时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:01] | ♪ A-men ♪ | ♪阿门♪ |
[00:10] | – Wow. – Here it comes. | -哇 -接下来要吐槽了 |
[00:12] | “Wow, glad my wife is dead | “哇 真庆幸我老婆死了 |
[00:13] | so she didn’t have to hear that.” | 不用听你们这垃圾歌声” |
[00:15] | Actually, I was about to say, | 实际上 我要说的是 |
[00:16] | “Wow, you have never sounded better.” | “哇 你们从未唱得这么好过” |
[00:19] | Which is still a low bar. I’m sorry, I can’t help myself. | 这标准依然很低 抱歉 我情不自禁 |
[00:22] | So do you think we’re ready for regionals? | 你觉得我们够水平参加地区赛了吗 |
[00:24] | Absolutely, I think we have a shot at winning. | 当然 我甚至觉得我们有获胜的可能 |
[00:26] | There we go. | 太好了 |
[00:27] | Speaking of regionals, I have good news: | 说到地区赛 我有好消息要通知大家 |
[00:29] | I spoke to the pastor at our sister church in Lexington, | 我跟我们在列克星敦的姐妹教堂的牧师联系过了 |
[00:31] | and she said we could sleep on their sanctuary floor. | 她说我们可以睡在他们的教堂地板上 |
[00:34] | – Are you serious? – I know, right?! | -你是认真的吗 -很激动人心 对吧 |
[00:36] | It’ll be like camping in God’s tent. | 那就像在上帝的帐篷里露营 |
[00:38] | No, sleeping in a drafty church the night before a performance | 不 在比赛前夜睡在漏风的教堂里 |
[00:41] | would be terrible for your voices. | 会对你们的声音造成极为不利的影响 |
[00:43] | We can think of the draft as God blowing us a kiss. | 我们可以将漏风视作上帝吹来的亲吻 |
[00:46] | I’m not sleeping on the floor. | 我才不要睡在地板上 |
[00:48] | What am I? A dog? | 难道我是狗吗 |
[00:49] | – Or a Wayne? – None taken. | -或者韦恩 -我不介意 |
[00:51] | We don’t have enough money for a hotel. | 我们没钱住宾馆啊 |
[00:53] | Normally, I would offer to pay, | 通常我会主动提出付这钱 |
[00:54] | but I’m “Leveraged to the Max.” | 但我已经「把杠杆加到最大」了 |
[00:56] | Which, by the way, is the name | 顺便说下 这也是我把全部资金 |
[00:57] | of the expensive racehorse I invested all my money in. | 都押上的那匹昂贵赛马的名字 |
[01:00] | What if we raised the money? | 那我们可以筹款吗 |
[01:02] | I mean, we raise the roof all the time. | 毕竟 我们经常”款款”深情地高唱啊 |
[01:04] | What-what? | 这双关厉害吧 |
[01:07] | Or we could just have a bake sale. | 或者 我们也可以搞个烘焙售卖 |
[01:09] | Or a car wash. | 或是洗车活动 |
[01:10] | Or we make up a guy, | 或是编造出一个人 |
[01:12] | take out a credit card in his name, max it out, | 用他的名字办一张信用卡 把卡刷爆 |
[01:14] | then write his obituary. | 然后给他写个讣告 |
[01:16] | I’m thinking about calling him “Zachary P. Whisperbone.” | 我想着可以给他取名叫”扎克瑞·P·骨语者” |
[01:20] | No, we’re musicians. It needs to be music-related. | 不 我们是音乐人 必须跟音乐相关 |
[01:23] | You said “we.” | 你刚说了”我们” |
[01:25] | You feel like you belong. | 你现在有归属感了 |
[01:27] | We are an “us.” | 「我们」成了「我们大家」 |
[01:29] | Calm down, it’s just pronoun. It’s not a promise ring. | 淡定 那只是个代名词 又不是订婚戒指 |
[01:32] | Anyway I was reading this church choir blog | 话说我之前看到一个教堂唱诗班的博客 |
[01:35] | about raising money through a Hymn-A-Thon. | 上面提到通过「赞美诗马拉松」来筹钱 |
[01:38] | People pledge money for us to sing. | 人们会出钱请我们大家 |
[01:42] | – “Us.” – Walk away. | -「我们大家」 -滚远点 |
[01:43] | “Church choir blog.” | “教堂唱诗班的博客” |
[01:45] | Yeah, they have some really good ideas about choirs, | 没错 他们有一些关于唱诗班的绝佳主意 |
[01:47] | and terrible ideas about everything else. | 但关于其他事情的主意都糟糕透顶 |
[01:49] | Dibs on anything Beyonce, Madonna, Lizzo. | 碧昂斯 麦当娜和里佐的歌我全包了 |
[01:52] | It’s Rizzo, and no, we’re not doing anything from “Grease.” | 人家叫瑞佐 但不行 不能唱《油脂》里的歌曲 |
[01:56] | Traditional choir music only. | 只能唱传统的唱诗班歌曲 |
[01:57] | A Hymn-A-Thon! I love it! | 「赞美诗马拉松」 我太爱了 |
[01:59] | All in favor sing “I!” | 赞同的都一起唱”我” |
[02:01] | – ♪ I ♪ – ♪ I ♪ | -♪我♪ -♪我♪ |
[02:03] | – ♪ I ♪ – ♪ I ♪ | -♪我♪ -♪我♪ |
[02:05] | ♪ I! ♪ | ♪我♪ |
[02:09] | I just wanted to show off my range. | 我只是想卖弄一下我的音域而已 |
[02:11] | I think a Hymn-A-Thon is dumb as hell. | 我觉得「赞美诗马拉松」简直傻逼透顶 |
[02:24] | I’m so sorry to hear about Buster’s passing. | 我真的很遗憾巴斯特去世了 |
[02:28] | 21 is too young for a cat to die. | 21岁对一只猫来说真是英年早逝 |
[02:31] | Our choir would love to sing a hymn in his honor | 我们的唱诗班非常乐意唱一首赞美诗悼念它 |
[02:35] | for the low, low cost of $5. | 低价优惠 只需5美元 |
