时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:45] | Would you move your dick? I can’t concentrate. | 挪开你的鸡巴 我没法集中注意力 |
[00:50] | You shouldn’t have any trouble sinking into that hole. | 你射进那个洞里应该不会有问题吧 |
[00:53] | Oh, yeah! Good shot. | 真棒 好球 |
[00:56] | – Well, how about giving me some- thing to aim at? – Excuse me. | -不如你也给我点能瞄准的东西吧 -打扰 |
[00:58] | Support a good cause? | 要支持慈善吗 |
[01:00] | Hey, come to the Angel Ball… | 你好 参加天使舞会吧 |
[01:01] | Support a good cause… | 支持慈善吧 |
[01:04] | Fuck you too. | 操你妈 |
[01:05] | That wasn’t very angelic. | 那可一点都不像天使 |
[01:07] | I can’t even get them to take a goddamn flyer. | 他们连一张该死的传单都不肯接 |
[01:09] | Oh, only 100 bucks | 只需100块 |
[01:11] | for yet another boring fundraiser? | 就能参加另一场无聊的慈善筹款活动 |
[01:13] | “Angels over Pittsburgh” isn’t just another charity. | 「匹兹堡天使」不是什么随便的慈善组织 |
[01:16] | When Vic was sick, they brought him meals practically every day. | 维克当年得病的时候 他们几乎每天给他送饭 |
[01:19] | My mom and I couldn’t have done it without them. | 多亏了他们 我和我妈才熬过来 |
[01:21] | Yeah well, unfortunately, | 是啊 不幸的是 |
[01:22] | that’s not enough to get these guys to go. | 那无法打动这些人去参加 |
[01:24] | If you want to get the suckers into the big top, | 如果你想让这帮混蛋参加 |
[01:26] | you gotta get a big attraction. | 就要请到有号召力的人 |
[01:27] | Like Madonna. Or the Backstreet Boys. | 比如麦当娜 或者后街男孩 |
[01:30] | Hey, this is Pittsburgh, sunshine, | 嘿 这里是匹兹堡 小阳光 |
[01:32] | not your wildest dreams. | 不是你的狂野梦境 |
[01:33] | Well, how about Pittsburgh’s own Divina Devore? | 那匹兹堡自己的迪薇娜·德沃尔怎么样 |
[01:37] | Says here she’s in town. | 据说她现在就在城里 |
[01:38] | Oh, yeah, that’s good. | 是啊 那可”真棒” |
[01:39] | A worn-out old drag queen. | 一个过时的变装女王 |
[01:41] | What kind of homosexual are you? | 你算什么同性恋啊 |
[01:43] | The kind that fucks men. | 操男人的那种 |
[01:44] | Divina Devore is a legend. | 迪薇娜·德沃尔是个传奇 |
[01:46] | She’s performed before presidents. | 她还在总统面前表演过 |
[01:48] | Ulysses S. Grant or Chester A. Arthur? | 古早的尤里西斯·格兰特还是切斯特·亚瑟面前 |
[01:51] | If you got her, I bet you’d have no trouble selling tickets. | 要是能请到她 我保证你的票能卖出去 |
[01:53] | Well, it’s worth a shot. | 值得一试[射球] |
[01:59] | Here at the centre for early development, | 在儿童启蒙教育时期 |
[02:01] | we offer a unique educational paradigm | 我们提供独特的有教育意义的典范 |
[02:05] | which creates a safe and supportive environment | 创造安全和支持性的学习氛围 |
[02:09] | in which our degree candidates | 将来要攻读学位的宝宝们 |
[02:11] | can acquire invaluable learning and social skills. | 可以获得宝贵的学习和交流技能 |
[02:16] | “Degree candi- dates”? They’re preschoolers. | “攻读学位” 他们才上幼儿园 |
[02:18] | Therefore, as much as we would like to accept all our applicants, | 尽管我们想录取所有人 |
[02:23] | in order to ensure maximum focus and individual attention, | 但为了保证每一个孩子获得最大限度的关注 |
[02:27] | we can only admit a select few. | 我们只能选择其中一部分人 |
[02:31] | – Yes? – May I ask what will determine your final decision? | -请讲 -你们的录取标准是什么 |
[02:33] | The child’s own unique abilities and talents will play a big part. | 主要考虑孩子的独特能力和天赋 |
[02:38] | But, we’re also trying to create | 同时 我们也在努力创造 |
[02:42] | the full spectrum of human diversity, | 充满多样性的环境 |
[02:46] | Uh, race, religion, socio-economic background. | 拥有不同种族 不同信仰和经济背景 |
[02:49] | What about sexual orientation? | 那性取向呢 |
[02:50] | Oh yes, by all means. | 当然 也包括在内 |
[02:51] | Are there any children of same-sex couples enrolled? | 这里有同性恋家长的孩子吗 |
[02:54] | Not yet. | 目前还没有 |
[02:55] | But, we intend to make every effort to change that. | 但是我们在努力改变 |
[03:08] | A masterpiece, that’s what it is. | 就是绝世佳作 毋庸置疑 |
[03:10] | For 50 bucks, you’ll be buying the next Michelangelo. | 花50块就能买到下一位米开朗基罗的作品 |
[03:15] | Ignoramus. | 无知的家伙 |
[03:17] | He doesn’t know dick about art. | 他完全不懂艺术 |
[03:18] | Ah, it doesn’t matter. | 无所谓的 |
[03:19] | You do. | 你懂就好 |
[03:22] | Justin, | 贾斯汀 |
[03:24] | you didn’t tell me you had your very own show. | 你可没跟我说你有自己的画展 |
[03:26] | It’s not exactly the Museum of Modern Art. | 又不是在现代艺术馆 |
[03:30] | That’s next. | 下一站就是那儿 |
[03:33] | You want some- thing to eat? | 你要吃什么吗 |
[03:36] | Thanks, honey. I just had lunch… | 不用了亲爱的 我刚吃过午饭 |
[03:39] | with your father. | 和你爸爸一起 |
[03:42] | I don’t want to talk about him. | 我可不想谈论他 |
[03:43] | Well, I wish we didn’t have to either, but… | 我也希望我们不用谈 但是… |
[03:47] | we do. | 必须谈 |
[03:50] | He says he’s not going to pay for your school any more. | 他不准备继续付你的学费了 |
[03:53] | That lame-ass shit. | 那个老混蛋 |
[03:55] | What’s his feeble excuse? | 他扯了什么理由 |
[03:57] | The stock market, and… | 股市行情不好 以及… |
[03:58] | supporting two households, and… | 要供养两个家庭 还有 |
[04:02] | basically ’cause he’s a lame-ass shit. | 基本上就是因为 他是个老混蛋 |
[04:05] | I… I don’t want you to worry. | 我…我希望你不要担心 |
[04:07] | I spoke to the accountant, | 我和会计师谈过了 |
[04:09] | I’ve a got a little in my savings. I can cash in my IRA. | 我还有点存款 也可以从养老金里提现 |
[04:11] | I’m not taking your money. | 我不要你的钱 |
[04:14] | You and Molly need that to live. | 你和莫莉还要过日子呢 |
[04:16] | Your sister and I will be just fine. | 你妹妹和我没事的 |
[04:18] | No, forget it. | 不 别管我 |
[04:20] | I’ll take care of it myself. | 我自己会搞定的 |
[04:26] | ♪I’m one of the dames | ♪我是一个贵妇♪ |
[04:30] | ♪Who’s one of the knights♪ | ♪也是一位骑士♪ |
[04:33] | ♪My Friday night treat is a seat for the fights♪ | ♪周五夜晚的享受 是一场决斗♪ |
[04:37] | ♪I love to go stroke with a varsity crew♪ | ♪我喜欢和不同的人激战♪ |
[04:41] | ♪You wanna play snooker?♪ | ♪想玩一局台球吗♪ |
[04:43] | ♪Well, chalk up your cue♪ | ♪拿起你的球杆♪ |
[04:44] | ♪Oh, I’m one of the Janes♪ | ♪我是女人♪ |
[04:46] | ♪Who’s one of the Joes♪ | ♪也是男人♪ |
[04:48] | ♪Here, hold my cigar while I powder my nose♪ | ♪在我补妆的时候 为我拿着雪茄♪ |
[04:51] | ♪I’ve layers of lacquer a lady enjoys♪ | ♪作为女人 我享受美丽的发型♪ |
[04:55] | ♪I’ve earrings and bracelets and various toys♪ | ♪我有无数的首饰♪ |
[04:58] | ♪But I love when I’ve slipped into ripped corduroys♪ | ♪但我依然喜欢我破旧的灯芯绒裤子♪ |
[05:01] | ♪Because I’m one of the girls♪ | ♪因为我是特别的女孩♪ |
[05:04] | ♪Oh, I’m one of the girls♪ | ♪因为我是特别的女孩♪ |
[05:08] | ♪One of the girls who’s one of the…boys♪ | ♪因为我是女孩 也是…男孩♪ |
[05:24] | If you ask me, | 要我说的话 |
