时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:09] | My mom was picked up by ICE last night. | 我妈昨晚被移民局带走了 |
[00:11] | Did you tell Jessica? | 你告诉杰西卡了吗 |
[00:12] | I can’t be a problem to her. | 我不能成为她的麻烦 |
[00:13] | Yoli. This is your mom. | 优莉 这是你妈 |
[00:15] | All those people have the apartment force out of their homes. | 那么多人被迫离开自己的家 |
[00:18] | I was too guilty to tell them I was staying here. | 我感觉很内疚 告诉他们我住在这里 |
[00:21] | I wish I could go to the conference with you next week. | 我希望下周我可以跟你去参加会议 |
[00:23] | Wait, you’re not going. | 等等 你不去吗 |
[00:24] | Come with me. | 跟我去吧 |
[00:25] | People will wonder why I’m there. | 大家会疑惑我为什么在那 |
[00:26] | 最近通话 凯莉·艾伦 三通 | |
[00:27] | What’s going on, Nick. | 怎么了 尼克 |
[00:28] | Didn’t go with plan. | 出岔子了 |
[00:30] | He’s got you on tape, Nick! | 他录下了你的声音 尼克 |
[00:38] | I have to go get Ickaris for McGann. | 我得替麦甘拿下伊卡里斯的项目 |
[00:40] | She’s right. He has you. | 她说得对 你被他控制了 |
[00:42] | – You know I owe him. – If he can do this, | -你知道我欠他的 -如果他能这么做 |
[00:43] | it’s more than owing– what are you into, Bobby? | 那就不仅是欠他的 鲍比 你到底掺和了什么事 |
[00:45] | You killed Tommy Diehl for McGann, didn’t you? | 你替麦甘杀了汤米·迪尔 对吧 |
[00:48] | Running isn’t going to solve the problem. | 逃跑解决不了问题 |
[00:49] | Let me help you. | 让我帮你吧 |
[00:52] | I got conned by the immigration lawyer. | 我被移民律师骗了 |
[00:54] | What do you mean “conned”? | 什么叫被骗了 |
[00:56] | He just took my money, and he never showed. | 他就拿了我的钱 再没出现过 |
[00:57] | Either you tell Jessica, or I will. | 要不你告诉她 要不我说 |
[01:05] | When I was a waitress after college, | 在我大学毕业后当服务员时 |
[01:08] | I made sure to put a few dollars in a jar after every shift, | 每次下班后我都会在罐子里放几块钱 |
[01:12] | no matter how much I made. | 无论我赚了多少钱 |
[01:16] | It took me so many shifts to get that money. | 我上了好久班才赚到那笔钱 |
[01:18] | He just took it. | 他就这样拿走了 |
[01:25] | I’m so stupid. | 我好傻 |
[01:29] | It’s not your fault. | 这不是你的错 |
[01:32] | And I’ll make sure you get that money back. | 我会确保你拿回你那笔钱 |
[01:33] | It’s not even about the money. | 这和钱无关 |
[01:35] | I’m so mad at myself. | 我好气我自己 |
[01:37] | I was so wrapped up in my own life | 我太专注于自己的生活了 |
[01:39] | that I didn’t even remember she was going into ICE. | 我甚至都不记得她要去移民局了 |
[01:42] | And I always remember. | 我以前都记得的 |
[01:44] | She hugged me so tight, | 她紧紧地抱住我 |
[01:46] | and I didn’t even pick up on it. | 我却都没注意到 |
[01:48] | You couldn’t have done anything. | 你什么也做不了 |
[01:50] | She was going in anyway. | 无论如何她都要去 |
[01:51] | I could have told her that the climate’s different now. | 我本可以告诉她现在的风气不同了 |
[01:53] | I could have told her that they’re looking for reasons | 我本可以告诉她他们在找理由 |
[01:55] | to throw people out of this country. | 把人赶出这个国家 |
[01:56] | And I’m sure she knew that. | 我相信她知道的 |
[01:59] | Yoli… | 优莉 |
[02:00] | you knowing she was going in | 即使你知道她要去 |
[02:03] | would not have prevented her from being detained. | 也不无法阻止她被拘留 |
[02:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:07] | Am I that much of a monster that you couldn’t tell me? | 我难道是个怪物 害你什么都不能告诉我吗 |
[02:10] | No. | 不是 |
[02:11] | I’ve just been messing up so much since I got here, | 我自从来到这就一直添乱 |
[02:14] | and… | 而且 |
[02:17] | I didn’t– | 我不能 |
[02:18] | You didn’t want to be the source of any more drama. | 你不想成为更多闹剧的起源 |
[02:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[02:24] | And now look. | 现在看看我 |
[02:26] | First of all, you haven’t been messing up. | 首先 你没有添乱 |
[02:29] | You’ve been a godsend. | 你就是上天的恩赐 |
[02:31] | And second, this isn’t drama, Yoli. | 第二 优莉 这不是个闹剧 |
[02:33] | This is life. | 这是生活 |
[02:35] | And right now you need someone who’s on your side. | 而现在你需要有人站在你这边 |
[02:37] | I need someone to bring my mom home. | 我需要有人带我妈回家 |
[02:40] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[02:41] | I can’t make any promises, | 我不能做出承诺 |
[02:43] | but the first thing we’re gonna do | 但是我们要做的第一件事就是 |
[02:44] | is find you a real lawyer. | 给你找一个真正的律师 |
[02:58] | – Derrick Mayes. – Hey, Derrick. | -我是德里克·梅耶斯 -你好 德里克 |
[03:00] | It’s Stephanie Novak. | 我是斯特芬妮·诺瓦克 |
[03:01] | Mrs. Novak, how are you? | 诺瓦克夫人 近来如何 |
[03:02] | I’m well. Hey, how’s your mom? | 我很好 你的母亲还好吗 |
[03:04] | She’s still talking about that shepherd’s pie recipe you sent her. | 她还在谈论你寄给她的那个牧羊人派食谱 |
[03:08] | Well, give her my regards. | 代我问候她 |
[03:10] | Um, listen, Bobby left in such a hurry. | 听我说 鲍比急匆匆地走了 |
[03:14] | I was thinking, that speech on health care– | 我在想 医保那场演讲 |
[03:16] | it’s really important to him. | 对他来说真的很重要 |
[03:18] | Yeah, he actually wrote that one himself. | 是的 其实那篇是他自己写的 |
[03:20] | It was pretty good, I hate to say. | 不得不说 写的很不错 |
[03:21] | – He can write when he has to. – Yeah, don’t tell him that. | -他可以在必要时自己写 -你别告诉他 |
[03:24] | I don’t want to lose the little job security I have. | 我不想失去我这点工作保障 |
[03:26] | Don’t worry, you’re not going anywhere. | 不用担心 你哪也不会去 |
[03:28] | So is someone going to be | 所以有人会 |
[03:30] | giving the speech in Bobby’s place? | 代替鲍比做演讲吗 |
[03:32] | And please, God, don’t say Lloyd. | 拜托 老天 别说是劳埃德 |
[03:33] | I mean, he is the sweetest man, | 他是最可爱的男人 |
[03:35] | but he will have people sleeping | 但他会在第二段 |
[03:36] | by the second paragraph. | 就让人们都睡着 |
[03:39] | I’m not sure what the plan is on that, | 我不知道计划是什么 |
[03:41] | but I can check in with Keri, since she’s the one going. | 但我可以去问问凯莉 毕竟是她去 |
[03:46] | Keri’s going? | 凯莉要去吗 |
[03:48] | Uh, when was that decided? | 什么时候决定的 |
[03:50] | A few weeks ago, I think. I’m not really sure. | 我想是几周前 我也不确定 |
[03:55] | Are you there? | 你还在吗 |
[03:57] | Sorry. Yeah, I’m– I’m still here. | 对不起 我还在 |
[04:00] | – Should I have her call you? – No, that won’t be necessary. | -我要让她给你打个电话吗 -不用了 |
[04:03] | I’m sure that Miss Allen | 我相信一切都在 |
[04:05] | has everything under control. | 艾伦小姐的掌握之中 |
[04:10] | Thank you so much, Derrick. | 非常感谢 德里克 |
[04:11] | No problem. | 没事 |
[04:20] | Oh, Bobby. | 鲍比 |
[04:52] | – You Nick? – You got what I asked for? | -你是尼克吗 -你有我要的东西吗 |
[04:57] | Brand-new .38. | 全新的 38口径 |
