时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[00:03] | – What are you doing here? – We could… | – 你在这儿干嘛呢 – 我们可以… |
[00:04] | You know, do the job together. | 我们一起合作 |
[00:06] | – Just like we used to. – Except that I’m the boss. | – 就跟以前那样 – 但这回我是老板 |
[00:11] | You really missed me, huh? | 你是真的想我了 对吧 |
[00:13] | You’re telling me. | 可不是吗 |
[00:15] | I begged you to tell me | 我当时求你 |
[00:17] | if anything happened, and you said… | 告诉我到底有什么事没有 而你却说… |
[00:19] | – I said nothing. – Nothing. | – 我是说的什么也没发生 – 什么也没发生 |
[00:20] | I’m moving out, Julia. | 我要搬出去 茱莉亚 |
[00:21] | Joel, please. | 乔 别这样 |
[00:23] | And the kids at school are starting to notice | 学校的人已经开始注意到 |
[00:24] | that Max has his…Differences. | 麦克斯与他们不同了 |
[00:27] | And he’s all alone. | 他现在是孤身一人 |
[00:31] | Another example from the state test of 2005 | 05年州级考试的另一个例子 |
[00:33] | was a question about the role of the union blockade in– | 是一个关于联邦封锁所扮演的角色的问题… |
[00:36] | yes, Max? | 你说吧 麦克斯 |
[00:38] | The railroads were also developing | 铁路也是在联邦封锁时期 |
[00:39] | at the time of the union blockade. | 所发展起来的 |
[00:41] | Yes, it was. | 没错 确实是 |
[00:42] | The north had approximately | 北方当时大约有 |
[00:43] | 22,000 Miles of railroad, | 22000英里的铁路 |
[00:44] | while the South only had 9,000. | 而南方却只有9000英里 |
[00:46] | – All true. – The South also didn’t use | – 说得没错 – 南方也没有使用 |
[00:47] | the common gauge that the north used, | 标准轨距而北方却使用了 |
[00:49] | which was the 4’8 1/2″ gauge. | 标准轨距是4呎8 1/2英寸 |
[00:50] | We’re not talking about the railroad | 我们这周晚些时候 |
[00:52] | until later this week. Now– | 才讨论铁路的事 现在… |
[00:54] | photography was also another technological advancement | 摄影也是内战时期的 |
[00:56] | of the civil war era. | 另一项技术性成就 |
[00:57] | It was way more important than the cotton gin. | 这项成就比轧棉机更为重要 |
[00:59] | Max, that’s great, but we’re discussing | 麦克斯 你说得很好 但我们现在在讨论 |
[01:01] | the union blockade right– | 联邦封锁权利… |
[01:02] | did you know that many of mathew Brady’s | 你知道马修·布兰迪 |
[01:03] | famous battlefield photos were actually staged? | 著名的战地照片其实是分阶段的吗 |
[01:06] | They figured that out because the same dead guys | 他们分析出来了 因为有一个已经死了的家伙 |
[01:07] | kept appearing in every photo. | 总会出现在每一张照片里 |
[01:09] | There’s a dead guy over here, and there’s | 这张照片里有一个死人 |
[01:10] | the same dead guy in the other photo. | 在另外一张里面也出现了同样的死人 |
[01:11] | – He wouldn’t move. – Max. | – 他不会移动 – 麦克斯 |
[01:12] | – Library? – Go. | – 图书馆吗 – 出去 |
[01:23] | Okay, let’s get back to the union blockade. | 好吧 我们回到联邦封锁的话题上来 |
[01:25] | Don’t laugh at my surfboard drawing. | 不许嘲笑我画的冲浪板 |
[01:27] | No, no, no, I like it. | 不不不 我挺喜欢的 |
[01:28] | I thought this could be cool if we get– | 我觉得我们连天一起… |
[01:30] | with a sky, rather. | 的话会更好 |
[01:31] | I mean, it wouldn’t be too cloudy, | 这样就不会显得阴沉沉的 |
[01:33] | ’cause it’s gonna be sunny. | 因为会阳光明媚的 |
[01:35] | What do you think? | 你觉得如何 |
[01:36] | How do you wanna shoot the whole thing? | 你想怎么拍这整套东西 |
[01:38] | Well, it’s a little bit loose, you know. | 这样有点太松了 |
[01:39] | We’ve gotta be if we’re outside, | 我们一出去肯定会这样 |
[01:41] | and just see how the light is | 我们先看看光线效果如何 |
[01:42] | and we’ll just shoot it. | 拍下来看看 |
[01:44] | – Just shoot it. – Yeah. | – 拍下来看看 – 没错 |
[01:45] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:47] | – You don’t like that? – Well, you’re the boss. | – 你不喜欢吗 – 你是老板嘛 |
[01:48] | You’re the boss, all right? | 你是老板 好吧 |
[01:50] | Say it again. | 再说一遍 |
[01:51] | Is–is this gonna be okay, working– | 这…这样好吗 为我… |
[01:53] | – yeah. – You working for me? | – 嗯 – 你是为我工作的吗 |
[01:55] | Why wouldn’t it be okay? What do you mean? | 为什么不好 你什么意思 |
[01:56] | Because I have, um, decades of experience | 因为我有…几十年的经验 |
[01:59] | and I lost out to somebody | 但我却输给了某个 |
[02:01] | whose big plan is to just shoot? | 大计划只是随便一拍的人吗 |
[02:05] | You should’ve seen the light. | 你应该已经看过光线了 |
[02:07] | I hate to tell you this. It’s not gonna work. | 我也不想这么说 但你这样不管用 |
[02:10] | – Okay. – Not gonna work this way. | – 好吧 – 这样行不通的 |
[02:11] | I would like to be a good team player, | 我想跟你团队协作 |
[02:12] | and I would like to know, what would your idea be? | 而且我以为想知道你的想法是什么 |
[02:15] | – How would you do it? – Here’s what we’re gonna do. | – 你准备怎么做 – 我们就这样办 |
[02:16] | Okay, ’cause I thought about this. | 好吧 因为我已经想过了 |
[02:17] | We can get what you’re going for. | 我们能达到你想要的效果 |
[02:18] | We get some wide shots of the beach, | 我们拍几张海滩的远景 |
[02:21] | come back, we do the rest in the studio. | 然后就回来 剩下的就在工作室里完成 |
[02:23] | I don’t wanna do the rest in the studio. | 我不想剩下的在工作室里完成 |
[02:24] | – We gotta Photoshop it. – Yes. | – 我们要PS它 – 没错 |
[02:25] | – You don’t even like Photoshop. – I don’t. | – 你不喜欢PS – 我是不喜欢 |
[02:27] | Photoshop is fake and artificial, | PS是虚假的 是伪造的 |
[02:28] | but that’s what we’re doing. | 但这就是我们要做的 |
[02:29] | We’re doing a brochure. | 我们做的是小册子 |
[02:31] | I’m gonna show you. | 我拿给你看 |
[02:32] | You’re very lucky… | 你很幸运 |
[02:33] | – I’m here with you on this, all right? – Oh, my God. | – 有我陪你一起做这个 知道吗 – 我的天呐 |
[02:35] | All right, you should be all set up. | 好了 应该都已经设置好了 |
[02:37] | Let me just check to make sure you’re getting a signal. | 我来看看现在有信号没 |
[02:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:40] | And it looks strong. | 信号很强 |
[02:42] | – Oh, yeah, really? – Excellent. | – 嗯 是吗 – 非常好 |
[02:43] | Okay, well, that’s good. | 好吧 那就好 |
[02:44] | We got cancer beams running through us all times. | 我们现在家里到处都是致癌射线 |
[02:46] | – Oh– – All through the air. | – 哦~ – 到处都是 |
[02:47] | – It’s perfectly safe. – Hmph. | – 这个很安全的 – 嗯 |
[02:50] | I just got back from a painting workshop in Italy, | 我才从意大利的工作室回来 |
[02:53] | and my instructor wants to continue the class online, | 我们的讲师想继续在线授课 |
[02:55] | – so… – Sounds fun. | – 所以… – 挺有趣嘛 |
[02:57] | What would you like to call your network? | 你们想把网络设置为什么名字 |
[02:59] | How about “cancer beams”? | 致癌射线如何 |
[03:02] | Um, “villa Camille.” | 嗯 叫“维拉·卡米尔”吧 |
[03:05] | Yes, that’s what I’m going to call it– | 嗯 我打算叫它… |
[03:07] | villa Camille. | 维拉·卡米尔 |
[03:08] | Villa Camille. | 维拉·卡米尔 |
[03:10] | You know, my son actually did go through | 我儿子正在接受教育 |
[03:12] | a few I.E.P.S, and it was very overwhelming. | 但教育太过于强势 |
[03:14] | – I sometimes feel like they’re… – Kristina. | – 我觉得他们… – 克里斯蒂娜 |
[03:16] | – Purposefully trying… – Kristina. | – 在故意想… – 克里斯蒂娜 |
[03:17] | – To confuse you so that– – Hey, Kristina. | – 麻痹你 以便… – 嘿 克里斯蒂娜 |
[03:18] | – What? – Hang up. | – 怎么了 – 把电话挂了 |
[03:20] | Hold on a second. I know. | 等一下 我知道 |
[03:21] | I don’t know how our situation can help you, | 我不知道我们的处境对你有没有帮助 |
[03:23] | but I do know that the public school system | 但我知道公共教育系统 |
[03:25] | is really hard to sort of navigate. | 真的很难驾驭 |
[03:27] | Kristina, I have an emergency! | 克里斯蒂娜 我有急事儿 |
[03:28] | – Okay. – Can you Geoff | – 好吧 – 你能先把 |
[03:29] | the phone, please? | 电话挂了吗 |
[03:30] | Um, coffee? I’d love to. | 喝咖啡吗 我很乐意呢 |
[03:32] | Kristina, oh, my God! | 克里斯蒂娜 天呐 |
[03:33] | The baby’s eating the Kitty litter! | 女儿在吃猫砂了 |
[03:35] | – That sounds great. – I don’t know how to stop it! | – 听起来不错 – 我不知道该怎么阻止她 |
[03:36] | – Thank you, bye. – Help! | – 谢谢你 拜 – 救命呐 |
[03:38] | What are you doing? That was so rude. | 你在干嘛呢 这样太没礼貌了 |
[03:40] | – Boundaries. – I have boundaries. | – 凡事要有底线 – 我有自己的底线 |
[03:42] | You have to set boundaries. | 你必须要设一条底线 |
[03:44] | Honey, this poor woman, I felt so bad for her. | 亲爱的 我真的很提这个可怜的女人感到难过 |
[03:46] | She wouldn’t hang up. I didn’t know what to say. | 她不挂电话 而我不知道该跟她说什么 |
[03:47] | Like, she needs our help. | 她好像需要我们的帮助 |
[03:49] | But you have to tell Caroline Lee | 但你必须得告诉卡洛琳·李 |
[03:50] | to stop giving out your phone number to people. | 别再把你的电话到处给别人了 |
[03:52] | – Okay, we– – She can’t expect you | – 好吧 我们… – 她不能指望你 |
[03:53] | to solve every little wounded bird’s problem. | 去解决每一个受伤小鸟的问题 |
[03:55] | We were once the wounded bird, honey. | 我们也曾经是受伤的小鸟 亲爱的 |
[03:57] | We didn’t know what an I.E.P. Was. | 我们曾经也不知道个别化教育计划 |
[03:59] | – I know we didn’t… – It’s overwhelming. | – 我知道我们曾经不… – 这一切势不可挡 |
[04:00] | But yet we figured it out. | 但我们解决好了 |
[04:01] | We did. You’re right. We did. | 我们做到了 你说得对 我们确实做到了 |
[04:02] | So I just think you should set some limits. | 所以我觉得你得设点禁区 |
[04:04] | Well, I’m just gonna have coffee with her. | 我就去跟她喝杯咖啡而已 |
