时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | -Come on. I need to get dressed. -No. | -别闹啦 我该去穿衣服了 -不要 |
[00:19] | I wish my mom were alive. She would’ve loved you. | 要是我妈妈还在就好了 她一定会喜欢你的 |
[00:24] | Has this ring really been in your family for over 100 years? | 这枚戒指真的在你家 有一百多年的历史了吗? |
[00:28] | Mm-hmm. | |
[00:32] | What’s up, Sugarplum? | 怎么了 糖梅仙子? 没什么 |
[00:33] | Nothing. | |
[00:35] | -Mmm. | |
[00:37] | Tell me. | 告诉我吧 |
[00:39] | It’s just | 就是瑞秋、泰勒和我总说 我们三个谁要是订婚了 |
[00:41] | Rachel, Tyler, and I always said… | |
[00:43] | …if one of us got engaged, | |
[00:45] | we’d drink champagne on a carriage ride in Central Park, | 一定要在中央公园坐马车喝香槟庆祝 |
[00:49] | and now they’re not really speaking to me. | 可现在他们都不愿跟我说话了 |
[00:53] | Well, Rachel might see it at the office. She’ll definitely ask you about it. | 等到了律所 瑞秋看见戒指一定会问你的 |
[00:57] | I can’t wear it to the office. | 我不能戴着它去律所 艾伦楚桑德森六年级时 原本有望升合伙人 |
[01:01] | Ellen Sanderson was on track to make partner sixth year, | |
[01:03] | but she showed up with a ring– | 但后来她戴着戒指上班… |
[01:04] | -And now she’s… -Of counsel. | -现在她成了… -特邀律师 |
[01:06] | -What is wrong with that? -It’s not partner. | 那有什么不好? 那不是合伙人 |
[01:09] | This sounds apocryphal. Or coincidental. | 听起来像是谣传 或者纯属巧合 |
[01:11] | -Call me superstitious. | 就当我迷信吧 |
[01:16] | Salt mines? | 律所有事? |
[01:18] | No. Actually, it’s my apartment. | 不 是我的公寓 |
[01:21] | The repairs are done. I can go home. | 维修完成了 我可以回家了 |
[01:26] | You know, this could be your home. We’re already engaged. | 这里也可以是你的家 我们已经订婚了 (玛格 你快来吧 今天超忙!) |
[01:30] | Oh shoot. I have to change. I’m gonna be late. | 我得去换衣服了 要迟到了 |
[01:34] | Oh, make sure to grab my dress for the gala? | 记得去取我要在庆典上穿的裙子哦 我最喜欢的那条粉色裙子 |
[01:36] | You know, my favorite, the pink one. | |
[01:38] | Didn’t you wear this to the Philharmonic? | 你不是穿去看过 爱乐乐团的表演了吗? |
[01:40] | You’re a Laren now. You gotta keep ’em guessing. | 你现在是拉伦家的人了 不能总穿同一条裙子 |
[01:42] | I rotate through all my dresses. I’m gonna have to pull a repeat. | 我会轮流穿的 但总有重样的时候 |
[01:45] | Okay. Well, you know, my mother’s earrings would go great with that dress. | 好吧 我妈妈的耳环跟那条裙子很搭 |
[01:50] | Smart man. | 聪明 |
[01:53] | That’s so weird. I could’ve sworn they were in here. | 奇怪 我明明放在这里面的 |
[01:55] | Oh don’t worry. I’ll ask Isabel. | 别着急 我回头问问伊莎贝尔 |
[01:59] | Maybe in the future, | 你以后不戴的时候 可以把耳环放进保险柜 |
[02:00] | you could put ’em in the safe when you’re not wearing them. | |
[02:02] | -It has to be in here somewhere. -You’ll shine either way, Sugarplum. | -一定就在这盒子里 -你怎么样都好看 糖梅仙子 |
[02:06] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[02:07] | Speaking of, should we take the ring to the gala tonight? | 说到首饰 今晚把戒指带去参加庆典吧? 给你父母瞧瞧 告诉他们这个好消息? |
[02:11] | Show it to your parents and tell them the good news? | |
[02:15] | Yeah. Sounds good. | 好呀 听起来不错 |
[02:19] | -Is it weird that I’m nervous? -No. It’s sweet. | -我有点紧张 这样奇怪吗? -不奇怪 很可爱 |
[02:22] | But don’t be, you’re every parent’s dream. | 但不用紧张 你是所有父母心目中的理想女婿 |
[02:25] | Right. I’ll see you later. Don’t forget the dress. | 好了 回头见 别忘了裙子 |
[02:48] | Which one says playwright? | 哪副更有剧作家气质? |
[02:52] | Don’t you have perfect vision? | 你的视力好像没问题吧? |
[02:55] | I have a follow-up interview | 新晋编剧培养项目 |
[02:56] | for the Emerging Writers Fellowship and I want to look the part. | 有一个后续面试 我想穿戴得宜 |
[02:59] | And you want my fashion advice? I mean… | 你跟我寻求时尚建议? |
[03:02] | Well, obviously, Tyler is my first choice, | 显然 我会首选征求泰勒的意见 |
[03:04] | but he’s kind of going through a lot right now, and Ingrid is… | 但他现在烦心事太多 而英格丽又不知所谓 |
[03:07] | …Ingrid. | |
[03:09] | So… | 所以 说吧 我身穿闪亮户外服的骑士 |
[03:11] | -…come on, my knight in shining Patagonia. -Mmm. | |
[03:18] | All right. Let’s take a look. | 好嘞 我们来瞧瞧 |
[03:20] | -Hey, think about the planet. -It’s recycled bamboo. | -嘿 为地球考虑考虑吧 -这是可回收的竹子 |
[03:23] | Yeah, but you’re not supposed to throw one away every day. | 那也不能每天扔一根呀 |
[03:25] | This is New York City. Sink real estate is holy. | 这里是纽约市 洗漱台是很神圣的地方 |
[03:28] | Now, which ones? | 说吧 哪一副更好? |
[03:31] | Hmm. | |
[03:35] | I like them both, but I think the thin, wired ones. | 我两个都喜欢 但细边金属框那副更合适 |
[03:37] | -Really? -Yeah. | -真的吗? -对 |
[03:39] | But these ones are giving, like, a total dark-and-tortured vibe. | 但这副眼镜有种饱经沧桑的暗黑气质 |
[03:43] | Oh, are you dark and tortured? | 你内心阴暗、饱经沧桑吗? |
[03:45] | Masochism and I are friends. | 我就喜欢受虐呀 |
[03:48] | With benefits. | 在床上的时候 |
[03:50] | Eh. | |
[03:52] | What? | 怎么啦? |
[03:54] | You don’t have to wear glasses to be a writer. You’re a writer. | 你不用靠戴眼镜来扮演作家 你就是剧作家 |
[03:56] | I’m not. Not on paper, anyway. I mean… | 我不是 反正明面上不是 万一他们看到我 就只有一个念头怎么办? |
[03:59] | Look, what if they look at me and all they think is, | |
[04:02] | “She’s a brilliant lawyer with an… an impeccable sense of style”? | “她真是个精明的律师 审美无可挑剔” |
[04:06] | Well, I think you should just go in there and be yourself. | 我觉得你以真实的面貌过去就好 |
[04:16] | Oh. All right. You… | 好了 -不行 我得走了 -好吧 |
[04:18] | No. I’m… I’m gonna walk away. You know? -All right. | |
[04:21] | -You know the drill. Wait ten minutes. -Why do I always have to be the late one? | -老规矩 你过十分钟再走 -为什么总是我做晚到的那个? |
[04:25] | Because Ingrid already thinks you’re a fuckup. Just… ride the wave. | 因为英格丽一直觉得你是个混子 咱们就顺水推舟呗 (尼克:糖梅仙子 你想在 《纽约时报》上发布婚讯吗?) (我会联系派对策划 帮我们筹办订婚宴) |
[05:05] | Anything? | 有什么发现? |
[05:06] | She took a granola bar. Peanut butter. | 她拿了根燕麦棒 还有花生酱 |
[05:07] | Anything else? | 还有别的吗? |
[05:08] | She said Gavin Dunmore, | 她说盖文邓摩 |