[05:01] | You got the money? | 钱你带了吗 |
[05:06] | I was never here. | 我从没来过这 |
[05:30] | Whatever it is, save it. | 不管你想说什么 算了吧 |
[05:31] | I’m already late for the airport. | 我去机场已经晚了 |
[05:32] | – Bobby’s not going. – I know. | -鲍比不去 -我知道 |
[05:34] | You know? When’d you find out? | 你知道 你是什么时候知道的 |
[05:37] | Last night. | 昨晚 |
[05:38] | He’s, uh, going to Seattle to wrap up the Ickaris deal. | 他要去西雅图最终敲定伊卡里斯的那个项目 |
[05:42] | Yeah, that’s what he said to me, and I didn’t buy it then. | 他和我也是这么说的 但我没信 |
[05:44] | Where is the Wyatt brief? | 那个怀亚特的简报呢 |
[05:45] | Somebody has to file this while I’m gone. | 我不在时得有人去提交 |
[05:47] | Come on, Keri, the press is gonna ask | 拜托 凯莉 媒体会问 |
[05:49] | why he’s skipping the conference | 他为什么不去开会 |
[05:50] | to wrap up a deal he just said he wrapped up. | 而去敲定一个他说过已经敲定的项目 |
[05:52] | – I need something. – What do you want me to say? | -我需要点解释 -你想让我说什么 |
[05:54] | You were right? You were right. | 说你是对的 你是对的 |
[05:56] | What is that supposed to mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[05:57] | It means that the CEO | 意思就是首席执行官 |
[05:59] | thinks that Bobby stole all the glory, | 觉得鲍比抢走了所有的风头 |
[06:00] | and now he’s pissed because we went public without him, | 现在因为我们没有叫上他就宣布这事他很生气 |
[06:02] | so they’re trying to squeeze us on the details. | 于是他们就想在细节上敲我们一笔 |
[06:05] | Might say I told you so, but I guess you just did. | 本想说我早就告诉过你 但你已经说了 |
[06:08] | Gloat much? | 这么幸灾乐祸 |
[06:09] | By the way, I just spoke with Stephanie Novak. | 对了 我刚刚和斯特芬妮·诺瓦克通过话 |
[06:11] | She’s going with you. | 她会和你一起去 |
[06:13] | – Where? – Los Angeles. | -去哪 -洛杉矶 |
[06:15] | She said she’s feeling good, and she wants to go. | 她说她感觉挺好的 她想去 |
[06:18] | I thought you liked her. | 我以为你喜欢她呢 |
[06:19] | – I do. – Okay. Then… | -是啊 -那好吧 |
[06:22] | Yeah, great. Yeah, thanks for the heads-up. | 很好 谢谢你告诉我 |
[06:36] | Aha. I see you still have your New York number. | 我看到你还用你纽约的号码 |
[06:38] | Don’t get any ideas. | 不要瞎联想 |
[06:39] | I’m happy where I am. | 我在这挺高兴的 |
[06:40] | – Did you get my message? – Yeah, I did. | -你收到我的信息了吗 -收到了 |
[06:42] | It turns out my friend Ivan from Harvard | 结果我哈佛的朋友埃文 |
[06:44] | is the top immigration guy at Sidley. | 是西德尼律所移民方面的头牌 |
[06:46] | – And? – He won’t take it. | -然后呢 -他不愿意接 |
[06:48] | Well, maybe Sidley’s too big for this. | 也许西德尼对这个案子来说太大牌 |
[06:50] | Well, that’s the thing. | 问题就在这 |
[06:51] | He checked with three boutique firms, | 他问过三家小的专业律所 |
[06:53] | and they all say the same thing–it’s a loser. | 他们的说法都一样 这案子打不赢 |
[06:55] | They haven’t even met the woman. | 他们连那女的都没见过呢 |
[06:57] | He said they don’t have to. | 他说他们用不着见 |
[06:58] | Unless she’s seeking asylum or has some great story | 除非她申请政治庇护或者有特别动人的故事 |
[07:01] | to bring attention to the firm, | 能让律所得到关注 |
[07:03] | it’s just not worth their time, Jessica. | 这案子不值得他们花时间 杰西卡 |
[07:05] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[07:06] | I thought you were out of the pro bono business | 我以为自打你接受了市长那边的工作以后 |
[07:08] | since you took the job with the mayor. | 就不再做这类无偿法律援助的事了 |
[07:10] | I am. This is for my new assistant. | 确实是 这是为帮我的新助理 |
[07:13] | Her mother’s undocumented. | 她妈妈是非法移民 |
[07:14] | You’re a good woman, Jessica Pearson. | 你是个好人 杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[07:17] | I’m serious. | 我可是说真的呢 |
[07:18] | You always treated me like family no matter what I did. | 无论我做了什么 你都把我当家人那样对待 |
[07:21] | I just hope this young woman realizes | 我希望这位年轻的女士明白 |
[07:23] | how lucky she has it. | 她有多幸运 |
[07:24] | Right now she’s not very lucky at all. | 眼下她一点都不幸运 |
[07:26] | But thank you, Louis. | 还是谢谢你 路易 |
[07:29] | – You’re a good man. – I miss you. | -你是个好人 -我想念你 |
[07:31] | – I miss you, too. – You do? | -我也想念你 -真的 |
[07:33] | Can you just repeat that so I can record it | 你能重复一遍吗 我好把它录下来 |
[07:35] | – and play it back for Harvey? – Losing you. | -放给哈维听 -听不清你了 |
[07:37] | I said, can you just– can you just repeat it | 我说 你能重复一遍吗 |
[07:39] | so I can play it– Here, go ahead. | 我好把它放给… 好了 说吧 |
[07:40] | What–Jessica, what’d you say? | 什么 杰西卡 你说什么 |
[07:41] | Jessica, what’d you say? | 杰西卡 你说什么 |
[07:42] | “I said I miss you, Louis.” | “我说我想念你 路易” |
[07:45] | All right, thanks, Jess. | 好的 谢谢 杰西 |
[07:46] | Bye, Louis. | 再见 路易 |
[07:52] | Have you seen Keri? | 你看见凯莉了吗 |
[07:53] | It’s a legal question, and it’s time-sensitive. | 是个法律问题 还挺紧急的 |
[07:55] | She’s out. | 她出去了 |
[07:56] | – Is this about Yoli’s mother? – So you know. | -是优莉的妈妈的事吗 -你知道 |
[07:59] | I tried to convince her to tell you, | 我试图说服她去告诉你 |
[08:00] | but she kept saying that she got this, | 可她一直说她能搞定 |
[08:01] | even after that scumbag lawyer ripped her off. | 即便是那个混蛋律师骗了她的钱之后 |
[08:03] | Well, here’s your chance to help. | 你帮忙的机会来了 |
[08:05] | Give it to me. | 跟我说说吧 |
[08:06] | Find a way to get her story in the press. | 找机会把她的事讲给媒体听 |
[08:08] | Shit, that’s not exactly what I had– | 这和我想的不太… |
[08:10] | If it can happen to a Dreamer working at City Hall, | 如果这能发生在一位在市政厅工作的梦想者身上 |
[08:12] | it can happen to anyone. | 那谁都可能会碰上 |
[08:13] | Let’s see a judge try and deport her | 我们看看哪个法官敢在 |
[08:15] | while the whole city’s watching. | 全市人民的关注下驱逐她 |
[08:16] | I already went behind Bobby’s back once. | 我已经背着鲍比做过一次决定了 |
[08:17] | I can’t do that again. | 我不能再这样做了 |
[08:18] | No, I’ll take the heat from the mayor. | 不 市长那边的锅我来背 |
[08:19] | No, it’s not about me. | 不 这不是为了我自己 |
[08:21] | If it gets out that the mayor’s office | 如果市长办公室在移民案子上 |
[08:23] | is playing favorites in an immigration case, | 谋取私利的事传出去的话 |
[08:25] | my credibility, Bobby’s credibility– | 我的信誉 鲍比的信誉… |
[08:26] | it falls to zero. | 就全没了 |
[08:28] | Look, there’s nothing more I want to do than help Yoli, | 我真的特别想帮助优莉 |
[08:30] | but I can’t cross that line. | 但这条底线我不能破坏 |
[08:31] | I respect that, but you know I’m not going to stop trying. | 我尊重 但你明白我不会停止努力 |
[08:34] | – I wouldn’t want you to. – When does Keri get back? | -我也不希望如此 -凯莉什么时候回来 |
[08:36] | Wednesday. She’s going to LA with the First Lady. | 周三 她要和市长夫人去洛杉矶 |
