时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:18] | Jimmy! Show’s about to start. | 吉米 节目要开始了 |
[00:20] | Made your favorite, shark melon. | 我做了你最爱的鲨鱼西瓜 |
[00:22] | No, I’m not watching it! | 想都别想 我不看 |
[00:26] | Ooh, it’s almost show time. | 好戏即将开始 |
[00:28] | How in the world did you get that guy | 你到底怎么说服那哥们 |
[00:30] | to let you tap into his cable? | 同意咱接他家有线电视的 |
[00:32] | I thought he hated you because you barked at him. | 你老朝他叫 我还以为他讨厌死你了呢 |
[00:34] | I don’t bark at him. | 我没朝他叫 |
[00:35] | I bark back at his annoying barking dog. | 是他家狗先乱吠 我才叫回去的 |
[00:38] | And screw that guy. | 让那家伙见鬼去吧 |
[00:39] | He didn’t let me tap into his cable. | 他才没同意我们占他的线呢 |
[00:41] | I stole it. | 是我偷接的 |
[00:43] | He’s always over there barbequing his delicious meat, | 他老在那儿烤肉 让人干流口水 |
[00:46] | never inviting us over. | 从没邀请我们搓一顿 |
[00:48] | That smell drives me crazy. | 把我的胃口吊得啊 |
[00:50] | He should put up a smell wall or something. | 他就该砌堵墙挡挡这味道 |
[00:52] | We could put one up. | 我们自个儿砌好了 |
[00:53] | You know how expensive a good smell wall is? | 你知道砌面墙得多贵吗 |
[00:55] | Jimmy, your dad’s hooking up the TV! | 吉米 你老爸正在装有线电视呢 |
[00:57] | You’re going to miss it! | 再不来你就看不到啦 |
[00:58] | I’m not watching it! | 我不要看 |
[01:00] | Jimmy, we captured a serial killer. | 吉米 我们逮住了一个连环杀手 |
[01:02] | That’s all they’re going to show. | 节目也就演这个而已 |
[01:03] | That’s all anyone cares about. | 别人也只关心这个 |
[01:05] | Do you think if they showed the embarrassing things we do | 要是他们每周净播那些我们干的操蛋事儿 |
[01:07] | every single week, anyone would want to watch that? | 你想会有人看吗[喜旺粉集体躺中] |
[01:10] | Got it! | 搞定 |
[01:18] | Hello, I’m Nancy Grace | 大家好 我叫南希·格蕾丝 |
[01:21] | filling in for Geraldo Rivera, | 由于杰拉尔多·瑞弗拉最近脸上动了大刀 |
[01:22] | who is recovering from some | 尚处于恢复期 |
[01:23] | pretty substantial plastic surgery. | 所以今天将由我代班主持 |
[01:26] | Tonight, Inside Probe travels to Natesville. | 今晚《深度追击》栏目组来到了那什维尔 |
[01:29] | Normally a simple place where | 这是一个再普通不过的小镇 |
[01:33] | people work all day, come for dinner, | 人们日出而作 日落而息 |
[01:36] | then enjoy eating snacks on the sofa and watching shows like this. | 闲来当个沙发土豆 看看我们的节目 |
[01:41] | But tonight, | 可是今晚 |
[01:41] | we probe inside Natesville to explore | 我们将要深入那什维尔 |
[01:45] | one of its dark secrets. | 去探寻这个小镇的月之阴暗面 |
[01:47] | A small-town murder spree… | 一场小镇上的杀戮盛宴 |
[01:49] | I stopped going out at night. | 我晚上都不出门了 |
[01:50] | I mean, mostly because I didn’t have friends or money, | 主要是因为我没朋没友又没钱 |
[01:53] | but, I mean, the murder thing didn’t help. | 当然 谋杀案更是雪上加霜了 |
[01:54] | A family, terrorized! | 一个被恐怖笼罩的家庭 |
[01:57] | The killer was right there in our kitchen. | 那个凶手就站在我们家厨房 |
[01:58] | He had eaten one of my wife’s special egg dishes. | 还吃了份我老婆最擅长的料理 |
[02:00] | “Ham-and-eggtapusses.” | 八爪肠鸡蛋烧 |
[02:04] | With a capture and a shocking ending not to be believed. | 最终以罪犯被绳之以法落幕 |
[02:08] | I had to do something. She seduced my son. | 我不能眼睁睁地看着她勾引我儿子 |
[02:10] | She would have killed him for sure. | 她肯定会杀了他 |
[02:11] | I would have lost my baby. My baby! | 我就再也见不到我的宝贝儿子 我的小心肝 |
[02:14] | It’s all tonight, on Inside Probe. | 一切尽在今晚的《深度追击》 |
[02:28] | I walking and talking at Howdy’s Market | 我正漫步在位于小镇中心地带的 |
[02:31] | in the heart of Natesville. | 毫迪超市 |
[02:33] | A friendly place, where one out of every two customers | 这个地方暖意融融 |
[02:37] | shop for groceries while riding on Rascals. | 多达半数顾客是开着电动轮椅前来采购 |
[02:41] | But, April 9, 2008, | 然而 2008年4月9日 |
[02:44] | there was a very different kind of Rascal at Howdy’s. | 一名不速之客降临毫迪超市 |
[02:48] | A Rascal known as a murderer. | 一名无恶不赦的侩子手 |
[02:54] | Sabrina Collins… | 塞布丽娜·科林斯 |
[02:58] | Do you want me to keep going? | 需要我继续吗 |
