英文名称:Princess Kaiulani
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:54] | In the kingdom of Hawai’i, | 在夏威夷王国 |
[00:56] | there lived a young princess cherished by her beloved people. | 有一位深受人民爱戴的年轻公主 |
[01:09] | Her name was Victoria Ka’iulani | 她的名字是维多利亚·卡拉伊乌妮 |
[01:12] | Kalaninuiahilapalapa | ·卡拉尼鲁伊阿西拉帕拉帕 |
[01:14] | Kawekiu i Lunalilo. | ·卡维希乌·伊·路纳利罗 |
[01:18] | She was named Victoria, in honor of England’s queen, | 她被英格兰女皇亲自授名为维多利亚 |
[01:22] | and Ka’iulani, which means “the highest point of heaven.” | 而卡拉伊乌妮 意思是”天堂的最高点” |
[01:31] | Ka’iulani’s mother was sister to King Kalakaua. | 卡拉伊乌妮的妈妈是卡拉卡瓦国王的妹妹 |
[01:35] | Her father, a Scottish gentleman. | 她的父亲 是一位苏格兰绅士 |
[01:47] | As Ka’iulani grew, her island nation flourished. | 随着卡拉伊乌妮的成长 她的岛国也兴旺发达 |
[01:52] | Hawai’i was admired by the world for her beauty and abundance. | 夏威夷因其美丽和富足 被世界所仰慕 |
[02:05] | But Ka’iulani’s little paradise was not destined to last. | 但是卡拉伊乌妮的小天堂却没有持久 |
[02:14] | When she was still a young girl, her mother passed away. | 当她还是个小女孩的时候 她的母亲就去世了 |
[02:30] | Hawai’i’s people wept for the loss of their chiefess… | 夏威夷的人民为他们失去女首领而哭… |
[02:35] | and prayed for her young daughter. | 也为了她的女儿而祈祷 |
[02:49] | Despite her grief, | 尽管她很悲伤 |
[02:51] | Princess Ka’iulani would soon find the great purpose of her life | 但是卡拉伊乌妮公主在夏威夷未来的战斗中 |
[02:56] | in the coming battle for the future of Hawai’i. | 找到她一生中最大的目标 |
[03:21] | Mama. | 妈妈 |
[03:23] | I still see the loss of her mother in her eyes. | 我依然能在她的眼中看到失去母亲的悲伤 |
[03:26] | Yes. She finds great comfort being with your sister, you know. | 她跟您的妹妹在一起总是觉得很舒服 |
[03:31] | Good. My sister is a leader. | 我的妹妹是一名首领 |
[03:35] | A perfect influence for Ka’iulani. | 是对卡拉伊乌妮最好的影响 |
[03:37] | A father’s hand is beneficial. | 父亲的帮助也是很有益处的 |
[03:40] | Even if, as in my case, the hand is Scottish and not Hawaiian. | 是苏格兰人帮助了我而不是夏威夷人 |
[03:44] | Don’t worry. Tonight, the people will celebrate | 别担心 今夜 人们将会庆祝 |
[03:46] | the lighting of this great city with their Hawaiian princess, Archie. | 这座伟大的城市为公主而自豪 阿奇 |
[03:53] | Not too opulent, I hope. | 我希望 别太奢华了 |
[03:57] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[03:58] | Gibson. | 吉布森 |
[05:03] | Did you touch the princess? | 你碰了公主吗? |
[05:07] | What happened? | 发生什么事了吗? |
[05:08] | Did he touch you? | 他碰你了吗? |
[05:10] | He didn’t touch me. | 他没有 |
[05:17] | Koa, I said he didn’t touch me. | 寇阿 我说了 他没有碰我 |
[05:19] | Get back to work. Clean this up. | 回去工作 把这里打扫干净 |
[05:21] | You come with me, Ka’iulani. | 你跟我来 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[05:24] | Wait. | 等等 |
[05:35] | So I can tell you apart. | 这样我就能单独告诉你了 |
[05:45] | Magnificent, isn’t it? | 棒极了 不是吗? |
[05:48] | Just for a party? | 只是为了派对? |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1001个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:204个,六级词汇:94个,GRE词汇:105个,托福词汇:141个,考研词汇:214个,专四词汇:180个,专八词汇:32个, 所有生词标注共:340个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:50] | It’s really quite elaborate. | 这真是很复杂啊 |
[05:53] | No expense spared. | 尽我们所能的做好 |
[05:56] | Taxpayers’ dollars spent as though we were the enemy. | 纳税人花钱 就像我们是敌人那样 |
[06:00] | We need to find a conciliatory process | 我们需要找到一个调解的方法 |
[06:03] | that includes the interests of the natives, persuades them. | 晓之以情动之以理 |
[06:06] | All interests will be considered. | 考虑各方面的利益 |
[06:10] | Then we step aside and let the future run its course. | 然后 我们就可以旁观 让未来顺其自然 |
[06:16] | Let’s go. | 我们开始吧 |
[06:26] | Move it. | 快点 |
[06:44] | Honored guests, a toast. | 亲爱的来宾 我要说几句 |
[06:47] | To my niece, | 敬我的侄女 |
[06:49] | Ka’iulani. | 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[06:53] | May she grow to be a leader of this great nation one day. | 愿她有一日能成长为这个伟大国家的领袖 |
[06:55] | May this lighting ceremony be a glowing remembrance to our people | 愿这次亮灯仪式成为我们人民 |
[07:00] | of your royal birthright. | 交口夸赞的纪念 |
[07:06] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[07:09] | at the request of His Majesty, King Kalakaua, | 应卡拉卡瓦陛下的要求 |
[07:13] | Princess Ka’iulani will now light the city of Honolulu | 卡拉伊乌妮公主 将第一次 |
[07:19] | – for the very first time. – I’m nervous for the ceremony. | -点亮檀香山城 -这个仪式 我很紧张 |
[07:22] | Don’t be. | 别紧张 |
[07:24] | You’ll stand proud for your mother. I know it. | 你会让你母亲感到骄傲的 我知道的 |
[07:27] | To the hope of our nation. | 为了我们国家的希望 |
[07:28] | The hope of our nation. | 我们国家的希望 |
[07:38] | – Your Majesty. – Your Highness. | -陛下 -殿下 |
[07:59] | Wait for the word. | 等候指令 |
[08:13] | Your Highness, if you will. | 殿下 开始吧 |
[08:49] | Let’s go, men. | 行动 |
[09:09] | Go, go, go! | 快 快 快! |
[09:14] | – Ka’iulani. – Protect the princess! | -卡拉伊乌妮 -保护公主 |
[09:15] | What’s this intrusion? | 是谁闯入了? |
[09:18] | These are the voices of Hawaii. | 这是夏威夷的声音 |
[09:21] | The citizens you’ve chosen to ignore. | 你们忽视的臣民的声音 |
[09:24] | These people demand a new governance. | 人民需要一个新的政府 |
[09:27] | They demand election of a new cabinet | 他们需要选举一个新内阁 |
[09:31] | and the dismissal of Premier Gibson. | 还有罢免吉布森总理 |
[09:34] | The king will sign this constitution, | 国王将会签署这份宪法 |
[09:38] | or we will take the palace by force. | 要不然 我们就会以武力占领皇宫 |
[09:46] | Here is my offer to you. | 这是我们给你的提议 |
[09:47] | There will be none of my people’s blood shed tonight. | 今夜将不会有我们人民流血 |
[09:51] | Release Premier Gibson, | 放了吉布森总理 |
[09:55] | and you won’t be shot right where you stand. | 否则你就会在这里被击毙 |
[10:06] | Release him. | 放了他 |
[10:10] | What have you done, Thurston? | 你都做了些什么啊 瑟斯顿? |
[10:12] | Your Majesty, for your safety, | 陛下 为了您的安全 |
[10:14] | – I should escort you to my ship. – I’ll take her. | -我要护送您去我的船上 -我要带上她 |
[10:16] | No. Escort my niece somewhere. | 不 讲我的侄女送到其他地方 |
[10:17] | – No, I don’t want to go. – Come along with me. | -不 我不想去 -跟我来 |
[10:19] | – Take her to the carriage. – Auntie! Help me! | -带她上车 -舅妈! 救救我! |
[10:21] | What do you believe you can achieve by this? | 你觉得这样做你会得到什么呢? |
[10:23] | – This is madness! – Come on, please. | -真是疯了! -来吧 |
[10:27] | We’re righteous. | 我们是正义的 |
[10:29] | Get in the carriage. | 快上车 |
[10:32] | Thurston! | 瑟斯顿! |
[10:35] | My shells. My shells! | 我的贝壳 我的贝壳! |
[10:36] | Always it’s your shells! | 你总是贝壳贝壳的! |
