英文名称:Pieces of a Woman
年代:2020
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:24] | [horn wailing] | |
[01:31] | Up! | 吊上去! |
[01:33] | Tommy, take it up! | 汤米 把它吊上去! |
[01:37] | He’s big-dealing the fuck out of every lift, Bob. You put him in. | 鲍勃 不管吊什么 他都慢吞吞的 他是你招进来的 |
[01:41] | If every pillar takes four days, you’re looking at a six-month delay. | 如果每根柱子都要花四天时间 工期就会推迟半年 |
[01:45] | That’s your guy. | 那是你招的人 |
[01:46] | [Robert] You need to calm down, brother. | 你得冷静一下 哥们 |
[01:48] | I promised my daughter she’d be the first one to cross this bridge. | 我答应过我女儿 她会是第一个过这座桥的人 |
[01:51] | [Robert chuckles] The one who hasn’t even been born yet? | -你那尚未出生的女儿吗? -就是她 |
[01:53] | That’s the one. | |
[01:55] | -Go up! -[Robert laughing] | 吊上去! |
[01:57] | Why are you coming down again? Get him out, man. | 你怎么又放下来了? 把他炒了吧 哥们 |
[02:00] | -How is Martha? -Martha’s fine. She’s always fine. | -玛莎好吗? -玛莎很好 她一直都很好 |
[02:02] | -Hey, what time is it? -[Robert] Three. | -嘿 几点了? -3点 |
[02:05] | Mark and Wendell are on break. | 马可、温德尔 去休息 |
[02:07] | [Robert] All right. | 好 |
[02:08] | [Robert] Hey, I need you to sign off on Jimmy’s time card tomorrow! | 嘿 我需要你明天确认吉米的考勤 |
[02:11] | -Tomorrow! -[Robert] All right! | -明天确认 -好的 |
[02:14] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[02:32] | [indistinct chatter] | (是个女孩) |
[02:44] | -[Martha] It’s low. -[woman] She kicking a lot? | 她踢得厉害吗? |
[02:46] | [Martha] Is she… Yeah, um… | 她… |
[02:47] | -Yeah. She’s moving around a lot now. -Top or bottom? | 是的 她现在动得很厉害 |
[02:49] | -[Martha] Sorry? -Is she mostly at the top or bottom? | -你说什么? -胎位通常是偏上还是偏下? |
[02:51] | [Martha] It’s late. | 过预产期了 |
[02:53] | -It’s not exactly pleasant. -You’re so lucky. | -并不是很舒服 -你真幸运 |
[02:56] | [Martha] Aw, that’s really nice. | 你这么说真贴心 |
[02:58] | -Yeah. -Thank you. We’ll see how it goes. | -是呀 -谢谢 我们到时候再看 真够呛 |
[03:06] | [sighs in frustration] Fuck. | |
[03:19] | First, need you to… | 首先 你得在这里… |
[03:22] | sign right here. | 签个名 |
[03:25] | [Martha] Mm-hmm. | |
[03:27] | Initial. | 签上姓名首字母 |
[03:30] | [Chris] Date. | 写上日期 |
[03:33] | You forgot down here. | 这里下面也要签 |
[03:36] | Initial. Right next to– | 姓名首字母 就在边上… |
[03:37] | If you guys are all set, I’m gonna take off. | 如果你们没别的事 我就走了 |
[03:39] | -[Martha] Bye, sis. -Thank you. | -再见 姐姐 -谢谢 |
[03:41] | -[Anita] Bye. -[Chris] See you later. | -再见 -回见 |
[03:42] | I love you. See you at home. | 我爱你 我们家里见 |
[03:44] | -All right. -[Anita] Good luck. | -好的 -祝好运 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1248个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:189个,六级词汇:106个,GRE词汇:118个,托福词汇:150个,考研词汇:224个,专四词汇:175个,专八词汇:28个, 所有生词标注共:393个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:45] | And then, for you… | 然后 你呢… |
[03:48] | I just need one on the bottom. | 只需要在最下面签个字就行 |
[03:52] | And then, you’re good. You got yourselves a car. | 然后就都办妥了 你有新车了 |
[03:55] | -Thank you, Chris. -[Chris] Of course. My pleasure. | -谢谢你 克里斯 -不客气 这是我的荣幸 |
[03:58] | You’re thanking him for his getting commission. | 你谢他?他这么做是拿提成的 |
[04:00] | -Thank me, I’m buying it. -Thanks, Mom. | -该谢我 是我出的钱 -谢谢 妈妈 |
[04:02] | [Chris] Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[04:04] | Thank you for that. | 谢谢你出的钱 |
[04:06] | Congrats. You got a car. | 恭喜啊 你有新车了 |
[04:07] | -[Elizabeth] I’m glad you made it. -Congrats. All set. | -真高兴你及时赶到了 -恭喜啊 都弄好了 |
[04:10] | [Elizabeth] I’ve been meaning to ask, | 我一直都想问你 |
[04:11] | how is it you can build a bridge when you can’t tell time? | 你都看不懂时钟 怎么能造桥? |
[04:15] | [forced laughter] | |
[04:17] | That’s– that’s very good. Oh, that’s very funny. | 这个…笑话很不错 很好笑 |
[04:21] | In the back. I had them move it. So I’ll be there in a second. | 车在后面 我让他们把车移到车库了 我一会儿就过去 |
[04:24] | -[Martha] Thanks. -[Elizabeth] Bye. | -谢谢你 克里斯 -再见 |
[04:25] | Just one last thing. I need your social security right here. | 只有最后一件事了 我需要你在这里填上社保号 |
[04:29] | -What do you need my social security for? -Just like a credit thing. | -你要我的社保号干吗? -贷款手续的要求 |
[04:32] | -She likes you. She just can’t show it. -[Sean] No, she doesn’t. | -她喜欢你 只是不擅长表达 -不 她不喜欢我 |
[04:35] | -She did just buy us a car. -[Sean] She did. | -她刚给我们买了辆车 -没错 |
[04:37] | But it was also a statement. She bought the car knowing I could buy it. | 但这也是一种声明 她买这车是因为知道我买不起 |
[04:41] | She wanted to minimize me. It’s not here. Next room. | 她想要贬低我 车不在这里 在下一间 |
[04:44] | That’s why she bought a minivan. She wants to emasculate me. | 所以她才买了辆厢式旅行车 想打击我的男子气概 |
[04:46] | [horn honking] | |
[04:48] | That’s a good horn. Whoo! | 这喇叭声不错 很有力度 阿尼塔都嫉妒死了 |
[04:49] | -[continues honking] -The power. | |
[04:51] | -[roars] -Anita was so jealous. | |
[04:53] | Oh, my goodness. Who cares what Anita thinks? Fuck her. | 天啊 谁在乎阿尼塔怎么想? 让她去死吧 |
[04:56] | -What does it matter? -It doesn’t matter. It’s just… | -她怎么想重要吗? -不重要 只是… |
[04:59] | It doesn’t matter at all. That’s what matters. Look at that thing. | 她的想法一点不重要 那个才重要 看看那车 |
[05:02] | [Sean cheering] | |
[05:04] | [Martha] Oh, my God! | 哦 我的天啊! |
[05:06] | And she got it gray like her soul. It’s wonderful. | 她买了辆灰色的 就像她一样阴沉无趣 太棒了 |
[05:09] | -It’s her spirit color. -Whoa. This is us now. | -这是她灵魂的颜色 -我们有车了 |
[05:12] | Yeah, it is. | 没错 |
[05:14] | That’s what matters right there. Cloth seats matter. | 这才是重要的 布座椅很重要 座椅加热器很重要 安全气囊很重要 |
[05:17] | -Oh! -Seat heaters matter, airbags matter. | |
[05:20] | -I think you’re gonna look good in this. -Oh, yeah, this is it for me. | -我觉得你开这车看上去会很不错 -是呀 这就是我的命 |
[05:23] | [both chuckling] | |
[05:25] | -[Sean] Ooh! -Oh. | |
[05:28] | -The three of us matter. -Yeah. | -我们三个才重要 -对 |
[05:30] | It’s the tribe that matters. Who cares what she thinks? | 我一家人才重要 谁在乎她是怎么想的? |
[05:33] | You know what matters? This is what matters here. | 你知道什么是重要的吗? 这样东西才重要 |
[05:37] | Yeah. | 对 |
[05:39] | -Well, I got us something. -Oh, my God. | -我给咱们准备了样东西 -哦 我的天 |
[05:42] | That is so cute. | 真漂亮 |
[05:44] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[05:45] | Wait, is it… | 等一下 这… |
[05:47] | -Is this the wrong way around? -It’s the right way around. | -这图像倒了吧? -没倒 |
[05:50] | No, it’s upside down. [chuckles] | 不 这是倒的 |
[05:52] | No, that’s how I did it. It was a choice. That’s my daughter. | 没有 我是故意这样弄的 这是我的选择 她是我的女儿 |
[05:55] | Wonky, interesting, charming, intelligent. | 嘻哈、有趣、有魅力、有智慧 |
[05:57] | -Modest. -Modest, humble. | -谦逊 -谦逊、低调 |
[06:45] | -[Sean] Should I call her? -Yeah. | -要我给她打电话吗? -好的 |
[06:47] | -Do you want some water or something? -No. | -你想喝点水吗? -不想 |
[06:52] | [Sean] We’re moving right along. Why don’t you sit down, baby? | 你快要分娩了 要不你先坐下吧 宝贝? |
[06:55] | -Yeah, I will after a little. -Huh? | 嗯 我一会儿会坐的 |
[06:59] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[07:01] | -[Martha breathing heavily] -[line ringing] | |
[07:09] | Of course, now she’s not picking up the phone. | 当然啰 关键时刻她不接电话了 |
[07:11] | Hey, Barbara, hi, it’s us again. | 嘿 芭芭拉 你好 又是我们 |
[07:14] | So we’re having six-minute contractions now. | 我们现在的宫缩间隔是六分钟 |
[07:16] | It’s moving– We’re, uh, we’re moving. | 玛莎…快要生了 |
[07:18] | We’re finding our pace, we’re getting a little bit of a rhythm going, | 宫缩开始紧凑有规律了 我们的状态很不错 |
[07:22] | and we feel pretty good. | |
[07:26] | When? | 什么时候? |
[07:31] | Oh, really? | 是吗? |
[07:35] | Yeah, I mean, it’s new, but, uh… what can you do? | 是呀 有点意外 不过…你还能怎么办呢? |
[07:39] | Okay, well, just keep us up to speed. We’re on the phone. | 好吧 有进展及时告诉我们 我们随时都能接电话 |
[07:43] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:45] | Ah, okay. Remember we went to the prenatal meetings and they said, | 好 还记得吗 我们参加产前会议时 他们说 |
[07:48] | “Listen. We’re gonna flip some cards. Maybe something might not go perfectly, | “听着 可能会出现意外情况 生产当天可能并非事事顺利 |
[07:52] | might not go according to plan, things might change.” | 事情可能没按计划进行 可能会出状况” |
[07:55] | -We’re flipping cards. -In what way? | -现在就出现了点状况 -什么状况? |
[07:58] | So, Barbara has… She’s in the middle of a heavy labor. | 芭芭拉在…正在帮人接生 对方分娩有困难 |
[08:01] | -[Martha] She’s in a labor? -Do you remember Eva? | -她在帮人接生? -你还记得伊娃吗? |
[08:04] | I do, but I’m in my labor– | 记得 可我快要分娩了 |
[08:05] | -We liked her very much– -Can you call her? | -我们很喜欢她 -你能打电话给她吗? |
[08:07] | -Eva? -Yes. I want to talk– No, Barbara. | -给伊娃? -是的 我想跟…不 打给芭芭拉 |
[08:10] | -I wanna talk to her myself. -She’s in the middle of a labor. | -我想亲自跟她谈谈 -她正在帮人接生呢 |
[08:12] | Well, so am I. | 我也快生了 好 |
[08:14] | [exhales] Yeah. | |
[08:17] | [line ringing] | |
[08:21] | -[Sean] It’s nothing to freak out about. -I’m not freaking out. | -没什么可紧张的 -我没有紧张 |
[08:24] | -I just want her here. -[Sean] Okay. | -我只是希望她在这里 -好 |
[08:26] | Like, how long is it gonna take? Did she say? | 要花多少时间?她说了吗? |
[08:29] | [Sean] Eva’s coming now and Barbara’s gonna come when she can. | 孩子要出生了 芭芭拉能来的时候就会来 |
[08:33] | I’m not in control. | 这情况我做不了主 |
[08:34] | -I’m just relaying information. -No. Shh. | -我只是个传话的 -别说话 |
[08:36] | [Sean] She’ll be here when she can get here. | 她能来时自然会来 |
[08:38] | That’s what I’m saying. Just calm down. | 这就是我想说的 冷静一点 |
[08:41] | Let’s do something else. How about that? Let’s dance. | 我们做点别的事吧 怎么样?我们来跳舞吧 |
[08:44] | -Come here. -[Martha] I don’t wanna dance. | -过来 -我不想跳舞 |
[08:45] | Distract me with something. | 找点事情分散我的注意力 |
[08:47] | [Sean] Distract you with something? Like… a joke or something? | 找事情分散你的注意力? 比如…说个笑话什么的? |
[08:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[08:51] | [Sean] A joke about something you like. What’s in the fridge? | 说个你喜欢的东西的笑话 冰箱里有什么? |
[08:55] | Broccoli? Broccoli is in the fridge. | 西兰花?冰箱里有西兰花 |
[08:57] | Broccoli’s favorite music. You know what it is? | 西兰花最喜欢的音乐 你知道是什么吗? |
[09:00] | You know what broccoli’s favorite music is? | 知道西兰花最喜欢的音乐吗? |
[09:01] | -What is it? -Brock and roll. | -什么音乐? -西洋《兰花草》 |
[09:03] | -[laughing] No, it’s not. -Yes, it fucking is. | -才不是呢 -就是 |
[09:05] | -That doesn’t go with broccoli at all. -Where does broccoli go get a drink? | -那跟西兰花搭不上边 -西兰花想喝酒时会去哪儿? |
[09:08] | -Where? -At the salad bar. | -去哪儿? -色拉吧呀 |
[09:10] | Come on, G. Come on! | 不是吧 姐们 拜托 |
[09:13] | [Martha] You’re so pathetic. | 你的笑话真差劲 哇 |
[09:15] | [Sean] Aw, wow. | |
[09:17] | -[Martha] What’s that? -Okay, okay, okay. | -这是什么? -没事的 |
[09:18] | [Martha] Is that my water? | 这是我的羊水吗? |
[09:21] | -Oh, my God. -It’s okay. | -哦 我的天 -没事的 |
[09:24] | [Martha] What does that mean? | 羊水破了意味着什么? |
[09:28] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿呢? |
[09:32] | -Here we go. -[Martha] Shit. | -好了 -该死 |
[09:33] | Let’s get you out. | 来把内裤脱了 |
[09:36] | -Are these wet too? -[Martha] No, that’s fine. | -这也湿了吗? -没 这个没湿 |
[09:42] | -[Sean] Okay. -[Martha] Can you call her again? | -好 -你能再给她打个电话吗? |
[09:44] | -Because this is– -[Sean] I will. | -因为这… -我会的 |
[09:47] | This is actually hurting now. Oh, God. | 现在真的开始疼了 哦 老天 |
[09:50] | Whoo! | |
[09:52] | Whoa! [chuckles] | |
[09:55] | Whoo… | |
[09:58] | [groans] | |
[10:01] | Oh, God. Fuck. | 哦 天啊 真疼 |
[10:05] | Don’t look at me like that. | 别这样看着我 |
[10:09] | [Sean] Why don’t you come over here? | 要不到这边来吧? |
[10:12] | -Come here, baby. -Oh, God. | -过来 宝贝 -我的天啊 |
[10:16] | [Sean] Come here. | 过来 |
[10:18] | [Martha] Not on that ball. | 我不要坐在这球上 |
[10:20] | You don’t wanna sit on the ball? That’s what they gave it to us for. | 你不想坐在这球上? 他们给我们这个球就是派这用处的 |
[10:24] | -Why don’t you do the stretch thing? -Screw the stretch thing. | -要不你舒展一下? -鬼才舒展呢 |
[10:28] | -Careful. -Fuck. I don’t really wanna do this. | -当心 -见鬼 我真的不想坐上面 为什么我觉得这么恶心呢? |
[10:31] | [belches] Why do I feel so sick? | |
[10:34] | Wanna do it this way? | 想这样吗? |
[10:38] | [exhales] | |
[10:39] | -What is the move? -Hmm? | 这算什么姿势? |
[10:42] | [laughs] | |
[10:44] | Oh, God. Sorry. [belches] | 哦 天啊 抱歉 |
[10:47] | [panting] | |
[10:50] | This feels weird. | 这感觉很奇怪 |
[10:52] | I need to– Ugh, I feel so nauseous. | 我得…我觉得很恶心 |
[10:58] | -Can you rub my back? -Mm-hmm. | 能帮我揉一下背吗? |
[11:04] | -[Martha] Thank you. -Mm-hmm. | 谢谢 |
[11:06] | Oh, shit. | 哦 该死 |
[11:07] | [groans] | |
[11:09] | I might throw up. | 我可能要吐了 |
[11:11] | [Sean] You didn’t eat enough. What are you gonna throw up? | 可你都没吃东西 能吐出什么来? |
[11:14] | [belches] I don’t know. Sorry. | 我不知道 不好意思 |
[11:20] | -You look very handsome. -[Sean] Thank you. | -你看上去很帅 -谢谢 而且也很害怕 |
[11:23] | [chuckles] You also look super scared. | |
[11:27] | [Sean] I’m not. | 我没害怕 |
[11:28] | -Really? -[Sean] Really. | -真的? -真的 |