[04:05] | – That’s how it starts. – No. | – 都是这么开始的 – 不是 |
[04:06] | I’m just gonna have coffee. | 我就跟人家喝杯咖啡而已 |
[04:07] | – That’s how it starts. – No. | – 就是这么开始的 – 不是 |
[04:09] | – Yeah. – You’ll see. | – 嗯 – 你看着吧 |
[04:10] | Oh, I will. We’ll see. | 我会的 我们看着吧 |
[04:12] | We’ll see. | 我们看着吧 |
[04:14] | Why don’t you tell me a little bit | 你们何不告诉我一下 |
[04:15] | about why you’re here today? | 你们今天来这儿的原因呢 |
[04:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:18] | Um… | 嗯… |
[04:20] | Um… | 嗯… |
[04:21] | On the phone, | 你们在电话上 |
[04:22] | you mentioned having some tough news | 你们提到了有些不好的消息要告诉 |
[04:24] | to break to your children, | 你们的孩子 |
[04:26] | uh, Sydney and Victor? | 西德妮跟维克多是吧 |
[04:28] | 9 and 11? | 一个九岁 一个十一岁 |
[04:29] | – Right. – Yeah. | – 对 – 没错 |
[04:30] | – Yeah? – Yeah, um… | – 是吗 – 没错 嗯… |
[04:33] | Well, we’re just, you know, | 我们俩 |
[04:34] | we’re in the process of– | 我们正在… |
[04:38] | I’m moving out. | 我要搬出去了 |
[04:40] | And I just–we want to figure out the best way | 我们想找出最合适的办法告诉 |
[04:43] | to, um, tell that to the kids, you know. | 告诉那两个孩子 |
[04:47] | Make a smooth transition. | 想顺利地过度 |
[04:48] | Not like anything like this can be smooth. | 我们知道这种事不可能顺利得了 |
[04:51] | We just want to figure out the best way for them. | 但我们还是想找最合适的办法跟他们说 |
[04:55] | Sure, of course. | 当然 我知道 |
[04:57] | Well, it would help me give better advice | 如果我能知道更多的细节的话 |
[04:59] | if I had a better sense of the situation. | 我就能给出更好的建议了 |
[05:00] | Right. | 是 |
[05:02] | Do you mind if I ask you a few questions? | 你们介意我问几个问题吗 |
[05:03] | – No. – No. | – 不介意 – 不介意 |
[05:04] | Are the children aware | 你们的孩子 |
[05:06] | of anything happening at home? | 有没有意识到家里可能有事要发生 |
[05:07] | Do they know what’s going on? | 他们知道出什么事了吗 |
[05:09] | Um, yes, they–they are aware of it. | 嗯 他们…他们知道 |
[05:13] | Um, my daughter, Sydney, | 我女儿 西德妮 |
[05:15] | asked why we’re fighting so much. | 问过我为什么我们吵得那么厉害 |
[05:18] | So we just want to try and avoid that, you know. | 所以我们想尽量避免 |
[05:21] | We don’t want to fight in front of our kids. | 我们不想在孩子面前吵架 |
[05:23] | Okay, well, this is a tough question, | 好吧 下面这个问题也许很难 |
[05:25] | but have you definitely decided to divorce, | 但你们确定了是要离婚 |
[05:29] | or is this a trial separation | 还是说只是怀有 |
[05:31] | with the hopes of reconciliation? | 和解意愿的分居 |
[05:36] | It’s a trial separation | 是带有和解意愿 |
[05:38] | with hopes of reconciliation. | 的分居 |
[05:40] | Um, I have hopes of reconciliation. | 嗯 我希望能和解 |
[05:48] | I… | 我… |
[05:50] | I-I don’t know, | 我…我不知道 |
[05:53] | uh, right now. | 现在我还不知道 |
[05:54] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:55] | Well, uncertainty is–it’s tough for kids. | 不确定的话会对孩子来说很难 |
[05:59] | But sometimes there’s just no avoiding it. | 但有时候也难以避免这种情况 |
[06:01] | Why don’t we talk about the tools we can use | 我们何不聊聊我们可以采取 |
[06:02] | to help minimize their anxiety? | 哪些途径来使他们的焦虑最小化呢 |
[06:05] | – Okay? – Okay. Sure. | – 行吗 – 行 当然可以 |
[06:57] | They’ve been in there forever. | 那些东西永远都弄不掉了 |
[06:59] | I mean, that can’t be good, can it? | 这样可一点都不好 你说是吧 |
[07:00] | Look, it’s just a little, tiny water stain on the ceiling. | 就是天花板上沾了一小块水渍而已 |
[07:03] | – It’s gonna be fine. – No. | – 慢慢会消失掉的 – 不会 |
[07:04] | Three months ago, it was a little, tiny stain. | 三个月前只是一小块水渍 |
[07:06] | Now it’s an enormous stain. | 现在可是一大块了 |
[07:07] | I didn’t even know the water heater | 我都不知道阁楼上 |
[07:08] | was even in the attic. | 居然还有热水器 |
[07:09] | Did you know that? | 你知道那儿有吗 |
[07:10] | I wasn’t positive of its location, | 我不知道它是安在哪儿的 |
[07:12] | but I did not see it on the ground floor, | 但我在地下室没有看到 |
[07:14] | so, yeah, I thought that could have been an option. | 所以我就猜可能是在阁楼上 |
[07:16] | – When can we go inside? – In a minute. | – 我们什么时候能进去啊 – 再等会儿 |
[07:18] | The guy will be–he’s gonna come out here and clear us. | 那个人…等他出来给我们消个毒先 |
[07:20] | Oh, here we go. Here he comes. | 说曹操曹操就到了 |
[07:22] | It looks like the guy who took e.T. Away. | 看起来好像那个把ET给带走做实验的那个人啊 |
[07:24] | It’s okay. | 没事儿的 |
[07:25] | – We all clear? – Oh, congratulations. | – 都清理干净了吗 – 恭喜你们了 |
[07:28] | You got mold. | 你们家发霉了 |
[07:29] | – Ugh. – Oh, come on. | – 呃 – 不是吧 |
[07:35] | I didn’t give us mold. | 又不是我搞发霉的 |
[07:36] | Just a little stain, huh? | 只是一块小水渍 是吧 |
[07:39] | Yeah, I’m telling you right now, | 我跟你说啊现在 |
[07:41] | I don’t trust any of those guys. | 我一点都不相信那群家伙 |
[07:43] | There’s not a shred of medical or scientific proof | 没有任何药物或是科学证据 |
[07:45] | that this mold hysteria is warranted. | 可以证明真的是发霉了 |
[07:47] | – Uncle Adam, hi. – Hey. | – 亚当大伯 你好啊 – 嘿 |
[07:49] | Sorry for all this. | 真是很抱歉来打扰你 |
[07:51] | Don’t worry about it. | 没有的事儿 |
[07:52] | You guys make yourselves at home. | 你们就把这儿当自己家随便住 |
[07:54] | – Ooh, can I play the records? – Ah, ah, ah. | – 唔 我能放唱片吗 – 啊 啊 啊 |
[07:55] | No, no, no, no. You got homework to do, so– | 不行 你还有作业要做 所以… |
[07:57] | – hey, grab this, buddy. – We’ll be, you know– | – 拿一下这个 小子 – 我们会… |
[07:58] | – make yourselves at home. – Won’t be in your way. | – 你们随意啊 – 不会碍你的事儿的 |
[08:00] | Hopefully we’ll be at the ritz, | 要是孩儿他爸买了保险 |
[08:01] | if daddy’s got the good insurance policy. | 我们现在就该住里兹饭店了 |
[08:03] | Yeah, let’s see | 嗯 我来看看 |
[08:04] | what kind of insurance policy daddy has. | 孩儿他爹都买了什么保险啊 |
[08:08] | You all right there, buddy? | 你还好吗 老弟 |
[08:09] | Yeah, I’m telling you right now, | 好得很 我跟你说啊 |
[08:11] | this whole thing is a racket. | 这整件事儿就是在敲诈 |
[08:13] | It’s utter bunk. Have you ever dealt with this? | 那个人绝对是在胡扯 你遇到这事儿是怎么处理的 |
[08:15] | – Yeah, mold is serious. – Yeah, no kidding. | – 嗯 发霉可是件很严肃的事 – 是啊 可不是开玩笑的 |
[08:17] | Can cause some real bad respiratory issues. | 可能会导致很严重的呼吸疾病 |
[08:18] | We had a spot this big. This big, Adam. | 我们就有这么大一块小水渍诶 就这么大点儿诶 亚当 |
[08:20] | They come in in Hazmat suits | 他们就穿着防护服过来 |
[08:22] | to cause hysteria and panic. | 表现得惊恐万状的 |
[08:24] | The whole thing’s a racket. | 这件事就是在敲诈 |
[08:25] | Could’ve been that black mold, man. | 可能是黑霉也不一定呢 老弟 |
[08:27] | They trade in fear, and the whole thing– | 他们故意把我们搞恐慌的 这整件事儿就是… |
[08:29] | here we go, here we go. Okay. | 找到了 找到了 好了 |
[08:31] | We’re going to the ritz. | 我们要去里兹酒店 |
[08:34] | We’re going to the r– | 我们要去里… |
[08:36] | – hey, will you look at– – What? | – 嘿 你来看看… – 看什么 |
[08:38] | Will you look at this spreadsheet for me? | 你能帮我看一下这个数据表吗 |
[08:40] | Do you even know what a spreadsheet is? | 你连数据表都认识了诶 |
[08:42] | Would you look at the– | 你就给我看… |
[08:44] | – what? – Howdy doody, | – 看什么呀 – 哈嘟啊 |
[08:46] | could you please look at this document | 你就不能帮我看一下下 |
[08:48] | for one second? | 这份文件吗 |
[08:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:52] | – Right there? – Yes. | – 就是这个 – 对 |
[08:54] | Okay, “your policy does not cover water damage–“ | 好吧 “你的保险不包括水害…” |
[08:55] | – you don’t need to yell it. – I’m not shouting. | – 你别喊那么大声 – 我又没喊 |
[08:57] | You can read with your eyes, not your mouth. | 你用眼睛看就行了 嘴别念出来啊 |
[08:59] | – Oh, I see. – Here’s what I’m asking. | – 哦 我懂了 – 我就是想问这个 |
[09:01] | We–we had on the ceiling | 我们…我们天花板上 |
[09:03] | a little bit of water, all right? | 就有一点水渍 知道吗 |
[09:05] | But I don’t think it constitutes | 但我觉得这算不上 |
[09:07] | continuous water seepage. | 水泄漏事件 |
[09:09] | Well, how long was it there? | 那那个水渍在上面多久了 |
[09:11] | – Three or four months. – Four months? | – 三四个月吧 – 四个月 |
[09:12] | Insurance company’s not gonna let you get away with that. | 保险公司不会让你蒙混过关的 |
[09:15] | You’re not staying at the ritz. | 你住不了里兹酒店了 |
[09:15] | They’re not gonna put you up at a hotel. | 他们不会把你安置在酒店的 |
[09:17] | You’re gonna be staying at mom and dad’s guesthouse. | 你得回去住老爸老妈的客房了 |
[09:19] | We are not staying at mom and dad’s guesthouse. | 我们才不住老爸老妈的客房呢 |
[09:21] | – It’s four months. – I’d rather stay in a minivan. | – 都四个月了诶 – 我宁愿待在小货车里面 |
[09:22] | You better call them and have them freshen up the sheets. | 你最好打电话给让他们把床单换一下 |
[09:24] | – Everything okay? – What’s wrong–y-yeah. | – 没事儿吧 – 到底什么…没…没事儿 |
[09:27] | – Yeah? – Get ready to pick out | – 真没事儿 – 你就准备好 |
[09:29] | your room service items from the ritz. | 你在里兹酒店要用的客房服务用品吧 |
[09:32] | Yeah, well, Camille… And room service… | 嗯 卡米尔…家的客房服务… |
[09:33] | ‘Cause we got a pretty good policy here. | 因为我们有相当好的保险政策 |
[09:35] | Should be pretty interesting, you in the guesthouse. | 你要是住客房的话应该会很有趣的 |
