时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | So what’your new paper about? | 你的新论文主题是什么 |
[00:06] | “Deviations in Modus Operandi.” | “杀人手法的偏离” |
[00:08] | Sophomoric topic. | 这题目太浅了 |
[00:10] | Well, I am a sophomore. | 我才大二嘛 |
[00:15] | Serial killers tend to be fairly consistent in their modality. | 连环杀手的手法一般是比较一致的 |
[00:18] | Berkowitz had “Women who looked like his mother.” | 伯科威茨[山姆之子]是针对”像他母亲的女人” |
[00:22] | Kemper had coeds, decapitations and… | 坎伯是大学女生 砍头… |
[00:24] | Please, son, not before lunch. | 拜托 儿子 午餐前别说这些 |
[00:27] | You had your scalpel. | 你是手术刀 |
[00:29] | Like any artist, I had my themes. | 我就像所有艺术家一样 有自己的主题 |
[00:32] | But I also experimented. | 但我也试验过 |
[00:34] | So you would sometimes improvise? | 你有时也会即兴发挥吗 |
[00:39] | A little free-form jazz. | 来点自由爵士 |
[00:42] | Yeah, often. | 经常的 |
[00:44] | That’s interesting. | 有意思 |
[00:46] | Improvisational murder. | 即兴杀人 |
[00:50] | Which– which raises the question, | 那就不得不问了 |
[00:53] | if you were going to kill me right now, | 如果你现在打算杀了我 |
[00:57] | how would you do it? | 你会怎么下手 |
[00:58] | Oh, geez, son… | 天啊 儿子 |
[01:01] | what a morbid thought. | 多可怕的想法 |
[01:04] | I’m afraid my options are a tad restricted. | 我的选择恐怕有点受限 |
[01:12] | If you weren’t cuffed. | 如果你没被铐住呢 |
[01:15] | Come on, my professor would love to know your thoughts. | 拜托 我的教授肯定想知道你的想法 |
[01:18] | Well, that’s a tricky one. | 这不好说 |
[01:22] | Perhaps I’d just bash your skull into the table. | 或许我会把你的脑袋砸碎在桌上 |
[01:24] | You know, one swift strike and it’s done. | 快速地一击就结束了 |
[01:31] | Maybe that loose screw on the table behind me. | 或许用我身后桌上的那根松动螺丝 |
[01:34] | Jamming that into your carotid artery would do the trick. | 只要把它刺进你的颈动脉就行 |
[01:38] | Though it might get a little messy. | 但那场面会很不好看 |
[01:40] | Um, I could plow it into your eye socket. | 我可以把它插进你的眼眶 |
[01:42] | Go for the frontal lobe. | 插入大脑额叶 |
[01:44] | Turn you off like a light switch. | 像关灯一样熄灭你 |
[01:49] | But this is nonsense. | 但这都是胡扯 |
[01:52] | – I could never hurt you. – Why? | -我绝不会伤害你的 -为什么 |
[01:54] | Because you’re– because you’re my son. | 因为你是我儿子 |
[02:00] | I mean, could you kill me? | 那你会杀我吗 |
[02:10] | No. | 不会 |
[02:12] | No. Of course not. | 当然不会 |
[02:16] | Right, right. Of course not. | 是啊 当然不会 |
[02:25] | To your first day reporting from the studio! | 敬你第一次在演播室内播报新闻 |
[02:28] | Now you don’t have to pound the pavement like some salesman | 你现在不用像个推销员或人口普查员一样 |
[02:30] | – or census taker. – Yes. | -去压马路了 -是啊 |
[02:33] | To Ainsley. | 敬安斯莉 |
[02:35] | Anderson Cooper is shaking in his boots. | 安德森·库珀[名主播]都怕得瑟瑟发抖了 |
[02:37] | And I am so proud of you, too, Malcolm. | 我也好为你骄傲 马科姆 |
[02:41] | No murders for two weeks. It’s a new record. | 两周没办凶案 这是新纪录 |
[02:44] | Are you glad you went on your vacation after all? | 你庆幸自己还是去度假了吧 |
[02:47] | I did miss the work, but it was nice to get away. | 我是错过了工作 但能离开那一切也不错 |
[02:52] | I shut the drapes and never left my room. | 我拉上了窗帘 一步未出房间 |
[02:54] | Just me and my books. | 就只有我和我的书 |
[02:56] | On your tropical holiday? | 在你去热带度假时吗 |
[02:58] | When you say “get away,” | 你说的”离开” |
[03:00] | I take it you mean from your father. | 是指离开你父亲吧 |
[03:02] | In which case, might I suggest a permanent vacation? | 在这事上 我可否提议永远的度假 |
[03:06] | We seem to be entering the “daddy issues” | 我们似乎进入了这顿饭的 |
[03:09] | segment of this meal, which is my cue to go to work. | “父亲问题”环节 所以我要去上班了 |
[03:13] | – Love you. – Bye. Bye. | -爱你 -再见 |
[03:16] | Really, Malcolm, you haven’t seen him in two weeks, | 真的 马科姆 你两周没去见他了 |
[03:18] | and you seem great. | 你看上去很好 |
[03:20] | I’m not exactly rushing to Claremont, | 我并没急着想去克莱蒙特 |
[03:23] | but there are some things that were left unresolved. | 但还有些事没有解决 |
[03:27] | You were going to kill me. | 你本打算杀了我 |
[03:28] | I have done bad things, but I never did that. | 我做过很多坏事 但我从未想过杀你 |
[03:32] | Like what? | 什么事 |
[03:34] | I mean, you can tell me. | 你可以告诉我 |
[03:35] | I-I feel sure I’ve heard everything by now. | 我相信我现在是什么都听过了 |
[03:39] | It’s complicated. | 一言难尽 |
[03:41] | What are you doing after this? | 你之后要做什么 |
[03:43] | Just errands. | 就是跑跑腿 |
[03:45] | You, you don’t run errands. | 你才不会跑腿 |
[03:49] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[03:52] | I’m meeting someone. | 我要见个人 |
[03:54] | They claim to know something about the girl in the box. | 对方说是知道箱中女孩的事 |
[03:57] | It came from the tip line. | 是热线来的消息 |
[04:00] | And you were going to meet this total stranger alone? | 你要独自去见这个陌生人吗 |
[04:05] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:07] | Until my meddling son got involved. | 直到我管闲事的儿子插手 |
[04:13] | Well, I don’t see anyone. | 我没看到人 |
[04:16] | He said he’d be wearing a blue sweater. | 他说会穿蓝色运动衣 |
[04:19] | Did he say by the carousel | 他说是旋转木马边 |
[04:22] | or on the carousel? | 还是在旋转木马上 |
[04:41] | Stay here. | 待在这儿 |
[04:50] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[04:53] | Anybody here? | 有人在吗 |
[05:02] | Don’t look! | 别看 |
[05:16] | Malcolm! | 马科姆 |
[05:36] | I knew this vacation wouldn’t last. | 我就知道这假期长不了 |
[05:37] | Be honest. Did you kill this guy | 说实话 是不是你杀了他 |
[05:39] | just so you could get back to work? | 好回来上班 |
[05:40] | This one fell in my lap. Tell them, Mother. | 这是天上掉下来的 告诉他们 妈妈 |
[05:43] | – What are you looking for? – My purse. | -你在找什么 -我的手包 |
[05:46] | I dropped it when… Forget it. | 我之前失手掉了 因为…算了 |
[05:49] | Uh, this gentleman was supposed to give us information | 这位先生本来要告诉我们关于 |
[05:51] | on the girl in the box. | 箱中女孩的信息 |
[05:55] | Who’s the vic? | 死者是谁 |
[05:56] | That’s gonna be tough. | 不好确定 |
[05:56] | His fingerprints were burned off postmortem. | 他的指纹死后被烧掉了 |
[05:58] | DNA’s gonna take some time. | DNA检验会需要时间 |
[06:00] | Hey, you stole my thunder. | 你抢我风头了 |
[06:03] | It’s okay, I’ve got plenty of thunder. | 没关系 我风头多的是 |
[06:05] | He died by exsanguination from the carotid artery, | 他死于颈动脉放血 |
[06:09] | aka a slit throat. | 也就是被割喉 |