[03:01] | She wanted to grow up to be a movie star | 她曾梦想成为一个电影明星 |
[03:03] | or a zoologist. | 或是动物学家 |
[03:05] | But she ended up as a checkout girl. | 而她最终成为了一名收银员 |
[03:07] | The last thing she thought she’d be checking out though | 她从来没想过有一天要结账的东西竟会是 |
[03:11] | was a dead body. | 一具死尸 |
[03:13] | The body was in the Dumpster. | 尸体是在垃圾箱里被发现的 |
[03:14] | Was it all bloody? Was it gross? | 血腥吗 恶心吗 |
[03:17] | Yeah, it was gross. | 很恶心 |
[03:18] | Oh, my God. Uh, uh, did you touch it? | 我的天啊 你碰尸体了吗 |
[03:20] | What was the smell? | 形容一下那个味道 |
[03:22] | It was bad. It smelled bad. | 糟透了 闻起来糟透了 |
[03:24] | Oh-oh-ohh, man! | 我的天啊 |
[03:28] | When you sign up to be an auxiliary policeman, | 当你决定成为一名协警的时候 |
[03:30] | you know you’re going to work some crowd control. | 你便需要学会控制人群 |
[03:32] | Host the Annual Pancake Breakfast, | 主持年度煎饼大会 |
[03:34] | maybe work theSay-No-To-Drugs Puppet for the kids. | 给孩子们表演”跟毒品说不”的木偶剧 |
[03:36] | Don’t smoke crack. | 别嗑药 |
[03:37] | But you never think you’re going to get | 你永远也想不到你会有机会 |
[03:39] | a big opportunity to shine, but I did. | 大放异彩 我做到了 |
[03:42] | What do you mean “Calm down”?! | 你妹的冷静给我看看 |
[03:44] | When are you sending me some backup?! | 你们什么时候才派人过来 |
[03:45] | Andy, the guy’s dead! | 安迪 有人死了 |
[03:46] | Game over, man! Game over! | 要死了 玩蛋了 |
[03:50] | That first murder was pretty big news. | 第一起谋杀非常轰动 |
[03:53] | 《那什维尔时报》 毫迪超市垃圾箱中惊现死尸 | |
[03:53] | I mean, we don’t get a lot of crime around here. | 要知道我们这里很少发生罪案 |
[03:56] | Someone stole the giant donut in front of the Taco Hut | 最多是有人偷了塔克餐厅前竖着的甜甜圈 |
[03:58] | that used to be the donut place. | 那里过去是卖甜甜圈的 |
[04:00] | But other than that, it’s usually pretty crime-free. | 除此之外 这里可谓罪案绝缘镇了 |
[04:03] | Virginia Slims Chance, | 维吉妮亚·丝不拉·吉斯 |
[04:05] | named by a desperate mother | 她母亲只为了一条免费香烟 |
[04:07] | in a futile attempt to get a free carton of cigarettes. | 给她起了这么倒霉个名字 |
[04:11] | A girl of simple tastes, | 这是一个知足常乐的女孩 |
[04:13] | little things made her happy: | 生活中的一点小事足以让她感到幸福 |
[04:15] | a snow man, a gerbil named Martha, | 一个雪人 一只叫玛莎的沙鼠 |
[04:18] | learning to spell “S” words. | 或是学会拼写S打头的单词 |
[04:20] | But in 2008, | 然而在2008年 |
[04:22] | a string of murders | 一场连环杀人案 |
[04:24] | made her life very complicated. | 打破她了生活原本的平静 |
[04:26] | I was immediately “Inquizical” of this mystery. | 这次事件我可算是”明察秋毫”了 |
[04:29] | I watch a lot of CSI, SVU, NCIS. | 我最爱看《CSI》《SVU》《NCIS》这类罪案剧了 |
[04:29] | CSI–犯罪现场调查 SVU–特殊受害人 NCIS–海军罪案调查处 | |
[04:33] | If a show’s got letters in it, I am so there. | 只要是跟犯罪沾点儿边 我都超爱 |
[04:37] | Psst! | 喂 |
[04:38] | Hey! | 嘿 |
[04:40] | What? | 说吧 |
[04:42] | Have you seen my sunglasses? | 看到我的太阳镜没 |
[04:45] | I want to take the lenses out | 我想把隐形眼镜摘了 |
[04:47] | so I look smart in my interview. | 一会儿采访的时候好显得精神点儿 |
[04:50] | Virginia’s husband, Burt Chance. | 这位是维吉妮亚的先生 伯特·吉斯 |
[04:54] | Born Engelburt Jebadiah Chance, | 全名英格尔伯特·贾巴迪·吉斯 |
[04:56] | Burt enjoyed pretending to read, | 伯特小时候喜欢装模作样看看书 |
[04:59] | trying on hats, and the outdoors. | 试戴帽子 还有户外活动 |
[05:01] | One summer, he and his dog, Burt, | 某年夏天 他和他那条也叫”伯特”的狗 |
[05:04] | tried to run away from home | 想要离家出走 |
[05:06] | by floating on a mattress down the river. | 他们准备坐床垫顺流而下 |
[05:10] | I was quite concerned. | 我当时忧心忡忡 |
[05:12] | I have really good skin, | 我的皮肤非常好 |
[05:15] | and my biggest fear is that someone will cut me up | 最害怕的就是别人把我的皮扒了 |
[05:17] | and make a Burt suit. | 做”伯特”皮衣 |
[05:20] | Pardon me. | 抱歉 |
[05:22] | Bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark, bark! | 汪汪汪汪汪汪汪汪 |
[05:26] | Uh, excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[05:27] | Uh, you guys just shoot from the waist up, right? | 你们只需拍腰部以上 对吧 |
