时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | “Come meet me, Arthur Cochran. | “快来找我吧 我是亚瑟·科克兰 |
[00:07] | I’m single and a doctor”? | 我单身 还是博士” |
[00:09] | I don’t think I’ve ever said that. | 我好像从来没说过这些话 |
[00:11] | I do drink a lot. | 不过我的确喝了很多酒 |
[00:12] | Stuff I’ve agreed to on a bender…dang. | 我喝醉后答应过的事 叫你惊掉下巴 |
[00:15] | I still have so much makeup to sell. | 我还有好多化妆品没卖完 |
[00:19] | Wow, Arthur, your head looks so huge. | 亚瑟 你的头看着好大啊 |
[00:21] | You’re like a giant, grumpy PEZ dispenser. | 你看着就像个巨大的 臭脾气的派滋取糖器 |
[00:24] | I’ll see you at Singles Night. | 单身之夜见哦 |
[00:25] | No, you will not see me at Singles ght. | 不 我不会去参加单身之夜 |
[00:27] | And who decided it was okay to use my photo? | 另外 是谁决定可以用我的照片的 |
[00:29] | Sorry! I needed to entice all ages, | 对不起啦 我需要诱惑各年龄层的人 |
[00:32] | and you’re in a demographic sweet spot. | 你的年龄从人口统计学上来说正合适 |
[00:34] | To the elderly widows, you’re a hot young renegade | 对年纪大的寡妇来说 你是性感年轻的叛逆者 |
[00:37] | who does not have time for blood thinners, | 没时间吃抗凝血药 |
[00:38] | and to the middle-aged divorcees, | 对于中年的离婚妇女来说 |
[00:40] | you’re not their husband. | 你不是她们的丈夫 |
[00:41] | The elderly widows are the reason | 正是因为考虑到那些年纪大的寡妇 |
[00:42] | we have Singles Night at 2:00 in the afternoon. | 我们才会将单身之夜定于下午2点举行 |
[00:45] | My wife just died. | 我才刚死了老婆 |
[00:46] | I’m not interested in dating anyone. | 我现在没兴趣跟任何人开展新恋情 |
[00:48] | I’m not a monster. | 我又不是禽兽 |
[00:50] | I just love love | 我只是爱爱情本身 |
[00:51] | and I’d love to be the reason a couple falls in love. | 并且我爱当帮助有情人坠入爱河的月老 |
[00:54] | It doesn’t have to be you. | 又不一定非得是你 |
[00:55] | Who’s the “Second First Church of the Cumberlands”? | 查伯兰兹2号第一教堂是什么鬼 |
[00:59] | We are. | 就是我们啊 |
[01:00] | That’s a ridiculous name for a church. | 教堂取这个名字也太荒唐了吧 |
[01:02] | I’ve been calling it | 我一直把它叫做 |
[01:02] | the First Second Church of the Cumberlands, | 查伯兰兹1号第二教堂 |
[01:06] | which is also a ridiculous name for a church. | 当然了 这也是个荒唐的教堂名 |
[01:10] | Aww, you’ve been talking about us. | 你跟别人提到我们了耶 |
[01:12] | Not in the way you were hoping. | 不是你希望的那种提到 |
[01:23] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[01:24] | If this is about that cinnamon bun I ate, | 如果是因为我吃掉的那个肉桂面包 |
[01:25] | it’s only ’cause I sneezed on it. | 那只是因为我打喷嚏在上面了 |
[01:27] | It was basically garbage. | 那基本上已经算是垃圾了 |
[01:28] | Girl, don’t eat garbage. | 姑娘 别吃垃圾啊 |
[01:30] | Why are you in here hiding from Dwayne? | 你为什么在这里躲着德韦恩 |
[01:32] | Dwayne’s here? No way. | 德韦恩来了吗 不可能吧 |
[01:36] | It’s just so awkward with Singles Night/afternoon coming up. | 太尴尬了 单身之夜即单身下午马上就要到了 |
[01:40] | We still haven’t spoken about | 我们却还没好好谈一下 |
[01:41] | how he showed up on my lawn and asked me out yet. | 他出现在我家草坪上 找我约会的事 |
[01:43] | It’s not surprising. | 丝毫不令人意外 |
[01:44] | You still haven’t told the line cook your name is not Jeanine. | 你到现在都还没告诉二厨你的名字不是简妮 |
[01:47] | Oh, please. Ginny’s a difficult name, | 拜托 吉妮这个名字很难发音 |
[01:50] | and plus, I don’t wanna | 再说了 我不想 |
[01:50] | confuse Athanasios Pappadopolis. | 把阿瑟纳希奥斯·帕帕德普拉斯给搞糊涂了 |
[01:55] | It just sucks. | 真的糟透了 |
[01:56] | Dwayne and I used to be so close, and now it’s so awkward. | 德韦恩和我以前关系超好 现在却这么尴尬 |
[01:59] | I mean, do you want to go out with him? | 你想跟他出去约会吗 |
[02:01] | No. Well, I mean, maybe. | 不想 好吧 或许吧 |
[02:03] | I don’t know. Just not right now. | 我也不知道 但肯定不是现在 |
