
[04:13] | And, you know, we can’t do that. | 你是知道的 我们不能那么做 |
[04:14] | Can you stay, and I’ll take Syd? | 我带西德去上学 你留下照顾他行吗 |
[04:16] | Yeah, yeah. | 行 可以 |
[04:17] | And I will call you in an hour. | 我会在一小时内打电话给你的 |
[04:19] | Okay, buddy? I do not like you being sick. | 好吗 儿子 我可不喜欢你生病 |
[04:24] | – All right. – All right. | – 好了 – 好吧 |
[04:25] | Bye, daddy. Bye, Victor. Feel better. | 再见 爸爸 再见 维克托 快好起来哦 |
[04:28] | – Bye. – Bye. Have a good day. | – 拜 – 拜 祝你过得愉快 |
[04:29] | – You too. – Love you, daddy. | – 你也是 – 爱你 爸爸 |
[04:30] | Bye, ladies. | 拜 女士们 |
[04:33] | All right, man. | 好吧 小子 |
[04:35] | Well, let’s head upstairs and get you into bed. | 我们上楼去 你好躺到被窝里休息去 |
[04:39] | Can I lay on the couch? There’s a TV there. | 我能躺在沙发上吗 那里有电视可以看 |
[04:43] | – Okay. – And that brings us to Friday. | – 好了 – 我们来看看星期五的安排 |
[04:45] | DRT. What is DRT? | DRT 什么是DRT |
[04:47] | – Oh, it’s… – Dave ray trio. | – 哦 那是… – 戴夫·雷三重奏 |
[04:49] | – Yes. – Jazz and stuff. | – 没错 – 爵士乐之类的东西 |
[04:50] | – And they are scheduled for half a day only. – Why? | – 他们仅只预定了半天 – 为什么 |
[04:52] | Because they couldn’t afford a whole day. | 因为他们负担不起全天的费用 |
[04:55] | Well, we have a half day that’s unbooked. | 好吧 我们还有半天未预定 |
[04:57] | – What are we gonna… I don’t know. | – 我们要… – 我不知道 |
[04:58] | Do you want me to see if I can move Landon’s session to then? | 你想让我看看是否能推迟兰登的会议吗 |
[05:00] | I’m sorry. Hold on. That is a great idea. | 抱歉 等下 真是个好主意 |
[05:02] | Yes, thank you. I’m gonna get some coffee. | 是的 谢了 我去倒点咖啡 |
[05:03] | What is that incessant beeping that it’s doing? | 那样持续不断的蜂鸣声是什么 |
[05:07] | It’s just a calendar app that I have. | 只是个日程程序 |
[05:09] | Kristina lets me know if she adds something to our schedule. | 克里斯蒂娜在我们的安排里增添了某些事项 |
[05:11] | Well, it’s real annoying. It’s going off all the time. | 好吧 真是烦人 它都叫唤了一整天 |
[05:14] | Yeah, just like a guy who plays a guitar during a meeting. | 就像是一个人在开会期间弹着吉他 |
[05:15] | I happen to like this app, okay? | 我就是喜欢这个程序 行吗 |
[05:17] | We have busy lives. It keeps us in sync. | 我们过着繁忙的生活 它能让我们同步处理问题 |
[05:19] | – Let’s see what she just added. – Give me that back. | – 来看看她加了什么事项 – 还给我 |
[05:20] | Can we? Oh, she has a hair appointment at 1:00. | 我们能看吧 哦 下午1点有个美发预约 |
[05:22] | – Thank God that came through. – It’s good for me to know that. | – 感谢上帝带来这消息 – 知道了对我很有用的 |
[05:24] | – “We have dinner at 6:00.” – Yup. | – 晚上6点我们一起吃饭 – 没错 |
[05:25] | Maybe forgot to eat if that wasn’t there. | 要是短信不在 你可能就会忘记吃饭 |
[05:27] | Can we get back to the schedule, please? | 我们能不能回到安排问题上来 拜托 |
[05:28] | – Trip to the gynecologist? – Do you mind? | – 妇科医生之旅 – 你能还我吗 |
[05:30] | – That’s private information. – 10:00 P.M. To question mark… | – 那是私人信息 – 晚上10点 去问马克… |
[05:33] | Funkytown. | 质朴小镇的事 |
[05:35] | What? | 什么 |
[05:36] | What is Funkytown? | 什么是质朴小镇 |
[05:37] | It’s nothing. Give me the phone. | 没什么 手机给我 |
[05:38] | It’s open-ended. It goes from 10:00 to God knows when. | 它是开放式的 天知道营业时间从晚上10点持续到什么时候 |
[05:40] | I don’t know what it is. | 我不知道那是什么 |
[05:42] | You’re calling sex “Funkytown.” | 你们把性生活叫做“质朴小镇” |
[05:44] | No, we are not. No, we do not. | 不 我们没有 不 我们没有 |
[05:46] | – Yes, you are. – No, we are no… | – 你们有 – 我们没… |
[05:47] | – Then what is Funkytown? – All right. | – 那质朴小镇是什么 – 好吧 |
[05:48] | – So what? Give me back the phone. – So… | – 是那样又怎样 还我手机 – 这么说… |
[05:50] | – What? – This is rough. | – 怎么了 – 真是粗暴 |
[05:51] | – You’re scheduling sex with your wife? – Yeah. | – 你和你的妻子在刻意安排性生活 – 没错 |
[05:53] | Look, we have plenty of unscheduled sex, okay? | 听着 我们也有很多每刻意安排的 好吗 |
[05:56] | Once in a while, we have dry spells, | 但偶尔我们也会有精力不够的时候 |
[05:57] | and we rely on going to Funkytown, | 那么我们就需要去质朴小镇 |
[05:59] | and you will to, my friend. | 你也会的 我的朋友 |
[06:00] | Nah, I don’t think so. | 不 我不这么认为 |
[06:01] | We had impromptu sex on the kitchen floor last night. | 昨晚我们才在厨房地板上即兴嘿咻 |
[06:03] | And let me tell you, we did not have to schedule it. | 而且我告诉你 我们从没为此可以刻意安排过 |
[06:05] | Niece. Niece is in the room. | 侄女 侄女进来了 |
[06:06] | Libidos took over. | 性欲掌控一切 |
[06:07] | – Niece. – Libidos. | – 侄女 – 性欲 |
[06:08] | Niece, 11:00. | 侄女 11点钟方向 |
[06:14] | Very funny. | 非常有趣 |
[06:15] | Is that Funkytown? | 这是质朴小镇那首歌吗 |
[06:17] | I love that song. | 我喜欢这首 |
[06:18] | Won’t you take me to Funkytown? | 你难道不会带我去质朴小镇吗 |
[06:21] | – It’s a good song. – Thank you so much. | – 是首好歌 – 非常感谢 |
[06:23] | – You’re welcome. – Thank you. | – 不客气 – 谢谢 |
[06:25] | That was good. | 弹得很好诶 |
[07:13] | yeah, so my mom said I could use her car | 所以我妈就说 一周我能用两次 |
[07:16] | twice a week, so… | 她的车 |
[07:17] | That’s awesome. | 太好了 |
[07:18] | Yeah, if you want, we can make it like | 若是你想 我们可以 |
[07:20] | a regular thing. | 每周都这么做 |
[07:21] | You know, that way you don’t have to take the bus. | 你知道的 这样你就能不用搭公车了 |
[07:31] | All right, well, is everything okay? | 很好啊 没出什么事儿吧 |
[07:35] | You’re all quiet. | 一路上你都很安静 |
[07:39] | Drew, we need to talk. | 德鲁 我们需要谈谈 |
[07:43] | I, um… | 我 |
[07:45] | I met a guy this summer. | 这个夏天在我邂逅了一个男生 |
[07:48] | At camp. | 是在营地的时候 |
[07:51] | And it’s… I mean, it’s not like… | 而且… 这不是… |
[07:56] | it’s not serious or… | 我们不是闹着玩儿 或是… |
[07:58] | What, are you, like, breaking up with me or something? | 什么 你是想说 你是要和我分手还是怎么 |
[08:05] | Please don’t be mad. | 你不要生气 |
[08:09] | I really care about you. | 我真的很在乎你 |
[08:10] | And, I mean, I still want to be friends. | 我是说 我还是想和你继续做朋友 |
[08:15] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[08:16] | I wanted to tell you sooner, but I just… | 我本该早点告诉你的 但我只是 |
[08:18] | – I couldn’t, and then… – Yeah, you don’t want | – 我不能 然后… – 我知道你不想… |
[08:20] | to walk in the first day of senior year | 你是不想在高中生涯的第一天 |
[08:22] | with me attached to you, I get it. | 就和我分手 这我懂 |
[08:24] | Drew. | 德鲁 |
[08:27] | Just…ohh. You should just go. | 只是… 你该走了 |
[08:30] | The… the bell’s gonna ring. | 铃…铃快响了 |
[08:32] | Like, you’re gonna be late, so… | 你要迟到了 所以… |
[09:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[09:04] | How is he? | 他怎样了吗 |
[09:06] | I’ll let you ask him yourself. | 你亲自问问吧 |
[09:08] | Hey… Your mom wants to talk to you, | 嘿 如果你想接的话 |
[09:10] | if you’re up to it. | 你妈妈有话跟你说 |
[09:15] | Hello? | 喂 |
[09:17] | Yeah, my stomach still hurts, | 是的 我的胃还是很痛 |
[09:20] | but I think the soup is making it a little bit better. | 但是我觉得有碗汤会让我舒服点 |
[09:23] | Yeah, I think it will be good tomorrow. | 是的 我觉得明天就会好的 |
[09:32] | The gray? | 灰色呢 |
[09:34] | It’s nice, right? | 很漂亮 对吧 |
[09:36] | – It’s not horrible, but… – No. | – 不算糟糕 但是… – 不 |
[09:38] | It’s not good. It’s not good. | 这个不好这个不好 |
[09:39] | No, I-I… you’re right. | 不 我…我…你说得对 |
[09:41] | How about this, though? I thought that was… | 这个感觉如何 我认为这个… |
[09:43] | Oh, yeah. It’s too tan. | 没错 这个有点偏棕 |
[09:45] | No, I don’t like it either. Ooh, drew’s here. | 是的 我也不喜欢 哦 德鲁来了 |
[09:48] | Listen, he’s a nice kid, but he’s very shy. | 听着 他是个好孩子 但是他非常腼腆 |
[09:49] | Don’t scare him. | 不要吓他 |
[09:51] | We having a playdate now? | 我们现在是在休假吗 |