[05:31] | ‘Cause, I can’t find my good pants. | 我找不到合身的裤子 |
[05:33] | Virigina and Burt’s son, | 这就是维吉妮亚和伯特的儿子 |
[05:35] | James Bon Jovi Chance. | 詹姆士·邦·乔维·吉斯 |
[05:38] | Born to teenage parents, | 父母生他的时候都还未成年 |
[05:39] | he carried on their tradition of partying, | 所以他继承了父母无拘无束的性格 |
[05:42] | as seen in this picture of him | 在这张照片里 |
[05:43] | during his first breast-milk hangover. | 喝了母乳的他体验了人生第一次宿醉 |
[05:47] | He got into goth before it was cool | 远在哥特风流行之前他就走这个路线了 |
[05:49] | and continued on long after it was cool. | 并一直保持到哥特风落伍之后很久 |
[05:54] | I mean, if the murders were happening to me, | 我想说 如果谋杀案发生在我身上 |
[05:56] | yeah, I’d be scared. | 我肯定很害怕 |
[05:57] | But they were happening to other people, so… | 不过既然是发生在别人身上 你懂的 |
[06:00] | If Jimmy Chance wasn’t worried, | 尽管詹姆士·吉斯并不担心 |
[06:02] | the rest of the town was. | 但整个小镇却陷入了恐慌之中 |
[06:04] | One murder turned into three. | 谋杀案从一起变成三起 |
[06:05] | And police started to detect a pattern. | 警察发现这是种有规律的犯罪模式 |
[06:09] | Just go around me! | 快过去 |
[06:11] | So we figured out that all the victims | 我们发现所有的受害人 |
[06:13] | had a mysterious girlfriend that no one could find. | 都有一个不为人所知的神秘女友 |
[06:15] | By “We,” I mean the investigation team. | “我们”当然指的是调查组 |
[06:18] | That’s when I suggest we call this mysterious woman | 那时我建议称这个神秘女人为 |
[06:20] | the Boyfriend Killer. | 男友终结者 |
[06:23] | All the guys on the team loved it. | 调查组的那帮人全都很喜欢这个名字 |
[06:24] | Derek gave me this pin. | 德里克还给了我这个徽章 |
[06:26] | He said I could pick any of the ones in his drawer. | 他说他抽屉里的那些随我挑 |
[06:29] | It was the last one with an eagle on it. | 这可是唯一一个上面有鹰的 |
[06:31] | Nice. | 很不错 |
[06:32] | I only wear it on special occasions, TV interviews, | 我只有特殊场合才会戴 像电视采访啊 |
[06:35] | when I go visit my two moms, | 去看我的两个妈妈 |
[06:37] | or every third Friday when we have our | 或是每个月第三个星期三 |
[06:39] | employee morale-boosting | 为了激励我的员工办的 |
[06:40] | original song karaoke nights. | 原创歌曲卡拉OK之夜 |
[06:42] | Who at Howdy’s loves their jobs | 毫迪超市谁爱岗敬业 |
[06:43] | We do, we do. | 是我们 是我们 |
[06:46] | How long do we all work hard? | 我们卖力工作多久呢 |
[06:48] | All the live-long day. | 时时刻刻 日日年年 |
[06:50] | Instrumental… | 词穷了… |
[06:56] | Those murders were awesome. | 那几起谋杀案帅呆了 |
[06:59] | I mean, not for the dudes that got killed, | 当然了 被杀的那几位比较苦逼 |
[07:01] | There were tons of lonely chicks out there, | 街上全是空虚寂寞冷的小妞 |
[07:03] | ’cause guys were too scared to be dating the Boyfriend Killer. | 男人都怕遇到男友终结者而不敢约会 |
[07:06] | But I know karate. | 不过哥练过空手道 |
[07:15] | These are some of the ladies I dated. | 这些是跟我约会过的一些姑娘们 |
[07:18] | I didn’t have horizontal refreshments with all of them, | 虽然没跟上面每个妞都滚过床单 |
[07:21] | but I did get lots of pictures. | 但拍了不少照片留念 |
[07:23] | I was pulling more tail than | 哥散发的雄风 |
[07:25] | a curious three-year-old in a petting zoo. | 比那些浮花浪蕊更招蜂引蝶 |
[07:27] | Police soon had a woman in custody | 警察很快就拘留了一个女人 |
[07:29] | confessing to the crimes. | 承认谋杀为其所为 |
[07:31] | You bet your ass I did it. | 就是老娘干的 |
[07:33] | I killed all of them. | 全都是我杀的 |
[07:35] | Barbara June Thompson, | 芭芭拉·琼·汤姆森 |
[07:37] | former Miss Natesville. | 前那什维尔小姐 |
[07:38] | She became a professional model, | 她曾是一名职业模特 |
[07:41] | starting out in bathing suits | 以泳衣造型初露锋芒 |
[07:43] | and ending up in straightjackets. | 以精神病束缚衣画上句号 |
[07:46] | I also killed Kennedy, Lincoln, | 肯尼迪和林肯也都是我杀的 |
[07:49] | and the last dodo bird. | 还有最后一只知更鸟 |
[07:51] | Clearly, Barbara June was insane, | 显而易见 芭芭拉·琼疯了 |
[07:53] | and police had the wrong woman. | 警察抓错人了 |
[07:55] | Disco. | 还有迪斯科 |
[07:56] | I killed disco. | 迪斯科也是我杀的 |
