时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:10] | *Sometimes parents get stuck at work * | 有时爹妈工作忙 |
[00:12] | *They want to pick you up, but their boss is a jerk * | 想来接你可老板无良 |
[00:13] | *And that’s when a kid and day care worker must wait * | 宝贝和阿姨等得心慌慌 |
[00:16] | *Because parents are late* | 只因某当爹的没赶上 |
[00:19] | *By now I usually hear your father’s van * | 平常已该听到你爹的货车响 |
[00:21] | *But it’s not like I have any big plans * | 虽然我也没啥大计划要去闯 |
[00:23] | *It’s been forever since I was out with a man * | 佳人有约早已是那尘封的过往 |
[00:25] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[00:26] | I mean, like out out, like… | 我意思是正儿八经的约会 |
[00:28] | you know, somewhere nice. | 去个好地方之类的 |
[00:30] | I’ve had booty calls, so… | 当然我也打过快炮 |
[00:31] | and I’m doing okay, | 感觉也还行 |
[00:33] | but… I’m just ready | 可是 我只是已经准备好 |
[00:34] | for something more, you know? | 来段深层次点的关系了 你懂吗 |
[00:37] | And I don’t know how long I’m gonna have to wait… | 我不知道还要等待多久 |
[00:39] | *And wait and wait and wait and wait * | 等啊等啊等啊等 |
[00:41] | *When parents are late. * | 某个当爹的没赶上 |
[00:43] | Well, that’s all the words that I have for that song. | 这首歌我只能想出这些词儿了 |
[01:01] | Sorry! I knew I was late, but I didn’t realize | 抱歉 我知道自己迟到了 不过没想到 |
[01:04] | I was trombone-solo late. | 已经晚到”长号独奏”的份上了 |
[01:18] | What’s that? | 这是虾米 |
[01:19] | Oh, it’s our new computer. | 咱家的新电脑 |
[01:20] | The lady I clean for caught her son shaving his privates | 我打扫的一户人家 当妈的逮到自己的儿子 |
[01:22] | on something called “Chat Roulette.” | 在什么”聊天轮盘”上剃自己的鸟毛 |
[01:25] | Anyway, he got shipped off to military school | 总之 那小子被打发去了军校 |
[01:27] | and we got a new computer! | 而咱家则有了新电脑 |
[01:29] | Hey, slow down there, Jimmy. | 悠着点 吉米 |
[01:31] | Do you even know what the hell you’re doing? | 你知不知道自己在干啥 |
[01:33] | Of course he knows what he’s doing, Burt! | 伯特 他当然知道自己在干啥 |
[01:35] | It’s a computer, not a condom. | 这是电脑 不是安全套 |
[01:36] | Hilarious, Mom. | 老妈 够幽默 |
[01:38] | And relax, Dad– nothing’s gonna happen. | 老爸放轻松点 不会发生啥事滴 |
[01:40] | I’m telling you, that machine brings all the bad stuff | 我警告你 这机器会把所有不好的东东 |
[01:42] | right into your house! | 带进咱家 |
[01:43] | If you’re a repulsive shopper, | 如果你是个令店家讨厌的顾客 |
[01:44] | you buy stuff on there; | 那你可以用这玩意儿买东西 |
[01:46] | if you’re a sex addict, there’s plenty of that on there. | 如果你是性瘾者 这玩意也能完全满足你 |
[01:48] | Yeah, we get it– there’s eBay and porn and gambling. | 哎呀咱懂 不就是网购 黄片儿加赌博嘛 |
[01:51] | There’s gambling on there? If I… | 还有赌博吗 如果我 |
[01:53] | Oh, see? I can’t even be in the same room as that thing! | 瞧见没 我绝不能跟这玩意儿共处一室 |
[01:57] | Hey, ask it if they ever found that city | 问下电脑 被大卫·科波菲尔整没的城市 |
[01:58] | David Copperfield made disappear. | 到底找着没呀 |
[02:00] | What kind of gambling? ‘Cause I think | 啥类型的赌博 我觉得吧 |
[02:02] | a little bit wouldn’t be a problem for me. | 小赌可以怡情啊 |
[02:09] | Can you imagine what it’s like to be an ant? | 能想像做蚂蚁是个啥调调吗 |
[02:11] | It’s like you and ten of your buddies | 比如你和十只蚂蚁兄弟 |
[02:13] | pick up a potato chip, bring it back | 抬着一片薯片运回家 |
[02:15] | to your ant family so everyone can eat, | 然后蚁爹蚁妈就都有得吃了 |
[02:17] | and it takes you, like, three hours | 你得花上三个小时的时间 |
[02:19] | to get from over there to over there. | 把这薯片从那儿搬到那儿 |
[02:23] | And just when you think you got it all figured out, | 然后正当你以为自己搞定了一切时 |
[02:26] | some jerk comes along and… | 某位混蛋出现 然后… |
[02:31] | Ants. | 蚂蚁 |
[02:33] | Uh, here’s your half of the cookie. | 这是你的半边曲奇饼 |