[09:52] | No, it was his first day of senior year, | 不是 今天是他高中生涯的第一天 |
[09:54] | so you might like to ask him a question. | 所以或许你更应该问他个问题 |
[09:55] | No. No, I don’t. | 不不 我不想 |
[09:58] | Hi. How was it? | 嗨 感觉怎么样 |
[10:00] | – It was fine. – It was okay? | – 还好 – 还好吗 |
[10:01] | – You didn’t crash the car? – No. | – 你没把车给撞坏吧吗 – 没有 |
[10:04] | Drew, you remember Hank from the family portrait. | 德鲁 你记得拍家庭照的汉克吧 |
[10:07] | Hank, this is my son drew, who you’ve been wanting to talk to. | 汉克 这是我儿子德鲁 就是那个你一直想要跟他谈谈的那个人 |
[10:11] | Huh? | 对吧 |
[10:18] | Hey, so I gave drew the car | 嘿 我把车给了德鲁开 |
[10:20] | so that he could drive his girlfriend Amy | 是为了让他能在第一天上学 |
[10:22] | to their first day of school. How was it? | 就开车送他女朋友艾米上学 感觉怎么样 |
[10:23] | Is she in the car? | 她在车里吗 |
[10:25] | Just I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈论这个 |
[10:28] | – Did something happen? – Yes, mom, something happened. | – 出什么事了吗 – 是的 妈 出了点事 |
[10:32] | Can we not talk about it in here for seriously? | 我们能不在这儿严肃地谈吗 |
[10:34] | – She broke up with me. – Oh, my God. | – 她和我分手了 – 哦 天啊 |
[10:36] | – The first day? – Yes. | – 在开学的第一天吗 – 没错 |
[10:38] | Okay. All right. I’ll see you in the car. | 好 行 待会车里见 |
[10:44] | She broke up with him, first day of school. | 在上学的第一天 她就跟他分手了 |
[10:47] | Love, man. | 爱情啊 |
[10:49] | It sucks. | 糟糕透了 |
[10:51] | How comforting. | 你可真安慰人啊 |
[10:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:57] | It’s insanity. | 这真够无语 |
[10:59] | Every time Kristina adds something to their calendar, | 每次克里斯蒂娜给他们的日程上添东西的时候 |
[11:01] | his phone starts dinging. | 他的手机就开始响 |
[11:03] | So all day long at work | 所以一整天的工作 |
[11:04] | it’s just ding, ding, ding, ding, | 都在叮叮叮叮地响个不停 |
[11:05] | as she adds “Hair appointment,” “Max,” “This and that,”. | 她就开始说“美发预约” “麦克斯” “这个还有那个” |
[11:08] | “I’m gonna burp,” Wa-wa-wa-wa. | “我想要打嗝” 一直在那儿得逼得得逼得的 |
[11:10] | – I mean, whoo. – Well, why do you care? | – – 至于这样吗 – 你干嘛这么在意 |
[11:12] | – Maybe it works for them. – Wouldn’t that drive you crazy | – 或许这就是他们的相处之道 – 要是有天我想为我们增添情趣 |
[11:14] | if every time I added something to our schedule | 你的手机开始震动并发出噪音 |
[11:16] | your phone started vibrating and making noise? | 难道那不让你抓狂吗 |
[11:17] | Oh, well, I wouldn’t know, | 噢 好吧 我不清楚 |
[11:19] | because we’ve never had one. | 因为我们从没发生过 |
[11:20] | Mmhmm. That’s right. | 说得对 |
[11:22] | And we should never have one. | 我们根本不会这样 |
[11:23] | I’m telling you, the second you start planning | 我告诉你 你开始提前几周规划 |
[11:24] | every little detail of your life weeks in advance… | 你的生活的每一个小细节开始… |
[11:27] | they schedule sex. | 他们还给性生活定计规划了 |
[11:28] | They call it “Funkytown.” | 他们管那叫做“质朴小镇” |
[11:29] | – Oh, that’s cute. – Yeah, the second | – 真是可爱 – 你没听错 |
[11:31] | we start doing that, we are officially old and married. | 一旦我们开始那样做的时候 我们就正式成为老夫老妻了 |
[11:33] | Well, we are old and married. | 我们已经是老夫老妻了 |
[11:34] | Well, maybe you’re old and married… I’m not. | 或许你是… 但我不是 |
[11:36] | – I’m in a hot, steamy relationship that sometimes ends – Really? | – 我正处于亲密无间 如胶似漆的阶段 – 真的吗 |
[11:39] | on the floor of this kitchen. | 有时就像这次在厨房完事一样 |
[11:40] | – Ooh, now that is Funkytown. – What’s for dinner? | – 这才是质朴小镇 – 晚餐是什么 |
[11:43] | Well, we’ve got some really yummy salmon and rice and salad. | 我们有非常美味的鲑鱼米饭 还有沙拉 |
[11:49] | What? It’s good. It’s..It’s… | 怎么了 很好吃啊 会…会… |
[11:51] | – It’s gonna be delicious. – Can we go somewhere else? | – 会非常美味的 – 我们能去别的地方吃吗 |
[11:54] | Hey, I have an idea. | 嘿 我有个主意 |
[11:56] | Maybe we just flip this whole thing on its head, | 或许我们把这所有的食物调个顺序 |
[11:58] | put this in the fridge for tomorrow, | 放进冰箱明天吃吧 |
[12:00] | and then go out for pizza. | 然后我们出去吃披萨 |
[12:02] | Yeah. | 太棒了 |
[12:02] | – What do you think? – No, no, no. I made dinner. | – 你觉得呢 – 不行 不行 我晚餐都做好了 |
[12:05] | It’s ready to go. We’re gonna sit down and eat. | 都准备要开吃了 我们只需坐下吃就好 |
[12:07] | You don’t want to eat salmon the next day. | 第二天你就不想吃鲑鱼了 |
[12:08] | I mean, we could be those people that can’t break any rules, | 我们不能做那种墨守陈规的人 |
[12:11] | or we could be the people | 或者我们就是那些 |
[12:12] | that eat the salmon tomorrow, | 可以明天吃鲑鱼的人 |
[12:14] | tonight we do pizza. | 今晚我们吃披萨吧 |
[12:15] | – Yeah. – What do you say? | – 对啊 – 你觉得如何 |
[12:17] | Please, mom, please, please, please. | 求你了 妈妈 求你了求你了求你了 |
[12:19] | – Fine, fine. – Yes. | – 好吧 好吧 – 太好了 |
[12:21] | All right. | 好叻 |
[12:30] | Please. | 吃一口吧 |
[12:32] | Talk about it, talk about it. Won’t you take me to Funkytown? | 谈论此事 你不会带我去质朴小镇吗 |
[12:34] | We talk about it | 我们谈论此事 |
[12:37] | Won’t you take me to Funkytown? | 你不会带我去质朴小镇吗 嗨 亲爱的 |
[12:39] | – Hi. – Honey. | – 嗨 – 亲爱的 |
[12:40] | Welcome home. | 欢迎回家 |
[12:42] | I got one of your favorite bottles. | 我买了你最喜欢的酒 |
[12:43] | – Wow, thank you. – Funky lady. | – 谢谢 – 时髦的女士 |
[12:45] | I made you a cornish game hen. | 我给你做了康沃尔游戏母鸡 |
[12:48] | Mm, that’s a funky-looking hen. | 真是只时髦的母鸡 |
[12:50] | I, um, I need to talk to you about something. | 我…我需要跟你说个事 |
[12:52] | – What? Oh. – Well, I had a… | – 什么事 – 好吧 我过了个… |
[12:55] | – Here you go. – A whoopsie today. | – 给你 – 欢闹的一天 |
[12:57] | – Yeah, you had a whoopsie? – I had a whoopsie. | – 你过得很欢闹吗 – 过得很欢闹 |
[12:59] | What kind of a whoopsie did you have? | 你因什么而欢闹 |
[13:00] | I may have told Max that… | 我可能已经告诉麦克斯… |
[13:02] | hey, dad, mom said we’re getting a dog. | 嘿 爸 妈跟我说我们要养只狗 |
[13:03] | – What? – I never said that. | – 什么 – 我没跟他这么说过 |
[13:05] | – And this is the one I want. – When did this… honey. | – 我想要这只 – 你什么时候… 亲爱的 |
[13:06] | – Come here, look. – He’s doing research. | – 过来瞧瞧 – 他正在找狗 |
[13:08] | – She’s a golden retriever. – Great-looking dog. | – 这是只金毛猎犬 – 非常漂亮的狗狗 |
[13:09] | See, golden retrievers were first bred in Scotland. | 瞧啊 金毛猎犬最先是在英格兰培育的 |
[13:12] | They’re a mix between water spaniels and labradors. | 它们是水猎犬和拉布拉多犬杂交产生的 |
[13:15] | – And, now, the reason they’re called retrievers – Honey. | – 叫它们金毛猎犬 – 亲爱的 |
[13:17] | is because men would go out hunting. | 是因为以前人们需要出去狩猎 |
[13:19] | You see, they would shoot the birds, | 你知道的 他们射击鸟儿后 |
[13:20] | and sometimes the birds would fall into the pond. | 有时候鸟儿会掉入池塘 |
[13:21] | They would need a cool dog | 因此他们就需要一条很酷的 |
[13:23] | to be able to go swim and retrieve them, you see. | 能够游泳并找回猎物的狗 |
[13:25] | – Okay, let’s just slow down for a second, buddy. – OK, well. | – 先别着急 儿子 – 好 |
[13:26] | I want to talk to your mom about this. | 我想和你妈妈谈谈这事 |
[13:27] | – Now, mom, we are looking at dogs. – Dad, dad. Dad, dad, dad. | – 妈妈 我们正在找狗 – 爸 爸 爸 爸 爸 |
[13:29] | We’re thinking about getting a dog. | 我们正在考虑养狗 |
[13:31] | We’re not necessarily getting a dog. | 我们不需要养狗 |
[13:32] | Why wouldn’t we? They’re loyal, | 为什么我不能养狗 它们忠诚 |
[13:33] | and they’re gentle, | 又温和 |
[13:35] | – and they have a whimsical personality. – They’re whimsical. | – 它们拥有古怪的个性 – 它们很古怪 |
[13:37] | And they’re the perfect family companions.I know they’re whimsical. | – 它们是家庭的最佳伙伴 – 我知道它们很古怪 |
[13:38] | – I understand. – They’re whimsical. | – 我了解 – 它们很古怪 |