[07:57] | It looked like the murderer would continue killing | 看来谋杀案仍将继续 |
[08:00] | until all the boyfriends in Natesville were gone, | 凶手杀光了她在那什维尔所有的男友 |
[08:03] | and she had to start killing “Friends with benefits,” | 接着她将魔爪伸向了炮友 |
[08:06] | until this call was received by 911. | 就在此时 警方接到了这样一个电话 |
[08:09] | 911, what’s your emergency? | 这里是警察局 您遇到了什么紧急情况 |
[08:11] | This is Virginia Chance. | 我叫维吉妮亚·吉斯 |
[08:12] | Virginia, this is your fourth call this month. | 维吉妮亚 你这个月已经第四次报案了 |
[08:14] | For the last time, we don’t | 我再最后跟你说一次 |
[08:15] | handle rotten pumpkin disposal. | 我们不管处理烂南瓜 |
[08:17] | No wait, we actually do have an emergency. | 等等 我们真有紧急情况 |
[08:20] | We captured the Boyfriend Killer! | 我们抓到男友终结者了 |
[08:22] | Ask her about the pumpkins while you’re on the line. | 电话都打了 顺便问问南瓜的事儿 |
[08:24] | How did the Chance’s capture Cold-Blooded Killer? | 吉斯一家是如何抓到冷血杀手的呢 |
[08:27] | To answer that question, | 想知道答案 |
[08:29] | prepare yourself for a magic voyage | 请跟随我们一同展开一段 |
[08:32] | into the wonderful world of cheap Korean animation. | 韩国三流动漫般的奇妙世界 |
[08:36] | Jimmy Chance took his van to pick up | 吉米·吉斯开着他的小货车 |
[08:38] | some bubble gum ice cream and ended up | 去买泡泡糖味冰淇淋 |
[08:40] | getting a double scoop of trouble. | 结果招惹来了加量不加价的大麻烦 |
[08:44] | That’s when Lucy appeared begging for help. | 露西突然从天而降请求帮助 |
[08:46] | Thinking he was being a good Samaritan, | 作为一个毫无底线的烂好人 |
[08:49] | Jimmy scooped her up and drove her to safety. | 吉米果断伸出援手送她到了安全之处 |
[08:53] | You saved my life and you are cute. | 你救了我一命 长得也很帅 |
[08:55] | Make sex with me. | 来一发吧 |
[08:57] | This is fantastic. | 太好了 |
[08:59] | The van started rockin’, | 货车开始震动不停 |
[09:01] | and neighbors knew not to come knockin’. | 邻居们都知道这代表”请勿打扰” |
[09:04] | Jimmy get out here! You’re missing it. | 吉米快出来 你要错过精彩的了 |
[09:06] | This show has cartoons. | 这里还有卡通呢 |
[09:08] | What kind of cartoons? | 什么样的卡通啊 |
[09:10] | Lucky for the Chances, Lucy had to make ploppies, | 算吉斯一家走运 露西想上大号 |
[09:13] | and she excused herself to the bathroom. | 所以她去了洗手间 |
[09:15] | It was during these ploppies, | 在她爽心爽肺之时 |
[09:17] | that the news informed the Chances | 吉斯一家从新闻里得知 |
[09:20] | that Lucy was a wanted murderer. | 这位客人竟是个通缉犯 |
[09:24] | Upon Lucy’s return from making ploppies, | 当露西神清气爽地归来 |
[09:27] | Virginia grabbed the family TV | 维吉妮亚抄起家里的电视机 |
[09:29] | and bam! Good night, scumbag. | 嘭的一声 安息吧 人渣 |
[09:32] | I got to admit, this isn’t what I thought it would be. | 我得承认这跟我当初想的不一样 |
[09:34] | See, we had nothing to worry about. | 看吧 我就说没什么好担心的吧 |
[09:36] | They’re making us look like heroes. | 他们把我们塑造成了英雄 |
[09:37] | A family of heroes. | 英雄家庭诞生了 |
[09:40] | Or, so it would appear from the outside. | 或者说 从表面上看是这样 |
[09:44] | That’s why we decided to probe deeper. | 因为我们决定向更深处探索 |
[09:47] | Even when the story says no, | 纵使故事不堪回首 |
[09:49] | we probe deeper until the story likes it. | 我们也要继续探寻直到揭露真相 |
[09:54] | I told you, I didn’t want to talk about this. | 我说过了 我不想谈这个 |
[09:56] | This interview, it’s-it’s over! | 采访结束了 |
[09:58] | And I was going to do my Gollum imitation | 而且我现在还要模仿《指环王》里面的 |
[10:00] | from Lord Of The Rings. | 咕噜 |
[10:01] | Your loss! | 你们的损失 |
[10:03] | Your loss! | 你们的损失 |
[10:07] | They’re going to show it! | 他们会放那段的 |
[10:08] | You said this would be a flattering portrayal. | 你们说会是正面报导的 |
[10:11] | Liar, liar, pantsuit on fire! | 骗子 骗子 火烧你的裤子 |
[10:15] | Oh! Got busted for stealing the cable! | 偷有线电视被抓现行了 |
[10:21] | You people are such trash. | 你们这些人啊 烂泥糊不上墙 |
[10:30] | What the hell?! | 该死的 |
[10:31] | You people think you can just steal our cable?! | 你们这些人以为这样能偷走我的有线电视吗 |
[10:34] | Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa… | 等等 话得说清楚 |
