时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – My mom lost her job. – We cannot have her living here. | -我妈妈丢了工作。 -我们不能让她住在这里。 |
[00:04] | She’s gonna take control of everything. | 她将控制一切。 |
[00:05] | Where’s the vending machine? | 自动售货机在哪里? |
[00:06] | They took it away last June. | 他们于去年六月将其取走。 |
[00:08] | If elected as president, | 如果当选为总统, |
[00:09] | I will bring back the vending machines | 我会把自动售货机带回来
曾经在我们学校里的 |
[00:11] | that used to be in our school. | 。 |
[00:13] | It was hard for me to see you with Hank. | 我很难和Hank见到你。 |
[00:17] | I feel like I gave up too easily | 我觉得我太容易放弃了 |
[00:18] | and I should have fought for you. | 我应该为你而战 |
[00:20] | Get out of my room! I hate you! | 离开我的房间! 我恨你! |
[00:21] | Hey, don’t talk to your mom like that. | 嘿,别这样跟你妈妈说话。 |
[00:22] | She’s not my mom! | 她不是我妈妈! |
[00:24] | Is not going through with the adoption | 没有通过采纳 |
[00:25] | something that you’re considering? | 您正在考虑的东西? |
[00:27] | I don’t know if I can do it anymore. | 我不知道我能不能再做。 |
[00:46] | Hello? | 你好? |
[00:52] | Wait. | 等等。 |
[00:54] | Yeah? | 是啊 |
[00:56] | Are you–are you home? | 你-你在家里吗? |
[01:00] | Okay–yeah. | 好吧-是的。 |
[01:02] | Why don’t you meet me at that place around the corner there? | 你为什么不在拐角处那个地方遇见我? |
[01:06] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[01:07] | Yeah, I’ll be– I’ll be right there. | 是的,我会-我会在那里。 |
[01:13] | Who was that? | 那是谁? |
[01:14] | – Uh… – What time is it? | -呃…-现在几点了? |
[01:17] | Yeah, don’t worry, Millie. | 是的,不用担心,米莉。 |
[01:18] | Everything’s okay. | 没事的 |
[01:20] | It’s just, uh– you go back to sleep, honey. | 恩,你回去睡觉了,亲爱的。 |
[01:26] | What’s going on, Ryan? | 怎么了,瑞安? |
[01:28] | I can’t sleep. | 我睡不着。 |
[01:31] | I never sleep, you know? | 我从不睡觉,你知道吗? |
[01:33] | Just stare at the ceiling and then if I do sleep, I wake up. | 凝视天花板,然后睡觉,醒来。 |
[01:37] | I’m–my heart’s pounding, I’m sweating like an idiot, | 我-我的心在跳动,我像白痴一样出汗, |
[01:39] | I’m–I’m freaking out | 我-我吓坏了 |
[01:41] | like I got something I’m supposed to be doing. | 就像我应该做的事一样。 |
[01:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[01:47] | It’s not working, man. | 没用,伙计。 |
[01:49] | You know, I’m waiting for everything to get better | 你知道,我在等待一切变得更好 |
[01:51] | and it’s not. | ,事实并非如此。 |
[01:52] | I’m just stuck. | 我只是被卡住了。 |
[01:54] | So that’s it? | 就这样吗? |
[01:55] | You’re stuck? | 你被卡住了吗? |
[01:57] | Well, what are you gonna do about it? | 好吧,你打算怎么做? |
[02:01] | You start with a little thing. | 你从一件事开始。 |
[02:02] | I mean, however inconsequential it is. | 我的意思是,这无关紧要。 |
[02:05] | I mean– Like what? | 我的意思是-喜欢什么? |
[02:06] | I don’t know. Something small. | 我不知道。 小东西。 |
[02:08] | Something that you can take care of. | 您可以照顾的东西。 |
[02:09] | Something that you can control. | 您可以控制的东西。 |
[02:10] | Beginning, middle, end. | 开始,中间,结束。 |
[02:12] | Task completed. | 任务完成。 |
[02:19] | Jabbar, let’s get your shoes on. | Jabbar,让我们穿上鞋子。 |
[02:21] | We have to be out the door in five minutes. | 我们必须在五分钟内出门。 |
[02:22] | The boy’s gotta eat his breakfast. | 这个男孩得吃早餐。 |
[02:24] | Yeah, buddy, you know what? | 是的,哥们,你知道吗? |
[02:25] | Why don’t you eat your eggs | 你为什么不吃鸡蛋 |
[02:27] | while you’re doing your cards, okay? | 做卡片时,好吗? |
[02:28] | I don’t want eggs. | 我不要鸡蛋。 |
[02:29] | What do you mean you don’t want eggs? | 你是什么意思,你不想要鸡蛋? |
[02:30] | It’s got cheese and mushrooms | 有奶酪和蘑菇 |
[02:31] | – and zucchini– – I don’t want mushrooms. | -西葫芦–我不要蘑菇。 |
[02:33] | I want a breakfast bar. | 我想要一个早餐吧。 |
[02:34] | Jabbar, your father just made you some healthy… | 贾巴尔,你父亲刚刚让你变得更健康… |
[02:37] | – Just eat. – …breakfast. | -吃吧。 -…早餐。 |
[02:39] | But I like breakfast bars better. | 但是我更喜欢早餐吧。 |
[02:42] | Look, as long as he gets some calories in his body, | 看,只要他体内有一些卡路里, |
[02:44] | I guess it’s okay with me. | 我想我还可以。 |
[02:46] | Yeah, we–you know, we’re just pressed for time. | 是的,我们-您知道,我们只是在争取时间。 |
[02:48] | He doesn’t eat like this all the time. | 他不是一直这样吃。 |
[02:49] | Yeah, I do. | 是的,我知道。 |
[02:50] | – No, you don’t. – What? | -不,你不知道。 – 什么? |
[02:52] | That’s–he does not eat like that all the time. | 那是-他并非一直这样吃。 |
[02:54] | I just know that an hour from now | 我只知道从现在开始一个小时 |
[02:55] | someone’s in for a major sugar crash. | 有人要进行一次重大的制糖事故。 |
[02:59] | Bye. Come on, put your shoes on. | 再见。 来吧,穿上你的鞋子。 |
[03:01] | Here. Don’t waste ’em. | 这里。 不要浪费他们。 |
[03:11] | Sarah. | 莎拉。 |
[03:12] | Hi. | 嗨。 |
[03:14] | I was dropping off Drew’s term paper–um, history paper. | 我放弃了Drew的学期论文-嗯,历史论文。 |
[03:18] | He left it at home. It’s due today. | 他把它留在家中。 今天到期 |
[03:19] | And you’re a good mom. You had no choice. | 而且你是一个好妈妈。 你别无选择 |
[03:21] | – Do you know where to– – Yeah. | -你知道去哪儿–是的 |
[03:23] | – Okay. – Thanks. | -好的。 – 谢谢。 |
[03:24] | All right. Um, I should probably get to– | 好吧。 嗯,我可能应该去- |
[03:27] | I don’t wanna keep you. It’s okay. Yeah. | 我不想保留你。 没关系。 是的 |
[03:29] | I, um– | I,um– |
[03:31] | It’s okay. | 没关系。 |
[03:32] | No, I-I just– | 不,我- |
[03:33] | It’s so–it’s so awkward. | 是的-很尴尬。 |
[03:35] | I’m sorry, I-I– It’s gonna be awkward. | 对不起,我-我会很尴尬的。 |
[03:37] | Would–okay, would you– | 好吧,你愿意- |
[03:42] | would you want to maybe just get together at some point | 您是否想在某个时候聚会 |
[03:46] | and just talk all this through? | ,然后讲完这一切? |
[03:49] | – Or just–I don’t know. – Yeah. | -还是-我不知道。 -是的 |
[03:50] | I mean, I thought you didn’t wanna… | 我的意思是,我以为你不想… |
[03:52] | – No, I-I do. – Talk to me. | -不,我知道。 – 跟我说话。 |
[03:54] | And I–and I know that you’re moving on | 而且我-我知道你在继续前进 |
[03:57] | and I am too, but I-I still really care about you… | 我也是,但我-我仍然非常在乎你… |
[03:59] | And, um– | 而且,嗯 |
[04:00] | Are you late? | 你迟到了吗? |
[04:02] | I-I am now technically late. | 我-我现在在技术上迟到了。 |
[04:05] | But I don’t know. | 但我不知道。 |
[04:06] | Just something to get some– | 只是要得到一些- |
[04:07] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[04:08] | I think that would be really nice. | 我认为那真的很好。 |
[04:10] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[04:11] | – Now I really am late. – Okay. Thanks. | -现在我真的来晚了。 – 好的。 谢谢。 |
[04:14] | See you. | 再见。 |
[04:21] | ♪ Nora, I adore ya | ♪娜拉,我很喜欢 |
[04:23] | ♪ I adore ya, Nora | ♪我崇拜诺拉 |
[04:25] | – That’s awful. – What do you think? | -糟透了。 – 你怎么看? |
[04:27] | – That’s a good little song. – Your v-it’s the tone. | -那是一首好歌。 -您的v-it是基调。 |
[04:29] | ♪ I adore ya, Nora | ♪我崇拜诺拉 |
[04:30] | Go higher. | 往上走。 |
[04:31] | ♪ I adore ya | ♪我崇拜你 |
[04:33] | I can’t go to Cedar Knoll Middle School anymore. | 我不能再去雪松诺尔中学。 |
[04:35] | It is a fascist state! | 这是法西斯状态! |
[04:37] | – Whoa, hey, Max, take it easy. – Buddy, what is happening? | -哇,嘿,马克斯,请放轻松。 -哥们,这是怎么回事? |
[04:39] | Mr. Mason said that we can’t bring back | 梅森先生说我们不能带回来 |
[04:41] | the vending machine anymore, that I have to give up. | 我已经放弃了自动售货机。 |
[04:43] | Wait, what? | 等一下,什么? |
[04:44] | I’m sure that’s very disappointing– | 我敢肯定,这很令人失望- |
[04:45] | – it’s not fair, okay? – Calm down. | -不公平,好吗? – 冷静。 |
[04:47] | I won–I won the election. | 我赢了-我赢了选举。 |
[04:48] | That means the kids voted for me to do this. | 这意味着孩子们投票赞成我这样做。 |
[04:51] | They absolutely 100% did. | 他们绝对100%做到了。 |
[04:52] | So this is what we’re gonna do. | 这就是我们要做的。 |
[04:54] | Listen, we’re gonna talk to the school | 听着,我们要去学校说话 |
[04:55] | and see if we can change some of the rules, right? | ,看看是否可以更改某些规则,对吗? |
[04:57] | No, it has nothing to do with the rules. | 不,它与规则无关。 |
[04:59] | – That’s what’s fair. – It’s the PTA. | -那很公平。 -这是PTA。 |
[05:01] | It’s the parent totalitarian association. | 这是父母的极权组织。 |
[05:03] | I did everything I was supposed to do! | 我做了我应该做的一切! |
[05:05] | – Yes, you did. – Okay. | -是的,您做到了。 – 好的。 |
[05:06] | I wrote a letter, I got the signatures, I– | 我写了一封信,得到了签名,我- |
[05:09] | – calm down for a second. – Max. | -冷静一下。 -最高 |
[05:10] | I can’t go to that school anymore. | 我不能再去那所学校了。 |
[05:12] | You guys have to find me a new school to go to. | 你们必须找到我的新学校。 |
[05:16] | He’s not wrong. | 他没错。 |
[05:22] | How long you been up? | 你起床多久了? |
[05:24] | I think all night. | 我想整晚。 |
[05:26] | Oh, honey. | 哦,亲爱的。 |
