时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | I’m waiting for this wave of love to wash over me, | 我也想让爱的浪潮沐浴我一下 |
[00:03] | and it’s just not happening. | 可是我就是感觉不到 |
[00:05] | This is the start of our act three. | 这就是我们新生活的开始 |
[00:08] | So you’re saying you want to sell our house. | 你是说你想卖掉我们的房子 |
[00:11] | I think we should talk about it. | 我觉得我们应该好好商量一下 |
[00:13] | I’m gonna run for mayor of Berkeley. | 我要去竞选贝克里市的市长 |
[00:16] | Nobody’s ever even heard of Kristina. | 克里斯蒂娜没有一点名气 |
[00:18] | She’s never run for office. | 她从来都没竞选过任何职位 |
[00:19] | It’s not like she’s running for the presidency. | 她不是在竞选总统 |
[00:21] | I don’t know how realistic it is. | 我不明白现实状况如何 |
[00:22] | – You got my back, right? – Right. | – 你支持我的对吧 – 当然 |
[00:29] | Wow! | 哇哦 |
[00:32] | That’s awesome! | 简直太棒了 |
[00:34] | Stop staring at me like that. | 别那样看我 |
[00:35] | – I literally cannot look away. – Try. | – 我根本停不下来 – 试一试 |
[00:38] | This is the most fascinating contraption I have ever seen. | 那可是我见过的奇怪的玩意儿里最迷人的了 |
[00:41] | It’s pneumatic and it’s hydraulic. | 又靠气流又靠水压的 |
[00:43] | There’s fluid and air. It’s– | 里面又有空气又有液体 它… |
[00:45] | – it’s really not that fascinating, okay? | 它没你说得那么迷人好吧 |
[00:47] | I feel like a big old cow. | 我现在就像一头大老奶牛 |
[00:48] | A big, lactating, unsexy, sleep-deprived cow. | 一头正在产奶而且还睡不了觉 一点都不性感的大奶牛 |
[00:52] | You know what? I haven’t slept | 你知道吗 自从那家伙出生以后 |
[00:54] | more than 20 minutes in a row since that thing came out of me. | 我再也没有睡过连续二十分钟以上的觉 |
[00:56] | [Baby screaming] | 【婴儿歇斯底里的哭闹】 |
[00:58] | She’s gotta take this bottle. I mean, seriously, | 她得用这个瓶子吃奶 我是说真的 |
[01:00] | I-I really need a break,or else I’m gonna die. | 我真得好好休息一下 不然我就得累死了 |
[01:02] | And then, at that point, | 到那时候 |
[01:04] | my breasts will no longer be an option | 她就再也没机会吃上我的奶 |
[01:05] | because I will be dead. | 因为我那时候已经死了 |
[01:07] | Okay, so you want me to hook– I hook her to this? | 好吧 那你现在想让我抱着她用这个喂她吃奶 |
[01:10] | – No. – Does it have, like, a reverse? | – 不 – 这个玩意儿有,嗯,倒档之类的 |
[01:12] | It’s got a reverse button? | 有返回键吗 |
[01:13] | – No. – Oh, I’m going here. Okay. | – 没有 – 哦 我要去妈妈那儿啰 |
[01:15] | – Just give her to me. – You got more in there? | – 把她给我吧 – 你还有奶吗 |
[01:16] | – It’s not- -yeah. [Baby crying] | 这并不是… – 好吧 我懂 |
[01:21] | Come on, come on. | 来来来 来喝奶啊 |
[01:23] | You look so beautiful right now. | 你现在看起来美到爆了 |
[01:25] | [Baby crying]You look very beautiful. | 【婴儿哭声】你真是美极了 |
[01:29] | Shh… | 嘘… |
[01:32] | Thanks for doing this at the last minute. | 你最后能决定来我真是太感激了 |
[01:34] | Oh, my pleasure. | 不不不,这是我的荣幸 |
[01:35] | You’re literally, like, the only photographer available. | 说真的 你就像是我最后能找到的摄影师了 |
[01:37] | I mean, seriously, I must have called, like, 100 people | 我是说真的 在我找到你的网站之前 |
[01:39] | before I found your web site.[Giggles] | 我都差不多快打电话找了一百个人了 |
[01:41] | – That many, huh? – Which I loved. | – 那么多吗 – 你的网站太美了 |
[01:42] | Your web site– beautiful. | 正是我喜欢的类型 |
[01:44] | There’s no people, though. | 尽管照片里一个人也没有 |
[01:45] | No, I’m trying to specialize in pho-dog-raphy,so… | 是的 我现在正在努力专攻于“萌犬摄影” |
[01:48] | – You’re really good. – Thank you. | – 你真的是很棒 – 谢谢 |
[01:50] | – How ’bout this? – Okay. | – 这个姿势如何 – 很好 |
[01:51] | – He has a great stomach. – Cute. | – 他有一个很棒的肚子 – 很萌 |
[01:53] | – Um… – Ready? One, two, three… | – 啊… – 准备好了吗 一二三… |
[01:55] | – Yeah, you like that? – Yes. | – 你喜欢这个吗 – 当然 |
[01:59] | Just make sure you don’t triple-check that list. Okay. | 那个清单你检查两遍就行 就这样 |
[02:01] | Okay, at 3:00 you have a phoner with kaitlin lonner. | 三点钟你有个叫凯特琳.龙勒电话来访 |
[02:04] | – Take a look at these. – Kaitlin lonner. | – 这些你看一下 – 凯特琳.龙勒 |
[02:05] | Yeah, she’s a local blogger. | 对 她是本地的一个博客作家 |
[02:07] | Site gets plenty of traffic,so it’s good. | 她有很多粉丝 所以说这是很好的资源 |
[02:09] | Put pens on the list too.We need pens. | 把钢笔加入清单中 我们需要大量的钢笔 |
[02:10] | Pens? I have pens. – No, no, no, no. | – 钢笔?我有笔 – 不不不 |
[02:12] | Like campaign pens.You know, people love free pens. | 我说的是竞选笔 人们都爱免费钢笔 |
[02:15] | Such a good idea! | 真是个好主意 |
[02:16] | When I go to the doctor’s office, I’m like, | 当我走进医生的办公室的时候 我就像是 |
[02:18] | “oh, there’s the pen.”It’s easy to remember. | “哦,那有一支笔” 这样很容易就被人记住 |
[02:19] | – You want a free pen, right? – Good morning, honey. | – 你想要免费的笔的对吧 – 哦嗨哟,北鼻 |
[02:21] | – Morning, honey. How are you? – I’m good. | – 啊哈哟,北鼻 你好吗 – 我还好 |
[02:22] | Coffee’s over there.Okay. | 好吧 咖啡在那儿呢 |
[02:23] | It’s more convenient over here. | 在这方便多了 |
[02:24] | [Doorbell rings]Is that the door? | 【门铃响了】 门铃响了吗 |
[02:25] | Okay, that’s probably the short guy. | 好吧 可能是小个子来了 |
[02:27] | I’m gonna grab it, you guys do the hubby-wife thing. | 我去开,你们继续忙你们的 |
[02:30] | Her ass is mine for the rest of the day, though. | 因为接下来的一天她都是属于我的 |
[02:31] | – Okay. Let’s go. – Wow. | – 好吧 我们就开始吧 – 哇哦 |
[02:33] | She is so amazing.I’m telling you, | 她很棒的。我告诉你 |
[02:33] | She is so amazing.I’m telling you, | 我告诉你 她很棒的 |
[02:35] | if Bob knew that she existed, | 如果鲍勃之前知道她的存在 |
[02:36] | he never would have hired me, ever. | 他绝对不会雇我的 |
[02:37] | Honey, you are an amazing campaign manager. | 北鼻,你是一个很棒的竞选管理员 |
[02:39] | Oh, it was fine,but she is on fire. | 哦,没事 ,不过她正在兴头上 |
[02:41] | Like, she’s actually making me think | 事实上 她让我觉得 |
[02:42] | that I can do this. | 我可以做到的 |
[02:44] | Like, I feel like a million bucks with her. | 她就像给我吃了一颗定心丸 |
[02:45] | Seriously, there’s no coffee? | 不是吧 没咖啡了 |
[02:47] | All right, so it wasn’t the shirt guy, | 好吧 不是那个T恤男 |
[02:49] | but our juice is here. | 但是我们的果汁来了 |
[02:50] | Good, we have extract juice,but no coffee. | 好吧,我们有一大箱果汁,但就是没有咖啡 |
[02:53] | I’ll put it on the list. | 我会把它加入清单的 |
[02:54] | The intern guy’s gonna run out later and get it. | 实习上做完工作就会去采购的 |
[02:56] | We have a meeting with the renewable energy people, | 我们待会儿和一个可再生能源人士有一个会 |
[02:58] | and they like their kale liquefied. | 他们喜欢把甘蓝液化掉 |
[03:00] | Can I get your credit card,Kristina? | 能把你的信用卡给我吗 克里斯蒂娜 |
[03:01] | Um… Oh. | 嗯…哦 |
[03:03] | [Whispering]Give her your credit card. | 【低声】把你信用卡给我 |
[03:04] | – Mine’s maxed out. – That’s not– | – 我的卡已经刷爆了 – 这不能… |
[03:05] | – the delivery charge. – No, no problem. | – 现金付款 – 不不 没关系 |
[03:07] | I had to get office supplies.You know how– | 我得负担办公室的开销 你知道这有多… |
[03:09] | – here you go, Heather. | 给你 海瑟 |
[03:10] | – Thank you. – All right. | – 谢谢 – 不用 |
[03:11] | Amazing how fast you run out of things. | 克里斯蒂娜:那些东西用得很快的 |
[03:15] | There’s your copy.There’s your credit card | 这是你的的复印件 这是你的信用卡 |
[03:16] | – and your receipt.- Okay. | – 还有你的收据 – 好吧 |
[03:18] | The tip is included. | 小费也包含在内 |
[03:21] | I might need 20 bucks later too for gas, but… | 带我我还要20美元来付气费 但是… |
[03:24] | Really? $250 for juice? | 开玩笑的吧 果汁要250美元 |
[03:26] | – Seriously? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 对 |
[03:35] | Amber, are you– | 安博 你是不是 |
[03:37] | – ooh! Hi. Hey. | 哦 嗨 嘿 |
[03:39] | – Hi. – I’m very sorry. | – 嗨 – 不好意思 |
[03:40] | No, don’t. It’s fine.Hang on. | 别别别 没关系的 等等 |
[03:41] | Hi. Come in. Don’t. It’s fine. | 嗨 进来吧 别走 没关系的 |
[03:44] | -I’ll leave. – Come in here. | – 我还是走吧 – 快进来 |
[03:46] | – Shh. It’s fine. What’s up. – It’s just my roommate- | – 嘘 没关系的 有什么事吗 – 没什么 只是我的室友他… |
[03:48] | I have a class at 8:00,and my roommate locked me out. | 我八点钟有一堂课 回去的时候我室友把我锁外边了 |
[03:51] | He put the– | 他把… |
[03:53] | he put the lacrosse stick on the door. | 他把曲棍球棍放在了门边 |
[03:54] | – Uh… – I’m sorry, what? | – 呃… – 不好意思 你说是什么 |
[03:56] | I can’t go in there.I don’t know– | 我不能回去了 我不知道 |
[03:57] | – oh, like a tie, or whatever? | 哦 就像是挂了一条领带之类的 |
[03:59] | – Yeah, it’s– – It’s like a– | – 对 那个… – 就像是… |
[04:02] | – you don’t have a place to sleep? | 你现在没有地方睡觉了是吗 |
[04:03] | – Yeah. No. And then I’m– – Drew. | – 对 是这样的 然后我就来找你了 – 德鲁 |
[04:05] | – I can leave. – That’s–no. Stay. | – 我会走的 – 别 留下吧 |
[04:06] | Just put your stuff down.Stay here. It’s great. | 把你的东西放下 留在这睡吧 没关系的 |
[04:08] | Yeah, and I can go– | 嗯 我可以去… |
[04:09] | – drew… – Do you guys need something? | – 德鲁… – 你们还需要什么吗 |
[04:10] | – Don’t go back out there. – Yeah. | – 别出去了 – 对了 |
[04:11] | We don’t really have anything for breakfast. | 实际上 我们明早上没什么东西做早饭 |