[10:40] | You’re traitors! And we’ll be triumphant. | 你们这些叛徒! 我们会胜利的 |
[10:48] | Go, driver. | 司机 快开车 |
[10:49] | Clear the way. | 快让开 |
[11:44] | Hey, hey, hey. Stop that. | 喂 快停下 |
[11:46] | Get down. Come and have something to eat. | 下来 过来吃点东西吧 |
[11:48] | Need to keep your strength up. | 你需要保持体力 |
[11:49] | It’s a long journey to England. | 去英格兰的旅程还很长呢 |
[11:55] | We’re leaving Hawai’i? | 我们要离开夏威夷? |
[11:58] | I’m not going. | 我不去 |
[12:00] | Well, you have no choice in the matter. | 这种情况下你别无选择 |
[12:01] | It’s for your own safety. | 这是为了你的安全 |
[12:03] | Hey! Ka’iulani. | 喂!卡拉伊乌妮 |
[12:04] | Stop that. Come on, stop it, for God’s sake, | 别这样 别这样 停下 天哪 |
[12:07] | – girl, you’ll drown. – I hate you. | -女孩 你会被淹死的 -我恨你 |
[12:09] | I wish it was you that died. | 我希望死的是你 |
[12:14] | You can’t do that. | 你不能这么做 |
[12:17] | I am Ali’i. | 我是阿莉伊 |
[12:18] | And I am your father. | 而我是你的父亲 |
[12:19] | And I am not putting you in harm’s way. | 我不会让你陷入危险的境地的 |
[12:21] | Do you hear me? | 你听到我的话了吗? |
[12:38] | You’re taking her away from me again. | 你又一次的让我远离了她 |
[12:43] | You won’t be happy till there’s nothing left of her. | 除非她死了 要不然你不会开心的 |
[12:48] | No. No, no, no, no. That’s not true. | 不 这不是真的 |
[12:51] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[12:52] | Hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿 |
[12:55] | Why are you making me go? | 为什么你要让我走? |
[12:58] | This is where she is. | 她在这里 |
[13:02] | No. Baby girl. | 不 宝贝 |
[13:05] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[13:07] | Mama’s with God now. | 妈妈现在和上帝在一起了 |
[13:42] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:45] | – Archie Welcome. – You’re a sight for sore eyes, Theo, hey? | -阿奇 欢迎 -你就是 |
[13:49] | Come on, my dear. Come on. That’s it. | 来吧 亲爱的 来吧 我们到了 |
[13:53] | Here we go. | 慢点 |
[13:55] | Welcome. | 欢迎 |
[13:57] | You look exhausted. | 你看起来精疲力尽了 |
[13:59] | Makes me want a bloody drink just looking at you. | 看着你 我就见鬼的想喝上一杯了 |
[14:01] | Give me your hand, sir, give me your hand. | 把您的手给我 先生 给我您的手 |
[14:05] | Simply breathaking. | 真是看着就夺人心魄啊 |
[14:08] | You’ve grown so fast, Your Highness. | 你长的真快 殿下 |
[14:15] | Ka’iulani. | 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[14:17] | I’m not staying here. | 我不要呆在这里 |
[14:20] | Ka’iulani. | 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[14:23] | They’re not of royal blood. | 他们不是皇室血脉 |
[14:27] | Clive thinks he’s of royal blood. | 克里夫觉得他是皇室血脉 |
[14:31] | Come. You must be starving. | 来吧 你一定饿了 |
[14:33] | I’ve got a pot of hot soup on the stove. | 炉子上热着一锅热汤 |
[14:36] | It’s just the thing on these cold mornings. | 正合适这样寒冷的早上 |
[14:38] | Mark my words, you’ll be settled in no time. | 记者我的话 你肯定会马上就安顿好的 |
[14:40] | You’ve got a pretty room. Facing the lake. | 你的房间很漂亮 面对着湖 |
[14:43] | Definitely a Hawaiian princess. | 绝对是个夏威夷公主 |
[14:46] | I understand most of Hawai’i belongs to you these days. | 我明白现在大部分夏威夷都是属于您的 |
[14:49] | Not really. Sugar plantation here and there. | 并不是这样 到处在种甘蔗 |
[14:51] | The Thompsons send their regards. | 汤普森家族送来他们的问候 |
[14:54] | – Do you like her? – No. | -你喜欢她吗? -不 |
[14:56] | Why not? She’s pretty. | 为什么? 她很漂亮 |
[15:00] | She thinks she’s better than us, and she’s not. | 她觉得她比我们都好 其实 并没有 |
[15:03] | She’s just some princess of nowhere. | 她就是个一无是处的公主 |
[15:32] | What are those? | 那些是什么? |
[15:49] | That one’s pretty. | 那个很漂亮 |
[15:56] | Ola shells. | 奥拉贝壳 |
[15:58] | My mother and I collected them from the beach. | 我母亲和我一起在海滩上拾来的 |
[16:03] | Ola shells. | 奥拉贝壳 |
[16:09] | Ola means life in Hawaiian. | 奥拉在夏威夷语的意思是生命 |
[16:15] | Life shells. | 生命贝壳 |
[16:19] | You collect them, | 你拾起到它们 |
[16:21] | then attach memories to each one… | 倾注你的记忆 |
[16:27] | so you don’t ever forget. | 这样 你就绝对不会忘记 |
[16:49] | This one’s for a day I spent at the ocean | 这个 是某一天我和母亲 |
[16:51] | with my mother and my Auntie Lydia. | 一起出洋 还有我的莉迪亚舅妈 |
[17:00] | Some aren’t very pretty. | 有一些不那么漂亮 |
[17:02] | What’s that one? | 那个呢? |
[17:17] | When my mother died. | 是我母亲死的时候 |
[17:30] | And those ones? | 那些呢? |
[17:35] | Those don’t have memories yet. | 那些还没有记忆呢 |
[17:40] | Those are the future. | 那些是属于未来的 |
[17:52] | What’s it like to be a princess? | 做个公主 是什么感觉? |
[18:08] | Ka’iulani. | 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[18:15] | I’m leaving now. | 我要走了 |
[18:25] | You want to say goodbye? | 你想要说再见吗? |
[19:01] | You’ll go by your surname here, Miss Cleghorn. | 这里是用你的姓氏称呼的 克莱格霍恩小姐 |
[19:04] | I’ve been told you’re accustomed | 我已经知道您习惯于 |
[19:06] | to certain royal privileges in your home country. | 在您的国家的那些皇家特权 |
[19:10] | Well, not here. | 但是在这里没有 |
[19:12] | We’ll make a respectable lady of you, | 我们会让你成为一个体面的淑女 |
[19:15] | away from the barbarian place from which you’ve come. | 脱离你们那个野蛮地方的习性 |
[19:16] | – Miss Barnes? – Harrowden Hall students | -巴恩斯小姐? -哈罗登公馆的学生们 |
[19:19] | participate in all duties, | 要参与到所有的职责中 |
[19:21] | such as washing. | 比如 洗衣服 |
[19:23] | You’ll empty my chamber pot and make my bed. | 你要倒掉我的便桶 还要给我铺床 |
[19:26] | Do I make myself clear? | 我说清楚了吗? |
[19:29] | Perfectly. | 非常清楚 |
[19:31] | The correct response | 正确的回答方式 |
[19:33] | is “I understand, Miss Barnes, ma’am.” | 是”我明白了 巴恩斯小姐 女士” |
[19:36] | I don’t care that you’re a princess, all right? | 我可不管你是不是个公主 明白了吗? |
[19:38] | – No one here does. – The headmistress needs you, | -这里也没人关心 -校长找您 |
[19:41] | Miss Barnes. | 巴恩斯小姐 |
[19:47] | Ka’iulani, there’s a letter for you. | 卡拉伊乌妮 有你的信 |
[19:49] | – It’s from… – Kalehua. | -是从… -卡里胡阿 |
[19:56] | I’ll do the laundry, then, shall I? | 我来洗衣服吧 好吗? |
[20:06] | You Royal Highness… | 尊敬的殿下 |
[20:08] | fogive my writing without invitation | 宽恕我不经您的同意就给您写信 |
[20:12] | but my brother and I were saddened | 只是我的兄弟和我感到非常抱歉 |
[20:16] | …not to wish you aloha before you left | 在你走之前没说过一句珍重 |
[20:20] | That happy time at the place seems so long ago. | 欢乐的时光好像一去不复返了 |
[20:24] | In fact,the world has become a darker place since you left. | 事实上 自从你离开后世界变得更加黑暗 |
[20:27] | A group of haole businessmen made a new constitution… | 一群白种商人颁布了一部新的宪法 |
[20:32] | and backed by their militia… | 也有军队支持他们 |
[20:35] | 强迫 卡拉卡瓦 国王签署 | |
[20:37] | …or lose the throne. | 不然国王会失去王位 |
