时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | [ambient music playing] | NETFLIX 剧集 |
[00:15] | [knocks on door] | |
[00:19] | -[exhales] -[door unlocks] | |
[00:24] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[00:27] | What are you doing here, Ingrid? | 你来做什么 英格丽? |
[00:32] | I didn’t wanna leave things like that. | 我想过来跟你解释清楚 |
[00:36] | [Ingrid sighs] | |
[00:37] | Murphy and I… | 我和墨菲有过一段往事 |
[00:39] | we have history. | |
[00:42] | I wanted it to be over. [inhales] | 我是真心想斩断前尘 跟你在一起的 |
[00:44] | I wanted to be in it with you. | |
[00:47] | Right. If only I were dark and tortured like him. | 是啊 可惜我没有他那种 饱经挫折的阴郁气质 |
[00:50] | [Ingrid inhales] | |
[00:51] | You know, you might wanna ask yourself why you chase the storm, Ingrid. | 你或许该问问自己 为什么喜欢追求刺激 英格丽 |
[00:58] | [Ingrid exhales] | |
[01:07] | You’re a good man, Nick. | 你是一个好男人 尼克 |
[01:08] | Apparently, not good enough. | 显然还不够好 |
[01:13] | You know, for all your love of justice, | 你如此热爱正义 |
[01:15] | how does this pass Kant’s categorical imperative of “don’t fuck people over”? | 康德的定言令式不是叫人 “勿伤害他人”吗? |
[01:22] | I’m sorry, Nick. | 对不起 尼克 |
[01:26] | Thanks for bringing it by. | 谢谢你把它送过来 |
[01:28] | I’ll messenger your things. | 我会把你的东西寄回去的 |
[01:30] | [“For Someone” by Flora Cash playing] | |
[01:47] | ♪ The smell of you is on me still ♪ | |
[01:55] | ♪ The night died way too young… ♪ | |
[02:05] | [microwave beeping] | |
[02:06] | ♪ This feeling is alive and well ♪ | |
[02:16] | -♪ Even in your deepest dread… ♪ [mobile vibrating] | |
[02:22] | -Hello. -[man 1] Hi. Shall we send Jeff Murphy up? | -你好 -杰夫墨菲找你 要让他上去吗? |
[02:24] | Yes. Thank you. [chuckles] | 好的 谢谢 |
[02:27] | ♪ I was waiting for someone… ♪ | |
[02:33] | [knocks on door] | |
[02:34] | The door’s open. | 门没锁 |
[02:35] | [door opens] | |
[02:38] | Surprise. | 惊喜 |
[02:39] | [door shuts] | |
[02:40] | I brought dumplings. I… | 我带来了饺子 我… |
[02:44] | Great minds think alike. | 心有灵犀呀 |
[02:46] | [Murphy chuckles] | |
[02:53] | I hope it’s not weird that I’m here. | 我来找你 感觉会很奇怪吗? |
[02:57] | No. | 不会 挺好的 |
[02:59] | No, it’s… it’s nice. | |
[03:02] | [exhales] | |
[03:03] | I spoke to Victoria. | 我和维多利亚谈过了 |
[03:06] | Told her I wanted to take a step back. | 说我想跟她划清界限 |
[03:09] | I talked to Nick. | 我也跟尼克谈过了 |
[03:12] | Good. | 很好 |
[03:13] | So we’re finally doing this. | 我们终于要在一起了 好啦 律师先生 我们先交流一下吧 |
[03:19] | [uplifting music playing] | |
[03:27] | Mmm. Enough of that, Counselor. We should talk. | |
[03:31] | Define “talk.” | 哪种“交流”? 就从约法三章开始吧 快速制定一个临时保密协议就好 |
[03:33] | Mmm, defining our terms would be a good start. | |
[03:36] | -A quick-and-dirty NDA should suffice. -Mmm. | |
[03:41] | I can do dirty, | 我可以临场发挥 但我保证速度不会太快 |
[03:43] | -but I promise it won’t be quick. -[Ingrid chuckles] | |
[03:47] | Mmm. [inhales] | |
[03:49] | [whispers] You know we have to keep this quiet, right? | 你知道我们的关系要保密吧? |
[03:54] | My lips are sealed. | 我绝对守口如瓶 |
[03:58] | Just in the office. | 仅限在律所的时候 |
[04:01] | The place where you jumped me? | -之前你扑倒我的地方? -不会再有人被扑倒了 |
[04:03] | Oh there will be no more jumping. | |
[04:06] | Well… | 好吧… |
[04:09] | I look forward to seeing you resist my charms. | 让我见识一下你如何抵挡我的魅力 虽然你很诱人… |
[04:15] | [“Red Lips” by Cassandra Jenkins playing] | |
[04:20] | [inaudible] | |
[04:27] | ♪ Red lips on my mind ♪ | |
[04:33] | ♪ Red lips burning bright ♪ | |
[04:37] | ♪ I see you every time ♪ | |
[04:43] | ♪ I close my eyes ♪ | |
[04:48] | ♪ At night ♪ | |
[04:56] | ♪ Green eyes, you leave me blind ♪ | |
[05:00] | ♪ When you shine your light in mine ♪ | |
[05:06] | ♪ I see you in the darkness… ♪ | |
[05:10] | [elevator chimes] | |
[05:12] | ♪ Around me ♪ | |
[05:25] | ♪ Ooh ♪ | |
[05:43] | ♪ Ooh ♪ | |
[05:46] | [“Red Lips” fades out] | |
[05:50] | Mmm, as tempting as you are… | |
[05:54] | [Murphy] Really? | 真的假的? |
[05:55] | It’s been a week, and you’re already being lured away by shiny things? | 才一周你就被亮闪闪的玩意勾走了? |
[05:58] | A deal-closing ceremony is not just some shiny thing. | 成交仪式可不只是光彩耀眼而已 |
[06:01] | It’s an endangered species. | 它是濒危物种 |
[06:03] | Deal ceremonies and giant pandas, they must be protected. | 成交仪式和大熊猫都该被保护起来 |
[06:06] | The panda’s off the endangered list, thank you very much. | 熊猫不在濒危物种名单上 谢谢 |
[06:10] | Well, Ted will be so relieved. | 泰勒肯定会长舒一口气吧 |
[06:12] | Okay. | 好了 |
[06:14] | So there are three partner spots. I think it’s gonna be you, me… | 今年有三个合伙人的名额 我觉得会是你、我… |
[06:18] | -And Dan. -…and Dan. | -还有丹 -还有丹 |
[06:19] | Well, in honor of that… | 为表庆祝… |
[06:27] | [gentle music playing] | |
[06:30] | Rosecliff. [sighs] | 罗斯克利夫 |
[06:31] | It’s beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[06:33] | I’ll wear it tonight. | 我今晚就戴上 |
[06:38] | Something wrong? | 怎么了? |
[06:41] | Rachel, Tyler, and I usually get party-ready together. | 我以前都会跟瑞秋和泰勒一起 为宴会做准备的 |
[06:45] | Just give them time. | 给他们点时间 |
[06:46] | They’ll come around. | 他们会想通的 |
[06:48] | In the meantime, keep moving forward. | 在此期间 不要停下前进的脚步 |
[06:53] | Eyes on the prize. | 专注于你的目标 |
[06:54] | [chuckles] | |
[06:56] | You ever ask yourself why you’re so ambitious? | 你会反思自己为什么这么有野心吗? |
[06:58] | [chuckles] | |
[06:59] | Do you? | 你会吗? |
[07:01] | Well, once I came home with a 98 on a calc test. | 有一次我的微积分考了98分 我带着试卷回家时 |
[07:04] | -[Murphy grunts, inhales] -You know what my dad said? | 你知道我爸说了什么吗? |
[07:06] | -“What happened to the other two points”? -[chuckles] | “另外两分是怎么丢的”? |
[07:09] | -How’d you know? -You live for a gold star. | -你怎么知道? -你凡事都追求完美 |
[07:14] | What about you? | 你呢? |
[07:16] | What kind of unrealistic expectations did your parents put on you? | 你父母对你 有过什么不切实际的期望? |
[07:19] | I was the parent. | 我扮演的就是父母的角色 |
[07:21] | I cooked, I cleaned, | 我做饭、打扫 |
[07:24] | I took care of my little sisters far back as I can remember. | 从记事起 我就开始照顾妹妹了 |
[07:27] | You said your dad left. | 你说你爸爸一走了之了 |
[07:29] | What about your mom? | 那你妈妈呢? |
[07:31] | [sighs deeply] | |
[07:33] | I think I might have mentioned that she wasn’t always well. | 我也许提到过吧 她的精神状况不是很稳定 |
[07:39] | We had this painting in our house that our aunt had done for us. | 我家以前有一幅画 是我阿姨画的 |
[07:43] | It was my mother and me as a baby. | 画的是我妈妈抱着还是小婴儿的我 |
[07:45] | And my hand was in hers. | 她握着我的小手 |