[02:39] | For $10, we can make it really special. | 如果你出10美元 我们可以弄得非常特别 |
[02:42] | Can I help you? | 有什么要帮忙的吗 |
[02:44] | A friend of mine lives nearby, | 我一个朋友住在附近 |
[02:46] | and I seem to have gotten a little bit lost. | 但我似乎有点迷路了 |
[02:48] | Yeah, you don’t look like you live this far from I-75. | 是啊 你看上去不像是本地人 |
[02:51] | What gave me away? The hat, | 是什么让我暴露了 是这帽子 |
[02:53] | the keen sense of intelligence that permeates every sentence, | 是夹杂在每个句子里的智慧 |
[02:55] | or the full set of teeth? | 还是这满口的好牙 |
[02:58] | Is that by chance your friend? | 那位不会就是你的朋友吧 |
[03:00] | The one man not in overalls? Yes. | 那个唯一没穿工装裤的男人 没错 |
[03:03] | Arthur! | 亚瑟 |
[03:04] | Tate! What are you doing here? | 塔特 你怎么会来这里 |
[03:07] | Music conference in Nashville. | 我要去纳什维尔参加音乐大会 |
[03:09] | I skipped out early just to see you. | 我为来探望你提前溜了 |
[03:11] | Plus, it was all downhill after the keynote speaker. | 再说了 那个主音发言者说完之后也没什么好听的了 |
[03:13] | – Were you the speaker? – I was. | -你就是那个发言者吧 -正是 |
[03:16] | My keynote was C-sharp. | 我的主音是升C |
[03:18] | It killed at the conference. | 在会议上大杀四方 |
[03:19] | Ginny, this is Tate Tippet, | 吉妮 这是塔特·迪比特 |
[03:21] | who is also an idiosyncratic Princeton music professor | 他也是一位与众不同的普林斯顿大学音乐系教授 |
[03:24] | who judges people harshly. | 他也会非常残酷地评判别人 |
[03:26] | Oh, cool, I’m so excited for there to be two of you. | 太好了 我好激动世上有两个你们这样的人呢 |
[03:29] | I wanna catch up, but if you’ll excuse me, | 我也想在这叙旧 但我得先失陪下 |
[03:31] | I left my car unlocked, and everyone in here | 我的车没锁 这里的每个人 |
[03:33] | looks like they could teach a master class in hot-wiring. | 似乎都是「利用短接启动偷车」方面的专家 |
[03:37] | Better safe than sorry. | 安全第一 总比后悔好 |
[03:39] | Aw, you have a friend. Isn’t that nice? | 你竟然还有朋友 真好啊 |
[03:41] | He is the only person on the whole campus | 他是整个学校唯一一个 |
[03:44] | who had my back when I was unfairly dismissed. | 当我被不公正地开除时支持我的人 |
[03:46] | Are we still calling that unfair? | 你还要说那是不公正的开除吗 |
[03:48] | I mean, didn’t you, like, throw a piece of furniture at a child? | 你不是朝一个孩子扔了一件家具吗 |
[03:51] | I gently tossed a chair that landed near a student. | 我只是轻轻地扔了把椅子 落在靠近学生的地方 |
[03:54] | It was student adjacent. | 最多只能算”邻近学生” |
[03:56] | I don’t mind if you talk back, | 我不介意你顶嘴 |
[03:57] | but please use your diaphragm. | 但麻烦你用横膈膜式呼吸法说话 |
[03:59] | Also, don’t talk back. | 另外 别顶嘴 |
[04:04] | I like this town for you. | 我觉得你在这小镇生活得很好啊 |
[04:05] | Might even be a little jealous | 我甚至有点嫉妒 |
[04:06] | that you got away from the rat race. | 你逃离了那种处处是竞争的残酷生活[老鼠比赛] |
[04:08] | Hey, Conly Fork has a rat race. | 话说 康利叉镇就有老鼠比赛呢 |
[04:11] | Thursdays by the big fork, | 每周四在大叉路那里举行 |
[04:12] | although a small possum owned by a powerful family | 不过 一个有权势的家庭养的一只小负鼠 |
[04:16] | wins every time. | 每次都会获胜 |
[04:17] | Wherever you go, you can’t get away from politics. | 无论躲在哪里 都躲不开政治 |
[04:19] | There is the hardened cynic I fell in love with. | 我就爱你这种愤世嫉俗的精辟妙语 |
[04:22] | Oh shoot. | 该死 |
[04:23] | I have to head over to the church for an all-night sing-a-long. | 我得去教堂参加一个通宵唱歌活动 |
[04:29] | Aw, you’re serious. | 原来你是说真的啊 |
[04:32] | Well, that’s too bad. | 那真是太遗憾了 |
[04:33] | I was hoping you’d come out and celebrate with me. | 我还希望你能出去跟我一起庆祝呢 |
[04:36] | You’re looking at the new chair of the music department. | 现在我是音乐系的新系主任了 |
[04:39] | What? | 什么 |
[04:41] | Congratulations! | 恭喜啊 |
[04:43] | Finally a visionary at the helm! | 管理层里总算有个有远见的人了 |
[04:46] | Thanks, man. | 谢谢你 兄弟 |
[04:46] | That means a lot coming from the best professor | 你这位经常从教职工冰箱里偷我午餐吃的 |
[04:50] | to ever steal my lunch from the faculty fridge. | 最出色的教授说这话 对我意义重大 |
[04:53] | Hey, that baba ghanoush was for everyone. | 嘿 那个茄子泥是给大家共享的 |
[04:55] | We need to celebrate. We should be drinking. | 我们得好好庆祝下 应该喝酒才对 |
[04:57] | We are drinking. | 我们现在就在喝酒啊 |
[04:58] | What if I were to tell you I know of a place | 如果我告诉你 我知道有个地方 |
[05:00] | that has bourbon and clean glasses? | 有波旁酒和干净的玻璃杯呢 |
