时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [electronic music plays] | NETFLIX 剧集 |
[00:08] | [Ingrid] Escape velocity. | 逃逸速度 |
[00:10] | It’s the speed you need to move at to break free of a planet’s gravity. | 即脱离星球引力 所需要达到的前进速度 |
[00:14] | And Nick and I are moving so fast. | 尼克和我进展得太快了 |
[00:17] | I’m afraid we might be launching too soon and not know where we’re going. | 我怕我们这艘飞船 会起飞得太早 不知道何去何从 |
[00:21] | [Ingrid and Nick breathing heavily] | |
[00:24] | -[Ingrid] Keep going. To the left. -[Nick] Like this? | -继续 往左 -像这样? |
[00:26] | [Ingrid] Yeah. Now faster. | 对 现在加快速度 |
[00:29] | -Wait. Not that fast. -[Nick] Wow. You’re really good at this. | -慢点 别那么快 -哇 你好厉害 |
[00:31] | [Ingrid] You should have seen me in college. | 你该看看我上大学那会儿 |
[00:33] | Well, of course, back then we did it in front of people. | 那时候我们还当着一群人的面玩呢 |
[00:36] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[00:41] | I can’t believe I’ve been living here for two weeks and we’re just doing this now. | 太神奇了 我已经在这住了两周 我们还一起玩跳舞毯 |
[00:45] | Yeah, a little more fun than your normal exercise routine? | 比你平常的锻炼内容有趣吗? |
[00:48] | [Ingrid] You mean climbing the escalators at Lexington and 53rd? | 你是说在莱辛顿大道 和53街的交叉口爬电梯吗? |
[00:52] | What? They’re really long. | 怎么?那电梯好长的 |
[00:53] | [Ingrid exhales] | |
[00:55] | -Take that, Laren! [game announcer] Player One wins. | -看招 拉伦! -一号玩家胜利 |
[00:58] | Oh! | |
[00:59] | Well, you know, my pride should be wounded. | 好吧 我的自尊心是该受受挫了 |
[01:02] | [Ingrid chuckles] | |
[01:03] | You’re right. Stop being so perfect, will you? | 没错 别再立完美人设了 好吧? |
[01:05] | I’ll start thinking you have bodies buried in the garage. | 我都快以为你在车库埋了尸体了 |
[01:08] | Ah, don’t be ridiculous. | 别胡说 |
[01:09] | [inhales] | |
[01:10] | They’re, um… they’re obviously stashed in the walls. | 我显然会把尸体藏进墙里 |
[01:13] | Ooh! [chuckles] | |
[01:15] | -[inhales] Mmm! -[doorbell rings] | |
[01:18] | [Ingrid chuckles] | |
[01:19] | [Nick exhales] | |
[01:21] | Hold that exact thought. | 等我一下 稍后继续 |
[01:27] | [Nick chuckles] | |
[01:28] | [Ingrid exhales] | |
[01:31] | -[man] Here you are, sir. -[Nick] Ah, thanks, Frank. | -给你 先生 -谢了 弗兰克 |
[01:33] | [door shuts] | |
[01:34] | Every nerd boy’s dream collection. | 所有书呆子小男孩 梦寐以求的收藏品呀 |
[01:37] | Yeah. Whenever Dad went on a long business trip, | 是啊 每次我爸长时间出差回来 |
[01:40] | he’d get me a new console. | 都会给我带一个新的游戏机 |
[01:42] | Bribery’s the same as love, right? | 贿赂也是爱的表现 对吧? |
[01:46] | An early morning delivery. | 一大早就有快递呀 |
[01:48] | What does one get a man who has literally everything? | 拥有一切的男人收到了什么呢? |
[01:53] | [gasps] | |
[01:55] | Oh my God. [exhales] | 天啊 |
[01:59] | I’m not sure you can pull those off. | 我觉得你好像戴不上去吧 |
[02:01] | -They’re, uh… they’re not for me. -[chuckles] | 不是给我的 |
[02:03] | I asked my sister to loan you my mother’s earrings | 我请姐姐把我妈妈的耳环借给你 |
[02:05] | for the Guggenheim Gala. | 参加古根海姆的晚会 |
[02:08] | Wow. | 哇 |
[02:10] | Are you sure your mom would approve? | 你确定你妈妈会同意吗? |
[02:12] | Oh, are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑? |
[02:13] | Of someone brilliant and kind and so unbelievably good? | 像你这么聪明、温柔又善良的姑娘? |
[02:19] | Well, maybe you just haven’t seen my dark side yet. | 也许你只是还没看到我的阴暗面 |
[02:21] | Oh, come on. You never jaywalk or use cheat codes. | 少来 你从不乱穿马路 也不会作弊 |
[02:25] | You even gave the money back that time the cashier handed you too much change. | 那次收银员找零给多了 你还把钱还了回去 |
[02:28] | You’re the most moral person I’ve ever met. | 你是我遇到过的最正直的人 |
[02:32] | My mother would have loved you. | 我妈妈一定会爱死你的 |
[02:39] | In fact, uh… | 其实… |
[02:41] | I think… | 我觉得我… |
[02:43] | I think I’m… | |
[02:46] | -Where were we? -[both chuckle] | 我们刚才要干吗来着? 你 晨间性爱 从实招来 你怎么知道的? |
[02:49] | [“Do It” by Baila Curry playing] | |
[03:07] | -[song ends abruptly] -You. Morning sex. Spill. | |
[03:10] | [Ingrid] How did you know? | |
[03:11] | Oh please. Would you ask a sommelier how they recognize a bordeaux? | 拜托 你会问侍酒师 是怎么辨认波尔多的吗? |
[03:14] | I mean, I would if they only messed around with Two Buck Chuck. | 如果他们用廉价葡萄酒来糊弄我的话 |
[03:17] | [chuckles] | |
[03:18] | Look. I love you, but your standards are abysmally low. | 我爱你 姐们儿 但你实在太没下限了 |
[03:21] | Mmm. | |
[03:22] | [chuckles] | |
[03:24] | So? Getting Nicked down before your morning coffee? | 怎么样?早晨喝咖啡前 跟尼克来了一发? |
[03:28] | -Living together must be going well. -It is. | -看来同居生活很融洽啊 -确实 |
[03:30] | It’s great. I mean, he’s great. | 挺好的 他很好 |
[03:32] | But? | 但是呢? |
[03:34] | It’s just fast. | 就是感觉发展得有点快 |
[03:36] | Like, super fast. | 太快了 |
[03:38] | I mean, I don’t know. Maybe I’m just used to slow. | 我不知道 也许是我习惯了慢热吧 |
[03:41] | Or maybe you’re still hung up on a… [posh accent] …certain roguish transfer. | 又或许你还对 某个调皮的转职新人余情未了 |
[03:44] | Murphy? No. [scoffs] Not in the slightest. | 墨菲?没有 完全没有 |
[03:47] | -The lady doth protest too much. -[Rachel chuckles] | 未免太急着否认了吧 |
[03:49] | I mean, is there still this bantery heat between us? Maybe. | 就算我跟他之间有一点点微妙的火花 |
[03:53] | It’s nothing like what I have with Nick. No real emotional connection. | 但那跟我和尼克的感情没得比 不存在情感联系 |
[03:56] | But you’re working together, so… | 可你们在一起工作… |
[03:57] | Since dividing up the due diligence on Min, I barely see him. | 自从对闵氏的尽职调查 分工进行后 我俩几乎没见过面 |
[04:01] | Which is great. Now I can focus on my favorite part of the job… | 现在我可以专心干最喜欢的工作了… |
[04:03] | -[Rachel, Tyler] Spelunking. -Mmm, spelunking. | -洞穴探险 -洞穴探险 |
[04:05] | God, I just love digging through documents and searching for red flags. | 我真的超爱从文书里发掘潜在问题 |
[04:08] | It’s so exciting. | 太刺激了 |
[04:09] | Boy, do we have different ideas of a good time. | 我们对“快乐时光”的理解大不相同啊 |
[04:12] | -[Ingrid scoffs] -Mm-hmm. | |
[04:14] | So what about you? | 那你呢? |
[04:15] | Aren’t you deposing that crazy fashion designer today? | 今天要给那个 疯子时装设计师做庭外质询? |
[04:18] | [sighs] Valdo. He’s a genius, just ask him. | 瓦尔多 他是个天才 不信你问他 |
[04:21] | But don’t worry, he has met his match. | 但别担心 他遇到对手了 |
[04:23] | I’d feel bad for him if I didn’t feel so good for you. | 真为你高兴 我几乎都有点可怜他了 |
[04:26] | -Thank you. -[all chuckle] | 谢谢 |
[04:28] | Whereas, I will just be hiding from staffing today. | 不过 今天分配任务时我要躲起来 |
[04:31] | What about Grammy Goose? | 葛莱美鹅呢? |
[04:32] | Well, it turns out, amongst my many talents, | 那个嘛 结果看来 天赋众多的我 |
[04:35] | I am also kind of the Wujay whisperer. | 一语点醒了舞杰 |
[04:38] | Homegirl has taken over daily operations at the Fun Time Farm. | 这姐们儿接管了 欢乐时光农场的日常运营 (舞杰 自豪的新任首席运营官!) |
[04:42] | -Hm… -[Rachel] Other grandchildren | |
[04:44] | have presumably gone their way to more Ibiza-y pastures. | 另外两个人据说是跑去伊维萨牧场了 |
[04:46] | So… [inhales] | 所以我现在是闲置状态 |
[04:48] | …I am up for grabs. | |
[04:48] | Just when they’re looking for someone for Genulax laxatives. | 就在这当口 他们正找人做吉利拉泻药的案子 我想不到比这更糟糕的… |
[04:51] | -Ew. -I cannot think of anything worse than… | |
[04:56] | Karen from HR. | 人力资源部的凯伦 |
[04:58] | Do not make eye contact. | 不要跟她眼神接触 |
[05:00] | Hello, hello. If it isn’t my favorite trio. | 你们好呀 我最喜欢的三人组 |