[07:48] | -It was beautiful. -[Ingrid exhales] | 非常温馨 |
[07:52] | And then on one of her binges, | 后来在一次醉酒之后 |
[07:56] | she set fire to it. | 她亲手把它一把火烧了 |
[07:58] | What? Why? | 什么?为什么? |
[08:01] | At the time, she said there were demons in it. | 她说画里住着恶魔 |
[08:03] | [inhales] | |
[08:05] | I was eight. | 我当时只有八岁 |
[08:09] | That was the last time I held my mother’s hand. | 从那以后 我再也没牵过妈妈的手 |
[08:18] | So now I don’t have any expectations of my parents. | 所以我不会对我的父母 或者任何人 |
[08:22] | Or anyone. | 有任何期待 |
[08:24] | I’m so sorry. | 真对不起 |
[08:27] | [gentle music continues] | |
[08:34] | [Ingrid exhales] | |
[08:38] | Well, now you have me. | 不过 现在你有我了 |
[08:41] | [both chuckle] | |
[08:49] | [Tyler grunts] | |
[08:51] | [groans] | |
[08:52] | This how you treat all your houseguests? | 你就是这么对待客人的? |
[08:54] | “Guests” implies a temporary arrangement. | “客人”意味着暂时留宿 |
[08:57] | Harsh. | 过分 |
[08:58] | I… Look, T. I love you, but we need a post-Anthony plan | 泰勒 我爱你 但我们得制定一下 你跟安东尼分手后的计划 |
[09:01] | that does not involve my couch. | 总不能一直睡我家沙发吧? |
[09:03] | I’m checking out a SoHo place today, | 我要看一间苏豪区的公寓 |
[09:04] | and I’ve got an interview at Hotham and White to back it. | 还接到了霍森和怀特的面试 可以支付房租 |
[09:07] | SoHo? You love Harlem. | 苏豪?可你喜欢哈莱姆啊 |
[09:08] | Yeah. Well, his face is on every corner. | 对 但那里每一个角落都是回忆 |
[09:12] | -Good morning. -[Tyler] Morning. [exhales] | -早上好 -早上好 |
[09:15] | Anyway, how’s your resignation letter coming? | 话说回来 你的辞呈写得怎样了? |
[09:18] | Need any pointers? | 需要建议吗? |
[09:19] | Look, as much as I admire your blaze of glory, | 虽然我佩服你华丽的离职宣言 |
[09:21] | I’m not leaving Parsons until my bonus is in the bank. | 但在奖金到手之前 我是不会离开帕森的 有人很自信能升上合伙人啊 |
[09:24] | Oh somebody’s confident she’s gonna make partner. | |
[09:27] | Remind me. Who was that that was avoiding billables all year? | 提醒我一下 是谁一整年都在逃避开工啊? |
[09:30] | Don’t work the law, work the man. And that management committee loves me. | 我玩转的不是法律 是人心 管理委员会可喜欢我了 |
[09:33] | Well, they’ll love you a little less once you bounce. | 等你辞职走人 他们就没那么喜欢你了 |
[09:36] | Please. Bouncing after year-end bonus is practically tradition. | 拜托 领完年终奖再辞职 是传统做法好吧 |
[09:39] | Plus, that money will float my writing for a year. I’ll deal with the drama. | 再说那笔钱能支撑我 专心写作一年呢 那点风浪我受得了 |
[09:42] | No starving artist for you. | 你可不会做挨饿的艺术家 |
[09:44] | Mm-mm-mm. | |
[09:46] | [chuckles] I’m glad you’re following your dreams, Rach. | 我很高兴 你要追求自己的梦想了 瑞秋 |
[09:49] | Yeah. Well, I haven’t heard back from The Syndicate yet, | 是啊 不过 辛迪加那边还没回音呢 |
[09:52] | so maybe I’m not emerging-writer material. | 也许我根本就不是新晋剧作家的料 |
[09:55] | Hey! Yes, you are. | 嘿!你当然是 |
[09:57] | Everyone that meets you loves you. | 你人见人爱 一定能加入那个项目 |
[09:58] | You’re gonna get into that program, | |
[10:00] | you’re gonna bail on the relic that is Parsons Valentine, | 你会甩了帕森瓦伦汀那个老古董 |
[10:02] | and you will become the artist within you. | 活出真正的自己 一名艺术家 |
[10:05] | Well, I’m getting a toothache just sitting here. | 我坐在这儿吃了一嘴狗粮 |
[10:07] | You’re special too, Tyler. | 你也很特别哦 |
[10:08] | Okay. Can we just stow the relentless positivity | 好了 等我喝完第三杯咖啡 |
[10:10] | until I’ve had my third cup of coffee? | 你再继续发表正能量演讲吧 |
[10:12] | Oh and we don’t have to time our exits today. | 我们今天不用看时间出门 |
[10:14] | I’m going to H&H to pick up office bagels. | 我今天要去取律所订的贝果 |
[10:17] | Hey, actually, if you’re getting bagels, can you get me a blueberry one? | 既然你要去取贝果 顺便帮我买个蓝莓味的吧? |
[10:23] | Wait. I don’t know what kind of scone you’re looking for, | 我不知道你想吃的是哪种司康饼 |
[10:26] | but no, we do not put fruit in bagels. | 但不好意思 贝果里面就不该放水果 |
[10:29] | You’re gonna take what I give you, and you’re gonna like it. | 我给什么你就吃什么 包你喜欢 |
[10:31] | Yeah, I think we’ve established that. | 在这一点上我们已经达成共识了 |
[10:35] | [Tyler] Oh. | |
[10:36] | -Goodbye, boys. -[Tyler chuckles] | 再见 小伙子们 |
[10:38] | Bye. | 再见 |
[10:40] | [Tyler inhales] Hmm. | |
[10:43] | [Tyler inhales] | |
[10:44] | What? | 怎么了? |
[10:45] | You’re good for her. | 你跟她很配 |
[10:51] | [Lassiter] Here’s to a beautiful partnership. | 敬美好的合作伙伴关系 |
[10:53] | The ride wasn’t all smooth, | 过程并非一帆风顺 |
[10:55] | and, uh, that bronco bucked once or twice, right? [chuckles] | 还出了一两次小波折 对吧? |
[10:58] | But in the end, that just makes it all that much sweeter. | 但到头来 历经风霜 只会让结出的果实更加甜美 |
[11:01] | Together, we can do anything. You wanna say something, Frank? | 你我联手 未来充满无限可能 你想说几句吗 富兰克林? |
[11:05] | I built my company on a foundation of hard work. | 我在勤奋努力的基础上 建立了我的公司 |
[11:08] | I want to thank Ted for his commitment to that legacy. | 我想感谢泰德对我们这一传统的支持 |
[11:11] | And his wisdom in creating a greener, more responsible future. | 以及他的远见卓识 打造绿色未来、为环保出力 |
[11:17] | I want to thank our general counsel, Carter, | 我想谢谢我的总法律顾问 卡特 |
[11:19] | for his tireless work closing this deal. | 感谢他为达成交易付出的不懈努力 |
[11:21] | We could not have done it without you. | 没有你 我们不会有今天 |
[11:23] | Damn right, you couldn’t. | 那可不嘛 |
[11:25] | [both chuckle] | |
[11:28] | To the new Sun Corp! | 敬新的太阳集团! |
[11:30] | -To Sun Corp. -[all together] To Sun Corp. | -敬太阳集团 -敬太阳集团 |
[11:31] | [man 2] Hear, hear! | 说得好! |
[11:36] | -Ingrid, congratulations. -Thank you. | -英格丽 恭喜你 -谢谢 |
[11:39] | -Z, congratulations. -Thanks, Marty. | -小Z 恭喜 -谢谢你 马蒂 |
[11:42] | -[man 3] Cheers. -[Lassiter] Z? | -干杯 英格丽 -小Z? |
[11:43] | [Z] Ted, I wanted to thank you for your commitment to our division. | 泰德 我想谢谢你 对绿色科技分部的支持 |
[11:46] | I really think we’re gonna be able to push green energy. | 相信我们一定能 将绿色能源推上新台阶 |
[11:48] | No reason to thank me. Yun here did all the convincing. | 不用谢我 该感谢允的说服力 |
[11:52] | Good job, kid. | 做得好 孩子 |
[11:53] | Thanks, Ted. | 谢谢 泰德 |
[11:54] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[12:03] | Ingrid. | 英格丽 |
[12:06] | You forgot your deal toy. | 你忘了拿奖杯 |
[12:08] | You know how much energy it takes to make those plastic ego trophies? | 你知道制作那些奖杯 要耗费多少能源吗? |
[12:10] | How dare you? They’re acrylic. | 别胡说 这是丙烯酸塑料做的 |
[12:12] | [chuckles] | |
[12:13] | Hey, um, Ted wasn’t wrong in there. | 刚才泰德说得没错 |
[12:16] | You really brought this deal home, and I did not make it easy on you. | 是你促成了这笔交易 而我在过程中让你吃了不少苦头 |
[12:20] | So, thank you. | 所以 谢谢你 |
[12:23] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 刚才你爸爸看起来 真的很为你们骄傲 |
[12:24] | [inhales] Your dad looked really proud of you guys in there. | |