[05:27] | Oh. | 哦。 |
[05:29] | Your brain is like a hamster in a wheel. | 您的大脑就像轮子上的仓鼠。 |
[05:31] | You just don’t even need coffee. | 您甚至不需要咖啡。 |
[05:33] | You start thinking and… | 您开始思考并… |
[05:35] | You’re up. | 你起来了。 |
[05:38] | Hey. | 嗨。 |
[05:43] | I just keep trying to tell myself that it’s gonna be okay, | 我只是一直想告诉自己那会没事的, |
[05:46] | but I don’t know that. | 但我不知道。 |
[05:48] | I don’t know. | 我不知道。 |
[05:52] | I don’t know if it’s gonna work. | 我不知道是否行得通。 |
[05:55] | Ever. | 曾经 |
[05:59] | – We should finalize it. – What? | -我们应该敲定它。 – 什么? |
[06:02] | I think we should finalize it. | 我认为我们应该敲定它。 |
[06:04] | You know, just talk to the lawyers, | 你知道,只需要跟律师谈谈, |
[06:10] | file the paperwork, dot the “I”s, cross the “t”s. | 提交文书工作,点“ I”,再跨“ t”。 |
[06:13] | You know, if there’s anything that’s gonna tell our boy | 你知道,如果有什么话要告诉我们的男孩 |
[06:16] | that he’s a part of this family, that’s it. | 他是这个家庭的一部分,仅此而已。 |
[06:20] | I just think we need to, you know, just take the leap. | 我只是认为我们需要采取飞跃。 |
[06:24] | You do, huh? | 你知道吗? |
[06:26] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[06:28] | I really do. | 我真的是。 |
[06:30] | I just– | 我只是- |
[06:32] | I’m sure of it. | 我确定。 |
[06:37] | I wish I were. | 我希望我是。 |
[06:40] | ♪ May God bless and keep you always ♪ | ♪愿上帝保佑并让您永远♪ |
[06:43] | ♪ and may your wishes all come true ♪ | ♪愿您的愿望成真♪ |
[06:45] | ♪ may you always do for others ♪ | ♪愿您永远为他人做♪ |
[06:48] | ♪ and let others do for you | ♪让别人为你做 |
[06:50] | ♪ may you build a ladder to the stars ♪ | ♪愿你为星星搭建一个阶梯♪ |
[06:53] | ♪ and climb on every rung | ♪爬上每一个梯级 |
[06:55] | ♪ and may you stay | ♪,愿你留下 |
[06:57] | ♪ forever young | ♪永远年轻 |
[07:00] | ♪ may you grow up to be righteous ♪ | ♪你长大后会成为正义♪ |
[07:02] | ♪ may you grow up to be true ♪ | ♪愿您长大成真♪ |
[07:05] | ♪ may you always know the truth ♪ | ♪也许你一直都知道真相♪ |
[07:07] | ♪ and see the lights surrounding you ♪ | ♪看到周围的灯光♪ |
[07:09] | ♪ may you always be courageous ♪ | ♪也许你总是勇敢的♪ |
[07:12] | ♪ stand upright and be strong ♪ | ♪站直,坚强♪ |
[07:14] | ♪ and may you stay | ♪,愿你留下 |
[07:16] | ♪ forever young | ♪永远年轻 |
[07:19] | ♪ may you stay | ♪你可以留下 |
[07:21] | ♪ forever young | ♪永远年轻 |
[07:29] | that energy, like, all that– | 那种能量- |
[07:31] | And I’d just be like–you just do whatever I said, you know? | 我只是想-您只要按照我说的去做,就知道吗? |
[07:34] | Because you’re the only girl and they wanna please you. | 因为你是唯一的女孩,他们想请你。 |
[07:35] | Hi. | 嗨。 |
[07:37] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[07:38] | – How are you? – Hi. Good. | -你好吗? 嗨 好。 |
[07:39] | – So good to see you. – Good to see you. | -很高兴见到你。 – 很高兴见到你。 |
[07:41] | – Good to see you too. – You’re Max’s mom, right? | -也很高兴见到你。 -你是麦克斯的妈妈,对吗? |
[07:43] | Yes, we met at your jewelry party. | 是的,我们在您的珠宝聚会上相识。 |
[07:44] | – Oh. – You make jewelry. | -哦。 -你做珠宝。 |
[07:45] | I’m Kristina. | 我是克里斯蒂娜。 |
[07:47] | How is your son doing? | 你儿子好吗? |
[07:49] | And how are you feeling? | 你感觉如何? |
[07:50] | He’s great. | 他很好。 |
[07:51] | We’re all great. | 我们都很棒。 |
[07:52] | Great. | 太好了。 |
[07:54] | You know, I actually wanted to talk to you guys about something | 你知道,我实际上想和大家谈谈一些事情 |
[07:57] | because I think that you’re the ladies | 因为我认为你是女士
自动贩卖机倡议的 |
[07:58] | that headed the initiative for the vending machines | |
[08:00] | to be taken out of the school. Am I right? | 被带出学校。 我对吗? |
[08:02] | Ooh. | 哦。 |
[08:03] | That was such a battle. | 那是一场战斗。 |
[08:05] | But it was so worth it. | 但这是值得的。 |
[08:06] | I mean, it took two weeks of phone trees, | 我的意思是,电话树花了两个星期, |
[08:08] | but we finally got it done. | 但我们终于完成了。 |
[08:09] | Right, so, I know this might sound so crazy to you guys | 对,所以,我知道这听起来对你们来说太疯狂了 |
[08:12] | because you fought so hard to get them out of the school, | 因为您为了让他们离开学校而努力奋斗, |
[08:15] | but my son Max ran for student council president | 但我的儿子马克斯(Max)竞选学生会主席 |
[08:17] | – and he won… – Congratulations. | -他赢了…-恭喜。 |
[08:19] | And he promised the student body–thank you very much– | 他向学生们保证-非常感谢您- |
[08:20] | that he would bring back the vending machines. | 他会把自动售货机带回来。 |
[08:25] | It was sort of his platform. | 那是他的平台。 |
[08:28] | He’s–for the kids. | 他是-为了孩子们。 |
[08:29] | And I would just want you guys to reconsider maybe just– | 而且我只想你们重新考虑一下…… |
[08:32] | Kristina, I appreciate all the issues | 克里斯蒂娜,感谢所有问题 |
[08:35] | you might be facing with your son. | 您可能会面对您的儿子。 |
[08:37] | But you cannot possibly be advocating | 但是你不可能提倡 |
[08:39] | to put back into our schools | 回到我们的学校 |
[08:41] | more sugar and high calorie junk. | 更多的糖和高卡路里的垃圾。 |
[08:43] | Well, I’m sorry, Kristina, but you have no idea | 好吧,对不起,克里斯蒂娜,但你不知道 |
[08:45] | how hard we worked to get that vending machine out. | 我们如何努力将自动售货机推出。 |
[08:47] | Really hard. | 真的很难。 |
[08:50] | We’re going to have to agree to disagree. | 我们将不得不同意不同意。 |
[08:54] | I have these, um, proofs I went through, | 我有这些,嗯,我经过的证明, |
[08:55] | but I’m sure you wanna go… | 但我确定你想去… |
[08:57] | – Is that Mortenson? – Through them yourself–mm-hmm. | -那是莫滕森吗? -自己通过他们-嗯。 |
[08:58] | That’s today, right? They weren’t–they didn’t– | 今天是吧? 他们不是-他们不是- |
[09:00] | The messenger’s coming at 4:00 to pick ’em up, yes. | 信使在4:00来接他们,是的。 |
[09:02] | 4:00? | 4:00? |
[09:03] | Uhhuh. I can move it. | 嗯。 我可以移动它。 |
[09:05] | No, leave it. I like a–I like a deadline. | 不,离开它。 我喜欢-我喜欢截止日期。 |
[09:09] | Hey, so, um, also tomorrow, I’m gonna have coffee with Mark. | 嘿,嗯,还有明天,我要和马克喝咖啡。 |
[09:12] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[09:16] | It’s no big deal, it’s just coffee, | 没什么大不了的,只是咖啡, |
[09:18] | but I wanted to tell you. | 但我想告诉你。 |
[09:19] | All right. How did that come about? | 好吧。 这是怎么来的? |
[09:23] | He asked and just wanted to clear the air and… | 他问,只想清除空气,然后… |
[09:28] | – Yeah, all right, I mean– – Have closure. | -是的,好的,我的意思是–闭嘴。 |
[09:32] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[09:33] | – Is that funny? – No, it’s a little– | -有趣吗? -不,有点 |
[09:35] | I mean–the whole thing’s a little weird, | 我的意思是-整个过程有点怪异, |
[09:37] | but, um, that’s, you know, it’s your– | 但是,嗯,那是你的- |
[09:39] | Of cour– it’s weird for me too, | 当然-对我来说也很奇怪 |
[09:41] | but I thought I should tell you. | 但我想我应该告诉你。 |
[09:43] | I guess– I guess to each his own. | 我猜-我猜每个人都有。 |
[09:46] | – What? – I just don’t, uh– | -什么? -我只是不… |
[09:49] | You wouldn’t do it? | 你不会吗? |
[09:54] | Look, do what you gotta do, I guess. | 看,我想你该做什么。 |
[09:56] | All right? | 好吗? |
[10:00] | 15 guys waiting on us. | 15个人在等我们。 |
[10:02] | So–but if you can’t get me lumber by Monday, | 所以-但是,如果您不能在星期一之前让我烦恼, |
[10:05] | tell me now, because I’m gonna find someone who can. | 现在告诉我,因为我会找到一个可以的人。 |
[10:07] | Okay, well, f-figure it out and call me back. | 好吧,把它弄清楚,然后给我回电。 |
[10:10] | – Hey. – Sorry if this isn’t | -嘿。 -很抱歉,如果不是这样 |
[10:11] | – a good time, I just– – No, it’s okay. | -好时机,我只是–没关系。 |
[10:13] | What can I do for you? | 我能为您做什么? |
[10:15] | Uh, I’d like to have my job back, please. | 嗯,我想找工作。 |
[10:18] | Uh… | 呃… |
[10:22] | Look, uh, Ryan, I’m sure you’re a great guy, | 看,恩,瑞安,我确定你是个好人, |
[10:24] | but under the circumstances, I say we just chalk it up | 但在这种情况下,我说我们只是将其归类 |
[10:27] | to a situation that didn’t work out, you know? | 无法解决的情况,您知道吗? |
[10:30] | But if you need references, I’ll be happy to give you one. | 但如果您需要参考,我们将很乐意为您提供参考。 |
[10:33] | No, I don’t need– I don’t need a reference, | 不,我不需要-我不需要参考, |
[10:37] | like your sympathy or whatever. | 喜欢您的同情之类的。 |
[10:39] | I know that I messed something up. | 我知道我搞砸了。 |
[10:41] | I shouldn’t have walked off, | 我不应该走了 |
[10:42] | and I know that I cost you a lot of money. | 而且我知道我花了很多钱。 |
[10:44] | – I’m coming back to you to say… – That’s okay. | -我回头再说…-没关系。 |
[10:45] | To take responsibility for what I did. | 对我所做的事情负责。 |
[10:47] | Look, these things happen on sites. | 看,这些事情发生在网站上。 |
[10:48] | – It’s not a big deal. – So let me fix it. | -没什么大不了的。 -让我修复它。 |
[10:50] | You can dock my pay. | 您可以扣我的薪水。 |
[10:52] | I’ll work for free until it’s paid off. | 我会免费工作,直到还清为止。 |
[10:54] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[10:55] | The answer is no. | 答案是不。 |
