时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | I brought you onto the team | 我让你加入 |
[00:08] | because you’re the best at what you do, Bright, | 是因为你的专长无人能及 布莱特 |
[00:10] | but not when you get like this. | 但你这样时就不是了 |
[00:12] | I’m like this because of you! | 我这样还不是因为你 |
[00:15] | Get the hell out of my precinct. | 滚出我的分局 |
[00:18] | Gil, no… | 吉尔 别 |
[00:36] | Bright? | 布莱特 |
[00:43] | Bright, open, open this door. | 布莱特 开门 |
[00:48] | Open this door. | 开门 |
[00:50] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[00:51] | Open this door. | 开门 |
[00:53] | Bright! | 布莱特 |
[01:05] | Authorities continue to investigate the blackout | 当局还在调查昨晚中城区的 |
[01:08] | that affected Midtown last night. | 断电事故 |
[01:10] | But as of this morning, we have no official word | 但截至今早 官方尚未公布 |
[01:12] | on the cause of the incident. | 断电原因 |
[01:30] | Can you help me with this? | 你能帮帮我吗 |
[01:36] | Are you ready? | 你准备好了吗 |
[01:37] | Am I ready? | 我准备好了吗 |
[01:38] | I slept a full three and a half hours. | 我睡了整整三个半小时呢 |
[01:41] | Okay, three, but it was quality. | 好吧 是三个小时 但质量很高 |
[01:43] | There was definitely some REM mixed in there. | 绝对有快速眼动期 |
[01:45] | You’re used to being the smartest person in the room. | 你习惯于自己是房间里最聪明的人 |
[01:48] | Not today. | 今天不是了 |
[01:50] | Dr. Coppenrath is a police psychiatrist. | 柯本莱斯医生是警方精神病医生 |
[01:54] | Internal Affairs trusts him | 内务处把你这样的人 |
[01:55] | to make sense of minds like yours. | 都交给他来解读 |
[01:57] | Don’t worry, I got this. | 别担心 我行的 |
[02:00] | All I’m saying is, don’t underestimate him. | 我只是说 别小看了他 |
[02:04] | We’ve given our statements on the incident. | 我们已就事故给出了我们的供述 |
[02:06] | Now it’s up to you. | 现在看你了 |
[02:09] | Come in. | 请进 |
[02:13] | Malcolm. | 马科姆 |
[02:15] | I’m Dr. Coppenrath. | 我是柯本莱斯医生 |
[02:17] | Good morning, Doctor. | 早上好 医生 |
[02:18] | Please, call me Simon. | 喊我西蒙吧 |
[02:20] | Have a seat. | 请坐 |
[02:24] | So, this is a psychiatric evaluation. | 这是一次精神鉴定 |
[02:28] | My recommendation to Internal Affairs will determine | 我对内务处的建议将决定 |
[02:30] | if you are mentally competent | 你的心智是否足够健全 |
[02:32] | to continue consulting with the NYPD. | 能继续留在纽约警局做顾问 |
[02:35] | No problem. | 没问题 |
[02:36] | Simon says. | 西蒙说了算 |
[02:38] | More or less. | 差不多吧 |
[02:40] | It looks different in here. | 这里看上去不一样了 |
[02:43] | The case board. | 案件板 |
[02:44] | I removed the crime scene photos. | 我拿走了犯罪现场照片 |
[02:46] | I find it difficult, in these police settings, | 在这种警方环境里 我发现很难 |
[02:48] | to keep the focus on you. | 把注意力集中在你身上 |
[02:51] | So, I try to create a safe space. | 所以我努力制造一个安全环境 |
[02:53] | Not sure I have a safe space. | 我恐怕没有安全环境 |
[02:56] | You can have one. | 你可以有的 |
[02:57] | But it takes work. | 但会需要努力 |
[02:59] | I specialize in the treatment | 我专门治疗 |
[03:01] | of inadequately processed trauma. | 未能好好应对的创伤 |
[03:04] | Gotcha. | 知道了 |
[03:05] | And, got that. | 那个也懂了 |
[03:09] | They warned me about this. | 他们提醒过我 |
[03:10] | The humor. | 你的幽默 |
[03:12] | But I have to say, I… I enjoy it. | 但我得说 我挺喜欢的 |
[03:15] | What else did they warn you about? | 他们还提醒你什么了 |
[03:19] | Well, we’re trying to understand what happened | 我们想努力了解昨晚在分局 |
[03:22] | last night, here at the precinct. | 到底发生了什么 |
[03:24] | The incident. | 那起事故 |
[03:26] | The incident? Yeah, that was… | 那起事故 是啊 那事… |
[03:29] | Actually, I have no idea what that was. | 其实 我也不清楚是怎么回事 |
[03:31] | Insane– Dude lost it. | 疯了 那家伙疯了 |
[03:34] | And… | 而且 |
[03:36] | I say that as a friend. | 我是作为朋友说这话的 |
[03:37] | Why were you assigned a case so soon | 被沃特金斯绑架后 你怎么这么快 |
[03:39] | after Watkins kidnapped you? | 就又被分配了案子 |
[03:41] | I was ready. | 我准备好了 |
[03:42] | I’d been in the hospital for weeks. | 我已经在医院待了几周 |
[03:45] | The stab wound | 刺伤 |
[03:46] | missed all my vital organs. | 没有刺中任何重要脏器 |
[03:49] | Surprisingly more unpleasant | 意外的是 更难受的是 |
[03:51] | was the metacarpal fracture. | 掌骨的骨折 |
[03:52] | How did Lieutenant Arroyo feel | 埃偌佑副队对你 |
[03:54] | when you reported for duty? | 回岗是什么看法 |
[03:57] | He was thrilled. | 他很激动 |
[03:58] | Absolutely not. | 绝对不行 |
[03:59] | Gil, please, I need a case. | 吉尔 求你 我需要个案子 |
[04:01] | What you need is a leave of absence. | 你需要休假 |
[04:03] | – I told you, I’m fine– – Fine? | -我说了 我没… -没事吗 |
[04:05] | Watkins tortured you. | 沃特金斯折磨了你 |
[04:07] | And I emerged unscathed! | 而我毫发无伤地撑过来了 |
[04:10] | Well, scathed. | 好吧 有点伤 |
[04:12] | Moderately scathed. | 没太伤 |
[04:14] | You’re going home, Malcolm. | 你得回家 马科姆 |
[04:16] | Rest, recuperate. | 休息 复原 |
[04:17] | That’s an order. | 这是命令 |
[04:19] | Were you concerned about Bright’s mental state? | 你对布莱特的精神状态感到担忧吗 |
[04:22] | Of course I was. | 当然了 |
[04:24] | If Bright was an actual state, he’d be Florida. | 如果布莱特是个州 他就是佛罗里达 |
[04:26] | Gil had me drive him home. | 吉尔让我开车送他回家 |
[04:28] | And all he did was rant about how the hospital | 而他一路上都在念叨医院里 |
[04:30] | only served red or green Jell-O. | 只有红或绿的果冻 |
[04:32] | Apparently, lemon is where it’s at. | 据说 柠檬才是王道 |
[04:35] | Now, orange, orange can be either, | 橘色的 不好说 |
[04:38] | you know, orange or peach-flavored. | 可能是橘子或桃子味儿的 |
[04:42] | But the difference in hue is barely discernible. | 但色泽的区别几乎无法分辨 |
[04:45] | Mr. Bright, to bed. Now. | 布莱特先生 马上上床 |
[04:48] | Thank you, Ilsa, though I should warn you. | 谢谢 伊尔莎 但我得提醒你 |
[04:50] | My son does not respond particularly well to direction. | 我儿子不是特别会听从指令 |
[04:54] | Detective Powell. | 鲍威尔警探 |
[04:56] | How lucky Malcolm is to be surrounded | 马科姆真是有幸 身边都是 |
[04:58] | by this army of nurturing women. | 一群会照顾人的女性 |
[05:01] | I’m just following orders. | 我只是遵守命令 |
[05:03] | Mom, did you… | 妈妈 你… |
[05:06] | make a new friend? | 交了新朋友吗 |
[05:07] | Ilsa is my little homecoming gift. | 伊尔莎是我给你的回家礼物 |
[05:10] | She can run your baths, | 她可以帮你放洗澡水 |
[05:11] | administer your meds and prepare your meals | 监督你服药 为你准备三餐 |
[05:14] | until you have sufficiently recovered. | 直到你完全康复 |
[05:16] | Mom, I don’t need anyone– | 妈妈 我不需要别人… |