[02:35] | Oh, cool. | 爽 |
[02:38] | Thanks for the show, boys. | 孩子们 多谢卖力的演出 |
[02:45] | Oh, God. | 额滴神 |
[02:47] | Look who it is. | 瞧瞧谁来了 |
[02:57] | Burt! | 伯特 |
[02:59] | Jimmy! | 吉米 |
[03:00] | Thumb. | 大拇指 |
[03:02] | I thought you were putting me out of business. | 我以为你已经除尽天下无敌草了 |
[03:04] | How long ago was that, Burt? | 那是多久以前的事了 伯特 |
[03:06] | – 20 years. – Your daddy ever | -二十年前 -你老爸 |
[03:09] | tell you what he said to me the day he quit? | 从未告诉过你 他辞职那天对我说了啥吗 |
[03:11] | “Take this job and shave it.” | 要干你干 除你妈的 |
[03:14] | “Shove it.” I said, “Take this job and shove it.” | “去你妈的” 我说的是”要干你干 去你妈的” |
[03:18] | He said “Shave it.” | 他说的是”除你妈的” |
[03:19] | I meant “Shove it.” | 反正我的意思是”去你妈的” |
[03:21] | You know, | 你知道不 |
[03:23] | the city parks contract is up for grabs again. | 市公园的合同又在招标了 |
[03:26] | I noticed you don’t even put in a bid anymore. | 我发现你连投标都放弃了 |
[03:29] | I don’t need any city contracts. | 我不需要什么市政合同 |
[03:31] | I don’t need the hassle. | 我不想自找麻烦 |
[03:33] | My son and I, we got a good thing going with our two-man crew. | 上阵不离父子兵 咱爷俩正好 |
[03:44] | Yeah, having a big crew sucks. | 是啊 人多了确实麻烦 |
[03:46] | Gotta go! | 闪了 |
[03:53] | Oh, it’s Hope’s day care. | 喜旺的日托所打来的 |
[03:55] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:57] | Big crew… | 爷们儿多 |
[03:58] | What? | 什么 |
[03:59] | You’re kidding. | 你不是说真的吧 |
[04:04] | Um, uh, there’s some sort of green fluid coming out of her nose. | 她的鼻子里流出来一些不明绿色液体 |
[04:09] | It could be mucus, but we don’t know. | 可能是鼻涕 可我们不确定 |
[04:10] | It’s just a cold. | 感冒而已 |
[04:11] | Uh, yes, she’d be a new patient. | 是的 这是她第一次看病 |
[04:13] | I don’t know, hold on a second. | 我不清楚 请稍等 |
[04:16] | What type of insurance do we have? | 咱家有哪种类型的医保 |
[04:23] | – We don’t have that. – No. | -咱家没医保 -没有 |
[04:24] | Uh, yes, hello? | 是我 喂 |
[04:26] | Uh… I don’t have insurance, | 我没有医保 |
[04:28] | so is that, is that gonna be a problem? | 这样会有问题吗 |
[04:31] | Hello? | 喂 |
[04:32] | Um, hello? | 喂 |
[04:34] | Insurance! | 医保 |
[04:35] | Sure, I’ll just have the butler go get it | 必须的 我会让管家 |
[04:38] | out of the hot air balloon. | 去热气球上拿 |
[04:49] | I can’t believe it. | 难以置信 |
[04:51] | I’ve called every doctor in town, | 我已经给镇上所有医生打了电话 |
[04:52] | and no one’ll see me without insurance– | 没医保的情况下谁都不肯医咱们 |
[04:54] | which they tell me most people get from their boss. | 而且他们说 大多数人的医保都是老板买的 |
[04:57] | What are you guys doing? | 你俩又在折腾啥 |
[04:58] | Quarantining Maw Maw. | 隔离奶奶 |
[05:00] | She’s 84 years old, and if she catches Hope’s cold, | 她已经八十四高龄了 如果染上了喜旺的感冒 |
[05:02] | it could kill her. | 她命就要休矣了 |
[05:04] | And that means dealing with that creepy funeral director. | 那就意味着得和那个诡异的殡葬师打交道 |
[05:06] | No thank you. | 老子才不干呢 |
[05:13] | How are we supposed to pass the food through that? | 咱咋把食物递进去啊 |
[05:17] | Well, I figured we could just pour it through this. | 我寻思着用这个倒进去 |
[05:20] | Well, when you get done with that, maybe you can tell me | 你搞定这个后 是否可以告诉我 |
[05:23] | why you don’t have insurance for your only employee. | 为啥你不给你唯一的员工买医保 |
[05:26] | I can’t afford it. | 买不起呗 |
[05:27] | Besides, it’s unnecessary. | 而且根本没必要 |
[05:28] | We’re not cars, Jimmy. | 吉米 咱又不是车 非得买车险 |
[05:30] | The human body heals itself. | 人体可以自愈 |
[05:31] | Look, Jimmy, | 听着 吉米 |
[05:32] | it’s natural to get worried when your baby’s sick, | 孩子生病你担心是正常的 |
[05:36] | but it’s normal. | 可这没啥大不了的 |