[05:02] | I am looking for someone to take lead in coordinating acts for the talent show | 我在找人领导和协调 今年的集体出游活动期间的 |
[05:08] | at this year’s company retreat. | 才艺表演节目 |
[05:10] | Set up by Aurelius Valentine himself at the firm’s first outing back in 1951. | 这是自1951年第一次团建起 由奥列利斯瓦伦汀本人设立的传统 |
[05:15] | It is the event of the year. | 是律所的年度盛事 |
[05:18] | [Rachel clears throat] | |
[05:19] | Nobody cares about that thing, Karen. | 没有人在乎那个 |
[05:21] | Yes, they do. It is beloved. | 有的 大家都爱这个演出 |
[05:24] | And whoever coordinates it will be even more beloved. | 而组织协调演出的人更会备受喜爱 |
[05:26] | Gosh. Look at that. I am going spelunking. [chuckles] | 天啊 瞧瞧 我要去洞穴探险了 |
[05:30] | Yeah, no. | 我不要 谢谢 |
[05:36] | [inhales] | |
[05:39] | Any chance I could code this for qualified non-billable hours? | 干这个能算做不记费工时吗? |
[05:42] | You sure can. | 当然可以 |
[05:44] | Better than laxatives. | 总好过做泻药的案子 |
[05:45] | Keep the pen. | 笔也给你了 阿提昂 谢谢 想不到会在这里撞见你 |
[05:50] | [breathes deeply] | |
[05:54] | Etienne, thank you. | |
[05:55] | -Ooh. -[exhales] | |
[05:57] | Oh. Fancy running into you here. | |
[06:00] | Supposed to be doing due diligence? | 你不是应该在做尽职调查吗? |
[06:01] | Aren’t you supposed to be doing due diligence? | 你不是应该在做尽职调查吗? |
[06:03] | I am. Min lied to us twice. | 我在做啊 闵氏骗了我们两次 |
[06:05] | If what I found is legit, it’s enough to blow up the deal. | 如果我的发现得到证实 交易就完了 我要见马蒂 |
[06:07] | I need to see Marty. | |
[06:12] | Following me now? | 还跟踪起我来了? |
[06:13] | You’re not the only one who found something big. | 有所发现的人不只你一个 |
[06:15] | -Care to wager who will get to him first? -Not everything is a competition, Murphy. | -想赌一赌他先见谁吗? -不是所有事都能拿来比赛的 |
[06:18] | I know. It’s so much more fun when it is. | 我知道 但是竞争的感觉有趣多了 |
[06:21] | -I need Marty ASAP. -Jeff Murphy to see Marty Adler. | -我要见马蒂 -杰夫墨菲求见马蒂 |
[06:23] | -He’s leaving for– -What? | -他要出去… -怎么了? |
[06:24] | [both] I found a problem. | -我发现一个问题 -我发现一个问题 |
[06:27] | -I was looking through… -I looked through contracts… | -我正在查阅… -我查阅了合同… |
[06:29] | Are you fucking kidding me? Call the place, tell ’em I need the thing. | 开什么玩笑? 给那边打电话 预订那东西 |
[06:32] | [Roberta] Got it. | 了解 |
[06:33] | Brief me on the way. | 路上跟我做简报 |
[06:44] | -So, Marty, I was– -Hang on. | -马蒂 我… -等一下 |
[06:45] | -[mobile vibrating] -[Ingrid clears throat] | |
[06:47] | Yeah. Well, tell them 500 million | 对 告诉他们 五亿 |
[06:49] | or they can drown in the kiddie pool they’ve been playing in. | 否则就让他们在池子里淹死好了 |
[06:53] | Yes. No. | 对 不行 |
[06:59] | Okay, shoot. | 好了 说吧 |
[07:00] | I’ve been looking over Min’s contracts, and I noticed that– | 我查看了闵氏的合约 发现… |
[07:03] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[07:05] | Yeah. | 对 |
[07:07] | Well, then throw in Albuquerque. | 那就加上阿尔伯克基 |
[07:12] | No. The peacock is non-negotiable. | 不 孔雀的事没得商量 |
[07:15] | Of course I need a cage! | 我当然需要笼子! |
[07:16] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[07:19] | [woman] Marty Adler? Here you go. | 马蒂艾德勒?给您 |
[07:22] | Have a good day. | 祝您愉快 |
[07:23] | -Is that chocolate bread? -[Marty] Get me a peacock. | -那是巧克力面包吗? -给我买一只孔雀 |
[07:26] | Babka. [whispers] Something weird’s going on. | 巴布卡蛋糕 事情不对劲 |
[07:32] | [scoffs, speaks German] | |
[07:36] | [in English] Comfy? | 舒服吗? |
[07:37] | -[Marty speaks German] -[Ingrid clears throat] | |
[07:42] | [Ingrid in English] Is that…? | 那是… |
[07:49] | All right. You got five minutes. Go. | 好了 给你们五分钟时间 说吧 |
[07:51] | So, I’ve been looking through Min’s contracts and I’ve hit a major snag. | 我查看闵氏的合约时 发现一个大问题 |
[07:54] | Turns out Green Tech didn’t re-up with their vanadium supplier, | 绿色科技公司 跟钒供应商的合约期届满 |
[07:57] | and their terms are set to expire. | 但并未续签新约 |
[07:59] | Could be an oversight. | 可能是一时疏忽 |
[08:00] | Maybe. Everything else is on the up and up though, so the timing’s a little– | 也许吧 但其他事项都井然有序 所以这个时机有点… |
[08:04] | -It’s a little fishy. -Yeah. | -有点可疑 -对 |
[08:06] | We should look into it for sure. | 值得调查一下 |
[08:07] | But what I’ve got could blow the entire deal apart. | 但我发现的问题有可能导致交易终止 |
[08:11] | I’ve been checking the clerk’s office in every jurisdiction where Min operates. | 我查过闵氏的运营活动 所在辖区的书记处办公室记录 |
[08:15] | There’s an active lawsuit against them in Bienville Parish, Louisiana. | 他们在路易斯安那州 有一场官司尚未了结 |
[08:18] | [sighs] | |
[08:19] | [chuckles] | |
[08:20] | I’m guessing they didn’t disclose. | 我猜他们没有透露这事 |
[08:22] | Yeah. A woman is claiming a chemical spill in 2002 led to her lung-cancer diagnosis. | 是的 一名妇女声称2002年发生的 化学品泄漏事件导致她罹患肺癌 |
[08:27] | I didn’t know there was a Min chemical spill. | 我不知道有化学品泄漏这回事 |
[08:29] | Neither did I because they didn’t disclose that either. | 我也不知道 因为他们也并未透露此事 |
[08:32] | Fuck me. | 该死 |
[08:34] | Now if the lawsuit goes south– | 如果他们败诉… |
[08:35] | It could be hundreds of millions of dollars in liability | 可能会背上好几亿美元的债务 |
[08:38] | and a lot of bad PR for Sun Corp and the acquisition… | 还会给太阳集团和收购案 带来一系列公关问题… 好了 你们两个 下车 |
[08:42] | [sighs] Okay. Get out, both of you. | |
[08:45] | I… I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[08:47] | Now’s the only time I have to deal with this, so you’re coming with me. | 我只有现在有时间处理这个问题 你们跟我一起来 |
[08:50] | -Do you mean on the… -Get out of the car! | -你是说上飞机吗?好的 -下车! |
[08:52] | …plane? Oh yes. Okay. | |
[08:54] | [upbeat music playing] | |
[08:58] | ♪ I w ♪ | (艾德勒专机) |
[09:00] | ♪ From chasing maybes ♪ | |
[09:03] | ♪ But the sunshine is rising up ♪ | |
[09:08] | Good morning. I see we have a few extra guests for our flight today. | 早上好 看来今天的航程 有额外的客人加入呢 |
[09:12] | The more, the merrier, I always say. | 我常说 越多越好 |
[09:14] | -[Marty clears throat] -You must be Mar-teeny. I’m Savannah. | 您一定就是马蒂尼了吧 我是萨瓦娜 |
[09:18] | Mr. Adler told me to take extra good care of you today. | 艾德勒先生让我今天好好照顾您 |
[09:20] | It’s Marty. Mar-teeny is what my asshole brothers call me. | 叫我马蒂 马蒂尼是我那些混蛋兄弟 给我起的花名 |
[09:24] | Are you an asshole, Savannah? | 你是混蛋吗 萨瓦娜? |
[09:27] | [Savannah] No. Sorry. | 不是 抱歉 |
[09:28] | So I’m guessing Marty’s not the Adler who owns this plane. | 看来这是另一位艾德勒的飞机了 |
[09:32] | And he’s not too fond of the one that does. | 而且马蒂不喜欢这架飞机的主人 |
[09:34] | Hey. As soon as we get up in the air, I expect you to get to the bottom of this. | 嘿 飞机起飞完毕 你们就给我把事情彻查清楚 |
[09:38] | We are not gonna disappoint Ted. | 我们不能让泰德失望 |
[09:46] | What? I was a Girl Scout. I always come prepared. | 干吗?我可是做过女童子军的 从不打无准备之仗 |
[09:49] | Of course you were. | 当然了 |
[09:55] | The charger | 充电插座 |
[09:57] | is in the armrest. | 在座椅扶手上 |
[10:00] | [Ingrid clears throat] | |
[10:03] | I see someone’s flown private before. | 看来有人坐过私人飞机啊 |
[10:06] | Thought you were always “on the outside looking in.” | 不是说你“从来都被排挤在外”吗? |
[10:08] | Oh, I am. Let’s just say I have friends in high places. | 我是啊 这么说吧 我有一些上流社会的朋友 |
[10:14] | So, you, me, and Marty on a private plane. Should be fun. | 你和我 还有马蒂 一起乘坐私人飞机 应该会很有趣 |
[10:18] | I know it’ll be something. | 非凡体验啊 |