[04:13] | Honey– we’ll get breakfast tomorrow. | 亲爱的…早饭的事儿我们明天早上再说 |
[04:15] | It’s fine.You can totally stay, man. | 没关系的 你完全可以留下来 没关系的 |
[04:16] | We have our whole lives… | 我们这辈子… |
[04:17] | If you need something for breakfast or whatever… | 如果你有东西当早餐的话 随便吧 |
[04:19] | We have stuff. It’s fine. | 我们有那些东西 不用担心 |
[04:20] | – Okay? – All right. | – 好吗 – 好吧 |
[04:22] | – You want something to drink? – I’m sorry. | – 你想喝点什么吗 -不好意思 |
[04:23] | – You want something? – Sure. | – 你想要点什么吗 – 当然 |
[04:24] | Okay.This is gonna be fun. | 好了 这会很有趣的 |
[04:27] | [Truck reverse alarm beeping] | 【卡车倒车的警报声】 |
[04:28] | That’s it.Bring her back, my man. | 对 就是这样 把她弄进来吧 兄弟 |
[04:31] | Gently. | 温柔点 |
[04:34] | Bring her on back.Come on. | 再往后退点儿 加油 |
[04:36] | That’s it.You got plenty of room. | 就是这样 空间很充足 |
[04:40] | Come on back. | 再退点儿 |
[04:42] | Good, Billy! That’s it. | 很好 比利 就是这样 |
[04:45] | What is this? | 这是什么玩意儿 |
[04:47] | – Huh? – This. | – 啊 – 这个玩意儿 |
[04:50] | – This? – Yeah? | – 这个吗 – 对 |
[04:51] | This– come here a minute. | 这个… 过来一下 |
[04:53] | This is a 1965 Pontiac gto convertible coupe. | 这是65年产的庞蒂亚克GTO款活顶双门轿车 |
[05:00] | Now, you gotta use your imagination, | 现在 你得好好发挥你的想象力 |
[05:02] | but underneath all this dust | 想象一下在这灰尘下面的 |
[05:03] | is a beautiful metallic teal paint job. | 是一个蓝色金属尤物 |
[05:06] | What’s it doing in our driveway? | 它在我的车道上面干嘛 |
[05:08] | “Not “it.” Not “it.” “She.” | 不是”它“ 应该称”她“ |
[05:11] | What’s she doing here? | 是”她“ 在这儿干嘛 |
[05:12] | Okay, Billy,I think we’re good. | 行啦 比利 我们弄好了 |
[05:13] | Let her down.Let’s unhook her. | 把她放下来吧 把她解开吧 |
[05:15] | Come on. | 快点儿 |
[05:16] | Anyway, I got her from Walter at the vet center. | 不管怎样 我等告诉你 我是从兽医中心的沃特那儿得到她的 |
[05:19] | You bought it?We own this? | 你买了它 我们现在拥有它了是吧 |
[05:21] | She. We own her. | 是她 我们拥有了她 |
[05:24] | I mean, it was no big deal.Don’t think about the money. | 我是说 这没什么大不了的 别去想钱的事儿好吗 |
[05:27] | Walter practically gave her away. | 沃特简直是把她送给我的 |
[05:28] | The only thing she needs is a brand new engine, | 我们唯一要做的就是给她换一个新引擎 |
[05:30] | and that’s gonna be the fun part. | 这个部分会很有趣的 |
[05:31] | That’s a year-long project. | 那得花上一年的时间 |
[05:33] | No, six to eight months tops. | 不不不 最多六到八个月 |
[05:34] | This is your answer, right? | 这就是你给我的答案 是吧 |
[05:37] | I say I want to talk about possibly selling the house, | 我说我们得讨论一下是否要卖掉房子 |
[05:39] | and you pull a year-long project into the driveway? | 你却弄了一个需要一年的工程放到车道上是吗 |
[05:42] | Would you quit saying–six to eight months. | 你能别说了吗 再说这只需要六到八个月而已 |
[05:45] | Come on, give me some credit here, girl. | 来吧 闺女 给我争口气吧 |
[05:46] | Hey, don’t walk away from me. | 嘿 别从我身边走开 |
[05:48] | – Okay, Billy, let’s unhook her! – Jake. | – 好了 比利 来解开她吧 – 杰克 |
[05:49] | Come on.Isn’t she a beauty? | 快点儿 她是不是很美啊 |
[05:57] | and may your wishes all come true | |
[06:02] | and let others do for you | |
[06:07] | and climb on every rung | |
[06:09] | and may you stay | |
[06:11] | forever young | |
[06:14] | may you grow up to be righteous | |
[06:17] | may you grow up to be true | |
[06:19] | may you always know the truth | |
[06:21] | and see the lights surrounding you | |
[06:23] | may you always be courageous | |
[06:26] | stand upright and be strong | |
[06:28] | and may you stay | |
[06:30] | forever young | |
[06:33] | may you stay | |
[06:40] | Victor’s reading skills are anywhere near | 维克多的阅读技巧在离 |
[06:42] | – where they should be. – Right. | – 他应该在的水平还有一段距离 -对 |
[06:43] | – Yeah – I know he’s a little bit behind, | – 对 – 我知道他有一点落后 |
[06:46] | but he has, I mean,made leaps and bounds | 但是他 我是说 自从他跟我们在一起后 |
[06:49] | since he’s lived with us. | 已经有很大的进步了 |
[06:51] | I understand there are special circumstances, | 我知道你们的情况特殊 |
[06:53] | that’s why I wanted to speak with you both first | 这就是为什么我想在我做一些建议之前 |
[06:55] | before I make any sort of a recommendation. | 先跟你们俩都谈谈 |
[06:58] | Okay, what’s happening here?Recommendation for what? | 好吧 出什么事了 建议些什么 |
[07:00] | From what I’ve seen,Victor might benefit | 就我看来 维克多如果复读四年级的话 |
[07:02] | from repeating the fourth grade. | 会对他更有好 |
[07:05] | You wanna–you wanna hold him back? | 你想…你想让他留级吗 |
[07:08] | No, I don’t want to do anything here, now, | 不不不 我现在除了跟你们谈话之外 |
[07:11] | except open up a dialogue. | 不想做任何事 |
[07:13] | Generally speaking,we don’t like to move children | 一般来说 我们是不愿见到孩子们转到其他班学习的 |
[07:16] | into a different classroom unless it’s a last resort. | 除非是到了万不得已的情况 |
[07:18] | [Sighs] | 【叹气】 |
[07:20] | I mean, we read with him every night, | 我是说 我们每天晚上都在和他一起读书 |
[07:22] | but maybe we could read– do a little more reading. | 但我们或许可以多花一点时间多读一点儿 |
[07:25] | I don’t know. Um… | 我不知道 嗯… |
[07:27] | Julia’s got some time off from work. | 茱莉亚工作上有一段空闲的时间 |
[07:28] | – Maybe you could. – That would be wonderful. | – 或许你可以 – 那样就再好不过了 |
[07:31] | I mean, I was gonna suggest a tutor, but that’s even better. | 我是说 我本来想建议请一个家教的 但是你们能陪他的话就更好了 |
[07:33] | I can give you some extra reading assignments | 我可以给你们一些额外的阅读任务 |
[07:36] | and exercises. | 和练习 |
[07:37] | Victor is really a very,very sweet boy. | 维克多真的是一个非常非常可爱的男孩儿 |
[07:41] | Mmhmm. | 嗯 |
[07:42] | I’d like to see a little more effort, | 我很乐意看到一点成效 |
[07:44] | but I think that’ll come as he gains more confidence and– | 但是我认为他要是能多点自信的话就可以实现的 而且… |
[07:48] | – so what if he doesn’t?What if he doesn’t improve? | 但是要是他没有呢 要是他没有进步的话怎么办 |
[07:51] | Let’s just take a breath… | 我们先缓口气 |
[07:54] | Put these strategies in place. | 先试一试这些方法 |
[07:56] | We’ll see if it works, and, um, | 我们再看它成效如何 然后 嗯 |
[07:58] | then we’ll worry about making any decisions. | 我们再来担心做决定的事儿 |
[08:00] | – Thank you. – Mm-hmm. | – 谢谢 – 不用 |
[08:08] | All right, good attitude, Adam. | 很好 状态不错 亚当 |
[08:10] | Cut these costs. | 缩减这些预算 |
[08:12] | – Hi. – Yeah. | – 嗨 – 嗯 |
[08:14] | Can I work here?The wi-fi’s out in my building. | 我能在这儿工作么 我房间的WIfi断了 |
[08:16] | Wow, you gotta get a new super. | 哇哦 我们得从新安排一下晚饭了 |
[08:18] | I knew you were gonna say that. | 我就知道你会这么说 |
[08:19] | Yeah, come on in. | 行 进来吧 |
[08:21] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[08:23] | I am working on Kristina’s campaign budget. | 我在弄克里斯蒂娜的竞选预算呢 |
[08:25] | Doesn’t she have the woman that does that? | 不是有个女人在帮她做这些吗 |
[08:27] | Yeah, she’s got a campaign manager, Heather. | 对 她有个竞选经理 叫做海瑟 |
[08:29] | But if I let her do this,we’re gonna wind up | 但是要是我让她来做预算的话 |
[08:30] | in the hole for sure. | 我们一家子就得去住山洞了 |
[08:31] | $600 for pens! Do we really need pens? | 用600美元来买笔 有必要吗 |
[08:34] | I don’t think so.I love free pens. | 我不这样认为 我就喜欢能随拿随用的笔 |
[08:35] | Is that gonna make you vote for somebody? | 但那样是不是就能让你替某个人投一票呢 |
[08:36] | – Sure. – We’re gonna wind up bankrupt. | – 当然 – 我们会破产的 |
[08:37] | Look at this. $900 for head shots. | 看这个 900美元拍个大头贴 |
[08:40] | Get a photographer to take one picture of Kristina | 找一个摄影师给克里斯蒂娜拍一张照 |
[08:42] | for the lawn signs and all the other posters. | 来做草坪上的标签和所有的海报 |
[08:44] | Um… | 嗯… |
[08:47] | I’ll do the head shots. | 我来给她拍大头贴 |
[08:50] | – Sarah, I mean… – What? | – 莎拉 我是说… – 什么 |
[08:52] | You’ve never worked with a human being? | 你从来都没有给人拍过照 |
[08:54] | [Scoffs] Not professionally. | 【苦笑】不专业是吗 |
[08:57] | Well, I need a professional.This is a campaign… | 而我们得要一个专业的 这是一个竞选… |
[08:59] | I am a professional. | 我很专业 好吗 |
[09:00] | I just–I don’t feel good about working, | 我只是觉得 要是和家人一起工作的话 |
[09:02] | you know, with family. | 会很不自在的 |
[09:03] | I don’t think that’s a good idea. | 我并不觉得那是一个好主意 |
[09:04] | Is that why you went into business | 这就是你和你弟弟克罗斯比一起开公司 |
[09:05] | with your brother Crosby, | 还雇佣我的女儿做前台 |
[09:06] | and hired my daughter to work the front desk? | 的原因吗 |
[09:08] | All right, point taken. | 很好 戳中痛处了 |
[09:09] | Maybe you just feel good about working withthisfamily. | 可能你就是觉得和“这”一家人工作才是好的 |
[09:12] | If I’m gonna be spending close to $1,000 | 我要花掉将近1000美元 |
[09:13] | – on a photograph for a campaign– – You don’t have to. | – 就为了竞选的一张照片而已 – 你可以不用花那冤枉钱的 |
[09:14] | You know what?I’ll do it for free. | 你知道吗 我免费给你们拍 |
[09:16] | – For free? As in no money? – Yes. | – 免费吗 你是说不花一分钱 – 对 |
[09:17] | Yes. I want the shot. | 对 我想拍那张照片 |
[09:18] | – Satisfaction guaranteed? – Of course. | – 还保证满意 – 当然 |