[13:39] | Dad, this lady and her partner, | 爸爸 这只狗和它的父母 |
[13:41] | they’ve got one left, and they live in Sausalito, | 他们现在只剩这一只了 它们都在索萨利托 |
[13:43] | and they’re open from 12:00 to 3:00 tomorrow. | 明天中午12点到下午3点营业 |
[13:45] | – A dog. – I know. | – 狗 – 我知道 |
[13:47] | – It’s a dog. Yeah. – It’s only 23.6 Miles away | – 是只狗 – 就在I-580西区 |
[13:49] | – on the I-580 west. – Max, listen to mom. Look at me. | – 离这儿只有有23.6英里 – 麦克斯 听妈说 看着我 |
[13:50] | Look at me. Hold on, both of you, for a second. | 看着我 等等 你们两个都暂停一下 |
[13:53] | I never once said, ever… thank you, babe. | 我从来没有说过 谢谢你 宝贝 |
[13:56] | – What did you say? – I never once said | – 你说了什么 – 我从来没说过 |
[13:57] | that we were for sure getting a dog. | 我们一定会养狗 |
[13:58] | Yeah, you said that you and dad talked about getting a dog. | 是的 你说过你和爸爸正在商量养狗 |
[14:00] | – We spoke… – This is it. | – 我们是谈过… – 那就行了 |
[14:01] | This is the one I want. | 我想要这只 |
[14:02] | Dad, ths dog, it’s amazing. | 爸 这只狗真的非常棒 |
[14:05] | We’re getting this dog tomorrow. | 明天我们就要养这只狗 |
[14:06] | – Max. – Yes! | – 麦克斯 – 太好了 |
[14:07] | Oh, my God, Max. Honey. | 我的天啊 麦克斯 亲爱的 |
[14:09] | You know how impossible this is gonna be. | 你知道这有多不可能 |
[14:10] | – I never said… – Now he thinks | – 我从没说过… – 他现在认为 |
[14:12] | we’re getting this dog. | 我们要养这只狗 |
[14:14] | I said that we would talk about it. | 我说过了我们会商量的 |
[14:15] | Now I’m gonna have to go explain to him | 现在我必须得跟他解释 |
[14:17] | that we may not even get a dog. Honey, we just had a baby. | 我们不养狗 亲爱的 我们才生了个孩子 |
[14:19] | – No, I just had a baby, okay? – Apple, apple. | – 不 是我才生了个孩子 – 苹果苹果 |
[14:21] | – I squirted the baby out. – I understand, okay? | – 宝宝是我生的 – 我明白了 好吗 |
[14:22] | – I’m the one. – Can you give her an apple? | – 我才是生孩子那个 – 你能给她拿个苹果吗 |
[14:24] | It’s not an apple. | 这不是苹果 |
[14:25] | – It’s a tomato. – I’ll talk to him. | – 是番茄 – 我会跟他谈谈的 |
[14:26] | I will talk to him. This is my fault. | 我去跟他说 这是我的错 |
[14:27] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:30] | We can still go to Funkytown. | 我们还是可以去质朴小镇 |
[14:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:40] | Okay. | 好了 |
[14:47] | 99.1. He’s not going. | 36.7摄氏度 他不能去上学 |
[14:50] | That’s nothing. | 这无大碍啊 |
[14:51] | Honey, well, he says he’s sick. | 亲爱的 好吧 他说他生病了 |
[14:52] | What do you want me to do? Call him a liar? | 你想要我做什么 要我叫他骗子吗 |
[14:54] | So what are we gonna do, | 那么我们需要做什么 |
[14:56] | let him stay home another day and play video games? | 让他在家再多呆一天玩游戏吗 |
[14:57] | I have meetings for the remodel. | 我要开个改装会议 |
[14:59] | Okay, you go. I’ll stay. | 好吧 你去吧 我留下来 |
[15:01] | – So you’re gonna miss work? – Yeah. | – 你是想失业吗 – 是的 |
[15:02] | If that’s what it takes. | 如果只能那样的话 |
[15:04] | Babe, I honestly think this is one of those moments | 宝贝 我老实地认为现在就是个 |
[15:07] | they talked to us about. | 他们跟我们说话的时刻 |
[15:08] | We need to earn his trust. | 我们需要赢得他的信任 |
[15:09] | He needs to feel loved and supported. | 他需要感受到爱与支持 |
[15:11] | If that means missing a few days of school, | 如果那意味着就要错过几天去上学的话 |
[15:13] | you know, who cares? In the big picture? | 你知道的 谁会在乎 要从长远来看 |
[15:16] | Okay. Big picture. | 好吧 从长远来看 |
[15:18] | – All right? – Mommy. | – 好吗 – 妈妈 |
[15:22] | – Hey. – I don’t feel good. | – 嘿 – 我感觉不舒服 |
[15:24] | I think I got Victor’s bug. | 我想我被维克托传染了 |
[15:27] | My head’s really hurting. | 我的头真的好痛 |
[15:30] | Syd, you’re fine. What is today? | 西德 你根本没病 今天是星期几 |
[15:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:33] | You don’t know? It’s Tuesday. | 你不知道吗 是星期二 |
[15:37] | It’s art class. | 要上艺术课 |
[15:38] | You’re gonna put your smock on, | 把你的罩衫穿上 |
[15:40] | get your hands in the Clay. | 手玩着那些粘土 |
[15:41] | You’re gonna feel so much better, aren’t you? | 你会感觉非常舒服的 不是吗 |
[15:43] | – Let’s go. – Well, I am making a vase. | – 我们走吧 – 好吧 我正在做花瓶 |
[15:45] | You are? | 是吗 |
[15:47] | Oh, my gosh. How big is this vase? | 哦 我的天啊 那个花瓶有多大 |
[15:51] | Do you want another one, honey? | 亲爱的 你还想再吃一个吗 |
[15:53] | – No. – Are they not good? | – 不吃了 – 不好吃吗 |
[15:54] | Raw on the inside again? | 把它放到里面吃吃看 |
[15:55] | – They’re just not… – Yeah, easy, easy. | – 它们只是没有… – 放松 放松 |
[15:59] | Honey, I’m just worried about you. | 亲爱的 我只是担心你 |
[16:01] | – Well, I’m fine, so… – Yeah. | – 我很好 所以… – 好吧 |
[16:03] | Well, it’s tough, you know. Women. | 你知道的 这很难过 女人啊 |
[16:05] | They just… they rip your heart out… | 她们只是… 她们会撕碎你的心 |
[16:06] | – Dad, this is not helpful. – Everybody knows about this? | – 爸 这样说没一点用 – 每人都深有体会吗 |
[16:08] | Dad knows. | 爸知道 |
[16:09] | Stuff it back in, then watch it bleed. | 在抽身离开后 然后看它流血 |
[16:10] | Dad, don’t… that’s not… | 爸 别… 不是那样… |
[16:11] | we’re trying to keep his spirits up. | 我们是在为他加油打气 |
[16:13] | Right. | 好吧 |
[16:14] | Women are great. | 女人很优秀 |
[16:16] | You know, people just sometimes… | 只是人们有时候 |
[16:17] | I don’t need to hear advice about… | 我不需要听这些劝告 |
[16:18] | whoo, they miss each other, | 喔 他们想念对方 |
[16:20] | and it’s gonna be… | 然后一切都会… |
[16:22] | You know, better someday soon. | 总有一天会好起来的 |
[16:25] | Someday. | 总有一天 |
[16:27] | That’s probably Amy right now. | 现在可能就是艾米发来的 |
[16:28] | – “Take me back.” Wow, mom, | – “带我回去” – 够了 妈 |
[16:30] | please stop watching everything I’m doing. | 拜托不要看着我的一举一动 |
[16:33] | It’s not Amy. | 不是艾米发来的 |
[16:33] | It’s some spammer trying to sell me a male enhancement pill | 是垃圾邮件 发送者想让我更有力量 |
[16:37] | for a bigger penis. | 而卖男性增强药给我 |
[16:39] | – Oh, my. – That was what it was. | – 噢 我的 – 这就是短信内容 |
[16:41] | Well, you know, when life gives you lemons. | 人生不如意十之八九 |
[16:44] | Dad. | 爸 |
[16:45] | He could be named cream puff. I like that. | 它可以叫奶油泡芙 我喜欢这个名字 |
[16:48] | Or marshmallow. | 或者叫棉花软糖 |
[16:49] | Dad, we need this dog. | 爸 我们需要这条狗 |
[16:50] | We’re getting this dog right now. | 我们马上养这条狗吧 |
[16:51] | He’s very cute, but remember, Max, | 它非常可爱 但是得记住 麦克斯 |
[16:53] | – we’re just looking. – They’re so cute. | – 我们只是看看而已 – 他们太可爱了 |
[16:54] | – We’re just looking at this point. – I know, | – 我们只是看看 – 我知道 |
[16:55] | – but they’re all so… – Have you ever owned | – 但是它们也… – 你以前 |
[16:56] | – a dog before, sir? – I actually have owned a dog. | – 养过狗吗 先生 – 事实上我养过一条狗 |
[16:59] | I did. I owned a Shih Tzu. | 我养过 一条狮子狗 |
[17:01] | And it got out, but… it got hit by a moving van, | 有次它跑出去玩 但是 它被车撞死了 |
[17:04] | – but it was not my fault. – Honey. | – 但是那不是我的错 – 亲爱的 |
[17:07] | Hey, you can’t housebreak those dogs. | 嘿 你不能让这些狗天天呆家里 |
[17:10] | Right. | 是啊 |
[17:10] | I had a dog when I was a kid, | 我小时候养过狗 |
[17:11] | but now we have a turtle, have a lizard. | 但是现在我养了乌龟 蜥蜴 |
[17:14] | Well, what’s your living situation? | 好吧 你们的生活条件怎样 |
[17:16] | – Excuse me? – Our living situation? | – 你说什么 – 我们的生活条件吗 |
[17:18] | Well, is it a condo? It it an apartment? | 住的是套房 还是公寓 |
[17:19] | What does that have to do with anything? | 这跟那事有什么关系 |
[17:21] | It’s a house with a big yard, | 是一栋带个大院子的住宅 |
[17:22] | – lots of room to run. – Have a yard. | – 有很多活动空间 – 有个院子 |
