时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:07] | Why are you here, Mother? | 你来做什么 妈 |
[00:08] | The Carousel Killer | 旋转木马杀手 |
[00:09] | said that I have 30 minutes to go through with it. | 说我有30分钟时间动手 |
[00:12] | You’re here to kill him. | 你是来杀他的 |
[00:13] | Well, the solution is clear. | 解决方法很明确 |
[00:15] | If this man told you to kill me… | 如果这男人叫你杀了我 |
[00:18] | then kill me. | 那就杀了我 |
[00:20] | It’s the only way. | 这是唯一的办法 |
[00:27] | Bright? | 布莱特 |
[00:29] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[00:32] | He’s in a coma? | 他陷入昏迷了 |
[00:35] | Secondary to anoxic injury, | 缺氧损伤造成的 |
[00:36] | which means there was a sudden cessation | 就是大脑突然 |
[00:38] | of oxygen to the brain. | 缺氧 |
[00:41] | So, a coma. | 就是昏迷咯 |
[00:43] | Yeah. | 对 |
[00:46] | What are those? | 那是什么 |
[00:49] | Apparently… | 看来 |
[00:51] | my father listed me as his health care proxy. | 我父亲把我列为了健康代理人 |
[00:56] | And gave me power of attorney. | 给了我委托权 |
[00:59] | God knows why. | 天知道为什么 |
[01:01] | Sounds kind of important. | 似乎挺重要的 |
[01:03] | Well, I don’t want it. | 我不想要 |
[01:04] | And I don’t want to talk about it. | 我也不想谈了 |
[01:09] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[01:15] | What do you think he’s dreaming about? | 你觉得他在梦到什么 |
[01:16] | Coma patients… | 昏迷病人 |
[01:18] | can’t actually have dreams. | 其实并不做梦 |
[01:21] | But they do have vivid hallucinations, | 但他们会有很逼真的幻觉 |
[01:23] | which can feel like horrible nightmares. | 感觉会很像可怕的噩梦 |
[01:26] | So karma does exist. | 那么报应是真的 |
[01:29] | What would a nightmare even look like | 他那样的男人 |
[01:31] | for a man like him? | 能做什么样的噩梦 |
[01:34] | Well, I-I think it’s peripheral vascular disease, | 我觉得是周围性血管疾病 |
[01:37] | but I can do another test. | 但我可以再做个检测 |
[01:39] | But I know I’m right. | 但我知道我是对的 |
[01:41] | Have a great day. | 祝你愉快 |
[01:50] | Hello there. | 你好啊 |
[01:53] | Everything okay? | 你没事吧 |
[01:54] | I twisted my ankle. | 我扭伤了脚踝 |
[01:56] | It’s my fault, I wasn’t paying attention. | 怪我自己 我没留心 |
[02:00] | Uh, well… I’m a doctor. | 我是个医生 |
[02:03] | Can I take a look? | 我可以给你看看吗 |
[02:04] | – Yeah. – Yeah? | -好啊 -好吗 |
[02:10] | May I? | 可以吗 |
[02:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[02:20] | Okay, you see this ligament here? | 好 看这里的韧带 |
[02:22] | Well, it’s just a sprain. | 这只是扭伤 |
[02:24] | No need to amputate. | 不用截肢了 |
[02:27] | My hero. | 我的大英雄 |
[02:28] | Please. I’m Martin. | 别客气 我是马丁 |
[02:30] | You know, I-I live just a block from here, | 我就住在一个街区外 |
[02:33] | if you want to make a call. | 你需要打电话吗 |
[02:34] | I-I’m sorry I don-I don’t have a-a phone on me. | 很抱歉我没随身带手机 |
[02:38] | Yeah. | 好 |
[02:40] | – That’d be nice. – Okay. | -那太好了 -好 |
[02:48] | I understand, Gil, but I was… | 我理解 吉尔 但我 |
[02:51] | Oh, what is the legal term? | 法律术语叫什么 |
[02:52] | – Under duress. – Under duress. Thank you. | -受胁迫 -受胁迫 谢谢 |
[02:55] | The Carousel Killer had threatened innocent lives | 旋转木马杀手拿无辜者的生命做威胁 |
[02:57] | if I did not stab Martin Whitly myself. | 要我亲手刺伤马丁·惠特利 |
[03:01] | And since no formal charges | 既然也没提出 |
[03:02] | – have been filed… – Yet. | -正式起诉 -暂时还没 |
[03:03] | and the real killer is in custody, | 而真正凶手也被羁押了 |
[03:05] | I should be free and clear. | 我应该可以走了 |
[03:07] | So why do I feel like there is an ax hanging over my head? | 所以我为什么还觉得危机尚未解除 |
[03:10] | Because there’s an ax hanging over your head. | 因为确实没有 |
[03:12] | – Is that helpful? – The only reason | -说这有用吗 -你妈妈 |
[03:13] | your mother isn’t in cuffs right now | 现在没被铐起来的唯一原因 |
[03:14] | is because the investigation is still pending. | 是因为调查还在继续 |
[03:17] | The D.A. has final say. | 地检官能做最终决定 |
[03:18] | And if he doesn’t see it as self-defense, | 如果他不将其视为自卫 |
[03:20] | criminal charges will follow. | 你会遭到刑事起诉的 |
[03:21] | You need a lawyer, Jessica. | 你需要律师 杰西卡 |
[03:24] | We have a family lawyer that I trust. | 我们有我信任的家族律师 |
[03:26] | But not a criminal defense attorney, | 但不是刑事辩护律师 |
[03:28] | and we need one of those, right? | 我们需要那个 是吧 |
[03:29] | You need the best one of those. | 你需要最好的 |
[03:31] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[03:34] | What did you think was going to happen | 你以为你杀人未遂之后 |
[03:35] | after you tried to kill someone? | 会怎么样啊 |
[03:37] | Oh, I didn’t… | 我没… |
[03:37] | You went to Claremont without telling us. | 你不告诉我们就去了克莱蒙特 |
[03:40] | No one but Malcolm saw what really happened. | 除了马科姆 没有别人看到了事发经过 |
[03:47] | I stabbed him, end of story. | 我捅了他 就是这样 |
[03:49] | Mother, can I speak to you alone for a minute? | 妈妈 我能单独跟你说句话吗 |
[04:02] | You can’t take the fall for me. | 你不能替我背锅 |
[04:04] | Oh, so dramatic, darling– “Take the fall.” | 真夸张 亲爱的 “背锅” |
[04:06] | Who are you, Al Capone? | 你是谁啊 黑帮大佬阿尔·卡彭吗 |
[04:07] | It was one thing to buy me extra time to find the killer, | 为我争取时间找到凶手是一回事 |
[04:09] | but now he’s been caught. We can tell the truth. | 但现在他被逮住了 我们能说实话了 |
[04:12] | I stabbed my father in the heart. | 是我捅了我父亲的心脏 |
[04:14] | But I am the one that The Carousel Killer contacted | 但旋转木马杀手联系的是我 |
[04:16] | and I am the one with the resources to fight this. | 我也是有资源抵抗起诉的人 |
[04:18] | The worst thing we could do right now is change our story. | 我们现在最坏的做法就是改变说法 |
[04:22] | Look, please. | 拜托了 |
[04:24] | Let me be your mother. | 让我当好你妈吧 |
[04:26] | There’s been so much I haven’t been able | 我有太多次没能及时 |
[04:27] | to protect my children from. | 保护我的孩子 |
[04:28] | Let me protect you from this. | 这次让我保护你吧 |
[04:30] | Sorry to interrupt. | 抱歉打扰下 |
[04:32] | We just got a call from Edrisa. | 刚接到了艾德里莎的电话 |
[04:34] | There’s a case. | 有案子了 |
[04:35] | Oh, perfect. | 太好了 |
[04:36] | You need a distraction. | 你需要分分心 |
[04:38] | Your father’s in a coma, after all. | 你父亲还在昏迷嘛 |
[04:40] | I’m not even thinking about that. | 我都没在想那个 |
[04:41] | If only that were true. | 如果是真的就好了 |