[05:26] | nobody makes a better woman that a gay man. | 没人比基佬更有女人味了 |
[05:28] | What woman looks like that? | 哪个女人会像那样 |
[05:30] | Big red wig and tonnes of jewelry and gaudy clothes. | 红色假发 珠宝成堆 衣裳花哨 |
[05:36] | My mother does not look like that. | 我妈可不像那样 |
[05:41] | Oh, here she comes. | 她来了 |
[05:43] | Thank you, Pittsburgh… | 谢谢 匹兹堡 |
[05:44] | For reminding me why I left. | 让我想起了我离开的原因 |
[05:48] | God, let’s just hope she’s not one of those maniac divas | 希望她不是那种疯狂的天后 |
[05:50] | who thinks she’s the centre of the universe. | 总认为自己是世界的中心 |
[05:51] | You know, snapping her fingers, bossing people around. | 打着响指 对别人颐指气使 |
[05:53] | Hey, you. Tell the idiot who runs the lights, | 你 去告诉蠢货灯光师 |
[05:56] | the pin spot is supposed to be on myfaccia, not my left tit. | 聚光点应该在我的脸上 而不是左边乳头 |
[05:59] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[06:00] | I-I mean, sir. I-I mean… | 我是说 先生 |
[06:03] | Excuse me, Miss Devore. | 打扰一下 德沃尔小姐 |
[06:04] | Yes? | 有事吗 |
[06:06] | I just want to say your performance tonight was… | 我就是想说 你今晚的表演真是… |
[06:10] | sparkling. | 激情迸发 |
[06:10] | – Yeah, bubbling. – Effervescent. | -没错 活力四射 -热情洋溢 |
[06:12] | – Stop, you’ll make me burp. – Miss Devore | -停 你们弄得我想打嗝 -德沃尔小姐 |
[06:16] | I-I thought your performance was really great. | 我觉得你今晚的演出很棒 |
[06:20] | How flattering to receive such praise from you… handsome young men. | 十分荣幸能从你们这些小帅哥们嘴里 听到赞扬 |
[06:26] | – Now, if you’ll excuse me. – Wait! Uh… | -失陪了 -等一下 |
[06:28] | We wanted to ask you… | 我们想要你… |
[06:30] | For my autograph, huh? | 要我的签名 |
[06:34] | And, uh, for your help. | 以及你的帮助 |
[06:36] | You see, I’m organizing this charity event, | 我们正在组织慈善活动 |
[06:38] | – and… – I-it’s for a very good cause. | -所以… -是为了意义非凡的善事 |
[06:40] | Is there ever a bad one? | 难道有为做恶事筹款的吗 |
[06:42] | Uh, it’s for “Angels over Pittsburgh.” | 是为了「匹兹堡天使」 |
[06:43] | They prepare home- cooked meals for people with AIDS. | 他们为艾滋病人送饭 |
[06:46] | And I w-was hoping you might… | 我希望你能… |
[06:48] | Perform? Oh-h, I’d love to. | 去演出 我超愿意的 |
[06:50] | – You would? – You would? | -真的吗 -真的吗 |
[06:52] | If I didn’t already spend half my life doing benefits. | 可惜我大半辈子都在做义演 没钱可挣 |
[06:55] | If I do any more, | 我要是再继续做 |
[06:56] | they’ll have to throw one for me. | 他们就要为我办个筹款会了 |
[07:03] | I told you that I can pay for it myself. | 我说了我可以自己付 |
[07:05] | With your secret Swiss bank account? | 用你的秘密瑞士银行账户吗 |
[07:08] | I’ll get another job. | 我再找一份工作 |
[07:10] | A real job, one that actually pays. | 一份薪水够多的正经工作 |
[07:12] | Yeah, what, making 3- to 400 a week? | 得了吧 一周挣三四百美元的那种吗 |
[07:13] | So, I will apply for a scholarship or a loan. | 那我就去申请奖学金或者贷款 |
[07:17] | What are you going to use for collateral, your ass? | 你用什么作为担保 你的小屁股吗 |
[07:21] | Look, stop being such a twat. I’m just trying to help you. | 别犯浑了 我只是想帮你 |
[07:24] | You’ve helped enough. | 你帮得已经够多了 |
[07:26] | I practically owe you my fucking life. | 我这条命几乎都是欠你的 |
[07:28] | What do you mean, “Practically”? | 什么叫”几乎” |
[07:32] | Look, | 听着 |
[07:33] | I don’t want you to feel | 我不想让你觉得 |
[07:35] | like you always have to take care of me. | 我总是需要你的照顾 |
[07:37] | And I don’t want to feel that way either. | 我也不想有那种感觉 |
[07:39] | Fine then, go ahead. | 好啊 那随你 |
[07:40] | But don’t come crying to me when you succeed. | 等你”成功”了可别哭着来找我 |
[07:52] | I love that you’d do any- thing for me. | 我很高兴你愿意为我做任何事 |
[07:55] | Who said it was for you? | 谁说是为你了 |
[07:57] | I made an invest- ment, I want it to pay off. | 我在投资 而我希望得到回报 |
[08:04] | Here’s a dividend. | 那这个就是分红 |
[08:31] | Who the fuck wants to see some worn-out old drag queen anyway? | 谁他妈想看过气的变装女王啊 |
[08:34] | Well, honey, you’ll find someone else. | 亲爱的 你会找到别人的 |
[08:36] | It’s like Ben always says, | 就像本常说的 |
[08:38] | you have to keep a positive energy flow. | 你得乐观积极地向前看 |
[08:40] | Yeah, what would we do without Ben | 是啊 我们要是没了本 |
[08:41] | and his new age gobbledygook? | 和他的新时代官腔该怎么办 |
[08:45] | You know, I wouldn’t want Divina Devore at that benefit | 就算能请动迪薇娜·德沃尔 |
[08:47] | even if I could get her. | 我其实也不想她参加 |
[08:48] | Divina Devore? Is she in town? | 迪薇娜·德沃尔 她来城里了吗 |
[08:51] | Yeah, we begged her to perform at the benefit, | 是啊 我们请她来参加慈善义演 |
[08:53] | but she turned us down. | 但是被拒绝了 |
[08:54] | She always was a selfish prick. | 她一直就是个自私的混蛋 |
[08:57] | – Y-you know her? – Honey, | -你认识她吗 -亲爱的 |
[08:59] | I knew her when she was a “Him”. | 我认识他时他还没开始变装呢 |
[09:02] | He was Danny Devore then. | 当时他叫丹尼·德沃尔 |
[09:04] | We went to high school together. | 我们一起念的高中 |
[09:05] | No! | 不会吧 |
[09:07] | You know, maybe if you used the personal connection, | 如果你动用私人交情的话 |
[09:09] | you could convince her to change her mind. | 或许可以说服她改变主意的 |
[09:11] | Me? | 我 |
[09:12] | You’re our only hope. | 你是我们唯一的希望 |
[09:13] | I thought you didn’t even want her. | 你不是说你都不想让她参加吗 |
[09:15] | That was before I found out that she’s a friend of the family. | 那是在我发现她是家人的朋友之前 |
[09:20] | I-I’m sure she wouldn’t remember me. | 我想她肯定不记得我了 |
[09:27] | Mel! Mel! | 茉儿 茉儿 |
[09:29] | – What? What’s the mater? – Look, a letter. | -什么事 怎么了 -看啊 一封信 |
[09:32] | Well, you’ve seen one of those before. | 你以前也看过信啊 |
[09:33] | It’s from Gus’ new school. | 是从盖斯的新学校寄来的 |
[09:36] | Today, baby university, tomorrow Harvard. | 今天上宝贝大学 明天就能上哈佛了 |
[09:39] | Who said anything about Harvard? | 谁说要去上哈佛了 |
[09:40] | I thought everyone wanted their kid to go to Harvard. | 我以为所有人都想让自己的孩子去哈佛 |
[09:42] | I feel we should at least consider Yale, | 我觉得我们至少可以考虑一下耶鲁大学 |
[09:44] | or maybe Brown. | 或者布朗大学 |
[09:45] | We’ll continue this in 16 years. | 我们有16年的时间好好考虑 |
[09:46] | Just read the letter. | 快看看信里写了什么 |
[09:53] | Well, what does it say? | 上面说什么 |
[09:55] | – He didn’t get in. – What? | -他没被录取 -什么 |
[10:02] | It’s bullshit. | 真是胡扯 |
[10:03] | That woman made such a big deal about diversity | 那女人一直在扯什么要营造多样化的环境 |
[10:05] | and wanting all different kinds of people. | 希望招收各种学生 |
[10:06] | Apparently not our kind of people. | 很显然不是我们这种人 |