[05:11] | that sorry excuse for a lawyer, moved into Tyler’s office this morning. | 那个半吊子律师搬进了泰勒的办公室 |
[05:15] | Rachel is your nearest and dearest. Can’t you just break the ice? | 瑞秋是你最好的朋友 你就不能主动去示个好吗? |
[05:20] | They’re both just so mad at me. | 他们都在生我的气 |
[05:22] | Now my trusty council isn’t around while my life is going off a cliff. | 我的智囊团不在身边 而我的生活正在滑向深渊 |
[05:25] | In a Rolls-Royce, but still. | 虽然是坐在劳斯莱斯上 |
[05:27] | And partner announcements are around the corner. | 而且升合伙人的名单马上就要宣布了 |
[05:29] | All right. Lay it on me. | 好吧 跟我说说 |
[05:33] | Nick and I are telling my parents about the engagement tonight. | 尼克和我准备把订婚的消息 告诉我爸妈了 |
[05:36] | And he also wants me to move in. | 他还想让我正式搬去跟他一起住 |
[05:38] | Permanently. | |
[05:39] | Makes sense. Are… are you excited? | 很合理啊 你激动吗? |
[05:43] | I don’t know. It’s all just feeling fast. | 我不知道 我就感觉进展太快了 |
[05:46] | When you know, you know. | 时候到了你自然会知道的 |
[05:49] | -But I don’t know. -But you said yes. | -可我不知道啊 -但你答应了他的求婚 |
[05:51] | I was in the moment, and, I mean, how could I not? Nick is amazing. | 我一时头脑发热了 况且 我怎么能拒绝呢?尼克真的很好 |
[05:55] | But you also have the hots for London pants. | 但你还是对伦敦帅哥念念不忘 |
[05:57] | I… I’ve seen the wistful stares across the Jury Box. | 我看到你在餐厅留恋的目光了 |
[06:02] | Meeting just got added to your schedule. | 你的日程表刚刚加入了一场会议 |
[06:05] | Litigation got staffed on the St. Clair case | 圣克莱尔的诉讼案负责人定下来了 |
[06:07] | and needs to be briefed before the client arrives. | 你需要在客户到达前跟她交接 |
[06:09] | Which litigator? | 诉讼律师是谁? |
[06:36] | Are you gonna visit your family for Thanksgiving? | 你感恩节要去探望家人吗? |
[06:39] | I just saw them for my birthday. | 我生日那天才刚见过他们 |
[06:45] | Look, Rachel. I’m really– | 瑞秋 我真的… |
[06:47] | So what’s the problem here? | 问题出在哪儿? |
[06:50] | We offered Victoria’s husband the mid-price hotel chain | 我们提出在离婚协议里 将中等价位连锁酒店 |
[06:53] | for the divorce settlement, but he refused. | 划分给维多利亚的丈夫 但他拒绝了 |
[06:56] | You offered him a shitty deal. Sounds familiar. | 你给人提出一个差劲的交易 听着挺耳熟啊 |
[06:59] | A deal that was in the best interest of my client. | 我的提议是基于客户利益的最优解 |
[07:01] | It’s always in the best interest of someone, isn’t it? | 总是满口说着为了别人好 |
[07:04] | Rachel, just say what you wanna say. | 瑞秋 你就有话直说吧 |
[07:09] | You sold your soul, Ingrid. | 你出卖了灵魂 英格丽 |
[07:11] | My boss ordered me to do something. What was I supposed to do? | 我上司命令我做事 我能怎么办? |
[07:14] | Say no. | 拒绝 |
[07:16] | Don’t you come up with brilliant solves for your clients? | 你能为客户想出各种巧妙的解决方案 |
[07:18] | And suddenly, you’re out of ideas for your best friend? | 而事关你最好的朋友 你就束手无策了? |
[07:20] | I didn’t have a choice. | 我没得选啊 |
[07:23] | You have no idea how hard it is to be a person of color at this firm. | 你不知道一个有色人种 在这间律所打拼有多么艰难 |
[07:26] | -I think Tyler knows exactly how you feel. -I feel fucking awful. | -我想泰勒完全能够理解你的感受 -我感觉糟透了 |
[07:31] | I miss you guys. | 我好想你们 |
[07:32] | I miss you and Tyler so much. I have so many things I wanna tell you– | 我好想你和泰勒 我有好多事情想跟你们说… |
[07:36] | Stop. That’s it right there. That’s the problem. | 打住 问题就在这里 |
[07:40] | Girl, we all have things to tell each other, | 姑娘 我们都有心事要倾诉 |
[07:42] | but these days, all you seem to care about is yourself. | 但最近这段时间 你在乎的只有你自己 |
[07:45] | If you cared about me, | 如果你真的在乎我 早该发现我一直在跟贾斯汀上床了 |
[07:46] | then maybe you would’ve noticed I’ve been fucking Justin. | |
[07:52] | You could do worse. | 眼光不错 |
[07:55] | Victoria St. Clair, Rachel Friedman. Rachel, Victoria St. Clair. | 这位是维多利亚圣克莱尔 这是瑞秋弗莱德曼 |
[08:00] | I’ll leave you to it. You’re in great hands. | 那我就不打扰了 案子交给她 你大可放心 |
[08:04] | Hi. | 嗨 (马尔科姆X大道) |
[08:12] | My man’s gonna be interviewed by The New Yorker today. | 我家帅哥 今天要接受《纽约客》的采访了 |
[08:17] | -Look alive, baby. -Trying. | -打起精神来 宝贝 -努力中 |
[08:19] | Okay. What else would make you feel your best? | 好吧 怎样才能让你回到最佳状态? |
[08:22] | Not gonna lie. Not really feeling at my best. | 老实说 我状态欠佳 |
[08:25] | You have nothing to worry about. We know all the questions. No surprises. | 你不用担心 采访的问题 我们都知道了 不会出现意外的 |
[08:36] | Ooh la la. | |
[08:38] | You’re glowing. | 你现在容光焕发呢 |
[08:40] | Here are the talking points we printed last week. | 这是我们上周打印出来的谈话要点 |
[08:42] | You can reference them. | 供你随时参考 记住 这是一篇有关 |
[08:44] | Remember, it’s a classy think piece | |
[08:46] | on microaggressions in the modern workplace. | 当代职场微歧视的经典评论文章 |
[08:48] | You’re iconic now. You got this. | 你现在是代表人物了 你可以的 |
[08:51] | -Do you really think this is gonna help? -100%. | -你真认为这么做有帮助? -我很肯定 |
[08:53] | This will get you back on track. | 这能助你重回正轨 |
[08:55] | Am I off track? | 我现在脱离正轨了吗? |
[08:57] | There’s a lot of followers that are really supportive of my post. | 有很多粉丝声援我哦 |
[09:00] | True. But Instagram followers aren’t offering you jobs. | 没错 但IG上的粉丝不能给你饭碗 |
[09:05] | Be part of the conversation, and the job offers will come. | 我向你保证 只要掌握了话语权 工作机会自然随之而来 |
[09:08] | I promise. | |
[09:12] | He won’t take the Wellspier chain. | 他拒不接受威斯拜尔连锁酒店 |
[09:14] | He sent over a counter and added a personal note. | 还发来了附带私人备注的还价信 |
[09:16] | Would you like me to relay it to you? | 要我向你转述吗? |
[09:19] | I personally find it unnecessary. | 我个人觉得没必要 |
[09:22] | Heaven forbid Alistair miss a chance for theatrics. | 艾利斯特不会放过任何 博人眼球的机会 |
[09:25] | Come on, then. Let’s hear it. | 说来听听吧 |
[09:35] | “Victoria, let’s remember when I was your other half.” | “维多利亚 请勿忘记 我曾是你的另一半 |
[09:38] | “Your vessel and my staff.” | 你我相互扶持 休戚与共 |