[05:37] | You get sick, you get better, you get sick, you get better, | 你病了 你好了 你又病了 你又好了 |
[05:40] | you get sick, you die– that’s life. | 你再病了 你挂了 这就是人生 |
[05:42] | Well, we can’t do nothing. | 可我们不能干瞪眼啊 |
[05:43] | What did you guys do when I got sick? | 我生病时你们都咋做的 |
[05:49] | You did nothing? | 你们居然让我自生自灭 |
[05:50] | No! Obviously, when you were really bad, | 当然不是啦 如果你真的病得很重 |
[05:53] | we called the doctor. | 我们会给医生打电话的 |
[05:55] | Now, the shampoo will kill them, | 洗发水就能杀死它们 |
[05:56] | but it may take a couple of tries. | 不过要耐心多试几次 |
[05:58] | Come on, give me the phone. | 快点 把电话给我 |
[05:59] | Shh. I’m on next. | 嘘 下一个就是我了 |
[06:01] | I think I’m going to barf. | 我觉得我要吐了 |
[06:04] | Next up, we have a call from | 接下来 是一位名叫维吉妮亚的 |
[06:05] | a young mother named Virginia. | 年轻妈妈的来电 |
[06:07] | Virginia, welcome to The Dr. Tim Show. | 维吉妮亚 欢迎致电蒂姆医生电波秀 |
[06:09] | I’m… Dr. Tim. | 我是蒂姆医生 |
[06:11] | Hi, Dr. Tim! Okay, so my baby has… | 你好 蒂姆医生 我的宝宝得了… |
[06:14] | Baba-booey! Baba-booey! | 巴巴啵啵 巴巴啵啵 |
[06:17] | I could’ve died. | 我没准儿会死的 |
[06:18] | Stop being so dramatic. | 别装文弱书生了 |
[06:21] | You’re lucky we didn’t pump you full of antibiotics. | 我们没给你灌一肚子抗生素已经不错了 |
[06:24] | Hey, you’re like that expensive meat they sell at those fancy stores | 你就像高级商店里面那些高价肉 |
[06:28] | where everybody has BO | 那些店里的人都爱把头发抹得锃亮 |
[06:29] | and they make you bring your own bags. | 还得让你自备购物袋 |
[06:32] | No. You just did the least amount of work possible and got lucky. | 才不是 你就是爱偷懒外加运气好 |
[06:35] | But I’m not just gonna wait around and see what happens. | 我可不会就这么眼巴巴地干等着 |
[06:37] | I’m taking Hope to that free clinic i found in the computer. | 我要带喜旺去网上搜到的那个免费诊所 |
[06:40] | Fine, but I’m going with you | 好吧 不过我要跟你一块儿去 |
[06:41] | so I can laugh in your face | 等医生告诉你我是对的 |
[06:43] | when the doctor tells you I was right. | 我就可以当面嘲笑你了 |
[06:44] | Good. That way when the doctor says Hope has some horrible disease, | 很好 那等医生说喜旺得了什么重病时 |
[06:47] | I can laugh in your face. | 我也可以当面嘲笑你了 |
[06:51] | But I won’t, because I’ll be very sad. | 但我不会嘲笑你的 因为我会非常郁闷 |
[07:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[07:12] | A doctor can see Hope next Tuesday at 11:00 A.M. | 下周二上午十一点 有个医生可以给喜旺看病 |
[07:16] | But… but that’s practically a week from now. | 但那已经差不多是一个礼拜之后了 |
[07:19] | Look, we are a free clinic, and we are doing the best we can. | 听着 免费诊所就是这样 |
[07:22] | Shoot, we only got one thermometer. | 该死 我们甚至只有一支温度计 |
[07:24] | But she could be better by next Tuesday. | 可她要是现在就诊 没准儿下周二已经快好了 |
[07:26] | Probably. From the looks of these symptoms, | 有可能吧 从现有症状来判断 |
[07:29] | I’m guessing it’s just a cold. | 我看她就是感冒了 |
[07:31] | Thank you! | 谢谢啊 |
[07:37] | I want to buy cough medicine, | 我想买点止咳药 |
[07:39] | but all that’s there are these cards. | 但是放药的地方只有这些卡片 |
[07:41] | Uh, do I give this to you? | 把它给你可以吗 |
[07:43] | Sure do. | 没问题 |
[07:47] | What’s happening? Did I win something? | 咋的了 我中奖了吗 |
[07:49] | Yep. A starring role in my favorite show. | 没错 你要领衔主演我最爱的戏码了 |
[07:52] | Apparently, cough syrup is the main ingredient used by meth labs, | 明显 止咳糖浆是制造甲基苯丙胺的基本原料 |
[07:55] | so we can’t just sell it to anybody. | 所以我们不能随便出售 |
[07:57] | Frederick, Frederick, guard the door. | 小弗子 小弗子 守住门口 |
[08:02] | Dilated pupils. | 瞳孔扩散 |
[08:04] | What’s your name, tweaker? You have some I.D.? | 吸毒的 你叫啥 身份证拿出来 |
[08:06] | Tell him I’m not a meth-head. | 告诉他我不吸毒 |
[08:07] | I’ve never met this guy. | 我从没见过这个人 |
