时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | Have a good day. | 祝你今天开心 |
[00:04] | Hey, if you need a place to stay… | 如果你需要一个容身之处的话 |
[00:06] | There’s an old couch in my basement. | 我家地下室里有个旧沙发 |
[00:10] | My mom will never know. | 我妈不会知道的 |
[00:11] | Was there a second watch? Was anyone else keeping time? | 有其他计时器吗 或是有其他人计时吗 |
[00:13] | It was a tie, Paige. You and Emily tied. | 是平局 佩奇 你和艾米丽不分胜负 |
[00:17] | You need to be home where you’re safe. | 你需要回家 回到安全的地方 |
[00:20] | You could chain me to this porch, | 你可以把我囚禁在这个门廊上 |
[00:23] | and I’d still never touch you like that again. | 但我永远不会再像那样碰你了 |
[00:25] | I just got off the phone with Mrs. Potter’s housekeeper. | 我刚和波特女士的管家通完电话 |
[00:28] | Mrs. Potter had a heart attack. | 波特女士心脏病突发 |
[00:30] | Paige? | 佩奇 |
[00:32] | I’m sorry, Emily. | 对不起 艾米丽 |
[00:35] | I just wanted you to know that. | 我只是想让你知道我很抱歉 |
[00:37] | I think maybe you’re being framed. | 我觉得你可能是被陷害的 |
[00:39] | What changed your mind? | 是什么改变了你的看法 |
[00:40] | I think somebody might be trying to do the same thing to me. | 我觉得或许有人企图对我故技重施 |
[00:43] | So, this is what a real date with Ezra Fitz looks like. | 原来跟以斯拉·费兹约会是这排场 |
[00:48] | Lead the way. | 你带路呗 |
[00:49] | I gave your mom the museum ticket. | 是我把艺术馆的票给你妈的 |
[00:51] | 想帮妈妈赚钱吗 让艾瑞亚她妈看到她女儿掩藏的事 -A | |
[00:51] | Why would you do that? | 你为什么那么做 |
[00:52] | “A” Has something on me. | A手上有我的把柄 |
[00:54] | “A” Has something on all of us, Hanna. | A有我们所有人的把柄 汉娜 |
[00:58] | Okay, Your sister’s pregnant. How’d that happen? | 你姐姐怀孕了 如何发生的 |
[01:01] | I figure pretty much the usual way. | 就这么发生了呗 |
[01:04] | It’s not really a “How” question. | 你不应该问”如何” |
[01:05] | It’s more of a “Why” question. | 而该问”为什么” |
[01:08] | Well, I mean, I guess Melissa could have gone all maternal, | 我想梅丽莎可能是母性爆发了吧 |
[01:12] | but I doubt it. | 但我有点怀疑 |
[01:14] | This is so creepy. | 这也太恐怖了 |
[01:15] | Where are they now? | 他们现在在哪儿 |
[01:17] | Philadelphia. Shopping. | 在费城大采购呢 |
[01:19] | What do you think this means? | 你觉得这是什么意思 |
[01:21] | I don’t know, but Toby wanted us to have it. | 不知道 但是托比给了我们这个 |
[01:24] | There. | 这儿 |
[01:26] | It’s in braille, so… | 是用盲文写的 所以 |
[01:30] | – You want to see this, Aria? – No. | -你想过来看这个吗 艾瑞亚 -不 |
[01:33] | I can see just fine from here. | 我在这儿看就挺好的 |
[01:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[01:43] | The first letter is a “B”. | 第一个字母是B |
[01:51] | “A”. It’s an “A”. | A 是A |
[01:54] | I think it’s gonna tell us who “A” is. | 我觉得这是要告诉我们A是谁吧 |
[02:00] | D “D”. | |
[02:02] | B-A-D B-A-D. | |
[02:06] | “Bad.” | “坏蛋” |
[02:08] | That’s the whole message? “Bad?” | 这就是所有的信息吗 “坏蛋” |
[02:11] | What’s it supposed to mean? | 这应该是什么意思呢 |
[02:12] | It means you got punked. | 意思就是你被耍了 |
[02:14] | Toby doesn’t trust us. I don’t blame him. | 托比不信任我们 我不怪他 |
[02:18] | No, I don’t think he’d mess with us like this. | 不 我觉得他不会这样耍我们的 |
[02:20] | You’d be surprised what people are capable of. | 你会对人的潜能大吃一惊的 |
[02:23] | You guys, we have to figure this out. | 姐妹们 我们得搞清楚这是什么意思 |
[02:25] | This might be a joke, but it could be something real. | 这也许是个玩笑 但也可能是真的 |
[02:27] | Look, either way, Toby’s not the enemy. | 不管怎样 托比都不是我们的敌人 |
[02:32] | You know what, guys? I’m gonna go. | 姐妹们 我要走了 |
[02:35] | What was that all about? | 她怎么回事 |
[02:37] | How should I know? | 我怎么知道 |
[03:15] | Doesn’t look like very much. | 看起来不怎么多啊 |
[03:16] | Well, it’s all we have. | 这是我们的全部家当了 |
[03:18] | The rest is gone. | 剩下的都没了 |
[03:20] | You know, mom, Mrs. Potter doesn’t need that money anymore. | 妈妈 波特女士不再需要那笔钱了 |
[03:23] | No, but we can’t keep it. | 是不需要 但我们也不能留着这笔钱 |
[03:25] | No, not keep it, | 不 不是留着 |
[03:26] | But I don’t know, maybe we could | 我也不知道 或许我们可以 |
[03:28] | give it to somebody who needs it. | 把钱给那些需要它的人 |
[03:31] | I love you for thinking that, | 我很高兴你能这么想 |
[03:33] | but I just want this nightmare to be over. | 但我只想早点结束这场噩梦 |
[03:36] | I’m putting the money back in the safe deposit box, what is left of it. | 我准备把剩下的钱放回保险箱里 |
[03:40] | – I’ll see you tonight. – All right. | -晚上见 -好的 |
[03:41] | Bye, mom. | 再见 妈妈 |
[03:51] | I left a wakeup call for nine. | 我设了九点的闹钟 |
[03:54] | Do you want something to eat? | 你想吃点什么吗 |
[03:56] | You mean this is one of those basement breakfast places? | 你是说这儿也是地下室早餐点之一吗 |
[04:00] | I don’t know how long we can keep doing this. | 我不知道我们能这样下去多久 |
[04:03] | Well, it won’t be long. | 不会很久的 |
[04:06] | You’d go back to your foster parents? | 你要回养父母那儿去吗 |
[04:08] | Not a chance. | 怎么可能 |
[04:10] | But I’ve almost saved up enough to get out to Arizona. | 但我已经差不多攒够去亚利桑那州的钱了 |
[04:12] | I have a friend in Flagstaff. | 我有个朋友在旗杆市 |
[04:15] | You gonna miss me? | 你会想我吗 |
[04:17] | Well, it was nice knowing | 知道半夜听到的碰撞声 |
[04:18] | when something goes bump in the night, it’s you. | 是你发出的 这点还挺好的 |
[04:21] | What have you got to be afraid of? | 是什么让你感到害怕呢 |
[04:35] | Forgot this. | 忘带这个了 |
[04:37] | Honey? Put on gloves if you’re gonna do the dishes. | 亲爱的 要洗碗的话 把手套带上 |
[04:41] | Right. | 好的 |
[05:08] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[05:10] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[05:12] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我不能再这么下去了 |
[05:14] | Last night after I left I felt awful. | 我昨晚离开后感觉糟透了 |
[05:16] | I’m sorry for what I did and– | 我对我做的一切 |
[05:19] | and what almost happened. | 和差点酿成的大祸感到很抱歉 |
[05:21] | I should have figured it out. | 我应该想明白的 |
[05:23] | At least I should have listened to you. | 起码我应该听你解释 |
[05:25] | Yeah, well, it was terrible, but… | 是啊 这是挺糟的 但是 |