[10:08] | And what was all that crap | 那她说什么废话呢 |
[10:08] | about looking for a kid with same-sex parents? | “想找同性恋家庭出身的儿童” |
[10:10] | Well if she’d meant it, | 她要真是那个意思的话 |
[10:11] | we’d be off buying Gus school clothes. | 我们早该去给盖斯买校服了 |
[10:14] | Well, it’s discrimination, that’s what it is. | 好吧 这就是歧视 |
[10:16] | Against our son. | 歧视我们的儿子 |
[10:18] | And for something that has nothing to do with him. | 而且原因完全不在于他 |
[10:25] | Oh, yeah. Yeah, one more like that. | 没错 没错 再来 |
[10:27] | I know you’re busy, Miss Devore. | 我知道你很忙 德沃尔小姐 |
[10:29] | Then why are you here? | 那你怎么还在这 |
[10:31] | – Yes. Yes! – Well, I was hoping you might change your mind. | -就这样 好极了 -我希望着你能改变主意 |
[10:33] | I don’t change my mind… | 我不会变换主意的 |
[10:35] | – Brilliant. – Only my underwear. | -非常好 -只换内裤 |
[10:37] | – Sassy. – Now, | -漂亮 -好了 |
[10:38] | If you’ll kindly show yourself out… | 请你出去吧… |
[10:45] | – Guess my uncle was right. – Excuse me? | -看来我舅舅说得没错 -什么 |
[10:48] | Nothing. Just something he said. | 没什么 只是他好像说过 |
[10:50] | He knew you back in high school. | 他高中时就认识你了 |
[10:51] | Oh, really? And who was that? | 是吗 他是谁啊 |
[10:54] | You probably wouldn’t remember. Vic Grassi. | 估计你都不记得了 维克·格拉西 |
[10:59] | Vic Grassi? Oh my god, I remember Vic. | 维克·格拉西 天呐 我记得维克 |
[11:03] | Is he the one you told me was sick? | 就是你说的生病的那位吗 |
[11:05] | Yeah, he’s doing a lot better now… | 是的 不过他已经好多了 |
[11:06] | Now that he’s on the cocktails. | 毕竟接受了鸡尾酒疗法 |
[11:08] | I’m glad to hear it. | 我很高兴他好多了 |
[11:09] | Tell him I said hello. | 代我向他问好 |
[11:12] | So, if Vic is your uncle, | 那么 如果维克是你舅舅 |
[11:14] | then, Debbie must be your mother. | 那黛比肯定就是你妈了 |
[11:16] | You knew my mom? | 你认识我妈 |
[11:18] | Knew her? I dated her. | 何止认识 我和她交往过 |
[11:21] | You? | 你吗 |
[11:23] | – I mean… – Well, back then I was a male impersonator. | -我是说… -当年我还是伪装成男人 |
[11:26] | I did a pretty convincing act too. | 我装男人也装得很像 |
[11:28] | So, how’s she doing? | 那她现在还好吗 |
[11:29] | Practically indestructible. | 几乎是坚不可摧的 |
[11:32] | Did she become a nurse like she always wanted? | 她后来如愿成为一名护士了吗 |
[11:35] | I never knew that. | 我从不知道这个 |
[11:39] | Just a waitress. | 现在就是一名服务员而已 |
[11:40] | Jesus, I can still hear that laugh of hers. | 老天 我现在仍能回想起她的笑声 |
[11:43] | She’d bring down a house. | 她能把一栋房子震塌了 |
[11:45] | I wish she’d been out front last night. | 真希望她昨晚能在最前排 |
[11:46] | Oh, and that complexion. I tell you, kid. | 还有她那肤色 我跟你说 |
[11:48] | Your mom was a real looker. | 你妈以前是个大美人 |
[11:51] | Still is. | 现在也是 |
[11:52] | Just, now, there’s more to look at. | 只是 现在有更多可看的了 |
[11:55] | This benefit of yours, um, when is it? | 你们的慈善活动 是什么时候 |
[11:59] | Friday night. | 周五晚上 |
[12:01] | Tell you what. I’ll be there, | 这样吧 我会去的 |
[12:02] | after my show. | 不过要在我的演出结束后 |
[12:05] | That’s so cool. | 太棒了 |
[12:08] | You’re doing a really good deed. Thank you. | 你这是在做好事 谢谢你 |
[12:10] | Don’t thank me, pay me. | 别谢我 给我钱吧 |
[12:14] | So, how long has it been since you saw my mom? | 你有多久没见过我妈了 |
[12:18] | Well, not since that summer after graduation. | 从毕业那年夏天就没见过了 |
[12:21] | I… I left town after that. | 我…我随后就离开了这里 |
[12:25] | I bet you have some pretty | 我敢说你一定记得 |
[12:25] | interesting stories about the two of you. | 很多关于你们两个的有趣故事 |
[12:28] | Gentlemen don’t reveal such things. | 绅士是不会透露这些事情的 |
[12:31] | Especially gentlemen… who are ladies. | 尤其是 本质上是淑女的绅士 |
[12:42] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 |
[12:43] | Michael! | 迈克 |
[12:47] | I cannot believe you got her to change her mind. | 我简直不敢相信你说服她改变主意了 |
[12:50] | I can’t believe Deb dated a drag queen. | 我不敢相信黛比曾和一个变装女王交往过 |
[12:52] | How’d they tell each other apart? | 她们是怎么区分彼此的 |
[12:53] | At least now we know who taught her how to do her hair. | 现在我们至少知道是谁教会她怎么弄头发的 |
[12:55] | You realize this officially makes your mother | 你要意识到 这样的话 你妈妈可就真成了 |
[12:57] | the biggest fag hag of all the time. | 有史以来最大的「基佬聚集点」 |
[12:59] | First Vic | 先是维克 |
[13:00] | and then you, and now… | 然后是你 而现在… |
[13:02] | her high school sweet- heart. Oh, hi, Debbie. | 她高中的恋人 你好啊 黛比 |
[13:04] | Hey, guys. Hi, baby. | 大家好 你好啊 宝贝 |
[13:06] | I hear your old boyfriend’s in town. | 我听说你以前的男朋友来了 |
[13:08] | What the fuck’s he talking about? | 他在胡说八道什么 |
[13:10] | I met someone that you used to know. | 我遇到了一个你以前认识的人 |
[13:12] | Yeah? Who? | 是吗 谁 |
[13:13] | Danny Devore. | 丹尼·德沃尔 |
[13:16] | Danny Devore? | 丹尼·德沃尔 |
[13:18] | Better known as… Divina Devore. | 更出名的名字是 迪薇娜·德沃尔 |
[13:21] | Michael got her to agree to perform at the angel ball. | 迈克说服了她在天使舞会上演出 |
[13:23] | Yeah, thanks to you. | 没错 这还得感谢你 |
[13:25] | What did I have to do with it? | 跟我有什么关系 |
[13:26] | She said she couldn’t possibly turn down the son of her former flame. | 她说她无法拒绝她旧情人的儿子 |
[13:29] | You shut your mouth. | 你给我闭嘴 |
[13:31] | He had no right to talk to my kid about my personal life. | 他无权和我儿子谈论我的私人生活 |
[13:34] | Well, he didn’t say anything. | 他什么也没说啊 |
[13:35] | He just said that you two used to go out. | 他就告诉我你们以前约会过 |
[13:37] | Yeah, it was like a million years ago. | 是啊 简直是几辈子以前的事了 |
[13:39] | I-I wouldn’t know him if I f… fell over him. | 就算我摔倒在他身上 我都认不出来他 |
[13:43] | It’s crazy. | 简直疯了 |
[14:10] | Shouldn’t you be holding on to that? | 你不是应该省着这钱吗 |
[14:11] | It doesn’t much matter since it’s my last one. | 无所谓 反正是最后一张了 |
[14:15] | Le beau geste. | 故作大方 |
[14:17] | Sorely lacking in fiction since the 19th century French novel. | 从19世纪的法国小说后 就很少有人故作大方了 |
[14:20] | How noble of you to revive it. | 你能复兴这种文化可真高尚 |
[14:23] | Fuck off. | 滚蛋吧 |
[14:24] | Did you find a job? | 你找到工作了吗 |
[14:26] | I must’ve tried 20 restaurants. No one’s hiring. | 我已经试了20家餐厅 没有一家在雇人 |
[14:29] | What’d the Financial Aid Office say? | 那助学金处怎么说 |
[14:30] | My fucking father makes too much money. | 我那混蛋父亲能挣太多钱了 |
[14:35] | Well, my offer still stands. | 好吧 我的提议仍然有效 |
[14:39] | So does my answer. | 我的回答也一样 |
[14:41] | I’m gonna do this on my own. | 我想靠自己 |
[14:43] | Can you give me a hand? | 能帮个忙吗 |
