时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | The house is on the market? When were you gonna tell me this? | 你们把房子拿去出售了 你们打算什么时候才告诉我这件事 |
[00:02] | And we don’t have to run anything by you or anyone else. | 我们不需要别人来对我们做的决定指手画脚 |
[00:04] | Where do you put a kid who doesn’t belong anywhere? | 该把一个不属于任何地方的孩子安置在哪儿 |
[00:06] | As far as I’m concerned, the only way | 我所能想到的唯一让他有学可上的方法 |
[00:07] | to get a school for him is if we start one ourselves. | 就是兴办一所属于我们自己的学校 |
[00:10] | You want this free spirit thing, and I just need rules. | 你想要自由精神 而我却需要规则来约束 |
[00:14] | Maybe we should be just friends. | 我们也许还是只做朋友的好 |
[00:15] | I don’t understand why you would leave me. | 我不明白你为什么要离开我 |
[00:18] | I wanna go home! It’s not fair. | 我想回家 这不公平 |
[00:20] | It’s so quiet in here. | 家里太安静了 |
[00:21] | It just–it feels empty, it sounds empty. | 一切都…感觉空空荡荡的 |
[00:24] | So it’s kinda turning into something? | 所以说你们是要确立关系咯 |
[00:25] | – With Carl? No. – I may be falling for you. | – 跟卡尔吗 不是 – 我好像爱上你了 |
[00:42] | I’m going to Africa. | 我要去非洲了 |
[00:46] | A simple “I got to go” would do. | 就简单说一句“我得去”不就得了 |
[00:48] | No. No, I’ve got to go… | 不不不 我必须得去… |
[00:51] | For work, because I’m here for a week. | 工作 因为我已经在这里待了一周了 |
[00:55] | I don’t really wanna go without you. | 可我没有你陪着真的不想去 |
[00:58] | That’ll be sad. | 那样太伤心了 |
[01:00] | Come with me. | 跟我一起去吧 |
[01:06] | What? | 什么 |
[01:10] | Come with me. Come with me to Africa. | 跟我一起去吧 跟我一起去非洲 |
[01:17] | – Really? – Really. | – 你是说真的 – 真的 |
[01:19] | Really, really. Yeah. | 真的是真的 没骗你 |
[01:21] | I can’t go. I have work. | 我不能去 我还有工作呢 |
[01:22] | – You can. – I have a deadline. | – 你可以去的 – 我还有截止日期 |
[01:24] | I have a surfsport important deadline. | 我还有个冲浪照片的重要截止日期 |
[01:26] | Oh, stop it with the surfsport deadline. | 别再管什么照片截止日期了 |
[01:29] | Get–people get extensions for those things, right? | 大家观念早就不一样了 对吧 |
[01:31] | I mean, does anybody really make deadlines anymore? | 还有人真会弄个截止日期出来吗 |
[01:34] | It’s so ’70s. | 这样岂不太老套了 |
[01:39] | Come with me. You will feel so inspired there. | 跟我一起去吧 你在那儿会灵感四溢的 |
[01:42] | You’ll photograph things you never dreamed of. | 你可以拍任何你想都没想过的东西 |
[01:52] | – Okay. – Okay? | – 行 – 真的吗 |
[01:54] | Yeah. | 真的 |
[01:56] | Okay. | 我要去 |
[01:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:06] | Yeah, you’re gonna want to tear down the shed, of course. | 嗯 你得把那个车棚给拆掉 |
[02:09] | It’s not a shed. It’s a barn. | 这不是车棚 这是谷仓 |
[02:10] | Oh, it makes the house look old. | 这让这栋房子很显旧 |
[02:13] | Look, little changes like these– | 听我说 像这样的小改动 |
[02:14] | house is gonna fly off the market. | 会让房子在市场上的价格飞涨的 |
[02:16] | I think she knows what she’s talking about. | 我觉得她这样说肯定有她自己的道理 |
[02:18] | I need you– what are you doing? | 我想让你…你在干嘛呢 |
[02:19] | I hate this Karen lady. | 我讨厌这位凯伦女士 |
[02:20] | Her Bluetooth and that clipboard. | 讨厌她的蓝牙耳机跟那块笔记板 |
[02:23] | Felt boots. I mean, she’s the worst. | 还有那双毛靴 她是天底下最坏的人 |
[02:25] | Oh, God, come on. Stay out of it, come on. | 天呐 过来 你就别管这事儿了 快点 |
[02:26] | Look at her, “you gotta do this and this and other things.” | 你看看那副样子“你得这样做 这样做 还得那样做” |
[02:29] | Okay, you are definitely gonna want | 好了 你们绝对得 |
[02:30] | to refinish these floors. | 把地板重新修光一下 |
[02:32] | If it is the one thing that you do, | 你们要是这样做了的话 |
[02:33] | the list price will go up by 10%. | 房价又得上涨10% |
[02:35] | People love floors. | 人人都爱地板 |
[02:37] | – Hey, guys. – Hi. | – 你好 各位 – 你好 |
[02:38] | – Oh, hey, kare. – Hi. | – 哦 嘿 凯尔 – 嗨 |
[02:39] | – Hey. – Don’t mind us. | – 嘿 – 不用管我们 |
[02:40] | We’re just going through our punch list. | 我们就弄一下项目清单而已 |
[02:42] | We are gonna get your parents’ house ready to sell. | 我们得让你父母的房子准备好出售 |
[02:44] | I could redo the floors, you know? | 我自己就可以把地板重新翻一下 你知道吗 |
[02:46] | No, you couldn’t–I think they need to be done professionally. | 不 你不能 我觉得我们最好还是找专业人员来弄 |
[02:49] | You definitely have to do them professionally. | 你们当然得找专业人员来弄 |
[02:50] | Guys, come on. Let’s go upstairs. | 各位 走 我们上楼去看看 |
[02:52] | We’re gonna declutter these bedrooms. | 我们得去把卧室清理一下 |
[02:55] | Did you just hear that? | 你听见她说的了吗 |
[02:56] | “We’re gonna declutter these bedrooms”? | “我们得去把卧室清理一下” |
[02:59] | Oh, I’m sure that the crib is cluttering up the bedroom. | 我相信是婴儿床把房间给弄乱了 |
[03:01] | Maybe we should get rid of that. Maybe even the kids. | 也许我们该把那床给扔掉 也许连孩子都也该一块扔掉 |
[03:03] | – Those are real clutter. – You really need to drop this. | – 那些房间确实很乱 – 真得把他们给扔了 |
[03:04] | You sound really crazy right now. | 你现在说的真的有点荒唐 |
[03:06] | Did you see my father? | 你看见我爸了吗 |
[03:07] | Did you see the look on his face? They’re running over him. | 你看见我爸刚才的表情了吗 他们是在折磨他 |
[03:08] | We’re guests in their house. | 我们只是他们家的客人而已 |
[03:10] | He’s like a bobblehead, “yeah, yeah, whatever you say.” | 他就像个笨蛋一样只会说“对 对 对 你怎么说就怎么做” |
[03:12] | That’s not even my dad | 那个肯定不是我老爸 |
[03:13] | that was walking behind those two crazy women. | 只是跟在两个疯女人屁股后面的行尸而已 |
[03:14] | Look, if you butt in, you’re gonna make things | 听着 你要是掺和这事儿的话 你会把事情 |
[03:17] | more awkward than it already is, all right? | 弄得比现在还尴尬 知道吗 |
[03:18] | I’m sleep-deprived, I’m breast-feeding, | 我睡眠不足 我还要母乳喂养 |
[03:20] | and I’m living with my in-laws, | 我还得跟我姻亲住在一起 |
[03:21] | so please, just stay out of it, okay? | 所以请置身事外 行吗 |
[03:25] | – Fine. – Thank you. | – 好吧 – 感激不尽 |
[03:29] | “Punch list.” | “项目清单” |
[03:38] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[03:40] | – Happy green week. – Happy green week. | – 绿色周快乐 – 绿色周快乐 |
[03:42] | – Our garden sucks. – Yup. | – 我们的花园太烂了 – 是啊 |
[03:45] | – So I, uh– – Hey. | – 那个 我… -嘿 |
[03:49] | Listen, I, uh–I heard that Joel moved out. | 我…我听说乔搬走了 |
[03:52] | – I just wanted you to know– – Oh, no, no, no, no. | – 我只想让你知道… – 哦 别 别 别 |
[03:54] | I’m not talking about that with you. | 我不想跟你谈这件事 |
[03:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[03:57] | I just wanted you to know that I’ve been there and– | 我只想让你知道我一直都在 |
[03:59] | listen, ed, it’s green week. | 艾德 现在是绿色周 |
[04:02] | We’re gonna be together. | 我们要在一起工作 |
[04:03] | We’re gonna talk about vegetables and recycling | 我们要讨论蔬菜跟回收利用的事 |
[04:05] | and our crappy garden, | 还有我们这个怪异的花园 |
[04:07] | and I’m not gonna talk about my personal stuff with you. | 而且我是不会跟你谈我的私事儿的 |
[04:10] | I can’t be actual friends with you. | 我不可能再继续跟你做朋友的 |
[04:17] | Got it. | 明白 |
[04:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[04:22] | I just dropped 200 bucks on vegetable plants | 我刚花了200块在花园中间的 |
[04:25] | at the garden center, so… | 蔬菜作物上 所以… |
[04:27] | Are you seriously gonna try to fake | 你不是真要伪装成 |
[04:28] | they just magically grew overnight? | 这些是一夜突然长成的吧 |
[04:30] | Yup. | 没错 |
[04:32] | Got a better idea? | 你有更好的点子吗 |
[04:35] | – Let’s make it happen. – All right. | – 那我们就照这样做吧 – 好吧 |
[04:36] | Let’s just get this done. | 把这个弄完吧 |
[04:39] | God, this is a disaster. | 天呐 这简直是场灾难 |
[04:44] | Hey, boys. Hi. | 嘿 同志们 嗨 |
[04:46] | – How’s it going? – Amber. | – 最近还好吗 – 安博 |
[04:48] | – What are you doing here? – What’s up, little drew? | – 你来这儿干嘛 – 怎么了 小德鲁 |
[04:49] | Little drew? | 小德鲁 |
[04:50] | – He doesn’t know names. – I’m older than– | – 他不知道你的名字 – 我比他大 |
[04:52] | – what’s going on? – Nothing. | – 怎么了 – 没事儿 |
[04:53] | You haven’t been texting me back. | 你都没回我短信 |
[04:54] | – Brought your favorite chocolate. – God. Thank you. | – 给你带了你最喜欢的巧克力 – 天呐 谢谢 |
[04:56] | – How you doing? – Sorry, I’ve been busy– | – 你还好吧 – 抱歉 我一直在忙… |
[04:58] | busy eating in bed, this spicy treat? | 忙着在床上吃东西吗 吃这些辛辣食物吗 |
[05:00] | Sorr-been–okay. | 抱…一直在…好吧 |
[05:02] | or is it busy listening to Neo-wave emotional rap? | 还是说忙着在听新现代抒情说唱呢 |
[05:05] | – Please. – Is that what we’re– | – 别说了 – 是我们… |
[05:06] | – Amber. – I thought so. | – 安博 – 我想是了 |
[05:07] | – Not today. – Look, I know it’s upsetting. | – 今天不行 – 我知道这很让人心烦意乱 |
[05:10] | I mean, we got dumped. It’s bad. | 我们都被甩了 这很糟糕 |
[05:11] | – I didn’t get dumped. – Fair enough. | – 我没被甩啦 – 有道理 |
[05:13] | Listen, we have to move on. We got to mix it up. | 听着 我们得动起来 我们得找点乐子开心起来 |
[05:16] | – I am. – You– | – 我很开心啊 – 你 |
[05:17] | you’re vibrant. You’re, you know, excitable. What’s happening? | 你平时不是精力蛮充沛的 蛮容易兴奋的吗 今天是怎么了 |