[09:37] | That’ll be nice, huh? | 那样会很不错的 对吧 |
[09:38] | Where’d that–oh. | 哪儿…哦 |
[09:42] | And this I.E.P. Stuff, it’s just– | 这些个别教育计划真的… |
[09:45] | it’s a disaster. | 真是灾难一场 |
[09:46] | – I am totally… – It’s frustrating. | – 我完全… – 太令人难过了 |
[09:48] | – Overwhelmed. – It’s overwhelming. | – 被打垮了 – 确实这些太强势了 |
[09:49] | – Yes, absolutely. – Don’t take it personal. | – 对 确实是 – 别想成是你个人的问题 |
[09:51] | It’s like they do this to parents on purpose. | 这是他们故意这么坑我们这些父母的 |
[09:52] | I went through the same thing with Max. | 我也跟麦克斯经历了同样的事 |
[09:54] | It was insane. | 这些东西太荒唐了 |
[09:55] | So, listen, before we get into– | 听我说 在我们… |
[09:57] | I just–I wanted to let you know | 我想…我希望让你知道 |
[09:59] | that I’m so happy to help you in any way that I can. | 我很乐意以任何形式尽力帮助你 |
[10:01] | I just have so much… | 但我还有… |
[10:02] | – Oh. Right. – Going on at the house… | – 对哦 – 太多事儿要要靠自己… |
[10:04] | – Right now with my own. – Oh, no, no, no, please. | – 处理的事儿 – 不不不 别这么说 |
[10:05] | – There’s stuff that’s– – I’m sure. | – 这件事实在… – 我知道 |
[10:08] | – I totally get it. – Yeah. | – 我明白你的意思 – 嗯 |
[10:09] | And I’m just so grateful for… | 我很感激你… |
[10:10] | – You got it. – Any help. | – 你明白了 – 任何的帮助 |
[10:11] | So tell me about Kiara. | 跟我说说琪拉雅的事 |
[10:12] | Her studies, what she’s doing– | 她的学习 她所做的… |
[10:14] | okay, she has an incredible mind | 她对数学跟科学两科 |
[10:17] | for math and science, and school, | 非常有天赋 |
[10:19] | it’s just not challenging her at all. | 学校的学习也没有难倒她 |
[10:21] | – Right. – And I’m so frustrated. | – 嗯 – 我很难过是因为 |
[10:23] | You know, they have her in class | 他们把她跟 |
[10:25] | with these kids that– | 那些孩子安排在一起 那些… |
[10:27] | – they’re lower functioning. – Yes, they are. | – 那些孩子机能不健全 – 没错 他们就是这样 |
[10:28] | And she doesn’t fit there at all. | 但她根本不适合那个地方 |
[10:29] | – And it’s frustrating. – Yes. | – 这样很让人灰心 – 没错 |
[10:31] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[10:32] | I mean, look. | 你看 |
[10:33] | My kid reads quantum physics for fun. | 我的孩子很喜欢看量子力学 |
[10:36] | What she’s capable of– | 她有能力… |
[10:38] | the school just treats her like she’s a problem | 而学校却把她当成那些 |
[10:41] | and something they just have to deal with. | 他们能够处理的那种问题 |
[10:43] | Right. Um, okay, | 好吧 |
[10:44] | so when is her I.E.P. Scheduled for? | 那她的个别教育计划什么时候执行 |
[10:47] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[10:48] | – Tomorrow, like, tomorrow– – Yes. | – 明天 明天… – 没错 |
[10:51] | It’s okay. Don’t let it overwhelm you. | 没事儿的 别让他们打败你 |
[10:52] | I’ve just been para–I’ve just been paralyzed. | 我已经没有…我完全没办法了 |
[10:53] | – It’s okay. – It’s so stupid. | – 没事儿的 – 这样太傻了 |
[10:55] | It’s okay. Um, then I think | 没事儿的 我觉得我们该 |
[10:57] | we should probably get to work. | 回去工作了 |
[10:59] | Yeah. | 对 |
[11:00] | – Maybe get some coffee. – Okay. I have– | – 或者再喝点咖啡 – 好吧 我… |
[11:12] | I thought it might be you. | 我就知道是你 |
[11:14] | Hi. It is. | 嗨 没错 |
[11:15] | I’m told there’s a beautiful woman | 我被告知有位迷人的女士 |
[11:16] | who has a package for me. | 替我签下了包裹 |
[11:17] | Well, I don’t know, but I have one. | 我不清楚 不过我确实手里有一个包裹 |
[11:21] | What is all this? | 这些都是什么啊 |
[11:23] | – Oh, uh– – This a sneak peek | – 呃… – 你这是在偷看 |
[11:24] | at the surfsport’s 2014 annual report? | 劲浪公司14年的年度报告吗 |
[11:28] | Well, I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[11:30] | I’m working on a couple different things. | 我是在弄另一些完全不同的事 |
[11:31] | This was a whole beach concept, and, uh– | 这是一整套海滩的构思 而且… |
[11:34] | Love it. This concept looks amazing. | 我爱死这个了 这套构思看起来挺赞了 |
[11:36] | – Yeah? – So good. Yes. | – 是吗 – 很不错 对 |
[11:38] | Alec’s gonna be thrilled. | 艾里克看了会激动死的 |
[11:39] | Yeah, this was sort of an idea | 嗯 这差不多就是我们 |
[11:40] | if we were gonna do it at the beach, | 要在海滩上弄的了 |
[11:42] | but it looks like, um, | 但看起来有点… |
[11:44] | Hank thinks we’re gonna be safer in the– | 汉克认为我们在工作室里做会… |
[11:46] | in the studio. | 安全一点 |
[11:47] | Wait…Hank says? Why? | 等等 汉克说的吗 为什么 |
[11:49] | What’s Hank have to do with it? | 这跟汉克又有什么关系 |
[11:51] | Well, I hired him as my assistant, you know. | 我雇用他来做我的助手 |
[11:52] | He’s got a lot of experience and– | 他比较有经验而且… |
[11:54] | hired the guy that you beat out for the job? | 雇佣一个被你在竞争中打败的家伙吗 |
[11:56] | I hired a guy I used to work for | 我雇佣的是一个我曾经为其工作的人 |
[11:58] | because he has 20 years of experience to my 1, | 因为他比我要多二十年的经验 而我只有一年的 |
[12:01] | – and he said he’d help me. – Hmm. All right. | – 而且他已经答应了要帮我 – 好吧 |
[12:02] | So he’s in charge now, or he’s– | 所以是说他现在在负责咯 还是说… |
[12:04] | no, he’s not in charge. | 不 不是他负责 |
[12:05] | He’s not in charge. | 才不是他负责呢 |
[12:06] | It’s just, I did this whole beach concept, | 这一切构思都是我想出来的 |
[12:08] | and–and, you know, he’s worried about the weather. | 而他…他老是对天气的事儿忧心忡忡的 |
[12:10] | We can’t control the light. | 成天念叨说我们控制不了光线 |
[12:12] | And he feels like we can capture the same stuff | 他还觉得我们在工作室同样也能 |
[12:14] | – in the studio, so– – Sounds pretty good. | – 捕捉到这些画面 所以… – 听起来不错 |
[12:15] | I guess he knows what he’s doing. | 我觉得他这么做肯定有他的道理 |
[12:17] | – Yeah. – Maybe. | – 嗯 – 可能吧 |
[12:18] | I mean, really, he was like, “it’s impossible. | 他老是说“我们做不到 |
[12:20] | It’s impossible to shoot at the beach,” so– | 在海滩上拍摄绝对行不通” 所以 |
[12:21] | you know, it’s also impossible | 在孟买根绝霍乱 |
[12:23] | to eradicate cholera in Mumbai. | 也是不可能的 |
[12:24] | Did you do that? | 你做到了吗 |
[12:26] | No, but it’s not gonna keep me from trying. | 没有 但这也不会阻止我去尝试 |
[12:28] | Ugh, look, it’s– | 呃 听我说… |
[12:30] | I have to acknowledge, you know, | 我必须承认 |
[12:31] | I’m potentially in over my head. | 这已经超出了我的能力范围 |
[12:34] | You’re not, Sarah. You’re–you’re… | 你没有 萨拉 你…你… |
[12:37] | Out of your comfort zone. | 你只是超出了你的舒适地带 |
[12:39] | – Mm. – Right? | – 嗯 – 好吗 |
[12:40] | There’s a huge difference. | 这有很大的不同 |
[12:41] | Because, look, the work’s right here. | 因为工作就在这儿 |
[12:44] | You were hired for your vision, and here it is. | 你被雇佣是因为你想象力 这不就是吗 |
[12:46] | I see it, right? | 我看到了 不是吗 |
[12:47] | If they wanted Hank’s work, they would’ve hired Hank. | 如果他们想用汉克的话 早就没你什么事儿了 |
[12:49] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[12:54] | Oh, look out, there’s something in front of you. | 小心了 你前面有什么东西 |
[12:56] | – Birds incoming. – All right. | – 鸟袭 – 好吧 |
[12:58] | I guess it’s…Guess it’s time. | 我觉得…我觉得是时候了 |
[13:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:02] | All right. | 好吧 |
[13:05] | How long have they been playing together? | 他们一起玩了多久了 |
[13:08] | Since they got home from school. | 放学回来就开始了 |
[13:09] | – Oh, I got the coin. – Ha-ha! | – 我捡到金币了 – 哈哈 |
[13:11] | You get the ones–get the ones up there, go. | 你去捡这个…去捡上面那个 快去 |
[13:12] | Yeah, a year ago, this was… | 对啊 一年以前 这一切… |
[13:15] | All we could think about. | 就是我们当时想竭力促成的 |
[13:17] | Getting them to this point. | 让他们能像现在这样融洽 |
[13:18] | Oh, you’re gonna get eaten. | 你要被吃掉了 |
[13:28] | Maybe you– | 要不… |
[13:30] | tomorrow. | 明天再说 |
[13:35] | Ooh! Oh, gosh. | 唔 唔 天呐 |
[13:37] | Here, get all the coins. | 快去 吃这些金币 |
[13:41] | Yeah. | 好吧 |
[13:45] | Monet adored painting outdoors. | 莫内喜欢在户外作画 |
[13:48] | He met a landscape artist while living in le havre, | 他在勒阿弗尔邂逅了一位山水画家 |
[13:50] | and this artist are, this artist actually… | 而这个画家…这个画家事实上… |
[13:53] | Oh, that’s nice, yeah. | 画得真好 真的 |
[13:56] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[13:57] | – I’m in class. – Oh. | – 我在上课呢 – 哦 |
[14:01] | Class, huh? | 上课呢 是吗 |
[14:02] | You’re drinking alone and eating ham. | 独自喝着饮料 吃着火腿 |
[14:04] | What a class. | 这算什么课啊 |
[14:06] | Have some prosciutto. It’s delicious. | 吃点意大利熏火腿呗 挺好吃的 |
[14:08] | Oh, thanks. | 谢了 |
[14:15] | So, uh, where is she? | 那她这是在哪儿呢 |
[14:18] | Well, it was supposed to be Italy, | 本来是该在意大利的 |
[14:21] | but she’s in France. | 但她是在法国 |
[14:22] | We were talking about the French impressionists yesterday, | 我们昨天说起了法国印象派作家 |
[14:25] | and so she just hopped on a train | 而她正好刚上火车 |
[14:27] | and went to monet’s garden. | 正准备去莫内花园 |
[14:28] | – Really? – Yeah. | – 真的吗 – 嗯 |
[14:30] | Well, that’s a long way to go to a garden. | 去那儿得花好一番功夫呢 |
[14:32] | Yeah, it’s pretty wonderful. | 是啊 这样挺好的 |
[14:35] | I feel like I’m back in firenze. | 我感觉仿佛又回到了佛罗伦萨 |
[14:39] | Francesca says that it’s a good idea | 弗朗西斯卡说 |
[14:42] | to create an artistic space | 在自己生活的周围创造出艺术氛围 |