[08:39] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[08:40] | Yeah, Ickaris is blowing up. | 嗯 伊卡里斯的事出岔子了 |
[08:41] | Bobby had to go to Seattle. He didn’t tell you? | 鲍比要去西雅图一趟 他没告诉你 |
[08:43] | No, this is the first I’m hearing of it. | 没 我这是第一次听说 |
[08:45] | Is everything okay with Keri and Mrs. Novak? | 凯莉和诺瓦克夫人没什么事吧 |
[08:47] | Of course it is. | 当然没事了 |
[08:48] | I just don’t like being kept out of the loop. | 我只是不喜欢被蒙在鼓里 |
[08:55] | Did you set up that lunch with the Chamber of Commerce? | 你安排好和商会的午餐了吗 |
[08:57] | Yeah, 12:30 at Brass Heart. Was that okay? | 是的 中午十二点半在铜心餐厅 没问题吧 |
[08:59] | I can switch it up if it’s too– | 我可以帮你换时间如果 |
[09:00] | Cancel it. We’re gonna see your mother. | 取消预订 我们去见你的母亲 |
[09:02] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[09:04] | – You want action, don’t you? – Hell, yeah. | -你渴望实际进展 不是吗 -太对了 |
[09:06] | Yes. I mean, um, thank you. | 是的 我是说 谢谢你 |
[09:09] | Are we gonna meet the lawyer there? | 我们会在那里跟律师见面吗 |
[09:10] | I’m your lawyer for now. | 我暂时担任你的律师 |
[09:11] | I thought you weren’t a lawyer anymore. | 我以为你已经不再是个律师了 |
[09:13] | I’m not, but all I have to do today | 没错 但是我今天要做的 |
[09:14] | is take your mother through the process | 只是带你母亲过一下整个流程 |
[09:16] | and let her know what to expect. | 让她知道未来会发生什么 |
[09:17] | So what about her hearing on Friday? | 那她周五的听证会怎么办 |
[09:19] | You can’t represent her there. | 你不能上庭代理她 |
[09:20] | I have some calls into a few clinics. | 我给几个法律援助所打了电话 |
[09:22] | “Clinics”? That’s your idea of a real lawyer? | “法律援助所” 你认为能在那找到好律师 |
[09:24] | – Nuh-uh. No, no, no. – Yoli. | -没门 不 这不行 -优莉 |
[09:26] | No, I’m going to make sure she at least gets | 不行 我会保证她至少能 |
[09:27] | a court-appointed defender of some kind. | 有一个法庭指派律师之类的 |
[09:29] | – Yoli. – I’m not asking you to do it. | -优莉 -我不是说要让你去找 |
[09:30] | I’m gonna find one myself. It’s going to be fine. | 我会自己帮她找一个 没问题的 |
[09:33] | Yoli, your mother’s not a citizen. | 优莉 你母亲不是美国公民 |
[09:36] | She’s not entitled to one. | 她没有资格请法庭指派律师 |
[09:39] | We’re gonna get through this. | 我们会解决这件事 |
[09:42] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[09:44] | I thought you didn’t make promises. | 我以为你不做承诺 |
[09:46] | I’m changing my policy. | 我改变我的准则了 |
[10:00] | Mrs. Novak. | 诺瓦克夫人 |
[10:02] | – So the rumors are true? – Sorry? | -传言果真不假 -什么 |
[10:05] | I heard you were also going to the conference. | 我听说你也会去这个会议 |
[10:07] | Oh, yeah. | 是的 |
[10:09] | Last chance for some color before winter. | 冬天前最后享受多彩生活的机会 |
[10:11] | Please, look at me. | 拜托 你看我这样 |
[10:12] | I will definitely be the palest person there. | 我绝对会是那里最苍白的人 |
[10:15] | – Here, let me help you. – No, no, no. | -来 让我帮你 -不 不用了 |
[10:16] | I got it. | 我能行 |
[10:24] | – Excuse me. – Sure. | -借过 -好的 |
[10:31] | I hope I’m not intruding. | 我希望我没有抢你的活 |
[10:33] | Bobby asked me to deliver his speech. | 鲍比让我代替他在会上发言 |
[10:36] | Oh, no, not at all. | 不 完全不会 |
[10:37] | I’m–Public speaking is not my thing, so I’m glad. | 我 我不太擅长公开演讲 很高兴能逃过一劫 |
[10:42] | I hope you’re not too bored, then. | 我希望你在那不会感到太无聊 |
[10:43] | No, I have a lot of business to attend to. | 不会 我还有别的很多事情可做 |
[10:45] | There’s actually a panel for City Attorneys. | 那正有个市检察官面谈会 |
[10:47] | Oh, good. I was worried that you were just coming along | 那太好了 我正担心你飞过去只是为了 |
[10:50] | to fill in for the mayor. | 补市长的空呢 |
[10:52] | Nope. Like I said, lots to do. | 不是 如我所言 我有很多别的事 |
[10:55] | Oh, good. | 那就好 |
[10:56] | Fasten your seat belts, please. | 请系好您的安全带 |
[10:58] | Oh, yeah, can I give you… | 好的 你能帮我放一下 |
[11:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:02] | You know, I was thinking about it on the way over here… | 我在来这的路上一直在想 |
[11:06] | what little time you and I have spent together. | 我跟你相处的时间真的太少了 |
[11:09] | I mean, you’ve been with my husband for how many years? | 你看 你为我丈夫做事有多少年了 |
[11:13] | Almost two. | 快两年了 |
[11:15] | This is long overdue, then. | 那我们早该聚聚了 |
[11:30] | 美国移民及海关执法局 受权监管 | |
[11:54] | Mami. | 妈妈 |
[12:08] | Yes, this is my boss, Jessica Pearson. | 是的 这是我的上司 杰西卡·皮尔逊 |
[12:10] | Hi. | 你好 |
[12:11] | You’re the famous Ms. Pearson. | 你就是久仰大名的皮尔逊女士 |
[12:15] | Thank you so much for taking care of my Yoli. | 非常感谢你能照顾我的女儿优莉 |
[12:18] | It’s your daughter who’s taking care of me. | 是你的女儿在照顾我 |
[12:20] | That’s very sweet. | 你这样说真是太客气了 |
[12:26] | A-are you also a lawyer? | 你也是个律师吗 |
[12:28] | – Oh, she used to be. – It’s a long story. | -她曾经是 -说来话长 |
[12:31] | But the bottom line is, is that I’ll be able | 但重要的是 我可以 |
[12:32] | to petition the court on your behalf. | 代替你向法庭提出动议 |
[12:34] | You’ll have an actual attorney for your hearing. | 会有真正的律师代表你出庭听证会 |
[12:36] | Yes, you’re going to have an excellent lawyer, | 是的 你会得到一个一流的律师 |
[12:38] | so don’t worry. | 所以别担心 |
[12:40] | – I am so nervous. – Don’t be. | -我很紧张 -别紧张 |
[12:43] | It’s just a bond hearing. | 那只是个保释听证 |
[12:44] | The hearing to fight deportation is in a few weeks, | 驱逐出境的听证会几周后才举行 |
[12:47] | and all you’ll have to do there is be completely honest. | 而你在庭上要做的就是说实话 |
[12:53] | Mami… | 妈妈 |
[12:56] | My mother immigrated from Cuba | 我母亲还是青少年的时候 |
[12:57] | when she was a teenager. | 从古巴移民过来了 |
[12:59] | I’m the daughter of an immigrant. | 我是一个移民的女儿 |
[13:02] | So you know. | 那你一定明白 |
[13:04] | When we had Yoni, we wanted to give her the best life | 当我们生了优莉后 我们想要给她最好的生活 |
[13:07] | and the best education. | 最好的教育 |
[13:09] | When she was two, we had put together enough money | 当她满两岁的时候 我们存够了 |
[13:12] | to get across the border. | 用以偷渡的钱 |
[13:13] | This is our home now. | 这里已经是我们的家了 |
[13:16] | I don’t want to go back. | 我不想被遣返 |
[13:17] | And I don’t want you to, Mrs. Castillo. | 我也不希望你被遣返 卡斯蒂略夫人 |
[13:19] | But these people– they already have you. | 但这些人 他们已经抓到你了 |
[13:22] | And now they’re looking for any reason | 而他们现在正在寻找一切理由 |
[13:24] | to send you back. | 来将你遣返 |
[13:27] | – I don’t understand. – If you’ve done anything | -我不明白 -如果你在留美期间 |
[13:30] | since being in this country, | 做过任何事情 |