[05:19] | – He’s the wrong person to ask. – Is there an event? | – 你问他可就问错人了 – 你有安排没有 |
[05:21] | Like, a dance coming up or something that we could– | 有没有什么舞会什么的我们可以… |
[05:23] | there’s a party at psi Alpha zeta | 兄弟会那儿有个派对 |
[05:25] | Thursday night. | 就在星期四晚上 |
[05:26] | There’s gonna be a watermelon ice luge, | 到时候会有西瓜冰上雪橇赛 |
[05:27] | some bikini mud wrestling. | 有比基尼美女 还有摔跤比赛 |
[05:29] | Excellent. | 好极了 |
[05:30] | Should we go to dinner at, like, 5:30 | 我们要不要5点半去吃个晚餐 |
[05:31] | and then, like, walk over together or something? | 然后一起过去参加派对之类的 |
[05:33] | Again, 5:30. | 又是5点半 |
[05:34] | – The party starts at 10:30. – Yes. | – 派对是在10点半开始 – 对 |
[05:38] | – It starts at 10:30. – Exactly. | – 10点半开始 – 没错 |
[05:40] | That’s–it’s very late. All right. | 那…那很晚了 好吧 |
[05:41] | So we take a nap, and then we do this thing right. | 那我们就先小睡一会儿 然后再按计划行事 |
[05:44] | Thursday, 10:30. See you there. | 星期四晚上10点半 不见不散 |
[05:47] | Put on real pants. | 裤子穿上啊 |
[05:48] | See you guys later. | 那就再见咯 |
[05:52] | Dude, your sister’s kind of hot. | 老兄 你姐挺辣的嘛 |
[05:58] | No, she’s not, Berto. | 不 她一点都不 贝尔托 |
[06:01] | Thanks for holding. | 谢谢你没挂电话 |
[06:07] | Okay. Just call me back. | 好吧 等我给你打回去 |
[06:11] | Okay, you too. | 好吧 你也是 |
[06:12] | Doing all right? | 还好吧 |
[06:14] | – Hmm? – You okay? | – 嗯 – 你还好吗 |
[06:16] | – You feel nervous? – No. | – 你紧张吗 – 不 |
[06:19] | – You’re gonna be fine. – I know I’m gonna be fine. | – 你不会有事的 – 我知道我不会有事的 |
[06:21] | Just– | 只是… |
[06:23] | feel like we’ve been waiting for a while. | 感觉我们好像等了好久了 |
[06:24] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[06:28] | The school calling. | 学校打来的 |
[06:30] | Want me to take that? | 要我帮你接吗 |
[06:31] | No. I will. | 不用了 我自己接吧 |
[06:35] | – Okay. – Thank you. | – 好吧 – 谢了 |
[06:37] | Hello. Hey, hey, Deb, yeah. | 喂 你好 你好 黛儿 是的 |
[06:40] | Thank you so much for calling me back. | 很感谢你能回我电话 |
[06:42] | I was just–I was hoping to talk to principal Radford. | 我就是想…我希望跟雷福德校长谈谈 |
[06:46] | Yeah, this is– | 是 这… |
[06:48] | well, it is an urgent matter. It’s concerning my son Max. | 是件要紧事儿 是关于我儿子麦克斯的 |
[06:51] | And Mr. knight took away his chair in class, | 奈特老师把他的椅子从班上拿走了 |
[06:55] | and this whole thing is just–it’s so ridiculous to me, | 这件事实在是…这实在是太荒谬了 |
[06:58] | because this just happened in history. | 因为发生在历史课上的事 |
[07:00] | Like, he’s being sent to the library | 他在历史课期间 |
[07:02] | for the duration of history class, | 被老师叫去图书馆 |
[07:03] | and I’m just not understanding it. | 我真不明白他为什么要这样做 |
[07:07] | – Kristina Braverman? – It’s frustrating. | – 克里斯蒂娜·布莱福曼 – 这太令人失望了 |
[07:09] | Well, I know that you’re a parent. | 我知道你也身为人父 |
[07:11] | Kristina. | 克里斯蒂娜 |
[07:12] | I feel like you’re giving up on my kid. | 我觉得你想要放弃我的孩子 |
[07:14] | – Kristina. – It’s– | – 克里斯蒂娜 – 这… |
[07:19] | um, I’m gonna call you back. | 我待会儿再打给你 |
[07:23] | – Hey. – We’re ready for you. | – 嘿 – 我们已经为你准备好了 |
[07:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:31] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[07:33] | – Good to see you. – Good to see you. | – 很高兴见到你 – 我也很高兴见到你 |
[08:26] | All right, we through here, Kristina. | 好了 我们已经完成了 克里斯蒂娜 |
[08:29] | Great. Thank you so much. | 太好了 非常感谢 |
[08:30] | Thank you, thank you. So everything looks good? | 谢谢 谢谢 一切都看起来还正常吗 |
[08:33] | – Everything looks great so far. – Great. | – 目前为止一切都很好 – 太好了 |
[08:34] | We’ll call with the results in a couple of days. | 几天后我们得到结果后会打给你 |
[08:36] | Hopefully you’ll be able to say | 真心希望那你能说自己 |
[08:38] | that you are one year cancer-free. | 已经一整年无癌了 |
[08:40] | You can get dressed now, Kristina. | 你可以穿好衣服走了 |
[08:44] | Just a couple days. | 就几天而已 |
[08:47] | Yeah. | 对 |
[08:49] | A couple days. | 几天而已 |
[08:53] | Welcome to green week | 欢迎来到绿色周 |
[08:55] | – and to your garden. – Yeah, whoo! | – 属于你们的花园 – 耶 喔 |
[08:57] | Look at this! | 你看这些啊 |
[08:58] | All those teeny, tiny, little seeds that you planted | 所有你们种的这些细小微小渺小的种子 |
[09:01] | are big, beautiful, tasty vegetables now. | 都已经变成美丽可口的大蔬菜了 |
[09:05] | – Look. – Where did these come form? | – 你们看呐 – 这些是从哪儿来的 |
[09:07] | – These weren’t here yesterday. – Well– | – 这些昨天都还没有呢 – 这个… |
[09:09] | oh, they’ve been here for– | 它们已经在这儿… |
[09:10] | they’ve been growing over the last month. | 它们上个月就已经四处丛生了 |
[09:12] | This is all–this is all your stuff. | 这些都是…这些都是你们种的 |
[09:13] | All right, let’s pluck some vegetables. | 好了 我们开始采蔬菜吧 |
[09:16] | Let’s do it. | 开始动手吧 |
[09:17] | Where did the corn come from, daddy? | 这些玉米是从哪儿来的 爸爸 |
[09:18] | We plucked it yesterday. | 我们昨天才摘下来的啊 |
[09:19] | I didn’t see it here yesterday. | 我昨天在这儿可没看到 |
[09:20] | Well, it was. It was. | 在呢 在这儿呢 |
[09:22] | It was just in the ground. You didn’t see it, go over to– | 只是在地上而已 你没看见罢了 快过去… |
[09:24] | so what we’re doing here is, we’re getting the green leaves | 我们现在要做的就是把这些绿叶 |
[09:26] | off the outside and then all the silky little gold bits– | 全部弄掉 然后再把这些金色的小家伙… |
[09:28] | get those off, so you don’t have hairy corn. | 把它们弄掉 这样就不会有很多玉米须了 |
[09:30] | – Eww. – Yeah. | – 呃 – 真的哦 |
[09:31] | – Mommy, we need to talk. – Okay, what’s up? | – 妈妈 我们得谈谈 – 好吧 怎么了 |
[09:35] | Tomorrow’s funky pajama day at school, | 明天是学校的时髦睡衣日 |
[09:37] | and I want to wear my jammies | 我想穿我那件 |
[09:38] | with the green and pink polka dots, | 有粉红跟绿色波尔卡斑点的睡衣 |
[09:39] | but they’re at our house, | 但那些都在我们家 |
[09:41] | and I’m supposed to sleep at daddy’s tonight. | 可我今天该在爸爸家睡 |
[09:43] | Okay, well, I will go home and grab your funky pajamas | 好吧 那我回家帮你把你的时髦睡衣 |
[09:46] | and bring them over to dad’s. | 拿过来送到爸爸家去 |
[09:48] | I don’t want you to drop them off. | 我不想你送过去 |
[09:49] | I want to stay at our house. | 我想待在我们家 |
[09:50] | Okay, well, sweetie, I get that, | 好吧 宝贝 我明白了 |
[09:53] | but it’s dad’s night, so you got to stay over there. | 可今天是轮到爸爸的晚上 你得在那儿过夜 |
[09:56] | I don’t want to stay at daddy’s stupid apartment. | 我不想待在老爸那栋愚蠢的公寓里 |
[09:58] | The bedroom’s too small, and it smells like paint. | 卧室太小了 闻起来还总有股油漆味 |
[10:02] | – Is everything okay? – My pajamas are at our house, | – 没事儿吧 – 我的睡衣都在家里 |
[10:04] | and I want to sleep with you tonight. | 而且我今晚想跟你睡 |
[10:05] | Sweetie, no. | 宝贝 不行 |
[10:06] | We have a schedule, and tonight is dad’s night, | 我们都安排好了的 今晚是轮到你爸爸了 |
[10:08] | so that’s the way it has to be. | 睡衣你该去你爸爸那儿睡 |
[10:10] | I want to stay with you. | 我想跟你呆在一起 |
[10:11] | Please–please just shuck some corn, please. | 请…请你拿点玉米去剥好吗 |
[10:14] | No, I don’t want to. | 不 我不想 |
[10:15] | I want to sleep with you tonight! | 我今晚想跟你在一起 |
[10:17] | Okay, you can sleep with me tonight. | 好吧 你今晚可以跟我呆一起 |
[10:20] | – Okay. – Okay? | – 好吧 – 行了吗 |
[10:22] | – Thank you. – Okay. | – 谢了 – 好吧 |
[10:24] | – There’s a worm in the corn. – Oh, no. | – 玉米里有条虫 – 哦 不 |
[10:26] | Eww. | 呃 |
[10:27] | There’s worms in the ground, | 地里面有虫 |
[10:29] | and that’s where this stuff comes from. | 玉米上的虫都是从那儿来的 |
[10:30] | It’s all natural, and it’s good for you. | 这是纯天然的 对你们有好处 |
[10:32] | You’re growing your own vegetables, | 你们自己种出来的蔬菜 |
[10:33] | – you get some worms. – Yep. | – 肯定会有虫子的啊 – 没错 |
[10:35] | I did a very good job on that. | 那张我真是照得相当不错诶 |
[10:37] | I took the photo on that one. | 那张是我拍的 |
[10:38] | You didn’t take the photo on that one. | 你才没有照那张呢 |
[10:39] | I took the photo. I know I did. | 就是我照的 这个我自己清楚 |
[10:41] | I set it up. | 都是我设计的 |
[10:41] | – All you did was click. – You set it up. You did set it up. | – 而你就按了下快门而已 – 确实是 你确实是设计好了的 |
[10:43] | – “Oh, my finger. Ow, it hurts.” Click. – But the acts… | – 你就在那儿说“我的手指 嗷 好疼啊” 然后就咔嚓一下 – 可是… |
[10:45] | It’s mostly the execution. That’s how it is. | 最重要的还是执行 这才是重点 |
[10:47] | – I see. I understand. – Okay. | – 我懂了 我明白了 – 很好 |
[10:48] | Well, anyway, I like it. | 不管怎么样我挺喜欢的 |
[10:51] | All right. I think that’s the cover. | 好吧 这个就做封面了 |
[10:53] | I do too. | 我也这么想的 |
[10:55] | I think they’re gonna be happy. | 我觉得他们会很高兴的 |
[10:57] | Hey, so I’m gonna be gone for just a week next week, | 嘿 我下周要出去一星期 |
[11:02] | and then I’ll be on email–stuff, | 然后我们可以邮件联系 |
[11:04] | but I’ll finish up when I get back. | 不过我回来的时候会都完成的 |
[11:06] | I don’t–what do you mean? | 我不…你什么意思 |
[11:09] | I got a personal thing. | 我有私事儿 |