[08:08] | Come on. | 拜托 |
[08:09] | Shifty eyes. Check. | 贼眉鼠眼 完毕 |
[08:12] | Pasty skin. Check. | 面无血色 完毕 |
[08:13] | Poor hygiene. Check. | 不讲卫生 完毕 |
[08:15] | Bad teeth. Check. | 一口烂牙 完毕 |
[08:15] | Check. I know I should brush better, | 我知道我该好好刷牙 |
[08:17] | but I’m not a tweaker. | 但我真的不吸毒 |
[08:18] | Well, we’ll see what the database says. | 那咱就来查查数据库吧 |
[08:21] | Great. Now I can’t get medicine for my daughter. | 这下可好 我没法儿给我闺女买药了 |
[08:24] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[08:26] | You can’t give that to Hope. | 你不能给喜旺吃那玩意儿 |
[08:27] | Look, it says right here: “Not for children under the age of two. | 看 上面写着”两岁以下儿童不宜使用” |
[08:30] | Please consult a doctor.” | “使用前请咨询医生” |
[08:31] | I’ve tried to consult a doctor, | 我倒想咨询医生来着 |
[08:32] | but I couldn’t, because I don’t have insurance. | 但我咨询不上啊 我没有医保 |
[08:34] | You should work here. | 你该来这儿工作 |
[08:35] | Everybody gets insurance, even the part-timers. | 这儿的人都有医保 兼职的也不例外 |
[08:38] | Wow. Nice owners. | 哇塞 老板太有爱了 |
[08:40] | Well, you’re not on our list, | 我们的名单上没有你 |
[08:42] | so I can’t legally prevent you from buying this. | 在法律上 我不能阻止你买这药 |
[08:44] | But I want you to look into your heart… | 但我希望你扪心自问… |
[08:45] | I don’t want it anymore. | 我不想买了 |
[08:48] | I knew it! | 我就知道 |
[08:49] | That’s five this week, people! | 本周第五个了 同志们 |
[08:50] | I’ve turned five this week! | 这礼拜我劝回去五个人了 |
[08:52] | Barney Hughes– selling groceries, saving lives. | 巴尼·休斯 卖的是杂货 救的是人命 |
[09:00] | No, I cannot pour faster, Maw Maw– | 不行 我不能再倒快点儿了 奶奶 |
[09:02] | you’ll get a brain freeze. | 否则会把你脑子会被冻疼的 |
[09:04] | She loves her smoothies, but she just can’t pace herself. | 她爱吃冰沙 可就是不懂节制 |
[09:07] | I think I’ve figured out how to get insurance for Hope. | 我知道怎么给喜旺上医保了 |
[09:09] | Why? Her cold’s practically gone. | 上医保干啥 她感冒都快好了 |
[09:11] | Well, yeah, but that doesn’t mean | 可谁能保证 |
[09:12] | she’s never gonna get another one. | 她不会再感冒了呢 |
[09:13] | Or something worse. | 甚至是什么更重的病呢 |
[09:15] | She needs insurance. | 她得有医保 |
[09:18] | No! I’m counting to ten before I pour more– deal with it! | 不行 我数十下再给你倒 没得商量 |
[09:21] | What’s your plan? | 你打算怎么干 |
[09:24] | They need a bagger at the grocery store. | 杂货店的人要招个装袋工 |
[09:26] | You can’t do that, Jimmy– you work for me. | 你不能去 吉米 你给我打工的 |
[09:29] | Well, I’m still gonna work for you in the daytime. | 我白天继续给你打工 |
[09:31] | This is at night… | 晚上才去杂货店 |
[09:32] | and what are you doing with my daughter? | 你拿我闺女干啥呢 |
[09:33] | I’m getting her up where the good steam is. | 我把她举高高 高处有水蒸气 很有用的 |
[09:36] | Some of us know how to treat a cold, which is all that is. | 某人会治感冒 就是现在这两招 |
[09:39] | It’s coming! | 来啦 |
[09:42] | You can’t work at that store, Jimmy. | 你不能去杂货店工作 吉米 |
[09:43] | You’ll be low man on the totem pole, | 你会成为金字塔最底层的人 |
[09:44] | just like I was when I worked for Green Thumb. | 就像我当年在绿拇指一样 |
[09:46] | You ever seen a totem pole? | 你见过人肉金字塔吗 |
[09:48] | You got, like, six people and an eagle standing on your head. | 就像 六个人外加一只鹰站在你头上 |
[09:50] | That’s no way to live, man. | 你扛不住的 伙计 |
[09:52] | Listen, if you really think you need insurance, | 听着 如果你真的需要医保 |
[09:53] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想办法的 |
[09:55] | How? I thought you said you can’t afford it. | 怎么想 我以为你付不起呢 |
[09:57] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[09:58] | Here, take her. | 给你 抱着她 |
[10:01] | Your dad knows how to take care of things when he needs to. | 你老爸总能在关键时刻挺身而出 |