[14:45] | around you when you work. | 是一个很好的主意 |
[14:47] | I think she’s right. | 我觉得她说得很对 |
[14:50] | It feels incredible. | 感觉太不可思议了 |
[15:11] | Go work on your car. | 忙你的车去吧 |
[15:25] | Hey. Is that your math homework? | 嘿 这是你的数学作业吗 |
[15:28] | Yeah. | 对 |
[15:28] | You’re nowhere near done with that. | 你还没做完吗 |
[15:30] | It’s okay, I can finish it during history. | 没事儿 我可以历史课再做 |
[15:31] | Max, you can’t do math homework during history class. | 麦克斯 历史课不能做数学作业 |
[15:34] | Yeah, I can, if I get sent to the library, | 我可以 如果我又被叫去图书馆的话就可以 |
[15:35] | which there’s a 72% chance that I will. | 而我被叫去的几率是72% |
[15:37] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[15:38] | Well, out of the 29 class days this semester, | 这学期已经上过的29节历史课 |
[15:40] | I’ve been sent to the library 21 times. | 我有21节都被叫去图书馆了 |
[15:43] | All right, hold on a second. | 好吧 等一会 |
[15:44] | Who is sending you to the library? | 谁把你叫去图书馆的 |
[15:45] | Mr. Wyman. | 怀曼老师 |
[15:47] | And why is he sending you to the library? | 为什么他要叫你去图书馆 |
[15:48] | I don’t know. That was the first bell. | 我不知道 第一节上课铃响了 |
[15:50] | Max, listen, there’s gotta be a reason | 麦克斯 这事儿肯定有原因的 |
[15:51] | why he’s sending you to the library. | 为什么他要把你叫去图书馆 |
[15:52] | – I don’t know. Bye, dad. – Max– | – 我不知道 再见 老爸 – 麦克斯… |
[15:54] | this is not acceptable. | 这个回答我可不满意 |
[16:05] | Just a little more here. | 这里再多弄点儿 |
[16:07] | – Hank… – Smooth it out. | – 汉克 – 把它弄平 |
[16:10] | What? | 干嘛 |
[16:11] | I think–I really think | 我觉得…我真觉得 |
[16:13] | we should shoot at the beach. | 我们应该去海滩拍实景 |
[16:14] | That’s a bad idea. It’s– | 这主意烂透了 这… |
[16:16] | oh, come on. I told you this. | 别这样 我不是跟你说过吗 |
[16:17] | You don’t go to the beach for a corporate annual report. | 你不用为了法人年度报告去海滩的 |
[16:20] | – Why not? – Because you’re on a budget. | – 为什么 – 因为你要节省预算 |
[16:22] | You’re on a deadline, and you’re not gonna get the shots. | 你还有截止日期 而且你拍不出你想要的东西的 |
[16:23] | You don’t know that. | 不试试怎么知道 |
[16:25] | I do know it. I do know that. | 我知道 我就是知道 |
[16:27] | I just feel like I sold the guy, you know, | 我总感觉把那个人给出卖了 |
[16:30] | I got the job because I had a vision, | 我得到这份工作是因为我有想象力 |
[16:31] | and he loved the idea of shooting at the beach. | 而且他也很喜欢去海滩上拍摄这个想法 |
[16:33] | – Well, I mean– – What? Oh. | – 我是说… – 什么 哦 |
[16:36] | – Here it is. – No, I’m not gonna say anything. | – 你又要来了 – 不 我什么也没打算说 |
[16:37] | – Here it is. – No, no. | – 又要来了 – 不 不 |
[16:38] | – No, no. I can’t wait. – Well, you got it | – 不 不 我等不了 – 你赢得了这份工作 |
[16:39] | because, yeah, okay, you had a vision, | 是因为你有想象力没错 |
[16:40] | but also, it helped that you– | 但是 你… |
[16:43] | sleeping with the tuxedo guy, right? | 你跟那个礼服男睡觉也帮了不少忙 不是吗 |
[16:45] | Oh, my God. | 我的天呐 |
[16:47] | That is not true. | 才不是这样的 |
[16:48] | You’re not sleeping with him? | 你没跟他睡过吗 |
[16:49] | I didn’t– | 我没有… |
[16:50] | that’s not why I got the job. | 这不是我的到这份工作的原因 |
[16:53] | That’s so insulting. | 你太侮辱人了 |
[16:54] | Think about what you just said to me. | 你自己想想刚才说的什么 |
[16:55] | Here’s the thing:I don’t get these jobs | 事情是这样的 我没能得到这些工作 |
[16:57] | because I don’t have the personality they want. | 是因为我没有他们想要的性格 |
[16:59] | – Yeah. – Okay, but then they– | – 没错 – 好吧 但然后他们… |
[17:01] | they give it to somebody who has no experience. | 他们却把这份工作给了一个毫无经验可谈的人 |
[17:03] | – I don’t have no experience. – You have no experience. | – 我毫无经验可谈 -你确实毫无经验可谈 |
[17:05] | I thought you were here to help me. | 我以为你是过来帮我的 |
[17:06] | – I am here to help you. – Why do you make things | 我来确实是为了帮助你 – 你为什么要把事情 |
[17:06] | – I’m trying to help you. – so difficult? | – 我现在就是在尽力帮你 – 弄得这么难办 |
[17:07] | I’m sorry. I got the job. | 我很抱歉是我得到了这份工作 |
[17:09] | The world isn’t fair, okay? | 世界就是这么不公平 好吗 |
[17:10] | But I brought you in to be my helper. | 但我让你来这儿是来当我的助手的 |
[17:12] | Well, it didn’t work. It’s not working. | 这不管用 一点都不管用 |
[17:15] | I got the big starfish and everything. | 亏我还拿了大海星什么的 |
[17:17] | Let’s just–you know, I tried to do this. | 我还是…我本想把这个做好 |
[17:19] | It’s just not worth it. | 但这不值得 |
[17:21] | – Well, don’t walk away. – It’s just not worth it. | – 别走啊 – 这一点都不值 |
[17:22] | You’re kidding me! | 你耍我是吧 |
[17:23] | You’re not walking out. | 不许出这个门儿 |
[17:28] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[17:29] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:31] | I admit this is not the ritz. | 我承认这里不是里兹酒店 |
[17:32] | But our proximity to the vending machine– | 但我们离自动贩卖机蛮近的… |
[17:35] | oh! It’s unparalleled. | 真是空前了啊 |
[17:36] | – Oh, God, look at that. – Look at this. | – 天呐 你看那个 – 看看这个 |
[17:38] | I mean, we are inches away. | 它就近在咫尺 |
[17:40] | – Oh, great, great. – Uh-huh. | – 太棒了 太棒了 – 啊哈 |
[17:42] | You know, I really hope this isn’t | 我真的希望我们在这儿 |
[17:43] | for more than a few days, | 就待几天 |
[17:44] | because we can’t–we can’t stay here. | 因为我们不能…我们不能待在这儿 |
[17:46] | We can s–we can do this. | 我们能待…我们能待的 |
[17:48] | – No. – We can make this work. | – 不 – 我们做得到的 |
[17:49] | You just gotta have the right mental attitude. | 你只需要保持良好的心态就行了 |
[17:50] | You can’t think of it as being stuck in a hotel. | 你不能把我们想成是困在了酒店 |
[17:53] | A motel. It’s a motel. | 是汽车旅馆 这是个汽车旅馆 |
[17:54] | Tomay-to, to-mah-to. In a motel. | 都一样嘛 在汽车旅馆里 |
[17:57] | You’ve gotta think of it as, like, | 你得这么想 |
[17:58] | a forced family bonding exercise. | 把它想成是不得已的家庭蹦极 |
[18:00] | And then it starts sounding real fun. | 这样听起来就有趣多了 |
[18:01] | – Okay. – You know how close | – 好吧 – 你知道我们离离开之日 |
[18:03] | we’re gonna be when we leave here? | 有多近吗 |
[18:04] | – Yay. – Right? | – 是啊 -对吧 |
[18:06] | So what happens if it’s for more than a few days? | 要是几天后我们还是回不去怎么办 |
[18:08] | You know, like, what do we do then? | 我们到时候要怎么办 |
[18:09] | We can’t keep paying for a motel. | 我们不能总在个汽车旅馆逗留 |
[18:11] | – Mm-hmm. – Can’t move into my mom’s place | – 嗯哼 – 我们又不能搬到我妈家去 |
[18:12] | ’cause it’s too small, and the only other people | 因为她家太小了 那唯一还有空房的 |
[18:14] | – with extra room are… – No, no, no, no, no. | – 就是… – 不不不 |
[18:16] | – You know, is your… – No, no, no, don’t start… | – 就是你的… – 不不不 别说… |
[18:18] | – Parents. – Throwing that out here. | – 父母家 – 想都别想 |
[18:20] | – That’s not an option. – Why not? | – 绝对不能去那儿 – 为什么 |
[18:21] | I love you and the babies too much. | 我很爱你跟我们的孩子 |
[18:23] | To put you in that situation would be… | 把你们放到那种环境下会… |
[18:25] | – Ready to go to the pool. – Catastrophic. | – 准备好去泳池了吗 – 成大灾难的 |
[18:26] | See? | 瞧见没 |
[18:27] | That’s the attitude I’m talking about. | 这才是我要的那种态度 |
[18:29] | That’s the attitude of a winner, right? | 这才是通往成功的心态 知道吗 |
[18:31] | – Whoo! – Cannonball city, pool time. | – 喔 – 跳水之城 泳池时间 |
[18:32] | – Yeah. – Are you up for a swim? | – 耶 – 你准备好游泳了吗 |
[18:33] | – Awesome. – Yeah? | – 太棒了诶 – 是吗 |
[18:34] | – Yay. – Who’s this? | – 嗯 – 谁啊 |
[18:36] | It’s the mold dude. Maybe he’s done. | 是处理发霉的那家伙 可能他搞定了 |
[18:37] | – Good, good, good. – Maybe he’s done. | – 很好 很好 – 可能他已经给搞定了 |
[18:38] | – Please. – Hello? | – 千万要是啊 – 喂 |
[18:39] | Yeah, this is him. | 没错 我就是他 |
[18:42] | Uh-huh. Well–well, how– | 啊哈 嗯 怎么… |
[18:45] | well, how–what–hey. How much– | 怎么…什么…嘿 有多少… |
[18:47] | what’s “longer” mean? What– | 要更久是什么意思 什么… |
[18:49] | what? | 什么 |
[18:50] | No, no, no. | 别别别啊 |
[18:54] | I was thinking I’d pick the kids up | 我在想我该把孩子们从学校接出来 |
[18:56] | from school, you know, bring ’em back here. | 把他们接回家来 |
[18:58] | I better do it. They’ll know something’s up. | 我去接好一点 不然他们会预感到有事儿要发生的 |
[19:00] | Yeah, you’re probably right. Okay. | 嗯 你说得对 好吧 |
[19:02] | So, uh, I guess we’ll just meet back here. | 那我们回来再见了 |
[19:07] | Yep. | 好吧 |
[19:09] | And then…And then we just do it. | 然后…然后我们就把这事儿了了吧 |
[19:12] | We just… | 我们就… |
[19:16] | We just tell them. | 我们就告诉他们吧 |
[19:19] | Yeah, I guess so. | 嗯 我也是这样想的 |
[19:22] | It’s gonna be okay, you know. | 事情会好起来的 |
[19:23] | Uh, it’s gonna be hard, but it’s gonna be okay. | 虽然会很难过 但还是会好起来的 |
[19:27] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[19:33] | I gotta go. I’ll see you this afternoon. | 我得走了 中午再见吧 |
[19:35] | Joel. | 乔 |
[19:39] | Yeah? | 怎么了 |
[19:44] | Don’t do it. | 别这样 |
[19:45] | Don’t move out. | 别搬出去 |
[19:47] | It’s not too late to change your mind, you know. | 你现在改变想法还为时不晚 |
[19:49] | We can just– | 我们可以只… |
[19:52] | we can– | 我们可以… |