[14:49] | See? Some people know how to accept help. | 瞧见没 某些人懂得接受帮助 |
[14:55] | It looks like a good night. | 看来今晚赚得不少 |
[14:57] | This is nothing compared to the weekend. | 这跟周末根本没法比 |
[15:00] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[15:01] | ’cause I’ve been looking for something, but… | 我一直在找工作 但是… |
[15:03] | I mean, it really sucks out there. | 外面找工作太难了 |
[15:05] | Why do you think I’m doing this? | 不然你觉得我为什么会干这个 |
[15:08] | You know if they’re looking for more dancers? | 那你知道他们还招舞男吗 |
[15:12] | Gary’s always looking. | 加里长年都在招人 |
[15:25] | Seeing what a dork I was? | 看到我当年是怎样的呆子了吧 |
[15:27] | Oh, you weren’t a dork. | 你不是呆子 |
[15:28] | No, I was a dork. | 不 我当年才是呆子 |
[15:30] | Fat chance. | 不可能 |
[15:32] | You have no idea how fat. | 你根本想象不到我当年有多肥 |
[15:36] | No, you were more a dweeb. | 不 你更像个书呆子 |
[15:37] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[15:38] | Brian, on the other hand… | 布莱恩 倒是… |
[15:40] | I know, was a total turn-on. | 我知道 很性感 |
[15:42] | I was going to say spaz. | 我本来是想说像个「智障」 |
[15:44] | Is a spaz better or worse than a dweeb? | 智障比书呆子好些还是差些啊 |
[15:48] | oh, far worse. | 差太多了 |
[15:50] | Did I mention I have a thing for dweebs? | 我说过我就喜欢书呆子吗 |
[15:54] | Later. | 等会儿 |
[15:55] | I wanted to check out my mom’s old stuff. | 我想看看我妈以前的东西 |
[15:58] | Ah, well, wait. That’s kind of personal, isn’t it? | 等等 这都是私人物品吧 |
[16:02] | She never really told me much, you know. | 她从来都没怎么跟我说过 |
[16:04] | Every time I’d ask about back then, | 以前我每次问她的时候 |
[16:06] | she’d say, | 她总是说 |
[16:08] | “I did my homework and listened to my folks. | “我乖乖做作业 听父母的话 |
[16:09] | And you should do the same.” | 你也应该这样” |
[16:13] | She must’ve been a cheerleader. | 她以前肯定是个拉拉队员 |
[16:16] | Or maybe those were Vic’s. | 也许这些是维克的 |
[16:24] | Her yearbook. | 她的毕业纪念册 |
[16:28] | Check out the girls’ hairdos. | 看看这些姑娘的发型 |
[16:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:34] | Really… | 非常 |
[16:35] | boring. | 无趣 |
[16:36] | Really straight. | 非常直女 |
[16:39] | Where’s your mom? | 你妈妈在哪 |
[16:42] | Grassi, Grassi, Grassi. Gra… | 格拉西 格拉西 格拉西 |
[16:44] | Deborah Jean Grassi. | 黛布拉·简·格拉西 |
[16:45] | Like Divina said, mom was a real looker. | 就像迪薇娜说的 我妈以前是个大美人 |
[16:48] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[16:49] | Wonder what he looked like. | 我很好奇他以前长什么样 |
[16:52] | What comes after “spaz”? | 「智障」后面是什么 |
[16:54] | Oh, “scary”. | 是「吓人」 |
[16:57] | So… Decarlo, Dietrich… | 德卡洛 迪特里希 |
[17:01] | Danny Devore. | 丹尼·德沃尔 |
[17:06] | What? | 怎么了 |
[17:09] | He’s kind of cute. | 他挺可爱的 |
[17:12] | If you have a thing for dweebs. | 前提是你喜欢书呆子的话 |
[17:28] | They said I should talk to you about a job. | 他们说我应该找你谈工作的事 |
[17:30] | Doing what? | 想做什么 |
[17:32] | Dancing. | 做舞男 |
[17:34] | Ever dance professionally? | 当过专业舞者吗 |
[17:36] | No, but I… I dance here all the time. | 没有 不过我几乎每天都来这跳舞 |
[17:39] | You and 1,000 other queers. What makes you special? | 你和其他基佬都一样 你有什么特别的 |
[17:44] | I-I was King of Babylon. | 我曾获得过「巴比伦之王」的桂冠 |
[17:45] | Who wasn’t? Sorry, your majesty. | 谁又不是呢 对不起 尊贵的陛下 |
[17:49] | I don’t have any positions open. | 我这里没有岗位了 |
[17:50] | I-I’m sure that if you saw me… | 如果你看我跳一下肯定会… |
[17:52] | Hey, I’m busy. | 打住 我很忙 |
[18:12] | One dance, that’s all. | 就一段 看看吧 |
[18:15] | If I suck, you can kick my ass out. | 如果我跳得很烂 你可以把我赶出去 |
[18:19] | You don’t have much of a body. | 你的身材不怎么样 |
[18:21] | No pecs, no abs, no biceps. | 胸肌 腹肌 二头肌 都没有 |
[18:26] | I have a great ass, and I’m blonde. | 我的屁股很漂亮 并且我是金发 |
[18:29] | You have no idea how far that gets me. | 你无法想象那给了我多大的帮助 |
[18:36] | One dance. Make it good. | 就一曲 好好跳 |
[19:00] | Try not to step on my wontons. | 别踩到我的馄饨 |
[19:03] | He said I’d be pulling anywhere from 2- to 300 a night. | 他说好好干的话 一晚能挣两三百美元 |
[19:07] | Well, that’d better be all you’re pulling, young man. | 希望你不会趁机勾引人 年轻人 |
[19:09] | And remember, you still have your school work to do. | 别忘了 作业也要好好完成 |
[19:11] | And what if I don’t? | 如果我没做完呢 |
[19:14] | Um, you’ll have to be spanked. | 那就要打屁股了 |
[19:17] | Yeah, just try it. | 好啊 试试看 |
[19:25] | Down. | 趴好 |
[19:26] | Stop! | 住手 |
[19:27] | You like it | 你很喜欢啊 |
[19:28] | I was kidding! Stop, stop. | 我开玩笑的 别打了 别打了 |
[19:33] | Daddy, don’t hurt me too bad. | 老爹 下手别太狠 |
[19:37] | – Jesus. – Oh, note to self: | -老天 -我要牢记 |
[19:39] | Make sure to lock the fucking door. | 务必锁门 |
[19:41] | I don’t care. I’m going to ask him anyway. | 我不在乎 我不管怎样都要请他帮忙 |
[19:45] | Kung pao chicken? | 要吃宫保鸡丁吗 |
[19:46] | You’re wasting your time. | 你这是在浪费时间 |
[19:48] | Spicy bean curd? | 麻婆豆腐呢 |
[19:49] | Whenever we ask him to do something, he systematically turns us down. | 每次我们让他帮忙 他都会自动拒绝 |
[19:52] | Ask me what? | 请我帮什么忙 |
[19:54] | I want you to be my husband. | 我想让你做我的丈夫 |
[19:56] | You already have one. | 你已经有一个了啊 |
[19:57] | It’s for Gus. | 是为了盖斯 |
[19:58] | He got rejected by the centre for early development. | 他被早教中心拒收了 |
[20:01] | And we think it’s because he’s got two moms. | 我们觉得这是因为他有两个母亲 |
[20:03] | So, now you want to pass him off | 所以你们想把他塑造成 |
[20:05] | as the product of a happy hetero home life? | 一个来自幸福的异性恋家庭的孩子 以被录取 |
[20:09] | Fuck that shit. | 滚蛋吧 |
[20:10] | I told you, he’s a total hetero-phobe. | 我就说吧 他是个「恐直者」 |
[20:11] | That’s true, he is. | 说得没错 的确是 |
[20:12] | It’s true, I am. | 说得没错 我就是 |
[20:14] | Brian, you know I would never ask you to compromise your values. | 布莱恩 你知道我永远不会让你牺牲自己的价值观 |
[20:17] | Such as they are. | 虽说本来的价值观也不行 |
[20:18] | But you’ve always said, “It’s not lying if they make you lie.” | 但你也总是说 “被迫撒谎就不是谎言” |
[20:23] | You want Gus to have the same advantages | 你也想让盖斯和那些有爸有妈的孩子 |
[20:24] | as kids who’ve got a mommy and a daddy, don’t you? | 享受一样的有利资源 不是吗 |
[20:28] | You want him to go to the best schools, | 你想让他上最好的学校 |
[20:29] | receive the best education? | 接受最好的教育吗 |
[20:30] | Then you’ve to help us make sure | 那你必须帮助我们确保 |
[20:32] | that despite what other people might think of us, | 无论别人怎么看待我们 |
[20:35] | he’s not the one who suffers. | 孩子不应该是受害者 |