[11:10] | Well, this– | 这… |
[11:12] | a week from Monday is the deadline on this. | 再过一周的星期一可就是我们的截止日期了 |
[11:16] | know, well, we might have to move the deadline | 我知道 我可能会不得不改一下截止日期 |
[11:18] | just a few days–I’m sure it’ll be fine. | 就推迟几天而已 我相信这样是可以的 |
[11:20] | I don’t–you know what? I don’t move deadlines. | 我不…你什么意思 我不改截止日期的 |
[11:22] | I don’t get it. What’s going on? | 我不明白 到底怎么了 |
[11:23] | What are you doing? Are you going to the Caribbean? | 你要干什么 你要去加勒比海吗 |
[11:24] | – I have a personal matter. – Where are you going? | – 我有私事啦 – 你要去哪儿 |
[11:25] | I heard that, but what does that mean? | 我知道你有私事 但你到底是什么意思 |
[11:29] | It means, Hank, that I don’t have to tell you what I’m doing, | 意思就是 汉克 我不必告诉你我要干什么 |
[11:31] | because it’s personal | 因为这是私事 |
[11:32] | and our relationship is professional and– | 而且我们的关系是专业跟… |
[11:35] | that’s what I’m talking about. | 我就是那个意思 |
[11:40] | I’m gonna check something in the darkroom. | 我去暗室里看点东西 |
[11:48] | Mom, where’s the lasagna leftovers? | 妈 剩的烤宽面条呢 |
[11:51] | What, you mean that little bit? | 什么 你是说剩的那点儿吗 |
[11:52] | It’s in the freezer. | 在冰箱里啊 |
[11:53] | Oh, hello. | 哦 你好啊 |
[11:55] | What are you doing home? | 你在家干嘛呢 |
[11:56] | Adam had a work meeting, so I decided to come home. | 亚当有个工作会议 所以我就决定回家了 |
[11:59] | – What are you painting? – That little bedroom upstairs. | – 你在漆什么呢 – 楼上的那间小卧室 |
[12:02] | Lilac. | 漆成淡紫色的 |
[12:03] | By that little bedroom, | 那间小卧室 |
[12:04] | you mean my–my little bedroom? | 你是说我的…我的那间小卧室吗 |
[12:06] | – You’re painting it lilac? – Yeah. | – 你用淡紫色漆的 – 对啊 |
[12:07] | Why would you paint my bedroom lilac? | 你为什么要把我那间房间漆成淡紫色的 |
[12:10] | Because it’s a soft, beautiful color. | 因为那是种柔和美丽的颜色 |
[12:12] | It’s warm and inviting. | 看起来温馨诱人 |
[12:14] | This has nothing to do with Karen | 这不是凯伦让你 |
[12:16] | telling you maybe you should paint my bedroom | 在没跟我商量的情况下 |
[12:18] | without asking me. | 漆了我的房间吧 |
[12:20] | – No. – No? | – 不是 – 不是吗 |
[12:21] | It has nothing to do with that. | 跟那个没有关系吗 |
[12:23] | No. I’m a painter, remember? | 没有 我是个画家 不记得了吗 |
[12:24] | I know a little something about color. | 我还是多少懂一点颜色的 |
[12:26] | And hasn’t been your bedroom in 15 years. | 而且那间房15年前就已经不是你的房间了 |
[12:29] | Okay, well, be that as it may, | 好吧 无论如何 |
[12:32] | I get a distinct impression | 不知怎么的 |
[12:34] | that this is somehow being orchestrated | 我还是总觉得凯伦在精心策划什么 |
[12:36] | by that Karen lady, like, you know, | 就比如说你现在这样 |
[12:38] | “we got to get this thing in tip-top shape | “我们得把这弄得一流 |
[12:40] | so we can move this unit,” and, you know, | 所以我们要移动这一块” 还有什么 |
[12:41] | “whatever the cost may be, | “不管代价是什么 |
[12:43] | “I’m sure my family’s an inconvenience to that plan. | 我的家人反正那样不怎么方便 |
[12:45] | Maybe I could get them out of here.” | 也许我们该把这些弄出去” |
[12:46] | Okay, well, now you’re being ridiculous. | 好吧 你现在这样太荒唐了 |
[12:48] | I’m not being ridiculous. | 我一点都不荒唐 |
[12:49] | I don’t want you and your buddy Karen | 我不希望你跟你的姐妹凯伦 |
[12:51] | to steamroll dad. | 欺压老爸 |
[12:53] | What? It’s a mutual decision. | 什么 这是我们的共同决定 |
[12:55] | It is not mutual. I talked to him. | 这不是共同决定 我跟他谈过了 |
[12:57] | He doesn’t want to sell this place. | 他根本不想卖房子 |
[12:59] | You positioned this, so it’s a choice | 你先把这事定死了 所以老爸只能 |
[13:00] | between you and the house. | 在你跟房子之间做出选择 |
[13:02] | Of course he’s gonna pick you. | 他当然会选择你了 |
[13:03] | You know what, Crosby? | 你知道吗 克劳斯比 |
[13:04] | This is between me and your father, | 这是我跟你爸之间的事 |
[13:06] | and I just really don’t want to get into it with you. | 我真不想让你掺和进来 |
[13:08] | Okay, well, if he’s not gonna stick up for himself, | 好吧 如果他不支持自己的话 |
[13:10] | then someone has to. | 总得有人支持他 |
[13:12] | Yeah, and who’s gonna stand up for me? | 好啊 那谁又来支持我呢 |
[13:13] | Nobody’s standing up for me. | 没有人支持我 |
[13:15] | You don’t need anyone to stand up for you. | 你不需要任何人来支持你 |
[13:16] | You’re the one that’s trying to sell this house out | 你是那个背着全家人 |
[13:18] | from under the entire family. | 想把这房子卖掉的人 |
[13:19] | We have an attachment to this place. | 我们对这座房子也有着依恋 |
[13:21] | It’s very selfish. | 你太自私了 |
[13:26] | Selfish? | 我自私 |
[13:29] | Yes, I think this action is selfish. | 对 我觉得这个决定太自私了 |
[13:32] | Okay, let me put this into some perspective for you. | 好吧 我就来给你讲讲我的看法 |
[13:36] | I spent over 30 years of my life | 我花了30多年的时间 |
[13:40] | taking care of four kids, | 来照顾你们四兄妹 |
[13:43] | some of whom are still living in my house | 你们还有些人仍然住在我家 |
[13:45] | and coming home for lunch, | 中午还回来蹭午餐 |
[13:48] | and I spent most of my adult life | 而且我花了我大半时间 |
[13:50] | compromising myself and what I want for your father. | 为了你父亲让自己妥协 |
[13:55] | I’ve always put myself second or third | 我总是把自己放在第二位第三位 |
[13:59] | or fourth or fifth or sixth. | 第四位第五位乃至第六位 |
[14:02] | I’ve cooked your dinners. | 我为你们做过晚饭 |
[14:04] | I have packed you school lunches. | 我为你们打包过在学校吃的午餐 |
[14:06] | I have driven you to playdates and practice | 我开过车带你们去看电影 去练习 |
[14:11] | and done your laundry well past when I should have, | 我洗衣服的时候从没忘记把你们的洗得干干净净 |
[14:15] | and now when I assert one thing that I want– | 而现在我想要做一件我想做的事… |
[14:20] | one thing– | 就一件 |
[14:21] | you and your dad and everyone else can’t take it. | 你跟你爸 还有所有人就都接受不了 |
[14:24] | So if that’s selfish, excuse me. | 所以如果这个决定很自私的话 那么不好意思了 |
[14:38] | Honey, just for you now, I’m gonna be mean. | 宝贝 现在我要变得刻薄 |
[14:40] | I’m gonna be really, really mean. | 我要真的真的变得很刻薄才行 |
[14:42] | Well, remember, this is our son’s teacher. | 记住 那可是我们儿子的老师 |
[14:44] | Max seems to like the guy. | 麦克斯好像挺喜欢那个人的 |
[14:45] | He doesn’t deserve to be called a teacher. | 他不配被叫做老师 |
[14:46] | He’s like a troll. He’s a waste of space. | 他就是个巨怪 或者就是在浪费空气 |
[14:48] | He’s everything that’s wrong with this country, | 他就是造成这个国家所有错误的罪魁祸首 |
[14:49] | and he’s a waste of taxpayers’ dollars. | 他就是在浪费纳税人的钱 |
[14:51] | I’m just sick and tired of this stuff happening. | 我已经厌倦受不了这些事了 |
[14:52] | Okay, I think this is it. You ready? | 好了 我觉得就是这儿了 你准备好了吗 |
[14:54] | – You good? – Good. | – 你还好吗 – 很好 |
[14:55] | – You sure? – Yeah. | – 你确定 – 确定 |
[14:56] | Ready to meet the troll? | 准备见巨怪了吗 |
[14:58] | Open the troll door. | 打开巨怪的门吧 |
[15:01] | – Mr. and Mrs. Braverman. – Yeah. | – 布莱福曼先生跟太太吗 – 是的 |
[15:04] | All right, I’m Mr. knight, Max’s English teacher. | 好的 我是奈特老师 麦克斯的英语老师 |
[15:06] | – Come in. – Nice to meet you. | – 进来吧 – 很高兴到你 |
[15:07] | Come on. | 进来吧 |
[15:12] | So I’m actually getting my PhD right now at Berkeley, | 我现在正在贝克里念哲学博士 |
[15:16] | and one of the crazy, fascinating things | 我所在学的其中一件最疯狂最诱人的 |
[15:18] | that I’ve been studying is that sitting in chairs | 就是坐在椅子上 |
[15:21] | is a totally antiquated idea. | 完全是一个过时的观念 |
[15:24] | I mean, kids like Max–they learn better, | 当像麦克斯这样的学生站起来学习的时候 |
[15:26] | and they’re far more engaged when they’re up, you know? | 他们会学得更多 学得更好 你知道吗 |
[15:28] | They’re walking around. | 他们到处走一走 |
[15:29] | They’re interacting with the class. | 在教室里相互影响 |
[15:30] | I mean, otherwise, half their energy is wasted | 如果强制让他们静坐下来 |
[15:32] | trying to force themselves to sit still, you know? | 只会事倍功半 你知道吗 |
[15:34] | – Right, that makes sense. – Yeah. | – 对 你说得对 – 是啊 |
[15:36] | I mean, I know I do better when I’m up. | 我知道我站起来的时候是做得更好 |
[15:38] | I can’t sit still for anything. | 我不能静下来做任何事 |
[15:39] | I like to move my body, you know? | 我喜欢让自己动起来 你知道吗 |
[15:41] | – I like to move my body too. – Yes, yeah. | – 我也是 – 是吧 啊 |
[15:43] | I mean, you would not believe the progress that he’s made | 你不知道从我把椅子拿走后在一周内 |
[15:46] | in one week since I took his chair away. | 他的进步有多大 |
[15:48] | – Wow. – Hmm. | – 哇哦 – 嗯 |
[15:49] | That’s a brilliant kid you got there. | 你们真是生了个聪明的儿子 |
[15:51] | Thank you. That is so nice to hear. | 谢谢 能听到你这么说真是太好了 |
[15:54] | – Thanks. – Well, look, I get it. | – 谢了 – 我明白 |
[15:57] | This school can be a tough place. | 这个学校比较棘手 |
[16:00] | Honestly, I wish that there were more schools | 说实话 我希望还有更多的学校能接纳 |
[16:03] | that catered to kids like Max. | 像麦克斯这样的学生 |
[16:04] | I mean, he’s such a smart kid– | 他是个那么的聪明的孩子… |
[16:06] | it’s so crazy that you’re saying that, | 你这样说真是太难以置信了 |