[09:41] | “Two stars, we shined in the same constellation.” | 宛如在同一星座闪耀的一对璀璨星辰 |
[09:44] | “Now, I’m insulted and left with cold consolation.” | 而如今 你留给我的竟是羞辱 和于事无补的安慰” |
[09:48] | Oh, didn’t I tell you? I’m divorcing Lord Byron himself. | 我没告诉过你吗? 我在跟一位大诗人离婚呢 |
[09:55] | He wants the St. Clair Plaza. | 他想要圣克莱尔广场酒店 |
[09:56] | How charmingly predictable. | 果然不出我所料 |
[09:59] | I’ve never met a man who could handle a woman’s success. | 我从没遇到过一个男人 能接受女人的成功 |
[10:03] | You know why I’m so good at my job? | 知道我为什么如此擅长这份工作吗? |
[10:05] | I don’t work the law, I work the man. | 我玩转的不是法律 而是人心 |
[10:08] | So why don’t you tell me about him? | 你何不向我介绍一下他呢? |
[10:12] | It’s a tale as old as time. | 就是那种老掉牙的故事 |
[10:14] | We were young, in love, ambitious. | 青春年少、雄心勃勃的两个人 坠入了爱河 |
[10:19] | -I thought there was no need for a prenup. -Oh, girl. | -我以为没必要签婚前协议 -天呐 |
[10:22] | Anyway. Alistair had all the potential in the world to start his own empire, | 总之 艾利斯特完全有潜力 开创属于自己的帝国 |
[10:26] | but he used his brilliant mind to look for the quick quid. | 但他却把那精明的头脑 用在了赚快钱上 |
[10:30] | Hence, the gambling. | -也就是赌博 -赌博? 可别提了 就连赌博他都要走捷径 |
[10:30] | -Gambling? -Oh don’t get me started. | |
[10:33] | Even when he gambles, he’s always after the shortcut. | |
[10:35] | Card counting, counterfeit chips– | 算牌、伪造筹码… |
[10:37] | I can work with that. | -我可以利用这一点 -很好 |
[10:38] | Great. | |
[10:45] | I like a woman who knows how to exploit a man’s weakness. | 我喜欢善于利用男人弱点的女人 |
[10:48] | Be careful with this one, young man. She knows exactly what she’s doing. | 当心喽 年轻人 这姑娘可不简单 |
[10:54] | Yes, she does. | 是的 我也这么认为 |
[10:56] | -Get outta here. -Yes, ma’am. | -出去 -遵命 |
[11:17] | You actually read that M&A newsletter? Waste of time, if you ask me. | 你居然读并购简报? 要我说 这就是浪费时间 |
[11:21] | Guess what, Dan? No one fucking asked you. | 知道吗 丹?没人要问你的意见 允 真让我心碎 干吗这么冲啊? |
[11:24] | Oh, Yun. Breaking my heart. Why are you so hostile? | |
[11:29] | You know why. | 你知道为什么 |
[11:31] | Some people can’t hack it. | 有些人就是承受能力太差 |
[11:35] | Look. I know shit went a little far, | 听着 我知道这次玩笑开得有点大 |
[11:38] | but it’s not my fault Robinson took it so personally. | 但罗宾森非要往心里去 那可怪不得我 |
[11:41] | It is your fault, actually. What you say and do has consequences, Dan. | 还真就得怪你 一个人的言行是会造成后果的 丹 |
[11:45] | Stop being a child and own it. | 成熟点 负起责任来吧 |
[11:48] | Why is everyone so sensitive? | 为什么你们一个个都这么敏感啊? |
[12:02] | Ingrid. | 英格丽 |
[12:05] | Murphy! | 墨菲! |
[12:08] | Got a whale coming in, guys. Need my Bonnie and Clyde. | 律所即将迎来大客户 我需要二位双剑合璧 |
[12:11] | -Can I be Bonnie this time? -You think you’ve been Clyde? | -这次我来当辅助? -你以为你主导过吗? |
[12:14] | Cleo Bajaj, heiress to a real-estate empire in India. | 克丽欧芭佳吉 一个印度房地产帝国的继承人 |
[12:18] | She runs Intersection Principal Investment, | 她经营着一个大型私募股权基金 “交叉本金投资” |
[12:20] | a big private-equity fund. | |
[12:22] | I get the sense they are sitting on a big pile of cash | 直觉告诉我 他们手上有数不完的现金 |
[12:25] | and they are on the hunt. | 正在寻找猎物 |
[12:27] | We run the best M&A shop in town, and I’d like to make sure she knows that. | 我们是全市顶尖的并购团队 我想确保她知道这一点 |
[12:31] | Roberta emailed you the file. She’ll be here in an hour. | 罗伯塔已经把资料发送你们邮箱了 她一小时后到 |
[12:35] | -We’re on top of it. -Go get her. | -包在我们身上 -拿下她 |
[12:38] | Ingrid. | 英格丽 |
[12:40] | Jeff. | 杰夫 |
[12:41] | -“Jeff”? | “杰夫”? |
[12:44] | I think we should maybe perhaps talk? | 我们也许应该谈谈? |
[12:46] | “Talk”? | “谈谈”? |
[12:49] | How do you expect to plan a pitch in an hour if we “perhaps talk”? | 如果我们去“谈谈” 你打算怎么在一小时内做好简报? |
[12:57] | Relax, Ingrid, it’s just a meet and greet. We can perhaps talk later. | 放轻松 英格丽 不过是跟客户 见面打个招呼 我们可以之后再谈 |
[13:01] | Pardon me for wanting to know who I’m getting into bed with. | 不好意思哦 我喜欢先了解要打交道的人是谁 |
[13:06] | What I’m getting here is vague at best. | 我看到的介绍含糊不清 |
[13:08] | And now I keep getting redirected back to the same home page. | 我这里页面一直跳转回同一个主页 |
[13:11] | They’re here. | 她们到了 |
[13:15] | Ladies, welcome to Parsons Valentine & Hunt. | 女士们 欢迎来到帕森瓦伦汀和亨特 |
[13:19] | -I do hope you’ve made yourselves at home. -I’m Ingrid Yun. This is Jeff Murphy. | -希望各位宾至如归 -我是英格丽允 这是杰夫墨菲 |
[13:22] | We’re senior associates in Parsons’ robust M&A department. | 我们是帕森并购部门的高级律师 |
[13:25] | -Cleo Bajaj. Nice to meet you. -Pleasure. | -我是克丽欧芭佳吉 幸会 -幸会 |
[13:28] | These are my partners, Lacey Costa. | 她们是我的合伙人 蕾西科斯塔 |
[13:30] | -Hi. | -Hi. -你好 -你好 |
[13:31] | And Nella Scott. | 以及奈拉斯考特 |
[13:32] | Nella. That’s a beautiful name. Is it short for something? | 奈拉 真好听的名字 是简称吗? |
[13:36] | That’s my favorite part of these meet-and-greets, | 这是我最喜欢的环节了 被打领带的小帅哥搭讪 |
[13:38] | being flirted with by cute boys in ties. | |
[13:41] | -It’s short for Antonella. | 全称是安顿奈拉 |
[13:44] | Shall we? | 我们入坐吧? |
[13:52] | So, here at Parsons Valentine, | 帕森瓦伦汀 |
[13:54] | we strive to provide bespoke, full-service representation, | 致力于为所有客户 提供定制的全套服务 |
[13:57] | to all our clients. | |
[13:58] | Whether you’re looking to execute a massive multinational deal | 无论你们想做的是跨国交易 |
[14:01] | or a more tailored acquisition, | 还是目标更为明确的收购 |
[14:03] | we have the expertise and the experience to make sure everything goes smoothly. | 我们都将以一流的专业能力 和丰富的经验为客户保驾护航 |
[14:07] | Globally, 70 to 90% of M&A deals don’t go through. | 在全球范围内 并购案的失败率达七成至九成 |
[14:10] | Our New York office alone | 我们在纽约的分部 |
[14:11] | has successfully completed over 300 deals in two years. | 两年之内成功完成了三百余宗并购案 |
[14:14] | Three hundred out of how many? | 总共接手多少宗呢? |
[14:16] | Three… three hundred and forty-two. | 342宗 |