[12:27] | Right. Yeah. | 对 是啊 |
[12:29] | Well, you know, I do a million things right | 哪怕我做了无数件正确的事 |
[12:31] | and my dad sees the one wrong thing, | 我爸也只会抓住我的一个错处不放 |
[12:33] | and Carter does a million things wrong and my dad just sees Carter. | 而卡特纵使有千错万错 我爸的眼里也只有他这个儿子 |
[12:39] | Ah. | |
[12:40] | I have one of those back home too. | 看来我们同病相怜啊 |
[12:44] | -What? -Sorry. You just have a little eyelash. | -怎么了? -抱歉 你脸上粘了根睫毛 -就在… -我拿掉了吗? |
[12:47] | -Oh. -On the, uh… | |
[12:49] | -Did I get it? -Uh… | |
[12:51] | -May I? -Yeah, of course. [chuckles] | -我来帮你? -好啊 当然 你应该许个愿 |
[12:55] | Ah. You should make a wish. | |
[12:59] | [chuckles] | |
[13:00] | And I hope you get everything you wish for. | 我希望你愿望成真 |
[13:03] | [chuckles] | |
[13:10] | [exhales] | |
[13:17] | Looks good. [exhales] | 看起来不错 |
[13:20] | That’s for you. | 这是给你的 |
[13:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:24] | Okay, wait. That was way too earnest. Is this a bomb? Is it gonna self-destruct? | 慢着 你也太郑重其事了 这是炸弹吗?它会自爆吗? |
[13:29] | Will you just open it already? | 你打开看看不就知道了 |
[13:31] | A week-long trip to Banyan Tree, Mayakoba? | 玛雅哥巴悦榕庄一周游? |
[13:34] | Okay, be real. Are you dying? | 老实说 你是快死了吗? |
[13:36] | Appreciation is a lost fucking art. | 感恩真是一项遗失的艺术啊 |
[13:39] | You just say thank you. | 你直接说谢谢就好 |
[13:41] | [mo whooshes] | (节日贝果! 发件人:瑞秋) |
[13:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 (厨房现供节日贝果! 大家别客气) 我不知道 小Z现在满心感激 |
[13:46] | [sighs] I don’t know. Z was just so grateful. | |
[13:48] | He’s gonna be blindsided when Ted shuts him down. | 泰德关停绿色科技 一定会让他始料未及 |
[13:51] | You acted in the best interest of your client. | 你是为了客户的最大利益着想 |
[13:54] | You did your job, and look at where it landed you. | 你完成了工作 瞧瞧它为你带来的收获吧 |
[13:57] | Right where you belong. | 你要走到本该属于你的位置了 |
[13:59] | You should be excited. | 你应该感到激动 |
[14:00] | -I mean, I am. Even though I shouldn’t be. -No, no. Yes, you should. | -我确实很激动 虽然不应该 -不 你当然应该 |
[14:04] | Now why don’t we go check out our new offices? | 我们去看看将来的新办公室吧? |
[14:06] | -Okay. -Hey. | -好 -嘿 |
[14:08] | Don’t even bother trying to snake the big office. | 别妄想抢走那间大办公室 |
[14:10] | Facilities already know it’s mine. | 整间律所都知道它是我的 |
[14:12] | Size doesn’t matter, Dan. I’m sure you hear it all the time. | 尺寸不是问题 丹 这句话想必常有人跟你说吧 |
[14:15] | Only when it doesn’t fit. This’ll be fun. | 不合适时就是问题了 等着看好戏吧 |
[14:18] | [Ingrid scoffs] | |
[14:19] | Where were we? | 我们说到哪了? |
[14:25] | [Ingrid exhales] | |
[14:27] | I say we christen our new offices. | 我们来给新办公室施洗礼吧 |
[14:32] | We said no more jumping. | 我们说好了不再扑倒对方的 反对 那是你说的 |
[14:34] | -Mmm, objection. You said that. -[chuckles] | |
[14:38] | -I said try to resist me. -[Ingrid gasps] | 我说的是看你如何抵挡我的魅力 杰夫! |
[14:41] | [squeals] Jeff! [chuckles] | |
[14:44] | [Ingrid inhales] | |
[14:46] | You’re lucky I wore a skirt. | 算你运气好 我今天穿了裙子 (辛迪加剧院 剧作家的创意空间) |
[14:47] | [chuckles] | |
[14:50] | [telephone ringing in the distance] | |
[14:54] | [knocks on door] | |
[14:56] | You want me to beat up this freaking kid? | -你要我揍那小子吗? -我不想要你做任何事 是 你对我有怨气 随便吧 |
[14:58] | -I don’t want dick from you, Dan. -Yeah, yeah. You hold a grudge. Whatever. | |
[15:01] | But if granola boy is getting fresh with you, | 但那个麦片小子竟敢调戏你 看我不把他痛扁一顿 |
[15:03] | I will go to town on his stupid ass. | |
[15:05] | What the hell are you talking about? | 你在说什么啊? |
[15:07] | Check your email. It’s from Justin. | 看看你的邮箱吧 贾斯汀的回复 |
[15:10] | Do it. | 看啊 (新邮件 来自贾斯汀科曼) |
[15:12] | [keyboard clicking] | |
[15:13] | [Rachel] “I’ll schmear your bagel.” | “我要舔你的贝果” |
[15:17] | He replied-all? | 他点了回复全体? 等等 这是重点吗? 你那义愤填膺的劲儿哪里去了? |
[15:19] | Wait. That’s what you care about? Where’s your righteous indignation? | |
[15:27] | Holy shit. | 天啊 |
[15:29] | You’re fucking a paralegal? | 你在跟律师助理上床? |
[15:32] | Well, that’s a wildly inappropriate power dynamic. | 这种办公室恋情不太合适吧 |
[15:34] | What? You hit on me all the time. | 什么?你不也一直调戏我吗? |
[15:36] | Yeah, and we’re equals. | 对 但我们是平级 |
[15:38] | I would never mess with someone my junior. Talk about lawsuit-bait. | 我绝对不会跟我的下级鬼混 你就不怕被告吗? |
[15:41] | Just ’cause you’re a chick, doesn’t make it any different. | 哪怕你是个女的 这种事仍旧恶劣 |
[15:44] | Cute that you suddenly have a moral line. | 你还突然间讲起道德来了 真可爱 |
[15:46] | Mind your own goddamn business. | 少管闲事 |
[15:49] | [Rachel sighs] | |
[15:50] | Your boy toy just made your business all our business. | 你的小男友刚刚把私事公开了 |
[15:57] | I knew she was a dirty girl. | 我就知道她是个骚货 |
[16:05] | Do you have any idea what you’ve done? | 你知道自己做了什么吗? |
[16:07] | No. | 不知道 |
[16:18] | I just had Dan fucking Fallon in my office offering to defend my honor. | 刚才丹法伦跑到我办公室来 说什么要维护我的名誉 |
[16:22] | All I said was, “I’ll schmear your bagel.” | 我不就回了句“我要舔你的贝果”嘛 |
[16:24] | Yes. And everyone saw it, | 对 而且大家都看到了 |
[16:26] | and they’re all making the same calculation. | 他们都会得出同样的结论 |
[16:28] | Either you’re a harasser, or we’re fucking. | 要么是你在对我性骚扰 要么是我们俩在乱搞 |
[16:32] | Neither of which is acceptable. | 任何一样都不能接受 |
[16:33] | I don’t understand. Since when do you care what everyone in the office thinks? | 你什么时候开始 在乎起律所其他人的想法了? |
[16:36] | Let me explain something to you. | 我把话跟你说清楚 |
[16:40] | Men get promoted for fucking around. | 男人乱搞能得晋升 |
[16:43] | Women just get fucked. | 女人乱搞就完蛋了 |
[16:46] | I didn’t know I was replying-all. I’m sorry. | 我没意识到那是全体回复 对不起 |
[16:49] | You know, this is exactly why I don’t date anyone at the office. | 这就是为什么 我不愿跟律所里的人交往 |
[16:52] | [intriguing music plays] | |
[16:58] | [Rachel sighs] | |
[17:03] | Okay. Well, what can I do to make this right? | 好吧 那我该怎么弥补? |
[17:06] | I think you’ve done enough. | 我觉得你做的够多了 |
[17:08] | [intriguing music continues] | |
[17:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:12] | [knocks on door] | |
[17:16] | -Yeah? -[door opens] | 进来 你们俩都在呀 |
[17:18] | [sucks teeth] Ah, there you both are. | |
[17:20] | Would you two care to amend your statements of relationship status? | 二位来修改一下之前的关系陈述吧? |
[17:29] | [realtor] The building is LEED-certified | 这栋楼通过了绿色建筑认证 |
[17:31] | with a full-time doorman, a lounge, and a gym. | 附带全职门卫、大堂和健身房 |
[17:34] | [Tyler] All units have sub-zero appliances? | 所有公寓房间都配备冷柜吗? |
[17:36] | And wine fridges, standard. | 还有标准款的红酒柜 |
[17:38] | Ah, lovely. | 真好 |