[04:55] | The Fourth Precinct still has jurisdiction, | 第四分局目前还有管辖权 |
[04:57] | but I told them as soon as Major Crimes sees this, | 但我跟他们说了 只要重案组看到 |
[04:59] | they’ll be all over it. | 肯定会咬着不放的 |
[05:00] | Great, I’m sure the guys at the Fourth just love that. | 很好 四局的人肯定高兴死了 |
[05:03] | They-they didn’t seem to, actually. | 看起来好像并没有 |
[05:06] | I’ll smooth it over. | 我去缓和一下 |
[05:16] | Wow, nice crime scene. | 这犯罪现场真整洁 |
[05:18] | Nothing’s out of place. | 一切都在原本的位置上 |
[05:19] | There’s even fresh flowers. | 甚至还有鲜花 |
[05:22] | Hmm. It’s like the killer didn’t want | 就好像凶手完全不想 |
[05:23] | to disturb this man’s life at all. | 打乱他受害者的生活 |
[05:25] | Sir. | 先生 |
[05:28] | You can’t sit in the middle of the… | 你不能坐在… |
[05:32] | Damn. | 我靠 |
[05:35] | Is that the body? | 那是尸体吗 |
[05:37] | I think so. | 应该是 |
[05:40] | He is dead, right? | 他死了 对吧 |
[05:42] | He looks like he was killed, like, five minutes ago. | 他看起来就像五分钟前才刚被杀 |
[05:44] | Try three days ago! | 已经三天了 |
[05:45] | What did I tell you? | 我说什么来着 |
[05:46] | It’s a cool case, right? | 这案子很酷 对吧 |
[05:47] | Very cool. | 非常酷 |
[05:50] | Thank you, Edrisa. | 谢谢 艾德里莎 |
[05:51] | Vic’s name is Kevin Bagley. | 受害者叫凯文·巴格利 |
[05:53] | He is a wealthy investor to some local companies. | 他是个富豪 投资了一些本地的公司 |
[05:56] | Neighbors hadn’t seen him for a week, so… | 邻居们有一周没见过他了 所以… |
[05:59] | I’m guessing that means he’s been preserved | 我猜这说明他一直以某种方式 |
[06:02] | in some way? | 被保存着 |
[06:04] | Given his rosy skin tone | 考虑到他红润的肤色 |
[06:06] | and the lack of desiccation, | 而且并没有缺水 |
[06:08] | I would say that he has been embalmed. | 我推测他被做了防腐处理 |
[06:11] | Plus… there’s makeup on his face. | 还有 他脸上有化妆品 |
[06:17] | – Check that. – Yikes. | -看啊 -恶心 |
[06:20] | So the killer used foundation | 所以凶手用粉底 |
[06:21] | to cover up the cause of death? | 掩盖了死因 |
[06:23] | Or to improve his appearance. | 或者是为了让他更好看 |
[06:26] | Look closely. | 仔细看 |
[06:28] | He didn’t just cover the wound. | 他不只是盖住了伤口 |
[06:30] | He covered up his pimples, | 还盖住了他的痘痘 |
[06:32] | evened out his skin tone. | 还把肤色调整均匀了 |
[06:34] | Yeah, it’s like a celebrity makeup job. | 是啊 看起来像给明星化妆似的 |
[06:36] | Look at the way he’s posed. | 看看他被摆出的姿势 |
[06:38] | With his arm draped on the couch, | 他的胳膊搭在沙发上 |
[06:40] | facing the fireplace. | 面对着壁炉 |
[06:42] | Like someone was sitting with him. | 就好像曾经有人坐在他身边 |
[06:43] | This murder is about what happened after the kill. | 这起谋杀的重点是他被杀之后的事 |
[06:45] | This required time, care, affection. | 这需要时间 照料 和喜爱 |
[06:50] | And a lot of close, | 而且要跟尸体 |
[06:52] | physical contact with a corpse. | 进行许多密切的身体接触 |
[06:54] | – Don’t say it. – Don’t say it. | -求你别说 -求你别说 |
[06:56] | We may be looking for a necrophiliac. | 我们要找的可能是一个恋尸癖 |
[07:00] | Necrophilia doesn’t have to be sexual. | 恋尸并不一定非得涉及性行为 |
[07:02] | There are actually ten types as per | 以最后一次分类结果来说 |
[07:04] | the last classification, and at its core, | 一共有十种类型 就其本质而言 |
[07:07] | the impulse is understandable. | 那种冲动 是可以理解的 |
[07:10] | Uh, Bright, how worried should we be about you? | 布莱特 我们对你应该担心到什么程度 |
[07:12] | You know, more than the usual amount? | 你懂的 除了平时的那种担心 |
[07:14] | Bear with me. | 听我说完 |
[07:15] | A necrophiliac’s desire to… | 恋尸癖对于… |
[07:18] | get close to a dead body | 接近死尸的渴望 |
[07:21] | can come from a fear of rejection, | 可能来自一种对于被拒绝的恐惧 |
[07:23] | coupled with a deep | 并伴随着一种 |
[07:25] | and very human need for connection. | 非常人性化的对人际关系的深切需求 |
[07:28] | Wouldn’t we all like that? | 我们不都喜欢这样吗 |
[07:29] | Someone who’s always there, | 有人永远在身边 |
[07:31] | sitting on the couch with us? | 陪我们坐在沙发上 |
[07:36] | Without the weirdness. | 当然除了那些变态情结 |
[07:38] | And the homicide. | 也不会杀人 |
[07:39] | That goes without saying. | 这点自不必言 |
[07:41] | Just checking. | 只是确认一下 |
[07:57] | Stop calling me. | 别再打给我了 |
[07:59] | Jessica. | 杰西卡 |
[08:01] | It’s been too long. | 好久不见 |
[08:03] | Are you still drunk and beautiful? | 你还是醉醺醺的美人吗 |
[08:06] | Are you still a parasite | 你还是寄生虫吗 |
[08:08] | suckling at the scum of the earth? | 吸食着地球上的人渣 |
[08:10] | And damn good at it. | 而且我还很擅长呢 |
[08:12] | Who do you think got your hubby that cushy prison cell? | 你以为你丈夫那舒适的牢房是谁给安排的 |
[08:15] | He was supposed to get the electric chair, | 他本应该上电椅的 |
[08:17] | and I got him a Persian rug | 而我却让他享受着波斯地毯 |
[08:19] | and medical consulting privileges. | 还有医疗咨询的特权 |
[08:22] | And now it’s your turn. | 现在该你了 |
[08:24] | No, it’s not. | 不 没这回事 |
[08:26] | I don’t need you, Sterling. | 我不需要你 斯特林 |
[08:27] | The Carousel Killer is going on trial… | 旋转木马杀手会出庭… |
[08:29] | Oh, sweetie, no. | 亲爱的 不 |
[08:31] | A little birdie from the D.A.’S office | 地检办公室的一只小鸟刚告诉我 |
[08:34] | just told me that The Carousel Killer | 旋转木马杀手 |
[08:36] | refused to corroborate your story. | 拒绝证明你的故事了 |
[08:40] | If Martin Whitly dies… | 如果马丁·惠特利死了 |
[08:43] | you’ll be on the hook for murder one. | 你就将因一级谋杀而被捕 |
[08:53] | Could be about your dad. | 可能是你爸的事 |
[08:55] | I’ll call back later. | 我晚点回她电话 |
[08:57] | Edrisa, what’s the latest on Kevin? | 艾德里莎 凯文有什么新情况 |
[09:00] | Well, it’s official: he was embalmed, | 有正式结果了 他被做过防腐处理 |
[09:01] | and not in a DIY, learn it on YouTube kind of way. | 不是在油管上自学发挥的那种 |
[09:04] | This is professional. | 是专业手艺 |
[09:05] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[09:07] | These two incisions in his common carotid artery– | 他颈总动脉上这两道切口 |
[09:09] | it’s where someone placed arterial tubes | 这说明有人放置了动脉管 |
[09:10] | and connected it to a real embalming machine. | 并将其连接到了一台真正的防腐机器上 |
[09:13] | And the firmer the skin, the better the job. | 皮肤越紧实 说明手艺就越好 |
[09:15] | Come here, feel how firm he is. | 来 感受一下他有多紧实 |
[09:18] | I’m good. | 我不用了 |
[09:19] | It’s your loss. | 不摸是你的损失 |
[09:20] | I mean, Kevin here is a real work of art. | 凯文可是真正的艺术品 |
[09:23] | John Hunter would be proud. | 约翰·亨特会很骄傲的 |
