时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | Newton’s first law of motion. | 牛顿第一运动定律 |
[00:22] | An object at rest, stays at rest. | 静止的物体会保持静止 |
[00:25] | And an object in motion, stays in motion. | 而运动中的物体则会保持运动 |
[00:28] | Basically, bodies keep on doing what they’re doing. | 基本上 个体会按照现有模式持续运作 |
[00:31] | It’s simple. | 很简单 要想加速 就得增添动力 |
[00:32] | If you want to accelerate, you need more force. | |
[00:35] | I love laws. In physics and in life. | 我喜欢规则 无论是物理定律 还是生活中的法则 |
[00:38] | So I became a lawyer. | 所以我当了律师 |
[00:41] | And why Mergers and Acquisitions? Because I’ve always wanted to be the best. | 那为什么加入并购团队呢? 因为我的目标从来都是成为最强者 |
[00:45] | The toughest, smartest corporate lawyers do M&A. | 能做并购的 都是最精明强干的企业律师 |
[00:48] | And a girl like me really needs to stay tough in a city like this. | 在这座城市里 像我这样的女孩尤其需要保持强悍 |
[00:52] | See? Exhibit A. | 看见没?这就是证明 |
[00:55] | I know if I work harder than anyone else, apply more force, I’ll make partner. | 只要我比任何人都努力 再加把劲 我一定能成为合伙人 |
[01:00] | They say being on the partner track | 有人说 在合伙人之路上前行 能让人发现真实的自己 (瑞秋弗莱德曼) |
[01:01] | –is how you find out who you really are. | |
[01:05] | Sorry. I’m coming up now. Sorry, I’m– | 抱歉 我就快到了 对不起 我… |
[01:07] | –You’re doing it again. -What? Oh right. | 你又来了 什么?对哦 |
[01:11] | Guys never apologize. Sorry. | 男人从不道歉 抱歉 |
[01:13] | You know what else guys never do? Apologize for apologizing. | 为自己道歉的行为说抱歉 这种事男人也从来不做 |
[01:16] | It’s Waffle Wednesday. | 今天是周三 华夫饼日 |
[01:17] | You know I love waffles, but forget me. Save yourself. | 你知道我爱吃华夫饼 但别管我了 你尽情享用吧 |
[01:20] | Don’t think I won’t. | 别以为我不会这么干 手工烘焙的美食能让我出卖灵魂 |
[01:21] | I’ve sold my soul for a lot less than artisanal baked goods. | |
[01:24] | I need a new case, stat. | 我需要马上接个新案子 |
[01:26] | What? I just wrapped the Weiland deal. I need to staff ASAP. | 怎么?威兰的案子结了 我得尽快投入下一单 |
[01:30] | You have seriously worked nonstop for six years. | 你已经无休止地工作了六年 |
[01:32] | It’s in the bag. | 这回绝对稳了 |
[01:34] | M&A’s only promoting two, maybe three junior partners this year. | 并购团队今年 只会提拔两到三名初级合伙人 |
[01:36] | Right. You, Dan, and Todd. | 对啊 你、丹 还有托德呗 |
[01:38] | Maybe. We’re neck and neck. | 也许吧 我们现在旗鼓相当 |
[01:40] | -Oh. | |
[01:43] | Look. I just need one more heavyweight to lock it in. | 我需要再办一个大案子来奠定胜局 |
[01:46] | You won’t lose junior partner ’cause you’re not staffed for one day. | 你不会因为一天没活干 就失去初级合伙人资格的 |
[01:49] | I’ve been for two weeks. | 我都歇两周了 |
[01:50] | Objection. Motive. | 反对 动机问题 |
[01:52] | -You want to coast. -Mm-hmm. | 你是自己想歇口气 |
[01:57] | -Girl, you need to relax. -Look, I can’t. | -妹子 你需要休息 -不行 |
[01:59] | I have to land a major deal before they decide who’s making partner. | 我得趁合伙人人选敲定之前 拿下一个大单 |
[02:02] | I’m in Litigation, but if you want intel on deal flow, | 我是做诉讼的 如果你想打听过手项目的情报 |
[02:05] | your Mean Girls should have the hot goss. | 听那边的小贱人爆料去吧 |
[02:07] | She turns around, she was a total bakkushan. | 可等她转过身来 却是个恐龙 |
[02:10] | -Oh. -Oh God. What is a bakkushan? | 天啊 恐龙是什么意思? |
[02:12] | A wide margin on the face-body quotient. | 身材和长相反差巨大 |
[02:14] | As used in a sentence, “The bar was so dark, | 具体来说就是:“酒吧光线太暗 |
[02:16] | Dan didn’t notice his date was a bakkushan until it was too late.” | 等到丹发现约会对象 是个恐龙的时候 已经太迟了” |
[02:20] | It means she looked like you from the back. | 意思就是她的背影瞧着像你 |
[02:22] | But Dan from the front. | 但转过来却是个女版的丹 |
[02:24] | -To my disappointment, she wasn’t you. -Clearly. She was on a date with you. | -我很失望 她不是你 -会跟你约会 当然不是我 一起去吗? |
[02:27] | -Are you coming? | |
[02:29] | -There’s Marty Adler. -And half the management committee. | -马蒂艾德勒在那边 -还有半个管理委员会的人 |
[02:32] | It’s hard to carry this firm on my shoulders, guys. | 扛起整个律所的担子真心不容易啊 |
[02:36] | Looks like Marty’s rain dance paid off. | 马蒂还真是长袖善舞啊 |
[02:38] | Marty’s not a rainmaker, he’s a kingmaker. | 人家可是手握生杀大权的 不是一副花架子 |
[02:40] | Whoever gets on his deal wins the golden ticket. | 谁能做他的案子 晋升合伙人就胜券在握了 |
[02:43] | They’re still promoting everyone who’s tracking, right? | 他们还打算提拔合伙人之路上的人? |
[02:45] | What do you have to worry about, Mr. Gretchen Landrus? | 你有什么好担心的啊 格莱琴兰德斯先生? |
[02:49] | -Then there’s London Boy. -Yeah, we got a new transfer. | -别忘了还有伦敦小子 -有个新人要转进来 |
[02:52] | Into M&A? Now? | 来并购团队?现在? |
[02:54] | And I’m stuck on that Pharma Co. deal. | 可惜我制药公司的案子还没结 |
[02:56] | Whichever of you gets to work with Marty will be guaranteed to make partner. | 你们谁要是能给马蒂做事 合伙人的位子就稳了 |
[03:01] | That would be me. You know I love all you bakkushans, but… | 那必须是我啊 我这人虽然怜香惜玉 |
[03:06] | this one’s mine. | 但这案子我要定了 |
[03:09] | -Go. Land that deal. | 去吧 拿下那个案子 |
[03:13] | Waffles, anyone? | 谁想吃华夫饼? |
[03:17] | I have your mother on the line. | 你妈妈来电话了 |
[03:19] | I’ll call her back later, | 我晚点再给她打过去 |
[03:20] | and I need all the intel on Marty Adler’s new deal. | 我需要关于马蒂艾德勒 新交易的所有资料 |
[03:25] | Your new paralegal. | 你新来的助手 |
[03:38] | The hell is this? | 这什么情况? |
[03:39] | HR finally realized that giving Ingrid all the paralegals of color may be racist. | 人事部终于意识到分给英格丽的助理 全是有色人种 有种族歧视嫌疑了 |
[03:43] | So, this week, she got… | 所以这周她就分到了… |
[03:49] | Get your feet off the goddamn desk. | 把脚从桌上拿下去 |
[03:51] | She graduated number two in her class at Harvard Law, | 你还在科尔盖特挂科的时候 |
[03:53] | while your ass was probably flunking Colgate. | 她就以全班第二的成绩从哈佛毕业了 |
[03:55] | Show some freakin’ respect. | 给我放尊重点 |
[04:02] | What, no waffles? | 怎么 没有华夫饼了? |
[04:03] | Something way better. | 有比华夫饼好得多的东西 |
[04:05] | So, who was that Brit you met all those years ago at Rosecliff? | 还记得你在罗斯克利夫 遇到的那个英国人吗? |
[04:08] | Rosecliff. Jane and Tony’s wedding? | 罗斯克利夫 你是说简和托尼的婚礼? |
[04:10] | Yeah, you were Maid of Honor at that disaster, but you said you met… | 对 你做伴娘那次 简直是灾难现场 但你说那天遇到了… (《卡萨布兰卡》) |
[04:14] | Bogie. | …梦中情人 |
[04:17] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:19] | And you guys… | 而且你们… |
[04:23] | -Yeah. | -Yeah. -对 -对 |
[04:25] | And you said it was an instant connection. Fireworks. Upstairs bedroom. | 你说你俩一拍即合、干柴烈火 冲进了楼上的卧室 |
[04:29] | He asked me if I meant what I said in my toast. | 他问我在祝酒词里说的 关于灵魂伴侣的事 |
[04:32] | About soulmates. | 是不是认真的 |
