时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:03] | So am I right? | 我猜对了吗 |
[00:05] | Is it the universal ball joint? | 是通用球形接头的问题吗 |
[00:07] | Well, the universal ball joint’s no picnic, | 通用球形接头确实是个问题 |
[00:09] | but your transmission’s been leaking about four spots. | 但你的变速箱都漏了四个洞了 |
[00:12] | Why didn’t you have me look at this thing earlier? | 你咋没早让我看看啊 |
[00:14] | ‘Cause you’re never lucid this long. | 您都多久没这么清醒过了 |
[00:16] | Had a chance last week, but by the time | 上周本来有次机会 |
[00:18] | I got you in the coveralls, | 但等我给你套上工作服时 |
[00:19] | you thought you were an exterminator, | 你就又以为自己是专职消灭害虫的了 |
[00:20] | spent three and a half hours under the house. | 钻到房子底下待了三个半小时 |
[00:21] | I kill anything? | 战果如何 |
[00:23] | A few rats and a snake. | 几只老鼠和一条蛇 |
[00:24] | Man… the things you people tell me I do. | 神呐 你们口中的我太疯狂了 |
[00:28] | I tell you, getting old is quite a ride. | 告诉你们 变老可是个漫长的过程 |
[00:32] | Is that Maw Maw underneath the car? | 车底下的那是奶奶吗 |
[00:34] | Damn it, Burt! | 该死 伯特 |
[00:36] | We said, next time she’s lucid, | 咱不是说好了嘛 下次她清醒了 |
[00:38] | we’d get her to fix the sewing machine. | 就让她去修缝纫机啊 |
[00:40] | Well, you weren’t here. | 谁让你不在的 |
[00:41] | Finders keepers. | 先到先得 |
[00:42] | I got dibs on her next. | 下次归我了啊 |
[00:44] | I’m gonna get her to put a phone jack in my bedroom. | 我要让她给我的卧室装个电话接口 |
[00:46] | Jimmy, bambino, come here. | 我的吉米小亲亲 来啊来啊 |
[00:51] | What? | 有何贵干 |
[00:52] | Speak Spanish for Carmela. | 给卡梅拉说几句西班牙语听听 |
[00:54] | – Uh, I really don’t… – Jimmy. | -我不太 -吉米 |
[00:56] | She’s my boss. | 她可是你娘的老板 |
[01:01] | Hola, Rosa. | 罗莎 你好 [西班牙语] |
[01:03] | Mi llamo es Jimmy. | 我 的 名 字 是 吉米 |
[01:07] | Hola, Rosa. | 罗莎 你好 |
[01:09] | Mi llamo es Jimmy. | 我的名字是吉米 |
[01:17] | Buenas noche. | 晚安 |
[01:54] | I saw Javier and Marcus riding their bike by the propane place. | 我在丙烷厂看到骑着车的哈维尔和马库斯 |
[01:59] | They said to call you a wuss-face punk-ass or… | 他们让我问候你这个软蛋废柴 |
[02:02] | wuss-ass punk-face. I don’t know. | 要不就是废蛋软柴 记不清了 |
[02:04] | It was those four words. | 自己排列组合去吧 |
[02:05] | Yeah, we were at the park, and they kept wanting to | 我跟这帮孙子在公园时 |
[02:08] | freak people out by driving the van | 他们非要把喜旺放在车顶 |
[02:09] | through the parking lot with Hope on the roof. | 在停车场里开车吓唬人 |
[02:11] | That’s fantastic. | 爽歪歪啊 |
[02:12] | Did people freak? | 吓到人了吗 |
[02:13] | Oh, I didn’t do it. | 没 我没同意 |
[02:14] | They called me lame and took off. | 他们骂我龟孙子然后就抛弃了我 |
[02:16] | You got a red nine for that ten. | 那张十可以放在九下面 |
[02:18] | Damn it, Jimmy. | 该死 吉米 |
[02:19] | How am I supposed to learn? | 你不放手 我咋学得会啊 |
[02:21] | Well, you’re growing apart. | 你和他俩可不是一路人 |
[02:22] | You have a baby and they don’t. | 你有孩子了 他们羡慕嫉妒恨 |
[02:24] | Yeah, we had a lot of friends | 我们本来有很多朋友 |
[02:25] | before you came along and scared them off. | 你一出现就把他们都吓跑了 |
[02:27] | Pretty amazing, huh, guys? | 神奇吧 伙计们 |
[02:30] | Well, that’s gross. | 恶 太恶心了 |
[02:32] | We’re gonna go back to prom now. | 俺们还是回舞会上去吧 |
[02:36] | Being a young parent can be lonely. | 作为年轻的父母 你是一个人在战斗 |
[02:38] | It’s hard to meet people you can connect with. | 你找不到有和你共鸣的人 |
[02:40] | We always had each other, right, honey bunny? | 但是我们拥有彼此 对吧 小甜心 |
[02:43] | Well, that doesn’t help me out. | 那我咋办啊 |
[02:45] | Oh, yeah. | 有道理 |
[02:46] | Your honey bunny got electrocuted. | 你家小甜心被电死了 |
[02:48] | Well, you always got us as friends. | 我俩是你的坚强后盾 |
[02:50] | But don’t get too smothery. | 不许黏得太紧啊 |
[02:52] | We like our space. | 我俩要有私密空间 |
[02:57] | Listen, I’ve been thinking about | 听着 你没朋友的处境 |
[02:59] | how sad it is that you have no friends… | 实在太令人心碎了 |