[09:24] | He was an early pioneer of embalming. | 他是防腐界的先锋人物 |
[09:26] | Uh, forget Hunter, what about Hofmann? | 别提亨特了 我们聊聊霍夫曼 |
[09:28] | He discovered formaldehyde. | 是他发现了甲醛 |
[09:30] | Okay, I admit I was a von Hofmann girl for a while– | 我承认我当过冯·霍夫曼的粉丝 |
[09:32] | I mean, who isn’t in college– | 大学时候谁不是呢 |
[09:33] | but credit really goes to the ancient Egyptians, | 不过如果我们要讨论验尸科学 |
[09:35] | if we’re going to get technical of mortuary sciences. | 要把功劳记在古代埃及人身上 |
[09:38] | We’re not. | 求你们打住 |
[09:43] | Any signs of sexual assault? | 有性侵的痕迹吗 |
[09:45] | None. | 没有 |
[09:46] | The killer did everything by the book. | 凶手非常严谨 |
[09:48] | Washed the body, massaged it to relieve rigor mortis. | 冲洗了尸体并通过按摩减轻死后僵直 |
[09:50] | Definitely sounds like | 看起来像是 |
[09:51] | you’re looking for a professionally-trained funeral director. | 受过职业培训的殡葬承办人干的 |
[09:55] | That’s good news. | 这是好消息 |
[09:56] | There’s only so many in the city. | 市里一共也没多少 |
[09:57] | We can run them all down, see if they knew our vic. | 我们可以逐个排查 看看谁认识死者 |
[09:59] | Uh, not exactly. | 不巧了 |
[10:01] | This week happens to be the annual convention | 这周刚好是大西洋海岸 |
[10:03] | for the Atlantic Coast Funeral Directors. | 殡葬承办人每年的展会 |
[10:05] | Which means our suspect pool just swelled to… | 也就意味着我们的嫌疑人范围扩大到 |
[10:08] | 3,000, give or take. | 3000左右 |
[10:09] | I mean, I was a member of the AACFD | 我也是他们协会的会员 |
[10:12] | myself till the dues got excessive. | 但后来会费太贵 我就退出了 |
[10:13] | This isn’t a coincidence. | 这不是个巧合 |
[10:15] | The killer is using the convention as cover. | 凶手用展会作为掩护 |
[10:17] | They could employ this very specialized method… | 凶手可以利用这种特殊手法 |
[10:20] | – And frame 3,000 people. – What now? | -将嫌疑转到3000人身上 -现在怎么办 |
[10:23] | Time to dust off that membership. | 该把你的会员证拿出来了 |
[10:26] | We’re going to a convention. | 我们去趟展会 |
[10:30] | 安斯莉 医院有紧急情况 马上过来 | |
[10:36] | What happened? Did he die? | 怎么了 他死了吗 |
[10:37] | Oh, no. God, no. | 没有 |
[10:38] | No, I just, uh, I really needed to talk to you | 我需要跟你聊聊 |
[10:40] | and you’ve been avoiding my calls. | 你一直不接我电话 |
[10:42] | Are you serious? | 你没搞错吧 |
[10:44] | Ains, I thought it was an emergency. | 安斯 我以为是急事 |
[10:46] | It is. | 是急事 |
[10:47] | Our father is on his deathbed | 父亲躺在病危床上 |
[10:48] | and you and Mom are keeping something from me. | 你和妈妈有事情瞒着我 |
[10:55] | Okay, you’re right. | 好吧 是的 |
[10:58] | We are. | 确实瞒着你了 |
[11:01] | It was me. | 是我做的 |
[11:03] | I stabbed him. | 我捅了他 |
[11:04] | It was the only way to save our mother, end the murders. | 那是唯一能救妈妈 阻止谋杀的办法 |
[11:08] | And also… I thought I could do it | 而且 我觉得我能在不杀死他的前提下 |
[11:10] | without killing him. | 捅他一刀 |
[11:12] | You thought you could stab him in the heart | 你以为可以朝他心脏捅一刀 |
[11:14] | without killing him? | 却不杀死他 |
[11:15] | It’s a long story, but the point is… | 说来话长 但是 |
[11:17] | You stabbed our father. I’m… Oh… mm… | 你捅了爸爸一刀 我… |
[11:20] | And I-I can’t even tell anyone about it, | 我都没法跟别人说这事 |
[11:22] | because if I do, then you’ll go to jail, | 说了 你就进监狱 |
[11:24] | and if I don’t, Mom goes to jail. | 不说 妈妈就进监狱 |
[11:25] | It’s not going to get that far. | 不会搞成那样的 |
[11:26] | You don’t know that. | 这你可不确定 |
[11:31] | Have you even been in there yet? | 你进过病房吗 |
[11:37] | You can’t avoid him forever. | 你不能永远躲着他 |
[11:49] | So, uh, please, go ahead. | 请自便 |
[11:52] | Make whatever calls you need. | 赶紧打电话吧 |
[11:55] | Oh, can I get you some tea or hot cider? | 要喝茶或是热苹果酒吗 |
[11:58] | I’m okay. Thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[12:26] | Darling, we’re back. | 亲爱的 我们回来了 |
[12:30] | The L.I.E.’s been shut down. | 长岛高速公路封了 |
[12:32] | Nobody’s getting to Sagaponack tonight. | 今晚谁也别想去萨佳波那克了 |
[12:34] | Oh, well, the Hamptons’ loss is my gain. | 你没去成汉普顿斯 我就有你陪伴了 |
[12:40] | Where are the kids? | 孩子们呢 |
[12:41] | Rampaging in the park, like little huns, | 在公园玩呢 可顽皮了 |
[12:43] | plotting how to torture me this weekend since the nanny’s off. | 保姆不在 他们正密谋周末怎么折磨我呢 |
[12:46] | Well, why don’t we… | 那我们不如… |
[12:52] | What has gotten into you? | 你怎么这么有兴致 |
[13:01] | How many morticians does it take to change a light bulb? | 需要几个入殓师才能换一只灯泡 |
[13:04] | Uh, the term “Mortician” is falling out of use. | “入殓师”这个说法早就不用了 |
[13:05] | They’re called funeral directors now. | 现在叫”殡葬承办人” |
[13:07] | Or professionals in the death care arena. | 或者叫”死亡护理界专业人士” |
[13:09] | You guys suck at jokes. | 你们真是没有幽默感 |
[13:11] | We’ve got a lead. | 有线索了 |
[13:14] | One of the companies our vic invested in | 死者投资的其中一家公司 |
[13:16] | was a group of Long Island funeral homes. | 是几家长岛殡仪馆 |
[13:18] | So Kevin’s directly connected to this world. | 这么说凯文跟这圈子有直接关联 |
[13:20] | Oh, yeah. To two people in particular. | 是的 主要是这两个人 |
[13:22] | Tilda Carp and Dev Sundaram. | 蒂尔达·卡普和戴夫·桑达拉姆 |
[13:25] | They were business partners with Kevin | 他们原本跟凯文是合作伙伴 |
[13:26] | until one of their funeral homes burned up last year. | 但后来他们经营的一家殡仪馆烧毁了 |
[13:29] | Nobody was killed, | 无人伤亡 |
[13:30] | but enough dead bodies were burned up | 但被烧毁的遗体太多 |
[13:31] | that it ruined their reputation. | 殡仪馆名誉扫地 |
[13:32] | Accidental cremation? Families must have been pissed. | 意外火葬 家属肯定非常愤怒 |
[13:35] | And lots of money was lost. It’s motive for murder. | 赔了很多钱 这是杀人动机 |
[13:37] | That’s a motive, but it’s not this killer’s motive. | 是个动机 但不是这个凶手的动机 |
[13:40] | Remember how much care went into preserving Kevin. | 要记得这人多么细致地保存凯文的尸体 |
[13:43] | There has to be a reason for that. | 肯定是有特别原因的 |
[13:45] | Like they were trying to preserve the relationship | 凶手想把彼此这段关系 |
[13:48] | that they had with Kevin before it all went bad. | 封存在一切被毁掉之前的状态 |
[13:50] | Which fits with the necrophilia. | 符合恋尸癖的侧写 |
[13:52] | If they struggle with relationships in the real world, | 如果现实生活中 他们无法顺利恋爱 |
[13:54] | they may be trying to manufacture one that can’t end. | 或许会想要人工制造一段永恒关系 |