[11:30] | -You freaking out? -[Sean] Not at all. | -你吓坏了吧? -一点没有 |
[11:33] | Your eyes look super, like | 你的眼神看上去非常… |
[11:36] | anxious. | 担心 |
[11:38] | -I’m not. -Give me a kiss, then. | -我没有 -那吻我一下 |
[11:40] | You want kisses? | 你想要我吻你? |
[11:45] | -[doorbell rings] -Not too much. | 别吻太多 |
[11:47] | That’s her. | 她来了 |
[11:48] | Look how quick that was. Look how fast that happened. | 看看她来得多快 看她过来的速度多快 |
[11:52] | -Hey. -Hi. | -嘿 -嗨 |
[11:54] | We’re six minutes between contractions and her water just broke. | 现在宫缩间隔是六分钟 而且她的羊水刚刚破了 |
[11:57] | Oh, wow. | 哇 |
[11:58] | [Martha groaning] | |
[12:00] | -[Eva] That’s great. How you doing? -[Sean] I’m doing all right. How are you? | -这很好 你好吗? -我还不错 你好吗? |
[12:03] | -[Eva] Good. Yeah. You talk to Barbara? -[Sean] Yes. | -很好 对 你跟芭芭拉谈过了? -是的 |
[12:06] | -[Eva] Okay, great. How are you doing? -[Sean] I’m good. | -好 很好 你感觉怎样? -我挺好 |
[12:08] | [groaning and belching] | |
[12:19] | -[Sean] You want some water? -No, I’m good. | -想喝点水吗? -不用了 |
[12:21] | -Is Barbara here? Is she coming? -[Sean] You want water? | -芭芭拉来了吗?她会来吗? -你想喝点水吗? |
[12:23] | -Hi. Hi, Martha. -Hi. [belches] Hi. | -你好 玛莎 -你好 |
[12:27] | Sorry, I just feel super sick. Can you get me some water? | 不好意思 我感到恶心极了 能给我拿点水来吗? |
[12:30] | -[Sean] Okay. -Thanks. I need it. | -好的 -谢谢 我很需要 |
[12:32] | How’s it going? | 进展如何? |
[12:34] | It’s fine. It’s just the last two have been really intense. | 还行 只是刚才那两次非常强烈 |
[12:38] | Mm-hmm. | |
[12:40] | -[Martha] I know– -Closer together. | -我知道… -两次连得很紧 |
[12:41] | [Martha] They are. Super nauseous. | 没错 我很想吐 |
[12:43] | -That’s… -[Martha] I haven’t really… | -这… -我并没怎么… |
[12:46] | -Have you been throwing up? -[Sean] No, she didn’t eat anything. | -你吐了吗? -没有 她之前没吃过东西 |
[12:50] | -Okay. You know… -[Sean and Martha chatting indistinctly] | 好 要知道… |
[12:52] | That’s pretty normal, actually. It’s actually kind of a good sign. | 其实这情况非常正常 这其实是好迹象 |
[12:56] | -Is it? -Means it’s moving along. | -是吗? -说明分娩在进行 |
[12:57] | I’m really sweaty. Can you hold me? | 我出了很多汗 你能抱着我吗? |
[13:03] | [Eva] Hey. I know you were expecting Barbara, | 嘿 我知道你在等的是芭芭拉 |
[13:07] | and I know it’s always a bit weird when things change, | 我知道情况有变时 感觉会很不适应 |
[13:10] | but I’m so happy to be here, okay? | 但是能来这里我很高兴 好吗? |
[13:12] | -I’m gonna stay with you. -Another one’s coming. | -我会陪着你 -又开始了 |
[13:16] | Oh, God. | 哦 老天 |
[13:18] | [Eva] Okay. Okay. | 好 |
[13:20] | Do I just breathe or what do… | 我是只需保持呼吸呢 还是… |
[13:24] | -Remember this? -Yeah. | -记得这个吗? -记得 好 对 |
[13:26] | -[Martha chuckling and groaning] -[Eva] Okay. Yeah. | |
[13:29] | [Martha whimpering, crying] | |
[13:30] | [Eva] Sweetheart. | 亲爱的 |
[13:32] | What the… [inhales deeply] | 搞什么… 这真的太可怕了 |
[13:35] | Oh, this is really awful. | |
[13:41] | [groans] | |
[13:45] | [Eva] You’re doing so great. Breathe. | 你表现得很好 深呼吸 |
[13:47] | You’re doing so great. | You’re doing so great. 你做得很好 |
[13:51] | -[Martha] You got any painkillers? -[Eva] Okay. | -你有止痛药吗? -好 |
[13:53] | -See, they come up… -[mumbling curses] | 你看 疼痛是一阵阵的 来的时候很痛 忍过就好了 |
[13:54] | …and then they go down and you just ride them. | |
[13:58] | This is awful. | 这太疼了 |
[13:59] | [Eva] I– I just want to have a quick listen to her heartbeat. Okay? | 我想听一下她的心率 很快的 好吗? |
[14:03] | -And just see how she’s tolerating labor. -Have you got the water? | -看看她对分娩过程的耐受性如何 -水拿来了吗? |
[14:07] | [Eva] Could you maybe just lie down here for just a second? | 你能先躺下吗?就一会儿 好吗? |
[14:12] | -Can you hold my hand or my head? -[Sean] Yeah, of course. | -能握着我的手或扶着我的头吗? -当然可以 |
[14:15] | Just need to… | 我只是要… |
[14:16] | -[Martha] You got the water? -[Sean] Yeah. | -水拿来了吗? -拿来了 |
[14:18] | I’m gonna put this on your belly. It’s a little bit cold, okay? | 我要把这个涂在你肚子上 会有点凉 好吗? |
[14:23] | [Martha] What’s this for? Oh, for the heartbeat? | 这是干吗用的?测量心率吗? |
[14:25] | [Eva] Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:26] | [Martha groaning] | |
[14:30] | -Why is this not coming out? -[machine whirring] | 水怎么不出来? |
[14:33] | -[Sean] You gotta squeeze it here. -Hey. Listen. | -你得在这里挤一下 -嘿 听啊 -听 -你没事吧? |
[14:35] | -[baby’s heart beating] -[Sean] Listen. | |
[14:37] | [Martha] Are you okay? | |
[14:38] | -[Eva] Can you hear that? -Wow. | -能听到吗? -哇 |
[14:40] | -[Eva] It’s really strong. That’s great. -You hear that? | -心跳很有力 这很好 -你听到了吗? |
[14:43] | -[Eva] She sounds really good. -Hi, baby. | -她听上去状态很好 -你好 宝宝 |
[14:46] | -[Eva] Hi, baby. -[Martha sighs] | 你好 宝宝 好了 很好 一切尽在掌控中! |
[14:48] | [Eva] Aw. Okay, good. Great. You got it! | |
[14:52] | -I’m gonna do… -Did you hear that? | -我要… -你听到了吗? |
[14:54] | -[Sean] Yeah. -[Eva] Martha. | -是的 -玛莎 |
[14:55] | Martha, I’m gonna get you to scooch your bum onto this. | 玛莎 我要你把臀部移到这上面来 |
[14:59] | I need to do… Just to see where you’re… | 我需要…看看你的… |
[15:04] | Where you’re at, okay? Gonna do a little internal exam. | 看看你的进展如何 好吗? 我得伸进去检查一下 |
[15:08] | -To see how dilated you are. -I like your glasses. | -看看你的开指情况 -我喜欢你的眼镜 |
[15:11] | [Eva] Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:17] | Hmm. | |
[15:19] | -Those are pretty quick together. -[Martha] Regret not having the epidural. | -刚才的宫缩间隔很短 -真后悔没采用无痛分娩 |
[15:22] | I think that’s a bit closer than six, right? | 我觉得刚才两次的间隔 不到六分钟吧? |
[15:24] | -[Sean] Way. -[Martha] Okay. | -近得多 -好的 |
[15:26] | What? | 什么? |
[15:27] | [Sean] Talking about the time between contractions. | 我们在说宫缩间隔呢 |
[15:30] | [Eva] Okay. | 好了 |
[15:31] | [Sean] Quicker than six. | 小于六分钟了 |
[15:35] | [Eva] Okay, let’s move your legs right like this. Okay. | 好了 把你的腿这样放 好 |
[15:40] | Okay. Yeah. | 好 行 |
[15:42] | Just gonna put my fingers in and touch your cervix. | 我要用手指触摸一下你的子宫颈 |
[15:45] | Yeah, it can be a little bit uncomfortable. | 你会有点不舒适感 |
[15:47] | [Martha whimpering] | |
[15:49] | [Eva] Okay. Wow. | 好 哇 |
[15:52] | You’re, like, six centimeters. | 你已经开了六指了 |
[15:57] | And the baby’s really low. | 胎位非常低 |
[15:59] | [Martha] She’s coming? | 她要出来了? |
[16:00] | -[Eva] She’s coming. It’s good. -[Martha] So fast. | -她要出来了 好迹象 -真快啊 |
[16:03] | -It’s great. You’re doing great. Okay. -[Martha] It’s just so quick. | -很好 你表现得很好 好 -就是太快了 |
[16:08] | [Eva] You’re doing great. | 你的表现很棒 |
[16:09] | -Okay. -[Eva] Yeah. Totally great. | -好 -对 绝对很棒 |
[16:13] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[16:15] | -[Martha] Hi. -Hmm? | 嗨 |
[16:17] | -[Martha] I feel super sick. -[Eva] Yeah. | -我觉得相当恶心 -是呀 哦 好痛… |
[16:19] | Ow, ow. Oh… No, no, no… | |
[16:22] | [Eva] Okay, listen… | 好 听着… -深呼吸就行 -等一下… |
[16:24] | -Just breathe. -[groaning] Wait, wait, wait… | |
[16:29] | [howling in pain] | |
[16:31] | [Eva] Okay. | 好 |
[16:35] | Oh, my God! Fuck! | 我的妈呀!疼死了! |
[16:49] | [Eva] Yeah. | 是很疼 |
[16:54] | -[Martha] Oh, God! -It’s really happening now. | -天啊! -真的进入分娩阶段了 |
[16:57] | -Yeah. -[Martha] This is so bad. | -是的 -这太疼了 |
[16:59] | -Listen. -[Martha] This is awful. | -听着 -这太可怕了 |
[17:01] | Hey, Martha. How do you think it would feel to be in water? | 嘿 玛莎 你想不想泡在水里? |
[17:04] | -I think we need to get her in the bath. -[Martha] What the fuck! | -我觉得得让她泡个盆浴 -我的妈呀! |
[17:07] | -Run a bath? -[Sean] Yeah. | -你去放水? -好的 |
[17:08] | -And I’ll just stay for a sec. -[Sean] Baby, you want a bath? | -我来陪她一会儿 -宝贝 你想泡个盆浴吗? |
[17:11] | This is awful. This is so terrible. | 这太疼了 疼死了 |
[17:13] | -[Sean] Wanna take a bath? -Yes, whatever. Yes. | -想泡个盆浴吗? -好吧 随便吧 好的 |
[17:15] | -[Eva] Okay. -Oh, God. I’m gonna be sick. | -好 -天啊 我可能要吐了 |
[17:18] | [Eva] Okay. | 好了 |
[17:19] | Ow! | |
[17:21] | [Eva laughing] Okay! You’re too out of it. | 好吧 你疼得神志不清了 |
[17:24] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[17:25] | Eva, where’s Barbara? | 伊娃 芭芭拉在哪里? |
[17:27] | [Eva] Yeah, you can. | 不 你能做到的 |
[17:29] | You’re nice, but I can’t do this. | 你人很好 但我做不到 |
[17:31] | -You’re already doing it. -Oh, my God. What the fuck? | -你已经在生了 -我的天啊 怎么这么疼? |
[17:35] | -I can’t do it. -Hey, you’re doing it. | -我做不到 -嘿 你正在做呢 |
[17:37] | We’re gonna get up now. | 我们现在要站起来了 |
[17:38] | We’re gonna get up and we’re gonna go into the bathroom. | 我们要站起来 然后去浴室 |
[17:41] | Come on. Come on. | 来吧 |
[17:44] | -Come on, come on, come on… -[Martha whimpering] | 来吧… |
[17:50] | [Eva] There you go. | 这就对了 |
[17:51] | -[Martha] I can’t. -[Sean] Okay. | -我做不到 -好了 |
[17:53] | Put your hands on here. We’re gonna get you up. | 把你的手放在这里 我们要扶你起来了 |
[17:56] | -Just have a little walk into the bath. -One, two, three. | -只需要走几步 进浴室就行 -一、二、三 |
[18:00] | -There we go. -[Eva] Okay. | -好了 -好 |
[18:02] | -I can’t do this. -[Eva] Okay. | -我做不到 -好 |
[18:05] | -Is my ass out? -[Sean] Just drop your weight, baby. | -我的屁股露出来了吗? -只管靠着我就行 宝贝 |
[18:07] | -Okay. -[Martha] She’s mean. | -好 -她很刻薄 |
[18:08] | No, you can walk. Come on. You can walk. | 不 你自己能走 来吧 你能走的 |
[18:11] | -Let’s go. -I’m sorry. It’s embarrassing. | -走吧 -真抱歉 这太丢人了 |
[18:13] | You can walk. | 你自己能走的 |
[18:15] | -There you go. [laughing] -[Martha] Did you ever do this before? | -这就对了 -你以前生过孩子吗? |
[18:18] | [Eva] I’ve done this before. | 我生过 |
[18:20] | -[Martha belching] Oh, God. -[Sean] How many kids do you have? | -我的天 -你有几个孩子? |
[18:23] | -I have a little girl. -I’m gonna be sick. | -我有个女儿 -我要吐了 |
[18:25] | -Little girl? -I have a girl. I have a daughter. | -小女孩? -是小女孩 我有个女儿 |
[18:28] | -Hey. -God, this hurts. | -嘿 -天啊 真疼啊 |
[18:30] | Have you taken the trash out? ‘Cause I can smell something really strange. | 你把垃圾扔出去了吗? 因为我闻到了很奇怪的气味 |
[18:34] | [Sean] I’ll take it out. Let’s just get you in the bathroom, yeah? | 我会去扔的 我们先把你送去浴室 好吗? |
[18:40] | -Come here. -Okay. | -过来 -好 |
[18:42] | [Eva] Okay. You guys go on and get in the bath. | 好了 你们俩去浴室 |
[18:45] | I’m gonna set up in the bedroom, okay? | 我去准备一下卧室 好吗? |
[18:52] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:00] | [Martha] It’s gonna be all right. | 会没事的 |
[19:02] | -[Eva] How you doing? -[Sean] We’re good. | -你们还好吗? -我们挺好 |
[19:03] | -[Eva] Good? Okay. -[Sean] Yeah. Babe, lift your arms. | -挺好?好 -是的 宝贝 抬一下手臂 |
[19:07] | [Martha] What? I’m trying. | 什么?我在尽力呢 |
[19:10] | There we go. | 好了 这太糟糕了 |
[19:11] | [Martha blows raspberry] | |
[19:14] | [belches] Oh, this is super awful. | |
[19:17] | This is really intense. I can smell myself. Oh, God! | 这感觉太强烈了 我都能闻到自己的气味 天啊! |
[19:23] | -[Sean] The water’s good? -[Martha] Come on, baby. | -水温合适吗? -快出来 宝宝 |
[19:25] | Please. Why can’t she come out right now? | 求你了 为什么她就不能现在出来呢? |
[19:27] | [softly] Hold my hand. | 握着我的手 -这样好受多了 -对吧? |
[19:31] | -[Martha exhales] This is better. -[Sean] Right? | |
[19:34] | -[Martha] Can you get some music? -[Sean] Music? | -能放点音乐吗? -放音乐? |
[19:37] | [Martha] And also maybe just shut the lights off. | -还有 把灯关了吧 -好的 |
[19:39] | [Sean] Yeah. | |
[19:42] | -[Sean kisses] I love you. -[Martha] Can you give me a kiss? | -我爱你 -能吻我一下吗? |
[19:45] | -[Sean kisses] -[Martha] I love you! | 我爱你! |
[19:47] | -I love you. Are you okay? -Yeah. Get the music. | -我也爱你 你还好吗? -嗯 去放音乐 |
[19:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[20:28] | [soft music playing] | |
[20:31] | [inhales deeply] | |
[20:34] | Breathe, baby. | 深呼吸 宝贝 |
[20:35] | I’m breathing. | 我在呼吸呢 |
[20:37] | Okay. | 好 |
[20:40] | This is so bad. | 这太疼了 |
[21:01] | I think I’m gonna shit myself. | 我觉得我要拉在自己身上了 |
[21:06] | [softly] Ow! | |
[21:42] | [groaning slowly] | |
[21:44] | [Eva] Hey, that’s an interesting noise. | 嘿 这呻吟有点意思 |
[21:47] | [continues groaning] | |
[21:48] | -[Sean] Hold still. -Yeah. | -别动 -好 |
[21:50] | [Martha] God! | 天啊! |
[21:51] | It’s like a pushing kinda noise. Are you feeling like you wanna push? | 这呻吟听上去像是在用力 你有想生的感觉吗? |
[21:55] | -I need to push. -Okay. Let’s get you out of the bath. | -我要生了 -好 那你先从浴盆里出来 |
[22:00] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:02] | -[Martha] Is that blood there? -[Sean] Okay, come on. | -那是血吗? -好了 来吧 |
[22:04] | [Eva] It’s okay. It’s just a little bit. It’s totally okay. | 没事的 只是一点点血 完全没问题 |
[22:10] | Here we go. Come on. Let’s go into the bedroom. | 好了 来吧 我们去卧室 |
[22:13] | [Martha] Push now, or… | 现在就用力还是… |
[22:15] | [Eva] Nope, you can’t push now. You just wait. I need to do a little bit… | 别 你现在还不能用力 等一下 我需要稍微… |
[22:20] | I need to check your dilation before you push, okay? | 在你用力之前 我得看一下你开了几指 好吗? |
[22:24] | Just… | 只需… |
[22:27] | Yeah. Yeah. | 对 |
[22:31] | [Sean] Lift up. There you go. | 抬起来 这就对了 好 |
[22:33] | -[Martha] Ow, ow. -[Eva] Ooh, okay. | |
[22:36] | Too fat. | 我太胖了 |
[22:40] | [Eva] Okay. | 好了 |
[22:42] | [Martha crying out] | |