[17:24] | You are going to show her. | 你要展示给她看 |
[17:25] | Show her what? | 给她看什么 |
[17:28] | You mean, your intent on acquiring one | 你是说 你只是为了得到 |
[17:30] | of these championship stock | 一条优质血统的狗 |
[17:33] | is to turn it into a household pet? | 把它当成家庭宠物吗 |
[17:35] | Yeah, well, it’s a dog, isn’t it? | 是的 它不就是条狗吗 |
[17:39] | No? | 不是吗 |
[17:41] | Honey. Come on. | 亲爱的 过来 |
[17:42] | – What? – Just stop talking. | – 怎么了 – 你别再说话了 |
[17:44] | All right, you know what, | 那好吧 你们知道的 |
[17:45] | let’s just cut to the chase. | 我们就开门见山吧 |
[17:46] | How much do you want for the dog? | 这狗多少钱 |
[17:47] | Well, you’re gonna need | 你们需要 |
[17:48] | some training sessions, | 接受些训练课程 |
[17:50] | of course dietary supplements, | 当然还得学习膳食补充 |
[17:51] | and a travel crate for the show dog. | 还得有个为观赏狗准备旅行箱 |
[17:53] | No, no, no, we just… just the dog. | 不不不 我们只是…只是说狗 |
[17:55] | – How much you want for him? – Hi. | – 它需要多少钱 – 嗨 |
[17:56] | – Well, it’s a her. – Okay. | – 你应该称之为“她” – 好吧 |
[17:57] | Yeah, should we decide that your family | 我们需要决定你的家庭 |
[18:00] | are capable of being good dog owners… | 是有能力成为狗的好主人的… |
[18:02] | We are. | 我们是啊 |
[18:03] | Our Goldens go for $1,200. | 我们的金毛要1200美元 |
[18:05] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[18:06] | – Oh, man. – Okay. Well. | – 天呐 – 好吧 这个… |
[18:08] | All right, dad, let’s do it. | 说定了 爸 我们买下来吧 |
[18:09] | That’s good to know. | 这对我真是个好消息 |
[18:10] | – I think we have to sleep on it. – Come on, dad. | – 我向我们还是明天再说吧 – 快点啊 爸 |
[18:11] | – Let’s do it. – No, Max. | – 我们就要它吧 – 不 麦克斯 |
[18:12] | – We can afford it. We’re rich. – Max. | – 我们买得起 我们很有钱 – 麦克斯 |
[18:14] | – It’s a lot of money. – We’re rich. | – 这是很大一笔钱 – 我们很富有 |
[18:15] | – We’re not rich. – We’re rich. | – 我们没钱 – 我们很有钱 |
[18:16] | – We’re not rich. – We’re very well off. | – 我们很穷的 – 我们生活非常富足 |
[18:18] | Well, I can do a 24-hour hold | 200美元的预交款 |
[18:19] | for a $200 deposit. | 我能维持24小时不卖它 |
[18:21] | And that’s cash or check. | 付现金或支票 |
[18:22] | Mom, write the check right now. | 妈妈 马上签支票吧 |
[18:24] | Mr. Braverman, look, I got to be honest here, | 布雷弗曼先生 听着 我在这里说实话 |
[18:26] | this puppy’s not gonna last long. | 这只小狗不会坚持不了太久 |
[18:28] | Why, is it sick? | 为什么 它生病了吗 |
[18:30] | – No, popular. – Write the check. | – 没有 是很受欢迎 – 快签支票 |
[18:32] | – I’m not writing a check. – Write the check. | – 我才不要签 – 签支票 |
[18:33] | I’m not… Max. | 我不…麦克斯 |
[18:34] | – Write the check. – Adam. | – 签支票 – 亚当 |
[18:35] | – – Write the check. – We’re gonna sleep on it, | – 签支票 – 我们明天再说 |
[18:37] | and we’ll give you a call tomorrow. | 明天我们会给你们回复的 |
[18:38] | It’s a beautiful dog. | 真实值漂亮的狗狗啊 |
[18:39] | – No. – Hi. | – 不行 – 嗨 |
[18:40] | I love Ethiopian food. | 我喜爱埃塞俄比亚人的食物 |
[18:43] | I’ve been wanting to go there. | 我一直想去那儿吃饭 |
[18:45] | Yeah, okay, let me just talk to Crosby, | 行 好的 让我跟克罗斯比谈谈 |
[18:46] | and I’ll call you right back. | 然后再给您回电话 |
[18:48] | Okay, bye. Hey. | 好的拜 嘿 |
[18:50] | Heeey. | 嘿 |
[18:52] | That was Kim checking on dinner for Friday night. | 金来电话问星期五晚饭的事 |
[18:55] | We need to give her an answer. | 我们得给她个回话 |
[18:56] | – Kim? – Yeah. | – 金 – 对 |
[18:57] | Arlo’s mom. | 阿洛的妈妈 |
[18:58] | Friday night’s rough. | 星期五晚上有点困难 |
[18:59] | I don’t want to be in the session | 在整个会话中 我不想变得 |
[19:01] | just staring at my watch the whole time. | 只是一直看着我的手表度过 |
[19:02] | You know, the musicians can kind of sense that. | 音乐家能够感受到那种事 |
[19:04] | Come on. It’ll be fun. | 来吧 很有意思的 |
[19:05] | – Well… – We need couple friends. | – 这个… – 我们需要朋友 |
[19:07] | – Are you sure that’s a need and not a want? – Yes. | – 你确定那是需要的 不是想要去吗 – 是的 |
[19:09] | Okay, look, | 好吧 听我说 |
[19:11] | I can’t commit to Friday. | 我不能承诺星期五的事 |
[19:12] | Maybe… I won’t know until I see how the session’s going. | 或许…直到我知道会议的进度后才能确定 |
[19:15] | Can you maybe check in with them on Friday and tell them? | 在星期五的时候 你或许可以和他们核对一下 然后告诉他们吗 |
[19:17] | Give ’em like 80%? | 给他们80%的承诺 |
[19:20] | – All right. – Okay, thanks. | – 好吧 – 好 谢谢 |
[19:22] | Oh, hey, do you want to hop in? | 嘿 想进来一起洗吗 |
[19:24] | No, your sister’s coming | 不 你姐大概十五分钟之后 |
[19:25] | in, like, 15 minutes to bring Jabbar. | 就会过来接乔巴 |
[19:27] | – 15 minutes? – Yeah. | – 十五分钟 – 没错 |
[19:28] | We can make twins in 15 minutes, honey. | 亲爱的 我们十五分钟生对双胞胎都绰绰有余了 |
[19:31] | – Come on. – That doesn’t turn me on. | – 来吧 – 我对这种方式不感兴趣 |
[19:33] | Oh, all right. | 好吧 |
[19:34] | Well, nice chatting with you. | 和你闲聊很开心 |
[19:36] | You’re getting water everywhere. | 你弄得到处都是水 |
[19:37] | – I’m gonna be in here. – Yeah. | – 我进去了 – 好 |
[19:39] | I was serious, okay? And the idea of an interview | 我是认真的 好吗 去挑狗这个主意 |
[19:42] | about a dog is ridiculous. | 实在是太荒唐了 |
[19:43] | – It’s not. – You know why? | – 不荒唐 – 你知道为什么吗 |
[19:44] | – Why? – Because it’s a dog. | – 为什么 – 因为是为了养只狗 |
[19:46] | It’s not like we’re adopting a baby. | 而不是要去领养一个孩子 |
[19:49] | Right? And we made an agreement. | 好吗 而且我们达成了协议 |
[19:52] | We agreed that we’d take our time with this. | 我们同意 我们会花时间讨论的 |
[19:54] | – You told me what to do. – It’s the first dog we’ve seen. | – 你来告诉我该怎么做 – 那是我们见到的第一只狗 |
[19:56] | – Honey, you told me… – Yes, and then you told Max, | – 亲爱的 是你告诉我… – 是 然后你告诉了麦克斯 |
[19:58] | which completely undermines us making the decision on our own. | 这完全破坏了我们自己做决定的权利 |
[20:01] | – That’s what happened. – Okay. Fine. | – 事情就这么简单 – 好吧 很好 |
[20:03] | You know what, point taken. | 你知道吗 我同意 |
[20:05] | – You’re right about that. – Thank you. | – 这件事上你说的对 – 多谢 |
[20:06] | You’re absolutely right. I did. | 你说的一点没错 我错了 |
[20:07] | But you sabotaged the interview on purpose. | 但你故意破坏了去选狗的那面试 |
[20:09] | – I didn’t sabotage anything. – You went in there, | – 我没有破坏任何事 – 你去了那儿 |
[20:11] | and you acted like you were on board, and you weren’t. Okay? | 你表现得就像是你支持这事 然而你没有 好吗 |
[20:13] | You said that you wanted a dog… | 你说过你想要养条狗 |
[20:14] | I was on board when we first got there. | 我们一去那儿我就已经支持了 |
[20:15] | You wasted everybody’s time. | 你浪费了大家的时间 |
[20:16] | And then the doggy gestapo | 然后小狗管理员 |
[20:18] | started asking me questions | 就开始问我 |
[20:19] | about what kind of a dog owner I’d be. | 我会是个怎样的狗主人 |
[20:21] | You broke your son’s heart. | 你伤了你儿子的心 |
[20:22] | You broke your son’s heart. | 你伤了你儿子的心 |
[20:23] | – I did? – You know, you did. | – 我有吗 – 你心知肚明 |
[20:24] | He loved that dog. | 他喜爱那只狗 |
[20:25] | Did you see the way it was, like, snuggling and nuggling? | 你看到他的样子了吗 对那只狗依偎相加 非常上心 |
[20:27] | Come on, honey, it’s $1,200 for that dog. | 行了亲爱的 那狗要1200美元 |
[20:29] | – $1,200. – So what? | – 1200美元 – 那又怎样呢 |
[20:30] | I know you liked that dog. | 我知道你也喜欢那狗 |
[20:31] | – There are other dogs out there. – It’s a lot of money, | – 那里还有其他的狗 – 我承认那是很大一笔钱 |
[20:33] | but it’s worth it. Okay? | 但是它值得 好吗 |
[20:35] | I’ll do anything… | 我愿意此做任何事 |
[20:36] | – All right. – Within reason | – 好吧 – 只要你的要求 |
[20:37] | – that you ask to get that dog. – All right, honey, fine. | – 在合理的范围内 – 好吧 亲爱的 行 |
[20:39] | You want that dog, fine, we’ll get that dog. | 你想要那只狗 行 我们就要那只狗 |