[10:35] | What do you mean, you people? | “你们这些人”是什么意思 |
[10:37] | We just want to borrow your cable tonight. | 我们只是想今晚借用一下而已 |
[10:38] | Yeah, you got the wrong idea, Tom. | 你误会了 汤姆 |
[10:40] | We don’t steal. | 我们没偷东西 |
[10:41] | Just like you don’t cheat on | 就像你老婆回娘家的时候 |
[10:43] | your wife when she visits her sister. | 你也不会背着她乱搞一样 |
[10:45] | Oh, it’s going to be like that, huh? | 想跟我来这一套 是吧 |
[10:50] | Take your time. | 慢慢看 |
[10:52] | Enjoy our cable | 有线电视随便用 |
[10:58] | The Chance family | 吉斯一家人 |
[10:59] | had captured more than a murderer. | 不仅仅俘获了一个杀人凶手 |
[11:02] | They captured the town’s attention. | 也俘获了小镇人们的目光 |
[11:04] | I became a-a bit of a local celebrity. | 我瞬间跻身小镇名人堂 |
[11:06] | Uh, the sandwich shop changed the name | 有家三明治店把原本的英雄三明治 |
[11:08] | of the hero sandwich to the Jimmy. | 改名为吉米三明治了 |
[11:10] | People started stopping me on the street | 人们经常在路上拦住我 |
[11:11] | to ask for my autograph. | 问我要签名 |
[11:12] | Then, a real movie company asked me to be in a movie. | 后来还有一家电影公司找我演电影 |
[11:15] | All the real stars had done movies for this company: | 有很多大明星为这家公司拍过电影 |
[11:18] | Tanya Harding, | 塔尼娅·哈丁 |
[11:19] | John Wayne Bobbitt, | 约翰·韦恩·巴比特 |
[11:19] | Joey Buttafuoco, | 乔伊·巴特福奥克 |
[11:20] | Screech. | 《救命下课铃》演”咆哮”的家伙 |
[11:34] | If there’s going to be any stabbing, | 就算要插 |
[11:36] | it will be done by me! | 也让我自己来 |
[11:38] | With my body parts! | 用我的肉身 |
[11:40] | Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! | 插啊 插啊 插啊 插啊 插啊 |
[11:46] | That’s all you get, perverts. | 你就这点儿本事吗 变态佬 |
[11:49] | Jimmy Chance was enjoying his fame, | 吉米·吉斯沉醉于出名带给他的一切 |
[11:51] | but eventually he became old news | 却最终只是昙花一现 |
[11:54] | and his high from being a celebrity came crashing down | 比《星随舞动》里早早被淘汰的选手 |
[11:58] | harder than a contestant on Dancing with the Stars | 陨落得更猛更惨烈 |
[12:02] | who was voted off way too early. | 从名流变盲流 |
[12:05] | We hadn’t seen him spend this much time | 自他13岁以来 |
[12:07] | locked in his room since he was 13. | 没见他把自己锁在房里这么久 |
[12:08] | At least back then, he came out with a smile on his face. | 至少以前他出来时 都是一脸满足 |
[12:14] | But, yeah, but this time, | 但这一次 |
[12:15] | he came out all depressed, | 他出来的时候哭丧着脸 |
[12:17] | with those weird drawings. | 还画了好多怪里怪气的画 |
[12:20] | I was at my wit’s end and was this close | 我当时真是伤透脑筋了 |
[12:22] | to buying a self-help book. | 差点儿想买心理自助手册了 |
[12:24] | But then I realized, hey, we live next door to a shrink. | 但我突然想到 我们邻居就是心理医生 |
[12:27] | I’m not a shrink. | 我不是心理医生 |
[12:29] | I got a psychology magazine in the mail once by mistake. | 一次有本心理杂志错投进了我信箱 |
[12:33] | Burt saw it and started calling me Doc. | 伯特看见了 就开始叫我医生 |
[12:35] | He said he would mow my lawn for free | 他说只要我给他儿子做个心理测评 |
[12:38] | if I evaluated his son. | 他就免费给我修草坪 |
[12:40] | So I went with it. | 所以我就干了 |
[12:41] | Hey, hey, hey, hey. | 嘿 嘿 嘿 嘿 |
[12:43] | Jasper, it’s okay. | 贾斯珀 没事儿的 |
[12:45] | It’s just the mailman. | 只是邮递员而已 |
[12:48] | So, anyway, according to the Internet, | 总之吧 根据网上描述的 |
[12:51] | the kid suffered from “Hero depression.” | 那孩子患的是”英雄抑郁症” |
[12:54] | When average people, or in Jimmy’s case, below average, | 作为普通人 当然吉米属于中等偏下 |
[12:59] | get thrust into the spotlight, | 一旦受到瞩目 |
[13:01] | they suddenly feel euphoric. | 他们会得意洋洋 自我膨胀 |
[13:03] | And then when the spotlight goes away, | 一旦没有人再关注他们了 |
[13:05] | so does their sense of self-worth. | 自我价值也就随之消失了 |
[13:06] | Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! | 汪 汪 汪 汪 |
[13:08] | Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark! Bark… | 汪 汪 汪 汪 汪 汪 |
[13:12] | He’s a dog, Burt! | 它只是只狗 伯特 |
[13:14] | You’re a human! | 你可是个大活人 |