[22:45] | -[Eva] Okay, Martha? -Yeah? | -好了 玛莎? -什么事? |
[22:47] | [Eva] I’m just gonna check your cervix and see where you’re at, okay? | 我要检查一下你的子宫颈 看看你开了几指 好吗? |
[22:52] | [Martha] Ow! Ow… | |
[22:54] | I know, I know. Sorry, babe. I feel the baby’s head. | 我知道 对不起 我摸到宝宝的头了 |
[22:59] | -[Martha] You do? She’s coming! -I don’t feel any cervix. | -真的?她要出来了! -我没摸到子宫颈 |
[23:02] | [Martha] Come on, baby. | 加油 宝宝 |
[23:03] | I think you’re fully dilated. | 我想你的宫口已经全开了 |
[23:05] | -I think you’re wide open. -Easy for you, motherfucker. | -我觉得你的宫口已经开了 -你说得容易 混蛋 |
[23:08] | -[Eva] Hey, Martha. -Yeah? | -嘿 玛莎 -怎么? |
[23:11] | [Eva] Now, if you feel like it, you can push. | 现在 如果你想的话 可以用力了 |
[23:13] | When it comes, you can push, okay? | 你有感觉的时候 就可以用力了 好吗? |
[23:15] | Just give me two secs. | 稍等一下 |
[23:20] | Oh, my God! | 哦 我的天啊! |
[23:21] | [Eva] Yeah. Yeah? Hey. | 对 嘿 |
[23:25] | [groaning loudly] | |
[23:27] | [Eva] Attagirl. | 好姑娘 |
[23:29] | Attagirl. Attagirl. | 好姑娘 |
[23:33] | Oh, it’s so good. Okay. | 很不错 好 |
[23:37] | -Good! -[Sean] Good. Good. | -好! -不错 |
[23:40] | [Eva] Okay, okay. | 好 |
[23:43] | Attagirl. That’s great. | 好姑娘 很不错 |
[23:45] | Just like that. You’re a pro! | 就是这样 你简直就是专家嘛 |
[23:47] | Doing so great. | 表现得很不错 |
[23:48] | I’m just gonna have a quick listen and see how the baby’s tolerating… | 我要听下孩子的心率 看看她对分娩过程的… |
[23:55] | the labor, okay? | 反应如何 好吗? |
[23:58] | Yeah. Just rest, honey. | 对 休息一下 亲爱的 |
[24:00] | -[Sean] Rest, honey. -[Martha] I just wanna… | -休息一下 亲爱的 -我只想… |
[24:02] | [muffled whirring] | |
[24:06] | [Martha breathing heavily] | |
[24:10] | [clears throat] Okay, you know, Martha, I’m gonna move you onto your side, okay? | 好了 玛莎 我要把你的身体侧过来 好吗? |
[24:15] | ‘Cause I don’t think the baby likes this position. | 因为我觉得宝宝不太喜欢你这个体位 |
[24:18] | -Yeah, just this way, I think. -[Sean] Move her on her side? | -对 就往这边侧 -让她侧过来? |
[24:22] | -[Sean] Come on. -Yeah. | -来吧 -好 |
[24:24] | -[Martha] -Oh, God! It’s– It’s coming! -[Eva] So, you do the next one from here. | -哦 老天!又要…开始了! -下一次用力时 采用这个体位 |
[24:28] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:29] | Yeah. Attagirl. You push right into me. | 好 好姑娘 对着我用力 |
[24:32] | [Martha groaning] | |
[24:33] | [Eva] Yeah. | 好的 |
[24:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[24:37] | -[Sean] Okay. -[Eva] Bear down. | -好了 -用力生 |
[24:39] | -Good. Good, good, good… -[Martha groaning in pain] | 很好… |
[24:47] | [Eva] Okay. Okay, okay… | 好的… |
[24:50] | [Martha] Is she here? Where is she? Where is she? | 她出来了吗?她在哪儿? |
[24:53] | Okay, let’s see. | 好 我们来看看 |
[24:57] | Now you just rest there a little bit. | 你先休息一下 |
[24:59] | [whirring] | |
[25:03] | Heart rate’s not coming all the way back up like we need it to. | 心率没有恢复到期望值 |
[25:08] | What do you mean? | 这话什么意思? |
[25:10] | [Eva] I’m just gonna… | 我得要… |
[25:12] | -[Sean] Hold on a second. Wait. -[Martha] Baby, no. Where are you going? | -等一下 等等 -宝贝 别 你要去哪儿? |
[25:17] | [Sean] The heart rate’s not coming up? | 心跳频率没有恢复? |
[25:19] | It’s fine. We’ve had two consecutive contractions | 没事的 已经连续两次了 宫缩之后 |
[25:22] | where the heartbeat hasn’t come all the way back up to where I want. | 宝宝的心率没有恢复到我希望的值 |
[25:25] | But it’s not outside the realm of normal. | 但还没有低于正常的范围 |
[25:28] | -What is the realm of normal? -[Eva] Just… | -正常的范围是多少? -就… |
[25:30] | -I’m gonna watch over the next few. -Okay. | -我会关注下面几次宫缩 -好 |
[25:32] | [Eva] If it continues like this, we might have to call in backup. | 如果还是这样的话 我们可能得打电话求助 |
[25:36] | We might have to transfer. | 我们可能得将她转移 |
[25:37] | -To the hospital? -To the hospital. | -送去医院吗? -对 |
[25:39] | But I’m watching, okay? You can go back in there with her. | 但是我在观察 好吗? 你可以进去陪着她了 |
[25:42] | -I’ll be right there. -We’re okay, though? | -我马上就进去 -没什么问题吧? |
[25:46] | Yeah. We’re good. Go on. | 没问题 情况挺好 去吧 |
[25:50] | [Martha groaning loudly] | |
[25:52] | -Baby? Listen to me. -Where’s my mother? | -宝贝?听我说 -我妈妈呢? |
[25:56] | -Listen to me. -Yeah, what? | -听我说 -怎么了? |
[25:58] | You’re doing great. | 你的表现很好 |
[25:59] | You’re pushing great. You’re doing a lot. You’ve been pushing for a while. | 你很用力 表现很棒 你已经努力了一段时间了 |
[26:03] | We’ve come a long way. It’s not a failure if we go to the hospital. | 我们已经努力自己生了 现在去医院不能算失败 |
[26:05] | No, get me the chair. I’m not going to the hospital. | 不要 给我拿把椅子来 我不要去医院 |
[26:08] | -If she says– -You can’t decide. | -如果她说… -你无权做主 |
[26:09] | -[Eva] Martha? Hey, Martha. -I’m gonna do it here. | -玛莎?嘿 玛莎 -我要在这里生 |
[26:12] | -She’s coming out. Just give me a second. -Listen. Listen. | -她要出来了 再给我点时间 -听着 |
[26:14] | You need to get this baby out now. | 你现在就得把孩子生出来 |
[26:17] | On this contraction. So you push with everything you’ve got, okay? | 就在这次宫缩时 你得拼尽全力生 好吗? |
[26:21] | [Martha groaning] | |
[26:22] | There you go. Okay. | 这就对了 好 |
[26:25] | Okay. Come on, I can see her head. I can see her head. | 好 加油 我能看到她的头了 |
[26:28] | Okay. Keep pushing. Push, push, push. | 好 继续用力 用力生 |
[26:31] | Push! | 用力! |
[26:34] | Push, Martha. | 用力啊 玛莎 |
[26:36] | -Wait. Please. Come. -[Eva] Okay. | -等一下 拜托 过来 -好 |
[26:41] | Okay. Let’s just see how we’re doing. | 好 我们来看看进展如何 |
[26:46] | Come on. | 加油 |
[26:50] | Okay, you need to call them. Call 911. | 好吧 你得打急救电话了 |
[26:52] | Tell them we have a home delivery and the baby’s in distress. | 告诉他们我们正在家分娩 但是婴儿出现窘迫 |
[26:56] | -Okay. -[Martha] What do you mean? | -好 -你什么意思? |
[26:57] | [Eva] Martha, we need to get this baby out now. | -玛莎 我们现在就得把孩子生出来 -手机去哪儿了? |
[27:00] | Where’s the phone at? | |
[27:01] | [Eva] Okay? We’re gonna do it right now. You get up now. | 好吗?现在就得生出来 你马上起来 |
[27:16] | Hi, I’m at 423 Formosa. | 你好 这里是福莫萨街423号 |
[27:17] | I need somebody to send an ambulance to a house for a home birth. | 请派一辆救护车过来 我们正在家分娩 |
[27:22] | I’m in the middle of a home birth. I’m at 423 Formosa. | 我们正在家分娩 进行到一半 地址是福莫萨街423号 |
[27:25] | Yes, please. Thank you. | 对 是的 谢谢 |
[27:28] | -Okay. -[Martha] I’m trying! | -好 -我在努力呢! |
[27:29] | We’re gonna push this baby out right now. Take a deep breath and push. | 我们现在就得把宝宝出来 深吸一口气 然后用力生 |
[27:33] | -Push, baby. -[Eva] Push. | -用力啊 宝贝 -用力 用力! |
[27:35] | -[Martha groaning] -[Eva] Push! | |
[27:39] | Take another breath and keep pushing! | 再深吸一口气 继续用力! |
[27:41] | Come on! Come on, come on. | 加油! |
[27:46] | -Push, Martha! -[Sean] Push! | -用力 玛莎! -用力啊! |
[27:48] | Hey, no relaxing! Take a breath. Push. Push this baby out. | 嘿 不能休息! 吸一口气 用力 把宝宝生出来 |
[27:51] | -[Martha] Okay. -[Eva] Do it now! | -好 -马上用力! |
[27:53] | Come on! | 加油! |
[27:56] | Come on! | 加油! |
[27:58] | Come on, keep pushing! Okay. | 加油 继续用力!好 |
[28:02] | There we go! | 这就对了! |
[28:04] | [Eva] Okay, here she comes! Here she comes! Here she comes! | 好了 她出来了! |
[28:07] | Come on, baby! | 来吧 宝宝! |
[28:09] | Come on! Yeah. | 出来!太好了 |
[28:11] | Okay! Okay, okay. | 好了! |
[28:14] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[28:15] | [Martha] Hi, baby. | |
[28:17] | [Eva] Good girl. Come on. How’re you doing? | 好姑娘 来吧 你好吗? |
[28:20] | Come on. Let’s hear you. | 来吧 让我们听听你的哭声 |
[28:22] | [Martha] She’s so quiet. Oh, my God. | 她真安静 我的天啊 |
[28:25] | -[Eva] Hold on, you guys. Wait! Wait. -[baby cries briefly] | 你们等一下 等等! |
[28:27] | [Eva] Wait, wait, wait. | 等一下 |
[28:28] | -[baby crying loudly] -[Eva] Okay. Hey! | 好了 嘿! |
[28:32] | Okay, she sounds good. She does. She sounds really good. | 好了 她听上去很健康 是的 非常健康 |
[28:35] | And the color’s good. | 肤色也正常 |
[28:38] | Hey! Hi, darling, you’re gonna go see your mama? | 嘿!你好 亲爱的 想见见妈妈吗? |
[28:41] | -[Martha] She’s so perfect. -[Sean laughing] | 她真完美 |
[28:43] | [Eva] Okay! | 好了! |
[28:45] | [Martha] Hi, sweetie! | 嗨 亲爱的! |
[28:48] | -Oh, my God. Oh, my God. -[baby continues crying] | 哦 我的天 |
[28:52] | [Martha laughing] | |
[28:55] | Your eyes are so pretty. | 你的眼睛真漂亮 |
[28:58] | Hi, baby. | 你好 宝宝 |
[28:59] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:01] | [Eva] I’m just gonna cover her up a bit. | 我只是给她盖点东西 |
[29:05] | Hi, beautiful. | 嗨 小美人 |
[29:08] | -[Eva] You did it. -[Martha] She’s perfect. | -你做到了 -她很完美 |
[29:09] | Oh, look it! Oh, look it! | 看看她! |
[29:14] | [breathing shakily] | |
[29:16] | -[Sean] She’s a beauty. -Oh, my God. | -她是个美人 -哦 我的天 |
[29:18] | [Martha] It’s all right, sweetie. | 没事了 亲爱的 |
[29:20] | [Sean] She’s so calm. | 她真安静 |
[29:23] | [Martha] You’re the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. | 你是我见过的最美的小家伙了 |
[29:26] | [baby struggling to breathe] | |
[29:28] | You’re the most beautiful thing in the world. | 你是全世界最美的小家伙 |
[29:32] | Hi! | 嗨! |
[29:34] | Hello. My daughter. | 你好 乖女儿 |
[29:37] | I need to take her. She’s blue. | 得把她给我 她在发青 |
[29:40] | [Martha and Sean] What? | -什么? -什么? |
[29:42] | -[Eva] Come on. -[Martha] What do you mean? | -快 -你什么意思? |
[29:43] | Come on, baby. Come on, baby. | 呼吸 宝宝 |
[29:46] | No! | 不要! |
[29:47] | Come on. | 呼吸 |
[29:48] | -Come on, baby. -What do you mean? | -呼吸啊 宝宝 -你什么意思? |
[29:50] | [Eva] Come on. | 快呼吸 |
[29:52] | -Okay. Come on, baby. Come on. -[ambulance siren wails in distance] | 好 呼吸啊 宝宝 |
[29:56] | Get them in here. Get them in here right now. | 让他们进来 马上让他们进来 |
[29:59] | -Come on, baby! -[burst of air gusting] | 呼吸啊 宝宝! |
[30:01] | Come on, breathe! Come on. | 来啊 呼吸啊!快 |
[30:03] | Come on, little girl. | 快呼吸啊 小丫头 |
[30:05] | [sirens wailing] | |
[30:08] | We’re here! | 我们在这里! |
[30:09] | Here! | 这里! |
[30:11] | Stop! Hey! | 停车!嘿! |
[30:14] | Come on! | 快! (10月9日) |
[31:30] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[32:06] | [indistinct murmurs] | |
[32:34] | Hi, I’m sorry. This is my desk. | 你好 不好意思 这是我的办公桌 |
[32:37] | Oh. | |
[32:39] | Am I that scary? | 我有那么可怕吗? |
[32:40] | No, no, not at all. | 不 一点不可怕 |
[32:42] | I just… Just was, uh… | 我只是…在… |
[32:46] | It’s just my time off has run out. So, if you don’t mind. | 我休完假了 如果你不介意的话… |
[32:48] | Okay. Oh, God. Gee, yeah. Leaving right now. | 好 我的天 对 我马上就走 |
[32:51] | -Don’t worry about it. -Thank you. | -别担心 -谢谢 |
[32:53] | I’m really sorry about that. | 占了你的桌子 我真的很抱歉 |
[32:54] | [chuckling nervously] Just grab my stuff. | 拿好东西我就走 |
[32:58] | Really sorry again about that. | 真的很抱歉 |
[33:06] | [woman] We don’t take the time to do things anymore. | 我们已经不再花时间去做事情了 |
[33:08] | We don’t take the time to eat, to appreciate life. | 我们已经不再花时间进餐、享受生活 |
[33:12] | I have a rule that there are no smartphones near me when I eat. | 我有个规矩 吃饭时身边不能有智能手机 |
[34:02] | [song playing softly over speakers] | |
[35:19] | [sniffs] | |
[35:25] | [Judith] Martha, is that you? | 玛莎 是你吗? |
[35:26] | Don’t you recognize me? I’m a friend of your mom’s. | 你认不出我了?我是你妈妈的朋友 |
[35:30] | -[Martha] Oh, yes. -We play bridge together. | -哦 对 -我们是桥牌的牌友 |
[35:32] | -Of course, yes. -Right. And how– how are you? | -当然 对 -好 你好吗? |
[35:35] | -I’m good. Yeah. -Yeah? Yeah. | -我很好 是的 -是吗?好 |
[35:38] | You know, your mom tells me absolutely everything. | 要知道 你妈妈把一切都告诉了我 |
[35:41] | I know everything, yeah. | 我什么都知道 没错 |
[35:45] | Gosh, it’s so horrible. | 天啊 那件事太可怕了 |
[35:48] | It’s all that swindler’s fault. | 都是那个骗子的错 |
[35:51] | She will surely rot in prison. I promise. | 她一定会烂死在监狱里 我保证 |
[35:55] | There will be consequences. | 她会遭报应的 |
[36:01] | [indistinct] | |
[36:22] | Nice shirt. | 衬衫很漂亮 |
[36:24] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:26] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[36:32] | Put your seat belt on. | 系上安全带 |
[36:34] | [seat belt clicks] | |
[36:38] | -Want some music? -No. | -想听音乐吗? -不想 |
[36:56] | Penny for your thoughts. | 你在想什么? |
[36:59] | None. | 什么都没想 |
[37:00] | Martha, there’s something. I know you’re worried. | 玛莎 你有心事 我知道你很担心 |
[37:06] | About this. Worried what they’re gonna find. | 担心这件事 担心他们会发现什么 |
[37:10] | -What they’re gonna find? -Yeah. | -他们会发现什么? -对 |
[37:13] | [Martha] A glass of wine before we fucked? | 我们那天做爱前喝了杯葡萄酒吗? |
[37:17] | Or that I had sushi? | 还是那天我是否吃了寿司? |
[37:32] | Or do you mean, uh… like your stuff? | 还是说你指的是…你的事? |
[37:38] | [Sean] My stuff. | 我的事 |
[37:40] | My… Like my sobriety? | 我…戒酒的事? |
[37:45] | Yeah, I mean, well, it’s not even been like, what, like… | 对 不过 你已经很久没有… |
[37:48] | -Long time. -Mm-hmm. | 已经很久了 |
[37:50] | Six years, five months, three days. | 六年五个月零三天 |
[37:53] | Four days. | 零四天 |
[37:55] | Four days. | 零四天 |
[38:02] | [man] We don’t have theories regarding the cause of death. | 我们还没有查出死因 |
[38:04] | During the criminal autopsy, | 在刑事验尸期间 |