[05:02] | – What if I would say, “hell yes.” – Hell yeah. | -那我会说”太棒了” -太棒了 |
[05:05] | I got us a great rate at a hotel in Lexington! | 我跟列克星敦的一个宾馆谈成了非常划算的价格 |
[05:09] | 马塞诸塞州和肯塔基州 各有一个叫列克星敦的地方 吉妮第一次是搞错了 | |
[05:09] | And then I got us a good rate | 然后我又重新跟肯塔基州的 |
[05:11] | at a hotel in Lexington, Kentucky! | 列克星敦的一个宾馆谈成了非常划算的价格 |
[05:13] | So, all we gotta do is raise 1,000 bucks, | 所以 我们只需要筹到一千美元 |
[05:16] | and we will be all set. | 然后就一切妥当了 |
[05:18] | Ooo, this’ll help us keep track. | 这可以帮我们查看筹款进度 |
[05:21] | Fancy. | 有档次 |
[05:22] | I think it’s cute you think you know what fancy is. | 你竟然自以为知道”有档次”是什么意思 真萌 |
[05:24] | I just hooked us up to our social media page | 我刚连上了我们的社交网站主页 |
[05:26] | – so people can watch us sing. – Oh, no! | -这样大家就能看到我们唱歌了 -不要啊 |
[05:29] | My gram gram follows us, and she’s a huge troll. | 我奶奶关注了我们 她是个网络喷子 |
[05:31] | Hey, uh, change of plans. | 嘿 计划有变 |
[05:34] | Uh, I can help you guys get ready, | 我可以帮你们做准备 |
[05:35] | but I gotta take my buddy out to celebrate his promotion. | 但我必须带我兄弟出去庆祝他的升职 |
[05:38] | Not to oversell, but everything in my life depends on this. | 不是故意说得严重 但我这辈子的一切就看这回了 |
[05:42] | Shoulders back. | 肩膀往后收起 |
[05:42] | You’re bailing on the Hymn-A-Thon? | 你要弃「赞美诗马拉松」于不顾吗 |
[05:44] | Tate has always been my biggest booster– | 塔特一直都是我最大的支持者 |
[05:46] | lose the gum– they promoted him to chair… | 把口香糖吐掉 他们升他坐上了头把交椅 |
[05:49] | So you wanna throw him? | 所以你想把他这把交椅也扔了 |
[05:50] | Of the department. Shut up. | 是音乐系的头把交椅 闭嘴 |
[05:52] | So I’m gonna to take him out. | 所以我要带他出去 |
[05:52] | I’m gonna show him a good time, I’m gonna get my job back, | 我要带他玩得很开心 那样我就能拿回我的工作 |
[05:55] | and finally I can pull myself out of the muck. | 然后我终于可以逃离这个粪坑了 |
[05:57] | Are we the muck? | 你是说我们是粪坑吗 |
[05:59] | No, you’re the–the gross creatures who befriended me | 不 你们是我在粪坑里的时候 |
[06:03] | when I was in the muck, and I will never forget you. | 跟我做朋友的恶心生物 我永远不会忘记你们的 |
[06:07] | Hit middle C. You know where middle C is? | 来个中央C音 你知道中央C音在哪儿吗 |
[06:09] | That’s it, that’s your anchor. | 就是这个 以这个为准绳 |
[06:11] | Stay close to that. You guys are gonna be great. | 保持跟这个音接近 你们一定会很棒的 |
[06:13] | Appreciate it. | 非常感谢 |
[06:14] | Yeah, I got a note. | 好吧 我倒是有个调子要唱出来 |
[06:15] | – ♪ You suck ♪ – ♪ You suck ♪ | -♪你个烂人♪ -♪你个烂人♪ |
[06:19] | ♪ You suck ♪ | ♪你个烂人♪ |
[06:25] | I can’t believe Arthur abandoned us. | 我真不敢相信亚瑟抛弃了我们 |
[06:27] | Although, to be fair, it falls in line | 不过说句实在话 这完全符合 |
[06:28] | with every other terrible aspect of his personality. | 他恶劣人品的其他每一个方面 |
[06:31] | Never trust a man with that many decorative scarves. | 永远不要信任一个有那么多装饰性围巾的男人 |
[06:34] | Who’s he think he is? Johnny Depp? | 他以为他是谁啊 约翰尼·德普吗 |
[06:36] | He can’t out-scarf Depp. No one can. | 他的围巾不可能比德普还多 没人比他多 |
[06:38] | You can try, but Depp will just put on another scarf, | 你可以试试 但德普马上会再戴一条新围巾 |
[06:41] | and where does that leave you? I’ll tell you. | 然后你处于什么情况呢 我来告诉你 |
[06:43] | One scarf behind Depp. | 又比德普落后一条围巾 |
[06:45] | Okay, enough. Ya’ll! | 好了 够了 你们大家 |
[06:46] | We can do this! | 我们可以做到的 |
[06:48] | Remember when Arthur said “we”? | 还记得亚瑟说「我们」的样子吗 |
[06:50] | I will lead us. | 我来带领我们大家 |
[06:51] | We got along fine before Arthur. | 在亚瑟来之前我们也做得挺好啊 |
[06:53] | We can do it again. So now, let’s get out there, | 我们可以再次做到的 现在 我们一起出去 |
[06:56] | and let’s sing like nobody’s watching! | 像没人在看着一样放声高歌 |
[06:58] | – Yeah! – But hopefully they will be! | -好耶 -但希望还是有人看 |
[07:00] | Yeah! | 好耶 |
[07:00] | Can I get a what-what? | 能说个「厉害了」吗 |
[07:02] | – What? – What? | -什么 -什么 |
[07:04] | That’s the spirit! | 就要这种精神才对 |
[07:06] | – Bibs, the usual. – You have a usual? | -比布斯 老一套 -你在这都有老一套了啊 |
[07:09] | Amazing. Make it two. | 太棒了 来两份吧 |
[07:10] | Okay, so four Winter Creek Bourbons, neat. | 好的 四杯冬溪波旁酒 纯的 |
[07:13] | Comin’ up. | 马上就来 |
[07:14] | Bibs, you’re looking at | 比布斯 你眼前这位 |