[17:39] | I’ve got a one-bedroom opening up. 7,000 a month. | 我有一间单卧室的公寓待租 每个月七千 |
[17:42] | It’ll go quick, so let me know. | 这里的房源走得很快 尽快回复我 |
[17:45] | I bet it will. | 可不是嘛 |
[17:47] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[17:50] | [Tyler sighs] | |
[17:56] | [Murphy] I could get used to this life. | 我还挺享受这样的生活呢 |
[17:58] | Don’t get used to this. This was just a moment. [clears throat] | 可别太享受了 这只是一时放纵 |
[18:01] | -Agreed. Absolutely no more moments. -I’m coming! | 同意 绝对不能再来更多次了 我来啦! |
[18:04] | -A pre-holiday-party party? -[indistinct chatter] | 节日派对还没到就开始提前庆祝了? |
[18:07] | I don’t know. It’s early, even for them. | 不知道 就算对他们来说 也太早了点 |
[18:11] | That must’ve been one heck of a pitch. | 那场简报一定相当成功吧 |
[18:13] | Yeah, you don’t even have to play the whole Gretchen Landrus wifey card. | 连格莱琴蓝卓思的 老婆感情牌都不用打 |
[18:16] | Is your dad really the inventor of toaster strudel? | 你爸真的发明了土司馅饼吗? |
[18:19] | What? Are you boys celebrating without us? | 什么?你们在这庆祝都不叫上我们? |
[18:20] | [Dan] Mmm. | |
[18:21] | You didn’t hear? Hunter just landed the Bearington account. | 亨特刚刚拿下了贝林顿的案子 |
[18:24] | [Caleb] Yeah. Talk about a partner move. | 是啊 合伙人非他莫属了 |
[18:26] | Yeah, all that honey you sent must’ve sweetened the deal. | 你送的那些蜂蜜一定帮了不少忙吧 |
[18:29] | -You get it? -He doesn’t get anything. | -你懂吗? -他什么都不懂 |
[18:31] | So, Hunter. So, you added Bearington to your book, then? | 所以 亨特 你拉到贝林顿这个客户了? |
[18:33] | More like Bearington told Marty that Hunter is their guy. | 应该说是贝林顿 跟马蒂指名要亨特服务 |
[18:37] | -Relationship partner, baby. -[Ingrid inhales] | 关系伙伴啊 宝贝 |
[18:39] | Wow. There’s not too many whales out there like that. Congrats, Hunter. | 哇哦 那样的大鳄可不多见 恭喜你 亨特 |
[18:43] | Better luck next year, London. | 祝你明年好运 伦敦小子 |
[18:46] | We’ll see. | 我们走着瞧 |
[18:47] | [Caleb] What’s to see? | 有什么好瞧的? |
[18:48] | Dan has Raytheon, and Ingrid’s point on Sun Corp, so… | 丹有雷神的案子 英格丽牵头了太阳集团的收购案… |
[18:51] | Caleb, year-one lesson, talk less. | 凯勒布 一年级生的指导课 闭上嘴 少说话 |
[18:54] | [Dan chuckles] | |
[18:56] | Congratulations, Hunter. Good on you, mate. | 恭喜你 亨特 好样的 伙计 |
[18:58] | Thanks, Murph. [chuckles] | 谢谢 墨菲 |
[19:00] | -Oh my God! Sweetened, like honey. -[men chuckle] | 天啊!好甜 像蜂蜜一样 |
[19:03] | Hey. We don’t know what this means. | 嘿 结果会怎样还不一定呢 |
[19:05] | Come on, Ingrid. We both know Dan’s a lock. | 得了吧 英格丽 我们都知道丹是内定人选 |
[19:07] | His book’s insane. And Caleb’s an idiot, but he’s right. | 他的人脉广得离谱 凯勒布虽然傻 但他说的没错 |
[19:11] | You’re the point person on Sun Corp. | 你主持了太阳集团的收购案 |
[19:13] | With Hunter, that’s three. That leaves me out in the cold. | 再加上亨特 总共三个人 我没戏了 |
[19:16] | [sighs] | |
[19:18] | You deserve this. | 这是你应得的 |
[19:20] | And, hey, there’s always next year, right? | 况且 我可以等明年嘛 对吧? 嘿 |
[19:24] | Hey. | |
[19:27] | You okay? | 你没事吧? |
[19:29] | Always. | 没事 |
[19:36] | Hey. Should I confirm the salon appointments for tomorrow? | 嘿 我要确认明天的沙龙预约吗? |
[19:40] | [Ingrid sighs] | |
[19:41] | Yeah. | 好 |
[19:44] | -Thanks, Margo. -Yeah. | 谢谢你 玛戈 好的 |
[19:48] | [Tyler] Look. I’m not some inbred, trust-fund brat | 虽然我不是什么家里有矿的富二代 |
[19:50] | who spent his life summering on Daddy’s yacht, | 可以每年在爸爸的游艇上度夏消遣 |
[19:53] | but you won’t find anyone better at integrating the technical IP know-how | 但没有人比我更善于 将知识产权方面的专业技能 |
[19:56] | with the boots-on-the-ground realities of modern creative fields. | 融入到真枪实弹的 现代创新领域中去了 |
[20:00] | I got enough trustees in the department. | 知识产权部门的受托人 我这里已经够多了 |
[20:03] | I need someone who doesn’t make the clients’ eyes glaze over. | 我需要一个不会让客户感到无聊的人 |
[20:05] | [chuckles] Yeah. That doesn’t happen to me. | 正好 这种情况从不会发生在我身上 |
[20:08] | I, uh… I make an impression. | 我会给人留下深刻印象 |
[20:10] | -I bet. You’re certainly not boring. -[Tyler chuckles] | 那倒是 你绝对不是个无趣的人 |
[20:12] | Calling out Parsons on your way out the door, bold move. | 公布辞职宣言 揭发帕森 很大胆的举动 |
[20:16] | There were extenuating circumstances. | 我此举情有可原 |
[20:18] | Please. We played that video on a loop in the dining hall. | 不用解释 我们在餐厅循环播放过那段视频 |
[20:21] | Parsons has been asking for it. | 帕森那是活该 |
[20:23] | They don’t even publish their diversity stats. | 他们甚至不敢公布员工的多样性数据 |
[20:26] | It’s the Dark Ages over there. | 那里就是当代版的黑暗时代 |
[20:27] | [exhales] | |
[20:29] | Hotham and White is a different beast. | 霍森和怀特则不同 |
[20:31] | We’ve got a rock-solid DEI team | 坚实的多元平等包容团队 |
[20:33] | that keeps our people current on the reality of the world. | 使得我们能够与时俱进 紧跟世界的步伐 |
[20:35] | We hire accordingly, and our clients are all about it. | 我们会照此原则聘用人才 客户也十分重视这一点 |
[20:38] | -Sometimes doing good is good business. -Mmm, you should put that on a T-shirt. | -有时候做好事就能带来好生意 -你真该把这句话印在T恤上 |
[20:42] | Well, we just might. | 这个提议不错 |
[20:43] | [both chuckle] | |
[20:45] | [inhales] | |
[20:47] | I think you’d be a good fit here. | 我认为你很适合这里 |
[20:49] | I know you were close to making partner at Parsons. | 我知道你差点就在帕森升任合伙人了 |
[20:52] | You’d have to put in a year with us, | 你需要在我们这里磨练一年 |
[20:53] | but management would be excited to have you join the partner ranks. | 但管理层会很乐意 将你加入合伙人的行列 |
[20:57] | Well, that sounds like exactly what I need to get back on track. | 这与我的意向不谋而合 |
[21:00] | Excellent. | 太好了 |
[21:01] | Good to meet you, Tyler. You’ll be hearing from us soon. | 很高兴认识你 我们会很快与你联系 |
[21:04] | -[Tyler] Thank you so much. -[elevator chimes] | 非常感谢 |
[21:08] | Okay, boys. Sound off. | 好了 弟兄们 各抒己见吧 |
[21:11] | I say three-one-six. | 我觉得是3-1-6 |
[21:14] | Bullshit. | 胡扯 |
[21:16] | Four-oh-four. | |
[21:17] | -I’m with Brad. Two-oh-four. -[elevator chimes] | 我同意布莱德 2-0-4 |
[21:25] | Bruh. [chuckles] | 老兄 3-1-6 |
[21:26] | Three-one-six. [snorts] | |
[21:28] | -She was not a six. That was a four, max. -[elevator chimes] | 她才算不上6呢 顶多是个4 |
[21:31] | And really? You’d hit that? Talk about hard-up. | 不是吧?那样的你都行?饥不择食啊 |
[21:33] | [men chuckle] | |
[21:35] | Real classy, guys. | 真有品啊 你们 |
[21:37] | What? | 什么? |
[21:38] | Hotham and White. “Where doing good is good for business.” | 霍森和怀特 “做好事就能带来好生意” (英格丽 发送至:泰勒 你好吗?) (我们能谈谈吗?) |
[21:50] | -[exhales] -[mobile whooshes] | |
[21:56] | -[mobile whooshes] -[sighs] | |
[21:59] | [telephone pad clicking] | |
[22:03] | [telephone ringing] | |
[22:12] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[22:13] | [Ingrid] Hey. It’s me. | 嘿 是我 |