[02:05] | Just be honest with him. | 跟他说实话吧 |
[02:06] | I mean, every time I look at him, | 每次我看着他 |
[02:08] | I still see the enormous third grader | 看到的都是那个体型庞大的三年级学生 |
[02:09] | who was my square-dancing partner. | 还是我的方步舞搭档 |
[02:11] | Whenever I look at him, | 每当我看到他的时候 |
[02:12] | I see a paying customer who’s waiting to give his order. | 看到的都是一个要付钱下单的顾客 |
[02:16] | – On it. – Thank you. | -我这就去 -谢谢 |
[02:19] | – Athanasios. – Jeanine. | -阿瑟纳希奥斯 -简妮 |
[02:23] | Hey, Dwayne, the usual? | 德韦恩 老样子吗 |
[02:25] | Vegan lumberjack, tofu over hard? | 素伐木工人蛋糕 硬豆腐吗 |
[02:27] | Yes indeed. | 是的 没错 |
[02:28] | So Ginny–Ginny? | 话说吉妮 吉妮 |
[02:32] | You’re probably not going to Singles Night, huh? | 你应该不会去参加单身之夜 对吧 |
[02:36] | – Actually, I am. – Oh, well, good. | -实际上 我会去的 -太好了 |
[02:39] | Save me a dance? | 给我留支舞吧 |
[02:40] | – Sure. – All right. | -好啊 -好的 |
[02:41] | I’ll put you on my dance card. | 我会把你记在我的「舞约卡」上的 |
[02:42] | – Okay. – That’s a thing, isn’t it? | -好的 -是有那东西的 对吧 |
[02:44] | I mean, I don’t know, I could never afford cotillion. | 我其实不知道 我可买不起舞裙 |
[02:45] | I just kissed boys behind the country club dumpster. | 我只会躲在乡村俱乐部的垃圾桶后面跟男孩亲吻 |
[02:48] | I’ll see you there. | 到时候见 |
[02:50] | You know you just agreed to go out on a date with him, right? | 你知道你刚刚同意跟他约会了 对吧 |
[02:53] | And admitted you were fast and poor. | 并且承认你容易被勾到 又贫穷 |
[02:54] | Oh, my God… | 天呐 |
[03:06] | I’ll check the wiring, | 我可以检查下线路 |
[03:08] | but most flickering lights are caused by ghosts. | 但大多数情况下 灯泡闪烁都是由鬼引起的 |
[03:12] | Well, I appreciate it. | 真是谢谢你了 |
[03:14] | Just when you think things can’t get more primitive– | 就在你以为情况不可能变得更原始的时候… |
[03:18] | The human larynx is remarkably vulnerable. | 人的喉头非常脆弱 |
[03:22] | Easy, old timer. No one has to get hurt here. | 冷静 老家伙 这里没人需要受伤 |
[03:25] | Psych! | 骗你的 |
[03:27] | No dice, stumpy. | 休想 矮墩墩 |
[03:32] | Only my mama calls me stumpy. | 只有我妈才能叫我矮墩墩 |
[03:35] | Oh, God, I fell on my keys, Art. | 天呐 我摔在我的钥匙上了 亚瑟 |
[03:37] | It’s all right. | 没事 |
[03:38] | This Hannibal Lecter rip-off is my father-in-law. | 这个山寨版的食人魔汉尼拔是我岳父 |
[03:43] | The hell are you doing here, Tinsley? | 你跑来这里干什么 廷斯利 |
[03:45] | Besides breaking and entering. | 除了非法闯入民宅 |
[03:46] | I saw this at the VA. | 我在退伍军人事务部看到了这个 |
[03:51] | My daughter’s been dead a month, | 我女儿才去世一个月 |
[03:53] | and you’re the poster boy for Singles Night. | 你就成了单身之夜的海报男主了 |
[03:55] | I’m done with the phase of my life | 我现在已经过了那个人生阶段了 |
[03:57] | where I have to explain myself to you. | 我不再需要对你解释任何事了 |
[03:59] | We are no longer related. | 我们已经不存在亲戚关系了 |
[04:01] | Now get the hell off of my boat. | 赶快从我的船上滚下去 |
[04:02] | Actually, this boat belongs to me, | 实际上 这艘船是我的 |
[04:05] | so how about you get the hell off my boat? | 所以不如你滚下去吧 |
[04:08] | Whoever’s boat it is… | 不管这是谁的船 |
[04:10] | it’s haunted! | 都闹鬼了 |
[04:12] | – It’s my haunted boat. – I said it’s my boat. | -这是我的闹鬼船 -我说了是我的船 |
[04:15] | – It’s my boat! – Get off my boat. | -是我的船 -滚下我的船 |
[04:16] | – Get off my boat. – It’s my boat! | -滚下我的船 -是我的船 |
[04:19] | Jean told me that you gave her the boat. | 琴跟我说 你把这艘船送给她了 |
[04:22] | Well, Jean told me that you were a Baptist, | 琴还跟我说你是浸信会的呢 |
[04:25] | so it looks like both of us got some bad intel. | 看来我们都收到了错误的情报 |
[04:27] | So what’s your plan here, Tinsley? | 那你想干什么 廷斯利 |