[06:10] | Which may be metaphorically significant. | 可能有重要的喻意 |
[06:12] | A silencing of sorts. | 叫他保持沉默之类的 |
[06:15] | Any idea who’d want to silence your informant? | 你知道有谁会想叫你的线人保持沉默吗 |
[06:18] | Well, yes, but he’s rotting in a cell. | 知道 但他正在大牢里腐烂 |
[06:20] | Not– not rotting. More like flourishing. | 不是腐烂 更像是风生水起 |
[06:23] | You’re saying Martin Whitly is somehow behind this? | 你意思是马丁·惠特利是幕后主使 |
[06:25] | With that man, anything is possible. | 那个男人 任何事都有可能 |
[06:27] | So you think we should question your dad? | 你觉得我们该询问你爸吗 |
[06:29] | No, I don’t. | 不 不用 |
[06:31] | I mean… not yet. | 我是说 暂时不用 |
[06:34] | Martin Whitly’s psychopathic. He’s not superhuman. | 马丁·惠特利是精神变态 不是超人 |
[06:37] | It’s also unnecessary ’cause you’re completely wrong. | 而且也没必要 因为你错得离谱 |
[06:41] | Sorry, that came out harsher than I intended. | 抱歉 我没想要说得那么刺耳的 |
[06:43] | I was going for, like, a playful repartee. | 本来只是想闹着玩怼你一下 |
[06:46] | Have I mentioned how much I missed you? | 我有没有说过 我很想你 |
[06:49] | You’ll get used to it. | 你会习惯的 |
[06:53] | I missed you, too. | 我也想你 |
[06:55] | Now tell me why I’m completely wrong. | 现在告诉我 为什么我错得离谱 |
[06:57] | He died last night. | 他昨晚就死了 |
[07:00] | You know, based on the lividity, | 根据他肤色发青 |
[07:01] | he spent several hours on his side, in a fetal position. | 可推断他以胎儿姿势侧躺了数小时 |
[07:03] | Like in the trunk of a car. | 就像他被放在车尾箱里 |
[07:09] | But the call came in to the tip line this morning. | 但那通热线电话是今早打来的 |
[07:13] | Which means our killer was the one who called you. | 这意味着凶手就是打电话给你的人 |
[07:17] | He wanted you to find the body. | 他想让你发现尸体 |
[07:22] | Ainsley. | 安斯莉 |
[07:23] | Ainsley, we’re throwing to you next. | 安斯莉 下一个轮到你 |
[07:25] | – I thought Rod was up. – We’re breaking in. | -不是轮到罗德吗 -我们要插播 |
[07:27] | The body they found on the carousel– | 在旋转木马发现的那具尸体 |
[07:30] | we’ve got somebody on the line claiming to be the killer. | 有人打电话来 声称自己是凶手 |
[07:33] | And they want to talk to you on the air right now. | 对方想现在和你在节目里对话 |
[07:36] | Well, um… are-are you sure it’s not a hoax? I mean, | 你确定这不是恶作剧吗 |
[07:40] | – I don’t want to get Baba Booey’d the first day. – Trust me. | -我不想第一天就被人取笑 -相信我 |
[07:42] | Trust me, we ran it down. | 相信我 我们详细问过了 |
[07:44] | The caller knew the victim’s prints were burned off. | 来电者知道受害人的指纹被烧掉了 |
[07:46] | That hasn’t been made public. | 那个细节尚未公布 |
[07:48] | A-And no one’s concerned about the ethics of all this? | 没人担心这么做不道德吗 |
[07:50] | I mean, putting a, a killer live on the air? | 让凶手上现场直播 |
[07:54] | That’s an interesting position coming from you. | 这话从你口中说出来 真耐人寻味 |
[07:57] | I just… | 我只是… |
[08:00] | Look, he says if we don’t do this, others will die. | 他说如果我们不这么做 还会有人死 |
[08:03] | I got the lawyers on the phone with the FCC and NYPD. | 律师们已经和联邦通信委员及纽约警局通话了 |
[08:07] | If you want, I’ll give it to James. | 如果你想 我可以交给詹姆斯 |
[08:09] | But he wants you. | 但他指明要你 |
[08:11] | We’re set to go. | 我们准备好了 |
[08:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:16] | I’m going to need a fact sheet ASAP, | 尽快给我一份情况说明书 |
[08:19] | and, uh, call Gil Arroyo at Major Crimes. | 还有 打给重案组的吉尔·埃偌佑 |
[08:24] | He’s gonna want to see this. | 他会想看见的 |
[08:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:30] | Five, four… | 五 四 |
[08:32] | three… | 三 |
[08:36] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[08:37] | I’m Ainsley Whitly interrupting our regular programming | 我是安斯莉·惠特利 现在中断正常节目 |
[08:40] | with an unusual caller on the line. | 有位不寻常的来电者正在线上 |
[08:42] | A man claiming responsibility for a murder | 有位男士声称 |
[08:45] | that occurred this morning in Queens. | 为今早在皇后区的谋杀案负责 |
[08:47] | Are you there? | 你还在吗 |
[08:51] | Hello, Ainsley. | 你好 安斯莉 |
[08:55] | Hello. Who am I speaking with? | 你好 请问你是谁 |
[08:58] | I am the Carousel Killer. | 我是旋转木马杀手 |
[09:01] | Catchy. | 这称号很好记 |
[09:02] | I have two questions for you. | 我有两个问题要问你 |
[09:03] | Why did you kill that man this morning, | 你今早为何杀了那个男人 |
[09:05] | and why are you calling us about it? | 以及你为什么要因此打给我们 |
[09:07] | So you would all take heed. | 为了引起你们所有人的注意 |
[09:09] | Well, you have our attention. Now what? | 我们现在注意到你了 然后呢 |
[09:13] | When he called the tip line, he didn’t leave a name? | 他打热线电话时 没留名字吗 |
[09:16] | You got to see this. | 你们得看看这个 |
[09:21] | Oh, who picked out that blazer? | 谁给她选的那件小西装 |
[09:22] | She looks like the carpet at the DMV. | 她看上去像车管局的地毯 |
[09:24] | You didn’t answer my question. | 你没回答我的问题 |
[09:26] | Why did you kill that man? | 你为什么杀了那个男人 |
[09:26] | 《美国新闻直击》 直播连线旋转木马杀手 | |
[09:28] | I chose him at random | 我随机选的他 |
[09:29] | to let everyone know I’m serious. | 好让大家清楚我是认真的 |
[09:32] | Is this live? | 这是直播吗 |
[09:33] | The killer called in a few minutes ago. | 凶手几分钟前打进来的 |
[09:34] | Serious about what? | 对什么认真 |
[09:36] | Your mother Jessica Whitly. | 你母亲杰西卡·惠特利 |
[09:38] | She went on TV and offered a million dollars | 她上电视 悬赏一百万美金 |
[09:41] | for information about one of her husband’s victims. | 换取关于他丈夫一个受害人的信息 |
[09:43] | – I’m aware. – Like she’s some kind of hero. | -我知道 -好像她是什么英雄一样 |
[09:45] | But she’s not. She’s a fraud and a hypocrite. | 但她不是 她就是个骗子 一个伪君子 |
[09:48] | My mother is neither of those things. | 我妈妈不是你说的任何一种人 |
[09:51] | The chickens are coming home to roost. | 人终将自食恶果 |
[09:53] | What…? | 你… |
[09:56] | What, exactly, do you want? | 你到底有何目的 |
[09:57] | I want that money. | 我想要那笔钱 |
[09:59] | I’ll call back with instructions. | 我会再打来给你们指示 |
[10:01] | If she doesn’t listen, more people will die. | 如果她不听 还有更多人会死 |
[10:04] | Wha… | 什么 |
[10:12] | No good deed goes unpunished. | 好心没好报 |
[10:14] | If I hadn’t gone on TV, I hadn’t offered that money… | 如果我没上电视 如果我没提供那笔钱 |
[10:17] | You can’t think like that. | 你不能这样想 |
[10:19] | Why? The killer just announced it to millions of people. | 为什么 凶手刚对几百万人宣布了 |
[10:23] | – That man is dead because of me. – No. | -那男人因我而死 -不 |
[10:25] | He’s dead because someone killed him, | 他死了 是因为有人杀了他 |
[10:28] | not you. | 而不是因为你 |