[20:41] | – Yay! – But you said | – 耶 – 但是刚才你说 |
[20:42] | I’d get anything I want? | 我想要什么都可以吗 |
[20:43] | Anything. I mean, do you want meatballs? | 什么都行 你想要肉丸吗 |
[20:45] | – I’ll make you pasta. – Hey. | – 我可以给你做意大利面 – 嘿 |
[20:47] | – Fagioli. – Kristina. | – 白豆 – 克里斯蒂娜 |
[20:49] | Anything? | 什么都行 |
[20:52] | – Anything. – Anything? | – 什么都行 – 什么都行吗 |
[20:54] | – Like Funkytown? – Yeah. | – 你是想去质朴小镇吗 – 是的 |
[20:56] | – Anything I want. – Okay. | – 你说的我想要的什么都行 – 好吧 |
[20:58] | Except… yeah, I will do Funkytown, but I’m not gonna do | 除了… 好吧 我会去质朴小镇 但是我不会 |
[21:01] | that one thing that you like to do, ’cause it hurts. | 做你想做的事 因为那太受伤了 |
[21:02] | What are you talking about? You said anything. | 你到底在说什么 是你说的什么都行嘛 |
[21:04] | – Hold on, hold on. – Is that Haddie? | – 等会 等会 – 是海蒂打来的吗 |
[21:06] | – Hello. – Who is it? | – 你好 – 是谁啊 |
[21:07] | It’s the lady. | 是那位女士 |
[21:09] | Yes, this is Kristina. | 是的 我是克里斯蒂娜 |
[21:10] | – Tell her $900. – No. | – 告诉我给她900美元 – 不行 |
[21:11] | Hi. Yes, of course. Thank you. | 嗨 是的 当然 谢谢你 |
[21:17] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:19] | I understand. Thank you for calling. | 我理解 谢谢你打过来 |
[21:24] | They sold the dog. | 狗已经被卖掉了 |
[21:29] | – So…Funkytown? – So… | – 那…质朴小镇呢 所以 |
[21:33] | No? | 不去了吗 |
[21:37] | Hey guys, wake up! | 大家起床了 |
[21:39] | Wake up! | 起来 |
[21:40] | Max, stop. | 麦克斯 住手 |
[21:41] | Wake up. | 起来 |
[21:42] | Come on. Wake up. | 快点起来 |
[21:44] | Max, we’re asleep! | 麦克斯 我们正在睡觉 |
[21:45] | I made a list of all the reasons | 我列了一张清单 上面有所有我们 |
[21:47] | why we need that dog. All right? | 需要那只狗的原因 好吗 |
[21:49] | – Honey. – Number one: | – 亲爱的 – 第一 |
[21:50] | Dogs, they’re fun. They just are. | 狗很有趣 真的很有趣 |
[21:52] | Number two: Dogs teach responsibility. | 第二 狗教会我们富有责任心 |
[21:56] | Reason number three: The dog has been screened | 原因三 那狗是被筛选 |
[21:58] | and certified. Now I don’t know | 和认证了的 我不知道现在 |
[21:59] | – why that’s so amazing. – They sold the dog. | – 为什么它那么棒了 – 她们已经把狗卖掉了 |
[22:01] | The web site made it out to be good. | 网站挂出来的肯定是很好的 |
[22:04] | What? | 什么 |
[22:05] | Babe, they sold the dog. | 宝贝 她们已经把狗卖了 |
[22:07] | I talked to the lady last night. | 昨晚我和那位女士通过话了 |
[22:08] | I talked to the… listen… listen to me. | 我跟…听着 听我说 |
[22:11] | – Don’t get upset. – No, you guys said | – 别失望 – 不 你们说过的 |
[22:13] | – you would sleep on it, – Buddy. | – 你们第二天再说 – 儿子 |
[22:14] | – and you slept on it. – I knew this was gonna happen, honey. | – 你们就得今天解决它 – 我就知道这会发生的 亲爱的 |
[22:15] | – And now I want that dog! – Max, take it easy. | – 我现在就要那只狗 – 麦克斯 冷静 |
[22:18] | I understand you want the dog. | 我理解你想要那只狗的心情 |
[22:19] | This is one of those things in life | 这是生活中其中一件 |
[22:20] | you’re just gonna have to deal with, Max. | 你必须要学会容忍的事 麦克斯 |
[22:21] | – Honey,I got to take a shower. – Somebody else had a hold on it, | – 亲爱的 我去洗个澡 – 有人已经把它买走了 |
[22:23] | okay? | 好吗 |
[22:24] | And they called first. | 而且是他们先打的电话 |
[22:25] | – Where are you going? – No. No. | – 你要去哪儿 – 不行 不行 |
[22:27] | – Are you kidding me? – I have to take a shower. | – 你在跟我开玩笑吗 – 我得去冲个澡啊 |
[22:28] | – This is unfair! – I can’t believe | – 这不公平 – 我简直不能相信 |
[22:29] | – you’re leaving me right now. – Everybody, chill… | – 你立马就留我一人 – 各位 冷静点 |
[22:31] | it’s on the calendar. You can check it out. | 这是日程安排好了的 你可以去核对一下 |
[22:32] | I knew this was gonna happen. | 我就知道这会发生 |
[22:33] | – Adam. – It isn’t fair! | – 亚当 – 这不公平 |
[22:35] | – Oh, my God. – Dad, you said. | – 天啊 – 爸 你说过的 |
[22:37] | Adam, are you kidding me right now? | 亚当 你现在是在耍我吗 |
[22:38] | Please come back here. | 你快过来 |
[22:39] | – I have to take a shower. – We’re still discussing this. | – 我必须得洗个澡 – 我们要讨论这件事 |
[22:40] | – I should have just said no in the first place. – Max. | – 我本该从一开始就坚决反对这事的 – 麦克斯 |
[22:42] | There will be other dogs. | 还会有别的狗的 |
[22:43] | I promise you that, and I will make sure | 我向你保证 而且我确定 |
[22:45] | – that you get… – No, we need to get that dog. | – 你会拥有… – 不 我们需要的是那只狗 |
[22:46] | – Sweetie. – We need to get that dog. | – 亲爱的 – 我们就要那只狗 |
[22:48] | The dog is taken. | 那条狗已经被卖了 |
[22:49] | – Calm down. Adam! – No, we’re going right now… | – 冷静一下 亚当 – 不 我们马上去那儿… |
[22:50] | – To tell them they made a mistake. – Really? Really? | – 得告诉他们 是他们弄错了 – 真的吗 你真就不管了吗 |
[22:53] | When I was your age, | 我在你这么大的时候 |
[22:55] | my parents made me go to swim team. | 我父母就把我送进了游泳队 |
[22:57] | Ooh, I hated it. | 哦 我真不喜欢游泳 |
[22:58] | I had to get up at 6:00 A.M. Every morning. | 早上六点我就必须得起床 而且是每天 |
[23:01] | But they made me go, and I’m glad that I did, | 但是他们坚持让我去 我也欣慰我这样做了 |
[23:04] | because now I’m a really good swimmer. | 因为我现在是位很棒的游泳员 |
[23:06] | – Right, Syd? – Yup. Remember that one time | – 西德 对吧 – 没错 你还记得有一次 |
[23:08] | you came to my swim class and you almost drownded me? | 你来我的游泳课 然后差点淹死我吗 |
[23:11] | Yes, I remember that, | 是的 我记得 |
[23:13] | but you didn’t drown, ’cause you were such a strong swimmer. | 但是你没被淹啊 因为你是个坚强的游泳员 |
[23:15] | That was great. You learned. | 那真是太棒了 你学会了游泳 |
[23:17] | Okay, let’s go, guys. | 好了 快去上学吧 |
[23:18] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[23:22] | Come on. Aren’t you coming? | 来吧 你不一起来吗 |
[23:25] | It’s okay. You can walk in with Sydney. | 没关系 你可以和西德妮一起进去 |
[23:27] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[23:29] | Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[23:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:37] | Victor, you have to go to school. | 维克托 你必须得去学校 |
[23:39] | You can’t miss three days in a row. | 你不能连着三天都不去上课 |
[23:41] | My stomach still hurts. | 我肚子还是不舒服 |
[23:48] | Sydney, go in. Okay, sweetie? | 西德妮 你先进去 亲爱的 好吗 |
[23:51] | – Okay. – Okay. | – 好 – 很好 |
[23:55] | Victor, I know a new school can be scary. | 维克托 我知道新学校会很可怕 |
[24:00] | And I know that it might still be scary living with us. | 我也知道你还感到和我们一起生活很害怕 |
[24:06] | But I need you to be brave for me, okay? | 但是我需要你为了我变得勇敢 好吗 |
[24:10] | I need you to do this. | 我需要你这么做 |
[24:19] | Honey. | 亲爱的 |
[24:21] | Okay, I will stay right here. | 我会一直在这儿 |
[24:26] | You go to school, | 你去上学 |
[24:27] | but, if you need me, if you need anything, | 但是如果你需要我 如果你需要什么 |
[24:29] | I’ll be right here. | 我就在这儿 |
[24:31] | – All day? – All day. | – 一整天吗 – 一整天 |
[24:36] | – You swear? – Do you know pinky swear? | – 你发誓吗 – 你知道拉钩发誓吗 |
[24:43] | Ugh, well, that just makes me hate her. | 那让我感到讨厌她 |
[24:46] | I mean, you know, I don’t hate her. | 我的意思是 我本来不讨厌她的 |
[24:48] | She’s a very nice girl, but, I mean, | 她是个很棒的女孩子 但是 我是想说 |
[24:49] | I just hate her. | 我只是讨厌她 |
[24:51] | That’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[24:52] | He just sat all by himself? | 他就那么整天坐着吗 |
[24:54] | Oh,my God,well,I guess,what is she supposed to do?You know, | 哦 天啊 她该做点什么呢 |
[24:56] | I mean, what does he have now, calculus? | 我是说 他现在还有什么呢 微积分吗 |
[24:59] | Okay. All right. | 行 那好吧 |
[25:01] | Keep an eye out. Call me in an hour. | 多留意些 一个小时后再打给我 |
[25:03] | Okay. Love you too. | 恩 我也爱你 |