[13:32] | if you’ve done anything at all that you haven’t told me… | 如果你做了任何 你没有告诉我的事情 |
[13:40] | Ms. Pearson just wants to make sure | 皮尔逊女士只是想确保 |
[13:41] | that nothing goes wrong. | 不会出什么差错 |
[13:43] | I didn’t mean to offend you. | 我不是想冒犯你 |
[13:45] | I just want to make sure that you’re prepared. | 我只是想确保你已经准备好了 |
[13:47] | Hang in there. | 坚持住 |
[13:49] | We’re gonna get you out of here. | 我们会把你弄出去的 |
[13:56] | I don’t get you, Ms. Pearson. | 我不明白 皮尔逊女士 |
[13:58] | One minute you say you want to help my family, | 前一秒你说想要帮助我的家人 |
[14:00] | the next you’re interrogating my mother like she’s a criminal. | 下一秒你把我母亲当作罪犯审问 |
[14:02] | I didn’t say she was a criminal. | 我没有说她是罪犯 |
[14:03] | – Well, it sounded like that. – No. | -但听来很像 -没有 |
[14:05] | But I do think she’s withholding something. | 但我认为她在隐瞒什么 |
[14:07] | See? Oh, my God. | 你看 我的天哪 |
[14:10] | I know it hurts to hear. | 我知道这听起来很难受 |
[14:11] | Yeah, I don’t want to hear it. | 没错 我不想听你这么说 |
[14:13] | Yoli, when you keep secrets long enough, | 优莉 当你隐瞒秘密足够长的时间后 |
[14:15] | you begin to sense when other people are doing the same. | 你就能在别人做同样事的时候感觉到 |
[14:17] | Yeah, well, check your spidey senses | 好吧 那检查一下你的第六感吧 |
[14:18] | ’cause you’re way off base. | 因为你错得太离谱了 |
[14:20] | – Yoli. – Way, way off base. | -优莉 -太 太离谱了 |
[14:21] | And if I’m not? The sooner we know– | 要是我没错呢 我们越早知道 |
[14:24] | My mother doesn’t lie, Ms. Pearson. | 我母亲不会撒谎 皮尔逊女士 |
[14:27] | When you clean other people’s houses for 20 years, | 当你为别人打扫二十年的房子 |
[14:29] | when you’re around their children, | 当你一直在他们的孩子身边 |
[14:30] | when you’re around their jewelry, | 当你在他们的首饰周围 |
[14:31] | when you’re around their money, | 当你在他们的钱周围 |
[14:32] | you don’t work if you’re a dishonest person. | 你要不是诚实 没有人雇你工作 |
[14:36] | My mother doesn’t lie. | 我母亲不会说谎 |
[14:46] | Angela. Is that room almost ready? | 安吉拉 那个房间收拾好了吗 |
[14:49] | We’re getting backed up in the ER. | 急诊室已经人满为患了 |
[14:50] | – I just finished. – Okay, Mrs. Smith up on 7th | -我刚收拾好 -好 七楼的史密斯夫人 |
[14:52] | needs to be bathed, and then– | 需要洗澡 然后 |
[14:54] | Actually, I was wondering if I could take off early? | 其实 我想今天能不能提前下班 |
[14:56] | Early? You’re signed up for a double, | 提前 你提交的是两班倒 |
[14:58] | and you already missed part of last night. | 而且你昨晚还错过了一些 |
[15:00] | I know, but I got someone to cover me. | 我知道 但我已经找好别人来替我了 |
[15:02] | – Who? – Roxanne. | -谁 -罗克珊 |
[15:05] | – Roxanne, who… – I can find someone else. | -罗克珊 她 -我还可以找其他人 |
[15:09] | It’s okay. If you have to go, go. | 没事 要是你真要走的话 走吧 |
[15:11] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[15:13] | Angela, you’re one of my best CNAs. | 安吉拉 你是我最好的护士助理之一 |
[15:16] | That’s why I recommended you for the nursing program. | 所以我才推荐你去参加护士学习项目 |
[15:18] | But this isn’t a fast-food place | 但这不是快餐店 |
[15:20] | where just anyone can fill in. | 每个人都可以来顶替 |
[15:21] | If you can’t make this job a priority, | 要是你不能把工作放在首位 |
[15:23] | then maybe nursing isn’t right for you. | 或许你不应该做护士 |
[15:24] | No, it is a priority. | 不 这是我的首位 |
[15:26] | Actions– that’s all I’m saying. | 用行动证明 我只想看到这个 |
[15:39] | – Hey, Mo. – What’s up, Miss Angela? | -莫 -有什么事吗 安吉拉小姐 |
[15:42] | I hate to ask, but… | 我也不想问 但 |
[15:45] | how you doing on leftovers? | 你们还有剩菜吗 |
[15:46] | Ah, damn. | 该死 |
[15:48] | Don’t tell me things are that bad with your family. | 别告诉我你家情况这么糟糕 |
[15:49] | – No, we’re good. – You don’t have to pretend. | -不 我们还好 -你不需要假装 |
[15:52] | I heard they tore down your project. | 我听说他们把你的房子拆掉了 |
[15:53] | Yeah, now there’s a whole encampment set up– | 对 现在搭了一个营地 |
[15:56] | parents, I mean, kids, elders. | 大人 还有孩子 老人 |
[15:59] | – But you’re okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -还行 |
[16:01] | I’m staying with a family friend. | 我和一个世交住在一起 |
[16:02] | Well, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[16:03] | You don’t need your kids on the street like that. | 你也不想孩子像那样住在大街上 |
[16:05] | I wish I could do something, you know? | 我希望可以做些什么 你知道吗 |
[16:06] | But I don’t know what. | 但我不知该做什么 |
[16:10] | Anyway, if you got any food you could spare– | 总之 要是你还有一点食物留给我 |
[16:12] | Hell, yeah, I could spare some. | 当然 我可以留点给你 |
[16:13] | Hey, look, you come back tomorrow and the next day and the next | 听着 你可以明天再来 以后也是 |
[16:17] | until folks are back on their feet. | 直到大家重建家园 |
[16:18] | – Okay? – Mo, thank you so much. | -好吗 -莫 真是感激不尽 |
[16:21] | All right, don’t go crying on me, now. | 好了 别在我面前哭 |
[16:23] | Make my food all salty. | 把我的食物都变咸了 |
[16:26] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[16:37] | – You still want to help Yoli? – You know I do. | -你还想帮优莉吗 -你知道我想 |
[16:40] | Then I need you to find out what her mother’s hiding. | 那我需要你帮忙弄清楚她母亲在隐瞒什么 |
[16:43] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[16:44] | I got a good bullshit detector, Derrick, | 我有一个很好的探谎器 德里克 |
[16:46] | in English and in Spanish, | 不论英文还是西班牙文 |
[16:48] | and I know she’s keeping something. | 我知道她在隐瞒什么 |
[16:50] | And if it comes out in her bond hearing, it’s game over. | 要是在保释听证被爆出来 一切都结束了 |
[16:52] | If she won’t talk to you, why would she talk to me? | 要是她不告诉你 又怎么可能跟我说呢 |
[16:54] | She wouldn’t… but Yoli might. | 她不会 但优莉可能会 |
[16:57] | You just said her mother’s the one lying. | 你刚不是说她母亲在撒谎吗 |
[16:59] | I said she was hiding something. | 我说的是她在隐瞒什么 |
[17:01] | I didn’t say Yoli wasn’t aware of it. | 我并没有说优莉不知道这件事 |
[17:03] | Shit, why are you always asking me to cross the line? | 妈的 为什么你总让我越过底线 |
[17:05] | She trusts you, Derrick. | 她信任你 德里克 |
[17:08] | It’s the reason why she came to you and not me. | 这也是为什么她向你求助 而不是向我 |
[17:12] | Yeah, and you’re asking me to betray that trust. | 对 你又让我去背叛这份信任 |
[17:14] | I’m asking you to put your reporter hat back on | 我只是让你重操旧业 |
[17:18] | and get me something, because if you don’t, | 给我点消息 因为你不照做的话 |
[17:21] | Yoli’s clinic lawyer is gonna get rolled in court | 优莉的律师会在法庭上被坑 |
[17:23] | and her mother’s gonna be deported. | 她母亲也会被驱逐 |
[17:25] | And I know you don’t want that. | 我知道你也不想这样 |