[05:17] | She also competed in the German judo team in the ’92 Olympics. | 她还在1992年代表过德国柔道队参加奥运会呢 |
[05:23] | Should you have one of your more unruly nightmares. | 以免你又做可怕的噩梦 |
[05:26] | I have placed fresh sheets on your bed | 我已经给你的床换了新床单 |
[05:28] | and warmed them with a hot water bottle. | 用暖水壶全部暖过了 |
[05:31] | Would you prefer whiskey or bourbon in your hot toddy? | 你的热棕榈酒中想加威士忌还是波旁酒 |
[05:36] | Uh, whiskey. | 威士忌 |
[05:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:46] | So, how is he, really? | 他到底怎么样了 |
[05:47] | I, I don’t think it’s my place to… | 我觉得不应该由我来… |
[05:49] | Oh, if I don’t hear it from you, | 要是你不告诉我 |
[05:50] | I certainly will not hear it from anyone else. | 那肯定没人能告诉我了 |
[05:53] | He wants to come back to work. | 他想继续工作 |
[05:56] | Something happened between Malcolm and Watkins underground. | 马科姆和沃特金斯之间发生了一些事 |
[05:58] | Something… | 一些… |
[06:00] | more than he will admit. | 他不愿意透露的事 |
[06:02] | He didn’t mention anything, | 他什么都没提 |
[06:03] | but Bright has been through a lot. | 但是布莱特遭遇了很多事 |
[06:04] | My son sleeps in chains, subsists on sparkling water | 我儿子睡觉用铁链锁着自己 只喝气泡水 |
[06:07] | and licorice, and can barely take care of a parakeet. | 嚼甘草糖为生 连一只长尾鹦鹉都照顾不好 |
[06:10] | But… he is still here. | 但是…他依然坚持着 |
[06:14] | Please, you might be his closest friend. | 求你了 你可能是和他最亲近的朋友了 |
[06:18] | I want to help him, Mrs. Whitly. | 我也想帮他 惠特利夫人 |
[06:20] | I just… | 我只是… |
[06:22] | I’m sorry, one second. | 很抱歉 稍等一下 |
[06:24] | I need to take this. | 我得接这个电话 |
[06:26] | Powell. | 鲍威尔 |
[06:28] | Homicide, where? | 凶杀案 在哪里 |
[06:31] | Potter’s field, Bay Terrace– got it. | 浪琴湾 波特庄园 明白了 |
[06:32] | You know, I thought Bright’s mom | 我以为布莱特的妈妈 |
[06:33] | and that weird German lady had him on lockdown, but… | 还有那个奇怪的德国女人能关住他 但是 |
[06:37] | I should have known. | 我早该想到的 |
[06:38] | It takes more than a hot toddy to put him to sleep. | 一杯热棕榈酒怎么可能就让他睡下 |
[06:43] | The gang’s all back together. | 老伙计又团聚了 |
[06:46] | What the hell are you doing here? | 你来这里干什么 |
[06:48] | You just can’t find good help, can you? | 你就是没法乖乖待着 对吧 |
[06:50] | Should you be back at work? | 你可以回来工作了吗 |
[06:52] | Right, you invited yourself. | 你是自己主动去的 |
[06:55] | Is that something you do often? | 你经常这么做吗 |
[06:56] | Insert yourself where you’re not needed? | 钻到不需要你的地方 |
[06:58] | Yep. | 是的 |
[06:59] | Oh, yeah. | 没错 |
[07:00] | One hundred percent. | 百分百的 |
[07:02] | I’m always needed. | 他们永远需要我 |
[07:04] | Not always wanted. | 不过不一定想要我 |
[07:06] | Bright! You’re back! | 布莱特 你回来了 |
[07:08] | Seven abdominal stitches and a fracture to your first metacarpal, | 腹部缝了七针 第一掌骨骨折 |
[07:11] | and you still look great. | 你看上去还是很精神 |
[07:16] | I might have pulled his medical records. | 我也许是调出了他的医疗记录 |
[07:20] | I was worried. | 我很担心 |
[07:23] | But you’re here now. | 但你来了 |
[07:25] | I am… here. | 是的 我来了 |
[07:27] | So… | 那么… |
[07:29] | let’s go take a peek at this body? | 我们去看看这具尸体吗 |
[07:32] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[07:33] | You need to work. | 你需要工作 |
[07:35] | Perhaps it’s a coping mechanism, the job. | 也许这是一种应对机制 这份工作 |
[07:38] | Do you enjoy your job? | 你喜欢你的工作吗 |
[07:40] | I do. | 喜欢 |
[07:41] | Because you’re good at it. | 因为你很擅长 |
[07:42] | You feel fulfilled when you start to unlock a patient’s mind. | 你打开病人的心扉后就会有满足感 |
[07:46] | And… it probably helps you understand yourself. | 而且 这也许还能帮你了解你自己 |
[07:49] | Well said, but your patients | 说得好 但是你面对的病人 |
[07:53] | are killers. | 是杀人犯 |
[07:55] | How do they… | 他们怎么… |
[07:56] | help you understand yourself? | 帮你了解自己呢 |
[08:00] | This graveyard is under control | 这块墓地归 |
[08:01] | of the Department of Corrections. | 惩教署管辖 |
[08:03] | Inmates dig the trenches. | 坟墓都是犯人挖出来的 |
[08:05] | For whom? | 给谁的 |
[08:06] | Homeless, the indigent. | 流浪汉和穷人 |
[08:08] | Anyone without families to claim the remains. | 没有家人来认领的尸体 |
[08:10] | Watch the dirt. | 小心泥土 |
[08:12] | They developed this land for agricultural use. | 这块地本来是用来种地的 |
[08:14] | The lime will do a number on your Gucci loafers. | 石灰对你的古驰便鞋可不好 |
[08:16] | Inmate was filling in the grave this morning, | 今天早上 犯人来填墓地 |
[08:18] | found a body that didn’t belong here. | 发现一具不知道哪里来的尸体 |
[08:20] | Unidentified male, early 20s. | 无名男性 20岁出头 |
[08:23] | Cause of death? | 死因呢 |
[08:25] | Ah, bruises around the neck | 脖子上的瘀伤 |
[08:27] | are consistent with strangulation. | 表明应该是扼杀 |
[08:28] | Lividity in the extremities | 四肢发青 |
[08:29] | suggests that he’s been dead for at least 48 hours. | 说明他已经死了超过48小时 |
[08:31] | And… second-degree burn marks. | 还有 二级烧伤的疤痕 |
[08:34] | One on each temple. | 太阳穴两边各一处 |
[08:35] | The techs did an analysis | 技术部的人分析了 |
[08:36] | of the footprints around the grave. | 坟墓附近的脚印 |
[08:38] | Eliminated the gravediggers, but were able to isolate one. | 排除了挖墓人的脚印 但分离出一只 |
[08:41] | A size-14 boot. | 14码的靴印 |
[08:44] | Well… this is a professional disposal job. | 抛尸的手法很专业 |
[08:49] | But the M.O. doesn’t speak to a professional kill. | 但是杀人手法却似乎很业余 |
[08:52] | Hit men employ a more efficient, perfunctory method. | 职业杀手一般会用更加直接有效的办法 |
[08:57] | But not our size 14. | 但这位14码杀手不是 |
[09:00] | This strangulation implies | 掐痕表明这起凶案 |
[09:01] | an unskilled, desperate murder. | 很业余 是绝望之举 |
[09:04] | Unlike the burn marks, | 但是这些烧痕 |
[09:06] | which suggest torture or intimidation. | 却说明犯人遭到了折磨或恐吓 |
[09:10] | This profile is a contradiction. | 侧写自相矛盾 |
[09:12] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:14] | Let’s double back to the prisoners and try to I.D. our vic. | 我们回惩教署去 看看能否查明死者身份 |
[09:17] | I’ll run John Doe’s fingerprints, | 我去查这位无名氏的指纹 |
[09:18] | see if he’s in the system. | 看看他在不在系统里 |
[09:20] | Corrections officers claim they didn’t hear anything, but… | 惩教署的人声称没听见任何响动 但… |
[09:31] | Did something else happen at the crime scene, Mr. Bright? | 犯罪现场还发生了别的什么事情吗 布莱特先生 |
[09:35] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[09:37] | That’s not what I asked. | 我没问这个 |