[04:29] | Well, before there were witnesses, | 在出现目击者前 |
[04:30] | I was going to render you unconscious | 我本打算把你一棍子敲晕 |
[04:32] | and then just drive my boat away. | 然后把船开走 |
[04:34] | Well, raise a glass to witnesses. | 我要举杯感谢那目击证人 |
[04:37] | Well, what should we do? | 我们该做什么好呢 |
[04:38] | Should we play Monopoly while you berate me? | 边玩大富翁边听你教训我怎么样 |
[04:41] | Listen to records while you berate me? | 还是边听音乐边听你教训我 |
[04:43] | I berate myself, you decide I’m not doing it right | 我教训我自己 你要是觉得我骂得不够狠 |
[04:46] | and then you berate me? | 你再教训我 |
[04:48] | Whichever you want to start with, ’cause, uh, | 你想先来哪个都行 因为 |
[04:51] | we’re gonna play all the hits. | 以上全部我们都要做一遍 |
[04:53] | Reverend Jax, why the emergency rehearsal? | 杰克斯牧师 为什么紧急召我们来排练 |
[04:55] | Our sister church is coming to Singles Night. | 我们的姐妹教会要来参加单身之夜 |
[04:57] | I thought we could knock their socks off | 我想着我们可以来一场即兴合唱表演 |
[04:59] | with an impromptu choir performance. | 彻底征服她们 |
[05:01] | – Where’s Arthur? – Yeah. | -亚瑟在哪 -这个嘛 |
[05:02] | By now I’m guessing he’s at the bottom of the lake. | 这会儿他估计早被抛尸湖底了 |
[05:05] | His father-in-law’s as lethal as I’d be | 要是我的家用健身器材还在 |
[05:07] | if I still had my Bowflex. | 我就会跟他岳父一样能掐喉毙命 |
[05:09] | Local climate never did agree with you. | 你一直适应不了这里的气候 |
[05:12] | Might be best to leave, before it turns against you. | 你还是赶紧离开为好 免得因此伤身 |
[05:14] | – I’m not going anywhere. – I can wait you out. | -我哪儿都不去 -我可以跟你慢慢耗 |
[05:17] | I brought my own rations. | 我还自带了口粮 |
[05:20] | Your horned-up church has been sending me care packages | 琴去世后 你那个饥渴的教会一直 |
[05:25] | ever since Jean died. | 寄爱心包裹给我 |
[05:27] | The Lord provides. | 主赐予我们食物 |
[05:30] | Apparently dark chocolate, but nobody’s perfect. | 看来赐的是黑巧克力 不过人无完人嘛 |
[05:37] | God, I hate the way you chew. | 老天 我真讨厌你咀嚼的声音 |
[05:39] | Hurry up! We’ll be late for Singles Night/afternoon. | 快点 单身之夜即单身下午我们要迟到了 |
[05:44] | Oh. Well, we better get going. | 不错嘛 我们快出发吧 |
[05:47] | We don’t wanna be late for whatever the opposite of porn is. | 我们可不想晚到那个绝对不是黄片的活动 |
[05:50] | Okay, listen. If I gave Dwayne the wrong idea at the Moonbow, | 听我说 如果我在月虹时让德韦恩误会了 |
[05:52] | I need to send a clear signal that | 我得跟他明确表示 |
[05:54] | I am not interested in romantic involvement whatsoever. | 我现在没兴趣重返情场 |
[05:57] | We need an outfit that sends the right message. | 我们需要一套能传达这个信息的衣服 |
[06:03] | What do we think the message is we’re sending here? | 你觉得这套衣服传达了什么信息 |
[06:07] | I wanna be hot, but not hot to Dwayne, who’s a vegan, | 我想打扮得火辣 但不符合素食者德韦恩的喜好 |
[06:11] | so I’m wearing a leather skort | 所以我穿了皮裙 |
[06:13] | and this shirt that Wayne bought for me. | 和这件韦恩送给我的上衣 |
[06:15] | You look like if cheese fries for the table were a person. | 你看上去就像诱人的芝士薯条 |
[06:19] | You look like… a half-priced hooker. | 你看起来像…半价”出售”的妓女 |
[06:24] | See, right now, it’s like, “Who’s that nerd?” | 现在 我给人感觉是”那书呆是谁啊” |
[06:27] | But when I wanna attract a guy, I take the glasses off… | 但如果我想撩男人 就把眼镜摘掉 |
[06:32] | And boom. | 华丽变身 |
[06:33] | The “Pretty Woman” montage is over. | 《风月俏佳人》那套路已经过时了 |
[06:35] | – I’m picking your outfit. – That’s a good plan. | -我帮你选衣服 -那最好了 |
[06:37] | 查伯兰兹2号第一教堂 单身之夜 右划选择主 | |
[06:39] | All right, I hear the bus coming. | 好 我听见大巴来了 |
[06:41] | Go long, man. | 快跑吧 哥们 |
[06:45] | Oh, nope, false alarm. It’s just a pickup truck. | 不对 搞错了 只是辆皮卡 |