[13:15] | I take some of the blame. | 我也有点儿责任 |
[13:17] | As a child, I put a lot of pressure on him | 他小时候 我给了他很大压力 |
[13:19] | to become famous. | 想让他成名 |
[13:21] | When Jimmy Chance was 13, the Chance family decided | 吉米·吉斯13岁时 吉斯一家决定 |
[13:24] | to send in an audition tape for the TV show Star Search. | 给《明日之星》栏目寄一份试镜视频 |
[13:30] | Hello, Mr. McMahon. | 你好 麦马汉先生 |
[13:31] | I’m James Bon Jovi Chance. | 我是詹姆斯·邦·乔维·吉斯 |
[13:33] | I’m about to sing so beautifully, | 我将要献唱一首动人的歌曲 |
[13:35] | I’ll make you forget all about your drinking problem. | 可以令你忘记酗酒问题 |
[13:40] | With a guy like me, with a girl like you | 像我这样的男人 像你那样的女人 |
[13:46] | Oh, could you ever see | 你能明白吗 |
[13:50] | As amazing as Jimmy Chance was, it was all for naught, | 吉米·吉斯的表演再精彩也徒劳 |
[13:54] | because Star Search had been off the air for ten years | 因为当时《明日之星》已经停播十年了 |
[13:59] | and the Chance family was only watching reruns. | 吉斯一家一直看的都是重播 |
[14:06] | Ed, this kid is the star. | 艾德 这孩子绝对是明日之星啊 |
[14:08] | So, disregard all those earlier tapes I sent | 请无视先前我寄的那些 |
[14:11] | of me break-dancing pregnant, okay? | 孕妇霹雳舞 好吗 |
[14:18] | So, primed to be a star and finding he no longer was one, | 想要一夜成名却星梦破灭的吉米 |
[14:23] | Jimmy Chance wallowed in self-pity. | 沉浸在顾影自怜之中 |
[14:26] | Until he got some news from prison | 直到有一天监狱里传来了 |
[14:30] | that would change his life forever. | 将永远改写他人生的消息 |
[14:32] | You’re pregnant? | 你怀孕了吗 |
[14:33] | Say something to your baby. | 和你宝宝说点儿什么吧 |
[14:35] | Hey, baby. | 你好 宝宝 |
[14:45] | At first, Jimmy didn’t handle the news | 起初吉米对搞大连环杀手肚子这件事 |
[14:47] | of getting a serial killer pregnant very well. | 实在接受不能 |
[14:50] | Especially since he thought the baby was gonna | 尤其是他以为 |
[14:51] | have to spend her life in prison, too. | 宝宝也要在监狱里度过终身 |
[14:53] | You’re the one who told him that. | 是你这么告诉他的 |
[14:54] | I did. I did tell him that! | 是我 是我告诉他的 |
[14:58] | Tell them about the letter. | 跟他们说说那封信的事儿 |
[15:02] | Although we had learned to ignore | 尽管我们早就知道 |
[15:03] | most of what the old lady had to say, | 应该忽略这个老太太说的大部分话 |
[15:06] | turns out, there was a letter written from Lucy to Jimmy | 原来在吉米发现露西怀孕不久后 |
[15:11] | shortly after he found out she was pregnant. | 他收到过她的一封信 |
[15:16] | “Jimmy, ever since you came to see me, | “吉米 自从上次你来看过我之后 |
[15:18] | I can’t stop thinking about you | 我一直都在想你 |
[15:20] | and this life we created growing inside me. | 还有我肚子里我们共同创造的小生命 |
[15:23] | Even though there are many female prisoners with your hairstyle, | 尽管很多女犯人发型都跟你差不多 |
[15:27] | there’s no one here quite like you. | 但你无可替代 |
[15:29] | It would mean the world to me to know our baby will someday know | 如果宝宝长大后 能以婚生子女自称 |
[15:33] | it was born to married parents. | 我死而无憾 |
[15:35] | I know I’m not long for this world, but I’d like to spend | 我知道自己活不长了 但我愿意 |
[15:37] | The rest of my life, which is six more months, | 在最后六个多月的生命里 |
[15:40] | as Mrs. Jimmy whatever your last name is.” | 以你之姓 冠我之名” |
[15:43] | Anyone in their right mind would have run away from a proposal | 任何一个脑子正常的人都会拒绝 |
[15:46] | from a convicted serial killer. | 来自一个已定罪连环杀手的求婚 |
[15:49] | But then, Inside Probe wouldn’t have covered that. | 但我们节目怎会报道如此平淡之事 |
[15:52] | Yes. Yes! | 我愿意 我愿意 |
[16:04] | Hello. | 喂 |
[16:04] | You said yes?! You said yes?! | 你同意了 你同意了吗 |
[16:07] | I was flattered! | 我当时有点儿受宠若惊 |
[16:08] | I told you not to watch this! | 我跟你说过别看这个的 |
[16:15] | Anybody want some chamomile? | 有人想来杯甘菊茶吗 |
[16:27] | Hey. | 来啦 |
[16:28] | I cannot believe you agreed to marry her. | 我不敢相信你居然答应娶她 |
[16:29] | Shh! | 嘘 |
[16:32] | A killer terrorizes a city, | 一个让小镇陷入恐慌的杀手 |
[16:34] | a simple young man impregnates her, | 一个单纯的年轻人搞大了她的肚子 |