[05:28] | All I could think about was my mom. | 我当时只顾着想我妈了 |
[05:32] | I’m sorry. I was so mean. | 对不起 我对你太坏了 |
[05:35] | Well, I had it coming. | 没事 我有心理准备 |
[05:37] | No. | 不 |
[05:39] | I was thinking– | 我在想 |
[05:40] | “A” could have given that ticket to my mom, | A可以直接把那张票给我妈 |
[05:42] | but they made you do it | 但是却让你去做 |
[05:43] | just to make it hurt more. | 只为造成更大的伤害 |
[05:45] | I want to say that it’s all “A’s” fault, | 我很想说这都是A的错 |
[05:47] | but I’m the one who gave your mom that ticket. | 但确实是我把票给你妈的 |
[05:52] | And I don’t like knowing what I’m capable of. | 我真后悔自己会这么做 |
[05:54] | Yeah, but you didn’t go through with it. | 是啊 但你及时停止了 |
[05:56] | Okay? That’s the difference. | 知道吗 这就是区别 |
[06:02] | It was a silent auction, | 当时参加了一场无声拍卖 |
[06:04] | and a private book signing and coffee with the author. | 私人签名售书 还和作者一起喝了咖啡 |
[06:07] | I really liked his early work, | 我很喜欢他早期那部 |
[06:08] | that book about the teacher in Newark. | 讲述一个在纽瓦克市的老师的书 |
[06:10] | So, do you want coffee with Leonard Adams | 那你想和伦纳德·亚当斯一起喝咖啡 |
[06:13] | – and an autographed book? – Count me in. | -并得到他亲笔签名的书吗 -算我一个 |
[06:15] | What was the name of the newark book? | 那部讲纽瓦克的书叫什么名字 |
[06:18] | Loose leaf. | 《活页》 |
[06:19] | That was good, wasn’t it? | 那书不错 是吧 |
[06:20] | Well, why don’t you come with us, Ella? | 埃拉 你干嘛不和我们一起去呢 |
[06:22] | How many people can you bring? | 你能带多少人去 |
[06:24] | As–as many as I want. | 想带多少带多少 |
[06:26] | Well, come with us, Ella. | 那跟我们一起去吧 埃拉 |
[06:28] | All right, I will. | 好的 我会去的 |
[06:32] | You know, Aria might be right about this. | 或许艾瑞亚说得对 |
[06:35] | Toby does have every reason to give us a hard time. | 托比完全有理由给我们制造麻烦 |
[06:38] | I suppose, but that’s just not the feeling | 我也这么想 但我和他谈话时 |
[06:41] | that I got from talking to him. | 他给我的感觉不是这样的 |
[06:43] | – Do you know what I mean? – Yeah, I do. | -你懂我的意思吗 -我懂 |
[06:46] | What is with you and the artful dodger? | 你和那个逃难者是怎么一回事啊 |
[06:49] | – Who? – Caleb. | -谁 -凯勒 |
[06:51] | I thought that thing at the swim meet was a one-off. | 我以为上次游泳比赛见过就完了呢 |
[06:53] | – It was. – We just saw you talking to him. | -是啊 -可我们刚看见你又和他说话了 |
[06:56] | And you gave him something that looked like a wet oven mitt. | 你好像给了他一双湿的微波炉手套 |
[06:58] | – It was his hat. – What are you doing with his hat? | -那是他的帽子 -你拿他帽子干嘛 |
[07:01] | Why shouldn’t I have his hat? | 我就不能拿他帽子吗 |
[07:03] | Hanna, maybe you’re looking | 汉娜 或许你和肖恩分手后 |
[07:06] | for something a little edgier after Sean. | 想找个更犀利点的 |
[07:09] | But this guy is dark. | 不过这家伙很邪恶 |
[07:11] | Spencer, he’s not that dark. | 斯宾塞 他没那么坏 |
[07:12] | He’s dark enough. | 坏透了 |
[07:14] | Well, he’s no arthur dodger, whoever that is. | 他才不是什么逃难者呢 |
[07:16] | Yeah, he’s just had it tough. | 他只是生活上有点困难罢了 |
[07:18] | Are you two on speaking terms again? | 你们俩又和好了吗 |
[07:21] | Of course we are. | 当然了 |
[07:23] | You need to be really careful about that guy. | 你真得防着点那家伙 |
[07:26] | Well, it seems to me we had this conversation once about Toby. | 貌似我们以前也是这么说托比的吧 |
[07:39] | I’m looking for coach Walton. | 我来找沃尔顿教练 |
[07:42] | Is the coach expecting you? | 你跟她预约了吗 |
[07:43] | The coach is avoiding me. That’s what the coach is doing. | 她在躲着我 这就是她的回应 |
[07:46] | Are you a parent? | 你是家长吗 |
[07:48] | Yes, I’m a parent. Nick McCullers. | 是的 我是家长 尼克·麦卡勒斯 |
[07:50] | My daughter is Paige McCullers. | 佩奇·麦卡勒斯是我女儿 |
[07:51] | I have your daughter in English comp. | 我是你女儿的英文课老师 |
[07:53] | I’m Ezra Fitz. | 我是以斯拉·费兹 |
[07:55] | The coach. | 教练呢 |
[07:56] | Tell you what, why don’t we walk down to the principal’s office | 要不我们去校长室看看 |
[07:58] | and see if we can’t find coach Walton? | 能不能找到沃尔顿教练吧 |
[08:00] | Actually, I’ve seen the principal, and all I got | 事实上 我已经见过校长了 |
[08:02] | was a lot of politically correct double-talk | 他说了一堆关于什么权利平等的漂亮话 |
[08:05] | about the agenda in this place that’s penalizing my daughter, | 而实际上我女儿受到了不公的待遇 |
[08:07] | taking opportunities away from her | 把明明是属于她的机会 |
[08:09] | and giving them to someone who doesn’t deserve them! | 让给其他不够格的运动员 |
[08:11] | Everybody gets a fair chance here, Mr. McCullers. | 麦卡勒斯先生 这里每个人都是平等的 |
[08:13] | We go out of our way to make sure that that’s how it works. | 我们都特别用心地工作来达到这一标准 |
[08:16] | My girl is the best swimmer on that team, | 我女儿是游泳队里最棒的 |
[08:18] | and you can’t give it to somebody just because– | 你们不能把机会让给别人就因为… |
[08:20] | Yor’re in a cafeteria, Mr. McCullers, | 这里是食堂 麦卡勒斯先生 |
[08:23] | filled with kids trying to have lunch. | 都是些来吃午饭的学生 |
[08:25] | I don’t think that’s the audience you want, is it? | 你也不想在他们面前吵架吧 |
[08:55] | Hello, Mrs. Marin. I’m James Lehand. | 你好 玛琳女士 我是詹姆斯·利兰 |
[08:58] | Have a seat, Mr. Leland. | 请坐 利兰先生 |
[09:00] | I’m sorry, my regular assistant didn’t make your appointment. | 抱歉 我的日常助理没和您预约 |
[09:03] | All I know is, you need to speak to an officer. | 据我所知 你想找个主管谈 |
[09:06] | I’m Esther Potter’s nephew. | 我是艾斯特·波特的外甥 |
[09:08] | She died recently. | 她最近去世了 |
[09:10] | Yes, I’m sorry. She was a loyal customer. | 是的 我很遗憾 她是我们的忠实客户 |
[09:13] | I’d like to talk to you about her accounts, | 我是来跟你谈她的账户的 |
[09:16] | her safety deposit box. | 她的保险箱 |
[09:18] | Um… Actually, | 实际上 |
[09:20] | we were under the impression | 据我们所知 |
[09:22] | Mrs. Potter had no living relatives. | 波特女士没有亲戚在世 |
[09:25] | She certainly was the last of the Potters. | 她确实是波特家的最后一脉香火了 |
[09:28] | But her sister married my grandfather | 但是她姐姐和我爷爷是在锡拉库扎 |
[09:31] | up in Syracuse, where I’m from. | 结婚的 也就是我的家乡 |
[09:33] | I think technically that makes me a great-nephew. | 我想理论上来说 我也算是个甥孙了 |