[20:40] | Now,jobs are scarce. | 现在 工作很难找 |
[20:46] | Under the new constitution, | 新宪法规定 |
[20:48] | if we don’t own land ,we cannot vote. | 如果我们没有土地 便不能投票 |
[20:54] | When I finish school next year, | 明年毕业 |
[20:56] | I’ll study law and hope to change that. | 我会去学习法律并希望能改变这一切 |
[21:04] | I pray that you return soon. | 我祈祷你能早些回来 |
[21:09] | All of Hawaii’i misses you. | 夏威夷人民想你 |
[21:12] | Your humble servant. | 您卑微的仆人 |
[21:15] | …Kalehua | 克勒瓦 |
[21:19] | – Give it back. – It’s a love letter. | -还给我 -是封情书 |
[21:21] | – Who’d write her a love letter? – Give it back. | -谁会给她写情书? -还给我 |
[21:24] | Where are you from? | 你从哪来的? |
[21:26] | – Are you Irish? – Please give it back. | -你是爱尔兰人吗? -请还给我吧 |
[21:29] | Give it back! | 还给我! |
[21:30] | Ugly Negro. | 恶心的黑人 |
[21:33] | Girls! Girls! | 女孩们!女孩们! |
[21:35] | – She attacked me, Miss Barnes. – That isn’t true. | 巴恩斯女士 她打我 – 她乱说 |
[21:38] | – She took my letter. – Miss Cleghorn! | 她抢走我的信 – 克莱格霍恩女士! |
[21:40] | Give me that. | 给我 |
[22:05] | You can pick those up, | 你可以捡起来 |
[22:08] | Your Highness. | 殿下 |
[23:35] | Are you going into town? | 你要进城吗? |
[23:39] | I am. | 是的 |
[23:44] | Could you bring me some journals? | 能帮我带些杂志吗? |
[23:49] | I could. | 行 |
[23:57] | Well? Will you? | 真的?你会帮我带? |
[24:09] | Or you could come with me. | 要不你可以跟我一起去 |
[24:12] | But I’m not dressed. | 但是我的衣服不合适 |
[24:43] | You think you’re quite the dandy, don’t you? | 你觉得你是美男子是吧? |
[24:47] | You do. | 当然 |
[24:50] | Sally May says you’re a terrible kisser. | 莎拉·美 你接吻技术很糟糕 |
[24:52] | Really? You’re a terrible liar. | 真的?少骗人了 |
[24:55] | Sally May wouldn’t give you the time of day, | 莎拉·美不会跟你说这些 |
[24:58] | let alone gossip to a child like you. | 别像小孩子一样听信谣言 |
[25:03] | I’m not a child. | 我不是小孩子 |
[25:10] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗? |
[25:34] | You could have been killed, stupid girl. | 笨女孩 太危险了 |
[27:40] | Victoria. | 维多利亚. |
[27:43] | Alice tells me you’re doing very well at school. | 爱丽丝告诉我你在学校表现很好 |
[27:52] | What is it? | 怎么了? |
[27:57] | I have news from your father. | 从你父亲那里得到新消息 |
[28:01] | Your uncle, | 你的叔叔 |
[28:02] | the King, | 国王陛下 |
[28:04] | has died. | 已经去世了 |
[28:35] | I am so sorry. | 我深表同情 |
[28:39] | He apparently had been slipping away for some time. | 很显然他离开一段时间了 |
[28:46] | I should… | 我应该… |
[28:49] | Alice is waiting for me. | 爱丽丝还在等我 |
[28:50] | Victoria. | 维多利亚 |
[28:53] | Your aunt will be Queen of Hawaii now. | 你阿姨将会是夏威夷的女王 |
[28:57] | – And you… – I feel flushed. | 你… – 好热呀 |
[29:16] | My dearest Ka’iulani, | 我最亲爱的卡拉伊乌妮 |
[29:19] | it was your uncle’s wish | 这是你叔叔的愿望 |
[29:22] | and my command | 我指认你 |
[29:24] | that you be named heir to the throne. | 你为王位继承人 |
[29:28] | Until such time, my darling, | 亲爱的 在这个非常时期 |
[29:31] | I must attend to my people | 我必须加入到我的子民当中 |
[29:33] | and forget my sorrow. | 忘记自己的悲伤 |
[29:36] | Remember, Ka’iulani, | 记住 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[29:38] | to always make room for the living. | 活着的人更重要 |
[30:15] | Should I leave you? | 我应该离开吗? |
[30:41] | Father says you may be leaving us. | 父亲说你将会离开我们 |
[30:58] | I don’t want you to go. | 我不想你离开 |
[31:01] | Why does it matter? You’re off to university anyway. | 有什么关系?不管怎么样 你都要离开学校的 |
[31:06] | It matters. | 当然有关系 |
[31:09] | It matters. | 有关系 |
[31:20] | You have no idea, do you? | 你不知道 是不? |
[31:24] | The hell it’s been living with you. | 与你相处的痛苦 |
[31:27] | Seeing you every day, the way you smile. | 每天看到你 看着你的笑容 |
[31:30] | Your laugh, your perfume. | 你的笑声 你的香味 |
[31:33] | Hell? | 痛苦? |
[31:35] | Yes. And I know it’s not the right time now, but you | 是的 我知道现在不是好时机 但你 |
[31:38] | – just may very well leave, and l… – What? | 我有必须离开的理由 我… – 什么? |
[31:45] | I love you, Ka’iulani. | 我爱你 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[31:48] | I’m… I’m hopelessly in love with you. | 我…我无可救药的爱上了你 |
[32:06] | Hopelessly. | 无可救药 |
[32:13] | Desperately. | 不顾一切的 |
[32:16] | Irreparably. Completely. | 不能自拔的 完全的 |
[32:35] | I’m talking about a legitimate constitution. | 我说的是合法的宪法 |
[32:38] | Your Highness, we have a constitution signed by the King. | 殿下 我们有国王制定的宪法 |
[32:40] | I do not recognize a constitution that is unjust, | 我不承认那种不公平的宪法 |
[32:44] | – crafted by thieves. – Thieves, did you say? | 那些小偷们精心制定的 – 你刚说小偷们? |
[32:46] | Silence, Mr. Thurston. | 安静 瑟斯顿先生 |
[32:49] | You succeeded in bending my brother. | 你成功的使我的兄弟屈服 |
[32:51] | Me you will not find as pliable. | 我 永远不可能屈服于你 |
[32:55] | We act for the people, Your Majesty. | 殿下 我们所做的一切都是为了人民 |
[32:59] | The people? | 为了人民? |
[33:00] | Yes. | 当然 |
[33:02] | This constitution | 这宪法 |
[33:05] | was petitioned by the citizens of this country. | 是公民们的意愿 |
[33:08] | By the people, Mr. Thurston. | 由公民们制定的 瑟斯顿先生 |
[33:11] | This is the constitution they want, as do I, | 这是他们想要的宪法 我也是 |
[33:15] | signed and enacted immediately. | 马上签字并颁布 |
[33:22] | As you wish. | 如你所愿 |
[33:28] | Your Majesty, I feel that you do not unders… | 殿下 我觉得你并不清楚… |
[33:31] | You are dismissed, Mr. Dole. | 你被解雇了 多乐先生 |
[33:40] | Send this message. | 帮我传个口信 |
[33:42] | U.S. Minister Stephens, Honolulu Harbor. | 美国部长斯特芬斯先生 檀香山港口 |
[33:44] | American lives and property at risk. | 美国将本国的财产至于危险当中 |
[34:06] | I’ve lowered the top bar so that you can ride it. | 我已经调低横杆 你可以轻松的骑上它 |
[34:15] | But it’s yours. | 但这是你的 |
[34:18] | Try it. | 试试 |
[34:21] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[34:25] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[34:28] | My ankle. | 我的脚 |
[34:29] | Have a seat. That’s it. | 坐下 就是这样 |
[34:36] | This one? | 这只? |
[35:18] | I’m told this is the most sensitive part of a woman’s body. | 这是女人身体上最敏感的部位 |
[35:29] | A woman’s geography is a little different in Hawai’i. | 女人的身体地图与夏威夷地图可不一样 |
[35:33] | Is that so? | 是这样吗? |
[36:08] | And what if I asked you to marry me? | 如果我向你求婚呢? |
[36:13] | I wouldn’t know until you asked me. | 你不向我求婚我怎么会知道呢 |
[36:22] | Will you? | 你会同意吗? |
[36:23] | That’s not very romantic. | 这一点都不浪漫 |
[36:32] | Victoria… | 维多利亚… |
[36:34] | Kawekiu Lunalilo… | 卡维希乌·路纳利罗… |
[36:39] | Kalaninuiahilapalapa Ka’iulani… | 卡拉尼鲁伊阿西拉帕拉帕·卡拉伊乌妮… |
[36:45] | will you marry me? | 嫁给我好吗? |