[25:04] | Bye. Oh, my God. | 拜 哦 天呐 |
[25:07] | Horrible. Drew’s having a miserable day. | 太可怕了 德鲁过了悲惨的一天 |
[25:09] | – Mm-hmm. – Thank God | – 嗯哼 – 谢天谢地 |
[25:11] | my fiance is there, you know, to keep an eye out for him. | 幸好我的未婚夫跟他在一起 还能盯着他点 |
[25:13] | Yeah, that’s not weird at all. | 是啊 一点都不尴尬 |
[25:16] | It’s not weird. Why is it weird? | 不尴尬啊 为什么尴尬 |
[25:17] | – It’s odd. – Why? | – 这太奇怪了 – 为什么 |
[25:20] | Whatever. That’s all right. Let’s go. | 无所谓了 怎么都行 我们开始干正事吧 |
[25:21] | No, no, please, what’s weird about it? | 不不拜托了 你得告诉我哪里尴尬了 |
[25:23] | I’d like your opinion. Can you just tell me? | 我想听听你的意见 能和我说说吗 |
[25:25] | Boy, oh, boy. | 男孩子啊男孩子 |
[25:26] | – Look, I would love a man’s opinion. – You know. | – 我更愿意听听一个男人的意见 – 你知道吗 |
[25:28] | There’s a guy who worked for me for two years. | 之前有个家伙在我这工作了两年 |
[25:31] | He never said anything. | 他从来不透露什么 |
[25:33] | I didn’t know anything about his personal life. | 我对他的私生活一无所知 |
[25:35] | I didn’t even know he was married. | 甚至都不知道他已经结婚了 |
[25:37] | I miss that guy. | 我想念那家伙 |
[25:38] | Well, I’m not that guy. | 好吧 我不是那个人 |
[25:41] | Bernie. | 叫伯尼 |
[25:43] | I’m sorry I’m not Bernie, | 抱歉我不是伯尼 |
[25:45] | but can’t you just tell me your opinion? | 但是你能告诉我你的意见吗 |
[25:47] | You want to know my opinion? I think you’re being an idiot. | 你真想知道我的建议 我觉得你是个傻瓜 |
[25:50] | Wow. Okay. | 好吧 |
[25:51] | That’s constructive. | 真是有建设性的意见啊 |
[25:53] | – No, you are. – Okay. Why? | – 不 你就是傻瓜 – 好吧 为什么 |
[25:55] | Your son got dumped, and you’re all over him. | 你儿子被甩了 你整个精力全都都投注到他身上 |
[25:58] | You’re fawning over him. | 你一个劲的讨好他 |
[25:59] | – I care. I’m interested. – “Oh, it’ll be okay. | – 因为我在乎 对此上心 – 哦 没事的 |
[26:01] | Doodlepuss, don’t worry.” | 小猫咪 别担心啊 |
[26:02] | I’m not gonna call him Doodlepuss. | 我是不会叫他小猫咪的 |
[26:03] | I’m worried, and he’s in pain. | 我很担心他现在备受煎熬 |
[26:05] | – I’m his mother. – Of course he’s in pain. | – 我可是他妈妈啊 – 他当然会痛苦了 |
[26:06] | Of course. Women… | 当然了 女人啊 |
[26:07] | women are conniving soul-crushers, | 女人就是灵魂压榨机 |
[26:10] | and, if he realizes that, he’ll be okay. | 如果他明白了这一点 他就会没事 |
[26:13] | – He has a chance. – Oh, my God. | – 他现在就有一个机会 – 天呐 |
[26:15] | Somebody did not get invited to prom. | 某人没被邀请参加过舞会 |
[26:16] | I did get invited to prom. | 我被邀请了 |
[26:18] | – No. Really? – That’s right. I was prom king. | – 怎么可能 真的吗 – 没错 我曾是舞会国王 |
[26:19] | – No, you weren’t. – I was prom king, | – 不 你才没有呢 – 我真是舞会国王 |
[26:21] | I got laid, the whole deal. | 而且我还跟人上床了 |
[26:22] | All right. You know why? | 好吧 你知道为什么吗 |
[26:24] | ‘Cause I was cool. I drove a Honda CX 500. | 因为我很酷 我开着辆本田CX 500 |
[26:26] | I listened to the dead instead of disco. | 我听着死亡旋律而不是迪斯科 |
[26:28] | I sold pot out of the back of Joey Nichols’ car, | 我在乔伊·尼克尔斯的车后面卖壶 |
[26:31] | and we made a lot of money, | 并且赚了一大笔钱 |
[26:32] | and my mother never even met my girlfriends, | 而且我的母亲从来没有见过我的女朋友 |
[26:35] | much less gave me dating advice. | 更不用说给我约会箴言了 |
[26:37] | I would have laughed at her. | 因为如果那样我会笑她的 |
[26:38] | So I should tell drew to, wait, get a motorcycle | 所以我需要告诉德鲁 给他弄辆摩托车 |
[26:42] | and sell pot, and that’ll make him feel better? | 然后卖着壶 那样他就感觉好些了吗 |
[26:45] | – No, it’s simpler than that. – Well, what should he do? | – 不 这比那简单多了 – 那他应该做些什么 |
[26:47] | You know what he should do? | 你知道他要做什么吗 |
[26:48] | He should sleep with her best friend. | 他应该和她女朋友最好的闺蜜睡 |
[26:49] | ‘Cause that she’ll take notice of. | 因为她会注意到德鲁 |
[26:52] | ‘Cause she’s gonna do it to him. | 因为她也会这样对他 |
[26:54] | That’s just the thing. She’s gonna do it to him. | 这就是事实 她会这和他睡的 |
[26:55] | So get there first… | 所以捷足先登 |
[26:56] | and you see? | 看到了吗 |
[26:58] | See, you asked my opinion, | 你看 是你要问我建议的 |
[27:00] | and then this happens. | 然后就这样了 |
[27:01] | And that didn’t happen with Bernie. | 那不会发生在伯尼身上 |
[27:03] | Why did you ask me, though? | 那你还问我做什么 |
[27:05] | What are you doing? Where are you going? | 你在做什么 你要去哪儿 |
[27:08] | I… | 我… |
[27:11] | Am gonna go get some coffee. | 要去喝点咖啡 |
[28:08] | Hey, beauty. | 嘿 美女 |
[28:09] | Hey. Where’s Jabbar? | 嘿 乔巴呢 |
[28:11] | I don’t know. I just got here. | 不太清楚 我刚才到家呢 |
[28:13] | – Jabbar? – Wait, you didn’t get him? | – 乔巴 – 等等 你没去接他妈 |
[28:15] | What, no, you were gonna get him? | 什么 没有啊 你没去接他 |
[28:16] | You were supposed to get him. I told you I had a class. | 你才该去接他的 我告诉过你我有课 |
[28:19] | No, no, no, you didn’t tell me that. | 没有没有没有 你没告诉我这个 |
[28:20] | Yes, I did. You said you had it covered. | 我说了 你说你都搞定了 |
[28:23] | Oh, my gosh, you’re right. I did. | 天呐 你说得对 我是说了 |
[28:24] | I’m so sorry. Um, I should have… | 抱歉 我本来该… |
[28:27] | what? Put it in a freakin’ calendar? | 怎么着 放进该死的日程提醒你吗 |
[28:28] | What a notion. | 想法可真好啊 |
[28:30] | Whoa, hey, hey. Stop sign, stop sign. | 嘿嘿 停车标志停车标志 |
[28:32] | You know what? I know you think it’s so uncool | 你知道什么 我知道你觉得啥事都要来安排 |
[28:35] | and everything to have a schedule, but, guess what? | 非常不酷 但是 你猜怎么着 |
[28:36] | That’s what people do. They organize their lives | 那是人们所要做的 他们组织他们的生活 |
[28:38] | so crap likes this doesn’t happen! | 这样的事情也不要发生了 |
[28:40] | – The school’s right here. – I know where his school is! | – 学校在这儿 – 我知道他学校的位置 |
[28:42] | Okay, well, listen, you’re freaking out, | 好了 听着 你在发脾气 |
[28:45] | and he’s just sitting in school. It’s not a big deal. | 他就在学校坐着 又不是什么大事 |
[28:46] | You left our child in school. That’s a big deal. | 你把我们的孩子丢在了学校 这事很严重 |
[28:48] | I think you’re overreacting just a little bit. | 我认为你有点反应过度了 |
[28:50] | Don’t tell me I’m overreacting. | 别跟我说那种事 |
[28:51] | You’re blowing through stop signs. | 你在无视停止标志 |
[28:53] | – You know what? – You’re locking up the brakes | – 你知道吗 – 在我们进儿子学校之前 |
[28:54] | – as we pull into our son’s… – I tried. | – 你该把手刹放下 – 我试过了 |
[28:55] | I tried to be all “Go with the flow” | 我试过去紧随潮流 |
[28:57] | and play it by ear | 试过随机应变 |
[28:58] | and not be controlling, because I know | 灵活多变 因为我知道 |
[29:00] | you had a problem with that before. | 在那之前你就对此有异议 |
[29:01] | But, you know what, I can deal | 但是你知道吗 我能解决 |
[29:02] | with you blowing off our friends for dinner, | 你无视和我们的朋友一起吃晚饭这事 |
[29:04] | but I can’t deal with you leaving my child at school. | 但是我没法处理你把孩子忘在学校 |
[29:05] | Is that what this is about? | 就为这破事 |
[29:06] | Because I didn’t go to dinner | 因为我没去 |
[29:07] | with Kim and whatever the guy’s name is? | 和金吃饭 管他叫什么名字 |
[29:09] | You wouldn’t commit, so they made other plans. | 你没保证要去 所以他们做了别的安排 |
[29:11] | I can’t control work, okay? | 我没法掌控工作 好吗 |
[29:12] | I gave you an 80% commitment. | 我给了你80%的承诺 |
[29:14] | And you’re 100% ass. You think everybody’s supposed | 你是个100%的蠢蛋 你认为每个人应该 |
[29:16] | – to wait for you… – What? | – 等着你 – 什么 |
[29:20] | – Hi. – We are so sorry. | – 嗨 – 我们实在非常抱歉 |
[29:23] | Where…Where were you? | 你们…你们去哪儿了 |
[29:24] | – There was a mix-up with her calendar. – Sorry, sweetie. | – 她的日程安排非常混乱 – 对不起 儿子 |
[29:26] | And then… | 然后… |
[29:30] | Won’t happen again, though. Sorry. | 不会再有下次了 抱歉 |