[10:59] | I don’t even get a chance to– | 我什至没有机会- |
[11:00] | don’t you see that I’m trying to fix it here? | 您没有看到我正在尝试在此处修复它吗? |
[11:02] | You had a chance. You had a chance, Ryan. | 你有机会。 你有机会,瑞安。 |
[11:04] | – I don’t have the time… – Wow, okay. | -我没有时间…-哇,好吧。 |
[11:05] | …to train somebody. | …训练某人。 |
[11:08] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[11:22] | Amber? | 琥珀色? |
[11:24] | I think that dough is flat enough. | 我认为面团足够平坦。 |
[11:28] | Are you all right? | 你没事儿吧? |
[11:30] | Yeah, I’m okay. | 是的,我很好。 |
[11:32] | I’m just, like, thinking about some things. | 我只是在想一些事情。 |
[11:36] | Yeah. Ryan? | 是的。 瑞安 |
[11:37] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[11:40] | What, has he been calling you at 3:00 A.M. too? | 什么,他是在凌晨3:00打电话给您的吗 太? |
[11:43] | No. | 不。 |
[11:44] | Why? Did he call you guys? | 为什么? 他叫你们吗? |
[11:45] | Well, you know, Zeek’s been… | 好吧,Zeek一直在… |
[11:50] | Working with him. | 和他一起工作。 |
[11:51] | You know, looking out for him. | 你知道,在找他。 |
[11:52] | And that sounds bad. Is it–is he okay? | 听起来很糟糕。 是吗-他还好吗? |
[11:54] | Oh, no, no, no. | 哦,不,不,不。 |
[11:55] | He’s–no, he’s fine. | 他-不,他很好。 |
[11:57] | He’s moving in the right direction. | 他朝着正确的方向前进。 |
[11:58] | He just still has an awful lot of stuff to work out, | 他还有很多东西需要解决, |
[12:01] | that’s all. | 就这样。 |
[12:05] | I wish there was anything I could do to help him. | 我希望我能做些什么来帮助他。 |
[12:10] | Well, try not to make it your burden. | 好吧,尽量不要让它成为您的负担。 |
[12:14] | It’s not. | 不是。 |
[12:17] | You know? | 你知道吗? |
[12:18] | Take it off those shoulders. | 脱掉那些肩膀。 |
[12:19] | And, uh, come on, let’s get these pies in the oven. | 而且,来吧,让我们把这些馅饼放进烤箱。 |
[12:24] | Come on. | 加油。 |
[12:26] | Okay. All right. I’m ready. | 好吧。 行。 我准备好了。 |
[12:27] | Okay, there you go. | 好吧,你去。 |
[12:32] | Good night. | 晚安。 |
[12:34] | I love you. | 我爱你。 |
[12:58] | It’s exactly what I said, Marlene. | 这就是我说的,玛琳。 |
[13:00] | – All these kids are going to… – Hey. What? Uh- | -所有这些孩子都会去…-嘿。 什么? 嗯 |
[13:02] | The convenience store to buy a bunch of junk, which our kids– | 便利店买了一堆旧货,我们的孩子们- |
[13:03] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么事? |
[13:05] | – You drumming? – Yeah-on their way to school | -你在鼓吗? -是的-去学校的路上 |
[13:06] | or coming back from school, | 或从学校回来, |
[13:07] | they’re buying a bunch of junk. | 他们在买一堆垃圾。 |
[13:08] | And they’re spending money | 他们在花钱 |
[13:09] | at the convenience store anyway. | 反正在便利店。 |
[13:11] | So why not just put it into our school | 那么为什么不把它放到我们学校呢 |
[13:12] | and have healthier snack–exactly. | ,而且要吃些更健康的零食。 |
[13:15] | Thanks so much, Eileen. | 非常感谢,艾琳。 |
[13:16] | I will call you tomorrow, | 明天我会打电话给你, |
[13:18] | and tell Gladys the war is on. | 告诉格拉迪斯战争正在进行。 |
[13:21] | – Wow. – Oh, yeah. | -哇。 – 哦耶。 |
[13:23] | – The war room. – It’s go time. | -作战室。 -该走了。 |
[13:24] | Is this, uh, is this what I think it’s about? | 这是我想的吗? |
[13:26] | I’m just trying to gather some information… | 我只是想收集一些信息… |
[13:28] | – Yeah? Vending-gate? – For the PTA meeting. | -是吗? 自动售货机? -参加PTA会议。 |
[13:30] | Oh, I see, you’re gonna go into this PTA meeting | 哦,我知道了,您将参加这次PTA会议 |
[13:32] | as a lobbyist for candy and chocolate. | 作为糖果和巧克力的游说者。 |
[13:34] | – Uh-huh. I am. | – Uh-huh. |
[13:35] | You say it like it’s a bad thing. | 你说这是一件坏事。 |
[13:37] | – I’m going in to– – There’s nothing wrong | -我要参加–没错 |
[13:39] | with a little bit of candy and chocolate. | 加上一点糖果和巧克力。 |
[13:40] | – Right? – I’m just trying | -对吗? -我只是在尝试 |
[13:42] | to wrap my head around what you’re thinking here, | 让我全神贯注于您在这里的想法, |
[13:43] | because Max will be okay | 因为麦克会没事的 |
[13:45] | if he doesn’t get the vending machine back. | 如果他没有把自动售货机拿回来。 |
[13:46] | Yeah, I know he’ll be okay, Adam. | 是的,我知道他会没事的,亚当。 |
[13:48] | This is the one thing that I can have control over | 这是我可以控制的一件事 |
[13:50] | and help with, and I’m not letting this die for him. | 并提供帮助,但我绝不为他而死。 |
[13:55] | – So there you go. – Okay. | -所以你去了。 – 好的。 |
[13:57] | – Hey. – Oh, hey. | -嘿。 – 噢!嗨。 |
[14:01] | You reading comic books? | 你在看漫画书吗? |
[14:02] | Yeah, I’m trying to stay relevant in Jabbar’s life | 是的,我想与Jabbar的生活保持联系 |
[14:05] | by keeping up with the cool stuff. | 跟上很酷的东西。 |
[14:06] | Where is everybody? | 大家在哪里? |
[14:08] | Uh, he’s at a playdate with Miles. | 呃,他正在和Miles一起玩。 |
[14:10] | And your mother– you’re gonna love this– | 和你的母亲-你会爱上这个- |
[14:12] | is grocery shopping for healthy and nutritious food for him | 在杂货店购物,为他买健康又有营养的食物 |
[14:16] | because she didn’t feel there was any in the house. | 因为她不觉得房子里有东西。 |
[14:19] | You’re kidding. | 你在开玩笑。 |
[14:20] | – No, I’m not kidding. – Oh, God. | -不,我不是在开玩笑。 – 天啊。 |
[14:22] | I’m surprised you didn’t bump into her there | 我很惊讶你没撞到她那里 |
[14:23] | unless she went to some crazy organic joint. | 除非她去疯狂的有机联合。 |
[14:26] | Baby, I’m sorry. | 宝贝,对不起 |
[14:28] | I know being criticized is not fun | 我知道被批评不好玩 |
[14:30] | and my mother is a master at it, so– | 我的母亲是一位大师,所以- |
[14:32] | Look, if she wants to criticize us | 看,如果她想批评我们 |
[14:34] | about the religious thing, I get it. | 关于宗教的事情,我明白了。 |
[14:35] | That’s very important to her. | 这对她很重要。 |
[14:36] | But her micromanaging | 但是她的微观管理 |
[14:38] | what we’re feeding our son? | 我们正在喂养我们的儿子吗? |
[14:39] | I’m not cool with it. I know. | 我不喜欢它。 我知道。 |
[14:41] | Look, we’re the parents. | 看,我们是父母。 |
[14:42] | If we wanna feed him motor oil for breakfast, we can do that. | 如果我们想给他喂机油作为早餐,我们可以做到。 |
[14:44] | That’s our right. | 那是我们的权利。 |
[14:45] | She had, you know, her chance with you. | 她有机会和你在一起。 |
[14:48] | We need to talk to her. | 我们需要和她谈谈。 |
[14:50] | I, you know, I really don’t wanna argue with her | 我,你真的不想和她吵架 |
[14:53] | about this stuff, you know? It’s not– | 关于这个东西,你知道吗? 不是 – |
[14:55] | Okay, I’m not suggesting that we argue with her, | 好吧,我不是在建议我们与她争论, |
[14:57] | but what I’m saying is as two adults | 但是我的意思是两个大人 |
[14:59] | we need to sit down with her and go, | 我们需要和她一起坐下来, |
[15:00] | “hey, here are our boundaries as parents. | “嘿,这是我们作为父母的界限。 |
[15:02] | We don’t want to be criticized every morning when we wake up.” | 我们不想每天早晨醒来时受到批评。” |
[15:05] | That’s fair. | 公平。 |
[15:07] | No fighting, just, hey, here are our–you know. | 不打架,嘿,这是我们的-您知道的。 |
[15:10] | No fighting? | 不打架吗? |
[15:12] | Absolutely no fighting. | 绝对没有打架。 |
[15:14] | – You promise? – I promise. | -您保证? – 我承诺。 |
[15:18] | I-I had about a full minute of thinking at first | 我-我一开始有整整一分钟的思考 |
[15:20] | that this kid is, like, a secret genius. | 这个孩子就像是一个秘密的天才。 |
[15:24] | Like, he just–he hasn’t had anything to offer in class. | 就像,他只是-他在课堂上没有任何提供。 |
[15:26] | Suddenly. Maybe it’s because of your teaching. | 突然。 也许是因为您的教.。 |
[15:28] | Yeah, I’ve–I’ve– I’ve opened him up. | 是的,我-我-我已将他打开。 |
[15:30] | He just really–yeah, yeah. | 他真的-是的。 |
[15:31] | And then the further I got into his essay, | 然后我深入他的论文, |
[15:33] | I started to recognize some of the ideas. | 我开始认识一些想法。 |
[15:35] | It’s the essay that Harold Bloom wrote in the back of the book. | 这是Harold Bloom在书的背面写的文章。 |
[15:37] | I can’t believe they think they can just get away with that. | 我不敢相信他们认为他们可以摆脱困境。 |
[15:40] | I wonder if that happens in photography. | 我想知道这是否发生在摄影中。 |
[15:42] | If, you know, if–I don’t know, people find some old print | 如果您知道,如果-我不知道,人们发现了一些旧印刷品 |
[15:45] | and try to pretend it’s theirs or something. | ,然后假装是他们的东西。 |
[15:47] | – I’m sure… – Yeah. | -我确定…-是的。 |
[15:48] | If you have the negatives, | 如果您有底片, |
[15:49] | I guess you could prove it that way. | 我想您可以证明这一点。 |
[15:50] | Nobody uses negatives anymore. | 没有人使用负片了。 |
[15:52] | Oh, yeah, that’s true. Digital. | 哦,是的。 数字。 |
[15:53] | It’s almost a different art, you know, to do. | 您知道,这几乎是另一种艺术。 |
[15:56] | – It is. Yeah. – Have to learn both of them. | -是的。 是的 -必须都学习。 |
[15:58] | Been learning a lot about it. | 对此有很多了解。 |
[16:00] | How’s that– how’s that all been going? | 怎么样-一切都好吗? |
[16:03] | – Good. – Yeah? | -好。 -是吗? |
[16:04] | – Mm-hmm. – Good. | -嗯。 很好 |
[16:05] | Is–how’s Hank? | 是-Hank怎么样? |
[16:09] | Good. | 好。 |