[10:21] | -Where are we–? -[pilot] Take your seats. | -我们要去哪… -请在座位上坐好 |
[10:23] | We’re set to depart in five minutes on our non-stop flight to Paris. | 飞机预计在五分钟后起飞 不经停 直达巴黎 |
[10:28] | Did he just say Paris? | 他刚才是说巴黎吗? |
[10:29] | [“So Strong” by Olivier Bibeau playing] | |
[10:33] | [exhales] | |
[10:37] | ♪ If this is all I need And all I believe in ♪ | |
[10:41] | ♪ Will you keep singing Keep on moving… ♪ | |
[10:43] | Are you saying Ingrid’s jetting overseas with her own “will they or won’t they” | 英格丽跟性感帅哥 坐飞机出国逍遥快活 |
[10:46] | while I’m stuck at the office coordinating the retreat talent show? | 而我却在律所组织协调 集体旅行的才艺表演? |
[10:49] | Mm-hmm. | |
[10:51] | -Must be Backwards Day. -Uh, what talent show? | -今天一定是颠倒日 -什么才艺表演? |
[10:53] | Depending on who you ask, | 它可以是每年的团建活动里 |
[10:55] | it’s either the best or worst part of the yearly retreat. | 最棒或者最糟的部分 就看你问谁了 |
[10:57] | What kind of acts are we talking? | 都有哪些表演节目? |
[10:59] | You know, the usual suspects. Ventriloquism, stand-up. | 就是些老戏码 腹语术、单口喜剧 |
[11:02] | -Remember those dueling banjos? -[chuckles] | 还记得那些年的班卓对决吗? |
[11:04] | Good luck finding musicians. | 祝你顺利找到音乐人 |
[11:06] | I’m just getting the same people who did it last year. That’s my strategy. | 我的策略是找去年表演过的人 |
[11:09] | Hardest is finding someone to write and direct the skit. | 最难搞的部分是找人写短剧和做导演 |
[11:12] | Sounds like a ton of work. Who’s stupid enough to take that on? | 听起来好麻烦 谁会傻到去揽这个活儿啊? |
[11:18] | You want me to write the skit for the talent show? | 你想要我为才艺表演写剧本? |
[11:21] | Sure do. | 没错 我相信你是不二人选 |
[11:22] | In fact, I’m convinced that you are the only person for the job. | |
[11:25] | [sighs] I don’t know. I’m pretty busy working on this cold pitch | 我正忙着准备要给巴林顿国家银行 |
[11:28] | for Barrington National Bank. | 做的简报呢 |
[11:29] | -Trying to figure out what honey to send. -“Honey”? | -得先弄清楚要送哪种蜂蜜 -“蜂蜜”? |
[11:32] | Yeah. “Bear-ington.” | 对呀 “巴林”是一只熊的名字 |
[11:35] | [chuckles] | |
[11:37] | That’s hilarious. [chuckles] | 太好笑了 |
[11:38] | Right. So look, Hunter. | 好吧 听着 亨特 |
[11:40] | Um, I’m sure that there’s a way that you can figure out how to do | 我相信你能做到既不耽误工作 又能完成剧本的 |
[11:44] | all that work and also write the skit. | |
[11:46] | Even if I could, who would I get to be in it? | 就算我能吧 我找谁演呢? |
[11:49] | I don’t know, just ask Tax. Guarantee their nights are free. | 我不知道 问问税务部门呗 他们晚上肯定有时间 |
[11:52] | What’s really important is how this is gonna look. | 重点是 你能借此树立形象 |
[11:55] | I know M&A is crazy cutthroat this year, | 我知道并购部门今年竞争很激烈 |
[11:57] | and I’m thinking if you want a chance at one of those three partner spots, | 如果你想争取其中一个 晋升合伙人的名额 |
[12:01] | you’re gonna need to impress some people. | 必须给人留下深刻的印象 |
[12:03] | You really think I have a chance at making partner? | 你真认为我有机会升合伙人? |
[12:06] | Do this right, and my money’s on Dan, Ingrid, and you. | 把这事做好了 我敢打赌赢家会是丹、英格丽和你 |
[12:12] | [exhales] | |
[12:18] | Justin, I need you to email me everything you can find related to Min and the EPA. | 贾斯汀 把所有你能找到的有关闵氏 和国家环境局的资料发送我邮箱 |
[12:22] | Okay. Well, cancel those low-key lunch plans for some high-key work. | 那就取消无关紧要的午餐计划 优先处理公务 |
[12:26] | -Yeah. -So sorry to bother you, Mr. Adler. | -对 -很抱歉打扰您 艾德勒先生 |
[12:29] | The other Mr. Adler wanted me to make sure you brought the chocolate babka. | 另一位艾德勒先生让我确认一下 您是否带了巧克力巴布卡 |
[12:32] | He knows the other, other Mr. Adler prefers cinnamon, | 他知道还有另一位艾德勒先生 更喜欢肉桂口味 |
[12:36] | but he’s staying off carbs. | 但他目前在戒碳水 |
[12:37] | My brother can call me himself. | 我哥可以自己给我打电话 |
[12:42] | [Murphy exhales] | |
[12:43] | Siblings, huh? Real pain in the ass. | 兄弟姐妹真麻烦啊 |
[12:45] | You know, I once had to rescue one of mine from the bottom of a well. Literally. | 我还去井底援救过一次呢 简直了 |
[12:51] | -Don’t you have work to do? -I left word with Carter Min’s office. | -你不用忙工作的吗? -我给卡特闵的办公室留言了 |
[12:54] | -I’m waiting for them to return. -[Ingrid] Good luck with that. | -正在等他们回复呢 -那你就等着吧 |
[12:57] | Carter’s not big on getting back to people. | 卡特一向不爱回复别人 |
[13:00] | [Murphy inhales] | |
[13:01] | I could… [clears throat] | 那我联系一下其他钒供应商 看看闵氏是否另签别家了 |
[13:02] | …contact other vanadium suppliers, and see if the contract landed elsewhere. | |
[13:05] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:09] | I was wondering when you’d realize Marty values hard work and knowledge | 我很好奇你什么时候才会明白 马蒂更看重一个人的勤勉和学识 |
[13:13] | over sparkling eyes and a lame attempt at bonding. | 忽闪着大眼睛蹩脚地套近乎 这招对他没用 |
[13:16] | -You think my eyes sparkle? -[Ingrid scoffs] | 你觉得我的眼睛会发光吗? |
[13:18] | I did, once upon a time. | 有啊 曾几何时 |
[13:21] | But it turns out it’s just the reflection of my own luminous light. | 但结果看来 我只是在你眼中 看见了自己的光芒 |
[13:23] | Wow. Someone’s confident. | 哇哦 有人很自信呢 |
[13:25] | You know, I can do what you do. | 我也可以像你这样 |
[13:28] | Keep my head down, do the work. | 埋头苦干 认真工作 耳听为虚 眼见为实 (英格丽 墨菲决定踏实做事了) |
[13:30] | [chuckles] I’ll believe it when I see it. | |
[13:35] | [scoffs] | |
[13:40] | [typing] | |
[13:41] | [mobile chimes] | |
[13:48] | [chuckles] | (他在挑战我 为什么他那么聪明还那么帅啊?) |
[13:53] | Raymond. | 雷蒙 |
[13:55] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[13:56] | Is it? | 好吗? |
[13:57] | I’ve just gotten three calls from clients who are worried | 我已经接到了三通客户的电话 |
[14:00] | that this Valdo business is bringing too much attention to Parsons Valentine. | 他们担心瓦尔多事件 会把帕森瓦伦汀推上风口浪尖 |
[14:04] | “Attention”? We’re a high-profile firm. | “风口浪尖”? 我们本就是备受瞩目的律所 |
[14:06] | One that promises discretion. | 一家承诺以审慎为守则的律所 |
[14:09] | Many of our clients want their problems handled quietly. | 很多客户都希望自己的问题 能够悄无声息地解决 |
[14:12] | After all, anonymity’s hard to come by in today’s world. | 毕竟在今时今日 很难做到遁名匿迹 |
[14:15] | When the firm itself becomes notable, people start poking into its business. | 如果律所本身成为焦点 人们会开始打探其生意往来 |
[14:20] | You see the problem? | 你明白问题所在了吗? |
[14:21] | -I do. -Good. | -明白 -很好 |
[14:22] | Make the suit go away. | 把这起诉讼摆平 |
[14:24] | The longer it drags on, the more waves it creates. | 时间拖得越久 涟漪效应就越大 |
[14:26] | Oh, I can get Valdo to back out. | 我可以让瓦尔多撤诉 |
[14:28] | With today’s deposition, I’m sure I can get them to understand– | 经过今天的庭外质询 我会让他们明白… |
[14:31] | You… | 你调查了瓦尔多 |
[14:33] | You had Valdo investigated. | |
[14:35] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:37] | Looks like you found what you need to bury him. | 看来你找到了克敌制胜的法宝 |
[14:41] | Raymond, I cannot use that. | 雷蒙 我不能利用这个 |
[14:43] | -Why not? -Because it would be blackmail. | -为什么? -因为那样是威胁恐吓 |
[14:47] | Which would be unethical. | 是不道德的 |
[14:48] | I thought you wanted to make partner. | 你应该想升合伙人吧? |
[14:50] | Impress those of us on the management committee. | 让管理委员会的人刮目相看吧 |
[14:52] | I do. More than anything. But I can do this the right way. | 确实 我做梦都想升合伙人 但我会用正确的方式实现 |
[14:56] | You heard about the Henley Food depo. | 你听说过亨利食品的庭外质询吧 |
[14:57] | [chuckles] | |
[14:58] | Three days in and they ceased all litigation. | 不出三天 他们就停止了所有诉讼 |
[15:01] | Trust me. This is where I shine. | 相信我 这是我的长项 |