[20:37] | So we found another school. | 所以我们找了另一所学校 |
[20:39] | And we have an appointment tomorrow. | 并预约了明早的见面 |
[20:44] | – How long did they go out for? – I-I can’t remember. | -他们交往了多久 -我不记得了 |
[20:48] | – Was it serious? – How do I know? | -他们是认真的吗 -我怎么知道 |
[20:50] | – Did she love him? – She didn’t say. | -她爱他吗 -她没说过 |
[20:53] | Didn’t say? There’s nothing mom doesn’t say. | 没说 我妈那个大嘴巴 什么都会说的 |
[20:56] | Look, Michael, it was a long time ago. | 听着 迈克 那是很久以前的事了 |
[20:58] | Why don’t you ask her? | 你何不去问她呢 |
[21:00] | Ask me what? | 问我什么 |
[21:02] | About Danny Devore. | 关于丹尼·德沃尔的事 |
[21:05] | Christ. I haven’t heard his name men- tioned in 30 years, | 天呐 我都30年没听人提过他的名字了 |
[21:10] | and now, all of a sudden, it’s all I hear. | 怎么现在突然满耳朵都是 |
[21:13] | I saw his picture in your yearbook. | 我在你的毕业纪念册里看到了他的照片 |
[21:14] | Who the hell told you you could be looking in my yearbook? | 谁他妈允许你看我的纪念册了 |
[21:17] | You never said I couldn’t. | 你从没说过我不能看 |
[21:18] | It’s just that this picture of him, | 看看他这张照片 |
[21:20] | it looks a lot like me. | 跟我太像了 |
[21:22] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么胡话呢 |
[21:23] | It doesn’t look the least bit like you. | 跟你一点都不像 |
[21:25] | You don’t even have your reading glasses on. | 你老花镜都没戴怎么看得清 |
[21:29] | Fine. Make me feel older than I already do. | 好吧 戴老花镜让我觉得自己又老了十岁 |
[21:33] | There. | 好了 |
[21:37] | I still don’t see it. Vic, do you see it? | 我还是没看出来 维克 你看得出来吗 |
[21:41] | Can’t say I do. | 没看出来 |
[21:42] | Ah, come on. | 得了吧 |
[21:43] | We have the same eyes, the same nose, the same mouth. | 我们的眼睛 鼻子 嘴巴都一模一样 |
[21:46] | Tell me that’s not my chin. | 你敢说这跟我的下巴不像吗 |
[21:48] | Not even close. | 差得远呢 |
[21:49] | And trust me, I know chins. | 相信我 我很了解下巴 |
[21:51] | I have several of them. | 我有好几个呢 |
[21:54] | Ma, I just want you to tell me. | 妈 我只想让你告诉我 |
[21:56] | Tell you what? | 告诉你什么啊 |
[21:57] | Why Danny Devore and I look so much alike. | 为什么我长得那么像丹尼·德沃尔 |
[22:00] | I’ve got to put the clothes in the dryer. | 我去把衣服放进烘干机里 |
[22:02] | Stay right there. | 待在那别动 |
[22:04] | What are you getting at? | 你在暗示什么 |
[22:05] | He said that you went out summer after graduation. | 他说你们在毕业后的夏天约会过 |
[22:08] | That was 1969. | 那是在1969年 |
[22:09] | I was born march, 1970. | 而我是1970年三月出生的 |
[22:14] | I don’t believe what I’m hearing. | 我简直不敢相信我听到的话 |
[22:17] | Are you asking me i-i-if some old drag queen | 你是在问我 某个我高中时认识的 |
[22:20] | that I once knew in high school is your father? | 变装女王是不是你的父亲吗 |
[22:25] | You know who your father is. | 你知道你的父亲是谁 |
[22:27] | This is your father. | 你的父亲在这儿 |
[22:29] | John Michael Novotny. | 约翰·迈克·诺瓦特尼 |
[22:32] | Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. | 美国陆军中尉 |
[22:35] | Died in Vietnam, April 10th, 1970. | 1970年4月10日死在越南 |
[22:38] | – Two weeks after you were born. – Two weeks after I was born. | -在你出生两周后 -在我出生两周后 |
[22:39] | I know. | 这我知道 |
[22:40] | You told me a million times… | 你对我说了无数遍 |
[22:42] | That this guy in this picture, | 说照片里的这个 |
[22:44] | who I doesn’t even look like me, is my dad. | 跟我一点也不像的家伙是我爸爸 |
[22:46] | But that’s all you’ve told me. | 但你对我说的也仅限于此了 |
[22:48] | Well, what else do you want to know? | 那你还想知道什么 |
[22:50] | Well, who are my grandparents? | 我的爷爷奶奶呢 |
[22:52] | They’re dead. | 他们都死了 |
[22:53] | Aunts and uncles? | 姑姑和叔叔呢 |
[22:54] | There weren’t any. | 本来就没有 |
[22:55] | So, he was just a war hero? | 所以他只不过是个战斗英雄 |
[22:57] | “Just”? | 什么叫”只不过” |
[22:59] | They awarded him the purple heart. | 他们给他颁发了紫心勋章 |
[23:02] | He was on a rescue mission, | 他当时正在执行营救任务 |
[23:04] | carving his way through the jungle when a land mine exploded. | 在丛林中艰难行进 不幸踩到地雷 |
[23:07] | You said it was a jeep accident. | 可你上次说是吉普车车祸 |
[23:09] | He was carving his way in a jeep… | 他开着吉普车行进 |
[23:12] | when it ran over a land mine. | 结果车子触雷了 |
[23:14] | You can’t even keep the goddamn story straight. | 你连个谎话都圆不好 |
[23:16] | Stop confusing me! | 别再把我搞得更糊涂了 |
[23:18] | Look, it was a long time ago. It doesn’t matter now. | 听我说 那是很久前的事了 现在不重要了 |
[23:21] | I just want to know the truth. | 我只是想知道事实 |
[23:23] | Are you calling me a liar? | 你是说我是个骗子吗 |
[23:26] | Your own mother? | 你的亲生母亲是个骗子 |
[23:28] | I told you who your father was, | 我跟你说了你的父亲是谁 |
[23:30] | and I expect you to believe me. | 我希望你能相信我 |
[23:47] | Gonna go see grandma? | 想去看外婆吗 |
[23:50] | Just promise me you’ll behave. | 答应我你会乖乖的 |
[23:51] | I won’t mention dick, if you don’t mention pussy. | 只要你不提屄 我就不提屌 |
[23:55] | You know what I mean. | 你知道我是什么意思 |
[23:55] | I don’t want you getting into one of your moods and… | 我只是不希望你一个不爽就… |
[23:57] | I want the homo-haters to like our kid just as much as you do. | 我也和你一样希望那些恐同者喜爱我们的孩子 |
[24:01] | You look very handsome in that suit. | 你穿这套西装很帅气 |
[24:03] | Well, I took a bath and everything. | 我可是洗干净好好打扮过的 |
[24:04] | This is it. Don’t be nervous. | 到了 别紧张 |
[24:08] | If my heart rate was any lower, I’d be dead. | 要是我心跳再慢点 我会死掉的 |
[24:20] | – Oh, hello. – Hello, we’re the, uh…. | -你们好 -你好 我们是… |
[24:23] | – The Kinneys? – Who? | -肯尼夫妇吧 -谁 |
[24:26] | – Mr. And Mrs. Kinney? – Right! | -肯尼先生和夫人 -没错 |
[24:29] | Sometimes she forgets. Don’t you, honey? | 她有时候会忘记 对吧 亲爱的 |
[24:31] | I didn’t forget. Huh! He’s such a kidder. | 我才没忘记呢 他很喜欢开玩笑 |
[24:34] | Oh, oh, please. | 请坐吧 |
[24:35] | Uh, I’ll tell Ms. Harper you’re here. | 我去通知哈珀女士你们来了 |
[24:52] | I told you to behave. Gee… | 我告诉你要乖乖的 天呐 |
[24:56] | Well, you could send me to the principal’s office | 送我去校长办公室吧 |
[24:57] | but I’m already here. | 不过我已经在这里了 |
[24:59] | This is all so strange. | 这一切太怪异了 |
[25:01] | I mean, I always knew one day I’d have a child. | 我总是知道将来我会有一个孩子 |
[25:03] | Like Gus. And he’d go to a school, like this one. | 就像盖斯 他要来这样一所学校上学 |
[25:06] | But I never imagined it to be like this. | 但我从没想到会面临这种情况 |
[25:09] | Well, there’s no predicting. | 不可能事事都预先做好”计”划 |
[25:12] | Oops, I said “dick”, didn’t I? | 天呐 我刚说了”鸡” 对不对 |
[25:15] | Can’t you be serious, for even a minute? | 你能不能正经点 哪怕一分钟也好 |
[25:21] | You’re on. | 开始计时 |