[16:12] | You guys are still seeing each other, right? | 你们还在彼此见面吧? |
[16:15] | – Um– – You don’t have to– | -嗯–不必 |
[16:17] | No, but I–uh, we’re seeing each other, I guess. | 不,但是我-嗯,我想我们见面了。 |
[16:22] | Um, it’s definitely not the timing | 嗯,绝对不是时候 |
[16:25] | I would have chosen and… | 我会选择然后… |
[16:27] | – Mm-hmm. – It’s… | -嗯。 – 它的… |
[16:29] | When I–when I heard about it, I was a little… | 当我-听说时,我有点… |
[16:32] | – Of course. – Surprised and I got– | -当然。 -很惊讶,我得到了- |
[16:34] | But everything I told you, you know, | 但是我告诉你的一切, |
[16:36] | I wasn’t– there was no overlap. | 我不是-没有重叠。 |
[16:38] | There was no sneaking around. | 没有潜行。 |
[16:40] | It’s–I just– and it didn’t have– | 是-我只是-它没有- |
[16:42] | – It’s not the reason that… – Yeah. | -这不是…的原因-是的。 |
[16:44] | – You know, we– – Well, that’s–that’s… | -您知道,我们–那是-那是… |
[16:47] | That’s nice to hear. | 真高兴。 |
[16:49] | I believed you, I just, you know– | 我相信你,我只是,你知道- |
[16:50] | – Yeah. – By myself, afterwards, | -是的。 -之后,我自己 |
[16:52] | I started to question everything, but no. | 我开始质疑一切,但是没有。 |
[16:55] | Thank you for telling me that. | 谢谢你告诉我。 |
[16:57] | There was this thing in the dark room that was months ago. | 几个月前,在黑暗的房间里有这个东西。 |
[17:01] | But he kissed me– we were developing a photograph. | 但是他亲了我-我们正在照相。 |
[17:04] | I barely knew him and–he– it was n–it was quick | 我几乎不认识他,他-当时-很快 |
[17:07] | and this odd thing and I didn’t say anything because– | 而这奇怪的事情,我什么也没说,因为- |
[17:11] | Wh–this is while we were together? | 噢,这是我们在一起的时候? |
[17:12] | Yeah, but now when I look back, | 是的,但是现在当我回头看时, |
[17:14] | I think, oh, I should have told you. | 我想,哦,我应该告诉你的。 |
[17:17] | And I-I should have known there was something | 我-我应该早知道 |
[17:20] | at least on his end, you know? | 至少在他的头上,你知道吗? |
[17:22] | – Yeah, on his end. – That I should have told you… | -是的,在他的尽头。 -我应该告诉你的… |
[17:23] | That part. | 那部分。 |
[17:25] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[17:31] | Well, as we get into this completion process | 好吧,当我们进入完成过程时 |
[17:34] | and move towards finalizing Victor’s adoption, | 并最终确定Victor的采用, |
[17:35] | I need answers to a few questions | 我需要一些问题的答案 |
[17:37] | so we can set a hearing date. | 因此我们可以设定听证日期。 |
[17:39] | Once the date’s been set, | 确定日期后, |
[17:41] | you’ll appear in court with Victor | 您将和Victor一起出庭 |
[17:42] | for a finalization hearing, | 进行听证会 |
[17:44] | and you will be granted the order of adoption. | ,您将获得收养的顺序。 |
[17:46] | Wow. Amazing. | 哇。 惊人。 |
[17:48] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[17:49] | And Victor’s doing well? | 维克多过得好吗? |
[17:51] | He is. | 他是。 |
[17:52] | – He really is, yeah. – Oh, that’s great. | -他确实是。 – 哦,太好了。 |
[17:54] | I’m waiting for he and Sydney to find their relationship. | 我在等他和悉尼找到他们的关系。 |
[17:57] | You know, find that– that kind of sibling rhythm. | 你知道,发现-那种同级节奏。 |
[18:00] | Well, they’re getting there. | 好吧,他们到了那里。 |
[18:02] | They’re not there yet, yeah. | 他们还没有,是的。 |
[18:03] | – Well– – But–yeah. | -好吧-但是-是的。 |
[18:05] | He’s into baseball. He’s a shortstop. | 他正在打棒球。 他是游击手。 |
[18:07] | Um, he, uh, has made a lot of really great friends at school. | 恩,他,恩,在学校里结识了很多非常好的朋友。 |
[18:11] | – Fantastic. – He’s a grade behind in math. | -太棒了。 -他的数学成绩落后。 |
[18:13] | Yeah, but he used to be two grades behind, | 是的,但他以前落后了两个年级, |
[18:16] | so that’s not as big a deal as it was. | 所以这没什么大不了的。 |
[18:18] | – Right. – Yeah. | -对。 -是的 |
[18:20] | Well, how would you describe. | 好吧,你将如何形容。 |
[18:22] | Victor’s adjustment to your home? | 维克多对您的房屋进行了调整? |
[18:25] | – It’s been great– – Oh, well… | -太好了–哦… |
[18:27] | Yeah, it’s–it’s–it’s good. | 是的-是-很好。 |
[18:29] | It’s–there have been some bumps in the road. | -路上有些颠簸。 |
[18:33] | Well, that’s normal. | 好吧,这很正常。 |
[18:34] | – That’s what I keep saying. – Right. | -我一直在说。 – 对。 |
[18:36] | It’s absolutely normal. | 绝对正常。 |
[18:37] | Uh, you know, he’s a great kid. | 嗯,你知道他是个好孩子。 |
[18:39] | He’s, uh, really funny and he’s a little shy at first, | 他,嗯,真的很有趣,起初有点害羞, |
[18:44] | but he’s not withdrawn. | 但他没有退出。 |
[18:45] | – He’s just– – He doesn’t love me. | -他只是–他不爱我。 |
[18:48] | Julia. | 朱莉娅。 |
[18:49] | It’s a relevant statement that I wanna make, | 这是我想发表的相关声明, |
[18:52] | and it’s a concern that I have and it’s been ongoing. | ,这是我一直以来一直担心的问题。 |
[18:54] | – It’s a– – You know this. | -是–你知道的。 |
[18:55] | It’s a feeling you have. You don’t know that. | 你有一种感觉。 你不知道 |
[18:57] | It’s not a feeling that I have. | 这不是我的感觉。 |
[18:58] | He never says anything | 他什么也没说 |
[18:59] | to the effect of having any affection for me. | 对我有任何影响。 |
[19:00] | He’s not going to say anything–he’s a boy. | 他什么也没说-他是一个男孩。 |
[19:01] | Well, any kind of affection whatsoever. | 好吧,任何一种情感。 |
[19:03] | And I know we keep saying he needs more time, | 而且我知道我们一直在说他需要更多时间, |
[19:05] | but just how much more time– | 但是还有多少时间- |
[19:07] | You know what, I think the two of you | 你知道吗,我想你们两个 |
[19:08] | need to take a little more time to talk about this. | 需要花更多时间来谈论这个。 |
[19:10] | – I don’t think–no, no. – That might be a good idea. | -我不认为-不,不。 -可能是个好主意。 |
[19:12] | I don’t think we need to do that. | 我认为我们不需要这样做。 |
[19:13] | Uh, from where I sit, | 呃,从我坐在那里, |
[19:15] | it never hurts to take the time, | 花些时间永远不会痛, |
[19:16] | because adoption is a very big deal. | 因为采用非常重要。 |
[19:19] | And just to say, you wouldn’t be the first people | 而且,您不会成为第一个人
改变世界上的 |
[19:22] | in the world to change your minds. | 主意。 |
[19:34] | – Hey, mom. – Oh. | -妈妈。 哦 |
[19:36] | Oh, it’s unusual that you both are home so early. | 哦,你们俩这么早回家并不寻常。 |
[19:39] | Yeah, I even got to pick her up from school. | 是的,我什至还必须从学校接她。 |
[19:41] | – Yeah. – Oh, nice. | -是的 – 不错哦。 |
[19:42] | Mom, we’d like to talk to you | 妈妈,我们想和您谈谈 |
[19:44] | about something if now’s a good time. | 如果现在是个好时机。 |
[19:46] | Absolutely. | 绝对。 |
[19:50] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[19:53] | Go ahead. | 继续。 |
[19:55] | Um, yeah, we were thinking– you know, both of us | 恩,我们在想-我们两个都在想 |
[19:58] | have been thinking that, um– | 一直在想,嗯- |
[20:01] | you know what, before we even get into that, | 你知道什么,甚至在我们开始之前, |
[20:03] | I just wanna say that we love having you here. | 我只想说我们喜欢在这里有你。 |
[20:06] | It’s–it’s–it’s been really fun. | 确实很有趣。 |
[20:07] | Yes. We do. We love it, mom. | 是的。 我们的确是。 妈妈,我们喜欢它。 |
[20:08] | Thank you. I love being here. | 谢谢。 我喜欢在这里。 |
[20:10] | Great. Yeah, we really like it. | 太好了。 是的,我们真的很喜欢。 |
[20:12] | Um, which is not to say that it’s not without its challenges. | 嗯,这并不是说并非没有挑战。 |
[20:15] | Um… | 嗯… |
[20:19] | Is this about the bathroom? | 这是关于浴室吗? |
[20:20] | No, it’s not. | 不,不是。 |
[20:22] | No, it’s, um, it’s about Jabbar specifically. | 不,是的,特别是关于贾巴尔的。 |
[20:25] | Yes. | 是的。 |
[20:26] | There have been times where we felt criticized. | 有时候我们感到被批评。 |
[20:29] | Um, the other morning at breakfast. | 嗯,第二天早上吃早饭。 |
[20:32] | So you’re upset because I pointed out | 所以你很沮丧,因为我指出了 |
[20:36] | that Jabbar shouldn’t be subsisting on sugar and starch? | Jabbar不应该依靠糖和淀粉生存吗? |
[20:40] | – Well– – Not– | -好–不- |
[20:42] | – We feed him other things. – We do. | -我们还给他喂其他东西。 – 我们的确是。 |
[20:45] | Okay. All right. | 好吧。 行。 |
[20:46] | So you do know that I just have | 所以你知道我只是 |
[20:48] | my grandson’s best interests at heart, right? | 我孙子最关心的事情是吧? |
[20:50] | Of course, of course, mom. We know that. | 当然,妈妈。 我们知道。 |
[20:52] | Nobody’s questioning your love for Jabbar | 没有人质疑你对贾巴尔的爱 |
[20:54] | or your dedication to him. | 或您对他的奉献。 |
[20:56] | What we’re saying is it doesn’t feel very nice | 我们要说的是感觉不太好 |
[20:58] | to be judged every time we make a decision. | 每次做出决定时都要进行判断。 |
[21:02] | It’s not a nice feeling. | 感觉不好。 |
[21:05] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[21:07] | – All right. – Well, I–well, I’m sorry. | – 行。 -好吧-我很抱歉 |
[21:09] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[21:11] | I’m sorry. | 对不起。 |
[21:12] | Is that okay? | 可以吗? |
[21:13] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[21:15] | But I gotta tell you that from over here, | 但是我得从这里告诉你 |