[37:00] | What if I have to go back to Hawai’i, though? | 如果我要回去夏威夷呢? |
[37:05] | I’ll follow you. | 我将随你而去 |
[37:11] | – I’ll follow you. – Really? | 我将随你而去 – 真的? |
[37:13] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[37:31] | You’re in here working yourself up, aren’t you? | 你就在这自个努力吗? |
[37:39] | Don’t. | 别 |
[37:42] | You’ll be the most beautiful girl at the party, easily. | 你会是聚会里最漂亮的女孩 别紧张 |
[37:50] | Which one’s for when you first kissed Clive? | 你第一次亲吻克里夫时是什么时候? |
[39:09] | Grace de Grof. | 欢迎光临 |
[39:15] | How delightful to see you again, Elizabeth. | 真高兴再见到你伊丽莎白 |
[39:17] | Afternoon, Theo. | 中午好 西奥 |
[39:18] | Splendid show, David. | 非常帅气 大卫 |
[39:19] | How was your trip abroad? | 你在国外的旅行如何? |
[39:21] | You must tell us all about it after this evening’s ball. | 今天晚上你得一五一十的告诉我们 |
[39:23] | That dark complexion. | 那位黑人 |
[39:29] | She’s half Polynesian | 她有一半玻璃尼西亚人血统 |
[39:30] | And the wrong half Edinburgh Scot. | 和错误的一半 爱丁堡苏格兰人血统 |
[39:33] | Reverent Groth, you remember Alice… | 尊敬的格罗斯 你记得爱丽丝… |
[39:35] | And Clive is romantically involved with her. | 克里夫与她在谈恋爱 |
[39:38] | Have a wonderful party. | 祝愿有个美好的宴会 |
[39:42] | Do you think she’s attractive? | 你觉得她有魅力吗? |
[39:45] | In a jungle tigress sort of way, I suppose. | 我觉得…母老虎类型的吧 |
[39:49] | David. | 大卫 |
[39:54] | Victoria, I’d like to introduce the Duke of Winchester | 维多利亚 我非常荣幸的介绍温切斯特公爵 |
[39:57] | and his new wife, the Duchess. | 以及他的新任妻子 公爵夫人 |
[39:58] | New wife? Was there another? | 新任?之前还有其他人? |
[40:03] | We were just admiring you from across the room. | 我们很是仰慕你 |
[40:07] | Do you read and write? | 你读书或是写作吗? |
[40:12] | In both Hawaiian and English, David. | 有的 使用夏威夷语及英语 大卫 |
[40:16] | Hawaii has the highest literacy rate in the world. | 夏威夷受教育比例在全世界是最高的 |
[40:20] | Your gown is lovely. | 你的礼服非常可爱 |
[40:22] | You could almost pass as one of our royals. | 可以与我们皇室成员匹敌了 |
[40:24] | The princess’ family line dates back 1500 years. | 公主的家族有1500年历史了 |
[40:29] | How long have you had your title, Elizabeth, a month? | 伊丽莎白 你家爵位的历史有多久 一个月? |
[40:31] | – Excuse us. – It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. | 打扰了 – 很荣幸能认识你 |
[40:40] | I am sorry, Elizabeth. | 抱歉 伊丽莎白 |
[40:42] | Honesty does always get the better of him. | 他总是过于诚实 |
[41:23] | Look at me. | 看看我 |
[41:25] | I’m a mess. | 我这么脏乱 |
[41:27] | Forget them. They’re pompous fools. | 别想了 他们都是些愚蠢的笨蛋 |
[41:37] | I don’t care what they think. | 他们在想什么我不在乎 |
[41:39] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:41] | I don’t. | 不在乎 |
[41:43] | Good. | 很好 |
[41:49] | It just bothers me to sit here. | 只是坐在那里有点无聊 |
[41:56] | Like some ornament. | 像是装饰品 |
[42:02] | More news? | 有什么新消息吗? |
[42:12] | It’s from Kalehua. | 卡里胡阿那儿的消息 |
[42:21] | Do you want to go home? | 你想回去吗? |
[42:38] | Clive. May we have a word? | 克里夫 我们能近一步说话吗? |
[42:43] | In private, if you’ll excuse us, Victoria. | 私下里 维多利亚 如果你不介意 |
[42:46] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[42:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[43:02] | If this is about the Duke and the Duchess, I’m sor… | 如果是因为公爵和公爵夫人 我很对.. |
[43:04] | You and Victoria. | 你跟维多利亚 |
[43:09] | Yes, I’ve proposed. | 是的 我向她求婚了 |
[43:11] | She’s accepted. | 她接受了 |
[43:12] | – Good. – We thought so. | 太好了 – 我们也这么觉得 |
[43:16] | If you want her to stay, if you want to marry her, | 如果你跟她结婚 如果你想她留下来 |
[43:19] | she mustn’t see this. | 她决不能看见这 |
[43:27] | Move, move, move! | 行动 行动 行动! |
[43:30] | Go, go, go, go, go! | 走 走 走 走 走! |
[43:46] | Has Washington approved? | 华盛顿同意了吗? |
[43:49] | Well, democracy is American. | 民主代表美国 |
[43:51] | Take the palace! | 占领皇宫 |
[43:53] | Surrender all your weapons! | 交出你们的武器! |
[43:56] | Give me that. | 把那个给我 |
[44:11] | Ma’am, | 夫人 |
[44:12] | Mrs. Connolly, the seamstress. | 克罗尼夫人 那位裁缝 |
[44:26] | – Miss Barnes. – Ma’am. | 巴恩斯女士 – 夫人 |
[44:30] | Recently widowed. | 新寡妇 |
[44:32] | Looking for work, ma’am. | 我正在找工作 夫人 |
[44:40] | Bring towels. | 把毛巾拿过来 |
[44:42] | – Quickly. – But she was so… | 快点 – 但是她太… |
[44:44] | Alice. | 爱丽丝 |
[44:59] | Your cloak looks very damp, Mrs. Connolly. | 克罗尼 夫人 你的外衣都湿了 |
[45:03] | May I? | 我可以吗? |
[45:08] | Please. | 拜托 |
[45:44] | I’m just not sure if he’s the wisest choice at this moment. | 我只是不确定当下他是不是正确的选择 |
[45:49] | Who are you to say what I can do? | 你在对谁说? |
[45:51] | I am still your father, young lady. | 年轻人 我仍然是你的父亲 |
[45:54] | You lost that privilege two years ago, | 你失去那些特权两年了 |
[45:57] | when you abandoned me. | 当你抛弃我开始 |
[45:58] | Why are you here? | 你怎么会在这里? |
[46:01] | Haven’t you read any of my telegrams? | 你没有收到我的电报吗? |
[46:04] | What telegrams? | 什么电报? |
[46:09] | Stay there. | 呆在这 |
[46:16] | Where are they? | 电报在哪? |
[46:18] | Where are they? | 电报在哪? |
[46:32] | “Monarchy overthrown.” | 推翻君主立宪制 |
[46:34] | “House arrest.” | 软禁 |
[46:36] | “Notify the princess.” | 通知公主 |
[46:39] | Why? | 为什么? |
[46:43] | Why? | 为什么? |
[46:45] | Victoria, you’re getting married. | 维多利亚 你要结婚了 |
[46:54] | Did you know? | 你知道吗? |
[46:57] | These. Did you know? | 这些 你知道吗? |
[47:01] | I did. | 我知道 |
[47:07] | Am I that weak in your eyes? | 在你看来我就那么不堪一击吗? |
[47:10] | No. I thought that I would wait | 不是 我只是想着 |
[47:13] | until we were married. | 可以结婚以后再告诉你 |
[47:14] | And I’m just to follow in your pursuits? | 然后我就只能照你说的做? |
[47:16] | No. | 不是 |
[47:18] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[47:21] | You’ve said that. | 这话你说过了 |
[47:24] | Victoria… | 维多利亚… |
[47:27] | There is no Victoria. | 这里没有维多利亚 |
[47:29] | There never was. | 从来都没有过 |
[47:41] | Ka’iulani. Ka’iulani, wait. | 卡拉伊乌妮. 卡拉伊乌妮等等 |
[47:44] | I made a mistake. I’m sorry. | 我错了 对不起 |
[47:46] | You said you’d follow me if I had to go. | 你说过如果我必须得回去你会和我一起 |
[47:48] | I know, and I will. If it comes to that, then I will follow you. | 如果必须这样 我会跟你去 |
[47:52] | – Stop. – Do you think that you mean more to me | -停下吧 -你以为你比我的国家更重要吗? |
[47:54] | than my country? Do you? | 你这么认为么? |
[49:15] | Ka’iulani. | 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[49:34] | I… | 我… |
[49:36] | I had cross words with Theo last night. | 我昨晚和西奥谈了谈 |
[49:41] | Why would he do it? | 他为什么会这么做? |
[49:43] | He has his own interest to protect, I suppose. | 我想他有他自己要保护的东西 |