[25:26] | In fact, there was even a time… | 事实上 曾经有那么一段时间 |
[25:28] | when we first met… | 在我们刚认识时 |
[25:31] | that I thought this could’ve been the reality. | 我想过我们有可能在一起 |
[25:36] | Did you ever feel that way? | 你有那样想过吗 |
[25:40] | No. | 没有 |
[25:44] | Well, you wanted me to be serious, I… | 是你让我正经点的 我… |
[25:49] | That doesn’t mean I don’t love you. | 但这并不意味着我不爱你 |
[25:54] | Mr. And Mrs. Kinney? | 是肯尼先生和夫人吗 |
[25:57] | – Oh. Minute’s up. – Oh… yeah. | -一分钟时间到 -是啊 |
[25:58] | Oh, please, don’t be embarrassed. | 别觉得不好意思 |
[26:00] | It’s always nice to see young parents expressing affection. | 能见到年轻夫妇互相表达爱意其实很好 |
[26:04] | And I think it’s important | 而且让孩子看到 |
[26:05] | for children to see that too, don’t you agree? | 你们这般恩爱是很重要的 不是吗 |
[26:08] | Come into my office, please, | 请来我办公室吧 |
[26:09] | and we’ll discuss Gus’ future. | 我们谈谈盖斯的未来 |
[26:18] | I’d never, in a million years, know it was you. | 我永远也不可能认出这是你 |
[26:21] | 30 years is a long time. | 30年可不短呢 |
[26:24] | Try 31, huh! | 是31年 |
[26:26] | But who’s counting? | 但谁会数着呢 |
[26:27] | So, come on in. | 快进来吧 |
[26:31] | Can I fix you a drink? | 要喝点什么吗 |
[26:33] | No. No, thanks. | 不用了 谢谢 |
[26:40] | God, you got more shit than I do. | 老天 你的饰品和化妆品比我还多 |
[26:42] | These days,it takes a little longer to look fabulous. | 到了这年纪 要多花点功夫才能光彩照人 |
[26:47] | Tell me about it. | 可不是嘛 |
[26:50] | – Is this real? – Honey, I wish. | -这是真的吗 -我倒希望是 亲爱的 |
[26:55] | So, how are you doing, my Divina? | 我的迪薇娜 你还好吗 |
[27:03] | That’s what you called me in high school. | 高中时你就这么叫我 |
[27:05] | Now, your son tells me you work at the diner | 你儿子跟我说你在餐厅工作 |
[27:07] | and Vic was sick, and now he’s better. | 维克生病了 现在好些了 |
[27:10] | 30 years in a nutshell. | 30年就这么简单概括了 |
[27:12] | – 31. – Yeah. | -是31年 -是啊 |
[27:15] | Michael… is a very nice young man. | 迈克 是个很不错的年轻人 |
[27:21] | I’m very proud of him. | 我很为他骄傲 |
[27:22] | And I would be too. | 我也会的 |
[27:24] | He’s polite, caring, good looking. | 他彬彬有礼 会关心人 长得又帅 |
[27:29] | In fact, he reminded me a lot of someone I used to know. | 其实 他让我想起了我过去认识的一个人 |
[27:34] | Only at first, I couldn’t figure out who it was. | 不过一开始 我想不起来究竟是谁 |
[27:36] | Then when I discovered that you’re his mother, I realized… | 而当我发现他母亲就是你时 我意识到 |
[27:40] | I was looking at myself. | 我是在看我自己 |
[27:42] | In a mirror, through time. | 穿越时空 看到了年轻时的自己 |
[27:45] | Why didn’t you ever tell me? | 你怎么从来没告诉过我 |
[27:49] | You’d already left town. | 当时你已经走了 |
[27:53] | Run off to the big city to be a star. | 跑到大城市去当明星了 |
[27:57] | W-what was I supposed to do? Call you up | 我能怎么做呢 给你打电话 |
[27:59] | and say, “Hey! Guess what? You’re a dad. | 然后说 “嘿 猜猜怎么着 你当爸爸了 |
[28:03] | Come back and marry me.” | 回来娶我吧” |
[28:09] | So, you decided to have him on your own, | 所以你决定独自生下他 |
[28:12] | raise him on your own. | 独自抚养他 |
[28:15] | Must’ve taken a lot of courage. | 一定需要很多勇气吧 |
[28:19] | It was the easiest decision I ever made. | 那是我做过的最容易的决定 |
[28:24] | Who’d you tell him his father was? | 你跟他说他的亲生父亲是谁 |
[28:28] | A soldier who’d died in Vietnam. | 越战中牺牲的一位士兵 |
[28:32] | I picked his name out of the newspaper, from a list of the dead. | 我在报纸上的阵亡名单里选了一个名字 |
[28:39] | I even changed my own name. | 我甚至改了自己的姓氏 |
[28:43] | You went to a lot of trouble to make sure he’d never find out. | 你费了不少功夫 让他永远不会发现 |
[28:47] | I wanted him to have a hero. | 我希望他心中有个英雄 |
[28:49] | And I could never be that. | 而我永远成不了英雄 |
[28:54] | It wasn’t so much that you were gay, Danny. | 不是因为你是同性恋 丹尼 |
[28:58] | I always… | 我当年.. |
[28:59] | kind of suspected. | 一直有些怀疑你是 |
[29:00] | In fact, that’s prob-ably why I liked you. | 实际上 那或许正是我喜欢你的原因 |
[29:06] | It’s that you lied to me. | 问题是你骗了我 |
[29:09] | You weren’t the only one. | 我不仅骗了你 |
[29:11] | I lied to myself as well. | 我也骗了自己 |
[29:14] | I wanted to be something I wasn’t. | 我当年想伪装自己 |
[29:17] | Well, you sure as hell succeeded. | 那你的确成功了 |
[29:21] | And he sure as hell didn’t need to know | 而且他也确实没必要知道 |
[29:22] | that his dad was a drag queen. | 他的亲生父亲是个变装女王 |
[29:25] | And now he’s found your goddamn picture in the yearbook. | 现在他在毕业纪念册里发现了你那该死的照片 |
[29:30] | And he’s put two and two together. | 然后他开始想明白了 |
[29:34] | And knowing him, he’s coming here to talk to you any minute. | 我了解他 他随时可能来找你 |
[29:38] | Christ, what do I tell him? | 老天 我该怎么跟他说 |
[29:39] | Hell if I know. | 我哪知道 |
[29:41] | Well, I’m sure if you explained, that he’d understand. | 你要是跟他解释 他会理解的 |
[29:44] | What, that I’ve lied to him his entire life? | 怎么 跟他说我骗了他一辈子吗 |
[29:50] | He’ll never trust me again. | 他再也不会信任我了 |
[29:53] | And I wouldn’t blame him. | 我也不会怪他 |
[30:02] | We were with her almost two- and-a-half hours. | 我们跟她聊了差不多两个半小时 |
[30:04] | She seemed really impressed. | 她似乎对我们有深刻的印象 |
[30:06] | Well, that’s a good sign, isn’t it? | 那是个好兆头 不是吗 |
[30:08] | I hope so. | 希望如此 |
[30:18] | Christ, I hate these heels. | 天呐 我讨厌高跟鞋 |
[30:21] | Baby, come here. | 宝贝 过来 |
[30:27] | That’s nice. | 真舒服 |
[30:29] | And Brian behaved himself? | 布莱恩有乖乖的吗 |
[30:31] | More than behaved. | 不仅是乖 |
[30:33] | He was charming and attentive. | 他很有风度 还很关心人 |
[30:35] | I hope not too attentive. | 希望不要关心过头了 |
[30:38] | He complimented the school up the wazoo. | 他把学校猛夸了一顿 |
[30:41] | Everything was perfect. | 一切都很完美 |
[30:44] | So, why suddenly the long face? | 那你为什么突然拉长个脸 |
[30:46] | It should’ve been you and me in there. | 本来应该我们两个去的 |
[30:50] | Whatever it takes. | 不惜一切代价吧 |
[30:53] | – Besides, it was your idea. – I know. | -再说了 这也是你的主意 -我知道 |
[30:57] | It seemed like a good one at the time, but… | 当时觉得是个好主意 但… |
[30:59] | now, I don’t know. | 现在我也不确定了 |
[31:02] | Hey, don’t worry about it. | 好了 别担心 |
[31:05] | Sometimes the ends actually do justify the means. | 有时目的正当 可以不择手段 |
[31:08] | Besides, the important thing is, | 再说了 重要的是 |
[31:10] | is that Gus has the same chance as every other kid. | 要让盖斯和其他孩子有同等的机会 |
[31:17] | – Y-ELLO? – May I speak with Mrs. Kinney? | -你好 -肯尼夫人在吗 |
[31:19] | – Who? – Mrs. Kinney. | -找谁 -肯尼夫人 |