[21:19] | sometimes it appears like the inmates are running the asylum. | 有时似乎囚犯正在庇护中。 |
[21:23] | – Oh, is that what it… – Mom, that’s not fair. | -哦,那是…-妈妈,这不公平。 |
[21:24] | …appears like to you? | …看起来像你吗? |
[21:26] | – Well, I know– – That’s not fair. | -恩,我知道–不公平。 |
[21:27] | From your lofty perch of– | 从您的高处- |
[21:28] | Jabbar should be in bed | Jabbar应该在床上
在工作日的晚上8:00 |
[21:31] | at 8:00 during weeknights, period, right? | ,对吗? |
[21:35] | – He–what–he is in bed… – He is, he is. | -他-什么-他在床上…-他在,他在。 |
[21:37] | Every night at 8:00 on weeknights. | 每个工作日的晚上8:00。 |
[21:39] | Yes, unless he asks to see a movie with you. | 是的,除非他要求和您一起看电影。 |
[21:41] | Okay, there have been a couple of times when that’s happened, | 好吧,好几次了, |
[21:44] | but that’s not the norm. | 但这不是常态。 |
[21:46] | You’re trying to make the exception the norm, | 您正在尝试使例外成为常态, |
[21:47] | and this is exactly what I’m talking about. | ,这正是我在说的。 |
[21:49] | I don’t need to be in a shouting match with you | 我不需要和你大喊大叫 |
[21:51] | – about Jabbar’s bed time. – No one’s shouting. | -关于贾巴尔的上床时间。 -没有人在喊。 |
[21:52] | That’s our decision. | 那是我们的决定。 |
[21:54] | Are you aware that for five years | 你知道五年吗 |
[21:55] | before you came into Jabbar’s life, | 在您进入Jabbar的生活之前, |
[21:57] | there was a system of discipline because kids need discipline. | 有纪律制度,因为孩子们需要纪律。 |
[22:02] | Discipline will be administered the way we see fit, | 纪律将按照我们认为合适的方式进行管理, |
[22:04] | not the way you see fit. | 不是您认为合适的方式。 |
[22:06] | That’s how it’s gonna go down, okay? | 那就是它会掉下去的方式,好吗? |
[22:07] | Just everyone– | 只是每个人- |
[22:08] | We don’t need to be fighting about this. | 我们不需要为此而战。 |
[22:09] | This isn’t– you don’t have a right– | 这不是-您没有权利- |
[22:10] | – So let’s stop fighting. – Listen–okay. | -让我们停止战斗。 -听着-好的。 |
[22:11] | – Hold on. – No, no, no. | -等一下。 – 不不不。 |
[22:13] | – I’m not fighting. – I know, I know. | -我没有打架。 – 我知道我知道。 |
[22:14] | No, no, you’re right. You’re judging. | 不,不,你是对的。 你在判断 |
[22:15] | You’re busy judging with your little comments… | 您正在忙于用您的小评论来判断… |
[22:17] | No, she’s not, Crosby. Crosby! | 不,她不是,克罗斯比。 克罗斯比! |
[22:18] | In a very subdued, calculated manner, | 以一种非常柔和的计算方式, |
[22:20] | – I would say. – Please. Enough. | -我会说。 – 请。 足够。 |
[22:21] | In a subdued, calculated manner? | 以一种柔和的,计算的方式? |
[22:24] | – No. – See? Even slower. Great. | -不-看吗? 甚至更慢。 大。 |
[22:26] | Just stop, okay? | 停下来,好吗? |
[22:27] | Look, you’re right. | 看,你是对的。 |
[22:29] | We should be more consistent with Jabbar. | 我们应该与Jabbar保持一致。 |
[22:31] | Especially when it comes to his bedtime. Okay? | 特别是在上床睡觉的时候。 好的? |
[22:32] | She’s right? | 她是对的吗? |
[22:34] | – It’s really not a big deal. – Oh. | -确实没什么大不了的。 哦 |
[22:36] | So can we not make it? | 所以我们不能做到吗? |
[22:37] | – Just. – Okay. | -就是。 – 好的。 |
[22:39] | I’m the one that’s crazy. | 我是个疯子。 |
[22:41] | – No, it’s just… – Yeah. Nope. | -不,只是…-是的。 不。 |
[22:42] | – This really isn’t a– – You’re both right. | -确实不是–没错。 |
[22:44] | – It’s not really a big deal. – I’m gonna let you guys | -没什么大不了的。 -我要让你们 |
[22:45] | make all future decisions. | 做出所有未来的决定。 |
[22:46] | Invite me to his graduation. | 邀请我毕业。 |
[22:48] | Crosby. | 克罗斯比。 |
[22:51] | So why did you call the adoption lawyer without me? | 那么,为什么在没有我的情况下称呼收养律师呢? |
[22:53] | I’ve already told this to you. | 我已经告诉过你了。 |
[22:54] | She called me. I returned her call. | 她给我打电话。 我给她打了电话。 |
[22:57] | All right, what did you talk about? | 好吧,您在说什么? |
[22:59] | – What was the conversation? – Nothing. | -在说什么? – 没有。 |
[23:00] | She–I basically said that the last time we met, | 她-我基本上是说我们上次见面时 |
[23:04] | you just had a momentary lapse, you know, you got cold feet. | 你只是暂时失误,你知道,你脚冷了。 |
[23:07] | That’s all. | 就这样。 |
[23:10] | I just had cold feet. That’s all. | 我的脚刚冷。 就这样。 |
[23:11] | Yep. | 是的。 |
[23:14] | – Yes, honey, it’s– – That’s just– | -是的,亲爱的-是- |
[23:15] | can you stop trying to shame me into this? | 你能停止让我感到羞耻吗? |
[23:18] | – Shame you? – Yes! | -可耻吗? -是的! |
[23:19] | – You are because… – Are you kidding me? | -你是因为…-你在跟我开玩笑吗? |
[23:21] | It’s just me. | 就是我。 |
[23:22] | Because it’s me that he’s not bonding with. | 因为他是我,他不与之交往。 |
[23:23] | – It’s not just you. – It’s just me | -不只是你。 – 只有我 |
[23:24] | that has any kind of doubts about it. | 对此有任何疑问。 |
[23:26] | – I don– – It’s just me. | -我不–就是我。 |
[23:27] | – It’s all me. – Are you kidding me? | -全部是我。 – 你在跟我开玩笑吗? |
[23:28] | You know, I have doubts too. | 你知道,我也有疑问。 |
[23:29] | – No, you don’t! – Yes. | -不,你不! -是的 |
[23:31] | Don’t just–don’t try to make me feel better that way. | 不要只是-不要试图让我感觉好些。 |
[23:33] | That’s stupid. It doesn’t work. | 那太蠢了。 没用 |
[23:35] | Okay. Well, you know what? | 好的。 好吧,你知道吗? |
[23:36] | I have to be this way because there’s not a lot of room | 我必须这样,因为房间不多 |
[23:39] | for doubts on this side. | 对此表示怀疑。 |
[23:41] | You seem to be doubting enough for both of us. | 您似乎对我们俩都感到怀疑。 |
[23:44] | Youthe–it’s on that street. | Youthe-在那条街上。 |
[23:47] | I know where it is. | 我知道它在哪里。 |
[23:49] | Who’s eaten here? | 谁在这里吃饭? |
[23:50] | – What’s good? – Uh- | -有什么好处? 嗯 |
[23:51] | – The, uh, short rib… – Yeah. | -呃,短肋…-是的。 |
[23:54] | Is insane. | 疯了。 |
[23:55] | Are you enrolling Sydney in karate? | 您是否要在空手道中注册悉尼? |
[23:56] | ‘Cause Jabbar would love to have her in his class. | ‘因为贾巴尔(Jabbar)很想让她加入他的班级。 |
[23:59] | If you do that, you should have Victor also enroll. | 如果您这样做,则还应该让Victor参加。 |
[24:02] | – Yeah. – Wouldn’t that be fun? | -是的。 -那不是很有趣吗? |
[24:03] | If all three of ’em? | 如果全部是三个? |
[24:04] | And at Christmas we could do a ufc kind of bracket. | 在圣诞节,我们可以做一个ufc支架。 |
[24:07] | – Yeah. – Oh, God. | -是的。 – 天啊。 |
[24:08] | Not everything’s a competition, Crosby. | 不是所有的比赛,克罗斯比。 |
[24:09] | – Teach ’em karate. – Well, no. | -教他们空手道。 好吧 |
[24:11] | Everything is a competition in the Braverman household. | 一切都是Braverman家的竞赛。 |
[24:13] | Right, Julia? | 对吧,朱莉娅? |
[24:14] | We love to compete, right? | 我们喜欢竞争,对吧? |
[24:15] | Julia? | 朱莉娅? |
[24:18] | Everything’s a competition, right? | 一切都是比赛,对不对? |
[24:19] | Yes, everything is a competition with the Bravermans. | 是的,一切都是与Bravermans的竞争。 |
[24:22] | Yes, that is true. | 是的,是的。 |
[24:25] | Ooh, they have burrata. | 哦,他们有墨西哥卷饼。 |
[24:26] | I’m getting burrata for sure to kick things off. | 我正在买burrata,以确保一切顺利。 |
[24:28] | – Mmm. – Yeah. | -嗯。 -是的 |
[24:29] | Oh, my gosh. You remember when I said, | 哦,我的天哪。 你还记得我说过的话 |
[24:31] | “oh, I can’t wait to get the burrata.” | “哦,我等不及要买墨西哥卷饼了。” |
[24:33] | And her mom said, “what’s burrata?” | 她妈妈说:“ burrata是什么?” |
[24:34] | I’m like, “oh, it’s just really tender… | 我喜欢,“哦,这真的很温柔… |
[24:36] | Very soft.” | 非常柔软。” |
[24:37] | – I said, “well, if you–” – Um… | -我说:“好吧,如果你-” |
[24:39] | Can you order me just–whatever? | 可以点我吗? |
[24:43] | – Yeah. – Pardon me. I’m so sorry. | -是的 – 对不起。 我很抱歉。 |
[24:44] | – You mean to drink or– – And eat. | -您的意思是喝酒–吃。 |
[24:46] | Whatever. | 随便。 |
[24:48] | Is everything okay? | 一切还好吗? |
[24:49] | What’s, um– what’s that about? | 什么,嗯-那是什么? |
[24:53] | Uh… | 呃… |
[24:55] | We had a really great day. Yeah. | 我们度过了非常愉快的一天。 是的 |
[25:05] | Hey. | 嗨。 |
[25:08] | Oh. | 哦。 |
[25:09] | – Hi. – Buddy, what’s going on? | 嗨 -哥们,这是怎么回事? |
[25:13] | You’re upset we’re ordering the short ribs? | 您为订购短排骨感到不高兴吗? |
[25:15] | Is that what’s going on? | 这是怎么回事? |
[25:16] | – I’m just jealous. – You’re jealous? | -我只是嫉妒。 – 你嫉妒? |
[25:19] | – What’s happening? – No. | -发生了什么事? -不 |
[25:20] | Oh, God, Cros. | 哦,上帝,克罗斯。 |
[25:23] | Um, it’s just hard with Victor, so… | 恩,维克多很难受,所以… |
[25:27] | Like, what, um, specifically? | 恩,特别是什么? |
[25:29] | Like, you know, we’ve had all this time together | 喜欢,你知道,我们在一起已经很开心了 |
[25:32] | and it just doesn’t seem like we’re progressing, you know? | 看起来好像我们没有进步,知道吗? |
[25:36] | He just–I’m not being over-dramatic. | 他只是-我并不过分。 |
[25:38] | He just doesn’t like me at–at this point, | 他只是不喜欢我-在这一点上, |
[25:41] | and it’s so hard to see that that’s gonna change. | 而且很难看到它会改变。 |
[25:45] | And I-I don’t–I don’t know. | 我-我不知道-我不知道。 |
[25:47] | Joel is fine. They’re great. | 乔尔很好。 他们很棒。 |