[13:57] | We checking into their backgrounds | 有没有查他们背景 |
[13:58] | – for any psychopathology? – Of course. | -看是否有精神病病史 -当然 |
[14:00] | Right now we need to find Tilda and Dev. | 现在我们需要找到蒂尔达和戴夫 |
[14:02] | Stay under the radar. | 低调一点 |
[14:04] | We don’t want to scare anyone off. | 别打草惊蛇 |
[14:05] | Let’s go find a killer. | 走 找凶手去 |
[14:06] | Should we high five, maybe? | 我们是不是该击个掌 |
[14:09] | No? | 不击吗 |
[14:11] | Oh, okay. | 好吧 |
[14:21] | Cremation is the most cost-effective way to say goodbye. | 火化是最经济的告别方式 |
[14:27] | Death is hard on those left behind. | 未亡人是很难面对死亡的 |
[14:31] | Cremation and burial are the most common ways… | 火化和土葬是最常见的… |
[14:34] | Your father’s remains deserve a statement urn. | 你父亲理应用个上档次的骨灰罐 |
[14:38] | It must have been hard to watch him die. | 看着他去世一定很不容易 |
[14:43] | Wow, who knew that death was such big business, huh? | 谁能想到死亡是这么大一笔生意呢 |
[14:53] | Hey. You’re acting weirder than usual, | 你比平时更古怪 |
[14:55] | – which is… – Saying something. | -这很能… -说明问题 |
[14:57] | Yeah, I’ve heard that before. | 这话我听过了 |
[14:58] | Actually, I was going to say understandable, | 实际上我是想说这很能理解 |
[15:01] | considering that your dad is in the hospital right now. | 考虑到你爸爸现在正躺在医院里 |
[15:04] | And your mom is the one who stabbed him. | 而捅他的人是你妈妈 |
[15:06] | That’s heavy stuff. | 一定很沉重吧 |
[15:10] | – Your dad could die, right? – Yes. | -你爸爸可能挺不过去 是吧 -是的 |
[15:13] | My serial-killer father could die. | 我的连环杀手父亲可能会死 |
[15:16] | Right. | 好吧 |
[15:20] | You’re mad at me. | 你生我气了 |
[15:22] | A little bit, yeah. | 没错 有一点 |
[15:25] | Do you think that I like talking about this any more than you do? | 你真觉得我很想谈论这件事吗 |
[15:30] | I buried my dad when I was 16. Right? | 我16岁时葬了我爸爸 |
[15:33] | And they put him in that wood model right over there. | 他们把他放进了那边那种木棺里 |
[15:37] | And, no, I didn’t want to tell you that, but I did. | 我并不愿意和你说这件事 但我还是说了 |
[15:40] | Because that’s what friends do. | 因为这就是朋友会做的事 |
[15:44] | And you wanted to be friends. Remember? | 而你说过你想和我做朋友的 记得吗 |
[15:50] | Dani… | 黛妮… |
[15:52] | I think that we should split up. | 我们还是分头行动吧 |
[16:19] | Thinking about death? | 在思考死亡吗 |
[16:21] | W-What? No. | 什么 不是 |
[16:23] | Uh, maybe. | 可能吧 |
[16:25] | You’re Tilda. | 你是蒂尔达 |
[16:26] | Charmed. | 很荣幸 |
[16:29] | Let me tell you about this mahogany model. | 我给你介绍这款桃花心木棺材吧 |
[16:32] | Far more durable than poplar. | 它比白杨木耐用多了 |
[16:34] | Rubber gasket to seal. | 用橡胶密封 |
[16:36] | – It’s a little more expensive… – I’m not in the market. | -这款比较贵一点… -我没有需求 |
[16:39] | Aren’t you? | 是吗 |
[16:43] | Uh, it does look comfortable. | 看起来是挺舒服的 |
[16:46] | You know, we spend a scant few decades walking around this earth. | 我们在地球上不过短短行走几十年 |
[16:52] | But here– | 但这里… |
[16:53] | here is where we spend eternity. | 这里才是我们永存之地 |
[16:56] | Might as well be at ease. | 不妨就躺得舒适自在一点 |
[16:58] | I’m never at ease. | 我从没感受过自在 |
[17:01] | Perhaps you should try it. | 也许你该试试 |
[17:04] | Wait a second, who are you? | 等等 你是谁 |
[17:06] | Uh, Tilda, this is Detective Powell, | 蒂尔达 这位是鲍威尔警探 |
[17:08] | and I’m Malcolm Bright. | 我是马科姆·布莱特 |
[17:10] | We’re here to investigate the death of Kevin Bagley. | 我们是来调查凯文·巴格利的死 |
[17:14] | Kevin died? | 凯文死了 |
[17:16] | I can’t believe it. That’s horrible. | 简直不敢相信 太可怕了 |
[17:17] | You don’t seem all that upset. | 你看起来不怎么难过啊 |
[17:20] | Hazard of the profession. | 我这行的职业危害 |
[17:22] | They teach us in mortuary school to never cry in front of a family. | 丧葬学校教育我们不能在家属前哭泣 |
[17:25] | And what was the nature of your relationship with Kevin? | 你和凯文是什么关系 |
[17:28] | – Business or… – Sexual. | -生意关系还是… -性关系 |
[17:31] | Not serious. | 不是认真的 |
[17:33] | Kevin was too damaged. | 凯文这人内心支离破碎 |
[17:35] | Some women are into that. | 有些女人好这口 |
[17:36] | Want to change and save their man. | 想要改变 拯救她们的男人 |
[17:40] | Not me. | 但我不是 |
[17:41] | No, thank you. | 不了 谢谢 |
[17:42] | Tilda, Kevin was embalmed by the killer. | 蒂尔达 凶手对凯文做了防腐处理 |
[17:50] | You’re surprised. | 你很惊讶 |
[17:51] | It means something to you. | 这事对你而言别有深意 |
[17:55] | You should talk to our other partner, Dev. | 你们该和我们另一个合伙人戴夫谈谈 |
[17:58] | He lost the most when we all broke up. | 我们拆伙后他的损失最大 |
[18:01] | He and Kevin were best friends. | 他和凯文曾经是死党 |
[18:05] | I’m sorry, I have a customer. | 抱歉 我还有客户 |
[18:09] | The-the hardest part is creating natural shadows, see? | 最难的是打造自然的阴影 你瞧 |
[18:12] | Uh, because a corpse is usually lying down. | 因为尸体一般是平躺着的 |
[18:14] | Dev, I asked about the fire. | 戴夫 我在问那次火灾的事 |
[18:16] | And setting the features, well, that’s a skill unto itself. | 摆弄五官也不容易 这本身就是门技术 |
[18:19] | You can’t just close the eyes, slap the mouth shut. | 不是把眼睛嘴巴硬合上就行了 |
[18:21] | It’ll look puckered. | 那样看起来会有褶子 |
[18:22] | Dev, we can talk here or at the station. | 戴夫 我们可以在这里聊 也可以回警局聊 |
[18:24] | Which would you prefer? | 你更倾向于哪一个 |
[18:26] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:30] | You seem nervous. | 你看起来很紧张 |
[18:31] | I’m better with dead people. | 我和死人在一起比较自在 |
[18:36] | That fire ruined us. | 那场火毁了我们 |
[18:37] | Who, you and Kevin? | 谁 你和凯文吗 |
[18:38] | No, we, um… | 不 我们… |
[18:40] | we weren’t really friends. | 我们其实不算朋友 |
[18:43] | But I can’t talk about it. | 但我不能谈这件事 |
[18:44] | Th-There were NDAs and a settlement– | 有保密协议和和解协议… |
[18:46] | a whole investigation. | 整一场调查 |
[18:47] | Oh, sorry. I’m not even… | 对不起 我没想着… |
[18:49] | I’m more into eyeliner. | 我其实更喜欢眼线笔 |
[18:51] | I’ll just… | 我会… |
[18:53] | You guys don’t have a warrant, right? | 你们没有逮捕令吧 |
[18:56] | ‘Cause I got work to do. | 我还有工作要忙 |
[19:00] | Ainsley! | 安斯莉 |
[19:02] | I wasn’t expecting you. | 我都不知道你要来 |
[19:05] | Or you. | 还有你 |
[19:06] | Jessica Whitly. | 杰西卡·惠特利 |
[19:08] | “The brightness of her cheek would shame those stars.” | “她面颊上的光晕会掩盖星星的明亮”[罗密欧与朱丽叶] |
[19:12] | Quiet, for a moment, | 你能闭嘴一会儿吗 |