[31:22] | Yes. | 好的 |
[31:23] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[31:25] | Mrs. Kinney. | 肯尼夫人 |
[31:28] | Hello? | 你好 |
[31:31] | Ms. Harper. | 哈珀女士 |
[31:32] | Yes, thank you. | 是的 谢谢你 |
[31:35] | Oh-h, Mel and I… I mean… | 茉儿和我 我是说… |
[31:36] | Brian and I felt the same way. | 布莱恩和我也都这么觉得 |
[31:38] | We would be so pleased if Gus was enrolled in… | 如果你们能接收盖斯 我们就太高兴了 |
[31:41] | What? | 什么 |
[31:51] | “Uh-huh”, what? | 什么怎么了 |
[31:54] | I understand. | 我能理解 |
[31:56] | Well, uh… | 那么 |
[31:58] | Thank you for calling. | 谢谢你打电话过来 |
[32:03] | What? What’d she say? | 什么 她说什么了 |
[32:05] | – He didn’t get in. – What? | -他没被录取 -什么 |
[32:09] | He didn’t get in. | 他没被录取 |
[32:11] | Oh, god… Ms. Harper called with her apologies. | 天呐 哈珀女士打电话来道歉 |
[32:14] | She thought my husband and I were absolutely charming | 她觉得我丈夫和我都很不错 |
[32:16] | and they would love to have Gus, but… | 也很想接收盖斯 但是 |
[32:18] | So, what’s the problem? | 究竟有什么问题 |
[32:20] | They only had one spot open | 他们只有一个空缺 |
[32:21] | and they gave it to another child… | 他们把机会给了另一个孩子 |
[32:25] | with same-sex parents. | 家长是同性恋的一个孩子 |
[32:29] | Are you shitting me? | 你在逗我吧 |
[32:33] | The board decided | 学校董事会决定 |
[32:34] | that the student population had to be more diversified. | 学生群体应该更为多样化 |
[32:37] | Well, we’re going to sue. | 我们要起诉 |
[32:38] | Th-this is discrimination. | 这是歧视 |
[32:41] | Against who? Heterosexuals? | 歧视谁 异性恋吗 |
[32:50] | You think this is funny? | 你觉得这好笑是吗 |
[32:51] | I think it’s hilarious! | 我觉得简直笑死人了 |
[32:55] | Oh, wait till Brian hears. | 布莱恩听到这事得疯掉 |
[32:58] | What are we going to do now? | 现在我们如何是好 |
[33:00] | I’m going to take a bath. | 我要洗个澡 |
[33:03] | And first thing tomorrow, | 明天第一件事 |
[33:06] | we’re going to look for another school. | 就是再找一所学校 |
[33:08] | And this time, | 而这一次 |
[33:09] | Gus’ parents, Lindsay and Melanie, | 盖斯的家长 琳赛和茉蕾妮 |
[33:13] | will go to the interview. | 会去参加面试 |
[33:20] | Come on, rub my other foot. | 来 给我揉揉另一只脚 |
[33:22] | I’ll rub your other foot, | 让我给你揉脚 |
[33:24] | I’ll tell you I’m going to rub. | 让你见识下我还要揉揉什么 |
[33:56] | When I was in school, | 我上学那会儿 |
[33:57] | I had a part-time job walking people’s dogs. | 兼职帮人遛狗 |
[34:01] | Who knew you could make money wagging your tail? | 谁知道自己摇尾巴也能挣钱呢 |
[34:16] | Some turnout, huh? | 来的人可真多啊 |
[34:17] | – Congratula-tions, baby. – Thank you, | -祝贺你啊 宝贝 -谢啦 |
[34:20] | But I owe it all to Michael for delivering Divina. | 但都多亏了迈克请来迪薇娜 |
[34:23] | – There you go. – Thanks. | -给 -谢谢 |
[34:25] | Oh, show’s about to start. | 演出快开始了 |
[34:29] | See ya. | 回见 |
[34:31] | Aren’t you going to stay? | 你不打算留下观看吗 |
[34:35] | Hey, are you sticking around? | 嘿 你不打算留下吗 |
[34:36] | I thought you were his number one fan. | 我以为你是他的头号粉丝呢 |
[34:37] | Just leave me alone. | 别来烦我 |
[34:39] | How can somebody put on an act like that all these years? | 一个人怎么能演那么多年的戏啊 |
[34:42] | I’d rather have a high colonic | 我宁愿做个结肠冲洗 |
[34:43] | than hear some old queen do “Rose’s turn”. | 也不想听一位过气女王唱《眷顾罗丝》 |
[34:45] | I mean my mother. | 我是说我妈 |
[34:49] | You don’t know for sure. | 你还不能确定 |
[34:50] | That my mom lied to me? | 不能确定我妈骗我吗 |
[34:52] | That my father’s not a war hero, he’s… | 不能确定我爸不是个战争英雄 而是… |
[34:55] | Judy Garland? | 朱迪·嘉兰吗 |
[34:58] | Would you prefer Bette Davis? | 说是贝蒂·戴维斯还强一点不是吗 |
[35:05] | Maybe I should just forget it. | 也许我应该忘记这一切 |
[35:06] | And now, ladies and gentlemen, | 现在 女士们先生们 |
[35:07] | ladies who are gentlemen, gentlemen who are ladies | 男儿身的女士 和女儿身的男士 |
[35:10] | and anyone else that management sincerely regrets having omitted, | 以及未能提及的来宾 见谅了 |
[35:13] | The Angel Ball welcomes its favourite angel, | 天使舞会有请我们最火的天使 |
[35:16] | Pittsburgh’s own Mr. Divina Devore. | 来自匹兹堡本地的迪薇娜·德沃尔先生 |
[35:20] | ♪Heaven, I’m in heaven.♪ | ♪天堂 我身处天堂♪ |
[35:24] | ♪And my heart beats so that I can hardly speak.♪ | ♪我心悸动 无法言语♪ |
[35:30] | ♪And I seem to find♪ | ♪仿佛找到♪ |
[35:32] | ♪the happiness I seek.♪ | ♪我要的幸福♪ |
[35:34] | Look up there! | 看上面 |
[35:35] | ♪When we’re out together dancing cheek to cheek.♪ | ♪我们卿卿我我 热舞翩翩♪ |
[35:44] | ♪Oh, heaven, I’m in heaven.♪ | ♪天堂啊 我身处天堂♪ |
[35:49] | ♪And the cares that hung around me through a week♪ | ♪关爱环绕着我♪ |
[35:55] | ♪seem to vanish like a gambler’s lucky streak.♪ | ♪却仿佛如赌徒的好运稍纵即逝♪ |
[36:00] | ♪When we’re out together swinging cheek to cheek.♪ | ♪我们卿卿我我 摇曳生姿♪ |
[36:06] | Ooh, Pittsburgh. | 匹兹堡 |
[36:10] | ♪Dance with me I want the arm of you,♪ | ♪与我共舞吧 你的臂弯♪ |
[36:15] | ♪the charm of you,♪ | ♪你的魅力♪ |
[36:17] | ♪will carry me through to…♪ | ♪带我去到♪ |
[36:21] | ♪Heaven, I’m in heaven…♪ | ♪天堂 我身处天堂♪ |
[36:27] | Michael. | 迈克 |
[36:29] | May I come in? | 我能进来吗 |
[36:31] | Usually don’t undress in front of men I barely know, | 我一般不在陌生男人面前换衣服 |
[36:33] | but, in your case, I’ll make an exception. | 但是 你例外啦 |
[36:36] | How’d it go? | 进展如何 |
[36:37] | Did “Angels over Pittsburgh”… | 我的匹兹堡天使秀有没有 |
[36:39] | make buckets of bucks? | 募集到一些钱 |
[36:42] | Enough to bail them out for a while. | 足够应付一段时间了 |
[36:43] | It was great of you to help. | 你能帮忙真是太好了 |
[36:44] | Well, it’s the last benefit I’ll ever do. | 这是我最后一次做义演了 |
[36:46] | Somehow I doubt that. | 我才不信 |
[36:51] | You take care of yourself, Michael. | 照顾好自己 迈克 |
[36:53] | It was nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[36:54] | Actually, I have another favour. | 其实 还想请你帮个忙 |
[36:57] | For heaven’s sake, | 我的老天爷 |
[36:59] | haven’t we done enough for humanity? | 我们为人类做的还不够多吗 |
[37:01] | Any more and… and I’ll be irritable all week. | 再来一次 我这一整周都会暴躁不安 |
[37:05] | It’s not charity. | 不是做慈善 |
[37:06] | Although you’d be helping me out a lot if you’d look at this. | 但如果你能看下这个 就能帮上我很大的忙 |
[37:10] | It’s your old high school yearbook. | 是你高中时的毕业纪念册 |
[37:13] | And this is you. | 这是你 |
[37:19] | Oh, my god. | 天呐 |
[37:21] | I haven’t seen that in 30… | 我有30年没见过这个… |
[37:23] | …make that 18 years. | 其实是18年 |
[37:26] | Notice any resemblance? | 是不是有点像某个人 |
[37:28] | Yeah. It’s unmistakable. | 是呀 错不了的 |