[03:01] | No dad friends. I mean, I have friends, | 只是没有当爹的朋友 哥有朋友 |
[03:03] | they just don’t understand what I’m going through. | 只是他们不懂哥的孤单 |
[03:04] | Fine, split hairs. It’s still sad. | 多说无益 还是很令人心碎 |
[03:06] | But guess what. | 猜猜怎么着 |
[03:07] | I think I just found you the perfect guy. | 我觉得我找到你的白马王子了 |
[03:09] | Get out of here. Really? | 赶紧的 没骗我 |
[03:10] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[03:11] | Is he tall? | 高吗 |
[03:12] | Uh, he’s medium height. | 中等身材 |
[03:14] | Is that a deal breaker? | 身高是交易杀手吗 |
[03:14] | Uh, yeah, it’s not a deal breaker, it’s just, | 不是 不是交易杀手 只是 |
[03:16] | you know, you start to picture your ideal guy. | 你懂的 我心中充满了对他的美好幻想 |
[03:19] | You know what, I need to stay open. | 我得把目光放开一些 |
[03:21] | As long as it’s someone who gets me. | 他懂我就够了 |
[03:23] | And I wouldn’t complain if he’s outdoorsy. | 他野性一点也没问题 |
[03:29] | Okay, everyone, listen up. | 大家听一下 |
[03:30] | Eddie and I have lost | 埃迪和我弄丢了 |
[03:32] | a-a stuffed blue elephant. | 一个大蓝象 |
[03:34] | It has green feet and the nose is a little bent. | 绿色脚 弯弯鼻 |
[03:36] | Ma’am, police your area. | 女士 守卫好你的领地 |
[03:39] | If we don’t find this thing, this kid is gonna lose his mind. | 找不到大象 这个小盆友会痛不欲生的 |
[03:42] | And I will not have another Chernobyl | 我不会让发生在手机店里的 |
[03:43] | like I had in the cell phone store. | 切尔诺贝利惨剧重演 |
[03:45] | Look at him– frazzled, in over his head. | 看看他 疲惫 迷茫 混乱而无助 |
[03:47] | He would totally get me. | 他肯定会懂我的心 |
[03:59] | ‘Sup? | 好啊 |
[04:00] | Uh, can I get one pound of fake crab salad. | 呃 我能要一磅人造蟹肉沙拉 |
[04:05] | I see you got a kid there. | 那是你儿子吧 |
[04:07] | Cute. | 真可爱 |
[04:08] | What is he, about one? | 有一岁了吧 |
[04:10] | Yeah. | 对 |
[04:10] | My daughter’s the same age. | 跟俺闺女一样大 |
[04:12] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[04:13] | I don’t meet a lot of other young dads. | 像咱这么年轻的爹可不多见啊 |
[04:15] | Yep. Doing it alone. | 是啊 一切靠自己 |
[04:17] | Single dad style. | 潮吧 |
[04:19] | Me, too. | 握爪 |
[04:22] | That’s cool. | 太帅了 |
[04:24] | Yeah. | 必须的 |
[04:27] | Well… | 对了 |
[04:29] | Here’s your fake crab salad. | 你的人造蟹肉沙拉 |
[04:31] | All right. Uh, yo, take care. | 哦好 哥们 保重啊 |
[04:38] | Sometimes we get real crab. | 我们有时会进一些天然蟹肉 |
[04:40] | In here. | 在这儿 |
[04:41] | Uh, goes pretty quick, | 卖得很快 |
[04:42] | but I could put some aside for you | 不过我能给你留点 |
[04:44] | if-if, uh, if you left your number. | 如果 如果我有你的电话号码 |
[04:46] | You know, | 你懂的 |
[04:47] | if you like real crab. | 如果你喜欢蟹肉的话 |
[04:50] | I love real crab. | 我超爱天然蟹肉 |
[04:53] | Got the digits. | 哥要到电话了 |
[05:06] | Oh, come on. | 您老真够磨叽的 |
[05:08] | Just call him already. | 不就打个电话嘛 |
[05:09] | I’m running out of battery. | 姐这儿该没电了 |
[05:11] | I will call him when I’m ready. | 你让我调整一下心理状态嘛 |
[05:12] | And it’s not helping that you’re recording this. | 你录像我更紧张了 |
[05:14] | You’re making a new friend; it’s a big moment. | 你要交朋友了 我骄傲啊 |
[05:17] | I don’t know what you’re nervous about. | 你紧张啥啊 |
[05:19] | Said you two fellas had a spark. | 你俩不是”激情四射”嘛 |
[05:21] | I’m jealous. | 羡慕嫉妒恨啊 |
[05:22] | I can’t remember the last time I had a spark | 我都不记得上回我跟一个潜在的男性朋友 |
[05:23] | with a potential guy friend. | 激情四射是什么时候的事儿了 |
[05:25] | All right, I’ll do this. | 好 我要打了 |
[05:30] | I thought I had a spark with a guy at the post office. | 我本以为我和邮局的小伙有激情来着 |
[05:33] | Locked his keys in the car and I was helping him out. | 他把钥匙锁车里了 我想当把活雷锋 |
[05:35] | Chatting up a storm. | 简直是谈笑风生 |
[05:37] | Got the door open, he hands me five bucks and drives off. | 结果门一开 他甩给我五块钱就跑了 |
[05:40] | I wasn’t looking for money. | 爷又不是冲着他的钱去的 |