[19:54] | we can work on the marriage, and I can… | 我们可以继续经营这段婚姻 我可以… |
[19:59] | Be different or try harder. | 做出改变 或者更加努力 |
[20:03] | And just… | 就… |
[20:07] | Don’t give up on me. | 别对我放弃治疗 |
[20:08] | Come– | 别… |
[20:13] | I’m so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[20:15] | wish we weren’t at this point. | 我也不希望我们走到这一步 |
[20:21] | But we are. | 但为时已晚了 |
[20:24] | I gotta go. | 我得走了 |
[20:33] | We’ve had a chance to look over the I.E.P. | 我们还可以再检查一遍个别教育计划 |
[20:36] | How are you feeling? | 你们觉得如何 |
[20:38] | Honestly, uh, we’re not feeling so good. | 说实话 我们觉得不怎么好 |
[20:42] | Um, I would like to reopen the discussion | 我想我们能再在第五区开一次谈话 |
[20:44] | under section five and request that Kiara | 要求将琪拉雅送回 |
[20:47] | be put back in the mainstream classroom | 正常班级 让她在专业人员 |
[20:49] | with the help of a one-on-one paraprofessional aide. | 一对一的辅导下进行学习 |
[20:53] | Those aides can do tremendous work, can’t they? | 那些帮助能做出惊人的成效 对吧 |
[20:55] | – Yes. – There are two reasons | – 没错 – 我们之所以认为 |
[20:57] | why I don’t think it’s right | 在这种特殊情况下这种说法是不正确的 |
[20:58] | for this particular situation. | 有两个原因 |
[21:00] | One, we don’t like to put aides | 其一 我们不希望将援助人员 |
[21:02] | in the High School classes. | 带入高中课堂之中 |
[21:04] | In middle school, they’re fabulous, | 在初中学校 他们确实令人难以置信 |
[21:06] | but beyond that, | 但除此之外 |
[21:07] | the results are very rarely worth | 他们带来的成效不值得 |
[21:09] | the distractions. | 让我们费心思 |
[21:10] | And two, the costs are prohibitive, | 其二 其费用也是相当高的 |
[21:13] | except when the situation absolutely requires it. | 但必要情况除外 |
[21:16] | May I say something? | 能让我说两句吗 |
[21:17] | I think that Kiara is such a great student. | 我认为琪拉雅是一个非常棒的学生 |
[21:18] | She’s smart as a whip, and I think that | 她聪明绝顶 而且我认为 |
[21:20] | she’s college bound, | 她已经是个准大学生了 |
[21:21] | but in order for her to get there, | 但为了让她能上大学 |
[21:23] | she needs to be in a setting | 她需要接受一个挑战她 |
[21:24] | that challenges her academically… | 学术上的… |
[21:25] | – Mrs. Braverman, I– – And socially and– | – 布莱弗曼太太 我… – 以及社会上的还有… |
[21:26] | – yes? – We tried putting her | – 请说 – 我们去年曾经 |
[21:28] | in a mainstream classroom last year, | 尝试过让她进入普通班级学习 |
[21:29] | and her grades suffered. | 但她的成绩实在是惨不忍睹 |
[21:31] | Yes, but the workload was not the issue. | 没错 但是不是工作量的问题 |
[21:33] | It–it’s just–it’s– | 是…这是…是… |
[21:35] | the classroom was a little overwhelming. | 是因为那个班级太强势了 |
[21:37] | And so I’m thinking that if she has the aide, | 我觉得如果她能得到专业辅导 |
[21:39] | maybe she can keep up. | 或许她就能跟上班上学习的进度 |
[21:40] | I think the best thing to do | 我觉得最好的办法是 |
[21:41] | is to find a way to challenge her | 找到一种能在待在特殊教育署的时候 |
[21:43] | while keeping her in the special ed room. | 挑战到她的方法 |
[21:45] | And how would you do that? How? | 那你要怎么做到那样 怎么做 |
[21:48] | I mean, I’ve seen the special ed room, | 我曾经见过那个所谓的特殊教育署 |
[21:50] | and she does not belong there. | 但是她不应该待在那儿 |
[21:51] | I’m sorry, just–it’s frustrating. | 我很抱歉 但这样实在让人太沮丧了 |
[21:56] | What if we offer an additional check-in each day | 那如果我们提供一位特殊教育老师 |
[21:59] | with the special ed teacher, Mrs. Crumley? | 作为额外的帮助呢 克拉姆利太太 |
[22:02] | I think bringing the check-ins from two to three | 我觉得增加两到三个老师帮助 |
[22:04] | will help the child tremendously. | 会在很大程度上帮助到孩子 |
[22:09] | Ok, that sounds–that sounds like it could work. | 好吧 那听起来…听起来好像行得通 |
[22:12] | Good. All right. | 很好 就这样 |
[22:13] | Moving on to speech therapy– | 那我们再转移到演讲治疗法上… |
[22:16] | unless anyone has anything else to add? | 还有什么人有什么想补充的吗 |
[22:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:24] | We didn’t even know what we were advocating for. | 我们甚至都不知道自己到底想法是什么 |
[22:26] | Right. | 嗯 |
[22:28] | This poor girl doesn’t have any options. | 这个了可怜的姑娘根本没得选 |
[22:29] | Like, she shouldn’t be in mainstream, | 她不应该待在普通班级学习 |
[22:30] | but she shouldn’t be in special ed, | 但她也不应该去特殊教育署 |
[22:31] | so it’s like, where do we put her? | 那我们该把她安排在哪儿 |
[22:33] | Sounds like Max. | 听起来跟麦克斯情况很像 |
[22:34] | It’s exactly like Max. That’s the thing. | 就是说啊 跟麦克斯情况完全一样 |
[22:36] | I was sitting there the whole time | 我坐在那儿一直在 |
[22:39] | trying to compare the two situations, | 比较这两种情况有何不同 |
[22:40] | and I couldn’t, and I’m, like, thinking, next year, | 但我比较不出来 我在想 明年的话 |
[22:42] | where’s Max gonna be for High School? | 麦克斯又该去哪儿上高中呢 |
[22:44] | – Next year. – Next year. | – 明年啊 – 明年诶 |
[22:46] | – You know how fast that went? – High School. | – 你知道明年有多快吗 – 高中 |
[22:48] | – Like, what are we doing? – Yeah. | – 我们要干嘛啊 – 嗯 |
[22:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[22:52] | I just felt badly, ’cause I wanted to help her, | 我感觉很糟 因为我想要帮助她 |
[22:53] | and I didn’t. | 但我却无能为力 |
[22:55] | – I didn’t. – I’m sorry. | – 我无能为力 – 我很抱歉 |
[22:57] | Listen, I know you’ve been dealing with this I.E.P. Stuff, | 我知道你一直在处理特殊教育计划这件事 |
[23:00] | but can you handle a little more potentially bad news? | 但你能不能再处理下潜在的坏消息 |
[23:03] | – Are you kidding? – No. | – 你在耍我吗 – 没有 |
[23:04] | – What do you mean? – Max’s history teacher | – 你什么意思 – 麦克斯的历史老师 |
[23:06] | has been sending him to the library | 每次上课的时候都让他 |
[23:07] | every day during class. | 去图书馆待着 |
[23:09] | Wait, I’m sorry, what? | 等等 我没听懂 你说什么 |
[23:10] | I just found out from Max. | 我才从麦克斯嘴里得知 |
[23:11] | The details I got were vague, | 详细情况我不清楚 |
[23:12] | but from what I can tell, this Mr. Wyman, | 但我看得出来 这个怀曼老师 |
[23:14] | I think, just doesn’t want to deal with him. | 他是不想应付麦克斯 |
[23:16] | He has to deal with him. | 他必须得应付他 |
[23:17] | He can’t just send him to the library. | 他不能就把麦克斯 叫去图书馆 |
[23:19] | Educationally advocate that situation. | 但现行教育允许这么做 |
[23:21] | No, that is ridiculous. He can’t do that. | 不行 这太荒谬了 他不能这么做 |
[23:22] | – What is happening this year? – Advocate his ass. | – 今年这是怎么了 – 允许他个屁啊 |
[23:24] | – I’m gonna advocate his ass. – Yeah. | – 允许他娘个屁啊 -对啊 |
[23:25] | What is his name? | 他叫什么名字来着 |
[23:26] | – Mr. Wyman. – Mr. Wyman. | – 是怀曼老师 – 怀曼老师 |
[23:28] | Guess what–I want you to set a meeting with him. | 告诉你 我希望你跟他开个座谈会 |
[23:29] | – I did already. – Do it. | – 我已经跟他约好了 – 就得这么做 |
[23:30] | – We’re having a meeting. – When? | – 我们得开个会 – 什么时候 |
[23:31] | – Tomorrow. – Good. | – 明天 – 很好 |
[23:32] | We’re gonna talk to Mr. Wyman. | 我们得跟怀曼老师谈谈 |
[23:33] | – Mr. hymen. – It’s Mr. Wyman. | – 许门(处女膜)老师 -是怀曼老师 |
[23:35] | – Whatever. – Don’t– | – 管他呢 – 别… |
[23:37] | – I’m gonna break him. – Please don’t do this to me. | – 我要削死他 – 别削死我就行了 |
[23:39] | The beach, you can’t–you can’t on a budget. | 那个海滩 你不能…你就不能节省预算 |
[23:41] | You can’t go to the beach. There’s sand. | 不能去海滩上拍摄 那儿有沙子 |
[23:43] | There’s wind at the beach. | 还有海风什么的 |
[23:44] | The beach never is good for a deadline. | 去海滩就赶不上截止日期了 |
[23:45] | That’s just the way it is. | 肯定会这样的 |
[23:46] | You’ve been talking about the beach | 你这一整下午一直在说什么 |
[23:48] | and only the beach for the entire afternoon. | 海滩的事 都说了一下午了 |
[23:50] | You’re perseverating. | 你这人太执拗了 |
[23:51] | Perspers–what? | 执…什么 |
[23:53] | Perseverating. | 执拗 |
[23:54] | It means you’re talking about one subject | 就是说你一直在很长一段时间内 |
[23:56] | or one thing for an extended period of time. | 谈论同一件事或是同一个话题 |
[23:58] | While you may find it very interesting, | 你觉得这件事很有趣 |
[23:59] | other people generally find it annoying. | 而其他人却都觉得很烦人 |
[24:02] | Perseverating, huh? | 你说我执拗 是吗 |
[24:04] | – Yeah. – Yeah, well, | – 对 – 嗯 |
[24:05] | you do that too, you know. | 你其实也没好多少 |
[24:07] | I know, and then you tell me that I’m being annoying. | 我知道 然后你就会告诉我说我一直也很烦人 |
[24:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:11] | You make a good point. | 你一语中的了 |
[24:13] | I don’t understand why you keep complaining | 我不明白为什么你要一直 |
[24:14] | about the beach. | 抱怨海滩的事儿 |
[24:15] | I mean, you already quit the job. | 你都已经辞了这份工作了 |
[24:16] | Your problem is over. | 你的问题就已经结束了 |
[24:18] | I thought you didn’t want to talk about it anymore. | 我以为你不想谈这事儿了呢 |
[24:20] | You’re right. | 你说的对 |
[24:21] | Let’s talk about the union pacific railroad. | 那我们来谈谈联合太平洋铁路吧 |
[24:23] | Here’s what the stink of it is: | 这就是招人讨厌之处 |
[24:24] | I was only trying to help, okay? | 我就是想去帮忙而已 好吗 |
[24:25] | It was incorporated in 1862 | 它是在1862年由国会 |
[24:27] | by an act of congress. | 颁布法案而组建的 |
[24:28] | And now I quit, | 而我现在辞职了 |
[24:29] | and she’s gonna fall on her face. | 她会搬起石头砸自己的脚的 |