[07:15] | the best instrumentalist in all of North America. | 是整个北美最出色的器乐演奏家 |
[07:17] | – Jazz, Piano– – Industrial bassoon– | -爵士乐 钢琴 -工业大管 |
[07:19] | Ska sitar. | 斯卡曲风 西塔琴 |
[07:21] | So what’s it gonna take to get this guy in the lineup tonight? | 要怎样才能让这家伙今晚有上台演出的机会 |
[07:23] | Aw, I don’t know. It’s cover band night. | 我不知道 今晚是翻唱乐队之夜 |
[07:26] | I don’t wanna bump Shammy Hagar. | 我可不想把沙米·哈加给挤掉 |
[07:27] | Bibs, you gotta help me out here. | 比布斯 你得帮我这个忙 |
[07:29] | I need to butter this guy up. | 我需要讨好这家伙 |
[07:30] | He may have a job for me at Princeton, | 他或许能在普林斯顿大学给我一份工作 |
[07:32] | which means you will never have to listen to someone say, | 这意味着你以后再也不用听到有人说 |
[07:34] | “could you please switch the TV to the opera channel,” ever again. | “能把电视调到歌剧台吗” |
[07:39] | Hey, Mr. Sitar! You’re up next. | 嘿 西塔琴先生 下一个你上 |
[07:43] | – Hello world! – Hi. | -你好 世界 -嗨 |
[07:44] | We are the Second First Church Choir, | 我们是2号第一教堂唱诗班的 |
[07:47] | and we welcome you to our all night Hymn-A-Thon. | 欢迎来到我们的通宵「赞美诗马拉松」 |
[07:50] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[07:50] | Ooh, look! A little heart is floating! | 快看啊 小心心在乱飞哎 |
[07:53] | Social media love is addictive. | 社交媒体的爱真让人上瘾 |
[07:56] | But not as addictive as God’s love. | 但没有上帝的爱那么让人上瘾 |
[08:01] | Our first hymn is dedicated to Mrs. Elliot’s cat, Buster, | 我们的第一首赞美诗献给埃略特夫人的猫巴斯特 |
[08:06] | who died doing what he loved: | 它在做它最爱的事时死去了 |
[08:09] | having diabetes. | 也就是糖尿病 |
[08:11] | ♪ All things bright and beautiful ♪ | ♪一切光明和美好的东西♪ |
[08:15] | ♪ All creatures great and small ♪ | ♪一切庞大和渺小的生物♪ |
[08:20] | ♪ All things wise and wonderful ♪ | ♪一切明智和美妙的东西♪ |
[08:24] | ♪ The lord God made them all ♪ | ♪都是上帝创造的♪ |
[08:39] | I was pissed when I got bumped, | 我被挤掉时本来很生气 |
[08:41] | but I’ll be honest, this guy’s good! | 但说实话 这家伙太棒了 |
[08:44] | I’m trying to give my buddy a good night. | 我想让我兄弟享受美好的一晚 |
[08:46] | If you ask for an encore, I’ll buy your next beer. | 如果你喊「再表演一次」 下杯啤酒我请客 |
[08:53] | What are we, like, the lamest house frat on campus? | 我们难道是大学校里最垃圾的兄弟会吗 |
[08:56] | These pledges suck. | 这筹款额也太差劲了啊 |
[08:57] | Come on, Conley Fork! Send us to regionals. | 给力啊 康利叉镇 让我们参加地区赛吧 |
[09:00] | – Come on! – Please, please! | -拜托了 -求你们了 |
[09:04] | “I will donate $5 if everyone stops speaking, | “我愿意捐赠5美元 前提是大家都闭嘴 |
[09:07] | and the big guy with the voice says my name.” | 然后让那个大块头叫我的名字” |
[09:11] | “Not him.” | “不是他” |
[09:13] | Oh, rude. | 真无礼 |
[09:18] | Joanne. | 乔安 |
[09:20] | Keep going. | 继续说 |
[09:21] | – Come on. – It’s working. | -快说啊 -真的有用 |
[09:24] | Joanne. | 乔安 |
[09:27] | All right! They loved you. | 太棒了 他们都很爱你 |
[09:30] | I haven’t seen them that worked up | 我好久没见他们这么激动过了 |
[09:31] | since the “Suzanne Duran” reunion. | 上次还是苏珊`杜兰的重聚演出 |
[09:34] | Fun crowd. You should get up there. | 这些人真有趣 你也应该上台表演 |
[09:35] | If I killed it, you could at least wound it. | 如果说我大杀四方 你至少也能让他们激动出血 |
[09:38] | Tate, let’s cut to the chase. | 塔特 我们就有话直说吧 |
[09:40] | I know you came here with an agenda. | 我知道你来这里是有事找我 |
[09:42] | You do? | 你知道吗 |
[09:43] | Yeah, nobody comes to Kentucky voluntarily. | 是啊 没人会主动跑来鸟不拉屎的肯塔基州 |
[09:45] | Not even LSU. | 连路易斯安娜州立大学校队都不愿来 |
[09:47] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:48] | Tate, yes, of course, I’d love to. | 塔特 当然了 我愿意 |
[09:51] | I forgive them. Show me where to sign. | 我原谅他们 告诉我在哪里签字就好 |
[09:53] | I don’t care about the salary. | 我不在乎薪水有多少 |
[09:59] | You– | 你… |
[10:00] | you think I’m here to offer you a job? | 你以为我是来给你一个工作机会的吗 |
[10:01] | I did… | 本来是的 |
[10:04] | until just now. | 但现在不这么认为了 |
[10:07] | I don’t know how to put this delicately… | 我不知道该怎么委婉地跟你说 |
[10:10] | So I won’t. Your career is dead, | 那我就不委婉了 你的职业生涯已毁 |
[10:12] | and you’re never gonna teach again at Princeton. | 你永远别想再回普林斯顿大学教书 |
[10:14] | Encore! | 再表演一次 |
[10:16] | I know this is not great timing. | 我知道现在不是说这个的时候 |