[05:41] | I was looking for a friend. | 爷是冲着这个哥们啊 |
[05:43] | I know. | 我懂 |
[05:44] | You told me that story. | 你给我讲过了 |
[05:46] | Shh! I’ve got his voice mail. | 嘘 进语音信箱了 |
[05:48] | – Play it cool. -…leave a message or text me. | -淡定淡定 -留言或者短信我 |
[05:51] | Justin… hi-ho. | 贾斯汀 嗨吼 |
[05:51] | “嗨吼” 动画片白雪公主中七个小矮人所唱之歌 | |
[05:54] | Oh, hi-ho. | 呃 嗨吼 |
[05:55] | What was that? | 我在说啥啊 |
[05:56] | I sound like a dwarf. | 怎么跟小矮人似的 |
[05:58] | Not that there’s anything wrong with dwarves, | 不过矮人没啥不好的 |
[05:59] | in case your son is a dwarf. | 万一你家孩子也是矮子呢 |
[06:01] | I mean, he looked normal, for a baby. | 我是说 作为婴儿 他看起来挺正常 |
[06:03] | But you don’t really know until they’re, like, three. | 但三岁之前还看不出来 |
[06:07] | Oh, this is not going as well as I’d hoped. | 这个电话跑偏了 |
[06:09] | You haven’t said your name yet. | 他还不知道你是谁呢 |
[06:11] | Oh, yeah. | 真的耶 |
[06:12] | Sorry. This is Jimmy from the grocery store. | 抱歉 我是杂货店的吉米 |
[06:14] | I meant you could still hang up. | 我是说你刚才挂电话还来得及 |
[06:17] | If you’re satisfied with your message, hang up. | 如果您对留言满意 请挂机 |
[06:19] | To rerecord, press one. | 重新录制 请按一 |
[06:22] | I can rerecord. | 可以重录 |
[06:24] | If you’re satisfied with your message, hang up. | 如果您对留言满意 请挂机 |
[06:27] | To rerecord, press one. | 重新录制 请按一 |
[06:29] | Aw, it doesn’t work with a rotary! | 哇靠 转轮式电话机不好使 |
[06:30] | Why do we live in the ’70s? | 咱为啥要生活在七十年代啊 |
[06:32] | I got this. | 放着我来 |
[06:33] | – Where are you going? – Hold on. | -你去哪儿 -等着 |
[06:35] | I think I can do a one. | 我觉着我能唱出个”一” |
[06:42] | No, I think it’s lower. | 不 再低一点 |
[06:45] | Yeah. | 靠谱 |
[06:46] | You have pressed five. | 您按下了五号键 |
[06:47] | Five is an invalid option. | 五是无效选项 |
[06:49] | Oh, damn, I was so close! | 见鬼 就差一点点 |
[06:51] | If you’re satisfied with your message, hang up. | 如果您对留言满意 请挂机 |
[06:53] | I use this when I call Moviefone. | 我给电影地带打电话就用此神器 |
[06:58] | Message deleted. | 留言已删除 |
[06:59] | Rerecord your message. | 请重新录制您的留言 |
[07:00] | Please leave a message or text me. | 请留言或者短信我 |
[07:03] | Hey, Justin, this is Jimmy, uh, from the grocery store. | 嗨 贾斯汀 我是杂货店的吉米 |
[07:06] | I was just figuring, uh, you’re a dad and I’m a dad, | 我只是在想 你是爹 我也是爹 |
[07:09] | so why should a dad and a dad be sad when fun could be had? | 俩苦逼的爹凑一起就该否极泰来了 |
[07:15] | Yo, J-Dawg. | 嗨 贾哥 |
[07:16] | It’s J… Dawg. | 我是家… 鸽 |
[07:20] | Hey, my brother from another mother. | 嗨 我那没有血缘关系的兄弟啊 |
[07:21] | Oh, God, that was creepy. | 神呐 太恐怖了 |
[07:24] | Hey, Justin, this is Jimmy from the store. | 嗨 贾斯汀 我是杂货店的吉米 |
[07:27] | I was wondering… | 我在想 |
[07:28] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:30] | Who is this? | 你是谁啊 |
[07:32] | Maw Maw, it’s me. | 奶奶 是我 |
[07:33] | Shh. I’m on the phone. | 嘘 我打电话呢 |
[07:35] | Hello? | 喂 |
[07:36] | Who is this? | 你是谁啊 |
[07:37] | It’s me! | 是我 |
[07:40] | Who is this? | 你是谁啊 |
[07:43] | Hello, Justin. | 嗨 贾斯汀 |
[07:44] | Jimmy C. Here. | 我是吉米·吉(斯) |
[07:46] | Wha… I thought that was good. | 干嘛 我刚才感觉很好啊 |
[07:48] | Come on. “Jimmy C.”? We’re better than that. | 快得了吧 吉米吉 太掉价了 |
[07:53] | I can’t do this. | 我认怂了 |
[07:58] | Hello. | 喂 |
[07:58] | Hey, this is Justin. | 嗨 我是贾斯汀 |
[07:59] | Did somebody there call me? | 刚才有人给我打电话吗 |
[08:01] | Oh, uh, yeah. This is Jimmy. | 哦哦 对 我是吉米 |
[08:02] | Jimmy Chance from the grocery store. | 杂货店的吉米·吉斯 |
[08:04] | It’s him. | 是他 |
[08:06] | Oh, oh, oh. The crab meat come in yet? | 哦哦哦 蟹肉来了吗 |
[08:08] | Uh, no, not yet. | 哦 还没 |
[08:09] | But I was thinking, you have a kid, I have a kid. | 我在想 你有个娃 我也有个娃 |
[08:13] | Uh, apparently, it’s good for them to socialize. | 显然 让娃们认识认识是件多好的事啊 |