[38:07] | we ran histology, toxicology and microbiology screens. | 我们进行了组织学 毒理学和显微学筛查 |
[38:10] | The results of the exam show no signs of a preexisting infection, | 想看看婴儿是否有过既往感染 |
[38:12] | chromosomal abnormality or irregularity of the placenta. | 染色体异常或胎盘不规则的迹象 |
[38:15] | What we did determine was the little girl was in a low-oxygen environment. | 我们能确定的是 孩子当时处于低氧环境中 |
[38:18] | In 60% to 70% of these cases, we rarely find a satisfactory explanation. | 60%到70%的类似案例 并没有令人满意的解释 |
[38:23] | -You’re a doctor, yeah? What’s your name? -Dr. Ron. | -你是个医生吧?你叫什么? -罗恩医生 |
[38:25] | Dr. Ron. You’re a doctor, Dr. Ron. [laughing] You’re a fucking doctor. | 罗恩医生 你是个医生 罗恩医生 你他妈的是个医生 |
[38:30] | [Dr. Ron] There are certain things, medically, we just don’t have answers for. | 有些事情在医学上就是没有答案的 |
[38:33] | There’s already proceedings against the midwife | 他们已经对那个助产士提出了诉讼 |
[38:35] | and there will be a medical expert opinion very soon to determine– | 很快就会有医学专家的意见 来确定… |
[38:39] | What about your medical expert opinion? You’re a medical expert. | 那你的专业意见呢? 你也是个医学专家呀 |
[38:44] | I mean, what do you– You don’t know anything. | 你却什么都不知道 |
[38:46] | If it could have been prevented, who’s at fault. | 你不知道这事是否可避免 不知道责任在谁身上 |
[38:49] | You don’t know shit is what you’re saying. | 你对自己所说的一切根本一无所知 |
[38:51] | [Dr. Ron] There are certain questions I can’t answer. | 有些问题是我现在无法解答的 |
[38:53] | What can you answer at the moment? Right now? | 那你现在能解答些什么呢? 能马上解答的? |
[38:57] | [Dr. Ron] What is certain is that the proceedings have begun and there– | 可以肯定的是 诉讼程序已启动 会有… |
[39:00] | Fuck! | 见鬼! 对不起 |
[39:08] | Uh, sorry. | |
[39:13] | [sniffling] | |
[39:15] | I’m gonna go outside. Sorry. | 我还是出去吧 对不起 |
[39:27] | [Dr. Ron] These things could take time. | 这种事情需要时间 |
[39:29] | [Martha] Where is she now? | 她现在在哪里? |
[39:32] | -[Dr. Ron] She’s in the morgue. -[Sean sniffling] | 在停尸房 |
[39:35] | Is it possible to donate the organs? | 我可以捐赠她的器官吗? |
[39:39] | No. The criminal medical expert has excluded that. | 不行 刑事医学专家 已排除了这个可能性 |
[39:44] | Oh. | |
[39:46] | Some decide to… | 有些人会决定… |
[39:48] | offer the body… | 将尸体… |
[39:50] | for medical science and educational purposes. | 捐出来 用于医学研究和教育 |
[39:57] | Very sorry for your loss. | 请节哀 |
[39:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 (11月7日) |
[40:36] | -[Martha] What do I owe you? -[driver] Twenty-five dollars. | -多少钱? -25美金 谢谢 |
[40:38] | [Martha] Twenty-five. There you go. Thank you. | 25美金 给 谢谢你 |
[40:40] | -[driver] Thank you. -[Martha] Bye. | -谢谢 -再见 |
[40:52] | [Elizabeth] You need to pick which inscription you like, honey. | 亲爱的 你得挑一个你喜欢的铭文 (艾薇特 请安息) |
[40:56] | Your grandmother is resting in the family grave. | 你外婆就是安葬在家族墓地里的 |
[40:59] | -What’s wrong with– -Did you write that? | -这有什么问题… -这是你写的吗? |
[41:03] | [man] Yes. | 是的 |
[41:04] | -You wrote that? -[man] Yes. | -是你写的? -对 |
[41:06] | That isn’t my daughter’s name. It’s Yvette. | 这不是我女儿的名字 应该是“伊薇特” |
[41:09] | Starts with a “Y,” ends with an “E.” | 第一个字是“伊” “芳草伊人”的“伊” |
[41:11] | “Yvette.” | “伊薇特” |
[41:13] | [man] I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:14] | Don’t blame him. Sean dictated it to him. | 别怪他 是肖恩让他用“艾”的 |
[41:17] | Yeah, great-grandmother, Hungarian spelling. | 对呀 随她曾外祖母 匈牙利名字的拼法 |
[41:19] | So it’s not at the end of the name list forever. | 这样她的名字 就不会总是在名单最后了 |
[41:21] | [Martha] That doesn’t make any sense at all | 这说法根本没道理 因为名单是按姓氏排列的 |
[41:23] | because name lists are by last name. | |
[41:25] | And we chose the American spelling for you. | 而且我们是为了你 才选的美国名字的拼法 |
[41:28] | [Sean] Yeah, but it’s a small detail, Martha. | 对 但这只是个小细节 玛莎 |
[41:34] | -Small detail. -[Sean] Yeah. | -小细节 -对呀 |
[41:37] | Yeah. | 是呀 |
[41:39] | Yeah, you’re right. | 对 你说得对 |
[41:41] | No, it is a small detail. | 没错 这是个小细节 |
[41:43] | Small detail. ‘Cause there’s not… There’s not gonna be a funeral anyway… | 只是小细节 因为… 反正也不会有什么葬礼… |
[41:47] | -There’s not gonna be a funeral. -[Sean] I didn’t mean it like that. | -不会有葬礼 -我不是那个意思 |
[41:50] | -[Martha] Not gonna be a gravestone. -[Sean] Martha? I’ll change the spelling. | -不会有什么墓碑 -玛莎?我会把那个字改了的 |
[41:54] | -Can you at least pick which style? -[Martha] It’s all one big waste of time. | -起码等挑好铭文的风格再走? -这根本是在浪费时间 |
[41:58] | What? | 什么? |
[42:00] | [Elizabeth] Martha. | 玛莎 |
[42:02] | Martha! | 玛莎! |
[42:03] | -Can you just pick a style today? -[Anita] Martha! | -你就不能在今天选个风格吗? -玛莎! |
[42:06] | There’s really no point. I’m gonna donate her body | 实在是没有必要 我会把她的尸体 |
[42:08] | to the university, so… | 捐给大学 所以… |
[42:09] | This is just like… | 这简直就是… |
[42:12] | [Anita] Martha! | 玛莎! |
[42:13] | [Martha muttering] Complete waste of time. | 完全是在浪费时间 |
[42:16] | Martha! Come on! | 玛莎!拜托! |
[42:20] | Oh. | |
[42:22] | Can I have one? | 能给我一支吗? |
[42:23] | Please, go ahead. | 请便 |
[42:25] | Just… keep the order and we’ll make a few small changes | 那个…别取消订单 我们会做一些小小的改变 |
[42:31] | and I’ll pay for it. | 我会出钱的 |
[42:32] | No, I’d like to pay for it. | 不 这钱我来出 |
[42:35] | I’d like to pay for it. | 我想出这笔钱 |
[42:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:39] | There’s some stuff I can pay for. | 有些东西我还是能付得起的 |
[42:46] | [Elizabeth] Sean, don’t smoke it. You’ll relapse. | 肖恩 别抽 你会重蹈覆辙的 |
[42:51] | -Sean, where are you going? -[Sean] Five minutes. | -肖恩 你要去哪儿? -给我五分钟 |
[42:54] | Fuck. | 见鬼 |
[42:58] | [Elizabeth] Sean. | 肖恩 |
[43:01] | [Sean clears throat] | |
[43:08] | [Elizabeth] She needs help. | 她需要帮助 |
[43:09] | She doesn’t know what she’s doing. | 她不知道自己在做什么 |
[43:11] | I mean, she’s just piling mistake upon mistake. | 她这是一个接着一个地在犯错 |
[43:16] | [Elizabeth sighs] | |
[43:17] | That’s why it’s our job to show her what’s right. | 所以我们有责任让她知道 怎么做才是对的 |
[43:21] | What does that mean? | 这话什么意思? |
[43:24] | You know Suzanne, right? Her cousin? | 你知道苏珊的吧?她堂姐? |
[43:27] | -No. -No? | -不知道 -不知道? |
[43:29] | Well, she’s just a remarkable girl. | 她是个很不错的姑娘 |
[43:32] | She has a beautiful office downtown. | 在市中心有间很漂亮的办公室 |
[43:34] | She said that she will take on and handle a civil suit for us, | 她说 如果我把所有文件都交给她 |
[43:40] | if I put all the documentation in her hands. | 她会帮我们提出民事诉讼 帮我们打官司 |
[43:43] | -You want me to give you the paperwork. -Exactly. | -你想让我把相关文件都给你 -没错 |
[43:46] | Mm. | |
[43:50] | Yeah, I gotta talk to Martha about that first. | 我得先跟玛莎商量一下 |
[43:54] | Really? | 不是吧? |
[43:55] | My– Don’t you want someone to answer for this monstrosity? | 天啊…你不希望有人 为这禽兽般的行径付出代价吗? |
[43:59] | Martha can’t sort through all of this now. | 玛莎现在没法自己处理这些事情 |
[44:03] | That’s why I thought | 所以我才想着… |
[44:05] | maybe you might take a little responsibility for a change. | 你也许能开始承担起点责任了 |
[44:08] | [Sean scoffs] | |
[44:09] | Well, really. | 真令人失望 |
[44:13] | Yeah, I’d like to hand it to her myself, if you don’t mind. | 如果你不介意的话 我想自己把文件交给她 |
[44:17] | When? | 什么时候? |
[44:20] | Soon. | 很快 |
[44:22] | Well, you better. | 你最好抓紧 |
[44:25] | Let me out at the next corner. I wanna walk the rest of the way. | 下个街口让我下车 剩下的路我想走回去 |
[44:31] | You don’t want me to take you to the door? | 你不想让我送你到家门口? |
[44:33] | No, I feel like I need a little air. | 不 我想呼吸点新鲜空气 (助产士面临五年监禁) (医疗机构大力呼吁 取消助产士这一行业) |
[45:11] | [door opens] | |
[45:26] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[45:29] | [Sean] Hey. | 嗨 |
[45:40] | [Martha] Are you smoking? | 你在抽烟? |
[45:41] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[46:01] | -Good day? -Yeah. | -今天过得好吗? -好 |
[46:03] | -You? -Yeah, it was good. | -你呢? -嗯 挺好 |
[46:14] | [Sean] We should talk about a civil case, Martha. | 玛莎 我们应该谈谈打民事官司的事 |
[46:17] | We gotta finish this. | 我们得给这事做个了结 |
[46:19] | You know, I’ve come back from death before. Dark, cold. | 我曾去阴间走过一遭 黑暗 阴冷 |
[46:22] | Really dark, really cold. | 非常黑暗 非常阴冷 现在 她在那黑暗阴冷的地方 而我却无能为力 我束手无策 |
[46:23] | And now she’s in the dark and the cold and I can’t do anything about it. | |
[46:27] | My hands are sort of tied here. | |
[46:30] | Please, Martha. | 求你了 玛莎 |
[46:54] | I’m not your mother. | 我不是你母亲 |
[46:56] | I’m your partner, yeah? It’s a team thing. | 我是你的伴侣 好吗?我们是团队 我们能谈谈吗 玛莎 求你了? |
[46:58] | Can we please talk, Martha? | |
[47:03] | Martha? | 玛莎… |
[47:06] | Please come out. | 请你出来 |
[47:19] | [crying] I miss her. | 我想她 |
[47:29] | I miss her. Please, Martha. | 我很想她 求你了 玛莎 |
[47:38] | I’m sorry. I just need you to promise me you won’t… | 对不起 我只是要你答应我 你不会… |
[47:44] | You can’t send her anywhere. | 不能把她送去任何地方 |
[47:49] | Please. | 求你了 |
[47:54] | Promise me. | 答应我 |
[47:58] | I promise. | 我答应 |
[48:41] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[49:02] | [Elizabeth] Sean told me I might find you here. | 肖恩说你可能会在这里 |
[49:05] | He’s beside himself. | 他担心得都失常了 |
[49:07] | You two best friends now? | 你们俩现在成了好朋友了? |
[49:09] | [Elizabeth] Well, there are things we agree on. | 有些事情上我俩有共识 |
[49:12] | Does he have a choice in that? | 他在这点上有选择吗? |
[49:14] | Martha, wait a minute. Martha, please. | 玛莎 等一下 玛莎 求你了 |
[49:17] | I’m not trying to change your mind. I know I can’t do that. | 我不是想要改变你的想法 我知道自己做不到 |
[49:21] | I understand that you made up your mind to give your baby for medical research. | 你已经决定要把孩子的尸体 捐给医学研究 这我理解 |
[49:27] | The only thing I’m asking of you is that when it’s all over… | 我只是求你 等他们研究完了… |
[49:31] | that we get her back so we can bury her. | 把孩子要回来 这样我们好安葬她 |
[49:36] | That’s all. That’s the right thing to do, honey. | 仅此而已 这是正确的做法 亲爱的 |
[49:39] | Because you say it is? Yeah. | 因为这是你说的?对 |
[49:41] | Do you really wanna put your little baby’s body on a mass grave | 你真的希望自己的宝宝像牲口一样 |
[49:46] | like an animal? | 被埋在集体墓地里吗? |
[49:47] | Oh, my God. [chuckles] | 哦 我的天 |
[49:49] | [Elizabeth] That’s funny to you? | 你觉得这很好笑吗? |
[49:50] | Yeah. So cheap. | 是的 这一套太卑劣了 |
[49:54] | -[Elizabeth] Martha. -Mm-hmm. | 玛莎 |
[50:22] | Thank you for waiting. | 劳你久等了 |
[50:25] | Okay. | 好 |
[50:27] | There you go. Sign here. | 给 在这里签字 |
[50:34] | Yep. | 对 |
[50:39] | And a signature here as well. | 这里也要签一个 |
[50:43] | There’s one more at the bottom as well. | 最下面还有一个要签字的地方 (12月21日) |
[51:19] | [keypad beeping] | |
[51:20] | [door buzzes open] | |
[51:25] | [Sean] Hello. Looking for Suzanne Weiss. | 你好 我找苏珊魏斯 |
[51:28] | [woman] Yes, go straight down to your left. | -直走到底 左手边就是 -谢谢 |
[51:30] | Thank you. | |
[51:38] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[51:42] | -[Suzanne] And who’s this? -[receptionist] Your 5:30. | -这人是谁? -你约了他5点半见面的 |
[51:45] | Oh. Hey. | |
[51:46] | -[Sean] Hi. Hey. -Hi. | -嘿 你好 -你好 |
[51:47] | I’m Sean. | 我叫肖恩 |
[51:49] | -Yeah, Carson, right? -Carson, yeah. Elizabeth. | -对 姓卡森 对吗? -对 姓卡森 你是伊莉莎白 |
[51:52] | -Uh-huh. -Yeah. | 好 想进来吗? |
[51:54] | Uh, you wanna come in? | |
[51:56] | -Yeah. -Okay. | -好的 -好 |
[51:59] | -[Sean] Am I catching you at a good time? -Huh? | 我现在来得是时候吗? |
[52:01] | Oh. I forgot my paperwork. I’ll be right back. | 我忘了文件了 我去拿一下 马上回来 |
[52:09] | -Yeah, you know, we’re related. -Yeah, I guess we are. | -嗯 要知道 我们是亲戚 -对 我想是的 |
[52:12] | Strange. | 很奇怪 |
[52:20] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[52:49] | [children giggling, chattering] | |
[54:03] | [Sean] Why are you trying to disappear my kid? | 为什么想要抹灭我孩子的影子? |
[54:07] | We don’t need this room, so… | 我们不需要这间屋子了 所以… |
[54:11] | Because we don’t have a kid. | 因为我们没有孩子 |
[54:15] | -Why are you being so cold to me? -Cold? | -你为什么对我这么冷淡? -冷淡? |
[54:18] | [Sean] Yeah. | 是的 |
[54:19] | I’m cold? | 我冷淡? |
[54:21] | -[Sean] You’re cold. -Right. | -你很冷淡 -好吧 |
[54:23] | Well… [chuckles] | 这个嘛… |
[54:26] | you’re the one teaming up with my mother behind my back, so… | 是你先跟我妈联手 在我背后捣鬼的 所以… |
[54:47] | Can you please leave that alone? | 你能别动那个吗? |
[54:49] | -Martha, I wanna put it back up. -Mm-hmm. | 玛莎 我想把这个放回去 |
[54:53] | Can you give me the picture? | 能把照片给我吗? |
[54:54] | [glass shatters] | |
[54:59] | [Martha sighs] Stop it. | 住手 |
[55:05] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[55:21] | How’s your hand? | 你的手没事吧? |
[55:36] | [footsteps approaching] | |
[55:41] | You don’t want this apple? | 你不想吃这个苹果了? |
[55:44] | Huh? | |
[55:45] | It’s brown. | 这苹果都变色了 |
[55:47] | -Yeah, I don’t want it. -Okay. | -没错 我不想吃了 -好吧 |
[55:55] | What are you thinking about? | 你在想什么呢? |
[55:57] | [Martha] Huh? | |
[55:59] | [Sean] Penny for your thoughts. | 我想知道你在想什么 |
[56:02] | [Martha] I’m just thinking about my hand. | 我只是在想我的手 |
[56:05] | -[Sean] How is it? -[Martha] Fine. | -手怎么样? -挺好 |