[10:29] | You were just trying to do some actual good. | 你不过是想做些实实在在的好事 |
[10:31] | I want to pay. It is a small price | 我想付他钱 这只是一笔小钱 |
[10:35] | to ensure that no more lives are lost. | 却能确保没有更多的人丧命 |
[10:37] | NYPD policy is firm. | 纽约警局有严格规定 |
[10:38] | We do not cooperate with extortionists. | 我们不和勒索犯合作 |
[10:40] | – I don’t give a flying… – Mother! | -我他妈才不… -妈妈 |
[10:42] | Gil’s right. We’ll send an officer to the house. | 吉尔说得对 我们会派警员去家里守着 |
[10:45] | The smartest thing you can do right now is go home | 现在你最明智的做法就是回家 |
[10:47] | and let us do our jobs. | 让我们做好我们的工作 |
[10:50] | Please. | 求你了 |
[11:04] | You know, I have to tell you, Mr. David, | 我必须告诉你 大卫先生 |
[11:06] | I am… really taking to clay time. | 我真的…很享受陶艺 |
[11:11] | You know, I think it would be even more therapeutic, though, | 但我觉得如果有合适的工具 |
[11:13] | if I had the, the proper implements, huh? | 会更有益于我的治疗 |
[11:15] | Is there any chance I could get a fettling knife? | 有没有可能给我一把修坯刀 |
[11:19] | Well, you lost me at knife. | 说到”刀”就没可能了 |
[11:21] | Well, then my hands will just have to suffice. | 那我只能用手了 |
[11:26] | Ready for your TV time? | 准备好看电视了吗 |
[11:28] | Ooh, I never say no to TV time. | 我从来不会拒绝看电视 |
[11:31] | Authorities have not released the victim’s identity, | 当局没有公布死者的身份 |
[11:33] | – but have… – Oh, look at that. | -但有… -你瞧呀 |
[11:35] | My little girl’s reporting from the studio now. | 我的小闺女进了演播室播报呢 |
[11:38] | The killer asked to speak to me directly | 凶手要求直接和我通话 |
[11:40] | and proceeded to levy unfounded accusations about my family, | 随后还在直播中给我的家人 我的母亲 |
[11:44] | specifically my mother Jessica Whitly, on air. | 杰西卡·惠特利 安上了莫须有的罪名 |
[11:48] | – Oh, my. – It should come as no surprise that my father… | -天啊 -众所皆知 我父亲… |
[11:51] | Oh, this looks very exciting. | 这真刺激 |
[11:51] | …Martin Whitly, also known as The Surgeon, | 马丁·惠特利 人称”外科医生” |
[11:54] | has been in the news before. | 曾被大肆报道过 |
[11:56] | He was arrested in 1998 for murdering 23 people. | 他于1998年因为谋杀了23人而被捕 |
[12:00] | The Carousel Killer… | 旋转木马杀手… |
[12:04] | I know you’re worried. | 我知道你很担心 |
[12:05] | Best thing we can do for them is to catch this guy. | 我们能为她们做的最有用的事就是抓住这家伙 |
[12:12] | Ransom killers are most often motivated by financial gain. | 索要赎金的杀手 动机通常是为了求财 |
[12:16] | Could this be a crime of opportunity? | 这次有没有可能是见财起意 |
[12:17] | Someone sees a million bucks offered up on TV | 某人在电视上看见有一百万奖金 |
[12:19] | and they jump on it? | 然后就心动了 |
[12:20] | That explains the hasty M.O. | 这也能解释其粗糙的手法 |
[12:21] | Slitting a throat is simple, straightforward. | 割喉很简单直接 |
[12:23] | You’re right. The killer didn’t savor the murder. | 你们说得对 凶手没有享受这场谋杀 |
[12:25] | This isn’t any sort of paraphilia. | 这不是什么性反常行为 |
[12:28] | And the money is definitely part of it, | 钱一定是其中的一个因素 |
[12:31] | but it’s not only about the money. | 但也并非只是关于钱 |
[12:33] | He wanted everyone to hear his demands. | 他想让所有人听见他的要求 |
[12:35] | – He’s after the notoriety. – Yes. | -他想要出名 -没错 |
[12:36] | Except he didn’t call a random newscast. | 但他并没有打给随便一个新闻广播 |
[12:38] | He called Ainsley, | 他打给了安斯莉 |
[12:40] | told her “The chickens are coming home to roost,” | 告诉她”人终将自食恶果” |
[12:42] | and then demanded money from our mother. | 然后向我们的母亲索要钱财 |
[12:44] | This killer has been wronged by the Whitlys. | 这个凶手受到过惠特利家的伤害 |
[12:48] | Okay, well, we’re gonna need a list | 好吧 那我们需要列出 |
[12:49] | of all the people connected to your father’s victims. | 所有和你父亲的受害者有关的人 |
[12:51] | That’s a long-ass list. | 这名单可就长了 |
[12:52] | – No offense. – None taken. | -无意冒犯 -没事 |
[12:54] | – Start with the Lehrer brothers. – Who? | -先查查莱勒兄弟 -谁 |
[12:56] | The Surgeon killed their mother in ’96, | 外科医生在1996年杀了他们的母亲 |
[12:59] | but he wasn’t connected with the crime for three years. | 但他在三年后才被捕 |
[13:00] | In the meantime they went to jail for it. | 在此期间 兄弟俩却因此入狱 |
[13:03] | My mother offered them a settlement. | 我妈曾提出给他们一笔和解金 |
[13:05] | She wanted to help them. | 她想帮助他们 |
[13:06] | They insisted on a jury trial and lost. | 但他们坚持上庭 然后败诉了 |
[13:08] | Financially motivated with a personal vendetta. | 带有私人复仇性质的金钱动机 |
[13:10] | – That fits. – JT and I will take them. | -符合侧写 -JT和我去找他们 |
[13:13] | Dani, you and Bright get down to ADN. | 黛妮 你和布莱特去《美国新闻直击》 |
[13:29] | Change of plans, Adolpho. | 计划有变 阿道波 |
[13:32] | Take me to the bank. | 送我去银行 |
[13:34] | When he calls back, | 等他打回来的时候 |
[13:35] | you need to keep him on the line as long as possible. | 你尽可能地拖住他 别让他挂电话 |
[13:37] | Let him ramble. | 让他说 |
[13:38] | Don’t interrupt. Try to tease out any details about his past. | 别打断 努力哄他透露关于他过往的细节 |
[13:42] | Oh. You mean, be a journalist? | 你指像记者那样是吧 |
[13:44] | I went to Columbia J School, Malcolm, | 我上的可是哥大新闻学院 马科姆 |
[13:46] | I know how to conduct an interview. | 我知道怎样做采访 |
[13:47] | This is different. | 这次不一样 |
[13:48] | You’re dealing with an active killer. | 你面对的是一个在逃的杀手 |
[13:50] | Yeah, well, interviewing killers is kind of my thing now, so… | 是啊 如今采访杀手可以算是我的专长了 |
[13:54] | – Joking. – This is a bad idea. | -开玩笑的 -这不是个好主意 |
[13:56] | Okay, don’t big brother me, Malcolm. | 行了 别摆哥哥架子说教了 马科姆 |
[13:58] | – I can handle it. – You’re not trained for this. | -我能应付 -你受的训练不是应付这个的 |
[14:01] | These people can get under your skin. | 这种人能激怒你 |
[14:03] | Oh, I see we’re going for maximum irony here. | 这真是极富讽刺意味 |
[14:06] | Do you think this is how I saw my first day going? | 你以为我预想中第一天当新闻主播是这样的吗 |
[14:09] | I did not ask to be put in the center of a crisis, | 我也不想被放到危机中心 |
[14:12] | but I am here, so I’m gonna do whatever I can | 但现在情况已然如此 所以我要尽一切努力 |
[14:14] | to help you catch this guy. Cool? | 帮你抓住这个人 好吗 |
[14:18] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[14:19] | Yeah. Let’s do this. | 嗯 我们上 |
[14:23] | A deranged killer called into… | 一个精神失常的杀手打电话进来… |
[14:25] | Ari Lehrer. | 阿里·莱勒 |
[14:26] | and asked to speak with our own Ainsley Whitly. | 要求和我台主播安斯莉·惠特利通话 |
[14:29] | Been following the Carousel Killer story? | 在看旋转木马杀手的报道呢 |