[10:22] | Shammy Hagar, do me a favor. | 沙米·哈加 帮我个忙 |
[10:24] | Plunge that pint glass into my skull. | 直接用这玻璃杯砸我的脑袋 |
[10:31] | Gotta give the people what they want. | 总得满足人民的热切请求啊 |
[10:33] | Encore! | 再表演一次 |
[10:34] | I’m not buying you any more beer. | 我不会再给你买啤酒了 |
[10:36] | Withdrawn. | 撤回 |
[10:37] | So you came all this way | 所以你大老远跑来 |
[10:38] | just to rub my face in my non-existent future? | 就为了拿我不存在的未来奚落我 |
[10:41] | No, I came all this way | 不 我大老远跑来 |
[10:44] | to get you to sign a letter of apology, | 是想让你签一下这封道歉信 |
[10:46] | indemnifying the school from any legal action. | 以免让学校陷入法律纠纷 |
[10:50] | Apology? For what? | 道歉 道什么歉 |
[10:51] | You always said students were a bunch of snowflakes | 你总说学生是一片片脆弱的雪花 |
[10:54] | who needed to toughen up. | 需要让他们变得强硬 |
[10:55] | They do, but– | 的确 但是 |
[10:57] | times have changed. | 时代变了 |
[10:59] | We just gave a professor paid leave | 我们刚让一个教授带薪休假了 |
[11:01] | while we investigate her use of the term “flame retardant.” | 因为我们在调查她批评一个学生是”火花阻燃剂” |
[11:05] | I thought you had my back. | 我以为你是支持我的 |
[11:06] | Actually, yeah, I did, but I’m an administrator now. | 确实 我当时是 但现在我是管理层的 |
[11:10] | I gotta make an example of you. | 我要拿你开刀 以儆效尤 |
[11:11] | I can’t believe Tate Tippet sold me out for a paycheck. | 真难以相信塔特·迪比特为了工资出卖我 |
[11:13] | In my defense, | 我得为自己辩解下 |
[11:15] | it’s a really big paycheck. | 那工资真的很高 |
[11:19] | You seriously won’t sign? | 你真的不签 |
[11:21] | I may be screwed, but so are you. | 我可能完了 但你也好不到哪儿去 |
[11:24] | Hey, man, you see that guy at the bar | 伙计 看到酒吧那边那个家伙了吧 |
[11:27] | who spent $300 on that stupid fedora? | 他花了三百大洋买了那顶傻不啦叽的软毡帽 |
[11:30] | He just told me he thinks he could take you, easy. | 他刚跟我说 他能轻轻松松干趴你 |
[11:33] | Nobody takes Sqwatchy easy. | 没人可以轻松干趴斯夸奇 |
[11:37] | Yeah, you don’t need that. | 好吧 你不需要球杆当武器 |
[11:40] | ♪ Oh, hallelujah ♪ | ♪哈利路亚♪ |
[11:43] | ♪ Great is thy faithfulness ♪ | ♪祢的信实广大♪ |
[11:48] | ♪ Oh, God, my father ♪ | ♪上帝啊 我的天父♪ |
[11:52] | ♪ Thou changest not ♪ | ♪祢不改变♪ |
[11:56] | ♪ Thy compassions… ♪ | ♪祢慈爱永不转移♪ |
[11:59] | This is Brian. | 我是布莱恩 |
[12:00] | Hi, yes, I’m calling from the Second First Church. | 你好 我是2号第一教堂的 |
[12:03] | – Hi, Ginny! – Oh, you remembered! | -你好 吉妮 -你还记得啊 |
[12:05] | Well, you call more than Kevin, | 你比凯文打得还勤 |
[12:06] | and he’s obsessed with me. | 他对我很着迷 |
[12:08] | He sounds nice. Uh, quick question. | 他听上去似乎还不错 快速问一下 |
[12:11] | If we were to extend our stay to four nights, | 如果我们住四晚 |
[12:13] | what rate would you be able to give us? | 你能给我们什么折扣 |
[12:15] | I could knock another $10 off the nightly rate. | 我可以每晚再给你们减十块钱 |
[12:18] | Okay, good, do that–now cancel those two extra nights. | 很好 那就减吧 然后现在取消多的两晚 |
[12:21] | I’m so glad we could lock this rate in. | 很高兴我们能定到这个价 |
[12:22] | Say hi to Kevin for me! | 替我向凯文问好 |
[12:25] | ♪ All unto… ♪ | ♪万人来♪ |
[12:29] | ♪ Me ♪ | ♪归我♪ |
[12:37] | Guys, great news. | 各位 好消息 |
[12:39] | I got the hotel to lower their rate again. | 我让酒店又给我们打折了 |
[12:41] | – Hell yeah. – How’s it going out here? | -太好了 -你们这里怎么样了 |
[12:43] | Be doing a lot better if we maxed out Zach Whisperbone’s Amex. | 要是我们把扎克·骨语者的信用卡刷爆会好很多 |
[12:48] | Kimberly said she’d give us $20 right now | 金伯莉刚说 如果大块头 |
[12:51] | if, “the big guy says her name in a disapproving tone.” | 用否定语气说她的名字 她就给我们打赏二十块 |
[12:56] | When are you gonna learn it’s never you? | 你什么时候才能明白永远不是指你 |
[12:59] | This is starting to weird me out. | 我开始觉得很尴尬很羞耻了 |
[13:02] | I don’t wanna kink shame, | 我不想羞辱有怪异性癖好的人 |
[13:03] | but these women are not making it easy. | 但这些女人真让我有点招架不住 |
[13:05] | Well, tough noogies. | 给我坚强起来 |
[13:06] | From here on, there’s no turning down any requests. | 从现在开始 不得拒绝任何要求 |
[13:10] | We are the Second First Choir, | 我们是2号第一唱诗班 |
[13:12] | and we will do anything for money. | 只要给钱 让我们做什么都可以 |
[13:15] | Oh, God, not that. | 天呐 这个不行 |