[14:21] | You’ve closed 87% of your deals? | 你们完成了87%的并购案? |
[14:24] | The highest push-through rate in the country. | 全国最高的成功率 |
[14:26] | I read somewhere, I think in the Journal, | 我在日报上看到 太阳集团对闵氏企业的并购仍未完结 |
[14:27] | that Sun Corp and Min Enterprises are still in process. | |
[14:30] | Yes. It’s typical for some of these large deals to take some time. | 是的 大宗交易通常要多费些时日 |
[14:32] | I’m just surprised by the whole transaction. | 我只是对整个交易感到意外 |
[14:35] | Min has some cutting-edge developments. Lassiter has always seemed so old-school. | 闵氏走在技术发展的前沿 而拉希特似乎一向传统守旧 |
[14:41] | -Don’t let the cowboy boots fool you. -He’s quite a character, right? | -别被那副牛仔的表象迷惑了 -他很有个性呀 |
[14:44] | Cowboy Santa. That’s what we call him here. | 牛仔圣诞老人 那是我们私底下对他的称呼 他究竟是怎样的人? |
[14:46] | -What’s he really like? | |
[14:51] | Gentlemen, Rachel Friedman. | 先生们好 我是瑞秋弗莱德曼 |
[14:54] | Elliot Croft. | 艾略特克劳夫特 |
[14:56] | Alistair St. Clair. | 艾利斯特圣克莱尔 |
[14:57] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[15:02] | Is Victoria coming? | 维多利亚会来吗? |
[15:03] | I’m sorry. She’s unavailable. | 很抱歉 她没空 |
[15:05] | Ain’t that the truth? | 可不是嘛 |
[15:08] | Did she get my poem? | 她收到我的诗了吗? |
[15:12] | She did. | 是的 |
[15:15] | How was your flight? | 航程还顺利吗? |
[15:16] | Oh I haven’t flown commercial in decades. It was tragic. | 我几十年没坐过商务舱了 旅途很悲惨 |
[15:19] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 我们开始吧? 他们在一起25年了 |
[15:21] | -Shall we get started? -They’ve been together for 25 years. | |
[15:24] | Insult us again, we’ll drag this out and bleed her for fees. | 若你再行羞辱 我们不介意打持久战 让她大放血 |
[15:27] | You and I will profit, but they’ll both be left with a whole lot less. | 你和我会从中得利 但他们二人口袋里的钱会大打折扣 |
[15:31] | Just to be clear, this is not what I want. | 事先声明 那不是我希望看到的 |
[15:33] | I won’t insult you, | 我不会羞辱你们 |
[15:35] | but what makes your client feel entitled to the St. Clair Plaza? | 但你的客户凭什么认为 圣克莱尔广场酒店理应归他所有? |
[15:39] | New York was my idea, not hers. | 来纽约是我的主意 不是她的 |
[15:43] | You’re supposed to let him do his job. | 你应该让律师为你代言 |
[15:45] | I like to speak for myself. | 我喜欢亲自开口 |
[15:47] | As I’m sure Victoria told you, I have a way with words. | 想必维多利亚已经告诉过你 在下颇善言辞 |
[15:52] | The terms of your counteroffer were a non-starter, | 虽然你们讨价还价的要求不切实际 |
[15:54] | but in the interest of resolving this matter amicably, | 但为了和平地解决问题 |
[15:56] | we are willing to continue the discussion. | 我们愿意继续协商 |
[15:59] | So sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰了 |
[16:00] | I have Judge Carson’s clerk | 卡森法官的书记员 |
[16:02] | with a pressing concern on the Nicholas case. | 在关切询问尼可拉斯的案子 |
[16:04] | Hold that thought. | 失陪一下 |
[16:19] | Nice job on the entrance. You really sold it. | 刚才的表演很精彩 非常逼真 |
[16:21] | -I’ve learned from the best. -Damn right. Think they took the bait? | -我有最好的老师 -可不是嘛 你觉得他们上钩了吗? |
[16:26] | Alistair’s rifling through your papers as we speak. | 我们说话这会儿 艾利斯特正匆忙翻看你的文件资料呢 |
[16:37] | Oh I’m so good at my job, | 我工作能力太强悍了 都不用待在会议室就能解决问题 |
[16:39] | I don’t even need to be in the room to be good at my job. | |
[16:42] | How’d the report look? | 那是篇怎么样的报告? |
[16:43] | Nobody would want the St. Clair Plaza after reading that. | 看了那个 没人会想要圣克莱尔广场酒店的 |
[16:46] | -Think he’ll fall for it? -He’s an expert on fake poker chips, | 你说他会信吗? 他精通的是扑克牌筹码造假 又不是鉴定床虱报告 我真是爱死你了 不是职场性骚扰哦 |
[16:48] | not fake bedbug reports. | |
[16:55] | Say whatever about Dyson hoarding wealth. | 虽然戴森借之囤积财富 但那吸尘器简直是救命的发明 |
[16:57] | That vacuum cleaner saved my life. | |
[16:59] | And the billable hours weren’t too bad either. | 而且计费时间也不算太糟 -还有一个小问题 -请问 |
[17:02] | -Uh, one more little question for you. -By all means. | |
[17:05] | As a company and as people, we put intersectionality front and center. | 无论作为公司还是个人 我们都将多元交织性视为重中之重 |
[17:09] | It’s a priority that we acquire and invest in companies that are socially conscious. | 我们首要的收购和投资目标 就是具有同样社会意识的企业 |
[17:15] | Well, that’s very noble. | 十分高尚 |
[17:16] | Our next step is to get into green technology. | 我们的下一步计划是 进入绿色科技市场 |
[17:18] | Lacey holds us accountable. She’s an environmental activist. | 蕾西认为我们义不容辞 她是一名环保斗士 |
[17:22] | An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. | 防范胜于补救嘛 |
[17:25] | But we want to make sure | 但我们想确认 这间律所的其他客户中 |
[17:27] | that you don’t have any conflicts of interest | |
[17:29] | with any other clients in the firm. | 不会有人与我们存在利益冲突 |
[17:31] | In as far as conflicts of interest, I don’t think we– | 说到利益冲突 我认为并没… |
[17:35] | We do work with clients in the green-tech sector. | 我们确实也在为 其他绿色科技领域的客户服务 |
[17:38] | If that’s an area you’re looking for representation, | 若你们想寻找这一领域的代理律师 |
[17:40] | we’d be happy to collect more information and run a conflict check on our end. | 我们很乐意收集更多资料 并调查是否可能存在利益冲突 |
[17:46] | Well, thank you very much for your time. | 非常感谢你们的介绍 |
[17:48] | Once you send us that list, we can get back to you in a day or two. | 收到你们的清单后 我们会在一至两天内回复 |
[17:51] | We’ll be in touch, handsome. Don’t you worry. | 我们会保持联系的 帅哥 别担心 |
[17:59] | -Thank you. | -Thank you. -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[18:00] | Pleasure. | 幸会 |
[18:05] | The hell was that? We had them on the hook. | 你那是做什么?客户就快到手了 |
[18:07] | You know Lassiter’s shelving green tech. | 你明知道拉希特要搁置绿色科技 |
[18:09] | We don’t have any other conflicts. | 我们没有其他绿色能源的客户了 |
[18:11] | Okay, remember the company that’s trying to create a voting block in Sun Corp | 记得有一个公司正试图通过 匿名收购股份和拉代理投票 |