[25:50] | They have no problems. | 他们没有问题。 |
[25:51] | But, you know, if I don’t see something that tells me | 但是,如果我看不到任何东西告诉我 |
[25:56] | that some day, maybe, we can have a loving relationship, | 也许有一天,我们可以建立爱心关系, |
[26:00] | then, you know… | 然后,你知道… |
[26:04] | Then I shouldn’t be his mom, | 那我不应该是他的妈妈, |
[26:06] | because he should be able to have that with someone. | 因为他应该可以和某人在一起。 |
[26:09] | Listen, do you want my 2¢? | 听着,你要我的2¢吗? |
[26:10] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -是的。 -是吗? |
[26:11] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[26:12] | When Jasmine came and dropped Jabbar off, | 茉莉来了,把贾巴尔放下了, |
[26:15] | I didn’t have a single clue on how to be a parent. | 我对如何成为父母一无所知。 |
[26:18] | I mean, it just happened in one second, | 我的意思是,它只是在一秒钟内发生的, |
[26:20] | yet she was expecting me to be a dad | 可是她希望我当爸爸 |
[26:22] | and I didn’t know what to do, and you know who I watched? | 而且我不知道该怎么办,你知道我在看谁吗? |
[26:25] | Who I studied, who I looked up to? | 我研究了谁,我仰望了谁? |
[26:28] | – You. – Me? | -你。 – 我? |
[26:29] | You are such a good parent. | 你真是个好父母。 |
[26:31] | You are so patient. | 你太耐心了。 |
[26:32] | You’re so calm, and you’re so involved. | 你是如此的镇定,而且如此投入。 |
[26:34] | And I watched you, | 我看着你, |
[26:36] | and I could only aspire to be as good as you. | ,我只能渴望和你一样出色。 |
[26:39] | And Victor hates you. Okay. | 维克多恨你。 好的。 |
[26:41] | You know who I hated when I was nine years old? | 你知道我九岁的时候讨厌谁吗? |
[26:43] | Mom. | 妈妈。 |
[26:44] | Remember, she was on her crazy health food kick | 记住,她正在疯狂地吃健康食品 |
[26:46] | and only put wheat germ cookies in our lunch box? | 只在我们的午餐盒里放麦芽饼干吗? |
[26:48] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. |
[26:49] | She was deplorable, and I hated her. | 她可悲,我恨她。 |
[26:51] | I loved her, but I also hated her. | 我爱她,但我也恨她。 |
[26:54] | But I didn’t tell her that I loved her. | 但是我没有告诉她我爱她。 |
[26:55] | I only said I hated her. | 我只说我恨她。 |
[26:58] | And that little guy needs you. | 那小家伙需要你。 |
[27:00] | And he loves you, and I know he loves you | 他爱你,我知道他爱你 |
[27:02] | because it’s impossible not to love you. | 因为不可能不爱你。 |
[27:05] | For real. | 真实。 |
[27:07] | Listen to me. | 听我说。 |
[27:08] | What are you trying to do to me? | 你想对我做什么? |
[27:18] | – Hey. | – Hey. |
[27:21] | Aren’t you gonna be late? | 你不会迟到吗? |
[27:22] | No. My mom took Jabbar. | 不,我妈妈带了贾巴尔。 |
[27:25] | Oh. | 哦。 |
[27:26] | I wanted to talk to you about what happened with her. | 我想和你谈谈她发生了什么。 |
[27:30] | I feel really bad. | 我真的好难受。 |
[27:31] | You don’t have to say that. | 你不必这么说。 |
[27:33] | But I appreciate it. Thank you. | 但我很感激。 谢谢。 |
[27:37] | Appreciate what? | 欣赏什么? |
[27:39] | – That was an apology, right? – No, it wasn’t. | -道歉,对吧? -不,不是。 |
[27:41] | Why would I be apologizing? | 我为什么要道歉? |
[27:42] | Why would you– | 你为什么- |
[27:45] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么也没做。 |
[27:46] | Well, maybe you’d apologize | 好吧,也许你会道歉 |
[27:47] | because we were supposed to go in | 因为我们应该进去 |
[27:48] | as a unified front and confront your mother | 作为统一战线,面对母亲 |
[27:51] | and then right in the middle of it, | ,然后就在其中, |
[27:52] | you just pulled the ripcord | 您刚刚拉出了绳索 |
[27:53] | and the chute deployed and you were gone. | 和滑道展开,您走了。 |
[27:55] | Yeah, but– | 是的,但是- |
[27:57] | I think maybe I would deserve an apology because of that. | 我认为因此我应该为此道歉。 |
[27:59] | No, I didn’t know you were gonna come at her like that. | 不,我不知道你会那样向她走来。 |
[28:01] | I didn’t come at her. | 我没来找她 |
[28:02] | Yes, you did. You confronted her. | 是的,你做到了。 你面对她。 |
[28:03] | We had a conversation, | 我们进行了交谈, |
[28:05] | and then I look over and my partner is taking a nap, | 然后我看了一眼,我的伴侣正在小睡, |
[28:07] | or even worse, joined her side. | 甚至更糟的是,加入了她的身边。 |
[28:09] | – I didn’t join her side, okay? – Oh, really? Okay. | -我没有加入她的身边,好吗? – 真的吗? 好的。 |
[28:12] | Look, just apologize. | 看,对不起。 |
[28:14] | – It’ll make it all right. – No, I can’t. | -会没事的。 -不,我不能。 |
[28:15] | – Yes. – I’m not gonna apologize. | -是的。 -我不会道歉。 |
[28:18] | Just be the bigger man and apologize. | 只是做个大个子而道歉。 |
[28:20] | – I can’t– – Okay? Please? | -我不能–好吗? 请? |
[28:22] | Sweetie, I’m– I cannot do that. | 亲爱的,我-我做不到。 |
[28:24] | I’m not gonna do that. | 我不会那样做。 |
[28:26] | What has to happen is you have to learn | 必须发生的事情是您必须学习 |
[28:27] | to confront your mother. | 面对你的母亲。 |
[28:29] | – That’s what’s really going on. – What? | -这就是真正的事实。 – 什么? |
[28:30] | – That is not–that’s– – That’s– | -不是-是-是- |
[28:31] | – that’s the big issue. – No, it’s not. | -这是大问题。 – 不,这不对。 |
[28:32] | When’s the last time you did? | 你上次是什么时候? |
[28:34] | Eh? | 恩? |
[28:36] | That’s the–oh, that’s crazy? | 那是-哦,这很疯狂吗? |
[28:38] | That’s crazy talk? | 那是个疯狂的话题? |
[28:39] | When’s the last time you confronted your mom? | 你最后一次遇到妈妈是什么时候? |
[28:47] | You’re on the right side of this argument. | 您在这个论点的右边。 |
[29:03] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[29:05] | – Hi. | – Hi. |
[29:07] | How are you? | 你好吗? |
[29:09] | I’m good. How are you? | 我很好。 你好吗? |
[29:10] | – I’m good. – Come in. | -我很好。 – 进来吧。 |
[29:12] | – Oh. – My place is wrecked ’cause– | 哦 -我的地方毁了,因为- |
[29:14] | I know, I know, I know. That’s okay. | 我知道,我知道,我知道。 没关系。 |
[29:15] | We could, uh–we could just talk about it out here. | 我们可以,呃-我们可以在这里讨论一下。 |
[29:17] | – Yeah. | – Yeah. |
[29:18] | You look great. | 你看起来很棒。 |
[29:19] | – Thanks. – Beautiful. | -谢谢。 -好漂亮 |
[29:22] | – Um… – And why’d you swing by? | -嗯…-你为什么要过去? |
[29:24] | – It’s a surprise. – Right. Yes. | -令人惊讶。 – 对。 是。 |
[29:26] | Because I just wanted to… Check up on you. | 因为我只是想…检查您。 |
[29:29] | – Oh. – See how you were doing. | -哦。 -看你最近怎么样。 |
[29:30] | Say hi. | 打招呼。 |
[29:31] | I know you’ve been hanging out with Zeek. | 我知道您一直在和Zeek闲逛。 |
[29:33] | That’s probably fun. Having some playdates. | 可能很有趣。 有一些约会。 |
[29:35] | – He’s a good hang. – Yeah, he’s a great hang. | -他是个好人。 -是的,他很棒。 |
[29:38] | That’s cool. He told me you, um, | 太酷了。 他告诉我你, |
[29:40] | talked to Joel. | 与乔尔交谈。 |
[29:41] | You went back and apologized. | 您回去道歉。 |
[29:42] | And I just thought that was, like, very– | 而且我只是以为- |
[29:44] | No, I-I went back. | 不,我-我回去了。 |
[29:46] | I wasn’t trying to work my way– | 我不是在努力工作- |
[29:48] | – I know. – No, really. | -我知道。 – 不完全是。 |
[29:50] | – No, I-I get it. – Okay. | -不,我知道。 – 好的。 |
[29:51] | I get it, I was just actually gonna say | 我明白了,我只是想说 |
[29:53] | that I was proud of you. | 我为你感到骄傲。 |
[29:55] | Yeah, I went back and asked him for my job back. | 是的,我回去向他要我的工作。 |
[29:57] | Wow. | 哇。 |
[29:58] | It didn’t– it didn’t work out. | 没有-没有成功。 |
[30:00] | Sounds like the attitude of a quitter. | 听起来像个戒烟者。 |
[30:04] | – Me? – Yeah! | – 我? -是的! |
[30:06] | If you want the job, you should go back there. | 如果您想要这份工作,应该回到那里。 |
[30:08] | And, I mean, did you passionately tell him– | 而且,我是说,您是否热情地告诉他- |
[30:10] | Yes! I mean, I didn’t, like… | 是! 我的意思是,我不喜欢… |
[30:12] | Get on my knees and kiss his hand or any– | 跪下亲吻他的手- |
[30:15] | I’m just saying, I think if you wanted the job, | 我只是说,我想如果你想要这份工作, |
[30:17] | you could get it back. I made it very clear. | 你可以拿回来。 我说得很清楚。 |
[30:19] | Mm, take it from somebody who has experience | 嗯,从有经验的人那里拿来 |
[30:21] | bribing Joel. | 贿赂乔尔。 |
[30:23] | It’s–it’s doable. You just gotta get | 这是可行的。 你只要得到 |
[30:25] | a very honest look on your face | 你的脸很诚实 |
[30:27] | and bring some treats. | 并带来一些款待。 |
[30:29] | I think it could work and, you know, | 我认为它可以工作,而且, |
[30:30] | what’s the worst that could happen? | 可能发生的最坏情况是什么? |
[30:36] | It’s so cold. Do you wanna– | 好冷。 你要不要 – |
[30:39] | – I can’t. – Okay. | -我不能。 – 好的。 |
[30:43] | Well, I… | 好吧,我… |
[30:46] | I should go. | 我应该走了。 |
[30:47] | Yeah, it’s really good to see you. | 是的,见到您真是太好了。 |
[30:49] | You too. | 你也是。 |
[30:53] | Well… | 好吧… |
[30:56] | See you soon. | 很快见。 |
[30:58] | I hope so. | 我希望是这样。 |
[31:08] | Bye. | 再见。 |
[31:13] | Can I wear slippers to school? | 我可以穿拖鞋去学校吗? |
[31:15] | No, you can’t wear your slippers to school. | 不,你不能穿拖鞋去学校。 |
[31:17] | Well, they’re warm. | 好吧,他们很温暖。 |
[31:18] | Well, they’re slippers. | 好吧,他们是拖鞋。 |