[14:34] | Yeah. So’s everyone in New York. | 是啊 纽约人人都在看 |
[14:37] | – Your brother around? – Noah’s out with a cold. | -你弟弟在吗 -诺亚感冒了 不在 |
[14:41] | Detectives. | 警探 |
[14:45] | Must feel pretty good, right? | 感觉挺好的吧 |
[14:47] | Someone messing with the Whitlys? | 看见有人在对付惠特利一家 |
[14:49] | I got nothing to do with any of this. | 我和这件事半毛钱关系都没有 |
[14:50] | We just want to ask you some questions. | 我们只是想问你一些问题 |
[14:52] | Last time you people asked me some questions, | 上次你们这群人问了我一些问题 |
[14:53] | you stole three years of my life. | 结果就偷走了我三年 |
[14:56] | I ain’t going through that again. | 这次我可不会再上当了 |
[14:57] | Then give us better answers. | 那就跟我们说实话 |
[14:59] | We know the killer has a grudge against the Whitly family. | 我们知道凶手对惠特利家族怀恨在心 |
[15:01] | And we know he had access | 我们也知道他手上 |
[15:02] | to high-end electronic equipment. | 有高端电子设备 |
[15:05] | You can see why that makes the two of you | 现在你能看出来我们为什么 |
[15:06] | pretty good suspects. | 怀疑你们俩了吧 |
[15:07] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么都没做 |
[15:09] | You said “I.” You didn’t say “We.” | 你说的是”我” 可没说”我们” |
[15:18] | I’ve been doing this a long time, Ari. | 我干这行很多年了 阿里 |
[15:21] | I can tell you’re holding something back. | 我能看出来你有所隐瞒 |
[15:23] | And I can also see that you’re afraid. | 我也能看出来你害怕了 |
[15:32] | Guy came in. | 那人来过 |
[15:34] | Maybe two, three weeks ago. | 大概两三周前 |
[15:35] | White guy, 40s. He knew who we were. | 白人 40多岁 他知道我们的背景 |
[15:38] | Said he had a plan to get back at the Whitlys. | 说他计划报复惠特利一家 |
[15:43] | – Asked for our help. – What’d you tell him? | -找我们帮忙 -你怎么回答的 |
[15:44] | I told him to piss off. | 我让他滚蛋 |
[15:47] | Trying to keep the past in the past. | 打算放下过去的恩怨了 |
[15:48] | – But your brother was interested. – He didn’t say. | -但你弟弟很感兴趣 -他没明说 |
[15:51] | But he’s been acting a little strange. | 但他最近举止反常 |
[15:53] | Calling in sick. | 请了病假 |
[15:54] | Hmm. That’s why you were glued to the TV. | 所以你才一直看电视 |
[15:56] | – You’re worried about him. – Eh, it’s just… | -你在担心他 -是因为 |
[15:59] | he can’t let it go. | 他一直放不下 |
[16:01] | We need to find your brother ASAP. | 我们需要尽快找到你弟弟 |
[16:03] | Can you help us do that? | 你能帮我们找他吗 |
[16:05] | You have a chance to stop him | 你现在还有机会阻止他 |
[16:07] | from losing more than three years. | 否则他失去的可就不仅是三年了 |
[16:13] | I can track his phone. | 我可以追踪他的手机 |
[16:22] | Bro? Pacing? | 哥 来回踱步 |
[16:24] | Not helping. | 帮倒忙 |
[16:27] | We’re cutting in again. | 我们要重新切入 |
[16:28] | – The killer’s on the line? – Well… | -联系上那个凶手了吗 -这个嘛 |
[16:31] | a killer’s on the line. | 联系上一个凶手了 |
[16:34] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[16:36] | I’m getting word that Dr. Martin Whitly, | 我得到消息称马丁·惠特利医生 |
[16:38] | also known as The Surgeon, | 也就是”外科医生” |
[16:40] | also known as my father, | 同时也是我爸爸 |
[16:42] | – is on the phone. – Hello. Uh… | -正在线上 -你好 |
[16:45] | – am I live? – Hello, Dr. Whitly. | -我上直播了吗 -你好 惠特利医生 |
[16:47] | Well, hello, Ainsley. Uh, first-time, longtime. | 你好啊 安斯莉 好久没跟你通过话了 |
[16:52] | I’m very excited to be here with you. | 非常高兴能上你的节目 |
[16:56] | – Hello, Dr. Whitly. – Hello, Ainsley. | -你好 惠特利医生 -你好啊 安斯莉 |
[17:01] | Look at that. It’s really you. | 听听 真的是你 |
[17:03] | So you’ll just put anything on the air? | 所以你们什么都播 |
[17:05] | If it bleeds, it leads? | 吃人血馒头 |
[17:06] | The Carousel Killer threatened to kill someone. | 旋转木马杀手威胁要杀人 |
[17:08] | My hands were tied. | 我也没办法 |
[17:09] | And it doesn’t hurt our ratings. | 况且这也不会拉低我们的收视率 |
[17:12] | Oh, that-that’s the photo you’re going with? | 你们就用这张图片吗 |
[17:14] | Well… | 好吧 |
[17:16] | It’s not my best angle, but, uh… c’est la vie. | 并不是我最好看的一张 不过 这就是人生嘛 |
[17:20] | Okay, Ainsley, see if you can steer him into a soundbite. | 好了 安斯莉 看看能否引导他多发表意见 |
[17:23] | Can I get one of those? | 能给我一副耳机吗 |
[17:25] | Dr. Whitly, why are you calling in, exactly? | 惠特利医生 你为什么打来 |
[17:27] | Because I want to help! | 因为我想帮忙啊 |
[17:29] | You know, just in case there are any NYPD consultants | 以防有任何纽约警局的顾问 |
[17:31] | out there that could benefit from my, uh, my insights. | 能从我的见解中获取启发 |
[17:35] | Well, Doctor, since this is apparently | 医生 既然这个节目 |
[17:37] | a call-in show now, sure. | 改做热线访谈了 |
[17:40] | – Let’s hear your insights. – Uh, well, | -那让我们听听你的见解吧 -这个嘛 |
[17:43] | profit-motivated killers have always mystified me. | 利益驱动的凶手一直都很让我很困惑 |
[17:46] | You know, taking a human life for something | 把人命看做是 |
[17:48] | as tawdry as money, uh… | 钱财这种庸俗的东西 |
[17:50] | but I guess that’s easy to say when your wife’s loaded. | 不过也能说得通 毕竟我妻子那么有钱 |
[17:54] | – Ex-wife. – Then again, uh, | -是前妻 -不过 |
[17:57] | I don’t think our killer | 我认为凶手 |
[17:58] | is motivated one whit by the money. | 根本不是受利益驱动的 |
[18:01] | In fact, it’s clear his motivation | 事实上 他的杀人动机 |
[18:04] | is all about, uh… | 很明显全部来自于 |
[18:08] | me. | 我 |
[18:10] | He’s a psychopath and a narcissist. | 他是个精神变态的自恋狂 |
[18:12] | Everything is always about him. | 一切都是围着他转的 |
[18:14] | Well, you are a diagnosed psychopath and narcissist. | 你被诊断为精神变态及自恋人格 |
[18:18] | Isn’t everything | 难道不是所有事 |
[18:19] | – always about you? – Well, that may be. | -都是围着你转的吗 -可能是吧 |
[18:22] | Uh, but even a broken psyche is right twice a day. | 不过就算表坏了 一天也有两次是准的嘛 |
[18:26] | And I’d bet my life that, uh, | 我拿自己的性命打赌 |
[18:29] | this Carousel Killer | 旋转木马杀手 |
[18:32] | is connected to one of my alleged victims. | 与我的一个疑似受害者有关 |
[18:36] | You don’t need to say “alleged” | 你都服刑了 |
[18:37] | when you’re already serving time. | 就不用再说”疑似”这种话了 |
[18:39] | Yeah, but it has such a beautiful ring to it, | 是 不过这样说更有感觉 |
[18:41] | – don’t you think? – Ainsley. | -你不觉得吗 -安斯莉 |
[18:43] | When you get a chance, ask him, | 等你找到机会 问他 |
[18:45] | why does he think the money doesn’t matter? | 为什么他认为钱并不重要 |
[18:47] | I have a question from one of our producers. | 我们的一位制片人有个问题 |
[18:49] | Why do you think the money doesn’t matter? | 你为什么认为钱不重要 |
[18:52] | A producer, really? | 制片人 真的吗 |
[18:55] | Astute question. | 这问题很敏锐 |