[19:13] | while I focus on my traitorous offspring. | 我先教训一下我的叛徒孩子 |
[19:15] | I just want what’s best for you. | 我都是为你好 |
[19:17] | That’s supposed to be my line. | 这应该是我的台词 |
[19:18] | Please, just talk to the man. | 你就先跟他谈谈行吗 |
[19:21] | I’ll see myself out. | 我先走了 |
[19:24] | Let’s be frank. | 我们就不拐弯抹角了 |
[19:26] | Your daughter wouldn’t have called me | 你肯定是非常需要我的帮助 |
[19:27] | unless you were truly in need of my services. | 不然你女儿不可能打给我的 |
[19:30] | Crazy thing is I wouldn’t need you now | 好笑的是要不是你20年前 |
[19:32] | had you not so thoroughly screwed me 20 years ago. | 彻底毁掉了我的生活 我现在也不会需要你 |
[19:36] | Oh, I think I’d remember that. | 如果发生过这种事 我应该记得啊 |
[19:38] | Martin Whitly should be rotting at Rikers | 马丁·惠特利应该按照上帝和司法系统的旨意 |
[19:40] | as God and the legal system intended, | 在里克斯岛把牢底坐穿 |
[19:42] | but you, instead, | 而你 |
[19:45] | made the deal of the decade. | 却达成了十年以来最好的协议 |
[19:46] | “Century,” said New York Magazine. | 《纽约杂志》是说本世纪最佳啦 |
[19:50] | Well, that was 20 years ago. | 无论如何 20年过去了 |
[19:52] | And he is still making my life a living hell. | 他现在依然让我的生活如同地狱 |
[19:55] | You should be punished for that, not rewarded. | 你应该为此受到惩罚 而不是赞颂 |
[19:57] | So… let’s skip the unpleasantries. | 不说这些不高兴的事情了 |
[19:59] | Bottom line: I could have your case dismissed in a week. | 底线是 我可以在一周内让你的案子撤销 |
[20:03] | And just think of the bonus material– | 想想这能带来的额外收益吧 |
[20:05] | the book deal, the interviews, the movie rights. | 出版协议 采访 电影版权 |
[20:08] | If your daughter’s proven anything, | 你女儿的节目已经证明了 |
[20:10] | it’s that America is hungry | 美国人都特别渴望听到 |
[20:12] | for all things Whitly. | 惠特利家的故事 |
[20:21] | You could have my case dismissed? | 你能让我的案子撤销 |
[20:23] | Jessica… | 杰西卡 |
[20:26] | I know you. | 我了解你 |
[20:28] | You want to find | 你想找到 |
[20:29] | the best person for your defense. | 最好的辩护律师 |
[20:33] | But what you need… | 但实际上你需要的 |
[20:36] | is the worst. | 是最恶劣的 |
[20:42] | Hey, so, um, | 那个 |
[20:44] | I just got off the phone with the lab. | 我刚和实验室那边打完电话 |
[20:46] | And guess whose exact brand | 猜猜凯文脸上用的 |
[20:48] | of foundation was used on Kevin. | 是哪个牌子的粉底液 |
[20:52] | It’s Dev’s, if that wasn’t completely clear. | 是戴夫的 如果我说得不够清楚 |
[20:54] | Dev’s our guy. Let’s go. | 就是戴夫了 我们走 |
[20:58] | Police! | 警察 |
[20:59] | Dev, it’s the NYPD. | 戴夫 我们是纽约警局的 |
[21:00] | Open up or we’re coming in. | 开门 不然我们就强行破门了 |
[21:14] | Guys! In here. | 各位 在这儿 |
[21:19] | Dev’s not the killer. | 戴夫不是凶手 |
[21:21] | He’s the next victim. | 他是下一个受害者 |
[21:26] | He’s still breathing. EMTs are on their way. | 他还有呼吸 急救人员在路上了 |
[21:28] | Dani and JT are coordinating with hotel security. | 黛妮和JT去协调酒店安保了 |
[21:30] | No discernible wounds. | 无明显伤口 |
[21:32] | I’m guessing he was poisoned? | 应该是被下毒了 |
[21:33] | I found a broken glass. | 我找到了一个摔碎的杯子 |
[21:34] | He was drinking something. | 他之前正在喝什么东西 |
[21:36] | No smell. | 没有气味 |
[21:38] | Whoa, did you just… | 你还真尝 |
[21:40] | Oh. No, um… yes, I shouldn’t have done that. | 没 是的 我不该尝的 |
[21:44] | Uh, so, sweet taste, odorless. | 味甜 无气味 |
[21:45] | Could be ethylene glycol. Antifreeze? | 可能是乙二醇 防冻剂 |
[21:47] | It’s a common poison since it tastes like artificial sweetener | 是种常见的毒药 因为其与饮品混合后 |
[21:49] | when mixed in a drink. | 尝起来像甜味剂 |
[21:50] | What’s that gonna do to him? | 中毒后会怎么样 |
[21:51] | Shut down his organs, eventually. | 逐渐使他的器官衰竭 |
[21:53] | As the body metabolizes the chemical | 身体代谢这种化合物时 |
[21:54] | it starts converting into other toxins, | 会将其转化为其他毒素 |
[21:56] | like acetone and glycolic acid and formaldehyde. | 比如丙酮 乙醇酸和甲醛 |
[21:58] | Oh, my God. Formaldehyde. | 天啊 甲醛 |
[22:01] | The killer’s already started the embalming process. | 凶手已经开始进行防腐了 |
[22:04] | Wow, that is genius. | 真是天才 |
[22:06] | What can we do? His pulse is getting weaker. | 我们要怎么做 他的脉搏越来越弱 |
[22:08] | I don’t think he’s gonna make the ambulance. | 我觉得他挺不到救护车来了 |
[22:11] | You went to med school, right? | 你上过医学院的 对吧 |
[22:13] | No. I mean, I did, yes. | 没有 上过 对 |
[22:15] | But that… th– th… t– that’s different. | 但是那那那个不一样 |
[22:18] | You knew everything about the poison, Edrisa. | 你是毒药方面的专家 艾德里莎 |
[22:20] | You can save him. | 你能救他 |
[22:22] | No. I– I don’t sa– save people. | 不 我 我不会 救 救人 |
[22:24] | That’s not what I do. | 我不是做这个的 |
[22:26] | Yeah, but there must have been a time | 是的 但是你之前 |
[22:27] | when you knew how to help people. | 肯定知道怎么帮人的 |
[22:32] | I mean… live people. | 我是指… 活人 |
[22:38] | No, you’re– you’re right. I can’t do this. | 不 你说得对 我做不到 |
[22:40] | Yes, you can. Yes, you can. | 你可以做到 你可以的 |
[22:43] | Just forget he’s alive. Okay? | 忘记他是个活人 |
[22:46] | Pretend you’re in the morgue, there’s no rush, | 假装你在停尸房 我们也不急 |
[22:49] | you just need to reduce his toxicity levels. | 你只需要降低他的毒性水平 |
[22:53] | Is there an antidote? | 有没有解毒剂 |
[22:54] | I– I don’t know… | 我…我不知道 |
[22:57] | Ethanol, maybe. | 乙醇吧 |
[22:59] | Ethanol. Alcohol. Th– The minibar. | 乙醇 酒 酒水柜 |
[23:01] | Gil. | 吉尔 |
[23:03] | It’s okay. You can do this. | 没事的 你能做得到 |
[23:07] | You really think this really gonna work? | 这个真的管用吗 |
[23:08] | Th– they usually have an IV drip. | 通常使用静脉滴注管 |
[23:10] | S– Syringe? | 注射器 |
[23:13] | Okay. | 好的 |
[23:16] | Here. | 给 |
[23:17] | Okay. He is gon… he is gonna need dialysis | 好的 等他到了医院 |
[23:21] | when he gets to the hospital, | 需要进行透析 |
[23:24] | but, you know, this should hold him for a while. | 不过 这个应该能帮他再坚持一会 |
[23:35] | I hope. | 希望吧 |
[23:49] | Okay. | 好了 |
[23:59] | That’s good. | 这是好迹象 |
[24:03] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[24:04] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[24:06] | Dev’s gonna make it, but he’s still in the ICU. | 戴夫能挺过来 但他还在重症监护室 |
[24:09] | Speaking of– how’s Bright doing? | 说到这个 布莱特怎么样了 |
[24:13] | I’m not sure. | 我也不知道 |
[24:15] | I’ve been trying to figure that out, but I… | 我一直努力想弄清楚 不过我… |