[16:07] | because we were actually thinking about– | 因为我们其实在想… |
[16:09] | we were talking about possibly starting our own school. | 我们在想开一个自己的学校 |
[16:13] | – Charter school. – Yeah. | – 特殊学校 – 没错 |
[16:15] | For the in-between kids like Max | 专门接收像麦克斯那样 |
[16:16] | who, you know, are gifted and do well | 有天赋学习又不错 |
[16:19] | but need a little extra attention, like you said. | 但需要像你说的那样的特殊关注的学生 |
[16:21] | – Cool. – So… | – 不错 – 所以… |
[16:22] | Well, that’s–that’s great, that’s great. | 那…那样很棒 非常棒 |
[16:26] | You don’t look like you think that’s great. | 你看起来可不觉得这样很棒 |
[16:28] | Well, it’s just charter schools are tough. | 是因为特殊学校很棘手 |
[16:30] | – There’s a lot of red tape. – We know that. | – 有太多的繁文缛节 – 这我们知道 |
[16:32] | We’re not really afraid of red tape. | 我们不怕那些繁文缛节 |
[16:33] | I mean, we’ve dealt with other things before, so… | 我们之前也处理过其他的事情 所以… |
[16:35] | Well, honestly, a lot of times, | 说实话 很多人 |
[16:38] | they just don’t last. | 都不能坚持到最后 |
[16:39] | Parents will start a charter school | 父母会为自己的孩子开设 |
[16:40] | for their own kid. | 特殊学校 |
[16:42] | Kid graduates, parents lose interest, | 孩子毕业之后 他们便失去了兴趣 |
[16:44] | and the school falls apart. | 然后学校就支离破碎了 |
[16:45] | We wouldn’t–we wouldn’t do that. | 我们不会…我们不会这样的 |
[16:47] | Of course not. I’m not saying that at all. | 当然不会 我不是那个意思 |
[16:49] | It’s just I’ve seen this before. | 只是我之前见得太多了 |
[16:52] | It’s gonna be a lot harder than you think. | 这比你们想象的要难太多了 |
[17:01] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[17:03] | – It’s my day, right? – Yeah. | – 今天轮到我了 对吧 – 对 |
[17:04] | – Okay. – Just–it’s green week, so… | – 好吧 – 今天是绿色周 所以… |
[17:06] | I was here. | 我来这儿了 |
[17:07] | – Sustainability committee. – Yeah. | – 责任委员会嘛 – 对 |
[17:09] | So I have to talk to you. | 我不得不告诉你 |
[17:10] | Sydney was really upset | 西德妮对在你那儿过夜 |
[17:12] | about spending the night at your place, | 有点不安 |
[17:14] | so I was wondering if she could stay at the house tonight, | 所以我在想她今天可不可以就待在家里 |
[17:17] | and you guys could have, like, a boys’ night. | 你们两个男生就可以过男生之夜 |
[17:21] | No. No, that’s– | 不 不行 那… |
[17:22] | the therapist said that was, like, the– | 专家说的那… |
[17:25] | the–the–exactly the wrong thing to do right now. | 这样做非常不对 |
[17:29] | Yeah, but she was throwing a tantrum | 是这样没错 可是她在全班人的面前 |
[17:32] | in front of the whole class | 为这事儿发了脾气 |
[17:33] | and, you know, wanted these specific pajamas for tomorrow, | 还有她想为明天准备特别的睡衣 |
[17:36] | and she doesn’t sleep well at your house, so I– | 她在你那儿睡的不是很好 所以我… |
[17:38] | you said yes? | 你答应她了 |
[17:41] | Julia, that’s– | 茱莉亚 这… |
[17:44] | come on, that’s like– | 拜托 这太… |
[17:45] | the therapist told us we have to set up a routine | 专家说过我们得制定常规计划 |
[17:48] | and be consistent with the schedule. | 还要一直遵循计划的 |
[17:49] | That was, like, the most important thing right now. | 现在这是最重要的事儿 |
[17:51] | I know. I want to be consistent. | 我知道 我也想遵循计划 |
[17:52] | I really–I do, | 真的 我想 |
[17:53] | but she’s just–I don’t know. | 但是她…我不知道 |
[17:56] | You try telling her no in front of the whole class. | 你难道要在全班人面前拒绝她吗 |
[17:58] | I told her no in front of the class | 我已经在全班人面前 |
[17:59] | for eight years. | 拒绝了她八年了 |
[18:00] | It’s not fun, | 这并不让人开心 |
[18:01] | but it’s better than the opposite, you know? | 但总比你那样做好 知道吗 |
[18:04] | If we don’t stick to what we’ve set up, | 如果我们不坚持我们制定下的计划 |
[18:06] | what we’ve laid out… | 我们所费的… |
[18:07] | Okay. Sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[18:09] | I’ll tell her that she’s coming home with me, | 我会告诉她她得跟我回家 |
[18:11] | and maybe you better– | 或许你最好… |
[18:14] | maybe it’s better if you go, so she doesn’t see you. | 也许你走了会更好 这样她就看不见你了 |
[18:19] | And you can drop the pajamas off later. | 你待会儿再把睡衣送过来 |
[18:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:26] | I’ll see you later then. | 那待会儿见了 |
[18:28] | – Yeah. – Okay. | – 嗯 – 好吧 |
[18:29] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:38] | I’m coming in tomorrow. | 我明天要过来 |
[18:41] | Tomorrow. Okay. | 明天 没问题 |
[18:43] | – It’s not my day. – That’s all right. | – 但明天不是我过来的日子 – 没关系 |
[18:44] | Well, ask your parents first. Then you can come. | 你要先问过你父母才能过来 |
[18:47] | Since aunt Sarah’s going to Africa next week, | 既然萨拉姑姑下周要去非洲 |
[18:49] | can I help work on the surfsport project instead? | 我能代替她来做照片吗 |
[18:53] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[18:55] | Aunt Sarah is going to Africa next week with her boyfriend, | 萨拉姑姑下周要跟她男朋友去非洲 |
[18:57] | so I wanted to work on the surfsport project. | 所以我想代替她来做冲浪照片这个工作 |
[19:03] | Max, wait a minute. Are you sure about this? | 麦克斯 等等 你确定吗 |
[19:05] | You’ve said on several different occasions | 你已经在很多情况下说过 |
[19:07] | that I have a better eye than aunt Sara. | 我的眼光比萨拉姑姑高了 |
[19:09] | You said it seven times. | 你说过了七次 |
[19:10] | You also said that she talks too much when she works, | 你还说过她工作的时候比我话多 |
[19:13] | and I rarely talk when I work. | 而我在工作时几乎不说话 |
[19:15] | Personal business, right? | 私事儿 对吗 |
[19:19] | Can I work on the surfsport project? | 我能不能代替她做这个工作 |
[19:21] | Yeah. You know what? | 可以 你知道吗 |
[19:22] | Yes, okay. | 可以 好的 |
[19:24] | We’re gonna talk about this later. | 我们待会儿再谈这件事 |
[19:26] | Let’s pack up this stuff. | 先把东西收起来 |
[19:28] | I’m gonna close up the shop early today. | 我今天要早点打烊了 |
[19:29] | Why? | 为什么 |
[19:31] | Personal business. I got to– | 私事儿 我得… |
[19:33] | What does that mean? What do you have to do? | 什么意思 你要去做什么 |
[19:35] | Don’t worry about it. Come on. | 你别管了 走吧 |
[19:36] | I’ll drive you home. You want to drive? | 我开车送你回家 你想坐车吗 |
[19:37] | You want to walk? You want to get a yogurt? | 还是想走回去呢 你想吃酸奶吗 |
[19:39] | I’ll give you a couple dollars to get a yogurt. | 我给你两块钱买酸奶 |
[19:40] | I like yellow m&ms as a topping. | 我想吃黄色M&M巧克力 |
[19:42] | Natalie, hey. | 娜塔莉 嘿 |
[19:44] | – Wow, you emerged. – Yeah. | – 你总算出现了 – 对啊 |
[19:46] | You hear about the party tonight? | 你听说今晚那个派对了吗 |
[19:48] | Yeah, I live on this campus. I hear about a party tonight. | 当然 我是生活在这个学校的人 我当然听说过了 |
[19:51] | Okay, well, I was just gonna see if you’re going. | 好吧 我就想问问你去不去 |
[19:55] | I don’t know. Maybe you want to go together. | 你也许想跟我一起去呢 |
[19:58] | You want to go to a frat party with me? | 你想跟我一起去兄弟会的派对 |
[20:00] | Yes, I know that it’s weird. | 对 我知道这有点怪 |
[20:01] | My sister and I–we made this plan to go, | 我姐跟我 我们打算要去 |
[20:03] | so I was gonna see– | 所以我想看看… |
[20:06] | I-I don’t get you, drew. I don’t. | 我…我真搞不懂你 德鲁 真的 |
[20:08] | Like, at first, you’re like, “I like you. | 最开始的时候你说“我喜欢你 |
[20:10] | want a relationship,” | 我想你做我女朋友” |
[20:11] | and then your ex-girlfriend comes | 然后你的前女友就出现了 |
[20:13] | and basically lives with you, which is– | 几乎是跟你住在了一起 这… |
[20:16] | – that was kind of a– – That was really weird, man. | – 这有点… – 这真的很奇怪 老兄 |
[20:17] | Well, it was a special circumstance. | 这是很特殊的情况 |
[20:18] | And then you disappear for, like, three weeks. | 然后你就消失了 整整三周 |
[20:21] | Now you suddenly emerge. | 现在又突然出现了 |
[20:23] | You pretend like nothing ever happened, | 你装着一切都未发生过 |
[20:24] | and you want to take me to a frat party, | 还想带我去参加兄弟会的派对 |
[20:26] | which I’m pretty sure is the last place | 我敢肯定你说过那是你最不想 |
[20:28] | you said you ever wanted to be seen with me, so… | 看到我的地方 所以… |
[20:29] | – I know– – Yeah. | – 我知道 – 嗯 |
[20:31] | No. | 不 |
[20:33] | No, I don’t want to go to a frat party with you. | 不 我不想跟你去兄弟会派对 |
[20:36] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:37] | Because I said I wanted a relationship, | 因为我说过我想要一段稳定的恋爱关系 |
[20:39] | you said you wanted to be friends, | 而你说你只想跟我做朋友 |
[20:40] | which is what I’m trying to do. | 我也努力在这么做 |
[20:44] | Right. | 好吧 |
[20:46] | I got to go. I have class. | 我得走了 我还有课 |
[20:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:51] | Your coworker is going to Africa. | 你的合作者要去非洲了 |
[20:54] | That’s your emergency. | 这就是你的紧急状况 |
[20:55] | Yeah, she’s going with some guy, | 对 她要跟一个男人一起去 |
[20:56] | some friend, I guess. | 可能是某个朋友吧 我想 |
[20:58] | I don’t know. I don’t know what it is. | 我不知道 我不知道到底是不是 |
[20:59] | But she lied. That’s the thing. | 但是她对我撒谎了 就是这样 |
[21:01] | She told me it was a personal matter. | 她告诉我是因为私事 |
[21:03] | Well, it sounds like maybe it is. | 听起来好像真的是私事诶 |