[37:30] | I look exactly like Tom Cruise. | 我长得的确像汤姆·克鲁斯 |
[37:33] | I meant to me. | 我是说长得像我 |
[37:36] | You? | 你 |
[37:39] | Well, I appreciate the flattery, | 谢谢你的恭维了 |
[37:41] | but frankly, no. I don’t see it. | 但是坦白说 我不觉得像 |
[37:44] | How can you miss it? | 你怎么会不觉得像呢 |
[37:45] | I mean, the way you looked back then, the way I look now. | 你以前的样子和我现在的样子 |
[37:47] | I mean, we’re practically identical twins. | 简直就跟同卵双胞胎一样 |
[37:50] | Well, I suppose if you squint | 如果眯着眼睛看 |
[37:52] | there’s a slight resemblance. But so what? | 是有一点像 那又怎么样呢 |
[37:55] | Here, help me with this zipper. | 来 帮我拉一下拉链 |
[37:58] | I asked for a dresser, | 我要求有服装师 |
[37:59] | – and they’re too goddamn cheap… – Are you my father? | -只是他们都太”便宜”… -你是我父亲吗 |
[38:05] | This is a fine time to ask. | 问得真是时候 |
[38:07] | As you’re helping me out of my gown. | 在你帮我脱女士长袍的时候问 |
[38:10] | You were seeing my mother then. | 你那时候在和我妈恋爱 |
[38:11] | The timing is exactly right for you to have… | 时间完全对得上 就是你… |
[38:13] | Knocked her up? | 把她肚子搞大了 |
[38:15] | First, I would’ve had to have gotten it up. | 首先 我至少得能硬得起来啊 |
[38:18] | What, you mean, you and she never… | 你是说你跟她从来没… |
[38:20] | Look at me. | 看看我 |
[38:23] | Do I look like the kind of guy… | 我看起来像那种 |
[38:24] | who goes around banging babes? | 到处找姑娘上床的人吗 |
[38:28] | Your mother was hardly my type. | 你老妈也不是我的菜啊 |
[38:30] | But you said she was beautiful | 可你说过她漂亮 |
[38:32] | and that back then you used to bat for the other team. | 并且当年你还是喜欢女人的 |
[38:35] | Drag queens are notorious liars. | 变装女王都是出了名的骗子 |
[38:37] | Everyone knows that. | 世人皆知 |
[38:40] | So, what does your mother say? | 那你妈又是怎么说的 |
[38:42] | She says my father is this big war hero. | 她说我父亲是个战争英雄 |
[38:45] | So, why don’t you believe that? | 那你为什么不相信呢 |
[38:48] | Because the story keeps changing, and there… | 因为她的说法一直在变 而且 |
[38:50] | there’s only one picture, and the guy doesn’t even look like me. | 只有一张照片 那家伙跟我一点都不像 |
[38:54] | Look, I’m not making any demands. | 听着 我不是要提什么要求 |
[38:56] | I’m not even asking that we stay in touch, | 我甚至不要求跟你保持联系 |
[38:58] | I just want to know the truth. | 我只是想知道真相 |
[39:04] | Michael, may I tell you… | 迈克 我能跟你说说 |
[39:08] | the one truth I’ve learned in all my years? | 我多年来学到的真相吗 |
[39:13] | The truth is what you choose to believe. | 真相 就是你选择去相信的东西 |
[39:21] | When I’m on stage, | 我往台上一站 |
[39:23] | people believe I’m Divina Devore. | 大家都相信我是迪薇娜·德沃尔 |
[39:27] | Not because I’m a great female impersonator, | 不是因为我是个优秀的反串演员 |
[39:30] | but because they want to. | 而是他们都选择这么认为 |
[39:33] | What does it have to do with whether you’re my father, | 这跟你是不是我父亲 |
[39:35] | o-or if my mother lied to me? | 或者我妈是否骗了我有什么关系 |
[39:39] | Your mother… | 你妈妈 |
[39:41] | gave you something to believe in. | 给了你一个信仰 |
[39:44] | A hero. | 一个英雄 |
[39:45] | A father you could be proud of. | 一个能让你感到骄傲的父亲 |
[39:48] | Because she loves you. | 因为她爱你 |
[39:51] | That’s the truth. | 这就是真相 |
[39:54] | Whether you choose to believe it or not… | 要不要选择相信 |
[39:59] | is up to you. | 就看你自己了 |
[40:27] | Still here? | 还在这儿啊 |
[40:28] | So, how did I do? | 我表现得怎么样 |
[40:31] | Not bad… | 还不错 |
[40:33] | …for your first time. | 就第一次而言 |
[40:37] | But, the tips suck. | 但是小费也太少了 |
[40:41] | What were you expecting? | 你指望有多少 |
[40:42] | More than I make working at the diner. | 比我在餐厅拿得多 |
[40:46] | Well, you need to dance on the bar. | 那你就得上高台跳了 |
[40:49] | How do I do that? | 我要怎么才能上去 |
[40:51] | Look, you gotta work your way up. | 你得付出努力 才能慢慢站上去 |
[40:52] | Maybe in six months. | 可能要六个月后 |
[40:54] | Huh, six months? | 六个月 |
[40:57] | I need money now to pay for school. | 我现在就需要钱付学费 |
[41:00] | That is a problem. | 那的确是个问题 |
[41:09] | Tell you what. | 不如这样吧 |
[41:12] | You give me some time, I’ll give you some time. | 你陪我玩玩 我就早点让你上高台 |
[41:21] | No, thanks. | 不用 谢了 |
[41:24] | Up to you. Oh, but if you change your mind… | 随你 不过你要是改变主意了 |
[41:27] | and decide you want to make, | 希望一个月能挣到 |
[41:29] | say a couple of thou’ a month, let me know. | 几千美元什么的 随时告诉我 |
[42:50] | Still up? | 还没睡呢 |
[42:53] | Yeah, I’m doing my homework. | 是啊 我在做”作业”呢 |
[42:58] | It’s late. | 这么晚才回来 |
[43:00] | I had to talk to the boss. | 我跟老板谈了一下 |
[43:05] | He said starting tomorrow I could dance on the bar. | 他说明天开始我可以在高台上跳了 |
[43:10] | After only one night? | 才跳一晚就让你上高台吗 |
[43:12] | I told you I can take care of myself. | 我就说我能照顾好自己吧 |
[43:32] | Yeah, I guess you can. | 是啊 大概的确可以吧 |
[43:53] | Ma, what are you doing up so late? | 妈 你这么晚在干什么 |
[43:57] | Couldn’t sleep. | 睡不着 |
[43:59] | What about you? | 你呢 |
[44:01] | Same. | 一样 |
[44:04] | I came to return this. | 我来还这个 |
[44:07] | You can have it. | 你留着吧 |
[44:10] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[44:11] | Just putting things away, | 收拾东西啊 |
[44:13] | making room. | 腾点地方 |
[44:15] | Something I should’ve done a long time ago. | 我早就该收起来了 |
[44:18] | It’s dad’s shrine. | 那是爸爸的神龛 |
[44:20] | Yeah, so? | 那又怎样 |
[44:21] | So, you can’t just get rid of it. | 你不能就这么处理掉啊 |
[44:24] | No need for it now. | 不再需要它了 |
[44:28] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[44:31] | There’s no need to pretend, Michael. | 别再装了 迈克 |
[44:37] | – The truth is… – Just like you said. | -真相是… -正如你所说 |
[44:42] | My father… | 我父亲… |
[44:44] | is lieutenant John Michael Novotny, | 是约翰·迈克·诺瓦特尼中尉 |
[44:48] | died in Vietnam, April 10th, 1970. | 1970年4月10日死于越南 |
[44:55] | He was killed just two weeks after I was born. | 他在我出生后两周遇害 |
[44:58] | When the jeep he was driving ran over a land mine… | 他开的吉普车触到了地雷 |
[45:00] | while he was carving a path through the jungle… | 当时他正在丛林里行进 |
[45:02] | on a mission to save his troops. | 执行救援他的部队的任务 |
[45:08] | Right, Ma? | 是吧 妈妈 |
[45:12] | Right. | 是的 |
[45:15] | For which he was posthumously awarded the Purple Heart. | 他被追封授予了紫心勋章 |
[45:28] | And his last words were, | 他的遗言是 |
[45:32] | “Tell my son | “告诉我儿子 |
[45:35] | I love him more than life itself… | 我爱他胜过生命…” |
[45:42] | And I’ll always be proud of him.” | “我会永远以他为傲” |