[18:57] | Uh, well, uh, it’s the ostentation of it all. | 因为这一切都太过流于表面了 |
[19:00] | You know, the, the dead body on the carousel, | 旋转木马上的死尸 |
[19:03] | calling into your program– there’s a, | 打电话进你的节目 |
[19:05] | there’s a performative quality about it that makes me think– | 这其中的表演成分让我感觉 |
[19:07] | and, you know, this is just one man’s opinion– | 不过这也只是我的看法 |
[19:09] | that, uh, this is all a distraction. | 这些都是幌子 |
[19:13] | You know, this killer really wants something else. | 凶手其实想要别的东西 |
[19:17] | – Ask him… – And what do you think | -问他 -那你觉得 |
[19:17] | the killer really wants? | 凶手其实想要什么 |
[19:24] | Oh… damn. | 哎呀 |
[19:24] | Looks like I’m out of phone time. | 我的电话时间好像结束了 |
[19:27] | But, you know, feel free to book me on a segment | 不过 你可以随时预约我的电话时间 |
[19:30] | anytime. | 随时都行 |
[19:31] | Bye, sweetheart! | 再见 亲爱的 |
[19:32] | Once again, that was The Surgeon, | 再次说明 刚刚与我通话的是”外科医生” |
[19:34] | Dr. Martin Whitly, | 马丁·惠特利医生 |
[19:36] | notorious serial killer. | 臭名昭著的连环杀手 |
[19:39] | And… clear. | 马上…结束 |
[19:41] | And embarrassing father. | 也是令我丢脸的父亲 |
[19:44] | Great job, Ainsley. | 做得好 安斯莉 |
[19:48] | Yes? | 你好 |
[19:51] | Is it the killer? | 是杀手吗 |
[19:54] | This is it. | 就看这次了 |
[19:55] | He wants to go on now. | 他想现在就直播连线 |
[19:59] | Okay, we’re back in five, people. | 好了 五秒后开始直播 各位 |
[20:06] | I’m Ainsley Whitly for ADN, | 我是《美国新闻直击》的安斯莉·惠特利 |
[20:07] | and I’m getting word that the Carousel Killer | 我刚刚得知旋转木马杀手 |
[20:10] | is back on the line. | 又拨通电话了 |
[20:12] | Sir, are you there? | 先生 你在吗 |
[20:13] | Are you enjoying this? | 你很享受这一切吗 |
[20:15] | I was hoping for a light first day. | 我本指望新工作第一天能轻松点 |
[20:17] | Then you called. | 结果你打来了 |
[20:18] | Well, I’m sure your ratings are soaring. | 我想你节目的收视率肯定在飙升 |
[20:20] | Just like a Whitly to profit off the misfortune of others. | 惠特利家的人就是这样 从他人痛苦中汲取利益 |
[20:23] | Jessica Whitly has done | 杰西卡·惠特利为这座城市 |
[20:24] | so much for this city, and she doesn’t deserve this. | 作出了大量贡献 她不该被这样对待 |
[20:27] | – No one does. – But they do. | -任何人都不应该 -他们就该 |
[20:29] | Admit it. | 承认吧 |
[20:30] | You people don’t care if some random stranger gets killed. | 你们这些人根本不在乎一个随机陌生人的死活 |
[20:33] | Of course I care. | 我当然在乎 |
[20:34] | And I don’t think that you’re in a place | 而且我认为你根本没有资格 |
[20:36] | to be making moral judgments. | 评判他人的道德水平 |
[20:37] | You literally have the word “Killer” in your name. | 毕竟你名字里就有”杀手”二字 |
[20:40] | Ains, listen. | 安斯 听着 |
[20:41] | He keeps saying “Random,” | 他一直强调”随机” |
[20:43] | but he burned the fingerprints off the victim in the park. | 但他烧掉了公园里那个受害者的指纹 |
[20:45] | He doesn’t want us to know who he was. | 他不想让我们知道他的身份 |
[20:47] | You know what I think? | 你知道我怎么认为吗 |
[20:49] | I think that maybe this victim wasn’t random at all. | 我认为这位受害者可能根本就不是随机选的 |
[20:52] | Enough small talk. Here are my instructions | 闲话少说 我有如下指示 |
[20:54] | – for Jessica Whitly. – Hold on! | -给杰西卡·惠特利 -等等 |
[20:56] | This is my show, and I ask the questions. | 这是我的节目 由我来提问 |
[20:58] | Who is that man you killed? | 你杀的那个人是谁 |
[20:59] | Tell me, or I will cut to commercial | 告诉我 否则我就切广告 |
[21:01] | and you won’t get your million dollars. | 你就拿不到你的百万奖金了 |
[21:06] | He was an accessory. | 他是个从犯 |
[21:09] | In 30 minutes, your mother will bring the money | 30分钟后 叫你母亲带着钱 |
[21:12] | to the place where she first met your father. | 去她第一次遇到你父亲的地方 |
[21:16] | Uh, I’m sorry, we have been disconnected. | 抱歉 电话挂断了 |
[21:19] | As you know, this is a developing situation, | 如你们所知 事件还在发展中 |
[21:22] | and ADN will continue to provide | 《美国新闻直击》会继续 |
[21:24] | updates as they come in. Again… | 更新最新消息 再次… |
[21:32] | – Hello, dear. Any updates? – Possibly. | -你好 亲爱的 有新消息吗 -可能有 |
[21:35] | I need you to tell me the spot where you first met Dad. | 我需要你告诉我 你第一次遇到爸爸的地方 |
[21:40] | Oh… who can remember? | 谁记得啊 |
[21:41] | That’s ancient history. | 都多少年前的事了 |
[21:45] | You’re planning to pay the ransom. | 你打算支付赎金 |
[21:47] | Don’t do this. It’s too dangerous. | 别这么做 太危险了 |
[21:49] | – Tell me the meeting spot. – Malcolm, | -告诉我地点 -马科姆 |
[21:51] | he’s left me no choice. | 他让我别无选择 |
[21:54] | I need to put an end to this | 我需要终结这件事 |
[21:55] | before any more blood is shed in our name. | 以免再有人因我们而受到伤害 |
[22:05] | And we’ll be back with more coverage after the break. | 广告过后 我们会带来更多报道 |
[22:08] | And clear. | 结束 |
[22:10] | – Where did Mom and Dad meet? – How am I supposed to know? | -爸妈第一次遇见是什么地方 -我怎么知道 |
[22:11] | It’s not exactly a story she was fond of telling. | 她也不会到处宣扬这种事 |
[22:14] | You think the killer knew her? | 你觉得杀手认识她吗 |
[22:16] | No. | 不 |
[22:18] | But she was a socialite. | 但她是社交名媛 |
[22:19] | They must’ve done a write-up on the wedding in The Times. | 《纽约时报》肯定评论过他们的婚礼 |
[22:21] | Those usually include how they met. | 那种文章一般都会提到他们是怎么认识的 |
[22:22] | – I’ll get my researchers on it. – Uh, no need. | -我让工作人员去查 -不用了 |
[22:25] | We got a lock on the killer’s phone. Those extra seconds did it. | 我们锁定杀手手机的位置了 多亏了你拖延时间 |
[22:57] | Hello? | 你好 |
[22:58] | Walk to the northwest corner. | 走到西北角 |
[23:11] | We’re closing in on Noah Lehrer. What do you got? | 我们快找到诺亚·莱勒了 你那边怎么样 |
[23:13] | We tracked the call. The killer’s in Stuyvesant Park. | 我们追踪了电话 杀手在史岱文森公园 |
[23:16] | That’s funny, so are we. | 巧了 我们也在 |
[23:18] | He’s here. | 他就在这里 |
[23:19] | I’ll take the east side. | 我去东边 |
[23:31] | Good. Now look up. | 很好 抬头看 |
[23:35] | The corner building. | 角落里的大楼 |
[23:38] | – Do you see us? – Yes, I see you. | -你看到我们了吗 -是 我看到了 |
[23:42] | Do exactly as I say, or I shove him over the edge. | 严格按我说的做 否则我就把他推下楼 |
[23:51] | Did you bring the money? | 钱带来了吗 |
[23:53] | – Of course I did. – Good. | -当然带了 -很好 |
[23:55] | I want you to dump it out. | 把钱都倒出来 |
[23:56] | You can’t be serious. | 你开玩笑的吧 |
[23:58] | Dump the money, or I dump the man. | 把钱倒出来 不然我就把人扔下来 |
[24:01] | – What? – Now! | -什么 -快点 |
[24:03] | Do you understand me? | 听懂了吗 |
[24:20] | That-that crazy lady’s throwing hundreds. | 那个疯女人在扔百元大钞 |