[09:39] | You were looking off, | 你刚刚目光游离 |
[09:41] | like you saw something. | 像是看到了什么 |
[09:43] | What was it? | 你看到了什么 |
[09:49] | He tried to kill us. | 他想杀死我们 |
[09:54] | Too soon for a pee break? | 现在要求去尿尿是不是太早了点 |
[10:00] | You’re an expert in psychology, Malcolm. | 你是心理学专家 马科姆 |
[10:03] | You understand what I’m looking for. | 你明白我在找什么 |
[10:05] | Intractable symptoms of PTSD. | 创伤后应激障碍的棘手症状 |
[10:07] | Flashbacks… | 场景闪回… |
[10:08] | panic attacks… | 陷入恐慌… |
[10:10] | recurrent hallucinations. | 间歇发作的幻觉 |
[10:13] | Were you experiencing any of these symptoms? | 你有经历其中任何一种症状吗 |
[10:15] | Absolutely not. | 绝对没有 |
[10:17] | And I’m not just saying that | 而且我之所以否认 |
[10:18] | because otherwise you would declare me deranged | 并不是因为怕你说我疯了 |
[10:20] | and I would lose my job… slash-coping mechanism. | 让我丢掉工作…也就是我的应对机制 |
[10:26] | See, now, this is stimulating. | 你瞧 这真是太有趣了 |
[10:28] | Two overeducated adult men | 两个受教育过度的成年男子 |
[10:30] | sparring over psychology. | 争论心理学 |
[10:34] | So, what happened at the crime scene? | 所以说 在犯罪现场到底发生了什么 |
[10:37] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[10:38] | I told you I was fine. | 我说过我没事 |
[10:40] | Something happened out there. | 那里发生了点什么 |
[10:42] | Bright looked spooked. | 布莱特看上去被吓到了 |
[10:43] | Or even paler than usual. | 或者说他甚至比平时更苍白 |
[10:45] | Which is saying something. | 这很能说明问题了 |
[10:46] | Did Lieutenant Arroyo agree? | 埃偌佑副队同意了吗 |
[10:48] | Did he bring you back on? | 是他把你召回的吗 |
[10:50] | No. | 不是 |
[10:51] | Bright is one of my team’s best assets, | 布莱特是我团队里最优秀人员之一 |
[10:53] | but administrative leave is always recommended | 但在执勤过程中出意外之后 |
[10:55] | following an incident in the field. | 向来是建议停职休假的 |
[10:59] | Then how did Bright know to show up for the autopsy report? | 那布莱特怎么知道什么时候要来看尸检报告 |
[11:02] | I told him! | 我告诉他的 |
[11:04] | Malcolm Bright composed a 100% accurate profile | 马科姆·布莱特出具了一份100%准确的 |
[11:07] | of the Kingdom Lake Killer that is the stuff of legends. | 王国湖杀手的侧写 他真是个传奇 |
[11:09] | Are you into any of the true crime boards? | 你有上过任何真正的探案网站吗 |
[11:11] | Websleuths, Justice Quest? | “在线侦探” “探求正义”之类的 |
[11:13] | He has quite… quite a following. | 他有不少粉丝 |
[11:16] | Also, I just missed him. | 而且 我想他了 |
[11:19] | Oh, don’t write that. | 这句别写下来 |
[11:22] | Tristan Johnston, 21. | 特里斯坦·约翰斯顿 21岁 |
[11:24] | His prints were in the system. | 系统里有他的指纹 |
[11:25] | Couple misdemeanors for shoplifting. | 有几个商店行窃的轻罪 |
[11:27] | He was strangled, and the other injuries indicate | 他是被扼死的 而其它的伤痕则显示 |
[11:29] | that he was beaten severely prior. | 他在死前被狠狠地打过 |
[11:31] | The burns remain a puzzler– | 烧伤依旧令人费解 |
[11:33] | they predate Tristan’s death by at least a week. | 它们是特里斯坦死前至少一周留下的 |
[11:36] | What do we know about the guy? | 关于这人我们掌握了哪些情况 |
[11:37] | He was a runaway. | 他是离家出走的 |
[11:38] | Talked to the dad. | 和他爸爸谈过了 |
[11:39] | Said Tristan lived at home outside of Atlanta, | 他说特里斯坦住在亚特兰大市郊的家中 |
[11:42] | up until he went missing about a year ago. | 然后大约一年前失踪了 |
[11:44] | He had a, uh, credit card in his dad’s name when he took off. | 他出走时带了一张他爸爸的信用卡 |
[11:47] | The last charge that Tristan made | 在特里斯坦销户之前 |
[11:48] | before he turned off the account | 他的最后一笔交易 |
[11:49] | was $5,000 at the Vosler Institute. | 是在沃斯勒机构支付了五千美元 |
[11:51] | The Vosler Institute? | 沃斯勒机构 |
[11:53] | Some kind of self-help organization, right? | 某种自助机构是吧 |
[11:55] | Books, lectures. They got a spot in Midtown? | 出书 开讲座 他们在市中心有设点吗 |
[11:59] | They also have many attributes of a cult. | 这机构还有很多邪教的特征 |
[12:01] | In fact, it’s on the FBI’s cult index. | 实际上 它确实在联调局的邪教名单上 |
[12:05] | Was there a traumatic event in Tristan’s family | 特里斯坦离家出走时 |
[12:08] | around the time he ran away? | 家中发生了什么不愉快的事吗 |
[12:09] | Yeah. His mother died. Lung cancer. | 嗯 他母亲去世了 肺癌 |
[12:13] | Cults prey on those with low self-worth. | 邪教专对那些自我评价低的人下手 |
[12:16] | Schizotypal thinkers. | 患有人格障碍的人 |
[12:18] | Tristan was a loner and a perceived failure | 特里斯坦独来独往 在一个不幸的家庭中 |
[12:20] | in an unhappy family life. | 被看作是个失败者 |
[12:22] | A cult offered him a sense of belonging, | 邪教给他提供了一种归属感 |
[12:25] | a place where he could feel welcomed and validated. | 在那里他会觉得自己是受欢迎的 有价值的 |
[12:29] | Have you heard of them? The Vosler Institute? | 你听说过他们吗 沃斯勒机构 |
[12:33] | Uh, cult psychology’s not really my area of expertise. | 邪教心理学不算是我擅长的领域 |
[12:38] | Based on Tristan’s bank records, | 基于特里斯坦的银行记录 |
[12:39] | we went to visit Vosler. | 我们到访了沃斯勒 |
[12:41] | And Bright went to bed. | 而布莱特回去睡觉去了 |
[12:44] | Or so we thought. | 或者说我们是这么认为的 |
[12:46] | I have developed a treatment program. | 我发明了一种治疗项目 |
[12:50] | A treatment program that removes those traumas. | 这个项目可以消除那些创伤 |
[12:53] | Here at the Vosler Institute… | 在沃斯勒机构… |
[12:55] | Doesn’t look like a cult. | 看着不像是邪教啊 |
[12:56] | …we can help you ascend | 我们可以帮你获得 |
[12:58] | to a better life… that’s just waiting for you. | 更好的生活 这种生活就在眼前等着你们 |
[13:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:06] | Oh, there are, uh, books available for purchase. | 这边有书籍可供购买 |
[13:09] | Just say hello to one of my ambassadors. | 和我的代表们打声招呼就行 |
[13:13] | – Quentin Vosler? – Yes? | -昆汀·沃斯勒吗 -有什么事吗 |
[13:14] | NYPD. We need to ask you a few questions. | 纽约警局 我们有几个问题想问你 |
[13:17] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[13:18] | We’re investigating a homicide. | 我们在调查一起凶杀案 |
[13:20] | Victim might have been involved in one of your programs. | 死者可能参与过你的某个项目 |
[13:23] | Tristan Johnston? | 特里斯坦·约翰斯顿 |
[13:24] | Tristan? | 特里斯坦吗 |
[13:25] | Yes, he, uh, was one of us, | 没错 他曾经是我们中的一员 |
[13:27] | but he rejected my program. | 但他拒绝了我的项目 |
[13:29] | Left the Institute. | 离开了这个机构 |
[13:30] | I can’t speak to what happened to him after that. | 在那之后我就不知道他怎么了 |
[13:32] | Do you have any records that could tell us | 你有任何记录能告诉我们 |
[13:34] | what types of treatments he received here? | 他在这里接受了哪种治疗吗 |
[13:36] | Who he worked with? | 以及和他一起的有谁 |
[13:39] | Uh, the inner workings of my organization | 我公司的治疗方式 |