[09:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:38] | Well, the state revenue agency will need to see your I.D. | 你需要向州税局出示你的身份证 |
[09:42] | before I can release any information | 我才能提供保险箱的信息 |
[09:43] | or give you access to the safe deposit box. | 或是给你保险箱的钥匙 |
[09:46] | I thought so. | 我也是这么想的 |
[09:48] | I brought copies. | 我把复印件带来了 |
[09:50] | Oh… Good. | 很好 |
[09:54] | Leland & Daley? | 利兰&戴利 |
[09:55] | Yes, we’re architects. | 是的 我们是建筑师 |
[09:58] | I will get these to the revenue agency. | 我会把复印件送到税务局的 |
[10:00] | It’s a little late in the day to expect a response. | 今天有点晚了 可能等不到答复了 |
[10:04] | I have business in the area. | 我正好在这儿有点生意要谈 |
[10:06] | I’m here for a few days. | 会在这里逗留几天 |
[10:10] | My cell number’s on there. | 我的电话号码在名片上 |
[10:11] | Of course. | 好的 |
[10:15] | Were you and your aunt… close? | 你和你的姨母亲近吗 |
[10:18] | For most of my life, | 她给我的印象基本上 |
[10:19] | she was a birthday card with a $5 bill in it. | 就是张夹着五美元的生日贺卡 |
[10:22] | But she never missed a birthday. | 不过她每次生日都会记得 |
[10:26] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[10:28] | How about you? How well did you know my aunt? | 你呢 你了解我姨母吗 |
[10:31] | My great-aunt. | 我的姨祖母 |
[10:35] | She came in once a year, | 她一年来一次 |
[10:38] | like santa claus. | 跟圣诞老人一样 |
[10:41] | She was very sweet. | 她是个很好的人 |
[10:43] | When I called, they told me | 我打电话的时候 他们告诉我说 |
[10:44] | that you had spoken to her just before she died. | 你在她死之前和她聊过天 |
[10:47] | I’d like to know what you thought of her. | 我想知道你对她的看法 |
[10:50] | I don’t know what I could tell you. | 我也不知道能告诉你些什么 |
[10:52] | We could talk about it over drinks. | 我们可以边喝边聊 |
[10:55] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[10:57] | Consider it. You’ve got the number. | 考虑一下 你有我号码的 |
[11:01] | I will get these to the revenue office. | 我会把复印件送去税务局的 |
[11:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[11:20] | Listen, I didn’t know my dad was coming. | 听着 我不知道我爸爸会来 |
[11:22] | He wanted to know how somebody could beat me. | 他想知道怎么会有人能打败我 |
[11:23] | He wanted to know if I slacked off, but I didn’t. | 想看看我是不是偷懒了 但我没有 |
[11:25] | You know I didn’t. | 你知道我没有 |
[11:27] | I told him we tied but you got the slot. | 我跟他说我们平手 但你却得以上场 |
[11:28] | – Because I’m gay? – No. | -就因为我是同性恋吗 -不是 |
[11:31] | I didn’t say anything. He must have asked around. | 我什么都没说 他一定是四处打听知道的 |
[11:33] | But I didn’t tell him. I swear. | 我真没告诉他 我发誓 |
[11:35] | I have to go to class. | 我要去上课了 |
[11:38] | So you can’t make it to any of | 那你就是一个家长会 |
[11:40] | the teacher conferences? | 也去不了咯 |
[11:41] | No. I can do them. | 是的 去也行 |
[11:42] | I just need to reschedule them for tomorrow. | 但是明天的行程就都得重新安排了 |
[11:43] | You don’t have to see all of them. | 你不用每个老师都见的 |
[11:45] | You should meet her French teacher, Mr. Carinci, | 你该去见见她的法语老师 柯伦斯先生 |
[11:47] | – and… Oh, are you going to meet Ezra? – Ezra? | -对了 你要去见以斯拉吗 -以斯拉 |
[11:50] | Ezra Fitz, her English teacher. | 以斯拉·费兹 她的英语老师 |
[11:52] | Aria’s crazy about him, | 艾瑞亚对他可崇拜了 |
[11:53] | and I can see why. | 我现在知道是为什么了 |
[11:55] | He’s very smart, he’s attractive, sensitive. | 他思维敏捷 很吸引人 又感性 |
[11:58] | Does he also play guitar? | 他也弹吉他吗 |
[12:00] | Uh, not that I know of, | 这我倒不知道 |
[12:01] | but he does know how to handle a loose cannon. | 不过他挺会对付那些我行我素的人的 |
[12:03] | Today Nick McCullers showed up. | 今天尼克·麦卡勒斯来学校了 |
[12:05] | McCullers. From the library board? | 麦卡勒斯 图书馆委员会的那个吗 |
[12:07] | The same one,with the very same paranoia. | 就是那个人 还是一样那么偏执 |
[12:09] | He was about to launch into the gay agenda | 他居然准备在食堂里 |
[12:11] | right there in the cafeteria. | 说些同性恋权利的言论 |
[12:13] | Ezra totally calmed the waters, | 是以斯拉平息了风波 |
[12:15] | completely defused the situation. | 缓和了场面 |
[12:17] | It was something to see. | 值得一看 |
[12:18] | Hmm. Well, I’m sorry I missed that. | 真可惜我没看到 |
[12:20] | You should meet him. You’ll like him. | 你该见见他 你会喜欢他的 |
[12:23] | – I’m late. – Listen, Ella. | -我要迟到了 -对了 埃拉 |
[12:26] | I thought maybe we could just pick up from where we left off. | 我想我们或许可以重修旧好 |
[12:29] | Maybe next friday? | 下周五怎么样 |
[12:31] | Sure. | 好的 |
[12:33] | Uh, I can’t. I’m actually | 呃 我不行 我跟以斯拉 |
[12:35] | going to a book signing with Ezra. Leonard Adams. | 约好去参加伦纳德·亚当斯的签名售书会 |
[12:38] | A-adams? I thought you hated Adams. | 亚当斯 我还以为你讨厌亚当斯呢 |
[12:40] | I liked his early stuff. Rain check? | 我喜欢他早期的作品 改天吧 |
[12:44] | Yeah, rain check. | 好的 改天 |
[12:54] | Toby? | 托比 |
[12:57] | Can I talk to you a second? | 我能跟你说几句吗 |
[12:59] | I can’t talk. | 我没时间说话 |
[13:01] | Something’s up with the D.A. | 地方检察官找我有事 |
[13:03] | The lawyer’s driving me over to my dad’s office. | 律师要把我送去我爸的办公室 |
[13:05] | Just tell me– Was that supposed to be a joke? | 告诉我 那是个玩笑吗 |
[13:08] | Were you just trying to get back at me? Because if you were– | 你是想报复我的吗 要真这样的话 |
[13:10] | I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[13:12] | I’m talking about what I found in my book. | 我说的是我在书里找到的东西 |
[13:15] | The braille that you wanted me to have. | 你给我的那行盲文 |
[13:17] | That was no joke. | 那不是玩笑 |
[13:18] | “Bad”? | “坏蛋” |
[13:19] | The whole message was “Bad.” What does that mean? | 整个信息就是”坏蛋” 什么意思 |
[13:21] | Am I supposed to go buy an old Michael Jackson album? | 难道要我去买张MJ的旧专辑吗 |
[13:24] | You’re reading it wrong. | 你读的方式不对 |
[13:28] | I can’t do this now. Come back Saturday in the morning. | 我现在没法跟你解释 周六早上过来吧 |
[13:33] | Jenna is out at her flute lesson. | 詹娜出去上长笛课了 |
[14:04] | I think you’re taking a big chance with this guy. | 我觉得你跟他在一起是在冒险 |