[04:34] | “Belief in true love is the same as believing in God | “相信真爱 一如信奉上帝 |
[04:37] | because you believe in… | 因为你相信命运” |
[04:39] | …destiny.” | |
[04:40] | That’s when he said you had chocolate on your lips and kissed you. | 就在这时 他说你嘴上沾了巧克力 借机吻了你 |
[04:44] | And then he said, “Not chocolate, marzipan…” | 然后他说:“不是巧克力 是杏仁酱…” |
[04:47] | -“Pineapple.” | -“Pineapple.” It was nice. -“菠萝” -“菠萝” 感觉还不错 |
[04:51] | “Nice”? Girl, you said “love at first sight.” | “还不错”?美女 你当时说的可是“一见钟情” |
[04:54] | You were using soulmate-level language. | 而且是灵魂伴侣那个级别的 |
[04:56] | He was leaving for London the next day. | 他第二天就要去伦敦了 |
[04:59] | -So we agreed “no names, no questions.” -Uh-huh. | 所以我们说好了不留名字和任何信息 |
[05:07] | Where did you get that? | 这照片哪来的? |
[05:09] | The waffle station. | 华夫饼分派站 |
[05:11] | Mm-hmm. | |
[05:12] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗? |
[05:14] | What is he doing here? | 他怎么会在这儿? |
[05:16] | The love of your life from how long ago? | 真爱降临了啊 你俩多久没见了? |
[05:18] | Okay. He’s not the love of my life. | 好吧 他不是我的真爱 |
[05:21] | -Six years ago. -Oh my God, Ingrid. | -六年 -天啊 英格丽 |
[05:23] | This is exactly what you need. | 这简直是命运的安排啊 |
[05:25] | We’re gonna be 30, and you’ve dated a grand total of three guys. | 我们眼看就要奔三了 你还只交过三个男朋友 |
[05:28] | Three. My 13-year-old niece has more experience than you, which is not cool. | 三个 连我13岁的侄女 都比你经验丰富 虽然那不是啥好事 |
[05:32] | Seriously, Ingrid… | 英格丽 你的生命中 不是只有成为合伙人这一件事 你得出去好好享受生活 |
[05:34] | …life is not just about making partner. You gotta get out there and live a little. | |
[05:38] | I will. After I make junior partner. | 我会的 等我成为了初级合伙人以后 |
[05:41] | Speaking of, I’ve got a department meeting. | 我要去参加部门会议了 |
[05:43] | Good luck with you-know-who. And I don’t mean Marty Adler. | 祝你跟那个谁相处愉快 我说的可不是马蒂艾德勒哦 |
[05:53] | I want this deal. I’m your guy. | 我想办这案子 我就是你要找的人 |
[05:55] | Tyler, we all want you on this case, | 泰勒 我们也想把案子交给你 但总不能无缘无故把盖文踢出局吧 |
[05:57] | but we need a reason to take Gavin off. | |
[05:59] | Okay. Hey, look. Not only have I pitched six new clients, | 我不仅拉到过六个新客户 |
[06:01] | I started reading Vogue, Teen Vogue, and Women’s Wear Daily when I was 11. | 而且从11岁就开始阅读《时尚》 《少女时尚》和《女装日报》了 |
[06:05] | I know Alexander McQueen didn’t know couture until Givenchy, | 我知道亚历山大麦昆在去纪梵希之前 根本不懂高级时装 |
[06:07] | and unlike Gavin Dunmore, I actually know the difference between polyester and wool. | 而且跟盖文丹摩不同 我能分得清聚酯纤维和羊毛 |
[06:12] | Fine. It’s yours. | 好吧 这案子归你了 |
[06:13] | You won’t be sorry. | 你不会后悔的 |
[06:15] | Luxe for Raymond Vanderlin. | 雷蒙凡德林的奢侈品牌 |
[06:17] | Yes! Remember when you’re running Luxury Goods, | 太棒了!打理奢侈品的时候 |
[06:19] | I want a huge discount on all client products. | 客户的所有产品都要给我折扣哦 |
[06:22] | Girl, you won’t need it because you’ll be running this place. | 你不需要折扣 你很快就是这里的合伙人了 |
[06:24] | By the way, can you believe there is not one but two Asian American first-years? | 对了 我们这儿居然 一下来了两个亚裔新人 神奇吧? |
[06:29] | Wait. What? | 慢着 什么? |
[06:30] | Don’t they annihilate each other in a flash of energy and release a photon? | 不怕他们斗个头破血流 留下一地炮灰吗? |
[06:33] | Come say hi to the kids at the reception tonight. | 今晚去欢迎会上跟孩子们打个招呼吧 |
[06:35] | Uh-uh! | |
[06:36] | Not if I get on Marty Adler’s new deal. | 除非我没接上马蒂艾德勒的新案子 (帕森瓦伦汀和亨特律师事务所) |
[06:45] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[06:55] | Hey. | 你好 |
[06:56] | Hi. | 你好 |
[07:00] | Ingrid. | 我是英格丽 |
[07:03] | Ingrid Yun? | 英格丽允? |
[07:05] | Jeff Murphy. It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 我是杰夫墨菲 幸会 |
[07:07] | We’ve met. Jane and Tony’s wedding? | 我们见过面 在简和托尼的婚礼上 |
[07:10] | Oh, that’s right. Of course. Yeah. | 对哦 当然了 是的 |
[07:13] | -You don’t remember. -No, I do. Of course, I do. | -你不记得了 -没有 我当然记得 |
[07:16] | No. You had on that dress, right? Very pretty dress. | 你穿着那条裙子 对吧? 很漂亮的裙子 粉红色那条? |
[07:19] | Oh, that pink thing? | |
[07:21] | That’s the one. Yeah. | 对 就是它 |
[07:23] | It was blue. | 我那天穿的蓝色 |
[07:24] | Ooh. | |
[07:26] | Well, I had a lot to drink that night. | 我那晚喝多了 |
[07:28] | Apparently. | 显然是 |
[07:29] | I didn’t do anything embarrassing, did I? | 我没做什么让人尴尬的事吧? |
[07:32] | No. You were an absolute gentleman. | 没有 你非常绅士 |
[07:37] | Was I? | 是吗? |
[07:39] | Is that letter or spirit of the law, Counselor? | 你是字面意思还是别有深意? |
[07:42] | Clearly you’re not compos mentis, so I’ll let you off with a warning. | 显然你头脑不太清晰 所以我就放你一马好了 |
[07:45] | -This time. -How magnanimous of you. | 你真是宽宏大量 |
[07:54] | You’re the transfer from London. | 你就是从伦敦转来的新人 |
[07:56] | Guilty as charged. | 正是在下 |
[07:58] | I take it you’re in M&A too. What year are you in? | 你也是并购团队的吧 年资多久了? |
[08:01] | -Sixth. -So you’re the competition. | -六年 -看来我们是竞争对手了 |
[08:03] | -Don’t flatter yourself. -You think you’re that good? | -少往自己脸上贴金 -你自我感觉这么好吗? |
[08:06] | Better. | 比你想的还要好 |
[08:12] | Yun, should we be jealous? | 允 我们该吃醋吗? |
[08:14] | Jeff Murphy. Just transferred from across the pond. | 我是杰夫墨菲 刚从大洋彼岸转过来 |
[08:16] | -Dan Fallon. -Todd Ames. You’re from London? | -丹法伦 -托德安姆斯 你从伦敦来? -差不多吧 -以前我夏天常去肯特度假 |
[08:19] | -Um, well, thereabouts. -I used to summer in Kent. | |
[08:21] | Oh yeah. I spent a lot of time in Knole Park. | 是嘛 我以前也常去北帕克 |
[08:24] | I’m Hunter, like the green. | 我叫亨特 大亨的亨 |
[08:26] | Nice to meet you, Hunter. | 幸会 亨特 |
[08:28] | Mr. Adler. Ma… Marty. Marty Adler. | 艾德勒先生 马蒂艾德勒 |
[08:30] | -Oh God. -I’m Caleb Sanders. | -天啊 -我是凯勒桑德斯 |
[08:32] | I’m a first-year here at Parsons. | 帕森的一名一年级律师 |
[08:34] | I am really excited to be here. | 能来到这里 我真的很激动 |
[08:37] | May I ask a question? | 能问您一个问题吗? |
[08:38] | Don’t fucking ask permission to ask a question. | 问问题之前 别他妈征求同意 |
[08:41] | Just ask the fucking question. | 直接问就好 -当然 -不是吧 这小子 |
[08:43] | -Of course. -Come on, man | |
[08:45] | So in intellectual property law, we studied the Lexion-Huntsman case, | 我们在知识产权法课上 学了莱西恩亨兹曼的案子 |
[08:49] | and how you handled the patent issues was brilliant. And I– | 您处理专利问题的方式太妙了 我… |
[08:52] | Stop. Stop talking. | 停 别说了 |
[08:53] | Sanders, right? | 桑德斯 对吧? |
[08:55] | No one’s buying your wide-eyed ingénue act. | 别跟我睁大眼睛扮天真 没用的 |