[10:03] | I’m gonna steal that contract away from Green Thumb. | 我要把那份市政合同从绿拇指手里抢过来 |
[10:06] | They’re not gonna give you this job. | 你争不过绿拇指的 |
[10:08] | Green Thumb’s crew shows up in clean, matching jumpsuits. | 他们的员工都穿着干净合体的统一连身裤 |
[10:11] | Half the people in this town | 镇上的半数人 |
[10:12] | have seen you mow lawns in your pajama bottoms. | 都见过你穿着睡裤剪草坪 |
[10:14] | Have a little faith in your father, Jimmy. | 对你老爸有点信心嘛 吉米 |
[10:16] | You’ll see. | 等着瞧吧 |
[10:17] | All I have to do is write up a bid. | 我只要写份标书就能搞定 |
[10:19] | In fact, I can probably | 实际上 我只要想法子 |
[10:20] | just update the last proposal I worked on. | 把上次写好的标书改改就行 |
[10:23] | Virginia! | 维吉妮亚 |
[10:24] | Have you seen my proposal? | 看到我的标书了吗 |
[10:26] | It’s in a green notebook. | 夹在本绿色笔记本里的 |
[10:27] | I left it right here 15 years ago. | 十五年前我就把它搁在这个位置 |
[10:37] | Times New Roman… | 新罗马字体 |
[10:40] | Courier… no… | 等宽的呢 不好 |
[10:43] | Lucida Grande, maybe? | 看看无衬线体怎么样 |
[10:45] | Ooh, Franklin Gothic Medium, that’s the ticket. | 富兰克林哥特体好像更适合 |
[10:48] | It’s a business proposal– | 你写的是商业标书 |
[10:50] | I don’t think you’re supposed to use a different font for every letter. | 不用每个字母都用不同的字体吧 |
[10:52] | I’m just making it fun for them to read. | 我只是想优化他们的阅读体验 |
[10:54] | Besides, the proposal’s just a “Formicality.” | 而且这份标书走的可是字体风 |
[10:57] | The way Thumb gets these jobs | 绿拇指赢得这些工作的方法就是 |
[10:58] | is wining and dining the councilmen. | 大鱼大肉 各种腐败 |
[11:00] | That’s the three D’s: | 也是传说中的”三美” |
[11:02] | Dinner, drinks, and triple-D cups at a boobie bar. | 美食 美酒 美人乡 |
[11:07] | I gotta take this bag boy job. | 我得去杂货店工作 |
[11:09] | All right, he’s typing a proposal with, like, | 他卯足了劲在用千万种字体 |
[11:11] | a million different fonts on it. | 敲他那个标书 |
[11:12] | It looks like a ransom note. | 搞得像勒索信一样 |
[11:14] | Dinner’s almost ready, Maw Maw. | 晚饭马上就好 奶奶 |
[11:16] | It’s your favorite. | 是你最爱的 |
[11:17] | Chicken colada. | 奶油鸡哦 |
[11:19] | Mom, you’re not listening to me. | 妈 你听我说话了么 |
[11:20] | If I wait any longer, | 要是我再踌躇下去 |
[11:22] | someone else is going to take this bagging job. | 立马会有人顶替我去当装袋工的 |
[11:24] | You want to break your dad’s heart? | 你想伤你爸的心吗 |
[11:25] | ‘Cause that’s what you’ll be doing if you take that job. | 要是他知道了 肯定伤心死了 |
[11:27] | You’re basically saying you don’t have any faith in him. | 这等于在告诉他 你对他没信心 |
[11:30] | Okay, but I’m somebody’s dad now, too, | 可我现在也是当爹的人了 |
[11:32] | and it’s my job to do whatever I have to do to take care of her. | 我有责任不惜一切代价照顾好我女儿 |
[11:37] | Fine. Do what you got to do. | 好吧 随你 |
[11:38] | But don’t let your dad find out. | 但千万别被你爸发现 |
[11:40] | Hopefully, he’ll get that contract, and you can quit | 上帝保佑他真能拿到合同 |
[11:42] | before he ever has to know. | 那你就趁他发现前速度辞职 |
[11:44] | Good news. | 好消息 |
[11:44] | I found my old proposal. | 我找到第一版标书了 |
[11:46] | It had a Jerry Maguire theme. Check it out. | 用的还是甜心先生的经典台词 瞧瞧 |
[11:49] | 老爸是在模仿电影《甜心先生》中的经典台词 “show me the money” 意为”让我赚大钱” | |
[11:50] | “Mow Me the Money.” | 《让我割大钱》 |
[11:54] | Good, huh? | 给力吧 |
[11:58] | Hey, if I hadn’t seen Jerry Maguire, | 要是我没看过《甜心先生》 |
[12:01] | would “Mow Me the Money” Be funny? | 那这句还有笑点么 |
[12:02] | – Nope. – Go get that job. | -没有 -快去接下那工作 |
[12:07] | Well, your pal here passed the urine test. | 你朋友顺利通过尿检了 |
[12:10] | Oh. Meth, weed, X, crank, | 兴奋剂 大麻 透视 摇转 |
[12:12] | hillbilly heroin… all negative. | 海洛因什么的 都呈阴性 |