[13:16] | Dwayne, come on. Get up here, you got this. | 德韦恩 过来 上去吧 你可以的 |
[13:19] | 金伯莉423 我要大块头用否定语气 说我的名字 6美元 | |
[13:21] | Kimberly, Kimberly, Kimberly. | 金伯莉 金伯莉 金伯莉 |
[13:25] | You better than that. | 你没那么低贱 |
[13:26] | $5 to eat a ghost pepper? Heck yeah. | 吃印度鬼椒得5美元 当然愿意啦 |
[13:33] | You got this! | 你可以的 |
[13:34] | ♪ A mighty fortress is our God ♪ | ♪全能的神要作我们坚固的保障♪ |
[13:38] | ♪ Hey! ♪ | ♪嘿♪ |
[13:39] | ♪ A mighty fortress is our God ♪ | ♪上帝是我们坚固的堡垒♪ |
[13:43] | ♪ He’s our God. ♪ | ♪祂是我们的神♪ |
[13:44] | ♪ A bulwark never failing ♪ | ♪堡垒永不倒塌♪ |
[13:45] | 娜塔莉·迪温普 打赏10美元让德韦恩 说我的名字 | |
[13:45] | Another one, really? | 又来 真的假的 |
[13:48] | ♪ He never fails ♪ | ♪祂从不让人失望♪ |
[13:48] | Natalie DeWimple. | 娜塔莉·迪温普 |
[13:50] | ♪ A helper he ♪ ♪ Whoo-whoo! ♪ | ♪在洪水中♪ ♪呜呼♪ |
[13:52] | ♪ Amid the floods ♪ | ♪祂帮助我们♪ |
[13:53] | ♪ That’s going to build an ark ♪ | ♪那将建造一艘方舟♪ |
[13:55] | ♪ Of mortal ills prevailing ♪ | ♪致命疾病流行♪ |
[13:58] | Gram gram, I know that’s you, and that is rude. | 奶奶 我知道是你 你这样太无礼了 |
[13:59] | ♪ He always prevails ♪ | ♪祂总是占据上风♪ |
[14:01] | ♪ His craft and power are great ♪ | ♪祂的技艺和力量无穷♪ |
[14:03] | Linda Bellini, come on down. | 琳达·贝尼尼 来吧 |
[14:04] | 鲍勃·贝克粉丝62 说一下 《价格猜猜看》里的琳达·贝尼尼的名字打赏20.01美元 | |
[14:06] | You’re the next contestant on “The Price is Right.” | 你将成为《价格猜猜看》的下一位嘉宾 |
[14:09] | ♪ On earth is not his equal ♪ | ♪地球上没有祂的对手♪ |
[14:15] | I’m just saying, Brian, | 我想说 布莱恩 |
[14:16] | if you knock another $10 off the room rate, | 如果房费你再给我们减十块 |
[14:19] | we could get the word out | 我们就帮你宣传 |
[14:20] | about your great establishment. | 你的酒店很好 |
[14:22] | ♪ The Lexington Inn is the place to stay ♪ | ♪列克星敦酒店很好♪ |
[14:25] | ♪ For business pleasure, or a fun getaway ♪ | ♪适合商业洽谈 旅游休闲♪ |
[14:28] | ♪ People say it’s a little slice of heaven ♪ | ♪人们说它是个小小天堂♪ |
[14:31] | 凯文1988 我知道你在看 布莱恩 不要屏蔽我的电话 | |
[14:31] | ♪ But don’t sleep in, ’cause checkout’s at 11:00 ♪ | ♪但别睡过头了 退房时间是11点♪ |
[14:37] | I don’t know all the hymns, | 我虽不知晓所有的赞美诗 |
[14:39] | but I’m pretty sure that’s not one of them. | 但我相当确定这首不是赞美诗 |
[14:41] | Arthur. You came back. | 亚瑟 你回来了 |
[14:43] | People are just paying us to do weird crap now. | 现在人们打赏让我们做奇奇怪怪的事 |
[14:46] | It’s a career I never knew I wanted. | 我以前从没意识到我想要这样的事业 |
[14:48] | Even with all that we’re still $348 short of our goal. | 即便如此 我们离目标还差348美元 |
[14:51] | It’s actually $353. | 其实是353美元 |
[14:54] | My dad wouldn’t pay once I threw up the ghost pepper. | 我把鬼椒吐出来一次 我爸不肯给钱 |
[14:56] | It’s the middle of the night. | 现在大半夜的 |
[14:58] | Junior is asleep on the church floor, | 小朱在教堂地板上睡着了 |
[15:00] | which is what we were trying to avoid in the first place. | 我们最初就是为了避免睡地板才搞这筹款活动的 |
[15:02] | Yeah, can we just call it quits? | 是啊 能到此为止了吗 |
[15:04] | I don’t want to be here. | 我不想再待在这里了 |
[15:05] | No, no, no, no, no. We can’t call it quits. | 不不不 我们不能甩手不干了 |
[15:09] | We came here to sing. | 我们来这里是为了唱歌 |
[15:11] | That’s what we’re gonna do. | 我们接下来就要这么做 |
[15:13] | Is this the place we really wanna be right now? | 这真是我们现在想待的地方吗 |
[15:17] | No, of course not, | 不 当然不是 |
[15:19] | but if all of our other options have been taken away, yeah. | 但是我们没得选的时候 它就是 |
[15:24] | So I’m gonna conduct. | 我来指挥 |
[15:27] | And we’re– | 我们要 |
[15:27] | 打赏7.5美元唱《假如感到幸福你就拍拍手》 康妮·福克GMA | |
[15:32] | Gonna sing “If You’re Happy and You Know It.” | 唱《假如感到幸福你就拍拍手》 |
[15:41] | ♪ If you’re happy ♪ | ♪假如感到♪ |
[15:43] | ♪ And you know it clap your hands ♪ | ♪幸福你就拍拍手♪ |
[15:46] | Everybody! | 大伙一起 |
[15:48] | ♪ If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands ♪ | ♪如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手♪ |
[15:53] | ♪ If you’re happy and you know it, clap your hands ♪ | ♪如果感到幸福 你就拍拍手♪ |
[15:58] | If you’re happy, and you know it! | 如果你幸福 并且你心里很清楚 |
[16:00] | I can’t see his face. Is he happy? | 我看不到他的脸 他幸福吗 |
[16:06] | So, um, I’m guessing you didn’t get the job? | 我猜你没得到那份工作是吗 |