[24:32] | Are you happy? I did exactly what you said. | 你满意了吗 我按你说的做了 |
[24:37] | Jessica! | 杰西卡 |
[24:40] | Jessica! | 杰西卡 |
[24:42] | Are you okay? | 你没事吧 |
[24:47] | He did it anyway! | 他还是杀了人 |
[24:55] | That’s Noah Lehrer. Ari’s brother. | 那是诺亚·莱勒 阿里的弟弟 |
[24:58] | The killer was just on that roof, he can’t have gone far. | 凶手刚才还在屋顶上 他肯定逃不远 |
[25:03] | All right. You can’t stay here. | 好了 你得离开这 |
[25:05] | Okay? We got to go. | 知道吗 我们得走了 |
[25:08] | He did it anyway. | 他还是杀了人 |
[25:11] | Come on. Come on. | 快走 快走 |
[25:19] | We searched everywhere, but there’s no sign of him. | 我们搜遍了 但没找到他 |
[25:22] | Why? Why would anyone do that? | 为什么 为什么会有人这么做 |
[25:27] | You’d think I’d understand after all these years, but I don’t. | 还以为这么多年后我会理解 但我不理解 |
[25:29] | That’s a good thing. You’re not supposed to. | 这是好事 你不该理解 |
[25:32] | Adolpho’s here. | 阿道波来了 |
[25:33] | I’ll have uniformed officers waiting at home. | 我让警察在家等了 |
[25:34] | Wait, that’s it? | 等等 就这样吗 |
[25:36] | You’re not gonna scream at me for not listening to you both? | 你不会凶我没听你们俩的吗 |
[25:39] | It’s not your fault. It’s mine. | 这不是你的错 是我的 |
[25:41] | This guy’s been toying with us all day. | 这家伙耍了我们一整天 |
[25:43] | Go easy on yourself, both of you. | 别怪罪自己 你们俩都是 |
[25:47] | If I flew off the handle every time a Whitly went rogue on me, | 如果每次姓惠特利的擅作主张我都火冒三丈 |
[25:50] | I’d never get anything done. | 那我什么也干不成 |
[26:00] | Mom. | 妈 |
[26:02] | From now on, let the police deal with this. | 从现在开始 让警察来处理 |
[26:05] | Can you do that? | 你能做到吗 |
[26:07] | Just stop him. | 赶紧阻止他 |
[26:15] | Million dollars. | 一百万美元 |
[26:17] | Gone. | 就这样没了 |
[26:18] | Could’ve fixed my Le Mans with that. | 这钱都能修好我的勒芒跑车了 |
[26:21] | This is psychological warfare. | 这是心理战 |
[26:24] | The killer wanted to humiliate my mother | 凶手想羞辱我母亲 |
[26:26] | by flaunting his disregard for her wealth. | 展示他对她财富的不屑 |
[26:29] | He wanted my sister to look like some craven muckraker. | 他想让我妹妹看起来像探听丑闻的懦夫 |
[26:32] | According to Ari, he’s a white male, 40s. | 据阿里说 他是个40多岁的白人男性 |
[26:35] | I’ve already spoken to almost all of the family members | 我几乎跟你父亲所有的受害者家人 |
[26:38] | of your father’s victims – so far that’s a dead end. | 都一一谈过了 目前为止没有发现 |
[26:41] | Still no ID on the body on the carousel? | 旋转木马的尸体还是不知道身份 |
[26:42] | DNA didn’t match anyone in the system. | DNA在系统里没找到匹配 |
[26:45] | The killer said he was an “accessory.” | 杀手称他是个”从犯” |
[26:49] | To him or my father? | 是他的 还是我父亲的 |
[26:54] | – Where are you going? – To ask him myself. | -你去哪 -亲自问他 |
[27:17] | Adolpho, you found my purse? | 阿道波 你找到我的手包了 |
[27:20] | What purse, ma’am? | 什么手包 夫人 |
[27:32] | Don’t hang up. | 别挂断 |
[27:34] | Don’t warn the driver. If you do, she will die. | 别警告司机 如果你这么做 她就会死 |
[27:40] | Who? | 谁会死 |
[27:41] | There’s a picture in your purse. | 你包里有张照片 |
[27:53] | Why are you doing this? | 你为什么要这么做 |
[27:54] | Because you understand the pain your husband inflicted, | 因为你理解你丈夫造成的痛苦 |
[27:58] | and now you can help stop it. | 而现在你能阻止 |
[28:00] | – How do you propose I do that? – You passed my last test. | -你说我要怎么做 -你通过了我上次测试 |
[28:04] | Means I can trust you. | 意味着我能相信你 |
[28:06] | In your purse, there’s a ceramic weapon. | 在你的包里 有个陶瓷武器 |
[28:09] | The metal detectors won’t catch it. | 金属探测仪测不到 |
[28:20] | What are you asking me to do? | 你想让我干什么 |
[28:22] | Once you’re alone in the cell, | 等你单独进牢房后 |
[28:23] | stab Martin Whitly in the heart. | 刺入马丁·惠特利的心脏 |
[28:26] | I have eyes everywhere. | 我到处都有眼线 |
[28:29] | I’ll know if it’s done. | 我知道是否事成了 |
[28:31] | If he’s not dead within 30 minutes, the hostage will die. | 如果他30分钟内没死 人质就得死 |
[28:34] | If you warn the authorities, the hostage will die. | 如果你通知警方 人质就得死 |
[28:37] | Is that clear? | 明白了吗 |
[28:39] | I can’t do this. | 我做不到 |
[28:41] | Yes, you can. | 你可以的 |
[28:43] | That’s why I chose you. | 所以我选择了你 |
[28:46] | This is an opportunity to do what you’ve always wanted to, | 这是个机会 让你了却多年的心愿 |
[28:50] | to kill The Surgeon. | 杀死”外科医生” |
[29:11] | My boy. | 我的儿子 |
[29:14] | Oh, it’s so good to see you. | 见到你真好 |
[29:17] | How was vacay? Tell me everything. | 假度得怎么样 快告诉我 |
[29:21] | Did you know this man? | 你认识这个人吗 |
[29:23] | You want to talk about work. Okay. | 你想谈工作 好吧 |
[29:27] | I don’t think so. | 我想不认识 |
[29:28] | I mean, it’s hard to tell with the postmortem bloating. Why? | 这死后发胀的惨样 让人难以辨认 怎么了 |
[29:30] | I think he’s somehow connected to one of your victims. | 我想他与你其中一个受害者有关 |
[29:33] | Well… you know more about my victims than anyone. Start there. | 你比任何人都了解我的受害者 从那入手 |
[29:38] | You’ve already done that. | 你已经这么做了 |
[29:41] | None of their families match our killer, | 他们的家人都与凶手不符 |
[29:44] | at least not one of the 23 that everybody knows about. | 至少是我们已知的23个受害者家人 |
[29:48] | But what about the others? | 但其他人呢 |
[29:51] | Now, who says there are others? | 谁说还有其他人 |
[29:54] | People have always speculated, | 大家一直有所怀疑 |
[29:57] | and I know there’s at least one more. | 而且我知道至少还有一人 |
[30:05] | Did you see my appearance on Ainsley’s show? | 你看到我在安斯莉节目里的表现了吗 |
[30:07] | Not bad, right? | 还不赖 对吧 |
[30:09] | I mean, I’m no Regis, at least not yet. | 我虽然比不上雷吉斯 暂时比不上 |
[30:13] | Are you sure you’ve never seen him before? | 你确定之前从没见过他 |
[30:20] | Nope. I’m sorry. | 没有 抱歉 |
[30:25] | Damn it. I got to go. | 该死 我得走了 |
[30:26] | Don’t leave angry. I want to help. | 别生着气走啊 我想帮忙 |
[30:28] | Malcolm. | 马科姆 |
[30:30] | Well, | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[30:32] | this truly is my lucky day. | 今天真是我的幸运日啊 |
[30:38] | I need to talk to your father, | 我得跟你父亲谈谈 |
[30:41] | alone. | 单独谈谈 |
[30:46] | Jessie, darling, we were not expecting you. | 杰西 亲爱的 我们没想到你会来 |
[30:50] | Not that I’m complaining. | 我倒是没意见 |
[30:52] | Oh, gosh, when was the last time | 天啊 上一次 |
[30:55] | the three of us were together like this? | 我们三人在一起是什么时候了 |
[30:57] | Could it be at that pumpkin patch in Ossining? | 是在奥西宁的南瓜地吗 |