[29:31] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:32] | Sorry, buddy. We’ll make it up to you. | 抱歉 宝贝 我会补偿你的 |
[29:37] | Anyway, so this disco | 无论如何 所以这个迪斯科舞曲 |
[29:40] | well, let me back up, ’cause I think it’s important | 我先倒个带 因为我认为让你明白 |
[29:42] | you understand how amazing this girl was. | 这是个多么厉害女孩是非常重要 |
[29:45] | What do you mean? Like how? | 你是什么意思 比如 |
[29:46] | Well, girl’s not even the word. | 女孩甚至都没有这个词 |
[29:47] | – Woman. You know what I mean? – Yeah. | – 女人才有 你知道我的意思吗 – 知道 |
[29:51] | Just a gorgeous rack, beautiful legs. | 女人只是一个华丽的架 拥有美秀美的双腿 |
[29:54] | And just funny. Funny and smart. | 聪明 聪明又风趣 |
[29:58] | Smarter than me. Hell of a lot smarter than me, | 比我聪明 比我聪明多了 |
[29:59] | which is saying something. | 这就说明了一些问题 |
[30:01] | – Yeah. – So what happened, | – 是啊 – 在她甩了你后 |
[30:04] | you know, after she dumped you? | 发生了什么吗 |
[30:07] | I was a mess. | 一塌糊涂 |
[30:08] | I thought my life was over. | 我觉得我的人生完了 |
[30:10] | I started going to the gallery that she worked at, | 我开始去她曾工作过的画廊 |
[30:12] | and I pretended like I was interested in art, | 我假装得我很懂画似的 |
[30:14] | which just made it even worse. | 结果把情况弄得更遭 |
[30:17] | And then I wrote her a song. | 然后我写了首歌 |
[30:20] | I can only imagine. | 我只能想象了 |
[30:22] | How’d that go over? | 你是怎么翻过这道坎的 |
[30:23] | That wasn’t good. That was a disaster. | 感觉不好 简直是个灾难 |
[30:25] | I knew two chords, and both of them were minor. | 我知道有两根琴弦 它们都是不重要的 |
[30:28] | Yeah, the sad e-minor. It always works. | 是啊 悲伤的E小调 听那个很有用 |
[30:30] | It was sad. See, you know music, right? | 曲调很悲伤 你懂音乐对吧 |
[30:32] | Kind of. My dad was a musician, but… | 一点而已 我爸爸是音乐人 但是 |
[30:36] | Well, I made a tape, and then I left it on her car. | 我做了份磁带 然后我把它留在了她的车上 |
[30:40] | And, uh, never heard from her again. | 然后我再也没有过她的消息了 |
[30:42] | To this day. | 一直到现在 |
[30:45] | What, so is that the whole story? | 这就是整个故事吗 |
[30:47] | Yeah, that’s the whole story. | 是的 这就是全部 |
[30:48] | She dumped me, she left, it sucked. | 她甩了我 她走了 糟糕透顶 |
[30:51] | 30 years later, I’m still mad as hell. | 30年后 我仍然很愤怒 |
[30:54] | Here’s the thing. | 事实是 |
[30:56] | Two things. One: | 两点 一是 |
[30:58] | Happy endings, it’s, uh, it’s a myth. | 初恋会开花结果 这是一个误区 |
[31:00] | It’s… you know, maybe. | 你知道的 或许能走到最后 |
[31:02] | Great. Yeah. | 很好 嗯 |
[31:04] | You’re never gonna understand women. | 女人心海底针 永远弄不明 |
[31:08] | – Never. – Yeah. | – 永远懂不了 – 是啊 |
[31:10] | No, never, never, never. | 不 是永远永远永远懂不了 |
[31:11] | Yeah, I know. | 嗯 我知道 |
[31:14] | And three… | 第三点 |
[31:17] | It’s okay to be sad. | 伤心难过也很正常 |
[31:21] | It’s okay. | 很正常 |
[31:23] | – Hi. – Mama. | – 嗨 – 妈妈 |
[31:25] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[31:26] | “Mama”? | 妈妈 |
[31:27] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们在聊什么 |
[31:29] | Nothing. Just… I don’t know. | 没什么 就是 我不知道 |
[31:33] | – What? – I don’t know. Talking. | – 怎么了 – 我不知道 只是聊天而已 |
[31:35] | – Talking? – Yeah. Talking. | – 聊天吗 – 是的 聊天 |
[31:37] | – To him? – Yes, to him. Yeah. | – 和他吗 – 是的 跟他 没错 |
[31:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[31:46] | What are you guys doing? | 你们在做什么呢 |
[31:48] | Just playing with our rings. | 只是在和我们的圆环玩 |
[31:51] | – Green. – Is everything all right? | – 绿色的 – 一切都好吗 |
[31:53] | I didn’t hear back from you today. | 今天你一天都没回复我信息 |
[31:54] | – I left you a bunch of voice mails. – Yeah, everything’s fine. | – 我给你发了一大堆语音邮件 – 一切都很好 |
[31:55] | Mmm, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:57] | – I’m good. – Listen, honey, can we talk? | – 我很好 – 听着 亲爱的 我们能谈谈吗 |
[31:59] | Honey, my phone was out of batteries. | 亲爱的 我的手机没电了 |
[32:01] | – I just had to charge it. – Yeah, right. | – 我只是拿去充电了 – 好吧 |
[32:05] | So what are you doing? | 你这是干什么 |
[32:07] | Can we just talk for a second, honey? | 亲爱的 我们能谈谈吗 |
[32:08] | We’re fine. We’re totally fine. | 我们关系很好 一切都很好 |
[32:10] | Listen, when you pretend that your phone isn’t charged, | 听着 当你假装手机没电时 |
[32:12] | we’re clearly not fine. | 显而易见的我们有矛盾了 |
[32:13] | Adam, you left this morning. | 亚当 今早你走了 |
[32:14] | Max screamed at me for 45 minutes, okay? | 麦克斯朝我叫嚷了45分钟 好吗 |
[32:17] | – You just left. – I’m not trying to blame you. I know I did, | – 你就那么离开了 我不是想责怪你 我知道我那么做了 |
[32:19] | – and I’m sorry for that. – Okay,I know that I’m a little freaked out. | – 我很抱歉 – 好吧 我是有点吓坏了 |
[32:21] | I’m sad, you know? | 我很伤心 你知道吗 |
[32:25] | I miss Haddie, and I’m just a little emotional. | 我想念海蒂 我只是有点闹情绪 |
[32:28] | I’m acting like a brat. I’m sorry. | 我表现得就像个孩子 抱歉 |
[32:30] | – Just it’s… – Hey, I’m freaked out too. | – 只是… – 嘿 我也吓坏了 |
[32:35] | And it’s funny, ’cause there were these days | 这很有趣 因为这些天 |
[32:37] | when I felt like, “Just go already, Haddie. | 当我觉得 “快去吧 海蒂” |
[32:40] | Get on a plane.” | “快上飞机” |
[32:42] | Now the day’s come and gone, | 日子来来去去 |
[32:43] | and there is this hole. | 心里就有个洞 |
[32:48] | It’s like there’s a piece missing. | 就像是丢了什么 |
[32:50] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:51] | We did everything together. | 我们俩什么事都一起做 |
[32:53] | It was, like, she was my buddy, you know? | 她就好像是我最好的朋友一样 你知道吗 |
[32:58] | Well, listen, I don’t know if we can replace Haddie with a puppy. | 好吧 听着 我不清楚是否我们能用只小狗来代替海蒂 |
[33:03] | You don’t think? | 你不清楚吗 |
[33:06] | – Mama, mama, mama. – I know. | – 妈妈妈妈妈妈 – 我知道 |
[33:08] | Dada, dada. | 爸爸爸爸 |
[33:09] | – I know. – Dada, dada. | – 我知道 – 爸爸爸爸 |
[33:11] | – Can you say puppy? – But I’m willing to try. | – 你能说说小狗吗 – 但是我会努力去做的 |
[33:12] | – Mama, mama, mama. – How? | – 妈妈妈妈妈妈 – 怎么做 |
[33:14] | – I’ll get a puppy. – You’ll get a puppy? | – 我要养只狗 – 你要养只狗吗 |
[33:16] | Nora, you want to get a puppy? | 诺拉 你想养只狗吗 |
[33:26] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[33:27] | – Hey. – What you doing? | – 嘿 – 你在干什么呢 |
[33:29] | Nothing, just… | 没什么 就是… |
[33:33] | Yes. | 没错 |
[33:34] | – No. – It’s so sad. | – 别啊 – 太悲催了 |
[33:36] | Don’t do it to yourself. | 别这么对自己 |
[33:37] | – I’m sorry. – Get off that thing. | – 抱歉 – 别再去想这事儿了 |
[33:39] | Listen, I, um… I just wanted to ask you | 听着 我…我只是想问问你 |
[33:44] | what your conversation with Hank was. | 你和汉克的聊天的内容是什么 |
[33:47] | – What do you mean? – I know you don’t want to talk to me about | – 你什么意思 – 我知道你不想 |
[33:50] | Amy, and I totally understand, | 跟我谈论艾米 我也完全理解 |
[33:52] | but, um, Hank, | 但是 汉克 |
[33:54] | not your guy, I don’t think. | 不是你朋友 我不觉得是 |
[33:56] | He seems like a nice enough guy | 他看起来人是很不错 |
[33:58] | and everything, but he’s a deeply weird, | 但他这人很非常古怪 |
[34:00] | troubled person with very frightening views on women. | 不太正常 而且他对女性看法很可怕 |
[34:04] | – Oh, my gosh. – And, I, uh… | – 天呐 – 而且我… |
[34:05] | I noticed you guys talking. | 我注意到你们谈过话了 |
[34:07] | He literally just told me, like, it’s okay to be sad. | 他就是告诉我 那个….伤心是很正常的 |
[34:11] | Stuff like that. | 就这之类的话 |
[34:13] | That’s what he said? | 他说的是这些吗 |
[34:19] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[34:21] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[34:24] | All right, well, I’m gonna get back. | 就这样吧 我继续上网了 |