[16:10] | That job or any other apparently, | 那份工作 和其他工作都没得到 |
[16:14] | and now the whole world knows. | 而且现在全世界都知道了 |
[16:16] | Oh, no. No, no, no. | 不 不不不 |
[16:18] | It’s just Junior’s extended family and a bunch of pervs. | 只有小朱的超大家庭和一群变态知道 |
[16:20] | – I’m sorry, Arthur. – No! | -真遗憾 亚瑟 -不必 |
[16:22] | I thought I was so important that the rules didn’t apply to me. | 我以为自己重要到能凌驾于规则之上 |
[16:25] | It’s hubris. | 真是狂妄自大 |
[16:26] | Like Oedipus! | 像俄狄浦斯一样 |
[16:28] | It was a trivia question on my string cheese. | 这是我的奶酪串上的小问答 |
[16:30] | I deserved to get fired. I’m a dick. | 我活该被开除 我是个混球 |
[16:32] | Well, the first step to healing is admitting it. | 治疗的第一步就是承认错误 |
[16:35] | Unless you committed a crime, then it’s deny, deny, deny. | 除非你犯了罪 那就得是矢口否认 |
[16:39] | And the fact you feel bad about it | 而且你对此感到愧疚 |
[16:40] | shows just how much you’ve grown. | 说明你成长了很多 |
[16:42] | I was kinda hoping someone was gonna object | 我还希望有人能反对我说的 |
[16:43] | to the whole, “I’m a dick,” thing. | “我是个混球”这句呢 |
[16:45] | I do, but only because I have | 我想反对 但那是因为我有 |
[16:47] | more clever and specific insults. | 更绝妙和精确的脏话 |
[16:50] | Kimberly said she’ll pay $10 to hear those insults. | 金伯莉说她愿意花十块钱听那些脏话 |
[16:53] | I got you, girl. | 没问题 姐们儿 |
[16:55] | Hey, guys, I know I said that | 各位 我知道我说过 |
[16:56] | we should do anything to get to regionals, | 我们应该不惜一切进入地区赛 |
[16:58] | but we don’t turn on our friends | 但我们不能在朋友最需要我们时 |
[17:00] | when they need us the most. | 弃他们于不顾 |
[17:03] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:05] | And when you feel better, | 等你感觉好些后 |
[17:06] | we should have some words, because you are a real dick. | 我们应该好好谈谈 因为你真的是个混球 |
[17:09] | Look, I can’t un-toss the chair. | 听着 我没法收回扔出的椅子 |
[17:13] | I can’t un-abandon the Hymn-A-Thon, | 我也无法收回抛下「赞美诗马拉松」的行为 |
[17:15] | and the fact that that doesn’t sound strange to me | 而且这话竟然听着不觉得奇怪了 |
[17:18] | means I’ve been in Kentucky too long. | 说明我在肯塔基待太久了 |
[17:20] | But what I can do, is I can help you raise this money. | 不过我能做的 是帮你们筹集资金 |
[17:25] | Alas, our churchgoing audience is asleep. | 惨了 来教堂的信众都已经睡了 |
[17:28] | Why did we do this | 我们为什么要在 |
[17:28] | from 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM instead of the other way around? | 晚7点到早7点之间干这个 而不是反过来 |
[17:32] | Because I look good as hell in these pajamas. | 因为我穿这些睡衣美炸了 |
[17:34] | They’re not churchgoing people, but I do know a place | 他们不来教堂 但我知道一个地方 |
[17:37] | where there is an audience that’s awake. | 那里的观众还醒着 |
[17:39] | I know you’re probably thinking the prison, | 我知道你们可能想的是监狱 |
[17:41] | but they actually make you go to bed earlier than you think. | 但狱警其实很早就让大家去睡觉了 |
[17:44] | ♪ I do my hair toss, check my nails ♪ | ♪甩甩秀发 看看美甲♪ |
[17:47] | ♪ Baby, how you feelin’? Feelin’ good as heck ♪ | ♪宝贝 你感觉如何 飘飘欲仙♪ |
[17:50] | ♪ Hair toss, check my nails, baby, how you feelin’? ♪ | ♪甩甩秀发 看看美甲 宝贝 你感觉如何♪ |
[17:53] | ♪ Feelin’ good as heck ♪ | ♪飘飘欲仙♪ |
[17:55] | ♪ (Ooh, child) tired of the bullcrap ♪ | ♪(姑娘) 厌倦了瞎话♪ |
[17:58] | All right, all right. | 好吧 好吧 |
[18:00] | Thank you, Bibs. How ’bout them, huh? | 谢谢 比布斯 她们怎么样 |
[18:05] | ♪ Come on, now, dry your eyes, | ♪来吧 擦干眼泪♪ |
[18:07] | ♪ You know you a star, you can touch the sky ♪ | ♪你就是明星 能摘星揽月♪ |
[18:09] | ♪ I know that it’s hard, but you have to try ♪ | ♪我知道很难 但你要尝试♪ |
[18:12] | ♪ If you need advice let me simplify ♪ | ♪如果你要建议 我就长话短说♪ |
[18:14] | You know, if you still have that letter of apology, | 如果那封道歉信还在的话 |
[18:18] | I’ll sign it. | 我愿意签 |
[18:20] | That’s…unexpected. | 这太…出乎意料了 |
[18:23] | Bibs, you got a pen? | 比布斯 你有笔吗 |
[18:24] | ♪ I do my hair toss, check my nails ♪ | ♪甩甩秀发 看看美甲♪ |
[18:27] | ♪ Baby, how you feelin’? Feelin’ good as heck! ♪ | ♪宝贝 你感觉如何 飘飘欲仙♪ |
[18:30] | ♪ Hair toss, check my nails, baby, how you feelin’? ♪ | ♪甩甩秀发 看看美甲 宝贝 你感觉如何♪ |
[18:33] | ♪ Feelin’ good as heck! ♪ | ♪飘飘欲仙♪ |