[31:22] | – Wear your slippers to school. – Really? | -穿拖鞋上学。 -真的吗? |
[31:24] | – Yes. – Yay! | -是的。 – 好极了! |
[31:25] | Can I wear my slippers to school? | 我可以穿拖鞋去学校吗? |
[31:27] | Do you want to wear your slippers to school? | 您想穿拖鞋去学校吗? |
[31:28] | – No. – Good. | -不-好。 |
[31:29] | Hey, Victor. | 嘿,维克多。 |
[31:30] | Yes? | 是吗? |
[31:32] | Um, come here. | 嗯,过来。 |
[31:33] | I already did my homework. It’s fine. | 我已经做完作业了。 没关系。 |
[31:35] | Good. Um… | 好。 嗯… |
[31:37] | That’s not what I wanted to talk to you about, though. | 那不是我想和你谈的。 |
[31:42] | Joel–your dad–and I | 乔尔-你的父亲-和我 |
[31:45] | are going to choose a date next week | 下周要选择一个日期 |
[31:47] | to finalize your adoption. | 最终确定您的采用。 |
[31:52] | You know what that means? | 你知道那是什么意思吗? |
[31:53] | Not really. | 不是。 |
[31:55] | Okay… | 好吧… |
[31:56] | Uh… That means we’re gonna go to court, | 嗯…这意味着我们要去法庭上, |
[31:58] | all of us together. | 我们所有人在一起。 |
[32:00] | And we’re gonna stand in front of a judge, | 我们要站在法官面前, |
[32:02] | and we will promise to take care of you. | ,我们将承诺照顾您。 |
[32:04] | And we’ll probably sign some papers | 而且我们可能会签署一些文件 |
[32:07] | and then we will be your mom and dad… | 然后我们将成为您的父母。 |
[32:10] | From now on. | 从现在开始。 |
[32:16] | Does that sound good to you? | 听起来对您有好处吗? |
[32:18] | Sure. | 当然可以。 |
[32:20] | I’m gonna go get my backpack. | 我要去拿背包。 |
[32:22] | Okay. | 好吧。 |
[32:29] | You sure? | 你确定吗? |
[32:33] | Nope. Heh. | 不。 嘿。 |
[32:34] | But you know… | 但是你知道… |
[32:43] | So next Tuesday, there will be | 因此,下周二将会有 |
[32:45] | a parent education seminar | 家长教育研讨会 |
[32:47] | on new approaches to learning math, | 关于学习数学的新方法, |
[32:48] | led by Dr. Arroyo, and anyone interested | 由Arroyo博士和其他感兴趣的人领导 |
[32:51] | can show up at 6:00, no need to rsvp. | 可以在6:00出现,无需rsvp。 |
[32:54] | Now, our final order of business | 现在,我们的最终业务订单 |
[32:56] | is a proposal by Kristina Braverman | 是Kristina Braverman的建议
带回自动贩卖机的 |
[33:00] | that we bring back the vending machine | 去年在这里的 |
[33:02] | that was here last year. | 。 |
[33:03] | I’m confused. | 我很困惑。 |
[33:04] | That matter’s settled. | 这件事解决了。 |
[33:05] | We voted on it last year. | 我们去年对它进行了投票。 |
[33:07] | I agree. | 我同意。 |
[33:08] | So why are we talking about it again? | 那么,为什么我们再次谈论它呢? |
[33:10] | – I am not sure. – Sorry, guys. | -我不确定。 – 对不起大家。 |
[33:12] | I just–I don’t get to many of these meetings, | 我只是-我参加的会议不多, |
[33:14] | but it thought that– can I just talk out loud? | 但它认为-我可以大声说出来吗? |
[33:17] | Yeah. Come on up, Kristina. | 是的。 来吧,克里斯蒂娜。 |
[33:18] | I’mokay. | 我很好。 |
[33:20] | I have– I just wrote some notes | 我有-我刚刚写了一些笔记 |
[33:23] | that maybe I could just share with you guys, | 也许我可以和你们分享一下, |
[33:24] | just to give you a better understanding. | 只是为了让您更好地理解。 |
[33:26] | Look, I understand the reasons | 看,我明白原因 |
[33:27] | why you want them out of the school. | 为什么要他们离开学校。 |
[33:29] | Okay? I get that. | 好吗? 我明白了。 |
[33:31] | So why are we having this conversation? | 那么我们为什么要进行这次对话? |
[33:34] | Well, we’re talking about this for a couple of reasons. | 好吧,出于几个原因,我们在谈论这一点。 |
[33:36] | Well, first of all, I found out | 好吧,首先,我发现了 |
[33:37] | that the extra money from the vending machines | 来自自动售货机的多余钱 |
[33:40] | went to support programs like art and music | 去支持艺术和音乐等计划 |
[33:42] | and helped fund the P.E. Right? | 并协助筹款 对? |
[33:45] | – That’s right. | – That’s right. |
[33:47] | And now we don’t have that. Okay? | 现在我们没有了。 好的? |
[33:49] | Last year alone, we brought in… | 仅去年,我们带来了… |
[33:50] | $12,400, it generated. Okay. | $ 12,400,它产生了。 好的。 |
[33:53] | So there’s a gaping hole in the budget. | 因此,预算中有一个空白。 |
[33:55] | I’m sorry to hear about a missing art class. | 很遗憾听到缺少美术课的消息。 |
[33:57] | But I don’t see why my daughter’s allowance | 但我不明白为什么我的女儿有津贴 |
[34:00] | should be responsible for taking care of that. | 应该对此负责。 |
[34:02] | Okay, I understand all of that, but here’s the thing. | 好吧,我理解所有这些,但这就是问题。 |
[34:04] | Your daughter’s allowance may be going somewhere else. | 您女儿的津贴可能去了其他地方。 |
[34:08] | At least we have some control in the school. | 至少我们在学校有一些控制权。 |
[34:10] | What’s happening is that our kids are buying junk food. | 发生的事情是我们的孩子正在购买垃圾食品。 |
[34:13] | And they’re buying more junk food | 而且他们正在购买更多的垃圾食品
来自便利店的 |
[34:15] | from convenience stores because it’s cheaper there. | ,因为那里便宜。 |
[34:18] | And our school is losing funds | 而且我们的学校正在亏本 |
[34:19] | because we don’t have that vending machine. | ,因为我们没有那台自动售货机。 |
[34:21] | So we really haven’t solved the problem, you guys. | 大家,我们真的还没有解决问题。 |
[34:23] | We’ve just sort of, like, moved it. | 我们已经将其移动了。 |
[34:24] | Yep. | 是的。 |
[34:25] | And that’s not helping anybody. | 但这并没有帮助任何人。 |
[34:27] | So this is what I propose. | 这就是我的建议。 |
[34:29] | I propose that we bring back the vending machines, | 我建议我们带回自动售货机, |
[34:31] | and we offer the kids healthy choices. | ,我们为孩子们提供健康的选择。 |
[34:34] | We fill those vending machines with fruits and vegetables | 我们在自动贩卖机中装满水果和蔬菜 |
[34:37] | and low-sugar choices and healthy foods. | 和低糖选择和健康食品。 |
[34:40] | – Do they have those? – Oh, God, yeah. | -他们有那些吗? -哦,天,是的。 |
[34:42] | The have those. Other schools have those. | 有那些。 其他学校也有。 |
[34:43] | – I’ve looked into it. – Do they carry diet Pepsi? | -我已经调查过了。 -他们有饮食百事可乐吗? |
[34:47] | Because I’m gonna be honest, after fifth period, | 因为我老实说,在第五阶段之后, |
[34:50] | I would do anything for a cold diet Pepsi. | 我会为百事可乐的冷饮食做任何事情。 |
[34:52] | Don’t know, but I will look into it. | 不知道,但我会调查一下。 |
[35:03] | Hank. | 汉克。 |
[35:05] | Hey. | 嗨。 |
[35:06] | Hey. | 嗨。 |
[35:07] | Yeah, she’s, uh… | 是的,她,呃… |
[35:09] | She’s not in right now. | 她现在不在。 |
[35:10] | Oh, I-I came to talk to you, actually. | 哦,我,我是来和您聊天的。 |
[35:13] | – Oh. – Yeah. | 哦 -是的 |
[35:14] | All right. | 好吧。 |
[35:15] | You wanna– you wanna go inside? | 你想-你想进去吗? |
[35:17] | Oh, no, that’s okay. | 哦,不,没关系。 |
[35:18] | Um, I just, uh… | 恩,我只是,恩… |
[35:22] | You know, the more I think about… | 你知道,我想的越多… |
[35:24] | Everything that happened with me and Sarah, | 我和莎拉发生的一切, |
[35:26] | the more I realize that… | 我越发意识到… |
[35:28] | What you did was– was calculated | 您所做的是-计算得出的 |
[35:31] | and manipulative and cowardly– | 操纵而怯ward |
[35:34] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. I don’t know– | 哇,哇,哇,哇。 我不知道 – |
[35:35] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么。 |
[35:37] | Well, you– you kissed her. | 好吧,你-你亲了她。 |
[35:39] | You kissed her when you knew that we were engaged. | 当您知道我们订婚时,您亲吻了她。 |
[35:42] | Are you gonna deny that? | 你会否认吗? |
[35:44] | – All right, look– – Okay, so no. | -好吧,您看–好的,不。 |
[35:45] | You’re not gonna deny it, so you think it’s okay | 您不会否认它,所以您认为还可以 |
[35:47] | to kiss another man’s fiancee? | 亲吻另一个男人的未婚妻? |
[35:50] | Listen, listen, listen. | 听,听,听。 |
[35:51] | I don’t calculate to kiss anybody. Okay? | 我不打算亲吻任何人。 好的? |
[35:53] | So just relax and maybe walk around the block once– | 所以放松一下,也许绕过街区一次- |
[35:56] | I don’t need to take a walk around the block. | 我不需要在街区周围走走。 |
[35:58] | I-I’m fine. | 我很好。 |
[35:59] | I just came here to tell you | 我只是来这里告诉你 |
[36:00] | that I am still in love with Sarah, | 我仍然爱着Sarah, |
[36:02] | and I’m going to be the classy guy | ,我要成为一个优雅的家伙 |
[36:04] | that you never were and tell you to your face | 你从来没有来过,并告诉你你的脸 |
[36:07] | that I’m planning on taking her back. | 我打算带她回去。 |
[36:31] | Oh, no, there he is. | 哦,不,他在那里。 |
[36:33] | The guy that cost us all a grand in a single day. | 在一天之内花费了我们所有人的家伙。 |
[36:35] | That’s me. | 是我。 |
[36:36] | You cost me a grand every day. | 你每天花我很多钱。 |
[36:38] | – What are you talking about? – I’m just looking out for you. | -您在说什么? -我只是在找你。 |
[36:41] | – He’s dangerous. – Would you go | -他很危险。 – 你会去吗 |
[36:42] | make yourself useful or something? | 使自己有用或有所作为? |
[36:44] | – Sorry. – Uh, listen, I really | -对不起。 -嗯,听着,我真的 |
[36:46] | struck the wrong note with you last time. | 上次给您打错了字条。 |
[36:48] | – I’m sorry about that. – Oh, you were fine. | -很抱歉。 -哦,你还好。 |
[36:49] | No, I, um… | 不,我,嗯… |
[36:51] | I’m not asking for my job back. | 我不是要我的工作。 |