[14:07] | I am a very good judge of character. | 我看人很准的 |
[14:09] | Is that why you fixed Aria up with an old con? | 所以你就撮合艾瑞亚跟一老骗子吗 |
[14:12] | An old con who had everyone fooled. | 一个耍了所有人的老骗子 |
[14:14] | Maybe Caleb is the same. | 也许凯勒也是一样 |
[14:19] | It’s… Only Hanna. | 只是汉娜而已 |
[14:20] | I wasn’t asking you who you were on the phone with. | 我并没问你跟谁打电话 |
[14:23] | Do you want the last bit of cobbler? | 你想要最后一点果馅饼吗 |
[14:25] | I can bring it up for you. | 我可以给你拿过来 |
[14:27] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[14:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:36] | – What do you mean, “Only Hanna?” – It’s my mom. | -什么叫”只是汉娜而已” -是我妈 |
[14:38] | Things are still sub-zero around here. | 我跟她还在冷战 |
[14:41] | Did you tell her about Paige’s dad coming to school? | 你告诉她佩奇她爸来学校的事了吗 |
[14:43] | No point. She’ll say it’s my fault | 没用的 她会说是我自作自受 |
[14:46] | for choosing a disgusting lifestyle. | 谁叫我选了这么个恶心的生活方式呢 |
[14:48] | Paige is such a nob. | 佩奇真是欠揍 |
[14:50] | I don’t think it’s all her fault. | 我觉得也不全是她的错 |
[14:52] | What do you mean? | 你什么意思 |
[14:56] | What’s going on between you and Aria? | 你跟艾瑞亚之间是怎么回事啊 |
[14:58] | It’s nothing you have to worry about. | 你没什么好担心的 |
[15:00] | You were snarking at each other | 你们俩冷眼相对 |
[15:02] | like you were on a reality show. | 好像在演真人秀似的 |
[15:04] | “The Real Teens of Rosewood.” | “玫瑰镇青少年的真实生活” |
[15:07] | Oh, tell me about Toby. | 跟我说说托比吧 |
[15:10] | He says we have what he wanted us to have. | 他说那个就是他想给我们的东西 |
[15:14] | It’s the right message, | 信息没错 |
[15:15] | I’m just reading it wrong. | 只是我读的方式不对 |
[15:18] | He wants me to come to his house Saturday. | 他想让我周六去他家 |
[15:20] | Are you going? | 你去吗 |
[15:22] | If I don’t, how are we gonna figure this out? | 我不去的话 我们又怎么查出真相呢 |
[15:24] | I’m shut out with Melissa and Ian. | 我已经被梅丽莎和伊恩排斥在外了 |
[15:30] | Where are you? | 你在哪儿 |
[15:32] | What do you mean? I’m right here. | 你什么意思 我就在家啊 |
[15:34] | Any fire truck you can hear at your house I can hear at mine. | 消防车的声音我们两家应该都能听到 |
[15:37] | Oh, my god! Are you in his apartment? | 天啊 你是在他家吗 |
[15:43] | Are you on the bed? | 你是在床上吗 |
[15:45] | No. I’m not on the bed. | 不是 我没在床上 |
[15:48] | Is he there? | 他在吗 |
[15:49] | N-not exactly. | 暂时不在 |
[15:51] | Is he taking a shower? | 他在洗澡吗 |
[15:53] | He’s getting take-out for dinner. | 我出去买外卖了 |
[15:55] | And this call’s becoming very 1-900. | 这电话开始变成10086了吗 |
[15:58] | “To talk to a hot English teacher, press 3.” | “与火辣英文老师讲话 请按3” |
[16:02] | Call ending now. | 我要挂了 |
[16:03] | – Tomorrow? – Yeah, tomorrow. | -明天吗 -没错 明天 |
[16:10] | – Hey. – Hi there. | -嘿 -好啊 |
[16:15] | Sorry it took so long. | 抱歉去了这么久 |
[16:17] | It’s okay. | 没事 |
[16:20] | Looks like Rose of Sharon has been discovered. | 看来大家都发现了木槿小吃店 |
[16:22] | Big crowd at the take-out counter. | 外卖窗口外一大堆人 |
[16:27] | I meet your dad tomorrow. | 我明天要和你爸见面 |
[16:30] | I know. | 我知道 |
[16:32] | I was thinking this is gonna be a bit more complex | 我在想这将会比平常的家长会 |
[16:34] | than the usual parent-teacher discussion. | 要稍微复杂些 |
[16:38] | I mean, I can see your mom’s a colleague, she’s safe. | 我可以将你妈视为同事 没什么大碍 |
[16:42] | But your dad is your dad, which is complex. | 但你爸就是你爸 有点复杂 |
[16:46] | You will like him, he’ll like you. | 你会喜欢他 他会喜欢你 |
[16:48] | Just be your normal incredible self. | 就像你平时那么出色就行了 |
[16:55] | What is he after? | 他想要什么 |
[16:57] | He’s probably just what he says he is, | 他可能就像他所说的那样 |
[17:00] | a nephew cleaning up after a distant relative. | 来处理远房姨母的后事吧 |
[17:02] | “Probably”? | “可能” |
[17:05] | I’ll know more after the second martini. | 得跟他喝完酒 我才能了解到更多 |
[17:14] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[17:16] | Caleb. Wow. | 凯勒 哇哦 |
[17:19] | Hello, Mrs. Marin. | 你好 玛琳女士 |
[17:20] | Hanna thought it was about time you and me met. | 汉娜觉得是时候让咱们见见面了 |
[17:22] | I did? | 有吗 |
[17:24] | I did. Um… Mom, this is caleb. | 是的 妈 这是凯勒 |
[17:28] | Rivers. | 里弗斯 |
[17:31] | Nice to meet you, Caleb. | 很高心见到你 凯勒 |
[17:33] | Mrs. Marin, you have a lovely home | 就我所见 玛琳女士 |
[17:35] | from what I’ve seen of it. | 您的家真漂亮 |
[17:38] | Caleb is new to Rosewood this year. | 凯勒今年新到玫瑰镇 |
[17:40] | They brought me in to class the place up. | 他们让我进班补上空的那个 |
[17:42] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[17:45] | Hanna, can I talk to you for a second? | 汉娜 我能和你说几句吗 |
[17:54] | Is he some sort of rebound from Sean? | 他是你和肖恩分手的过渡期吗 |
[17:57] | What?! No. | 什么 不是 |
[17:59] | I don’t want you alone with him in the house. | 我不想让你单独和他待在家里 |
[18:02] | Go out. If you’re gonna study, go to the library. | 出去吧 若你们要学习的话就去图书馆 |
[18:04] | You let me study here with Sean. | 可你让我在这儿和肖恩学习的呀 |
[18:06] | Well, I knew Sean. Sean was a minister’s son. | 我了解肖恩 他是牧师的儿子 |
[18:09] | Sean called you “Hanna Banana.” | 肖恩还叫你”汉娜甜心”呢 |
[18:13] | I’ll get that for you. | 我为你们开门吧 |
[18:19] | Hi. | 你好 |
[18:21] | Hello. I’m looking for Mrs. Marin. | 你好 我是来找玛琳女士的 |
[18:23] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[18:27] | She’s in the kitchen with Hanna. | 她跟汉娜在厨房 |
[18:30] | – Hanna? – Her daughter. | -汉娜 -是她女儿 |
[18:33] | Are you her son? | 你是她儿子吗 |
[18:34] | No. I’m just the guy who opens the door. | 不是 我只是帮忙开门而已 |
[18:39] | Mr. Leland, | 利兰先生 |
[18:41] | this is my daughter Hanna. | 这是我女儿汉娜 |
[18:42] | – Hello. – Hello, Hanna. | -你好 -你好 汉娜 |
[18:45] | Oh, I forgot to get your signature on this. | 我忘了让你在这上面签字了 |
[18:51] | It’s just part of authorizing you | 这是授权给你看保险箱 |
[18:53] | to look at the safety deposit box. | 手续的一部分 |
[18:55] | Sure. | 好的 |
[19:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:12] | Okay. | 好了 |