[08:15] | Oh, we should have a playdate. | 对啊 我们应该约个时间 |
[08:17] | Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. | 英雄所见略同啊 |
[08:19] | Yes, we should have a playdate. | 我们确实应该约个时间 |
[08:22] | All right, well, uh… | 那好 咱就 |
[08:24] | Hello? | 喂 |
[08:26] | Maw Maw, I’m on the phone! | 奶奶 我在打电话 |
[08:27] | Who is this? | 你是谁啊 |
[08:31] | Your brain gets scrambled, | 我现在脑子就跟坨浆糊似的 |
[08:32] | and you forget how to be with adults. | 都忘了该怎么和大人相处了 |
[08:34] | I know. | 我懂 |
[08:35] | I burped a coworker once. | 我曾对着我同事打嗝 |
[08:37] | She was chugging a soda, and I just went on instinct. | 她在晃汽水 我本能地就打嗝了 |
[08:40] | Any gas come out? | 有气体伴随吗 |
[08:41] | Fair amount. | 不少 |
[08:43] | Ooh, goodness! | 神呐 |
[08:44] | Ooh, Lord have mercy! Oh! | 佛祖显灵啊 哦 |
[08:47] | You know, I don’t care what the hell SkyMall said | 商店所谓的对小腿的好处神马的 |
[08:49] | this would do for my calves. | 都是浮云啊 |
[08:51] | Hard to keep my balance on these things. | 穿这玩意咋保持平衡啊 |
[08:54] | Mom, this is Jimmy. | 妈 这是吉米 |
[08:56] | It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[08:57] | I was wondering if Justin had the whole place to himself. | 我还在想莫非贾斯汀一人独占一套大房呢 |
[09:00] | No, I let my mom and dad live here. | 没 我让我爹我娘跟我住 |
[09:01] | Oh, it’s the least he could do, since we own the place. | 他太”客气”了 房子可是我们买的 |
[09:04] | Justin, why don’t you go get some wine. | 贾斯汀 去拿点红酒来吧 |
[09:06] | I want to hear all about your new friend. | 我想好好认识认识你的新朋友 |
[09:08] | Yeah, okay. | 好啊 |
[09:13] | Uh, I’ll get it. | 我去开门 |
[09:18] | Okay. | 站稳了 |
[09:19] | Hey, come on in. | 嗨 请进 |
[09:23] | There we go. | 人马齐全 |
[09:25] | Hey, listen, | 听着 |
[09:25] | um, my husband said that one of you is not | 我老公说你们谁 |
[09:30] | getting high enough with the squeegee in the shower, | 在清理浴室时擦得不够高 |
[09:32] | and he’s getting mildew in the corners. | 他在角落里看到长霉了 |
[09:34] | – So… – Jimmy. | -所以 -吉米 |
[09:36] | Hi, Rosa. | 罗莎 你好 |
[09:39] | Oh, you guys know each other? | 哦 你们认识 |
[09:41] | It’s a small world! | 世界真小啊 |
[09:43] | They clean your house, too? | 她们也清扫你家 么 |
[09:45] | They don’t, but I do. | 她们不 就我 |
[09:47] | Yeah, uh, Sylvia, this is, this is my mom Virginia. | 呃 西维亚 这是我妈维吉妮亚 |
[09:51] | I know her name. | 我知道她叫啥 |
[09:53] | Hi! | 嗨 |
[09:54] | Hello! Nice to meet you. | 你好 很高兴认识你 |
[10:00] | Well, um, we actually have a couple houses | 其实 打扫完这个俺们还有好多活呢 |
[10:02] | to clean after this, so we should probably | 所以俺们还是 |
[10:03] | – get started, huh? – Yeah. Okay. | -快开始吧 -当然当然 |
[10:06] | Nice. | 真好 |
[10:13] | So… tell me about yourself. | 跟我说说你的事吧 |
[10:17] | What do you do and how you ended up | 你做什么工作 从哪儿捡来的 |
[10:20] | with this beautiful baby girl. | 漂亮闺女 |
[10:23] | You know, this is crazy. | 这太夸张了 |
[10:25] | Jimmy’s Mom? | 吉米他妈 |
[10:26] | Yeah. | 干嘛 |
[10:27] | Come over here and sit with us. | 过来跟我们坐一起 |
[10:29] | Have a glass of wine. | 喝点小酒 |
[10:31] | Oh, I don’t think my boss would want me to do that. | 那啥 俺老板估计会不高兴 |
[10:35] | Oh, that’s crazy. | 没啥好担心的 |
[10:36] | She’s gonna come sit down with us and have a glass of wine. | 她要坐过来跟我们一起喝点酒 |
[10:41] | It’s okay by me. | 我同意了 |
[10:45] | Come, please. | 来吧 请坐 |
[11:05] | It’s the ’05. | 05年的 |
[11:07] | Nice, right? | 很赞吧 |
[11:11] | I really like your sheets. | 我真喜欢你家的床单 |
[11:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[11:14] | They’re very easy to fold. | 超级好折 |
[11:20] | You know what? | 那啥 |
[11:21] | I really should get started working. | 我真得去干活了 |
[11:24] | This just doesn’t feel fair to Rosa and Carmela. | 这样对罗莎和卡梅拉不公平 |
[11:27] | You know, you are totally right. | 没错 你说得很对 |