[13:41] | are proprietary, Detective, | 是拥有专利的 警探 |
[13:43] | involving multiple trade secrets, | 涉及多项交易机密 |
[13:44] | so unless you have multiple warrants… | 所以除非你有多个搜查令 |
[13:49] | Excuse me. | 不好意思失陪 |
[13:53] | Okay, maybe it is a cult. | 好吧 也许确实是邪教 |
[13:55] | He’s hiding something. | 他有所隐瞒 |
[13:56] | Check into his business practices, | 调查他的商业行为 |
[13:58] | see if we can start pulling those warrants. | 看看能不能申请到搜查令 |
[13:59] | We hit a dead end with Vosler. | 我们在沃斯勒那里碰壁了 |
[14:02] | But Bright had plans of his own. | 但是布莱特有自己的计划 |
[14:05] | All classes are open to the public, | 所有课程都是对公众开放的 |
[14:08] | but Quentin’s very selective as to who he’ll accept | 但是昆汀在遴选人员进入我们的私人治疗方案上 |
[14:10] | in our private therapeutic regimen. | 特别挑剔 |
[14:12] | I really want to work with Quentin himself. | 我非常希望和昆汀本人合作 |
[14:16] | He enrolled himself? | 他自己报名了 |
[14:18] | What a knucklehead. | 真是个愣子 |
[14:21] | You got to love the guy. | 这人真是讨人喜欢 |
[14:22] | So, I’ll just go ahead and process your responses. | 那我现在就查看你的问卷结果 |
[14:32] | I’ve never seen a score this high. | 我还没见过这么高的分数 |
[14:34] | Is that a good thing or a bad thing? | 这是好事还是坏事 |
[14:36] | Bad… I guess. | 应该是坏事吧 |
[14:38] | But it’s great for your future here. | 但对你在这儿的治疗前景很好 |
[14:41] | Your experience with trauma is… | 你的创伤经历非常… |
[14:44] | compelling. | 引人注目 |
[14:46] | It was a minimally altered Myers-Briggs. | 这就是个有轻微改动的迈尔斯-布里格斯人格类型量表 |
[14:48] | Hardly difficult to crack for us overeducated adults. | 对我们这种受教育过度的成年人不难破解 |
[14:51] | I think we could really help you. | 我觉得我们真的可以帮到你 |
[14:53] | My God, I hope so. | 天呐 我希望如此了 |
[14:56] | What led you to the Institute? | 你是怎么知道我们机构的 |
[14:58] | My friend, um, Tristan Johnston. | 我朋友 特里斯坦·约翰斯顿 |
[15:01] | Does he still take courses here? | 他还在这上课吗 |
[15:04] | Uh, I’m-I’m not sure. | 我不太清楚 |
[15:06] | We, we have so many members. | 我们有很多会员 |
[15:09] | When would you like to start? | 你想什么时候开始 |
[15:12] | Right now. | 现在 |
[15:14] | Wonderful. Cash or check? | 很好 现金还是支票 |
[15:17] | You were conducting your own investigation. | 你自己进行调查 |
[15:18] | Did you worry about Lieutenant Arroyo finding out? | 你不担心被埃偌佑副队发现吗 |
[15:21] | – Losing your job? – A little. | -不担心丢掉工作 -有点吧 |
[15:23] | But going home scared you more. Why is that? | 但回家反而更让你害怕 为什么 |
[15:26] | He can’t go home, he can’t follow orders, | 他不能回家 他不能遵守命令 |
[15:28] | and he can’t sleep. | 他睡不着觉 |
[15:30] | That’s why he works these cases so hard. | 所以他才这么卖力地查案 |
[15:32] | Well, I was afraid my comically Germanic nurse | 我担心我那个滑稽的德国护士 |
[15:34] | would try to Judo me to death. | 会用柔道把我摔到死 |
[15:39] | Tell me about Vosler. | 跟我讲讲沃斯勒吧 |
[15:43] | Mr. Bright. I’m Quentin Vosler. | 布莱特先生 我是昆汀·沃斯勒 |
[15:46] | Thank you for revealing your pain. | 感谢你透露自己的痛苦 |
[15:49] | Is this really gonna work? | 这个真的管用吗 |
[15:50] | The ideal candidate for my therapy | 我的疗法的理想候选人 |
[15:52] | is someone with resistant trauma. | 是有严重创伤的人 |
[15:55] | That’s you. | 也就是你 |
[15:57] | Yeah, I just, uh… | 嗯 我就是… |
[16:00] | He tried to kill us. | 他想杀死我们 |
[16:02] | I want it to go away. | 我想让痛苦消失 |
[16:04] | Well, this treatment is just the first step on our journey together. | 这项治疗只是我们接下来疗程的开始 |
[16:12] | Is that…? | 那是… |
[16:13] | Electroconvulsive therapy. Yes. | 电休克疗法 没错 |
[16:17] | You’re scared. | 你害怕了 |
[16:19] | Electroshock? | 电休克 |
[16:20] | – You’re kidding. – Tristan’s burns | -你开玩笑吧 -特里斯坦的烧伤 |
[16:22] | indicated he went through the same treatment. | 证明他也经历了同样的治疗 |
[16:24] | That procedure is only administered | 那种疗法只有在精神检查之后 |
[16:26] | after psychiatric review | 由执证技师 |
[16:28] | with certified technicians and anesthesia. | 在麻醉后才能进行 |
[16:31] | Vosler’s out of his mind. | 沃斯勒简直是疯了 |
[16:32] | Today, anyone can improve their body using plastic surgery. | 今天 任何人都可以通过整形手术改进自己的身体 |
[16:35] | I believe people should be able | 我相信人类也应该可以 |
[16:37] | to electively improve their minds as well. | 选择性地改善自己的思想 |
[16:41] | With this, we can purge your memories | 有了这个 我们就能清除你的记忆 |
[16:44] | and ease your pain. | 缓解你的痛苦 |
[16:46] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[16:48] | So, what did you do? | 那你怎么做的 |
[16:50] | Oh, I let him shock me. | 我让他电我了 |
[17:23] | You let him shock you? | 你居然让他电了你 |
[17:25] | You’re angry. | 你很生气 |
[17:26] | Yeah. People like Vosler make me angry. | 当然 沃斯勒这种人让我气愤 |
[17:30] | The false promises he makes. | 他做出的虚假承诺 |
[17:33] | The way he appeals to the vulnerable. | 他吸引弱势群体的方式 |
[17:35] | I wasn’t vulnerable. | 我不是弱势群体 |
[17:37] | I was trying to solve a case. | 我是想破案 |
[17:39] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:41] | When Vosler promised to erase your pain, | 沃斯勒保证能缓解你的痛苦时 |
[17:44] | some part of you wanted to believe that he could. | 你心里有一部分肯定想相信他做得到 |
[17:47] | Wasn’t that more important than the case? | 那一点是不是比案子更重要 |
[17:52] | Nothing’s more important than the case. | 没什么比案子更重要 |
[17:54] | Oh, explain that to me. | 那你给我解释一下 |
[17:58] | I grew up inside a case. | 我就是在案子里长大的 |
[18:01] | Living with a killer. | 和杀人犯住在一起 |
[18:03] | If I’d have solved that one faster, | 如果我能早点破了那个案子 |
[18:06] | more people would have been saved. | 就会有更多人得救 |
[18:09] | When I put myself in danger to find a killer, | 当我将自己置身于险境寻找凶手时 |
[18:12] | I’m not thinking about me. | 我不是在考虑我自己 |
[18:14] | I’m thinking about them. | 我是在考虑他们 |
[18:17] | The victims. | 那些受害者 |
[18:20] | People like Andi. | 像安迪那些人 |
[18:27] | Thirsty? | 渴吗 |
[18:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:40] | How many times have you been through it? | 你经历过多少次了 |
[18:43] | The treatment. | 这个治疗 |
[18:45] | Eighteen. | 18次 |
[18:46] | Why? | 为什么 |
[18:49] | It’s… | 说来… |
[18:50] | Such a cliché. | 我的故事很老套 |
[18:54] | Crap parents. | 糟糕的父母 |
[18:55] | But Quentin already purged your mind. | 但昆汀已经净化了你的思想 |
[18:59] | Why do you stay? | 你为什么还要留下 |
[19:01] | Don’t you have other family, friends? | 你没有其他的家人和朋友吗 |
[19:03] | Our friends’ and family’s negativity | 朋友和家人的负面情绪 |