[19:17] | – I won’t be late. – Okay. | -我不会很晚回来的 -好的 |
[19:28] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[19:29] | Coming to the front door like that? | 居然这样堂而皇之地从前门进来 |
[19:31] | I thought it was a better way to meet your mom | 我觉得这样认识你妈总比 |
[19:32] | than her tripping over me behind the furnace. | 哪天我躲在炉子时绊倒她要好 |
[19:35] | Yeah, but just knocking on the door? | 但就这样敲门而入 |
[19:36] | – Why couldn’t you ask me? – You would have said no? | -你怎么不问问我 -你不会同意的 |
[19:40] | My mom thinks you’re trouble. | 我妈觉得你是问题少年 |
[19:42] | And you don’t like her new boyfriend. | 你不喜欢她的新男友 |
[19:43] | He’s not her boyfriend. He’s a customer at the bank. | 那个不是她男友 只是个银行客户 |
[19:46] | Some architect from Syracuse. | 什么锡拉库扎的建筑设计师 |
[19:51] | Really. | 真的啊 |
[19:52] | What do you mean “Really”? | 你这话是什么意思 |
[19:55] | He had a crappy plastic pen. | 他有只很烂的塑料笔 |
[19:57] | So? | 那又怎样 |
[19:58] | So, architects draw for a living. | 建筑设计师可是以画画为生的 |
[20:01] | They tend to be pen snobs, | 他们就是钢笔控 |
[20:02] | strictly Mont Blanc and beyond. | 起码得用万宝龙以上档次的笔 |
[20:06] | Why does he creep you out? | 你为什么那么恐惧他 |
[20:08] | He doesn’t creep me out. | 我没恐惧他 |
[20:09] | Yes, he does. You get a bad vibe from the guy. | 明明就有 你跟那家伙气场很不对 |
[20:13] | – It’s complicated. – Tell me. | -事情很复杂 -跟我讲讲 |
[20:16] | I like complicated. | 我就喜欢复杂的东西 |
[20:24] | Aria does a great deal of independent reading. | 艾瑞亚课外阅读量挺丰富的 |
[20:26] | You can see she’s excited by the idea of fiction. | 看得出来她很喜欢小说的构思 |
[20:29] | It’s one of the things that makes her such a good student. | 这也是她如此优秀的原因之一 |
[20:33] | So you’re taking my wife out. | 你要约我太太出去 |
[20:35] | Uh–sorry? | 什么 |
[20:36] | Well, you’re going out with my wife | 你打算约我太太出去 |
[20:38] | to some book event? | 参加什么书的活动 |
[20:40] | Right, right. The book signing next week. | 是的是的 下周有个签名售书活动 |
[20:43] | It’s an event for an author we both like, Leonard Adams. | 我俩都喜欢那个作家 伦纳德·亚当斯 |
[20:46] | Leonard Adams. Do you– | 伦纳德·亚当斯 你 |
[20:48] | Do you think he’s good? | 你觉得他很出色吗 |
[20:50] | I like some of his stuff very much. | 我非常欣赏他的一些作品 |
[20:52] | Ella’s a fan, too. | 埃拉也是他的粉丝 |
[20:54] | Well, I think he’s a fake, very overrated. | 我觉得他很做作 有点名不副实 |
[20:57] | He has his critics. | 是有人批评他 |
[20:59] | He certainly wouldn’t fit in to | 他肯定不适合作为 |
[21:01] | what I’m trying to do with Aria’s class. | 我给艾瑞亚他们上课的内容 |
[21:03] | Is he really your idea of a good writer? | 他真是你心目中所谓的好作家吗 |
[21:07] | Well–I like a lot of writers | 我喜欢很多作家 |
[21:10] | for a lot of different reasons. | 出自不同的理由 |
[21:15] | Yeah. Ella used to hate him. | 埃拉以前不喜欢他的 |
[21:18] | I mean, I can remember she | 我还记得她曾经 |
[21:19] | threw his latest novel clear across our bedroom. | 把他的新作从我们卧室扔出去 |
[21:21] | She was so angry. | 她当时非常不爽 |
[21:23] | But, uh, look at you. You’ve turned her around. | 不过 瞧瞧你 竟改变了她的看法 |
[21:28] | How’d you manage to do that? | 你是怎么做到的 |
[21:31] | A silent auction. | 那是个无声拍卖 |
[21:34] | For charity. | 为慈善而办的 |
[21:41] | When are you supposed to see Toby? | 你什么时候去见托比 |
[21:43] | Tomorrow, while Jenna’s at her music lesson. | 明天 詹娜上音乐课的时候 |
[21:48] | – Take it. – No. | -你买吧 -不要 |
[21:49] | No, you take it. | 不 你买吧 |
[21:51] | The storm has passed. | 雨过天晴咯 |
[21:54] | What was going on with you two? | 你们两个怎么回事 |
[21:57] | Okay, so, you know how I went to that museum with Ezra? | 好吧 都知道我和以斯拉看展览的事吧 |
[22:03] | Well, “A” tried to get hanna to ruin it. | A想让汉娜去搞破坏 |
[22:06] | Ruin it how? | 怎么破坏 |
[22:08] | “A” gave me another ticket | A给了我另一张票 |
[22:10] | and made me give it to Aria’s mom. | 逼我把票给艾瑞亚的妈妈 |
[22:12] | God! Hanna, why didn’t you tell us what was happening? | 天啊 汉娜 你怎么不告诉我们这事 |
[22:15] | Well, I tried to stop it. | 我试图阻止这一切 |
[22:17] | I mean, her mom’s car didn’t just stall. | 她妈妈的车并非无故抛锚的 |
[22:20] | Caleb fixed it to keep from getting there, | 凯勒在车上动了手脚 没让她妈去成 |
[22:23] | and that’s why I owe him. | 所以我欠了他的人情 |
[22:25] | Yeah, and he’s the one who’s | 而且是他打劫了 |
[22:26] | been breaking into vending machines at school. | 学校的自动售货机 |
[22:28] | I mean, he’s practically living there. | 我是说 他其实住在那儿 |
[22:31] | In school? | 住在学校 |
[22:32] | They found his stuff, | 他们发现了他的东西 |
[22:34] | so he’s not sleeping there anymore. | 所以他不能再住那儿了 |
[22:36] | He’s sleeping in my basement. | 他现在住在我家地下室里 |
[22:39] | Wait. Rewind that a little for me. | 等等 你再说一遍 |
[22:41] | – Does your mom know? – No, but– | -你妈知道吗 -不知道 但 |
[22:43] | – It’s just for a couple of nights, so… – A couple of nights? | -也就住几个晚上 -几个晚上 |
[22:46] | Are you crazy? | 你没疯吧 |
[22:48] | Guys. | 姐妹们 |
[22:51] | Oh, wow. Hold on. Turn around. | 稍等 转一下身 |
[22:57] | It fits perfectly. | 这真的很适合你 |
[23:01] | Let me just pull this over it. | 让我把它拉过来 |
[23:04] | And you know the length. The length looks great. | 长度刚好合适 |
[23:08] | It’s beautiful. | 非常漂亮 |
[23:08] | I want it to be perfect. | 我希望能完美无缺 |
[23:12] | He likes lace. | 他喜欢蕾丝 |
[23:24] | I’m not misinterpreting. | 我没曲解他的意思 |
[23:25] | I’m telling you, your dad came in there | 我告诉你 你父亲来这儿 |
[23:26] | like he wanted to chop me off at the knees. | 像是要把我的腿砍断一样 |
[23:28] | And I’m telling you that’s not my dad. | 那我告诉你 那肯定不是我爸 |
[23:30] | I recognized him from the picture | 我认得他 |
[23:32] | you showed me of everybody on the glacier. | 你给我看过你们全家在冰川上的照片 |
[23:33] | – I’m serious. – So am I. | -我没开玩笑 -我也是 |
[23:35] | I’m trying to act like I’m not in love with his daughter, | 我试着表现出没有爱上他女儿的样子 |
[23:37] | and he’s acting like he wants to challenge me to a duel | 他却表现出一副要为了你妈 |
[23:40] | over your mother. | 同我决一死战的样子 |