[49:46] | Feels miserable about the way | 他感到痛苦对于 |
[49:49] | that things have worked out between you and the boy. | 你和那个男孩之间发生这样的事情 |
[49:55] | He should. | 他应该的 |
[49:59] | Whether or not it’s the best time, the boy loves you. | 无论这是否是最好的时候 那个男孩爱你 |
[50:09] | But he left. So it doesn’t really matter, does it? | 但是他走了 所以什么都不重要 不是吗? |
[50:22] | Tell me how we lost our country. | 告诉我我们是怎么失去我们的国家的 |
[50:33] | Do you remember your uncle’s bodyguard | 你还记得多年前 |
[50:35] | from all those years ago? | 你叔叔的保镖吗? |
[50:36] | – Yes. – Well, he organized a rebellion | -记得 -他发起了一场起义 |
[50:40] | after Dole and Thurston had overthrown the government. | 在多乐和瑟斯顿推翻政府之后 |
[50:47] | And the plan was to march on Honolulu | 他计划了一场在檀香山的游行 |
[50:49] | and force Thurston’s regime to disband, | 来迫使瑟斯顿政权解体 |
[50:52] | but his men were not prepared for what lay in wait. | 但是他的人不知道那里设有埋伏 |
[50:59] | It was a massacre from the beginning, I’m afraid. | 恐怕一开始是一场大屠杀 |
[51:04] | Fire! | 开火! |
[51:20] | Kalehua! | 卡里胡阿! |
[51:43] | How many dead? | 死了多少人? |
[51:44] | Too many. | 太多了 |
[51:50] | And Aunt Lydia? | 姨母莉迪亚呢? |
[51:53] | The palace was overrun with thieves and whores. | 宫殿里盗贼和妓女横行 |
[51:56] | She was arrested. She was declared guilty of treason | 她被逮捕了 以叛国罪宣判 |
[52:00] | and sentenced to indefinite house arrest | 并判处无限期软禁 |
[52:02] | with forfeiture of her assets. | 没收所有财产 |
[52:10] | And the twins? | 那对双胞胎呢? |
[52:11] | No, I’ve had no news of either of them. | 不知道 他们中任何一个的消息我都不知道 |
[52:23] | What if we were to appeal to the American president | 如果我们呼吁美国总统 |
[52:26] | to withhold his support? | 撤销他的支持呢? |
[52:29] | Even if we could find a way to see him, | 即使我们有办法见到他 |
[52:31] | Cleveland hasn’t much of his term left. | 克利夫兰的任期也没有多久了 |
[52:34] | Then we will act quickly. | 那么我们就抓紧行动 |
[52:40] | Don’t you think I could persuade a president? | 难道你不认为我能说服一个总统吗? |
[52:44] | Well, you are your mother’s daughter, I suppose. | 果然是你母亲的女儿 |
[53:24] | Don’t disregard your heart. | 不要忽视你自己的心 |
[54:11] | Why didn’t you go after him? | 为什么你不跟着他走? |
[54:14] | – Pride, I suppose. – Pride. | -我的骄傲 我想 -骄傲 |
[54:17] | Pride can keep you from many a good thing. | 骄傲可以让你远离很多美好的东西 |
[54:19] | Now, would you have a read of this, please? | 现在 可否请你看看这个? |
[54:23] | What is it? | 这是什么? |
[54:25] | Theo wrote it for you. | 西奥帮你写的 |
[54:27] | It’s his way of making amends, I suppose. | 我想这是他补偿的方式 |
[54:31] | American press will be waiting for you. | 美国媒体将在那等着你 |
[54:34] | – They know we’re coming? – Yes, yes. | -他们知道我们要来? -是的 是的 |
[54:36] | Thurston made sure of it. | 瑟斯顿肯定我们会来 |
[54:37] | He posted a somewhat inflammatory letter in the main New York journal. | 他给纽约一些主流报社提供煽动性信息 |
[54:43] | Why am I not surprised? | 我为什么一点都不惊讶? |
[54:47] | – This needs revisions. – Why am I not surprised? | -这个需要修改 -我为什么一点都不惊讶? |
[54:54] | I don’t know what to expect. Here she is. | 我不知道会发生什么 她来了 |
[54:56] | Excuse me, coming through. | 对不起 借过 |
[55:02] | – Think she’ll be barefoot? – More than likely. | -你觉着她光着脚么? -极有可能 |
[55:09] | Wait here, ma’am. | 在这等一下 女士 |
[55:11] | Ladies and gentlemen. Ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 女士们先生们 |
[55:14] | Thank you for being here. | 谢谢你们的到来 |
[55:16] | I would like to present my daughter, | 请允许我介绍我的女儿 |
[55:19] | Princess Ka’iulani of Hawai’i. | 夏威夷公主卡拉伊乌妮 |
[55:30] | – She’s pretty. – Undeniably. | -她真漂亮 -无可否认 |
[55:32] | She’s beautiful. | 她真美 |
[55:42] | Unbidden, I stand | 虽然未被邀请 但我今天 |
[55:44] | – on your shores today… – What? | -站在你的岸边…-什么? |
[55:46] | – What? – Can’t hear at the back. | -什么? -在后面什么也听不到 |
[55:47] | – What is she saying? – Louder. | -她说什么呢? -大点儿声 |
[55:49] | I come unattended except for the loving hearts… | 我到这里来除了带着满怀爱的心… |
[55:52] | – Speak up, girlie. – Speak English? | -说话 傻妞 -你会说英语吗? |
[55:55] | – Louder. – What are you waiting for? | -大点儿声 -你等什么呢? |
[55:58] | I hear that commissioners from my land | 我听说我们国家的委员们 |
[56:01] | have been asking this great nation to take away my little vineyard. | 一直在请求这个伟大的国家拿走我的小葡萄园 |
[56:06] | – What did she say? – They speak no word to me, | -她说什么了? -他们什么也没有告诉我 |
[56:09] | – and leave me to find out… – What are you talking about? | -并让我自己去找到… -你说什么呢? |
[56:14] | Get on with what you got to say. | 快说你要说的 |
[56:16] | Nothing. She’s just a girl. | 没什么 她只是个小女孩 |
[56:19] | Get on with it. | 说呀 |
[56:30] | – 70 years ago… – What? | -七十年前… -什么? |
[56:33] | Christian America sent men and women | 美国的基督教派一些男人女人们 |
[56:36] | to give religion to Hawai’i. | 到夏威夷传播宗教信仰 |
[56:40] | Today, three sons of those missionaries | 今天 那些传教士的三个儿子 |
[56:43] | are appealing to your capitol | 恳求你们的国会大厦 |
[56:45] | to undo their fathers’ work. | 撤销他们父亲们的工作 |
[56:48] | I, a young, inexperienced girl, | 我 一个年轻的 没有经验的女孩 |
[56:53] | with not one of my people near me, | 没有一个我的人民在我身边 |
[56:55] | and all of these statesmen against me, | 而且所有的政治家都反对我 |
[56:58] | have chosen to stand up for the rights of my people. | 我选择为我的人民的权利而站起来 |
[57:02] | Even now, I hear their wailing in my heart. | 即使是现在 我都能听到他们在我心中哀嚎 |
[57:07] | And it gives me the strength and courage. | 这些给了我力量和勇气 |
[57:11] | And I am strong | 而且我很强大 |
[57:12] | in the faith of God, | 因为我有信仰 |
[57:15] | strong in the knowledge that I am right. | 我强大因为我是正确的 |
[57:18] | Strong in the strength of 70 million people | 我强大因为在这片自由的领土上的 |
[57:22] | who in this free land | 七千万人民 |
[57:24] | will hear my cry and refuse to let their flag | 会听到我的哭泣并拒绝让他们的旗帜里 |
[57:28] | hide dishonor to mine. | 隐藏着征服我的国家的耻辱 |
[57:32] | – Bravo. – Good for you. | -太棒了 -干的漂亮 |
[57:33] | Well said. | 说得好 |
[57:41] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[57:42] | Are there any questions? | 有什么问题吗? |
[57:44] | – Yes. Over here. – Yes, you, sir. You, sir, yes. | -有 这儿 -好的 您 先生 您 对 |
[57:46] | Ka’iulani, will you be meeting with the President? | 卡拉伊乌妮公主你会去见总统吗? |
[57:49] | I’m in the United States as a private individual, | 我现在在美国是以私人的身份 |
[57:53] | with no invitation to the White House. | 没有白宫的邀请 |
[57:56] | But with your help, I hope to change that. | 但在你们的帮助下 我希望能改变这一点 |
[57:59] | But you can call on him any time, informally. | 但是你可以随时打电话给他 私下里 |
[58:02] | I could not do that. | 我不能这样做 |