[19:05] | can hinder our progress. | 会阻碍我们的进展 |
[19:07] | Those don’t sound like your words. | 这不像是你自己说出来的话 |
[19:09] | More like Quentin’s rules. | 更像是昆汀的规定 |
[19:15] | Is that why Tristan left? | 特里斯坦就是因此离开的吗 |
[19:17] | You knew him, didn’t you? | 你认识他 不是吗 |
[19:30] | Tristan recruited me to the Institute. | 是特里斯坦介绍我进机构的 |
[19:33] | He tried to reconnect with his father. | 他想和他父亲重建关系 |
[19:36] | Quentin forbid it. | 被昆汀禁止了 |
[19:39] | Andi. | 安迪 |
[19:44] | Tristan’s dead. | 特里斯坦死了 |
[19:45] | I work with the police. | 我是为警方工作的 |
[19:47] | I’m here investigating his murder. | 我是来调查他的死因的 |
[19:50] | I think Quentin was responsible. | 我觉得是昆汀做的 |
[19:53] | He wouldn’t. | 他不会的 |
[19:57] | When I get out of here, | 我离开这里之后 |
[19:59] | I can make sure he never hurts anybody else. | 我能保证他再也不伤害任何人 |
[20:02] | Can you help me? | 你能帮助我吗 |
[20:05] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[20:08] | I’m scared of him. | 我害怕他 |
[20:10] | Then you should come with me. | 那你就应该跟我走 |
[20:12] | You said you had crap parents. | 你说你的父母很糟糕 |
[20:14] | When you lived with them, how did you feel? | 你和他们住在一起的时候 是什么感觉 |
[20:17] | Vulnerable? | 脆弱 |
[20:19] | Trapped? | 受困 |
[20:20] | How do you feel here? | 你在这里是什么感觉 |
[20:23] | I have nowhere else to go. | 我无处可去了 |
[20:26] | You’ve thought about leaving before. | 说明你曾经想过离开 |
[20:28] | I can tell you how many times. | 我能告诉你想过多少次 |
[20:31] | Eighteen. | 18次 |
[20:38] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[20:39] | This ECT machine is evidence. | 这台电休克治疗仪是证据 |
[20:41] | It ties Vosler to Tristan. | 能把沃斯勒和特里斯坦联系起来 |
[20:43] | Come on. | 来 |
[20:45] | Let’s get out of here. | 我们离开这里 |
[20:55] | I can’t believe I’m doing this. | 我不敢相信我在做些什么 |
[20:56] | Don’t worry. I’ll take care of you. | 别担心 我会照顾好你的 |
[20:58] | I have to call my team. | 我打电话通知我的团队 |
[21:03] | I need Lieutenant Arroyo in the 16th Precinct. | 请接16分局的埃偌佑副队 |
[21:07] | Gil. I have a witness from inside the Vosler Institute. | 吉尔 我这有位证人是沃斯勒机构内部成员 |
[21:15] | Andi! | 安迪 |
[21:23] | How did Bright react to Andi’s kidnapping? | 布莱特对安迪被绑架一事如何反应 |
[21:27] | He was losing it. | 他濒临失控了 |
[21:29] | I mean, I could see that. | 我看得出来 |
[21:33] | But I didn’t want to lose him. | 但我不想失去他 |
[21:38] | You could’ve gotten yourself killed. | 你差点害死你自己 |
[21:39] | I didn’t, but I can’t say the same for Andi. | 我没有 但安迪就不好说了 |
[21:42] | We need to arrest Quentin Vosler | 我们需要尽快逮捕昆汀·沃斯勒 |
[21:44] | before she ends up like Tristan. | 防止她落得特里斯坦的下场 |
[21:46] | How am I supposed to get a warrant? | 我要怎么申请逮捕令 |
[21:47] | All we’ve got is your eyewitness account and-and… | 我们手上只有你的目击证词和… |
[21:52] | whatever this is. | 这个破玩意 |
[21:54] | The brass knows what went down with Watkins, Bright. | 上头知道你和沃特金斯的事 布莱特 |
[21:58] | They’ll think you’re nuts. | 他们只会觉得你疯了 |
[22:02] | – Tell me what you did with Andi! – Mr. Bright. | -告诉我你对安迪做了什么 -布莱特先生 |
[22:04] | – Where is Andi? – I don’t know. That’s why I’m here. | -安迪在哪儿 -我不知道 我正是因此而来 |
[22:07] | She was taken by them. | 她被他们掳走了 |
[22:14] | Your team said you became aggressive with Vosler. | 你的团队说你对沃斯勒很有攻击性 |
[22:17] | Saving Andi had become an obsession, hadn’t it? | 你执迷于救出安迪 是不是 |
[22:20] | Another way to avoid your own trauma. | 也是避开你自身创伤的又一种方式 |
[22:22] | – I was fine. – “Fine.” | -我没事 -“没事” |
[22:25] | There’s that word again. Whenever you say you’re “fine,” | 又是这个词 每次你说”没事” |
[22:27] | a warning bell goes off in my head. | 我脑子里就警铃大作 |
[22:29] | Okay, I wasn’t fine. I’m a mess. | 行 我不好 我一团糟 |
[22:32] | But I’m a mess that works. | 但我就算一团糟也还能工作 |
[22:33] | Well, I’m not arguing that you’re bad at your job. | 我不是在质疑你工作能力不足 |
[22:35] | No, you’re bad at yours. | 不 工作能力不足的是你 |
[22:37] | I am trauma. | 我自己就是创伤 |
[22:40] | I’m good at my job | 我擅长于我的工作 |
[22:41] | because it helps me understand the human mind. | 是因为创伤能帮助我理解人的心理 |
[22:44] | That shouldn’t preclude me from police work, | 这不应该是阻止我为警方工作的理由 |
[22:46] | it should qualify me for it. | 反而该是我胜任的原因 |
[22:48] | What do you really know about trauma, Simon? | 你对创伤又知道些什么 西蒙 |
[22:58] | Ten years ago, I was on vacation with my daughter. | 十年前 我和我女儿一起去度假 |
[23:02] | We rented a little cottage in Sunken Meadow Beach. | 我们在低草地海滩租了一间小屋 |
[23:06] | And Lily loved the water. She’d swim for hours. | 莉莉很喜欢那里的海 她能游上几个小时 |
[23:11] | It was the perfect trip… | 那是一次完美的旅程 |
[23:16] | …and our last together. | 也是我们俩的最后一次旅程 |
[23:20] | I was driving, my daughter was in the passenger seat, | 当时是我开车 我女儿坐在副驾驶座 |
[23:25] | and I looked away for a split second, | 我就分心了那么一下下 |
[23:28] | you know, to find a better radio station. | 调了一下收音机 |
[23:35] | The car flipped, and she died on impact. | 车翻了 她因为撞击身亡了 |
[23:44] | And for a while, I told myself it was inevitable, | 有那么一阵 我告诉自己那是没法避免的 |
[23:48] | a tragic accident. | 只是一场悲惨的意外 |
[23:51] | It was. | 的确是 |
[23:53] | But not blameless. | 但我并不是毫无过错 |
[23:58] | I couldn’t move on | 我的生活无法继续 |
[23:59] | until I acknowledged my role in the crash. | 直到我承认自己在事故中负有责任 |
[24:04] | So stop lying to me, Bright. | 所以不要再欺骗我了 布莱特 |
[24:06] | Stop lying to yourself. | 不要再欺骗自己了 |
[24:08] | Something happened when you were underground with John Watkins. | 你和约翰·沃特金斯在地下的时候发生了什么 |
[24:13] | You’re haunted by it. | 那事在折磨着你 |
[24:17] | Tell me what it is. | 告诉我是什么 |
[24:19] | Your father was going to kill you. | 你父亲本来准备杀掉你 |
[24:23] | Should we continue with the case? | 我们继续谈案子吧 |
[24:30] | I’m here because I fear for the safety of my members. | 我来这里是因为担心学员的安全 |
[24:33] | The only thing they’re afraid of is you. | 让他们害怕的只有你 |
[24:35] | It has been suggested that my institute | 有人宣称我的机构 |
[24:38] | shares some of the characteristics of a cult. | 具有邪教的某些特性 |
[24:40] | Now, the van that took Andi was identified by my members. | 我的学员认出了掳走安迪的那辆货车 |
[24:44] | I don’t know his name, | 我不知道他叫什么 |
[24:45] | but we’ve had run-ins with this man in the past. | 但我们以前就和这个人打过交道 |
[24:47] | He would call Andi’s kidnapping an “extraction.” | 他会把掳走安迪这种行为称为”营救” |