[15:04] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:06] | Let’s see if you’re as good as you think you are. | 让我们看看 你是否真有这个本事 |
[15:20] | [Murphy] Eddie, I… I hear you. | 艾迪 我懂你的意思 |
[15:22] | [printer whirring] | |
[15:23] | Listen, every four years, someone says that, | 每隔四年就会有人这么说 |
[15:25] | but Belgium’s always gonna be a bridesmaid. | 但比利时永远是陪跑的命 |
[15:28] | Sorry. Can you say that again, mate? | 不好意思 你能再说一遍吗? |
[15:33] | Eddie, sorry. | 艾迪 抱歉 |
[15:36] | -[Ingrid] I have an update. -Yeah. | -我有最新消息 -说 |
[15:38] | The woman suing the Mins? It’s her fourth lawsuit in ten years. | 那个指控闵氏的女人 这是她近十年提出的第四起诉讼 |
[15:41] | -All nuisance suits? -Exactly. | -都是无中生有? -正是 |
[15:43] | I know I’ll be able to prove this is just another one. | 我会设法证明这次也不例外 |
[15:47] | Good. | 很好 |
[15:52] | Advantage, Yun. | 允占上风喽 |
[15:55] | The bloke I just got off the phone with, he didn’t know much about Green Tech, | 我刚跟一个人通过电话 他虽然不了解绿色科技的事 |
[15:58] | but he did know a little about a new vanadium supplier. | 但却给了我一个新的钒供应商的消息 |
[16:01] | A guy who graduated Stanford the same year as Z Min. | 那家伙跟闵氏的小Z 是同一年从斯坦福毕业的 |
[16:03] | -Let’s get on the phone. -Calling him right now. | -打电话吧 -这就打 |
[16:05] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:08] | That’s a point for Jeff Murphy. Looks like we’re tied. | 杰夫墨菲拿下一分 看来我们打平了 |
[16:11] | For now. | 暂时而已 |
[16:16] | [Tyler] Thank you for that colorful answer. | 感谢你精彩的回答 |
[16:19] | -I’d like to move on to– -[loud banging] | 接下来 我们… |
[16:27] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[16:29] | This annoying? | 吵到你了吗? |
[16:30] | Not at all. | 完全没有 |
[16:31] | I find it interesting you’re suing Luxe for stealing your designs, | 我只是觉得很有趣 你一面控告拉克斯偷你的设计 |
[16:34] | and yet here you are, working on garments in front of me, a Luxe attorney. | 一面在这里炮制新衣 当着我这个拉克斯的律师的面 |
[16:40] | I was getting wrist fatigue anyway. | 反正我手腕刚好累了 |
[16:43] | Do you recognize this document? | 认得这份文件吗? |
[16:45] | It’s an application I submitted. | 这是我提交的申请 |
[16:47] | To be an intern at Luxe. | 申请去拉克斯实习 |
[16:48] | -But they didn’t hire you, did they? -Obviously. | -他们没有雇用你 对吧? -很显然 |
[16:51] | Are these your words? | 这些都是你写的吗? |
[16:53] | “Tim Toussaint should hang himself with the stockings from his spring line.” | “提姆图桑应该 用他的春季新品丝袜把自己吊死 |
[16:56] | “At least then they serve a purpose.” #RunwayRoadkill, #LuxeSux. | 这样它们至少还算有点用处 #跑道公路谋杀 #拉克斯烂透了” |
[17:01] | I admit that one was a bit pedestrian. | 我承认这篇贴文有点缺乏想象力 |
[17:04] | I hadn’t figured out that I’m best understood | 我那时还没认识到 我更适合用表情符号 |
[17:06] | through emojis and SoundCloud links. | 和音乐网站的链接来表达观点 那些东西过时了 |
[17:09] | Eh. Those are all old. | |
[17:11] | Yeah, you’re right. These hate posts predate your fashion show. | 没错 这些仇恨言论 发表于你的时装秀之前 |
[17:14] | This isn’t about a pattern, is it? | 其实这跟花式图样无关 对吧? |
[17:16] | It’s about the fact that Luxe didn’t hire you. | 拉克斯没有雇用你 你怀恨在心 |
[17:18] | -No. -So you weren’t mad at them? | -没有 -所以你没生他们的气? |
[17:20] | I was. | 以前有 |
[17:22] | But I applied to ten other fashion houses, and none of them would have me. | 但我给十家时装屋递了申请 他们一个都没要我 |
[17:25] | Which, thank God. But also, fuck them. | 还好没要 但同时 也怪他们狗眼看人低 |
[17:27] | But isn’t your hatred for Luxe all over Instagram? | IG上充斥着你对拉克斯的仇恨言论 |
[17:29] | And I trashed DVF on Twitter and Dior on TikTok. | 我还在推特上骂过DVF 在抖音上骂过迪奥呢 |
[17:32] | Do you want my teenage LiveJournal? I went to town on Ed Hardy. | 我还写了篇博文痛骂艾德哈迪 你想看吗? |
[17:35] | So you’re just a designer that likes to insult other designers? | 所以你不过是 喜欢辱骂其他设计师而已? 我能怎么说呢? |
[17:38] | [scoffs] What can I say? | |
[17:40] | I hate things, and have to tell everyone about it. | 我讨厌什么东西 就想让全世界都知道 |
[17:43] | I’m a millennial. | 我是千禧一代 |
[17:44] | I don’t think you hate everything. [inhales] | 但你也不是什么都讨厌 |
[17:47] | Did you post this? | 这条是你发的吗? |
[17:52] | [sighs] | |
[17:54] | “Lydia Love’s new line is like my most fantastical fever dream come to life.” | “莉迪亚拉芙的新品 就像我最奇幻的梦境成为了现实” |
[17:58] | #BravoBitch | #好样的贱人 |
[18:02] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你想干什么 |
[18:04] | -Lydia’s a friend. -A friend who also sued Luxe and lost. | -莉迪亚是我朋友 -她也起诉了拉克斯 但失败了 |
[18:07] | Then held a press conference saying she’d make Tim Toussaint pay. | 然后她举办记者招待会 放话要让提姆图桑付出代价 |
[18:10] | And poof. You show up with this suit. | 接着你就挑起了这场官司 |
[18:13] | Suspicious, no? | 很可疑 不是吗? |
[18:14] | -My client’s not the one on trial here. -You’re right. | -我的客户不是被告 -说得对 |
[18:17] | But if you have it your way, my client will be. | 但若你一意孤行 我的客户将会成为被告 |
[18:19] | And in court, this will look like Valdo is suing Luxe | 那这场官司看起来就会是 瓦尔多为了替朋友出头而控告拉克斯 |
[18:21] | to help his friend fulfill her promise. | |
[18:23] | You mean that’s how you’ll make it look. | 意思是你会如此制造舆论 |
[18:25] | Huh. | |
[18:26] | [exhales] | |
[18:27] | I have to say, I thought we would be playing checkers, | 不得不说 我原以为这是一场高段位的博弈 |
[18:31] | but it looks like I may need to whip out my bishop. | 没想到你要跟我玩小孩子过家家 |
[18:33] | Oh please. | 拜托 |
[18:35] | Nobody wants to see your bishop. [exhales] | 没有人想跟你过家家 |
[18:37] | Now… | 现在… |
[18:40] | about this post. | 看看这篇帖文吧 |
[18:46] | You do the solo every year, right? Ready to knock our socks off again? | 每年都是你负责独唱? 准备好再次惊艳全场了吗? |
[18:54] | Ready for that a cappella magic? | 向我们展示无伴奏合唱的魔力吧 |
[18:57] | I didn’t go to six years of choir camp to just be the bum-bum-bum baritone. | 我参加了六年的合唱营 可不是只为当个男中音的 |
[19:01] | With the race for partner as tight as it is, | 而且为了竞争合伙人 我不能放过任何表现的机会 |
[19:02] | I need to do whatever I can to stand out. | |
[19:05] | Sorry. It’s the solo or nothing. | 不好意思 不让我独唱就免谈 |
[19:09] | [whispers] Diva. | 自以为是 |
[19:11] | Come on, give up the solo out of the goodness of your heart. | 行行好 放弃独唱的位子吧 |
[19:13] | When has a lawyer ever done anything out of the goodness of their heart? | 一个律师做事 什么时候会“行行好”了? |
[19:16] | -What do you want? -The Holotech account’s been overwhelming. | -提条件吧 -全息技术的报告工作量太大了 |
[19:19] | I can have Todd write up your NDAs for you. | 我可以让托德帮你写保密协议 |
[19:21] | -Please, that’s nothing. -And your CSA. | -那根本不算什么 -还有信用支持附约 |
[19:23] | [exhales] | |
[19:25] | That works for me. | 这个可以有 |
[19:28] | Ever think about what would happen if you use those powers for good? | 你有没有想过 用这份权力来做善事会怎样? |
[19:31] | What fun would that be? | 那有什么好玩的? |
[19:36] | [mobile chimes] | |
[19:38] | [Murphy] My friend was hesitant, but I really pushed him on this issue. | 我朋友有些犹豫 但我没有放弃追问 |
[19:41] | And so it turns out Z was looking into a new supplier, | 原来小Z本打算物色新的供应商 但后来退出了谈判 |
[19:43] | but he pulled out of the talks. | |
[19:45] | Claims the company’s no longer in need of vanadium. | 声称公司不再需要钒材料了 |
[19:47] | I doubt that’s true. What about– | 我表示怀疑 那个… |
[19:49] | Flow batteries? I know. I’m guessing they’re stopping production. | 液流电池?我猜他们打算停止生产了 |
[19:51] | Which means we might be able to get a lower purchase price. | 也就是说我们或许能压低收购价格 |
[19:55] | Good news for Ted. | 对泰德来说是好消息 |