[23:41] | – I don’t understand. – I do. | -我不明白 -我明白 |
[23:43] | – He hates me. – He doesn’t hate you. | -他讨厌我 -他不讨厌你 |
[23:45] | He hates me, or he’s crazy. | 他讨厌我 或者就是他疯了 |
[23:48] | No, he does not hate you. He couldn’t. | 不 他不讨厌你 这不可能 |
[23:51] | Then he’s crazy. | 那他就是疯了 |
[24:16] | Pam. | 帕姆 |
[24:17] | Oh, hey, Ella. How are you? | 你好 埃拉 你好吗 |
[24:19] | I’m okay. I was gonna call you. | 还可以 我本来要打电话给你的 |
[24:21] | But then I saw you were coming in for the parent-teacher conferences. | 但后来我看到你要来参加家长会就没打 |
[24:24] | I just want you to know that the school | 我只是想让你知道 |
[24:26] | is not gonna be bullied by Nick McCullers. | 校方是不会屈服于尼克·麦卡勒斯的 |
[24:28] | Everybody here loves Emily. | 这里所有人都喜欢艾米丽 |
[24:30] | What about Nick McCullers? | 尼克·麦卡勒斯怎么了 |
[24:32] | Uh, well, he came in making a big deal | 他跑来无事生非 |
[24:36] | about how he thinks Emily’s | 说他觉得艾米丽得到了特殊的待遇 |
[24:38] | getting special treatment because she’s gay. | 只因为她是同性恋的缘故 |
[24:40] | Everybody knows Emily’s the better swimmer, | 大家都知道艾米丽游得更好 |
[24:43] | except McCullers. | 除了麦卡勒斯 |
[24:44] | He came here to school and said that? | 他跑到学校说的这些话吗 |
[24:47] | In front of everyone. Students, teachers. | 当着所有人的面 学生 老师 |
[24:50] | – Was Emily there? – She was. | -艾米丽在场吗 -是的 |
[25:09] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[25:27] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[26:02] | You better put that back. | 你最好把它放回去 |
[26:05] | Put it back where you got it or she’ll know you were in here. | 把它放回原处 要不她会知道你来过的 |
[26:08] | I’m sorry. I knocked. The door was open. | 抱歉 我敲过门了 门是开着的 |
[26:10] | I heard you, but I couldn’t answer the door. | 我听到了 但我没法应门 |
[26:13] | I was on the phone. | 我刚在打电话 |
[26:15] | My lawyer called. | 我的律师打来的 |
[26:17] | The D.A. is dropping the charges against me. | 地方检察官撤销了对我的指控 |
[26:28] | They’re not gonna charge you with killing Alison? | 他们不指控你谋杀艾莉森了吗 |
[26:30] | I didn’t get the details, | 具体情况我还不清楚 |
[26:31] | but he said the blood evidence was corrupted. | 但他说血迹证据被毁了 |
[26:36] | The district attorney can’t go to trial without it. | 没有那个 地方检察官无法审讯我 |
[26:39] | – They’re finished with you? – Not finished. | -他们放过你了吗 -还没 |
[26:42] | They can charge me anytime they find new evidence. But… | 一旦找到新的证据 他们还会起诉我 |
[26:45] | For right now, I’m free, | 但至少现在 我自由了 |
[26:50] | once I get this ball and chain off my leg. | 只须等我卸下这副镣铐即可 |
[26:53] | I’m waiting for my dad to take me to the courthouse for that. | 我现在在等我爸带我去法院 |
[26:58] | I could drive you, | 我可以载你去 |
[27:02] | if you want me to. | 如果你愿意的话 |
[27:12] | So, your mom didn’t believe you | 所以 你跟你妈说利兰很可疑时 |
[27:13] | when you said Leland was shady. | 她不相信吧 |
[27:15] | You don’t sound very surprised. | 你看起来很淡定啊 |
[27:18] | I’m used to that, | 我习惯了 |
[27:19] | that’s why I called Syracuse University, | 所以我打电话到锡拉库扎大学 |
[27:22] | talked to a nice lady at the school of architecture | 和一位迷人的女士聊了聊该校的建筑系 |
[27:24] | about how I was thinking of applying | 以及我打算报考的愿望 |
[27:26] | and did she know a local guy | 顺便问下她认不认识 |
[27:27] | named James Leland. | 一个叫詹姆斯·利兰德的当地人 |
[27:28] | You just called up and asked? | 你就这么打电话问她吗 |
[27:30] | People love to talk. | 人都是喜欢唠嗑的 |
[27:33] | And guess what? | 结果你猜怎么着 |
[27:34] | James leland went to S.U. and opened an office in town. | 詹姆斯·利兰大学毕业后开了家公司 |
[27:38] | See? He’s legit. | 我说的吧 他是合法继承人 |
[27:39] | Yeah, he was a pretty good architect, | 他曾是一位相当出色的建筑师 |
[27:42] | right up until he dropped dead two years ago. | 直到两年前他去世 |
[27:47] | Introducing James Leland. | 给你介绍下詹姆斯·利兰 |
[27:50] | Wait. My mom said his I.D. checked out. | 等等 我妈说验过他的身份了 |
[27:54] | Right. You ask a computer | 没错 你可以问问电脑先生 |
[27:56] | “Is James Leland related to this Potter lady?” | “詹姆斯·利兰和这位波特女士有关系吗” |
[27:59] | The computer says yes. | 电脑先生回答有 |
[28:00] | But you didn’t ask if James Leland was still alive. | 但你可没问詹姆斯·利兰是否还活着 |
[28:03] | Knowing the right questions | 问对问题 |
[28:05] | is better than having all the right answers. | 胜过知道所有答案 |
[28:26] | Toby? | 托比 |
[28:28] | Mr. Dugan called with the good news. Did you hear? | 杜根先生打电话报喜来了 你听说了吗 |
[28:31] | He told me. | 他告诉过我了 |
[28:32] | We can get that awful thing off your leg right now. | 你现在能把那破玩意儿从你脚上拿下来了 |
[28:34] | The cab’s waiting. | 车子等着呢 |
[28:35] | That’s all right. I’ve got a ride. | 不必了 有人送我了 |
[28:42] | Emily. | 艾米丽 |
[28:43] | No, it’s me. | 不 是我 |
[28:47] | Spencer. | 斯宾塞 |
[28:49] | It’s really very nice of you, but I’m here now. | 谢谢你的好意 但这儿有我呢 |
[28:55] | I’m going with Spencer. | 我要和斯宾塞一起去 |
[29:03] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[29:12] | Hanna, the man’s I.D. checked out. | 汉娜 那人的身份已经验过了 |
[29:16] | It checked out because there was a | 验过了只能说明 |
[29:17] | James Leland related to Mrs. Potter. | 确实有个叫詹姆斯·利兰的是波特的亲戚 |
[29:19] | But this isn’t him. This is somebody else. | 但不是他 而是另有其人 |
[29:22] | If I tell the state people | 如果我告诉警察 |
[29:23] | some story about the man being an imposter, | 有个冒牌货招摇撞骗的话 |
[29:25] | it’ll just draw attention, which we do not want. | 这只会引人注目 这可不是我们想要的 |
[29:28] | Well, we have to do something. | 可我们总得做点什么吧 |
[29:30] | I’m not doing anything based on what this boy Caleb says. | 我可不会听信这个叫凯勒的男孩说的话 |
[29:33] | Leland’s coming to the bank this afternoon, | 利兰下午来银行 |
[29:34] | I will show him the safe deposit box. | 我会给他看保险箱的 |
[29:36] | And we will go from there. | 然后我们就毫无瓜葛了 |
[29:40] | All right, well, call me when he leaves. | 好吧 他走了告诉我一声 |
[29:42] | I will. | 好的 |
[29:49] | Hey. I thought you were gonna be gone all day. | 我还以为你一整天都不在家呢 |
[29:52] | Uh, change of plans. | 呃 计划有变 |