[09:20] | We don’t like it,we can go somewhere else? Deal. | 我们要是不喜欢的话就可以去别家 成交 |
[09:23] | – $100. – $50. | – 100美元 – 50 |
[09:24] | – Fine. – Okay, it’s a deal. | – 好吧 – 成交 |
[09:30] | [Relaxed sigh] | 【放松的叹气】 |
[09:34] | [Baby crying] | 【婴儿哭】 |
[09:40] | I’m on it. I’m totally on it. | 我应付的过来 我绝对应付的过来 |
[09:41] | Just you keep relaxing.[Baby crying] | 你只管放松就行【婴儿继续哭】 |
[09:43] | Thank you. | 感激不尽 |
[09:45] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[09:48] | [Baby crying] Sweetie, sweetie. | 【婴儿还在哭】宝贝儿 宝贝儿 |
[09:51] | It’s breast milk.You like breast milk. | 这是母乳 你喜欢喝的母乳 |
[09:53] | I’ve seen you enjoying breast–it’s just breast milk. | 我看你不是很喜欢乳房的吗 这就是母乳啊 |
[09:56] | [Baby crying]You don’t want it. | 【北鼻依旧在哭】你不想要是吧 |
[09:58] | You don’t want it. | 你不想喝 |
[10:00] | Come on, you stubborn little stinker. | 拜托 你这顽固的小麻烦 |
[10:02] | [Baby crying relentlessly] | 【北鼻无情地摧残着他们】 |
[10:10] | Hey, honey. | 嘿 亲爱的 |
[10:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[10:13] | You look very beautiful. | 你看起来真美 |
[10:15] | I look like I should be offering you peanuts | 我是不是看起来想应该给你提供花生米 |
[10:17] | and an in-flight magazine. | 和空中杂志的服务员 |
[10:18] | That is one sexy flight attendant right there. | 那还真是一个性感的服务员 |
[10:20] | Honey, a mayor’s not supposed to look sexy. | 亲爱的 市长可不应该看起来很性感 |
[10:23] | They’re supposed to look “mayoral,” | 他们应该看起来有“市长范儿” |
[10:24] | – with maybe a hint of sexiness. – Well- | – 可能会有一点儿性暗示 – 嗯 |
[10:26] | – I feel like I need a whole new wardrobe, you know? | 你知道吗 我觉得我该有个衣橱 |
[10:29] | Hey, uh, how would you feel about having Sarah | 对了 你觉得让莎拉给你 |
[10:32] | do your campaign photo? | 拍竞选照如何 |
[10:33] | – Your sister? – Yeah. | – 你妹妹 – 对 |
[10:35] | She said she’d do it for free. | 她说她免费给你拍 |
[10:36] | 50 bucks, so practically free. | 50美元 还是挺便宜的 |
[10:39] | But this photo has to be awesome. | 但是这张照片必须得很棒 |
[10:40] | We need a good professional image. | 我们需要一个好的专业形象 |
[10:41] | – Sarah will do a good job. – Honey… | – 莎拉会做好的 – 亲爱的… |
[10:43] | – Check it out. – Ye | – 看看这个 – 嗯 |
[10:44] | – hot off the presses, okay? – We can do that. | – 刚出炉的报纸 好吗 – 我们也能做成那样 |
[10:46] | We need a professional. | 我们需要个专业的 |
[10:48] | We don’t need a professional photographer. | 我们不需要专业的摄影师 |
[10:49] | It’s gonna cost $1,000.We’ve already spent $5,000 | 那会花掉1000美元的 我们已经在这个竞选中 |
[10:51] | on this campaign,and it’s stressing me out. | 投了5000美元了 那让我压力很大 |
[10:52] | Technically, this isn’t really our money. | 严格来说 这不算是我们的钱 |
[10:54] | – Oh, it is our money. – We’re gonna get reimbursed. | – 哦 那就是我们的钱 – 我们可以报销的 |
[10:55] | Oh, it’s our money.I’m not suggesting | 哦 那就是我们的钱 我不是在阻止你 |
[10:57] | that we stop spending money on your campaign. | 想你的竞选里投钱 |
[10:59] | I’m just saying slow down until we know | 我只是想让你慢点花 |
[11:01] | that there are some donations coming in. | 好撑到我们有赞助出现 |
[11:02] | There are donations coming in, okay? | 会有赞助的 好吗 |
[11:04] | – Tell you what. – What? | – 我告诉你 – 什么 |
[11:06] | Can I just sit down with you just for a second? | 我能坐下和你谈一谈吗 |
[11:09] | Look, I just want to show you a couple different ways | 听着 我只是想给你展示另外两种 |
[11:11] | – we can trim the budget. – You went through my budget? | – 缩减预算的方法 – 你看了我的预算吗 |
[11:14] | – Why did you– -I did. | – 你为什么… – 我确实是看了 |
[11:15] | For what? | 为什么 |
[11:17] | We’re spending our money on the campaign right now– | 我们现在是在花我们的钱在竞选 |
[11:19] | – Adam, I know that we’re spending our money right now, | 亚当 我知道我们现在是在花我们的钱 |
[11:21] | but we’re gonna pay ourselves back. | 但是我们能报销的 |
[11:22] | I just want to pull back a little bit | 我只是想在我们得到赞助 |
[11:24] | until we know that we have the donations coming in | 来弥补资金上的空缺之前 |
[11:26] | – to cover these expenses, okay? -The donations are coming in, | – 撤回一点资金 好吗 – 赞助正在来 |
[11:29] | and we’re gonna raise enough money | 而且我们一定会攒够资金 |
[11:30] | to cover all of our expenses. | 来填上我们现在所花的所有的钱 |
[11:31] | Okay, just stop for one second, all right? | 好了好了 就停那么一小会儿好吗 |
[11:32] | No, you’re pissing me off. | 不 你是在惹我生气 |
[11:33] | I’m sorry I’m making you mad. | 我很抱歉让你不高兴了 |
[11:35] | – This is a reality check. – I guess so it’s… | – 这是现实情况 – 我想这就是… |
[11:36] | You’re a first-time candidate. | 这是你的第一次参选 |
[11:38] | – Am I really? – You’re late to the race. | – 是吗 – 你已经落后于他人了 |
[11:40] | – I didn’t know that.Oh my god. – And I want to make sure | – 我还真不知道 哦天哪 – 我只是想确保 |
[11:41] | that we’re gonna be able to come up | 我们会有足够的赞助 |
[11:42] | – with enough donations to cover these expenses. – God | – 来抵消我们现在的开支 -天呐 |
[11:43] | I don’t think that I know that Bob little wants to see me, | 我不知道我是否知道小鲍是不是想看见我 |
[11:46] | like, crash and burn, and that I’m a first-time | 就像是 引火自焚 这是我第一次政治参选 |
[11:47] | political candidate, and this is gonna be a tough run for me? | 这会不会对我来说非常困难呢 |
[11:50] | You don’t think I know that, Adam? | 你认为我会不了解我的处境吗 亚当 |
[11:52] | – Okay. – No, hold on a second. | – 好吧 – 不 等等 |
[11:53] | When you wanted to open up the luncheonette, | 当你想开便餐厅的时候 |
[11:55] | I supported you 100%,and it was ten times crazier, | 我可是百分之百地支持你 而且那可比这个疯狂了几十倍 |
[11:57] | and ten times more expensive than this. | 也比这个贵了好几十倍 |
[11:59] | – It’s worked out, okay?And by the way, at the time, -It’s worked out well. | 但是那个都解决了 孙便说一句 那个时候 – 它确实很好地解决了 |
[12:01] | – you called me nuts. – I did call you nuts. | 你叫我小麻烦 – 我是叫过你小麻烦 |
[12:02] | – But I supported you. – And I’m supporting you. | – 但是我是支持你的 – 我现在也是支持你的呀 |
[12:05] | – I’m just trying to help out. – I’ve always supported you. | – 我现在只是想要帮你而已 – 我一直都支持着你 |
[12:07] | – No – I just don’t want to see us get into financial trouble here. | – 不 – 我只是不看到你让你财政问题困扰 |
[12:09] | – Kristina, that’s all I’m doing. – You’re not trusting me | – 克里斯蒂娜 那就是我现在在做的事 – 你现在在做的 |
[12:10] | is what you’re doing. | 是你根本不信任我 |
[12:13] | Thank you, budget boy. | 感激不尽 预算男孩 |
[12:15] | “Budget boy.”Great. | “预算男孩” 很好 |
[12:18] | [Sighs] | 【叹气】 |
[12:31] | – I haven’t slept. – Oh. | – 我一夜没睡 – 不是吧 |
[12:33] | I’ve just been thinking about this Victor situation. | 我一直在想我维克多的事 |
[12:35] | Oh… | 哦… |
[12:37] | You know, miss mikindoe is right? | 你知道吗 明姬朵老师是对的 |
[12:39] | His reading level is not up to a fifth grade reading level. | 他的阅读水平还不足以达到五年级的水准 |
[12:42] | I mean, it’s not even fourth grade reading level, | 我是说 如果我们坦白地讲 |
[12:43] | if we’re being honest with ourselves. | 他甚至连四年级的都达不到 |
[12:45] | Which is why she wanted to have us in | 这就是为什么她 |
[12:46] | to talk about reading with him more. | 想让我们跟他多谈谈阅读的事儿 |
[12:48] | But I’ve been reading with him constantly. | 但是我一直在陪他读书 |
[12:50] | Okay, well, maybe I can come home from work | 好吧 或许 一周中抽两个晚上 |
[12:52] | a little early,a couple nights a week. | 我可以下班早一点 |
[12:54] | And if I can’t do that, then we’ll find a tutor for him. | 如果我们实在不行了 就给他找一个家教 |
[12:56] | I don’t know how much more we can do… | 我不知道我们还能为他做多少 |
[12:59] | Really, that we haven’t already done. | 说真的 我们还没有做够吗 |
[13:00] | We have done it,and it hasn’t worked. | 我们做的够多了 但就是没用 |
[13:01] | And it’s not gonna work in the time frame that we have. | 我们现在的时间表完全不起作用 |
[13:05] | I mean…God, he’s gonna be | 我是说… 天呐 他就要 |
[13:07] | in the same grade as Sydney,and I don’t even know | 和西德妮读同一个年级了 我甚至不知道 |
[13:09] | how to begin to tackle that. | 要怎样开始处理这个 |
[13:10] | Jules, we’re not even there yet. | 朱莉 我们还没到那种地步呢 |
[13:11] | We how close to there do we have to be? | 我们里那个地步还有多远呢 |
[13:14] | She said she wants to hold him back, basically– | 她说我们应该让他留级 基本上她就是 |
[13:16] | that she was waiting because of, you know, | 在等着这样的事儿发生呢 |
[13:18] | his special circumstances, which is– | 因为他的特殊情况 |
[13:20] | – ehh, I hate that. – Okay. | – 我真的很讨厌那样 -好了 |
[13:23] | Just let’s…Deep breaths here. | 深呼吸一下 好吗 |
[13:25] | Were we even in the same conversation? | 你确定我们是在同一个对话里面吗 |
[13:28] | You know what I heard? | 你知道我听见的是什么吗 |
[13:29] | I heard a teacher telling us | 我听见的是老师告诉我们 |
[13:30] | that we got a good kid. | 我们有一个好儿子 |
[13:33] | Can we take our finger off the nuclear launch button? | 我们先把手从原子弹发射按钮上放下来好吗 |
[13:35] | I’m not going nuclear.I’m… | 我没有要爆发 我只是… |
[13:40] | – Going a little… Nuclear. – Going a little nuclear. | – 有一点失控了而已 – 有一点失控 |