[06:47] | – Come on back. – Wayne, you’re here early! | -快回来 -韦恩 你来得真早 |
[06:50] | If everyone has your open-hearted enthusiasm, | 如果人人像你这么敞开心怀 积极参与 |
[06:52] | this night is gonna definitely end in a love connection. | 今晚绝对会促成很多对佳偶 |
[06:55] | And you brought Cash to an adults-only event. | 你还带了卡什来参加成人活动 |
[06:58] | Oh, yeah. Chicks friggin’ salivate over single dads, | 是啊 妞看到单身爸爸就流口水 |
[07:01] | and when they show up, | 等她们一到 |
[07:02] | they’re gonna see me mid-throw in an idyllic Toblerone | 就会看到我正投出一记如巧克力般完美的 |
[07:05] | of father-son bonding. | 父子温情时刻 |
[07:07] | My feet hurt, man. | 我脚很疼 |
[07:08] | Hey, no more false alarms, I promise. | 不会再弄错了 我保证 |
[07:10] | Oh. All right, no, I hear it for sure. | 好 这次是真的听到了 |
[07:12] | Fly pattern–go. | 飞跑模式 走起 |
[07:16] | Man, I’m really sorry, but I lied. | 哥们 真对不起 我说谎了 |
[07:18] | Come on back. | 快回来吧 |
[07:20] | – Oh! Here they are. – What? | -她们到了 -什么 |
[07:23] | Where did it come from? | 车从哪冒出来的 |
[07:25] | Change of plans, man. | 计划有变 儿子 |
[07:26] | I’m just gonna tussle your hair instead. | 我就改成揉乱你头毛吧 |
[07:28] | – I’m sweaty. – Oh, God, man–what… | -我一头汗呢 -老天 不是吧 |
[07:30] | you only ran twice. What in the world? | 你才跑了两趟 怎么搞的 |
[07:39] | Cash? Wait–Cash, what? | 卡什 等等 卡什 什么 |
[07:43] | Now remember, zipper placement is crucial. | 记住 拉链拉多高至关重要 |
[07:46] | There’s a distinct line between… | 以下两种是有本质区别的 |
[07:49] | “I’m not wearing anything under this,” and, | 这是”我这身底下什么都没穿” |
[07:52] | “I’m with maintenance.” | 而这是”我要求很高” |
[07:56] | Mmm–here we go. | 进去吧 |
[08:03] | You got this. | 你没问题的 |
[08:05] | Be direct. He can take it. | 直接说清楚 他能承受 |
[08:07] | He’s a grown man. He’s sort of two grown men. | 他是成年人了 还是个一人顶俩的大块头 |
[08:10] | – Nice jumpsuit. – You’re too sweet. | -连衣裤很好看 -你嘴太甜了 |
[08:13] | Just like my coffee. | 跟我的咖啡一样 |
[08:16] | Did you know Hawaii | 你知道夏威夷 |
[08:17] | grows the most coffee in the United States? | 是全美咖啡产量最大的地区吗 |
[08:20] | Which is weird, | 真奇怪 |
[08:20] | ’cause I always associate it with pineapples | 因为我以前总是联想到菠萝 |
[08:22] | and overweight guys playing the ukulele, | 和弹尤克里里的大胖子 |
[08:24] | but actually that’s stereotyping, | 但那其实是刻板印象 |
[08:26] | just like thinking how everybody in Kentucky | 就像人们以为肯塔基州所有人 |
[08:27] | owns a racehorse or marries their cousin, | 都会养赛马或跟表亲结婚 |
[08:29] | which actually shows a true lack of understanding | 这其实表明人们不了解 |
[08:30] | about how expensive it is to board a horse, | 养马费用有多高昂 |
[08:32] | but haters gonna hate. | 不过喷子总好胡乱指责 |
[08:33] | Would you excuse me? | 我失陪一下 |
[08:36] | I did not know that. | 我还真不知道 |
[08:39] | Tick tock, tick tock. | 滴答 滴答 |
[08:45] | You know, for all of Germany’s shortcomings, | 德国虽然有诸多缺点 |
[08:48] | they really make a hell of a clock. | 但他们制造的钟真是一绝 |
[08:57] | All right, that’s it. I’m leaving. | 好了 我受够了 我要走了 |
[08:59] | I really thought you’d last longer | 我真心以为你会撑更久 |
[09:01] | before waving your little white flag. | 才举白旗投降呢 |
[09:03] | No, you win. You’re the captain now. | 不 你赢了 现在你是船长了 |
[09:06] | You are the hero. | 你是英雄 |
[09:23] | Arthur, I knew you’d come! | 亚瑟 我就知道你会来 |
[09:25] | The light in your heart outshines the darkness. | 你内心的光明战胜了黑暗 |
[09:28] | I got tired of sitting at home listening to crap music, | 我受够了在家里听难听的音乐 |
[09:31] | so I thought I’d try it on dry land. | 所以就想来陆地上碰碰运气 |