[18:35] | Look, I really appreciate you doing this for me. | 听着 我很感激你为我这么做 |
[18:37] | Oh, I’m not doing it for you. | 我这么做可不是为了你 |
[18:38] | I’m doing it ’cause it’s the right thing to do. | 我这么做是因为这是正确的事 |
[18:40] | I’m doing it because this is the place I belong. | 我这么做是因为我属于这里 |
[18:45] | ♪ Boss up and change your life ♪ | ♪昂首挺胸 改变生活♪ |
[18:47] | ♪ You can have it all, no sacrifice ♪ | ♪坐享一切 决不妥协♪ |
[18:49] | ♪ I know he did you wrong, we can make it right ♪ | ♪我知道他辜负了你 我们可以让你重获幸福♪ |
[18:52] | I got friends– | 我有朋友 |
[18:53] | Sorry. To be clear, | 抱歉 先说清楚 |
[18:55] | I don’t care why you’re doing it, just that you are. | 我不在乎你为什么这么做 我只在乎你做了 |
[18:59] | ♪ So walk your fine rear out the door ♪ | ♪扭扭翘臀 潇洒地走出门♪ |
[19:02] | What a —-. | 人渣 |
[19:03] | ♪ Walk your fine rear out the door ♪ | ♪扭扭翘臀 潇洒地走出门♪ |
[19:06] | ♪ And do your hair toss, check my nails ♪ | ♪然后你甩甩秀发 看看美甲♪ |
[19:10] | ♪ Baby, how you feelin’? Feelin’ good as heck! ♪ | ♪宝贝 你感觉如何 飘飘欲仙♪ |
[19:12] | ♪ I do my hair toss, check my nails ♪ | ♪甩甩秀发 看看美甲♪ |
[19:15] | ♪ Baby how you feelin’? Feelin’ good as heck! ♪ | ♪宝贝 你感觉如何 飘飘欲仙♪ |
[19:17] | ♪ Hair toss, check my nails, baby, how you feelin’? ♪ | ♪甩甩秀发 看看美甲 宝贝 你感觉如何♪ |
[19:21] | ♪ Feelin’ good as heck! ♪ | ♪飘飘欲仙♪ |
[19:22] | ♪ Hair toss, check my nails, baby, how you feelin’? ♪ | ♪甩甩秀发 看看美甲 宝贝 你感觉如何♪ |
[19:26] | ♪ Feelin’ good as heck! ♪ | ♪飘飘欲仙♪ |
[19:28] | ♪ Baby, how you feelin’? Feelin’ good as heck! ♪ | ♪宝贝 你感觉如何 飘飘欲仙♪ |
[19:44] | I am beat. | 我累坏了 |
[19:46] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[19:47] | I’m so tired, I’ve forgone the perfect opportunity | 我都累到忘了利用这个绝佳的机会 |
[19:50] | to draw a penis on Junior’s forehead. | 在小朱的脑门上画个大鸡鸡 |
[19:53] | No, I’ll never be that tired. | 不 这事我永远不嫌累 |
[19:56] | Next time we do a Hymn-A-Thon | 下次我们举行「赞美诗马拉松」时 |
[19:57] | can we not do it before I have a morning shift? | 别选我上白班的前一夜行吗 |
[20:00] | – That’s like your fifth cup. – You got that right. | -这是你第五杯咖啡了 -你说的不错 |
[20:02] | Why don’t you just get an enema? | 你不如直接灌肠得了 |
[20:04] | You put it on the menu, I’ll order it. | 你把这个加到菜单里 我就点 |
[20:06] | I should take this. | 我该接一下 |
[20:08] | Dang it, Brian, | 该死的 布莱恩 |
[20:09] | you better not be calling to take back your offer. | 你最好不是打电话来收回你给的优惠条件 |
[20:11] | We had a verbal contract. That’s a thing idn’t it? | 我们有口头合同 那种东西是存在的 对吧 |
[20:14] | It is, and we have a firm no backsies policy. | 是的 而且我们有坚决不反悔的原则 |
[20:17] | Oh, kindergarten rules. I respect that. | 幼儿园规矩 我欣赏 |
[20:20] | You’ve a tough negotiator. | 你讨价还价可真厉害 |
[20:22] | In fact, I know this may sound crazy, | 事实上 我知道这听起来很疯狂 |
[20:24] | but would you be interested in interviewing | 但你在列克星敦时是否有兴趣 |
[20:26] | for assistant manager when you’re in Lexington? | 参加助理经理的职位面试 |
[20:29] | Oh, yes. | 当然 |
[20:30] | I mean I definitely would love to interview. | 我非常乐意参加面试 |
[20:33] | I mean–maybe, if it’s convenient for me. | 我是说 可能吧 如果我方便的话 |
[20:36] | You’re literally going to be staying here. | 反正你之后要住在这酒店 |
[20:39] | What’s stopping you? | 还有什么不方便 |
[20:44] | I’m sorry, uh. I have to think about it. | 抱歉 我得考虑下 |
[20:46] | I’ll see you next week. | 我们下周见 |
[20:50] | Oh, that was just normal old hotel confirmation business. | 刚才就是个普通的旧宾馆确认 |
[20:54] | You know, numbers, letters, J, q, | 你懂的 数字啊 字母啊 J Q |
[20:58] | seven– You all set here? | 7 你不需要什么了吧 |
[21:00] | Actually, I want some more. | 其实 我还想来点 |
[21:02] | I finally took your advice | 我终于接受了你的建议 |
[21:03] | and wiped up the gravy with my biscuit. | 把肉汁涂在了饼干上 |
[21:06] | You sopped! | 你泡饼干了 |
[21:08] | You’re on the clock. | 你还没下班呢 |
[21:10] | You know if you guys can live the rest of your lives | 知道吗 如果你们能在康利叉镇 |
[21:13] | in Conley Fork, so can I. | 过完下半辈子 那我也行 |
[21:16] | It is full of the best people that I know. | 这里全是我认识的最棒的人 |
[21:18] | You guys gotta check out this masterpiece I just drew. | 你们得去欣赏下我刚画好的大作 |
[21:21] | I call it the “Boner Lisa.” | 我称之为「巨屌丽莎」 |