[08:57] | -It’s manipulative and a cliché. | 这种操控人心的手段太老套了 |
[08:59] | And stop laughing. It’s making me mad. Laughter is a coward’s expression of fear. | 还有 收起你的笑脸 看得我心烦 笑容是懦夫害怕的表现 |
[09:05] | Bye. | 再见 |
[09:07] | You know, I’ve asked them to move this paragraph three times. | 我都跟他们说三遍了 把这段改动一下 |
[09:10] | They really should go over Marty Adler in orientation. | 他们真该在迎新会上 跟人介绍一下马蒂艾德勒 |
[09:14] | -Sorry. -Read your audience, pal. | -抱歉 -学学察言观色吧 兄弟 |
[09:17] | -Beautiful. -You in for bingo? | -漂亮 -要玩宾果游戏吗? |
[09:19] | -Sure. I’ll go with “kick the tires.” -I’m going with “circle the wagons.” | -好啊 我猜“小试牛刀” -我猜“严阵以待” |
[09:22] | -“Knock it out of the park” for me. -20 bucks buy-in. | 我猜是“一举拿下” 20美元买入 |
[09:24] | Whoever’s Phrase that Pays gets spoken first, wins. Feeling lucky? | 谁猜的词先被提到算谁赢 想碰碰运气吗? |
[09:27] | Sure. Let’s go with “slippery slope.” | 当然 那我就猜“滑坡效应”吧 |
[09:30] | I thought you were the competition. | 我还以为你是个对手呢 |
[09:32] | Fair enough. | 好吧 |
[09:33] | How about “align incentives.” No. “Boil the ocean.” | 那“调整激励机制”怎么样? 不 还是“好高骛远”吧 我不知道 我猜是“最有效的” |
[09:37] | Ah, I don’t know. “Most impactful.” | |
[09:39] | -You did that last time. -And it’s not really a phrase. | -你上回猜过了 -而且那就是个形容词 |
[09:42] | All right, people. Take your seats, please. | 好了 各位 请入座 |
[09:45] | Let’s go, you wanna work today or what? | 斯加利 你今天还要不要做事了? |
[09:47] | Let’s start with the Alcor deal. | 先从阿尔科的案子说起 |
[09:49] | Last week, we went in, we kicked the tires, | 上周 我们小试牛刀了一下 这周我们要采取实际行动了 |
[09:51] | this week, we’re gonna take this baby out for a spin. | |
[09:54] | Which reminds me. | 这刚好提醒了我 |
[09:55] | I want you to take care of the shell corporation | 我们今早聊过的那个空壳公司 |
[09:57] | that we talked about this morning. | 就交给你处理了 |
[09:59] | I need to take a deposition for my effing uncle. Okay? | 我得去帮我的叔叔取证词 好吧? |
[10:02] | On to new business. | 现在开始说新生意 |
[10:03] | Sun Corp, big-time energy conglomerate in Houston, is acquiring Min Enterprises. | 休斯顿的大型能源公司 太阳集团 要以29亿美元收购闵氏企业 |
[10:08] | A clean-tech play for 2.9 billion. | 发展清洁能源技术 -大手笔啊 -这桩生意事关律所今年的成败 |
[10:11] | Whoo! That’s real money. | |
[10:12] | This deal could make or break our year. | |
[10:15] | So nobody breathes a word of this. | 谁也不准走漏半点风声 |
[10:16] | -Are you available, Fallon? -Willing and able. | -你有空吗 法伦? -乐意效劳 |
[10:19] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[10:20] | I can draft up a quick and dirty NDA, get that signed ASAP. | 我可以即刻起草一份保密协议 尽快让所有人签字 |
[10:22] | Great, Yun. So, Fallon, I want you to sit in on the kickoff this afternoon. | 很好 允 那么法伦 今天下午的项目启动会 你列席旁听 |
[10:26] | Ted Lassiter, Sun Corp CEO, is coming at three o’clock. | 太阳集团的首席执行官泰德拉希特 3点钟要过来 |
[10:29] | -Love to. -Great. | -乐意之至 -很好 |
[10:30] | I worked on an oil and gas client last year, | 我做过一个油气公司的案子 |
[10:32] | Chevron divested its holdings in Mexico’s Royale Oil. | 雪佛龙售出了 在墨西哥皇家石油的股份 |
[10:35] | So I know all about family-owned energy and all those tricky regulatory issues. | 所以我了解家族能源企业 和各种棘手的管理问题 |
[10:38] | Great. Yes, Yun, you sit in on the kickoff as well. | 很好 允 你也参加会议 |
[10:40] | Make sure we’re ready to go at three o’clock. | 务必做好与会准备 |
[10:42] | Absolutely. Yes. My pleasure. | 当然 好的 荣幸之至 |
[10:45] | And remember, this deal is highly confidential. | 记住 这桩交易是绝密 |
[10:47] | If anything leaks, the deal is done. | 如果走漏了风声 交易就泡汤了 |
[10:50] | If this gets out, I will fucking tear up your license myself. | 谁要敢泄露消息 我会亲手撕了他的执业证 |
[10:54] | We have billable hours. Let’s work. Come on. | 我们可是按时间收费的 快开始干活吧 |
[10:57] | He’s talking about you. | 他说的是你 |
[10:59] | He looked at me? | 他朝我这看了吗? |
[11:02] | This will be fun. | 这下有意思了 |
[11:04] | Why don’t you run that NDA by me before the meeting? | 开会前给我看一遍你的保密协议 |
[11:06] | Sure, Dan. Should I tell you when I take a shit too? | 好啊 丹 我拉屎也要跟你汇报吗? |
[11:09] | Oh, vulgar. Come on, Yun. Don’t be like that. | 真粗俗 拜托 允 别这样 |
[11:11] | One of us has to run point, and Marty called on me first, so… | 我俩总得有个人牵头 而刚才马蒂先找的我 所以… |
[11:15] | I look forward to reviewing that NDA. | 我很期待校阅你的保密协议 |
[11:20] | -Did he just call you a paralegal? | 他刚刚那是把你当律师助理了吗? |
[11:22] | Sometimes I just wanna punch Dan Fallon in his smug, entitled face. | 有时候我真想一拳打烂 丹法伦那张自以为是的脸 |
[11:27] | Welcome to the jungle, London. | 欢迎来到弱肉强食的世界 |
[11:29] | Oh, don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[11:30] | -I can see who the real competition is. | 我看得出谁才是真正的对手 |
[11:42] | Justin, they’re coming soon. Get off your phone. | 贾斯汀 他们就快来了 放下手机 |
[11:46] | You’re early. | 您提前到了 |
[11:47] | If you’re early, you’re on time. If you’re on time, you’re late. | 提前等于准时 踩点等于迟到 |
[11:50] | Punctuality is a virtue. | 守时是一种美德 |
[11:51] | Ted Lassiter. | 我是泰德拉希特 |
[11:52] | Hey. Um, Justin Coleman. | 你好 我是贾斯汀科曼 |
[11:55] | Justin, nice to see you. | 贾斯汀 幸会 |
[11:57] | When you get a sec, can we get some Pellegrino brought up? | 劳烦给我们拿点气泡水过来好吗? |
[12:00] | Of course. Justin, please call dining services and let them know. | 当然 贾斯汀 请致电通知餐饮服务部 |
[12:03] | Yeah. | 好 |
[12:05] | Well, shoot. | 唉呀 这下尴尬了 |
[12:06] | Ingrid Yun. I’m the senior associate on the deal. | 我是高级律师英格丽允 幸会 泰德 |
[12:08] | It’s great to meet you, Ted. | |
[12:10] | Ted Lassiter. No hard feelings, I hope. | 泰德拉希特 希望你不要介意 |
[12:12] | You just don’t look a day over 18 to me. You folks are lucky that way, right? | 因为你看起来就像个18岁的小姑娘 这对你们女孩子来说是好事吧? 这是我的法律总顾问 马克崔纳 |
[12:16] | -This is my general counsel. | |
[12:18] | That’s Mark Traynor. | |
[12:19] | -Ted. -Marty! | -泰德 -马蒂! |
[12:21] | -Good to see you. | -Good to see you. -很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你 |
[12:23] | How are you, Mark? This is Dan Fallon, senior associate. | 你好吗 马克?这是高级律师丹法伦 |
[12:25] | -Hi. -Hi, Dan. | -你好 -你好 丹 |
[12:27] | You’ve met Ingrid Yun. Brought my best and my brightest for you. | 这是英格丽允 你已经见过了 我为你挑选了律所的顶尖人才 |
[12:30] | Shall we? | 我们开始吧? |
[12:33] | Ted, when I was on MacKenzie, I ran so many Liquid Natural Gas models, | 泰德 我在万信工作时 运算过很多液化气的模型 |
[12:36] | I was dreaming accretion and dilution analysis in my sleep. | 做梦都在分析每股收益得失 |
[12:41] | It always helps to have someone who knows how we run the numbers. | 有个了解我们数字运作的人在 可真是太好了 |