[11:29] | Everybody, sit down. | 大伙儿都坐过来吧 |
[11:31] | Sit down. No work today. | 来坐 今天不工作了 |
[11:33] | No work. No trabajo. | 不干活 不劳动 |
[11:34] | Yeah, sit down. Please. | 没错 请坐 |
[11:38] | So, what do you do on your day off, Rhonda? | 话说 你们休息的时候都做些什么 朗达 |
[11:42] | It’s Rosa. | 我叫罗莎 |
[11:48] | Because it’s weird, that’s why. | 因为那样太诡异了 |
[11:51] | I was supposed to be cleaning their house, but instead… | 我本该去打扫他们家的 结果… |
[11:54] | Everyone was sitting around sipping on my favorite pinot. | 所有人都坐在一起享受我最爱的酒 |
[11:57] | I mean, look, I am sure they are very nice people, | 我是说 我相信她们都是好人 |
[11:59] | but employers and employees… | 可是 雇主和员工 |
[12:01] | …are not supposed to hang out together. | 没道理在一起闲聊啊 |
[12:05] | Friends are supposed to compliment | 朋友间应该彼此赞美 |
[12:06] | each other on their hair– | 对方的发型 |
[12:07] | not pull big wads of it out of the other one’s shower drain. | 而不是从对方的下水管里挖出一坨垃圾 |
[12:11] | I’m sorry, Jimmy… | 对不起 吉米 |
[12:12] | …but you’re gonna have to find a different friend. | 你得重新去找个新朋友 |
[12:14] | Look, that’s not fair. Just ’cause you’re uncomfortable. Dad? | 这不公平 就因为你觉得不自在么 爹 |
[12:17] | – Back me up here. – I’m with your mother on this one. | -说两句啊 -这件事我跟你妈立场一致 |
[12:20] | They sat around drinking all my wine, | 她们坐在一起 喝光了我的酒 |
[12:21] | when they were supposed to be doing my laundry. | 可她们本来该去帮我洗衣服的 |
[12:24] | My Snuggy’s in the hamper. | 我的暖气管都堵了 |
[12:26] | Tell me, how am I supposed to watch Bones tonight and stay warm? | 你说说 我今晚看识骨寻踪还咋保暖啊 |
[12:29] | You keep looking. I’m sure you’ll… | 继续找 我相信你一定能 |
[12:31] | …find another guy | 找到另一个朋友的 |
[12:33] | who might not be your dream friend, | 他也许不会是你梦寐以求的样子 |
[12:35] | but at least he’ll be poor like us. | 但起码他会跟咱一样穷 |
[12:36] | – Oh, but this guy is… – …perfect for me! | -可这哥们… -对我来说太完美了 |
[12:39] | Besides, Jimmy already invited us over for… | 而且 吉米已经邀请了我们 |
[12:41] | …dinner here with us, Saturday night. | 来跟我们一起用餐 就周六晚 |
[12:43] | And they… | 而且他们 |
[12:44] | …accepted, so we have to go. | 答应了 咱们必须得去 |
[12:46] | Canceling out would be… | 取消行程就太… |
[12:47] | …rude! We invited them; | 没礼貌了 咱邀请了人家 |
[12:49] | they said yes. We’re not canceling. | 人家同意了 坚决不能取消 |
[12:51] | Fine! | 好好好 |
[12:52] | Fine! | 好好好 |
[12:53] | Fine! | 好好好 |
[12:53] | Fine! | 好好好 |
[12:56] | You’ll see. | 瞧好吧 |
[12:56] | It’ll be fun. | 肯定会很有意思的 |
[12:58] | Speaking of fun, a crazy thing happened at work today. | 说到有意思 今天工作时有件很疯狂的事 |
[13:02] | So, I’m raking the lawn for this new client, Mrs. Waterman, | 当时我正在给新客户修草坪 |
[13:05] | when suddenly I am stung by this horrible smell. | 突然 一股浓烈的臭味向我袭来 |
[13:08] | And I knew what it was. | 我知道是啥 |
[13:10] | -It was… – …my secretary Donna, right? | -是… -我的秘书 唐娜 |
[13:12] | Now, she is a big girl | 她可是个体积挺大的姑娘 |
[13:14] | and has no business being on top | 本来就不该 |
[13:15] | of a ladder in the first place. | 爬到扶梯顶上去的 |
[13:17] | So, I come through the door and I’m… | 总之 我进了门 |
[13:20] | …face to face with the biggest, hairiest, smelliest… | 我看着那条又大又多毛又臭的 |
[13:24] | …crack– right there in the ladder! | 缝隙 明晃晃的出现在扶梯上 |
[13:27] | And down she goes. | 然后她就掉下来了 |
[13:28] | So, I try to help by… | 所以我伸出手去帮忙 |
[13:30] | …reaching deep into her shrub. I’m up to my shoulder. | 我把手伸到灌木丛里 胳膊用足了力气 |
[13:33] | Again, I’m telling you, this is a huge woman! So… | 我再强调一次 她可是个庞然大物 |
[13:37] | I’m digging in there, feeling around. | 我就在里面掏啊 感受着周围 |
[13:39] | I pull out… | 然后拽出了… |
[13:40] | …my lawyer, John Reynolds. | 我的律师 约翰·雷诺兹 |
[13:43] | And he doesn’t think she’ll sue if I send an apology note | 他说她可以不告我 只要我给她写封致歉信 |