[29:54] | Good. I’ll take you and Mike out for dinner later. Okay? | 那好 等下我带你和迈克出去吃饭吧 |
[29:58] | Hey, Dad? | 嘿 爸爸 |
[30:00] | How were the parent-teacher meetings? | 家长会开得怎么样 |
[30:02] | Oh, they were fine. | 你的老师们都蛮好的 |
[30:03] | You know, I really like that one teacher, your French teacher. | 我特别喜欢你的法语老师 |
[30:07] | Well, how do you like Mr. Fitz? | 你觉得费兹老师怎么样 |
[30:09] | He was okay. | 他还行吧 |
[30:12] | “Okay”? | “还行” |
[30:14] | All right, listen, I’m gonna tell you the truth. | 好吧 我跟你说实话 |
[30:16] | I thought he was a lightweight. | 我觉得他就是个无名之辈 |
[30:18] | What do you mean? | 你这话什么意思 |
[30:20] | Well, there’s just not a lot of depth there. | 就是没什么内涵 |
[30:24] | Boy, that’s… That’s funny, | 天啊 真有趣 |
[30:26] | ’cause I like him. He’s a good teacher. | 我很喜欢他 他是个好老师 |
[30:28] | Well, I can see why he’s a hit with the kids, | 我知道他为什么受你们这些孩子欢迎 |
[30:30] | I mean, he’s a nice-looking guy, he’s easygoing. | 我是说 他人长得帅 又随和 |
[30:33] | He does that boyish smile thing a little too much, | 还常常挂着孩子气的微笑 |
[30:35] | but I figure that must work for him. | 我猜他这招肯定百试不爽 |
[30:37] | What’s that thing about judging a book by its cover? | 知道什么叫以貌取人吗 |
[30:40] | Well, sometimes you can get a pretty good idea | 有的时候光看外表 |
[30:42] | what’s inside based on the cover. | 就能了解得差不多了 |
[30:45] | Well, you know, he’s published. | 人家还出过书的 |
[30:47] | Online journals aren’t “Published.” | 线上期刊可算不上出版 |
[30:50] | “Published” is ink and paper. | 出版指的是白纸黑字 |
[30:52] | Well, you were with him like, what, half an hour? | 你就和他谈了半个小时而已 |
[30:55] | I’m in his class every day. | 我可是天天上他的课 |
[30:57] | Well, every english department has one, | 每个英语教学部 |
[30:59] | full of charm and promise. It’s– | 都有一位迷人又有才的老师 |
[31:02] | Look, I understand that you– | 听着 我知道你 |
[31:03] | and your mother– see more of him than I do, | 还有你妈比我更常见到他 |
[31:05] | but perhaps that’s why I have a clearer perspective. | 但是旁观者清 |
[31:08] | What’s mom have to do with this? | 这和我妈有什么关系 |
[31:11] | Well, she’s not immune to that kind of charm. | 她无法抵挡这种魅力 |
[31:14] | This book signing thing he’s taking her to… | 他带她去的那个签售会 |
[31:17] | That’s not just mom. Half of the teachers | 不只我妈去 英语教学部的 |
[31:19] | in the english department are going. | 一半老师都会去 |
[31:22] | Well… | 这样啊 |
[31:24] | Listen, when Mike comes home, we’ll pick a place for dinner. | 等迈克回来 我们就去找个地方吃晚饭 |
[31:31] | Three thousand dollars? | 三千元 |
[31:35] | Three thousand, two hundred seventy-five. | 三千两百七十五 |
[31:39] | It’s funny… | 真有意思 |
[31:41] | You don’t have expectations, | 本没抱希望而来 |
[31:43] | and then you end up having expectations. | 却抱着希望而离开 |
[31:46] | The family myth was that | 家族一直传言说 |
[31:47] | aunt Esther had a lot of cash socked away somewhere. | 艾斯特婶婶存着很多钱 |
[31:51] | A lot more than three thousand. | 远远不止三千 |
[31:53] | The bank doesn’t encourage people to keep cash | 银行不鼓励客户 |
[31:55] | in safe deposit boxes. | 把钱存在保险箱里 |
[31:58] | So, she spoke to you about keeping money in here? | 她告诉过你她把钱存在这里了吗 |
[32:00] | No. We never talked about it. | 她从没和我说过这个 |
[32:03] | Who else besides you would have access to this box? | 除了你 还有谁可以开启这盒子 |
[32:06] | Any officer. | 任何主管 |
[32:08] | Of course, you’d have to have the customer’s key, | 当然你得有客户的钥匙 |
[32:10] | or the master, like I used. | 或者万能钥匙 就像我用的这把 |
[32:14] | What are you thinking? | 你在想什么 |
[32:16] | Just thinking. | 随便想想罢了 |
[32:25] | Where do you bank, James? | 詹姆斯 你要把钱存到哪儿去 |
[32:27] | In Syracuse? | 锡拉库扎市吗 |
[32:29] | Where do I bank? | 什么我把钱存哪儿 |
[32:31] | Your personal accounts, business accounts. | 你的私人账户 商业账户 |
[32:34] | What’s the name of your bank? | 那家银行叫什么名字 |
[32:40] | It doesn’t matter. | 没关系的 |
[32:41] | The rules on access are the same, industry-wide. | 开保险箱的规矩都一样 这是行规 |
[32:49] | Call them and ask? | 要打电话问吗 |
[32:52] | They have Saturday hours, don’t they? | 他们周末有空吧 |
[32:57] | Like I said, it was just a family myth. | 就像我说的 这只是家庭的传言罢了 |
[33:11] | – Great meet, guys. – Way to go, Sharks. | -很高兴见到你们 -加油 鲨鱼队 |
[33:14] | Come here. | 过来 |
[33:18] | I don’t need a ride. My car is in the parking lot. | 我不需要你送 我车就停在停车场 |
[33:21] | No, I need to ask you a question. | 不是 我要问你一个问题 |
[33:24] | I need to know something before I talk to the school. | 在我跟校方谈话前我需要了解点事 |
[33:27] | Talk to the school about what? | 你要跟校方谈什么 |
[33:29] | Is it true what Aria’s mom told me | 艾瑞亚的母亲告诉我 |
[33:31] | about Mr. McCullers coming to the school | 麦卡勒斯跑到学校并在大庭广众之下说 |
[33:33] | and saying you got some kind of preferential treatment? | 你得到了特殊待遇 这是真的吗 |
[33:35] | I don’t want to talk about it. | 我不想谈这事 |
[33:36] | Emily, is it true? | 艾米丽 这是真的吗 |
[33:37] | I mean, is this true? Because– | 这是真的吗 因为 |
[33:38] | Yeah, it’s true. | 没错 这是真的 |
[33:40] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你怎么不告诉我 |
[33:42] | You really don’t know why I wouldn’t tell you? | 你真不知道我不告诉你的原因吗 |
[33:45] | It’s because I know what you think of me. | 因为我知道你对我的看法 |
[33:47] | I know what you’d say. | 我知道你会说什么 |
[33:48] | It doesn’t matter who I am, | 但这改变不了我的性取向 |
[33:50] | I better get used to people looking at me only one way. | 我已经习惯了人们片面地看待我 |
[33:58] | Nick. | 尼克 |
[34:00] | Hello, Pam. | 你好 帕姆 |
[34:02] | We need to talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[34:03] | I was wondering when I’d hear from you. | 我也正有此意 |
[34:06] | This isn’t personal. | 我不是针对她 |
[34:08] | You deal with your family problems any way that you want. | 你的家庭内部问题 你想怎么解决都行 |
[34:10] | This is about what the school is doing to my daughter. | 但这关系到校方如何对待我的女儿 |
[34:14] | Yeah. It’s about your daughter. | 没错 是关系到你女儿 |