[22:17] | I’m sorry about the email. | 邮件的事 真遗憾 |
[22:20] | Yeah. Well, idiots are gonna idiot. | 是啊 傻子总是要犯傻的 |
[22:24] | At least it’s obvious who they are. | 至少他们傻得一目了然 |
[22:26] | [sighs] | |
[22:28] | I kept our salon appointments for the party if you still wanna go. | 我保留了派对前的沙龙预约 你还想去吗? |
[22:32] | I know how much you love the Glam Squad. | 我知道你很喜欢格兰美妆团队 |
[22:37] | You know what? I’m slammed… | 其实 我现在很忙 所以… |
[22:43] | so have fun getting partner-ready. | 安心准备当合伙人吧 祝你愉快 |
[22:47] | Bye. | 再见 |
[22:48] | [line disconnects] | |
[22:53] | [sighs] | |
[22:58] | -I’m sorry. You’re on my lunch. -[Tyler chuckles] | 抱歉 你正赶上我吃午餐 |
[23:01] | I’m honored, and that hot dog is disgusting. | 我很荣幸 但那热狗有点恶心啊 这一大块由猪头肉、内脏和骨髓 混合制成的肉肠是典型的美式主食 |
[23:04] | Well, I will have you know, | |
[23:05] | this hunk of head meat, intestines, and bone slime is an American staple. | |
[23:09] | Mmm, your West Virginia is showing. | 你的西弗吉尼亚血统暴露了 |
[23:10] | -Well, I fly it with pride, baby. -[chuckles] It’s good to see you. | 我很自豪 宝贝儿 见到你真好 |
[23:14] | You too. The office is a snoozefest without you. | 同感 没有你的律所简直沉闷无趣 |
[23:17] | Well, there’s always squash with Dan. | 你还可以跟丹打壁球啊 |
[23:19] | [inhales] | |
[23:20] | I don’t play squash with Dan anymore. | 我不再跟丹打壁球了 |
[23:23] | I’m really sorry about how that all went down, you know? | 之前发生的一切 我跟抱歉 |
[23:25] | I told HR it was wrong. Not that it did any good. | 我跟人事部说了那是不对的 但似乎没什么帮助 |
[23:28] | Thanks. And hey, you tried. | 谢谢 嘿 你尽力了 |
[23:31] | Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing there. | 我都搞不懂自己在做什么 |
[23:33] | Like, I’m not making partner, why am I killing myself? | 我又当不上合伙人 干吗那么卖命啊? |
[23:35] | I thought you were tracking this year. | 你今年不是在合伙人之路上吗? |
[23:37] | My client lost a class-action suit, so the deal went bust. | 我的客户输了一场集体诉讼 交易没戏了 |
[23:41] | Without that, my book can’t compete with Dan’s warmongers or Ingrid’s oilmen. | 没了那案子 我的业绩没法跟 丹的雷神和英格丽的石油大亨比 |
[23:45] | I guess maybe next year. | 看来我得等明年了 |
[23:47] | It sucks. I’m sorry. | 太不凑巧了 真可惜 |
[23:48] | What about you? | 你呢? |
[23:49] | I killed it at Hotham and White. They offered to get me back on track. | 我在霍森和怀特的面试很顺利 他们承诺让我上合伙人之路 |
[23:53] | No shit! | 真的假的! |
[23:55] | [sighs] But then, like a karmic joke, | 可然后 就好像命运开了一个玩笑 |
[23:56] | I ran into their Dan wannabes overcompensating all over each other. | 我在那里碰到了另一群 像丹一样口没遮拦的小子 |
[24:00] | Mmm. | |
[24:01] | But I cannot keep couch-surfing. [exhales] | 但我不能再借宿朋友的沙发了 |
[24:04] | God, am I about to sell my soul for a SoHo one-bedroom? | 天啊 难道我要为了 苏豪区的一间单卧公寓出卖灵魂吗? |
[24:07] | Mmm. | |
[24:09] | Before you commit to eternal damnation, | 趁你还没一失足成千古恨 |
[24:11] | you should check out my cousin’s place in Queens. | 去看看我表亲在皇后区的房子吧 |
[24:14] | Queens? | 皇后区? |
[24:16] | Your snob is showing. | 你的势利眼暴露了 |
[24:17] | I fly it with pride, baby. | 我很自豪 宝贝儿 |
[24:19] | Well, reel it back in and get yourself off the couch. | 把那副心态收回去 离开借宿的沙发吧 |
[24:22] | Maybe a shake-up’s just what you need. | 也许你正需要转换一下环境 |
[24:25] | Hmm. | |
[24:26] | Or hot dogs. | 或者来根热狗 味道不错哦 绝对不要 (中央公园西15号) |
[24:28] | -It’s not bad. -Absolutely not. | |
[24:32] | [door opens, shuts] | |
[24:34] | [Christmas music playing faintly] | |
[24:36] | [Ingrid sighs] | |
[24:38] | Ho ho ho! ‘Tis the season. | 嗬嗬嗬!圣诞季到喽 |
[24:41] | Not that you’d know it from this place, but, um, it’s all good, I’m here now. | 从这里看不出节日气氛 但没关系 有我在呢 |
[24:46] | -It won’t work this time. -What? | -这次没用 -什么? |
[24:49] | Your move. An act of contrition to make up for the disaster du jour. | 你主动示好的这招 表现得像在为那天闯的祸忏悔 |
[24:54] | It won’t work this time, Lina. | 这次没用了 莉娜 |
[24:55] | Look. I thought the earrings were yours. | 我真的以为那副耳环是你的 |
[24:57] | I spent the night in jail. | 我在监狱里过了一夜 |
[24:59] | You know, you strut through the world, | 你大摇大摆地到处乱跑 |
[25:01] | blowing shit up, and you don’t even notice. | 惹是生非 还毫无自知之明 |
[25:05] | [Christmas music continues faintly] | |
[25:17] | [Ingrid groans] | |
[25:18] | Dammit. | 可恶 |
[25:20] | Can you zip me up? | 帮我拉一下好吗? |
[25:24] | [Ingrid sighs] | |
[25:27] | You know the worst part? | 你知道最可恶的是什么吗? |
[25:30] | Even after all the chaos and drama you cause, still… | 就算你那么任性胡来 |
[25:33] | still Mom and Dad, they only see you. | 妈妈和爸爸眼里还是只有你 |
[25:37] | [sentimental music playing] | |
[25:39] | What world do you live in? | 你是活在另一个世界吗? |
[25:43] | Do you have any idea what it’s like | 你知道一直被人拿来 |
[25:45] | to be constantly compared to Little Miss Perfect? | 跟完美小姐比较 是怎样的感觉吗? |
[25:48] | [Ingrid exhales] | |
[25:49] | You’re just blaming me because you hate your life and don’t know why. | 你只是讨厌自己现在的生活 又找不到原因 所以迁怒于我罢了 |
[25:54] | No. You’re using me as an excuse to fail. | 不 是你在拿我当作失败的借口 |
[25:57] | You drop out of Juilliard, you can’t hold a job, | 你从茱莉亚学院退学、找不到工作 |
[26:00] | you have no place to live except for with your parade of loser boyfriends. | 你没地方住 只能跟你那个失败的男朋友住一起 |
[26:04] | You’re stealing earrings to pawn for money? | 你还偷耳环拿去当掉换钱? |
[26:07] | [exhales] | |
[26:08] | Why can’t you just get your shit together? | 你为什么就不能做点正经事呢? |
[26:11] | Like you? | 像你一样? |
[26:12] | You think if you have the right job, and the fancy apartment, | 你以为有了体面的工作、漂亮的公寓 |
[26:16] | and the white boy on your arm, | 搂着白人帅哥 |
[26:17] | you’ll be safe and protected from all the shit in the world? | 就不用面对世界的残酷了? |
[26:21] | I’ve worked hard to make my life amazing. | 我的好日子是靠努力工作挣来的 |
[26:24] | I’m about to make partner at Parsons Valentine & Hunt. | 我就快成为 帕森瓦伦汀和亨特的合伙人了 |
[26:27] | I will not let you blow that up for me too. | 我不会让你害我晋升落空的 |
[26:33] | Try not to flood my apartment again. | 别再让我的公寓被水淹了 (无线电城音乐厅) |
[26:39] | [door opens, shuts] | |
[26:42] | [“Deck the Halls” by Steve Sidwell playing] | |
[26:54] | ♪ Deck the halls with boughs of holly Fa la la la la, la la la la ♪ | |
[26:59] | ♪ ‘Tis the season to be jolly Fa la la la la, la la la la ♪ | |
[27:03] | ♪ Don we now… ♪ | |
[27:05] | Congratulations. I’m so excited for you. | 恭喜 我真为你高兴 合伙人等级是时候迎来新面孔了 |
[27:07] | It’s about time they shook up the partner ranks. | |
[27:09] | Nothing is official. | 还没正式宣布呢 |
[27:10] | Of all the sixth-years I’ve seen over the decades, | 近几十年来 我见过的所有六年级律师里 |
[27:13] | you shine the brightest. | 你是最耀眼的 |
[27:15] | Chin up. | 开心点 |