[12:44] | So, what’s happening with their top execs? | 那边的高管人员有什么反应? |
[12:46] | Most of ’em are parachuting out, | 大部分都跳槽了 |
[12:48] | but we are mainly interested in keeping Jack Barstow on. | 但我们只要杰克巴斯托能留下来就行 |
[12:52] | -Franklin Min’s right-hand man. -That’s right | -富兰克林闵的左右手 -没错 |
[12:55] | Barstow spent three years slaving away | 巴斯托苦心经营了三年 才让海上钻井平台开始运作 |
[12:57] | to get their offshore drilling ops running. | |
[12:59] | And now he learns old man Min’s lookin’ to sell? | 如今却得知老闵要卖公司? |
[13:01] | I bet he’s pissed. | 我猜他一定很生气 |
[13:02] | Barstow was seen meeting with Ken Fox of Chevron on Monday. | 有人看见巴斯托 周一面见了雪佛龙的肯福克斯 |
[13:06] | If you want Barstow, we definitely need a key-man provision. | 要想留住巴斯托 就得拟定关键人条款 |
[13:09] | What’d I tell you, Ted? The best and the brightest. | 我没骗你吧 泰德?顶级精英 |
[13:16] | -It’s a problem. -There’s no problems here today. | -这是个问题 -今天在这里完全没问题 |
[13:19] | I know you’re new, | 我知道你是新来的 但律师助理应该坐在墙边而不是桌边 |
[13:20] | but paralegals are supposed to sit by the wall, not at the table. | |
[13:23] | Okay. Whatever. | 好 随便吧 |
[13:25] | Ted, your junior year game against the Bulldogs is legendary. | 泰德 你大三时 跟斗牛犬队的那场比赛真是太传奇了 |
[13:29] | Five goals, four assists, six caused turnovers. | 五次进球 四次助攻 六次造失误 |
[13:31] | -You play? -I was a midfielder. | -你也打球? -我是中场队员 |
[13:33] | -Gerri Hayes was our head coach. -No kidding. | -杰瑞海斯是我们的主教练 -真的假的? |
[13:35] | Gerri was our assistant coach back in the day. | 杰瑞当时是我们的助理教练 |
[13:38] | Gerry’s my man. | 我跟杰瑞是好哥们 |
[13:39] | He actually retired a few years ago. But I see him every year at the game. | 他几年前退休了 但我每年都会跟他一起看比赛 |
[13:42] | -Well, say hi to him for me. -Will do. | -替我向他问好 -没问题 |
[13:45] | All right. Go Crimson. | 好吧 绯红队加油 |
[13:50] | “Go Crimson.” | “绯红队加油” |
[13:59] | Do you think Marty will be at the first-year drinks? | 你觉得马蒂 会参加一年级律师的酒会吗? |
[14:01] | Don’t change the subject. Jeff Murphy doesn’t remember you? | 别转移话题 杰夫墨菲不记得你了? |
[14:04] | If he does, he’s not letting on. | 就算记得 他也没表现出来 |
[14:06] | Are we talking about Mr. Pineapple Marzipan? | 你们是在聊菠萝杏仁酱先生吗? |
[14:08] | Be careful with that one, Ing. | 你可长点心吧 小英子 |
[14:10] | Wait. What? Just this morning you were all about true love and soulmates. | 怎么?你今天早上 还一直跟我说真爱、灵魂伴侣呢 |
[14:13] | Before I learned he was pretending not to remember. | 那是在他假装不记得你之前 |
[14:15] | I don’t care if he’s the devil. | 我才不管他是不是渣男呢 |
[14:17] | When’s the last time our girl’s been hot and bothered? | 你什么时候见她这么心烦意乱过了? |
[14:19] | When she found out she could take Trusts and Estates and IP as a 2L. | 发现法学二年级可以选修 信托财产和知识产权课的时候 |
[14:22] | Or when they extended the library hours to 24/7? | 或者图书馆延长到全天开门的时候? |
[14:24] | Or when the Law Review went monthly instead of quarterly? | 《法律评论》从季刊改为月刊的时候 |
[14:27] | Or when the Law Rev– | 或者是《法律评… |
[14:28] | Okay, okay, okay! I get it. | 好啦!我懂你们的意思 |
[14:29] | But he doesn’t remember, | 但他根本不记得我了 |
[14:31] | so even if I wanted to, it’s clear he doesn’t feel the same. | 就算我想怎么样 他也没那个意思 我需要喝一杯 |
[14:35] | Ugh, I need a drink. | |
[14:48] | Hi, Javi. | 你好 哈维 |
[14:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:52] | Ingrid. Such an old-fashioned name. | 英格丽 真是个老派的名字 |
[14:57] | My parents saw Casablanca on their first date. | 我父母初次约会时 一起看了《卡萨布兰卡》 |
[15:00] | So you’re a workaholic and a romantic. | 所以你既是工作狂 又是一个浪漫主义者 |
[15:03] | The film’s about doing the right thing. | 电影的主旨是要人做正确的事 |
[15:05] | We’re in M&A. Not a lot of room for that sort of thing. | 我们身在并购团队 那种东西没有容身之地 |
[15:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:11] | So you’re a cynic. | 看来你挺愤世嫉俗啊 |
[15:12] | Idealism doesn’t pay the rent. | 理想主义没法帮你支付房租 |
[15:14] | So you’re in it for the money. | 所以你当律师是为了钱? |
[15:16] | What else? | 不然呢? |
[15:19] | What? | 怎么了? |
[15:22] | Like you need it. | 你又不差钱 得了吧 墨菲 你夏天不是常在肯特度假吗?就像… |
[15:23] | Oh Come on, Murphy. You summer in Kent just like… | |
[15:27] | just like him. | 像他一样 |
[15:29] | I know. What’s this world coming to? | 是啊 现在这世道都成什么样了啊? |
[15:33] | I’m nothing like him, Ingrid. | 我跟他不一样 英格丽 |
[15:37] | I’ve always been on the outside looking in. | 我一直都被排挤在外 |
[15:40] | Just like you. | 就像你一样 |
[15:47] | Tell me, why are you in law? | 告诉我 你为什么做律师? |
[15:52] | -Laws are what we value. -Mm-hmm. | 没有规矩 不成方圆 |
[15:54] | Murder is bad. | 谋杀是恶行 偷窃是劣迹 |
[15:56] | Stealing is bad. | |
[15:57] | Forgetting people you met at a wedding is bad. | 忘记自己在婚礼上遇到的人也很恶劣 |
[15:59] | Is that illegal in the States? | 这在美国是违法的吗? |
[16:02] | It should be. | 它应该是 (弗朗欣 你知道太阳集团的事吗?) 弗朗欣 天啊 这名字比英格丽还老套 |
[16:08] | Francine. Jesus, it’s more old-fashioned than Ingrid. | |
[16:11] | And reading other people’s texts is definitely illegal. | 偷看别人短信绝对是违法的 |
[16:17] | London. | 伦敦小子 |
[16:25] | See you around, Miss Bergman. | 回头见 褒曼小姐 |
[16:35] | -Can I get an Old-Fashioned? -Yep. | -请给我来杯古典鸡尾酒 -好的 |
[16:38] | You look way too nice to be friends with Dan. | 你看起来很友善 不像是丹的朋友 智者善于从敌人身上取长补短 |
[16:41] | The wise learn the most from their enemies. | |
[16:44] | Are you a philosopher or a lawyer? | 你到底是哲学家还是律师呀? |
[16:47] | Yes. | 没错 |
[16:50] | You… you remind me of a professor I had. | 你让我想起一个教授 |
[16:52] | He was into philosophy and law. | 他也爱好哲学和法律 |
[16:54] | Thomas Nagel. | 托马斯内格尔 |
[16:55] | Wait. The Thomas Nagel? | 慢着 是那个托马斯内格尔吗? |
[16:57] | -You know him? | 你认识他? |
[16:59] | He was my thesis advisor on new theories of the mind, starting with his essay– | 他是我在新兴心智理论课题上的 论文导师 自从看了他那篇论文… |
[17:03] | -“What Is It Like to Be a Bat?” -Yes! | -《身为蝙蝠是什么感觉?》? -对! |
[17:07] | I was obsessed with the mind-body problem. | 我对心身问题很感兴趣 |
[17:11] | Nick Laren. | 我是尼克拉伦 |
[17:14] | Ingrid Yun. | 英格丽允 |
[17:16] | So, uh, wha… what is it like to be Ingrid Yun? | 那么 身为英格丽允是什么感觉? 问题就在这里 |
[17:19] | Hmm. That’s the problem. | |
[17:21] | No matter how close you and I ever get, | 无论你和我能发展到多么亲密 |
[17:24] | you can never truly know what it’s like to be me. | 你永远无法得知 成为我是什么感觉 |
[17:26] | -Or I you. -Right. | -反之亦然 -没错 |
[17:28] | The red I see will never be the same red you see, so why bother? | 你我眼中的红色从来都不尽相同 所以何必自寻烦恼呢? |