[34:17] | It’s about you trying to | 关系到你想把你女儿 |
[34:18] | make her into some kind of professional victim | 说成某种专业受害者 |
[34:20] | and using my daughter to do it. | 并利用我女儿来达此目的 |
[34:21] | – I didn’t expect you to understand. – Oh, I understand. | -我不指望你能理解 -我理解 |
[34:24] | I understand that you always thinks there’s someone else to blame | 我理解当事情不合你意时 |
[34:26] | When things don’t go your way. | 你总会把责任推到别人身上 |
[34:28] | – Okay, you’re upset. – No, not yet. | -你很生气 -不 还没 |
[34:30] | But I’m getting there. | 但我离生气不远了 |
[34:33] | My daughter never got anything she didn’t earn. | 我女儿从未不劳而获过 |
[34:36] | That’s how we raised her. That it who she is. | 这是我们的教育方式 她就是这样的人 |
[34:38] | So you drop this, Nick. | 所以你到此为止吧 尼克 |
[34:40] | Drop it, or I’ll show you what a real agenda looks like. | 到此为止 否则我会让你好好见识一下 |
[34:49] | Mom. Are you okay? | 妈 你没事吧 |
[34:52] | I’m fine. Come on, I’ll take you home. | 我没事 走吧 我带你回家 |
[34:54] | My car’s in the lot. | 我车就在停车场 |
[34:56] | Right, OK. So I’ll just meet you at home when you get there. | 对哦 那我在家等你回来 |
[34:59] | Mom… | 妈 |
[35:03] | Emily– | 艾米丽 |
[35:07] | I still don’t understand… | 我还是想不通 |
[35:11] | But I love you. | 但是我爱你 |
[35:13] | You are my child, and nobody hurts my child. | 你是我的孩子 谁都不能动你一根汗毛 |
[35:20] | I’m so sorry if I… | 我很抱歉如果我 |
[35:35] | You could just keep going. | 你可以一直走下去 |
[35:38] | If that’s what you wanted. | 如果这是你梦寐以求的话 |
[35:40] | They could pull me back whenever they want. | 他们可以随时把我抓回去的 |
[35:44] | Anyway… I don’t like running. | 不管怎样 我不喜欢逃亡 |
[35:49] | I’ve done too much of it. | 我已经逃过太多次了 |
[35:59] | You could start to get your life back. | 你可以开始让你的生活恢复原样了 |
[36:01] | I’m not so sure I want it back. | 我还不确定自己是否想恢复原样 |
[36:04] | Not the way it was. I have to make some changes. | 至少不是以前的样子 我得做点改变 |
[36:10] | I figured out what the message means. | 我弄清楚那条信息的意思了 |
[36:12] | Braille uses the same symbols for letters and numbers. | 在盲文里字母和数字是一个符号 |
[36:16] | It wasn’t b-a-d, it was the number 2-1-4. | 它不是b-a-d 而是2-1-4 |
[36:21] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[36:23] | – I don’t know. – Toby. | -我不知道 -托比 |
[36:28] | I heard Jenna in her room | 我听见詹娜在她的房间 |
[36:30] | on the phone talking to somebody. | 和一个人打电话 |
[36:33] | I don’t know who. They were talking about you. | 我不知道对方是谁 她们提到了你 |
[36:38] | Talking about me? | 提到了我 |
[36:40] | Jenny used the embosser attached to her computer, | 詹妮的盲文打字机和电脑是连在一起的 |
[36:43] | and I slipped in and made a rubbing of what she printed out. | 我溜了进去 摹拓了她打的内容 |
[36:47] | 2-1-4 Two-one-four. | |
[36:49] | Does that number mean anything to you? | 这串数字对你有什么意义吗 |
[36:53] | It could be anything. | 它可以是任何号码 |
[36:54] | A house number, an area code– | 门牌号 电话区号 |
[36:56] | We have to figure it out, for both our sakes. | 我们必须要弄清楚 为了我们俩 |
[37:01] | Are you afraid of Jenna? | 你害怕詹娜吗 |
[37:05] | I was. | 曾经害怕 |
[37:07] | I still have to be careful not to cross her. | 我现在仍得小心谨慎 以免惹怒她 |
[37:10] | She’s got the power in that house. | 她在家里权力很大 |
[37:13] | But… | 不过 |
[37:15] | I’m not afraid of her the way I used to be. | 我已经不像过去那样害怕她了 |
[37:21] | That makes her nervous. | 这让她很紧张 |
[37:23] | You make her nervous. | 你让她紧张 |
[37:26] | I do? | 我吗 |
[37:28] | I think she’s afraid of you, | 我觉得她害怕你 |
[37:30] | And the rest of Alison’s friends– | 还有其他艾莉森的朋友 |
[37:34] | All of you who were there the night of the fire. | 火灾那晚在场的所有人 |
[38:01] | Listen, it’s like your mom said, | 听着 就像你母亲说的那样 |
[38:04] | my dad is always looking for somebody to blame. | 我爸总是怪这个怪那个的 |
[38:07] | I have to go home. My mom’s waiting for me. | 我要回家了 我妈在等我呢 |
[38:11] | Right. Your mom’s waiting. | 是啊 你妈在等你 |
[38:15] | God, why is everything | 天啊 为什么所有事情 |
[38:16] | so easy for you? | 在你这儿都变得如此简单 |
[38:18] | Easy? What planet do you live on? | 简单 你是外星人吗 |
[38:21] | I’ve spent most of my life trying not to feel the way I feel. | 我人生的大部分时间都在压抑自己的感情 |
[38:24] | I come out, and they ship | 我出柜了 然后他们就把 |
[38:25] | my first girlfriend off to god-knows-where, | 我的女朋友送到了个鸟不拉屎的地方 |
[38:27] | and now maybe she’s done with me. | 而且现在她或许已经甩了我了 |
[38:29] | So, yeah, it’s all about Emily– all Em, all the time. | 所以 没错 一直都是我艾米丽的错 |
[38:43] | Don’t tell. | 别告诉别人 |
[38:54] | Hey, not all of it. My mom will notice. | 不要全部倒完 我妈会察觉到的 |
[38:57] | Tell her it’s evaporation. | 告诉她果汁蒸发了 |
[39:02] | Walk me home? | 送我一程 |
[39:07] | Uh, so maybe your mom will let me hang around on the surface now? | 也许你妈现在允许我出来乱晃了 |
[39:11] | And I thought you were in such a hurry to get to Arizona. | 我还以为你急着要去亚利桑那州呢 |
[39:15] | Arizona will be there whenever I decide to show up. | 亚利桑那州又不会长腿跑了 |
[39:18] | Thank you for today. | 今天谢谢你 |
[39:23] | You’re welcome. | 不用谢 |
[39:44] | – Are you “A”? – Excuse me? | -你是A吗 -什么 |
[39:47] | Somebody called for an estimate. | 有人打电话让我过来检查 |
[39:48] | Said you had some kind of infestation in your basement. | 说你家地下室里害虫横行 |
[39:51] | Only name they left was “A”. Is that you? | 只留下了A这个名字 是你吗 |
[39:54] | Uh, no. You have the wrong house. | 不是 你找错地方了 |
[40:21] | Mr. Fitz, this is Byron Montgomery, | 费兹先生 我是拜伦·蒙哥马利 |
[40:23] | Aria’s dad. | 艾瑞亚的父亲 |
[40:24] | Look, I’m sorry about how our meeting went. | 上次的见面我很抱歉 |
[40:26] | I owe you a make-good on that. | 那事是我不对 我欠你的 |
[40:28] | I’ve read your stories and I’d like to talk to you. | 我读了你的文章 想和你讨论一下 |
[40:30] | So maybe we could have a beer? | 或许我们可以去喝杯啤酒怎么样 |
[40:32] | Give me a call, okay? Thanks. | 给我回个电话 好吗 谢谢 |
[40:35] | – So, you want an egg roll? – Sounds good. | -你想吃蛋卷吗 -听起来不错 |
[41:20] | 1929 – 2011 | 艾斯特·玛丽·波特 |