[13:43] | – That’s okay. – But– | – 没关系的 – 但是 |
[13:44] | – it’s a tough conversation to have, | 我们经历了一个糟糕的谈话 |
[13:45] | but that’s all it was–a conversation. | 但那也就是一段对话而已 |
[13:47] | It was a conversation about holding our kid back a year. | 但是那是让我们的孩子留级一年的对话诶 |
[13:53] | – Can I just get coffee? – Yeah. | – 我能先喝杯咖啡吗 – 行 |
[13:55] | All right. | 好吧 |
[14:06] | Hey, berto. | 嘿 贝尔托 |
[14:08] | Nice robe, roommate. | 名字背的不错 好室友 |
[14:10] | Hey, so I might need some private time tonight. | 嘿 我今晚需要一点私人空间 |
[14:14] | It’s not 100% yet,but I got a strong feeling. | 谁然不是百分之百的 但我有很强的预感 |
[14:18] | Okay, um, actually,I have a cla– | 好吧 嗯 事实上 我晚上还有课… |
[14:22] | hey, Natalie. | 嘿 娜塔莉 |
[14:23] | Oh, uh, hi… | 哦 嗯 嗨… |
[14:25] | – Guy from across the- -Drew,Right. | – 对面的那个… – 德鲁 对 |
[14:27] | – Yeah. Hey. – Hey. | – 对 嘿 – 嘿 |
[14:32] | We have the same shower caddy. | 我们有一样的洗漱篮子 |
[14:35] | [Chuckles]Look at that. Yeah. | 【咯咯笑】看那 可不是吗 |
[14:36] | – Crazy small world. – Yeah. | – 真是个疯狂的小世界 – 对啊 |
[14:38] | Um… | 嗯… |
[14:42] | The line, it’s– | 队排的… |
[14:44] | is a–just wait until the line’s kinda… | 队伍有点儿.. 等会就… |
[14:48] | – Nice work, dude. – See ya. | – 不错的尝试 兄弟 – 下次见 |
[14:50] | Hank, can I borrow the flag stand? | 汉克 我能借下你的旗台吗 |
[14:53] | You’re not really asking | 你不是真在问 |
[14:54] | ’cause it’s already in the cart, right? So… | 因为它已经在你的小推车里了 是吧 所以… |
[14:56] | Hank, can I borrow the flag stand | 汉克 我能借一下已经 |
[14:57] | that I already have in the cart? | 在我小推车里的旗台吗 |
[14:59] | Yes. But if one of your dog clients | 当然 如果你的小狗顾客们 |
[15:01] | does something on it, I’m gonna want a new one. | 在上面随意大小便 我就得要个新的 |
[15:04] | Thank you for asking. | 多谢关心 |
[15:05] | Uh, my client tomorrow is not a dog. | 呃……我明天的客户可不是一只狗 |
[15:08] | It is a real live human being. | 而是个活生生的人 |
[15:10] | – Really? – Mm-hmm. | -真滴? -当然喽 |
[15:11] | Is it against their will, or– | 是强制性的还是…… |
[15:13] | that’s very funny. In fact, | 真是可笑,事实上…… |
[15:15] | my client is very prestigious. | 我的客户声望那是相当高滴 |
[15:16] | It’s a mayoral candidate. | 是个市长候选人 |
[15:18] | – Oh, yeah, I got it. – Yeah. | –哦哦,明白了 –嗯 |
[15:20] | -Your sister-in-law, right?- –Yeah, running for mayor. | –你嫂子? –对,她在竞选市长 |
[15:23] | So? Don’t say it like that, like that’s not a real job. | 别这么说,搞得那不像是一份这儿八经的工作一样 |
[15:25] | It’s a real job. She’s still running for mayor. | 这绝对是一份正当的工作 她还在竞选市长嘞 |
[15:27] | I’m excited. You could be excited for me. | 我对此很鸡冻,你不也应该替我鸡冻一下吗? |
[15:29] | – I am. It’s exciting. – Thanks. | –好吧,我很鸡冻 –谢谢 |
[15:31] | You what would be exciting? Make some money, | 你为啥鸡冻?借机敛财? |
[15:33] | and maybe you buy some equipment. | 然后添置一些新的玩意 |
[15:35] | [Phone ringing]Oh, look at this. | 哎呀,你看看这 |
[15:36] | The representative of my famous client. | 我的一个灰常著名的客户 |
[15:39] | –Hi, Adam. –Your sisterin-law, you mean. | – 嗨,亚当~~ — 你是说你嫂子? |
[15:42] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:45] | Oh. | 哦 |
[15:49] | Really? | 真滴? |
[15:53] | No, I do get it. Thank you. | 不,我明白,谢谢~ |
[15:56] | I’ll talk to you about it later. | 我待会打给你~ |
[15:57] | No, thanks for calling. Okay, bye. | 不不不,谢谢你打过来,嗯,好的,拜拜 |
[16:03] | Um, Kristina decided she wants somebody | 呃……克里斯蒂娜她想要…… |
[16:06] | with more experience. | 一个经验更丰富的摄影师 |
[16:08] | Get the next one, then. All right? | 那另外找个客户呗,好吗? |
[16:10] | Yeah. | 好 |
[16:13] | You know, I’ve been passed over so many times on jobs, | 我已经很多次对工作的问题避而不谈了 |
[16:16] | it’s really no big deal. | 这没什么大不了的 |
[16:18] | Yeah, but you get passed over | 话虽这么说,但你避而不谈是因为 |
[16:20] | because you have a weird personality. | 你怪异的个性 |
[16:22] | – But… – That’s totally not true. | – 但…… – 这并不是真事 |
[16:23] | Anyway, this is my family, | 无论如何,他们都是我的家人 |
[16:25] | and they’re just not even taking me seriously. | 他们只是不太重视我而已 |
[16:28] | Why would they? Really. | 真心的,他们为什么会这样呢? |
[16:31] | – No, I mean–I mean– – No, no. | – 不好意思,我是说……呃…… – 不 不 |
[16:33] | – Just don’t sugarcoat it. – No, no, no. | – 别美化这事 – 没有没有没有 |
[16:35] | Look, when I met you, you were a playwright… Something, | 听着,当我遇到你的时候你是个剧本作家 |
[16:39] | and then a… A… Graphic– | 写的东西 |
[16:41] | – you did stuff with– – Graphic designer. | – 生动形象 – 对,表现力很强的设计师 |
[16:43] | – Yeah, you were that too. – I did that a long time ago. | – 当然当然,你就是那样 – 那是很久之前的事了 |
[16:45] | But you were… Flighty. | 但你……总三分钟热度 |
[16:47] | They don’t take you seriously because they know you. | 他们不重视你是因为了解你这一点 |
[16:50] | – [Scoffs] – So that’s not an insult. | – 【苦笑】 -所以说你并不冤枉 |
[16:52] | I’m just saying strangers don’t know you. | 我的意思是陌生的人不了解你 |
[16:54] | – No, I’m serious. – I know. | – 别笑,我说真的 – 我知道 |
[16:56] | Working with family is– is hell. | 和家人一起工作真的很糟 |
[17:00] | Strangers don’t know who you are. | 陌生人并不了解你的缺点 |
[17:01] | You got a clean Slate. | 你有一份意志单纯的候选人名单 |
[17:03] | Well, you know me. Do you take me seriously? | 但你了解我,那你重视我吗? |
[17:08] | – Oh… – Okay. | – 呃…… – 好吧 |
[17:11] | – Okay what? Let me answer. – No, you paused. | – 好什么好,就让我说完好吧? – 你犹豫了 |
[17:13] | – The pause says it all. – I pause on everything. | – 这犹豫说明了一切 – 我干啥都犹豫的啊! |
[17:14] | No, no. Not that kind. | 不不不,不是那种犹豫 |
[17:16] | – I got a– – Don’t try to fix it. | – 我…… -别解释 |
[17:17] | I’ve gotta go. | 我要走了 |
[17:19] | That’s exactly what I’m talking about. | 你看看你看看,缺点显露出来了 |
[17:20] | What? | 啥? |
[17:21] | You get a little flighty with– | 你又反复无常了 |
[17:22] | – I’m not getting flighty. | 我没有 |
[17:23] | – I’m exiting. I’m leaving. – You know, | – 我要撤了 – 那啥 |
[17:25] | sometimes you pause for effect. | 有时候你犹豫不是因为犹豫 |
[17:26] | I’ll just talk to you later. | 我待会再找你算账 |
[17:28] | This is flighty, what you’re doing right now. | 你现在就是这么反复无常 |
[17:32] | Hmm. | 恩恩~~ |
[17:33] | If I choose my state project on Hawaii, | 如果我选择了那份有关夏威夷的作业 |
[17:36] | does that mean we could take a trip there? | 是不是就意味着我们能去那玩了 |
[17:38] | Victor, you know what? States are not assigned | 维克多,你懂不?这作业不是 |
[17:40] | for another month or so, | 下个月做的 |
[17:41] | so let’s just focus on the work you have now. | 所以嘛,我们得专注于现在的任务 |
[17:43] | Like the readings we were doing. | 比如说阅读之类的 |
[17:45] | We got through two chapters | 我们昨晚就完成了 |
[17:46] | of island of the blue dolph last night. | 《蓝色海豚岛》的两章阅读 |
[17:48] | – That’s great. – Yeah. | – 真吊 – 当然 |
[17:50] | Were you guys trading off reading, | 你们事半功倍了? |
[17:52] | – or just dad? – Dad read. | – 还是只有你老爹读了? – 只有老爸读了 |
[17:55] | – Victor followed along, though. – Okay. | – 维克多跟着我一起读的 – 好嘛 |
[17:57] | How do you like the book? | 你喜欢这书不? |
[18:02] | Well, what was it about? | 呃……关于什么的?、 |
[18:04] | It’s… [Exhales] | 呃…… |
[18:06] | Victor, you read two chapters? | 你真读了两章? |
[18:08] | You ought to be able to tell me what it’s about. | 你读了的话就应该知道这些问题 |
[18:09] | It was about, like, otters, and dumb stuff like that. | 就是些水獭啊,之类的什么JB玩意 |
[18:13] | Okay, what about the main character? | 好,主要角色呢? |
[18:15] | Okay, it’s time to brush teeth. | 好嘞~该刷牙了~ |
[18:16] | You guys, I’m driving you today, so get going. | 你们准备好,今儿我送你们 |
[18:19] | Oh. | 哦~ |
[18:20] | – Come on. – Hmm. | – 快些 – 嗯嗯 |
[18:25] | [Knock on door] Hello? | 哈喽~? |
[18:28] | – Oh, hey. – Hi. | – 哎呀,嗨~ – 好啊~ |
[18:30] | – How are you? – How you doing, stranger? | – 咋样? – 你好吗,“陌生人”? |
[18:31] | – Do you have a minute? – Of course I do. | – 有时间吗 -有的有的 |
[18:33] | – I’m sure you’re really busy. – I am a little– | – 我知道你挺忙的 – 我有点…… |
[18:34] | – wow. – Just getting things underway. | – 哇哦 – 一切都在按计划进行~ |
[18:36] | – It’s crazy, right? – That’s amazing. | – 像个工作狂对吧? – 太棒了 |
[18:37] | – It looks incredible. – It’s so fun. | – 看起来真牛逼 – 也挺好玩 |
[18:39] | – Yeah. – I just got the balloons done. | – 对 – 我刚才把气球搞定 |
[18:41] | – Great. – And the campaign signs. | – 很好 – 还有竞选标语什么的 |
[18:44] | So everything’s coming together. | 啥事都赶在一起来了 |
[18:46] | Kristina, I believe in you. | 克里斯蒂娜,我相信你行的 |
[18:48] | And while I know that you haven’t chosen me | 当我知道你没选我 |
[18:50] | as your photographer yet, | 当你的摄影师的时候 |
[18:52] | I also know that you haven’t seen | 我也知道你还没有 |
[18:54] | some of my most recent work, and I thought | 看过我最近的作品 而且我想 |
[18:56] | maybe if you saw it, you’d change your mind. | 如果你看过的话,你肯定迫不及待的雇佣我 |
[18:58] | I would love to see your– yeah, of course. | 我很乐意观赏一番 |