[58:05] | One would not call on a gentleman | 人们不会私下里给一个 |
[58:07] | with whom they are not acquainted informally. | 他们不认识的先生打电话 |
[58:09] | And I do not believe that the public station of President Cleveland | 我相信克利夫兰总统执政下的国家 |
[58:13] | makes a difference. | 也不会有什么不一样 |
[58:15] | How long will you wait, then, for an invitation? | 那么 你会为了这个邀请等多久呢? |
[58:18] | As long as it takes. | 有多久等多久 |
[58:20] | And if he won’t meet with you? | 那么如果他不见你呢? |
[58:22] | Then I shall be here a very long time. | 那么我会在这里待很久 |
[58:29] | That’s all for this afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. | 今天下午就到这里了 女士们先生们 |
[58:31] | Thank you very, very much. Thank you. | 非常非常感谢你们 谢谢 |
[58:38] | Rather, the very flower of civilization. | 她是文明社会的一朵奇葩 |
[58:41] | Her accent says London, her figure New York, | 她听起来是伦敦的 看起来是纽约的 |
[58:44] | but her heart says Hawaii. | 但是她的心在夏威夷 |
[58:45] | Not at all what I expected, | 她完全不是我想象的那样 |
[58:49] | not even a hemi-semi-demi barbarian. | 甚至不是半-半-半野蛮人 |
[59:20] | Christian. | 克里斯汀 |
[59:28] | Set this to print immediately. | 马上去出版这个 |
[59:36] | And the headline? | 标题写什么? |
[59:40] | “The princess who imagines she’s queen.” | “自以为是女王的公主” |
[59:50] | I came to America to meet with the President, | 我到美国是为了来见总统的 |
[59:53] | not to share a hot dog with the First Lady. | 不是为了和第一夫人一起吃热狗 |
[59:55] | But you’re not a statesman. | 但你不是政治家 |
[59:59] | So I’m to have a luncheon… | 所以我得参加一个午餐会… |
[1:00:02] | Yes. Yes. | 对 没错 |
[1:00:03] | Under the guise of having a luncheon, | 在午餐会的幌子下 |
[1:00:05] | we could meet the most powerful man in America. | 我们可以见到美国最有权力的人 |
[1:00:08] | You have to walk a fine line here, Ka’iulani. | 你必须好好表现 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[1:00:18] | Your name is beautiful. And so are you, my dear. | 你的名字真美 而且你本人也是 亲爱的 |
[1:00:22] | Much fairer in person than in the papers. | 这么看比在报纸上还要美 |
[1:00:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:00:27] | Grover was adamant that you join us. | 格罗夫坚持要你加入我们 |
[1:00:30] | Speaking of the devil. | 说曹操曹操到 |
[1:00:34] | A stroke of good fortune. | 真是好运气 |
[1:00:35] | My meeting was cancelled. I’m available for lunch. | 会议取消了 我可以吃午餐了 |
[1:00:38] | The man can always eat. | 他总是可以吃 |
[1:00:40] | I know you won’t take no for an answer, Grover. | 我知道你会说不是 格罗夫 |
[1:00:50] | Anything I can bring you, ma’am? | 您需要什么 女士? |
[1:00:52] | Cumin, please. | 茴香粉 谢谢 |
[1:00:54] | Your Highness, it’s been impossible to ignore your stay here. | 殿下 现在根本不可能忽视您在美国 |
[1:00:57] | The press absolutely loves you. | 媒体完全喜欢您 |
[1:00:59] | There are Senators on Capitol Hill | 国会有的参议员 |
[1:01:01] | that wield less power over the press than you seem to. | 对媒体的影响力还不如您呢 |
[1:01:04] | Her Highness understands that she’s not here on state business. | 殿下明白她来这里不是为了国家事务 |
[1:01:07] | Thank you. What my father is saying | 谢谢 我父亲的意思是 |
[1:01:10] | is that I am grateful to be a guest | 我很荣幸能成为您的客人 |
[1:01:13] | and would never presume to talk about the politics of Hawai’i. | 并且绝不会冒昧地谈论夏威夷的政治问题 |
[1:01:18] | Which reminds me of this hen. | 说到这让我想到了这只母鸡 |
[1:01:22] | The hen reminds you of Hawaii? | 这只鸡能让你想到夏威夷? |
[1:01:26] | It does, actually. | 它确实可以 |
[1:01:29] | Natural, unspoiled, | 自然的 未被破坏的 |
[1:01:34] | perfect. | 完美极了 |
[1:01:37] | For as long as anyone can remember, | 大家都知道 |
[1:01:40] | pepper has been the perfect seasoning for hen. | 胡椒一直是吃鸡肉的完美调味品 |
[1:01:44] | Lately, though, salt, a white mineral from the sea, | 尽管最近 盐 一种海里的白色矿物 |
[1:01:49] | has been the fashion. | 很流行 |
[1:01:52] | Careful to add just a bit, | 只是稍稍加一点 |
[1:01:53] | as a perfect balance can be easily upset. | 作为一个完美的平衡也会被破坏 |
[1:01:58] | Should you introduce an American spice, such as cumin… | 如果您介绍一种美国香料 比如说茴香 |
[1:02:07] | the salt is fortified, | 咸味被强化了 |
[1:02:10] | the hen destroyed. | 鸡肉的味道被破坏了 |
[1:02:20] | Mr. President, if you please. | 总统先生 请您品尝 |
[1:02:26] | It’s terrible. | 太难吃了 |
[1:02:29] | Tell me, how do we restore the natural flavor? | 告诉我 怎么才能恢复它原本的味道? |
[1:02:41] | Cumin has no place on hen. | 鸡肉上不能有茴香 |
[1:02:51] | Well, Princess, I only have four weeks left in office. | 好吧 公主 我的任期只有四个星期了 |
[1:02:55] | But I promise to do what I can to halt the use of… cumin. | 但是我保证我可以停止使用…茴香 |
[1:03:00] | You’ll need to get your spices in order quickly, young lady. | 你得尽快找到你自己的调料 小姑娘 |
[1:03:03] | President-elect McKinley is from Ohio, | 当选总统的麦肯利来自俄亥俄州 |
[1:03:05] | and as far as I know, | 而且据我所知 |
[1:03:07] | not a very good cook. | 他不是个好厨师 |
[1:03:13] | Gentlemen. | 先生们 |
[1:03:16] | She may have succeeded in winning over Cleveland, | 她一定成功说服克利夫兰了 |
[1:03:21] | but the new President doesn’t share his views. | 但是新总统还没有表态 |
[1:03:26] | McKinley is wise to the riches of this country | 麦肯利对于这个国家的财富 |
[1:03:32] | and what we can do for his. | 和我们能为它做的很清楚 |
[1:03:34] | And he understands | 而且他明白 |
[1:03:35] | that whoever possesses Hawai’i controls the Pacific. | 谁占有夏威夷谁就控制了太平洋 |
[1:03:41] | So her plan has failed. | 所以她的计划失败了 |
[1:03:43] | What she’s done is an act of treason, | 她背叛了我们 |
[1:03:46] | – and we will not stand for it. – That’s right. | 我们坚决反对 对 |
[1:03:52] | If she does return, | 如果她回来了 |
[1:03:55] | I propose that she is immediately incarcerated. | 我提议把她立即关起来 |
[1:03:58] | What possible good could that do? | 那有这么做有什么好处? |
[1:04:02] | She’s of little relevance to you now. | 她现在和你毫无关系 |
[1:04:04] | The United States is on your side. | 美国站在你这边 |
[1:04:07] | Our side? Don’t you mean justice? | 我们这边? 你是说公正? |
[1:04:12] | Yes. Yes. | 是的 是的 |
[1:04:15] | Of course. What I’m saying is that to imprison the princess | 当然 我说的是把公主关起来 |
[1:04:19] | would only create more tension between sides. | 无疑会使双方关系更紧张 |
[1:04:24] | There is only one side, Sanford. | 只有一方 桑福德 |
[1:04:32] | Ours. | 我们这边 |
[1:04:37] | It’s interesting you haven’t realized that yet. | 有趣的是你居然还没意识到 |
[1:04:48] | Are we there yet? | 我们已经到了吗? |
[1:05:11] | All right, boys. | 好的 孩子们 |
[1:05:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:05:51] | I have orders to escort you to the Queen’s residence, Princess. | 我被派来护送您到达皇后的住所 公主 |
[1:05:53] | Please. | 请 |
[1:06:45] | Ka’iulani? | 卡拉伊乌妮? |