[24:50] | You’re talking about a deprogrammer. | 你说的是一位除魅师 |
[24:54] | They save cult victims. | 他们专门救助邪教受害者 |
[24:56] | Reunite families with their loved ones. | 帮迷失的人和他们家人团聚 |
[24:58] | Save them? He re-traumatizes them. | 救助他们 他是带给他们二次创伤 |
[25:01] | Undoes all my good work, and now, with Tristan, | 把我的努力全毁了 现在 对于特里斯坦 |
[25:03] | he’s escalated to murder. | 他更是升级到谋杀 |
[25:06] | Deprogrammers have questionable methods, | 除魅师的方法未必正当 |
[25:09] | but that doesn’t make them killers. | 但不代表他们是杀人犯 |
[25:10] | Do you have any idea who hired the deprogrammer? | 你知道是谁雇用那个除魅师的吗 |
[25:14] | Andi’s late mother was American. | 安迪去世的母亲是美国人 |
[25:15] | Her father is a Spanish national. | 她父亲是西班牙国民 |
[25:17] | He owns a manufacturing firm in Barcelona, | 他在巴塞罗那开了一家制造企业 |
[25:19] | and he would spend any amount of money to get Andi back. | 为了让安迪回头 他多少钱都舍得花 |
[25:22] | Deprogrammers cater to wealthy families | 除魅师为那些决心劝回 |
[25:25] | determined to reclaim their wayward children. | 他们任性孩子的富裕家庭服务 |
[25:30] | I know someone who can help. | 我知道一个人能帮忙 |
[25:31] | So many black sheep of New York’s finest families | 纽约那么多优秀家庭的败家子女 |
[25:34] | have been wooed by these cults. | 都受到邪教迷惑 |
[25:37] | There’s a very healthy rolodex of deprogrammer types | 派克大街[纽约富人区]一带 |
[25:40] | floating around Park Avenue. | 有很多除魅师 |
[25:42] | A-And why were you so eager to assist in the investigation? | 你又为何如此热心协助调查 |
[25:47] | Gil. | 因为吉尔 |
[25:48] | Lieutenant Arroyo is a friend, | 埃偌佑副队是我的朋友 |
[25:50] | and I enjoy when my friends are indebted to me. | 我喜欢我的朋友们欠我人情 |
[25:53] | Sorry, don’t you plan on asking me | 抱歉 你不是打算问我 |
[25:56] | about Malcolm’s mental health? | 马科姆的心理健康问题吗 |
[25:58] | Uh, w-w-well, what do you think…? | 那 你认为… |
[26:00] | You should fire him immediately. | 你应该立刻炒了他 |
[26:03] | Until then, I will do all I can to help with his precious cases. | 在那之前 我会尽力帮他破他的宝贝案子 |
[26:07] | So I set meetings with every deprogrammer in New York City. | 我安排了全纽约所有除魅师来和我见面 |
[26:12] | My cousin Ariana was recruited by the Moonies in the ’80s. | 我表妹阿丽亚娜80年代时被邪教组织穆尼招募了 |
[26:15] | We had a hell of a time getting her out, | 我们花了好长时间才把她救出来 |
[26:17] | but as they say, forgive, love, unite. | 但正如他们所说 原谅 爱 团结嘛 |
[26:24] | We’ll need milk and sugar. | 我们需要牛奶和糖 |
[26:27] | Unless you’d prefer something stronger? | 还是你想要更强烈点的饮品 |
[26:29] | The only thing we don’t serve here is Kool-Aid. | 我们这什么都有 唯独没有酷雷果汁 |
[26:32] | She gave that boy everything she had, and he joins a cult? | 她把一切都给了那男孩 他却加入邪教 |
[26:36] | I mean, how hard is it to accept a trust fund, settle down, | 接受信托基金 过安稳日子 |
[26:39] | and pop out a few grandchildren? | 为父母生几个孙子是有多难啊 |
[26:44] | Tell me about yourself, your work. | 介绍一下你自己和你的工作 |
[26:46] | Well, it starts with extraction. Pick ’em up, pull ’em out. | 一开始是营救 接上他们 带走他们 |
[26:49] | Then comes debriefing. | 然后是情况说明 |
[26:51] | These kids are all brainwashed. | 这些孩子都被洗脑了 |
[26:54] | I can snap ’em out of it. | 我能让他们清醒过来 |
[27:00] | Mr. Marsh, a few more people outside | 马什先生 外面还有一些人 |
[27:03] | would love to chat with you, too. | 想和你谈谈 |
[27:07] | When Bright found Curtis Marsh, I knew we had our guy. | 布莱特找到柯蒂斯·马什时 我就知道凶手是他 |
[27:11] | Been doing this long enough, you just feel it. | 干这行久了 自然有种直觉 |
[27:13] | You got nothing. | 你们没有证据 |
[27:15] | We got your boots. | 我们有你的靴子 |
[27:17] | They’re a match to the prints we found at the crime scene. | 它们和我们在犯罪现场找到的鞋印相匹配 |
[27:19] | That’s enough to hold you for 24 hours. | 凭那一点就足够扣留你24小时了 |
[27:21] | Tell us where Andi is. | 告诉我们安迪在哪里 |
[27:23] | Easy. | 冷静点 |
[27:24] | Should’ve known this was a setup. How’d you find me? | 我早该猜到这是个陷阱 你们怎么找到我的 |
[27:27] | You come highly recommended. | 有人极力推荐你 |
[27:31] | Because I get results. | 因为我总能办成事 |
[27:34] | Results like murder? | 比如谋杀吗 |
[27:35] | Tristan Johnston left Vosler. | 特里斯坦·约翰斯顿已经离开了沃斯勒 |
[27:37] | He didn’t need your help getting out. | 他不需要你救他出来 |
[27:39] | Everyone needs a little help from time to time. | 每个人都有需要别人帮助的时候 |
[27:42] | That’s the job. | 这份工作就是帮人 |
[27:43] | But this job was tougher than usual. | 但这次的活儿比平时更棘手 |
[27:46] | That big, important client wanted Andi back, | 那个重要的大人物客户想要安迪回来 |
[27:49] | and you couldn’t deliver. | 而你没能做到 |
[27:50] | You needed to get to Andi, | 你需要接近安迪 |
[27:53] | so you tortured Tristan. | 所以你折磨了特里斯坦 |
[27:54] | But then something went wrong. | 但接着出了岔子 |
[27:57] | You lost control, you strangled him. | 你失控了 你扼死了他 |
[27:59] | Next thing you knew, Tristan was dead. | 等你反应过来 特里斯坦已经死了 |
[28:01] | What kind of a deprogrammer allows himself to lose control? | 哪门子的除魅师会允许自己失控 |
[28:04] | Curtis was trapped. | 柯蒂斯被困住了 |
[28:06] | After we questioned him… | 我们盘问完他后 |
[28:09] | Bright wasn’t satisfied. | 布莱特还不满意 |
[28:12] | He was absolutely convinced | 他无比确信 |
[28:15] | that Curtis had to be working for someone else. | 柯蒂斯背后有真正的犯罪主脑 |
[28:17] | Arroyo said you became unhinged. | 埃偌佑说你精神错乱了 |
[28:19] | You refused to accept that the case was closed. | 你拒绝接受这案子已经结了 |
[28:21] | Because it wasn’t. | 因为确实还没了结 |
[28:23] | And this argument with Gil, | 就是你和吉尔的争吵 |
[28:24] | that’s what triggered the incident? | 触发了那起事故吗 |
[28:27] | It led to it, didn’t cause it. | 争吵导致了事故 但不是事故原因 |
[28:29] | I’d been worried about Bright all day. | 我担心了布莱特一整天 |
[28:32] | Now I was scared. | 现在我开始害怕了 |
[28:33] | I-I could have handled it better. | 我本来可以处理得更好些 |
[28:37] | It wasn’t all his fault. | 不能全怪他 |
[28:39] | Now it’s really time to go home. | 你真的该回家了 |
[28:41] | A cult deprogrammer must be skilled, | 除魅师一定技法娴熟 |
[28:44] | have an understanding of the complex psychology of mind control. | 对精神控制的情节心理学很了解 |
[28:48] | Curtis is the muscle, not the brains. | 柯蒂斯是动手的人 但不是主脑 |
[28:50] | Otherwise, he never would have killed Tristan. | 否则 他绝对不会杀死特里斯坦 |
[28:52] | There’s someone above Curtis, the real deprogrammer. | 柯蒂斯上面还有一个人 真正的除魅师 |
[28:57] | They’re controlling everything. | 他们控制着一切 |
[28:59] | I was right from the beginning. | 我一开始就说对了 |