[19:00] | Now, this is waffles, but what I want you to see | 这些都是废话,我真正想让你看的是…… |
[19:03] | is just his eyes, and the warmth… | 看看他的眼睛,饱含着热情 |
[19:05] | – Yeah. – And intelligence… | – 呃,对 – 还有眼中洞穿一切的智慧…… |
[19:07] | – Seems like a nice dog. – In his eyes. | – 看起来是条好狗 – 再看看这双眼睛 |
[19:08] | This cat was cross-eyed, so it’s not the best example. | 这猫有对眼,不算个好例子 |
[19:11] | Again, it’s just capturing personality. | 再强调一下,我捕捉的都是天性 |
[19:14] | What I know I can do better than a stranger | 当知道我能比一个陌生人 |
[19:18] | is capture you. | 更好的捕捉到你英明神武一面的时候 |
[19:20] | – Sarah, listen… – What’s strong and beautiful… | – 萨拉,听我一言 – 如此霸气又如此美丽 |
[19:23] | – I love how passionate you are. – And smart about you. | – 我很欣赏你的热情 – 还有你的聪明睿智~ |
[19:25] | – And I can get that. – Thank you. | – 我能捕捉到这些 – 谢谢了…… |
[19:27] | I love how passionate you are, but I– | 我欣赏你的热情,但我…… |
[19:29] | I have to have– | 我必须要…… |
[19:32] | – I just need a profess– – I understand. | – 我必须要一个专业的 – 我明白 |
[19:34] | I need someone that has done it so many times before. | 我需要一个经验丰富的老手 |
[19:38] | Or do you need someone who knows you so well | 或者是一个熟知你的人 |
[19:40] | that they can bring out what’s beautiful and strong | 能将你的英明神武,霸气美丽与聪明睿智都表现的 |
[19:42] | and smart about you. | 淋漓尽致 |
[19:45] | I would argue I’m that person. | 而我就是那样的人 |
[19:47] | I know I don’t have a lot of experience, but– | 我知道我缺一点点经验,但…… |
[19:50] | – this has to be my one shot. | 这是仅有一次的机会 |
[19:51] | I get one shot at this photo. | 我必须凭此照片一战定乾坤 |
[19:52] | I have to bring it to the printers by the end of the week. | 我这周末之前就得把照片交给印刷厂 |
[19:54] | This is an important shot for me too. | 这也是我生命中几近最重要的机会 |
[20:02] | To tell you the truth, | 好吧,实话告诉你 |
[20:03] | not a lot of people think I’m gonna win. | 不是很多人认为我能赢 |
[20:05] | Well, I’m not one of those people. | 我又不是他们 |
[20:09] | Thank you. Um… | 谢谢,呃…… |
[20:13] | Okay. | 行吧,你拍吧 |
[20:15] | – Okay? – Okay. | – 真滴? – 真滴 |
[20:17] | – Why not? – Thank you so much. | -为什么不呢 – 太感谢你了 |
[20:19] | You won’t regret it. I swear, you won’t regret it. | 你不会后悔的,我发誓,你绝不会后悔的 |
[20:20] | I wouldn’t do this if I didn’t think I could do it 100%,okay? | 要没百分百的把我我也不会这么做滴好吗? |
[20:24] | Let’s do it. Let’s do it. | 好,开干吧! |
[20:25] | – Thank you so much. – You’re welcome. | – 再次感谢 – 没事 |
[20:26] | This is gonna be great. | 你会成功的 |
[20:33] | Julia. | 茱莉亚 |
[20:36] | Julia? | 小朱朱? |
[20:37] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨~ |
[20:39] | How you doing? Took a little trip there, huh? | 在这干嘛?一个人在这开小差? |
[20:41] | Yeah. I’m sorry, I’m a little out of it. | 呃,不好意思,我有点走神 |
[20:45] | – Yeah. – Oh… | – 好吧 – 哦…… |
[20:46] | – All right, I’m just gonna– – Uh, no, no, no. | – 好吧,我走了,你继续开小差 – 别啊! |
[20:49] | I’m sorry. I’m fine. | 不好意思,我好得很 |
[20:51] | I mean, I’m not fine, but you don’t have to go. | 我的意思是,我没那么好,不过你走什么啊 |
[20:54] | Well, I’m assuming you weren’t in bora bora | 我猜你不是在 |
[20:56] | just now, huh? | 神游世界吧? |
[21:00] | Victor’s teacher is talking to us about holding him back. | 维克多的老师说是要留他的级 |
[21:03] | But you don’t know that. I didn’t say that. | 不过,你啥也没听见,我也啥都没说 |
[21:05] | Please, just keep that to yourself. | 咱该干啥干啥吧 |
[21:08] | Yeah. No, I’m– I’m sorry. | 呃,我没……呃……很抱歉听到这些 |
[21:10] | I would not say anything at all. Mmm. | 我不会乱说的~ |
[21:12] | That’s– that’s rough. | 这……这还真挺不顺 |
[21:14] | Well, that’s where I was going. | 这就是我神游的原因 |
[21:15] | I mean, playing out the scenarios. | 就是这样喵 |
[21:17] | Keep him in fifth grade, do I put him back in fourth grade? | 让他留在五年级还是让他留到四年级 |
[21:20] | Do I home school him? | 我需要对他进行家庭强化教育吗? |
[21:22] | I mean, I don’t know. | 我是说……对于这些我也不知道 |
[21:23] | So it’s not, like, definitely happening? | 所以这都是你神游中的事情? |
[21:25] | No. She just wanted to open the conversation. | 对,她只是这么一说而已…… |
[21:27] | – Oh. – So we’re still waiting to see. | – 哦 – 所以我们还在学校的观察中 |
[21:28] | God, I hate it when schools say crap like that | 天呐,我恨死学校这种废话了 |
[21:30] | because it’s–you either do it or don’t do it. | 因为……你做也不是,不做也不是 |
[21:32] | But every second that you keep waiting, | 但是你等待的每一秒钟 |
[21:34] | the poor kid is getting more settled in the fifth grade. | 这可怜的孩子就在五年级多呆一秒钟 |
[21:36] | It’s stupid. | 这真蠢 |
[21:39] | Wow, that is so not my place to say. | 哇哦,这真不是我该说的话 |
[21:41] | No, no. You’re absolutely right. | 不不,你说的很对 |
[21:45] | Huh. | 嗯,很对 |
[21:47] | Dick Cheney failed out of Yale… Twice. | 迪克·钱尼两次都没考进耶鲁大学,两次耶 |
[21:52] | Not really sure where you put that | 所以说这真心不是你把他加入 |
[21:53] | – on your pro/con list, though. – Exactly. | -预选/已选清单的因素 – 对 |
[21:55] | What makes you think I have a pro/con list? | 那我该讲什么加入到这清单里呢? |
[21:58] | Oh, come on You’re a former lawyer. | 哦,别这样,你以前可是个律师 |
[21:59] | Dengraf and prossler? [Clicks tongue] | D&P公司的招牌律师~ |
[22:01] | You’ve totally got a pro/con list. | 你绝对有个预选/已选清单 |
[22:03] | I’ve totally got a pro/con list. | 我确实有这么个清单 |
[22:05] | Yes, you do. All right, pro/con list thing? | 对,你肯定哟对吧? |
[22:06] | – Yes. – Okay, let’s go. | – 当然 – 好吧,我们走吧 |
[22:08] | – Cons. – Cons. | – 选择 -选择 |
[22:10] | Berto, hey. | 贝尔托,你好啊,老兄 |
[22:12] | – What’s up, dude? – Do you have a minute? | – 咋啦兄弟? – 你有空吗? |
[22:15] | – What’s up, bro? – Um… | – 咋回事? -呃…… |
[22:17] | I thought maybe we should talk about the, um– | 我觉得我们应该谈谈这个……关于…… |
[22:21] | are those my sheets? | 那是我的床单吗? |
[22:22] | Oh, yeah. | 嘿嘿,是的 |
[22:24] | Yeah, I was out, and yours were there. Why? | 我的那床扔了,你的还在那,于是我就用了,怎么? |
[22:27] | Are you not cool with that? | 你不愿意吗? |
[22:29] | No. Noi’m not. | 不不,这可以接受 |
[22:32] | And also, you know, putting the stick on the door, | 而且把曲棍球棒放在门边 |
[22:35] | I–I keep getting locked out. I have an 8:00 A.M. class. | 你把我关在外面,我早上八点还有课嘞…… |
[22:38] | – I can’t– – Dude, that’s rough. | – 我不能…… – 兄弟,我知道我对不起你 |
[22:39] | Can I give you some advice? | 我能给你点建议吗? |
[22:41] | Next time this happens, go out and knock on a girl’s door. | 下次这样的事发生的时候,出去随便敲一个女生的门 |
[22:44] | Like that girl from the bathroom | 比如说之前你在浴室遇到的 |
[22:47] | that you’re so hot for. | 你觉得让你热血喷张那个女生 |
[22:48] | What, Natalie? | 啥?娜塔莉?! |
[22:50] | Go up to her door and be all, like, | 走到她门前就像这样: |
[22:52] | “my jackass roommate just sexisled me.” | “我的混蛋室友要和女生乱搞就把我关外面了” |
[22:55] | And then she’ll be all, like, “aww, you poor thing. | 然后她就像这样:“哦~你这可怜的小家伙” |
[22:58] | Come in here so I can comfort you.” | “快进来吧,我来安慰安慰你” |
[23:00] | – Yeah – That’s not– it’s not a bad idea. | – 就是这样喵 – 这主意不错 |
[23:03] | Hopefully, it won’t happen again, do you know? | 真心希望这事不会再发生了 |
[23:06] | – Bro… – What? | – 老兄 – 咋了? |
[23:09] | Good talk, dude. | 愉快的交流~ |
[23:15] | Pbbbt. | 噗噜噜噜噜 |
[23:16] | I don’t know, to me, it’s just really strange. | 我不知道,对我来说真的很奇怪 |
[23:19] | It’s–I don’t like it. | 这……我不喜欢这玩意 |
[23:22] | Well, it’s unconventional, | 这个确实有些打破常规 |
[23:24] | but the lactation consultant said the babies respond | 但不如顾问说婴儿会 |
[23:27] | to the natural nipple feel, you know? | 对乳头有所反应 |
[23:31] | – Maybe not even– – Have you tried all this stuff? | -甚至不是…… – 你有试过这玩意吗? |
[23:34] | Dad, I’m willing to try anything. | 老爸,我愿意尝试任何东西 |
[23:35] | We are so desperate at this point. | 现在我们真是走投无路了 |
[23:37] | The baby will not stop crying unless she’s breastfeeding | 除非是母乳喂养,否则宝宝就一直哭个不停 |
[23:40] | and I don’t know how much more Jasmine can take. | 我不知道贾思敏还能承受多少 |
[23:43] | She needs a break, and the baby will not take a bottle from me. | 她需要缓一缓,但是宝宝就是不肯吃我用奶瓶喂的奶 |
[23:46] | Well, sometimes they don’t want the dad. | 有时候他们就是不想要老爹 |
[23:48] | You know, it’s that simple. | 就这么简单 |
[23:50] | The whole thing is not what I thought it was gonna be. | 整件事都不像是我之前想象的那样 |
[23:53] | I mean, I know jabbar was five years old | 我是说,乔巴五岁的时候 |
[23:55] | when I met him, | 我才见到他 |
[23:56] | and I can’t really compare the two situations, | 我真心不能把两件事联系起来 |
[23:58] | but it just felt a lot easier. | 但乔巴真心好养多了 |
[24:01] | There was a, you know, an instinct connection with him | 从我见到他的那一刻起 我跟他就好像是 |
[24:04] | the moment I saw him, and… | 直接有了心灵感应 |
[24:09] | Girls are complicated. | 女孩就复杂多了…… |
[24:11] | You know, they’re different. | 他们完全不同…… |
[24:12] | I mean, boys are– are simpler. | 我是说男孩更简单一些 |