[21:04] | No, she lied, | 不 她撒谎了 |
[21:05] | because she knew that it was B.S. | 因为她知道这样不对 |
[21:07] | And that I would call her on it. | 她也知道我不会让她去 |
[21:09] | So this woman, Sarah, she’s your coworker. | 这个女人 萨拉 她是你的合作伙伴 |
[21:11] | – Working on a project together. – Yeah. | – 一起工作这个项目 – 没错 |
[21:13] | – And that’s it? – Yeah, that’s it. | – 就是这样吗 – 对 就是这样 |
[21:15] | We dated once. Is that what you’re getting at? | 我们约会过一次 你是想问这个吗 |
[21:17] | – Once. – Yeah, it was a while ago. | – 一次 – 对 还是很久以前了 |
[21:19] | A year–year ago about. | 大概一年…一年前的事了 |
[21:21] | No big deal, though. | 不算什么 |
[21:22] | – So it wasn’t serious. – No, no, wasn’t serious. | – 所以就不算严重 – 不 不 不是很严重 |
[21:26] | You know, I mean–I mean, I loved her, but– | 我是说…我是说 我爱过她 可是… |
[21:30] | she loved me, I think. | 我想她也爱过我 |
[21:31] | But anyway, so now we’re just–it’s totally platonic. | 但不管怎么样 我们现在…那完全是柏拉图式的恋爱 |
[21:35] | She’s my coworker, | 她是我的合作伙伴 |
[21:38] | maybe a friend, | 或许算是个朋友 |
[21:39] | though she’s really annoying. | 尽管她真的很烦人 |
[21:41] | But it’s not about that. | 但跟那个无关 |
[21:42] | – It’s about– – What? | – 而是… – 是什么 |
[21:44] | I’m trying to figure everything out. | 我努力想把一切都解决好 |
[21:45] | You know, last time, you told me what to say, | 上一次你告诉我要说什么 |
[21:48] | and I didn’t do that well. | 但我做得不是很好 |
[21:51] | So in your own words, | 所以按你的话说 |
[21:52] | are you able to tell Sarah how you feel about her? | 你可以告诉萨拉你对她的感觉吗 |
[21:58] | I mean, I can tell her how I feel. | 我可以告诉她我的感觉 |
[21:59] | I just–I don’t think she’s gonna like it. | 我只是…我觉得她不会喜欢这样的 |
[22:02] | I think it’s important that you’re honest with her. | 我觉得你对她坦白很重要 |
[22:03] | Yeah, honesty. That’s– | 是啊 说实话 那… |
[22:05] | hasn’t worked for me historically. | 我这样做从没管用过 |
[22:07] | I know, but you came to me | 我知道 但你来找我 |
[22:09] | because you wanted to change, didn’t you? | 就是因为你想要改变 不是吗 |
[22:14] | Yeah. | 对 |
[22:15] | Sometimes even it’s not comfortable, | 有时候即使你会很难受 |
[22:19] | you have to take that leap. | 你还是得跳过这道坎 |
[22:23] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[22:27] | – Hi. – What are you doing here? | – 嗨 – 你来这儿干嘛 |
[22:30] | Um, well, I tried to talk to you at the school, | 我在学校想跟你聊来着 |
[22:32] | but you didn’t really let me. | 但你不让我跟你聊 |
[22:34] | But that’s okay. | 不过这没关系 |
[22:36] | I just wanted to say that I know | 我只想让你知道我明白 |
[22:39] | what you’re going through right now, | 你现在是什么感受 |
[22:40] | and I’m sorry, | 对此我很抱歉 |
[22:42] | and it’s really hard, | 这真的很难 |
[22:45] | especially the first few weeks, | 特别是最初的几周 |
[22:46] | and if you need anything at all– | 如果你有什么需要… |
[22:48] | – seriously? – What? | – 你不是吧 – 怎么了 |
[22:51] | You’re–you’re seriously– | 你…你不是吧 |
[22:52] | you’re coming here at night to my house | 大半夜跑来我家来看我 |
[22:55] | to see if I need anything, | 就问我需不需要什么 |
[22:57] | to say that you’re sorry? | 就为了说你很抱歉吗 |
[22:59] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[23:01] | Did it ever occur to you that this is your fault? | 你就没想过这一切都是你的错吗 |
[23:05] | Uh, not really. | 呃…还真没有 |
[23:07] | You’re the reason Joel left. | 就是因为你乔才离开的 |
[23:09] | I told him what happened, and he left, | 我告诉他了真相 然后他就走了 |
[23:12] | and now we’re shuttling our kids back and forth | 现在我们的孩子整天背着他们的包 |
[23:14] | with these little roller suitcases. | 来回奔波 |
[23:16] | And I’m here in this big house alone, by myself half the time, | 我现在一个人守着这么大个家 大部分时间就一个人 |
[23:19] | and the man that I’ve been in love with | 而我爱了12年的那个男人 |
[23:20] | for 12 years can hardly look me in the face, | 现在连看都不看我一眼 |
[23:22] | so I don’t really want to have a nice chat about it with you. | 所以我不想跟你来一场有趣的谈话来讨论这个话题 |
[23:25] | Thanks anyway. | 不过还是谢谢你 |
[23:26] | I really–I just wish I had never met you. | 我真的…我真希望从没遇到过你 |
[23:30] | Okay, look, I’m sorry for coming by, | 好吧 我很抱歉这么晚了还过来 |
[23:32] | and I’m sorry for whatever part I played in this. | 我很抱歉我在这次事件中所起的作用 |
[23:35] | But if you honestly think that I’m the sole reason | 可是你如果认为我是导致你跟乔 |
[23:37] | why you and Joel are having problems, | 出现了这样的问题的唯一原因的话 |
[23:39] | then you’re just kidding yourself. | 你就真是在欺骗你自己 |
[23:42] | And if you really want your marriage back, | 如果你真想挽回你的婚姻 |
[23:45] | you’re gonna have to dig a little deeper. | 你得考虑的再深一些 |
[23:54] | – Good. I feel loose, feel good. – I don’t wanna be here. | – 很好 我感觉很放松 很不错 – 我不想待在这儿 |
[23:56] | I’m, like, already wasted from us drinking before we got here. | 我已经浪费了来这里之前喝酒的机会 |
[23:59] | Doesn’t matter. We’re gonna have a good time. | 算了 我们会玩的很开心的 |
[24:01] | – Come on, we’re excited. – Natalie talked to me earlier. | – 来吧 我们很兴奋的 – 娜塔莉之前跟我谈过了 |
[24:02] | – No, no, no, no, no, no. – She was mad at me. | – 不不不不不 – 她很生我的气 |
[24:04] | No Natalie. This is not about Natalie. | 不许谈娜塔莉 跟她无关 |
[24:07] | This is about you and me | 这是关于我跟你 |
[24:08] | and the fun folks that we used to be, okay? | 还有我们以前那样有趣的家伙的事 好吗 |
[24:10] | It’s gonna be good for us to let loose. | 我们放松一下会很有好处的 |
[24:12] | – Yeah. – And I have another idea. | – 嗯 – 我还有个主意 |
[24:14] | We’re gonna make a deal. Pinky kiss. | 我们来做个约定 拉钩上吊 |
[24:16] | We are going to each make out with somebody tonight. | 我们俩要各自找个人亲热 |
[24:19] | – I can’t promise that. – We have to. | – 我不能答应你这个 – 我们必须这样 |
[24:20] | Come on, we have to. We have to pinky kiss. | 来嘛 我们必须这样 我们必须打勾勾 |
[24:22] | – Make out with someone. – Yes. | – 跟别人亲热 – 没错 |
[24:24] | Yeah. All right. | 耶 好了 |
[24:26] | Okay, whoo! We can do this. | 好了 我们做得到的 |
[24:27] | It’s gonna be good. | 会很尽兴的 |
[24:28] | Stick together for a second. | 团结一致一下嘛 |
[24:32] | I’m just saying that a couple | 我想说的是夫妇的定义 |
[24:34] | by definition is two, | 得是俩吧 |
[24:35] | so when they say they’re gonna call in a couple days, | 所以说他们说的几天后打过来 |
[24:37] | they should call in two days. | 就该是两天后打过来 |
[24:39] | Honey, I’m sure we’re gonna hear about it tomorrow. | 亲爱的 我确定我们明天会拿到结果的 |
[24:41] | It’s fine. Don’t worry. | 没事的 别担心 |
[24:42] | – You’re stressing out over nothing. – I’m sorry, | – 你就别杞人忧天了 – 我很抱歉 |
[24:44] | I know everything’s gonna be fine. | 我知道一切都会好起来的 |
[24:45] | You’re gonna get a great report. | 你会得到一份很棒的报告的 |
[24:46] | – You’re so healthy, so… – Really healthy. | – 你很健康 所以… – 真的很健康 |
[24:48] | The end. I’m done. | 结束了 我说完了 |
[24:49] | Dr. Bedsloe said he would call | 拜德斯洛医生说过 |
[24:51] | if he knew anything ahead of time. | 如果他能提前知道结果的话会马上打给我的 |
[24:52] | I’m sure they’re just checking everything to make sure. | 我确定他们只是想确保万无一失而已 |
[24:55] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[24:56] | You know, I just was thinking about Mr. knight. | 我又想了想奈特老师的话 |
[24:57] | Even though he’s a little unconventional, | 尽管他这人有点不合常规 |
[24:59] | I think his philosophy is just– | 我觉得他的哲学是… |
[25:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:03] | It’s kind of outstanding, and it’s different, | 挺别出心裁 与众不同的 |
[25:05] | and he’s very smart. | 他太聪明了 |
[25:06] | – I don’t know. – Yes, really smart. | – 我不知道 – 对 他是真的很聪明 |
[25:08] | Just the way that he is and what he emulates | 他的那种方式还有他效法的东西 |
[25:10] | and just puts off– | 摆脱了约束 |
[25:11] | – yeah, puts off, yeah. – Puts out there. | – 是啊 摆脱了约束 – 蛮有成效的 |
[25:14] | Why are you looking at me like that? | 你为什么要那样看着我 |
[25:15] | You got a little tongue-tied when you were talking to him. | 你跟他说话的时候有点舌头打结 |
[25:17] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我才没有呢 |
[25:18] | Kristina, it’s okay if you find him attractive. | 克里斯蒂娜 你觉得他很吸引人没关系的 |
[25:19] | Stop it. I don’t find him attractive. | 住口啦 我才没觉得他吸引人呢 |
[25:20] | – I’m secure. – Listen. | – 我会保密的 – 听着 |
[25:22] | – All right, I’m listening. – This is what I’m saying. | – 好吧 我听着呢 – 这就是我所说的 |
[25:23] | He made some really valid points about the school. | 他说的关于学校的那些东西很有用 |
[25:25] | You know, I just feel like I don’t want to start something | 我觉得我不想我们突然就心血来潮 |
[25:27] | and get in over our head, and — | 然后开始做某件事 而且… |
[25:29] | – we’re always in over our heads. – it’s a huge | – 我们不总是心血来潮吗 – 这件事太大了 |
[25:30] | You just ran for mayor. Remember that? | 你才竞选过市长诶 不记得了吗 |
[25:32] | Yeah, I do remember that. | 对 我记得 |
[25:33] | I don’t want this to be unrealistic, | 我不想做不现实的事 |