[17:29] | Way to guilt me out. | 你可真会让我内疚 |
[17:31] | Hmm. It’s the greatest motivator in the world. | 这是世上最有用的激励因素 |
[17:53] | Do you know any of these people? | 你认识这些人吗 |
[17:56] | I know him. | 我认识他 |
[17:59] | Not the Novak I expected, | 不是我想的那个诺瓦克 |
[18:01] | but definitely the one I prefer. | 但绝对是我更喜欢的 |
[18:06] | Where is the other half to your better one? | 你的另一半呢 |
[18:07] | Ugh, well, it was either cover for him here, | 要么在这里顶替他 |
[18:11] | do a little public speaking, | 做一点公共演讲 |
[18:13] | or cover for him there and keep the city afloat. | 要么就在那里顶替他 让城市运转 |
[18:15] | You know, mock trials only prepare you for one of those. | 模拟庭审只让你准备其中一种情况 |
[18:18] | Yeah, that’s right. You eviscerated me back in 1-L. | 没错 你在法学院一年级时狠狠打败了我 |
[18:21] | Well, how are you? I mean, you look great. | 你最近如何 你看起来不错 |
[18:23] | Ah, thanks. I’m good. | 谢谢 我很好 |
[18:25] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:26] | Um, Mayor Mark Taylor, this is Keri Allen– | 这位是市长马克·泰勒 这位是凯莉·艾伦 |
[18:29] | – Bobby’s right-hand girl. – Ah, pleasure. | -鲍比的得力助手 -幸会 |
[18:31] | We prefer the term City Attorney. | 我们更喜欢被称为市检察官 |
[18:33] | – City Attorney? – Yes. | -市检察官 -没错 |
[18:34] | Yeah, you must have your hands full | 有鲍比在 你一定忙得 |
[18:36] | with Bobby over there. | 不可开交吧 |
[18:37] | Intense mother. | 操心的母亲 |
[18:39] | – He keeping you busy? – It’s a big city. | -他一直让你很忙碌吧 -毕竟城市很大 |
[18:45] | Speaking of, I hear you are announcing | 说起来 我听说你要宣布 |
[18:47] | Chicago’s take on that health care initiative | 芝加哥的医保改革 |
[18:49] | that gave Palo Alto such a headache. | 而这让帕洛阿尔托很头疼 |
[18:51] | Yeah, well, come on, you know Bobby’s | 没错 你知道鲍比 |
[18:52] | no stranger to headaches and neither am I. | 早就习惯了头疼 我也一样 |
[18:54] | Plus, this one we are really passionate about. | 另外 这是我们真正拥护的项目 |
[18:56] | Yeah, I can see that. | 我能看出来 |
[18:57] | It’s not another all-talk-no-action move. | 这不是一项纸上谈兵的行动 |
[19:00] | We think this one might actually do some real good. | 我们认为这能带来真正的好处 |
[19:03] | Listen, I’m with you. We tried, too. | 听着 我支持你们 我们也试过了 |
[19:05] | We couldn’t get around all the legal crap | 我们无法解决让其他城市也翻船的 |
[19:07] | that sunk the others. | 那些法律问题 |
[19:09] | I’m curious– what was your brilliant solve? | 我很好奇 你们的完美解决方案是什么 |
[19:11] | – Well, we started– – It wasn’t rocket science. | -我们开始 -这并不复杂 |
[19:12] | Actually, we just established that it was not only | 实际上 我们刚规定了不仅 |
[19:14] | constitutional in the language of the measure, | 评判标准的术语合乎宪法 |
[19:16] | but we built in fines for violators to fund city enforcement. | 而且违规者需交罚款 罚金用来资助城市执法 |
[19:21] | Well, I see why Bobby appointed her. | 我明白鲍比指派她的原因了 |
[19:23] | Anyone want a drink? | 谁想来杯酒吗 |
[19:25] | – I’m fine. – I could use another. | -我不喝了 -我可以再来一杯 |
[19:26] | Ah, wait till tomorrow. It only gets worse. | 等到明天 情况只会变得更差 |
[19:31] | After you. | 女士优先 |
[19:32] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 |
[19:50] | Keri? | 凯莉 |
[19:58] | So handy. | 你真是得心应手 |
[20:00] | I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to abandon you down there. | 抱歉 我不是故意把你丢在那 |
[20:02] | Oh, you didn’t. I wanted to come back | 不是你 是我自己想回来 |
[20:03] | and go over the speech, especially since you added | 温习一下演讲 尤其当你附加了 |
[20:05] | that part about San Jose. | 有关圣荷西的部分之后 |
[20:07] | Yeah, I hope that’s all right. | 对 希望没关系 |
[20:10] | I agree with Mark. | 我赞同马克的观点 |
[20:12] | I see why Bobby hired you, but since you did, | 我明白鲍比雇你的原因了 但既然如此 |
[20:14] | do you mind helping me make some changes? | 你介意帮我改改吗 |
[20:18] | It’s his speech. I– | 这是他的演讲 我 |
[20:19] | Well, now it’s mine, and I’d like to make some changes. | 现在是我的演讲了 而我想修改一下 |
[20:23] | All right, do you mind if I grab my wine? | 好吧 你介意我去拿杯葡萄酒吗 |
[20:25] | No, not at all. | 不 完全不介意 |
[20:29] | Would you like a glass? | 你想来一杯吗 |
[20:33] | – Hmm? – Of Chardonnay. | -什么 -一杯霞多丽 |
[20:34] | There’s a bottle in the room. | 屋里有一瓶 |
[20:36] | No, I’m fine. Thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[20:41] | Do you not drink at all? | 你平时不喝酒吗 |
[20:48] | I have MS. | 我有多发性硬化 |
[20:50] | But you know that, right? | 但你早就知道 对吧 |
[20:53] | Because it’s hard to work for someone for– | 毕竟很难为一个人工作 |
[20:55] | what was it that you said– two years? | 你说几年来着 两年 |
[20:57] | And not know everything about them, right? | 而完全不了解他们 对吧 |
[21:04] | Okay, so much for the speech. | 别扯演讲的事了 |
[21:07] | This is why you came. | 这才是你来的理由 |
[21:08] | Give me a little more credit than that. | 别把我想的那么没水平 |
[21:11] | As the mayor’s wife, I have certain responsibilities, | 作为市长妻子 我必然有责任 |
[21:14] | and this is one of them. | 而这只是责任之一 |
[21:18] | Can I ask how long you’ve known? | 我能问一下你知道多久了吗 |
[21:20] | You don’t get to ask me anything. | 你没资格问我任何事情 |
[21:22] | Okay, I’m gonna go back to my room. | 好吧 那我回屋了 |
[21:24] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[21:26] | I’m not doing this with you, Mrs. Novak. | 我不会跟你争吵 诺瓦克太太 |
[21:28] | Please, stop calling me Mrs. Novak, all right? | 拜托别叫我诺瓦克太太 好吗 |
[21:30] | It just adds to the perversity of our situation. | 这只会恶化我们的处境 |
[21:35] | I’m sorry. I never wanted to hurt you. | 我很抱歉 我从未想过伤害你 |
[21:38] | I’m not looking for your pity. | 我没求你同情我 |
[21:40] | I’m not giving you pity. It happened, and I’m sorry. | 我没同情你 事情就那么发生了 我很抱歉 |
[21:43] | And I don’t– I don’t know what else to say. | 我不知道 不知道还能说什么了 |
[21:45] | You are a beautiful, accomplished woman | 你是个漂亮又有才的女人 |
[21:48] | who has been with my husband for five years. | 还跟我丈夫在一起五年 |
[21:53] | Not two… | 不是两年 |
[21:55] | five. | 而是五年 |
[21:56] | And in all that time, | 这么久以来 |
[21:58] | you have just let yourself sit around and wait for scraps. | 你只让自己无所事事 然后吃残羹剩饭 |
[22:03] | You must think pretty little of yourself to put up with that. | 能忍到这地步 你一定很看低自己 |
[22:21] | You found the one quiet spot on the whole floor. | 你找到了整层楼唯一安静的地方 |
[22:27] | What you working on? | 你在忙什么呢 |
[22:29] | Well, the best way to bring my mother home | 带我妈妈回家的最佳方式 |
[22:33] | is to show the judge that she has roots in her community. | 是向法官证明她与社区里有深厚联系 |