[1:06:48] | I hardly recognize you. | 我差点认不出你 |
[1:06:52] | You have become a woman. | 你已经变成了一个大姑娘 |
[1:06:56] | So beautiful. | 真漂亮 |
[1:07:00] | Your country has missed you, Ka’iulani. | 你的国家思念你 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[1:07:03] | I am so happy you’ve come back. | 你回来我太高兴了 |
[1:07:07] | What happened? | 发生了什么? |
[1:07:14] | The United States supports the anti-royalists. | 美国支持反皇主义者 |
[1:07:18] | It is clear to me now that they always intended to do so. | 我明白他们已蓄谋已久 |
[1:07:25] | We are being annexed. | 我们正在被吞并 |
[1:07:28] | Our sovereignty stolen. | 我们的统一正在被瓦解 |
[1:07:32] | The signed a petition which was ignored. | 肯纳卡人已经签署了被忽视已久的请愿书 |
[1:07:41] | We have been silenced. | 我们却仍在沉默 |
[1:07:46] | I’m so sorry. | 我感到非常难过 |
[1:08:03] | It was a very noble thing you did, my child. | 你干的事是高尚的 我的孩子 |
[1:08:07] | Unfortunately, you have arrived at the saddest possible time. | 不幸的是 你来的时机可能是最坏的 |
[1:08:15] | The annexation ceremony is tomorrow. | 明天举行吞并仪式 |
[1:08:19] | I won’t attend. | 我不会参加 |
[1:08:22] | I’m hosting a private function… | 我要主持一个私人活动 |
[1:08:25] | a kind of funeral… | 一场葬礼 |
[1:08:28] | for our nation. | 为我们的国家 |
[1:08:33] | A wise woman once said… | 一位睿智的女性曾经说过 |
[1:08:38] | “We must always make room for the living.” | 我们要为生者提供空间 |
[1:08:44] | And we will. | 我们会的 |
[1:09:33] | My dear Ka’iulani… | 亲爱的卡拉伊乌妮 |
[1:09:37] | Please understand my reasons for leaving you. | 请体谅我离开你的原因 |
[1:09:44] | I believe you will find it easier to go home without me. | 没有我你会更快回家 |
[1:09:48] | I acted foolishly, | 我干了蠢事 |
[1:09:50] | and for that I am truly sorry. | 对此我表示抱歉 |
[1:09:55] | But please, I beg you, | 但是 我求你 |
[1:09:57] | do not forget us. | 不要忘记我们 |
[1:09:59] | Our love deserves to be guarded. | 我们的爱值得守护 |
[1:10:02] | I pray that time will bring us together again. | 我祈祷时间能让我们再次相聚 |
[1:10:09] | Remain courageous, my beloved princess. | 要勇敢 亲爱的公主 |
[1:10:12] | No one can resist you. | 没人能与你抗衡 |
[1:10:15] | Certainly not I. | 我当然不会 |
[1:10:18] | Your loving Clive. | 爱你的克里夫 |
[1:10:25] | The night my country disappeared. | 在我的国家消失的夜晚 |
[1:10:40] | Do you swear allegiance to God and country? | 你敢发誓会对上帝和国家忠诚吗? |
[1:10:43] | I do. | 我敢 |
[1:11:40] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪弄到这个? |
[1:12:20] | May I have a word, Your Highness? | 我能说句话吗 殿下? |
[1:12:37] | I appreciate your seeing me, Your Highness. | 我很高兴你能见我 殿下 |
[1:12:46] | I can only imagine the emotions that you are feeling today. | 我能想象您今天的心情 |
[1:12:54] | Now that Hawai’i is U.S. Territory, there must be new laws. | 作为美国的领土 夏威夷需要一部新的法律 |
[1:12:58] | To that end, three U.S. Commissioners are arriving today to assist me. | 三名美国官员今天回来帮助我 |
[1:13:04] | Lorrin Thurston and I were wondering if you might… | 罗琳 瑟斯顿和我想着也许你可以 |
[1:13:08] | If you could possibly find it in yourself to host a dinner for these commissioners. | 是否能为三位官员接风 |
[1:13:14] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[1:13:17] | Your Highness, these commissioners | 殿下 这些官员 |
[1:13:20] | will play a critical role in the future of Hawai’i. | 对夏威夷的未来扮演很重要的角色 |
[1:13:27] | Their knowledge is limited to what Thurston has told them. | 他们的知识仅限于瑟斯顿所讲述的 |
[1:13:41] | Just be a good hostess. | 做个好的女主人 |
[1:13:43] | Show them our solidarity. | 给他们看看我们有多团结 |
[1:13:46] | It’s a very important evening for us. | 这个夜晚对我们很重要 |
[1:13:49] | It could be for you as well. | 对你也是 |
[1:13:53] | Late one night, when we were all in bed | 深夜 当我们在睡梦中时 |
[1:13:58] | – Old Mother Leary left a lantern in the shed – Thank you. | 老母亲莱瑞留了灯笼在库房 谢谢 |
[1:14:03] | When the cow kicked it over, she winked her eye and said | 当牛踢翻它 她眨着眼说 |
[1:14:07] | There’ll be a hot time in the old town tonight | 今晚古镇将会很热 |
[1:14:12] | Good evening, Your Highness. | 晚上好 殿下 |
[1:14:18] | Your Highness. | 殿下 |
[1:14:24] | Princess. | 公主 |
[1:14:30] | – Your Highness. – Good evening. | 殿下 晚上好 |
[1:14:36] | You are doing your people a great service tonight, | 今晚你为人民做的很多 |
[1:14:39] | – Princess. – Evening. | 公主 晚上好 |
[1:14:42] | I hope so, Mr. Thurston. | 我希望如此 瑟斯顿先生 |
[1:14:44] | Your Highness. | 殿下 |
[1:14:46] | Good evening, sir. | 晚上好 先生 |
[1:15:20] | Ladies and gentlemen. | 女士们先生们 |
[1:15:24] | Ladies and gentlemen, I am so pleased | 女士们先生们 我很高兴 |
[1:15:27] | to see everyone enjoying themselves. | 大家能尽兴 |
[1:15:31] | Don’t be afraid to try the poi. | 不要害怕 尝尝芋泥 |
[1:15:34] | It’s really quite delicious. | 太好吃了 |
[1:15:38] | I have the distinguished honor | 我非常荣幸 |
[1:15:40] | this evening to introduce your hostess, | 今晚能向你们介绍女主人 |
[1:15:44] | the lovely Princess Ka’iulani. | 可爱的卡拉伊乌妮公主 |
[1:15:48] | Hear, hear. | 听 听 |
[1:15:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:15:55] | I hope everyone enjoyed the local food this evening. | 我希望大家今晚能喜欢这的特色食物 |
[1:16:00] | The haggis, of course, is not Hawaiian, | 羊肉杂碎布丁 当然 不是夏威夷的 |
[1:16:03] | but rather a reminder to my father to stay away from the kitchen staff. | 它提醒我的父亲远离厨房 |
[1:16:10] | Hawai’i is about to enter into the 20th century a changed nation. | 夏威夷将改变 进入二十世纪 |
[1:16:20] | This evening I offer that we embark on this transition | 今晚我建议我们开始改变 |
[1:16:25] | – as friends. – Hear, hear. | 作为朋友 听 听 |
[1:16:34] | Mr. Thurston and Mr. Dole wanted a popular government. | 瑟斯顿先生和多乐先生想要一个受欢迎的政府 |
[1:16:39] | Well, it has arrived under the laws of the American . | 好 它将隶属于美国宪法 |
[1:16:45] | What does this mean? | 什么意思? |
[1:16:48] | Ask Mr. Thurston, | 问问瑟斯顿先生 |
[1:16:51] | and he will tell you that if you own land, you can vote. | 他将告诉你如果你有土地 你就能投票 |
[1:16:56] | Conveniently, the natives do not own land. | 方便的是土著人没有土地 |
[1:17:00] | If you ask one of the commissioners from Washington, | 如果你问任何一位从华盛顿来的官员 |
[1:17:04] | all present this evening, | 今晚在坐的各位 |
[1:17:05] | they will tell you with great pride | 他们会很骄傲的告诉你 |
[1:17:08] | that any American male who can read | 每个美国男性能识字 |
[1:17:11] | – or write can vote. – Any Anglo | 或能写字的都能投票 任何 |
[1:17:14] | American, of course. | 英系美国人 当然 |
[1:17:18] | As to the others, one day, | 对其他人 有一天 |
[1:17:20] | they too will be ready to govern. | 他们也同样准备好去统治 |
[1:17:22] | And I look forward to it. | 我期待这一天 |
[1:17:24] | But, regrettably, that is not today. | 但是 可惜的是 不是今天 |