[36:53] | I just didn’t want things to be weird here. | 我只是不想让事情变得奇怪。 |
[36:55] | I appreciate that. | 我很感激。 |
[36:57] | That’s–that’s not weird. | 那并不奇怪。 |
[36:58] | It’s ballsy of you to come back. | 很高兴你回来。 |
[37:00] | – Thanks. – Yeah. | -谢谢。 -是的 |
[37:03] | Donuts. | 甜甜圈。 |
[37:06] | Did Amber tell you I like donuts? | 琥珀告诉过我我喜欢甜甜圈吗? |
[37:08] | I have a source. I can’t tell you who it is. | 我有消息来源。 我不能告诉你是谁。 |
[37:10] | Yeah. Oh, man. | 是的。 天啊。 |
[37:11] | You nailed it. Thank you. | 你钉了它。 谢谢。 |
[37:13] | Thank you. Um… | 谢谢。 嗯… |
[37:16] | You’re a really good guy, and–and I’m so glad | 你真是个好人,而且-我很高兴 |
[37:18] | that you hired me in the first place, and then… | 首先雇用了我,然后… |
[37:21] | You know… | 你知道… |
[37:23] | No hard feelings. | 别往心里放。 |
[37:25] | Yeah. None whatsoever. | 是的。 没有任何。 |
[37:26] | Thanks. | 谢谢。 |
[37:31] | Hey. Ryan? | 嗨。 瑞安 |
[37:35] | You got gloves in your car? | 你的车上戴手套了吗? |
[37:36] | Yes, sir. | 是的,先生。 |
[37:37] | Then go get ’em. | 然后去拿他们。 |
[37:39] | I’m gonna teach you how to sweat some pipe. | 我要教你如何为管子出汗。 |
[37:40] | – Really? Ohh! – All right. | -真的吗? 哦! – 行。 |
[37:41] | Thank you so much! | 非常感谢! |
[37:42] | Okay, I’ll be– I’ll be right back. | 好吧,我会-我马上回来。 |
[37:44] | Yeah. | 是的。 |
[37:46] | That’s just a “yabba-dabba-doo” | 那只是一个“ yabba-dabba-doo” |
[37:48] | that you’ve added a “g” to. | ,您已经在其中添加了“ g”。 |
[37:49] | Scrabba-dabba-do! | Scrabba-dabba-do! |
[37:51] | Yeah, that’s not original. | 是的,这不是原创的。 |
[37:52] | That’s stolen. | 那被偷了。 |
[37:53] | Scrabba-dabba-do! | Scrabba-dabba-do! |
[37:54] | You stole that from Fred Flintstone. | 您是从弗雷德·弗林特斯通偷来的。 |
[37:56] | He’s like, “ooh!” | 他就像,“哦!” |
[37:57] | Got your plate ready for you. | 为您准备好了盘子。 |
[37:59] | Thank you. But if you don’t mind, | 谢谢。 但是如果你不介意 |
[38:01] | I’m just going to eat my dinner in my room. | 我要在房间里吃晚餐。 |
[38:02] | Wait. Why? | 等等。 为什么? |
[38:04] | You know, it, uh, it just seems like | 你知道,嗯,好像 |
[38:07] | it might be better for me to not interfere with things. | 最好不要干扰我。 |
[38:09] | Mom, you’re not interfering with anything. | 妈妈,您什么都没有干涉。 |
[38:11] | Please just sit down and eat with us, please? | 请坐下来和我们一起吃饭,好吗? |
[38:13] | I’m gonna have my dinner in my room. | 我要在房间里吃晚餐。 |
[38:14] | You’re not gonna eat with us, grandma? | 你不想和我们一起吃饭,奶奶? |
[38:16] | No, but I am going to come in | 不,但是我要进来 |
[38:19] | and say good night to my baby boy later. | ,稍后再和我的男婴说声晚安。 |
[38:21] | Okay? | 好吗? |
[38:22] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好的。 – 谢谢。 |
[38:25] | Hmm. Mm-hmm. | 嗯。 嗯 |
[38:29] | Mmhmm. | 嗯。 |
[38:36] | – Hi. – Hey. | 嗨 嘿 |
[38:38] | I got the donuts, even though you told me– | 即使你告诉我,我也得到了甜甜圈 |
[38:41] | Good! Listen, I saw Mark. | 好! 听着,我看见了马克。 |
[38:44] | – Okay. – Yeah, I saw him right outside. | -好的。 -是的,我在外面看见他。 |
[38:46] | – I, uh– – Okay, sorry. | -我,嗯–抱歉。 |
[38:48] | – What is he– – He was just waiting for me. | -他是什么–他只是在等我。 |
[38:50] | – You know, I– – Waiting for you? | -你知道,我–在等你吗? |
[38:51] | – Yeah, yeah. – Why? | -是的。 -为什么? |
[38:53] | He’d been out there I don’t know how long. | 他去过那里,我不知道多久了。 |
[38:54] | But, uh… | 可是 |
[38:56] | He told me he wanted to win you back. | 他告诉我他想赢回你。 |
[39:01] | Yeah. Okay. | 是的。 好的。 |
[39:02] | So I don’t know. | 所以我不知道。 |
[39:06] | You know, I don’t know. | 你知道,我不知道。 |
[39:07] | I’m just telling you. | 我只是告诉你。 |
[39:08] | I’m just telling you what happened. | 我只是告诉你发生了什么事。 |
[39:09] | He, uh, basically… | 他,嗯,基本上… |
[39:12] | Challenged me to a duel maybe or something, which– | 也许是我挑战了决斗之类的东西- |
[39:15] | – I’m sorry, I did– I had no, uh– | -对不起,我做到了-我没有,嗯- |
[39:17] | I don’t know what to say. | 我不知道该怎么说。 |
[39:18] | Yeah, you had the coffee with him, and then… | 是的,你和他一起喝咖啡,然后… |
[39:20] | – Oh, my God. – He came over. | -天哪。 -他过来了。 |
[39:21] | No, I’m just saying. | 不,我只是说。 |
[39:23] | I didn’t, uh, do anything magical | 我没有做任何神奇的事情
在我们的咖啡中 |
[39:25] | in our coffee that would make him say that. | 会让他这么说。 |
[39:28] | You told him about the kiss. | 您告诉了他亲吻的事。 |
[39:29] | Why did you tell him about the kiss? | 你为什么告诉他这个吻? |
[39:30] | I | |
[39:31] | I don’t understand what’s happening here. | 我不明白这里发生了什么。 |
[39:34] | I’m just asking why would you tell him something like that? | 我只是问你为什么要告诉他这样的话? |
[39:36] | No, you’re not just asking, you’re– | 不,你不只是问,你是- |
[39:37] | Why would I tell him something like that? | 我为什么要告诉他这样的话? |
[39:39] | Because, at the time, we were engaged. | 因为当时我们订婚了。 |
[39:40] | And he asked if I ever cheated on him with you, | 他问我是否曾经和你一起欺骗过他, |
[39:43] | and I didn’t, so I wanted to tell him | 而我没有,所以我想告诉他 |
[39:45] | the one thing that did happen. | 发生的一件事。 |
[39:47] | And I don’t know why that’s upsetting to you. | 而且我不知道为什么这让你不高兴。 |
[39:49] | It’s upsetting. I don’t want this. | 很伤心 我不要这个 |
[39:51] | I don’t want this. | 我不要这个。 |
[39:53] | I don’t want to be the jealous guy. | 我不想成为嫉妒的家伙。 |
[39:54] | I don’t want to be involved in this drama. | 我不想参与这部戏。 |
[39:56] | I didn’t want this. I didn’t want anything. | 我不要这个。 我什么都不想要 |
[39:58] | Okay, well, you don’t have to have it. | 好吧,你不必拥有它。 |
[39:59] | No, but–but–but– I-I–but– | 不,但是-但是-但是-我-但是- |
[40:02] | it happened. I didn’t calculate it. | 发生了。 我没有计算。 |
[40:04] | I didn’t manipulate it. It happened. | 我没有操纵它。 它发生了。 |
[40:05] | – Well, no one was accusing– – And I like it, I like it! | -好吧,没人在指责–我喜欢,我喜欢! |
[40:07] | – Oh, you do like it? – Yeah, yes! | -哦,你喜欢吗? -是的,是的! |
[40:09] | Okay, thanks. I didn’t know. I wasn’t sure. | 好,谢谢。 我不知道 我不确定。 |
[40:11] | But I don’t like… | 但我不喜欢… |
[40:13] | I don’t like where it’s gonna end up. | 我不喜欢它会在哪里结束。 |
[40:15] | Howwhere is it gonna end up? | 到哪里去? |
[40:16] | Because I can see, I can see what’s happening. | 因为可以看到,所以可以看到发生了什么。 |
[40:18] | I know… | 我知道… |
[40:19] | – I’m screwed, I just– – Why? | -我搞砸了,我只是–为什么? |
[40:21] | – Because. – Why do you say that? | -因为。 -为什么这么说? |
[40:22] | Because I’m into this. | 因为我很喜欢这个。 |
[40:24] | Okay. I… | 好吧。 一世… |
[40:27] | never heard that from you before. | 从来没有听说过您的消息。 |
[40:34] | And–where you going now? | 而且-您现在要去哪里? |
[40:35] | I gotta go. | I gotta go. |
[40:37] | I gotta think this– I gotta– | 我得这样想-我要- |
[40:38] | – Don’t go! – Listen. | -不要走! -听着 |
[40:39] | “I’m into this,” and walk away? | “我喜欢这个,”然后走开吗? |
[40:41] | That’s– you can’t do both. | 那是-您不能两者都做。 |
[40:43] | – You gotta figure it out. – Why do I have to figure– | -你得弄清楚。 -为什么我要算- |
[40:46] | I don’t know what you’re doing, but– | 我不知道你在做什么,但是- |
[40:48] | What do I have to figure out? | 我必须弄清楚什么? |
[40:49] | You gotta figure out what you want! | 你得弄清楚你想要什么! |
[40:50] | Am I not here doing this with you? | 我不是在这里和你一起吗? |
[40:51] | Why are you walking away from me? Please! | 你为什么要离开我? 请! |
[40:54] | I know what I want. He knows what he wants. | 我知道我想要什么。 他知道他想要什么。 |
[40:56] | You gotta figure out what you want. | 您必须弄清楚自己想要什么。 |
[41:11] | – Max! Max! – What? | -最大! 马克斯! – 什么? |
[41:13] | – You’re loud. – Max, come with me. | -大声 -马克斯,跟我来。 |
[41:15] | You’ve gotta see this. | 你一定要看这个。 |
[41:16] | No, I have two books to return to the library. | 不,我有两本书要回图书馆。 |
[41:18] | – Max, it’s back. – What is? | -最大,回来了。 – 什么是? |
[41:19] | The vending machine. | 自动贩卖机。 |
[41:21] | It’s outside, Max. | 在外面,最大。 |
[41:23] | ♪ I wanna rest in peace, I wanna dance in joy ♪ | ♪我想安息,我想在欢乐中跳舞♪ |
[41:26] | – No running! – Move! | -没有跑步! -移动! |
[41:28] | ♪ I wanna dance in the graveyards, the graveyards ♪ | ♪我想在墓地里跳舞♪ |
[41:30] | ♪ and when I’m alive, I don’t wanna be alone ♪ | ♪当我还活着的时候,我不想一个人呆着♪ |
[41:33] | ♪ mourning the ones | ♪哀悼那些 |
[41:35] | Yes! | 是的! |
[41:36] | Yes! | 是的! |
[41:37] | Oh, my God, I did it. | 哦,天哪,我做到了。 |
[41:39] | I did–I really– I got– | 我做到了-我真的-我得到了- |
[41:41] | Yes! Yes! | 是的! 是! |
[41:44] | Yes! | 是的! |
[41:46] | ♪ I wanna live | ♪我想活着 |
[41:49] | ♪ and we will walk beyond | ♪,我们将超越 |
[41:51] | ♪ our daughters and sons | ♪我们的女儿和儿子 |
[41:53] | ♪ they will carry on | ♪他们会继续 |
[41:56] | ♪ like when we were young | ♪就像我们小时候一样 |
[41:58] | ♪ we will stand beside | ♪我们会站在旁边 |
[42:01] | ♪ and breathe in their new life ♪ | ♪呼吸新生命♪ |