[25:35] | and I want to make sure that this is something | 我想确保那是一件我们 |
[25:38] | that we can follow through on. | 可以一直做下去的事儿 |
[25:39] | Doesn’t sound like you, Kristina, | 这话听起来可不像你 克里斯蒂娜 |
[25:41] | being afraid of something unrealistic. | 你居然会害怕不切现实的事 |
[25:43] | I’m not afraid of it, Adam. I’m just saying– | 我不是怕 亚当 我只是… |
[25:45] | and you know what? It’s a great idea. | 你知道吗 这是个好主意 |
[25:46] | You had a great idea, | 你有个很棒的主意 |
[25:47] | and we’re starting this school | 我们得开这所学校 |
[25:49] | because our son, Max, deserves a good place to learn, | 因为我们的儿子 麦克斯 他值得更好的地方去学习 |
[25:51] | and so do other kids like Max. | 其他像麦克斯的孩子也一样 |
[25:53] | Yeah, I know. | 是 我知道 |
[25:54] | One handsome teacher who’s got an awesome personality | 有一位有着很棒人格魅力的帅气老师 |
[25:57] | does not a bad idea make. | 可不是一个坏主意 |
[25:58] | – I didn’t say that. – Okay? | – 我可没这么说 – 好吗 |
[26:00] | It’s a good idea, | 这是个好主意 |
[26:02] | and that’s why we need to do this. | 这也是我们需要这么做的原因 |
[26:05] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[26:18] | – Oh, my God. – It’s me. | – 天呐 – 是我 |
[26:20] | – Hank! – Yeah. | – 汉克 – 对 |
[26:26] | What’s wrong with you? It’s late. | 你脑子有病啊 现在很晚了 |
[26:28] | – You scared me. – I know it’s late. | – 你吓着我了 – 我知道天色很晚了 |
[26:30] | That’s why I looked in there. | 所以我才从那儿看你的 |
[26:31] | – I can see right in there. – Don’t knock from the street. | – 我能从那里看得到 – 别在街上敲门 |
[26:33] | It’s crazy. What are you doing? | 太荒唐了 你要干嘛 |
[26:35] | Are you packing up for the personal matter? | 你在为那件私事打包吗 |
[26:38] | Yeah, I am. | 对 没错 |
[26:40] | You got a malaria net? | 你有疟疾网吗 |
[26:42] | Oh, well, I guess you know I’m going to Africa, | 我猜你肯定是知道我要去非洲了 |
[26:44] | and you’re mad about it. | 而你对此很生气 |
[26:45] | I’m not mad. I’m not mad. | 我没生气 没生气 |
[26:46] | – No? – No, nobody said I was mad. | – 没有吗 – 谁说我生气了 |
[26:48] | – Well, what? – I’m disappointed. | – 怎么了 – 我很失望 |
[26:49] | Disappointed, yeah. | 我很失望 对 |
[26:51] | We started this project, and I saw something new in you. | 我们开始合作这个项目后 我在你身上发现了新的东西 |
[26:55] | You really wanted this, you were focused, | 你是真的想要做这份工作 你很专注 |
[26:57] | and I thought that we were making something | 我就想我们是在做一些 |
[26:58] | that could turn out to be really good. | 能真正变成好东西的作品 |
[27:00] | We are. | 确实是啊 |
[27:01] | – Yeah, but then– – We will. | – 是 可是然后… – 我们会的 |
[27:02] | You just started doing something | 你却开始做一些 |
[27:03] | that I’ve seen you do your whole life. | 我从未见过你做的事 |
[27:05] | I’m seeing patterns. | 我知道你 |
[27:06] | You got a good job here, you got a great opportunity, | 你在这儿有一份好工作 你有很好的机会 |
[27:09] | and you’re blowing it off for some guy. | 你却为了一个男人都放弃了 |
[27:11] | – What is this? – I don’t know– | – 你这是干嘛 – 我不知道… |
[27:12] | – what are you doing? – Listen. | – 你这是在干嘛 – 听我说 |
[27:13] | if you’re scared–maybe deep down you think | 如果你吓着了 或许在你内心深处 |
[27:15] | you can’t make it as a photographer, | 你觉得你做不来一个摄影师 |
[27:17] | whatever it is. | 不管是什么 |
[27:18] | And this is regardless of what I think of that guy, | 这与我对那个男人怎么想没有关系 |
[27:20] | which is that he pretty much sucks, | 虽然他确实挺烂一人儿 |
[27:21] | in case you’re wondering because he gets you the job and now– | 为了不让你感到奇怪 我告诉你这是因为他为你找了这工作 而现在 |
[27:23] | he didn’t get me the job. | 他没有帮我得到这份工作 |
[27:24] | Well, whatever, he helped you do it, | 不管怎么样 他都或多或少帮了你 |
[27:25] | and now he’s telling you that it doesn’t matter. | 他现在却告诉你这不重要 |
[27:27] | I’m just–I’m reporting to you that I’m seeing you do | 我只是…我想告诉你我知道你会怎么做 |
[27:30] | what you always do. | 我知道你的作风 |
[27:31] | You put a man before yourself. | 你总是以男人为重 |
[27:33] | I don’t think you should do that. | 我觉得你不该那么做 |
[27:35] | Okay, thank you. Thank you for that. | 好吧 多谢你了 多谢你的建议 |
[27:37] | – Are you done? – Are you pissed at me? | – 你说完了吗 – 你生我气了吗 |
[27:38] | Yes, I am, | 对 我生气了 |
[27:40] | because you’re coming over here and reporting… | 因为你跑过来跟我说… |
[27:42] | – I’m just trying to be honest. – Your honesty to me. | – 我只是想对你实话实说而已 – 你对我实话实说 |
[27:44] | I didn’t ask. | 我并没有要求你这样做 |
[27:46] | How dare you tell me about my problems and patterns | 你怎么敢在我没有看到你跟其他人 |
[27:48] | when I don’t see you any more connected | 有跟比我在一起时更紧密的关系的时候 |
[27:50] | to somebody than you were when we were together? | 跑过来指责我的问题和为人 |
[27:53] | I mean, you’re Mr. perfect relationship, great career guy? | 你是感情完美先生 事业成功人士吗 |
[27:56] | No. | 不是 |
[27:58] | – I’m taking a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity – OK. | – 我抓住了一生难得一次的机会 – 好吧 |
[28:00] | to do something very cool, | 做一些很棒的事 |
[28:02] | and why do you have to come over and make me feel bad about it? | 你为什么要跑过来让我觉得这样做不好 |
[28:04] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:05] | This was a bad idea. I’m gonna go. | 这不是个好主意 我走了 |
[28:08] | Enjoy your trip. | 旅途愉快 |
[28:09] | You know, and I’ll email you | 如果项目有什么问题的话 |
[28:11] | if something comes up with the project. | 我会给你发邮件的 |
[28:16] | Come on, zeek. | 拜托 奇克 |
[28:18] | We’ve been back and forth with this for months now, | 我们已经这样反反复复这样好几个月了 |
[28:21] | and finally we reach a careful | 终于好不容易达成了一个 |
[28:24] | and what I thought was a mutual decision. | 我觉得是共同做的谨慎决定 |
[28:27] | And I think that at last, it’s finally over, | 我以为最后这件事终于了结了 |
[28:29] | and you won’t drop it. | 你却不愿放下 |
[28:30] | Instead, you enlist your son to fight your battles. | 反而去找你的儿子来捍卫你的战争 |
[28:33] | I didn’t enlist anybody, Camille. | 我没有去找任何人 卡米尔 |
[28:35] | I do not know what the hell you’re talking about. | 我都不知道你在说什么 |
[28:38] | He called me selfish. | 他说我自私 |
[28:40] | – Crosby– – Hey, what are you doing? | 克劳斯比 他… – 你在这儿干嘛呢 |
[28:42] | – It’s after midnight. – Shh. | – 这都半夜都过了 – 嘘 |
[28:43] | Come here, come here, come here, come here. | 过来 过来 你过来 过来 |
[28:44] | Listen to this. | 你来听听 |
[28:47] | Crosby, Jasmine, the kids–they’re here. | 克劳斯比 贾思敏 孩子们 他们在这儿 |
[28:50] | I mean, so what– | 这又怎么了嘛 |
[28:52] | I’ve been listening to fights for 30 years through this vent, | 我已经从这个通气口听他们吵架听了30年了 |
[28:55] | and I’m gonna tell you, this is a bad one. | 而且我告诉你 这次很不好 |
[28:56] | This is not good. | 一点都不好 |
[28:58] | She said that I was the most selfish member of this family. | 她说我是家里最自私的人 |
[29:01] | That’s clearly Sarah. | 那明明是萨拉才对嘛 |
[29:02] | That’s how wound up she is, no objectivity. | 她就这么生气 一点都不客观了 |
[29:05] | Unlike Sarah, they won’t stay here for years and years. | 他们不像萨拉 他们不会年复一年待在这儿 |
[29:08] | Ooh, that’s harsh. Glad Sarah didn’t hear that. | 唔 这话太刻薄了 真高兴萨拉没听到这话 |
[29:11] | You said something to her, didn’t you? | 你跟她说了什么 对吧 |
[29:13] | I tried to have an adult conversation with her– | 我试图跟她来个成年人间的对话 |
[29:15] | I told you not to say anything. | 我告诉过你什么也不要说 |
[29:16] | – You promised. – I said- | – 你答应过我的 – 我说过… |
[29:18] | listen, it was going fine, | 听我说 本来一直挺好的 |
[29:19] | but I mentioned the word “selfish,” | 但我一提到自私这个词之后 |
[29:20] | which I believe she’s being, and she went ballistic. | 虽然我觉得她确实很自私 她马上就变得非常激动了 |
[29:23] | Oh, my God, I told you this would blow up. | 天呐 我跟你说过这事儿总会爆炸的 |
[29:24] | I told you. | 我告诉过你 |
[29:25] | You never said anything to Crosby | 你从没跟克劳斯比说过 |
[29:27] | about wanting to sell the house. | 关于要卖这栋房子的事儿 |
[29:29] | Oh, for Pete’s sake, | 我的天呐 |
[29:30] | all I did was have an honest, face-to-face conversation | 我想做的就是跟我儿子来个 |
[29:33] | with my own son. Look, sweetheart– | 诚实的面对面的对话而已 听我说 亲爱的… |
[29:35] | – we cannot stay here. – We got to go. | – 我们不能待在这儿 – 我们得走了 |
[29:39] | We’ve got to get out of this house. | 我们得远离这栋房子 |
[29:59] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[30:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[30:02] | – Quite a party, huh? – Yeah. | – 挺不错的派对 哈 – 是啊 |
[30:04] | Whoo. You know, honestly, it’s not exactly my scene, | 唔 其实这不是我以前会来的地方 |
[30:08] | but I’m trying to branch out, you know? | 不过我想扩大自己的活动范围 |
[30:10] | I’m just going through a breakup, you know, | 我刚刚才经历了一场分手 |
[30:12] | so I’m not looking for anything serious, so I– | 所以我不打算再找一份稳定的感情 |
[30:14] | – oh, that’s– – It was nice talking to you. | – 哦 那还真是… – 跟你聊天真开心 |
[30:17] | All right. | 好吧 |
[30:19] | Ouch. | 嗷 |
[30:20] | – Hey, little drew. – Hi. | – 嘿 小德鲁 – 嗨 |
[30:22] | I need to hook up with someone here, | 我想在这儿跟别人约炮 |
[30:24] | like, now-ish. | 就现在 |