[19:57] | I have good news too. | 我也有好消息 |
[19:59] | The Mins didn’t disclose the spill | 闵氏没有提及化学品泄漏的事 |
[20:00] | because they had it remediated immediately. | 是因为他们即时修复了问题 |
[20:02] | The plaintiff won’t have a leg to stand on. | 原告律师的指控根本站不住脚 |
[20:04] | Hmm. | |
[20:08] | Well, I’m not big on rewards, | 好吧 我通常不轻易奖赏人 |
[20:11] | but, uh, this deserves a round– | 但这值得喝一轮… |
[20:14] | [mobile ringing] | |
[20:17] | Excuse me. Yeah. | 失陪 对 |
[20:20] | Nope. | -不 -领先两分喽 |
[20:21] | -Two up. -[Ingrid scoffs] | |
[20:22] | Please. You made some calls. Charming intel out of people. | 拜托 你就是打了几个电话 靠施展魅力从别人嘴里套消息 |
[20:26] | First you think my eyes sparkle, and now you say I’m charming. | 先是觉得我眼里有光 现在又说我有魅力 |
[20:30] | Anyone would think you’re trying to tell me something. | 任谁都会觉得你在向我暗示什么 (尼克) |
[20:32] | -[scoffs] -[mobile vibrates] | |
[20:38] | Trouble in paradise? | 幸福的烦恼? |
[20:41] | The opposite, actually. | 恰恰相反 嘿 宝贝 |
[20:43] | [clears throat] Hey, babe. | |
[20:45] | Babe. Uh, okay. Good. | 宝贝 好吧 请记住我在你心目中的可爱形象 |
[20:47] | Um, please remember how adorable you think I am. | |
[20:50] | What happened? | 怎么了? |
[20:51] | Yvette is out sick, and the pernicious devil on my shoulder | 伊薇特病了 我脑海中有个邪恶的声音 |
[20:55] | suggested I could take care of the laundry all by myself. | 建议我自己洗衣服 好吧 我有多少只袜子染成粉色了? 六只 不对 五只 |
[20:58] | [chuckles] Okay. How many of my socks are pink? | |
[21:01] | Uh, six. Well, five. | |
[21:04] | One… one of them is suspiciously missing its mate. | 其中一只的另一半离奇失踪了 |
[21:06] | Um… | |
[21:07] | I’m sorry. I’ll… I’ll get you new ones with the little toes if that’s your thing. | 对不起 我会再给你买新的 分脚趾的那种 如果你喜欢的话 并没有 不过谢谢你 谢谢你的谅解 这也是我爱你的原因之一 |
[21:12] | Mmm, it’s very much not, but thank you. [chuckles] | |
[21:15] | [chuckles] Thank you for being understanding. | |
[21:17] | It’s… it’s just one of the many reasons I love you. | |
[21:22] | Sorry. Uh, I shouldn’t have said that so soon, or over the phone, | 抱歉 我不该这么快说出那个字 也不该在电话上说 |
[21:26] | but… | 但是… |
[21:29] | fuck it. | 管它的呢 |
[21:30] | I do. | 这是真心话 |
[21:32] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[21:34] | I… [clears throat] I… | 其实现在有几个同事在我旁边 |
[21:37] | I’m actually with some work people right now. | |
[21:39] | And I just made things awkward. | 我刚刚把气氛搞尴尬了 那先不说了 |
[21:41] | Um, I’ll let you go. | |
[21:43] | See… see you for dinner? | 晚餐见? |
[21:45] | I’m not going to make it home in time. I’ll text you later. | 我来不及回家吃晚饭了 晚点给你发短信吧 |
[21:49] | Bye. [clears throat] | 再见 |
[21:51] | [sighs] | |
[21:54] | What? | 干吗? 回家? |
[21:55] | Home? | |
[21:57] | You’re living together? | 你们住一起了? |
[21:59] | [exhales] | |
[22:00] | I just thought you’d be the type to take things slow. | 我还以为你喜欢慢慢来呢 |
[22:02] | No. I said no. Because I’m not five years old anymore. | 不 我说了 不行 因为我已经不是五岁小孩了 |
[22:09] | Don’t you have somewhere to be? | 你们没别的地方可去吗? |
[22:11] | -I could do due diligence. -Need to go to the loo. | -我去做尽职调查 -我要上厕所 |
[22:13] | [“Yeah We Do it Like” playing] | |
[22:17] | ♪ Do it, do it like ♪ | |
[22:19] | ♪ Rude girl with the right stuff Do it like ♪ | |
[22:22] | ♪ Rude boy lookin’ real tough ♪ | |
[22:23] | ♪ Young blood gonna stand up Do it like ♪ | |
[22:26] | [song ends] | |
[22:27] | -Did you see Ingrid’s text? -Mm-hmm. | 你看到英格丽的短信了吗? |
[22:29] | Looks like I’m not the only one having an interesting day. | 今天玩得开心的不止我一个啊 |
[22:32] | Oh no. Fun times in the depo? | 庭外质询时发生了有趣的事? |
[22:34] | Ugh. Sadly, Valdo’s answers don’t suck, | 瓦尔多的回应还算沉稳 |
[22:36] | but I’ll trip him up as soon as this break is over. | 但这次休息时间结束后 我会让他栽跟头的 |
[22:38] | And at least I get to be around this all day. | 而且至少 我能有一整天与时尚为伴 |
[22:40] | A full vibe, right? | 很带感吧? |
[22:42] | That’s a Valdo print? | 那是瓦尔多的印花? |
[22:44] | I’m pretty sure I saw Blanche sporting that | 某次《黄金女郎》重播时 我看到过布兰奇穿着同样的图案 |
[22:46] | in a rerun of The Golden Girls. | |
[22:47] | -[chuckles] -I mean, you may have. | 也许吧 |
[22:49] | All fashion… | 所有时尚都会相互借鉴 |
[22:50] | All fashion is referential. | |
[22:53] | Rachel, you’re a genius. | 你真是个天才 |
[22:54] | I mean, yes, but also how? | 话是没错 但为什么这么说? |
[22:57] | You just gave me a new angle. Can’t stay, I have to go prep. | 你给了我一个新思路 我要准备一下 |
[23:01] | [chuckles] | |
[23:06] | No. I’m not playing snack tug-of-war with you today. | 我没心情跟你玩零食争夺战 |
[23:08] | No, I had Gladys save you one from this morning. | 我今早让格拉迪斯帮你留了一个 |
[23:13] | What do you want? | -你有什么企图? -没有 |
[23:15] | Nothing. | |
[23:20] | I’m not gonna be nice because of this. | -别指望我收了会对你和颜悦色 -我不做白日梦 |
[23:21] | Yeah, wouldn’t dream of it. | |
[23:23] | Hey, how’s the talent show going? | 才艺表演进展如何? |
[23:25] | Pretty good. I just need to find a stand-up. | 挺好 就差一个单口喜剧了 去年的表演者进监狱了 |
[23:27] | The guy from last year’s in jail. [inhales] | |
[23:29] | I need to find someone who understands the culture at Parsons, | 我需要一个既了解帕森的文化 |
[23:32] | but also has an actual sense of humor. | 又有幽默感的人 |
[23:35] | [men chuckling] | |
[23:38] | [whimsical music plays] | |
[23:43] | I’ll do it. | 我愿意出马 |
[23:45] | If… you say I’m funny. | 只要…你亲口夸我幽默 |
[23:47] | [whimsical music continues] | |
[23:50] | -You’re funny, Dan. -What was that? | -你真幽默 -你说什么? |
[23:53] | [sighs] | |
[23:57] | You’re funny, Dan. | 你很幽默 丹 |
[24:10] | Why won’t you go out with me? | 你为什么不跟我约会? |
[24:13] | See? Now that’s funny. | 看见没?这才叫幽默 |
[24:15] | [chuckles] | |
[24:26] | [sighs] | |
[24:27] | I thought you were done. | 我以为你的工作完成了 |
[24:29] | With this morning’s problems, but I just pulled a bunch of EPA documents | 今早的问题解决了 但我调出了国家环境局的资料 |
[24:32] | -that need to be spelunked. -[Murphy chuckles] | 需要审核一遍 |
[24:34] | -She never stops working. -She doesn’t have the luxury. | -她真是永不停歇啊 -她没时间浪费 |
[24:37] | Or she’s worried | 又或者她是在担心 |
[24:39] | of what might happen if she lets herself do what she really wants. | 担心放任自己做真正想做的事 会有何后果 |
[24:50] | [Murphy exhales] | |
[24:52] | You’re not scared of a little turbulence, are you? | 你不是害怕乱流吧? |
[24:59] | Hey. It’s gonna be fine. | 嘿 不会有事的 |
[25:01] | [Murphy breathing heavily] | |
[25:05] | [gentle music playing] | |
[25:16] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[25:17] | [gentle music continues] | |
[25:20] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[25:25] | I don’t like… | 我不喜欢失控的感觉 |
[25:28] | I don’t like feeling out of control. | |
[25:33] | Well, what do you know, Jeff Murphy. You and I have something in common. | 真没想到 杰夫墨菲 你和我居然也有共同点 |
[25:38] | [ | |
[25:45] | [sighs] So, yeah. What do you think the, uh… | 是啊 你觉得 马蒂和他哥哥是怎么回事? |
[25:48] | [sighs] …the deal is with Marty’s brother? | |
[25:50] | It’s… You wouldn’t think he even has someone who… | 真想不到他会有一个… |
[25:53] | [Ingrid] Shit. | 见鬼 |
[25:55] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了? |
[25:57] | [exhales] We have a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[26:01] | [exhales] | |
[26:03] | I was looking through the EPA findings on Min, and I found this. | 我在查阅国家环境局 对闵氏的记录时 发现了这个 |