[31:00] | It was your murder trial. | 是你的谋杀案庭审 |
[31:03] | Ah, yes. You’re right. | 没错 你说得对 |
[31:06] | Oh, good times. | 真是美好时光啊 |
[31:10] | Why are you here, Mother? | 你来做什么 妈 |
[31:13] | I have something urgent to discuss with your father. | 我有急事要跟你爸商量 |
[31:16] | I just need a minute alone with him. | 我只需要跟他单独待会 |
[31:18] | Well, as much as it pains me to say this, | 尽管我不想这么说 |
[31:19] | I don’t think I’m allowed a conjugal visit right now. | 但我好像不被允许有配偶探访 |
[31:22] | I’m a little on thin ice when it comes to privileges. | 在享有特权的问题上 我是如履薄冰的 |
[31:28] | I’m very familiar with your stress reactions. | 我很熟悉你的应激反应 |
[31:32] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[31:36] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[31:37] | Did the killer contact you? | 凶手联系你了吗 |
[31:41] | He’s holding something over your head. What is it? | 他在用什么事威胁你 是什么 |
[31:44] | Look at him go, dear. | 瞧瞧他 亲爱的 |
[31:46] | Profiler extraordinaire. | 杰出的侧写师啊 |
[31:47] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[31:50] | What happened? | 发生什么了 |
[31:50] | Go. I am begging you, go. | 走 我求你了 快走 |
[31:54] | You’re working up your nerve. | 你在给自己壮胆 |
[31:57] | There’s something he wants you to do. | 他想让你做什么事情 |
[32:00] | That’s your purse from the park. The one you lost. | 这是公园的那个手包 你丢的那个 |
[32:03] | What’s in there? | 里面有什么 |
[32:04] | I’m quite certain, son, | 我很确定 孩子 |
[32:05] | you’re not supposed to ask a lady that. | 你不该问女士那个问题的 |
[32:09] | You’re here to kill him. | 你是来杀他的 |
[32:11] | Sorry, what’s that now? | 不好意思 现在是什么情况 |
[32:21] | He says your father has to die. | 他说你父亲必须死 |
[32:25] | You’re not working with a clear head. | 你现在头脑不清醒 |
[32:27] | The killer’s gotten under your skin. | 那个杀人犯控制住你了 |
[32:29] | You’re not going to do this. | 你不会这样做的 |
[32:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:32] | How do you know that I won’t? | 你怎么知道我不会这么做 |
[32:34] | Because you’re a good person. | 因为你是个好人 |
[32:36] | And going through with this makes you like him. | 而且做了这件事 你就会沦落到跟他一样 |
[32:39] | And you are nothing like him. | 你跟他才不一样 |
[32:42] | Oh, I wouldn’t be so sure of that, Malcolm. | 我可不敢确定 马科姆 |
[32:44] | I can see a look in her eyes. | 我能看出她眼中的杀意 |
[32:58] | Ainsley. | 安斯莉 |
[33:00] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[33:04] | What happens next time somebody’s taken? | 下次有人再被挟持怎么办 |
[33:06] | Are we gonna give every killer this platform? | 我们要给每个杀人犯提供这个平台吗 |
[33:08] | All they have to do is call in and we put them on TV? | 他们只要拨个电话 我们就把他们接进直播 |
[33:10] | You know we did a six share today? | 你知道我们今天拿了6个点的收视率吗 |
[33:12] | People died. | 有人死了 |
[33:15] | You reported the news. That’s the job. | 你只管报道新闻 这是你的工作 |
[33:18] | And you’re great at it. | 而且你很擅长 |
[33:24] | What’s the matter? | 怎么了 |
[33:26] | My family. | 我家人 |
[33:28] | They’re not answering. | 他们没有回应 |
[33:35] | We should call Gil. | 我们该打给吉尔 |
[33:36] | No. The killer will know if I call the police. | 不 如果报警杀手会知道的 |
[33:38] | And he will know if I don’t go through with it. | 如果我没动手 他也会知道 |
[33:40] | How was he planning to verify? | 他打算怎么核实 |
[33:41] | Did he give you any sort of camera? | 他给你什么监视器了吗 |
[33:42] | No, he just said that I have 30 minutes to go through with it, | 不 他只说了我有30分钟时间动手 |
[33:45] | and if I don’t, an innocent woman will die. | 如果我不动手 一名无辜的女性就会死 |
[33:47] | Here. See for yourself. | 给 你自己看吧 |
[33:52] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[33:54] | – He didn’t say. – That’s Cathy Paul. | -他没说 -那是凯西·保罗 |
[33:57] | I used to do the occasional surgery at Tarrytown Medical Center. | 我以前偶尔在塔利镇医学中心做手术 |
[33:59] | Cathy was a, an OR nurse there. | 凯西是那里的手术室护士 |
[34:02] | Actually, d-do you have that other photo? | 你有另外那张照片吗 |
[34:09] | Well, now I see it. That’s Dr. Jack Weaver. | 现在我看出来了 那是杰克·韦弗医生 |
[34:11] | He assisted me with the procedures. | 他协助我做手术 |
[34:12] | Man had terrible breath. | 口气很臭 |
[34:14] | Oh, I shouldn’t speak ill of the dead. | 我不该说死人坏话的 |
[34:17] | Did anybody ever die on your table there? | 有人曾经死在你的手术台上吗 |
[34:18] | Only one. Uh, Amelia Wheaton. | 只有一个 艾米莉亚·惠顿 |
[34:20] | Congenital heart defect. She never had a chance. | 先天性心脏缺陷 她根本没有存活的机会 |
[34:23] | Did you purposely kill her? | 你是故意杀了她吗 |
[34:24] | I never hurt a patient on purpose. | 我绝对不会故意伤害病人的 |
[34:26] | I followed the Hippocratic Oath to the letter. | 我严格遵守希波克拉底誓言 |
[34:30] | Albeit with one small asterisk. | 除了一个极小的特殊情况 |
[34:32] | We’ve been looking for someone connected to your victims, | 我们一直在找和你受害人有关的人 |
[34:35] | but this killer is connected to one of your patients. | 但其实这个杀手跟你的病人有关 |
[34:38] | And he blames Cathy, too. | 而且他也责怪凯西 |
[34:40] | In-in his eyes, she’s an accessory to murder. | 在他眼里 她是从犯 |
[34:43] | Malcolm, what are we going to do? | 马科姆 我们该怎么办 |
[34:44] | – I just need a minute to think. – We don’t have a minute. | -我需要点时间思考 -我们没那么多时间了 |
[34:46] | A good woman dies so that a bad man can live? | 一个无辜的女性就此送命 就为了放过一个坏人 |
[34:49] | You know, I consulted on three operations this week. | 要知道 我这周为三例手术提供了咨询 |
[34:52] | Three. Saved lives. | 三条生命被拯救了 |
[34:54] | I mean, maybe I’m the good person. | 也许我是个好人 |
[34:55] | You’re not… | 你不是 |
[34:58] | a good person. | 好人 |
[35:05] | He tried to kill me when I was ten years old. | 我十岁的时候他试图杀死我 |
[35:09] | I found the girl. | 我发现了那个女孩 |
[35:11] | I’d learned what he was. | 我知道了他的真面目 |
[35:14] | And he wanted to silence me. | 他想让我闭嘴 |
[35:15] | This is John Watkins told him this. | 这是约翰·沃特金斯告诉他的 |
[35:17] | He’s taking the word of a serial killer over… | 他宁可相信连环杀手的话 也不信… |
[35:19] | Over who? | 也不信谁 |
[35:20] | A serial killer? You bastard. | 一个连环杀手吗 你个混蛋 |
[35:34] | Yes, it’s true. | 没错 |
[35:38] | I took you up to the cabin to kill you. | 我带你去小木屋是想杀了你 |
[35:42] | The chloroform had lost its efficacy, so I thought I’d… | 当时麻醉剂已经失效了 所以我就想着… |
[35:46] | nip it in the bud. | 防患于未然 |
[35:49] | But… | 但… |
[35:51] | I couldn’t bring myself to go through with it. | 我下不了手 |