[27:16] | You earned this. | 这是你应得的 |
[27:18] | You’re the best, Margo. | 你最好了 玛戈 |
[27:23] | [both exhale] | |
[27:28] | -Congratulations, Ingrid. -Thanks, Jim. | -恭喜你 英格丽 -谢谢 吉姆 |
[27:30] | -[woman 1] Cheers to you, Ingrid. -[Ingrid] Thanks. | 干杯 英格丽 干杯 |
[27:38] | Hey, Yun. Get over here. Partner toast. | 嘿 允 过来 合伙人祝酒 |
[27:42] | [mouths] Go on. | 去吧 |
[27:46] | Of course, you’re celebrating yourselves before you even get the gig. | 还没尘埃落定呢 你们就急着为自己庆祝了 |
[27:49] | I celebrate myself every day. One of the perks of being born awesome. | 我每天都会为自己庆祝 这是生为高富帅的好处之一 |
[27:52] | To the new partners. Cheers. | 敬新晋合伙人 干杯 |
[27:54] | -[all together] Cheers! -To us! | -干杯! -敬我们! |
[28:00] | [Dan] Ugh. | |
[28:01] | Can you believe that tool Gavin Dunmore is making partner in IP? | 知识产权部那个傻子盖文邓摩 也要升合伙人了 你敢信? |
[28:04] | He’s like the dollar-store knockoff of Robinson. | 罗宾森走了 他就是个捡漏的一元店次货 |
[28:06] | Whatever happened to standards? | 律所的标准怎么变这么低了? |
[28:07] | They took a hit when you drove Tyler out of the firm. | 你气走了泰勒 他们只好矮子里面拔将军喽 |
[28:10] | Yeah, well, I’ll be atoning for my sins now that I have to work with that idiot. | 现在我不得不跟那个白痴一起工作 也算是赎罪了吧 |
[28:13] | Whose fault is that? | 这该怪谁呢? |
[28:15] | I’m just saying. Wimpy partners dilute the brand. | 我只是想说 软弱无用的合伙人会淡化品牌形象 |
[28:20] | You look nice, by the way. | 对了 你今晚很美 |
[28:23] | Oh I’m drunk. [exhales] | 我醉了 |
[28:28] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[28:31] | [Rachel sighs] | |
[28:33] | Yes. Give me the nectar of the gods. | 对 给我神赐的玉液琼浆 |
[28:47] | That’s her. That’s Rachel Friedman. | 那就是瑞秋弗莱德曼 |
[28:51] | [woman 2] She must be so embarrassed. | 她一定觉得很尴尬吧 |
[28:54] | [man 4] Sleeping with her best friend’s paralegal. | 跟自己好闺蜜的律师助理上床 |
[28:56] | [chuckles] | |
[29:00] | -[keypad clicking] -[mobile whooshes] | (瑞秋 – 发送至:泰勒 天啊 真希望你在这里) |
[29:03] | [mobile screen locks] | |
[29:09] | [sirens wailing in the distance] | |
[29:12] | [keypad clicking] | (泰勒) |
[29:14] | [mobile whooshes] | |
[29:22] | Tyler! | 泰勒! |
[29:24] | -How you doing, man? -Ah, you must be Bobby. | 你好啊 兄弟 你一定就是鲍比了 |
[29:27] | That’s what it says on my birth certificate. [chuckles] | 我出生证明上是这么写的 进来吧 托德最好了 对吧? |
[29:29] | Come in, come in. | |
[29:30] | Ah, isn’t Todd the greatest? | |
[29:33] | I just… I love Todd, I love his friends. | 我超爱托德和他的朋友 |
[29:36] | I can already tell I’m gonna love you too, man. | 我有预感 我一定也会爱死你的 哥们 |
[29:39] | [both chuckle] | |
[29:40] | Thanks. | 谢谢 (包装工队) |
[29:43] | [Bobby] Check it out. | 瞧瞧 |
[29:46] | This is all for sportsball. | 充满球类运动氛围的装饰风格 |
[29:50] | Yeah. Those are my guys. | 对 他们都是我的队员 |
[29:52] | I’m an owner, you know? | 我也是老板之一 知道吗? |
[29:54] | Took my barista tips | 2011年那会儿 |
[29:55] | and bought myself two whole shares of Packer stocks back in 2011. | 我还是咖啡厅服务员 拿着小费买了两股包装工队的股份 |
[30:00] | It was the best 500 bucks I ever spent. | 那是我花过的最值当的500块 |
[30:02] | Talk about the 1% bilking the working man. | 金字塔顶端的富豪 欺诈工薪阶层的血汗钱啊 |
[30:04] | No, not even. Packers are a publicly-owned nonprofit. | 不 完全不是 包装工队是公有的非盈利团体 |
[30:09] | It’s all about community. | 它关注的是社区 |
[30:12] | That’s Brett Favre. | 那是布雷特法弗 看到了吗?请坐吧 |
[30:13] | -[exclaims] -See him? | |
[30:14] | [chuckles] Go ahead. Take a seat. | |
[30:16] | I’ll allow it. | 好的 |
[30:18] | Merits on the decor aside, | 除了装修风格别致以外 |
[30:20] | the place has some pretty good bones. | 这间公寓的格局也挺好 |
[30:24] | Yeah, yeah. No. I think so. | 是啊 我也觉得 |
[30:26] | And hey, the price is right. 2,000 a month. | 而且价格公道 两千一个月 |
[30:29] | Uh, no doorman, but the neighbors are super quiet. | 没有门卫 但邻居都是很安静的人 |
[30:32] | Might be just a little bit of a step down for a fancy lawyer like yourself though. | 不过对于像你这么时髦的律师来说 可能是有点掉价了 |
[30:38] | [inhales] Yeah. It’s slightly different than what I saw for myself. | 是啊 跟我想象中的住所 有那么点不一样 |
[30:42] | Is that a bad thing? | 那是好事还是坏事? |
[30:45] | I wouldn’t suppose there’s a gym nearby? | 这附近有健身房吗? |
[30:47] | Yeah. Some of the guys go to a place a couple blocks away. | 有啊 有些住客 会去两个街区外的健身房 |
[30:50] | You should check it out. | 你可以去看看 |
[30:51] | Hey. Wouldn’t hurt to take a tour, right? | 去参观一下也无妨 对吧? |
[30:54] | And, of course, we have yoga, Pilates, spinning, sculpt, etcetera. | 当然 我们提供瑜伽课 普拉提、动感单车和塑形课程等 |
[30:58] | Look around. I’ll be at the front desk if you have questions. | 请随意看吧 如有任何问题 请到前台找我 |
[31:01] | All right, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[31:04] | -[indistinct chatter] -[weights clanking] | |
[31:13] | [Valdo chuckles] | |
[31:14] | Slumming it, Mister “man of the people”? | 来体验苦日子了吗 “人民公仆”先生? |
[31:18] | Yeah. That’s right. I saw your Insta. Sticking it to the man. | 对 没错 我看到你发的视频了 公然反抗强权 |
[31:22] | Iconic. | 偶像啊 |
[31:23] | Thing is, you blackmailed me on behalf of the man, | 问题是 当初代表那个强权 胁迫我的也是你 |
[31:26] | so fuck you, but also… [chuckles] …what the fuck? | 所以 去你妈的 但我也着实吃了一惊 |
[31:29] | Oh please. The king of shit-talking is gonna cast stones? | 拜托 嘴炮王要开始输出了吗? |
[31:32] | Welcome to my party. | 欢迎来到我的世界 |
[31:34] | Uh, Luxe, your corporate overlord, didn’t stop with just me, you know? | 知道吗?你那个企业霸主拉克斯 祸害完我以后并没有见好就收 |
[31:39] | They’ve been coming down hard on all sorts of indie designers. | 他们一直在对所有独立小公司下黑手 |
[31:42] | Their lawsuit’s bleeding Cara Obscura dry. | 他们的官司大战 就快拖垮卡拉奥斯库拉了 |
[31:44] | You saw my Insta. I bailed on that life. | 你看过我的IG页面 我已经辞职了 |
[31:46] | Way to dodge accountability. | 可真会逃避责任 |
[31:48] | All Luxe cares about is money, damn the community. | 拉克斯在乎的只有钱 根本不关心同行的死活 |
[31:52] | You blazed a trail for them. | 而你给他们打赢了头阵 |
[31:55] | Like knows like, so let me assure you, you are a mess. | 我们是一类人 所以我可以 肯定地告诉你 你整个人一团糟 |
[31:59] | But what kind of mess are you? | 但哪一个才是真的你呢? |
[32:02] | Are you the guy in the suit, or are you the guy on Insta? | 是穿西装的伪君子 还是在IG上慷慨激昂的正义斗士? |
[32:07] | [Valdo scoffs] | |
[32:14] | [“Young at Heart” by Cavendish Music playing] | |
[32:17] | [Rachel sighs] | |
[32:18] | ♪ You keep me young at heart… ♪ | |
[32:21] | Harold Rosenstein. | 哈罗德罗森斯坦 |
[32:22] | What’s shaking? | 你好吗? |
[32:24] | Everything’s good. | 一切都好 |
[32:26] | I remember when my first wife jumped ship, | 我记得我的第一任妻子 当初说要离婚时 |
[32:29] | I thought it was a disaster, but it wasn’t. | 我以为那是灾难的开始 但其实不是的 |
[32:32] | It was a chance to try again. | 那是一个重新尝试的机会 |