[22:38] | So I am going to tell my story. | 因此我打算讲述我的故事 |
[22:42] | Daca. | 达卡 |
[22:44] | – Mm-hmm. – That’s brave of you. | -没错 -你真勇敢 |
[22:47] | Yeah, well, she’s the one that’s locked up. | 是啊 她才是被关进监狱的人 |
[22:50] | I just need to get up there and not make a fool out of myself. | 我只需要达到目的且不出丑就行 |
[22:53] | Well, you know I do help write speeches for a living. | 你知道 我以写稿件谋生 |
[22:56] | Okay, flack. Listen, I’m good. | 行了 宣传委员 听着 我很好 |
[22:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:00] | Well, you need to do a little more | 你需要更努力些 |
[23:01] | than not make a fool out of yourself. | 而不仅是不让自己出丑 |
[23:03] | If you’re gonna go the whole DACA route, | 如果你要说自己是达卡这事的话 |
[23:05] | you need to be 100% accurate. | 你得百分之百准确才行 |
[23:10] | – Why wouldn’t I be? – No, I’m just saying. | -我怎么会不准确呢 -不是 我就提醒一下 |
[23:12] | I mean, look what they did to your mother. | 瞧瞧他们是怎么对你妈妈的 |
[23:13] | She followed all the rules, and they still locked her up. | 她循规蹈矩 还是被关起来了 |
[23:17] | Just remember, when you’re reading that in court, | 记住 你在法庭上念的那些 |
[23:18] | you’re under oath. | 是宣誓过的 |
[23:20] | I can’t believe this. | 真不敢相信 |
[23:22] | She put you up to this, didn’t she? | 她让你来的 是不是 |
[23:24] | What? What are you ta– | 什么 你说什 |
[23:25] | No, no, no, don’t lie to me. You can’t come here | 不 别对我说谎 你不能到这里来 |
[23:28] | accusing me and my family of lying by lying to my face. | 当我的面撒谎 还指控我和我的家人说谎 |
[23:31] | She’s just trying to help you. | 她只是想帮你 |
[23:34] | We both are. | 我们都想帮你 |
[23:36] | My mom didn’t do anything wrong. | 我妈妈没犯过错 |
[23:37] | Yoli, come on. Is it possible you don’t know? | 优莉 拜托 有没有可能你不知道而已 |
[23:41] | No, okay? | 没有 行吗 |
[23:43] | Because my mom’s my best friend. | 我妈妈是我最好的朋友 |
[23:45] | And if she were hiding something, | 如果她有什么秘密 |
[23:46] | I would be the first one to know. | 我肯定第一个知道 |
[24:01] | I’m assuming you’re with the Mayors’ Conference. | 我猜你是来参加市长会议的 |
[24:07] | I’ll take that as a “get away from me creep.” | 我理解你的意思是”变态快走开” |
[24:10] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[24:12] | That was mean. I’m Keri. | 这样说太过了 我叫凯莉 |
[24:14] | Josh. Comms Director, Denver. | 乔什 丹佛市通信主管 |
[24:17] | City Attorney, Chicago. | 芝加哥市检察官 |
[24:19] | Well, now that we’ve shown each other our résumés, | 既然我们已经彼此亮过简历了 |
[24:20] | we could move on to SAT scores if you want. | 如果你愿意 我们可以开始谈高考成绩了 |
[24:24] | Or you could go back to | 或者可以回到 |
[24:24] | your “stay the fuck away from me” creep vibe. | 刚才那”离我远点”的气氛 |
[24:27] | I’m sorry, I’m sorry. | 不好意思 不好意思 |
[24:30] | I’m not usually this much of a bitch. | 我通常没这么讨人嫌 |
[24:31] | Oh, sure you are. | 你当然是 |
[24:34] | Look, it’s fine. | 没关系 |
[24:36] | I’m sure you get hit on all the time. | 我肯定你经常被搭讪 |
[24:37] | I’m sure it gets pretty tiring. | 肯定很累人 |
[24:39] | It’s just, you know, for me, um… | 只是 对我来说 |
[24:41] | I don’t do the online thing, I see you’re not married, | 我不网恋 我看到你没戴婚戒 |
[24:44] | and I don’t dare get involved with any of the women I work with, | 我也不敢跟共事的女性同事约会 |
[24:45] | not these days, anyway. | 至少现在不敢 |
[24:47] | Yeah, it’s definitely not a good idea. | 是啊 那不是个好主意 |
[24:49] | So, when you meet someone who’s obviously like-minded, | 所以 当遇到一个志趣相投 |
[24:51] | obviously smart, | 冰雪聪明 |
[24:53] | and obviously hot… | 美艳迷人的姑娘 |
[24:58] | You get where I’m going. | 你知道我要说什么 |
[25:03] | What was your name again? | 你叫什么来着 |
[25:05] | It’s Josh. | 乔什 |
[25:08] | Josh… | 乔什 |
[25:11] | Comms Director, Denver. | 丹佛市通信主管 |
[25:14] | Josh. | 乔什 |
[25:22] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[25:31] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[25:33] | It’s late. | 现在很迟了 |
[25:34] | I’m gonna close the door, and I’m going to bed. | 我要锁门 上床睡觉了 |
[25:35] | No, you asked me. I want to ask you. | 不要 你问过我 我也想问问你 |
[25:37] | What’s wrong with you? | 你怎么回事 |
[25:38] | Okay, I think you’ve probably had too much to drink. | 好吧 我看你是喝多了 |
[25:41] | You don’t want to say something that you’re going to regret. | 你不要乱说 以免后悔 |
[25:43] | – I love your husband. – Oh, God. | -我爱你丈夫 -我的天 |
[25:45] | That’s why I put up with the scraps. | 所以我忍着这些破事 |
[25:46] | – Okay. – That’s why. | -好吧 -就是这样 |
[25:48] | What’s your excuse? You’ve known for five years. | 你的解释呢 你已经知道五年了 |
[25:52] | You don’t get much more than I do, | 你得到的不比我多 |
[25:53] | I mean, what happened to the woman that I met downstairs, | 我在楼下看到的那个完美 礼貌 |
[25:56] | that perfect political wife, greeting and gliding? | 得心应手的政客妻子去哪了 |
[25:59] | What happened to her? Where did she go? | 她怎么了 她去哪了 |
[26:01] | She got sick. | 她病了 |
[26:04] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[26:05] | You knew long before you got sick, and you did nothing. | 早在你生病前你就知道了 你却什么也不做 |
[26:08] | You didn’t say a word. You just stayed. | 你一个字都不说 也不离开 |
[26:10] | And you still stay. | 你还会继续留下来 |
[26:11] | So where’s your self-esteem, Mrs. Novak? | 你的自尊呢 诺瓦克夫人 |
[26:30] | Ms. Pearson. Jessica. | 皮尔逊女士 杰西卡 |
[26:33] | Oh, so now it’s Jessica? | 现在又叫杰西卡了 |
[26:35] | Well, since I broke the case open, | 既然我挑起了这个担子 |
[26:36] | I figure I could take some liberties. | 我想我可以稍微自由发挥下 |
[26:38] | That depends on what you got. | 那取决你找到什么了 |
[26:39] | I believe Yoli when she says her mom isn’t hiding anything. | 我相信优莉说她妈妈没隐瞒任何事 |
[26:43] | Those two are close, but it got me to thinking. | 她们很亲 但我开始思考 |
[26:45] | What if what her mom is hiding | 如果她妈妈隐瞒的事 |
[26:46] | happened before they even got into this country? | 是发生在她们来美国之前呢 |
[26:48] | I got some dates from Yoli’s job application, | 我从优莉的求职申请中找到一些日期信息 |
[26:50] | and then I pulled this article from the Reuter’s archive. | 然后我在路透社的档案中找到这篇文章 |
[26:56] | Look like anyone you know? | 这人你认识吗 |
[27:06] | Stephanie? | 斯特芬妮 |
[27:10] | It’s close to 11:00. | 快十一点了 |
[27:11] | They’re asking where you are downstairs. | 楼下在问你去哪了 |
[27:15] | Is everything all right? | 你还好吗 |
[27:23] | I can’t do the speech, Keri. | 我没办法演讲了 凯莉 |
[27:26] | You don’t look very well. | 你看起来不大好 |