[24:15] | You know, a boy’s got a problem, you take him to a ball game, | 要是男孩有什么问题的话,带着他打打球 |
[24:18] | you get him a hotdog– they’re copasetic. | 买个热狗就老实了 |
[24:20] | They’re–they’re good to go, and, I mean… | 他们……他们真心好打发 |
[24:23] | Girls are–you gotta walk around on eggshells with ’em. | 我是说养女孩……如同在鸡蛋上走一样小心翼翼的 |
[24:25] | I don’t know, one day you’re the king of the castle– | 我不知道,也许你会像城堡中的国王一样 |
[24:28] | you know, they’re just in love with you. | 她们会爱死你 |
[24:29] | You’re their daddy. | 因为你是他们的父王 |
[24:31] | And then the next thing you know, | 接下来 |
[24:32] | they don’t know who you are. | 她们就会像不认识你一样 |
[24:33] | It’s like they’re– they hate you. | 她们……好像恨死你了 |
[24:37] | I didn’t realize it was gonna be this hard. | 我没意识到这会那么难 |
[24:42] | Yeah, it’s difficult. | 对呀,真心不容易 |
[24:45] | But that’s what– | 但是那就是 |
[24:47] | that’s what makes it good at the end, you know? | 让结局变得美好的东西,懂吗? |
[24:49] | I mean, it changes. | 我是说,结局因它而改变 |
[24:53] | I don’t know. | 我不理解 |
[24:54] | What’s mom think of this car? | 你妈妈怎么看这车? |
[24:56] | Oh, she loves it. | 呃……她爱死她了 |
[24:58] | – Does she? – Ooh… Loves it. | – 她真这样觉得? – 哦~确实是 |
[25:00] | There. And… Okay. [Camera shutters clicking] | 这里……还有……齐活~ |
[25:02] | – Got it? – Yeah. Really good. | – 拍好了? -是滴~真是不错 |
[25:04] | – You need to turn that down. – No, no, it’s okay. | – 你得把那东西关掉 – 不不不,没有问题 |
[25:06] | – No, it has to be – it has to be a more precise shot | – 不,必须的 – 相机在这个距离 |
[25:08] | – with the camera so far away. – Max, enough. | – 才能拍得更精细 – 麦克斯 够了 |
[25:11] | You said you wanted to help. You aren’t helping. | 你说你是来帮忙的,可帮的却是倒忙 |
[25:13] | [All talking at once] | 【七嘴八舌嗡嗡嗡】(真心听不出来,我们尽力了) |
[25:14] | She’s not gonna be too pale | 这样拍出来就不会显得 |
[25:15] | – when it happens. – She looks very pale. | – 很苍白了 – 她看起来确实很惨白 |
[25:16] | I am a little pale. | 我只是有点白而已 |
[25:17] | So let’s just do a couple of– | 我们先拍两张试试看~ |
[25:20] | We’ll just do a couple test shots, guys. | 来吧伙计们,先拍两张再说~ |
[25:21] | Line up your nose with your belly button. | 挺胸、抬头、收腹~ |
[25:23] | Let’s see your posture. Warm and happy. | 摆个温柔又热情的pose |
[25:25] | Keep her strong. You know? | 要看起来霸气一些~ |
[25:27] | – Maternal still. – Hey, baby! | – 保持母性的关怀~ – 嘿~宝贝 |
[25:29] | – Oh, wait. No, no, no. – Hey, there she is. | – 哦!别别,等等! – 嘿,你怎么在这啊 |
[25:31] | – Want to take a picture? – Okay, we’re wasting time. | – 想拍张照吗? – 我们简直在浪费时间 |
[25:35] | That’s too maternal. Come on. | 这也母性过头了吧! |
[25:36] | Should I sit? I’m sweating. | 我能坐下吗?我都出汗了 |
[25:38] | – Everyone just pipe down. – She looks like she’s in pain. | – 所有人给我安静(就是,赶快安静!) – 她看起来好痛苦…… |
[25:40] | Definitely delete the last one. | 最后一张必须删掉 |
[25:41] | Aunt Sarah– yeah, I thought so. | 莎拉姑姑,我觉得哈,应该这样 |
[25:43] | This is– we’re gonna get killed– | 这真是……我们快死了!(我们也快死了……) |
[25:44] | – you’ve got a good eye. – Okay. | – 你们真有眼光 – 好吧 |
[25:46] | No, you’re not doing this… | 不不不,别这样 |
[25:47] | [All talking at once] | 【大家又在叽叽喳喳】(尼玛你们安静点好不好!) |
[25:50] | Damn it. | 卧槽 (终于清净了……) |
[25:53] | Damn it! | 我去 |
[25:59] | – It’s lavender mint. – Oh, thank you, Millie. | – 来杯薰衣草薄荷茶吧,老头子 – 哦,谢谢,老婆子 |
[26:04] | I thought it was about time you’d want to stop for the night. | 我以为晚上你该消停会了 |
[26:07] | No–oh, God. | 我去!天呐 |
[26:09] | No, I’m kind of on a roll here, if you know what I mean. | 我得连续作业,如果你懂我的话 |
[26:12] | Yeah, well, it’s getting pretty late. | 可是现在已经很晚了 |
[26:15] | Yeah, I know. | 是,我知道 |
[26:17] | Why don’t you go ahead and go up to bed without me, | 你为什么不一个人先睡嘞? |
[26:19] | and I’ll be there in a few minutes. | 我分分钟就来 |
[26:22] | You can’t keep doing this. | 你不能一直搞这些 |
[26:23] | No, it’s just a few more minutes. | 我再干几分钟就睡 |
[26:26] | You can’t keep avoiding this. | 你没法逃避这问题 |
[26:29] | Well, Millie, I tell you what. | 老婆子,我跟你说啊 |
[26:31] | Now, if I stop now, I’m gonna have parts | 如果我现在停手的话,它就散架 |
[26:33] | all over the place, | 得到处都是 |
[26:34] | and it’s gonna be one hell of a big mess. | 弄得乱的一团糟 |
[26:36] | Okay, fine. We’ll talk while you work. | 好吧,那就在你工作的时候谈吧 |
[26:41] | Okay, clue me in here. | 好吧,给我点提示 |
[26:43] | Exactly what are we supposed to be talking about? | 我们到底该谈些什么 |
[26:45] | You know what we’re supposed to be talking about. | 你知道我们该谈些什么 |
[26:47] | I tried to have a discussion with you | 我一直尝试着跟你讨论 |
[26:49] | about the possibility of selling the house, | 是否要把房子卖掉过晚年幸福生活的事 |
[26:51] | and you walked away from me. | 以及你总是躲着我这事 |
[26:53] | Okay. All right. So what is there to talk about? | 好吧好吧,那有什么可讨论的? |
[26:57] | Why don’t we start with your feelings? | 为什么不从你的切身感受开始呢 |
[27:00] | I mean, what do you feel? You know, what are you thinking? | 我是说,对此事有何感受有何看法? |
[27:02] | [Sighs] I don’t want to sell the house. | 我不想卖房子 |
[27:06] | End of discussion. | 讨论结束 |
[27:07] | So why bother to have a conversation? | 所以为啥你一直为这事在我耳边喋喋不休? |
[27:10] | Okay, you may or may not want to sell the house, | 好吧,不管你想不想卖房子 |
[27:14] | and in the end, maybe I won’t want to sell the house either. | 或许到了最后我也不想卖房子了 |
[27:17] | But we’re gonna have a discussion about it! | 不论怎样,总是该讨论一下嘛 |
[27:20] | I deserve that much. | 难道我没资格跟你讨论吗?! |
[27:44] | Hey. Sorry. Can I come in? | 不好意思,我能进来吗? |
[27:46] | – Hey, we’re closed. – I know. | – 我们打烊了 – 我知道 |
[27:47] | – I just thought that– – What’s going on? | – 我估摸着啊 – 咋啦? |
[27:49] | The shot was terrible, and, um, | 这肖像拍得有点糟,而且,呃…… |
[27:51] | I was very nervous, and Kristina was nervous, | 我有点紧张,克里斯蒂娜也有点紧张 |
[27:53] | and Max was the only one | 麦克斯又在那 |
[27:54] | who seemed to know what he was doing, | 不停地喋喋不休的在那里 |
[27:55] | which made me even more nervous. | 帮倒忙 |
[27:56] | And her campaign manager wanted her to be | 她的竞选经理又想她 |
[27:59] | maternal and powerful. | 即散发着母性又散发着力量 |
[28:00] | And I don’t know what that means. | 我不知道这到底是什么意思 |
[28:02] | Well, you shouldn’t. | 你不必这样的 |
[28:04] | I don’t know what that means either, it’s stupid. | 我也不知道那是什么意思,不过这听起来真荒唐 |
[28:05] | Can you just tell me if I’m any good? | 你能指导一下我的作品吗? |
[28:09] | – [Chuckles] – Please. | – 呃……这…… – 求你了 |
[28:17] | Mmhmm. Mm-hmm. | 呃……呃…… |
[28:20] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯……呃…… |
[28:24] | Mmm… | 那个…… |
[28:33] | That’s the shot right there. | 就用这张吧 |
[28:34] | I mean, the other ones are… Decent. | 我的意思是,其他的也挺好的 |
[28:38] | Some of ’em are okay. Some are better than others. | 有一些还行,有一些更好一些 |
[28:41] | – But that’s your shot. – Okay. | – 但这张可以用于竞选 – 好嘞 |
[28:44] | I mean, you know, | 我是说…… |
[28:46] | I don’t know what I would have done… | 我不知道我是否会以不同角度 |
[28:47] | Different, but… | 来拍摄,但…… |
[28:49] | Everybody has their own style. [Clears throat] | 每个人都有自己的风格 |
[28:54] | That’s a really good shot. | 这张确实挺不错 |
[28:57] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | – 真滴? – 真滴 |
[29:00] | It’s good. | 很棒 |
[29:04] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[29:06] | I tried to talk to him again. | 我尝试再次跟他谈了 |
[29:08] | He told me we had a nice talk and called me “bro.” | 他说我们有次愉快的交谈而且他叫我“哥们” |
[29:10] | And no, the stick has been on the door for three hours. | 但是还是那样,那个曲棍球棍在门口立了仨小时 |
[29:14] | – Again? – Three hours? | – 又一次?! – 仨小时?! |
[29:15] | Yes, three hours. Also, he took my sheets. | 是的,三个小时,而且他把我的床单拿去用了 |
[29:17] | Your personal sheets? | 你私人床单? |
[29:19] | – Which ones? Not the gray ones? – The sheets you got me. Yes. | – 哪一床?不要是灰色那床 – 是你给我的那床,对 |
[29:20] | – The gray sheets? – I swear. Yes. | – 真是灰色那床?! – 绝对是 我发誓 |
[29:22] | – Oh, my God. That’s no joke. – I know. | – 我了个老天爷,这可不是闹着玩的 – 我知道…… |
[29:24] | – Those were expensive. – That’s what I’m trying to say. | – 那床单很贵的! – 我要说的就是这个 |
[29:26] | I’m gonna call him. I know you’re embarrassed. | 我要给他打电话。我知道你很尴尬 |
[29:28] | I’m like a mom, but I’m gonna call him | 我就像一个老妈子,但我还是要打给他 |
[29:30] | well, you don’t have his number, so ha ha. | 但你没他电话,所以……嘿嘿嘿嘿 |
[29:32] | I’m just saying you can’t talk to people like this. | 你不能跟人家这么说话 |
[29:34] | You have to go and confront them. | 你必须回去直面抵抗他 |
[29:37] | We’re definitely not going down there– | 我绝对不能去那 |
[29:38] | let’s go down there. Got this guy on our side. | 我们一起去,把他赶出去 |
[29:41] | We’re just gonna talk to him. We’re just gonna talk to him. | 我们只是跟他谈谈,谈谈而已 |