[24:20] | Dev’s phone wasn’t on him in the hotel, | 戴夫的手机不在酒店 |
[24:22] | but I just talked to his carrier. | 不过我问了他的电话运营商 |
[24:24] | Last call before the attack was from Tilda Carp. | 他中毒前接的最后一个电话是蒂尔达·卡普打来的 |
[24:28] | Okay. I’m on board. | 好吧 我信了 |
[24:30] | Put out a BOLO out on Tilda. | 对蒂尔达发布协查通告 |
[24:32] | I’ll call TSA, see if she’s headed out of the country. | 我去联系运输安全局 看看她有没有出境 |
[24:34] | Dani. | 黛妮 |
[24:38] | Keep an eye on our boy. | 看着点我们的大男孩 |
[24:41] | Yeah. | 好 |
[24:57] | You’re in the thick of it now, my friend. | 你已经深陷其中了 我的朋友 |
[25:00] | This is when time slows down, | 从现在起 时间会越来越慢 |
[25:02] | when… when minutes expand. | 每一分钟都被延长 |
[25:07] | When a man like me could be forgiven for believing. | 连我这样的人迷信都可以被原谅 |
[25:11] | I can almost freeze time… | 我甚至能冻结时间 |
[25:15] | completely. | 完全冻结 |
[25:21] | But… alas, | 不过…可惜 |
[25:23] | I’m no sorcerer, and you… | 我不是魔法师 而你… |
[25:29] | aren’t there. | 却不在里面 |
[25:36] | I’m at 3 East 88th Street. | 我在东88街3号 |
[25:39] | Big house, you can’t miss it. | 房子很大 一眼就能看到 |
[25:41] | Yeah, you can come pick me up now. | 是的 你现在就可以来接我 |
[25:43] | No, no, no, no. This is not how it went. | 不不不 后来不是这样的 |
[25:46] | Yeah, Dr. Whitly has been really nice. | 是的 惠特利医生人特别好 |
[25:52] | Okay. See you in a bit. | 好的 稍后见 |
[25:55] | Stop it. | 停下 |
[25:56] | Stop it. What… | 停下 怎… |
[25:58] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[26:00] | Thanks again for your help. | 再次感谢你的帮助 |
[26:03] | Oh, and one more thing. | 对了 还有一件事 |
[26:21] | You don’t have long now. | 你很快就会死了 |
[26:23] | Just kill me. | 杀了我吧 |
[26:24] | No. You don’t get off that easy. | 不 我才不会让你轻易解脱 |
[26:28] | I’m inside your head, Martin. | 我对你了如指掌 马丁 |
[26:31] | I know your worst fears. | 我知道你最深的恐惧 |
[26:33] | This is a nightmare. | 这只是一个噩梦 |
[26:37] | I’m in the hospital, aren’t I? | 我其实在医院里 对吗 |
[26:41] | You’re not real. | 你不是真的 |
[26:43] | You’re just a figment of my subconscious. | 你只是我潜意识里虚构出来的 |
[26:49] | A composite of all my victims. | 我所有受害者的结合体 |
[26:53] | You know exactly who I am, Martin. | 你很清楚我是谁 马丁 |
[26:56] | I’m a very real person. | 我无比真实 |
[26:59] | And I’m coming for your family. | 而且我要对付你的家人了 |
[27:01] | No. | 不 |
[27:02] | Your boy dies first. | 你儿子第一个死 |
[27:06] | No. Please. | 不 求你了 |
[27:09] | Funny. | 有意思 |
[27:11] | I’m pretty sure I said the exact same thing to you. | 同样的话我也对你说过 |
[27:26] | He’s coding! | 他要不行了 |
[27:28] | Brady down. | 心跳骤停 |
[27:28] | – Get the crash cart. – Charging. | -去拿急救推车 -充电中 |
[27:39] | 安斯莉 爸爸情况危急 | |
[27:51] | Any updates on your father? | 你父亲那边有什么新情况吗 |
[27:53] | No. Nothing. | 没有 |
[27:56] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[28:01] | Ains. What happened? | 安斯 怎么了 |
[28:02] | I don’t know. They just keep saying to sit tight, | 我不知道 他们一直让我等着 |
[28:04] | and that… it doesn’t mean anything. | 这话…说了等于没说 |
[28:06] | Here, here, here, here. | 来 来 来 来 |
[28:07] | We will know soon enough. | 我们马上就知道了 |
[28:16] | Can I ask you a question? | 我能问你个问题吗 |
[28:20] | Are you actually afraid he’s gonna die? | 你真的担心他会死吗 |
[28:24] | It is not a criticism, I swear. I… | 我不是要批评你 我发誓 我… |
[28:29] | I’m genuinely curious. | 我是真的想知道 |
[28:32] | I guess, um… | 我猜… |
[28:36] | I just don’t want him to die like this. | 我只是不想让他像这样死去 |
[28:39] | You know? | 你懂吗 |
[28:42] | How about you? | 那你呢 |
[28:45] | Well… | 我… |
[28:47] | there’s no doubt the world will be a better place | 毫无疑问 少了马丁·惠特利 |
[28:48] | without Martin Whitly in it. | 这世界会变得更好 |
[28:52] | But then again… | 不过… |
[28:55] | secretly… | 内心深处… |
[28:58] | You still love him? | 你还爱着他 |
[28:59] | What? | 什么 |
[29:02] | Oh, dear God, child, no. | 我的老天 孩子 当然不 |
[29:05] | But thank you for that. | 但谢谢你的玩笑 |
[29:06] | I have not had a good laugh in a long time. | 我好久没笑得这么开心过了 |
[29:11] | No, it’s…it’s… | 不 只是… |
[29:13] | It’s gonna sound so silly, I know, but… | 我知道这话听起来很蠢 但是… |
[29:17] | At least when he’s at Claremont, I know where he is. | 他在克莱蒙特的时候 至少我知道他在哪里 |
[29:21] | In the great hereafter… | 但他死后… |
[29:23] | He could haunt you forever. | 他会永远阴魂不散 |
[29:25] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:30] | It’s ridiculous, I know. | 我知道这很荒谬 |
[29:38] | But not as ridiculous, I suppose, | 但我想也没那么荒谬 |
[29:41] | as hiring the second most despicable man on the planet. | 至少没有雇佣世界上第二卑鄙的人当律师荒谬 |
[29:47] | – I know you want me to say yes to that man… – No. | -我知道你想让我答应他 -不 |
[29:49] | I… I don’t. | 我 我不想 |
[29:51] | But you were the one who set this whole thing up in the first place. | 但一开始这件事就是你安排的 |
[29:55] | Because you need a lawyer. | 那是因为你需要一个律师 |
[29:57] | And now that you know who you don’t want, | 而现在既然你知道你不想雇他 |
[30:00] | you can find the person you do. | 你就应该去找你想要的人 |
[30:03] | Ainsley Whitly. | 安斯莉·惠特利 |
[30:06] | That is downright diabolical. | 你可真是个小鬼头 |
[30:09] | I learned from the best. | 我师出名门 |
[30:19] | You can sit there as long as you’d like. | 你想在那坐多久都行 |
[30:20] | We know you killed Kevin. | 我们知道是你杀了凯文 |
[30:24] | Actually… I don’t think she did. | 事实上 我不认为是她杀的 |
[30:28] | – You don’t? – Yeah, you don’t? | -你不认为 -你不认为 |
[30:30] | Tilda, you run a funeral home in Boston, right? | 蒂尔达 你在波士顿开了一家殡仪馆 是吗 |
[30:33] | I saw your luggage in evidence. | 我看到证物里你的行李了 |
[30:35] | Thousanddollar roller bag, firstclass tickets. | 价值上千美金的拉杆包 头等舱机票 |
[30:38] | Kevin’s killer wants to go back in time and preserve the past, | 杀死凯文的凶手想要时间倒退 留存过去 |
[30:41] | freeze their relationship like it once was. | 让他们之间的关系停留在从前 |
[30:45] | But your life is better now than it was a year ago. | 但你的生活比一年前更好了 |
[30:48] | So there must be someone else who isn’t. | 所以肯定有其他人的生活变差了 |
[30:51] | Question is why would Tilda protect them? | 问题是为什么蒂尔达要保护他们 |
[30:55] | Because you did something wrong. | 因为你做了错事 |
[30:58] | And you’re terrified of losing your license. | 而你害怕失去执照 |