[56:09] | Yeah, I’m thinking about going to Seattle for a little while. | 我在想着去西雅图待一阵子 |
[56:13] | -[Martha] Seattle? -Yeah. | -西雅图? -对 |
[56:15] | Like a road trip. You could come with me. We could– | 类似自驾游 你可以跟我一起去 我们可以… |
[56:19] | -We could road trip. -Mm. | 我们可以一起自驾旅游 |
[56:23] | We could get a cheap little– a little beater on some land, | 我们可以在哪里弄辆便宜的… 小点的二手车 |
[56:26] | and I got friends out there that’d help me renovate. | 我在那里有朋友 可以帮我装饰 |
[56:30] | It’d be good for us, Martha. | 这会对我们有好处 玛莎 |
[56:32] | It’d be so good for us. Good for you, good for me, good change of scenery. | 会对我们有好处 换个环境 对你我都有好处 |
[56:36] | I mean… | 我的意思是… |
[56:38] | [Martha] Mm… | |
[56:41] | [Sean] Come on, let’s go. | 来吧 我们去吧 |
[56:49] | I think we should go. | 我觉得我们应该去 |
[56:57] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[57:06] | -Touch me. -Come on! | -摸我 -得了! |
[57:09] | -Touch me. -Sean. Ow! | -摸我 -肖恩 |
[57:11] | I miss you. | 我想你 |
[57:16] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[57:24] | [Martha moans] | |
[57:26] | [Sean whispers] Touch me. | 摸我 |
[57:35] | Touch me. Touch me. | 摸我 |
[57:45] | [Martha groans] Okay… | 别这样! |
[57:57] | [Sean] Take this off. | 把这个脱了 |
[58:01] | The clip at the back. | 夹扣在后面 |
[58:10] | [clattering] | |
[58:11] | Sean! Don’t rip it like that. Just… | 肖恩!别这样扯 就… |
[58:15] | -Take it off. -You’re gonna… | -把它脱了 -你会… |
[58:19] | [both moaning] | |
[58:27] | Sean. Would you just let me take them… | 肖恩 能让我先把它… |
[58:30] | Let me take them off! | 让我把它脱了! |
[58:32] | -[Sean] Come here. -[Martha] Come on! | -过来 -拜托! |
[58:34] | Stop it! | 别这样! |
[58:38] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[58:40] | I’ll take them off if you just give me a second. | 等我一下 让我把这个脱了 |
[58:43] | Fuck, man! | 见鬼! |
[58:47] | Here. Sorry. Let me just… One second. | 好了 对不起 让我…等等 |
[58:49] | Fuck it. I don’t want to now. | 算了 我现在不想要了 (1月13日) |
[58:54] | [pants jangling] | |
[59:08] | [sobbing] | |
[59:10] | [muttering indistinctly] | |
[59:29] | [screams] | |
[1:00:15] | [Sean] Hey, Chris. Hey, man. Um… | 嗨 克里斯 嘿 哥们 |
[1:00:18] | Oh, man, I’m so sorry. | 哦 哥们 我很为你难过 |
[1:00:19] | [Sean] Yeah, it’s all right… No, wait… | 嗯 没事…不 等一下… |
[1:00:21] | I literally have no idea. I can’t even imagine what’s– | 我真的不知道 我都不能想象会… |
[1:00:24] | [Sean] Yeah. Hey, I need you to– | 是呀 嘿 我需要你… |
[1:00:27] | I need you to switch the car out for me. And give me the money for the car. | 我需要你把那辆车换了 先把那辆车的钱给我 |
[1:00:31] | And then you sell it after. | 回头你再把它卖了 |
[1:00:33] | -Yeah? -I can help you sell it. | -好吗? -我可以帮你把车卖了 |
[1:00:35] | It’ll take a couple of months, but… | 会需要几个月时间 不过… |
[1:00:37] | No, I need it now. I’m sort of underwater now. | 不行 我现在就要钱 我现在手头很紧 |
[1:00:39] | My hands are tied. | 我爱莫能助啊 |
[1:00:41] | As soon as that car goes out, I can’t do anything. | 一旦车离开了车行 我就帮不上忙了 |
[1:00:43] | But I haven’t driven it for six months. It’s just sort of the same car. | 可我连六个月都没开到 基本是新的 |
[1:00:47] | -I get it… -Chris, I need it. | -我理解… -克里斯 我需要这钱 |
[1:00:49] | My boss totally– Okay. | 我的老板绝对…好吧 |
[1:00:51] | [Sean] I need you to do it now, man. | 我现在就要 哥们 |
[1:00:53] | -[Chris] All right. -[Sean] Sorry. | -好吧 -对不起 |
[1:00:55] | [Chris clears throat] Well, there is– I could make it if it– | 有个办…我有个办法 如果车… |
[1:01:00] | Is the car dangerous? | 那车危险吗? |
[1:01:03] | Is there– Is it– Is there a problem– | 那车…它…有毛病吗? |
[1:01:05] | -[Sean] If the car’s dangerous– -Then I can take it back. | -如果车对车主造成危险… -那你就可以退给我 |
[1:01:08] | [Sean] How do we make that happen? | 这要怎么证明呢? |
[1:01:09] | If there was an accident, I can figure out a way to make it work. | 如果出了车祸 我就能想出办法安排退货 |
[1:01:12] | -Let’s do that. -Okay. | -就这么办吧 -好 |
[1:01:13] | [jazz music playing softly] | |
[1:01:56] | [man] Looking for something about sprouting? | 在找关于催芽的书? |
[1:01:58] | Mm-hmm. | |
[1:01:59] | I’ve got a better book than that. | 我有另一本书 比这本好 |
[1:02:08] | Try this. | 试试这本 |
[1:02:10] | No, this one. Yeah. | -不 这本 对 -这本 |
[1:02:22] | -Thank you. -[man] You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[1:02:26] | [jazz music continues] | |
[1:02:57] | [Martha sighs] | |
[1:03:00] | [humming] | |
[1:03:08] | [hums] | |
[1:03:43] | [doorbell rings] | |
[1:03:49] | [doorbell rings] | |
[1:04:08] | Hi. | 你好 |
[1:04:10] | [Anita] We’ve gotta talk about Mom’s condition. | 我们得谈谈妈妈的情况 |
[1:04:12] | She’s aged five years in three months. She almost burned the house down. | 她在三个月里衰老了五岁 她差点把房子烧了 |
[1:04:15] | Is it my fault? | 是我的错吗? |
[1:04:17] | It doesn’t help that you don’t answer the phone | 她打电话想告诉你房子着火了 可你没接 |
[1:04:19] | when she calls to say the house is on fire. | |
[1:04:21] | So she sent you to meet me, right? | 于是她就派你来找我 对吗? |
[1:04:24] | I don’t know why you guys do this through me. | 我不知道你们为什么要通过我来传话 |
[1:04:27] | Every time she calls, I’m in a meeting– | 每次她打电话来 我都在开会… |
[1:04:29] | -I thought you quit. -[Martha] What? | -我还以为你辞职了 -什么? |
[1:04:31] | -Chris said you quit. -I haven’t spoken to Chris. | -克里斯说你辞职了 -我没跟克里斯说过话 |
[1:04:33] | Sean spoke to Chris when he returned the car. | 肖恩退车的时候跟他聊过 |
[1:04:36] | [Martha] What? | 什么? |
[1:04:38] | Um… | |
[1:04:40] | This is yours. And… | 这是你的 还有… |
[1:04:43] | -[Martha] That’s not mine. -[Anita] It was in the car. | -这不是我的 -是在车里的 |
[1:04:46] | Also found a roll of film. | 还有一卷相片胶卷 |
[1:04:49] | -I got these printed for you. -Oh. | 我把它送去冲了 |
[1:04:51] | I’ve gotta go. I got a work thing. Bye. | 我得走了 有工作要处理 再见 |
[1:04:55] | -I love you. -Love you. | -我爱你 -我也爱你 |
[1:05:07] | [Sean clears throat] | |
[1:05:18] | [exhales] | |
[1:05:22] | You know, I wouldn’t worry about it. | 要知道 换了是我就不会担心 |
[1:05:27] | People wanna kill this woman. With the mistake she’s made, | 大家都希望这个女人去死 就她所犯的错来看 |
[1:05:29] | the case is practically won with two to eight years imprisonment. | 该案胜算在握 她会被判两到八年监禁 |
[1:05:33] | The gross negligence on not calling an ambulance in time to a dying baby | 没有在婴儿垂死时及时呼叫救护车 |
[1:05:37] | should be enough to put her away. | 这一严重疏忽就足以让她去坐牢 |
[1:05:39] | All right. | 好 |
[1:05:41] | [Suzanne] And as your criminal lawyer, with your testimony, | 作为你的刑事律师 有了你的证词 |
[1:05:44] | we have this case in the bag. | 这个官司我们赢定了 |
[1:05:46] | If you guys decide to slap her with a civil case as well, | 如果你们还决定对她提起民事诉讼 |
[1:05:49] | I can get someone to handle that, someone that I trust. | 我可以找一个我信得过的人来处理 |
[1:05:52] | I feel like you got a good shot at winning both. | 我觉得两起官司都打赢的可能性很大 |
[1:05:54] | And you could win millions. | 你们可以获得几百万美金的赔偿 |
[1:06:02] | You know about this bridge? | 你知道这座桥吗? |
[1:06:05] | Huh? | |
[1:06:07] | This bridge you got on the wall. | 你墙上挂的这座桥 |
[1:06:09] | -No. -There’s a big story behind this bridge. | -不知道 -这座桥背后有一个重大事件 |
[1:06:12] | [Suzanne] Uh-huh. | |
[1:06:13] | In the ’40s, this thing just disintegrates into the floor. | 上世纪40年代的时候 这座桥彻底解体了 |
[1:06:17] | It’s a big deal. It’s the third biggest bridge in the US. | 这是件大事 这可是全美第三大桥 |
[1:06:20] | You got the Golden Gate, George Washington and then you got the Tacoma. | 金门大桥、乔治华盛顿大桥 第三就是塔科马大桥 |
[1:06:23] | In the ’40s, things collapse and they can’t figure it out | 上世纪40年代时 桥坍塌了 他们不明白怎么回事 |
[1:06:27] | and they bring in these experts. | 于是就去找了专家来 |
[1:06:28] | Mathematicians, scientists, nobody could figure it out. | 有数学家、科学家 可没人能弄明白 |
[1:06:31] | Took a look at foundations, suspension wire, nothing. | 他们查看了地基、悬索 没查出问题 |
[1:06:34] | Everything checks out. | 一切都很正常 |
[1:06:36] | Then finally, one of these scientists says “resonance.” | 最后 有一位科学家提出 是因为“共振” |
[1:06:39] | What? | 什么? |
[1:06:40] | -[Sean] Resonance. You know what that is? -[zips coat] | -共振 知道什么是共振吗? -不知道 共振就是… |
[1:06:42] | -No. -[Sean] Resonance is, um… | |
[1:06:45] | You know, every solid object has its own vibration. | 每样固体都有自己的振动频率 |
[1:06:49] | When the outer one matches the inner one, you get resonance. | 若外界的频率与其本身的频率相匹配 就会产生共振 |
[1:06:54] | Sometimes, resonance can be so powerful, it can bring a whole bridge down. | 有时候 这种共振强大到 可以使整个桥梁垮塌 |
[1:06:59] | [sniffs] | |
[1:07:01] | [exhales and sniffles] | |
[1:07:03] | -Does it happen often? -No, like, um… | -这种情况经常发生吗? -不会 就像… |
[1:07:06] | Like when swings move by themselves at the playground? | 就像游乐场的秋千会自己荡起来? |
[1:07:09] | That’s resonance. Thank you. | 那就是共振 谢谢 |
[1:07:14] | For everything. | 谢谢你所做的一切 |
[1:07:17] | -Here to help. -Yeah. | -乐意效劳 -嗯 |
[1:07:22] | [door closes] | |
[1:07:24] | [indie pop music playing] | |
[1:07:28] | ♪ Talk about the ways to go ♪ | |
[1:07:32] | ♪ All the things we dream about ♪ | |
[1:07:36] | ♪ In the night and every day ♪ | |
[1:07:40] | ♪ All the plans we have to make ♪ | |
[1:07:45] | ♪ In the night, in the night ♪ | |
[1:07:46] | ♪ I think you read my mind ♪ | |
[1:07:48] | ♪ You read my mind but did you know ♪ | |
[1:07:50] | ♪ I think you read my mind ♪ | |
[1:07:52] | ♪ We must have made a new record ♪ | |
[1:07:54] | ♪ I think you read my mind ♪ | |
[1:07:57] | -♪ That’s what we said ♪ -♪ I think you read my mind ♪ | |
[1:08:00] | ♪ Gave it all we could We always knew we would ♪ | |
[1:08:03] | ♪ We went Down, down, down, down, down ♪ | |
[1:08:08] | ♪ Down, down, down into trouble ♪ | |
[1:08:11] | ♪ We went down, down, down, down, down ♪ | |
[1:08:16] | ♪ Down, down, down into trouble ♪ | |
[1:08:21] | [song fades] | |
[1:08:22] | [jazz piano playing] | |
[1:08:30] | I should go. | 我该走了 |
[1:08:33] | Yeah, I’ll call us a cab. | 好 我去叫辆出租车 |
[1:08:35] | -I’ll call us a cab right now. -No, I need to go. I’m sorry. | -我现在就去叫 -不 我得走了 对不起 |
[1:08:50] | Shit. Piece of shit. | 可恶 臭狗屎 |
[1:09:10] | Hi, can I go to Christie Street, please? Now. Like, right now. Thank you. | 嗨 能带我去克莱斯提街吗? 就现在 谢谢 (她的罪名会成立吗?) (五项“过失罪”) (两项“渎职罪”) (一项“过失杀人罪”) (伊娃伍德沃德的刑事案件升温中) |
[1:09:58] | [door opens] | |
[1:10:19] | You have a good party? | 派对开心吗? |
[1:10:21] | -[Martha] Yeah, it was. -Yeah? | -开心 -是吗? |
[1:10:37] | Where were you? | 你去哪儿了? |
[1:10:43] | -You’ve been drilling? -Yeah. | -你在打钻? -是的 |
[1:10:45] | [Martha] I talked to Robert and he hasn’t seen you in three weeks. | 我跟罗伯特谈过 他已经三个星期没见过你了 |
[1:10:48] | So, drilling what? | 你在钻什么? |
[1:10:52] | You don’t have to lie to me. | 你没必要骗我 你骗了我 |
[1:10:54] | Hmm? | |
[1:11:01] | [Sean grunts] You lied to me. | |
[1:11:04] | You’re a fucking liar. | 你是个该死的骗子 |
[1:11:07] | -Fucking bitch. -[grunts] | 臭贱人 |
[1:11:10] | You’re a fucking bitch, and you’re a liar. | 你是个臭贱人 你是个骗子 |
[1:11:14] | You’re a cheap-ass liar. You’re a fucking clown. | 你是个不要脸的骗子 该死的小丑 |
[1:11:17] | You’re a clown. You’re a clown and you’re a liar, bitch. | 你是个小丑 小丑兼骗子 贱人 (2月5日) |
[1:11:21] | [sizzling] | |
[1:11:22] | [air hissing] | |
[1:12:30] | -[Anita] Hey! -[Chris] Sorry. | -嘿! -不好意思 |
[1:12:34] | -[Anita] What the fuck, Chris? -[Chris] Sorry about that. | -怎么回事 克里斯? -很抱歉 |
[1:12:38] | -You forgot me? -Sorry. It’s slippery, watch out. | -你把我忘了? -不好意思 路面很滑 小心点 |
[1:12:44] | [car alert chirps] | |
[1:12:45] | [Anita] Just, like, excited to get into my mom’s house? | 要进我妈家让你很激动吗? |
[1:12:51] | You were, like, running in. Okay. | 你刚才是径直朝门跑去的 好 |
[1:12:57] | [doorbell rings] | |
[1:13:03] | [doorbell rings] | |
[1:13:06] | [Anita] Is that my cousin? | 这是我的堂妹吗? |
[1:13:09] | [Chris] Oh, no way. | 不会吧 |
[1:13:11] | -[Anita] Hi. -Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:13:12] | -[Anita] What are you doing here? -[Chris] It’s like a million years. | -你怎么会在这里? -好久不见了 |
[1:13:15] | -Hey. Yeah. -[Chris] Incredible. | -嗨 是呀 -真没想到 |
[1:13:16] | Your mom asked me to– Come on in. | 你妈妈让我来的…进来吧 |
[1:13:20] | -Uh, she’s in the kitchen. -[Chris] All right. | -她在厨房里 -好的 |
[1:13:24] | Hello. Oh, wow, yes. Duck. | 你好 哇 太好了 是鸭子 |
[1:13:26] | -Yeah. -[Chris] Looks amazing. | -是呀 -看上去很好吃 |
[1:13:27] | Wow! Uh, you want me to baste? | 想要我来浇卤汁吗? |
[1:13:29] | -Oh, are you good at basting? -[chuckling] Yeah, I can baste. | -你擅长吗? -我会浇 |
[1:13:32] | -Here. Thank you. -[Suzanne] Thanks. I’ll use this one. | -给 谢谢 -谢谢 我用这个 |
[1:13:34] | [Chris] Need help with the salad at all? | 要帮忙准备色拉吗? |
[1:13:36] | Yeah, that would be great. | 那就太好了 |
[1:13:38] | -Make your salad. Don’t eat it. Make it. -Okay. It’s fresh, though. | -做色拉 不是吃 只是做 -好的 不过菜很新鲜 |
[1:13:41] | Yes, it is fresh. | 是很新鲜 |
[1:13:43] | [Chris] You chop these? Thick? Thin? Any preference? | 这个要切吗? 切厚点还是薄点?有要求吗? |
[1:13:46] | -Uh, not too thick. -[Chris] Okay. | -别太厚 -好的 |
[1:13:47] | But not too thin. | 但也别太薄 |
[1:13:49] | -Hi, honey. -[kisses] | 你好 亲爱的 |