[30:26] | I don’t know any of these– | 可我不认识这些… |
[30:28] | – come with me. – This is your thing. | – 跟我来 – 这是你的地盘 |
[30:29] | – Can you help me? – Yeah. | – 你能帮我吗 – 没问题 |
[30:30] | – I’m a man of the people. – Great. | – 我可是跟他们打成一片的 – 太好了 |
[30:33] | Shouldn’t be this hard. | 不该有这么难的 |
[30:35] | Oh, your brother is over there somewhere. | 哦 你弟弟在那边呢 |
[30:39] | Yeah, he’s my brother. | 对 他是我弟 |
[30:42] | – I’m not gonna hook up with my brother tonight. – Oh, right. | – 我是不会跟我自己的弟弟乱来的 – 那是当然 |
[30:45] | It’s just not on the roster for the evening. | 这不在今晚名单之内 |
[30:47] | I’d just love it if I could– | 我很乐意如果… |
[30:49] | oh, no! No! | 哦 不 不 |
[30:51] | No. No! | 不 不 |
[30:53] | No, wrong. That’s– | 不行 完全乱套了 这也… |
[30:55] | this is–this is wrong. | 这样做是…是不对的 |
[30:58] | This is–I have to get out. | 这是…我得出去了 |
[31:01] | I thought it was awesome. | 我觉得倒是不错 |
[31:02] | – Berto, hey, what’s up? – Hey, Natalie. | – 贝尔托 嘿 怎么了 – 嘿 娜塔莉 |
[31:04] | – How’s it going, man? – Good. | – 玩的还开心吗 – 还行 |
[31:05] | Hey, have you seen drew anywhere? | 你看见德鲁在哪儿了吗 |
[31:07] | Yeah, he’s over there somewhere. | 知道 他在那边哪个地方 |
[31:11] | But, hey, listen. | 不过 听我说啊 |
[31:13] | – Broski is on a mission tonight. – Okay. | – 布罗斯基今晚有个任务 – 好吧 |
[31:15] | Out to get some tail, | 他要找到人亲热 |
[31:17] | so if you don’t want to make out with him or anything, | 所以你要是不打算跟他亲热之类的 |
[31:19] | no dice, you know what I mean? | 就别找他 你明白我的意思吗 |
[31:21] | Got it. Yeah. | 明白 当然明白 |
[31:23] | Hey, are you up for some mud wrestling? | 对了 你想去看泥中摔跤吗 |
[31:26] | Excuse me. Sorry. | 借过一下 不好意思 |
[31:27] | – No. – Sorry. Hi, Natalie, hi. | – 不想 – 不好意思 嗨 娜塔莉 嗨 |
[31:29] | – Berto. Hey. – Hey. | – 贝尔托 嘿 – 嘿 |
[31:30] | – Hey. – Good luck, man. | – 嘿 – 祝你好运啊 老兄 |
[31:33] | You came. | 你来了 |
[31:34] | Yeah, I just wanted to see what the big deal was. | 对 我就想过来看看派对能办得多大 |
[31:36] | Yeah, there’s, like, um– | 嗯 这儿有…嗯… |
[31:38] | so there’s drinks over there. | 那边有喝的 |
[31:39] | You want me to get you a drink? | 你想让我帮你拿杯喝的吗 |
[31:40] | No, I’m good. | 不用了 没关系的 |
[31:42] | I think I’m gonna take off, actually. | 我其实马上就要走了 |
[31:44] | No, here, I’ll walk you out then. | 那我就送你出去吧 |
[31:45] | No, I hear you’re a man on a mission. | 不老 我听说你现在有任务在身 |
[31:48] | – Oh. – Yeah. | – 哦 – 好吧 |
[31:50] | – Um… – All right, I’ll see you later. | – 嗯… – 好吧 那以后再见吧 |
[31:51] | – Natalie. – Bye. | – 娜塔莉 – 再见 |
[31:53] | Sorry, excuse me. | 不好意思 请让一下 |
[32:03] | Coming. | 来了 |
[32:04] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嘿 – 嗨 |
[32:08] | I got, like, eight movies here, | 我带了八部电影 |
[32:11] | including muscle shoals. | 包括《马斯尔肖尔斯录音室》 |
[32:12] | – Have you heard about that? – No. | – 你听说过吗 – 没有 |
[32:14] | Music doc. Supposed to be amazing. | 音乐电影 应该还是不错的 |
[32:15] | And a bunch of other stuff I think you’re gonna love. | 还有一大堆我想你应该会喜欢的东西 |
[32:18] | – Hey, Carl. – Bags. | – 嘿 卡尔 – 大包小包的 |
[32:20] | Do you– | 你… |
[32:22] | where’s your stuff? | 你的东西呢 |
[32:23] | I can’t go. | 我不能去 |
[32:25] | What? | 什么 |
[32:26] | Huh? | 哈 |
[32:27] | I know it sounds crazy. | 我知道这样很荒唐 |
[32:30] | I’m sure I’ll never have this chance again. | 我也知道我可能再也没这样的机会了 |
[32:32] | But I was getting ready, | 但我已经准备好了 |
[32:34] | and I looked in the bathroom mirror, | 我看着浴室的镜子 |
[32:37] | and you know that sticker I have? | 你知道我那儿的贴纸吧 |
[32:40] | Yeah, yeah, I do. The–I saw that. | 知道 知道 那…我看到过 |
[32:42] | – “The year of Sarah.” – “The year of Sarah,” I wrote- | – “萨拉年” – “萨拉年” 我写的 |
[32:45] | I was gonna ask, but I– | 我本打算问你的 可是我… |
[32:47] | when I moved in, I put that up, | 我搬进来的时候就写在上面了的 |
[32:49] | as corny as that seems, | 看似平淡无奇 |
[32:52] | to remind myself what a big year this is, | 是用来提醒我自己今年很重要 |
[32:56] | finally living on my own, not at my parents’ house. | 是我终于独自生活不再住在我父母房子里的重要的一年 |
[33:01] | My kids are doing well. I’m starting a new career. | 我的孩子们做得不错 而我也开始了新的事业 |
[33:05] | I have a tendency to get distracted, | 我很容易就分心的 |
[33:09] | and I put that note up to remind myself | 所以我写上那个来提醒自己 |
[33:14] | not to get distracted. | 不要再分心了 |
[33:17] | Yes, distractions can be dangerous. | 没错 分心很危险的 |
[33:21] | Especially when they look so good. | 特别是当那些诱惑看起来真的很棒 |
[33:24] | And I’m guessing when I get back, that’s– | 我想当我回来的时候 那… |
[33:30] | yeah. | 对 |
[33:31] | I don’t think– | 我不觉得… |
[33:33] | yeah. | 嗯 |
[33:36] | Well, I’ve got a plane to catch. | 我还要赶飞机 |
[33:41] | Have a great time. | 祝你玩得愉快 |
[33:42] | – I’ll see you around. – I’ll see you around. | – 以后再见 – 以后再见 |
[33:52] | So tomatoes are just one of the many vegetables | 西红柿是我们今天有的 |
[33:55] | we have here today. | 众多蔬菜之一 |
[33:56] | – Tomatoes are a fruit. – Okay, really? | – 西红柿是水果 – 好吧 真的吗 |
[33:58] | Yeah, tomatoes are a fruit. Everyone knows that. | 没错 西红柿是水果 大家都知道的 |
[34:01] | Okay, well– | 好吧 那个… |
[34:03] | did you even do your research before you came in to teach us? | 你要来叫我们难道都没做够功课吗 |
[34:06] | – Yes, I did. – This carrot tastes like dirt. | – 我做了的 – 这个胡萝卜吃起来一股泥味儿 |
[34:08] | It’s disgusting. I’m not eating it. | 太恶心了 我不吃了 |
[34:11] | Ah, it’s a vegetable. | 啊 西红柿是蔬菜 |
[34:12] | There was a supreme court case in 1893, | 这是1893年最高法院的案例 |
[34:15] | and they decided that tomatoes are indeed a vegetable. | 他们判定西红柿确确实实为蔬菜 |
[34:19] | What do you think the tomato said on the stand? | 你猜西红柿出庭的时候会怎么说 |
[34:21] | Huh? | 哈 |
[34:24] | – Nothing? – Yeah. | – 什么也不说 – 没错 |
[34:27] | – You think that tastes like dirt? – Yeah. | – 你觉得这个吃起来有股泥味吗 – 对啊 |
[34:29] | – Have you had much dirt? – None at all. | – 你吃过很多泥吗 – 没有 |
[34:30] | Well, I’m kind of a dirt connoisseur, | 我可算是泥土行家 |
[34:33] | so we could do a little taste test | 所以我们可以用一碗泥 |
[34:34] | of a bowl of dirt and a carrot. | 跟一碗胡萝卜来做测试 |
[34:36] | We could try ’em by side by side, a little comparison. | 我们可以挨个吃 这样好做个比较 |
[34:37] | – What do you say? – I’m not tasting dirt with you. | – 你觉得呢 – 我才不要跟你一起吃泥呢 |
[34:40] | That’s fair enough. Does taste a little like dirt. | 没问题 确实吃起来有股泥味儿 |
[34:42] | I told you. | 我跟你说过了 |
[34:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:46] | – Hey, honey. – In there, cook it up. | – 嘿 亲爱的 – 在那里面 把它做好 |
[34:48] | Be careful with that, though, ’cause it’s a little bit– | 那个要小心点 因为那个有点… |
[34:50] | yep, she just wanted to see what you were cooking. | 她只是想看你在做什么而已 |
[34:51] | You might want to turn it down a little bit. | 你也许想把它关了 |
[34:52] | Just some spaghetti. | 就一些意面而已 |
[34:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:59] | – Hey, honey. – Yeah? | – 嘿 亲爱的- 怎么了 |
[35:04] | Hello? | 喂 |
[35:06] | Yeah. | 是我 |
[35:16] | Okay, that’s–that’s great. | 好的 那真是…真是太棒了 |
[35:19] | That’s–yeah, that’s wonderful. | 那真是…对 实在是太好了 |
[35:22] | I will see you in six months. | 我半年后再见你 |
[35:25] | Thanks. Bye. | 谢了 拜 |
[35:28] | What did he say? | 他说什么了 |
[35:31] | All clear. | 全没了 |
[35:33] | All clear. | 癌细胞全没了 |
[35:35] | – My blood work is–yeah. – Clear. That’s good. | – 我血液工作…对 – 没了 很好 |
[35:36] | – Is spectacular…- It’s good. | – 太好了 – 很好 |
[35:38] | – No tumors, no shadows, no–good. – Good. | – 没有肿瘤 没有阴影 没有…很好 – 那就好 |
[35:42] | I’m good to go. I’m perfect. | 我好了 我完全好了 |
[35:44] | – Perfect. – Yeah. | – 完全好了 – 对 |
[35:45] | Good. That’s good. | 很好 这样很好 |
[35:49] | – You’re stuck with me. – Yeah. | – 你这下一辈子都得被我缠住了 – 是啊 |
[35:52] | – Honey. – I’m sorry. | – 亲爱的 – 抱歉 |
[35:53] | – I don’t know why I’m doing this. – Come here, come here. | – 我不知道我为什么会这样 – 过来 到我这儿来 |
[35:56] | It’s okay. | 没事了 |
[35:59] | – Oh, God. – It’s okay. | – 天呐 – 没事了 |
[36:02] | You know, it’s just seeing ’em go in, | 看着他们进去 |
[36:05] | – those women–I just– – I know. | – 看到那些女人…我就… – 我知道 |
[36:07] | I just didn’t want you to have to go through that again. | 我真不希望你再经历这种痛苦 |
[36:09] | I know. It’s gonna be a road, though. | 我知道 但这还是得继续检查 |
[36:10] | You know, it’s gonna be scan to scan every six months. | 每六个月就要去一次 |
[36:13] | We’re gonna have to keep doing this | 我们还要继续这样 |
[36:14] | and keep on waiting for something bad to happen. | 还要继续等着坏事的发生 |
[36:18] | Okay, we’re not those people | 好啦 我们不是那些人 |
[36:19] | who are gonna wait for something bad to happen, okay? | 我们不是那种会等着坏事发生的人 好吗 |
[36:20] | No, no, we’re not. | 不是 不是 我们不是 |