[24:30] | That’s a metaphor, by the way. | 顺便说一句 刚才是在隐喻 |
[24:32] | She’s not really gonna fall on her face. | 她不是真的要搬起石头去砸自己的脚 |
[24:33] | She’s gonna fail. Fail badly. | 她是会失败的 失败得很彻底 |
[24:35] | The act was approved by president Abraham Lincoln. | 那部法案是由亚伯拉罕·林肯批准的 |
[24:38] | And I don’t think that aunt Sarah will fail. | 我不觉得萨拉姑姑会失败 |
[24:41] | Hey, that was good. | 嘿 你做的不错诶 |
[24:43] | You–you actually stopped perseverating there. | 你…你刚刚居然克制了自己的执拗 |
[24:45] | You know it? You started talking | 你知道吗 你开始谈我的事儿了 |
[24:47] | about my thing, instead of yours. | 而不是在继续说你自己的事儿 |
[24:48] | You did good, Max. | 你做的很好 麦克斯 |
[24:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[24:51] | And I think that my aunt Sarah’s way | 而且我觉得萨拉姑姑的方法 |
[24:53] | is better than yours. | 比你的好的多 |
[24:54] | All right, | 好吧 |
[24:55] | now you’re being stupid, okay? | 你现在又开始犯傻了 知道吗 |
[24:57] | Go back to the railroad. | 还是继续说你的铁路吧 |
[24:58] | I don’t like Photoshop, | 我不喜欢PS |
[24:59] | and I don’t like being outside either, | 但我也不喜欢去户外 |
[25:00] | but when you’re outside, the photos come out better. | 但你要是去户外的话 拍出的照片效果会更好 |
[25:02] | Yeah, but there’s a risk, okay? | 没错 但是海滩那事儿却是在冒险 知道吗 |
[25:04] | There’s a risk, and we’re on a budget. | 这样做有一定的风险 而且我们现在要节省预算 |
[25:06] | Hers is a risk. Mine, sure thing. | 她的方法有风险 而我的 百分百成功 |
[25:08] | But yours isn’t a sure thing, | 可我觉得你的方法不是百分百成功的 |
[25:09] | ’cause yours isn’t happening. | 因为你根本用不上你的方法 |
[25:11] | You didn’t get the job. My aunt Sarah did. | 你没有得到这份工作 而是我萨拉姑姑得到了它 |
[25:18] | You’re a pretty smart kid, Max. | 你很聪明 麦克斯 |
[25:19] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:22] | ♪ And I | ♪ 我 |
[25:24] | ♪ will hold you tight | ♪ 会将你像月亮一样 |
[25:28] | ♪ like the moon | ♪ 紧紧抓住 |
[25:29] | daddy. Hey. | 老爸 嘿 |
[25:31] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[25:33] | Hey, guys. Come here. | 嘿 过来 |
[25:35] | Have a seat. | 坐下 |
[25:36] | – Uh, both of you, actually. – Why? | – 你们两个都过来 – 为什么 |
[25:38] | Um… | 嗯… |
[25:40] | Your dad and I want to talk to you– | 我跟你爸爸想跟你们… |
[25:42] | you both about something. | 你们俩说一些事 |
[25:44] | – That’s right. – What’s wrong? | – 没错 – 怎么了 |
[25:48] | Okay, uh, | 好吧 呃 |
[25:50] | first of all, your mom and I want you to know | 首先呢 我想让你们知道 |
[25:52] | that we both just love you guys so much. | 我们俩都很爱你们 |
[25:55] | And, you know, your mom and I, | 我跟你妈妈 |
[25:59] | uh, have been fighting a lot lately. | 最近一直在吵架 |
[26:00] | I know you’ve picked up on that. | 我知道你们已经有所了解了 |
[26:02] | And we don’t want to be those kind of parents. | 但我们不想做那种成天吵架的父母 |
[26:05] | So your mom and I were thinking– | 所以我跟你妈妈一直在想… |
[26:07] | I was thinking | 我在想 |
[26:09] | that it’d be best if I moved out | 我如果搬出去住一段时间的话 |
[26:11] | for just a little while. | 会好一点 |
[26:12] | No, no, you can’t do this. | 不不不 你不能这样做 |
[26:14] | We’re a family. You can’t go. | 我们是一家人 你不能走 |
[26:15] | – I know, sweetheart. – No, you can’t! | – 我知道 宝贝 – 不 你不许搬出去 |
[26:17] | ♪ Sons and daughters | ♪ 子女们 |
[26:19] | ♪ and all those evenings | ♪ 这些一起 |
[26:21] | ♪ down in the garden with red, red wine | ♪ 端着红酒待在花园里的日子 |
[26:26] | ♪ those quiet hours | ♪ 那些宁静的数小时 |
[26:29] | ♪ turning to years | ♪ 渐渐变为了年 |
[26:35] | ♪ it’s all to come | ♪ 所有都变成了年 |
[26:42] | Just a second. | 稍等一会儿 |
[26:49] | Turns out, uh, it’s sunny in Santa Cruz today, | 事实证明 今天圣克鲁斯的天气很好 |
[26:53] | so, I mean, what were the odds of that? | 这样的几率有多少啊 |
[26:55] | I’m not saying that’s the better way to go, | 我不是说你的方法比我的好 |
[26:58] | but… | 但是… |
[27:02] | You’re the boss. | 你才是老板 |
[27:06] | Max is a very bright student. | 麦克斯是个很有前途的学生 |
[27:07] | But his distractions make it hard for me | 但他老是分心 这样让我 |
[27:09] | to teach the other kids. | 也不能教好其他学生 |
[27:11] | And I find he does really well working independently. | 而且我也发现他完全能够自学 |
[27:13] | Working independently? Is that what you’re calling it? | 自学 你原来是这么称呼那种做法的 |
[27:15] | Mr. Braverman, I’m doing my best. | 布莱弗曼先生 我已经尽力了 |
[27:16] | But I have 29 kids in that class. | 但我班上还有29个其他学生呢 |
[27:18] | Okay, we get that you have 29 kids in your class, | 好吧 我们知道你班上还有29个学生 |
[27:20] | but what you’re not realizing | 但你没意识到 |
[27:21] | is that Max is one of them. | 麦克斯也是其中一员 |
[27:23] | I mean, this is ridiculous. | 你这样太荒谬了 |
[27:24] | I filled principal Radford in on the situation. | 我告诉了拉福德校长这个情况 |
[27:27] | He thought it’d be best if he joined us. | 他认为他也应该加入我们 |
[27:28] | Oh, good, so we can talk to you | 很好 这样我们就可以跟你谈 |
[27:30] | about how you’ve decided to let him work independently | 你是怎样让他去图书馆 |
[27:32] | – in the library. – We’ve been in these seats | – 自习的 – 我们已经这样坐下来谈话 |
[27:33] | a lot this year, haven’t we? | 已经很多年了 对吧 |
[27:34] | Yes, yes, we have. | 对 没错 |
[27:36] | – I understand your frustration. – I don’t think you do. | – 我理解你们的难处 – 我觉得你不理解 |
[27:37] | Otherwise, we wouldn’t be sitting in these seats again. | 否则我们就不会再坐在这儿谈话了 |
[27:39] | Mr. Braverman, you’re absolutely right. | 布莱弗曼先生 你说的完全没错 |
[27:41] | Mr. Wyman should’ve contacted you when the problem started. | 怀曼老师本应该在问题展露端倪的时候就通知你们的 |
[27:43] | And for that, I apologize. | 对此我也很抱歉 |
[27:45] | – Thank you. – But here’s the bottom line. | – 谢谢 – 但这已经是底线了 |
[27:47] | Max has trouble learning | 麦克斯在普通课堂环境下 |
[27:48] | in a mainstream classroom environment. | 学习有障碍 |
[27:49] | Mr. Wyman has trouble teaching when Max is there. | 而怀曼老师在麦克斯在的时候也教学有很困难 |
[27:51] | Right now, no one is winning. | 现在没有谁对谁错 |
[27:54] | I know this solution is not ideal, | 我知道这种解决办法并不完美 |
[27:55] | but for now, the best we can do | 但至于现在 我们能做的最好办法 |
[27:57] | is tell you that when Max has | 就是告诉你们当麦克斯什么时候 |
[27:59] | a tough or disruptive day, | 很难办或者是在捣乱 |
[28:00] | he’ll be sent to the library to work on his own. | 我们就会把他送去图书馆自学 |
[28:02] | I think that’s a good solution for everyone. | 我认为这是对每个人都是最好的办法 |
[28:04] | I disagree. I think that he should be | 我不同意 我认为他应该 |
[28:06] | in the classroom with his peers. | 跟他的同学一起学习 |
[28:07] | There has to be another solution. | 肯定有其他的解决办法 |
[28:08] | Can he at least be transferred to another class? | 至少让他先转到其它班去行吗 |
[28:10] | We will look into that. | 我们看看再说吧 |
[28:12] | However, at this time, I can assure you, | 但现在我能像你们保证 |
[28:14] | we are utilizing all of our resources | 我们正在使用一切我们可以使用的资源 |
[28:16] | to serve Max. | 去帮助麦克斯 |
[28:17] | So what, that’s it? | 那又怎么样 就这样了吗 |
[28:18] | That’s what you’re gonna do? That’s it? | 你们就打算这么做 就这样而已吗 |
[28:19] | That’s not what I’m saying at all. | 我不是你想的那个意思 |
[28:21] | I’m saying it’s a tough situation, | 我是说这种情况很棘手 |
[28:23] | and we are doing our best. | 而我们正在尽力而为之 |
[28:25] | Well, I think that your best is unacceptable. | 我觉得你的最好的办法不能让我接受 |
[28:28] | I really do. | 真的不能接受 |
[28:40] | You know, this, um, | 这个… |
[28:42] | Italian roast stuff is pretty good, you know? | 意大利烤肉相当好吃 你知道吗 |
[28:44] | Right, isn’t it? | 对吧 可不是吗 |
[28:46] | – Isn’t it wonderful? – Yeah. | – 很好对吧 – 嗯 |
[28:50] | Pretty strange being here without you, Millie. | 你没在这儿我真的很不习惯 米莉 |
[28:52] | Yeah, I’ll bet. | 嗯 那是当然 |
[28:55] | I mean, a big house, just me. | 这么大一个房子 就我一个人 |
[28:58] | Well, the kids came by, didn’t they? | 孩子们不是会常来看你吗 |
[28:59] | Yeah, kids came by. That was great. | 对 孩子们会过来 这样很好 |
[29:01] | That was nice. | 真挺好的 |
[29:05] | You know, I didn’t like being here without you. | 我不喜欢过没有你的日子 |
[29:10] | And now, um, | 但现在 |
[29:13] | now that you’re back, | 现在你回来了 |
[29:14] | you’re not all the way back, you know? | 但你没有完全回来 你知道吗 |
[29:18] | Not all of you is here. | 你只回来了一部分 |
[29:23] | I’m all here. | 我当然整个人都回来了 |
[29:24] | No, I don’t–I don’t mean it in a bad way. | 不 我不是说坏的方面 |
[29:27] | You went out there, and you had | 你出门去了 |
[29:29] | this wonderful adventure, this– | 你有很好的冒险经历 这… |
[29:32] | got a taste for life. | 这对人生是很好的尝试 |
[29:34] | And you’re happy. | 而你也很开心 |
[29:37] | You’re the happiest I’ve ever seen you. | 我从没见过你这么开心 |
[29:40] | Well, that’s a good thing, right? | 这是件好事儿 对吧 |
[29:42] | Yeah. Yeah, it’s a good thing. | 对 没错 这是件好事 |
[29:47] | The bad thing, sweetheart, is that, uh, | 不好的是 |
[29:50] | I can’t help but… | 我不禁会… |
[29:53] | Feel that… | 想到… |
[29:56] | I was the one that was holding you back | 我是那个阻碍你 |
[29:58] | from being happy. | 幸福的人 |
[30:02] | I just needed a little adventure. | 我只是需要一点冒险而已 |