[26:07] | Green Tech never started the process to renew their hazardous waste permit, | 绿色科技没有更新有害废物排放许可 |
[26:10] | which is pretty weird since they need it for the factory that produces | 这太奇怪了 因为他们生产锂离子电池的工厂 |
[26:13] | their lithium-ion batteries. | 需要这个许可证 |
[26:14] | They’re not renewing their permits or their contracts? | 既没更新许可 也没续签合约? |
[26:18] | Something’s going on at Green Tech. | 绿色科技有猫腻 |
[26:20] | [sighs] | |
[26:21] | We have to tell Ted. | 我们得告诉泰德 |
[26:23] | Shit. | 可恶 |
[26:25] | We’ll call him when we land. | 我们一落地就打给他 |
[26:30] | [Tyler sighs] | |
[26:43] | Do I wanna know? | 这什么情况? 那堆衣服?就是用来 斗垮一个嘴炮自大狂的道具 |
[26:44] | [Tyler chuckles] Oh those? | |
[26:46] | Just the ammunition I need to take down a certain mouthy egomaniac. | |
[26:49] | Mmm. Working for Luxe not as much fun as you thought it’d be? | 为拉克斯工作没有想象中的有趣? |
[26:52] | [sighs] When I dreamed of representing a major fashion label, | 我做梦都想成为 一个时尚大牌的代理律师 |
[26:55] | I fantasized about the couture, not the conference room. | 但梦里的场景是时装店 不是会议室 |
[26:58] | I know we were supposed to play doubles on Friday, but– | 我们约好了周五打双打的 但是… |
[27:01] | Wait, you dropped me as a partner so you could play with Robinson? | 你抛弃我 就是为了跟罗宾森组队? |
[27:05] | A real friend stabs you in the front, Ames. Or maybe not at all. | 真正的朋友不会从背后捅刀子 又或者根本不会捅 |
[27:09] | Jealousy is not a good look on a grown man, Dan. | 成年人嫉妒的样子可不好看 -周五的对打我不一定去得成了 -好 |
[27:12] | -I need a rain check for Friday’s match. -[chuckles] Yeah. | |
[27:15] | This Luxe deal really just deserves my all. | 我要全身心扑在拉克斯的案子上 别搞得像个殉道者一样 |
[27:17] | [Dan] Oh, come on, man. Don’t be such a martyr. | |
[27:20] | [chuckles] You know you don’t have to give your life to this place. | 你没必要把生命奉献给这地方 |
[27:23] | You’re Black with an added gay bonus. Your success is pretty much guaranteed. | 你是黑人 还是个同性恋 你的成功可以说是板上钉钉 |
[27:27] | Job security, baby. | 这就叫职业保障 |
[27:30] | -Okay. That is all kinds of racist. -[Dan] Whoa. | 你这是彻头彻尾的种族歧视 |
[27:35] | I’m not racist. | 我不是种族主义者 |
[27:36] | Sure. And I’m not still upset about what happened | 当然 我现在 也已经不再为马尼拉卢松 |
[27:38] | to Manila Luzon on Drag Race All Stars. | 在《变装皇后全明星》的遭遇生气了 |
[27:40] | We all gotta accept our truths, Dan. | 我们都得接受事实 丹 |
[27:42] | [Todd chuckles] | |
[27:43] | Uh, are you really doing this right now? Don’t be so fucking sensitive. | 你真的要现在讨论这个吗? 别这么敏感好吧 |
[27:46] | I don’t think I’m the one being sensitive. | 敏感的人不是我吧? |
[27:49] | Man, you don’t know my background. | 你对我的背景一无所知 |
[27:50] | What? ‘Cause I’m white, I had the easiest fuckin’ life? | 就因为我是白人 生活就肯定一帆风顺了? |
[27:52] | Okay. I can’t deal with your white fragility right now. | 我现在没工夫应付你的白人玻璃心 |
[27:57] | My white what? | 我的白什么? |
[27:58] | I have to, uh… [exhales] | 我得去… |
[28:01] | …not be here. | 离开这里 |
[28:04] | [Tyler] Your white fragility. | 你的白人玻璃心 |
[28:06] | This extreme defensiveness when you’re told you’re being racist. | 一被人说种族歧视 你就立马启动极端的防御机制 |
[28:09] | -Because I’m not. -No. You don’t want to be. | -因为我没有种族歧视 -不 是你不愿承认 |
[28:12] | Yeah, I know you posted a black square, so you think you’re an ally, | 你发过纯黑照片声援黑人 就以盟友自居 |
[28:14] | but do you realize the shit I hear you say around here? | 但你明白自己在律所的言谈 有多过分吗? |
[28:17] | Like how you crack jokes about how Nihal’s lunch smells. | 比如你开玩笑说尼哈尔的午餐难闻 |
[28:20] | Or how you mix up the two Latinx paralegals’ names. | 你搞混那两个拉丁裔助理的名字 |
[28:23] | Oh my God, dude. It was one time. I was in a hurry. | 天啊 哥们 就只有一次而已 我忙中出错了 |
[28:25] | See? No, no, no, no. This? This is what I am talking about. | 看见没?我说的就是这个 |
[28:28] | I am telling you that you’re being offensive, | 我在告诉你 你冒犯到了别人 |
[28:31] | and instead of respecting what I have to say, | 你非但不尊重我说的话 |
[28:32] | you’re more concerned with how this is an interruption | 还只担心这会影响到 |
[28:35] | to the highly filtered way in which you see yourself. | 你自认为完美的个人形象 |
[28:38] | Yeah, it is more important to you that I protect your white comfort | 对你来说更重要的是 让我维护你身为白人的舒适感 |
[28:41] | than you actually hearing me and making some fucking changes. | 而不是认真听取我的意见 做出改变 |
[28:45] | What do you want me to do? Huh? You want me to just shut up and listen? | 你想要我怎样?闭上嘴听你说吗? |
[28:48] | Yes, and learn. | 对 还有虚心受教 |
[28:50] | Maybe say thank you if you have some manners. I don’t know. | 如果你有基本的礼貌 还可以说声谢谢 |
[28:54] | [Tyler sighs] | |
[28:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:58] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[29:00] | Really. | 真的 |
[29:02] | I know what I gotta do. | 我知道该怎么做了 |
[29:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:07] | Good. | 很好 |
[29:10] | -Great talk. -Good talk, good talk. | -很棒的谈话 -非常好 |
[29:24] | The green makes your eyes pop. | 绿色会显得你的眼睛很突出 说到过度夸张的时尚风格 |
[29:26] | [sighs] Speaking of fashion that screams overcompensating, | |
[29:30] | do you recognize these? | 认得这些吗? |
[29:31] | Of course. | 这是我2020年的秋季成衣系列 |
[29:32] | It’s my ready-to-wear collection from fall 2020. | |
[29:34] | -Could you take your jacket off? -[Tyler] What about this? | -你能脱掉外套吗? -那这个呢? |
[29:37] | This belongs to Destiny Washington, an 18-year-old fashion prodigy | 这是黛丝蒂妮华盛顿的设计 18岁的时尚神童 |
[29:41] | from Oklahoma that had some viral success back in 2019. | 来自奥克拉荷马州 2019年时声名鹊起 |
[29:45] | Pretty similar, wouldn’t you say? | 很相似 不是吗? |
[29:47] | Nearly identical. Remove the cardigan, will you? | 几乎一模一样 请把羊毛衫脱掉 好吗? |
[29:50] | Have you seen Destiny’s work before? | 你以前见过黛丝蒂妮的作品吗? |
[29:52] | Of course. I’m on the internet. | 当然 我会上网 |
[29:55] | Yet you still produce a similar collection because all fashion is referential. | 但你还是制造了与之相似的新款 因为所有时尚都会相互借鉴 |
[30:00] | Or would you consider that stealing too? | 又或者 你认为这算抄袭吗? |
[30:05] | Are you implying that I’m like Luxe? | 你在暗讽我跟拉克斯是一丘之貉? |
[30:07] | If the loafer fits. | 你说是就是喽 |
[30:08] | [Valdo scoffs] | |
[30:11] | They stole my work. | 他们盗用了我的设计 |
[30:13] | I paid a young designer for rights to her concept. | 而我付了钱给一位年轻设计师 换取她设计概念的使用权 |
[30:17] | Mainly so she didn’t have to take out a loan for FIT. | 主要为了让她 不必贷款去上纽约时装学院 |
[30:19] | I’m incredibly generous like that. | 我真的很慷慨 |
[30:22] | Aw. | |
[30:23] | So what about this? | 那这个呢? |
[30:26] | [sighs] | |
[30:28] | Are we really gonna do this? | 我们有必要这样吗? |
[30:31] | -Go over everything I’ve ever designed? -[Tyler] Hmm. | 把所有我设计过的东西 都拿出来说一遍? |
[30:33] | What can I say? | 我能说什么呢? |
[30:35] | I’ve got the time, the patience, | 我有时间 有耐心 |
[30:39] | and I am very, very good at my job. | 而且很擅长这份工作 |
[30:43] | [whimsical music plays] | |
[30:45] | So shall we proceed? | 那我们继续吧? |
[31:08] | -[indistinct whispering] -[man 1] You talk to her. | |
[31:10] | -We don’t want to scare her. -[man 2] Well, I… | -我们别吓着她 -可是我… |
[31:12] | -[man 1] Is she okay? Just… -[man 2] Just… | -她还好吗?就… -就… |
[31:14] | [man 1] Oh. Uh… | |
[31:16] | [man 1 exhales] | |
[31:20] | Can I help you? | 找我有事? |
[31:22] | Um… | |
[31:24] | Hunter told us that you suggested we be in the skit this year. | 亨特说 你提议让我们出演今年的短剧 |