[17:32] | Right. I’ve no way of knowing if my brain isn’t in a vat somewhere | 是啊 也许我的大脑 其实在某处的一个大桶里 |
[17:35] | and all thisisn’t just some simulation. | 而眼前这一切只不过是虚拟的场景呢 |
[17:38] | I had a serious case of solipsism in college. | 我上大学时 曾一度深受唯我主义的困扰 |
[17:40] | That was before I realized we’re all here by sheer happenstance, | 但后来我意识到 所有人的存在都是纯属巧合 |
[17:43] | an accident of string theory, a hiccup on a probability function. | 是弦理论下的一次偶然 概率函数中的一个小问题 |
[17:47] | But I tell myself, in the face of the heat death of the universe | 但我告诉自己 哪怕宇宙面临热寂 |
[17:50] | that we must supply our own light and our own wine. | 也要点亮自己的人生 还要有美酒作伴 |
[17:54] | -I’ll drink to that. | 说得好 我敬你 (贾斯汀科曼 什么是知识产权协议?) |
[18:05] | Sorry. Back to the salt mines. | 抱歉 我得回去打工了 |
[18:07] | Hey. So I know that free will is just an illusion, | 那个 我知道自由意志只是一个幻觉 |
[18:10] | but what are you doing Friday? | 不过 你周五有安排吗? |
[18:13] | Hopefully not babysitting my paralegal. | 但愿不用照看我的助理 |
[18:16] | I’m going to a thing at the Plaza. Would you like to join me? | 我要去参加广场酒店的晚宴 你想一起吗? |
[18:20] | Oh, um… | |
[18:26] | Yes. I’d love to. | 好啊 乐意奉陪 |
[18:28] | Great. | 太好了 |
[18:30] | See you Friday. | 周五见 |
[18:31] | -Great. -If the simulation doesn’t crash before. | -好 -如果这个虚拟现实没有崩塌的话 |
[18:34] | -Right. | 对 |
[19:08] | Ingrid, have you heard from Marlena? | 英格丽 你有玛莉娜的消息吗? |
[19:11] | I called three times, but she didn’t pick up. | 我给她打了三通电话都没人接 |
[19:13] | I just want to be sure she’s okay. | 我就想确认一下她平安无事 |
[19:18] | Hey. It’s Lina. Leave a message. | 嘿 我是莉娜 请留言 |
[19:20] | -Namaste, bitches. | 合十敬礼 婊贝们 |
[19:23] | Hey. It’s me. Mom’s worried about you. | 喂 是我 妈妈很担心你 |
[19:26] | Just let her know you’re okay. | 给她报个平安吧 (莉娜 我很好 忙着呢) (英格丽 你给妈妈回电话了吗?) |
[19:49] | So next, what is a MAC clause? | 那么接下来 什么是MAC条款? |
[19:52] | A MAC clause is a Material Adverse Change clause. | MAC条款 即“重大不利变化”条款 |
[19:55] | It’s a change in circumstance that affects a bargain after the deal is signed, | 适用于在交易签署日 和最终交割日之间 |
[19:59] | but before it’s been closed. | 发生的重大变化 (并购科学 关于条款书的考量) 比如禁令的颁布、新税法的实施 或者管制条例的变更… |
[20:01] | Something like an embargo, or a new tax law, or a regulatory change… | |
[20:09] | I want all the phase-one and phase-two reports. | 我要所有的一期和二期报告 |
[20:11] | The full set, not abridged. | 要完整的 不要精简版 |
[20:13] | The IP agreements and the lease and will docs too. | 还有知识产权协议、租约和遗嘱文件 |
[20:16] | Why aren’t you writing this down? | 你怎么不写下来? |
[20:22] | Sorry to interrupt. Your mother’s on the line. Sounds urgent. | 打扰一下 你妈妈来电话了 似乎有急事 |
[20:25] | I’ve put her through on your cell. | 我帮她接通你的手机了 |
[20:31] | Mom, we texted yesterday. | 妈 我们昨天发过短信了 |
[20:33] | Have you actually talked to her? | 你跟她说上话了吗? |
[20:35] | No, but… | 没有 但是… |
[20:36] | No one has talked to her in three days, Ingrid. | 她已经三天没跟人说过话了 英格丽 |
[20:40] | Okay. I’ll check on her. | 好 我去找她 |
[20:48] | I want those docs by one o’clock. | 1点之前把所有文件交给我 |
[20:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 女士 |
[20:58] | Hey, it’s me. Again. | 嘿 又是我 |
[21:01] | Look, I’m outside your building. If you don’t call me back in 5 minutes… | 我在你楼下 限你五分钟之内给我回电话… |
[21:16] | Where are you? Text me you’re alive, or I’ll have to tell Mom. | 你跑哪去了?没死的话给我回短信 不然我告诉妈妈了 |
[21:20] | If you’re on time, you’re late. | 踩点等于迟到 |
[21:22] | Marty Adler dropped by. | 马蒂艾德勒来过了 |
[21:24] | -When? -An hour ago. | -什么时候? -一小时前 |
[21:25] | I told him you’d be right back, but I think he went looking for Dan. | 我跟他说你很快就回来 但他还是去找丹了 |
[21:33] | He shoots! He shoots! | 他投篮了! |
[21:38] | Go fetch. | 来抢球啊 |
[21:39] | I wanna be a baller, man. | 我也想打球 哥们 |
[21:41] | He shoots! He shoots! | 他投篮了! |
[21:43] | Aw, Yun, that was a perfect three-pointer. | 允 刚才那是个完美的三分球啊 |
[21:46] | -Did Marty stop by? -Yeah. You just missed him. | -马蒂来过吗? -对 你刚好错过了 |
[21:49] | What did he want? | 他有什么事? |
[21:50] | Just checking in, running through any potential red flags. | 就是过来看看 处理可能存在的问题 |
[21:54] | I thought that was the two o’clock. | 不是说好2点讨论的吗? |
[21:56] | Yeah. We just did it over lunch. | 对 但我们在午饭时间搞定了 |
[21:59] | -So what were the red flags? -You know, land lease stuff… | -那都有哪些问题? -关于土地租赁的呗… |
[22:02] | Blah, blah, blah. | |
[22:03] | He was interested in what could come outta left field. | 马蒂在意所有可能出现的意外状况 |
[22:05] | Did he mean “intangibles” like “goodwill” assets? | 是指商誉之类的无形资产吗? |
[22:08] | The Mins have a very valuable brand | 闵氏的品牌价值不菲 |
[22:10] | and great relationships with their suppliers. | 跟供应商的关系也很好 |
[22:12] | Ball. | 球 |
[22:14] | Relax. I got it covered. | 放轻松 交给我就好 |
[22:16] | You know that Plaza thing you’re going to with Nick tomorrow night? | 你明天不是要和尼克去参加晚宴吗? |
[22:20] | I asked Rachel to go with me, and she flat-out said no. | 我邀请瑞秋跟我一起去 被她无情拒绝了 |
[22:22] | Is it because I’m not Jewish? | 就因为我不是犹太人吗? |
[22:24] | It’s because you’re an arrogant ass, Dan. | 因为你是个傲慢自大的混蛋 |
[22:26] | Yeah. Women love that. | 对 女人就爱这一款 |
[22:29] | She likes the artsy type. | 她喜欢文艺型的 |
[22:31] | I don’t know, maybe we’re attracted to what we wanna be, but we aren’t. | 我不知道 也许人都会 被自己想要成为的样子吸引吧 |
[22:35] | Speaking of which, you have an awesome dress for tomorrow, right? | 说到这个 你准备好 明天要穿的漂亮裙子了吧? |
[22:38] | I was gonna go out and buy one, but it’s tight. We have Sun Corp tomorrow. | 我原本打算去买一条 但时间太紧 我们明天要去太阳集团 |
[22:41] | Like I said, Yun, relax. | 我说了 允 放轻松 |
[22:45] | I got it covered. | 交给我就好 |
[22:46] | I’m coming for you! Hey! | 我来了!嘿! |
[22:49] | MVP, back in the game! | 最有价值球员 重回赛场! |
[22:50] | All right, all right, all right. Check it up, check it up. | 好的 准备好喽 |
[22:59] | Sorry, Marty. Didn’t mean to interrupt. | 抱歉 我无意打扰 |
[23:01] | I just wanted to drop off the executed NDA. Sorry I missed– | 就是来送签好的保密协议 对不起 我之前不在… |
[23:04] | Lassiter is moving tomorrow up to00 a.m. Is that gonna be a problem? | 拉希特把明天的见面会 提前到早上9点了 没问题吧? |
[23:10] | No. No problem. | 没问题 |
[23:11] | Be around later if I need you? | 今天晚点下班?我可能有事找你 |
[23:13] | -Yes. I’ll be here all night. -Good. | -好 我会待一整晚 -很好 |
[23:15] | Anytime, Marty. | 随时恭候 马蒂 |
[23:16] | Roberta? | 萝伯塔? 英格丽 你好 |
[23:26] | I’m sorry. I can’t make it tomorrow. | 对不起 我明天去不了了 |