[18:14] | by buying shares anonymously and getting proxy votes? | 在太阳集团内部发起集体投票吗? |
[18:16] | NewLeaf? | 新一叶? |
[18:19] | Yes. NewLeaf. | 对 新一叶 |
[18:20] | I kept wondering how they were getting in touch with so many shareholders. | 我一直很疑惑 他们是如何联系上那么多股东的 |
[18:23] | I would imagine lots of research and a little stalking. | -大量的调查外加一点追踪术 -或者… (泰德拉希特 – 安顿奈拉斯考特) |
[18:25] | Or… | |
[18:29] | That’s Nella. | 这是奈拉 |
[18:31] | -How did you– -She was taking notes in shorthand. | -你是怎么… -她在用速记法记笔记 |
[18:34] | And this is the only other time I’ve encountered that name. | 我只在这里见过那个名字 |
[18:36] | -So, Antonella used to work for Ted. -I’m not done. | -所以奈拉曾为泰德工作过 -我还没说完 |
[18:39] | If you were NewLeaf, how would you get the money to buy all the voting shares? | 如果你是新一叶 会如何筹款收购有表决权的股份? |
[18:42] | I’d find someone with lots of cash who, uh, cared about the Earth. | 我会求助于坐拥金山且关爱地球的人 (克丽欧芭佳吉 继承人还是环保斗士?) |
[18:49] | Right. | 是了 |
[18:51] | -Check. -And the final piece. | -将军 -然后 最后一片拼图 |
[18:54] | “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” | “防范胜于补救” |
[18:57] | Where have we heard that before? | 我们在哪里听过这句话? |
[18:59] | Well, Lacey Costa and Benjamin Franklin. | 蕾西科斯塔和本杰明富兰克林 |
[19:03] | And | 还有 |
[19:05] | the NewLeaf mission statement. | 新一叶的使命宣言 |
[19:06] | “We believe an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” | “我们的理念是防范胜于补救” |
[19:10] | -They’re NewLeaf. -They’re New Leaf. | -她们就是新一叶 -她们就是新一叶 |
[19:13] | We were being played. | 我们被耍了 |
[19:15] | Pumped for information. We didn’t give anything away, did we? | 她们是来探听情报的 我们没有走漏任何消息吧? |
[19:18] | No. | 没有 幸好你及时打断我 我差点就落入圈套了 |
[19:20] | No, you interrupted me before I stuck my foot in it. | |
[19:23] | We should tell Marty. | 我们应该告诉马蒂 |
[19:29] | So sorry about that, gentlemen. | 真抱歉 先生们 |
[19:32] | Thank you for waiting. Now, where were we? | 感谢二位耐心等待 我们说到哪儿了? |
[19:35] | After further consideration, uh, | 经过深思熟虑后 |
[19:38] | my client wants to be spared the emotional rollercoaster of a trial. | 我的客户不打算上诉 经历情感过山车了 |
[19:43] | If you’re still amenable to the terms you initially proposed, | 若你们仍然更倾向于最初的提案 |
[19:46] | I think we are prepared to move forward on that offer. | 我们已经准备好接受这一方案了 |
[19:50] | Wow. Okay. | 哇哦 好的 |
[19:52] | Well, mid-price hotel chain it is. | 那就中等价位连锁酒店吧 |
[19:55] | I will run it by my client by end of day and have a new copy for you by tomorrow. | 我会告知我的客户 并在明天之前 重新将相关文书发送给你们 |
[20:01] | Those snakes! | 那群老狐狸! |
[20:02] | Right? But we beat them at their own game. | 是吧?但她们这回是作茧自缚了 |
[20:04] | And Ted was keen to find out who NewLeaf is. Now we know. | 泰德正渴望挖出新一叶的身份 而我们现在知道了 |
[20:08] | I’ll tell Ted. Good work. | 我会告知泰德 做得好 |
[20:11] | I have a Diversity Gala to get to. I’ll see you there, Ingrid. | 晚点我要参加多元化晚宴 我们到时候见 英格丽 |
[20:14] | See you there. | 到时候见 |
[20:15] | Oh. | |
[20:16] | We’ve invited the Mins to come tonight. Let’s make sure they feel welcome. | 我们今晚邀请了闵氏 务必让他们感受到热情的欢迎 |
[20:21] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[20:33] | Should we maybe perhaps talk now? | 我们现在可以谈谈了吗? |
[20:41] | Because you’re right. | 因为你说得对 |
[20:45] | About what? | 关于什么? |
[20:47] | I’m too casual. | 我太随意了 |
[20:49] | I would have flirted my way right into their trap. | 差点就在调笑间落入了她们的陷阱 |
[20:54] | Flirting can have consequences. | 调情可能会带来后果 |
[20:56] | I need to be more cautious. | 我需要更加谨慎 |
[21:01] | Loose lips sink ships. | 祸从口出 管好自己的嘴吧 |
[21:07] | About that… | 说到那个… |
[21:11] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[21:15] | My lips were there. | 没有管好自己的嘴 |
[21:17] | Quite happy to be there, in fact. | 其实 它很享受那次冒险 |
[21:26] | You make me a better lawyer, Ingrid. | 你让我成为了更好的律师 英格丽 |
[21:30] | Better man might be a bit of a stretch, but I’m working on it. | 要说成为了更好的男人 或许有些牵强 但我正在努力 谢天谢地 我正到处找你 快来 你要迟到啦 |
[21:36] | Thank goodness. I was looking for you. | |
[21:39] | Come on. You’re gonna be late. | |
[21:42] | I’ll take the next one. | 我搭下一趟电梯 |
[21:44] | Happy Thanksgiving, Murphy. | 感恩节快乐 墨菲 |
[21:46] | Or should I say have a nice day off? | 还是该说 休假愉快? |
[21:48] | If you need me, I’ll be in the pub. | 如果你有需要 我就在酒吧 |
[21:58] | Something came for you. | 有东西寄到 来自尼克的特别礼物 |
[22:00] | A special delivery from Nick. | |
[22:08] | Wow. Uh… | 哇 |
[22:11] | I don’t really wear yellow. | 我其实不怎么爱穿黄色 |
[22:13] | Seriously? | 真的吗?他送你这么漂亮的裙子 你却不想要? |
[22:14] | The man sent you a gorgeous dress and you don’t want it? | |
[22:17] | No. It’s… it’s beautiful. | 不 裙子很美 |
[22:19] | It’s just not totally me. | 只是不适合我 |
[22:22] | And my mom says yellow doesn’t look good on Asians. | 而且我妈妈总说 黄色不衬亚洲人的肤色 |
[22:25] | That dress costs more than my first car. You should wear it. | 那条裙子比我的第一辆车还值钱 你应该穿上它 |
[22:34] | “To my gem who should have as many gowns as she has galas.” | “致我的宝贝 你值得盛装出席数不清的宴会 |
[22:38] | “And who shouldn’t be afraid to celebrate herself.” | 不必害怕为自己庆祝” |
[22:49] | So, you quit. | 所以 你辞职了 |
[22:52] | You clear out your office, | 你收拾好办公室 |
[22:54] | you pass that statue of Lady Justice and you just– | 放下正义女神的雕像 就那么… |
[22:57] | I just had enough. | 我就是受够了 |
[22:59] | Enough what? | 受够了什么? |
[23:01] | Enough quiet tension. | 无声的紧张气氛 |
[23:04] | It built and built until it just spilled out. | 它不断地累积 直至爆发 |
[23:08] | You take that rage and you go live on Instagram. | 你一怒之下 在社交媒体上发布了视频 |
[23:13] | Tell me about that. | 请详细说说 |
[23:16] | As you know, in our house, we love Insta. | 如你所知 我们很喜欢用IG |
[23:20] | It’s a way to show beauty, to spread the word to rally, | 来展现生活中的美好 来抒发观点、振臂一呼 |