[12:13] | He watched me pee. | 他围观我尿尿 |
[12:15] | Sabrina here will show you the ropes. | 塞布丽娜会带你熟悉下环境 |
[12:17] | We’ve got one rule around here. | 我们的目标是 |
[12:19] | Excellence. | 追求”刚好” |
[12:20] | Anything less is unacceptable. | 不许不好 |
[12:22] | Anything more is unrealistic. | 也不求更好 |
[12:23] | Just excellence. | 只要刚好 |
[12:24] | He watched me pee. | 他围观我尿尿 |
[12:28] | Yeah. He made Sally from produce watch me pee. | 我懂 他也曾让产品部的萨丽围观我尿 |
[12:30] | Neither of us wanted to be there. | 谁也不想那样 |
[12:32] | It was kind of a bummer. | 太恶心了 |
[12:35] | Here’s what you need to know. | 带你熟悉下情况吧 |
[12:36] | Behind the banana bin is the only spot in the store | 香蕉货架后面的这个点 是全店唯一一处 |
[12:38] | the security cameras can’t see that gets cell phone reception. | 摄像头照不到的地方 可以随便接打电话 |
[12:41] | Yes. I’m calling about | 我是打来问问 |
[12:43] | the used cheerleading uniform you have for sale. | 你们家的二手拉拉队服的 |
[12:46] | That’s the clock. | 钟在那儿 |
[12:48] | Never look at the clock. | 千万别看它 |
[12:49] | The clock is your enemy. | 它是你的克星 |
[12:51] | “Working at a grocery store” | 在杂货店工作 |
[12:52] | Time moves at about one-third the speed | 钟走起来比别处 |
[12:53] | of “Not working at a grocery store” Time. | 要慢上至少二十分钟 |
[12:55] | Are you kidding me right now? | 没搞错吧 |
[12:57] | It was quarter to 6:00, like, 45 minutes ago. | 好像三刻钟前就5:45了 |
[13:00] | How can it still not be 6:00? | 为毛现在还没到6:00 |
[13:03] | How could it still not be 6:00?! | 为毛现在还没到6:00 |
[13:07] | Is there anything I should know | 说点和工作 |
[13:08] | about the actual doing of the job? | 实际相关的吧 |
[13:10] | Take groceries. Put them in a bag. | 想要什么就塞包里吧 |
[13:12] | Got it. | 明白 |
[13:14] | Hey, peanut chew. Did I wake you? | 小瓜娃子 我吵醒你了吗 |
[13:16] | Just working out ’cause Dad thinks | 爹地在热热身 |
[13:18] | I’m going to the gym at night. | 因为今晚打算去健身 |
[13:19] | Plus, it wouldn’t hurt | 而且 让我的围裙看起来更丰盈 |
[13:21] | to fill my apron a little better. | 也不是什么坏事 |
[13:23] | Now that I’m working at the grocery store, | 既然我去了杂货店工作 |
[13:24] | I may as well look good for Sabrina | 就得在塞布丽娜面前留下个好印象 |
[13:26] | while I’m getting us insurance. | 顺便还能给咱挣保险金 |
[13:27] | Two more weeks and you and me can get as sick as we want. | 只要两周 咱就想咋生病咋生病了 |
[13:30] | Maybe even sooner | 要是能拿下那个市政项目 |
[13:32] | if Dad scores that big city job. | 那就更快了 |
[13:34] | He’s been fixing himself up | 你爷爷正在为 |
[13:36] | for his big night out with the councilmen | 和议员共进晚餐的大日子精心打扮呢 |
[13:38] | and your grandmom’s been making him a cool outfit. | 你奶奶则要帮他穿得够酷够潮 |
[13:43] | If Grandpa succeeds, I can quit the store. | 要是爷爷成功了 我就能辞掉店里的工作了 |
[13:46] | But either way, you’ll get insurance soon | 反正不管咋样 你很快就有保险了 |
[13:48] | and be able to see a real doctor. | 就能看真正的医生了 |
[13:50] | All I have to do | 我只要 |
[13:52] | is keep the job secret from Grandpa. | 确保你爷爷不知道我工作的事就行 |
[13:54] | But that’s cool. | 幸好 |
[13:55] | He never buys food anywhere except the gas station. | 他只会在加油站买吃的 |
[14:03] | What the hell? | 神马情况 |
[14:04] | He never buys food anywhere except the gas station. | 他不是只会在加油站买吃的吗 |
[14:07] | Top of the evening to you. | 有没有感受到我炽热的目光 |
[14:09] | Ah, hey, Burt. | 是你啊 伯特 |
[14:11] | Whoa. That shirt is off the hook. | 汗衫很潮啊 |
[14:13] | Thanks. Big night tonight. | 谢谢 今晚可是我的大日子 |
[14:14] | Entertaining business clients. | 我要款待一些生意伙伴 |
[14:17] | So, uh… Got a little tickle. | 不过…嗓子有点痒 |
[14:19] | I think I caught my granddaughter’s cold, so… | 可能被小孙女传染到感冒了 所以… |