[29:42] | – What, like scare him? – No. No. | – 怎样?吓唬他? – 不不不 |
[29:44] | – We’re gonna be nice. – Yeah, nice. | – 我们会很友好的 – 对,友好万岁 |
[29:45] | We’re gonna reason with the guy. | 我们要去以理服人 |
[29:47] | – Let’s go get him. Come on. – Cool? | – 走,去把这事解决了~ – 行不? |
[29:50] | What the hell? | 搞什么飞机! |
[29:51] | Oh, my God, what are you doing? | 哎呦我去,你干哈呢? |
[29:53] | There’s a roommate issue that needs to be resolved, | 这里有个室友间问题亟待解决 |
[29:54] | and it doesn’t concern you I think you should leave. | 鉴于此事与你无关,我建议你赶紧离开 |
[29:56] | – I apologize. – No, no, no, not with this. | – 对此我深表歉意 – 停停停,把床单留下 |
[29:58] | I’m so sorry, I can’t– Sorry. | 真不好意,我不能…… |
[30:00] | Dude, what the hell do you think you’re doing? | 老兄,你妹的你在干嘛? |
[30:01] | “Dude” is not his name. It’s drew. | “老兄”可不是他的名字,他叫德鲁 |
[30:02] | Not “dude,” not “bro.” Drew. | 不是“老兄”也不是“哥们”,叫德鲁 |
[30:04] | Say it. Let’s practice. Drew. | 来说一遍,的额徳,了无鲁 |
[30:05] | – Drew. – Say it! | – 德鲁 – 快说 |
[30:06] | – Drew. – That sounded good. | – 德鲁 – 这才像话 |
[30:08] | Dude, I don’t know who you think you are– | 老兄,我不知道你们觉得你们算老几 |
[30:09] | no, no, no, dude’s not my name either. | 不不不,老兄也不是我的名字 |
[30:11] | – Sergeant York is fine. – He’s in the army. | – 我是约克中士 – 他是大兵哦! |
[30:13] | And if drew has a problem with you, you have a problem with me. | 如果你和德鲁之间有什么梁子,那就是和我结下了梁子 |
[30:15] | – You got it? – Got it. | – 你的明白? – 明白了…… |
[30:18] | Great. | 很好 |
[30:19] | You know, quit locking me out. | 呃,你把我关在外面 |
[30:21] | And we also talked about the line. | 我们之前也讨论过三八线的问题 |
[30:23] | Keep your stuff on that side. | 把你的东西放你那 |
[30:24] | Oh, I have something. | 哦哦,我还有事要说 |
[30:26] | Um, the sheets thing, it just can’t happen | 呃,床单的事不能就这么了了 |
[30:28] | because it seems like not a big deal, | 它看起来不是什么大事 |
[30:30] | but actually, even if you dry clean it, the smell is– | 但事实上,你最好把它洗干净,这味道实在是…… |
[30:31] | – yes, and the sheets – don’t touch his sheets. | – 对,床单的问题 – 别再碰他的床单 |
[30:33] | Don’t touch anything of his without asking | 未得到允许,别碰他的东西 |
[30:35] | – from now on, okay? – Okay. | – 从现在开始,懂了吗? – 明白了 |
[30:36] | Great. | 很好 |
[30:39] | See ya. Nice to meet you. | 再见,很高兴认识你~ |
[30:41] | Um… Good talk, bro. | 呃……愉快的谈话,哥们 |
[30:44] | Okay, the runts are asleep, Victor’s homework is done, | 呼呼……小崽子睡了,维克多的作业也做完了 |
[30:47] | – so let’s talk. – Okay. | – 来谈谈吧 – 好啊 |
[30:50] | I think you nailed it when you said | 我觉得当你在说“事情不会自行解决” |
[30:51] | it’s not gonna fix itself overnight. | 的时候,你已经把这事钉死了 |
[30:53] | Good, so we agree. | 很好,所以我俩意见一致 |
[30:55] | It’s not gonna fix itself | 接下来两三周内 |
[30:56] | in the next two or three weeks either. | 这事也不会自行解决 |
[30:57] | – Yeah. – So the longer he stays there, | – 对 – 他在那呆的越久 |
[31:00] | the harder it is for him to start over. | 他重新走上正道就越难 |
[31:01] | And I think we just need to do it. | 而且我想我们需要去引导他 |
[31:03] | We need to rip off the band-aid. | 我们需要一个权宜之计 |
[31:04] | You’re– | 你…… |
[31:08] | – you want to hold him back? – Yeah. | – 你想让他留级? – 对 |
[31:10] | Now? Without even trying? | 现在?连争取都不争取一下? |
[31:13] | We’ve been trying. | 我们争取过了 |
[31:15] | I tutored him every day this whole summer | 夏天整晚整晚我都在给他当家教 |
[31:17] | while you were at work. | 而你那时在工作 |
[31:18] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你这话是什么意思? |
[31:20] | It doesn’t mean anything. | 没什么意思啊 |
[31:21] | It means that I know where he’s at on this. | 我是说我了解他到底几斤几两 |
[31:23] | – I know what I’m seeing. – So do I. | – 我知道他是什么样的 – 我也是 |
[31:24] | Not the way that I do. | 不是我的方法不对 |
[31:26] | – Don’t pull rank with me. – I’m not pulling– | – 别把责任推卸给我 – 我没推卸责任 |
[31:28] | I never did that with you when you were working. | 你工作的时候我也从来没有这样过 |
[31:30] | – It’s not fair. – I’m sure you saw plenty | – 这不公平! – 我知道你肯定看够了 |
[31:32] | that I didn’t see while I was working. | 我工作时没看到的事 |
[31:34] | And you made decisions without even consulting me. | 你没跟我商量一下就做出了决定 |
[31:37] | Yeah, pb & j or tuna fish? Ballet or karate? | 这些鸡毛蒜皮的事情还需要和你商量? |
[31:40] | Nothing like this. | 都不像这事般重要 |
[31:41] | Nothing like this ever came up. | 此等大事从没出现过 |
[31:42] | Well, this has come up now, | 现在出现了 |
[31:43] | and I think we need to hold him back. | 我觉得我们应当让他留级 |
[31:45] | And I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[31:47] | I see a kid who’s trying, who’s making huge strides. | 我看到了他在努力,我看到了他在进步 |
[31:50] | If we pull him back now, his– | 如果我们现在让他留级,他的…… |
[31:53] | I mean, it will just absolutely shred his self-confidence. | 我是说这绝对会有损他的自信 |
[31:55] | No, what’s gonna shred his self-confidence | 能损他自信的是 |
[31:58] | is keeping him in a class where he can’t keep up. | 把他留在一个他跟不上的班级里 |
[32:01] | There are studies on this. | 研究表明 |
[32:03] | Ed was telling me that he read a study about– | 艾德告诉我,他读到一篇报告关于…… |
[32:05] | ed? Who the hell is ed? | 艾德,谁啊?谁他娘的是艾德? |
[32:07] | Ed is a parent from the sustainability committee. | 艾德是责任委员会的一位家长 |
[32:12] | – Ed Brooks? – Yeah. | – 艾德·布鲁克斯? – 是滴 |
[32:13] | You talked to ed Brook about this? | 你把这事告诉那死胖子了?? |
[32:15] | Fantastic. Well, we might as well go | 好极了,我们或许应该 |
[32:17] | and just talk to Victor now and tell him, | 把我们现在谈的话也告诉他 |
[32:19] | because the whole school’s gonna know about this | 因为明早那死胖子会把这事 |
[32:21] | in the morning. | 让全校人都知道 |
[32:22] | He’s not gonna tell anyone. | 他绝对会保守秘密的 |
[32:23] | Oh, ed won’t, no. | 呵呵 |
[32:24] | But his wife probably will. | 但他老婆或许会 |
[32:25] | She happens to be the biggest blabbermouth on the pta. | 她是史上最伟大的长舌妇 |
[32:28] | Listen, relax, she’s not even around the school anymore. | 听着,冷静一下,她不会出现在学校周围的 |
[32:30] | Ed hardly sees her. She’s not gonna– | 艾德都很少见到她,她是不会去…… |
[32:33] | what else are you and ed talking about? | 你和艾德还聊过些什么? |
[32:35] | He just caught me in a bad moment. | 他只是在困难的时候拉了我一把 |
[32:36] | – I was upset, and so I kind of– – Yeah. | – 我当时十分沮丧,而且我还有点…… – 嗯 |
[32:39] | Anyway, let’s stay on topic here. | 好了,这个话题到此打住 |
[32:40] | Yeah, let’s stay on topic. | 行,咱换个话题 |
[32:43] | What about what happened at breakfast this morning? | 今早上的早饭时怎么回事? |
[32:45] | What about this morning at breakfast? | 早饭时咋了? |
[32:46] | You laying into our son about the stupid book, Julia. | 你早上的时候不断因为那本书打击儿子,茱莉亚 |
[32:50] | You needle him like that, he’s gonna know that | 鸡蛋里挑骨头,他就知道 |
[32:53] | something is up. | 有事会发生 |
[32:54] | Something is up. | 有事会发生 |
[32:58] | This is ridiculous. | 真是可笑 |
[33:03] | Are you ending this conversation | 你是要把这个我们等了一天 |
[33:05] | that we’ve waited all day to have? | 的谈话结束了吗? |
[33:06] | What else is there to say? | 还有什么可说的? |
[33:08] | There– [Sighs] | 还有…… |
[33:11] | We need to set up a meeting with his teacher, | 我们得跟他老师见一面 |
[33:14] | and with the principal, and we need to discuss | 带着自己的原则,我们得讨论一下 |
[33:16] | getting him back into fourth grade | 尽快让他转入 |
[33:18] | as soon as possible. | 四年级 |
[33:19] | That’s what there is to discuss. | 这就是我们还需要讨论的 |
[33:21] | No. | 不!!!! |
[33:23] | No. | 不行 |
[33:26] | We’re not doing that. | 绝对不能那样做 |
[33:29] | We made a plan with his teacher | 我们得与老师商榷一个计划 |
[33:32] | that we were gonna find him tutoring, | 我们得给他找个家教 |
[33:33] | we were gonna take a month,and then we would reevaluate. | 我们还需要一个月对他进行重新评估 |
[33:36] | And that’s what we’re gonna do. | 那才是我们该做的 |
[33:38] | You don’t like it… Talk to ed. | 如果你不同意,只管给那个死胖子说 |
[33:42] | I’m going for a walk. | 我要去转转 |
[34:00] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | – 早啊~ – 早上好 |
[34:02] | Wow. I mean, that is one awesome campaign | 哇哦,这真是竞选成功所需的 |
[34:05] | photo right there. | 绝佳照片 |
[34:06] | – Yes. – Right? | – 是啊 – 对吧? |
[34:07] | Your sister really came through. | 你妹妹真的做到了 |
[34:09] | I think it’s great. | 我觉得真心不错 |
[34:10] | I think she did a really good job. | 她做的真不错 |
[34:12] | It’s strong, it’s– | 这多么霸气,多么…… |
[34:13] | that is–that is professional quality right there. | 这……这就是所谓的专业水准 |
[34:16] | Mmhmm. | 嗯哼~ |
[34:18] | She’s gonna expect to get paid next time. | 她下次估计会要酬金了 |
[34:19] | More than 50 bucks. | 绝对不止50块钱 |
[34:22] | You made the deal. | 你做的决定 |
[34:23] | – Pretty slick deal I made… – Yeah, it’s good. | – 完美的决策 – 对,挺好 |
[34:25] | She deserves every penny. | 她的贡献远不止50美元 |
[34:26] | I just– it’s so weird, isn’t it? | 我只是觉得……太奇怪了,不是吗? |