[30:05] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[30:09] | I don’t want to lose you, Millie. | 我不想失去你 米莉 |
[30:10] | You’re not losing me. | 你没有失去我啊 |
[30:12] | See, while you were gone, I realized that, uh… | 当你走了的时候 我意识到… |
[30:17] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[30:19] | It’s hard. | 这太难了 |
[30:23] | Well, I– | 我… |
[30:26] | in our marriage, that… | 我们的婚姻之中… |
[30:29] | You’re the one that’s made most of the compromises. | 你总是妥协最多的那个人 |
[30:31] | You’re the one that’s done most of the sacrificing. | 你总是那个牺牲最多的人 |
[30:34] | You’ve been here for the family. | 你完全在为这个家着想 |
[30:36] | All the time. | 一直都是 |
[30:38] | And if selling this house is important to you, | 如果买了这座房子对你是那么重要的话 |
[30:42] | and I know it is, | 我也知道对你真的很重要 |
[30:44] | then I’m willing to do that. | 所以我也想这么做 |
[30:45] | For you. | 为了你 |
[30:49] | For us. | 为了我们 |
[30:50] | Because being in this house without you | 因为这个家要是没有你的话 |
[30:54] | is just not gonna work. | 就不能称之为家了 |
[31:07] | Okay. Okay, Jabbar’s in the shower. | 好了 好了 乔巴去洗澡了 |
[31:11] | I found a clean pair of pants in a bag | 我在包里发现了一条 |
[31:13] | that didn’t even have clothes in it. | 没有配套衣服的干净裤子 |
[31:15] | But, I mean, he’s not gonna match, | 虽然不怎么搭 |
[31:16] | but they’re at least clean. | 但至少是干净的 |
[31:17] | I didn’t think we had any left. | 我觉得我们没有必要离开 |
[31:19] | How’s that going? | 你弄得怎么样了 |
[31:20] | – Not good. – Mm. | – 不怎么好 – 嗯 |
[31:21] | This is all gonna cost us money we don’t have. | 这些开销我们给都给不起 |
[31:25] | Well, you know, it’s an estimate. | 这只是估算而已 |
[31:27] | You know, the guy said two months is an estimate. | 他们说还有两个月就是估计而已 |
[31:29] | Maybe it’ll go faster. | 或许会更快 |
[31:30] | Or maybe it’ll go slower. I mean, | 又或者会更慢 |
[31:31] | even if it took two weeks, we can’t afford this. | 就算只是两周而已 我们也负担不起 |
[31:34] | Come look. | 过来看 |
[31:35] | See for yourself. | 你自己来看 |
[31:38] | – Shh! The baby’s sleeping! – I know, I know. | – 小声点 女儿睡着了 – 我知道 我知道 |
[31:40] | Oh, no, she’s not up. | 她没有醒 |
[31:41] | Okay, I can’t live in this room anymore. | 好吧 这房子我再也待不下去了 |
[31:43] | Yeah, we can’t afford to live in this room anymore. | 没错 我们也付不起这里的费用了 |
[31:45] | That’s how much it’s gonna cost to stay here? | 我们在这儿住要用这么多钱吗 |
[31:46] | Are you kidding me? | 你耍我呢 |
[31:47] | That’s what I’m trying to say. | 我就是这个意思啊 |
[31:50] | Honey, my chest just constricted. | 亲爱的 我心脏病犯了 |
[31:52] | Like, sincerely, I have constriction in my chest. | 真心的 我心脏病犯了 |
[31:54] | Like they say. | 跟他们说的一样 |
[31:55] | Just breathe. | 深呼吸 |
[31:57] | We’re gonna get through it. It’s gonna be fine. | 我们会熬过去的 会好起来的 |
[31:58] | How can it be that much? This place is a dump! | 怎么会那么多 这个地方就是个破烂地儿啊 |
[32:01] | Yep. | 没错 |
[32:02] | How come you’re not all spun out about this? | 那你怎么没发脾气呢 |
[32:04] | Because, um, well, growing up, | 因为我已经成熟了 |
[32:05] | we went through a lot worse, so… | 更糟的我们都经历过 所以… |
[32:08] | We got through it then. We’ll get through it now. | 我们会熬过去的 会熬过去的 |
[32:10] | Together. We got this. We’ll– | 我们一起熬 我们会挺过去的 我们会… |
[32:12] | why do you have zero | 那你的房租预算 |
[32:14] | for the house rental budget? | 怎么会是零 |
[32:15] | We’re–if we’re leaving here, | 我们…要是我们要离开这儿的话 |
[32:16] | how are we gonna rent a house for zero? | 我们怎么会一分钱不花就租到这房子 |
[32:18] | I doubt your parents will charge us rent money. | 我觉得你的父母会帮我们付清的 |
[32:21] | My parents? What– | 我父母 什么… |
[32:23] | yeah. You need to call them. | 没错 你得打电话给他们了 |
[32:27] | – Uh– – Yeah, well– | – 呃… – 嗯 那个… |
[32:29] | – I’m not– – That’s what we need to do. | – 我不… – 我们就得这么做 |
[32:36] | – Okay, I’m gonna call ’em. – Mmhmm. | – 好吧 我去打给他们 – 嗯哼 |
[32:37] | But honestly, when you said that now, | 但说实话 当你说这个的时候 |
[32:39] | my arm just got numb on the left side. | 我左手都麻了 |
[32:40] | – Aw, let me massage it for you. – Like, it’s for real. | – 我来给你按摩一下 – 我是说真的 |
[32:41] | Cardiac arrest. I know you think this is funny, | 我知道你觉得心搏停止很搞笑 |
[32:43] | but that’s one of the signs, is your thing goes numb. | 但这玩意儿的征兆之一就是身体某部位麻木 |
[32:45] | – Is it? – Yeah, your right or left. | – 是吗 – 对 不是左手就是右手 |
[32:46] | – It’s gonna be okay. – I’m not sure which one. | – 会好起来的 – 你是说哪一个 |
[32:48] | I’ll just make sure that you’re all warmed up. | 我会让你身子暖和起来的 |
[32:49] | As long as my phone dialing hand’s good, | 只要我打电话那只手还是好的 |
[32:51] | – you’re fine. – Exactly, exactly. | – 你就没事儿了 – 没错 没错 |
[32:58] | Okay. That’s the last of it. | 好了 这是最后一次了 |
[33:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:03] | Um, I was gonna come by in the morning | 我明天早上再过来 |
[33:05] | and take the kids to school. | 接孩子们去学校 |
[33:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:10] | So I guess that’s everything. | 就这样了吧 |
[33:14] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出门 |
[33:15] | Oh, you don’t– | 你不用… |
[33:16] | you don’t have to– | 你不必来… |
[33:24] | When I, uh, | 当我… |
[33:26] | when I pick the kids up tomorrow, | 当我明天来接孩子的时候 |
[33:28] | um, should I use the key, | 我用钥匙开门 |
[33:30] | or would it be better for you if I knocked? | 还是敲门让你来开好一点 |
[33:35] | Just come in. | 到了进来就行了 |
[33:39] | Yeah, okay. | 嗯 好吧 |
[33:44] | Well– | 那… |
[33:48] | ♪ all my tears have been used up | ♪ 我的泪已经哭干 |
[33:52] | ♪ on another love, another love | ♪ 是为了另一份爱 另一份爱 |
[33:56] | ♪ all my tears have been used up | ♪ 我的眼泪已经哭干 |
[34:34] | ♪ remember when we were young | ♪ 记得当我们年轻的时候 |
[34:37] | ♪ we felt like the luckiest ones | ♪ 我们觉得我们是最幸运的一对 |
[34:40] | ♪ nothing to worry ’bout | ♪ 无需担心什么 |
[34:44] | ♪ the whole world was a hand-me-down | ♪ 整个世界都是别人用过的 |
[34:48] | ♪ turn it up, turn it up | ♪ 快打开 快打开 |
[34:51] | ♪ turn up your radio loud | ♪ 打开你的收音机 调至最大声 |
[34:54] | ♪ don’t forget where you come from | ♪ 不要忘记你是来自哪里 |
[34:57] | ♪ it’s too soon to be proud | ♪ 现在骄傲为时过早 |
[35:00] | ♪ remember when | ♪ 记得当我们 |
[35:02] | ♪ we were young | ♪ 年轻的时候 |
[35:14] | I think we got it. | 我觉得我们成功了 |
[35:16] | No, just one more. | 不 再多拍一张 |
[35:24] | Going… | 马上… |
[35:26] | Going… | 马上… |
[35:31] | Gone. | 好了 |
[35:33] | Gimme that. | 给我吧 |
[35:37] | So? | 觉得如何 |
[35:39] | So what? | 什么如何 |
[35:41] | It was a good idea, huh? | 这个主意不错 对吧 |
[35:45] | It was a way to go. | 这法子还算行得通 |
[35:46] | Come on. Look at this. | 别这样 你看看风景 |
[35:49] | This is amazing. | 多好啊 |
[35:50] | That was an amazing day. | 今天真是太棒了 |
[35:52] | I want to do that every day. | 我每天都想这样做 |
[35:55] | Yeah, well, we did it. | 嗯 我们做到了 |
[35:58] | How ’bout a drink now? That’s what I want. | 去喝一杯如何 我想去喝一杯 |
[36:00] | – Uh– – I mean to celebrate, | – 呃… – 去庆祝一下 |
[36:03] | – that’s all. – Oh, to celebrate? | – 仅此而已 – 庆祝吗 |
[36:04] | – Yeah. – Oh, no, then I can’t. | – 对 – 那我不能去 |
[36:06] | You got somewhere to go? | 你还要去什么地方吗 |
[36:07] | Well, I can’t celebrate something that, uh, | 我不能庆祝那种事儿 |
[36:10] | you didn’t say was a thing to celebrate. | 你没说过这事要庆祝啊 |
[36:13] | If you don’t think it was a good idea, | 如果你不认为这是个好主意 |
[36:15] | then I can’t celebrate… | 那我就不能去… |
[36:17] | – All right. – With you. | – 好吧 – 和你一起庆祝 |
[36:18] | Look, you had a–it worked out. | 你有个…反正成功了 |
[36:22] | – Oh, God, say it. – It worked out. | – 天呐 你就说出来啊 – 挺管用的 |
[36:23] | I did good. | 我做得不错 |
[36:25] | – You did all right. – Thank you. | – 你做得还不错 – 谢谢 |
[36:26] | – That one by the taco truck? – Right? | – 在那个墨西哥玉米卷卡车边拍的不错 – 是吗 |
[36:28] | That kind of impressed me a little bit. | 那个挺让我喜欢的 |
[36:29] | – Thank you very much… – Yeah. | – 很感谢你… – 嗯 |
[36:31] | For saying so. Appreciate it. | 能这么说 真的很感激 |
[36:33] | All right, can we drink now? | 好吧 我们现在能喝了吗 |
[36:34] | I actually can’t. | 我还是不能 |
[36:36] | – Oh, that’s–that is cold. – No. | – 你…你要无情了 – 不 |
[36:39] | You making me lie like that. | 你让我向你说谎话 |
[36:40] | I’m just kidding. I’m kidding. | 开玩笑啦 开玩笑 |
[36:41] | I mean, I have a–I have a dinner later, | 我待会儿…我待会儿还有个饭局 |
[36:43] | but I’ll have a drink now, yeah. | 但我现在就跟你喝 |
[36:44] | They got a little Mexican thing up the road. | 他们有墨西哥风情在路边 |
[36:46] | Ooh, good. | 唔 不错 |
[36:48] | It’s, uh, it’s a dive-y place. | 那是…潜水的地方 |
[36:49] | That sounds good. | 听起来不错 |
[36:50] | You’re buying. You know that, right? | 得你请客 知道吧 |
[36:52] | What’s that? What do you mean? | 什么意思 你什么意思 |
[36:53] | You’re the boss. The boss buys. | 你是老板嘛 老板买单 |
[36:55] | That’s, like, California code. | 这是加州的规矩 |
[36:58] | Okay. | 好了 |
[37:03] | Stayed up there until Nora started | 在诺拉睡熟之前 |