[1:17:27] | On the contrary, you will find the kanaka are very eager | 相反的 你会发现肯纳卡人非常的期待 |
[1:17:32] | to have a hand in their own governance. | 也能参与统治 |
[1:17:36] | Miss Cleghorn, what are you saying exactly? | 克莱格霍恩小姐 你到底想说什么? |
[1:17:40] | I’m talking about the right to vote. | 我说的是投票的权利 |
[1:17:46] | I petition universal suffrage for all our people. | 我请求大家都享有投票的权利 |
[1:17:50] | I beg your pardon. | 能再说一遍吗 |
[1:17:52] | Senators, we simply cannot | 议员 我们不能 |
[1:17:55] | consider a petition from an abrogated heiress. | 考虑一个被废除的女继承人的请求 |
[1:18:00] | With all due respect, Miss Cleghorn, | 恕我直言 克莱格霍恩先生 |
[1:18:02] | our government doesn’t recognize you as a statesman. | 我们政府不认可你是一名政治家 |
[1:18:06] | Who will present your petition? | 谁会递交你的请愿? |
[1:18:11] | I will. | 我 |
[1:18:16] | Your Majesty. | 陛下 |
[1:18:19] | Your Highness. | 殿下 |
[1:18:22] | Ladies and gentlemen, I formally propose | 女士们先生们 我正式提议 |
[1:18:25] | a revision to the annexation document. | 修改吞并文件 |
[1:18:36] | Sanford, please. | 桑福德 请 |
[1:18:41] | The commissioners are all here. | 官员都在这 |
[1:18:44] | I can’t think of a better time. | 我找不到比这更好的时机了 |
[1:18:47] | Yes, she does. | 是的 |
[1:18:52] | Might l… | 也许 |
[1:18:56] | Might I remind you | 需要我提醒你 |
[1:18:58] | the young lady is no longer a princess. | 这位女士不再是公主了 |
[1:19:00] | With all due respect. | 恕我直言 |
[1:19:04] | This is absurd. | 这不合理 |
[1:19:07] | Honestly, Sanford. | 老实说 桑福德 |
[1:19:11] | Have you completely lost your senses? | 你完全失去理性了吗? |
[1:19:15] | Our families developed this land. | 我们的家族开发了这里 |
[1:19:19] | Our families. | 我们的家族 |
[1:19:21] | And now you alone are proposing to just throw it away. | 现在你提议舍弃它 |
[1:19:26] | The presence of the United States in these islands | 美国在这的统治 |
[1:19:30] | must be in the interest of all its people. | 必须代表全体人名的利益 |
[1:19:33] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[1:19:35] | Miss Cleghorn, how many natives are we talking about? | 克莱格霍恩小姐 你说的是多少人? |
[1:19:38] | 90% of all our people. | 人口的百分之九十 |
[1:19:46] | I believe we are compelled to present Miss Cleghorn’s petition to Congress. | 我们不得不把克莱格霍恩小姐的请求递给议会 |
[1:20:03] | Well, | 好 |
[1:20:06] | what began as a lovely evening | 到底是什么使得这美好的夜晚 |
[1:20:08] | has reduced itself to madness. | 变得一团糟 |
[1:20:16] | I for one trust that you’ll come to your senses. | 我想你终于恢复了理性 |
[1:20:21] | As for now, I bid you good evening. | 现在 祝你有美好的夜晚 |
[1:20:31] | Puiki, help me with your mother’s chair. | 普吉把你妈妈扶起来 |
[1:20:33] | – It’s time for us to leave. – Stay. | 我们该走了 留下来 |
[1:20:35] | Have a seat, Mr. Dole. | 请坐 多乐先生 |
[1:20:45] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[1:20:50] | Let him be gone. | 让他走吧 |
[1:21:30] | I think you’ll see what I mean. | 我想你会懂我的意思 |
[1:21:32] | Perfect conditions for these types of trees | 这些树长的很好 |
[1:21:35] | – and fauna. – How beautiful. | 还有动物 多美啊 |
[1:21:46] | Remember going over to that island when you were a wee girl? | 还记得你小的时候去过那个岛吗? |
[1:21:49] | The colors of the water, I think, are… | 水的颜色 我想 是 |
[1:23:15] | What just happened? | 怎么了? |
[1:23:16] | They just crowned her. | 他们刚刚给她加冕 |
[1:23:17] | Can they do that? | 他们能那么做吗? |
[1:23:19] | Yes. | 能 |
[1:23:31] | Well, shall we? Shall we? | 恩 走吧?走吧吗? |
[1:23:34] | This way, commissioner, ladies. | 这边 官员们 女士们 |
[1:23:39] | Ka’iulani… | 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[1:23:50] | “It is with great pleasure that I write to you this letter. | 很高兴给你写信 |
[1:23:55] | The quiet efforts of the princess to obliterate harsh feelings in Hawai’i | 公主为了夏威夷默默的努力 |
[1:24:00] | and her acceptance of the new order of things | 和她对新事物的接受 |
[1:24:03] | is appreciated by this community. | 被公众所接受 |
[1:24:06] | In recognition, the new territory of Hawai’i | 在认知上 夏威夷的新领土 |
[1:24:10] | expects to grant all Hawaiians full rights of citizenship.” | 缺的是赋予夏威夷人完整的居民权利 |
[1:24:19] | The kanaka can vote. | 肯纳卡人能投票 |
[1:24:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:24:26] | You did it, baby girl. | 你办到了 宝贝 |
[1:24:54] | Is that the pompous fellow I once drove into a ditch? | 那群傲慢的人是我曾经赶到沟里去的吗? |
[1:25:01] | I always said I’d follow you to Hawai’i. | 我说过我会跟你去夏威夷 |
[1:25:05] | You might have come a bit sooner. | 你最好快点来 |
[1:25:09] | Yes, well, I had some circumstances. | 好 但 我有些事 |
[1:25:12] | My father passed away. | 我的父亲去世了 |
[1:25:17] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:25:21] | He left his Hawaiian interests in my charge. | 在我的统治下他失去了对夏威夷的兴趣 |
[1:25:27] | – Is that why you’re here? – No. | 这是你在这里原因吗? 不是 |
[1:25:34] | You were magnificent back there. | 你回来真好 |
[1:25:44] | Did you ever read my letter? | 你读了我的信吗? |
[1:25:49] | L… I did. | 恩 我读了 |
[1:26:00] | I’ve never stopped thinking about you. | 我对你的想念从未停止 |
[1:26:02] | I was such a stupid boy, so selfish, l… | 我真蠢 自私 我 |
[1:26:25] | I love you, Ka’iulani. | 我爱你 卡拉伊乌妮 |
[1:26:31] | I love you too. | 我也爱你 |
[1:26:36] | You never left my heart. | 你从未从我心理消失 |
[1:26:43] | Come back to England. | 回英国吧 |
[1:26:45] | Marry me. | 嫁给我 |
[1:26:51] | Why would I go back to England? | 为什么我要回英国? |
[1:26:55] | Well, you can’t just expect me… | 恩 你不会希望我 |
[1:27:03] | Ka’iulani, I have obligations. | 卡拉伊乌妮 我有责任 |
[1:27:06] | And so do I. | 我也是 |
[1:27:09] | Here. | 这 |
[1:27:13] | Not anymore. | 不再有了 |
[1:27:16] | Well, the country’s crumbling. | 看 国家正在灭亡 |
[1:27:19] | Would you really want to stay here and watch it fade away? | 你真的想留在这看它消失? |
[1:27:27] | And what would it fade into without me? | 没有我它会变得怎么样? |
[1:27:36] | And what would I fade into without it? | 没有它我会变得怎么样? |
[1:28:04] | You are magnificent. | 你很棒 |
[1:28:27] | Goodbye, Clive. | 再见 克里夫 |
[1:29:11] | Thank God change was not so violent this time. | 感谢上帝 这次的改变不是那么大 |
[1:29:19] | I think an entire nation died this time, Mr. Dole. | 我认为整个国家要灭亡了 多乐先生 |
[1:29:27] | No, Your Highness, it lives. | 不 殿下 它还存在 |
[1:29:32] | It lives in you. | 它活在你心里 |
[1:30:06] | Hawaiians remember Princess Ka’iulani | 夏威夷人会记住卡拉伊乌妮公主 |
[1:30:09] | as the hope she brought to her people. | 还有她带来的希望 |
[1:30:18] | The flame of our great chiefess burns brightly | 伟大女首领的光辉闪耀而炙热 |
[1:30:23] | in the soul of our nation. | 变成国家的灵魂 |