[23:23] | to find community. | 寻求社区群体的支持 |
[23:26] | And I was just so upset, I wanted to shout it from the mountain. | 我当时真的义愤填膺 忍不住想向全世界宣告 |
[23:31] | And now? | 那现在呢? |
[23:34] | I realize I should have taken more time to reflect on my feelings. | 我意识到我应该多花点时间 冷静思考那些感受 |
[23:40] | My words were of the moment | 我一时情急说的气话 |
[23:41] | and probably not ready for public consumption. | 也许并不适合公开发表出来 |
[23:47] | So, do you think Parsons Valentine is racist? | 那么 你认为帕森瓦伦汀 存在种族歧视吗? |
[23:53] | My colleague has problematic tendencies. | 我同事的言行存在不良倾向 |
[23:57] | They were investigated, and the results were not what I had hoped. | 律所展开了调查 但结果不符合我的预期 |
[24:00] | Hence, my resignation. | 因此 我辞职了 |
[24:02] | If an organization continues to employ harmful employees, | 如果一个企业 持续雇用恶语伤人的员工 |
[24:08] | doesn’t that make the place itself racist? | 难道不会令其自身 变成一个种族歧视的场所吗? |
[24:17] | You’re right, my love. | 你说得对 亲爱的 |
[24:18] | Parsons Valentine is racist | 帕森瓦伦汀就是一个种族歧视的律所 |
[24:21] | and they tried to pay me $500,000 to act like they aren’t. | 而且试图用五十万美金的封口费 让我为他们遮掩 |
[24:23] | People wanna pretend that the system isn’t the problem, | 总有人想为这个问题重重的体制遮掩 |
[24:26] | but it is and I am done pretending otherwise. | 但它其实腐败不堪 而我受够了假装若无其事 |
[24:29] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[24:33] | All of that, off the record. | 刚才的发言 请不要对外发表 |
[24:36] | Tyler! | 泰勒! |
[24:47] | -How was the limousine? All right? -Thank you. | |
[24:52] | So fancy, huh? Princess of the gala? | 盛装打扮呀 晚宴小公主? |
[24:55] | -Thanks, Dad. Hi, Mom. | 谢谢夸奖 爸爸 你好 妈妈 |
[24:58] | Beautiful dress. Unusual color. | 裙子很漂亮 不常见你穿这个颜色呀 |
[25:02] | -Nick picked it out. -Yeah. Isn’t she stunning? | -是尼克选的 -对 她光彩照人吧? |
[25:04] | -You look incredible. -Thank you. | -你美极了 -谢谢 |
[25:07] | Shall we go inside? | 我们进去吧? |
[25:11] | -How was your day? -It was good. Thanks. | -你今天怎么样? -挺好 谢谢 |
[25:13] | See my text about the wedding announcement? | 你看到短信了吗?我想公布婚讯 |
[25:15] | Yeah. Sorry. I was so busy today. | 看到了 抱歉 我今天太忙了 |
[25:16] | No worries. | 没关系 我们什么时候 把订婚的消息告诉你父母? |
[25:17] | When should we tell your parents about the engagement? | |
[25:20] | -I was thinking– -Ingrid. | -我在想… -英格丽 |
[25:22] | Is that your sister? | 那是你姐姐吗? |
[25:23] | -Mom, Dad, this is Marty Adler… | 妈妈 爸爸 这是马蒂艾德勒 帕森瓦伦汀的管理合伙人 |
[25:26] | -Hello. -…managing partner at Parsons Valentine. | |
[25:28] | Yeobo, did you hear that? “Her sister.” | 亲爱的 你听见了吗? 他说我像姐姐 |
[25:32] | -It’s very nice meeting you, sir. -My pleasure to meet you. Welcome. | -很高兴见到你 先生 -幸会 欢迎光临 |
[25:35] | -Hello. -It’s a pleasure. | -你好 -幸会 |
[25:37] | Very honored to have you here. | 欢迎二位前来 不胜荣幸 |
[25:38] | You have raised a wonderful woman and a wonderful lawyer, | 你们培养了一位出色的女性 一名优秀的律师 |
[25:42] | and we’re very proud to have her as the chair tonight. | 今晚由她来主持宴会 我们感到非常自豪 |
[25:46] | -Thank you. -Thank you for having us. | -谢谢 -感谢邀请 |
[25:48] | It’s my pleasure. Nick, it’s always good to see you. | 这是我的荣幸 尼克 很高兴见到你 |
[25:52] | Likewise. | 彼此彼此 |
[25:53] | Word on the street is that Laren Capital is looking for new counsel. | 传闻拉伦资本正寻找新的法律顾问 |
[25:57] | Dad’s always had a roving eye. | 父亲一向朝三暮四 |
[25:58] | You tell him that he knows we’re the best in town, all right? | 请提醒他 我们是全市最好的律所 好吗? |
[26:01] | -I’ll be sure to remind him. -Please excuse me. Nice to see you. | -我一定把话带到 -请恕我失陪了 见到你们很高兴 |
[26:05] | Is that the big boss? | 那就是大老板? |
[26:06] | -Yeah. -He has a very strong voice. | -对 -他很有气势 |
[26:11] | You got me the filet mignon, right? | -你帮我准备了菲力牛排吧? -是的 爸爸 |
[26:13] | Yes, Dad. | |
[26:14] | My American dream. Free filet mignon. | 我的美国梦啊 免费的菲力牛排 |
[26:19] | -Let’s go. | 我们走吧 |
[26:22] | Ingrid. | 英格丽 |
[26:24] | Z. So happy you could join us. | 小Z 很高兴你来赴宴了 |
[26:26] | Well, you know me. Love a good cause. | 你知道的 我一向热衷公益事业 |
[26:29] | Right. Is your family already here? | 是呀 你家人到了吗? |
[26:31] | Oh they send their regards. My dad took my mom to see Josh Groban. | 他们让我代为问好 父亲带我母亲去看乔许葛洛班了 |
[26:35] | -“You Raise Me Up” is a classic. | 《你鼓舞了我》 经典曲目呀 |
[26:37] | It is. | 确实 卡特还在爸妈的 誓言更新仪式上唱了那首歌呢 |
[26:38] | Uh, Carter actually sang that at my parents’ vow renewals. | |
[26:41] | No. Is there video evidence? | 不是吧 有视频为证吗? |
[26:43] | Once we close this deal and it falls under attorney-client privilege, | 一旦交易完成 有了律师与客户间保密特权的保护 |
[26:45] | I will immediately show you. | 我会立马展示给你看 |
[26:48] | I look forward to it. Where’s Carter tonight? | 我拭目以待 卡特今晚不来吗? |
[26:50] | Yeah. I asked him if he was coming and he just sort of said, “Nah.” | 是啊 我有问过他来不来 但他说:“不要” 真希望我也有那种精神 |
[26:53] | Where can I get some of that energy? | |
[26:56] | I know. I too aspire to “Nah.” | 我懂 我也渴望能勇敢说不 |
[26:59] | Hi. Nick Laren. | 你好 我是尼可拉伦 |
[27:01] | Hey, Nick, nice to meet you. I’m Z, I’m one of Ingrid’s clients. | 你好 尼克 很高兴见到你 我是小Z 英格丽的客户之一 |
[27:04] | Well, soon to be. | 好吧 即将成为客户之一 |
[27:05] | Nice to meet you too. | 我也很高兴见到你 |
[27:08] | Z is on the way to saving the planet. | 小Z致力于拯救地球 |
[27:10] | Is that right? Well, on behalf of our future children, we thank you. | 是吗?那我们可要 代表未来的子孙谢谢你了 |
[27:14] | Shall we? Your parents are asking for you. | 我们走吧?你爸妈在找你 |
[27:16] | -Yes. Enjoy your evening. -I’ll see you two later. | -回头见 -是的 祝你今晚开心 (帕森瓦伦汀和亨特) |
[27:26] | Ladies and gentlemen, our host for tonight’s third annual | 女士们先生们 今晚是帕森瓦伦汀和亨特的 |
[27:30] | Parsons Valentine & Hunt Diversity Gala, Marty Adler. | 第三届人才多元化庆典 有请主办人 马蒂艾德勒 |