[29:02] | You’re in no state to work a case. | 你现在的状态不适合查案 |
[29:04] | I’ve been working this case. | 我一直在查这起案子 |
[29:07] | I brought you onto the team | 我让你加入 |
[29:08] | because you’re the best at what you do, Bright, | 是因为你的专长无人能及 布莱特 |
[29:10] | but not when you get like this. | 但你这样时就不是了 |
[29:13] | “Like this”? | “这样” |
[29:14] | I’m “like this” | 我”这样” |
[29:16] | because of Martin Whitly, | 还不是因为马丁·惠特利 |
[29:18] | because of John Watkins, because of you. | 因为约翰·沃特金斯 因为你 |
[29:23] | What? | 什么 |
[29:25] | You asked for my help. | 你请我来帮忙 |
[29:26] | You knew I couldn’t say no, | 你明知道我无法拒绝 |
[29:27] | and you brought them all back into my life. | 是你把那些回忆又带回我的生活 |
[29:29] | You did that. You started this. | 都怪你 是你开始了这一切 |
[29:40] | Get the hell out of my precinct. | 滚出我的分局 |
[29:43] | Gil, no. | 吉尔 别 |
[30:04] | Bright. | 布莱特 |
[30:12] | Bright, open, open this door. | 布莱特 开门 |
[30:20] | He tried to kill us. | 他想杀死我们 |
[30:28] | Bright, open this door. | 布莱特 开门 |
[30:35] | He did what now? | 他做了什么 |
[30:36] | Your “incident” wiped out the entire precinct’s electricity. | 你的”小事故”害整个分局停电了 |
[30:40] | It wasn’t my intention. | 那并非我的本意 |
[30:41] | Well, what was your intention? | 那你的本意是什么 |
[30:43] | Because it wasn’t about solving the case. | 肯定不是为了破案 |
[30:44] | I did it because I had to, because I, because I needed it. | 我那么做是因为我别无选择 我需要它 |
[30:49] | And what did you need exactly? | 你到底需要什么 |
[30:53] | Tell me the truth, Malcolm. You electrocuted yourself. | 告诉我真相 马科姆 你电击了自己 |
[30:56] | You could have easily died. | 你差点就没命了 |
[30:58] | What happened with John Watkins? | 你和约翰·沃特金斯到底发生了什么 |
[31:01] | What were you so desperate to forget? | 你急于想忘掉什么 |
[31:06] | He told me something. | 他告诉了我一些事 |
[31:07] | Watkins? What did he say? | 沃特金斯吗 他说了什么 |
[31:22] | That when I was ten years old, | 他说我十岁那年 |
[31:25] | Martin Whitly tried to kill me. | 马丁·惠特利想杀了我 |
[31:32] | My father… tried to kill me. | 我父亲…想杀了我 |
[31:36] | Well, that’s terrible, | 那太可怕了 |
[31:37] | but you knew he was a predatory psychopath. | 但你早知道他是个杀人成性的精神变态 |
[31:41] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[31:44] | My rational… | 我理性的 |
[31:45] | overeducated mind understands who he is. | 受教育过度的头脑明白他是什么人 |
[31:51] | But the child in me… | 但我内心的孩子… |
[31:57] | thought he cared. | 以为他在乎我 |
[32:01] | Loved me… even. | 甚至爱我 |
[32:06] | Now I can’t see that anymore. | 现在我再也看不到他那一面了 |
[32:11] | All I can see is me. | 我能看到的只有我 |
[32:16] | Age ten. | 十岁的我 |
[32:19] | Dead. | 死了 |
[32:22] | And you mean that literally, don’t you? | 你是真的看到了 对吗 |
[32:27] | You are hallucinating. | 你产生了幻觉 |
[32:30] | When Quentin shocked me… | 昆汀电击我后 |
[32:33] | the hallucinations stopped. | 幻觉就停止了 |
[32:38] | It worked. | 奏效了 |
[32:41] | The ect… | 电休克疗法 |
[32:43] | purged my mind. | 净化了我的思想 |
[32:50] | But he came back. | 但他回来了 |
[32:52] | So you shocked yourself again. | 所以你又电击了自己一次 |
[33:00] | You just completed your profile. | 你刚完成了你的侧写 |
[33:05] | You’re not gonna sign off on me working here, are you? | 你不会同意我在这里工作的 对吗 |
[33:09] | I’m sorry, Malcolm. | 抱歉 马科姆 |
[33:10] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[33:17] | Listen, you can get help like I did. | 听着 你可以像我当初那样寻求帮助 |
[33:21] | It takes time and commitment, but… | 那需要时间和决心 但是 |
[33:25] | you’re very intelligent | 你非常聪明 |
[33:26] | and your friends here care about you. | 而且你这里的朋友们很在乎你 |
[33:28] | I’ll miss them. | 我会想念他们的 |
[33:30] | You need real help, Malcolm, | 你需要真正的帮助 马科姆 |
[33:33] | not just a coping mechanism. | 不只是应对机制 |
[33:38] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[33:40] | What about Andi? | 那安迪呢 |
[33:43] | I was the only witness to the kidnapping, | 我是绑架的唯一目击者 |
[33:45] | and you just declared me mentally unstable. | 而你刚刚宣布我精神不稳定 |
[33:48] | Well, I’m sure Lieutenant Arroyo and his team will find her. | 我相信埃偌佑副队和他的队员会找到她的 |
[33:51] | “Her”? | “她” |
[33:53] | I never said Andi was a woman. | 我从没说过安迪是女人 |
[33:56] | So, I assumed. Does that matter? | 我假设的 那很重要吗 |
[33:59] | You’re lying. | 你在说谎 |
[34:01] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[34:02] | All that business. | 你的那些小动作 |
[34:04] | The pockets, | 翻口袋 |
[34:06] | writing of notes, stirring your tea. | 写笔记 搅拌茶 |
[34:08] | When I ask you a question, you never make eye contact. | 我问你问题时 你从不跟我目光接触 |
[34:11] | Because I’ll see the lies. | 因为我会看穿你的谎言 |
[34:14] | Look, you’re in a very dark place, Mr. Bright, | 听着 你现在理智陷入了阴暗中 布莱特先生 |
[34:17] | but turning that profiler’s gaze on me won’t solve your problem. | 但转而把我当侧写对象 并不能解决你的问题 |
[34:20] | I’m not the bad guy. | 我不是坏人 |
[34:22] | Why did Curtis kill Tristan? | 柯蒂斯为什么要杀了特里斯坦 |
[34:24] | Did he just forget to pop a few pills | 他忘了吃药吗 |
[34:27] | or is he just that out of control? | 还是他就是如此失控 |
[34:29] | I have no idea; I never met the man. | 我不知道 我从没见过他 |
[34:36] | You’re the deprogrammer. | 你就是那个除魅师 |
[34:39] | No, I’m not, but you can’t see that, | 不 我不是 但你看不清真相 |
[34:41] | because you’re… riddled with trauma | 因为你…受了精神创伤 |
[34:43] | and the aftereffects of… electroshock | 又有电击后遗症 |
[34:46] | and God only knows what else. | 天知道你还经历过什么 |
[34:50] | I didn’t shock myself last night. | 我昨晚没有电击我自己 |
[34:54] | What? | 什么 |
[35:01] | Bright, open, open this door. | 布莱特 开门 |
[35:35] | Curtis was taking a heavy dose of antianxiety medication. | 柯蒂斯服下了大量抗焦虑药 |
[35:38] | Was that for his rage issues? | 是为了控制他的暴怒问题吗 |
[35:41] | Anxiolytics can help regulate anger. | 抗焦虑药有助于控制愤怒 |
[35:44] | I’m not asking you as a doctor. | 我问你不是因为你是医生 |
[35:46] | I’m asking you as his doctor. | 而是因为你就是他的医生 |
[35:49] | You prescribed them to him, Simon. | 药是你开给他的 西蒙 |
[35:51] | 医生 西蒙·柯本莱斯 舍曲林 | |
[35:52] | That doesn’t prove anything. | 那并不能证明什么 |
[35:54] | By itself, no. That’s why I set all this up. | 它本身不能 所以我才设了这个局 |
[35:58] | I knew Curtis Marsh had someone protecting him, | 我知道有人在保护柯蒂斯·马什 |
[36:00] | someone on the inside. | 警局内部的人 |
[36:01] | I knew if I was right, you’d try to discredit me to IA, | 如果我猜对了 你会试图让我失信于内务处 |