[13:46] | and a nice gift basket filled with delicious little… | 再送个礼物篮 里面放上可口的 |
[13:49] | …dead baby sparrows. | 死了的麻雀崽 |
[13:50] | Four little pink ones, about yea big. | 粉嫩粉嫩的 四只 这么大 |
[13:53] | Do me a favor. Please tell your… | 帮个忙 把你这无聊的工作故事 |
[13:55] | …boring work stories at this dinner we’re going to. | 留到周末的晚餐上再讲一遍 |
[13:58] | That way, they’ll never want to see us again. | 那样的话 他们就再也不会想见到咱们了 |
[14:07] | I don’t like you using these too often. | 我不喜欢经常使用这个 |
[14:08] | The specialness wears off and she won’t get as excited about it. | 新鲜感会消褪 就再也激不起她的兴趣了 |
[14:11] | Do it! This dinner is very important to me, | 求你了 这次聚餐对我很重要 |
[14:13] | and I need to keep her busy. | 我得让她忙起来 |
[14:15] | What’s Burt got? | 看看伯特有啥好东西 |
[14:17] | What’s he got? | 快瞧啊 |
[14:18] | Saltwater taffy! | 咸味太妃糖哦 |
[14:22] | Taffy! Taffy! Ooh, taffy! | 太妃太妃 太呀么妃 |
[14:26] | Okay, Maw Maw, go get it! | 加油 奶奶 来找吧 |
[14:29] | Get that taffy, Maw Maw. | 加油曾奶奶 |
[14:30] | Get it! | 加油 |
[14:31] | She gets pretty excited when she finds it. | 她找糖的时候会异常兴奋 |
[14:33] | She’d better put some newspapers down. | 最好垫点报纸在下面 |
[14:41] | God, I hope Sylvia doesn’t recognize her old wine bottles. | 但愿西维亚不会认出她的旧酒瓶来 |
[14:46] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[14:52] | Oh, come on. Even if you’re not looking forward to it, | 拜托 就算你们不期待 |
[14:55] | you can at least fake it. You know, put a big, | 起码也假装一下嘛 摆出个巨大的 |
[14:57] | fake smile on your face and act like you’re happy to be here. | 假笑脸来 表现出很欢迎他们的样子 |
[15:03] | We’re so happy to be here! | 我们真高兴来到贵宝地 |
[15:11] | Love the wine. | 爱死这酒了 |
[15:12] | It’s our favorite. It’s hard to get. | 这是我们的最爱 很难弄到的 |
[15:15] | I have a secret place. | 我有秘密渠道 |
[15:18] | What year is this? | 这是哪年的 |
[15:20] | 2011. | 2011年 |
[15:22] | That fancy watch doesn’t have the date, huh? | 你那牛逼的表上不显示年份的是吧 |
[15:28] | Hey, Jimmy, | 吉米 |
[15:29] | I think there’s something wrong with my fuel line. | 我的燃油管好像坏了 |
[15:32] | Is your Maw Maw lucid? | 你曾奶奶呢 |
[15:33] | Unfortunately, she’s batcrap normal right now. | 对不住了 她现在处于非清醒状态 |
[15:37] | Oh, and Sabrina… | 对了 塞布丽娜 |
[15:38] | this is Justin. | 这位是贾斯汀 |
[15:39] | Justin, Sabrina. | 贾斯汀 这是塞布丽娜 |
[15:42] | Look at you two hanging out. Like two penises in a pod. | 瞧瞧你俩 “基”情四射啊 |
[15:46] | Very funny, Sabrina. | 很好很幽默 塞布丽娜 |
[15:47] | You know, not everything has to be a joke, | 知道吗 不是每件事都得拿来开玩笑的 |
[15:48] | which is why I’m simply going to go in the house | 所以我要马上进屋 |
[15:50] | and get you an Allen wrench to fix your moped. | 给你找个通用扳手来修车 |
[15:56] | Oh, my God! Me, too! | 真的假的 我也是 |
[15:58] | I got pregnant my sophomore year, | 我大二的时候就怀孕了 |
[16:00] | and all the other kids freaked out! | 所有人都大惊小怪的 |
[16:02] | Yeah, I know. All the kids in chemistry class could dissect | 对对 那些小屁孩 让他们在化学课上 |
[16:05] | a pig fetus no problem, | 解剖猪的胎儿都没问题 |
[16:07] | but you change one diaper on a lab table | 可你哪怕只在实验桌上换个尿布 |
[16:09] | and everyone’s disgusted. | 他们也会觉得恶心 |
[16:12] | Oh, man, that was a wild year. | 天 那一年真是太疯狂了 |
[16:14] | Jimmy was a prom baby. | 吉米是个早产儿 |
[16:15] | -Justin– – homecoming. | -贾斯汀呢 -在家生的 |
[16:24] | Yeah, I guess it was a bad move to skip health class | 我想当年逃生理健康课是步错棋啊 |
[16:27] | the day they showed you how to put a condom on a banana. | 正赶上那天教的是如何使用避孕套 |
[16:31] | Don’t beat yourself up. | 别这么说你自己 |
[16:32] | I put a condom on a banana when we had sex; | 我明明戴了套套的 |
[16:34] | she still got pregnant. | 可她还是怀孕了 |
[16:35] | And it made the banana taste terrible. | 而且那套套还弄得我小弟弟上一股怪味 |
[16:39] | Well, you know what? Here’s to us. | 我说 来敬咱们自己一杯吧 |