[09:33] | Our sister church brought their very own | 我们的姐妹教会带了他们自己的 |
[09:36] | religious-themed discing jockey. | 宗教主题DJ |
[09:38] | She’s spinning something called “House Hymns.” | 她正在放曲风叫”浩室赞美诗”的音乐 |
[09:41] | Her stage name is WWDJ. | 她的艺名叫WWDJ |
[09:44] | What does that even mean? “What would disc jockey?” | 那是什么意思 “DJ会干嘛”吗 |
[09:46] | Is there a place where people aren’t? | 这里有没人的地方吗 |
[09:50] | Yeah! Let me join you. | 有啊 我带你过去 |
[09:52] | Yeah, so, uh, ever since we split up, | 对 我们分手以后 |
[09:55] | I’ve just been all about taking care of my son, Cash. | 我一直忙着照顾我儿子卡什 |
[09:58] | It’s the, uh, it’s the toughest job you’ll ever love. | 这可不是件容易的差事 |
[10:01] | – Oh, is that him? – Hey. | -那个是你儿子吧 -是他 |
[10:06] | Uh, yeah. | 是他 |
[10:07] | Hey, will you excuse me for one second? | 不好意思 失陪一下 |
[10:10] | Uh, I think he’s having an allergic reaction to music. | 我想这是他对音乐的过敏反应 |
[10:13] | Hey, Cash. What are you doing? | 卡什 你在做什么 |
[10:15] | Trying to let her know I’m interested. | 努力让她知道我对她有兴趣 |
[10:17] | Oh, dude, no, no, no, no. | 伙计 不对 不对 不对 |
[10:19] | See, the trick with girls like that | 对付那样的姑娘 |
[10:21] | is you gotta let ’em know that you ain’t interested, okay? | 秘诀在于让她们以为你不感兴趣 |
[10:24] | Your best bet is to, like, | 最好的做法是 |
[10:26] | kiss some other girl in front of her, or just leave. | 在她面前亲其他女孩 或直接走人 |
[10:30] | ‘Cause that’ll send a pretty clear message. | 因为那样能清楚地表达出你的想法 |
[10:34] | Last time I took advice from you… | 上一次我听你的意见后 |
[10:36] | Our whole school got lice. | 整个学校的人都得了虱子 |
[10:38] | At least you were listening to me, son. | 至少你还听我的意见 儿子 |
[10:43] | Boy, am I jealous of you. | 妹子 我可是太嫉妒你了 |
[10:44] | The hottest guy in the whole place can’t stop staring at you. | 全场最性感的人盯着你不放 |
[10:47] | Oh, Dwayne? We’re just good friends. | 德韦恩吗 我们只是好朋友 |
[10:50] | Well, actually, more like brother and sister, | 其实更像是兄妹 |
[10:51] | ’cause they don’t ever kiss. | 因为兄妹不会亲嘴 |
[10:53] | Oh, no, hopefully never. | 不会 希望永远不会 |
[10:55] | Actually, you might be perfect for him. | 其实你也许跟他是绝配 |
[10:57] | You don’t know anything about me, so… | 你不了解我 那 |
[10:59] | – Uh, what’s your name? – Georgia. | -你叫什么名字 -乔治娅 |
[11:01] | He loves Georgia! | 他喜欢乔治亚州 |
[11:02] | Dwayne! | 德韦恩 |
[11:03] | Guess who has the same name as your favorite state? | 猜猜看谁的名字跟你最喜欢的州一样 |
[11:05] | What–your name is Enlightenment? | 你名字叫启蒙运动 |
[11:09] | Oh, what a fun guess. No, I’m Georgia. | 真幽默 不 我叫乔治娅 |
[11:12] | – Georgia? – Oh. Yeah. | -乔治娅 -是的 |
[11:14] | Yeah, most people would be delighted | 大多数人有个当教授的女婿 |
[11:16] | to have a professor for a son-in-law. | 高兴还来不及呢 |
[11:18] | Ex-professor. | 前教授 |
[11:19] | Okay, idiot. | 好吧 白痴 |
[11:21] | I thought I might find you here. | 我就知道你在这里 |
[11:23] | All right, give me back my voltage regulator. | 好了 把变压器还给我 |
[11:25] | I don’t know what that is, | 我不知道那是什么 |
[11:26] | but I do have a pocketful of colorful wires. | 但我确实有一口袋的彩色电线 |
[11:30] | All family relationships are complicated. | 家家有本难念的经 |
[11:32] | My father cheats at charades. | 我父亲猜字谜时会作弊 |
[11:34] | Whispering is still talking. | 小声嘟囔也算说话 |
[11:37] | Oh, he’s not family. | 他才不是家人呢 |
[11:38] | He’s just the man that my daughter wasted her life on. | 只是我女儿把生命浪费在他身上而已 |
[11:41] | You want the boat so much? You can have it. | 你那么想要那艘船 那就拿去吧 |
[11:44] | But you need to admit that you’re doing this to spite me, | 但你得承认你这么做是出于对我的怨恨 |