[31:00] | ‘Cause your job means a lot to you. I saw that. | 因为你的工作对你很重要 我明白 |
[31:02] | My work is my life. | 我的工作就是我的全部 |
[31:05] | I…I understand how you feel. | 我理解你的感受 |
[31:07] | You’d do anything to protect your career. | 你会不顾一切保护你的工作 |
[31:09] | Lie to the police, risk your life. | 欺骗警方 冒生命危险 |
[31:12] | But it’s not worth your life. | 但这不值得你付出生命 |
[31:14] | No, it’s not. | 对 不值得 |
[31:19] | Her name is Leanne Truitt. | 她叫莉安·楚伊特 |
[31:21] | She was a silent partner in our business. | 是我们的一个匿名合伙人 |
[31:23] | Off the books. | 私下的 |
[31:27] | You let her work unlicensed. Why? | 你让她无证工作 为什么 |
[31:29] | She failed her psych eval. | 她心理评估没通过 |
[31:31] | But she was so damn good at embalming. | 但她的防腐技术简直出神入化 |
[31:34] | She made the bodies look alive. | 她让尸体显得栩栩如生 |
[31:37] | Turns out, for her, | 原来 |
[31:39] | that required more time with the corpses | 她需要和尸体待上更长时间 |
[31:42] | than we were comfortable with. | 长到让我们所有人都感觉不适 |
[31:43] | And there’s your necrophilia. | 这就是你的恋尸癖 |
[31:46] | The fire. That was her, wasn’t it? | 那场火是她造成的 对吧 |
[31:49] | One night, we left her to lock up. | 有一晚 只剩她一个人 |
[31:51] | She lost track of time. | 她忘了时间 |
[31:54] | Her chemicals caused a reaction. | 她的化学用品引起了大火 |
[31:55] | – She got out okay. – And everything went to hell after that. | -她及时逃出来了 -在那之后情况急转直下 |
[31:58] | And Leanne felt responsible. | 莉安觉得自己有责任 |
[32:00] | She was inconsolable. | 她悲痛欲绝 |
[32:02] | She couldn’t forgive herself for ruining everything. | 她无法原谅自己毁了一切 |
[32:07] | She called us for months, but we had all moved on. | 她给我们打了好几个月的电话 但我们都向前看了 |
[32:10] | You had. | 你们看开了 |
[32:12] | Leanne hadn’t. | 莉安却没有 |
[32:18] | DMV had a photo of Leanne Truitt. | 车管所有莉安·楚伊特的照片 |
[32:20] | Wasn’t renewed, and she left | 没有更新 而且地址 |
[32:22] | the old address a few months after the fire. | 也是大火几个月之后的旧地址 |
[32:24] | I’ll put out a BOLO. | 我去发布协查通告 |
[32:26] | Check the employee records for the convention hotel. | 查一下展会酒店的员工记录 |
[32:29] | I bet she got a job there. | 我打赌她肯定在那工作 |
[32:31] | To get close to her former team and access Dev’s suite. | 为了接近她以前的团队和进入戴夫的套房 |
[32:34] | That’s good. | 分析得好 |
[32:37] | Who you calling? | 你打给谁 |
[32:38] | Speaking of relationships to preserve, | 说到需要维护的关系 |
[32:41] | I owe someone an apology. | 我欠别人一个道歉 |
[32:46] | – Edrisa, listen. I need to tell you I’m sorry. – You really don’t. | -艾德里莎 听着 我得向你道歉 -不必了 |
[32:49] | But what I said at the hotel, I didn’t mean to imply | 但我之前在酒店说的 我不是指 |
[32:51] | that you don’t help people. That’s crazy. | 你不帮助活人 那简直是疯了 |
[32:53] | You were right. I panicked. | 你说得对 我慌了 |
[32:56] | It’s the reason I became an M.E. instead of a clinician. | 所以我成了法医而不是医生 |
[32:59] | – I can’t handle the stress. – Edrisa. | -我受不了那种压力 -艾德里莎 |
[33:02] | I have to go. Bye. | 我得挂了 再见 |
[33:09] | Edrisa sounded weird. | 艾德里莎听上去怪怪的 |
[33:11] | What is weird for her? | 对她来说什么算怪 |
[33:14] | Well, she didn’t want to talk to me just now. | 她刚才不想和我说话 |
[33:15] | Plus, her voice sounded shakier than normal. | 而且 她的声音比平常更颤抖 |
[33:18] | – She didn’t want to talk to you? – Right? | -她不想和你说话 -奇怪吧 |
[33:20] | I’m gonna go check on her. | 我要去看看她 |
[33:23] | Call me with an update. | 有消息通知我 |
[33:26] | I’ll admit, I was surprised to hear from you. | 我得承认 我很意外你联系了我 |
[33:28] | Well, you may have heard about that little pickle | 你也许听说了我最近 |
[33:32] | I’ve gotten myself into, legally speaking. | 惹的小麻烦 从法律上来说 |
[33:35] | A bit more than a pickle. | 可不仅仅是小麻烦 |
[33:37] | All day, everyone has been telling me | 一整天 大家都一直在告诉我 |
[33:38] | how bad it is. So bad, in fact, that I should hire | 这事有多严重 严重到我应该雇佣 |
[33:42] | the bottomfeeding lawyer my exhusband used. I know. | 我前夫用过的毫无底线律师 我知道 |
[33:46] | And honestly, I almost did it, but then I remembered | 老实说 我差点就这么做了 但之后我记起来 |
[33:49] | I am not The Surgeon. | 我不是”外科医生” |
[33:51] | I am Jessica Whitly. | 我可是杰西卡·惠特利 |
[33:52] | And what I need the most right now… | 而我现在最需要的 |
[33:56] | is someone I can trust. | 是一个我能信任的人 |
[33:58] | Who also happens to be a kickass attorney. | 那人刚好又是个厉害的律师 |
[34:01] | A happy coincidence. | 幸运的巧合 |
[34:07] | What happened with Malcolm… | 马科姆发生的事 |
[34:08] | He has… | 他有… |
[34:11] | a lot of demons. | 很多心魔 |
[34:15] | Yes, he does. | 是的 |
[34:18] | More than just what you know. | 比你知道的多多了 |
[34:26] | He saw things | 他亲眼看过… |
[34:28] | that his father did. | 他父亲所做的事 |
[34:33] | He went through a hell I didn’t even know about. | 他所经历的痛苦与折磨 我之前都不知晓 |
[34:37] | I was gonna say, | 我本来想说 |
[34:40] | deep down, | 内心深处 |
[34:42] | I know your son is a good man. | 我知道你儿子是个好人 |
[34:46] | And that’s because of you. | 那是多亏了你 |
[34:50] | So, yes. | 所以我答应你 |
[34:52] | I’ll help. | 我会帮忙 |
[35:14] | Now! | 快点 |
[35:21] | – Yeah? – I was right, | -怎么样 -我判断对了 |
[35:23] | Edrisa’s in trouble. | 艾德里莎有麻烦了 |
[35:24] | Leanne’s here and she’s armed. | 莉安在这 还带着枪 |
[35:26] | She must be after Kevin’s body. | 她肯定想要凯文的尸体 |
[35:27] | Why would she want to steal his corpse? | 她为什么想偷他的尸体 |
[35:29] | It makes sense for a necrophiliac. | 因为她是个恋尸癖 |
[35:31] | She was interrupted at his house before she could | 她之前在他家里被人打断了 无法继续 |
[35:33] | enjoy her time with him. | 享受与他的美好时光 |
[35:34] | Enjoy her… That’s insane. | 享受…真是疯了 |
[35:37] | She couldn’t have Tilda or Dev, so Kevin was her only… | 她得不到蒂尔达或戴夫 所以凯文是她唯一… |
[35:39] | Bright, stop profiling, | 布莱特 别侧写了 |
[35:40] | we’ll be there any second. | 我们马上就到 |
[35:41] | – Just wait for backup. – Right. | -等支援 -好的 |
[35:43] | Absolutely. | 一定 |
[35:53] | Go get Kevin now. | 去把凯文带来 |
[35:58] | Who are you? | 你是谁 |
[35:59] | Just a friend, here to talk. | 就是个朋友 只想聊聊 |
[36:03] | Edrisa, are you okay? | 艾德里莎 你还好吗 |
[36:04] | I’m fine! Now just get out of here! | 我没事 你赶紧走 |
[36:08] | Seems like you’re still mad at me. | 看起来你还在生我的气 |