[35:56] | That was my choice. | 那是我做的选择 |
[35:57] | And God knows I’ve been paying for it ever since. | 上天作证 自那之后我一直为此付出代价 |
[36:01] | You made sure of that. | 你确保了这一点 |
[36:04] | I never imagined | 我从没想过 |
[36:06] | my opinion of you could drop any lower. | 我对你的藐视还能再创新低 |
[36:11] | We’re out of time. | 我们没时间了 |
[36:15] | Well, the solution is clear. | 解决方法很明确 |
[36:19] | If this man told you to kill me, then kill me. | 如果这男人叫你杀了我 那就杀了我 |
[36:25] | What? | 什么 |
[36:26] | You heard. | 你听见我说的话了 |
[36:29] | I’m the villain here. | 我是恶人 |
[36:31] | The monster. | 冷血怪物 |
[36:34] | So vanquish me. | 那就铲除我吧 |
[36:36] | I hereby put myself on the chopping block. | 我在此把自己置于砧板上 |
[36:40] | Don’t be such a martyr. | 别逞烈士 |
[36:42] | Come on, boy! | 快啊 孩子 |
[36:47] | Remember Old Jeb Waller. | 记得杰布·沃勒吗 |
[36:51] | – What would he do? – Who? | -他会怎么做 -谁 |
[37:02] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[37:10] | Well, look at that. | 瞧啊 |
[37:13] | Steady as a statue. | 手像雕塑一样稳 |
[37:14] | No, no. No, no, no, no, no. | 不 不 不行 |
[37:18] | Malcolm. Malcolm, you do not have to do this. | 马科姆 马科姆 你不非得这么做 |
[37:22] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[37:25] | It’s the only way. | 这是唯一的办法 |
[37:26] | My boy. | 我的儿子 |
[38:04] | My boy. | 我的儿子 |
[38:38] | Stop. | 站住 |
[38:45] | Cory Wheaton, you’re under arrest. | 科里·惠顿 你被捕了 |
[38:53] | Where’s the hostage? | 人质在哪 |
[38:54] | How did you find me? | 你们怎么找到我的 |
[38:55] | I was wondering how you’d know Martin Whitly was dead. | 我很纳闷 你要怎么确定马丁·惠特利死了呢 |
[38:58] | The cameras at Claremont are ancient, impossible to hack. | 克莱蒙特的摄像头很老旧 无法黑入 |
[39:03] | They haven’t hired new guards there in years. | 他们很多年没雇用过新守卫 |
[39:05] | So what they don’t have: an operating room. | 他们所没有的 是手术室 |
[39:08] | A morgue. | 停尸房 |
[39:10] | This hospital handles both. | 这家医院负责这两项 |
[39:13] | So all you needed was some stolen scrubs and a badge. | 所以你只需偷一套手术服和工作证 |
[39:20] | Your wife Amelia… had a heart condition. | 你妻子艾米莉亚有心脏病 |
[39:24] | Martin Whitly tried to save her. | 马丁·惠特利是想救她 |
[39:26] | He murdered her. | 他杀了她 |
[39:29] | For what it’s worth, | 不管怎么说 |
[39:30] | The Surgeon never killed any of his patients. | “外科医生”从没杀死过他任何病人 |
[39:32] | That’s a lie. | 你说谎 |
[39:34] | There’s just one thing I can’t figure out. | 只有一件事我没想明白 |
[39:36] | Why now? | 为什么现在才报复 |
[39:38] | I thought I’d moved on. | 我本以为自己放下了 |
[39:41] | But then there’s this interview and a news conference. | 然后我看到那个采访和记者招待会 |
[39:44] | Suddenly, it’s the Whitlys everywhere, | 忽然之间 惠特利家的人无处不在 |
[39:47] | reminding me of Amelia and everything I lost. | 让我想起了艾米莉亚 和我所失去的一切 |
[39:53] | Why do they get to be happy? | 他们凭什么就能快乐 |
[39:56] | We don’t. | 我们不快乐 |
[40:00] | We never have. | 从没快乐过 |
[40:03] | We feel the same pain as you do. | 我们感受到的痛苦和你一样深 |
[40:06] | The kind that never goes away. | 那种痛苦永远不会消失 |
[40:10] | But we don’t go murdering people. | 但我们不会去谋杀其他人 |
[40:12] | You’re the son. | 你是他的儿子 |
[40:15] | Malcolm. | 马科姆 |
[40:22] | It looks like your mother followed my instructions perfectly. | 看样子你母亲完全遵照我的指示做了 |
[40:25] | Where’s Cathy? | 凯西在哪 |
[40:26] | – All right. Bright, easy. – Where’s the nurse? | -布莱特 冷静点 -那个护士在哪 |
[40:28] | I always knew your mother had it in her. | 我一直都知道你母亲有那胆量 |
[40:31] | Where is Cathy? | 凯西在哪 |
[40:33] | Why should I tell you? She helped that monster. | 我为什么要告诉你 她是那冷血怪物的帮凶 |
[40:36] | You’re the monster! How do you explain Noah? | 你才是冷血怪物 你怎么解释诺亚的事 |
[40:38] | He had nothing to do with your wife’s death. | 他和你妻子的死毫无关系 |
[40:41] | You’ll tell yourself anything to help justify what you’ve done. | 你为了替自己的行为开脱 不惜自欺欺人 |
[40:45] | Cathy Paul? | 凯西·保罗 |
[40:47] | She’s not a murderer, she’s not an accessory. | 她不是杀人犯 也不是从犯 |
[40:51] | She’s just an innocent person. | 她只是个无辜的人 |
[40:57] | Where does it stop? | 你何时才能停手 |
[41:02] | 42 Briggs. Apartment 12. | 布里格斯街42号 12号公寓 |
[41:06] | 16 Squad Central. | 16小队呼叫指挥中心 |
[41:07] | Need a hostage recover, 42 Briggs, Apartment 12. | 需要解救人质 布里格斯街42号 12号公寓 |
[41:10] | I did you a favor tonight, Malcolm. | 我今晚帮了你一个大忙 马科姆 |
[41:12] | You’re free of him. | 你摆脱他了 |
[41:15] | Your father’s dead. | 你父亲死了 |
[41:23] | Do you remember Jebediah Waller? | 你记得杰布戴亚·沃勒吗 |
[41:27] | Why do I know that name? | 为什么听着很耳熟 |
[41:29] | The St. Paul’s Stabber. | 圣保罗的刺人犯 |
[41:31] | He tried improvisation. | 他即兴发挥 |
[41:33] | He stabbed a No. 2 pencil into the heart of a local sheriff. | 用一支2号铅笔刺入了当地警长的心脏 |
[41:37] | I know this story. Uh, he pierced the cop’s myocardium | 我知道这件事 他刺穿了那警察的心肌层 |
[41:41] | a centimeter beneath the seventh intercostal. | 就在第七肋间往下一厘米处 |
[41:43] | And the cop lived. | 那警察没死 |
[41:44] | I still can’t believe he was okay. | 我仍然不敢相信他居然没事 |
[41:47] | You know, there is a, there is a point | 其实心脏有一处 |
[41:48] | where you can pierce the heart, | 被刺穿后 |
[41:50] | uh, and not disrupt a single coronary artery. | 却不会伤及半根冠状动脉 |
[41:53] | So, in effect, you know, you can be stabbed right here | 所以实际上 你被刺入这个地方 |
[41:56] | and somehow emerge perfectly fine. | 也能莫名地安然无恙 |
[42:06] | I need you to come down to the hospital, Ains. | 你得赶来医院 安斯 |
[42:08] | It’s Dad. | 是爸爸出事了 |
[42:12] | See you soon. Bye. | 等会见 再见 |
[42:21] | Kid, what happened at Claremont? | 孩子 在克莱蒙特发生了什么 |
[42:24] | Jessica stabbed him? You were there? | 是杰西卡刺伤他的吗 你当时在场吗 |
[42:33] | Where is she? | 她在哪 |
[42:35] | Is she all right? | 她没事吧 |
[42:36] | JT and Dani are talking to her down at the precinct. | JT和黛妮正在分局向她问话 |
[42:41] | And I’m talking to you now. | 而我现在在问你 |
[42:47] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[42:55] | It was the only way. | 那是唯一的办法 |
[43:00] | But, naturally, | 但是自然 |
[43:01] | the margin for error is nil. | 绝不能有一丝误差 |
[43:04] | I mean, if you miss the target, the heart will fail, | 如果没刺中 心脏就会衰竭 |
[43:07] | and no surgeon, not even me, can save you then. | 到时没有任何外科医生能救你 连我也不能 |
[43:13] | It’s like, uh, threading the eye of a needle. | 这就像穿过针眼 |