[11:47] | not because you care about Jean. | 而不是因为你关心琴 |
[11:50] | You never made time for her when she was alive. | 她在世时你都是没时间陪她 |
[11:53] | But if you want to see her now, | 但如果你现在想见她 |
[11:55] | she’s right out there. | 她就在那里 |
[12:00] | The cemetery’s actually that way. | 公墓那边走 |
[12:03] | He got turned around. | 他绕晕了 |
[12:06] | 查伯兰兹2号第一教堂 单身之夜 右划选择主 | |
[12:08] | Hey, man. | 儿子 |
[12:10] | You know, | 你知道 |
[12:12] | it’s not that your dancing wasn’t really good– | 不是你跳得不好 |
[12:14] | it was, like, some of the best I’ve ever seen. | 这是我见过的最好的舞蹈了 |
[12:16] | It’s just that people usually only do the YMCA | 只是人们通常只在唱这首歌时 |
[12:19] | during that one song. | 才跳YMCA的舞 |
[12:21] | It’s okay, Dad. I’m not surprised. | 没关系 爸爸 我一点儿也不意外 |
[12:23] | She’s like a ten, and I’m a four. | 她是十分女 我只是四分男 |
[12:25] | Oh, come on, man. That is nonsense. | 别这样说 儿子 无稽之谈 |
[12:29] | Look at your mom and me. | 看看你妈妈和我 |
[12:30] | She’s a 14, and I’m a 2. | 她是十四分美女 我只是个两分挫男 |
[12:33] | But…look. | 但…你瞧 |
[12:38] | Maybe next time you just, | 也许下一次你就 |
[12:40] | you know, you just ask her to dance. | 你就请她跳支舞 |
[12:43] | But make it a slow song ’cause… | 但是得挑慢的曲子跳 因为 |
[12:46] | girls like slow songs. | 姑娘都喜欢慢歌 |
[12:49] | Thanks, Dad. | 谢谢你 老爸 |
[12:51] | You’re welcome, buddy. | 别客气 儿子 |
[12:54] | And you’re not a two. | 你不是两分挫男 |
[12:56] | Oh, man, I know. I’m like a 30. | 我知道 我算是个三十钻石男吧 |
[12:59] | But that would’ve made for a real stinker of a pep talk, | 但那样打气就太讨人嫌了 |
[13:02] | don’t you think? | 对吧 |
[13:05] | What are we doing out here? | 我们在这里干什么 |
[13:06] | Okay, the sun is about to set, | 好吧 太阳快落山了 |
[13:08] | so I’m at least adjacent | 所以差不多快到 |
[13:09] | to socially acceptable drinking hours. | 人们可以接受的喝酒时间了 |
[13:11] | I’m avoiding seeing Dwayne. It’s like making pickles. | 我在躲德韦恩 这就跟做泡菜似的 |
[13:15] | Is this another one of those desultory, | 这又是什么随口一说 |
[13:17] | esoteric, Southern metaphors? | 深奥难懂 南方人的暗喻手法吗 |
[13:19] | After you put the pickles in the garbage can, | 你把泡菜放进垃圾桶后 |
[13:20] | the key thing is to just not take the lid off. | 关键的一步就是不能打开盖子 |
[13:23] | Why are you making pickles in a garbage can? | 你为什么要用垃圾桶做泡菜 |
[13:24] | People think that good pickles come from spices, | 人们认为做好泡菜要看酱汁 |
[13:26] | but it’s the timing. | 其实应该是时间 |
[13:27] | Hang on, I haven’t bought in to your basic premise | 等等 我还没明白你的基本前提 |
[13:29] | that you need a garbage can to make pickles. | 为什么要用垃圾桶做泡菜 |
[13:31] | You take the lid off too early, | 你太早打开盖子 |
[13:32] | you get salty cucumbers. | 做出来的就是咸黄瓜 |
[13:34] | You leave it on too long– | 你放太久 |
[13:36] | right in the trash can. | 直接丢尽垃圾桶 |
[13:37] | Where you’re making the pickles? | 你在哪里做泡菜 |
[13:38] | Gross, no. | 好恶心 不是 |
[13:40] | It’s a dedicated pickle-making garbage can. | 是专门用来腌泡菜的垃圾桶 |
[13:42] | Look, my point is | 我的意思是 |
[13:44] | that right now is not the time to get involved with Dwayne. | 现在不是和德韦恩扯上关系的时候 |
[13:47] | Well, tell him. If he’s really a friend, | 那就告诉他 如果他真是你朋友 |
[13:49] | he’ll understand. | 他能理解 |
[13:51] | Unless he’s like my insane father-in-law, | 除非他像我那个神经的岳父 |
[13:54] | has to make every situation about himself. | 什么事都要以他为中心 |
[13:58] | You know anyone else like that? | 你还认识谁像他那样的吗 |
[14:00] | Yeah. I think I do. | 对 我认识 |
[14:03] | Chris Pilot. Couldn’t go two seconds | 克里斯·派洛特 两秒钟不提他的 |