[16:37] | captures her. | 俘获了她的身体与灵魂 |
[16:39] | The young couple falls in love. | 这对小情人堕入了情网 |
[16:41] | A wedding is planned. | 一场婚礼正在筹划 |
[16:43] | Things were getting spicy. | 事情的进展越来越带劲儿了 |
[16:49] | Not a fan. | 不怎么样 |
[16:50] | I was against it at first. | 我刚开始是不同意的 |
[16:52] | But then I told her, “Look, Jimmy’s our son. | 后来我劝她说 吉米是咱儿子 |
[16:54] | “Whoever he loves, we have to honor and respect that. | 无论他爱谁 我们都应该尊重他 |
[16:57] | “And besides, she’ll be dead in six months, | 再说了 六个月之后她就挂了 |
[16:59] | and he’ll be single again.” | 他也就恢复单身了 |
[17:01] | Believe it or not, | 信不信由你 |
[17:01] | we get a lot of wedding requests at the prison. | 在监狱里我们会收到很多结婚申请 |
[17:04] | Mostly it’s gal-on-gal, but every once in a while, | 通常情况下都是狱友之间的结合 |
[17:07] | a fella comes in and wants to marry one of our guests. | 不过隔三差五的也有人想要跟犯人结婚 |
[17:10] | We try to accommodate. | 我们尽量满足他们 |
[17:12] | Howdy’s Catering puts in bids for all the prison weddings. | 毫迪超市承办所有监狱婚礼的宴席 |
[17:15] | We also do last meals, too. | 我们也承办死囚的最后一餐 |
[17:17] | Lot of leftovers for those. | 这种情况剩菜剩饭很多 |
[17:19] | Sad throwing away all those shrimp. | 丢掉剩下的虾真让人心疼 |
[17:22] | Anyway, in keeping with the prison theme, | 言归正传 为了配合监狱的主题 |
[17:25] | among the items we served were chocolate bars | 我们提供的食物包括 铁窗巧克力 |
[17:27] | and a Jewish smoked salmon called lox. | “枷锁”犹太式熏鲑鱼 |
[17:30] | Bars, lox– get it? | 铁窗 枷锁 好笑吗 |
[17:34] | They didn’t, either. | 顾客也不觉得好笑 |
[17:35] | Jimmy even got his mom | 吉米甚至说服了他妈妈 |
[17:37] | to help with the bride’s dress. | 帮忙改新娘的礼服 |
[17:39] | The wedding was on. | 婚礼如期进行 |
[17:40] | A desperate groom looking for meaning in his life, | 这是一位苦寻人生意义的新郎 |
[17:43] | his family who was trying to make the best of the day, | 他家人努力让这日变成美好的一天 |
[17:47] | and a wedding procession not to be believed. | 婚典队伍更是不可思议 |
[17:59] | Oh, remember Teresa with the mask? | 你们还记得戴面具的特蕾莎吗 |
[18:01] | Yeah, Burt, you tend not to forget the person | 当然 伯特 毕生难忘 |
[18:03] | who tries to bite your ear off. | 她差点把我耳朵咬下来 |
[18:05] | You just had to see her face. | 谁叫你一定要看她的脸 |
[18:11] | This is crazy. | 太有乐子了 |
[18:13] | Hey, we’re here to work, not to be looky-loos. | 我们是来工作的 不是来看热闹的 |
[18:17] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[18:18] | And do you, Jimmy, take this woman Lucy | 吉米 你愿意让露西 |
[18:21] | to be your lawfully wedded wife until death– | 成为你合法妻子 至死不渝 |
[18:24] | until Tuesday, September 21, at midnight? | 直到9月21日周二的午夜吗 |
[18:27] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[18:29] | The couple wed. | 这对儿新人喜结连理 |
[18:30] | They danced the night away. | 他们整夜笙歌 |
[18:32] | *Your best friend Harry has a brother Larry* | *你哥们儿哈利的弟弟拉里* |
[18:34] | *In five days from now, he’s gonna marry* | *五天之后他就要举行婚礼* |
[18:36] | *He’s hoping you can make it there if you can* | *他希望你能出席* |
[18:38] | *’Cause in the ceremony, you’ll be the best man* | *因为伴郎就是你* |
[18:40] | *You say “Neat-o,” Check your libido* | *你说”那敢情好”* |
[18:42] | *And roll to the church in your new tuxedo* | *穿上礼服滚去教堂* |
[18:44] | *The bride walks down just to start the wedding* | *新娘走来 婚礼开始* |
[18:46] | *And there’s one more girl you won’t be getting* | *又多了一个你把不了的妞* |
[18:49] | *So you start thinking, then you start blinking* | *你陷入思考两眼放空* |
[18:51] | *A bridesmaid looks and thinks that you’re winking* | *伴娘以为你在暗送秋波* |
[18:53] | *She thinks you’re kind of cute so she winks back* | *你也挺帅 她频抛媚眼* |
[18:55] | *And now you’re feeling really firm* | *现在你信心满满* |
[18:56] | *’Cause the girl is stacked* | *因为这妹子辣到不行* |
[18:57] | The two young lovers cut the cake. | 这对年轻的爱侣切了蛋糕 |
[18:59] | Everything seemed just fine and dandy. | 一切都看起来那么美好 |