[34:29] | – What? – The picture. | – 咋了? – 这照片 |
[34:32] | I mean, just to look at it, it’s like I’m… | 我是说,这看起来就像…… |
[34:35] | Not used to seeing myself with hair. | 还不习惯看到我有头发的样子 |
[34:37] | – Right. – You know? | – 好吧 – 你知道吗? |
[34:41] | I catch myself, you know… | 我把持住了自己 |
[34:43] | Walking past a mirror or something, | 当我从镜子或其他什么反光的东西面前走过 |
[34:45] | and I still half-expect me to be bald, you know? | 我还以为可以看到自己秃的样子 |
[34:50] | I think, “there goes bald Kristina.” | 我就在想“我是秃子克里斯蒂娜” |
[34:51] | Cancer Kristina. Uhhuh. | 患癌症的克里斯蒂娜 |
[34:54] | I feel like I kicked cancer in its teeth. | 我觉得我把癌症的满口牙都踢了个干净 |
[34:57] | I feel like kind of a badass, you know? | 我觉得自己就是个大坏蛋 |
[34:58] | You did kick cancer in its teeth. | 你把癌症打的满地找牙 |
[35:00] | You are a badass. | 你真是个大坏蛋 |
[35:01] | – We’re lucky. – We are. | – 我们真幸运 – 是啊 |
[35:04] | – We’re very lucky. – Mm-hmm. | – 我们实在是太幸运了 – 嗯哼 |
[35:07] | I don’t know, I feel like lately I’ve just had this. | 不知怎么回事,我觉得罹患癌症的日子历历在目 |
[35:10] | “I defeated cancer” attitude. | 抱着“击败了癌症”的态度 |
[35:12] | I can do anything and conquer the world… | 我就可以做任何事,甚至征服世界 |
[35:14] | – You can do anything. – And I feel like– | – 你无所不能 -而且我觉得…… |
[35:17] | I feel like I got ahead of myself | 我已经在竞选中 |
[35:19] | with this campaign, you know? | 超越了自我 |
[35:21] | – Uh-huh. – I feel like we need to… | – 啊哈 – 我觉得我需要…… |
[35:23] | Just to pull back a little, | 稍稍放慢脚步 |
[35:25] | maybe talk to Heather about, you know, | 或许我应该跟海瑟谈谈 |
[35:27] | not spending as much just until I can make some money. | 在攒够足够的竞选经费之前不能这么大手笔 |
[35:30] | Fundraising and… Just to see where we stand. | 在募捐之后再明确自己的竞选策略 |
[35:32] | Kristina, you know, after giving that little speech, | 克里斯蒂娜,你知道吗?在你发表演讲之后 |
[35:34] | I don’t have any choice but to reach in my wallet | 我除了掏腰包之外已没有其他选择 |
[35:36] | – and hand over my credit card. – Okay, well, that was | -还有乖乖上交我的信用卡 – 好吧,那还真不是 |
[35:38] | not my intention. I’m not trying to get sympathy. | 我的本意。我不是想打感情牌的 |
[35:41] | – I’m… l’m just– – I know. | – 我……我只是 – 我懂得 |
[35:43] | And you know I have mixed feelings about the campaign. | 感觉参与竞选之后,心中真是五味陈杂 |
[35:45] | I know that you do. | 我明白你的感受 |
[35:47] | – So where does that leave us? – Well, it leaves me | – 所以它给我们留下了什么呢? -嗯,它让我 |
[35:50] | with no choice. | 别无选择 |
[35:53] | Take it. Just take it. | 拿去,只管拿去,莫跟哥哥客气 |
[35:55] | – I can’t. – Take it. | – 可是臣妾做不到啊! – 拿着便是 |
[35:56] | – Can’t do it. – Just take it. | – 臣妾真的做不到啊! – 就当朕赏你的 |
[35:59] | – Take the other one. – Oh, God! | – 把这张也拿去 – 哦,天呐 |
[36:01] | – Take it. Just… – It’s better than sex. | – 拿着吧,就算是…… -这比XXOO还爽 |
[36:03] | Take the whole thing. | 钱包也给你算了 |
[36:08] | Thank you for believing in me. | 谢谢你如此信任我 |
[36:10] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[36:12] | I love you. | 我也爱你 |
[36:14] | – No more green juice. – I can get red juice. | – 别再买蔬菜汁了 – 我可以去买红的 |
[36:16] | Hey. | 喂 |
[36:26] | You remember when Adam and Crosby | 你还记得当我们从医院把茱莉亚带回来 |
[36:28] | hung the welcome home sign from the tree there | 的时候亚当和克罗斯比 |
[36:30] | when we brought Julia home from the hospital? | 在那个树下举着欢迎回家的牌子欢迎咱咩? |
[36:36] | And Sarah… | 还有萨拉 |
[36:40] | She had her first play in the barn. | 她第一次在谷仓里玩 |
[36:45] | Remember Crosby’s punk rock band? | 还记得克罗斯比的朋克乐队吗? |
[36:49] | Were they bad or what? | 他们唱的歌简直要命 |
[36:51] | I mean, practicing all night long, huh? | 我的意思是,唱成这样还尼玛整晚上的唱 |
[37:01] | Sarah, when she was a little girl, | 莎拉,当她还是个小女孩的时候 |
[37:03] | she ran away from home, she hides in the guest house… | 她离家出走,结果藏在了客房里…… |
[37:08] | Tells us she never wants to see us again. | 说是再也不想看到我们了 |
[37:11] | – Zeek… – And Julia, I mean… | – 老齐啊…… – 还有茱莉亚 |
[37:13] | Wasn’t it yesterday she stood there | 当她站在这里告诉我们她被斯坦福录取了 |
[37:16] | and told us she got into Stanford? | 的事像是发生在昨天吧? |
[37:20] | And Crosby got married down there | 当克罗斯比在我吊起第四颗七月灯的地方 |
[37:22] | where I strung up all those fourth of July lights. | 结婚的时候 |
[37:25] | I mean, how many millions of years ago was that? | 这都过了好几百万年了是吧? |
[37:35] | Everything I want is right here, Millie. | 我想要的一切都在这,我的老婆子 |
[37:39] | This is it. This is… | 就是这样,这就是 |
[37:41] | This is my third act with you. | 我和你晚年幸福生活的开始 |
[37:51] | I want more. | 我要的不仅仅是这些 |
[37:54] | I want us to do wonderful things together. | 我想我们一起做一些美好的事情 |
[37:59] | Like I can picture us | 我能想象得到 |
[38:02] | bragging about our grandchildren | 跟我们的孙子吹嘘我们一起在 |
[38:04] | as we’re boating down the seine. | 塞纳河上泛过舟 |
[38:08] | I don’t know, you know, I– | 我不知道,我…… |
[38:10] | I’ve been painting this yard for 20 years now. | 我已经画这个院子画了二十年了 |
[38:13] | Kinda like to paint something else. | 我想画些其他东西了 |
[38:16] | Think how many things we could do. | 想象我们还能一起做很多事嘞~ |
[38:19] | How many things we could afford to do | 如果我们把房子卖了的话 |
[38:21] | if we sold the house. | 我们就有财力可以干更多的事 |
[38:25] | All the places we could see. | 去任何我们想去的地方 |
[38:28] | I don’t know. I’ve seen other places | 我不知道,我已经看够哪些地方了 |
[38:29] | I didn’t really care for ’em. | 我已经不关心这些了 |
[38:35] | Well, I haven’t. | 可是我还没有 |
[38:38] | I was so young when we got married. | 我们结婚的时候我还那么年轻 |
[38:41] | I was practically a baby myself | 当亚当出生的时候我都觉得 |
[38:43] | when Adam was born. | 自己还是个小孩 |
[38:48] | I’m not complaining. You know that. | 我不是在抱怨什么,你了解的 |
[38:51] | It’s been a good life. It’s been a beautiful life. | 这辈子过得很好,美妙的一生 |
[38:55] | I’ve loved every minute of it. | 我爱生命中的每一秒 |
[39:01] | But I’m ready for the next step. | 但我已经准备好了下一站 |
[39:13] | Hey. Hey. I need the room, bro. | 喂喂,哥们,我需要用下房间 |
[39:19] | You got it, drew. | 行啊~德鲁 |
[39:31] | – Yeah. That was my roommate. – Yeah. | – 这就是我室友 – 知道 |
[39:34] | This is pretty much it. | 现在清净了 |
[39:38] | – Scrabble. – Oh, yeah. | – Scrabble(一种拼字游戏) – 呃,是的 |
[39:40] | My mom packed that for me. | 我妈给我搞的 |
[39:42] | – No, I love scrabble. – Yeah? | – 不是吧!我爱死 scrabble了! – 是吗? |
[39:44] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:47] | – Do you know how to play? – Yeah. | – 一起来玩玩? -好啊! |
[39:49] | – Yeah? – I love scrabble too. | – 真的吗? -我也爱死scrabble。 |
[39:51] | Who doesn’t? | 谁不爱啊 |
[39:55] | – It’s like seven– – Yeah, seven. | – 这个字是……seven? – 是啊,就是seven |
[39:57] | Okay, cool. [Plastic rustles] | 你厉害啊 |
[40:07] | “The… vill…” “The… Vill…” | |
[40:11] | I don’t know this one. | 这个字我不认识 |
[40:13] | Sound it out. Doing good. | 做得很好,不要怕,大声念出来 |
[40:15] | “The… [Exhales] | “这个是……” |
[40:17] | – Village. – Vill–village…” | – 村庄 -此无嗯 村庄 |
[40:19] | – Good job, Victor. – Good. | – 漂亮,维克多 – 不错 |
[40:20] | – That was a hard one. – Yeah. | – 这个好难…… – 是啊 |
[40:22] | – “Fog crept…” – Hi. | – “青蛙爬……” – 嗨~ |
[40:25] | Hey, guys. | 大家好~ |
[40:35] | “In and out of the empty huts. | 爬进爬出这个屋(都是阅读的材料) |
[40:48] | of all the people.” | (译者注:以上均为维克多的阅读,对剧情无意义) |
[40:50] | Hey, aida, listen, listen, listen, | 嘿,艾达,听着听着 |
[40:52] | you’re gonna have to take the bottle, sweetie, | 你必须用奶瓶吃饭了宝贝 |
[40:54] | ’cause your mom’s asleep and she’s exhausted, all right? | 你妈妈累坏了,她要睡觉觉好吗? |
[41:00] | All right, sweetie, you gotta try to take the bottle, okay? | 好了,宝贝,快吃,快吃 |
[41:04] | [Crying] Hey, hey, hey, can you try? | 喂喂,你就不能试试吗? |
[41:06] | You–you’re gonna– come on. | 你这是要…… 拜托啊 |
[41:08] | Please? [Crying] | 求你了! |
[41:10] | No, don’t make that face. Listen to me. | 不,别做那个表情,听我说 |
[41:13] | I know your mom’s got boobs, and that’s very, very awesome. | 我知道你妈妈有个真咪咪,而且那玩意棒极了 |
[41:17] | But I’m here for you too, all right? | 但是现在是我在陪你呢,好吗 |
[41:19] | It’s important to me that you know that. | 你知道这非常重要 |
[41:22] | I’m always gonna be here for you, okay? | 我会一直守护你左右,好吗? |
[41:25] | You understand that? | 你能听懂吗? |
[41:28] | You and me. | 你和我 |
[41:32] | Gonna take this bottle? | 我们一起喝吧? |
[41:35] | Please, please, please, please, please. | 求你了求你了求你了,姑奶奶 |
[41:41] | Yeah! That’s a good girl. | 哦也,就这样~ |
[41:44] | Oh, good job, honey. | 漂亮~宝贝 |
[41:47] | Oh, good job. | 干得漂亮~! |
[41:49] | [Whispers] Oh, that’s it. | 就该这样~ |
[41:56] | oh, good job, buddy. | 做得好~宝贝 |
[41:59] | Good job, little aida. | 干得好,艾达 |
[42:01] | Yeah, I’m here for you, buddy. | 对,我在这里陪着你 |
[42:05] | I’m always gonna be here, okay? | 我一直都在这守护你 |
[42:09] | Yeah. | 这样挺好,不是吗? |