[14:06] | without bringing up his Pulitzer. | 普利策奖都活不下去 |
[14:08] | Right… | 可不嘛 |
[14:11] | Look, you two are both grieving, | 你们俩都在哀悼 |
[14:15] | so maybe instead of taking your anger out on each other, | 也许你们可以停止向对方出气 |
[14:18] | try to find a little common ground in your sorrow. | 试着在悲伤之中找到一点共性 |
[14:20] | No, it’s not the same thing. I lost my wife. | 不 这不是一回事 我失去了妻子 |
[14:23] | Well, he lost his daughter. | 他失去了女儿 |
[14:29] | How about I start taking your advice | 等你不再逃避困难对话后 |
[14:31] | about difficult conversations | 我就开始听取你的建议 |
[14:33] | when you stop hiding to avoid them? | 你说这样行吗 |
[14:54] | Dwayne? Can we talk? | 德怀恩 我们能谈谈吗 |
[14:56] | Do you mind if I go first? | 我能先说吗 |
[14:58] | Ginny, I’m sorry for making things so weird. | 吉妮 我很抱歉我让事情变得难堪 |
[15:01] | Yes, I had feelings for you, | 没错 我喜欢过你 |
[15:03] | but I care way too much about our friendship to pursue them. | 但我太在乎我们的友谊而不敢去追你 |
[15:08] | I care about our friendship, too, Dwayne. | 我也在乎我们的友谊 德怀恩 |
[15:11] | I depend on it. | 我依赖它 |
[15:12] | I just hate how awkward it’s been. | 我只是很讨厌一直以来都这么尴尬 |
[15:15] | I mean, I tried to apologize to you tonight, | 我本想今晚跟你道歉 |
[15:17] | but clearly you’ve been avoiding me. | 但显然你一直在躲着我 |
[15:20] | Hey…friends? | 还是朋友吗 |
[15:23] | Friends. | 当然 |
[15:24] | You know, I only asked you to save me a dance | 我叫你为我留一支舞 |
[15:27] | because I wanted to go back to the best time in our friendship | 是因为我想回到我们关系最好的时候 |
[15:30] | when we would rock it at the school dance. | 就是我们在学校舞会上惊艳全场那次 |
[15:32] | Well, then let’s go back. | 那我们就穿梭回去吧 |
[15:38] | You still remember that routine we did at the Soy Bean Harvest? | 还记得我们在大豆收成日上跳的那支舞吗 |
[15:41] | The one the paper called “out of place”? | 报纸形容为”格格不入”的那支舞吗 |
[15:42] | You know I do. | 当然记得了 |
[15:55] | I’d like to take this opportunity | 我想借此机会 |
[15:57] | to express my gratitude | 表达我的感激 |
[15:58] | and to thank you for those care packages | 谢谢你一直以来 |
[16:01] | that you’ve been sending. | 给我寄的爱心包裹 |
[16:03] | I’m so sorry. | 不好意思 |
[16:04] | I wish I would’ve thought to reach out, | 我也希望我有这心思联系你 |
[16:06] | but unfortunately, I have not. | 但可惜我没有 |
[16:07] | But they always come with this, uh, | 包裹里总会附上 |
[16:10] | this same little card. Here you go. | 这张同样的卡片 你看 |
[16:23] | “Enjoy the protein shakes and granola bars, | “请享用蛋白奶昔和燕麦条 |
[16:25] | “and remember: today is going to be better than yesterday. | 记住 今天会比昨天更好 |
[16:29] | Love, your friends at the First Second Church.” | 爱你的 你在1号第二教堂的朋友” |
[16:44] | That’s odd, that’s what Arthur calls our church. | 真怪 亚瑟才会这么叫我们教堂 |
[16:51] | Son of a bitch. | 狗娘养的 |
[16:57] | It’s electric! | 电流漫身 |
[17:06] | Hi, I’m Cash. | 你好 我是卡什 |
[17:08] | Hey. Harper. | 哈珀 |
[17:10] | So since you’re on break, care to dance? | 既然你在休息 想跳支舞吗 |
[17:14] | Sure. | 好啊 |
[17:20] | ♪ You can’t see it ♪ | ♪你看不到♪ |
[17:22] | ♪ It’s electric ♪ | ♪电流漫身♪ |
[17:24] | ♪ You gotta feel it ♪ | ♪你得感受♪ |
[17:26] | ♪ It’s electric ♪ | ♪电流漫身♪ |
[17:28] | ♪ Ooh, it’s shakin’ ♪ | ♪在晃动呢♪ |
[17:31] | ♪ It’s electric ♪ | ♪电流漫身♪ |
[17:31] | Uh, right here? | 这里吗 |
[17:33] | ♪ Jiggle-a-mesa-cara she’s a pumpin’ like a matic ♪ | ♪七个隆咚锵 妖冶身姿上下晃♪ |
[17:35] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:35] | ♪ She’s movin’ like electric, she sure got the boogie ♪ | ♪犹如电流漫身 轻盈可人♪ |
[17:37] | ♪ You gotta know it ♪ | ♪你得了解它♪ |