[31:28] | And we wanted to say, “thank you.” | 我们想过来跟你说声谢谢 |
[31:33] | Oh. | |
[31:36] | Uh… | |
[31:37] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[31:38] | We can’t begin to tell you how excited we are. | 你不知道我们有多兴奋 |
[31:40] | Yeah. We know how Tax is seen around here. [chuckles] | 是啊 我们知道 大家是怎么看税务部门的 |
[31:43] | We’re… we’re the uncool department | 我们是最老土的部门 |
[31:45] | that no one wants to sit with at the Jury Box. | 没人愿意在餐厅跟我们坐一块儿 |
[31:47] | No. That’s… that’s not… | 不 那不是… |
[31:52] | Like, kind of? | 有那么一点点吧? |
[31:53] | Well, that’s why this is so great. | 所以这真是太棒了 |
[31:55] | I mean, for the first time ever, we’ll have a chance to shine. | 破天荒头一遭 我们有了发光发热的机会 |
[31:59] | To be the stars of Parsons Valentine. | 成为帕森瓦伦汀之星的机会 |
[32:03] | Well, we just can’t wait to see what Hunter’s working up for us. | 我们等不及要看 亨特为我们撰写的剧本了 |
[32:09] | [chuckles nervously] | |
[32:11] | Okay, okay. We should go. Thank you. | 好了 我们该走了 谢谢你 |
[32:13] | -[chuckles] -[indistinct whispers] | |
[32:26] | -Hey. -[clears throat] | 嘿 |
[32:28] | -How’s my favorite skit writer? -Uh… | 我最爱的短剧编剧还好吗? |
[32:30] | Just fine. Um… | 挺好的 |
[32:32] | I’m just having a little bit of trouble with the opening. | 就是还没想好怎么开场 |
[32:35] | Okay. Well, you know what they say. | 好吧 俗话说得好 |
[32:38] | Every great idea starts with a blank page, right? | 伟大的想法 都是从一片空白开始的 对吧? (谷歌搜索:如何写短剧) |
[32:40] | [Hunter inhales] | |
[32:47] | Yeah. Okay. | 对 好吧 |
[32:48] | Um… | |
[32:50] | You know what? | 这么着吧? |
[32:52] | Don’t worry about it. | 别费心了 |
[32:57] | I’ll write the skit. | 剧本我来写 |
[32:59] | Are you sure? It’s a lot of work. | 你确定?工作量很大的 |
[33:01] | Don’t make me take it back. | 别逼我反悔 |
[33:06] | Zip it. | 闭嘴 |
[33:13] | Oh my God. That was so scary. | 天啊 吓死我了 |
[33:15] | [breathes deeply] | |
[33:16] | [pop music playing] | |
[33:24] | So with permit and contract issues, | 所以 考虑到许可证和合约的问题 |
[33:26] | we suspect there’s something going on with Green Tech. | 我们怀疑绿色科技出了什么问题 |
[33:29] | [Ted] Oh, do ya? [chuckles] | 是吗?你们可真有趣 |
[33:31] | You guys are a real hoot. | |
[33:32] | I’m not sure I’m following, Ted. | 我不太明白你的意思 泰德 |
[33:34] | Now don’t you think I know all that? I have spies everywhere. | 你们以为我不知道这些吗? 到处都有我的眼线 |
[33:39] | Z Min’s not some evil mastermind. | 小Z不是什么邪恶的幕后黑手 |
[33:41] | He’s just shutting down production on lithium-ion batteries. | 他只是打算停止生产锂离子电池 |
[33:44] | So he wouldn’t need a hazardous-waste permit. | 所以他不再需要有害废物排放许可了 |
[33:46] | Uh, and the vanadium? | 那钒材料呢? |
[33:48] | Well, my fella on the inside tells me | 我收到内部消息 |
[33:49] | they’re working on a new iron-sulfate flow battery. | 他们正在研制一种 新型硫酸铁液流电池 |
[33:54] | If they could make flow batteries that were affordable | 如果他们能制造出平价的液流电池 |
[33:56] | and big enough for renewable storage, | 且保证其蓄电能力足够强大 |
[33:59] | that would revolutionize clean energy. | 那将是清洁能源的一场革新 |
[34:01] | You can bet your fanny it would. | 可不是嘛 |
[34:04] | That’s one of the main reasons | 那正是我看上了闵氏企业的原因之一 |
[34:05] | I was interested in acquiring Min Enterprises in the first place. | |
[34:08] | Tech like that? 60-something dollars per kilowatt-hour? | 像那样的科技?60多美元每千瓦时? |
[34:11] | That is no friend to gas and oil. | 那对天然气和石油很不友好 |
[34:14] | Which is why it’s crucial this deal goes through, so we can shut down Green Tech. | 所以这场交易必须成功 好让我们关停绿色科技 |
[34:19] | It’s a killer acquisition. | 这是杀手型并购 |
[34:21] | Wait, Ted, are you sure you’re making the right decision? | 你确定这样的决定是正确的吗? |
[34:23] | Think about what Z’s tech could mean for Sun Corp. | 其实小Z的科技 可以成为太阳集团的助力 |
[34:26] | Isn’t it better to invest in a new kind of energy? | 投资新能源 是更明智的选择 不是吗? |
[34:28] | Now you’re talking like NewLeaf. | 你这个论调像极了“新一叶” |
[34:30] | I’m sorry. Who? | 不好意思 谁? |
[34:31] | This secret activist hedge fund that’s trying to start a proxy war. | 一个神秘的主动型对冲基金 企图挑起代理人大战 |
[34:34] | It’s nothing serious. | 不是什么了不得的东西 |
[34:36] | Cow dung on my shoe. | 就是鞋子上沾的一块牛粪 |
[34:39] | I will feel a lot better once I suss out who’s behind the whole thing. | 等我把幕后操手揪出来 就会舒坦多了 |
[34:43] | You see, what these NewLeaf hippies don’t understand | 这些自称“新一叶”的嬉皮士不明白 |
[34:47] | is that my investors want short-term profits. | 投资者想要的是短期利益 |
[34:49] | They’re not interested in changing the world. | 他们对改变世界不感兴趣 |
[34:51] | And I’ll be long dead before green energy truly overtakes gas and oil. | 等到绿色能源真正取代油气的时候 我早就入了土 |
[34:56] | So money’s no good in heaven… | 到时候天堂也好 地狱也罢 钱对我来说已经没有用处了 |
[34:58] | [chuckles] …or the other place. | |
[35:00] | What about other renewable companies? Shutting down Green Tech won’t stop them. | 那其他可再生能源公司呢? 关停绿色科技并不能阻挡他们的脚步 |
[35:03] | Well, that’s what I have you fine folks for. | 所以我才要找你们啊 |
[35:06] | To buy up substantial threats. | 协助我收购潜在的威胁 |
[35:09] | And Z? You can shut his company down now, | 那小Z呢?你可以关停他的公司 |
[35:11] | but what’s to stop him from starting a new one? | 但你如何阻止他开启一个新的呢? |
[35:14] | Well, I suppose you’ll just have to make sure he doesn’t. Jesus Christ. | 那就请你确保他不会那么做呗 天呐 |
[35:18] | We will take care of that. Don’t worry. | 我们会处理的 别担心 |
[35:19] | You have a good night, Ted. | 晚安 泰德 |
[35:22] | That’s a good idea, Yun. | 刚才的提议很好 允 |
[35:24] | Call Z Min. Get him to agree to a non-compete. | 打给小Z 让他签署竞业条款 |
[35:27] | -Wait, Marty, I’m not sure– -[Marty] Is there a problem? | -等等 马蒂… -有问题吗? |
[35:30] | I’m sure Murphy can make that call. | 我相信墨菲可以代劳 |
[35:36] | No, it’s fine. | 不 没问题 |
[35:40] | Attagirl. | 好姑娘 |
[35:42] | [Savannah] I’m sorry. Your car is here, Mr. Adler. | 您的车到了 艾德勒先生 |
[35:54] | Wow. | 哇哦 |
[35:56] | Point, set, and match. | 到赛点了 |
[36:01] | [Murphy exhales] | |
[36:07] | Aren’t you supposed to be in the middle of a deposition? | 你不是应该在做庭外质询吗? |
[36:10] | Valdo requests a bathroom break every ten minutes. | 瓦尔多每隔十分钟 就要求中场休息上厕所 |
[36:12] | He either has a bowel problem, a coke problem, or both. | 他不是肠胃有问题就是在吸毒 或者二者兼具 |
[36:16] | What’s the update? | 进展如何? |
[36:17] | I’m giving them an intentional peek at our strategy. | 我在向他们展示策略 |
[36:19] | Showing Valdo’s rep all the ways we’ll destroy him if this goes to trial. | 让瓦尔多的律师代表看看 如果这事闹上法庭 他会身败名裂 |
[36:23] | -And he hasn’t budged. -It’s the first day. | -而他不为所动 -这只是第一天 |
[36:25] | And tomorrow will be the second day, then third, | 明天就是第二天 在那之后 我们就要在众目睽睽之下出庭了 |
[36:27] | then we’ll be in court with all eyes on us. | |
[36:29] | [Raymond sighs] | |
[36:30] | I got word from a friend at Kirkland and Ellis. | 一个在柯克兰和艾力斯律所的朋友 告诉我 |
[36:32] | -They’re meeting with our clients. -Which ones? | -他们在会见我们的客户 -哪些客户? |
[36:35] | It doesn’t matter. You flashed our underbelly. | 那不是重点 重点是 你令我们示弱于人前了 |
[36:37] | Now our rivals are preying on our weakness. | 而我们的竞争对手正乘虚而入 |
[36:40] | -We need a show of strength. -I am working on it. | -我们需要展现力量 -我在努力 |
[36:43] | Not fast enough. I’m sorry. I need you off Luxe. | 收效速度太慢 抱歉 我要把你调离拉克斯的案子 |
[36:48] | Raymond, please. | 拜托 |
[36:51] | I need this. I am on the partner track. | 我需要这个案子 我在争取升合伙人 |