[36:04] | shut down our investigation. | 叫停我们的调查 |
[36:06] | You lied to me about knowing Curtis. | 你向我隐瞒了你认识柯蒂斯的事 |
[36:08] | There’s your name, right there on that bottle. | 你的名字就印在瓶子上 |
[36:11] | Your lies… | 你的谎言 |
[36:13] | that’s all the proof I need. | 就是我所需的证据 |
[36:15] | I wasn’t lying. | 我没撒谎 |
[36:16] | I was asking the questions. This was my review! | 我只是问问题 这是我的评论 |
[36:20] | It’s all on tape. | 全都录下来了 |
[36:22] | The room’s wired. | 这房间装了监听 |
[36:23] | My team has been watching you all along. | 我的团队一直在监视你 |
[36:25] | Your team? | 你的团队 |
[36:27] | They think you’re nuts, Malcolm! | 他们都认为你是疯子 马科姆 |
[36:29] | I mean, I almost feel sorry for y… | 我都几乎有点同情你了 |
[36:36] | My profile’s complete. | 我的侧写完成了 |
[36:38] | You’re under arrest, Dr. Coppenrath. | 你被捕了 柯本莱斯医生 |
[36:41] | Well… | 好吧 |
[36:43] | I’m impressed. | 你可真厉害 |
[36:44] | Nothing gets past you, Malcolm. | 什么都瞒不过你 马科姆 |
[36:47] | One last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[36:49] | Did you see this? | 你预见到这个了吗 |
[36:54] | Actually… | 其实 |
[36:56] | no, I did not. | 我还真没预见到 |
[37:01] | – Drop it now! – We will shoot you! | -立刻放下枪 -我们会朝你开枪的 |
[37:03] | Get me a hostage negotiator down here right now! | 立刻派一名人质谈判专家过来 |
[37:05] | Have a bus standing by! | 准备好一辆大巴 |
[37:08] | – Damn it. – Where’s Andi? | -该死 -安迪在哪儿 |
[37:11] | Just tell me where she is. | 告诉我她在哪儿 |
[37:14] | This isn’t you, Simon. | 你不是这样的人 西蒙 |
[37:16] | You’re a rational man, a doctor. | 你是个理智的人 是名医生 |
[37:19] | You’re not a killer. | 你不是杀手 |
[37:20] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道 |
[37:23] | Because of Lily, | 因为莉莉 |
[37:25] | your daughter. | 你的女儿 |
[37:27] | She didn’t die in a car accident. | 她并非死于车祸 |
[37:29] | Don’t you dare. | 你敢 |
[37:30] | She died in a cult. | 她因邪教而死 |
[37:33] | You couldn’t save her. | 你没能救她 |
[37:34] | So you became a deprogrammer. | 于是你成为了除魅师 |
[37:37] | – Andi reminded you of her, didn’t she? – Stop. | -安迪让你想起她 对吗 -闭嘴 |
[37:42] | I see what you’re doing. | 我知道你在做什么 |
[37:43] | – I’m trying to understand. – Yeah, yeah. | -我只是想理解你 -是啊 |
[37:46] | You’re trying to make an emotional connection. | 你想制造情感连接 |
[37:49] | You’re expressing empathy. | 你在表达同理心 |
[37:50] | I’m a psychiatrist. I know that move. | 我是精神病医生 我了解这一招 |
[37:54] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[37:56] | This is stimulating. | 这的确很有趣 |
[37:57] | Two overeducated men sparring over psychology. | 两个受教育过度的男子争论心理学 |
[38:01] | That’s not how it works. | 不是这么运作的 |
[38:03] | Trauma doesn’t just go away | 创伤不会因为 |
[38:05] | because somebody pretends to understand you. | 某人假装理解你就消失 |
[38:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[38:09] | You’re right. | 你说得没错 |
[38:14] | I was just distracting you | 我只是让你分心 |
[38:16] | long enough to do this. | 借机做这个 |
[38:26] | He’s alive. | 他还活着 |
[38:28] | Where’s Andi? | 安迪在哪里 |
[38:29] | He didn’t give a location. Damn it. | 他没说出地点 该死 |
[38:31] | You were with him the whole day. He must’ve let something slip. | 你跟他相处了一整天 他一定泄露过什么 |
[38:34] | He removed the case boards to make a safe space. | 他把案件板拿走了 为了制造一个安全环境 |
[38:37] | He’d want the same thing for Andi. | 他会希望安迪也有安全环境 |
[38:39] | Someplace remote, hidden. | 一个偏远隐蔽的地方 |
[38:41] | Andi reminded him of his daughter. | 安迪让他想起他的女儿 |
[38:43] | Lily. | 莉莉 |
[38:46] | It was in his story. | 他提过那段经历 |
[38:48] | The last place they were happy — the cottage. | 他们最后拥有过快乐的地方 那间小屋 |
[38:50] | Sunken Meadow Beach. Go! Now! | 低草地海滩 快去 |
[38:56] | Gil’s got an address for the cottage. | 吉尔有小屋的地址 |
[38:57] | She’s locked up there. | 她被关在那里 |
[39:02] | Police! | 警察 |
[39:08] | Andi… Andi, it’s me. | 安迪 安迪 是我 |
[39:11] | You’re gonna be okay. | 你会没事的 |
[39:29] | I got to ask a question, Bright. | 我得问你个问题 布莱特 |
[39:34] | – Can I stop you? – Nope. | -我能阻止你问吗 不能 |
[39:39] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[39:41] | You freaked out Dani pretty good. | 你把黛妮吓得够呛 |
[39:43] | I’m f… | 我没… |
[39:50] | No. | 不 |
[39:52] | I don’t think I am. | 我想我有事 |
[39:57] | You would’ve gone through with it, wouldn’t you? | 你本来真会那么做的 对吧 |
[40:00] | If you hadn’t found that pill bottle… | 如果你没发现那瓶药 |
[40:02] | you would have shocked yourself. | 你会电击你自己 |
[40:09] | I’m not sure. | 我不确定 |
[40:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[40:19] | Wait. How is that okay? | 等等 那有什么好的 |
[40:24] | It’s not. | 不好 |
[40:26] | But you know that you’re not okay, so… | 但你知道自己有问题 所以… |
[40:30] | that makes it okay. | 那就挺好 |
[40:33] | I’m not exactly following. | 我没听懂 |
[40:37] | You need a vacation. | 你需要去度个假 |
[40:39] | Someplace with a beach. | 找个有海滩的地方 |
[40:42] | I know it’s not easy for you to slow down, Malcolm, | 我知道让你慢下来不容易 马科姆 |
[40:44] | but I want you to try. | 但我希望你尽力试试 |
[40:47] | Go hop on a yacht or a helicopter or whatever else | 登上游艇 或是直升机 |
[40:50] | they’re doing on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. | 或是做《富豪名人生活方式》里介绍的奢侈活动 |
[40:53] | That’s… | 早就… |
[40:55] | that’s totally not a show anymore. | 早就没那节目了 |
[40:58] | That’s a shame. | 真可惜 |
[41:02] | I don’t want to see you around the precinct for two weeks, | 未来两周不要让我看见你靠近分局 |
[41:04] | you hear me? | 听见了吗 |
[41:05] | Loud and clear. | 听得很清楚 |
[41:08] | Hey, Gil. | 吉尔 |
[41:12] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[41:15] | It’s not because of you. | 不是因为你 |
[41:18] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[41:21] | I know, kid. | 我知道 孩子 |
[41:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:58] | I know you’re there. | 我知道你在那里 |
[42:01] | I get it. | 我明白 |
[42:04] | You’re a manifestation of my subconscious. | 你是我潜意识的表现 |
[42:08] | It’s all so devastating. | 这一切都太可怕了 |
[42:14] | “He tried to kill us.” | “他想杀死我们” |
[42:17] | But he didn’t. | 但他没有 |
[42:25] | I’m a civilian now, Sunshine. | 我现在是平民了 小阳光 |
[42:28] | We’re gonna have lots of time together. | 我们会有很多时间相处的 |
[42:32] | Just you, me and… | 就你 我 和… |
[42:43] | We’re gonna be okay. | 我们会没事的 |