[34:26] | I just bought some razor blades. | 我刚买了些刀片 |
[34:28] | Don’t even joke about that. | 别再开那种玩笑了 |
[34:30] | – Mom, please, come on. – It’s so upsetting. | – 妈 拜托 别这样 – 你担心死我了 |
[34:32] | You have sleeping pills, right? | 你有安眠药 是吧 |
[34:33] | Stop it! Don’t even talk like that. | 别说了 不许再说那种话了 |
[34:35] | I’m having trouble sleeping. | 我现在真的失眠了 |
[34:37] | – No, no. – Just get me a few. | – 不 不行 – 就给我一点 |
[34:38] | – Stop it. – Mom. | – 别说了 – 妈 |
[34:39] | It’s not a funny joke! | 这个笑话一点都不好笑 |
[34:49] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[34:52] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[34:53] | I’m, uh, just catching up on some stuff. | 我在…只是在赶些东西 |
[34:57] | At 3:00 in the morning? | 凌晨三点钟都还要赶吗 |
[34:58] | Well, I didn’t go to work today. | 我今天没去上班 |
[35:03] | Huh? | 什么 |
[35:04] | I was dropping the kids off at school, | 我在学校正要送孩子们下车的时候 |
[35:06] | and Victor, you know, he didn’t want to go. | 维克托 他不愿意下车 |
[35:11] | He just… it was like he couldn’t get out of the car. | 他就是…就好像是他不能下车一样 |
[35:15] | Okay, so he didn’t go again. | 好吧 所以他又没去上学 |
[35:17] | No, he did go to school. | 不是的 他去上学了 |
[35:19] | But I told him that, if he went in, | 但是我告诉他 如果他进去上学 |
[35:23] | that I would stay outside. | 我就会待在外面 |
[35:29] | All day? | 一整天吗 |
[35:30] | I know. It sounds ridiculous. | 我知道 这听起来很荒谬 |
[35:31] | But you should have seen him. | 但是你真应该看看他 |
[35:35] | The whole time that he’s been here, | 他在那儿的整个过程 |
[35:37] | he’s been so tough. | 他是那么的艰难 |
[35:39] | But I looked in his eyes, | 但是我从他的眼里看出 |
[35:41] | and he was so scared. | 他是那么的恐惧 |
[35:43] | And it just made me remember that he’s a little boy. | 这只是让我想起他还只是个小孩子 |
[35:45] | I couldn’t leave him like that, and I’m sorry. | 我不能就那样离开 我很抱歉 |
[35:49] | I know we have to put some discipline there | 我知道我们必须让他遵守一些规矩 |
[35:52] | and e stablish some boundaries, but I couldn’t, you know. | 给他设立些限制 但那种时候我不能那么做 |
[36:04] | You’re amazing. | 你很了不起 |
[36:09] | I didn’t screw it up? | 我没把事情搞砸吗 |
[36:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:22] | You’re working so hard on this, honey. | 你应经很努力了 亲爱的 |
[36:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[36:29] | Max, it’s a big day. You excited? | 麦克斯 今天是这个大日子 你激动吗 |
[36:31] | Puppy time. | 小狗时间 |
[36:32] | – Puppy time. – Yeah. Why…why do we have to wait till 4:00? | – 小狗时间 – 我知道 可…可为什么我们必须要等到四点钟才行 |
[36:35] | – I wanna go earlier. – Honey, that was my coffee. | – 我想早点去 – 亲爱的 那是我的咖啡 |
[36:36] | – We can go. – Sorry, thank you. | – 我们可以早点去 – 抱歉 谢了 |
[36:38] | But dad’s gonna have to pick you up | 但是今天得让爸爸去接你 |
[36:38] | because I have a doctor appointment. | 因为我跟医生有个预约 |
[36:40] | So I’ll just meet you guys there. | 所以我们在那里等你们 |
[36:41] | – Well, I have names. – Okay, let’s hear ’em. | – 我想好名字了 – 好吧 说给我们听听 |
[36:43] | All right, for a boy, I like bear or Charlie or scout. | 好吧 雄性狗我喜欢叫它小熊 查利 或者侦察兵 |
[36:46] | Ooh, I like scout. | 我喜欢侦察兵这个名字 |
[36:47] | – And for a girl, for a girl, I like lady – I think scout is really cool. | – 雌性狗的话 雌狗就叫她夫人 – 我觉得侦察兵这名字听起来很酷 |
[36:50] | – or ginger. – Ginger. | – 或者金吉尔 – 金吉尔 |
[36:52] | – Right. No ginger. – Bachelor party. | – 好吧 不能叫金吉尔 – 单身聚会 |
[36:53] | Not at all. Not even close. | 不行 绝对不行 |
[36:54] | – How about… – Ginger’s good. | – 那叫做… – 金吉尔不错啊 |
[36:55] | It’s scout. | 肯定是侦察兵 |
[36:56] | – How about Buster? – What time are you picking us up? | – 叫巴斯特怎么样 – 你几点来接我们 |
[36:57] | 3:00 on the nose. | 三点钟准时去接(在鼻子上) |
[36:58] | – What does a nose have anything to do with it? 3:00. | – 鼻子跟这有什么关系 – 下午3点 |
[37:01] | – On the hour. – All right. | – 3点整去接你们 – 那好 |
[37:03] | Max, a dog is in the house. | 麦克斯 家里有条狗了 |
[37:04] | – No, it’s not. – Figuratively. | – 不 还没有 – 差不多有了 |
[37:06] | A dog is in the house. Give me five. | 家里有条狗了 来跟我击个掌 |
[37:07] | No, unless you guys went out last night… | 不 除非你们昨晚出去… |
[37:09] | a dog is going to be in the house. | 家里将有条狗 |
[37:10] | – All right. – Okay, just… | – 那好吧 – 好吧 那就… |
[37:11] | – Yes! – Yes. | – 太好了 -太好了 |
[37:20] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[37:21] | – Hey. – How you doing? | – 嘿 – 你好吗 |
[37:23] | – You feeling all right? – Yeah. | – 你感觉还好吗 – 还好 |
[37:25] | Why did you do that yesterday? | 你昨天为什么那么做 |
[37:28] | Why did I stay at school, you mean? | 你是说为什么我要待在学校吗 |
[37:30] | Yeah. | 对 |
[37:33] | Um, well, you know, | 嗯 你知道的 |
[37:37] | in this family, when we say | 在这个家里 当我们说 |
[37:38] | we’re gonna do something, we do it. | 我们要做什么 我们就一定会去做的 |
[37:41] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[37:45] | Hey, Victor, come here. | 嘿 维克托 过来 |
[37:48] | Hey, come here. Buddy. Okay? | 嘿 快过来 儿子 好吗 |
[37:49] | No, you’re… come here. | 别走 你…快过来 |
[37:54] | Come here. | 过来 |
[37:55] | – I just… – Okay, you can stop now. | – 我就… – 好了 你现在可以停下了 |
[37:58] | Ohh, buddy! Ohh! | 哦 儿子 哦 |
[38:09] | Two things. | 两件事 |
[38:10] | One, don’t talk to my son about personal stuff. | 一 不要跟我儿子谈论些私人话题 |
[38:14] | Two… | 二 |
[38:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:21] | You made me brownies. | 你给我做了核仁巧克力饼 |
[38:23] | Yeah, I… you know. | 是的 我… |
[38:24] | Anything in there that’s, you know, wacky? | 这有点…古怪 |
[38:28] | Ugh. Will you just eat one? | 你能就吃一块吗 |
[38:32] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[38:33] | It’s early. | 太早了吧 |
[38:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:53] | Honestly? | 要我说实话吗 |
[38:54] | Mediocre. | 味道一般 |
[38:58] | Almost. | 凑凑合合吧 |
[38:59] | – Okay. – But the thought… | – 好吧 但是… |
[39:01] | you had the thought in. | 你确实花心思了 |
[39:02] | No, no. No, just leave it there. | 别别别 你还是放下吧 |
[39:26] | ♪ She says wake up | ♪ 她说快醒来 |
[39:28] | ♪ It’s no use pretending | ♪ 这都无济于事 |
[39:33] | You synced our calendars. | 你跟日程表上真是同步啊 |
[39:35] | Yes, ma’am. | 是啊 夫人 |
[39:38] | – Are we cool? – We cool. | – 我们和好了吗 – 和好了 |
[39:42] | Okay, we’ll start with your left breast. | 我们先从左胸开始 |
[39:44] | So remove your robe. | 所以脱下你的衣服 |
[39:46] | Okay, perfect. | 非常好 |
[39:48] | – Okay, step right onto the plate. – This one? | – 好 站到这块板子上来 – 这个吗 |
[39:49] | Yes, perfect. | 是的 非常好 |
[39:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:52] | Let’s get a little… | 让我们再… |
[39:56] | Okay, step in a little closer. | 好 再走近一点 |
[39:57] | Perfect. Okay, you’re gonna feel a slight pressure. | 很好 你会感到轻微的压力 |
[40:03] | Okay, I’m gonna ask you to take a deep breath. | 好 我要让你做一个深呼吸 |
[40:05] | – Okay. – Don’t move. | – 好 – 不要动 |
[40:09] | Take a deep breath. | 深呼吸 |
[40:21] | ♪ She says, if I leave before you, darlin’ 00:40:27,377 –> 00:40:32,739 ♪ Don’t you waste me in the ground 1091 | ♪ 她说 若是我先离你而去 亲爱的 ♪ 绝不要把我荒废在地下 |
[40:32] | ♪ I lay smilin’ like our sleeping children | ♪ 我像我们睡着的孩子们一样微笑 |
[40:38] | ♪ One of us will die inside these arms | ♪ 我们中的一个在对方怀中死去 |
[40:46] | ♪ Eyes wide open | ♪ 双眼睁大 |
[40:51] | ♪ Naked as we came | ♪ 我们赤裸裸地来 |
[40:57] | ♪ One will spread our | ♪ 有人会将我们的骨灰 |
[41:03] | ♪ Ashes round the yard | ♪ 播撒在院子周围 |