[14:26] | James! James! Guard the door! | 小詹子 小詹子 把守住大门 |
[14:28] | James? | 小詹子 |
[14:29] | Where the hell is James Chance? | 詹姆士·吉斯死去哪儿了 |
[14:31] | James Chance! | 詹姆士·吉斯 |
[14:36] | Hey, Dad. | 爹地 好巧啊 |
[14:41] | So you just went ahead and… | 你还是来这儿了 |
[14:44] | Oh, man. | 上帝啊 |
[14:46] | Dad, let me explain. | 爸爸 听我解释 |
[14:47] | No, no, no. You don’t need to explain. | 不不不 你不需要解释什么 |
[14:48] | You didn’t think I could take care of business. | 你觉得我铁定搞不定那笔生意 |
[14:50] | Is this a meth business? | 莫非是倒卖兴奋剂 |
[14:53] | You don’t believe in me. | 你根本不相信我 |
[14:54] | I-I do, but… | 我相信的 但 |
[14:56] | Fine. If you believe in me, | 好啊 要是你真的相信我 |
[14:57] | then you don’t need this job. | 那就不需要这份工作 |
[14:58] | So go ahead and quit. | 赶紧的 去辞职 |
[15:01] | Right now. | 立刻马上 |
[15:07] | I’m gonna get this contract, | 我一定会拿到这份合同 |
[15:09] | whether you believe in me or not. | 你爱信不信 |
[15:20] | I’ve never seen him so hurt. | 我从来没见过他如此受伤 |
[15:22] | I mean, that look on his face. | 瞧瞧他那表情 |
[15:24] | He was devastated. | 他简直被摧毁了 |
[15:26] | What are we gonna do? | 咱咋整啊 |
[15:27] | We? | 咱 |
[15:28] | Well, you lied to him, too. | 你也骗了他啊 |
[15:30] | I’m gonna tell him I didn’t know. | 我会告诉他我完全不知情 |
[15:31] | I’ll tell him that’s not true. | 那我会告诉他你撒谎 |
[15:33] | And who’s he going to believe? | 你觉得他会信谁 |
[15:34] | His wife or his son | 咱骗了他已经是赤果果的事实了 |
[15:35] | that we’ve already established is a liar? | 你觉得他会信老婆还是信儿子 |
[15:52] | Well? | 说句话啊 |
[15:55] | How did it go? | 咋样啊 |
[15:56] | Oh. | 那个啊 |
[15:58] | I got it. | 哥成功了 |
[15:59] | That’s great! | 太赞啦 |
[16:00] | Oh my G– | 哦买糕 |
[16:02] | – That’s fantastic! – Yeah. | -太给力了 -必须的 |
[16:03] | Took Councilman Blake out. Showed him a good time. | 带布莱克议员出去找乐子 |
[16:06] | It’s called wining and dining. | 大鱼大肉 各种腐败 |
[16:08] | Although, technically, it was beer-ing | 不过严格说来 只是啤酒 |
[16:10] | and fried cheesesteak-ing. | 加炸鸡 |
[16:12] | Dad… | 爹 |
[16:14] | I’m so sorry I lied to you | 很抱歉我骗了你 |
[16:18] | and I’m sorry I doubted you. | 也很抱歉我没信任你 |
[16:21] | Apology not accepted. | 道歉不接受 |
[16:22] | Oh. Uh, okay. | 呃 好吧 |
[16:28] | Uh, when do we take over the parks? | 那咱啥时候去接管公园的业务 |
[16:29] | I start doing the parks tomorrow, not you. | 我明天就去 没你啥事 |
[16:32] | I don’t need to be spending my days | 我没必要跟个不信任我的人 |
[16:34] | with someone who doesn’t believe in me. | 一起度日 |
[16:36] | Now that we’ve got all this extra work, | 现在咱有了额外的工作 |
[16:38] | we’ll split it up. | 可以分道扬镳了 |
[16:39] | You do residential, and I do the parks. | 你负责住宅客户 我负责公园业务 |
[16:45] | Oh. And you can quit your stupid bagger job tomorrow night. | 对了 明晚可以辞了你那白痴装袋工作了 |
[16:49] | My son isn’t going to be the low man | 我儿子可不能被压在别人的金字塔最底层 |
[16:51] | on anyone’s totem pole but mine. | 只有我才能压他 |
[16:54] | That is so great, honey. | 真是太棒了 亲爱的 |
[16:57] | I always knew you could do it. | 我一直坚信你能成功 |
[17:45] | This area isn’t done yet? | 这么小一块地方 还没搞定啊 |
[17:49] | Get on the umbrella. | 你过来拿伞 |
[17:50] | Let this idiot show you how it’s done. | 让这白痴给你演示下怎么搞定 |
[18:23] | You want cold soup? Ring that damn bell one more time, | 想喝冷汤不成 再敢弄响那破铃铛 |
[18:26] | and I’m bringing you cold soup! | 我就端冷汤给你喝了 |
[18:30] | That’s what I thought. | 不出所料 |
[18:32] | Is he here? | 他在家么 |
[18:34] | No. | 不在 |
[18:35] | He waited around, but then he had to | 他等了半天 |
[18:36] | go to work at the grocery store. | 可他得去杂货店上班了 |
[18:42] | So I guess you didn’t really win that parks contract last night. | 我猜你昨晚其实没拿到那合同吧 |