[1:13:50] | -How you doing? -Good. Where’s Martha? | -你好吗? -很好 玛莎呢? 她一会儿就来 |
[1:13:54] | Um, she’ll be along. | |
[1:13:57] | Alone? | 一个人来吗? |
[1:14:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:14:01] | Back in? | 再放回烤炉? |
[1:14:03] | Are you done already? | 你已经浇好了? |
[1:14:07] | -Good. -[softly] You planning something? | -很好 -你在打什么鬼算盘吗? |
[1:14:10] | What? No, nothing. | 什么?没有 |
[1:14:12] | -You’re planning something. -What? | -你在盘算什么 -什么? |
[1:14:14] | You’re planning something. | 你在策划什么 |
[1:14:17] | Oh, I invited Suzanne over, just for some legal advice. | 我邀请了苏珊 只是想让她给点法律建议 |
[1:14:22] | -[clattering] -[Anita] For what? | 关于什么的建议? |
[1:14:23] | -Oh, you found my keys! -Guess so. | -你找到我的钥匙了! -我想是的 |
[1:14:26] | It was just in the bowl, which is funny. | 就在碗里 很有意思 |
[1:14:31] | [Suzanne] Anything else? | 还有其他忙要帮吗? -现在没有了 -你还好吗? |
[1:14:33] | -Um… No, not right now. -[Chris] You okay? | |
[1:14:37] | -Yeah? -[Suzanne] You need a drink? | -好吗? -想喝点什么吗?来杯茶?给 |
[1:14:39] | Cup of tea? Here. | |
[1:14:40] | [Elizabeth] No, I’m good, thank you. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[1:14:51] | -[Sean] There she is. Liz. -[Elizabeth] No, don’t call me that. | -她在这里 莉兹 -别这么叫我 |
[1:14:54] | -[Chris] Hey, how you doing? -[Elizabeth] Hello, darling. | -嘿 你好吗? -你好 亲爱的 |
[1:14:57] | -[Sean] ‘Sup? Hey. -[Martha] These are for you. | -你好吗?嘿 -这些是给你的 |
[1:14:59] | -It’s a sun rose, I think. -[Elizabeth] How beautiful. | -我觉得是岩蔷薇 -真漂亮 是菊花! |
[1:15:02] | -Chrysanthemums! -[Martha] Oh. | |
[1:15:03] | I got you this, it’s a… | 我给你买了这个 这是… |
[1:15:06] | -[Elizabeth] This is for me? -It lights up, they said. | -是给我的? -他们说会亮 |
[1:15:08] | -[Sean] How can I help? -[Elizabeth] Oh, wonderful. | -我能帮些什么忙? -真不错 |
[1:15:10] | -[Chris] Whoa! -[Anita] Oh. | |
[1:15:11] | [Chris] Hey, watch the foot, man. | 嘿 当心脚下 哥们 |
[1:15:13] | [Sean] Oh. | |
[1:15:14] | [Chris] When did that happen? | -这是什么时候弄的? -也许就在刚才进来时 我来清理 |
[1:15:16] | [Sean] Probably just now walking in. I’ll clean. | |
[1:15:18] | [Anita] He stepped in his own shit? | 估计他踩到了自己的屎 |
[1:15:19] | [Elizabeth] Come in the living room. Doesn’t it look nice? | 进客厅里来吧 看上去很不错吧? |
[1:15:22] | -[Martha] Hi. -[Suzanne] Hi. | -你好 -你好 |
[1:15:24] | -[Martha] Yeah, looks nice. Hi. -[Suzanne] How you doing? | -是的 很漂亮 嗨 -你好吗? |
[1:15:26] | Nice to see you. You too, Chris. | 很高兴见到你 你也是 克里斯 |
[1:15:28] | -I’ve been staging. -[Chris] Looks great. | -我在布置这套房子 -看上去很棒 |
[1:15:31] | -Do you know what that is? -[Chris] Not really, no. | -知道这是什么意思吗? -不知道 |
[1:15:33] | Okay. I’m gonna demonstrate. So, you see this chair all by itself? | 好 我来演示一下 看到这把椅子独自在这里吗? |
[1:15:39] | -[Suzanne] Yeah. -It looks kinda lonely and sad, right? | -看到了 -看上去有点孤独悲伤 对吗? |
[1:15:43] | So then, I find a colorful and cheerful cushion. | 于是 我就找了个颜色亮丽的垫子 |
[1:15:48] | Put it there. And right away, you see, instant beauty. | 放在这里 马上就漂亮很多了吧 |
[1:15:51] | [Chris] Yeah. You wanna sit down? | 是的 你想坐下吗? |
[1:15:53] | -You see it? -[Chris] Yeah. Wanna sit down? | -看到了吗? -嗯 想坐下吗? |
[1:15:54] | I’ve been staging all over town. | 我在城里给人布置了很多地方 |
[1:15:57] | Not for money. Just like a hobby. You know, for my friends. | 不是为了赚钱 只是爱好 替我的朋友们布置的 |
[1:16:03] | -[Anita] Why don’t I go set the table? -Okay. | -我去摆桌子吧? -好的 |
[1:16:08] | -[Martha] So… -[Elizabeth] Martha? | -那个… -玛莎? |
[1:16:13] | -Do you wanna borrow a brush? -A brush? No. | -想要我借把梳子给你吗? -梳子?不用 |
[1:16:16] | No? Okay. And your outfit’s adorable. | 不用吗?好吧 你的衣服很漂亮 |
[1:16:20] | Not as dressy as I thought you’d be for the occasion. | 这样的场合 我以为你会穿得更讲究点 |
[1:16:24] | Occasion? | 场合? |
[1:16:26] | -[Sean] Chris, you got a drink? -[Elizabeth] I’m gonna put this in water. | -克里斯 你有饮料吗? -我去把花放到水里 |
[1:16:30] | [Chris] Uh… | |
[1:16:32] | -Make a little toast. -[Sean] All right. | -我来祝一下酒 -好 |
[1:16:33] | -[Chris] To you guys. -[Suzanne] A toast? | -敬你们 -祝酒? |
[1:16:37] | To getting out of the house. | 走出家门 |
[1:16:39] | -Making yourselves… -[Sean] I know. Cheers. | -让你们自己… -说得是 干杯 |
[1:16:41] | -Put yourself out there. Feel better. -Sean. | -接触外界 舒畅胸怀 -我叫肖恩 |
[1:16:43] | Hey. Yeah, Suzanne. | -哦对 我叫苏珊 -是堂姐吧? |
[1:16:45] | -[Sean] Cousin? -Uh-huh. | |
[1:16:46] | -[Sean] Yeah. Nice to meet you. -Yeah, you too. | -是的 很高兴认识你 -嗯 我也很高兴 |
[1:16:49] | [Chris] The other day, the uh, the guy at the church was saying something… | 那天 教堂的那个家伙说了些事… |
[1:16:53] | -[Sean] The guy? The pastor? -The pastor. | -家伙?牧师吗? -是牧师 |
[1:16:55] | He was doing, like, a sermon. | 他当时在布道 |
[1:16:58] | And he said, uh… | 他说了… |
[1:17:01] | something pretty deep. | 一些很深奥的话 |
[1:17:02] | -He said, “Time heals all wounds.” -[Sean] Whoa. | 他说:“时间能治愈一切伤口” 我当时想:“没错 |
[1:17:04] | And I was like, “Yeah.” | |
[1:17:07] | “That’s pretty good.” | 这话说得真不错” |
[1:17:09] | [Sean] What are you doing with your time? You still playing? | 你平时都怎么打发时间的? 还弹琴吗? 没有 已经有段时间没有弹了 只是在工作 |
[1:17:11] | [Chris] Uh, no, it’s been a while. Uh, I’m just working. | |
[1:17:16] | The only type of playing I do is if they pay me over there, so… | 我只在他们付钱让我去演奏时 才表演 所以… |
[1:17:19] | -[Sean] At the church? -[Chris] Yep. | -在教堂吗? -是的 |
[1:17:21] | -Well, that’s exciting. -[Chris chuckles] | 真令人兴奋 |
[1:17:24] | -Different scene, that’s for sure. -Different scene. | -场景不同 这是肯定的 -场景不同 |
[1:17:26] | [Chris] Worshipers. | 都是信徒 |
[1:17:27] | Yeah. Oh, you get that. Better than a groupie. | 对 是有信徒 比追星族强 |
[1:17:31] | -Kinda the same thing. -[Chris] That’s true. | -其实差不多吧 -没错 |
[1:17:33] | -[Sean] It was a good band, man. -[Chris] Thank you. | -你们当时那个乐队很不错 -谢谢 |
[1:17:35] | [Sean] Good time to be in a band. | -乐队不错 时机也很好 -没错 |
[1:17:36] | [Chris] It was. | |
[1:17:37] | -[Sean] That whole grunge revival scene. -[Chris] Oh, man. | -当时垃圾摇滚很流行 -我的天 |
[1:17:40] | It’s crazy. When you had the White Stripes, right? | 非常疯狂 当时有“白色条纹乐队” 对吗? |
[1:17:42] | -[Sean] Stripes were there. Who else? -[Chris] Mm-hmm. They had the Hives. | -有“白色条纹乐队” 还有谁? -还有“蜂窝乐队” |
[1:17:45] | [Sean] Hives, Strokes, Beck. | “蜂窝乐队”、“鼓击乐团”、贝克 |
[1:17:48] | Nah, Beck is different. He’s softer. You guys had a grit. Harder. | 不 贝克不一样 他的风格更加柔和 你们几个更粗犷 风格硬一点 |
[1:17:51] | [Chris] Um, what was it the Stripes did? | “白色条纹”做了件什么事? |
[1:17:53] | -[Sean] You need help? -[Chris] Stripes were like, um… | -需要帮忙吗? -“白色条纹”好像是… |
[1:17:55] | [Anita] Huh? | |
[1:17:56] | -[Sean] Help? -[Anita] No. I just had another glass. | -要帮忙吗? -不用 我刚喝过一杯 |
[1:17:59] | What was it? They were brother– | 是什么来着?他们是姐… |
[1:18:01] | They were husband– They were brother– | 他们是夫…他们是姐… |
[1:18:03] | They were pretending to be brother and sister, | 他们当时是假装姐弟 |
[1:18:06] | or to be husband and wife. | 还是假装夫妻 |
[1:18:07] | -[Sean] Stripes? -Stripes, yes. | -“白色条纹”吗? -是的 |
[1:18:08] | [Sean] There was this thing. | 是有这回事 |
[1:18:09] | -Who are they? -Smart. | -他们干嘛的? -很聪明 |
[1:18:10] | -[Sean] The White Stripes? -Are they a band? | -“白色条纹”吗? -他们是个乐队? |
[1:18:12] | [Chris] You’re funny. | 你真搞笑 |
[1:18:13] | -[Sean] You don’t know the White Stripes? -[Suzanne] No. | -你不知道“白色条纹”是谁? -不知道 |
[1:18:16] | -[Sean] Really? -[Chris] This is… | -真的? -这是… |
[1:18:17] | -[Suzanne] No. The White Stripes? -[Chris] This is insane. | -真的 “白色条纹”? -这太不可思议了 |
[1:18:20] | [Sean] Come on, 2001, 2002, were you living under a rock? | 拜托 2001、2002年 你是在岩洞里度过的吗? |
[1:18:23] | [Chris] They did a Coke commercial. “Seven Nation Army.” | 他们给可乐广告写过歌 《七国联军》 |
[1:18:25] | -[Sean] That fucking song, boy. -[Chris] Yeah. | -那首歌 天啊 -是呀 |
[1:18:28] | [Sean and Chris singing “Seven Nation Army” indistinctly] | |
[1:18:32] | -[Suzanne] Yeah, I know that song. -[Sean] Yeah. | -对 我知道这首歌 -是呀 |
[1:18:34] | -[Suzanne] They play it at the– -[Chris] Yes. | -他们是在… -对 |
[1:18:36] | [Sean] So, the story with them goes, there’s a two-person band. | 所以 他们的故事是这样的 他们是双人组合 |
[1:18:40] | -[Chris] Uh-huh. -Boy and a girl. Boy’s name is Jack White. | 一个男生 一个女生 男生叫杰克怀特 |
[1:18:43] | -Girl’s name is, uh… -[Martha] Meg. | -女生叫… -梅格 |
[1:18:44] | Meg. And they’re in a band, but their band is, uh… | 梅格 他们是一个乐队的 但他们的乐队是… |
[1:18:49] | They’re in a marriage… | 他们是夫妻… |
[1:18:50] | They’re in a marriage, they’re telling people they’re brother and sister. | 他们是夫妻 可他们对外人说他们是姐弟 |
[1:18:53] | They’re actually married, falling apart in front of the world. | 他们其实是结了婚的 然后在全世界面前散伙 |
[1:18:57] | [Chris] So, like Sonny and Cher. | 举例来说吧 比如索尼和雪儿 |
[1:18:58] | It’s like, you look at them, and everybody’s like, “Oh, my God.” | 看着他们 大家都会想 “我的天啊” |
[1:19:02] | “Are they fighting?” They’re not listening to the music. | “他们是在吵架吗?” 大家不是在听他们的音乐 |
[1:19:05] | -You’re into the gossip. -[Chris] Exactly. | -是对他们的八卦感兴趣 -没错 |
[1:19:06] | Not into the music. | 不是对音乐感兴趣 |
[1:19:07] | If you’re watching a couple play music, | 如果你看一对夫妻演奏音乐 |
[1:19:09] | you’re not thinking, “What’s up with the song, this instrumentation?” | 你想的不是 “这歌怎么了?这演奏怎么了?” |
[1:19:12] | You’re thinking, “Are they fucking? Where’d they meet? Do they got kids?” | 你想的是:“他们之间有性爱吗? 他们是怎么相遇的?有孩子吗?” |
[1:19:16] | [Chris chuckles] It’s terrible. | 很可怕 |
[1:19:17] | You look at Donny and Marie. Opposite. | 但你看着唐尼和玛丽时 完全相反 |
[1:19:20] | [Sean] Yeah, but their music sucked, so you didn’t care either way. | 但他们的音乐很烂 所以不管怎样你都不会在意 |
[1:19:23] | [Chris] But you didn’t wanna think about anything happening. | 但你不希望自己想着音乐以外的事 |
[1:19:26] | It’s true. If they sucked and they were brother– | 没错 如果他们的音乐很烂 而且他们是兄妹… |
[1:19:28] | -Yes, so my point. -[Chris chuckles] | 正是 我就是这个意思 |
[1:19:30] | Hey, so what happened with your band? | 嘿 那你的乐队后来怎么了? 我不知道 很蠢 大家就这样分道扬镳了 |
[1:19:31] | [Chris] Uh, I don’t know. So stupid. | |
[1:19:34] | Everybody kind of grew up and moved on. | |
[1:19:36] | [soft music playing] | |
[1:19:36] | [Sean] To different bands or different sounds? | -去了不同的乐队 不同风格? -没有 只是… |
[1:19:39] | [Chris] No. It’s just… | |
[1:19:40] | It’s like, “Okay. Great. You go be a dad. You don’t have time for this.” | “好吧 太好了 你去当爸爸吧 你没时间一起演奏了” |
[1:19:45] | -Looking at me like I’m a child. -[Sean] Rest of the band? | -把我当小孩一样看待 -乐队其他人吗? |
[1:19:47] | [Chris] Yeah. I mean, the way he talked to me, I didn’t like that. | 是呀 他跟我说话的口气我不喜欢 |
[1:19:52] | [Sean] Well, he was older than you. | -他年纪比你大 -对 但他说话一副盛气凌人的样子 |
[1:19:53] | [Chris] Yeah, but it was just so condescending. | |
[1:19:55] | Like, “I’m so much better than you because I have kids.” | “我比你好多了 因为我有孩子” |
[1:20:00] | Yeah, that wouldn’t be right. | 是呀 那样不对 |
[1:20:01] | [Chris] Right. It’s like, “What does it matter?” | 没错 “这有什么关系吗?” |
[1:20:03] | -It doesn’t change your life. -[Martha] No, to go do that. | -又不会改变你的生活 -不 那样做不对 |
[1:20:07] | When you’re young like that, on the verge of breaking through. | 当你们年轻时 你正要有所成就 |
[1:20:10] | -[Martha] No. Makes total sense. -[Chris] What’s that tone? | -当然 非常有道理 -这口气什么意思?我不明白 |
[1:20:12] | I don’t understand. | |
[1:20:13] | -What’s going on? -[Martha] What tone? | -怎么回事? -什么口气? |
[1:20:15] | -Martha, we’re just talking. -[Martha] What? I was agreeing with him. | -玛莎 我们只是在聊天 -怎么了?我刚才是在赞同他的观点 |
[1:20:17] | [Sean] Yeah, we’re agreeing also. Everybody’s agreeing. | 是呀 我们也赞同 大家都赞同 |
[1:20:21] | -So what’s the problem? -[Martha] The problem? | -所以 有什么问题吗? -问题? |
[1:20:23] | Don’t give him a hard time. We’re just talking. | 别太为难他了 我们只是在闲聊 |
[1:20:25] | [Sean] We’re just trying to keep it light. | 我们只是在聊点轻松的话题 |
[1:20:30] | [Martha] Right. Light. | 对 轻松 |
[1:20:32] | Yes. I am… | 嗯 我… |
[1:20:34] | Okay, okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[1:20:35] | I am sorry. I did not put that together. | 对不起 我说那话时没想那么多 |
[1:20:39] | -“Baby,” I didn’t know. -[Martha sighs] Oh, my God. | -说“宝宝”的事 我没意识到 -哦 我的天 |
[1:20:41] | What are we even doing here? This is completely nuts. What the fuck? | 我们来这里干什么? 这太扯了 什么鬼? |
[1:20:45] | [Elizabeth] Well, as long as you’re asking. | 既然你问起了 |
[1:20:50] | Um, | |
[1:20:51] | Suzanne– I’ve consulted with her about the– | 苏珊 我问了她关于… |
[1:20:56] | -[Martha] About what? -About the case. | -关于什么? -关于案子的事 |
[1:20:59] | [Martha] You’re the prosecutor on the case? | 你是本案的检察官? |
[1:21:01] | -Yeah. -Yes. She’s an excellent lawyer. | -对 -没错 她是名很优秀的律师 |
[1:21:05] | And she’s family, you know? | 而且又是自家人 |
[1:21:08] | She loves us. She’s here to make sure we get the right thing. | 她爱我们 她来这里 是确保我们得到应得的 |
[1:21:13] | Look, the case is already won. People hate this woman. So, I’ll just… | 听着 这案子早就胜算在握 大家都恨那个女人 所以 我就只… |
[1:21:16] | Yes, exactly. And I don’t want them to judge you. | 没错 我不想让他们对你评头论足 |