[27:28] | Um, can I get you some water? | 我给你倒点水吧 |
[27:31] | I’m gonna get you some water. | 我给你倒点水 |
[27:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:46] | I’m sorry about last night, and I’m really sorry | 昨晚的事很抱歉 我真的很抱歉 |
[27:48] | if what I said had anything to do with this. | 如果是我说的话让你憔悴 |
[27:54] | This just happens sometimes, all right? | 我有时候就会这样 |
[27:56] | It’s just part of the deal. | 这个病就是这样 |
[27:59] | – Is there anything I can do? – Yes. | -我能做点什么吗 -可以 |
[28:02] | Don’t tell anybody. | 别告诉别人 |
[28:06] | Why are you keeping this to yourself? | 你为什么要自己承担这些 |
[28:09] | Because Bobby asked me to. | 因为鲍比让我这样做 |
[28:14] | I thought you were the one that wanted it this way. | 我还以为是你想保密 |
[28:16] | No, Bobby thinks that if we went public, | 不是 鲍比觉得我们要是公开了 |
[28:18] | people would think that he couldn’t possibly focus on his job. | 人们就会认为他无法专注他的工作 |
[28:23] | That’s ridiculous. | 无稽之谈 |
[28:26] | You shouldn’t have to bear the burden | 你不应该承担这个重担 |
[28:27] | of keeping this to yourself– that’s not fair to you. | 自己默默承受 这对你不公平 |
[28:34] | It doesn’t matter. | 这不重要 |
[28:36] | Okay? He asked me, I promised, | 好吗 他让我保密 我答应了 |
[28:39] | it’s my job, and it is none of your business. | 这是我的工作 不关你的事 |
[28:44] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[28:50] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[28:54] | I’m sitting with you until you feel better. | 陪在你身边直到你感觉好点 |
[28:56] | Okay, well, it could be a while, all right? | 好吧 这可能得好一会儿 好吗 |
[28:58] | I might feel like this all day, so… | 我可能一整天都会这么难受 |
[29:01] | Then I will wait all day if I have to. | 如果有必要 我等一整天 |
[29:06] | You’re making that speech. | 你得发表那个演讲 |
[29:11] | You really hate public speaking that much? | 你真的这么讨厌公开演讲吗 |
[29:15] | Drink your water. | 喝你的水 |
[29:17] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[29:22] | – Angela. – Did you get my message? | -安吉拉 -你看到我的留言了吗 |
[29:24] | No, I didn’t. I’ve been wrapped up in something. | 不 我没有 我被别的事缠住了 |
[29:26] | I was at North Park last night. | 我昨晚在北方公园 |
[29:28] | There’s at least 100 people living in tents. | 至少有一百来人住在帐篷里 |
[29:30] | – I didn’t know. – Yeah, no one knows. | -我不知道 -是啊 没人知道 |
[29:32] | – That’s the problem. – I’m so sorry. | -问题就在这 -我很抱歉 |
[29:34] | Can I call you back later? | 我能不能晚点打回给你 |
[29:36] | I’m trying to keep my assistant’s mother from being deported. | 我正试图阻止我助理的母亲被驱逐出境 |
[29:38] | So you have time for your assistant | 所以你有时间帮你的助理 |
[29:40] | but not your own family? | 却没时间帮自己家人 |
[29:41] | Of course I have time for my family. | 我当然有时间帮自己家人 |
[29:43] | It’s why I’m letting you stay with me. | 所以我才允许你们和我住在一起 |
[29:44] | – “Letting”? – That’s not what I– | -允许 -我不是这个意思 |
[29:46] | You know what? It’s okay. I got it. | 你知道吗 没关系 我知道了 |
[29:48] | Angela. | 安吉拉 |
[29:51] | Angela? | 安吉拉 |
[29:56] | – Everything okay? – Yeah, it’s nothing. | -一切还好吗 -是的 没事 |
[30:00] | You forgot I know Steph. | 你忘了我很了解斯蒂芙 |
[30:02] | She’s never late for anything. | 她从来不会迟到 |
[30:06] | You promise you’ll keep it to yourself? | 你保证不会告诉别人吗 |
[30:12] | Wardrobe malfunction. | 衣服问题 |
[30:15] | I kid you not. | 我不骗你 |
[30:19] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[30:21] | I’d now like to introduce | 我现在将为您介绍 |
[30:22] | the First Lady of Chicago, Stephanie Novak, | 芝加哥第一夫人 斯特芬妮·诺瓦克 |
[30:24] | to speak about her city’s health care initiative. | 来谈谈她城市的医保改革 |
[30:27] | Stephanie. | 有请斯特芬妮 |
[30:36] | Thank you. People ask me all the time | 谢谢 人们总是问我 |
[30:38] | why my husband and I are so | 我和我丈夫为什么 |
[30:41] | passionate about the issue of health care. | 对医疗保健问题如此热心 |
[30:44] | They ask me, is it personal? Is it political? | 他们问我 是个人原因还是政治原因 |
[30:48] | The answer is simple. | 答案非常简单 |
[30:51] | It is very personal. | 这是私人原因 |
[31:02] | I have my health. | 我很健康 |
[31:05] | I’m lucky. | 我很幸运 |
[31:07] | My family has their health. | 我的家人很健康 |
[31:10] | They’re lucky. | 他们很幸运 |
[31:11] | But for the millions who live | 但是对于今天生活在 |
[31:12] | in America’s big cities today who don’t, | 美国大城市里不健康的数百万人来说 |
[31:16] | we are not doing enough for them. | 我们为他们做的微乎其微 |
[31:27] | Dinner will be served in 15 minutes. | 晚餐将在十五分钟后供应 |
[31:44] | I’ve prepared an affidavit for you to sign. | 我准备了一份宣誓书给你签字 |
[31:51] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[31:52] | I know everything. | 我知道所有事情 |
[31:55] | And now that I do, I need you to sign this | 既然我知道了 我需要你签了这份文件 |
[31:58] | and testify to it at your hearing. | 并在你自己的听证会上为此作证 |
[31:59] | I cannot. | 我做不到 |
[32:00] | Mrs. Castillo, this is your only chance for asylum. | 卡斯蒂略女士 这是你申请政治庇护的唯一机会 |
[32:04] | Without asylum, you will be deported. | 不申请政治庇护 你会被驱逐出境 |
[32:06] | I thought you said they were looking for reasons to kick me out. | 我以为你说他们在找理由把我赶出去 |
[32:10] | – I killed two people. – Two gang members. | -我杀了两个人 -两位帮派成员 |
[32:12] | It’s still murder. | 但还是谋杀 |
[32:18] | I raised Yoli to do the right thing… | 我教导优莉做正确的事 |
[32:22] | always to do the right thing. | 总要选择做正确的事 |
[32:25] | They were children, Ms. Pearson. | 他们还是孩子 皮尔逊女士 |
[32:27] | The youngest one didn’t even shave. | 最小的还没有长胡子 |
[32:30] | I saw his face after I shot them. | 我杀了他后看到了他的脸 |
[32:34] | I’m no better than they are. | 我并不比他们好 |
[32:36] | What happened to those boys was done by the gangs. | 那些男孩遭遇的不幸是帮派造成的 |
[32:40] | – Not you. – Yoli won’t see it that way. | -不是你 -优莉不这么认为 |
[32:42] | Your daughter will understand what you did. | 你的女儿会理解你的作为 |
[32:45] | She’s a wonderful and forgiving young woman. | 她是位优秀宽容的年轻女性 |
[32:48] | Yes, but it changes everything. | 是的 但这会改变一切 |
[32:52] | I kept this from her, and… | 我瞒着她 |
[32:54] | she’ll never trust me again. | 她再也不会相信我了 |
[32:56] | Of course she will. | 她当然会 |
[32:58] | She’ll never see me the same way. | 她对我的看法会永远改变 |
[33:00] | You keep this from her, | 你瞒着她 |
[33:02] | and she’ll never see you at all. | 她永远都见不到你了 |
[33:06] | Is that what you want? | 这是你想要的吗 |
[33:08] | Please… sign it. | 拜托 签了吧 |
[33:31] | Going somewhere? | 要去哪吗 |
[33:33] | Angela. What happened? | 安吉拉 发生什么了 |