[23:29] | Aw, you got a better offer? | 你有更好的安排了? |
[23:32] | Damn. That Tom Nagel does know how to cut a rug. | 天啊 那个汤姆内格尔 跳舞跳得可好了 |
[23:35] | Just come out for an hour. | 就过来待一个小时吧 |
[23:36] | I’ll have you back at the office before you can say “epistemology.” | 我保证在你还没开始谈“认识论”之前 就把你送回去 |
[23:40] | I’d love to, but I’m sorry. | 我也很想去 但是没办法 抱歉 |
[23:44] | I really am. | 真的 |
[23:46] | Look, um… | 听着 |
[23:48] | …we… we at the philosophy department have very specific taste. | 我们哲学系的人 品味是很独特的 |
[23:52] | You’d be surprised how hard it is | 说来可能你都难以置信 |
[23:53] | to find someone so conversant in mind-body theory, so… | 要找到一个熟悉心身理论的人 简直难比登天 |
[23:57] | we won’t be filling the position with any other candidates. | 所以不会有其他任何人顶替你的位置 |
[24:00] | If you change your mind, swing by. | 如果你改变主意了 过来看看吧 |
[24:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[24:46] | In the context of lending transactions, | 在借贷交易中 |
[24:49] | a clause which acts as a catch-all provision | 包罗条款的设置使得贷方 |
[24:51] | and aims to allow the lender to call a default | 可以在特定情况下合理违约 |
[24:53] | if there’s an adverse change in the borrower’s position or circumstance… | 例如借方的境况 发生严重不利的转变… |
[25:01] | Ted, Mark brought me up to speed about your budgetary concerns. | 泰德 马克向我说明了 你在预算方面的顾虑 |
[25:04] | I had two senior associates on the matter | 基于这点 我的两位高级律师 |
[25:06] | to make sure we were steering the ship correctly. | 会为我们保驾护航 确保无虞 |
[25:08] | But going forward, we will keep just one. | 但之后的工作 我们只需要保留其一 |
[25:12] | -Much appreciated. -So… | -非常感谢 马蒂 -那么… |
[25:14] | For starters, I think we should add in language about intangible goodwill assets. | 首先 我认为我们应该加入 对商誉这一无形资产的考量 |
[25:18] | Min’s brand is very valuable and they have good relationships with key suppliers. | 闵氏具有品牌价值 而且跟主要供应商的关系良好 |
[25:22] | Good idea. Thank you, Dan. | 好主意 谢谢你 丹 |
[25:27] | I don’t see a MAC clause. A Material Adverse Change clause. | 我认为需要加入重大不利变化条款 |
[25:31] | It’s a change in circumstance that affects a bargain | 以防在交易签署日和最终交割日之间 |
[25:33] | after a deal’s signed, but before it’s closed. | 出现会影响交易的变化 |
[25:35] | Something like an embargo, or a new tax law, or regulatory change. | 例如禁令的颁布、新税法的实施 或管制规定的改变 |
[25:38] | It’s always good to have a well-defined MAC clause. | 加入清楚明确的MAC条款 有备无患 说到管制规定 |
[25:43] | Mm-hmm. And speaking of regulatory, | |
[25:45] | my buddy, Winston, is actually at the Department of Energy, in fossil fuels. | 我有一个叫温斯顿的兄弟 在能源部工作 |
[25:48] | Winston and I were in the Spee together. | 我们以前都是哈佛SPEE社团的 |
[25:50] | He’s a very good friend, | 他是我朋友 |
[25:51] | and it never hurts to have a friendly face at the DOE. | 在能源部有个人脉没什么坏处 |
[25:54] | Well, that could be very valuable indeed. | 嗯 而且可能是很宝贵的资源 |
[25:57] | Of course, that would all have to be official. | 当然 必须是公开正式的往来 |
[26:00] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:01] | Okay. I think it makes sense to have Dan stay on and run point. | 好吧 这么看来 由丹来主导跟进再合适不过了 |
[26:04] | Thank you, Yun. So we have a few… | 谢谢你 允 我们有几个… |
[26:07] | Thank you, Yun. | 谢谢了 允 |
[26:09] | I wanna get into the stock price. | 我想谈谈股票价格 |
[26:11] | I wanna get into the shell corporations, | 以及空壳公司和石油业务方面的问题 |
[26:13] | I wanna get into the oil business. | |
[26:21] | You stole my idea. “Intangibles”? “Goodwill assets”? | 你窃取了我的想法 “无形资产”?“商誉”? |
[26:24] | You cheated. | 你这是作弊 |
[26:26] | Not really. | 不算是 |
[26:27] | Just different rules. | 只是行事规则不同而已 抱歉 我刚看到你的短信 |
[26:47] | Hey. Sorry, just got your text. | |
[26:51] | I’m off the Sun Corp deal. | 我丢了太阳集团的案子 |
[26:53] | Dan won. | 丹赢了 |
[26:55] | Fair play or lacrosse? | 是公平竞争吗? |
[26:56] | He’s got some Finals Club buddy who works at the Department of Energy. | 他有一个在终极俱乐部认识的朋友 目前在能源部工作 |
[27:00] | Sun Corp was my ticket to making partner. | -太阳集团可是我升合伙人的门票啊 -很遗憾 |
[27:02] | I’m sorry, Ing. | |
[27:04] | -Maybe next year. -We both know it’s up-or-out here. | -要不等明年吧 -我俩都知道 这地方优胜劣汰 |
[27:06] | If I don’t make partner, everyone will know I couldn’t cut it. | 如果我不能成为合伙人 所有人都会认为我难当大任 |
[27:09] | I can’t just lateral over to another firm. | 我不可能平行跳槽到其他律所 |
[27:11] | I’ll be like Tara Grottaglia and go in-house at a urinary-device company. | 我会像塔拉格塔莉亚一样 沦为某个站尿用具公司的内部人员 |
[27:14] | I’ll be… I’ll be nobody. | 一个无名小卒 我要怎样才能在这里 出人头地啊?跟丹法伦学吗? |
[27:16] | Ugh! I mean, who do I have to be to win here? Dan Fallon? | |
[27:19] | I play the game as well as he does. Better. | 我的业务能力不比他差 我比他强 然而这里的游戏规则似乎不太一样 |
[27:22] | Turns out they play by different rules. | |
[27:24] | I get it, Ing. | 我懂你 小英子 |
[27:26] | You know I do. | 你知道我懂的 |
[27:27] | Oh God. | 天啊 |
[27:33] | I’ve wanted this more than anything. | 我做梦都想当上合伙人啊 |
[27:38] | Ever since I first saw New York. | 自从我看到纽约的那一刻起 |
[27:42] | What am I supposed to do? | 我该怎么办? |
[27:45] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:47] | But look on the bright side. | 但是往好的一面看 |
[27:50] | You’re free to have fun tonight with us at the Plaza. | 你今晚可以跟我们一起赴宴了 |
[27:55] | I canceled. | 我已经取消约会了 |
[27:57] | -And I don’t have a dress. | 况且我没有合适的裙子 |
[27:59] | Guess who I’m calling? | 猜猜我要给谁打电话? |
[28:11] | I do live for this. I’m moving for this. | 这条深得我心 我推荐这条 |
[28:13] | -Okay. -Let’s do this one. | -好 -试试这条吧 |
[28:15] | -Well, I don’t like that. -But we must do– | -我不喜欢 -但还得… |
[28:17] | That! Yes, yes. | 那条!对 |
[28:18] | We must do a pink. | 还得试条粉色的 |
[28:20] | Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. | 对 |
[28:22] | -I love this. -Me too. | 我喜欢这条 |
[28:23] | -Drama. Audrey Hepburn vibe. -Oh my God. | -浮夸风 奥黛丽赫本的风格 -天啊 |
[28:27] | Ooh! | |
[28:28] | Oh my God. You can. | 天啊 这个可以有 |
[28:31] | Okay. Bye. | 好吧 回见 |
[28:36] | -I love a shoulder moment. -I live for this. | -我喜欢这个露肩膀的设计 -超赞 |
[28:38] | I love it. | 好看 咱们的小姑娘长大了 |
[28:40] | Oh, our little girl’s growing up. | |
[28:42] | Way to break a dry spell with not one, but two smoke shows. | 一下来了两个大帅哥 打破她平淡无奇的感情生活 |
[28:45] | Well, I’m Team Nick. I’d love to get his sweet Loro Piana all up in a bunch. | 我支持尼克 他穿那身诺悠翩雅真是秀色可餐 |
[28:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:49] | Wait. So no one’s Team Marzipan? | 等一下 没人支持杏仁酱先生吗? 他啊… |