[27:40] | Thank you. Thank y very much. My name is Marty Adler. | 非常感谢 我是马蒂艾德勒 |
[27:42] | I’m one of the managing partners of Parsons Valentine & Hunt. | 帕森瓦伦汀和亨特的管理合伙人之一 |
[27:46] | I want to thank all of you who made it out tonight. | 我由衷感谢诸位今晚大驾光临 |
[27:49] | We have raised nearly $600,000 for Compute the Youth. | 我们已为青年人才培养项目 筹款将近六十万美金 |
[27:54] | This money will create STEM programs | 用于为全纽约市的贫困儿童 |
[27:55] | for underprivileged kids throughout New York City. Mmm. | 创办科学、技术 工程和数学教育课程 |
[27:59] | Isn’t that great? | 真好 不是吗? |
[28:06] | And now, I’m very proud to present the Outstanding Achievement Award | 现在 我很荣幸地宣布今晚的 |
[28:11] | for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. | “多元、平等与包容”杰出成就奖得主 |
[28:14] | This person has shown time and again their commitment to Parsons Valentine | 这个人通过勤勉的工作 以及忠诚和奉献 |
[28:18] | through their hard work, and their loyalty, and their dedication. | 一次又一次地展现了 对帕森瓦伦汀的全心投入 |
[28:22] | But it’s their fervor for equality that truly sets them apart. | 但真正令其脱颖而出的 是她对平等的追求 |
[28:27] | Please give a warm round of applause to tonight’s recipient, Ingrid Yun. | 请用热烈的掌声 欢迎今晚的获奖者 英格丽允 |
[28:52] | Surprise. | 惊喜吧 |
[28:56] | I didn’t prepare a speech. | 我没有准备演讲稿 |
[28:57] | That’s okay. I know how hard you’ve been working for Sun Corp. | 我知道你为太阳集团的案子 付出了多少努力 |
[29:00] | I had HR write one up for you. It’s on the teleprompter. Just sell it. | 我让人事部撰写了发言稿 就在提词器上 你照着念就好 好的 |
[29:02] | Okay. | |
[29:06] | Thank you all for coming tonight. | 感谢各位的到来 |
[29:09] | As many of you know, Parsons was in the news recently | 想必在座很多人都知道 帕森最近 |
[29:11] | for a workplace kerfuffle. | 正处于职场骚乱的新闻漩涡之中 |
[29:15] | I can assure you that one bad apple has not spoiled the whole bunch. | 我可以向各位保证 个别害群之马 不足以破坏整个团队的和谐 |
[29:23] | Parsons Valentine is an incredible place to work as a person of color. | 帕森瓦伦汀为有色人种的员工 提供了绝佳的工作环境 |
[29:28] | I’m amazed by the strides we’re making | 不断引进多样化的一年级律师人才 |
[29:30] | from ushering in diverse first-year talent and donating to causes in need. | 为公益事业慷慨解囊 这一系列进步的举动令我倍感欣喜 |
[29:36] | Parsons Valentine is leading the charge on equity, diversity, and inclusion. | 帕森瓦伦汀是打造 “多元、平等与包容”的先锋军 |
[29:43] | I am a proud Asian American female lawyer, | 作为一名骄傲的亚裔美国女律师 |
[29:45] | and I am honored to be working at Parsons Valentine & Hunt. | 我很荣幸能为帕森瓦伦汀和亨特效力 |
[29:50] | Thank you, Ingrid. Congratulations. | 谢谢你 英格丽 恭喜 |
[29:54] | Ingrid Yun. Isn’t she great? | 英格丽允 她是不是很棒? |
[29:58] | Congratulations. | |
[30:04] | Up next, we have Theo McDermott, Director of Compute the Youth. | 下面有请青年人才培养项目的主管 西奥麦克德蒙 |
[30:09] | Theo is going to walk us through what it takes… | 西奥将为我们介绍… |
[30:23] | I’m sorry. You walked out of your New Yorker interview? | 什么?你在接受《纽约客》的采访时 中途离场了? |
[30:27] | My God, who are you? Meghan Markle? | 天啊 你是谁呀?梅根马克尔吗? |
[30:30] | Come on, you know I’m more of a Kate. | 你知道我更像凯特王妃 |
[30:33] | Seriously, Tyler, are you okay? | 说真的 你还好吗? |
[30:36] | Still figuring that out. | 还没想好该怎么办 我应该约你在其他地方见的 |
[30:39] | You know, I could’ve met you somewhere else. | |
[30:41] | They can take my salary, but they cannot take my favorite bar. | 他们可以剥夺我的薪水 但不能阻止我来最爱的酒吧 |
[30:45] | Favorite bar or favorite bartender? | 是最爱的酒吧还是最爱的酒保? |
[30:51] | He sets a tone. | 他是酒吧的灵魂 |
[30:52] | Mm-hmm. | |
[30:55] | Seriously? Look, I know you’re nervous, but you can’t miss the interview, Rach. | 搞什么啊?瑞秋 我知道你紧张 但也不能翘掉面试呀 |
[30:59] | We talked about it this morning. | 我们今天早上都说好了 |
[31:05] | Oh, honey, I’ve known. | 亲爱的 我早知道了 |
[31:07] | You and him stranded on a boat for four hours? I know you. | 你跟他困在一艘船上四个小时? 我了解你 |
[31:12] | Whatever this interview is, however, I’m very curious. | 不过 我对这个面试很好奇 |
[31:15] | But you’ll tell me after you kill it. | 等你完美通过了再跟我好好说说 |
[31:18] | Bonne chance. | 祝好运 |
[31:20] | Text me. | 给我发短信 |
[31:25] | We miss you around here. What’s up with you? | 我们可想死你啦 最近还好吗? 你有多少时间闲聊? |
[31:28] | How long you got? | |
[31:30] | The night before Thanksgiving? We’re slow, so I’m pretty free, actually. | 感恩节前夜? 客流量很小 所以我其实很闲 |
[31:47] | Ingrid-ah. | 英格丽 |
[32:04] | Mom… | 妈妈… |
[32:08] | I have everything that I want, | 我拥有了梦寐以求的一切 |
[32:11] | but it’s not like how I thought it would be. | 但它跟我想象的完全不一样 |
[32:13] | I’m saying words I didn’t write in a dress I didn’t pick. | 我念着别人为我书写的台词 穿着别人为我挑选的裙子 |
[32:19] | It feels like not me. | 我感觉不是我自己了 |
[32:26] | Well, yellow is not your best color. | 黄色确实不太适合你 谢谢你 妈妈 |
[32:30] | Thanks, Mom. | |
[32:57] | How’s it going with Nick? | 你跟尼克怎么样了? |
[33:00] | It’s fine. He just moves fast. | 挺好 就是感觉他有点心急 |
[33:11] | Too much sensitivity to others. | 你太过在意别人的感受 |
[33:13] | And your sister has too little. | 而你妹妹则恰恰相反 |
[33:16] | But you? | 可是你呀 |
[33:18] | You have too much. | 你顾虑太多了 |
[33:21] | Worrying about others at your expense. | 太为别人考虑而委屈了自己 |
[33:23] | It will hurt you. | 你会受伤的 |
[33:25] | There are sacrifices that are worth it, | 有些牺牲是值得的 有些则未必 |
[33:28] | and sacrifices that are not. | |
[33:30] | Sometimes it’s really hard to know the difference. | 有时候 二者之间很难区分 |
[33:36] | Be true to who you are. | 诚实地面对自己吧 |
[33:50] | You’re coming to Thanksgiving tomorrow, right? | 你明天会来过感恩节吧? |
[33:52] | I’m making my sweet and spicy turkey. | 我要做最拿手的甜辣火鸡哦 |
[33:55] | -I can’t wait. | 我等不及要吃了 |
[33:57] | And don’t fight with Lina over the chestnuts. | 还有 别跟莉娜较劲了 |
[33:59] | I can’t wait. | |
[34:03] | What is this feeling? | 这是什么感觉啊? (辛迪加剧院) |
[34:07] | I don’t wanna go in, but I do. | 我既不想进去 但又想进去 |