[16:41] | Donovan and Burt both started their own businesses, | 多诺万和伯特都开创了自己的事业 |
[16:45] | and we all worked very hard, and now we’re | 我们都很努力地工作 |
[16:47] | all young enough to enjoy our grandchildren. | 而现在 我们又都年纪轻轻就当了爷爷奶奶 |
[16:51] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[16:54] | Hey, what’s up with, uh, you and Moped Girl? | 话说 你和那机车女孩啥情况 |
[16:56] | Are you hitting that? | 你在追她么 |
[16:57] | Well, you know… no, no. | 这个嘛.. 那个啥.. 没有 |
[17:00] | Uh, she’s got this boyfriend that’s hardly ever around. | 她有个男友 但很少在她身边 |
[17:04] | And I’d like to make a move, | 我也想主动出击 |
[17:05] | but if she says no, I’ll probably lose her as a friend. | 可要是被拒绝 那可能连朋友都做不成了 |
[17:08] | Hmm, I got this. | 我懂了 |
[17:09] | Look, this is what’s gonna happen. | 听着 咱们这样 |
[17:11] | I’m gonna ask her out on a date with me. | 我要邀请她跟我出去约会 |
[17:13] | Well, uh… | 啥 呃 |
[17:14] | But listen. If she’s willing to step out on her man for me, | 听着 要是她为了我而对她男友不忠 |
[17:17] | then you know there’s some wiggle room. | 那你就知道 你还有希望了 |
[17:19] | I’m not interested. | 我对她没兴趣 |
[17:20] | This is a test. | 这只是个测试 |
[17:22] | Once we find out the answer, you can move right in. | 只要我们有了答案 你就可以出击了 |
[17:25] | You are smarter and cooler than me, | 你比我聪明 比我酷 |
[17:27] | so, I’m going to assume | 所以我想 |
[17:30] | that what you just said makes perfect sense. | 你说什么应该都是有道理的 |
[17:32] | Cool. | 很好 |
[17:35] | Jimmy! | 吉米 |
[17:40] | As soon as this casserole’s done, | 菜一好 |
[17:41] | we’re gonna feed these people, | 我们就让他们酒足饭饱 |
[17:43] | and then you’ve got to get them the hell outta here. | 然后你赶紧把他们弄出咱家 |
[17:45] | Wh-What are you talking about? | 啥 啥情况啊 |
[17:46] | It sounds like you’re having a blast. | 你们刚才不是聊得挺开心的么 |
[17:48] | You have so much in common. | 你们有这么多共同点 |
[17:49] | Too much in common. | 就因为共同点太多了 |
[17:50] | They were in the same situation we were, but they did | 他们过去处境跟我们一样 |
[17:53] | everything right and made something of themselves. | 可他们自立自强 白手起家闯出了一番事业 |
[17:55] | He owns a chain of car washes. | 他拥有一系列洗车连锁店 |
[17:57] | I still rent to own my leaf blower. | 可我连个吹叶机都是租的 |
[17:58] | It’s so perfect, | 他们太完美了 |
[18:00] | it’s humiliating hanging out with them. | 跟他们共处简直是自我羞辱啊 |
[18:02] | It’s like they’re Ken and Barbie | 就好像他们是芭比和肯 |
[18:04] | and we’re… the Potato Heads. | 而我们是…土豆头夫妇 |
[18:07] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[18:09] | Oh, bad news, bro. | 哥们儿 坏消息 |
[18:10] | She shot me down. | 她拒绝了我 |
[18:11] | This college boy got a serious spell on this chick. | 这大学生真是对这妞下了魔咒啊 |
[18:14] | Crap. Well, I knew it. | 该死 不过我早猜到了 |
[18:16] | Thanks for trying. | 谢谢你为我一试 |
[18:19] | Here you go, Jimmy. My moped’s working again, | 给 吉米 我的机车修好了 |
[18:22] | but I’m beginning to rethink my choice of ironic transportation. | 不过我要重想个词来讽刺交通工具了 |
[18:25] | Oh, text me which movie for Friday. | 对了 发短信告诉我周五看哪部电影 |
[18:27] | I’ll see anything that doesn’t have Matthew McConaughey in it. | 只要片里没有马修·麦康纳就行 |
[18:29] | All right. | 没问题 |
[18:31] | Wh-What was that about? | 这 这啥情况 |
[18:33] | Oh, we’re going to the movies. | 我们要去看电影 |
[18:36] | But I thought she shot you down. | 你不是说她拒绝你了么 |
[18:37] | She did, but I told her we could hang out | 她拒绝了 但我说我们可以 |
[18:39] | as friends, and she was cool with it. | 像朋友一样出去玩 她觉得挺好 |
[18:41] | You know, she has a boyfriend, | 你知道的 她有男友了 |
[18:42] | so I might as well be on the on-deck position. | 所以我还是退到候补区比较好 |
[18:44] | But this wasn’t the plan. | 可计划不是这样的啊 |
[18:46] | You’re not going to the movies with her. | 你不能跟她出去看电影 |
[18:47] | You’re not on deck. I’m on deck. | 你不在候补区 我才在候补区 |
[18:49] | I’m sorry, man. I like her. | 对不住了 哥们 我喜欢她 |