[28:51] | -Eh… -I mean… | |
[28:56] | Um… | |
[29:07] | -You’re going home alone. -Oh my God. | -穿这身没人会搭理你 -天啊 |
[29:09] | -Stunning. -Looking like that, I’d say option C. | -惊艳 -我看就这条了吧 |
[29:12] | Team “All of the Above.” | -我附议 绝对的 -特别好 |
[29:13] | -I love it. -Absolutely. | |
[29:15] | -That’s beautiful. -It’s so perfect. | -美极了 -简直完美 |
[29:17] | That’s how you get a man. | 绝对把男人迷得神魂颠倒 |
[29:44] | Is this your business casual? | 这是你的商务休闲装吗? |
[29:47] | I’m happy you decided to come. | 你能来 我很高兴 |
[29:49] | Yeah. I am too. | 我也是 (青年赞助人年度舞会) |
[30:04] | Look, there’s Nick. | 看 尼克来了 |
[30:05] | Great party, Nick. | 很棒的派对 尼克 |
[30:07] | -Lovely party, Nick. -Is this your party? | -派对不错 尼克 -这是你办的派对? |
[30:10] | I’m a… I’m a host. | 我是主办人之一 |
[30:18] | Ingrid. | 英格丽 尼克 这位是弗朗欣林登霍夫 她是《金融时报》的记者 |
[30:19] | Oh. | |
[30:20] | Nick, this is Francine Lindenhoff. She writes for the Financial Times. | |
[30:23] | -Oh hey. -Still no comment? | -你好 -还是不予置评吗? |
[30:25] | -About what? -Excuse me… | 关于什么? |
[30:27] | Ingrid, please excuse me. | 英格丽 失陪一下 |
[30:29] | I’m running a piece Monday. Sun Corp’s bidding for Min. | 我周一要报道 太阳集团投标闵氏的新闻 |
[30:32] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[30:33] | Ted Lassiter was seen entering Park Avenue Plaza twice this week. | 有人看见泰德拉希特 这周去了两次公园大道办公楼 |
[30:36] | Maybe he likes artisanal espresso in the lobby. | 也许他爱喝大堂里的特浓咖啡吧 |
[30:39] | What makes you think I’d be on the deal? | 你为什么觉得我在办这个案子? |
[30:41] | You were point on Parsons’ last energy case. | 帕森上一个能源公司的案子 是由你主导的 |
[30:43] | Francine, everyone knows Sun Corp’s been sniffing around Min for years. | 弗朗欣 众所周知 太阳集团多年来一直对闵氏虎视眈眈 |
[30:47] | It’s not news. | 这不是新闻了 |
[30:48] | You’ll need a little more than that for a headline. | 就凭这些料 你拿不下头条 |
[30:50] | Come on, Ingrid. We can help each other out. | 好啦 英格丽 我们可以互相帮衬嘛 |
[30:52] | I’m a good friend to have. | 我是个值得一交的朋友 |
[30:54] | There you are. | 你来啦 |
[30:57] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[31:00] | Hey. At least you had time to get that dress. | 嘿 至少你有时间去买裙子了 |
[31:03] | I did you a favor with Sun Corp. | 太阳集团的事 你还得谢谢我呢 |
[31:06] | Saved you from 100-hour work weeks. Is that what you really want? | 帮你省了100个小时的工作 你真想那么操劳吗? |
[31:10] | Look. | 你看啊 |
[31:11] | We’re gonna be 30 this year. | 今年我们就30岁了 |
[31:15] | You’re definitely not a bakkushan. | 你绝对称不上是恐龙 |
[31:18] | Use it before you lose it. | 趁着还年轻 好好把握吧 |
[31:30] | Tyler, does your boyfriend, Anthony, get invited to everything? | 泰勒 你男朋友安东尼 什么活动都会受邀参加吗? |
[31:33] | -Life of a politician. -And his fabulous plus-ones. | -政客嘛 -而且他要塑造公众形象啊 |
[31:36] | -Smile and say, “five million followers.” -Oh! Oh, hey! | 微笑说:“五百万粉丝” 嘿! |
[32:03] | “Faust and Mephistopheles”? | 《浮士德与梅菲斯托菲勒斯》? |
[32:05] | So what would you sell your soul for? | 你会为了什么出卖灵魂? |
[32:08] | Maybe a kiss? | 也许…一个吻? |
[32:16] | You know, “Lucifer” actually means “bringer of light.” | 路西法其实是“光之使者”的意思 |
[32:19] | Because meeting the devil illuminates the darkness within ourselves. | 因为邂逅恶魔 会点亮我们内心的黑暗 |
[32:26] | -I love that we’re both nerds. | 我们都是书呆子 太配了 |
[32:45] | Murphy. I see you already know your way around town. | 墨菲 看来你已经熟悉这座城市了呢 |
[32:48] | Oh, I’d never miss a chance to see you in a pretty dress. | 我不会错过看你穿礼服裙的机会 |
[32:51] | Blue or pink. | 无论蓝色还是粉色 尼克拉伦 杰夫墨菲 |
[32:58] | Nick Laren, Jeff Murphy. | |
[33:02] | We work together. | 我们是同事 |
[33:03] | -Pleasure. This is Christina. -Oh. | 幸会 这是克里斯蒂娜 |
[33:06] | Are you having a good time? | 玩得还开心吗? |
[33:07] | For the price of entry, | 入场费这么贵 |
[33:09] | I would have at least hoped that the bubbly was vintage, but no go. | 我还以为能喝到上等的香槟呢 可惜事与愿违 |
[33:11] | Oh I’m sure we can manage that. | 这个不成问题 |
[33:13] | Thanks, but, honestly, I think we might bounce. | 多谢 但老实说 我们可能要先走了 |
[33:16] | This soirée’s a little too self-satisfied even for me. | 这晚会到处透着洋洋自得的氛围 连我都有点吃不消 |
[33:21] | Nick is actually one of the hosts. | 尼克是主办人之一 |
[33:23] | Oh really? So I can complain to you directly about your taste in music. | 真的吗?那我不妨 当面吐槽你的音乐品味了 |
[33:26] | Well, if you like, join the host committee next year, | 若你有兴趣的话 可以加入明年的主办委员会 |
[33:29] | then you can ensure the entertainment and food are up to your standards. | 那你就能亲自确保 娱乐节目和餐饮的水准了 |
[33:32] | For a nominal donation, of course. | 当然 只要提供小额捐赠就可以 |
[33:35] | Hmm. | |
[33:38] | Oh, I hope the chocolate’s not too self-satisfied for you. | 但愿这个巧克力 不会让你觉得它洋洋自得 |
[33:45] | Mmm. | |
[33:48] | Marzipan. | 杏仁酱 |
[33:53] | So, Ingrid. | 那么 英格丽 |
[33:55] | You having a good time? | 你玩得开心吗? |
[33:59] | Actually, I’m having a great time. | 其实 我很享受 |
[34:02] | Come on. I wanna dance. | 来吧 我想去跳舞 |
[34:05] | Have fun. | 玩得开心点 |
[35:07] | I’m so thirsty. I’ll be right back. | 我口渴了 去去就回 (英格丽 莉娜 你好吗?你在哪儿呢?) (莉娜) |
[35:21] | -Upsy-daisy. -Sorry. Here. Let me help you. | -哎呀 -抱歉 我扶你起来 谢谢 |
[35:24] | Thanks. | |
[35:26] | Winston Keil. Buddy of Nick Laren’s. | 我叫温斯顿基尔 是尼克拉伦的朋友 你俩怎么认识的? |
[35:29] | Oh, how do you know Nick? | |
[35:31] | Went to school together. | 我们是老同学 |
[35:32] | Then worked for his dad before I went to the Department of Energy. | 我去能源部之前 还在他爸手下工作过一段时间 |
[35:35] | Winston. Department of… | 温斯顿 能源…你认识丹法伦吗? 丹是我哥们 他正为了 太阳集团的交易案火力全开呢 |
[35:37] | Do you know Dan Fallon? | |
[35:38] | Dan’s my man. He’s on fire with this Sun Corp deal. | |
[35:43] | -You know about it. -All 2.9 billion of it. | -你知道这事啊 -29亿呢 我全知道 |
[35:48] | But you didn’t hear it from me. | 不过 我可什么都没告诉你哦 |
[35:51] | Hear what? | 告诉我什么? |
[35:53] | It was nice meeting you, but I got a thirsty lady waiting. | 很高兴见到你 但那边还有位小姐等着跟我喝一杯呢 |
[35:59] | Thanks for your help. | 感谢帮忙 |
[36:01] | My pleasure. | 不客气 |
[36:05] | Francine. | 弗朗欣 |
[36:11] | Nick, I’m so sorry, but I have to go. | 尼克 对不起 我得走了 |
[36:13] | Well, I promise my hip-hop’s better. | 我保证我放的嘻哈音乐会更好听 |
[36:15] | No. It’s just I… I have to work. | 不是 我有工作要干 |
[36:16] | I’ll walk you out. | 我送你出去 |
[36:18] | It’s okay. You’re a host, so host. | 不用了 你是主办人 好好主持舞会吧 |
[36:26] | Well, that was worth the price. | 有这一吻 我今夜无憾了 |