[36:09] | – Please just go. – Shut up, both of you. | -你赶紧走吧 -你们都闭嘴 |
[36:13] | Now go get him. | 去把他带来 |
[36:15] | I’m sorry, I’m not going to do that. | 抱歉 我做不到 |
[36:18] | You’re just gonna have to shoot me. | 你只能开枪打死我了 |
[36:20] | Let’s just do what Leanne says, okay? | 照莉安说的做 好吗 |
[36:23] | – It’s just a body. – No. | -只是具尸体 -不 |
[36:24] | He is not just a body. | 他不只是一具尸体 |
[36:26] | She’s right. I’m sorry, | 她说得对 抱歉 |
[36:28] | these aren’t just dead bodies, they’re people | 这些不只是尸体 他们是人 |
[36:31] | who share their final moments with me. | 他们和我一起度过人生最后时刻 |
[36:36] | It’s the ultimate privilege to be their last witness, | 能当他们最后的见证人是无上荣幸 |
[36:38] | and I won’t let anyone dishonor that. | 我绝不允许任何人玷污它 |
[36:39] | You’re dishonoring Kevin. | 你这是玷污了凯文 |
[36:42] | If you really cared, | 如果你真的在乎 |
[36:44] | you’d let him go. | 你应该放手让他走 |
[36:46] | No, no, no. I’m honoring him. | 不 不 我这是尊重他 |
[36:49] | I’m getting us our lives back, so go get him. | 我要让我们恢复以前的生活 你去带他出来 |
[36:52] | No. | 不 |
[36:54] | Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[36:56] | What if we all go together? | 要不我们三人一起去 |
[37:00] | Bright. | 布莱特 |
[37:03] | Good. Good, yeah, yeah. | 很好 很好 对 |
[37:05] | Come on, come on. | 走吧 走吧 |
[37:18] | Tell me, honestly… | 告诉我 说实话 |
[37:28] | is this really how you want him? | 你真想要他这样吗 |
[37:30] | You have no idea what I want. | 你根本不知道我想要什么 |
[37:33] | I know how appealing it would be to live in the past. | 我知道沉浸在过去会让人难以自拔 |
[37:35] | You’d go back to before the fire, right? | 你想回到火灾发生之前 对吗 |
[37:38] | A year ago? | 一年前吗 |
[37:40] | You think that’s when life got hard for me? | 你以为我的生活从那时才开始变残酷的吗 |
[37:44] | I was six… | 那年我才六岁 |
[37:47] | when I found my mom dead in her bed. | 我发现我妈死在了她床上 |
[37:50] | I crawled… | 我爬过去 |
[37:52] | right under the covers with her. | 和她一起躺在被子底下 |
[37:55] | Nobody found us | 人们找到我们时 |
[37:58] | for 12 hours. | 已经过了12小时 |
[38:00] | Do you know | 你知道 |
[38:02] | how cold skin can feel after 12 hours? | 人死了12小时后皮肤有多冰冷吗 |
[38:10] | That’s why you embalm people. | 所以你才给尸体防腐 |
[38:14] | You give them back warmth. | 你让他们恢复温暖 |
[38:17] | A life where they can’t leave you. | 你给他们一种由你赋予受你操控的生命 |
[38:22] | I get it. | 我懂 |
[38:23] | I do. | 真的 |
[38:27] | Real relationships can be hard as hell, | 真正的感情之旅可能举步维艰 |
[38:31] | life is full of risk, | 生活中充满冒险 |
[38:33] | and death is messy. | 而死亡更是让人手足无措 |
[38:36] | But we can’t run away from it. | 但我们不能逃避 |
[38:42] | I can’t run away from it. | 我不能逃避 |
[38:48] | We need to face it. | 我们必须直面它 |
[38:51] | Maybe… | 或许 |
[38:53] | maybe we can both face it together. | 我们可以一起面对 |
[38:58] | What do you say, Leanne? | 你说好不好 莉安 |
[39:08] | – What was that?! – What? | -你干什么 -怎么了 |
[39:09] | I’d almost talked her down. | 我都快劝服她了 |
[39:11] | You just said life was about taking risks. | 你刚刚才说生活就是要敢于冒险 |
[39:14] | WW… Weren’t you talking to me? | 你不是在给我暗示吗 |
[39:17] | Of course. Yeah. | 当然是啦 就是的 |
[39:21] | Police! | 警察 |
[39:22] | Put your hands behind your back. | 双手放在身后 |
[39:30] | You guys okay? | 你们没事吧 |
[39:32] | Yeah, yeah, uh, we’re all good here. I handled it. | 嗯 没事 我们都没事 我搞定了 |
[39:37] | I see you. | 有两下子 |
[39:45] | – Yeah? – Thank you. | -什么事 -谢谢你 |
[39:47] | For what? | 谢我什么 |
[39:50] | Everything you said today | 你今天说的每一句话 |
[39:51] | turns out… | 原来 |
[39:53] | I was listening. | 我都听进去了 |
[39:55] | Leanne brought it all out of me. | 劝导莉安的同时也解开了我的心结 |
[39:57] | Death. | 死亡 |
[39:59] | Letting go. | 放手 |
[40:02] | It was great. | 感觉很好 |
[40:04] | Only you would find it therapeutic talking to a killer. | 只有你才会觉得和凶手聊天很治愈 |
[40:07] | You’re the one I like talking to. | 你才是我喜欢聊天的对象 |
[40:11] | And I promise | 我保证 |
[40:13] | I’m gonna do better. | 我会做得更好 |
[40:46] | I’m going to kill your son. | 我会杀了你儿子 |
[40:48] | – No, please… – But first, | -不 求你了 -但首先 |
[40:49] | you have to tell me something. | 你得告诉我 |
[40:52] | Why? | 为什么 |
[40:55] | Why? | 什么为什么 |
[40:56] | Why did you do this to me? | 你为什么对我做这种事 |
[41:00] | Well, I mean… | 这个问题… |
[41:03] | I mean, that’s up there with life’s great questions, isn’t it? | 可是和那些人生终极问题一样难解答 |
[41:07] | What’s at the center of a black hole? | 黑洞中心是什么 |
[41:09] | Uh, why do birds suddenly appear? | 鸟群为何会突然出现 |
[41:12] | Why did I put you in a box? Because… | 我为什么把你放进箱子 因为 |
[41:16] | I wanted to. | 我想要那么做 |
[41:17] | – Martin… – No. Listen, listen. | -马丁 -不 听我说 听我说 |
[41:19] | I’m not being flip, that’s the truth. | 我不是在开玩笑 这是事实 |
[41:20] | Anything else is a guess. | 其余的都只是猜测 |
[41:22] | No, it’s this brain I was born with, or | 可能我脑子天生有问题 |
[41:26] | because my mommy didn’t love me enough, or | 或是小时候我妈不够爱我 |
[41:27] | maybe she loved me too much, or because | 又或是她太过爱我 又或者是 |
[41:30] | daddy did horrible things to me. | 我爸曾经对我做过可怕的事 |
[41:32] | Because, because, because. | 各种原因都有可能 |
[41:34] | What does it matter if the end result is… the same? | 如果最终结果是一样的 讨论原因又有何意义 |
[41:41] | I just realized something. | 我刚意识到一件事 |
[41:45] | Oh, this might be a nightmare. | 这也许是场噩梦没错 |
[41:48] | But it’s my nightmare. | 但这是我的噩梦 |
[41:52] | And I’m not a regular person. | 而我并不是普通人 |
[41:55] | Am I? | 对吗 |
[41:56] | No, you’re not. | 对 你的确不是 |
[41:58] | You’re a predatory psychopath. | 你是杀人成性的精神变态 |
[42:02] | That’s right, | 没错 |
[42:04] | I am. | 我就是 |
[42:06] | And what does that mean? | 那代表什么呢 |
[42:09] | That you’re always in control. | 代表你总是掌控一切 |
[42:14] | Yes. | 是的 |
[42:18] | I am. | 的确如此 |
[42:23] | You know, I once told my son | 我曾经告诉过我儿子 |
[42:25] | monsters don’t exist. | 这世界上没有怪物 |
[42:29] | But that was a lie. | 但那是个谎言 |
[42:34] | You know the truth, | 你知道真相 |
[42:36] | don’t you? | 不是吗 |
[42:39] | What are you going to do? | 你打算做什么 |
[42:48] | Hello, Dr. Whitly. | 你好 惠特利医生 |
[42:54] | I’m going back to my family, of course. | 当然是要回到我家人身边 |
[43:00] | They need me. | 他们需要我 |
[43:10] | My boy. | 我的儿子 |