[33:36] | I can’t just sit up in here and live like a queen | 我不能坐在这像个皇后一样过活 |
[33:37] | while our friends are on the streets. | 而我们的朋友还在露宿街头 |
[33:39] | Don’t you think it’s killing me, too? | 你不觉得我也很难受吗 |
[33:40] | But there’s nothing we can do about it. | 但是我们什么也做不了 |
[33:41] | Oh, God, you sound like Jessica. | 天啊 你说话就像杰西卡 |
[33:43] | Everybody’s ready to throw their hands up | 所有人都准备两手一摊 |
[33:45] | and forget about the people we left behind. | 忘掉被我们留在身后的人 |
[33:47] | Don’t you dare talk to me that way. | 不准你那样跟我说话 |
[33:48] | Your cousin did everything in her power | 你的表姐做了所有力所能及的事 |
[33:51] | to change the situation. | 来改变现状 |
[33:52] | Well, I haven’t done everything in my power. | 我还没有尽我的全力 |
[33:54] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[33:55] | It means I’m not leaving them behind. | 意思是我不会丢下他们 |
[33:57] | Living on the street homeless is not gonna change anything. | 露宿街头也改变不了什么 |
[34:00] | No, but living right across from City Hall might. | 是的 但住在市政厅对面也许可以 |
[34:01] | Angela, you have babies. | 安吉拉 你有孩子 |
[34:07] | They may not understand what I’m doing now. | 他们也许现在不理解我的所作所为 |
[34:10] | Hopefully someday they will. | 希望未来他们能理解 |
[34:13] | Angela. | 安吉拉 |
[34:16] | Stop! | 别走 |
[34:26] | Derrick said you were looking for me? | 德里克说你找我 |
[34:28] | I was. | 是的 |
[34:30] | Sit down, Yoli. | 坐下 优莉 |
[34:32] | “Sit down” is never good. | 坐下可没什么好事 |
[34:34] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[34:37] | Please just tell me. | 快告诉我 |
[34:41] | Your mother just signed an affidavit asking for asylum. | 你母亲刚签了宣誓书申请政治庇护 |
[34:43] | She doesn’t have a case for asylum. | 她没有申请的理由 |
[34:45] | All I know is what she’s swearing to. | 我只知道她宣誓的内容 |
[34:47] | So she’s lying. | 那她撒谎了 |
[34:51] | Would you like me to read her statement? | 你想让我念念她的陈述吗 |
[34:54] | “On March 17, 1994, | 1994年3月17日 |
[34:57] | “when my daughter was two years old, | 我女儿两岁大的时候 |
[34:59] | “two young men broke into our home in Guanajuato, Mexico. | 两个年轻男子闯入我们在墨西哥瓜那华托的家 |
[35:04] | “Based on their distinctive tattoos, I recognized them | 根据他们身上显眼的纹身 我认出了 |
[35:07] | “as members of the violent gang Mara Salvatrucha. | 他们是暴力团伙萨瓦尔多帮的成员 |
[35:11] | “My husband was at work. | 我丈夫在工作 |
[35:13] | “I was home alone, and I had a baby. | 我一个人在家 还有个孩子 |
[35:17] | “I feared the worst. | 我担心他们动粗 |
[35:19] | “So I picked up my husband’s shotgun… | 所以我拿起了丈夫的猎枪 |
[35:22] | “and I shot both boys. | 打死了那两人 |
[35:26] | “Fearing payback from the gang, | 害怕帮派的报复 |
[35:28] | “my husband and I took our daughter and fled to America. | 我丈夫和我带着女儿逃到美国 |
[35:32] | – If I am sent back”– – Okay, stop, stop, stop. | -如果我被遣返 -好了 停 停 |
[35:36] | – Yoli… – No, I-I don’t believe it. | -优莉 -不 我不信 |
[35:40] | – No. – I know it’s hard to hear. | -不可能 -我知道这很难接受 |
[35:42] | No, there’s no way. | 不 不可能 |
[35:45] | Like you said, your mother doesn’t lie. | 想你说的 你母亲不会撒谎 |
[35:47] | No, it’s all–that’s a lie. | 不 这就是 这就是谎言 |
[35:54] | How could she not tell me? | 她怎么能不告诉我 |
[35:57] | My whole life? | 我的这辈子 |
[35:58] | This is exactly what she was afraid of. | 这正是她担心的地方 |
[36:02] | She was willing to leave the country… | 她愿意离开自己祖国 |
[36:06] | instead of shattering the image you have of her. | 也不愿破碎自己在你心中的形象 |
[36:14] | This can’t guarantee her asylum. | 这也不能保证拿到政治庇护 |
[36:17] | This could get her deported. | 这可能让她被遣返 |
[36:20] | She told the truth. That’s all she can do. | 她说出了真相 这是她唯一能做的 |
[36:25] | That’s all any of us can do. | 这是我们所有人能做的 |
[36:38] | I want to see her. | 我想见她 |
[36:40] | – Can I see her? – No, it’s too late. | -我能见她吗 -不 太晚了 |
[36:43] | – Visiting hours are– – Yeah, I know, over by 8:00. | -探视时间是 -嗯 我知道 8点结束 |
[36:45] | I hate that place. | 我讨厌那地方 |
[36:51] | Thanks, Jessica. | 谢谢 杰西卡 |
[36:55] | I guess everyone’s calling me Jessica now. | 我猜现在大家都叫我杰西卡了 |
[37:08] | I know, bud, but you know the drill, right? | 我知道 乖乖 但你懂规矩 对吧 |
[37:11] | Homework first, then TV. | 先做作业 再看电视 |
[37:14] | Okay, well, I’m on the way, and Daddy will be home soon. | 好 我回来了 爸爸马上就会到家 |
[37:20] | Okay, sweetie. I love you. | 好 甜心 我爱你 |
[37:24] | Here you go, ma’am. | 给您 女士 |
[37:25] | Oh. Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:28] | It’s only a recommendation. | 只是建议不喝酒 |
[37:30] | I mean, most of the literature says they don’t know | 多数医学文献对喝酒的影响 |
[37:31] | either way, so… | 也不确定 所以 |
[37:47] | I want to thank you, Keri. | 我想谢谢你 凯莉 |
[37:48] | For what? | 为什么 |
[37:51] | For getting me out of the house, | 让我出来透透气 |
[37:52] | for lighting a fire under my ass. | 让我看到自己危急的处境 |
[37:57] | Is this the part where you tell me | 现在你是要告诉我 |
[37:58] | to stay the hell away from your husband? | 离你的丈夫远点吗 |
[38:00] | No. | 不 |
[38:02] | I mean, I think a part of me did come here to say that… | 我觉得有部分的我确实想这么说 |
[38:06] | and just to get a good look at you. | 并好好看看你 |
[38:09] | This isn’t about my husband. This is about me. | 这无关我丈夫 这关于我 |
[38:13] | I’ve been letting this disease and you define me | 我一直让这个病和你定义我 |
[38:15] | for far too long, and I think I’m done with that. | 太久了 我觉得该到此为止了 |
[38:17] | You can’t possibly say that you don’t care. | 你不会想说你不在乎吧 |
[38:19] | Oh, I care. | 我在乎 |
[38:21] | It’s just, what can I do about it, Keri? | 只是我又能干什么呢 凯莉 |
[38:23] | I can’t cure an addict. | 我没法治好瘾君子 |
[38:29] | I tried to end it five years ago. | 我五年前试过结束这一切 |
[38:30] | I swear to God I did, | 我发誓是真的 |
[38:31] | but I see your husband every day. | 但我每天都见到你丈夫 |
[38:34] | We’re around each other all the time. | 我们整天一起共事 |
[38:37] | – That’s your choice. – I don’t want another job. | -那是你的选择 -我不想换工作 |
[38:39] | – I like what I do. – Like I said… | -我喜欢这工作 -我也说了 |
[38:43] | that’s your choice. | 那是你的选择 |
[38:46] | So where do we go from here? | 我们现在怎么办 |
[38:54] | Home. | 回家 |
[39:00] | 政治庇护申请 递解出境 | |
[39:33] | It’s Nick. I can’t take your call. | 我是尼克 现在无法接电话 |
[39:35] | Leave one for me. | 请留言 |
[40:25] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[40:29] | Anybody home? | 有人在家吗 |
[40:33] | Lillian? | 莉莉安 |