[1:21:21] | -[Martha] “Them”? -The people. | -他们? -别人 |
[1:21:23] | [Martha scoffs] “People.” By “people,” you mean Judith? | “别人” 你说“别人”指的是朱迪思? |
[1:21:27] | -[Chris] I really– -Fuck off, Chris. | -我真的… -闭嘴 克里斯 |
[1:21:29] | If you’re talking about her, I went to a store to get an apple. | 如果你指的是她 我那天去商店买个苹果 |
[1:21:32] | Twenty minutes later, I’m in the same store | 20分钟后 我还在同一家店里买同一个苹果 |
[1:21:34] | getting the same apple. | |
[1:21:35] | I know because I met him late. How late, 25 minutes? | 我知道 因为我跟他见面时到晚了 多晚 25分钟? |
[1:21:39] | I spent a minute getting an apple. | 我拿苹果才花了1分钟 |
[1:21:41] | The rest of the time, I spent there stuck, stranded, getting grilled by your friend, | 剩下来的时间 我是被困在那里的 你那朋友不停地问这问那 |
[1:21:45] | trying to figure out what the fuck she wants from me. | 我在设法弄明白她想要怎样 |
[1:21:48] | And you’re worried about them judging me? | 你在担心他们会对我评头论足吗? |
[1:21:51] | [Elizabeth] Martha. | 玛莎 |
[1:21:52] | [Martha] It’s not even about them judging me, actually. | 事实上 这甚至都跟他们对我评头论足无关 |
[1:21:54] | It’s about how you want me to be to fit their opinion. | 而是跟你希望我的言行 符合他们的观点有关 |
[1:21:57] | You wanna arrange me. | 你想要左右我 |
[1:21:58] | -[Anita] You need therapy! -I do not need therapy. Thank you, Anita. | -你需要心理治疗 -我不需要治疗 谢谢你 阿尼塔 |
[1:22:01] | -[Anita] You do. Asshole. -All right. | -好吧 -你需要 混蛋 |
[1:22:03] | Who cares about what they think? This is about me. This is about my body. | 谁在乎他们怎么想? 这是我的事 我的身体 |
[1:22:06] | This is me. Do you understand that? | 是我 你明白吗? |
[1:22:08] | Yes, I understand that, dear. | 是的 我明白这一点 亲爱的 |
[1:22:11] | But have you decided to go to the trial? | 但你决定出席庭审了吗? |
[1:22:14] | -I’m not going to your fucking trial. -[Elizabeth] Why not, honey? | -我不打算出席你那该死的庭审 -为什么不呢 亲爱的? |
[1:22:18] | She has to pay for her incompetence. | 她得为自己的无能付出代价 |
[1:22:20] | -Is this about money? -[Elizabeth] No! | -这事跟钱有关吗? -没有! |
[1:22:23] | Is it about what people think? | 跟别人的看法有关吗? |
[1:22:25] | It’s about you. | 这事跟你有关 |
[1:22:28] | It’s about you having to face this thing– | 是你得去面对这件事 |
[1:22:30] | I am facing this! I am facing it! I am facing this! | 我在面对这件事 我在面对! |
[1:22:34] | Well, I don’t think you are. | 我不这么认为 我们需要正义 |
[1:22:37] | We need– we need some justice here. | |
[1:22:40] | No, you need. That is what you want. That is what you need. That is your way! | 不 是你需要 这是你想要的 这是你的需求 这是你做事的方法! |
[1:22:45] | [loudly] That is not my way! That is what you need! | 这不是我做事的方法! 这是你的需求! |
[1:22:49] | [Elizabeth] Martha, if you had done it my way, | 玛莎 如果你当初按我的方法来 |
[1:22:51] | you’d be holding your baby in your arms right now. | 此刻你怀里就会抱着你的孩子 |
[1:23:01] | [gasps] | |
[1:23:06] | You know what? You– | 你猜怎么着 你… |
[1:23:08] | You’re ashamed. | 你觉得丢人 |
[1:23:10] | You’re so ashamed of me. | 我让你觉得非常丢人 |
[1:23:13] | You’re ashamed because I failed. “Oh, what a disgrace!” | 你觉得丢人 因为我失败了 “真是太丢脸了!” |
[1:23:16] | “What a disgrace!” | “真丢脸!” |
[1:23:18] | I failed! | 我失败了! |
[1:23:19] | -[Elizabeth] Yes. -You’re fucking ashamed. | -没错 -你觉得丢人 |
[1:23:21] | And I’m ashamed of me. | 我觉得自己丢人 |
[1:23:23] | That I wasn’t a good enough mother | 觉得自己这个妈妈做得不称职 |
[1:23:24] | to teach you how to stand up and speak for yourself, for God’s sakes. | 没有教会你怎样站出来 为自己争取权利 |
[1:23:30] | And to deal with this. Like my mother taught me. | 没教会你怎样应对这种事 没能像我母亲当初教我那样 |
[1:23:35] | After my father went into the ghetto, my mother found a shack, an empty shack, | 我父亲进集中营后 我母亲找到了一间小屋 一个空棚屋 |
[1:23:41] | that she went into and gave birth to me. | 她住进了棚屋 生下了我 |
[1:23:44] | Without any help at all. | 没有任何人帮她 |
[1:23:47] | She stashed me under the floorboards when she had to go out and steal food | 她需要出去偷食物时 就把我藏在地板下面 |
[1:23:54] | so she could make milk enough to keep me alive, | 她偷食物 是为了确保 自己有足够的奶水 我不会饿死 |
[1:23:57] | but just alive. | 但仅够我活命 |
[1:23:59] | Not strong enough to cry, or we’d be caught. | 不能让我有力气哭 免得我们被抓 |
[1:24:05] | When she finally got me to a doctor, he advised her to just let me go. | 等到她终于能带我去看医生时 医生建议她直接放弃我 |
[1:24:13] | That I wasn’t… | 因为我不够… |
[1:24:15] | I wasn’t strong enough to survive. | 我太虚弱了 活不了的 |
[1:24:18] | But when she absolutely insisted, | 可当她坚持要他救我时 |
[1:24:21] | he picked me up by my feet and held me up like a chicken and said, | 他用手抓住我的双脚 像抓鸡一样抓起来 说 |
[1:24:27] | “If she tries to lift her head, | “如果她试着抬头 |
[1:24:32] | then there’s hope.” | 那就还有希望” |
[1:24:35] | And you know what I did, Martha? | 你知道我怎么做的吗 玛莎? |
[1:24:38] | I lifted my head. | 我抬起了头 |
[1:24:41] | That’s what I’m asking you to do now. | 这就是我现在要你做的 |
[1:24:43] | Lift your head and fight for yourself, for God’s sakes! | 看在老天的份上 抬起头 为自己争取 |
[1:24:47] | Go out there and face that woman. | 出席庭审 面对那个女人 |
[1:24:49] | Tell her what it’s like for you now, what this feels like. | 告诉她你的感受 失去孩子的感受 |
[1:24:55] | You have to do this, Martha. You have to speak your truth. | 你必须这么做 玛莎 你必须说出你的真相 |
[1:24:58] | Otherwise, you’re never gonna be able to deal with this. | 否则 你将永远也无法面对此事 |
[1:25:02] | You’re never gonna be able to move on. | 你将永远也无法释怀 |
[1:25:04] | You’ve got to move on past this, Martha. | 你得要翻过这一章 玛莎 |
[1:25:08] | [Martha whispers] Stop it. Stop it. | 够了 别说了 |
[1:25:15] | [gasps] | |
[1:25:19] | [hesitates] | |
[1:26:47] | [Sean] Maybe I’ll go make some tea. I know my dad always makes tea when– | 也许我该去烧壶茶 我知道我爸在这种时候总会烧壶茶… |
[1:26:51] | When his daughters loathe him? | 他女儿恨他的时候吗? |
[1:26:59] | I think Martha’s starting over. | 我觉得玛莎在试着翻篇 |
[1:27:01] | Good. I’m sorry. I– | 很好 对不起 我… |
[1:27:05] | I never liked you. | 我从来都不喜欢你 |
[1:27:08] | -And it’s not because you’re poor. -No, it’s ’cause I’m, um– | -不是因为你穷 -不 而是因为我… |
[1:27:14] | ‘Cause I’m not an intellectual, and I’m not– I don’t use big words. | 因为我不是知识分子 我不会…用华丽的文字 |
[1:27:19] | And ’cause I’m rough and I’m– | 还因为我是个粗人 我… |
[1:27:22] | Well, here’s a Scrabble word. ‘Cause I’m boorish. | 这个词是《拼字涂鸦》里学的 因为我“土里土气” |
[1:27:26] | [chuckles] Ooh. | |
[1:27:27] | [laughs] | |
[1:27:33] | What do you want? | 你想怎样? |
[1:27:38] | What do I want? I want to… | 我想怎样?我想… |
[1:27:42] | I probably want to go home. | 我也许想要回老家 是的 这是我最想要的 |
[1:27:45] | Yeah, that’s what I want the most. | |
[1:27:47] | And why don’t you? | 那你为何不回老家呢? |
[1:27:50] | We don’t all live like this, you know. | 并不是所有人都像你这么富有 |
[1:28:02] | [chuckles softly] | |
[1:28:07] | Take it and… | 拿着… |
[1:28:09] | don’t come back. | 别再回来了 |
[1:28:11] | Just tell Martha– Tell her anything you want. | 告诉玛莎…随你怎么说都行 |
[1:28:14] | Tell her your father’s sick or you fell in love with somebody else. | 告诉她你父亲病了 或者你爱上了别人 |
[1:28:17] | I don’t care what. | 我不在乎你怎么说 |
[1:28:19] | But just make sure she knows you are never coming back. | 只需要让她知道 你永远不会再回来就行 |
[1:28:51] | [chuckles softly] | |
[1:29:09] | [door opens] | |
[1:29:17] | -Found a little party pooper here. -Huh? | 找到了个“派对扫帚星” |
[1:29:20] | -Party pooper. -[chuckles] Oh. | 派对扫帚星 |
[1:29:22] | Right. | 没错 |
[1:29:27] | Uh, | |
[1:29:29] | I just wanted to say that I didn’t know | 我只是想告诉你 我之前不知道 |
[1:29:32] | that she didn’t tell you I was gonna be here. | 她没告诉你们我会在这里 |
[1:29:34] | Oh, that’s all right. | 没关系 |
[1:29:43] | You a cat or a dog person? | 你是“猫星人”还是“狗星人”? |
[1:29:46] | -Cat person. -[Sean] Yeah? | -“猫星人” -是吗? |
[1:29:48] | Mm-hmm. | |
[1:29:50] | I’m a cat person too. | 我也是 |
[1:29:53] | -Bullshit. -[Sean laughs] | 少扯了 |
[1:29:58] | You know what a cat’s favorite breakfast food is? | 你知道猫咪最喜欢的早餐是什么吗? |
[1:30:01] | -[Suzanne] What? -Mice Krispies. | -什么? -卜卜鼠 |
[1:30:04] | [both chuckle] | |
[1:30:07] | You are far too entertained by that. | 这笑话不至于那么好笑吧 |
[1:30:16] | I wish we’d met earlier, you know. | 我们早点相识就好了 |
[1:30:22] | [Sean sighs] | |
[1:30:27] | Yeah, same. | 是呀 我同意 |
[1:30:29] | [Sean] You ever been to Seattle? | 你去过西雅图吗? |
[1:30:33] | -[Suzanne] No. You? -Yeah. | -没有 你呢? -去过 |
[1:30:38] | I’m headed up there now. | 我现在就要去那里 |
[1:30:41] | It’s nice there. | 那里很不错 |
[1:30:52] | Yeah, I’ll bet. | 是呀 我相信 (3月22日) |
[1:33:28] | [airplane flying overhead] | |
[1:37:08] | [crowd clamoring] | |
[1:37:25] | [reporter] The manslaughter trial | 前助产士、在家分娩的热烈倡导者 |
[1:37:26] | of former midwife and passionate home-birth advocate, | |
[1:37:28] | Eva Woodward, is wrapping up in court today. | 伊娃伍德沃德的过失杀人一案 今天将在法院完成审判 |
[1:37:31] | The 45-year-old is charged with the home-birth death of a baby. | 这位45岁的女子被控 造成一在家出生的婴儿死亡… |
[1:37:34] | [security machine beeps] | |
[1:37:36] | [clamoring continues] | |
[1:37:44] | Okay, good. Thank you. | 好 行了 谢谢 |
[1:37:49] | Well, she could have told– Just give me one second. Hey, Martha. | 她本该告诉…等我一下 你好 玛莎 |
[1:37:52] | Thank you for agreeing to this. | 谢谢你答应出庭 |
[1:37:54] | I can assure you she will serve time in prison. | 我向你保证 她会被判入狱的 |
[1:37:56] | -It should be a walk in the park. -I know. | -整个过程应该会很简单 -我知道 |
[1:38:01] | [indistinct chatter] | |
[1:38:15] | [clerk] All rise. | 全体起立 |
[1:38:17] | Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye. | 注意了 |
[1:38:19] | All persons having anything to do before the Honorable Judge Spencer, | 萨福克郡的所有民众 如你想在本庭正义的象征 |
[1:38:23] | now sitting in the County of Suffolk, the justices of this court, draw near. | 尊敬的斯宾塞法官面前发言 请聚拢过来 |
[1:38:27] | Give your attention, and you shall be heard. | 注意留神 法官会听取你的心声 |
[1:38:30] | God save the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. | 上帝保佑马萨诸塞州联邦 |
[1:38:33] | The court is open. You may be seated. | 现在开庭 你们可以入座了 |
[1:38:39] | [Judge Spencer] Yesterday, we heard opening arguments | 昨天 我们听取了 人民起诉伊娃伍德沃德案的开庭陈词 |
[1:38:41] | on State versus Eva Woodward. | |
[1:38:44] | Prosecution through the district attorney carries the burden of proof. | 地方检察官提起公诉 承担举证责任 |
[1:38:47] | Therefore, the prosecution will go first. | 所以 从控方开始 你可以传第一位证人了 |
[1:38:50] | You may call your first witness. | |
[1:38:52] | [Suzanne] Your Honor, the Commonwealth calls Martha Weiss. | 尊敬的法官 联邦政府传玛莎魏斯出庭 |
[1:38:55] | [Judge Spencer] Ms. Weiss, please come forward and be sworn in by the clerk. | 魏斯女士 请上前来 由工作人员带领宣誓 |
[1:39:08] | Stand there, please. | 请站在这里 |
[1:39:11] | Raise your right hand. | 把右手举起 |
[1:39:13] | Do you promise to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? | 你是否承诺说出真相 全部真相 只说真相? |
[1:39:17] | -[Martha] I do. -Please state your name. | -我承诺 -请说出你的姓名 |
[1:39:19] | Martha Weiss. | 玛莎魏斯 |
[1:39:22] | -[Suzanne] May I, Your Honor? -[Judge Spencer] Please. | -我可以发问了吗 法官大人? -请吧 |
[1:39:32] | Could you please tell the court | 请告诉法庭 |
[1:39:33] | how the defendant came to be the midwife for the delivery of your baby? | 被告是如何成为你分娩的助产士的 |
[1:39:36] | She was standing in for our original midwife | 她是来替我们原先定好的助产士的 |
[1:39:38] | who couldn’t make it to the house in time. | 原来的那个没法及时赶来 |
[1:39:40] | [Suzanne] But you weren’t happy when you heard she was going to be coming | 但你听说会由她来代替 原来的助产士芭芭拉时 |
[1:39:44] | instead of your chosen midwife, Barbara. | 你不是很高兴 |
[1:39:45] | I didn’t know her, but I thought it would be fine. | 我不了解她 不过我当时觉得应该没问题 |
[1:39:48] | [Suzanne] You trusted her to safely deliver your baby. | 你相信她能安全地帮你生下宝宝 |
[1:39:50] | -I did, yes. -[Suzanne] May I ask why you trusted her? | -是的 -我能问一下你为什么会相信她吗? |
[1:39:53] | Because, um, Barbara did and because she was qualified, I guess. | 我想是因为芭芭拉相信她 因为她是合格的助产士 |
[1:39:59] | [Suzanne] During the labor, Ms. Woodward was taking the baby’s heart rate | 在分娩期间 伍德沃德女士给婴儿测了心率 |
[1:40:02] | to see if the baby was okay and that she could handle the labor? | 检查婴儿的情况 看看她是否经得住分娩过程? |
[1:40:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:40:07] | [Suzanne] The first time she checked the baby’s heart rate, it was strong, yes? | 她第一次检查孩子心率时 心跳很有力 对吗? |
[1:40:11] | Yes, it was. | 是的 |
[1:40:13] | [Suzanne] How many times did she check the heart rate? | 她一共检查了多少次心率? |
[1:40:18] | About three, I would say. | 我觉得大概三次吧 |
[1:40:19] | -[Suzanne] Three times? -Yes. | -三次? -是的 |
[1:40:20] | -[Suzanne] That’s all? Only three times? -Yes. | -就这么多?只有三次? -是的 |
[1:40:23] | [Suzanne] And then she told you to take a bath. | -然后她让你去泡个盆浴 -是的 |
[1:40:26] | Yes. | |
[1:40:27] | [Suzanne] Did she take the baby’s heart rate while in the bath? | 你在泡盆浴时 她测量了婴儿的心率吗? |
[1:40:30] | -[Martha] No. -[Suzanne] So, let me get this straight. | -没有 -那么让我弄弄清楚 |
[1:40:32] | There’s a sustained period of time while you were in the bath | 你在泡盆浴时 在持续的一段时间里 |
[1:40:36] | where the baby’s heart rate was not being monitored. | 她没有监测婴儿的心率 |