[37:05] | her sweet little snore. | 得熬夜了 |
[37:06] | Oh. | 哦 |
[37:08] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[37:09] | Uh, principal Radford called. | 拉福德校长打电话过来了 |
[37:10] | – Yeah? – They’re gonna move–yeah. | – 是吗 – 他们准备转移…没错 |
[37:12] | They’re gonna move Max to a different history class. | 他们想把麦克斯转到别的历史班上去 |
[37:15] | – Which is good. – That’s good. | – 这样挺不错的 – 挺好的 |
[37:16] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[37:17] | I guess. | 我猜也是 |
[37:19] | Doesn’t really feel like a victory, though, does it? | 总感觉不像是我们赢了 对吧 |
[37:21] | – No. – It’s sort of– | – 不 – 这有点儿… |
[37:22] | feels like a band-aid placed over a– | 感觉像贴了个创可贴在… |
[37:24] | what do you call when your artery | 你动脉血管喷血的时候 |
[37:25] | is just spurting blood, and you– | 你打什么电话 你… |
[37:27] | – High School. – Right. | – 高中的电话 – 没错 |
[37:29] | No, I’m serious, honey. High School. | 不 我是说真的 高中 |
[37:31] | I’m worried. I really am. | 我很担心麦克斯读高中的事 真的 |
[37:32] | – I’m worried too. – As far as I’m concerned, | – 我也很担心 – 我担心的是 |
[37:34] | he’s not going to the public High School here. | 他不会在这儿上高中 |
[37:36] | He can’t. | 他不能 |
[37:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:39] | You know? | 你知道吗 |
[37:40] | Well, we’ll fight the district | 我们要反抗这个地区 |
[37:42] | and see if we can get him placed somewhere else. | 看看我们能不能把他安置在别的地方 |
[37:44] | – Where? – I don’t know. | – 安置在哪儿 – 我不知道 |
[37:45] | This is a list of schools in the bay area | 这是我们海湾地区所有 |
[37:46] | for kids with special needs. | 为特殊孩子开设的学校清单 |
[37:47] | He doesn’t fit in anywhere. | 他哪里都不适合 |
[37:49] | There’s nowhere to put him. | 我们没有地方安置他 |
[37:50] | So you’re saying no public school? | 你是说没有什么公立学校吗 |
[37:51] | No. | 没有 |
[37:53] | Well, what about gateway? | 那通路高中如何 |
[37:54] | Noel Lessing’s done great there. | 诺埃尔·莱辛在那儿就做的不错 |
[37:55] | Gateway is great for kids like Noel Lessing. | 通路高中很适合诺埃尔·莱辛那种孩子 |
[37:58] | He has severe autism. | 他有严重的自闭症 |
[37:59] | – Well, I– – You know? | – 我… – 你知道吗 |
[38:00] | Well, what about Providence? | 那卓识高中如何 |
[38:02] | Max’s test scores are way too high. | 麦克斯的考试成绩高太多了 |
[38:03] | Way too high. | 高太多了 |
[38:06] | Since when are high test scores problematic? | 什么时候我们有了高分这项麻烦了 |
[38:07] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:09] | I’m very frustrated, you know. | 我太沮丧了 |
[38:10] | I hate to see Max get shuffled around | 我不希望麦克斯像这样 |
[38:11] | all the time like this. | 四处漂泊 |
[38:13] | Where do you put a kid who doesn’t belong anywhere? | 像他这样的孩子该安置在哪儿啊 |
[38:14] | I don’t know. It’s the system. | 我不知道 教育制度就是这样 |
[38:16] | I mean, we’re stuck with the system. | 我们还是受现行教育制度的约束的 |
[38:18] | As far as I’m concerned, the only way | 我所担心的是 |
[38:19] | to get a school for him is if we start one ourselves. | 让他上高中的唯一办法就是我们自己开办一所高中 |
[38:30] | – What are you doing? – Nothing. | – 你在干嘛 – 没干嘛 |
[38:31] | – I’m not doing anything. – Kristina, what are you doing? | – 我什么也没做 – 克里斯蒂娜 你到底在干嘛 |
[38:33] | I’m not doing anything. | 我什么也没干 |
[38:35] | I just–just hold on for a second. | 我只是…再等一会儿 |
[38:37] | I mean, I’m just gonna check something out. | 我在看点儿东西 |
[38:41] | – “How to start a school”? – Nothing. | – “如何开办学校” – 没什么 |
[38:42] | I’m not doing that. | 我没搜那个 |
[38:44] | You. That’s crazy. | 你 简直是疯了 |
[38:45] | It’s so insane. | 太疯狂了 |
[38:46] | It’s insane…But it isn’t, is it? | 太疯狂…但其实一点也不 对吧 |
[38:49] | I think that this looks like a lot | 我觉得这看起来 |
[38:51] | of bureaucratic red tape and a whole lot of work. | 好像有好多繁文缛节还有一大堆工作要做 |
[38:53] | I know, but how hard can it be? | 我知道 但又能有多难呢 |
[38:55] | I mean, think about it. | 你想想啊 |
[38:56] | You started a studio, | 你开了工作室 |
[38:59] | a recording studio, right? | 一个录音工作室 对吧 |
[39:00] | – Yes, that was not easy. – Yeah. | – 没错 但一点儿都不容易 – 嗯 |
[39:02] | – And you ran for mayor… – I did. | – 而你又参选了市长… – 没错 |
[39:03] | Which was also not easy. | 哪一个不是相当不容易的 |
[39:04] | Not easy, but, I mean– | 都不容易 但… |
[39:05] | and, I guess, what do we need? | 那我们需要什么 |
[39:06] | Just a building and some teachers. | 就一栋房子跟一些老师 |
[39:07] | And maybe a hot lunch program. | 或许还有午餐计划 |
[39:08] | How hard can that be? | 能有多难呢 |
[39:12] | – If anybody can do this… – Okay, this is crazy. | – 如果别人能做得到… – 好吧 这太疯狂了 |
[39:13] | – This is crazy. – You can do it. | – 这很疯狂 – 你做得到的 |
[39:14] | I can. We can. | 我能行 我们能行 |
[39:15] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[39:16] | – Thanks for letting us do this. – Hey. | – 很感谢你们能收留我们 – 嘿 |
[39:18] | Oh, you’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[39:19] | The mold thing’s not contagious, is it? | 发霉不会传染的 对吧 |
[39:21] | – Hey, Jabbar. – We may have some on our shoes. | – 嘿 乔巴 – 我们没准儿鞋上就沾着呢 |
[39:23] | We’ll leave them at the door, | 我们会把它们放外边儿的 |
[39:24] | if that makes you feel more comfortable. | 这样肯能会让你们好受点 |
[39:26] | – Hi. – Is she sleeping? | – 嗨 – 她睡着了吗 |
[39:27] | – Yeah. – I promise | – 对啊 – 我答应你 |
[39:29] | we’ll stay out of your hair. | 我们不会妨碍你们的 |
[39:31] | – No problem, I mean– – No, no, it’s– | – 没问题 我是说… – 不不不 这… |
[39:33] | it’s a big house. Someone’s gotta fill it, you know. | 这房子挺大的 正需要人填满呢 |
[39:35] | Dad said I get | 我爸说我能 |
[39:36] | whatever room I want. | 随便挑房间 |
[39:37] | – Oh, yeah? – What? | – 是吗 – 什么 |
[39:39] | I don’t– | 我不… |
[39:40] | well, mom said you’ll ask your grandparents politely | 妈妈说的你应该礼貌地向爷爷问一下 |
[39:43] | where they’d like us. We can take the guesthouse | 他们愿意给我们哪间房 我们可以住客房 |
[39:44] | if that’s easier for you guys. | 这样你们会方便点儿 |
[39:46] | We’re happy to do that. There are four of us. | 我们很乐意那么做的 那儿有四个房间给我们住呢 |
[39:47] | One of us is teething, though. I will mention that. | 有一个是我出牙的房间 我会跟你们说是那个的 |
[39:49] | No, it’s–be just great to have kids in the house again. | 不 有孩子重新回到这座房子真的很好 |
[39:52] | – Yep. – Right? | – 嗯 – 对吧 |
[39:53] | – Yeah. – Then I get dad’s old room! | – 对 – 那我要老爸的旧房间 |
[39:54] | – Okay! – Look at that. | – 好吧 – 你看他啊 |
[39:56] | – Huh? – He claimed it. | – 哈 – 他要求的 |
[39:57] | I would’ve taken the master suite, Jabbar. | 我要那件主人装 乔巴 |
[40:00] | That was on the table, right? | 在桌子边是吧 |
[40:02] | ♪ The weeks lead up to leaving | ♪ 这一周导致了离别 |
[40:04] | ♪ summer’s gonna get crushed | ♪ 夏天会支离破碎 |
[40:08] | ♪ come clean when the lines get blurry | ♪ 当界线变得模糊会变得纯洁 |
[40:15] | ♪ come clean when the down | ♪ 当汗毛变脏的时候 |
[40:18] | ♪ gets dirty | ♪ 会变纯洁 |
[40:21] | ♪ holding your breath | ♪ 屏住你的呼吸 |
[40:23] | – mommy… – Hi. | – 妈妈 – 嗨 |
[40:24] | I don’t feel good. | 我不舒服 |
[40:26] | I have a tummy ache. | 我肚子疼 |
[40:27] | – Oh, sweetie– – I don’t feel too good either. | – 宝贝 – 我也不舒服 |
[40:29] | I think we better call dad. | 我们最好叫爸爸回来 |
[40:33] | I will tuck you both back in, | 我带你们俩回去 |
[40:34] | and I’ll read you another bedtime story. | 我给你们读睡前故事 |
[40:36] | I bet that’ll help. | 肯定会管用的 |
[40:37] | I don’t feel good. | 我不舒服 |
[40:41] | Get your coats. | 去穿好衣服 |
[40:43] | – Okay? – Where are we going? | – 好吗 – 我们要去哪儿 |
[40:44] | This is gonna be great. | 这一切会很好的 |
[40:46] | I promise. | 我向你们保证 |
[40:47] | Now, where was I? Was I in the red? | 我现在是在哪儿 是在床上吗 |
[40:49] | – Yeah, you were on the red. – Okay. | – 没错 你是在床上 – 好吧 |
[40:51] | – Whose turn is it? – Her turn. | – 该谁了 – 该她了 |
[40:54] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[40:56] | Hey, sweetheart. Look who’s here. | 嘿 宝贝 看看谁来了 |
[40:57] | Hey. I should have called maybe, but… | 嘿 我该打个电话过来的 但… |
[41:00] | Hi, sweetheart. Hi, sweetie pie. | 嗨 宝贝 嗨 小甜心 |
[41:03] | Uh, Jabbar, let’s show your cousins your new room. | 乔巴 快带你表哥表姐去看你的新房间 |
[41:05] | – Yeah. That’s a good idea. – I’ll take the baby upstairs. | – 嗯 这个主意不错 – 我带孩子上楼去 |
[41:06] | Come on, guys, let’s go. | 走吧 各位 |
[41:08] | – ‘Sup? – Hey. | – 你还好吗 – 嗨 |
[41:14] | What’s going on? | 出什么事儿了 |
[41:15] | Oh, I just– | 我… |
[41:17] | I had to get out of the house. | 我得出来转转 |
[41:19] | Why? What’s up? | 为什么 怎么了 |
[41:24] | Um… | 嗯… |
[41:28] | There’s so much that I haven’t told you guys. | 我有很多事儿没跟你们说 |
[41:29] | Um– | 嗯… |
[41:31] | sweetie, what is it? | 宝贝 怎么了 |
[41:36] | My marriage might be over. | 我的婚姻可能要走到尽头了 |
[41:39] | That’s– | 那… |
[41:42] | oh, sweetheart. | 宝贝 |
[41:45] | Just wanted to come home, | 我就想回家 |
[41:47] | you know? | 你知道吗 |
[41:48] | Sweetie. | 宝贝 |
[41:49] | ♪ At some point we all have to | ♪ 某些时候我们必须要 |
[41:53] | ♪ come clean | ♪ 变得纯洁 |