[36:53] | Maybe you would’ve made it | 若你没有背着我行动 |
[36:54] | if you hadn’t gone behind my back and gotten us stuck in this situation. | 害我们卷进这场风波 也许你会成功晋升 |
[36:58] | -I can still fix this. -Really? | -我还可以挽回局面 -是吗? |
[37:00] | How? | 怎么挽回? |
[37:18] | You know? A nice print with that suit, and you’d be a real stunner. | 给那身西服加上一些漂亮的印花 你会帅气逼人的 |
[37:21] | Mmm. I’ll take that under advisement. | 我会考虑的 |
[37:25] | Why are you doing this? The lawsuit. | 你究竟为什么打这场官司? |
[37:28] | Most people are just in it for the money, but I’m not sure you are. | 大部分人会是为了钱 但我不认为你是 |
[37:32] | You don’t think I wanna buy my own island | 你不认为我会想买一座岛 |
[37:33] | and populate it with beautiful women and pictures of myself? | 岛上住满美女、到处贴满我的照片? 你当然想 我只是不确定 这是你打官司的理由 |
[37:36] | You definitely do. I’m just not so sure that’s what this is about. | |
[37:40] | You wanna punish them. Luxe. | 你想惩罚拉克斯 |
[37:46] | You’re right. I do. | 你说得对 我确实想 |
[37:48] | Because I know how they think, the people in power. | 因为我知道这些手握权势的人 是怎么想的 |
[37:51] | See, they believe that because they have the money and the resources, and the, uh… | 他们认为只要有钱和资源 还有… |
[37:55] | they can keep doing whatever they want, to whomever they want. | 就能对任何人为所欲为 |
[37:58] | And they will until someone takes a stand. | 他们会一直这样下去 直到有人挺身而出 |
[38:00] | And that someone is you? | 那个人就是你? |
[38:03] | There’s nothing that will change your mind? | 你无论如何都不会回心转意? |
[38:08] | [sighs] | |
[38:13] | What’s this? | 这是什么? |
[38:14] | Proof that you lied on your ’01 visa application and to your sponsor. | 你在2001年申请签证时撒了谎 而且欺骗了你的资助人 |
[38:19] | Yeah. It’s all there. | 对 这就是证据 |
[38:21] | You need to prove extraordinary ability or achievement, | 你需要证明自己有出众的才能或成就 |
[38:24] | so you claim you won the Cuban Designer’s Collective Next Up Award. | 于是就声称赢得了 古巴设计师共同进步奖 |
[38:27] | But you didn’t. Nestor Delgado did. | 但你没有 获奖的是奈斯特戴加多 |
[38:30] | In fact, the CuDC doesn’t even know who you are. | 事实上 赛委会甚至都不知道你是谁 |
[38:38] | Who knows about this? | 还有谁知道这件事? |
[38:39] | Who do you want to know? Be smart. | 你希望谁知道?拜托放聪明一点 |
[38:42] | I’d hate to see you get deported over this. | 我可不想看到你因此被驱逐出境 |
[38:45] | [Valdo clears throat] | |
[38:47] | I’ll drop the lawsuit. | 我会撤诉的 |
[38:48] | And delete the shit-posting about my client. | 以及删除所有恶意引战的帖子 |
[38:51] | [Valdo sighs] | |
[38:57] | For what it’s worth, I’m sorry. | 不管怎样 我想向你道歉 |
[39:00] | I changed my mind. | 我改主意了 |
[39:02] | Don’t bother with the print. | 印花的事当我没说 |
[39:04] | Beauty comes from within. | 美丽源自于内心 |
[39:15] | [exhales] | |
[39:20] | [exhales] | |
[39:26] | [exhales] | |
[39:32] | [Ingrid sighs] | |
[39:33] | You know, you could probably wait. | 你可以迟一些再打的 |
[39:38] | No. | 不 |
[39:39] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[39:43] | [breathes deeply] | |
[39:47] | -[Z] Hello? -[Ingrid inhales] | 喂? |
[39:48] | Z, hi. Hello. This is Ingrid Yun with Parsons Valentine & Hunt. | 小Z 你好 我是帕森瓦伦汀和亨特 律师事务所的英格丽允 |
[39:52] | We met a couple weeks ago. | 我们几周前见过面 我记得 |
[39:54] | I remember. | |
[39:56] | After all, it’s not every day that someone tells me off. | 毕竟 不是每天都能碰到 把我臭骂一顿的人 |
[39:59] | At least not to my face. | 至少不是当着我的面 |
[40:01] | Sorry about that. I normally lead with a little more tact. | 很抱歉 我通常会表达得 更委婉得体一些的 |
[40:05] | No, no, no. Don’t apologize. | 不 不用道歉 |
[40:06] | It was honest. That’s rare these days. | 你很诚实 如今这是难得的品质 |
[40:10] | In fact, that is why we have decided to go with Sun Corp. | 事实上 正因如此 我们才会决定选择太阳集团 |
[40:15] | Actually, that’s why I’m calling. | 所以我才会打这通电话 |
[40:16] | We’re deep in due diligence over here | 我们正在做尽职调查 |
[40:18] | and are you working on a new kind of flow battery? | 我想问你是不是 正在开发一种新型液流电池? |
[40:21] | You got that from contracts and line items? I’m impressed. | 你能从合约和分账项目里 看出这个?厉害 |
[40:25] | And so is Ted Lassiter, with you. | 泰德拉希特也对你另眼相看 |
[40:28] | He understands how revolutionary your work is for renewable energy. | 他明白你的这项成果 对可再生能源具有怎样的革新意义 |
[40:32] | And how valuable it would be to keep you in the Sun Corp family. | 你会是太阳集团这个大家庭 宝贵的一员 |
[40:35] | Ted would like to offer you an employment agreement. | 泰德想跟你签订劳动合同 好让我成为他的提线木偶 |
[40:38] | Mmm. So he can own me. | |
[40:40] | [exhales] | |
[40:41] | Always the pessimist. | 别这么消极 你也跟工程师签合同 你会操纵他们吗? |
[40:43] | You contract engineers. Do you own them? | |
[40:46] | No. | 不会 |
[40:47] | Exactly. Because what this agreement really is | 没错 因为这个合同其实就是 |
[40:50] | is a vote of confidence in your abilities. | 对你能力的认可 |
[40:52] | There’s a bunch of stuff in there you don’t care about. | 合同还包含其他内容 虽然你并不在乎 |
[40:54] | -Perks, 401k, standard non-compete– -Ingrid, stop. | -津贴、401k退休福利、竞业条款… -英格丽 别说了 |
[40:58] | What do you think? | 那你的想法呢? |
[41:02] | Me? | 我? |
[41:03] | Yeah. The girl brave enough to call me “a poor little rich boy.” | 对 那个敢当面说我是 “可怜的富家小子”的姑娘 |
[41:07] | [chuckles] | |
[41:08] | I don’t think I used those exact words. | 我好像没这么说过吧 |
[41:10] | The one who’s intent on making an impact. What do you think? | 那个想让世界变得更美好的姑娘 你怎么看? |
[41:17] | I think Ted knows you’re capable of changing the world. | 我认为泰德知道你有能力改变世界 |
[41:21] | And I’d bet my money on him being right. | 我坚信他是对的 |
[41:28] | Okay. | 好吧 把相关文书发到我办公室 |
[41:30] | Send the paperwork to my office. | |
[41:33] | Great. | 太好了 |
[41:34] | -That’s… that’s great news. -Glad I could make your day. | -真是好消息 -很高兴能帮到你 还有 英格丽 |
[41:37] | Oh, and Ingrid, | |
[41:40] | you were right about me. | 你说得对 |
[41:42] | I am a little judgmental, | 我有点爱评判别人 |
[41:45] | but it’s only because I’m protective of my company and the world. | 但那只是因为 我想保护我的公司和这个世界 |
[41:51] | Because someone has to be, right? | 总得有人这么做 不是吗? |
[41:53] | Right. | 对 |
[41:56] | -Bye, Z. -Bye. | -再见 小Z -再见 |
[41:59] | [exhales] | |
[42:00] | [“Collapse” by Vancouver Sleep Clinic playing] | |
[42:02] | We have to stop meeting like this. | 我们不能再像这样开会了 |
[42:06] | [Ingrid sighs] | |
[42:09] | Sorry. I didn’t… I didn’t realize. | 抱歉 我没意识到 |
[42:12] | I guess now we’re even. | 我们现在扯平了 |
[42:14] | [Ingrid exhales] | |
[42:16] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[42:20] | You didn’t do anything wrong. | 你没有做错什么 |
[42:23] | Right and wrong, good and bad. | 对与错 好与坏 |
[42:26] | The world’s not that simple. | 世事不是如此简单定义的 |
[42:29] | And neither are we. | 我们也不是 |
[42:32] | I thought I was different. | 我以为我不一样 |
[42:34] | No. | 不 |
[42:36] | You’re just like the rest of us mortal folk. | 你跟我们其他凡人一样 |
[42:39] | Real. Flawed. | 真实 有缺点 |
[42:43] | It’s what makes you interesting. | 这就是你的有趣之处 |
[42:51] | Wait. What are you doing? | 等等 你想干什么? |
[42:54] | I’m sorry. I… I thought that… | 对不起 我以为… |
[42:56] | Not everything is an opportunity, Murphy. | 别凡事都想抓住机会 墨菲 |
[42:58] | [sighs] | |
[43:02] | You know, you don’t know me, Ingrid. | 你不了解我 英格丽 |
[43:07] | And I’m not sure you know yourself either. | 也许你甚至都不了解自己 |
[43:13] | [scoffs] | |
[43:19] | [“Collapse” continues playing] | |
[44:14] | [“Collapse” fades out] |