[34:11] | It’s called nerves. | 这种感觉叫做紧张 |
[34:13] | I don’t like ’em. | 我不喜欢 |
[34:15] | It’s okay that this matters to you, Rachel. It’s a good thing. | 瑞秋 你很重视这次面试 这是好事 |
[34:18] | Can you just stop being so you right now? | 你这会儿就别这么爱开解人了行吗? |
[34:23] | No. I’m sorry. I can’t stop supporting you. | 不行 抱歉 我没办法不支持你 |
[34:25] | I can handle your success, all right? | 我能接受你的成功 |
[34:27] | I’m not gonna stop believing in you, even if you don’t believe in yourself. | 就算连你都不相信自己了 我也会相信你 |
[34:30] | What? Wait. I… | 什么?等等 我… |
[34:31] | Go in there and just be yourself. I’ll be right here when you’re done. | 进去吧 展现真实的自己 我会一直在这里等着你出来 |
[34:47] | You can leave a toothbrush on my sink. | 你可以在我的洗漱台上留一支牙刷 |
[34:51] | Score one for planet Earth. | 地球得一分 |
[34:55] | And one for Justin Coleman! | 贾斯汀科曼也拿下一分! |
[35:08] | Ooh, today has been a day. | 今天可真折腾啊 |
[35:11] | I’m proud of you for walking out. | 你能挺身而出 我很骄傲 |
[35:13] | Takes balls. | 这需要勇气 |
[35:14] | Other than the 4,000 people on Instagram, | 除了IG上的四千个声援者 |
[35:16] | I think you’re one of the few people in my life that actually feels that way. | 你是为数不多的 在生活中真正支持我的人之一 |
[35:20] | Do you know Bola? | 你认识博拉吗? |
[35:21] | Do I know Bola? Please. | 这还用问吗?拜托 |
[35:24] | I took Bola to get his first seaweed wrap. | 博拉第一次吃紫菜包饭 就是我带他去的 |
[35:26] | -Doing the Lord’s work. -Right? | -帮了他大忙啊 -是吧? |
[35:28] | He showed me your video. He was fucking proud. | 他给我看了你的视频 他很骄傲 |
[35:30] | Really? | 真的吗? |
[35:31] | Yeah. He was… he was bragging about how you’re his mentor, | 是啊 他一直在夸耀你是他的导师 |
[35:34] | and he has really big shoes to fill. | 他要追随你的脚步 任重而道远 |
[35:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[35:42] | Yeah. Really, thanks. Um… | 对 真的很感谢 |
[35:44] | I needed to hear that. | 谢谢你的支持 |
[35:46] | Sounds like you need to let off some steam. | 听起来你有情绪需要发泄 |
[35:53] | Dance party. Pick your track. | 来跳舞吧 曲子随你挑 其实 你觉得厄尔 会介意我借用一下钢琴吗? |
[35:56] | Mmm. Actually… | |
[36:00] | you think Earl would mind? | |
[36:01] | Probably. | 也许吧 不过 别让他知道不就好了?去吧 |
[36:03] | But what he doesn’t know won’t hurt him. Go for it. | |
[36:06] | Let’s see. | 我们来看看 |
[36:08] | It’s been a little… a little while. | 有段时间没弹了 |
[36:10] | -I feel like you know what you’re doing. | 直觉告诉我 你的技艺没有生疏 |
[38:27] | Thanks for getting my parents the car. | -谢谢你送我父母上车 -当然 |
[38:29] | Of course. | |
[38:30] | Honey, what happened in there? What’s wrong? | 亲爱的 你刚才怎么了? 出什么事了? |
[38:33] | I knew tonight was gonna be hard, I just didn’t know it was gonna suck. | 我早知道今晚不会轻松 只是没想到这么糟糕 |
[38:37] | What? You look great. | 怎么了?你看起来很棒啊 |
[38:40] | Money was raised, people ate steak, your parents were proud. It was nice. | 律所筹到公益金、宾客享用牛排 父母为你骄傲 多好呀 |
[38:44] | I thought if I just showed up and let them show-pony me around | 我以为我只要出席宴会 让他们拿我做秀一番 |
[38:47] | it would all just go away, | 事情就结束了 |
[38:48] | but then he made me give that horrible speech. | 但他却让我做那么糟糕的演讲 |
[38:51] | It wasn’t that bad. | 也没那么糟啦 |
[38:52] | Did you hear the part about Tyler? | 你听到关于泰勒的那段话了吗? |
[38:54] | Yeah. That… that part wasn’t great. | 对 那部分不太好 |
[38:56] | That was awful. I didn’t want any of this. | 简直糟透了 这完全不是我想要的 |
[38:58] | I’m committee chair of the bullshit parade. | 我就是一场虚伪游行的领头人 |
[39:02] | I didn’t realize you felt this way. You could’ve just said no. | 我不知道你原来是这么想的 那你直接拒绝不就好了 |
[39:05] | Nick, that’s what you don’t understand. | 这就是你不明白的地方 |
[39:07] | No. I couldn’t. | 我没办法拒绝 |
[39:12] | I don’t know how to say no. | 我不知道该怎么拒绝 |
[39:18] | Come on. Let’s just go home. | 来吧 我们回家吧 |
[39:20] | We can talk about this. | 我们好好谈谈 |
[39:23] | I think I need some time. | 我想我需要一些时间 |
[39:27] | What do you mean? | 什么意思? |
[39:29] | I’m gonna stay at my place tonight. | 我今晚要住在我家 |
[39:31] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗? |
[39:32] | Yeah. I’ll call you tomorrow. | 对 我明天再打给你 |
[39:38] | -Okay. Night. -Good night. | -好吧 晚安 -晚安 |
[39:52] | -You can take mine if you want. | 不介意的话 你可以坐我的车 |
[39:56] | No. Uh, that’s okay. | 不用了 不劳费心 |
[39:58] | You sure? | 你确定? |
[39:59] | It’s two minutes away. Black Prius. | 过两分钟就到了 黑色普锐斯 |
[40:06] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[40:07] | The speech I made tonight was… | 我今晚的发言真是… |
[40:10] | Well, it did seem a little canned. | 确实感觉有点假 |
[40:12] | I mean, the proud Asian American female lawyer. | “骄傲的亚裔美国女律师” |
[40:16] | Ideally, we just get to say lawyer, right? | 理想情况下 光说律师就好了 对吧? |
[40:20] | Right. | 对 |
[40:22] | Unfortunately, being just a lawyer has made me not a great person. | 不幸的是 凡事只从律师的角度出发 让我成为了一个坏人 |
[40:30] | Only a good person feels so bad about doing not so good things. | 只有一个好人才会在 做了没那么好的事时于心有愧 |
[40:34] | So there’s still a good person in there somewhere. Where you headed? | 所以你本质上还是一个好人 你要去哪儿? |
[40:38] | 68th and Central Park West. | 68街和中央公园西的交界处 |
[40:40] | Okay. Your car is here. | 好的 你的车到了 |
[40:47] | Honestly, please. | 说真的 别再推辞了 |
[40:48] | I have another one coming. Go ahead. | 会有另一辆车来接我 你上车吧 |
[40:51] | -Thank you. -You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[40:56] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[40:57] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[41:57] | Ingrid Yun? | 英格丽允? |
[41:59] | Uh, yes. Can I help you? | 是的 找我有事吗? |
[42:01] | You’re under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. | 你被捕了 你有权保持沉默 但你所说的每一句话 都将作为呈堂证供 |
[42:03] | Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. |