[36:22] | We’re the people who are gonna make things happen, right? | 我们是会主动争取的人 对吗 |
[36:23] | – Yeah, gonna make it happen. – Come on. | – 对 我们会争取到的 – 别这样 |
[36:34] | – Hi. – Mr. and Mrs. Braverman. | – 嗨 – 布莱福曼先生 太太 |
[36:37] | Hi, we just wanted to stop by and talk to you | 嗨 我们只是想顺便过来拜访一下你 |
[36:39] | about what you said about starting the charter school | 跟你们谈谈我们那天谈话时你说的 |
[36:42] | the other day, when we were having the conversation– | 关于特殊学校的事儿… |
[36:44] | we realize this is incredibly inappropriate | 我们知道我们这样 |
[36:46] | for us to just drop by unannounced. | 没跟你打声招呼就过来是不太礼貌 |
[36:47] | Right, and what you were saying about other parents | 对 那天你说的其他父母 |
[36:49] | that–you know, that don’t finish things–what they start | 没能坚持下去 他们开的特殊学校 |
[36:52] | and maybe only doing a charter school for four years, | 或许只能维持四年之久 |
[36:54] | we want to tell you that we are not those parents. | 可我们要告诉你的是我们不是那些父母 |
[36:56] | – We don’t want to start something that we can’t finish. – OK. | – 我们不会做那些我们完成不了的事 – 好吧 |
[36:58] | We want to open a school that’s gonna run forever and ever. | 我们想开一所能永远办下去的学校 |
[37:00] | And I just got a clean bill of health, | 我刚刚才还清了健康债 |
[37:02] | and it sounds crazy for me to be telling you this, | 我知道跟你说这个很荒唐 |
[37:04] | but I’m sticking around, | 但我坚持的 |
[37:05] | and I want to stick around long enough | 我也想一直坚持下去 |
[37:06] | not just to help my kid but to help all kids. | 不仅仅是为了帮我自己的孩子 还要帮助别的孩子 |
[37:09] | A lot of kids, a lot of families. | 很多孩子 很多家庭 |
[37:10] | – And we want your help. – Yes, we do want your help. | – 我们需要你的帮助 – 没错 我们需要你的帮助 |
[37:12] | We have the passion and the balls | 我们有雄心也有热情 |
[37:13] | and the energy and the drive, | 有精力也有动力 |
[37:14] | and we need an educator that’s gonna come in | 我们需要一位教育工作者 |
[37:16] | and drive that train with us and help us. | 来帮助我们一起驱动这辆教育的列车 |
[37:18] | – And we think that person’s you. – We’re here to ask you | – 我们认为那个人就是你 – 我们是来问你 |
[37:19] | if you would run the school. | 是否愿同我们一起创办这个学校 |
[37:20] | We’re hoping to open up in the fall. | 我们希望能在这个秋天就能开办 |
[37:22] | You know, I’ve never had parents come to my house before. | 以前从来没有家长到我家来过 |
[37:25] | – I’m so sorry about that. – Sorry about that. | – 我很抱歉冒昧前来 – 我们很抱歉 |
[37:26] | – It’s really rude. – This is important to us. | – 我们这样真的是很不礼貌 – 这对我们来说很重要 |
[37:28] | – Very sorry. – I like it. | – 非常抱歉 – 我喜欢 |
[37:31] | Tell me more about the school. | 多告诉我一点这所学校的细节 |
[37:33] | – Okay, well, we see…A small school. – A small school. | – 好吧 我们明白… 是所小学校 – 是所小学校 |
[37:35] | You know, faculty-student ratio | 老师跟学生比例 |
[37:37] | is four to one at the very most. | 最多只能是1:4 |
[37:39] | And a scholarship program is really important to us, | 奖学金项目对我们来说很重要 |
[37:40] | so it doesn’t just benefit | 所以不光是惠及家境好的学生 |
[37:42] | the wealthy kids–it benefits all kids. | 而是全体学生 |
[37:44] | We’re looking out for the kids. | 我们会非常关心那些孩子 |
[37:45] | We’ve just seen too many of these kids | 我们已经见过很多孩子 |
[37:46] | – just fall through the cracks. – Yeah. | – 被交流打垮了 – 是啊 |
[37:47] | Social skills. We want to talk about that. | 社交技能 我们想谈谈这个 |
[37:49] | You know, why don’t we talk about this over coffee? | 我们何不去边喝咖啡边谈呢 |
[37:52] | You guys want to come in and have a coffee? | 你们想进来喝杯咖啡吗 |
[37:54] | – I love coffee. – Yeah, okay. | – 我很爱咖啡 – 嗯 好吧 |
[37:55] | – Thank you. – All right, thank you. | – 谢谢 – 行 谢谢 |
[38:01] | – Hey. – Hey. | – 嘿 – 嘿 |
[38:04] | Well, I didn’t go to Africa. | 我没去非洲 |
[38:09] | I mean, you were right, you know, that– | 你说得对 那个… |
[38:11] | I mean, some of the things you said about, | 我是说 你说的有部分是对的 |
[38:12] | you know, the job. | 工作 |
[38:13] | I mean, that’s not the only reason, | 那并不是唯一的原因 |
[38:15] | but I just thought, you know, | 但我觉得 |
[38:17] | this thing with Carl is– | 跟卡尔在一起这事儿 |
[38:19] | I don’t want to talk about it, but… | 我不想谈这件事 可是… |
[38:23] | I didn’t–I didn’t go. | 我没…我没有去 |
[38:26] | So see you at work tomorrow. | 明天工作时再见了 |
[38:30] | Well, hey. | 等等 |
[38:34] | What do you think of this for the second to last page? | 你觉得第二到最后一页如何 |
[38:40] | For the–With all the- | 为了…有… |
[38:42] | – yeah, the credits. – Yeah. | – 嗯 名单吗 – 没错 |
[38:43] | – The board members. – Inside of the back page. | – 董事会成员 – 在偶数页 |
[38:46] | – I like it. – Yeah, I mean, that was– | – 我喜欢 – 嗯 那个… |
[38:48] | it was either that or this. I was stuck on this for a while. | 不是这个就用这个 我一时间不知道该选哪个好 |
[38:51] | – Think it’s that. – It is, right? | – 那张吧 – 就是这张 是吗 |
[38:52] | – Yeah, I think so. – This is how we do it, right? | – 嗯 我觉得是 – 我们就这么做 对吗 |
[38:54] | Yes. | 对 |
[39:00] | So, mom, dad, | 妈 爸 |
[39:03] | we have some good news. | 我们有些消息要宣布 |
[39:04] | We found a condo to sublet, | 我们找到了要转租的公寓 |
[39:08] | so we’ll be getting out of your hair on Sunday. | 所以我们要在周日搬出你们这儿了 |
[39:10] | Thank you for everything, for your hospitality, | 多谢你们收留我们 |
[39:12] | and opening your home. | 为我们敞开大门 |
[39:13] | We know that it’s been really crazy for both of you | 我们知道这样对你们俩来说 |
[39:15] | around here. | 都觉得很荒唐 |
[39:16] | What? You’re leaving? Why? | 是吗 你们要搬走 为什么 |
[39:19] | Well, you guys have a lot going on around here. | 你们这儿还有好多事儿要处理 |
[39:21] | We thought it would just be | 我们觉得这样 |
[39:22] | – helpful, better. – Yeah. | – 对你们好一些 – 对啊 |
[39:25] | You know. | 你知道的 |
[39:27] | Well, I thought you couldn’t afford it. | 我觉得你们负担不起房租 |
[39:29] | We got a pretty good deal, actually. | 其实我们做的交易还算划算 |
[39:30] | It’s like a friend-of-a-friend type of– | 算是亲友价之类的… |
[39:32] | and it’s only for another month maybe, so… | 而且可能也只需要一个月 所以… |
[39:35] | I don’t know why you wouldn’t stay here. | 我不明白你们为什么不继续住在这儿 |
[39:36] | I mean, why would you stay in a stranger’s house? | 你们为什么想住在陌生人的家里呢 |
[39:39] | Well, look, we just– | 听我说 我们只是…. |
[39:40] | we don’t want to be in anyone’s way and– | 我们不想妨碍任何人 而且… |
[39:42] | you’re not in anyone’s way. Absolutely not. | 你们没有妨碍任何人 真的 |
[39:45] | And you’re not moving out. | 你们不许搬出去 |
[39:46] | This is your home as long as you need it to be, | 只要你们需要 这里永远都是你们的家 |
[39:48] | and I won’t have it any other way, so… | 我不会再想卖掉它了 所以… |
[39:52] | Settled. | 就住下来吧 |
[39:54] | Jabbar, want to dish up some sundaes with me? | 乔巴 想跟我一起吃点圣代冰淇淋吗 |
[39:57] | Yeah. | 想 |
[40:04] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[40:05] | Thank you for saving me with Sydney. | 谢谢你从西德妮手里救了我 |
[40:09] | No problem. | 不用谢 |
[40:10] | And I wanted to apologize, | 我还想跟你道歉 |
[40:14] | because obviously it’s not your fault, | 因为我跟乔两人出现的问题 |
[40:18] | what Joel and I are going through. | 很明显不是你的错 |
[40:21] | I’ve been realizing | 我意识到 |
[40:23] | I am responsible for my own marriage. | 我才是该为自己的婚姻负责的那个人 |
[40:29] | Hey, don’t beat yourself up about it. | 嘿 别对自己太自责了哦 |
[40:33] | Marriage is hard. | 婚姻太难了 |
[40:34] | That’s why it has such an awesome success rate. | 这就是为什么它有这么高的成功率的原因 |
[40:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:40] | Um, I also know how much it sucks | 我还知道没有孩子在身边 |
[40:45] | eating by yourself without the kids, | 吃饭是有多受罪 |
[40:47] | and so I made you chicken marsala. | 所以我给你做了鸡肉玛莎拉 |
[40:50] | – It’s cold now, but… – Wow. | – 有点凉了 不过… -哇哦 |
[40:54] | – Yeah. – Thank you. | – 嗯 – 谢谢 |
[40:56] | I know you like it. | 我知道你喜欢这个 |
[40:58] | I seriously hope this is farm-to-table, | 我真心希望这是直接从农场弄上餐桌的 |
[40:59] | ’cause I can’t eat it otherwise. | 因为非这样我不吃的 |
[41:02] | Thank God green week is over. | 谢天谢地绿色周终于结束了 |
[41:04] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[41:05] | The environment is such a pain in the ass. | 环境真是讨人嫌啊 |
[41:07] | It really–really is. | 真的 真的是这样 |
[41:10] | Thank you for this. | 谢谢你给我做这个 |
[41:12] | This is really– | 这真的是… |
[41:15] | honestly I haven’t had a lot of good-type feelings lately, | 说实话 最近我很久没像这样感觉这么好了 |
[41:19] | so thanks. | 所以谢谢你 |
[41:26] | unless–did you want to come in? | 除非….你想进来坐会儿吗 |
[41:29] | No. | 不了 |
[41:30] | No, I’ll go home. Thank you. | 不了 我要回家了 谢谢 |
[41:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:35] | I mean, there’s plenty here for dinner. | 我家还有好多晚饭呢 |
[41:41] | It’s just dinner. | 只是个晚餐而已 |
[41:42] | Yeah, it’s just dinner. | 对啊 只是个晚餐而已 |
[41:46] | – Come on. – Okay. | – 进来吧 – 好吧 |
[41:48] | Thanks. | 谢了 |