[18:51] | I’m gonna stick around and see what happens. | 我要坚持一下 看看会发生什么 |
[18:53] | You can’t call dibs on a girl that isn’t yours. | 她又不是你女友 你无权干涉 |
[18:55] | I’m not calling dibs; I’m calling on deck. | 我没说我有权干涉 我说我要当候补 |
[18:59] | You can’t call that. | 你不能这么要求 |
[19:01] | I already did. | 我已经说了 |
[19:04] | You can’t. | 你不能这么要求 |
[19:05] | I can. | 我能 |
[19:07] | And I did. | 而且我已经说了 |
[19:11] | Well, I’m just glad Justin’s made a new friend. | 我很高兴贾斯汀交到了新朋友 |
[19:14] | It’s hard at that age. | 他这个年纪可不容易 |
[19:20] | What in the…?! | 搞什么飞… |
[19:26] | I’ll call you on Friday from the movies! | 我周五看电影的时候会打给你的 |
[19:28] | Oh, yeah? Well, I’ll find out what theater you’re at, | 是么 我会找到你在哪家影院 |
[19:30] | sit behind you and kick your seat! | 然后坐在你后面踢肿你的屁股 |
[19:32] | Fine, and Sabrina will think you’re a creep! | 行啊 塞布丽娜肯定会认为你是个变态 |
[19:35] | Well, I’ll wear a mask! | 那我戴面具 |
[19:36] | All right, we’ll be in the car. Very nice meeting you all. | 好了 我们上车了 幸会幸会 |
[19:39] | And Burt, the Website I was talking about | 对了伯特 我说的那个网站 |
[19:41] | is PainFreeTweezers.Com. | 网址是 无痛小钳子.Com |
[19:42] | Oh, thank you. | 嗷 谢了 |
[19:44] | Take care! | 保重 |
[19:46] | So… here’s your pie. | 这是给你的派 |
[19:50] | If the plate’s too tough to clean, | 要是盘子不好清洗 |
[19:52] | just let it soak and I’ll scrape it on Thursday. | 泡上就行 等周四我来收拾 |
[19:55] | I’m really sorry about this, but you know how boys are. | 搞成这样真抱歉 可你也知道男孩们的德行 |
[19:58] | They find a pretty girl | 一旦遇上漂亮女孩 |
[20:00] | and they’ll step on whoever they have to to get her, you know? | 就剑拔弩张 谁挡路都杀无赦了 你懂吧 |
[20:02] | Actually, I don’t know. | 说实话 我不懂 |
[20:04] | I don’t think Jimmy’s ever been in a scrape over a girl before. | 我想吉米还从来没为女孩受过一点伤呢 |
[20:07] | Usually, if a friend likes somebody he just stays away, you know? | 通常他朋友要是爱上了谁 他就会主动退出 |
[20:11] | Really? | 真的假的 |
[20:14] | Sounds like you raised a really good kid. I’m jealous. | 看来你养了个很棒的儿子 我羡慕嫉妒恨啊 |
[20:18] | You must know something we don’t. | 你肯定有独门诀窍 |
[20:20] | Again, I am sorry. | 再次抱歉 |
[20:22] | Especially after you spent over $2,000 on wine. | 尤其那酒 花了你两千大洋呢 |
[20:31] | You’re not perfect. | 你们并不完美 |
[20:33] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[20:36] | I’m telling you, it’s not working. | 我跟你说 没用的 |
[20:38] | Just give it a try. | 就试试嘛 |
[20:41] | Works wonders for your mother. | 对你老妈很有效 |
[20:45] | They’re not perfect. | 他们并不完美 |
[20:46] | What? | 啥 |
[20:47] | They raised a jerk; she told me. | 他们养了个混球 她亲口说的 |
[20:50] | Not only does he steal girls, | 不仅因为他偷小妞 |
[20:52] | but he also went through a phase | 他还有一段时间 |
[20:53] | where he grew one of those beards without a mustache. | 下巴留一堆胡子 嘴边上却溜光水滑的 |
[20:56] | Gross! | 真恶心 |
[20:58] | We raised a good kid. | 咱养了个好儿子 |
[21:00] | We’re better than them at something. | 咱也有比他们强的地方 |
[21:02] | That is fantastic! | 赞啊 |
[21:04] | Isn’t it? We’re going to their house next week for a barbecue. | 是吧 下周咱们要去他们家烤烧烤 |
[21:06] | What? But their son’s a jerk | 啥 可他们儿子是个混球啊 |
[21:09] | who’s trying to steal Sabrina away from me. | 他想从我身边偷走塞布丽娜 |
[21:10] | I know. Isn’t it great? | 我知道 太爽了是吧 |
[21:12] | Burt, we’ve got friends. | 伯特 咱有朋友了 |
[21:14] | We’ve got friends. | 咱有朋友了 |
[21:16] | Why do you people keep giving me taffy? | 你们这些人 老给我太妃糖干毛啊 |
[21:18] | I’m 84 years old. | 老娘都84岁了 |
[21:20] | Took me half an hour to pull my dentures apart. | 花了我半个小时才把假牙拽下来 |
[21:24] | Come, Maw Maw, let’s go get your tools for my phone jack. | 快来 曾奶奶 去给我安个电话听筒 |
[21:28] | Not until she fixes the sewing machine. | 她得先修了缝纫机才行 |
[21:32] | I’ve got a friend! | 哥有朋友了 |