[37:05] | He knew the purchase price. | 他知道买价 |
[37:06] | If that gets out before the term sheet’s signed… | 如果这消息 在投资意向书签订前泄露出去… |
[37:08] | He was drunk. It won’t come out. | 他喝醉了 不会有事的 |
[37:10] | But if it leaks, there won’t be a deal. | 但万一他说漏嘴 交易就泡汤了 |
[37:13] | At least not for Parsons. | 至少帕森是没戏了 |
[37:15] | If you do this, won’t Dan get in trouble? | 你这么做的话 丹会有麻烦吧? |
[37:17] | I’m protecting the deal and protecting the client. The firm. | 我是为了确保交易顺利进行 维护客户和公司的利益 |
[37:22] | Okay. Well, do what you have to do, then. | 好吧 那你就放手去做 |
[37:35] | You got this. | 你可以的 |
[37:52] | Excuse me for a second. Uh you’re a bit overdressed. | 失陪一下 你穿得有点过于隆重了吧 |
[37:55] | Yun, what’s going on? | 允 出什么事了? |
[37:56] | I was at the Plaza, and ran into a friend who works at the Financial Times. | 我在广场酒店遇到了 一个在《金融时报》工作的朋友 |
[37:59] | They said they’re running a piece on Sun Corp Monday. | 他们周一要报道关于太阳集团的新闻 |
[38:02] | What? | 什么? |
[38:03] | Justin? | 贾斯汀? |
[38:05] | Yeah. His dad, Leonard Coleman, is a good friend. Wait, wait. | 对 他爸爸莱纳德科曼 是我的好朋友 慢着 |
[38:08] | Who is their source? | 他们从哪得来的消息? |
[38:09] | I think someone at the DOE. | 应该是能源部的某个人 |
[38:12] | Dan’s guy. | 丹的朋友 拉希特想拓展液化气生意 这件事人尽皆知 |
[38:14] | W… Well, everyone knows that Lassiter’s been looking for an LNG play. | |
[38:19] | He knows the purchase price. | -他知道买价 -该死! |
[38:20] | Fuck! Fuck! | |
[38:22] | If I may, I have an idea. | 恕我冒昧 我有一个主意 |
[38:25] | Great. Come inside. | 很好 进去说吧 |
[38:26] | Okay. So, I’m basically thinking that… | 好 基本上 我的想法是… (中央公园西15号) |
[38:36] | Looks like you had an even crazier night than me. | 看起来你今晚过得比我还快活啊 |
[38:39] | Lina, what… what are you doing here? | 莉娜 你怎么在这儿? |
[38:41] | I dropped out. | 我退学了 |
[38:42] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[38:44] | Juilliard’s a bastion of outdated posers who’ve internalized the patriarchy. | 茱莉亚学院里全是装腔作势 满脑子父权思想的人 |
[38:48] | Lina, you can’t just waltz in here. | 你不能就这么大摇大摆地跑过来 |
[38:49] | If you’re gonna start lecturing, I’d really rather sleep in the park. | 你要开始说教的话 我还是去公园里睡吧 |
[38:53] | Honestly, I’m too tired to deal with your drama right now. | 我现在身心疲惫 没力气跟你闹 |
[38:56] | You can stay, but I’m gonna tell Mom you’re here. | 你可以留下 但我会告诉妈妈你在这里 |
[38:59] | Fine. | 行啊 |
[39:02] | -I need to be back at the office. -Sure. | -我得回办公室了 -好 |
[39:08] | This deal could get me junior partner. | 这笔交易能让我升上初级合伙人 |
[39:11] | I’ll be back Monday. | 我周一回来 |
[39:14] | Go! Go make junior president or whatever. | 去吧!去当个初级总统什么的吧 |
[39:34] | Have to get this term sheet signed before the article comes out. | 这份文件 必须在新闻发表之前签署完毕 |
[39:37] | So, for the next 60 hours, you’re mine. Let’s get to work. | 所以接下来的60个小时 你们听我指挥 开工吧 |
[39:47] | Can you give me that other file? There. | 麻烦把那份文件递给我 |
[39:51] | …with this deal. $2.9 billion. | …这笔交易 29亿美元 |
[40:06] | Look at this. | 看看这个 |
[40:15] | Can you get on the… | 你能继续… |
[40:43] | No message from them? | -没有他们的消息吗? -他们应该很快就到了 之前是不是有人跟我要签名来着? |
[40:45] | I’m sure they’ll be here any minute. | |
[40:52] | I understand somebody asked for an autograph. | |
[40:58] | Thank you so much for helping expedite the process this weekend. | 感谢您周末拨冗前来 加快交易进程 |
[41:01] | You remember my sons Carter, Min’s general counsel, and Z. | 记得我的儿子们吧?这是小Z 还有卡特 闵氏的法律总顾问 |
[41:05] | Carter. | 你好 卡特 |
[41:06] | -What’s up, man? -Good to see you. Z. | -你好 -幸会 小Z |
[41:08] | Shit. | 见鬼 |
[41:09] | I haven’t worked this hard since… | 自从法学院毕业后 我就没这么勤奋过了 |
[41:11] | …law school. | |
[41:13] | But yeah, let’s expedite the shit out of this. | 不过挺好 我们来速战速决吧 |
[41:16] | -I wish my son were that spirited. -That’s one word for it. | -真希望我儿子也这么有干劲 -您太客气了 |
[41:19] | We hope the rest of the process will be less expedited, more prudent. | 希望接下来的流程 大家慎重对待 不要操之过急 |
[41:24] | Yes. We look forward to discussing your plans for integration, | 是的 我们很期待 此次关于合并计划的讨论 |
[41:27] | especially regarding GreenTech. | 尤其是在绿色科技方面 |
[41:28] | Seeing as you’ve run roughshod over every previous attempt– | 考虑到贵公司以往的作风 一向是独断专行… |
[41:31] | My sons and I look forward to our partnership. | 我和我儿子们 都很期待跟你们建立伙伴关系 |
[41:34] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[41:36] | Shall we? | 我们开始吧? |
[41:47] | As you know, we’ve coordinated with the Financial Times | 我们已与《金融时报》协作 |
[41:49] | for an exclusive to help shape the message. | 他们将配合发布专题报道 传递这一信息 |
[42:01] | I guess we’re engaged. | 看来我们是订婚了 |
[42:02] | After these cats finish the paperwork, you can kiss the bride. | 等到文书工作结束以后 你就能亲吻新娘了 |
[42:08] | Shall we meet halfway, Mr. Min? | 我们彼此各退一步? |
[42:09] | Yes. | 好的 (突发新闻 太阳集团收购闵氏) 我们会合作愉快的 |
[42:12] | We’re gonna make this work. | |
[42:13] | -Excellent. -It’ll be wonderful. | -太好了 -未来可期 (弗朗欣:谢了) |
[42:16] | -Frank. -Ted. | -弗兰克 -泰德 |
[42:24] | -Thank you, Marty. -Congratulations. | -谢谢你 马蒂 -恭喜 |
[42:27] | Yun, what the hell? | 允 怎么回事? |
[42:30] | If you’re on time, you’re late. | 踩点等于迟到 |
[42:32] | Well, what’d I tell you? Best and the brightest. | 我怎么说的来着?这就叫顶尖精英 允会主导后续事宜 完成交易 |
[42:36] | -Mm-hmm. -Yun’ll run point and close the deal. | |
[42:39] | -That work for you? -Sure. Why the hell not? | -你意下如何? -当然 有何不可呢? |
[42:41] | Good. We’ll get into due diligence and bring this baby home. | 好的 我们会尽责查证 达成交易 |
[42:45] | What happened? | 这是怎么回事? |
[42:47] | I played by your rules. | 我参考了你的游戏规则 |
[42:48] | -Anyone for a drink? -Best idea I’ve heard all day. | -有人要喝酒吗? -正合我意 (《人的问题》 托马斯内格尔) (尼克拉伦 问题:我会为了什么出卖灵魂?) (答案:再次与你共度良宵的机会 亲亲 尼克) |
[43:11] | I hear congratulations are in order. | 我听说该恭喜你了 |
[43:13] | You single-handedly saved the Min deal. | 你凭一己之力挽救了闵氏的案子 |
[43:17] | Are those from the most eligible bachelor in New York? | 那是纽约的钻石单身汉送的花? |
[43:21] | It was just a date. | 只是约会过一次而已 |
[43:28] | Francine. | 弗朗欣 (太阳集团斥资29亿美元 购入闵氏企业) |
[43:32] | Such an old-fashioned name. | 真是个老套的名字 |
[43:36] | Well, congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[43:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[43:47] | I do remember, by the way. | 还有 我真的记得 |
[43:52] | Rosecliff. | 罗斯克利夫 |
[43:55] | Marzipan. Pineapple. | 杏仁酱 菠萝 |
[44:02] | I remember all of it. | 我全都记得 |