[32:36] | You get to try again, kid. And you don’t even have to pay alimony. | 你有重新尝试的权利 孩子 而且你还不用付赡养费 |
[32:44] | Are you talking about The Syndicate? | 你是指辛迪加吗? |
[32:46] | It was a very competitive year. | 这一年竞争很激烈 |
[32:49] | They’re rejecting me. | 他们要把我拒了 |
[32:50] | We’ll get it next go-around. | 你下次一定能进去 |
[32:52] | After all, you have that young muse now. Bagel Boy. | 毕竟你现在 有了那个年轻的缪斯 贝果男孩 |
[32:57] | I love a good schmear. Mmm! | 我可喜欢尽情地舔了 |
[33:01] | [inhales] | |
[33:03] | Well, whatever. It’s their loss, right? | 随便吧 这是他们的损失 对吧? |
[33:07] | Harold! Love the drink you got there. | 哈罗德!你那杯鸡尾酒真可爱 |
[33:10] | Mind if I borrow Rachel? | 介意我跟瑞秋说两句吗? |
[33:11] | Girl talk? | 女生的悄悄话? |
[33:13] | I’m hip. | 我很时髦的 感谢及时救场 |
[33:14] | [chuckles, exhales] | |
[33:22] | [exhales] A-plus rescue. | |
[33:24] | [inhales] | |
[33:25] | Shouldn’t you be getting ready for the Litigation announcements? | 你不用去准备公布 诉讼部今年的合伙人吗? |
[33:28] | Okay. So I’m not telling you this, but I’m telling you this. | 好吧 我私下告诉你 你听完了就当我没说过吧 |
[33:32] | Your name won’t be called tonight. | 今晚的名单上没有你的名字 |
[33:35] | -Are you serious? -Yeah. | -你是认真的吗? -对 |
[33:37] | One off-color reply-all nukes my shot at partner? | 收到一条色情回复 就断送了我升合伙人的机会? |
[33:40] | Yeah, you really shouldn’t be sleeping with the support staff | 虽然你确实不该跟支持人员上床 |
[33:43] | or anyone at the office, | 跟律所任何人都不应该 |
[33:44] | but that’s not why you didn’t make partner. | 但那不是你没能升上合伙人的原因 拜托 你知道我是能力最强的 |
[33:47] | Oh come on. You know I’m the best. | |
[33:50] | You are the best, but you’re also billing half the hours of your peers. | 你确实最强 但你的计费工时还不到同僚的一半 |
[33:53] | -You’re coasting. -[Rachel exhales] | 你在划水 你以为管理委员会的人 不会注意到吗? |
[33:55] | Did you think the management committee wouldn’t notice? | |
[33:57] | Look, you are an amazing lawyer, Rachel, | 听着 你是一名出色的律师 瑞秋 |
[34:00] | but you’re essentially part-time. | 但你其实只能算是在做兼职 |
[34:02] | I had to go to bat just to keep you, and you didn’t give me much ammunition. | 你能留下 全靠我帮你努力争取 但你的表现并没多少说服力 |
[34:06] | They wanted to get rid of me? | 他们想开了我? |
[34:08] | Step up, hit your billables, keep your job. | 加把劲 做满计费工时 保住你的工作 我能喝一杯吗? |
[34:19] | [sighs] | |
[34:20] | Um… [clears throat] …can I have a drink? | |
[34:23] | You work so hard. Are your parents proud of you? | 你这么努力 你父母应该很自豪吧? |
[34:25] | They’re thrilled. What about you? | 他们可高兴了 你呢? |
[34:27] | Ingrid! We can finally do drinks. | 英格丽!我们终于能喝一杯了 |
[34:30] | April, I’m sorry we haven’t had a chance to get together. | 艾普尔 真抱歉 我们一直没机会聚聚 |
[34:33] | You have so much going on, and here you are, | 你太忙了嘛 而现在 |
[34:36] | about to become the first Asian American female partner at Parsons. | 你就要成为帕森的 第一个美籍亚裔女律师啦 你就像一座希望的灯塔 |
[34:40] | -[Ingrid breathes deeply] -You’re like a beacon of hope. | |
[34:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:45] | So what area of the law excites you the most? | 你喜欢哪方面的法律? 你得指定五年计划哦 |
[34:48] | You need to make a five-year plan. | |
[34:49] | Oh I have a spreadsheet. | 我列了一张表格呢 |
[34:50] | Tell me everything. | 快全告诉我 |
[34:52] | -Okay, sure– -[Karen] And now… | -当然好呀… -现在… |
[34:54] | Hold that thought. | 回头再聊 |
[34:54] | The moment you’ve all been waiting for, | 大家期待已久的时刻到了 |
[34:57] | our annual partnership announcement! | 我们一年一度的 新晋合伙人宣布环节! |
[35:00] | [all applauding] | |
[35:02] | What are you doing Monday for lunch? | -你周一午餐有什么打算? -没有 |
[35:04] | Nothing. | |
[35:05] | -Let’s get together then. -Sure. | -那我们一起吧 -好呀 |
[35:07] | In keeping with tradition, we’re gonna start with Litigation. | 依照传统 我们从诉讼部门开始 |
[35:10] | So please join me in giving a warm welcome to Eliza Carlisle. | 请大家跟我一起 热烈欢迎伊莱莎卡莱尔上台 |
[35:14] | [all applauding] | |
[35:17] | Well, I see everyone’s enjoying that open bar. | 我看到大家都很享受开放式酒吧 从那里拿东西不用负责任 |
[35:20] | -No liability there. -[all chuckle] | |
[35:22] | I know some folks like to get up here and expound on their awesome, | 我知道有些人 喜欢在台上阐述自己有多厉害 |
[35:26] | but in Litigation, we don’t need to gild the lily. | 但我们诉讼部不用多此一举 |
[35:28] | -Our billables are up 22%. Year over year. -[all applauding] | 我们的收费上升了22% 而且是逐年递增 |
[35:31] | Take that, Tax. | 接招吧 税务部 没错 这话是我说的 |
[35:33] | -[all chuckle] -That’s right. I said it. | |
[35:35] | And our success comes in large part because of our superstars. | 这份成功很大一部分 要归功于我们的超级明星 |
[35:40] | Carrie Cole, Sophia Feeley, and Remy Arnault, | 凯莉科尔、索菲娅费利 以及莱米阿诺 |
[35:44] | welcome to the partner ranks. | 欢迎成为合伙人 |
[35:46] | [all applauding] | |
[35:49] | I thought Rachel had the firm wired. | 律所不是很欣赏瑞秋的吗? |
[35:53] | She does. Excuse me. | 确实是 失陪一下 |
[35:55] | [Eliza] Well done. | 做得好 |
[35:57] | Congratulations to all three of you. | 恭喜三位 他们真是疯了 |
[35:59] | [door opens] | |
[36:02] | -[Rachel sighs] -[Ingrid] They’re out of their minds. | |
[36:06] | You deserved partner. | 你理应升上合伙人 |
[36:08] | They’re right. I didn’t do the work. | 他们的决定没错 我没尽心工作 |
[36:12] | You know that. | 你知道的 |
[36:14] | Or has fuckboy warped your sense of reality? | 还是说 那个风流浪子 扭曲了你的现实观? |
[36:17] | Yeah. I know about Murphy. Your sneak-game blows. | 对 我知道你跟墨菲的事 你的偷情戏码烂透了 |
[36:21] | Plus, I know you, Ingrid. | 而且我了解你 英格丽 |
[36:24] | Guess you can’t say the same. | 看来你没法对我说同样的话 |
[36:27] | I know you. | 我也了解你 |
[36:28] | Then you’d know I don’t give a shit about making partner. It’s your dream. | 那你就该知道我根本不在乎升合伙人 那是你的梦想 |
[36:32] | One you let get between you and your friends. | 为了它你不惜舍弃友情 |
[36:35] | At least I know what I want. | 至少我知道自己想要什么 |
[36:37] | At least I put myself out there and go after it. | 至少我全力以赴地去争取了 |
[36:39] | [Eliza] Next up, M&A! | 接下来 并购部! |
[36:41] | [all applauding] | |
[36:45] | I have to go. I’ll call you later. | 我得走了 我晚点再打给你 |
[36:48] | Don’t. | 别打了 |
[36:51] | [Marty] Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:54] | Year in and year out, | 年复一年 |
[36:56] | month to month, | 月复一月 |
[36:57] | every day, our M&A department remains the gold standard. | 每一天 我们并购部门 都保持着黄金标准 |
[37:02] | An 87% push-through rate. The highest in the nation. | 以87%的成功率 高居全国第一 |
[37:06] | When people think about M&A, they call me. | 只要有人想并购 就会给我打电话 |
[37:10] | We are killers, conquerors, unrivaled. | 我们是所向披靡的征服者 无人能敌 |
[37:14] | And to our newest partners, I say this: | 我想对我们的新晋合伙人说 |
[37:18] | Don’t fuck it up. | 别搞砸了 |