[19:03] | Until this. | 直到… |
[19:04] | Freeze! Everybody freeze! | 不许动 全都不许动 |
[19:06] | Or I’ll cut this fool’s head off! | 不然我就砍了这个傻帽的头 |
[19:08] | In hindsight, we realized that | 事后我们认识到 |
[19:10] | giving a serial stabber-of-male-companions access to a knife | 把刀给一位专杀男性伴侣的连环杀手 |
[19:12] | while she stood next to her new male companion | 而且她的新任男伴还正站在她身边 |
[19:14] | was probably an avoidable mistake. | 好像是一个可以避免的错误 |
[19:18] | Live and learn. | 活到老学到老吧 |
[19:22] | I need a helicopter out of here in an hour, | 一小时内派一架直升飞机送我离开这儿 |
[19:24] | $600 and two tickets to Mamma Mia, | 还有600美元和两张《妈妈咪呀》门票 |
[19:26] | or my husband’s head leaves here in a bag! | 否则我老公的脑袋就不保了 |
[19:28] | Do you want to see Mamma Mia? | 你想看《妈妈咪呀》吗 |
[19:30] | No. | 不想 |
[19:30] | One ticket! | 一张票就够了 |
[19:32] | Freeze! | 不许动 |
[19:37] | Thank you. | 多谢 |
[19:41] | What happens next? | 欲知后事如何 |
[19:42] | You’ll find out after the commercial, | 广告之后再分解 |
[19:45] | when we reveal a bombshell so huge | 我们将抛出重磅炸弹 |
[19:48] | it will absolutely blow your minds. | 绝对让你们大跌眼界 |
[19:51] | Oh, please. | 得了吧 |
[19:53] | They always say that at the end to get you to watch | 结尾的时候他们总是这么说 |
[19:55] | the last two minutes of the show. | 忽悠咱们坚持看完最后几分钟 |
[19:56] | I know I always say this, but seriously, | 我知道我经常忽悠你们 不过说真的 |
[19:59] | this bombshell coming up, it’s going to blow your mind. | 这个重磅炸弹一定让你大吃一惊 |
[20:04] | I already know what happens. | 没什么悬念了 |
[20:06] | Lucy has the baby, she gets fried, and we get Hope. | 露西生了 被电焦了 喜旺归我们了 |
[20:10] | I’m going to bed. | 我要睡觉了 |
[20:11] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[20:14] | Damn it, they’re good. | 该死 他们这招真管用 |
[20:20] | Can’t get enough My Name is Earl? | 《愚人善事》没看过瘾吗 |
[20:22] | My Name is Earl five days a week. | 一周五天《愚人善事》 |
[20:24] | You married a woman who was executed | 你跟一个被执行死刑的妞结过婚 |
[20:25] | and you never thought that was worth sharing with me? | 你竟然没跟我提过这件事 |
[20:27] | I had to look at your blog to find out that you love | 我也是看了你的博客 才知道 |
[20:29] | Arcade Fire and hate people who snoop around. | 你喜欢”拱廊之火” 讨厌鬼祟之人 |
[20:32] | We all have secrets. | 人人都有秘密 |
[20:33] | Shh! | 闭嘴 |
[20:34] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[20:35] | Tonight, we showed you the story of the Chance family, | 今晚节目讲述了吉斯一家的故事 |
[20:39] | the serial killer who changed their lives, | 一名连环杀手改变了这家人的生活 |
[20:42] | and the jailhouse wedding that ended in | 这场婚礼以短暂的人质挟持事件 |
[20:45] | a brief hostage situation. | 草草收场 |
[20:47] | But what we haven’t shown you | 然而我们还没讲到的是 |
[20:49] | is that Lucy Carlyle gave birth to her child. | 露西·卡莱尔生下了一个孩子 |
[20:53] | A lovely little girl named Princess Beyonce, | 一个名叫碧昂斯公主的可爱女孩 |
[20:56] | whose name was later changed. | 后来她改了名字 |
[20:58] | To Hope. | 改叫喜旺了 |
[20:59] | Blah, blah, blah. | 废话 废话 废话 |
[21:01] | We know all this already, Nancy. | 南希 我们都知道了 |
[21:03] | I knew I should’ve gone to bed. | 我就知道我应该上床睡觉去 |
[21:05] | …Carlyle was executed. | 卡莱尔被执行死刑了 |
[21:07] | This crazy story was finally over. | 这个疯狂的故事终于画上了句号 |
[21:10] | You were right, Virginia. | 你说得对 维吉妮亚 |
[21:11] | They keep you sticking around for the last segment, | 就是让咱们守着电视看最后一段 |
[21:13] | then they got nothing! | 可是却啥也没有 |
[21:14] | I’m just glad it’s over. | 我很高兴终于完了 |
[21:15] | Or was it over? | 这就完了吗 |
[21:19] | There was one more | 还有一个重磅炸弹 |
[21:20] | bombshell left. | 没丢出来呢 |
[21:21] | A bombshell named Lucy Carlyle. | 那就是露西·卡莱尔 |
[21:25] | I’m alive! | 姐逆天而归 |
[21:28] | You thought I was dead, but I’m not. | 你们认为姐挂了 可是姐还活着 |
[21:30] | Bam! | 吓一跳吧 |
[21:31] | How you like them apples? | 没想到吧 |
[21:38] | Those were worth sticking around for. | 这还真是没白等 |