[18:46] | I thought I had it all figured out. | 我还以为一切都很顺利呢 |
[18:52] | I’m glad I let you talk me into this, Burt. | 我很高兴你说服了我来这种地方 伯特 |
[18:55] | When you mentioned bikini bars, I thought, | 之前你说比基尼吧的时候 我还在想 |
[18:57] | “Hey, I can’t let my voters see me in one of those.” | 靠 我可不能让选民看到我在这种地方 |
[19:00] | That’s why I picked one three towns over. | 所以我才选了这地方啊 都三个镇之外了 |
[19:02] | I’m a thinker and a mower. | 我不光有想法 还有行动 |
[19:04] | I think you’ll be mowing parks real soon. | 我想你很快就能去公园割草了 |
[19:08] | Wait till you see the girl I picked out for you. | 稍等片刻 我给你选了个姑娘 |
[19:11] | I asked around and everyone said | 我四处问了 大家都说 |
[19:12] | she’s the craziest and the wildest one here. | 她是这儿最狂野的 |
[19:15] | They call her “Dirty Angel.” | 人送外号”坏天使” |
[19:18] | Who’s ready for a… | 谁准备好… |
[19:21] | Daddy? | 爸爸 |
[19:22] | Punkin? | 小南瓜 |
[19:24] | It was a long, quiet ride home. | 这一路开车回来可够远的 |
[19:28] | Pretty much the only thing he said was, | 他基本上只说了一句话 |
[19:31] | “Chance, you don’t get the parks contract.” | “吉斯 公园的合同 没门儿了” |
[19:34] | So I went to Green Thumb. | 所以我去找了绿拇指 |
[19:36] | I figured if I could secretly work for him, | 我琢磨着可以悄悄在他们那工作 |
[19:38] | I could make enough to buy Jimmy insurance. | 可以赚够钱给吉米买保险 |
[19:41] | Burt… | 老公 |
[19:45] | Working two jobs, | 同时做两份工作 |
[19:47] | being the low man on the totem pole. | 被压在金字塔最底层 |
[19:50] | Taking crap from a jerk boss. | 还要听那人渣老板瞎叨叨 |
[19:52] | You’re past all that. | 这些丢了也不可惜 |
[19:54] | But the kid needs insurance. | 可孩子需要保险 |
[19:56] | I’m his dad. It’s my job | 我是他爹 我有责任 |
[19:57] | to do whatever I have to do to take care of him. | 不惜一切代价去照顾好他 |
[19:59] | And you did. | 你做到了 |
[20:01] | By showing him his whole life how do be a good dad. | 你向他展示了怎样倾其一生去做个好爸爸 |
[20:06] | Now it’s his turn to take care of things. | 现在该他承担起责任了 |
[20:08] | You got to let him do it. | 你得放手让他去干 |
[20:10] | I don’t like it. | 人家不喜欢嘛 |
[20:12] | You don’t have to. | 不用喜欢 |
[20:14] | That’s the way it is. | 他早晚得独立 |
[20:19] | Besides, it’s not like you don’t have a new job to do. | 而且 你还是有新工作要做滴 |
[20:26] | Somebody’s got to start showing Jimmy | 某人该向吉米展示下 |
[20:29] | how to be a good grandpa. | 怎么当个好爷爷了 |
[20:33] | Cold soup it is! | 喝冷汤吧你 不热了 |
[20:36] | I don’t care if it’s three towns over or three states. | 不管是三个镇还是三个州那么远 |
[20:40] | Do not dance in one of those clubs. | 反正你不准去那种地方当舞女 |
[20:42] | But if you do, don’t be the one they call “Dirty Angel.” | 不过你要是真去了 千万别当什么”坏天使” |
[20:47] | Oh. Hey. | 嗨 |
[20:49] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[20:50] | Listen, Dad, | 听着 老爸 |
[20:52] | I’m really sorry about… | 我真的很抱歉 |
[20:53] | Nope. | 不 |
[20:55] | I was wrong. You did the right thing, and I’m proud of you. | 是我不对 你做了正确的事 我以你为豪 |
[20:57] | Oh. Thanks. | 多谢啊 |
[20:59] | And I got you something. | 我还给你留了点东西 |
[21:03] | Did you eat your half without me? | 你没等我就把你那半吃了啊 |
[21:05] | Nope. Mashed my half up and gave it to Hope. | 没 我把我那半掰下来给喜旺了 |
[21:08] | Well, she can’t have that much sugar. | 她不能吃那么多糖 |
[21:09] | She’s gonna be… | 她会… |
[21:10] | Up all night. I know. | 亢奋一整晚 我知道 |
[21:11] | But that is not a grandpa problem. | 不过这可不归爷爷管咯 |
[21:16] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[21:25] | Hang in there, Maw Maw. | 乖乖呆着 奶奶 |
[21:28] | Hope’s cold should be better in a few days. | 喜旺的感冒应该快好了 |
[21:35] | Get your mother! | 叫你妈来 |
[21:37] | Get your mother! Get your mother! | 叫你妈来 快叫你妈来 |