[1:40:44] | [Martha] Yes. | 是的 |
[1:40:45] | [Suzanne] Did she ever communicate to you explicitly that a lowered heart rate | 她是否曾经明确地告诉过你 |
[1:40:49] | could mean that the baby was in distress and that this could cause her death? | 心率降低可能意味着婴儿处于窘迫中 可能导致她的死亡? |
[1:40:55] | She didn’t say that to me. | 她没跟我说过 |
[1:40:56] | If you knew about the risk, would you have demanded to go to the hospital? | 如果你知道有这种风险 你会要求去医院吗? |
[1:40:59] | Of course I would have wanted to know that. | 我当然会想知道这一点 |
[1:41:02] | -Would you ever willingly harm your baby? -Of course not. | -你会愿意伤害你的宝宝吗? -当然不会 |
[1:41:05] | [Suzanne] No. So if in one of the most difficult moments of your life, | 不会 所以在你人生中 最艰难的时刻之一 |
[1:41:09] | during a difficult labor, | 在一次艰苦的分娩过程中 |
[1:41:11] | the woman who you’ve decided to put your trust in, | 这个你决定信任的女人 |
[1:41:14] | who’s been present at hundreds of births, has far more experience than you do, | 这个曾经历过数百次分娩 经验远远超过你的人 |
[1:41:18] | turns to you and says, “You must go to the hospital right now,” | 告诉你说:“你必须马上去医院” |
[1:41:22] | would you have gone in? Yes or no? | 你会去吗?会还是不会? |
[1:41:33] | Yes, I would have. | 会 我会的 |
[1:41:37] | No further questions, Your Honor. | 我没其他问题了 法官大人 |
[1:41:42] | Mr. Lane, cross-examine? | 莱恩先生 你要盘问证人吗? |
[1:41:50] | [Lane] Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官大人 |
[1:41:53] | First, may I say how deeply sorry I am for your loss? | 首先 你痛失爱女 请允许我表示深切的哀悼 |
[1:41:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:41:59] | [Lane] May I ask you why you decided on a home birth? | 我能否问一下 你当初为什么决定在家分娩? |
[1:42:04] | I wanted the baby to decide when she wanted to come. | 我想让孩子自己决定何时来到世上 |
[1:42:06] | Would it be fair to say you were absolutely determined | 说你当时是下定了决心要在家分娩 |
[1:42:09] | to have a home birth, that you had your heart set on it? | 你执意要那么做 可以这么说吗? |
[1:42:11] | -[Martha] Yes. -[Lane] And your partner agreed with you? | -是的 -而你的伴侣也同意这么做 |
[1:42:15] | We agreed to do it together. Yes. | 我们说好了要一起做的 对 |
[1:42:17] | And you both knew if there was a problem, | 你们都知道 如果出现了问题 |
[1:42:19] | you may have to go to the hospital to deliver the baby. Is that true? | 你可能会需要去医院分娩 对吗? |
[1:42:22] | Of course, yes. | 当然 没错 |
[1:42:23] | [Lane] Because at a hospital, you knew that should a problem arise, | 因为你当时知道 在医院里 如果出现问题 |
[1:42:28] | -that there was equipment– -Yes, I knew that. | -会有相关设备… -对 我知道 |
[1:42:29] | -There was expertise in a crisis– -Yes. | …和专家来处理 -对吗? -对 |
[1:42:32] | And yet, when complications did arrive, | 然而 当分娩出现问题 |
[1:42:35] | and your midwife suggested you may consider going to the hospital | 你的助产士建议你考虑去医院分娩 |
[1:42:39] | because of a heart arrhythmia, you decided to stay at the house. | 因为婴儿出现心律不齐时 你却决定要留在家里 |
[1:42:42] | Yes, but she didn’t say that to me. No. | 对 但她当时没告诉我心律不齐的事 |
[1:42:46] | [Lane] Let me ask this. You said earlier you trust your midwife. Is that right? | 让我问你一个问题 你之前说你信任你的助产士 对吗? |
[1:42:49] | I did. | -对 -好 你信任你的丈夫吗? |
[1:42:50] | [Lane] Yes. And do you trust your husband? | |
[1:42:52] | -My partner? -[Lane] Yes. | -我的伴侣吗? -是的 |
[1:42:54] | Yes, I do… did. | 对 我信任…信任的 |
[1:42:57] | [Lane] Because your partner has given testimony | 因为你的伴侣作证说 |
[1:43:00] | that your midwife strongly advised you should go to the hospital. | 助产士当时强烈建议你去医院分娩 |
[1:43:05] | You say you’re working together as a team. | 你说你们像一支团队一样 |
[1:43:07] | And when your partner asked you to go to the hospital, you refused to go. | 当你的伴侣要求你去医院时 你拒绝了 |
[1:43:11] | Is that correct? | 是这样吗? |
[1:43:16] | Is that correct? | 是这样吗? |
[1:43:20] | I wanted to stay at home myself. | 是我自己想待在家里 |
[1:43:22] | [Lane] And you actively and adamantly stated that to your husband | 而且你主动且坚定地向你丈夫声明 |
[1:43:26] | that you didn’t want to go to the hospital? | 你不想去医院? |
[1:43:28] | [Martha] I did. Yes. | 没错 是的 |
[1:43:29] | [Lane] The few moments after your baby was born, | 你宝宝出生后那段短暂的时间内 |
[1:43:32] | was her breathing disturbed | 她的呼吸有障碍吗? |
[1:43:34] | or was there anything to indicate her condition was poor? | 有什么迹象表明她的情况很差吗? |
[1:43:38] | -No, not at– -[Lane] Did you hear her cry? | -没有 一点… -你听到她哭了吗? |
[1:43:41] | -Yes, a bit. -Did you hold her? | -有一点 -你抱她了吗? |
[1:43:43] | -Yes, I held– -[Lane] Was her body warm or cold? | -是的 我抱了… -她的身体是暖的还是凉的? |
[1:43:50] | I can’t remember that. | 我不记得了 |
[1:43:52] | You can’t remember that? Did you notice anything strange? | 你不记得了? 你注意到什么不对劲的地方吗? |
[1:43:54] | Did you notice that her feet were turning blue and purple? | 你注意到她的脚在发青发紫吗? |
[1:43:59] | -I didn’t look at her feet. -Did you look at her hands? | -我没在看她的脚 -你看她的手了吗? |
[1:44:04] | No. | 没有 |
[1:44:06] | You didn’t look at her feet or her hands. Did you notice the color of her eyes? | 你没有看她的手和脚 你注意到她眼睛的颜色了吗? |
[1:44:10] | Did you notice whether she had blonde hair, | 你注意到她是金色头发 |
[1:44:12] | dark hair, lots of hair, no hair? | 还是深色头发 很多头发 还是没有头发了吗? |
[1:44:17] | Yes, she… | 是的 她… |
[1:44:19] | -[Lane] Pardon me? -It was dark. Yes. | -你说什么? -是深色头发 是的 |
[1:44:21] | [Lane] Her hair was dark. Yes. | 她的头发是深色的 好 |
[1:44:22] | Did you notice anything else? | 你注意到宝宝的其他地方了吗? |
[1:44:24] | That her fingers were long? Or her toes… Did she have ten fingers– | 她的指甲很长?或者她的脚趾… 她有十根手指… |
[1:44:28] | -I said I looked at her face. -[Lane] You looked at her face. | -我说了 我看的是她的脸 -你看的是她的脸 |
[1:44:31] | Yes. | 没错 |
[1:44:33] | What did you feel when you were holding your baby? | 你抱着孩子的时候是什么感觉? |
[1:44:39] | How did I feel? | 我是什么感觉? |
[1:44:40] | [Lane] Yes, how did you feel holding your baby you had just given birth to? | 对 抱着自己刚出生的孩子 你是什么感觉? |
[1:45:02] | She smelled like an apple. [chuckles softly] | 她闻上去有股苹果香 |
[1:45:04] | -She smelled like an apple. -[Martha] Mm-hmm. | 她闻上去有股苹果香 |
[1:45:07] | “What did she feel?” was the question. Did she feel like a healthy baby? | 我问的是她给你的感觉 你觉得她像个健康的婴儿吗? |
[1:45:13] | She did. Yes. | 是的 没错 |
[1:45:14] | [Lane softly] Yes. | 是的 如果你的宝宝 死于类似婴儿猝死综合症… |
[1:45:15] | [sighs] If your baby had died because of something like SIDS– | |
[1:45:20] | [Suzanne] Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官大人 |
[1:45:21] | SIDS has not been established as a definite cause of death. | 并无证据确认 婴儿猝死综合症是婴儿的死因 |
[1:45:24] | Let the jury decide, not the witness. | 请让陪审团决定 不该问证人 |
[1:45:28] | I would like to hear the witness’s testimony as to her state of mind. | 我想听证人讲述 关于她心理状态的证词 |
[1:45:33] | If you feel you can answer the question, I would like you to. | 如果你能回答这个问题 我希望你回答 |
[1:45:38] | [sniffles] Can I have a break? Just one minute? | 我能休息一下吗?就一分钟? |
[1:45:42] | Mr. Lane? | 莱恩先生? |
[1:45:44] | I have no further questions, Your Honor. | 我没有其他问题了 法官大人 |
[1:45:46] | [Judge Spencer] Then this court will be in recess till this afternoon. | 那么本庭将休庭至今天下午 |
[1:45:48] | -Thank you. -The trial will continue after the break. | -谢谢 -庭审将在休庭之后继续 |
[1:45:51] | [clerk] All rise. | 全体起立 |
[1:46:47] | [man] Can I help you? | 有何贵干? 你这里有姓魏斯的客人 送来冲印的胶卷吗? |
[1:46:48] | Um, do you have any photos here under the name of Weiss? | |
[1:46:52] | [man] Weiss. | 魏斯… |
[1:46:55] | Weiss. | 魏斯… 哦 有 |
[1:46:58] | Um– Oh, yeah. | |
[1:47:01] | We prepared the negatives, | 我们把底片洗好了 |
[1:47:02] | but we didn’t print any ’cause we never heard back. | 但没有冲印 因为客人没有再联系过 |
[1:47:05] | -You wanna check them out? -Yes. Is that okay? | -你想看看吗? -想的 可以看吗? |
[1:47:08] | [man] Sure. | 当然可以 |
[1:47:10] | There you go. | 给 |
[1:47:40] | -Can you print them right now? -[man] Sure. | -你能现在就冲印吗? -当然可以 |
[1:47:59] | It just takes a second. | 只需要一小会儿 |
[1:48:01] | I’ll be back in a minute. | 我马上回来 |
[1:48:13] | [Martha breathing shakily] | |
[1:48:24] | [sniffles] | |
[1:48:38] | [whimpers] | |
[1:48:40] | [shakily] Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[1:48:44] | Oh, God. | 我的天 |
[1:49:14] | [breathing shakily] | |
[1:49:22] | [Lane] Your Honor, I’d like to submit additional documents indicating | 法官大人 我想提交额外的文件 |
[1:49:27] | certain inconsistencies that were presented earlier by the prosecution. | 指出控方先前提出的某些不一致之处 -我能跟法官说句话吗? -直接说吗? |
[1:49:34] | [door closes] | |
[1:49:49] | [Martha] Could I just have a word with the judge? | |
[1:49:52] | [clerk] Directly? | |
[1:49:52] | -[Martha] Yes. -[clerk] That’s not usually allowed. | -是的 -这通常是不允许的 |
[1:49:55] | -[Martha] I know. But do you mind asking? -I will ask him. | 我知道 但你介意问一下吗? -我来问他 -谢谢 请在这里等一下 |
[1:49:57] | -Thank you. -Please wait here. | |
[1:50:00] | Judge, Miss Weiss would like to address the court. | 法官大人 魏斯小姐有话要对本法庭说 |
[1:50:03] | That’s highly unusual, but I’d like to hear what she has to say. | 这很不寻常 不过我想听听她想说些什么 |
[1:50:07] | Miss Weiss, you wish to address the court? | 魏斯小姐 你有话想对本法庭说? |
[1:50:09] | Yes, thank you. | 是的 谢谢 |
[1:50:30] | This woman… | 这个女人… |
[1:50:34] | did not intentionally harm my girl. | 并没有故意伤害我女儿 |
[1:50:41] | She only wanted to deliver a healthy baby that night. [sobs] | 那天晚上 她只是想 接生出一个健康的宝宝 |
[1:50:46] | And I do not think it is your fault. | 我觉得这件事不是你的错 |
[1:50:48] | I do not think it is her fault. | 我觉得这事不是她的错 |
[1:50:53] | And thank you. | 我要谢谢你 |
[1:51:04] | There might be a reason for what happened, but we are not gonna find it in this room. | 发生这种事可能是有原因的 但原因不在这间房间里 |
[1:51:13] | And if I stand here and ask for compensation or money, | 如果我站在这里要求补偿或者要钱 |
[1:51:20] | then I am– | 那我就是… |
[1:51:22] | I’m saying that I can be compensated, and I can’t. | 我就是在说我失去的是可以补偿的 但它是补偿不了的 |
[1:51:28] | I can’t bring her back. | 我没法让她复活 |
[1:51:30] | No money or verdicts or sentences can… | 任何金钱、判决或者刑法都… |
[1:51:35] | can bring back what… | 不能让她复活… |
[1:51:41] | How can I give this pain to someone else? | 我怎么能把这种痛苦施加给其他人? |
[1:51:44] | Someone who’s already suffered? | 其他已经在忍受痛苦的人? |
[1:51:47] | And I know she would not want that. | 我知道她不会希望我那么做的 |
[1:51:50] | At all. | 一点不会 |
[1:51:54] | That is not why my daughter came into this world | 我女儿来到这个世界上的短暂瞬间 |
[1:51:58] | for the time that she did. | 不是为了让我那么做的 |
[1:52:13] | [laughs, gasps] | |
[1:52:18] | And that is all I have to say. Thank you. | 我说完了 谢谢 |
[1:52:24] | [crying] | |
[1:52:28] | -Thank you, Miss Weiss. -[clerk] All rise. | -谢谢你 魏斯小姐 -全体起立 |
[1:53:02] | [birds chirping] | |
[1:54:15] | [Anita] Base panel. | 这是基本面板 他往里看 我问:“什么?这是动画片里的” |
[1:54:16] | And he looked in and I was like, “What? It was from a cartoon.” | |
[1:54:20] | I remember ’cause it was like a neon green. | 我记得 因为那是霓虹绿 |
[1:54:23] | -Yeah, do you remember this, Mom? -Thank you. | -对 你记得吗 妈妈? -谢谢 |
[1:54:26] | But we didn’t order that. | 但我们没点这个 |
[1:54:28] | Yes, you did, Mom. | 你点了 妈妈 |
[1:54:31] | I did? | -是吗? -妈 这是柠檬千层卷 你很喜欢的 |
[1:54:32] | [Anita] Mom, it’s lemon poppy. You love it. | |
[1:54:34] | Lemon poppy? I don’t love lemon poppy. | 柠檬千层卷?我不喜欢吃柠檬千层卷 |
[1:54:37] | -Oh, my God, um… -No. | -哦 我的天 -别这样 |
[1:54:38] | [Elizabeth] No? | 别这样? |
[1:54:40] | -Okay. -Jerry Thompson. | -好吧 -杰里汤普森 |
[1:54:42] | [Anita] Jerry Thompson. | 杰里汤普森 |
[1:54:43] | -[Martha] That was it. -[Anita] Yeah. | -就是它 -是的 |
[1:54:45] | -Yes. -[Anita] One year we went to that party. | -对 -有一年 我们去了个派对 |
[1:54:47] | It was like some older guy was throwing a party, and we snuck out. | 是一个年长一点的家伙开的派对 我们溜出去 去了派对 |
[1:54:50] | -Sorry, now you know. -[Elizabeth chuckles] | 抱歉 现在你知道了 |
[1:54:52] | And we went as, like, two pieces of candy. | 我们就像两块糖果 |
[1:54:56] | [Martha] Yes! | 没错! |
[1:54:57] | [Anita] No, you know what you’re thinking of, | 不 因为你知道自己在想什么 因为我们的感恩节服装是你做的 |
[1:54:59] | ’cause you made our Thanksgiving costumes. | |
[1:55:01] | What do you remember? | 你记得些什么? (4月3日) |
[1:56:29] | [birds chirping] | |
[1:58:17] | [Martha] Lucy! | 露西! |
[1:58:23] | Lucy! | 露西! |
[1:58:28] | Luce! | 露西! |
[1:58:31] | Lucianna! | 露西安娜! |
[1:58:39] | Hey, baby. | 嘿 宝贝 |
[1:58:41] | It’s dinner. | 晚餐时间到了 |
[1:58:44] | Come down. Time to eat, bug. | 下来 该吃饭了 宝贝 |
[1:58:47] | [Lucianna] Okay. | 好 这就对了 |
[1:58:49] | [Martha grunts] There you are. | |
[1:58:51] | [Lucianna] I’m hungry. What’s for dinner? | 我饿了 晚饭吃什么? |
[1:58:53] | [Martha] It’s your favorite. | 你最喜欢的 |
[1:58:54] | [Lucianna] Popsicle? | 冰棍吗? |
[1:58:56] | [Martha] Mm-mm. | |
[1:58:57] | [Lucianna] Tacos? | 炸玉米饼? |
[1:58:58] | [Martha] No. | 不是 |
[1:58:59] | [Lucianna] Jelly sandwich? | 果冻三明治? |
[1:59:01] | [Martha] Definitely not. | 绝对不是 |
[1:59:03] | -[Lucianna] Popcorn? -Mm-mm. | 爆米花? |
[1:59:05] | [Lucianna] Then I’m not hungry. | 那我就不饿了 |
[1:59:08] | [Martha] You wanna run in? | 想跑进去吗? s |