[17:39] | Wait, here? | 这里吗 |
[17:40] | ♪ It’s electric ♪ | ♪电流漫身♪ |
[17:40] | ♪ Boogie woogie, woogie ♪ | ♪跟着节奏上下动♪ |
[17:42] | ♪ Now you can’t hold it ♪ | ♪你把持不住♪ |
[17:44] | – What are you doing? – Uh–sorry. | -你在干什么 -抱歉 |
[17:46] | ♪ But you know it’s there ♪ | ♪但你知道它就在那♪ |
[17:50] | ♪ Here there and everywhere ♪ | ♪无处不在♪ |
[17:50] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[17:56] | – Where are you going? – My son needs a slow song. | -你去哪 -我儿子需要慢歌 |
[17:58] | This group can’t handle a tempo change. | 这些人应付不了节奏变化 |
[18:04] | ♪ You can’t see it ♪ | ♪你看不到♪ |
[18:06] | ♪ It’s electric, boogie woogie, woogie ♪ | ♪电流漫身 跟着节奏上下动♪ |
[18:09] | ♪ You gotta feel it ♪ | ♪你得感受♪ |
[18:10] | Hey, what’s happening now? | 什么情况 |
[18:12] | ♪ It’s electric, boogie woogie, woogie ♪ | ♪电流漫身 跟着节奏上下动♪ |
[18:15] | ♪ Ooh, it’s shakin’ ♪ | ♪在晃动呢♪ |
[18:18] | ♪ It’s electric, boogie woogie, woogie ♪ | ♪电流漫身 跟着节奏上下动♪ |
[18:21] | ♪ Jiggle-a-mesa-cara she’s a pumpin’ like a matic ♪ | ♪七个隆咚锵 妖冶身姿上下晃♪ |
[18:24] | ♪ She’s movin’ like electric ♪ | ♪犹如电流漫身♪ |
[18:26] | ♪ She sure got the boogie ♪ | ♪轻盈可人♪ |
[18:28] | ♪ Ola ola eh, ola eh ♪ | ♪你好 你好 你好♪ |
[18:33] | ♪ Don dela don deloh! ♪ | ♪咚嘚啦咚咚♪ |
[18:52] | 琴·科克兰 心爱的妻子和女儿 | |
[18:56] | Are you shopping for a plot? | 你在物色墓地吗 |
[19:03] | I know what you did. | 我知道你做了什么 |
[19:06] | I don’t need or want your sympathies. | 我不需要也不想要你的同情 |
[19:09] | I wasn’t doing it for you. I was doing it for Jean. | 我不是为你 是为了琴 |
[19:13] | She asked me to look out for you. | 她叫我照顾你 |
[19:18] | Well, she asked me not to kill you. | 她叫我别杀你 |
[19:26] | You wanna know the real reason | 你想知道自从葬礼后 |
[19:28] | I haven’t been by since the funeral? | 我就没来过这里的真正原因吗 |
[19:34] | It’s just too damn hard. | 真是太难了 |
[19:39] | I thought I’d feel that way, | 我以为我也会有这样的感受 |
[19:42] | but this is… | 但在这儿… |
[19:46] | this is where I feel close to her. | 在这儿我才能感觉靠近她 |
[19:49] | This and– | 这个以及 |
[19:51] | and that and the boat. | 那个和船 |
[19:57] | As hard as it is for you to visit | 让你来探访很难 |
[20:00] | is as hard as it is for me to leave. | 让我离开也很难 |
[20:09] | Keep the boat. She’d want you to have it. | 船你留着吧 她会想给你的 |
[20:14] | Thank you, Tinsley. | 谢谢 廷斯利 |
[20:17] | Hey, would you mind coming by later to fix those wires, | 你晚点能来修那些电线吗 |
[20:21] | ’cause I don’t know how to do that. | 我不知道怎么弄 |
[20:23] | I know you can hear me! | 我知道你能听到我 |
[20:27] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[20:27] | I was hopeful that Singles Night | 我本希望在单身之夜 |
[20:29] | would end in a love connection, | 能擦出爱的火花 |
[20:31] | but I’ll settle for a family connection. | 不过家人”火花”我也满足了 |
[20:33] | That is not what happened here. | 你搞错情况了 |
[20:35] | I think you “doth protest too much.” | 我想你”辩解太多了” |
[20:38] | Hamlet said that in a Shakespear play, | 哈姆莱特在莎士比亚的一部剧里说的 |
[20:40] | everyone loses when your mother marries your uncle. | 当你妈妈嫁给你叔叔时 人人都是输家 |
[20:55] | What’s going on there? | 那边什么情况 |
[20:56] | Oh, just another fella in our family hitting the jackpot, | 不过是咱家又有人中大奖了 |
[20:59] | with a woman who’s out of his league. | 追到了心中的女神 |
[21:13] | Well, that was a fun Singles Night. | 单身之夜很有趣吧 |
[21:16] | Yeah, but Harper does have concerns | 是的 但哈珀有点担心 |
[21:18] | about dad as a father figure. | 爸爸的父亲形象 |
[21:20] | Pretty and smart. | 漂亮又聪明 |
[21:22] | You’re in a lot of trouble, son. | 你有大麻烦了 孩子 |