[37:20] | [all chuckle] | |
[37:22] | Congratulations to Dan Fallon, | 恭喜丹法伦 |
[37:27] | Hunter Reed, | 亨特里德 |
[37:30] | and Jeff Murphy. | 还有杰夫墨菲 |
[37:31] | [distorted ringing] | |
[37:32] | [all applauding] | |
[37:35] | [ringing intensifying] | |
[37:38] | [dramatic sting] | |
[37:40] | [all continue applauding] | |
[37:43] | [somber music playing] | |
[37:47] | Murphy, congrats. | 墨菲 恭喜你 |
[37:49] | [Dan] Well played, London. | 真有一手 伦敦小子 |
[37:52] | I gave them everything too. We’re a threat to them. | 我也为律所奉献了一切 但他们把我们视作威胁 |
[37:56] | There must be some kind of mistake. | 一定是哪里搞错了 |
[38:02] | -Marty– -This isn’t the news you were expecting, | 马蒂… 这不是你所期待的消息 |
[38:05] | and I am sorry about that, but now is not the time. | 我很抱歉 但现在不是讨论的时候 |
[38:07] | I was the lead on Sun Corp. I killed myself for that deal. | 太阳集团的案子是我主导的 我付出了全部心血 |
[38:10] | It would have fallen apart if not for me. | 没有我 那桩并购案早就完了 |
[38:12] | There’s more to making partner than doing your job. | 要升合伙人 不是做好本职工作就可以 |
[38:14] | That is the bare minimum. | 那只是最低要求 |
[38:15] | I did everything you asked. | 我全都按你的要求做了 |
[38:17] | You promised me partner if I chaired the Diversity Gala. | 你答应过的 只要我主持多元化晚宴 就让我升合伙人 |
[38:22] | That is not how I recall the conversation. | 我不记得我有那么说过 |
[38:27] | You were never gonna give it to me. | 你从来就没打算让我成为合伙人 |
[38:28] | There’s always next year. Work a little harder. | 指望来年吧 再努力一点 你还有希望 |
[38:30] | You could still get there. | |
[38:32] | “Work a little harder”? | “再努力一点”? |
[38:36] | -Ingrid– -Fuck you, Marty. | -英格丽… -去你的吧 马蒂 |
[38:38] | I quit. | 我不干了 |
[38:39] | [somber music continues] | |
[38:52] | [music fades out] | |
[38:56] | [floorboard squeaks] | |
[39:04] | [sighs] | |
[39:07] | [footsteps approaching] | |
[39:09] | [Justin] Rachel. | 瑞秋 |
[39:11] | Don’t you get it? I can’t be seen with you. | 你难道不明白吗? 不能让人看见我跟你在一起 |
[39:14] | There’s no one here to see. Everyone’s still upstairs getting wasted. | 这里又没人 大家都在楼上喝酒 |
[39:18] | I just wanted to say I’m sorry about the partner thing. | 我只是想来跟你说 合伙人的事 我很遗憾 |
[39:22] | I know you didn’t want it-want it, but, um, it’s gotta sting. | 我知道你并没有多渴望晋升 但这滋味仍然不好受 |
[39:26] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[39:29] | Thanks for that. | 拜你所赐 |
[39:31] | Meaning? | 什么意思? |
[39:33] | One email and suddenly I’m a laughingstock, not partner material. | 就因为一封邮件 我转眼成了笑柄 不是合伙人的料 |
[39:38] | You’re blaming me? | 你在怪我? |
[39:39] | I told you how women get punished. | 我告诉过你女人卷进这种事的下场 |
[39:42] | Maybe you can be an idiot in your life, but I don’t have a daddy cushion. | 你可以随心所欲地犯傻 但我没有老爸给我兜底 |
[39:45] | Okay. I get that you’re upset, but blaming me is not the answer. | 我知道你很难过 但怪罪我不是解决的办法 |
[39:48] | I don’t know. It’s sure making me feel better. | 我不知道 但这样能让我感觉好受一些 |
[39:54] | I’m so sick of how you always put me down. | 我受够了你总是一味地指责我 |
[39:57] | All I’ve done is support you. | 我一直在支持你 |
[39:59] | I don’t deserve to get shit on just because you’re in a bad mood. | 可你心情不好就拿我当出气筒 这样不公平 |
[40:05] | You know what? You don’t want to be seen with me? | 你不想让人看到跟我在一起? |
[40:08] | It’s no problem, all right? We’re done. | 没问题 好吧?我们结束了 |
[40:18] | [Ingrid] Taxi! | 出租车! |
[40:20] | Taxi! | 出租车! 英格丽 等等! |
[40:22] | -[sighs] -[Murphy] Ingrid, wait! | |
[40:25] | [Murphy exhales] | |
[40:26] | I’m so sorry. | 真的很抱歉 |
[40:27] | I had no idea. It’s… it’s… it’s unthinkable. | 我不知道怎么会这样 太难以置信了 成为合伙人的应该是你 |
[40:29] | You deserve to make partner. | |
[40:31] | Marty doesn’t think so. He thinks my work isn’t partner material. | 马蒂不这么认为 他认为我的工作表现不配当合伙人 |
[40:35] | But you got promoted. Is this because of Victoria? | 你升职了 是因为维多利亚吗? |
[40:37] | No, no. I told you. I’m taking a step away from her. | 不 我告诉过你的 我跟她划清界限了 |
[40:41] | It’s the only thing I can think of. | 我能想到的就只有这一个解释 |
[40:42] | Unless Tyler’s right, and the firm only cares about people who look like you. | 除非泰勒说得对 律所只在乎像你这样的白人 |
[40:46] | I don’t understand either, but you’ll make partner next year. | 我也想不明白 但你明年 一定能升合伙人的 你太出色了 |
[40:49] | You’re too good. | |
[40:50] | Yeah. There’s not gonna be a next year. | 是嘛 没有明年了 |
[40:53] | -I quit. -What? | -我辞职了 -什么? |
[40:55] | I’m done doing all the work and watching everyone else get rewarded for it. | 我受够了做着最多的活儿 却眼睁睁看着别人坐享成果 |
[40:58] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[40:59] | Listen. Let’s go somewhere. Let’s… let’s talk about this. | 我们换个地方 好好谈谈这件事吧 |
[41:02] | I can’t. I just… I’m happy for you, but… | 我做不到 我就是…我为你高兴 但是… |
[41:05] | I just… I can’t. | 我只是…我做不到 |
[41:07] | I… | |
[41:12] | I’ll call you. | 我再打给你 |
[41:19] | [“Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by Gaby Moreno playing] | |
[41:27] | ♪ Have yourself a merry little Christmas ♪ | |
[41:35] | ♪ Make the yuletide gay… ♪ | |
[41:42] | [door opens] | |
[41:43] | ♪ Next year all our troubles ♪ | |
[41:47] | ♪ Will be miles away ♪ | |
[41:58] | ♪ Once again, as in olden days ♪ | |
[42:04] | ♪ Happy golden days… ♪ | |
[42:07] | [Bobby] You’re gonna love it. Yeah. | 你一定会喜欢这里的 (恭喜 英格丽!你应得的! -莉娜) |
[42:09] | ♪ Of yore ♪ | |
[42:14] | ♪ Someday soon, we all will be together ♪ | |
[42:22] | ♪ If the fates allow ♪ | |
[42:30] | ♪ Until then We’ll have to muddle through ♪ | |
[42:36] | ♪ Somehow ♪ | |
[42:44] | ♪ So have yourself ♪ | |
[42:48] | ♪ A merry little Christmas ♪ | |
[42:54] | ♪ Now ♪ | |
[42:56] | [sighs] | |
[43:05] | [song fades out] | |
[43:11] | [“O Christmas Tree” by The Sugar Sisters playing] | |
[43:18] | ♪ O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree ♪ | |
[43:23] | ♪ Thy leaves are so unchanging ♪ | |
[43:27] | ♪ O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree ♪ | |
[43:31] | ♪ Thy leaves are so unchanging ♪ | |
[43:35] | ♪ Not only green when summer’s here ♪ | |
[43:39] | ♪ But also when ’tis cold and drear ♪ | |
[43:43] | ♪ O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree ♪ | |
[43:47] | ♪ Thy leaves are so unchanging ♪ | |
[43:51] | ♪ O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree ♪ | |
[43:55] | ♪ Much pleasure thou canst give me ♪ | |
[44:00] | ♪ O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree ♪ | |
[44:04] | ♪ Thy candles shine ♪ | |
[44:07] | ♪ So brightly ♪ | |
[44:12] | [“O Christmas Tree” fades out] |